Windows Support Forum

"WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error message

Q: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error message

I am getting this error message: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" can any one help me with this? Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error message

twmom, Windows Update error 8024400E indicates that you're running into temporary connection errors in trying to check for updates. Please refer to this Microsoft KB article, which contains a lengthy list of troubleshooting steps.-Alex

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/28fb50ae-b648-4063-bb65-46ac182db489/quotwindowsupdate8024400equot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-error-message?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 139.19%

Microsoft Updater says I have a critical update (KB2286198) to install but it fails and gives the message: "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

I've tried a couple of things that MS Support suggests but they don't work and don't seem to really apply to this particular error message. Searching for the error code 80246007 hasn't yielded anything yet that works.

Any ideas?

Gateway GT5622
x86 based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Operating System Name: Windows Vista
Operating System Platform: NT/2000/XP/Vista
Operating System Major Version: 6
Operating System Minor Version: 0
Operating System Build Number: 6002
Service Pack Description: Service Pack 2

A:Update Error Message "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-error-message-windowsupdate_80246007-windowsupdate_dt000.941849/
Relevancy 129.58%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 127.41%

windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
I am using windows 7 64 bit
I cannot install any important updates and haven't been since 8/2010

A:windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

These links from Microsoft Support will help you up....
Link 1
Link 2

PLZ go through these support links and do reply if the problem is solved......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-windowsupdate_80070bc9-windowsupdate_dt000.983122/
Relevancy 119.04%

"WindowsUpdate_80070002" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
I have followed all information provided by your team-
deleted temp files, restarted service (it was running already)
stopped service and restarted computer.

All troubleshooting I have tried and I click on start, windows update, check for updates, AND "WindowsUpdate_80070002" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error Keeps popping up..
I've been running my computer now with no known updates for over a year now and I can't seem to find the fault!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4213aa17-178b-4a2f-922a-1f828b049303/quotwindowsupdate80070002quot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-error?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 119.04%
Relevancy 118.73%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 118.42%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 117.8%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 116.56%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 116.25%

Laptop ASUS with Windows 7 Ultimate - 32bits.
I manually did a windows update search and found 4 new updates available.
Downloaded and installed the 4 new windows update. After completion, only 3 installed correctly.
Only 1 new update failed to install and I got a message error: "WindowsUpdate_800F020B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".
Tried searching for it's meaning through Microsoft, Windows Help and other Forums to no avail.
Does anyone know what it's meaning?

A:"WindowsUpdate_800F020B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Hi,
I would like to confirm which update you are trying to install? To see which device is causing the problem, you can review available updates before trying to install them. The device name or manufacturer will be displayed in the list of available updates.
The error code 800F020B can occur if an update that you're trying to install applies to a device that is not connected to the computer. Make sure that all of your devices are connected and turned on, and then try installing updates again.
Best regards,
Della Li

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/111d43ec-b5d6-48cd-977e-7a173a076a43/quotwindowsupdate800f020bquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-windows-7-ultimate-32-bit?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 116.25%

Can anyone help me out here I have pc s running windows and both of them wont update windows not Windows "WindowsUpdate_80200053" will update "WindowsUpdate_dt000" I am also having a few problems instaling other things Like avg malwarebytes microsoft windows malicious software removal virus When i Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" download them it always comes back as the file is corrupt I have managed to download HijackThis exe and here are the results below Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Obrien Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - E Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - HKLM Run BCU quot C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe quot O - HKLM Run JMB X IDE Setup C Windows RaidTool xInsIDE exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Appl... Read more

A:Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-update-windowsupdate_80200053-windowsupdate_dt000.1073271/
Relevancy 116.25%

Hi there,
Can someone please help to shed some light on this, or possibly fix this issue?
I've been trying for ages to get my parents computer to download and install updates.
It's running 7 Home Premium 64 bit with SP1.
The Windows Update page shows that Windows could not search for updates, which resulted in the error 8007370B
The link on that page to get help for this error has no results.
The system update readiness tool failed to fix the issue
sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt results in the error message
Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
I also tried to force WSUS offline updates, but ended up having to remove the temp admin account and cancel the updates when that failed.

log files attached:
Attachment 362134

A:Failed updates "WindowsUpdate_8007370B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Your first run of CheckSUR found a fair number of errors, and managed to fix them, mostly - but to remain until now...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 _isdel.exe wow64_microsoft-windows-i..llshield-wow64-main_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_ca61f601a4548b8e
(f) CSI Corrupt Identity 0xC0150017 c64c420f5864b56f41d74a09d3a4941a, Culture=neutral, Version=6.1.7601.18283, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=amd64, versyo~Scope=NonSxS c64c420f586..a09d3a4941a_31bf3856ad364e35_6>1.7601.18283_b5294749e54eed83 Bad identity

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372395-failed-updates-windowsupdate_8007370b-windowsupdate_dt000.html
Relevancy 114.39%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 111.6%

HELP PLEASE

i was installing an update and it keeps saying "WindowsUpdate_8024200D" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" and it fails everytime, how can i correct this problem?
 please email me back

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c04ee04-2d20-4e9b-96e9-f9d4a6b0a4ed/quotwindowsupdate8024200dquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-fails?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 110.98%

Help!!!!

I have a laptop Toshiba, Satellite A45 and I can't get on the web, or load most of my programs due to an error message saying "one touch can't enumerate". When I tried to load the Maxtor One Touch CD to remove and re-install, I got the error message, "can't scipt" (error message Microsoft 1719) "Windows installer service could not be addressed". I had downloaded a spyware program and backed up first, but cannot upload the back up due the problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on my desktop, so can receive email. Thank you,

Don Winn, Switzerland, FL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-cant-enumerate-cant-script.378506/
Relevancy 110.98%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 109.74%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 109.74%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 109.12%

Hi
I have windows 7 unstalled on a hp laptop , when I try to install windows update I get error  WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000
Regards

John

A:windows 7 error WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000

Hi John,

I would like to suggest you run System Update Readiness Tool to resolve certain conditions that could cause installing updates and other software not to work.

If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you perform the following steps to reset the permission settings.

Run the subinacl.msi file
=====================
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch on the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.

Note: If UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click "Continue".

4. Click "Start". In the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo =========================
@Echo Finished.
@Echo =========================
@pause

6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.

NOTE: It may take several minutes. When it is finished, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".

If the issue persists, would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you.  You can upload the information files to the following link.  (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")

Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=6a38f62d-7232-491d-9b5a-4c89ce009bf5
Password: 1hW#[email protected]_

Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken.  Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.

Run Process Monitor
=====================
1. Please download "Process Monitor" from the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

2. Right click on the downloaded file and click "Extract All…".
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to extract all the files to a folder, such as "ProcessMonitor".

4. Open the "ProcessMonitor" folder and double click on the "Procmon.exe" file to launch the program.

Note: Please click Yes when we receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

5. Click "Filter" -> "Reset Filter" to reset the filter.
6. Click the "Capture" (Reading glass) button on the toolbar to stop the current capture and click the "Clea... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f9d6891-2d32-44b9-8134-f315d4a008a6/windows-7-error-windowsupdate80070005quot-quotwindowsupdatedt000?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 109.12%

quot A problem caused name of program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot But no solution shows I have been using the same HP Pavilion tx for a year and a half with no software or compatibility issues Program} working" ... Message of stopped "A Windows Problem caused "{Name Error has I run Vista Home Premium Service Pack - bit Slowly this message began Windows Error Message "{Name of Program} has stopped working" "A Problem caused ... to appear with every microsoft program I opened and then started to spread to non microsoft programs I tried reinstalling the programs doing a system restore to the oldest restore point I could I also tried uninstalling any window updates that were installed right before my problems I have read some strings that indicate it may be a compatibility issue between the service pack and vista but the service pack came with the computer and it has been working fine until recently I am at loss what to try next Has anyone using Vista Home Home Premium experience anything like this nbsp

A:Windows Error Message "{Name of Program} has stopped working" "A Problem caused ...

hi and welcome the first thing to do is run your anti virus and malware progs this will check for issues there and hopefully rule it out the next thing to try is sfc/scnw http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html its a how to and also try this http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid192_gci1276029,00.html this will check for other problems in both your files and your hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-error-message-name-of-program-has-stopped-working-a-problem-caused.804756/
Relevancy 108.5%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 108.19%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 106.95%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 106.95%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 106.95%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 105.71%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 105.71%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 105.71%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 105.71%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 105.71%

I've been having some problems with my computer and I've always somehow managed to work my way around the issues spyware malware etc have created but lately it's been getting out of hand Some time ago I got a virus or something that made the entire tab under quot Processes quot dissapear So I could not see process-names in the task-manager I have re-installed XP but this problem persists I have been using a different application to monitor and handle processes The problem now is the constant pop-ups generated from this fake anti-virus program calling itself quot Anti Virus Pro quot or something It pops up with fake commercials and even attach itself into other explorer-windows while I view other pages As popups and messageboxes keep popping up I close them but after a while windows will open a messagebox telling me quot Buffer overrun detected in e Windows system explorer exe quot or windows explorer exe I don't remember really but you get the idea and explorer exe will be terminated sometimes taking some internet explorer windows along with it other times explorer exe just starts up again and all my windows remain I used to have Norton but was forced to remove it as it was sucking up all my CPU It rendered my computer and something++ fake a "Buffer Infected "Win overrun Spyware" - dialer or Anti error" useless as I mainly use it for gaming I've also experienced having the connection between me and my modem broken while beeing on the internet and I don't know if my computer actually is offline or if -I'm- just offline The LAN-connection won't detect my modem and I can't even find it by pinging it I have been trough Step without finding anything I could remove in control-panel The panda online search take hours if not days to finish as it slows down severly after a certain time I have tried acouple of times but before it finish a popup or an error will close the browser window EDIT I forgot to mention I have tried to follow acouple of solutions I saw you guys giving people Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ with similiar problems Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ as I had and searching for malware and stuff it did find some infected dll-files in my system folder and other windows-folders I deleted afew but something called nnommmll dll or something was attached to winlogon exe and therefore I couldn't delete it The other files came back after my computer crashed anyway though x x I'll now paste the logfile generated by dss exe ---------------------------------------------------- Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Per Killer on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive E has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Per Killer exe ------------------------------------------ Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes E WINDOWS system smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system CTSVCCDA EXE E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E WINDOWS system PnkBstrA e... Read more

A:Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please download ComboFix

Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop.

Close all browsers. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

You are using an older version of HijackThis. Please do the following to download and install the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2:

CLICK HERE to download the HijackThis Installer:Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on "Edit -> Select All" then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and paste the log in your next reply.
Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

You may delete the older version once you have successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2.

Expected logs:

Combofix.txt
HijackThis log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/infected-win-anti-spyware-buffer-overrun-error-and-a-fake-dialer-or-something-185695.html
Relevancy 105.09%

hi can u help me about instruction at "0x7c9100c8" referenced memory at "0x666f7260" it always appear every 4 hours and then my computer start counting for shutdown or restart. help please . . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/instruction-at-0x7c9100c8-referenced-memory-at-0x666f7260-service-exe-error-519291.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Anyone tried deleting a registry key in Windows nbsp Got quot access denied quot or quot Error while deleting key quot The usual response is key" deleting ADMIN! or Permissions -"Access AS while Denied" "Error EVEN Regedit quot You need to run regedit as an administrator quot nbsp but I AM logged in as Administrator and running regedit as administrator trying to assign administrator full permissions on that registry key in order to delete it nbsp Am I mistaken or isn't Regedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! Administrator supposed to be able to administer and control all the settings on the computer in order to set it up for the quot Average Joe quot user So under the permissions menu of that key go to advanced change the owner from System to Administrator and try again nbsp It's no longer saying quot access denied quot but quot Cannot delete xxxxxx Error while deleting key quot The scenario Basically the wireless has stopped working on a laptop The device does not show up in Device Manager but is in the registry so the normal procedure is to delete the registry entry for the device in HKLM System CurrentControlSet and ControlSet Enum PCI nbsp nbsp then attach the device or restart the computer it finds the quot new quot hardware and reinstalls it Easy Not with permission restrictions on the administrator account it's not nbsp So I need to give myself permission to give myself permission to do a simple task like delete a single registry key nbsp Why Microsoft why nbsp Please just make the Administrator account a hidden quot God mode quot account that can do anything and make the lives of us techies much easier in the process nbsp RANT Now where did I put that XP disc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56fed319-a532-46a4-a384-fd795998c4a3/regedit-permissions-quotaccess-deniedquot-or-quoterror-while-deleting-keyquot-even-as?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 105.09%

I just resolved an issue I had with the wireless connectivity of my Acer notebook computer and now I am getting strange error messages. When I try (not every instance) to open device manager I will get the message "Failed to open empty document." From there I will occasionally get "Parser" messages that say "Value creation failed at line 843" or "line 422." I read what I could find about these messages and it points to MMC as the cause. How do I go about fixing this annoying problem if anyone knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-open-empty-document-parser-error-messages.653756/
Relevancy 105.09%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/
Relevancy 105.09%

Hi Everyone,

i am using CRichEditCtrl::GetLine() function to read the text from a dialog.
If my text contains any space character then it is throwing improper argument error and the application getting closed in vista only.....
What is the actual problem ????? why it is happening with vista only...?

Please suggest

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266580-space-character-making-improper-argument-error-vista.html
Relevancy 105.09%

Windows XP SP2

Ok, I tried some things in other threads but to no avail. But some threads are having my same problems. First this about:blank crap is always my home page even if I change it, as well as these porn links in my favorites list. I've run scans with 5 different virus/ adware scan programs but it doesn't fix it. However, it got even worse-- I can no longer open things like My Computer, My Documents or even Control Panel to try and uninstall software. When I try to open any folder my computer freezes temp. and I get the following message: "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

PLEASE Somebody help me. I have hijack this, if that helps. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A:Solved: I can't open anything "Dr. wtsn error" & I can't remove "blank: about" adware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-anything-dr-wtsn-error-i-cant-remove-blank-about-adware.340831/
Relevancy 105.09%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 104.47%

I thought I was computer savvy until this problem came up When I double click my computer recycle bin control panel etc the hourglass comes up for a few seconds goes off and nothing else No error messages or anything just nothing I have viewed a few of the threads covering this and a common link was the hijack this result I have posted that here and really hope that someone can help me with this I have run SpyBotSD and adaware I have run mutiple virus scans I did an SFC and the final thing bin", I "control computer" "my "recycle open cannot panel" etc... was to repair windows using the original disk none of which has help I am running Window XP w SP Any other suggestions would be certainly appreciated Hope to here from someone soon MTCS out Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... TDSTEL ENTERN app pppoeservice exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc... Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUpKiller exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C Documents and Settings Charlotte Hough Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO HP Print Clips - F -DC - -A C- F D C - C Program Files HP Smart Web Printing hpswp framework dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO IE PopUp-Killer Neikeisoft - E E F - C - D - D- - C PROGRA DEFEND DEFEND PopUp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run StatusClient C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe auto O - HKLM Run TomcatStartup C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox hpbpsttp exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp... Read more

A:I cannot open "my computer" "control panel" "recycle bin", etc...

You may want to reinstall the operating system.

Backupthe files that are importantto you before you reinstall.

The "New" installation will overwrite the current one

If you do not format your hard drive before the reinstall the installation should not harm your files (That's why I suggest backingup your files) and will speed up the installation process.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cannot-open-my-computer-control-panel-recycle-bin-etc.717788/
Relevancy 104.47%

OK As I said I am new Hope this info is the way you need it MANY MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME amp HELP Check out the following HHEELLLPPP Logfile of HijackThis / THREAD "Context3.kanoodle" "xlime", "xads", NEW v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Frank M Gazzo Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost O - BHO MultiMPPObj Class - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Bypass Site - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Extra context menu item AdSubtract Cloak Image - res C Program Files interMute AdSubtract A... Read more

A:NEW THREAD / "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi

how to create a folder ?

right click anywhere in your desktop
click new,a tab opens ,click folder ,name it hjtantivirus .

download again hijackthis and install it in the new created folder .

your hjt is here now
C:\Documents and Settings\Frank M. Gazzo\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 1 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

it will not work properly if it stays there .

and don t create a new thread ,keep only one thread .this one ,now .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-thread-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23803.html
Relevancy 104.47%

Hi Looking for insight advice re KB According to Infoworld it was quot Optional quot in May but I was not offered it then This KB3054476 "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" offered as week it was offered as quot Important quot and quot Recommended quot but only for one of my Win boxes I have read the MS KB article as well as THIS FORUM THREAD the latter of which includes a report of a BSOD due to this particular update However there isn't much out on the web about it And most of the discussion about it is overly technical for me And I am confused as to why it was previously offered as quot Optional quot but now is quot Important quot KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" or quot Recommended quot I don't think I quot need quot it as I have no webcam on this box And I don't like KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional" to tempt fate by fixing things that are not broken So questions Is it safe to install Is it really necessary important Or would I be OK to hide it Thanks very much in advance

A:KB3054476 offered as "Important"/"Recommended"/"Optional"

The status of updates changes with circumstances.
If an update isn't relevant, it won't be offered at all.
If however it's relevant but the related software is not apparently in use, it may be 'optional' - and gravitate to 'Recommended' or 'Important' if the related software is in use.
It can also be promoted through the hierarchy by MS depending on feedback through WU and error-trapped feedback.

If you have (and use) a webcam, then it's probably best to install the update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372782-kb3054476-offered-important-recommended-optional.html
Relevancy 104.47%

I tried to associate the file extension .txt to a new editor program
with the well known cmdline programs ASSOC and FTYPE.

No, assigning them through WinExplorer menu does not work.
But this is another problem which should not discussed here.

When I type now one of the following alternative commands at the CommandPrompt then Win7 returns me something like:

assoc .txt=txtfile

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: .txt"

or

ftype txtfile=D:\notepad++\notepad++.exe "%%1"

"Access denied"
The following error occurs: txtfile"

Why?

The command above work fine under WinXP

Peter

A:"access denied" when using "assoc" and "ftype" from cmdline?

Question:

Did you run cmd.exe with administrative previlliges?
Elevated Command Prompt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/101442-access-denied-when-using-assoc-ftype-cmdline.html
Relevancy 104.47%

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

A:Remaking "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders

Quote: Originally Posted by Legume

hi,

OK, this is a weird one.

I wanted to move the "My Music", "My Pictures", "My Videos" folders to another HDD. I moved the "My Documents" Folder to this HDD without a problem but the others I accidentally set the whole HDD as the folder (if that makes sense). So now the music, videos and pictures folders are set to this HDD and dont have an actual folder to change the properties of. Therein lies my dilema.

If anyone can offer any advice on this curly issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

You have a backup from before the problem started? a win 7 dvd to do a repair install?
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109624-remaking-my-music-my-pictures-my-videos-folders.html
Relevancy 104.47%

Ok, so basically, whenever I turn the computer on, 3 error messages appear:

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee.exe

- A virtual driver failed to inicialize DLL. Chose close to end the program. H:/Windows/system32/code/pRee1.exe

- Error loading H:/Archiv~/GBPLUG~/gbiehcef.dll. Couldn't find specific module.

(sorry if some terms are incorrect, my computer is in Spanish, to I tried to translate as best as possible)

Please help me solve this terrible problem, it is really getting me on my nerves! (oh, and if this helps, I've recently donwloaded this so called "Limewire acceleration", and whenever I ran the setup, it didn't work. I don't really remember the name of the website I downloaded it from, sorry...)

A:Can't Open "My Documents", "Trash" or other files in "My Computer"!?

Hi and Welcome to the forum

I am almost certain that you have malware problems. Most like caused by you doing file sharing/ P2P - Limewire.

Suggest that you go here and follow the directions:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please be advised that the malware people are very busy and it could take a couple days to assist you.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-open-my-documents-trash-or-other-files-in-my-computer-288056.html
Relevancy 104.47%

I do not know what I did. When I opened a message it open it "Message"; now it opens in "File". How can I get it back to open in "Message"?

A:Outlook 2016 - Message opens in "File", not "Message"

If you minimized the Ribbon, this caused it. Open a message and maximize the ribbon.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/outlook-2016-message-opens-in-file-not-message-1104778.html
Relevancy 104.47%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 103.85%

Okay I have an ATI Radeon on my Windows XP system and one day after my dad had used the computer the D video driver stoppeed working He can t recall doing anything So it goes I think quot whatever quot downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers and try to install it only to get the message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot and then quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried googling for info apparently it s a common-ish issue but I never found anything that worked ATI Drivers Error", VGA Installing Driver Catalyst "INF "Missing" I tried uninstalling anything ATI and then installing to no avail I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting after that also didn t work it popped up with quot New hardware found quot after the "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers After an unedifying series of adventures I got to http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind which has several drivers for my mobo I first downloaded obviously the VGA "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers driver and tried to run setup Unfortunately after preparing the install an Error message pops up saying quot The system "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly and restart the setup program quot I then tried downloading the AGP upgrade installed it but nothing changed I also downloaded the BIOS update since it mentioned a VGA upgrade but I m uncomfortable with upgrading the BIOS if it s possible that that s not the main issue I ve tried using add remove programs to remove any ATI from my computer I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried reinstalling Windows XP on a different Hard Drive Nothing seems to work If this could be solved ASAP that would be lovely as I m going through video game withdrawl here also scrolling in Firefox is all jerky and some videos are jerky when playing Robbie B P s A nearly identical problem came up here http www techspot com vb topic html and no one sorted it out for that guy I hope this goes better nbsp

A:"INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

the radeon is not integrated with your motherboard, and the onboard video has probably been disabled in the BIOS. to install the appropriate drivers for an ATI radeon 8500 card you need to download and install the drivers from ati's website. from there you can download the latest version of catalyst and install that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inf-error-vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55154/
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi just as the question title says I am having a RunDLL error with the windows dll RUNDLL ~ Loading could ~ Streamci" found" be "The "Error Specified module not quot streamci dll quot I am getting this error while trying to install my Audio Drivers on my newly set up XP OS During the installation of XP a couple of files were not copied properly because the CD was scratched up pretty badly but I had no other copy of the CD I had to just skip and hope windows installed and was usable Are there any tools that can scan RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found" your computer for missing windows DLL s and re-install them I have already tried downloading the file streamci dll from the internet and installing it with Code regsvr streamci dll in the command line but I get the following error RegSvr quot Streamci dll was loaded but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found This file can not be registered quot Click to expand Would downloading and re-installing SP from microsoft possibly fix this problem Any Ideas nbsp

A:RUNDLL ~ "Error Loading Streamci" ~ "The Specified module could not be found"

What version of XP Pro did you install with that CD?

XP Pro original

XP Pro SP1

XP Pro SP2

Have you downloaded and installed the SP3 upgrade?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rundll-error-loading-streamci-the-specified-module-could-not-be-found.918938/
Relevancy 103.85%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they might be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for about" spyware this HELP! log Hijack "DrWatson" included. "blank: and error the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn quot manually I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot blank about quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp MSN Search - res C Program Files MSN Tool... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-blank-about-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341149/
Relevancy 103.85%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they log error spyware included. Hijack "DrWatson" "about:blank" and HELP! this might be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a "DrWatson" error and "about:blank" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn "DrWatson" error and "about:blank" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. quot manually I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot about blank quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot "DrWatson" error and "about:blank" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr e... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-about-blank-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341194/
Relevancy 103.85%

Windows XP SP I have two main problems and from some of the other threads I ve viewed they might error Hijack this "blank: HELP! "DrWatson" spyware included. log and about" be related Whenever I try to open quot My Computer quot or quot Control Panel quot etc I get this quot DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot Then my system freezez up for a while until I CTRL ALT DEL and end quot drwtsn quot manually "DrWatson" error and "blank: about" spyware HELP! Hijack this log included. I think I have some adware My internet hope page keeps reverting to quot about blank quot regardless of what I change it to I am also getting some porn links in my quot favorites quot list and if I delete them they just go back I ve run scans with Norton AdAware SE SpyBot and Nod and I also have SpywareBlaster running I don t know what to do Please help Here s my hijack this scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system javail exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Documents and Settings Quicksilver Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res C WINDOWS reajm dll sp html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - no file O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E A -DE C- E C-EE -ABB D F A E - C WINDOWS ntnj dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run winuf exe C WINDOWS system winuf exe O - HKLM Run sysqy exe C WINDOWS system sysqy exe O - HKLM RunOnce javail exe C WINDOWS system javail exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Extra context menu item amp MSN Search - res C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll search htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Exc... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drwatson-error-and-blank-about-spyware-help-hijack-this-log-included.341170/
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi I have a Toshiba r - PT E work laptop It is running Windows x Enterprise It has one GB stick of ram which is PC Windows Windows" getting Laptop "Error or hangs at "Starting 0xC0000225" works fine with this I have obtained a GB stick of ram which is PC With just this one in Windows works fine However if I have BOTH sticks put in the BIOS recognises that there is GB installed but Windows fails to boot It gets stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen If I restart it asks me if I want to start windows normally or to run the Windows repair If I try that I get the message quot Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225" Error xc The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I tried using a Windows System Restore disc but that doesnt work If I try either of the sticks in the laptop one at a time then Windows boots up fine Is this just down to the laptop not being compatible with the mixture of speeds I thought that if they were mixed it would just use the lower speed by default So confused

A:Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225"

Hello borito, Welcome to SevenForums!

Is this a laptop provided by a company you work for by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331694-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-getting-error-0xc0000225.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Wanted to resurrect an older thread but its closed http forums techguy org windows-xp -error-moving-file-folder-directory html Please read completely before responding I am a year IT pro most of it as a programmer I am the geek in charge of a tech non profit org in "directory not empty" is or folder" "Error file moving -- Hawaii www HawaiianHope org so yea i have at least half a clue Here is the deal In doing drive copies data recoveries etc when we are moving a mass amount of data from one drive to another we run into this problem a lot quot Error moving file or folder quot -- quot directory is not empty quot If you restart the move it will continue on "Error moving file or folder" -- "directory is not empty" and keep going restart enough times and eventually it will move all directories I think its a programming issue with windows and wonder if anyone has a work around I have a suspicion that the copy process is getting out of sequence That it is trying to move a folder before it actually emptied it Possibilities are windows forgot its place in moving through and navigating numerous sub directories and it is having a problem with recursive calls Computers with hyper threading or dual core processors are spawning the movement of files across multiple processes and some are getting ahead of the other It did actually move the file but the cache or something in memory has not updated or the full data write has not completed yet before it tried to move the directory delayed write Yes you can copy and then delete the old but that takes longer a LOT longer if the process crashes for any reason you have to start again Moving files ensures that you have everything you need the first time through Anyone else run into this problem and anyone know how to get MS to take a look I think i have seen others run into the same problem with Vista and as well with the same circumstances THANKS nbsp

A:"Error moving file or folder" -- "directory is not empty"

This is a known issue. It is by design.

As you may know, moving is in its essence an unsafe process. It would be better to use the actual sequence of copy and then delete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-moving-file-or-folder-directory-is-not-empty.988967/
Relevancy 103.85%

I received the following error message after windows update completed updating my system. I have Windows Vista Home x64. The error message was:

"WindowsUpdate_8000FFFF" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

What does this mean and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks in advance

A:"WindowsUpdate_8000FFFF" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

I believe that it could have something to do with your anti virus protection - try disabling it and then run the update again. It should work.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/197774-windowsupdate_8000ffff-windowsupdate_dt000.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Hello,
I'm trying to update my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10. During this try i realised that i have already installed the SP1, so now I'm looking for the Windows 10 little picture to take part to the update. My PC shows me a message that it can't search
for new updates and this error code "WindowsUpdate_800F081F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000". What can i do? Please help me.
Friendly,
Antzi Grumic

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc6db807-14ed-4008-9167-3d00aeb62106/quotwindowsupdate800f081fquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi,
I've done a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Professional and allowed all windows updates to install. I have then installed Office 2007 Standard, applied updates and then finally installed SQL 2008 R2 Developer Edition. After installing SQL 2008 R2 Developer,
my windows updates no longer work. I keep getting "WindowsUpdate_8024402F" when it checks for updates. Thinking something was wrong with the install, I re-installed from scratch and tried again but have the same issue after the SQL install.
I've tried Windows Update repairs but nothing seems to be helping
Anyone got any ideas?
Regards
Chris

A:"WindowsUpdate_8024402F" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi,
Thanks for your assistance here. The issue related to Proxy server interrupting the data between my client machine and the windows update servers. After turning this off temporarily (as the bypass didn't work), it resolved the issue.

Regards
Chris

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/729f1b33-038d-49a4-81a6-b64bc8b3bce8/quotwindowsupdate8024402fquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 103.85%

"WindowsUpdate_80244019" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

A:"WindowsUpdate_80244019" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi caiustitus, I recommend you submit a support incident to our Windows Update group via the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=6527&

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Also, for your information, I'd like to include the following KB article regarding the issue:

You cannot download updates when you access the Windows Update Web site from a Windows XP-based computer that is behind a firewall or a proxy server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226

Note: Though this KB article is for Windows XP, you can still try the steps on Windows Vista based computer.

Hope this helps!Sean Zhu - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b8f116-91f2-4fe7-8049-5ee4c196f305/quotwindowsupdate80244019quot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 103.85%

Hi, I keep getting this error when trying to update which causes it to fail & I think not being able to update is causing my computer to run very slow like it does every time an update comes until I restart the computer after update finished. this is
the error that keeps coming up."WindowsUpdate_8024002D"+"WindowsUpdate_dt000" If anyone can help I would be grateful. I have a very good security system installed & don't think I have any problems with security.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/097d21ac-8744-4327-ab3c-0a5251b2a5fc/quotwindowsupdate8024002dquotquotwindowsupdatedt000quot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 103.85%

hi...

lemme give some bck gnd first.....i'm using vista home basic on my dell inspiron 1420 lappy.

there were some issues related to my isp.....so was offline for long.....

last updates on my comp was somewhere in april or so......

now i'm back online....and cannot update...the error

"WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

no clue what tis means......any hlp????????

A:help on "WindowsUpdate_80072EFE" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi -

Try the suggestions from Microsoft TechNet --> http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...9-c8f1e97c71d5

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-on-windowsupdate_80072efe-windowsupdate_dt000-504114.html
Relevancy 103.85%

Updates not working, error code is "WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"| Gateway DX4710-UB301A | Intel Core2 Quad [email protected] w/6 Gb's of ram | Western Digital 640 Gb HDD | Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT | Dynex Sond Card w/5.1 Surround and Optical Audio Out |
|D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Card | Windows 7 RC | Ubuntu 9.10 alpha 2 |

A:"WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

none of those instructions worked, I am using Widows 7 RC Build 7100 by the way.
Hi
Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories.
Right Click the Command Prompt item and select the Run As Administrator option.
In the command prompt window, enter the following commands and press ENTER after each command.
net stop wuauserv 
net start wuauserv

Wait for each command to complete before entering the next command or exiting the command prompt window.
Exit the command prompt window.

Try Windows Update again.Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13cbd2fe-6b56-4287-826b-700acf3d7bbd/quotwindowsupdate80070005quot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 103.85%

I try to upgrade from Window 7 professional to Window 10 but it shows "WindowsUpdate_8007001B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000". Can someone to help?Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8c0903a-61c2-4ed3-8fcd-9b611c263c88/quotwindowsupdate8007001bquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 103.85%

"WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" I got this after trying to install service pack and a few other updates

A:"WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

It's asking to restart your computer after installing the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/148166-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000.html
Relevancy 103.85%
Relevancy 103.85%

"WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" This is the frist time I have incounted the error has any one a clue on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windowsupdate_80070bc9-windowsupdate_dt000.905426/
Relevancy 102.92%

im not sure why windows vista is doing this error how can i fix it The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" the memory could not be written'

there shouldnt be any reason it has happening on several applications from games to ie fire fox has done it as well if u can help i would be ever so gratefull

A:vista The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" error

Hi, let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-the-application-error-0x7c919af2-referenced-memory-ae-0x00000010-error.1113925/
Relevancy 102.3%

Listened to a french music website streaming new music. Afterwards, computer seized, 2 shortcuts added to desktop, default homepage reset. Upon trying to open new IE window, firewall requests to use Internet Explorer as a server. Try to open email, received the captioned DLL error messag.

Tried to shut down and reboot, received same DLL error message when trying to open IE and MS Outlook.

I'm running WindowsME, MS Outlook 2000 SR-1.

How do I go about restoring the computer to 7pm last evening before all these issues?

I'm also curious as to why Norton Antivirus and Zone Alarm did not detect this activity.

Help!

Relevancy 102.3%

Could some please explain the correct sequence or syntax of the http entries in the Internet Explorer s browser address line to invoke the name and password entry box for a D-Link Camera when accessing it remotely I have a dynamic host which has an address that is entered in the browser s open box in the following format http servername dynamichostnameortnumber The port numbers are the ports assigned to the two cameras The server Object" Authorization" "401 Messages "Protected Error and name is the same server name that is assigned to the router and the DYNdns host The dynamic host name is set up with DYNdns org and has been tested using their tools and is reported as working I have "401 Authorization" and "Protected Object" Error Messages tried the remote internet access on computers running both Windows XP home and professional service pack The cameras are DCS- G g Wireless cams Have configured cameras "401 Authorization" and "Protected Object" Error Messages If I am on my wireless intranet I can access the cameras by either typing in their local IPs into the "401 Authorization" and "Protected Object" Error Messages open box on the File Menu of Windows Internet Explorer or by using the IP Surveillance Software no problem so far Each camera has an internal static IP and each has been assigned its own HTTP port number which has been forwarded to the respective static IP in the Linksys WRT G router Each Camera has an administrator name and password that has been saved When accessing on my intranet either through IE or the Surveillance Software there is a drop down box that opens to input the name and password This works fine on the intranet The problem is that I can not remotely access either camera either through IE or the software as the box to input the name and password credentials does not automatically appear When outside of my intranet meaning on the internet when I enter my server name and the port number for either camera I get back one of two error messages quot Unauthorized Autorization Required quot or quot Protected Object quot The box for inputting either the administrator or user name and password does not appear or open and there is no option that appears to input a name and password This is not a port issue or a server issue as I have remotely tested the access to each camera by configuring each without admin user name and password access restrictions and they appear in the browser screen fine So the question is could anyone advise on what the proper html syntax or command sequences is to open the server remotely to access the name and password box to enter the credentials Thoughts and suggestions appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/401-authorization-and-protected-object-error-messages.865180/
Relevancy 102.3%

I have been unsuccessful in trying to print from several programs, although nothing else suspicious has been noted. The following is what happened as I tried printing from various programs:

Opera 7.50 -- Print preview simply provides no response (sometimes shuts down). Straight print attempt = shutdown w/error msg ""has encountered a problem and needs to close"

Notepad -- "Handle is invalid."

IE 6.00 -- Print preview shows, but attempt to print leads to msg "There was an internal error."

MS Word 2003 -- Print preview shows, but attempt to print leads to msg "… cannot … problem with current setup"

I'm using XP Home. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-print-handle-is-invalid-internal-error.285945/
Relevancy 102.3%

Please help us to troubleshoot the following problem in our Compaq NX 9000 Machine with Windows XP Professional Operating System:-

- An error shows with two options "Switch to" & "Retry" after booting the machine, which forces to press "Retry" button in the error window repeatedly and as you press this "Retry" button, "Start Menu" automatically opens and it then again asks to press "Retry" Button.

Thanks to all helping members.

Regards,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/an-error-shows-with-two-options-switch-to-retry.238755/
Relevancy 102.3%

well i installed the 64 bit drivers for my easycap DC60 eventually, but the problem i have now is that when i change my settings in AMCAP or the program they installed for me, i get an error saying something along the lines of "mini-driver "get" error and "mini-driver "set" error" when i highlight any boxes. Also i have noticed that many boxes are blanked out and different to those of other peoples (youtube tutorials)

any help would be greatly appretiated, thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-mini-driver-set-and-get-error-with-easycap-vista-x64.819710/
Relevancy 102.3%

Hello,
Following the forum guidelines I am posting a compressed file from your SF Diagnostic tool. This was done shortly after a BSOD.
Thanks for your support in helping me understand what is the cause of those frequent BSOD.
Joce

A:BSOD with "Invalid Attachment Process" and "IRQ..." error

Hi Joce & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Sun Aug 31 11:24:21.375 2014 (UTC + 5:30)***************************** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SynTP.sys

Probably caused by : SynTP.sys ( SynTP+3b9fb )

BugCheck 5, {ffffe0017069a900, ffffe001734f3580, 0, 1}
BugCheck Info: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT (5)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x5

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x5_SynTP+3b9fb

MaxSpeed: 2130

CurrentSpeed: 2128

BIOS Version 1.20

BIOS Release Date 12/17/09

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Product Name Satellite L550

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Aug 31 11:05:21.993 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

BugCheck 5, {ffffe000c99146c0, ffffe000cdaf7900, 0, 1}

PROCESS_NAME: Integrator.exe

BIOS Version 1.20

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Aug 31 11:02:51.478 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

BugCheck 5, {ffffe0006e7146c0, ffffe00071209080, 0, 1}

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

BIOS Version 1.20

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

**************************Sun Aug 31 11:00:13.378 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GUBootStartup.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GUBootStartup.sys

Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

BugCheck A, {ffffc000f4972068, 2, 1, fffff80221ef2d08}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: taskeng.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_GUBootStartup+1103

BIOS Version 1.20

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

**************************Sat Aug 30 10:14:00.246 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GUBootStartup.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GUBootStartup.sys

Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

BugCheck A, {ffffc001ba68cbf8, 2, 1, fffff800016f1d08}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: taskeng.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_GUBoo... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52928-bsod-invalid-attachment-process-irq-error.html
Relevancy 102.3%

At log on I get:

The instruction at "0x7c9161fa" referenced memory at "0x00000010" This memory could not be written/

Anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-0x7c9161fa-referenced-memory-at-0x00000010.874498/
Relevancy 102.3%

Get this every time I try to install it...whats going on here?

The only things I have which contain the word "QuickTime" are just some random audio codecs, a prefatch file in WINDOWS and a Photoshop file...

What could be causing this error? Registery issue? Argh, I need my iTunes back and to watch Apple Trailers! Grrr lol

Thanks in advance.

A:""QuickTime" is not a valid short file name" Error :S

I'd attempt a clean reinstall, again:

Go into Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
Remove these applications:
1. Apple Software Update
2. Apple Mobile Device Support
3. iTunes
4. QuickTime

Restart the computer
Download & Install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/
Launch the Utility: Start > Programs > Windows Install Clean Up
Select any of the above mentioned applications, and click Remove

Restart the computer again
Download & install iTunes again from here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/quicktime-is-not-a-valid-short-file-name-error-s-380601.html
Relevancy 102.3%

So after my Period class ended I headed off to my spare class to work on some assignments on the Mac My Flash Drive worked perfectly fine in and before Period then in Period it wasn't working On the Mac during my Period it "Needs be to and "Not Formatted" error USB Drive Accessible" Flash said quot Disk not accessible quot with three options I then tried four other computers using Windows and it shown quot G is not accessible - The Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot At home I plugged in the Flash Drive using Windows HP bit and the same error occurred So I tried the following things Downloading Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" over literally eight useless programs that searched in the Flash Drive and then asked for money didn't find any files at all or said quot Disk is not Valid quot Went into cmd and typed chkdsk d r Renamed the portion letter Deleting then installing the drivers unplugging then plugging the Flash Drive in It seems the drive is corrupt and I am not sure if it can be fixed at all even by the world's professionals Not too sure but I am hoping this can be fixed even if I have to send it to a store to use their software to recover my files and get the off that drive asap I have all important graphic and science work on there I have work that needs to be handed in around one week from today I never kept backups as this drive has worked with my for over - years with absolutely no problems like this I have switched on and off of using Windows and Macs with this drive before too PS My Flash Drive was at on the capacity display then when I plugged it in after Period it turned up like this PSS The drive's LED lights up so I don't think it is necessarily quot dead quot This is a very dear and important issue for me Thanks to all anyone who solves this

A:Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted"

Hi MattJoey,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Try partition recovery with the Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6 Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

or TestDisk (Windows version) TestDisk - CGSecurity

A trial using these for partition recovery that should help, here: Recover a flash drive turned RAW ? Partition Wizard and TestDisk.

( Read only the partition recovery portions in it. Do not attempt zero-write which I did to convert a good pendrive inaccessible for the recovery trial. You already have a bad drive. )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268721-flash-drive-usb-error-not-accessible-needs-formatted.html
Relevancy 102.3%

quot Authorization quot and quot Protected Object quot Error Messages Could some please explain the correct sequence or syntax of the http entries in the Internet Explorer "401 Unauthorized" and "Protected Messages Object" Error s browser address line to "401 Unauthorized" and "Protected Object" Error Messages invoke the name and password entry box for a D-Link Camera when accessing it remotely I have a dynamic host which has an address that is entered in the browser s open box in the following format http servername dynamichostnameortnumber The port numbers are the ports assigned to the two cameras The server name is the same server name that is assigned to the router and the DYNdns host The dynamic host name is set up with DYNdns org and has been tested using their tools and is reported as working I have tried the remote internet access on computers running both Windows XP home and professional service pack The cameras are DCS- G g Wireless cams Have configured cameras If I am on my wireless intranet I can access the cameras by either typing in their local IPs into the open box on the File Menu of Windows Internet Explorer or by using the IP Surveillance Software no problem so far Each camera has an internal static IP and each has been assigned its own HTTP port number which has been forwarded to the respective static IP in the Linksys WRT G router Each Camera has an administrator name and password that has been saved When accessing on my intranet either through IE or the Surveillance Software there is a drop down box that opens to input the name and password This works fine on the intranet The problem is that I can not remotely access either camera either through IE or the software as the box to input the name and password credentials does not automatically appear When outside of my intranet meaning on the internet when I enter my server name and the port number for either camera I get back one of two error messages quot Unauthorized Autorization Required quot or quot Protected Object quot The box for inputting either the administrator or user name and password does not appear or open and there is no option that appears to input a name and password This is not a port issue or a server issue as I have remotely tested the access to each camera by configuring each without admin user name and password access restrictions and they appear in the browser screen fine So the question is could anyone advise on what the proper html syntax or command sequences is to open the server remotely to access the name and password box to enter the credentials Thoughts and suggestions appreciated nbsp

A:"401 Unauthorized" and "Protected Object" Error Messages

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/865180-401-authorization-protected-object-error.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/401-unauthorized-and-protected-object-error-messages.865189/
Relevancy 102.3%

Hello - I've repeatedly tried and failed to install Service Pack 1. I have run the update readiness tool, and have run chkdsk and sfc. I've tried installing through Windows Update, as well as downloading the standalone installer from Microsoft.

The former results in an "unknown error"; the latter results in a window saying that "the specified service does not exist as an installed service" almost immediately after trying. A similar message has come up occasionally in recent days when trying to install a couple of other programs.

I'm currently out of ideas and would appreciate any help. Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399749-sp1-wont-install-unknown-error-service-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 102.3%

Basic system description Desktop PC about years old with Motherboard Asus P Q-E Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz RAM amount GB Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack OEM bit Graphics Cards I have two installed and software controllable CrossFire AMD Radeon HD driving monitors Driver version Hard drive TB Western Digital WDC WD FALS- J B Crash situation and background The system tends to crash with no application running or all applications running By quot applications quot I mean -other than standard chart and browsers Battlefield Limited Edition Sierra Chart Sierra Chart - Futures Stocks Forex Charting and Trading Software Platform InteractiveBrokers com Picasa Adoble Lightroom Last week I installed the latest drivers for most and including the video card drivers after a whole series of BSoD and also UNINSTALLED Battlefield I thought I fixed the problem and this computer feels and error BSoD with "Ntfs.sys" "STOP:0x00000024" slightly faster etc Today while I was away and while the computer is running item and the computer gave me a BSoD as per attached screen shot HELP

A:BSoD with "STOP:0x00000024" error and "Ntfs.sys"

Hello rting,
You have quite a few different types of crashes there.
Before we investigate the underlying causes it would be wise to do the following.

1. Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

2. McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227620-bsod-stop-0x00000024-error-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 102.3%

Could some please explain the correct sequence or syntax of the http entries in the Internet Explorer s browser address line to invoke the name and password entry box for a D-Link Camera when accessing it remotely Unauthorized" and Messages Error "401 Object" "Protected I have a dynamic host which has an address that is entered in the browser "401 Unauthorized" and "Protected Object" Error Messages s open box in the following format http servername dynamichostnameortnumber The port numbers are the ports assigned to the two cameras The server name is the same server name that is assigned to the router and the DYNdns host The dynamic host name is set up with DYNdns org and has been tested using their tools and is reported as working I have tried the remote internet access on computers running both Windows XP home and professional service pack The cameras are DCS- G g Wireless cams Have configured cameras If I am on my wireless intranet I can access the cameras by either typing in their local IPs into the open box on the File Menu of Windows Internet Explorer or by using the IP Surveillance Software no problem so far Each camera has "401 Unauthorized" and "Protected Object" Error Messages an internal static IP and each has been assigned its own HTTP port number which has been forwarded to the respective static IP in the Linksys WRT G router Each Camera has an administrator name and password that has been saved When accessing on my intranet either through IE or the Surveillance Software there is a drop down box that opens to input the name and password This works fine on the intranet The problem is that I can not remotely access either camera either through IE or the software as the box to input the name and password credentials does not automatically appear When outside of my intranet meaning on the internet when I enter my server name and the port number for either camera I get back one of two error messages quot Unauthorized Autorization Required quot or quot Protected Object the Object is Protected quot The box for inputting either the administrator or user name and password does not appear or open and there is no option that appears to input a name and password This is not a port issue or a server issue as I have remotely tested the access to each camera by configuring each without admin user name and password access restrictions and they appear in the browser screen fine So the question is could anyone advise on what the proper html syntax or command sequences is to open the host remotely to access the name and password box to enter the credentials Thoughts and suggestions appreciated nbsp

A:"401 Unauthorized" and "Protected Object" Error Messages

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/865180-401-authorization-protected-object-error.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/401-unauthorized-and-protected-object-error-messages.865197/
Relevancy 101.99%

Hi Guys, any ideas how to access my external hard drive [TOSHIBA MK3029GACE] device manager can see it but it does not appear in disc management.

I use this HDD perfectly in my car HDD player. But when I try to connect it to my Laptop, it does not show up in disk management.

Please check the attached screen shot..

Thanks for the help....

A:HDD shows in "Device Manager" but not in "DiskPart"or" Disk Management

Specs show that drive has a ATA-6 interface (P-ATA, or IDE). How are you connecting this drive to your laptop? Does the laptop have a PATA or SATA connection? Does it use an adapter?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347111-hdd-shows-device-manager-but-not-diskpart-disk-management.html
Relevancy 101.99%

Hello everyone
I have this problem for more than 3 months for now...

The INSTRUCTION AT "0x00a96ce0"referenced memory at "000000000" couldn't be written".

That's always what i get when i restart my computer,just before screen goes dark.
I believe that it has to do something with Microsoft updates.The reason i believe this, is that i once reinstalled my PC and didn't have any problem until i didn't update my PC.
And i posted here that thinking my problem was solved but unfortunately i was wrong.

Please if you have any tips on this one let me know it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/0x00a96ce0-referenced-memory-at-000000000-couldnt-be-written.662744/
Relevancy 101.06%

as described in the title when i boot my laptop http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E R i get the quot disk read error - gt press cntrl alt del to restart quot message I then tried to access the backup partition through f only to run into this error quot status xc e Info an unexpected I O error has occurred quot it seems that it I/O read f10 occured"at "a in startup error" and "unexpected disk error cant communicate with my hard drive I read a few other forum posts but didnt see anyone have the xc e error also Bios boot priorities are in order if that matters Is there a fix without having to "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 replace the entire HD and buy a new vista installation preinstalled w no disc in the box Im very reluctant to take it to a service center as i can very likely fix it myself with the help of the friendly people here of course only problem is im having a "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 little trouble finding my HD in this damn notebook heh ill figure that part out new to notebook repair Thanks in advance Danny edit found the HD doesnt look like it even uses a cable just plugs right into what i assume is the mb dont know if that helps just supplying what i can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occured-at-startup-and-unexpected-i-o-error-in-f10.773506/
Relevancy 101.06%

OK I'm looking for some help getting rid of theses creeps I have tried several "xads", (I'm w/ help "xlime", here) new "Context3.kanoodle" programs including Spybot Spyblaster Lavasoft Mcafee etc etc with no luck I'm new to HijackThis but here we go Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SIZE Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C WINDOWS System Promon exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn (I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" exe C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System NMSSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcshield exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE G HijackThis exe G HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch (I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main (I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle" Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - EB - - -B -FBD D B FEA - C WINDOWS multimpp dll O - BHO no name - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar AdSubtract Toolbar - F AABDD- - e a- B - AC A B - C WINDOWS System adsubtb dll O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run Promon exe Promon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA McAfee com Agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - Startup AdSubtract lnk C Program Files interMute AdSubtract AdSub exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Find Fast lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office FINDFAST EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item AdSubtrac... Read more

A:(I'm new here) help w/ "xads", "xlime", "Context3.kanoodle"

hi pdx

please download the new hijackthis from here
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

and install it in it s own folder like this :

C:\hjtantivirus\hijackthis.exe

scan again with the new hjt and post a new log .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/im-new-here-help-w-xads-xlime-context3-kanoodle-23799.html