Windows Support Forum

New Owner - Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11

Q: New Owner - Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11

Good evening everyone -Just picked up the system on 11 Win10 Cloudbook update - problem New Owner in the Subject line and the first thing I did was spring open the case to see what I could upgrade nothing The memory and eMMC drive are integrated on the MoBo Darn it nbsp OK so I'm stuck at G G nbsp Now I'd like to update to v but nbsp I New Owner - Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 have an empty formatted GB SD card in the slot - but the W update script does not check for open space on attached devices nbsp nbsp I am seeing some warnings in the compatcheck log files like - - Warning WMIHelper GetHardwareId CoInitializeSecurity failed Error x - - Info CompatEnvironment Initialize Device Id is c c fd a e cc bc f and - - Warning nbsp BCDUtil NTFileCompressed nbsp NTFileCompressed failed SclFileCompressedXP pszFileName nbsp and - - Warning nbsp MemoryInfo GetPhysicalSize Failed to Get physical memory from kernel dll errocode all the rest of the entries in the compatcheck file are Info related nbsp nbsp All ideas suggestions are appreciated in advance nbsp Mods I could not find a Cloudbook-specific forum so I put it here nbsp Thanks and glad to be here --DanDaBald nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/New-Owner-Win10-update-problem-on-Cloudbook-11/td-p/453620
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New Owner - Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 105.78%

Greetings I recently purchased an Aspirt One Cloudbook and it will NOT complete the Windows version update nbsp This system came from the factory with a eMMC of only gigs I was told that this upgrade requires gigs to upgrade nbsp As such -- it appears that this is an ACER flaw or Microsoft flaw in that I find it a tad frustrating that nbsp I bought this thing but it can't even complete a simple upgrade nbsp I'm a tech guy so I've already went through the rounds of dealing with a great tech of Acer and the only answer was sorry you're system doesn't have enough space -- so really at this point all I want to do is make sure either ACER or Microsoft knows this problem on Win10 11 update Cloudbook to avoid others from purchasing this system Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 and yes having any kind of external storage does NOTHING from a CLEAN install the system is left with just a hair over gigs out of then the auto updates start and suck the eMMC dry leaving you with about a gig left and the last update requires gigs you can't transfer any program files anywhere and you're just doomed again I already had a tech remote into this dog and watchh him her painfully do everything I already thought of nbsp Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 The only way I could this thing ever being able to work is if I had the latest Windows as an ISO with all it's patches alredy combined -- anyway That's all folks nbsp Anyone who had the same issue would be interesting to hear if there was a work around nbsp Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 System specs nbsp Acer One Cloudbook AO - -C DW SN edited to comply with guidelines SNID nbsp edited to comply with guidelines BIOS Version nbsp V Microsoft Windows Home -bit Intel Celeron N GHz GB GB Hynix HAG e EMMC

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Win10-update-problem-on-Cloudbook-11/td-p/441595/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 105.78%

Greetings I recently purchased an Aspirt on Win10 Cloudbook update 11 problem One Cloudbook and it Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 will NOT complete the Windows version update nbsp This system came from the factory with a eMMC of only gigs I was told that this upgrade requires gigs to upgrade nbsp As such -- it appears that this is an ACER flaw or Microsoft flaw in that I find it a tad frustrating that nbsp I bought this thing but it Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 can't even complete a simple upgrade nbsp I'm a tech guy so I've already went through the rounds of dealing with a great tech of Acer and the only answer was sorry you're system doesn't have enough space -- so really at this point all Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11 I want to do is make sure either ACER or Microsoft knows this to avoid others from purchasing this system and yes having any kind of external storage does NOTHING from a CLEAN install the system is left with just a hair over gigs out of then the auto updates start and suck the eMMC dry leaving you with about a gig left and the last update requires gigs you can't transfer any program files anywhere and you're just doomed again I already had a tech remote into this dog and watchh him her painfully do everything I already thought of nbsp The only way I could this thing ever being able to work is if I had the latest Windows as an ISO with all it's patches alredy combined -- anyway That's all folks nbsp Anyone who had the same issue would be interesting to hear if there was a work around nbsp System specs nbsp Acer One Cloudbook AO - -C DW SN edited to comply with guidelines SNID nbsp edited to comply with guidelines BIOS Version nbsp V Microsoft Windows Home -bit Intel Celeron N GHz GB GB Hynix HAG e EMMC

A:Win10 update problem on Cloudbook 11

I have the same issue.  Spent 3+ hours with Microsoft Support remote.  Three Techs involved. During final stages of upgrade system "reverts to previous version."MS Tech conclusion: "Take computer to local shop and have more memory installed..."System Specs:AO1-131-C1G932GB eMMCUSB thumb drive attached 168GBWindows 10 Home 64-bit

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Win10-update-problem-on-Cloudbook-11/td-p/441595
Relevancy 65.36%

i have a couple laptops that both came with windows 8.1 that im going to be selling. both were upgraded to win10 during the free upgrade period and both are currently on anniversary edition. when i look at the activation page, it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". naturally, i will reset windows before sale so does this mean the new owner will not be able to activate windows 10 since it wont be done with my acct? do i need to track down restore media for each and put win8 back on?

A:is the free win10 upgrade transferable to another owner?

That's actually very interesting because historically and even when I had my stint on Windows 10, the license is tied to the machine, not the user. What I would do is reset those laptops and set them up with a local account and see if the activation status is an issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445645-free-win10-upgrade-transferable-another-owner.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I purchased the Aspire One Cloudbook A01-431 with Windows 10 64bit. I am trying to install Win7 but I receive the following message during the installation process"Bios is not fully acpi compliant" I also tried to install WinXP but same message. I also tried to install Win7 directly from Windows 10 but during the process an error message shows up that some driver is not compatible. This shows up when the Window appears where the drive can be chosen to install Win7. Therefore, how do I update BIOS maybe this solves the issue. I can download the files but there is no manual. I want to be careful so I am looking for a manual. Thank you for your replies

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-One-Cloudbook-A01-431-how-to-update-BIOS-to-avoid-message/td-p/440702/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I purchased the Aspire One Cloudbook A01-431 with Windows 10 64bit. I am trying to install Win7 but I receive the following message during the installation process"Bios is not fully acpi compliant" I also tried to install WinXP but same message. I also tried to install Win7 directly from Windows 10 but during the process an error message shows up that some driver is not compatible. This shows up when the Window appears where the drive can be chosen to install Win7. Therefore, how do I update BIOS maybe this solves the issue. I can download the files but there is no manual. I want to be careful so I am looking for a manual. Thank you for your replies

A:Aspire One Cloudbook A01-431 how to update BIOS to...

I suggest that you leave the current bios version alone. First, have you tried to enter the bios menu and turn off the secure boot option? Jack E/NJ    

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-One-Cloudbook-A01-431-how-to-update-BIOS-to-avoid-message/td-p/440702
Relevancy 59.34%

ambient noise (wind and map noises etc.) and quickswitching gun sounds are extremely loud while everything else is quiet, also the click sound of moving my pointer over the menus is super loud as well..sound is overall unbalanced or w.e you might call it...the only difference i noticed is I have a new realtek HD audio manager in my taskbar. It appears that its detecting my headphones as speakers now maybe? but im not sure and I cant seem to find any setting to change that regardless.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/65594-csgo-sound-problem-after-win10-update.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an HP Envy 15 laptop running Win 10, and a few days ago the sound just cut out. I've tried the usual reinstallation of both the IDT HD audio driver and the generic Windows audio driver, as well as finding the latest drivers on the HP website, to no avail. On the occasional restart, I have sound briefly upon boot for about 10 seconds, then it disappears. There seem to be other effects too: volume control in the taskbar seems to be very slow and laggy to respond to mouse clicks, and the control panel sound window also lags. When I test the speakers in the control panel, the volume bars light up as usual, and troubleshooting seems to indicate nothing wrong with my audio, despite there being no sound.

Really frustrated as there seems to be nothing else I can do, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61542-win10-anniversary-update-no-sound-driver-problem-something-else.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This picture shows how my name has been changed in User Accounts and in regedit, as displayed by running winver, but yet all my files are still found at C:\Users\Owner.
When I go to C:\Users, the Owner folder is locked and cannot be renamed even though my account type is administrator, as seen here.
How do I really change the name from Owner to a name of my choosing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-owner-name-in-regedit-user-accounts-but-files-are-still-at-c-users-owner.1064404/
Relevancy 53.32%

I purchased my HP from a big computer store with Vista home installed on it It was an out of the box sale I thought I could avoid a wait for the to new by Change owner/administrator held owner references all previous comptuer I wanted The company Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner that sold it to me was listed as the administrator The old owner took off their password before I took possession of the computer I purchased I followed instructions on how to put on a password to start the computer However there are dozens of fiels named after the previous administrator I tried to find out how to change the administrator globally to my name There is still an administrator account name and it appears the previous administrator is still above my permission status - even though i am the computer owner don't think I am the ultimate administrator yet I read that not being able to use screen print was a result of not being the administrator I can't make the screen print work either I assume some members have dealt with these matters before I would greatly appreciate anyone directing me to some good quot how to fix quot information Thank you and boy do I miss XP

A:Change all references held by previous owner/administrator to new owner

Hi gerevent and welcome to the forums

See if you can solve your problems with the aid of the following Tutorial (and the links within).
Dwarf

Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/170721-change-all-references-held-previous-owner-administrator-new-owner.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am thinking of something to mark my video files as watched or not watched on Windows Explorer.

And I have an idea. Showing the owner tab on windows explorer and changing it from rightclick as watched. So I created a new user profile named WATCHED. And I tried this code from cmd.

Code:
icacls D:\Folder\TvSeries\video.720p.mkv /grant WATCHED:F /q
It grants WATCHED user as a owner but on windows explorer it shows the main one. So It doesn't making any difference. How can I fix that?

A:Adding a new owner for the file, explorer doesn't update

Why not keep it simple and put a @ or similar as the first character of the movie name after you've watched it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324917-adding-new-owner-file-explorer-doesnt-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59127-update-history-missing-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59127-update-history-missing-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently bought an Acer AX3810 with Vista 7 Home Premium 64 bit from the widow of my neighbor. I had transferred all his personal files and copied all the photographs to an external hard drive for her then deleted all the files using "Eraser". I cannot seem to be able to delete the previous owner as administrator. His file has a little padlock symbol on it. I changed his name to mine in the "Manage user accounts" but no matter, it is still "him" that is logged on. I created a new account in my name and then changed the status from standard to administrator but he is still "there". I feel like I am being haunted. Any ideas?

A:New owner but cannot remove previous owner as administrator

You could do a clean install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321987-new-owner-but-cannot-remove-previous-owner-administrator.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Haha, I don't know what else to call it, but how do you change the owner where it says C:/User/Owner

Thanks

A:How do I change the owner in C:/user/owner

Hello Nick, and welcome to Vista Forums.

The only way to change the C:\Users\Owner folder name is to create a new administrator account, then delete the old C:\Users\Owner account from within the new account. Be sure to copy the contents that you want to save from the old accounts user folders into the corresponding new account's user folders to restore them to the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

P.S.
Is this you to?
User profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218268-how-do-i-change-owner-c-user-owner.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Can't update from win 8.1 to win 10 on a S7-392. First a BSOD saying PC needs to restart and msg "KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQ". Then win 8.1 is restored and show msg Error C1900101-40017. All drivers updated prior to win10 update attempt. How to solve that? Thx.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Win10-update/td-p/436872/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.02%

I have win7 and every time I Delette the KB3035583 file from my Win Update list the UpDate window down by the Clock in the system try goes away.

But in about a Day it will come back telling me to UpGrade to Win10.

Now I know even if I Delette the file KB3035583 I also have to Click Hide the icone..

What I do not get is if I am Deletting it why do I have to click the Hide Tab?

To me this means that it will always be here I just wont see it.

Am I right?

A:Win10 Update

When you see KB3035583 in the Windows update downloads, right-click it and select hide.

That's it ... until Microsoft makes a change to it and re-releases it. And if and when they do, you'll have to repeat the above procedure.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594186/win10-update/
Relevancy 49.02%

Can't update from win 8.1 to win 10 on a S7-392. First a BSOD saying PC needs to restart and msg "KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQ". Then win 8.1 is restored and show msg Error C1900101-40017. All drivers updated prior to win10 update attempt. How to solve that? Thx.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Win10 update

Solved. Forgot to upgrade Bios. After that, everything worked fine. Thx.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Win10-update/td-p/436872
Relevancy 48.59%

I removed an internal hard drive from a PC that i don't use anymore. The hard drive has Vista Business installed on it. I want to use it as an external 1tb drive now. So I dock the drive on my new Thermaltake BlacX Duet HDD docking station and my laptop recognizes the drive but I have no access to it. I do some web searches and find that I need to change the ownership of the drive. I tried to change it and all I get is the "access denied" error popping up.

Any workarounds to access the drive? Or even format the drive for external use?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey I tried twice now Originally I won't update Win10 anymore My upgraded from Went smooth and in the following months I could update Yesterday after not updating for about months I decided to let it update It downloads updates and then on the final reboot it says unable to update reverting back I went through this twice now and it does take a long time even with a SSD I do use SHUTUP but I have everything open as far as updating now My firewall is set to let updates happen and they do I do have an older mother board Asrock Extreme which was never officially designed for WIN I really have no idea what to do other than try a fresh install which I really don My Win10 won't update anymore t want to do I despise loading and building up my OP s to where I need them anymore When I was fresh to computers I liked fresh installs but now that I am older I just don t feel My Win10 won't update anymore like it and don t have the time And I up a creek without a paddle ty nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/my-win10-wont-update-anymore.1911786/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
I'm the owner of an Inspiron 7520 that I've buied in 2012. I've tried to update my win7HP 64bit SO to win10 on line.
The process has been aborted, I don't know why. Now when I try to power it on my Inspiron shows the DELL logo, then a black screen with a flashing cursor and that's all.
I cannot access recovery menu by pressing F8.
I've tried to install win10 ISO by CD but it doesn't work.
I've tried also to install win7 by the original CD and it apparently works. It starts the installation but then it asks certified drivers. I've tried to insert the CD containing the original drivers by DELL and also to insert a CD containing the SATA controller drivers but it cannot find the drivers.
Can anyone please help me??? Thank you.

A:aborted win10 update

" I've tried to install win10 ISO by CD but it doesn't work ".

Most of the times, those windows 10 ISO on a CD doesn't work, therefore I like to suggest you create a bootable 10 USB flash drive. Please follow steps (click on Show More) in video below.
www.youtube.com/watch

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19965269
Relevancy 48.59%

Does the Windows 10 update on a Aspire S7-392 keeps the RAID 0 working properly?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Win10 update and RAID 0 on a S7-392

It should, IIRC the RAID0 is handled on the SSD module, not through external hardware or software drivers. This means it should be compleely transparent to the OS. I'd suggest verifying that you have the current BIOS installed and, of course, all the latest OS and driver updates. Backup the system then go for it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Win10-update-and-RAID-0-on-a-S7-392/td-p/377383/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.59%

I guess the Tech Guy Support Mail List is no with Update Issues Win10??? longer operating I m getting undelivered email notices I assume this Forum is the replacement Just curious has anyone who upgraded to the new free Update Issues with Win10??? Win OS experienced any issues following the automatic updates We upgraded to Win a couple months ago on our desktop and my wife s laptop no problems with Update Issues with Win10??? the upgrade A couple weeks ago following an update I received a message that CCleaner aka CrapCleaner had been inactivated removed from my desktop pc because the version was incompatible with Win I ve also started received a startup message something to the effect that quot MOM implementation startup routine cannot be activated quot I m not sure what MOM even is but I ve just been deleting the popup notice and all seems to work OK haven t notice Update Issues with Win10??? any other effect I re-installed CCleaner with the latest free version and it seems to work fine Two days ago a day or two following a Win update my wife discovered that her laptop would no longer bring up her Incredimail email client The startup icon is still there but the program won t activate She also found that her Wild Tangent games icon had disappeared a file search failed to find it the program After running an anti-malware scan which failed to find anything I suggested she restore her system to a date two days back before the latest Win automatic update She did the restore and it fixed both problems But when she started up her laptop again yesterday the same thing happened She did another restore and it again fixed the problem Any thoughts on what s going on with this Overall we re well satisfied with Win and I haven t heard or read anything about significant problems with the new OS but am just curious whether others have encountered any update issues Happy to Everyone Lee in the Mountains of Northern California nbsp

A:Update Issues with Win10???

One of the problems with upgrading from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 is that some programs will no longer work after the upgrade or some programs may be uninstalled during the upgrade process.
If you reinstall the current version of Piriform CCleaner, it'll install and work fine.

The "MOM implementation" message appears to be a common problem with computers that have an AMD graphics device and are running Windows 10.
I've seen at least 4 posts here in the past week that have that problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-issues-with-win10.1163454/
Relevancy 48.59%

Both my sons and my gaming boxes got a forced Win10 update last week. I'm running Win10 pro and he's running Win10 home. The update porked our Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titaniums so that the microphone devices became 'undetected'.

Driver reinstall etc. tricks didn't help. Had to roll back the build to a previous release to fix it on both computers.

So finally the forced updates bit me too it seems. At least MS left a very easy way to roll the update back.

I was laughing quietly when Win10 update chose to force a reboot in the middle of my Steam updating. How nice it must be to use Windows for something more critical than gaming. Not!

A:Win10 forced update

You probably just needed to look into the windows settings themselves a bit more, my old Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 runs just fine with Win10 Insider Build 14361.

The new Redstone related things seems to have even pushed the transfer rates up a bit in some areas.

You can also adjust when your computer will update these days, among other things.

https://hardforum.com/threads/win10-forced-update.1902049/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, everyone. I recently bought an E5-473-53c0, DOS. I temporarily installed an unactivated Windows 10 on it so I can use the device. Now, in My Acer homepage, it says Windows 10 update is available for some devices, and when I checked the list, it included E5-473. Will my device be updated to a (legit) Windows 10? If yes, how? I tried the Media Creation tool but it doesn't run. Now, another issue with this device is, the trackpad seems unsupportive of multi-touch. I tried to install ELAN, Synaptics drivers but they wouldn't work. I just find it ridiculous that a core i5 device manufactured June 2015 doesn't have a decent trackpad. Is it really the hardware, or could it be a software issue? My device has installed all updates via Windows Update. Thank you so much. Please help.  

A:Is Win10 update available for E5-473-53c0? Plus tr...

You will need to purchase a Windows license, since your machine didn't come with one. You can purchase a Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 license, then when it's activated update to the latest and greatest.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Is-Win10-update-available-for-E5-473-53c0-Plus-trackpad-issue/td-p/413391/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.59%

I have my updates set to defer upgrades and I am wondering as to how long would it delay a feature update like the Redstone update?

Is there like a certain timeframe to this by having that setting checked?

And what if I decide I want this Redstone update now?
Should I then uncheck Defer updates and run the Check for Updates manually?

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61992-win10-redstone-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

in trying to update my win10 I receive this error message :" can not update because active partition is compressed

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157652.0.html
Relevancy 48.59%

l had an issue with windows update which required me resetting components.. afterwards l made sure to check for the updates l dont want, not one of the get windows 10 ones was present (granted l didnt look at each support article as l was behind by a few on the laptop which l havent started in a little).

however l do have a list of the updates l dont want to install.. yet the win 10 upgrade is back l removed the program dir manually because l couldnt find an associated update.

just wondered if anyone knew if there was a newly labelled one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396053-there-new-win10-upgrade-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Does the Windows 10 update on a Aspire S7-392 keeps the RAID 0 working properly?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Win10 update and RAID 0 on a S7-392

It should, IIRC the RAID0 is handled on the SSD module, not through external hardware or software drivers. This means it should be compleely transparent to the OS. I'd suggest verifying that you have the current BIOS installed and, of course, all the latest OS and driver updates. Backup the system then go for it!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Win10-update-and-RAID-0-on-a-S7-392/td-p/377383
Relevancy 48.59%

We have three computers in our house two laptops one pc On my laptop that has a ssd the new anniversary update loaded straight away but on the other two when I check for latest updates it said there were not any I tried to load from Microsoft site but after a while it said there was an error and stopped the download update Win10 latest on both machines the next day there was an update for the last autumn update on all three computers though one had the anniversary update on it what is going on Also I use Yahoo mail and internet explorer on my laptop that has update yahoo mail will only now open up in the basic mode with a message saying that the web browser is not supported by Microsoft any more it also says this on yahoos compatible browsers when checking Win10 latest update with Microsoft they say they are continuing support for IE can anyone give me a reason for this as it is only happening on my laptop with the update not the other two

A:Win10 latest update

Hi and welcome. You will have to update manually using the Media Creation Tool. Click on the Download Tool button. I've had to do that on two of our machines.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60053-win10-latest-update.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Installing Windows Updates once was a cherished event but recently I am developing anxiety disorder while I install them unless tells me it is complete successfully. Latest update on my laptop is stuck at 45% for couple of days with no progress and retrying send system again to same 45% and stuck again. Is there a better update to remedy this bad update? Update number was something like 1607 I guess.

A:Win10 Update Stuck at 45%

So you're phone and laptop are stuck? 0_o Update 14393.189 Stock at 67%

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439553-win10-update-stuck-45%25.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Dell has decided to abandon a lot of its customer base with its decision to not support the Win10 Anniversary update (1607). I have an XPS 8300 that is not supported. I suppose the only recourse for those of us who are to be treated this way is to abandon Dell as a supplier. No issue with my HP laptops (with older technology) or with my HP desktop.
Thanks, Dell. It is not exactly what one might expect from a business that is customer-focused.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19994194
Relevancy 48.59%

nbsp I tried to update to the edition of Windows in this notebook that already had win ver running properly After downloading the update and start installation Win10 ver to Cannot update 1607 everything went ok until restart time In the middle of rebooting computer stoped showing blue screen with error THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER System unistalled nbsp ver returning to previous version nbsp I tried other two times to update with the same blue screen I Cannot update to Win10 ver 1607 started to look in the forums for help and update all the drivers AMD radeon PCI Cannot update to Win10 ver 1607 etc nbsp By now I am almost certain that the problem is still the display adapter AMD Radeon I have read and followed all instructions in Cannot update to Win10 ver 1607 this forum to update the driver I even went to amd web page and used the auto detect amp update drivers there with no success Still every time that I try to update the blue screen appears again unistalling win updates returning me to the previous version nbsp Can you help me with this Thanks a lot MARCO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cannot-update-to-Win10-ver-1607/td-p/5842609
Relevancy 47.73%

Win7 has not updated in months, not since I downloaded the free Win10, but never let it install. I would like to update Win7, but each time I try, it tries to install Win10. It lists about 97 updates I need but it always starts with downloading Win10. I don't want to install Win10 at this time. Is there a way to update Win7 without installing Win10?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394301-win7-wont-update-but-wants-install-win10.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a G770 Core i5 machine build 7/2011.  Current BIOS is 3.06 and I recently changed from Win7 to Win10 OS.  After getting a Solution Center update to work in Win10, I found that my system is not supported for Win10 (but works fair -freezes intermittently but seems to recover) and also that there was a Win 7 BIOS update (version 11) with release date of 5/20/12. Given my update to Win10 are there any known problems with updating the BIOS?  Is it wise to flash the new BIOS or leave good enough alone? ThanksDana 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G770-BIOS-Update-in-Win10/td-p/3381155
Relevancy 47.73%

A few days ago I lost my desktop wired internet connection changing all the cables and update following connection internet win10 No troubleshooting got me nowhere but going back to a restore point solved the problem I had to do this consecutive days but when the same thing happened on the rd day the restore point I was using was gone from the list amp I was dead in the water Troubleshooting suggested that the problem was with my LAN adapter driver although the Device Manager indicated that the device was working properly Downloading the current driver from Realtek did not solve the problem Besides installing the latest driver I tried un-installing and reinstalling the adapter resetting winsock and flushing the DNS cache I was unable to do ipconfig release and renew because the system couldn't find the adapter I No internet connection following win10 update tried installing a portable WiFi adaper in a USB port but that got me the same error messages as I got with the wired connection The portable WiFi device and the router are working because I'm using them to get online with a Raspberry Pi right No internet connection following win10 update now I suspect there's a Windows conflict that was created by a recent update Windows Helpdesk was not No internet connection following win10 update able to help me Any ideas

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58204-no-internet-connection-following-win10-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Windows Hi-Jack I bought a new AMD a couple of months ago for my wife's use The O S is Win Home Edition SP the same as during Win10 Update Win7 Hi-Jack mine We continually get the unwanted Win free update offer and automatically reject it Well last night during the automatic Windows Update Windows took the matter into their own hands and about pm went ahead and updated the O S on my wife's computer to Win I found out how to reject the installed O S and they said they would re-install the previous version Right And to make matters worse the little message in the Win10 Hi-Jack during Win7 Update lower right hand corner now informs us that we are operating an illegal copy of Win Home Edition I have the original manufacturer's disk and can reinstall the Win Home Edition but we will lose all of those valuable urls plus have to hook-up again with Thunderbird and all the security stuff like Emsisoft This was more than just aggressiveness on the part of MicroSoft it was an unwanted assault What in the world can we do to get back our O S and privacy even from Microsoft

A:Win10 Hi-Jack during Win7 Update

Did the computer come with Windows 7? If so, then you can Activate by Phone, and Microsoft will be able to help you.
As for avoiding the 10 Upgrade, go to Windows Update, and right click the Win 10 Update and Hide it.
You should have a current backup of at least your Personal files, (eg) URL's, Pictures, Music, Documents etc on a USB HDD in case of disaster.
Or once everything is up and smooth you can make an Image file of your C: drive and save it to a USB HDD with Macrium Reflect. If disaster strikes, you boot off of a Macrium Boot CD and choose to Restore Image, browse to your Clone Image file on the external and it will set your computer back to the day it was Imaged

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win10-hi-jack-during-win7-update-1120441.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. I've scheduled my Windows 10 update and received the message it's ready, but decided to stick to Windows 8.1 for a while.

I've uninstalled the famous KB3035583 update and deleted Win10 installation directory.

However Win10 install files keep being downloaded into my machine even though I have not selected this update. I've also changed my Windows Update settings so it wouldn't download any updates but let me decide instead. But it hasn't helped and after every restart the update files start being downloaded.

Can anyone advise me what to do in order to prevent it? None of the solutions listed on WinSupersite seems to be relevant to my situation.

A:Win10 update files keep being downloaded

Brink has a registry mod that has blocked GWX (so far) It has stopped the windows update download and GWX

even after doing a clean install of windows 8.1 - I applied the .reg file and downloaded all the windows updates..

GWX was download as the files and folders are there - but never ran and I never was shown the windows 10 update through windows update.

Get Windows 10 Icon - Remove from Taskbar in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums
Option 3

I went back to windows 8.1 as I have way to many issues with windows 10..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/70010-win10-update-files-keep-being-downloaded.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm so impressed by this little notebook Win10 Anniversary the my in Update loaded Just Int... so I wanted to see if anyone else is still using the old S Bought mine in the end of and I've used it almost every day since It only rested for a year or so when I bought a used G The G is giving Just loaded the Win10 Anniversary Update in my Int... up so it will be replaced today Just loaded the Win10 Anniversary Update in my Int... When Windows became available for free I revived the little sucker and yesterday I loaded the Anniversary Update Took a while okay no double that three times So how am I using my S today It's only use is as a network music player I made Win as small as possible and have Spotify and the media player Winyl External sound card is Sound Blaster X-Fi HD which is connected to my amplifier Some Creative software is also installed Firefox Anti Virus Defragment Tool and a Cleaner some inevitable stuff C is only Gb Oh yes I'm connecting remotely to it with Teamviewer so that is installed as well Digital Audiophiles would probably recommend Server or similar but this works perfect for me nbsp Any other S out there alive and kicking Ideapad S Intel Gb RAM Gb HDD

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Just-loaded-the-Win10-Anniversary-Update-in-my-Intel-S12-Yup-it/td-p/3400380
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear Sir? madam,

Just want to make a complain short, i upgraded my windows7 to windows10 & since i upgrade it can not make a video call in skype and fm messenger anymore.I try troubleshooting it through apps find and fix but it said "Device could not be migrated.
What will i do now? need you to help me please??

Thanks and regards,
Violeta

A:Webcam is not working after WIn10 update

Which notebook model do you have?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84113-Webcam-is-not-working-after-WIn10-update
Relevancy 47.73%

It seems according to the update history, my computer is trying to upgrade itself to Windows 10 automatically. Can it actually do this without asking me? I didn't reserve the upgrade so it shouldn't be trying to upgrade. Did it fail noticing that I didn't reserve the upgrade?

A:Windows Update trying to upgrade to Win10 by itself?

Hi
Try this
Scared and Very Confused - Windows 10

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378745-windows-update-trying-upgrade-win10-itself.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,
so i woke up 2days ago with my laptop (Alienware 15r2) in bootloop while not having done anything so i assume windows forced an update on me. While i got the loop fixed, my AZERTY keyboard was changed to QWERTY(no way to change it even when changing the keyboard layouts), my start menu would not work, some programs would not boot, etc etc.

So i decided to roll back to a previous version, i see now that windows has AGAIN download this faulty update and was wondering if there's something i can do to prevent it from installing(it's already downloaded).

I read somewhere to use Wushowhide.diagcab but it does not show me the update, only driver updates.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65621-prevent-win10-anniversairy-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, here is my situtation:

PC1, gaming station: Windows 7 Professional, with Win10 upgrade reservation and the upgrade icon in the systray.

PC2, working station: new brand PC with nothing installed yet.

If I choose "change product key" in PC1 and I put in another valid licensed key bought in an online store, and I move the old product key to the new PC2 by installing the same Windows 7 Professional, will I be still eligible for the Win10 upgrade in both PC1 and PC2 at 29 Jul?

Thank you

A:Migrating a product key to a new PC and still getting the Win10 update

It depends on the licences you have.

PC1,
if its retail you can move it to any PC you like, ie its totally transferable,
if its an OEM its non-transferable.

The second licence you bought also has to be a retail version, NOT OEM, if it is beware.

Note
The W10 roll-out is still part of the testing program, and there are different options even within this.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375044-migrating-product-key-new-pc-still-getting-win10-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm running an insider version of Windows 10, I had a legitimate version of Win10 before signing up for the Insider program. My problem is that I am getting warnings saying my current version of Windows is going to expire soon, but when I try to update, it fails. It seems to completely download version 14926 every time, but then fails at the installation part - see below.
If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be much appreciated. I'm hoping it'll fix the massive delay when switching users when I do finally get it. Rebooting makes no difference. No updates since 13th Sept.

A:Insider Win10 expiring but can't update.

Might have made some progress with this...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439848-insider-win10-expiring-but-cant-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Yesterday my laptop was updated to Windows 10 1607. I'm having problems since that update. I now have no folder that simply says pictures...only "saved pictures". Also my virtual keyboard doesn't appear like it did before on start...a small problem, but the picture folder problem is a pain. Can I uninstall this update or do I need to keep it? How do I go about uninstalling it if it's okay to do so.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60858-question-re-update-win10-1607-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I Have been using IE 11 since its inception; no real complaints (until now) and since I'm used to it I dread having to change. Since the Windows Anniversary Update IE 11 is a total nightmare. I may as well just throw my laptop away since I can't do anything on it. Yahoo Mail does not recognize IE11 anymore since the update ( I had to adjust the compatibility view settings in order to be able to keep the latest version of Yahoo Mail); of course it took me several day to find this fix after hours of researching the internet!). I realize that anyone using IE11 is experiencing problems (freezing/crashing) and it is beyond frustrating. I don't have time for all it's problems.How long can we expect a fix by Microsoft or am I better to just switch browsers? If I must switch to an other browser, any recommendations are appreciated.

A:Which browser is best to use in Win10 Anniversary Update?

If you are using windows10 it comes with the Edge browser, so I wonder why you are using IE11? I encourage you to use the Firefox browser. Its very user friendly and has excellent performance.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/which-browser-is-best-to-use-in-win10-anniversary-update/736.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15 seconds before going cold again (start menu + keyboard unresponsive, mouse pointer moves open windows but will not activate icons).

So I reverted to the previous version and so far so good. Any one else have this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/58869-win10-anniversary-update-woes.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm running an insider version of Windows 10, I had a legitimate version of Win10 before signing up for the Insider program. My problem is that I am getting warnings saying my current version of Windows is going to expire soon, but when I try to update, it fails. It seems to completely download version 14926 every time, but then fails at the installation part - see below.
If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be much appreciated. I'm hoping it'll fix the massive delay when switching users when I do finally get it. Rebooting makes no difference. No updates since 13th Sept.

A:Insider Win10 expiring but can't update.

Might have made some progress with this...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-insider-preview/439848-insider-win10-expiring-but-cant-update.html
Relevancy 47.73%

BTW & FYI  If one views Update History via CP or via God Mode which, sources same, will show nothing.  > Settings > Update > Advanced options > View your update history  <-- it will show something Cheers,Drew

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572964/view-update-history-in-win10/
Relevancy 47.73%

Downloaded Windows 10 when it was first offered. Have not had any problems. Today I got a message that says there is a new update for Windows 10. When a compatibility test was run everything passed except my display. I have never changed my display, so why isn't it now compatible with the new update?  

A:Have Win10, but a new update says my display is not compatib...

Hi, The following link shows specs of your computer:      http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02503324-2 Not compatible means the chip inside the machine which is  Intel HD Graphics  (video graphics component), not the screen. The machine is a bit old now. Please upgrade then try the following link                 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html OR run Windows 10 updates and it will find a right driver for you: Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Have-Win10-but-a-new-update-says-my-display-is-not/td-p/5702616
Relevancy 47.73%

Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15 seconds before going cold again (start menu + keyboard unresponsive, mouse pointer moves open windows but will not activate icons).

So I reverted to the previous version and so far so good. Any one else have this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58869-win10-anniversary-update-woes.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I was wondering how the upgrade to win 10 will work and if i have to ever reinstaill will my windows 7 key work for a reinstall of windows 10

A:Will my win7 key become a win10 key if i decide to update to windows 1

That level of detail is not clear yet for the "free" upgrade.

You can always buy Windows 10 outright and avoid the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372927-will-my-win7-key-become-win10-key-if-i-decide-update-windows-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All!
When I look at update history I see *my* computer is failing an update to my neighbor's wi-fi printer. I can "see" his printer, but don't have authority to use it.

Error: HP driver update for HP LaserJet Professional CP1520 Series PCL 6 - Error 0x80240017

I'm thinking I need to block updates to that printer on *my* system.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to handle this. Minor issue, but "Grrrr".
Thanks Folks!
/jdU

A:Win10 tries to install update to my neighbor's printer

Why are you seeing his printer on your network?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48878-win10-tries-install-update-my-neighbors-printer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

As you know build is Win Pro and it's supposed to be the RTM So will be pretty close to what the official Win Pro will do My version of feature Update bonus nice Win10 that build is -bit So you can test Win10 Update nice bonus feature this bonus feature yourself in Windows Updates there's a box you can select to receive updates on 'other Microsoft products' I had that checked Last night I was surprised to find that the download didn't merely include the Windows Defender update but also Microsoft Office stuff service packs and bug fixes Surprising because as you probably heard support for MS Office ended last year April or August I don't remember which But I had checked that box and successfully installed the -bit retail version of MS Office on the Win machine I had not installed Outlook yet one of the 'updates' Win installed cuz remember we can't refuse them was for Outlook Even so this is a nice bonus considering that support for MS Office ended Win10 Update nice bonus feature Have you tried installing really old other MS software to your Win and then gotten it updated even though its support period ended

A:Win10 Update nice bonus feature

As with other MS software, going EOL means that they will not engineer any NEW fixes/security updates or product improvements. Fixes/security updates/improvements engineered BEFORE the EOL date continue to be available.

The Outlook update offered when you did not have Outlook officially installed, probably referred to a component normally associated/distributed with Outlook, but which is shared by other MS products (and you had one of those installed).

x64

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583459/win10-update-nice-bonus-feature/
Relevancy 47.3%

I use an external moniter and USB keyboard most of the time, so I like to close my laptop and have it "do nothing". Ever since Windows 10 installed itself on my laptop, I get a Blue Screen of Death whenever I close my lid.This occurs even if I try to have the laptop sleep or hibernate.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G700-Crashes-When-Closing-Lid-After-Win10-update/td-p/3462546
Relevancy 47.3%

Took machine back to Win8.0.

Used media create tool to go straight back to Win10. Dumped me onto Build 1511.

Verified MS Account, Trusted This PC and set Insider Builds to Fast Ring.

Restarted. Still at here on 1511. Tells me my machine is 'up to date'.

A:*twiddles thumbs* How do I force Win10 to update?

Hello,

Keep checking off and on. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to become available.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/51000-twiddles-thumbs-how-do-i-force-win10-update.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech support and on my own. Documents are sitting in the print queue, but my printer will not print them.

I am not the only person in this situation; and we are tired of explaining that we know what the steps are, and have done them all several times. Hours have been spent on this matter, and I am fed up. Can this matter be escalated past the Windows 10 tech support?

A:Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

This is not a Microsoft 10 issue. When MS does a major update, manufacturers must also update their drivers for the new OS.
What is the make and model# of your Printer?
First, go to Start/Devices and Printers. Is there more then one of your printers listed? If so, right click and Remove Device of any duplicated or greyed out printers that are no longer on your system. Highlight your existing printer and choose See What's Printing, go to toolbar to Document/Cancel. Cancel all documents in the queue.
Once the queue is cleared, right click the printer and Remove Device
NowGo to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand Printers, right click your Printer and Uninstall it. Now remove the USB cable from the computer end.
Now, go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Programs and Features, uninstall any printer, scanner software you have.
Restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers web site. type in your make and model# and download the latest printer driver for your model.
During the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable to the computer. Do not do this until it tells you to, Once the printer is installed and it prints, go back to Devices and Printers. Right click the printer and make it the Default Printer, so it has a check next to it. Agree you don't want Windows to manage which printer is the Default.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68242-anniversary-update-win10-printer-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.3%

MS just informed me that  there is an update available.  Tell it to update MS comes back and tells me 20GB needed.Only 26GB supplied with machine: HELP   

A:win10 UPDATE needs 20gb m/c only has 26gb total

jjlbignumber These new Cumulative Updates from MS for Win10 do tend to take a lot of space, although I've not run across one demanding this much space. You said only 26GB was supplied, but I find that hard to believe, as even the HP PCs that come with the smallest drives, come with 32GB SSDs. So, do you mean that you only have 26GB of free space in your C: "drive"? If that is the case, what MIGHT work is purchasing a 32GB USB stick and seeing if you have the option to use it to store the Windows Updates.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/win10-UPDATE-needs-20gb-m-c-only-has-26gb-total/td-p/5696777
Relevancy 47.3%

Windows 10 updated to Version 1607 and I can no longer access my Synology NAS. I have attempted every potential solution I have found on the net to no avail. I have another machine running WIN10 that I disabled windows update on and it's at version 1511 and the NAS is accessible. I called Microsoft support and the tech told me he had no way to trouble shoot this problem. Synology has gone over the top trying to help me with a solution and so far we have been unsuccessful.
Can someone point me to a fix. This is my business machine and I cannot access files I need.
Thanks,
Dave

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69649-after-win10-update-ver-1607-x64-can-no-longer-access-nas.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am using widows 10 in my Yoga 2 13 for the last one year. Today after installing the regular widows update may laptop is not working properly. After switching on it shows lenovo logo  and then within 10-20 seconds screen goes blank without loading windows. I tried to enter in to the safe mode by pressing F8 while booting but no use. Please suggest a solution.Thaks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-13-goes-blank-screen-after-Win10-Update/td-p/3352846
Relevancy 47.3%

Any ideas? I was told this update would fix the autroation issues, but not on my machine. Are there new drivers I am missing? I don't see anything on the Lenovo site that was published after last summer...  Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Installed-Anniversary-Update-for-Win10-and-Yoga-2-pro-still-will/td-p/3437494
Relevancy 47.3%

Alright so windows my biggest regret will not boot from any device after the update if did yesterday The update did not go smoothly it froze part way and the computer was reset then it redid the lady steps of the update and worked Computer boot any from won't Win10 device update - fine all night Win10 update - Computer won't boot from any device for me Now The next day My computer goes through Post and then goes to a black screen where a tying prompt flashes indefinitely You cannot actually type I have pressed f and booted from my drive nothing Booted from my windows DVD since that's all I gave because I did that stupid free win update and nothing It will not boot It goes the the same black screen and goading type cursor not mouse cursor I am at my wit's end I font know what to follow right now other than take another drive swap it out and install windows back on that instead Not that my key will necessarily work on Win10 update - Computer won't boot from any device it anymore cause now it's associated with win My motherboard does not have a built in video display to try disabling the iGPU I have tried hooking up only the bare minimum I cannot get to safe mode to try to boot it that way I don't know what else to do If anyone has insight please help Also please forgive typos auto corrected I am typing this from a iPad

A:Win10 update - Computer won't boot from any device

When you strart your computer shut it down after 10 seconds by holding in the start button and do that 3 or 4 times and you should get a different page open giving you options on how to fix it. i believe safe mode might be one of those. if not you get cmd just open that and type rstrui.exe into it. That will get you to system restore.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/win10-update-computer-wont-boot-any-device-4596003/
Relevancy 47.3%

When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention." and presents a "Check your PC" button. When I click the button, it cranks for about 5 minutes and comes back to the same message and same button.

Is there a log somewhere where it tells me what it's complaining about? If not, it appears I won't be able to get to Win10. I'm running 8.1 Pro now.

Thanks for any help,
Doug

A:Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Why are you installing the insider preview? its kind of like a beta

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43117-stuck-windows-update-during-win10-download.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all Sorry to have to resort to quot having a winge quot on your forum but I am absolutely fed up with MS continually upgrading to win when I say No I tend to around auto over MS Thinking update? win10 of suing PCs all set up for Office situations all running Win HP bit This week I have lost another office PC which I cannot afford Windows update has auto updated to win which in my opinion is totally unsuitable for this office virtually hijacking my office PCs are useless after returning to option How do I stop this I want my office data to stay quot private quot After win takes over I lose all emails network links etc and have to wipe re-install win from disc and takes nearly all day to perform Why is this happening I don't want win I have not tablets androids its an office PCs only MYOB MS Office other database programs that cost thousands Please help or point me to a place where I can report directly to MS and get some Thinking of suing MS over win10 auto update? response Thanks guys NT

A:Thinking of suing MS over win10 auto update?

Regarding your title of this post, my words are "good luck". Not even the United States Government won their case against Microsoft. While I understand your title is more of a hypothetical statement, you should understand that the amount of recourses needed to sue Microsoft would be astronomical.

As for your situation, I am sorry to say this, but this may be of your business's own IT internal failure here. While that sounds very rude and blameful, let me explain.

The Windows 10 upgrade push was sent to all Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines after July 2015. Enterprise copies did not receive the update at first. This update should be stopped in your companies Windows Update Server or Group Policy. There was and still is more than enough time to prevent installs of Windows 10. I manage more PCs than the 15 you list and not one has been pushed to Windows 10, even on those that have an upgrade button.

There was an "accidental" push by Microsoft a while back, but it certainly should not be happening to any PC as of now. Are you sure that your users are not clicking this update?

As for stopping the update, why not just uninstall the KB and set it to hide in Windows Update? This would prevent it from downloading and "accidentally" installing itself.

Why would you go through a whole wipe of the system after a Windows 10 upgrade? Windows 10 has a revert option built in that restored the system back to Windows 7 and restored all of your settings.

Another thing, Windows 10 should keep all of your supported software including your personal settings. Saying that you lose your network and emails does not sound right.

Windows 10 is not for tablets. It's well used and like by Laptop and Desktop users. Did you actually give it a try?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/thinking-of-suing-ms-over-win10-auto-update-1121817.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I downloaded the Win10 US english x64 ISO (which has both Pro and Home in it) off links mentioned on official MS windows blog, where you go to "Get Windows 10" link then download the media creation tool to get the ISO.
My question is: what's the checksum (SHA-1 and/or SHA-256) of the ISO created/downloaded by the tool? It does not match the SHA-1 checksum mentioned on MSDN website so I'm guessing (hoping) the ISO may be updated since then.
The values I'm getting are as follows - can anyone else confirm?
SHA-1 : e53b1f0c0080d347f5f418e757d53c6175f09f02
SHA-256 : 1cd9dd818a8ab91493dcef6e3d67d853057e360a6985b3259de8cc8317781029

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434002-checksums-win10-anniversary-update-v1607-iso.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,
I've updated both my machine and my wife's machine with the anniversary update. Hers is fine but mine seems to freeze after the reboot. My whole desktop turns that white color (the not responding shade) and the end task dialog appears. I cannot do anything but shutdown my computer via the power button. I am currently at work so I am doing this all from memory from last night. I haven't tried safemode yet. Any ideas?

A:Win10 Anni Update Freeze after reboot

Take a peek at this. Microsoft hasn't claimed responsibility for it yet but this is your best source of information on the issue at this time. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...ersary_update/

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434117-win10-anni-update-freeze-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 47.3%

MS just informed me that  there is an update available.  Tell it to update comes back and tells me 20GB needed.Only 26GB supplied with machine: HELP   

A:win10 UPDATE needs 20gb m/c only has 26gb total

Does your laptop have a slot for an external SD card?  If so purchase one, I would recommend picking up an sd card 32gb to 64gb model.  Make sure to check if your laptop supports a microsd or a regular sd.  Put all your files on to the SD card and use your hard disk only for windows 10.  If you don't have an external SD card slot you can always purchase another hard drive.  External USB would be easier to install but you will have to lug it around, you can always upgrade the internal hard drive with an SSD but if you are not experienced with installing components you may need a proffesional to install it for you.  Try to go with an SD card first if your computer allows since it is the least expensive and easiest solution to implement.   Also stick to 32 bit version of windows 10 and not the 64 bit.  If you upgraded from windows 8.1 you can delete the back up files to make more room on your hard disk.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/win10-UPDATE-needs-20gb-m-c-only-has-26gb-total/td-p/5696734
Relevancy 47.3%

Brand new E51-80 with Win7 - couldn't upgrade to Win10, got stuck at 'searching for updates'.Tried the same in Win7 with same result, just got stuck in 'searching for updates'.  Tried several solutions i Googled - no success. Then i uninstalled the 'bloatware' McAfee installation, and everything worked again!!  Just to help others that also run into this issue. /Henrik - Denmark

/Henrik - DenmarkX220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E51-80-Windows-update-stuck-same-for-Win10-upgrade/td-p/3476152
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

I currently have a laptop with Win7 Professional 32bit, I read that it's possible to update it to Win10 without having to format the hard drive, is that correct?
And will it be possible to upgrade to a Win10 64bit version as well?

Kind regards

A:Update from Win7 32bit to Win10 64bit possible?

you should be able to update win7 to win10 w/o losing anything. make an image backup & image recovery cd first justincase. a lot depends on the specs of the laptop.

you need a multi core processor for windows x64 & you should have a fair amount of memory, ie. 4gb.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368620-update-win7-32bit-win10-64bit-possible.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The windows 10 update is on 29 july which is 4 days from now. I have a question will my local disc c be formatted when i update from win8.1 pro to 10. If it will format what can i do

A:Will local disc C be formatted if i update to win10

Originally Posted by nitefury

The windows 10 update is on 29 july which is 4 days from now. I have a question will my local disc c be formatted when i update from win8.1 pro to 10. If it will format what can i do

Did you read the information that is posted over in tenforums? It is the same as when you upgraded from 8 to 8.1.

You always make a backup of your computer, before you do any upgrading. Basically this point onwards, is supposed to be like those using Mac OS-X. The install behaves like a Service Pack. But that does not always mean that something could not go wrong.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69100-will-local-disc-c-formatted-if-i-update-win10.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello folks ,  My labtop is lenovo v570.2 days ago win 10 has made final performance update for my device (26SEP). After this update wifi connections have lost. Apperantly my wifi driver has compitibility problem with win 10 anymore . Thats why I've checked lenovo drivers website but unfortunately there wasnt any wifi driver for win10 . I tried to reinstall previous driver but it didnt solve the problem. Now I am only able to use ethernet input to connect internet but no wifi . Whenever I click wifi button , win 10 says ''no W?-F? networks found. In this context what should I do? Should I reinstall win7 back or is there a way to figure it out ? If  you could help I would be appreciate.Thank you . 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Wi-fi-connection-issue-after-final-update-of-win10-lenovo-v570/td-p/3440561
Relevancy 47.3%

Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the pause menu but the screen is still showing a frozen image. Does this for every game

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver.

Any ideas why?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/64741-after-win10-anniversary-update-games-look-frozen-but-they-not.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I purchased a new desktop operating on Windows Vista Now since I do all my computing from home I On Any Computer? Change From Owner's Password Access Computer Can Owner have had little need of my very basic laptop The laptop is a panasonic toughbook pc that is still operating on windows I purchased it Feb I lent it to Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer? someone that has been a friend for about and a half years I lent it to friend because friend stressed the need of a computer NOW but offered to purchase it in increments LATER when financial situations could afford it Friend kept contact more frequently than usual to learn all of my laptop s operations After awhile friend s cell phone number changed and a variety of people are consistently saying that friend is never there at friend s known residence Finally some young child at friend s residence maybe a cousin or nephew told me that friend has moved Now I have no contact with friend Friend seems to have run off with my laptop for FREE and won t respond to e-mails I ve never had this much trouble contacting friend WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS Is there any way that I can CHANGE MY ACCESS PASSWORD ON MY LAPTOP FROM MY DESKTOP to better the chances of getting in contact with friend I have all the information on the laptop from the company that I purchased it from can obtain any information that I don t have from the company that has my information on laptop purchase and I created the original access password myself so I know what it is but I also gave it to friend Is there ANY WAY possible that an access password can be changed in this way I will even go as far as to purchase software for this purpose if it can t be done any other way Is there any software that can assist me I would rather try this way first before I consider pressing charges PLEASE HELP

A:Can Owner Change Access Password On Owner's Computer From Any Computer?

What you seek is prohibited on BleepingComputer. We do not assist is cracking, hackig, or otherwise circumventing security measures on any computer.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.Source= RulesDo to the nature of the topic this Topic is Closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108730/can-owner-change-access-password-on-owners-computer-from-any-computer/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I am a new member so sorry if I post at Volume Information permission/owner System problem wrong category My C drive system drive has a system volume information folder and I have been messed up with the owner and permission settings for the folder now I keep getting access denied message when creating restore points I have try all the method like turn off system restore and re-enable it but still get error Now I need to System Volume Information permission/owner problem delete it and let Windows to recreate it with default permission or manually change permission owner to default Is it actually safe to delete the folder and let Windows to recreate it If cannot delete can someone please tell me the his PC's security settings permission owner for each folder file inside the SVI folder using program TreeSize Free -System Volume Information folder -SPP -SystemRestore -WindowsImageBackup -IndexerVolumeGuid -MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase -tracking log -SPP OnlineMetadataCache -SPP SppCbsHiveStore -SPP SppGroupCache -SystemRestore FRStaging -WindowsImageBackup SPPMetadataCache -SPP OnlineMetadataCache OnDiskSnapshotProp -SPP SppGroupCache DriverPackageInfo -SPP SppGroupCache WindowsUpdateInfo Thank

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/68e433a1-6376-45d4-a717-e5cfddd34078/system-volume-information-permissionowner-problem?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 46.87%

I had reserved the free upgrade to win10 some months ago. I got tired to the constant update window so I removed KB305583. Afterwards I notice that there are still a number of entries in the registry for GWX and a few file directories pertaining to GWX that I cant delete. Now when windows update tells me that I have updates and I allow them to start (nineteen win7 and office security updates) the first thing that it tries to do is install the win10 setup files which causes me to abort the update process. I have checked the 19 important updates and none of them are about win10. I do not want to install win10 at this time. How can I stop the win10 update from trying to install?

A:win7 update wants to download win10 setup files

I had the same issue and even after removing every possible gwx and related windows updates it still showed that it was gonna download windows 10 in the updater, however after giving up and just letting it run it said downloading setup files, then after about 15 seconds it said creating restore point and then it was done. It didn't actually install anything that I can tell for windows 10. After that my windows updates showed normally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378481-win7-update-wants-download-win10-setup-files.html
Relevancy 46.87%

win10 build 10586.589 not updating since Sept 15 update
I can not manually cause an update. All attempts fail.
Using Surface Pro 3.
I can not get Windows Update (WIN10 Pro 1511) to update.
No updates have been entered onto my PC/Tablet since September 15.
Please advise possible fix.
I have tried numerous internal fixes even using Windows Update diagnostic tool which was no apparent help.
No malware exists either.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443059-win10-build-10586-589-not-updating-since-sept-15-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So after the Anniversary Anniversary internet - after 3543 Win10 Inspiron No Update update I have no internet nbsp Both Wifi and Eithernet show as quot Connected - No Internet quot nbsp Windows Troubleshooter says I have quot A problem with the driver quot nbsp I ve updated the drivers I ve put old drivers back in and no luck nbsp I ve even tried different USB wifi adapters with both the supplied drivers and the built in Win drivers and no luck there either nbsp I can Inspiron 3543 - No internet after Win10 Anniversary Update t go back to an earlier build the option is not Inspiron 3543 - No internet after Win10 Anniversary Update there nbsp I tried a restore point and the computer f ailed to boot and I had to restore some system files from another Win computer using a Linux boot disk I m assuming I can t refresh Windows as I ll still be on the Anniversary Update Is there any chance Dell will release updated drivers nbsp I see that this PC is NOT in their compatibility list Is there any known solution to this other than a full recovery from the recovery partition Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994386
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello,
after the update to Windows 10, I have less touchpad gestures available. Before, I could use 4 finger swipe to the sides to change the tabs in the browser. When I go now to the DELL touchpad software, there aren't any options anymore for 4 finger gestures. And instead going back/forward with a 3 finger swipe to side, it changes the apps now (which is unnnecessary for me because a swipe up opens task view). Is it possible to change the actions of the touchpad and get back the 4 finger gestures?
For me it's incomprehenisble why DELL reduces the functions of the touchpad with the upgrade to a newer OS...
Regards,
Johannes

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981040
Relevancy 46.87%

In various posts on Microsoft forcing us towards Win upgrade I couldn t find anyone describing the actual harm KB is doing to the system Is just that people are being annoyed with something being installed but they don t exactly know what it is doing Or people experience Win10 appearance Windows (to only) Update changed screen system being much slower Or something else I ll try to describe my problem linked to Win push Windows Update screen changed appearance (to Win10 only) by MS After installing a number of updates that accumulated over past six or so weeks my Windows Update screen Windows changed appearance That Windows Update screen used to show available updates important and optional You would then click on a link that would show the whole listing of available updates You would be able to select KBs that you want OK it and when back into Windows Update screen run execute whatever KBs you selected in the previous screen With recent KB installs that Windows Update screen doesn t show any more available updates important and optional Instead in that space it says Upgrade to Windows Where button to install updates used to be now there is button that says Get started indicating that you would Windows Update screen changed appearance (to Win10 only) start upgrade to Win Under that box there is a link that says Show all available updates When I click on it I do get familiar screen with all available Win updates If I select any of those updates and go back to initial Windows Update screen I see again Upgrade to Windows and not what used to be from memory e g important updates selected install or something like that So my problem is that it seems that I lost ability to continue with Win updates Unless that new button Get started will actually execute selected Win KBs and not take me to Win I can t take that risk and press the button BTW I restored my PC to the point prior to executing those recent KBs but problem described above still exists I also uninstalled KB KB KB and KB As a result I lost white Win icon on task bar Needless to say that I tried to uninstall KB but as soon as I remove it it installs back by itself prior to reset as a matter of fact I can t shut down PC straight after removing KB since it s busy putting the same KB back on So has anyone experienced new appearance of Windows Update window that seems to indicate that my PC is in a state of quot no return quot and only option is to go Win Would this be linked to KB many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383589-windows-update-screen-changed-appearance-win10-only.html
Relevancy 46.87%

After upgrading to Windows 10 how do I know which drivers I need to update?  Although the Veriton M498G has a Dual Core Intel i5 CPU 3.2Ghz, the Intel Driver Update Utility doesn't find any drivers at all.The drivers listed for the Veriton M498G on the Acer support site only list drivers for Win7.  How do I know which drivers to update?  My BIOS is Acer P01-A3, 5/27/2010 How do I know if I need a BIOS update?  Will any driver and BIOS updates be compatible with Win10?

A:Update drivers & BIOS on Veriton M498G after Win10...

bios need to be updated to P01.A4:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P01.A4_A_A.zip?acerid=634235850029180643... drivers normally will be updated by windows update when you are connected to a network connection (ethernet cable or wifi). you can check if something is wrong, looking at Device manager for Yellow exclamation mark:windows logo key + xDevice manager

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/Update-drivers-amp-BIOS-on-Veriton-M498G-after-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/404761/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.87%

i play league of legends and get these 2 bsods... also once my computer just froze doing the brrrrrr sound.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone Windows just launched a big update th April was the installation for me I believe it enabled Cortana here in Australia upon restarting I was getting annoying notifications I had previously disabled and a bunch of smaller software updates were available Anyway I noticed my Intel Rapid Store Technology icon was not the usual quot green tick quot instead Since intel the stopped Win10 has RST latest working... update it was a little blue circle indicating it was not running When trying to open the application I get an error asking me to restart or reinstall I did both Since the latest Win10 update intel RST has stopped working... but RST will not install citing that my quot platform is not supported quot - this is using the latest drivers on the intel website Download Intel Rapid Storage Technology Intel RST RAID Driver I've browsed countless forums all with different suggestions I've tried uninstalling the previous version using zip instead of winRAR using older versions of the intel RST drivers restarted times manually starting the service in services msc etc nothing works I'm guessing this is some sort of version related issue but I am not tech savvy enough to resolve the issue so I'm hoping someone can help me out here any suggestions are greatly appreciated I've attached some system info and the install log below IntelRST log I'd be happy to provide any other information thank you dearly

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47543-since-latest-win10-update-intel-rst-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,
Like a fool I've down loaded and installed the wrong driver for my Graphics card. Now all I get when booting is a black screen with a circle of dots rotating and the cursor. Windows 10 was a free download so no original boot media. Have now purchased a usb version and tried to boot from that but I get a message saying my C drive is locked! All I really want is Safe Mode but apparently it is no longer as easy as pressing F8.

Any help much appreciated.

John

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win10-bsod-wrong-graphics-card-update-1153841.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've got a question for the Pro's ...

This is regarding my ASUS Tablet with Windows 8.1 Professional x86 installed (Windows is activated of course).

The Tablet currently has Windows 10 reserved and after looking at this post, i took a curious look at the KB used to reserve it and noticed that KB2952664 was applied .

Can anyone let me know as to why Windows Update applied KB2952664 to reserve Windows 10 when that is a Windows 10 Reservation for the Windows 7 x86 systems ???

I am pretty well versed in Computer Hardware and Software (though i am no Master in those fields) and this is kind of a confusing update applied.

I am all ears LOL !

Thanks a bunch!

A:Why WU Reserved Win10 in a Win8.1 System Using a Win7 KB Update??

I'm not sure why Windows applied that update but the update to reserve Windows 10 is KB3035583 for both Windows 7 and 8.1.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...gnin1.0&s=myce

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375780-why-wu-reserved-win10-win8-1-system-using-win7-kb-update.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am currently running bios ver. 1,22 from 8/2010  on Win10 32 bit.    Is there a newer version I shoud run?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Update-bios-for-x201-laptop-running-Win10/td-p/3443124
Relevancy 46.87%

I didn't have a choice to update to the anniversary update. Following the update - the screen doesn't always refresh very well - sometimes there is gobblygook when switching windows.I have a 2560x1440 display.

A:Win10 Anniversary update - display refresh issue

bericade Just like the original Upgrade, this new Update tends to work the worst when it is done through Windows Update. What might work, in your case, is something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.htmlGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Win10-Anniversary-update-display-refresh-issue/td-p/5775508
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi BleepingComputer I seem to have messed something up over here and I'm not quite sure how I did it but this machine has had problems with Windows installs and updates since I bought since browsing Anniv very slow Win10 Update Internet it a couple of years ago The Windows Anniversary Update made its way onto my laptop a few nights ago which is when I first noticed the buggy browsing I've since reverted to the previous build but Internet browsing very slow since Win10 Anniv Update the problem has persisted The laptop is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi along with my cell phone and work computer I've experienced no problems with the latter two devices which continue to run just as well as they did before I've scanned with Avast and Malwarebytes with no Internet browsing very slow since Win10 Anniv Update results I made sure that the drivers were updated and the browsers were permitted to go through the firewall Firefox is as slow as Chrome and everything seems to be fine there I also Googled the problem and tried fiddling with the Auto-Tuning and Windows Update Delivery Optimization features to no avail I don't have an ethernet cable to test the direct connection I'm not really sure what to try next - could someone please help me out I'm not especially tech savvy either so I might have a lot of questions sorry I feel like I'm suffocating with such slow internet speed and it's even keeping me from successfully running a speed test Thanks EDIT I managed to run a few speed tests Results were PING DL UL ms mps mps ms mps mps ms mps mps after I'd stopped a torrent that was running Whereas my work computer in the same room gets PING DL UL ms mps mps The torrent d l speed was completely erratic as well occasionally jumping as high as kb s but running mostly around

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628179/internet-browsing-very-slow-since-win10-anniv-update/
Relevancy 46.87%

Both my Win machines updated themselves to the anniversary update over the weekend and now both Anniversary Update? tag/list in Win10 broken Network are exhibiting an annoying problem In Windows Explorer the network entry in the left hand pane used to be able to display a list of machines on my home network if I clicked on the expand arrow beside it Since the update however that seems to be broken the list there doesn't show up any more if you click to expand Selecting the Network tag itself still brings up the summary screen in the main right hand pane showing the machines on the network and all machines are accessible by directly typing their names in the bar at the top devicenamehere for example Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know if there is a fix that can be done to re-enable the functionality I presume as the expansion arrow is still there that the list should still be accessible and this isn't a removed feature Network tag/list broken in Win10 Anniversary Update?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440832-network-tag-list-broken-win10-anniversary-update.html