Windows Support Forum

Poor LAN wifi speed

Q: Poor LAN wifi speed

Hi My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around Mbps I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router I have this setup - Archer T U USB ac drivers updated - USB - Airport Extreme router ac Ghz only - PC is about meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between - All other equipment MacBook iPhone do not have wifi speed issues From the same point as the PC I get much higher speeds Mbps What could be wrong My rig PCPartPicker part list Core i - K GHz Quad-Core GeForce GTX GB - System Build - PCPartPicker CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U P SE CFM CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING AURA ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x GB DDR - Memory Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB Video Card Wireless Network Adapter TP-Link Archer T U USB a b g n ac Wi-Fi Adapter cheers Tex

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Poor LAN wifi speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Poor LAN wifi speed

Originally Posted by TexTwil

Hi,
My wifi connection between my PC and my router seems to be kind of slow as it reaches max around 50 Mbps. I'm not talking about my internet speed but about the speed between my PC and my router.

I have this setup
- Archer T4U USB 802.11 ac (drivers updated)
- USB 3
- Airport Extreme router 802.11 ac (5Ghz only)
- PC is about 3 meters away from the router without any walls or electronic devices in between
- All other equipment (MacBook, iPhone) do not have wifi speed issues. From the same point as the PC, I get much higher speeds (500Mbps)

What could be wrong?

cheers,
Tex

adjacent channels ?

The free inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 network analyser will tell you what you need to know about your local network and througput configuration including WIFI overcrowdinng ,overlapping and adjacent channel networks ,other newtorks (neiboors ) but outside of driver ,fiewall ,port configuration or HDWE problems .

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62399-poor-lan-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello all tech guy users I am having a really frustrating time with my wifi signal recently Here are the symptoms Max distance from router in which I can receive a signal is about ft Really slow upload and download speeds from MY laptop only My fiance s laptop had a DL speed of Mps and I don t remember the UL but it was much better than mine Screenshot to follow Internet will drop out while I still Wifi sudden Poor of Range and Speed the Slow all show connectivity to the router and then seconds later the router signal will drop out completely Just now my signal dropped out and from my laptop which is sitting three feet from Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden my fiance s laptop Hers has internet just fine What I have tried so far Changed Routers Changed broadcast channel on both routers Updated the driver for my Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden wireless Poor Wifi Range and Slow Speed all of the sudden network adapter Virus Scan Malwarebytes Full Scan Xirrus Wifi Inspector run Screenshot to follow Removed Windows ability to shut off my network adapter to save energy This problem occurred for the first time one week ago today I have been getting by since then but the hassle is getting to me Full disclosure time Right before this happened I had an issue with my laptop where the battery was not getting a charge I tested the power available to the plug and found the proper voltage there I took the cover off of the laptop and found that a solder joint between the power plug and one of the wires had come loose I re-soldered the wire and it charged up no problemo I took the cover back off this evening because I had a sinking feeling I messed something up but I found nothing The power plug on my Lenovo Y P laptop is accessed from above the keyboard just remove the speaker cover The wireless adapter is underneath and I didn t remove it or touch it when I worked on it I did take a look at it this evening and I did see that it only has one screw holing it down There were no quot witness marks quot where another screw was installed at one time so I just left it alone Hopefully those don t provide some form of continuity to the board beneath It doesn t appear so but I can t be certain System Details Lenovo Y P just over a year old Windows i processor gig ram I am student in my Junior year of engineering and I really can t afford to have these network problems Almost missed an assignment submission last night This has been an excellent computer until now I have some pretty hefty programs installed for my classes and it runs them flawlessly Also the internet works great on campus but I am never far from an N router hotspot Any help that anybody can offer would be greatly appreciated I was almost about to make a Yagi antenna out of an old Netgear USB wireless adapter then decided that I would just check here after I ran the speed test and figured something was up with my comp nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I m having problems with my new network setup I ve recently changed ISPs from a Mb Pipex line to wifi dropped noise to Poor speed, margin. and connections signal low a Mb Sky line Poor wifi speed, dropped connections and low signal to noise margin. but have been forced as part of my T amp C to change routers at the same time I was previously using a BT voyager router The new Sky router is a modified Netgear DG GT I have been told that it is possble to get the UN PW from the router so I could theoretically go back to the BT one but it is hidden I have also been Poor wifi speed, dropped connections and low signal to noise margin. informed that the router has been locked down by Sky to prevent firmware updates I am having problems maintaining ADSL connections with this new router and am wondering if this is Poor wifi speed, dropped connections and low signal to noise margin. due to the low noise margin I have The noise margin is generally less than dB and often as low as bB falling below dB on a few occasions I have also had problems getting good wireless speeds and can t understand why Connected by ethernet I get download speeds of c kbps and uploads of c kbps but on wireless I am struggling to maintain speeds of c respectively I have tried changing channels I have moved the router next to the wireless antenna separated by lt cm This has not helped and my speeds still don t get close to the ethernet speeds My partners laptop Broadcom g WLAN card gets very respectable speeds c kbps in some areas of the house and poor in others With the BT router she had good connections speeds throughout the house I recently fitted a new wireless card when my old internal USB card started playing up The new card is a Linksys WMP G The wireless connection is reported to be excellent I am running XP Home SP I have run TCPOptimizer Spybot S amp D Adaware SE AVG Antispyware scans and AVG antivirus and haven t found any problems I have Windows Defender AVG Antispyware Prevx PreEmpt SpywareBlaster AVG Free and Look n Stop personal firewall running at all times I have assigned static IPs to both my desktop and the laptop So Could my ADSL disconnections and poor wireless speed be due to my low noise margin I have heard some routers are better able to deal with low SNR than others maybe the Netgear is not one of these What can I do to improve my SNR Is it worth investing in a high gain omnidirectional antenna for my Linksys card or even the Netgear router or is that unlikely to improve things Or are the poor wifi speeds possibly just down to Netgear and Linksys not playing well together Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

A:Poor wifi speed, dropped connections and low signal to noise margin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-wifi-speed-dropped-connections-and-low-signal-to-noise-margin.549248/
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently set up a ftp server running on my new 10/10 (mbit) fiber line and i've been noticing some speed problems.

Both over FTP aswell as Http transferee protocols I've been noticing upload (others downloading from m server) being slow capping at aprox 200kb/sec, However when i use a program such as SKype to send my files to my buddies it goes up to 800-850kb/sec (yes the same people who downloaded for 200 from ftp/http.

Now i was wondering if there is possible to fix so the ftp server uses maximum bandwith aswell?

any help appreciated

Relevancy 57.62%

I just installed sprint dsl today, decided to check my speeds and found out they were really low, compared to what they advertised, for instance 265download as opposed to 500, i checked my distance from the CO and i am 1.3 miles so that cannot be the problem, i have double checked my connections splitters,filters etc, and still to no avail, i tried using the TCPoptimizer and when it recommended i change my mtu to 576 i gave up on that, as you know by now i have not tweaked my os, i will be grateful for any resources you guys can give, recommended software tweaks or manual registry entries anything at all.

THANKS

XP PRO
800Mhz intel chipset
256 ram
sprint {supplied} dsl modem
40 gigs HD

A:Poor Dsl Speed...help!!!

First off, make sure that your interior wiring is optimal, I'd personally run a direct connection from the telco terminal point to your modem using good twisted pair wire, and put a single filter on the other leg that goes to all the telephone equipment. Poor wiring and multiple filters will degrade the DSL connection significantly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-dsl-speed-help.235814/
Relevancy 57.19%

I purchased an Mblaze 1 week ago It is a dongle (Modem) from MTS.. 10 Gb usage is free. But the speed is 10 kbps averagely. I reside in between tollygunge and behala. Their website is not down.
Steps I tried
1. Win R + Recent, Prefetch, %temp%
2. TCP optimiser
3. Complainign at customer care
4. I tried it with Windows 7 (64 bit) & Xp (32 bit)
5. Uninstalling other network softwares like nokia pc suit & micromax
6. Disabling avast
7. tower is OK

Can anyone please help me?

A:Mblaze Poor Speed

Doesn't help if their website is down... Can you explain what is Mblaze is?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mblaze-poor-speed.1110261/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I am having incredibly slow downloading speed. 

I have updated XP. Unpluged n plugged in Modem. Reduced running applications. Ran Malwarebtyes...Symantec...and SUPERantispyware.

and still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

A:Poor Download Speed

What do you get with this speed test?  http://www.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/#ftag=MKT0d12852?ftag=CAD9f89b0c .

Do you use a router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543344/poor-download-speed/
Relevancy 56.76%

ive had poor wifi signal from my bt home hub since i got it 2 years ago. Ive even had bt give me another one as they said it may be faulty but its just the same.My desktop is connected to it by ethernet cable & works very well however my laptop even only 15 feet away in the next room struggles to keep a connection.Ive tried all the changing channel stuff but to no avail.
My old dynamode router would let my laptop work at the bottom of my garden!
Are these BT hubs just poor performers? Anyway to fit an external airial to it to improve signal?( Im not too bad with a soldering iron!)
Please dont suggest calling BT in Bombay as that is a trial in itself!

BTW my walls ARE solid brick but as I said the dynamode could easily give a good signal in the same situation.

Relevancy 56.33%

I have avast anti-virus and recently downloaded Malwarebites each removed a series of corrupted files/keys/registries/values. 

However, my internet download speed is still absolutely pathetic. I have a 12mbps connection and when tested through speedtest.net I am barely pushing 1mbps. 

Please help me fix my baby! Please. 

A:poor internet download speed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/519258 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519258/poor-internet-download-speed/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I have 2 laptop PC's.
One is running Windows 7 the other Windows 8.1.
If I do a speed test to speedtest.net (or any other site for that matter) I get vastly diffent speeds on the 2 PC's.

On the Win 7 PC I get a download speed of 85Meg. (Wireless or ethernet).
On the Win8.1 PC I get a download speed of 4Meg. (Wireless or ethernet).

If I start the win 8 pc in safe mode with networking the speed increases to 20meg.
Reboot and its back to 4 meg.

I have tried lots of different suggestions that I have found whilst searching the web, but nothing works.

The win 7 pc is a Packard Bell and the win 8 is an HP.

I am finding this incredibly frustrating.

Any ideas / suggestions anybody?

A:Poor download speed on Win 8.1 compared to Win 7

Just an update folks.

I reverted my Win 8.1 pc to win 8.

Pre revertion speedtest.net gave 4 Meg download speed. 11Meg upload.

Post revertion (i.e. PC now running win 8) speedtest.net gave 40 Meg download speed. 11Meg upload.

I think this proves that 8.1 seriously affects my download speed.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53649-poor-download-speed-win-8-1-compared-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently got a new Wireless card LB-Link BL-LW04-A2.
I'm able to connect to my wifi and I get 4 bar connection yet my download speed is 1mb. If I put my laptop in exactly the same place that gets about 20-30 mb download speed.

I have spoke to my ISP and they have said it's not a fault at their end. I'm thinking it could be braise my driers are out of date for my wireless card. I've been on the manufacturers website and there are new drivers but it won't let me download them.

Can someone please help me

Thanks in advance

A:Very poor Internet connection/speed

definitely try to update the drivers for the wireless card. Thats the first thing i would do. Then in addition to that; i would power cycle both the modem and router(if you have a router). Unplug both(if applicable) and wait about 1 minute or so; then plug the modem in first; and let that boot; then plug the router in and let that boot and see if it helps resolve the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319721-very-poor-internet-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am getting pitifully poor transfer speeds from an XP box to Speed Troubleshooting Transfer Poor box Ive tried using ftp as well as other copy programs even cmd line Task manager indicates that with any single connection I top out at about of the MB capacity Troubleshooting Poor Transfer Speed I can open several connections and Troubleshooting Poor Transfer Speed transfer in parallel with each connection topping out around KB until the processor gives out from too many concurrent tasks Interestingly I Troubleshooting Poor Transfer Speed tried ftpng to a different machine which then referenced the drive on the target through a network share For some reason this setup tripled speed per connection - but still no where near theoretical limits Again I can open several concurrent transfers each topping out at about the same speed until the processor gives out the best I have achieved so far is about utilization The drives in question are all RPM with MB buffers IDE I have also tried different controllers on the source and target machines without change This leaves me to believe that the nics or the switch may be the bottleneck However I do not understand why a net share from a different cpu was faster than straight to the target I also fail to understand why I cannot acheive the same utilization off a single connection I have looked around for settings in XP or that might limit individual connection speeds but nothing seemed to make a difference Any ideas Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-poor-transfer-speed.483800/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok, let me start from the get go I recently did a system restore on my comp and just got the updates microsoft let's you get. This is a two part question the other part is in hard drive support.

So I just did a restore and now my comp does that thing when your computer is laggy and you drag a box and it is really slow and such. like it makes 3 boxes behind it. it's not like making like a thousand boxes but it's very slow at moving. like when I scroll down in my browser it's very slow and looks like multiple refreshes. is there anything I can do to help this. Maybe it's related but when I boot my comp it'll say something about intel media cable not found or something I'll edit with specifics.

EDIT #1: Also this might help I get streaming videos perfectly. It doesn't lag on those at all.

A:[SOLVED] Oh **** poor refresh speed

hello Matt

have you ever run a (sfc) befor , this checks your core system files

also try running all your spyware scans and antivirus programs you may have restored to a time where your pc was infected

did you

defrag , disk cleanup, also a scan disk after the restore ,check your drivers in the device manager ?

i will be looking at you harddrive post now !! it might be the prob.

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-oh-poor-refresh-speed-185065.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys

Plz help.

I have a new HPG62 laptop and in recent weeks my internet speed has taken a servere nosedive. BT have renewed the cabling to property but connection still poor.

My LAN is showing as disabled in the task manager and my Wireless Network connection is connected and shows a link speed of about 19Mbps.

What can I do to speed up my connection?

Recent speedtest (prior to BT visit) showed:
download speed during test: 87 Kbps
acceptable range 50 - 250 Kbps
DSL connection rate: 1824 Kbps (down) 448 Kbps (up)
IP profile for line: 135 Kbps

A:Poor broadband connection/speed

Ok:Some questions.
What was the speed prior to "nosedive ?
Make and model of modem and router?
What speed are you paying for ?
If your download speed is 87 kbps,that is truly pathetic.How did you determine this ?
Are you supposed to have both a lan connection(
Ethernet cable connected to the router) and a wireless connection ?
If just wireless,may we see:
Wifi test exe. Hint from Johnwill

Download and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspecto from
www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
on the problem machine. Post a screen shot of the main screen(networks screen) here.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button
to upload it here.

Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_...g_a_Screenshot

May we see the results of a speedtest?
http://www.speedtest.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-broadband-connection-speed.1002575/
Relevancy 56.33%

WinXP Home SP2
Recently upgraded ADSL connection from 1Mb to 2MB.
Problem:
Although the tray icon says I am connected at 2.2MB ADSL, my download speeds are no better than when I had a 1Mb connection.
All speed tests including Bts own show a download speed of only 126KB/sec.
BT is unable to explain but believe its got something to do with my system rather than their service, which seems logical considering the tray icon shows 2MB connection.
No antivirus running, only zone alarm.
What could be wrong?

Relevancy 56.33%

I have CPU Intel Core i - Quad core GHz Mobo speed CPU & PC slow Poor utilization Gigabyte GA-P -UD P P pin DDR RAM Patriot Signature GB Poor CPU utilization & slow PC speed Ghannel Kit DDR for Intel pin Intel p AM The set-up is about year old amp my TB HD rarely shows defrag at worse than most Poor CPU utilization & slow PC speed partitions are On the whole I consider my computing is slow Slow to load slow to wake up slow to launch programs amp slow to shut down What infuriates me is that only very rarely do I see CPU utilisation higher than amp then it s usually around doing flat out file copying Also very frequently below I have a couple of widgets providing this info Core Temp reports RAM usage CPU Usage shows the utilisation average amp with each of quot cores quot As I write now I observe the RAM usage at between amp while the CPU usage is only Simultaneously TaskManager shows CPU usage for all running processes Can anyone offer some explanation I d be happy to run any recommended benchmark tests or what I might do to sort this out I can remember when my first Pentium II processor seemed just as fast although that rapidly lost speed nbsp

A:Poor CPU utilization & slow PC speed

You shouldn't expect more than a small percentage of CPU usage, so that is normal.
Same with RAM, except that 2GB of RAM is pretty normal too.
If you really think that your computer has a problem, it would most likely be virus related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-cpu-utilization-slow-pc-speed.162715/
Relevancy 56.33%

my wifi driver is not work properly.its range is so poor and after sometime it automatically loose the connection.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connectivity-is-very-poor/td-p/5620145
Relevancy 56.33%

Just bought this laptop last Christmas and I've been having no wifi problems until now. I was always getting full bars. The laptop came with Windows 10 64bit. I've been having problems with Windows 10 Start button so I reinstalled Windows 10. Now my wireless registers 1 bar when I set the laptop next to the router, 1 foot away. Just tomake sure I set up my iphone as a wireless hotspot, same thing, 1 bar (incidently, even though it is registering 1 bar it will not connect to wifi). I've gone to HP's support site and reinstalled the wifi drivers, no change. I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 7, no change. I suspect it's the driver. The device manager shows it as "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter". Incidently, my old HP laptop is still working in the original room with full bars) Any ideas? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Poor-WIFI-reception/td-p/5667655
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a big old desktop PC Huge metal coolermaster cm storm trooper case I connect to internet via Ethernet Works well But when I ordered the custom PC desktop a Wifi Poor on built machine I asked for an internal dual band wifi card just in case i had to ever move the machine where it was unfeasible to run a wired connection Out of curiousity I today screwed in the three antenna which were supplied to the back of the PC with great difficulty reaching the tight space and then joined my wifi on it Just gauge its working ok if needed At this point it's worth noting we use wifi at home all the time on our consoles and Apple devices and it works well with strong signals and good throughput But on the desktop machine I was testing it was terrible Barely able to connect and when it did it was at speeds of less than megabits and this Poor Wifi on a desktop PC is even with my access point in the same room is this because the antenna are right round the back of the PC largely metallic case with no clear line of sight to the access point I suspect this is the case and clunky desktop PC are not suited well to wifi I just remember we had a gaming laptop in this very room sometime ago which had absolutely no issues using the home wifi

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67021-poor-wifi-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all Really hope someone can help me here I am using an Asus RT-N U Signal for wifi at home has never been great but on a visit for Christmas to the in laws I was stunned My father in law has the exact same router His poor WiFi Signals. Really house is floors and god knows how many rooms The router is located in the study on the ground floor There wasn t a place in the house that didn t get me full signal So when I got home I was annoyed my router is hopeless To better understand I ve made some images First this is the WiFi map of my apartment It s a bed flat on one floor As you can see I shouldn t get that much drop off for such a short distance The wifi in the toilet bathroom is unusable and the nd bedroom is hopeless When I pop outside the front door the signal also drops Not to the point of unusable but watching youtube is futile I m on a meg connection by the way Here is some wifi scans of the area Firstly right beside my router Mine is the red one with the silly name Don t ask my partner did it Now another scan taken from the bathroom Finally my settings for the router The things I have tried Changing wifi channels Curently now set to u Increasing the TX power to Moving router away from DECT phones and the TV area But due to Really poor WiFi Signals. cable restrictions I can t move it any more Installing custom firmware on the device in an effort to increase range Used other wireless routers results similar The only thing I can think of is that there are too many other wifi signals in the area But if that is the case then wifi is more useless than I thought I ve also included some other images to help First image is of a WiFi scan with a new SSID from my living room and one from the bathroom I m pulling my hair out over this Unless my walls are lead Really poor WiFi Signals. lined I can t fathom it Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

This laptop has an awful wifi signal is there anything i can do to improve it.The signasl is only acceptable when very close to the router itself Chris

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Poor-Wifi-Signal/td-p/5598772
Relevancy 56.33%

Please help!I get really poor signal, it won't work more than 2 meters away. I have an HP Stream and have no end of problems It isn't the router as Ipad etc works fine. I've got no idea where to go next?

A:Poor wifi signal

Try reinstalling the Wifi driver from the hp.com site, that has worked for some other Stream notebook users here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Poor-wifi-signal/td-p/5780904
Relevancy 56.33%

Hiya guys,

I refurbed a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150) and all went well!

There is however 1 annoynance, the wifi shows vey low, and the internet is either very slow or unreachable.
If I move the laptop closer to the wifi router (Sky) the connection is excellent.
I tried to connect my other laptop and that connects fine strong stable connection (and it detects 4 other networks in the area, whilst the 1150 only sees the one network)

The wifi card I bought is a Broadcom 802.11B/G Mini PCI Wireless Lan Model BCM4306 (802.11B/G 54MB), it came with the drivers.

Have any of you guys any ideas? card faulty, wrong driver maybe...?

I am Looking forward to your replies!

Martin

A:poor wifi connection

I doubt it has anything to do with drivers. I would check to make sure the antenna lead is plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-wifi-connection.749522/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 55.9%

Change properties to properly So I m having a few problems with my computer that have built up from accidentally clicking on ads and going to bad sides when I go to IE for the first time of the day after turning on my computer my add ons aren t there and it tells me my add ons are disabled and to choose add ons the same thing happens after closing IE Along with this when I go to watch a video on hulu playing not speed Poor and videos properties or you tube it says Poor speed and videos not playing properties I can t watch it because I need the latest version of flash player when I already Poor speed and videos not playing properties have it and it works in google chrome though after I get my add ons on Internet explore to show up by letting Poor speed and videos not playing properties videos play on google chrome it works Now I can t even watch hulu at all but you tube works as long as the add ons are there I don t know if this has anything to do with it I m just trying to give the detail I was told to give Another problem I m having is choppy videos especially with google chrome IE isn t nearly as bad as google chrome when I play videos there it s really really choppy and recently the sound started getting choppy I should be able to watch videos in both browsers with no choppiness at all you know With that the only other symptoms I can think of is logging in to a site and posting in forums not working in IE anymore and speed I noticed a youtube video actually had to stop and load for a bit I know crazy right A couple other things is turning on IE or other stuff like word takes longer and having up multiple tabs lowers speed so much please help where it was totally fine a week ago My speed had been bad to begin with from going to shady sites and it got even worse when I did it again I know I m sorry I promise to never go there again Your help would greatly be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users joe AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users joe Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - f ff f- a - cd- -e ba c - C Program Files DailyBibleGuide bar bin vSrcAs dll file missing O - BHO ShopAtHome - A -F - A- CF- E CFB C F - C Users joe AppData Roaming ShopAtHome ShopAtHomeToolbar tbcore U dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO... Read more

A:Poor speed and videos not playing properties

I don't know if I got the gmer part right, it wouldn't save to my desktop just to documents where I couldn't find it when I went there, and it wouldn't open it with the notepad for me to copy it so I just pressed the copy button. I think it saved it in an alternate dimension. Is it right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-speed-and-videos-not-playing-properties.1119669/
Relevancy 55.9%

With Bluetooth ON, WiFi download speed is very slow and intermittent.  With Bluetooth OFF it's fine.  I've installed the latest WiFi Adapter driver.  It makes no difference.  Shouldn't I be able to have both WiFi and Bluetooth operational at the same time?  My other computer and devices can do so.   Do I have a hardware problem or a setup issue?  Just purchased the computer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-RTL8723BE-802-11-b-g-n-poor-Wi-Fi-Download-Speed/td-p/5601032
Relevancy 55.9%

hi guys...just bought a new system.

im having a problem with my unchached speed and memory performance...any ideas whats the problem?.

heres a rundown compliments of pcpitstop.

http://pcpitstop.com/TechExpress.asp?id=A74ESW607NVSXJXG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-unchached-speed-and-memory-performance.667395/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Have spent wasted better part of the last days not counting days previous to this current round of troubleshooting trying to save my PC and sanity Have limited funds need free fix Running XP -bit Deleted unused unwanted folders files uninstalled bad programs cleaned system w CCleaner have MalwareBytes Pro amp MSSE for and Speed Up Exhausted, Poor, PC to Need Solved: Slow protection Believe have pared down startup programs to minimum so don t have to mess with starting programs like iTunes as far as I can tell am only running programs at startup Added external hard drive last summer At first it did the trick now worse than ever I installed amp used it w o knowing enough about it Sometimes PC runs like bunny amp I get so hopeful Solved: Exhausted, Poor, and Need to Speed Up Slow PC Then Solved: Exhausted, Poor, and Need to Speed Up Slow PC it runs like Solved: Exhausted, Poor, and Need to Speed Up Slow PC molasses and quot tech rage quot soars again Though am largely self-taught I suspect that something is running in background that doesn t need to be I can t find it though Have checked Task Manager but am not knowledgeable as to what all those things are unless has name of program In addition when updating downloading uninstalling deleting program I discover that some app or program like MalwareBytes MSSE Games i e solitaire freecell that comes already installed w PC will drop off desktop at unpredictable times Doesn t happen every time So I study the forums faithfully and am hoping I have understood directions for submitting Hijack This info I need this PC for my job And after coming so far down the rabbit hole with her I m rather attached to her Please help Here is the Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe F Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe F Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system sol exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WOT Helper - C E A- F - E -BDD -A E FEB - C Program Files WOT WOT dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - C... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

I have high speed broadband. On my desktop, when I run speedtest.net, I get approx. 170-180 Mbps

If I disconnect the ethernet cable from the desktop and connect it to the notebook, and run speedtest.net, I only get 85 Mbps.

Any ideas?

T

A:[SOLVED] Poor Broadband Speed on Notebook

The Ethernet port on the laptop may only be rated at 10/100. Meaning the highest it could receive is 100 Mbps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-poor-broadband-speed-on-notebook-971881.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everyone I'm having this problem with the WiFi which I set up in at my grandfather's I googled quite a bit for this problem and never found a solution I've had the issues for quite some time but as I usually only stayed there for a couple of Internet connection over WiFi Poor days the last couple of times anyway I didn't spend too much time fixing it Now I'll be taking care of him for a week and I'm here for a total of almost weeks The Internet connection is very poor - sometimes web pages will load but not as quickly as they should sometimes they will load after about minute Poor Internet connection over WiFi sometimes they will load about halfway and just not go any further and sometimes page loading just gets stuck at the beginning There is never any message such as quot the server timed out quot of quot the server could not be found quot The problem only happens on my computer Lenovo ThinkPad X Tablet with Intel Advanced-N - I've seen at least devices at various Poor Internet connection over WiFi times using the Internet without any issues including his laptop thank goodness and my computer doesn't have this issue with any other wifi network the router is a Tenda single band Wireless-N W R I don't have the problem when I connect via ethernet but the ethernet connection is only available upstairs and I want to be able to stay downstairs when I need Internet on my computer because he can barely make it up the stairs I can also access the router settings etc without any issues Here is what I've tried although it could well be I don't remember evening I tried in no particular order Forgetting the network and reconnecting rebooting the router Forgetting every single WiFi network the computer has ever connected to after copying all the profiles to my memory stick including the profiles in another place - I forgot where that was now Setting the network as a public network and back to a home network again ipconfig release and renew ipconfig flushdns or whatever it was that clears the DNS cache using a different browser rebooting again and again looking through firewall settings temporarily turning off the firewall and trying to use the Internet still doesn't work As I've said Google didn't bring me any luck and I'm really confused with this issue It could be that the connection between this computer and that router never worked Does anyone have any ideas as to what in the world is going on here

A:Poor Internet connection over WiFi

Hi trainman, Welcome to Seven forums.

Try to upgrade the router's and your NIC firmware.

1- Change wireless router encryption to WEP, rather than WPA. (I understand switching to WPA2 could also help with some compatibility issues...)

2- Uninstall router management software that came with router (e.g. D-Link router comes with a program called “Network Magic”. It might interfere with the Windows-7 wireless software that is already installed)

3- Change wireless adapter settings: In "Properties", unclick "TCP/IPv6"

4- Change wireless adapter settings: In "Properties/Configure", disabled Ad Hoc QoS Mode.

5- Change wireless adapter settings: In "Properties/Configure", changed Wireless Mode to 802.11g

6- In Control Panel/Power Options: Change advanced power settings... Wireless adapter settings: set to Maximum Performance

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316637-poor-internet-connection-over-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My WIFI is very poor on my laptop. I have updated my drivers and checked my laptop across 3 networks.  Each time I was getting less than 1 MBps on WIFI and over ethernet i was able to get the full service data rate.  I have done all the necessary troubleshooting and im confident I need a new WIFI card. I currently have a HP RealTek RTL8188CE Half Mini PCIe that only supports 2.4ghz. I have looked all over and cant find a difenitive replacement. What is my best option for a new WIFI card?     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-G7-with-extremely-poor-WIFI/td-p/5851157
Relevancy 55.47%

I just purchased this laptop yesterday and I'm unsure why I'm receiving such terrible signals and receiving poor signal at my girlfriend's house as well. I'm getting two - three bars on my home network that is one room away from me.

A:XPS 13 2015 Poor WiFi Signal.

I rolled back driver to version 6.30.223.227 and it works perfectly now. 
Go to Device Manager --> Network adapters --> Dell 1560 802.11ac --> Driver --> Roll Back Driver
It seems to work by now...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19630537
Relevancy 55.47%

hi i am using wireless internet with my laptop pc in windows i use a shared connection in my appartment and i have some problems now -i was using internet properly for months without problems -my wifi signal strengh was at minimum and my connection speed was near mbps always but from - days ago i have some problems like -my signal strengh is or maximum and -my speed connection is only - mbps and sometimes even dissconnect severaly during connection -i am not able to use the maximum speed like before with my laptop but this problem strengh my signal poor wifi get why? very is only belong to my my wifi signal strengh get very poor why? laptop i dont have same problem with my desktop pc the only problem with desktop pc is the signal strengh why this happening how can i solve it note the router is in same position that it was before i have low speed even when i am behind the router feet i only have this problem with my laptop not with my pc and phone

A:my wifi signal strengh get very poor why?

Oh no. It sounds like someone in the apartment might have purchased something that is interfering with your wireless signal. This can be some new wireless thing they bought, including a router. Or, a baby monitor.

So I see two choices:

Try all of the difference wireless channels available in the router's configuration utility.

Failing that, try a new router with a very different frequency band. For example, if you have a 2.4 GHz router, then try a 5 GHz router.

The funny thing is, if this is caused by a neighbor's new router, then their signal is probably all messed up too!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/278238-my-wifi-signal-strengh-get-very-poor-why.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I'm having an ongoing wireless problem with my Windows PC in that speeds way poor 7? on Windows Best wifi to troubleshoot are a lot slower than expected and I even get intermittent 'connected to network but no internet access' problems I have two computers on my network a Windows PC and a Macbook With the laptop my download speed is regularly mbps But my PC can barely pass mbps I ran speedtest with the laptop on the floor next to the PC so I know they both have the same line of sight to the router My laptop also never drops the connection This tells me that the router cannot be at fault and that it's setup correctly I have the latest drivers for my PCI wireless adapter Windows is up to date So where do I go from here Best way to troubleshoot poor wifi on Windows 7? Is it possible that the wireless adapter just isn't very good I bought it as it had good user reviews Although it barely managers a signal strength higher than bars which according to Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector is about - dbm Very poor Is it likely that some adapters work better with some makes of router I have a Netgear router and the adapter it TP-Link Or could it be an issue within Windows If so where would I start looking Thanks in advance for any help

A:Best way to troubleshoot poor wifi on Windows 7?

I would suspect its the wi fi adapter. The signal strength is not high enough for proper operation.

Some adapter come with an antenna, or have provisions to add one, so one thing to look at.

The other thing to seriously consider is that the adapter you got is defective. If its returnable, I would return it either for a different model or exchange for another same model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/236371-best-way-troubleshoot-poor-wifi-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi folks,

Just looking for some advice (again ).

Moved house. went to set up ps3 and see that the wifi signal is particularly bad (30%) for online.
There is no possible way of getting the router near the ps3.

I am think that a pair of tp-link powerlines may play a role here, but may be mistaken. What are peoples experiences. would something like that increase ps3 signal? would 200mbps or 500mbps be better (they do diffferent models). I understand that it would make the connection for the ps3 wired, but am I right in thinking the laptop would just operate over wifi as it does already?

I just read you can get wireless powerlines as well.....aaaaaaaaa the stress of such much infor and gizmos. any hlep very much appreciated.

Cheers

A:ps3 networking - poor wifi signal

The performance of powerline adapters depends on the quality of the electrical system. You may get fabulous results, no connection at all, or anywhere between. Don't know any way to predict your results; buy a set of adapters that can be returned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps3-networking-poor-wifi-signal.1076377/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm looking to do the rounds with all of the best software and methods. I think I may have drank too much one night and accidentally opened a downloaded "media" torrent which contained an executable and clicked to run it by mistake. Ever since there have been mild odd malfunctions which almost seemed so subtle that they were mere glitches as we see in all technology. Technology has a personality, at least mine. But suddenly the same programs I always run somehow seemed to slow the computer down immensely and everything began to freeze up. If I stay in one window I'm fine for a while but opening/closing programs is seeming to take triple the time than before.

I have a feeling there was a manual I missed but if you tell me what to do to just give my laptop a full check-up and colonoscopy I would be ever so grateful. (Windows 10)

A:'Basic' - Sudden and Unusual Poor Performance Speed

Hi,Let's see if there is an infection; please follow the instructions below. Also, is there a certain type of program loading slower? or just all of them? Junkware Removal Tool (JRT)Download Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) and move it to your Desktop;Right-click on JRT.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Press on any key to launch the scan and let it complete;Credits : BleepingComputer.comOnce the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply; AdwCleaner - Fix ModeDownload AdwCleaner and move it to your Desktop;Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);Accept the EULA (I accept), let the database update, then click on Scan;Let the scan complete. Once it's done, make sure that every item listed in the different tabs is checked and click on the Cleaning button. This will kill all the active processes;Once the cleaning process is complete, AdwCleaner will ask to restart your computer, do it;After the restart, a log will open when logging in. Please copy/paste the content of that log in your next reply; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Clean ModeDownload and install the free version of Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNote: It's your choice if you want to enable the free trial of Malwarebytes Premium or not. Enabling it will give you real-time protection from the program, as well as access to all the Premium features.Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point;Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the Update Now button;Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan;Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs;Once the scan is complete, make sure that the checkbox by Threat is checked (it means that every item detected is checked), then click on the Remove Selected button;Click on Save Results after the deletion (in the bottom-right corner) and select Copy to clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply;Your next reply should contain:Copy+pasted JRT log;Copy+pasted AdwCleaner clean log;Copy+pasted Malwarebytes clean log;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611371/basic-sudden-and-unusual-poor-performance-speed/
Relevancy 55.47%

My wife's Acer Laptop is experiencing very slow Internet speeds with both Wired and Wireless connection.
It is setup through a TP-link WR1043ND router to a Docsis3 router to a cable connection.
I have tried wireless and wired using the supplied Nic's and have trie a USB Gigabit wired router and they ALL seem to run at about the same speed (see attachment) and my desktop (a more powerful machine) runs at FIVE times the speed (see Attachment).
Any ideas as to what the bottleneck could be?

A:Poor Internet speed Acer 5570 laptop

It wouldn't be due to limitations of the network controller chip of your wife's laptop?...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165324-poor-internet-speed-acer-5570-laptop.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Am having some performance issues with regard to bootup and internet connection speed. I have DSL but the fastest download rate I can get is 170kbps and should be around 1200kbps for my area. Is there someplace I can check the settings and or restore defaults. The other problem is that when the blue dell logo appears startup it just sits there for 5 to 10 minutes before finally booting up. Any advice or help that might guide me in the right direction would be appreciated. System is a Dell Dimension 700mhz P3 WinXP/SP2.

Thanks

A:Slow startup and poor internet transfer speed

Generally it is best to break up your post into separate posts for each problem, but let me take a stab.1. Have you used one of the on-line tests to determine your exact d/l speed?http://www.dslreports.com/toolsIf this tests significantly lower than the speed promised by your provider, you should call its tech support so they can check your connexion.2. There may be several causes for slow booting.One of the most common is that your computer is loading too many unneeded applications when it starts up. There are many applications, such as Spybot Search and Destroy, that list what is being loaded on start up and allows you to delete them. To determine which to delete, look these up at BC's Startup database.A second possible cause is spyware, which can be removed by several good, free applications like Ad-Aware SE.Another possible cause is lack of maintenance. Deleting junk and unneeded files, running scandisk, and defragging should be done on a regular basis.Hope this helps,Regards,John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/13838/slow-startup-and-poor-internet-transfer-speed/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all nbsp there are so many problems report about WiFi issues on Windows but I did not really find mine nbsp I'm running the HP ProBook with the Atheros series WiFi adapter It worked fine with Windows Professional Bit nbsp A couple of weeks ago I decided to upgrade to Windows Everything works fine except WiFi I can connect to the WLAN and the signal strength and network speed is perfect but after some time minutes or even hours it suddenly drops down and my WLAN router even states disconnected but it will repair by itself after some time I can force the self-repair-speed by disabling and enabling WiFi again nbsp But this is no good poor WiFi 470 after to 10 upgrading Windows ProBook solution WiFi must work reliable all the time when not moving ProBook 470 poor WiFi after upgrading to Windows 10 around and it work perfectly with Windows I hoped that Microsoft and the hardware vendors do manage the drivers after one year of Windows release but seems not to be so nbsp I already installed the latest driver from HP download site but this is already one year old and it was the same like Windows Microsoft did while Windows Upgrade So no change to be expected nbsp Before I downgrade again to Windows what else ProBook 470 poor WiFi after upgrading to Windows 10 can I do Are there some other drivers which might interfere with WLAN and might not be up to date Besides the WLAN driver I did not update others manually as I did ProBook 470 poor WiFi after upgrading to Windows 10 rely to the Windows upgrade process nbsp Volker nbsp

A:ProBook 470 poor WiFi after upgrading to Windows 10

Have you updated the Network adapter drivers?

I am a very busy person. PleasePlease click ?Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ProBook-470-poor-WiFi-after-upgrading-to-Windows-10/td-p/5698686
Relevancy 55.04%

I currently have the most recent driver installed and all other current W updates are installed but I am still experiencing poor WiFi performance I have also changed the wireless adapter setting power saving mode to Maximum Performance for both the On battery and Plugged in options in Windows 's advanced power options menu nbsp I also have the following options set on the advanced tab for the Realtek WLAN card Antenna Diversity Type Bandwidth MhzSelective Suspend DisabledSelective Suspend Timeout WiFi Config Performance nbsp After the Extremely Wifi 13 Speeds Poor Yoga most recent Yoga 13 Extremely Poor Wifi Speeds driver update my connectivity issues were resolved but my speed issues were not My current set up is as follows nbsp PC Lenovo Yoga w Realtek RTL A Wireless LAN n nbsp Router RT-N U IEEE a b g n nbsp nbsp IEEE u ab Firmware is up to date nbsp I rarely am Yoga 13 Extremely Poor Wifi Speeds able to exceed Mbps and am lucky to average between - Mbps I currently pay for Frontier Fios Internet rated at Mbps down and Mbps up nbsp Websites take a ridiculous amount of time to load and YouTube videos can't be played without constant buffering nbsp nbsp Every other device that I have connected to my router whether they are hard wired or wireless is able to maintain - Mbps even at peak usage times I currently have a MacBook Pro an iPad HTC One M Iphone Asus Essentio and an Asus X C laptop that are all operating as expected on my network nbsp nbsp I know similar threads exist on the message boards for the Yoga but none of the Solutions address this issue Please address this issue and post a solution that is a permanent fix for this laptop It has the potential to be an amazing device but the WiFi issues are keeping it from reaching its true potential nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Yoga 13 Extremely Poor Wifi Speeds

Dear anihilist

Welcome in Lenovo forums

Please try to update the driver using the below link 

Link : http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS031976

Please let me know once you done 

Thanks 
Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-Extremely-Poor-Wifi-Speeds/td-p/1179669
Relevancy 55.04%

I poor power internet issues. Wifi am using a new combination modem router and discovered that my poor wifi internet reception on my laptop continues to be low I check the my wifi Mbps speeds which are highest when the computer is first turned on and quickly drops off I use a speed test app on my android phone to check the wifi speed and it remains close to my mbps that I am paying for but my four year old laptop is suffering terribly My ability to download films results in hours of time involved but usually ends up disconnecting I use a metal stand to keep the laptop cool What is the problem OR what could be the problem Is it going to require professional help or is there something I am not thinking poor Wifi internet power issues. of My laptop battery only has around minutes of power on its own Otherwise everything else is fine Operates fine just my wifi reception is poor I will point out that the closer I get to the modem router the better the reception In fact if I am right next to the router I have almost the full wifi reception I am paying for Thank you for your support and help

A:poor Wifi internet power issues.

Hello, and Welcome

See if changing the channel on the Modem/Router will improve the signal.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/21132/change-your-wi-fi-router-channel-to-optimize-your-wireless-signal/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536635/poor-wifi-internet-power-issues/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have poor wifi signal on Windows 10. Right now for example i have -90dBm but when i change to linux i have -60dBm.I dont think its my router becouse i checked it on my university and firends houses. I tried reinstalling drivers, format windows 10, clean instal windows 10 and nothing. Checked if some cables didnt plug off, they are fine. My card is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-50-70-poor-wifi-signal-on-Windows-10/td-p/3463314
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I need help I installed Windows 7 on my laptop.  Wi-Fi connection is very poor. My Adaptator is : Broadcom 802.11n I thought that this is because of driver and I tried to install WLAN driver for my computer from this page : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7609954&swLangOid=17&swEnvOid=4063. But driver installation is failed with error "Update.cpp 1205". Thanks for your assistance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Connection-very-Poor-and-I-get-quot-Update-cpp-1205/td-p/5684399
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, I need help I installed Windows 7 on my laptop.  Wi-Fi connection is very poor. My Adaptator is : Broadcom 802.11n I thought that this is because of driver and I tried to install WLAN driver for my computer from this page : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7609954&swLangOid=17&swEnvOid=4063. But driver installation is failed with error "Update.cpp 1205". Thanks for your assistance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Broadcom-Wifi-Connection-very-Poor-and-I-get-quot-Update-cpp/td-p/5684399
Relevancy 55.04%

I have poor wifi signal on Windows 10. Right now for example i have -90dBm but when i change to linux i have -60dBm.I dont think its my router becouse i checked it on my university and firends houses. I tried reinstalling drivers, format windows 10, clean instal windows 10 and nothing. Checked if some cables didnt plug off, they are fine. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y5-70-poor-wifi-signal-on-Windows-10/td-p/3463309
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a HP 15 AC083TX laptop. i updated all the drivers, but even if i keep my laptop just 1 metre away from the router the bars are drastically reduced to just 2 bars. any idea what is wrong?

A:The WiFi card in my laptop has poor range

What router u have? Can u test with a different WiFi device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-wifi-card-in-my-laptop-has-poor-range.1159955/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have poor wifi signal on Windows 10. Right now for example i have -90dBm but when i change to linux i have -60dBm.I dont think its my router becouse i checked it on my university and firends houses. I tried reinstalling drivers, format windows 10, clean instal windows 10 and nothing. Checked if some cables didnt plug off, they are fine. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y50-70-poor-wifi-signal-on-Windows-10/td-p/3463310
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a new Flex laptop maybe a month old and am experiencing horrible wifi performance out of it We have other wifi devices in the home connecting to the exact same access points right next to the problem laptop that do not experience any of these problems This is on a clean install of Windows x The network is a robust ghz and ghz network with high bandwidth gbps to the internet The issues are seen when sitting - feet in direct line-of-sight to two different access points nbsp After disabling power-saving features for the adapter max performance all the time I no longer see much latency to common domains like google com test via continuous ping I'm unable to browse to many websites or they take several minutes and or repeated attempts to load Windows utilities also frequently indicate they cannot connect to the internet hen I use the same browser via a wired connection the page loads immediately nbsp The issue almost seems like a layer or issue given that continuous ping - either Performance Flex Poor, WiFi 15 3 Spotty - to my default gateway or to a domain like google com Flex 3 15 WiFi - Poor, Spotty Performance - is continuously successful with low latency ms I've tried drivers both off of Windows update as well as Lenovo's website to no avail I also have updated BIOS to the latest version available on Lenovo's website as I saw earlier there was an issue between Bluetooth and the internal wifi card I've disabled Bluetooth as well for good measure nbsp Ideas before I try to wade through the mire Lenovo support

A:Flex 3 15 WiFi - Poor, Spotty Performance

Some users reported that their WiFi reception became intermitent, slow or completely unusable after installing Windows 10, check the event viewer for system/driver errors. It seems that the WiFi adapter drivers for Windows 10 are the source of this behavior. It happened to me, went back to Windows 8.1 and everything is working fine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-3-15-WiFi-Poor-Spotty-Performance/td-p/2135219
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

i just got new hardware and switched OS from XP to WIN7 (Home Premium 64 bit).
When i copy data via my ethernet connection (LAN cat 5e cable) the transfer rate is about 3 to 3,5 MB/s

I use MSI Mainboard Z77A-GD55 with Intel network adapter 82579V (onboard), latest drivers installed,
cat 5e ethernet cable, TP-Link Gigabit Switch.

This is what i did so far:
-autotuning disabled
-ipv6 disabled
-Remote Differential Compression disabled
-firewall disabled (antivirus software not installed yet)

but no improvement

what else could i check? where do i have wrong settings? any ideas?
thx for help, i am really lost here

cheers
Harry

A:poor transfer rate in 100/1000 Mbit LAN ethernet but only 3 MB/s speed

*bump*

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270734-poor-transfer-rate-100-1000-mbit-lan-ethernet-but-only-3-mb-s-speed.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Long time listener first time caller Here s my hijackthis log- I ve determined that Norton products are process sucking pieces of crap Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C month! Solved: a speed! performance HELP PLEASE! poor for Consistent and Popups Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec Norton AntiBot agent Bin NABWatcher exe C Program Files Symantec Norton AntiBot agent Bin NABAgent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Solved: Popups for a month! Consistent poor performance and speed! HELP PLEASE! Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files HPQ HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Symantec Norton AntiBot agent bin NortonAntiBot exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C Program Files Microsoft Broadband Networking Solved: Popups for a month! Consistent poor performance and speed! HELP PLEASE! MSBNTray exe C Program Files Symantec Norton AntiBot agent bin NABMonitor exe Solved: Popups for a month! Consistent poor performance and speed! HELP PLEASE! C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUPDATE EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf laptop O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant quot ProgramFiles HPQ HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files ... Read more

A:Solved: Popups for a month! Consistent poor performance and speed! HELP PLEASE!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-popups-for-a-month-consistent-poor-performance-and-speed-help-please.621936/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am stumped with regards on how to fix this one I am running a custom built Sager NP- Windows bit system I am actually multi booting this system Running Linux on one partition and Windows on other partitions The Windows partitions are for all intensive purposes poor very Ultimate-N 6300 - speed Centrino Intel connection the same configuration wise Here is the strange part the wireless connection on one of the windows installations Call it Win OS is perfect - great connection speed Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - very poor connection speed range is great etc etc So the hardware is NOT faulty The other Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - very poor connection speed Windows partition Call it Win OS has a terrible time connecting -- the speed is slow read it as quot unusable quot It wasn't always like this and I don't recall when it became this way as I normally connect using a wired connection On Win OS I have uninstalled the driver reinstalled the latest driver scanned for Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - very poor connection speed virus' trogans malware found nothing and I still can not get it to work properly I have checked all the property and advanced settings for the Intel Centrino Ultimate-N card -- they are set exactly the same as on the Windows installation that is working perfectly Does anyone have an idea as to what else I could check to try and resolve the issue without having to reinstall windows again Thanks for your assistance

A:Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - very poor connection speed

Sorry to have to bump this thread, but does anyone have any ideas regarding this issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/231837-intel-centrino-ultimate-n-6300-very-poor-connection-speed.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello fine men and women of sevenforums What you are seeing here today is a man's steady progression signal, Desktop wifi if poor Random getting very any. disconnects. from sanity to complete unadulterated madness All was good and well in my Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. PC until the fateful day someone decided to unplug my house's modem for a mere seconds Now this is usually if anything a FIX to people's internet problems therefore your guesses are as good as mine as to why it completely obliterated every shred of Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. hope I have I Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. believe my adapter is called the quot RangeMax tm NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B quot I have tried just about every fix I can think of yet the problem persists My computer is incapable of holding a steady connection with my home's wifi network At some points in the day it is impossible to even connect to the network Other times it just BARELY seems to connect and fittingly it can BARELY complete any basic task For the most part it says it's connected yet shows no actual signs of being so as in it can't load ANYTHING Beyond that when it is connected and functional it sporadically will disconnect completely from the network only to rejoin say ten seconds later As I'm sure you all understand this is incredibly frustrating As I said I have tried several things to get it all back in tip-top shape I have started of course with a simple reboot I have completely reset my router's settings as well as changing the radio channel it operates on Nothing changes From that point on I knew that the problem was solely with my computer and that the rest of the computers on the network were able to use the wifi connection perfectly normally From there I uninstalled my wireless adapter and deleted the drivers then re-installed the hardware and drivers Then I became both lost and enraged like a feral ape who just escaped his exhibit at the zoo I daintily removed all the wires connected to my PC and threw it overhead at the wall But alas still not fixed In conclusion I'm really losing it here folks

A:Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects.

Hi Hawk,

Can you provide the information thats requested in the link below? It will help while we troubleshoot your problem.

Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373393-desktop-getting-very-poor-wifi-signal-if-any-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Greetings guys, I've run into some network issues here.  I've noticed that my wifi signal became very poor, like modem is 2 feet from me, and laptop has very poor wifi signal (it wasn't like that before). I opened the laptop to see what's going on. I saw this wifi card ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/792608-005-792200-001-GENUINE-HP-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-CARD-ENVY-M6-P-M6-P113DX... ) . It has 2 connectors, BUT only one antenna attached to it. Where is the other antenna ? I'm pretty sure they should always include 2 antennas ? I've tried searching for it, but i didn't want to go further and disassemble all other stuff, since i don't know if i am losing warranty by it. but from what i could see, there wasn't second antenna included. I don't know why is my signal so poor, it wasn't like this before. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/15-ac035nm-Only-one-wlan-aerial-antenna-really-poor-wifi/td-p/5743636
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Since upgrading to Windows 8 64bit from Windows 7 64bit, I've had the following issues over wifi on my laptop:
Often wifi seems painfully slow. Often images do not download at all, and web pages do not download completely.
Sometimes when I open a new tab in chrome from a link, I just get a blank tab, with no url.
It feels like these 2 issues are related - as if the system intermittantly decides to stop making any effort to get a webpage.
This can happen when the laptop is the only device on the network that is using wifi.
Device Manager:

Any help is greatly appreciated!
regards,
D

A:Poor wifi behaviour and blank chrome tabs

It sounds like either TCP/IP network stack or winsock is messed up which is a fairly typical problem.

Winsock entries tells Windows 7 how to access your network services. Additionally, your TCP/IP protocol can be corrupted. The TCP/IP protocol is a stack of 4 layers that includes several transport layers, but when this stack is corrupt you will constantly have connectivity issues.

Type or copy each command one at a time into an elevated command prompt then hit "enter" after each one, then reboot your machine.
netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

If it's something on the wireless side then you should install Xirrus wifi inspector. A screen shot of this will show me the wireless landscape in your area and adjustments can be made from there.
Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/14126-poor-wifi-behaviour-blank-chrome-tabs.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Wifi connectivety has always been an issue in HP, but now it doesn't recognise device farther than 3-4 meters. Kindly let me know what I can  do for this.

A:Extremely poor wireless connections (on responds to the wifi...

Hi: What model wireless network adapter does your notebook have?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Extremely-poor-wireless-connections-on-responds-to-the-wifi/td-p/5654710
Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 53.75%

please help! i do have problem with my wifi connection,it will show poor single strength sometimes it disappers,i changed my wifi adpter from Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter to media tek bt seeing some of your suggestions but no use.please help me i dont have any problem with wifi acessing point.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/problem-with-wifi-connection-it-will-show-poor-single/td-p/5806358
Relevancy 49.88%

My speedtest.net performance is 30 Mbps download, and between 0.3 and 2.0 Mbps upload. If I start in safe mode with netorking, I get download and upload speeds of 25-30, my contracted speeds. Obviously, something loading in the full mode interferes with upload speed. I have tried restarting in safe mode with all of the items checked in the services and programs tabs in msconfig, and still get excellent up and download speeds. How can I figure out what is interfering with my upload speed in normal mode, but not in safe mode?

A:Poor upload speed in normal mode, fine in safe mode

Use msconfig to determine what is causing the problem

How to use msconfig in Windows 7

Click on Start then Run, type msconfig and press Enter.
Click on the Startup tab, record what is currently starting then click the Disable All button.
Reboot and see if it runs better.
If yes then use msconfig to enable several items at a time till you find the culprit.

If no, start msconfig and click on the Services tab.
Check the Hide All Microsoft Services box, record what is currently starting then click the Disable All button.
Again, do a regular boot, see if it runs normal.
If yes then use msconfig to enable services till you find the culprit.

Once you've found the culprit, uninstall it or find out how to eliminate it from your system. Simply disabling it in msconfig is a temporary fix at best.
Enable everything else you disabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234511-poor-upload-speed-normal-mode-fine-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Summary- ThinkPad T550-just over a year old and out of warranty- completly dead with some sort of hardware issue. Lenovo customer support- refused to stay on the line to offer assistance since it was out of warranty.  Good product and support, I tell you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/ThinkPad-T550-poor-product-Lenovo-poor-service/td-p/3340762
Relevancy 48.16%

Our LAN connection runs about mbps down up our WIFI runs about mbps down up Given there s a wall or two between quot the hub Up Way to Any WiFi? the Speed quot It s a steel building there s nobody running off the WIFI except people with cell phones I installed a TS Link WIFI Extender outside the walls in the shop which receives - bars There s manual mills lathes and CNC equipment in the shop as well as a shop computer for clocking in out and a MSC vendor that are LAN connected Pretty much all that connects to the WIFI are cell phones and the shop laptop Is it Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? simply the interference on GHz in the shop Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? that muddles the signal the wall s in between or is there anything I can do to get it up to at least loss in data Here s my Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi? setup INTERNET NETGEAR WNR lt LAN gt ---CAT e Crossover--- BUFFALO AC AP lt WIFI gt --- NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt lt --- FIREWALL THAT I D Ced Watchguard Firebox SOHO was getting MBPS LAN with it lt LAN gt NETGEAR -PORT SWITCH lt LAN gt NETWORK MBPS Down MBPS UP lt LAN gt NAS lt ----- Need to access through WIFI The Netgear router doesn t give a constant signal while the Buffalo does I was originally going to reroute the the Buffalo to DMZ THRU on the firewall but the firewall didn t like it I know that firewall is about years outdated I don t intend to use it What I need to know is will it significantly increase WIFI speed to just use the Buffalo without the Netgear there Also what will I need to get ac connection from the Buffalo router Has there been a standard set for it yet I m also open for firewall suggestions that have legit DMZ THRU SonicWall Thanks Blake Rawlston Machinist IT Anarchist Southeastern Tool and Design nbsp

A:Any Way to Speed Up the WiFi?

removed your email, as that's a great way to get on spam lists.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-to-speed-up-the-wifi.1112377/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I was at the airport other day,waiting for my flight, and i used a WiFi hotspot to access to my blog. I noticed that although the hotspot claimed to run at maximun data rate of 54 Mbps the throughput I achieved was a lot less. can you explain to me why that might be?

can you explain the term 802.11 standard to me ??
thank you.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guys,
Have an issue with my internet speed, I am currently subscribed with an ISP for 60Mb/s Connection and I can only get that speed via cable over wifi it goes down to 26Mb/s, after I called my ISP they told me I had to buy some other wifi device that extendes my signal and is able to transmit more then 26MB/s so I bought a NetGear EX6100 Wifi Range Extender and set it up as an access point on the 5GHz channel it is currently connected via cable with the ISP Router but still im only getting 26Mb/s.
Im stuck what did I do wrong ???

A:Wifi Speed

My cable service plan is for 150 Mbps download.

I get 150 - 170 Mbps on ethernet and 30 - 50 Mbps on wireless.

I've tweaked my wireless connection as much as I can and still get the much slower speed.

It's still fast enough for my needs, so I've learned to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.1149319/
Relevancy 48.16%

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection? (Wireless N)
Speed keeps changing.

A:wifi speed

What is the best way to speed up a secured wifi connection?Click to expand...

Determine what is causing the slowness and then rectify the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed.827975/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Like a lot of similar threads here I am experiencing slow wifi speed on out of laptops I have a Virginmedia wireless n Superhub UK all in one modem router set at mbps and speed wifi Low my tariff is for mbps download speed laptops experience no problems at all wireless g connects at mbps wireless n connects at mbps another wireless n connects at mbps These connection speeds are consistent and do not fluctuate Low wifi speed All have consistent speedtests of mbps download and mbps upload The remaining laptop has fluctuating connection speeds of anywhere between - mbps and a speedtest of between - mbps This laptop is my wife s work from home machine - Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel wifi Link agn adapter Office is situated one floor up from the router and phone socket We have a wireless phone jack so no cabling is run directly to the office I thought this may be giving off interference but I disconnected it and still got the same wifi results I have used all working laptops in the office and have experienced no change in connection speeds speedtest so am assuming that the issue is not interference I haven t yet hardwired the laptop or tried to update the driver Just wanted to run this by you first before I make any changes Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I is speed WiFi very low barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now i have problem with wifi drivers I WiFi speed is very low am using windows ultimate x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped WiFi speed is very low on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp nbsp nbsp No one answered me in my last post so im posting the same question again nbsp nbsp

A:WiFi speed is very low

Hi, There are few posts around. Please use others Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-very-low/td-p/5854571
Relevancy 47.73%

Six months and still not got a mother board for lenovo y510p. No proper date of resolution. Worst Experience with Lenovo. Escalated Services_ED <[email protected] and [email protected] . But still didnt got product after 3 monthsof excalation.  I dont want this laptop want to gift it to lenovo for providing worst service and degraded quality product.Kindly make arrangement to take my dead laptop for free . 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Gifting-my-laptop-to-Lenovo-Poor-service-and-poor-quality/td-p/3339427
Relevancy 47.73%

First off, I didn't know whether to post this in gaming or hardware. Sorry.

My question: If there is dust on the videocard and fans or other poor condtions in my computer, can it affect performance in gaming? FPS wise?

Thanks, Andrew.

A:Poor computer conditions = poor gaming performance?

I think any build-up of dust can lead to poor performance due to heat. And heat can lead to crashes, BSODs, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230704-poor-computer-conditions-poor-gaming-performance.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINHOME System smss exe C WINHOME system winlogon exe C WINHOME system services exe C WINHOME system lsass exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C WINHOME System svchost exe C WINHOME System wltrysvc exe C WINHOME System bcmwltry exe C WINHOME system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm with WIFI ??? 50% Loss Speed LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINHOME Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINHOME system TFNF exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? exe C WINHOME system hkcmd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINHOME system THotkey exe C WINHOME 50% Speed Loss with WIFI ??? system TPSMain exe C WINHOME AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C WINHOME system TPSBattM exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINHOME system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C DOCUME somebody MOE LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run LogitechCommunicationsManager quot C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe quot O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run TouchED C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchED TouchED Exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINHOME system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TFncKy TFncKy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINHOME system THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run TPSMain TPSMain exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINHOME system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINHOME system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Belkin Wireless Utility lnk O - Global Startup EZ-DUB Finder lnk C Program Files EZ-DUB EZ-DUB exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF C A- BE- B -A BB- B FE A ewidoOnlineScan Control - http download ewido net ewidoOnlineScan cab O - DPF - f - bb - d -fa d f a ab YInstStarter Class - C Program Files Yahoo Common yinsthelper dll O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C E - E- D- CF- A F FB NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Pro... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50-speed-loss-with-wifi.530879/
Relevancy 47.3%

Had D-link and got sick of the problems. Went with Belkin router and PC Card.
Ran great for a month...............then it all went to hell.
I have a 5 meg cable conx and I lose at least 50-70% of speed with WIFI.

Running XP . Are there any configuration settings I'm missing?
I was letting Belking manage the connection but that was killing my CPU , so I went back to letting Windows run it. Seemed to have helped, but my CPU is still sluggish..........slow opening browsers. Streaming is fine.............conex stable.
Cursor sticky and slow.

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently upgraded my VDSL speed to mbps down and mbps up Since the upgrade my speed is only WiFi only Help. half speed. at about half I am reading at about - mbps download I had down and up prior to the upgrade And always got full speed over WiFi I get my full speed over a ethernet cable I have a actiontec V modem router or as Qwest calls it the Q It supports N Its also dual WiFi only half speed. Help. band My laptop wireless card is a Realtek RTL B WiFi only half speed. Help. wireless b g mbps usb network adapter I have tried changing the channel of my router I also tried changing the power level of the radio signal I also updated the driver I changed the channel of my realtek card as well I am stumped I also called my ISP tech support They have no idea whats wrong The person I spoke to thought n was a model number If anyone knows what I can do to fix this it would be much appreciated if you could help nbsp

A:WiFi only half speed. Help.

Welcome to TSG!

Sorry to say that's all you'll get with 802.11 g. The 54Mbits/sec is the maximum physical layer bit rate. Actual throughput will be around 24 Mbits/sec Max.

Only way to "fix" it is to upgrade to 802.11 n.

I have an 802.11 n setup which connects at 130 Mbits/sec, but the Max throughput is around 60-65 Mbits/sec.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-only-half-speed-help.931578/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

my wifi seems very slow under Windows 8 and is acting like its been "capped" by something.

When running Windows 7, I was getting approx 60MB actually download rate off of my apparent 120MB Virgin Media service, now that I am on Windows 8 it appears to be running at 20MB.

The drivers have been updated to the one that was on the manufacturers website, before the update was applied my download was capped at 1MB.

Does something need changing / tweaking on Windows 8 to make it more friendly to high speed broadband?

Cheers

A:slow WiFi Speed

How are you measuring your speed?

Speedtest.net?

What antivirus program are you running?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26123-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi guys, is there a way to increase wifi speed to make i go fast like a cable connection?

any surgestions would be good?

A:is there a way to increase wifi speed?

Hi there

1)Your Router needs to support the new Wireless-N standard up to 600 mbs from the presemt 54 mbs (WIRELESS-G).

2) Your Wireless card need to support it too.

Wireless-N routers are a bit more expensive -- and the problem is that if you are using a Laptop it's not easy to change the wireless chip so you'll have to use an external USB Wireless-N card -- also not cheap.

I don't think there will be too many PUBLIC WI FI places that will have wireless -n system for ages yet so you are stuck with wireless g @ 54 MBS max.

If you are on a shared wireless connection then the number of users will also slow it down -- especially if you have a load of users such as in a Hotel downloading Music / streaming audio into their hotel rooms etc.

Here's a wiki on Wireless-n (do further research as always with wiki).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11n-2009

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/57489-there-way-increase-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi nbsp My notebook has a relatively slow WiFi connection to the wireless router I Searched this forum and found some advice which related to the network adapter settings WiFi Spectre Speed HP I tried this advice and it did not work for me http h www hp com t Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking Wifi-speeds-slow td-p nbsp Data Windows latest updates are installedi - CPU and GB RAMNetwork adapter driver version from May My WiFi Speed was only Mbit Second nbsp The WiFi Speed of my wife with her Lenovo positioned as the same spot is Mbit Sec and my iPhone connects with Mbit Sec nbsp After playing with some parameters I found out that changing the advanced setting of the WiFi adapter to prefer the Ghz channel increased my HP Spectre WiFi Speed speed to Mbit Sec This parameter might help some other people that have this issue but I am still disappointed because my speed is still half the speed of the competition Lenovo has a Broadcom WiFi adapter nbsp Does someone have any solution to this issue nbsp HP Spectre WiFi Speed Thank you nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-WiFi-Speed/td-p/5708847
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have one of these wireless cards Asus WL-138g v2 and I have it running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit the card stays connected but is painfully slow when downloading and using the internet. I have tried a collection of different drivers removed anti virus software, disabled all start up items and services but this does not solve the issue. The only thing I have found so far that does solve this problem is to boot into safe mode and then it works fine and is not slow at all. Anyone have any ideas on what might cause this issue?

THanks

A:Slow Wifi Speed

As always check to make sure you have the most up to date driver from Asus. Also check and/or disable any software firewall that may be negatively affecting the connection.

Another thought that comes to mind is... what are you connecting to with this wifi card? Is this your own network, or? What is the signal strength of this connection? Screenshots may be helpful here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188248-slow-wifi-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ive been getting latency lately while playing wow, due to the addition of another computer using our verizon fiber optic internet. Is there a program out there that could boost my internet speed and possibly help me get more out of a connection that is already pretty fast? Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

how can i increase or improve the speed of my wifi connection. it seems like everytime i go on the web, it takes quite a while to load the page. just a little bit faster then 56kbps. the wireless router is right in the other room.

when my friend brings his laptop over, it seems as though he gets fast connection eventhough he's downstairs...

wassup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-speed-increase.215817/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, I am using windows 8 in my laptop and Ubuntu in my desktop PC. In the desktop, I used to browse the internet by connecting LAN cable. and using WiFi on my laptop. I am using Acanac's unlimited internet plans in Quebec. The browsing speed is comparatively high in Ubuntu than windows 8. Is there any mechanism to boost the browsing speed in windows 8? I am not very familiar with Ubuntu. Most of the times I use my laptop to browse. If you have any solution, please put it here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623669/to-boost-wifi-speed/
Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought HP G N y es notebook and I have major problems with it First I barely installed drivers for graphic card AMD R M i have to use outdated drivers now and now is WiFi terrible speed i have problem with wifi drivers I am using windows ultimate WiFi speed is terrible x I installed newest drivers first Broadcom b g n WLAN Driver for Windows American International nbsp Download speed in my Utorrent client was - kb s nbsp It ocassionaly jumped on - kb s where I want it to be all the time but it only lasted for minute or two nbsp Usually on my PC is aprox kb s After that I installed WiFi speed is terrible older version of that driver Rev B May and the same thing happens And my signal of WiFi WiFi speed is terrible is always full because I sit meters from router so there is no problem with my WiFi adapter Also I tried probably all solutions i found on your site overhere nbsp

A:WiFi speed is terrible

Hi, Please run a speed test to see what do you get          http://www.speedtest.net/ Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-speed-is-terrible/td-p/5853015
Relevancy 46.87%

My son was given a laptop for his birthday last year and it has a cracked hinge nbsp After much research I ve learned that this is a very common problem in this laptop We called customer care center different times and stayed on the phone for at least an hour each time We Customer & Poor Poor Service! Quality were told Poor Quality & Poor Customer Service! a box would be sent out for repair His laptop was still under the yr warranty at this time nbsp Today we called again to get some answers and nbsp they have no record of Poor Quality & Poor Customer Service! us calling Poor Quality & Poor Customer Service! Surprise surprise We still have not received any return box and his warranty has now of course expired nbsp I will never purchase another Dell product again in my life Also I ll warn everyone I know to stay far away from your products nbsp A yr old kid has a quot new quot computer that he uses a stack of books to prop the screen to use his laptop nbsp because of a cheap screws and plastic casing This is unacceptable and shame on you Dell nbsp

A:Poor Quality & Poor Customer Service!

Hi,
We?re listening. We?ll surely have this reviewed and let you know with the right information. We don?t want to see our customers upset and inconvenienced. We request you to PM us with the service tag, registered owner?s name, your email address and any reference number in regards with the previous conversation with Dell. We?ll be more than happy to look into it and assist you further.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992092
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, I just bought an HP Pavilion X2 with windows 10, working well, but the sound quality really isn't good, there seem to be no bass even with good headphones on.I've seen some stuff about drivers, but I don't if it would work because it's not the same computer. Thank you if anybody can help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Poor-sound-poor-bass-HP-Pavilion-x2/td-p/5821669
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there trying to increase the Wifi speed -- have a decent Wifi adapter with ac capability - connected to USB port Speed should be up to - Mbps instead of the Mbps it shows I KNOW the cable speed via LAN is really fast - so is the built in Wifi router that the cable company have given me not up to the job for Wifi -- I really would like to get rid of loads of LAN cable around the place That's why I don't like these boxes the ISP issues you with thereoretical below Wifi well (802.11ac) speed - there's minimal tinkering you can do with them - but you have to use their cable box as a typical Router connects via the phone -- that phone connection system has long since disappeared where I am Seems that the cable boxes you get hobbled with by the ISP company - while OK for LAN seem to not be built for the fastest Wifi Protocol Anyway round this Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac) --- any call to the cable company seems to involve my worst nightmare -- long waits on the Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac) phone to some Indian call centre where the staff at the other end haven't a clue what I'm talking about -- all they seem to mouth over and over again - Is your Internet working --YES IT IS but that's not the problem Grrrhhhhhhh Cheers jimbo

A:Wifi speed well below thereoretical (802.11ac)

Hi Jimbo,
there are a few tweeks you can make here,
Throughput enhancement is the major amendment just depends on your adapters options.
and then theres the bandwidth 5.2 is faster.

see screenshots, notepad Advanced are mine

Roy

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39642-wifi-speed-well-below-thereoretical-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Here USB vs WiFi comparison sustained speed s my setup In my bedroom I have my modem wireless router Netgear WGR v and my desktop computer which has a large HDD with all my movies TV shows and music In my living room I have my Xbox and new device I just recently installed PBO Patriot Box Office Core Media Player The media player has ports for USB and ethernet hard drive connections Basically what I m looking for is a way to convert the wireless signal in my living room into a physical connection ethernet cable which I can plug into my USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison PBO and watch high def p resolution videos from my desktop I know that a USB wifi adapter would be simpler but there s one thing I m trying to determine before I buy bottlenecking I crunched the numbers not quite sure how USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison accurately mind you haha and here s what I saw - a recent bandwidth test using my desktop reported my upload speed around kpbs KB s whereas the sustained speed of USB is reportedly anywhere from MB s to MB s way higher Does this mean that USB s top potential sustained transfer rate is being bottlenecked by my internet connection speed Are my numbers helpful accurate at all Any input is much appreciated nbsp

A:USB vs WiFi sustained speed comparison

USB device will always be limited to the bandwidth of the port. You can't make the wireless go faster than it's rated bandwidth either. The USB will not be bottlenecked, it will take whatever comes in up to it's rated bandwidth.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-vs-wifi-sustained-speed-comparison.1042320/
Relevancy 46.87%

Dell Inspiron 1545 w/ Vista
Using the Wifi connection to the internet (wireless) to building Wifi, the signal strength is strong but the speed is poor. My regular desktop shows speeds are fine (used in the same area). (Desktop >16Mbs...Laptop <1 to 4.5Mbs.

Dell help is non existent. Computer given to me by son of recently deceased friend,

Relevancy 46.87%

Way too often my wifi cuts out and I need to use the troubleshooter to restart it, When it returns my speeds are cut by 50- 90%. It is NOT a problem with my wi fi as speeds on my desktop stay stable.  My Upload speed however stays the same. Really tired of a failrly new computer having this problem frequently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-download-speed-reduces-by-50/td-p/5759090
Relevancy 46.87%

I purchased this laptop new. Wifi works fine with even 50MB speed.  Videos buffering seamlessly. But if I connect a bluetooth headset or mouse or my phone, Wifi stopped receiving the signal, movies stopped playing and I have to disconnect the bluetooth to get it back. I'm facing this problem from Day-1. I have enabled automatic update in the HP support assistant and all the drivers are upto date. I spent a lot of money to buy this laptop but ended up in frustration with this kind of problem ruining such a high end laptop.

A:Bluetooth reduces WiFi speed

Hi,           Could you try re installing the wireless and the bluetooth driver, please use the links provided below to get the drivers. Wireless : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75001-75500/sp75249.exeBluetooth: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74988.exe RegardsSatishHewlett PackardClick on " Kudos Star " icon on left hand side if resolved.I am a HP employee, but the comments in this forum is of my own and does not represent HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-reduces-WiFi-speed/td-p/5673404
Relevancy 46.87%

My first book went 4 months good speed functional loved it. Then DEAD
BB replaced ..then one week after receiving the new unit. Unstable and even though we have 100 mbs speed the book only runs at 7 SEVEN.
Try that on you tube 4K. Hah.
Tried the supposed fix in RegEdit
To nanda. Any clues folks before I depart to Linux,

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441508-wifi-speed-drops-zip-first-week-use.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have a high-speed Internet connection at home The main computer is connected through an Ethernet cable off a cable-modem and both the download and upload speeds are excellent just as the ISP claims it to be Then the afore-mentioned cable-modem is linked to my Mbps TP-Link WR ND router so that I can get Wi-Fi on my iPhone Internet WiFi Speed Home I have been running several Internet speed Home WiFi Internet Speed tests and the download speed just won't go any higher than Mbps Upload speed is perfectly fine Gone through some tutorials and then all the settings on the router and everything is fine Plus the iPhone is designed for Wi-Fi ultra-high speeds well over Mbps Am I missing something How come I cannot get any more speed When I do the tests the phone Home WiFi Internet Speed is just centimetres away from the router so there's no walls objects or anything that may slow things down by over as it is the case What can I do Is there any possibilities of getting at least of the maximum speed

A:Home WiFi Internet Speed

This really isn't a Windows 8 issue , you will need to ask in the TP-Link support area/forums to see how you can change your wifi channels etc to maximise your throughput.

I can say that under normal use you will never get 300 Mbs using wifi , the network overheads and more will reduce that to 180-200Mbs maximum , 300 is a very idealised figure.

As for iPhone 5 , I do remember there were issues with wifi speeds , binarytoad details the issue here iPhone 5 Slow Wifi Fix (workaround) - YouTube

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30901-home-wifi-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, my laptops wifi speed drops from 54Mbps down to 1Mbps which is often causing me to disconnect from web application etc I am currently using a usb wifi dongle and the speed does not drop from 54Mbps which has made me believe the problem lies with the laptops internal wifi settings, after re installing my internal wifi's driver to a more recent version the problem is still the same, I am using a lenovo t61 laptop and my wirless router is a D-LINK DSL-240R, please help with any suggestions on how to fix my internal wifi so that its speed is a constant 54Mbps as my 2 other laptops and notebooks are all at 54Mbps, because of this I believe this is an isolated problem. Many thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

For my laptop, the speed was 300Mbps few days before but it changed to 54Mbps last night. I did not change any settings for my router and adapter and the only software I installed during this period is Windows update of March. I found the client monitor in router's setup page displays 802.11n is disabled. So what are the reasons?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I've got the adapter driver to be the latest one.

A:WiFi speed down from 300Mbps to 54Mbps??

set wireless channel to automatic?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219952-wifi-speed-down-300mbps-54mbps.html