Windows Support Forum

T410 Fan Error than Black Screen

Q: T410 Fan Error than Black Screen

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: T410 Fan Error than Black Screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T which I left outdoors overnight boot Pls help: Thinkpad T410 problem? Simple error after a BBQ No rain but likely some humidity nbsp Symptoms Initially screen remains black nothing happens Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error upon pressing power button However computer is still alive Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error since power button is shinin- After Unplugging reconnecting the CMOS battery cable machine booting showing following two errors after some Simple problem? Pls help: Thinkpad T410 boot error time Date and time error Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer Solution in the manual Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date System CMOS checksum bad Default configuration used Solution in the manual Charge the backup battery for more than hours by connecting the ac adapter Replace the backup battery and run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date nbsp I tried Removing The backup battery CMOS Replacing the backup battery CMOS - I bought a new oneBattery only running on DC-powerHDDRAM x DVD-driveKeyboardPower button discharge as suggested on various sites to discharge or whatever the power To press the power button times followed by pressing it for sec I tried to reset the time in the BIOS however I'm unable to navigate with the keys gt nothing happens when I try going up and down between the options with the keyboard - I tried pressing many keys simultaneously and I do get the familiar beep when you press a lot of keys randomly so the keyboard is working fine Then I noticed incidentally that the screen light goes up and down if I press the keys changing this meaning it's like the Fn function key is constantly pressed So I also tried cleaning the keyboard and removing the CTRL and Fn key but this didn't help either nbsp In fact my problem is identical to those in nbsp https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-T -and-prior-T-series T -Hangs-on-boot-up-screen td-p The solution there was to try pressing the GPU however its not dedicate one can't see that would help nbsp Many many thanks nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Simple-problem-Pls-help-Thinkpad-T410-boot-error/td-p/3363339
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I was trying to go thrue non working drivers and it popped up one bad thing acpi\pnpocof\1 dosent have a driver?? I don't have a clue what this is or I could fix it. Anyone please help win 7 pro 32 bit intel core 5 on a Lenovo thinkpad T-410 -2537

A:Get a error on laptop needs driver for acpi\pnpocof\1 Lenovo t410-2537

I recommend that you post in the Win 7 forum since this is a Vista forum.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302265-get-error-laptop-needs-driver-acpi-pnpocof-1-lenovo-t410-2537-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Really frustrated after buying Lenovo Y700 15ISK recently. All drivers updated even applied steps from this post but still randomly screen goes blank (Black screen) while the power is still on. Also observed that harddisk light blinking turns off too after this. Is it hardware related issue?Please help to resolve it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Error-Screen-goes-Blank-Black-Screen/td-p/3315813
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I m not sure if this is one virus or if my computer has somehow picked up several but it is pretty much completely screwed I can t access ANYTHING properly so i am posting this message from another computer This is what happens when I turn my computer on blank blue screen with program error message quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows quot if i click quot ok quot the message goes away and i am left with a blank blue screen and i have to reboot the computer if i don t click ok windows starts to load up an error screen, explorer.exe white about:blank screen, black looks normal at first but then another error message pops up the same one and the screen turns black and says some junk like quot Warning You re in danger quot and then some junk about spyware then a few seconds later another error message pops up and the screen turns white and says quot Active Desktop Recovery Microsoft Windows has experienced and unexpected error quot It gives me an option to quot click here to restore quot but nothing happens when i do click it and then another error message pops up and explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank the screen goes black again then another message and it goes white and so on I can t really open any programs properly because another error message will pop up and shut down the start menu before i get a chance to open anything I managed to run ad-aware and it found some problems that i cleaned up then spybot found nothing then i explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank rebooted explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank and was having the same problem so i rebooted in safe mode and scanned for spyware again and found nothing I somehow managed to run hijackthis and print the log so now i guess i ll have to type it up i might do some abbreviations Running processes c WINNT system smss exe but system is with a capital S csrss exe winlogon exe services exe lsass exe svchost exe spoolsv exe svchost exe but system is with a capital S regsvc exe MSTask exe tcpsvcs exe but system is with a capital S zonelabs vsmon exe WBEM WinMgmt exe but system is with a capital S MsPMSPSv exe svchost exe internat exe wuauclt exe C Program Files Telstra Signup tbpt exe Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe Quicktime qttask exe Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe iTunes iTunesHelper exe Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe iPod bin iPodService exe Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C winnt msmsgnce exe nvsvws exe C WINNT explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank okay this is killing me i am going to leave out stuff that i know is ok O - BHO no name - DEA E - ED- - - DC BEC F - C WINNT openwin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO sr - F A- D - c - C-B CF A - C WINNT msmsgnc dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run loader C WINNT loader exe O - HKLM RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - HKCU Run cmsound c winnt msmsgnce exe O - HKCU Run winltmpv c winnt nvsvwc exe O - HKCU RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Cl... Read more

A:explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank

Yes, you've got a few malware entries in there (a CoolWebSearch hijack, and a couple of trojans), though it's not going to be easy to remedy without seeing the complete HJT log. Can you possibly copy the log to floppy and then post it from the other computer?

What's the Windows OS?
eg. Is it Windows 2000 sp4? Or is it WinXP Pro sp2?

What version of HijackThis is it? v1.99.1 is the latest version.
Is HijackThis.exe running from a permanent folder, and not from within a zip file in a Temp folder?
This is important. Make sure HijackThis.exe is installed in eg.
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Re: your questions at the end of your post:
Don't worry about WINNT / winnt and System32 / system32
They are both exactly the same (whether smallcase or uppercase or a mixture).
svchost.exe is legitimate and is an integral part of Windows NT/2k/XP (Services Host).
It is normal to have multiple instances of it running.

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
AboutBuster
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1488 (tutorial)
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

You will need to unzip AboutBuster.zip to a folder on the good pc,
then open AboutBuster.exe
click the Update button
download the updates
then copy the entire AboutBuster folder over to the infected pc.
Download the attached cleanup.zip file.
The zip contains a .bat and a .reg file.
Unzip them and copy the .bat and .reg file over to the infected pc.
Make a copy of them on the desktop and in My Documents.
You could also run them both directly from a floppy.
However, don't run either just yet.
I will tell you what they do and when to use them later in the instructions below.

Boot into Safe Mode

Close all windows.

Run HJT scan again

Place a checkmark next to the following entries only
and click "Fix checked":

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R0- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

O2- BHO: (no name) - {4DEA7E54-68ED-4281-9087-5DC1BEC976F0} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O2- BHO: sr - {5742F79A-1D91-42c4-990C-B46CF55A6478} - C:\\WINNT\msmsgnc.dll

O4 - HKLM\...\Run: [loader32] C:\WINNT\loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[cmsound] c:\winnt\msmsgnce.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[winltmpv] c:\winnt\nvsvwc.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\ {FCFFAD89-8D48-49EC-BA2D-4703CF71009D}: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

O18- Filter: text/html- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O18- Filter: text/plain- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

Close HJT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-error-black-screen-white-screen-about-blank.338489/
Relevancy 54.18%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Here is the rundown blue screen screen and black error help of what happened in sequence maybe someone could help me When I started up my Toshiba black screen and blue screen error help laptop windows vista home premium -bit computer it booted until it got to the login screen Then a c error popped up preventing me to login I have attatched the image of the error I would have to click ok a black screen and blue screen error help few times for it to go away to login and I deleted the latest program I had on my computer which was a computer game When i turned on my computer the following day it appeared again so uninstalling the game did not fix it This time I decided to restart it again but this time it went to a black screen before the login screen So I restarted again in safe mode it would load the drivers and it would freeze before login on the black screen After restarting again I was prompted to do a system repair which I went ahead and did but my OS did not appear for the actual repair After it was finished it said it could not fix the problem So I restarted again and this time I decided to do a driver check and when the tests were done my computer went to the Blue screen of death then restarted Now it is just a pattern Now I tried F to no avail I have no vista disk Maybe someone knows how to fix it Get back to me as quick as you can nbsp

A:black screen and blue screen error help

what is on the bsod

run the dos diagnostic on the hard drive

http://storage.toshiba.com/storage-services-support/warranty-support/software-utilities

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-blue-screen-error-help.1078235/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Every one Iam glad to wish you all this morning iam screen black error.. here to share my problem with you Recently my pc black screen error.. Stuck with a problem I hope a best solution can be found here My problem is I use ASUS mother board recently my pc effected with a black screen error when two days back i started my pc i was shocked it is showing mother board logo and also bios but it is not displaying its desktop after starting the pc after a while it shows a blinking cursor in the black screen and suddenly jumps into full black screen where i can do nothing than restarting my system and stucking with the same problem there again and again i tryed to login into my system in safe mode when i did this is it displayed me a massage of five lines multi disk rdisk partition windows system ntr exe multi disk rdisk partition windows system multi disk rdisk partition windows system multi disk rdisk partition windows system multi disk rdisk partition windows system and it is not aloowing me to get into my system when i tried to format the pc it do not boot the same old problem it is entering into black screen and displays me nothing it will go till windows is configuring your hard ware components Plz could any body help me out Thanks in advance earlear response in appreciated

A:black screen error..

moved you to the correct forum

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-error-602257.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey Guys.
I Recently got an MSI R7 265 OC to replace my aging MSI HD R6770 Video Card.
Installation went smooth but here's the problem. Whenever i start my PC with the new video card the Monitor stays black and nothing shows up except a message that tells me to install LG Dual Package Software. The graphic cards fans and all other fans are moving. I cant even use my on board graphics or get into the BIOS.
However when i plug back my old card i don't get that message and can even use my on board graphics. I've been struggling since 2 days looking for help all over the interweb without any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

My Motherboard is Intel DH77-EB & Monitor is LG IPS224V & PSU is Corsair CX500

A:MSI R7 265 Black Screen Error

if you have integrated graphics, you have to plug you input from your monitor into the motherboard, then you should be able you use your on-board graphics, and boot into windows. (keep the gpu installed into the mobo). if you can boot into windows, find and install the newest drivers for the gpu, and any other software recommended, after that, you will most likely have to restart the pc anyways, so just shut it down, and move the output from the pc to monitor from your integrated spot, back to your gpu and then you should be able to use the gpu graphics. i do apologize in advance if it doesn't help, but seeing as how the problem is unsolved currently, maybe those who have had the issue don't have integrated, so the couldn't test the above step to see if it works

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/379306-msi-r7-265-black-screen-error.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hay all iam sry i dont know realy where to put my topic but i thinks these is the best category for it i have a proplem with my XP when i start my PC it starts normally till i log on to my user then a black screen extend for a second then i cant move the pointer or press any thing after 2~5 seconds the black screen is repeated again then i have to restart PC when i do so it works normally after i shutdown pc i have to repeat that .......i hope i can find a usefull answer please help.....notice i have resetuped the windowsEDIT: Moved from Mac O/S to XP ~ Hamluis.

A:how to get rid of black screen error

Is the cursor blinking at the upper left corner of the black screen?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320520/how-to-get-rid-of-black-screen-error/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys. Im having this huge problem with my computer. Im using win7 and it wont start. Right after it says welcome it goes to black screen and there pops up werfault.exe error msg. My task manager doesnt work either and the computer wont boot in safe mood. Same thing happens when i try. I dont have win7 cd... Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/werfault-exe-error-and-black-screen.1046360/
Relevancy 50.74%

I hope someone can help me I've read W/ Black Error Codes Screen many other posts about similar problems amp even though I'm a beginner it doesn't look good to me After Microsoft loads I get a black screen After a minute a window opens that says LogonUI exe application error The instruction at x ecf referenced memory at xbeefdead could not be read Click to terminate program Whether I try to terminate it or close the window another window will open This one says the same exact thing except for now it says WerFault exe application error This code also changes If I let it sit it keeps opening and amp closing these windows until I have to shut it down with the power button What I've tried Start in safe mode has the Black Screen W/ Error Codes same reult as starting normally I tried startuprepair amp diagnostics amp the only thing that did not come out as was root causes I attend an online college amp this is a disaster I am prepared to set it back to factory settings if I have to What else can I do If it comes to that can someone help me I don't have much sys info it's all inside the computer Duh It's Windows Vista Home Basic bit Athlon Processor I'm sorry this is so long but I wanted to give as much info as possible Thank-you to anyone that can take time out of their lives to help me

A:Black Screen W/ Error Codes

LogonUI.exe is what displays the User Interface so you can log in to your computer. With that being corrupt, as by your error message, your computer simply will not be able to display the UI for you to login; hence the blackscreen.

You said you ran the start-up diagnostic, however did you run the actual start-up repair? That should at least fix logonUI.exe.

As for werfault.exe I don't know what to tell you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-w-error-codes-568308.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello there, I am experiencing difficulties with an error that has seemingly come from nowhere. Here, in detail, is a description of the troubles occuring:

I push the power button to turn on my vista laptop. I am shown the compaq startup screen. Windows then begins to load in to the welcome screen where you can choose which profile to log into and such. After the initial load in is apparently finished nothing happens. I am taken to a black screen with nothing but a mouse cursor, and there is nothing i can do. Note: I am not logged in to a profile, this error occurs before I am able to access anything on my computer. Please read my issue in detail and let me know what is the problem and how I can go about fixing it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Help With Black Screen Error on Vista

Hi and welcome to TSF do you have a install or recovery disc from which you can try to run a repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-with-black-screen-error-on-vista-451808.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, thanks to all for taking the time to help, here is my problem;
My son's computer (windows xp sp3) got virus or spyware that was redirecting his browser to others web pages
including a pornsite (he is 12) by reading in the internet I suspect he got this thing in his pc by playing java games with java not updated.

Hes friend recommended him a program named ComboFix which look like it took care of the problem but few days later the thing came back again and now when the pc boot there is only a black screen with a error that disappear so fast that I took a picture of the screen with my camera and the error goes like this:

Thanks again for your help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runtime-error-black-screen.728618/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am getting black screen when at the time of system startup that time it asks to close or ignore that message.
And whenever i plugin USB drive it shows shortcut of every folder and when i try to copy file from USB it wont copy any data.
Please help me to remove this VB script malware. 

A:Black screen with aiasfacoiaksf.vbs error

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems. Before we move on, please read the following points carefully: My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.Step 1Please run a FRST scan. This will help us diagnose your problem.Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.(If you are not sure which version (32-/64-bit) applies to your system, download and try to start both of them as just the right one will run.)Start FRST with administator privileges.Make sure the option Addition.txt is checked and press the Scan button.When finished, FRST will produce two logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste these logs in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575452/black-screen-with-aiasfacoiaksfvbs-error/
Relevancy 50.74%

So i was creating paritions on a USB error Black screen boot on up with and lost power to my system during this When i turned the desktop back up and attempted to allow it to normally boot to Windows it came to a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner Black screen on boot up with error and does nothing nbsp When i attempt to boot my other OS system that i was partitioning on my usb it comes up with an error Wrriten exactly as shown on screen nbsp Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright C - Intel Corporation nbsp This product is covered by one or more of the following patents nbsp US nbsp US nbsp US nbsp US nbsp US and US nbsp Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v PXE-E Media test failure check cable nbsp PXE-M F Exiting PXE ROM nbsp - nbsp Now i tried another option which was to go into boot options and attempt to boot from the windows boot i had but that is no longer there I cant seem to boot from the recovery point on the hard drive either so im stumped for options and i really need this nbsp up and working to continue my training im doing nbsp To further add when i brought the computer from PC WORLD they never supplied a recovery disk with the system so they have kinda screwed me over big time nbsp Any help would be grately appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Black-screen-on-boot-up-with-error/td-p/5752417
Relevancy 50.74%

I don't know where this goes so please move this if I placed this incorrectly Please Note Youtube has not been able to fix Youtube Black Error Screen this problem I have never encountered this problem until now Things I did Before Turning here for Help I've uninstalled Java and Reinstalled it I've uninstalled Flash Player and Reinstalled it I've cleared my browsing history for ALL browsing Websites I've launched Internet Explorer - With no Success I've launched Mozilla Firefox I've launched Google Chrome Now you know the basis Youtube Black Screen Error of my solutions and how successful they are I don't know if this helps but I've been able to sample a bit of the video with some Java Info I think Here it is lt DOCTYPE html PUBLIC quot - WAPFORUM DTD XHTML Mobile EN quot quot http www wapforum org DTD xhtml-mobile dtd quot gt lt html xmlns quot http www w org xhtml Youtube Black Screen Error quot dir quot ltr quot gt lt head gt lt meta http-equiv quot Content-Type quot content quot text html charset utf- quot gt lt meta name quot viewport quot content quot width device-width initial-scale maximum-scale quot gt lt title gt YouTube - RE secret gun lt title gt lt link rel quot icon quot href quot http s ytimg com yt m favicon-vflZlzSbU ico quot type quot image x-icon quot gt lt link rel quot shortcut icon quot href quot http s ytimg com yt m favicon-vflZlzSbU ico quot type quot image x-icon quot gt lt style type quot text css quot gt lt CDATA a link a visited a hover color CC text-decoration none gt lt style gt lt script type quot text javascript quot gt lt CDATA if typeof ytm quot undefined quot var ytm ytm startTime new Date getTime ytm iref ytm nextiref gt lt script gt lt head gt lt body style quot color font-size px font-family sans-serif margin background-color fff quot gt lt table width quot quot cellspacing quot quot gt lt tr gt lt td valign quot top quot style quot padding px px px font-size quot gt lt img src quot http s ytimg com yt m mobile img pic ytlogo x -vflqOLiic gif quot alt quot YouTube logo quot width quot quot height quot quot style quot border margin px quot gt lt a id quot top quot gt lt a gt lt td gt lt td align quot right quot valign quot middle quot style quot padding-right px quot gt lt span style quot color font-weight bold quot gt L Kid lt span gt lt td gt lt tr gt lt table gt lt div style quot margin-left px margin-right px quot gt lt form id quot searchForm quot action quot results gl US amp amp hl en amp amp client mv-google quot method 'get' style quot padding px quot gt lt div gt lt input name quot gl quot type quot hidden quot value quot US quot gt lt input name quot client quot type quot hidden quot value quot mv-google quot gt lt input name quot hl quot type quot hidden quot value quot en quot gt lt input accesskey quot quot name quot q quot type quot text quot size quot quot maxlength quot quot style quot color padding font-family sans-serif width quot value quot quot gt lt input type quot submit quot name quot submit quot value quot Search quot style quot padding color black margin-top px font-size quot gt lt div gt lt form gt lt div gt lt hr size quot quot noshade 'noshade' color quot quot style quot width height px margin px padding color background border none quot gt lt div style quot margin-left px margin-right px quot gt lt div style quot border-top none margin px padding-top px text-align left quot gt lt div dir quot ltr quot style quot font-weight bold padding-bottom px quot gt RE secret gun lt div gt lt table gt lt tr valign quot top quot gt lt td align quot left quot width quot quot gt lt a href quot rtsp v cache c youtube com CjYLE video gp quot gt lt img src quot http i ytimg com vi BEIzg IXk I hqdefault jpg w amp amp h amp amp sigh E m Py Y-gzdPdrvMEhwgaRfrE quot alt quot video quot width quot quot height quot quot style quot border quot gt lt a gt lt td gt lt td gt lt div style quot font-size px quot gt lt div style quot font-size padding-left px text-align left quot gt lt div g... Read more

A:Youtube Black Screen Error

Hello,

I have moved your Thread in Microsoft XP Support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/youtube-black-screen-error-585472.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I bought my son a used laptop (windows 7, HP Compaq 6735s) about 3 weeks ago. It worked fine until the other day. He went to turn it on...comes up on a black screen and it says "non-system disk on disk error replace and strike any key when ready". I have no idea how to fix it. I looked here but didn't see anything to match this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-disk-error.1164341/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys So i was on my computer and went to log into Starcraft As that happened my PC Froze I decided to cold boot it because Startup then Black Screen Error I could not do anything When I started it up I noticed the mother board splash screen had these barcode scanline things vertical going down but it was only on that splash screen I was taken to the quot Launch start up repair quot that did nothing because as soon as it was done repairing it tried running windows and got stuck on a black screen after you see the windows logo go away I am not sure what at ALL could be the cause of this boot issue Please help me try to figure this out I am on win AMD X Nvidia GS Gigs of Ram Asus M nE Startup Error then Black Screen mobo Let me know if there is anything else that I could provide I would say the only other thing would be that all of the lights Startup Error then Black Screen keyboard mouse stay on once the computer gets stuck again on this black screen Also I went into the BIOS and the scanlines are in there as well FYI This is not a newly built computer and has been running fine for a while Any help I am grateful for Thanks n

A:Startup Error then Black Screen

Going to try changing out the GFX card... maybe it burned out ... will update after... please post if you have other suggestions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-error-then-black-screen-541293.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there, my problem is Im getting a black screen with an error message when I start up my computer that says " non-system or error disk, Replace and strike any key when ready".

I think this happen when I did a system restore couple times. The system restore was not responding so I had to unplug the cord from the back of my computer to turn it off. I tried to do the system restore again.. and same thing happen I was stuck..once again I unplug the cord to turn it off..When I turn it back on that's what I get a black screen with an error message.

I think I caught a virus that's why I did the system restore in the first place. Anyways, Im running a window XP , compaq. I will really appriciate any help you guys can give me. Thank you very much.

A:Black screen with error message

If you have access to a working computer with XP and an available XP CD, then you can make the Ultimate Boot CD 4 Windows which is short as this; "UBCD4WIN", and is found here; http://ubcd4win.com/index.htm , and click on the link for How to Build, for more information about that bootable disk.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-error-message.919927/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all, I have an Acer Ferrari 3200 running xp service pack 2. It was working fine until the other day when I switched iton it went through all the usual windows things then when it would have show the users, the screen went black and I got LOAD ERROR, press any key to continue. I pressed a key but still got the same message.
I have tried doing a complete reinstall all went ok until I had to reboot and it did the same thing LOAD ERROR press any key to continue.

Any ideas please.

Regards

Phil

A:Black screen Load error

Fitted a new hard drive and reinstalled from Acer discs. Now seems to be working ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-load-error-302177.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I was playing on unreal tournament 2004, then the next thing i knew the screen went tottaly black and was just a blank blue screen.
i restarted the computer and when i got back on it said the system had recoverd from a serious error.

here is the error signature:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F79302CC BCP3 : F7C7D990
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blue-screen-error.365544/
Relevancy 50.74%

my laptop screen has been going blank at random times for no apparent reason It s not in sleep mode and the screen didn t shut off I m not sure if the computer is still responsive but i tried starting windows shutdown with the power button but it didn Screen system goes black error + t work so the only way to fix it Screen goes black + system error is by forcing the power off I ve also been getting this system warning in the event viewer a lot Code A corrected hardware error has occurred Component AMD Northbridge Error Source Corrected Machine Check Error Type Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information im not sure if its connected to the screen problem or not i googled it and other forums said it my be something with the motherboard or the power supply but i don t have the same problems as the other people had specs gateway m u cpu amd turion x Ghz dual core ati radeon hd OS windows ultimate EDIT okay it seams my whole system freezes when the screen goes black also i noticed that that the screen sometimes flickers once now well not the monitor just everything on the screen the backlight stays the same nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-system-error.149066/
Relevancy 50.74%

well im running windows vista Home Edition on a Sony Vaio VGN-N L W my prob is that for about - weeks when i try to start my computer i get this black screen with this message quot SMART failure Predicted on Hard Disk Hitachi HTS SA Warning Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive Afailure my be imminent press F to continue quot well since then i havent been able to find the problem and my computers has been freezing and acting crazy i Error Go Away!!!! Black Wont Screen had a few probs b and had to format my comp so i tried to format it and the screen never goes away i looked around for the hitachi drive and located it but what do i do now since this problem i get quot com surrogate failure quot errors and quot crcdisk quot error messages every min im lost i dont want to take the comp in Black Screen Wont Go Away!!!! Error because its working now but its just a matter of time until its screwed up again but im sure with the knowlege u guys have u can help me out so at this point i just formatted my comp AGAIN and still the screen comes up nd i have to push f to get into the comp please help nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I hope someone can tell me if my computer s problem is survivable Please Yesterday my desktop was running just fine and I shut it down Black and Error Codes Screen just like usual Black Screen and Error Codes When I turned it on this morning after the Dell and Microsoft screens finished the screen stay s black but a small window opens up and gives error codes The first window has LogonUI exe application error on the border and in the middle says quot The instruction x ecf referenced memory at xbeefdead could not be read Click ok to terminate the program quot Whether I terminate the program try to close the window or just let it run the window comes back up only this time it Black Screen and Error Codes says WerFault exe on the border and the code x ecf at xbeefdead etc The codes in red change with each new window This process keeps repeating until I have to shut the computer off on the tower I m sorry I don t have my sys info since I m on my laptop I never printed that info from my desktop Big mistake Thanks in advance to everyone that answers I ll also thank you then nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-and-error-codes.992710/
Relevancy 50.74%

Please help I have an HP A N desktop puter and as soon as I try to start it I get a black screen with error loading OS and that is all I have tried starting using F F amp F but OS) (error Black Screen loading cannot get it to do anything Originally it had Win XP as the OS had to Black Screen (error loading OS) instal Win XP Pro aprox - years ago from a friend It worked fine till aprox a month ago and all of a sudden it came up with the black screen Is there anything available from somewhere other than HP as they claim it isn't avail thru them I cannot afford to buy a new OS or new tower so if I can't find something i'm without a system For now I am borrowing a laptop from my daughter but it is only temporarily Thanks in advance for any and all help Harry PS if of any use please contact me via e-mail or post a reply here

A:Black Screen (error loading OS)

I removed your personal Email address to avoid you getting spam. People can Personal Message you here anonymously.
Boot off of the XP CD or restore disc and get to the Recovery Console here type chkdsk /R and press enter. the Check Disk utility will try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-error-loading-os-563085.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 50.31%

[XLDR] ATA ERROR MESSAGE Black Screen HELP!!

I have windows XP on a Dell Inspiron E1505

PLEASE HELP!

A:[XLDR] ATA ERROR MESSAGE Black Screen HELP!!

Often all that's required is to fix the master boot record on the hard drive. Instructions here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/fix-mbr-xp-vista/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xldr-ata-error-message-black-screen-help.1069094/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have a Dell Latitude laptop.  It was working perfectly fine until the next morning I went to sign in and it had a disk read error.  I restarted and would not allow any other activity.  I have done a F12 reboot/ diagnostics which stated it did not find any errors.  What do you think is going on with this laptop? what should be my next step of troubleshoot? Also, is there a way to extract saved documents from the hard drive in its error state?

A:Disk read error to Black screen

It sounds like bad sectors, which the quick diagnostics won't always pick up.  Run the quick diagnostics and at their completion, boot to the Dell 32-bit diagnostics and run a surface scan of the drive (this will take up to a couple of hours).
To recover data, remove the drive from the system and mount it into a 2.5" USB external drive case (about $10).  Attach to a working system and copy your data files to the working system's hard drive for backup.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683050
Relevancy 50.31%

error message that says : <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
file is missing or is corrupt and needs to be replaced.
What the heck?? I replaced the file and then it gave me another same message on a new file regarding the system config file??
Anyone know how to get my desktop back??
Dave

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bootup-error-message-with-black-screen-41048.html
Relevancy 50.31%

What could mess up an error message displayed at bootup in Win7 which overlays with black what used to be able to be read?

What happens with this now is the error message is delayed by almost five minutes. I thought
that clicking the mouse around on the black area was somehow triggering the screen option which asks about a "to do later" selection but now I think it is something in screen handling.

The other odd element was with Aero loaded two Start buttons one overlayed with another would appear
lower screen left.

I have no accounting for this odd behavior but would avoid reinstall since the repair functions
in Win7 never work right. In XP the repair routine always would reinstall the OS satisfactorily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/402325-black-screen-overlay-error-message.html
Relevancy 50.31%

error message that says : <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
file is missing or is corrupt and needs to be replaced.
What the heck?? I replaced the file and then it gave me another same message on a new file regarding the system config file??
Anyone know how to get my desktop back??
Dave

A:black screen and error message on bootup..

do a repair install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-and-error-message-on-bootup-41125.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I cant get my computer to boot into safe mode by pressing f8 on startup so I changed the setting in msconfig. The computer turns on but I get a black screen. The monitor was working fine until I tried this.

I have tried windows cd but cannot see any thing on the screen to select repair. Is there a way to remotely change msconfig back? I can access the network through another computer but do not see any options there. I was trying to remove a malware program in safe mode when all this happened.

any help is appreciated.

A:WIndows boot error black screen

Can you boot into BIOS?

Cause if you can, just put in your install DVD and run Setup from that, then see if you can do a system restore or if msconfig runs from cmd (by typing in start msconfig)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356362-windows-boot-error-black-screen.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all,

My friend recently purchased an HP Laptop with Vista Home Premium installed. I do not know all the specs, but he said when he booted up his PC it would go through POST and show the start up of Vista normally. Once it got to his desktop everything would be be black, no output. He still had input because the mouse cursor worked fine and hitting the caps lock key on the KB lit on/off. Now, when he powered the machine down the desktop would briefly show, and he saw on the botttom right "Java Script Plugin Error". He left the laptop alone and went back to it 2 days later and the desktop displayed in front of him as if nothing was wrong.

I told him to run a virus scan and he was FLOODED with spyware. Is this a known virus on vista? a problem with the OS?

Thank You!!

A:Interesting Error-- Black Screen Of Death

1) Get rid of the viruses here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/2) If the black screen still persists (after the virus removal), try Startup Repair: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/repair-windows-with-windows-startup-repair/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132618/interesting-error-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 50.31%

hye..anybody can help me..after i startup my laptop this morning..suddenly my screeb become black and show the word 'windows error recovery"..why?can anybody help me to fix this problem..i dont have any windows 7 disc,,so i cant do a system repair..so what must i do?

A:black screen.windows error recovery

Quote: Originally Posted by mie333

hye..anybody can help me..after i startup my laptop this morning..suddenly my screeb become black and show the word 'windows error recovery"..why?can anybody help me to fix this problem..i dont have any windows 7 disc,,so i cant do a system repair..so what must i do?

Do you have a recovery dvd?
Try booting into safe mode (F8)
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84365-black-screen-windows-error-recovery.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Good morning -

My computer has been what I call shutting it's self down daily (some time multiple times) - the power shows on but I can't get the screen to show anything other than black.  I then will need to hold the power button down until it goes off (maybe 10-15 seconds) and then restart it.  When I restart it I get a message that windows did not shut down properly and do I want to start normally or in safemode.  It then can take 5-10 minutes to restart.

Help please!

Not sure if any of these helped but last night :
I did run Malwarebytes and had 54 items removed the first time and then I reran it and it removed 4 more.
I downloaded Avast and ran a full scan - I think it found 3 things
Ran combofix

Thanks!
Holly

A:black screen daily and error message

Hi,
What is the current state of the system? Running well, still have problems,? Also, what are the hardware and software specs?
Thansk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545049/black-screen-daily-and-error-message/
Relevancy 50.31%

Having two problems with my PC old custom built with ASUS motherboard running Windows XP SP and not sure if they are related About a week ago I noticed that my system clock 0x0000008E Black Error STOP: Screen would be about minutes behind when the computer was first turned on in the evening An internet time sync corrected the problem for the rest of the evening I got a black screen of death last night after the computer had been running normally for at least a couple of hours It reported that windows had detected a serious problem and had shut down to prevent the loss of data The exact error code was STOP x E xC D x xF B x It was followed with a message about preparing a memory dump I hit the front panel reset button after waiting about seconds The monitor went black and started to blink its own quot No Video input please check connections quot error box every few seconds Usually if I shut the computer down with the monitor still on the monitor will display the message for a few seconds and then go into standby with a black screen I didn t get any kind of POST beep but the hard drive activity light was blinking like the computer was booting up normally I killed the AC power and called it a night The same thing happened when I tested everything from a cold start this morning Any suggestions as to Black Screen Error STOP: 0x0000008E what I should be checking this evening when I get home We have other computers that I can use to get on TSG - Did my battery go dead and I lost all my BIOS settings - Should I try another video controller card I believe that the computer uses a separate card but will double check tonight I have some old cards I can use for testing - Should I try removing some of the RAM and or try reseating it - Did my motherboard go belly up - Did a loose one of the outputs from the PSU - Black Screen Error STOP: 0x0000008E Did I get hit with some variant of the HaxDoor virus I was running an updated Macafee AV bundle nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi this is my first post here Thanks in advance to anyone checking this thread out or offering help I really appreciate it Recently specifically since days ago I have been experiencing sudden monitor blackouts when playing a video game Shortly after the black screen the computer restarts itself This occurs without warning of any sort The game is nothing restart screen Black sudden Error, the computer can't handle and I even had all the settings down to lowest for extra measure Path of Exile in case anyone is curious So the blackout-restart thing occured a few more times before I decided to do a system recovery I used Dell Backup and Recovery Manager to restore it to the way it was years ago by accident That was when it was first unboxed and installed with W That means I currently have free space Even then the black screen restart thing still happened The problem still wasn't fixed The only bright side is that my computer runs faster now So far it only occured when I was playing that game but I feel that will change soon So I came here for help Here is the error message followed by details to the problem Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown Problem details Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFF FFBDC BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users EFG AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Here are my system specs Manufacturer Black screen Error, sudden restart Dell Model Precision T Processor Intel Xeon CPU E Ghz Ghz RAM GB GPU Quadro workstation Type bit I'll also attach some relevant files Only one can be uploaded here The other is too large nbsp WER- - Black screen Error, sudden restart sysdata xml nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Thanks again

A:Black screen Error, sudden restart

Welcome,
If the shutdowns only happen when you are playing that game I suspect that there might be a heat problem. The system shuts itself off without warning or error message in those cases.
Make sure that your OS, programs, drivers and security program are up to date. See if any other activity, other than playing a game, will shut the system down.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566494/black-screen-error-sudden-restart/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a ATI ATI/AMD black Card screen Graphics error, AMD Graphics Card on my Dell ATI/AMD Graphics Card error, black screen Studio and the chip has become faulty design fault from manufacturer Now the screen display is black and does not come on Temporary workaround I am using I plugged in my separate VGA monitor to the laptop and using it I switched on my laptop and after the Windows startup logo the computer would crash and restart and repeat So I managed to get into Safe Mode and from there under Device Manager I roll-backed my ATI AMD driver to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Then I restarted the Laptop normally not Safe Mode and the laptop DID NOT crash it made it to the logon screen and I got in Problem So now I have my VGA Monitor plugged in to the laptop and using it I am able to boot up windows normally While the laptop is on if I unplug the monitor the Laptop Screen stays black nothing happens When I plug it back in I get this error that says Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is not compatible with your display I'm assuming it means my laptop screen since it's a Full HD resolution whereas my VGA monitor is half that resolution What I need help with Is there any other driver I can install apart from ATI AMD which will allow my Laptop Screen to work I want to bypass the ATI AMD Graphics card completely as it's faulty and maybe somehow use Windows one just like the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is currently doing UPDATE I do not mind using a smaller resolution on my Laptop Screen I can learn to live with that as long as I can get it working Is this possible at all or am I stuck with my VGA Monitor attached to my laptop Sorry for the long question

A:ATI/AMD Graphics Card error, black screen

I don't think a different driver would help with the laptop's screen. It sounds like a hardware problem, especially if, as you say, the chip has gone bad. It looks like the problem exists somewhere between the video card and the laptop screen, but it still allows you to use an external monitor.

You could boot without the external monitor and shine a light on the laptop's screen to see if there is anything there. If there is, that rules out the graphics card. It would be the actual screen backlight that is at fault.

Is there any chance that this laptop is still under warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/318867-ati-amd-graphics-card-error-black-screen.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Screen randomly goes black then comes back on, no message saying display driver has stopped working. Happens every 10-15 minutes. Fresh install of windows 7 too. Anyone has this problem before? Should I try re-seating GPU?

A:Screen goes black for a second then back on without any error messages

ok so its not ever 10-15, just went 2 hours without it happening, wasn't doing anything GPU intensive, reading my mail..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/323049-screen-goes-black-second-then-back-without-any-error-messages.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Everytime I turn my pc on I get this message in a black screen.

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Then it gives me 1 option to hit R key to "repair" it. Im sure they want me to restore everything.

Then I ignore it and reboot about 5 times and finally my pc starts up. Why is this happening and is there a way to remove this annoyance? Thank You Tech Guys!

Relevancy 50.31%

This problem is been happening for some time now. I have not used this computer for a while. I update the Geforce driver and also all the window updates. I ran malware check and antivirus scans everything comes up clean. What can I do to solve this issues, I am at a loss and our local Microcenter Tech group says everything checks out. The screen will go black then may or may not pop back up. If it does pop back up there is a error message that says Video Driver Kernel error version 358.91 or the computer will reboot then post a message that it recovered for a system error. Any help on this would be great. Thank you.

A:Screen goes black and sometimes comes back with kernel error

That error seems to indicate a known problem with nVidia drivers.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597019/screen-goes-black-and-sometimes-comes-back-with-kernel-error/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I m having a problem that only happens when running a MMORPG but think the game itself is not the cause My pc pc screen: stop freezes/black error? is older almost years I know I should upgrade asap dell XPS gen pentium extreme HT ghz GB RAM win XP professional service pack The vid card I am using is RADEON X XT The problem is when I often start the PC there pc freezes/black screen: stop error? is a noticeably rattling sound which I assume is the fan After a few minutes it usually goes away or becomes a lot more quiet Is the fan going out or pc freezes/black screen: stop error? is this just a case of overheating perhaps When I m browsing or playing music watching videos the PC never freezes However when I run the game it will completely freeze and after a few seconds the monitor turns completely black and the green light on the monitor becomes yellow Sometimes I ll hear a slight screetch noise that accompanies the freeze Before it freezees sometimes I will see a yellow triangle with exclamation mark that appears in the desktop tray but when i move the pointer over it or try to right click it it disappears I did google what this could be and saw it might be a driver issue under hidden devices I don t think it s a case of spyware malware virus since I do have AVG malware bytes spybot ad-aware installed and run scans regularly I have also used combofix to get rid of one problem I did have in the past that was completely unrelated to this current problem Any help would be greatly appreciated I will post a hijackthis if necessary or anything this problem is very annoying Thank you

A:pc freezes/black screen: stop error?

Well...I find your post confusing .

<<I'm having a problem that only happens when running a MMORPG, but think the game itself is not the cause.>>

<<The problem is when I often start the PC, there is a noticeably rattling sound which I assume is the fan. After a few minutes it usually goes away or becomes a lot more quiet.>>

Noises...generally indicate hardware problems, with a fan being the logical candidate, IMO. This statement appears to contradict your statement that it "only happens when running...".

<<Before it freezees sometimes I will see a yellow triangle with exclamation mark that appears in the desktop tray, but when i move the pointer over it or try to right click it it disappears.>>

I have no clue why anything would cause disappearing icons.

<<I don't think it's a case of spyware/malware/virus....I will post a hijackthis if necessary...>>

If it's not a malware problem, a HJT log should not even be considered...and it would not be posted in this forum, since this forum does not deal with malware.

It's possible, IMO, that you have multiple problems...a failing fan can lead to overheating...I suppose that malware could be responsible for your phantom icon.

Do you have any Symantec/Norton products installed?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389751/pc-freezesblack-screen-stop-error/
Relevancy 50.31%

A few weeks ago, my computer broke and I was going to have it get fixed, but the repairman never came. Something happened when I was not at my computer that caused it to crash and shut down. When I got home, I went to my computer and saw it was off. I turned it on and immediately windows launched into startup repair. It started automatically repairing so I let it go through. After it finished, there was a black screen. I let the black screen sit there for a while but it stayed a black screen. I turned it off and tried again, but it produced the same result every time.

How do I fix this? I have no specs to provide because I did not record any down when I had the computer. I wish not to reinstall windows and lose all my files. I also do not have a windows installation disc.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have HP Protect Smart Pavillion Laptop. Sometimes its screen become black but laptop is still running. I press mouse button & keyboard button but its not wake up. Then I have to switch off from power button & start it back then it is okk but after few time again black error.I performed these troubleshooting steps:-1.Check power settings-Ok2.Keyboard setting from device manager-Ok3.Windows repair-Ok4.Memory test-Ok5.Hard disk test-OK6.Disk Cleanup & Disk Defragment-OK7.Malware scan-Ok8.Antivirus Full System Scan-Ok But problem is still same. If anyone have solution please tell me.Because I am in trouble. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Protect-Smart-Black-Screen-Error/td-p/5726297
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone Here's my problem and i'm hoping one of you guys can help I have Vista error, black cursor explorer screen and Ultimate running on a explorer error, black screen and cursor home media PC and everything was fine until yesterday Switched on the Pc went through Bios message and loading as normal passed vista welcome screen and circle and then an error appeared - quot explorer error, black screen and cursor Explorer has encountered a problem explorer error, black screen and cursor - send or don't send a report quot I clicked don't send and rebooted samething happened and i rebooted two or three times and on the th time no message appeared just the black screen and cursor I can move the cursor and can hear everything working in the background including my VFD If i ctrl alt del all the normal options apear - quot switch user quot quot log off quot quot task Manager quot etc I tried starting in safe mode and the same thing happened I tried system restore through the command prompt in Safe mode and although it went through the motions after rebooting the same thing - Black screen and cursor I opened the task manager and went to new task and tried system restore with a different date - Again it went through the motions and returned to the same black screen I've tried opening regedit and checking the shell is set to explorer exe under winlogin and it was I've also read on google to end the explorer process in task manager and restart it but i don't have explorer exe running as a process I can open the outlook wizard by selcting new tak in the task manager and typing outlook exe but it wont load winmail I've also read that is is something that microsoft has done to try and stop pirated copies of vista Basically Chaps - i'm at a loss - I have some important files i need off the system and don't know what to try next Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated

A:explorer error, black screen and cursor

Hello Mancity Matt

Try Startup Repair

If that does not work the problem might be more serious.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=946532

In this case you would first have to slave the drive in another machine to rescue your data/files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-error-black-screen-and-cursor-275661.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Greetings, new member and I hope this is the right Forum. I have recently been plagued with a black screen and in most cases, recovery with error message. This appeared to happen when playing games, however, I noticed it is now happening randomly just surfing the web. Perhaps someone can put in on the right path? Here is the message in the reliability section:

Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA801475E010
BCP2: FFFFF88006B9F6BC
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:Black Screen, then recovery with Error message.

Please provide the required data.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373475-black-screen-then-recovery-error-message.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok this started a few weeks ago while playing SWTOR all of a sudden out of no where my screen flashes black and quot windows blue quot and back black or times then just freezes no mouse no keyboard nothing my Black no error proof or any screen, freeze, computer is right at a year old I have an FX- and during these times its running at about - C max is C and at most around on or more cores there is nothing I can come up with why this is happening no reports no error codes everything seems to be running as good as day one I regularly clean the computer of dust atleast every other month When this happens I Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof am forced to do a hard shutdown start up until today has been very usual but today after it got to login screen it automatically bypassed my PW and logged me in and then crashed Confused and Scared its the MB or VC GTX Ti cant remember how to find out MB info Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof but ill get back to it asap

A:Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof

not to mention when it freezes to the black screen its got like little white lines randomly throughout the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336492-black-screen-freeze-no-error-any-proof.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Turned computer on, and it gave me error 'Unmountable Boot', said it was preparing self repair. Now screen is black and have been for 20 minutes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Gives-error-of-Unmountable-Boot-now-screen-is-just-black/td-p/5650640
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello A couple of days ago I went into my system s Bios and made all settings optimized to default I shouldn t have done this but I thought it might help my computer s performance It only made things worse So last night I went into Bios again but there was one problem I was drunk I didn t see any improvements in my computer s performance so I decided to see what increasing my cpu Mhz would do I set it from to since it showed that the max was I saved and exited and when it restarted I got a message and an offset screen resolution saying quot Warning Overclock performance failure Press any key to continue quot So I hit a key and nothing happened So I shut off my Performance Error/Black Screen Overclock computer Now everytime I turn it on the computer powers up but the monitor stays black I know there is nothing wrong with my monitor since it is still new Anyone know what I should do it was a computer that was built for me by an old friend Here are Overclock Performance Error/Black Screen the only specs I know by heart MSI motherboard AMD Athlon X Nvidia GT Gb Ram Gb Hard Drive space nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

My Toshiba Satillite A205-S7456 with Vista home premium will not boot, when I try it gives me Black Screen and error 0xc00000034 tried safe boot, repair disk nothing works, I need help please.

Relevancy 50.31%

I restarted my computer normally through Windows and when it was booting back up after the BIOS messages and everything at the place where the Windows XP logo normally displays instead a Black help Drive - error screen Hard black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left is displayed The cursor goes away after a few seconds I'm pretty sure this is a hard drive issue When the black screen with the cursor first appears I also hear a single short beep I loaded the XP disk and Black screen - Hard Drive error help did Repair and ran CHKDSK p It said it found an error so I ran CHKDSK r and after a couple of hours when it finished i ran p again and it didn't find any Black screen - Hard Drive error help errors I tried booting again to the hard drive but I got the same error Also when I call dir from the recovery console on C my folder structure is all there Does that mean it's likely my data hasn't been lost I have an IDE Samsung GB HDD I still haven't tried running fixboot from the recovery console but I wasn't sure if that would mess up my hard drive in some way Does anybody know how to fix this I'm really worried the hard drive is corrupted and I'll lose all my data

A:Black screen - Hard Drive error help

I connected the hard drive as a slave under another computer, and it booted up and I was able to see the file system is intact.

The only thing is, under Documents and Settings of my slave HDD, the folder with my username that has all my documents says its size is 0. And when I try to double click it I get an access denied error. Is it only saying the folder data size is 0 because I can't access it? Or did I somehow lose all my data under My Documents? How can I change the security settings so I have access to it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-hard-drive-error-help-496837.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm stumped with this and need help I'm running a Dell Studio laptop with Vista Service Pack I can login normally but instead of going to my desktop it takes me straight to Safe Mode black screen with movable cursor and a window that says quot Windows Boot Error quot No error code The next window it gives me asks to scan the hard drive and the file system If I choose quot Yes quot it scans then comes back and tells me there is a hard disk screen, Vista error SP2: boot black error and I need to download the following updates It gives me no list of updates If I click quot Yes quot to the download the window goes away and it does nothing If I click quot No quot on either of these windows it waits three seconds and then brings the window back up starting from the quot scan hard drive and file system quot window If I clear the windows I can use the -shift quot Sticky Keys quot window to get into my Windows Explorer but only at five-minute bursts at a time My system was just purged not two weeks ago of the System Tool virus Do I have another stupid virus on my machine or is there something else going on Thanks in advance

A:Vista SP2: black screen, boot error

Sounds like a virus to me - none of what you describe sounds like legitimate Windows error messages.

To be sure, please follow these directions to post over in the malware forums: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

If you're worried about your hard drive try this free, bootable hard drive diagnostics routine: HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-sp2-black-screen-boot-error-554099.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey so this has happened on a few different systems After it has the login screen It will go to the desktop completely black no icons and a cursor Windows sign does not work nothing other then CTRL ALT DEL works but wont bring up task manager so I end up doing the quot Advanced start up quot where I Restore the system and do a fresh load but when I try to run the updates i After cursor Logon Black error and Screen get the error of quot Log file c windows system logfiles srt srttraill txt quot so I go to CMD administrator and run SFC Scannow quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service quot then chkdsk x f cannot lock current drive windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected Im confused on what to do now after those issues i ended up erasing the HDD and starting from scratch and STILL get the same issue S

A:After Logon Black Screen and cursor error

Im Also Waiting For Solution Same Problem Here

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53127-after-logon-black-screen-cursor-error.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Alright so I recently installed an update for my graphics card driver and I restarted my computer afterwards When it restarted it went through the blue HP screen and then it immediately went to a black screen with a flashing quot quot So I restarted it again Upon it rebooting I see the blue bios menu which has Esc Boot Menu F Setup F System Restore error updating drivers. Screen Black after and F Diagnostics all as options for things I can do Neither the boot menu nor the system restore options work the setup menu doesn't help me at all and the diagnostics says that everything is working fine I can't get into safe mode using the f key because the windows start-up menu doesn't even appear It goes bios menu and straight to black screen Tapping f from the start of turning my computer on does nothing as well Also I don't have or know where my windows disks are Obviously I can't use msconfig Black Screen error after updating drivers. to start in safe mode because windows wont boot and I can't seem to find anyone that has the same problem Most can at least get to the safe mode menu I can't even get there What i have tried that doesn't work F KeyF key to try to open the OS menu F Opens setup menu that menu doesn't helpF System restore wont open and it just goes to the black screenF Diagnostics everything checks out and it says there's no problemsEsc Boot menu doesn't open straight to black screenAs previously stated I also have no idea where my windows disks are I can look around for them but if there is any alternate to that I would appreciate it Thanks for any help you can give

A:Black Screen error after updating drivers.

hi,,,, download this and burn to disc,,,, will the pc boot from disc drive??? if so shove the disc in and do a startup repair,,,http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vist...-disc-download/as you say this issue came about after a driver update for the gpu then i would also think about removing the graphics card and see if it will boot to on-board gfx,,,,, was there issues with the previous drivers for the gpu or was it just because they were there,,, i always go by the adage "if it aint broke, don't fix it" where hardware drivers are concerned good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/275646/black-screen-error-after-updating-drivers/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everyone..
I have been facing this problem for a week after installing a pen drive. Please provide some solutions.
Thanking You.

A:Appearence of black screen with aiasfacoiaksf.vbs error

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.     HijackThis is not the preferred initial scanning tool in this forum. With today's malware, a more comprehensive set of logs is required to determine the presence of malware.    Scan with FRST in normal modePlease download Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool to your desktop: FRST 32bit or FRST 64bit (If not sure: Start --> Computer (right click) --> properties) Run FRST.Don´t change one of the checkboxes and hit Scan.Logfiles are created on your desktop.Poste the FRST.txt and (after the first scan only!) the Addition.txt.     Scan with aswMBRPlease download aswMBR ( 4.5MB ) to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe icon, and click Run.There will be a short delay before the next dialog box comes up. Please just wait a minute or two.When asked if you'd like to "download the latest Avast! virus definitions", click Yes.Typically this is about a 100MB download so depending on your connection speed it can take a short while to download and become ready.Click the Scan button to start the scan once the update has finished downloadingOn completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop, then copy and paste it in your next reply.Note: There will also be a file on your desktop named MBR.dat do not delete this for now. It is an actual backup of the MBR (master boot record).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543598/appearence-of-black-screen-with-aiasfacoiaksfvbs-error/
Relevancy 50.31%

well im running windows vista Home Edition on a Sony Vaio VGN-N L W my prob is that for about - weeks when i try to start my computer i get this black screen with this message quot SMART failure Predicted on Hard Disk Hitachi HTS SA Warning Immediately back-up your data and replace your hard disk drive Afailure my be HELP!! wont message screen away!! error go black imminent press F to continue quot well since then i havent been able to find the problem and my computers has been freezing and acting crazy i had a few probs b and had to format my comp so i tried to format it and the screen never goes away i looked around for the hitachi drive and located it but what do i do now since this problem i get quot com surrogate failure quot errors HELP!! black screen wont go away!! error message and quot crcdisk quot error messages every min im lost HELP!! black screen wont go away!! error message i dont want to take the HELP!! black screen wont go away!! error message comp in because its working now but its just a matter of time until its screwed up again but im sure with the knowlege u guys have u can help me out so at this point i just formatted my comp AGAIN and still the screen comes up nd i have to push f to get into the comp please help nbsp

A:HELP!! black screen wont go away!! error message

have you installed the new hard drive yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-black-screen-wont-go-away-error-message.669878/
Relevancy 50.31%

after shutting down my laptop at night in fine state but in moring i found my laptop shows only black screen and nothing no bios no,nothing ...................and i've been trying to repair it deassembled and reassembled but nothing works ...............and 2,3 times i got an error message 502 and something about CMOS ..........and  got nothing what should i do................i've seen many post about complaing about their product .................so please don't make garbage products because of that people has to suffer alot .............Since i bought this laptop the only thing i got is suffering for so many problems...................switchable graphics drivers problem here they suggest me to follow this link and download from hereand why don't they uploaded the driver on the laptops drivers and software section..........my laptop battery gone totally..............my usb ports gone ........ so please stop making garbage products everyone is not rich like you....AND PLEASE CLEARIFY MY PROBLEM 

A:99% times Black screen and nothing and 1% error 502 shown

Hey there @ijustHateHP,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help with your HP Pavilion g6-1302tx Notebook PC not turning on all the time. Please make sure to remove any and all USB devices before troubleshooting. Please disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also.  Have you tried performing a hard reset?Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights? Have you done a BIOS reset?Do you hear the fan running at all? You had also mentioned that sometimes you get the CMOS Reset (502) Error message. To resolve a BIOS issue, you should install the latest BIOS for your Notebook.  Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot.  The document says "there are many reasons that a computer does not startup or boot into the Windows operating system. If your computer will not start or boot, you will see or hear symptoms to indicate the general area of the problem."  Here is another document called Computer Does Not Start: this document has multiple sections that describe the type of issues that are most like the one you are experiencing and under the section heading, please expand it to see the troubleshooting steps.  If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on using the troubleshooting links in the questions above, please try to do a Hardware Test. HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong.  Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/99-times-Black-screen-and-nothing-and-1-error-502-shown/td-p/5589491
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello, ive had this sony vaio fw560f since January and all of a sudden, when i turn it on, it goes past the vaio screen and stays at a black screen. Overnight, i try again, and it now gives me a "A disk read error occurred" i cant access safe mode or anything aside from bios settings, i cant insert a cd since the cd drive doesnt work (unrelated issue, i believe) and the only option is a usb bootable stick. I put ubuntu on a stick to try and remedy the disk, but it says i cant mount it, must run chkdsk in windows. but i cant get into windows. So if anybody has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated, if i just need to run chkdsk, is there a way i can do it with a usb stick? or anything else?

Thank you very much

A:Vaio Black screen/disk read error

Look around in this site:

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vaio-black-screen-disk-read-error.943615/
Relevancy 49.88%

Need Password for HP Mini 110..it boots up to a black screen asking for a password I've never even set.After failing to enter the correct password 3 times it says Fatal error CNU01046BSCan anyone help?

A:HP Mini 110 black screen Fatal error CNU01046BS

@WosVrt? Enter   e9l131vgpn Use that code to go into the BIOS.Disable all passwords that are enabled.If asked for the CURRENT password use that code.If asked for NEW password just hit enter.If asked to VERIFY password just hit enter.Save and exit. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Mini-110-black-screen-Fatal-error-CNU01046BS/td-p/5701675
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys Some help is needed if thats ok first off I am no computer expert so go easy on So last night my girlfriend switched the netbook off by holding the on off button this morning while starting up is started some scan thing that took after error logging application screen in, now black EXPLORER.EXE about minutes was checking lots of files Everything went as normal When logging in the minute i put my pasword EXPLORER.EXE application error after logging in, now black screen in a box flashed up saying title quot explorer exe EXPLORER.EXE application error after logging in, now black screen - apllication error quot followed with quot The application was unable to start correctly xc Click ok to close the application After pressing ok there is just a black screen and the cursor nothing else I had to swtich off after restarting my quot asus express gate cloud quot started worked as normal i can browse etc I then thought to try safe mode worked fine with networks etc too I googled a bit and found a post saying the same and some guy said to run quot cmd scannow quot so did that when i did that it said there were files that could not be fixed and to check the log I had a look and its just stuff i dont understand Anyone able to help me at all I dont have a virus protect on here and installed ccleaner it founf lots of DLL files and deleted them i dunno After this someone told me to restore to a previous point did that and it said failed to restore due to a number of errors thanks

A:EXPLORER.EXE application error after logging in, now black screen

One of our Forum experts created this tutorial that may help.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

When using some of the native Windows 7 tools like Startup Repair and SFC (system file checker), if problems are found it's necessary to run the tool 3 times, rebooting in between each run.

Since you have a netbook, and I'm guessing no CD/DVD player readily available, it's going to limit your repair options if you have to "insert CD" or "burn to CD", etc. You might be able to use a USB flash drive instead but you'd also have to make sure that the BIOS is set to read from the flash drive as first option (the BIOS may be set to a default to read from hard drive first.)

Depending on what files got damaged or corrupted, or what else might have happened, you may have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive that could return the netbook to factory settings. But this option would also erase everything else from the hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234607-explorer-exe-application-error-after-logging-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello windows Seven forums! Im new here.
I started having a black screen problem like 30 days ago.
I had this pc for 2 years, and it never happened.
It mostly happens when im playng games. Screen sudenly goes black, and pc restarts
Many people seens to have this problems, but I read it can be all kind of problems. I dont think its my psu, because its like 600w. Ive tryed everything. Wipe computer and reinstall all over again. Reinstall video drivers. Still get it. Also I checked the temperature of the cpu and gpu, and it seens ok .
Heres the dump files. Please, i beg, help me!
Thanks in advance!

A:Screen goes BLACK\NO SIGNAL then pc restarts. error 0x00000124

Hi phporto.

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80079628f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350090-screen-goes-black-no-signal-then-pc-restarts-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I was surfing the net with my Gateway laptop that uses an intel graphics card. An error would pop up saying that igfx was not responding but has recovered and the screen would flash black. Then it would stay black and I would shut it down and restart. Now on startup the gateway screen pops up but after the initial screen it is black still. I had tried to install the update for the graphics card but after the computer restarted the screen was black. What can I do at this point?

Thank you

Relevancy 49.88%

I have a DELL XPS 15  L521X, (Mid 2012), I have Windows 8 on my machine, Suddenly when I restart my PC a black screen is visible without any error, but system continue beeping. Then I press Power button and shutdown it, after some time when I start it again, its start working normally.
Once system starts its start working without showing any hardware or software problem whenever I shutdown or restart, sometime its start working sometime its continue beeping without showing any error. I don't know what's wrong in it.
Can anybody tell me why this happen. How can I fix it.

A:XPS 15 Beeping,Black screen with no display, no error message

Dell-Sahana R,
Thanks for your reply, I think there is a problem in BIOS, I download latest BIOS updates from DELL support and then Install it and problem is fixed, I think there is a problem in BIOS software it might be CRC error or any checksum error something like that,
But I fixed this problem updating BIOS,
Again thanks for your reply.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19611480
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys So i was on my computer and went to log into Starcraft As that happened my PC Froze I decided to cold boot it because I could not do anything When I started it up I noticed the mother board splash screen had these barcode scanline things vertical going down but it was only on that splash screen I was taken to the quot Launch start up repair quot that did nothing because as soon as it was done repairing it tried running windows and got stuck on a black screen after you see the windows logo go away I am not sure what at ALL could be the cause of this boot issue Please help me try to figure this out I am on win AMD X Nvidia GS Gigs of Ram Asus M nE mobo Let me Startup black Error (Bios to scanlines) screen? know if there is anything else that I could Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen? provide I would say the only other thing would be that all of the lights keyboard mouse stay on once the computer gets stuck again on this black screen Also I went into the BIOS and the scanlines are in there as well FYI Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen? This is not a newly built computer and has been running fine for a while Any help I am grateful for Thanks n UPDATE Changed GFX Card and scanlines went away What does this mean for the card Is it shot something malfunction Is there a fix or do I need a new card nbsp

A:Startup Error (Bios scanlines) to black screen?

When you say:
Changed GFX Card and scanlines went away and came upClick to expand...

Do you mean All is Well, or the scanlines came back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-bios-scanlines-to-black-screen.972736/
Relevancy 49.88%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 49.88%

Every time I turn on my computer a message appears saying that Windows couldn't find aiasfacoafiasksf vbs I searched on the internet and it is probably a virus caught from a pen drive How can i clean my computer and the infected pen drive DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer time computer error the i every Black screen turn on BrowserJavaVersion Run by CASA at on - - Option MBR scan is disabled Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Black screen error every time i turn on the computer - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Outdated C D F - -E C- AA- DAD F SP avast Antivirus Enabled Outdated C E - -EBB - A A- CA AE B B SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows UnsignedThemesSvc exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Protexis License Service PsiService exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe Black screen error every time i turn on the computer C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Program Files LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate Black screen error every time i turn on the computer exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Windows System javaw exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows System javaw exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNe... Read more

A:Black screen error every time i turn on the computer

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546891/black-screen-error-every-time-i-turn-on-the-computer/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently built an HTPC and it was working OK until last night I ve been using it mainly as an OTA DVR and it does wake up record etc I went to program a recording amp it was already awake amp the HDD indicator LED was on However the HDTV had a black screen with a message to select boot device amp press any key This was not a BSOD but a black screen There was no way to select anything as mode with message Black of Screen instead error sleep every time I pressed a key the same message displayed another time I finally powered off Another program was scheduled to record at this time but it should not have It was a series schedule set for new but this episode was not That s one strike against the EPG Anyway it started recording after I booted Black Screen with error message instead of sleep mode back up but it was missing the first minutes because I booted up minutes into the program I don t think the program was the problem but maybe there was a glitch at the start of the recording which caused the problem I don t know Unfortunately Black Screen with error message instead of sleep mode I have no idea how long the HTPC had been sitting in the select boot state It could have been that way for hours I looked at the PC s event logs to see if anything was obvious But there were so many logs I had no idea what I was looking at Any ideas what would cause a PC to display the message or where to look Could this be a motherboard problem

A:Black Screen with error message instead of sleep mode

What type of hard disk do you have installed?

If you need help, please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239389-black-screen-error-message-instead-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently got a Playstation USB gamepad adapter It worked out of the box with some emulators but I ended up installing the MotioninJoy gamepad controller drivers which may have been a huge mistake The first PC game I tried was Saints Row which was working fine before I got the controller but now showed a Comodo firewall gamepad screen, Black caused error? by dinput8.dll USB alert that the game was quot trying to install global hook DINPUT DLL quot This had not shown up before No matter if I allow or block it the screen goes black and the keyboard stops working I can't alt tab alt F ctrl alt del and even the caps lock and num lock keys fail to turn on their lights on the keyboard I have to hold down the power button to hard reset I've repeated this Black screen, caused by USB gamepad dinput8.dll error? problem with several other games including freeware RenPy based visual novels and The Wolf Among Us I always get a quot trying to install global hook DINPUT DLL quot firewall message before the black screen I've removed the USB gamepad uninstalled MotioninJoy deleted some of the MotioninJoy registry entries I Black screen, caused by USB gamepad dinput8.dll error? say quot some quot because I don't know if there are more and even uninstalled the Windows default USB gamepad drivers But I'm still getting the black screen error Am I correct in thinking that the quot trying to install global hook DINPUT DLL quot message is related I've never seen that appear before or had the black screen problem and now I'm experiencing both My CPU never goes above C I don't have a graphics card but the Intel HD graphics drivers are up to date and my DirectX is Unfortunately I don't have any Windows Restore Points that predate the USB gamepad and MotioninJoy drivers Is there anything I can do At least are there any commands I can use to avoid having to hard reset if I get a black screen Thanks in advance

A:Black screen, caused by USB gamepad dinput8.dll error?

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

dinput8.dll is a legitimate Windows file.

dinput8.dll - File Information

Lets see if reregistering the file helps.

First of all, check if the file actually exists on your machine. It should be located at C:\Windows\System32\

If its there, click start, type cmd and at the top of the programs box, right click cmd and select Run as Administrator

At the cmd prompt, type (or copy/paste) the following commands:

cd \
cd Windows\System32
regsvr32 dinput8.dll

pressing enter after each line. You should get a message telling you if its been successful or not.

Let me know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-caused-by-usb-gamepad-dinput8-dll-error-735137.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Dell E510 tower desktop Pent 4 4 gb ram .When I start it up I get only a black screen saying
RV 370 P/N-A62801-106 BIOS On the front of machine there are 4 lights of witch 3 are lite and the fourth light is not
PLEASE HELP. THANKS....................

Relevancy 49.88%

it says:
intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)
copyright© 1997-2000 intel corp.
This product is covered by one or more of the fallowing patents:
US5, 307, 459,   US5, 434, 872,   US5, 732, 094,   US6, 570, 884,   US6, 115, 776   AND
US6, 327, 625

Realtek PCIe FE family controller series v1.24 (10/07/10)
PXE-E61; Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE-ROM.
reboot and select proper boot device or
insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key

iv tryed testing everything in f12 and changing a few settings i found on the web... nothing
seems to be working, help please i need this fixed to finish homework.

-

A:black screen pxe-e61 error for inspiron n5050 windows 7

Hi nombie88,
Please run the diagnostics to confirm the hardware functionality. Here are the steps for it:

Tap the F12 key on startup.
Use the Arrow keys to highlight the Diagnostics option. 
The Diagnostics starts running the quick test without waiting for user input.
To select a specific device to test, you can tap the Esc key.
Please make a note of any error message that appears on the screen, also make sure that you note down the validation code too.
Once quick test completes, please run a thorough test on the hard drive by selecting the 'Thorough' under Test Mode option.
Please make a note of end result of diagnostics. 

If the diagnostics pass, lets check if the hard drive is getting detected. Here are the steps to check that: 

Boot to BIOS, by tapping the F12 key on the startup.
Please check under the Main tab, if the hard drive is getting detected as shown in image below:

Please share the findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19499402
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I've just bought my computer and installed windows I've managed to stay stable while playing games like GTA IV LoL for a power (kernel Black 41 63) error, screen!!!** event couple of weeks But one day i just got blackscreen after loading a game match in LoL or being minutes in GTA IV then just Black screen!!!** (kernel 41 power error, event 63) get black screen By that i have to restart my computer manually by the power button I had shadow copy too but i solved it by switching some cables in my computer chassi After that problem i just reinstalled windows again and it worked again fine but after - weeks but then again i got an black screen I Got that kernel power problem again by playing Happy wheels or Youtube just for testing So I tested to remove GBS out of GB the GB is at the blue DIMM slots at the moment So after that removal i didnt even get black screen A couple of weeks later i got it again by playing League of legends etc But this happen after i updated my BIOS version from to I think it is the problem but it could not possibly be But still i can use my computer for internet surfing but not gaming S Any solutions fellas Computer Corsair PSU W Gainward GTX phantom - STOCK i - k GHZ STOCK Asus Mobo P Z -V LX Corsair Vengeance GBs of ram removed GB -------------------------------------------------- I have a memory dmp that i can upload if you want to take a look at it

A:Black screen!!!** (kernel 41 power error, event 63)

Follow the instructions here > http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

That will collect all the associated data.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-kernel-41-power-error-event-63-a-646244.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Computer: Acer Aspire 4730Z

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Problem: Screen flashes black, then error message shows.

Details: Long ago, I was trying to play a game and coundnt do to graphics card. I got a driver, and I could play then. Only 1 problem. My screen goes black all of a sudden, then comes back on and shows a message that says "Somethingorother Has Sucessfully Recovered".

This happens about every 5-15 minutes, everyday. I'm 85% it's from installing the driver, but it was the correct one, because when I went to the site, it had it automatically check mine, for the latest version.

A:Screen flashes black, then error message shows

Hello XuzI,

More than likely its a driver issue. What make and model of graphics card is it?

Also, lets view if the driver did not install correctly. Right click on the My Computer icon and select Properties. Click the tab that says Hardware than the button that says Device Manager. See if anything in this list has an icon next to it which looks like a yellow triangle with an ! in it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284237/screen-flashes-black-then-error-message-shows/
Relevancy 49.88%
A:BSOD After hibernation black screen video error

Lot's of Windows Updates failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report. If the problems continue, please post over in the Windows Updates & Activation - Windows 8 Forums for further expert assistance with this issue.

Update virtual machine, video and bluetooth drivers to the latest, Win8.1 compatible version

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web. Removing some drivers may make the system unstable - so if you're unable to find updates, post back for info on the one's that can/cannot be safely removed.

The drivers that are struckout don't have updates available (AFAIK).
DO NOT delete them, just leave them be.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sun Oct 19 22:38:40.239 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102014-27687-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 8:13:02.037
Probably caused by :win32k.sys ( win32k!memcpy+a5 )
BugCheck 50, {fffff90140937000, 0, fffff960001fbd25, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff90140937000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff960001fbd25, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_win32k!memcpy
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1600
CurrentSpeed: 2295

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 1600
Actual Frequency: 2295
Overclock Ratio: 1.43438

BIOS Version A08
BIOS Release Date 04/30/2014
Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Product Name Inspiron 5537
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sun Oct 19 11:57:24.765 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\101914-27843-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:1 days 11:06:49.558
Probably caused by :win32k.sys ( win32k!memcpy+a0 )
BugCheck 50, {fffff901408ab000, 0, fffff9600008bd20, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff901408ab000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff9600008bd20, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_win32k!memcpy
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1600
CurrentSpeed: 2295

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 1600
Actual Frequency: 2295
Overclock Ratio: 1.43438

BIOS Version A08
BIOS Release Date 04/30/2014
Manufacturer Dell Inc.
Product Name Inspiron 5537
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat Oct 18 00:50:05.125 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\101814-34812-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64f... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55774-bsod-after-hibernation-black-screen-video-error.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My windows xp screen would turn black when i boot. It happens right before the blue welcome screen.
safe mode and safe mode with command prompt works. when i try safe mode with networking, it loads the system files but after that, there would be weird symbols and colors blinking.
i also replaced the hal.dll with the one on the windows xp cd when i got hal.dll is missing/corrupt message before. Maybe that could be the problem?

A:Windows XP black screen and safe mode error

Mine did this when the desktop resolution was higher than what my monitor would support. My LCD would go blank (black) and I would see nothing. The computer seemed to be running in the background however. Have you tried adjusting your video settings via Safe Mode and starting with something like 1024x768?

It may help if you let us know what type of Video Card you have, what type of monitor etc.. I notice you haven't filled out your system information in your profile.. this may be a good opportunity, as it would give a bit more information to use while we try to think of things to try.

Thanks,
Jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-black-screen-and-safe-mode-error.110803/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi i screen reboot error: black Win7x64 after installation have a MSI A Laptop Ive been trying to fix this problem for day with hours time and Win7x64 installation error: black screen after reboot read countless forums but still haven t been able to solve it I recently encountered windows x installation error where i could not select disk partition to install i formatted and deleted all of the partitions for a clean install But somehow after running the memory diagnosis i was able to go through the installation But during the installation on the second time it restarts my computer gets a black screen when starting i cannot access the post screen menu or the recovery option it is however possible to access the same thing via booting through the USB and selecting Win7x64 installation error: black screen after reboot the recovery option instead of installing Also the memory diagnosis tool does not work any more giving an error The bios options are as follows MAIN Serial ATA Hard Disk Serial ATA ATAPI CDROM Advanced PCI Latency timer Legacy USB support enabled AHCI Mode endabled P S i donot have any dual monitor joined nbsp

A:Win7x64 installation error: black screen after reboot

the initial install goes into ram and it hands over to the hard drive on the first reboot and it is not seeing it

try setting sata to ide mode instead of AHCI mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7x64-installation-error-black-screen-after-reboot.1084780/
Relevancy 49.88%

Computer model Lenovo Y Microsoft th gen i processor It has graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX M Booting computer please mouse, no error, screen, Black on, help GBNVIDIA GTX M GB GDD gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen This computer is brand new arrived on the th I was running World of Warships then I closed the laptop and when trying to re-enter I get a black screen Yes I have tried shutting down I can hear the hard drive and can see the power button backlights as well as keyboard backlighting I cannot see the mouse From reading other posts I think it may have auto-selected the wrong Booting error, Black screen, no mouse, computer on, please help graphics card I have never used a TV or Booting error, Black screen, no mouse, computer on, please help other screen with this Please help me with this I am a new windows user having recently immigrated from IOS A detailed explanation would be appreciated because I have no idea how to do that much Perhaps a graphics card issue Apps I had installed SteamTF OperaChromeFirefoxWar ThunderHeroes and Generals I hadn't messed with any settings

A:Booting error, Black screen, no mouse, computer on, please help

I have never used a TV or other screen with this.

If you have the ports, the cables and the screens, you might want to connect to an external screen to SEE if it's just a matter of selecting the right output. If you choose this option, you may have to close/open the laptop lid to get Windows 10 to recognize.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35899-booting-error-black-screen-no-mouse-computer-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

my hard drive started to run slow, so I rebooted, and when I did an error message came up saying could not boot...I ran the vista repair disc, and it says it cannot repair, that the following error has occurred: c:\windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe can't be found or is corrupt or missing. I went to the command prompt and ran a chkdsk /r and hit hit enter, after going thru almost 40% of stage 4 of 5, it says not enough disc space to repair, unexpected error has occured...the harddrive is a Seagate 250 and has about 50% free space. Does anyone have any suggestion or have encountered this problem? I would be most appreciative of any help. Thanking you in advance.

MickeyME

A:Vista Home Premium Problem Black Screen Error

Hi Mickey,

I'm not an expert, but your problem sounds almost exactly like what happened to me last summer with my HP laptop. Only difference was, my error had something to do with winlogon.exe, I think. I was not able to do a system repair either because of errors. I ended up having to replace the hard drive. Sorry, this probably isn't much help, but it sounds like a problem with your hard drive, and you might have to replace it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140258/vista-home-premium-problem-black-screen-error/
Relevancy 49.45%

Yesterday my computer shut down and restarted with a message that read quot Serious error Display driver error quot I followed many of the options the error message directed me driver display Occasional, error. black random screen with to such as updating my display driver Radeon x and doing many other updates that Windows had recommended along with diagnostic tests that led me to no conclusions I have Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. not had the display driver error message pop up since however when and if the computer does restart I am only able to me on the computer for a limited amount of time as the screen turns black and the monitor light turns amber Sometimes it will switch back to green and eventually come back again but other times it does not In addition whether or not this is unrelated I don t know when I restart the computer a message appears saying quot Drive not found Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. Press F to continue or F to setup quot I m not the greatest with computers but I m sure I could follow along easy enough with some layman Occasional, random black screen with display driver error. s terms After being days into trying to solve the issue any advice or suggestions are much appreciated I m happy to provide any more information if anyone needs it Operating system Windows XP Dell PD nbsp

A:Occasional, random black screen with display driver error.

Also, when I reboot the tower makes 2 short beeps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/occasional-random-black-screen-with-display-driver-error.1061140/
Relevancy 49.45%

i have this problem ive searched all threads about it and i dont get as far as any them suggest.... i tried putting in an xp disc and i still get the same even when i try to boot with the disc.
I then tried a windows vista disc ... still the same
Then i put in a BRAND NEW hard drive... still the same text.../ Error Loading Operating System / black screen on startup
Any Help suggestions please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-loading-operating-system-black-screen-on-startup-320126.html
Relevancy 49.45%

then the desktop finally loads. It only lasts about 60 seconds before BSOD'ing again. Safe Mode seems ok, but I was in the process of typing up this thread when safe mode shut down on me randomly. I've tried restoring to earlier points and running malware scans. Minidumps are included.

A:BSOD after .dll error, desktop boots to black screen with a cmd prompt

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219884-bsod-after-dll-error-desktop-boots-black-screen-cmd-prompt.html
Relevancy 49.45%

When I turn on my computer it starts up with the BIOS screen, but then it immediately goes to a black screen that says the platform ID, expire error enter key. It doesn't even go to windows, and I tried going into the boot menu and BIOS settings, but nothing seems to work.

A:[SOLVED] After BIOS I get a black screen that says Platform ID:**** Expire error. Ent

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Can you boot into safe mode? If you can, try a system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-after-bios-i-get-a-black-screen-that-says-platform-id-expire-error-ent-680503.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Both in attempting to install and older program (which appears to install) and
then executing that program --which does NOT run --
the screen clears to black -- waits a bit -- and then get an error dialog box.

Never seen this occur before.
Any Ideas

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396206-attempt-run-older-software-screen-clears-black-then-error.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok this is what happened there was some error message whenever I was restarting my PC Next thing I know is it boots up goes past the Win XP logo and its a black screen and nothing else Go into recovery console and did this as described Part One In part one you start the Recovery Console create a temporary folder back up the existing registry files to a new location delete the registry Windows XP System Screen after logo a and Black had error lsass.exe files at their existing location and then copy the registry files from the repair folder to the System Config folder When you have finished this procedure a registry is created that you can use to start Windows XP This registry was created and saved during the initial setup of Windows XP Therefore any changes and settings that occurred after the Setup program was finished are lost To complete part one follow these steps Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the Black Screen after Windows XP logo and had a System error lsass.exe CD-ROM drive and then restart the computer Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted to do so When the quot Welcome to Setup quot screen appears press R to start the Recovery Console If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer select the installation that you want to access from the Black Screen after Windows XP logo and had a System error lsass.exe Recovery Console When you are prompted to do so type the Administrator password If the administrator password is blank just press ENTER At the Recovery Console command prompt type the following lines pressing ENTER after you type each line md tmp copy c windows system config system c windows tmp system bak copy c windows system config software c windows tmp software bak copy c windows system config sam c windows tmp sam bak copy c windows system config security c windows tmp security bak copy c windows system config default c windows tmp default bak delete c windows system config system delete c windows system config software delete c windows system config sam delete c windows system config security delete c windows system config default copy c windows repair system c windows system config system copy c windows repair software c windows system config software copy c windows repair sam c windows system config sam copy c windows repair security c windows system config security copy c windows repair default c windows system config default in the process of doing this restarted Next thing I know I get this error message System error lsass exe When trying to update a password the return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct When trying to log into recovery console now I have a password on it and I dont know it HELP nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

ive recently been having this problem for the last few days i thought i fixed it but it started happening again. not sure whats wrong so please help, thanks.

also this happen after i installed black ops on my computer off of steam.

heres my minidump

Attachment 185715

A:error on video card, screen turns fuzzy then goes black

Quote: Originally Posted by levi655

ive recently been having this problem for the last few days i thought i fixed it but it started happening again. not sure whats wrong so please help, thanks.

also this happen after i installed black ops on my computer off of steam.

heres my minidump

Attachment 185715

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199656-error-video-card-screen-turns-fuzzy-then-goes-black.html