Windows Support Forum

Network card working but no internet

Q: Network card working but no internet

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm hoping I can find some answers here. My PCI-e Wifi adapter is working, and I'm able to connect to a wireless access point fine. But when I open my browser and go to google, it will not load. And evetually it says "No network connection."
However, if I plug a different adapter in, everything works perfectly fine.
One weird thing about the first adapter is that sometimes if I refresh the router, it will connect for like five seconds. Then stop working again. The device is fine, and system tray icon for wireless has no warning or disable indication.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network card working but no internet

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network card working but no internet

Power cycle the modem
unplug the router from ac and modem and wait for the router lights to flash and are ready
Power on the router and connect it to the modem
Go into the router and make sure under WAN (internet) it gets the DNS from the ISP there should be two of them listed. If you see 0.0.0. or 192.168.x.x then the Router is not communicating correctly with the modem.

If you see this the router would need a factory reset and re-run the setup again.
If all looks good but it's the PC that not connecting

Open up a dos session prompt run as Admin

Under dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns

or

ipconfig /flushdns
nbtstat -R
netsh int reset all
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
sc stop Dhcp
sc start Dhcp
sc stop Dnscache
sc start Dnscache

reboot your PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-working-but-no-internet.196381/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I recently bought a relatively expensive sound card on Amazon and after the second boot of my PC with the card installed and working my on board LAN card decided to not work throwing error: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
The card IS enabled in the BIOS and I HAVE disabled the on-board sound card.

LAN Adapter Details:
-Make and Model: Realtek RTL8137/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
-Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
-Driver Version: 6.112.123.2014
-Driver Date: 23/01/2014

A:Realtek network card not working with external sound card installed

This sounds like an IRQ problem, which is strange because modern PCs can usually resolve these conflicts automatically. But seeing that your system is a Pentium 4, maybe the motherboard is old enough to still be dealing with the issue.

One thing you could try is to perform a Clear CMOS procedure. This will force the motherboard to re-enumerate all the devices and will often solve IRQ conflicts. Note all your current BIOS settings
Shut down the computer > remove the power cord.
Remove the 3v motherboard battery.
Move the CLRTC jumper from pins 1-2 to 2-3.
Touch a metal part of the case and Press and Hold the reset button for approx. 30 seconds to discharge all power from the board.
Put the CLRTC jumper back on pins 1-2.
Replace the 3v battery > replace the power cord > boot.
Immediately go back into BIOS and reset all your preferred settings. If the CLRTC worked you will need to reset the date and time in BIOS.
If that does not work then you could try to get the 2 cards to play nice together by installing them in different locations, if you have the extra slots.

Keep in mind that when removing any card it is important to remove it from Device Manager first. Remove it from Device Manager > shut down > then physically remove the card > then restart into Windows > then you can shut down perform the next procedure.

Sometimes you can simply install the newer card in another PCI/PCIe slot and that will resolve the conflict. (You must remove the device from Device Manager in order to change the slot)

Other times you might need to remove both cards, then install the newer card first and the older card second.

Let's see if any of that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369068-realtek-network-card-not-working-external-sound-card-installed.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled Vista to it. I installed all the necessary drivers etc. and rebooted. But it still says "You are not connected to any networks" when the light on my router says that i am connected to the home network. It keeps saying to insert a network cable.
In the devices manager, the network card driver seems to be functioning normally.

Is there a fix for this?

The network card is a Realtek RTL 8111C on-board chip.

Also, ive read somewhere else that USB & 1394 drivers having conflicting effects with lan drivers. I installed an "Intel INF Configuration patch" which contained a crapload of USB Drivers which supposedly "configured properly" the intel motherboard chipsets, but im not so sure about that.

A:Solved: No Network Available - LAN card working but cannot connect to network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-available-lan-card-working-but-cannot-connect-to-network.753919/
Relevancy 53.32%

my network card just stopped working on my laptop. It is internal. Says the hardware is working fine but I get nothing. Even trying to just run a wired connection to the laptop doesnt work.

A:network card not working

Some real information would be useful here.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

Let's see this as well.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-not-working.715569/
Relevancy 53.32%

Okay Network working not card tonight I was doing my usual routine of playing Warcraft III and checking up on Network card not working my fantasy hockey team and all and my internet just decided to stop working on me My cable modem occasionally does kick out so I thought it was Network card not working no big deal Usually unplugging it Network card not working for a couple minutes and plugging it back in does the trick and I m good to go So I did that but my internet still wasn t working I tried connecting on my other computer the one I m posting from right now and it worked fine The third PC we have in the house my sister s works fine as well At first I thought maybe something was wrong with either the hub or the cable going from the hub to the PC so I connected the PC to the modem straight through and it was still doing the same thing What could the problem be I posted this in the quot hardware quot forum because I m guessing it s something with my network card although I really am quite unsure so I apologize if this is in the wrong area I have no clue how to fix this When I try to connect to IE MSN Messenger or any other program that requires me to be online it immediately stops loading Like on MSN the second I press enter after putting my password in it gives me an error message It s as if I don t even have the PC hooked up to the modem Anybody able to help me Many many thanks if anyone can nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have upgraded my Sony Vaio CR510E laptop to windows 7 a long time ago. Just recently found out that my network card is not working. It can't get an IP ADdress. All I get is the private IP 169.254.255.245.

I tried installing driver for the old Vista OS and it didn't work. Tried installing from automatic windows detection and it doesn't work. I don't know what kind of network card I have. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Wifi is working fine.

A:Network Card not working

Welcome to Seven Forums. Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Device Manager and see if there is a yellow icon on Network Adapters.

If so right click the device, then update driver, Search Automatically.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274667-network-card-not-working.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I set up a asrock ams motherboard with soundblaster 5.o 256ddr 333 mhz ram
128 meg videocrucial card 80 meg Western Digital hd
Set up the network card ON BOARD at home and it worked fine
At friends house it didn't
Reset the Cable modem a million times and couldn't get it to work
Ended up putiing in a network card and disabling on board lan
Was there a way to clear the mac number from the network card
or somthing in the software I could have done?
Are thes mother boards any good
Thanks

A:Network card not working

Depending on your operating system.

To release the ip address for windows 9x, me
Click start then run then type winipcfg
click release all then renew all then reboot.

For windows 2k and xp
Click start then run...
Type cmd then hit return
In the dos window type ipconfig /release
Then type in ipconfig /renew
then reboot

This will renew the ip address....

I hope the info help out....
TC
rockinmale

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-not-working.137778/
Relevancy 52.89%

My internet explorer when just plugged in with the phone line through the cable and such stopped working.. I get the error message Internet Explorer can not display the page. And this is for all Websites I try to go to. But when I plug in my wireless card from my lap top the internet works just fine. Is this a problem with the computer or with the internet itself? I am using IE 7 with Windows Vista Businiess 32 BitAlso there are 2 drivers that have the yellow exlamation mark next to them when I look up the system properties. They are microsoft 6to4 adapter andUSB-Serial Controller Driver Software

A:internet not working on lan but working with wireless card?

I would suggest connecting with your wireless card and going to windows update and seeing if you have all the updates for your operating system. Look in the Optional updates for hardware drivers that may fix the yellow exclamation marks, as they may be the problem. If the yellow marks don't go away, google that problem "how to get rid of yellow exclamation marks in Device manager".
You may want to disconnect your wireless card, plug in your ethernet cable, and then power cycle your modem, router, and computer. Turn them all off, then power each of them up, waiting a minute between each one. Start with your modem, then your router, then your computer. Post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/272363-internet-not-working-lan-but-working-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi again,Iam really in ends, I cant wake machine from hibernate(or sleep) at all. If I open WOL manager, it says machine is in UKNOWN state,(red dot) and cant wake it up-another machine in same network have yellow dot and can be wakedup in second. Network connection is allright, Iam using RDP from another computer or file transfers.I tried everything I found around google (PME device wakeup in BIOS enabled, allowed wakeup under power management in NIC device properties, updated NIC driver, tried to disable AV and Firewall software..)Its an Win7Pro machine, ASUS M5A97 mainboard, Realtek PCI network card. When machine enters hibernate or sleep mode, all NIC's LEDs are off.Any ideas??message edited by Diwiak

A:WakeOnLan not working-PCI network card

Why are you using a PCI network card instead of the board's Gigabit LAN? And why are you using hibernate on a desktop system? Try adjusting your Power Options settings.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/wakeonlan-not-workingpci-network-card/19449.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hey guys am having a serious problem here -the USB lan is connected properly to the pc -i can connect to the network where i can get a connection -i turned off my firewall but there is no internet connection i cant connect to any site no msn either and once the google page opened after an hour of trying but it didnt open properly i tried to connect through a normal network card on another pc and the connection is great and everything is normal HOW COULD THIS BE thanks in advance for any help NB the ipconfig all gave me this result Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description DM card USB no but working Network Lan connection USB To Fast Ethernet Adapter Physical Address - - - - A-DE Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway PPP adapter Internet City Connection-specific DNS USB Lan Network card working but no connection Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet USB Lan Network card working but no connection Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Yesterday I was on my windows 7 32bit laptop and the internet cut out and it couldn't reconnect as it said no connections were available. I restarted my laptop,router still no luck went into the device manager disabled and enabled the network card nothing reinstalled it still nothing. Looked to see if one of the services for wireless had been disabled. Rebooted into safe mode with networking still the same. When my laptop boots the network icon shows that it is searching for a network but it doesn't find one. The wireless card is a Atheros AR5007EG with up to date drivers. I think the network card may have just given up as the wireless works fine on my desktop and netbook.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

Using Vista.

Can anyone tell me whats going on with my network card from my attachment photo? It just stopped working last week and I've lost internet access on that PC I've tested my Belkin router on another PC and it's working fine.

Do I need a new network card?

Thanks
Melt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-stopped-working.1048566/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

I'm having problems with my wireless networkcard. Sometimes i can connect to the Internet with it but at other times, I am simply unable to connect. Windows detects that there is a problem between my computer, the router, and the Internet. There are five other devices in my house that are able to connect flawlessly. I am currently only able to connect using a wi-fi adapter but this soultuion is awkward as i have only two available USB ports.

Can anyone help me?
I will post more details about the network card when I can.

stupot65

A:Wireless Network Card Not Working

It sounds like you may be having problems with the driver, go to the website of the cards manufacturer and check and see if there are any updates for the drivers. The drivers should be under the support or downloads section if they are anything like the other manufacturer websites I have seen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279065-wireless-network-card-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

i have an asus p2 99 motherboard and i am having trouble getting my broadband setup...i installed the network card and its recognized correctly and the light is on so i assume its working fine...however when i configure the network settings i get no response...i try the exact same settings on another box of similar specs but it works fine...i'm wondering if there is an issue with network cards on the p2 99 mb's....i tried an isa network card too but same problem..thanks

A:network card installed but not working???

Is the card a 10/100? If so try changing the speed to 10 mps half duplex, sometimes they won't work at the higher speed for whatever reason, being the cable modem really won't use more than 10mps it won't make any difference on internet speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-installed-but-not-working.61089/
Relevancy 52.46%

OK so I m going to do my card isnt working... Network best to explain but please be patient with Network card isnt working... me I just got Verizon DSL and the router is a wireless dsl modem router The model is GT WG the f w I m not really sure what you need from there I have a HP pavilion ze us and I have Windows Network card isnt working... XP I called Verizon to have them walk me through setting up my system and she was having me try to reset my IP address We tried that about times and it wasnt working she was having me do I rebooted my computer checked my ac adapter everything she couldn t figure it out so she said it was my network card and I needed to call HP and have them fix it And the kicker there was they couldn t figure it out either I ve been googling all sorts of things but I m really just barely literate when it comes to computers so I have no idea what I m reading and what steps I should be taking Please help me figure this out I m sure I ve left out some important information but again I really don t know what s relevant for you Thank you so much nbsp

A:Network card isnt working...

Is your net card showing in device mgr?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-isnt-working.602810/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am connected wirelessly with internet access according to my computer, but my internet sporadically stops working. Usually happens every 5 minutes or so. However, my Skype always works, even when my browsers and games don't. This has only happened within the last 3 days. Before that, my internet worked perfectly. Please help!

A:Connected to network with internet access but internet isn't working properly

I am assuming something extra is running in the background when you have a browser open, or you play games (I am sure on line games use browsers to operate) have you checked for tool bars? or small programs that where not there before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-with-internet-access-but-internet-isnt-working-properly.1112574/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am connected to my network wirelessly and I have Internet acces (according to the symbol at the bottom right) bu the Internet doesn't work. At the moment it keeps fluctuating between giving me interne and not I am using Skype to tell me if I have Internet ( when it's green I do when it's grey I don't) I have tried many things on forums like obtaining ip automatically or obtaining a fixed ip. I've tried renewing the ip and all this doesnt work. Please help I have exams soon and I really need the Internet to study /:

A:Vista - Connected to network and have Internet acces but internet not working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connected-to-network-and-have-internet-acces-but-internet-not-working.1041609/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all Have a different problem them most I have a compaq pc running Vista bit This PC has a wired connection to a wireless netgear router which not wired working Internet but working network is in turn connected to a Linksys DSL modem To the wireless router i have laptops wirelessly connected All four computers are setup on a network so file sharing and printing can be managed The PC acts as the main file server and printer server Just overnight the PC stopped connecting to the network The internet is working fine as normal but no network connection Other laptops on the network have normal internet connectivity but cannot access anything on the PC and no printing either The PC behaviour is has also become strange Task Manager will not open in a window but the green icon will sit in the system tray None of the Network options from Control Panel or quot Network quot in the start menu will work window will open but will get blank screen Performing a ipconfig release or renew will hang for about hrs before i killed it Ran AVG and Windows antivirius and antimalware Malwarebytes without a single hit Even System Restore Internet working but wired network not working from Control Panel will not open Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Internet working but wired network not working

Sounds like you have something corrupted. Let's start by resetting the stack.
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-working-but-wired-network-not-working.927442/
Relevancy 52.03%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I just reinstalled W2000 pro on my home made computer since I could not fix the blue screen problem I wrote about yesterday. I have a Asus P4S8X-MX motherboard and I am using DSL from Verizon. My other computer using XP is hooked up to this same router and working ok.

I cannot get the W2000 computer to access the internet. What do I have to do to get it to work? The NIC is built in to the motherboard. It used to work before I reinstalled windows.

TIA Gary

A:Solved: Network Interface card not working

I found the CD that has the drivers on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-interface-card-not-working.517947/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows Vista SP A few days ago I suddenly could not access the internet from that laptop I checked the network working & not Card Device Manager Network connections and found that it Device Manager & Network Card not working could not detect the network although I could still use my other laptop to access the internet Thinking that it s a problem with the network card I decided to check the Device Manager only to find that it was not working I can access the device manager s main page seeing the list of all devices but I cannot do anything there Whenever I select a device and attempt to view its properties the device manager becomes unresponsive It doesn t hang but just refuses to show me any useful information Neither can I perform any action on the devices as well disable etc I have not encountered anything like this before and trawling the net doesnt seem to bring up any examples of people meeting this problem Can anyone Device Manager & Network Card not working here help please Oh by the way I just want to add that I don t reckon it s a malware issue coz all other signs of the laptop are fine like booting up running and CPU activity on task manager Any help much appreciated

A:Device Manager & Network Card not working

Did you try system restore?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387591/device-manager-network-card-not-working/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi nbsp I have nbsp had problems with - working Wireless not card network Z580 Ideapad my wireless network card since I purchased my Lenovo Ideapad Z The wireless card would suddenly stop working but would restore itself after a few hours Last week nbsp suddenly in the middle of my session my laptop suddenly could no longer connect to wifi On restarting I realized the wireless network card wasn't working In fact the OS does not even realize that the laptop has a wireless network card It can still recognize the ethernet card and bluetooth nbsp Here is what I did Went to Device Manager -- gt Network Adapters I could not find the wireless adapter listed there Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 The following were listed Bluetooth Device PAN Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Realtek PCIe FE I changed the settings to view hidden items I can see the wireless adapter Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N There were a few other adapters that are hidden as well viz Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter I tried right clicking and uninstalling Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter It disappeared from Device Manager When I restarted my machine I could no longer find Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter even after showing hidden items I Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 went to Lenovo support site downloaded and installed the latest wireless network adapter driver But no change in status When I pull up properties for the Intel Centrino Wireless N in the Device Status it states Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer Driver tab in properties shows Driver Date Driver version Performing a clean boot does not resolve the problem nbsp nbsp Given steps amp above I do not know if I should proceed with uninstalling the wireless adapter Please advise nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Wireless-network-card-not-working-Ideapad-Z580/td-p/3347509
Relevancy 51.6%

here is what it says...
'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

i did a reinstall of xp so everything is like it was when i bought it, yet im still getting the error

A:my laptops wireless network card quit working

Try uninstalling the card in device manager, then reboot and let windows re-install it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptops-wireless-network-card-quit-working.170024/
Relevancy 51.6%

Have about 10 IBM 350's that were donated to a Christian school.
They are all 166mhz Pentiums with a varied amount of ram and hard drive sizes. They came with 3Com - Network cards model
3C905C-TX-M. We have installed win98se from the Microsoft "donated computer plan". These cards seem like very good cards (network boot etc.)

- the problem is that on every other restart they come up not working in the device manager!

They always work on a shut down but just not on a restart. I'm using the latest driver from 3Com and there card detection utility to identify the card.

Anyone ever have this problem?

A:every other restart 3Com network card 3C905C-TX-M not working

Have you tried updating the driver?
3com site has one you could try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-other-restart-3com-network-card-3c905c-tx-m-not-working.178999/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi nbsp I have nbsp had problems with my wireless network card since I purchased my Lenovo Ideapad Z The wireless card would suddenly stop working but would restore itself after a few hours Last week nbsp suddenly in the middle of my session my laptop suddenly could no longer connect to wifi On restarting I realized the wireless network card wasn't working In fact the OS does not even realize that the laptop has a wireless network card It can still recognize the ethernet card and bluetooth nbsp Here is what I did Went to Device Manager -- gt Network Adapters I could not find the wireless working Wireless card not network Z580 Ideapad - adapter listed there The following were listed Bluetooth Device PAN Bluetooth Device RFCOMM Realtek PCIe FE I changed the settings to view hidden items I can see the wireless adapter Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N There were a few Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 other adapters that are hidden as well viz Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter I tried right clicking and uninstalling Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter It disappeared from Device Manager When I restarted my machine Wireless network card not working - Ideapad Z580 I could no longer find Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter even after showing hidden items I went to Lenovo support site downloaded and installed the latest wireless network adapter driver But no change in status When I pull up properties for the Intel Centrino Wireless N in the Device Status it states Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer Driver tab in properties shows Driver Date Driver version Performing a clean boot does not resolve the problem nbsp nbsp Given steps amp above I do not know if I should proceed with uninstalling the wireless adapter Please advise nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Wireless-network-card-not-working-Ideapad-Z580/td-p/3347509
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I installed the Vista 32 bit over the 64 bit version, and my realtek network card appears with a yellow triangle mark in the controllers view.
I have already went to the Realtek Website and downloaded the controller updated version but it remains with error and not giving me access to the internet. How can i solve this problem?

A:Installed Vista 32 bit ober the 64 bit and Network Card stopped working

You have to do a clean install to go from 64 to 32-bit OS. Did you do this? What is the computer make and model? What is the realtek model?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/252009-installed-vista-32-bit-ober-64-bit-network-card-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I've read a post on this and would like an answer to my question. I have an ACER Aspire 1 and an Atheros AR5007EG Network card. It says that I am connected to the internet, but I am not able to connect with any internet browser. Is there a recent updated driver I can use. I have been unable to find one and at the present time I am using my other laptop to post this message.

A:Acer Aspire one and Atheros AR5007EG Network Card not working

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last four or so years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-and-atheros-ar5007eg-network-card-not-working.1144778/
Relevancy 50.74%

This happend a week ago I was playing bf on my pc and all of a sudden boom internet gone My router which is very stable had all green lights and my wireless pc that its network no Help think card, internet, I the i am on now had internet like how it is now So i I think its the network card, no internet, Help go to command prompt type ipconfig and everythnig is all I think its the network card, no internet, Help s I think its the network card, no internet, Help So like somehow my netork card which is a nivida nforce ethernet port on my Dfi lanparty motherboard Just a few min ago it did the same thing I tried uninstalling the driver though my computer device manger and the process never goese though I tried reinstalling my motherboard drivers with new drivers and it worked last time now the installaion proccess fails and freezes What can i do to get online again Do i need to buy a pci network card but i cant uninstall the one on my pc Do i need to just reformat my pc I hope there is another way to fix this Any help would be appreicated Also too when i go to command prompt on my wireless pc it shows all the ip and subnet mask then down by ethernet it says media disconnected I m guessing thats my wired pc nbsp

A:I think its the network card, no internet, Help

Make of Router?
Are you using onboard NIC (mobo)
If you're unsure of what happen?
Unplug the Router and wait 3 mins
Reboot the PC also
Login in back into the PC the NiC on the PC should see your network if it doesn't then use STATIC IP this will force your Router to give you internet WAN/LAN access... IPCONFIG /Release and IPCONFIG /Renew is flakey to solve wired and wireless problems.

So if you know your Gateway IP and Subnet Mask then create a static IP for that wireless device you have. That should set things right, if not then you can remove the NIC driver then let XP re-install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-its-the-network-card-no-internet-help.65364/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi! I have a problem with my work desktop. All of a sudden we come in and it looks like the network card had crashed. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox do not work. I open my email in Outlook and I can get my email so a signal is coming. I open the command promp and ping for our IP address, it works, then I ping our server, it works. So, I get a signal but still no internet. I've tried everything I can think of including removing spyware, reinstalling Internet Explorer, and changing my firewall settings. Does anyone have an idea why this is doing this? I have complete access to network printers and to email via Outlook but no internet. Ideas?

Thanks!

A:Network Card Works but still no Internet?

have you tried to access a website by the ip address?
It could be a dns issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-card-works-but-still-no-internet.594908/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello

I've a new PC which keeps dropping the internet connection.

Initially I taught it was the network card (TP-LINK 300Mbps Wireless Network Adapter) so I disabled that and tried a Belkin USB Wireless USD Adapter.

But that is having the same issue.

It will connect to the network connection but displays 'no internet access' on the wifi signal icon.

When I disconnect & reconnect I get the connection back for a while but it drops again.

I've multiple other PCs / Tablets / Laptops on this wifi connection and don't have this issue with any others.

If I've tried 2 network options (Installed card & welkin) could it be a software issue?

Relevancy 49.88%

I am connected to wireless but No internet . Wired connection is working.

Also I am able to browse if I am connected through other WIFI network.

I am attaching my ipconfig/all information for both wired and wireless connection

I tried ipconfig/release and renew...

Thanks in advance
Nitin

A:Internet not working for a particular network

Hi Nitin,

The computer is able to connect to other wireless network which means that the hardware is working fine.

It might be the settings in the router which could be causing this issue. If you have any other device which can be connected wireless, check if it is able to connect to the same network.

This would ensure that the settings in the router or the router itself might be causing the issue.

Also provide me the router’s make and model so that we can check the settings for it.

Please revert back for clarification.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298541-internet-not-working-particular-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone I need a little help. I'm running xp pro on ie 6 (desktop) and the internet stop working right after I tried to log into a website that requires me to update the java by using active x. The network functions work fine...exchange, printers, network shares etc etc, but the internet will not pull up. Thanks in advance.

A:Internet not working, but network is.

Hello and welcome to TSF

What was the website?

Please do this:

Produce a list of IE add ons
Click Here to download StartUplist. Save it to your desktop.
Extract the files.
You should now have StartupList.exe double click on it.
Wait until it is complete.
Right click on Browser Helper Objects (BHO), click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in BHO.txt and click Save.
Now right click on ActiveX Objects, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in ActiveX Objects.txt and click Save.
Then right click on Internet Explore toolbar, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in IE toolbars.txt and click Save.
Last one, right click on Internet Explore buttons/tools, click on Save Node and all sub nodes as.. then when the save box appears type in IE buttons.txt and click Save.

Open up the folder where Startuplist.exe is stored and locate thes files, please post them in your next reply:BHO.txt
ActiveX Objects.txt
IE toolbars.txt
IE buttons.txt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-not-working-but-network-is-208402.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone,
I'm currently on my laptop and needed some help with my desktops internet. I recently installed windows 7 professional 64 bit and had been using an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet in my dorm. Now I'm at home for winter break and my wireless card isn't working. Windows 7 says that no wireless devices are enabled. Is there a way I can turn back on my device? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device on my mother board but that didnt help because that was for the ethernet and not for the wireless card. thanks.

A:Wireless internet card not working

Could you give us the exact Make and model of your card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45809-wireless-internet-card-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

HI ALL I couldn t re-locate an former post their that I read but I 'not VIA recognized' Network Fast card, Internet had to-day an fairly similar problem which my ISP VIA Fast Internet Network card, 'not recognized' rep of Bell Sym say s is fairly common That is VIA Fast Internet Network card, 'not recognized' an lost driver for the VIA VIA Fast Internet Network card, 'not recognized' mentioned card but in fact the card is properly installed Rather the computer is not recognizing it the puter is connected but the actual driver is inadvertently lost strange because the puter appear s to be hooked-up to the internet but cannot surf or do email So I do not need an network card replacement rather identical only an driver for the VIA You would know this doesn t come with the xph-cd but rather is incorporated when you buy the computer not unlike other at point purchase choices ie wireless and say USB connections etc So if you cannot connect you have to obtain assistance from an friend to obtain this lost driver on an independant CD or take the computer to an consultant hence an fee Now I got simply lucky and rebooted this AM and presto it the driver was re-found and now I m OK But other s will not find that as convenience So my question is to avoid this future difficulty where do I obtain this driver for if I loose it again for often where this is smoke there is fire Hope this is reasonably clear I m new here from up in Canada Thanx for any suggestions k nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/via-fast-internet-network-card-not-recognized.555309/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I need some help w/ an internet connection. I am working on my niece's Dell Dimension B110. She had no internet connection at her house so I brought it to mine. I reinstalled the driver for the onboard connection but still no internet. I installed a 3Com pci card and still no internet but when I put the 3Com in my computer it works fine. Does this mean it is not hardware? It is set to grab the tcpip address and dns automatically. Any ideas?

A:Network card good but no internet connection

You do not need drivers if you are using ethernet (not USB) cable

After plugging in the ethernet network cable (PC to Modem ethernet Patch cable) run INETWIZ and follow prompts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-good-but-no-internet-connection.96752/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there,

I'm having trouble connecting a fairly old PC (8 years old) with Microsoft XP to the internet, via a wireless router & a Belkin wireless network card (plugged into a USB port). The Belkin software was installed successfully, and I've located & connected to my wireless router. However, when I open IE it won't connect to the internet. I have no idea whether I need a piece of hardware or software to act as the missing link, or whether indeed it is a question of my PC's compatibility, being so old...

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Andy

Relevancy 49.45%

I upgraded to XP and now the network and internet isn't working.. can someone help me?? thanks so much!

A:Upgraded to XP now network and internet isn't working. help!

Try this:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/Communication/New Connection Wizard,just follow the prompts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgraded-to-xp-now-network-and-internet-isnt-working-help.248042/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I recently installed Vista to but Network Working Internet not Connected Home as a partition on Mac OS X and internet's been working fine up till now and I installed all the updates but when I changed to a different network connection it says I'm connected to 'local and internet' but I cannot browse any web Network Connected to Internet but not Working pages at all I Network Connected to Internet but not Working can use programs such as utorrent fine it says i'm downloading but when I boot up IE or firefox I can't connect to any Network Connected to Internet but not Working websites I tried diagnosing but it says my connection is fine BTW I am able to connect to websites on the Mac OS X partition but I can't on Vista for some reason These are what I tried so far -Uninstalled my network adapters under 'device manager' and reinstalled them with the Mac OS X disc -Used commands in command prompt -ipconfig all results in attached file -ipconfig renew release error see attached file -netsh winsock reset worked fine actually see -netsh int ipv reset reset log error see attached file -netsh int ipv reset reset log error see attached file -Looked under IE - gt Tools - gt Internet Settings reset security and the advanced tab and made sure 'worked offline' is unchecked -made sure I'm not using proxies in Internet Settings -Also some people had problems with spyware malware but I have Microsoft Security Essentials that came with the update and I don't know how to disable it and if disabling it will do anything -I also tried pinging yahoo com as well as pinging my DNS and ip address all came back w positive results Any help

A:Network Connected to Internet but not Working

Hi,

After you did all that, what happened? It looks as though the reset did the trick!

Have you rebooted yet?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285917-network-connected-internet-but-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am stumped I am running one of my machines with dual boot - W and XP as I still have some programmes which won't run under W The two systems are installed on separate hard drives When running under W everything works fine and I can use either the WI FI adapter or the Ethernet connection to access the internet However when running the same PC and hardware under XP I am unable to connect to the internet Both the wifi adapter and the Ethernet module indicate they are quot connected quot and confirm the status in the little icon in the bottom right hand corner Additionally the router flashes accordingly suggesting the connection is good However if I try and connect to the internet nothing connects saying no internet available I have tried disabling and re-enabling both adapters and no internet working adapters but network also repairing the using the repair option I also tried each one on its own as well as together and still no joy Its as if there is something in the software stopping it but I don't have a clue as to what Any ideas please

A:network adapters working but no internet

From a cmd prompt type ipconfig /all then tracert 194.119.131.66 post results of both

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/128789-network-adapters-working-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I've had a home network for a long time now and there have not been any problems until recently. I upgraded one of the computers from Windows 2000 to Windows XP Professional. That computer is plugged directly into the router and the internet worked for about a day. Now it doesn't work. I checked my network connections and the local area connection says its connected. My laptop is working just fine in the wireless network. Everything is exactly how it's supposed to be yet that one computer cannot connect to the internet, I don't know why. I also checked the ipconfig in the command prompt, the ip addresses are not conflicting. That computer is 192.168.0.0 while this laptop is 192.168.0.1 i've no idea, please help!

Relevancy 49.45%

So I have an HP pavilion dv6 factory default laptop running Windows 7, and it will not allow me to access internet on my home network.

It says connected but no internet access. IE and firefox both cannot access internet.

I can connect to wireless and wired networks at school and other networks, just not my home one.

At least 5 other laptops I have can connect to this network with no problem, and i have 3 desktop computers running off the router also.

The network diagnostics from IE say that either the DNS server is not responding of my firewall is blocking my connection, even if all my firewalls are temporarily turned off, the problem still occurs.

Internet is DSL through a netgear router

A:Internet not working on home network

Hi rhino03, and welcome to TSG.

Can you test to see if that one computer can get an Internet connection through the router?

Do you know if the router is using any MAC filtering to restrict wireless access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-on-home-network.931374/
Relevancy 49.45%

For nearly a week now I have not internet to network not working! but Connected been able to get internet access My laptop automatically connects to the wireless network as usual but it says the connection is only local and so I cannot use the internet at all I am not sure if the problem is with my laptop or the livebox or the network itself - I do not think Connected to network but internet not working! it is my laptop because no one else can connect to it either the box appears to be okay and it recognised by the computer I did some research on the internet and thought it could be a DNS problem so I tried changing them but it made so difference My laptop is Vista and I have tried all the usual things like resetting the adaptor etc Here is the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name J-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- E- D-CF- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ucopiacontroller net Description Realtek RTL Family PCI-E Fast Etherne t NIC NDIS Physical Address - B- - D-C -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C C B - AB - - E - E D B br A Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F -C F- D-B B -C F F br EB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap ucopiacontroller net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F -C F- D-B B -C F F br EB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Connected to network but internet not working!

You "appear " to have a good wireless connection.
From your ipconfig let's see

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address> This would be the IPV4 address

PING <default_gateway_address> 192.168.1.1

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

A failure to ping might be a firewall issue,so you may need to disable "all" firewalls that are enabled(windows default and any security suites that have a firewall running)
Also make and models of modem and router?
What other devices are affected?

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-but-internet-not-working.880790/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi there, im new to this forum so forgive me if I do anything that im not supposed to.

none of the programs that use internet (steam, spotify, google chrome) work and yet it says i am connected to the network and that i have internet connection.

I have ticked the box that says "obtain DNS server automatically" or something to that extent and it worked... for about 20 seconds, then the internet stopped working again. I looked again and saw that the box i had previously ticked was unticked. Please help.

P.S. could you speak in simple terms, I'm not too good with networking and DNS.

EDIT: there's nothing wrong with my router, all my other devices (iPhone, smart TV, family computer) are working fine and have internet access.

A:Internet not working yet network is connected.

Hi from Sevenforums,

Can you provide an ipconfig/all

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331602-internet-not-working-yet-network-connected.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys I ve been trying for days already to fix this issue and working Unidentified - network! not Internet I come here with bright hopes you guys an help me I ve tried everything on other sites - resetting modem uninstalling reinstalling drivers disabling enabling drivers tried in safemode with networking internet doesn t work either system restore isn t working for some reason Also I ve scanned with spyware doctor avast ad-aware malwarebytes and superantispyware and they removed some viruses - now they can t find anymore I also get this message when I try to open malwarebytes now quot there is not enough free memory to run this program Exit one or more programs and then try again quot which is weird because avast is the only program running Could it still be viruses malware First off I am using a laptop and cable broadband internet The problem is on the bottom right corner i get the computer icon with Internet not working - Unidentified network! the exclamation mark When I left click it it says I m connected to quot unidentified network - no internet access quot Now this is weird because I ve always been able to connect All other computers on the router are able to connect fine and even when I put my brothers computer on the same cable as mine it still works as it says quot network quot not quot unidentified network quot I got an ipconfig all for you guys also attached as file Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Winston gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Winston-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - F- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe db eb fdb f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F - - - - F- - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C- B-D - C- C-DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address C- B-D - C- C-DE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BBAF E-BEC - AA -BD - F B C D C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C F- - D - D F- FE EF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF A-C D- E C-ACD - F D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Winston gt Please help me get my internet back - I have an exam on Monday and Wednesday and internet on my personal computer would be very nice I will gratefully donate like to whoever can help get my internet back Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have been having trouble with my computer Yesterday I was surfing the web and I recieved these message dialogues advising there were some RunTime errors Idiotically not working Adapters Internet Network and I just kept clicking OK and the computer rebooted After the reboot the Network drivers and all of my additional card reader drivers are now suspect in evice Manager I have tried to remove them Uninstall but the computer just says it could not find another driver that was a better fit the the current one installed I have also tried uninstalling the Driver and reinstalling it but I get the same thing Network Adapters - Direct Parallel - Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter - RAS Async Adapter - Realtec TRL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - WAN Miniport IP - WAN Miniport L TP - WAN Miniport PPPOE - WAN Miniport PPTP Under my Network Places the NIC Adapter is not showing up either When running IPConfig Network Adapters and Internet not working i get the following windows IP Configuration An Internal Error Occurred The request is not supported Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for further help Additional Information Unable to query host name Can you please help me Thanks in advance Damion nbsp

A:Network Adapters and Internet not working

are you on XP - if so can you do a restore to before you had these problems

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-and-internet-not-working.567206/
Relevancy 49.45%

helloI have a problem with my old windows 2000 Pro computer.Since yesterday he doesn't want to connect to the Internet, but the Internet card doesn't give a exclamation mark in the device manager.When I type Ipconfig/all in the command line he doesn't gives an IP-adress.

A:No internet but working internet card

If you're not seeing an IP when you do an ipconfig command then something is definitely wrong.I would start by rebooting and then checking to see if you have a valid IP. If you do, it was likely just a brain fart on the PC's part. But I would keep an eye on it in case it does it again which would indicate problems with the NIC.If a reboot doesn't do the trick. I would first check for more recent drivers for the NIC. If there are newer ones apply them and check. If that doesn't fix the issue, the next thing I would try is resetting the TCP/IP stack. To reset your TCP/IP stack first o pen a command prompt window (ie: Start >> Run >> type cmd and hit Enter) and perform the following command:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txtNote If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txtThen reboot the computer.If that doesn't fix the issue I would try removing the NIC from Device Manager and then reboot and let windows "find" and reinstall the NIC. If none of the above fixes the issue, I'd buy a new NIC and install it.It matters not how straight the gate,How charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate;I am the captain of my soul.***William Henley***

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/no-internet-but-working-internet-card/66304.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop is inable to connect to internet via its own network card. The WiFi connects but shows no internet while im able to access the internet using a WiFi dongle. I have updated the drivers and even deleted and reinstalled the drivers but still issue didn't get resolved. The laptops own wifi is showing the networks just unable to get the internet and shows an error sign exclamation on the WiFi signal for the laptops wifi card while connects fine using the dongle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-network-card-is-unable-to-connect-to-internet/td-p/5750730
Relevancy 49.02%

I have comcast internet service that is supposed to be 150mb down. The max I can get is 95mb down. I've had comcast out to look at my equipment and they say nothing is wrong. I just realized that my network card is 10/100 and my lan connection says "Connected at 100mpbs". Is this the reason why i can't get over 95mb?Next, what card will fix this?

A:Replacing network card (10/100) in P6837C, slow internet

Hi, Yes, your machine uses: LAN: 10-Base-TTechnology: PCI Realtek RTL8105EData transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/sTransmission standards:10-Base-T EthernetSource:   http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c02820972 and it has Expansion Slots1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card3 PCI Express x1 slots1 PCI Express x1 minicard slot That means you can use spare PCIe x1 slot to add 1Giga PCIe-NIC card such as:          https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-1000Mbps-Gigabit-Low-Profile-TG-3468/dp/B003CFATNI?th=1 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacing-network-card-10-100-in-P6837C-slow-internet/td-p/5816143
Relevancy 49.02%

Right now I am on my laptop which is working fine on my own network and is wireless My desktop which is wired to the router says that it is connected to the internet and is receiving and sending packets On the desktop I have pinged Google and says that it can be pinged but when I try and connect to it with Google chrome Mozilla and internet explorer it just doesn t connect to it I have not been shaped and I have heaps of GB The internet is absolutely fine and works on the all pcs except I cannot view sites on my desktop All sites I can ping but not reachable on my browsers When I run diagnostics on windows It says there are no problems with my network My firewalls allow the browsers to connect I can connect to the router but nothing else There are no ip conflicts and all network configurations are automatically obtained I have reset my router but and but working Network is connected Internet pinging, no does no difference I have made sure nothing is stopping my browsers I am currently with Bigpond I m running windows Vista Network is connected and pinging, but no Internet working and my router is a Technicolor TG n v Router info w w w technicolorbroadbandpartner com dsl-modems-gateways products product-detail php id remove the dots in www at the start nbsp

A:Network is connected and pinging, but no Internet working

Do you have a data link light on the back of the computer? Also, disable your firewall program and connect. If that doesn't work, check on the compatibility of your security pack. A lot of the security packs cause problems, you may have to uninstall the 3rd party software firewall and reinstall it.

Also try resetting your I.P. Address.

Resetting IP in Windows XP

In Windows XP, use the following steps to reset the Internet Protocol:
1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. Type cmd
4. Click Ok
5. In the Black Command Box Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
6. Hit Enter Key
7. Restart the computer and try to log in and browse the Internet. If the problem persists, continue using these steps.
8. Click Start
9. Click Run
10. Type cmd
11. Click Ok
12. In Black Command Box Type: netsh winsock reset
13. Hit Enter Key
14. Restart Computer

Also Try Resetting IE8 to Default Options

Click Tools Tab
Click Internet Options at bottom
Click Advanced Tab on far right
Click Reset near bottom
Click Ok and Close Internet Explorer 8
Restart Internet Explorer 8

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-is-connected-and-pinging-but-no-internet-working.175533/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a new dell laptop. When i turn on the computer, it says i am connected to a wireless network,and i have a full signal. however, when i click on internet explorer, nothing comes up-not even a system message, let alone a website. also, on the bottom toolbar, there is an icon of two little computers and it says "a network cable is unplugged". please help. i can't figure out what's wrong. thanks.

A:HELP!! new laptop and wireless network but no working internet!

Click Start, Control Panel then Network Connections. You should have a Wireless connection there. Double click it. Click View Wireless Networks and you should have a wireless network there. If not click refresh network list on the left. If you do have one shown click on advanced settings then wireless settings. Click on Advanced make sure Any Available Network is checked. If more that one wireless network is showing you have to move your Up to the first position. Also do you have Wep Or Wap enabled? If so you would have to enter the key. Also make sure you are close to your wireless router when doing this to rule out a weak signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-new-laptop-and-wireless-network-but-no-working-internet.51927/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a notebook there i put my network cable in the box in my room and internet works At Michaels place i can use the wireless lan successfully But till the last time i was at Michael's place my dorm internet doesn't work anymore I took my computer into another room and used their cable it didn t work So it has network sends not internet receives working and although to be my internet not working although network receives and sends computer When i go to Michaels place i activate wireless lan card and deactivate other card When i go to my dorm i do it the other way - at michael s place their wireless lan works - at the dorm the internet works for all the other people - at the dorm internet doesn t work on my computer no matter which room TCP setting Both set to automatic never changed that Proxy setting Also automatic I never put something in here I always just plugged the cable in in my dorm and it worked I didn t even have to register my computer or anything In the cmd dos-console I put in ping www apple com ping didn t work The network sign of the cable is in the taskbar and it sends and receives There is constant slow sending and receiving I also wrote route print in the dos console and compared it with another computer at the dorm I have the same ip settings and stuff Also pretty much the same settings with ipconfig all Didn t write them down now i'll do what you tell internet not working although network receives and sends me thx for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-not-working-although-network-receives-and-sends-143245.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am facing a strange problem with same Internet 2nd working computer wifi network not with my internet connection on Windows I have a netgear WNR wifi router and two laptops connected to it running Windows on first and Windows on second The connection in Windows laptop shows sufficient signal strength but when I try to access internet it does only shows connecting I have changed browsers wifi router adsl router released and reconnected IP address forgot and re-added wifi network reset wifi router to factory almost everything The strange part is that as soon as the other Windows laptop is disconnected from the network Windows internet start working fine I have tested this many times and there is no doubt in this behavior I dont know whether the problem is in any update installed on Windows the older Dell Wireless wifi card or some virus in the other Windows laptop Can someone please help me Going bonkers here My ipconfig output Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - -C -B -E - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network Address F -B -E - - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July PM Lease Expires Monday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AC- A-FE-F -B -E - - E- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Note that I have assigned preferred IP addresses to both laptops based on MAC Thanks a lot

A:Internet not working with 2nd computer same wifi network

Hi rachit27 and welcome to Eight Forums,
There must be a hotspot utility running on it. You'll have to find it and turn it off. This type of utility lets you share your internet connection with other devices. It basically turns your laptop into a wireless router/repeater. There is likely an Icon for it in the notifications area down next to the clock on the taskbar. I'd look there first.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49991-internet-not-working-2nd-computer-same-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have recently set up a network with a linksys WRT54GS router with two desktops and two laptops. I have been trying to connect another computer to this network with no success. the settings I used on this are exactly the same as far as I could tell. It is a Windows XP home edition SP2. It can ping the router, modem, and all other computers on the network, but still no internet at all. It also cannot access the router interface page. Any help at all is appreciated.

A:Computer cannot access internet on working network

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reboot the machine.

Let's see this from the machine after the reset.

Type the following two commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Finally...

Try these simple tests.

Type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING 216.109.112.135

PING yahoo.com

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cannot-access-internet-on-working-network.699772/
Relevancy 49.02%

After moving I was using a wireless Internet connection for a while but then I started using a direct connection to a router. Now I'm back to wireless but I'm having this problem, my brother has been using the wireless from the beginning and still does so I'm sure it's my computer. No browsers work, no games, nothing can connect to the Internet.
I'm running windows 7 and now the Internet icon in the taskbar is the computer monitor with a yellow triangle as opposed to the bars of wireless internet unless I'm connected or trying to connect to the wireless Internet that either says I have limited connectivity or is connected but doesn't work.
Also, sorry, I know I should be showing what comes up in command prompt but if someone could give me the commands to type in, I'll report what cones in as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a notebook there i put my network cable in the box in my room and internet works At Michaels place i can use the wireless lan successfully But till the last time i was at Michael's place my dorm internet doesn't work anymore internet sends network working not although and receives I took my computer into another room and used their cable it didn t work So it has to be my computer When i go to Michaels place i activate wireless lan card and deactivate other card When internet not working although network receives and sends i go to my dorm i do it the other way - at michael s place their wireless lan works - at the dorm the internet works for all the other people - at the dorm internet doesn t work on my computer no matter which room TCP setting Both set to automatic never changed that Proxy setting Also automatic I never put something in here I always just plugged the cable in in my dorm and it worked I didn t even have to register my computer or anything In the cmd dos-console I put in ping www apple com ping didn t work The network sign of the cable is in the taskbar and it sends and receives There is constant slow sending and receiving I also wrote route print in the dos console and compared it with another computer at the dorm I have the same ip settings and stuff Also pretty much the same settings with ipconfig all Didn t write them down now i'll do what you tell me thx for your help

A:internet not working although network receives and sends

Double post - closing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/internet-not-working-although-network-receives-and-sends-143248.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I have a system which is having the network fine in it but the internet is not working dont know what the user have done in that but internet is not working.

Could anyone please tell me what should i do in order to make the internet work in that system.

Awaiting for the reply.

Thank you for your valuable time.

A:Network is fine in the system but internet is not working

OK:Are you saying that your home network can be contacted but unable to get onto the internet ?

Need to know a lot more about your environment.
Answer as many of these as you can.

The &#8220;Johnwill&#8221; need to know about your environment questionnaire:

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms? Have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way? Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-is-fine-in-the-system-but-internet-is-not-working.883535/
Relevancy 49.02%

We are running 2 laptops both running Vista Home Basic. We set up a Wireless ADHOC connection to enable both computers to access the Internet, via a wireless prepaid dongle(broadband). It all worked! Then suddenly 2 days ago the Internet connection dropped out on the second computer 'B'. Can anyone explain why we now cannot get the Internet connection on the second computer even though the network itself is working fine? We have tried both Ethernet and wireless. We can access the internet on the host computer"A" and we can access folders and files in the two networked computers but the internet connection just is not there on computer'B'. We are by now almost bald and ready to throw both computers through the nearest window!
ColnPam

A:Network working but no Internet connection on Computer 'B'

Did you do anything different on Computer B that you didn't do on Computer A like add any new software or hardware ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/191842-network-working-but-no-internet-connection-computer-b.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Everything was working fine for a few weeks now it just refuses to connect I ve tried Internet stopped working, unidentified network MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA G Ver which has always worked in the past amp was originally working on the PC until it randomly stopped All my other devices PC s can connect just fine I have a Netgear Router amp A Motorolla Modem both up to date PLEASE HELP THIS IS FRUSTRATING I ve tried -Resetting Router Modem Multiple Times -Changing Router Frequency from to -Changing MAC Address -Deleted Norton Antivirus -Deleted Bonjour -Tried Windows Repair -Tried System Restore to when it worked Nothing seems to be working Heres my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Frostymcburg-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Internet stopped working, unidentified network Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - F-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef ab ad e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- B- A- - F-E - - B-A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D - C- - E -A DF DC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet stopped working, unidentified network

chris iagallo said:

Everything was working fine for a few weeks, now it just refuses to connect. I've tried MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again.

Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA54G Ver. 2.1 which has always worked..... I have a Netgear Router & A Motorolla Modem. both up to date. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS FRUSTRATING!Click to expand...

So how are these wired? Like this?

Code:
ISP==> Motorolla --->NetGear--->WGA54g ??
(copy and correct if necessary)

I've tried:
-Resetting Router/Modem Multiple Times
-Changing Router Frequency from 6 to 11
-Changing MAC Address
-Deleted Norton Antivirus
-Deleted Bonjour
-Tried Windows Repair
-Tried System Restore to when it worked

Nothing seems to be working....Click to expand...

good try, but Bonjour is useful
WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS? XP, Vista, Win/7

Heres my ipconfig /all:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Frostymcburg-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid << great
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25ef:53ab:67ad:9e20%11(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.158.32(Preferred) << this is the bug
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889186
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-4E-5B-4A-00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 << these fail because IPv4 failed
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:
-----
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

You LAN connection is via ethernet cable and it can not find the router TO WHICH IT IS ATTACHED.

*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
power off the modem
power off the Netgear
*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
disconnect the computer from the router
Now wait 30-40 seconds between each of the following steps:
power up the modem
power up the Netgear
reconnect the computer to the netgear

get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

cope the results of the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: section and stop just short of Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling
come back here and paste the results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-stopped-working-unidentified-network.190284/
Relevancy 49.02%

I moved a belking wireless G desktop card from a Dell computer that crashed to an old Compaq. I have connectivity, but no internet access? Not sure what I need to do to get connected to the internet. I have no idea why I can be connected but not be able to access the internet. I can't get support from Belkin or Compaq because both are too old. Can someone help.

<edited the title - etaf moderator >

A:Belkin wireless card not working on internet after move between PCs

a relevant title - often helps here , I have edited the title for you
I have also moved to networking forum

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests please
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

Start> Run {search bar in Vista/W7}> type CMD to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Type the following command
Ping {then a space and then add the number that is shown against the item labeled "default gateway" shown in the results from the ipconfig /all}
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-wireless-card-not-working-on-internet-after-move-between-pcs.1065722/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently I was trying to fit a new USB card in my last free slot but the fit was really tight So I unplugged another card to try the slot and it was my network card I don t remember but there is a possibility that I ve rebooted my computer without the network card Now my card seems to have disappeared and I have no more Internet connection When I try to open all devices the network card doesn t show anymore I have to ask to show hidden devices and only then it shows It doesn t show any problem and it won t find any new driver because it tells me it s the best one I have It s also impossible to uninstall it because it says maybe my computer needs it to boot I have tried finding a driver over the net but the one I ve found doesn t seem to do anything I problem Solved: Internet driver?) card (Network connection have an old card that came with my old computer in There was no CD with the card Solved: Internet connection problem (Network card driver?) The card is a SMC EZ card PCI SMC T On there website SMC says the last update on the driver dates from I have downloaded it but I don t know what to do with it SMC told me the driver doesn t work with Windows XP I have used my card with XP for years with no problem Please help or I will have to replace a perfectly good card with a new one to access the net again Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

My issue I've been having for a week now is that I've set up a wireless network to try to allow my iPhone to connect to the internet through my pc. The network is running, and can file share, etc. but the Internet connection wont share. I am using a sprint usb aircard for my internet connection so I have tried using ICS on my pc to allow the connection without the router having one. I've tried DHCP, static IP's, and crawling through about a million forums and cant seem to find a solution. any ideas would be greatly appriciated.

A:Wireless Network working but Internet wont share, please help.

Maybe you could share some of the configuration with us.
How is the router fitting in the picture with the Sprint USB Aircard? Is that your only ISP connection?

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-working-but-internet-wont-share-please-help.844267/
Relevancy 48.59%

I can t get the internet to work while says working, Network 7 Center Problem) not and is Internet it (WIN Sharing upon bootup I get it to re-enable by disabling and re-enabling my network Internet not working, while Network and Sharing Center says it is (WIN 7 Problem) card driver But I need to do this EVERY time I reboot the computer And to go a step further I disabled the onboard nic and put in a nic card The problem still happens I also tried installing a Windows compatible driver Still no luck I never had this problem until i installed Window Home Premium Here s the pings I did Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Hawke gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Trip Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List wi rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix wi rr com Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -A - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef c c fa f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday January AM Lease Expires Sunday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AC- -A - -E - D-BE-F -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap wi rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix wi rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Hawke gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Hawke gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Hawke gt Anyone know what this could be Is this a bug in windows nbsp

A:Internet not working, while Network and Sharing Center says it is (WIN 7 Problem)

Hi>Try this.Changing the DNS address.

https://store.opendns.com/setup/operatingsystem/windows-7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-working-while-network-and-sharing-center-says-it-is-win-7-problem.897806/
Relevancy 48.59%

I was on my laptop on Friday and the internet would connect when I turned on my laptop. So I just thought I needed to retype the security key. Nope. So after that I reboted my router. (Sorry for my horrible spelling). That didn't work either. So I came here and saw a number of people had the same problem. I tried every thing pluging my laptop into the router, netsh winsock reset, disable and enable the network.

HELP!!

A:My internet just stopped working. Unidentified public network.

Does the internet connection is working in LAN wired network ?
Did u try Connecting to wi fi router using some other Wi fi devices ? i.e Say from ur phone
Can you please explain ur problem in detail , i just cant figure out wat u did ? Everytime wen u turn on ur laptop internet connect automatically ! ok

Then Second time u tried Connecting to Internet , Does it Asked the Security Key ?

and above all y u suddenly went to Router ? the problem might nt probably with router, may be some changes occured in settings Have u checked in etwork and Connectins>Manage Wireless networks ??

Please Write More Details about the scenario !

Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241059-my-internet-just-stopped-working-unidentified-public-network.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am using windows 7 on laptop.

I have installed windows Virtual PC and using windows vista on virtual pc. Ihave configured to connect to "default" unsecured wireless connection automatically. I am getting connected to "unidentified" wireless connection automatically and I am unable to use internet at all.

First time, I turned off virtual pc from running and internet started I working. Second time,even this did not work, so removed sharing of "default" network and now I can use internet.

When I shared default network for the first time, I was able to use default network on windows vista on virtual pc and on windows 7 both. But then gyradually this problem developed.
If I need to use internet on windows vista on virtual pc and on windows 7 both, how will I be able to do that ?

Whats this problem due to ?

Thanks

A:Shared internet network between virtual pc and windows 7 is not working.

I don't believe that you can use your network card for both devices without experiencing issues. I'd post over in the Networking forums for more details: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f31/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/shared-internet-network-between-virtual-pc-and-windows-7-is-not-working-482100.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I got a:

PCI-E Wireless 802.11n 150Mbps Network Interface Card

So It somewhat works but only a 2 MBPS download speed I know that my wireless network gives off 30 MBPS as my old external wireless USB was getting, but that is broke.

With that broke all I have left is the internal card with slow speed, Unable to render youtube in HD.

Windows shows the internal card has a strong connection of full bars but still slow speed.

Tried updating drivers for it through device manager but none available, So why is it so slow?

P.S. There is room for 2 antennas but having the 2 in makes no difference as It still works with 1, strange.

A:PCI-E internet card not working well, Slow speed / Connection loss

Still got the issue , Tried Uninstalling the device and detecting the device again , result = Still slow

Tried looking for new drivers = none found

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378452-pci-e-internet-card-not-working-well-slow-speed-connection-loss.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop has just stopped powering all of its USB ports This is odd because the night before everything was working really well I just turned it on the next morning and it doesn t recognise my Microsoft wireless mouse UCB insert It s like someone s flicked a switch and just turned off every insert point because both cable and wireless internet are no longer working I can t see my external hard drive I haven t tried to connect my iPod by firewire yet but I imagine that will bring the same problem I know the hard ware card) wireless failure USB firewire (along and network internet, power/insert with is still working because I plugged it the mouse into another computer yesterday and it worked straight away I ve tried looking at the hardware options in control panel and been through the Microsoft USB trouble-shooter walkthrough to no avail The most recent program I installed was a driver for a Belkin wireless network card I have uninstalled this although this was installed around a month ago and everything was working fine before so maybe that s just me being superstitious and this hasn t had any influence The laptop dual boots one for audio production the other for home-type applications like email word processing etc and the problem is USB power/insert failure (along with internet, firewire and wireless network card) happening when I boot up in either partition I m running Microsoft XP Pro on a Pro-Studio Modular Laptop P- with Pentium- Ghz of RAM and Gb of DDR Memory Is there something relatively simple that I m missing Or is it likely that every single port appears to have broken over night I d be USB power/insert failure (along with internet, firewire and wireless network card) really grateful if anyone has experienced anything similar and could point me in the right direction nbsp

A:USB power/insert failure (along with internet, firewire and wireless network card)

You could try the USB settings in the BIOS setup. Like disable USB keyboard support etc.

Did you put the Belking driver on both instances of Windows?

To rule out a problem with Windows download a bootable Linux CD like INSERT or Knoppix. Burn and boot it and see if you can access your external HD. It should also detect your USB mouse.

Uninstalling things in windows does not always remove the system drivers (and this causes lots of issues). Go to Device Manager and tell it to show hidden devices. Remove everything you don't need. Look under non-pnp devices for any suspicious leftovers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-power-insert-failure-along-with-internet-firewire-and-wireless-network-card.19186/
Relevancy 47.73%

my pc hang after internet connect but safe mode and network is working below my IPCONFIG /ALL

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\shibu>ipcongig /all
'ipcongig' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Documents and Settings\shibu>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : computer_1
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8168D(P)/8111D(P) PCI-E G
igabit Ethernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-C0-B5-BE-D5
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, October 25, 2012 3:45:38 A
M
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Friday, October 26, 2012 3:45:38 AM

C:\Documents and Settings\shibu>

A:my pc hang after internet connect but safe mode and network is working

Have you tried downloading the latest update for your Realtek adapter, uninstalling the current driver, and then installing the update?
Software: Drivers & Utilities
RTL8111B/RTL8168B/RTL8111/RTL8168
RTL8111C/RTL8111CP/RTL8111D(L)
RTL8168C/RTL8111DP/RTL8111E
RTL8168E/RTL8111F/RTL8411

To fully re-install the driver, use the following steps.First, download the latest Realtek driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Click Network adapters
Right click the Realtek device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the Realtek device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
First, download the latest Realtek driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Click Network adapters
Right click the Realtek device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the Realtek device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-pc-hang-after-internet-connect-but-safe-mode-and-network-is-working-672382.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Pls help me out with the fine. is Network working internet 7 Windows Issue but unidentified following Windows unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine Unable to create hotspot What to do now IPv and IPv shows no internet connectivity C Users HOME gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HOME-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter netAccess Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description netAccess Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Contro ller NDIS Physical Address - - - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e b b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine. - - - F- -FB- - - - - D- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap CC -FEBA- AA -B E - B BBFA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B -A DD- BFB-B A-F BA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Windows 7 unidentified Network Issue but internet is working fine.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Please check out this Tutorial.
Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wireless Hotspot

Another one here:
http://sanjutalks.wordpress.com/2012...se-in-android/

You may also check out on Connectify.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301605-windows-7-unidentified-network-issue-but-internet-working-fine.html
Relevancy 47.73%

could anyone please help i have two windows xp computers and would liek to share client on working internet HELP Solved: NETWORK PPLEEASSEE WITH computer not files and internet through ethernet computer is connected to the internet with a wireless usb adapter a crossover ethernet cable is running from computer to computer i have managed to Solved: HELP WITH NETWORK internet not working on client computer PPLEEASSEE get file sharing and printer sharing to work between them and both computers can see ech other in my network computer comes up with the wireless internet as an internet gateway so it is picking up the internet but no internet flow is going through i go to internet explorere and it wont connect Solved: HELP WITH NETWORK internet not working on client computer PPLEEASSEE i have tried ping from computer and it cant find anything it sasy in the status of the internet gateway that data is being sent and recieved but stil cant acces internet could someone pelase help i dont wanna buy another wireless usb adapter so please dont suggest that i would liek to do it just how it is please help thank you nbsp

A:Solved: HELP WITH NETWORK internet not working on client computer PPLEEASSEE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-with-network-internet-not-working-on-client-computer-ppleeassee.591201/
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so recently I reformatted my ASUS laptop wiping everything from my hard drive. When I tried to connect to the internet, the laptop would not find any wireless networks around me. So I went to Device Manager and saw that the "Network Controller" had a yellow triangle next to it. So I tried to find a network controller driver online for my laptop, but couldn't find anything. Even on the ASUS drivers download page there were no network controllers available. Here are the specs of my laptop: -
Model: UL50Ag, OS:- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit, Ethernet Controller:- Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)

If any other information is required just ask and please if anyone can find a link or some solution to resolve my problem, I would be very grateful.

A:Cannot Find ASUS Network Controller, Wireless Internet Not Working

Hi iowndd, Have a look here Drivers for Atheros AR8131 and Windows 7 you may find what you are looking for

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/275765-cannot-find-asus-network-controller-wireless-internet-not-working.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Someone please help , after a windows update and system re-boot, could not connect to internet, looked at network adaptor in device manager, and there was 2 msn isatap adaptors there with error message 'can not start', on advice from this forum in other thread, un-installed them, did not work, it still says sis 191 ethernet controller experiencing driver or hardware issues when I run windows network diagnostics, but in device manager says 'device is working properly'....tried rolling back too, no joy...what the hell is up with it? worked alright before windows update, daughter going back to uni in 2 days so need help quick as she is taking other working laptop....many thanks....
amy running vista on a fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile laptop v5535.

A:network adaptor working properly but no internet, PLEASE HELP, pulling out hair!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor-working-properly-but-no-internet-please-help-pulling-out-hair.950572/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I updated my laptop to Windows 10 a while back - absolutely no problems - but I just did a restart and cleaned off the files and stuff.  Now I can't turn on wi-fi, and it says there's no available connections.  I tried downloading and installing the driver from the website, but that did nothing.  Everything worked fine before - do I need to install other drivers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19693540
Relevancy 47.73%

Like i said, my video card driver was just on default video card So i undated it to the 7950 geforce driver. I restarted and my internet browsers, firefox and ie stopped working. but i can get on aim.

I have disabled the video card driver, and uninstalled my ethernet driver, which is also an nVidia. None of this has changed the problem.

I can still get on aim, but firefox says "connection was reset" when ever i try to view a website

Ideas?

I've tried adaware, but i can't update it cause it wont connect to the internet. and my spybot is just not starting up.

A:I update nVidia video card driver and internet stops working

run
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-update-nvidia-video-card-driver-and-internet-stops-working-313367.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I bought a new HP Pavilion dv - dx Entertainment stops but wireless to internet Solved: working network, connection Excellent sometime Notebook PC laptop which runs Vista I have a LynkSys Wireless router model WRT G v Since I bought the laptop I have an intermittent problem getting the internet using Internet Explorer have not tried other browers Sometimes internet works fine however sometimes I have Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working a problem when I click a link or open a new page When the problem occurs I get an error webpage stating quot Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage quot with a button on the page quot Diagnose Connection Problems quot When I click this button I eventually get a window that says quot Windows did not find any problems with this computer s network connection quot However when this problem occurs I check the network connection by going Start Connect to When I look at my network it says connected and that I have an excellent signal all bars are green To temporarily fix the problem I right click on the wireless network and click Diagnosis On the window that comes up I click quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot subtitle Resetting the adapter can sometimes resolve and intermittent problem quot When I click this it looks like it goes through some repairing process and I eventually get a window that states quot The problem has been resolved quot If I go back to the webpage with the initial error and refresh f I do get the correct website and everything seems to be fine However sometimes I need to repeat this process again after minutes Other times I can go for an hour Have not see any pattern as to when the internet stops working If anyone knows how I can always have the internet without having to quot Reset the Network Adapter quot every so often that would be great Other information I use a WEP secured connection and have the network security key I always have to quot Reset the network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot quot after the computer goes to sleep Have not determined if this is a function of the hibernation or enough time has elapsed where I need to reset again anyway When I hardwire connect the laptop to the same router I have no issues Other than I have to stay next to the router which defeats the purpose of the laptop I have a laptop from work that runs XP and has no problems connecting wirelessly through this same router It seems like others may have similar problems but couldn t find exact solution Sorry for any repeats I wouldn t call myself computer savvy so detailed quot how to quot would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excellent connection to wireless network, but sometime internet stops working

I'd start by downloading and installing the latest wireless drivers for that machine, that seems to be where the issue might lie.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excellent-connection-to-wireless-network-but-sometime-internet-stops-working.869618/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there I would really appreciate any suggestions for this I unable internet same wireless get network at help, a working Please wired time to and Solved: have searched the internet high and low for a solution I am running Windows xp pro I work as a video editor and where I work we have a wired network sharing video between the different computers at gbps This is on a static IP I also want to use the internet while I am working by connecting to our wireless internet with a wireless adapter via DHCP My problem is if the video network is running my wireless internet constantly goes down every minutes I have found an interesting way to get it to work again is to switch http and http through proxy connections on and Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time off until it comes back But after a year of doing this every minutes I AM GETTING REALLY TIRED OF IT Is there any way for me to get these networks working happily at the same time I have read about setting up static ip and dhcp at the same time but when I type in ipconfig all my settings say I am already seem to be running a static ip and dhcp with the wireless wouter Or maybe the sheer volume of the video network will always squeeze out the internet while it is running I am reasonably intelligent and computer literate but no expert any help would be greatly appreciated many thanks Here is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Capture Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO MT Network Connect ion Physical Address - - -AE- - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe ff feae Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Primary WINS Server Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS USB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - -F - - -CC Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f ff fe cc Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe f Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - A Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings avidcapture gt nbsp

A:Solved: Please help, unable to get a wired network and wireless internet working at same time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-please-help-unable-to-get-a-wired-network-and-wireless-internet-working-at-same-time.691805/
Relevancy 46.87%

Please Help me! After running my malware anti-virus and removing all the virus, my Local Area Connection keeps saying network cable unplugged. I checked the network adapters and everything is fine. When I did an ipconfig, there's no ip address showing. I have Windows XP. I've tried almost everything and it's still not working. What could be causing this problem? I've been working on this for days. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Local Area Connection-Network Cable unplugged - Internet not working after virus

Hi: When you say no ipaddress do you mean it is all zeros or 169.xx ?
If all zeros here are some things to investigate:
IP Addresses all O&#8217;s
IP addresses of all zeros are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, restart (power cycle) the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.
If this is a wireless connection:

There has also been at least one case where switching from using Dell WLAN to XP&#8217;s WZC resolved the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-area-connection-network-cable-unplugged-internet-not-working-after-virus.1014604/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all I m running windows XP pro bit with service pack on an HP W internet all windows network working address acquiring firewall at adaptors and not stuck on networks, net notebook workstation Last night I was hit by a rather nasty virus from a source that still remains unknown It hijacked the list of hosted processes running under SVCHost exe no it was not scvhost exe and caused ping exe to repeatedly launch and flood random IP addresses with huge amounts of data I managed to get rid of this using microsoft security essentials but a few times net adaptors stuck at acquiring network address on all networks, windows firewall and internet not working before I did this and now consistently afterward I have no internet connection I ve tried with several different wireless networks and two different ethernet cables connected to two completely separate networks I also have another older HP laptop on the same network which i m using to type this message The general idea of this is as follows All network adaptors this being ethernet wireless even iPhone tethering showing acquiring network address consistently packets showing as sent received in any network adaptor s properties except WiFi which shows both sent and received when I first connect then stays there IP and subnet both set to doing an ipconfig renew produces the following quot The RPC server is unavailable quot The remote procedure call service is started when I look under services msc uninstalling and reinstalling devices does nothing doing a system restore does nothing I noticed earlier that trying to start windows firewall also produced an error A socket operation encountered a dead network Any help with this would be very much appreciated as this s only a borrowed laptop and is currently my only form of internet access Edit I forgot to mention that running both microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes had absolutely no effect either Edit I just tried entering the IP subnet default gateway info manually into the wireless connection s settings It connects and claims to work but I can t actually establish a connection with anything I can ping my own IP address but I cannot ping google or even the address of the laptop I m currently writing from And of course loading a web browser and attempting to access these pages results in the standard error Something major is obviously being blocked

A:net adaptors stuck at acquiring network address on all networks, windows firewall and internet not working

An update, of sorts.
I've resolved the problem after a few hours of fruitless searching and just a little bit of productiveness.
If you recall, I posted an error about windows firewall not working. I also discovered that the TCP/IP and network location awareness services were not starting due to an error 1075. The error description was as follows: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion.
I looked in the event viewer under system, and found the following:
Event
Date: 11/16/2011 Source: Service Control Manager
Time: 8:50:00 AM Category: None
Type: Error Event ID: 7003
User: N/A
Computer:HAMSTER
Description:
The Network Location Awareness (NLA) service depends on the following
nonexistent service: Afd
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Doing some research, I found that most people were able to fix their AFD service by going into device manager, clicking show hidden devices under view, finding the non plug and play devices catagory and finding AFD, then going to properties and clicking start. Sometimes it's apparently necessary to go to the driver tab and set startup to "system".
This applied to TCP/IP and a few other things as well.
I can't actually verify any of this information, because... well, AFB wasn't showing up in device manager. I looked on the second laptop just to be sure, and there it was, right at the top.
So now I knew exactly what was causing the problem, but had no idea how to fix it.
I took AFD.SYS from another laptop and copied it to c:\windows\system32\drivers, even though it already existed, just to make sure I had a clean copy. Then I started researching a fix for the fact that it didn't show up in device manager.
After several failed attempts, several useless removal tools and several successfully restrained thoughts of throwing the computer out a third story window, I finally had the bright idea of copying the registry key for the service and importing it. Thanks to online research, I knew the location of services to be HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
On the functional laptop, I opened regedit, navigated to the given section of the registry and right-clicked AFB, exporting it to AFB.reg which then went on my trusty flash drive.
From there, it was a simple matter of clicking the .reg file from the hosed computer and restarting.
It was one of those "I can't believe it worked, but it did!" moments.

I was surprised about the lack of information available on the internet. Doing a search for such things as "How to reinstall AFD service", "AFD missing from device manager", and other similarly worded terms brought up nothing entirely relevant.

Either way, I wanted to leave this here in case, by some chance, someone else has the same problem. I appear to be one of the only people to have the problem along with enough computer knowledge to fix it, so I'm assuming it's extremely rare.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428096/net-adaptors-stuck-at-acquiring-network-address-on-all-networks-windows-firewall-and-internet-not-working/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello!

I've got Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron 1520.

Every now and then I get this strange message after turning my laptop on:

HTML Code:
Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bcmwltry.exe
Application Version: 4.102.15.61
Application Timestamp: 45f8a9d0
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c015000f
Exception Offset: 000761b7
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=...
The odd thing is that my internet is still working well.
What do you think is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

A:Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has stopped working

follow the instructions on this Dell support page:

bcmwltry.exe error, pls help - DELL COMMUNITY

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214091-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My google searches are being redirect to various sites and i receive a error message saying "dell wireless wlan card has stopped working" but im still using my wireless internet just fine. They both started acting up after an ill advised download from a bit torrent site. I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it found some infections but did not do anything for me, then i scanned with avg anti-virus and it found nothing. (malwarebytes and avg anti-virus are the only anti virus software i have and are both fully updated)

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Basic
AMD Athlon 64 x2

Whenever im redirected i get 1 of 2 images in the address bar (see attachment)

A:Google redirects + Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller stopped working and was closed

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283792/google-redirects-dell-wireless-wlan-card-wireless-network-controller-stopped-working-and-was-closed/
Relevancy 43.86%

but yet laptops are able to connect to the wireless g router.

has anyone any idea why this may be and how i can get the main computer to connect to the internet?

thanks for any help

A:internet not connecting on desktop pc where desktop network pci card was installed...

If you provide some information about the "desktop", like the version/patch level of Windows, the indications in Device Manager for the NIC, etc. we might be able to help.

In addition, open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-connecting-on-desktop-pc-where-desktop-network-pci-card-was-installed.390929/
Relevancy 41.71%

My friend had been having some trouble with his graphics card it kept crashing during games and eventually seemed to burn out all together So he bought a new one When he installed it the network was gone he had to reinstall his network card drivers then he updated his graphics card drivers Everything seems peachy He loaded up starcraft II and the game crashes to desktop everytime He can t even select a mode to play So he uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them Now the game loaded at work dont' and same card network card time. the graphics up just fine and he can play BUT when network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. it loads up the network crashes and he has to reinstall the network drivers After the computer restarts he loaded up starcraft II and now it crashes again So it seems like everytime he updates the network drivers it screws up the graphics card and everytime he updates the graphics card drivers it network card and graphics card dont' work at the same time. screws up the network card I ve never heard of a problem like this so I m at a loss to help nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I have a "SanDisk Ultra CompactFlash" 4GB card and an internal card reader (HP desktop). When I insert the card into the reader, the green light above the slot turns on as if it recognizes the device, but it doesn't show up. Device Manager says that the driver is installed and working properly, and I have uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and restarted my computer. A system restore isn't really an option because it isn't my computer.

Any idea how I can fix this? Could it matter that I'm not on the Admin account on the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internal-card-reader-not-recognizing-card-driver-is-working-properly-674442.html
Relevancy 41.71%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My rig uses a Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless mini half-card. It reports the correct name except within the wireless network list. Instead of 6230 it reports 6320. I searched the registry to see if I could find the error, but nothing found. It's only a nuisance, and a minor one at that. Anyone else seen this? Any way I can correct it? See image below:

A:Network card name reporting incorrectly in wireless network list area

Can only suggest you may not be using the latest wireless driver, but if you are, it must be a typo in the signature file written into the card's firmware which can only be changed by the manufacturer and may be noticed by them in the next release.

If its working, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/211612-network-card-name-reporting-incorrectly-wireless-network-list-area.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a computer running Windows XP SP on an HP Pavilian a n stocked with an integrated Video Card and Sound Card I'm trying to upgrade my systems video Install Card New Stops Video Card and Sound Working card to a newer GeForce which works great with the computer once its drivers are installed The problem though is that my integrated sound card stops working and Windows begins asking asking for four quot high definition audio bus quot 's The original drivers are in my computers Install New Video Card and Sound Card Stops Working recovery but for some reason the sound driver is unrecognised by the device manager and even updated drivers from the manufactures HP Realtek don't do the trick Funny thing is when I remove the new video card and revert back the the original integrated video port the sound card begins to work again as if nothings been changed I've tryed multiple times the remove and reinstall the hardware but get the same outcome even tryed to introduce a non-integrated sound card and still no luck So if anyone has any clue as to what the fix might be I'm all ears

A:Install New Video Card and Sound Card Stops Working

Check in the Bios under chipset on the advanced tab make sure the integrated audio is still enabled after installing the video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/install-new-video-card-and-sound-card-stops-working-495632.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. I recenly purchased a Dell Dimension 3000 running XP. I connect to the internet using a Linksys Wireless-G (model WMP54GS). That works just fine. However, I got a new video card, a GeForce FX 5500 and when it's installed the wirless card doesn't really work. It struggles to find the network. If it does find it it generally won't connect. Once in a while I can get it to connect but that's not very common. Once I remove the video card the network works fine. I've tried installing a variety of drivers for both PCI cards. I've tried moving the cards to different slots and the results are always the same. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Thanks,
Matt

A:Wireless card stops working when video card is installed.

how is the power supply? Maybe adding the video card reduces the power enough to cause the nic to drop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-card-stops-working-when-video-card-is-installed.33441/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi folks This forum has been extremely helpful for me in the past so I'm testing your awesomeness unrelated card Inconsistent networking or problems, network to network once again I've had an Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card unusual networking problem for about a year and a half When browsing the web certain requests will just never complete on any browser Downloads are often interrupted anything larger than MB is nearly impossible Even large transfers between this machine and others on my local network will fail SCP connections will sometimes abort in the middle of a transfer It's quite inconsistent I don't have this problem for any particular resource Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card and the failure point is different every time If a particular page isn't rendering I can often go to my yahoo com which for some reason always seems to work and hit the back arrow and then the request will often complete normally Google is a little unique when I encounter this problem on Google I have to wait for the original requests to be aborted after about seconds before any further requests to Google will succeed I can't say exactly when it started but it was reasonably close to the time I updated a driver for my network adapter as instructed At the time I was on a wired network using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller adapter connecting through the wired port of an old Netgear router sorry I don't have the model number to cable broadband with NuVisions Since then I have changed just about everything except my motherboard I've disabled my old network adapter though it's still connected I'm on a wireless network using a Netgear WNDA N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter connecting through a Linksys E to Verizon FIOS Unfortunately nothing about my problem has changed I fear a motherboard issue but I don't know how to find out Can you please help

A:Inconsistent networking problems, unrelated to network or network card

Sorry, I didn't complete the checklist!

I have no anti-virus, security or firewall software. I've run numerous scans since the problem began, and they've always been clean.

Attached is the output from ipconfig /all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332865-inconsistent-networking-problems-unrelated-network-network-card.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm not sure if I'm trying to do the impossible but I'll explain the situation I have this roommate that is excessively consuming the majority of the networks bandwidth I've blocked all service ports except for and a few other ones used for every day card? limit a network with network speeds traffic to How task The problem is that he is still consuming a ton of How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? bandwidth I'm guessing by streaming or downloading through HTTP I have two WGR v router and a Realtek PCIe LAN card controller at my disposal I attempted to set QoS settings on what we will call Base Router That did not seem to do the trick because router QoS only blocks ports and slows upload speed Since that did not work I hid the SSID MAC filtered connections to the Base Router and then connected my computer to the Base Router and rebroadcasted the signal using a Secondary Router using a shared connection which I gave him access to The point of this was an attempt How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card? to control bandwidth through the Realtek LAN card I am not having any luck with this though I've set the adapter to Mbps at half duplex already Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look into for limiting bandwidth I want him to have Internet but not abuse it like he's doing because that is not what we agreed upon

A:How to limit network traffic speeds with a network card?

If you want to solve the issue using your existing equipment, you can try dd-wrt on one WGR614v10. See this thread (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WGR614v10 Support - Jump to post 9) which claims that there is a dd-wrt flash for WNR1000v3 which works on WGR614v10. Then look a thread like this (DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Steps for Permanently limit Bandwidth of a PC using DD-WRT ?) to setup the limits. You can start a new thread in those forums if you want someone to walk you thru the steps.

Or you can just buy a router/access point that has a bandwidth limiting feature for each SSID that it broadcasts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314446-how-limit-network-traffic-speeds-network-card.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm trying desperately to set up my network on Windows but have hit a bump in that it just cannot find my network I checked Device Manager Network Setup Card) Network (Belkin Cannot N1 Wireless to see if the card was found - it was with a troubleshoot exclamation point on it I removed the card used the installation disc and am not able to get very far After the install after which nothing happens I click on Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) the Belkin Wireless Networking Utility icon on the desktop and it says quot missing shortcut searching for Belkinwcui exe quot after Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) which I get a window saying quot The item Belkinwcui exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed of moved so this Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card) shortcut will no longer work properly quot That exe file isn't anywhere in my computer searching through Explorer In fact in the Belkin install folder Program Files x - gt Belkin - gt FSD v there just looks like maybe a driver AegisE dll and an application AegisI that doesn't run My next choice I guess is to take my PC upstairs and line it into my modem base station directly but I'd rather not move it Am I missing something Why won't this work How come I can't install my Wireless Card Please help if you can Thanks

A:Cannot Setup Wireless Network (Belkin N1 Network Card)

I'm experiencing an almost identical issue. I had the same problems with the installation disc. After multiple install / unistall / restarts I was able to get the client installed. However, when I click to open the .exe nothing happens.

On top of that, the system is not recognizing the card. I tried all 4 PCI slots with no success.

I installed this same card (same model, different physical card) on a pc running xp sp3 very easily. Since that was so easy I bought another card for my windows 7 machine.

However, I was lazy and didn't do any research. Before I came upon this forumn I found a couple of google links saying this card was incompatible with vista (therefore incompatible with w7?).

Any else out there get this card working?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30807-cannot-setup-wireless-network-belkin-n1-network-card.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Our internet service provider updated our internet speed from 100mbps to 1000mbps for no extra cost. We had a Netgear n150 wireless router but it wouldn't support the 1000mbps speed. We were told we needed to upgrade to a r6300 netgear router which is capable of 1000mbps. Now were are told we need to install an ethernet PCI network card or a network adapter. I am told we have to have a 2.0 port for the network adapter to work. It would be cheaper for us to install the internal Ethernet PCI Card, my problem is I don't know which one to buy. I know we need one that is rated 1000mbps, are these universal or will we have to buy one that fits each brand of computer?