Windows Support Forum

Z240 POST Message disable?

Q: Z240 POST Message disable?

Hello, My company recently purchased some Z240 SFF workstations and put in aftermarket multi-media card readers in the 3.5" slot. The card reader uses the internal USB 3.0 header, so I had to unplug the USB 3.0 cable for the for the front usb ports in order to get it to work. The media card reader works just fine in Windows, however, I get a POST error message on startup: "Cable detection Error 41A- Front USB2 Not Connected. Front USB cable has been detached or unseatted from the motherboard. Press Enter to continue." Is there anyway to disable POST messages? I can't seem to find anything in the UEFI/BIOS to do this.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Z240 POST Message disable?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Z240 POST Message disable?

One of the HP engineers who has been very helpful to us here has recently posted on a related question, and he has access to the schematics and the internal design details of these workstations. His post is on this thread, HERE : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-USB3-0-Head... Dan tells how to jumper the header to make it believe the cable is still connected, and it would not matter whether you jumpered at the motherboard end or the far plug end, as long as you got the correct pins/plug holes jumpered. Note his caution.... that seems to suggest that the pins on the motherboard are not as stout as the ones we are used to seeing. A proper sized insulated wire jumper with a short segment of wire exposed at each end can be used as a jumper at the far plug end of a cable, rather than the little plastic jumpers we use at the motherboard pin end of thins. If you carefully figure out the wire colors this should work. The wiring of such headers/cables within a HP workstation family are usually the same, and things can stay the same from one generation to another, in my experience.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-POST-Message-disable/td-p/5761989
Relevancy 25.37%

My laptop supports two graphics card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and after a while the AMD got corrupted(I already updated it but I think it's hardware problem) and causes blue screen so I disabled it in safe mode(because it uses the intel one).

I tried a clean install of Windows 7 and during installation AMD causes blue screen because it gets enabled.

And now I want to try a clean install of the Windows 10. Question is, is there anyway I could disable the graphics card permanently?

I use a 64-bit Sony Vaio Laptop VPCSB26FG with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS. Thanks a lot!

A:How to permanently disable graphics card

The simple solution is to remove the failing card :grin:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-permanently-disable-graphics-card.217519/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently cloned my old 160gb hdd on to a new 1tb hdd, then proceeded to format my old hdd. After formating it had lost 128gb only showing 32gb. I have checked for partitions (unallocated) but none can be found. Even tried remapping mbr, with no result. Any help to recover my lost storage space would be great.

A:Lost hdd space post format

I'm running Windows 7 home premium BTW don't no if that info will help with a solution or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hdd-space-post-format.213789/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi everyone I really hope that the problem I m about to share is bound with the PSU but I d like to read your opinions Basically my PC turned off suddenly while it was running a game - I checked the LEDs on the motherboard and the quot CPU LED quot was red then I tried to reboot it but the same led was still on I started to red | CPU_LED Post Phenom 1090T X6 State II LED: think on the possible solutions so I left Phenom II X6 1090T | Post State LED: CPU_LED red the PC there for almost hours with the power supply disconnected When I came back to try the led was not red anymore but after like seconds the machine turned off again with the same red led on the quot CPU LED quot Since I couldn t use my PC I took the opportunity to refresh the thermal paste on the CPU and clean the inside from the dust Now I just tried to turn it on and again I could start the PC and enter the BIOS just to check temperatures and so on My AMD Phenom II X T was running at degree C so nothing wrong here but after like one minute the PC went off with the same quot CPU LED quot on Tomorrow I ll try to replace the PSU and see how it goes but what re your thoughts Many thanks lwrand nbsp

A:Phenom II X6 1090T | Post State LED: CPU_LED red

Hi. The first thing that came to mind as I read is the issue is with the power supply. How old is it, ,make and model, and did it come standard with the case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x6-1090t-post-state-led-cpu_led-red.213775/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,

I remote into my home PC from work using the Chrome Remote Desktop tool. It works well. The problem is the screen resolution. The monitor I use at work isn't the same as the one on my home PC. This causes the resolution to be a little blurry and images to be slightly small.

When I disabled my monitor completely at home, the resolution was clear and it worked well. I just unplugged the monitor from my PC. Is there a way to completely disable a monitors input without having to physically disconnect it from the PC? I've tried disabling it in the Device Manager and that didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Speck

A:Disable Display when remoted into a PC

HMM; every hacker would just love such a solution. Don't think this should be pursued.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-display-when-remoted-into-a-pc.207501/
Relevancy 20.21%

when i start my computer, it goes to the gateway start page, and after a while (it's quite slow) it goes to the black page, and this is what it says:

Intel Boot Agent FE v4.1.10
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

Intel Boot AGent PXE Base Code (BA 1210BC-GW1)
Copyright (C) 1997-2003 Intel Corporation

PXE-E61 media test failure check cable
PXE-M0F exiting Intel Boot Agent

Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media
in selected boot device.

it just stays on that screen until i do a CTRL ALT DEL, then it goes back to the Gareway screen and after about 30 seconds finally boots up and i get the Windows XP start up page, and it opens up my desktop and i can continue .

Can anyone tell me why this started happening and how to correct it?

A:Computer start up is bringing up boot agent message

How old is the computer, or the hard drive. It appears you have a failed or failing hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-start-up-is-bringing-up-boot-agent-message.150663/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello,
I am system integrator.
I have MSI MS-7142 Mother Board.
It has one start-up problem since long time. When first time switch on the POST routine did not perform. I mean PC does not get stated, after pressing reset button then only POST routine perform and PC get started normal then after.
Please help me urgently.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-ms-7142-post-problem.199513/
Relevancy 19.78%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 24.94%

I wanted to get more RAM for my older PC (CPU Q8400 on Asus P5P43TD PRO). The motherboards' specs say it works with 1600Mhz RAM so I bought 8GB of Kingston HyperX Blu (Kit 2x4GB), code KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX.

I already have the latest version of BIOS but it doesn't POST for the life of me (fans are working, black screen, no beeps). I tried inserting only one stick (tried all 4 slots). I tried both sticks in slots 1 and 3, both sticks in slots 2 and 4, still no luck.

When I put back my old RAM (2x2048 Kingston Value RAM) it works just fine. Everything in BIOS is set to AUTO. I tried increasing the RAM voltage to 1.65v as specified on the new sticks without success.

I'm sure the memory is fine but I just can't get it to work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

A:Asus P5P43TD PRO doesn't POST with new HyperX 1600 RAM

You may need a BIOS update. CPU and Memory compatibility updates are common BIOS updates. Before you give up on the RAM modules, try updating your BIOS.

ASUS Support For P5P43TD PRO

Caution though, follow the instruction carefully. The updating can not be interrupted once started. It only takes a few minutes to complete, but any interruption can brick the motherboard if it is not equipped with a backup BIOS.

I just recently bought a motherboard I thought was completely dead (same symptoms as your board, no post). I never suspected the motherboard wouldn't recognize my i7 CPU. The tech guy had me use an i3 to flash the BIOS. Low and behold the BIOS update worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5p43td-pro-doesnt-post-with-new-hyperx-1600-ram.197939/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey guys I ve recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC It s a GB quot drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got The drive works great BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying drive, hard boot new get message Installed on message every time I boot my machine It s some sort of copyright disclaimer It says the brand of the HDD Hitachi and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that It says copyright jmicron com and then quot Hit enter to continue quot The message is displayed maybe for seconds and it disappears on its own so no need to press enter Pressing enter will get rid of it faster So yes Installed new hard drive, get message on boot it s not an error but it s annoying and it adds to Installed new hard drive, get message on boot my boot time I m assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn t relevant nor is it the message but if it is let me know and I ll post that information I m not near my PC at the moment Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I Installed new hard drive, get message on boot could change to get rid of this Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM Mhz GB Samsung SSD Main drive additional HDDs GB GB and GB ATI Radeon HD GB W Power Supply W nbsp

A:Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive-get-message-on-boot.197890/
Relevancy 15.91%

Not sure if I'm in the right section

Just unpluged my m audio delta 2496 card to do some other repairs. After reconnecting and powering up I have no sound in Cubase ( In device setup selecting m audio delta driver I get the following Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta" Now even windows system sounds don't work. Have tried re-installing 2496 driver....no go. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A:Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta"

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-audio-engine-error-could-not-activate-asio-driver-m-audio-delta.197151/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all my brother has a pc at home that he didnt want anymore so he put it in some black bags and I was taking it to the charity shop so they could sell it but the bag split at top of stairs and pc went tumberling down when I looked at it all the metal brackets had come loose from where u can put cards in and the gpu card came out to I put it all back propaly had couple of errors that I sorted but power abit dodgy when switching on. but the main problem is message comes up in task bar saying usb not recognised after plugging anything in any of the ports checked device manager and nothing wrong in there please help ... only 2 was not working before but now none work.. thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-not-recognised-message-error.195740/
Relevancy 25.37%

I got my new Asus board yesterday, but there is a switch on it called GPU Boost, should I enable or disable it?

It was enabled by default but I turned it off.

Thanks

A:Asus GPU Boost - Enable or Disable?

Enable it if you play games and dont have a dedicated GPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-gpu-boost-enable-or-disable.195539/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey all Getting no replies on a few other forums and I see we have a few board-level repairmen on here So worth a try eh Schematics are here ftp helpedia com pub temp uploads ala borbe Toshiba Toshiba Satellite L D - INVENTEC PS A - A - REV X Sec pdf I have an L Powers no POST Isn t the NEC Tokin cap problem because this version of the board doesn t have one All voltages are present that I can see - checked every single test pad on it V S L300 readings POST - inc. multimeter + no Toshiba schematics V A V S V A V S etc etc are all working CPU SB NB and Winbond chip all warm up like they should Very strong sulfurous smell a bit like BO is coming Toshiba L300 no POST - schematics + multimeter readings inc. from the board around the v regs that are linked to the Winbond chip It s absolutely horrid around this area C different area of the board is slightly blackened but appears to be charging discharging okay and volts going through it are all fine C doesn t seem to be discharging in one direction - but it s in parallel with some resistors so maybe it s a false positive Some odd readings around the BIOS chip but I have yet to confirm Cheers nbsp

A:Toshiba L300 no POST - schematics + multimeter readings inc.

Sounds like hard drive is corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l300-no-post-schematics-multimeter-readings-inc.193087/
Relevancy 25.8%

Good evening,

Just finished building a new system and it doesn't seem to post. It starts up and runs for about 3-5 seconds and shuts down. System includes the following:

Case - Rosewill Challenger U3
PSU - Thermaltake TR2 700w
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965
Mobo - ASUS M5A97 EVO
RAM - G. Skill Ripjaw 16gb 4 x 4gb
HDD - Wd Caviar Black 1TB
VGA - Sapphire hd7850 2 gb ddr5
Optical drives - Lite-on 24x dvd, LG 24x dvd

To begin all green mobo lights are on. Push power button and system power up. All fans are running for about 3-5 seconds. Then red cpu led flashes and system immediately shuts down. Installed cpu correctly and used artic silver thermal paste before installing heatsink. It can't be overheating in that short a time. Could it be a DOA cpu?

A:New build won't post

Do you have the 8-pin cpu power hooked up?

I checked if it is a cpu / bios version compatibility issue, and you should be fine there. That cpu was compatible with the board's very first bios version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-post.192775/
Relevancy 25.8%

Dear All!
I want to enable and disable internet without using enable or disable network in lan network, I want program on and off? have any program?
thank with best regards

A:Enable and disable Internet

What? Is disabling the adaptor too hard? I'm sure there's something for this, but uh... really..?

Or do you want to disable Internet access and still have LAN access?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enable-and-disable-internet.191705/
Relevancy 24.94%

I ve had an old dell d laptop for less than a year Needed a reflow for the typical nvidia gpu issue I fixed the and motherboard CPU for prevails New and same POST D620 Dell no condition same thing in a hp pavillion tx with no problem but mine refused to give any display but the hdd and fan came on however the bootup lights came on but turned off after seconds I bought used refurbed cpu and motherboard and same condition prevails only now there s no hdd fan or any other activity Before anyone asks yes I m sure the cmos battery psu and cable and battery are okay I ve done all the fn and function key tests and the power button for a minute tests I ve seen many such complaints and advice but nothing worked I did see one mention that there is a button that the lid depresses New motherboard and CPU for Dell D620 and same no POST condition prevails when closed and that this may be stuck in the closed position but there was no description of where it could be located There was a mention of a magnetic strip that made the contact but I couldn t find that either Thanks in advance for any expert info nbsp

A:New motherboard and CPU for Dell D620 and same no POST condition prevails

If there is a lid closed switch it will be near one of the cover hinges. Will an external monitor show any image?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-and-cpu-for-dell-d620-and-same-no-post-condition-prevails.191518/
Relevancy 25.8%

At the weekend I installed an Asus P5W DH Deluxe after memory problems with P5Q Deluxe. I installed my 4Gb of Corsair RAM and it was showing 4Gb during POST. However, in the past 24hrs it is displaying 3.2Gb with the remaining 800Mb going towards 'Appropriated Memory'.

Why has this suddenly happened? I've never seen it happen on my other P5W DH mobo or the P5Q Deluxe.

Tom.

A:My RAM was showing 4GB in POST, now it shows 3.2GB?

Are you installing a 32-bit operating system?

A 32-bit operating system will not allow full use of your 4GB memory. If you want to use more than 3.2GB (give or take a few hundred MB), you will need a 64-bit operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-ram-was-showing-4gb-in-post-now-it-shows-3-2gb.190211/
Relevancy 24.94%

Please excuse my english...
my netbook display become stretch like in this picture :

and it can't get past the POST screen. I tried to remove the RAM and put it back again with no luck...

please give me solution for this....

A:Netbook display becomes stretched, can't get past POST

Can you re-post the picture?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-display-becomes-stretched-cant-get-past-post.187760/
Relevancy 26.23%

Building a computer for a friend and every time I got to the setup screen to install XP I could do nothing at all and legacy USB support enabled in BIOS and I tried many things and I read something about disabling ACPI in the BIOS and I tried that and it worked. What I don't understand is I had the exact same motherboard before and I never had to disable ACPI. What is the reason ACPI would be interfering with the install of XP or is there something more to this?

A:Disable ACPI

XP is an old Operating System and it was designed for use on much lesser hardware than is available today. I imagine that XP will install with ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) enabled on some motherboards/BIOS and not on others

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-acpi.187790/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys. I've been searching around for an answer to this problem, but have found nothing. I recently bought a USB mic, and I am having trouble using it. I installed the necessary drivers and when I went into the Recording Devices window the Realtek microphone was still functioning. I couldnt disable it. So I tried to update the drivers for the sound card, then the sound card stopped working entirely. I had to do a system restore to get my sound back. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. Help please!

A:Realtek HD cannot disable built-in microphone

If you want to disable your on-board sound you'll have to go into your motherboard BIOS and simply disable the device.

Ah you wanna disable just the mic. Hmm I don't think you can do that easily even from the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-cannot-disable-built-in-microphone.185886/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello all,
I hope someone can help me. When I turn on my ACER Aspire 5733 laptop, after putting in my password the screen turns white and the above message comes up and stays up not letting me do anything, even the curser doesnt move. It also says, What you can try, but gives me no options. I can turn off the laptop but when I try to use again the same thing happens. I have Windows 7 and am using Firefox.
Thanks for your help.

A:Message: Navigation to the webpage was canceled

Have you tried ,Booting into safe mode . If not try that and run a good spyware program. Such as Superantispyware or Malware antibites. Plus run your anti virus program. Sound like you might have a virus or some nasty spyware. If this is the case you might want to post in the Virus and Malware Thread. Some over their will help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/message-navigation-to-the-webpage-was-canceled.182612/
Relevancy 20.21%

So for many weeks, I had the blue screen startup loop problem. I finally managed to log in Somehow and reformatted my computer. Now I am receiving a hard drive failing message, and the internet says I should download crystal disk. I did so, and this is what it says

Would be grateful is someone could tell me how to solve this, or if I have to replace it =/

A:Windows 7 hard drive fail message

You'll have to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-hard-drive-fail-message.182416/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi, when I push the power button on my Asus k50ab all I can see
is a black screen and the power light on.
1. Windows doesn't start at all.
2. Even when I tried to start with my RAM removed it's the same, only black screen,
no sound, nothing.
3. I tried to shuffle my RAM around in any possible combination is the same.
4. I also tried to start with my HDD removed, its the same.
5. I tried (quite a lot) to remove the battery, unplug the cable then
press the power button for 60 seconds and then start without the battery,
but sadly no result. Even tried it with my lid in the lowest angle possible.
6. I also tried to plug a monitor to my laptop (I did also press Fn+F8 to change
displays), but still nothing.
If anyone has any idea whats going on I'll be very thankful.

A:Black screen, no POST, no BIOS

hi dont quote me on most as not qualified and sure someone will get to u soon but can u see anything faintly in the back ground as i had that prob and notice at certain angles if i looked close enough i could see .. it turned out to be my lcd cable if screen is totally black could be number of things like cable inverter backlight or actual screen .. sure a tech will see this soon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-no-post-no-bios.178816/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello, it is the first message I have gotten along with messages that say that failure is imminent. I am backing up the computer, but I need advice on how to fix it and it it is possible that the error will just "go away"

Thank you in advance!

A:First error message HM641JI on Sony VAIO

I thought I might give more info...it's a Sony vaio f series and the error is with the Samsung hm641ij and I haven't switched in the computer since lat night.i am using my phone. Thank you again for any help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-error-message-hm641ji-on-sony-vaio.176299/
Relevancy 26.23%

i want to disable some of the usb ports on each computer on my network,

since they(users) use flash drive and such on them i keep on have to clean them or even format over.....

so i want to disable the ports but the keyboard and mouse of each are usb so how can i........

A:Disable USB ports

Go to "Device Manager" and disable the usb hubs you don't want being used. You might have to switch to PS/2 Keyboards and Mice. If you are comfortable with changing your system registry you can try this.
http://www.geekinterview.com/talk/2428-how-to-enable-disable-usb-ports.html
Read about halfway down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-usb-ports.175921/
Relevancy 25.8%

I m pretty sure that s the problem anyway Here s the rundown Supermicro X SCM Mobo Intel Xeon New won't POST built computer E Sandy Bridge Server CPU W Rosewill PSU Corsair Vengeance -pin DDR RAM x GB I obviously have more components but even with these bare essentials it won t boot properly When I power it on all the fans start up and all the proper LEDs light up but there is no beep indicating that it passed the POST and there is no monitor signal sent from the onboard VGA I tried removing one memory stick and got the same response I then removed both just to see what it would do and it gave me New built computer won't POST the expected quot no memory quot beep code After looking closer at the memory specs and the motherboard manual I noticed something that didn t match up The motherboard only lists and as compatible memory speeds and the memory sticks run at Is that normally a problem I can provide any more information if necessary nbsp

A:New built computer won't POST

Server motherboard requires ECC memory, which I don't believe any of the Vengeance range is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-built-computer-wont-post.176417/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello all A few or POST fans display no work, system; and Homebuilt lights but weeks ago one of my friends and I decided to build a PC for my dad we both have minimal experience but my friend has built PCs before I ve helped others design PCs Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST but I ve never physically built one Anyway I checked everything out to make sure it s all compatible technically it should work but we Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST ve run into a few problems After connecting everything to the appropriate terminals and turning on the machine I noticed Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST that all of the fans including the CPU fan were in perfect working order the case LEDs hooked up to the mobo work fine and the mouse and keyboard light up when the PC is turned on However there is no response from the Disk Drive or Hard Drive and the monitor claims there is quot no incoming signal quot All of the hardware is brand new straight out of the box so I m not sure what the problem is Any suggestions are most welcome as I have four days to finish this thing Here are the specs There is no graphics card because my friend informed me that the particular CPU we picked out has HD graphics onboard meaning we wouldn t need a graphics card The monitor is rather old and has a D-Sub connector but it was working well last week and the mobo I picked out is compatible with D-Sub CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H M-DS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Disk Burner ASUS DVD CD Player Burner Tower NZXT Source Elite White Steel RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB Hard Drive II Seagate Barracuda GB Power Supply Corsair quot CX Builder Series quot nbsp

A:Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST

There is no onboard video on that board. Not sure why your friend told you that, cpu has nothing to do with it. You will need to add a graphics card to fix your problem. Here are the board specs.. If you can exchange the board for it's z68 counterpart (paired with your i3) you could than get onboard graphics and not need a GPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128527

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/homebuilt-system-fans-and-lights-work-but-no-display-or-post.175386/
Relevancy 21.07%

I just tried to get into my ISY99 which is a lighting control hrough my dyndns account. I got a 403 forbidden message. I have never seen this before and don't know how to fix it. Anyone care to help? Thanks.

A:403 forbidden message

Which browser did you try? Try IE or Chrome or Firefox.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/403-forbidden-message.173765/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi - I have a yellow warning indicator in my Devices and Printers folder next to my PC. The error message is:

Name - Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
Device Type - IEEE 1394 Bu host controllers
Device Status - This device cannot start (Code 10)

I am not exactly sure what this is affecting but I am unable to print for one, despite uninstalling and reinstalling the print drivers.

Anyone seen this type of issue before?

A:TI compliance host controller error message

What is the make and model of your printer. What type connection does it have? USB, Firewire or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ti-compliance-host-controller-error-message.172675/
Relevancy 20.64%

This is the message I keep getting on boot up. I was messing around in the bios before I was getting this message. I managed to reinstall Windows 7 and it is working fine. The hard drive is Sata. I may have plugged it into another sata port on the board. Anyone have a clue how I can fix this?

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, version UPSD Source 08-24-2007
Copyright (c0 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives**
Please wait. This will take few seconds.

Controller Bus#0 Device#1F, Function#2: 06 ports, 01 Devices
Port-01: No Device Connected
Port-02: No Device Connected
Port-03: No Device Connected
Port-04: No Device Connected
Port-05: No Device Connected
AHCI BIOS not installed

A:Getting AHCI BIOS not installed message

go into your bios and turn off AHCI mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-ahci-bios-not-installed-message.173476/
Relevancy 26.23%

Does anybody know a way to disable the +5v on standby for the asus M3N HT deluxe mempipe motherboard?

I have checked the bios, and searched for mobo jumpers with no luck.

The power outlet is hidden behind my tv so is a real pain to get to to switch off at the wall, And my external hd has a very annoying noise when its running at 3 am

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-5v-on-standby.172883/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi
Got me a Compaq !200 laptop and after the post completes the fan stops working and the laptop just gets hotter and hotter.
I recently put in a Intel celron running at 850 MHz the original was a Intel celron also but it ran at 633 mhz
Any help is appreciated Need any info just ask i was'nt sure what to provide

A:Compaq 1200 laptop fan stops after POST

You could have damaged the motherboard when you changed the CPU. Have you repaired laptops before? Have you tried resetting the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-1200-laptop-fan-stops-after-post.169692/
Relevancy 18.06%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am getting an error message saying "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I have run CHKDSK /r to try and repair any errors on the drive; cmd showed a report stating chkdsk has finished. But when I try to access the drive I still receive the same error report. Is there anything anyone out there can suggest that could help me with this problem?! Thank you so much in advance for you help!

A:Maxtor One Touch 4 error message!

chkdsk drive name: /f /r

Segate now owns Maxtor you can check their site for some Tools to use. But you might have a faulty HDD. Try that set of commands listed above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maxtor-one-touch-4-error-message.168131/
Relevancy 25.8%

System Intel D GCL mobo w on board graphics Intel Pentium D Dual Core one Gb stick Micron DDR MHz DIMM- mobo with support up to GB Okay straight to the point I am not getting a POST although everything is powering up i e POST - no build video, no First fans motherboard HDD and other peripherals The Monitor however is not being provided with a signal I have tried everything I can find online to get this to boot up and nothing has worked so far I have tried the setup in two separate towers and checked and triple checked all of my connections Still no luck When I remove my memory I get a three beep POST telling me my memory is not in properly and from my understanding that the mobo is not fried No POST when the memory is in I have cleared the CMOS and attempted BIOS recoveries with no avail I am at my wits end and I need to get this computer working This is my final hope Please Help Me P S I have just been offered the idea that my memory stick is not supported and that I should try two sticks of DDR Mb RAM I will let you know how this goes nbsp

A:First build - no video, no POST

Yes, I would try different RAM as well, and run them in dual channel (e.g. in pairs for best performance).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-no-video-no-post.168673/
Relevancy 25.8%

A buddy of mine built a new system the other day not too long ago And he decided to overclock the CPU specs below The problem Every time he starts the PC from the quot dead quot mode shut-down he gets a fan Unrecognizable POST overclock after POST error depicting quot CPU fan error press F to continue quot Although he simply press reset and then he s good to go no problems whatsoever But having this error popping up every time he starts the PC is very annoying for him and it costs him some seconds every time which ll add up in the long run Details Starting the PC from sleep-mode will not Unrecognizable fan POST after overclock cause this error The CPU fan is OK he can see it moving when he has Unrecognizable fan POST after overclock started the PC His PSU s power-coefficient is very high like W and it s a quot fancy quot model like those from Corsair Specs if insufficient let me know and I ll ask him for more specs Motherboard Asus Crosshair Formula IV CPU AMD Phenom X unknown model number CPU-fan Corsair H basic water-cooling fan rig Edit The CPU is not overclocked by much as per say possibly only a few hundred MHz btw nbsp

A:Unrecognizable fan POST after overclock

I've seen this in much older PC's without water cooling... Is the water cooling active? Can the fan "warning" be disabled in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unrecognizable-fan-post-after-overclock.163227/
Relevancy 25.37%

mobo:

asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A88TM/

asus m4a88t-m

memory:

hynix.com/datasheet/eng/module/details/module_20_HMT125R7TFR8C.jsp?menu1=01&menu2=01&menu3=01&menuNo=1&m=1&s=1

hynix hmt125r7tfr8c

the board does no beeps, but it features MemOK! and has a dram_led... the dram_led is blinking red continuously... this is the ecc memory and the said board is supposed to support ecc... i tried reinstalling / reseating the memory - same result... i'm going to buy some other memory, but what could be the problem here? any help is appreciated

A:Mobo + memory = POST failure

Assuming the board and system is powering up...
Have you tried resetting the board? Clearing CMOS ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-memory-post-failure.165575/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a feeling I know what the answer s gonna be but I ll ask anyway I recently purchased an HP laptop used from a guy off craigslist I know I know I just wanted something cheap that I could sit in bed and browse the web on It s an HP DV with an AMD Turion X CPU To make a long story short it s suddenly refusing to boot After I hit the power button the blue power light will light laptop HP even won't POST :( up and the fans start up but after seconds it turns off seconds later it ll do the same thing all over again It just keeps HP laptop won't even POST :( trying to boot like that until I pull the battery I ve also tried it without the battery and just running off AC power Nothing helps though Any ideas What should I start troubleshooting first I have a feeling it s just going to be something like quot the mobo s fried quot and I m SOL I only spent on it in the first place so I m not going to ship it off to HP Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HP laptop won't even POST :(

First thing I would do is test the hard drive, then hook the hard drive up to another PC and run a full virus scan with Malwarebytes. Please state the OS.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/
ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=enClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-wont-even-post.165602/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guys I ve had good luck here in the past so Im hoping to get some help again Here s myy story I recently bought an XFX Radeon from Provantage got the card and installed it in my system and No dice I get Fans powering up on it Radeon POST won't installing after HD System 6990 but does not go to post screen I Feel like I have it fully seated in the PCI slot both pin power connecters are attached I just can t System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990 figure it out I RMA d the card to XFX and they came back telling me it System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990 fully tested ok for them Now as I wait for it in the mail to return to me Im trying to diagnose what may keep it from working for me Like System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990 I said I feel like it was fully seated Both power connecters are attached I tried booting with out any usbs plugged up the system boots just fine with my gfx cards that i am replaceing x gt s system boots just fine with a single gt rest of system components are - AMD phenom Asus M N -D mobo just updated to latest bios tagen w Power supply gigs of ram x gig sticks single HD single dvd rom Windows vista bit any thoughts greatly appreciated nbsp

A:System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990

Have the XFX Radeon 6990 replaced under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-wont-post-after-installing-radeon-hd-6990.165171/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I have an oldish athlon 64 on an Asus M2V motherboard and have just upgraded to 4GB (2x2GB) at 800mhz.

For some reason, the BIOS and W7 says that there is only 3.25Gb although windows does say "4GB (3.25GB usable)". The manual and "Tech Specs" on Asus' website says that it can support up to 8GB so I don't understand why it isn't recognising it. Any ideas?

Also, it is Win7 64bit Pro.

Another also, the pc sometimes doesn't POST when restarting and just sits there with all the fans spinning, but after a few tries it POSTs and goes into w7 with no trouble. I did memtest on the ram and it errored with both sticks in one way but not the other and so I currently have them in the way that they are working.

Thanks for your time

A:Windows 7 reporting 3.25GB when got 4GB and sometimes doesn't POST

There is nothing wrong with the read out you are getting on your RAM as the missing amount will be in use by graphics or running processes.

Your boot problem is probably an early sign of a failing hard drive or RAM. Check your RAM configuration in the motherboard manual, there is often a right and wrong way to install the sticks.

The best test for the RAM is to run the PC with one stick at a time for several hours using memory intensive games or play a video. If errors occur the stick needs to be replaced.

Follow this guide to test your hard drive.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/
ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=enClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-reporting-3-25gb-when-got-4gb-and-sometimes-doesnt-post.164590/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi ive built my pc ages ago, but recently ive moved it into another room, and now it dosent work??!! All of the fans spin up, ,the mobo gets power because all of the light on it light up. Whats weird is that the GPU fan ramps up the goes steady, ramps up the goes steady over and over. Oh ye there is also no beep at all.like I said it worked yesterday perfectly but now..........not so much.
Thanks for all of your help
Nik11105

A:All fans spin up, everything working, no POST

Sounds as if something has moved in it's socket, as you moved it from room to room. Most likely the graphic card. I would power off, and lift out the graphic card and refit it. Check that, if no different, remove the RAM and refit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-fans-spin-up-everything-working-no-post.164146/
Relevancy 25.37%

I bought this mobo in Nov never installed it until sometime in Mar Mobo works perfectly with win ultimate and was always on until a couple of weeks later I noticed it would restart whether or not it is being used at the time and would work seamlessly thereafter then it starts to restart before POST is complete lost a hard-drive -Seagate ST AS- hard-drive could not be detected in another PC I put away the mobo until Feb when I needed a mobo for an emergency situation the mobo worked OK until a week or two ago when it started its routine again I removed dust from fan and heat-sink assembly mobo worked OK until yesterday it started to reboot before POST is complete Before cleaning the fan and heat-sink assembly in BIOS under HW monitor i saw the CPU temp went up to C before restarting after cleaning the temp hovered around C - C Now it s rebooting with the temp between C and C Oh BTW I live in the Tropics Jamaica my ambient temp is somewhere around C and C at this time of the year I have all the latest drivers for the board installed there are no other peripherals installed Any assistance will be greatly appreciated P S sorry for the long post just trying to get everything history in Thank You nbsp

A:Asrock G965M - S reboots during and after POST

The first thing I would test is the CMOS battery. If it is much lower than 2.5V replace it.

Does the hard drive that you are using have all the correct chipset drivers for the mobo installed on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-g965m-s-reboots-during-and-after-post.163957/
Relevancy 25.37%

Replacement components for a computer that does not post My desktop computer has been exhibiting unusual components that not a does Replacement POST computer for behavior over the pass week Unfortunately my pc does not always post when the power button is pressed Sometimes the computer turns on after several hours When Replacement components for a computer that does not POST the computer does not post I cannot hear the drives spin up or any posting process including beeps Unfortunately my time is limited for Replacement components for a computer that does not POST researching and troubleshooting the situation since this computer is down I have re-seated all the components inside the case yet do not have additional components to swap in and out The computer switch seems to work on the case When opening the case and pressing the power button CPU graphic card and case fans turn on The paperclip switch technique did not make the computer post either same effect as the power button Changing the motherboard battery made no difference My initial thoughts relates to the motherboard or video card since the power supply is less than months old Corsair TX W When the computer turns on it does not encounter any errors or hiccups and performs as expected My first inclination is to begin looking into replacement components yet I was not planning a major system upgrade So I humbly request suggestions on replacing my motherboard processor and video card My current system has processing power for most computing tasks except when doing heavy multi-tasking with streaming HD video My requirements for replacement components would revolve on a dual monitor setup moving large files file archiving and HD video decoding in a multi-tasking environment This rig does not serve as a gaming machine Value is a top priority for replacement components My budget will be between and AMD seems like the better value The Phenom II X T looks good with cores The motherboard and video card are not easy choices It has been years since my last system build and the technology has rapidly evolved The motherboard should have at least Sata connection most seem to have and on-board sound USB would be nice yet not essential The video card should be powerful enough for basic photo editing and viewing HD content I do have GB of OCZ PC ram from a previous hot deal yet it did not work under my current setup Below is a short list of potential candidates for replacement component and my current system I am hoping this thread would begin a discussion on the components that offer the best bang for the buck Any suggestions would help me avoid major disappointments with getting this system back online Update The computer has not turn on in several days it may be completely dead Replacement Components ----------------------------------- Phenom II X T Black Edition ASUS M A GTD PRO USB AM AMD GX SATA Gb s USB HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard XFX Radeon HD Video Card or something under Current System --------------------- Processor Athlon X GHz MB L Cache Socket Heatsink AMD Heatsink-Fan Thermalright XP- C w mm Fan Motherboard A N-SLI Deluxe Video Card XFX GeForce GT -MB PCI Express Power Supply Corsair TX- w Memory x GB Mhz PC DDR RAM PIN DIN Monitor Dual Dell Inch WA nbsp

A:Replacement components for a computer that does not POST

Take it to a respected computer repair shop, and find out exactly which component is failing. It might cost you $60 -$90, but will save you money in the long run.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-components-for-a-computer-that-does-not-post.162257/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have a WD quot Caviar Black quot GB installed in a Gigabyte H board as a quot volume quot Path quot G quot The drive is running under Windows in quot ACHI quot mode The drive is not being detected Available" Windows Not "Drive message: upon resume Windows message: "Drive Not Available" from S- possibly from boot also All that is necessary is to remove and replace the SATA connector cable and the drive responds hot plug The problem manifested itself once earlier and I replaced the SATA cable the drive then became operative and I thought the problem was resolved Apparently this is not so I m thinking that the drive is defective since I have no trouble with the system drive Seagate GB Barracuda SATA But since comparing the Windows drive with a volume drive might be an apples to oranges issue second opinions would be welcomed Edit I suppose that it also might be a bad SATA controller so which is more likely Edit Now I can t make it do it nbsp

A:Windows message: "Drive Not Available"

Are you running the latest BIOS and chipset drivers ?
I know Gigabyte boards do (or have had) various S3 resume issues- non detection of SATA optical drives (H55M-USB3 heading, first paragraph) as well as the continuous boot cycle issue that plagued P43/P45 boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-message-drive-not-available.150892/
Relevancy 25.37%

So i have an hp pavilion tx 2500 tablet with a ati hd 3200 graphics card
every time i start the laptop i would get to the desktop and then it would go black.
So i went in in safe mode and worked fine so i knew it had to do with the drivers so i disabled the display adapter in the device manager and restarted and it worked.
When i went to re install the drivers it did the same thing.
I used a latter driver and it worked for 2 days and then black screen when i use an older driver it last a few days when i use the new updated drivers it goes black if i leave it disabled it will run for ever do you think it is my card itself.Which would really suck since i would have to buy anew comp instead of dishing out 400 on a mobo

A:Have to disable display adapter or I get black screen

I think your card is probably OK or you would have a constant black screen. Did you uninstall the card in device manager before you installed a new driver?

Follow this guide to remove any redundant drivers from the system, uninstall the graphics drivers in Device Manager and then install the new driver. Did you get the driver from the manufacturers site? if not then go there for the latest driver.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-disable-display-adapter-or-i-get-black-screen.162406/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is the message I get - not sure what it is indicating or what to do about it Thanks ------------ email Not available Problem Description Product Name WD Anywhere Backup Product Version CLRVersion OSVersion Microsoft Windows NT Service Pack Build Version Shutdown False Platform bit Backup Plan Backup Name quot My WD Backup quot Destination E My WD Backup Secure False Provider Type Tanagra HardDisk InstanceID A DED - A- -B A- B E E Exception System Exception Please open log file and search quot Possible database file corruption alert quot for more details about this error and possible fixes --- gt Finisar SQLite SQLiteException unable to open database file at Finisar SQLite sqlite Throw at Finisar SQLite sqlite sqlite vm Dispose at Finisar SQLite SQLiteCommand ExecuteNonQuery at Tanagra DataClad Utility SQLiteFileError DoUpdate SQLiteConnection conn AutoBackupErrorItem item String fileName at Tanagra DataClad Utility SQLiteFileError Add AutoBackupErrorItem item at Tanagra DataClad ProviderInstance ErrorDBAdd Message msg Exception ex at Tanagra DataClad BackupMessageSink DoProcessQueue IMessageQueue queue at Tanagra DataClad BackupMessageSink ProcessQueues --- End of inner starting Passport) (WD Error upon drive external message exception stack trace --- at Tanagra DataClad BackupMessageSink ProcessQueues at System Threading ThreadHelper ThreadStart Context Object state at System Threading ExecutionContext Run ExecutionContext executionContext ContextCallback callback Object state at System Threading Error message upon starting external drive (WD Passport) ThreadHelper ThreadStart App Tanagra DataClad nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-upon-starting-external-drive-wd-passport.162122/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey Guys,

my motherboard is an ASUS P8H67-M PRO i built my computer a few days ago and haven't really had any major problems but i noticed today when i turn my computer on there is a little message the top left hand corner of the screen i can really make it all out as it is gone in an instant but what i can make out is
"No Devices"

Does anyone know how to fix this? it doesnt make sense as my drives work fine and they are recognised inside the bios. The only issue i have had is i cam to install linux today and i received an error message saying CD/DVD + USB devices not found and i cant help thinking they are linked.

Thanks in advance

A:"No Devices" message appears before BIOS loads

Did you install the chipset drivers?

Are there any devices in Device Manager with a yellow ? or triangle next to it.

What version of windows are you running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-devices-message-appears-before-bios-loads.161876/
Relevancy 25.8%

Ok like the title says I got the parts for my new computer today and spent the evening assembling it only to get a blank screen on boot Further symptoms as follows DVD light blinks on and off but door is unresponsive all fans spin up no post test Red LED blinking next to the CMOS BIOS battery Not a lot to go on but I don t have spare parts that would work with the build to learn anything more revealing Any suggestions would be welcome All no idea no New build, post, connections are secure so I m reasonably certain it s an actual hardware issue and since I don t smell burnt silicon I didn t put the CPU heatsink on backward I just want something more than my own blind guess as to which part is the problem The list of actual parts are as follows MB MSI FXA-GD AM R DVD BURNER LG GH NS PSU CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W RT HD G SAMSUNG HD HJ VGA HIS H F GD HD R MEM Gx GSKILL F - CL D- GBRL CPU AMD PH II X T G AM RT nbsp

A:New build, no post, no idea

Since you have an MSI board please ensure that you've put your memory modules into the correct slots. The first RAM slot in an MSI board is not the one next to the CPU but the one after.

I had an identical issue with a friend's system about a year back and putting the modules into the respective slots fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-post-no-idea.160996/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,I have installed a new pci express card i get a message when starting up it says warning make sure the fan is connected and there is good ventilation is this normal as the card fan is working fine.if it is the norm is there away of stopping this message.Regards Martin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-express-card-installed-odd-message.160909/
Relevancy 25.8%

I ordered a card reader for my system System in my specs So I shut down Need advice some troubleshooting POST) (won't and pulled Need some troubleshooting advice (won't POST) the power cord from the PSU after shutting down then to get any extra juice out of it I pushed the power button Then I took the side and front panel off and put in the card reader and hooked it up to the mobo During this I noticed the system was moderately dusty so I blew it out with canned air in place figured I d just vacuum the area up later Put the front panel back on and hit the power button everything fires up but I don t get anything on screen I also do not get any beeps The fans all power up and stay on the hard drive spins up vid card spins up everything seems normal I just don t get a POST It also doesn t sound or look based on the hdd activity light like Windows is loading up at any time Here is what I ve done to try and fix it so far Removed video card to access CMOS jumper reset with that Even pulled the battery and hit the power button while unplugged from the wall for good measure Disconnected all unnecessary hard drives Disconnected the USB header for the card reader Unplugged the PSU flipped the voltage switch on back then flipped it back to normal Switched to a spare PSU I m a bit unsure on what else to do I didn t touch anything else in the system during the addition of a card reader I m going to remove the RAM and put it back in just because that is simple enough to do I really don t want to unmount the CPU and reseat it because I didn t do anything with that and my heatsink basically requires I remove the entire motherboard to reseat - guess this is where a super expensive case is nicer Edit Removed RAM Powered up Got warning beeps Put GB back in No POST nbsp

A:Need some troubleshooting advice (won't POST)

Swap the Ram modules around and try again using just one module at a time.

Try to boot the PC with your OS disc in the drive.

Did you earth yourself before touching any of the components?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-troubleshooting-advice-wont-post.160649/
Relevancy 24.94%

howdy I dont know if this is the beest place to post at so for give me well I have had this portabul desktop lap top siting in the closet for about a year velocity micro quot notemagix x quot stats Intel core duo E dual Velocity Micro on from ASUS post boot C90S a No ghz mb l cache non integrated gb Corsair pc ddr sodimm memory mb NVIDIA GeForce GT non integrated gb rpm sata mb cache mobo ASUS C S multi boot win Xp win Vista wen I go to boot it the fans HDD led funktion display lights turn on No Mo Bo beeps Screen is black not lit up no indication of No post from boot on a Velocity Micro ASUS C90S it turning on I have tryed unpluging every component to see if the No post from boot on a Velocity Micro ASUS C90S Mo Bo will beep the only that I did not unplug wer cpu and gpu grafixs card I have try d plugging in and external monitor but I thaink os or bios has to set that up to turn on extra monitor The external monitor normaly has a msg saying no signal input or cable disconnected but wen its plugged in to the lap top the screen is on stand by I try d using a flash light to see if its the back lighting I heard that wen gpu goes dead not dead but mia you can stick it in the oven or if u have a heat gun it will clean it or something like that causse is from heating and cooling frequently so im gesing its the monitor gpu or the mobo any help plz I spent k on this pc and im not ritchy ritch gt lt nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-from-boot-on-a-velocity-micro-asus-c90s.159710/
Relevancy 25.8%

A week ago i got a new CPU AMD phenom x w It was running at high temperatures under medium to low load c - So i had purchased a new heatsink corsair h to fix this issue After a day or two under playing Bad Company for a few hours my computer had shut off I was able to boot up fine and figured it might be due to temps so i started to monitor them closer Under full load on with POST, PSU or error No motherboard? occt i No POST, error with PSU or motherboard? wouldn t go above No POST, error with PSU or motherboard? c Few days later while playing Bad company it did it again I thought it might be something with BC as it only shut off with this game Next day shuts off while playing world of warcraft I booted up and let it sit for a few hours before trying to play bad company single player This time when i turned on the computer it posted but No POST, error with PSU or motherboard? didn t have time to fully boot before the power shut off again tried booting again and my computer only turned on for a second Now i cannot boot I grabbed a PSU from a friend while i think it may not be powerful enough for my graphics card it will not post Taking out the card doesn t help either PSU i had was w PSU i am borrowing is w TLDR Computer wont post on w might be dead dying or w w o graphics card Question Is my motherboard dead Should i replace PSU as i replace Mobo or mobo then psu nbsp

A:No POST, error with PSU or motherboard?

this really depends on the quality of the psu but imo the old psu could have damaged your MB but i would definitely try another psu first to make sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-error-with-psu-or-motherboard.159497/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Hope that somebody can assist me with this frustrating issue - Abit - Eye AA8XE POST code 3rd intermittent 9.0 - cold boot which continues to perplex my limited computer system knowledge To offer brief background this system was my primary PC until Jan prior to replacement with a Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - intermittent cold boot - POST code 9.0 custom built i system Prior to this new setup I was having to leave the system powered as it had become a struggle to reboot successfully from cold However once booted the system would function flawlessly and happily reboot restart at will until switched off and a cold restart attempted Following a Motherboard failure resulting from a blown PSU on an unrelated Gigabyte spare system I deceided to utilise and upspec memory and PSU on the AA XE system as a replacement NB At this stage the system has no OS or HDD s installed just CPU memory and floppy IDE optical drives Once again the intermittent cold boot issue has arisen always resulting in a post code fail at Complete Guru initial process AWARD BIOS take over booting job with no display Several Power Off attempts restarts later and I can successfully boot to FF and Disk Boot Failure no HDD s installed remember Subsequent reboots restarts are a breeze until next cold start of course I have noticed that when the cold boot fail occurs the Graphics Fan does not spin up at boot however when the full boot sequence initiates correctly the Graphics fan comes immediately to life as soon as the power button is pressed NB I have tried reseating the graphics card but it has made no difference Also the power button will not power off the system when at fail though I suspect this is because the system boot sequence has not fully initiated I have also removed all memory and still have the same issue excepting when successful restart fails at C Memory sticks replaced and swapped one at a time to eliminate bad memory and no issues found problem persists Once booting normally CPU is recognised all memory including above test configurations recognised correctly and IDE optical drives recognised even boots off an OS cd Have already tried CMOS reset and I am running BIOS defaults at this stage other than graphics initialise PCIx rather than default PCI the settings are not currently overclocked Seem to recall that RAM voltages at AA XE default were wrong only a distant memory so may not be correct on that if so might this cause a and this issue As the issue is intermittent and relates only to a start from cold I suspect that it is related to the motherboard and wonder if it is possibly a problem with the BIOS chip Would welcome any advice to resolve this issue nbsp

A:Abit AA8XE - 3rd Eye - intermittent cold boot - POST code 9.0

From cold, can you heat the area around the CPU up with a hair dryer, then try booting.
If that makes no difference, try the rest of the board.

Have you tried a different graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/abit-aa8xe-3rd-eye-intermittent-cold-boot-post-code-9-0.159062/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I m building a new gaming machine My components are Sabertooth x motherboard Corsair TX PSU I think I bit overkill but it was on a good sale Core I w v coolermaster aftermarket CPU cooler G skill mhz x GB total of GB good sale on dual channel kit so I got New post no build, x palit gb gtx s Haf X case I m troubleshooting no post First time attempting to turn it on I got a blank screen with fans and New build, no post leds running So I removed my video cards and I tested one at a time No change I removed all but one New build, no post stick of memory and then swaped it out a couple times as well Second time I reseated the ram the computer started not even running the fans anymore I ve reseated all power connectors and I ve disconnected all drives Now all I get when I press the power button is red led flashing up momentarily The manual says that these LEDs are quot POST state LEDS to check key components My PCI card and CPU LEDs are the flashing red LEDS This is my second build and I can t imagine there is something wrong with both my cpu and my GPU Anyway to tell if I have a bad motherboard Maybe PSU I don t have an extra PSU btw nbsp

A:New build, no post

Just checking but did you use the motherboard standoffs at all the screw holes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-post.158665/
Relevancy 21.07%

hello my name is kim and i am having major problems trying to play my sims games i keep Failed message getting a failed msg about direct x c blah blah blah so anyway i have jus upgraded to windows which comes with direct x so i am trying to figure out what the problem is i have read all the post on this website regarding the problem and have downloaded and followed every step i possibly can if someone can please help me fix this problem that i have never come across that would be great here is my computer info someSystem Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ARICKIM-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq Presario System Model PC A-ABA SR WM NA BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D Failed message retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel r G GL GE GV Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS DAC type Failed message bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF-D -C AADC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital Output Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Microphone Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture No Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFFFF Description Line In Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture No Default Voice Capture No Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format... Read more

A:Failed message

Wow thats alot of system stats, but I'm gonna go for the obvious unfortunately, am I right in saying that Sims 2 is for an older operating system than Windows 7? if so, try compatability mode. I had a similar problem with an older version of a codec being needed, yet I had a newer one, and it wouldnt run the game. As soon as I ticked compatability mode and selected the OS the game was meant for, the games run perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-message.158088/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everyone I am looking for some help disabling the onboard video on my emachines T so that I may install a PCI-E video card I have seen several similar posts to mine on here already and I have already tried many of the suggestions that I found unfortunately none of them worked I am hoping the impressive knowledge base on here can help me out Here s what I have The new card ATI sapphire HD PCI-express card I also bought a new watt power supply to ensure that wasn t the problem Simply installing the card did not work no video from the PCIE card and no video from onboard video while the new card was in place Disabled the ATI display in hardware manager -- still did not work Uninstalled ATI drivers in Add Remove Programs -- still did not work Went into BIOS and there is no specific setting to disable onboard video The best I could find was setting the video signal preference which I then changed to quot PCI-E quot -- still did not work Those were all of the possible solutions that I was able to find online I cannot install the card and then reinstall windows because I cannot get any video output from PCIE or onboard while the PCIE card is installed I m a bit Unable to disable 200 ATI Xpress onboard video eMachines/ frustrated that I spent money on the card and also on a new power supply Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Unable to disable onboard video eMachines/ ATI Xpress 200

We will need to know the model of the e machine so we can find the motherboard make and model so we then find a manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-disable-onboard-video-emachines-ati-xpress-200.157966/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey all RAID Crashes between to two setup non-system POST 1 disks. array a to Trying I just bought two of these Samsung HD UI drives and I wanted them to contain my miscellaneous files and documents music and videos I have my system partition set up on a Segate Barracuda GB SATA drive My mobo is an ASUS P E I can successfully set the bios to enable the controller and from within the Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST controller I can successfully see all three drives and successfully create an array with the two larger drives Trying to setup a RAID 1 array between two non-system disks. Crashes to POST My problem comes when I boot windows after this I am running win professional or business whatever it s called and when the little glowing balls of light that comprise the logo start to rotate around each other my system crashes back to POST No BSOD no error code Just a black screen followed by POST Windows then trys to repair itself unsuccessfully and eventually goes back to POST after failing the repair I removed the array and set the SATA back to enhanced IDE and it works again I also tried the one system drive without the other two drives even connected with the bios setting set to RAID and it also crashed I m guessing there s some conflict between my mobo s raid controller and my windows install Any thoughts EDIT My windows is bit BTW nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-setup-a-raid-1-array-between-two-non-system-disks-crashes-to-post.157786/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok post no in Asus monitor standby and P5N-E SLI, beep, no stays guys one day I got home and I tried turning on my pc it started normally usual sounds like the fans running ect Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby no beep thought and it sounds like it is booting all the way but my monitor stays in standby mode Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby saying quot No signal quot so I tried logging in with my screen off by pressing down on the keyboard arrows and typing my password followed by pressing enter and I could hear windows logging in the windows log in tune sound Now I tested the monitor on another pc it works fine I bought a new graphics card and that didn t make a difference The old card was a nvidia gforce gt and my new card is an Asus ENGTX TOP direct Cu I tried taking out Ram and switching slots sticks of gig ram still didn t work so confusing I have a P N-e sli asus motherboard with an intel core duo ghz prossessor sata hard drives and no on board display P S please go easy I m not an expert at fixing things Thanks nbsp

A:Asus P5N-E SLI, no beep, no post and monitor stays in standby

Unlike your old card, the 8600GT, the GTX 460 requires two 6 pin PCI-E power connectors from the PSU (power supply unit). Did you connect them? Does your PSU even have two 6 pin PCI-E connectors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5n-e-sli-no-beep-no-post-and-monitor-stays-in-standby.157271/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so I was trying to help out business near where I work They have a a really old tower and just recently the CRT monitor (I settings! not display of out message error range Monitor think) - they were using had Monitor error message out of range - not display settings! (I think) a the green on light on it but the screen was completely blank I lent them a flat screen monitor thinking maybe the monitor had had it This time I got the start up stuff - american megatrends etc but when it started booting windows just before it displays the desktop it says out of range I managed to get into safe mode to change resolution etc but there was no option for changing refresh rate it was greyed out and set as default didnt say what number What could be causing this So the CRT monitor wouldnt display anything at all The flatscreen gave error message just before displaying the desktop Is it display settings Is it the graphics card I told them I can t fix it unless I ve got a spare graphics card to replace theirs with and their mobo doesn t have a monitor out built in I could easily wipe it and reinstall windows good idea for this year old computer anyway but I don t think this is the real problem I ve lent them a tower in the mean time to tide them over Any ideas on this Cheers nbsp

A:Monitor error message out of range - not display settings! (I think)

Possibly the graphics card or the power supply could be going south.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-error-message-out-of-range-not-display-settings-i-think.156361/
Relevancy 25.8%

I ve been enjoying my new i computer for a couple of months now but there is one lingering problem I can t seem fix or diagnose for that matter Every once in awhile the POST no Occasional - P6T computer will not POST from a cold start This only happens when the computer is turned completely off and then back on the next day or so I d say this occurs maybe out of every - startups The speaker will not sound and the board will not POST until I tap the reset button--which isn t a huge deal but it s not right I ve looked over the BIOS a few times and Occasional no POST - P6T everything is fine Occasional no POST - P6T The system is highly overclocked but is perfectly stable The memory Occasional no POST - P6T is using stock voltages and timings and the processor is liquid cooled I m not sure if it has to do with the Turbo Boost or not but I haven t bothered with changing any settings since this doesn t happen every single time Like I said it s not a huge issue since the computer runs perfectly but I d like to find what s causing the intermittent behavior Any ideas nbsp

A:Occasional no POST - P6T

Your specs show a dual-boot configuration, Windows XP and Windows 7... Why?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/occasional-no-post-p6t.155835/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently went into my bios and was fiddling with the USB speed. I changed it from Hi Speed to Full Speed to check how fast it really was in comparison. When I realized I couldn't use my USB keyboard to get back *into* BIOS, I reset by using the jumpers.

Now I can use the keyboard, but I get an aggravating "Keyboard not Found" that I have to hit F1 to bypass. Worst part is, the option to disable it halting on keyboard not being found is already set to bypass it.

What could be causing this?

A:Keyboard not found on POST; Still works

Borrow a PS2 keyboard and see if the "Keyboard not Found" error stops. You might try getting back into the bios and select "load failsafe defaults". Legacy USB devices may have to be enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-found-on-post-still-works.155185/
Relevancy 24.94%

Today I stripped my computer down to give it a good clean All went fine until I went to switch it back on My first problem and what would appear to be the most serious is that since I cleaned and re-assembled my computer I now get a third screen in POST - POST A & RAM of value couple IDE problems detected wrong no Nearly identical to the first POST screen except for the text at the bottom It reads No IDE Master H D D Detected Press F to Resume and sticks on that screen until I press A couple of POST problems - no IDE detected & wrong RAM value F Normally I get the first two screens shown below the main POST screen and then the JMicron screen and then it goes to Windows Also I have noted that the primary master is not my HDD but my DVD CD drive I have confirmed that my HDD is in fact first in the Boot Device Priority in BIOS My second problem which has been persistant is that during POST the value for the RAM gives a reading of PC - when in fact it is I have searched my BIOS ASUS P W DH Deluxe and I can t find where I change the value Apart from the above everything is as it was before Any help with the above issues would be greatly appreciated Cheers Tom nbsp

A:A couple of POST problems - no IDE detected & wrong RAM value

Why, if it's SATA, and you have a free master, would you set it as slave?
Set it to master (on the back of the hard drive), plug it in the proper port, and hop into the bios, making sure it shows up correctly, then try restarting.

As for the RAM issue, it sounds as if the ratio between RAM and FSB has been changed. To find the proper value, look in the Bios for said ratio (Probably in either RAM/Memory settings, or in FSB/Overclocking settings) and use math to figure out the proper value (PC6400 is 800 MHz, so what ratio would 800 MHz DDR2 ram get to FSB to give a proper rating?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-couple-of-post-problems-no-ide-detected-wrong-ram-value.155051/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ok, so here is the deal.
I'm working with a HP LaserJet 5Si printer from 1995 and it's having some issues.
I'm getting a message that reads "Device Error 66.0.23, cycle power" I found information about it on the HP site and followed the instructions 100%. It worked for a while, and then 10 minutes later it had the same error.
Also I have another one that keeps jamming, but only from tray 3. Total it has 4 trays due to the fact that it's on top of a paper drawer use to hold a ream or two of paper.
Any suggestions on what to do with either of these....priceless machines.
And throwing them out is out of the question as with purchasing a new printer any time soon.
Thanks

A:Really old printer with error message

The "Device Error 66.0.23, cycle power" could indicate a bad internal PC board connection or a failing logic board. The tray 3 paper jam, could be a misaligned tray sensor or dirty feed mechanism

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-old-printer-with-error-message.153702/
Relevancy 20.21%

Dear techs
I hope that you can help me.
My problem refers to an external 'backup' drive that gives the above error.
I have always disconnected the usb correctly
It was working perfectly nad then...
Is this the end of my essential back up? If yes. What is the point of having one?

A:Error message 'the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable'

Are you able to read anything on the drive? Have you tried running checkdisk or scandisk in repair mode on the drive?

The fact is, drives fail. A backup is simply supposed to be a second copy of your important data, not the only place you store your data.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-the-file-or-directory-is-corrupted-and-unreadable.152109/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I eah5770 No POST to after at display upgrading have reciently built a computer consisting of the following Asus p n-d nForce i SLI Socket channel audio ATX Motherboard Intel Core Quad Q GHz Socket FSB MB L Cache processor w Cit ATX v Psu Nvidia Gforce GT gig of DDR ram DELL Monitor VGA No display at POST after upgrading to eah5770 Windows XP home SP This setup worked fine for a few days then just stopped displaying anything to my No display at POST after upgrading to eah5770 monitor starting at the POST I removed my card and put an old Nvidia Gforce in and it works fine I decided to buy a new graphics card Asus Ati EAH cu core GB GDDR card and it like the has no display on the POST I have put my back in and it works fine still A few things worth noting I have put the into an older cheaper pcworld factory built computer and it works fine and if possible I would rather not put my Asus Ati into that computer I have updated flashed my BIOS to its most current update via the Asus website which went well and when checking my bios it lists the new version correctly I have updated the chipset drivers from the Asus site to the most recent version I have done a clean install of windows but had to do so with my in as its the only one thats displaying I have attempted to install the ati drivers before putting in the card but it failed during setup due to there being an Nvidia card present My chipset drivers are by Nvidia and when installing them i allways get Nvidia display drivers too dont know if this is the problem I get no beeps during post with any of the cards With the Ati card it will boot all the way to windows I can hear the windows login tune and log out when shutting down but just cant see anything only a black screen Please for the sake of my computer can someone shed some light on this matter it would be greatfully appreciated Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-at-post-after-upgrading-to-eah5770.152478/
Relevancy 18.06%

I was trying to play Neverwinter Nights on my laptop The install went fine but when i tried to play the game i gave me the error message quot no Error "no compatible found" device message direct3d direct d compatible device found quot I updated direct X and the driver Error message "no direct3d compatible device found" for the video adapter My best guess is that i need to get a better graphics card to get it to work I looked around a little and from what i hear the best choice for this laptop is to get a Nvidia geforce go the problem with that however is that i have yet to find anybody who actually has one I checked newegg amazon ebay and of course with Nvidia themselves but the only one i ve found is already installed in a laptop Specs My computer is a dell xps running windows pro The processor is a Intel core duo T GHz The video is onboard Mobile Intel Express Chip Set Family It has GB of RAM Let me know if there is any other information about my specs you need to help me with this Any help or advice you can offer would be appreciated nbsp

A:Error message "no direct3d compatible device found"

Double check your laptop manual but when I checked it, I saw no way to add or change the graphics. You will have to live with what you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-no-direct3d-compatible-device-found.152293/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys, so I am new on building a rig, and have been going on Newegg making my own in a shopping cart. I have no idea if these rigs ive been making even work together. And I was hoping if some of you could make some rigs, or post some you've already made, maybe Text with links, or a picture of the shopping cart. I am looking for cheap -500$ Rigs, -300$ Would be even better. I will also post a picture of my shoppingcart rig once im done choosing parts.

Thanks alot you guys, Wanna see some good ones

*I didn't know which topic this should go into, Techspot should make an "Our Rigs" topic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-out-and-post-some-rigs.151517/
Relevancy 25.37%

Ok so I have two computers in my house one is mine and my sister computer and the other one is my dad computer so he set up a linksys router file sharing between our computer and i have got to find How Linksys sharing disable? File over router. to a way to disable it so he wont be able to explore my computer files of course not see my internet bookmarks and history how can i do it I File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable? am the administrator of my computer No biggie right Do i have to disable it from his laptop computer I just need to not let him explore my computer from his editing permission is useless when he wasnt home i tried exploring my computer from his and i could change security permissions like Modify Read and just explore C and D drives although I changed my specific folders secrutiy settings i could change them from his computer - its like he is the Workgoup network Admin he can do whatever he wants on my computer from his copmuter i have to disable this sharing plus - where can i learn about computer technology and all this interesting stuff So i will be able to do things myself nbsp

A:File sharing over Linksys router. How to disable?

lol

stop surfing the porn sites and you have nothing to worry about, your dad seems to know heaps more about pc's etc and anything you do he will undo.

as for where to learn,,,well in the words of the Beatles, here there and everywhere....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sharing-over-linksys-router-how-to-disable.150939/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey All POST issues Intermittent no not entirely sure this is in the right section as I can t seem to pinpoint where the issue is but I believe its the bios or motherboard So I have a couple of intermittent issues and a few annoying issues that occur starting with If starting the PC Intermittent no POST issues from being shut down for a long period of time the computer will not post sometimes it will hang with the fan blasting at full speed sometimes it will shut back off in seconds or so Odd thing if the room is very cold AC on it happens nearly of the time if the room is warm it has sometimes booted up properly sometimes freezes on the windows loading screen An interesting bypass that works of the time when this happens if I press the cmos reset button in the back of the PC it will boot up properly of the time Not sure if it s by design or a bug in the BIOS if my computer fails to boot properly the next time it boots up it sets the CPU at GHz GHz Intel Quad Core processor and I have to enter the BIOS and exit or reboot again to clear it back to GHz My Computer ASUS Striker II Extreme LGA NVIDIA nForce i Ultra SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Extreme QX Yorkfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor BX QX GB CORSAIR XMS DDR PC Intermittent no POST issues TWIN X - C DHX will only run at frown OCZ Intermittent no POST issues GameXStream OCZ GXSSLI W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready Active PFC Power Supply X EVGA -P -N -A GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI in SLI X Western Digital Raptor WD ADFD GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Hard Drive -Bare Drive X Western Digital Caviar Black WD FALS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Not really sure if any other information is needed to help diagnose the problem but I ll supply whatever it is I ve done memory testing and everything has come up clean I ve updated the BIOS no change I ve taken out GB of ram and tested it out problem persists I can t figure out the problem for the life of me my only guess is that it s a glitch in the motherboard and without one to swap it with I can t really test the theory What do you guys think nbsp

A:Intermittent no POST issues

I once had a similar intermittent problem except my workaround was to turn off the power supply at the rocker switch (or unplug it) for a minute or so. I never made a room temperature connection but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. I also didn't have a problem with the CPU downclocking. Anyway, after swapping out various spare parts (psu, graphics card, RAM, HDD) it turned out to be the motherboard. I replaced it and installed all of the old parts and it was fixed. I happen to be on that PC now.

The motherboard was a Gigabyte P35 and I replaced it with a Gigabyte P45 because by then they stopped making the P35.

How does it behave if you shut down the power supply for a bit instead of resetting the CMOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-no-post-issues.150324/
Relevancy 19.78%

I was using my computer and it rebooted (I didn't reboot it) and when it came back on, I got this message:

"Invalid system disk, replace the disk and then press any key."

I have a lot of data on the disk and do not want to lose it. It is a SATA hard drive 500 GB and I am using Windows 7 Ultimate as my operating system. One other thing, prior to my system crashing, Windows 7 had been doing an update in the background as I was working on a Word file and printing on some DVD's with my printer.

any help or advice would be appreciated.

A:Invalid system disk error message using Windows 7 Ultimate

Make sure you don't have any external drives plugged in and make sure you're booting from the correct drive if there's more than one installed.

Put the drive into another machine and do a backup of your files. You should have everything backed up on a regular basis, when things like this happen you'll wish you had one.

After you're all backed up, try running check disk on the drive using the Windows recovery console.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invalid-system-disk-error-message-using-windows-7-ultimate.150049/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey all I ve been messing around with this issue for weeks and haven t had much luck Hopefully people might have some ideas A few months back my computer was off when I won't issue, Boot sometimes post... went downstairs in the morning Probably a power failure When I turned my system on the computer wouldn t post So I pulled all my ram and cleaned my system I reinstalled Boot issue, won't post... sometimes the ram and it still wouldn t work I proceeded to start testing ram stick at a time Any ram would work at the same time so I conceeded to work with a gig in my first slot and a gig in my rd slot the pair slot for slot This worked for a few weeks and than one morning my computer wouldn t post at all So here I am now Today I completely stripped my system down and rebuilt I added a new power source just as a suspicion and proceeded to try Nothing no post I pulled all ram and put my gig in ram slot No Post I placed gig in slot and it posted and gave me a Checksum error Probably because I had pulled my battery a week or so ago I defaulted in the bios and rebooted Load took it to the quot Windows did not load properly quot and I chose start windows normaly At this point I get the first windows loading bar and than black and nothing The CD rom spools up like a mad beast for about mins and than everything calms and nothing more occurs Today since getting it to post the screen has also had small horizontal lines green and red forming vertical bars down the screen of the monitor Not sure what thats about So I dont know if its the ram since stick works and another wont Although none will result in a full boot so that leads me to think mobo ram slots rather than the ram itself What suggestions would anyone have At this point im thinking mobo is the problem but I can t be sure My appologies if this is the wrong forum for this issue im new to the board Cheers Jake nbsp

A:Boot issue, won't post... sometimes

It could be the motherboard. It could also be more than one thing. It might be helpful to the diagnosis if you gave your system specifications.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-issue-wont-post-sometimes.149316/
Relevancy 25.8%

I am building a new gaming computer and when I turn it on it does not POST Specs Case - Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case Motherboard - Intel DP SG Extreme Series P ATX LGA Power Supply - Corsair W TX Series PSU Graphics Card - Sapphire New POST no display/does has not computer Radeon Toxic HD GB Processor - Intel Core Quad Q GHz Memory - OCZ GB x GB PC - DDR MHz Monitor - Asus inch LED monitor Details When I turn on my computer all of the fans run and the LEDs light up but New computer has no display/does not POST there is no POST or at least no display the monitor displays quot No signal quot Soon after I turn on my computer there is a very short high-pitched beep then about four seconds afterward a long about half a second low-pitched beep I d assume this was the POST beep but it sounded odd to me the first New computer has no display/does not POST beep was significantly louder than the second beep and the time between each beep was long Additionally when I remove one of two of my RAM sticks and then turn on my computer there are three consecutive medium-pitch medium-duration beeps that sound different from the other ones Everything seems to work fine the inside of the computer looks as if it s working correctly I have tried using every port on my graphics card two DVIs one HDMI but the results are always the same no signal I have the -pin and -pin power plugs plugged in correctly and the molex connectors in the graphics card My motherboard has no on-board video and I cannot swap out parts to troubleshoot because I have no other compatible parts nbsp

A:New computer has no display/does not POST

Hey, I looked up the Intel Bios Beep Codes, located here, nothing seems to show for 1short, pause, 1 long... So it is very confusing as to what your problem may be.

The 3 beeps seem to be a RAM issue, take out both sticks, make sure all the contacts on the modules are good (not bent, scratched) try each stick seperately in each and every slot on the board. You might be best off to do a bench test. Take the board out of the tower, hopefully you still have the static bag from the Motherboard box, place the board on a static bag and something semi soft(usually foam comes with the boards too) and test the board with Just the Video Card, RAM, Processor. If it posts, add components. if it all works together outside of the case, but it back in, see if it works.

If it doesnt seem to work when in the case but works outside, then its being shorted, you will probably need some rubber stoppers or something to stop the screws from touching the board.

If you can't seems to get it to work problem, I suggest calling Intel and doing an RMA on the board...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-has-no-display-does-not-post.149268/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I m new here I found this board googling and found a topic Disable Xpress Pundit P1-PH1 an on ATI 200 related to my problem but it was closed unfortunately Therefore I m creating a new one I have an integrated Ati Xpress in my Asus Pundit P -PH and a brand new Nvidia Geforce GS PCI I wanted to fully disable the integrated ATI card to let the new Nvidia card handle the graphic aspect of my system and install two screens on it I went in the BIOS and set the quot Primary Display Adapter quot option on PCI That didn t work at all beside the PCI choice is the one by default therefore it was already set on quot PCI quot Choosing the quot Onboard quot Disable an ATI Xpress 200 on Pundit P1-PH1 value doesn t change a thing If I connect a screen on the Nvidia card I don t get an image during Disable an ATI Xpress 200 on Pundit P1-PH1 the boot sequence I tried uninstalling the ATI drivers under Seven and installing the Nvidia drivers Didn t work I disable and even uninstalled the ATI card but Seven keeps installing the drivers after restart The only way to have a dual screen is to keep the ATI drivers connect the main screen on it and connect the second screen on the Nvidia card with its drivers installed aswell but the result is rather disappointing on that card the framerate is terrible How could I completely disable the ATI integrated card That card is old and I just want it out of the way The Pundit P -PH manual is available online but I can t post a link for the moment newbie as I am Thank you I m looking and asking everywhere for this Disable an ATI Xpress 200 on Pundit P1-PH1 and since now I couldn t get any help nbsp

A:Disable an ATI Xpress 200 on Pundit P1-PH1

Just as long as you aren't plugging any displays into your motherboard your graphics card will be doing all the graphics processing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disable-an-ati-xpress-200-on-pundit-p1-ph1.148518/
Relevancy 24.94%

system info compaq presario sr nx desktop pc watt PSU ASUS motherboard with AMD Athlon CPU mother board has PCI expansion slots and PCI-E slot no AGP Motherboards integrated video ATI Radeon Express PROBLEM have tried two different GPUs with same result no video signal to monitor after installing new GPU first card i tried was a MSI R hd g second one was XFX Radeon HD I went into control panel add remove programs and removed the ati radeon express driver then shut down windows removed all cables opened case grounded myself installed card into PCI-E slot replaced cables and started pc all fans come on full tilt but neither of the VGA ports send signal removed card from PCI-E and pc starts Express PCI PC won't with video installed post card fine monitor works went into BIOS and changed video option from integrated to PCI-E reinstalled card with same results what the hell PC won't post with PCI Express video card installed am i doing wrong I ve done everything i can think of even tried installing drivers before inserting card and keep getting nothing should i give up on the PCI-E and use a standard PCI GPU I M SOFA KING LOST nbsp

A:PC won't post with PCI Express video card installed

I believe that system is roughly 4-5 years old, and as such probability is PCI-E slot may not be upto the task with regard to compatibility/power etc. I hope someone with more knowledge would either back it up or correct me if i am wrong. Regards

Edit:
Here is specs sheet for your system, but I am unable to say its 1.0 or 2.x slot (although I guess its 1.0x).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-post-with-pci-express-video-card-installed.145577/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a Compaq desktop which I have had sitting up for a while, it isn't but maybe 5 years old. I say it's been sitting up for about a year. Well anyways, I decided to break it out and get it going again. I got all my hardware, the CPU, HDD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, and a CD drive. I put everything back in properly and it does not POST beep at startup nor does the monitor get any signal. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem?

A:No POST beep or video signal

See if there's anything in this post that helps; http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.html

Oh, and did you remember to plug in the CPU (4 pin) power connector..? That can be such a deal breaker.

Sometimes, a PSU can go bad while sitting around. I've had one myself that wouldn't restart after it was powered off. (That said, the caps were whining pretty bad while it was running).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-beep-or-video-signal.147922/
Relevancy 20.21%

My Canon Canoscan 8600F scanner won't do a PDF or photo...returns the error message: "Unable to Scan. Make sure there is enough space in the target disk." My C drive has plenty of capacity so I'm hoping getting it to work is something simple. Any ideas?

A:Canoscan scanner returns error message

Have you tried updating the drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/canoscan-scanner-returns-error-message.146509/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a lexmark 2500 all in one printer, it has worked fine till recently when i got an error message when trying to print. It said "Unsupported cartridge" The cartridge has been working for months and is a lexmark cartridge, so I have bought another and I have got the same message.
I have reinstalled the drivers, I have unplugged the printer for an hour or so, but still the same
Any Ideas Anyone Please

A:Lexmark error message

Hello, the cartridge may be defective or the cartridge may not be seating properly in the carrier. I was able to find the following at the Lexmark site. You may be able to get some help using the Chat or calling the Lexmark number for support.
support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&productCode=LEXMARK_X2500&segment=SUPPORT&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1260904780382&actp=search&userlocale=EN_US&id=SO4741

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexmark-error-message.139498/
Relevancy 24.94%

Some time ago my Dell Inspiron developed BIOS Access Inspiron No to Need POST Dell on - a fault in that whilst in Windows the laptop would freeze up completely and required a hard No POST on Dell Inspiron - Need to Access BIOS shutdown I diagnosed the problem to a fault with the onboard Broadcom RJ network interface card I disabled the onboard NIC in the BIOS and all was well I recently needed to check a router LAN cable in a remote area so used my laptop My intention was to enable the NIC check the cable and then disable the NIC again Unfortunately having saved the information to enable the onboard NIC in the BIOS and rebooted the laptop will now not POST and I cannot access the BIOS to disable the NIC The laptop begins the normal start sequence but then hangs before the POST would start I know that if only I could disable the onboard NIC in the BIOS all would be returned to normal If anybody could help with information regarding accessing the BIOS in this situation I d be very grateful I ve even been to the extreme of dis-assembling the laptop and removing the rear RJ port from the motherboard in case it was a hardware problem - but I m afraid that didn t work Thanks in advance Cheers Mark nbsp

A:No POST on Dell Inspiron - Need to Access BIOS

Next stop, if you're that way inclined and if it is possible on that laptop, remove the network chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-post-on-dell-inspiron-need-to-access-bios.147665/
Relevancy 19.78%

This is my first post I read through the post labeled D is not accessible Incorrect function and did everything people suggested there but I am still having the same problem except mine is a little different I don t know if it is a hardware or software or driver or what internal My not error accessible giving me G&F:\is external message & burner are the problem is My external and internal burner have error G burner in the computer amp F external burner is not accessible Incorrect function My other internal player works though My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible It plays music but I can t view pictures I have an external burner hooked up thru a USB port and I have a cd dvd burner on my computer Both drives are giving my the same error message I don t know what to do I have tried different usb ports plugged the external burner into different ones I tried buying a different usb cord for the burner nope I have tried different cds and dvds different brands and types I have tried support microsoft com fixit website which helped a lot I couldn t even play music until I used that website Now I can at least play music I just can t burn anything btw that website is awesome for a lot of things I have tried unistalling Roxio because someone said that might be my problem Nope I have tried updating my drivers I have tried going to device manager and seeing if there is any exclamation points but they say everything is working properly lol I don t know what else to do or what the problem could be because it is happening on both and internal and external burner I thought I might have to replace my internal burner but now I don t think that is the problem at all BTW I have a Sony Vaio PCV- with a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD R and a Samsung CD-Rom SC- C And I have been to all three of their websites looking for driver updates or firmware or something to help and have downloaded everything they had and nothing has fixed my problem I am running XP Pro I am completely out of ideas Please help me I really don t have the money to spend and get my computer fixed and I don t think that would fix it because it is having trouble with the external one too Any help would be sooooo appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:My internal & external burner are giving me error message G&F:\is not accessible

See CD/DVD or Disk Problems? How to Fix Problems Caused by Filters to see if it might help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internal-external-burner-are-giving-me-error-message-g-f-is-not-accessible.147023/
Relevancy 25.8%

This question is actually for my friend I m trying to help him install an Nvidia GT on his Gateway GT When we install the new video card the computer will not recognize it We ve tried disabling the onboard graphics card manually through the bios and through device manager Device manager does seem to recognize the gt which we enabled but every time we restart Cannot onboard to video seem disable the comp it continues to boot from the onboard video even though it is disabled We ve taken out the cmos battery and reset the bios but nothing seems to work I have yet to try this card in my computer to make sure it is not doa but will be doing that as soon as my friend gets off work In the mean time I thought I d ask and see if I Cannot seem to disable onboard video can find a resolution Here are his current specs AMD Athlon X dual core processor with AMD technology GHz Just upgraded to gb DDR MHz PC corsair mem Onboard video is Integrated NVIDIA GeForce LE graphics Up to MB of Shared Video Memory The video card slot is PCI-E X And he does have the stock watt Power Supply The GT does not require a pin connector like most other cards BTW the card s fan does spin so it is recieving power Any help would be much appreciated if you need more information just let me know nbsp

A:Cannot seem to disable onboard video

Also, we installed the drivers for the gt240 from nvidia's website and from cd, but still no result.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-seem-to-disable-onboard-video.146535/
Relevancy 25.8%

this pc is running fine almost a years then one day i normally power it up all of a sudden it display a quick BSOD then restart itself very quick I try this option-safemode last known good config it really can t boot to windows i try to repair windows using windows rec console with my xp cd post Ecs-motherboard no sudden but it hangs and freezes on screen and no response on keyboard i try this a few times Ecs-motherboard sudden no post but still it freezes I go to Cmos it still freezes The last option I did was opening the case and try reseatting the ram and Ecs-motherboard sudden no post cleaning the dust on heatsink itself This time when i powered the pc no post no signal and no display i try clearing the cmos and another ram still no post i removed the battery and change with a working one still no post do you think my mobo is dead Is there any option to get my mobo to get it signal and post again Pls help me guys I don t want to buy a new mobo Is there any option to repair this mobo nbsp

A:Ecs-motherboard sudden no post

This might have been caused by a failed hard drive in the beginning. Now it may well be a bad motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-motherboard-sudden-no-post.146355/
Relevancy 24.94%

hi , my first time doing this , havnt got a clue !! i have a acer aspire 5720 and when i turn it on i get a screen and all it says it press f 2 go to set up i go there but still doesnt come on , just black screen after that !

A:Acer Aspire 5720 gives black screen after POST

The hard drive may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5720-gives-black-screen-after-post.146168/
Relevancy 25.37%

Yesterday night I shut down my system i e desktop pc normally and went to do whatever I at Hangup POST Mysterious System needed to do Also I temporarily overclocked just for testing purpose as usually I do not OC HD GPU Mhz and Memory Mhz it worked perfectly without any issue beside these not that much of aggressive OCing I ran couple of games without any issue for an hour I think then restored the clocks to original settings i e MHz for GPU and MHz for memory and continued using the PC for a while without any issue at all Mysterious System Hangup at POST The system Specs for Mysterious System Hangup at POST this machine are Core Quad Intel DP Mysterious System Hangup at POST DP Motherboard with BIOS updated to last released version GB DDR Kingston GB WD Caviar HDD GB Seagate Barracuda HDD HP DVD RW amp LG DVD Reader Radeon HD GB quot Viewsonic LCD Monitor x When I tried to turn on the system few hours later it would turn on and a cursor would just blink on the left edge of the screen No beeping nothing except all three keyboard lights were on stuck as well couldn t turn them off Anyway I first disconnected HDDs DVDs reduced the RAM to only one module of GB nothing showed up at all Changed the graphic card have an old GT lying around nothing at all and I know the card is fine as it works fine in the other machine I disassembled the pc brought out the motherboard to see whether something may be shorting out again nothing Checked the PSU it works fine on the other pc with E GT similar HDDs and DVDs no issue it was fine The long of and the short of it as last resort I pulled out the motherboard battery left the motherboard alone for the night this morning i placed the original graphic card back on after putting the battery back in and viola everything worked just fine Now I have reassembled the pc everything is back where it was and everything is working just fine infact I am writing this thread from this same machine My question is what could have caused this and how and why there wasn t any beep Edit I just went through Event Log of the motherboard s BIOS and it has two recent errors i Intel ME Interface Non-Functional ii Intel ME Interface Initialization Failed As far as I know Management Engine is the interface between the firmware and the host The same is backed up by Intel as Drivers and applications on the host that wish to interact with Intel ME through host interface would use the ME Interface host windows driver So the scope has somewhat narrowed and the thing is what caused it to become Non-functional amp its Initialization Failed and how it ended up fully functional again considering the scenario I described above nbsp

A:Mysterious System Hangup at POST

Cosmic Alignment.......

Well, I think the BIOS reset is what did the trick, and not any of the other diagnostic attempts. Red says that sometime s*** happens, and then your BIOS resets, for better or worse. (loose quote).
I turned on my E7300 machine one day, and while watching the crawl, I'm told that the CPU is running @ 2.2 Ghz. I was of course dismayed, and reset the CPU multiplier to 10.0, from 8.5. How it got to be 8.5 remains a mystery.

That's the what of it, but my lack of in depth tech knowledge prevents me from saying exactly why.

One time I read an article saying that "cosmic rays" might affect computer operations as the gates became progressively smaller.

I read a lot of crap about Y2K being the end of the world also, but as we all know, that didn't pan out.

I also tried to install a copy of Ubuntu one time, goofed up taking the disc out, rebooted at the wrong time or something, and I got an error message saying, "the BIOS is being reloaded from backup". (Gigabyte dual BIOS board). Wow, dodged a bullet there too.

In any event, it seems an OS can alter , damage, or modify the BIOS HAL firmware. (note 1)

Note 1; Since "alter" and "modify" are close to synonymous in this context, the sentence even has a "built in backup". But at no point am I claiming that this makes it more informative.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mysterious-system-hangup-at-post.144747/
Relevancy 20.21%

Okay, so my friend has a prepaid cellphone from Virgin Mobile.

Sometimes we'll be having a conversation, and then something happens with the phone service or whatever, and I get the same text message maybe 20 times over the course of 5 hours or so, and during that time she can't receive any texts from me.

Then after a while, it goes back to normal, and her phone gets a flood of texts that I sent over the past few hours.
What the heck is going on?
Why does this happen?
Can we do anything to fix it?

I'm not so sure how cellphone SMS messages work exactly, so I would love some more information.
Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

A:Virgin Mobile phone sends same text message over and over again

Did you check with Virgin Mobile?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help-support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-mobile-phone-sends-same-text-message-over-and-over-again.145345/
Relevancy 20.21%

My Sony VGC RB38G runs Windows Media Center 2005 Xp, the hdd is orginal still, and is fuctioning yet and is only 250GB. I bought a 500GB Seagate Barracuda and used the Seatools to Clone, yet it will not start. I can see it in My Computer as drive F and I can see in the BIOS.

Any help here???

A:Cloning a hdd in XP new drive gets message Missing Operating System

So you cloned the 250GB to 500GB. So does the 500GB have XP on it or are you just using it as a additional storage. You might want to do that. Leave the 250GB as the Primary C: then have the 500GB as archive media storage. There you can have all your music, pictures, music for Media Center 2005. This way you don't have to clone the HDD.

C: 250GB (OS/Programs/MCE)
D: 500GB (Media)
E: DVD/CD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cloning-a-hdd-in-xp-new-drive-gets-message-missing-operating-system.144759/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello new to this site and I m hoping CPU/Motherboard? No-post with Help I can find Help with CPU/Motherboard? No-post someone on here who knows what they are talking about I tried yahoo answers but either they can t read or have no idea what they re talking about It s not possible to get into the BIOS when the computer no-posts or hell even powers on I ll copy paste what I posted on yahoo ------------- About a week ago we had a power surge and after that my computer wouldn t turn on no fans no fan self-test no post Tried a known good power supply and still no good However I was still getting a stand-by light on Help with CPU/Motherboard? No-post the motherboard so I tried a new outlet and same thing So I went ahead and replaced the motherboard figuring the motherboard got fried from the surge even though there was no physical evidence on the board itself Got the new motherboard in put on cardboard and plugged in the old powersupply nothing else plugged in just motherboard and PSU Still no startup I ve read that some motherboards won t even start without the CPU installed so I installed the new motherboard in the case and plugged in the CPU Heatsink fan Tried again and nothing I ve tried the switch and manually shorting the power-on pins with a screw driver Got around to trying it with the known good PSU before buying a completely knew one just in case Nothing Took out the CPU again and still nothing It s possible the motherboard is DOA but with no physical damage it seems unlikely Also note it gives me the standby light as well Any suggestions Specs Pentium ghz with HT Intel GAG motherboard gigs of DDR Memory x Also note I don t have the cash to upgrade or I would have just built a completely new system from the get go -------------- On a side question curious if the mobo would atleast give me an error code if I were to remove the CPU completely and try turning it on I ve tried it once and it did the same nothingness I ve heard mixed responses from people about it though Some say some motherboards won t even turn on without a CPU other s say it ll give you an error beep code Help Please lol nbsp

A:Help with CPU/Motherboard? No-post

The CPU needs to be installed in the motherboard at all times, in order to get any sign of motherboard operation. You can remove the memory, and see if the motherboard beeps, if you hear nothing, the motherboard... or the CPU is bad. Make sure you have all the power supply connections to the motherboard including the CPU power plug

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-cpu-motherboard-no-post.144133/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello fellow forum members I m new to the forum and have taken a leap won't GA58X-UD7 post into building my first unit I just have a couple of tech question for the group Today I was not able to get my new build GA58X-UD7 won't post to post at all not sure why I went through an extensive checklist GA58X-UD7 won't post found on the net with no luck Everything is connected correctly and up and running PSU Mobo Fans GPU ect I thought all I needed to do was ghosted one of my Seagate HD drive from my old system to have the OS on to start my config but after doing this I could not get the system to post or boot to the OS XP Pro at all After installing the two Sony Optiarc drives only one worked The working Sony Optiarc when ballistic mach like a buzz saw when a disk is not in lol Here are my current header connections for Sata is my HD working Sony Optiarc I would appreciate anyone who could enlighten me on what I am doing wrong that is causing the problem Once again thank to the TS forum in advance for the feedback Ernie nbsp

A:GA58X-UD7 won't post

Are you getting a debug code ? or is the board completely dark ?
You can't POST the board but the SATA optical drive works ? If it's a no POST then you won't be able to get the BIOS up. If this is the case then try clearing CMOS. Rather than just hit the CMOS button do it the recommended way...
Remove power from the system.
Hit the power button to discharge the capacitors.
Push the CMOS button
Remove the battery from the motherboard.
Do something else for an hour.
Replace the battery.
Restore power and boot up immediately into BIOS- if possible
Select "Load Optimized Defaults" and set the recommended voltage for your RAM
Save & exit.
On reboot, go directly into BIOS and set the recommended timings for your RAM and any other options you'd like to set (i.e. boot order, etc.).

If that doesn't work then it's troubleshooting time (this is a cut and paste from one of my earlier posts intended for first-timers)

Make sure you are doing the antistatic protection thing.
I usually keep the PSU plugged in at the wall but turned off so that the PSU is grounding the chassis-touching any unpainted surface occasionally will discharge any anti-static buildup.
Ideally the PSU should be checked first-you need a voltmeter for that though.
Disassemble the system -remove power connectors, cards, cables
Remove the motherboard from the chassis and check that you have no "extra" motherboard standoffs connecting the back of the mobo
Visual check of board for burnt/severed traces, blown capacitors, and whether the cooler is definitely seated correctly. If all good the remove the cooler and cpu
Check socket for bent or broken pins-if you check from all angles any bent/broken pins should be apparent. If you have keen eyesight then check the gold contact pads on the underside of the CPU- they should have slight indentations/scuffs from making contact with the socket pins. All good then...
Reassemble outside of chassis with bare essentials for POST
-CPU
-Cooler
-Graphics
-1 stick RAM
-keyboard (pref PS/2 or use adapter as some Giga boards need USB kb enabled in BIOS)
-connect GPU to monitor
Power up. If no POST then recheck with remaining RAM
Retest with remaining RAM sticks

If you can POST -I can see no reason why you would try to install an OS without being able to get the BIOS up- then it sounds like the board is malfunctioning as- have you set the BIOS to "optimised defaults"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ga58x-ud7-wont-post.142043/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi hoping to get some help here my desktop manchine would not boot today it is a xfx 680i LT sli motherbored with a intel Q6600 in it, a xfx 8800gts graphics card and 3gb of memory.

when i try to boot it, it get as far as saying "main processor" and then just stops.

anyone got any ideas?

glen

A:Freezes on the post test?

Failed hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-on-the-post-test.143951/
Relevancy 20.21%

here is a little info first

server is running windows 2003
this is a duplicate of a drive that used to work on the server
Tape works on another server and drive
were are using NTBackup
tapes are fine
drive is new and this is the second one
server is not connected to the internet
NOTHING IS BEING DONE ON THIS SERVER WHILE THIS IS GOING ON.

The problem: i place a tape into the drive, then on the server i open ntbackup and go to restore when trying to catalog this tape it would give you a Device Busy mount is waiting (unable to attach screen print) we tried updating drivers, replaced the drive another new one, cables, terminater and scsi card. to no avail, anyone know what the problem is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pv-110t-lto2-mount-waiting-message.143941/