Windows Support Forum

my laptop turns on then suddenly turns off.

Q: my laptop turns on then suddenly turns off.

my laptop turns on then suddenly turns off after few seconds. any suggestion regarding this issue? is this a common issue on hp laptop? thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-laptop-turns-on-then-suddenly-turns-off/td-p/5761152
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my laptop turns on then suddenly turns off.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 99.33%

When I play game or listen to music, It suddenly turns off sound. If I hit the mute button and hit again, It will OK. Or, I change the volume, It works.But after time, It turns off.Is this hardware or software problem. I remember that everything is OK before I bring my laptop to Clean Center. What should I do? I'm using Windows 8.1, my laptop is ThinkPad T410.
Thank you!

A:My Laptop suddenly turns off sound

This was an old issue I had. I fixed it by updating my sound driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/58838-my-laptop-suddenly-turns-off-sound.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi,
my laptop crashes shortly after logon window or startup but not in safe mode. I tried sysconfig but didnt get any result. I dont know which program or service is the cause.I reinstalled windows but the problem persists. in one of these crashes I got driver-rql-not-less-or-equal blue screen.now I am sending this post in safe mode.I would be grateful if you help me.I attached my dmp files for analysis.thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383465-my-laptop-turns-out-suddenly-shortly-after-boot.html
Relevancy 98.04%

i'm not exactly sure what is causing this but almost every time my laptop is shut down, the wifi disappears. the way i fix it is by running the troubleshooter for hardware and it says to restart so it can redownload the drivers but it's annoying considering i have to do this every single time it shuts off. plus, sometimes it gets so bad i have to restore my laptop to a different point in time because the troubleshooting doesn't work sometimes.i don't know if it's a virus or something else on my laptop that's doing this but i would really like for it to be fixed since it's extremely annoying and repetitive to be dealing with. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-disappears-whenever-laptop-suddenly-turns-off/td-p/5724918
Relevancy 98.04%

ASUS. Battery keeps power for about 1.5 hours so I assume it's not dead. Charger charges.
1 Occurrence: I was in VLC player, charger on. Suddenly laptop shuts off, power led stays. Shut it off (properly) by keeping button then luckily turned on again.
2 Occurrence: Several days later VLC was opened again when it shut off. Power led stays, but now can't do anything to turn it on. Pulled out battery, done that 45 seconds thing, put back again. Can't turn on it just that power led lights up. Just kept it that way for hours, laptop was warm...and then all of a sudden it turned on.
3 Occurrence: Turned off doing daily things, doesn't turn on no matter how long I wait. Damn it.
Fan not working, cpu heats up a bit like it pretends to be working, dust cleaned inside. Always just that power led works when button pushed with battery or just charger in.
Whats happening?

A:Laptop shuts off, won't turn on..suddenly turns on

will it work with battery removed and just running off mains?
other thought is it is overheating and needs a good clean out of the fan and heatsink.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-shuts-wont-turn-suddenly-turns-4597997/
Relevancy 97.61%

After getting a couple blue screens I am having the following issue When I turn my computer on the fans and drives all start up After approx seconds the computer shuts itself off After another seconds the computer turns itself back on again This time it stays on but i have no monitor output I don t hear a beep video Computer on has turns then turns no output off back on, turns but which tells me it is probably not posting I have read a few other threads that have a similar issue but not the same I am thinking it is either the mobo GPU or PSU I would like any guidance and assistance that you guys can give me on this specifically what i should look at first and how to diagnose Thanks system specs below ASUS P Q Pro ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor EVGA GeForce GTX Core -P - -AR Video Card Antec EA W Power Supply OCZ GB x GB -Pin DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Memory nbsp

A:Computer turns on, turns off then turns back on but has no video output

Motherboard Short

I have helped somebody who had a similar issue and it was the motherboard being shorted out by the case. We took the motherboard out of the case and it booted up just fine. Something you might want to try before purchasing new components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-turns-off-then-turns-back-on-but-has-no-video-output.152198/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hey everyone My laptop it s an HP Pavilion dv running Windows recently started having this terrible problem What happens is that I m doing something totally non computer-intensive when all of a sudden the screen just turns black and a second or two later shuts off It seems as though if I don t use it for shuts Laptop suddenly black, off Windows then turns 7 a couple of days and then boot it up Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off it doesn t have the problem Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off But once I turn it off and turn it Windows 7 Laptop suddenly turns black, then shuts off on again it happens For example yesterday after not using it for about two weeks I had it on for about an hour or two before turning it off on my own Today I was on the internet reading an article and had my virus software McAfee running a scan I thought it was going to be okay as if it was going to go black and turn off it would have done so already But within - minutes of it being on it did just that it went black and turned off I turned it on again curious to see how long it would take to happen this time I made it to the desktop before it went black and shut off after about - minutes Another thing of interest is that when it is on it is very slow much slower than usual And another thing A long while back I had set my desktop so that it would change pictures every minutes I forgot exactly when this started but the images don t change anymore I thought it was just a mild annoyance but I m wondering if it s a symptom of the overall issue A couple other things I had some system restore points before but when I checked yesterday it said I didn t have any And sometimes a window comes up before my laptop goes black and shuts off but I don t have time to even see what it says What in the world is going on Is it a virus trojan spyware etc Or something related to the hardware going faulty I do know that the battery died a long time ago so the only way I keep the computer on is plugging it in The moment it s unplugged the computer is off Is there any way to reclaim my laptop I ve read about wiping the hard drive and re-installing Windows but I don t know how to wipe the hard drive nor did my laptop come with a Windows disk Sorry about the long post but I wanted to include as much detail as possible in the case that it may help diagnosing the problem ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ P S - I had posted the above question on another forum and had gotten one reply The reason I m posting in this forum is because the last one was not at all very active and I m just trying to get as much help and as fast as possible thus posting the problem in multiple forums Anyway the one reply on the other forum said it could be virus spyware could also be heat thats causing the shutdown once the laptop gets too hot thermal protection kicks in shutting it down to prevent damage check your vents for dust and either use a can of air to clean it or use a vacuum to suck out the dust another to try is boot to safemode use for a awhile if it shuts down then its likely heat related for sure as for reclaiming your laptop HP restart laptop and press F then select recover pc only do this if you rule out or fix your current problem as you dont want it to shutdown while is running recovery ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My reply was thus Hey thanks for replying and helping I really appreciate it And sorry it s taken me so long to reply I ve been really busy I tried what you said and booted to each of the three Safe Modes Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt In fact I booted to each of these three modes multiple times Not once did t... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-suddenly-turns-black-then-shuts-off.1007985/
Relevancy 96.32%

I have a two year old Dell Inspiron R Today while adjusting the screen in a normal fashion I noticed something putting upward pressure from below the top right part After and Randomly Damage Physical Trying Fix to Dell15R Turns Laptop to Suddenly Off of the keyboard Laptop Randomly and Suddenly Turns Off After Trying to Fix Physical Damage to Dell15R it was actually pressing the quick launch buttons that are there because it was pushing up from under them Later the screen hinge on the bottom right burst out of the laptop encasing Laptop Randomly and Suddenly Turns Off After Trying to Fix Physical Damage to Dell15R Since it was sticking out I could see that the hinge had become dislodged from where it is screwed in so the hinge was pushing up whenever i moved the screen back I opened the case to check it out I saw that the cylinder that the hinge screws screw into had cracked and broken so that the screws were just hanging off the hinge There was one lone screw that still had a spot but it must have slipped out from constant moving I took the free screws out and screwed in the lone screw as a temporary fix I also unhooked the ribbon cable that connected the three quicklaunch buttons to the mobo so that they couldn t be accidently pressed anymore this laptop shipped with win and when i updated to win those buttons become mostly useless I then closed the case thinking everything would be fine since I fixed the hinge for now After a couple mins of computer I botted up civ and before the game started my computer suddenly flickered off I let it rest for a bit because I didn t know what could have happened but a few mins later i started it up again and it started without problem I tried civ again and it just turned off Now i became worried so i took the keyboard out again and decided to cut the ribbon cable for the quicklaunch buttons because I thought maybe leaving that wire free was causing a problem I booted my laptop up again and it turned off again suddenly while I was using google chrome This time it refused to turn on I thought maybe the mobo was fried so I removed the battery and A C adaptor and set my laptop down and went somewhere to quietly cry I tried booted it up again and it turned and here I am now wondering what I must have done wrong Any ideas on what s going on nbsp

A:Laptop Randomly and Suddenly Turns Off After Trying to Fix Physical Damage to Dell15R

Sounds like its overheating and shutting off. Check to make sure the cooling fan is working and not being obstructed by anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-and-suddenly-turns-off-after-trying-to-fix-physical-damage-to-dell15r.1100559/
Relevancy 94.6%

I have an external DVD CDRW drive that keeps being added then removed added then removed. That is all that it does. You know how Windows XP does. It plays that little two tone sound each time a device is added or removed...it is so annoying. I cannot use the drive as it does not stay "added" long enough. I am stumped...I have never heard anything like it. Have you?

A:External DVD CDRW Drive turns off, turns on, turns off...etc.

Did the unit ship with drivers? ?
It also might be a cable issue. Inspect that cable or try a new one and or another USB port. If you have it on the front of the case try it on a rear USB port. I've seen machines where the front ports carried less power than the rear ones.

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-dvd-cdrw-drive-turns-off-turns-on-turns-off-etc.24677/
Relevancy 92.88%

I have an older Compaq laptop that usually works fine, but now when I press the power button it just lights up a few of the lights, makes an odd beeping noise and immediately turns off. Nothing appears on the display and it never goes farther than that. I?ve tried a "hard reset" and reseating the ram modules, but neither worked and I have no idea where to go from here.

A:laptop turns on for 1-2 seconds then turns off

Welcome nabbed_clones.

Could you mention the make and model of your laptop please and explain what the odd beeping noise is (e.g., is it a quick one beep noise, or long beep noise, or many different beeps?) Any other sounds?

(Have you tried turning on the laptop with the mains power plugged in and the battery out?).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-on-for-1-2-seconds-then-turns-off-582508.html
Relevancy 85.57%

MoBo Asus P AD -E Memory CORSAIR turns PC off Suddenly MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Video GeForce GT Processor Intel pentium GHz PSU Aspire Watt My computer would Suddenly turn off not restart just off When I would play my game World of Warcraft or Webcam with PC Suddenly turns off my friend It would not do it immediately it would be about - minutes into whichever one I was doing then turn PC Suddenly turns off off When I go to turn it on again It would turn on but not boot then shut off again It would not be able to boot again for another minutes or so Sometimes but not all the time when I am able to get it to boot again it says it s over-heated Other times it will Say quot Overclocking Failed quot other times after turning it back on it runs completely normally I have cleaned the extremely thick layer of dust on the heatsink and all fans in the case Checked the memory and made sure there were no physical obstructions of any kind it s just frustrating I can t do the things I like to do on my computer I d kick it but even though that d make me feel better for a little while it d make the problem worse nbsp

A:PC Suddenly turns off

Yeah, it sounds like an overheating issue alright. The only thing i could think of to fix it would be a better fan or improved cooling system for your computer, but thats just my suggestion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-suddenly-turns-off.62703/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello, hope anyone can help me, my PC is shutting off often, i was thinking it was my PSU, i buy a new one, and the problem persists. I checked out my house voltage to see if it was under or upper limits but it seems ok and constant.

No excess heat seems to be going on the PC, in fact sometimes but not always the shut off comes right after i turn the PC on.
It is just as if i pull out the power cord. No specific program, software or situation seems to be causing the failure.

It just shuts off, no restarting.

Thanks a lot.

My specs:

Pentium D 3.4
1 MB Ram.
ATI X1300 AGP Videocard.
ASUS P5VDC-MX Mobo.
500W PSU.
80 GB HDD1, 40 GB HDD2.
DVD / CD Writer Recorder, etc.

A:My PC turns off suddenly, PSU seems ok

Have you checked for spyware and virus? Run your anti-virus on full scan. Use the following 3 anti-spyware utilities:

Ad-Aware 2007
Spybot Search & Destroy
AVG Anti-Spyware

All are free and can be downloaded via the Internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-turns-off-suddenly-psu-seems-ok.81913/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi I m having trouble with two of my desktops Desktop Problem When all cords and such are plugged in I press the power button The desktop turns on for about - seconds and then HELP! restarts turns repeatedly, black turns on to on and screen Desktop other restarts The bios doesn t flash the os doesn t boot As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely Any ideas what s going on here --Desktop Type HP Pavilion a W I found someone with a similar problem here Desktop Problem HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen I bought some M Dust Remover a few days ago I disconnected power along with everything else from a desktop of mine Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case I put everything back together plugged it in and the desktop doesn t work It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led s stuck on on the front of the desktop The led on the back of the power supply turns on I can hear the hard drive spin up it detects the cd dvd drives floppy drive and then just hangs with the led s stuck on Anyone have an idea what might be going on here --Desktop Type Compaq Presario S NX Thanks for the help I m hoping to get atleast one of these back online w o buying a whole new desktop -Chris nbsp

A:HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen

Hi….

Desktop 1:

Do you see anything on your screen at all while this is happening?

Have you tried to press the setup key to see if the BIOS will come up and make changes?

Do you have any USB devices (other than keyboard or mouse) hooked up? If so, try disconnecting them and see if it will at least POST or attempt to go into the OS.

WARNING: Before checking the capacitors, disconnect the power cord on your system and press & hold the POWER button to allow the power to discharge! Also, you should always ground yourself before touching computer components to prevent static discharge!

Just FYI, some of the motherboards in this series of HP’s have issues with the capacitors.

You should take a look at the capacitors to see if the tops of them are raised or discolored. Also, if you put your finger on the top of the capacitors, they should feel as if they are INDENTED and not flush or raised. Raising or discoloration (up to and including a black tar looking substance on the tops indicate a leaking capacitor).

Desktop 2:

Any POST sounds (beeps) produced at all?

Have you tried the monitor from Desktop 1 on this one?

Anything at all displayed on the monitor, to include CHECK CABLE message?

Recommendation: Open the case again and ensure that all the cards, memory, drive cables and so forth are all connect properly and not loose or dislodged.

Do you know how to RESET your BIOS to default using the onboard jumpers?

Here is a detailed link on troubleshooting this issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&rule=4566&lang=en

Thanks and keep us up-to-date!

Shane

Found another good link:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...788&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=338684&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-desktop-turns-on-and-restarts-repeatedly-other-turns-on-to-black-screen.666195/
Relevancy 84.71%

Trying to build a system for my brother. I put the 3200+ Athlon XP CPU in and with the heatsink. It turns on for maybe a few seconds and then turns off.

People were saying heatsink but I have tried it on 2, one is the ALK-800A, then some CoolerMaster one. I have to admit the CoolerMaster was originally from my 2100+ setup but still, it's all copper.

I do notice when I remove the CPU, it stays turned on. I know pretty sure this CPU works as I tested like hours before I put it in my brothers. Cant do that now since it was a quite a drive back home from college.

Jumpers? Settings? Anything?

Relevancy 84.71%

I HAVE READ OTHER SIMILAR THREADS ------ My PC actually has the fans turns few shuts after on off seconds, PC retarded, back turns lights AND can t even get anywhere on the BIOS gb ram GT GHz Intel Pentium D gb HD CD ROM Foxconn P A mobo My mom took my PC away from me I got it back and it is retarded now I start the PC the fans come on lights are all good then PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on about - seconds it shuts off and then comes back on by itself When I turn the power on the monitor does not show anything at all I have tried many of different things Different PSU problem is not the PSU D C the CD ROM HD so it can t be one of those as PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on a failure stick of RAM my memory is fine Checked ALL of my cables they are connected properly checked many of times unconnected then reconnected alot Replaced the grease between heat sink CPU can t be my CPU or overheating problem Heat sink Fan is properly mounted not loose at all and is flat All of the aluminum capacitors on the mother board are perfectly fine not leaking and PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on are on proper Reset the mother board a few times well thats MOST of the stuff I have done there is probably more but I can t think of what else I have tried at the moment And BTW can t access BIOS so don t ask if I can get into it Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:PC turns retarded, shuts off after few seconds, turns back on

Reset the mother board a few times....Click to expand...

Do you mean you have tried resetting the bios jumper, on the Motherboard?
If not do that.

Also, have you tried disconnecting all HDD; Floppy; CD data cables (from the motherboard end (actually I'd do case fan too and front USB connection to motherboard)
If this works, you will need to put one back in at a time, until you find the problem

Usually this fault is related to faulty Ram or CPU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turns-retarded-shuts-off-after-few-seconds-turns-back-on.100697/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi

My friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off and during that 5 seconds preiod the computer makes a weird noise like beping sound.
His computer is Dell and its XP iam affarid i dont have much of his computers specs. If any one can suggest how he could solve it.

thank you for reading and helping

A:my friends computer turns on for 5 seconds and turns off again automaticly plz help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-friends-computer-turns-on-for-5-seconds-and-turns-off-again-automaticly-plz-help.850533/
Relevancy 84.71%

Somtimes I turn it on and it stays on for about three seconds then turns off then on for another three seconds somtimes the lights are very dim red and the fan barly spins and most of the time it dosnt even turn on. Will this happend to me about three month ago and one day it just started working normally but now its been broken for a while and I tried to fix the power button I seen that was the problem on some forums but that didn't work I tried alot of things but nothing seems to work and just turned it off one day and it stopped working so i dont know if its the power source but just give me something to try please.

A:My comp turns on for 5seconds and turns off or dosnt turn on at all

Have you tried checking on the fan/ ventilation? i use to have this problem with my P3. fan was jam with debris/ dust. when i boot up, it was fine, once i go in to window it freeze. After i got the fan moving (cleaning the dust) it works fine.

Hope it works for you.

Oh, Zenosincks mght have a point there too. Thought my experience was on the CPU. Cheers,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-comp-turns-on-for-5seconds-and-turns-off-or-dosnt-turn-on-at-all.99341/
Relevancy 84.71%

Referring to a Toshiba Tecra 9100, model no: PT910E-602SF-EN

The power button normally doesn?t turn it on at all, though occasionally it boots up normally, starts to load windows, then always cuts out after 5-15 seconds anyway.

It still charges up the batteries fine, but won?t turn on. I?ve checked the ram, hard-drive, and I re-set the bios to defaults - nothing stops it from cutting out if you can get it to turn on.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Any help appreciated, it?s the second time one I?ve had - the same problem last time!

Thanks

A:Tecra 9100 turns on intermittently, and turns off after 10-15 seconds

Hey,

Have you already tried cleaning the fan? Maybe a lot of dust is blocking the fan so the notebook can?t start and turns off itself due a higher temperature. It would be worth a try cleaning it.

But in my opinion you have everything done what you can do and it looks like a mainboard malfunction. If cleaning the fan doesn?t help I think the mainboard is defective or something else. If you are familiar with notebook disassembling you can try to repair it yourself with second hand parts. Otherwise it?s time for a new notebook I think?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61352-Tecra-9100-turns-on-intermittently-and-turns-off-after-10-15-seconds
Relevancy 84.28%

hello, i have installed 2 case fans to have to air flow. and when i booted the pc couple of mins later, it suddenly turns off. i unplug both of the case fans and did the same thing.
thanks

A:computer turns off suddenly

It does sound like a heat issue but just putting fans in the case may not help. It really sounds like the Processor is overheating. So check the fan on the heatsink, make sure it is working, spinning, and try blowing out the fins on the heatsink.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253259-computer-turns-off-suddenly.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Sometimes when I power-up my pc everything goes on (fans, HDDs, MOBO..) 2-3 sec later it shuts (won't even get to the bios boot screen) then few seconds later it will turn itself on and stay on (log into windows..)

As I stated before it happens sometimes, any suggestion?

A:PC turns off suddenly when booting

The first thing I think of with that symptom is your power supply.

Now normally I would suggest that your power supply could be failing, and that might still be the case, but when I saw that you have only a 450W supply and the components you are trying to run off of it that raises the possibility that the power supply might be just too small for your system. And the older that supply is the more of an issue the size becomes.

Go here: eXtreme Power Supply Calculator and fill out the form to calculate the size your supply should be for your system. The most important box to fill out accurately is the "Capacitor Aging" at the end. That is where the age factor gets worked in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/186192-pc-turns-off-suddenly-when-booting.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I only had the Internet pulled up and was filling out a form online. And all of a sudden my computer just turned off. This never happened before. I unplugged it and back in and still nothing. I moved it to another outlet and still nothing. My husband tested the power supply with a bolt meter and the power supply has power coming through it. What could be the issue? Could it be the motherboard??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-19-2304-Suddenly-Turns-Off/td-p/5730206
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello there My firewall I think turns off after a few minutes online I would navigate to START connect to show all connections and then I would see the status of my Suddenly Firewall Turns Off firewall At the first few minutes I would see the monitor icon with quot padlock quot icon with it and along with it Firewall Suddenly Turns Off saying quot connected-firewalled quot but then after a few minutes if I would check it again it then has no quot padlock quot icon and the Firewall Suddenly Turns Off quot connected-firewalled quot status together with it is also GONE Does this mean my firewall if off I have installed ZoneAlarm recently hoping that my issue about this firewall would be resolved but still no chance relief I am still having this problem Before when I still did not installed ZoneAlarm I would still get the same quot disappearing padlock icon quot but if I would check on the Security Center the status of my windows firewall is turned on Is there anybody there experiencing the same problem I have Please help Thanks and regards

A:Firewall Suddenly Turns Off

Hello jzach28,I see you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.You shouldn't make any changes to your system, while your HJT log is posted, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team. If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112062/firewall-suddenly-turns-off/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,
This is my first post on your site and I'll be glad if you can help me with my problem.
My monitor is turning off for no reason and I cannot locate the problem. My windows keeps working, but my monitor is switching off. My configuration is:

Motherboard: ABIT IS7-E2
CPU: CelD 2.4 GHz
GPU: Gainward Geforce 6200(512MB RAM)
RAM: 2x512MB (512MB(400MHz) ; 512MB(533MHz))
Soundcard: Creative Audigy ZS
TV Tuner: K-World RF 878

In addition to this I have attached my mini.dmp file.
Thanks in advance,
Dejan.

A:Suddenly my monitor turns off!

What kind of monitor is it? Brand? Model? LCD OR CRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suddenly-my-monitor-turns-off.58402/
Relevancy 83.42%

I have this problem on my desktop computer. the CPU will boot fine and it'll reach the desktop. however, after few minutes of being in the desktop, it'll hangup and suddenly turn off, giving you in the monitor saying "there is no signal". The cpu LED turns off but the power LED is still on. The next time you turn on the pc, it wont boot and the cpu LED wont turn on either. however, if you left it first for about a few hours, it will boot up again until the desktop and a few minutes, will hang up and turn off again. Is there a problem in my CPU or mobo?

A:CPU suddenly turns off after booting the desktop

Welcome to the forums chris1017.
This sounds like a heat problem. Make sure the fan on your cpu is running.
You can boot into the bios and check the temperatures and voltages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-suddenly-turns-off-after-booting-the-desktop.1059225/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi!
I've got a problem:
Sometimes (not always :approve when I turn my PC off, it suddenly turns on again. It's a bit anoying, although the computer itself works fine. So, I have to plug it off every time I turn the PC down for me not to have to turn it off again.
Well... Does anyone know how to fix it or what may cause it?

I have a
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6000
1 GB x 2 DDR2 - 800
Asus P5K-SE
XFX GeForce 8600 GT (XXX Edition)
WD 160 GB SATA II
Pioneer DVR-212D
SevenTeam 420W
Creative SoundBlaster Live! 5.1

Thanks!

A:Computer turns on suddenly after shutting down

Either it's faulty power supply or you just need to load setup (CMOS) defaults (which will put the power options back to the default settings)

When you first start your computer, you'll see a prompt to go into CMOS (ie Hit DEL or F2 or some other key)

In there just load setup defaults (or optimized defaults)
Save and Exit (or just press F10 function key)

Test again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-on-suddenly-after-shutting-down.105407/
Relevancy 83.42%

My laptop started first with intermittent charge, I thought it was a issue of the charger, but after almost a week it started to turns off. After it, I need to connect the charger to wake it up, I couldn't do it otherwise.Please help!HP Envy Sleekbook 14-k002la

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-Sleekbook-suddenly-turns-off/td-p/5598531
Relevancy 83.42%

I have Windows Vista SP Home premium bit on my laptop and lately it has been doing a very strange thing All of a sudden my screen goes completely white and the only way to get rid of it is to hit the quot show desktop quot button on my keyboard then right click the button that has appeared on my taskbar that says quot blank page-Internet Explorer quot and click quot close quot from the menu Why is it doing this Can anybody help me I was talking with people on bleepingcomputer com about this but we never found an answer I have ran several recommended scans and one scan found a trojan and deleted it however the blank page is still happening and with even more frequency than before Oh I also tried updating my video driver at their instruction and turns my suddenly screen white..... I'm not positive that I did this correctly as nothing on the list was suddenly my screen turns white..... actually called a quot video quot driver and I'm not completely literate with computers lol so I updated something like NVDIA or something like that Thank you Karen

A:suddenly my screen turns white.....

I have sony vaio new laptop windows home premium. Suddenly, my computer screen turns white at times. Today I went to firefox and everything turned white. I restarted the computer to get my normal screen back. I don't know why this happens. if you get it solved, please post an answer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suddenly-my-screen-turns-white-293122.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi all I have just upgraded from turns Windows 7 x64 - suddenly PC Ultimate off XP to Win with a clean install After installing all the updates the only problem I seem to be left with is the computer will suddenly shut off as if turned off at the mains before restarting on its own Kernel Power - ID problem This happens randomly such as when I first boot up when I'm mid-game after playing for a couple of hours when the screen saver is on when I'm doing nothing etc - you get the idea It never did this when I was running it on XP And yes the computer is more than capable of running x Ok - spec Intel Quad Core i - GHz not over-clocked GB Ram -bit operating system Win Ultimate - my own freshly bought full OEM retail version Nvidia GeForce GTX SE running x monitors Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - PC suddenly turns off GB HD That's about it - pretty simple set-up I am running cooling fans in total so over-heating is not an issue processors run around - C Computer was bought around Feb March time as a custom build from an on-line store Was running XP without a hitch installed by myself until I upgraded to Win last weekend Maybe it is worth noting that XP was not over-written as I thought it would be when I installed - it is still on the hard drive I get the choice of which operating system to use on boot-screen Suggested dump programs etc attached I hope that is all the information needed and many thanks in advance for the help Dan

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - PC suddenly turns off

...and again. This time I had a brief glimmer of a BSOD, too

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191189-windows-7-ultimate-x64-pc-suddenly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi First of all I do not have an antivirus software installed in my computer that is why I am pretty sure there is something wrong going in my laptop I am working with windows xp Service Pack Here is the problem my laptop sometimes Shuts down without asking Not in the sense that it shows you the shutdown window No I just see suddenly my laptop out of electricity and the screen turns to dark I have a Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware installed in my pc and it has twice gave me a trojan a alert But I do not remeber the name of the trojan because it is not appearing anymore Another thing is when I try to visit antvirus websites most of them do not open for me I do not know if the virus or the trojan is that smart to know that My internet conncetion usually gets slow I am feeling really frustrated because when I am in the middle of something important the secreen suddenly turns to black Also when I want to use Ctrl Alt Delete I get the following error message Task Manage has been disabled by your administrator Any help would be appreciated Below is the content of the DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by x xp at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV Webroot Internet Security Essentials On-access scanning disabled Updated E C F- CCA- - -BDBC AD FW Webroot Internet Security Essentials disabled - A - DD-BADD-A CABCDEAE FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Running Processes C Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet tme srv exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices black! screen to suddenly My turns SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system TPSMain exeC Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet TMEPROP exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeC Program Files Linksys WUSB WUSB exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeC PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings x xp Desktop dds EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ae uSearch Page hxxp www google comuSearch Bar hxxp www google com ieuInternet Settings ProxyServer proxy emirates net ae uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q smSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieBHO IDMIEHlprObj Class c - - b-a bf- b c a a - c program files internet download manager IDMIECC dllBHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Real Madrid News Toolbar dd f- - - c - f - c program files real madrid news tbReal dllBHO My screen suddenly turns to black! C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla tfswshx dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO CNisExtBho Class ecb - f - bbc- d- ddf e... Read more

A:My screen suddenly turns to black!

Please, close this thread as I am going to seek a help from another forumThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297770/my-screen-suddenly-turns-to-black/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello guys and girls I have an issue since some times that I really don't know how to solve In November I bought in Poland where I live a nice TOSHIBA SATELLITE L -A- Q PSKJNE On this computer although something is constantly causing me problems very often the power shuts down suddenly while on battery even if the app quot TOSHIBA PC health monitor quot which also monitors CPU temperature does not show any suddenly Satellite battery on L50-A-16Q while My turns off sign of criticality However there is something abnormal My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery going on I have noticed thanks to this software that every time I unplug the charger the My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery fan speed goes to zero apparently putting the system cooling at risk And I know from the manual that if the processor temperature My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery reaches a critical level the system automatically shuts down Is there anyway to fix the problem in order not to shut it down suddenly making me lose data while on battery Maybe turning on fan speed somehow while on this mode Thank you every one very much for your contribution in advance Kind Regards Matteo

A:My Satellite L50-A-16Q turns off suddenly while on battery

Hi Matteo

On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there. It would be interesting to know exact battery capacity when this happen.

Using advanced power options you can change many important values so I recommend you to test all this. Try to use notebook with power saver power plan and lower CPU activity.
I don't know if the CPU or any other hardware component reach critical temperature level but please be careful how do you use your machine. Cooling fans must be free and your notebook must be able to ?take a breath?.

Try to test usage with different power plans and using it on the desk only, not placed on the knees or your bed.

By the way: cooling fan activity can be defined in advanced power settings > Toshiba power saver > cooling method. Check it out.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81648-My-Satellite-L50-A-16Q-turns-off-suddenly-while-on-battery
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello everybody.
I recently bought a second hard drive for my machine. The previous one I had is now a secondary drive, meaning I am booting from the new one and using the older one for data storage.

I have noticed that for some weird reason, the older drive sudddenly stops working when I'm not using it! I can clearly hear how it stops completely as if I had turned off the entire machine. When I try to access it to see what's wrong, it just turns on before I can diagnose it. Is this normal? Is the second drive about to die?

A:Hard drive suddenly turns off o_Ô

It could be power saving feature, but I'm not sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252990-hard-drive-suddenly-turns-off-o_o.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi Please help me with what is wrong with my activation This is the MGADiag result Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - -HB G - YQG-C J Windows Product Key Hash fgb B riRRzJ kMcWdqi j Os Windows Product ID - - - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type Retail Windows OS version ID CF D - D - C - -B CE B E Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Win turns 7 activated, non-genuine OEM suddenly PRO Data-- gt ThreatID s Win 7 PRO OEM activated, suddenly turns non-genuine N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt CF D - D - C - -B CE B E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -C J lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt G MT-S lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Award Software International Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt CBE F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt SE Asia Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - F- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Home and Student lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt A B C F EBF lt Val gt lt Hash gt gxQMBD DpBTLvOppQxLsBQZUkbc lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID bc - dc - d-b - cbacbeccd Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http... Read more

A:Win 7 PRO OEM activated, suddenly turns non-genuine

This isn't an OEM install - its a retail licence. What makes you think its an OEM licence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/251681-win-7-pro-oem-activated-suddenly-turns-non-genuine.html
Relevancy 82.99%

So, I installed Vista yesterday and it was working like a charm and last night I turned the computer off.

I woke up this morning, pressed the power button, lights/fans/computer came on for a few seconds (3 seconds approximately) and then the computer just shut off instantly, then another 3 secondsish later it turned back on and did the same thing, and it keeps doing it.
The only way I could fix it was by unplugging the power cable and turning off the switch at the power socket, I thought it may was a one-off thing.

I left the computer on, got back about 6 hours later and the computer was off (nobody turned it off, no power blackouts etc), I turned it on and it did the same thing. So I had to turn it off at the power etc and it boots up fine and it works.

This wasn't happening until I installed Vista.

Thanks in advance.

A:Computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off [loop]

I just realised, I haven't been shutting the computer down, just been clicking the power button in the Start Menu (which I have just realised isn't shut down - hovered over it: Keeps your session in memory and puts the computer in a low-power state so that you can quickly resume working). I'm fair sure this is "Sleep" (Vista noob).
I just went into Power Options and saw that Sleep was set to 1 hour, so I'm assuming:

* Last night I put my computer into sleep
* Today it went into sleep by itself (after 1 hour)

Therefore it's a problem with the sleep mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-turns-on-for-a-few-seconds-then-turns-off-loop-388872.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Seems I have the same issues as "someonedying" had,

here's my spec.

CPU - Intel Core i5 760 - LGA1156
MoBo - ASUSTeK P7P55D-E LX
RAM - 2pcs of Corsair Dual-Channel DDR3 2GB
VidCard - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
PSU - Fortron/FSP Everest 80Plus 800

when I turn my computer on, all the lights, the fans together with the MoBo lights turns on for 1 second, then it turns off for 3-4 seconds then turns on again until the OS loads..

when I restart my computer, this doesn't happen anymore.. It only occur when I completely turn the computer and UPS off..

I bought this system a month ago. I have to option to bring this to the shop where I bought it but I want to know what the possible issues are.. Most of computer shops here in our country replaces some parts w/o the owner's knowledge.. >.<

Please help.. Thanks =)

A:My PC, turns off for 3 seconds after turning on then turns back on

Seriously, I'd take this back to the shop and have them fix this at their expense. I would also take note of the parts you have now and compare them when it is returned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-turns-off-for-3-seconds-after-turning-on-then-turns-back-on.157147/
Relevancy 82.99%

I just swapped my PSU and GPU with RMA ones, swapped out all power cables with new ones and reconnected everything.Tested PSU by itself. It works.It was working prior to me taking out the parts for RMA, but one of those hardware were causing shut-downs.Now when I push the button power after putting in the new parts and connecting everything, it'll start up then stays shut off with the 2 phase LEDs lit up. A green and a yellow.Any suggestions to what the problem is?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158604.0.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I m looking for some advice and guidance I am not a technical expert on computer hardware I understand the basics and that s about the extent of it My current PC is a Dell desktop tower it runs Windows it uses an Intel Core Duo processor It is a few years old I d estimate or years old I plug my PC into a Belkin surge protector multi-outlet device which plugs into the wall electrical outlet My problem is that recently the PC randomly has been instantly powering-down and then a few seconds later powering-up again and rebooting This happens twice or turns then randomly turns quickly PC off on itself back times a day on average I have no explanation for it I do know that it s highly annoying and I m concerned and want to do something to fix this problem before any permanent damage occurs to PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my PC Last week I searched the internet PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on briefly for advice and the two possible causes that popped-up in search results were A overheating or B issues with the power cord Given that over the past week in my spare time I have totally rerouted all the cords and wires behind PC randomly turns off then quickly turns itself back on my computer desk to ensure that no wires were tangling pulling or weighing-down on the power cord for my PC I also totally dusted out the cabinet and backside of the PC tower and gently vacuumed the quot fan quot area on the back of the PC to ensure it was free of dust and lint I removed some random objects from the PC cabinet CD s mice keyboard etc to ensure that there was plenty of quot airflow quot around the PC tower presumably to ensure no overheating I rerouted several electronics that previously shared the Belkin multi-outlet device to another electrical outlet in the room I m not sure if any of these actions was helpful or not but I know that my PC is still having the same original power-off power-on issue no change I also updated and ran the quot Malwarebytes quot anti-malware software and the full scan showed no infections problems identified I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help or advice I ve owned several PC s over the past decade or so and I ve never encountered this problem with any of them nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys I need help, during startup Windows Firewall turns off upon system startup and then turns back on a few minutes later, then network connections open up to finish up my bootup process. I have SP3, and this little problem is causing my computer to startup slowly significantly. I have tried scanning for viruses and spyware and have found none, so I really don't know what's causing this to happen.

A:Firewall turns off and upon startup and then turns back on

That's normal, in my experience.

Not just with Windows firewall but any other firewall I've played with...the network connection is the last line of system defense when the system boots.

The firewall won't allow contact with the Internet...until the system is totally setup and out of danger. The firewall activates (along with the other startup items), then the network connection is made.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/348323/firewall-turns-off-and-upon-startup-and-then-turns-back-on/
Relevancy 82.99%

Today i got this Gateway W350a T-Series T-1625 Notebook,
the client told me tha it just stopped working .
so i turn her on an the fan starts for about 3 seconds the lights
turn on too but then she turns off the screen stays black because
it turns off so quick has anybody had this issue before ?Im going
to take her apart and make sure everything is ok inside but im allways
looking for advised.

Thanks for any help in advanced

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-turns-off-for-a-quick-second-than-turns-off.1044369/
Relevancy 82.99%

My computer turns off then pressed again and turns on fine. This maybe due i went cheap and got a psu with case but i believe it needs to warm up for it to turn on.

Thanks for the help!

Relevancy 82.56%

Whenever I turn use my camera, everything will be fine for the first few seconds to minutes then it'll freeze and pink bars start to appear. The video also distorts like some sort of film slip. This has been happening for about a week. I've already tried updating, uninstalling and re-installing my graphics card to no avail.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Webcam-suddenly-freezes-and-turns-pink/td-p/5638485
Relevancy 82.56%

This has happened to me a few times already The first time was shuts Computer turns suddenly off on and back in February Then it happened yesterday Today it happened again The symptoms are always the same The computer would suddenly shut off without warning The power light would go out completely but then it would turn itself back on The computer would make a Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly weird noise Hard to explain It's like it's trying Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly to run something But it's not the usual quot whirrrrr quot sound I typically hear when it's busy I wish I could explain it better Looking at the Event Logs I noticed this for each of the times it blacked out like this ACPI thermal zone ACPI ThermalZone THRM has been enumerated PSV K TC TC TSP ms AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K AC K CRT K HOT K PSL - see Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly event data Could this be an overheating issue Or maybe a power supply issue

A:Computer shuts off and turns back on suddenly

please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285887-computer-shuts-off-turns-back-suddenly.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello
I have a PC with BENQ senseeye3 led monitor .... as i was playing gta5 today and out of a sudden i started to see that my monitor is filled with colored dots and spaces and started to hear a strange noise ... so i forecfully restarted my pc and thr same thing happened as soon as windows 7 logo appeared but this time after few seconds the monitor showed &quot;signal can not be detected&quot; ....
I restarted for the second time this time using safe mode .... the monitor has green lines all over ... and i can only run on safe mode ... normal mode freezes

I checked cables ... they seem ok ..
I reinstalled nvidiq driver ... no change at all
My gpu is nvidia geforce 9800 gt

So please whats wrong? Is it a hardware or software problem and where exactly?

A:my monitor suddenly turns into colors then shuts off ..

Tried "Last Known Good Configuration" in F8 menu?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373132-my-monitor-suddenly-turns-into-colors-then-shuts-off.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi folks I posted on here before after I was having trouble with problems when my computer suddenly turn off Through a Mem test I found that one of my gb RAM sticks was faulty I have removed this and sent it back under warranty However it has not really cured my problems The computer will still suddenly just shut off as if it was turned off at the wall Then it will restart and ask whether I want to 'Start Windows Normally' etc Sometimes I will get a brief glimpse of a BSOD but usually I will just suddenly see a Win7 restart suddenly on turns x64 PC off/Recovery Ultimate - black screen Also on occasion the computer will hesitate when starting - I'll hear the fans spool up and down as it seems to struggle to draw power dodgy power unit This can happen on a fresh start or after it's crashed As well as this after starting up from fresh following a clean shut-down usually the next day the computer is starting to run recovery programs or disk checks on start-up This sometimes happens following the crash but as I say following a reboot after a normal shutdown I usually let it do this but these are Win7 Ultimate x64 - PC suddenly turns off/Recovery on restart new and becoming more frequent And finally I usually run three screens to play EvE On-line These will sometimes individually crash which is another new thing When I was running WinXP I had none of these problems So it's all happened since installing Win Please help Stats -Win x -Installed over original Windows XP OS -Full retail version -Computer was brand new in March this year -Win has been installed for about a couple of weeks -i Quad Core GHz - gb of RAM normally gb but second stick has been sent of under warranty

A:Win7 Ultimate x64 - PC suddenly turns off/Recovery on restart

I have made accidental progress on my issue. I just put my headphones down and knocked a small ornament onto the computer. It did it's shutting-down thing. When it started reboot I gave the top of the computer a thump. Took the panel off and then gave the power unit a (gentle!) thump when it started up again. Same thing! So, a dodgy power unit! I fiddle with cables but it didn't repeat the problem, so I'm guessing the problem is internal. This is covered under warranty, but is it worth pulling the unit apart myself to see if it's a simple problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193211-win7-ultimate-x64-pc-suddenly-turns-off-recovery-restart.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey can anyone help me out here My operating system is Vista My computer suddenly goes into a blue screen and says that there is something critical in my system and will shut down to prevent A Shuts Blue Screen Computer Into Please Down! Suddenly And Turns Help My Me, data loss So I let it shut down I reboot in safe mode and I find that Windows Security tells me that Please Help Me, My Computer Suddenly Turns Into A Blue Screen And Shuts Down! the entire Security System is turned off I tried turning it back on but an error message pops up I used Tune Up and did a system restore I rebooted and it said that the system restore was successful but then the next day the same thing happened What am I supposed to do --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OTHER INFORMATION February - pm I am scanning my computer right now with my original ESET NOD Smart Security then Spybot Search and Destroy then Windows Defender I will post the results as a quot found infection quot or quot did not find infection quot Operating System Vista bit Please help me if you can I don't thing this is a MAJOR thing but I would love to not have to restart my computer every couple hours Thx noelzelda

A:Please Help Me, My Computer Suddenly Turns Into A Blue Screen And Shuts Down!

Scanned with Eset Nod 32, Spybot S&D, and Windows Defender. All with no infections found. What should I do now?{Mod Edit:Moved to more appropriate Forum~~boopme}

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129132/please-help-me-my-computer-suddenly-turns-into-a-blue-screen-and-shuts-down/
Relevancy 80.84%

So I'll be downloading a file at decent (actually probably horrible from other peoples view) speed of 200kb/s, which I'm fine with. Suddenly though, sometimes its near the start of the download of half way in between..the internet will disconnect entirely..on both computers on the network. It will reconnect in about a minute or two and then the download speed is gone. It then always struggles to reach maybe 30 kb/s.

I feel as if there is some guy at my internet company sitting watching peoples speeds and when he sees I'm actually getting a decent speed he cuts me off!!

A:Ridiculous downloading problem. Great speed then suddenly someone turns it off!!!

Well here in Canada there is throttling and deep packet sniffing,Bell throttles from 4 PM until 2AM,unless they have changed that now.
So yes there are mechanisms in place to slow things down,but I don't know if that is what is happening to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ridiculous-downloading-problem-great-speed-then-suddenly-someone-turns-it-off.850041/
Relevancy 79.98%

okay so i am able to turn my computer on for a few seconds but then it automatically shuts itself off after a few seconds but the thing is after letting it sit for a couple seconds it says something about how the clocks on my processor have been overclocked too high and asks if it wants me to restore them, so i do that and then the computer works fine, but then when i turn it off and turn it back on it does the exact same thing until i get that message again.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

i've tried manually reducing the clocks on my cpu even though they were already at stock clocks and that didnt work

system specs:
windows 7 ultimate 64bit
intel core 2 quad q6600 @ 2.4ghz standard clocks
4gb ddr2-800 ram
ati hd 4760 1gb ddr3

please and thank you

A:computer turns on for a few seconds then turns off

Try resetting the bios on the motherboard.

You can do this by opening up the computer and remove the battery and then reinstall. There are also a jump to do the samething, but you have to look at your motherboards manual /user guide to see where it's located.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/246355-computer-turns-few-seconds-then-turns-off.html
Relevancy 79.98%

hello im trying to figure out what is causing this this problem in for few own turns a turns on on computer its Solved: then off my computer i just got a new asrock g m-s r mother board because my old motherboards pci slot stopped working and now after putting everything together the computer will turn on for about seconds and then shuts itself off this is really frustrating any help would be appreciated edit i also want to mention that i bought new ram with the motherboard Edit i Solved: computer turns on for a few then turns off on its own also got it to go into bios once but it shut off while i was in it as well Ok so another edit after searching the forums i have been trying many things to find the problem still cant figure it out tho things i have tried i have removed everything from the motherboard such as Graphics card sound card hard drive dvd drives and the ram even the front panel usb i did this by taking them out one by one never putting them back in and testing by turning it back on this is still very frustrating any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

So when I plug the LAN cord in to the computer the lights on the LAN card turn on. But when I turn on the computer the LAN card turns off. I've installed the most recent drivers and still nothing. Is there something that I am missing?

A:Lan Card Turns off When computer turns on?!

Make and model of computer?
Make and model of the LAN card?

What, if any, error messages are you getting?
Have you gone into Properties for the LAN card to see if it has any diagnostics?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-card-turns-off-when-computer-turns-on.876462/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I own Toshiba Satellite C55-C1984.

Immediatlty after I turn on my laptop, it turns off and turns on again after few seconds with no apparent reason.

Should I worry about this?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91055-Satellite-C55-C1984-turns-off-and-turns-on-again
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok so I m computer and back right on then turns turns off having a problem with building my computer I used to have a working gaming pc but i decided to upgrade so i upgraded my case my motherboard and my PSU After i re-built everything and was planning on turning it on all the fans started spinning and the Led s turned computer turns on and then turns right back off on but only for about seconds it then turned off What i figured out is that whenever my CPU cable is plugged in this happens but when it is unplugged it doesn t shut off but also no Bios shows up The HSF always spins very slowly and slowly stops working My Motherboard doesn t have onboard graphics so i need a GPU Pleeeeeaaaase help me i really want it to work and sorry for the nooby question I have seen similar problems on other Forums but i didn t quite get it and i thought with my specifications it would be easier for me to understand Here are my specs Motherboard gigabyte FXA-UD PSU Corsair RM Processor AMD FX GPU AMD radeon vtx d and case probably unnecessary thermaltake level gt snow edition And ps Pleeeeaaaase help nbsp

A:computer turns on and then turns right back off

Processor: AMD FXClick to expand...

You didn't fully describe the AMD FX processor you have. Here is the supported list of FX processors for that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-then-turns-right-back-off.1130433/
Relevancy 79.98%

First off hello fellow tech peoples Now to business Specs - ASUS Maximus Vi Hero - Intel i - k - NVIDIA GTX Ti - x GB RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum - Corsair H i - Corsair RM PSU The Issue As I ve mentioned the computer either goes -OR- Off Computer On Contin On and Turns Twice and Off Turns into two states it either starts up fine until about error code - CSM Initialization then pops back down to and shuts off It then proceeds to turn on again for a split second before turning all the way off and never back on again The second state is that it turns off again at error code and turns back on but it will infinitely repeat this process Both states do not display anything on screen and do not boot into the BIOS screen Tried and failed solutions - I ve already checked up on the POST Checklist and Computer Turns On and Off Twice -OR- Turns On and Off Contin tried all solutions - Everything is firmly connected everything that CAN be connected IS connected - I ve tried to start it up with every combination of RAM sticks in all slots in slots and a single slot as well as none at all still get the error no RAM installed gives me error - All components are firmly seated in their respective slots - The PSU is a newly acquired one straight out of the box - I ve disconnected each component and tested it without them and have still received the same problem - I ve tried resetting the CMOS battery to no avail - I initially believed it to be an inoperable case fan but I got that working and it still gives me the same problem - I ve also tried plugging in the PSU to both a wall outlet and surge protector Both haven t had any effect If it helps a bit prior to this problem when starting up the computer only the PSU fan would spin for a split second No power to the rest of the motherboard just to the PSU and it wouldn t power on again unless I unplugged the PSU s main cable from the wall I ve been tearing my ears off trying to get this thing to work for the past hours at this point I m absolutely spent I m starting to think that it might be the motherboard that s gone AWOL but I can t tell for sure Any help regarding this is extremely appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-and-off-twice-or-turns-on-and-off-contin.1157475/
Relevancy 79.98%

When I boot up my computer or restart, and not always but most times, audio from my home web page of ESPN comes on. No web pages have been opened. I can adjust the audio. If I go to the web page I can see which videos the audio came from and if I open them they are behind. It just goes away after a bit 5-10 minutes. Any way to know which port is open or if there is a problem. I am on DSL.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-computer-turns-on-web-audio-turns-on-305448.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I leave my computer on for a long times like 1-4 weeks at a time so that may be part of the problem but it doesn't get really hot (it has 7 fans so yea) but back to the problem when its started i turned it on and i wasn't looking and then it turned off (still not looking) and it turned off again and then it on (looking this time) and i saw it booting up then i saw it froze at the windows 7 logo and then either i turned it off or it turned its self off then. Now when i turn it on it turns its self off after few seconds. but when i leave it alone for a day it stays on for 5-15 seconds.
If you can please help me!
my specs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-FX-8350-4-0GHZ-16GB-DDR3-500GB-38496000-/201156598215?

Relevancy 79.12%

HiJack this log is below My computer has slowed way down in the last few weeks and I can't figure out why I'm not sure if all the detail on history will help but here's what I can recall I'm running XP professional bit encryption I believe OS version SP installed over a year ago so not the culprit Product Scanned with cleanmgr Ad-Aware Spybot Trend-Micro Housecall McAfee Stinger Kaspersky Norton Antivirus running ZoneAlarm Slowly Help Very Turns Xp Suddenly Standard Nothing With - Up Running Worm/virus/trojan - Pro Scans Windows updates are current Back in Mid-January McAfee required me to update their quot internet security quot program in order to get new virus definitions McAfee shipped with the computer so I was using it until it expired That is when a lot of problems began Simultaneously I decided to update to IE I also was running ZoneAlarm I needed to do backup - and I have used Ghost as I like the Xp Pro Suddenly Running Very Slowly - Help - Nothing Turns Up With Standard Worm/virus/trojan Scans complete image of the hard drive I first tried Ghost booting from a CD since it was very slow on Jan I decided to try downloading a free copy of Ghost to see if that would speed things Xp Pro Suddenly Running Very Slowly - Help - Nothing Turns Up With Standard Worm/virus/trojan Scans up It didn't and twice it crashed halfway through the nd DVD a very bad crash blue screen and something about a Kernel Page Error or something I was able to recover but XP warned me it had recovered from a serious error I'm not sure what caused this error - later I realized I should have selected quot partition to image quot instead of quot disk to image quot and don't know if that was the problem See below for a chkdsk error report reporting a quot dirty volume quot and the fixes it made I have since made an image using Ghost booting from the CD and just letting it take its time so my harddrive at least the largest partition has been imaged The day after trying to backup with Ghost I went on vacation to see my family On Jan I installed some camera software my brother had which installed Raw File Converter LE and Fine Pix Viewer and possibly other things the first have since been uninstalled Prior to leaving on vacation my system seemed to run fine - no slowing I was burning some DVDs and the speed was high and I was able to do other things on the computer without the severe slowdown I started to notice on Jan On Jan I needed to burn some DVDs and the computer was noticeably slower - DVD burning speed was - times what it had been and the computer was uncharacteristically very slow to respond if I tried to surf the internet etc Once I got back from vacation I started troubleshooting I uninstalled McAfee including finally on Feb using the McAfee tool mcpr exe to complete uninstall After running the tool I got an error message on reboot saying quot One of the files containing the system's registry data had to be recovered by the use of a log or alternate copy the recovery was successful quot After this my ZoneAlarm settings were all gone On Feb at some point I got a message saying that Zonealarm files might be corrupted so I uninstalled and reinstalled Additionally I went into msconfig and using sysopt org to guide me unchecked a number of things that were slowing down startup although they were starting up before my computer slowed down so are unlikely the reason why my computer began running so slowly I also removed using the Add remove programs option in Control Panel any installed Java programs and a number of other programs which have been installed for a long time but which I don't use including MSN messenger which may be while some of the Hijackthis log entries report files being missing I also removed PaperPort viewer I'm not sure whether that shipped with the Dell system or got installed on Jan when I installed some camera software I also installed Firefox and a few days later decided to try uninstalling IE didn't improve anything ran Houseca... Read more

A:Xp Pro Suddenly Running Very Slowly - Help - Nothing Turns Up With Standard Worm/virus/trojan Scans

Since no one's replied yet and since I had to get anti-virus protection (trend micro for now), I'm posting a new hijack this log. I also ran some PC pitstop diagnostics (as shown in the new log) and also ran F-secure's blacklight (beta) which turned up nothing. (This isn't an attempt to bump ... merely to have a correct log here). I also installed Java 6.0 from the Sun website (currently turned off).(If it's of any relevance, I noticed in the msconfig "startup" tab, one of my entries (checked) is blank under "start up item" and "command" and location is HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentVersion\Run. Is this OK? Or is it some suspicious something starting at bootup?)Also: if nothing else, can hijack this experts please tell me how to deal with the "file missing" entries in the log. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 9:42:37 PM, on 2/8/2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\WLKeeper.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Brmfrmps.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\NICCONFIGSVC\NICCONFIGSVC.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AntiVirus 2007\tavsvc.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AntiVirus 2007\Components\tmproxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\AntiVirus 2007\tavui.exeC:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exeC:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exeC:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\jusched.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exeC:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exeC:\Program Files\Dell\Media Experience\PCMService.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = webproxy.XXblockedoutforprivacyxx.edu:3128O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX&#... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80427/xp-pro-suddenly-running-very-slowly-help-nothing-turns-up-with-standard-wormvirustrojan-scans/
Relevancy 77.4%

My computer suddlenly started with this problem, it was working but a week ago happend the first time, I already restarted it to the factory state but laptop still the same and restarts itself. 
My OS is Windows 8.1 64bits

-

System

-
Provider

[ Name]

Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting

[ Guid]

{ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}

[ EventSourceName]

BugCheck

-
EventID

[ Qualifiers]

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x80000000000000

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]

2015-12-06T15:40:10.000000000Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
System

Computer
Workbook

Security

-

EventData

param1
0x000001d3 (0x0000000000000221, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

param2
C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

param3
120615-20953-01

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000001d3 (0x0000000000000221, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report
Id: 120615-20953-01.
Any idea how to fix it?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/78a678b1-e4c3-47b7-b7be-70b7125ee0ab/my-acer-aspire-vn7791g-suddenly-reboots-after-screen-turns-out-blue-and-error-0x000001d3-shows?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 74.82%

I bought my laptop(asus x52j)back in 2010 or 11(I don't remember)but in 2012 a problem occured with the battery so I always have it plugged in since then.I never experienced this problem before:while I was watching a youtube video,my laptop turned off.For a second I thought it was a blackout but my ps4 was still on.I turned the laptop on but it was operating slower than normal,so I restarted it.Everything was running fine for about 10 minutes after the restart but then it turned itself off again.What should I do?Please help me!!!!!!!

A:My laptop turns off itself

HWMonitor is a neat little freeware program that shows temperatures and fan speeds. You can use it to check for overheating issues. If the notebook has never been cleaned out or had the heat paste renewed there's a good chance it's down to that. If not, you could remove the notebook battery and run it on the mains/charger unit to see if it's the battery. (HWMonitor will also give info on the state of the battery you are using.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-turns-off-itself.205753/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, I have an issue with my laptop. It turns off by itself. I would like to have service. I am a student and I need to have my laptop repaired for my studies. Please help.Thank you very much.Valeria

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-turns-off-by-itself/td-p/5811848
Relevancy 74.82%

Just recently I've started having this issue with my laptop where I turn it on and it lights up and everything like it is going to turn on, but then it just keeps rebooting. The screen never turns on either. It just stays black. I'm not sure what the problem is, if I try again later it works fine. Is it overheating or am I missing something?

I'm using an HP Pavilion if that helps any.

A:Laptop turns on, but not really...

It is most likely a bad hard drive... This is very common in laptops

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-but-not-really.158720/
Relevancy 74.82%

i have this older laptop im trying to use for biz and i have updated it with software, and i know it has a bad bttery. my problem is the laptop just turns off when im in the middle of working. i can only think of 2 reasons bad memory or overheating. can any one help me please?!?

A:laptop just turns off Help!!!

overheating is the problem. and this could be due to a fan stuck or large amounts of dust in it.(you said it was old). i would take it down to circuit city or some computer store nearby and have them check it out(unless you wanna risk it yourself). i know it has to be from overheating because my friend had a similiar problem. hope this helps man have a good day

shanked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-just-turns-off-help.653236/
Relevancy 74.82%

Well i start the laptop up, and it decides to turn it self back off, it does this about 1-5 times, and sometimes it doesnt do it at all, im not sure if my battery is low, and it turning it off. Any idea's on how to fix this?

Info
My laptop is:
Windows xp - Professional
Service pack 2
Version 2002
Make - Packard Bell
Thanks.

A:Laptop Turns It Self Off.

Look in the Event Viewer and see what errors are showing up at the time that this is happening. Each error will have its own date and time shown.Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer.On the right side of the page you will see the options Applications, Security, and Systems, double click on Systems. There are eight columns on this page, the three that you will want are Type, Date, Time, and Event.The errors will appear in the Type column, they are red dots with a white X inside of them.Warnings will appear as a yellow trinangle with an exclamation mark inside.When you see an error, double click on it and see what the description is.Please post the error code/s found in the Event column and the descriptions back in this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160935/laptop-turns-it-self-off/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but it seemed like the best place.

I have a Sharp Aquos LED LCD plugged into my laptop via HDMI. Everything works great, EXCEPT:

When I turn off my TV, my laptop hibernates. I cannot find a setting to change this anywhere!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:TV turns off my laptop

before you turn your tv off
unplug the cable and then turn of the tv
report back to us

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/112984-tv-turns-off-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi again guys My laptop keeps turning itself off It was not doing this yesterday and everything is plugged in correctly Another odd thing is that after turning itself off times it wanted me to Itself On Laptop Turns Own. Off Its activate my windows Which is strange because I activated my windows a year ago when I got this laptop Please help me find out what the problem is here is a Hijack log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Sygate SPF smc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exeC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exeC Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exeC Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinRemote exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXEC Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exeC Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui Laptop Turns Itself Off On Its Own. exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC Program Files HPQ shared hpqwmi exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Laptop Turns Itself Off On Its Own. WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exec program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files America Online a aoltray exeC Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exeC PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN ymsgr tray exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Device... Read more

A:Laptop Turns Itself Off On Its Own.

Hello ArchmageHisummoner, I am SifuMike and I will be helping you. I am not seeing much in your Hijackthis log, so lets dig deeper. This sounds more like a hardware or driver problem than malware.You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan. Disable your antivirus program and go here to run BitDefender Online Scan. Click on I Agree. Avoid clicking on other links as you don't need to try out the full install at this point, just the online scanner.When the ActiveX Control has loaded, click on "Click here to scan". Please be patient, as this scan may take a few hours. It all depends on the number of files on your computer. NOTE: If you are running XP SP2, you may need to click on the Information Bar to allow the ActiveX to install and may need to repeat the BitDefender Online Scan.When BitDefender completes the scan, select the "Detected Problems" tab. Click on "Click here to export scan". Save the file as an HTML to your Desktop. Then click on the saved file and allow it to open with your browser. Go to Edit - Select All then copy/paste that log back here. Post the BitDefender log.******************You already have Downloaded and installed AVG Anti-Spyware so I want you to Connect to the Internet, go back to AVG Anti-Spyware, select the "Update" button and click "Start update". Wait until you see the "Update successful" message. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the AVG Anti-Spyware Full database installer from here. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode". (Note: When run in safe mode, sometimes the GUI is larger than the screen and the buttons at the bottom are partly or completely hidden, making them unaccessible for doing a scan. If this is the case, press the WINKEY + M key to "Minimize" the AVG display. Then right-click on AVG in the Task Bar and select "Maximize". If that does not help, then you may have to run your scan in normal mode and advise your helper afterwards.)Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:Click on the "Scanner" button and choose the "Settings" tab.Under "How to act?", click on "Recommended actions" and choose "Quarantine" to set default action for detected malware.Under "How to Scan?", "Possibly unwanted software", and What to Scan?" leave all the default settings.Under "Reports" select "Do not automatically generate reports" and UNcheck "Only if threats were found".Click the "Scan" tab to return to scanning options.Click "Complete System Scan" to start.When the scan has finished, it should automatically be set to Quarantine--if not click on Recommended Action and set it there.You will also be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions" to place the files in Quarantine.IMPORTANT! Do not save the report before you have clicked the Apply all actions button. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button.Click on "Save Report" to view all completed scans. Click on the most recent scan you just performed and select "Save report as" - the default file name will be in date/time format as follows: Report-Scan-20060620-142816.txt. Save to your desktop.
A copy of each report will also be saved in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5�... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/103846/laptop-turns-itself-off-on-its-own/
Relevancy 74.82%

I dropped my laptop and when I turned it back on it would beep 10 times with the screen turning on but nothing shows up, if I press any of the F keys it will show up on the bottom left corner but nothing happens. Tried hard resetting it and it's still the same. Help please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-turns-on-but-nothing-happens/td-p/5747901
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop fan gets very loud every few minutes and then quiets down for a few minutes, does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Laptop fan turns on and off

It might be due to.. automatic temperature control mode..so it maybe good.. but there maybe softwares to contorl it
as in .. in my hplaptop there is hp cool sense software installed..which is urs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328023-laptop-fan-turns-off.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey im having trouble with me laptop it turns on then off. i put the charger on it still does it... it only stays on for about 5 seconds then dies. the fans still turn on the lights still flash. the monitor doesnt but id say thats just becuase it needs the extra time to boot. which it doesnt get. someone help me its my friends computer and he said i could use it if i fixed it. cheers.

ps its an asus if that helps at all.

A:Laptop turns on then off

More info

Hey there, when you say "put the charger on it", are you booting with the charger connected to the notebook (ie: running off the charger) or disconnecting it to run off the battery?

If it is the later, your battery pack is dead and no longer holds a charge. If it's the former, then I need to know more about your setup. It may just be that your charger is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-then-off.51634/
Relevancy 74.82%

Recently my laptop has problems starting i will explain in detail what happens:

I press the power button as normal and as normal the power button lights up only for about 2 seconds, however rarely it lights up and stays on for about 20 seconds and then goes off. The screen never even comes on.

Please help....

Thanks

A:My laptop turns off then on

Hi

could be several things,,,faulty Power supply, faulty mainboard, failing memory, overheating, it would need taking into a repair shop to determine the exact cause, unlike a PC which can be troubleshooted down to a set thing, laptops cant and require an expert eye.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-turns-off-then-on.134033/
Relevancy 74.82%

My laptop turns off when running disk cleanup, scans c drive ok, starts to remove files then just turns off.

Relevancy 74.82%

ok my laptop is an acer aspire 4520 my girlfriend spilled dr pepper on it and it worked for like a day... the next day it turned on but then nothing... is that the harddrive or the operating system or is my laptop just screwed?

A:my laptop turns on but then nothing

it is mor than likely the laptop itself. not the operation system or hard drive. if you can afford it, take it to someone who can open it and find if the board inside has been fried or not. since liquid was spilled onto it i am betting on the mainboard being shot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-turns-on-but-then-nothing.779378/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey guys
Ive been having this problem with my laptop for past few months now. I believe i made a thread on this issue a while ago but the problem remained unsolved.

My laptop shuts off completely when as i am watching a video or have two programs open at a time. However, the CPU usage remains normal.

First i thiught it was a problem with the fan so took it to a technician who cleaned the fan and the processor but that did not help

later i took it another computer shop who thought the problem was with the harddrive. They put a new hard drive and it cost me $230 including labour..Now that i finally got back my laptop the problem is still there as whenever i try to watch a video even on VLC the laptop shuts off.

Need Your Help guys. The technicans will keep ripping me off.
Thanks

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi all I hope you can help with this problem I bought a new laptop a Dell with a K screen but a CPU and GPU that aren't really powerful enough to be in a laptop with a K screen This was a week ago I used it last weekend laptop itself off turns New and it turned itself off twice on Sunday -- both when trying to New laptop turns itself off launch a game New laptop turns itself off I haven't switched it on all week but did tonight and watched a little Netflix then left it idle A few minutes later it just died again this wasn't a power saving option automatically turning it off Looking at event viewer there are critical instances of shutting off without a clean shutdown One was on Sunday night which I don't remember But I have a vague memory that it completely locked up and I held the power button down And I think when it came back on the desktop layout was a bit different Any ideas on what I can do to find out the problem It was bought brand new from Dell and I am planning on returning it anyway as I find the K a pointless and counterproductive gimmick at this spec and I wonder if the strain on the CPU GPU is what's causing the dying It's an Inspiron i - U Windows my first experience with Windows I'm not a fan AM Radeon M GB GPU Intel HD Graphics onboard GB RAM TB HDD This may be a problem for a separate thread Also today I made a Dell factory settings restore disk on USB mostly to return it without my stuff on it and left it connected after completion After a while the USB disconnection sound played and I get a message saying the device has malfunctioned and cannot be read I have disconnected and reconnected it a couple of times and same thing

A:New laptop turns itself off

Hi mediahero& Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Kindly follow the instructions below and upload the ZIP file so that the problems could be analysed -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Let us know how it goes ^_^

-Pranav

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582457/new-laptop-turns-itself-off/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi and thanks for taking your time to read my post I have a packard bell easynote tk yesterday i was putting songs itself on off turns laptop by My and on to itunes all the songs My laptop turns on and off by itself i got where off an external HDD and they where safe when i put them on to itunes i started to play them they started to skip and sounded all choppy So i went to close itunes and it froze after about mins still nothing happend i went into task mannager ctrl-alt-del and closed it from there then i closed task mannager and then all of my shortcuts on my desktop went away and then my gadgets My laptop then shut down i went back to turn it on when i turn My laptop turns on and off by itself it on the Packard Bell logo appears and then it shuts down by its self and it turns on by its self and it turns off by its self and it keeps repating this until i take the battary out All the Fans seem to be working Some of my laptop specs are OS Windows home premium -bit Processor Intel Core i - m Memory GB DDR Memory and it has a GB HDD if you require aneymore information just ask My Laptop is only a few days old I would appreciate aney information given Thanks Ciaran nbsp

A:My laptop turns on and off by itself

I would return it for a new one. You shouldn't have to deal with the problem if it is only a few days old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-turns-on-and-off-by-itself.175409/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Dell Inspiron Inspiron 1300/B130 and it turns off automatically then i get a message unit got hot and turned itself off ,hit F1 and it goes back on... Does this mean the fan is not working?

Relevancy 74.82%

I solved the problem of getting power to my laptop only now, the machine shuts itself off randomly. Right now I put a cooling fan underneath it hoping that may solve the problem. Also, even with the battery fully charged the machine still cuts off. Any suggestions?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3061 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 98167 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway,
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-itself-off.1034922/
Relevancy 74.82%

My 5-year old Toshiba laptop has turned itself off three times in the last three weeks, and the track pad felt very hot. How can I tell if the fan is broken, what would be the estimated cost of a repair, and would it be best to buy a new computer?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3890 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1721 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 463563 MB, Free - 351849 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NALAA
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:Laptop turns itself off

A hot track pad is not a good sign. Do you keep the laptop from sitting on a cushion or anything else that would prevent it from getting a good airflow?
Laptops can be a bother to fix and with the prices of them today it is a good question whether to repair or buy a new one.
Since this problem isn't every day I'm inclined to think it is an airflow problem since a broken fan would allow the laptop to overheat quickly every time it was on for more than 10 minutes. Also, have you checked the air vents to make sure there is nothing clogging them?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-itself-off.1172050/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have been having trouble with my laptop turning itself on for some time now. I have heard that sometimes there is a power setting the bios, but I checked that already. Also, it only turns on if it is plugged in to the charger. Please help...

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,
today I came back home, turned on my laptop normally, and it didn't go through!
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L675D, originally equipped with Windows 7 and then I upgraded it to Windows 8 with an original code.
Basically, after a turn it on, the fans start for a couple of seconds and then they go really quiet (but I can still hear them) while nothing happens on the screen. It remains completely black for the whole time! The laptop is clearly on and the lights of the charger and of the power are enlighted.
I tried using just the charger, just the battery, and both of them, but nothing changes.. Plus the CD reader looks to be working properly.
That's all I found out for now..

Any idea? :/

A:Laptop turns on, but nothing happens

Try booting into the safe mode (F8) to load the basic windows video drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46199-laptop-turns-but-nothing-happens.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am fixing an HP Pavilion g7 Windows 8 laptop and when I turn the computer on, in about 5 minutes the screen powers down but the hard drive is still running. I have set the power options to turn OFF the display to never and to put the computer to sleep also to never and I have it set to power saver, the computer will repeat the same process over and over again. I have access to the internet or watch you tube videos but the problem remains. Please help me in solving this issue. Thanks

Relevancy 73.96%

My laptop regularly turns off as if losing power and quite frequently has issues starting up despite having had both charger and battery replaced yet the problem still persists. I can't use it without it being plugged into mains n tends to work better with battery removed. Any suggestions what the problem could be?

A:Laptop repeatedly turns itself off

The internal heat pads and or paste may need to be replaced. Have it serviced...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-repeatedly-turns-itself-off.207998/
Relevancy 73.96%

My Hp Pavilion Notebook has started randomly turning off today. It happened 2 times today and once yesterday. It basically just shuts off as it would if i held the power button down, and then restarts on it's own. It brings up a black screen saying that the system wasn't responding and shows options to start in safe mode or whatever (i'm sure you know the one i mean). My laptop is just over a month old so i don't understand why this is happening. I don't think it's an overheating problem because i have a cooling pad which i always use. My laptops been running around 40C all day, which isn't any different from any other day. Any insights on what the problem could be?

A:New-ish Laptop Randomly Turns Off

Send it back for a refund. That sounds like a hardware failure, and HP doesn't have a very good record of fixing hardware problems permanently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/118635-new-ish-laptop-randomly-turns-off.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My Acer Aspire V laptop (about a year old) reports to be 75% charged.

However, beginning today out of the blue, it will not boot up unless it is plugged in. When I get to Windows, it says "plugged in, not charging". Moreover, if I unplug the power cord, it will completely shut off.

What's going on?

A:Laptop Turns Off When Unplugged

Most likely the battery is dead and needs replaced.

However double check the physical contacts between the laptop and the battery, make sure they are clean.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged.1165744/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all, I'm new here, so if I'm posting in the wrong forum or something like that please say so!
I have a (rather old) Dell Latitude CPx laptop with Windows 2k Professional. My problem is that the sound randomly (so it seems) turns on and off. When it doesn't work, the system tray will sometimes display the icon (I can adjust the volume and such, but the sound will not come on), and other times it won't.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-sound-turns-on-and-off.700279/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I m using my mum s acer aspire laptop with configuration as below - Intel core duo t Ghz GHz MB ram GB harddisk with Windows XP Professional version service pack I am using a MB broadband connection supplied By MTNL combo which normaly gives me a download speed of - kbps on utorrent However my speed can go upto kbps in the morning or at night The problem is turns Laptop slow i ve noticed that as soon as the speed goes anywhere upwards then Laptop turns slow kbps Laptop turns slow my laptop becomes very slow Windows take time for minimizing windows sounds are very slow and any kind of general multimedia content plays very slowly Can anyone please tell me why this happens and if there is any cure Also i have seen this thing happen once when i had restricted utorrent speed to kbps and my mum was talking to someone on skype The odd thing is i have another laptop at home which is my own its a Dell Inspiron with windows and GB ram and utorrent never gets more then kbps on this laptop with the same Internet connection It never slows down either I have already got the acer laptop checked at the acer service centre Those guys gave the cooling fan a cleaning and returned the laptop a couple of days ago but i still got the prob Should i again go to them or is this problem due to only GB ram nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

I ve always been running on A C power but lately my computer loses power for no reason It s not that it shuts down but instead it just turns off like it suddenly lost power I thought maybe my charger was dying so I bought one from HP but that hasn t changed anything My randomly My laptop off turns battery hasn t worked in a really really long time so I never put it in the laptop anymore I tried the computer in the outlets in my bedroom and in the library and I got the same results Sometimes the power shuts off as the computer is booting other times it lets me get to the home screen and I can play on the computer on a while before it loses power I always keep my laptop on top of a chill pad Although I ve noticed my fan doesn t turn on when I turn on my computer Is it suppose to My laptop randomly turns off Also I think I might have heard a noise from my fan How can I be sure it s the fan I have a HP G US I bought it in It s running off Windows Vista Service Pack nbsp

A:My laptop randomly turns off

The laptop is definitely old enough for some service. It is possible that the cooling fan is worn out and/or dirty... if the fan is not running properly, the laptop will sense a over-heating condition and it will turn off. Have the laptop serviced and new batteries are cheap enough on EBay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-randomly-turns-off.177610/
Relevancy 73.96%

toshiba Laptop turns on and off in 5 seconds then on again by itself why!
when you turn it on it gets as far as the toshiba screen then turns off and turns itself back on and does the same,time after time after time ,till power is disconnected !
this is on mains and battery !
why

A:Laptop turns on and off in 5 seconds then on again by itself

Well, not quite the same, I have a Dell out of three Latitudes I bought that WORKS perfectly, BUT When you press power, it is blank but making noise for 40 seconds or so then boots up normal saying it's in servicing Mode...press Fn-X to cancel.
I can't tell you how many ways I tried to press that sequence and get something to happen! It still does the same thing even if I hibernate the drive! It runs like normal after it posts and boots!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-turns-on-and-off-in-5-seconds-then-on-again-by-itself.52491/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hai Sir good evg My HP Laptop turns off display for 2 sec whem i`m connecting or disconnecting the charger.can u please solve my problem.Thanking You sir

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Hp-Laptop-turns-off-for-2-sec-when-i-m-connecting-or/td-p/5683220
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey, i have a problem. My laptop turns on by itself during the night. This happens very often, like 5 times a week. This is very frustrating because it kills my battery and the next day i have to charge it. I never shutdown the laptop, i put it in sleep mode/hibernate. Also, the screen was down so i don't know how did it turned on. An example: Today i was talking on the phone and the laptop was sleeping (the power LED was blinking) but, it turned on without any reason.
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop turns on by itself during the night.

Do a shutdown. Then it won't happen.

Else you have to go into the device properties of all devices in Device Manager and look for the 'Allow this device to wake up the computer' and change those. Of course not for the keyboard and mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294575-laptop-turns-itself-during-night.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have an HP pavilion dv7 and when I press the power button it will turn on and I can hear the fan for about a second and then it will shut off. Sometimes it will stay on for 2 seconds, etc... then shutoff. I don't get any beeps or flashing lights. It just shuts immediately off when I press the power button. What could this be?

Kind regards,
Tom

Also i noticed that when I plug the AC Adapter in it will turn on then off immediately but if I take the battery out and leave the ac adapter in then the laptop won't even turn on at all. The AC Cord is working though because I plugged it into another laptop and it started charging it.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I have a up boot but on not Laptop does turns Packard Bell Easynote TJ i bought it will a defect Laptop turns on but does not boot up screen as i was planning to use my tv as the external monitor For a few months it has worked perfectly One morning i turned the laptop on and the laptop turned on with certain lights but did not boot up and the screen which usually just has a white light did not show either the hard drive lights did not light up but the heat sensitive buttons do work and light up but it s almost like the laptop is on but nothing is happening inside S I have the power supply constantly plugged in but the battery is not being used as don t want to over charge After turning the laptop on and off multiple times it will finally start up correctly and the screen will light up just with a white screen and it will change over to the TV correctly As this problem has got worse I am expecting the laptop to completely stop working soon so I am just trying to find a solution before it breaks completely any solution would be greatly appreciated any questions just ask Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop turns on but does not boot up

Sounds like you could have a failing hard drive, follow this guide to test it:

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use the appropriate link below to get the manufacturer's diagnostics.

These are direct links to the download (apart from Western Digital) so the download will start as soon as you click on the link.

These diagnostics are only available as ISO images to burn to CD except for Excelstore who also provide a download for a USB flash drive. Please note that this USB version is only for use on Excelstore hard drives.

Excelstore ISO for CD Or USB flash drive (instructions included in Readme.txt file)
Hitachi/IBM
Seagate, Samsung, Maxtor & Quantum
Western Digital Click on the Download button next to Diag504fCD.iso

NOTE: For Toshiba/Fujitsu, or any make of drive not listed, use the diagnostics from the Seagate link.

For the downloads that are in a .zip file, right click the file and select Extract Here and burn the image to a CD. (A re-recordable CD will be fine).

In Windows 7 right click the extracted file, select Open With, then select Windows Disc Image Burning Tool then follow the prompts.
For all other versions of windows (if you do not have an ISO burner) download this free software. ImgBurn Install the program and start the application. Select the top left hand option to Write image file to disc and then on the next window click on the small yellow folder icon and browse to the file you have downloaded from the links above. Then click on the two grey discs with the arrow in between (bottom left) and leave it to complete the operation.

Boot the PC into the Bios setup and set the CD/DVD drive to 1st in the boot sequence. Insert the disk in the drive then reboot and the disc will load into dos. Always select the Extended Test where available

NOTE: Unfortunately the hard drive is the one item in your PC that will fail, it is not a case of if but a case of when. It is an electrical/mechanical device and therefore it will wear out. Hence the need to keep regular back ups of all your important data to an external source, DVD's or Blu-ray discs are the most dependable but if you have 1000's of GB's of data then an external hard drive would be a better choice, unfortunately that drive too will eventually fail, so DVD's or Blu-ray discs are the safest option for crucial data that you would be devastated to loose.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turns-on-but-does-not-boot-up.1043193/
Relevancy 73.96%

Less than a year ago I got a new HP G -us notebook and I've unplugged. turns off when laptop New experienced a lot of problems with it At one point I even had to reset the hard drive because it was running too slow First off I've been having problems with New laptop turns off when unplugged. overheating I believe this is due to the lithium batter but the buttom of my laptop gets exremely hot I New laptop turns off when unplugged. mean it gets so hot that it burns my finger when i feel it Its not like I have it on a rug or carpet this is on a wooden desk that is completely flat Normally this wouldn't be too much of a problem for me but I can tell that the performance drops down when it gets so hot I have to put something underneath my laptop to keep it ventilated just to keep it from getting so hot Thats not the only problem Recently it started powering off whenever it gets unplugged Even for just a few moments like when I want to move to a different part of the house It's not like I'm shaking it or anything on the contrary I keep it as still as possible when I'm carrying it Yes the battery is full I'm not that dumb But even with the battery full it will turn off without warning usually within a minute sometimes even in seconds Are these common problems with this model Should I send it in to be repaired

A:New laptop turns off when unplugged.

sounds like you should replace the battery. it should not get so hot it burns you .and its not holding a charge.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged-430739.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello AGAIN Well yeah I have a problem with my sony Viao laptop It seems like everytime I try to do two things on my laptop or try to burn a cd into my computer it turns itself off Ill be in Too Turns Off When Laptop Busy the middle of something and out of nowhere the screen turns black and its really annoying Does anyone know the reason it does this And I also have another problem I always burn cds from my computer to a blank cd But recently just this week when I tried downloading music onto a cd it said the cd was blocked And I tried Laptop Turns Off When Too Busy like different Laptop Turns Off When Too Busy cds and it said the same thing So I recently bought a whole new pack of blank cds and I tried downloading and now it says that theres an error when creating the disc and the dis Laptop Turns Off When Too Busy ejects itself off the closest it gets is downloading two songs onto the cd and then it says there was an error during the process Help with this would be great too

A:Laptop Turns Off When Too Busy

*ahem*Oh and when it turns off it just turns black, like it doesnt go through the shut down phase.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75984/laptop-turns-off-when-too-busy/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi
I have a probook4520 HP laptop
but it has a problem
when I use it for a long time or convert big files or do some graphical jobs it turns off with out my permission
what should I do
In Ubuntu OsS I have this problem too
please help me
thanks

A:my laptop turns off with out my permission

Hi and welcome to the Forum.
Are you running on mains or battery?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/263398-my-laptop-turns-off-out-my-permission.html