Windows Support Forum

Lenovo t410 egpu upgarde - which connection?

Q: Lenovo t410 egpu upgarde - which connection?

HelloI am planning to update my t410 with an egpu adapter.What interface should I consider? Express card or maybe pcie?Which version of the express card is in that platform (t410)?And I really want to know the same about pcie.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-t410-egpu-upgarde-which-connection/td-p/3423952
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo t410 egpu upgarde - which connection?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi everyone im a lenovo G510 user (type 80A8)As it only does run on hd graphics 4600 i decided to try an external gpu so i started searching everywhere if it could be possible to attach some gpu to the wifi card port.Ive found some users of my same laptop didnt archieved it but i found this: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4213944966?see_lz=1how can i do like that??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-g510-egpu/td-p/3429651
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I'm fairly new to the forums as well as building computers. I currently use a Lenovo Ideapad V570 and would like to play games that require a better graphics card other than the Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000. The game I would like to try and play is a new game called Overwatch, that can be run by these cards. Reading other posts/forums/articles, I know that I need a graphics card, bplus board, and psu. But I don't know what to buy with a $400~500 budget and whether it'll work with my laptop. I would like to have some suggestions about which affordable components to get for the GPU. For the graphics card, I am honestly okay with anything as long as I can play Overwatch on it (it just looks so good to play haha...) Thank you!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Building-an-eGPU-for-Lenovo-IdeaPad-v570/td-p/3346069
Relevancy 68.37%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 67.94%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My lenonvo thinkpad t is stuck in startup I was checking email and I noticed that my screen was freezing up a bit when an error message box came on up loop stuck in start T410 Lenovo screen unfortunately I did not take note of what it said and my computer began to shut down by itself I hit the power button to make sure it wouldnt restart and gave it minutes before i went to turn it back on Now when i try to turn it on it shows the lenovo splash screen but then goes black and shows the splash screen again never proceeding to windows I have spent most of the say looking up possible solutions but while many people have had similar problems most other posts involve system recovery options which do not appear on my screen It is allowing me to boot into BIOS but I have not been able to find a solution there Do I need to reinstall Windows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

Recently my T410 laptop has had issues with charging the battery, the battery is plugged in and not charging.I have attempted updating the firmware for the battery, it failes half way through as the battery cannot be not identified.The lenovo power mannager does not resolve the issue either as it cannot detect the battery. Any advice on diagnostics or resolutions would be greatly appreciated, as after contacting lenovo support, they simply told me to replace the battery. Which I am happy to do but only as a last resort. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3355260
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 67.08%

System information:

- Lenovo T410
- Bought December 2010
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OEM
- Hitachi 500 GB hard drive
- NVIDIA NVS 3100m Optimus Graphics 512MB DDR3 with AMT
- 4 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 SDRAM 1067MHz SODIMM Memory (2 DIMM) + I installed another 4 GB

I have not reinstalled the OS. The laptop had BSOD's right out of the box. They are unpredictable and occur 1-4 times per day. I disabled the switchable graphics, which seemed to reduce the frequency of the BSODs a little. I've updated the system via Lenovo's System Update tool. I called Lenovo's technical service and they ran through their stock checks and it didn't help.

I've attached the dump and system file collection + system diagnostics.

Thanks for any insight,
Dave

A:Frequent BSOD - new Lenovo T410 laptop

Hi davevoyageur and Welcome.

For a stable set up your Ram should ideally be matched. Same Manufacturer. Type. Model. Size. Batch. Timings. Etc..
Have you tried uninstalling the one stick and seeing if the blue screens continue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144609-frequent-bsod-new-lenovo-t410-laptop.html
Relevancy 67.08%

hi, i have a laptop lenovo T410 that run on window xp.
After running the window, i am prompted to log in but i forgot the password.
So what must i do. How do i reset the laptop to its original factory setting.
Thanks.

A:how to reset lenovo T410 to factory setting.

All your files will be lost. Do you want to recover them first?

Do you know the Administrator password?

Do you have a blue button above the keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-lenovo-t410-to-factory-setting.1036696/
Relevancy 67.08%

The thinkpad hasn't been used for nearly a year and two months since i purchased it from my friend. Lenovo Power Manager recongnized the battery for a few seconds then says:  Could not detect battery, please reinsert battery or recharge the battery. I applied double sided tape to the thinkpad battery so it wouldn't wobble. Still the same problem. Battery was purchased 2014-06-04.It is an aftermarket battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3413116
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi there, I have attached the grab all data in the hope someone will be able to advise.

My laptop has been giving BSOD for months now, Iv'e uploaded a multitude of drivers and performed registry cleaning etc

It happens without much warning apart from a very short freeze, I really need to sort it out as I have important university work to complete!

Hope you can help and thank you in advance

Sam

A:Random BSOD Lenovo T410 WER-70590-0.sysdata.xml

Welcome to the Forum.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Daemon Tools/Alchohol is known to cause BSODs:
How to remove sptd.sys from system
Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Usra\Downloads\sam699\SF_22-02-2014\022214-19172-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0324e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`034916d0
Debug session time: Sat Feb 22 15:12:52.272 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:26.505
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800032ccc3f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!WfpExpireEntryLru+17 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Norton is a known cause of BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Post screenshot(s) of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info Software: CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Run a Hard Drive test: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313457-seatools-dos-windows-how-use.html

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322896-random-bsod-lenovo-t410-wer-70590-0-sysdata-xml.html
Relevancy 66.22%

In our company we have migrated from Toshiba to Lenovo laptops/tablets.  Recently users have been reporting that their T410 laptops are very very slow.  Most of the time they over estimate the slowness time, but this time it's not.  I checked the device and it takes 4-5 minutes from powering on the device to getting the ctrl+alt+del screen.  In that time, there is a few seconds where the screen goes completely black, then comes back. After logging in, it takes another 5-6 minutes to get to the desktop.  I've checked the Hard Drive, memory, spyware, etc. and everything checks out.  The user states that this only started happening a couple of weeks ago.  He's had the device for about a year. Anyone else noticing this type of slowness and what could be causing this issue? Thanks 

A:Lenovo T410 slow to boot up and sluggish once logg...

What happens if you load a program such as HWInfo32 to ensure that the CPU isn't running too slowly? When running HWInfo32, the CPU speed should match or exceed the adverstised speed of the laptop whenever some program is actively using the CPU.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-slow-to-boot-up-and-sluggish-once-logged-in-HELP/td-p/475995
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello Everyone Odd thing to after 520 ssd on intel series Lenovo win7proSP1 upgrade T410 BSOD i've experienced yesterday upgraded lenovo t laptop to intel ssd drive GB and decided to instal win pro with integrated sp In BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series the post installation stage while setting username and computer name computer crashed with BSOD It happen - times Even booting in the safe mode i experienced times complete freeze where i had to manually power off laptop I continued installing drivers BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series on notebook and seams that issue is no longer present I have different problem now windows shuts down unexpectedly without any bsod dumps happen also several times in past h In attach you will see in system logs only single entry as i cleared event logs to find last occurrence easily Note that with Hitachi disk that was in laptop before I never experienced bsod true is that i got laptop with installed win proSP on it with all drivers installed I used lenovo system update tool to get all drivers to the system I am suspecting that new hardware intel ssd series might be cause of this or the drivers either on sata controller or on disk according to ssd toolbox firmware on disk is latest Run Disk Full test with Intel ssd toolbox and finished successfully Also checked with malwarebytesand scanned system no issues found Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Malwarebytes Free Anti-Malware amp Internet Security Software Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile Administrator No Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User refa Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Disabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys No malicious items detected Registry Values No malicious items detected Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders No malicious items detected Files No malicious items detected Physical Sectors No malicious items detected end P S after first BSOD while creating first user and naming pc i decided to name laptop evil

A:BSOD win7proSP1 on Lenovo T410 after upgrade to intel ssd 520 series

ssd tool full test passed with success

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339382-bsod-win7prosp1-lenovo-t410-after-upgrade-intel-ssd-520-series.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Good afternoon all,

I have been in the process of making my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, a much better device to use. While I've been having HDD issues, my main issue right now is the battery that I had purchased. With the IBM Power Manager software, the battery is listed as a Sanyo 42T4710. It is a 9 cell battery and I will provide any other information you need.

When I had first purchased the device, after charging for awhile the battery icon on the laptop would begin to flash amber. It will not charge to 100%, and usually stops at 96%. With the battery manager, the charge threshold is set to "Always Full Charge (Start when below 96% and end at 100%). I tried to run the battery gauge reset option, however the laptop permanently stayed at 96% and never discharged lower than that.

Are there any recommendations that you can make for what I should do with the battery?

Thanks!

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410: Bought a different battery, issues reporting %

Does it charge to 100 when laptop is shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372204-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bought-different-battery-issues-reporting.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I was trying to go thrue non working drivers and it popped up one bad thing acpi\pnpocof\1 dosent have a driver?? I don't have a clue what this is or I could fix it. Anyone please help win 7 pro 32 bit intel core 5 on a Lenovo thinkpad T-410 -2537

A:Get a error on laptop needs driver for acpi\pnpocof\1 Lenovo t410-2537

I recommend that you post in the Win 7 forum since this is a Vista forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302265-get-error-laptop-needs-driver-acpi-pnpocof-1-lenovo-t410-2537-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%
Q: upgarde

I have a windows 98SE. I am looking for free or cheap ways to enable my computer to play GTA3 (which I haven't bought yet) and also for it to play SimCity4 (which I have bought and installed, but plays slowly, scrolling poor etc.) I have no idea what my computer is capable of (it plays The Sims fine). Is there a program/tool that can scan my computer to tell me what abilties it has in the gaming department, is their one on my wimdows desktop?

Cheers
gingerninja

A:upgarde

First off, do you know what CPU you have? Do you know whether you have a graphics card? If so, do you know what type, how much memory it has, etc. How about how much system RAM....do you know how much? Let us know more of what you have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgarde.121745/
Relevancy 49.02%

HI there! I want to upgrade my PC HP 20-2115il All-in-One Desktop from 2 GB RAM to 6 GB RAM. I know I have two sockets, in one I have a 2 GB DDR3. Hence in another socket I want to add a 4 GB. So please can you suggest me some RAMs means what kind of DDR3 RAM I should put. Should I buy a 204-pin DDR3L SODIMM of Kingston or Dolgix Unbuffered DDR3 4 GB (1*4) PC SDRAM (DOL4GD3LO16008C) PC3-12800U 240 Pin 1.35v/1.5v 1600MHz. Please clarify me..... 

A:Upgarde RAM from 2 GB to 6 GB

According to the SUPPORT PAGE, it will support up to 8GB of memory. Dual channel memory architectureTwo 204-pin DDR3 SODIMM socketsSupports PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)Non-ECC memory only, unbufferedSupports 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB SODIMMsSupports up to 8 GB on 64-bit systemYou could use the automated advisor at Kingston or Crucial  I found this on the Kingston sitehttp://www.memorycow.co.uk/laptop/hp-compaq/all-in-one-series/hp-compaq-all-in-one-20-2115il-laptopOR this on the Crucial sitehttp://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/hp-20-2115il-all-in-one  IF you use the automated advise from either site, they will guarantee the memory to work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgarde-RAM-from-2-GB-to-6-GB/td-p/5606620
Relevancy 49.02%

Can I upgrade from a 32 bit processor to a 64 bit processor? The motherboard is an ASUS PTGD-LA

Relevancy 48.59%

my laptop is vaio VGN-FZ31Z, is there any software i can use to update the bios?

thanks

A:how to upgarde my BIOS?

Why do you want to update the BIOS? Updating, or Flashing, the BIOS is usually done to correct bugs or to increase compatibility (for example, to add support for newer processors). Since this is a laptop, your upgrade options are limited to adding more RAM, replacing the HDD/SDD and optical drive. Generally speaking, none of these changes require a BIOS flah/upgrade.

Unless specifically mentioned on the available downloads for your particular model, a BIOS upgrade is not currently available. Having checked the available downloads for the VGN-FZ31Z laptop, I can't find anything as regards upgrading your BIOS. Sorry.

VAIO Support Europe

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/123579-how-upgarde-my-bios.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey All got a dell 8400 with P4630 cpu cant aford duo and major changes right now but NE has 650 for cheap is it worth upgrade for video and multi tasking as I cant overclock?All suggestions would be appreciated

A:Worth The upgarde

IMO, you wouldn't see any significant difference between the 630 and the 650.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/worth-the-upgarde.545057/
Relevancy 48.59%

I know that workstations like the Z-Series use EEC Ram but is it necessary for the system to work? Can I just use regular DDR3 1600Mhz sticks to upgrade my system?

A:HP Z420 RAM Upgarde

Hi, It supports  Up to 64 GB ECC unbuffered DDR3 1600 MHz and you need ECC RAM, not non-ECC. The following article may explain why         http://theydiffer.com/difference-between-ecc-and-non-ecc-memory/ Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-RAM-Upgarde/td-p/5852130
Relevancy 48.59%

My notebook has intel Core i5 cpu and 6 GB ram. I want to upgarde it into Core i7 and 12 GB ram. How I can it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-and-RAM-upgarde/td-p/5818578
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP Z420 Workstation containing a Xeon E5 1620 processor and I wanted to swap it with a newer revision of the procerssor (E5 1620v4) in the near future. Is that possible?

A:HP Z420 CPU Upgarde

John, Don't buy anything yet.  What you can do will be based on whether you have a version 1 or a version 2 of that workstation.  There was a significant change between the two, and what processors you can upgrade to is based on that as a first step. Go into BIOS and look up the Boot Block Date, which is available under the first tab and let us know.  There are limitations on what processors you can use based on that and also what HP certified for the version you have.  Let us know.... Your current processor, the E5-1620, is a quad core running at 3.6 GHz and has 10 MB cache, and is rated to run at 130W max TDP.  It has a single sSpec code of SR0LC, which can be bought used off eBay for about $40.00 USD now.  You can do better than that, but there are limits... Scott

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-CPU-Upgarde/td-p/5851273
Relevancy 48.59%

i would like to know if i can upgrade the vista home basic to vista home premium in Lenovo 3000 Y300
944942O?? As i notice is has only 512MB of RAM, while premium require 1GB of RAM. Is it possible to run premium
on this system??

A:Vista Upgarde

Here's a link to the specs: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...quirements.mspxAnd here's a link to the Vista Upgrade Advisor - it'll tell you if you can do it: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...adeadvisor.mspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95501/vista-upgarde/
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently I Upgraded my system to Lenovo Thinkpad P50 to T420...I was Playing it with eGPU PE4L express card solution.Now I want to enable it with my new Child P50.Is that capable to find External GPU by egpu system?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/eGPU-with-P50/td-p/3342184
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, 
Are there any external graphic cards available for the XPS 15? Am looking to run Oculus Rift etc from my XPS 15.
Many thanks!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987606
Relevancy 48.16%

After unsuccessfully trying to installing windows 10,it was stuck on 46% for 17 hours.

I tried to reinstall my windows 7 Pro Disc,it wouldn’t boot and was not recognize the disc,l tried to load and boot an Linux Ubuntu & Mint via usb & disc,didn't work.

I tried an XP pro disc that l downloaded and burnt onto a CD,that loaded XP pro on my PC. Which seems to work apart from not been able to access the internet.

I'm thinking maybe l should wipe the hard-drive and try to  reinstall my windows 7.Good idea or bad idea ?

Please help.

A:After failed Win 10 upgarde can't PC will only boot XP

Did you try to re-install Windows 7 with the original installation DVD or did you try to re-install it with a Repair CD?

You can boot to a Linux CD and delete the partitions and then try to boot to the Windows 7 installation DVD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587488/after-failed-win-10-upgarde-cant-pc-will-only-boot-xp/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'm new round here but I've seen you are all very helpful so i hope you can help My Video card has gone up in smoke it's very hard too What upgarde too? card video my to even post this thread everything look's like an Andy Worhole picture so I'm assuming it broke and the computer is using some standard mother board graphic's I Obviously need too upgrade but i don't know how far i can go I was running an What too upgarde my video card too? Nvidea GS as far as i can tell it's a PCI e with a memory of Mb obvousily i don't want one worse then this I have heard my power supple might need upgrading for top line graphic's cards I also think that my Intel core due might stop me from getting the most out of a top line card The last thing too mention is while i'm not a gamer What too upgarde my video card too? it would be nice too play GTA or Duke nukem forever I'm more of an internet browser and have children Hope you can help

A:What too upgarde my video card too?

this might be just what you're looking for, it's a low end card but should be able to run off your Power supply, it uses hardly any power and has enough kick to play the games you want to play
GeForce GT 520 - Overview - GeForce

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/293017-what-too-upgarde-my-video-card-too.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm trying to upgrade to W8 and it tells me I need to manually uninstall ASUS AI Charger Plus. It's not in my programs list or anything and I used CCleaner to remove a Startup item for it. I have no idea how to get rid of it wherever it is.

I even tried reinstalling the AI Suite so I could then uninstall the Charger from that, but the install of the AI Suite doesn't work. It starts to up the install wizard for a brief second and then just closes. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to have to reinstall 7.

It shows up here in my notification settings but when I search for this "AiChargerAP.exe" I get no results.

Any idea how to remove this so I can install W8? Thank you!

A:Can't uninstall AiCharger+ to upgarde to W8

Hello,
Try downloading this patch for AI SuiteII, reinstall AI SuiteII, and then do a regular uninstall.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

For it to work I had to run the patch twice, followed by a reboot each time.
It worked for me.

The ASUS AI suite is more trouble than anything else. At the end I only kept fan expert and got rid of everything else.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

J

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/275954-cant-uninstall-aicharger-upgarde-w8.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Would someone at Dell be kind enough to clarify Compatibility and Certification for EGPU.
To clarify answer the following. 
Are the current XPS line EGPU certified (as the TB team have indicated here twitter.com/.../659058876550135808) and dell twitter.com/.../701171850538127365?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19979599
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Everyone Im new to the fourm and I have a lenovo y700 Gaming Laptop but I want Replace the gpu GTX 960m with the new GTX 10 series can I connect to it an eGpu I meand dose it support eGPU?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Adding-eGPU/td-p/3431880
Relevancy 47.73%

So I have a Aspire VN7-592G and wondering if when Thunderbolt 3 GPU enclosures come to market, will I be able to use them with my laptop? I'd assume it would work fine but am not sure if there's some obstacle in the way with these laptops or if it'd need a BIOS update to work. Any input is appreciated!

A:V15 Nitro TB3 eGPU possible?

Black Edition Nitro systems will offer full thunderbolt 3 support, which should support this. Models that are not black edition will use either  USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 (10 Gbps) while others only support Gen1 (5 Gbps) which would not provide this ability.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-Nitro-TB3-eGPU-possible/td-p/412512
Relevancy 47.73%

Is it possible to run eGPU via Express Card slot on T430? I know there were known issues with this particular model when it comes to external graphic cards. How is it nowadays? Did any of you try to run any kind of eGPU (like PE4L, PE4H or ViDock) on T430?

A:eGPU on T430

I'm wondering the same, have had a t430 for some time now, and I'd really want to get an eGPU instead of having to build anew a desktop machine from scratch. Please contribute.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/eGPU-on-T430/td-p/1475176
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys Just wondering if anyone has TB3 devices attached to their laptops (I do not have any TB3 devices to test) and can see if egpu support is possible using the following steps: Right-click on the Thunderbolt icon in your taskbar. When a Thunderbolt device is connected, this icon will appear automatically. If not, select the Start button and sroll through the program list to locate and open the Thunderbolt? Software first.In the context menu, select Settings and then go to Details....Look for "External GPUs supported" to see if the AKiTiO Node will work on your system (Yes) or not (No). https://www.akitio.com/information-center/node-gpu-compatibility Help would be greatly appreciated 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-VN7-592G-egpu/td-p/464852
Relevancy 47.73%

THE SUMMARY whats up guys so i have a dell studio Laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD v graphics GPU (eGPU) External card and im getting tired of not being able to play games on quality settings and good FPS External GPU (eGPU) so im going to start an eGPU build for my computer after i return some External GPU (eGPU) other failed attempts to upgrade my GPU ill have to work with so with this in mind i will be getting a PE L adapter kit and an ATI Desktop GPU together this totals for me shipped you can use other GPU's with a higher wattage PSU with that kit because it comes with the adapter for a PSU but the is good because it wont bottleneck my CPU and has good specs and low power consumption - v A W if using something other then a computer PSU for the power supply i will be using a IBM laptop charger PSU i will also need an external monitor so for now my p TV will work for this until i get a monitor quot - quot or or now my laptop has an express slot so the PE L adapter and kit will plug rite into that then the power supply into the adapter graphics card into adapter then all you have to do is plug in monitor turn on the eGPU boot up windows and then finally plug in adapter into computer windows install hardware automatically then you will have to install Graphics driver from the suppliers website then reboot if need be you may have to disable internal graphics in device manager from what ive researched this is what ive got out of it im hoping it will work but i honestly have no clue there's hundreds of threads and a few videos about eGPU's setups and they perform pretty darn well compared to integrated graphics but are limited on Express card and adapter speeds i will post pics and probs a vid as soon as i get it done etc but first i need to get my money back lol heres the video tutorial im following External Graphics Card - Add a eGPU video card to your laptop PE H PE L - YouTube heres another forum and thread about eGPU's DIY eGPU experiences DIY eGPU experiences version i found this thread more helpful because of the non-banded members and faster responses incase you were wondering the member quot nando quot is the quot main quot dude in charge of these eGPU's THE BUILD From here on out this guide is going to be my system spacific However the process should be similar The parts that im using PE L adapter ATI Radeon v A PSU MY ATI INSTALLATION make sure the little switch is set to channel plug the HDMI High Speed Cable into the very first slot on the far left of the adapter plug in the PSU and EC Adapter plug in the GPU dont force it download both your GPU drivers and your External GPU drivers but do not install them turn on the PSU for the eGPU shut down your laptop plug in your eGPU into EC slot boot up and let windows install drivers if done successfully in DM device manager it should say quot standard VGA graphics adapter quot or quot NAME OF YOUR CARD quot You quot should be done at this point but if you want to install the latest drivers keep reading if you get a BSOD when windows boots up shut down disconnect and reboot then go into DM and disable your internal graphics shut down plug in eGPU and reboot if still BSOD try a different BIOS version reboot extract the eGPU drivers from your previous download and install to C drive go into DM and right click on eGPU click update drivers gt browse gt C quot name of folder quot gt and click update reboot you should be good to go at this point Your desktop should now be displayed on your tv or monitor if still not displayed keep following along this is what worked for my computer go into DM and uninstall all graphics adapters reboot go into DM and check to see if both drivers are installed correctly and no errors reboot if graphics are displayed on the TV or Monitor then your good to go if not then keep following go to your graphics provider website and download their automatic graphics driver detecting uninstall ALL AMD nvidia software in control panel reboot run the auto... Read more

A:External GPU (eGPU)

If someone can get me.the voltage and and amps specs on the 6670, that would be awesome! Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/279406-external-gpu-egpu.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an old HP Pavilion TS n030so. Is it possible to increase the performance? And if, how?Is it possible to connect an external GPU to the laptop?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/eGPU-for-old-HP-Pavillion-TS-n030so/td-p/5849598
Relevancy 46.87%

Was having error quot GPU kernel stopped working successful recovery quot As per recommendation I carried upgrade of Nvidia drivers on my Geforce TI W bit NVIDIA wizard interrogated selected right driver and I downloaded Did a clean install it started - then screen went Black PC running just nothing on screen not crashing - restarted in safe mode and installed again had successful upgrade message PC boots up and key items seem to be working but several apps incl Geoforce NVIDIA driver now out Blacks Screen - upgarde s own as soon as I click to run screen goes back again no crash just NVIDIA driver upgarde - Screen now Blacks out nothing output to monitor Other upgrades I wanted to apply ASUS MB chipset etc I can t as soon as NVIDIA driver upgarde - Screen now Blacks out I start the exe the screen goes black so I can t see options to select etc NVIDIA driver upgarde - Screen now Blacks out Carried out a driver clean with cleansweep then a normal install of driver package again Installed OK better than last time and asked to reboot - st reboot BIOS then windows splash then Black screen Rebooted again - this time got to logon OK then as soon as I tried to delete upgrade folder off my desktop Black screen Rebooted again - in safe mode after completion - shut down and reboot normally - this time up amp OK but concerned something still not right Dev Mngr does say is the driver ver Although browser and email working - install puts shortcut on desktop to its quot Geforce experience quot click on that screen goes Black as before PC does not crash pretty sure all still working but nothing output on screen if I click off button it shuts down correctly Display is at correct rez x nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I am new to this forum and am looking for some advice and assistance Dell Graphics Upgarde 490 Precision Card I have a number of Dell Precision workstations that have served me well for architectural CAD over many years They are reasonably well configured with dual Xeon CPUs cores in total Gb of RAM and Nvidia Quadro FX graphics cards Windows Pro bit These computers are now starting run a bit slow with Dell Precision 490 Graphics Card Upgarde D mainly Trimble SketchUp and I would like to update their graphics cards so as to get a couple more years of service out of them I would Dell Precision 490 Graphics Card Upgarde prefer to upgrade using Nvidia GeForce or AMD Radeon cards rather than their workstation equivalents due to cost and my past experience being that Nvidia Quadro cards do not sem to perform any faster than their GeForce mainstream cards I would like to limit the cost to about to per graphics card I am hoping to get some feedback from members who have successfully or otherwise installed newer graphics cards in Dell Precision workstations I was hoping to be able to upgrade to something equal in performance to either a GeForce GTX or a Radeon R From my reading I understand that there may be some compatibility problems between the PCIe bus that is provided with the Intel x chipset on the Dell Precision and the newer graphics cards which all seem to be PCIe I would be willing to use older PCIe graphics cards if someone has had success with these Many thanks to all the members who read this posting and especially to those who are able to offer some advice and assistance

A:Dell Precision 490 Graphics Card Upgarde

Hello, 
Below are the ATI and NVIDIA cards which are compatible with your system.
nVidia Quadro FX 3500, 256MB, Dual DVI Out, PCIe x16, MRGA13  
ATI FireGL V7200, 256MB, Dual DVI, MRGA13B
ATI FireGL V3400, 128MB, Dual DVI, ELGA10b 
nVidia Quadro FX3450, 256MB, Dual DVI Outs, MRGA12
nVidia, Quadro NVS 285, 128MB, DMS-59, ULGA7
nVidia Quadro FX550, 128MB, Dual DVI, ELGA10 
nVidia Quadro FX 4500, 512MB, Stereo Connector & Dual DVI Outs, HEGA14, 2
Regards
Hema

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19635981
Relevancy 46.87%

Was having error "GPU kernel stopped working, successful recovery" As per recommendation I carried upgrade of Nvidia drivers on my Geforce 560TI. (W7 64 bit)
NVIDIA auto selected right driver and I downloaded 331.65

Did a clean install ... it started - then screen went Black ... PC running, just nothing on screen, not crashing - restarted in safe mode and installed again, had successful upgrade message.

PC boots up and key items seem to be working .... but several apps (incl GeoForce own) as soon as I click to run screen goes back ... again no crash just nothing output to monitor.
I went to Device driver to try roll back .... but option is blanked out.

Other upgrades I wanted to apply (ASUS MB chipset etc) I can't as, soon as I start the .exe the screen goes black, so I can't see options to select, etc.

Help ...

A:NVIDIA driver upgarde - Screen now Blacks out

Further update ...
Carried out a driver clean with 'cleansweep' then a normal install of driver package again.
Installed OK (better than last time) ... and asked to reboot -
1st reboot ... BIOS, then windows splash, then Black screen

Rebooted again - this time got to logon OK ... then as soon as I tried to delete upgrade folder off my desktop ... Black screen

Rebooted again - in safe mode, after completion - shut down, and reboot normally - this time up & OK .... but concerned something still not right. Dev Mngr does say 3165 is the driver ver.

Although browser and email working ....- install puts shortcut on desktop to its "Geforce experience" ... click on that ... screen goes Black .... as before does not crash, but nothing output on screen .... if I click off button, it shuts down correctly.

Display is at correct rez 1680 x 1050

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309887-nvidia-driver-upgarde-screen-now-blacks-out.html
Relevancy 46.87%

During the install process I am receiving a couple of different errors.

1st - When it is backing up registry files, it was not able to back-up the registry key or the registry value for HKCR/.DVR-MS (5: Access is denied). I had the option to ignore and chose it. It was then able to complete the registry back-up and create a restore point.

2nd - It goes through the installation of the files and was over half-way completed when the setup wizard closed and gave me a SP2 Setup Error message (Access is denied). The program then deleted all of the installed files and reloaded the back-up files.

I went to msconfig / restart and disabled many of the startup programs and even installed pc bug fix but nothing had helped

Any ideas?

Relevancy 46.44%

I've recently been looking into buying an eGPU Enclosure such as the AKiTiO Node or the Razer Core. I've updated all the firmware and now I am running Thunderbolt Software Version 16.1.47.275. The Node and Core both specify that the computer needs to both have Thunderbolt 3 (which I have) and be compatible with external graphics. What does this mean? I have Thunderbolt 3, so wouldn't it be theoretically possible to run external graphics provided the firmware was up to date?
So in summary, my main question is this: Will/can the Dell XPS 13 9350 be able to use eGPU enclosures over Thunderbolt 3 now (or in the future if there is firmware updates being planned)?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19997395
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi! I just want to ask you guys if eGPU is possible with my Laptop Acer Aspire V15 592g. I want to hookup higher GPU. Any tips or idea you can share with me???

A:Acer Aspire v15 -592G - eGPU

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-VN7-592G-egpu/td-p/464852

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-v15-592G-eGPU/td-p/466918
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys nbsp I have a ThinkPad x CN with an i m and GB of RAM initially installed due - TOLUD ThinkPad eGPU Can't x230 3,5G... to run > installed by myself - both of same label My BIOS Version is nbsp I have the ThinkPad x230 - Can't run eGPU due to TOLUD > 3,5G... problem that I can't run my Gigabyte GTX TI which I connected through Pe L v b to the expresscard-slot of my TP ThinkPad x230 - Can't run eGPU due to TOLUD > 3,5G... I already tried several things such as changing the pins on the Pe l in every way I tried to DSDT-Override my system which turned out to have destroyed my whole system so I had to do a new setup of Windows nbsp Can anyone help me out whit this issue There have been several identical issues that could be fixed with a former BIOS Update already in but apparently my system won't do it with this update I refer to this thread https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops X -expresscard-adressing-eGPU td-p nbsp I hope you guys can help me out or give me a hint what I could try more I won't like to damage my system one more time with the DSDT so I hope there maybe is another option nbsp Screenshot of my Device-Manager nbsp Thanks in advance Manuel

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-x230-Can-t-run-eGPU-due-to-TOLUD-gt-3-5GB/td-p/3339925
Relevancy 46.44%

The computer is stock so far.

A:is there someway to attacth an eGPU to my 17-j186nr?

You can do it by removing the bottom plate and putting the eGPU in the wireless slot but I strongly advise against it. The wireless slot is the equivalent of a pci-e x1 slot on a desktop motherboard. Video cards are designed to run through an x8 or x16 port so running an eGPU through the wireless port is like trying to cram the traffic on an 8 lane interstate highway into a dirt road. Some of the cars will get through but it is not an ideal situation and very likely to damage your laptop. These devices are pure hokum and merely proof of concept. Gullible people are buying them, however. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-there-someway-to-attacth-an-eGPU-to-my-17-j186nr/td-p/5601183
Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings nbsp I've recently purchased the V Nitro Black from - Aspire Black V17 Nitro eGPU Costco nbsp http www costco com Acer-V -Nitro-Laptop---Intel-Core-i --- GB-Graphics--- k-Ultra-HD product nbsp I Aspire V17 Nitro Black - eGPU couldn't find the model number listed there and it's still in the mail so that is the link to the product I'm sure the technicians here are familiar with it nbsp I've read that because it is a Black Edition that is equipped with a Thunderbolt port it should fully support universal eGPU solutions designed to work with Thunderbolt nbsp However I have also read that eGPU over Thunderbolt may in general require special BIOS support that is not necessarily inherent in a laptop with a Thunderbolt port nbsp As a result I'm asking any knowledgeable members here as well as the technicians does this laptop support an eGPU connection I'm not trying to ask some kind of legally binding gotcha question - I understand that these are muddy waters and that Acer may not have conducted in-house testing on this All I'm asking is what are the best guesses as to whether or not this would work based on what we currently know nbsp This laptop is especially interesting from an eGPU perspective because it is one of the few k screens nbsp which would benefit greatly from an eGPU that has a Thunderbolt port and is affordable - so I know I can't be the only one wondering this nbsp The laptop's only real weaknesses are its optical drive nbsp premium laptops still coming out with DVD-RW when blu-ray has been out for years and years and its port configuration mouse-hand ports and offhand optical drive - should be the reverse Other than that it's an excellent deal and could offer true future-proofing on a budget nbsp I appreciate any feedback and thank you for your time

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V17-Nitro-Black-eGPU/td-p/466756
Relevancy 46.44%

Are there plans to make the Precision 7510 thunderbolt III port to allow an external GPU (eGPU)? According to the eGPU enclosure I want to buy it requires this details page should say "Yes" under External GPU Support. I believe I have the most up to date BIOS and thunderbolt III firmware.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19996486
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys due - x230 run Can't TOLUD to ThinkPad 3,5G... > eGPU nbsp I have a ThinkPad x CN with an i m and GB of RAM initially installed installed by myself - both of same label My BIOS Version is nbsp I have the problem that I can't run my Gigabyte GTX TI which I connected through Pe L v b to the expresscard-slot of my TP I already tried several things such as changing the pins on ThinkPad x230 - Can't run eGPU due to TOLUD > 3,5G... the Pe l in every way I tried to DSDT-Override my system which turned out to have destroyed my whole system so I had to do a new setup of Windows nbsp Can anyone help me out whit this issue There have been several identical issues that could be fixed with a former BIOS Update already in but apparently my system won't do it with this update I refer to this thread https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops X -expresscard-adressing-eGPU td-p nbsp I hope you guys can help me out or give me a hint what I could try more I won't like to damage my system one more time with the DSDT so I hope there maybe is another option nbsp Screenshot of my Device-Manager nbsp Thanks in advance Manuel

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/ThinkPad-x230-Can-t-run-eGPU-due-to-TOLUD-gt-3-5GB/td-p/3339925
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys nbsp I have a ThinkPad x CN with an i m and GB of RAM initially installed installed by myself - both of same label My BIOS Version is nbsp I have the problem that I can't run my Gigabyte GTX TI which I connected through Pe L v b to the expresscard-slot of my TP I already tried several things such as changing the pins on the Pe TOLUD > x230 to 3,25... run - ThinkPad eGPU Can't due l in every way I tried to ThinkPad x230 - Can't run eGPU due to TOLUD > 3,25... DSDT-Override my system which turned out to have destroyed my whole system so I had to do a new setup of Windows nbsp Can anyone ThinkPad x230 - Can't run eGPU due to TOLUD > 3,25... help me out whit this issue There have been several identical issues that could be fixed with a former BIOS Update already in but apparently my system won't do it with this update I refer to this thread https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops X -expresscard-adressing-eGPU td-p nbsp I hope you guys can help me out or give me a hint what I could try more I won't like to damage my system one more time with the DSDT so I hope there ThinkPad x230 - Can't run eGPU due to TOLUD > 3,25... maybe is another option nbsp Screenshot of my Device-Manager nbsp Thanks in advance Manuel

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-x230-Can-t-run-eGPU-due-to-TOLUD-gt-3-25GB/td-p/3339925
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I'm going to buy a new netbook/small laptop because my Acer Aspire One A150 is becoming really slow, and I can't play any decent game with the single-core Atom N270 and the GMA 945 iGPU.

I need a netbook which will run games like CoD Black Ops II smoothly. I don't care about screen resolution (it could be very low, for example 1024x600), I only need a small netbook or notebook capable of run 3D modern games.

Any suggestion?
If it's possible, It would be fine for me to run an eGPU (external graphics card) with a netbook...

A:new gaming netbook (with eGPU) suggestions

Combining an underpowered notebook with a decent external GPU will only yield in poor performance, not to mention the bottleneck caused by a slower notebook CPU. That would be a total waste of performance and money, keep in mind that the GPU isn't the sole factor to be considered in gaming. Moreover I doubt that you'll ever find a small notebook with an unoccupied mPCIe slot.

Honestly speaking you'll be better off with a midrange laptop sporting dedicated graphics from AMD or Nvidia. Some of those Dell Inspiron 15 series feature the 7730/7670M which is good enough if you're looking into casual gaming at decent levels.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/300977-new-gaming-netbook-egpu-suggestions.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Can I add an external graphics card to my hp x360 Spectre since I have a thunderbolt connection?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-x360-Spectre-4102-dx-eGPU/td-p/5849501
Relevancy 46.44%

您好:
我是VISTA旗舰版的用户.最近发现window update不能用.
更新时,提示错误代码为ox80070bc9,请问该如何解决该问题?

PS.现在任何更新都不能完成.包括我从网上下载的补丁安装包,经手动安装也是失败.
我估计是注册表中丢失了哪个文件..
我曾用vista优化大师清理注册表..
我已试了由微软工程师提供给我的方法,,但还是失败....
不能安装WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86,显示错误代码也是0x80070bc9..
请问是什么原因?在不系统重装的情提下,如何修复?
谢谢

hu

A:vista windows upgarde fail erro code0x80070bc9

This message is written in Chinese-Simplified. Here's the question in English... at least as close as I could translate it.

Quote:

Hello: I am the VISTA flagship version's user. Recently discovered that window update cannot use. When renewal, prompts the error code is ox80070bc9, ask how should solve this problem?

PS. any renewal cannot complete now. Including me from on-line downloading patch peaceful packaging, is also is defeated after the manual installment. Which document did I estimate am in the registry lost. I once used vista to optimize master to clean up the registry. I have tried to provide by Microsoft engineer to mine method, but is defeated…. Cannot install WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86, the demonstration error code is also 0x80070bc9. Ask that is what reason? Does not raise in the system rewiring's sentiment, how to repair?

Thanks hu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-windows-upgarde-fail-erro-code0x80070bc9-392457.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all I recently upgraded to Windows Ultimate bit and have since found that hyperlinks in Outlook and Word documents do not work After reading about the same problem on other forums including Outlook users nobody seems to have found a solution that has worked yet hopefully Links working MS not Outlook 7 emails in to upgarde since Windows The message that pops up Links not working in MS Outlook emails since upgarde to Windows 7 when clicking on hyperlinks is as follows This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator A Microsoft support member on one forum posted this as the reply Have you tried using Set Default Programs for Internet Explorer within the Control Panel If not please follow the steps below in order to do so Click the Start Pearl and select Control Links not working in MS Outlook emails since upgarde to Windows 7 Panel Within Control Panel click Programs Underneath Default Programs select Set your default programs In the Programs list highlight Internet Explorer and click Set this program as default Click OK This should set Internet Explorer to open as the default for opening hyperlinks Apparently this helped some people but not me It seems this is quite a common problem so I hope someone has the answer to solve it Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Cheers MelbMuso nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Okay So I will lay this out as best as I can Side note This laptop was not my choice it was given to me by my university to keep nbsp System Model HP ZBook G Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard M Ver SMBIOS Version RAM GB iGPU AMD Firepro M PSU Watt Generic Power SupplyTo make the best of it I wanted to use the graphics card I already own which is a GTX So (Possibly BIOS related) issue eGPU in order to do this I got an V eGPU issue (Possibly BIOS related) EXP GDC external video card dock Expresscard Version The dock when used makes the computer act as if it has a x PCI eGPU issue (Possibly BIOS related) slot I will use short hand terms just to make this shorter but just to note the computer was always off before the card was inserted I never tried to hot plug the card because it's dangerous to do so with the dock nbsp The dock and GTX this resulted in the computer acting like the card doesn't exist and booting as so Kind of like a desktop computer with an old bios So the card is NOT labeled anywhere in the system including Device Manager msinfo exe and a few external programs nbsp Desktop Computer and GTX the card worked as expected and installed all drivers after a fresh install of Windows nbsp The dock and GTX the card worked as expected on boot up windows detected the device and proceeded to install the drivers nbsp The dock and GTX on a different laptop On availible videos Herethe computer was booted into the bios and set Graphics Device to UMA Graphics after save and restart the card worked as expected on boot up windows detected the device and proceeded to install the drivers nbsp Due to all the searching and testing I've done I've come to believe that the BIOS that HP has provided doesn't have the updates required to run a modern graphics card due to laptops not running modern desktop GPUs I have come here for someone who may know more about the availible BIOS to confirm or deny this If it is the fault of the BIOS is there a way to fix this issue or if not what should be the latest GPU that their BIOS can run

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/eGPU-issue-Possibly-BIOS-related/td-p/5636695
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I was wondering if i'm able to upgrade my laptop's gaming experience. So i did a bit of research and found out about eGpu's. I read somewehere that it could help, but elsewehere i read that things like this are just myths. So can anybody help me on this? I have little to no knowledge about graphic cards in general, so i have to do some more research about it myself. Money is not really a problem, but i like to avoid spending huge amounts for this.  Thanks in advance.

A:HP Notebook - 15-af122nd (ENERGY STAR) EGPU

Donson wrote:Hello... So i did a bit of research and found out about eGpu's. I read somewehere that it could help, but elsewehere i read that things like this are just myths. ...Hi, That is true in one way. Why spending money to buy a PORTABLE laprop then put it with a eGPU when only need around that amount of money to buy a better desktop. For eGPU, please look at this:     http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-p... My suggestion: please stop thinking about upgrading GPU for normal laptops. We can only upgrade GPU on SOME, not all, workstation class laptops and they cost up to 5 times our normal laptop. If money is not a concern, buy a REAL games laptop could be simpler and nicer. HP has some Omen machines (not Pavilion gaming machine), other vendors also have some. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Notebook-15-af122nd-ENERGY-STAR-EGPU/td-p/5707283
Relevancy 46.01%

I've tried to update to the latest release and it appears to download the software. It then confirms that my machine will run the new version. When it tries to install it gets the 0x80070057 message and stops. I've tried several times.

A:getting error code 0x80070057 after downloading the latest Windows 10 pro upgarde

I have received the same error myself. Tries to install gets to about 3% then error.
Michael

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434164-getting-error-code-0x80070057-after-downloading-latest-windows-10-pro-upgarde.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.86%

So Lenovo connection problem thinkpad I have a connection problem with my lenovo thinkpad t p computer It is not our wireless connection as far as I know because other computers connections are fine when connected to our wireless connection My problem is when i download files or open up certain online pages It will only load up a partial amount of the file then stop If i were to leave it wouldn t download even after many hours But if I open up a new web page then the download will continue It will then stop soon after again How do i fix this It is frustrating to open a webpage times for a file to download completely Optional Information Computer OS Windows Vista Browser IE Already Tried I have gone to Lenovo thinkpad connection problem network connections I have updated my drivers I have done a system restore and i have also typed in a short hand response to my prblem but saw no answers online nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-connection-problem.871178/
Relevancy 43.86%

my Lenovo X1 Carbon lost Wifi connection and no wireless adapter is showing up in deviec manager or under network adapters. running windows 10. How do it get back to wifi?

A:Lenovo X1 carbon Wifi connection gone

Download and Reinstall the drivers from here:   WLAN Windows 10 64 Bit DriverWLAN Windows 10 32 Bit Driver: To determine which version of Windows 10 you have:Click "Start" > type in "Machine Name" a dialog box will pop up and under System Type will tell you whether you have 32 bit or 64 bit edition of Windows installed. Good luck.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-X1-carbon-Wifi-connection-gone/td-p/3301557
Relevancy 43.86%

oh my, you guys arent going to believe this... I burned 7048 to a dvd disk, went out and bought an external CD drive, did a clean install of 7048 on my laptop... and NOTHING. Still doesn't detect the wireless.... This is awful...

... are there wireless driver packs I could download or anything and transfer them over to my lenovo? :'(

Update

okay, i did the troubleshooting, and it says

"PCI serial port is not installed. install the latest driver for this device."

.... how do I do this??

A:Lenovo Wireless connection issues

Thank you for making this, Barman58....

To give an update, the following are shown as problems:

- PCI Serial Port doesnt have a driver
- PCI Communications Controller doesnt have a driver
- unknown device doesnt have a driver (the location for this is on Microsoft ACPI- Compilant Emedded Controller)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/5724-lenovo-wireless-connection-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello
I have some problems with my Lenovo Z51. It not recognize none of external connections on right side, made in jack, slot card and USB. I reinstalled all drivers but the problem is not solved. OS Windows 8.1. Please help me to solve this problem.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Z51 - I/O Board connection problem

Hi AuraFelicia , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The location affecting only the right side with Audio port, USB port and media card reader all affected at the same time would indicate probable failure on the IO board (page 52) specially if the ports on the other side are ok.

Reseating the cable and the IO board may help but try to reload the defaults of the BIOS first. 
Turn off the laptop and use the novo button (item 2 page 82) to power on , Choose BIOS setup from the Novo Menu and go to the exit tab and load the defaults , save and exit. 

Herewith is the service training for reseating (remove and re plug in to ensure no cables loose and connections are good) IO removal if you have the tools and skills . Otherwise try to call in technical support or your local service center for assistance. 

Hope this help answer your query. 

Regards

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z51-I-O-Board-connection-problem/td-p/3439795
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Since I upgraded to Windows about three weeks ago I'm having a serious Wifi issue The download speed dropped from Mb s to less than Mb s and my upload speed pretty much did the same When AIO Slow C40-05] [Lenovo Wireless Connection Very running Windows' troubleshooter for my Wifi connectivity it says quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource DNS server is not responding quot I then did the ipconfig things like ipconfig flushdns and ipconfig registerdns in the command prompt with admin rights I gained like half a mb s I launched a namebench scan to see which DNs servers work best for me After three hours I finally got the adresses and selected them as default DNS adresses in ITP preferences I gained mb s for about minutes then it was gone I reset my router nothing I ran an update scan for all my drivers took me a long time and still my problem wasn't fixed I can't load even the most basic games or download movies this is seriously getting on my nerves My computer is a Lenovo AIO C Series - I Very Slow Wireless Connection [Lenovo AIO C40-05] bought it about three months ago Anybody can help me Please Thank you in advance - ChronoTheCode

A:Very Slow Wireless Connection [Lenovo AIO C40-05]

hey, i have same problem on dell n5110. at the time of download from this laptop i can't even send a message on whatsapp or load a webpage. i update network driver but it didn't help. did you find the solution?

Originally Posted by ChronoTheCode

Hello!

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, about three weeks ago, I'm having a serious Wifi issue. The download speed dropped from 20Mb/s to less than 1Mb/s, and my upload speed pretty much did the same.

When running Windows' troubleshooter for my Wifi connectivity, it says: "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding."

I then did the ipconfig things, like ipconfig flushdns and ipconfig registerdns in the command prompt (with admin rights): I gained like half a mb/s. I launched a namebench scan to see which DNs servers work best for me. After three hours, I finally got the adresses and selected them as default DNS adresses in ITP4 preferences. I gained 5mb/s for about 2 minutes, then it was gone. I reset my router: nothing. I ran an update scan for all my drivers (took me a long time), and still, my problem wasn't fixed. I can't load even the most basic games or download movies, this is seriously getting on my nerves.

My computer is a Lenovo AIO C Series 40-05, I bought it about three months ago.
Anybody can help me? Please?

Thank you in advance,
- ChronoTheCode

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/19506-very-slow-wireless-connection-lenovo-aio-c40-05-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, Trying to get Bitlocker working on a t410. The bios is enabled for TPM and the drivers are installed. When trying to enable Bitlocker i'm getting a message saying: A TPM module must be present on this computer but a TPM module was not found. Any ideas? Thanks,Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Bitlocker-issues/td-p/3465935
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Iam new here my wifi card broke and I want to replace it!.Original card is Intel centrino advanced - n - 6200 FRU 60Y2331.Can I replace whit this one T410s wifi card Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And what equalizer would you recommend to make sound better. Thank you!All The Best,Janar

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-WIFI-card/td-p/3382868
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had to reload W7 and cannot find drivers on the driver page for these:? Any help appreciatted!Device manager?

A:T410 driver issue

Welcome to the forum!

Install and run Lenovo System Update, it should take care of the missing drivers: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-driver-issue/td-p/3477243
Relevancy 43.43%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 43.43%

On T410 upgraded Windows 10 32bit op sys to 64 bit and Epson projector no longer works.   Worked flawlessly and effortlessly prior to upgrade to 64 bit.  Help? thankshal mann

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-64-bit-projector/td-p/3464149
Relevancy 43.43%

Without any indication of slow computer etc.. suddenly a very short blue screen then unable to boot from any device.

I had changed to a new SSD just 8 months back.

I need help with this otherwise nice Laptop.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624367/my-t410-with-ssd-is-not-booting-from-any-device/
Relevancy 43.43%

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a T410 that's from 2010 with the i5 520m cpu. I bought it used recently and I don't think the bios has ever been upgraded. When I follow the regular instructions of entering BIOS --> Config --> CPU, I saw a menu of four choices. The bottom two wereIntel(R) Virtualization Technology [DISABLED]Intel(R) VT-d Feature [DISABLED]I tried to change them, but strangely the menu only let me navigate through the first two choices (I can't recall them exactly now but they didn't seem to have anything to do with virtualization), nothing seemed to allow me to access the bottom two choices...  How should I go about fixing this properly?  I want to be very careful with upgrading/flashing BIOS as I really don't want to end up with a brick Thanks

A:Enabling Intel VT-x in a T410

Look for your BIOS Version and post it(You can find it on the start page of your BIOS)VT-x is supported by your CPU, but maybe there are conflicting settings..Maybe you really have to update the BIOS but that shouldn't be a real problem...Use a disk image, hook your thinkpad to the power and let it be for 20 minutes or so... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enabling-Intel-VT-x-in-a-T410/td-p/1851016
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi

I have a Lenovo G50-30 and have noticed a few times that when I run the hardware scan, the only item that doesn't pass is the local area connection, which gives a warning result. The overall scan passes, but I would like to know what this means and if it can be fixed? Any help would be gratefully received.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:G50-30 - Lenovo Solution Center: Local connection...

Hi dreifuss , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

After running the Wireless LAN hardware scan test, some warnings may appear in the results for the ?local connection test? and the ?internet connection test? in Lenovo Solution Center (LSC).

These warnings appear due to the state of the network your PC is connected to and not the state of the wireless LAN hardware in the PC.  For example, the user may not be connected to a wireless LAN network or the wireless LAN network may not have access to the internet.
These warning messages do not indicate a hardware issue.  No hardware should be replaced as a result of these warnings.

Hope this help answer your query. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-30-Lenovo-Solution-Center-Local-connection-test-Warning/td-p/3422267
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 43%

A friend dropped off a T410 system. Windows is flakey and locks up after about 5 minutes. Ran the HD test program in the BIOS. It finished but gave me a bunch of 0000 Read verification errors though the controller tested fine. What I'd like to do is format the Windows partition and re-install. But I don't have Windows disks (there is a COA sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium 64). Can I build a set of recovery disks from this system? Even if Windows won't run? Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Refurbished-T410-Windows-flakey/td-p/3379948
Relevancy 43%

Hello nbsp since beginning of the year I have started to have connection problems to any wireless network All of a sudden the laptop no more connects to any wireless network home school phone hotspot and always shows an error Cannot connect to this network It worked before but aftero some unknown update the connection cannot be established anymore nbsp The issue was present on Win system but even after upgrading to Win it still doesnt work Latest system and Lenovo companion updates were installed I have also tested multiple WAN drivers current one is - Intel Centrino Advanced N I have tested live Fedora DVD and it connected to any wireless network just fine - the problem have to be somewhere in the Windows OS nbsp Troubleshooting via Windows tools didnt help at all also running system check via Lenovo Solution Center didnt return any result In Windows system setup is the adapter set to NOT safe power when on battery nbsp Any help will be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Here are some things to try Check for Unknown Devices in Device Manager Right click on start and select Device ManagerDouble left click on section titled "Unknown Devices" if listedReport back any Unknown Devices which are listed Turn off any firewalls you might have with your AV, or the Windows Firewall (just for testing) Right Click on Start, and select Control PanelOpen Windows Firewall control panelChoose option "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"Test your Wifi Reset Windows Network settings Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commandsType:  netsh winsock reset  and press EnterType:  netsh int ip reset  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /release  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /renew  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /flushdns  and press EnterReboot and test your WiFi connection  Uninstall WiFi Adapter/driver and install fresh driver  Connect to internet using wired Ethernet LAN Uninstall the Wireless adapter from Device ManagerRight click on start and select Device ManagerDouble Left click on Network AdaptersLocate your WiFi Adapter and select Uninstall (make sure to select the option to "Delete driver software for this device"Once complete, right click on Network Adapters from within Device Manager and select "Scan for Hardware Changes"Windows should redetect your adapter and download the correct driver. Create Diagnostic reports Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commands ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt netsh wlan show all >c:\wlan.txt Two text files (ipconfig.txt and wlan.txt) will be created on the root of your harddrive or C:\.    Please locate and attach to a reply using the Choose File option. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Cant-connect-to-any-wireless-network-T410-Win-10/td-p/3300169
Relevancy 43%

There are ultra bay adapters for the T410, as well as many other T-series laptops so you can install a 2nd hard drive in place of the CD or DVD drive.  I have the adapter and drive but for some reason the computer doesn't recognize the drive in the bay.  You can hear the drive attempt to power on and spin but after it boots there isn't any sign of the drive.  Are there some steps I'm missing, something I need to change?   I just updated to a 240GB SSD, so the 2nd drive is the OEM 250GB HDD it does still have the OS installed, which would be wiped if I could just get the drive to load so I could format it and use it as a storage drive.  I'm running Windows 10 64bit.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultra-Bay-For-2nd-Hard-Drive/td-p/3334989
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

I recently bought an ultrabay adapter off ebay that was compatible with the T T S nbsp The Lenovo part would be nbsp HDD T410 Ultrabay Question SOLVED! - ThinkPad Serial Hard Drive Bay Adapter III P N nbsp N nbsp I took out the original GB HDD and put an Intel X -V in the main HD bay nbsp T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED! Then I put the original drive in the Ultrabay Adapter nbsp When I power up the machine the Ultrabay drive spins up for a second and the light on the adapter comes on and then the drive turns off nbsp The Ultrabay drive is not found by the BIOS I have - installed nbsp I called Lenovo tech support and was told that there is no Ultrabay adapter for the T and the website confirms this when I search for storage adapter accessories for it nbsp Is there some way to get a second HDD to work in the Ultrabay nbsp EDIT The solution Thanks to Dd nbsp To enable the DVD automatic power off feature open the Advanced view in Power Manager go to the Power Plan tab and expand the System Settings dropdown Now set nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp to nbsp Enabled nbsp on AC and battery You'll be able to see and set this setting nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp only if your DVD drive is inside of your ultrabay After being idle for or minutes your DVD drive will be powered off Then this new icon Other E Powered Off will appear in My Computer nbsp nbsp Make a shortcut of that icon on your desktop nbsp because after you remove your DVD drive this icon will disappear from My Computer Remove the DVD drive place your ultrabay hdd adapter double click that shorcut which you placed on the desktop and it will power on your ultrabay As I said in my previous post after you restart Winodws you'll have to double click that shortcut again to power on the ultrabay nbsp You can just go to Safely Remove Drive to power it down when you're not using it Solved Go to Solution

A:T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED!

you got a knock off or the real one? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultrabay-HDD-Question-SOLVED/td-p/236873
Relevancy 43%

Hi, My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button. It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again. I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail. Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend 20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay. Thanks, Terry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-on-issues-strange-one/td-p/3438428
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be).  My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU.  Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

A:Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 43%

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
Thanks
Paul