Windows Support Forum

active stylus with spectre x360

Q: active stylus with spectre x360

I received my nbsp HP Spectre nbsp x - t- CTO one week ago as well as a new HP Active Stylus nbsp I purchased both directly from HP nbsp I have tried four times with tech support with stylus x360 active spectre to help me get the stylus to work nbsp Despite being assured that the stylus active stylus with spectre x360 in indeed compatible with this laptop active stylus with spectre x360 they have not gotten it to work nbsp The only solution they have come up with is to reset the computer to factory settings wiping out everything I have spent active stylus with spectre x360 hours doing to migrate to this new laptop nbsp In asking them what doing the reset will resolve they do not know but that is the fallback answer nbsp I have received so much conflicting and silly information from tech support staff who actually are not famililar at all with the problem nbsp They have updated the Intel video drivers and attempted to install firmware for the Spectre but still no success nbsp Does anybody know the steps to getting the stylus setup nbsp Thanks very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/active-stylus-with-spectre-x360/td-p/5756415
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: active stylus with spectre x360

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi Have a new Dell XPS th gen i The motherboard is Intel Series C - Z I have one TB Seagate drive which has Windows on it and two WD active but 1 see does RAID it? not Rapid Storage Intel TB internal hard drives I formatted both WDs and selected RAID in BIOS I selected the WD HDs to create a RAID array with CTRL I Windows didn t recognize them so I went to disk management and created a simple volume The volume was formatted not quick format and now it shows as Healthy Partition I guess it is ready to use because now Windows Explorer RAID 1 active but Intel Rapid Storage does not see it? shows it as one HD TB in size My question is Intel Rapid Storage keeps popping up the you may have an issue with your hardware I go take a look at it and the only drives that are shown are the original TB system drive and the DVD drive No sign of RAID 1 active but Intel Rapid Storage does not see it? the RAID volume I hit refresh but it does not show up I go to System Report and all HDs show up What do you think is happening How can I have Rapid Storage show the RAID volume I already updated Rapid Storage to the latest version Thank you in advance Below is what the System Report shows System Report System Information OS name Microsoft Windows OS version System name WINDOWS-U I N System manufacturer Dell Inc System model XPS Processor GenuineIntel Intel Family Model Stepping GHz BIOS Dell Inc A Intel Rapid Storage Technology enterprise Information Kit installed User interface version Language English United States Driver version ISDI version Storage System Information Controller name Intel R Series C Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller Type SATA Mode AHCI Number of SATA ports Number of volumes Volume Volume Number of spares Number of available disks Rebuild on Hot Plug Disabled Manufacturer Model number Product revision Direct attached disk Z D P XK Direct attached disk WD-WMAWP Direct attached disk WD-WMAWP Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk Yes Disk data cache Enabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model ST DM - CH Serial number Z D P XK SCSI device ID Firmware CC Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk No Disk data cache Disabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model WDC WD FAEX- BA Serial number WD-WMAWP SCSI device ID Firmware D Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes Disk on Controller Port Status Normal Type SATA disk Location type Internal Size GB System disk No Disk data cache Disabled Command queuing NCQ SATA transfer rate Gb s Model WDC WD FAEX- BA Serial number WD-WMAWP SCSI device ID Firmware D Physical sector size Bytes Logical sector size Bytes ATAPI device on Controller Port Location type Internal SATA transfer rate Gb s Model TSSTcorp DVD -RW SH- DB Serial number S Q YBD ANS Firmware D nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-1-active-but-intel-rapid-storage-does-not-see-it.199550/
Relevancy 24.51%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 28.38%

My CPU is working hard on something and I don't know what it is. Attached is the hijackthis log.

When playing games as well, suddenly games starts hanging like cpu is being used somewhere else. When I exit, it remains at 0% for sometime, then again starts spiking. I am not sure what the problem is..

Plz help...

PS. Excuse me if this is not the correct forum....redirect if needed.

A:CPU shooting to 40-50% without any active processes

try to disable trend micro , if this doesn't help , go to task manager\processes , and see the process that takes a lot of cpu usage and end it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-shooting-to-40-50-without-any-active-processes.174256/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi be active public and Can simultaneously a wired Win7 in workgroup Wi-Fi LAN My crossover-cable wired lan between a win and a miniXP booted laptop can t be changed to a quot home quot from a quot public quot connection Both the wifi and and lan show up as quot public quot The former because I m Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 connected to the internet via a meraki mesh Unlike the status of my wifi which is blue and thus changeable the status of my lan is typeset black as regular text Now when I activate file-sharing I give the whole neighborhood access to my computer Is there a way to separate the networks and make the files of the remote show up in Explorer without disconnecting the wifi Windows IP Configuration Host Name ID-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Can public Wi-Fi and a wired LAN workgroup be active simultaneously in Win7 Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C -F -DA- F- D-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October- - AM Lease Expires October- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- C- C- -AE- D- -B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -AE- D- -B - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D AF E-A E - - B -F BAC AAF E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C A B E- EA- C- C - DF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c d f ff fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c d f ff fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-public-wi-fi-and-a-wired-lan-workgroup-be-active-simultaneously-in-win7.172759/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello this is my first day and hope not the last, I need some help with my laptop, I am looking for a client service for netware and don't seem to fing it any where. I've looked in <start><control Panel><network conections> <local area connection> right click <properties>and I only find '' inertnet protocol'' and Qos packet scheduler. I do not know what to do now, Can anyone help me with that?

A:Welcome screen not active

You may not have it installed, this will tell you how.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5882542_install-netware-client-services.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/welcome-screen-not-active.166496/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey everyone.. So, let's see.. I just purchased this Dell Optiplex Gx260 and installed it yesterday. So far so good, but once I downloaded a few things like mozilla, google chrome and other things, my audio device disappeared. Now, when I go into the audio device properties, it says its still there and working properly.. Yet it isn't.. Any way I can fix this?

p.s. I'm not very computer savvy, so if you could make it simple, I'd appreciate it..

A:No active mixer devices available

Since this PC is new, do a factory restore, and be careful installing all those browsers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-devices-available.158376/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just installed Winodws XP Pro and connected it to the companies domain. Where can I download Active Directory from?

A:How do I get active directory?

Active Directory is not something you download - you join a domain with an account that has privileges to do so within the domain. Just change your machine location in Control Panel > System from Workgroup to Domain and enter the domain name. It should then prompt you for credentials.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-active-directory.157489/
Relevancy 28.81%

Is there a way to tell what is running when the HDD led is active in Windows 7?

A:Can I tell what's running when my HDD is active?

DKHardDrive-Light

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-tell-whats-running-when-my-hdd-is-active.146797/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi apologies if this is in the wrong forum cant seem to find one that fits Right here s the background so you understand My new company has just given me a nice smart samsung omnipro PDA This has been setup sync Active contacts of sets 2 to sync with the works exchange Active sync 2 sets of contacts server via GPRS and download my mail contacts etc etc However i am still with my old company for the next few days and on their exchange server i have stored in my contacts about years worth of phone numbers of pretty much everyone i have needed to speak to Now im not leavng the old company as such the of them have partnered up so i need the phone numbers of about of them I access my exchange for the old company through Outlook using a secure HTTPS connection this means that i can see and edit my contacts mail etc etc i can only access my new company via an web based version of outlook Ok here s the problem having setup a partnership with my laptop via active sync it sees my outlook account and the PDA shows both the laptop account and the work account But if i sync to outlook on my laptop and thus get my old works contacts then when i try to change it to also then get my new company contacts via the GPRS connection activesync deletes the existing contacts In other words i cant sync both sets of contacts as doing one deletes the other I am sure there is an answer to this but i cant seem to find it nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-sync-2-sets-of-contacts.143840/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I have an application that I want to use for long periods of time, but the internet connection needs to be up. Now, to save power I thought that I could put my computer in to sleep mode, but everytime it sleeps, it loses internet connection.

My question is: Can the internet connection stay active during sleep mode? And if so, how can I do that?

I have already tried unchecking 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option on my network adapter, but without results.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to replies...

-Marty

A:Active Internet connection during sleep mode?

No. If the computer is sleeping the internet connection can't be active (i.e. which would mean you also have a program running handling the connection, transfering data plus then you have memory in use and disk etc. so how much of your computer could really be asleep anyway

/* edit */
just fyi: the connection is allowed to be "awake" only to look for remote "wake up from sleep" type requests coming remotely. No other type of internet activity supported in sleep mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-internet-connection-during-sleep-mode.143288/
Relevancy 27.95%

Its Black Active Screen, Cursor not my computer so I can t tell what is in the computer and what is has But it Black Screen, Active Cursor is a Windows XP media center audition um HPpavilion a On well actually I see a sticker on the computer I think this is whats in it Processor amd athion processors with enchanced virus protection memory mb graphics nvidia geforce LE gb harddrive and opitcal drive dvd rw lightscribe double layer x drive Okay so my computer was installing ccleaner but it froze so i turned it off Well Black Screen, Active Cursor really it didn t freeze since i could move my mouse and a program i click close on closed like minutes after But anyways i turned it off with the power button in the front then turn it back on It gets to the green progress bar then goes black It never gets to the welcome screen It has an active cursor but I cant do anything same thing with all the safe mode things command prompt networking and regular even the start with settings before doesnt work Still a black screen with active cursor Only thing it permits me to do is a PC recovery but I don t want to because I don t want to lose my files What can I do Do I have to take it to a computer shop nbsp

A:Black Screen, Active Cursor

Do you see "VGA Mode" when you boot into Safe Mode? If you do, select it, and restart the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-active-cursor.136060/
Relevancy 27.52%

Ok so we ve been handed the Directory Problems Server Active 2003 task of Server 2003 Active Directory Problems setting up Active Directory for my school We currently have servers that have Server Standard edition I m trying to set up my first server which will be the Domain Controller the other will also be domain controllers The name of our domain is catz k ca us The server has a static IP set and I m having a problem with DNS We DO NOT have a dns server at our campus Our DNS is supplied by the county so all the schools near us use the same DNS ip the server is in the city next to us about miles away The setup looked pretty straight forward I ran DCPROMO and then when it came time to test for DNS it failed I got an error saying this quot Diagnostic Failed The registration diagnostic has been run time Warning Domain Controller functions like joining a domain logging onto a domain and Active Directory replication will not be available until the DNS infrastructure for Active Directory is correctly configured The wizard encountered an error while trying to determine if the DNS server with which this domain controller will register supports dynamic updates For more information including steps to correct this problem see Help Details The primary DNS server tested was catz k ca us The zone was catz k ca us The test for dynamic DNS update support returned quot DNS bad key quot error code x RCODE BADKEY I m not sure what i ve done wrong I ve done pretty much everything by the book and I m just wondering if there s a problem because we re not using our own DNS server Our DNS server is in fact but for some reason it s giving me that error I ve tried selecting the option that says quot Let DCPROMO fix this problem etc quot and it DOES work but it takes minutes for my test users to login Can anyone help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Server 2003 Active Directory Problems

You need to have the DNS localized to your systems, but it is not a FULL blown all encompassing system -- just the local SERVER addresses will be there.
You then configure it to perform and external referral to whatever full DNS you please.

Depending upon how the client systems are used, you can have them entered into your DNS when they login and removed with they logout.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-2003-active-directory-problems.130731/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, :wave:

Situation:
I have a printer (Epson Stylus CX4300).
and I don't have colored ink anymore,
but I have black ink.

I don't use colored ink..
I often use black only.

but I can't print even I have black ink,
I changed it to black and white mode,
but it doesn't print
it always says that "replace cartridge"
but I'm not printing colored,
and I only need to print black.

Questions:
1. Can I print black and white even I don't have
colored cartridge?

2. What is the reason why I can't print black and white even I have black Ink?is it because colored ink is also needed in printing black and white?

3. What are the other ways of printing black and white without colored ink?

Details:
Printer: Epson Stylus CX4300

Thank you very much!
PortalTreaf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-cx4300-ink-cartridge.126426/
Relevancy 28.38%

I recently took Internet connection in my PC.From then onwards whenever I use Internet my volume control shows the message"No active mixer device available.Go to control panel-add hardware-and add mixer device".I have checked my pc for audio devices they are all working fine.The warning tones and other windows sound works fine.Only whenever i try to play any media file no sound comes out.After I restart my computer or rollback to my previous driver or update my sound driver then sound comes.PLZ HELP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-device.124713/
Relevancy 28.38%

Twice my PC has crashed Emachine W since I bought it back in the day Restore drive doesn t seem to work so I borrowed a copy of Windows Home for reinstall As Home wasn t the original OS I had to go and locate lost drivers Got it to work again last time This time however mixer No available active devices i am having issues with the sound card There are no active mixer devices available it says Device Manager says I have Legacy Audio drivers No drop down Unknown PCI Device ----------- PCI No active mixer devices available Simple Communications Controller ----------- Video Controller VGA Compatible Computer has a built in sound card Intel detection software says I am running Intel R GV Express Chipset Family I have been up for days beating my head on the wall trying to figure out what i did last time to regain my sound but im afraid no luck Please help save an innocent computer from its destiny with the dump Yes I realize the OS i installed didnt have the chipset drivers I needed but as I stated earlier I had no disk Secondary drive non operable and have done this reinstall before and managed the fix I just cant seem to remember how nbsp

A:No active mixer devices available

I would try the 945G IntelŪ Chipset Software
Installation Utility on this page: http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-020683.htm

If that doesn't work, read the link towards the bottom of the page on Audio Driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-devices-available.121972/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello and good morning I have Windows and am getting a recurring issue that is keeping me from doing Windows X Error Active Computer 2000 My virtually anything on this computer When I start up the computer and then click on My Computer icon I get the following error message and cannot see any of the drives nor move any folders s Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page As a result this page may Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000 not display correctly ame thing happens in Windows Explorer and Internet explorer I ve tried some troubleshooting in the run REGEDIT area to no avail In addition I ve tried opening internet explorer internet options going to the securities tab and there s a big red minus sign and the settings are quot stuck quot on high when I try to change the security level for my computer to medium or medium low etc it quot takes quot but after i hit apply then okay and close out of the window same thing When I try to go back in to the options securities section it s stuck on high again Any ideas Much appreciated nbsp

A:Active X Error My Computer Windows 2000

win2000 has kill-bit controls and this KB loads several of them
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS08-023.mspx

if you can use the command prompt, then the installer would/should run.
Download the update to another system and then access it remotely on a share
or use a thumbdrive to move it to your win2000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x-error-my-computer-windows-2000.112396/
Relevancy 28.38%

After downloading a installing a program (active sync) my connection got VERY slow on my computer, when i did a system restore thing returned to normal, but after installing the program everything went away (task maneger-network says "no active network adapter) , but the wireless network is working so i know there is a network connection.

A:No Active Network Adapter

you need to be more specific to get help
1. what are your system specs, computer make/model/memory/disk/ What OS and version are you running

2, Need be more specific w/that "no active adapter" message as not familiar from the task manager. capture it and post a pic of it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-network-adapter.108152/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

Basically, whenever i try to get sound that message comes up.

I think it happened when i removed something off 'add/remove programs.' I thought it was something else, but i believe it was something that i definately do need!
I have microsoft XP.

Any ideas??? I'm in the middle of a music degree so i need a cure to this ASAP.

Many thanks in advance.

A:No active mixer devices available - been seaching but can't find answer

if you're using the on-board sound,re-install the sound driver (CD)
that comes with your motherboard.

if you're using a PCI sound card,re-install the driver (CD) that comes
with the product or go to your hardware manufacturer's website
& download the latest version of the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-devices-available-been-seaching-but-cant-find-answer.105640/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I am a complete newbie to window server though get Can't Directory Active GPO work Editor to with I had manage to install it without any real issue I had put up Active Directory and get a client xp to join its domain and I m really impress with what it does since my purpose of wanting to use server was just for Centralizing our small company files now here come the whole day headaches I wanted to apply the Group Policy s permission restriction for each individual user to work with Active Directory but I can t seem to get it right no matter how hard try Let say User Clients whose connect to domain can only access a specific Folder but not User and User can Can't get GPO Editor to work with Active Directory access a specific Folder but not restricted for User user can t access it s local control panel user can t save or create file on desktop and so forth Can someone please walk me through step by step on how to achieve this very issue please help me out nbsp

A:Can't get GPO Editor to work with Active Directory

Hmm.. So what's with the subject? Can you actually create policies and suchlike?

For folder access you don't need policies. Filesystem access is set in the security tab of the folder properties. You can give and revoke access by users and groups no problem. (Or do you want to restrict this folder on a lot of computers at once?)

Before you can do anything with GPOs, you have to download and install the management utility: gpmc.msi Play around with it a little and see some guides about it on the net.

A step by step how to would be pointless because you would miss a lot of essential facts about group policies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-gpo-editor-to-work-with-active-directory.98046/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys. I didnīt find a printers section on the forum so i hope someone could help me out here. See, i have this old stylus color II printer. It printed well since it was here about 8 years (man this thing is older, i guess 1995 but still rocks)...a few months ago i printed 2 book with it (thats its normal task, to print some books i often like) but i used refilled generic cartridges from a loooooong time ago since this cartridges are not manufactured any longer. So, it started printing blury at the end...and i kept that way. I've cleaned the head about 30 times and still prints missaligned dots and i cant get it to print clear as it was doing 200 pages before. I dont thing head is dead, i know its clogged but i cant manage to get it clean again. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

A:Epson Stylus Color II blurry printing

Try the print head realignment procedure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-color-ii-blurry-printing.97494/
Relevancy 27.95%

We want to sit ont the couch with wireless keyboards controlling two seperate computers sharing one Large HD monitor at the same time

Can this be done, we want to run two computers at the same time, with both having active open windows on one large, wide HD screen.

A:2 active computers on one wide screen

The Large HD Monitor needs to have two inputs and split screen feature as you see on CNN and other programs that have the feature. Bloomberg PCs have such a feature well the new ones do. Most LCD/Plasma allows you to have to inputs on the screen using PIP (Picture In Picture).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-active-computers-on-one-wide-screen.91621/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an Epson stylus photo 750 that has started printing photos with very fine horizontal lines. I have performed all the options in the utilites section but to no avail. The only thing I can think of doing next is trying some dedicated cleaning cartridges. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be the cause, and more importantly, how to fix it?
I'ts been a brilliant printer up to now, and ink is silly cheap, so I'd be very sad to have to bin it...

A:Horizontal lines on Epson stylus photo 750

Have you tried installing new ink cartridges?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-lines-on-epson-stylus-photo-750.89817/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am looking for a little help. Here is what I am looking to do:

I am working on a Windows 2003 server. It is a Domain Controller so it holds a copy of the Active Directory. I have several security groups created - no distribution groups. I have another sever that serves as the file server. I want to know if there is a way to pick a security group and find every file or directory that they have access to.

If anyone knows of anything please land a hand.

Thanks,
OnePCTech

A:Windows 2003 Active Directory Users/Groups

Yes. If you are administrator, use the administrative manual... it is all a matter of how you set it up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-2003-active-directory-users-groups.82698/
Relevancy 28.81%

I wasn't sure what subforum to put this under, so I guess its more of a videop issue so it goes here? Anyway, for some reason I'm unable to change my desktop background. When I go into properties and desktop, the box with different backgrounds is in gray and and i cant click on, or scroll through it. Is there anything that would be preventing this? Also, I keep getting my background turning to an Active Desktop Recovery Screen, when after repeatedly checking, I dont have an active desktop(checked under custommize desktop/web) running. Is there some sort of program I dont know about causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Active Desktops

Do you have multiple user accounts set up on your computer? If so, log in under an administrator account (the main one) and check permissions for the account in question. If your computer is on a domain (eg. in an office) talk to your sysadmin about getting your ADS permissions changed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-desktops.76805/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey there I am at my parents house trying to figure out a problem they are having Basically me and my dad both have wireless macbooks and my sister has a wireless laptop of some sort My brothers computer is a wired desktop and is attched right to Wireless computer active drop Connections when Wired their router It is a wrt G router It seems sometimes that all of us can be connected at the same time but most of the time if the desktop Wireless Connections drop when Wired computer active is plugged into the router no one else can connect It does work sometimes it deffinetly does not work if he is using Wireless Connections drop when Wired computer active a bit torrent client But it is weird since I can be using a bit torrent client on my macbook and my sister can on her pc laptop and have no bad effects Have any of you heard anything about a router giving priority to the wired connections over the wireless We can all connect to the router when this happens but we cannot get on the net or transfer stuff around Thanks Cory nbsp

A:Wireless Connections drop when Wired computer active

You need to update the firmware of the Linksys wrt54G.

Make sure ALL wireless systems are accessing in the same mode,
either B or G, but don't allow a mix.

bit torrent access is always a problem -- the router starts to drown in traffic.
When it's only your wireless systems, you're limited by the wireless rates,
and the router gets a chance to 'come up for air'. When the desktop starts
bit torrents, it consumes as much of the router bandwidth as possible and ...
glub-glub, you need a lifegurard

There is no cheap means to control which systems get how much of the bandwidth!

One alternative would be to get a wireless adaptor for the desktop and let
everyone have their fair share of the pool.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connections-drop-when-wired-computer-active.74558/
Relevancy 28.81%

my audio doesnt work.. when i go to volume control, it says that there's no active mixer device available. ive been using the same computer for months and the audio works just fine and now it doesnt. ive reinstalled window xp and still nothing. sound driver is nowhere to be found (which is realtek AC97 audio) and its not listed on the "sound, video and game controller" caterogy in device manager.. though audio Codecs, Legacy audio drivers, Legacy video capure divice, media control device..etc are listed but no AC97 audio.

things ive tried:

1. reinstalled the sound driver.
2. update driver
3. system restore
4. checked BIOS and AC97 audio is in auto

i dont know what else to try, so please help..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-mixer-help-please.74500/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I have an epson stylus 740 set up on my old pc which i just installed windows xo pro onto, the printer prints ok, but not what i want.
If i was to print anything eg. a small picture, the printer prints infinate pages with gibberish code on the top of each one, and no picture.

Any help would be great. Im stumped.

A:Epson stylus printing GIBBERISH !!!

You didn't mention what you did regarding printer drivers. If you haven't already go to the Epson site, download and install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-printing-gibberish.67420/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi All I am new to this ext. hard mixer and detect USB available" "There are drive doesn't devices active no community and this "There are no active mixer devices available" and USB doesn't detect ext. hard drive is the first time i am posting My computer doesn t show volume control in system tray and Audio is completely gone When I tried to get that from accessories it gives me a message that there are no active mixer devices available and tells me to go to control panel and add hardware Let me tell you what I have done so far I ran msconfig and found quot Windows Audio quot and it was okay since there was check mark besides it Alternately I ran SystemRoot system services msc which takes me to the same place and everything seems okay Then in control panel - sounds and audio devices - volume tab completely grayed out on audio and voice tab it says the default device is modem line play back I don t know why and same thing for sound recording I have been working on this for days but can t figure out Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated And also none of my USB seems working and doesn t detect any connections like my external hard drive Hoping "There are no active mixer devices available" and USB doesn't detect ext. hard drive to hear some solution Thanks nbsp

A:"There are no active mixer devices available" and USB doesn't detect ext. hard drive

Sometimes, it takes a reformat and reinstall to get things working. Others here will have solutions that will sometimes work temporarily. But the complete reformat and reinstall is the most reliable, we have found.
Do you use a USB printer - scan - fax - copier? We find that there is some sort of relationship with this problem you describe, and certain Epson, HP, and Lexmark multifunction printers and USB failures. In those cases, a total uninstall and removal from the registry, then reinstall from downloads seems to be a good fix. In others, the multi-function printer never works right again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-mixer-devices-available-and-usb-doesnt-detect-ext-hard-drive.70291/
Relevancy 28.38%

This bus. has 3 DC & DHCP servers located in three different locations. Because of a hardware failure and other reasons, one server was not communicating to the other 2 servers. So the AD information got out of sync between that server's AD and the other 2 servers. Now all three servers are communicating to each other, but the AD on that one server would not replicate to the other two. Worse yet, the AD on that one server contains the most current information, users wise.

I am thinking of demoting the two unaffected servers and pushing the AD from the the one server to the other two servers, then promoting them back up as peer servers. But before I do, I thought I'd some thoughts and feedback from oters. So any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanksssssss.

cc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-directory-not-replicating.61369/
Relevancy 28.38%

I Am Unable To Get Sound From My Speakers. When I Try To Adjust The Volume I Get The Message "there Are No Active Mixer Devices Available. I Have A Gateway 838gm Computer And The Sound Was Ok. I Have Not Done Anything To Cause Problems!

Can Anyone Tell Me What To Do?

Thank You---joyce

A:active mixer devices

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The first thing you should try is reinstalling your sound drivers.

Go HERE for the drivers.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-mixer-devices.57564/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi Guys I have a user on our network who is experiencing an unusual problem When any user on our network leaves their machine for more than five minutes it locks their machine requiring their login or an admins credentials to unlock the machine This particular user has an issue where when her machine locks out no matter what credentials she supplies it will not unlock her machine She is a thin client user connecting to our Citrix Out Locking Active Directory Problem farm and I have to reset her session for her to be able to use her machine again I initially thought the issue was a password Active Directory Locking Out Problem discrepency on our domain controllers but I have manually reset her password on each DC to no effect Occasionally if she tries enough times it will let her in however another strange thing is that after five failed login attempts the users AD account should get locked This doesn t happen for her when trying to unlock her terminal and it repeatedly fails I m stumped as to what the issue is and any suggestions are welcome I ve even tried getting her to type out her password in her username box in case her keyboard wasn t working properly but it is working as it should Edit She has tried on other thin clients too and the same occurs Help Thanks Z nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-directory-locking-out-problem.53510/
Relevancy 33.11%

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
GHX Card: EVGA Geforce 7900GTX
Monitor: Spectre X20G-NAGA III

I have recently started building a new omputer and I have run into a problem. The computer turns on but when I look at the monitor, an message pops up showing a picture of this: Monitor ---> X --->Tower (Basically meaning that it has no connection to the computer) I find that intresting though because I have everything plugged in and in the right slots.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

A:No Signal Message (Spectre Monitor)

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

We need to back up a bit first. Open up your case and have a look.

When the system is not turned on, there is an LED light on your board. Can you see it? What color is it? When you hit the power button, tell us EXACTLY what happens. Any fans spinning? Does the color of that light change? Any beeps from the system?

Did you connect the power connector to your graphics card?

How many watts is your PSU (and what make is it)?

Tell us some more about your ram. What size and speed are the ram? How many sticks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-message-spectre-monitor.50598/
Relevancy 35.26%

[COLOUR=Navy]xxx[/COLOUR] can anyone help m wi had my printer ofver 12 moth now easily but dont use it too often i went to use it the other day and i got a messege up saying that the parts in my printer had past their life expectancy, man that sounds bad, anyways i was told that i could download a fix of some kind to sort it out, does anyone have any suggestions, it would be well appriciated. thanx fretti

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-c44ux-help.44836/
Relevancy 35.26%

I my regarding Epson c84 questions Several Stylus don t usually see printer questions on these forums but hopefully I can post them Firstly Several questions regarding my Epson Stylus c84 I am fed up with the speed at which my printer seems to be using ink It seems to run out unbelievably fast and i ve read somewhere that the Epson Status Monitor tells the user it s out of ink when in fact there is at least still remaining Several questions regarding my Epson Stylus c84 I agree with this Is there a work around to this problem or maybe an alternative to the Epson Status Monitor Also I am thinking about buying some new inks but I feel it would be better to purchase them online rather than in stores because of the huge price difference I am thinking of purchasing from www bigink co uk but I am unsure on what the quality is like because as far as i m aware they are not official cartridges Has anyone had any success with cartridges that arn t branded by Epson I am also stuck to decide whether I should buy a pack of sets of cartridges all colours obviously from here http www bigink co uk products php arg productid amp name Epson compatible Pack of sets or a pack of two sets of high capacity cartridges from here http www prink co uk ink-cartridges pages epsonc photo htm I don t know how much ink in ml is in the basic Epson cartridges so I can t work out which would be the better option Can anyone help me here Anyway any help is appreciated for all my questions nbsp

A:Several questions regarding my Epson Stylus c84

You can go through the ink cartridge replacement thing through epson status monitor and just pop your old ones out and put them back in, that sometimes tricks it into thinking there is still more left in the cartridge. It works most of the time for me, but you do run out for real shortly after.

As far as buying cheap ink, I've ordered a lot of cheap ink from www.tylermartin.com for various epson printers. They are great for printing out stuff for yourself or papers to turn in if you are a student. I would not recommend them for photos, the color is usually fine but the problem arises over time - the ink fades in color, espically in sunlight, much more so than Epson branded ink. Perhaps the kind you are looking at won't do that, but if it smells like rubbing alcohol when it comes out of the printer I wouldn't use it for photos.

I can't answer the cartridge capacity part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-questions-regarding-my-epson-stylus-c84.43743/
Relevancy 35.26%

I put the cd for the printer in and it says please insert the usb from the printer and turn it on... it detects the printer and then installs all the software for it.

Then when i try to print somthing it will not work... test pages do not work also

.... it has worked on other computers

My oporating system : xp pro
RAM : 512mb
processor pentium 4 3.06ghz
graphics card : 256mb ram nvidea

This sould be more than enough to handle a printer.

I have also tryed re installing windows from scratch and trying to then install the printer, i still get the same result.

Cable works, Printer Works , no paper jams etc,Brand new+working cartridges, installed drivers...

What should i do?????????/ help plz

A:Epson Stylus Photo 900

Try another USB-port. See if you have both USB 1.1 and USB 2.0.
If you use a hub, put the cable directly in the PC, it might not get enough 'juice'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-photo-900.36641/
Relevancy 28.81%

hello everyone
when partitioning my hard drive I did not set the primary dos drive as active so I now get an error saying cannot read fixed disk. How do I now set the primary dos drive as active. Am ruuning windows 98

A:no active partition set

Use your favourite partitioning tool. They all allow to set partitions active. With what did you do your partitioning in the first place?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-active-partition-set.22580/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have had a SC printer connectedin a network using PrintSir print server for several years Today while printing a PDF from Arcobat Reader some troubles appeared The PDF itself took too long to print about minutes one A It stopped for about ten minutes then printed one third of the paper and stopped again Finally it printed the file out The quality was usual I have set the printer driver to BLACK to have BW output Afterwards I wanted to print out a DWG file from ProgeSoft IntelliCAD I ve never done it before The printer started printing immediately but the output was BW however it wans t supposed to be All colors were printed in black even pure C M or Y and the print took too long The printing head mover very fast but the paper hardly moves It seems like a very detailed printing method After about minutes the printing was finished and the outpud 3000 slowly black all Stylus and in Epson prints COLOR quality was usual There was no distortion or skew but Epson Stylus COLOR 3000 prints all in black and slowly all the colors were black Since then all the printings look like that - regardless of the software I m printing from I ve changed the printserver and tried even the original LPT cable No change I plugged the printer into different computer and tried original windows driver No change I ve tried it under windows XP Pro windows XP Home Windows and now i m about to try even Linux There was no change But when I press reset button on the printer it starts to print usual ASCII data in PROPER speed so there cannot be any mechanical error It seems to me as a problem of the printer s firmware nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-color-3000-prints-all-in-black-and-slowly.19600/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have been doing some work at a Library and one of the tasks is setting up Active Directory I have never setup Folder Redirection before but I am literally doing it exactly how everyone has told me to do it and how every page online explains it has to be done yet when a user logs on Redirection Folder Active Directory in from any machine even the AD server itself Folder Redirection does not work Nothing happens at all The main task is to get My Document s for each user to be placed at SERVER user username In the settings I have set the Folder Redirection for SERVER user username Now I am sure that I am setting this up correctly but I think I am missing something else that needs to be done possibly Also another thing is I have created a Visual Basic script which is executed when a user log s on The Folder Redirection in Active Directory script works perfectly when Folder Redirection in Active Directory any user in the Lib Staff group log s on from the AD server itself but not from ANY other computer Including and XP machines Neither execute the script If the script is ran manually from any machine it works completely fine but the script will not execute automatically at logon like it should What am I missing Yes the server has been rebooted nbsp

A:Folder Redirection in Active Directory

Can't help you with the folder redirection :\

As for the logon scrpt, I assume the netlogon share is set up properly and the script placed in the right directory. It may be that running remote vbs scripts is disabled. Try with a simple batch file as the login script to eliminate problems with server-network-client setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/folder-redirection-in-active-directory.13877/
Relevancy 35.26%

I cant seem to find drivers anywhere on the net for the above named printer.

Has anyone else had this printer working in XP?

Would it be worth me installing drivers for the 440 as that is supported in xp?

A:Espon Stylus Color 460 in XP?

Windows XP has built-in drivers for older Epson printers, and they are just as good as the original Epson drivers. If your printer has a USB connection, then that would be the best way to connect it and installation of drivers will be automatic. If you are using parallel connection, then you'll have to add a new printer manually using the 'add printer' wizard (just right-click in the printer and faxes folder and select the wizard). The Epson 460 driver is available in WinXP Sp1, I just checked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/espon-stylus-color-460-in-xp.7419/
Relevancy 24.51%

I m "Active Domain Directory shutdown Services local unavailable" PC. Can't trying to remotely shutdown another PC in my home from my Desktop PC My Desktop PC is bit Win Home but I don t think it matters since a Google search shows every version of Windows AFTER XP has this problem I have the Win Preview running on a computer in another room I d like to be able to shut it down remotely from my primary Win computer To do this I run quot shutdown I quot from the command prompt The dialog appears but when I try to quot Browse quot the network for the other PC I get an error message telling me quot Active Directory Domain Services unavailable quot This happens whether I do this from the Win PC or the Win PC so I know it s not a hardware or OS specific thing It also happens if I try to do the same directly from the CLI I don t want to have to setup a Server just to do this one tiny thing Any ideas TIA nbsp

A:Can't shutdown local PC. "Active Directory Domain Services unavailable"

When you say remotely do you mean Remote Desktop? If so, have you tried pressing Ctrl_Alt_End and then clicking on shutdown?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-shutdown-local-pc-active-directory-domain-services-unavailable.214692/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi people. I recently installed W7 SP1 and am having trouble viewing/interacting with many websites. e.g. my banking website I use, when I left click on a icon that should fold down menu options it does nothing. On other websites /forums the 'post' button doesn't. On some I will copy some text and it wont paste etc... im thinking my active x controls are to blame as when I first visited many websites I declined the use of them on some?
After installing W7 I have downloaded/installed all MS updates, and the latest antiviris/malware, adobe reader, flash-player and java.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Active X controls not working?

Have you tried to view the websites in which you have issues with "Compatibility Mode"?

IE instructions:
Go to Website in question.
Press Alt to bring up menu.
Go to Tools > Compatibility View Settings > press "Add" and close the dialog box.
Try to use the website again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x-controls-not-working.200581/
Relevancy 27.95%

I want to track all my AD logs also It should give full audit of changes/modifications/deletions made to active directory and can I filter these changes by administrator who made them?
Any Input would be appreciated

A:Active Directory Auditing software

On the AD Server, locate the log(s) of interest

right-click->properties->Security Tab
click Advanced button at the bottom
on the Auditing Tab click Add
insert user id or group id to monitor
scroll to find Create Files / Write Data [x] and
Create Folders / Append Data [x]

audit will be in the Event Viewer and there are scripting tools to extract specific events of your choice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-directory-auditing-software.194706/
Relevancy 34.83%

Where can I get a driver for Epson stylus Dx8400 that runs windows 8.1?

A:Epson Stylus DX8400 Printer

Try here:
http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pr...wK3H59QU002FD7+jDrtG3V79kDywiFs7yZ8U003D&tc=6

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-dx8400-printer.208623/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm trying to convince some friends on why they need to use Firefox instead of IE. I tried to explain it,but since I only know its not good, I need easy to understand info on it. Thanks.

A:Need info on Active X

What version of IE are they using? IE9 is actually ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-info-on-active-x.184803/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have two Cyberpower PCs running Windows XP Home. The newest one's hard drive is constantly active (the yellow "active" light on the drive blinks every 1 - 2 seconds).

I have installed and ran Spybot Search-and-Destroy to eliminate tracking threats. Still the hard drive pulses away. The older Cyberpower acts normally. The hard drive shows activity when I would expect it.

Is there a utility that can tell me what application is generating all this hard drive activity?

Thanks.

A:Hard Drive constantly active

This is hardly something that can be called "constantly active" and it is quite normal with Windows XP. It can be any of the murky background tasks that run constantly. Most likely it is the indexing service building up its database. It should stop after all the updates have been made.

You shouldn't worry, this sort of activity doen't wear down your HD - it actually works only maybe about 0.1% of the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-constantly-active.10034/
Relevancy 28.81%

I wanted to use an online website, with a web cam to view our city project. I also wanted to download to Meijers photo lab photo printing services.
A message came up to download "ACTIVE X CONTROL". " message =also, if you do there is a risk to Windows "..
What is Active X Control? What harm can it do to Windows???

A:Active X Control

Take a look HERE for info about Active-X.

Only download an Active_X control if you are sure that you trust the originating website.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x-control.41141/
Relevancy 28.81%

There's a message at the top about the website wanting to run Windows Media Player and to click on the "ActiveX Control". Is it okay to do that? What's strange is that Windows Media Player is enabled (I viewed my Add-ons to see if it is listed & it shows as being enabled & that it runs w/o requiring permission) and I have that icon in the lower left of my desktop. I don't know if I should click on the option "ActiveX Control." Any suggestions? The OS is Vista.

A:Active X?

What website?
But usually ok, if you are trying to view some movie or something

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x.115963/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello

I am currently trying to download the latest version of Adobe Flash player from the Adobe site and just before the installation I get the below popup in IE7

"Internet Explorer blocked this site from using an activeX control in an unsafe manner"

I have tried the following:
Adjusted the security settings in IE7
Downloaded and installed a standalone version
Downloaded the latest XPP and IE updates

Can anyone think of anything else other than installing another web browser?

A:Internet Explorer 7 Active X control

I'm not really sure.. The only thing i can think of is you're not on the official Adobe site?
Click here and try Adobe Flash
Or here's a direct link to the download from the Adobe site

I also highly suggest you use a different browser to IE. Try Opera

Hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-explorer-7-active-x-control.101227/
Relevancy 27.95%

In my control panel, the Adobe Active X flash player 9 has a red cross on the top right corner of its icon in the program list in Control panel. I am having some problem with BSoD 0x000000050 lately so I am trying to rule out possibilities. Anyone know whether this red crossed flashplayer would cause a blue screen or no? or how to fix this? I reinstalled IE 7 and it appears the same. Much appreciated.

A:Problem with Adobe Active X player

Yes, it can, but likely not.
Remove and reinstall the Adobe file, using add and remove, then reboot to re-install. Adobe has an irritating (to me) install system, that allows the install to pause and restart, based on available resources. Install it while it has time, as it is a large file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-adobe-active-x-player.97418/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,

Does anyone know about a virus that displays the phrase "You are made active" when receiving a email.

Thanx!!

A:You are made active

Looks like it could be a virus. Look at this. I wouldn't open it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-are-made-active.20212/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello All I am running is processes closed .EXE program remain active after a WIN XP SP For about a month now I have been noticing that several of my commonly used programs such as Outlook Word IExplorer and PixInsight - an astrophotography processing program - still have active processes in the Program Manager after I have successfully closed the program via the quot X quot GUI After there are two to three process ghosts running I am no longer able to start the same program again until I manually end all of the processes in Program Manager or reboot I have had it suggested that it is the cause of a Win virus but I do not seem to have the added to kb tacked on to the process - not that I would know if there were extra resources being used in .EXE processes remain active after program is closed the first place I run Norton on a daily basis and the best it has ever come up with are various low risk tracking cookies It will quot fix quot the threats but I will see them reappear a few days later I am thinking several of these are associated with ads and the like There is one cookie that is not identified however I of course would very much like to not have to reinstall Windows if at all possible Thanks for taking a look Cheers Adam nbsp

A:.EXE processes remain active after program is closed

Try running Spybot Seach & Destroy (FREEWARE). YOu may find something tying up your CPU (trojan).

Also try SSI (System Spyware Interogator).
I have experienced lags in my shutdowns. One biggest lag is Spybot takes time to shut down.LOL How much memory do you have? Low memory, with many porgrams open causes lags in shutdowns. What is your Virtural Memory SET at.? Not having enough virtual memory can cause lagging in the system. Do you run a registry cleaner every other day? Try Eusing Free Registry Cleaner. Try Argente FREE Registry cleaner (BETTER). Try a Registry Defragger.. Perhaps your CPU is failing, cause it too hot? Perhaps your Memory is failing and losing values of stored data. Perhaps you have virus/trojan/spyware. Why do you use OUTLOOK. I only use it to send out, but never receive. People Hack it to easily, and it is a trojan/Virus bomb waiting to happen..

Before I got on the web the first time, I found windows delaying shutdowns. Increasing my virtual mem two to three times as much has improved my computer response. Some of The programs you are running, put a burden on the cpu, and if you are running virus software, antispyware, etc all at the same time, you will see delays in processes shutting down. I personally go into TaskManager and END processes.. Regardless, there are many things that can cause your Windows to run badly.. Or respond slowly. And one is shutting your computer off, or losing power and not having a normal shutdown, with the WRite Behind Cache set Enabled on your harddrive. I found out, after installing 50 programs on my computer and having the power cut off about 5 or 6 times, my computer was extremely slow.
After re-installing to a CLEAN setup, and changing my settings as mention, I now have over 50 programs installed, and run 10 windows open on the web with 128megs of ram, and find only a small lag, while running Sandboxie and ZA, with Spybot too, at times..
I also noticed the computer runs better before adding the UPdates up to SP2, and everyone is saying sp3 really screws up your computer.
I forgot to add one of the biggest things that may be the biggest problem with Windows XP, and the is, Windows itself...
later..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/exe-processes-remain-active-after-program-is-closed.111156/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have just recently had my boot sector corrupted so I could not access my HDD, I have 2 500 GB HDD and had them in RAID 0

Active undelete has helped me piece back my RAID on the two HDD and has recovered most of the files I lost...however, it doesnt seem to recover .mkv, .avi files etc

I was wondering if anyone knew how to go around this or recommend a good data recovery software that could recover these types of files and support RAID 0.
I heard runtime.org was good, however the RAID reconstructor requires you to copy whole HDD onto another drive and I do not have the resources to get another 2 500 GB HDD!

If anyone can help then Thank you!

A:Active undelete supported formats

a good software for you!

I recommand you a good data recovery software: Data Recovery Wizard .

It provides Partition Recovery from FAT12, FAT16, VFAT, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5 file system.
Supports IDE/ATA, SATA, SCSI, USB, Fire wire (IEEE1394) hard drive and other media such as Floppy disk, USB flash drive, Digital camera, Digital audio player and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-undelete-supported-formats.57450/
Relevancy 27.52%

I was on the internet with my HP notebook and it froze then I got the blue screen of death It said quot beginning dump of physical memory quot After that it wouldnt load bast the Windows w/ cursor now only Repaired XP, black active screen XP logo screen with blue loading bar My virus program expired so it could be a virus Repaired XP, now only black screen w/ active cursor So I put in my OS cd that came with the computer and tried to repair XP After I did that the computer starts its boot with the gray loading bar like it wasnt shut down properly and takes forever to get past it Then it starts to boot like normal but after the Windows XP logo screen with blue loading bar it goes to a black screen and thats it I have a cursor that I can move around but nothing else Please help I have many important files and pictures I would like to save PS After the repair didnt work I re-booted with the CD and the other option was to install a new copy of XP but it warned not to install two OS s on one partition and the other partition is too small Is there anything I can do here or is there a completely different way to fix this problem Thanks nbsp

A:Repaired XP, now only black screen w/ active cursor

same problem here. any luck?

have any luck fixing that? I have same issue. with same results doing all repair type funcitons.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repaired-xp-now-only-black-screen-w-active-cursor.88651/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello there I ve been a fan of this site for quite some time and have gotten some problems resolved just by searching the forums However my computer has recently developed a serious problem that I haven t been able to find a fix for It goes a little something like this Issue - On our shared desktop a family member will try to log into his her account and after a few seconds of loading settings the screen will go black and only the white cursor with screen XP/sudden Black partial on cursor active restart is visible Task manager can t be launched and no keyboard shortcuts will respond It will remain this way until manually turned off Sometimes it will allow someone to log on and access the internet after being Black screen with active cursor on XP/sudden partial restart booted up again but most often the screen will go black again after - minutes Issue - If it happens to be a good day and issue hasn t occurred yet someone might be able to watch a few videos or play a game for a short time then suddenly everything will go black and the tower makes the sound it does when it restarts But instead of restarting once again there is only a black screen this time without a moveable cursor and the fans can still be heard running We ve had this computer for about years with numerous common and usually easy to solve problems but this is leaving me clueless Automatic restart has been disabled full virus scan found nothing no new hardware or software has been installed recently and no other intentional changes have been made I m not sure what specs or other information to list here but any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Black screen with active cursor on XP/sudden partial restart

can you start the computer in safe mode and use it normally without it crashing?

what is the make, model, and age of the system? you could be looking at a bad power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-active-cursor-on-xp-sudden-partial-restart.149580/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am using Office XP and for some reason Outlook just started to take control of my active window. In other words when I have Outlook open, and I am typing on AOL, or something else, Outlook just takes control and acts like it is the active window. So whatever I am typing gets cut off as it goes to Outlook. This is very annoying, as I can only get a few sentences, or letters sometimes in, if I am lucky! I have to shut down Outlook when I am not checking my email, and that is annoying. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. As I said this just started happening and I have been using it for a long time. Thanks.

Oh yeah I am running WinXP if it matters

A:Outlook taking control of active window

Alright I figured out what the problem was. I happened to install some stupid voice recognition software. I haven't been using it for over a month and forgot all about it. Well long story short, I deleted it today, and wallaaah(sp??). Everything works ok now

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-taking-control-of-active-window.694/
Relevancy 27.52%

Our current Active Directory is currently on an old Dell PowerEdge that is running Windows 2000. I just built a new domain controller and wanted to migrate the Active Directory on the W2K box to the 2K3 box - does anyone know how I go about doing this? Are there any whitepapers or other docs out there that I can read regarding this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/migrating-active-directory-to-2003-server.105742/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am Blue - Death get of Epson Screen Stylus XP Home Connect RX620, running windows XP home on a Dell Dimension with MB of Ram a Pentium Ghz Bios A I run Norton Internet Security and Webroot Spy Sweeper My drive quot c quot has GB of free space I have tried installing an Epson Stylus RX The computer accepts the software but as soon as I connect the printer by USB it crashes to the Blue Screen I get the usual verbiage XP Home - Connect Epson Stylus RX620, get Blue Screen of Death from quot A problem has been detected quot right down to the point where it reads quot STOP x XP Home - Connect Epson Stylus RX620, get Blue Screen of Death E xC x xF C A C xF A with no further explanation or identification of the error I have no problem re-starting and getting into Windows I contacted Epson who first told me to install without Norton and Spy Sweeper running I did plugged in the printer hit test print and crashed They then said to go in thorugh MSCONFIG use selective startup and reboot then turn on printer I did XP Home - Connect Epson Stylus RX620, get Blue Screen of Death and crashed Rebooted and removed software They then told me to go into the BIOS and change USB Emulation to quot No Boot quot which doesn t exist I chose off and to dis I reobooted able USB Legacy which was not there I rebooted reinstalled the software plugged inthe USB cable to the printer and crashed Any suggestions nbsp

A:XP Home - Connect Epson Stylus RX620, get Blue Screen of Death

What happens if you just reboot with the printer plugged in? Just leave it in all the time.

The only reason Epson tells you to do all their crap and then plug in the printer is so that the drivers will already be on your local hard drive so XP shoudl find the drivers when the printer is connected. So since you've already done that step, just restart with the printer already connected and on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-home-connect-epson-stylus-rx620-get-blue-screen-of-death.44806/
Relevancy 27.52%

A coworker recently got married and I need to change her name and email in Active Directory. We are running Standard Server 2003, and Exchange 2003. Can anyone tell me the correct steps to follow?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-user-name-in-active-directory-2003.37797/
Relevancy 27.52%

We are using computers with Windows XP and have a server running Windows Server 2000. What we are trying to do is keep them from going into standby everytime the power button is pressed in. We have changed the power options on the account we are logging into on and are wondering if the server is forcing down a power policy. Is there a way to enforce power policies over a domain, as of now the power policies keep being overwritten. (This is for our school we need immediate support so take your time. We have an entire other semester to fix this.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enforcing-power-policy-with-active-directory.19933/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am running OS ME, and when I turned on my computer this morning, all of my icons where gone on my desktop except my computer, IE, Trash, and Network neighborhoood.

WHen I try to open any program, like my computer, the page remains blank and it says "your current security setting prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly."

The MY Computer page remains blank. When I try to open IE 5.5, nothing open. IN my properties (left clicking) the homepage is "??G" and I can't change it. Any ideas?

thanks

A:Active X deleting everything on ME

sounds like spyware(at least the hijacked homepage part) and possibly a virus or other malware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/active-x-deleting-everything-on-me.16918/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have been using Drive Image 2002 for some time over Norton Ghost running 2k.
NOW I'm getting my feet wet (not that I want to, mind you) with XP, mostly because the Laptop I just received has it installed. There is a security issue with XP that I can't seem to get around.
The program completes, but either there is NO file or the file can't be read. Norton has something on it, but I still can't get it to work because the 'security tab' isn't there:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...mage&ver=2002&src=sg&pcode=dimage&svy=&csm=no

A:Imaging a active partition in XP w/ Drive Image

Providing you are using WinXP Professional go into Windows Explorer, click TOOLS, FOLDER OPTIONS, VIEW, scroll to the last entry and remove the tick from USE SIMPLE FILE SHARING (RECOMMENDED) and click OK. Now when you right click and click properties, the Security tab is there. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imaging-a-active-partition-in-xp-w-drive-image.15575/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello everyone So on my work laptop yesterday i got disconnected from the network and upon trying to reconnect i had internet access but no network access ran through some diag was able to ping my other work domain domain contacted active An the could not be for directory controller station ip dns and dg where all fine checked for dns records issue none found so i removed it from the domain and tried re-adding it and this is where the problem is no matter what i do i cannot add this laptop on the domain i get full internet access on the network but no network access i know the Dns server is functioning perfectly and cant be the issue i have also flushed dns rebuilt tcp Ip stack and removed all lan and wlan profiles i am also getting a certificate error when An active directory domain controller for the domain could not be contacted trying to access the network on wlan Using my local admin here are some print screens of first the issue when trying to add the laptop back to the domain then Ping results to my DNS server after removing the machine from the domain it now no longer picking up the correct DNS server Would assigning a new DNS record resolve the issue he following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location SRV resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller AD DC for domain quot bareesc bareescentuals com quot The error was quot DNS name does not exist quot error code x B RCODE NAME ERROR The query was for the SRV record for ldap tcp dc msdcs bareesc bareescentuals com Common causes of this error include the following - The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bareesc bareescentuals com Description Intel R Ethernet Connection I -LM Physical Address -F - - - A- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba c f e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August AM Lease Expires Tuesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- F- - - -F - - - A- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ping to correct DNS servers C Users beops gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL C Users beops gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Its driving me crazy i ask about the DNS record fix as i dont have the current access to do it test it myself thanks

A:An active directory domain controller for the domain could not be contacted

Funny enough, we've found a handful of users on our network today unable to access local resources for the same reason!

Your DNS settings are being hijacked. They should point at your DC, but instead are pointed at a malicious DNS server hosted somewhere in Israel. Give your computer a good bath before letting play with the other children again.

We're currently in the process of mediation around here, too.

Hope that helps!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/an-active-directory-domain-controller-for-the-domain-could-not-be-contacted-1036417.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi y?all,
Lately i have been dealing with a lot of under performance of my notebook. The cause of that is of all the ads which are constantly popping up while browsing.
Therefore, I have been searching the web for tips and tricks/solutions to get a rid of these pop ups, however with no success.
So now I found this new forum page, and my question is: How can I get a rid of these pop ups and boost up my notebook (i7 processor) performance. Should I reset my laptop and restore to factory settings?
Thanks
Milton

A:Notebook spectre i7 processor running slow (ads pop up)

You are most likely infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the forum and not here please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/notebook-spectre-i7-processor-running-slow-ads-pop-up-1036625.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I'm running Win on a Samsung Z Notebook Yesterday my access to webpages through chrome - - access Suspected Active Browsers/Security Internet Win8 Virus cannot was cut off I switched over to Firefox without a hitch Today Firefox is also cut off -both browsers cite quot Unable to connect quot on any page Internet connection remains consistent - I'm provided by Comcast I can still connect to the internet through various gaming platforms and communications software Skype Steam B net Launcher League of Legends client which account for the majority of my computer internet usage Once both browsers were down I took a look at my active protection software McAfee Norton and noticed that Norton was also completely cut off from the internet A preliminary web search on my mobile device for troubleshoot requests by users who have encountered a similar problem leads me to believe that my computer is likely infected I'm a novice to such forums I hope I have provided enough information to start with thank you for taking the time to read this and for your assistance if provided I will be actively awaiting replies while I scour the articles section for tips on future prevention and recommended procedures activities software Warmly James

A:Win8 Internet Active - Browsers/Security cannot access - Virus Suspected

Issue resolved.

Did some more searching - removed Norton/McAfee and the browsers began to work again. I've installed Malwarebytes and ran a scan, it picked something up and deleted/quarantined it. In the process of installing Avira Antivirus and I plan to install additional resources mentioned in articles.

I don't understand why though - and I'd like some clarification on that. Why were those programs causing a complete shutdown of my internet browsing? Was it a safety measure in response to a threat? That would explain why removing them entirely gave me access again, but please grant me insight.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/win8-internet-active-browsers-security-cannot-access-virus-suspected-837937.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Dear Forum,

since a few days i have problems using my Flight Simulator X as well as Active Sky Next, sometimes, not permanent, completly unpredictable.

Faulting Module with FSX is the sim-intern dll sim1.dll but using the other Software Acitve Sky Next its "kernelbase.dll"

I added the logfile using sfc /scannow. It told me there were failures found, but it wasnt able to repair those problems. The problem is : I dont get anything out of these logfiles. Can you help me?
Thank you for your help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/378800-faulting-module-kernelbase-dll-active-sky-next.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E1200 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 38131 MB;
Motherboard: Packard Bell BV, MCP73VT-PM
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2015, Updated and Enabled

I was hoping someone can help me with my printer problem. After replacing the ink,nothing will print.The machine works alrite i think just that no ink will go on the paper. Where am i going wrong.????

A:Solved: Epson stylus c66 printer

Did you remove ALL of the protective coverings of the nibs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-epson-stylus-c66-printer.1143823/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello all hope you can help! I'll try to be concise.
I have a dell desktop (5120) I was running vista/xp dual boot. Xp was gettin old and clunky so clean installed with 7(home prem) for a change. Since decided to go back to vista/ vista as I like the way it runs on the PC.
So it now boots into the new installation of vista (primary) without the dual boot option. Seems to be because the old installation of vista is now a logical partition? I've tidied up the disk(7s system reserved partition was hanging around etc) so it's now just c (new) and d( old).
Is there any way I can dual boot these two ever again?
I also have a laptop vista/vista/xp and a PC 7/vista so I'm always messing, but this is the first time something this has happened to me.
Sorry for the rambling post.
TL/DR: partition gone logical. WWHHYYYY!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576204/active-logical-partition-problem/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have windows 8.1 no printer- active directory domain services is unavailable

A:no printer- active directory domain services is unavailable

Hi,
>>no printer- active directory domain services is unavailable
Before going further, would you please elaborate under what circumstances this happened? Did the printer previously work properly? At this moment, we can follow the reply provided by Leo Huang to troubleshoot this issue.
Can't print. Error message: Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1344a2ec-5ce1-4f8a-9534-9def4b2fd06a/cant-print-error-message-active-directory-domain-service-is-currently-unavailable?forum=w7itprogeneral
Best regards,
Frank Shen

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b225f0b-8e45-44dd-94f2-99f078173413/no-printer-active-directory-domain-services-is-unavailable?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 28.38%

I accidentally made another active partition on another hard drive. How do I deactivate that partition under windows (XP and Vista)?Thanks!

A:How to deactivate an active partition?

Hi,

You can use the following steps to de-active a active partition:

1. Open Command Prompt.
2.  Type: diskpart
3.  At the DISKPART prompt, type:  list disk  (This command will list all the disks that you have)
4.  In the next prompt, type: select disk # ( # means the number of the disk which contain the wrong active partition )
5.  At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition
6.  Use the command: select partition # (# means the number of the partition that you want to mark as active)
7.  Inactive the active partition with command: inactive

Important Note: We strongly recommend that perform a full backup before this procedure. 

By the way, there is a helpful article about disk management, for your reference:

Mark a partition as active (32-bit only)http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/65982abe-19cc-446b-8027-a00bed65abd91033.mspx?mfr=true

It?s about active a partition. However, the inactive process is almost same.

I hope it helps.-----------------------------Sincerely,Guozhen WangMicrosoft Online Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/af3a1e24-214f-4e0e-b917-9530a27534de/how-to-deactivate-an-active-partition?forum=itprovistasetup
Relevancy 27.09%

The problem that I'm having is that my mouse sporadically quot wont alt del Mouse until window, ctrl respond deselects active unfocuses quot my current active window when I click and will not interact with anything onscreen The computer isn't freezing you can still move the mouse but can t click on anything You also can t click and drag Also the mouse looks like a standard pointer not the spinning blue circle There is no visible active window it's as if there is an invisible window on top of everything Mouse deselects active window, wont respond until ctrl alt del else that stops the clicks from going through When this happens mousing over things doesn't provoke a response For instance - Mousing Mouse deselects active window, wont respond until ctrl alt del over a link in a webpage doesn't turn the cursor into a hand signifying a clickable link The keyboard still responds perfectly and all programs continue running normally This occurs at any given time while on or offline When this problem happens I can press ctrl-alt-delete and click once anywhere on that blue screen to make the mouse begin to respond again Then I click cancel and go back to whatever I was doing for anywhere between seconds and minutes when the problem happens again This computer is virus free and I've seen others have this problem on a fresh install of Windows Vista I have tried this mouse in other computers and the problem doesn't happen I've also tried other mice in this computer and it still occurs I've been told by other who have the same problem that it quot Happens with touchpads pointing stick wireless mouse wired USB mouse quot and possibly others as well I'm running an OEM Windows Vista Home Premium fully updated MSI K N SLI Motherboard AMD processor Razor Deathadder mouse Logitech G Keyboard ATI Radeon HD Graphics card and GB Mushkin ddr sdram It also occured with gb of corsair ram and an gts graphics card If you have any questions concerning hardware software what i had for breakfast I'll gladly answer If you have any ideas I will pretty much try anything at this point As of now I have tried every idea at this website - http blog bidenpc com vista-mouse-cant-click - to no avail Thank you for your time please help if you can

A:Mouse deselects active window, wont respond until ctrl alt del

If this is the case, I suspect this can be a hardware related issue. We can try a parallel install - install a new system on another partition to check if this is related to hardware.  Sean Zhu - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9075972d-21e0-4040-9c5d-48d3c2deda7c/mouse-deselects-active-window-wont-respond-until-ctrl-alt-del?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I bought HP Paviion x from Future Shop a month ago At that time I didn't get for Pen 130 x360 Pavilion HP any pen or pen drive software Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 So I'm just wondering if it's their mistake or I should buy one If possible I'd like to use one of these pens Lapazz tablet pen stylus pen and a pen for HP tc tablet pc Also I want to use pen pressure for photoshop If I have to buy the pen What pen will fit for my laptop What pen drive do I need to install Do I have to buy both of them can I download a free software from HP website I really need the pen pressure system If I don't need to buy Can I get a digital pen from Futureshop Best Buy I don't know much about Tablet PC and It was first time to buy a laptop by myself Unless Does one of pens on top work on my Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 laptop and to use pen pressure I tried to touch the screen with them Only stylus worked Can I use Lapazz tablet pen as a digital pen a stylus

A:Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360

Unless I'm missing something, this is a touch screen which you use your finger to navigate rather than a mouse.  If you are more comfortable using a mouse you can use a usb type with the laptop.  I personally don't know anyone who uses a stylus on a laptop touch screen.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that you needed to use a "pressure pen"? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575093/pen-for-hp-pavilion-130-x360/
Relevancy 27.52%

Yesterday I restarted my laptop to update it and ever since, any opened tab or program will switch from active to inactive on its own every few seconds. Is there a way to fix this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574466/opened-tabs-switch-from-active-to-inactive-by-themselves/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi everyone I can't boot my windows PC at all other than in Active Boot Disk The repair functions all fail The reset and reinstall functions also fail I tried to repair the MBR a bunch of ways that failed I think I might have even made some things worse When I run Active Partition Recovery I find partitions being good and the rest being pretty bad I think a new boot volume had [email protected]? options, run I Running of out Should been created every time the system restarted itself This past February th I had installed Microsoft's Age of Empires it ran poorly on my more-than-capable computer so I played something else and turned off my computer I had taken off my glasses at that point but my girlfriend noticed a weird error message as the system shut down The following day I could no longer boot into windows and was shown a blue screen of death with a sad face I had booting problems before in my life and felt confident I could deal with this one although I was demoralized I had just built my dream PC this past summer and this was my first problem with it I Running out of options, Should I run [email protected]? found a URL on the Microsoft website to create a repair USB which took hour cycle to download I needed to boot from USB as my PC had no CD drive To my despair the following Sunday none of the repair functions worked I couldn't repair reset reinstall anything The closest I got to re-installing and formatting the installer rejected my authentic windows key Instead of being smart and calling microsoft to authenticate my key I kept asking them how to get into safe mode which I didn't know wasn't really accessible in windows Running out of options, Should I run [email protected]? I started to panic and look up my own fixes for my booting problem The first website I came across was a Fixed by Vonnie article about how to repair the EFI bootloader It suggested using EasyRE but that didn't have a USB version for windows So I followed most of the steps http www fixedbyvonnie com how-to-repair-the-efi-bootloader-in-windows- The only problem was that I was unaware that my system was not EFI and didn't realize this would be a problem until I got to the part Running out of options, Should I run [email protected]? where I was supposed to Verify that the EFI partition is using the FAT file system then select the volume and assign a drive letter to it All of my partitions were NTFS but it didn't occur to me that would be a problem and I tried to repair the MBR and boot store anyway Yes I'm aware I should have done none of these things I was spurred on by the unfamiliar disk drives My PC had an extended C Partition and a D for other things But in DISKPART I'd found a bunch of volumes that had no rhyme or reason There was an unmarked drive that seemed to form the rest of C so I created a partition for it in the hopes that Windows would find the OS on it I started to freak out a little when I booted to EFI errors So I looked for an alternative to EasyRE and found Active BootDisk I was joyous I thought I had found a quick and easy fix Then I did that deep partition scan and saw how messed up everything was I tried to undo the EFI bootloader commands in CMD but I don't think I did the trick After exploring the Active utilities and programs I thought maybe I could use the internet browser to launch a microsoft scan but for whatever reason my PC wouldn't connect to my wifi and didn't seem to know about my ASUS wifi receiver Then my mouse settled on Active Killdisk I know there is some risk in wiping SSD's but I don't know much about it I just want to purge my drive of all these random partitions and all the data on it so I can do a fresh install of all the things But I decided before I do any more damage to come here and seek advice Thank you

A:Running out of options, Should I run [email protected]?

I know it's poor forum courtesy to bump a thread, but would anyone be able to give me some advice? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567664/running-out-of-options-should-i-run-activekilldisk/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello. I have been researching this issue, and found a topic that began on this site, but was unresolved due to lack of responses. I have been having an issue where my laptop fails to fully boot after logging in. It shows a black screen, and the cursor is active, and I can bring up the task manager, but that's about it. I have tried once to do a system restore to a previous point, but it did not fix the issue. I have a lot of files that I still need on the computer, so that is an issue.

A:Laptop boots to black screen with active cursor and ctrl+alt+del function

What is the Make and Model of this laptop?
What other thing have you tried?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567599/laptop-boots-to-black-screen-with-active-cursor-and-ctrlaltdel-function/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have recently begun experiencing this problem after updating to Windows although I'm not sure that it's directly related to the update I see that similar questions have been asked on other forums but I see none for The best way to describe the problem Prompt (Windows Active Without Window/Program Switches User 8.1) Randomly is this while using a particular window such as a browser window or word processor window the window will randomly become inactive Sometimes it will switch back to being active automatically other times I have to manually click back into the window to use it again This is especially frustrating when trying to type or use drop-down menus As I type this question I am constantly clicking back into the browser window to keep it active The problem appears not to be specific to any particular program or internet browser but occurs for any window that I happen to be using I don't know if this is relevant but the activity of one particular background process appears to correlate with the timing of the problem The process HPConnectedRemoteService is continually appearing and disappearing from the Task Manager It appears increases gradually to about CPU then disappears Any given active window will become inactive when HPConnectedRemoteService reaches about CPU Again I do not know for sure if this process is involved with the problem though Attached are several screenshots of the processes running in case they can aid in solving this Would really appreciate any help This is incredibly Active Window/Program Switches Randomly Without User Prompt (Windows 8.1) annoying and counterproductive

A:Active Window/Program Switches Randomly Without User Prompt (Windows 8.1)

Welcome,
What is your security software? Is it current and have you run any scans?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545088/active-windowprogram-switches-randomly-without-user-prompt-windows-81/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello all My computer is freezing up all the time and I believe its due to my disk It is very annoying I cannot figure out why Disk Active problem Disk Time vs Transfer Rate its doing this I see my read and write speeds are not so great Looking at the disk transfer rate compared to the active time shouldn't it be faster Sometimes Disk Active Time vs Disk Transfer Rate problem my active time is consistently at and I cannot get anything done on my computer Anytime my disk active time is at the computer freezes and Disk Active Time vs Disk Transfer Rate problem as you can see its quite often Is my HD about to fry Any help solving this problem would be appreciated I have a Samsung series computer FYI never get this computer Problem after problem Disk Active Time vs Disk Transfer Rate problem Details below I am posting a few pics Hard Drives ST LM HN-M MBB Manufacturer Seagate Heads Cylinders SATA type SATA-II Gb s Device type Fixed ATA Standard ATA -ACS Serial Number S RQJ HC LBA Size -bit LBA Power On Count times Power On Time days Speed Expressed in Revolutions Per Minute rpm Features S M A R T APM AAM NCQ Transfer Mode SATA II Interface SATA Capacity GB Real size bytes RAID Type None S M A R T Read Error Rate worst Data Throughput Performance Data Spin-Up Time Data D Start Stop Count Data D Reallocated Sectors Count Data Seek Error Rate Data Seek Time Performance Data Power-On Hours POH Data A Spin Retry Count Data B Recalibration Retries Data D C Device Power Cycle Count Data C BF G-sense error rate Data D C Power-off Retract Count Data C Temperature Data E C Hardware ECC Recovered Data C Reallocation Event Count Data C Current Pending Sector Count Data C Uncorrectable Sector Count Data C UltraDMA CRC Error Count Data C Write Error Rate Multi-Zone Error Rate Data DF Load Unload Retry Count Data D E Load Unload Cycle Count Data D D Temperature C Temperature Range ok less than C Status Good Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Size MB Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Size MB Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Disk Letter C File System NTFS Volume Serial Number C D Size GB Used Space GB Free Space GB Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Size MB Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Size GB Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Size GB SanDisk SSD i GB Manufacturer Unknown manufacturer Heads Cylinders SATA type SATA-III Gb s Device type Fixed ATA Standard ATA -ACS Serial Number LBA Size -bit LBA Power On Count times Power On Time days Speed Expressed in Revolutions Per Minute rpm Not used SSD Drive Features S M A R T APM NCQ TRIM SSD Transfer Mode SATA III Interface SATA Capacity GB Real size bytes RAID Type None S M A R T Reallocated Sectors Count worst Data Power-On Hours POH Data F C Device Power Cycle Count Data CA AB Data AC Data AD Data D AE Data C BB Reported Uncorrectable Errors Data E GMR Head Amplitude Data E Data EA Data F Total LBAs Written Data B A F Total LBAs Read Data D Status Good Partition Partition ID Disk Partition Size GB Thanks

A:Disk Active Time vs Disk Transfer Rate problem

I realize that you have posted some of what I'm requesting, but this will put it in a format which will make it quicker for me to find what I'm looking for.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542646/disk-active-time-vs-disk-transfer-rate-problem/
Relevancy 24.51%

I bought a HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15 which came with Windows 8. My problem is that in both Windows 8 and 8.1 when I have a program open, something is interrupting the program. The title at the top of the program dims showing it's not the active program for about half a second before resuming. It does this all the time and interferes when I try to type anything. I have not figured out what the problem is. I thought at first it was 8.1 so reverted to windows 8 and then reinstalled the entire system. It still happens. I cannot figure out what is causing the interference. Someone suggested it might be a compatibility issue with Windows 8 and 3rd party programs.

A:background program or service interrupts active program

Please download MiniToolBox from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/ and run it with the following boxes checked:

List last 10 Event Viewer Errors

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions, and Memory size

Copy the resulting log and paste into a reply here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541675/background-program-or-service-interrupts-active-program/
Relevancy 27.52%

Earlier today I was sending a message to a friend and suddenly this error popped up "The active directory domain services is currently unavailable", is this normal? Also, what caused it? I think I might have accidentally pressed one of Windows' shortcuts but which one is it?

A:"The active directory domain services is currently unavailable" - Error

Welcome,
What is your configuration? Are you on a network or using VPN into a network?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540161/the-active-directory-domain-services-is-currently-unavailable-error/
Relevancy 27.52%

In elevated command prompt Windows 8.1:
net user administrator /active:yes
but account doesn't show

Hi all,

Why does the Administrator account not show up on rebooting the computer and how can I make it appear?

thanks

A:net user administrator /active:yes but account doesn't show

That should have worked. Did you type CMD in the search box or Command? CMD is for 32bit commands and Command is for 16bit.

Type CMD in the search box Run As Administrator and try the command again. Then Reboot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539342/net-user-administrator-activeyes-but-account-doesnt-show/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have Active Deselects Touchpad Window a Touchpad Deselects Active Window laptop with Windows I always had an annoying issue with it-- whenever I swiped the touchpad to the right it would deselect my active window It wouldn't bring up the charms bar it wouldn't bring up my previous action It would just lolnope this window is turned off now The taskbar of the window would go faded as if I had clicked off-window As you can imagine this is especially annoying when playing things like MineCraft it would act as though I had pressed escape I have all but abandoned this game due to this I have to carefully move my finger from the very center of the touchpad in a clear and obvious arcing motion before it wouldn't deactivate the window and sometimes that doesn't even help And it's only to the right I had managed to turn it off but after installing Assassin's Creed III for PC it started happening again It's a Dell touchpad I have deactivated gestures in the Dell touchpad menu as well as having disabled the Charms menu popup and edge swiping scrolling in both the Dell touchpad menu AND in the Win system menu yet the problem persists I have no idea why it keeps changing or what it was I changed the first time to make it stop doing it Any ideas how I can fix this It's severely annoying Dari

A:Touchpad Deselects Active Window

Disable/Disconnect the touchpad and use a mouse instead?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532436/touchpad-deselects-active-window/
Relevancy 28.38%

One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:__1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or__2)You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls

I am getting this message on startup and i have tried everything on google but its still there including changing 1200 to 0 in regedit

A:active x control pop up on pc startup

i have unistalled firefox and google but still there.

i disabled ie10 in turning features on or off but still there.

i have run spybot and malwarebytes. still there

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524899/active-x-control-pop-up-on-pc-startup/
Relevancy 27.52%

Howdy everybody - had the same problem as many on a unit running WIndows - symptoms - no display at all - a boot up screen with the motherboard splash art and ability to enter the bios - start up windows normally safe mode and All the other modes to run Active 7 Windows Screen - - Black w/ Cursor FIXED windows and all of them bring a black Windows 7 - Black Screen w/ Active Cursor - FIXED screen with a cursor in Windows 7 - Black Screen w/ Active Cursor - FIXED the middle - unable to produce anything from this screen but Windows 7 - Black Screen w/ Active Cursor - FIXED move the mouse around - windows installation disk out and tried to run a repair with no luck - I tried to system restore but claims there are no restores it can find - ctrl-alt-del does not produce anything SOLUTION - - Use the Windows installation cd to enter the command prompt - navigate to the root os drive usually the C drive - look for a file called 'VIDEO EXE' It should not be there since most all the drivers are located in C windows system folder and no drivers are located directly in the root folder from what I know Delete this file as it is the culprit that is causing all the havoc - reboot at most you will either need to rerun chkdsk r and or sfc scannow command from the command prompt however I had to do neither Everything starting working normally again Hope this helps - Best of luck to all Big Al

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579600/windows-7-black-screen-w-active-cursor-fixed/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey guys, 

I am trying to activate an LED connected to a usb port when the mouse is active. Does anyone have any ideas? So i will have a circuit that has an LED, the circuit is connected to a usb port. As soon as the mouse is moved, I want my LED to light up. 

Thanks!

Steve

A:Activate external LED when mouse is active

I believe most all late model mouses that have the LED built in, but as far as I know they are momentary ang go out soon after being turned on.  I have two wireless and one wired they all act the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569113/activate-external-led-when-mouse-is-active/
Relevancy 28.38%

So I tried to install a 2TB hdd to my existing computer running a 120 GB SSD(windows install) and 500GB hdd.  When I connected the 2TB hdd to my computer it would not boot after and I got an error saying the  bootmgr is missing, press Ctrl Alt Del.  So I tried to remove the 2TB hdd and go back to the original drives and I still got the error bootmgr is missing error.  The only way I could get my computer to boot was to set the 100MB system reserved partition as active.  

Now, on boot up I now get an error saying that "Active partition not found! Press any key..."  Windows does continue to load after i hit any key but I'm not sure why im getting this error.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

active partition.jpg   70.73KB
  0 downloads

A:Active partition not found

Your Partition Structure is kind of strange. The System Reserved partition is usally on the same disk as the Windows C:\ partition and set as Disk 0. The System Reserved Partition doesn't have a drive letter assigned either.

My guess is you have two BCD's. One in the System Restore Partition and One on another partition. You can use a Windows 7 System Restore Disk and Select Startup Repair.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557993/active-partition-not-found/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm trying to access a drive on another computer.  The share tab is not active on the other computer.

A:Share tab is not active

File and Printer Sharing in Windows Vista

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548331/share-tab-is-not-active/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have Vista Home Active Dynamica Data bar Premium bit but I think for this question I m guessing it doesn t matter what computer I have My Data Dynamica Active bar utility Secunia has the Data Dynamics Active Bar listed as at end of life and no longer supported by the vendor and I should update it or uninstall it It s not listed in the quot Add Uninstall quot program list and I haven t been able to understand what people are saying on the Secunia forums There s a lot of technical jargin that I don t understand and don t want to delete the file until I m absolutely sure it won t mess up something I went to the Data Dynamics web site and was completely lost there Way to technical for me My questions are Can someone explain its function in Data Dynamica Active bar simple English Do I need it and if I don t can I just delete the file located here-C Windows System Actbar ocx version Thanks for any help Dave

A:Data Dynamica Active bar

http://www.datadynamics.com/Help/AB3/ab3oriFAQ.html

From what I see...the program, if installed, should appear in Add/Remove Programs.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450988/data-dynamica-active-bar/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm not sure if it's just some simple toggle that I don't know about but it doesn't make sense to me!
No matter what application I'm using, or what window I have opened, the window will not stay "active"...
The dark blue window title box keeps changing to the "enactive window" gray and I have to continually reactivate
whatever I'm working on. It's actually deactivating every couple of seconds and making this simple typing a real
chore! I've tried the F5 key to refresh but it's not working...
Can someone tell me if there's something that I'm missing?
Thanx!

A:windows explorer and apps won't stay ACTIVE!

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405458/windows-explorer-and-apps-wont-stay-active/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey everyone First off thank you for taking the time to look over my issue and potentially lend me a hand My issue involves the active desktop recovery background I work in a school district and we have laptops that auto-login to a heavily restricted student account When they log Desktop Active Recovery Wont Go Away in you can see the initial Active Desktop Recovery Wont Go Away background but when the folder redirection applies and the icons load the active desktop recovery background appears I have logged in as an administrator and did registry edits local machine software microsoft windows current version policies explorer - gt new DWORD value NoActiveDesktop users located student account software microsoft windows current version policies explorer - gt new DWORD value NoActiveDesktop but the issue still comes up Also while logged in as administrator I have right clicked the desktop went to properties desktop unchecked the web page None of this has seemed to work and it baffles me considering the registry edits made Can anyone please give me a few ideas on what to try next or what could be causing this Thank you very much in advance

A:Active Desktop Recovery Wont Go Away

How are the logins authenticated?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517782/active-desktop-recovery-wont-go-away/
Relevancy 26.66%

This is making me crazy....I cannot get rid of. This program..each time I try it doubles in memory usage....help!

A:how do I uninstall PC Treasures-Disney/Pixar Active Play A Bugs Life XP 2003

Have you tried uninstalling in safe mode?If you still have problems you could contact Disney Interactive support: http://disneyinteractivestudios.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/210/~/-disney%2Fpixars-active-play,-a-bugs-life---game-hints-and-tips-(windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505855/how-do-i-uninstall-pc-treasures-disneypixar-active-play-a-bugs-life-xp-2003/