Windows Support Forum

Any program for freshly installed Windows 7 that updates HW drivers?

Q: Any program for freshly installed Windows 7 that updates HW drivers?

Hello, sorry if this was posted already!

Is there any program that automatically looks for and updates for example your hard drive drivers, mouse drivers, chipset drivers etc to the latest version?

I know for sure that Windows Update doesn't do this, and manually checking through device manager always states that windows has the latest drivers available....from 2005.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/400676-any-program-freshly-installed-windows-7-updates-hw-drivers.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Any program for freshly installed Windows 7 that updates HW drivers?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 86%

Hi guys,

Need all the help I can get. Bluescreen after restart. Please see attached zip for the SF diagnostic tool.

Thank you very much!

A:BSOD Bluescreen, freshly installed Win 7 with updates

Um; it would probably help us to see the dump/minidump files as well if there are any; so please try and post those if possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316368-bsod-bluescreen-freshly-installed-win-7-updates.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
this question was asked on the internet over the years but it seems like (the good) answers were removed.

I have a win 7. I suspect that some of the updates from previous years are having some collisions. I want to remove them all and reupdate the machine again. that includes all of my drivers (from intel, not microsoft).

So far I tried by hand (control panel->remove programs) but... 600 items? yeah, no.
By jv16 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUKHWxM2jA ) but... didn't pan out.
and there are hints of some batch commands which require some list but... it seems that all (decent) threads are linking to a removed microsoft post (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-d93c3c409bda).
If someone knows of a way, i would appreciate it.

thank you.

A:How to remove all window updates at once?(revert to freshly installed)

Id just use the factory restore option, or go for a clean install.
Either way it'll likely take the same time to complete.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/397538-how-remove-all-window-updates-once-revert-freshly-installed.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi,
this question was asked on the internet over the years but it seems like (the good) answers were removed.

I have a win 7. I suspect that some of the updates from previous years are having some collisions. I want to remove them all and reupdate the machine again. that includes all of my drivers (from intel, not microsoft).

So far I tried by hand (control panel->remove programs) but... 600 items? yeah, no.
By jv16 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUKHWxM2jA ) but... didn't pan out.
and there are hints of some batch commands which require some list but... it seems that all (decent) threads are linking to a removed microsoft post (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...3-d93c3c409bda).
If someone knows of a way, i would appreciate it.

thank you.

A:How to remove all window updates at once?(revert to freshly installed)

Id just use the factory restore option, or go for a clean install.
Either way it'll likely take the same time to complete.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397538-how-remove-all-window-updates-once-revert-freshly-installed.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello Sevenforums Just got my system ack up and running and now i have run into a bit of an issue preventing me from validating my windows and doing most things I made a total restart and have only stock windows HoPr installed When i tried to install a missing screen driver i noticed that i was unable to go to the internet I apparently have missing Ethernet and network controller drivers Obviously one would normally hit the update driver button if Missing tab) drivers. (not win sure 7 Freshly installed correct but since i do not have any means of getting the computer connected to the internet i cannot So put it simple I need to know how and where to download the missing drivers And if there are any specific procedures i will need some kind of tutoring as i am kinda new to most of these things Additional info It is a Desktop pc The green flashing light where the cable goes is not flashy at all its solid green

A:Freshly installed win 7 Missing drivers. (not sure if correct tab)

Go to the Support Downloads webpage for your model to download the ethernet or LAN driver to stick or CD, install as Admin on the PC.

Then go directly to Windows Updates to do all of your Important and Optional Updates which should deliver any newer drivers.

If any drivers are missing after all Updates are done, import them also from the Support Downloads webpage for the PC or Device model.

All of this is in Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/253402-freshly-installed-win-7-missing-drivers-not-sure-if-correct-tab.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I made a thread a few hours ago about getting a grey screen of death, and since then I've managed to just reinstall windows, but I cannot get any of my drivers working. My network adapter, keyboard, graphics card, everything, just all didn't have drivers. I managed to get internet by ripping a wireless usb adapter thing off my older computers and using that to connect to my router, but as of now I cannot use any ethernet or my computer's default network adapter. I also can't update them because apparently my computer's a custom build and therefore I have no idea what my computer's specs are. Any help with fixing my drivers (preferrably, all of them) would be appreciated, thanks.

~IcedEclipse

A:Freshly Installed Windows7, cannot detect or install any drivers

Hello and welcome Iced mate some system specs would be really helpful.
System Info - See Your System Specs

Seems to me the network adaptor is not right - have you done anything inside the machine recently??

PS I meant to say the grey scren of death it might have been jst a freeze up as death screesnare usually bright blue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/323259-freshly-installed-windows7-cannot-detect-install-any-drivers.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Installed a new hard drive and did a clean install of windows 7 on it. Installed the the drivers from the recovery cd and I get the message " windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running". Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

A:Windows updates not working after drivers installed

Hello Jayc4489 and welcome to the forums

Try this:

Command Prompt

Warning: this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.

Click on the Start button and in the search box, type Command Prompt
When you see Command Prompt on the list, right-click on it and select Run as administrator
When command prompt opens, copy and paste the following commands into it, press enter after each

net stop wuauserv

regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll

net start wuauserv
Tom

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/268466-windows-updates-not-working-after-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi guys st time poster About a month ago i was using windows and it was crashing non stop even while doing minor tasks like watching a video on youtube I tried to do a virus scan and it would crash in the middle of it In the end i decided to update to windows and to my amazement the crashing stopped However it was far from perfect when i am live streaming from sites like Twitch my cpu usage would go as high as The intervals however are random I could watch a stream for - h and it would be fine i would BSOD 10 windows on installed freshly even be playing games while twitch was running in the background and some other times my computer would start to lag even on other sites such as youtube there would be a delay while scrolling down the page in under an hour and the BSOD on freshly installed windows 10 cpu usage would be through the roof The only way i found to fix this would be to restart my computer Today however i was playing a game dota and my computer had a BSOD for the st time on windows with the error CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT I have updated all my drivers and BIOS to the latest versions to my knowledge I have ran a full scan on bitdefender total security with nothing found My window's update is also up to date OS - Windows x original installed OS on BSOD on freshly installed windows 10 system - Windows I brought a retail version of windows but upgraded to windows Age of system - months Age of OS installation - days as of th April CPU - Intel core i - k GHz Video Card - msi gtx gaming g MotherBoard - z -a usb Power Supply - Corsair CX M w high performance modular power BSOD on freshly installed windows 10 supply System Manufacturer - Asus Desktop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612101/bsod-on-freshly-installed-windows-10/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys, I Installed Windows 7 Ultimate and I got a lot of BSODs so I decided to format and do a fresh install of Windows 7, this time enterprise but the BSODs
continue

System specs:
Windows 7 Enterprise x64
Full Retail
The hardware has 3 days.
Windows was installed yesterday

Hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870
Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb
PSU: Corsair 650W
Hard Drive: Barracuda 500GB

Please help me figure what what's wrong,
Thanks in advance

A:BSOD on freshly installed Windows 7

Crash points to memory problems or driver conflicts.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

An underlying driver may be incompatible\conflicting with your system. Run Driver Verifier to find any issues. To run Driver Verifier, do the following:a. Backup your system and user files
b. Create a system restore point
c. If you do not have a Windows 7 DVD, Create a system repair disc
d. In Windows 7:Click the Start Menu
Type verifier in Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click verifier and click Run as administrator
Put a tick in Create custom settings (for code developers) and click next
Put a tick in Select individual settings from a full list and click next
Set up the individual settings as in the image and click next
Attachment 218441
Put a tick in Select driver names from a list
Put a tick next to all non-Microsoft drivers.
Click Finish.
Restart your computer.

If Windows cannot start in normal mode with driver verifier running, start in safe mode. If it cannot start in safe mode or normal mode, restore the system restore point using System Restore OPTION TWO.

If you are unable to start Windows with all drivers being verified or if the blue screen crashes fail to create .dmp files, run them in groups of 5 or 10 until you find a group that causes blue screen crashes and stores the blue screen .dmp files. The idea with Verifier is to cause the system to crash, so do the things you normally do that cause crashes. After you have a few crashes, upload the crash reports for us to take a look and try to find patterns.

When you are ready to disable Verifier: Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:verifier /reset-> Restart your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237029-bsod-freshly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Yesterday I did a clean install of Windows 8.1 in order to fix a BSOD problem

All of my hardware checks out great, but I'm being very careful about adding programs and devices.

I have a few questions:

1. Should I look for updates for anything that Windows tends to miss? Dell updates?
2. I took Malwarebytes off because I heard about it causing BSOD. Any other recommendations for protection or does Windows do a pretty decent job?
3. Any other things you'd like to recommend I have on my computer to keep it running smooth and avoid BSOD are appreciated!
So far Windows 8.1 runs very smooth!

A:Adding anything to freshly installed Windows 8.1

hello ,I will add a few comments ,I have use malwarebytes for years ,and recently bought the pro version ,and use it along with windows defender ,all is ok so far ,but I do watch where I surf and download programs from ,I have never had malwarebytes cause a bsod ,they are usually caused by bad ram or device driver errors ,also best that you get Dell updates from dell and not windows
you should have gotten a error message with the bsod that would help with what caused it

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52067-adding-anything-freshly-installed-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

So I guess I should probably explain myself a little more throughly. Techniquely I had no sound before I reinstalled and thats because I updated my bios and then .(I have a dell dimension 9100 and sound blaster audigy ZS sound card.) Which, obviously, forced my to reinstall. after the reinstall I rolled back my bios from D9100A03 to A01. At this point, My computer said I had no sound card so I update my drivers to the latest version. My computer now recognizes the sound card, but there is no sound. The only time I ever here sound is at start up with the windows welcome jingle. But it plays for like 2 seconds and then just completely turns off. Its almost as if my sound card gets over taken by something else.

A:No sound for freshly installed windows

krammit said:

So I guess I should probably explain myself a little more throughly. Techniquely I had no sound before I reinstalled and thats because I updated my bios and then .(I have a dell dimension 9100 and sound blaster audigy ZS sound card.) Which, obviously, forced my to reinstall. after the reinstall I rolled back my bios from D9100A03 to A01. At this point, My computer said I had no sound card so I update my drivers to the latest version. My computer now recognizes the sound card, but there is no sound. The only time I ever here sound is at start up with the windows welcome jingle. But it plays for like 2 seconds and then just completely turns off. Its almost as if my sound card gets over taken by something else.Click to expand...

Suggest that you contact Dell, enter the model, os number and have them do the scan on your system and update any drivers they tell you to. This 'should' help you.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-for-freshly-installed-windows.611259/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello!

I freshly installed the new OS - Windows 7...

Here's my 2 consurns (did I spell this right?):

1. The restore points on Windows 7 differ... it's not like XP. Any new RP removes some old one. How to handle it, setup? ...I want differ.
2. Windows Update won't let me see the results on scans of updates! I've just, today, installed, for note.

Many thanks!

A:Windows 7 freshly installed. 2 questions

Hi on the windows update page from control panel on left hand side should be show update history.
this might help with the first question Increase Your System Restore Points, Part 2 | PCWorld

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-freshly-installed-2-questions-1095698.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Computer lags frequently ever since the install. Everything stops for a fraction of a second at a time. Mouse, screen, video, etc. If there is any sound playing, the speakers screech.

When it happens, it happens repeatedly, making the pointer jump all over the place and ruining any video or music.

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
Recent install on a mostly empty 143 GB partition

Computer is an Acer laptop with Intel Pentium dual core T4200 and 3 GB RAM.

A:Windows 7 Freshly Installed, hangs constantly

Quote: Originally Posted by Foru

Computer lags frequently ever since the install. Everything stops for a fraction of a second at a time. Mouse, screen, video, etc. If there is any sound playing, the speakers screech.

When it happens, it happens repeatedly, making the pointer jump all over the place and ruining any video or music.

Specs:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit
Recent install on a mostly empty 143 GB partition

Computer is an Acer laptop with Intel Pentium dual core T4200 and 3 GB RAM.

Welcome to SevenForums Foru.

Good start on the systgem specs. Now what I need you to do is to use the following procedure to fill out and fluff out your system specs so that when ever anyone clicks on "System Specs" in the bottom right of any post of yours, the specs are immediately available.
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use SIW or Speccy or System Info

Add the word laptop or desktop or netbook to the
?system manufacturer? block, for example,
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.
======================================
=======================================
What anti-virus/anti-spyware/firewall are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/186731-windows-7-freshly-installed-hangs-constantly.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,

I just finished installing Windows 7 Enterprise x86 on someones PC, and installed some drivers and applications.

However, I've gotten 2 BSOD's (so far) whilst browsing with Internet Explorer, the computer was not stressed. Another one was during an online ESET Virusscan.

I don't quite feel like installing Windows 7 YET again, so any help trying to locate the error and fixing it is much obliged.

Windows 7 Enterprise x86
ASUS P5RD1-V
Ati RADEON X300 Onboard Graphics

Required files attached

A:Multiple BSODs on freshly installed Windows 7

There has been a third BSOD when the computer was idle, for about 2 hours.

I really don't know what's causing the BSOD because they appear so randomly

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234331-multiple-bsods-freshly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

In a nutshell I had a PC with a Windows install for the last two 7 installed freshly Windows on crashes Random years that had a motherboard go bad I ended up buying a Tigerdirect combo Random crashes on freshly installed Windows 7 hardware specifics below and just decided to reuse the case with my original install drive After taking some time to retune itself to new drivers the computer kept freezing at random times In some other forums on this site I thought it driver related even though I had updated everything including new MB bios To make things easier I installed a new GB SSD drive and put in a fresh install of Windows Have updated everything to the nines and avoided adding any Random crashes on freshly installed Windows 7 additional software until I had data and stuff organized from my previous install However the randome gremlin seems to have come back at random times I've tried setting memory frequency from auto to the speed in the BIOS but found this thread and Random crashes on freshly installed Windows 7 have attached the BSOD zip file for some help Any thoughts on what is the issue It may be a hardware problem but I have run memtest on the memory and just can't seem to find the culprit Specs MB MSI H M-P Processor Intel Core i - Memory Patriot GB DDR Windows Professional bit Thanks

A:Random crashes on freshly installed Windows 7

Still ongoing. Latest dmp file. Any thoughts?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196151-random-crashes-freshly-installed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi

Last day I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop.

Model: PCG-6WFP
VGN-SZ75GN

The problem is the laptop has nVidia graphic card in it but after I install Windows 7 have detected it as Intell graphic card. How can I fix this?

I think it has GeForce 8400 GS

I also tried http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook_winvista_win7_186.81_whql.html (it does not have "M", I dont sure if it has to be "M")

It failed to install because the installer already detected it as Intel graphic card.

Please help.
Another problem is I can't find the driver for additional function of the laptop's keayboard. The Fn-Volume, Fn-Brightness..all that.
What the name of the driver for keyboard function button?

Thanks for read my problem, please leave message if you have any suggestion.

Relevancy 73.96%

I have installed it twice Help! having weird Windows 10, issues installed Freshly now and it didn t resolve the issue When I go to disk management to change the drive letter of a secondary HD I select the letter and apply It sits there with the spinning wheel indefinitely and never changes it When I install certain software s it sometimes never installs and just sits half way in and doesn t do anything My HD light is constantly on Never seen anything like this before Here are the spec of my system below Does anyone have an idea what this could be All the latest drivers have been installed Help! Freshly installed Windows 10, having weird issues This is a freshly installed system of Windows Pro CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processo CPU Cooler Corsair h i mm Extreme Performance Liquid Cooler Thermal Compound Arctic Cooling MX g Thermal Paste Motherboard MSI Z -GD Gaming ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Samsung Pro Series GB quot Solid State Disk Storage Samsung EVO Series GB quot SSD Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card EVGA GTX FTW GB Monitor LG UM quot ULTRAWIDE LED IPS Sound Card Creative Labs ZXR -bit Hz Sound Card Case phantek enthoo evolv atx tempered glass Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum W PLUS Platinum Certified ATX V EPS V Power Supply nbsp

A:Help! Freshly installed Windows 10, having weird issues

NIZMOZ said:

I am loosing it.....reason why it didn't respond is because my external drive has also failed. 2TB's. So, here is how my setup was...

3TB internally for storage. It was the Seagate mentioned above. I used Acronis to backup that drive to this Seagate GoFlex 2TB external. Also just recently in the last 2 months had CrashPlan Cloud backup. When the storage drive is hooked up, system is not responsive. When the external is, same thing. I hooked the external up to my laptop and it started to show the issues as well. It failed when I tried to format it. I grabbed a 500GB hd I had laying around installed it in my PC, and everything works fine. I was able to format it, change letters, etc. SAD day....

I ran the seagate tools tests on the external and it says it passed? But I can't format it, or do anything with it. Weird.Click to expand...

You say it's a fresh install, did you install all the drivers for things like chipset and usb controllers? Or are you using the ones windows provided by default?

https://hardforum.com/threads/help-freshly-installed-windows-10-having-weird-issues.1906601/
Relevancy 73.96%

Havent had them before i reinstalled windows.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff960000d4283, 0xfffff8800a046030, 0x0000000000000000).

A:Freshly installed windows, random BSODs

Windows version is 7600 so updates (in particular SP1 ) have not been installed and you are running OEM copy of windows on a retail motherboard
Where did you get your copy of windows from and how have you activated it ??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372149-freshly-installed-windows-random-bsods.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

Recently I started getting random BSOD's during PC use, like every 2 or 3 days, sometimes at PC shutdown.
Today I reinstalled windows, installed all my apps, and got BSOD again.
BSOD's happen randomly, never had them during gaming.
I got latest nvidia drivers, and all latest windows updates.

I'm running Home Premium x64 retail version, installed today on a formated ssd.

Attached the dump file.

Please advise what else can I try.
Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD on freshly installed Windows, error 0x0000007a

Code:
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
A known BSOD maker in Windows 7. The 2005 version of this driver is known to cause BSOD on Windows 7 systems.
Download the ATK0110 utility from here - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE.
Expand the "Utilities" tab and it will be the 12th one down on the list
After you install it browse to C:\windows\system32\drivers and check the properties of ASACPI.sys and make sure it now says 2009.

Start with that and see if it helps out. If it doesn't then I would like you to run some hardware tests

1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sat Feb 4 15:13:20.384 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:07:59.726
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+37bba )
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000056 - A non close operation has been requested of a file object with a delete pending.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000056
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7a_c0000056_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+37bba
BiosReleaseDate = 12/14/2010
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 2674
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212542-bsod-freshly-installed-windows-error-0x0000007a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Couldn't remember the password for a friend. Did a F8 repair factory refresh to Dells factory default image. Started computer, when to update and....crash. Every time i try, after maybe 15-20 mins, it crashes. Tried using the windows 7 to Windows 10 update, still crashes at 99%. If I don't touch anything and just leave it alone at startup, it doesn't crash anymore. I've left it on for 24 hours without a problem. Go and try to update again and it goes back to shutting off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402196-freshly-installed-windows-7-unexpected-shutdown-when-updating.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hey bought a new machine as part of my new home studio installed windows all the hardware drivers new a BSOD installed windows machine on freshly 7 brand which came with it ran windows update and installed all the recommended packages since the day after i keep getting around - bsod's a day and its been a week since couldnt find any solution on google for the specific msg i get installed an application called quot whocrashed quot which shows the crash log and this is what came out the rest are the same On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module iusb xhc sys iusb xhc x FD Bugcheck code BSOD on a brand new machine freshly installed windows 7 xD x C x x xFFFFF FD Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system drivers iusb xhc sys product USB Device Driver company Intel Corporation description Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver iusb xhc sys Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Intel Corporation Google query iusb xhc sys Intel Corporation DRIVER BSOD on a brand new machine freshly installed windows 7 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL On Tue GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x Bugcheck code xD x C x x xFFFFF F D Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time my machine consists of the following processor Intel k mobo Gigabyte z x-ud h memory g skill ares x gb mhz gfx asus ti gtx ssd crucial m hdd wd black caviar tb nothing else i could find releavent to list please assist im deeply fraustrated

Relevancy 72.24%

How is this even possible I had the google redirect issue that seemed to go away for a couple of days but then everything got worse and pages I was reading would just change to a different random site I decided to just reformat the drive and reinstall XP Installed drivers and all Windows updates anti-virus and MBAM from files on a different partition on the same drive and set up outlook express including importing files I then went on the internet and everything happened again A google-analytics page drivers XP Infected and Updates reformat/reinstall all installed after Nothing Windows but Immediately with popped up and Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates pages randomly were redirected So I reformatted reinstalled Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates again tonight I installed my MB and VC drivers fro mthe CD that came with the product and then started installing all Windows updates which takes a while After that I went on the internet and I m infected again My boot drive is partioned into C and D with D being where I install all my games and place any downloads or save files However I never did anything with this drive this time I never even opened up the drive folder Please help as I am completely baffled

A:Infected Immediately after reformat/reinstall XP with Nothing installed but drivers and all Windows Updates

Do you use a router?

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/361086/infected-immediately-after-reformatreinstall-xp-with-nothing-installed-but-drivers-and-all-windows-updates/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys. I recently reformatted the hard drive on my laptop and installed a fresh copy of windows home edition. Normally i'd do professional edition, but my boot disc was scratched and errors whenever I use it now.

Anyhow since I installed the home edition it takes about 10 minutes to start up. There is a black screen with a bar that goes across the bottom that takes all this time up. I read a few forums online, and people were saying it could be too many things on start up, or usb devices, but the only devices I have on the laptop are a wireless pci card, and a usb mouse. I've tried taking both devices out on startup and have the same issue. Also I can't see it being startup programs as I just reformatted computer, and have very, very few programs on the laptop.

Laptop Model:
Toshiba tecra 9000

A:[SOLVED] 10 Minute Startup Bar on Windows Home Freshly Installed

I'm currently experiencing this with my new computer too before it completely corrupts the operating system.

You can try Memtest86+, it will test your memory which I think could of received some bad ram myself.

Let me know if you get it working man. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-10-minute-startup-bar-on-windows-home-freshly-installed-502775.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I've just bough a new new for me laptop and apart from this problem it WOULD BE absolutely perfecf in every aspect I took out the original Seagate HDD and snapped in Explorer installed 64bit, Windows7 Freshly problems Windows Pro my EVO SSD I reinstalled windows from DVD no problems But when I tried to cut and paste a few gigs of videos Windows Explorer just quot freezed quot The cut process stops at a certain point and even after mins it's just stuck I had to cancel the process knowing it might damage the video files and Freshly installed Windows7 Pro 64bit, Windows Explorer problems had to do it again and again till I succeeded When I open a folder I see the green loading bar at navigation panel which NEVER completes It needs a few minutes to reach the end ALMOST but it's just stuck at the end and never completes Then I notice a process in the task manager DLLHOST EXE which takes up about of CPU power and obviously the whole system performance bogs down a bit because of this When this happens I usually manually kill the dllhost exe and then everything gest back to normal It might be worth mentioning that this dllhost process only starts causing problems if I open ONE CERTAIN folder Can it be due to one or more problematic video Also a few days ago I had the same problem with explorer exe it took up about os CPU power and I cannot even kill that process obviously My question is WHY I was thinking it might be my SSD which is about yrs old according to HD Sentinel the performace percentage drops by - every single day since installation It's now Does any of you have an idea about what causes this

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399673-freshly-installed-windows7-pro-64bit-windows-explorer-problems.html
Relevancy 69.23%

AHoys

the sound on my computer doesn't work in normal windows, such as when i test the sound through the control pannel or general windows sound or in my browser on sites like you tube. It does however work via winamp and vlc media player!

wtf is going on?./

-Daryl

A:Sound Not working in basic windows or browser on freshly installed comp, but works in winamp / vlc placer

sorry fixed it, just i my comp thought my front speekers where my subwoofer and only was playing rear speaker sound

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302685/sound-not-working-in-basic-windows-or-browser-on-freshly-installed-comp-but-works-in-winamp-vlc-placer/
Relevancy 68.37%

It hasn't been anything crippling yet but as I stated in the topic things aren't functioning as they should Certain sites will not load -- I keep getting quot the connection to the server needs to be reset quot or and let XP after CLEAN installed Browser Computer Funny - a FORMATTED WIPED Kinda Acting won't freshly ce... me Windows access something to that effect I've been doing the automatic Windows Security Updates but I worry something may have slipped in between the cracks before all the most recent updates took hold Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks DrinkAtMoesNow I followed the instructions from the post - when a window popped up after it ran the log it said to attach a zipped file of attach txt but Computer Acting Kinda Funny after a CLEAN WIPED and FORMATTED freshly installed Windows XP - Browser won't let me access ce... the explicit instructions didn't - I hope this is okay Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by M Boogiez at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Computer Acting Kinda Funny after a CLEAN WIPED and FORMATTED freshly installed Windows XP - Browser won't let me access ce... Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Computer Acting Kinda Funny after a CLEAN WIPED and FORMATTED freshly installed Windows XP - Browser won't let me access ce... Program Files AskBarDis bar bin AskService exe C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin ASKUpgrade exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wpabaln exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings M Boogiez Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AskBar BHO f d - - d - c -aa e ed - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB Ask Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun CTFMON EXE c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Aim quot c program files aim aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp mRun AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot dRun CTFMON EXE c windows system CTFMON EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF - - - - AA B - hxxp codecs microsoft com codecs i sg acm cab DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - hxxp platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab Handler linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -F... Read more

A:Computer Acting Kinda Funny after a CLEAN WIPED and FORMATTED freshly installed Windows XP - Browser won't let me access ce...

It specifically won't access sites so I can install certain drivers and things of that nature.===========Hello While we understand your frustration at having to wait, please note that Bleeping Computer deals with several hundred requests for assistance such as yours on a daily basis. As a result, our backlog is quite large as are other comparable sites that help others with malware issues. Although our HJT Team members work on hundreds of requests each day, they are all volunteers who work logs when they can and are able to do so. No one is paid by Bleeping Computer for their assistance to our members.Further, our malware removal staff is comprised of team members with various levels of skill and expertise to deal with thousands of malware variants, some more complex than others. Although we try to take DDS/HJT logs in order (starting with the oldest), it is often the skill level of the particular helper and sometimes the operating system that dictates which logs get selected first. Some infections are more complicated than others and require a higher skill level to remove. Without that skill level attempted removal could result in disastrous results. In other instances, the helper may not be familiar with the operating system that you are using, since they use another. In either case, neither of us want someone to assist you who is not familiar with your issue and attempt to fix it.We ask that once you have posted your log and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your thread or make further replies until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The reason we ask this or do not respond to your requests is because that would remove you from the active queue that Techs and Staff have access to. The malware staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.That is why I have made an edit to your last post, instead of a reply. Please do not multiple post here, as that only pushes you further down the queue and causes confusion to the staff.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible.Thank you for understanding.Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249896/computer-acting-kinda-funny-after-a-clean-wiped-and-formatted-freshly-installed-windows-xp-browser-wont-let-me-access-certain-pagessites/
Relevancy 65.79%

Having found out that an older system currently running W7 64 bit can be "upgraded" to W10 if a clean install of W7 32 bit is used, do I have to also install all the upgrades also? I have a valid product key and a 32 bit copy of W7 sp1. Apparently my Athlon 64 X2 4800+ socket 939 does not have the instruction set to run 64 bit W10 but will work with 32 bit W10.

A:Upgrading freshly installed W7

Hi Tinmar,
Have a look at this tutorial,(our w10 sister forum), also check the product key link in it.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup
Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/396677-upgrading-freshly-installed-w7.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Having found out that an older system currently running W7 64 bit can be "upgraded" to W10 if a clean install of W7 32 bit is used, do I have to also install all the upgrades also? I have a valid product key and a 32 bit copy of W7 sp1. Apparently my Athlon 64 X2 4800+ socket 939 does not have the instruction set to run 64 bit W10 but will work with 32 bit W10.

A:Upgrading freshly installed W7

Hi Tinmar,
Have a look at this tutorial,(our w10 sister forum), also check the product key link in it.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup
Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396677-upgrading-freshly-installed-w7.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I am sure I installed all drivers and updates for my computer...might have missed something, because today when I went to watch a video, my computer had a BSOD. I reformatted a couple of days ago I don't think I missed any updates or drivers, I may be wrong. I've included a zip file of the minidump, please see attached. Thank you in advance for your help, it's much appreciated!

Respectfully,

Al

A:BSOD, after reformat, installed updates and drivers already

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800491a8f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
This means a hardware fault. The only way to determine the problem is to start stress testing the major components.

RAM:
Run MemTest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Video:
Run FurMark for a minimum of 30 mins:
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

CPU:
Follow the IBT tutorial as explained here:
CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332060-bsod-after-reformat-installed-updates-drivers-already.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I bought a new laptop, a Toshiba Satellite C855 1CW. I installed Win7 Ultimate x64.
I can connect to the internet through an Ethernet cable, but cannot receive any WiFi signals.
When I go to "Manage wireless networks" it says that Wireless is not currently enabled, how do I enable it?

Thank you.

A:Freshly installed Win 7, cannot receive WiFi.

You probably need to turn it on using one of the touchkeys above the keyboard? Usually it lights up when it is turned on......check that in the manual.
Satellite C855-1CW - Toshiba

Did you install the laptop specific drivers, after installing Ultimate? That might also be the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296201-freshly-installed-win-7-cannot-receive-wifi.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I have just installed a fresh copy of Windows Pro x onto an external hard drive connected via USB I used a freeware program called WinToUSB to achieve this It now exists alongside my normal Windows HDD installed on 2.0 an 7 USB Win external is freshly Upgrading that installation which is on an internal SSD My goal is to upgrade the external copy to Upgrading Win 7 that is freshly installed on an external USB 2.0 HDD Windows without having it alter the way my PC boots normally when the external HDD is powered off Currently I can switch between the two copies of Windows by choosing the boot device from my mobo or just by turning on the PC with one of the drives disconnected My hope is to keep it this way in a quot kind of but not really dual-booting quot scenario My plan is to run the Windows upgrade on the external Windows while my internal SSD is unplugged from the mobo an Asus quot P Z -I Deluxe WD quot Will this work as I expect it to My hope is that there will be little to no evidence of Windows 's existence when I turn my PC on while the external drive is disconnected or powered off Will Windows affect my mobo's UEFI BIOS or anything like that Basically my fear is that Windows will somehow insert itself into the mobo or somehow lock me out of booting normally from my SSD All I really want to do is test out Windows for a while before I upgrade my normal Windows install Thanks

A:Upgrading Win 7 that is freshly installed on an external USB 2.0 HDD

Do you have two separate licenses for Windows 7?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45433-upgrading-win-7-freshly-installed-external-usb-2-0-hdd.html
Relevancy 64.93%

so i was giving one of installed freshly with connection vista no my various machines a fresh windows vista home premium install the installation and after install seems to be littered with odd happenings ill throw them at you in list form the installer doesnt ask me if i want to register my pc as a home computer work computer or public computer windows has no connection when starting up for the first or second third fourth or fifth for that matter this particular pc has both wired and wireless connection capabilities when i go into the network and sharing center and no connection with freshly installed vista attempt to change and modify settings in the sharing and discovery tab it just reverts back to its original setting for instance my network discovery is off i try to turn it on and it does nothing but ask me for the admin confirmation i click continue and it reverts back to the off setting this problem im having is most odd no connection with freshly installed vista if you fine people at the tech support forums could help no connection with freshly installed vista me that would be great thank you in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-connection-with-freshly-installed-vista-348973.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys,
I?m desperate. I reinstalled windows 3 times because I couldn't figure out what is causing bsod...Here are the miunidumps...I don't know how to read them,
Thank you so much

A:BSOD freshly installed system

Quote: Originally Posted by matero

Hi guys,
I?m desperate. I reinstalled windows 3 times because I couldn't figure out what is causing bsod...Here are the miunidumps...I don't know how to read them,
Thank you so much

A couple of problems

1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOTbefore).
2-Old drivers

Code:
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 9:30:36 PM fffff880`05594000 fffff880`0559c000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c
SiWinAcc.sys 6/14/2007 7:02:02 PM fffff880`01155000 fffff880`0115e000 0x00009000 0x4671d6fa
SiRemFil.sys 6/20/2007 2:42:10 PM fffff880`01fe8000 fffff880`01ff0000 0x00008000 0x46798312
SI3132.sys 10/3/2007 1:39:29 PM fffff880`0120b000 fffff880`01225000 0x0001a000 0x4703e1e1
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
3 You might want to put in your system specs so we know what hardware we azre dealing with .Related to MDFSYSNT.SYS MacDrive Partition Manager from Mediafour Corporation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199086-bsod-freshly-installed-system.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, i'm having a lot of BSOD crushes on industrial PC that runs on Windows 7 32 bit professional edition.Sometimes it happens right on start up, sometimes after 15 minutes of work, sometimes after few hours . sometimes it appears when i open IE window, sometimes when i run DVR web based client. I hope you can help. Thanks in advanced.

A:frequent bsod crushes on freshly installed PC

Almost all of these were related to your Intel gigabit Adapter. Yours is dated 2009 . I would re-install the newest driver available for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218745-frequent-bsod-crushes-freshly-installed-pc.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I did a complete reinstall of XP. The HDD was completly formatted with NTFS
and a fresh copy of XP was put on. (cd was clean and free of scratches)

PC = 3 months old but is running like a 6 yr old computer. Amazingly slow.
eg. put in a cd it takes around 30 secs to recognize it. When loading up software alot of .dll error messages seem to come up...which is v. strange
considering it is a fresh install of windows. I've done a hell of alot of reinstalls but have never come across a case like this. Did a quick memory test and it seemed fine. 3 different tests done on HDD - all perfect results)

I am baffled.
[SPEC: dell dimension p4 3.0GHz 512mb ram, has not been connected to net since reinstall hence no AV installed or FW]

Relevancy 64.07%

Evening ladies and gents The issue Issues XP opening freshly installed with applications on I am having is a friend asked me to assist with his computer that appeared to have a virus of some sort applications were running poorly or not opening at all I informed him since he had his XP disk that I would just start from scratch for him Once the computer starts up there is a long period of time to wait when an application is opened or used i Issues with opening applications on freshly installed XP e control pannel comes up quickly but accessing system to get into device manager takes about minutes to open I have now noticed this happens when using other applications such Issues with opening applications on freshly installed XP as installing drivers and updating windows through windows update it took hours for the validation software from windows to install onto the computer I know I do not have a harddrive issue since I have tryed it in another PC but I don't have a spare ram processor or motherboard to zero down the issue Just looking for advice on what you all may think the problem is I am convinced that it is a hardware issue but I am getting rather stumped The computer is a Toshiba Satellite L - laptop with a celeron processor GB ram GB harddrive running XP SP Thank you for your time and help Kyle

A:Issues with opening applications on freshly installed XP

Hello Kyle

It sounds like a hard drive problem to me. How did you check it in another machine?

I would run chkdsk
Start/Run and type in
cmd

At the command prompt type
chkdsk /r (there is a space before /)
Enter
Reboot.

You can also run chkdsk from rhe XP installation CD if it would be easier
Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
chkdsk /r (there is a space before /)
Enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-with-opening-applications-on-freshly-installed-xp-335523.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey i have already posted this issue on other freshly 64 win7 machine new BSOD -> installed forums its been days and no proper advise solution yet my pc consists of the following processor intel k motherboard gigabyte z x-ud h gfx card asus ti gtx memory gskill ares x gb mhz psu corsair tx w ssd primary running win crucial m gb hdd wd caviar black tb from day one im experiencing a bsod twice BSOD -> new machine freshly installed win7 64 a day and its been more than a week already two types on msges occour on the bsod's heres the log taken out of quot whocrashed quot On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module iusb xhc sys iusb xhc x FD Bugcheck code xD x C x x xFFFFF A D Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system drivers iusb xhc sys product USB Device Driver company Intel Corporation description Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver iusb xhc sys Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Intel Corporation Google query iusb xhc sys Intel Corporation DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x F C Bugcheck code xD x C x x xFFFFF A D Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time i made sure to install all latest drivers for all releavent hardware gfx bios usb controller etc i had someone on sevenforums com look at PERFMON and the dump collection output he concluded the problem might be caused by my virus ti usb synthisizer someone on tomshardware recommended running memtest it passed cycles with no faults if any of you could end my misery and look at the attachments provided perfmon dump output id be very very grateful

A:BSOD -> new machine freshly installed win7 64

Hello nuclearz0r and welcome to TSF!

Many of the dumps attached are D1: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bugchecks and are pointing to the driver culprit iusb3xhc.sys (Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver).

Update this driver here.

dtsoftbus01.sys is listed in your loaded modules list, this is the Daemon Tools driver. I recommend fully uninstalling Daemon Tools as it's a very popular cause of BSOD's. Optional visualization programs are: PowerISO, ImgBurn, etc.

GVTDrv64.sys is listed in your loaded modules list, this is the Gigabyte Easy Tune 6 driver. Rather than updating this driver, I recommend fully uninstalling this utility as well as any other motherboard utilities from your system as they are known to cause issues.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-new-machine-freshly-installed-win7-64-a-655208.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, i'm having 10 min intervall BDOS's after reinstalling my Windows 7 Ultimate, retailer bought

My hardware is about a year old, the OS installation just under 1-2 hours old.

Hopefully someone will have the time knowledge required to help me sort this out, meanwhile i'll try windows updates and high hopes for a response

Perfmon and jcgriff2 are in the same archive, attached to this post

A:BSOD tcip.sys , 0x0000000D1 Freshly installed win7 x64

0x0000000D1 is the stop line code, to clairfy. but that surely shows in the dump-files as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234340-bsod-tcip-sys-0x0000000d1-freshly-installed-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello, I have had this problem ever since the summer. I would tell you the speeds I'm getting from testmy.net, but the page is still loading. It's been over 30 minutes.

Anyway, I have installed the drivers for the motherboard that came with the disc and such, and I still have no success. It is really annoying at this point, basically not being able to use my computer.

Any advice for what I should do? I'm connected via ethernet, I will have to get my wireless adapter back from my friend to test that out.

Relevancy 62.78%

I just installed windows last night without any software on it but all the drives it takes about 30 seconds from putting in my password. I have nothing what so ever running in startup so I'm a bit confused. I'm using Crucial brand new SSD and 16gigs of G.Skill ram and both are working fine. Any idea? I didn't update windows.

A:Freshly installed OS win7 64bit taking 30 seconds at Welcome screen

Really doesn't make sense that you have that much RAM and SSD and it's that slow. My 2GB RAM laptop without an SSD boots in about 5 seconds from welcome screen. Try installing updates and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237718-freshly-installed-os-win7-64bit-taking-30-seconds-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Dear Friends in Seven forums I recently installed Windows different versions of it home - professional - enterprise However I encounter this problem no matter which version is installed I cannot run exe files or any other 7 (all) files freshly running - build win problems installed with 7601 type of file each time that I run a program an freshly installed win 7 build 7601 - problems with running files (all) error pops up like this screen capture jpeg that I have attached to this tread thank god paint was working this is when I have not even installed any of drivers before I thought maybe the drivers installations mess up with my system but apparently not before this When I was running the drivers installation CD it was OK with installing the majority of drivers but as soon as I wanted to instal something from usb or the first time that I opened the IE I encountered this type of problem and the windows explorer automatically restarts it self please help me as I'm desperate and I need my computer working asap thank you very much Al

A:freshly installed win 7 build 7601 - problems with running files (all)

Quote: Originally Posted by arkcamon

I recently installed Windows 7 different versions of it home - professional - enterprise.

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278743-freshly-installed-win-7-build-7601-problems-running-files-all.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hey,
i'm in the process of sourcing out parts for a new PC. I'm wondering two things:
a) What should i install? Windows 7 or Mac OS X?
b) on that idea, which video editor would provide better performance? Adobe PPro (Premiere Pro) or Apple's own Final Cut Pro?

thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-editing-program-for-a-freshly-built-pc.886210/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, I would be grateful if anyone can help with this query.

On 1 June 2013 I took my pc back to Factory Settings and did a clean install of Windows installing all the relevant important updates for Vista. My pc is now up-to-date but one thing puzzles me. My list of installed updates lists a significant number of updates installed in 2008. (Two installed on 21/01/2008 and 39 from 21/10/2008). I would have expected that all updates listed would have an installation date on or after 1 June 2013.

I would be grateful if someone could explain this for me.

A:Why do my installed updates list updates installed prior to date of clean install

Welcome
One important question, when did you buy the computer?
Was it after the installation date that shows, now?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/300809-why-do-my-installed-updates-list-updates-installed-prior-date-clean-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I just formatted my hard drive and did a clean re-install of Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron laptop It came with Vista pre-installed when I purchased it and I used the disc that came with the laptop to do the re-install I haven t installed any programs or downloaded anything but I have been trying to install all of the updates that the computer needs I have been using the quot Windows Update quot feature from the start menu as everything I have read online says this the best to way acquire the necessary Vista updates However hardly any of my update attempts have gone smoothly I ve done like maybe or separate cycles of allowing the Windows Update program to download and install the updates it found for me and then restart my computer As it is restarting it says quot configuring updates quot and then it shuts down and tries to my Updates on and Solved: aren't laptop, working Freshly Vista Reinstalled reboot But almost every single time an error occurs during the restart and it says something like quot Windows failed to start quot Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working It then goes through a repair process and eventually windows will start this happened exactly same way every time except for once I think During the first few update cycles I went through most of or all of the updates would somehow be successfully installed after the failed restart Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working and then repair process occurred I checked this with the quot update history quot on the Windows Update program However the past times or so either the large majority of or all of the updates would have a failed status after going through the exact same failure to restart and then repair process My warranty is expired so Dell won t help me unless I pay and Microsoft said they could only help me if I forked over So now I am hoping there are some kind knowledgeable folks in these online forums I am rather computer literate and I have tried to search online for a solution but haven t found anything yet My system is a Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working Dell Inspiron with -bit Windows Vista operating system I m not sure what other details are relevant for this question but ask me and I ll find out Thanks so much for any help It is much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Freshly Reinstalled Vista on my laptop, and Updates aren't working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-freshly-reinstalled-vista-on-my-laptop-and-updates-arent-working.780656/
Relevancy 60.63%

Until the October 2014 updates I would always receive a sytray notice of which updates had been installed. To clarify, after new Windows Updates were installed and with or without a reboot of the system, I would receive a systray notification that new updates had been installed and upon clicking that notification a window would open and show the updates that had been installed and success or failure status.

I no longer receive that notification. This was true for the October and November patch Tuesday updates. I can open Windows Update and select View Update History and see that the updates were installed but the systray notification only showed the latest installation history and was more convenient that having to open Windows Update to view the update history.

Anyone have any idea as to what caused the systray notification to stop working after updates were installed? OS is Win 7 Home Premium SP 1.

TIA for any replies.

A:No systray notice of installed updates after Windows Updates

Should I post this in the Windows 7 General Discussion forum? Doesn't seem to be much response here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352350-no-systray-notice-installed-updates-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi,
I came across an issue that I find confusing. Whilst trying to install a software to run a mobile USB flash modem, the software pops this message:

your current device installation settings is configured to prefer drivers from Windows Update over locally installed
drivers. This can cause Unlimited data Manager not to work correctly.

do you want to change the settings to prefer locally installed drivers over Windows Update?

What does it imply if I change my settings to prefer locally installed drivers over windows update drivers?
And can this action be undone and where/how? (I searched my machine but didn't find where this option is)

Thank you for reading

A:Device Installation Settings, windows update drivers VS locally installed drivers

Control Panel (icon view)>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Installation Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-installation-settings-windows-update-drivers-vs-locally-installed-drivers.924755/
Relevancy 59.34%

Greetings This is a general question for a fresh install of Windows on a computer Let's say we just completed the installation and we open up Device Manager we haven't used Windows Update yet Device Manager shows us that there are - let's say quot quot - devices that do not have drivers installed for them If we visit the computer manufacturers website though they'll have - let's say quot quot Windows Installed OEM - General Website Drivers Question Vs Drivers - different drivers to download If we only install the quot quot drivers for the devices that Windows couldn't find drivers for are we hurting our computing performance by not installing the other quot quot drivers that were available on the manufacturers website This is just good to know in general because I've faced this situation with every install of Windows since I began computing General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers with Windows But the reason I'm asking now is because the nincompoops at Acer - despite me entering my serial number - still offer me every possible driver for my model including drivers for hardware that's not in my computer Windows - of course - can't identify the hardware so I'm ready to rip out the last little bit of hair on my head Thanks

A:General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers

Some manufacturers offer an utility that helps you identify what stuff you have in the laptop, I think Acer did.
You can also try the hardware-detection program this forum has, this tutorial

Also check the driver version, as some manufacturer list multiple driver versions and you only need the latest (usually, otherwise take the last version that works).

Also, installers of these drivers usually look up the hardware IDs of the hardware and if they don't detect anything that could benefit from them will abort installation. Some instead install anyway and you will have some drivers you won't need, but won't cause any issue as again Win7 knows that they don't match any hardware ID, and will leave them alone.

So, you may have noticed that I am talking of Hardware IDs, that are basically each device's own "calling card" integrated in each device, you can identify the hardware by looking up its hardware ID and then searching it on Google to convert that code into a human-readable device model and brand.

Open device manager, right-click on an unknown device, click on "properties", then go in the "details" tab of its properties panel from Device Manager, click on the drop-down menu and select "Hardware IDs". right-click on the codes you get on the text panel below it and select copy, then search the code on Google to identify the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/294054-general-question-windows-installed-drivers-vs-oem-website-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.91%

win 8, 64 bit PC
Brother(company) thinks Windows updates or Av program updates can corrupt Printer/scanner drivers - i have to reinstall entire program after the company tired to fix problem to no avail when printer/scanner stopped scanning... does that sound possible ? thanks so much !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70256-windows-updates-av-updates-corrupt-printer-drivers.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello All,

I was referred here by NeonFx from the TechGuy Security forum. He had me run a slew of anti-virus/anti-spyware diagnostics. According to NeonFx my system is currently infection free and he states the problem lies elsewhere.

He also had me run the Windows Update FixIt tool in both Default and Aggressive mode - both of which did not fix the problem. So what is the problem??

PROBLEM:

When I run the install Windows updates, the updates do not install, and I receive the following message (not verbatim, but close):

"Some updates were unable to be installed..."

This problem "came out of no where" and there has been no suspicious activity prior to it starting other than an IE7 redirect rootkit that NeonFx helped me remove (if I recall correctly an infection of agp440)...

Stumped, stumped and stumped...

A:Problem Installing Windows Updates: "Some Updates Were Unable to be Installed"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-windows-updates-some-updates-were-unable-to-be-installed.924046/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ive just formatted my hd and reinstalled windows 7 ultimate 32bit onto it. This went on fine with no problems. however, when i went on the net i initially found that i couldnt download the adobe flash player as it comes up with "actionlist not found". Also when viewing websites it keeps saying "certificate error" meaning im having to click "show blocked content" on every site i visit! The smart screen filter says its temporarily unavailiable but has been for several days now and not chamnged. And finally, i went into the updates section, tried to search for new updates as i thought this may be the problem, and it come up with "Errors found Code 80072F8F"

Is there something within the install i have missed? or done wrong? Hoping someone can help! Jstguk

A:Installed windows 7 and cant get updates??

Make sure you have installed all the SYSTEM drivers, Video, Sound, Chipset and the like, then do Windows Update as sometime you need them for IE to work correctly. Or try a different web broswer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/253165-installed-windows-7-cant-get-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Then why does Windows Update keep failing? Automatic updates have failed for at least a week now (no I did not install software so don't ask). When I try to manually install updates, this is the message I get:

"Update for Windows (KB977074) is already installed on this computer"

The following updates are listed in Windows Update as "failed" and/or "pending"
978332/978331 (I assume I only need 332)

All of these updates show the same behavior when I try to install them, and Windows Automatic Updates has had no success in installing them either.

A:Windows Updates already installed?

Click on "Fix it" How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62312-windows-updates-already-installed.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3758 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator HD, 1751 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 294742 MB, Free - 133700 MB;
Motherboard: Sony Corporation, VAIO, N/A, C6052Q8U
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

A:windows 7 updates were not installed

The error code #'s were8007045D

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-updates-were-not-installed.1008299/
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows Update recorded 25 updates today. I selected Install but got the message above. They have not been installed (not needed) but remain as scheduled updates in Windows Update. Is this normal operation or is there a problem I need to sort out?

A:Windows Updates Installed or Not?

Haven't seen that before. Did you reboot the computer and look in View Update History if any of those were definitely installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/56990-windows-updates-installed-not.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a problem with a video driver that wants to be installed, but when it's installed the system becomes unstable (it can hang or automatically restart). This is a long standing problem on certain ASUS notebooks with certain NVIDIA display adapters. The driver is for the NVIDIA GeForce 9650M GT display adapter on an ASUS M70Vn with a 64-bit architecture. I am currently using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, which provides a stable environment and works good enough for my purposes. How can I prevent the NVIDIA driver from being installed with the Windows updates? In earlier versions of Windows (for example, Windows 7), you could select which updates to install by putting a checkmark in front of the updates you wanted installed. Not so with Windows 10. All you get is a list of updates that are available and a click-box that says "Install now". I'm running Windows 10 version 1511 (OS Build 10586.0).

A:How do you select which Windows 10 updates to be installed?

Hello mvaugeri, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm afraid that there's not an option to select which updates to install by default in Windows 10.

If you like, you should be able to uninstall and hide the update though.

Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39633-how-do-you-select-windows-10-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When I restart my computer I get the notification that "Windows Has Installed New Updates. Your Computer was Restarted to Finish Installing Updates".

AFAICT the only updates installed in the last two plus weeks have been MSE definition updates. The last real updates were installed on 11 April. Even though I do not restart my computer often I am sure this only started recently. It has done it for four restarts in the last 24 hours.

Any thoughts? Does this indicate a problem with WU or any previoulsy installed updates which all seem to be reported as succesful?

A:Windows Installed New Updates...but it didn't

Apart from a few updates at the usual time, there has also been a windows live update and an MSE version 5, which would be downloaded as an update.
Just as a check, change the way updates are handled by setting to just notify you but not download or install. At least then we know it's nothing just arrived.
If it continues we'll have to look further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/227295-windows-installed-new-updates-but-didnt.html
Relevancy 54.61%

The title says it all. Using HP pavilion dm4. I searched online for about 2 hours and tried a few solutions, including system restores, disabling and enabling the intel r display audio and idt high def codec, uninstalling and reinstalling both of those drivers, uninstalling windows updates, and probably some other stuff.

If you need any info to help me, just tell me how to get to it, I'm not too computer savvy.
Please. Help. I need music.
Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installed-windows-updates-no-more-sound.1014090/
Relevancy 54.61%

My web cam on Dell XPS L501X stopped working after installing windows 10 updates.Tried all the steps can any one help with this one please.
When tried to access web cam via Skype it says "can't start video try closing programs that might be using your [email protected]

A:Web Cam not working after windows 10 updates were installed

sheshank45,
Did you recently install/reinstall/upgrade the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software (if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order
Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers and Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.
(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this YouTube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.
Try reading...
Using and Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central Version 1.40.05 .

Make a system restore point.
Start, control panel, device manager, Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign. Go to each USB Root Hub. Right click on it, left click uninstall.
Restart your computer. When you login, the new hardware wizard will reinstall everything. Please be patient, it could take up to 2 minutes.
Try the webcam and see if it works.

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19666684
Relevancy 54.61%

I have installed Windows 8 Pro (purchased last year- legal) on my laptop/notebook and tried to update. There were 145 updates, it took me hours yesterday to update. My laptop was running W7 Home Edition before. Everything seemed to go well with the actual W8 but to update to W8.1 I have to install the 145 updates first, but get a message stating 'Failure configuring updates. Reverting changes'. I have tried again today but the same thing happens.

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC 64bit
4g Hard Drive.

I have read a post regarding the Windows update Troubleshooting. As soon as my computer finishes reversing the updates I will try it out.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

A:Installed Windows 8 Pro and updates failing

Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

you can download and install windows 8.1 pro software and still use your windows 8 pro product key

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64533-installed-windows-8-pro-updates-failing.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I Installed some optional windows updates one of which was Logitech and after the updates were installed and it automatically restarted I got a DISK BOOT FAILURE windows updates now Installed boot - won't INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER Installed windows updates - won't boot now so I put the windows CD in and then as it was loading windows files it Errored out with Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer Status xc e This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing Now I have tried unplugging everything USB and even only had DVD drive and SSD plugged in and I still get the error However Bios sees both of my DVD drives my TB and my gb SSD just fine and I get into them and see Installed windows updates - won't boot now partitions with gparted and everything so I really doubt there is anything wrong with my drives especially since this happened IMMEDIATELY after restarting after windows updates what do I do from here

A:Installed windows updates - won't boot now

Hello, welcome to SF!

Try a system restore: System Restore

See if that solves the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/150186-installed-windows-updates-wont-boot-now.html
Relevancy 54.61%

i have 14 updates that have downloaded but did not install. i have tried looking for a way to manually download them but i am having no luck. what do i do?
these are the updates:
kb2722913 error code 80200011
kb2705219
kb2712808
kb2731847
kb2729094
kb2732487
kb2732500
kb8090830

kb2636927 error code 652

kb954430 error code 80090017
kb2641653
kb2665364
kb2667402
kb2639308

i am NOT tech savy... cant even figure out what the error codes mean...

A:windows 7 updates downloaded but not installed... how do i fix?

I haven't looked at the error code but you should be able to download all those patches from the Microsoft Download center. then you can apply them manually.

Microsoft Download Center

Enter the kb number in the search bar top left.

Hope that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252215-windows-7-updates-downloaded-but-not-installed-how-do-i-fix.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Help! Tried to do a search regarding this, but my older Mac is having problems with this Web site.

I have an old Dell Dimension 4400 using the Home version of XP. I believe I have the latest service pack for Windows. Was asked if I wanted to install Windows updates. I agreed to this. Windows tried to reboot, but only came up with the black screen, saying that it was unable to reboot. I have tried using "Last Known Configuration That Works," which didn't work. I can hear the drive repetitively whirring as if it's trying to do something. Thanks for any suggestions.
--Normandy

P.S. I did within the last couple of days install two free software programs. One is commonly used to read unreadable files (begins with "infr"). The other converts tif files to pdf.

A:Windows installed updates, now won't reboot

Well, problem solved and so far, so good. I used the Dell Installation CD. I put in the CD then, when I got the message "press any key to boot from CD," I did so. I did find that pressing "R" to repair XP's installation did not do anything other than call up a prompt. On the Dell Web site, I found a post that said to enter "CHKDSK /r." It took about 45 minutes, then I was able to boot normally, thank goodness

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installed-updates-now-wont-reboot-202489.html
Relevancy 54.61%

First off I want to say that this is a very nice forum. I have been reading through various posts for about for about a month now. I decided to register when my dad called me the other day about his computer updating. What happened was after doing an upgrade from Vista to 7 Ultimate at the very end of the upgrade where Windows does all necessary updates, it said that it was installing over 6000 updates. I thought it was kind of strange at this point but did not think much more once it completed. It only took it about 10 minutes. Well yesterday it said it was installing 6000 more updates. Everything works perfect but there is no way that his computer needed over 12000 updates in one month. Have any of you ever seen this. I searched the forum and multiple other places and came back with nothing. Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Windows 7 installed 6000 updates??

Welcome jdlord,
I don't have any answer for you but I have Never heard of that many updates on one computer.
I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone else has though.
I don't see how that could even be necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58573-windows-7-installed-6000-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My Windows Update keeps referring me to an 'Important' update that needs to be installed, but every time I try to install it it fails with the failure code 733F.
The actual file is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB948109)

Has anyone had this problem and please tell me how to repair it so I can download thi update.

Regards,

Swanee

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-some-updates-were-not-installed.749850/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just powered-on my machine on March 21, 2015.
Windows 8.1 took much longer to get me to a log on screen
because it was installing updates.

I logged on as admin and went to update history to see what
windows installed -- and the last update listed in update history
occurred on March 13, 2015.

What did windows install when I turned on my machine?

Strange?

A:Windows 8.1 just installed updates that are not listed

Which tab did you look under: View Update History or Installed Updates?

In my case, the former had an extra entry hardware related.

Also, unmentioned was how long the machine was turned off before today. It is probably irrelevant. Still ...

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63388-windows-8-1-just-installed-updates-not-listed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Have just reset my Windows 10 pc. I expected that the updates I had installed would be missing but I know find that items that were originally installed with the pc eg nvidia graphics driver /etc have all gone. Does this mean I have to install all the previous items that came with the pc or are they hidden somewhere else?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/installed-updates-have-gone-after-reset-windows-10-4607409/
Relevancy 54.61%

Guest OS ....... Win 8 RP
Host OS ......... Win 7

Since I don't use Win 8 RP regularly, I set the Windows Update to Auto.
Today I went and took a look at the Update History and found out there are 2 Windows Defender updates each installed twice.
Wonder if it is a bug or something else.

see screenshot :

t-4-2

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/7794-same-windows-defender-updates-installed-twice.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My friends and I have the same problem...I have Win 7 for about a year, and never had any problems with updates, until now..after all updates installed, the cpu will get really hot, cooler will work non stop, even if I'm doing nothing in windows, and computer will get really slow..sometimes even when I click on start, it will be very slowly displayed. My friends have a single core, and same problem...everything is fine until they install updates...then computer start to hang, and is really slow. Now I'm using Win 7 without any new installed updates, and everything is fine...what update is causing the problem ? Does anybody have similar experience ? I never had similar problems earlier, nor with Win 7, nor with Vista and so on...

A:Windows 7 slowdown after new updates installed

Install the updates one at at time to determine the culprit. If the problem one is not important, just, uninstall and then hide it, do not install again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/92843-windows-7-slowdown-after-new-updates-installed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I have a potential question - yesterday night my Win x Home Premium installed new updates they were installed after shut down one after another after going to system shut down After that today morning I went to BIOS after turning on because I wanted to confirm my settings are default there besides RAM set to mhz and after looking there i exited BIOS to Going Windows updates? after installed via quot discard changes and exit quot did not change anything at all just want to see what are things set to be sure Next on the screen WINDOWS STARTING i had some path like Registry machine etc something like that then system rebooted and ended installing updates as usual saw this before after updates were installed Now onto my question - could potentially something might go wrong because of me going to BIOS on the next PC launch I know that BIOS is not related to system and general HDD content but this was first time I had situation like this so can you confirm - is going to BIOS like this after Win had installed updates with shutting Going to BIOS after Windows installed updates? down and after next boot go first to BIOS UEFI actually and then booting system and finishing update procedure is safe

A:Going to BIOS after Windows installed updates?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
First of all windows does not shut down to install updates it restarts or boots,
Interrupting that process is not a good idea,
Cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/358491-going-bios-after-windows-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been having some strange issues related to the big update that are installed available updates shows Windows was released yesterday specifically the one labeled as KB Windows shows installed updates are available in Windows Update When I went to download the update the progress indicator froze at quot Complete quot When I went to shut down last night it actually installed that update apparently it did download even though Windows Update thinks it didn't When I booted back up this morning Windows Update was Windows shows installed updates are available showing that same update as being available even though it's already listed in the Installed Updates section After trying various methods to get it to work properly renaming the SoftwareDistribution directory via admin-level Command Prompt uninstalling and attempting to reinstall the update both via Windows Update and the manual packages I'm now at the point where I was before except that Windows is now showing a second already-installed update as being available as well KB How do I resolve this issue I don't want to hide the updates as I'm afraid that might affect future updates since most updates released after a Service Pack are typically dependent on having it installed to begin with

A:Windows shows installed updates are available

I've avoided installing this update. I'm afraid it will mess up my computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44159-windows-shows-installed-updates-available.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Have just reset my Windows 10 pc. I expected that the updates I had installed would be missing but I know find that items that were originally installed with the pc eg nvidia graphics driver /etc have all gone. Does this mean I have to install all the previous items that came with the pc or are they hidden somewhere else?

A:Installed updates have gone after reset Windows 10

You might have Windows old on your computer now you might be able to salvage some stuff from there.
Usually get it on file explorer. Open up boot C on the left hand side and windows old should be at the bottom of it.
Saying that I just got rid of W10 anniversary update and restored to a time before downloading it and there is no Windows old on my c drive. But worth a look.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/installed-updates-have-gone-after-reset-windows-10-4607409/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having trouble with Windows Updates installing successfully; been having this problem for weeks now and have tried several things to fix the problem but no luck what so ever. Everyday my computer says I have 7 new important updates to update. I have installed them all at once, individually, and individually from the direct website but they still keep popping up everyday. When I install them, the installation says it was successful with no error codes but evidently it's not successful if it comes up everyday. Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks.

A:The same Windows Updates keep popping up everyday even after I've installed them.

Welcome
This fortunately is very easy to solve. When you get the updates, right click on each and then click on hide. You will not see them, again.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/299377-same-windows-updates-keep-popping-up-everyday-even-after-ive-installed-them.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange.
I am assuming I would get more updates than these.
Running version 1511 build 10586

Is it because Win10 is too new ???

And I kept pressing the Check for Updates button and it said no more new updates.

A:Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

Run winver. If build is 10586.36 it is up to date.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36371-only-3-windows-updates-installed-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 54.18%

HELP! I've done so many system restores that I could do it in my sleep!! My computer automatically installs the Windows updates and each time it does, I have to do a restore to remove them because IE says "cannot display the webpage please check your internet connection". What is going on?? I hope something simple. Thanks!

A:Explorer won't work after Windows updates are installed

By any chance, do you have an Internet Security package installed... NIS, N360, KIS, MIS, etc.......??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-wont-work-after-windows-updates-are-installed-429302.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I ve had consistent problems installing KB I got no error messages doing the update Windows and KB2656351 installed? Belarcz: Is Updates but it kept reappearing in my list of WU Finally Windows Updates and Belarcz: Is KB2656351 installed? after running repair Fixit etc Windows showed the KB update to both the NET framework Client Profile and NET framework Extended successfully installed on March and both appear in the Windows Update list Update History and also in the list of Installed Updates as well as in Control Panel The update continued to appear for download installation however and I finally hid it Belarc indicates the KB has not been installed and lists the update as Critical rather than Important as WU does Is this update actually installed or do I need to take further action Thank you for any help with this conflicting information Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc C KJT Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows Updates and Belarcz: Is KB2656351 installed?

Hi.uninstall any .net 4 components,then read this guide to reistall.http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-updates-and-belarcz-is-kb2656351-installed.1093115/
Relevancy 54.18%

I installed all the updates last tuesday and two of them (while installed successfully ) keep popping up as needing to be installed.   This is happening when i run Secunia PSI as well .

The two are  Internet Explorer 11  updates 

KB3021952 and KB3032359 

Any ideas as to why ?

Thank you

A:Windows update shows two updates need to be installed but already are

Windows downloaded updates could be corrupted you can delete "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" directory which holds Windows updates cache. 
Close all running programs and save open files then open Command Prompt as a administrator type sc stop wuauserv  press Enter key. Type rd /s /q  C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution press Enter key. Type Shutdown /r /t 2 press Enter key to restart your computer and after login to Windows check and install updates if needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569752/windows-update-shows-two-updates-need-to-be-installed-but-already-are/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I installed a new windows 7 64-bit Ultimate and made updates but it installed 32-bit updates. This never happen to me before.

Here's my computer specs:

A:Windows Update installed 32-bit updates in a 64-bit system!

Hello Aleya, and welcome to Seven Forums.

That's normal since you have installed the 32-bit (x86) edition of Office instead of the 64-bit edition.

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348300-windows-update-installed-32-bit-updates-64-bit-system.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Saturday Dec I installed some automatic updates and now I am having problems I have Windows XP and OE Now if I click on a link in an email for example a new window does NOT open up taking me to the site whereas before the updates when Get No Automatic Now Installed 'windows'/screens Updates; New I clicked on a link it did take me to the site Second example when Ebay send me an email with things on my watch list before I would click on the item and a window would open up to the items page This does not happen anymore I can t even print cuz it requires another screen window to pop-up Its like I ve Installed Automatic Updates; Now Get No New 'windows'/screens got the BEST pop-up blocker in the world Every time I click on something that should open up to a site I get an error message and IE closes down asking me if I want to send the error message to Microsoft I have tried to System Restore to different dates amp times at least dozen times and it won t work Do I need to uninstall the last updates and if so how do I do that I ve been to the Microsoft website but again when I click on something that sounds right to help me I get an error message cuz it requires a new window to open A friend of my daugthter s told me to install Mozilla so at least now I can be on the internet I can t do that anymore from IE it won t open Can someone help me Give me some suggestions ideas etc Thanks

A:Installed Automatic Updates; Now Get No New 'windows'/screens

Do you have an antivirus/antispyware program on your PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76693/installed-automatic-updates;-now-get-no-new-windowsscreens/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been using Kerio firewall for a while now (on Windows XP), and with no problems. However, I've been noticing that every time I boot my computer, after five minutes or so the automatic updates icon appears in my system tray. Thought it was odd that this was happening every time and tried updating manually, but while my computer downloaded the updates okay, it couldn't seem to install them. It seems that for the last month I haven't downloaded any updates at all without realising, and I think Kerio might be blocking the updates. Any ideas how I can stop it, short of turning off the firewall?

Thanks.

A:Kerio blocking Windows updates from being installed?

Hi emmaW
When you install That kind of program it will read your pc and allow it to operate as you have it set or will give you the chance to set it If you remove your firewall with add & remove and reinstall it I would think that would cure it.
Goodluck
Rex.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kerio-blocking-windows-updates-from-being-installed.458957/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been running Delorme Topo 5.0 under Windows Vista 32-bit without any problems. Topo 5.0 some time ago was also running under Windows Vista x64. After a re-installation of Windows Vista x64 I put off installing Topo 5.0. Recently after a successful installation of Delorme Topo 5.0, when Topo 5.0 is exectured there is a Topo 5.0 window without any menus and maps.

Windows Vista x64 is updated with all the latest Microsoft updates.

I haven't been able to find any help on this problem from the Delorme Community.

It appears there's some sort of incompatibility with one or more of the more recent Windows Updates, but can't off-hand think of which one(s) would effect Topo 5.0 menuing. I believe the problem may also exist with later versions of Delorme Topo as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304761-windows-x64-latest-windows-updates-installed-delorme-topo-menus.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have reinstalled Windows XP Home edition onto my Dell Inspiron mini 10 notebook.
But some of the drivers for various devices are not installed.
They are also not available on the Dell DRIVERS AND UTILITIES CD provided.
I beleive this stops me from increasing the Display Screen resolution above 640 by 480 pixels because the scroll bar does not move.
I beleive these stop me from installing ther programs i.e. Belkin Wireless Router.

Please help

A:Windows xp drivers not installed

well what drivers are missing and manufacturer's name
you can go to their websites and download them from there

More info about your hardware would help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-drivers-not-installed-584113.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, thanks for reading my post.

I just formatted and reinstalled Windows XP home on my PC and have no idea what drivers I need to download to allow my computer to run well (Aside from my video card, I've got those ones)

Mostly I just need help since certain games won't run and I wonder if finding the correct drivers for my hardware will fix this : (Specifically, the game is Morrowind and it crashes as soon as I click "Play"), not sure about my other games.
Thanks very much and as always, any help is greatly appriciated.
Here are my system specifications :

Relevancy 53.75%

XPS13 with Windows 10.  See screen shot below.  Dell Support Assist program says the two driver updates are recommended.  clicking "install" it shows progress to install, then says installed, but on refresh or re-entry to the program it still shows them as needing to be installed.  No errors generated.  Other driver updates done the same way without issue.  Suggestions?

A:Dell SupportAssist - says driver updates are installed but still showing need to be installed after refresh?

Don't use Dell Support assist with windows 10. Windows 10 will install generic drivers if Dell doesn't have win 10 drivers. You should mention the full model name of the computer. Does Dell support your model for upgrading to win 10? If so, get the win 10 drivers from Dell Drivers and Downloads.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984727
Relevancy 53.32%

The event viewer shows a number of updates downloaded and installed.  But when I try to see them I cannot find them either in Settings (updates -  Advanced - view installed updates).  I cannot see them in Control Panel under installed updates  Any helpl re this matter will be gratefully acknowledged.  Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/event-viewer-shows-windows-updates-installed-but-not-seen-in/td-p/5698401
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all,

I am trying to uninstall IE10.  When I go to control panel, program and features, installed updates, the Microsoft Windows section does not show up.  The only sections I can see are Adobe Reader XI, Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (10),
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended (7), and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (36).  I have no idea why it isn't showing the Microsoft Windows section, but any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks,
Cgxbaffle
PS - I am an admin on the system.  I also took it off the domain and logged in as a local admin.  Same results.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/af45fff0-d2aa-4092-a213-e90f8fd0ebe9/microsoft-windows-section-is-not-showing-up-in-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

I am having a problem uninstalling some updates that were automatically installed by windows because the section that contains those updates in quot Installed Updates quot is just missing Normally you would go to Control Panel gt Uninstall a Program gt View Installed Updates section Windows Updates under missing Installed Microsoft then you would see a list trees with Microsoft Windows section missing under Installed Updates updates in each section The section for Microsoft Windows isn't there I'm not skipping over it it's just not there Example of not showing the section for Microsoft Windows Example of showing the section for Microsoft Windows I am running windows on a domain environment I am trying to uninstall IE update to revert back to IE this was previously installed Microsoft Windows section missing under Installed Updates My hunch is that this is a group policy setting somewhere but haven't found anything pertaining to this yet nbsp I am one of two admins for the company This is actually happening to all the computers that I've checked so I assume it's a systemic problem I have been working on a new pc today that I needed to create an image for and noticed it isn't having the issue yet However a computer I recently imaged Tuesday is already having the problem I did gpupdate force on the new pc without the issue and it still is working fine I'm starting to wonder if it may be a side effect of using sysprep on the machine before putting it into service Once I'm done with this new pc image I will sysprep it and watch for any changes Any help is appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ff6dc67-b74a-4c6f-9d28-249f0acadf10/microsoft-windows-section-missing-under-installed-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

I had to install a new hard drive on my 4 year old Gateway FX6831 desktop computer. I used the recovery disks that I created when I bought the computer to install Windows 7 to the new drive. Everything appeared to be working fine but when I tried to download a Verizon online and back-up sharing program, a message came up that I had to install net.framework. When I tried to do that, it failed which led me to look at the automatic update selection. I am not able to get any windows updates. It shows that my windows version is genuine and I have the product key from the side of my computer. Do I need to start over and use the recovery disks again to start fresh? I've spent two weeks trying to figure this out. Thanks for any advice!

A:New Hard Drive Installed, No Windows 7 Updates Working

Microsoft has a tool that can automatically troubleshoot windows update & fix any problems it finds. Here's a link to it. http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-update-issues

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-hard-drive-installed-no-windows-7-updates-working.1134265/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have just reloaded Windows 7 and set up WinMail, after Windows updated 100+ files WinMail now doesnot work, does anybody have any ideas

A:WinMail stopped working after windows installed updates

Hello Paul and welcome to Seven Forums.

I'm guessing you're talking about Windows Live Mail. It's possible that when you installed WLM something corrupted the installation. It's also possible that one or more of the 100+ Windows Updates failed to install correctly and had an effect on WLM. If you had the updates install automatically it will be difficult if not impossible to figure out which one(s) might be the problem. You may not like the suggestion I'm about to offer.

First, you could uninstall Windows Live Mail, reboot, then try reinstalling to see if the problem is corrected.

How to remove and reinstall Windows Live Essentials

If that doesn't correct the problem I'd uninstall all of the Windows Updates.

Remove an update

Then I'd install maybe 10 at a time, keeping track of which 10 updates you're installing by making note of the KB number. Use the computer for a while to see if there are any problems. If all works as it should, install 10 more updates. If a problem occurs, you'll know exactly which 10 updates might be causing the issue. Uninstall those 10 updates and reinstall just one at a time. Run the computer for a while, if no problems, install next update. Either all 10 will install correctly or you'll find the problem update(s).

If still no joy you could try running the System Update Readiness Tool.

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/219787-winmail-stopped-working-after-windows-installed-updates.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey all,

I posted a thread 5 days ago and now it has been deleted after I checked for any updates. I followed all rules so I am not sure why it was deleted, as I am just seeking help as others are.

I have a laptop about 2 weeks old. After running a string of windows updates, my machine now blue screens every single time the machine is shut down. I sought help from Dell, but the service was barely what I can consider help, so I have come here for some assistance.

Anything will be appreciated,
Thanks

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8009A79B30
BCP3: FFFFFA8009A79E10
BCP4: FFFFF800031CB270
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:BSOD on every shutdown after windows updates installed, F4 error

There wasn't too much to go on in the dump. if you think it was a Windows Update, try to restore to a point just before the update. System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351797-bsod-every-shutdown-after-windows-updates-installed-f4-error.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all I am hoping somebody can help me with this issue as I have never had problems with my Acer Aspire V - laptop before running Windows - it has always ran perfectly if login?! black screen Installed - now after Updates Windows a little noisy with the fan Anyway yesterday I saw I had a bunch of Windows Updates to install probably from Update Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! Tuesday or whatever they call Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! it Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?! They were some Windows security updates and the anti-spyware checker for October from what I recall I installed them and restarted my laptop when asked The reboot took longer than usual and was sat on the Windows loading screen for a long time Then the lock screen picture came up and I typed in my password as usual After thinking about it for a while Windows then decides to just show me a black screen - I can control-alt-del to Task Manager but couldn't see anything untoward happening in there - no excessive CPU usage and also ending Explorer exe and re-loading it did nothing to fix the issue I restarted thinking it was a one-off thing but it happened again - black screen after my password I was able to run Control Panel from Task Manager and uninstall the Windows Updates I had just installed but this did nothing and still I had the black screen It was then I noticed that if I leave it long enough Windows does sure enough get to the Desktop but this is far from ideal as it takes about minutes I Googled the issue as I have heard about a black screen after login problem before but there are so many differing answers it is hard to know where to start - I have tried SFC SCANNOW which did nothing I am now running a Windows Defender scan but it seems to be taking forever I also first thought quot System restore quot - as I was aware that Windows always creates restore points before installing Windows Updates But on checking in there for some reason my last restore point was months ago The laptop does seem to be acting up slightly once it has started and got to the desktop since this issue began - for instance right now my task bar is at the bottom of the screen but completely blank - nothing on it - no Start button no running apps and no system tray I can't say for definite that it was those Windows Updates that caused this issue but seems too much to be coincidence I really don't know where to begin I am at the end of my tether What could be causing this previously reliable laptop to start acting up like this Thanks for any replies

A:Installed Windows Updates - now black screen after login?!

same here with the Windows 10 update, same day. Next day, my laptop stalled on black screen instead of loading in a minute, like normal. I had to press power button down until shut down. Start up again, which went fine but slowly. Then Windows Modules Installer worked in background to finish install and I'm back to normal.

System Restore should make one if there has been none created in last 7 days. Be sure you have system restore turned on (see this tutorial - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8 ) or make one yourself every so often, quickly and easily, by using Brink's tutorial to add to context menu (Restore Point - Add "Create Restore Point" to Context Menu in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums ). I create my own every couple days or before any app install. Good Luck resolving.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71651-installed-windows-updates-now-black-screen-after-login.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay so I was installing the Windows Ultimate updates for my grandfather's laptop Now lemme just say that the laptop is old and the casing clearly says quot Designed for Windows XP quot and he had told me that it was messed up and he got it fixed so I'm guessing that whomever fixed it put Windows on it So last night I booted it up to continue doing research on something else I was doing for him and it took about an hour to Window Windows 7 No Updates, Genuine? Installed longer boot up because it was configuring something I think it said it was the service pack Before that though earlier in the day I actually downloaded two programs that would allow me to use the laptop as a WiFi access point Once it finally booted up last Installed Window Updates, Windows 7 No longer Genuine? night it said that the copy wasn't genuine quot Windows Build is not geniune quot is in the bottom corner of the desktop now I was looking up the other threads and decided to finally register and make a thread myself as I wanted to see if I could get a specific instruction on how to fix this Installed Window Updates, Windows 7 No longer Genuine? or if this really is a counterfeit copy So here's info I'm sure some of you will ask for Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c ab Windows Product Key - -GJY -VJBQ -HYRR Windows Product Key Hash W nm F UPXrCkY xUhXb g Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID CEC A - B- F- CB -F D D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CEC A - B- F- CB -F D D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HYRR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F EE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt In... Read more

A:Installed Window Updates, Windows 7 No longer Genuine?

Code:
<SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Inspiron 1501 </Model></SYSTEM>
Windows Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
SLIC ACRSYS ACRPRDCT
Unfortunately, it is a counterfeit installation of Windows - its a DELL laptop with an ACER OEM installation of Windows. That can never happen.

The only solution is to purchase a genuine version of Windows and reinstall it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/329568-installed-window-updates-windows-7-no-longer-genuine.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this problem but this problem has almost made my crazy My PC configuration ausu p z -v pro Missing installed after in CI.dll file were fresh 7 updates windows i - k OCZ vector Gb as system Missing CI.dll file after updates were installed in fresh windows 7 drive G Skill GHz G RAM Bios updated to latest version The problem is Just after the fresh installation everything seems to be fine wondows boot without any problem Then it reminds me to install over updates including os security updates net updates etc After installed the updates restarted I encountered this ci dll missing problem I m not able to boot into the system Things I have tried Reinstall I tried to install win win win ult win pro All failed the same way missing or corrupt ci dll Anti-virus I tried many different Anti-virus software didnt fiund any virus Hardware this is a month new system I suppose it should be fine Now I suspect that it is one of the updates causing the problem probably the net I really need some help with this I have reinstalled the system more than times over the past week thank you all

A:Missing CI.dll file after updates were installed in fresh windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by noobchaos

Hello all,
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this problem, but this problem has almost made my crazy.

My PC configuration: ausu p8z77-v pro, i5-3570k, OCZ vector 128Gb as system drive, G.Skill 1866GHz 8G RAM, Bios updated to latest version.

The problem is: Just after the fresh installation, everything seems to be fine, wondows boot without any problem. Then it reminds me to install over 100 updates, including os security updates, .net updates, etc.

After installed the updates, restarted, I encountered this ci.dll missing problem. I m not able to boot into the system.

Things I have tried: 1. Reinstall: I tried to install win 8, win 8.1, win 7 ult, win 7 pro. All failed the same way, missing or corrupt ci.dll.
2. Anti-virus: I tried many different Anti-virus software, didnt fiund any virus.
3. Hardware: this is a month new system. I suppose it should be fine.

Now I suspect that it is one of the updates causing the problem, probably the .net 4.0.

I really need some help with this, I have reinstalled the system more than 10 times over the past week.....

thank you all.

Have you "reinstalled" or "repair" installed? Big difference. If you have not truly "reinstalled", that would be a good starting point.

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296794-missing-ci-dll-file-after-updates-were-installed-fresh-windows-7-a.html