Windows Support Forum

WiFi download speed reduces by 50%+

Q: WiFi download speed reduces by 50%+

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50- 90%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable. My Upload speed however stays the same. Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-download-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi download speed reduces by 50%+

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 93.74%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 92.45%

I purchased this laptop new. Wifi works fine with even 50MB speed.  Videos buffering seamlessly. But if I connect a bluetooth headset or mouse or my phone, Wifi stopped receiving the signal, movies stopped playing and I have to disconnect the bluetooth to get it back. I'm facing this problem from Day-1. I have enabled automatic update in the HP support assistant and all the drivers are upto date. I spent a lot of money to buy this laptop but ended up in frustration with this kind of problem ruining such a high end laptop.

A:Bluetooth reduces WiFi speed

Hi,           Could you try re installing the wireless and the bluetooth driver, please use the links provided below to get the drivers. Wireless : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75249.exeBluetooth: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74988.exe RegardsSatishHewlett PackardClick on " Kudos Star " icon on left hand side if resolved.I am a HP employee, but the comments in this forum is of my own and does not represent HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-reduces-WiFi-speed/td-p/5673404
Relevancy 90.3%

Ok so to keep it short I upgraded my connection from to Setup Laptop - gt Wireless connection WEP ecryption - gt Dlink WBR- router - gt Siemens SpeedStream Modem - router reduces Dlink speed by download 90% gt Internet I did not notice any increase in speed after upgrading So I called my ISP and found out that it is the router that somewhat caps my speed It downloads faster if I plug my laptop into the Modem directly I called Dlink and their answer was that they cannot do anything about it quot Everybody has the same problem when you connect to the router and to the modem you lose speed There is nothing we can do about it quot But here is the thing that bugs me I can download files Firefox for example at k s but as soon as I add my router into the equation I can only download it at k s I can understand that there could be some loss with a router But losing of your download speed Come on I want to know if this is normal or if I am just dealing with incompetent tech support Any recommendations on good routers I can buy that will not literally paralyse my connexion Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a ZBook 15 G2 which is normally docked in a HP21012 90W Docking Station. Last week we switched from 100Mb to 500 Mb internet speed and replaced all cabling in the house and the routers. When my laptop is connected directly to the cable without docking station the speed is correct. When I click my laptop in the docking station the speed gets reduced to 100 Mb. It does not matter if you connect the network cable to the docking station or to the laptop. When the laptop gets removed from the docking station and the network cable stays in the connector of the laptop it switches back to the correct speed of around 500 Mb. Would it help to have an USB -> ethernet network adapter so the correct speed is there?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Internet-speed-reduces-when-ZBook-laptop-gets-connected-to/td-p/5632086
Relevancy 67.94%

I have un-installed and re-installed my Linksys E wireless N router several times and can only achieve about MBPS d l and MBPS u l data speeds on a year old HP laptop running speed... download V. slow wifi Solved: Windows This is wireless service and the laptop is within feet of the router I have Comcast service on my desktop and my quot connected quot normal d l speed is MBPS with MBPS u l Don Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... t know what Solved: V. slow wifi download speed... else to do I have connected the laptop directly to the modem and get MBPS speed so there is something I m missing in the wireless router setup Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd G M-ES L Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled Any ideas bernsinlanc nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I live in an assisted living establishment with wifi furnished free but it isn't the best.I'm showing 5 bars on my computer, but I'm only getting around 1 Mbps and I see a lot of the spinning donut. Are there things that I am able to do or am I at the mercy of the owner. He probably would not be willing to spend a little more cash just to satisfy a few of us old geezers.

A:I've got 5 bars wifi, but only about 1 Mbps download speed.

You have 2 effects - for one the owner probably went with a cheap connection (ask him what it is) and then there are several people connecting to the router which produces contention.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392978-ive-got-5-bars-wifi-but-only-about-1-mbps-download-speed.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Verbatim pen drive, the capacity is 16 GB. When I start any transfer, say of a 300 Mb file, the first 200 Mb of data gets transferred at about 100 Mbps, then it freezes for at least 2-3 minutes after which the last 100 Mb will get transferred at 8 Mbps. This happens with every file. I reinstalled the USB 3.0 drivers and the pen drive is connected in a 3.0 port. Any suggestions?

A:USB 3.0 starts transfer at 100mbps, freezes, speed reduces to 3-4mbps

Have you tried the onboard usb 3 ports at rear of pc/mobo are these the same

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271704-usb-3-0-starts-transfer-100mbps-freezes-speed-reduces-3-4mbps.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey Everyone I have a HP pavilion ab tx laptop The wifi chipset inside it is a realtek rtl BE I am noticing that download speeds immediately reach zero upon lid close amp may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects By the time I open the lid and the display turns on the wifi would have got connected I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue os build issue setting issue I have tried things like reintalling the driver from oem site amp also updating it disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter quot tweaking advanced settings in power plans ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans I am facing this issue since the last three days I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote Beta disconnection speed reaches WiFi upon lid /download close 0 amp WIN-Remote Control which enable you to make your WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad While doing this I came across an article where they suggested to enable quot wake on magic packet quot in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled ideal setting as suggested Thereafter I had changed none of the settings I have since uninstalled all those quot pc control softwares reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans disabled sleep quot do nothing quot on lid close amp re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close I really do not understand what went wrong Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue How can I fix it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/49002-wifi-disconnection-download-speed-reaches-0-upon-lid-close.html
Relevancy 67.08%

The wifi chipset inside my HP ab tx is a realtek rtl BE nbsp My notebook experiences download speeds nbsp reaching zero immediately upon lid close amp may be the laptop's wifi also disconnects By the reaches WiFi close disconnection lid 0 /download upon speed time WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close I open the lid amp the display turns on the wifi would have got itself connected I googled a lot but was unable to figure out if it's an OS issue os build issue setting issue I have tried things like reintalling the driver from oem site amp also updating it disabling power saving options of the wifi adapter tweaking advanced settings in power plans ensured wireless adapter performance is set to maximum in all power plans I am facing this issue since the last three days I remember installing certain apps like PC Remote Beta amp WIN-Remote Control which enable you to make your android smartphone's touchscreen act like a laptop's touchpad While doing this I came across an article where they suggested to enable wake on magic packet in the advanced tab of LAN adapter properties I just went there to check if it was enabled or not but I found it to be enabled ideal setting as suggested Thereafter I had changed none of the settings I have since uninstalled all those pc control softwares reinstalled those wifi and lan adapters re-enabled maximum performance of the network adapter in power plans disabled sleep do nothing on lid close amp re-unchecked allow the computer to turn off this device to save power but still face this wifi disconnection issue upon lid close I really do not understand what went wrong Is it likely that these softwares would have caused the issue How can I fix it

A:WiFi disconnection /download speed reaches 0 upon lid close

Hi, Most likely the WiFi adapter is turned off when the ;id close (sleep mode). Please try the following steps to turn it to stay on when sleep (a) Go to Device Manager and expand Network adapters,(b) Right click WiFi adapter and select Properties,(c) Go to Power Management tab,(d) Untick "Allow the computer to ......",(e) Click OK Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-disconnection-download-speed-reaches-0-upon-lid-close/td-p/5605211
Relevancy 67.08%

I connect problem speed slow - internet download Wifi my PC to my router using a wifi dongle I wish I could use Ethernet but it's just not practical My router is a D-Link Wireless AC my dongle is an Asus USB-AC They connect strongly usually at Mbps My incoming internet connection is passed through from the modem to the router The modem isn't broadcasting a Wifi signal My internet is a fibre connection provided by talktalk When testing with Speedtest my iPad mobile phone Macbook and other devices typically see down speeds of - Mbps and Wifi internet problem - download speed slow up speeds of - Mbps which is roughly what they should I mean I'm paying for Mbps but whatever My PC will occasionally get the same but very often the download is erratic and slow something like - Mbps and I don't know how to rectify it The upload isn't a problem so what I'm usually getting is Wifi internet problem - download speed slow an up speed that's - x Wifi internet problem - download speed slow my down speed The problem doesn't seem to be with the router or modem given that my other devices are getting good speeds and it doesn't help to troubleshoot through Windows because as far as my PC's concerned it's getting an internet connection it doesn't care about the speed so it doesn't suggest any solution I have tried various combinations of restarting the computer unplugging the dongle restarting AND unplugging and every once in a while after being plugged back in it starts to reach the - Mbps range but there's no consistency to it And I'm scared to turn the computer off because if I do it'll probably lose the speed again but I don't want to have to keep the damn thing on all the time I use Kaspersky Internet Security which is a recent purchase but I don't think that's the issue because I've occasionally been able to see the higher speeds while using it Do you have any ideas of what I can do to figure this out and get my PC to reliably see the down speeds it should Below is my ipconfig and Xirrus info Quote Windows IP Configuration Host Name Mike-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description ASUS USB-AC ac Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address - C- A- -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af b f ea Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires April Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D-C - D-C -D -F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix lan Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address C - - -DE-F -CD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Eight-forums Since I installed Windows my download speed gets huge drops My ping and upload speeds are fine but only my download speed has problems I am using a wireless network adapter Asus PCE-N Before I installed W I had no issues at all with it I already tried installing different drivers and I am now using the latest version from the chipset maker Realtek RTL CE-VA version I installed it manually through the device manager I also use the wireless connection g because my router is not compatible with n I do think it is a software based problem because the hardware is only months Unstable WiFi Windows download speed installing 8.1: After old and worked fine on Windows Other computers in my house don't have any instability problems I can maybe use a cable for internet but that would go through my hole house so that's not a solution I added a picture of the ipconfig all maybe it is useful for your guys Here is also a picture of the latest speed-test I did ping and upload are fine but download is very bad it stays at the start for some seconds and then it gets a big peak This test is one of the worse Also here is the graph of the download speed it is really not stable I hope After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed someone finds a solution for me because I am getting really frustrated after some time I also don't want to reinstall I also have heard that many other people have different WiFi problems with Windows Edit I After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed already changed the After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed channel of my router so it is not interfering with each other Greetings killerboye

A:After installing Windows 8.1: Unstable WiFi download speed

Have you tried the Asus driver as it seems both the Realtek and the Asus drivers are a bit problematic with Windows 8.1.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download PCE-N15

Windows 8.1 compatibility for Asus PCE-N15 Wireless Network Adapter model

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/34205-after-installing-windows-8-1-unstable-wifi-download-speed.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I have a ASUS N550JK-DS71T laptop which has about half the download speed with wifi compared to a similar laptop (with a N-type wireless card) right next to it. So this issue is not due to ISP or router. Upload speed is fine.
I used speedtest.net.
Laptop has the INTEL AC 7260 wireless card with the latest driver on Asus website (V17.0.1.5).
I checked the power settings and they are on High Performance.
I have a N-router set to N.

Would you know any settings in BIOS, Windows, INTEL to check/change to fix this.

Any input is greatly appreciated!

A:ASUS N550JK-DS71T - slow download speed with wifi

That is a dual-band adapter in the laptop. From the sound of it you have a 2.4Ghz single-band router. Try turning off the 5GHz band on the laptop adapter if there is an option to do so.

Also, there are newer drivers dated August for that adapter on the Intel site: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...14&ProdId=3714

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55506-asus-n550jk-ds71t-slow-download-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 55.04%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 54.61%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 54.18%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 54.18%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 53.32%

For some reason programs and files are taking a very long time to download (about 30 kbps), but youtube plays fine, I can go to any website and troubleshooting shows nothing wrong. I went to speedtest.net and I'm averaging about 12 mbps so files should be downloading fast.

At this point I'm stumped. This PC has a fresh install of Windows 7, up-to-date. It is a Dell OptiPlex 780.

I should have also mentioned that the Network drivers are also up-to-date.

A:12 mbps download speed, but programs take a long time to download

are you using torrents ? you might be throttled

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363403-12-mbps-download-speed-but-programs-take-long-time-download.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 52.89%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 51.17%

so i ran a speed test with several different website and they all said my download speed is between 5 Mbps and 8 Mbps :

however when i actually download something my download speed stay at 1 Mbps or when i watch videos ( youtube )
i dnt have this problem with my phone !

thank u

A:download speed different from speed test

help help help why ??

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37842-download-speed-different-speed-test.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
Have an issue with my internet speed, I am currently subscribed with an ISP for 60Mb/s Connection and I can only get that speed via cable over wifi it goes down to 26Mb/s, after I called my ISP they told me I had to buy some other wifi device that extendes my signal and is able to transmit more then 26MB/s so I bought a NetGear EX6100 Wifi Range Extender and set it up as an access point on the 5GHz channel it is currently connected via cable with the ISP Router but still im only getting 26Mb/s.
Im stuck what did I do wrong ???

A:Wifi Speed

My cable service plan is for 150 Mbps download.

I get 150 - 170 Mbps on ethernet and 30 - 50 Mbps on wireless.

I've tweaked my wireless connection as much as I can and still get the much slower speed.

It's still fast enough for my needs, so I've learned to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.1149319/
Relevancy 48.16%

Our LAN connection runs about mbps down up our WIFI runs about mbps down up Given there s a wall or two between quot the hub Up Way to Any WiFi? the Speed quot It s a steel building there s nobody running off the WIFI except people with cell phones I installed a TS Link WIFI Extender outside the walls in the shop which receives - bars There s manual mills lathes and CNC equipment in the shop as well as a shop computer for clocking in out and a MSC vendor that are LAN connected Pretty much all that connects to the WIFI are cell phones and the shop laptop Is it Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? simply the interference on GHz in the shop Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? that muddles the signal the wall s in between or is there anything I can do to get it up to at least loss in data Here s my Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? setup INTERNET NETGEAR WNR lt LAN gt ---CAT e Crossover--- BUFFALO AC AP lt WIFI gt --- NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt lt --- FIREWALL THAT I D Ced Watchguard Firebox SOHO was getting MBPS LAN with it lt LAN gt NETGEAR -PORT SWITCH lt LAN gt NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt NAS lt ----- Need to access through WIFI The Netgear router doesn t give a constant signal while the Buffalo does I was originally going to reroute the the Buffalo to DMZ THRU on the firewall but the firewall didn t like it I know that firewall is about years outdated I don t intend to use it What I need to know is will it significantly increase WIFI speed to just use the Buffalo without the Netgear there Also what will I need to get ac connection from the Buffalo router Has there been a standard set for it yet I m also open for firewall suggestions that have legit DMZ THRU SonicWall Thanks Blake Rawlston Machinist IT Anarchist Southeastern Tool and Design nbsp

A:Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi?

removed your email, as that's a great way to get on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-speed-up-the-wifi.1112377/
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection? (Wireless N)
Speed keeps changing.

A:wifi speed

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection?Click to expand...

Determine what is causing the slowness and then rectify the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.827975/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Like a lot of similar threads here I am experiencing slow wifi speed on out of laptops I have a Virginmedia wireless n Superhub UK all in one modem router set at mbps and speed wifi Low my tariff is for mbps download speed laptops experience no problems at all wireless g connects at mbps wireless n connects at mbps another wireless n connects at mbps These connection speeds are consistent and do not fluctuate Low wifi speed All have consistent speedtests of mbps download and mbps upload The remaining laptop has fluctuating connection speeds of anywhere between - mbps and a speedtest of between - mbps This laptop is my wife s work from home machine - Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel wifi Link agn adapter Office is situated one floor up from the router and phone socket We have a wireless phone jack so no cabling is run directly to the office I thought this may be giving off interference but I disconnected it and still got the same wifi results I have used all working laptops in the office and have experienced no change in connection speeds speedtest so am assuming that the issue is not interference I haven t yet hardwired the laptop or tried to update the driver Just wanted to run this by you first before I make any changes Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I was at the airport other day,waiting for my flight, and i used a WiFi hotspot to access to my blog. I noticed that although the hotspot claimed to run at maximun data rate of 54 Mbps the throughput I achieved was a lot less. can you explain to me why that might be?

can you explain the term 802.11 standard to me ??
thank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I is speed WiFi very low barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now i have problem with wifi drivers I WiFi speed is very low am using windows ultimate x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped WiFi speed is very low on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp nbsp nbsp No one answered me in my last post so im posting the same question again nbsp nbsp

A:WiFi speed is very low

Hi, There are few posts around. Please use others Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-very-low/td-p/5854571
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now is WiFi terrible speed i have problem with wifi drivers I am using windows ultimate WiFi speed is terrible x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed WiFi speed is terrible older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi WiFi speed is terrible is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp

A:WiFi speed is terrible

Hi, Please run a speed test to see what do you get          http://www.speedtest.net/ Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-terrible/td-p/5853015
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded my VDSL speed to mbps down and mbps up Since the upgrade my speed is only WiFi only Help. half speed. at about half I am reading at about - mbps download I had down and up prior to the upgrade And always got full speed over WiFi I get my full speed over a ethernet cable I have a actiontec V modem router or as Qwest calls it the Q It supports N Its also dual WiFi only half speed. Help. band My laptop wireless card is a Realtek RTL B WiFi only half speed. Help. wireless b g mbps usb network adapter I have tried changing the channel of my router I also tried changing the power level of the radio signal I also updated the driver I changed the channel of my realtek card as well I am stumped I also called my ISP tech support They have no idea whats wrong The person I spoke to thought n was a model number If anyone knows what I can do to fix this it would be much appreciated if you could help nbsp

A:WiFi only half speed. Help.

Welcome to TSG!

Sorry to say that's all you'll get with 802.11 g. The 54Mbits/sec is the maximum physical layer bit rate. Actual throughput will be around 24 Mbits/sec Max.

Only way to "fix" it is to upgrade to 802.11 n.

I have an 802.11 n setup which connects at 130 Mbits/sec, but the Max throughput is around 60-65 Mbits/sec.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-only-half-speed-help.931578/
Relevancy 47.3%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINHOME System smss exe C WINHOME system winlogon exe C WINHOME system services exe C WINHOME system lsass exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C WINHOME System svchost exe C WINHOME System wltrysvc exe C WINHOME System bcmwltry exe C WINHOME system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm with WIFI ??? 50% Loss Speed LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINHOME Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINHOME system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? exe C WINHOME system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINHOME system THotkey exe C WINHOME 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? system TPSMain exe C WINHOME AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINHOME system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME somebody MOE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINHOME system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINHOME system THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINHOME system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin Wireless Utility lnk O - Global Startup EZ-DUB Finder lnk C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C E - E- D- CF- A F FB NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50-speed-loss-with-wifi.530879/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ive been getting latency lately while playing wow, due to the addition of another computer using our verizon fiber optic internet. Is there a program out there that could boost my internet speed and possibly help me get more out of a connection that is already pretty fast? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

Had D-link and got sick of the problems. Went with Belkin router and PC Card.
Ran great for a month...............then it all went to hell.
I have a 5 meg cable conx and I lose at least 50-70% of speed with WIFI.

Running XP . Are there any configuration settings I'm missing?
I was letting Belking manage the connection but that was killing my CPU , so I went back to letting Windows run it. Seemed to have helped, but my CPU is still sluggish..........slow opening browsers. Streaming is fine.............conex stable.
Cursor sticky and slow.

Relevancy 47.3%

how can i increase or improve the speed of my wifi connection. it seems like everytime i go on the web, it takes quite a while to load the page. just a little bit faster then 56kbps. the wireless router is right in the other room.

when my friend brings his laptop over, it seems as though he gets fast connection eventhough he's downstairs...

wassup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed-increase.215817/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys, is there a way to increase wifi speed to make i go fast like a cable connection?

any surgestions would be good?

A:is there a way to increase wifi speed?

Hi there

1)Your Router needs to support the new Wireless-N standard up to 600 mbs from the presemt 54 mbs (WIRELESS-G).

2) Your Wireless card need to support it too.

Wireless-N routers are a bit more expensive -- and the problem is that if you are using a Laptop it's not easy to change the wireless chip so you'll have to use an external USB Wireless-N card -- also not cheap.

I don't think there will be too many PUBLIC WI FI places that will have wireless -n system for ages yet so you are stuck with wireless g @ 54 MBS max.

If you are on a shared wireless connection then the number of users will also slow it down -- especially if you have a load of users such as in a Hotel downloading Music / streaming audio into their hotel rooms etc.

Here's a wiki on Wireless-n (do further research as always with wiki).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57489-there-way-increase-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around Mbps I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router I have this setup - Archer T U USB ac drivers updated - USB - Airport Extreme router ac Ghz only - PC is about meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between - All other equipment MacBook iPhone do not have wifi speed issues From the same point as the PC I get much higher speeds Mbps What could be wrong My rig PCPartPicker part list Core i - K GHz Quad-Core GeForce GTX GB - System Build - PCPartPicker CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U P SE CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING AURA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR - Memory Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T U USB a b g n ac Wi-Fi Adapter cheers Tex

A:Poor LAN wifi speed

Originally Posted by TexTwil

Hi,
My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
- Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
- USB 3
- Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
- PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
- All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

cheers,
Tex

adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62399-poor-lan-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi nbsp My notebook has a relatively slow WiFi connection to the wireless router I Searched this forum and found some advice which related to the network adapter settings WiFi Spectre Speed HP I tried this advice and it did not work for me http h www hp com t Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking Wifi-speeds-slow td-p nbsp Data Windows latest updates are installedi - CPU and GB RAMNetwork adapter driver version from May My WiFi Speed was only Mbit Second nbsp The WiFi Speed of my wife with her Lenovo positioned as the same spot is Mbit Sec and my iPhone connects with Mbit Sec nbsp After playing with some parameters I found out that changing the advanced setting of the WiFi adapter to prefer the Ghz channel increased my HP Spectre WiFi Speed speed to Mbit Sec This parameter might help some other people that have this issue but I am still disappointed because my speed is still half the speed of the competition Lenovo has a Broadcom WiFi adapter nbsp Does someone have any solution to this issue nbsp HP Spectre WiFi Speed Thank you nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-WiFi-Speed/td-p/5708847
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I am using windows 8 in my laptop and Ubuntu in my desktop PC. In the desktop, I used to browse the internet by connecting LAN cable. and using WiFi on my laptop. I am using Acanac's unlimited internet plans in Quebec. The browsing speed is comparatively high in Ubuntu than windows 8. Is there any mechanism to boost the browsing speed in windows 8? I am not very familiar with Ubuntu. Most of the times I use my laptop to browse. If you have any solution, please put it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623669/to-boost-wifi-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

im just wondering how can i make my downloads faster without getting one of the "tacky" download browsers that are not safesrry its 73.6 kbs per secEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201286/how-can-i-speed-up-my-download-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

Is it possible to increase the download speed from an ISP without using rubbish software which generally have Malware with it?

One word answers are not useful in this debate...
Be explicit and don't rant like I do!

A:Can you speed up download speed from ISP

Not it isn't, And none of those so called accelerators will either. The only way to get faster speed with your ISP is to get a faster package/connection if possible, or go with an ISP that offers faster connections.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212929-can-you-speed-up-download-speed-isp.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there trying to increase the Wifi speed -- have a decent Wifi adapter with ac capability - connected to USB port Speed should be up to - Mbps instead of the Mbps it shows I KNOW the cable speed via LAN is really fast - so is the built in Wifi router that the cable company have given me not up to the job for Wifi -- I really would like to get rid of loads of LAN cable around the place That's why I don't like these boxes the ISP issues you with thereoretical below Wifi well (802.11ac) speed - there's minimal tinkering you can do with them - but you have to use their cable box as a typical Router connects via the phone -- that phone connection system has long since disappeared where I am Seems that the cable boxes you get hobbled with by the ISP company - while OK for LAN seem to not be built for the fastest Wifi Protocol Anyway round this Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac) --- any call to the cable company seems to involve my worst nightmare -- long waits on the Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac) phone to some Indian call centre where the staff at the other end haven't a clue what I'm talking about -- all they seem to mouth over and over again - Is your Internet working --YES IT IS but that's not the problem Grrrhhhhhhh Cheers jimbo

A:Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac)

Hi Jimbo,
there are a few tweeks you can make here,
Throughput enhancement is the major amendment just depends on your adapters options.
and then theres the bandwidth 5.2 is faster.

see screenshots, notepad Advanced are mine

Roy

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39642-wifi-speed-well-below-thereoretical-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am a complete noob re WiFi (alway use hard wired) but recently bought a cheap USB dongle described as 150Mbps 11n. On testing I found I was getting about 22Mbps download with the dongle (1 metre from router) compared to 62Mbps wired. Upload speed was about the same as wired.

A bit of Googling told me this was a simplex/duplex problem. I did a test with a friends laptop and got full speed, so its not my router (BT homehub) and I have the latest driver from Windows update. So - is this about par for a four quid WiFi dongle, or do I need to set some value or other to get duplex? I could see this half speed business being a problem for someone already on a low speed line.

A:USB WiFi speed half that of wired

Hi 3D Jed.

Could I have more details on the USB Dongle please?

Also is it a 3.0 USB? Maybe you friend has usb 3 and you only have usb 2?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287391-usb-wifi-speed-half-wired.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This forum doesn't seem super active probably Wifi Mbps?! 20 Speed to Limited because of the few Helix owners but I'll post my question anyway hoping someone can confirm nbsp My wifi speed is limited to Mbps nbsp Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?! Whether connecting to the internet or on my intranet nbsp Top of the line ac router few feet away no interferences copying files to or from a PC which is connected to the network by ethernet nbsp I get no more than MB sec nbsp Same location nbsp with a -yr old laptop - MB sec nbsp Reboots driver update etc no difference nbsp Different router and location is the same nbsp The Helix reports the wifi card as a too nbsp nbsp Not n or a n nbsp nbsp Connecting the USB to ethernet lenovo adpater I get MB sec so close to the mbps limit nbsp of the adpater that's normal nbsp Issue well accessing data and for example browsing pic tures on my NAS or another PC is very painful at MB sec nbsp At - MB sec on my laptop it's instantaneous no pb nbsp I'm ok if it's a small cheaper Atom tablet but not so much for a laptop tablet nbsp My basic -yr old laptop does times better nbsp Or is my Helix faulty nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Wifi Speed Limited to 20 Mbps?!

I second that, the Lenovo team should take a closer look at this problem.I'm oscilating around 4MB/s, which is also slower than expected, sometimes even dropping to 2,5.It could be a driver fault, hopefully fixable.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Wifi-Speed-Limited-to-20-Mbps/td-p/1206872
Relevancy 46.87%

My first book went 4 months good speed functional loved it. Then DEAD
BB replaced ..then one week after receiving the new unit. Unstable and even though we have 100 mbs speed the book only runs at 7 SEVEN.
Try that on you tube 4K. Hah.
Tried the supposed fix in RegEdit
To nanda. Any clues folks before I depart to Linux,

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441508-wifi-speed-drops-zip-first-week-use.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi , i got in my new y700 2.5 mbs download speed..when i check the download speed with my old laptop its approximately 20 mbs.. so please help.. i checked and tried every solution in the net..please if you know the right solution help me..thanks 

A:Y700 slow wifi speed

network adapter : intel ac 3165current driver : 18.40.0.9OS: win 10 - 64bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3343154
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear community I must first admit that I am on Windows The reason I went over to here instead of eightforums is due to the activity there I am really From - issues to WiFi ~300KB/s ~8MB/s speed fed up of this problem so I found myself best to post it here The problem I am trying to resolve is that after the upgrade of my Laptop from Win to Win everything was behaving fine My WiFi speeds were around - MB s as it has been before Just perfect nothing wrong It lasted like a day or Suddenly when I had been at a friend with my laptop I realised that my network speed was terrible I had a quick speedtest KB s I was shocked and decided it had to be my router Resetting however did not help The strange thing was that all other devices even my phone gave around WiFi speed issues - From ~8MB/s to ~300KB/s MB s I concluded it was my laptop that was behaving improper I had tried everything from updating drivers to getting old ones from reconfiguring to disabling a variety of settings and so forth Nothing helped Until today when I realised that at my friend's home I had my own speeds back well his speeds This is very strange as this shows neither the laptop nor the router is the problem I have just resetted my router to factory settings and still a nope I am completely confused What am I to do now

A:WiFi speed issues - From ~8MB/s to ~300KB/s

Welcome to Seven Forums,

You may fiddle the wireless mode setting of your router. If your router is a modern one that supports N, usually by default it's on Mixed Mode, change it to an G/N or N. Depending on your Wi-Fi adapter, if your Wi-Fi adapter supports N then try my suggestion.

Is your router's firmware also up to date?

An update will be much appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287508-wifi-speed-issues-8mb-s-300kb-s.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys, - I know I download at 16Mbps as per speed tests on my wifi..

the issue I have is why doesn't it use much much more than 4-5Mbps when I watch Youtube videos?? this really upsets me because I try to watch 720p high quality videos and they take awhile to load especially when I want to skip around..

so I'm ready for suggestions..

is it settings in my adapter? I have Qos totally unchecked and turned off in advanced adapter settings..

A:Want correct speed for my wifi using youtube..

Youtube uses a Variable Streaming rate. Since you run it inside your web browser, there is no way of knowing what the data stream actually is.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68966-want-correct-speed-my-wifi-using-youtube.html
Relevancy 46.87%

well i am having a issue ive tryed everything speed of this 50%-70% on laptop wifi only loss know to man to fix the issue i pay for internet until here recently im only getting mbs- mbs download speed and my ping is - over what it usually is i can be a couple inches away from the router and only have signal - dBm ive reset my os times and reconfigured router numerous times ive set to all wifi speed loss of 50%-70% only on this laptop channels no help all the same all my other devices get FULL speed i can bring my laptop to my parents charter and it will still not get FULL speeds i had amd quick stream i seen were it was alot of peoples issues but not mine im starting to believe its the adapter i bought one for not even a few hours ago off ebay hoping its the culprit no firewall is on all drivers have been updated reinstalled and updated with no luck if anyone has any info on what i may be doing wrong would be very greatfull

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67161-wifi-speed-loss-50-70-only-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have a high-speed Internet connection at home The main computer is connected through an Ethernet cable off a cable-modem and both the download and upload speeds are excellent just as the ISP claims it to be Then the afore-mentioned cable-modem is linked to my Mbps TP-Link WR ND router so that I can get Wi-Fi on my iPhone Internet WiFi Speed Home I have been running several Internet speed Home WiFi Internet Speed tests and the download speed just won't go any higher than Mbps Upload speed is perfectly fine Gone through some tutorials and then all the settings on the router and everything is fine Plus the iPhone is designed for Wi-Fi ultra-high speeds well over Mbps Am I missing something How come I cannot get any more speed When I do the tests the phone Home WiFi Internet Speed is just centimetres away from the router so there's no walls objects or anything that may slow things down by over as it is the case What can I do Is there any possibilities of getting at least of the maximum speed

A:Home WiFi Internet Speed

This really isn't a Windows 8 issue , you will need to ask in the TP-Link support area/forums to see how you can change your wifi channels etc to maximise your throughput.

I can say that under normal use you will never get 300 Mbs using wifi , the network overheads and more will reduce that to 180-200Mbs maximum , 300 is a very idealised figure.

As for iPhone 5 , I do remember there were issues with wifi speeds , binarytoad details the issue here iPhone 5 Slow Wifi Fix (workaround) - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30901-home-wifi-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ Vista
Using the Wifi connection to the internet (wireless) to building Wifi, the signal strength is strong but the speed is poor. My regular desktop shows speeds are fine (used in the same area). (Desktop >16Mbs...Laptop <1 to 4.5Mbs.

Dell help is non existent. Computer given to me by son of recently deceased friend,

Relevancy 46.87%

my new yoga700 14 wifi gets very slow  , it shows 150mbps in the wireless network status, wheras my other laptop can get more than 300mbps connecting to the same router. both laptops are sitting very close to the router without any blocking, the signal strenth is full. my yoga 700 comes with the QCA9377 adapter . The wireless router is linksys e4200v2 working in wireless N 5GHz mode . I have tried installing the latest drivers from lenovo webside and fiddling with the settings in the adapter drivers but no avail. please help 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/yoga700-14-slow-wifi-speed/td-p/3374409
Relevancy 46.87%

I have halo 2 and a dell 531 inspiron.
Its VERY SLOW and i was told there were speed tweaks you could do to a computer to make it faster so halo 2 could run fast. i have the MINIMUM requirements for this. the bare minimum. Basically i have 2 gb ram
and a pitiful Graphic card. 6150 N vidia Geforce. anyone know how to tweak the speed of this computer?

And also: I have a wifi adapter for my wii/ds/psp and i dont know how to set it up so i can use it. I have the instructions and they confused me i dont know if im supposed to bridge or something. if i bridge though it tells me it cannot find anything that it can connect to. I have dsl (LAC) and a Wifi adapter Usb. can anyone help with one or the other?

A:Halo Not Up to speed. Wifi not working either.

I don't think your graphics card is capable of running Halo 2 properly, even though its an old game its technically flawed and demands the same kind of requirements as quite a lot of games in the past year have. You can try putting the image quality down to minimum, but then it wouldn't be very enjoyable. You could also try downloading the latest Nvidia drivers from their website, if yours are not up to date that could be your problem. However I'm not sure any of them options will grant you much success, if you have PCI-E or AGP slots in your motherboard you can buy Nvidia 6800/7800/8800 cards that will run the game exceptionally well

As for the WIFI problem, I also have a connection that does not seem to work and I think this could be because it recieves data rather than sends it, maybe thats why yours does not work correctly??...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/halo-not-up-to-speed-wifi-not-working-either.95591/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I need help with this network problem There is computers and smartphones in my house all of them have - mbits internet speed except my PC I have tried many things like Restart modem router Boot my pc in safe mode Scanned for virus or malware ipconfig flushdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh winsock Slow pc wifi speed on only internet my from reset catalog netsh int ip reset reset log uninstalling reinstalling the driver Format my pc I cant use ethernet because my cable is not long enough But nothing Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc seems to help at all I have even tried to switch Slow internet speed from wifi only on my pc the wireless adapter with my brother but that didn t help either So can someone please help guide me through this Because I cant play my games or stream youtube hell even web browsing takes forever to load now My spec i k ghz GB RAM AMD R x Radeon gb ASUS P Z -v LX Motherboard ASUS PCE N n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, my laptops wifi speed drops from 54Mbps down to 1Mbps which is often causing me to disconnect from web application etc I am currently using a usb wifi dongle and the speed does not drop from 54Mbps which has made me believe the problem lies with the laptops internal wifi settings, after re installing my internal wifi's driver to a more recent version the problem is still the same, I am using a lenovo t61 laptop and my wirless router is a D-LINK DSL-240R, please help with any suggestions on how to fix my internal wifi so that its speed is a constant 54Mbps as my 2 other laptops and notebooks are all at 54Mbps, because of this I believe this is an isolated problem. Many thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Here USB vs WiFi comparison sustained speed s my setup In my bedroom I have my modem wireless router Netgear WGR v and my desktop computer which has a large HDD with all my movies TV shows and music In my living room I have my Xbox and new device I just recently installed PBO Patriot Box Office Core Media Player The media player has ports for USB and ethernet hard drive connections Basically what I m looking for is a way to convert the wireless signal in my living room into a physical connection ethernet cable which I can plug into my USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison PBO and watch high def p resolution videos from my desktop I know that a USB wifi adapter would be simpler but there s one thing I m trying to determine before I buy bottlenecking I crunched the numbers not quite sure how USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison accurately mind you haha and here s what I saw - a recent bandwidth test using my desktop reported my upload speed around kpbs KB s whereas the sustained speed of USB is reportedly anywhere from MB s to MB s way higher Does this mean that USB s top potential sustained transfer rate is being bottlenecked by my internet connection speed Are my numbers helpful accurate at all Any input is much appreciated nbsp

A:USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison

USB device will always be limited to the bandwidth of the port. You can't make the wireless go faster than it's rated bandwidth either. The USB will not be bottlenecked, it will take whatever comes in up to it's rated bandwidth.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-vs-wifi-sustained-speed-comparison.1042320/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Some time ago I noticed that the internet on my laptop HP Z Book 17 G3 is very slow . On a daily basis I use the wifi network in my office . I ran the speed test that showed max . 0,4Mbps !! What's interesting when I connect the laptop to the same router via ethernet cable internet begins to operate at normal speed of about 17Mbps From the moment a problem occurs, I installed the latest drivers ( 19.1.0.4 ) for the wifi card (Dual Band Wireless - AC 8260) and the latest Bios Version (N81 Ver. 01.09)   HelpKrisNext 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Z-Book-17-G3-WiFi-speed-problem/td-p/5742761
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi this is my first post here found you while googleing my issues and hopefully you can help We moved into a new build house at the end of April and finally got FTTC connected months later the great news is the cabinet is m away Wifi Inconsistent No Speed Rt-ac66u Better. Is but the bad news is the speed is really up and down when the line was installed the BT engineer did his test and was getting down and up when i tested via Inconsistent Wifi Speed Rt-ac66u Is No Better. ethernet i was getting down and up Not a problem But over wifi it was a different story the highest i was seeing was Inconsistent Wifi Speed Rt-ac66u Is No Better. down up was always between - so i wasnt over fussed about that but wanted to know why i could only get half the speed over wifi subsequent research has enlightened me to the limitations of wifi etc so after several discussions with my ISP utility warehouse i came to accept that Mbps was the fastest i was going to see with the supplied Thomson TG n Pro The big issue came later that day when the speed started fluctuating from the low 's down to Mbps New firmware and then a replacement router later and it was back to a steady ish 's During all this i had started looking into a replacement upgrade router and had bitten the bullet and bought a Asus RT-AC u I did look at the N u but amazon had the ac u on offer at more and my wifes sony Z phone supports AC so thought i might as well Set it all up using the built in quick setup and instantly i was getting Mbps Fantastic but it didnt last and it too started fluctuating I have updated the firmware times and now currently running Merlin I have played around with various settings and at the moment it is holding between - Mbps but still very hit and miss Running Inssider and signal strength is very good - db but the speed with drop even though the signal doesnt we have no overlapping wifi as the houses next door are empty and not picking up any other neighbours wifi no cordless phones and the microwave is rooms away the other side of the house Any input would be greatly appreciated Here are the reports from all the scans requested Cheers James MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by James administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users James Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled ProxyServer quot Reset IE Proxy Settings quot IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings quot Reset FF Proxy Settings quot Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Local Area Connection Connected Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Bluetooth Network Connection Media disconnected Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name James-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A-E - - - E-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -BD-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter Physical Address -E - - - E-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes ... Read more

A:Inconsistent Wifi Speed Rt-ac66u Is No Better.

Welcome to the forum. A very bad infection of lots of malware it will take time to go through your logs please be patient. Your DNS is timing out set your DNS to 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 disable ipv6. You hard drive is also corrupt find cmd.exe right click choose run as admin then type chkdsk c: /r it will say disk locked test on start say yes. Then repeat for all other drives by changing c: to the drive letters ie d:

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/118304-inconsistent-wifi-speed-rt-ac66u-no-better.html
Relevancy 46.87%

For my laptop, the speed was 300Mbps few days before but it changed to 54Mbps last night. I did not change any settings for my router and adapter and the only software I installed during this period is Windows update of March. I found the client monitor in router's setup page displays 802.11n is disabled. So what are the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've got the adapter driver to be the latest one.

A:WiFi speed down from 300Mbps to 54Mbps??

set wireless channel to automatic?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219952-wifi-speed-down-300mbps-54mbps.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi , i want to know how i can limit the speed of my connection to selected devices,i have a prolink N5001 router and a 6mbps connection ,i need to assign specific speeds to different devices using the wifi(like for the phone and laptop)

A:Limiting Bandwith or speed in Wifi?

You would need to use QOS to do that. Which that router does not have the capability of doing so.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53522-limiting-bandwith-speed-wifi.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I was running windows 8.1 I got download speeds of 76 Mbps and upload of 33Mbps. Since upgrading to windows 10 Home the MAXIMUM download speed is 23 Mbps and upload of 10Mbps. How do I correct this problem remembering that I am a novice with respect to computers.
I am using a i7 duel 2.50 processor with 16 GB ram.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/55545-wifi-speed-reduction-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I was running windows 8.1 I got download speeds of 76 Mbps and upload of 33Mbps. Since upgrading to windows 10 Home the MAXIMUM download speed is 23 Mbps and upload of 10Mbps. How do I correct this problem remembering that I am a novice with respect to computers.
I am using a i7 duel 2.50 processor with 16 GB ram.

A:WiFi Speed reduction with Windows 10

I just upgraded a friend's laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Home and with Windows 10 Home it was getting 10-25 Mbps. The temporary fix was to connect the laptop to an Ethernet cable. I told the owner to contact their ISP and get a better modem. I hope it is not Windows 10 Home that is causing this problem.

Maybe this problem is caused by interference? I did notice that the laptop was getting much stronger signals from the neighbours which are much further away than this cable modem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55545-wifi-speed-reduction-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Wireless Speed is AWFUL! Windows is reporting full bars, but intermittent connections.
Out of warranty I have replaced the wireless card twice now only for temporary fixes, tried new antennas and display, no difference.
updated to the latest drivers/bios no virus's or malware to be found. Freshly re-imaged.
XPS 14 L421X Dell 14 inch laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19966087
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a DELL Desktop with XP & VAIO Laptop with Vista Home premium,I tried to measure the download speed by connecting both of them thru LAN connection (one by one)

I have 16000 tariff, for desktop I get 15000 kb/s & Laptop 11000 kb/s
I also tried also auto tuning TCP/IP receive Level but no use.....

Can any body Help? Thanks in advance.

A:Less Download speed

Can Any body please.......... help???

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/212769-less-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 599222 MB, Free - 557393 MB; D: Total - 11154 MB, Free - 1621 MB;
Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION, Narra6, 6.01, 103245170004372
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

Currently, Road Runner turbo download speed is 14.9mbps, upload 1.92 mbs.
Is this considered satisfactory? Please advise. Thanks for your time.
Go Steelers,
Elisabethm

A:Download speed

Howdy,

Those speeds seem OK....but it depends what speed you are suppose to have...do you know?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.972894/
Relevancy 46.87%

I AM USING WINDOWS XP HOME. AND HAVE BELLSOUTH INTERNET SERVICE.AM ALSO USINGSPEDDCONNECT XP.ANY WAY IVE GOTTEN MY SPEED UP TO 272 KPBSAND MY DOWNLOAD UP TO 79KBPS,WHICH COMES OUT TO9.9 KBSDOWNLOAD AND35 KPS UPLOAD.IVE CHECK MY RESULTS ON DIFFRENT SPEED SIGHTS SPEAKEASY.SPEEDNET ANDA FEW OTHERS.AND GET THE SAME READINGS.SO HERE IS MY QUESTION.THE BEST I CAN GET ON DOWNLOADS IS 4.0.AND IVE USED ALL THREE BROWSERS. SO WHY IS THERE THAT BIG OF A DIFFRENTS BETWENN THE TEST AND MY ACTUAL DOWNLOAD'.Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123740/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

How can i speed up my download speed?

A:Download Speed

Get a faster router ... I use a 1Ghz PC with 512MB RAM running Linux. Next, you'll need to purchase from your ISP at least 5mb down. Keep in mind that some sites cannot deliver that fast.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/209856-download-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My download speed changed .
My speed is 1500/512 up to 4 weeks ago my average download speed was around 120-140Kb/s which is a good average.

Then I did a hard drive format, since then my speed as droped to 54-62Kb/s.

I have been onto my server support which is bigpond but get no help or sence out of them .

Anyone come across the same thing.

Pat

A:download speed

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed.717180/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have 0.5M broadband via a LAN with DLink router. I've got IE 5.5 on Windows ME.
Download (pages or files) speeds vary randomly from as low as 300 B/sec (!) to ~ 50kB/sec (the norm).
Often pages won't load and/or timeout. Occasionally the 'refresh' button seems the trigger a page to download immediately. The router is showing the LAN and DSL both connected.

Is this a known problem? Is it a PC, router or line problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70658/download-speed/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently got Uverse .
Originally I had 6gb down speed, and they kept raising it because of their billing errors.

They raised it to 18gb at same price ( $19.95 mo. on a promotion.)

Then I got an SSD, and they reneged on their price and wanted $50.00 mo. for the 18gb.

They rolled me back to 6gb, and my speed seems fine.

I backed up my C drive and it took 5 minutes, including verification.

They are now calling me to increase the speed, but I see no need.

Would increasing Uverse speed do anything more than what I have?

Thanks,

Paul

A:Download speed

No...not really. The only advantage to a speed increase would be if you do some serious movie downloading or streaming, or you did some extensive online gaming. I know plenty of people with around same dwonload speed as you and almost never have a problem. If it's working well for you I'd keep it as is....if your needs change at a later date, you can always upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255855-download-speed.html