Windows Support Forum

HP Envy Phoenix a nighmare?

Q: HP Envy Phoenix a nighmare?

Unboxed it. Plugged everything in. Turned it on. The machine crashed several times within a few minutes. Take your pick from "System Thread Exception", "System Service Exception", "Kernel security check failure", "DPC Watchdog Violation", "Kmode exception not handled" and "Windows hasn't loaded correctly". It must have crashed 30 times within the first hour. I reinstalled Windows from the machine and... it all happened all over again. Clearly no one in the factory quality controlled this machine. Shameful from a brand like HP. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-Phoenix-a-nighmare/td-p/5750611
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Envy Phoenix a nighmare?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 27.09%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

A:HP envy 1038-nr

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-1038-nr.194074/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

A:How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-phoenix-award-bios-v6-00pg.143414/
Relevancy 37.84%

I need to update the bios on my pcg-c1vp sony vaio netbook"PheonixPhlash Error File open failed on PLATFORM.BIN press any key to exit". The bios is the one that the sony vaio website links to "Phlash5.zip" containing "Phlash5.exe".

Maybe i need to run it outside of windows, but im updating the bios because it won't recognize any external boot formats. Its running windows xp pro at the moment and that is the only capacity that it will boot in.

A:Phoenix bios flash failure

Sony should have Bios Flashing instructions on their support website. Find them! Most of the time bios are flashed outside of Windows using a bootable floppy or CD/DVD disc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-flash-failure.129716/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok so i got this hp pavilion ze5800, pretty good machine and i dont know what the bios password is, bios manufactured by phoenix i do know that much, can anyone tell me a way to retrieve the password or bypass it?

A:phoenix bios password hack or bypass or software to find it HELP!!

There is probably no easy way.

The passwords on laptops are designed to not be easily bypassed or reset.

I would take it back to the place you bought it and get your money back.

Wearing some oven gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password-hack-or-bypass-or-software-to-find-it-help.46323/
Relevancy 38.27%

I using laptop Compaq v3203TU and windows Vista. Then i update my bios using file i download from hp website.. This file "WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS (for Notebooks with IntelProcessors) - Microsoft Windows/Vista-Based". But after i update then when restart it show this in screen "BOOTMGR is compressed. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to restart.. Then i go to bios, it want me to enter the password.. Who know the password? Or anything that i can solve this problem.. Please help..

A:Phoenix Bios Password

Compaq tech support is very helpful. I assume you are still under warranty if you are using VISTA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password.85359/
Relevancy 38.27%

i believe my bios chip is faulty, it has intermittent problems when it boots. and even if i change the bios setting it is not stored it goes back to the default settings. i have replace the battery already and no change i have even try resetting the bios. and i have problems obtaining a chip

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-d686.80963/
Relevancy 37.84%

HI FOLKS, I HAVE PROBLEM THAT AS OF YET I AM UNABLE TO SOLVE. I AM UNABLE TO GET IN TO THE SETUP MODE ON MY CLEVO LAPTOP TO ENABLE ME TO FORMAT THE DRIVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS XP PRO. I PRESS F2 IT THEN GOES INTO THE BIOS SETUP UTILITY, AND TELLS ME TO ENTER THE PASSWORD, THAT I DO NOT KNOW, IS THERE ANY WAY TO DISABLE THIS PASSWORD SO I CAN GET IN TO SETUP MODE. I WANT TO UNINSTALL WINDOWS XP, AND THEN REINSTALL. I HAVE 2 DRIVES ON MY LAPTOP,D WHICH HAS 2GB AND C WHICH HAS 25 GB, I HAVE HAD A LOT OF FEEDBACK BUIT ALAS TO NO AVAIL, THE BIOS SETUP SAYS PHOENIX, I HAVE TRIED THE GENERIC PASSWORDS BUT THEY DON'T WORK, ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED

thanks moosep856

A:still unable to get password FOR PHOENIX BIOS

Welcome to techspot...

Look in your mainboard manual for instructions on how to "clear cmos" or similar. Basically, it's a little jumper on the mainboard that erases the BIOS settings (which is where the password is stored).

Once you've done that, enter the bious, and load failsafe defaults if you don't know how to set it up as you'd otherwise want it, and proceed to only change the things you understand, or that are related to any problem you are having (and it helps if you understand those!)

Lastly, just a bit of kind advice, but please don't continue to post all in caps (uppercase). Apart from looking untidy, many consider it to be equivelant to shouting, and so it's considered impolite (just simple nettiquette).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-get-password-for-phoenix-bios.44977/
Relevancy 37.41%

Anyone uses this? I need help in the "Append Header Files" part. Thanks.

A:Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery

Yup i had used stellar phoenix windows data recovery software.
Tell me what is you problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stellar-phoenix-windows-data-recovery.122969/
Relevancy 37.41%

To the powerful rustam_:
I salute you with both hands. I read your postings and i must say I am a huge fan of you. You truly are a superior being. I need a little help, please.
I bought a Laptop the Sahara Brand from someone. If you start it up it asks for a HDD password. Fortunately the guy gave me this password. Everything works fine, but I wanted to put the harddrive in a PC and I need to disable the HDD password. In order to do this I need to get in the BIOS. It is from Phoenix. I tried to search the web and it gave me "PHOENIX" etc. but these master passwords don't seem to work.
Please help to find the bios password.
I do thank you for your time.
soloplax

A:how to recover Phoenix Bios Password on Laptop

Rustam isnt here today, he's on a sabbatical, apart from which all his posts centre around the removal of DELL laptop passwords not a Sahara Brand one.

Most of these phoenix passwords can be cleared by removing the CMOS battery, you would need to download the handbook for the laptop to find out where it is.
Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-recover-phoenix-bios-password-on-laptop.65698/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm not sure I am posting this in the right forum, but I will be in Phoenix, Arizona for 6 weeks this summer. My mother only has dial up access to the internet. Is there any way that I can subscribe to high speed access for a 6-week period? I really don't want to drive to the nearest hotel and sit in their lobby solely for the purpose of accessing their high speed internet.

Thank you for any suggestions.

A:Obtaining high speed internet in Phoenix

try cricket communications they have the monthly highspeed internet i think check it out they should have it in phoenix http://www.mycricket.com/broadband/ its monthly. nevermind that wont work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/obtaining-high-speed-internet-in-phoenix.105760/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me out here. Im running XP and my BIOS is Phoenix technologies 6. When I try to boot up I get a blank screen, one long beep and two short beeps from the internal speaker and nothing else. I persisted with trying the startup and it works maybe one in twenty times so I have extremely limited access to my PC. Can someone advise me as to the best way to fix this up?

Thanks for hearing me out, hope someone has some info

PS

A:Phoenix V6 BIOS, cant startup XP!!! help please

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check out the meaning of your beeps HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-v6-bios-cant-startup-xp-help-please.38014/
Relevancy 28.38%

Product Name HP ENVY 8.1 print NOT will HP ENVY win in 5530 Operating System Microsoft Windows -bit Is there a proper fix for the below yet This has been going on for months and still no fix I bought this printer days as there were many HP ENVY 5530 will NOT print in win 8.1 good online recommendations but these have been overshadowed by the below New HP ENVY wireless printer bought days ago Will NOT print a single HP ENVY 5530 will NOT print in win 8.1 document in Windows or It's scanning perfectly I can also print from my Android HP eprint App perfectly The printer is showing as connected and working properly as evidenced by printing ability from other device When I go to File gt gt Print the printer always shows up as being offline when it is online and ready I have tried all the below fixes FIX Check if both the laptop and printer are connected to the same wireless Result They are FIX Uninstall the Printer Software Rename the HPBXPSRENDER DLL to HPBXPSRENDER OLD located in C Windows System spool drivers x for bit and C Windows System spool drivers w x for bit Reinstall the Printer Software Result FAIL - THERE IS NO HPBXPSRENDER DLL FIX Unplug everything leave for secs re-plug Result FAIL FIX Turn off Firewall Result FAIL FIX Download Microsoft Fix It Tool - Hotflix Run Program Result FAIL - I get the message quot The Update is not applicable to your computer quot Please Help

A:HP ENVY 5530 will NOT print in win 8.1

Quote:

I bought this printer days ago.... This has been going on for months

How could this be Going on for months when you have only had the printer for 4 days?
First, go to Search and type services.msc and press enter. In the Services windows scroll down to Print Spooler. Double click this. Make sure the Startup type is Automatic, and the services is Started.
Then try these suggestions: HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print: Windows 8 | HP?*Support

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/hp-envy-5530-will-not-print-in-win-8-1-a-994794.html
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello my HP Envy has been acting up after I restored it from a restore point The restoring process worked great and did what it was suppose to 15-j000 System.. Quad not Operating Edition boot Touchsmart Envy will HP do I installed a Bluetooth Wireless driver supported by intel it installed like HP Envy 15-j000 Touchsmart Quad Edition will not boot Operating System.. it should have Then it asked me to reboot so I did then I was prompted on a black screen with an error message of The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors file windows system winload efi error code xc So I brought it onto myself to check other forums to see if there was a solution to this error I tried a bunch of different things HP Envy 15-j000 Touchsmart Quad Edition will not boot Operating System.. and nothing worked So I formatted my hard drive via HP Envy 15-j000 Touchsmart Quad Edition will not boot Operating System.. Command Prompt After that was done I tried reinstalling the operating system Windows That didn't work it said the Operating System on my flashdrive was bad This is false because I've used the same flashdrive for many reinstallations So I tested it on a computer I did not care a whole lot for to make sure it still worked Sure enough it worked I even tried switching out the hard drive with another computer that has Windows already installed on it I get the error message quot Please install an operating system on your hard disk quot As if there was no hard drive attached I'm not sure what to do at this point I have completely lost hope for this very expensive laptop I called HP and they said all I have to do it buy a flashdrive from their store with the recovery OS on it This would make sense but I can't even tap the esc key a bunch of times to even get to the boot menu I can still get to the bios just not the system recovery tab Otherwise it will send me back to the quot Boot device not found quot quot Please install an operating system on your hard disk quot Hard Disk F F System Diagnostics I have tried running the System Diagnostics and they all pass for both hard drives Please help me Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/hp-envy-15-j000-touchsmart-quad-edition-will-not-boot-operating-system-992425.html
Relevancy 27.52%

didnt really know where to post this, but here goes. about a week ago i bought a new laptop, HP envy 15-k172no. and ive noticed this static sound going on. tested different headphones, and the computer speakers alone aswell. the static gets louder and more pronounced when i change the volume, and for a good 10 seconds after, then it gets lower again(as the computer plays this note when you change the volume, it might have nothing to do with the volume change at all, but with just playing sound, i dont know). its easier to hear when using headphones, for obvious reasons. muting does not help, but lowering the volume to zero makes everything go away....hoping this is a software issue. running windows 8.1 64 bit
anyone here able to help ?

A:[SOLVED] HP envy 15-k172no static noise

Hello bonnerik, to TSF!

Rather than possibly voiding your HP Warranty, my recommendation is to contact HP Customer Support directly regarding this issue.
There should be a sticker on the machine with their telephone number.
Give them a call and post back with the results.
Good Luck with it.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-hp-envy-15-k172no-static-noise-987593.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I own an HP Envy TouchSmart Notebook PC on Envy won't HP 15 TouchSmart turn product number E K UA ABA and Model -j cl I had a couple plastic screw inserts that hold the right side hinge to the top cover of the laptop break due to very high strength of the HP Envy TouchSmart 15 won't turn on hinges which caused the top cover of the laptop to pry apart from the base enclosure when opened a problem many owners of this laptop model have had Since I was out of warranty I ordered a replacement on Ebay using the correct part number - HP Envy TouchSmart 15 won't turn on and disassembled my laptop to make the repairs and loosen the hinges while I was at it I swapped out all parts being careful to note where and how plugs and ribbons were connected so I could put it back together correctly Now after having it reassembled it will not turn on I get a white LED light to turn on when I plug in the power cord AC adapter should be amber orange in color to signify it is charging the battery but no other sounds lights or signs of life I have attempted to remove the battery and power cord pressed the power button for - seconds to drain power and do a reset and then try to power up with plugging in the power cord but it won t turn on I also tried to power up by removing one part at a time including the hard drive two RAM sticks and wireless card but still not able to turn on Do you have any ideas for what may be wrong or steps I can take to troubleshoot Is this possible a mother board issue Everything was working fine before embarking on this repair Link to maintenance and service guide http h www hp com ctg Manual c

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588177/hp-envy-touchsmart-15-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I keep getting the BSOD. I am unsure why. The problem comes and gos but seems to develop when I am running a few programs at any one time. Does anyone know of a way I can run self-diagnostics without having to take it into a shop. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576020/bsod-windows-81-hp-envy-dv6/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hoping I can get some help with this I have an HP Envy H that HP while Envy H8 freezes up booting I bought two years ago March to be exact I use the PC constantly and it's on as I use it as a media server for the house and stream music to every room have PLEX installed to watch movies etc So the PC is never off for more than a few minutes when I reboot it every - weeks or so Today when I came home I noticed that the PC had frozen and wouldn't wake up When I tried to boot it I get the HP logo screen and the swirling dots going around at the bottom once or twice and then the dots freeze and the PC stops booting and won't do anything else I've rebooted it several times the PC has actually tried to fix errors itself it says Preparing Automatic Repair but can't seem to do anything it just kicks me back to a menu that gives me several options including to continue HP Envy H8 freezes while booting up to boot into Windows but nothing works Anyone can help me fix this Or is it just dead I'm hoping it's not just dead as I've not backed up the HD in a while and will lose a lot of photos and data and things fingers crossed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569391/hp-envy-h8-freezes-while-booting-up/
Relevancy 27.52%

About a month ago, I bought this laptop, BRAND NEW, and I've had problems with it since the beginning. When I run a speed test, it averages about 2.36 Mpbs download speed and 1.14 Mpbs upload speed. After a strenuous two hour long session with an HP representative, they finally concluded that it wasn't the computer causing the problem, it "must be the router" which is bullbleep. I have a cell phone and a four year old desktop (both in the same room) that run an average of about 12 Mpbs so it can't be the router. The laptop is the ONLY device giving me hell. I've been trying to find solutions ALL DAY and I'm frustrated and ready to scream. After a google search I've found MANY people with the same exact problem with this laptop, but almost none have found solutions (and I haven't found a solution yet that worked). PLEASE, can someone help me???

A:New HP Envy m6- 1205dx SLOW connection, AT WITS END

What antivirus software are you using on the HP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496760/new-hp-envy-m6-1205dx-slow-connection-at-wits-end/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, new to this site an am looking for solutions. I am not an expert on hardware and software nor am I a neophyte. Somewhere in between and I need help!

The story is:

Win 8 crashed. Got it going again after spending a lot of time doing the Recovery Manager Backup and Restore. Now I have a folder on my desktop w/three files. My super smart computer tells me that I don't have the Administrative rights to look at those three files to open them and retrieve the docs I need. This is my personal desktop in my house on my home network. How do I fix this and retrieve the specific files I need?

Thanks in advance to all.

Serrick

A:HP Envy running Win 8 crash and recovery of files.

Hi

What you need to do is take ownership of the folders in question and you will have access to them. You can add "Take Ownership" to the right click context menu and use that to quickly make yourself as the owner of any file/folder in the system.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2814-take-ownership-add-context-menu-windows-8-a.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537258/hp-envy-running-win-8-crash-and-recovery-of-files/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am with Premium Keyboard 7 HP problem Home Envy Windows helping a friend Keyboard problem with HP Envy Windows 7 Home Premium with a computer problem he is having and Keyboard problem with HP Envy Windows 7 Home Premium need some help He is running a Hewlett Packard Envy Desktop Computer It has gigs of ram and a I quad core processor Keyboard problem with HP Envy Windows 7 Home Premium The computer functioned properly until after a Internet Explorer update and has had nothing but troubles since The biggest trouble he is facing now is that his keyboard will not work When I go to Device Manager I see two instances of a HID Compliant Keyboard driver I've always read that there should only be one instance I uninstalled the second HID Keyboard driver and now if we don't restart the keyboard will work Once we restart the second keyboard driver is installed and you can't print again Here are some other things I've tried Uninstalled IE from add removed programs Did a system restore back to before there was any problems Went into safe mode and the keyboard worked fine Went into Google Chrome and the same No keyboard working until after I removed one of the drivers from device manager Then it worked I can't delete one of the HID Compliant Keyboard drivers Could I delete one in Safe Mode Any suggestions would sure be appreciated The computer is just now out of warranty Thanks

A:Keyboard problem with HP Envy Windows 7 Home Premium

I would uninstall both drivers...then reboot the system.  Only one should then be reflected.

In Device Manager, there are "ghost entries" for devices or drivers which were installed at one point but now are not attached.  Deleting both drivers reflected should eliminate the dual drivers for one device, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582439/keyboard-problem-with-hp-envy-windows-7-home-premium/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello good people. On any computer when I try to open a site called Free Docs (Documentaries)I always get
the message "AVG has blocked the Phoenix Exploit Kit Type 769". I like the site and haven't been able to log onto it for almost two months. I suppose I should be trying to contact the webmaster but I wanted to try Bleeping first.
ky
Great site, this is my first time on it. If anyone has dealt with this can you let me know if you were able to resolve it?

Thanks so very much~ Funky

A:Phoenix Exploit Kit Type 769

Phoenix exploit kitAVG detects this somewhat active Webthreat and its 6 known variants. http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/phoenix-exploit-kit/Phoenix exploit kit is a threat that is spreading. It is currently ranked 10 in the world for online threats. Phoenix exploit kit has been detected by AVG on victims' machines in 180 countries during the last month. There are currently 190 websites in 26 countries that host Phoenix exploit kit.Are you sure the website is safe?Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460557/phoenix-exploit-kit-type-769/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I need help deleting the above as I don't want to have to press F1 every time I boot up.  Also, it prevents me from accessing Safe Mode from bootup unless I go into msconfig after Windows has loaded.

I've tried renaming the Registry entry but to no avail.  I didn't want to delete the entry in case I made things worse.

I'm running XP SP3.

Thank you.

A:Need to delete Phoenix AwardBIOS

Hi,

Can you explain a little better what the problem is? sometimes posting an image can help us to understand better the problem.

Simply because you can't DELETE the Phoenix AwardBIOS unless you want to kill the machine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513623/need-to-delete-phoenix-awardbios/
Relevancy 28.38%

My Envy 20 20-d034 has a problem. When i turn the computer on i hear the fans and the power button is glowing, but the display is black. What can I do to fix this problem.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/envy-20-problem.1154658/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

Am thinking of getting a new HP Envy desktop PC.
Their model: "Envy 750 XT" (or maybe it's 750XT)

Can't tell you how much time I've spent on their site(s) trying to find a .pdf
User Manual I can download for it first.

I give up. Whoever is doing their site should be fired.

Anyone have a link to it perhaps ?

Thanks,
Bob

A:User Manual For HP Envy 750xt Desktop PC ?

Hi:

Try this link: Product search results

Then click on the specific model.
It will take you to a page with the pdf User Guides links.

A screen shot of one such example is attached, to illustrate the general concept.

Hope this helps,

MM

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380020-user-manual-hp-envy-750xt-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Problem with HP Envy 120 an Windows 10 update

I have Windows 7 Home Premium but sinceinstalling Widows 10 when trying to ?scanto computer? my HP Envy 120 Printer Says? No connection No Computer connected? Howdo I correct this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380542-problem-hp-envy-120-after-installing-windows-10-update.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all - log a Phoenix on included BSOD 850qe ENVY new dmp brand HP I am hoping someone here can help me as I have recently purchased a HP ENVY Phoenix qe for my motion-media BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included production needs For some strange reason weeks into the PC is getting BSOD I'm shocked The only things I have installed are Creative Cloud Apps Photoshop After Effects Premiere and Firefox and Chrome HP support was not very helpful so I am hoping someone here could take a look at my error log and see what could be causing this issue Specs as follows HP ENVY Phoenix qe Windows Professional -bit SP Intel Core i K GHz RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Graphics Card MB ATI AMD Radeon R HD Main GB SanDisk SD SB Q- G- SCSI Disk Device SSD GB Seagate ST DM - ER SCSI Disk Device SATA ------------------------------------------------------------- Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF F FA C BCP FFFFF D BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp -- I have uploaded the dmp file to - - dmp Free File Hosting - File Dropper File Host for Mp Videos Music Documents ----------------------------------- Thank You all very much in advance

A:BSOD on a brand new HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe - dmp log included

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

RMA it? As you have recently bought it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384056-bsod-brand-new-hp-envy-phoenix-850qe-dmp-log-included.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi All,

I am having issue with HP Envy TouchSmart 15 laptop. Hinges are broken, When enquired in authorized service centers, they are saying lot of cost (around 15K INR). Couldnt spend that much on this. Is there a way to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-hinges-in-hp-envy-touchsmart-15.1159047/
Relevancy 27.95%

My system had built in windows 7. now, i upgraded it to Windows 10.

pc has become quite slow. it has built it 4 GB RAM (ddr3) running at 1333 Mhz.

i was wondering if i could add another 4 gb or 8gb ddr3 ram which runs at 1600 Mhz ?

it has got another empty slot. my preferred brand is corsair.

A:Can I ADD an extra 4 GB RAM in my HP Envy 6-1011tx Laptop ?

In most cases, memory is not the cause of a PC running slow. Extra memory can mean more programs open at one time but it doesn't really speed up the PC.

I couldn't find the spec's on the HP site documents for this specific PC.

Go to Crucial.com - DRAM, solid state drive (SSD) memory upgrades for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS and either enter the model number or let it scan your PC and it will list the maximum amount of memory and what is compatible from Crucial. You should use matched memory of the same type from the same vendor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384857-can-i-add-extra-4-gb-ram-my-hp-envy-6-1011tx-laptop.html
Relevancy 27.09%

i hav this hp envy 6-1011tx laptop. which comes with 32gb ssd + 500 gb hdd

ssd was used as cache drive, but i wanted to install the whole os on it.

after seeing several discussion i tried doing it.

i was able to delete the raid 0 setup on the hdd, but the setup on SSD SIMPLY WONT DELETE. it says its used as a cache drive nd DISABLED.

Now, my laptop is in slowest mode since ever.
guys pls help me solve it :-( :-(

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384963-need-help-badly-installing-windows-msata-ssd-hp-envy-6-lapt.html
Relevancy 27.95%

I bought a Dell P2014H monitor, which came with display port, VGA and DVI-D slots and cables? My HP Envy only appears to have a HDMI and USB slots. Is there an adapter to hook these 2 together?

A:Dell Monitor connect to HP Envy

My HP Envy only appears to have a HDMI and USB slotsClick to expand...

What's the complete model number of that HP Envy desktop?
What's the exact part/product number(P/N) on it?
I bought a Dell P2014H monitor, which came with display port, VGA and DVI-D slotsClick to expand...

This is what the bottom of that monitor and its ports look like.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-monitor-connect-to-hp-envy.1160083/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I ve had this problem off an on for probably about a year now Randomly my Touchsmart Clickpad Envy HP disappearing on clickpad I think that s what it s called the mouse on my laptop stops working Clickpad on HP Envy Touchsmart disappearing Either the cursor will freeze and disappear when I touch the screen or it just doesn t appear when I open my laptop I found a fix once that said to just go into the Device Manager and either update or rollback the driver and that worked the first time but doesn t seem to be the answer as it continues to happen Luckily I have the touchscreen or I d be really annoyed but its tough to do work with just the touchscreen Can anyone help me keep the cursor clickpad working When I update roll back the driver I go to Device Manager gt System Devices gt Synaptics SMBus gt Properties gt Driver Let me know any other info you need Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD G Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 27.52%

Hey all,

So I updated from W8.1 -> W10 and everything works fine, but now my WIFI adapter is literally turned to a dead unit,

I can connect to my home access point fine, but trying to find things like *wireless hotspot, or hotels* either it does NOT show up, or disconnects after 2 mins

anyone have any ideas? I tried uninstall and reinstall, different drivers, netsh int ip commands and such....

Thanks;

403Phaze

A:HP envy 15 J084ca Wifi adapter issues

You need to post this over in tenforums.com Anything not showing a driver for it in Device Manager.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/70624-hp-envy-15-j084ca-wifi-adapter-issues.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the following problem ?
I have a HP ENVY 700-301nd with Win 8.1 and a Sennheiser PC 333D G4me usb-headset connected to it.
The audio (music, games) sounds perfectly, but the microphone only seems to give crackling and very distorted noises.
When I plug the headset into my older Win 7 computer, the microphone sounds crystal clear, so it's not broken.
I've been busy for quite a few hours now, but whatever I do...I can't get the microphone to work on the HP ENVY it seems.

Installing the lastest drivers from HP and Sennheiser didn't solve the problem.

So does anybody has a clue what might cause this problem and how to fix it ?

A:can't get usb-headset microphone to work on HP ENVY 700-30

What do you have listed for the Default Recording Device? Stereo Mix should be set as default Recording Device.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/67790-cant-get-usb-headset-microphone-work-hp-envy-700-30-a.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I can't use my printer after I upgraded to Windows My HP Envy printer is not shown in the printers and drivers in my control panel I tried to add my printer in the control panel It searched the network for my printer and they found it I click on my HP printer on the screen so it can be installed but after I click on my printer I get an error screen I tried to disable my firewall and I still could not get my 5530 Software install Printer won't Envy HP printer installed HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install I downloaded the latest update of the printer software and it won't let me install it I uninstalled my printer software and it won't let me install the downloaded software I tried using the HP Print and Scan Dr on my computer and it hasn't offered any help I've only gotten troubleshooting for trying to fix a printer with a wire connection My printer is a wireless connection they don't offer any troubleshooting for a wireless printer I don't know what to do so I can actually use my printer again I can't find a solution by searching online How can I get my computer to install the printer software

A:HP Envy 5530 Printer Software won't install

Hi ChristineL, welcome to Ten Forums. Try this using this tutorial from the tutorial forum to unblock the file. You should be able to find it again in the downloads folder. Unblock File in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . Then after the file is unblocked you can run setup.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33092-hp-envy-5530-printer-software-wont-install.html
Relevancy 28.38%

Just wondering if my computer will run GTA V with minimal lag on medium settings. Its an hp envy m6-1105dx. The game will be one of the only programs downloaded onto the computer. Thanks

Microprocessor: 2.3GHz up to 3.2GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor

RAM: 6gb ddr3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7660G Discrete-Class graphics and up to 3053MB total graphics memory

Memory: 750GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/72072-can-i-run-gta-v-hp-envy-m6-1105dx.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey all

So, I didn't want to resort to this and potentially waste peoples time but I really can't reach a conclusion. I'm running a HP Envy 15, (full specs below) and I can't decide whether with NVIDIA Experience optimising GTA whether I could play GTA at a decent (>25fps) framerate on medium settings or not. I've tried 'Can I run it' but whilst it says I can run minimum I'm struggling to interpret whether that means I could run it decently or not!

System specs as follows:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 840M, 2GB
Memory: 12GB DDR3

Can anyone give me any advice? Any other specs that I should post to make it easier to decide?

Thanks a ton,
- Clubmeber

A:Could I run GTA V? HP ENVY 15

Yes, and very fast. The RAM you have really helps in performance. It should be about 45 FPS at an average. NVIDIA Experience shouldn't give you lag unless it does on games that are less computer demanding. High settings should work fine at 30 FPS or so (with your specs).
It will be a lot easier to decide if you gave your OS bit size (32-Bit, 64-Bit, etc.)

If you have a 32-Bit OS, GTA V should give you 30-40 FPS on high settings.

If you have a 64-Bit OS, GTA V should give you 40-60 FPS on high settings.

Hope this helps!

-Mike

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/64498-could-i-run-gta-v-hp-envy-15-a.html
Relevancy 27.52%

A few weeks ago I helped a family member install a new wireless HP Envy Printer to a laptop and it printed over WiFi right away from a laptop iPhone and iPad Then it wouldn t print wirelessly anymore saying that the printer was offline I tried a lot of troubleshooting and couldn t get it to print I then uninstalled the software that came on the CD with the printer and reinstalled I no longer go the printer offline message but it still didn t print I tried Print Won't Anymore 4500 Envy HP Wirelessly to set it up with the USB connection option and that prints fine How do I get it to print wirelessly I tried running the HP Scan amp Print Doctor for Windows but it didn t give me any info on how to fix the printer not printing wirelessly On the install screen with the CD I ve tried putting in the IP Address that appears on the front panel of the Printer and it says it doesn t recognize the printer I ve also tried to HP Envy 4500 Won't Print Wirelessly Anymore do a factory reset of the printer to try and install everything from scratch but immediately the light on the printer turns solid blue meaning it is connected to WiFi I don t get how it connects to WiFi after a factory reset and me not putting any WiFi Network info in I m turning to this forum for any suggestions on what I can try to get the thing to print wirelessly again Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:HP Envy 4500 Won't Print Wirelessly Anymore

you should be able to print out the network settings on the printer
can you do this and post
the IP info here please

and then from a PC post an ipconfig /all please

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Windows + X Keys together and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​Or Right click on the windows icon - bottom left hand side - A menu appears - choose Command Prompt (Admin)[/indent]

For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R
Now type CMD
Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-envy-4500-wont-print-wirelessly-anymore.1163463/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi there

I thought the USB 3 slots were BLUE by convention. On my Envy Laptop there is one BLUE slot - it's also a charging USB slot. However a Toshiba external USB3 device plugged into that slot has a WHITE Led when active indicating USB 2 speed.

I move the HDD to one of a pair of USB slots on the other side of the computer --not colour coded at all --and Hey presto the Toshiba HDD led goes BLUE indicating it's operating as a USB 3 device. Copying files also indicates it's operating at expected speed whereas connected into what I thought was the "Official" USB 3 slot only gave USB 2 data transfer speeds.

Shows you need to TEST the devices - don't always rely on external labelling etc.

Cheers
jimbo

A:HP envy laptop - USB 3 slot incorrectly marked.

That is strange, as my HP Envy Desktop has the blue for USB 3 and shows black for USB 2 and they are correct. I was wondering IF maybe the sata connection wires are not plugged in correctly from the motherboard? But, glad you got it figured out, anyhow.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36353-hp-envy-laptop-usb-3-slot-incorrectly-marked.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey Guys, I just received my NEW HP Phoenix desktop. Came with Win 10 Pro, I tried to install Win 7 Pro on a new SSD . I changed a settings in the bios=

Legacy Support - Enable
Secure Boot - Disable
Fast Boot - Disable

I reboot and boot into DVD, it says setting up windows files, then says Windows Start up, then it goes to the NEXT screen ( to change your region, time zone etc ) and NO Cursor or keyboard in this screen!

Can someone tell me what I'm missing here ! Before I send this thing back to HP I wanted some of this forums advise!

Thanks in Advance!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389550-trying-install-win-7-new-hp-phoenix.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey Guys, I just received my NEW HP Phoenix desktop. Came with Win 10 Pro, I tried to install Win 7 Pro on a new SSD . I changed a settings in the bios=

Legacy Support - Enable
Secure Boot - Disable
Fast Boot - Disable

I reboot and boot into DVD, it says setting up windows files, then says Windows Start up, then it goes to the NEXT screen ( to change your region, time zone etc ) and NO Cursor or keyboard in this screen!

Can someone tell me what I'm missing here ! Before I send this thing back to HP I wanted some of this forums advise!

Thanks in Advance!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/389550-trying-install-win-7-new-hp-phoenix.html
Relevancy 27.09%

So i just sat down to update Windows on my wife's computer to and immediately I noticed that her screen looked fuzzy almost like snowy or blurry I asked her about it and she said she actually noticed it this afternoon suddenly with no apparent cause I used her computer last night around midnight and all was well So I tried changing the resolution to see if that effected the problem no change I checked to see that she had the latest OS appropriate graphics driver I make sure this computer has the latest drivers at least once a month and the most recent OS appropriate graphics drivers are installed So I proceeded to update to and when I restarted immediately upon the BIOS boot screen the image was all messed up showing double and very fuzzy and once Windows loaded and continued to install the update on restart it showed two images in double one top and one bottom This problem continues and I will attach a pic of what the screen looks like now Again I this problem started prior to any updating as my wife said when she was home this afternoon she first noticed it This laptop has an intergrated Intel graphics card Any help would be appreciated

A:Suddeny graphics issue with wife's HP Envy M6-1225dx. Any ideas?

I think I might have solved this myself, I used my LCD TV as a second screen, and that looks fine... My conclusion is that the screen is bad...

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40333-suddeny-graphics-issue-wifes-hp-envy-m6-1225dx-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,

I have a HP envy x2 which has no uefi partition and at the moment it seems that it's impossible to reinstall this computer. I have tried external dvd-rom and bootable usb, but they aren't recognized when I turn on the computer. At the moment the computers has no OS.

On hp forums I read that you must turn on legacy boot in order to be able to boot from cd-rom, but there is no such option, there isn't even a boot priority option, only uefi boot priority which is greyed out at the moment, probably due to absence of uefi partition.

I have never seen such basic bios with so few options, I couldn't believe that there is no boot priority options available, which seems the most basic of options...

Is there anything that could be done in this situation?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605564/hp-envy-x2-withouth-uefi-partition-how-to-reinstall/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am currently having a very annoying computer issue with my HP Envy I am running windows updated from windows Ever since I can remember my computer will randomly freeze up - keyboard mouse will go completely dead Freezing Envy Windows Computer - Please BSOD Help! / HP 10 even the CAPS lock won't light up on my keyboard when pressed If I am listening HP Envy Windows 10 BSOD / Computer Freezing - Please Help! to music the audio will get extremely distorted It will sit like this for about a minute or two then I will get an error with DPC Watchdog Violation and then the computer will restart It generally happens about every minutes or so after the restart - though sometimes I can go for an hour without HP Envy Windows 10 BSOD / Computer Freezing - Please Help! being interrupted I have tried changing out the keyboard and mouse with different ones and that has not solved the issue I am reading online that it can be a driver update problem so I use the HP Support Assistant to try to update my computer but it says my computer is fully up to date I do the same thing with Windows and it also tells me there are no updates at the moment I went to HP's driver update page and when I try to detect my PC it gives me an error that the information could not be found and I should try again in a few minutes I've tried multiple times over the last week and every single time I get that same error Can anyone give me any insight into this problem I apologize in advance because I am new to this forum so if you need more information just let me know Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605743/hp-envy-windows-10-bsod-computer-freezing-please-help/
Relevancy 28.38%

I bought the above printer/scanner/copier and was unable to get my laptop and printer to communicate wirelessly (for some reason, the software couldn't download). I plugged a USB cable from the printer into the laptop and was able to both print and scan that way. I tried it yesterday and the scanning feature is no longer working, but I can print via USB cable. Ultimately, I would like the laptop and printer to communicate over WiFi, however, failing that, I am quite happy to connect via USB cable. I have turned the printer off a few times and have used the USB cable in each of the USB ports. My laptop has Windows 7 Home Premium running on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-envy-4524-wont-scan.1167783/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi All Well like so many people out there I post-upgrade of 15 A couple Envy J151sa issues HP - was keen to get my hands on the new Windows setup and upgraded via the quot Get Windows quot app on day one Whilst on the whole the upgrade went smoothly I have spotted a couple of problems since One of the USB ports isn't working The others all work fine I've removed the drivers and restarted along with adjusting the power options to prevent the system disabling but the problem remains The wired Ethernet port isn't working and the adapter isn't showing in device manager Also when the laptop is shut HP Envy 15 J151sa - A couple of post-upgrade issues down the transmit receive LEDs are permanently on When the laptop is powered up they are both off I've used the online chat to speak to HP support and their official line is quot Windows is a phased rollout and we're working with the MS technicians to make the drivers available HP Envy 15 J151sa - A couple of post-upgrade issues quot though no idea of a time scale was given I was then advised to revert back to Windows for the time being although apparently the revert back option doesn't currently work either Fortunately I did take the precaution of cloning the disk before doing the initial upgrade so going back isn't too much of a hassle I thought I'd see if anybody can offer up any workarounds I can try beforehand Any advice appreciated

A:HP Envy 15 J151sa - A couple of post-upgrade issues

I have the same laptop as you and am hoping to upgrade to Windows 10 soon, but really don't fancy losing the wired Ethernet port in particular - I was just wondering whether or not these issues have since been resolved?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/12179-hp-envy-15-j151sa-couple-post-upgrade-issues.html
Relevancy 28.38%

I am looking to replace my GB SSD drive It s a constant battle to limit what is stored on 17t-3000 HP Envy Replacement SSD CTO for the SSD I have most programs installed on my D drive and Windows i am running windows seems to be constantly downloading huge update files I am defeated I want to swap out the for something large enough that Replacement SSD for HP Envy 17t-3000 CTO I can stop worrying about what I store on the C drive I went on the HP site but the prices for their drives are extraordinary I thought maybe a typo but emailed HP My current drive GB MSSD MSATA is listed for The GB replacement is hp part s - and - Replacement SSD for HP Envy 17t-3000 CTO surprisingly the GB is more expensive than the GB but both prices seem outrageous to me I actually ordered a drive from Crucial but it is a quot While Replacement SSD for HP Envy 17t-3000 CTO I think it is compatible it is much larger than my existing SSD Their site doesn t list an MSATA drive that it considers compatible with my machine Any suggestions Could I use the quot SSD and somehow make it my boot drive or do I have to replace my MSATA and if so how do I find a compatible replacement that is priced more reasonably thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-ssd-for-hp-envy-17t-3000-cto.1168333/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've had frequent BSODs for over 2.5 years spanning Windows 8, 8.1, and 10. Hardware diagnostics have showed no failures. The machine has been to repair 3 times with only the HDD replaced, which did not fix the problem. I have restored to factory settings at least 8 times with no joy. The errors can happen anytime, but most typically occur when the machine is left running unattended. In recently months the error is most often not visible and the machine has not rebooted but is sitting with a dark screen and the fans running hard. All drivers and software should be up-to-date and I've tried power setting changes, turning off notifications, and other minor fixes.

The latest HP Case Manager wants me to restore to Win8 and test for several weeks so I thought I'd try again.

My DM Log file is attached.

Thanks!

Nick

A:BSOD - HP Envy hal.dll

The first zip file was empty. Here is the complete one.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47531-bsod-hp-envy-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 27.95%

My keyboard suddenly stopped working today, i checked the bluetooth connection it was okay but the keyboard wasn't working. Everytime i try to press anything the light over the bluetooth key turns on and off, and the on/off light of the keyboard is always off until i attach it to the screen it stays on for a minute or so and then back off. Also tried pressing the bluetooth key for a bit longer it starts lighting on and off but the keyboard doesn't actually work.

A:HP envy detachable keyboard not working

Hi @Reema98xx,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the bluetooth keyboard. I will be glad to help you. Keep in mind the keyboard charges when connected to screen and plugged in. If long time can loss power. Please look at Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-envy-detachable-keyboard-not-working/td-p/5595183
Relevancy 27.09%

I wish to downgrade my laptop from windows 10 to windows 7.  I have a new windows 7 install disk & product key, and have replaced my original 1TB hard drive (do not want any semblance of Windows 10 anywhere near my computer).  But like others, the Windows Install  stalls  with demand for missing driver.  I need the SATA hard disk driver compatible with both Windows 7 and this computer, in a format that Windows 7 can "see" on a CD, DVD or USB, and then load.  Hard drive is formatted MBR.  Can anyone direct me to the SATA driver for my situation?   Thanks, in advance, for any help. PS - I have backups and "upgrade install" disks from my defunct HP Pavillion dv6700t which also used Windows 7, but don't think they'd be of use in my present situation.  ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:windows 7 SATA storage driver hp envy 15 u483cl

Hi: That is probably not the issue. Please read the below information for how to get W7 to install on a notebook with a 6th gen core processor. I suggest you make your set of recovery disks before proceeding to install W7 should the experiment fail, and you will also need to go into the BIOS, enable legacy mode, which should disable secure boot.  Windows 7 is not compatible with secure boot. Here are the basic instructions to get W7 to install on your model. The Microsoft Windows 7 installation media doesn't have the native USB 3.0 drivers. So you have to add the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows installation flash drive. Intel came through on this one.  They have a utility that does all the work for you. Follow the instructions in the Readme link to make a bootable USB flash drive from your windows installation DVD. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Wi???ndows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility Run this and point to your Windows USB Installation media, and Windows 7 should install.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-7-SATA-storage-driver-hp-envy-15-u483cl/td-p/5588240
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, yesterday when I tried to run my laptop the screen stayed blank and the caps lock was blinking. It blinked 3 times and then had a short paused and continued to blink again. I had access to all of the button and could use FN F5 to turn the keyboard lights on. Thank you!

A:Intel Envy Black Screen!

Hi there @Cryptonix,  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!  You had mentioned the caps lock light blinks 3 times, but nothing appears on the screen. Generally speaking, LEDs blinking 3 times means that the Memory Module is not functional. Please follow the instructions in the Notebook memory failure section to try and resolve the issue.  If the Notebook comes back on, please try to do a Hardware Test. HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong.  Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may be wondering what it means when the Caps Lock LED blinks 3 times. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution" to help other community members! To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below. Thanks. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting and your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?).  Thank you for joining into the HP Support Community!Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Intel-Envy-Black-Screen/td-p/5594728
Relevancy 27.09%

My Envy laptop frequently gets incredibly sluggish when the power cable is plugged CPU plugged when laptop Envy in power speed slow in This appears to be because the CPU speed is being throttled If I view Envy CPU speed slow when laptop power plugged in the Performance tab of Windows Task Manager the CPU speed drops to nbsp GHz within seconds of plugging the cable in If I remove the cable the speed jumps back up to around GHz and the laptop performs as expected nbsp nbsp I've ruled out Windows power settings as being the cause In advanced power settings processor power management is set to allow for the 'maximum processor state' Adjusting nbsp these Envy CPU speed slow when laptop power plugged in settings and switching between different power plans e g HP Recommended High Performance Power Saver has no positive affect nbsp The problem occurs regardless of whether I'm using the laptop for anything intensive - I don't believe the laptop should be throttling the CPU to prevent overheating nbsp I see this problem even if my only open application is Google Chrome with memory use of approx and CPU lt Watching videos or using any more powerful software is impossible without lagging or hanging nbsp Restarting the laptop doesn't fix the problem and this seems to have been a problem from new nbsp I've downloaded all updates available through the HP Support Assistant program including one for BIOS but still see the issue nbsp I suspect it nbsp may be BIOS related but if so I'd expect all owners of this laptop to have the problem nbsp Is this something others are seeing I would be glad of any suggestions to help me fix this Cheers nbsp nbsp

A:Envy CPU speed slow when laptop power plugged in

HI @ElZoid, Welcome to the HP Forums!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I understand that when on battery power your notebook's performance is good, but when you connect it to power the  notebook's power decreases.  Restarting the notebook does not change the behavior.  You have done all the HP updates. Here is a link to  HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter that will rule that possibility out.Are you connecting directly to an outlet and not in a power bar? Have you tried a different outlet? Here is a link to HP PCs - Increasing System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10) that may also help. Next  I would try restoring the default power scheme.Right click on the Windows button (lower left corner)Choose command prompt adminType powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and press enterPlease keep me updated on your progress. Once you find an answer that solved your difficulty, please choose "Accepted Solution" to alert other people to your success.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Envy-CPU-speed-slow-when-laptop-power-plugged-in/td-p/5519085
Relevancy 28.38%

After 3 attempt my bios is showing me 50634250

A:my hp envy m6 bios password

@paul4all? Enter    45792896 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-hp-envy-m6-bios-password/td-p/5595728
Relevancy 27.95%

I bought a new hp envy x2 about a week ago. Everything worked fine until my keyboard power light started blinking orange. It did that for a few days then the keyboard just went dead. It seems to me the keyboard is not charching while connected to the tablet. Any advice would be appreciated.

A:envy x2 keyboard wont charge

Hi @moj6 , Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY x2 and keyboard not charging. Here is a link to a document for troubleshooting. Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.If this does not help please feel free to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/envy-x2-keyboard-wont-charge/td-p/4769864
Relevancy 27.09%

Loaded all software updates followed all the instructions and still would not record from external mic Finally found the problem The imput jack on the laptop is a piece of junk and does not work How I found this out was while plugging in the four pin connector I noticed the mic icon flash so I slowly removed the four pin connector and the external mic started to work However as soon as I let go of the four in ? microphone External 15-j160no envy Hp headphone jack on pin connector it fell out External microphone in headphone jack on Hp envy 15-j160no ? and would not stay in the imput jack All the way in would not work half way in works but wil not stay in place So how do I get this repaired nbsp nbsp I now have a workaround for this Got a USB mic and the software recognized it However after doing some more web searches to solve the output input jack problem I found that this is not just a HP thing Seems other manufactures such as Dell are just as bad This does not excuse Hp of using a crappy part probably just to save a few pennies

A:External microphone in headphone jack on Hp envy 15-j160no ?

Hi there @Harley5560,  Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the Forum. From what I understand you are trying to use a Headset with a Microphone built in and you are not getting results from the microphone portion. I read that you updated your last post to say that you purchased a USB microphone and that is working for your flawlessly.  Here is a document I found called Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 8).   If you were to look at your HP ENVY 15 Notebook PC and HP ENVY TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide, it says "Connects optional powered stereo speakers, headphones, earbuds, a headset, or a television audio cable. Also connects an optional headset microphone. This jack does not support optional microphone-only devices". NOTE: Be sure that the device cable has a 4- conductor connector that supports both audio-out (headphone) and audio-in (microphone). Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thank you! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/External-microphone-in-headphone-jack-on-Hp-envy-15-j160no/td-p/5596088
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello I haven o sound on my brand new HP ENVY ? 13-d001noI have checked with trobbelshoting, cant se anything wrongI'm disappointed in the new computerShould work immediately when the computer is brand newWhat should I do?

A:No sound on my brand new HP ENVY – 13-d001no

Hi,Please try this first to enable Speakers in Playback devices as follows:1. Right click speaker icon (right hand corner)2. Select Playback devices3. Right click Speakers4. Enable it and set as Default5. Click Apply/OkRegards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-on-my-brand-new-HP-ENVY-13-d001no/td-p/5596688
Relevancy 27.95%

I bought a external dvd writer to play DVD's.  I want to use headphones so I don't bother others sitting beside me.  I was able to hear the movie dvd on the computer speakers, but when I plugged in the headphones to the jack, I heard nothing. Was all my efforts for not and everyone will have to enjoy what ever movie I am playing?

A:using external headphones on envy with windows 10

Hey there @just-a-user,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you are not able to hear any sound from the headphone jack on your HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC.  Have you tried updating the audio driver?Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant to update all of your drivers?Have you tried using the Windows troubleshooting tool?Have you tried to uninstall the audio driver? If not, please use the following steps:Go to the Device ManagerClick on Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the Sound driverClick UninstallRestart your Notebook twiceReinstall the Sound driver if it does not install automatically. If that does not work, please follow the following steps:Control Panel,Hardware and Sound,Click on Sound,Manage Audio Devices,Please plug in your headphones and see if the headphone icon shows up. In the Manage Audio Devices section, is the headphone icon showing? I found a document for you called Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems. This document has troubleshooting steps included to help you get the right sound from your Notebook using headphones. Although it says that it is for Windows 8, it will work just the same for Windows 10.  If the other solutions provided already didn't work, try the audio troubleshooter. It might be able to fix your issue automatically. Please let me know if these steps resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution. This will help other's with the same sound issue find a resolution on the HP Support Forums quickly. To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  If you require further assistance, I would more than happy to continue to help.  Thank you!Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/using-external-headphones-on-envy-with-windows-10/td-p/5595450
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello all nbsp After successfully having someone solve my first problem with this laptop involving a faulty fingerprint sensor I have - not 13 HP Microphone Envy sensitive now decided to address HP Envy 13 - Microphone not sensitive the second and hopefully final issue I have been having nbsp My microphone is not sensitive at all - however it is working and I HP Envy 13 - Microphone not sensitive am pretty sure it is a driver issue too Let me explain nbsp The microphone has always been quiet One of the first things I did when I got this laptop last month was to Skype some friends and they said I sounded extremely far away I tried Skype's test call service and when speaking normally could nbsp only just hear my voice I did a little bit of troubleshooting and even with mic sensitivity up to and boost up to dB I was still realistically unhearable nbsp It got to the point where I tried uninstalling drivers and I discovered that uninstalling my audio drivers caused the mic to suddenly work perfectly - however reinstalling them caused the fault to reoccur nbsp I have reinstalled the drivers as I assume the Bang and Olufsen Realtek drivers are needed for high quality sound output or whatever - but I was wondering if there was a fix that would allow me to use the microphone with these drivers installed instead of having to uninstall them every time I want to use the mic nbsp Note the microphone still works but is not very sensitive and I can only just be heard even when I'm shouting into my screeen nbsp Thanks nbsp Kyran Hill Solved View Solution

A:HP Envy 13 - Microphone not sensitive

Kelvin2 wrote:turn off sound effects for the Microphone Array. This is done by the Control Panel command ?sound?-> ?recording? tab -> select ''MICROPHONE ARRAY" and click on ?properties? ->on the ?microphone? pane select the ?enhancements? tab -> click the check box ?disable all sound effects? then click ?OK? on all of the panels back upto the sound panel. Tired and it fixed hopefully can help you guysGreat work Kelvin2! I also made sure that "Microphone Array" was set as the default recording device too - and with your help it now seems to be working brilliantly! That said, this problem has a track record of coming back but hopefully it's fixed  Thanks again, Kyran

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-13-Microphone-not-sensitive/td-p/5405729
Relevancy 27.09%

Whenever the speakers are 'engaged' to play sound there is a very annoying static interference that not only disrupts the sounds but is obviously not the way Bang & Olufsen designed their speakers to operate. I bought the Laptop today and this issue has started with a couple of hours of use. I have tried to restart the Laptop several times as well as try various different sound settings to no avail. The static is also present when the speakers are muted. Anyone else had a similar issue that might have a suggested fix for it?

A:HP Envy Notebook 15 speakers playing constant static

Hey @SteVieBizzLe1, I understand you're having issues with some audio quality, as there is audible static. I'd be happy to help. I'd like to suggest that you start out with the steps in this document, and get back to me when you've completed them: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8) I know it says "No Sound" but it should serve the same purpose. Hope this helps, if it does, hit that Thumbs Up. If this resolved your issue, please Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-Notebook-15-speakers-playing-constant-static/td-p/5587919
Relevancy 27.52%

I have 2 identical fairly new HP 360s, both running W10 64-bit. Both send video correctly to the TV over HDMI connection. Neither sends the audio, instead sending it to the laptop's internal speakers. This is an HP issue, as the HDMI cable is fine and works with all other devices. The cable and TV work properly with my Mac and Toshiba laptop and with my HP Pavilion desktop unit. Please advise as to the correct fix for this tiresome proble. Thanks,Steve Conelley

A:Envy x360 audio not passed to TV over HDMI

Hi there @Conehead1952,  Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. I understand that you are having an issue with the sound while trying to use the HDMI capability from your HP ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices  troubleshooter? The troubleshooter will help find and fixHDMIissues. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.You could try to:Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-x360-audio-not-passed-to-TV-over-HDMI/td-p/5584652
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello, I have notebook envy m6-1154e (product number C0Y09EA). Does it have aptX codec in A2DP bluetooth profile?  Thanks

A:Bluetooth aptX in HP Envy m6

Hello @AirDRoN, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the Bluetooth issue, and wanted to help! Based on the following guide, here is all the information about the compatible WLAN Modules for your notebook:HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 1, Page 6).  Support for the following WLAN formats: ? Atheros 9485GN 802.11b/g/n 11 WiFi and 3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter? Atheros WB225 802.11b/g/n 11 Bluetooth Combo Adapter? Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 11 WiFi and 20702 Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter? Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 WLAN module? Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter and Mediatek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter? Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n 11 WiFi Adapter? Ralink RT3290LE 802.11b/g/n 11 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter 690020-001 Atheros AR9565 802.11b/g/n 11 WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo Adapter? Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 WLAN module for use only in Japan If you are having trouble connecting your external device, then you may need to get the codec from them, for that device.  Or you can try using an dongle.   Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Bluetooth-aptX-in-HP-Envy-m6/td-p/5588726
Relevancy 27.09%

Just wondering if there's actually been a fix for this yet, as it seems to be a common problem. Using an HP ENVY m6-1178sa and after scouring the internet high and low, none of the fixes seem to be working at all. Whether using the onboard laptop speakers, external speakers, or headphones, all loud sections in songs are dramatically reduced in volume and the low end is totally sucked out. I've had to revert to listening to music on my phone because Beats makes certain songs borderline unlistenable. If there hasn't been an official fix yet, then I urge you to make one as soon as posible, as sound quality was a major motivation for buying this laptop!

A:Beats Audio compression and volume fluctuation - HP ENVY m6-...

I have exactly the same problem, and it is very annoying.I didnt't buy the laptop for the beats audio, I got it for the other specs.But with the audio like it is, some songs are unlistenable. There are other fixes out there, worked for a while, until I turned it off and then on again.http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-envy-hdx/675228-fix-workaround-beats-audio-volume-problem-levelin... See if that way works for you, and hopefully it's not a temporary fix. Try this update on the driver, seemed to work for me - sp59154.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-compression-and-volume-fluctuation-HP-ENVY-m6/td-p/2578895
Relevancy 27.09%

HP ENVY TouchSmart -j ca Notebook PC ENERGY STAR Model E Z UA nbsp About a month ago I noticed that my Major ENVY issues. sound 15-j178ca TouchSmart HP notebook was having erratic sound issues Mostly I would turn it on and the sound would work for a bit and then my laptop would lag out and suddenly I would have no sound HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j178ca Major sound issues. Whenever this happens the laptop lags really hard when I go to adjust the volume or open the volume mixer or playback menu Sometimes the sound wouldn't be working immediately when I turned it on I have run multiple troubleshooting checks and every single time it says that there is no issue At that time I was using Windows I have since reformatted my entire computer and upgaded to Windows I am still facing the same issue Sometimes when I turn it on I have sound for about minutes and it lags and theres no sound Sometimes I have no sound and playback menu says that sound is still playing sometimes it doesn't The fact that sometimes sound still plays leads me to believe this has to be a software issue I have removed and reinstalled my sound drivers multiple times but it doesn't work I am at a complete HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j178ca Major sound issues. loss and extremely frustrated nbsp What do I do

A:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j178ca Major sound issues.

Hi @dyeitblonde, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that the sound of your laptop stops after the playback starts to lag. I want to help. Please uninstall the audio driver, and download the driver sp63555.exe to install.Also you can review the document below for troubleshooting:HP Notebook PCs - No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10) Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-15-j178ca-Major-sound-issues/td-p/5578793
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello everyone, I just made a clean install of Windows 10 x64 to my dv6, installed all drivers from hp and from windows update. When I plug the charger, everything works fine except that when I want to play music, or watch a video, or play games, the audio (every sound) skips. It simply cannot be heard at all. But when I unplug the charger (when working only with the battery), the audio works fine..  Something else I've noticed is that while not using the charger, my laptop stars to overheat and after a few minutes, it turns off..  I would appreciate all the help you guys could bring to me.. Thank you very much....Some information:Currently running IDT High Definition Audio CODEC  -- 6.10.6498.0  -- 5/12/2013

A:Envy dv6 (beats) audio starts to skip when ac charger discon...

Hi @WookieeFer, Welcome to the HP Forums! I see your HP ENVY dv6-7382la Notebook is having issues with overheating. Try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! Please let me know how this goes. Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-dv6-beats-audio-starts-to-skip-when-ac-charger/td-p/5578319
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello, I had trouble with my bass on my computer so I uninstalled the audio IDT drivers and reinstalled them everything went on great for one day and then the sound was cut off for a unknown reason I tried reinstall the drivers but nothing worked I made one registry modification maybe that's an explaination here is the modification : Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IDT\Apo\GFX\LineOut\plugins\HPTone]"Load"=dword:00000000 Since it cuted off I have try to restart my computer with BIOS default settings, and downloaded the drivers on the hp website but I always have the same message when installing:  Which in English means:  The Hardware is not supported by this package IDT. The installation will be interrupted. I'm desperate and hesitating to format my computer as I have no restore point detected. Please help.......

A:No sound at all on my HP ENVY

Hello @MikeyMike784, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the sound, and wanted to assist you! If the registry edit caused the issue, then you may consider performing  a System Recovery, to put the notebook back to its factory settings.  But first, try reviewing the following document: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from the Speakers (Windows 7) If you are having issues installing the Audio Drivers, try the tool at the following site: Open the Windows Update troubleshooter Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-sound-at-all-on-my-HP-ENVY/td-p/5576550
Relevancy 28.38%

Recently the sound in my speakers has been cutting in and out consistently. Often I have to fiddle with the position of the PC to get it to work, and once it works I cannot move it from the position or touch the computer at all really. Additionally, when I have headphones plugged in, sometimes the sounds will cut into the speakers as well. Again, I have to move it around until the sound stops coming out of the speakers.  Any suggestions??

A:HP Envy Sound Cutting in and Out

Hello @vsb393, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the sound issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can I have the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, it seems like the issue may be hardware related.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 8) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-Sound-Cutting-in-and-Out/td-p/5575369
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Sony X3 Bluetooth speaker it will pair fine but only play sound for about 1 second. Checking all systems shows device working normialy. Thw Somy X3 works with all my other devices so I know its not at fault. There has to be a answer to this.

A:Sony x3 won't work with my Envy L8L14AV

Hey @jeepinslc, You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the Bluetooth on your HP ENVY Notebook - 17t-k200 CTO (ENERGY STAR).  Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! The first document I can provide you with to try and help is called Using Bluetooth Devices. This document may be helpful because it walks you through connecting devices.  The second document I found is called Understanding and troubleshooting Bluetooth wireless technology. This document has other helpful information about drivers, making sure everything is Bluetooth enabled, fixing Bluetooth problems, etc. Have you tried in the Device Manager to update the driver that is currently installed? In the device manager try selecting find new hardware.  Here is a link from Microsoft called Connect to Bluetooth Devices and a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system at the time of purchase or that need updating. If this post helps you to resolve the issue, please pay it forward by clicking "Accept as Solution", to the right of the Thumbs up icon. You can click the thumbs up icon to show gratitude!Please re-post and let me know the detailed results of the troubleshooting steps provided, your Model Number and the answers to the questions above. Thank you for joining in!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sony-x3-won-t-work-with-my-Envy-L8L14AV/td-p/5570983
Relevancy 27.09%

My laptop will not connect to my HP envy printer. It keeps saying the driver is not available or that it's ready but will not connect. I know the printer works because I can print from my phone. Anyone know the driver I need to download or what to do?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP pavilion laptop will not connect to HP envy 7640 printer

Ruizgeraldine Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems with your Envy 7640 printer in Win10 and wanted to help. The problem is that the default HP printer drivers installed by the Win10 Upgrade often do not work.  I have two HP printers and neither one worked after the Win10 upgrade.  We also get lots of posts from other folks with the same problems.I have linked the driver and software page for the Win10 drivers for your printer: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-7640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6617267/model/6617268#Z7_3054ICK0K8UDA0AQC11TA930C7 You need to download and install the Full Feature Software and Drivers for the printer.Then, disconnect the printer and install the software.Do not reconnect the printer until the installer prompts for it.After the install is done, reboot.  You should then be able to use your printer in Win10.Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-pavilion-laptop-will-not-connect-to-HP-envy-7640-printer/td-p/5591533
Relevancy 27.52%

Suddenly my HP ENVY has stopped giving me a low battery notification I have gone through and tried to reset it many different times and nothing seems to work I know that th notifications are on but they just aren't showing up When I go through all of the settings everything seems to look right so I don't really know what is going on Does anyone have suggestions I've looked through some of the battery a HP my showing low notificatio... Envy Why has stopped different forums and been able to do the simpler stuff but I know that some people say to uninstall and reinstall things and I'm not quite brave enough to do that I have done the battery calibration and it says that it's a Good I think that this all happened after I had a update it just randomly disappeared one day I'm really getting sick of my computer just going into sleep mode suddenly it dims the screen around and then when it gets to when it should show the message it just sleeps nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

A:Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Hi @D-Knight, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that the low battery notification does not show on your laptop. I want to help. Here is a link of YouTube video which may help. Let me know if it works.  To say "Thank you", click on the "Thumb up" icon. If the problem is solved, please click on "Accepted as Solution". Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Why-has-my-HP-Envy-stopped-showing-a-low-battery/td-p/5588342
Relevancy 27.52%

i recently purchased an HP ENVY 5530 E printer.  I've downloaded the software on my laptop, connected the printer to my wireless network.  The laptop shows the HP printer and yet the printer does not print.  I get an error message on my laptop telling me that it won't work unless Microsoft One Drive starts.  It seems to be ridiculously harder to set up a printer on my laptop than it did 10 years ago.  Plus, the fact that I have to register on your website and TYPE my issues to you instead of just picking up a cellphone and calling seems RIDICULOUS at best.   

A:My laptoop does not appear to connect my HP ENVY 5530 printe...

Itdauwqy Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about not being able to print on your printer from win10 and wanted to help.Your comments tend to indicate that you are trying to print something stored on OneDrive -- which would generate that kind of error messsage. Since you apparently downloaded and installed the HP printer software on your laptop, then there should be a shortcut on your desktop to the printer (there is one on MY Win10 laptop!).  If you double-click that, it will pop open a windows indicating it's getting information, and then, it will open a browser window to the printer.  This is a web-based tool for managing your printer -- which is automatically installed by the HP software. You'll see in the Print section, a heading Maintain Your Printer. You click that, you get another popup while it loads, then you get another Window, and in there,  you see Print Quality Diagnostics Page -- select that. If that prints, and it should, then clearly the problem is NOT with the printer, but with how you have default printing and OneDrive configured in your Win10 setup. Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptoop-does-not-appear-to-connect-my-HP-ENVY-5530/td-p/5591763
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi i bought a fantastic Envy - sl in the Used only for working with a small load However suddenly my wlan card Ralink stopped to work and disappear from my system and devices Now the wlan's indicator led is always RED WLAN Envy Disappeared 6-1100sl Card also if the Plane mode is deactivated Tryed to remove and reinstall many times the official driver from http support hp com it-it drivers selfservice hp-envy-ultrabook- - model Z but it doesn't worked and now the Envy 6-1100sl WLAN Card Disappeared only way to use wireless is using an external Envy 6-1100sl WLAN Card Disappeared USB wlan card I am waiting to receive a new SSD to speed up my ultrabook i will try to do a clean install of windows on my new SSD hoping to get working back Envy 6-1100sl WLAN Card Disappeared the integrated Ralink Wireless card nbsp My questions nbsp Can i try any trick to revive that hardware before new clean installation nbsp What i can do if after the clean installation the wlan card still does not appear nbsp Thanks Salvatore nbsp nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Envy 6-1100sl WLAN Card Disappeared

Hello @cospps, Thank you for the information! I understand that you performed the hardware test on the WLAN Module, and it stated that the card was not installed.  I understand that you checked the card, to see if it is installed properly.  If you are still having trouble, then you may consider replacing the WLAN Module.  You could possibly test the card on another compatible device.  I hope this helps. Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Envy-6-1100sl-WLAN-Card-Disappeared/td-p/5590023
Relevancy 27.09%

How To:  Stream Movie/Video from HP 15t Envy Laptop (Windows 10) to Samsung UN55HU8500 4k TV.

A:Stream Movie/Video from HP 15t Envy Laptop (Windows 10) to ...

Hi, What is your HP 15t Envy x360 ? The question is does it support this work ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Stream-Movie-Video-from-HP-15t-Envy-Laptop-Windows-10-to/td-p/5591656
Relevancy 24.51%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 27.95%

HP Envy 360 = I changed the batteries in my wireless mouse and had to re-pair it with bluetooth.   In doing so, the bluetooth icon disappeared from my task bar.  I went in manually through settings and into the devices folder.  The bluetooth button is off and when I try to turn on, it will not let me.   Under "more bluetooth options", I tried to restore the settings, but I received a message stating the bluetooth device is unplugged. At this time, I am unable to use my mouse. 

A:HP Envy 360 = Bluetooth has become unplugged and am unable t...

Hi @sparks2550, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process.  When posting it is important to include your specific model of Envy and the operating system you are using.  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I understand that you were not having any issues with your Bluetooth until you had to change the battery in the mouse. When you went to re- pair the mouse, the Bluetooth icon was missing. When you tried to manually turn the Bluetooth on, you could not. Under more Bluetooth options when you tried to restore the settings, you got the message that the Bluetooth device is unplugged. Here is a link to HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8).  Have you done all your Windows updates?  Have you run the HP Support Assistant ? Have you run the Windows troubleshooter? You could also try resetting the Bluetooth.  As you did not supply your operating system you will need to choose the correct one for the operating system you have. Step 1. Go to Device Manager.Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want.Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software...".Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software".Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" listStep 8. Finally, select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link". If you are still unable to pair with a Bluetooth device try the following: Step 1. Search for "Change device" in the Windows 8 Start menu. Step 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings. Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option. Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app option.Step 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose. As well you can try this: Step 1: Go to "RUN" (Windows Logo + R) and type ?services.msc? and EnterStep 2: Now find ?Bluetooth Support Service? and double click on itStep 3: Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotesStep 4. Click on ?This Account?Step 5: Now remove any passwords leave the password field blankStep 6: Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start" Click it You can also check  the Power Management tab and unchecked the box that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."   Reset Bluetooth Windows 10 Next try these steps: Step 1. Go to Device Manager and click on Bluetooth to expand the list.Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you wantStep 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" listStep 8. Finally, select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"  While you are in Device Manager right click on your Bluetooth device and choose properties Click the power management tab.  If allow this computer to turn off this device to save power is checked please remove and click apply. If you are still unable to pair with a Bluetooth device try the following: Step 1.Type" change device" into CortanaStep 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings. Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option. Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app optionStep 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose As well you can try this Step 1: Go to Cortana  and type ?services.msc? and  press Ente... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-360-Bluetooth-has-become-unplugged-and-am-unable-to/td-p/5590089
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello nbsp My laptop won't pick up wireless networks any TouchSmart... ENVY on Cannot detect my HP any wireless networks at all - I'm having what seems like a Cannot detect any wireless networks on my HP ENVY TouchSmart... few different problems nbsp nbsp Because the laptop won't pick up any wireless networks I can't of course connect to the internet without using my ethernet cable nbsp nbsp When I try to turn my adapter on using the F key all it does is toggle airplane mode - which isn't going to help me connect to the internet nbsp nbsp When I go to 'Network' under PC Settings I can toggle airplane mode but the bluetooth is greyed out and can't be toggled and it doesn't even give me an option to turn back on my wifi adapter nbsp nbsp When I went into the Network and Sharing Center to enable the adapter that way under 'Change Adapter Settings' I couldn't even see the adapter listed there nbsp All it showed was Ethernet and Hamachi because I use LogMeIn Hamachi on my computer nbsp By this point I was like Oh great - the adapter might somehow not even be there even though it was last night I was online wirelessly the night before so I went into the device manager and then expanded Network Adapters I only saw the same two Ethernet and LogMeIn adapters nbsp nbsp So next I tried downloading the adapter - but the problem is I have no idea what kind my laptop is supposed to have nbsp Going to the download drivers section in the support area of the hp website I found many options and none of them seemed to work nbsp I also tried redownloading the Wireless Button Driver whatever that's called and that didn't work nbsp nbsp I even tried doing a system restore to a point of about a week ago - this also did not solve my problem because the same things were happening and the same things I tried above still are not solving the problem either nbsp I know countless other people have had the same problem s mentioned above simple Google search told me that with their HP ENVY Notebook PCs so I'm hoping that someone can help me and finally solve this problem for me nbsp The model nbsp is HP ENVY TouchSmart m j dx the model number is E A UA ABA and my computer is running Windows -bit nbsp On another note here's the names of the only adapters that show up in my device manager list one is for LogMeIn Hamachi nbsp Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Ethernet LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter Hamachi nbsp The wireless was working fine before with Hamachi installed so I doubt that has any significance nbsp If there's any other information you need that I did not mention above feel free to ask me nbsp I look forward to someone replying as soon as possible and being able to find a solution to this problem for me nbsp EDIT One other thing I should mention is that the wifi in my location is working fine for every other device I try phone gaming console other people's laptops desktops etc

A:Cannot detect any wireless networks on my HP ENVY TouchSmart...

Hello dginther, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand wireless is not working properly. If the issue just began occurring, I would perform a system restore. I want you to bring the computer back to the earliest restore point possible, in an attempt to dodge whatever caused the issue. Here is a document on how to perform a System Restore: System Restore Next, please try the steps in this HP document: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 8) These steps should be enough to resolve the issue. If not, you can try a manual reinstall of the driver: 1. Go into Device Manager, then Network adapters.2. Right-click on the wireless driver, and select "Uninstall".3. Restart the computer. This will force the driver to reinstall itself. Please let me know the results of your troubleshooting. Thanks! Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cannot-detect-any-wireless-networks-on-my-HP-ENVY-TouchSmart/td-p/4129368
Relevancy 27.09%

When I try certain websites internet explorer stops working, next it says looking for a solution and then it stops working and shuts down on the website.  It only happens on certain ones, some happen right away others you can surf longer than others.  Eventually it happens on all websites.Please help!  

A:HP ENVY laptop internet explorer stops working

Hi ,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the network. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please get back to me and I will help you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-ENVY-laptop-internet-explorer-stops-working/td-p/5586951
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi I had an HP Pavillion for a number of years and last week I found myself unable to connect to the network nbsp This was the first in a long line of events that ended up with the computer completely dying - wireless HP Brand working adapter not new Envy and me having to buy a new one nbsp I now have a brand new HP Envy notebook and EXACTLY the same is happening nbsp I've been through Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working all the recommended steps on the self help guide on here made sure all the wireless drivers are up to date and the troubleshooter is coming up with the Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working following nbsp Problem with wireless adapter or access pointA cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken nbsp Thankfully I'm able Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working to connect via an ethernet lead but this is obviously not a fix nbsp Why would this happen on a brand new computer and be an identical issue to what I had on my old computer the wifi and router are working fine in general other devices connect with no problems nbsp Please can someone help me I have a lot of work to do this weekend and the helpline isn't open until Monday Please bear in mind that whilst I'm confident in using a computer I'm not at all confident in doing back end stuff and working with registry keys or anything like that nbsp I'd appreciate some guidance Thank you nbsp Caroline

A:Brand new HP Envy - wireless adapter not working

CarolineDBC Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your WiFi not working on your new PC and wanted to help.Since this is a relatively new machine, instead of struggling for hours to fix it yourself, why not just let HP fix it -- for free!!  You should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Brand-new-HP-Envy-wireless-adapter-not-working/td-p/5586961
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I am after parts to replace the housing on a laptop I dropped in the car park.  It landed on the corner.  There has been no damage to any of the hardware, but the housing needs replacing and I cannot find any of the parts to actually do this. Is it possible for me to purchase the following items anywhere?   Bottom Base Enclosure: 774554-001Top Cover(United Kingdom) with Backlight: 763935-031Display Back Cover: 763693-001

A:HP ENVY 17-k251na - replacement housing

Hi, Please try HP Stores, eBay or Amazon such as:     http://www.amazon.com/774554-001-BASE-ENCLOSURE-NSV-BBY/dp/B00PDD4X52    http://www.amazon.com/HP-763693-001-DISPLAY-BACK-COVER/dp/B00PDDDHQI Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-ENVY-17-k251na-replacement-housing/td-p/5585358
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, I have bought HP Envy Notebook 17T recently in US. But from start Touch was not working and I thought that this laptop doesnt support Touch. But after reading several post I found that this laptop supports Touch, but somehow the drivers are missing and I am not able to find the drivers for this Touch screen. In Device Manager, under "Human Interface Devices", I could only find "HID-complaint wireless radio controls" and "HP Wireless Button Driver". I didn't find any other options to enable touch in my Laptop. Please find the below screenshot for reference.  Please assist me in making the touch screen working at the earliest. I have spoke to HP Customer care and they registered a case reference number as well. Please see the reference number "3027751069" for more details on the conversations. Please do the needful. Thanks,Vinoth Karunanithy

A:HP Envy Notebook 17T touch is not working

Hi there @VinothK,  Welcome to the HP Support Community! I read your post and wanted to reach out to help you! Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) so that I can assist you better?Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Please download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. Have you done all of your Windows Updates?Have you tried to find new hardware in the device manager?Have you downloaded or installed any new tool or programs?  Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?Have you tried to Perform a hard reset?Have you tried to Update the BIOS and graphics driver?Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?Have you tried to Configure the touch display? Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks!Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-Notebook-17T-touch-is-not-working/td-p/5595295
Relevancy 27.95%

hello it is indeed very sad for me to type in problem Envy 6 1002tx hinge HP here with the HP Envy 6 1002tx hinge problem same subject It's been less than months since the same problem creeped up I had earlier also complained the same thing regarding the recurring hinge problem of HP Envy model which i own This problem keeps happening again and again and is irritating to the end So far HP had given me the extended warranty but this hinge problem looks ridiculous I would not have had complained if it was some other problem but this hinge problem has been recurring and will continue to do so This is because of the flawed design and as a customer it really is disappointing as HP has failed to provide any long lasting solution The temporary make up only further aggravates the problem nbsp This is probably the fifth or the sixth time in the last years I am facing the cracked hinge problem of my laptop and it looks like HP might well lose out on one more customer nbsp Thank you

A:HP Envy 6 1002tx hinge problem

@AnandRao?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-6-1002tx-hinge-problem/td-p/5239458
Relevancy 27.09%

It seems from the forum posts that there are many many people with the same issue, and no solution to the problem!  When will HP take responsibility for this issue and provide a solution? The issue is the "Touchsmart" screen is no longer responding to touch!!!  What's the point of a touch screen laptop if it does not respond to touch!!!! I have been through all the proposed solutions ... device manager... etc. etc... but still nothing... Under System: Pen and Touch it says: It says no pen or touch input is available for this display Please can HP help its customers resolve this issue?

A:HP Envy - Touchsmart Touch Screen Not Working - Windows 10

Hello @HP-Envy, Welcome back to the HP Forums! I came across your post and want to help you restore the functionality of the touchscreen on your HP ENVY TouchSmart m7-j120dx. This seems to be a driver related issue, but could be related to something else as well. To being, please perform a hard reset. Next, I recommend restoring the BIOS so the notebook will research the hardware that it has installed. HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS Once the BIOS restoration is complete follow the steps in this touchscreen troubleshooting document, I know you have completed most of the steps from it but doing it after the BIOS restoration is key. HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10)(If component tests is not an option in step four of that document, use the testing for hardware failures document) HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) I look forward to your reply with the results!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-Touchsmart-Touch-Screen-Not-Working-Windows-10/td-p/5564982
Relevancy 27.09%

The laptop: HP Envy TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC (15-j173cl)Windows 8.1 Pro The problem: I use an external monitor, so my laptop is usually shut.  Randomly, my touch screen THINKS something is touching it, which disrupts whatever I'm doing.  I would like to disable the touch screen completely, as I do not use it at all. I thought maybe the latch wasn't closing properly, but the screen resolution changes when I shut the laptop, so it KNOWS it's closed and switches to the proper resolution for my external monitor, but it DOES NOT disactivate the touch screen, and some dirt or something is touching it, changing where my mouse is pointed, where I am typing, etc. I have tried cleaning the screen and keyboard with compressed air. The problem happens randomly; sometimes when I CAD for the day, sometimes after hours of working.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Disable touch screen for HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j173cl Notebo...

Hello, @rockspeak Welcome to the HP Forums.I see that you're looking to disable the touch feature in your notebooks display. I will help you with this. You can do this by going into Device Manager > click the + or > by Human Interface Devices > right click on HID-compliant touch screen > choose disable. This will have disabled the touch ability. Let me know if this works for you.Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Disable-touch-screen-for-HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-15-j173cl/td-p/4555674
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi all. I've tried NUMEROUS way to make any version of the Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphic driver work on this used HP Envy m4-1150la  machine that works great under a Windows 10 upgrade (everything else was able to be updated and works flawlessly). I've gone back and forth uninstalled, reinstalling, upgrading, etc etc to no avail. I kee getting a Code 43 from Windows ("Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".  I've attempted to get an answer from Intel and Microsoft about this issue to no avail. Anyone encounter this error, or am I just out of luck and have to look into a new product? Thank you.

A:Intel hd graphics 4000 windows 10 driver for the Envy m4

Hi: Since I don't know what you have tried, if you have not tried this, give it a shot... Uninstall the graphics adapter (check the uninstall driver box too) and restart the machine so you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to show up under the Display Adapters device manager category. Download and install this free file utility.  The second file listed is for 64 bit. http://www.7-zip.org/ Download and save, but do not run this graphics driver file from your notebook's support page. This package provides the driver that enables the IntelHigh-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. If high-definition multimediainterface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package alsoinstalls the HDMI Audio Driver. File name: sp63753.exe After you download the graphics driver file, right click on it and select 7-Zip from the list of options. Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp63753). After that is done go to the device manager and click to expand the Display Adapters device category. Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver. Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created. Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way. Then restart the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Intel-hd-graphics-4000-windows-10-driver-for-the-Envy-m4/td-p/5592871
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello all, HEELLPP!! Recently, one of my two HP Envy 17 notebooks has started to grey out on certain websites that have fillable fields on them.  Even logging into this forum is'nt allowed. The other is perfectly fine.  Has anyone either heard of this issue or knows of a suitable fix?? Thank you in advance!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:envy 17 grey screen

notyetdead Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I use Win10 every day but have not run into any "greying out" issues with websites -- but then, I am careful to avoid using that half-baked, crippled, buggy excuse for a Browser that MS forced on us known as EDGE!! If you are running into this problem using Edge, then try using a different Browser. If you must use an MS-supplied Browser, then switch over to using IE.  IF that works, consider following these instructions to make IE the default (if you want it to BE the default):  Solved How to reset IE as default browser instead of Edge - Windows 10 Forums Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/envy-17-grey-screen/td-p/5590028
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to install Office 2007 from the original DVD via an external driveon a new  Envy 13 with a quad HD display, but the installation screen is minimised although the text  is full sized  so that only a small part of the screen is visible (none of the input fields).  The option to maximise the screen is greyed out and changing the display resolution doesn't make any difference. HP technical support referred me to Microsoft who referred me back to HP!  Has anybody else encountered this problem and found a way around it?

A:Envy 13 QHD display minimising installation window for MS Of...

SHiggi Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about problems installing MS Office and wanted to help.Create a folder on your hard drive, insert the Office DVD, do not let it run (or cancel if it starts), and copy all the files and folders from the DVD to that folder. Then, right-click on setup.exe in that folder and choose Run as administrator.  That will start the installer and you should then get a standard size display. I have installed Office 2010 this way, so it should work with Office 2007. Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Envy-13-QHD-display-minimising-installation-window-for-MS/td-p/5586551
Relevancy 27.52%

I have updagraded to windows 10 after upgradation my hp envy touchsmart m6 sleekbook blink screen on windows 10 each time when charger plugin. Kindly help Thanks in advance!!! 

A:hp envy touchsmart m6 sleekbook blink screen

Hey @Waqas10075, I understand you're having some trouble with the display blinking after upgrading to Windows 10. I would be happy to help. Please follow the steps in this document, and get back to me with the results: HP PCs - Blinking or Flashing Screen After Upgrading to Windows 10 If this helps, hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-envy-touchsmart-m6-sleekbook-blink-screen/td-p/5586819
Relevancy 27.95%

I recently had to replace the power button board on my laptop after the original part broke. The last time my computer worked before the power button board broke, the battery was at 70% and afterwards I couldn't turn on my computer. Recently I received the replacement part and installed it into my computer. However when I try to turn on my computer it still does not work. When I plug in the adapter it does not turn on the nearby led and does not warm up at all. I tried to use only battery power however that does not work either. I have already looked through the guide (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372748 )and nothing seems to be the problem. I have yet to replace the battery or adapter because I am unsure if those are the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-x360-Not-Responsive-to-Boot-Up/td-p/5596428
Relevancy 28.38%

Dear Support after the "Please Wait" screen the Nootbook starts Up, but with a blackscreen. i can move the mouse. I can't press any key. i also can't change the boot ordner because i also can't go into the bios (Uefi). Thanks for your helpJ. Simmen 

A:HP Envy Blackscreen

Hello @DerToaster16, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the TouchScreen issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo... Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Envy-Blackscreen/td-p/5592680
Relevancy 27.52%

This is the second time that my laptop has suddenly shut down and dumped all the battery power nbsp As it's a very battery intensive laptop I almost always run it plugged in to the mains nbsp On both occasions - Sudden dump shutdown and 17 Envy battery I have left Envy 17 - Sudden shutdown and battery dump the laptop for a couple of minutes and would expect it to have gone into 'sleep' mode However when I move the mousepad there is no response and when I then press the power button there is no response nbsp I have discovered via the retailer I purchased it from that Envy 17 - Sudden shutdown and battery dump I have to remove the battery hold down the power button for seconds to drain any residual power and then reinsert the battery and it will power up nbsp However the display then shows that the battery has been drained entirely of power Has a sudden drain taken place causing the laptop to shut down and require this form of restart Can anyone explain what is happening and if there is a fix available

A:Envy 17 - Sudden shutdown and battery dump

grazzenger Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about battery problems and wanted to help. It could be a combination of battery faults and a charger not fully charging the battery.Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:HP Notebook PCs - Using and Testing the AC Power Adapter | HP Customer SupportHP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) | HP Customer SupportHP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista) | HP Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-17-Sudden-shutdown-and-battery-dump/td-p/5590929