Windows Support Forum

Internet connection drops frequently, requires hard reset to fix

Q: Internet connection drops frequently, requires hard reset to fix

Hi as stated in the title I'm having awful trouble maintaining a stable internet connection It freezes regularly the windows network diagnostic which only runs when not frozen otherwise fix frequently, connection reset hard requires to Internet drops just sits on a looping progress bar when network issue occurs says quot Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings quot I switched from Chrome to Firefox thinking that might be the problem but the issue persists I don't believe I'm doing anything particularly network-intensive so I'm at a loss I don't think it's the router as other wireless devices work fine I'm connected through LAN via tplink homeplugs to an EE Brightbox router using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller if any of that helps I'd read that it may be something to do with router MTU settings or automatically assigning a DNS to the PC but I'm unsure how to change these settings I'll paste any relevant settings if anyone can advise me what commands to run Edit Also running AVG antivirus which I understand can cause problems

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62379-internet-connection-drops-frequently-requires-hard-reset-fix.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Internet connection drops frequently, requires hard reset to fix

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 97.61%

My connection goes to Off Line very frequently and I have to cancel it to get back online. Any thoughts as to what may be going on?

A:My internet connection drops frequently

JPK,
Welcome to 7 Forums and sorry to hear about your disconnect problem.
Who is your ISP provider and is this a recent issue with your connection?
I would check you cables to the internet as a starting point.
Post back and let us know.
THW

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160294-my-internet-connection-drops-frequently.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello everyone!It's been 4 months since I'm suffering from this issue. My internet connection drops every 15 minutes and takes about 2-3 minutes to reconnect. In the meantime the wifi  connection is still working and strong (5 bars).I've tried all methods to solve this issue, dns  flush, dos, ip  address, driver update... I even connect my laptop to a usb wireless dongle to figure out if it is a hardware issue, but same result. I tried to connect to another wifi network but also the problem remains. Strangely when I connect my computer to my phone internet data via wifi it works perfectly.My phone, iPad are connected to my home's wifi  without any problem.Any idea? Many thanks in advance for your help.

A:Internet connection drops frequently

I'd recommend checking the channel setting and wifi encryption on the router, try setting the channel to a static channel (6 and 11 are normally safe bets) and ensure that the key encryption is set to WPA2-PSK, not auto or both WPA and WPA2, if you are unsure how to adjust these settings then contact your ISP

***********************************************************************************************I do not work for HP**********click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks**********If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution***********************************************************************************************

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Internet-connection-drops-frequently/td-p/5725536
Relevancy 95.46%

Its really becoming annoying...especially when playing online mmo's...sometimes the wireless connection just goes "no internet access", sometimes the internet speed just drops to near nothing (like waiting 30 seconds to load google).i tried to update the driver, that didnt worked...the router isnt the problem since my xp laptop is working fine.i dont know really much about this kind of stuff..so the only solution i have is to reset my router or my wireless adapter and it works..for a certain amount of time.could someone tell me the cause of this problem...or possibly find a solution? any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Relevancy 84.71%

Every once in a while, my laptop loses connectivity and cannot be reconnected to the wireless signal unless I turn the computer off and restart.
What the heck is going on???

A:Internet Connection -- Lost and requires hard shut down

Fill out your system specs so we know what kind of computer and hardware you are using.

Does this happen on every wireless network you use, or just one in particular?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185035-internet-connection-lost-requires-hard-shut-down.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Belkin wireless G router connected to both my destop and laptop. the connection to my destop is local and the connection to my laptop is wireless. My wireless connection drops frequently while my destop does not. Plz help

A:wireless connection drops frequently

Try updating the wireless adapter.

How is the signal to strength?

Are you using encryption on the wireless?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-connection-drops-frequently-407802.html
Relevancy 82.99%

At the rate of about once every one to two minutes the computer drops LAN connection and then reestablishes it Process repeats continually Process seems regular though I did not time it Tried Different modems bypassing the router different cables Computer Lan Frequently Drops Connection AdAware scan AVG scan I'm stumped and would really appreciate assistance here and any illumination you could provide Many Thanks JacobFollowing is a Hijackthis log file made while the event was occurring It happens continually Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection PM on Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC Program Files Toshiba Controls CpRmtKey EXEC Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeC WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exeC WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exeC toshiba ivp ism ivpsvmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC Program Files Wire PortalMon exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Stata Labs SAproxy Pro sa-gui exeC WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXEC WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC Program Files Stata Labs SAproxy Pro saproxy exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Documents and Settings mark archer Desktop HiJackThis v exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adb search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adb www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr System panels blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run CeEKEY C Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run CpRmtKey quot C Program Files Toshiba Controls CpRmtKey EXE quot O - HKLM Run CeEPOWER C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeO - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exeO - HKLM Run TPNF C Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exeO - HKLM Run Pinger c toshiba ivp ism pinger exe runO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run IVPServiceMgr C toshiba ivp ism ivps... Read more

A:Computer Frequently Drops Lan Connection

Hello and welcome to BC.Go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and remove if Kaspersky online scanner is present prior to downloading the most up-to-date one.Now run this online scan using Internet Explorer:Kaspersky Online Scanner from http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscannerNext Click on Launch Kaspersky Online ScannerYou will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files: Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT Now click on Scan Settings In the scan settings make that the following are selected: Scan using the following Anti-Virus database: Standard Scan Options: Scan ArchivesScan Mail BasesClick OK Now under select a target to scan: Select My Computer This will program will start and scan your system. The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run. Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected. Now click on the Save as Text button: Save the file to your desktop in txt format.Copy and paste that information from Kapersky in your next post.====================================Restart your computer=====================================Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt <-this one will be minimizedCopy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt here.Please attach extra.txt to your post.To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, andcopy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box: C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt
Click Upload.=================================Please post back the Kaspersky report, main.txt and extra.txt.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95938/computer-frequently-drops-lan-connection/
Relevancy 82.99%

Randomly my internet will lose connection, saying "the default gateway is not available." It tells me to check the physical connection which isn't the problem, because I've checked it multiple times and found it to be fine. I can reconnect to the internet if I disable the network adapter and reenable it. Additionally, if I run the Windows troubleshooter, that will fix it as well.

I'm running Windows 7 with ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 for my motherboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I'm having this problem with my windows 7 OS Lenovo Ideapad Y450 laptop.
when i try to connect to the internet at home, it connects and before i could go into the internet browser, it drops again. this continues to happen for many times until i couldnt do anything with it.
what's the irony is that i have other laptops (vista OS) at home running with no problems , and when i am in school, my Lenovo laptop connects perfectly. no signs of dropping of connection at all.

A:Windows 7 connection drops frequently for no reason

get this free program called inSSIDer and run it on the laptop. Walk around your place and see where the drop it starts and ends. Then you need to buy a Repeater and place that in the dead drop zone. The repeater is 100% wireless no need for hard-wire cable from the router to it.

In the meantime make sure your router is reset and also have the latest firmware for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-connection-drops-frequently-for-no-reason.146184/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.

I am trying to track down a problem I am having with one laptop. Other wireless devices on the network are not showing the same problem. Connecting to the router by ethernet resolves the problem.

Over a 120 second period, the wireless connection drops and reconnects several times. Each time it drops it almost immediately picks up and re-connects. The "down time" is usually between 5 and 20 seconds.

I have updated the driver for the wireless card (it was out of date) but this did not resolve.

Reading posts here - I see you typically need to see a WiFi inspector screen shot - which I have attached. You can see a couple of "drops" on the graph.

Not sure what to do next. Your help is very much appreciated.

Mim.

Relevancy 79.55%

I ve had this problem for the last - months or so I m running Windows XP with a LInksys WRT- G router Whenever I am downloading a file there is like an chance my internet connection will drop within minutes The only way I can avoid this is downloading a file that takes less than minutes to download or occasionally I ll get lucky and it won t disconnect Sometimes I won t even be downloading anything just streaming a youtube video or something and then it mystery drops - very Internet frequently drops frustrating The only resolution I can use is to reboot and then the internet is back up I spoke with my internet company about it and they had said my internet connection hadn t dropped in days according to them so it was probably something on my end I tried unplugging the router and then downloading some large files to see if the connection would drop Sure enough it did So I m pretty sure the Internet frequently drops router isn t the problem the cable company according to their employee is not responsible either Internet frequently drops so any ideas what could Internet frequently drops be happening nbsp

A:Internet frequently drops

Well, the first thing I'd try is a different computer downloading straight from the modem. If it still drops, it's the modem, interior wiring, or the ISP.

You need to narrow this down and make sure it's not your computer before beating on the ISP some more.
Let's run a test from your computer.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-frequently-drops.825889/
Relevancy 79.55%

I ve seen this around a lot nowadays many people are having the same problem as me I keep dropping internet connection Sometimes I have to reset my modem and sometimes internet stops for a few seconds and comes back on almost slows down I ve called comcast earlier too drops frequently!! Internet way today but as always they never fix the problems The operator reset the router from there and it looked like things changed but I still drop Internet drops way too frequently!! connection Anyways here are specs of my Internet drops way too frequently!! modem Software Version SB - -SCM -NOSH Hardware Version MIB Version II GUI Version VxWorks Version my signal at the momment Downstream Frequency Hz Signal to Noise Ratio dB QAM QAM Network Access Control Object ON Power Level dBmV was before comcast reset my router moves from - Upstream Channel ID Frequency Hz Ranging Service ID Symbol Rate Msym s Power Level dBmV moves from - My logs are a bit different now I think because comcast did something from their place something changed but connection still drops but havnt gotten a -critical notice since then - - -Information DS multicast is not mapped to SAID - - -Information B Map Reject - Downstream Traffic Flow Not Mapped to BPI SAID - - -Information B SA Map State Machine Started - - -Information SNMP Working in SNMP V c Only NmAccess mode - - -Information INITIALIZATION COMPLETE - MODEM IS OPERATIONAL - - -Information B Authorized - - -Information SEC Co-Signer CVC from configuration file was verified - - -Information REGISTRATION COMPLETE - Waiting for Operational status - - -Information REG Capability type lt gt isn t supported by CMTS - - -Information Registration file - downloaded - - -Information Trying to download Configuration file - - -Information Time of day - retrieved - - -Information DHCP - parameters acquired - - -Information DHCP ACK Setting CM TFTP Boot file d m sb bronze c cm - - -Information DHCP Setting CM IP address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Syslog Server address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Time Server address to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Subnet mask to - - -Information DHCP Setting CM Gateway address to - - -Information DHCP OFFER Setting CM TFTP Boot file d m sb bronze c cm PLEASE help me it s really getting annoying now if u need more info on something ask away nbsp

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days I have a dell xps with water cooling the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs I have a dual boot setup with - gig hard drives Vista Ulti and Win Pro I have a qx extreme chip and gtx video cards gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card Drivers were all updated reset 7 Windows ro 64 hard requires Freezes Everything was running pretty good after the inital install a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW vista does the same thing occassionally After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem Then the freezes became more often And can happen at anytime sitting at desktop gaming or surfing internet My descent setup is now crap Currently I used driver sweeper Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset and removed the nvidia display drivers and am now running windows display driver WDDMV and these didnt fix it either Any help would be appreciated Thx

A:Windows 7 ro 64 Freezes requires hard reset

Quote: Originally Posted by Serbsniper

Hi I have a problem which has gotten worse over the last few days. I have a dell 730 xps with water cooling, the water cooling fan went out causing over heating and shut downs. I have a dual boot setup with 2-500 gig hard drives, Vista 32 Ulti and Win 7 Pro 64. I have a qx9650 extreme chip and 2 gtx 280 video cards, 8 gigs of Corsair Dominator ram and a Creative Titanium Pro sound card. Drivers were all updated. Everything was running pretty good after the inital install, a few freeze ups maybe while playing WOW, vista 32 does the same thing, occassionally. After dell repaired the watre cooling they also replaced the mother board, this ruined my dual boot setup and after talking with microsoft tech, they did a repair which fixed the dual boot problem. Then the freezes became more often. And can happen at anytime, sitting at desktop, gaming or surfing internet. My descent setup is now crap. Currently I used driver sweeper 2.1.0 and removed the nvidia display drivers, and am now running windows display driver 8.15.11.8593 5/14/09 WDDMV 1.1 and these didnt fix it either. Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Hi and welcome

We are going to need a ton more info before we can be of much use to you.

First thing we want to do is look in event viewer. Next time you freeze type eventvwr in search. goto the windows log>application tab. You want to look for errors ( they have red "X" in the left hand column). when you find them and you will, use the built in snipping tool (type snipping in search) to make screenshot and upload it using the attadchment icon( shaped like a paperclip) on the reply form

See Pics
Let us know if you need help with that

ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/45204-windows-7-ro-64-freezes-requires-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello im quite new to this forum so please be patient with me Im decently tech suavy able to do my own hardware and software upgrades and identify some problems but still learning My computer is just over a year old and it began acting up nearly a month ago The problem occurs during gameplay I only currently have games on my computer WoW and CoD MW and during both games and no given specific time the computer freezes and the monitor loses signal I have recently noticed that during this freeze I still receive audio which makes me think it has something to do with the video card My specs are as follows Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Ram GB bit Operating system running on Windows Vista w service pack I have a newly installed PSU about months old running at amps i believe And a GeForce GTX Video card installed around the same time as the PSU If you could help me with my situation in any way it would be greaty appreciated nbsp reset. Computer freezes, hard requires

A:Computer freezes, requires hard reset.

Bumping for reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-requires-hard-reset.962745/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am running Win 8.0 with the StartIsBack overlay and a wireless Motorola SBG6580 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway. I am 12 feet from the gateway and usually have 4 bars in signal strength but as I use the internet I drop to 3 bars and my web pages don't update. Within 1 minute after that I get No Internet Access on my wireless. I disconnect and reconnect and everything is good again for about 3 to 5 minutes then it happens again. If I reboot the gateway all seems good for a longer time. My wife runs Win 7.0 and does not have any problems. I am running a secure WEP wireless. My next door neighbor has an unsecured Motorola SB6800 gateway that I can connect to and am not dropped ever. If I connect an Ethernet cable to the gateway it works great. I am betting this must be a config problem in my laptop (Dell inspiron X14) - anybody have any solution to this?

A:Win 8 /Motorola gateway drops internet access frequently

The SB6580 is notorious for wifi drops. You are better off getting a SB6141, a wired router like the TP-Link TL-R600VPN, and an Access Point. I use the Engenius ECB-350 with no issues.

When your provider loads their firmware on the SB6580. There is something in there that causes wifi to become very poor in stability.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/44460-win-8-motorola-gateway-drops-internet-access-frequently.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Originally I thought my issue was game or even driver specific but I ran into it again on a different game today so I figured I should ask on here So here goes My issue is that my computer will randomly freeze sometimes while playing games and its usually in locations that aren't really graphics intensive The three places it's happened so far are World of Warcraft multiple times several of those in the same area Arma only once and now Tom Clancy's The Division Open Beta twice in the same area I originally Computer - Hard Sound Requires Freezes Continues Reset - thought it was just an issue with World of Warcraft but then it happened on Arma and after a while it stopped happening altogether Just today I tried the Division Open Beta and it happened again I can still hear sound just Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset fine which in and of itself isnt that strange a sound file could be really long and just continue to play while the computer is frozen but I can still hear people talking over VOIP too however unlike other similar issues that I've read about I cannot interact with the program at all Clicking pushing buttons etc do not produce any new sounds and the people on VOIP cannot hear me talking to them I cannot alt-tab ctrl alt del or really do anything I have to hard reboot What drives me insane is that no errors show up in Event Viewer or even in WhoCrashed so I have no idea what is causing it I have an Antec W PSU so I dont think it's a lack of power I've read around and didnt see anything that helped and the few threads I saw that were similar didn't sound like my issue Here's what Ive tried -Updating graphics drivers clean installation-Ccleaner-Checking Event Viewer nothing shows up there were event logs for Nvlddmkm crashes but the critical crashes produce no events except loss of power to the kernel when I hard reset -Turning off power save in the Ethernet adapter options-Benchmarking drives via Defraggler both turned up GOOD -Ran mdsched with passes returned no issues -Rolling back graphics driversIm running a GTX with GB RAM on an i k bit Windows I think the CPU has been factory overclocked from GHz to GHz since I get an error message saying overclocking failed whenever I hard reboot my computer Ive read people suggesting a mobo issue but really I'd like to see if there's anything else it could be since Im not really in a position to replace my mobo right now I can post dxdiag and msinfo reports if needed Thanks for your help

A:Computer Freezes - Sound Continues - Requires Hard Reset

I should note that turning all the settings down from High (auto-detected) to Medium kept me from crashing in that area, and turning down one of the settings on WoW has kept me from crashing since too, but why are graphics causing my whole computer to freeze? Especially on a GTX 770?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606010/computer-freezes-sound-continues-requires-hard-reset/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi Hope you can help I had to factory reset my router for security purposes etc and after this Ive had problems with a lost connection when I connect via a wired router philips snb drops after wired connection reset router g If i wire direct from modem to PC vista then the connections stays ok but when i connect via the router i lose connection perhaps after an hour or so - this is resolved if I reboot them all - modem router pc in that order etc - I cant at the moment get one computer to stay on let alone the second wired pc needed also Had this problem before and it was suggested that I updated the firmware which i have already done this Im a bit of a novice wired router drops connection after reset really but can do basic bits etc under guidance - im sure this problem is just a config type fix buty not sure what to change etc and how anyway I hope this might be enough info to start off Tearing my hair out now as ve had this probl for over a week Windows IP Configuration Host Name behemoth Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connec tion Physical Address - D- - - E-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fa d c dd f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c a ca f fef Preferr ed Link-local IPv Address fe f fef Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B A - - E - A - A B br BF Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:wired router drops connection after reset

If upgrading the firmware and resetting to factory defaults and reconfiguring don't cure this, it may simply be a defective router.

The system work fine connected directly to the modem, but introduce the router and the problem occurs. Diagnosis: The router is the cause.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wired-router-drops-connection-after-reset.752061/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows XP with a wireless connection to a broadband router.

Several weeks ago my laptop started dropping the internet connection randomly (I'm alos unabel to access email when this happens).

My wireless network icon in my toolbar shows the connection as 'Excellent' but for some reason both Internet and Email is not available. The only way to fix the problem has been to restart my laptop which is very frustrating.

I've noticed that this also happens randomly when I'm at home (using different wireless broadband modem) so I think the issue is my laptop not the 2 x routers/modems.

I'm running NOD32 for security as well (but have been for 4 years now with no problems till now).

Please help.

Relevancy 67.08%

I m running windows vista with a modem reboot Internet requires halts, connection Motorola surfboard modem and a cisco lynksis wireless router The internet connection is fine most of the time however about once or twice a day and recently - the internet connection will just randomly stop This seems very strange to me because both my modem and router both display internet connectivity All lights are on on their displays Every device in the room will not have no connection though and the two computers that use the wireless internet will both display quot Local Only quot in the network center Now at first this really frustrated me and I searched everywhere for answers and tried everything I could find on forums like this to try and troubleshoot my issue I finally accepted it and moved on because the ONLY solution is to unplug the modem and plug it back in wait a minute for it to load and then the internet is back Sometimes it seems like to much bandwidth usage will trip it off but at other times I can be on my iPhone doing something simple and it ll kill the internet or it will be dead when I get home from work My only theory which I don t even know if this is possible was that I have too many things going on with my cable outlet A cord exits the hub into a way splicer tvs and the modem Maybe that causes problems Apparently not since a test proved that the problem still exists with only the modem Internet connection halts, requires modem reboot plugged in Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Dear All My ISP is BT Internet and I am using BT Voyager Router wired and especially during Skype conversations my connection gets dropped meaning I get cut off which I find this quite humiliating As I have now been using Mozilla Firefox for the past month after I gave IE the push and each and every connection to the internet I have to Connection My Internet Frequently Loosing reset the router device for seconds every time I will provide you the diagnostic test results Test the connection to your local network Test your Ethernet Connection PASS Test the connection to your ADSL service provider Test ADSL Synchronization PASS Test ATM OAM F segment ping FAIL Test ATM OAM F end-to-end ping FAIL Test ATM OAM F segment ping FAIL Test Loosing My Internet Connection Frequently ATM OAM F end-to-end ping FAIL Test the connection to your Internet service provider Test PPP server connection PASS Test authentication with ISP PASS Test the assigned IP address PASS Ping default gateway PASS Ping primary Domain Name Server FAIL Can you please help with this Much Appreciated reb

A:Loosing My Internet Connection Frequently

Dear all,
I have almost rectified the above issue which I have ?killed? the System Idle Process in Task Manager, I believe was hogging up the CPU resources (92 to 98%) and performed a full disc defragmentation and disabled some unwanted programmes.
Regards,
reb999000

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338325/loosing-my-internet-connection-frequently/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello. Lately, I have been experiencing dropped internet connectivity. I have an Arris Modem connected to a Netgear Router that supplies our wifi. My modem has started rebooting itself, but not all the lights on the modem are lit. The Battery Light will go on, the DS (Downstream) will also go on, and then the US (Upstream) light will go solid, then begin to flash. No amount of hard-resets has fixed this problem, and I believe my router has no role in this problem. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I play games like Halo and Unreal Tourney 2004 on a laptop and there has been a prblem. Basically, I frequently get a "network connection lost" on Halo every five minutes and have to reenter the game. On Tourney, I also lag out about every five minutes where I can shoot but nothing comes out and everyone is running into walls, but I don't get disconnected from the game. What can I do about this, perhaps some internet connectivity test someone can recommend?

A:Internet Connection gets lost frequently.

Are you using wire or wireless connection, if you use a wireless connection sometimes you lose the connection, it happened to me a year ago, i was playing ut for 10 min and lost the connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-gets-lost-frequently.607900/
Relevancy 65.79%

I connect to internet from my XP PC using wireless router. After periods of being idle I notice I cannot connect to internet yet I can still connect to router. My W98 PC always remains connect to internet, so I know the router hasn't dropped the connection to the cable modem. Rebooting the XP PC usually fixes the problem. Anyone know why this is happening??

Relevancy 65.79%

Could someone please take a look at my HJT log I think I got infected with tcpipmon exe about a week back I followed instructions to get rid of it and since then my internet connection crashes after about or minutes of starting up the computer This happens every time I reboot I looked at my network connections and it shows it all to be fine MSN messenger and my email client both continue to work ok I tried mozilla firefox but it was exactly the same result I confess to having a go myself and have ran smitfraud fix connection Internet out drops and vundo fixes I have ran various spyware scans but they don t show anything resembling a problem to cause this I would be eternally Internet connection drops out grateful for someone to take a look at the attached HJT log and tell me if they see anything that shouldn t be there I m resisting the temptation to dabble further until someone has an expert look thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost Internet connection drops out exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Internet connection drops out Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files X X FileMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger livecall exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings Ian Spain Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quo... Read more

A:Internet connection drops out

ok....im desperate for some sort of reply. Not certain of the protocol but could someone please please either take a look at my HJT log, or just let me know if it has been looked at, is going to be, or I am just slipping down the forum, lost in a miriad of problems?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-out.574197/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello this is my first time posting Drops Connection Internet I need help with some computer activity Normally I am pretty efficient at getting help before it becomes a problem however this time I was wrong Long story short I ran AVG and while in a hurry I simply clicked fix all and had it delete everything else running late for Internet Connection Drops class Now for the current problem sometimes my internet will work sometimes it won't I'll click on a page and have to refresh it or Internet Connection Drops times before it'll load properly I'll be on AIM and within a few seconds I'll have been disconnected yet won't know it for a few minutes AVG won't update and says that a bin file is missing I'm not sure what to do about all of this so here I am The viruses trojans hadn't affected the normal function of the computer or at least hadn't yet and has only happened after I ran this last thorough scan DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Daniel at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus On-access scanning enabled Outdated AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Outdated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso OasClnt exe c program files mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgam exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgupd exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Veoh Networks VeohWebPlayer veohwebplayer exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Documents and Settings Daniel Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp www yahoo com search ie html mSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uURLSearchHooks H - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO ... Read more

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I am new to your forums but from what I read on various topics I can see some smart peeps are here to help...I have seen some threads on my issue but I am super new to computers. I can not get connection to the net but the globe in the bottom right is on so it seems I have connection. My lights are blinking on my Cable Modem as well. I have tried to unplug and reset the modem as well but that did not help. My Internet was working fine until about 1 week ago. The Comcast Cable guy came out and stated everything is ok with my line. Reasons why my connection is not working stated at least in Vista is DNS error or can't connect to ISP...I know this has happened alot but has anyone fixed it?

Specs:
Vista 64 Home prem. x64 SP1

A:Internet Drops not Connection now

Turn off the computer. Plug modem and router for 20 minutes. Turn on router and let it cycle for 5 minutes. Turn on router and let it cycle for 5 minutes. Turn on computer.

start
in the search box type CMD and hit OK
In black box, type IPconfig/all and see if your DNS servers are listed.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/158720-internet-drops-not-connection-now.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7 that is connected to a linksys wrt54g. I use internet explorer. It says I have an excellent connection but when I go to open new tabs every few seconds I get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I then wait a few seconds and refresh and the website will open. I have had this problem for some time and have tried restoring my computer to a previous date and the problem stops for several days but always returns. Please help...Thank You

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi,

Got a strange issue when trying to connect to my routers homepage belkin N (192.168.2.1) my connection will drop after a few seconds, I have tried this bother wireless and wired. OS is vista home prem. 64bit and all worked ok for ages but stopped recently. I have been taking updates and the only other thing I have installed is microsoft MSN, Live and is it called silver light or something? I have been able to connect to the router with a hardwired W2k machine but this is bugging me. I have reset the router etc. but nothing seems to help on this and the fact that I can connect with another PC seems to point to microsoft.

Any help appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/248768-connection-192-168-2-1-drops-internet.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello guys I have come to this forum a couple of times to get out of tough situations Great site I have tried to find a thread that is close to the problem i have but could not find one My internet connection drops for Internet drops connection no reason of course there is a reason but ya know i will be using it and it drops Now i will give you some background on my setup I have a SMC VBR router with two computers hooked up to it Now when the internet is down i can still surf on the other computer Internet connection drops but Internet connection drops not on mine I ve been away from home so i forget if I was able to log into the router setup screen or not Internet connection drops I beilive i couldn t When i reset the router by pulling the plug not pushing in the little button thingy my connection comes back on after the router is done booting up Just wonering if there was a way to stop this from occuring Thanks for reading and helping nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi In our MD s house we have fibre optic connection given by the ISP upto Distribution box inside the house where drops! connection Internet the fibre optic cable is connected to HUAWEI-ECHOLFIE HG terminal From the RJ port in that device the ethernet cable goes to the DLINK port switch All the ports are connected with ethernet cables to rooms going concealed through the wall Our ISP person tested the connection by connecting one patch cable from the DLINK SWITCH via the wall socket to the WAN port of LINKSYS WRT N wireless router and connecting other ethernet cable from the lan port of the router to the laptop setup the username password encapsulation pppoe and configured the internet found working I tried to configure the wireless in the house by fixing LINKSYS Internet connection drops! access point in some rooms Here the problem started I cannot fix the LINKSYS router inside the DB in front portion of the house since there is no space in that and cannot keep the linksys router outside also So I kept the linksys router inside one room and connected its lan port to the wall socket inside the room and connected its WAN PORT to one of its lan port because I want to share the internet in all the rooms I checked the internet in all the rooms by taking one laptop to all the rooms and checked through the access point configured in each room After few minutes internet drops and the led s in the LINSKYS router starts continuously blinks as if there is some problem What is the problem and how can I rectify it Thanks amp Regards S Swaminathan nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Long story sorta short I switched from Shaw to MTS a few months back shaw gave me no problems what so ever But now with MTS it seems like i disconnect Drops Internet Connection everytime ANY item tries to download from the internet even if its just a small kb website banner game patch anything that requires user to user server exchanging and downloading Ive called up MTS asking what going on they spent hours on the phone with me going over EVERY SINGLE situation in their books to try helping me but the problem is unknown to them I have options pay to have them come over and look at the wiring in my house wish isnt the problem why would the wires give out only during downloads Pay - fixing my computer because something might be wrong with it they say i already did harddrive wipes and bought new harddrives and still no change Spend - on a new comp I have to lug my whole comp over to a friends just to download patches and stuff and theres no problem at his place when I go to lans theres also no problems Can anyone tell me why this happens and what I can do System Specs Windows XP AMD Athlon XP Ghz Gig ram Radeon X XL PRO Video Card Nvidia NForce Chipsets motherboard ect nbsp Internet Connection Drops

A:Internet Connection Drops

Go back to you old ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops.614058/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I've been having this problem for a while now. My internet connection just drops randomly and then comes back on in a few seconds. It has been occurring more frequently since a couple months ago.

I'm running windows xp, have a d-link router, at&t as my isp.

Im a gamer so this is really a bothersome thing. I noticed it started to occur when I had some spyware issues, I believe it was megatoolbar or something like that. I have gotten rid of it though. Is that maybe still the problem?

Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys, my connection to the internet drops couple times a day. It's annoying because I have to keep taking the plug, wait like 5 mins, and then put it back on. I have no idea what is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I have a SBG900 router, and with San Bruno Cable Company.

Relevancy 65.79%

A friend of mine is running Outlook Express on a DSL connection. He can surf and download just fine. When he enters OE and checks mail, after a minute or so, the internet connection goes dead. Any ideas?

A:OE drops internet connection

Check to make sure OE is not set to disconnect after send and receive.
Thats what it sounds like is happening.

In OE, Tools - Options - Connection.
Uncheck "hang up after sending and receiving"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oe-drops-internet-connection.178206/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Netgear MR814v2 wireless router, and ever since i upgraded to the new firmware 5.3 my internet connection drop very frequently. Without the router my connection seems to work perfectly fine. Is there a way i can downgrade my firmware back to how it was before? I have tried factory resetting it, but it is still the 5.3 firmware. what can i do to downgrade it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops.860637/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Folks,
Got such a quick and positive result on one issue thought I'd try another!!
First of all this is an area I know little about so be gentle and patient!!

I have a 2.0 MHz processor 512 ram lots of drive space.

I am using a router and accessing the net through Galaxy / Drirecway satellite 2 way connection. I have a full Norton security package; firewall, spam, anti virus and such.

When I access a download I start at a respectable 200+ kps but within seconds it drops steadily down to 70/80 kps.

Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Internet connection drops off

Normal operation. The estimate for the download is based on a sliding scale, and it normally starts out with an optimistic number. As the download proceeds, there's enough data to come up with a realistic number.

Have you ever done the speed test at www.dslreports.com? What speeds do you come up with?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-off.421715/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all I usually figure things out on my own but I am having a bit of trouble with this one I m SUSPECTING a network issue Nutshell Format amp reinstall Win XP SP dual-boot Ubuntu different partition In XP no ethernet driver to get to the NIC card and access internet on install Found driver for NIC Installed Internet works for a minute or so then slows to nothing Close browser re-open SOMETIMES will work again mostly does not I use IE Maxthon Avant all fresh downloads All are IE quot wrappers quot Happens on all of them Installed Firefox for testing Newest browser Internet works Internet/DSL drops connection good Internet/DSL drops connection for a while then PERIODIC slowing to nothing on Firefox Here we go again Here s why I suspect network I was having this trouble after a fresh install of XP and JUST installing the NIC driver No firewall no antivirus no other programs installed It caused me to do a fresh reformat amp reinstall just in case this time with a different NIC driver Same problem I m just rolling with it now Before the format amp reinstall the internet had ZERO issues Same computer same everything Which is why this is so frustrating Here s the other booger if I use Ubuntu I can roll on Firefox and the internet all night long without the slightest hiccup So this is telling me that the HARDWARE is okay but I suspect there is a software or setting problem somewhere along the way I don t know what will be pertinent info for this one so and I am a total gourd-brain when it comes to networking I installed Wireshark to see if I could find something but I really do not know what to look for Nor how to decipher what I m looking at haha but let me start with this Windows IP Configuration Host Name jen- d e Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - F-A -BE-CF Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday April PM Lease Expires Saturday April PM I remember something in an error message about DHCP losing a LEASE to an IP address Does this jibe somehow Also I m using AT amp T DSL with their supplied router The computer is plugged directly into the router I have called their tech support line for testing and they reported no problems on my line The speed is fine WHEN it is connected Thanks for any help you can provide I will give more info as needed just tell me what you want and where to find it This is a learning experience for me too nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello there I have been looking for a solution on this for sometime now Here s my problem I have a desktop pc runnings Vista Ultimate that connects wirelessly to a Netgear WGT router via a USB Netgear WN v The router is then connected to a ntl home modem The connection is managed dropped frequently connection Solved: Internet via the latest Netgear Solved: Internet connection dropped frequently Smart Wizard software The internet connection seems to drop a number of times throughout the day When I check as to where the problems lies it seems to be with the router as my wireless connection still picks it up wireless connections says the strength is between and I have to turn the router off usually to resolve the problem but it ll happen again It seems to do it more often when I have a number of internet windows open I also have another desktop connected via Ethernet cable to the router and this also loses the connection when the wireless goes I have tried a number of things that I have found on the internet for example using Windows to manage the wireless connection and also turning off the security settings on the router Can anyone help me out with this very annoying problem if you need anything else just let me know Thank you in advance for any help provided I am beginning to think I may just connect it with a cable a long cable nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have had this problem for several months now and am close to throwing my PC out of the window If you could help me it might save a life of a person walking under my windows frequently connection Internet losing (wired) PC I live on the th floor - just saying Problem my Dell Vostro PC with Windows -bit Pro SP disconnects frequently from the Internet wired connection through Comcast modem I first blamed it on Comcast They replaced their modem with a brand new Technicolor TC C 'gateway' but it had no effect I can go on for several days without interruption then during next two-three days the connection would constantly drop I have to reset the modem disconnect-connect it again shut down PC wait then PC frequently losing Internet connection (wired) restart and sometimes I have to repeat all this - times before connecting successfully for another few days or hours I see a lot of strange errors in my Event Viewer like various services entering the running state and next minute - the stopped state Another frequent error is x which I googled and found a lot of people having the same issue I am not very good at this but I followed some tips found online and on this site http www bleepingcomputer com forums t tcpip-netbios-helper-planned-stop-disconnecting-from-internet hl x flushing dns running chkdsk running CCleaner RogueKiller Malwarebytes Antimalware trial Housecall from Trend Micro checking MBAMSwissArmy sys at https www virustotal com I also unchecked 'turn off' and 'wake up' under the nic power management tab my PC is now constantly on until I lose connection Then I shut it down for a minute and turn on again I think I cannot should not disable TCP IP Netbios because when I tried it I immediately lost connection too Besides I have another PC wirelessly connected to this PC All my drivers are up to date all devices and programs are compatible with Win What else could you suggest Thanks in advance for any help nbsp MiniToolBox- - - txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:PC frequently losing Internet connection (wired)

Does the wireless system also lose internet connection?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541031/pc-frequently-losing-internet-connection-wired/
Relevancy 65.36%

Up until a couple of days ago my network and internethad been working great for a long time Just recently after restarting my computer from a crash from trying to and on off and internet the network experience see frequently an can't connection. I load to many things at once my internet keeps logging me off of AIM and I keep getting errors on Mozilla firefox and my network just stopped working I have no idea what is affecting either problems My computer cannot see the network nor can any of the other computers I can't see the network and experience an frequently on and off internet connection. see it Computers - Windows I can't see the network and experience an frequently on and off internet connection. XP SP - Windows - Windows XP SP - Windows Vista - Windows Vista I only have one firewall Windows Defender and I connect through a Linksys Router by an RJ- So far to try and fix diagnose my problem I have -Tried manually finding the network by computer name and IPaddress -But when I tried to ping the IP through Run it was able to see it -Tried setting up the network again -Tried restarting my computer several times -Tried restarting my internet connection several times -Tried flushing then registering my DNS through Run gt cmd gt ipconfig flushdns gt ipconfig registerdns -Tried turning on UPnP I suspect that the only thing I can do is to reinstall Windows XP but it will be troublesome to reacquire all of my programs and to backup all of my files to my External Hard Drive which is currently broken Thank you in advance nbsp

A:I can't see the network and experience an frequently on and off internet connection.

post your computer specs , i have a similer problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-see-the-network-and-experience-an-frequently-on-and-off-internet-connection.91661/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello!

I currently have a wired Broadband connection(PPoe connection) which drops at irregular intervals and resumes after 10 or so .. seconds
I tried various "solutions" including registry modifications, commands in command prompt and so on , but with no result.
- Happened on Vista and Now on Win 7
- Tried different network adapters
- Scanned my PC with 3 different anti virus programs

..... No result

Pls if anyone can help I would really appreciate. TY

A:My internet connection drops and resumes after 10 sec

Quote: Originally Posted by EugenMircea

Hello!

I currently have a wired Broadband connection(PPoe connection) which drops at irregular intervals and resumes after 10 or so .. seconds
I tried various "solutions" including registry modifications, commands in command prompt and so on , but with no result.
- Happened on Vista and Now on Win 7
- Tried different network adapters
- Scanned my PC with 3 different anti virus programs

..... No result

Pls if anyone can help I would really appreciate. TY

Welcome to the Windows 7 Support forum.
Ty, are you also running a router or are you directly connected to the Broadband Modem?
Also is your system custom built?
If you would be so kind to fill out your system specs which we see in the bottom left side of the screen we can begin to assist you in trouble shooting.

Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88245-my-internet-connection-drops-resumes-after-10-sec.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I keep getting intermittent drops to my network connection. It's very quick, it's like it's getting refreshed every 30 minutes or so. I am hardwired to my router, along with two other hardwired systems. The other two systems do not experience any drops. I'm not exactly where to start looking for debugging this issue. I have checked the windows event logs, and everything there appears to be normal. I will look again immediately after it happens again in order to provide more information, but i'm looking for some suggestions on where to start looking.

Relevancy 65.36%

I bought a new computer recently with Windows Vista and connected it to my Netcomm NB9W router. Everything was working fine for about a week or 2 but then my internet connection would just randomly drop out . When clicking on the diagnose button on windows vista it said it couldnt detect a problem and prompted me to reset my network adapter. After doing this it works perfectly. I tried changing my ethernet cable and also different router ports but i got the same problem. I bought the router only about 2 months ago and so I'm out of ideas.

P.S. I assembled the computer my self which im pretty inexperienced at so I might have made a mistake or something on the motherboard.

P.S.S The ADSL light on the router is always lit during these dropouts

A:Internet Connection suddeny drops out

Does this happen at certain times,maybe there is some type of interference(phone,microwave) causing the signal to drop. Also go the your manufactures website of the wireless adapter and see if they have updated drivers for your card if so download them and try it out. One more thing to check is if windows is the only app trying to control your connection and not both wireless adapter & windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-suddeny-drops-out.681447/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Can someone please help me with this problem I started encountering this problem a week ago Everything was fine before that My internet connection drops during download drops off connection Internet off after Internet connection drops off during download about mins from connection especially when my computer is downloading files that will take a few hours When it drops off the router modem Netgear DG lights are all green but no connection cant even open a web page I then reboot the modem router and it connects again but drops off after mins again At the same time i also noticed i couldnt run sytem restore a blank screen appeared Now thats fixed i dont have any restore points Also at one point my computer wouldnt let me download any virsus scanners from the net but now that issue has been fixed I have run a few programmes like Stopzilla mcafee virus checker and remover spybot adaware remover Windows malicious software removal Amust registry cleaner amd Trojan hunter The problem still persists Below is my log file i would really appreciate if someone can help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files iS Anti-Spyware SZServer exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files STOPzilla STOPzilla exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files TrojanHunter THGuard exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe C Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Documents and Settings Hetz Desktop Windows-KB -V exe c e da a c de c ee acafe mrtstub exe C WINDOWS system MRT exe C Documents and Settings Hetz Desktop HiJackThis exe C Program Files Webteh BSplayerPro bsplayer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell co uk myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www btbroadbandstart com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteA... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-off-during-download.624961/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have someone who brought me their Help five minutes after internet connection drops Hp Pavilion It keeps dropping the internet connection after about three to five minutes can t reconnect unless I re-boot He had a bunch of virus so he whipped the drive clean and did a recovery install of Win XP-Home from the D partition I did a scan of the hard drive with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found a Trojan in his documents amp settings Owner Install exe I removed Help internet connection drops after five minutes the Trojan and re-scanned again and it found nothing However the problem is still there I re-installed the Realtek network driver but did not help I Installed a new nic card still the same problem I installed Firefox thinking a browser problem but same thing after about five minutes all I get is page can t be displayed all other computers on my network work just fine and the patch cable is new I am wondering is it possable the viruses he had could have damaged the recovery files on his d drive it also just seems to move very slow the computer in general It has Meg of ram and is a Ghz AMD processer I have not tried to reinstall the OS as of yet I wanted to get some other feedback first Thanks Ken nbsp

A:Help internet connection drops after five minutes

I think you're on the right track looking at an OS reinstall - sounds like it needs it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-connection-drops-after-five-minutes.810099/
Relevancy 65.36%

Since i installed windows pro clean install every time my drops connection when Internet using screensaver screensaver pops up after being idle for min when i get back to the desktop Internet connection drops when using screensaver my internet wired dropped and has to reconnect this didnt occur on windows In eventviewer i get this error quot Your computer was not assigned Internet connection drops when using screensaver an address from the network by the Internet connection drops when using screensaver DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address xAC E The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP server quot - power options are set to maximum performance - adapter pci-e intel nic settings are the same ones used on windows items used are all unchecked except ipv and a hook from software i use - sleep hibernate is disabled - windows firewall defender is disabled i rather use my own protection software - bios settings still the same as before Any suggestions Its like my connection is dropping to save power even though it shouldnt

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56129-internet-connection-drops-when-using-screensaver.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I upgraded to Win yesterday upgrade could be a keyword for the future but since I upgraded everything has been perfect except my connection to the Internet It's fine on startup but once I go on Edge Chrome steam or Skype it stops about minutes in when using them It doesn't come back unless I restart I'm using a Ethernet connect All wireless devices are working fine My LAN adapter is a Broadcom Netlink Gigabyte Ethernet Turning router off and on again doesn't work All drivers are up to date apparently No vpn I removed my McAfee to see if that changed anything but still no luck I don't know what to do now because this goes beyond my knowledge of windows and computers My PC is over years old maybe that's a factor but it still surpassed all the requirements to run Windows This brings me back to Upgrading and not full fresh install I've too many family photos and other valuable projects I dont have an external hard drive either which I need soon as my current one is getting louder but that's not the issue here I just want to get on the Internet and enjoy my mb Internet trying completely Connection the drops use to Internet when speed If someone can help me with my first world problem that'd be great and I know there's loads of Connection drops completely when trying to use the Internet issues like this but non have helped me Thanks in advance Mark P s I typed this on my phone while in frustration after two days of trying to get this to work so I apologise if I've made mistakes or a lack of information

A:Connection drops completely when trying to use the Internet

I'm having the same issue bud. Driving me crazy.

Internet works fine for a while and then randomly goes to "limited connectivity. "

I've tried refreshing TCP/IP, completely uninstalled Bitdefender, tried updating the network adapter driver. I also have a Broadcom like you and I also upgraded.

I'm at my wits end with this. If you figure anything out please let me know and I'll do the same.

Anyone have any insight on our issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/10278-connection-drops-completely-when-trying-use-internet.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My issues seem to have started around the time SP for Vista Ultimate x was installed on my computer I have an issue where when playing games I eventually will be hit with a huge lag spike What happens after the spike is that I will be kicked Connection Internet Help Drops/Lags - from Ventrillo and I will get sent to spectator mode in Source games or I will get dropped from my Company of Heroes game I think this may also be happening while browsing the internets but it isn't as evident as with gaming I have tried updating and rolling back drivers for my onboard NIC Still same problem I put in a PCI NIC Still same problem I updated and rolled back drivers for nForce chipset Still same problem My Comodo Firewall and Eset NOD are set to ignore all games Still same problem I have disabled and even uninstalled Comodo Firewall and Eset NOD Still same problem I have updated my firmware on my router Still same problem I have port forwards set up Still same problem When I run ping plotter the signal from my router to my modem is Help - Internet Connection Drops/Lags stable as well as other hops This has led me to believe it is solely coming from my computer Does anyone have Help - Internet Connection Drops/Lags a clue what could be causing this What hardware device besides NIC or system software could be causing this I seriously believe I started to have these problems after SP I do have Help - Internet Connection Drops/Lags a OC on my system but that has been rock solid and stable for well over months I get no other system errors only issues with my internet connection Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/166564-help-internet-connection-drops-lags.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I truly hope I can explain this problem and get it resolved I want to use this as a web server for when I am away from home I have a Dell Optiplex running win xp pro sp intel P processor with GB RAM it's connected with ethernet to a motorola SB cable modem for Brighthouse Networks ISP I am running DYNDNS updater too to resolve my dynamic ip to a url The problem is that every so often I need to manually obtain an ip address by using the repair button in the Local Area Connection Status window However I am able to do the repair remotely so the nic is working connection SP XP Win 3 randomly Pro, internet drops There doesn't seem to be any event that causes the connection to drop either so I am at a loss I sure hope someone knows what is going on and how I can fix this A web server is kind of worthless if it drops connection I'm not sure I'll be able to remotely connect if I'm not on the LAN Thanks a lot in advance

A:Win XP Pro, SP 3 drops internet connection randomly

Just to confirm, it is a WIRED connection, not a WIRELESS? Have you tried reinstalling the driver for your NIC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-sp-3-drops-internet-connection-randomly-473595.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I've been having this problem since I bought this new computer a few weeks ago It's a HP desktop the model number is s uk and it's Windows Home Premium At random times when I'm browsing the internet sometimes it can be every minutes sometimes just a few times a day it will stop loading and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark will appear on the connection icon in the bottom right hand corner I cannot troubleshoot the problems or open up the network and sharing centre because it either doesn't load at all or freezes and the only way to reconnect is to hold down the drops connection... computer internet the My power button as shutting down or restarting fails after about minutes of the shutting down screen It's more annoying than anything I've checked for viruses but nothing came up and the one time it's let me troubleshoot it's told me to reset the router which I did and it didn't work I My computer drops the internet connection... thought it might My computer drops the internet connection... be a compatibility issue with the router we use Sky but some days it works for longer than others On the Norton internet history for firewalls and connections I found this which I think might have something to do with it Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the internet from cutting off because me and my Dad are at a loss and he's quite good at computers Another thing is that it won't let me create a system image by backing it up onto an external hard drive it gets to a certain point and gives me this message 'The system cannot find the file specified x I've tried again and it still doesn't work Any help would be appreciated

A:My computer drops the internet connection...

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah

I've been having this problem since I bought this new computer a few weeks ago. It's a HP desktop, the model number is s5229uk and it's Windows 7 Home Premium.

At random times when I'm browsing the internet, sometimes it can be every 10/15 minutes, sometimes just a few times a day it will stop loading and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark will appear on the connection icon in the bottom right hand corner.
I cannot troubleshoot the problems or open up the network and sharing centre because it either doesn't load at all or freezes, and the only way to reconnect is to hold down the power button as shutting down or restarting fails after about 20 minutes of the shutting down screen.

It's more annoying than anything. I've checked for viruses but nothing came up and the one time it's let me troubleshoot, it's told me to reset the router which I did and it didn't work. I thought it might be a compatibility issue with the router (we use Sky) but some days it works for longer than others

On the Norton internet history for firewalls and connections I found this which I think might have something to do with it...

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the internet from cutting off because me and my Dad are at a loss, and he's quite good at computers.

Another thing is that it won't let me create a system image by backing it up onto an external hard drive, it gets to a certain point and gives me this message: 'The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002) I've tried again and it still doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

As you say PC is new take back to your retailer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/37474-my-computer-drops-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Symptoms:
- After few minutes (1, 5 sometimes 30) of well functioning internet, sites stop loading.
- Wireless indicator icon in the tray shows as it's STILL CONNECTED and everything's fine.
- Can't even load 192.168.1.1 in the browser.

Workaround:
- Reset adapter solves for a few minutes.
- Connect to a different network and go back to the original one solves for a few minutes.

Details:
- Other computers are connected to the same router and don't experience this problem.
- Haven't checked this computer with other routers.
- Network adapter drivers are updated to last.

System:
- HP dv6 3310ej (specifications)
- Windows 7 x64
- Broadcom 4313 802.11b/g/n
- AVG 2012 antivirus
- 8GB RAM (added my own 4GB)
- TpLink router WR841N

A:Internet connection drops every few minutes

I would check the version number of your router and try to update the firmware. TP-Link Firmware Download

When you dont have access could you post your IPconfig /all use option 2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/260022-internet-connection-drops-every-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Dell Studio XPS Windows Mozilla Firefox Alltel Huawei EC - Verizon Wireless G Wireless Network Connection Cradlepoint MBR Wireless Router In Frequent of connection drops internet the last week I started getting frequent 'Server not found' messages when accessing internet sites The more I do concurrently in different tabs the more frequent the problem Occasionally I can relaod the page and get connected but usually once it happens I have to bounce the LAN connection Similar issues also happen when using Internet Explorer To circumvent the problem I can drop my wireless connection and reconnect and it will work for another minute or two before I have to do it over again Today I used Frequent drops of internet connection Windows Restore to go back a week but after re-installing McAfee Security Center the problem was back If I disable the firewall I get less frequent errors but they don't go away completely The problem has been going on for a week Started shortly after a McAfee update last week Looking for ideas on troubleshooting

A:Frequent drops of internet connection

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: http://www.carrona.org/freeav.html
- uninstall the McAfee from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of McAfee using this free tool: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/frequent-drops-of-internet-connection-510384.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I am using a NETGEAR WN111v2 wireless adapter, whenever i connect or disconnect something into a USB port eg. Ipod Touch. It drops out and I then have to reconnect the Wireless adapter. I don't recall this happening on Windows XP

A:Internet Drops out after USB Connection or Disconnection

Quote: Originally Posted by Wyatt

Hello,

I am using a NETGEAR WN111v2 wireless adapter, whenever i connect or disconnect something into a USB port eg. Ipod Touch. It drops out and I then have to reconnect the Wireless adapter. I don't recall this happening on Windows XP

What drivers on both. How many USB un powered devices do you have. what PSU, etc.

Have you tried other USB ports?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87984-internet-drops-out-after-usb-connection-disconnection.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm on a domain with about 100 users. We use static IP addresses and connect thru a Cisco ASA to the web. Occasionally, and just randomly, a user will lose internet access. They can still connect to all resources on the local network, just can't get to the internet. They can ping the ASA even. I can change their IP address and it fixes the issue.

Anyone run into something like this before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-weird.1157452/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey there, i'm new to forums so bare with me..
basically, I've just purchased a computer second hand which i will be using for gaming..
now everything seems ok with the computer apart from the connectivity, when i first turn on the desktop, it's connected and works, but about 10 minutes after it stops working, it still says i'm connected but won't load anything, Now I've had a long browse across the internet and couldn't find much that related, the computer is running windows xp, but when u get to the user log in screen it says "Vista inspirat ultimate" any help will be much appreciated, as the item was a week or so late on delivery and I'm eager to get it up and running, if the problem requires money to be fixed i will just be sending it back. thank you.

Relevancy 65.36%

The only think I Out Internet Connection Sporatically Drops can think of is that perhaps some malware is hosing up the system The problem does not appear to affect other computers on the network and it seems to occur more frequently when using the Chrome web browser but that may just be me since that is my primary browser I am running Windows Pro Any help would be appreciated EDIT PM CDT I forgot to mention that I ve run scans with Avast Spybot Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware all free editions but the problem persists My firewall is COMODO Thanks HijackThis Internet Connection Drops Out Sporatically Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Motorola Mobility Motorola Device Manager MotoHelperAgent exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsRoutineController exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS ROG Connect Plus RC TweakIt Server AsBCLK exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II DIGI Power Control PowerControlHelp exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II EasyUpdate EzUpdt exe E Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe E Program Files x Steam Steam exe E Program Files x Mindjet MindManager MmDesignPartner exe E Program Files x TechSmith Snagit Snagit exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II TurboV EVO TurboVHelp exe C Program Files x InstallShield Installation Information E -DA B- E - - D D C AiChargerPlus exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS ROG Connect Plus GPU TweakIt Server GPUTweakit exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe E Program Files x Mindjet MindManager MmReminderService exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe E Program Files x TechSmith Snagit TSCHelp exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II EPU EPUHelp exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AI Suite II exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II Sensor AlertHelper AlertHelper exe E Program Files x TechSmith Snagit SnagPriv exe E Program Files x TechSmith Snagit snagiteditor exe C Program Files x ASUS AI Suite II AsAPHider AsAPHider exe E Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - E Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO AMD SteadyVide... Read more

A:Internet Connection Drops Out Sporatically

DDS Log

DDS (Ver_2012-11-20.01) - NTFS_AMD64
Internet Explorer: 10.0.9200.16576 BrowserJavaVersion: 10.21.2
Run by Jim at 12:35:10 on 2013-06-13
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.16283.12880 [GMT -5:00]
AV: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {2B2D1395-420B-D5C9-657E-930FE358FC3C}
SP: avast! Antivirus *Enabled/Updated* {904CF271-6431-DA47-5FCE-A87D98DFB681}
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
SP: COMODO Antivirus *Disabled/Outdated* {0C2D2636-923D-EE52-2A83-E643204A8275}
FW: COMODO Firewall *Enabled* {8F7746F7-FE68-E084-3B6C-7404A51E8FB3}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\logishrd\LVMVFM\UMVPFSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k GPSvcGroup
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\armsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.Service.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.00.19\atkexComSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUSTek Computer Inc\Disk Unlocker\ASPFSVS64.exe
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ASGT.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AAHM\1.00.20\aaHMSvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsSysCtrlService\1.00.13\AsSysCtrlService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\1.01.15\AsusFanControlService.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\DTSU2PAuSrv64.exe
C:\Windows\system32\IProsetMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola Mobility\Motorola Device Manager\MotoHelperService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola\MotForwardDaemon\ForwardDaemon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
E:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavwp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Motorola Mobility\Motorola Device Manager\MotoHelperAgent.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\AsRoutineController.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS ROG Connect Plus\RC TweakIt Server\AsBCLK.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\DIGI+ Power Control\PowerControlHelp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\EasyUpdate\EzUpdt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.21.145\GoogleCrashHandler.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.21.145\GoogleCrashHandler64.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVBg64.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cistray.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\LBTWiz.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\Mindjet\MindManager 11\MmDesignPartner.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
E:\Program Files (x86)\TechSmith\Snagit 11\Snagit32.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\TurboV EVO\TurboVHelp.exe
C:\Program Files (x8... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-out-sporatically.1101143/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I am using Windows 8.1 and have run into internet connection issues for the last few months.  This happens initially when I start my computer, but also my computer randomly disconnects (it might stay connected for hours, other times it disconnects in twenty minutes).  Only my wired desktop disconnects - my wireless devises have not experienced the issue.  To regain internet access, I need to unplug my modem/router, wait a few seconds and plug it back in.

I have tried different ethernet cables and ports in the Comcast modem/router.  I have also tried other things to troubleshoot the issue:

- Used the Windows "Troubleshoot Problems" option
- Ran NCPA.CPL - disabled then enabled the network connection
- Tried IPCONFIG / RELEASE - then RENEW 
- Ran the Microsoft NetShell utility

Thank you in advance,

Jared

A:Internet Connection Drops Windows 8.1

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/575269 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575269/internet-connection-drops-windows-81/
Relevancy 65.36%

After struggling to remove the Vundo virus from my computer I decided to just have the entire it wiped and reimaged I had no problems with the connection at the point a little slow but never dropped Now that I have gotten it back I have noticed that it will drop without any message for - sec and start back up I can t really pinpoint any specific time or cause for the drops I am currently running XP Pro Sp on my Dell D I am not sure what Sp I was running before having it reimaged Could this be a problem Or Firewall Settings I read something about viruses or adware but the computer is clean Let me know if you know anything about this Edit Sorry forgot to mention this occurs for wired and wireless connections and also it occurs at my friend's house who has no issues what so ever I feel like this cuts out any problems related to wireless issues or router issues

A:Intermittent Internet Connection Drops

Check your NIC power management settings for 'allow the computer to turn this off to save power'.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/intermittent-internet-connection-drops-394770.html
Relevancy 65.36%

After connecting to Windows Live Messenger (MSN), my network is dropped & removed from the list of available networks, unplugging the router solves this problem. I have NETGEAR Advanced Cable Modem Gateway (Model No. CGD24G). Sometimes the wireless signal light will turn off, or remain on... either way the connection is dropped. A few times, the network has been dropped without connecting to messenger.

System Specs
Acer Aspire 6930
Currently using avast! Free Antivirus, Windows Firewall, & Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Network adapter: Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN

Thank you,
Marvin.

Relevancy 65.36%

Every day or so, my wifi connection will no longer have internet access.  I have 2 HP Pavilion's and 1 Lenovo.  This is the only one that has this issue.  I've had the hard drive replaced and everything reinstalled for other reasons, but the issue with internet connectivity is still there.  If I hover over the WiFi icon in the lower right coner, it tells me right now the NETGEAR router I'm connected to and says Internet access below it.  When I've dropped internet access, the icon will have a yellow mark on it and hovering shows my NETGEAR router but it says no internet access. All I have to do is disconnect from my router and reconnect and I'll have internet access again, but that gets irritating. Could this be a hardware issue on my laptop and how do I determine that?  I'm still under warranty for another 2 months.

A:WiFi drops internet connection

You Can read the entry ghost WiFi I have dpne an optimization with Avast optimizer but I can't be sure if was the solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-drops-internet-connection/td-p/5806695
Relevancy 65.36%

Not sure if I m in the right place because I m not sure if it is a Windows problem or a hardware problem Ok so I m running Windows x and I just reformatted and reinstalled a couple weeks ago I did this because I was messing around with Linux and removed the partition in Drops Internet Connection Intermittently the wrong drive sigh Internet Connection Drops Intermittently So anyway Windows was running rock solid prior to this no problems whatsoever with anything So after I reinstall Windows I notice my Internet connection drops once in a while Internet Connection Drops Intermittently Some days it doesn t do it at all while others Internet Connection Drops Intermittently it drops multiple times It s all up to date too There are two things different in this install though The first is I updated my BIOS I did this because I suddenly couldn t access the BIOS or even use F on boot up The second thing is after you install Windows wants to update my Atheros I believe it s called adapter I didn t do this with the first install because it was working fine Ok so there are the two differences Do you guys think it s the adapter driver or the BIOS update Thanks in advance Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU GHz GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P B-E Rev xx MB- Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet Connection Drops Intermittently

I'd try two things: (1) Reinstall drivers (using a registry cleaner to make sure invalid entries don't hang around). Then, if the problem persists, (2) go ahead and run Ubuntu for a day and see if you can eliminate the OS as the cause

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-intermittently.1017174/
Relevancy 64.5%

I ve about come to my wits end with Internet Dropping Connection Extremely Inconsistent, Frequently this issue here so hopefully someone here with more knowledge then I will be able to help me Internet Extremely Inconsistent, Dropping Connection Frequently with solving this problem I ve been having issues with an extremely unreliable internet connection for the last few weeks I used to have this issue around the same time last year and I had a tech guy from my ISP come out and check a few things out He informed me that the signal my cable was bringing in was too low and needed to be boosted and installed a booster I also upgraded to a new modem a Cisco DPC DOCSIS Cable Modem as I was told it was better then my original Motorolla Surfboard due to having more downstream channels This seemed to solve the problem internet returned to being normal with only a drop here and there maybe every week or so Certainly nothing to be upset or worried with Now about two weeks ago the problem returned like a plague It s extremely inconsistent though I can go for a few hours with no issues no lag no dropped connections Then out of nowhere it will be dropping left and right so much so that I can only stay connected to an online server for maybe a few minutes at best and then with lag and rubber banding galore I ve ha three tech guys out within the last days and these are the steps that have been taken to remedy the problem The first one came out and commented that the signal coming in was too high and installed a small connnector sorry I can t remember the technical term for it that is supposed to help bring it back into range We ran a few tests things seemed fine and he left By the next day the problem was still there and terrible so I called to have a second guy come out He told me that the connector on the back of the modem wasn t neccesary and by rearranging the cables on the booster we could bring down the single going into the modem Looking at the modems info page things looked happy and he went on his way Not even through the full day the problem persists and so I wait a day or to make sure it won t clear up Having not improved in the slightest I called out yet a rd tech guy to come out to our apartment When he get s here I explain everything I ve been through so we figured it might be the cable in the walls which is now probably years old if not more So this tech guy has laid down entirely new cable to the box at the end of the building I thought for sure that this would solve my issue but here I am still with no luck I have done everything I can think of I ve swapped ethernet cables to the computer I ve swapped routers we ve had the new cable laid down and this problem is still here This also affects the wireless laptops on our network so it s not isolated to a single computer I did a line test at www dslreports com and this was the result I received http www dslreports com pingtest nil dnsdom cox net amp p I ve ran some ping tests as well and this is the result of the latest one Packets Sent Recieved Lost I m sure there s more information I m forgetting and leaving out so please if you have any ideas of a course of action throw some suggestions at me and let me know what info you need Thanks so much for any help you can render nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Dell Studio LaptopVista Operating SystemNorton Antivirus and FirewallI have a home LAN with a Netgear router In addition to the laptop mentioned above I have a desktop which is hard wired to router plus wireless MacBook and iPad Everything works properly except this laptop After use I close the lid which puts the laptop into sleep mode Frequently when I reopen the laptop I am unable to Internet Frequently Wireless on Lose Laptop one Connection connect to the internet even though the network shows it is connected This problem Frequently Lose Wireless Internet Connection on one Laptop also happens while I am using the laptop and I try to go to another website I have found that the only way to resolve this is to restart the laptop If I run the diagnostics that appears when unable to connect the following appears Windows Network DiagnosticsWindows confirmed that quot Primary DNS Server quot is currently online but is not responding to connection attempts at this time This usually means that a firewall is running somewhere between the two computers and is blocking quot domain quot Windows has confirmed that Windows Firewall on this computer is correctly configured to allow this connection However a remote firewall might be blocking your connection -The following policy might need to be adjusted to allow Windows to connect Polciy Provider Symantec IPS ProviderFilter Name Symantec Outbound Connect V CalloutIf the policy provider identified is Windows Firewall click for information about adjusting Windows Firewall settings If a different policy provider has been identified check the providers s documentatin on how to adjust the policy settings -Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve intermittent problem I have spoken with Norton and disabling the firewall does not solve the problem In Run then CMD I was unable to ping www yahoo com and flushing DNS didn t help Resetting the network adapter does not help either Please advise DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by RobinLaptop at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Fingerprint Sensor AtService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System WLTRYSVC EXEC Windows system WLANExt exeC Windows System bcmwltry exeC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Norton Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program Files Airlink Airlink WLAN Monitor RtlService exeC Program Files Airlink Airlink WLAN Monitor RtWlan exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Norton Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler STService exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Users RobinLaptop AppData Roaming CBS Interactive CNE... Read more

A:Frequently Lose Wireless Internet Connection on one Laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/461906 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/461906/frequently-lose-wireless-internet-connection-on-one-laptop/
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry i am new to this so i hope i am doing this post correctly. One of my 3 computers is having frequent drops (every few minutes) of connection to the internet even though it is still wirelessly connected to the routerand the connection is very good. No other computer has this problem. I have changed from a PCI wireless card to a USB adapter but still the same problem. If i bring the laptop to the computer the laptop does not have the problem so that seems to rule out interference.
I have used both the adapter software and XP to connect.
How can i remedy this. The computer is using XP SP3.

Relevancy 64.5%

My probem is that periodically my laptop jump off the internet, and then can't find any nearby networks. I have tried reinstalling new drivers for my wifi adaptor, but the problem stays. When the only thing that helps is restarting the wifi adaptor. The windows solution says that there is a wifi adaptor that is misplaced or broken. Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-drops-out-very-frequently-4598478/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys So over the course of a month I've had this problem with my internet connection Internet Connection drops every minutes exact 30 At certain times of the day it would just cut off Normally from the moment I would turn on my computer to the moment the internet cuts off it would be about a straight hours that Internet Connection drops every 30 exact minutes the internet is on The thing is this isn't a router problem since everyone else in the home with windows is not experiencing this I've dug into this to find out that my Wireless Connection Lease would expire at certain times of the day cutting of my internet It shows the time it would cut off when I go to quot Connect to a Wireless Network quot right click my Wifi Name click on Status and click on Details Right now as I post this this is what it's showing It would also say for my IPv Connectivity quot No Internet Access quot and for my IPv Connectivity quot Internet quot whenever my internet cuts off It would normally be hours but now it's going to minutes Instead of hour like it's showing there it cuts off at minutes When it cuts off it says quot No Network Access quot and gives me a yellow triangle with an quot quot next to the Internet Symbol on my taskbar And it's weird I've tried going to Adapter Settings and disabling the Wifi Card and enabling it but it always gets stuck on quot Enabling quot which makes me have to restart my computer in order to keep getting internet I really don't know what to do now I also think that it could also be my power plan When I put the computer to sleep by clicking the quot Sleep quot button it would actually shut down the computer and this started happening the same time my internet would start cutting off Please help

A:Internet Connection drops every 30 exact minutes

Is your connection only a wireless one or ethernet? If its wireless, i would check to make sure the wireless adapter settings in the control panel are ok. On the other side of things; you could try doing a ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew at a elevated command prompt and see if that might resolve the issue you are having. Also, can you go into event viewer and copy and post and logs that have any possible related errors; then we can go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317734-internet-connection-drops-every-30-exact-minutes.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, I have a new windows 8 laptop and every couple of minutes the internet connection goes to "limited" and if I simply disconnect and reconnect from the network it starts working again, but then disconnects again in about 5-10 minutes. This is extremely annoying and none of our Windows 7 computers do this. Some days it is worse than others. Can someone help me? Thanks.

A:Internet connection drops every couple of minutes

Anyone care to help me? Windows 8 is a piece of shit

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16912-internet-connection-drops-every-couple-minutes.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, this issue has been going on for a few weeks now, i will be using the internet and it will suddenly drop out. My computer is connected to my router, this connection is fine it is just the INTERNET connection that drops out. When this happens all of the computers on the network are affected, please help! If any extra information is required just ask.

Relevancy 64.5%

I am using a wireless modem/router and no other device for VOIP. I am also using voipraider and lowratevoip as my VOIP providers. Up until a month ago, everything was fine but now everytime I dialpad with VOIP, internet connection drops in 20 seconds. So, I have to reboot the system.
ATT technical support tried to help but coould not find anything on their end but commented that; it is probably I downloaded a Microsoft patch or update which conflicts with VOIP system.
And that is true, I allowed automatic updates from MS all the time and I remember couple of patched in the last 2 months.
And by the way, I am not using any third party device for VOIP. It is only the voipraider or lowratevoip software and their on screen dialpad system.
Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everytime-i-use-voip-internet-connection-drops.737274/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, I have been having some internet issues for quite some time now. My problem is my internet connection will drop for a second, then come right back, but its enough to keep disconnecting me while trying to play games online. and this seems to have happened right after i switched my ISP. It seems to being doing this on all my computers(2 wired and 2 wireless) some days it will work fine all day, and others, it drops ever 5 or so minutes and lately most days it is happening. I have contacted my ISP and they keep telling me that the internet is fine, and not doping off on there end. They finally sent some won down tho, and he gave us a new modem, and changed out one of the cables to a bigger one. And this problem still continues to keep happening, i have no idea what to do! can some won please help!

thanks,
Matty

A:Internet connection drops for a few seconds, then comes right back.

as its so short the normal tests may not help - but they are all below

xirrus would be worth posting a screen shot

in the meantime - try google open dns and see if it makes a difference

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

would you post the following tests when its working OK and then repeat ALL the tests when it disconnects and make sure you also tells which tests posted are for what condition

if you are also connected by wireless include the xirrus screen shots

Please post back here the make and exact model of the router and if separate, the make and exact model of the modem

Also please make a note of the status of the light on the modem and on the router when working normally - post back here and then when disconnected post the status of the lights here again if changed

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is workingClick to expand...

---------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-for-a-few-seconds-then-comes-right-back.1055203/
Relevancy 64.5%

Dear Tech Support Guy Crew I every of connection off couple minutes! Internet drops live in a shared flat with flatmates We share one router which connects to internet via ADSL We use different systems Windows Internet connection drops off every couple of minutes! amp Vista MacOS X on different computers Acer HP Vaio MacBook Until last week Internet connection drops off every couple of minutes! our internet connection worked perfectly fine if you could call quot perfectly fine quot having to Internet connection drops off every couple of minutes! restart router every couple of days Well - since a week ago our internet connection keeps dropping off every couple of minutes To get the internet back we have to either reboot router or prompt it to reconnect to the internet After re-establishing connection the download upload speed is relatively high and then gradually drops down to unbearable Kb s in a couple of minutes often dropping off completely Oh - and it happens regardless of how we connect between computers and the router cable wireless It happens more often during the day then during the night It happens regardless of number makes and OSes of computers connected It just happens I haven t had any troubles connecting to the router itself neither using cable nor wirelessly So far we ve tried - rebooting router - swapping all cables for new ones - moving router around the flat - updating all systems and uploading brand new firmware to the router I ve called up tech guys from Virgin Media UK our ISP and they ve checked that the internet connection in our area works quot perfectly fine quot They suggested removing extension cord between socket and filter what I did with no apparent results Other than that they couldn t give me any practical advice Our router is NETGEAR Wireless ADSL Modem Router model DG Gv with firmware V Help me Tech Support Guy Kenobi you re my only hope P S I am sorry if the post is slightly chaotic it s the second time I am writing it the first time the connection dropped off while I was submitting the new thread nbsp

A:Internet connection drops off every couple of minutes!

Well, did you reset to factory defaults after installing the firmware? Other than that, I can't think of anything else you can do. If it still does it, I suspect the router is dying.

You might try directing a fan on it to see if it's a heat issue. I'm guessing you need a new modem/router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-off-every-couple-of-minutes.953480/
Relevancy 64.5%

I just installed Windows 7 and like it for the most part, but everytime the computer goes into sleep mode and I turn it on again the internet cuts out. I'm on a cable, so it's not a wireless issue.

Any help would be most appreciated.

A:Internet Connection Drops After Being in Sleep Mode

Go to Device Manager under 'Netwok Adapters' select your LAN driver and do as suggested in the picture.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220423-internet-connection-drops-after-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am using a wireless modem/router and no other device for VOIP. I am also using voipraider and lowratevoip as my VOIP providers. Up until a month ago, everything was fine but now everytime I dialpad with VOIP, internet connection drops in 20 seconds. So, I have to reboot the system.

ATT technical support tried to help but coould not find anything on their end but commented that; it is probably I downloaded a Microsoft patch or update which conflicts with VOIP system.

And that is true, I allowed automatic updates from MS all the time and I remember couple of patched in the last 2 months.

And by the way, I am not using any third party device for VOIP. It is only the voipraider or lowratevoip software and their on screen dialpad system.

Please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/everytime-i-use-voip-internet-connection-drops-277235.html
Relevancy 64.5%

New laptop connected to my home network after drops seconds connection 10 New internet laptop which is very stable and has New laptop drops internet connection after 10 seconds no history of connection issues After about seconds the laptop drops the connection Sometimes it ll come New laptop drops internet connection after 10 seconds back for a while sometimes not haven t observed any pattern in this yet All I ve done since starting the computer for the first time is installed all the junk that comes with it Nero stuff mostly and installed all windows updates there were over of them and AVG Free edition Before doing all that the connection was still not right but it did hold for a lot longer than seconds It held for over an hour downloading programs like Itunes AVG and Firefox Going to control panel gt network sharing centre when the connection is down I see the yellow exclamation mark between my computer and my network Troubleshooting this resets the network adapter gives me the error The default gateway is not available and says that it is fixed The connection then works again for about seconds and drops once more From setting up the network I think the default gateway is the router IP address The internet on the other computers on the network one desktop one laptop is fine and uninterrupted I can t get the connection to hold for long enough to download SysInfo but this is the laptop http www saverstore com product - - GB-Ran- GB-Hard-Drive- -Windows- -P Any advice ideas appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I noticed (at least when im online this late) that the internet goes down between 12-1am PST everyday. I contacted Time Warner Cable and they recommended running a direct connection from modem to computer for testing.

I replaced my WRT54GS router recently with a WRT54GL because of a similar connection issue. I put the stock firmware on it this time (No DD-WRT or Tomato).

After the connection goes down I disconnect the cable modem for a couple minutes/reconnect and it's good to go.

I'm not sure if this could be it, but could it be when the router leases renew everyday (someone said it was transparent i guess that means it shouldn't matter?)

Anyway, any help?

More info: ALL connections go down. It has happened during the day if I recall correctly but usually around the same time 12-1am every night. Thanks

A:Internet Connection Drops Same Time Everyday

Usually the lease renewal occurs half way through the lease and is transparent.

If you (your router's WAN that is) are losing connection at the half way mark there is something strange going on (something I do not understand).

If you are losing it at the end of the lease it means it did not get renewed for some reason.

If you are losing it at the same time every day because that's when your Time Warner Cable scans their network for invalid equipment then you need to find out why. Find out if they check for the MAC Address of the device connected to the modem. (Note that not all tech support people are even going to know about this.) If they do, you need to get them to change their records to your router's WAN MAC Address, or set your router to use whatever Time Warner is looking for. At the same time check to see if their records correctly identify your modem's MAC Address.

I guess Time Warner could be doing some kind of maintenance (other than the above mentioned scan) on their network and causing a brief outage, but that doesn't seem too likely to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-same-time-everyday.916289/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am having an issue with windows 7 when it come out of sleep/hibernation mode. whenever it wakes up it wont connect to the internet through wireless or wired network it was connected too. it says that i am connected to the network but with limited connectivity. the only way i have been able to reconnect is by either restarting or running the command line and releasing and then renewing my ip connection several times. I have had this same problem on every network i have been on so i dont think it is the hardware on that end. i have tried updating my nic card through device manager but it says everything is up to date. so do yall have any suggestions?

A:Windows 7 drops internet connection after hybernation

If anybody is interested - disabling sleep mode does keep the connection active. At least it works when you want to use it.....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a1371037-c04c-48d9-85ad-a74622829d0e/windows-7-drops-internet-connection-after-hybernation?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi! I've a problem with my Linksys WRT54G (v.5) router. It has been working really fine but I noticed every once a while it drops my broadband connection. How long it takes to drop varies, sometimes a few hours other times abt a day.

2 computers are linked to the internet via this router. 1 wired and 1 wireless. Whenever the connection is dropped, both are affected. I tried restarting the ethernet modem and it did not help. I tried restarting the computers and it works on and off. Only when I restart the router (plug ac off and the on) then everything returns on normal.

Is there any settings on the router page that I can change to ensure it does not drop the connection?
What is the problem here exactly?

Thanks in advance. Would appreciate any help given.

Relevancy 64.5%

My internet connection drops and comes up at random intervals, like it drops for 5-10 seconds and comes up and stays for half an hour and sometimes it dorps for 15min. and comes up for 5-10 seconds..... anyways, the router lights go down too(except wireless and power indicator) Please need help on this........ Here's details:-
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz 65 C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1656 (CPU1) 64 C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics Family (HP)
Radeon HD 6490M (HP)
Hard Drives
466GB Hitachi HTS725050A9A364 ATA Device (SATA) 45 C
Optical Drives
hp DVD A DS8A5LH ATA Device
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device
If you need more, please tell me..........

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys was wondering if someone could shed a little light onto something which is extremely frustrating.

I have a cable internet connection, via a wireless router, and whenever the connection is idle the connection drops. So therefore downloading overnight becomes impossible.

If anyone could give me some help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys keep up the good work

if you need me to post specs etc, just let me know

Relevancy 64.5%

Network Internet Problem I have Internet Network Drops Connection / related desktop computers connected via ethernet to a Linksys router Both are configured exactly the same way One continually drops the internet connection although in Network Connections it shows as connected The problem is in the network I must manually right click on the LAN logo and select 'repair' Usually the connection then works although some times I must re-start the computer I also have wireless computers connect through the same WRTG Linksys router Only this one computer loses Internet Connection Drops / Network related the connection I have already set the advanced settings to 'force' the speed on my networking controller to 'force full duplex' This did not help I'll mention that I have a vpn setup on both desktops On the one with the problem I can sometimes regain my connection by connecting to the vpn and then disconnecting P S - gt I use ZoneAlarm and both computers are set exactly the same Even when I leave ZoneAlarm 'disabled' I still lose connection Any suggestions for Internet Connection Drops / Network related additional attempt would be appreciated davidb

A:Internet Connection Drops / Network related

I think I'd do a complete virus scan, then check for sypware/malware and totally rule that out before you get too much farther into debugging the network.

Download / Install / Update / and Run:
Adaware SE check for any updates before running it.
Get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. You can download it at this SITE
To run this tool, install to the hard drive, then open Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection.

Download and install Spybot S&D . Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the Fix Selected Problems button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Scan your pc with one of these free online scanners:
Panda ActiveScan
RAV AntiVirus
Housecall. Be sure to put a check the box beside AutoClean.

Also, Download and install: HiJackThis 1.99.1.

(Always create a Folder for HiJackThis anywhere but your Temp/Temporary Internet Folders or Desktop. A good place to make a folder would be in My Documents, as this is where it will save the backup files needed if there's a problem.)

Then doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Do A System Scan And Save Log". Make sure all Windows and Browsers are closed.
When the scan is finished, best to save your text file in the same folder as where you put HiJackthis.

Create a New Thread and include a fresh HJT log in HiJackThisLog Help Forum and Copy/Paste the info from your saved Hijackthis log file into your new topic. A Moderator/ Security Team Expert will give you instructions.

***DO NOT TRY TO FIX ANYTHING, MAJOR DAMAGE CAN BE DONE TO YOUR SYSTEM IF THIS TOOL IS USED INCORRECTLY, PLEASE WAIT FOR AN ANALYST/
MODERATOR TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS***

Always describe your problem and any programs you have used to try to resolve your issue. Your description can go a long way to solving/repairing your particular issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f137/internet-connection-drops-network-related-49423.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Had a virus a while back Had to do a system restore when I lost a dll file Since than my PC hasnt acted quiet the same Did multiple virus scans including online ones and such Help please Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Running Slow, Internet Drops Connection Pc exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Pc Running Slow, Internet Connection Drops Defender Pc Running Slow, Internet Connection Drops MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Pc Running Slow, Internet Connection Drops system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files BitComet BitComet exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exec program files common files aol ee aim exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com mywayR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http mysearch myway com jsp dellsidebar jsp p DER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run IntelMeM C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exeO - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot minO - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -DelayO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper ex... Read more

A:Pc Running Slow, Internet Connection Drops

Hello Kid_kaos and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I do not see any signs of viruses or malware in this log. It is clean.There are a couple of entries with missing files so let's clean those up while you are here.Start HijackThis and click the Scan button to perform a scan. Look for the following items and click in the checkbox in front of each item to select it:R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {4D25F926-B9FE-4682-BF72-8AB8210D6D75} - (no file)O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)Now close ALL open windows except HijackThis and click the Fix Checked button to finish the repair.Other than that you are good to go.XP performance issues are handled in the XP forum. If there are performance issues I would suggest posting a question there and letting them analyze the system a little deeper. Let them know that you have been to this forum and no malware was found.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57479/pc-running-slow-internet-connection-drops/
Relevancy 64.5%

I will try to keep this as coherent as possible but it is certainly a bizarre issue I haven t encountered problems Connection No Internet signs of any Drops, anything like this before days ago my internet connection stopped working while I was browsing I was connected to a linksys router through a Motorola modem Internet Connection Drops, No signs of any problems All my lights were still Internet Connection Drops, No signs of any problems green Doing a power cycle with them didn t solve it I restarted and got the connection back for about minutes then it dropped again Restart worked again Lost it again after minutes After some time the router started saying that i had limited or no connectivity thus not allowing me any connection for any amount of time Thinking that the router was the problem I connected my computer directly to my modem Again all green lights connection for about minutes then gone This is what happens now I connect to my modem directly I have all green lights I can surf the web through IE or Mozilla for about - minutes with no problems After - minutes any address I type in will time out while I still have all green lights on the modem I can still log on to MSN Messenger my email through outlook and newsgroups via a newsgroup program Every restart will allow me to surf for this short time and then it will drop Actions I ve taken I can ping after surfing drops without any problem Called my ISP they think it is a firewall issue I have disabled my windows firewall and attempted the same thing with no success I have Symantec Corporate but there is no firewall that I am aware of I m fairly certain I don t have another firewall running Called Dell it is not a hardware issue according to them and they were of little help after that I CAN restart in Safe Mode with networking and maintain surfing capabilities without dropping it At least with the amount of time that I gave it The strangest thing is that at school I CAN connect wirelessly through a VPN with no drop at all This leads me to believe it is an ISP issue that they wont tell me or that they don t know about or it s a network card software issue But again I have no idea I can post Hijack this logs It looks like I may have a couple malware things not sure if it will make any difference My system Dell Latitude D Laptop Dell Docking Station Windows XP Pro Thank you for any help you can provide nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

Afternoon all I'm having an issue where my internet connection will seemingly internet drops Regular wired connection in drop for a split second and then reconnect For example I will be signed into IRC and will have a momentary drop in connection which boots me out and then I will instantly reconnect Another example would be when watching a streamed video Youtube I will be watching Regular drops in wired internet connection a video and then the buffering would stop until I manually navigated to a couple of seconds later and then buffering would continue A final example would be in skype where people are constantly getting connect disconnect notifications from me I've had a go at pinging google -t to see if it sheds any light on the frequency of disconnection It has an average ping of about ms and will occasionally spike to roughly - every lines or so But other than that it has no difficulty pinging at all I've tried some suggested quick fixes like restarting the station restarting resetting the router flushing the DNS cache and none of them have solved the issue The OS I'm using is Windows Professional If you need any further technical information as far as specs are concerned I can post that if it's required Any assistance advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated -D-

A:Regular drops in wired internet connection

Quote: Originally Posted by DaeDae

Afternoon all!

I'm having an issue where my internet connection will seemingly drop for a split second, and then reconnect.

For example, I will be signed into IRC and will have a momentary drop in connection which boots me out, and then I will instantly reconnect.

Another example would be when watching a streamed video (Youtube). I will be watching a video and then the buffering would stop, until I manually navigated to a couple of seconds later, and then buffering would continue.

A final example would be in skype, where people are constantly getting connect/disconnect notifications from me.

I've had a go at pinging google (-t) to see if it sheds any light on the frequency of disconnection. It has an average ping of about 35 ms, and will occasionally spike to roughly 130-150 every 7 lines or so. But other than that it has no difficulty pinging at all.

I've tried some suggested quick fixes like restarting the station, restarting/resetting the router, flushing the DNS cache and none of them have solved the issue.

The OS I'm using is Windows 7 Professional (64).

If you need any further technical information as far as specs are concerned, I can post that if it's required.

Any assistance / advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

-D-

You should check to see if this problem occurs in safe mode. If it doesn't happen in safe mode then the problem is most likely caused by an installed program or A/V software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/277074-regular-drops-wired-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Over the past few weeks I ve been getting these connection drops and I ve had to reboot my modem in order to get the connection back Most of the times the DSL light continuously flashes and I get no connection If I m lucky the DSL light solidifies and I get a dodgy connection for a couple hours and it drops again I ve been told it s an issue with my attenuation connection periodically Internet reconnects drops and and impulse noise I ve Internet connection periodically drops and reconnects had more than technicians dispatched to my house saying that they ve fixed it and stabilized the signals The most recent fixed the issue where the connection drops for longer periods of times but the connection is still really dodgy The connection still drops but not as often and usually happens in mornings I m currently using a C a modem from Centurylink and if it matters it s bridged to a Netgear router Here are my numbers DSL Status Connection Status Internet connection periodically drops and reconnects DSL Downstream Mbps DSL Upstream Mbps DSL Link Statistics Link Statistic Status Broadband Mode Setting Auto Select Broadband Mode Detected VDSL - A DSL Link Uptime Days H M S Retrains Retrains in Last Hours Loss of Power Link Failures Loss of Signal Link Failure Loss of Margin Link Failure Link Train Errors Unavailable Seconds Internet connection periodically drops and reconnects Estimated Loop Length Uncanceled Echo N A Transport Mode PTM Path Parameter Priority Service Type PTM-Tagged DSL Power Levels Downstream Upstream SNR dB dB Attenuation DS DS dB US US dB Power dBm dBm DSL Transport Transport Downstream Upstream Packets Error Packets Hour Usage Mbits Mbits Total Usage Mbits Mbits Minute Discarded DSL Channel Channel Near End Far End Channel Type Interleaved Interleaved CRC Errors Minute CRC RS FEC Minute FEC nbsp

A:Internet connection periodically drops and reconnects

the DSL light continuously flashes and I get no connection.Click to expand...

That usually means that the modem is connecting to the line
I can not find a manual for that C100a
But the user manual would tell you what to expect from the DSL Light
I would normally expect that to be a solid all the time
You usually also have an internet light , and that one flashes as data is transferring

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-periodically-drops-and-reconnects.1150099/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello My internet connection is droping every couple minutes and the only solution i ve been able to find so far is to release and renew my ipconfig it started happening about weeks ago and its pretty annoying i cant have a simple skype call completed nor browse a site just nothing I ve contacted my ISP and they say the modem and their end are fine also i ve noticed that when it drops i cant access the modem tho some applications just seem to lag as if there was a little connection that doesnt really makes sense to me but its what it looks like I dont think its a virus because i have a legal license for Kaspersky Internet Security and i dont think its KIS either because i ve tryed disabling it i do use Ccleaner a lot like times a day maybe more but it has never caused any issues before Here are my system specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E i Internet release drops ip... connection and the renew until Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P Q PRO TURBO Antivirus Kaspersky Internet Security Disabled And i have a mb cable Internet connection drops until i release and renew the ip... modem connection I really hope you guys can help me with this its really stressing I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ALL AND ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

hi there first of all thanks for taking the time to help me out i have cable internet with Solved: connection drops Internet randomly shaw and a recent problem i ve had is that i can t keep my connection my modem led lights are fine the power online send recieve lights stay solid and the pc activity blinks the two computers in my taskbar are the ones that let me know when i have to reset the connection the one on the left stays on but the one on the right is blank the first time had this problem was with my first network adapter a yukon marvell gigabit ethernet controller my local pc shop told me to that the card was probably bad so i bought a d-link t gigabit ethernet controller for the first month it worked beautifully i did not have to go to my network connection and disable enable my card but a couple weeks ago it started to do it again i phoned my isp and they said that everything was fine on their side and advised me to uninstall the card and reinstall which i did and it did not fix the Solved: Internet drops connection randomly problem i ran command and did a ping test with www yahoo com and with for both of these i got packets sent and recieved lost when there was a connection i did it again when it dropped it and the results were sent recieved lost it also said request time out four times as for yahoo it said ping request could not find host www yahoo com please check the name and try again also there are these extra adapter type things that i are a complete mystery to me first one is called Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo- interface the Solved: Internet drops connection randomly second is quot Tunnel adapter to Psuedo-interface the third is Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface these stayed the same for the dlink adapter the only thing that changed was the ip address connected fe Solved: Internet drops connection randomly bff fe not connected fe bff fe hope this helps thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a cable modem. I use a Netgear WGR614v6 wireless router. It is connected directly to one computer and through a wireless to another. A few days ago, it started dropping the internet connection. Everything on the modem is fine and if I go through the modem directly, it works. I have tried rebooting everything, upgrading the firmware, resetting the router and it is still dropping. I can get it to pick back up by doing a release/renew on the router but this isn't an acceptable solution. Last night, it was dropping about every five minutes or so.

Can you help?

A:Router drops internet connection repeatedly

Are you in a suitable location to receive signal? And, if so, what is your signal strength?

~Simon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-drops-internet-connection-repeatedly.562764/
Relevancy 64.5%

For the past months my internet connection has been dropping - times per day I never have problems in the morning Problems are usually at their worst in the afternoon It will drop - times in the afternoon and sometimes once or twice in the evening Whenever the internet disconnects I get a quot Limited or no connectivity quot of the time I do not have to unplug the power cables on the router modem the connection usually reconnects itself within minutes at most I have laptops at my house and all are connected wirelessly All of them lose connection when the internet disconnects I have called my ISP a couple of times and they said the problem wasn t from them My ISP is comcast I am currently using a Cisco DPC DOCSIS cable modem My router is Netgear WNDR I ve changed my modem was using a motorola surfboard before and that didn t help I ve played with the channels MTU size static dynamic IP pretty much everything that I have read in other threads I do believe that my problem deals with a minor change but I just don t know what to do anymore Please help thanks nbsp

A:Internet connection drops 3-4 times per day, everyday. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-drops-3-4-times-per-day-everyday-please-help.1005999/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all I've only begun experiencing this issue in the past month I took a Online Games (Internet Remainin Disconnecting Connection in Frequently few months off from online gaming in general and returned to strange connectivity issues It's happened in FFXIV Diablo Path of Exile and Borderlands My internet's never been the best a measly mbps but it's always been extremely stable while gaming until now What happens is I will suddenly be disconnected from the game's servers I'm not always running other applications but when I am Skype or Pandora through my browser I don't lose connection with those services My internet doesn't really disconnect but I can't keep in contact with the servers for Frequently Disconnecting in Online Games (Internet Connection Remainin long This usually happens every minutes or so Connecting through a VPN WTFast helps it occur less but it does happen from time Frequently Disconnecting in Online Games (Internet Connection Remainin to time I've tried disabling my software firewall AVG but it doesn't help The router firewall is disabled and I've forwarded appropriate ports for the games I'm playing Granted my router is VERY OLD It's possible that it's failing but I'd rather troubleshoot the issue before throwing money at the problem It's a Westell A - - My ISP is Verizon I haven't contacted their support line because I don't pay the bill and I'm not sure if I can In any event I'd rather look into it myself first but I'm really not sure where to start Nothing unusual turns up in Netalyzr reports or tracerts to game servers I'm not experiencing packet loss and my ping remains very stable It doesn't even spike before the disconnection occurs I view every technical hiccup as a learning experience-- so if anyone could provide me with a starting point I'd really appreciate it Edit I've also checked for malware with MWB and AVG and everything's clean Edit This is happening over a wired connection I don't have any other devices to test otherwise my desktop does not support Wifi Edit Sorry for the weird title I've been posting this on a variety of forums to try to get help and didn't realize it wouldn't fit here until it was too late

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382447-frequently-disconnecting-online-games-internet-connection-remainin.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now After upgrading to WIndows I frequently 10 drops Windows Wifi have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover It just drops randomly and re-connects after - minutes If I attempt to connect to the network in that period Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently of - minutes it will sometimes connect and sometimes fail I have other laptops of which has Windows and they don't experience this problem I have searched online and tried tons of things Nothing has fixed the problem so far Below are all the things I tried Please help if you have any suggestions or if there are known issues with Windows Updated the driver software Uninstalled the driver and re-installed it Unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter Uninstalled anti-virus to eliminate anti-virus as the issue Disabled 'Wifi Sense' options of 'Connect to suggested hotspots' amp 'Connect to networks shared by my contacts' I am clueless as to what the issue is Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63181-windows-10-wifi-drops-frequently.html