Windows Support Forum

How do you unlock a microsoft Lumia 640 cell phone using T-Mobile

Q: How do you unlock a microsoft Lumia 640 cell phone using T-Mobile

Is there any software download for unlocking the phone?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do you unlock a microsoft Lumia 640 cell phone using T-Mobile

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do you unlock a microsoft Lumia 640 cell phone using T-Mobile

This seem to work: How To Unlock Microsoft Lumia 640 For Free

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438172-how-do-you-unlock-microsoft-lumia-640-cell-phone-using-t-mobile.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi guys Recently I ve been having trouble connecting to my mobile phones WiFi hotspot with my laptop I can connect to the hotspot with any other device such as the tablet I m using now and I can also connect to any other WiFi using my laptop The problem appears to exist purely between my laptop and my phone When issues hotspot Mobile attempting to connect it will begin authenticating and then disconnect offering me the troubleshooter Sometimes there is a small volume of packet transfer but not often I have tried disabling and reenabling all of my network adaptors to no avail and I m somewhat at a loss of what to do Mobile hotspot issues next The phone in question is a Motorola razr I if that helps but I have to point out that it worked flawlessly Mobile hotspot issues until recently I suspect the culprit may Mobile hotspot issues be hamachi as it had very recently been installed onto my computer at the time and it appears to be a known trouble maker But I still don t understand why no other problems have arisen Hamachi has been uninstalled but the problem persists Any suggestions or ideas that could help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time guys Mencil nbsp

A:Mobile hotspot issues

What OS is on the Laptop and which Firewall are you using?

The problem appears to exist purely between my laptop and my phone. When attempting to connect it will begin authenticating and then disconnect, offering me the troubleshooter.Click to expand...

huh? Connecting how: Bluetooth, Infra Red? The WiFi adaptors of both the phone and the laptop are never going to connect, unless you're attempting peer-to-peer which has limited utility.

If you're connecting via a router, then the PC is not the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-hotspot-issues.194092/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am seeking help either immediate help or as soon as someone gets a chance... please.

I bought a usb flash drive (my laptop recognizes it as a generic usb mass storage device) from the library... cheap I know... anyways I was using it prepairing to restore my pc... I removed it without clicking on the safely remove button and now it says cant remove files because its write protected... and it wasnt before... did I mess it up if not then how do I remove a write protection if I have no lock/unlock switch deal? I scaned it for viruses/malware etc... I can view all the files but cant delete them and I wanted to clear them off so I can use it for another purpose... can anyone help please...

A:How to remove write protection of USB mass storage with no visible lock/unlock

insert the USB device, then

control panel->Admin Tools->Disk Management

Your boot drive will show as C:\ and under
Layout will be Partition
File System will show NTFS

How does your USB show up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-remove-write-protection-of-usb-mass-storage-with-no-visible-lock-unlock.177267/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 28.81%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-broadwell-cpus-for-performance-mobile-socketed-desktop.213613/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 28.38%

Controversy surrounding the GTX 970 aside, the 900 series GPUs from Nvidia is among the most anticipated graphics chips in recent memory. The mobile variants are especially impressive as they narrow the performance gap between their desktop counterparts to 80...

Read more

A:Nvidia removes overclocking from 900M mobile GPUs, a feature advertised on some notebooks

LOL it is clearly a move by Nvidia to force people to upgrade more often. They will probably take the 980m and do the same thing they did with the 680MX -> keep re-releasing it with 10% higher clocks every year.

Problem is that someone with a 680mx could just overclock it 30% and get an 880m. However this should be a problem for Nvidia, not us. If they want us to upgrade, give us something worth upgrading to!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-removes-overclocking-from-900m-mobile-gpus-a-feature-advertised-on-some-notebooks.208906/
Relevancy 27.95%

Angry!!!Last week I bought a mobile phone named HTM ?and the model of the phone is XH292W.

But when I receive this phone, it seems the quality is not good, although phone?s functions are complete,it has 5MP camera?1GHZ dual core? but it always delay to running.

I searched some info about it on the Internet. Someone said that the phone is producted by a OEM named Wingtech?But I never heard about this OEM . Do you know?

Now, I wanna returned goods.And buy other one.

Who can help me to recommend a mobilephone? Thanks a lot???

PS.Never buy HTM's mobilephone .

A:The HTM phone is really weak burst

What's HTM? Is that GrayHandset copy HTC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-htm-phone-is-really-weak-burst.200803/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 28.38%

Samsung has started mass producing what's being called the industry's first ePoP, or embedded package on package. By combining two key smartphone elements into a single package, Samsung's solution promises to offer high-end handset makers up to 40 percent more space. ...

Read more

A:Samsung's new mobile memory chip combines 3GB of RAM, 32GB of flash into a single package

It's the natural progression of tech right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsungs-new-mobile-memory-chip-combines-3gb-of-ram-32gb-of-flash-into-a-single-package.208588/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've tried multiple smartphones over the past few months, but the more I use them, the more I hate them.

Phone: they have buttons on the side and front, so unless I hold the phone like some delicate photograph, the phone goes crazy with unwanted buttons pressed. Useless.

Web browsing: the screen is too small to read, even with reading glasses on. Useless.

Music: the battery dies after a few minutes of music. Useless.

Texting or email: the tiny keyboard is constantly hitting the wrong keys. Or sometimes, the autocorrect will change words I typed correctly. Nobody can figure out how to turn off autocorrect, including phone salesmen. Useless.

Battery life: the phones often die after being unplugged for an hour. Useless.

Glass surface: despite daily wiping, the glass looks greasy, encrusted with slime. It makes me hate looking at it or touching it.

Camera: the unwanted camera takes several unwanted pictures a day while I am trying to do other things.

So what should I do? If I get a non-smart phone, then people call me a geezer.

A:What phone should I get?

I'd call you a geezer after reading this post tbh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-phone-should-i-get.206577/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I connect my carbbon mobile sometime it connects to wifi sometimes not

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/carbon-mobile.208143/
Relevancy 27.09%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 58.48%

Quick Facts:
Seattle has at least 10 cell phone theft cases daily, authorities say.
Prosecutors say thieves using cell phone buy-back kiosks.
Police say to write down IMEI number before your phone is stolen.
Phones with IMEI numbers reported stolen are useless to thieves.
READ MORE
My question is what if it don't have an IMEI number but a MEID number? Are they one in the same?

A:Cell phone thefts: How you can protect yourself

Found my answer http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-IMEI-or-MEID-Number-on-a-Mobile-Phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-thefts-how-you-can-protect-yourself.206623/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 27.95%

Have to choose a new work phone but I have a hard time deciding ... Friend's Galaxy S5 and 8200 mah battery seems awesome so Apple and Microsoft are not up to my mind. Since the new phone is supposed to live with me for like 2 years, so..what's the average life span of Samsung phone?
Anyone have opinions? Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S5?

A:Need a phone to live with me for like 2 years

A smartphone can last for numerous years as long as you don't abuse it. It isn't a matter of lifespan since most phone hardware gets dated after 2-4 years and you are going to want an upgrade. It will still work even after the cell service is ended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-phone-to-live-with-me-for-like-2-years.205036/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, totally noob to phone networks. I am going to have a US version of Galaxy S5 and order an extra battery for it on mpj. Can I use both of them on overseas carriers? Thank you for any kindly help.

A:Can I use my phone on overseas network?

The specs shown here declare

Also known as Samsung GS 5
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
​General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

So yes, it is compatible with EU providers. Caution however; your current provider will bill you for roaming charges. When in Europe, I always buy a local SIM card and fund it with enough credit to last the trip - - that will also give you a local phone number. If you book theater events or need to call for reservations, they will be more likely to answer the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-on-overseas-network.201690/
Relevancy 27.95%

Good day mates! Quick question, what smart phone are you using for gaming? I use a Samsung S Duos and it seems fine to me. Getting rare delays and hangs but works good in my gaming. I play Kingdom of Legend and it runs smoothly in my phone. I can also play other games but I really liked this one because I don't get lags or any internet connections problems. Suggest me any phones and the price so I can budget things out lol.

Thanks in advance!

A:Games for smartphones? What is your phone?

Samsung GalaxyNote3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-for-smartphones-what-is-your-phone.201443/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I m relatively new to this new choosing phone Dilemma forums but chose to join to ask your thoughts and opinions regarding my situation My iphone s has come time for an upgrade and I absolutely refuse to get one of the new iphones to me they are bland boring and have no appeal other than the build quality So after some browsing and shopping I came to the conclusion on a few smartphones that I would like After constant research on each phone I couldn t come across Dilemma choosing new phone an actual decision so here I ask what you think I should do Do not limit choices due to price because that doesnt matter at the moment So here are my choices HTC one - I love the look of Dilemma choosing new phone the phone the feel of the phone Its sleek yet simple The thing stopping me from getting this is the fact that the new one is a few months away so the hardware is SOMEWHAT outdated I d be getting a phone for a year contract so I m stuck with whatever choice for two years Galaxy Note - I love the look the features and the S pen The S pen is sweet in my eyes I could see myself using that feature for so many things What I don t like is the size I feel as though people will see the phone and comment mock at the size calling it a tablet I also hear that samsung phones are slow or have bloatware Which I truly don t know what that is so if somebody may inform me that d be cool too Would I be able to fit this thing in my pocket would it be cumbersome On the plus side though I can go get this thing right now and not have to wait a few months Wait for HTC one two or one - I could wait for the sequel or the next HTC flagship The problem with this is nobody knows what the things supposed to look like and the quot RUMORED quot specifications aren t exactly too great The specifications are rumored to be about what the Galaxy Note s are Some speculate a new processor I m not sure Another downside is I d have to wait a couple months for it Wait for Samsung galaxy S - I could wait for the sequel or the next Samsung flagship type phone These are speculated to have a metal case etc etc However it wont have an S pen which I really would enjoy blah blah blah Well those are my choices and I ask you which you think would could be a best bet to last me Please don t offer any other phones I m definitely NOT getting a god forsaken iPhone Thanks nbsp

A:Dilemma choosing new phone

I'll add my 2cents

1) Seems there's always something nicer, better, faster on the horizon... my take: Unless you really know something is out in the next 30days or so I go for what I know instead of stressing on the "next thing"

2) I know several people who LOVE their Galaxy Note 3 - but their all women and have a purse to keep them in. I can't make your decision but you really need to weigh how much you really need/want the pen vs. convenience of a phone that slips into a shirt or pants pocket

p.s. that's why I went with the S4 instead of the Galaxy when I recently upgraded my own phone
p.p.s. I'm very happy with the S4 but will add I also bought and like the flip cover. I also know someone without the "S cover" - and their phone sometimes thinks the have the S cover and "blacks out" into the S cover phone screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dilemma-choosing-new-phone.199108/
Relevancy 27.09%

I need a smartphone that I can put a document with addresses and phone numbers on and the smartphone will hyperlink the number straight from the document.

I currently use iPhone 3gs and a app (Documents by Savy Soda) and it works: wifi doc to phone; open app; open doc; touch phone number and WaLa! it calls the number

I tried Windows phone thinking with Word and Excel on it, the phone would call from the document. NOT! I sent a file to a friend who has and Android phone and it won't do it either.

I'm not fond of Apple, so my question is:

IS THERE ANY PHONE OUT THERE THAT WILL HYPERLINK PHONE NUMBERS FROM A DOCUMENT?

Moderator note: drgerry, no need to shout.

A:Smartphone that will hyperlink phone numbers from document?

Stick with the iPhone then. But I know with Gmail if you open a doc with cell number on it will launch Android phone apk. I haven't tried that with Window smartphone with Gmail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-that-will-hyperlink-phone-numbers-from-document.200204/
Relevancy 30.1%

I know what mobile computing is, but, what does a "framework" in this case mean? I have been asked to install a mobile computing framework and I'm not sure exactly I know what he means or he knows what he's talking about. Links/suggestions are appreciated.

A:What is mobile computing framework?

"State-of-the-art mobile computing environments must deal with scarce and dynamically varying resources-in particular, the network quality of service. Applications which execute in such environments need to adapt to the dynamic operating conditions in order to preserve the illusion of seamlessness for the end-user as far as possible. The paper proposes a framework for adaptation which provides applications with runtime support for quality of service negotiation, monitoring, and notification. Applications only need to specify the policy of adaptation at a high level, and are shielded from the mechanics of adaptation. The paper describes the design and implementation of the framework of adaptation as a part of the Prayer mobile computing environment"...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-mobile-computing-framework.200514/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi........

I want to buy new mobile and I need your advice
most imprtant for me the speed of the system ,,memory
thing not important for me ( quality of camera,,shape of mobile )

A:Any tips on buying a new mobile device?

By mobile I infer you mean cell phone. At any rate, I would prioritize the features and functions that are (a) import to you and (b) you use regularly. The hype on specs may be create bragging rights, but that's not worth $0.02 to me.

I'm and old T**d and love my 3g flip phone for the ease of use designed by Nokia. The so called smartphones are not on my wishlist. If I want pictures (and I take a ton of them), I'm not using any camera in a phone - - I take my handheld which gives me the PAS feature for low-light photograph required for indoor and museums. USEABILITY is big with me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-tips-on-buying-a-new-mobile-device.200801/
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 27.52%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 27.52%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 59.77%

Would anyone know if there's help on techspot for cell phones?

A:Cell Phone

Ask away. The worst that can happen is no one knows the answer but someone might. Not me necessarily but someone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone.196173/
Relevancy 34.83%

Brand new WD TB myPassport - My wd drive unlock appears to be conflicting when connected to usb giving me the error Unlock problem usual... not mypassport the message quot you must run the WD Drive unlock application from the WD drive unlock CD associated with the drive you want to unlock quot The drive shows Unlock mypassport problem not the usual... in disk management Unlock mypassport problem not the usual... as unallocated and not intialised I ran a test and connected my old passport to USB and it offers me the password which I enter - but the point is before I enter my password the drive also shows in disk management as unallocated and not intialised - leading me to assume this is a problem with my wd drive unlock Here are the facts I have an old gb passport which works on usb and usb ports My new tb passport works on usb I can connect both to the usb ports and both work fine Occasionally after changing drive letters I got the new one to unlock via usb but then after one successfull unlock it goes back to the quot you must run the WD Drive unlock application from the WD drive unlock CD associated with the drive you want to unlock quot error message So I am just not getting past the unlocking stage when connected to usb I think it may be super relevant that the new passport doesn t recognise its own WD Drive unlock exe program - why would it suggest I use the drive unlock application from the CD associated with the drive - that s exactly what I am doing obviously It s as though there is some sort of conflict All I want to do is connect my new passport to my usb port and I have been struggling on this for hours Please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-mypassport-problem-not-the-usual.196331/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am using iphone5 currently what phone you are using.

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Friends ... I have this laptop that has been given to me by my company and the USB ports have been blocked in manner such that I can copy stuff from my USB drive on to the machine but cannot copy in the reverse direction, ie. from the hard drive to the USB. Obviously it is to safeguard against theft of data. However, I do not deal with any confidential data and like to back up things every few days. Please tell me a shortcut to unlock my USB entirely even though I do not have administrator rights on the machine.

A:How to unlock USB ports without admin password?

Sorry, we will not assist in circumventing such security features, especially when the machine belongs to someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-usb-ports-without-admin-password.193100/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 26.23%

Recently this has come to light during my own research into mobile GPUs that are currently available on the market as I ve been considering replacing my aged i - M laptop with M GPU I had switching technology mobile graphics AMD problems... has "Enduro" even placed an order and paid for a machine but after reading much about the issue none of it from AMD themselves other than quot For those with M - Enduro issues are also being investigated quot by http twitter com CatalystCreator back on the th of August I cancelled before the unit was completed and shipped This is mostly a problem for Clevo EM EM based laptops which AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... have no way of bypassing the Enduro graphics switching unlike Alienware products which have a hardware switch Basically there is something very wrong with this immature technology Users are finding under utilisation of their cards for example Battlefield person multiplayer AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... fps dips with AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... lower recorded GPU utilisation when it should be going flat out Even worse is when the graphical settings are lowered to try and allow for more fps to be pumped out by the GPU the situation does not improve It is as if the Enduro tech is deciding that the lower workload required at lower resolution or graphical settings means it can lower utilisation further This means that someone with FPS issues at Ultra settings can drop to Medium settings and not see any improvement in output Threads about this http www rage d com board showthread php t http forums guru d com showthread php t http hardforum com archive index php t- html And many others Facebook awareness page https www facebook com Amd mEnduroUtilizationAwareness ref ts Many owners of systems with M graphics cards are now concerned with AMD s reluctance to comment on the problems that they are just going to try and sweep it under the carpet and move on to the next generation of GPU with the next generation of Enduro perhaps one that works No one is exactly sure if the problem is even something that can be overcome with a software driver or whether it is a hardware issue that the Clevo based laptops are stuck with nbsp

A:AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems...

The silence from AMD on this is deafening. I honestly can't in good conscience recommend anything AMD related unless they get this situation fixed. The fact that they have tried to silence other manufacturers on forums says a lot. I would feel much better if they were just open about it and said what they are doing to fix the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-mobile-graphics-switching-enduro-technology-has-problems.185018/
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 28.38%

My zte n290 phone wont turn on. As the power button is pressed the loading bar comes up(loads up by % 1-100) and then the phone turns off.I think it had to do with the Uart 2 settings in the engineer menu when it was set to uart 2.

A:Phone won't turn on

Can you 'reset the device'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phone-wont-turn-on.185291/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently got a zte g n290 phone,TV phone, but its locked to a particular network/ service provider. I got some info on how to unlock it and did, before I did it said invalid sim but now it goes through and now it searches and then says Emergency / select a network. I've tried other codes and stuff.
If there is any other way that I can do this please inform.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-dual-band-phones.185172/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there.

So, I'm buying a phone. Details aside, I've found these two for ?30 at a local retailer:

Vodafone 858 Smart
ZTE Xiang
These are each one's specs shown in a comparison:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3955&idPhone2=3112#results

and another one:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id1=588&id2=1993&id3=2874&del_id=588

From what I understand here, it's tough really. For a start, I really like the keyboard aspect of the Xiang, on the other hand everyone is buying phones like the Vodafone, and Android is another bonus. I'm asking for your help. I'm just that average young guy who communicates and uses the Internet a lot, and games as well, but because of school I'd like to be able to work as well. Can your recommend me the best one in your opinion?

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-new-phone.183704/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello to all the experts and members,
I hope all the experts and members will be fit and fine .
I want to use my mobile as a pc mouse how can I do it if any one know tell me the method hope my problem will be solve I need help advance thanx waiting 4 ur replays

A:How can I use my mobile as a PC mouse?

I can't think of any obvious mechanism to do this, they are different devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-use-my-mobile-as-a-pc-mouse.181825/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys,

I got an old Samsung M580 Replenish but I set a password on it. My new phone broke and I need to unlock this phone to use it again but I forgot the password. Does anyone know of a software or any way I can hack back into my old phone?

Thanks guys!

A:Hacking an Andriod Phone

There is no hacking needed. Just put the phone through a hard reset. I have added a link on how to do it with a Samsung M580 Replenish.
Hard Reset Samsung Replenish

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hacking-an-andriod-phone.181376/
Relevancy 35.26%

when i unlock the cores the bios doesnt recoginse the cpu i have updated the bios but still no change

A:Phenom II X4 960T unlock to X6 help?

Mostly AMD locks CPUs to cut on production costs, but sometimes they lock specific cores because they know they are defective. Try locking them again and see if it solves the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phenom-ii-x4-960t-unlock-to-x6-help.177334/
Relevancy 58.91%

My cellphone is experiencing something I don't know about.

When it is open, sooner or later it lights up again. I check whether it is a message, but no. It is just turning on.

A:My cell phone problem

I'd say Google using your phone's make and model and problem you're experiencing as the keywords. Depends on the popularity of your phone, you might be able to find forums dedicated to it.

Have you tried resetting your phone or update the firmware to see if the problem goes away? Or taking the battery out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cell-phone-problem.179363/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.235034100/categoryId.54297600

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...d-20&ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322381006&sr=8-3

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...FCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331256805&sr=8-1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-onza-or-microsoft-controller-for-windows.178459/
Relevancy 35.69%

is it possible to unlock a hf 4850x2 to say a 4870x2?

A:HD 4850x2 unlock

I very much doubt it, but I'm willing to stand corrected should I be proven wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-4850x2-unlock.177733/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

I have a Telstra Elite Mobile WiFi device that I use for work. Currently I have four Laptop computers that connect through this device to the internet; however, I have another four devices that need to be able to connect to the internet and was wondering if there was anyway that I could connect a wireless router to the Telstra WiFi device to enable the extra devices to use the internet connection through the one mobile broadband device.

Regards,

Goldy.

A:Can I connect a router to a Telstra Elite mobile Wi-Fi device

the features make note

Connects up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devicesClick to expand...

which says it is acting like a router for itself. That allows you to attach a SWITCH
to one port and add your extra devices to the switch.

If you already have an extra router, connect a port from the Telstra Elite to a LAN port on the router (leave the WAN port empty).
You will also need to disable the DHCP service in the second router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-connect-a-router-to-a-telstra-elite-mobile-wi-fi-device.176626/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have been looking forward to purchasing a -core cpu to replace my phenom II X that i ve had for like years lately but I decided to try to unlock it and maybe I could save some bucks My CPU-Z screen is in the attachments Basically I have a Gigabyte GA-MA G-US H revision mobo with F bios My cpu is Phenom II X Black edition codenamed Callisto According to wikipedia Callisto archs have cores locked so unlockable maybe So I changed ACC to auto and EC firmware to Hybrid saved settings and rebooted Surprisingly the machine booted fine However when I check on CPU-Z nothing s changed It s still Phenom II X with cores and threads I checked in msconfig as well and there are only cores Can t say that the machine is really Unlock x2 on II 550BE GA-MA785GM-US2H? Phenom Gigabyte stable though It IS stable but not like when ACC is disabled Because the machine booted fine I assume that the dormant cores aren t really faulty right Or are they Is there something more I need to do to have those cores unlocked nbsp

A:Unlock Phenom II x2 550BE on Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H?

Sounds like you did everything right..... strange..

Have you tried setting acc to all cores?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-phenom-ii-x2-550be-on-gigabyte-ga-ma785gm-us2h.173139/
Relevancy 27.52%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am getting ready to move into a Looking gaming/work mobile to purchase laptop pretty big house after living in an apartment for the past months while the house was being built I have a really nice rig right now but am going to be looking into something that is going to be moble and Looking to purchase mobile gaming/work laptop can move through the house I am going to be leaving my desktop up and running and on a ups and its going to be located right next to my entertainment center and start to serve as a HTPC File Server and video capture Looking to purchase mobile gaming/work laptop for my xbox play I have an enterprise license of RealVNC so I will be able to remotely connect to it when ever I need to I am looking for a decent laptop that will allow me to still do some light gaming mainly sc at high to ultra Looking to purchase mobile gaming/work laptop setting But still maintain a light weight design for work when traveling I have had a desktop replacement laptop before and this is not what I am looking for I have been looking at the MSI GE DX- US Please let me know what you think and any suggestions are very welcome Thanks jkbucksot nbsp

A:Looking to purchase mobile gaming/work laptop

Blantantly ripped-off from two sources with modifications but it does the job:
1) What is your budget?

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

a. Netbook; 10? screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12? screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

a. Like:
b. Dislike:
4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?

5) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

6) What other games will you be playing besides SC2?

7) How many hours of battery life do you need?

8) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?

9) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer? Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level.

10) Do you want a Glossy/reflective screen or a Matte/non-glossy screen?

11) Are the notebook's looks and stylishness important to you?

12) When are you buying this laptop?

13) How long do you want this laptop to last?

14) How much hard drive space do you need; 80GB to 640GB? Do you want a SSD drive?

15) Do you need an optical drive? If yes, a CDRW/DVD-ROM, DVD Burner or Blu-Ray drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-purchase-mobile-gaming-work-laptop.170871/
Relevancy 27.09%

Please i don t know wat s wrong with my windows ultimate i have been enjoying it peacefully sorry if i opened this thread in the wrong section the board is so wide so i just felt if i might get some help cause i got this wonderful site on google so i normally use my nokia n to connect to the internet via external bluetooth but some few days ago a friend gave me a usb mouse nd i installed it in the same port where the usb bluetooth was installed but surprisingly after using it nd inserting my usb bluetooth back The problem started nd dis have happened to me once when i was using win basic nd i formatted Problem with USB the Bluetooth of connecting my use external phone n70 my pc but i don t wanna do dat anymore i want to find the solution to the problem surprisingly my nokiapc suite no longer Problem connecting my n70 phone with the use of external USB Bluetooth see my modem i now have to remove the modem from the pc Uninstall the bluetooth from device manager nd even deleted the pairing with my fone then inserted back the bluetooth During installation of the bluetooth the blueetooth peripheral device wasn t installed successfully But it s normal nd my modem worked like that before then after installation i now tried to add my n device via the bluetooth But my modem isn t detected after the adding Please i really need some help cos am messed up ryt nw Pls if u need money to help me out Indicate Thanx sobs nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-my-n70-phone-with-the-use-of-external-usb-bluetooth.170161/
Relevancy 56.76%

Tyring to figure out for friend (for real, a friend):

He runs no landlines nor DSL/Cable Modems only connects through this Tmobile personal Hotspot through his MyTouch 4G.

Just purchased new Blu-Ray with all the bells and whistles requiring internet connectivity, either Cat5 or Wi-Fi (with additional Adapator, yet acquired).

Wants to create access however for Blu-Ray (and possibly printer) utlizing Hotspot and Cat 5 connectivity. Which type of equipment, least cost, known ease of use under this type of access/provider)

Thanks for any insights. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t-mobile-phone-hotspot-blu-ray-wireless-connectivity.169012/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a new 12 cell battery for my acer 5535. Computer beeps a warning and shuts back down on start-up. Incorrect battery message. battery is a 12 cell, 10400mAh, AS09A41. The battery is made for an Acer 5517-5535. Does something need to be re-configured in the computer to accept the battery? The battery will run the computer if the computer is plugged in to the AC first and then the battery is installed, then unplugged from the wall. Both batteries are 11.1v

A:Acer 5535 won't accept my new 12-cell battery

The Acer Specs say "48.8 W 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery pack" The 12-cell may not work here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-5535-wont-accept-my-new-12-cell-battery.167290/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

How do I unlock my at&t windows mobile 6.1 without calling at&t support?

A:Unlock Samsung AT&T Windows mobile?

I noticed that no one has responded to this post, and one good reason is that, in most cases, unlocking a phone is against the carrier's Terms of Service, or ToS, and many members would rather not give the know how to break the rules, so to speak.

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unlock-samsung-at-t-windows-mobile.168188/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi guys,
I brought a Telstra MF636 USB modem about 2 years ago.
Would like to unlock the MF626. Telstr (Bigond) is costing.a arm and leg to recharge. I've just brought a amaysim with allow 4GB per moths. BUT
I have to unlock the Telstra mf636 before I can use the sim.
I am currently Using windows 7 32bit.
Any help is gratefull. Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-the-telstra-mf626-usb-modem.167836/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all. i have been searching all over the internet to try and find a working shader unlock for my xfx 6950. I do not want the 6970 unlock as i hear bad things about the cards dying. i have tried to the winflash way of doing it but it never seems to work.
If anyone knows of how to do the cmd way step by step i would apprechiate since i dont understand how some people have explained it.

Thanks!

A:XFX HD 6950 shader unlock

well, first question, is the graphics card a reference design card? If it's not you'er out of luck

If it is a reference design then this would be your CMD steps.
And this would be the whole flashing process.

Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-6950-shader-unlock.167459/
Relevancy 27.95%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 27.09%

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places. didn't do a heavy duty job, I just want it to stay in place till I can get my hands on the right stuff. Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?

Also, when I replaced my digitizer sometimes the screen is unresponsive. It works about 95% of the time but I would like it to work 100% of the time.

I have the LG quantum C900 if anyone needs to know.

A:Replaced my digitizer in my smart phone, need special glue

yRaz said:

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places.Click to expand...

Do you know what happens to Styrofoam when you put a drop of Super-Glue on it ?

yRaz said:

Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?Click to expand...

I don't know what they use on mobile phones however the electrician whom I took my *shower proof* battery powered shaver to, for a replacement battery. Said that stuff was just 'nothing more than hot melt glue' see HMA wiki-link here

If you don't have a *Hot Melt Glue Gun* you don't know what your life is missing :haha:_

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-my-digitizer-in-my-smart-phone-need-special-glue.164531/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.

A:Can I use my phone to make my Internet even faster?

treetops said:

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.Click to expand...

???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-to-make-my-internet-even-faster.164630/
Relevancy 27.52%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 28.38%

so i am going to buy a phone pretty soon . and i was thinking for

samsung galaxy 3 or samsung galaxy pop .

so as galaxy pop is much cheaper and almost has the same features as galaxy 3 .

but for most of the review i read on the net it says that galaxy pop has horrible battery life . so is the battery really so bad . ?

so which phone should i buy ? galaxy 3 or galaxy pop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-phone-should-i-buy.163679/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I had been away from here for a while. I'm back with a problem. I would like to know how can I unlock GSM phone by myself??

The model: HAUWEI G2010
IME: 354093041304731

Hope I can get your help soon,

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-gsm-phone.163542/
Relevancy 29.67%

My daughter has complained runs Mobile speed at Athlon 40% that her machine feels sluggish and slower than usual for a while and I have been less than attentive putting it down to her impatience Mobile Athlon runs at 40% speed The board is an A N X-E Deluxe at Reev with a Mobile Athlon XP-M processor about which the writeup at Wikipedia is extremely complimentary Athlon XP-Ms were popular with desktop overclockers as well as underclockers The lower voltage requirement and higher heat rating resulted in CPUs that were basically quot cherry picked quot from the manufacturing line Being the best of the cores off the line the CPUs typically were more reliably overclocked than their desktop- headed counterparts Also the fact that they weren t locked to a single multiplier was a significant simplification for the overclocking process Some Barton core Athlon XP-Ms have been successfully overclocked to as high as GHz As per AsusProbe her processor is only running at MHz That s of what s possible and less than half the it should be Confirmed this with CPU-ID so it really is pitiful The BIOS settings were on Automatic and the grayed out values identified by square paren set look like the correct numbers X is spot on for a processor Not knowing why the actual was only X I tried to force a higher rate by modified the settings as shown behind the slash New effect zilch Code Advanced Chipset Features CPU External Freq MHz MHz CPU Frequency Multiple Setting Auto Menu CPU Frequency Multiple X X System Performance Optimal Aggressive CPU Interface Optimal Memory Frequency SPD Resulting Frequency MHz Memory Timings Optimal SDRAM Active Precharge Delay SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay SDRAM RAS Precharge Delay SDRAM CAS Latency T FSB Spread Spectrum AGP Spread Spectrum Disabled CPU Vcore Setting Auto Manual CPU Vcore V V Graphics Aperture Size MB AGP Frequency Auto System BIOS Cacheable Disabled That it is running slower is not her imagination When the CMOS was lost due to a weak battery the previous settings disappeared They must have been set to maximize performance from the Mobile chip If anyone can point out what it takes to make the Mobile chip run faster I would certainly appreciate it Note When external frequency is forced to to match the memory the chip accepts it and runs at Mhz nbsp

A:Mobile Athlon runs at 40% speed

The Barton 2400+ is supposed to be clocked at 1800MHz. Check whether AMD Cool And Quiet is enabled in the BIOS. If it is, disable it. The CPU should then definitely function at 1800MHz at all times. Cool And Quiet usually lowers the speed when the system is idle to conserve power.

The Bus Speed should be 266MHz with the multiplier at 13.5, I think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-athlon-runs-at-40-speed.161297/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi i m choosing between what kind types of Solid State Drive to be configure in my new mobile workstation The problem is i m not so familiar with SSDs and computer s hardware So i hope mobile between workstation types SSDs for Choosing of that i could get some help out of this thread on Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation the differences and the ideal choice of Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation SSDs for my mobile workstation Or should i just go for a normal HDD I will basically run Autodesk program ranging from Autocad Inventor Ds Max then Solidworks Bunkspeed amp Adobe programs These are the options provided by Dell Precision M and i wonder what brand do they uses for SSDs i feel safer to go with Intel but i really don t know GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Included in Price GB RPM SATA Hard Drive add cheapest GB Full Minicard Solid State Drive add cheap GB Mobility Solid State Drive add moderate GB Solid State Hard Drive add super high price HP Elitebook w GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB Solid State Hard Drive GB RPM SED SATA HARD DRIVE Thank you nbsp

A:Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation

it looks like they use Samsung FlashSSD drives.
http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...mobile_hdd&~lt=popup&~series=precn&~tab=other

they are not to bad actually and far better then i would have expected from Dell.
the Samsung FlashSSD on the website has pretty decent specs but i am not sure if that is the exact same drive with same specs.
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/...Brand_Flash+Drive+-+General_Samsung+flash+ssd

edit: in any case you probably would fair better with an aftermarket drive like the ocz vertex 2 or the corsair force but then you would probably not have dell's recovery partition on it etc. unless you clone it.

if you would do that you could either save by not getting a hdd altogether from dell or use the 7200rpm that it comes with as storage drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-between-types-of-ssds-for-mobile-workstation.160491/
Relevancy 27.95%

so heres my network setup...one modem/router (provided by my ISP) , it does not have wifi so i have another wifi router ....an ethernet cable from the isp modem is connected to the WAN port of the wifi router...both DHCPs enabled and all my network clients are connected to the wifi router...everything works flawlessly but my phone, (Sony Ericsson W960)....youtube doesnt work when i use this network setup...but if i make the wifi router act simply as a switch, then youtube works on my phone...any idea why this is happening? i want to use the setup that i have because it gives me greater control over the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-not-working-on-phone.159413/
Relevancy 28.38%

ok i have agreat pc the only problem is that i want to send faxes to the pc and my pc doesnt have a phone jack noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! bumer. well that sucks so i thought were or better what could i do to solve this problem. i vr tried looking at efax but im not sure i could send the fax from the fax itself to the email adress, so what should i do i have a dsl modem is there a way i could use this to solve my problem??

A:Fax to pc without phone jack

...my pc doesnt have a phone jack...Click to expand...

That just means it doesn't have a modem card. Have you considered getting one? They're very inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fax-to-pc-without-phone-jack.159357/
Relevancy 34.83%

Can you say that IF phenom 965 BE may be Locked from Begining , or its Pure Quad Core that is Fully unlocked from First !

for example i5 760 is Unlocked & there is nothing to Unlock , i wanna know if Phenom is just like that & wont be Locked !

A:Will Phenom 965 BE be unlocked or we should unlock it via mobo?

The Black Edition AMD processors are all unlocked from the get go ... nothing to worry about.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-phenom-965-be-be-unlocked-or-we-should-unlock-it-via-mobo.158324/
Relevancy 29.24%

tell me a suggestion.if (.net) is better.... then tell me reason so that i can do in that..now i have select java foe doing my project.but many of them are sugesting doing project with use of java for mobile computing is tough.

A:Whether doing project in java for mobile computing is easy or tough?

If you have to select Java to do your project, what would be the point in using .Net, unless I'm missing something here?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whether-doing-project-in-java-for-mobile-computing-is-easy-or-tough.157853/
Relevancy 29.67%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 30.53%

can u suggest a book for mobile computing :
with gsm; gprs etc.
for engineerign. could u also also suggest some sites where i can find matter on electronics engineerig?? notes, docs and the rest??
I tried ocw[mit] but cant make much use of it,

thanks.

A:Mobile computing?

You could try looking on scribd you have to sign up first once you have signed up do a search for what you want.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-computing.157422/
Relevancy 30.1%

I was just wondering what the members here at techspot thought about Boost mobile.. I was considering switching to boost mobile and wasn't sure about the service.

SOO, What are your thoughts?!!? Thanks =]

A:Boost Mobile service

did you see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_Mobile ?

Primary service is via Sprint - - how's your coverage and satisfaction with Sprint?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boost-mobile-service.157204/
Relevancy 27.95%

With proliferation of internet phones, does anybody have any idea how HyperTerminal used via dial-up through a traditional land line can be done with these new internet phone?

A:Using HyperTerminal over Internet phone

hmm; I think there's a problem with the concept.

Hyper Terminal is like Telnet; it accesses a shell account at the remote site.

*IF* a remote site would still have modems AND allow dial-in access, then one might
be able to make this work and your question then gets solved on the smartphone with the right App.

I think the premise is not very probable any longer - - who allows dial-in when 99.9% of the world is not DSL or Cable connected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-hyperterminal-over-internet-phone.156163/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

i have recovered some of my deleted videos with a recovery software but most of the filles can't oppen with any of the palyers that i have down load even down load the codec pack but still not working.. need a help on this as these videos are very important !!!!!!!!

A:Some videos I have recovered from my phone is not working!

A file doesn't get permanently destroyed and eradicated from your memory by simply deleting it from the directory structure. Instead, it is kept safe in a free memory area, stored in case you change your mind and need your file back. What gets deleted is the link pointing towards the file, so if you would compare a file to a book page, deleting the file does not tear the page out of the book, but rather deletes the page's index from the table of contents, represented by the file system here.

Still, your hard disk space is not infinite, so eventually the space your deleted files gets crammed into will fill up and no more "closet" space will be available. What the operating system does in such a case is overwrite the old deleted files with newer deleted files, so there's a certain time limit in which you could recover your lost data. For example, if you deleted a file from your hard drive a year ago, the chances are slim that you'll find it intact

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-videos-i-have-recovered-from-my-phone-is-not-working.155936/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I play alot of fps games. I was thinking of using my phone to connect to the internet on my laptop when im on the move. But my data plan is only 500mb. How much bandwidth do games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 use typically. I'm talking just unmodded vanilla servers. Will the 500mb be sufficient to play games on the odd occasion? Please note I rarely if ever use any of it on my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-phone-for-online-games.153514/
Relevancy 20.64%

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

A:Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-3-0-making-it-smoother.151804/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey, I've got O2 Home Broadband and it comes through my phone line via a DSL cable which plugs into my router which is downstairs in the kitchen.I also have a phone line in my bedroom where I am now, and I was thinking if I brought the router upstairs in my bedroom and plugged the DSL cable into the phone line and into the router up here would I still have an internet connection? both phone plugs are on the same phone line with the same phone number, I'm hoping to have a wired connection to my PS3 as I've been having some connectivity issues lately.

If I've confused you

-I've got a router downstairs, internet comes through DSL (Phone line to router)
-Bring router upstairs, plug it into phone line up here
-Still get a connection?

A:I get O2 broadband through DSL (phone line)

As long as the phone line in the bedroom is an extension of the phone line downstairs, or the other way around your fine.

Remember you need a DSL filter in each phone line (which should already be fitted). So if your moving the modem/router upstairs, but leaving the phone line plugged in downstairs, you must connect the phone via the DSL filter.

So:

Downstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > Telephone plug

Upstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > modem/router (and phone if your connecting one too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-o2-broadband-through-dsl-phone-line.151341/
Relevancy 30.53%

Need help for my technology and engineering assignment! Please define MOBILE COMPUTING!!! Best definition gets 10 points!

A:What does mobile computing mean to you?

This is an open question and 10 points would be for you not me. Throw this back at them?

What does MID mean to you?

Mobile Internet Device
A device that can be use mobile (anywhere that has access to the internet)

What does MCD mean to you?

Mobile Computer Device
A device that can be use mobile (anywhere to read/write access I/O data)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-mobile-computing-mean-to-you.150630/
Relevancy 29.67%

Are there any PDAs or pocket pc's that are able to run the full version of excel? i would like to deploy an excel file that is written with VBA to a mobile device to collect data.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-device-that-runs-full-excel.150393/
Relevancy 30.53%

Need help for my technology and engineering assignment! Please define MOBILE COMPUTING!!! Best definition gets 10 points!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-mobile-computing-mean-to-you.150299/
Relevancy 30.1%

with gsm; gprs etc.
for engineerign. could u also also suggest some sites where i can find matter on electronics engineerig?? notes, docs and the rest??

A:Book on mobile computing?

Mobile Computing whose authors are Yavagal Asoke,Talukder and Roopa contains all the topics of mobile computing including GPS,GPRS,etc. Its publisher is Tata McGraw-Hill,one of the best publisher. You can also refer Mobile Computing-A Book of Reading whose author is C S R Prabhu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/book-on-mobile-computing.148816/
Relevancy 30.53%

A:What does mobile computing mean to you?

Any communication away from home or office, for which no wires are connected to an unmovable object.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-mobile-computing-mean-to-you.148921/
Relevancy 27.09%

Using Windows XP Home and a Motorola RAZR phone camera I have an older RAZR and a new one I just bought With the older phone Sending pictures to my desktop as an attachment to an email Each picture shows up in the email with it s own number name under the picture e g - - I Problem sending to pictures from desktop phone download the pic to My Documents then I use Open With gt Photoimprission and all is well With the new phone In the phone each pic has a number name When the pics show up in the email there is no number instead under every pic it says Preview If I change the name I can download multiple pics to My Documents When I use Open With gt Photoimpression Photoimpression opens but the pic does not show up The problem is with the new RAZR I removed the battery amp sim from the new phone put them in the old phone and it works fine nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-sending-pictures-from-phone-to-desktop.149391/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,
I have a 256Kbps ADSL connection, my router is SMC.
whenever i do a connection speed test at ( http://us.mcafee.com/root/speedometer/default.asp ) i get 150KB downloaded in 9-10 secs in my PC ( connected via ethernet ), and 2.9MB downloaded in 18-19 secs in my Nokia n95 ( via WiFi ), so the question is how is that possible ? i repeated the test many times and always the same result....

Thanx in advance......

A:Why my cell WiFi is faster than my PC Ethernet?

u must be using a browser like opera mini on your mobile phone wihch connects through a proxy server, so the speedtest displays the download speed of THAT server and not your internet connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-my-cell-wifi-is-faster-than-my-pc-ethernet.147755/
Relevancy 29.67%

with gsm; gprs etc.

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobile-computing-books-and-resources.147702/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, i am doing a college assignment on mobile computing and was after a few ideas of mobile computing in everyday life that we use.

A:Examples of Mobile Computing in Everyday life?

If you are talking about mobile computing as in embedded devices:
Mobile phones
GPS/Sat nav
MP3 Players
You mean that sort of thing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/examples-of-mobile-computing-in-everyday-life.146861/
Relevancy 56.33%

Okay, so my friend has a prepaid cellphone from Virgin Mobile.

Sometimes we'll be having a conversation, and then something happens with the phone service or whatever, and I get the same text message maybe 20 times over the course of 5 hours or so, and during that time she can't receive any texts from me.

Then after a while, it goes back to normal, and her phone gets a flood of texts that I sent over the past few hours.
What the heck is going on?
Why does this happen?
Can we do anything to fix it?

I'm not so sure how cellphone SMS messages work exactly, so I would love some more information.
Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

A:Virgin Mobile phone sends same text message over and over again

Did you check with Virgin Mobile?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help-support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-mobile-phone-sends-same-text-message-over-and-over-again.145345/
Relevancy 58.91%

So I just moved Cell phone repeaters? into a new apartment It s a really nice place even has it s own fitness center for the community a car wash and free coffee will explain later with pictures I shall post but not in this thread Anyways the building s structure here totally messes Cell phone repeaters? up any signals inside the apartment except for right by the window of my room I get a bar of G signal And I mean RIGHT there like press the cellphone against the glass So I went online looking for a cellphone repeater to buy but there are so many models many of them ridiculously expensive or they seem to be I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to buy I just want to use my cellphone indoors not out on the porch I use voice texting and data services thus I really would like to make it so that G signal from AT amp T s tower gets there The apartment is square feet Yes it s huge but there are people living here though I want to hopefully be able to use the cellphone relatively anywhere in the apartment If I can t have that I ll settle for the back bedrooms mine and my mother sister s bedrooms Any information on these things would be useful I don t want to spend the - and find out that it doesn t do what I want it to nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-repeaters.143447/
Relevancy 27.95%

kk so i got this new phone LG Neon TE365

at first i thought this phone was gonna be amazing and all but it ended up being a real bugger

first off... the phone did not come with any usb cables installation cd what so ever

luckily i have bluetooth on my computer and i am able to transfer files to the phone

secondly, i can't set anything as a ring tone which is pissing me off

it gives me this "DRM FIle Only"

so basically i was wondering if anyone ever gets DRM File Only when setting ring tunes on LG Phones or any other phones

i found out unlocking the phone has nothing to do with it so please help =]

thank you
-friendly noob nosebleedXD

A:Need help with phone LG Neon te365

First, get the USB cable then download Bitpim and read the instructions for connecting your phone. Make sure your phone is supported first. The software is free and the USB cables are less than $10 US

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-phone-lg-neon-te365.128418/
Relevancy 29.67%

Do anyone help me save my sms text message to my desktop computer for backup?
If you can help me read and manager sms in computer will be great thankful
PS:My phone is HTC-p4500 on windows mobile 6.

A:How to save mobile text message to PC?

I'm not sure if this will help:

http://reviews.cnet.com/1991-11400_7-6416968-8.html

Says you should have software for it, you will also need the USB cord to hook it up to your computer, unless it has Blue tooth you might be able to get it off that way, but I doubt it. Goodluck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-save-mobile-text-message-to-pc.140887/
Relevancy 57.62%

i have only put this thread here because i couldnt find anywere else to post it i do appologise if it is in wrong place.
does anyone know why i can t send texts , everytime i go to send text message it comes up with a message saying service not available i can receive text messages & and use phone to make calls on .
i would be greatful if anyone knows what might be the problem.thankyou

A:Samsung sgh-v200 mobile phone

You will need to have a texting option opened by your cell provider...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-sgh-v200-mobile-phone.134145/