Windows Support Forum

Unable to connect to Wifi, but was able to connect to LAN

Q: Unable to connect to Wifi, but was able to connect to LAN

Hi,

Hope you are all doing good. From past few days I am not able to connect to any wireless networks on my laptop which is running windows 7 64-bit. I didn't change/install anything, it stopped working suddenly. I was able to connect to LAN and it's working perfectly fine. All other devices (phones and others computers) are able to connect to my Wi-Fi networks. I tried many things like re-installing my Wi-Fi adapter drivers, reset my router, clearing the Wi-Fi networks and adding them, many reboots, and few steps like clearing DNS and other settings as per the instructions on the Microsoft website. Can you please review and advise a good solution. Please let me know if you need any further info.

Thank you in advance.

Thanks,
Nikhil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400453-unable-connect-wifi-but-able-connect-lan.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to connect to Wifi, but was able to connect to LAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.9%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 89.01%

I usually use the internet in 3 locations on my laptop and till a few days back the laptop would connect fine to all 3 wifi networks. However, out of the blue my laptop stopped connecting to the wifi at location A and B, and still connects fine at location C. Other laptops and phones still connect fine to the wifi at location A and B, there's been no change in the software on my laptop since before the problem and I've run a system restore too to back when it was working, with no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the adapter driver, also cleared my saved network locations and tried to connect again. Any other suggestions?

A:Error "Windows was unable to connect to ABC" when trying to connect to ABC wifi.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-abc-when-trying-to-connect-to-abc-wifi.1127486/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 84.71%

hello! I really need help After reinstalling my Windows I can not connect to wifi. I can see connection but it is impossible to connect to it. Windows writes me :Windows is unable to connect to wifi. I tried a lot of advice from the internet but it did not work.
Thank you for any help

Relevancy 84.71%

(My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium)I have had this laptop since 2011 and somewhere in 2012 I think I somehow deleted the ralink WiFi adapter.I haven't been able to use WiFi since then.I got on the HP Recovery Manager and reinstalled the drivers and it alerted me that Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter was unable to reinstall.So I looked it up and downloaded it on this website and it saved in a folder called c:\SWSetup\SP56942But after that nothing happens.Can anyone help me out?

A:Unable to connect to WiFi?

Hi: If your notebook is missing the wireless card driver, there should be a device listed in the device manager under an Other Devices category named Network Controller. Please post the hardware ID for the network controller device so I can figure out what driver it needs. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller device. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5668631
Relevancy 84.71%

hi friends i have the problem i cannot access my laptop to the wifi my laptop is intel r atom tm cpu n270 1.60ghz plz help

A:unable to connect wifi

Please post a  MiniToolBox log, so we can see the specs of your computer. Also this seems like a network issue, and a MOD may want to move it to the appropriate category.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494790/unable-to-connect-wifi/
Relevancy 84.71%

I've bought this HP Notebook 14-ac144TU P3U54PA and have no idea to connect to wifi. Please let me know which drivers I have to install and what I have to do to enable my laptop connect to wifi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-connect-wifi/td-p/5655795
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello First via connect - WiFi Unable to im using -PLANET USB WLAN Stick WL-U L - The router which is causing my headache is Unable to connect - via WiFi ThomsonST - SpeedTouch - OS is Windows bit So here goes the problem - I connect Unable to connect - via WiFi normally to the router with my wifi stick - its around - signal Im on internet - everything s fine But suddenly it just Disconnects me Says - No Internet Access I cant go to internet nor access the router configuration - basically disconnected I try to connect again and then it says quot Unable to connect quot For absolutely no reason It keeps saying unable to connect for mins - mins - mins - minutes Completely random And then suddenly I can connect again What I noted is that - When I survey via Win default connection panel - after my problem occured - after it says unable to connect the router disappears for lets say - secs and then i can see it again but same problem - cant connect for random time What I tried so far is Updating my Windows Tried it on XP via WiFi - same it wont connect just on XP it says that connection is no longer in range Changed the channel on which router works Tried connecting with my integrated wifi card in laptop - same thing Please guys its very important for me to fix this so if you could help me Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

Ok so I am working at a friend's house and I have run into a debacle. He needs his wireless adapter to be in a new room with better reception for the house. There are two Wall ports let's say port A and port B. He used to be in port A but wants to move to Port B. When hard connected to either port the internet works fine as well as generates the same IP, DNS, and gateway settings. When I connect Wireless however only port A connects to the internet. Port B will not connect to the internet even though the IP, DNS, and gateway are still the same when I check the wireless ipconfig. Any ideas. I have tried renewing, refreshing, flushing dns cache, making sure his ipv4 is automatic.

A:Wifi unable to connect to DNS

Are these ports connected to a router - whats the make and model of the router
Does if have two fixed IP address OR perhaps the DNS is set to 2 only

can we see an ipconfig /all please
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-to-dns.1127057/
Relevancy 84.71%

5/2013 purchased hp 2000 10/2013 personal info was hacked by $ lender scam personal settings then chrome's home page was changed laptop slowed down called hp support explained situation was told shut off computer and it would need repairs had no $ so let it sit few weeks ago gave laptop to my brothers tech guy he uses for his business he said windows 8 needed to be uninstalled close door that was used and I should close my accounts now the unit wont connect to home wifi but all other computers here work fine except mine

A:unable connect wifi

has windows 8 now been completely re-installed ?

can you connect to the router with a cable and does it work that way

is it a desktop or laptop ?
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-connect-wifi.1120555/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work. My Vista Laptop works fine after i delete the old access point.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

She's using the same Network SSID and WPA-PSK security and algorithms and shared key?

The router is set to allow ALL MAC access (not block by MAC)?

The router is set for multiple access (usually a 50 address range)?

The wireless network mode is set compliant with her mode (G, B)?

I'm just rambling off everything I can think of.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi-531566.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi,

I am using a Nokia Siemens router. Using two laptops one with Vista and another with XP-SP3. My laptop is Acer and my wifes is HCL. And now the issue is that after i set the Security for network with WPA-PSK. My wifes laptop detects and tries to Connect with the network but finally it fails. I tried some possible steps and it didnt work.

Can Someone help me to fix this ?

A:Unable to connect thru wifi

it may be that the hardware in the HCL PC does not support WPA-PSK - depending on how old - but also may just need a driver update

Whats the exact make and model of the HCL - see if a later driver is available from the manufacturers website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-thru-wifi.965055/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi

I am having 3rd generation Ipod Touch..In that i can able to connect with wifi...Only skype is connecting through wifi and no other applications are connecting through wifi...

Can you guys please tell me what i can do with that...otherwise can i configure proxy for that wireless connection and connect to that network somehow...

Please guys help me on this.....

advance thanks for you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-wifi.1076029/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey. Can anyone help me with this? Changed my wifi name and password. After that I`m unable to type the password. After clicking connect it loads for a while showing "checking network requirements" and it ends with "cant connect to this network". Password box does not even show up!

A:my PC is unable to connect to wifi

Hi, if you right click on the network that you're trying to connect to is there a "forget network" option or anything similar? If so click it and forget the network, then it will prompt you for the new password when you try to connect after forgetting it

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/29224-my-pc-unable-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 84.71%

So My laptop turned off last night then when I opened it in the morning I automatically fixed it coz its recommended then my laptop is not genuine anymore and theres a yellow triangle with an exlamation point in it in my wifi icon.It is connected but The wifi doesn't work. Pls help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Unable-to-connect/td-p/5631071
Relevancy 84.71%

I am having trouble connecting to any websites through wifi. I have connected to the wifi and used CMD to ping google.com and i get no errors but when i open my browser and try it it says "? Make sure the web address Google is correct ? look for the page with your search engine ? Refresh the page in a few minutes. " all of which i have done i then proceeded to click the Fix connection problems button and i get an alert saying nothing could be found. How do i fix it?

A:Unable to connect through wifi

Which web browser are you using? If you are using internet explorer, do a reset by going to tools, internet options, advanced, reset, ok, then start browser again. Make sure there are no proxies set that would interfere.

Also check any security software or antivirus, they can cause this problem many times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388206-unable-connect-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi there,

My neighbour has a problem which I've tried to help with, but have to say am stumped....

He is running a cable modem into a wireless router (Belkin), but since changing ink cartridges on the printer (maybe a coincidence) has lost his internet connection.

The PC (desktop running Xp) connects to the network, but there is no internet connection. I've been there with my laptop and all is well.

It also seems that every time you try to do something with network connections etc, the PC freezes the window/app and you have to reboot/log off and on.

I've never seen this before, but am thiniking pehaps the network card is done for.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
BJB

A:Unable to connect to Net via WiFi

Can't think of any reason changing the ink cartridges should effect the internet connection.

If I understand the problem:

Cable Modem --------> Belkin Router ---------> Desktop
No internet connection for the desktop.

Are you sure the Desktop is connecting to the Belkin? Can he access the Belkin's user interface from the desktop? If he can acccess the Belkin, then the card and cable is probably OK.

Did he try connecting directly to the cable modem to see if that works?

If you connected wireless, try connecting your laptop by the same ethernet cable to see if that works?

Could you supply the followong information for the desktop?

Taken from a JohnWill post.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-net-via-wifi.874471/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi was wondering if anyone could help me out on this My Toshiba Satellite L recently stopped to wifi Unable connect Solved: to connecting to my WiFi it will connect with the Ethernet cable hooked to it I don t know what it could be my i pad connects to WiFi with no problem and i use bell fibreop and have a wireless tv that is connected to WiFi no problems i don t know much about ant of this any help please PS I did do a system rest and wiped it all back to factory thinking that would fix it but i had no luck as it still don t work Have a couple logs here if someone could please look at thanks so much Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tasha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC Physical Address - C- F- B-E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac aeac bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - C- D- -B - -EB- - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS Solved: Unable to connect to wifi over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address -EB- - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap ECA - FF- D - E - DC F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d Solved: Unable to connect to wifi abd a ba f fdf Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe a ba f fdf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Interface List c f b e Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC eb e Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link On-link Persistent Routes None IPv Route Table Active Routes If Metric Network Solved: Unable to connect to wifi Destination Gateway On-link On-link On-link d abd a ba f fdf On-link fe On-link fe On-link fe a ba f fdf On-link fe ac aeac bc On-link ff On-link ff On-link ff On-link Persistent Routes None I don t know if any of that will help or if you need more info nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

My laptop is unable to connect to my home wifi network after it had ip conflict last night. I tried network troubleshooting it and it always ask me to investigate the router. I tried to reset the modem a few times but my laptop still could not connect to it while my roommates and my phone could. Then I remove my wifi profile and attempt to connect back to the network. However, the same problem persist.My laptop model is Asus A43S and having Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. Anyone who can help me on this? I'm currently using my roommate's laptop for Internet. Thanks

Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I've searched the web endlessly trying to solve this problem with one of my laptops - without any luck at all Hoping someone here is able to assist My main PC laptops an iPhone and an iPad all connect to my home wifi network All worked perfectly until days ago The laptops and my PC all run Windows all updated days ago my Toshiba own connect to wifi Unable to network Qosmio stopped Unable to connect to own wifi network being able to Unable to connect to own wifi network connect to my home network All other devices still connect perfectly The Qosmio doesn't detect my wifi network I immediately went to the network adapter's Qualcomm Atheros website and downloaded the latest driver Installed it and for a brief very brief time it could once again detect and connect to the network Last days unable to either detect or connect It detects other networks Unable to connect to own wifi network fine and has no problems connecting to any other network - except mine doesn't even detect mine anymore It connects to the iPhone when used as a hotspot without any issues I've uninstalled and re-installed the new driver re-booted the wireless router several times re-set the router to factory settings used Windows trouble shooter checked amp deleted the netsh profiles Re-booted the laptop a dozen times disabled amp uninstalled software for the laptop's Bluetooth It simply stopped working I've tried everything I can find on the web - without any success at all I've had the laptop sitting only a few cm from the router Not sure where else I can go with this now - it has quite defeated me If anyone has any suggestions please help Getting very very frustrated Thanks

A:Unable to connect to own wifi network

how does the LAN work is it connecting? Do you have Reserve IP for each of your devices on your router?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54411-unable-connect-own-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 83.85%

hi all, I'm currently having trouble connecting to wifi, on a regular basis.

I have to connect and disconnect multiple times until the connection actually sticks, then its usually fine, ive tried trouble shooting to no avail. can anyone offer any help? likewise when I click the box to connect automatically the next time I go to use my computer it doesnt connect and the box is no longer clicked

I am fairly inexperienced with computers so I might be missing something simple.
I havent updated to 8.1 yet as my connection usually drops, computer is a laptop lenovo G580, the connections are a home one that has worked for xbox,xbone,phones, other laptops, and desktops. the other main connection this is a problem with is my school connection.
thanks for all the potential help

A:unable to connect to wifi on first attempt

This might help: Wired and wireless network problems - Microsoft Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/43210-unable-connect-wifi-first-attempt.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hey all!

Few days ago I got Acer V5-531. On this laptop, I can easily connect to wireless networks, but my home one. I could do it on my old laptop with no problems. How is it possible to solve this? It's getting quite annoying, especially knowing that this is the only network I can't connect to. In case with this network, it prompts password and then says "Unable to connect".

What have I tried

Air Mode is off
Updating/rolling drivers back
Resetting the router once (owned by neighbor, thus, I cant perform all maintenance on it)
router lights are on
pw is correct
wireless switch is on
What else can be done?
Thanks all!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17915-unable-connect-certain-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Sir, I am facing problem with connectivity on WiFi... On available networks it always show can't connect to a network...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Unable-to-connect-to-any-WiFi-network-available/td-p/5847764
Relevancy 83.85%

My workstation is running Windows Professional I cannot connect to the internet after using adwcleaner to remove the Ads by Advertise from my browser At that point Chrome presented this message DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN So Wifi or connect the Unable to to Internet I did a Google search for that phrase and tried various recommended actions including various ipconfig commands from the cmd window as an Admin No luck Then followed instructions to change Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet the TCP IPv DNS settings to use and alt Still no luck Read some threads the that Winsock settings in the registry may be corrupt Referred to a MS too called FixIT Instructions said to use msinfo to check Components gt Network gt Protocol and make sure various Titles were present If not run FixIT FixIT was supposed to delete all entries and then replace the missing ones Didn't work It only deleted And now I get this message when trying to connect and can not longer connect to my Wifi DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET Did more searching and found a list of tools to help repair Winsock issues Ran these three utilities none of which helped Maybe Winsock is not the issue Maybe I used these incorrectly I don't know I am pretty discouraged that I have created a digital Gordian Knot Complete Internet Repair Winsock Fix WinsockReset Finally decided to come here for help Here is the log file from adwCleaner in case it is helpful for troubleshooting AdwCleaner v - Logfile created at Updated by Xplode Database - - Server Operating system Windows Professional Service Pack x Username Chris Zachidny - ASUS Running from C Users Chris Zachidny Downloads AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Support http toolslib net forum Services Folders - Folder Deleted C Program Files x FlvPlayer - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming download Manager - Folder Deleted C Users Chris Zachidny AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu FLV Player Files I have a laptop set up next to the troubled workstation and am ready to follow your instructions Happy to compensate or tip for you timely helpful assistance Thank you in advance for your consideration Chris SpaceCowboy -

A:Unable to connect to Wifi or the Internet

Restart your computer.As the computer is starting, continue tapping F8 as before and select Repair your computer option.start the windows 7 recovery-environment and try to run system restore from there.Choose a restore point that is more than 10 days old!How the pc is running now?Please try only one restore point and then post results her

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610689/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-or-the-internet/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi

I have installed a TP Link W8960N router and it is working fine using the ethernet cable. I have installed a realtek 11n USB adapter but cannot get it to connect to the router.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and whereas previously today it found my router (but wouldn't connect it says not associated) when I search now it doesnt even come up!

Windows device manager says the adpater is working properly

When installing router and adapter I set them both to WPA2 and used the same passkey.
I am using Windows 7

Please can someone advise

thanks

Relevancy 83.85%

I hope that this is the correct location to post this issue Connect to on Wifi Unable to Devices All and that this request for assistance finds you in good Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices health The core issue in my home is that I cannot connect to the WiFi router an all-in-one modem Unable to Connect to Wifi on All Devices router provided by my ISP The brand is Arris if that helps ascertain what I m talking about Now I run an Ethernet cord from the router to my computer the computer works just fine As of a day ago though none of the home s Apple devices will connect to the network despite reboots password retypes and shouting at them Each device two phones and an ipad can identify my network but they cannot join Additionally there is an old laptop that cannot connect anymore Here s the wrinkle as near as I can see it The Nexus connects just fine via the WiFi and it has not needed to reboot or to have the password retyped The aforementioned devices have suddenly stopped working and despite searching these and other forums my Google-fu has not yielded any answer to this particular question AFAIK I have seen others post this information so though I m not sure it s relevant I ll provide it just in case Thank you for your time and attention in this matter whatever you feel that you can and have spared Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ghidra Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd tn comcast net Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address D -A - E- -FE-EB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address D - - - - B- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bdc e c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address C - C- - E- B- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fb c e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -AE- A-C - C- - E- B- C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BA - - CAE-AC - F F B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c c bbca d dc Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c c bbca d dc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd tn comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd tn comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello geeks,
I am enable to connect my organization AD USER wifi on new DELL lattitude E5470 laptop. (OS Win 7 Ent)
But other series laptop connected properly we have reinstall the OS on new laptop also drivers are updated . other SSID are working fine with this laptop like GUEST and SECURE but when we tried to configure manually every time we unchecked the server validatate
certificate mark then it will connect but when we log off the computer its again dissconnected and not able to connect automatically.
We have used 3 AD user credentials every user got same issue with this new laptop .:(
Some times manually also not configured our local NOC team is also checked from access point level but mo luck they said we have created same settings for all series laptop so dont know how to resolve this issue ....
Need your help 
Thanks in advance !!!
Regards 
Siddhesh R

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa8c9fc4-59f5-45b1-97c5-3df001e18e7c/unable-to-connect-aduser-wifi?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,
i have hp 15-r007tx notebook and window 7 ultimate os. I have installed many drivers for wifi adapter - RT3290 802.11 b/g/n. It shows the available wifi networks.. but i am not able to connect to any network. Pls help.

Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Cisco Lynksis Router Model WRT120N - which is connect wirelessly to my MAC home computer. I also have a Dell D630 Laptop using WindowsXP. I have recently moved and my laptop used to connect to my wireless router (when I was at my old house) But now at my new house my laptop wont connect. It will connect wirelessly at other locations. The laptop picks up the wireless name and shows full strength. I have trouble shot a little. Help Please!

A:Unable to connect to wifi at home

Do you have service pack 3?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-home.1070180/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello, I'm having some wifi issues. In the past few weeks I've only been able to use the internet on my laptop when connected via ethernet, despite having used the same wireless, router, laptop, etc perfectly fine for years!

When I first start up my laptop, I can see the list of my available connections. I press connect for my usual home router and then it will say "Windows was unable to connect to blahblahblah". And then the list will have a red cross and claim no connections are available. 

If I press troubleshoot problem, Windows Network Diagnostics says to "investigate router or access point issues", which involves turning the device off (done this several times). When I select "check to see if problem is fixed", it thinks for a bit then says "Windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue".

Please can you help?  

A:Windows unable to connect to Wifi

Welcome to BC. !

Have you Reset the router ?....this usually involves inserting the end of a paperclip into a tiny hole located on the router itself......google the name of the router and it will show you where that hole is.
The word Reset should be written directly above/beside the hole.

To do this, press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. NOTE: Resetting your router to its default factory settings will also reset your router's password. The router's default password is “admin” as for the username, just leave the field blank.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582941/windows-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm unable to connect with some Hotel wifi's but many others there's not an issue. The hotels where I can not connect sees the wifi and says it connects, but the browse and everything else says it's not connected. When connected to many Hotels a splash page will appear for acknowledgements or passwords, but no splash pages appear when I can not connect. I have not updated or know that I need to update my wifi drivers, but the Hotels I'm having issues with are not the ones with the newest routers and my home wifi is the latest technology.

I've had issues in the past and I do not remember any of the solutions. Would flushing the DNS help? I'm running Win 8.1.

Thank you

A:Unable to connect to wifi at some hotels and able to with many others

Some of it will depend how the hotel manages their network. Some use passwords, some use splash screens and some just have open networks. Some splash redirects don't work right away and take a couple minuets to come up. specially if its a small hotel and its check in time. Other redirects don't work with some browsers like Chrome. Last, try manually entering in a website in the address bar to trigger the redirect. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616743/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-at-some-hotels-and-able-to-with-many-others/
Relevancy 83.85%

Ever since I got internet home service with Charter, I have been unable to connect to public hotspots. or rather I can connect for about 15 sec, and then my computer automatically disconnects. This never happened when I had home service with Verizon. Is there a setting that needs to be changed on my HP?

A:unable to connect to public wifi

Do you actually get connected and are able to see a web page at a public hotspot? Have you made SURE your firewall is properly configured to allow you to connect to the hotspot? Perhaps you've restricted the connection to a specific IP address subnet?
Let's see this when you're at home, and again when you try to connect to a public hotspot.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi.864330/
Relevancy 83.85%

PLEASE TELL ME THE HOW TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM   " WINDOWS UNABLE TO CONNECT WIFI" IN hP15 R062TU NOTEBOOK PC INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 BIT OS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WINDOWS-UNABLE-TO-CONNECT-WIFI/td-p/5703974
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello nbsp My laptop has recently had the issue of not being able to connect to a wireless point nbsp The issue nbsp When I boot my laptop everything works fine for about a minute then my laptop tells me that the current access point is connected but has no internet after about another minute it doesn't detect any wireless points and wifi to Laptop connect to unable the whole system crashes Laptop unable to connect to wifi nbsp What Laptop unable to connect to wifi I've tried nbsp Waiting for my laptop to respond - It only responded once which I rebooted and the problem still persists Refreshing nbsp my laptop - The problem still persists Tethering my phone to my laptop - this works fine and I'm able to get consistent connections my laptop also doesn't drop out from the access pointsRan a wireless troubleshoot - Which helped somewhat error code at the foot of this post Updating my drivers - Problem still persitsWhat do you advise me to do nbsp Error message from network diagnostics nbsp The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problemsThe Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be brokenA network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed Plug an Ethernet cable into this computer Failed Issues found Detection details The Broadcom BCM bgn Wi-Fi Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems Not fixed Not Fixed The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems Failed Contact your administrator to resolve driver or hardware issues InformationalNetwork Diagnostics Log File Name B CDD-E CB- F- D -A Repair etl A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken Not fixed Not Fixed

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-unable-to-connect-to-wifi/td-p/5809325
Relevancy 83.85%

In my laptop, whenever i try to connect to my wifi connection, it doesn't shows it. While on all the other devices wifi is working perfectly fine.

Relevancy 83.85%

I try to connect to hotspot in friends phone for file transfer from WIFI.
But since my friends data connection is off, and when i try to connect , it shows me "no internet access" and wifi doesnot get connected .
After turning on-off wifi multiple times (around 15-20 times), sometimes it gets connected . But it never gets connected in 1 shot .
Is it compulsory to have internet access to connect to a hotspot?
Is it bug or feature of windows ?
I use lumia 640xl lte with latest windows 10 Anniversary update.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436870-unable-connect-wifi-if-internet-not-available.html
Relevancy 83.85%

when ever I switch on Laptop,wifi is unable to connect automatically,After trouble shooting by windows 10,the message displayed unable to connect.If I do power reset of my router then my laptop gets connected to wifi and am able to browse.
!: tried following methods to avoid power reset of router.
2:cmd prompt,ipconfig /release and next cmd ipconfig/renew,It did not work for long( flushing IP)
3:services.msc, then DHS and DNS restart.did not work.
4.i have to power reset my router everytime if my laptop has to connect to wifi.
pl suggest some ways.
5: if my wifi card is faulty ,then how it immediately connects to wifi once the power of router is off and on
[email protected]

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-unable-connect-laptop-4607515/
Relevancy 83.85%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 82.99%

I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple of days ago and have been trying to use the hotel wifi where I am staying to do the various updates and installs that new computers require. Unfortunately, while I can connect to my tethered cell phone, I cannot connect to the hotel.

I have another computer on hand that has no difficulties connecting to the hotel wifi, so I know the problem is in the new computer somewhere.

Network adapter is a Broadcom 802.11ac

Actions so far:

Updated Windows 8.1 to current
Attempted to reinstall drivers (uninstalling first) - Drivers are up to date and identical to the ones on manufacturer's site.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

A:New computer - unable to connect to public wifi

The problem is not with the computer or Windows 8.

There are many routers that are not compatible with the new 802.11ac standard. It's unlikely that a hotel will update the firmware on the router for you which may help but in many cases a new ac router will be required.

Try using another n type adaptor, USB perhaps.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47905-new-computer-unable-connect-public-wifi.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey guys i m having similar troubles here friends laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi it will connect to internet but only through cable hookup i network to to wifi through a is connect laptop unable can locate my network but when laptop is unable to connect to a network through wifi i hit connect type in correct password it tries for say - seconds then says quot Windows was unable to connect to my network quot i know its not my router i have several things that can connect to my network without problems only this laptop seems to have a problem she has a ralink wifi adapter which is said to be notorious for going bad but i can neither conform or denai that i ll list what specs i know how to find and hopefully that will help any help from you all would be great also if you need me to post some data could you explain how to find it and the like thanks Specs Windows home premium service pack HP pavilion g notebook AMD A - M APU with radeon hd graphics GHz GB GB usuable RAM -bit operating system Network Adapter Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter Ralink RT b g n wifi adapter let me know what you think please nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

Just completed upgrade to windows 8 from 7 but am unable to connect to my wifi. Have iPad and MacBook that are still connected fine but my pc can now no longer find any wifi networks. If I select change pc settings I have no networking options available. If I access the desktop, control panel and network connections nothing I do will allow it to connect to a network. HELP!!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17111-unable-connect-wifi-following-windows-7-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 82.99%

ello nbsp I have G Windows whose wifi works well consistently--except with Cox Hotel Wifi at two different locations Cox tech support has been unable to troubleshoot the problem nbsp Here's what happens nbsp I connect to the Cox Wifi Connecting Connecting to the internet is taking longer than usual The connection is limited A yellow exclamation point appears over the signal strength symbol At this point the browser should open up with the Cox splash page but doesn't Opening the browser manually brings up an error messsage but no splash page nbsp I am unable to access the internet nbsp I AM able to access the Cox wifi using an old Dell laptop Normally when I to Hotel unable G500 connect (Cox COX un... with Wifi connect to the internet with the Dell the browser automatically opens up a splash page appears and requests the password I punch in the password and G500 unable to connect with COX Hotel Wifi (Cox un... am able to connect to the internet nbsp I have tried to fix G500 unable to connect with COX Hotel Wifi (Cox un... the problem on my own with the G500 unable to connect with COX Hotel Wifi (Cox un... MS internet connection troubleshooter with no success Cox service techs haven't been able to help me nbsp Any suggestions Thank you nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500-unable-to-connect-with-COX-Hotel-Wifi-Cox-unable-to/td-p/3334389
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello, I have lost my wifi access via wifi. 
I am using my own router and all other devices are working fine.
It is picking it up, showing 5 bars and saying it is connected and I have internet access, but will not go onto any Internet pages.. Chrome
says DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET. 
When I ran troubleshooting on the wifi connection the the problem found was ' the remote device or resource won't accept the connection'. 
Please can someone help?
Thanks in advance, Jan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7bf25c80-386a-4557-b8e0-58784f7eec88/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-windows-81?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 82.99%

My lenovo Thinkpad (ThinkPad Twist S230u) used Intel Centrio Wireless-N 2230. I updated system to Windows 10, 64 bits. and I installed "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (JP) Version: 18.1.1525.1445 (Latest) Date: 8/11/2015"(link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25206/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...But in the same network I unable connect wifi althought when I was use Windows7 that I can connect this wifi.I try to fix it. I install in Compatibilty Mode (link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_web/unable-to-connect-to-wi-f... ).But the problem still happen. How can I fix the problem? Or I should use system to Windows7. However There is no problem when I use LAN

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/sometime-I-unable-connect-WIFI-Intel-Centrio-Wireless-N-2230/td-p/3324372
Relevancy 82.99%

Please gave me all drivers of windows 7  link to download for HP AF 103 AX .  I tried to install windows 7 on hp af-103-ax , but i have some issues, please gave me all related drivers, to download, for win 7...  Major issue was i am unable to connect internet . Sorry for my bad english... Hope you will solve this issue as soon as possible..

A:i am unable to connect internet or wifi, please gave me rel...

Hi: You need these wireless and bluetooth drivers... The package contains the Broadcom wireless LAN drivers and utility that are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN Adapter in supported notebooks that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp70888.exe This package contains the Broadcom Bluetooth driver and software for supported models that are running a supported operating system. Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Driver is required to enable Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 devices and is compatible with Broadcom Bluetooth 3.0 and earlier versions. File name: sp71440.exe You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the base 15z-af000 on your model except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-af000-Notebook-PC-series/7771410/model/8341291 In addition to the above drivers, you will need to install the amd chipset driver from AMD for the smbus and usb controllers. You want the 1st file on the page.  Install and restart the PC. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-am-unable-to-connect-internet-or-wifi-please-gave-me/td-p/5704623
Relevancy 82.99%

i have a acer laptop running windows 7 ultimate. I am unable to connect to public WiFi hotspots. But i m able to connetc to ad hocs and my mobile WiFi hotspot. Please recommend a solution

A:Unable to connect to public WiFi networks

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\SLN>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SLN-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Mixed
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Spotflux Network Device Driver
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-FF-95-DB-43-E2
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-FB-4A-B4-66
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9010:eaf2:ae86:74ae%13(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.239(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2012 21:43:08
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 26 September 2012 22:43:08
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889979
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-00-87-CA-00-1F-16-9E-5C-76

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.43.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con
troller (NDIS 6.20)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-16-9E-5C-76

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 17:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #8
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:10cd:3954:8a19:3dfa(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::10cd:3954:8a19:3dfa%11(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter 6TO4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Reusable Microsoft 6To4 Adapter:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #3

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Description . . . . . . . . . . ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-public-wifi-networks.1070455/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone I am having an issue I attempted installed zonealarm free a few days ago when I woke up I saw that it said the installation failed Yet still I saw zonealarm listed as a new program that was installed I also can unable to connect to the internet I changed the settings of zonealarm from high to medium but still no internet I uninstalled zonealarm and even used the clean exe zonealarm tool no internet I manually went ahead and removed via or connect ethernet wifi to internet to Unable as many zone Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet alarm components as possible but still no internet I have done various elevated command prompts net sh etc However for the reset one it always says reset failed Ip and Ip in a not connected state and all wifi networks say limited as well as Ethernet connections I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers Also I have no system restore points available When the issue Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet was first present my last restore point was Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet Office preview which I had installed two hours or so before zonealarm Zonealarm never had a restore point Since trying to troubleshoot this issue all my restore points have been erased I am going insane Can you guys please help me to figure out how to fix this Thanks in advance for your help Laptop Sony Vaio Flip OS Windows Professional Wireless Card Intel Wireless N

A:Unable to connect to internet via wifi or ethernet

System Restore to before you installed Zonealarm.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/66161-unable-connect-internet-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi guys I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved I also searched on this forum but still Wifi, connect windows 10 public to to Unable nothing useful found If I missed the right topic I'm sorry I'll provide to erase this asap My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public free wifi connection that requires no password No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi everything runs as is supposed to be But when I try to connect to open wifi I have no internet connection So yes I can see Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 the name of the public wifi connect to it but still have no internet while people around me have no problem it says no interne open It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions I've tried disable the firewall the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it as AdBlock I have other extension as WOT Lastpass ProxFlow and Mailtrack But on Chrome so I thought there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer Thanks in advance and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc please try not to be too technic I use my laptop a lot but I'm no expert

A:Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66670-unable-connect-public-wifi-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I have just moved homes and I am unable to connect wirelessly to the internet through the network in my new house The computer is connected to the network with excellent signal strength but access shows as local only and will not connect to the to to unable wifi connections connect some Solved: internet All other computers have been able to Solved: unable to connect to some wifi connections connect to the internet with no problems and my computer will connect to other wifi connections no problem I can connect with a wire directly to the router but no luck with wifi I have also had this problem with one previous wifi network I have tried many things including taking the compter to a computer shop for them to look at and having another professional look at it but so far no luck Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D CND S Q Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

After a power outage, my laptop and sister's phone would not connect nor recognize our router. We turned off the router and rebooted it, after which her phone connects but my laptop still would not connect at all. I tried manually setting up the network on the laptop, the network still won't pop up anymore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-power-outage.1163538/
Relevancy 82.99%

Last week my computer got a virus not sure if to to removal connect Unable after virus WiFi it matters but a Sirefef B Trojan I was able to delete it running Microsoft Security Essentials Ever since then my wireless adapter hasn t been Unable to connect to WiFi after virus removal working At first it would simply say Unable to connect to WiFi after virus removal quot Connecting quot but never finally connect to the network I went into Device Manager uninstalled the wireless adapter rebooted the computer and reinstalled the driver Ever since then the adapter now Unable to connect to WiFi after virus removal attempts to connect but gives up before I can enter the security password Lastly the Windows Firewall refuses to enable I try to open the Windows Firewall and get the error quot Windows Firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running Do you want to start the Windows Firewall Internet Connection Sharing ICS service quot If I click yes it says Windows cannot start the service My computer is a Dell M laptop running Windows XP My wireless adapter is Intel PROSet Wireless and the wireless router is a Mac Airport I know the problem is not with the wireless router because my roommates can connect to WiFi fine as can my smartphone Note I cannot run the TSG SysInfo utility as I cannot access the internet nbsp

Relevancy 82.99%

This morning I tried connecting to wifi to WiFi suddenly unable ok router connect, but it wouldn't connect WiFi suddenly unable to connect, router ok saying that there was quot no internet connection quot it was working fine yesterday evening I restarted the modem router and verified that it was working with other devices I've tried disabling amp re-enabling the wifi adapter double checked that the wifi button was toggled on ipconfig release amp renew and a few other things but nothing has fixed the problem At this point if I restart my computer I can connect to my router for a brief period lt minute before the connection terminates and won't connect again The wifi tray icon has a yellow circle on it and I can see the available networks but I can't connect to them If I try the windows troubleshooter it will say either to check the router amp or that the LAN is disabled Running ipconfig -all shows that the media state is disconnected even though it looks to be on enabled through device manager the control panel network adapter page and the keyboard wifi button is on How can I figure out where the problem is It isn't the router since it works with other devices but it doesn't entirely seem to be the network card either since it can still see the available networks but just can't connect to them Does anyone have any idea of what to do NIC Broadcom b g n driver version

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/385985-wifi-suddenly-unable-connect-router-ok.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi team I have the on unable Wif connect to Tablet is available to Wifi is but Windows 10 user recently bought a new Tablet with Windows installed but unable to connect to wifi Description User has bought a new Sony Tablet with Windows installed Whenhe Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif search for a wifi he could see SSID available on Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif his machine and Signalstrength is good However when He clicks quot Connect quot The tablet willkeep being disconnected from the Wifi Network When other users who are on Tablet HP Desktop Laptop are able toconnect to Wifi Network with no issue When his machine is on the other location Airport MCDonald working fine Troubleshooting the troubleshooting that I have done are - Restart the device - Reinstall Old New Version of Wifi Drivers on the tablet - Disabled Firewall on Tablet Access Point - Disabled Password on Access Point - Restart the access point - Set the MAC Address to allow the tablet access to Wifi on AccessPoint - Set the IP Reservation for this Tablet - Set the Wireless LAN on Tablet to b n g None of the troubleshooting Wifi is available but Windows 10 on Tablet is unable to connect to Wif above work for me Can you please advise

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32177-wifi-available-but-windows-10-tablet-unable-connect-wif.html
Relevancy 82.99%

last day I resize the wifi in to network laptop my connect unable c partition boot partition today I try to connect wifi network but my laptop not show my wifi network via windows phone network sharing I shows all my problem in above picture I search in unable to connect wifi network in my laptop internet and find one solution that is quot only chance to upgrade os to solve quot please visit link - I receive Error code x whenever I try to use the - Microsoft Community what I unable to connect wifi network in my laptop do I not have any upgrade os dvd so l planned to download Windows Embedded Industry Pro in https www dreamspark com Product P x productid and burn in DVD My question is that DVD helps to upgrade my Windows home basic to Windows Embedded If yes how to upgrade If that DVD not helps to upgrade my os I planned to dual boot win and embedded win my question is after dual boot In windows I able to connect Wi-Fi say your solution for my problem I try sfc scannow I get following result what I do next

A:unable to connect wifi network in my laptop

For the fastest repair option, you could do a repair install.

Repair Install

You do not need to upgrade your OS to fix the issue.

When did this start happening?

Install any hardware or software recently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/333446-unable-connect-wifi-network-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 82.99%

No longer able to connect to 5Ghz network."Windows was unable to connect to X"The wifi nw is found but it's not possible to connect any longer. Previously there were no problem.No problem with the 5 Ghz nw since I'm able to connect with both tablet and phones.The "Troubleshoot problem" does no solve the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-laptop-unable-to-connect-to-5Ghz-wifi/td-p/5654980
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I hope someone can help I am on holiday in Spain attempting to connect to a residential wireless network on a router that was installed up connect to 2nd on laptop to Unable wifi Solved: by an engineer this morning When the engineer was here he connected an HP laptop using XP to the wireless router At first there was an issue with the connection seemingly the same error message I am getting now he did something to the wireless settings on the laptop which stupidly I didn t see and Solved: Unable to connect to wifi on 2nd laptop it successfully connected When I attempted to connect my laptop to the same wireless router I got the same error message Connection Unsuccessful I clicked Diagnose Problem and got this This computer has got limited or no connectivity I first selected the Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter but this didn t solve the problem I then viewed the Wireless Network Security Settings and as far as I can see they are identical to those on the HP laptop that has successfully connected Security Type No Authentication open Encryption Type WEP Network Security Key Key Index I then connected my laptop to the router using the ADSL cable and was able to connect to the internet but I am still unable to get a wireless connection When I view the wireless connections I am Connected With Limited Access I have included information below about laptop router types I m not sure if anything else is required Please also bear in mind I am in Spain on holiday and my Spanish will definitely not be sufficient to try and communicate successfully with the telephone company The person I am staying with is fluent in Spanish and English but is even more of a computer illiterate than me ISP MOVISTAR ROUTER XAVI CONNECTION TYPE WIRELESS WIRELESS ENCRYPTION WEP OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM NO SERVICE PACKS INSTALLED BROWSER FIREFOX C Users Misha gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Misha gt PING YAHOO COM Pinging YAHOO COM with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Misha gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered LAPPYTOP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered C Users Misha gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lappytop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List local lan Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -BF- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b a d cfd f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - B- -BA- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f bcc be f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February... Read more

A:Solved: Unable to connect to wifi on 2nd laptop

can we see an xirrus screen shot

Have you got the correct password for WEP for the wireless setting
remove the wireless profiles and reconnect and re-enter the password - see below

whats the make and model of the router - i would log intothe router and remove the WEP setting and see if you can now connect

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all
--

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-on-2nd-laptop.982327/
Relevancy 82.99%

My lenovo Thinkpad (ThinkPad Twist S230u) used Intel Centrio Wireless-N 2230. I updated system to Windows 10, 64 bits. and I installed "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology for Windows® 10 64-bit (JP) Version: 18.1.1525.1445 (Latest) Date: 8/11/2015"(link : https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25206/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Bluetooth-technol...But in the same network I unable connect wifi althought when I was use Windows7 that I can connect this wifi.I try to fix it. I install in Compatibilty Mode (link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_web/unable-to-connect-to-wi-f... ).But the problem still happen. How can I fix the problem? Or I should use system to Windows7. However There is no problem when I use LAN

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/sometime-I-unable-connect-WIFI-Intel-Centrio-Wireless-N-2230/td-p/3324372
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,
I bought a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 8 installed in it. I'm able to connect to Wifi networks at home but not at work. My laptop has a "Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB EG" WiFi driver installed. I tried to rollback the Wifi drivers and connect but still I'm not able to succeed. Could someone please help me out to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Sundar

A:Unable to connect to Wifi Networks at Work

Can you see the network? What happens when you try to connect?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/15353-unable-connect-wifi-networks-work.html
Relevancy 82.13%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 82.13%

hello techguy..im new here and i have a problem ..im,a novice technician,my problem is i format my netbook samsung n102sp/n100sp..i succesfully format it and install os w7..my problem is device missing ethernet and network adapter ..i already dl realtek pcie family comtroller..and i wasnt able to connect wifi..i already switch on the wifi switch in the fn keys to on..and idont have ip address..local area conn./realtek pcie fam controller is unplugged..please help me tech guy..reply me asap..

A:wifi unable to connect (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

the pcie family controller is the wired network, not the wifi. you need to download the wofi drivers, install them and you should be good. the easiest way to do this is to hook up to the router with a cable, then download it. there are four available on the download page that said wifi, try them all to see which one works. i found them here: http://www.samsung.com/ph/support/model/NP-N102S-B04PH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-unable-to-connect-moved-from-windows-7-forum.1149059/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I am having problems accessing the internet via a pay for service wifi connection One Zone I am located to to WIFI point access unable Selectively connect in an area with multiple encripted and unencripted networks I can get to one free network but cannot use my cellphone from there I was able to log onto sign up and use the pay for service once The next time after rebooting I could not I called technical support for One Zone and was told to remove Internet Explorer from the list of applicaitons in my Mcafee firewall This Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point worked once but then failed the next time I rebooted and has not worked when I tried it again Next I tried the suggestion to use the commands For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log This worked once and Selectively unable to connect to WIFI access point then not again I uninstalled the Mcafee firewall - but this did not help Finally I updated the driver for the WIFI card and for the ThinkVantage software used to access the network on the IBM Thinkpad T Throughout this exercise I was able to acceess the free WIFI access point dLink When I try to access OneZone I am told that the signal strength is excellent and that I am connected I am assigned an IP address I can ping the IP address but not the associated gateway address When I look at the status I see IP addresses indications that I am connected a lot of packets going out and no packets going in When I run diagnostics the report says Adapter Details Adapter name a b g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter Adapter type Wireless LAN Adapter speed Mbps Driver Firmware version N A Adapter status Enabled Connection Status Connected Disable unused cards Yes TCP IP Settings DHCP enabled Yes Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix Yes Register connection s DNS suffix in registration Yes Register connection s DNS suffix in DNS registration Yes Enable LMHOSTS Lookup No NetBIOS setting quot Default quot Wireless Settings Network name SSID One Zone High Speed Internet Connection type Access point Wireless mode Auto Security encryption None Use this profile to connect during Windows log on No System Information System model BU BIOS version ET WW TVT GINA version Operating system version Windows XP Service pack ThinkVantage Access connections version Access Point scan list Network name SSID Wireless mode MAC address Signal strength Channel ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- One Zone High Speed Internet g D D MSHOME g F E D kidPHONE a B EC Cows a B A Cows a B EA One Zone High Speed Internet g D D TRAC a B EB Alaris a B E kidZONE a B E kidZONE a B Alaris a B kidPHONE a B C BELL g C E F ZULU g F F Bondfield g C F BELL g A C TRAC a B B PostLabWireless g E E CA haytham g CD F E SeaHorse g C F FE C Wir in Toronto g EC One Zone High Speed Internet g D B FA Global Settings Network ------- Allow Windows users without administrator privileges to create and apply location profiles - gt Yes Allow wireless connection at Windows logon requires system restart - gt Yes Close all wireless network connections when user logs off - gt No Disable Adhoc connection type option in wireless LAN profiles - gt No Allow the wireless LAN radio to be turned off when inactive - gt Yes Allow selection of location profiles with Fn F On Screen Display menu - gt Yes Enable autodeletion of unused profiles - gt No Disable the Peer to Peer community feature - gt No Notifications ------------- Show ThinkVantage Access Connections status icon in task tray - gt Yes Show wireless status icon in task tray - gt Yes Display the progress indicator window when a profile is being applied - gt Yes Preferences ----------- Enable sound effects - gt No Do not show balloon tips from the Access Connections system tray icon - gt Yes Sh... Read more

Relevancy 82.13%

My laptop is inable to connect to internet via its own network card. The WiFi connects but shows no internet while im able to access the internet using a WiFi dongle. I have updated the drivers and even deleted and reinstalled the drivers but still issue didn't get resolved. The laptops own wifi is showing the networks just unable to get the internet and shows an error sign exclamation on the WiFi signal for the laptops wifi card while connects fine using the dongle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-network-card-is-unable-to-connect-to-internet/td-p/5750730
Relevancy 82.13%

When I tap network services, all I see is the airplane mode button. I don't see any wifi options. I updated my intel wrieless drivers to the most recent setting, and I'm on the newest bios. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Unable-to-connect-to-wifi-doesn-t-show-up/td-p/3423020
Relevancy 82.13%

i have a dell latitude cpx and it shows my wifi signal but wont connect and says is unable to connect to the suggested network or something of that nature can someone please help me

Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Switched over the internet service provider to Time Warner We are using the same router we have used before the switch which was also with Time Warner service provider and everything was working FINE before the switch But now with the new modem from service provider something is wrong -- My roommate is unable to connect her laptop and her phone to the wifi even though the network is being detected I can only connect to my laptop which was the laptop I had opened to verify connectivity when the Technician was there Also my I-phone is unable to connect to the network even though it detects it It s very odd considering we had the technician come out to resolve this issue in the first place Could it be that the DHCP server has been turned off so it s allowing only one device to connect to the one IP address on the modem Or wifi to to Unable connect home devices multiple do we need to delete the wifi Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi networks off of our computers and other devices My roommate tried that on her devices and still didn t connect Please help nbsp

A:Unable to connect multiple devices to home wifi

Do you know if your new modem includes WiFi? Is so, when you tested the connection with the technician present, did they have you connect wirelessly to your existing wireless router or to the modem itself?

Assuming you are running some version of Windows on the computer that can connect, please go into the Windows DOS/Command prompt screen and run an IPCONFIG /ALL command. Then copy and paste the complete results of the command here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-multiple-devices-to-home-wifi.1129490/
Relevancy 82.13%

This is for a work computer, that I'm 99% sure someone with monkey hands messed up. Now I'm stuck trying to get it fixed.

When I try connecting to a wifi network, the computer attempts to connect for half a beat, and tells me that windows was unable to connect to the network.

I turned off the firewall, there isnt a virus scanner running, and I updated the internal wifi drivers. I even tried using my external USB wifi adapter.

I was able to tether his cell phone to the computer briefly. As far as I knew, he was able to connect that way. He just told me today that the tethered connection doesn't always work,

So whatever is going on, I assume has something to do with a windows software setting. Any ideas?

I can't do a system restore because there is some proprietary software installed that would take an act of congress to get reinstalled.

A:Unable to connect with internal Wifi or external USB adapter

This is what I get with I use ipconfig/all

Code:

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : SalesLaptop5
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Onqlegrand
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 4:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E0-06-E6-49-87-93
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 2:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Ralink RT3090 802.11n WiFi Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : E0-06-E6-49-87-92
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Onqlegrand
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-97-0E-03-E3-02
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.40.1(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Saturday, September 29, 2012 2:53:33 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, September 27, 2022 2:53:32 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.40.254
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.40.254
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.40.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter isatap.Onqlegrand:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Onqlegrand
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5efe:192.168.40.1%20(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.40.254
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:105f:23cc:3f57:d7fe(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::105f:23cc:3f57:d7fe%19(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/255544-unable-connect-internal-wifi-external-usb-adapter.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi folks Unable my connection to with Wifi Ethernet or through connect internet the machine is Samsung NP e a installed with windows bit Unable to connect with my internet connection by any means wifi or ethernet One of the senior member of this forum sent Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet me a link of Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet drivers I uploaded all the drivers again and again The Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet laptop has no error message in Control Panels except the D video adaptor which I think isn t related Here is the detail of Network Adaptors installed Bluetooth device personal area network Bluetooth device TDI protocol RFCOMM Realtek PCI GBE family controller Intel Centrino Wireless N Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor Microsoft Virtual minport adaptor I tried to connect via ethernet but it doesn t detect the cable I checked the same cable and router with other computer and its working Wifi networks are available tried to connect my network it asks for password and then gives the message window Windows could not connect to my network The wifi network is working with three other devices One more strange thing bluetooth is also not working although its drivers are showing no error but that I doesn t require at the moment Please help

A:Unable to connect with my internet connection through Wifi or Ethernet

again i will tell you to do the same thing i tell others in same situation. In addition to the driver downloads; try power cycling the modem and router. Unplug the power to both the modem and router and wait about a minute or so; then plug the modem back in first and let that fully boot; then plug the router back in and let that fully boot. Post back if that does not solve the issue; or mark this thread solved if it has.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327564-unable-connect-my-internet-connection-through-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am trying to help a co-worker get his Wifi working.

The wireless manager says he has a connection but when starting up firefox it is unable to pick up a web site. He just informed me he is unable to get connected via his LAN line at home.

He's assuming something he did with firewall settings a few days ago caused this. Where should l look first to try to solve this?

Thanks
PP

A:Shows receiving WIFI but browser says unable to connect

When both wireless and ethernet are having trouble connecting a top suspect is a 3rd party firewall (security suite).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shows-receiving-wifi-but-browser-says-unable-to-connect.721836/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia 55" tv and I tried connecting to the wifi both auto and manually, but no luck. It shows connected but without Internet access. Am able to connect to other devices with this wifi connections. I did check the ip settings too. Please help. Thank you !

A:Sony tv 55" unable to connect to wifi internet

Hi

Is it a smart tv?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-tv-55-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-internet.1142490/
Relevancy 82.13%

Got me stumped! My Sony Vaio connects to the net fine at work but at home shows connection to the wireless network but no internet access. Any thoughts appreciated! BTW I'm using a Netgear DGN1000 & IE.

A:Unable to connect to net via wifi at home but is fine at work

Is this a company issued machine ?
Sounds like it should of been connected to your home network before your work network if it was a personal machine ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/288200-unable-connect-net-via-wifi-home-but-fine-work.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I ve looked at the other posts but cant seem to find the solution I can not connect to the home WiFi network using this laptop yet I can connect this laptop to other public networks using the WiFi I can connect this laptop tp the home network using cable to the Netgear Broadband wireless router and I can connect this to laptop Solved: to home using Unable WiFi connect to the home network with other Solved: Unable to connect to home WiFi using this laptop devises ie ipads ipods Solved: Unable to connect to home WiFi using this laptop and another windows XP laptop I had McAfee installed which was not working and I have uninstalled it Here is a copy of an ipconfig all command I used Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sheila-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-AE- -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc aaa db acd Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D - -FF- - - B-AE- -BD DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DD - B - - A - DED Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BFC D- D - B -B DD-A A EA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC EC- B- F- C - BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC EC- B- F- C - BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FFAA-A A- DB -A -BF E A C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If I ping the gateway only one or two packets returned I hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

I use a Dell 2010 laptop. I have consistently been able to use wifi. On 1 Jan I moved into a new apartment shared with a friend. My friend allows me to use the wifi by sharing the password. My friend's computer is a MacBook. But I cannot access wifi! Why is that? I am able to see the available connections and to see the one that my friend is using. But I am unable to access it. I tried manually adding the new wifi network. It shows up with "limited access" -- it does not enable use of internet.

A:Unable to connect to wifi on a macbook from a dell computer at home

What exactly happens when you detect the network and try to connect?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify the network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-on-a-macbook-from-a-dell-computer-at-home.1084318/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi All nbsp My -year old Notebook has suddenly developed WiFi Internet access issues For the past month my WiFi connection has dropped intermittently sometimes for hours After running diagnostics receive various error messages Cannot find gateway cannot connect to this network ethernet adapter is unplugged have to Connect Notebook Suddenly WiFi/Find Gateway Unable not specified connection for wifi adapter nbsp A few germane notes nbsp Router from ISP is functioning properly and signal is strong usually when connection suddenly drops No bluetooth running no other network connections except an HP printer Distance minimal -- I am in the next room from router -- and no new 'obstacles' metal concrete between myself and router Have disabled enabled all adapters including the WiFi have removed replaced amp freshly logged on to wireless connection Even hardwired ethernet connection showed trouble being recognized Contrary to error messages everything set properly in 'Settings' nbsp nbsp Have never had this problem before are the network adapters on this notebook just failing Atheros amp Realtek nbsp nbsp Thanks for your help nbsp Kate nbsp nbsp

A:Notebook Suddenly Unable to Connect WiFi/Find Gateway

Unable to find a way to add a brief addendum to my message, thus this reply to myself Addendum:  I have updated all drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Notebook-Suddenly-Unable-to-Connect-WiFi-Find-Gateway/td-p/5816278
Relevancy 81.27%

Dear All, Have been facing problem connecting to the wifi router. Have recently upgraded to windows 10. Microsoft says hardware supplier shall provide drivers for wifi adapter. Kindly help with new drivers for Windows 10. Yours truly,[email protected]

A:Acer Aspire 5551-4200, unable to connect to wifi r...

"Microsoft says hardware supplier shall provide drivers for wifi adapter."That would be if the hardware supplier offered and supported Windows 10 in that laptop.I'm sorry to say that Acer only Supports  32 & 64 bit Windows 7'There are no official drivers for the Aspire 5551 for Windows 8,8.1 or 10. Are you running 32 or 64 bit O/S?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5551-4200-unable-to-connect-to-wifi-router/td-p/422590/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 81.27%

As above, my computer has been unable to recall a password for any wifi spot, let alone automatically connect when in a home network for over a month now. These spots are places I frequent and had originally been able to automatically connect to. I believe it may have something to do with two programs called Commview and Aircrack, in which my younger brother tried to bypass locks my parents had placed on the wifi. I only say this because it seems to be the only thing out of place in the last month and it's where I am currently placing the blame. I'm now back to school and my laptop is no longer up for public use. As of yet I have been unable to repair this damage. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer unable to store wifi passwords/ automatically connect

hello,

you can try to uninstall those programs first and restart. then disconnect from the network.

go to start type "manage wireless networks" then click and delete ALL of them. restart and try to reconnect to your wifi. you will need to know the password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304566-computer-unable-store-wifi-passwords-automatically-connect.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,Laptop: HP 450OS: Windows 7 untimate 64 bit.Wireless chipset: Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi AdapterInstalled driver version: 5.0.45.0The laptop is showing different wireless network. However I cannot connect to any one of them. The error message is "Windows is unable to connect to"As far as I know, the correct driveris installed. The networks is being shown.Not sure what could be the problem. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank youAbdul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/unable-to-connect-wifi-network-Ralink-RT3290-802-11bgn-Wi-Fi/td-p/5730398
Relevancy 81.27%

My laptop is reading a full WiFi signal from my router I am currently connected to the router via Ethernet on the same laptop I ve been reading tons of old threads to troubleshoot this I m at a loss I have used this current networking hardware for more than a year without any problems I do have a pretty old router but my iPod connects to the WiFi no problem at the moment Here s what I ve tried so far - soft reset of router - power cycle modem and router - removed saved network information from the laptop - hard reset of router - ip release renew - dns flush - tcp ip reset - uninstalled reinstalled drivers for wireless card - system restore I have supplied an ipconfig all report the usual ping tests that I see requested and I have attached a screenshot of Xirrus Thank you kindly for the help Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name lt lt EDITED FOR PRIVACY gt gt Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Laptop Connection 7 Connect Solved: Win Unable Wifi Full to to Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - - E-B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Solved: Win 7 Laptop Unable to Connect to Full Wifi Connection Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c f debc f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday January PM Lease Expires Monday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -F -A - - - - E-B - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A D D-BCCE- -B EA- BA ED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c bc ddca Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c bc ddca Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E B -AB - DD - - D EC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B AD -DAFE- F E- A A- B FF AA E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

I just recently did a Windows update and somehow it destroyed my wifi connectivity. I have tried to do system restores back a few days prior to the update to NO avail. I have removed and re-installed or attempted to install the hardware and the software several times. I have downloaded Intel Driver Update Utility to help me install the drivers for the network adapter to no avail. I am not sure what happened but I definitely don't know how to correct this problem.

I have tried so many steps I can't even remember half of them. Most of the times that Intel has done a download, it comes back as Failed and then when I reboot laptop it says installation incomplete (or something like that).

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

A:intel centrino wireless-n 1000 (Unable to connect) NO wifi

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Wireless Card show in the Device Manager with an exclamation mark beside it ? ...
What is the exact Model Number of your Laptop ? ...
Have you tried the Driver from the Manufacturers Website ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371856-intel-centrino-wireless-n-1000-unable-connect-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi.i been trying to fix this problem with my laptop. I cant connect to my wifi when my phone can connect i have tried all the suggested answers on your website but still i cant resolve.i did the ipconfigs and netsh thing but still not working. Please help me.

Relevancy 81.27%

Hello

I recently got the newest NETGEAR router device, the NETGEAR Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router, and I am unable to connect to the 5GHz WiFi it provides on its Tri-band WiFi. I am currently only on its 2.4GHz WIFI, which I assume is lesser than the 5G. I am able to connect to the 5GHz on my smart phone, so I know it exists from the router. I am running a windows 8.1 currently on a desktop on an HP Envy 700-213 Desktop PC.

Edit: My computer supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n radio types - which supports 5GHz WiFi
My adapter is a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Any ideas for why I am unable to connect to this WiFi?

A:Unable to connect to 5GHz Wifi on NETGEAR Tri-Band Router

The most likely explanation is that the wifi adapter in your HP Envy 700-213 doesn't support the 5Ghz band.

If you really want to connect at 5Ghz you will need to get a new wifi adapter for your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71352-unable-connect-5ghz-wifi-netgear-tri-band-router.html
Relevancy 81.27%

my wifi was working correctly but recently it stops working, it shows orange color, even i tap that button many a times bt i was unable to connect my laptop to wifi network, solve this issue

A:my wifi button shows orange color and i m unable to connect ...

@chetan_786? chetan_786 wrote:Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)my wifi was working correctly but recently it stops working, it shows orange color, even i tap that button many a times bt i was unable to connect my laptop to wifi network, solve this issue Ubuntu is a Linux based Operating System. How to fix your Internet connection in Ubuntu Linux For Windows 7, some resources include: The Cable Guy: Connecting to Wireless Networks with Windows 7 How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows 7/8/10  Brilliant Post - How to Ask Your QuestionWhen you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-wifi-button-shows-orange-color-and-i-m-unable-to-connect/td-p/5689082
Relevancy 81.27%

Woke up today and can't connect to any of two routers we have in the building. Still, every room- and home-mate using wi-fi as always - like I'm only one who got problem.
I'm pretty sure noone changed router settings, nor I installed something bad either.
I'm running Windows 7 on my Asus-P53S laptop with build-in Atheros AR9002WB adapter.

Can anyone help me? I've got less then 12 hours to finish my online project, really don't wanna miss it

A:Solved: From this morning - Windows was unable to connect to (My wifi network name)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-from-this-morning-windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-my-wifi-network-name.1141424/
Relevancy 80.84%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 80.41%

1.  Cleaned up virus/malware with MalwareBytes
2.  Rescan came up clean with MalwareBytes and AVG
3.  After cleanup, IE browser could not access google.com & yahoo.com, but could access any other website attempted
4.  Chrome browser had no issues with google.com & yahoo.com
5.  Host file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) was clean
6.  Ran combofix
7.  IE issue was resolved, IE could now access google.com & yahoo.com
8.  Rebooted
9.  Now, PC unable to connect via Ethernet or WiFi

Prior to reboot, even with virus, the I had no issues with Ethernet or WiFi.

Latest Combofix log attached.

A:Unable to connect to Ethernet or WiFi after virus cleanup & ComboFix scan

Just wanted to update because problem is resolved.

I ended up restoring from restore point from yesterday and was able to avoid the issue this time.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531402/unable-to-connect-to-ethernet-or-wifi-after-virus-cleanup-combofix-scan/
Relevancy 80.41%

This is what I am working with Laptop LENOVO Refurbished O S Windows home premium Version build Service pack bit Processor Intel i - M GHz Intel Family Model stepping Hard Drive C GB HDD Free suddenly internet and laptop 3months to via Solved: old connect Wifi to unable other GB D Free Ram Mb Graphics card Intel R HD Graphics Family - MB Motherboard LENOVO Emerald Lake Anti Virus McAfee Anti-Virus amp Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Modem Videotron Arris Model TM G Router Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR Level of knowledge Intermediate Learned how to use a computer in the time before Windows comfortable with using command prompt Have fixed many issue over the years with old and crappy Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other computers through research Not very familiar with wireless connections This is NOT the Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other issue I am trying to fix currently but might be good to know Last week laptop started freezing on Windows load going automatically to safe mode If I restart the computer after loading in safe mode Windows opens fine the second time Have tried stopping all other programs from loading at start up If I do a system restore everything works fine for a few days then starts freezing on Windows load again When Window does load I get the application error The application was unable to start correctly xc click ok to close but can still log in to Windows Also When I plug my cell phone via USB to computer it charges fine and can upload and download between the phone and laptop however if I connect a USB thumb drive I cannot open the folder save to it or open from it This is the issue I wish to fix first so I don t have to keep switching between my ancient and slow CPU and my Laptop trying to fix the above problem s Laptop recently stopped connecting to home WiFi automatically or manually Ran troubleshooters suggested I do a full power off the router and turn it back on Did that still not connecting Did a full power off of laptop and modem and router and restarted everything Still doesn t work Used manual Diagnostic tool and it fails the association test suggests that I check the profile I don t know much about wireless as I said so I do not know what profile I need to check or where it is located The laptop does connect sporadically to the internet at home via WiFi for a few minutes at a time on its own according to the wireless network connections During this time I see one of two messages in wireless network connections Unidentified network or limited access If I go into the network sharing centre it says I am connected to an unidentified public network and shows that this network is not connecting to the internet If I use the manual diagnostic tool at this time it passes the association test but fails the ping test Distance from the router does not seem to make a difference Often when it is disconnected I cannot even see my router in the list of available wireless network connections I can connect wireless to the router from my phone and have had no problems even while the laptop is unable to connect and the old CPU I am currently on which is a wired connection has had no trouble either Other things I tried I ve scanned for hardware changes in my network connections none and tried updating my driver software nothing to update all are enabled Have tried disabling and re-enabling Troubleshoot Internet connections Can t identify a problem Did an ipconfig all since I can t use a thumb drive had to take phone pic attached below A glaring issue is that there is no default gateway info however I have no idea how to fix this Thanks in advance for any help responses JBeans nbsp

A:Solved: 3months old laptop suddenly unable to connect to internet via Wifi and other

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-3months-old-laptop-suddenly-unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-wifi-and-other.1091352/