Windows Support Forum

Network card working but no internet

Q: Network card working but no internet

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm hoping I can find some answers here. My PCI-e Wifi adapter is working, and I'm able to connect to a wireless access point fine. But when I open my browser and go to google, it will not load. And evetually it says "No network connection."
However, if I plug a different adapter in, everything works perfectly fine.
One weird thing about the first adapter is that sometimes if I refresh the router, it will connect for like five seconds. Then stop working again. The device is fine, and system tray icon for wireless has no warning or disable indication.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network card working but no internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network card working but no internet

Power cycle the modem
unplug the router from ac and modem and wait for the router lights to flash and are ready
Power on the router and connect it to the modem
Go into the router and make sure under WAN (internet) it gets the DNS from the ISP there should be two of them listed. If you see 0.0.0. or 192.168.x.x then the Router is not communicating correctly with the modem.

If you see this the router would need a factory reset and re-run the setup again.
If all looks good but it's the PC that not connecting

Open up a dos session prompt run as Admin

Under dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns

or

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache

reboot your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-working-but-no-internet.196381/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a HP Pavilion laptop that was able to connect via wifi, or ethernet, just fine until I recently upgraded it to Windows 10. The problem did not start right away, but could be associated with my security software (bitdefender). The laptop does recognize the router, but when I look into the settings I see that there is no connectivity in the IPv4 or IPv6.

Please let me know if additional info is needed to further diagnose this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-on-laptop.217570/
Relevancy 18.06%

My laptop supports two graphics card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and after a while the AMD got corrupted(I already updated it but I think it's hardware problem) and causes blue screen so I disabled it in safe mode(because it uses the intel one).

I tried a clean install of Windows 7 and during installation AMD causes blue screen because it gets enabled.

And now I want to try a clean install of the Windows 10. Question is, is there anyway I could disable the graphics card permanently?

I use a 64-bit Sony Vaio Laptop VPCSB26FG with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS. Thanks a lot!

A:How to permanently disable graphics card

The simple solution is to remove the failing card :grin:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-permanently-disable-graphics-card.217519/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey guys, I have searched a lot of forums but haven't found any relevent answers. I am sorry if this is a repeat.

What happened is that I disabled my nvidia graphic card from the control panel and it was too late until I realised my mistake as I had already pressed the restart button. Now I try to start my pc but all that happens is that I hear the sounds I always hear but nothing appears in the screens. I have tried several monitors. I have unhooked the monitor from the nvidia and connected it to the onboard gpu and still no luck. I tried resetting the bios but that didn't help either.

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz

GPU:
ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GT610 Synergy Edition.

A:I disabled my Nvidia Geforce GT610 graphics card accidentally and now I can't see a thing

You'll not make that mistake again and neither will I. You can't see anything when Windows boots but you know it's there. Maybe there's a way round this but I never found it and ended up reinstalling Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-disabled-my-nvidia-geforce-gt610-graphics-card-accidentally-and-now-i-cant-see-a-thing.203943/
Relevancy 17.63%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 18.06%

Which graphics card to choose between nvidia GTX960 and nvidia GTX760?

A:Buying Graphics Card

They are both rated as the same card within their generation. The 960 is the newest card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-graphics-card.216700/
Relevancy 14.62%

I've been having this problem for only the last week or so where my internet will stop working until I restart my computer, even though it says I am connected and internet is available.

The problem is not with my modem or my router. The internet works fine on every other computer.
I've run multiple antivirus scans on multiple programs. Clean.
Drivers are up to date.

Sometimes it disconnects after five minutes, sometimes forty, sometimes hours.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

A:Internet disconnects and won't reconnect until restart

What is this computers make and model? How does it connect to the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnects-and-wont-reconnect-until-restart.200385/
Relevancy 31.39%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 17.2%

SO close Help me get this ball across the goal line I have a old quot Microtek ScanMaker E quot scsi flatbed scanner that originally came with an ISA scsi interface to give you some idea of how old it is I connected it to my PC using a equally ancient Tekram F pci SCSI card c 64bit my got scanner Almost w/Win7 old working that I ve been using with bit WinXP Pro for years The scanner has an - quot x quot scanning bed dpi and bit color reproduction It works great and I see no reason to spend a few hundred dollars to replace it just for Win compatibility so I m trying to get it to work with the bit Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit version of Windows To complicate things the company that made my SCSI card Tekram went out of business years ago so the bit XP driver was the last they made But after MUCH Googling I found a bit Win compatible driver for another card using the same chipset and low amp behold Windows recognized it It then quot detected quot my scanner for the first time but didn t have a driver Again after much searching I found a Vista bit version of Microtek s quot ScanWizard quot scanner software with bit driver and now bit Windows detects my scanner Yeah But when I try to access the scanner I get an error telling me I quot must install Color Matching System first quot for the scanner to work I don t remember any such software being needed to use the scanner with XP and there is no such program in the ScanWizard software I just installed searching online suggests I will also need to run an quot ICC Color Profiler quot Anyone have any ideas So close yet so far I love doing things I was told were quot impossible quot Help nbsp

A:Almost got my old scanner working w/Win7 64bit

That Microtek ScanMaker E3 scsi flatbed scanner ... didn't even work well with Windows XP... and the cost in time and components to attempt to make it work are much higher than a decent Canon or Epson scanner which can be had fof $40... Less if used...

On what system are you runny SCSI ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/almost-got-my-old-scanner-working-w-win7-64bit.157055/
Relevancy 14.62%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 18.06%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello friends first time long time And essentially I have a dreaded problem with my quot smart TV quot I have one of the Samsung Led Tv to TV not internet router LED connects but s but an older model like a series or The T V has been working fine for the year and a half I ve had it The software updated itself multiple times and nothing ever happened However last night I had to move furniture around and left my modem and my wireless router disconnected for a good or hrs This action apparently LED TV connects to router but not internet reset my wireless router I reset the network and essentially created a new one I connected an XBOXONE laptops tablet and phones and a wireless printer to the network and they all work fine But for some reason the LED does not want to connect to the internet At first it was the apps that didn t connect and essentially the entire machine could not do anything related to the internet So I went online and tried all kinds of tricks which included doing a factory reset but that didn t work Also I tried to manually plug those google DNS numbers of and and no cigar I tried a few cycles where I unplugged the T V and the router and modem for a few minutes and nothing I called my ISP Time Warner Cable who said the problem was with Samsung I contacted Samsung and got no response I contacted the manufacturer of the wireless router Medialink who told me to change the encryption and the WPS settings I played around with the WPA AND WPA and the WPA AND WPA AND THE AES AND THE TKIP AND BOTH AT THE SAME TIME And absolutely nothing works the crooked thing still wont connect to the internet I have read somewhere that for people with comcast routers they needed to get rid of parental settings but my router doesn t have that I tried to disable WPS and that made it worse So I put everything back the way it was I don t know if the issue has anything to do with static vs Dynamic Ips or what I wonder if anyone can give me another tip I may have skipped over Could it be the internal network adapter is damaged all of a sudden and from pure coincidence independent of the reset Is there a way to set all of these things manually I have attached pictures of the whole process so you can see what I mean I can t figure out how to link so http postimg org gallery c tjth i aa nbsp

A:LED TV connects to router but not internet

That's a great set of pictures to illustrate the issue. As yet I've not bought a smart TV and your post has made me less likely to buy one. In your situation I'd try another factory reset for the TV and then set it up with a cable connection to the router. Assuming that goes well revisit wi-fi concentrating on the router settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-tv-connects-to-router-but-not-internet.209188/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 18.06%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 18.49%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello I have a (Low Budget) Card Recommendations Graphics decent PC with a crappy graphics card which is the (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations only thing holding my gaming back I have gigs of RAM and an Intel Core duo E of Ghz Its a Dell Optiplex MiniTower and it has a Power Supply of w or so I need a Graphics card within - Without having to upgrade the entire thing Yep I know I m cheap but I m pretty desperate since my PC can t run even most games such (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations as League of Legends and DOTA Dota ftw But for some weird reason I (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations can run Elder Scrolls Oblivion perfectly yet games like quot Skullgirlz quot won t despite being a linear game And after researchin my sh t I came across these Graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT GeForce NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT AMD Radeon HD Tell me the quot best choice quot out of these since my budget is pretty much limited and if the cards that I chose quot will even quot work or fit inside the case Also does it being Single-Width or Dual-Width matter And if it does which of the graphics cards that I listed will actually work I am just looking for a graphics card that will improve my PC not one that will turn it into a gaming computer Answer with minimum detail please Just kidding write as much as you want Cheers nbsp

A:(Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations

I'd recommend going to Ebay and looking for something like a Radeon HD 7850. I saw some sell for around 50ish bucks. The HD 7850 would be a huge improvement over the cards you listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-budget-graphics-card-recommendations.216068/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey everyone Now I m no expert but I m fairly computer savvy however when it comes to hardware spec s I m clueless A friend of a friend helped me pick GFX Upgrading Card my hardware and I put together my current computer almost years ago It was a beast at first but after a month my gfx card kept crashing almost every game mins into playing Did some research turned out a lot of people were having issues with the same card For whatever reason I never bothered to or couldn t get a replacement Well now I m finally ready to do it and I was looking for some insight based on my current spec s what my best options would Upgrading GFX Card be I m running Windows Upgrading GFX Card bit This barebone kit http www tigerdirect com applicat mail- -WebletMain- -WEBLET SATSFY- -Satisfy Asus M A GTD PRO AMD GX CrossFire Motherboard AMD Phenom II X T GHz Processor Overclocked to GHz GB DDR MHz System Memory x MB -Watt Power Supply CoolIT ECO A L C Liquid Cooling System WD Black WD FAEX TB Desktop Hard Drive - quot SATA RPM MB Cache And the busted graphics card I m using http www tigerdirect com applicat mail- -WebletMain- -WEBLET SATSFY- -Satisfy EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX Fermi MHz Overclock to MHz Now don t get me wrong I m not expecting to play next-gen games at the highest settings or anything just something decent to hold me over until I eventually build a fresh PC I m not looking to spend more than - I ve always gone with nVidia in the past but I m open to other suggestions Any suggestions are appreciated thanks for your time nbsp

A:Upgrading GFX Card

Looking over your current video card were you in need of running dual monitors? Have you checked out NewEgg.com? They are always having deals of video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gfx-card.215852/
Relevancy 18.06%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
BUT
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-card-on-sleep-mode.215807/
Relevancy 17.2%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 17.2%

Greetings!

I have an MSI GS70 laptop here , its about 1 month old and the webcam has stopped working,

It has worked earlier, Nothing happens when I try to start it and when I try to find it in the device manager it is not there.

Any idea what I can try?

Thanks!

A:MSI GS70 Gaming laptop Webcam not working

Ok I have an MSI GT70, did you try activating it via the toolbar at the top of the screen that comes on MSI laptops. It looks like a tiny paperclip at the top of the screen in the center, there should be once you open that toolbar up an option to activate the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gs70-gaming-laptop-webcam-not-working.197211/
Relevancy 18.06%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-amds-dual-gpu-fiji-graphics-card.215093/
Relevancy 18.06%

My present video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260. I really want to go up on my card, sticking with Nvidia chipset. My mother board is a Asus P5E3 Deluxe. Not sure how high I can go. The 260 wont accept Direct X11. Which rules out " Alien Isolation" and " Witcher The Wild Hunt ". Any help would be great.

A:Upgrade my video card

Forgot to note, board has an Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3 GHz 8192 RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-my-video-card.214801/
Relevancy 18.06%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 34.4%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this is my first time making a forum post since 169.xx ip address working, Ethernet not I am not desperate because nothing I ve tried has worked So two weeks ago I had an electrical surge in my house on my desktop the ethernet port on the motherboard died so I sent Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address back my motherboard to have that fixed Now that I have it back I tried getting my ethernet to work though now the Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address connection properly works as in Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address the local area connection is now at least recognized I still have no internet access I just tried reinstalling Windows bit fresh install after I wiped everything My ethernet adapter is called Realtek PCIe GBI Family controller I have a E Linksys router and a Comcast modem I tried plugging the ethernet cable into each other but no luck Currently I m attempting to at least make the desktop use the modem internet directly I seem to be sending packets but not receiving them when I looked in the Status of the Local Area Connection in network connection details I have an autoconfiguration ipv of xxx xxx ipv subnet mask and nothing in the ipv default gateway dns server or wins server and no ipv default gateway I ve tried many things too many to name now but I am willing to try anything you guys mention and post the appropriate data or logs just tell me what it is you would like to see Any help would be highly appreciated nbsp

A:Ethernet not working, 169.xx ip address

Anytime you see 169.x.y.z, that's the clue that your DHCP request to the router did not get an answer.

DHCP should return an IP address directly related to your router's address and two DNS addresses.

search the form for DHCP - - I've posted a solution here on TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-not-working-169-xx-ip-address.203386/
Relevancy 17.2%

HP G62-b80SS laptop
Many keys in the keyboard aren't working. I've successfully replaced the motherboard for this laptop because it went dead because of some dampness trickling going inside and is now otherwise working fine. It's been abandoned for 7 months. I've reseated the keyboard connector and cleaned it with a contact cleaner.
I guess I need to get a new keyboard, am I right?
Thanks!

A:Many keys in keyboard not working HP G62-b80SS laptop

Or the motherboard keyboard connector is damages by corrosion...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-keys-in-keyboard-not-working-hp-g62-b80ss-laptop.213407/
Relevancy 18.06%

I recently bought a new graphics card due to my old one giving out. The new graphics card I got was the GTX 960. I think I plugged everything up right. I uploaded some pictures I thought were viable into helping me find the solution to my problem. I'm really feeling like ****. I was so excited to receive my new 200$ graphics card and to find out it wont even turn on has really got me bummed out. Can someone please help me?

http://imgur.com/JfGMLp6
(8pin connector is plugged in)
http://imgur.com/Z2fImrz
(6-pin connector is plugged in)
I dont have the last image for some reason it wouldn't upload but anyway it's connected to the PCI-E slot.

A:Graphics card not turning on

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-turning-on.213330/
Relevancy 16.34%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys,

I had a quick question about a network at home.

My house is 15m tall and 9m wide, I want to network 3 computers (mine, wife, son).

Should I wire the house with Ethernet cat 5e cable and put a 100 base T switch?
Or
Just put a Wi-Fi access point and Wi Fi cards for the 3 computers.

I prefer wireless, but I?ve heard Ethernet would have slightly faster speeds due to less aerial interference.

Suggestions? Solutions? Thank you!

A:A network for home? Which one?

First of all... don't put a 100 base T switch anywhere but the backup bin. If you're going to bother wiring anything put in GbE as it's inexpensive now. Also, if you're going to bother with any wiring then I'd put in the best/fastest type I could find to future proof it as much as possible. Fishing cable isn't something you want to repeat in a couple of years.

To more directly answer your question, Wi-Fi will probably be fine for you depending on the distance from your WAP (wireless access point) and what your walls are made of. You'll also need to keep in mind any other Wi-Fi interference so the distance to your neighbors can have an affect. All that being said any modern WAP will be faster than a 100 base T switch under normal conditions when it comes to throughput (how much data you can move) - but worse when it comes to latency (how long a specific bit of data takes to get from one point to another). If you're playing games you'll want low latency. If you're just streaming content or moving files around then you just want throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-for-home-which-one.213242/
Relevancy 17.63%

Ok so I do not know if this is the right forum or site to ask this question to be honest It applies to Linux though more applies to a networking issue So here is the problem I currently live in an apartment that has its own network that is given to them by their ISP So my router is getting its ip address from their DHCP server router and then I give out my own problem Apartment Network IP address via my own router So Im trying to be able to SSH into my machine or even just to remote desktop onto my Windows side I have my router set up accordingly and I can ssh into my machine when I am on their own network not my own but when I am away I cannot because Apartment Network problem my routers IP address is unique in the apartment complexes network Does anyone know a solution to this I was thinking a VPN into their network Apartment Network problem and then SSH into my own afterwords Problem is I m really not sure if this is a solution and if so How do I do it Thank you for your time I hope someone has a solution to my problem nbsp

A:Apartment Network problem

This is a STATIC route or PORT FORWARD problem and without the consent the apartment owner, neither are possible.

Your data flow is

Code:
ISP == Apt.router---Your.router---your.pc
Assume the Apt.router is at address 192.168.1.1
If yours is anything else, then your lan is isolated from the apt and you have great security.
* to get Public access (eg from work) to your pc, you need to
cross the Apt.router nat, get to your.router and port forward to your pc - - complicated.​If your.router is on the Apt.lan (meaning you disable DHCP in your router)
you are exposed to all the other apartments,
and still need port forward to your PC, and that requires a FIXED address assignment in the apt.router.​
IMO, the conclusion is this is non-trivial, has dependencies on the good will of the apt owner/tech support guy and requires extra diligence on your systems for security & privacy.
This would need (imo) to be more than just 'I want to play games on the Internet'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apartment-network-problem.213209/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi im planning to get myself a graphics card. to play games like arma 3 on max graphic or any othergame.
can I install any good graphics card to my pc?
Processor: -ADM A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics.
-(4 cpu) 3.40 GHz
-8 GB Ram
-64 bit windows 8.1

DISPLAY-- -dac type: internal dac(400MHz)
AMD Radeon HD 8470
Monitor. generic PnP Monitor

A:Can my PC handle any Graphics card?

We will need more info then that. If your computer is a Dell, HP or something like that please give us the Model number. if you don't know please try to open your computer and take a picture of the inside of the case. Also make sure get a close up on the PSU ( box inside of your computer with a lot the cables coming out of it) it should be in the top back or bottom back of the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-pc-handle-any-graphics-card.213125/
Relevancy 17.63%

My hard drive died and I took it to a computer shop where he put in a new one and windows XP, as no one had a vista disc. Since I got it back the blue Fn key doesn't work. Numbers lock works, but all the F keys, volume controls, brightness controls and my crt/lcd don't work at all. Dell doesn't seem to have a driver that I can find. Does anyone have one that would fix this? Is there another way to use the F keys, especially the crt/lcd without having to use the Fn key?

A:Fn key not working on Inspiron 1501 with XP

Be sure you are the registered owner, then call Dell Tech support, and ask them to send you the install disk set... It is usually free for the original owner, if not supplied at time of purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-key-not-working-on-inspiron-1501-with-xp.156952/
Relevancy 35.69%

So I'm in the market for a new wireless card for my desktop. The last one I bought was a piece of crap from the start. You don't generally see network card reviews. Was wondering what some good quality options would be.

A:Network card recommendations?

The best option would probably be a dual-band one that has 802.11ac support; if you've got an AP that supports the standard, it'd be worthwhile investing in that kind of card. They can be kinda expensive though (usually around $100 from what I've seen).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-recommendations.208722/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I have a HDMI cable for my monitor, with a nvidia graphic card...

but now I have a big doubt, I dont know if my motherboard's graphic card's imput is not working anymore or if its my graphic's card after a FLASHY BLACKOUT today...

my nvidia control panel is not working anymore... whenever I try using VGA or HDMI with my graphic card it doesnt show any sign in the screen... so im currently using my normal VGA motherboard's imput...

I tried using an old graphic card and its not working, I tested the VGA cable and HDMI cable and they are working perfectly...

yet, after I set the graphic card in the slot, the fan it start working, if I unplug the graphic card but leave the curent cable, it doesnt start the fan so I guess the motherboard's imput is working

so idk what's the problem here, I have all the drivers and everythign was working perfectly before the blackout

A:Broken motherboard slot or graphic card

Well... its too late and soon for expect an answer but...

I tested my graphic card in an old motherboard and it was working... it didnt load windows cuz of the diferent motherboard but connecting my VGA in my gpu worked, and the HMDI didnt work I guess because it need to be configured after windows loading etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-motherboard-slot-or-graphic-card.212639/
Relevancy 18.06%

Just as the title says "What's the best Graphics card for a 460W PSU?" My goal would be to upgrade my GPU without upgrading PSU. My budget is $200. Thanks in advance.
My specs:
Pc Model : Dell XPS 8300-4005NBK
CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 Quad-Core Processor 3.0 GHz
GPU: 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics
RAM: 6GB
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA Hard Drive
PSU: Dell XPS 8300 Mini-Tower 460 Watt Power Supply PSU (7P3WV H460AD-00)

A:What's the best Graphics card for a 460W PSU?

I would say anything with a single 6-pin power connector, such as a GTX 960 or R9 270.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-graphics-card-for-a-460w-psu.212634/
Relevancy 18.06%

Different spec card.

I sent one of my 280x in for RMA which matched my other 280X. This is what I received in return

GPUZ
Compare at default clocks, shaders, bandwidth, ROPs/TMU's, Texture Fillrate, DirectCompute 5.0.

This is the card I received back from RMA.
This is my other 280X card which the one I sent in match.
In order to run this card at advertised MSI 280x clocks. I have to overclock the card..

Here's the specifications for this card. http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#hero-specification

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-rma-one-card-received-a-underclocked-and.212616/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi
I have an asus x555ld-x0549h, it has a built in camera that does not work. I have been searching for a driver all day and didnt find a thing...
then I tought that the camera was being blocked and I enabled it and... still noting...
can anyone help me please?
I'm using windows 8 and the camera app says that I need to plug in a camera... so.... wtf?! :S

A:Asus x555ld built in camera not working

How old is this laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x555ld-built-in-camera-not-working.212530/
Relevancy 18.06%

Wow so I just received my new in the mail today and guess what it doesn t work Well here s what I did so far I uninstalled all nvidia graphics drivers which I used for my gso Rebooted to complete installation Disabled onboard video drivers Shut off computer Installed into motherboard Booted up Now I don t get any video from the card outputs itself so I used my onboard video output to log into windows I tried installing the CCC but the installation failed or something like that I check the device manager and there detected card not Graphics isn t any sign of the showing up Now I m a little scared and not sure what to do The appears to be powered cause my computer is x louder with that damn fan Its just that it won t be recognized by device manager and the drivers won t work Thanks guys Edit When I installed the I had to move the hard drive and cd sata cables from the first and second port to the third and forth ports Whenever I boot my POST says your system last boot fail or POST interrupted Please enter setup to load default and reboot again I press f to bypass this Also when I go into system for some reason it only detects GB of RAM I have bit windows lt -- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed Reinstalled Windows same damn problem Also I m starting to think that the graphics card is defective as even the bios cannot recognize the card on boot And I believe that is the reason for the Graphics card not detected POST failing nbsp

A:Graphics card not detected

Also, when I go into system, for some reason it only detects 3.87 GB of RAM... I have 64 bit windows 7 <-- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed.Click to expand...

That's probably because your onboard video is allocating some of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-detected.167268/
Relevancy 18.06%

Here's the situation. I have this old mITX computer I built a few years ago that I'd like to hook up to Dad's big-screen TV so he can Skype from his living-room. Problem is, the computer is VGA only and his TV is HDMI only. The MoBo has just one PCI (not PCIe) slot with a maximum output of 75watts.

I tried a PCI video card with HDMI output, but the slot couldn't drive the card. Didn't even detect it.

I believe DVI uses less power (the cards are definitely cheaper), and I could just use a simple DVI-to-HDMI cable. A native HDMI port would be better. As long as it works, I don't care. But w/o an external power input, the card can't draw more than 75watts from the PCI slot.

Anyone know of a card that fits this very specific bill? Thx.

ADDENDUM: PC only has a tiny 300watt PSU.

A:I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Check this one out: Zotac GeForce GT 610
It is a PCI Card (non express) that has DVI / VGA / HDMI. It is also a Low Profile and requires a 300w power supply or higher. It looks like it should work with your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pci-not-pcie-dvi-card-either-75w-or-w-power-input.212458/
Relevancy 21.07%

My usb keyboard and mouse stop working for abt 30 sec or so when I put my phone in charging mode with one of my usb ports...will it be safer to get a usb sound card or an internal pci sound card?.I prefer the usb sound card for its portability;especially if I shift to notebook platform. but I am worried about not getting enough juice through the usb port to power the sound amplifier since I have connected quite a number of devices on existing usb ports.. choices are either,'asus xonar DG' internal pci sound card or 'creative sound blaster play 2 usb sound card'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-sound-card-or-internal-pci-sound-card.212527/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 15.05%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping www.yahoo.com with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-but-cant-browse-internet.212468/
Relevancy 14.62%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 18.06%

I want to get build a new computer but I was thinking maybe I should wait a while until NVIDIA comes out with a new GPU. I want to get the GTX 980 but I would be really pissed if 2 months after I buy it they come out with something better at a similar price. I have not been keeping up with NVIDIA release dates on their cards so I don't know when their next card will arrive. Any tips?

A:Buy GTX 980 or wait for NVIDIA's next card?

I think the GTX 980 Ti model is expected to come out soon. I heard something about a possible release to compete with AMD's new R300 series coming soon. But that is just hearsay, I have nothing concrete to present as evidence.

Leaked Specs Indicate Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Is 50 Per Cent Faster Than Titan Black

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-gtx-980-or-wait-for-nvidias-next-card.212398/
Relevancy 17.63%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 14.19%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 18.06%

My current spec is:

Intel Core duo 2 quad @ 2.4 GHz
305w psu
AMD 7770 gfx card
4 GB ddr2 ram
64 bit win 7 home prem.

I mostly play WoW and other mmo's... I rarely (and wouldnt be too bothered if I couldn't play them till next upgrade) play games with super high requirements like battlefield, gta etc and have the option to upgrade my graphics card to a 750 ti tomorrow (can get a new psu if needed).

or should I wait till next week and get a I5 + new motherboard and ram + keep my gfx card... link to exact model - http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b72/his-hd-7770-iceq-x.html

How would gaming be on a machine with the specs of:

Intel core duo 2 quad 2.4 GHZ
GTX 750 TI
4GB ddr2 ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-upgrading-my-gfx-card-in-this-situation.212087/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys I can t seem to get into my old account so created a new one So here is my issue that I hope someone has a solution Long ish story FYI I didn t realize until after I wrote everything but when I refer to crash I mean the entire system crashed Been playing games on my computer pretty regularly with no problems crashes on Aliens Isolations but that was it and irregular Enter the realease of GTA I buy it I upgrade my drivers to the new Nvidia im using a GTX I play it it crashes after Card Video be crashing Might a bit I get bored and play csgo it crashes after a little bit I have hours with no crash I rollback my drivers reinstall update Works for a while everything seems fine Come back today and play a different game that has given no problem It crashes I look at video card stuff another crash Video Card Might be crashing I completely remove all the drivers and reinstall them after restart do stress test another crash I have cleaned the inside of the computer but that has not fixed anything I have run whocrashed to read the system log but it only reads a crash log from yesterday although it is referencing a nvidia created crash So now I m here and I have absolutely no idea what to do if I can get any help I would be appreciative another random note tried to test it with gta again and the launcher said it was missing gta exe I looked and its gone for whatever reason have to reinstall I guess Not a huge deal just thought it may be worth noting Thank you guys for your time oh and system specs gb RAM MSI GTX Duel monitors i cpu asus z- mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-might-be-crashing.212021/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I would like to upgrade my video card and I'm not sure which card to choose. I have an HP Pavilion Elite m9452p. I'm not exactly sure what specs you need, so please let me know if you need more info.

processor model: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
memory: 8 GB
processor speed: 2.33 GHz
memory speed : PC2-6400
memory type: DDR2 SDRAM
video card: GeForce GTS 250
power suppy: Cooler Master 550w

Any info you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade.212008/
Relevancy 18.49%

What do you think ?
I'm thinking that the video card is pooched, the problem is intermittent.
Card is Asus r9 280x , power supply is a corsair HX 750
I hopping that I'm on the right track by saying the card is bad.

A:Is my Vid card bad

Does it happen with multiple games/applications or just the one game?
Have you done any overclocking to the card (past or present) to include making minor adjustments in AMD Catalyst software?
Have you overclocked anything else in your computer (CPU or RAM)?
Are you using the latest video drivers straight from the AMD website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-vid-card-bad.211358/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello So a description of the issue I ve had this about times now spread out over a couple of months The internet will just completely randomly without apparent trigger stop working completely When I check the router will still have an IP and the quot Internet quot light will still be flashing green indicating active internet connection on the front panel So far this has happened at completely random times - While playing a game LoL the internet just cut out and didn t come back for hours - I came back from a shower and the internet wasn t working anymore similar to other times - I was working on a school document not using any internet at the time Skype was running maybe Steam and it just cut out Et cetera The reason I don t think it s a disruption from the side of my ISP is that sometimes clicking quot Renew Lease quot in the router page seemed to fix it though sometimes it wouldn t work until I d refreshed it multiple times Also the internet light doesn t internet but connected, periodically cuts Router stays out go out on the router and Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically usually there isn t even any problem indicated in windows except from the internet just not working I e no yellow exclamation mark in the little internet icon Further information The router is a by this time quite old Netgear Wireless GR v and I have upgraded the firmware to the latest version Also my phone AND tablet will remain connected to the wireless network but without any usable internet connection I have double checked all the cables and connections everything seems to be in working order I live in an apartment building and we all share a big internet connection I have a cable coming in from a central modem so I don t have a specific connection that I can contact an ISP about which also means I have no modem to configure or help me Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially regarding whether or not it could be my router at fault and if a new one could fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Router stays connected, but internet cuts out periodically

This isn't my area of expertise by a long shot but I have had these issues as well with my cable set-up. Sometimes I needed simply to restart my router. I have found at other times I would have to reset the box the cable company installed in our cellar by powering it off for 10 seconds and then on again. Once in awhile I will have to do this to my modem.

Our biggest issue was the splitter. It went bad and since it was outside the house and Comcast's equipment they replaced it for free which restored everything to working order.

I would say though that it is probably time to replace the router. I had a good Linksys G for years but then it would constantly drop connections. I replaced it with my current Netgear and it has served my entire household well.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-stays-connected-but-internet-cuts-out-periodically.204922/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have just recently purchased my first graphics card in attempt to upgrade my computer into a gaming computer and I have been running into a few problems here and there. My graphics card which is an AMD Radeon HD 6350 512MB With Low Profile Bracket And DMS-59 Port (http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I/51XfYIEq1OL._SY355_.jpg) . My computer is just not detecting it whatsoever.
please help D;

A:Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

Please provide specifications for computer? Provide information on Make and Model of computer, or please provide list of parts (including the make and model of each main part) Can not give any help without knowing what we are working with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1161-07-graphic-card-not-detected.211122/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello there, so here is the really weird problem I am having

When I connect pc to pc monitor, it gives black screen (the ms-dos screen were you have the "_" blinking on the left top)

When I connect pc to my TV, it works all good.

Here is the strange part:

When I connect my pc to my TV and it works, if I unplug the cord and connect it back to pc monitor, without shutting down the pc, IT WORKS! ...

graphic card : geforce750, hdmi cable

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

A:Really strange graphic card pc monitor and TV problem

Try updating your video card drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/83080

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-strange-graphic-card-pc-monitor-and-tv-problem.211182/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have same problem Recently ISP have changed my ADSL working stops Wi-Fi router to vDSL modem WiFirouter I m using assembled service of internet IPTV and VoIP My LAN works perfectly but WiFi Wi-Fi stops working is giving me some hard time everything works nice and I m using internet on my laptop Lenovo t Win phone LG G andorid tablet iPad but day after all devices are showing that they are connected to WIFI but there is no or low internet response for example skype works but cant open some pages other are opening but some images don t load fb etc I can t log in into router to reboot it And this issue when internet isn t working normally but showing as connected persists on all devices I ve mentioned above But at the same time when internet isn t working when I try it on my desktop PC Win everything works normally Then I need to go to router turn it off then on and everything works perfectly sometimes for a day sometimes for a couple of days I ve tried everything changing IP lease time changing freq form to changing channels switching from b g n to N almost everything I could think of My WiFi is secured with WPA PWA -PSK-TKIP AES password and name is a simple one with char name My modem router information s are Device Type ZXHN H N Device Serial No ZTEEG E Batch No T HW Version V SW Version V L BOSNIA BOOT Version V do anyone have an idea what it can be the reason why this is happening nbsp

A:Wi-Fi stops working

NetWalker85. Since your desktop works when your wireless devices don't, it's not your Internet signal from your ISP. Your devices are showing the router's SSID which is being broadcast, but not the wireless internet signal from the router. I would reset the modem/router to it's default settings and change the necessary items (SSID and passwords,security settings, max number of IP addresses for the router to assign to devices,etc). if that was never done. If the problem is still there, I would request a new combo unit, or possibly see if there is a firmware update for that combo unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stops-working.210644/
Relevancy 18.49%

The computer I have runs games like csgo and gary's mod terribly and after some poking around a few people told me that it was because I have a bad graphics card, I simply want to know what kind of graphics cards my computer can use. I dont want to buy a whole new comp, just replace its graphics card. Its a dell Inspiron 560 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 3.00GHz. 4.00 GB of Installed RAM, 64-bit operating system. If you need to know more about my computer please ask

A:Need new graphics card

Is this your PC? http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/Common/inspiron-560_user's guide_en-us.pdf

That manual says your PC has a PCI 16 slot so I would suggest a Nvidia 750 as it has good performance and low power needs so you probably do not need a new power supply to use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-graphics-card.210652/
Relevancy 17.63%

Recently my Gbps has taken a serious nosedive I was around Gbps then it dropped dl Adapter 0.84Gbps Network The other computers on the network are getting Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl great speeds it s just my computer My computer is running fine It s just the connection speeds This isn t just happening on WI-fi it s also happening when I plug in the Ethernet cord My network adapters are Broadcom n Network Adapter Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR PC-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS They are all up to date And I use Avast internet security Also I ve cleaned the cache in both firefox and chrome browsers I ve also removed all but add block add-ons I m using AARIS modum router through time warner cable And again the Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl other computers are getting great speeds always up of Gbps I even checked my Mom brand new computer which is getting upwards of Gbps I ve called TWC they sent someone the wires were a bit loose and it fixed everyone s laptop but mine Please help I m clueless here Here is the Broadcom n Network Adapter settings - auto mhz - Disabled n Preamble - Auto Antenna Diversity - Auto AP Compatibility Mode - Higher performance Bandwidth capability - b g MHz Bluetooth Collaboration - Auto BSS PLCP Header - Auto Short Long BT-AMP - Enabled Disable Uon Wired Connect - Disabled Fragmentation Threshold - IBSS g tm Protection Mode - Auto IBSS Mode - b Only Locally Administered MAC Adress - not present Minimum Power Consumption - Enabled Mixed Cell Support - Disabled Power Output - Priority amp VLAN - Prioroity amp Vlan Disabled Rate - Best Rate Roam Tendency - Auto Roaming Decision - Auto RTS Threshold - Shorti GI - Auto WMM - Enabled WZC IBSS Chaneel Number - MHz XPress TM Technology - Disabled nbsp

A:Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl

Also I recently installed windows 8. I've tried all sorts of things to get it to work. Still no luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-0-84gbps-dl.210602/
Relevancy 14.19%

Dear Experts

My Windows 7 laptop connected to internet via my mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 by tethering portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

I am a technician field and I need to connect my laptop via USB port to an Ericsson MiniLink (telecom NE) node to do configuration.

https://mazrilhisham.wordpress.com/2004/01/01/traffic-node/#jp-carousel-241

Whenever I connect the USB cable from the laptop to Ericsson my internet gets dropped, while this didn?t happen to my coworker who is using the same laptop brand as mine.
By the way the Ericsson software that I installed on my laptop create the attached socket called : "Ericsson USBLAN adapter" on my computer's network and that would be used for the USB communication

http://imgur.com/IRNyoIv

Any advice what should I do to avoid this problem
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop%E2%80%99s-internet-via-tethering-gets-dropped-when-connects-to-ericsson-minilink.210600/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 17.63%

Gateway NE56R41u laptop freezes after 5-10 minutes of running, ran many many tests and scans to try to find malware but nothing was found, it works fine in safe mode but not in safe mode with networking, please help

A:Gateway Laptop isn't working

When something works in Safe Mode but not while in Normal it points to a driver issue. Have you tried updating your WiFi/Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers for your system from Gateway's website?

Do you use a cooling pad? Laptops can get hot quickly and high temps will freeze/shut-down a system fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-isnt-working.209213/
Relevancy 16.77%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi when I applied some new Thermal paste to my rig I noticed that my case fan stop spinning after the POST test on bootup.
my build is.
G33MO3 Motherboard
E8500 CPU
EVGA gtx 650 GPU
250 Seagate HDD
Simple samsung Optical drive
430w corsair PSU
2x1Gb DDR2 RAM
I am running the latest version of BIOS for my motherboard (dell revision 1.0.15).
This is unfortunate as I was just about to overclock my system and now the only fan on my case has gone.
I know the fan works because during POST it spins up.
I've tried clearing the BIOS to default with CMOS but that did nothing but slow my computer down.
Thank you.

A:Fan not working and PC instantly slowed down?

Hmm, don't try clearing the BIOS, try looking through it, the fan might be disabled for some reason in there. Also, do you have any other places you could plug that fan into ( on the motherboard, or you could just use two wires to connect it to the PSU directly ? Also, make sure any fan-control or overclock software doesn't interfere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-not-working-and-pc-instantly-slowed-down.207984/
Relevancy 17.63%

It was like any other day while I was working on the computer while my PC suddenly shut down I tried turning it back PC working not GPU using on but nothing So I opened up the case and noticed that when I press the power button not even PC not working using GPU the motherboard fan starts spinning I stripped down everything from the system and tried running it It worked flawlessly So after putting everything back on one by one the culprit turned out to be the Graphics card The computer would turn on with the card inserted into the PCI slot Whenever I would place it in there not even connected with the VGA cable just plugged in the slot the motherboard would refuse to start up So I decided to check the GPU for cylinder holes but everything seemed to be intact no burnt smell or anything The PC works just fine with the integrated graphics Can it really just die like that without a proper reason It wasn t over-heating I had that one checked So what should I do right now I don t have a spare GPU to check if it s the PCI slot that s the problem or the GPU which was fine like minutes ago nbsp

A:PC not working using GPU

Hmm, what graphics card are you using ? It might be that your power supply lost it's wattage over time, and that it's now not strong enough to power it. How much W does your PSU give ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-not-working-using-gpu.209267/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am looking to get a new graphics card for my computer because atm it has integrated graphics, which as most of you know sucks. The power supply is 250W which I doubt would be enough to have a whole new graphics card implemented. The model is p6166f. The mother board has this for a graphics card slot PCI express 16x GPU. Please give me suggestions, I am looking to spend approximately 150 - 200 $ total.

A:Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

We need to know who made your system. How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.209241/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 14.62%

I dont know how long its been going on but within a internet provider switch from AT&T to TWC its still been doing this. Every time I reset the router name or password it lets me reconnect to the internet, but when I shut it down and boot it up later or after a couple hours it refuses to connect until I switch the router name or security password.

Its a toshiba running windows 7
The adapter is realtek or something like that which im pretty sure is the cause but nothing seems to fix this issue.
Thanks for any info on this.

A:Laptop Stops connecting to internet randomly

What is the Model number of the Toshiba laptop?
Does your laptop come with an Ethernet port (most do have one)? If so, try connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet Cable and see if the problem continues.
I highly doubt that its a problem with the Router (but it could be). I believe that you may have a problem with the wireless drivers installed. I would suggest:
1. Download the wireless drivers from the Toshiba website
2. Properly Uninstall the wireless drivers
3. Install wireless drivers from the download (step 1).
4. Wait and see if problem still persists. If so, let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stops-connecting-to-internet-randomly.209164/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a HP HPE- f i quad core with a TB WD primary and a TB WD secondary that I ve had for about - years and have cloned the primary several times with no problems About - weeks ago I cloned the primary once again with another TB WD only to find that after the cloning the DVD drive stopped writing It actually begins the process but after writing the lead-in it simply sits there and spins heating the disk and of course making it unusable Once this occurs working DVD burner stoped after cloning it usually cannot be stopped by any means and the machine has to be hard rebooted to proceed Since the first cloning operation I have re-cloned the original using three different cloning programs all with the same result as well as cloning to a new TB WD drive with the same results I ve also replaced the DVD drive with two different known good drives one being brand new went through all of the HP troubleshooting procedures uninstalled DVD burner stoped working after cloning the drivers and re-installed them deleted the high and low files from the registry etc with no success The strange thing is that if I use the original hard drive along with the cloned drive I can boot off the original and burn to the same DVD drive with no problem I can also write CD s with both the original and the clone both audio disks and data disks I ve also ran the DVD drive off from one of the other SATA ports on the mother board along with replacing the cable I even took the computer into a computer shop and they worked on it for over days and could not identify the problem To make a long story short this problem is just about ready to get the best of me I ve ordered an external DVD drive believing this will work but I would really like to determine why it is doing what it is doing The cloning should not have caused it but seems to be the only thing that is common to the problem I would really appreciate any incite that you may have nbsp

A:DVD burner stoped working after cloning

The only suggestion I can think of is some type of burning software is broken with the Cloned OS. If you have any software installed that handles the burning (include Roxio, Creative and all others) Remove them and the Registry files related.

I suggest using Revo Uninstaller as it will automatically search out and tell you whats left over, and let you delete them or save them. I suggest deleting all files/folders and registry items left to ensure they are not somehow causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-stoped-working-after-cloning.208883/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,
For my next upgrade [Some time around march,Just getting the shopping etc done now] I was thinking of increasing the boot times save times etc. My first thought was. Just get a ssd and plonk it into my system. By then I realised a raid card and Multiple HDD's would be a better option with more storage and more speed [in theory] so I've found a raid card.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCI-Inter...d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=360559937654&rt=nc
My only query is that I wont be able to setup RAID 10 with 320Gb and 300mb/s or RAID 0 with 720Gb and 600mb/s and have my OS put onto this setup. [My motherboard (g33mo3 foxconn board) does NOT support RAID to my knowledge(Feel free to correct me if you know different)] so would this card be able to boot from the HDD's attatched in RAID10 / RAID 0
Thanks.
P.S should I go with a faster and more storage or more reliable and less power etc...

Thank you again
~Joseph

A:Raid card

If you're going to go RAID don't do it with the cheapest RAID controller money can buy. I can almost guarantee you won't have a great experience if you do. I've never seen a good $10 RAID controller before (unless times have really changed) and the controller you linked only has 2 SATA ports so you won't be setting up RAID10. RAID10 requires at minimum 4 drives.

nevermind - upon closer inspection it does have 4 SATA ports - but I still think if you're going to go with a RAID controller you should get a higher quality one than this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-card.208527/
Relevancy 17.63%

I don t know if this is the right place to put this so I appologize So my current computer specs are - Intel core i - k - Gigabyte Geforce GTX TI BOOST - Corsair Vengeance GB of RAM - Asus card for Upgrading games evolve future graphics the and P Z -V LX mother board - Corsair Gold AX PLUS Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games Power Supply So for the past days I ve been looking around at different graphic cards and I narrowed it down to these three EVGA GeForce GTX SC ACX GB G-P - -KR - - Must wait month Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti GB Windforce - Can get it right now EVGA GeForce GTX Ti GB G-P - -KR - Can get it right now Now obvious reasons the is most likely the best of the three but also the most expensive one I would like to know if it s worth waiting month and get the if not bottle necked by other components or get one of the s instead Current games I play are Dying light and the reason I need a new card is for future games such as Evolve Batman Arkham knight etc I want to be able to stay frames Other suggestion are very much appreciated Also if you could explain why I should get that card would be awesome nbsp

A:Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games

If you don't get the 980, you will only be kicking yourself later. That is if you are seriously considering it.

http://www.techspot.com/review/885-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-gtx-980/page5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphics-card-for-evolve-and-the-future-games.208598/
Relevancy 14.19%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi guys, so my internet has been dropping a lot more recently (I have had this issue for about 4 months now). The odd thing that I cant figure out, is that it only happens on my desktop. Every other computer and phone can connect and doesnt drop wifi like the desktop does. Also, this happens when im wired through an ethernet cord. I have reinstalled network drivers, bought a wireless usb card, tried troubleshooting everything I can that I know how to do. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

A:Internet Drops Randomly

Specs for computer (make and model of computer that is having problems -or- make and model of the hardware)? Also, what wireless router (or modem) are you trying to connect to? What is your Operating System?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-randomly.208315/
Relevancy 17.63%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 18.06%

I currently have a GT610 and I would like to upgrade my graphics card. Could someone recommend a decent graphics card for me? I play games such as: Tomb Raider, Arma, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Skyrim. I've been looking at a GTX 750, but if someone has a better idea for a graphics card based upon my computer and games with a price rage of about $200 or maybe a bit more or less, that would be great.
Link to my computer:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8939446&CatId=114

A:Suggest a graphics card

GTX 960 or an R9 280X (might be $20 over). Those are your best performing cards for that amount. I'd go with the 960 for energy and temperature benefits though the temps won't be too much better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-graphics-card.208348/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey, I'm a new member here with a problem!

I have a pair of Skullcandy Crushers with an arguably great built-in mic that turn on with a press of a button. However I built a new computer a few days ago and installed the latest version of the ASUS Realtek HD Audio manager, and while the audio on the headphones work, the mic refuses to work and isn't even recognized on programs like Skype and Hangouts.

I have tried the front two ports and tinkered with the settings and nothing has worked as of now, please help ASAP!

-Extabyte

A:Skullcandy Crusher mic not working with ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager

Yeah thats because Skullcandys aren't really built for computers, just iPhone & Android. I had the same issue with my Skullcandy headphones and decided to buy a legit for PC headset. Sorry you spent your money on them!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skullcandy-crusher-mic-not-working-with-asus-realtek-hd-audio-manager.204154/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I bought myself a new case the other day but when I was done putting in my graphics card, I booted my PC but I didnt get an signal and I have'nt done nothing wrong.

I have nVidia geforce gtx 550 Ti

A:Graphics card broken

Did you connect the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU to the GPU card? Have you tried to remove the GPU and re-seat it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken.208307/
Relevancy 15.05%

My laptop (Asus G73J) is connected to my router, however, has limited access. All other wireless devices in the house are able to connected to the router with internet, including another laptop. I have also already contacted my internet provider and my router provider to no avail. I looked at many other threads to see if anyone else has had my problem and as of now everyone who has, was able to fix it in ways that have not worked for me.

I have already put "ipconfig" in my command prompt and found out that I do not have a Default Gateway, in other words this shows up "Default Gatway .....:". Additionally it says that the Tunnel adapters have "Media Disconnected". I have been working on this for about 3 weeks, Please Help.

A:I am connected to the router with no internet

I've had similar intractable problems from time to time where even after reading up and posting for assistance you still remain stuck. Although I don't know the answer things that I'd try are checking to see if there is a firewall and turning it off briefly for purposes of elimination. I'd check to see if there is an updated driver for the wireless card. Have you been into Control Panel, Network and Sharing Centre and tried to set up a new network? Any problems flagged up in Computer, System Properties, Device Manager?

You haven't mentioned whether this is a problem that has arisen after a period of normal operation or whether it has been present from day one. If it worked OK previously as a last resort there's the return to factory condition option but it's a pain and you'd lose everything on the laptop so I'd hold fire on that. Can it connect to the router successfully with an ethernet cable?

Anyway that's a few things to think about if you've not tried them all already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-connected-to-the-router-with-no-internet.208139/
Relevancy 18.06%

I purchased a new i3 pc with asrock h81m-s1 plus motherboard.
But it is not detecting my nvdia geforce 9500 gt graphic card... It shows no display.. And in devixe manager also card is not listed

Please help

A:Not detecting graphics card

Make sure the system BIOS is not set to boot strictly with integrated graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-graphics-card.207840/
Relevancy 14.62%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 16.77%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 14.62%

Toshiba laptop. Internet at the bottom right says there is a connection available, but says the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network. It has to be plugged in to the modem to access Internet. Speakers do not work. Ports do not work either. I had it in for repair and he thought it might be the motherboard, but he couldn't fix the other one and I got help with Broni on here and it works fine now. I am hoping someone on here can help me fix this one. It has no viruses; it's clean. Thanks!

A:Laptop cannot access the Internet unless it is hooked to the modem

Ok, the modem=>pc config working says networking is at least sane.

To get the modem=>router=>pc to work, the pc should not have ANY configuration data stored in the network adapter settings. Can you find and clear the network adapter for yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-cannot-access-the-internet-unless-it-is-hooked-to-the-modem.207405/
Relevancy 18.06%

My computer has an MSI Iona motherboard with an Intel Core 7 860 processor and 8 Mb RAM. It also has a NVidia GT230 video card which I would like to replace. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Upgrading my video card

It appears that you have a PCI Expres x16 (2.0) slot, so any PCI-E graphics card will work. Check out this "best GPU for the money" article at Toms for suggestions at different price points. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card.207814/
Relevancy 17.63%

Sometimes when I'm skyping, I want to play audio so I enable my stereo mix. I got a new computer though so I had to re install the realtek high definition audio recording. I've tried using it, but it doesn't work. It says it's enabled and it's my default device, and no green bars pop up to indicate it's working either. Any help would be cool, thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stereo-mix-enabled-but-not-working.207783/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys my device is hp compaq 6200 pro microtower pc
serial no. : SGH125P585
n product no. : XL504AV

I have inbuilt intel hd graphics n no installed a external one n plannin to upgrade gpu
I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!

I wanna use a mid -range
msi nvidia gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

or
leadtek gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/product/1/697/intro.aspx
will
both d graphics card support my device?????

A:Graphics card issues

rockyrulz said:

I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!Click to expand...

I'd say yes you have a full height card. The half-height is only about 2 inches. If you upgrade your PSU to 550 like you said you would, I see no reasons why you couldn't run a 750. The 750's are not long cards and should fit in your case with ease.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.207671/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I want to buy a Geforce Gtx 980 4GB gddr5 for my pc but I dont know if my motherboard can support it, how can I tell? my mother board is B85-G41 PC mate>, My procesor is i7 4770 3.40GHz. RAM is 16GB 1600MHz and PSU is 500W.

A:Video Card Support

From the information you provided, yes the GeForce GTX 980 will work very well with your MSI B85-G41 motherboard. You may want to keep an eye on your PSU though. 500W is the minimum system power requirement (according to the Nvidia website) to run the GeFore GTX 980. If you Overclock the GPU, it may run into some issues with the draw power coming from the PSU, and could cause it to go into an overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-support.207732/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this thread is probably going to have a lot of information on it Timeouts Other Network Issues & but please don Timeouts & Other Network Issues t be discouraged I really really need help with some issues I ve been having and if someone could solve this for me that would be amazing So I ve been experiencing timeouts It seems I get timeouts whenever using Timeouts & Other Network Issues some sort of wired connection If I used an ethernet cable connected to my router I would get timeouts in several applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak If I used Wireless I was fine So after lots of troubleshooting I couldn t find a fix so I ve been using Wireless ever since Lately however my wireless has been unusually slow not for everyone in the house just for me So what I did to solve the issue is I setup a D-Link DIR in my room to act as a Wireless Access Point I now get slightly faster speeds and bar connection rather than the bars I was getting previously Now I thought I wouldn t get these stupid timeout errors when connecting to this Wireless Timeouts & Other Network Issues Access Point turns out I still do On Teamspeak for example I will be talking to people and everything will be completely normal I won t lag or anything and then BOOM I get disconnected As I said no lag no warning I just get disconnected It s almost as though my router is randomly cutting me off So what I thought I d do was replace my primary router BoB Lite with the D-Link DIR and then use Wired connection because I assumed that the BoB Lite was causing the timeout issues Now I can t even connect to anything wired I must have changed a setting when troubleshooting or something But now I can t source internet from my laptop ICS and I can t connect to my original or new router wired The only way I can currently get internet is by using the DIR in my room but I still get timeouts when using applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak So yeah multiple issues Firstly if I could just solve the timeouts then that would solve everything I could continue connecting to the modem in my room and everything would be fine OR is there a way I could someone reset all my network settings that I may have messed up when troubleshooting As I can no longer connect to any modem with a wired connection not even the DIR which could have solved the problem If anyone could help me out that would be GREATLY appreciated This is a really annoying issue and I ve tried to troubleshoot it myself for ages now but with no luck IF anything in this thread doesn t make sense to you please tell me and I ll gladly explain myself Additional Summarised Information My primary router is a BoB Lite my ISP is iiNet The modem in my room is a D-Link DIR I m using a NetComm N USB Adapter to connect to Wi-Fi I m using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks very much Innug nbsp

A:Timeouts & Other Network Issues

Get a command prompt
enter PING 8.8.8.8

does that timeout or return timing values?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/timeouts-other-network-issues.207544/
Relevancy 17.63%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/