Windows Support Forum

Dell 390 Tower with 3 Video Cards having issue with getting vid cards to work in pcie x 1 ports... need help

Q: Dell 390 Tower with 3 Video Cards having issue with getting vid cards to work in pcie x 1 ports... need help

We have a Dell 390 tower that has 1 pcie x16 port and 2 pcie x1 ports. We have 3 additional videos cards other then the onboard but we are having difficulty getting all the video cards to work. The mutiple option only comes up when you add the video card in pcie x 16 slot but will not come up if you remove that card and put video cards into the other slots. Need help getting all video cards to work at the same time.
Additional Video Cards ( all 3 besides onboard) are :
EVGA GeForce 8400 GS DirectX 10 01G-P3-1303-RX 1GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card
We have converter cables converting the pcie x 16 to pcie x 1. We've seen where other people with this same setup have gotten them all to work together but we just can't crack the code...any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19991425
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell 390 Tower with 3 Video Cards having issue with getting vid cards to work in pcie x 1 ports... need help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 106.64%

What im ultimately looking for is a way to power up my notebook video-wise I have a Toshiba Satellite M I want to Laptops: Usb cards, or PCIe adapter? video to a External be able to play games better I have already upgraded my RAM to GB and looking into upgrading it further to GB However my current video card is a complete let-down It is an ATI RADEON XPRESS M mobile I was looking for a way to make my video performance better I do not want to take apart my notebook and i DO NOT want to get a new computer and i cant so dont say that Here are my options Get an external video card I dont know if these have come out yet but i tried looking it up on google and just got paragraphs of people ranting about how sweet theyre gunna be when they come out -OR- Get some sort of external adapter than let me use PCIe or AGP cards Maybe there is a USB connector that you plug into your laptop and it leads to a box where you can input an AGP or PCIe video card Does this exist i looked on google but i couldnt seem to phrase it right and always got results of PCIe or AGP cards that have USB inputs not the other way around Thanks for any suggestions or please is there is another way to inprove my performance WITHOUT BUYING A NEW COMP please let me know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 99.76%

as the post states, are there such thing as video cards sending sound though it's HDMI or DVI output ports?

like for example...

an nVidia or ATI card providing sound through its HDMI (like a blu-ray player) or DVI outputs.

Relevancy 99.33%

Hi there,

My computer came with a VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP card, which is apparently a Graphics/Video Card with onboard video (or the other way around, video w/ onboard graphics) Now, this is a terrible card- it can barely play any modern games. I want to get a new graphics card, but I'm concerned if I install a new Graphics Card, that because of the onboard video, it will affect this greatly, or if I actually need a video card instead of graphics. What do I actually need, and will it adversely affect anything on my PC.

I can provide more information if you want...

A:Installing New Graphics Cards with Onboard Video/Graphic Cards

We need to know what mobo you have and what slots it has.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-graphics-cards-with-onboard-video-graphic-cards.91405/
Relevancy 95.03%

i am constructing a pc and any type of video card i put into my computer does not work, the light for the monitor stays yellow, as in inactive. i would use on-board video to set it up but the on board plug i back wards ( the needles are in place instead of holes to fit the pins.) i have an AGP msi FX5200 and another AGP card (dunu wat type) and a PCI video card and none of which seem to work. whenever i unscrew the plug that goes into the video card the monitor says no signal, check video cable? any suggestions plz. thank you.

your friendly neighborhood Galer (gaming alias)

Relevancy 94.6%

Hey, im looking yet again to upgrade my laptop. This time I want to know the best possible video card for gaming compatible with my laptop. Halo 2 wont run All posts appreciated!

A:video cards for dell e1505

You can't change the video in the E1505/6400, at least not without a complete mainboard swap. From what I've researched on this model, the base version used Intel 9xx series integrated video while more upmarket versions had some ATi video built in. Whatever the best video was available in this series is still underpowered for current games.

This is one of those laptop models where the manufacturer offered a wide range of options and short of having it in hand with a functional install of Windows with all the correct drivers, the only way to know what it shipped with is to use the service code at Dell.

But whatever it already has for video is what you're stuck with. There are some rather expensive adapters to connect a desktop PCI Express video card to the ExpressCard slot but you only get x1 speed and the video doesn't go to the laptop's screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/10773-video-cards-dell-e1505.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have done some research on here and noted that a 750ti card would work in a 3010MT with factory 260W PSU. 

However I have a couple of other questions please. I am not a heavy gamer, is there anything a little less substantial than a 750ti that would work with my factory PSU in the 3010MT Optiplex? Or is it best just to go for the 750ti ( non SC version ) full height?

Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993218
Relevancy 94.17%

I need to connect 12 monitors on this Z240 workstation. The system board has  1 PCI Express Gen3 slot x 1 mechanical/ x 1 electrical (full height, full length)1 PCI Express Gen3 slot x 16 mechanical/ x 16 electrical (full height, full length)1 PCI Express Gen3 slot x 4 mechanical/ x 4 electrical (full height, full length)1 PCI Express Gen3 slot x 16 mechanical/ x 4 electrical (full height, full length) I have installed 2 Nvidia NVS 510 on 2 PCI-Ex16 without issue, and each card has 4 output. The PCI-Ex4 slot does not have enough space for 3rd video card, so I will have to use PCI-Ex1.  Will this new video card work with the old cards at the same time?  If YES, what video card has 4 output and is supported by HP? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-3-Video-Cards-work-at-the-same-time/td-p/5686655
Relevancy 94.17%

BlooChoo said:

hmm.. yeh the old drivers on the cd may be toooo old hehe

#but it deffinatly sounds like a prob with the card..im guessing that the older card was a lower spec than the newer one and there was no problem b4?Click to expand...

I have a project due on capture cards for my college english class i a very interested in learning about capture cards and how they work if someone could please give me some info on them it would be greatly aprreciated
i am new this computer world and i havent found any web sites that could help me with my problems that o have been having lately so if you could also lend me a website i could visit that would help me i would also be greatful.thanx

Relevancy 94.17%

Hey work Video Cards to refusing guys first post so here goes Ever since I had a little problem uninstalling a virus program not completeing the uninstall was very Video Cards refusing to work very smart I haven t been able to run my Voodoo PCI or an old Voodoo Banshee PCI I have deleted the drivers reinstalled them just about everything I wouldn t think that the uninstall of the virus program did this I fixed this by going into the registry don t know if that would spread some light on the problem because the video and virus program seem to be two completely different things to me I have an STB Velocity onboard the motherboard and it seemed to coexist with the other cards when they were there What I m saying is before this whole incident came about the STb got along just fine with the other cards and let the Voodoos run the video Now I have no clue what is going on I just want my Voodoos to work once again System Intel Celeron MHz MB PC- RAM STB Velocity OnBoard Voodoo PCI and Voodoo Banshee refusing to work both old and new drivers do not help the situation Any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks a bunch nbsp

A:Video Cards refusing to work

did you disable the onboard in the bios or with a jumper, I'm a little surprised they coexisted. Both are 2d 3d cards and I would have though they would have conflicted with the onboard.

did you delete the registry keys for 3dfx and then try to install the cards. Make sure you back up the registry before trying anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-refusing-to-work.45618/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello I have a question I am running a 64-bit 7 Pci cards work Video will that Windows with Quad Screen set-up I have been running Windows -bit With video cards PCI-E ATI Radeon HD and PCI Pci Video cards that will work with Windows 7 64-bit Geforce FX for a total of screens Now it was working great in Windows -bit but ever since i upgraded to Windows - bit Its not working at Now i have been reading alot on this forum that alot of people have trouble getting the FX working After trying many different drivers i finally was able Pci Video cards that will work with Windows 7 64-bit to get it working The only catch is that I had to turn off aero and disable other aero features so it can run with better performance But even after doing that The ony problem i have is that videos such as in youtube Run slow seem to lag a little and worse when i put it on full screen I figure its the card because its so old and its a pci card So my question is Is there another pci video card that will work on -bit On an Acer Aspire M

A:Pci Video cards that will work with Windows 7 64-bit

had a look about and you seem to have the best available pci card, i'll be honest i thought they were out of production for nearly 10 years now.

the issue will no doubt be the 64 bit os, i doubt drivers were ever done for that gpu to support 64 bit os.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/249599-pci-video-cards-will-work-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello!

It seems as if every gamer has dual video cards these days. I have another PCI-E slot just sitting there and would love to add another video card on top of my Nvidia 8800 GT.

Do I need to get a certain video card, or can I pick any one? (I didn't know if it's like dual memory where you have to have the same amount of memory in each video card [i.e. - two 512MB cards, two 1GB cards, etc.])

Also, if I'm running two video cards...which one do I plug the monitor into?

Thanks!

Relevancy 94.17%

i was looking at best buy's memory center thing online. So I choose my PC manufacture and model then under the specs it says:

bus architecture- PCI/AGP

Someone please tell me that means AGP cards will work on my system.

A:Will AGP video cards work in my PCI slot?

First of all, I want to say that you can never put a card into another designated slot. Do you know what motherboard model you have? You can find out by downloading this and opening the cpuz.exe file and then going to the mainboard tab. Mainboard = Another name for motherboard .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-agp-video-cards-work-in-my-pci-slot.78074/
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm trying to run a game in High Def and it says I need to upgrade to GEFORCE 3 or better. Is this a video or a graphics card and what is the best choice to fix this problem.
I've read posts on graphics card and have it down to a choice between GEFORCE and ATI Radeon 3870 that Im having a hard time making since I don't know much about this yet and my comp is at least 5 yrs old. Running an EMachine 3400, 512 mb with windows xp and extra membory added. And which is better the 9600 Geforce or the 3?

Relevancy 92.88%

Hi,
I play games like Everquest and Battlefield Vietnam. I wanted to upgrade my videocard but I am not sure whether or not that is possible. I have a Dell Inspiron 5150 with an Nvidia GeForce 5200, and I would greatly like to upgrade it. I was thinking ATI radeon 700x or something? But again, I'm not sure if that is possible.
Thanks

A:Laptop Video cards Dell Inspiron 5150

Most laptops do not have replaceable video cards (they use a version of on-board video).

Some Dell models do have a separate card, but its very proprietary, not anything like a standard card. You would need to check with Dell.

I suspect that your chance is about zero of upgrading a laptop video though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-video-cards-dell-inspiron-5150.295731/
Relevancy 92.45%

I hae Dell output and (usb no win i m1710 audio 8. work?) that cards digital a dell m installed win rtm on it In win i have options of digital audio out Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro usb with Dell m1710 and no digital audio output i win 8. (usb cards that work?) optical S PDIF out Dell composite video adapter with digital coax out Sigmatel high definition audio codec In win i tried first the Audio Advantage Micro usb had to install with Disable driver signature enforcement then only got stereo despite the card was not recognized by the Turtle Beach software Then installed Sigmatel high definition audio codec Code Title Audio SIGMATEL STAC XX C-Major HD Audio Driver Version A OEM Name SIGMATEL OEM Ver Computers L MXC M B B ME MM MP MXC Latitude L L ATG D D D D D D D D D c D D D XT Precision M M M M M Vostro Notebook XPS M M MXC MXG MXP OS Windows Vista -bit Windows Vista -bit Languages Brazilian Portuguese Chinese-S Chinese-T English French German Japanese Korean Spanish Created Thu Nov CST It looks like it installed ok the display on the receiver can detect that theres some kind of signal but i get no audio I have set it to standard default when running tests on it i can hear some low static from the speakers Anyone knoqw what the problem could be Or recopmmend another usb dongle that can take S PDIF out for digital surround to receiver

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/8947-dell-m1710-no-digital-audio-output-i-win-8-usb-cards-work.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a PCIe x1 graphics card but my new computer has a much longer PCIe x16 slot. I have found adapters for using a x16 card in a x1 slot but not the other way round. Is it possible to use my x1 card in a x16 slot or will I need to get a new card? Many thanks.

Relevancy 92.45%

hi so i have a dell studio 1458 laptop. now i have a Express Card (EC) on it and in the manual says that it can do all kool things like wifi cards and what not. however in the manual, it also says *not compatable with PC cards* however im trying to do this:

External Graphics Card - Add a eGPU video card to your laptop PE4H PE4L - YouTube

so i can play nice games and what not. but that is calling for a PCI express slot. what i have, is it an PCI express slot, and will that work with that PE4H adapter? or no cause it just can support PCI express since the manual says. i figured id ask B/C its an adapter.

A:Help with EC and PCIE cards

I can't imagine that actually working, or why anyone would want to have exposed components and a power supply sitting around. Why not just have a desktop for gaming, considering that isn't a portable solution anyway?

Simply put, if you want to play the latest games, a laptop isn't the way to go unless you drop some serious coin. That's the trade off you agree to with a laptop, in exchange for portability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/279274-help-ec-pcie-cards.html
Relevancy 92.02%

What VIDEO CARDS Work on my computer? (I have COMPLETE specs)

Ignore my other posts, I have found my computers complete specs, can someone tell me an affordable (less then $100) video card that can run WoW well?

here link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bpb11683&lc=en

A:What VIDEO CARDS Work on my computer (have COMPLETE specs)?

In my specs, it says AGP 4X 1.5v, does that mean any video cards that say 8X i cant use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-cards-work-on-my-computer-have-complete-specs.38137/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello everyone,  A little over a month my computer showed test diagnostics that my fault
On Error Code 2000-0334. I realized that this video card failure or something like that
I have in my possession two video cards each one of Nvidia and Intel
Intel's card is burned, so understood, and Nibidh worksI need to somehow pass the Hnibidh work and turn off Intel would love to helpComputer image: 
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19992849
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello everyone,  A little over a month my computer showed test diagnostics that my fault
On Error Code 2000-0334. I realized that this video card failure or something like that
I have in my possession two video cards each one of Nvidia and Intel
Intel's card is burned, so understood, and Nibidh worksI need to somehow pass the Hnibidh work and turn off Intel would love to helpComputer image: 
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990729
Relevancy 91.16%

Simple question really;

I'm about to purchase a BTX-chassi and a BTX-motherboard. The motherboard has a regular PCIe x16-slot.

I do also have a graphics card with the PCIe x16 interface, from my old ATX-chassi.

Can I simply pop the card in the PCIe-slot, or does the BTX-structure require something else like an inverted card specifically made for the BTX?

A:Does PCIe x16-cards fit in BTX-chassis as well?

i'm pretty sure it works all the same, with the slot being the same distance from the chassis itself as with an ATX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-pcie-x16-cards-fit-in-btx-chassis-as-well.154401/
Relevancy 91.16%

In my Asus Z A MB I have an Trouble PCIe Cards with The EVGA video card in the PCIe x slot and started out with Asus PCE-N wifi card and Soundblaster Z sound card in the PCIe x and PCIe x slots Now I want to put an SSD in the M slot which knocks out the PCIe x and PCIe x slots So I moved the wifi into the PCIe x slot and the sound card into the PCIe x slot But they didn't migrate I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers from the manufacturer and this worked for The Trouble with PCIe Cards the sound card but not for the wifi card The only indication that I installed the The Trouble with PCIe Cards driver is that it shows up in Apps amp Features The device manager shows the onboard Intel LAN network adapter but still not the Asus wifi adapter Maybe I shouldn't expect this since before I uninstalled reinstalled the driver it said under quot Events quot in device manager that a PCI card failed to migrate the same as it did with the sound card driver and that the PCIe card quot needed further installation quot The manual says quot When using PCI cards on shared slots ensure that the drivers support The Trouble with PCIe Cards 'Share IRQ' or that the cards do not need IRQ assignments quot but I don't know what to do with that bit of info The video card has worked the whole time incidentally How do I finish configuring the wifi PCIe card I'm out of ideas of what to try next Thanks in advance

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128074-trouble-pcie-cards.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Does anyone know of an affordable adapter to be able to use an old PCI card in a system with only PCIe and PCIe x 16 slots. I'm trying to utilize my old ' Turtle Beach Video Advantage PCI' in my current system that only has PCIe and PCIe x 16 slots. (ASUS M2R32-MVP mother board) I found something that might work but the cost is like $1100.00.Is there a better way. ( I know they make the Video Advantage USB but I like the "PCI' usability. Any thoughts would be greatly welcome! Thanks guys!!

A:Solved: PCI versus PCIe cards. Please help once again!

I looked at a photo of your board and it showed two PCI slots. If your video card is a PCI card why can't you use it in one of the two slots?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pci-versus-pcie-cards-please-help-once-again.811827/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have a XFX GeForce 9800 GT installed on my Asus P5N-E in one of my two PCIex16 slots, I also have a HD 4350 ATI Radion that I would like to install so I can use the hdmi output to my receiver. I have to hold off on getting a HTPC for a bit. Soon I hope.

Thanks

A:Will 7work with Nvidia & ATI PCIe cards together?

Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMan

I have a XFX GeForce 9800 GT installed on my Asus P5N-E in one of my two PCIex16 slots, I also have a HD 4350 ATI Radion that I would like to install so I can use the hdmi output to my receiver. I have to hold off on getting a HTPC for a bit. Soon I hope.

Thanks

Hi ZooMan.......
the mobo you have is an ''SLI'' board as im sure your aware, they obviously wont work in tandem, & i don't think they'll work independantly of each other either as it would require 2 different drivers...

just buy a ''DVI to HDMI'' dongle
i could be wrong but i don't think it will work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/21141-will-7work-nvidia-ati-pcie-cards-together.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I believe I am talking about quot fake quot raid here To the point I am building a file server using FreeNAS with a PC thats over a few years old I d say around - years RAID best PCIe, option? PCI and cards, wanting to set up a RAID function with this I ve learned after a bit of reading that there are such things as fake raid where the processor actually handle where the data goes and this is fine as these RAID cards, PCI and PCIe, best option? also seem to be much cheaper I m using a bit older mobo can post model later upon request that has SATA ports for RAID or I am considering getting a card to support up to HDDs Here are options I ve been looking at Syba PCI Express SATA II x Ports RAID Controller Card SY-PEX Adaptec RAID SA - Storage controller RAID - Channel - SATA- low profile - MBps - RAID JBOD - PCI Express x SYBA SY-PCI PCI Low Profile SATA II Gb s Controller Card Adaptec -R SA PCI Express X -Port SATA GBS Low-profile Host RAID Controller Now I realize Amazon com doesnt give good descriptions Also is there a RAID function build into FreeNAS I cannot seem to get window shares to work with that so I still need to work that out using nbsp

A:RAID cards, PCI and PCIe, best option?

Here are options I've been looking at.

Syba PCI Express SATA II 4 x Ports RAID Controller Card SY-PEX40008

Adaptec RAID 1430SA - Storage controller (RAID) - 4 Channel - SATA-300 low profile - 300 MBps - RAID 0, 1, 10, JBOD - PCI Express x4

SYBA SY-PCI40026 PCI Low Profile SATA II (3.0Gb/s) Controller Card

Adaptec 2240900-R 1430SA PCI Express X4 4-Port SATA 3GBS Low-profile Host RAID ControllerClick to expand...

Adaptec has been the leader for decades and using the CARD avoids the 'fake-raid' software implementation. One big advantage is the card completes the operation without the assistance of the CPU.

Once you opt for the raid-controller card, you (imo) really ought to go with
SCSI attached devices which give you hotplug support and dynamic raid recovery.[x]

Be carefull: Even Microsoft does not recommend attempting to boot from a Raid.
Raid is a server function to avoid a single point of failure, and even with Raid-1 or Raid-10, you still need a backup system.

[x]The NAS Raid-x is frequently SCSI internally for these reasons

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-cards-pci-and-pcie-best-option.163319/
Relevancy 90.3%

I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
So I've been thinking of buying a capture card (PCIe), but before I actually go buy one I want to just make sure that what I'm thinking is actually the case.
So.. I want to live stream gameplay, the CPU load gets hefty because it's juggling resources with the stream as well as the actual game I'm playing.
My question to you guys is, will a PCIe capture card take up the CPU load off my computer (The streaming live encoding stuff), giving my computer (CPU) the freedom to concentrate on the game?
This is the capture card I'm interested in, will this do exactly what I'm hoping it will do?

A:PCIe Capture Cards, CPU load etc.

I gather that you are playing a PC-based game and live streaming on the same PC? If so, then the capture card will not help in any way.

The function of a capture card is to capture the video/audio feed from a console, or a separate PC. It will have no effect if the game is played on the same PC that the capture card is installed in.

No matter the source, the gameplay will have to be encoded by the streaming PC. Your encoding settings can be tweaked to find the right balance between stream quality and CPU load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386029-pcie-capture-cards-cpu-load-etc.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi I have just built a Windows PC Professional x and have only loaded in minimal applications and the primary required windows updates Before this however I would get an odd start-up hang during the POST cycle This is likely because I use video cards monitors and an overhead projector all for an advanced multiple issue related video cards and POST BlueScreen to flight sim which can be seen on my website PCIe-SLOT - BFG GTS- --- Powers two quot LCDs PCIe-SLOT - BFG GTS- --- Powers an overhead projector PCIe-SLOT - POST and BlueScreen issue related to multiple video cards BFG gtx --- Powers a quot LCD and a smaller quot LCD Q EVGA i DIGITAL PWM Motherboard During POST the screens sometimes comes up in my primary quot monitor PCIe SLOT POST and BlueScreen issue related to multiple video cards card just as it always should while other times when starting the PC the POST inversly starts up on the PCIe SLOT card quot monitor When starting from the PCEe slot card the POST cycle hangs halfway through the POST giving an error stating that quot Video Card is in PCIe slot quot and that I must quot place it in slot for SLI operation quot I don't want SLI From this point I cannot access the BIOS via ALT or DELETE and simply have to hit the RESET button and once done it will often but not always correctly POST in my PCIe SLOT Card primary monitor and start up just fine with no other issues Its very much quot tit for tat quot --I restart once I'll get the error restart again it will sniff out card slot one properly then restart again and I'll get the rd card POST with the in error and so on error no error error no error etc This is extremely annoying as I know I have set everything else up properly and have correctly loaded the newest NVIDIA drivers Just as a precaution this is my second Windows reformat of this new PC with new harddrive and I have also reflashed the BIOS to latese rev and have lastest rev motherboard drivers Everything is up to date as it should be and when up and POSTING from the correct PCI-e SLOT CARD the PC starts up perfect and runs perfect Its only when the computer has to be restarted for any reason such as for updates will it again hang up on the PCIe SLOT quot card in Slot quot issue Again a quick RESET usually solves the issue but sometimes I may have to reset twice Do I need to ditch the older gtx card for a newer series Is this issue that simple I will point out that the drivers set are the same I have scoured the BIOS thinking I am missing a setting but did not see anthing related to making the motherboard always post from Slot I thought motherboards ere supposed to always post from Slot anyway Now the last time this happened it reset to the card position AGAIN and did so twice before POST to the correct card position Once back on the desktop there was this BSOD error message which may be totally unrelated to the POST issue as I attempted to set up a sleep power profile with a wake timer and wanted my virus scan to run minutes after the wake-up and it didn't work -- At some point the BSOD happened the computer restarted but hanged during the Card POST and hence once back to desktop I found this error mesage below Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF BD BCP FFFFF BCB BCP FFFFF BC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Sauron AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt ---P S --- I checked the mini-dump folder and this is the only error the - - dmp Thanks for any help or advice you folks can give

A:POST and BlueScreen issue related to multiple video cards

Please zip up and upload the mindump file with your next post.

Beyond that, try the POST with only 2 video cards to see what that does.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/87240-post-bluescreen-issue-related-multiple-video-cards.html
Relevancy 88.15%

HI all - I tried to search for an existing thread but....

I have TWO pcie NEC USB 3.0 host controller cards installed. Each card has two usb 3.0 ports.

Everything was fine until I installed the second card. Now I get a BSOD only when I shutdown, and it seems every time I shutdown. It boots fine.

Question: I know I have given very little detail but in general, is there any reason I should not be able to have two of these cards installed? The device mgr actually looks like 3 are installed (under USB Controllers).

Windows 7 (of course)
x58a-ud3r mobo
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Eliot

A:Are TWO pcie NEC usb 3.0 controller cards causing BSOD at shutdown?

Quote: Originally Posted by wooleysdad

HI all - I tried to search for an existing thread but....

I have TWO pcie NEC USB 3.0 host controller cards installed. Each card has two usb 3.0 ports.

Everything was fine until I installed the second card. Now I get a BSOD only when I shutdown, and it seems every time I shutdown. It boots fine.

Question: I know I have given very little detail but in general, is there any reason I should not be able to have two of these cards installed? The device mgr actually looks like 3 are installed (under USB Controllers).

Windows 7 (of course)
x58a-ud3r mobo
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Eliot

Hi Elliot and welcome
Without the DMP's there could be a million reasons. You should be able to have two or more but if the number of drivers/devices in device mgr is different than the correct number that in itself could be the problem...Try UN-installing the highest number device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162846-two-pcie-nec-usb-3-0-controller-cards-causing-bsod-shutdown.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I installed a new Wetern Digital hard drive in my desktop computer and clean installed Windows XP Home SP onto an approximately gb partition then immediately updated it to SP using the SP update file which I had previously downloaded and burned to a CD I ve also tried this leaving it at SP and not updating however and the same exact issues happened My computer contains a Chaintech Apogee VJL motherboard which has onboard sound and ethernet ports as well as a front USB hub with four additional USB ports I have three PCI cards installed starting from the uppermost slot A SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum PCI soundcard which has its own front hub - I use PCI - Windows Ports USB Cards, conflicts? XP working not - this for sound An ATI Windows XP - PCI Cards, USB Ports not working - conflicts? Radeon graphics card which the monitor is plugged into A D-Link DGE- T PCI Ethernet adapter which I use to connect to the internet I don t use the motherboard s ethernet and Windows XP - PCI Cards, USB Ports not working - conflicts? sound ports After clean installing XP installing the chipset drivers for the motherboard quot VIA Service Pack quot from the CD that came with it Windows XP - PCI Cards, USB Ports not working - conflicts? and updating to SP the USB ports work properly they recognize my external storage devices and I can access them through Windows Explorer but there is no sound and the D-Link doesn t work since no drivers are installed I installed the drivers for the D-Link and restarted and the D-Link worked properly I could get on the internet but the USB ports no longer work When I plug a USB device in it lights up and the computer recognizes it but then says quot A problem occurred during hardware installation quot even though the devices were already correctly installed before the D-Link and the device doesn t show up in My Computer In Device Manager the devices show up in the USB section as quot Unrecognized device quot with the yellow error icon and they report Error Code device cannot start up This happens every time I choose quot Scan for hardware changes quot in device manage even if I manually chose to uninstall the device unplug it and plug it back in I tried manually uninstalling everything under the USB section in Device Manager and restarting the computer the internet still works perfectly and the USB devices automatically reinstall but the same error code issue happens If I uninstall the D-Link drivers and restart the USB ports go back to working perfectly but of course there s no internet connection So I uninstalled the D-Link drivers restarted UBS ports work again then installed the drivers for the Sound Blaster and restarted The sound works perfectly but the USB ports stop working again error code Then I reinstalled the D-Link drivers and restarted the sound still works the USB ports still don t work and now the D-Link says quot A network cable is disconnected quot even though the cable is attached If I uninstall the Soundblaster drivers and restart the internet works but the USB ports don t BTW after installing the D-Link for the first time each time I uninstall the drivers and restart the computer it automatically detects the card it didn t do that originally and prompts to install the drivers After installing the Soundblaster the first time the same thing happened - when I uninstall the drivers and restart it automatically detects the SB components - except in that case it automatically installs the drivers and the speakers start making noises occasionally but no sound playback until the computer is restarted It didn t start auto detecting the SB stuff until I had installed the drivers the first time It s important to mention that I still have my old Hard Drive with the original installation of Windows XP on it that I ve been using for five years When I switch the power and data cables from the new hard drive back to the old one the computer boots with the old XP installation and everything works perfectly as it a... Read more

A:Windows XP - PCI Cards, USB Ports not working - conflicts?

Looks like your having a resource conflict after your new XP install. What I would do is disable/uninstall the drivers for both the Dlink and Sound Blaster cards. Then disable/uninstall the drivers for the onboard ethernet controller and the onboard sound controller. Then I would proceed to reinstall the Dlink and SoundBlaster drivers. I would also check for driver updates for these 2 devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pci-cards-usb-ports-not-working-conflicts.941949/
Relevancy 82.56%

I previously posted about some problems I ve been having with a clena install of Windows XP on a new hard drive but I ve done more research tried different things clean installed Windows XP several times and found out that the conflicts? Cards, XP Windows - Ports USB PCI - not working problem goes beyond just the ethernet port I hope someone can help with this I installed a new Western Digital hard drive in my Windows XP - PCI Cards, USB Ports not working - conflicts? computer and clean installed Windows XP Home SP onto an approximately gb partition then immediately updated it to SP using the SP update file which I had previously downloaded and burned to a CD I ve also tried this leaving it at SP and not updating however and the same exact issues happened My computer contains a Chaintech Apogee VJL motherboard which has onboard sound and ethernet ports as well as a front USB hub with four additional USB ports I have three PCI cards installed starting from the uppermost slot A SoundBlaster Audigy Platinum PCI soundcard which has its own front hub - I use this for sound An ATI Radeon graphics card which the monitor is plugged into A D-Link DGE- T PCI Ethernet adapter which I use to connect to the internet I don t use the motherboard s ethernet and sound ports After clean installing XP installing the chipset drivers for the motherboard quot VIA Service Pack quot from the CD that came with it and updating to SP the USB ports work properly they recognize my external storage devices and I can access them through Windows Explorer but there is no sound and the D-Link doesn t work since no drivers are installed I installed the drivers for the D-Link and restarted and the D-Link worked properly I could get on the internet but the USB ports no longer work When I plug a USB device in it lights up and the computer recognizes it but then says quot A problem occurred during hardware installation quot even though the devices were already correctly installed before the D-Link and the device doesn t show up in My Computer In Device Manager the devices show up in the USB section as quot Unrecognized device quot with the yellow error icon and they report Error Code device cannot start up This happens every time I choose quot Scan for hardware changes quot in device manage even if I manually chose to uninstall the device unplug it and plug it back in I tried manually uninstalling everything under the USB section in Device Manager and restarting the computer the internet still works perfectly and the USB devices automatically reinstall but the same error code issue happens If I uninstall the D-Link drivers and restart the USB ports go back to working perfectly but of course there s no internet connection So I uninstalled the D-Link drivers restarted UBS ports work again then installed the drivers for the Sound Blaster and restarted The sound works perfectly but the USB ports stop working again error code Then I reinstalled the D-Link drivers and restarted the sound still works the USB ports still don t work and now the D-Link says quot A network cable is disconnected quot even though the cable is attached If I uninstall the Soundblaster drivers and restart the internet works but the USB ports don t BTW after installing the D-Link for the first time each time I uninstall the drivers and restart the computer it automatically detects the card it didn t do that originally and prompts to install the drivers After installing the Soundblaster the first time the same thing happened - when I uninstall the drivers and restart it automatically detects the SB components - except in that case it automatically installs the drivers and the speakers start making noises occasionally but no sound playback until the computer is restarted It didn t start auto detecting the SB stuff until I had installed the drivers the first time It s important to mention that I still have my old Hard Drive with the original installation of Windows XP on it that I ve been using for fi... Read more

A:Windows XP - PCI Cards, USB Ports not working - conflicts?

Hi -Just a brief idea - I installed a similar set up and had problems with the system (jumping from a basic SP1 to SP3) - I found an upgrade to SP2 then got all M/soft updates I could find , then updated to SP3 and did the same thing with M/soft updates -There were several items installed at each level and it seemed to work better after doing that -Just one view on the problem (due to experience) with that install - May not relate to yours but ......Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338570/windows-xp-pci-cards-usb-ports-not-working-conflicts/
Relevancy 80.84%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel® Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVD±RW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 ® Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.. So my psu got messed up so i have now sent it in and using a old psu without pci-e power so i had to change out my GTX 660 to my old ATI Radeon 4650
Though the gtx 660 kicks donkey in gaming the Radeon is running flash games smoother and some other stuff to
Also a bit of a OpenCL vs CUDA war
When rendering with my AMD A8 laptop with intergrated gpu the rendering times in Sony Vegas 12 accually was shorter than the video with OpenCL gpu acceleration on But with
Cuda acceleration on with my GTX 660 with around 950 CUDA cores the rendering times are about dubble the video lenght

This is soo confusing??
Did i do a very stupid move buying a 660 instead of a R9 270x card for Gaming and video editing and rendering

A:AMD cards Vs nVidia cards? Got very confused by a thing

You didn't mess up on anything but to be honest AMD has gotten better with encoding speeds over the years

I just recently bought a new GTX 780 ti I have not done any video yet i have been doing benchmarks but i will find out soon enough

the time it normally took me to render and burn with 2x7970's were about 20 minutes depending on what it was doing some took longer then others to about 30 minutes but actually cut down to 25 minutes

Direct Compute and Open GL are on fire right now with AMD cards they use it very well and Bitcoin Miners seem to love how much over Nvidia they run

For me it's doesn't mater as long as it suits my needs but other people may differ with the way AMD has been changing GPU Architecture people have been going red and also the prices have gone up so if you are looking to change now you need to look for a card worth the coin because they gone up 20% matching Nvidia prices

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/322681-amd-cards-vs-nvidia-cards-got-very-confused-thing.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!

A:Difference between quadro cards and gaming cards

boagz said:

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!Click to expand...

To answer your question, the Quaddro series of cards or FirePro for AMD are different from the gaming cards because they re-purpose the cards for straight up compute. The software included with them and drivers along with some additional features make them poor at gaming but better in the fields of compute/cuda dev/opencl/etc. Also those cards in most cases also cram more RAM than the standard card models for higher rendering among other things.

You will be fine with a 780 for the basics of 3DS max and maya and adding another would be somewhat beneficial later down the line but you can definitly use your superclock GTX 780 for this and get decent performance for these programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-quadro-cards-and-gaming-cards.201208/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an RCA Kazoo RD1000 MP3 player and I am looking to buy a memory card for it but I'm not sure which one to get. In the manual, it references Multi Media Card (MMC) but in the stores, the only ones I can find are the SD cards. All of the memory card readers have one slot for the SD and the MMC cards.

I am wondering if SD and MMC are backwards compatible or not.

any help would be cool.

A:Are Multi Media Cards and SD cards the same?

Not sure how accurate this statement is:
MMC Card
Weighing less than two grams and taking up the area of a postage stamp, MultiMediaCards are ideal for use in portable devices like digital audio players, digital cameras, and PDAs. In addition to its distinct size advantage over other removable memory, the MultiMediaCard's low power draw makes it highly suitable for battery-powered mobile applications. MMC cards will fit into devices that have an SD slot - MMC cards are the same size, and are often much cheaper than SD cards, because they're an 'open' standard (SD card manufacturers have to pay royalties, and MMC card manufacturers don't!).

http://www.filesaveas.com/memorycard.html

I didn't think they could be interchanged though......perhaps someone else can shed some light. I use SD Cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-multi-media-cards-and-sd-cards-the-same.282429/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have Dell XPS 720 which has the 750W power supply and have one point-of-view GeForce GTX 560 card.
I would like to fit a second identical card - has anybody run this configuration?
The power requirement for the card is 150 W max (equivalent to 12.5A @ 12 V; it would be less as it takes other power via PCI bus)
The card two 6 way power connectors (P3 and P4), each connected to 12 V that can supply 18.0A.
From my calculations each of the two 12 V supplies can easily power one card, ok there is other hardware attached to the supplies, namely two hard disks (from memory each takes less than 1 A).
So the plan is to fit a splitter to each 12 V supply power supply so they power one connector on each card.   (The card must have separate power supplies to each connector).
Can anyone foresee any problem with doing that?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19987115
Relevancy 76.97%

hey i got a low end dell here 2350 xp home edition check it for AGP slot i guess i dont have one i checked online and it says i dont - - however i read something about PCI cards ?
i just dumped 52 bucks on CounterStrikeSource and damn i wanna play it lol
dont want a new pc so could anyone help !!!!! i need name of good pci card that can run cs s without being too sh***y

all this help at my fingertips
Thanks People -----Seriously

hey pci cards in general work and are compatible in my pc right ?
or am i just wishing a pci card could run video games ?

A:Pci Cards ? Dell 2350 Help

The pci 6200's and 5500's are generally the fastest pci cards.

Here's a 6200, but it's out of stock atm.
http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=304966

Here's a different pci 6200(256mb)
http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=322418
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat01151&id=1130987962366

Here're two fx5500s.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133134
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143032

I'd get the cheaper 6200 if it was in stock, but since it isn't then maybe a fx 5500 and oc it some(if you're into oc'ing).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-cards-dell-2350-help.45534/
Relevancy 76.97%

Okay, here's what I want to do. I want to send video output to a Plasma in my family room and also have output to the computer monitor in the adjacent office. I have the option of using either VGA or DVI to either monitor, so I can use a video card that has dual VGA/DVI outputs. Or, I can buy a separate PCI video card. Right now I have an ATI All-in-Wonder 7500.

Am I better off to get a new video card with dual monitor output or have two separate video cards. If the former, what video cards do you recommend? I know I've seen recommendations for the 9600 Pro, which seems to have dropped significantly in price? I'd like to stay with ATI as I've always used that.

Relevancy 76.11%

Just a heads up, have auzentech prelude (junk I know) and the drivers dont work in windows 8

A:Auzentech cards do not work

I have a Prelude card too and I'm about to install Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation. What's the problem? Is it that it just won't install or that it installs and doesn't work or work with issues? That's a real bummer and I really hate what Auzentech did to us customers.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/8376-auzentech-cards-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Acer Aspire SA90 and was wondering if these graphics cards would work/fit into the graphics card slot:

PNY GeForce 9500 512mb pcie Graphics Card
ATI Radeon HD 4670

If they don't or even if they do could you please recommend a decent graphics card for my pc between £40-£60. It will generally only be used for world of warcraft and i want to play it without any lag.

Thank You

A:Will these graphics cards work on my pc?

Yes, I think they will. The Acer has a PCI Express x1, PCI Express x16 and 2 x PCI slots to fit a gfx card in it.

Tech specs:
http://www.twenga.co.uk/specs-Aspire-SA90-ACER-Desktop-PC-466648

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-these-graphics-cards-work-on-my-pc.847734/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

I'm after a list of Sound cards that people absolutely know work in Windows 7 (beta build 7000) and have drivers that support them which also are compatible with Windows 7.

Thanks for any support/help.

List of Sound Cards and Drivers that work:
-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (Drivers Located here)
-M-Audio's Delta 1010 LT soundcard with drivers made for Vista SP1, with Windows 7's compatibility program (All Delta series may work with Vista SP1)
-Asus Xonar D2 sound card works, Recording features may not work in some with some driver software.
-Sound blaster Audigy 2 SE works with the drivers from windows update
-Soundblaster live, only with kxproject drivers. WARNING: The windows update drivers give terrible sound.

A:Sound Cards **That WORK**

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 4 for starters

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/3119-sound-cards-work.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have windows XP right now, and would dual GTX 280 cards work properly in SLI in windows XP service pack 2, and would vista or xp give better performance

thanks

A:Will SLI GTX 280 cards work better on XP or Vista

The cards are likely to run/perform better w/ XP because DX9 does not require as much graphics horsepower as DX10 with Vista, but I could be wrong. Try searching for some benchmarks... I'm also not sure how SLI scales with the two versions of directX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-sli-gtx-280-cards-work-better-on-xp-or-vista.113126/
Relevancy 76.11%

i've done something wrong or overlooked something i guess.everything was workin ok on my wifes pc she had a 4gig master hd and a 10gig slave. i wanted the 10gig as the master so i reformatted both drives ,changed the jumpers,and loaded win 98full version ,then loaded 98se upgrade .everything seemed ok until i started to load the drivers for the modom,sound card,and cdrw. i insalled the cards let windows detect them then load the drivers.they install as normal thenthey say they are loaded but they ALL have a problem.
they all sudgest reinstalling the drivers . when i try to do so it keeps the same driver as the best ones . is there some kinda pci conflict or exception i have over looked ? or somthing i should change in the bios?

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,
I have two network cards on my PC, and have two different ADSL services with two different IP's.
Can anyone help how to make use of both ADSL speeds simultaneously? i.e. 1024kbps+1024kbps=2048kbps???????
thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all I've read in some threads about work - and do PCMCIA old W7 they cards people installing W on older laptops I'm just wondering if W still supports PCMCIA cards - modern laptops don't have these anymore but these were standard in older laptops often had of these I've got an old Sony GRT VAIO W7 and old PCMCIA cards - do they work laptop - huge and weighs a ton with a Ghz full Pentium P processor with still one of the W7 and old PCMCIA cards - do they work best screens I've ever seen on a laptop --- absolute energy hog for a laptop but in its day IT FLEW This machine was destined for a one way trip to quot the W7 and old PCMCIA cards - do they work tip quot but I'd like to try W x- on it and give it a quot reprieve quot It's got GB of RAM in it and a GB hard disk Not sure if I'll get PCMCIA support Anybody know if W has this support in it I use one of these cards in the laptop to provide USB support -- the built in USB is only Cheers jimbo

A:W7 and old PCMCIA cards - do they work

Quote: Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi all
I've read in some threads about people installing W7 on older laptops.

I'm just wondering if W7 still supports PCMCIA cards - modern laptops don't have these anymore but these were standard in older laptops (often had 2 of these).

Not sure if I'll get PCMCIA support. Anybody know if W7 has this support in it. I use one of these cards in the laptop to provide USB 2.0 support -- the built in USB is only 1.1.

Cheers
jimbo

The cardbus hardware standard is not an issue with 7 and any laptop. Now, drivers for individual cards can be a problem, especially 64 bit drivers. (not likely to need 64 bit drivers with an old laptop) I would suggest you go to this site:

Windows Vista Compatibility Center

and find your USB PCMCIA card. If there are Vista drivers for it, you should be OK for 7.

Happy surfing!

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/27325-w7-old-pcmcia-cards-do-they-work.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I am ready to upgrade the video card in my PC, but just discovered the PSU is just 250w !!! I have an HP a250n with a P4/2.6 and 1.5gig RAM installed. Will an nvidia 6600 256MB work for me with this power supply? Is this a good choice for a card? I really want a 6800 GT OC (no way, right?) Can I change the PSU? I was told by a store sales guy that the mother board is designed for this PSU and if I try to increase the power.... I could blow out the board. Is he right?

A:Which cards work with a 250w PSU?

I'd have to say no. 250 just ain't going to cut it.

Here is a great calculator to tell you exactly how much you'll need.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic35497.html

Someone told you that if your power supply is TOO strong, you'll blow your motherboard? Just ain't true at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-cards-work-with-a-250w-psu.36055/
Relevancy 76.11%

hi all

my problem is as follows

i wus playing "Rift" with a geforce gts 250... played it for couple of weeks when suddenly while i wus playing my screen goes BLACK
(i didnt do anything in particular)

the computer also kept on beeping.... so i shut it down with the power button...

when i restarted pc a bit later.. no more image .. only a black screen.
my 1st tought.... gfx card fried...

later on a friend of mine comes by with 3 other cards.. 2 new ones (also geforce gtx but dunno what model exactly) and an old ati eax 600xt...

now the point is we tested the three cards and only the 600xt works.. the 2 others give the same black screen.

they were all tested in the same pci slot...

any toughts?

thx in advance

A:old gfx cards work ... new ones dont...

Quote: Originally Posted by hostile

hi all

my problem is as follows

i wus playing "Rift" with a geforce gts 250... played it for couple of weeks when suddenly while i wus playing my screen goes BLACK
(i didnt do anything in particular)

the computer also kept on beeping.... so i shut it down with the power button...

when i restarted pc a bit later.. no more image .. only a black screen.
my 1st tought.... gfx card fried...

later on a friend of mine comes by with 3 other cards.. 2 new ones (also geforce gtx but dunno what model exactly) and an old ati eax 600xt...

now the point is we tested the three cards and only the 600xt works.. the 2 others give the same black screen.

they were all tested in the same pci slot...

any toughts?

thx in advance

Can you fill in your system specs please.

Regards
UKMedia

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/184881-old-gfx-cards-work-new-ones-dont.html
Relevancy 76.11%

my xp wont load please help me i am a new comer i dont know if anyone still reads this topic but here it goes I built a brand new pc intel ghz maxtor don't cards work graphics Two gb mb kingston ddr the only thing that wasnt new was a PCI graphic card the graphic card was a geforce fx mb i had it in an older system with poor cooling one day it went out in my old system it wouldnt Two graphics cards don't work display anything on the monitor so i thought it might be my old pc that was the problem so then i installed it in my new pc it worked fine until i started installing some programs like NFS Undergound the computer just crashed and restarted i got an error and i sent it to microsoft microsoft said it was a hardware issue that the graphic card got stuck in a infinite loop it recomended to try upgrading the drivers so i did it also said that i should buy a new card so i did and bought a GEFORCE FX xAGP card i installed it hoping that everything would go great only to find that it when it got to the windows xp logo screen the one with the bar moving left to right that the bar thats supposed to move left to right did not show up i set the BIOS and everthing and set it how its supposed to be i rebooted and the bar shows but theres no blue color moving from left to the right instead it displays the windows screen the like goes blank for a split second and shows the same screen but this time as if it were in a low color mode the leds still flash and then stop like after minutes as if the system haulted so i put back the PCI card and everything was normal except for the Crashing and restarting i put back the agp card and the same thing happens im stuck now i dont know what to do when i boot in safe mode it shows the bios keys to push and then the colors get scrambled and it stays like that any help would be great thank you sorry its so long for such a new user nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-graphics-cards-dont-work.24965/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey, I was just wondering which card is better...

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro (32m)

or

NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 200 /w Video Out (32m)

A:Video Cards

Without a doubt
NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 200 /w Video Out (32m)

the other card uses a vanta chip, not even in the same category.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.75186/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am currently running 1 EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768mb card with the Zephyr 650 watt power supply with no problem. Will I be able to run 2 of those cards?

A:Will i be able to run 2 video cards?

How about telling us the rest of your hardware....if not too much should easily work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-i-be-able-to-run-2-video-cards.707534/
Relevancy 76.11%

Is it possible to put a Nvidea GTX 560 + Nvidea GTX 670 in one pc, and get them work both with one monitor?

Thanks for looking at my problem

Glaser

A:Is it possible to put 2 video-cards in one pc?

Let me ask, just to make sure I understande. You want to somehow use two video cards for one monitor? Why?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/233450-possible-put-2-video-cards-one-pc.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm considering upgrading my computer, and i was wondering, would a Playstation2 function better as a DVD machine or a computer with a DVD drive with a TV out video card? I'm not concerned about the sound quality, but would the image be better with one of there? I'm planning on hooking it up to a TV so i can play games and watch DVD (killing 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak) Also, anyone know of a good video card with TV out?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-with-tv-out.49977/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm was having trouble with my video card (32mb nvidia4X agp) It was creating black horizontal line across my screen.
I replaced it with an nvidia Geforce 4 32mb mx440 by Apollo.
The problem is it won't play dvd's I do have audio but no picture.
I have a Dell Dimension XPS B866r pentium lll windows 98SE
128 RDRAM memory.

A:video cards

please be sure you removed the old video drivers and the new video drivers are installed. boot into safe mode and make sure the old video drivers are not listed undere device manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.231703/
Relevancy 76.11%

I need some help i can't decide which video card to buy their in the same price range $50 and seem similiar but i just can't seem to find anything that would make me purchase one over the other here are the specs of the cards that i know of.

NEW Model!!! ALBATRON GeForce 4 MX440SEN1 (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440SE GPU), 64MB DDR. TV-Out.
Specifications:
Chipset:NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440SE GPU
Memory:64MB DDR Memory,5.3GB/sec bandwidth
GPU Clock 270MHz
Memory Clock 200MHz
RAMDAC 350MHz
Fill Rate: 1.1 Billion
Triangles/sec 34 Million
2nd-Aopen Geforce4 MX440SE 64MB DDR with TV-Out - Retail Box
Specifications:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440SE
Memory: 64MB 128-bit DDR RAM
AGP 4X w/ Fast Write
Support Dual, Independent Digital Vibrance Engines
Support 34 Million Triangles/sec (T&L) and 1.1 Billion Texels/sec

A:Which of the 2 Video cards is better?

They appear to be the same card.

Memory:64MB DDR Memory,5.3GB/sec bandwidth
GPU Clock 270MHz
Memory Clock 200MHz
RAMDAC 350MHz

Whats the above info for the AOPEN card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-of-the-2-video-cards-is-better.127502/
Relevancy 76.11%

I m sorry if the topic was already cards... Help about video done ive searched the site and no topics arised Ok I ve got Help about video cards... questions Which is better a Geforce FX mb or ATI Radeon mb Will they run on an AGP X slot BTW I have an Asus P V w AGP x that supports V and V I ve researched the Radeon s compatibility and it says that it supports AGP X X and X with V V and V respectively Does that mean it automatically reconfigure itself when I put it on my computer I can t find the Nvidia s stats so does it run on AGP X with V or V option or does it only support AGP Is this upgrade worth it I curretly have GeForce MX yeah yeah I was a noob buying that piece of trash Concerning pixel shaders can these two run pixel shader games and above the motive of the question is to find out how long it takes before no games can be compatible to the card even at minimum settings Concerning these questions I am aware that the cards will cause a bottle neck to my PC I can t find a motherboard with AGP X that has a socket compatible with my P Ghz Anyways can someone tell what socket is my P GHz I do not have enough money to buy the processor that comes if I buy a new motherboard I m still a college student and have no income whatsoever except allowance savings I badly need the new video card to run the new games I received from my birthday They all require pixel shader support Its my first post in this thread Hi guys All help will be greatly appreciated Thanks guys nbsp

A:Help about video cards...

Pleasing05 said:

Ok, I've got 4 questions:

1. Which is better, a Geforce FX 5500 256mb or ATI Radeon 9550 256mb? Will they run on an AGP 4X slot? BTW I have an Asus P4V533 w/ AGP 4x that supports 3.3V and 1.5V. I've researched the Radeon's compatibility and it says that it supports AGP 2X, 4X and 8X with 3.3V, 1.5V and 0.8V respectively. Does that mean it automatically reconfigure itself when I put it on my computer?

2. I can't find the Nvidia's stats, so does it run on AGP 4X with 1.5V or 3.3V option or does it only support AGP 3.0?

3. Is this upgrade worth it? I curretly have GeForce 4 MX440 (yeah yeah I was a noob buying that piece of trash)

4. Concerning pixel shaders, can these two run pixel shader 3.0 games and above? (the motive of the question is to find out how long it takes before no games can be compatible to the card, even at minimum settings)Click to expand...

1. ATI Radeon 9550 256mb will beat the crap out of the GeForce FX 5500 because it's a more recent card while the 5500 is still pretty old, Do you have 4x/x8 AGP or x2/x4? When you put the card into your system and install it right then it should work, If you need help with setting it up you know where to ask!

2. the nVidia stats I cant find either but you could try www.newegg.com and see if you find it there

3. Yes, It's worth the upgrade because the card is pretty cheap ( the ATI card ) and is still pretty good with the stuff it has, You could save a few dollars and get this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195027 it's better then the 9550 and runs pretty good

4. The card I listed can run 2.0 games no problem but newer games like Oblivion & F.E.A.R you would have to get this card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150157 ( nVidia ) or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102069 ( ATI )

The ATI one is probably the better between the two, my Friend has the ATI card and can run Oblivion no problem at medium-high and good resolution
Hope I helped and answered your questions!

Also the question about your Processor is that it is a Socket 478, you should get this ATX Intel mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131527 and if you already have the CPU from your old machine you could just use that ( make sure to get a CPU fan to fit Socket 478 and get some Thermapaste from your local computer store! )

Also be sure that your case can fit a Normal ATX motherboard and not hold something like MicroATX or BabyATX because it wont fit, If you know what case you have then give me the name and i'll look and see if it holds ATX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-about-video-cards.65381/
Relevancy 76.11%

Just wondering..., What does one do with 4 PCI-E SLI Enabled Graphics cards in one PC Is there really a use for a set up like this?

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/MotherBoard/News/News_620.htm

Relevancy 76.11%

What are the pros and cons of digital vs analog ports on video cards. I'm a non-gamer that uses some graphics programs at times (Photoshop, etc)

Does it matter much whether I use a dvi slotted card or analog or dvi/analog combo card ?

Thanks, TR

A:DVI vs RGB on video cards ?

Digital gives better color range and allows additional features. Use the DVI, HDMI, or Displayport connections, don't use analog if you can avoid it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/83594-dvi-vs-rgb-video-cards.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,
My son purchased a pc game that needs a 16MB video card.
I bought a used one and when I installed it my monitor only gives me 16 colours and a very bad picture. I currently have a 8MB card.
I am running windows ME and have an older monitor. I would like to find a solution because he just spent $80 on a game that he can't use.
Does anybody have a solution.
Thanks, Kyta

Relevancy 76.11%

hey i have a video card which is a STANDARD PCI GARPHICS ADAPTER VGA that one is connected to the mother board not a PCI or AGP slot then i got a CIRRUS LOGIC PCI card from two video cards another computer and put it in my empty PCI slot and also intalled the drivers so basically i have two video cards on my win se computer but in my computer in properties in the DEVICE MANAGER section it show that my CIRRUS LOGIC card cannot work because quot Your computer s display driver will not work with Multiple Dsplay Support Contact your hardware vendor for assistance in obtaing a display driver that will work with two video cards Multiple Display Support quot i cant contact them because i got this from another computer i guess so what can i do i tried to take out the two video cards old video adapter and put the monitor cable in the new one but put the monitor wont display help two video cards i really want a better card than the one connected to the mother board ps this computer is years old thats why the old video card is connected to the mother board please help nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hello can anyone tell me which ati radeon graphic cards are compatible with me emachine model w2925? i bought a ati/agp 9250, but from the looks of it it will not fit into the slot in my pc.

A:Video cards

I think the 9250 comes in a PCI model. It is a tossup between it and an nvidia FX 5200.

I looked up your machine and all it said for expansion was 3 PCI slots. You need a PCI card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.405397/
Relevancy 76.11%

i now have a tv out card but want both in and out. any feedback on which are good and arent?? want to use it to capture old vhs tapes.

A:video cards w/ tv in and out

Well the ATI All-in-Wonder or VIVO models are good. But you don't need to buy a new video card for this, you can just buy a seperate PCI video for this purpose. Hauppauge makes some decent cards, but their site seems down at the moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards-w-tv-in-and-out.405243/
Relevancy 76.11%

I WANT TO ADD A NEW VIDEO CARD TO A COMPUTER WHAT MUST I TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION TO BE 100% SURE IT WILL WORK?

Relevancy 76.11%

There is no rush on what I am doing and there is no budget MAIN QUESTION AT BOTTOM OF POST In the near future I will slowly begin building a computer with the best of the best in it for gaming media purposes Though I do not know the exact parts I will be using I have an idea but I need some more information Unless Windows comes out and it proves to be a better OS than Vista I will be installing Vista bit on an Intel Quad Core processor I will be filling my RAM slots depending on the mobo to the max with the biggest DDR or Cards? Video DDR whichever proves to be more efficient sticks I can find Video Cards? I think I will worry about my power supply after I know everything that is going into my rig I have an optical drive Video Cards? and am contemplating a Blu-Ray counterpartto go with it I also have a GB and GB hardrive waiting Video Cards? to go in The case doesn t matter to me too much as long as it fits what I need I will also be looking into watercooling vs aircooling One of if not the most important part about any gaming rig is a great video card Well I was wondering what the benefits were of a quad video card setup Would I get better video performace or would it just be good for running multiple monitors and a waste of money Yes I said money is not an option but I mean I am not on a budget because I am bulding this over a long period of time which is also moslty why i haven t picked specific parts yet Sorry if this is long but I will try and resolve any confusion generated from this So quad video cards for gaming nbsp

A:Video Cards?

Quad-Crossfire\SLI might look cool, but real-world benefits are very little, since the performance increase in going from one GPU to two of them is 50% at best, and most of the time, it is around 20-40%. In some cases, two GPUs may actually perform no better than one. So quad-GPUs are more of a gimmick and even for multi-monitor support, two single-GPU video cards are a better choice.

As for the rest of your system, look at an X58 motherboard paired with a Core i7 CPU and a good-quality Corsair XMS2\Crucial Ballistix\OCZ Reaper DDR3 kit. For a good PSU, look at the 750W and above units from PC Power & Cooling, Corsair and Silverstone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.115143/
Relevancy 76.11%

i have choices with a budget of about nzd -Chipset NVIDIA GeForce GT Core Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Memory Type MB GDDR Memory Interface bit RAMDAC MHz Bus Type AGP X Driver Support WindowsXP Windows DVI HDTV Resolution up to X i and -radeon Pro MB BIT TV-Out DVI Powered by the AGP X -bit ATI RADEON PRO VPU Mhz core speed Supports MB DDR with -bit memory interface delivers the bandwidth for real time D graphics and barrier free performance Mhz clock speed Supports the latest Microsoft DirectX and OpenGL feature sets video cards... Integrated parallel rendering pipelines and parallel geometry engines for incredibly fast D graphics Integrated Mhz RAMDAC to support display mode up to x M color Hz refresh rate Maximum D resolutions up to x M color SMARTSHADER technology supports the latest Microsoft DirectX feature sets enabling more complex and cinematic-quality lighting effects SMOOTHVISION technology delivers the sharpest clearest textures removes jaggies and brings out fine texture details without sacrificing frame rates i don t really know the differnce between and there both the same price nbsp

A:video cards...

from what i read sounds like 6600 GT awsome card,i have a 9800 pro and it performs well.Should be reviews all over the net.Here is one http://tech-report.com/reviews/2004q3/geforce-6600gt/index.x?pg=25

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.318263/
Relevancy 76.11%

my motherboard is a Asus m5A 78L-MLX series, what is the fastest video card can I run.
Thanks

Relevancy 76.11%

Is there a way that you can tell you what video card you have. Had to reinstall windows95 and it gives you the cheesy default VGA card. I opened up the machine but it does not have any markings on it, besides numbers. I have the Compaq restore disk but I dont want to do everything over again. Any ideas besides buying a new Video Card that comes with drivers?

Try this works for some
go to the ms-dos prompt in windows
type debug

then type
dc000:35
It may give a few details about your video card. If that doesn't work then type
dc000:50 this works with newer cards

When finished type q to disable debug
then exit to exit the ms-dos prompt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.43589/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have heard about the newest thing is to add two (2) video cards to your system to speed it up. Can that be done to any system or only certain set ups with certain video cards?

A:Video Cards?

Boondoggler said:

I have heard about the newest thing is to add two (2) video cards to your system to speed it up. Can that be done to any system or only certain set ups with certain video cards?Click to expand...

you have to have SLI or Crossfire type MB and two identical SLI or Crossfire gfx cards and a honking big PSU to power the puppies, its really rather more gimmick than gusto most high end cards can beat two leeser cards in SLI mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.631732/
Relevancy 76.11%

Is there any downside to using an old video card, such as an S3 Tro (circa 1995) or a STB Velocity 128 4MB (circa 1997) video card with Windows XP, beyond the no gaming aspect? The PC in question will just be running basic windows applications and web browsing. The machine will have an AMD 2200+ and 512 MB/ram, and I'm just wondering if spending any money on a video card is a worthwhile expense. Seems the lowest end of off the shelf cards is around $30, say an ATI Radeon 7000 dual output type card.

A:Old Video cards with Win XP

Probably not a good Idea since both chipsets support, halted at Window 98.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-video-cards-with-win-xp.279080/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'am still using my old ndivia geforce fx 5200 agp 8x 128mb card (don't laugh!), and I want to play some of the newer games out there, but I can't just up and buy a new computor. Are there any agp cards that can allow me to play something at all new? Perhaps a website that sells higher apg cards at a affordable price? Getting tired of playing Max Payne 1&2!

Relevancy 76.11%

Can someone explain to me what I should look for when I purchase a video card and what specs are considered good for a gamer?

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/index.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.281831/
Relevancy 76.11%

I need help finding out what kind of Video and Sound Card I have.
Presario 5185, Windows 98. I wnat to download DX8.1 so I can play EQ, I have to update drivers but have no idea how to find them. Please help me stop the maddness.
Thanks
Eclipse

Relevancy 76.11%

I am currently in the process of building a new PC. I am a trader so I require at least 4 monitors. I plan on purchasing the Nvidia Quaddro NVS 440 card which supports 4 monitors. The only problem is this card is for business professionals and not for gaming. Would it be ok to have another video card added for gaming? Basically I plan on using 3 monitors on the NVS 440 and 1 on the other video card for gaming. Let me know if this is possible. Thanks.

A:Can I use 2 different video cards?

I've never tried it but my guess is that as long as you go into your device manager and disable one of them it should work...assuming that you have 2 vid card slots on your motherboard that is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-use-2-different-video-cards.780369/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello... I am looking to get a new PCI video card. No this is not PCI-X (i wish). Please help me choose the best video card for this PC. The specs for the computer are:
AMD Athlon 2400+ @2.00 ghz
1.50 GB of ram
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 video card
Unsure about PS.

Thank you your input

For complete specs go to:
http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Compaq-Presario-s4020wm-XP2400

A:AGP/PCI Video Cards

It says it has AGP. But it doesn't say whether it integrated AGP or if it has an dedicated AGP slot. Open the side of the box and see if it has a slot close to the CPU that is set back farther the the white PCI slots beside it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-pci-video-cards.855821/
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm going to buy a new video card for my pc but i don't want to spend too much money. I've been thinking on the XFX GeForce 8800 GT since its cheap and good, but the only thing i want is to play with 20 or more FPS games like CoD4 or Crysis (i dont care in which settings)

If you don't care about the settings, then you'll get plenty more than 20 FPS in either of those games. Obviously, if you turn everything to the max, it'll be slower, but you'll be able to play with everything pretty high on that card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.683265/
Relevancy 76.11%

As of now I have a a graphics unit that came embedded in the motherboard. I think its a GeForce 2 MX or something along those lines. Anyway I was wondering if a new card could be beneficial. How could it improve my system? I'm sort of new with computers and have a growing interest in upgrading the video card. If you have any info. or any cards to recommend that are affordable please let me know. Your help is appreciated. thanx

A:How can video cards help?

Most on-board video are of low quality and can go a long way to slowing your machine down. Most notably many of these cards use 'shared memory' which uses your system RAM to power the card and further dimish the speed of your system.

I would say almost any upgrade to an AGP video card would be a big improvement even for basic computing if you have <=256mg ram and an onboard video card.

If your into gaming then you may want to consider upgrading to one of the newer cards but I think almost any upgrade will be a big improvement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-video-cards-help.133324/
Relevancy 76.11%

hey,
just out of curiosity, what is an ATI video card because i am having a few problems with fpd games that r running off my video card and my friend suggested it might be something to do with an ATI fix for my video card or something, just wanted to clarify with you guys what it is,
thx
l8er

A:ATI video cards

ati homepage
http://www.ati.com/na/pages/na_index.html

check in the support section for your card and any new drivers or patches

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-video-cards.60153/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys I have an HP elite m f My question is I was told that an NVIDIA GTX will not fit because I don t have enough room open PCI slots for the GPU My goals are to be able to play most if not all current video games on for HP New cards video their highest graphics settings for example I can play World of Warcraft with medium settings and still a tad bit of video card lag Right New video cards for HP now I have a GeForce GS does the job but not well and finally got one with a good fan I m not sure what motherboard I have but is there anything like an extension-cable that I could run the GTX externally or something At this point I know I d have to upgrade the power-supply but if I need to do the motherboard in order to run the GTX I d probably go with a new New video cards for HP case as well because it s pretty crammed in this one Here s a pic of my box Any other suggestions are welcome I realize some of my goals may be unreachable with my limited budget Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi

Is it possible to use two video cards / two VGA monitors in WinXP?

I know it's possible to use a video card with DVI and VGA outputs, and then have two monitors that act as one desktop.

But what if you have two VGA monitors (neither are DVI)? I am currently using an integrated VGA adapter (on the motherboard), and wondered if i added a regular PCI video card if i could then use a second VGA monitor.

Thanks.

tom

Relevancy 76.11%

Let's say I want to run a 6 monitor system. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to run 3 PCI video cards, like an ATI 7000 based board to have 6 outputs?

Relevancy 76.11%

so i have these 2 cards i cant really decide which is better so help

my build is..
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: EP45-DS3R
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1463MB used, 6722MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

and the cards are...

XFX GeForce® 8800 GT Alpha Dog 512MB DDR3
(PV-T88P-YDD4)

XFX GeForce® 9800 GT 512MB DDR3 Standard
(PV-T98G-YDLH)

I mostly play battlefield bad company 2

thanks!

Relevancy 76.11%

right now i have my eyes set on

PNY 8400GS PCI-E Graphics Card

It's only $69.99 at frys and the specs look nice.

Any reviews or feedback?

A:Looking at new video cards.... help?

It's way overpriced and it's not a great card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-at-new-video-cards-help.663308/
Relevancy 76.11%

I posted here a little bit ago talking about a Radeon Pro and a Geforce GT Welp I ended up getting the geforce GT and then returning it due to horrible performance Then I bought video Cards the Pro It is offering better performance but not by much Which leads me to think that I video Cards have a bottleneck of some sort Anyone have video Cards any ideas of what I should look at right now I am thinking Ram or the W Power Supply been suspicious of the PS for a while Are there any bios settings that would effect this video Cards These are my computer specs AMD Athlon XP Mb PC DDR Ram Gig RPM IDE WD HardDrive ASUS A N X-X ATi Radeon Pro W Power Supply I had the memory frequency set to mhz and then tried downclocking it and turning up the CAS Latency settings Neither seemed to do much I ran Memtest and it found no errors in my memory but the CAS latency was originally set to - - - nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

OK, I've got a Dell T5400 with a Geforce 8800-GT video card. It has dual DVI outputs. I do not get any video output (not even bios loadup) from the video card when using DVI but if I plug in a DVI to VGA adaptor it works fine. Not just fine but it works on all VGA monitors including ones with DVI and VGA inputs that DVI was not working on. Additionally I was getting the same results with a similarly speced ATI video card.

I have a friend who has the same setup but a Nvidia 9800-GT and it works fine.

Any ideas ay all? I know the dvi monitors work as I use them on other systems.

A:Dvi vs VGA vs video cards

Oh, OS if it matters is Linux (debian) but I'm not even getting bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvi-vs-vga-vs-video-cards.1067855/
Relevancy 76.11%

So I am looking to buy a video card and I see a multitude of choices both in the technology and manufacturers I am NOT going to spend - Video to buy??? cards...which one on any part of any computer A TV set maybe but not a component This brings us to the question at hand which technology and which mfg do you recommend NewEgg has some killer deals Video cards...which one to buy??? and some Video cards...which one to buy??? even include a free game I m guessing it s to move inventory that has become obsolete in the past hours LOL That s WHY I won t spend top on a component that will be old tech next month Lets bring this up to date There is nothing like fresh input to help in making decisions like this I Video cards...which one to buy??? am looking at a XFX GeForce M bit GDDR for The price includes quot Company of Heros quot game I don t know squat about video cards other than what I have read on the web sites I have never played a good computer game Windows Pinball is one I play ya get my drift I don t usually game I usually am posting on forums and such But I went to Circuit City the other day and saw a new system hooked up to a quot LCD monitor with quot World in Conflict quot running I messed around with it for a few and I think I smoked electronic crack I m borderline hooked I want to have that really vivid graphics on my monitor I liked that game too It was just a demo but seems very well done Any input on quot World in Conflict quot Aight I m rambling sorry So give up the input What card What mfg What What vendor Good experiences Very important BAD experiences both performance AND support I am looking forward to reading the results of this one I am guessing the retailers both online and in stores will be having killer sales in about days I get paid on the th and I want some parts nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

which is better, a NX6600 GT 128MB DDR3 or a NX6600 256MBDDR2?

A:Video cards

The 6600gt is better.

http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html?modelx=33&model1=541&model2=540&chart=196

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.559694/
Relevancy 76.11%

What are the pro's and con's of the interface methods used by Video Cards ... Which of AGP or PCI is considered to be the most preferable and why? ... just trying to upgrade my knowledge bank ... .
jonuck.

A:AGP or PCI for Video Cards

PCI is old style, and obviously the slowest. Pro - you can pretty much use this type of card in any computer, new or old. However, these cards are going the way of the dinosaur, and struggle with newer games, even at low graphic settings.

Next is AGP 4x, somewhat faster. Pretty common with lots of options to choose from. You can typically pick one up pretty cheap, too. However, with the increasing popularity of AGP 8x and PCI-express, these types are slowly phasing out. Expect to see them around for a while yet, though.

Followed by AGP 8x, faster again. Alot of very high-performance cards in this category. Many options to choose from and these cards are pretty reasonably priced. Not many cons here, as 8x offers excellent performance in new games.

The latest technology is PCI-Express - this is much faster than even AGP 8x. PCI-X are screaming-fast, but at a cost. These cards are typically the most expensive, but you get what you pay for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/agp-or-pci-for-video-cards.395195/
Relevancy 76.11%

I am looking at Video cards. I want to know how they work, what the different chipsets do. How and what difference more RAM in the video card does. Stuff like that. Anyway was hoping for a site or something to the sorts as the answer to one question will probably just create another question. I have checked the GeForce site and ATI and have found nothing on how the video card actually works. Any sites that i can get will be appreciated. Thanks.

Google is a great place for finding information. I just typed in "How video cards work". This was the first hit. I'm sure there are many others.

How video cards work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.339162/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just bought a Soltek SL-75FRN-L motherboard. I'm looking for a Video card to go with it. Anyone have any suggestions? It has to be 4x or 8x and I'm leaning towards the Leadtek FX 5600 ultra. I have a Ti4200 card now but this MB won't support 2x. I would appreciate your ideas and input.

Thanks,
Chopperdoc

Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, All

I'm planing to buy a Video Card and i noticed all brands are the same and same price, except one brand stands out the rest, specially has more GHZ and MHZ. Here they are :

1) BFG GeForce 8800 GTS OC 550MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX10 Video Card

2) ASUS GeForce 8800 GTS 500MHZ 640MB 1.6GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV Out DirectX 10 Video Card

3) EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS / 640MB GDDR3 / SLI Ready / PCI Express / Dual DVI / HDTV / HDCP Enabled / Video Card

4) XFX GeForce 8800GTS XT PCI-E 580MHZ 640MB 1.8GHZ GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDCP TV Out DIRECTX10 Video Card

XFX has 580MHZ and 1.8GHZ which is more then the others. Does that make a big difference? or mean anything?

Thank you all

The XFX 8800 GTS is an excellent model and brand. The others are just as good, but the XFX card will run a little faster (and a little hotter). The speed difference is fairly negligible but XFX seems to get a little more out of their cards. Speed is important because it determines how fast it renders images and passes the pixels along the pipeline in order to display the image, depending on the type of processor, RAM, and motherboard you are running it on. Power supply is also an important factor. If going with either one of these cards, two things are VERY IMPORTANT, a power supply of at least 600watts and internal fans to keep the card cool. These cards run extremely hot and without the proper cooling (intake and exhaust), thy'll overheat and fry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-cards.85897/
Relevancy 76.11%

I was wondering if anyone can help me.
I have a video card in my computer it is a NVIDIA VANTA/VANTA LT
I also have not in the computer, but also VANTA/TNT2M64 video card.
Which is the better card?
And is either one of them equal to or better than a GFORCE 2?
I have a program I want to run, but I must have a gforce to or better card.

Thank you
Tammy

A:video cards

Off those two choices the TNT2M64 is the more powerful adapter. However, it is not comparable to a Geforce2. It is not even comparable to the original Geforce line.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-cards.129058/
Relevancy 76.11%

ok basicacly i used to have an dell demensions e310 and my games ran great not sure exactly what kinda graphics card it had cause its no longer working do to a virus so we got a new computer a dell demensions e521 and the graphics card on it sucks so i was going top take the card from my old one and put it in my new one but im not sure of a few things 1 are they compatable 2 where are they located inside the computer

Other notes : video card on new compter NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

A:Need help with video cards

Yeah thats a pretty poor card

According to the site this is what gfx it has/supports:

* 256MB PCI ExpressTM NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300LE TurboCache
* 256MB ATI X1300 Pro
* Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphic GPU

Slots:

PCI: 2 Slots
PCIe x1: 1 Slot
PCIe x16 (Graphics): 1 Slots

link: http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfh/desktops/dimen_e521/pd.aspx?refid=dimen_e521&s=dfh&cs=22&~tab=specstab

My oponion is its not a machine for gamer with little space for upgrading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-video-cards.134073/