Windows Support Forum

Y580 LCD Replacement - What screens will work?

Q: Y580 LCD Replacement - What screens will work?

I'm replacing the screen on my Y580 and I was wondering which LCDs I can use. I used the part number N156HGE-LA1 to search for new screens, but I found out that screen model is used in other laptops besides Y580 (such as HPs). That made me doubt whether it would work in my laptop or not. So then I tried another number from the screen: 209945U That one seems to be exclusive to the Y580. I found that screen for sale, but it's more expensive. Will the N156HGE-LA1 screen work for me even though Amazon is saying it's for a different laptop, or will I have to use the 209945U screen instead? Also, is there a certain brand someone could direct me to which makes this screen and you know is good quality? Thanks so much. - Brian

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-LCD-Replacement-What-screens-will-work/td-p/3426838
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Y580 LCD Replacement - What screens will work?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Y580 with a failing mSATA (SAMSUNG MZMPC032HBCD 000L1) as included in the orginal purchase from Lenovo's website.  I need a list of suitable replacements that will work in the same cache enabled state as the original mSATA.  I know that the Y580 BIOS is finicky about what brand/device is used and want to purchase something that will work with Intels Rapid Storage Technology for fast performance.  I have been looking at the Kingston MS200 120GB mSATA and know it will fit, but dont know if it will properly boot for fast caching.  Please advise on mSATA devices known to work properly.  Thank you very much.

A:Y580 mSATA replacement options

bwagner790 wrote:I have a Y580 with a failing mSATA (SAMSUNG MZMPC032HBCD 000L1) as included in the orginal purchase from Lenovo's website.  I need a list of suitable replacements that will work in the same cache enabled state as the original mSATA.  I know that the Y580 BIOS is finicky about what brand/device is used and want to purchase something that will work with Intels Rapid Storage Technology for fast performance.  I have been looking at the Kingston MS200 120GB mSATA and know it will fit, but dont know if it will properly boot for fast caching.  Please advise on mSATA devices known to work properly.  Thank you very much.Refer to the hardware maintenance manual for the specs of the replacement cache ssd and also on how to access it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-mSATA-replacement-options/td-p/2261771
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all- can anyone recommend a website (better if in Canada) that sells replacement screens for notebook computers. I need one fast- hopefully one that offers express shipping.

Thank you

A:notebook screens replacement

One place I have seen some here recommend (however, I have never had to use them) is www.geeks.com.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-screens-replacement.948575/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everybody Blue Motherboard Replacement screens? causing I recently had to send my HP Spectre x inch laptop in Replacement Motherboard causing Blue screens? for repairs as it would no longer charge the battery or draw any power from the wall I got the laptop back with a notice that the motherboard had been replaced It now charges which is great Unfortunately nbsp Replacement Motherboard causing Blue screens? the laptop now bluescreens on me on a regular basis which is obviously not ideal There seem to be multiple causes as the driver that failed has been different several times I've scanned for malware and haven't found anything so I believe this has something to do with the new motherboard nbsp nbsp So far the laptop has had no problem recovering After a bluescreen it restarts as if I had just turned the computer on and seems to run normally But usually less than an hour later it will bluesceen again It does not seem to be related to anything I'm doing on the laptop as it has done it several times when no applications have been running nbsp Any help would be appreciated nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-Motherboard-causing-Blue-screens/td-p/5817840
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi i ve had a slew of problems with my new computer -i get blue screened and it says a warning message that isn t the same from the previous windows you know hwo it normally said your system has become unstable and black screens screens Solved: blue green screens what not this message says that there was an error and windows is shutting itself down to prevent further damage -i get black screened iduno if thats the term but what happens is i ll Solved: blue screens black screens green screens be working on some files and then out of nowhere my monitor goes black the computer and monitor stay on but the monitor goes into some sort Solved: blue screens black screens green screens of standby mode thing where the power light flashes -i also ocassionally Solved: blue screens black screens green screens have trouble rebooting one of my other computers and whenever it gives me a problem the screen goes black and there s a green line that goes across the top of the monitor iv e tried spy ware removing programs anti viruses fire walls none of them seem to be working any help would be greatly apprecieated nbsp

A:Solved: blue screens black screens green screens

The issues sound a bit like a hardware failure, the blue STOP screen could be hardware or software.

The Black screen sounds like the PC has died, but the power supply continues to run. This could well be hardware.

Both issues could be something like overheating of the CPU (are all fans running, is the CPU fan dust clogged - shouldnt be if it's "new")?

If it's "new" and under warranty, take it back.

It would have helped to know if it was a desktop or laptop though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blue-screens-black-screens-green-screens.436776/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I'm trying to fix some problems with my Windows Vista Repair Disc. However, none of the menus will stay up for more than 1 or 2 seconds at a time. When the Disc repair starts, it shows the repair starting and then screen goes black.

Same thing happens with any shorcut I type (F8, F2, F12, etc...) Even when I try to start in Safe Mode or get to the BIOS screen, I get the screen for 2 seconds max and all goes black (or moves onto the next step to eventually turn black altogether)

I cannot run the Vista repair disc without seeing what is going on. Any ideas on how I can make the screen last longer???

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I am working on an Acer Aspire 5732z. The track pad and buttons stopped working, so I uninstalled it and re-installed it again, same fault. I then replaced the cable, still the same, and then finally change the palmrest, but it still won't work!!! I am able to use usb mouse (of course), does this mean it's the board???

A:Trackpad won't work after replacement!!!

Hi,

Please do this and let me know.

1. Press the Fn key and keep it pressed.
2. Then press F7 key once and see if trackpad starts or not.

Fn + F7 is used to toggle to turn on/off the trackpad

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289050-trackpad-wont-work-after-replacement.html
Relevancy 48.16%

ok so i had a samsung laptop die, so i removed my SSD, sent laptop back recieved the replacement.
i put my SSD in the laptop but it will not read my SSD at all, it just goes straight to bios.
same laptop so everything should work since the drivers will be for the same hardware..

I hooked up my SSD as a external to another pc which reads it fine so SSD is fine, not sure why it wont boot with the SSD? or read it.

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

A:How do i get my SSD to work in my replacement laptop?

Quote: Originally Posted by skuzzzzy

ok so i had a samsung laptop die, so i removed my SSD, sent laptop back recieved the replacement.
i put my SSD in the laptop but it will not read my SSD at all, it just goes straight to bios.
same laptop so everything should work since the drivers will be for the same hardware..

I hooked up my SSD as a external to another pc which reads it fine so SSD is fine, not sure why it wont boot with the SSD? or read it.

SAMSUNG Series 3 NP350V5C-T02US
SAMSUNG 840 Series MZ-7TD250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

You didn't boot the other PC I am guessing. = The SSD has different drivers than is required in the replacement PC. This tutorial should get your PC going again. Windows 7 Installation - Transfer to a New Computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/327109-how-do-i-get-my-ssd-work-my-replacement-laptop.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop. It would fail memory tests. I replaced the memory still got memtest errors, the CPU is an SL6VU. I then got replacement cpus when I put a faster cpu 2.6 ghz SL6VV instead of 2.4. It works but the bios stops and warns that it can't identify the CPU, If you hit F1 the system continues to boot and seems to work fine. But when I get the exact cpu model H4316 SL6VU @2.4 ghz it will not boot at all (and I got 2 of them from used working systems), if I put the original CPU back in (that fails memtest) it will boot up.
Why do the identical CPU's not seem to work.

Relevancy 48.16%

I bought some replacement RAM yesterday being assured that it would work on my laptop I'll post all details at the end I just installed the new RAM booted up and the RAM wasn't recognized I tried Windows Startup Repair Tool a few time but that didn't load and neither obviously did quot Boot Windows normally quot I've now put the old RAM back in and booted up so I work Replacement RAM doesn't could get some answers before I try again What's my next step here Replacement RAM doesn't work in troubleshooting Memtest Use one old RAM stick and one new The only difference I can see between the two is the speed vs but I was assured that this was backwards compatible I've checked my BIOS and I don't have any options for memory management probably related to SONY not wanting people to overclock so I don't know how I could solve this if there was for example a difference in voltages between the two RAMs I would really appreciate some advice on this Cheers Details Windows Home Premium x SONY VAIO VPCEB S E Old RAM Kingston x GB Model SNY D S DR G From CPU-Z Quote Memory Type DDR Memory Size GBytes Channels Dual Symmetric Memory Frequency MHz CAS Replacement RAM doesn't work latency CL RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS Row Refresh Cycle Time tRFC Command Rate CR T MCHBAR I O Base address x FED MCHBAR I O Size New RAM Corsair ValueSelect x GB Model CMSO GX M A C From Corsair site Quote Memory Configuration Dual Channel Memory Type DDR Package Memory Format SODIMM Package Memory Pin Memory Size GB Kit x GB SPD Latency - - - SPD Speed MHz SPD Voltage Speed Rating PC - MHz Tested Latency - - - Tested Speed Mhz Tested Voltage

A:Replacement RAM doesn't work

As near as I can tell from searching the web, the RAM sticks use the same voltage, and the lappy is OK to use up to 8 GB of memory.

The only things that I can think of are:

1. The laptop just doesn't like that Corsair memory for some reason.
2. The laptop is expecting RAM with tighter timings. The Kingston RAM runs at 1066 MHz at 7-7-7-20. The Corsair RAM may not be able to boot at those timings for that speed, therefore it goes unrecognized by the computer.

#2 is a long-shot, but it's plausible, and it's really the only reason that I can think of.

There really isn't a lot you can do to test this. You could try one stick at a time of the new RAM and see if it boots, just in case one stick is faulty and is causing a failure of both sticks. But if the RAM isn't recognized, there isn't much you can do, seeing how you have limited BIOS options.

Is it possible to get your money back, or trade for a different set of RAM sticks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341026-replacement-ram-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 48.16%

VLC and Chrome, among other programs, work fine in my virtual machine when I use extended screens (I use 3 screens). VLC and Chrome can not maintain an image on my host when I use an extended screen. Since, I know it is possible for those programs to use the extended screens I'm guessing there must be a setting on my host machine that is causing the problem, but I have no idea about what setting needs to be changed.

It seems significant to me that everything worked fine until I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium on my Host (HP Envy Laptop). I reinstalled the same software, but there have been updates to software, so I'm thinking some software update must have made the change. The VM image was saved so I simply moved the file back onto the host so that image didn't change.

I use MS Security Essentials.

Would appreciate help.

A:Programs Don't Work on Extended Screens

I don't know if I can help but I do know in order for members to help they will need to know your (complete)
system specs.

These two tutorials should help you do your system specs.

By Brink:
System Info - See Your System Specs

By Kari:
Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs

Don't forget to add your power supply and security programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356381-programs-dont-work-extended-screens.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello HP Support, I have a question: can I work with two screens (Extend these displays) if I use my HDMI port and the HP USB-C to HDMI  http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/merch/Product.aspx?id=X0M58EA&opt=ABH&sel=NTB and http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/merch/Product.aspx?id=N9K78AA&opt=AC3&sel=ACC I hope to be hearing from you soon. Tom Zeegers 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/can-I-work-with-two-screens-Extend-these-displays-if-I-use/td-p/5815523
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all
I have just noticed that my keyboard doesn't work on certain screens. Specifically the system restore screen where I have to label the restore point. I cant type anything in. I don't get the blinking cursor in the input box. I get the italic I cursor when I put the arrow cursor in the box but when I left click to anchor the cursor and start typing nothing happens. So maybe a mouse problem too. I noticed it in a software registration window too. Running windows xp sp3. microsoft usb keyboard and a wireless logitech mouse
Thanks for any help

A:Keyboard doesn't work on certain screens

Change batteries?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-doesnt-work-on-certain-screens.187413/
Relevancy 48.16%

Heading home for Christmas break I got a plane ticket instead of driving Since it was my first time flying with my PC I was very careful to make sure it was completely safe as baggage I found a sturdy box wrapped it in a ton of towels then surrounded it with layers of clothes so it was secure After setting it up with my monitors from home and turning my PC on the screens won t display anything When they are unplugged they say quot No DVI-D cable quot They are just black when plugged in I triple checked to make sure everything is plugged in Black don't Screens/monitors work The monitors are receiving power my PC is turned on correctly and I unplugged the keyboard mouse and speakers to see if that was the problem Anyone know what is causing this I should have clarified everything on the PC seems to be running smoothly The fans turn on and all the lights start up as they usually do nbsp

A:Black Screens/monitors don't work

You using a graphics card on onboard video?? If graphics card, pull it and try onboard. If nothing unplug system from power, pull CMOS battery hold power button 15 seconds. Replug power cable try to boot....?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screens-monitors-dont-work.1162039/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there!

I've installed 4x Corsair DDR3 2GB memory modules. However, the computer will not start up now (it gives two beeps). 
Does anybody know what the problem could be?
Thanks in advance :) 
- Jane

A:Memory replacement for Inspiron 560 does not work

Hi DJEEN87,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
2 beeps indicate that the system is not able to detect the RAM's.
Please try one memory module at a time on different slots and check if the system responds.
Please try to run the on-board diagnostics, <F12> and check if you receive any error. 
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id, along with the result from the above step.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682208
Relevancy 47.3%

I work for a large company and seem to be at my end since nobody can help. Continually getting BSODs at various times. The issue is that the company has replaced the machine 6 times now and it's happening on every machine, when it's unplugged and usually on wifi or an internal broadband card connection. Thoughts? Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop, W7 X64, Intel I7 2.1GHz

A:Work Laptop - 6 replacement machines, still getting BSOD

Hi dminvestors, Welcome to Sevenforums! If you are not in IT I would suggest you ask them about this issue. If you are IT, please provide the required information.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and post the required information
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Also fill out your full system specs.
System Info - See Your System Specs

Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363900-work-laptop-6-replacement-machines-still-getting-bsod.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I posted here a few weeks ago after my retail copy of Windows Pro stolen out of my car but this occurred after will CD & install: replacement key stolen work? CD after Win7 I had already had the software sucessfully installed an I called Microsoft and explained my situation I was advised to contact Win7 CD & key stolen after install: will replacement CD work? Microsoft which I did I was referred to the quot parts quot department and I was asked for my product ID which I provided He verified it and said everything seems to be fine I asked if the thief would be able to install Windows using my CD amp key thereby Win7 CD & key stolen after install: will replacement CD work? degenuinating my original install which sofar is fine and he reluctantly said it would not He then offered me a replacement disk for I said okay So I get the replacement Windows CD in the mail which has a new digit product key with it but it says quot requires original purchase of Windows quot When it comes time to reinstall Windows on the computer which I will probably do in a year or so will I be able to use this replacement CD That is assuming my software does not become degenuinated by the thief when he she installs Windows which I still haven't got a straight answer from anyone on whether or not that will happen Thanks for any advice Dave

A:Win7 CD & key stolen after install: will replacement CD work?

Any disk will work as long as you have the genuine product key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/145100-win7-cd-key-stolen-after-install-will-replacement-cd-work.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi. I have a Toshiba laptop. Need to reinstall Windows 7 Pro from scratch. I lost the original CD/DVD but can buy a new one from Toshiba, but they say they send Windows 7 Professional EN. The product key label I have (it is legitimate and real) says Windows 7 Pro CA, which I guess is Canada. Does anyone know if my key will work with EN, or will my key only work with CA? Thank you.

A:Will Windows 7 Pro CA Product Key work with Win 7 EN replacement disc?

Yes, it will be fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304549-will-windows-7-pro-ca-product-key-work-win-7-en-replacement-disc.html
Relevancy 47.3%

http I I forums techguy org hardware -extremely-loud-fan-crazy-temperature html I m beginning with this link because it is related to this previous issue Its still the same computer with the same general problems However I discovered that by ensuring white screens, of screens, black screens... nowhere! out blue that windows media player was constantly playing music the computer operates fast and smoothly for as long as I need it to sometimes longer white screens, black screens, blue screens... out of nowhere! than hours albeit with the fan running full speed and flooding the house with its noise All has been well until the other day I needed to burn some cds and reconnected the cdrom Since then its been subject to occasional freezes mostly when left to sit when I leave the house on a whim I ve noticed that I sometimes return to a black screen but erroneously attributed it to my white screens, black screens, blue screens... out of nowhere! computers failed attempts to hibernate even though that option is disabled Anyway its been working wonderfully anyway when I ve needed to use it However today I was doing a little basic browsing only about three tabs open of an automotive website I frequently read The screen randomly went all white while loading a page and the computer froze up My only option when it does that is to do a hard restart so I did I decided to disconnect my cdrom again The computer then booted up normally showed my desktop and loaded all icons and everything but before everything was up and running the whole screen went black and it froze Then I got this computers very first quot blue screen of death quot which cited critical hardware failure It didn t stay up long enough for me to read it and went back to the initial gateway boot screen I then turned it off out of fear Sorry this is so long but I feel like details results I haven t downloaded anything in a while I m pretty positive I m free of malware this literally happened out of nowhere Could someone please help me figure out what to do next This poor thing is on its last leg but its all I have at the moment besides my android Thanks nbsp

A:white screens, black screens, blue screens... out of nowhere!

OK, I have read you last thread and sounds like you made some progress.

Lets see the details of the Blue Screen, follow this guide to attach it to your next post.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in Windows Explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.
Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).
NOTE To zip up a file in Windows (all versions). Right-click the file or folder, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder and save it to your desktop.
Open Windows Explorer, click on Desktop in the left column so you can see the zip file. In the left column click on C: > Windows > Minidump and then drag & drop any additional .dmp files into the zip folder.

&#8226; Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
&#8226; Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
&#8226; Now click on the Upload button. When done, click on the Close this window button at the bottom of the page.
&#8226; Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.Click to expand...

Just re-posting the link for your last thread as you didn't post it correctly: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1013195-extremely-loud-fan-crazy-temperature.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/white-screens-black-screens-blue-screens-out-of-nowhere.1037842/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi my internet problem is that my sister was online one time with out the virus busters on and downloaded a virus that when my virus buster deleted it it stoped everyone on the computer being able to Internet work other wont users screens on explorer bowse the net My virus busters cant connect to the net to update But every other connection works it says ots connected in the botom corner and when me Internet explorer wont work on other users screens and my brother play our game online it works We just cant browse the net it also comes up with this messege saying error loading dll the specified module could not be found but for some unknown reason that only comes up on Internet explorer wont work on other users screens mine and my brothers screen and not my sisters i think thats because it was on her screen that the virus originated from my computer specs are Windows XP Home Edtion Internet Explorer Service Pack Pentiun R CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM my ISP is westnet i dont know what upsteam downstream means let alone what my expected up downstream is My modem is iConnectAccess ADSL supplyed by open networks Pty ltd F W VER R - OPEN-GDMT My router is ASUS wireless router model name WL- GC M Hi-Speed My connection is corded Thanks RandomPinkPie

A:Internet explorer wont work on other users screens

Hello and welcome. Please go here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-wont-work-on-other-users-screens-370820.html
Relevancy 46.87%

The existing batter will no longer charge. It is a Li-ion PA3191U-5BRS - 10.8V 4700 mAh. I have an almost new replacement battery for my earlier Portege with idenitcal fittings but with 10.8V 4600mAh. It is not a Toshiba model and states that it is to replace PA3176U-2BRS. Can I use it in my M700 without risk of damage or reduced performance?

A:Portege M700 - Battery replacement - will alternative work?

Hello

To be honest I doubt that it will work because the specifications are different.
In your case I wouldn?t try it, in worst case you destroy the computer.

It would be better if you buy a new battery with the exact specifications. Authorized service provider in your country can make you an offer for this.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?58433-Portege-M700-Battery-replacement-will-alternative-work
Relevancy 46.87%

I replaced a Netgear router with a similar Netgear router, but the LAN is no longer working.

The old Netgear router would drop internet, but LAN would work. Replaced it, the new Netgear router works fine with the internet (cable modem), but the LAN with two computers will not work. The desktop with Windows XP, and a laptop with Windows 7. After runing network setups on both computers several times, I have been unable to reestablish the LAN, however internet access via the router is working.

Reinstalled the old router and the LAN works fine, allowing file and printer sharing.

Old router is a Netgear WGR614v2, new router is a Netgear WNR2000

Any ideas on how to reconfigure the router/computers to get the LAN working again with new router. Netgear Tech support will not help, without a fee that costs more than the router, because it is a LAN file and printer sharing problem.

Relevancy 46.01%

DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Brian Bronfeld at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT and work Google search Virus screens properly does not opens ads, random - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv Virus opens random screens and ads, Google search does not work properly exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exe C Windows system rundll Virus opens random screens and ads, Google search does not work properly exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files x Wajam Updater WajamUpdater exe C Program Files Common Files Virus opens random screens and ads, Google search does not work properly Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C ProgramData BetterSoft EasylifeGadget Updater EasylifeGadget Updater exe C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect ISUSPM exe C Program Files x AIM aim exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Smartbar Application QuickShare exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Windows System calc exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x AVG SafeGuard toolbar vprot exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Brian Bronfeld AppData Local Google... Read more

A:Virus opens random screens and ads, Google search does not work properly

Hello bbronfeld I would like to welcome you to the Malware Removal section of the forum.Around here they call me Gringo and I will be glad to help you with your malware problems.Very Important --> Please read this post completely, I have spent my time to put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier, faster and smoother for both of us!Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the "Follow This Topic" Button, make sure that the "Receive notification" box is checked and that it is set to "Instantly" - This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with one of these just skip it and move on to the next one.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.-Junkware-Removal-Tool-Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.When they are complete let me have the two reports and let me know how things are running.Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498418/virus-opens-random-screens-and-ads-google-search-does-not-work-properly/
Relevancy 44.72%

So reccently i have tried to restore my lenova y to its factory settings because of PLEASE y580 HELP Lenova all the junk and stuff i have put into it The thing is when i tried it came up with this message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem then a bunch of useless things came up because i cant even start up my laptop Status xc Info A required device isnt connect or cant be accesed Now every time i tried to start it up normaly a new thing came up saying A required device isnt connect or cant be accesesed Error code xc Please someone help me Specs DESCRIPTION IDEAPAD Y LAPTOP CPU Chipset rd Generation Intel Core i - QM GHz MB Cache Operating System Windows Memory GB DDR Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB with DirectX Dimensions x x Camera MP HD webcam Display LED backlit HD display x Weight lb I O Ports USB ports USB ports -in- card reader SD SD-Pro PLEASE HELP Lenova y580 MMD MS MS-Pro XD Headphone jack Mic jack S PDIF VGA port HDMI port mini PCle RJ- Storage HDD GB rpm Wireless Connectivity Intel Centrino Wireless-N BGN M Ethernet LAN Bluetooth Keyboard Backlit AccuType keyboard Battery Life Up to hours -cell battery Durability Features Real metal shell Security Features OneKey Rescue System VeriFace face-recognition software Software Offerings PRELOADED APPLICATIONS Adobe Reader Amazon Cyberlink YouCam Energy Management Google Chrome Ifliter Intelligent Touchpad PLEASE HELP Lenova y580 Intel Wireless Display supported Kingsoft Dictionary Kingsoft Office Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer Lenovo ReadyComm McAfee VirusScan Plus OneKey Recovery OneKey Theater ooVoo Poketalk PowerDVD Power Go Microsoft Office requires purchase of product key for activation VeriFace

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511011/please-help-lenova-y580/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, so this problem only came in recently but after I try to update windows 10 on my Y580 and tried to power it up the system would not boot. It seems the laptop is running and the keyboard lights are on but the screen itself remains off or black. The first time it has happen I have been able to use the "remove battery" method to where I remove it and re-insert it back in, this has work the first time when I had this issue but when I had to update windows 10 again the issue returned and I have tried the "remove battery" method but to no avail. I was hoping to get some clarity with this issue, thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Will-not-boot/td-p/3438406
Relevancy 44.72%

So reccently i have tried to restore my lenova y to its factory settings because of all the junk and stuff i have put Lenova HELP PLEASE y580 ME into it The thing is when i tried PLEASE HELP ME Lenova y580 it came up with this message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem then a bunch of useless things came up because i cant even start up my laptop Status xc Info A required device isnt connect or cant be accesed Now every time i tried to start it up normaly a new thing came up saying A required device isnt connect or cant be accesesed Error code xc Please someone help me Specs PLEASE HELP ME Lenova y580 DESCRIPTION IDEAPAD Y LAPTOP CPU Chipset rd Generation Intel Core i - QM GHz MB Cache Operating System Windows Memory GB DDR Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB with DirectX Dimensions quot x quot x quot Camera MP HD webcam Display PLEASE HELP ME Lenova y580 quot LED backlit HD display x Weight lb I O Ports USB ports USB ports -in- card reader SD SD-Pro MMD MS MS-Pro XD Headphone jackMic jackS PDIF VGA port HDMI port mini PCleRJ- Storage HDD GB rpm Wireless Connectivity Intel Centrino Wireless-N BGN M Ethernet LANBluetooth Keyboard Backlit AccuType keyboard Battery Life Up to hours -cell battery Durability Features Real metal shell Security Features OneKey Rescue SystemVeriFace face-recognition software Software OfferingsPRELOADED APPLICATIONS Adobe ReaderAmazonCyberlink YouCamEnergy ManagementGoogle ChromeIfliterIntelligent TouchpadIntel Wireless Display supportedKingsoft DictionaryKingsoft OfficeLenovo EE Boot OptimizerLenovo ReadyCommMcAfee VirusScan PlusOneKey RecoveryOneKey TheaterooVooPoketalkPowerDVDPower GoMicrosoft Office requires purchase of product key for activation VeriFace

A:PLEASE HELP ME Lenova y580

How did you try to do the restoral? Did you attempt it via the One-Key Recovery button or did you use the factory restore discs that you created when you received the initial notification during setup?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32996-please-help-me-lenova-y580.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Y580 Fan Malfunction all first post here so bear with me nbsp I've had this Y for a few years now and it's been functioning rather nicely throughout just with consistently Y580 Fan Malfunction high temperatures A few days ago the performance Y580 Fan Malfunction abruptly dropped considerably and so I checked my temperatures They were absolutely ridiculous even for what this thing averages I was doing around degrees on the GPU and it was eternally downclocking to MHz nbsp I thought it was just a cooling issue at first and tried everything but then when playing around in Energy Management I noticed something really strange If I hit the dust removal button the fan wouldn't change in sound at all In fact I could barely hear the fan I opened up the back cover and inspected the fan While it was running it was running at a ridiculously low speed and would not speed up no matter what I was doing nbsp This is a serious issue have any of you encountered this before Anyone have good suggestions for how I should go about dealing with this nbsp nbsp

A:Y580 Fan Malfunction

Hi ThunderBIrd2678 ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Manual cleaning using compressed air can , checking the gears itself if there are strands slowing it down and reapplying thermal paste ensuring contacts are good as initial step.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the energy manager tool from the support site  under power management can help.

Since fan system is still mechanical in nature, as wear and tear may now be affecting its performance, you may decide on replacing it if you have neccessary tools and skills using the manual (page 58) as guide.
Thermal module with fan in item 11 page 78 FRU number as compared the parts look up for the part number .

Hope this helps answering your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Fan-Malfunction/td-p/3342360
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,i need your help to figure out how to repair my Y580,first of a video of my problem: gif of broken displayIt happens with the start of the laptop and sometimes gets better for a few seconds.The angle of the display doesnt seem to have an influence on the problem. Do I have to replace the whole display or could it be a smaller malfunctioning part?And where can i find a serial number for a proper replacement part? Thanks in advance!  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-display-broken/td-p/3321479
Relevancy 44.29%

Y580, Win10 I just purchased a used Y580 cheap because it has non-functional USB 3.0 ports. The USB 2.0 port works fine.When I plug in a USB cable, it doesn't register anything, as if there's no power to the ports. Which leads me to believe it's not a driver issue...but I could be wrong about that. My thought was that the controller on the motherboard might be bad, but I don't know much about laptops, honestly. I'm more of a desktop guy when it comes to hardware. I'm not even sure if the USB controller is onboard or a separate board in the laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this, or am I just out of luck? Thanks. - Brian

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-3-0-Ports-Not-Working-Y580/td-p/3457050
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm just curious if this kind if setup causes any issues. Did anyone try that?

A:Lenovo Y580 Windows 10 SSD + HDD. Did anybody try ...

I currently have m-sata ssd and sata hdd installed. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 via window's means, then from RTM to insiders build. Everything works fine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y580-Windows-10-SSD-HDD-Did-anybody-try-that/td-p/3303673
Relevancy 44.29%

First off I would like to say that I very much enjoyed my laptop right up until Y580 won't b... start disappointed. What up; can very last night I had the machine since early and it worked great best laptop for gaming I have ever used However I noticed that the last few months the battery cannot hold Y580 won't start up; very disappointed. What can b... a charge for menial tasks and the fan or gpu was making an odd noise under Y580 won't start up; very disappointed. What can b... load nbsp This began to bother me so I took it upon myself to do a battery gauge reset to see if maybe the battery was just mis calibrated After this I decided to check the fan and clean out any dust from the vents and inside the fan as I've noticed it having to work harder than normal under load and Temps have Y580 won't start up; very disappointed. What can b... been higher than normal nbsp I put everything back together put the motherboard back in and plugged everything back into the motherboard but now the laptop won't turn on What's weird is I have done this a few times before and the laptop has always been fine This has really bummed me out I really liked this laptop Now I don't have a computer to play games on or do anything I nbsp also rely on the laptop for school nbsp I am not sure what to do I am guessing that the problem lies in the motherboard and I know the laptop is out of warranty as I have had it awhile Any idea how much it would cost for a repair like this I am a poor college student and I don't know that I could even afford a repair let alone a new computer nbsp Why I am frustrated thing is about years ago I got a keyboard bezel replacement from Lenovo and sent in the defective one For some reason they thought it was a good idea to send me a keyboard bezel with the keyboard bolted shut to the bezel making it nearly impossible to open up the laptop as well as closing back up nbsp It is impossible to reattach the keyboard ribbons to the motherboard without letting my arms touch the motherboard because of how short the ribbons are It is very easy to rip a ribbon you've plugged in already out of its socket while trying to install another because I only have like inches of space to work with under the bezel nbsp It's possible my arms touching the motherboard caused damage or possibly the ribbon that is connected to the power button was damaged due to the explanation in the previous paragraph It could even be a power issue that was pre existing and has finally just completely taken effect nbsp As I said I have cleaned my gpu fans before and the laptop always worked just fine as cleaning is a necessity for gaming on this laptop--I've noticed around c difference in temp under load from removing dust buildup and this laptop already runs hot nbsp Its not so much that I am disapointed with Lenovo as I am frustrated with the situation especially concerning the keyboard bezel Lenovo has always had great customer service and this laptop has more than met my expectations nbsp Bottom line is I am not sure what to do now and I was hoping for some help or advice Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post I really appreciate anything you guys can do for me

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-won-t-start-up-very-disappointed-What-can-be-done/td-p/3317175
Relevancy 44.29%

I have an Ideapad Y with a gb SSD and a TB HDD I tried to - 7 Windows Restore Y580 upgrade to Windows but it failed so I had to do a clean install I'm trying to go back to Windows since Windows is somewhat glitchy on my computer I already updated all the drivers Since it was a clean install I don't have the Go Back Y580 - Restore Windows 7 to Windows option in Windows Recovery I made a system image just prior to installing Windows I also have a Windows Repair Disc but when I try to boot with it I get a message that says the version is not compatible with the version of Windows I'm trying to repair Resetting the PC only gives Windows as the target operating system I tried calling Lenovo support but gave up after minutes on hold and my warranty is expired anyway Is there any way for me to get back to Windows Or is there a convenient way to get installation media from Lenovo to go back to Windows with the OEM partitions I was hoping to avoid purchasing the Lenovo Complex Services I'm not even sure if it would solve my problem Any help is much appreciated Thanks nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Model added to subject for clarity

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Restore-Windows-7/td-p/3391380
Relevancy 44.29%

I' ve been experiencing problems with graphics in my Y580 laptop ( i7 3630QM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2GB, 8GB RAM ) for about 3 months now ( bought it 3 years ago ). GPU, after reaching about 75 degrees, freezes showing errors:https://scr.hu/zkZzKJhttps://scr.hu/ZM8dk2This errors occur with games - CS:GO and applications - 3DMark. So far i tried:-downclocking-using different nvidia settings-installing different OS ( WIN 7, 8.1, 10 )-upgrading and downgrading drivers ( i' ve noticed that driver versions below 350 are forcing BSODs Dmp, and versions above 350 are giving errors i mentioned earlier) Is my GPU dying? Or maybe it's motherboard fault? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Graphics-problem/td-p/3462338
Relevancy 44.29%

I am turning to the community to find out if anyone has installed 16GB of memory in their Y580. Lenovo's manual and website says that 8GB is the maximum supported, but some posts have indicated that it might support 16GB. I need to hear from someone who has actually tried 16GB of RAM in their Y580 as to whether it worked as this is the only thing holding me back from purchasing the Y580.

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Y580 16GB RAM Support

According to Crucial on their site the max is 8 GB for the Y580 And since Lenovo says the same,i would go with that. However i would be interested to hear otherwise. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-16GB-RAM-Support/td-p/811271
Relevancy 44.29%

I have this problem . Please help me :  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y580 You are not currently using a display attache...

Check your BIOS. Make sure the graphics options is set to "switchable graphics" or "Nvidia Optimus"

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-You-are-not-currently-using-a-display-attached-to-an-nvidia/td-p/1048485
Relevancy 44.29%

My front left USB 3.0 ports stopped working a few days ago.  They can still provide power via a USB to Micro USB adapter cable, but will not recognise or power my mouse or headset. My device manager indicates that my Intel(r) USB 3.0 Extensible host controller cannot start (code 10).  I've tried reinstalling this driver, but that didn't sovle the problem. My rear right USB 2.0 port functions regularly.  My front right USB 3.0 port does not work because it has been physically damaged. I'd really like to have at least 2 functional USB ports to work with.  Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my left ports, or how I could replace the right front port?  Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-3-0-Ports-Not-Working-Y580/td-p/3484985
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm getting low battery life from just the Power Saver Mode (about 2 hours).The Y580 was advertised to last as long as 5 hours. What configurations are people using to get this long of battery life?

A:How do I get the most battery life out of my Y580?

Hi, have a read here http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Optimizing-battery-run-time-and-battery-l...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/How-do-I-get-the-most-battery-life-out-of-my-Y580/td-p/835373
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, As stated in the title, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad y580. I purchased it approximately three-and-a-half years ago, and only now is it really beginning to chug durings its processes. Point is, I want it to last perhaps another half year or so while I finish saving up for another computer. As a gamer, I'm fine with the limitations of the GPU, but sometimes my laptop legitimately has issues processing stuff, such as loading Google Chrome properly. I know enough about Windows to clean out viral matter and uninstall programs that I don't use that are running in the back. But does anyone have any tips or tricks to make this hunk of junk last maybe six more months before it becomes unusable?TL;DR I need to make my laptop run at least a reasonably sub-average to average level for six more months. Any tips are appreciated.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/I-have-a-Lenovo-IdeaPad-y580-and-I-want-it-to-last-as-long-as/td-p/3325637
Relevancy 44.29%

I bought an Ideapad Y580 some years ago and it came with a Blu-Ray player. It worked fine, until not too long ago. Now it can't read Blu-Ray discs, only DVDs. Anyone know the why it doesn't work properly? Are there any drivers or updates I need? Thanks!

A:Blu-Ray player on Y580 won't play

Did you ever get it to work? I am having the same problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Blu-Ray-player-on-Y580-won-t-play/td-p/2240422
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm wonder what kind of driver is that, which installation add it to the system and if there is any update for it because I have the latest version of it from 2010 and after installing all drivers from Lenovo support site this one still is out of date.   LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92) 

A:Y580 out of date driver LhdX64.sys

here's some information:http://www.herdprotect.com/lhdx64.sys-ab35ce3335ba8bc7b49fc9c81b1e6a852fe853b0.aspx

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-out-of-date-driver-LhdX64-sys/td-p/1412443
Relevancy 43.86%

I currently have a Lenovo Y580 Laptop computer with a dvd burner optical drive. I am wanting a blu ray burner where I can watch iblu-ray movies, and occasionally burn files to a Blu ray disk. I have found this drive, but I'm not sure whether it is compatible. It appears there are several different sizes for optical drives. Any idea whether this will physically fit in my laptop? Thanks for your assistance.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ240-Blu-ray-Burner-DVD±RW/dp/B003AXW2YQ

A:Blu Ray Burner for Lenovo Y580 Laptop

Unless it is designed for that machine, and it states that it will work, I doubt very much that you can use it. Laptops, in particular, are very proprietary in hardware, and though some few standard pieces may be interchangeable, for the most part, even the connections for optical drives are often the company's own. You'll need to get a drive from the manufacturer or one that they say will work. (Or advice from someone who has actually gotten one to fit.)

Alternatively, you could look into an external case with a USB connection for a BluRay drive. Since most people rarely use them, except for data storage (double-sided ones can hold 50 GB's which makes a great storage medium) or videos, and they are expensive, it may be best to buy just one that can be used on all machines and keep for future ones. I have found no problems with speed playing BluRay over a USB 2.0 connection (In the worst case, the contents could be copied to your hard drive before playing, anyway, though I have never had to do that). And, of course, since a drive that supports all optical media for both reading and burning is only slightly more expensive than those that support fewer types, it is worth the money to get a good drive. Just another idea...............

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blu-ray-burner-for-lenovo-y580-laptop.1119579/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am looking for anybody who owns a Y580 with Windows 7 and still has the original partition configuration with Rapid Drive (1 TB HDD + 30 GB SSD). I need some information about the partition geometry in this configuration (I am trying to restore a broken MBR). Thanks for any help, Thorsten

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Win7-HDD-30-GB-SSD-MBR-infos-needed/td-p/3387621
Relevancy 43.86%

Does anyone actually know if the "Dust Removal" in the energy management program actually works to remove dust from the laptop? I'm a bit reluctant to open up and dissect my laptop to check for any dust accumulation at this point, since everything has been running fine.This question came to mind since I saw that the filter at the bottom of my laptop was kinda caked in fine dust - wondered if the same was inside my laptop. I got the laptop in December 2012.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Dust removal in Ideapad Y580

hi marshchen,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

That application can only minimized collection of dust in the Exhaust system of your Laptop.
    Since the process of the vents is to get air fom the outside to pass through the heatsink . Dust collection cannot really be avoided.

One symptom of a fan and vent dust is that when the vents blow very hot and minimal air and the laptop is heating up more than usual.

A yearly cleaning would be ok.
  You can refer to the Maintenance Manual of this model on how to open the cover and get to the heat sink.
You might also want to refresh and apply new Thermal paste to the Heat sink.

Just be careful on the plastic parts and also wear an anti static starp. If you're not comfortable doing this, You can opt to have a repair center do this.

Best Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Dust-removal-in-Ideapad-Y580/td-p/1204296
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a - keys F5 Fn Cannot enable wifi using Y580 and problem normally I press Fn and F to bring up the window to enable disable Wireless Lan and Bluetooth But it's Cannot enable wifi using Fn and F5 keys - Y580 suddenly stopped working and I cannot switch on my Wireless Lan nbsp This is on IdeaPad Y running Windows nbsp When I press Fn F no window opens nbsp When I press Fn F my track pad is enabled disabled as normal although I do not see the notification on screen nbsp When I press the Cannot enable wifi using Fn and F5 keys - Y580 Fn and volume or brightness controls they work perfectly but again I do not notification on screen the bars showing level of volume or brightness nbsp nbsp Also the One Touch Recovery and One Key Theater buttons are not working But the audio Mute button is working nbsp nbsp I have uninstalled the Lenovo Energy Management software and reinstalled it but no difference nbsp nbsp I have checked the BIOS and Wireless Lan is enabled nbsp nbsp I also saw that in Task Manager I cannot see utility exe running nbsp This is really causing me problems can anyone suggest a fix nbsp Thanks Dave nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Cannot enable wifi using Fn and F5 keys - Y580

Finally fixed it... 1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Lenovo Energy management Software - No difference. 2. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the Wireless LAN - No difference. 3. I noticed that the OneKey Recovery button wasn't working, so I decided to uninstall and reinstall the OneKey Recovery software...it worked!  4. In Task Manager I can now see that utility.exe is running as below:  Now I have no idea why the OneKey Recovery software would affect the Lenovo Wireless Device Settings?  But I hope this might help someone else! All the best, Dave.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Cannot-enable-wifi-using-Fn-and-F5-keys-Y580/td-p/1593296
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I need some help with bsods on Windows OS I'm not sure but probably there is my fault that this happens I have Lenovo Y and a few months ago I updated my bios to version DCN WW v i downloaded it from Lenovo support website in this random y580 lenovo 8.1 win BSODs time i got windows then i decide to run Windows but this bios was purposed for Windows and now i cant find 'actualization' to my old bios wich was purposeed to Windows I'm looking for version DCN WW of bios to this Lenovo Now I have - bsods a day even after format I've updated my drivers using SlimDrivers and downloaded actual drivers from Intel website on the Intel website I had an information that product has been detected as Kontroler Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet random BSODs lenovo y580 win 8.1 Controller NDIS but this device is unknown or unsupported current driver and same thing with Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board product detected Sound Bluetooth current driver I did memtest https dl dropboxusercontent com u - html And this is scr from Crystal Disk Info https dl dropboxusercontent com u disk jpg And at the end there are dmp files https dl dropboxusercontent com u - - zip If anyone could help me I'll be very grateful and maybe there is any chance that someone who has Lenovo Y can copy for me newest bios and post here Laptop was in service but they didn't fix this issue and they didn't restore my old bios random BSODs lenovo y580 win 8.1 probably support doesn't have it i can't find it on Lenovo support website

A:random BSODs lenovo y580 win 8.1

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

AFAIK, you have the latest BIOS for your system.
Here's a link to it: BIOS Update for Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y480, Y580

Out of 17 memory dumps there were 7 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers)
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): [S] DuplexSecure - FAQ [/S] Link broken as of 21 Jul 2012
New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disk-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
Lenovo HD Disk Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LhdX64.sys

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web.
If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Dec 11 12:04:33.344 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\121113-6562-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16422.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131006-1505
System Uptime:0 days 3:00:24.120
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by :hardware ( dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_DISPLAY_DdiSetVidPnSourceAddress+45 )
BugCheck D1, {c, 7, 1, fffff800014a25a5}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000000c, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000007, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff800014a25a5, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: IP_MISALIGNED_dxgkrnl.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2395
BIOS Version 5DCN40WW(V2.07)
BIOS Release Date 10/10/2012
Manufacturer ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37052-random-bsods-lenovo-y580-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

The model of machine is Lenovo Ideapad Y580 and it is currently running on Windows 10. I frequently run into wireless connectivity issues. The message that i get when i troubleshoot for the problem is - A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken, is there any way that i can fix this problem.

The wireless drively currently being used is - Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2200

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Y580 - How to upgrade Wireless Driver

Hi Manoj77 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Ideapad Y580 is not listed compatible to Windows 10 upgrade .

After upgrading to Windows 10, some software or hardware functions of your computer might be unavailable. In addition, some software issues might occur. Installing the latest Windows updates, device drivers, and application updates may fix these issues.

Would device manager detect unknown device for the WLAN card?
Same reason why Support website don't offer W10 drivers as  same with intel.

You may have to either fo back to the original OS or wait for Intel Windows 10 driver if native Windows internal drivers will not work.  .

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-How-to-upgrade-Wireless-Driver/td-p/3347920
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey everyone nbsp I have a question regarding my Ideapad Y and a strange sound error I have been experiencing over the past few months Ideapad out Y580 cutting sound nbsp Windows Pro w Media Centeri QM GB RAMGTX Ideapad Y580 sound cutting out M GB Samsung EVO nbsp Ok here's the sound issue nbsp After using a program such as Minecraft VLC Nightingale the sound will completely cut out nbsp When checking volumes sound will not register nbsp Oftentimes the sound control panel will say the device is busy Ideapad Y580 sound cutting out nbsp Things I've tried so far Disabled Realtek Digital Output Installed latest driver Checked current processes for remnants of programs using the sound card nothing nbsp Sometimes when I have one of the programs open for example playing minecraft when I start a video in VLC there will be no sound nbsp The only sound comes from the game nbsp The only thing that really restores the audio is a full restart of the system nbsp Logging out and back in will not restore the sound Has anyone experienced this issue nbsp Is there a way to fix this problem nbsp Thanks guys

A:Ideapad Y580 sound cutting out

One suggestion..... have you tried uninstalling the audio driver, reboot the computer and then install a fresh copy of the driver.  If the previous driver installation was faulty, installing the latest driver may have not corrected the problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Y580-sound-cutting-out/td-p/2035934
Relevancy 43.86%

This may sound like an odd request, but is there a way to disable the touchpad buttons from moving the mouse, but still have them work when they're pressed? Here's what happens...I'm using the touchpad and I hit the left button and it moves my mouse pointer a little.  But I don't want it to move. I just want to press the button without my touching it causing the pointer to move a little. It really screws with some things I do.

Is there any solution to this? If not, can I buy a completely different touchpad?

Thanks

- Brian

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.  Model name based on prior forum activity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Disable-Touchpad-Buttons-Only/td-p/3473262
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently purchased a Y used It had USB ports not working USB I'm assuming and the screen had Y580 - White of Death? Screen stopped coming on or even powering up but an external monitor would work on it When I first turned it on the Lenovo logo came up for a second on the screen then it went off This was a coldstart nbsp First I Y580 - White Screen of Death? replaced the screen which I should've known wasn't the problem since it came up once No improvement Second I replaced the monitor cable which again I should've known wasn't the problem since it came up once nbsp That made it worse Now when I turn on the machine the screen has no power for about or seconds Then it powers on and very slowly turns to full white It's like the screen Y580 - White Screen of Death? is slowly activating all of the pixels till they're all on all white I did this twice but decided to turn it off for good for fear I'd damage the screen nbsp Oh one more thing When I opened it up I found that someone had been in the laptop already and the right monitor hinge was broken The external screw going into that area wouldn't come out just spun and internally it was missing a screw from the hinge to the motherboard So when I opened pulled the top off the hinge mount finished braking and came all the way up and off the mounting section There's a black wire that goes over there but it doesn't connect to the monitor in any way that I can see I wondered if it were some kind of ground and when it broke fully it caused a problem nbsp Any ideas what might cause the white screen this nbsp Thanks nbsp - Brian

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-White-Screen-of-Death/td-p/3438481
Relevancy 43.86%

This may sound like an odd request, but is there a way to disable the touchpad buttons from moving the mouse, but still have them work when they're pressed? Here's what happens...I'm using the touchpad and I hit the left button and it moves my mouse pointer a little.  But I don't want it to move. I just want to press the button without my touching it causing the pointer to move a little. It really screws with some things I do.

Is there any solution to this? If not, can I buy a completely different touchpad?

Thanks

- Brian

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.  Model name based on prior forum activity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Disable-Touchpad-Buttons-Only/td-p/3473262
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello nbsp I recently upgraded my home internet nbsp to a GHz dual band connection which I came to learn could not be utilized by my Lenovo Y s wifi adapater Intel Centrino N In order to utilize my new internet I purchased a USB dual band a c dongle at BestBuy for the only drawback being a small piece constantly plugged in using one of my USB ports not a big - something WIFI with y580 wonkey ! Lenovo the deal I was able to connect with this device at ghz and for the past few months everything was fine and I received blazing fast nbsp internet using this USB as my wifi nbsp Recently nbsp I noticed I I've Lenovo y580 - something wonkey with the WIFI ! been losing nbsp connection speed and internet My transfer rate jumps from MBs to Lenovo y580 - something wonkey with the WIFI ! MBs as and everywhere in between while connected at ghz and figured my Lenovo y580 - something wonkey with the WIFI ! usb dongle might be faulty I unplugged the device to test it and connected using the computer's normal wifi over the Ghz channel To my surprise while the signal was strong my internet speeds were also jumping between mbs and mbs essentially the same thing that was happening while using the ghz USB nbsp In an effort to trouble shoot on my own I did the following - Did a full mallware virus check was clean - I live in a Condo so I installed INSIDDER software to check my wifi channels no real problems there- Connected several other devices using both the nbsp and ghz connection including laptops and Iphones Ipads All were fine so I know it's not my router- Called the internet cable company to see if they might be throttling my device I do download a fair bit Nothing to report there- Updated my wireless drivers both internal wifi card Intel Centrino N and the USB dongle nothing - Upgraded to Windows nbsp - Uninstalled the USB dongle and wifi drivers associated with the device in case they conflict nbsp I feel like I've come to a dead end As I sit here right now connected via wifi I see my transfer rates jumping all over the place and I can't explain it nbsp I'm feet from the router modem and my iphone is fine Any help is GREATLY appreciated nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y580-something-wonkey-with-the-WIFI/td-p/3314282
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi At the start I'll mention that I am an IT guy actually IT student so GPUs Lenovo on Y580 with BSOD both I have some higher than basic knowledge about the stuff going on with my computers but now even I am lost I will start from the very beggining of my troubles - that BSOD with both GPUs on Lenovo Y580 might BSOD with both GPUs on Lenovo Y580 be a long story So one day quite a bit ago I was playing League of Legends with friends like I did for over a year after purchasing my Y and the in-game bug splat error occured It is not something unusual it happens to people a lot in this particular game so I was like meh again they f up something with the patch Then the system notification told me that driver stopped working but has recovered or something like that which was a first time for me I googled the problem but before I could read anything the screen froze and I had a first BSOD since installing Windows and I have it for a year straight now It was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL pointing at nvlddmkm sys part of Nvidia drivers I started doing obvious things - ran Windows in safe mode everything was working fine Then I removed Nvidia drivers completely including registry entries and stuff System loded in normal mode and was working - previously the blue screen was appearing before my Windows login page even loaded I managed to play games on Intel HD GPU and do my usuall stuff without any problems - as expected to be honest I did a memtest back then also did it few days ago for hours without any errors I also ran sfc scannow and chdksk without errors if I am not wrong Then I tried installing various Nvidia drivers No success Next - I installed the drivers that came with laptop on CD Quite old xx xx ones The system loaded I logged in all happy but then when I entered Nvidia Control Panel the BSOD appeared again I decided to format my drive and installed Windows about which I kind of forgot so that's why not back to - I was about to upgrade anyway so seemd like not bad opportunity - not perfect one I have to admit Blue screen again same thing I did complete system reset then started to install the Windows drivers from Lenovo's site with Nvidia ones being last and suprise suprise BSOD appeared before the installation even finished So then I tried disabling the Nvidia GPU with drivers running it launched to Windows and no BSOD but I think that doesn't change anything I've read A LOT threads about those kind of issues but nothing seems to be like mine to be honest So I left my GTX M disabled - I'm an IT student as I mentioned so I can't afford to be left without a laptop for even a few days so I didn't send it to service yet Now the funny part - I was playing LoL on Intel card for almost months now since the GeForce BSOD occured And recently I installed Path of Exile which gives me the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSODs after - minutes into the game even on lowest graphics settings D League is running ok on pretty high details so probably not temperature related I don't really know now What would you advise me to do Shall I run all system files checks and chdksk again Is this software or hardware issue I'd just like to fix it if it's software but I tried SO MANY things already that I'm closer to saying it's hardware stuff but maybe you guys will be able to help me and maybe it will be a software issue - so help me God D I'm attaching my minidump folder zipped I will appreciate ANY help thanks a lot in advance just for reading my story thanks even more if you will try to help me nbsp minidump zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Greetings David

A:BSOD with both GPUs on Lenovo Y580

Hi David

Since you are familiar with computers, i will cut the crap and go directly to the troubleshooting. Please follow the below steps.

1. First uninstall both "Intel" and "Nvidia" drivers completely from the system. Laptops require tweaked drivers  specifically created for them rather than generic ones. If the Nividia adapter is disabled via BIOS, please enable it.

2. Then uninstall "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" driver and "Intel Wireless LAN driver" completely. Current versions are not compatible with "Win 8.1".
iaStor.sys Wed Nov 30 09:09:19 2011
Intel Storage drivers

NETwNs64.sys Fri Dec 2 12:20:55 2011
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7

3. Now update the drivers in the order i posted.

IRST : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23060/a08/SetupRST.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23060&ProductID=2101&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel%C2%AE+RST)

WLAN : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23044/eng/Wireless_16.1.1_De64.exe&lang=eng&Dwnldid=23044&ProductID=3062&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Link+5300+and+Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Link+5100+products

Intel HD Graphics : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/ivga200w8164.exe

Nvidia Graphics : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/nvga200w8164.exe

4. Set Nvidia as the preferred graphic processor for all games.

Please follow steps 1 o 8 of this guide exactly - http://serato.com/video/support/15693/changing-graphics-card-settings-to-use-your-dedicated-gpu-on-a-windows-computer

On step 7 , apply the setting for all your games instead of the example program.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515776/bsod-with-both-gpus-on-lenovo-y580/
Relevancy 43.86%

My original HD is going bad so I decided to buy a new HD and an mSATA SSD. I've read more forums and watched more videos then I would have liked and I still can't find anything that can walk me through this. I want my mSATA to be configured like my original HD with a C: and D: partition and it to be able to run one button recovery and everything else that the original HD was able to do. Then I want the replacement disk HD to be just for storage. My computer did not come with an mSATA originally. It does have Intel Rapid Storage Technology but I can not find RapidTool.exe which some of the forums say is needed.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Adding an mSATA SSD to a Y580 ideapad

If your old HD is still operating, you should be able to clone it using the steps shown below.   Be warned that you must clone the whole drive, including all the hidden partitions, and can only resize the Windows Partition or the OKR recovery will not work, so the new m.2 SSD must be large enough to hold the entire contents of all the partitions of your existing HD drive.    Use Windows Drive Manager to view the sizes of the other parititons on your HD> If you need to make room, back up all your data and then delete from the current OS drive partition before cloning. http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/install-m2-ssd-lenovo-t440s Read this thread as well, it points out some important rules that must be followed when cloning so thaat OKR will work afterwards.https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Enable-onekey-recovery-after-HDD-to-SSD-cloning... Hope that helps, and good luck  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Adding-an-mSATA-SSD-to-a-Y580-ideapad/td-p/3293440
Relevancy 43.86%

Y580 - Just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7.
Installation finished and computer reboots.
Post is okay, but then screen says there is no boot drive.  
Ran Lenovo diagnostics and Hard drive and SDD (with factory windows 7) both okay, but neither boot.
I am able to start up win 10 from a usb drive (very slow).  Ran repair and asked it to fix problems.  It comes back saying drive is "locked".  
What now? 

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-No-boot-drive-after-win-10-install/td-p/3364810
Relevancy 43.43%

I saw a lot about nbsp could not find recovery environment and win but I think i have another problem My charger is not working properly sometimes it chargers sometimes not and i have to unplug and plug back the cable into the acumulator and because of this when I tried to open my laptop it's shuting down after sec This brutal shuting down happened for times I guess and nbsp since then every time I boot it says scanning and repairing drive volume f c da-d f- ed- nbsp So when I realized that something bad happened I tried to return not recovery environment could find lenovo y580 my win to factory but when i got to settings change pc settings update and recovery recovery REmove everyting and reinstall Windows it got this beautifull message could not find recovery environment nbsp What can i do to get things to normal to make windows recovery working again I m not interested in my data I can erase everything nbsp PS Please don't say it's because I change something at partitions I lost onekey recovery when I change something at partition but reinstaling windows to factory was lenovo y580 could not find recovery environment still working until this charger problems

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/lenovo-y580-could-not-find-recovery-environment/td-p/3313442
Relevancy 43.43%

Alright so early Lenovo OverClocking Y580 GPU IdeaPad Problems I tried to overclock my Nvidia GTX m Card and it worked the base clock Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 GPU OverClocking Problems speed is mhz and the memory is mhz I OC d the clock speed to mhz and the memory to mhz It all Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 GPU OverClocking Problems worked fine and boosted my gaming framerate quite a bit in PlanetSide and Skyrim I used NvidiaInspector to overclock btw I went back to the overclocking interface and accidentally set the memory rate Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 GPU OverClocking Problems to around mhz I then without realizing clicked on set OC settings and it crashed my card It rebooted but now whenever I go into Nvidia Inspector to check my clock mem speed they re both set on mhz while idle or if there s a high load on my card It s been stuck like this for a few hours and I ve tried several tweaks to fix it including a reboot rolling back the drivers and then reinstalling the drivers etc with no resolve I really need some help as this is affecting my gaming horribly and I m getting terrible framerates Please give suggestions fixes as quickly as possible Thanks DDInc nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-ideapad-y580-gpu-overclocking-problems.1082683/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello ! I tried to flash another Bios version wich killed my Bios-chips. I ordered to repair them besides an electronic company.They put new Chips in but flashed it with the wrong version of Bios: 3.70Before i started to flash the Bios it was 8.0 Version. After i got my Mainboard back today i re-assembled the Laptop and started it. I pressed "f2" to get into bios and to select boot option. I cant see any drives there, just UEFI Lan stuff. So i cant boot from Harddrives and the Laptop is useless atm.So it seems that this Windows 8 Version of the Laptop wont work with the 3.7 Version of the Bios, am i right ?Is it possible to flash the 8.0 Version without damaging the laptop again ? Please help me, i need the Laptop to work. Greetings and thank you in advanced Patrick

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Flash-Lenovo-y580-Bios-Version-8-0/td-p/3304818
Relevancy 43.43%

I've been using this laptop for around a year or so now and it's Keyboard Lenovo Issue Ideapad - Y580 worked perfectly up until this point in time nbsp nbsp The issue that I'm currently having is entirely mechanical At the moment my keyboard is intact and works just fine However if I press a key mainly the 'e' key off-center it pops the entire key up and I have to click it into place It's not life-threatening or crucial to the machine's function but when I am busy typing papers or lesson plans having a key Lenovo Ideapad Y580 - Keyboard Issue on the most constantly used vowel key continually pop up really puts a dampener in things nbsp I've taken the key out and have tried to click it back in While I can't see what's going on given that there's Lenovo Ideapad Y580 - Keyboard Issue a key in the way I can most certainly feel it clicking into place twice both clicks stemming from the right side of the 'e' key It seems that to the best of my knowledge only two out of four prongs that are meant to keep the key in place and in line are actually snapping and holding the key down Whenever I type off-center and to the right the entire left side of the key snaps up and must be pushed back into place nbsp I'm wondering if there's anything I can or should do Given that I've had my machine for over a year now I'm unsure if my warranty still covers it speaking of is there a way to check warranty status online nbsp Please if anyone has any advice on how to fix or replace a busted key keyboard please let me know

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y580 - Keyboard Issue

A replacement keyboard (chicony, oki, or dafon are the makers - be sure to look for the manufacturer label and p/n right below the lenovo p/n on the back to get a genuine keyboard) would make a good spares, they are about $30 on ebay. I replaced a broken key on a few different laptops but much prefer to swap out the entire keyboard.  Once a single key goes bad it's likely that more keys will start to fail (note that 'e' is perhaps the most commonly used key on your keyboard because it's the most popular vowel.  Other popular keys like 't' might be failing sometime soon).  So I would suggest you buy a spare keyboard and save it until you can't live without it, the procedure to replace the keyboard is a 10 minute swap. If you want to replace a key, a sharp tipped (xacto-style) knife blade, and a loupe (magnifying lens) are important accessories.  Buy from a reputable site which has good instructions ( http://www.laptopkey.com/ ).  Unfortunately, the key and hinge are manufacturer-specific (OKI, Chicony, Dafon, see above) so you will need to determine it from the guide on www.laptopkey.com.  When I fixed our Acer c720 I also used needlenose pliers to bend a metal tab back into place, the key hinge wasn't seating correctly because the metal tab had bent and was open too wide.  The Acer c720 has a nightmare keyboard to replace with 75 different locking plastic tabs that bind it to the undersize of the palmrest, so i had little choice but to replace the single key or buy an entire keyboard/palmrest assembly. Thinkpad T-series keyboards are like the hood of a car, just pop 2-4 screws and push towards the LCD, then it pivots open like a hood and you can remove the connectors and install a new one's connectors and screw it down in 5-10 mins.  The 2-4 screws to remove often have a little picture of a keyboard on the back of the laptop or search for "Lenovo Y580 Hardware Maintenance Manual" and download the instructions for all the repairs to your laptop.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y580-Keyboard-Issue/td-p/1589914
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a Lenovo Y580 with windows 10.1 on it. It worked fine until today. Today I started to enter something that called a Windows automatic repair loop. I keep getting the message the Windows ran into a problem and need to restart with an error message of FAT_FILE_SYSTEM of NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM. I Googled the subject and in the BIOS the "Intel Virtual Technology" is Enabled and the "SATA Controller Mode" I tried both AHCI and Compatible. I always got the same error and could not enter the Windows. Can someone give me a hint on what to do? Thank you in advance!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Windows-automatic-repair-loop-on-Y580/td-p/3303534
Relevancy 43.43%

Laptop updated to Windows 10 then my friend downgraded back to Windows 7 and now the keyboard, mouse, and USB drives don't work and there's no backup image. HELP!!!

A:Lenovo y580 keyboard and track pad not working

Model # of laptop? Did you use the revert back to Windows 7 feature or clean install over Windows 10?

*edit* Sorry, saw you put the model # in the title.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593201/lenovo-y580-keyboard-and-track-pad-not-working/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all nbsp I recently encountered a problem with my Fn keys When I hold Fn and press one of the shortcut keys the on screen icons for that function do not display If I press Fn arrow keys the volume or brightness will change but the icons do not display Similarly I can put my laptop to sleep with Fn F or disable the touchpad with Fn F but again not icons key do disp... problems Fn Y580 on-screen - the icons do not display nbsp The big problem is that right before this problem started I disabled wireless with the shortcut Fn F Since that function relies on the on screen icon Y580 Fn key problems - on-screen icons do not disp... I Y580 Fn key problems - on-screen icons do not disp... am unable to restart wireless capability so I am stuck on Ethernet a big problem considering I am at college nbsp I have read that reinstalling Energy Management software should fix the issue I tried that several times but nothing happened I have tried using System Restore to a time before the problem started but nothing changed nbsp Any help is greatly appreciated I am running Windows Home Premium by the way nbsp Thanks

A:Y580 Fn key problems - on-screen icons do not disp...

In task manager utility.exe is running or it is not?

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-Fn-key-problems-on-screen-icons-do-not-display/td-p/893827
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone nbsp since start of this week Y580 boot please to suddenly wont Windows, help my laptop Y got Y580 suddenly wont boot to Windows, please help issues with booting to OS Lenovo logo appears and the spinning circle doesnt then it restarts and then once again - logo restart logo restart nbsp Also I am unable to get to BIOS tried pressing F F DEL od ENTER nothing works nbsp I followed guide I found on this forum holding OneKey recovery key while laptop is turned on - then laptop offers option to Enter Bios so I finally got there and did a Load to setup Y580 suddenly wont boot to Windows, please help defaults then I restarted system and Windows finally booted I was kind of scared so I checked if I have latest Bios version on Lenovo drivers support and yes I do have Next day I came from work and situation happened again - guide didnt work so I googled a bit more and found that I need to go to Bios - boot tab - and swap from UEFI to Legacy Support and also UEFI change to Legacy support I saved changes and after restart Windows booted OK but situation appears today again But right now none of the guides Y580 suddenly wont boot to Windows, please help working it keeps displaying Lenovo logo plus some network things see screenshot attached Can someone help me how to fix this issue permanently Looks like there is something wrong with BIOS booting proccess as HDD works fine when in Windows days before Dont know what to do Please advice something Thanks alot guys IMG JPG KB

A:Y580 suddenly wont boot to Windows, please help

Adding some more screenshots (BIOS) 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-suddenly-wont-boot-to-Windows-please-help/td-p/3455006
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,I upgraded my Ideapad Y580 to windows 8 and now I can't get the function key combination to turn on my wireless hardware.

Yash Manivannan

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Function Keys not working on Ideapad Y580 after up...

Please install lenovo energy management of windows 7 and then press fn+f5. The one of windows 8 does not work properly.http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cagt24ww.exe

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Function-Keys-not-working-on-Ideapad-Y580-after-upgrading-to/td-p/940837
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have an IdeaPad Y with Windows Pro The battery is V Wh mAh V mAh The battery indicator in Windows was showing something like not charging the whole time I went to Lenovo's Energy Management tool and started Battery Gauge Reset The software said this will completely charge and discharge the battery and I should not use the laprop in the meantime so I left it running the whole day When I came back the machine was hanging screen was dark the keyboard Y580 batte... - IdeaPad killed my "Energy Management" did not respond The power button was lit up but did not react on normal push nbsp I pushed it longer for a forced shutdown and voila The laptop is now dead It does not start nbsp When I press the power button the battery indicator LED blinks times in orange and stops The only way to start the laptop is to remove the battery unplug the power supply from mains and shorten the mains lead to discharge any capacitors nbsp Moreover IdeaPad Y580 - "Energy Management" killed my batte... decided to measure the voltage coming out of the power supply with the battery in the laptop - the connecting leads i used went really hot within seconds and the voltage dropped from to under V nbsp I am not sure what is going on but either the charging circuit or the battery is overloading the power supply nbsp Any help nbsp nbsp

A:IdeaPad Y580 - "Energy Management" killed my batte...

grep wrote:The battery indicator in Windows was showing something like "65% not charging" the whole time.The display "nn%, not charging" is normal when the battery conservation mode has been activated.  The thinking is that the batteries in laptops which spend most of their time on mains power will have longer useful life if not kept at 100% charge all of the time. The value for "nn" seems to vary.  I have one version of the "Energy Management" application that uses "80" for "nn", whereas the current version of the app uses "60" for "nn".  So the value of "65" is not out of step with these values. I cannot offer you any advice to extricate yourself from the bad place where you now find yourself.  It needs someone with more knowledge than I.  Good luck. -- from CyberSimian in the UK

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-Y580-quot-Energy-Management-quot-killed-my-battery/td-p/3470025
Relevancy 43%

Hi all Need to ask how to hid all the partitions in the factory installed HDD for Lenovo Y This is the scenario Firstly i successfully migrated all of the following partitions OEM Hidden partition C partition boot drive program files and data drive amp D partition containing drivers from my Lenovo factory installed HDD to the SSD and to use the SSD as the primary boot drive Now i plan to use the factory installed HDD as my data drive I am using a caddy tray for this whereby i plan to swap out the optical drive and pluck in the Lenovo factory installed HDD However for quot safety reasons quot i do not plan to re-format the entire factory installed HDD but rather to keep those partitions just in case if my SSD fails Hence how do i turn all the three partitions above in the Lenovo factory installed HDD to become dormant I want the computer to boot up from the existing SSD but then to treat the factory installed HDD as the data drive and not to read from any of the three partitions in the factory installed HDD ANy ideas on how to accomplish this (Lenovo installed Factory Hiding HDD in partitions Y580) By the way i am planning to use EASUS as my Hiding partitions in Factory installed HDD (Lenovo Y580) disk partition freeware

A:Hiding partitions in Factory installed HDD (Lenovo Y580)

You will need to delete all partitions, or you will have boot up problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/17896-hiding-partitions-factory-installed-hdd-lenovo-y580.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi all Currently i owned a Lenovo Y and defnitely want to downgrade from Windows to Windows Here is Y580: for drivers. Lenovo Sequence downloading IdeaPad a couple of questions Question I am using an Intel SSD solid state drive series as my main drive NOT a hard disk and just wondering if i need the following driver being - Lenovo IdeaPad Y580: Sequence for downloading drivers. Intel Rapid Start Technology for Microsoft Windows and - Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer Question The sequence of loading the drivers As i need to Lenovo IdeaPad Y580: Sequence for downloading drivers. re-install all the drivers for Windows please kindly advice what are the sequence for me to load the drivers Audio Realtek Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit BIOS BIOS Update for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Bluetooth and Modem Bluetooth Driver CyberTan Broadcom Liteon Broadcom Liteon Atheros for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit IdeaPad Y Camera Camera Driver Bison Chicony AzureWave for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit IdeaPad Y Card Reader Jmirco Card Reader Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Chipset Intel Chipset Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Chipset Intel Management Engine Interface for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y General Information Hotfix for Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Mouse and KeyBoard TouchPad Driver Cypress Synaptics for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit IdeaPad Y Networking LAN Ehternet Atheros LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Networking WIRELESS LAN Intel WiMax Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit IdeaPad Y Networking WIRELESS LAN Intel Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Networking WIRELESS LAN Wireless LAN Driver Liteon Atheros CyberTan Broadcom for Microsoft Windows -bit bit IdeaPad Y Power Management Lenovo Energy Management for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Software and Utility Intel Rapid Start Technology for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Software and Utility OneKey Recovery for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Storage Intel Rapid storage Technology for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y TV Tuner TV Tuner Driver Geniatech Yuan AverMedia for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit IdeaPad Y USB device Intel USB Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Video Intel Onboard Graphics Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Video Nvidia Display Driver for Microsoft Windows -bit -bit - IdeaPad Y Source Drivers and software - IdeaPad Y Notebook Question Where do i get the driver being Lenovo OneKey Theater for Windows What other drivers have i missed out Question How do I downgrade from Windows to Windows Do you guys have a step by step instruction on how to do this

A:Lenovo IdeaPad Y580: Sequence for downloading drivers.

Hi cheesum, Did you look here ? Windows 8 - Downgrade Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/292038-lenovo-ideapad-y580-sequence-downloading-drivers.html
Relevancy 43%

I've searched all over from http://www.eightforums.com to lenovo forums. I've called support and they demand a fee to provide me support for my brand new laptop. I'm desperate for a solution because I have exhausted all more likely resources for solutions to my problem. My problem is that the option to burn factory reinstall discs have been removed. In the windows 7 version of this laptop, One Key Recovery provided this option. For win 7 laptops, this allowed people to reinstall the OEM OS on their msata SSD. Now that option is not there. I've burned a system image disc set, I burned a bootable system repair disc. I created a recovery flash drive on a usb stick. Neither of these windows 8 options allowed me to recover to a new drive on the same laptop. I really really hope someone can help me. This is ridiculous.

A:Lenovo Y580 preinstalled Win8 machine upgrade to SSD

You could try imaging it with Drive Img XML or similar?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-y580-preinstalled-win8-machine-upgrade-to-ssd.188548/
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently my computer has been occasionally freezing while I've been browsing online. It doesn't actually get to the point of BSOD but programs will stop working and I eventually won't be able to close or open anything, including task manager.

I tried running CHKDSK to see if that could fix things, (it has crashed since then unfortuantely), doing so somehow filled up my hard drive. I went from having around 700 GB free to only having a couple hundred MBs free. I tried this two more times.

I've attached the dump log as requested as well as the three logs of the CHKDSK that I found in event viewer.

Thanks!

A:Random Freezing Lenovo Y580, Possible Hard Drive errors

Code:
CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
Cleaning up instance tags for file 0x1bead.
451328 file records processed.

File verification completed.
807 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

0 EA records processed.

60 reparse records processed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
580808 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered.

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
451328 file SDs/SIDs processed.

Cleaning up 604 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 604 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 604 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
64741 data files processed.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
35120152 USN bytes processed.

Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
451312 files processed.

File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
163805741 free clusters processed.

Free space verification is complete.
Adding 163790195 bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File.
Correcting errors in the master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute.
Correcting errors in the Volume Bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

961739479 KB total disk space.
305751440 KB in 362629 files.
182668 KB in 64742 indexes.
655160780 KB in bad sectors.
582411 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
62180 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
240434869 total allocation units on disk.
15545 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 e3 06 00 63 85 06 00 17 44 0b 00 00 00 00 00 ....c....D......
58 16 00 00 3c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 X...<...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
"

Code:
Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category
Information 6/6/2014 9:55:21 PM Microsoft-Windows-Wininit 1001 None "

Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
451328 file records processed.

File verification completed.
919 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

0 EA records processed.

60 reparse records processed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
580830 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered.

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
451328 file SDs/SIDs processed.

Cleaning up 9 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 9 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 9 unused security descriptors.
Security descri... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334138-random-freezing-lenovo-y580-possible-hard-drive-errors.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I am running Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire 5741 laptop. I have dual monitors running. One of them is going through the VGA output of my laptop and the other is going through a USB to VGA adapter. Neither of my monitors are HDMI ready, unfortunately.This has worked for a couple of years but in the USB to VGA monitor, there is now a black square around my cursor that is really annoying. I am guessing it must be some setting that I accidentally changed or that my cat changed by running across my keyboard.Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A:Dual screens, mouse has black square around it in one of the screens

See http://www.techtalkz.com/windows-7/516137-how-change-mouse-settings-windows-7-a.html and try restoring your mouse pointer back to what you want.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154319.0.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi

I have a e7740 Dell laptop that bluescreens and black screens when connected to VGA or HDMI

The errors are ntsokrnl + exe + 73bc0 and Fastfat.sys + 1d82

I have attached minidumps.

Can someone help me resolve this issue please?

A:Blue Screens and Black Screens when connected to VGA or HDMI

Moved to Bsod's for further help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screens-and-black-screens-when-connected-to-vga-or-hdmi-943041.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I had a better card in the PC and was running the AMD catalyst drivers.
I took that card out and put in the x1300.

Several times noticed some weird effects.
Then today I powered down cause it was pink, and it refused to turn on the screen.
So I let it sit and it is working again.

I did not uninstall catalyst AMD drivers, is that a problem? the x1300 is not a supported video card.

If it is a problem, then are the AMD drivers destroying the card? (terminating the old technology to make you get new technology)

A:Pink screens, white screens, odd colors amd x1300 pro

Hi there .. It is more than likely the Card you Installed is faulty .. When you Installed that Card Windows would try to find a Driver for it .. Its a pretty old Card i know there are some Vista Drivers available for it .. Not sure about 64 Bit Drivers though ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/324329-pink-screens-white-screens-odd-colors-amd-x1300-pro.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi All I have searched extensively for this issue but haven t found any workable solutions so I m posting Recently purchased a Lenovo Ideapad Y and performed a fresh install of Win Premium -bit on a new SSD Installed latest drivers for all hardware but discovered in red-x Solved: cannot icon find / any adapter Lenovo on networks tray Y580 wireless after the install that my wireless adapter wasn t able to find any wireless networks it worked find under Windows when laptop was first unboxed My wired connection works fine though I am able to connect up to my network without issue using a network cable Also I am able to connect to my home wireless network without issue using another laptop In addition the adapter icon in my tray shows a red-X on it I ve found many issues through web searches that suggest driver updates or hardware disable enable steps but neither of these approaches have worked for me I am holding off re-installing my OS until I ve tried some more simpler and less time consuming options My system OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core Solved: Lenovo Y580 cannot find any wireless networks / red-x on adapter icon in tray TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Solved: Lenovo Y580 cannot find any wireless networks / red-x on adapter icon in tray D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO INVALID Antivirus None - Qualcomm Atheros AR Ethernet Controller - Intel Centrino Wireless-N All drivers are up to date When I run a hardware test via the Intel Wi-Fi manual diags I get the following quot Wireless Hardware is not bound to transport driver quot I have searched around and found a number of similar issues with these symptoms but nothing that solves this issue I m seeing Hoping some of you smart people out there can assist me with diagnosing the problem and finding a solution TIA nbsp

A:Solved: Lenovo Y580 cannot find any wireless networks / red-x on adapter icon in tray

Solved this myself after further searching - Zonealarm was the issue. Uninstalled and wireless came back to life.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lenovo-y580-cannot-find-any-wireless-networks-red-x-on-adapter-icon-in-tray.1093599/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey all If this is Screens on 2 of Information Screens Multiple Displaying in the wrong place then please move it Anyway I ve been asked to put up Displaying Multiple Screens of Information on 2 Screens two televisions that will display the same information in the office At the moment it s going well I have a single computer underneath Displaying Multiple Screens of Information on 2 Screens one television that has the information playing on a slideshow and it s connected to a VGA splitter This splitter then splits the image so that the same information is displaying on the TV on the opposite side of the office the VGA cable runs up into the ceiling and across However they now want more information being displayed Specifically they want a real time web-based interface to be shown and for the screen to flick between the slideshow and the real time interface The slideshow only shows one image - a graph showing their call times I was wondering if there s any easy way to do this All that I can think of is putting the image of the graph on one side of the screen and the web-based interface on the other I was kind of hoping for it to be in full screen though so it s easier to see and people don t have to leave their desks in order to see it Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/displaying-multiple-screens-of-information-on-2-screens.1084679/
Relevancy 41.28%

My pc specs are below Windows Ult bit Gigabyte GA-UD H AMD Phenom II X T GB DDR PNY RAM GB Seagate HDD Dynex Watt Power Supply all parts were bought BRAND NEW These problems ONLY occur when the pc boots up for the first time after I shut it down at night and start it in the morning Every now and then the pc will boot up to the desktop Everything looks normal All the taskbar icons load internet connection everything However when I begin to use an application primarily firefox to browse the web the pc will begin to stutter The cursor movements become jagged and in about seconds the screen goes black The pc fans are still on Blue screens/Black Rogue screens but the hard drive light is off Once the screen went to a sky blue color instead of black but the outcome was the same The only way out is to reset Rogue Blue screens/Black screens the pc After that everything runs fine I can do anything to the pc and it never crashes This problem only occurs when the pc first initializes Another issue is random blue screens I ve encountered about - in the past two months When I start my morning I boot my pc and walk out to get my coffee leaving it to idle Sometimes when I come back a BSOD is waiting for me Each time it s been the error code xF which doesn t do me a whole lot of good because that tells me it s a problem with hardware or software drivers I can t debug the dump files either because each time the pc blue screens it freezes before the memory can be dumped and saved So I have a barren minidump folder Event viewer doesn t say anything other than the pc shut down unexpectedly and all that And yes I ve done the following -Set my pc to create minidump files -Ran memtest ram checked out OK -chkdsk OK -sfc scannow OK -Ran seatools boot disc couldn t load the environment correctly but worked on my laptop Any ideas As always thanks for your input nbsp

A:Rogue Blue screens/Black screens

Check the system Properties \ Startup and Recovery. Is the wright debug info set to Small Memory dump or Kernel Memory dump. You need it set to Small Memory dump to have a minidump log file in C:\Windows\minidump It would be best to have that file to see whats going on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rogue-blue-screens-black-screens.1013833/
Relevancy 41.28%

And I'm back again giving you another annoying dilemma to help me with Okay the problems are on my main pc The specs are below Windows Ult bit Gigabyte GA-UD H AMD Phenom II X T GB DDR PNY RAM GB Seagate HDD Dynex Watt Power Supply all parts were bought BRAND NEW These problems ONLY occur when the pc boots up for the first time after I shut it down at Rogue Blue screens/Black screens night and start it in the morning Every now and then the pc will boot up to Rogue Blue screens/Black screens the desktop Everything looks normal All the taskbar icons load internet connection everything However when I begin to use an application primarily firefox to browse the web the pc will begin to stutter The Rogue Blue screens/Black screens cursor movements become jagged and in about seconds the screen goes black The pc fans are still on but the hard drive light is off Once the screen went to a sky blue color instead of black but Rogue Blue screens/Black screens the outcome was the same The only way out is to reset the pc After that everything runs fine I can do anything to the pc and it never crashes This problem only occurs when the pc first initializes Another issue is random blue screens I've encountered about - in the past two months When I start my morning I boot my pc and walk out to get my coffee leaving it to idle Sometimes when I come back a BSOD is waiting for me Each time it's been the error code xF which doesn't do me a whole lot of good because that tells me it's a problem with hardware or software drivers I can't debug the dump files either because each time the pc blue screens it freezes before the memory can be dumped and saved So I have a barren minidump folder Event viewer doesn't say anything other than the pc shut down unexpectedly and all that And yes I've done the following -Set my pc to create minidump files -Ran memtest ram checked out OK -chkdsk OK -sfc scannow OK -Ran seatools boot disc couldn't load the environment correctly but worked on my laptop Any ideas As always thanks for your input

A:Rogue Blue screens/Black screens

How did you calculate PSU power? Seems a bit low...?

Could you please upload as instructed here even though you don't have dumps?
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182248-rogue-blue-screens-black-screens.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Where can I get (and how can I install) bootskins and logon screens for Windows 7....

Preferably an official (or official looking) FBI or CIA or NCIS or one of those other cool Agencies......

and just any cool or decent boot screen that isnt officially a boring windows boot screen (Like the glowing balls of color that swirl around and then form the Windows Flag...)

Any help, comments, suggestions, insults, compliments, advice, anything at all, is welcome.

A:Boot screens and logon screens....

What boot screen are you talking about? Where I work we have no "Agency" specific boot screen. It is just the default Windows Logon/Boot Screen. If you one of those ones you see in the movies, then you are out of luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330688/boot-screens-and-logon-screens/
Relevancy 39.99%

HI-

Why when I click on options (like to do a restore) does the window or screen pop up blank- no options available?

Thank you for any help you can offer

L

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-screens-blank-screens-85169.html
Relevancy 38.7%

To activate the dual screens I have to hold down the window Icon and then press (p) to bring up window Icon allowing me to these extend, which allows me to use each monitor separately. How do I set it where the "extend" option is the default every time I open up my computer.

A:I have dual screens how do I get Windows 10 to accept dual screens (extend) as default

There doesn't seem to be an option built-in for this.. Would be a great feature for MS to implement in a next update tho
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436434-i-have-dual-screens-how-do-i-get-windows-10-accept-dual-screens-extend-default.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi Everyone nbsp I'm sorry if a similar question doesn't and the Y580 charge charger doesn't detect has already Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger been posted here but I couldn't find it myself I'm having really weird problems with my brand new Y It doesn't detect the charger and because of this - won't charge I managed to figure out how to temporarily fix the problem but it keeps on happening Long story short nbsp What's wrong after applying a temporary fix and the laptop IS charging when I unplug the charger and plug it back in again the laptop doesn't detect it it keeps on draining the battery and does't prompt that a charger is connected The same happens when I close the lid and open it again - the charger magically disconnects itself nbsp My temporary fix I somehow managed to get the laptop working when connected to the charger after applying these steps nbsp OS shut downbattery removedcharger unpluggedpressed power button once just for a second charger plugged to a different wall socketcharger plugged to the laptoppower button pressed once laptop boots up when the OS loads up battery inserted again nbsp As I mentioned this fixes my problem only temporarily as I can't close the lid or unplug the charger without repeating the same procedure I'm pretty sure the same thing happens when I simply switch the laptop off from the OS level nbsp I'm using Windows now but the same thing happended when I was on Windows nbsp Has anybody had a similar experience I appreciate your help and advice nbsp Piotr nbsp

A:Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger

Hi again, I checked the charger again and it seems that it's not working when I unplug it a plug it back in. If I get the charger working and close/open the lid or restart the machine, it is still working fine. Any ideas why unplugging and re-plugging the charger makes it unavailable for the laptop? Piotr

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-doesn-t-charge-and-doesn-t-detect-the-charger/td-p/971277
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello!

I bought a new pc a few months ago but i had too many (more than 67 in 5 months) blue screens in the last months.

I uploaded a few of them here. Can someone please check them for me and tell me whats wrong with my pc/os ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I runned orthos (more than 16 hours) and memtest without having any problems.

My system:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE MA790GP-DS4H AMD 790GX DDR2 HDMI HD3300
Cpu: Phenom II X4 940 Quad-Core 3.0GHz 8MB AM2+Black Edition
Ram: KINGSTON HyperX 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 CL5
Hdd: WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black SATA2 500GB 32MB
GPU: HIS HD4870 IceQ 4+ Turbo 1GB 256bit GDDR5 16X

A:Vista 64 bit Random Blue Screens (67 blue screens in 5 months)

Okay, I read six of your most recent minidumps contained in your first Zip file and all four in your second Zip file.

Here are the ones that stand out because they give a probable cause.

Two errors are 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited in both is klim6.sys which belongs to Kaspersky.

Four errors are 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address an IRQ Level they have no business doing.

In all four the same Kaspersky driver kl1.sys was cited as the probable cause of your system crashes.

* I suggest updating Kaspersky and/or doing a search on their forums to see what the community has to say.

By the way, nice PC.

* Get back to us with any results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-64-bit-random-blue-screens-67-blue-screens-in-5-months.136306/
Relevancy 37.41%

Recently - past couple of weeks - I've been encountering "blue screens" at boot-up in the morning. I know these are serious, and probably indicate a new PC is needed; but maybe not. Can anyone please tell me how serious these errors are, and what the error source might be, based on the following technical information my system offers?:

12/20/11 - BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 (ox00000020, 0xE6C30500, 0xE6C31178, 0x0D8FF728)

12/22/11 - STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x00000074, 0xAF7E3C28, 0x00000000)

12/31/11 - 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8056BEF6, 0xAF247A80, 0x00000000)

Thank you.

A:Stop Error Screens ("Blue screens")

This could be caused by a bad hard drive, bad ram or software/driver that was recently installed.
Does the blue screen occur prior to logging into Windows?
Have you tried to boot into Windows safe mode?
Have you tried going back to a previous restore point?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stop-error-screens-blue-screens-621636.html
Relevancy 33.54%

recent crash many screens! Solved: Screens...so Blue blue dumps Since I can t figure out the cause I humbly come to you Solved: Blue Screens...so many blue screens! for help Here is my my WhoCrashed report System Information local computer name PL-PC windows version Windows Vista Service Pack build windows dir C Windows CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k x C Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFE A x xFFFFFFFF A C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Wed Solved: Blue Screens...so many blue screens! PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k EngEraseSurface x Bugcheck code x xFFFFFFFFFE A x xFFFFFFFF A C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlpa exe nt xCDABF Bugcheck code xC x xFFFFFFFFB AA x x Error BAD POOL CALLER file path C Windows system ntkrnlpa exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module fltmgr sys fltmgr x C F Bugcheck code xC x xFFFFFFFFD xFFFFFFFFD x Error DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION file path C Windows system drivers fltmgr sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager Bug check description This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier The driver attempted to free memory after having written past the end of the allocation A bug check with this parameter occurs only when the Pool Tracking option of Driver Verifier is active This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp This was probably caused by the following module usbport sys USBPORT x C B Bugcheck code xA xFFFFFFFF D CCD x x xFFFFFFFF D CCD Error I... Read more

Relevancy 32.25%

What on EARTH process is always running in the background to make my hard drive chatter away for literally nearly - minutes work 10 work work HD my and makes Windows and work and after a bootup and we're talking with a FRESH install Some something is running a LOT in the background but task manager is absolutely worthless in pointing out what is going on It even gets to the point Windows 10 makes my HD work and work and work and work where after having the Edge browser opened and perusing the internet for awhile things get so bogged down and windows is too stupid to tell me exactly WHY it's bogged down things get to where even a mouse click is delayed upwards of seconds lol Sometimes things completely freeze and pushing the reset button is the only way out I've gone as far as downloading Avasts 'emergency startup' disc and booting from it thinking there might be a virus but it found nothing although I'm wondering if it's loading a small portion of windows which if it is and a virus or malware is in that small portion booting to the disc and running the anti-virus software is pointless maybe I should try it with a linux based emergency disc

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/67525-windows-10-makes-my-hd-work-work-work-work.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Alright guys, I have just refreshed my pc because I was having numerous problems with it and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. However, now I am having software issues. Whenever I try to make a call on the desktop version of skype, the program crashes. Whenever I try to open HP support assistant, the program crashes. When i am using the metro app version of skype I get a weird artifacting type problem on any of the buttons. I have this same problem in internet explorer and on Netflix. Netflix will not play on Chrome. It will play on IE, but with the button artifacting problems. My computer will not pair via bluetooth with my phone. What would be your recommended course of action? I don't know where to begin. I have tried updating drivers and the like but it has not helped.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth won't work, skype won't work, ntflix won;t work

Microsoft zune won't work either. It crashes when trying to set up.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/40103-bluetooth-wont-work-skype-wont-work-ntflix-won-t-work.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi. Am trying to run 2 monitors in Win 8 and whilst it recognises them, whenever I try and move say Chrome onto one then watch a video on the other it just closes Chrome then plays the video! And as you can't resize windows at all (that I can work out!) I can only do 1 thing at a time which is useless. Please help!

A:Using 2 screens

you should be able to display any non metro app on the second screen.

all metro apps open on the primary display and can not be moved from that display.

if you don't mind a suggestion?
use vlc to watch your video's or something similar.
and chrome.

keep to the desktop as well.

and if this is what your doing already let me know and i'll have a look see if i can recreate the problem on my own system.

just let us know what applications your using at the time, also if they are metro apps or not as well would be great.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/15450-using-2-screens.html
Relevancy 29.67%

hello everyone...i have win7 on my laptop and i have a problem....my screen split into 6 smaller parts and have red lines/dots on it...BUT i conected my laptop with my PC throu a program and the screen seems perfect...no lines no 6 parts.... (i mean that: on my laptop my screen is slpited into 6 parts...on my PC my laptop screen is fine) any idead on what should i do?
(sorry for bad eng.)

Mike!

Relevancy 29.67%

Alright. I've got an issue here.

I'd love to explore the option of using two screens (my TV and my pc monitor) together.

However, since I play games in full screen mode, it seems that either the other screen will display the game or it will display nothing at all.

Is it possible, for example, to have a game running in my monitor and VLC player running in the telly in full screen mode simultaneously? Or, for example, if I could browse internet at the same time.

Seems like full screen mode is the only limiter here and I'm not fond at all of window mode

Relevancy 29.67%

hi this is onlinetech ,
guys one question ,is there any web site which gives me real time simulation of aol and some real time screen shots,which might help me with problme solving.
any ideas

when i say simulation i mean some kind of this
this is for win xp.
http://ccsn.emea.compaq.com/docs/training/windows_XP/emulator/desktop.htm#

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-screens.273762/
Relevancy 29.67%

Whenever I close IE, it closes but another blank screen with the blue e appears. What causes that?

A:IE 2 Screens

Hi and welcome to TSG.
What version of IE are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-2-screens.656430/
Relevancy 29.67%

The contrast ratio of LCD screens is the darkest of black and the brightest of white and it is how much shades of black and white the screen can display .Not how much color it can display or shades of color.

Also is true that contrast ratio is not how sharp the pictures is but the dot pitch is how sharp the picture is.The lower the dot pitch the sharper the image

Also the more color depth the more bits used to represent the color pixel and that gives a better range of distinct colors.

A one bit would be 2 color and 2-bit would be 4 colors.And 4-bit would be 16 colors.The most they have now are 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-screens.547763/