Windows Support Forum

100S - BATTERY IS NOT WORKING

Q: 100S - BATTERY IS NOT WORKING

I juse recently purchased a lenovo ideapad 100s and my laptop won't turn on unless i have it plugged it into the charger. But the second i unplug it the laptop dies becuase the battery is always it 0% even if i have it charging for hours .

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-BATTERY-IS-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3426987
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: 100S - BATTERY IS NOT WORKING

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

I have just bought the above, which advertises "long battery life", however when fully charged it tells me I only have 2hrs 55minutes of charge, then if I have my usual programs turned on (such as Lenova or Cloud etc), it tells me even less.Right now I only have my anti-virus going, and it is 2hrs 42mins, with 89% charge.    This is not what I paid for or whatis advertised.   Am I doing anything wrong here, or do I have a lemon??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100S-1BR-Battery-issue/td-p/3420934
Relevancy 63.21%

My LENOVO 100S-14IBR which I have since january 2016 runs down very quickly (within 15 minutes) to 8% and stays there (for hours). So, the battery seems to working fine but the indicator acts incorrectly. How can I solve this as I cannot monitor anymore the actual status of the battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/LENOVO-100S-14IBR-battery-indicator-runs-down-very-fast/td-p/3338399
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi everybody nbsp I recently bought the nbsp Ideapad S IBR at a local store the on September th It is a nice notebook but I just discovered something pretty unpleasing New battery - capacity 14IBR 100S Ideapad Shrank nbsp nbsp With Windows installed nbsp I could do hours of word processing New Ideapad 100S 14IBR - Shrank battery capacity with close to full battery which is pretty neat After installing Linux to my surprise since this OS has bad reputation about battery life I still could get around nbsp hours of word processing just like Windows Very nice nbsp for college usage However Linux Mint gives access to more in-depth informations about battery life that I can't seem to get on Windows nbsp nbsp As you can see my brand new battery nbsp can store nbsp up to mAh full charge according to its desing but I can only store nbsp mAh at full charge which is an indication of wear This discrepancy seems pretty large since I just recently bought it see charge cycles in days of usage but the battery is already at only of its life expecatncy which seems to be a lot of wear for such a small period nbsp I know that these tools aren't the most accurate but the charge full rate has been going down pretty reasonnably normal wearing since I have been monitoring this data nbsp so the measures seem nbsp to be pretty legit and not complete fantasy nbsp It really surprises me since I've been using my laptop very reasonably making sure it didn't heat nbsp and keeping the battery life between and in order to avoid nbsp cells being damaged I've been very conservative nbsp What can I do about Do you know if the customer support would change nbsp my nbsp battery Is installing Linux voiding my warranty anyways my issue is from hardware nature so it shouldn't matter right nbsp Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/New-Ideapad-100S-14IBR-Shrank-battery-capacity/td-p/3452280
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi everybody nbsp I recently bought the nbsp Ideapad S IBR at a local store the on September th It is a nice notebook but I just discovered something pretty unpleasing nbsp nbsp With Windows installed nbsp I could do hours of word processing with close to nbsp battery which is pretty neat After installing Linux to my surprise since this OS has bad reputation about battery life I still could get around nbsp hours of word processing just like Windows Very neat for college usage However Linux Mint gives acces to more in-depth informations about battery life that I can't seem to get on Windows nbsp nbsp As you can see my brand new battery nbsp can store nbsp up to mAh full charge according to its desing but I can only store nbsp mAh at full charge which is an indication of wear This discrepancy seems pretty large since I just recently bought it see charge cycles in days of usage but the battery is already at only 100S Brand Shrank Ideapad capa... 14IBR battery - New of its life Brand New Ideapad 100S 14IBR - Shrank battery capa... expecatncy which seems to be a lot of wear for such a small period nbsp I know that these tools aren't the most accurate but the charge full rate has been going down pretty reasonnably normal wearing since I have been monitoring this data nbsp so the measures seem Brand New Ideapad 100S 14IBR - Shrank battery capa... nbsp to be pretty legit and not complete fantasy nbsp It really surprises me since I've been using my laptop very reasonably making Brand New Ideapad 100S 14IBR - Shrank battery capa... sure it didn't heat nbsp and keeping the battery life between and in order to avoid nbsp cells being damaged I've been very conservative nbsp What can I do about Do you know if the customer support would change nbsp my nbsp battery Is installing Linux voiding my warranty anyways my issue is from hardware nature so it shouldn't matter right nbsp Thank you nbsp for reading

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Brand-New-Ideapad-100S-14IBR-Shrank-battery-capacity/td-p/3452280
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Lenovo users, The sleep mode seems draining a lot a battery. According to my tests, only the screen is turned off. The steps to reproduce the issue0 - start a youtube video 1 - close the lid -> the video is paused(no more sound)2 - open the lid -> the video is resumed3 - close the lid again -> the video is suspended for about 5 seconds before being resumed.... The computer drains about 2 watts in sleep mode : it seems close to the idle battery draining.I really suspect that the computer does only turn the screen off.A T420 laptop drains about 1 watts in sleep mode. In hibernation, the battery draining is about 1 watt. Is there any known bios issue ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-11IBY-high-battery-draining-in-sleep-mode-not-hibernation/td-p/3415535
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone, My little sister's ideapad 100S was playing up - unfortunately I wasn't really paying attention and just told her to restart it. Now the keyboard is not working as it should. As far as I can tell, the only buttons that are working are I, enter, tab, and the space bar. I've tried the on-screen keyboard and plugged in an external keyboard, and it is exactly the same. Restarting does not help. I cannot log in to check the drivers, etc. There has been nothing spilt on it, nothing downloaded to it - no variables at all, as far as I know.  Any advice?!  Thanks! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100S-Keyboard-not-working/td-p/3322366
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,as title states, i opened my 4 week old laptop yesterday to see a windows update (windows 10), one the pc started i couldnt use the touch pad, note: keys work fine it will work with a usb plugin mouse but that defeats the purpose of a laptop, hopefully its an easy fix, any help is greatly appreciated regards, Kyle

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:100S-14iBR mouse not working

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Go to the window search in the task bar and typed in "computer management? and open the computer management desktop app. Under device manager selected mice and other pointing devices and then elan input device. In the elan properties window that opened I selected uninstall to uninstall the driver and in the next box that opened warning that the driver was about to be uninstalled. I checked the delete driver and then OK. Then restarted windows. In the process of restarting windows detected the elan touchpad as a new device and installed the driver in time for the login screen.

Here is the link to download the Lenovo Windows 10 driver for the touchpad from our support site. -> TouchPad Driver Windows 10

Hope this helps. Let me know your findings.

Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-14iBR-mouse-not-working/td-p/3288811
Relevancy 56.33%

My lenovo 100S-11IBY had some problems with loading website graphic so i call to techsupport , one gentelmen said that i dont have win10 updates and i need to refresh sys. so i did it and after that my keyboard and touchopad not working. i did recovery sys 2 times with and without saving my files nothing helps. i check if outside mous and keyboard working and they are working. So what i should do now because i dont know how to fix it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-11IBY-keyboard-and-touchpad-not-working/td-p/3335701
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello. I have a Lenovo ideapad 100s - 80R2 that I just bought a few years ago. The device is running Windows 10 Home, build 1511. I have recently bought a Sandisk 32GB microSDHC card for use of the built-in microSD card slot of the device. When I tried to insert the card into the slot, there was not "Hardware Insert" notification sound coming out of Windows. I thought the card wasn't working. When I managed to insert the card into a USB microSD card reader, the system was able to detect the card, so it means it's working fine, but the microSD card isn't. I tried to find any updates for the SD card controller of the device, but it says it's already the latest version. Any help?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-100s-microSD-card-slot-not-working/td-p/3336122
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there I have an ASUS K IE laptop that i had for years now been working fine until days ACPI but is battery detect doesn't 7 Windows battery working ago this problem has been bugging me for the last days here's why my laptop suddenly didn't detect my battery thought it was because my battery was dead I searched the net on things Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working to do before quot throwing in the towel quot on my battery and today i came across a blog where the instruction was to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery driver I did just that and my battery suddenly worked well sort of now here's where it gets all weird every time i open my laptop i do the following plug in AC to laptop turn on laptop unplug AC laptop runs on battery log on to windows battery icon shows up as an empty charging icon then shows the quot Battery is not detected quot icon again please take note that my laptop is still ON and WORKING so this means MAYBE that my battery is working is it a battery problem or the driver is just messed up please anyone who encountered this and had SUCCESSFULLY fixed the problem coz i need to fix this right now thanks and more power to you all

A:Windows 7 ACPI doesn't detect battery but battery is working

I had a problem similar a while back. Try this
1.Shut down the laptop
2.Take out the ac cord and the battery. Hold down the power for about 10 seconds to remove electric charge in the capacitors.
3.Put the battery back in and reboot.
4.Start windows normally, and See if the battery is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249894-windows-7-acpi-doesnt-detect-battery-but-battery-working.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently purchased a used Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing LED) Battery EliteBook p and was disappointed at the battery life probably Ultra-slim Battery Not Working (Flashing Battery LED) due to years of use on the battery so I decided to buy an Ultra-slim battery to maximize my battery life Today it arrived in the mail and I plugged it in only to find it doesn't seem to work nbsp When I plug it in with the internal battery still installed the battery lightning bolt LED starts to flash amber and for the most part does not stop until I remove it In Windows the internal battery shows up as Battery and reports nothing installed for Battery nbsp If I only have the external battery installed the computer will not power on without the power adapter plugged in and the computer reports no batteries installed nbsp I have tried resetting the computer as instructed by another post on here unplug power and all batteries and hold the power button for seconds but that did not help nbsp I can't find any kind of battery diagnostic tests within BIOS settings so I'm not really sure if this is an issue with the computer or the battery I bought the battery used but the seller guaranteed nbsp it was tested and that it worked Do I need to use the docking station to charge it My guess is no since it has its own battery connection but I can't really find much information about it There is a button on the front of the battery with a battery icon on it but it doesn't seem to make any difference I've tried both tapping it and holding it down

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Ultra-slim-Battery-Not-Working-Flashing-Battery-LED/td-p/5739262
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I replaced the battery of my laptop ( Inspiron 17R SE 7720) with a new one.
But the Old one is 48 Wh and the new is 60wh.
When the laptop has started, this message appears " Warning, this battery is not recommended for this system use. It may only have limited features and non optimized performance. " .
What shall I do ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683091
Relevancy 43%

I juse recently purchased a lenovo ideapad 100s and my laptop won't turn on unless i have it plugged it into the charger. But the second i unplug it the laptop dies becuase the battery is always it 0% even if i have it charging for hours .

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/BATTERY-IS-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3426987
Relevancy 43%

I have my hp elitebook 850 G3 for one month now. When it was new i could use it for 9 hours on airplane mode but now fully charged only 4 hours on airplane mode. I want it to be 9 hours on airplane mode aigain. I have also noticed that my precentage is going down faster than before and I only use word and microsoft edge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-battery-is-not-working-like-before/td-p/5799407
Relevancy 43%

Hi there,
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521. Since a while now my laptop is given me messages explaining my battery has a fatal error and needs to be replaced. I have been searching for a different solution than simply replacing the battery/adapter and I've seen that a lot of people had to update their BIOS. I currently have BIOS A07. When I try to update using the driver I've gotten from your site this window pops up and tells me I have to plug in my battery and adapter. Both are plugged in but I can't seem to manage to start the update. 
I hope you guys can help me,Dries Vanden Broecke

A:Battery not working

Hi Dries Vanden Broecke,
Download the A14 BIOS here - http://dell.to/2diZOfL
Now, for the BIOS update to run, it is required that the battery be connected and battery should contain a minimum charge of 10% and the adapter needs to be detected in BIOS.
Having said this, Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?
Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.
Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.
Let us know if you have any other queries.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992864
Relevancy 43%

Hello I and fan working. Battery not have the following queries regarding my year old notebook whose warranty just expired - nbsp I want to buy a new battery for my laptop as the original one does not work anymore So Battery and fan not working. I was thinking if I can get a battery with a more capacity than the original one so that it lasts longer How much would the battery cost nbsp My laptop's fan also stopped working a month ago I suspect it might be because of dust collected over time Can I get that checked too along with the battery at HP service center and how much would it cost if I need to replace the fan nbsp I also want to Battery and fan not working. upgrade my TB hard disk with a SSD Is there any exchange or buy-back program at HP And how much would it cost nbsp I want to add another GB RAM to the existing GB Any idea how much it'd cost if I do all the above together nbsp Thanks amp Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-and-fan-not-working/td-p/5827132
Relevancy 43%

Hi all of you that are reading my post.Here where i live the electricity is not good that means that we have electricity for two hours
then it dissconect for five minutes or more.I have a pc with UPS(battery) and when i go for work i let my pc turned on downloading,but as we know when the electricity missing the UPS take pc turned on for 15-20minutes and then it turned off without command.And i want to know if Pc have the ability to know if its working with turned electricity or UPS and if it knows which are the components that make it(software or hardware).Please help me!!! Thanks

Relevancy 43%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 42.14%

battery is not working. my pc is under warranty. I need a support from gandhinagar service station. please replace it as soon as possible.

A:need support. battery not working.

Prachi. Warranty Service Partners for Commercial Products http://www8.hp.com/in/en/support-drivers/contact-centers/commercial/west.html REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/need-support-battery-not-working/td-p/5637075
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Gateway laptop that the Battery AC is not working right When I have just the AC plugged in and the battery removed the laptop works ok When I working Laptop Battery/AC right not plug in the battery the laptop runs off of the battery only and does not recognize the AC being connected The AC will not charge the battery When the battery dies the computer shuts down even though the AC is plugged in Then if I remove the battery and turn the laptop on it works I have plugged in the battery both Laptop Battery/AC not working right with the AC connected and with it not connected I have checked all the AC connections and they appear ok The status lights on the front of the laptop for the battery only turn solid red when the battery goes dead I have purchased new Rayovac batteries and have the same results Laptop Battery/AC not working right When I went into the BIOS to learn my old battery it said it was over voltage condition and it had no charge That is why I got a new battery The first new Rayovac battery was defective when I first plugged it in and I had to get another new battery Can anybody help me out Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway QTFBQS Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-battery-ac-not-working-right.973793/
Relevancy 42.14%

My Thinkpad T530 just stopped working on battery power and only powers/stays on when the AC adapter is connected. When it's connected and the battery is in though, the battery is detected and shows 100% charged. The second I unplug the AC adapter, the computer will cut off and it only turns on when the power is connected. Has anyone else experienced or remedied this issue? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Battery-Detected-Not-Working/td-p/3385862
Relevancy 42.14%

I put in my new battery; it has had more than 48 hours to charge, but when I turn on the notebook, it trys to start, and then just shuts down before it boots up at all.  Yes I used the same kind of battery, same brand, etc.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-new-battery-not-working/td-p/5614075
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Toshiba A75 laptop. My battery had died and I got a new one but the laptop wont work on battery. It works on the AC adaptor. I got replacement batteries twice but same result. I got the laptop checked by a repair company and they say the motherboard is ok. Is there a possibility that the battery is not working due to software / drivers issue? When I put in the battery, it shows the charging light and charges to 100% but as soon as the power goes, the computer goes out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-working-on-battery.796174/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I recently took my laptop over to a friends house along with the wall charger and everything was working properly not working Laptop battery I get it home hours later plug everything back in like I normally have it set up and now the battery won't charge The battery icon says quot There is a problem with your battery so your computer might shut down suddenly quot and also quot Plugged in not Laptop battery not working charging Consider replacing your battery quot I did a little research on here and found a forum post from years ago in regards to an Asus laptop battery Laptop battery not working issue In that forum it was suggested to quot gt In Device Manager Under the Batteries category right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings and select Uninstall it s ok if you only have quot I don't know if that is my best option at this point or if my battery is toast The laptop is over years old If anyone could give me insight on how to fix this that would be great Thank you

A:Laptop battery not working

Hello Alldayvikings28 and welcome to Seven Forums.

If the battery still has a charge left, you might try running a power efficiency diagnostic report to see what the health of the battery is.

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

You could also remove the battery and run the laptop on AC power only just to rule out a computer issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282905-laptop-battery-not-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought this laptop (Compaq Presario 2596US) off a friend. Its got a 40GB eIDE hdd, and 768MB RAM.

The issue is the battery. He replaced it a year before I bought it, but it won't charge. Looking in the BIOS i see:
BSN : 08274 09/19/2008
C1: 4400
C2: 4311
C3: 0
ME: 1
CC: 3
T: 23
TV: 3993
C: 0
DV: 14400
MN: GW
S: 4AD0
CV1: 1181
CV2: 1388
CV3: N/A

The battery is an F4809A. If I hold the self-test (blue botton with a pointer finger next to a percentage bar), no lights show up.

The AC charger works fine, it powers it up and is a geniune HP charger.

Is the C/CV fields where the problem is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newish-hp-battery-not-working.900291/
Relevancy 42.14%

My hp steam 11 says it needs a new battery and  i have only had it for 6 months and it says the battey is 365 days old

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Urggg-my-battery-ist-working/td-p/5679522
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I recently had a new motherboard and lcd screen installed on my Dell inspiron After the tech guy installed the new reconditioned parts and left I went to move my laptop and the screen went black upon unplugging it I went into the bios and made sure that the settings were up on brightness on battery and it was all the way up If I plug it back in it is fine I called the tech that had just left my home and he said that due to him already closing that ticket I had to call Dell and open another The working screen power. not LCD battery on issue was that I was out of warranty that day this was his rd trip due to a faulty motherboard twice I explained to Dell this was an issue that only happened after the guy changed the lcd screen and it never happened before He told me I needed a new battery I knew mine was old but it had a little life in it i knew this wasn t the problem So I had to order a new battery and it obviously didn t fix the problem I called Dell back and they refused to help me due to being out of warranty I again exclaimed that it was due to the LCD screen not working on battery power. issue when I was under warranty He refused to help this was a manager told me I needed to ship my laptop to them to fix and a low cost of Anyway is there any other issue LCD screen not working on battery power. you could think of that could cause the lcd to not work on battery power yet be fine on ac power Also on battery power everything else works so I know it isn t everything effected Thanks in advance nbsp

A:LCD screen not working on battery power.

You might check the power settings in windows control panel.
It could be set for low or no backlight for power saving options.
Start/control panel/power options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-screen-not-working-on-battery-power.905025/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi

Me and my sister have the same laptop with windows 7 ultimate 32bit running on each one. The problem is my sisters laptop is not detecting the laptop battery charger when inserted. Her battery and charger works fine as I tested them on my laptop and both fully functional and even my own battery and charger does not work on her laptop.

When the charger is plugged in no message or charging icon comes up, just the normal battery icon. I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the laptop.

any help please?

Thanks

A:Laptop not detecting a working battery

Hello slizza and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post some additional information about the laptop like make and model? Sometimes a computer manufacturer installs their own software that controls how a machine will work. Just as an example, on a Sony Vaio they have what's called Vaio Care. This software can override the built in Windows 7 power plan settings.

In the meantime, you could compare the power plan settings on your laptop to the settings on your sister's laptop and make sure they're the same. You could also run a power diagnostics efficienty report to see if your sister's machine is showing any issues.

Power Plan Settings - Change

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

You could also open Device Manager and see if there are any warning symbols for the battery. This could indicate a driver issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/218112-laptop-not-detecting-working-battery.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a new battery. The laptop is g560 working fine on AC adapter without battery in. When I put  the battery in the laptop starts draing the battery without charging. May be it will work if I uninstl the ACPI...thing  from windows 7 the problem is that impossible to turn on the machine with the empty battery  and the AC plugged in. Evry time switching on it tries to boot on battery ignoring the AC adaptor. I have no idea if the battery is charging when the laptop is turned off. 

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G560-ac-power-and-battery-not-working-together/td-p/3313670
Relevancy 41.71%

My external battery is not working.  I get the following errors when I start my computer. 1. Power Manager Guage - An error occurred while loading this resource.2. There was a problem laodgin (x86)\Thinkpad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll A dynamic link library (DLL) initalizaiton routine failed. Under Lenovo Settings - Power manger it says my second battery is in bad condition.  I bought a new battery and it still displays this message. Under battery gague reset it says 90% remaining for the second batery.  I'm running windows 10 / 64bit and have done all the lenovo updates and attempted to reinstall the related driver. 

A:T440s external battery not working

Hi Dan, Do you have a setup.exe file located in the c:\program files\Lenovo\settingsdependency\power  folder, and if so, can you try running that and see if the problem goes away?     I should add, that it might just say Setup, and not actually say Setup.exe depending on your view settings, but run it anyway.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-external-battery-not-working/td-p/3307951
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello HPForums,I realized the battery had troubles when I unplugged my laptop to take it to the bathroom (haha). I turned off inmediately. So I checked for the battery to be well connected and it was OK. When I removed it, i found this gummy yellow substance that smells sweet on one of the sides. It was both in the battery and on the slot.(See photo attached).  Battery is PI06 manufactured on 2013. The battery doesn't work but the computer do knows it is plugged in. Is there a fix? And what was the cause of this leak? I handle my computer really carefully and don't leave it plugged often. Thanks!f

A:Battery leaked and stopped working. How to fix it?

@giantfrancor

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-leaked-and-stopped-working-How-to-fix-it/td-p/5660667
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have Dell Ispiron 15 3542 and I am surprised that my laptop has been switched off directly even though the battery is 100% charged and even the charging icon is displaying at task bar when the charger is switched on. But red light for low battery goes on blinking and when the power cord is removed it switches off and if switched on the power cord a message appears as "Your battery has met with parmanent failure and needs to be replaced and press F1 to continue and press F2 for setup utility" 

Please help with the issues

A:Lap top not working even the battery is fully charged

I'd suggest you check Battery's status and health in the Battery Meter App. Please right click battery icon at taskbar, and then click on battery health. It should say Your Battery Is Performing Normally, if it say anything else then you most likely need a new one. Secondly, check battery status, if there's a checkmark in box by Enable Dell Extended Battery Life then uncheck it and restart computer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986270
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys.

I've search the forum but I can't find anything relevant.

I don't like leaving my laptop on charge all the time and I sometimes forget to switch the battery charger on and Windows shuts down.

Now in Control Panel - Sounds you can set various sounds for various operations I made my own Chargebattery.wav and enabled it for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm and they both test ok. When the battery gets low it doesn't play the wave file.

Does anyone know why it doesn't sound on a low battery or am I missing something in the sound settings?

Cheers.

A:Need the charge battery sound working?

Well I posted this thread a week ago and 80 users have read it but no one has made a comment.

As anyone any suggestions to try?

I've downloaded Battery Meter Gadget but thats only a visual warning so you would have to have the sidebar on top all the time plus it doesn't play any sounds?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/292047-need-charge-battery-sound-working.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys nbsp I have a recognized, or Battery A/C. not without working charging problem with my ProBook for last couple days it won't run Battery recognized, not charging or working without A/C. or charge the battery Windows shows the battery it can also read its capacity with nbsp powercfg -energy all it says is charging but the percentage never moves and if I remove my A C cable notebook shuts down nbsp nbsp What I did as a troubleshoot nbsp Different battery - Doesn't work Same battery in a different notebook G - It works Removing battery drivers from windows and re-installing the battery - Doesn't work Checking the cable connectors on a motherboard - All seems to be fine Changing -PIN cable of a battery - Doesn't work Flashing Updating BIOS - Doesn't work nbsp I've heard read there would be a screw or something which will dock lock the battery in order to work but I can't locate it myself if it even exist nbsp nbsp My very last thought on this would be a matherboard failure but I can't be sure as battery is recognized by windows just fine nbsp What should I try next nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-recognized-not-charging-or-working-without-A-C/td-p/5821459
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys, I have a Tecra A10 0n Win 7 x64 Pro and has been working perfect for ages, all of a sudden the laptop went into hibernation and will now only boot up with AC plugged in.

The battery is fine as I have tried it on a different laptop without issue.

When I try to boot laptop without AC connected it loads to the Toshiba splash screen for a couple of seconds then dies.

Has anyone else had this or have an idea what the issue could be. Latest BIOS has been on for a while and all correct drivers are installed.

Laptop runs perfect with AC connected but tries to hibernate as soon as AC disconnects.

Could it be that the laptop cannot take power from the battery for longer than a couple of seconds?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Tecra A10-14P Wont run on a working battery

> Laptop runs perfect with AC connected but tries to hibernate as soon as AC disconnects.
For me it sounds like the battery charge level is very low and that the power management of the Win OS set the notebook to hibernation mode due to charging level.

Possibly the notebook does not charge the battery properly.
If you said that the battery is OK (don?t know how you test this) then there must be a issue with the battery charging system. This means that the motherboard is not OK.

However, in your case I would test the notebook with a new battery to be 100% sure that this issue is not related to a faulty battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63453-Tecra-A10-14P-Wont-run-on-a-working-battery
Relevancy 41.71%

New Aspire R3 battery won't charge. Was fine but now just recognises it is plugged in but not charging. Only 12% left.

A:My new Aspire R3 battery won't charge. Was working...

Hello, Have you tried this:1. Shut down your laptop2. Disconnect the AC adapter3. Wait few minutes4. Follow this procedure Note: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol on the bottom.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-new-Aspire-R3-battery-won-t-charge-Was-working-fine-but-now/td-p/422101/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys.I've search the forum but I can't find anything relevant.I don't like leaving my laptop on charge all the time and I sometimes forget to switch the battery charger on and Windows shuts down.Now in Control Panel - Sounds you can set various sounds for various operations I made my own Chargebattery.wav and enabled it for Critical Battery Alarm and Low Battery Alarm and they both test ok. When the battery gets low it doesn't play the wave file. It does show the low battery tooltip in the systray but you can easily miss that.Does anyone know why it doesn't sound on a low battery or am I missing something in the sound settings?I've downloaded Battery Meter Gadget but thats only a visual warning so you would have to have the sidebar on top all the time plus it doesn't play any sounds?Cheers.

A:Need the charge battery sound working?

Does no one have any comments on this?I made the Chargebattery.wav with 2nd Speech Center as the default Windows Battery Low.wav and Windows Battery Critical.wav are just bleeps mine says your battery needs charging. I also made a Trash.wav to empty the recycle bin that says your recycle bin has been emptied and that works great. If anyone wants these wav file let me know?The Battery Meter does play a few bleeps which is better than nothing.I put back the default Battery Low.wav and Windows Battery Critical.wav but Battery Meter still played the beeps. I removed Battery Meter and tried it again and it still didn't play the default sounds it just shows the yellow message at 10 minutes and the red one at 6 minutes so this system for playing sounds is obviously crap.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/415888/need-the-charge-battery-sound-working/
Relevancy 41.71%

Can someone please help
I recently bought a new charger cable for my hp compaq 6720s and since then my battery wont charge and when it is plugged in the mains (the only way the laptop works) the mouse on my laptop doesn't work either, i've also tried using an external mouse but that doesn't work also. is it the charger i bought which is faulty or the battery, or even just the laptop itself?

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:battery not charging and mouse not working

There could be a problem internally, with your laptop such as the motherboard, causing both the keyboard and battery problem.

1.) Have you tried removing the laptop battery, and testing it with just the adapter plugged in to see if it still works without powering down? If it powers down while plugged in-with the battery removed, there is a problem with the computer itself or the power adapter.

2.) When you say your are using an external mouse, is it a corded mouse or is it wireless? (It is best to swap with a wired mouse instead of a wireless for troubleshooting purposes)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-not-charging-and-mouse-not-working.1003239/
Relevancy 41.71%

The battery is not working at all it keep changing but its 0% nothing when i insert it the small LED that is beside the power change cable start to blink red colour then blue red then blue but when i remove the battery nothing its just blue there is no any red blinking

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-working-Doesn-t-Charge/td-p/5795163
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey I ve got an N4050 14 working Inspiron Battery not Inspiron N bought years ago never had a problem with it of the time I used it directly connected to the power outlet at home When I plugged in the battery fully charged it went from to then to its s and s Inspiron 14 N4050 Battery not working real quick maybe in a matter of minutes and then shut down I then bought a new original battery because I thought that the fact of not using it in years and that the original battery was years old could be the reason I ve followed the guidelines and I m now using it for the first time I fully charged it and when I turned on the laptop it said it had around hrs min of battery After a few minutes around hours min Then it set at hr min After one hour of very low usage Used Microsoft Word and read a few PDF s its at with minutes left I checked that the computer was at power saving mode and all that The brightness is set far lower than high nbsp What should I do and where could the problem be coming from Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990019
Relevancy 41.28%

I am working on a relatives computer and am having major difficulties. When I received the computer it would not boot. It would hang up when running the bios and stop with the error message no mouse, no keyboard or keyboard error. I was able to get the mouse recognised but not the keyboard. The cmois battery was removed and replaced and now there is no video. I am not sure what this computer is running. Theres a digital readout on the front that says 200 when you start up. It has a diamond video card. When I power it on the cpu fan works power supply works, theres no lights on the floppy or on the cdrom that light up. Any suggestion on what to do to get video back and resolve the original keyboard error message. I did try to boot from a floppy before the batteries removal and that did not work.

Relevancy 41.28%

I didnt use my laptop for 2 weeks and when I finally get to use it, an error message shows up on startup saying of an hp battery alert where the storage capacity is supposedly very low and now it is not charging. There is also the case of the keyboard not responding if left idle for a while and will only respond if the whole laptop was restarted. It was perfectly fine before so i used system diagnostics and ran an extensive hard disk check and i got this: failure ID Q09K2F-00086P-MFKR6J-61D603product ID G2G88PA#UUFHARD DRIVE 1 please help. thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-2-weeks-of-not-using-laptop-battery-isnt-working/td-p/5710951
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all appologies for the long post nbsp I am using Windows and nbsp re-building an image for the Lenovo X & on working powerpoint ThinkPad X260 battery not as a few users have reported an error with Power Point in Office nbsp When on battery Power Point slide shows won't advance through the slides it just stops and won't move to next slide on keypress or mouse click on mains power it works fine I had a mess around with a users laptop that has the issue and installing Lenovo System Update and installing all the available updates and drivers solved the problem so I re-created the image on another nbsp X nbsp ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working and the problem returned but now installing Lenovo System update and all software amp drivers doesn't fix the issue this is on a clean install of Windows nbsp when the slide show pauses I can press the Windows key and click Power Point and there is a little box that says Resume slide show clicking this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't all windows updates are installed if I use an external keyboard and mouse it works OK I've tried disabling ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working all power management in BIOS and Windows the only permanent fix I've found that works everytime ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working is to disable Hardware Acceleration in Office settings but some of the docs users have are massive so don't want to cause any slowdowns or nbsp issues plus it's anoying that I can't find another solution even though it worked on a users laptop nbsp Anyone else seen this issue or have an idea of a fix nbsp Cheers Solved Go to Solution

A:ThinkPad X260 on battery & powerpoint not working

I believe your system has the Intel HD Graphics, so  if that is the case, open up the Windows Control panel, and check for an Intel HD graphics control panel.    If the present, it usually has its own power management settings in Windows 7, and if so, set it to maximum performance when on battery and see if that solves your problem.     Other video card manufacturer may have similar power  settings as well if yours is not the Intel variety.    Other than some form of power management issue, I cannot see any other reason battery vs AC should make any difference.. Good Luck,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X260-on-battery-amp-powerpoint-not-working/td-p/3469381
Relevancy 41.28%

I ve been having a strange problem with the battery for my Thinkpad laptop I noticed Battery Stopped Working Thinkpad Suddenly the other day that Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working it wasn t charging when I plugged the AC adapter in Eventually it ran out completely and would not charge at all This happened very suddenly it was working fine a week ago If I have the battery installed and AC attached and hit the power button the system will start up for a few seconds and then shut down Sometimes it will randomly start AGAIN for another few seconds and then shut down The only way I can get the computer to run is with the battery removed and AC adapter attached If I start the computer up with the AC adapter attached and then insert the battery the computer immediately powers down I really want to get this problem resolved I m hoping that it s just the battery itself but it seems strange that it would stop working so suddenly From my experience laptop batteries tend to lose their power over time And even if the battery was no good shouldn t the computer still work as long as the AC line is connected I have no problem replacing the battery I m just not certain that this is the real issue It seems that the AC adapter works fine Is this likely just a battery problem or is it possible that the motherboard is damaged nbsp

A:Thinkpad Battery Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi Dan and welcome to TSG.

I assume your Thinkpad's warranty has run out.

It could be a problem with the motherboard power circuitry but that would be expensive to fix.

As the charger looks ok the easiest and cheapest thing to do is to try a new battery.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thinkpad-battery-suddenly-stopped-working.1138095/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a Dell inspiron 5521 and it's 8 months old. Today when I opened it this message appeared : "Your battery has experienced permanent failure and needs to be replaced. I can open the notebook when ac is on but the red led of battery is blinking and the battery can not be charged. Also in bios i get the same message about battery. Is this really a permanent failure ? It's just 8 monts old. What can I do ? 
I burrow with my friend to check the battery when i replace the battery it works is that battery suddenly death ?
Points. 
I have updated the Bios also
Also I diagnostics

A:Dell Inspiron 5521 Battery not Working

Hi SUBASH4U,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please boot into BIOS <F2> and check on the status of the battery listed.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19786188
Relevancy 41.28%

i just purchased a brand new battery for my laptop and it still will not charge or play off it and it needs to be plugged in.

any suggestions are grealy appreciated

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi.  When I'm working on my Flex 3 on battery only, after about 20 minutes, the screen will "turn off."  I use quotations because the sreen turns black but it is back-lit.  Sound still works.  No buttons get me out of this frozen state and I have to hard restart the computer. Anybody else have this issue?  Computer is 1 month old. Thanks!

A:Flex 3 screen turns off when working on battery

I have exactly the same problem. Works fine when plugged in, but absolutely useless on battery, due to this random "black screen". My screen too is backlit, but the only way I have found to "wake-up" the screen is to reboot the computer. My Flex 3 came from Costco, and I am planning to return it. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-3-screen-turns-off-when-working-on-battery/td-p/2237326
Relevancy 41.28%

Once I plugged in charger while my notebook was turned off.
It lighted Plug LED and Battery LED was blinking after 3 seconds.

I reinserted battery and it charged fine.
One day I was using my NB200 and it run out of charge, I plugged in and same thing happen but even after reinserting battery it won't start.

Plugging in it for long time doesn't heats up battery nor notebook. I can only start it without battery plugged in. Inserting battery shuts down PC after 1 seconds and LED of battery again blinks after 3 seconds.

What does it means? I tired putting battery in fridge because I read on internet it might fix but no luck.

Any idea how can I fix it.

A:Battery suddenly stopped working on NB200-10z

Hi

First of all you have to know that the notebook should run properly without the battery but with connected AC adaptor.
Even if the battery would be faulty or empty, the connected AC adaptor should supply power and you should be able to power up the notebook.

In case this isn?t possible, I assume an power supply electronic malfunction.

However, you could test the following workaround:
Try to power up and to boot the notebook without the battery.
Then go to device manager and uninstall the following entries under batteries:
- Microsoft composite battery
- Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery

Then reboot the notebook.
Power OFF again and insert the battery.
Power On the notebook and check if the unit would run properly.

Of course it would be also recommend testing the notebook in connection with another good and tested battery.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?78509-Battery-suddenly-stopped-working-on-NB200-10z
Relevancy 41.28%

My e's got messed up volume i... working not battery properly(and keys volume 11e buttons The LED on the F key stays illuminated regardless if its muted or not Also they keys 11e volume keys not working properly(and battery i... only function to toggle the mute on or off F F F and the volume buttons on the side To raise or lower the volume i have to use the speaker icon in the task tray nbsp Also and this is far more worrying I charged the battery to and then unplugged it to put it aside About 11e volume keys not working properly(and battery i... days later i grabbed it take it to a friends and when i got there it wouldnt turn on Turns out the battery had run TOTALLY dead in those days even though it was fully powered down 11e volume keys not working properly(and battery i... not standby Is this an issue with the e's My last thinkpad was a T but in the interum i have used lots of other laptops and netbooks none of which were this quick to self-discharge nbsp Its the nd gen N non-yoga running windows pro gb ssd gb

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/11e-volume-keys-not-working-properly-and-battery-issue/td-p/3453551
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Need some help, I have an inspiron 5100 that I bought couple of year ago. few month back I noticed that the machine is not charging the battery when the laptop is on. as sson as I shut down and turn off teh laptop, teh charger stats working on the battery. So I don't beleive it is a battery problem but rather a charger one, I'm wondering if someone know if it is a software related and how to fix it.

thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 5100 Battery Charger not working

Check very carefully for full contact from the charger points, and the best way to clean them is with a pencil eraser, followed by denatured alcohol and a queue tip. The contacts do become weak or bent, which can cause the problem.
There is no software that affects that model, but there is a chip in the battery that counts the number of full charges. Onces it reaches that magic number, it stops further charging even though good otherwise. This is to prevent fire and other damage as the battery ages.
Otherwise, you need someone with experience using a soldering iron, to replace a couple of doohickies inside the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5100-battery-charger-not-working.84570/
Relevancy 40.85%

I was previously using Win8.1Pro and the charging would stop at 95% (plugged in, not charging) and after charging would go below that level, charging would kick in like 90% (plugged in, charging). However, now i'm using Win10Pro and the smart charging feature isn't working. I've tried google, but to no avail. What worries me is, keeping the charger plugged in at 100% all the time will wear the battery out and plugging and unplugging all the time is just a nuisance!How can I revert back to the previous state?  I've tried HP AC Power Control, but it's not made for Win 10 as it just unresponsive even after we apply and okay and frankly, it's just a poor software.  HP should learn from Sony or Dell, their Battery Care Function and Battery Life Extension are very much user friendly.I would appreciate help in this matter. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-Care-Function-While-Charging-Not-Working-Anymore/td-p/5821410
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a compaq 610 notebook. it says charging everytime i plug in the charger but does nott exceed 0% and its internal speaker does not work but the headsets work. this has taken sometime, and has disturbed me alot esspecially when power goes off abruptly. please help me

A:internal speaker not working, but headsets work, and battery...

Dear HP Customer, I understand that you have 2 issues on your Compaq 610 1. Unit not charging the battery and shows 0%  2. Internal Speakers not working.  

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/internal-speaker-not-working-but-headsets-work-and-battery/td-p/5606529
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a HDX16 laptop running windows 7. The battery is a year and a few months old, and yesterday was giving me at least 50 min of battery life. However today, it wont hold a charge at all and my computer shuts down completely whenever the power supply is interrupted for a millisecond. I ask because this is the second time a battery has suddenly stopped working on me and I am wondering if there is a reason for this. I tried to check the battery condition by hitting esc + f2 when my computer starts up, but there is no battery check option. Any explanation or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time. 

A:Battery suddenly stops working - computer shuts off despite ...

Hey Aitchpk,  I'm sorry you're having a battery issue. I would suggest running a battery check using HP Support Assistant if you have it installed on your computer.  You could also try using this standalone Battery Check. Do you have any issues like this if you operate the computer without the battery and just have the power cord plugged in?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-suddenly-stops-working-computer-shuts-off-despite/td-p/2560581
Relevancy 40.85%

My machine is getting older still works like a champ but some wonky things are happening power working is battery pc tho failures even packup during restarts Last week during a storm the computer restarted I have always used battery backups with avr and it really shocked me It never gave me an error just restarted itself So I checked it and my battery back up seemed to pc restarts even tho battery packup is working during power failures not be doing its job I unplugged everything and plugged in a lamp and then unplugged the back up and the light flashed I could not remember when I bought it but I was sure it was over years So I bought another one well the same thing is happening and this time I installed the monitoring pc restarts even tho battery packup is working during power failures software and did a self test and the computer still restarted itself and the battery back up says it is working fine I changed the outlet the back up was using too the test with the light on the new one seems to show the back up is working too I did have a new power supply installed before I replaced the back up cause it seemed the fans were not working in it that was determined at the place I had it installed it was not working but I didn t have time for a diagnosis And now I even have a weirder problem too half my icons that used to show up in the task bar are not there now the things I always closed I am happy about but now I don t have icon for my usb things nothing to click to safely remove hardware The things that have changed in the last bit of time is that I had a problem with my avg security suite it seemed that when I started to do anything using a bunch a bandwidth I would lose my dialup connection and I asked the support if all the filters and stuff running could be causing that Just asked they suggested upgrading to that might solve any of those kinds of problems cause it was supposed to be less resource intensive Dumb me did it Now I am talking with their tech people about why this version s firewall will not configure One change but that major change was after the power supply change and the battery back up change To install the software for the battery back up I added a powered usb hub and I think that is when my icon for the usb disappeared but not sure seems that the some of the icons had been intermittently being gone since I installed the new avg stuff But the weirdest thing is other than that stuff my machine is working well It is a velocity micro gamers edge model p gigs ram pro still as snappy as it was when I got it back in sept of The main reason I noticed the fans in the old power supply not working was because I have temp gauges for the ambient processor and video card installed and I know they are not really right but it gave me an idea of what was going on and the temps had increased like degrees c Checked and they were not moving I just really worry about the restarting thing I never get an error or anything just restarts I know in the last few weeks it has done that more than in the whole time I have owned it I know all this stuff is really weird and probably not connected but gees this has been the best computer I have ever had and believe it or not nothing has ever been done aside from the power supply and a harddrive failure right after I got it no reformatting or anything Maybe that is what is needed but since I don t do that myself my experience is no matter who I get to work on my machines they are never ever the same I would rather just buy a new one I guess mainly does anyone have any idea of these things sealing the doom for my machine Like I should be ready for the worse nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-restarts-even-tho-battery-packup-is-working-during-power-failures.702345/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have installed Windows 7, on my Vaio VGN-SZ660N and I`m having lots of difficulties with installing its new drivers.
I can not install Windows Shared Library, So My Function keys do not work any more and more important I do not have my "Battery Care Function" any more which resulted in damage of my battery. Can you help me where I can get "working drivers" for my Model? Because the ones on the Sony website do not seem to be working...

Thank you

A:VAIO drivers not working,Battery Care Function

Have you downloaded the correct Windows 7 drivers for your VAIO? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Sony eSupport - VGN-SZ660N - Software Updates & Drivers

Edit: I see from your system specs you have 32 bit Windows 7. The drivers available from Sony should work for you. You might try this forum at notebookreview.com, it the "owners" forum for the SZ series.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony...rs-lounge.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/162113-vaio-drivers-not-working-battery-care-function.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello My cpu has begun running at to with the ieexplore exe and system processes eating up most of it working bad popup running 100%, message to CPU not USB and battery Ports 75% This has been happening for the last few weeks but I can t think of anything I did that may have brought it on I don t know if these are related or not but my usb ports haven t been working properly either and my computer now says that I am using the wrong power cord the power cord I use is the one that came with the computer a Dell Latitude with the XP operating system I disabled Spybot and have Symantic Antivirus Corporate Edition running right now CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup As per your instructions I am posting DDS txt I m not a techie so I may need to extra patience Thanks for anything you can do to assist me DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup Program Files DropBox DropBox DropBox exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME XXX Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp news google com news ned us uSearch Page uSearch Bar uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper ocx TB E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - No File uRun Uniblue RegistryBooster c program files uniblue registrybooster RegistryBooster exe S mRun BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent mRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exe mRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exe mRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program files intel wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot mRun IntelWireless quot c program files intel wireless bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe mRun vptray c progra symant symant vptray exe mRun PDVDDXSrv quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd dx PDVDDXSrv exe quot mRun DropBoxUtility quot c program files dropbox dropbox DropBox exe quot s mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files common files apple mobile device support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL Trusted Zone turbotax com DPF A BB - - EC-ACCB- EAE B - hxxp support dell com systemprofi... Read more

A:CPU running 75% to 100%, USB Ports not working and bad battery message popup

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for not being able to have replied to your topic. If you still need help, please start a new thread and post a fresh set of logs requested in our pre-posting process outlined below, as it has been quite a while since you posted:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cpu-running-75-to-100-usb-ports-not-working-and-bad-battery-message-popup-368164.html
Relevancy 40.85%

my dell d600 wont charge batteries

I have purchased a new power supply, new battery

nothing worked so I took it to get it repaired and I was told that there is a problem with some connector in the montherboard I guess thats what detects the battery..
and in the bios it reports the battery as unknow as does windows
does anybody know if this is DIY job? instead of spending money on getting it repaired?

also is there a way to recharge a battery without have it inserted in the laptop?

thanks

A:Dell D600 laptop problem - Battery not working

I wouldn't waste any more money on a laptop that old. It's unfortunate that you spent money on a new battery and power adapter.

There's no point in charging the battery externally, which would require yet another purchase if such a device exists for that model battery. The odds are the problem is with the laptop itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d600-laptop-problem-battery-not-working.630514/
Relevancy 40.85%

Product Name: HPVI04 Notebook batteryUsed in Laptop: HP ENVY 14 Notebook PCBattery life: 15 months Issue:  The battery(HPVI05 NOTEBOOK Battery) stopped working only 14months after purchase. Tried to buy the product online but this product is one of the worst product with 100s of poor reviews and helpless customer service facing the same problem. The customer service is equally bad with hours of waiting time and no solution. Tried to point out the poor feedback given to product but seems Team HP does not bother. Please Help P.S: http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-vi04-notebook-battery?jumpid=Accessories_Finder_PDP #product details  #poorcustomerreview

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-stopped-working-month-after-warranty-period-was-over/td-p/5854512
Relevancy 40.85%

Does anyone have the same issue.Please advise.On IdeaPad I try to boot from CD or USB, and it says: No boot devices found !Secure Boot is disabled 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-100s/td-p/3477713
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi All My computer has been infected with s of infections I have ran scans with both Kaspersky and Spyware Doctor Both found some trojans and would ask for a reboot to remove all of them but even after rebooting the system the computer is still infected Right now when i start the computer i get the My Documents windows opened by itself and no icon is displayed on the desktop although i can run task manager to run tasks Below is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC WINDOWS system svchost them of 100s and Trojans exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Trojans and 100s of them Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS System TUProgSt exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http in yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - c f- f- a - db- e c b f - C WINDOWS system gfdkqfvd dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus ievkbd dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - e -e ab- e a- db-abc a f - c windows system slvcruv dllO - HKLM Run C ukkt exeO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run ISTray quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Global Startup Bluetooth lnk O - Extra context menu item amp Search - http edits mywebsearch com toolbaredits html p ZJfox O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Send to amp Bluetooth Device - C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btsendto ie ctx htmO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Web traffic protection statistics - F - ... Read more

A:Trojans and 100s of them

Hello kopster,Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.Please post the contents of that document. *****************Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from one of these places:http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti...&tag=buttonhttp://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Ant...ware_d5756.htmlhttp://www.besttechie.net/mbam/mbam-setup.exeDouble Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application. * Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan. * The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note) * The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM. * Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply along with a fresh Hijackthis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/246433/trojans-and-100s-of-them/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I've just had a laptop given me to repair and had to restore to factory default state Tried to connect to my wireless network only to find that when it connects it shows as an 'Unidentified Network' with Local Access only but that's a different story Current connection is via Ethernet The story so far Once connected I had updates available no SP Installed them all some failed due to old office installation new updates no SP Installed updates...Then 100s SP1 of them update Installed update Installed Update finally SP Installed and lost sound capability Continued with update check updates found no SP Installing now I thought that a Service Pack was supposed to include ALL previous updates up to the point that the SP was released Obviously it's not that case as from over updates only has been SP My worry is that after the next finish downloading amp installing i'll find yet more to install then SP then another few thousand Anyone else found this nbsp nbsp Note I could have downloaded the standalone SP amp SP installers but thought i'd let WU do it's own thing OS

A:100s of updates...Then SP1

I woulda just done the standaones... I'm certain it cuts on the updates.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/285568-100s-updates-then-sp1.html
Relevancy 40.42%

hello all, I have a problem in my Dell latitude pp0x1 laptop which is like following: 1- When I press power on button, the power light LED become light ON for 3 or 4 second and return back to off state and the laptop not powering ON at all. 2- when I connect it to the Dc power the battery button wink slowly. really I am in trouble and worried of this error plz help. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-battery-light-wink-and-laptop-not-working.953342/
Relevancy 40.42%

On Thursday an Intel spokesman confirmed that the company is working to patch a minor bug that will reduce the battery working life bug Microsoft squash Windows Intel, to 10 battery life of some Windows machines by less than percent The good news is that once fixed Intel expects the battery life Intel, Microsoft working to squash Windows 10 battery life bug of a Windows PC to be on par with a Windows system the Intel spokesman said With the Windows launch just days away on July Intel Microsoft app developers and hardware makers are working to finalize drivers and fix bugs Microsoft for example issued an update for Intel s HD Graphics integrated GPU on Thursday for its Surface line along with a firmware update that failed to update for many people In some sense both Intel and Microsoft are on an intercept course with Microsoft s Windows scheduled to hit the market shortly before Intel is expected to begin shipping its next-generation Skylake chips The combination of new drivers new software and new hardware usually means a fertile ground for bugs which all parties are busy patching Intel among them http www pcworld com article windows intel-microsoft-working-to-squash-windows- -battery-life-bug html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584265/intel-microsoft-working-to-squash-windows-10-battery-life-bug/
Relevancy 39.99%

So does anyone know how to fix this. recently i noticed any and all video is extremly slow. i found this from the webroot secure anywhere i received witht the laptop from best buy. how do you fix this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/lenovo-100s-graphic-ram-is-low/td-p/3484299
Relevancy 39.99%

Unlike other laptops I've had which were able to run without the battery even in the laptop, i.e. Only plugged in, my laptop requires some level of charging before even turning on when plugged in.  is this normal or is there a setting to allow the device to turn on when plugged in. Quite a pain having to wait for it to re charge, isn't that the point of corded use? Also it seems to die pretty quickly and even when put to sleep when closed fizzles out quickly. Again is this normal?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-does-not-run-on-charger-alone/td-p/3314578
Relevancy 39.99%

How do I enable hibernation on my Ideapad 100s? It's not available in the power options, and running powercfg plus a reboot does nothing.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Enable-hibernation-on-100s/td-p/3455835
Relevancy 39.99%

My Lenovo 100s won't turn on, there's not lights at all and when i plug the charger in I hear a faint beep but still not lights, it was working fine now won't turn on and it has all my uni work on it what can I do it's only a month and a half old

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/My-lenovo-100s-won-t-turn-on/td-p/3322882
Relevancy 39.99%

my lenovo 100s keeps crashing. it does it 3-5 times a day. it is really making mad anyone know what to do?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-100S-keeps-crashing/td-p/3337464
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi can someone help me please I ve read of a few other people with the same problem but nothing that has worked for them has worked Basically loads of spam mail is being sent from my computer I know this only cause Norton Anti-Virus opens loads of windows saying from being my computer are of sent emails 100s quot Your email message was unable to be sent because your mail server rejected the message Transaction failed Spam Message not sent quot and variations thereof I did a full system scan and Norton found nothing I ran SUPERAntiSpyware that found quite a few things mostly ads but the problem still occurs Most people put HiJackThis logs up so I ve put mine below I hope someone can help me Thanks George Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP SSDK exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings george Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer 100s of emails are being sent from my computer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su 100s of emails are being sent from my computer http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo UK amp Ireland R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D 100s of emails are being sent from my computer - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO MorpheusToolbar BHO - F A - A - be- AF -D C D FB F - C Program Files MorpheusBar bar bin MORPHBAR DLL O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar Morpheus Toolbar - F A - A - be- AF -D C D FB F - C Program Files MorpheusBar bar bin MORPHBAR DLL O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXE O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS system ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run YOP C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe autostart O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C PROGRA Symantec osCheck exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Skype quot C Program... Read more

A:100s of emails are being sent from my computer

Hi Guys, Just for your information. After trying Combofix.exe a couple of times, the problem went away completly..... Magic!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100s-of-emails-are-being-sent-from-my-computer.652588/
Relevancy 39.99%

I can't find any way to disable the tap to click feature on my touch pad.  I prefer to use the buttons, and I find that I often end up "clicking" when I'm simply trying to move the mouse cursor.  The drive seems to be a generic microsoft HID driver with very little in the way of touchpad feature selection.

A:Disable tap to click 100s

Dear rdsteed,

Welcome in lenovo community,

If the touchpad driver is not installed, you will not have the option to disable the tapping function, So first kindly install the driver,

For windows 7

For windows 8.1

For windows 10

Then go to Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Mouse >> Choose Synaptics from the Upper tabs >> Settings >> Uncheck Tap to click.

Regards,
Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Disable-tap-to-click-100s/td-p/2217004
Relevancy 39.99%

in win10, time is lagging by 15 min. Tried almost everthing in Win to remedy...

A:Ideapad 100S time lag

Hi Sean,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Could you please be specific on the issue.Does time lagging refers to what? Slow booting or time delayed to execute commands or time taken to open any folder.. etc ?

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that Kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100S-time-lag/td-p/3305116
Relevancy 39.99%

:knock: I am looking for the drivers for this external drive unit. I picked it up second hand and have no info on it. The company that made it say it was last produced in 1999 and the no longer have any drivers,manuals or support for it. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. I already tried "DriveGuide" to no avail.

A:GCC Technologies UltraDrive 100s

Try this site: http://www.drivershq.com/
Use Internet Explorer. Make sure that drive is connected to your PC.
Click on the Driver Detective, it will load an ActiveX app to check your hardware.

I think though that this particular drive was meant for a Macintosh computer, not for a PC.
You could try and get a PC-case for it, or take the HD out and use it internally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gcc-technologies-ultradrive-100s.24453/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have two Win rebuilds to do One has updates incl Office The other a from scratch SP install more or less I have had problems in the past with WU trying to do best Win what of 7 up Rebuild the 100s+? to WU's on catch is way any more than - maybe WU at a time on a good day Should I proceed in ascending KB order Or Rebuild of Win 7 what is the best way to catch up on WU's 100s+? most recent first Or in batches by Windows Product Win security MSE Office Critical Important Recommended etc Is WU smart enough to work-around dependencies Finally I have no idea how this particular anomaly happened but on my working-day HP laptop My ntdll dll went backwards from Version to MS Support Tech couldn't explain this either Even more curiously he went off to research it chat session and then came back with a whole different story line WUs are encrypted they are UN-examinable EXE files etc What MS does have a cross-ref in their DB about which files change with which KB Something fishy going on here I had a bunch of system files change around Oct en masse - same creation time stamp My WU is set to NOT auto-install so several KBs could be involved but I can't find out which one exactly I can see quot package quot references in the registry and in winsxs that show these files related somehow but I am not an expert at deciphering what happened Can anybody shed light on version quot reverting quot of c windows Rebuild of Win 7 what is the best way to catch up on WU's 100s+? SysWOW ntdll dll and similar files In addition to above quot best way forward quot It can take longer to do completion WU than an original install Some of these WU batches take minutes Watching paint dry Is this normal Thanks in advance ----JCN

A:Rebuild of Win 7 what is the best way to catch up on WU's 100s+?

Yep, the updates could take an hour totally normal, hide the updates you don`t want, then let it start.

You should be able to start the update installs ( all of them ) then walk away from the machine.

Install Microsoft Security Essentials last, it will stop the updates, because it needs your input. So uncheck it.

Then install it on your second round of updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/325180-rebuild-win-7-what-best-way-catch-up-wus-100s.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I am facing issues with my new ideapad 100s spacebar key.Pressing the sides of the long spacebar key does not trigger a "space". I have to press hard in the center of the spacebar to get a "space". Is this a design issue or my spacebar techincal issue?Do you face the same problem? It makes my typing very difficult.

A:Ideapad 100S Spacebar Key

Hi!I just now identified the same problem. (Idepad 100S white 32GB)Please let me know if you find any solution. Regards,Bálint

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100S-Spacebar-Key/td-p/3283818
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi. Yesterday while i was typing my screen went all white then i held the power button for 5 seconds to turn it off. When i tried to open it again, it just won't turn on. The power button lit up but the screen won't turn on. Please help. Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-won-t-open/td-p/3473665
Relevancy 39.99%

i bought second hand ideapad 100s now i waz trying to reinstall os which was windows 10 now a deleted partition now if says no bootable media it doesnt even detect the memory stick with os also it doesnt even give me the option to set the bios to legasy

help plz

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/69776-ideapad-100s-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

After Windows 10 aniversary update, cant turn off IdeaPad 100s. Windows Icon, press turn off. Screen goes off after while, but the white LED is still on. Next day battery is empty. Charge battery Turn on and off. Same story. Have to press on/off button for few seconds so the LED goes off. How is it possible that I cant turn off this laptop after Windows 10 Aniversary update. Should I restore it or what should I do. Because I dont want to turn off everytime by pressing on/off button for few seconds. As I can see, Im not the only person with this issue. And please dont teal me to take out the battery ?

A:Lenovo IdeaPad 100s

I have recently purchased following Model - (Lenovo Ideapad 100 Core i3 - (4 GB/500 GB HDD/DOS) 80QQ001XIH IP 100- 15IBD Notebook), Its camera is not working, I hv tried camera drivers but not working, can anyone help me out.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100s/td-p/3476010
Relevancy 39.99%

Bought my wife this computer for Christmas.  Apparently Dell has combined the power indicator light/hard drive activity light/ and battery status light into one single light on the front edge of computer.  My concern is that the light only comes on briefly when I first plug  in the power supply, then it goes out  and never lights again.  Even when the hard drive is writing or reading the light doesn't come on to show activity.  Is this normal?  I'm concerned as this is one way I've used to determine if things are happening on my computer as they should be.  If  the light is not designed to show hard drive activity when it occurs, what use is it?

A:Inspiron 5759 power/hard drive/battery light not working?

If you haven't found the answer to your question then this should help you.
Hold down the "Fn" key which is in between the Ctrl & Windows Key then press the "H" key.  This action will be required each time you re-boot the computer.

Don

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19669037
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All,

my 2 yr old U920t laptop/tablet satellite ultrabook has poor battery life. The battery will only last a maximum of 2 hrs before requiring recharging under normal word doc/excel data entry.

Any ideas on how i can improve it?

The Toshiba pc health monitor function continually informs me that I need to replace the battery due to normal wear and tear but I thought the battery being an 'internal' item means it cant be replaced?

If anyone can offer some advice that would be great!

A:Satellite U920T - short battery working time after 2 years of usage

Hi

In my opinion there is no some kind of ?rule? or ?norm? about battery life in general. On some machines battery hold capacity for longer period of time comparing it with other notebook models.
Fact is that over time battery will lose the capacity and result will be shorter working hours.

You can try to increase working hours changing some power options and shutting off some useless background processes.
Many newer notebook models have newer design where battery cannot be removed so simply and it is placed under the bottom cover but it can be replaced too. One day when you need new one contact nearest Toshiba service provider and they can replace it for you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81402-Satellite-U920T-short-battery-working-time-after-2-years-of-usage
Relevancy 39.56%

After Download via Windows Update needs about 30mins for 1% to complete on "Working on updates X % Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while." How much is a while? Any experience how long it can take to finish Update?

A:Win 10 Annyversary Update on ideapad 100s

csrp wrote:After Download via Windows Update needs about 30mins for 1% to complete on "Working on updates X % Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while."   How much is a while? Any experience how long it can take to finish Update?My Ideapad 500-15ISK received the Anniversary Update recently.  Unfortunately, I did not time it.  But the download took a long time (over an hour I think, at 16 Mbits/sec), and then the update took a long time (again over an hour I think; it could have been as much as two hours). The confusing aspect is that the "% complete" figure does not increase linearly.  It stays fixed for some time, then increases a lot, then stays fixed again... -- from CyberSimian in the UK

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Win-10-Annyversary-Update-on-ideapad-100s/td-p/3435372
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I am trying to reset/restore my Ideapad 100s-11IBY but am running into issues. The process stops at around 40% and tell's me "there was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." I've used this function several times on my desktop PC's and have never run into any issues. Perhaps a corrupted recovery partion? I know there's ways of doing a fresh install, but I'm worried I would lose my OEM activation, and have to pay for a new Windows license. Also, I'd prefer to keep the recovery partition intact if possible. If anyone has any experience with this error or can offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you,Greg

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-11IBY-quot-there-was-a-problem-resetting-your-pc/td-p/3473745
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello, I am trying to reset/restore my Ideapad 100s-11IBY but am running into issues. The process stops at around 40% and tell's me "there was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." I've used this function several times on my desktop PC's and have never run into any issues. Perhaps a corrupted recovery partion? I know there's ways of doing a fresh install, but I'm worried I would lose my OEM activation, and have to pay for a new Windows license. Also, I'd prefer to keep the recovery partition intact if possible. If anyone has any experience with this error or can offer some advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you,Greg

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-quot-there-was-a-problem-resetting-your-pc-quot/td-p/3473745
Relevancy 39.56%

I shut down my lenovo 100S 11IBY and after some hours i took it and it is not turning on im pressing power button but no power light appears and it is not turnong screen is all black. No charger issue. Any one know the solution ??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-ideapad-100S-is-not-turning-on/td-p/3380201
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a question.My Ideapad 100s has just came back from repair.When it came back, I noticed a light shines through, from the inside of the computer. This is only visible in the dark.Before the repair, I have used it in the dark before, but I never noticed a light. I just want to know if this is a normal thing or if they did something wrong.I have had it for less than two months.

20160808_214524.jpg ?278 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-weird-light/td-p/3390067
Relevancy 39.56%

Sometime over the past couple of weeks I started having a number of files on my C drive which would OPEN!!! FILES 100s WONT of not open I wrote another forum and got some advice and did some studying and for some I was able to take back permissions and found what looked like a phony user account hidden way down in Documents and Settings Today I found close to of my files would not display of the types htm and html jpg png and doc files I went to check permissions and the security tab was 100s of FILES WONT OPEN!!! not under Properties I have tried everything I have re-installed Windows I have run every virus and adware and spyware scan and repair known and have constantly cleaned the registry and used HiJack this which did show two programs called Voodoo and Banshee which were not mine I have to get back into these files if at all possible While I have copies of many I need my earlier dates on the files because I am afraid someone may be blocking access through hacking or some other seditious maneuver Many of my files are appearing in green text some in blue and more in black The black are more likely to open I cannot as of today get to Security to take back ownership and there is not supposed to be anyone else on my computer which is located at a home office We connect to comcast through broadband and hook up computers which are not on 100s of FILES WONT OPEN!!! a lan but operate independently How can I get these files back What is auditing I have a png of what the files look like but when you click on them a blank screen appears or a msg saying something about permission or other nbsp

A:100s of FILES WONT OPEN!!!

To download HJTsetup.exe To Download HijackThis go to the following: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item5
Filename = 1137518044HJTsetup.exe
Save the file to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\HijackThis.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialog boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialog.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialog box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
At the top of the Notepad HJT log screen, hit Edit then Select All then click Edit and then click Copy doing that copies the text to the clipboard, you won't see it yet....
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

A security expert should take a look at your log - please be patient.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100s-of-files-wont-open.503261/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'd like to know if the Ideapad 100s 11BY can drive a second monitor using the hdmi port.  More specifically if I add a monitor will I be able to have two screens (the laptop's screen and the monitor) or does it only mirror the laptop's screen?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Ideapad-100s-11-BY-second-monitor-capable/td-p/3392149