Windows Support Forum

z240 boot issue with dual monitor setup

Q: z240 boot issue with dual monitor setup

Issue: Whever the system is booted/rebooted after POST, while transfering control to OS, the system goes into a pause/halt (keyboard and mouse doesn't responds)Workaround: As soon as one of the monitors is turned off, seems control passes to Windows 7 ("Loading windows" on black screen shows up) and boots normally, now the monitor can be turned on and dual display works as usualAdditional info: While the system is paused, if the NUM/CAPS/SCROLL lock is pressed in a particular sequence (even though the lights actually don't respond), it looks like the key-press sequence gets stored in buffer. This is verfied once one of the monitor is turned off, the same keypress pattern lights up on the keyboardSetup: z240 with 2x23" monitor connected to Display-ports, HP smartcard keyboard and mouse connected to rear USB. BIOS version 1.11 (SP74759)Has anyone experianced similar issue or anyone has a fix for this?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: z240 boot issue with dual monitor setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: z240 boot issue with dual monitor setup

Same here.New Z240 workstation with Xeon E3-1245 v5 and two monitors HP Z24n, both attached on the motherboard's DisplayPorts.OS: Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Sp1 with latest patches and drivers (including monitors' one), BIOS (01.27 Rev.A) I found two workarounds: power down and restart, or briefly attach another DVI monitor. I will try your trick to power off a monitor. P.S. Initially I had the same problem using two Samsung DVI monitors and HP DisplayPort->DVI adapters. I thought it was a problem with the signal conversion and changed monitors. Probably this post is an instance of the same problem:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z-240-Video/m-p/546...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z240-boot-issue-with-dual-monitor-setup/td-p/5531610
Relevancy 85.57%

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T Docking station Thinkpad mini dock series Monitors Flat Panel Monitors FP VGA and DVI connecting I have the same setup at home that I have at work Just different monitors Same docking station and transport my laptop from work to home At work I can plug my laptop into the docking station close the laptop and my display comes up on my monitors At home if I close my laptop it shows nothing on either monitor If I leave it open it shows on the laptop screen and the monitor that is hooked up by VGA If I go into Display and Screen Resolution it is detecting my rd monitor however no matter how many ways I issue setup Dual monitor try to extend it copy it etc the rd monitor still will not show up I want to have it like I do at work where I can close my laptop and show up on both monitors Please someone help me I ve switched out the chords to each monitor to see if that helped but still only able to connect to the VGA screen could this indicate that it s the DVI that is the issue I ve even tried using a docking station from work to see if my docking station was the issue and it s the same thing thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-issue.1152214/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a second Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS monitor to match my existing one. These monitors have inbuilt speakers.

With a single monitor, I connected the audio cable from the audio out jack on my inbuilt sound card to the audio in jack on the monitor - no problems, sound all OK. However, I would also like the sound to come from the speakers on the 2nd monitor - ie. sound from all 4 speakers.

The question is : how do I do that? I notice that on each monitor there is a audio out jack. Can I connect an audio cable from the audio out jack on the 1st monitor, and connect the other end into the audio-in jack on the 2nd monitor? Or will that just result in sound from the 2nd monitor only?

Thanks,
Golden

A:Sound issue...new Dual Monitor Setup

Better idea if that is what you want to do, connect the second monitor to the rear out jack (black one) and then set it to 4/4.1 in the speaker properties.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146885-sound-issue-new-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,

I have an HP Envy with Win8 pre-installed. I am trying to do a dual boot setup with windows 7, as some of the software I use daily, is not compatible with win8. The new software has yet to be released, and will not run in any compatibility modes.

Knowing this is beating a dead horse, I have searched for hours, and have gotten some of the pre-req stuff done ie: created virtual drive 20gb, initialized it, turned UEFI Mode/Secure Boot OFF, etc.

I can see the vhd, but when I try to load win7, the vhd is not visible. When I exit win7 install, and win8 reboots, I can no longer see the vhd.

I'm sure I'm not doing something right.

A:dual boot setup issue HP envy with win8 pre-installed

Welcome to EightForums.

Take a look at the NOTE at end this tutorial:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

Also take note of Step Three, you will need the BIOS setting.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19005-dual-boot-setup-issue-hp-envy-win8-pre-installed.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I've been running a multi-monitor setup for a while now with an ASUS VG QE Hz monitor as my main and one or more spare monitors as secondary displays I've set the ASUS monitor to Hz without issue in the past while the other monitors at 60Hz Dual setup 144Hz locks monitor monitor stay at Hz The other night Windows wanted to update I figured it was the usual patch session so I let it do its thing However after restarting my computer I noticed that my ASUS Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz monitor would only operate at Hz if it was the only monitor plugged Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz into the system When I try to set it higher in the Nvidia control panel it just reverts back to Hz after applying changes I updated my graphics drivers though I was only one version behind and even sought a special ASUS driver for the monitor to resolve the issue but nothing has helped Did Windows recently add a forced refresh rate sync between all monitors recently If so that really sucks because I only own one Hz monitor

A:Dual monitor setup locks 144Hz monitor at 60Hz

Are you sure the other monitors are independent (dual or multiple mode) rather than cloning the main monitor? If they clone the main monitor, then this explains the 60Hz refresh rate, as all settings (resolution, color depth, refresh rate) should be common for all monitors and the others can only do 60Hz.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/31124-dual-monitor-setup-locks-144hz-monitor-60hz.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am having troubles getting my dual monitors back.
Initially had a GeForce 8400GS 512MB PCI video card and was using the on board video (Biostar G41 M7 MB) for dual VGA monitor setup.

I've installed a Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI-E video card with monitor one setup via DVI to VGA adapter on output one and 2nd monitor on VGA onboard video.
I cannot get the second monitor to detect in any configuration. Tried looking in BIOS of MB, using 2nd DVI (w/ vga adapter) on Radeon card.

Am at a loss and I hope I have provided enough information for some assistance.

Much appreciated

Weeg

A:Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor

Quote: Originally Posted by Weeg

I am having troubles getting my dual monitors back.
Initially had a GeForce 8400GS 512MB PCI video card and was using the on board video (Biostar G41 M7 MB) for dual VGA monitor setup.

I've installed a Radeon HD 6670 1GB PCI-E video card with monitor one setup via DVI to VGA adapter on output one and 2nd monitor on VGA onboard video.
I cannot get the second monitor to detect in any configuration. Tried looking in BIOS of MB, using 2nd DVI (w/ vga adapter) on Radeon card.

I don't understand why you are using a combination of DVI (to VGA) out of your HD6670 to one monitor, and also using the VGA out of your motherboard to the other monitor.

Am I interpreting what you've done correctly? You are using just the DVI output from your HD6670 through a DVI-to-VGA adapter and on to your first monitor, and also using the VGA output from the onboard graphics of the motherboard to feed the second monitor? If so, this is very wrong.

Your new HD6670 has TWO video outputs of its own: one is DVI, and the other is VGA. You should connect your second analog monitor to the VGA output of the HD6670, not to the onboard graphics VGA output.

Also, if you can disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS that's definitely what you should do when you install an external video card as you've done. At the very least you should give priority to the new PCIe video over PCI (which was your old GeForce card, and probably onboard graphics chip as well?), although "AUTO" might be just as acceptable. I'd still disable onboard graphics if I could.

You might have been using a combination of the old GeForce video card and onboard graphics before (did that GeForce card only have a single output?), but the new HD6670 has dual-output of its own, and that's how you should connect your two monitors... to the two outputs of the HD6670. I suspect that while your old dual-monitor setup was kind of a kluge of PCI-GeForce and PCI-onboard graphics and worked fine, the new setup involving the PCIe 2.1 HD6670 is a different beast entirely. Probably the onboard graphics output is being suppressed by the BIOS in light of the PCIe graphics card, but who knows.

Anyway the correct setup for you is to use the dual video outputs of your HD6670 to support your dual monitors. You should NOT be using onboard graphics at all, and if possible it should be disabled in the BIOS settings of your motherboard.

The ATI Catalyst drivers that manage your HD6670 are prepared to support your two monitors directly connected to the two video outputs on the HD6670 itself. The DVI->VGA adapter to one monitor, and VGA to the second monitor... this is a standard setup.

Have you installed or upgraded to the latest Catalyst drivers from the ATI/AMD support site? This is a good idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/211727-radeon-hd-6670-dual-monitor-setup-not-detecting-2nd-monitor.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Running dual monitors in Win 10 and when going through the Color calibration steps on monitor #2 (Control panel / Display / Calibrate color) the settings stick as long as the 2nd monitor is active.

If I switch to single display (Windows Key + P / PC Screen only) then the 2nd monitor loses its color calibration. Also anytime I reboot my PC (Even if I have both monitors active) the 2nd monitor loses my calibration.

The 2nd monitor has a fairly strong bias for the color Green so I can always tell right away.

I'm probably overlooking something and was hoping someone might of dealt with this before

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68711-dual-monitor-setup-monitor-2-keeps-losing-color-calibration.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I basically need conformation that I'll need to buy a new monitor in order to have a dual monitor set up Dual 2nd detecting Radeon HD setup Monitor monitor 6670 not with my current system I'm not super tech savvy so if you need any other info please let me know I have a Radeon HD with ports an HMID VGA which is my monitors type and DVI Each port has a stamp next to it that indicates what port type it is supports the VGA has a CRI stamp next to it Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor though My main VGA monitor works fine with the VGA CRI port but my second I have to use a VGA to DVI adapter and it's not working I've gone through a lot of forums and found some conflicting information So I really want to know is it possible Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor to use a converter adapter or will I need to just go out and buy a new monitor that has a DVI hook up I hope I don't need a new monitor I'm on a very tight budget la sigh

A:Radeon HD 6670 Dual Monitor setup not detecting 2nd monitor

I would try one of these before giving up on the monitor:

Rosewill 10ft. DVI-A (24+5) Male to HD15 VGA Male Analog Video Cable w/ Ferrites Cores, Model RCW-900 - Newegg.com

Forget adapters, you might not a have a compatible one, the DVI connector has many variants.

Look at that cable end and make sure it would fit on your video card's female DVI connector (it should), it's DVI-A (analog only) to VGA which is analog only....

More info:

http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_cables.html

http://www.cableorganizer.com/articl...or-pinout.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/295933-radeon-hd-6670-dual-monitor-setup-not-detecting-2nd-monitor.html
Relevancy 70.52%

my beloved a64 box has stood by me for 3 years, but now i have to use serious software for school (video editing, flash, photoshop, autodesk) so i need a stronger machine... i still need to figure out the specs ill need but i have one main question at this point, KVM switches.

right now (in the a64) i have a radeon 9800 256 pushing 2 monitors at 1280*1024 and a kvm switch that allows one monitor, the keyboard and mouse to click to my linux box when i hit scroll lock twice fast. is there a such switch that could switch BOTH monitors and keyboard and mouse AND sound between my a64 box and future dual core intel? (or whatever you guys recomend lol)

A:dual system- dual monitor setup

You could get a better AMD processor if it is a socket 939 and then there would be no need for a new motherboard, a Skt 939 Athlon X2 would be good, if you dont wanna upgrade ur mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-system-dual-monitor-setup.57762/
Relevancy 70.52%

What is the best setup for running dual monitors with dual video cards?

Plug one monitor into one card and the other into the second card with Crossfire off, or turn on Crossfire and plug both monitors into the same video card?

Both monitors are the same.

A:Dual Monitor Setup w/ Dual ATI 4870x2

crossfire on, same card

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/91006-dual-monitor-setup-w-dual-ati-4870x2.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Ive read the Instructions on how to setup XP to dual-boot with Vista...
However, im concerned (and someone mentioned it happened to them in the thread)
that when XP SETUP is finished with the TX part of setup and reboots PC to go into the
rest of setup (GUI XP SETUP)) it wont continue....?
is this right>? ive read elsewhere that if the partitions for XP are created in Vista that it wont boot into the rest of setup....

I could make the partition during XP setup if this will help?

thanks

A:Vista/XP Dual Boot - Will XP setup continue into GUI setup after reboot of 1st part.?

When I did my dual boot [using win2k / vista] I used an existing partition that was created by vista. No problem at all. It is a little more difficult than say installing win2k after xp however as long as you follow the instructions there are no problems.

As always make an image of your system before you start. This way if something does go wrong, it is a simple matter to restore the image and be back where you started from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-xp-dual-boot-will-xp-setup-continue-into-gui-setup-after-reboot-of-1st-part.596140/
Relevancy 70.09%

Need help and Res. Start Issues Monitor 2nd Help, Monitor Setup Dual with dual monitor setup First time trying to do it Dual Monitor Setup Help, 2nd Monitor Res. and Start Issues Problems Second monitor does turn on but is only showing native resolution x but it has the ability to go up to x I want to to be able to set it to x Second monitor will Dual Monitor Setup Help, 2nd Monitor Res. and Start Issues not boot up along with computer I shut down my PC the monitor is still plugged in and it doesn't wake up automatically Things I've tried - Updating drivers obviously Nvidia etc - Uninstalling default driver of second monitor in Device Dual Monitor Setup Help, 2nd Monitor Res. and Start Issues Manager then rebooting computer then plugging out and replugging the monitor back in so it reinstalls because it doesn't boot up on its own - My Power Options is set to quot High Performance quot so that's not the reason why my nd monitor isn't booting up with my PC - I have tried plugging in the VGA cord of my second monitor into the mother board but it didn't come up General Information - The second monitor is an HP Compaq LE - The second monitor is plugged into my GPU via a VGA cord into an HDMI to VGA Pigtail Adapter company ATIVA into an HDMI port - The main monitor x is plugged into my GPU via a VGA cord into VGA to DVI-I Dual Link Adapter into a DVI-I port Picture of what I'm seeing I'm pretty sure I've got some of the terminology wrong I'm not a computer expert Any help is appreciated DXDIAG DxDiag txt

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/72938-dual-monitor-setup-help-2nd-monitor-res-start-issues.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Have a large screen tv on wall connected with HDMI to computer. Have a Samsung monitor on my desktop. Cannot make the desktop my primary monitor no matter what I do. (although have had this working before). We had a break-in and monitor was stolen. So replaced with new but cannot make it primary.....always defaults to samsung tv on wall. I have tried all normal solutions.... unplugged all....began with desktop monitor....added tv, etc. Have spent way too many hours and am sure answer is simple. HELP PLEASE!

A:wrong primary monitor in dual monitor setup

Right click on your desktop, select Screen Resolution, then click on the screen you want to make primary. Select Multiple Displays, and it should be there!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/139113-wrong-primary-monitor-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a dual monitor setup, where the laptop is hooked to a 2nd monitor (TV) thru an HDMI . I primarily use the 2nd monitor. Can I blank screen the 1st (laptop screen) monitor, yet continue to use the 2nd monitor with the lid open for access to the keyboard?(I noticed with changed settings in Win7 control panel, I can close the lid without cutting off [sleep, hibernate or shut-off] the computer and had to reduce the 2nd monitor display to fit the visible screen. But to use the keyboard one has to open the laptop lid, which kicks in the 1st screen)Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/in-a-dual-monitor-setup-can-the-secondary-monitor-display-be/td-p/5769960
Relevancy 70.09%

I have the 2nd setup through a vga to hdmi cable but it just sits there black with "check signal cable."

2nd monitor is an lg2241

Tried:

- multiple re-boots
- downloaded a driver from LG but don't see that it did any kind of install. Double clicking it's zip file opened it and clicking on the three files did nothing but open gibberish code.
- at screen resolution I see multiple displays and I have it set on extended.
- Clicked detect and identify
- #2 says display device on vga
- tried unplugging and reconnecting the cable (hdmi to vga)

I'm lost. SOS!

lol!

Thx,
Dave

A:Dual monitor setup hdmi to vga on 2nd monitor shows nothing

Dave welcome to the Seven Forums.

That cable won't work unless the VGA port on the computer/laptop supports digital (highly unlikely), as VGA is an analogue signal and HDMI is digital. To get it to work you would need some kind of converter not an adapter, which that cable essentially is.

Assuming this is your monitor,

LG E2241V-BN: 22" Full HD LED LCD Monitor | LG USA

is says it has a VGA port on it. If it does then just use a plain old VGA cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370533-dual-monitor-setup-hdmi-vga-2nd-monitor-shows-nothing.html
Relevancy 70.09%

First of all hello And thanks for your time I am running a dual monitor setup with my TV hooked up via HDMI to my laptop Everything was working fine before I always had the laptop as my main display yet I could play a video or a game fullscreen on the TV Since a couple of days as soon as I put something in fullscreen it immediately goes on my laptop regardless if it's open on my TV or my laptop I don't remember changing installing anything that could've changed that I checked a bit in the AMD vision software and the Windows control pannel but I can't seem to solve my problem without switching my TV as the main display I also made a quick search on google as well as here but the problems were mainly with Flash which isn't in cause here Here are my system specs Toshiba Satellite L D Windows home premium -bit AMD Radeon Dual on monitor goes monitor - fullscreen wrong setup G Thanks Djoulz

A:Dual monitor setup - fullscreen goes on wrong monitor

My desktop has my LCD monitor through Display Port and my TV through DVI. What I do is have my multiple monitors set to "Extend these displays" and make the LCD the primary display. Ive included two pictures of what my settings look like, first is with the LCD(1) selected and the second is the TV(2).

I will say that sometimes the program you are using forces the fullscreen to go to the primary screen, I have had this trouble with Everquest a number of years ago. There was a program that you could run with the game that allowed you to put the game window into boxes, different screens and a bunch of other things.

I primarily use my TV for watching movies/tv, Media Player Classic does a great job of being able to open to fullscreen in either monitor, regardless of how the monitors are setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/246650-dual-monitor-setup-fullscreen-goes-wrong-monitor.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a PC which has a dual monitor setup. I have obtained a third backup screen. I was wondering if this screen could be a mirror screen for one of the monitors. I have students which come to my room all the time, so it is easier if I can hook the monitor near the desk rather than they stretch their heads or come over cramping the space there.

The monitor has to be mirrored as I can see what I'm doing on my side and they can see on their side.
Monitor (connection)
1st monitor: Dell S340L (HDMI)
2nd monitor: Dell E190S (VGA)
3rd Monitor: Acer x193W (this monitor will be the mirrored monitor) (DVI)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/386524-dual-monitor-mirror-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a PC which has a dual monitor setup. I have obtained a third backup screen. I was wondering if this screen could be a mirror screen for one of the monitors. I have students which come to my room all the time, so it is easier if I can hook the monitor near the desk rather than they stretch their heads or come over cramping the space there.

The monitor has to be mirrored as I can see what I'm doing on my side and they can see on their side.
Monitor (connection)
1st monitor: Dell S340L (HDMI)
2nd monitor: Dell E190S (VGA)
3rd Monitor: Acer x193W (this monitor will be the mirrored monitor) (DVI)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386524-dual-monitor-mirror-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi.

I want to use two monitors for two different scenarios:
1: Gaming on screen 1, connected through HDMI to my GPU, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, and browsing on screen 2, connected through VGA to my CPU/Motherboard
2: Working on both screen 1+2, while screen 1 is connected through HDMI to my GPU, ASUS GTX 980 Strix, and browsing on screen 2, connected through VGA to my CPU/Motherboard.

I've set my BIOS to enable IGPU, or whatever it's called, to supporth monitors when connected through both GPU and CPU, but can only get 1 of the monitors to work.

Please help

A:Dual monitor setup on GPU and CPU

You can`t do that, just use the GPU.

Why would you buy a 980 and not want to use it for all your monitors ???????????

Connect both monitors to the Asus

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/384111-dual-monitor-setup-gpu-cpu.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Is it worth setting up two monitors. I have an opportunity to get a brand new gateway 19" monitor for $100, still in the box. How hard is it to set up and what would the main benefits of dual monitor setup? Most of all would I really like it if I did a dual set up. Any body else have a dual set up, do you like it. Thanks.

A:Dual monitor setup

Hello Bassfisher,

If your graphics card as a secondary output on it, then your good to go with just connecting the monitor to the secondary connector on the card and installing the monitor's driver (if it has one). Pretty much that simple.

It really depends on your needs, but it makes having multiple windows opened a lot easier to see and organize by dragging some of them over to the second monitor.

I like it.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/208099-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I am setting up a new HP computer for dual monitors
I want to installed a3DFuxion GForce MX4000 PCI graphics card and use the CD card for the primary monitor and the stock (on motherboard) card for the secondary monitor.
Both monitors are VGA

Will this work?
The 3D Fuzion card requires me to uninstall the current display driver using Add/remove programs. the current system uses ATI video. I am hesitant to uninstall the current video unless I am sure the new setup will work.
any help is appreciated

A:Dual monitor setup

I think that's going to depend on how the MB graphics controller is handled by the BIOS. I believe some will be automatically disabled if you have a second video card.

I don't think the PCI bus is the best choice for video, doesn't that machine have an AGP slot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.431675/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all, The last time i ever dual screened my pc was a long time ago and i wasn't happy with the outcome because i couldn't run a full screen app (like a game) and use the other screen at the same time (for some obvious reasons that fall under game mechanics etc..) But, is there a way NOW to do this? - without playing in windowed mode.

I think i posted this int he right place - apologizes if it isn't!

Cheers.

A:Dual Monitor Setup - Is there a way....

I know on my dual setup, youtube will stop playing if i click somewhere on the other screen. Is that kinda what you mean?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-is-there-a-way.874113/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have just bought new graphics cards in the hope that i ll be able to run some kind of dual monitor system In the AGP slot I have a MB GeForce MX In the PCI slot I have a MB GeForce MX I have spent today trying to get it working to no avail Every time Monitor Dual Setup I set one monitor as primary or install it Dual Monitor Setup first as soon as I apply changes to extend my desktop on to the secondary monitor the screen just freezes and shuts down before having to restart windows from last known good configaration Another thing that is quite weird when setting primary VGA Dual Monitor Setup device in the BIOS Dual Monitor Setup it only gives the option of onboard VGA or AGP VGA nothing about the PCI device Yet if I only have the PCI card plugged in and take out the AGP card the PCI card outputs as default monitor when the BIOS is set to boot from onboard VGA confused nbsp

A:Dual Monitor Setup

Never tried it in WinXP but did in Win 98SE. THe PCI Graphics run as the primary monitor. If you are trying this in Win XP try designating the monitor connected to the PCI Video Card as primary monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.322920/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a friend I am trying to setup a dual monitor setup for and while I got it setup for the most part there is a could quirky things I cannot figure out His setup is an HP desktop computer with a Nvidia card with both VGA and DVI outputs His primary monitor DVI is setup in landscape while his new secondary monitor vga is setup landscape The desktop is setup as extended His goal is to run application on the secondary monitor all the time which is a Schwab investment program and use the primary monitor for everything else So before I setup the secondary monitor he would have the Schwab program opened up maximized to the now primary monitor so when you maximize it on the new secondary monitor it is displaying as if it is being viewed on the help monitor with a setup Need dual portrait orientation So then you have to start it on the primary monitor resize it and drag it to the secondary monitor My Need help with a dual monitor setup question is is there any way to Need help with a dual monitor setup change the way this application Need help with a dual monitor setup is opening so he can just click maximize and have it fill the secondary landscaped monitor

A:Need help with a dual monitor setup

Does the app open up full screen on the primary or does it do the same?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245376-need-help-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I monitor HELP! Setup Dual have a Samsung Series TV I also have an LG E monitor I am using a dual link DVI cable to use the hz on my monitor My TI Dual monitor Setup HELP! grphx card has a dual link DVI which i use for the monitor but NOT an HDMI output The TI graphics card has another Dual Link DVI connection but my TV does not Which means i have to use my onboard video which DOES have an HDMI to use the Dual monitor Setup HELP! Samsung TV as a second monitor All i want to do is use my TV for when Dual monitor Setup HELP! i watch movies and my monitor for everything else All i've done is go to display properties and try to do this from there but the samsung TV just says quot Check cable quot which i've already done Either that happens or both monitors go blank Please help Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated I built my computer Now i want to use my TV with

A:Dual monitor Setup HELP!

There is recent firmware for your TV available on Samsungs website.

Support for LE37C530F1W

I would imagine you may need the latest version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205821-dual-monitor-setup-help.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I Have a Toshiba Satellite C640 laptop with a standard VGA Graphics Adapter. (Windows 7)

Am trying to hook up an external monitor but only one works at a time. Tried using the Fn/F5 keys. Also the second monitor does not show up in the display settings even after trying the detect button. If the external monitor is connected before the machine boots it starts up but then I loose the laptop display and vice-versa.

Is it to do with no dedicated video card (graphics).

A:Dual Monitor setup

The Fn+F5 combo should give you five options on-screen provided that the external monitor is switched on & connected:

❖ Built-in display only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor (simultaneously)
❖ External monitor only
❖ Built-in display and external monitor (extended mode)
❖ Swap-Switch primary display between internal display
and external monitor when using extended desktop

If the external monitor is not switched on, some of the above options will not be available.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-monitor-setup-668037.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I want to setup dual monitors. After I learned the The Nvidia FX5500 graphics card that I had was not supported by Windows 7, I went out and bought the Nvidia 8400GS card. When I installed it, the Nvidia 9100 integrated card was no longer available/supported/installed. Specifically, I get get the computer to recognize one or the other graphics cards but not both at the same time. I am running Windows 7 and I have read that others have used this card for dual monitor applications so why can't I get the computer to recognize both graphics cards?

I assume the integrated video is not a physical card but video built into the motherboard. You can't have both. Inserting a video card into the motherboard automatically shuts down the onboard one. However your video card will support two monitors. There are two outputs on your video card. Plug the two monitors into the card and use Windows to set them up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.971053/
Relevancy 67.51%

i just received two LG monitors today. L196WTQ-BF. they both look amazing but i am having trouble setting them up. When i set them both to the native resolution of 1440x900 they both appear to go to that resolution but the desktop doesn't seem to fit on the screen. to see the left edge of the screen you must scroll over to the edge with the mouse and when you do this the right edge of the screen slides off the side.

anyone know why this is happening?

Relevancy 67.51%

First off hello I m new to this forum and from what I ve seen of the people here so far this will be a very educational journey and I will be here for a long while WooHoo Let me also start this post off by warning all those who dare to read I am a complete and total noob when it comes to anything about computers I know absolutely nothing about how they function and I will gladly admit to that only because I m attempting to educate myself on this matter Now that you have been warned let s get started As the title suggests I m looking Dual monitor help setup to make a dual monitor setup for my home desktop My computer is pretty much only used for online gaming and online banking On most Dual monitor setup help occasions while I m playing games online I thoroughly enjoy streaming videos and or internet radio in the background for a little extra entertainment That is where the dual monitor setup has come Dual monitor setup help into play I would like to expand my desktop onto a nd monitor to use that monitor for extra browsing video playing while gaming or doing other miscellaneous things on the first monitor I ve done a bit of Google browsing on my own in the past few hours and honestly it s just led me to confusion Hence the reason I began searching for a good forum to begin my journey with Now that you know my goal let me tell you a bit about the hardware I m using Please remember I m a total noob and have no idea what I m talking about with this stuff Desktop Compaq Presario CQ Y Single VGA Port Single DVI-D dual link Port AMD Athlon II u Processor ATI Radeon Graphics card I believe specs from home site Current Monitor Actually home TV quot I think Dynex tv nothing special Single HDMI Port Single VGA Port Current plug in to desktop AV In amp AV In Component plug-ins no clue what these are several colors though nd Monitor Monitor that came originally with desktop roughly quot very close to same size as the TV Single VGA Port Single DVI-D Dual link Port Now in my quest for knowledge earlier this evening I had discovered that I could possibly successfully complete the setup by running a matching DVI cable from the desktop to the nd Monitor and that could do the trick Well while researching a little about the DVI cable I discovered that this cable only transfers video no audio This is a issue as I would really prefer to have sound on both monitors so that I don t have to drag a video or radio to specific monitor at any given time that I d like to listen to something After being certain that I had confused myself on Google I took a trip to the local electronics tycoon to have a chat with their techs and see if they could help me I explained my situation and current knowledge to the gentlemen and upon being a little flustered and somewhat confused he basically told me that the DVI cable would work but getting sound probably wouldn t happen while extending my desktop across monitors he said quot the sound card would simply get confused on which monitor to produce sound from quot after that statement I got a little discouraged Especially after I began to explain to him that the nd monitor has no built in speakers like the current one does Because it s a TV He told me that my desktop should have a light green plug-in that I would normally run a wire from that to the monitor to connect my sound Which is done on my current monitor and that connecting a sound splitter and doing this with the second monitor would pretty much just confuse the sound card So if you ve made it this far I must say thanks and I feel that you are truly here to help if you ve taken the time to read this much Now that you know pretty much the entire story of my night with this what suggestions and or solutions might any of you have to help me If you do need additional information about the desktop monitors to aid in finding a solution I will be glad to attempt to find this information Again thanks for reading this far I apologize for some bad grammar and or spellin... Read more

A:Dual monitor setup help

You need another video card. Audio has nothing to do with dual monitors or your current setup. Dragging a program from one monitor to another doesn't move the audio from one to the other.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-help.1066600/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have one quot Monitor which Dual-Monitor? How a Setup to is here MAG HD inch flat screen LCD monitor data sheet I am planning to get a quot x p Monitor Instead of wasting my quot Monitor I would like to go Dual Boot with my current monitor I can see Ports the monitor can go in one is reserved already so There are Red ports My Belkin Adapter goes in one and a blue wire goes to the adapter to the quot monitor as it is a DVI Port however it only works with the left one There is one Blue port - I tried this with the Blue VGA Cable it didn't work There is one white port - Labelled DVI and it didn't work with my adapter and VGA Cable I have provided some images The bottom image is two red ports showing the adapter plugged in and in the adapter is the blue cable This is the monitor I have chosen to get BenQ G HDB Full HD TFT LCD quot DVI-D Monitor Ebuyer com I have an AMD Radeon HD Graphics Card Can anyone tell me what I How to Setup a Dual-Monitor? will need to do and if this will work and if it doesn't can anyone link me to a quot monitor under that will work

A:How to Setup a Dual-Monitor?

Hi there,

You mentioned dual-boot. I don't think it's possible to run two os's at the same time unless you use virtualization.

In windows 7, there's a very good, simple interface which allows you to change all the basic monitor settings.
The monitor you want to buy comes with a VGA cable, so you can use that one besides your old monitor.

When you right-click your desktop and click "screen resolution", you can change the way of how your different monitors connected to your pc are working.

View a complete tutorial here: How to Setup Dual Monitors in Windows 7

Hope this works!

Martin

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/207792-how-setup-dual-monitor.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Just installed a second monitor on my GF FX5700 graphics card. My question is does it matter which of the two monitors is analog and which is digial?
Right now I have the 21" primary monitor as analog and the secondary 19" as digital. Does it make a difference.

A:Dual Monitor setup

Shouldn't be any difference. You could try swapping the monitors just in case you notice a difference in picture quality but I doubt it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-setup.18485/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey all,

I am thinking about setting up a dual monitor on my PC. I tried to find a FAQ or tutorial on here but had no luck. I have 0% knowledge on how to set this up or even if i can on with my specs, so any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Phill3990

PS: if this is in the wrong section I apologize.

A:Dual monitor setup help

for that card you can have four displays. so should be no problems running 2 just need the appropriate connections on monitor and video card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/361895-dual-monitor-setup-help.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello all, I recently picked up a Compaq elite 8000 sff but soon realized that the power supply is not really upgradable, unless you do some serious rewiring. All I want to do is hook up a second monitor. The computer has 1 hdmi port and 1 vga port. The monitor has a vga and DVI-D port. I aready have one monitor attatched to the vga port. Are there any adaptors or workarounds for this? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Dual-Monitor-setup-help/td-p/5758081
Relevancy 67.51%

i help? setup dual monitor am an extreme noob so bare with me Well dual monitor setup help? i had a last post and that dual monitor setup help? wasn't all to good of dual monitor setup help? a start off so i will start from the list of things that i have Windows XP pro bit nVida GeForce FX has VGA DVI SVideo ok heres what i did b i had monitors one vga one and one dvi one and i hooked it up and i had i good dual monitor setup but when ever i loaded some programs the would give me a bsod screen and restart for example fsx dark basic and others that change resolution now i re installed nvida drivers and there updated i think i have the DVI monitor hooked up right now with display only i have the desktop manager software enabled and running and the Nvida control pannel running and what i want to now is that i want to have a horizontal span setup reason ok well i have seen that FSX can run on monitors and that you can have a really cool display with both displaying images can i do this on a dual monitor setup or not or do i need to get a better card preferably not What to i do now ok so do i go to set up multipul monitors and do it that way or is there another way to do it better theres one last question well i herd from a friend that in the display options like when you right click in the desktop then goto properties then settings the friend said that there was an option to enable dual monitor support before i had my setup i did not see that option and neither do i now im guessing that i don't have monitors hooked up now I am obsessed about getting this to work so if i am making any of you people here mad i'm sorry and Thank-You for the help that you have given me recently btw i got my processor to work and i got it hyperthreaded D

A:dual monitor setup help?

Quote: Originally Posted by xXINSANELOSERXx

btw i got my processor to work and i got it hyperthreaded =D

That was me that helped you. Did you go with a slight overclock or stock speeds?

You can follow this:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/43604-dual-monitor-setup-help.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I recently purchased a HP Pavilion Desktop - 510-p020 thnking that the advertised "multiple display capable" meant I could use the normal VGA to DVI connections.  However, this tower only has VGA and HDMI connections.  How can I setup 2 monitors for dual monitor access using VGA and HDMI connections?  Do I need to now buy a monitor with HDMI connection?  If, so how would I set the monitors up for dual access.  I just want to make sure if another purchase is necessary that I purchase the right accessories. 

@Dman2015?, welcome to the forum. Here is a guide that will help you understand what can be done with adapters.  If you already have two monitors, you can use adapters to connect them; HDMI (digital) to VGA (analog) or VGA to HDMI or DVI (digital), etc.  If you want to buy a new monitor, I suggest getting one with a HDMI connector.  You will get a far better picture with digital than you will with analog. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Dual-Monitor-Setup/td-p/5811656
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I am not sure where to submit this topic but the graphics card is sort of relevant in this situation So I Dual Setup Monitor thought I'd post it here If this is the wrong thread then please by all means move this to the correct one So I Dual Monitor Setup am having a little trouble with my dual monitor set-up I have connected a second monitor to my graphics card using a DVI-D adapter yet for some reason the monitor cannot be detected I've gone to the screen resolution window and Dual Monitor Setup hit the detect button but that does not seem to fix it I have done a lot of research online but cannot seem to find the solution A list of things I have done so far -Restarted the PC -Updated all drivers -Changed modes on the second monitor from Digital to Analog did not work for either of those -Held down the Windows button on my keyboard and chose the Extend option but that also did not work -I have connected the VGA cables from my main monitor to the DVI-D adapter to see if the adapter was broken but my desktop did show up on the second monitor so the adapter is fine I have also connected the VGA cables from the second monitor into the VGA port of my graphics card PC where the main monitor is connected to but that did not work either The second monitor just sits at a black screen that says quot Check Signal Cable quot with red coloured boxes under it Red Green and Blue This led me to believe that there was something wrong with the VGA cables from the second monitor So I tested out that cable on my main monitor and hooked it up to the VGA port on my graphics card and it seemed to work so I am not too sure what the problem is here I already have seen my desktop appear on the second monitor but I can't get both of them to work at the same time Not sure if this is of any help but I have the ATI Radeon HD graphics card Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Jason

Have you got catalyst installed?

if so try to detect the monitor from there

go into display options and select force tv detect,
and click apply, does it recognsie it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271193-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have 2 LCD screens hooked up to my video card at the moment and they are set at vertical (1A, 1B) configuration. When I play a game the second monitor turns off though. Is there a way I can keep my dual monitor configuration even during gaming? By the way I don't want the monitors to clone each other, but I would like a widescreen view. Thanks for your replies.

My secondary moniter goes all screwy when I play game like it changes resloution and random Icons from the other desktop appear on it. And if I do anything in the on not running the game it minimises the other screen. is there any way of preventing tht.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-setup.54220/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys-
I've got two of these crossfired and I would like to know how to connect a second display. I've never had a dual display set up before and am not exactly sure what peculiarities are (there are always peculiarities). My current monitor is plugged into the d-dvi port, leaving the HDMI and Display Port open. The monitor I'm trying to use only has d-dvi and vga out and is a different size than my primary.
Can I make this work?
Thanks!

Relevancy 67.51%

hi all, can someone give me basic instructions on setting up dual monitors
thanx

A:dual monitor setup

You need a graphic adapter with two outputs; connect each monitor to each output. For example most lower priced video cards will usually have a DVI and VGA out connectors, most monitors will have a DVI and VGA input connectors. Whatever configuration you choose, just make sure your monitors have the right connectors to hook up with the video adapter.
Maybe this video will help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtzAQ1hao7U

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup.1153637/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Simple Q before I explain the set-up problem Does HDMI output always overide DVI when activated I'm looking to get DVI Setup Nvidia GT (Using 440) Dual-Monitor as monitor and HDMI as monitor My set-up is PC with Gigabyte GT GV-N TC- Dual-Monitor Setup (Using Nvidia GT 440) GI card GPU using DVI and HDMI outputs From GPU DVI goes to BenQ Monitor - I want this as monitor main HDMI goes to LCD LG TV this is the second PC Monitor TV - I want this always as monitor For watching TV and also as an Extended display so I can watch movies etc on this as I work on the main monitor monitor Problem If I reboot the PC signal to monitor DVI is not present and monitor HDMI seems to take over as default if TV is turned off To correct this I have to unplug the HDMI lead from the GPU and the DVI signal returns which enables me to then boot the PC In Windows gt Screen Resolution and Nvidia Control Panel HDMI always takes over as Monitor even though the DVI is set as Main I've tried UltraMon and this allows me to set DVI as and HDMI as but Windows or Nvidia always override this So ultimately if I can get the DVI as monitor main and HDMI as monitor permanently the problem would be fixed Thanks for any input you can give Thanks Ian

A:Dual-Monitor Setup (Using Nvidia GT 440)

I would start from the beginning by reading this article.
Make Multiple Monitors Work for You | PCWorld

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/167153-dual-monitor-setup-using-nvidia-gt-440-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi there, I currently have a dual monitor gaming setup with my pc. I wanted to connect my ps4 to one of my monitors and switch between the ps4 and my pc to go back to dual screen or to the ps4. Is this possible and how so?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dual-monitor-console-setup-4606371/
Relevancy 66.65%

So I watch one monitor in a mirror. My question is this; Can I just mirror the secondary monitor (flip image horizontal)? I am running Windows XP Pro with sp3 and and ATI allinwonder 9800 Radeon with dual monitor output. Ffdshow lets me flip the image, but It flips it on both videos. It would be neat to look up and see the same image in the mirror that's on my screen and not backwards. It would be useful for watching movies with subtitles. I think Ultramon will do this, but I'm really looking for a free solution. Unfortunately, my cramped living quarters do not allow for moving the TV in front of me or turning the desk around. Someone must have run into this before. Thanks for reading this. PAJ692

A:Solved: I have a dual-monitor setup, but one of them is behind me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-have-a-dual-monitor-setup-but-one-of-them-is-behind-me.821716/
Relevancy 66.65%

Sorry if this is in the wrong place wasn't sure if it should be in the forum for GPUs or Hardware or not I have monitors x connected to my Nvidia GTX BenQ XL T Primary BenQ E HD Secondary I currently have monitor (Dual FPS issues New Setup) my XL T Primary set to hz and my E HD Secondary set to hz both connected by DVI This is the first time I have had more than a single monitor so sorry if this is a stupid question I have noticed that if I have a game running on my secondary monitor hz while I have anything else on my primary monitor hz I get FPS drops for that game If I play the game on my primary monitor hz while having anything else on my secondary monitor hz there are no FPS drops I also get no FPS drops if I play a game New monitor (Dual Setup) FPS issues on my secondary monitor if I lower my primary monitor from hz to hz and have both monitors running at hz and I know that it seems stupid to be playing a game on the secondary monitor but I am still curious So in short it seems I only get FPS drops with games on my secondary monitor hz when my primary monitor is set above hz I guess my main question is should this be happening Is this just the limit of my GPU or is there something else possibly at play here extra specs incase you need them Processor i GHz Ghz RAM GB OS Win Home Premium bit Currently the only real game I have tested this with is Shovel Knight and being that it isn't really a graphic intensive game I figure that this shouldn't be a problem thanks

A:New monitor (Dual Setup) FPS issues

My guess would be that the graphics card has to work harder when the refresh rate is set to 120 Hz. Two different refresh rates probably causes the GPU to work even harder, resulting in lower frame rates. Also, the secondary monitor is most likely not given priority by the system, again leading to lower frame rates.

Is there a specific reason that you need to run your primary monitor at 120 Hz? Does your frame rate on the primary monitor increase if you run it at 60 Hz? Myself, I would run the monitors at the same refresh rate to avoid potential stability problems, and situations like the one you are describing. But that's just me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/364213-new-monitor-dual-setup-fps-issues.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am looking to buy a new video card and a new monitor. I currently have a monitor with DVI output. I want to buy another with DVI output and make a dual monitor setup. But the video card I am looking at has HDMI and DVI. Will I be able to hook two DVI monitors up to that video card? (I think my motherboard also has DVI if that helps. Will the mobo and card DVIs work at the same time?)

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I have two monitors, and would like to setup a different wallpaper for each monitor while retaining the expanded screen option. How to go about that? I am using a Radeon 4770 HD if that helps.

Thanks

A:How to set different wallpapers on dual monitor setup?

I use DesktopFusion Pro, check it out here:
DisplayFusion: Multi-Monitor Taskbar and Desktop Wallpaper | Binary Fortress Software

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/20580-how-set-different-wallpapers-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, I have a Radeon HD 6850 graphics card in my machine. It has two monitor ports, both DVI. But DVI is so rare that I don't have any around. Thankfully it came with one adapter so I could plug in a monitor, but my second monitor can't plug in.

On the motherboard there is a VGA spot, but when I plug in one monitor to the graphics card directly and one to the motherboard the one on the motherboard doesn't show anything.

Is there any way I could put two monitors without buying another adapter for DVI?

A:Solved: Dual monitor setup

Hi,

The onboard graphics port will normally be disabled if you have an add-in card. If you want to setup dual monitor, there is no much option but to have compatible video cables/ adapters that will fit your Radeon HD 6850.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dual-monitor-setup.1087247/
Relevancy 66.65%

I was getting tired of having 2 screens opened for a tutorial i was working on when I remembered i have dual monitors. I went to the DESKTOP, PROPERTIES, ADVANCED, SETTINGS, DUAL MONITORS AND when i clicked on the second monitor and activated that monitor I now have a blank as in black screen.

I feel pretty stupid!
so now what , how can I force or revert to my last video settings if i can't even see the screen?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

A:Dual monitor setup now no video

sorry to bother. after yelling at it and booting up 4 times in the dark, the video setting reverted back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437060/dual-monitor-setup-now-no-video/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I currently have an old bulky quot Request Monitor for Dual Setup CRT and have Request for Dual Monitor Setup decided that now is a good time to finally upgrade to a nicer LCD monitor for my desktop I have been debating between getting a quot http www pricegrabber com search techspecs full php masterid or two quot http www pricegrabber com search techspecs full php masterid I d like to get the two quot LCDs but I m not sure if I can support an extended desktop My video card is a Leadtek Geforce ti with mb I tried testing out the dual monitor support but I only seem to have options for regular view clone horizontal and vertical spans I haven t been able to figure out a way to set up using an extended view the spans limit me to a total resolution of x I use a higher resolution x currently and want to keep it that way Is it possible to use an extended view or would I also have to get a new video card that supports it Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Right now, my Citrix server only has 1 video card. My desktop is setup with 2 video cards. Does my Citrix server need to have dual video cards?

Relevancy 66.65%

I've just seen Skotches two monitor setup in the photo gallery section and was well impressed, my question is this - is it possible to play games stretched across the two monitors?
Would you need a special gfx card to facilitate this?
Finally, are there any games that take advantage of two monitor setups specifically? (i.e imagine a flight sim where one monitor represents the cockpit view and the other displays the instrument panel)

A:games on dual monitor setup

I know X2:The Threat allows you to have a cockpit view on one screen and external/enemy/instrument on the other monitor. From what I know it only works with Nvidia cards at the moment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-on-dual-monitor-setup.12226/
Relevancy 66.65%

Evening all

I have a dual monitor setup and i would really like to be able to have different wallpapers on each one, would i have to install a 3rd party taskbar in order to be able to do this? If so i have heard a lot of people seem to use ultramon i believe its called, is there any good free alternates as i really dont have the cash at the mo to fork out for it.

hope you can help

many thanks

Have a great xmas everyone

A:Can i have some advice regarding my dual monitor setup

Here is a thread talking about that
How to set different wallpapers on dual monitor setup?
Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/131184-can-i-have-some-advice-regarding-my-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Quick question from a noob.

I have two computers sharing one desk. I have been curious about using a dual monitor set up. Is it possible to have a dual monitor set up on two different computers sharing the two monitors? I know 2 computers can share one monitor...but what about sharing two and not having to use one for each. If I'm going to have two monitors on the desk I would like to be able to utilize both of them.

Thanx!

A:Dual Monitor Setup on 2 Computers?

You'll probably end up not using that configuration too much as having the full processing power of two machines on side by side screens at the same time is usually significantly more productive, BUT as long as you have both DVI and VGA inputs on both screens and dual video out from each machine its not a problem, just utilize all four outputs and inputs and switch from analog to digital or vice versa on each monitor according to which computer you want to be working from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-on-2-computers.737230/
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm setting up Dual Monitors on my HIS Radeon GB GPU This GPU has x VGA and x DVI output I have two identical ASUS VW u 1GB Dual HIS Monitor 4870 - Setup? monitors I have installed the latest ATI Catalyst Suite and drivers for HIS 4870 1GB - Dual Monitor Setup? this GPU and have Windows up and running with BOTH monitors My issue HIS 4870 1GB - Dual Monitor Setup? however is my primary monitor DVI output is running at my ideal resolution of x HIS 4870 1GB - Dual Monitor Setup? but my second monitor VGA output can not run at this resolution It is only allowing me to choose from a small specific number of resolutions and x is not included closest is x IIRC The ATI Catalyst Control Centre is telling me the primary monitor is my ASUS VW u Digital which is correct but my nd monitor is only described as a quot Generic Non-PnP CRT Monitor quot despite installing the correct monitor drivers etc Is this because I am running this second monitor of the VGA output Will that cause my monitor to not be able to produce my desired x resolution And will running it off the VGA output mean It thinks its a CRT EDIT Had no problems with this on XP only since upgrading to Windows

A:HIS 4870 1GB - Dual Monitor Setup?

Your assumption about the VGA to DVI is probably correct. You could check that your second monitor is set to run at 60 Hz for refresh rate. If not, set it so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/32744-his-4870-1gb-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I currently have my WinXP workstation and Ubuntu dev box both hooked up to my 19" LCD monitor (XP via monitor's DVI input and Ubuntu via monitor's VGA input)... I will be adding a second LCD for some dual monitor action for my XP machine, BUT I also plan on buying a MacBook/Pro so I want the option of hooking it up to the secondary monitor of the main workstation (XP).

How do I go about setting this all up without having to deal with too much unplugging and plugging?:

- 2 LCD monitors, both have DVI & VGA inputs
-- XP workstation, dual monitor action, both via DVI
-- Ubuntu box, VGA on either (doesn't matter)
-- MacBook, secondary monitor, via DVI

TIA

A:Dual monitor setup w/ 3 computers?

Sounds like you need to investigate buying suitable KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch boxes and not bother using the Keyboard and mouse ports, (unless you want to switch them on the XP and Ubantu boxes). You can get KVMs with VGA connections for the video portion fairly cheap (under $25 USD). From what I could find, some of the DVI based KVMs cost almost as much as a low end LCD monitor.

When comparing prices of KVMs, be sure to add the prices of any needed cables that are not built into or come with the KVM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-w-3-computers.549520/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I'm having problems setting up dual monitors with my Toshiba Laptop and my LG L TQ monitor st When I look at the Display properties I am only seeing two Display options Multiple Monitors on NVIDIA GeForce MX LG L TQ Analog on NVIDIA GeForce MX I have the disabled in my devices and have the LG L Problem in XP monitor setup with dual TQ Digital enabled however the Digital doesn't appear in the above Display properties which is confusing My problem is that I do see image on both laptop screen and LG screen however when I select to quot Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor I don't see images on my LG monitor just my laptop and cannot extend my desktop Problem with dual monitor setup in XP Also If I try to run any Windows Media it only appears on my laptop screen and not my LG Monitor I have updated drivers from my LG monitor install CD Followed the steps exactly Searched the web for similar problems to no avail I know I'm doing something wrong or have configured something wrong just don't know what I have done or not done I hope I have provided all information necessary I would really appreciate any help or point me to some relevant info on the web Thanks much Melodie

A:Problem with dual monitor setup in XP

hello & welcome to TSF,

have you checked this out

link

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../monitors.mspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-with-dual-monitor-setup-in-xp-222180.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a ATI Radeon X300 video card. I have an lcd monitor (max resolution 1280 x1024, 75Hz) hooked up as the primary. I have a 50" Vizio P50HDTV10A plasma (native resolution 1366 x 768) hooked up as the secondary via a DVI to HDMI cable. They are in different rooms (monitor is in a bedroom, plasma is in the living room).

I have the primary cloned onto the secondary, but i am having a problem setting the display resolutions for each screen seperately. In order for it to be clear and readable on the plasma, I have to set the resolution to 1366x768 on the lcd monitor. Is there a way to have seperate resolutions on different monitors when cloning one to the other?

A:Dual Monitor Setup Problem

you should be able to right click on your desktop and select properties. Under the display settings where you change the res you should see two monitors (1 & 2
) to change the res of a monitor or in this case a plasma (<- v jealous ) click on one of the numbers and you should then be able to change the settings.

Hope this helps

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitor-setup-problem.99212/
Relevancy 66.65%

Good Morning,

I have an hp 5150 machine running Windows XP with a Radeon xpress 200 graphics card. The card has 1 VGA and 1 DVI port. My question is: Can you setup dual monitors using 2 VGA monitors?

Currently, the first monitor is directly into the VGA port on the graphics card and does not have an issue. The second monitor has a VGA female to DVI male adapter hooking it into the DVI port on the graphics card and it does not work. The monitor immediately goes into power save mode.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey Ho Everybody I am running a setup HDTV? Dual Monitor + self-built computer with the following specs AMD Athlon X Dual Core Gigabyte GA-M L-S Motherboard GB RAM Foxconn Nvidia Geforce GT Dual Monitor setup + HDTV? MB Graphics card I was thinking of buying Dual Monitor setup + HDTV? two TFT-monitors and using them as dual monitors Preferably I would like to use DVI to connect them My graphics card however does not have dual DVI outputs Would it be possible to buy another graphics card such as the MSI HD PRO PCI-E which has dual DVI and using these cards simultaneously Secondly I was wondering if it would be possible to connect the computer to a HDTV as well for streaming video and playing games etc In that case could I connect it to my primary graphics card Nvidia Geforce GT MB while using the secondary graphics card for the monitors Would the HDTV then have a cloned picture of both the monitors or just one of them Is this even possible Thankful for answers Fredrik nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-hdtv.776622/
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright I'm planning on using dual monitor (maybe tri monitor) with my current system. I have a Geforce 3 ti200 without dvi. I'm planning on purchasing an ati radeon 7000 32 mb ddr pci with dvi so I can use dual monitor setup. I have an extra monitor lieing around too.

First question, can I even do this and would it require anything else than what I listed?

Second question, how do i switch using the monitors as in... will i need another mouse or how do i switch controlling with my mouse. If i'm playing a game on one monitor and then have my desktop on the other monitor how will i swap from one to another using my mouse?

Thanks guys

A:A few questions about dual monitor setup

Just in case you didn't get it on IRC here's the link...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/customize/multimonitor.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-few-questions-about-dual-monitor-setup.5507/
Relevancy 66.65%

Is there a way to keep Windows requesters from popping up in the middle of a dual monitor configuration? While we want everything else to stretch between the two monitors, we'd like the requesters to pop up on one of the monitors so we don't have to move it to be able to read it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/requesters-dual-monitor-setup.249991/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,

I've recently purchased a new pc and 2 new monitors. The monitors both have VGA inputs only, and the pc has 1 VGA output and 1 DVI-D output. I've been looking online and it seems it's not just a case of buying a dvi-d to vga adaptor, believe it or not I did find one for sale on Amazon! From what I can tell my options are to buy 1 new monitor that has a DVI input, buy a new graphics that has dual vga outputs or 1 dvi-i and 1 vga. What else would you guys recommend?

Thanks.
Wes

Relevancy 66.65%

My questions but first a bit of back ground Win bit Ultimate my setup Monitor Dual questions MB is an ASUS M A -EM and am using the integrated graphics which is the ADI Radeon chip card driver up to date The above MB supports HDMI VGA and DVI-D Recently replaced my aging but still quite usable inch Hanns-G HC D monitor with a inch ASUS H The swap over was simple enough everything plug and Dual Monitor setup questions play DVI to DVI everything working and displaying just fine on the new monitor and I am more then happy with it So there was my Hanns-G doing nothing I have read so much about the benefits of dual monitors but what do I want with dual monitor Dual Monitor setup questions set up my new screen had more then enough desktop clutter space but there was the Hanns-G just asking to be hung and connected so I did just that VGA to VGA cable then went to start control panel display made sure everything showed up that the ASUS was set as my main monitor that quot Extend these displays quot was chosen and clicked OK On the ASUS side of things the resolution is set as recommended x the Hanns-G x I restarted the PC Now what seriously what should I be expecting Having restarted the PC everything seemed s to be working fine in as much as on my ASUS everything is normal my desktop is showing along with desktop icons and the back ground wall paper but on the second monitor just the wall paper is showing no icons nothing I can drag my mouse cursor across from screen to screen I can drag a document over to the second monitor but when I click to open it only opens on the main monitor What am I not understanding is this how it should be or where have I gone wrong in setting things up

A:Dual Monitor setup questions

Quote: Originally Posted by Tram 1

Now what, seriously! what should I be expecting?

Having restarted the PC, everything seemed/s to be working fine in as much as on my ASUS everything is normal, my desktop is showing along with desktop icons and the back ground wall paper but on the second monitor just the wall paper is showing, no icons nothing.

I can drag my mouse cursor across from screen to screen, I can drag a document over to the second monitor but when I click to open, it only opens on the main monitor.

What am I not understanding, is this how it should be or where have I gone wrong in setting things up?

Sounds like you've set it up correctly.

If you want the icons on the 2nd screen, simply drag and drop them there.

A lot of apps will always open on the 'main' display initially, but if you open your document, place it on the second screen and then minimize and maximize it a few times, it should 'remember' to open on the second display next time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214086-dual-monitor-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, my problem is that I am trying to set up a second screen (HDTV, 60 Hz) via HDMI, When my TV is turned off, my computer detects the TV, but as soon as I turn it on, my computer stops detecting it. Is this the fault of my computer or of my TV? Help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

~Greg

A:Dual Monitor setup troubleshooting Help

Hello, have you tried turning it off and on again?.

Just kidding. What option are you using to connect one monitor to another?, is Extend or Duplicate?, when I connect 2 monitors in mine I use extend to be able to manipulate one large desktop. You see those optiones at Start/AllPrograms/Accesories/ConnectToAProjector. That's how I use mine, however, I only have VGA.
And by the way, something unrelated, how good has been Sapphire so far?, any comments on that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332673-dual-monitor-setup-troubleshooting-help.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Evenin' All,

I am trying to run a dual monitor setup using my Compaq Presario SR5228UK pc with the second monitor being my Dell Vostro 1000. I have installed a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS graphics card and have connected both my original pc monitor (Acer X223w) and my laptop to it.

My real problem is that I dont know what to do now. I dont know how to make the laptop become the second monitor.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh and btw, My OS's are Vista Home Premium on my Presario and XP SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-dual-monitor-setup-help.773675/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi
I am trying to setup a dual monitor system, the same as I had with Win 8. My main monitor is plugged in via a HDMI cable to one graphics card, and my second monitor is plugged in via HDMI to an onboard graphics card.
I have setup the displays to extend, and it sees, and correctly identifies the second monitor, and when I click extend it briefly shows the desktop on both (correctly) bt then the second monitor goes black, although the light stays green indicating it is receiving a signal.

Can anyone advise on how I can get the second monitor working correctly.

I have updated the graphics cards (today).

Thanks in advance,
Perdimia

A:PC Dual monitor setup not working

Always helps to post your system specs. Kind of hard to help without any hardware information.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/66552-pc-dual-monitor-setup-not-working.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Kind of a basic question but I'm having trouble finding definitive answers so i though i would ask here. I'm trying to setup one the people i work with - with dual monitors for the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM that she works on. I was provided a VGA splitter to VGA. I used that to connect the two split VGA to the monitors to the HP VGA port.Both monitors are showing the desktop but in Control panel display, it only detects one monitor. The displays are just duplcated. I've tried everything i can think of to get the detect to work but it just won't see the second monitor. I updated the driver without any change. My questions are: I'm assuming that the problem was that I was using a vga splitter to vga. What cables should i be using to setup dual monitors for this PC? Thanks!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP EliteDesk 800 G1 DM dual monitor setup

Hello, vga splitter just splits the actual display, you will just be able to duplicate with a splitter,  you cannot extend.s you can use display cable and vga cable for dual monitors

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-EliteDesk-800-G1-DM-dual-monitor-setup/td-p/5629011
Relevancy 66.65%

On my Windows 7 partition I am unable to use my laptop screen and my 27" LCD Samsung TV as a monitor simultaneously. This was not an issue on my XP partition. I have updated drivers on my video card to no avail. My TV is connected via a VGA cable. If this cable is connected when I turn my computer on, it will display on the monitor only (but at a much lower resolution than my XP partition allowed) and I am unable to switch back to my laptop monitor without restarting. My display settings wont even recognize that both are connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dual Monitor Setup problems

737-27130: Cannot enable TV-Out in Catalyst Control Center

Also, I don't get it. I searched by your model number and found this page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...815917&lang=en

Seems there are either two different drivers OR two versions of the notebook pc.

As for Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS and 910GML Express Chipset Family Video Driver if that's correct,

...this is for only XP. On their site, they don't list a video driver for Vista or 7. So, I dunno further from here.

This is the Vista 32 bit page...nothing there as I said. *shrugs*...
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...815917&lang=en

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/6429-dual-monitor-setup-problems.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, I'm new. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I'm thinking about getting a laptop and a second monitor. It will probably be using Vista as the OS, and I am wondering if it is possible to have separate desktops on the two monitors, and and also difference screen resolutions. I want to be open full screen applications (say powerpoint, a game, movie, etc) on one monitor and not have it affect the other one. I also want to be able to move applications between the two monitors too. Is this possible?
Thanks. (This is a really neat site. Can't believe I've never seen this before.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dual-monitor-setup-question-214608.html
Relevancy 66.65%

okay if anyone has read my Dual setup monitor Solved: other post about the computer not booting it is now fixed as the topic says for it anyways the motherboard that we bought has onboard graphics Solved: Dual monitor setup and my dad has an AGP GeForce FX graphics card has VGA and S-Video outputs on it is there anyway I can hook up monitors to the onboard graphics VGA and to the graphics card also VGA don t plan on using the S-Video unless Solved: Dual monitor setup there is a VGA to S-Video converter and have dual monitors because right now we have his flat panel LCD display hooked up to the graphics card and a CRT monitor hooked up to the onboard graphics and we only get one display to flat screen because of the AGP graphics card did the BIOS disable the onboard graphics or is it possible to run a dual monitor setup on this setup Also do the monitors have to be the same CRT and CRT or can they be different LCD and CRT nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I wasn't exactly sure where this would go, since it crosses several sections, so I decided to put it here in general.

I wanna run a dual monitor setup, now I know how to set it up, but what I want to do is, have a screensaver that will only show up on the 2nd monitor when the mouse hasn't been on it for a time. But I don't want that screensaver to close if mouse is moved or keyboard is used on the main monitor, is this doable somehow? if so how? Also can you suggest a place to get some screensavers? Don't have to be super fancy but something with some basic 3d shapes or something. I have a geforce 970 4g from msi so I am sure a screensaver is not even going to dent its preformance in games.

As always thanks all and happy new year everyone!

A:A question about dual monitor setup.

I don't think I've seen ANY OS with the screensaver options that you'd like. There may be a third-party out there who is thinking about this, but I have to believe that if someone managed to write one, a lot more people would be talking about it. Personally, I think it's a great idea though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/356965-question-about-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am trying to connect two monitors and use my TV to duplicate my primary monitor. Unfortunately every time I try to save the settings in windows screen resolution a message pops up that says "unable to save display settings"

This is my video card
XFX HD-695X-CNDC Radeon HD 6950 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity - Newegg.com

This is my primary monitor via DVI
ASUS VE278Q Black 27" 1920x1080 Full HD CD Monitor w/Speakers - Newegg.com

and my secondary monitor is an Acer x203w using a VGA to DVI converter to plug into my GPU

I am trying to connect my TV via HDMI

I tried switching the two monitors, however the Acer that is using the DVI adapter doesnt seem to work on the bottom slot of my GPU

any help with this?

A:Dual Monitor + HDTV Setup Help

Only one of the DVI ports supports VGA via a DVI to VGA adapter. Also to use more than two monitors, one of them has to be connected to the diplay port; either native of using an adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/320566-dual-monitor-hdtv-setup-help.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Might have posted this subject in the wrong forum....

Anyway; I've just installed Vista Business x64, however I do have some problems setting up the Dual monitors.

I have:
On the left a Dell 2005FPW, which is pivoted (to read PDFs and stuff like that easier)
On the right a Samsung 226BW, which set to normal.

However, when I go to the NVIDIA setup, and try to tell which monitor is where and which should be the primary display. The primary display always tends to be placed on the left side in the software.

I want the Dell to be the extended display, while the Samsung is the primary display. But the software (either in Vista or the NVIDIA driver itself) insist on that both the primary and the first mentioned display is the same.

Any ideas?

I made this work in XP Pro, but in Vista it is hellishly annoying to make it work.

A:Dual Monitor setup for Nvidia cards

You might want to try Ultramon. I have been using it on all of my multi-monitor systems (both at home and in the office) for a few years now. I have been using the Vista x64 beta version since it became available in May with no problems. The software is created and maintained by one person (Christian Studer), so releases and patches can be a bit few and far between. But it's free to try and it is miles better at managing multiple displays than is Windows...

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/106832-dual-monitor-setup-nvidia-cards.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey folks,

I have an eVGA nVidea GeForce 8800GTS 640MB graphics card in my computer, that, according to the specs, has a maximum resolution output of 2560x1600. What I want to know, is will this be sufficient to run two 22" monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080 each? Someone told me that the maximum res. the graphics card will support is 2560x1600 for EACH monitor, but I'm not quite sure - thats equivalent to running 2x30" monitors off one graphics card - surely not!?

If my graphics card won't support this dual monitor setup, what is the maximum dual monitor resolution that it will support?

Thanks a lot for your help!

A:Maximum resolution of a dual monitor setup?

Anyone give me a hand with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/maximum-resolution-of-a-dual-monitor-setup.773407/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a dual monitor display...I have my laptop (primary monitor) on the right, with my additional monitor on the left. Problem is, everytime I boot up my computer, the setup reverts to my laptop on the left, with the attached monitor on the right...so I have to go into my display properties everytime and switch the monitor arrangement. I'm wondering if this has something to do with nVidia, as when I try to setup the dual monitor display through nVidia, it will not let me move my second monitor to the left...I can only switch which monitor is my primary which just switches which monitor displays the start menu.

Matt

A:Windows Does not Remember Dual Monitor Setup

I just got a brand new HP pavilion dv9000 and I have an external monitor hooked up to it on the left. I have the exact same problem. Even if the computer just goes to sleep, as soon as I wake it up, the monitor is on the right again. I can reset it to be on the left in the control panel, but I have to do it every time and it's a pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-does-not-remember-dual-monitor-setup.551955/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi, i am using normal desktop with p4-2.8ghz cpu,agp graphic card... my purpose is want to setup this desktop as 'dual screen output' because i have 2 monitor,if i have a dual screen than easy for me doing job. how to setup this??
Thank for reply my question.

A:how to setup a dual screen monitor on desktop pc.

First: your card needs to have video out ports,
then you just go to right click desktop / properties / setting tab, then extend to the second monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-setup-a-dual-screen-monitor-on-desktop-pc.638735/
Relevancy 66.22%

Anyways I had a dual-monitor setup on my machine with XP and it worked flawlessly But with Vista -bit I cant get it to work I am running an nVidia GeForce GT GTO graphics card and I downloaded the nVidia bit drivers that were released a month or so ago The drivers for the card are totaly up to date from the manufacturer My primary monitor HP w Widescreen works fine when plugged in But as soon as I try to extend my desktop to a sony SPD-S F G monitor the display on the Sony monitor is fine but the display on the 64 Not Monitor Dual Vista in Working Setup HP monitor goes gets totally scrambled I was able to get it configured by swapping primary Dual Monitor Setup Not Working in Vista 64 secondary configuration of the monitors i e changing the DVI Dual Monitor Setup Not Working in Vista 64 inputs and it worked very briefly But then if you brought up VLC the screen snowed up again The one thing I've noticed is that if I use the nVida control panel it recognizes my second monitor properly as a Sony But if you go into the Vista Dual Monitor Setup Not Working in Vista 64 device manager it has it setup as a Generic PnP Monitor There are no Sony drivers that I can download it says quot no drivers available quot on the sony page and when I found my old disk Vista won't let me install because it says the drivers aren't compatible So I'm thinking this is definitely a hardware issue but I'm not sure if it's the display adapter since both monitors will snow up or if it's something with the older Sony Monitor I don't mind swapping out hardware my wife may but I don't - but I want to make sure I'm swapping out the right hardware Any advice is greatly appreciated If you're in the Denver Colorado area I'll buy you beers if you can help me -

A:Dual Monitor Setup Not Working in Vista 64

I have run 2 monitors for years and within Vista since Vista started without ever an issue on the one graphic card.

Firstly when I first started I ahd 2 different screen sizes and had nothing but problems.I would say that this is your problem as most video software like VLC (high resouce software) don't like to have different resaluions running and so will pickup the best of the 2 and affect the other ones resalution.

Since I had that issue I make sure I run the exact same monitors and I've never had a problem since.

Hope that help

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/217014-dual-monitor-setup-not-working-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to work out the best configuration on setting up two external monitors on my laptop The Dell sales department keeps try to sell me a hdmi splitter instead of a docking station I searched this for a while and couldn t find any case where it Dell 15 Dual Monitor Studio on Setup was used for a dual monitor setup as opposed to mirroring the same screen on both displays Dual Monitor Setup on Dell Studio 15 This is not possible right I know I can set up dual monitors just using the VGA DVI HDMI outputs on my latop but don t want to mess with the cords each time thus the reason I want a docking station But I will see quality loss connecting to the docking station with a USB right I want to maintain the x resolution on both screens Can I connect to a docking Dual Monitor Setup on Dell Studio 15 station with one HDMI cable and then connect the docking station to the monitors using a DVI cable for one and an HDMI cable for the other nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-on-dell-studio-15.860826/
Relevancy 66.22%

Aero Disabled - Monitor Setup I m stumped and spent the Monitor Aero Setup Dual Disabled - 3 GPU entire night trying to resolve the following issue Video Card PCI-E GTX Video Card PCI GS Windows Pro bit Monitors x inch LCD and x inch Aero Disabled - 3 Monitor Setup Dual GPU HDTV Both cards are WDDM and DX I picked up a PCI video card to add to my existing PCI-E to enable my HDTV as a rd monitior Drivers installed fine both cards recognized but Aero is automatically disabled any time monitors are plugged in all DVI The popup quot The color scheme has been changed to Windows Basic - The current color scheme has exceeded its allowed memory so the color scheme has been automatically changed to improve performance Click to see more information quot switches the theme back to basic I ve run the Aero Troubleshooter which says each time that WDM is disabled when it actually IS ENABLED and Started in the services I tried disabling notifications of Aero Disabled - 3 Monitor Setup Dual GPU popups tried turning off the setting that allows windows to adjust which settings to use Aero Disabled - 3 Monitor Setup Dual GPU automatically I tried the well known registry tweak to prevent windows from switching the theme but it continues to act up I ve reinstalled different drivers by wiping out old ones I tried the BIOS for changes and nothing Yet when I unplug any of the monitors the other are fine and Aero works Your help is greatly appreciated I m tired and frustrated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aero-disabled-3-monitor-setup-dual-gpu.921011/
Relevancy 66.22%

I setup a workstation running Windows XP, this computer was setup with one monitor hooked up to the video card, I then put in a second monitor to go on the left of this monitor. In the display setup it showed monitor 2 as being on the left and monitor 1 on the left. I right clicked on monitor 2 and did "set as primary" the issue that I'm facing is, after a reboot, all icons are on the first monitor on the right rather than on the left. I'm not on site so I can't easily swap the cables on the video card outputs. Is there a way to make it so that the icons stay on the 2nd monitor which is also the primary monitor? I've been googling everywhere but most information I find people are suggesting using some third party software, but I'm pretty sure you can do the trick without the use of third party software.

A:[SOLVED] Dual monitor and icon setup

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayyjay

In the display setup it showed monitor 2 as being on the left and monitor 1 on the left.

Please can you change this for us, cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-dual-monitor-and-icon-setup-618617.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Guys,

Would it be possible to have games run on my primary display but still be able to use the secondary monitor for web browsing etc? Currently when i do it, i have to alt-tab from the game to the web browser, which defeats the purpose of dual monitors >.<

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-monitor-setup-1-for-games-1-for-web-browsing-365133.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hello,

i just bought a second screen for my computer and i was wondering if anyone knows any cool programs to customize the desktop a bit or some tips and tricks for working with it, also i like to play games every now and then and i was wondering if there are any games in particular that have some cool features with dual screen setup

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/36649-dual-monitor-setup-any-tips-tricks.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I have a HP Pavilion computer that has the video card built into the motherboard, I want to run dual monitors on the computer.

Can I using the existing video card setup and get another video card to run the second monitor, or do I need to get a dual monitor video card?

Or is there any other options for a dual monitor setup.

This computer is not for high speed graphics.

No gaming on this system.

Just need to know the best way to approach this situation or what you would recommend.

Thanks,

OkNowWhat

A:General help needed for dual monitor setup

If the graphics card you have now has two video output ports on it, then you can just connect a 2nd monitor to it.

If it does't, then you could buy an old PCI card and put it in a spare PCI slot (if you have room) and use that for a second monitor, or another option would be to buy a graphics card with 2 video outputs.

I don't know if there's any benefits of using two seperate video cards to one video card though.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/184641-general-help-needed-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to set my FSX into a setup Simulator Flight dual monitor X dual monitor I know this sounds stupid and maybe even crazy but I am trying to set triple monitor with my Alienware laptop using the laptop screen as to view front I know it might lag but I still want to try The problem is I cannot seem to stretch virtual cockpit into two monitors I Flight Simulator X dual monitor setup am trying to use one external monitor as a mean to look at my right side making it possible to see panels and gauges on copilot s side I can sort Flight Simulator X dual monitor setup of do that by pressing to Flight Simulator X dual monitor setup pop a small window and set view into copilot but the outside view doesn t really connect flawlessly How do I set dual monitor so while I can see virtual cockpit on two monitors but have seamless outside view Thank you ---------------------------- I forgot to mension screen sizes Two monitors are in same resolution x but the laptop screen is quot and the other one is i think about quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flight-simulator-x-dual-monitor-setup.1107369/
Relevancy 66.22%

I just bought this Viewsonic A90f monitor used, it displays an evilish red tint that won't seem to go away. I'm using this as a second monitor, I have an ATI Radeon and Nvidia GeForce graphic card...

Is it possible that these two graphic cards are conflicting and causing the tint? I've installed the drivers so everything should be good to go? Perhaps it's just a crap monitor?

Thanks for any advice.

A:Dual Setup Monitor displaying Red Tint

I doubt it, that sounds like a monitor issue. You could move it to the other graphics card to see if the symptoms change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-setup-monitor-displaying-red-tint.390950/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi;
I just installed a new BFG GeForce 9800 (model BFGE98512GTXPBE) on my Asus P5AD2-E Premium mobo.
First off, I was a bit confused when I first connected my two monitors. One is digital, and uses the DVI cable. The other monitor is an analog LCD which I use the supplied DVI to VGA adapter.

When I first powered up the computer, only the analog monitor was active, but after Windows (XP Pro SP3) booted, the main monitor became active.
I have the digital monitor (Viewsonic VX2000) connected to the RIGHT DVI connector as viewed from the rear of the computer, and the VGA monitor on the LEFT connector with the adapter.

If I swap the cables then the Viewsonic comes up during BIOS boot, and the VGA monitor stays dark until Windows is booted up.

Does this mean that the LEFT connector is the primary output for this card?

Thanks for your help/advice

FW

A:BFG GeForce 9800 dual monitor setup

I'm not too familiar with dual monitor setups but I think it's normal for only one display to become active during boot up. I think the driver detects if two monitors are hooked up when the OS is loaded or something. You don't really need to see the BIOS and XP loading screens on both screens during start up; I don't think it's supposed to work like that... and I don't think there is a "primary" DVI port on the card either but I've been wrong before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-geforce-9800-dual-monitor-setup.124447/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi Folks I am trying to set up two monitors and here is my situation below Any help would be greatly appreciated At work I have a slim tower PC - Dell C with Windows Vista SP It works fine I have received two older but good Dell E FB monitors that only have VGA connections The video card in the machine is an ATI Radeon HD MB It has two connections - one DVI and the other HDMI I was able to get one monitor up and running by using a cable that has a VGA connection on one end and a DVI connection on the other But what do I do to get the other VGA monitor hooked up to the HDMI I want to use these two monitors to share or Setup ATI 4350 on Radeon an Monitor HD Dual extend my desktops I did buy a VGA to HDMI cable but that didn t work at all and a guy here said that probably wouldn t be enough to get this working Any advice Dual Monitor Setup on an ATI Radeon HD 4350 would be appreciated Thanks - jg nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-monitor-setup-on-an-ati-radeon-hd-4350.955515/
Relevancy 66.22%

The firm I'm working for is extensively using flexible workplaces.
Most desks are nicely equipped with an additional monitor for use with my own laptop.
This is very convenient when the additional monitor is setup to "Extend these displays".
However, every time I connect to a new monitor, it is setup by default in the mode "Duplicate these displays".
This wouldn't be such a hassle if it weren't for the rearrangement of my windows and desktop icons due to the different monitor resolutions.

Is there a way to change the default "Display setting" to "Extend these displays"?

Thanks!

A:Change default setup for dual monitor

When you plug in a monitor, just press Win Key+P.

From there you can select whatever mode you want.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/53288-change-default-setup-dual-monitor.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me out.  I have an XPS 8700 (mid-2014) with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 2GB video card.  I plugged in a Dell U2311H monitor using DVI and an HP 27ES monitor using the DP port (my desktop has no HDMI output ).  I have an error message on video display when I power on the desktop and cannot proceed - only option is to power off.  When I unplug either one of the cable I am fine.  Wonder this error is caused by the video output not supporting dual monitor.  Anyone has any ideas/suggestions on how to fix it?
Thanks

A:XPS 8700, Geforce GTX 750, Dual monitor setup

Both monitors should be connected directly to the Nvidia Geforce GTX 750. The Dell Geforce GTX 750 Ti has the following video out ports =DVI-I 2560x1600/DVI-D 2560x1600/mHDMI 1920x1200
Geforce GTX 750 mHDMI out --> mHDMI to HDMI cable --> HP 27ES HDMI inGeforce GTX 750 DVI out --> DVI to DVI cable --> U2311H DVI in

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19991045
Relevancy 66.22%

Not sure if I'm able to set up dual monitors with my 750-167c tower.  It looks as though there is only one video output.  Is that correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/can-I-have-a-dual-monitor-setup-with-my-750-167c-tower/td-p/5717699
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a dual monitor setup, which works great...the only "kinda" issue is that the 2nd vid card setup for the 2nd monitor is always max'd out. Nothing "runs" on that monitor that would need this type of power from the vid card. Anyone know why or how to throttle it back down to idle speeds?

Mind you, my setup is an SLi setup, but the main vid card which is the main screen...runs at idle.

Example app: Browser on the main screen, vid #1 (main screen) is idle speeds, vid #2 (2nd monitor) is running at max speed - with nothing on the screen.

Don't know if it's an Win7 issue or a Nvidia issue.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

A:Dual Monitor Setup, 2nd Video Card always max'd

What happens if you swap the monitors?

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/114449-dual-monitor-setup-2nd-video-card-always-maxd.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I couldn't find it.

I'm running dual monitors on a laptop, the set up works fine with one minor exception. When I try to view videos in quicktime or windows media player it outputs in full screen to the monitor that the player is not on. This also happens with videos in browsers. http://members.aol.com/jrzycrim01/mozilla/wmp/vidtest-HS.html is an example of this happening. I can only assume it has to do with my video codec, I am using the windows defaults and cyberlink powerDVD as my mpeg2 decoder.

A:Video output with a dual monitor setup

its might be something with your resolution does the other screen have a higher resolution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-output-with-a-dual-monitor-setup.73212/