Windows Support Forum

Aspire VN7-592G : warranty and HDD replacement

Q: Aspire VN7-592G : warranty and HDD replacement

Hi, is it possible to open this laptop to replace the HDD with an SSD, or it would void the warranty? Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-592G-warranty-and-HDD-replacement/td-p/452672
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Aspire VN7-592G : warranty and HDD replacement

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi every one;i have Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Black Edition, OS: win10-x64. So i want to install Bluetooth, LAN and TouchPad driver again, i'm confused !which one Driver must be downloaded? Bluetooth:NFA344A HAI  Or NFA344A Liteon OR Intel Bluetooth Driver Wireless LAN:NFA344A HAI  Or NFA344A Liteon OR Intel Wireless LAN Driver TouchPad:ELANTECH  Or Synaptics Note: HWiNFO Program Dosent Help in this case, This program only Show me the Vendor.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello!I was wondering about availability of the spare parts. I need a spare part because American airline check-in staff doesnt know how to treat laptops carefully ;/ As you can see from the pictures, the plastic cover of the hinge got squashed!Where does one get replacement? I have this laptop for 2 weeks and I already seek for replecement parts :/ I dont care if i need a worldwide shipping for this, I just want the part! Thank you in advance and I hope that the part isnt: '' too small to bother with''. Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-592G-70M4/td-p/464239
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi every one;i have Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Black Edition, OS: win10-x64. So i want to install Bluetooth, LAN and TouchPad driver again, i'm confused !which one Driver must be downloaded? Bluetooth:NFA344A HAI  Or NFA344A Liteon OR Intel Bluetooth Driver Wireless LAN:NFA344A HAI  Or NFA344A Liteon OR Intel Wireless LAN Driver TouchPad:ELANTECH  Or Synaptics Note: HWiNFO Program Dosent Help in this case, This program only Show me the Vendor.

Relevancy 65.36%

On the V Nitro overview page Intel's RealSense technology is mentioned, with the note that availability varies between different models. I've not yet found a model that stated on the model's details page that it has an Intel RealSense camera, so I wondered if the Aspire VN7-592G (NX.G6KEH.002) has one, and if not, are there other models that do have RealSense?

A:Has the Aspire VN7-592G (NX.G6KEH.002) an Intel Re...

I've been informed that the VN7-592G is not currently shipping with the RealSense camera at this time. I understand the interest in the technology and will provide feedback to the appropriate teams.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Has-the-Aspire-VN7-592G-NX-G6KEH-002-an-Intel-RealSense-camera/td-p/416640/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all hoping someone has an idea V7n-592G issue Aspire Audio to help out here nbsp Within the last week the following issue has started nbsp After a reboot the audio levels are fine is super loud like it used to be when I first got Aspire V7n-592G Audio issue this laptop Once I adjust the levels either Aspire V7n-592G Audio issue up or down via slider fn volume etc the audio immediatly cuts the sound down like I could adjust it to and it would be half volume I can hear almost nothing at volume of say This is for everything from windows sounds to web content to stored content nbsp Seems to me to be software related I have the dolby package that came with the OS and also the Realtek HD software sure it came with the build out as well nbsp I would think maybe re-installing those or removing them one at a time to see if that was the cause would make sense but I cannot seem to find where I could find them or look for updates for them nbsp Anyway any thoughts on what the fix may be or where I can find the software would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V7n-592G-Audio-issue/td-p/452749
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey Guys I am realy tired of lag spikes. games run smoothly but every 10 secs there comes a frustrating fps dropThis is my system:CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQGPU: Gefouce GTX 960MRAM:16 GB1TB HDD+256GB SSD + All of my drivers are updated.++ recently I noticed when I unplugged the AC power there is less lag spike, but overall fps drops on battery.+++ I searched and I found that some other Acer V laptops got this issue as well. it seems it's a hardware rather than software issue.  really Acer? why do you name it a Gaming laptop while it can't play a game smoothly? and please play some games with this before relase it.

A:Aspire VN7-592G lag spike & fps drops in almost ev...

Hi, If you searched on the internet I am quite sure that you found also the answer. It is quite simple. The FPS drop is due to thermal trotthiling, the moment when your CPU and/or your GPU reduces it's speed in order to avoid damaging the CPU or GPU. You can test if this is the case by using intel XTU and monitor your temperatures and see if your CPU trhrottles when you play a game.Solutions? Well, a few could help but they are not easy. First try to reduce the settings for the game... Improve cooling by changing the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU. I did the latter on my 591G and man the temperature drop was amazing. I don't know what they use in the manufacturing, but for sure is not very effective at heat transfer. At least it's not toothpaste. You can also try to use a cooling pad, but I am not sure how effective it will be the latter. Also, I remember somebody here suggesting a third party application which allows you to control the fan speed manually. You can try to search it on the forum. As far as I am concerned, the fans don't crank up to 100% power even if the temperatures are at the thermal throttling level. This is probably how Acer programed the fans. I tried once at 100% and it is much more loud than the "maximum speed" at which normally the fans run when I don't use other application to control the fan speed. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-592G-lag-spike-amp-fps-drops-in-almost-every-game/td-p/424985/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi! I just want to ask you guys if eGPU is possible with my Laptop Acer Aspire V15 592g. I want to hookup higher GPU. Any tips or idea you can share with me???

A:Acer Aspire v15 -592G - eGPU

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-VN7-592G-egpu/td-p/464852

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-v15-592G-eGPU/td-p/466918
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, yesterday, after a quite long session on Battlefield 1, I noticed backlight bleeding on my screen (see the pic below)...That's quite annoying, and i'm worry that it could get worse over time...When I bought it, the screen was perfect, just a blocked green pixel on it, but nothing too bad. Am I the only one concerned by this ? What can I do ? I'm in France, if I send my laptop to the customer service, how long is it going to last before i get my unit back ? 

A:Aspire VN7-592G 54 TY Backlight Bleeding...

I just want to add that i bought it last summer (August), and it worked perfectly at the time, so I don't undestand why I noticed that more than 2 months after

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-592G-54-TY-Backlight-Bleeding/td-p/462967
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I bought my aspire v nitro vn - g last week The first one was faulty and i was given replacement at store For a few days it was great but now the touchpad is out if control It will be - Aspire mousr Uncontrollable nitro v15 vn7-592g compliant for a good while then without warning it will start moving across the screen by itself and right clicking on things Then menus Uncontrollable mousr - Aspire v15 nitro vn7-592g are opening by themselves and I can't regain control Other times the cursor will move in the wrong direction and freeze for Uncontrollable mousr - Aspire v15 nitro vn7-592g a second before jerking across and doing random movements I basically lose control of the computer I checked to see if there are driver updates but it is up to date When I restart the computer it may work fine Uncontrollable mousr - Aspire v15 nitro vn7-592g for a few hours or a few minutes and the problem will kick in Once it does there is no stopping it My touchpad is very clean The computer is new and I haven't installed any extra software since buying it I urgently need help Thanks for your advice

A:Uncontrollable mousr - Aspire v15 nitro vn7-592g

There are chances that the issue is with your touchpad drivers. You are advised to download and install the latest touchpad drivers by using the link below:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers Alternatively, you can also reinstall the touchpad drivers by following the steps below:1. Press "Windows key" + "R" keys. This will open "Run" window.2. In the Run window, type devmgmt.msc and hit "Enter" key. This will open "Device Manager" window.3. In the Device Manager window, expand "Mice and other pointing devices" and double-click on your touchpad.4. In the mouse properties window that comes up, click "Driver" tab.5. Click "Uninstall" and "OK" to uninstall touchpad drivers.6. Restart your computer and Windows should install the touchpad drivers automatically. Alternatively, you can install them manually by referring to the link above. If the issue still persists, you are advised to take your computer to nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Uncontrollable-mousr-Aspire-v15-nitro-vn7-592g/td-p/400593/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

Getting ready to pull my hair out over this one.  I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new Aspire VN7-592G laptop and have noticed that the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED device gives a Code 10 ("The Device Cannot Start") due to "the driver was not loaded because it failed its initialization call."Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this issue?  I've tried both deleting the Realtek and Intel drivers, rebooting, and then installed the audio drivers followed by the Graphics drivers and this did nothing.  I did read that bluetooth devices may interfere but I've disabled those and rebooted several times with the same issue.Any help is appreciated.  Thanks! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-592G-Clean-install-Intel-SST-OED-Code-10-Fails-to/td-p/443401
Relevancy 64.93%

Getting ready to pull my hair out over this one.  I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new Aspire VN7-592G laptop and have noticed that the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED device gives a Code 10 ("The Device Cannot Start") due to "the driver was not loaded because it failed its initialization call."Does anybody have any ideas about how to fix this issue?  I've tried both deleting the Realtek and Intel drivers, rebooting, and then installed the audio drivers followed by the Graphics drivers and this did nothing.  I did read that bluetooth devices may interfere but I've disabled those and rebooted several times with the same issue.Any help is appreciated.  Thanks! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-VN7-592G-Clean-install-Intel-SST-OED-Code-10-Fails-to/td-p/443401/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

HI, i think that after the anniversary edition update integrated microphone started to have some driver problem, the peripherical is disappeared, skype doesnt work, someone has the same problem?

A:Acer Aspire V Nitro 592G lost microphone

Hi, I have completely same issue - it stopped working in Win 10 three months ago - I was not able to fix that anyhow. So I have bought external microphone and using it

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-592G-lost-microphone/td-p/447796
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi nbsp Till days ago I have been struggling with the onboard 592g Technolog... - Sound VN7 ASPIRE , Smart Intel(R) Intel R Smart Sound Technology Intel R SST Audio Controller nbsp This device will just stop working I see a red cross down below in the right hand corner also in Device manager it shows windows stoped the device due to it reporting errors nbsp I have managed to fix this through shuting down the system and removing any other sound cards external as I record music but even ASPIRE VN7 - 592g , Intel(R) Smart Sound Technolog... then every couple of hours or so I get a blue screen with my laptop restarting and the problem resurfacing again nbsp I have a fresh copy of windows installed and all my drivers are up to date from the Acer website I even did the Bios updates nbsp Please advise This ASPIRE VN7 - 592g , Intel(R) Smart Sound Technolog... is a serious driver compatiblitly issue with Windows that would be my best bet my first instinct was that I had a hardware problem but I Noticed im not the only user on these furoms with the exact same issue nbsp Regards

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-VN7-592g-Intel-R-Smart-Sound-Technology-Intel-R-SST-Audio/td-p/437994/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi. I just bought HP 250 G4 notebook with 500 GB HDD that i wanted to replace with 120 GB SSD but it ?ike i will need to takie off the whole down part of my notebook. Will i loose my warranty then?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-250-G4-HDD-replacement-what-about-warranty/td-p/5659191
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, I had a failing hard drive that was replaced in warranty just a couple of days ago. However the hard drive that was installed on my computer is not a new one - CrystalDiskInfo reports it has been turned on 450 times. Is that a normal policy to send refurbished hardware as replacements?  Also, I've noticed the hard drive does an unfamiliar clicking sound when beign used. (and since it's the same hard drive as I've had before, I assume the usual working sound should be the time, which it isn't)Check disk and CrystalDiskInfo don't show any errors though, so I'm not sure if it's a bad sign or not? I will definitely take it to the authorized repair shop that did the HDD replacement but I still thought I'd ask here. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HDD-replacement-in-warranty/td-p/5649726
Relevancy 63.64%

Aspire Nitro Black Edition VN7-592G-70EN (NX.G6JAA.004) - does it have an anti-glare matte screen?  The description at MicroCenter Website says Full HD widescreen LED Backlit IPS Display.  At the mfr website, it says ComfyView In-Plane Swiching Color LCD Technology.  Doesn't say matte finish or anti-glare anywhere.  

Relevancy 63.64%

The speakers randomly give a pop sound like nbsp tuck while say Audio Aspire Nitro Acer and... randomly pops VN7-592G when I'm Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Audio randomly pops and... browsing facebook and while scrolling I see a video which auto-plays Even though without Audio I also hear it randomly at other times whose pattern I have not been able to identify but sometimes before playing an audio and after stopping it The audio itself is fine I can't 'disable enhancements' because I am left with only turning on or off Dolby Audio I don't see how to update the Dolby Audio within the Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Audio randomly pops and... program itself as it just shows this nbsp I then Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Audio randomly pops and... tried updating the Realtek SST driver through device manager and it detected a better one however after quite some time of downloading and installing where it felt it was stuck frozen I was displayed a message along the lines of a better driver was found but encountered an error while installing Rolling back did not work so I uninstalled and restarted Now it says that the best driver is already installed I assume the latest one has been installed nbsp Realtek High Definition Audio SST nbsp nbsp There's another Intel Smart Sound Technology Display Audio and NVidia Virtual Audio Device All up-to-date The audio occasionally fixes itself so I kept running the Latency test until it detected again The popping didn't happen so it didn't reach red as frequently as when it did before but the program did say that there could be issues in playing real time audio etc I ran a DPC Latency and here's the reportNote My laptop is just a month old which was a display piece at Carrefour prior to me buying nbsp Spoiler Highlight to read CONCLUSION Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs clicks or pops One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long At least one detected problem appears to be network related In case you are using a WLAN adapter try disabling it to get better results One problem may be related to power management disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup Check for BIOS updates LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for h mm ss on all processors SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer name LAPTOP- D T COS version Windows build x Hardware Aspire VN - G AcerCPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHzLogical processors Processor groups RAM MB total CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHzNote reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event Highest measured interrupt to process latency s Average measured interrupt to process latency s Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency s Average measured interrupt to DPC latency s REPORTED ISRs Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal Highest ISR routine execution time s Driver with highest ISR routine execution time ACPI sys - ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft CorporationHighest reported total ISR routine time Driver with highest ISR total time Wdf sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime Microsoft CorporationTotal time spent in ISRs ISR count execution time lt s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - ... Read more

A:Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Audio randomly pops and...

Same here. I experience this issue since I bought this laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-VN7-592G-Audio-randomly-pops-and-cracks/td-p/441363/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 63.64%

The speakers randomly give a pop sound like nbsp tuck while say when I'm browsing facebook and while scrolling I see a video which auto-plays Even though without Audio I also hear it randomly at other times whose pattern I have not been able to identify but sometimes before playing an audio and after stopping it The audio itself is fine I Nitro pops Audio Aspire and... Acer randomly VN7-592G can't 'disable enhancements' because I am left with only turning on or off Dolby Audio I don't see how to update the Dolby Audio within the program itself as it just Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Audio randomly pops and... shows this nbsp I then tried updating the Realtek SST driver through device manager and it detected a better one however after quite some time of downloading and installing where it felt it was stuck frozen I was displayed a message along the lines of a better driver was found but encountered an error while installing Rolling back did not work so I uninstalled and restarted Now it says that the best driver is already installed I assume the latest one has been installed nbsp Realtek High Definition Audio SST nbsp nbsp There's another Intel Smart Sound Technology Display Audio and NVidia Virtual Audio Device All up-to-date The audio occasionally fixes itself so I kept running the Latency test until it detected again The popping didn't happen so it didn't reach red as frequently as when it did before but the program did say that there could be issues in playing real time audio etc I ran a DPC Latency and here's the reportNote My laptop is just a month old which was a display piece at Carrefour prior to me buying nbsp Spoiler Highlight to read CONCLUSION Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs clicks or pops One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long At least one detected problem appears to be network related In case you are using a WLAN adapter try disabling it to get better results One problem may be related to power management disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup Check for BIOS updates LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for h mm ss on all processors SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer name LAPTOP- D T COS version Windows build x Hardware Aspire VN - G AcerCPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHzLogical processors Processor groups RAM MB total CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHzNote reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event Highest measured interrupt to process latency s Average measured interrupt to process latency s Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency s Average measured interrupt to DPC latency s REPORTED ISRs Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal Highest ISR routine execution time s Driver with highest ISR routine execution time ACPI sys - ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft CorporationHighest reported total ISR routine time Driver with highest ISR total time Wdf sys - Kernel Mode Driver Framework Runtime Microsoft CorporationTotal time spent in ISRs ISR count execution time lt s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time gt s REPORTED DPCs DPC routines are part of the inte... Read more

A:Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G Audio randomly pops and...

Same here. I experience this issue since I bought this laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-Nitro-VN7-592G-Audio-randomly-pops-and-cracks/td-p/441363
Relevancy 62.78%

ISSUE WAS THAT- MY LAPTOP DIDN'T On/Start suddenly. So i took it to Hp authoresed service center here in Shillong. They told that they will have to keep the laptop, Check it and inform me within 2 or 3 days. But they didn't so i contacted them after 7 days and then they told me that the Laptop's Motherboard needs to be replaced and that they already ordered one from the company. But 15 days gone still no Contact from their side. I'm worried whether they r just fooling me round and round or Do Hp take This long time for The replacement. R they going to charge me even though its still under warranty? How to keep a check and be safe? Please help .. Tired of Hp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-of-Motherboard-still-under-warranty/td-p/5611884
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,I want to know the warrant policy regarding the following issues:I have a Lenovo Flex 2-14 laptop.Will my warranty be void, if:1. I upgrade my RAM to 12GB by making use of the two provided slots. 4 Gb Ram the implicit one and adding another 8 Gb Ram.2. If I dual boot my laptop with Ubuntu Os.Kindly let me know the warranty status in both the cases.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Warranty-Replacement-policy/td-p/3314808
Relevancy 62.78%

hi,my laptop model is dv 2911 tx and it is under warranty so i would like to know whether battery replacement will be covered under warranty or do i have to purchase a new one? Thank you,Ankit

A:Battery replacement under warranty????

It should be, contact HP and ask, they will want you to run a battery test and get a failure code before they will replace it under warranty. USA  http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html Any other Country http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-replacement-under-warranty/td-p/318031
Relevancy 62.78%

ISSUE WAS THAT- MY LAPTOP DIDN'T On/Start suddenly. So i took it to Hp authoresed service center here in Shillong. They told that they will have to keep the laptop, Check it and inform me within 2 or 3 days. But they didn't so i contacted them after 7 days and then they told me that the Laptop's Motherboard needs to be replaced and that they already ordered one from the company. But 15 days gone still no Contact from their side. I'm worried whether they r just fooling me round and round or Do Hp take This long time for The replacement. R they going to charge me even though its still under warranty? How to keep a check and be safe? Please help .. Tired of Hp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-of-Motherboard-still-under-warranty/td-p/5611886
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,
my battery recently reported permanent failure, it was under warranty so I contacted Dell support to request a replacement. I've provided all the necessary information and had also ran some diagnostics, the person I was in contact with was happy with all the information provided and informed me that they'll send me a replacement.
Few days later he messaged me the below. I'm not quite sure why they need my whole laptop for this, I'm not really happy to have it collected and kept by them for what I can imagine will be several days if not  weeks. Is this a normal course of action for faulty battery?
"I forgot to tell you that the warranty on the system is Collect and Return, which means we have to collect that system and have that fully diagnosed and checked through our repair team. "
 Thanks.

A:Replacement of battery under warranty

It depends on the system you have.  If the battery isn't user-removeable (i.e., it's inside the system rather than easily removed by sliding a latch externally),it's not a user repair and you will need to return the system to the depot for service.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974885
Relevancy 62.78%

I have HP ENVY ... in warranty but its battery have problem ... battery goes charge and dischrage so fast ... can i replace that battery

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-Battery-replacement-under-warranty/td-p/5836408
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All,I've checked my warranty status on the base warranty and it's still active.Warranty type:   Base WarrantyService type:   Wty: HP HW Maintenance Offsite SupportStatus:   ActiveStart date:   Feb 11, 2014End date:   Apr 11, 2017Service level:   Std Office Hrs Std Office DaysStandard Parts LogisticsStandard Material HandlingGlobal CoverageStd Office Hrs Std Office DaysCustomer Pickup at RepairCtrCustomer delivers to RepairCtr2 Business Days Turn-AroundNo Usage Limitation Deliverables:   Offsite Support & MaterialsHardware Problem Diagnosis  How am I able to know whether it covers a replacement of battery?As my battery have been draining quite fast and wish to change my battery... 

A:How do i know if my base warranty covers a replacement of ba...

Hi!, @Den: Welcome, to Forum !. If you write what your netbook, have warranty available, you needed register your device, from ... https://h20366.www2.hp.com/americas/flowPage/registration/index.do?execution=e1s1&cc=US&lang=en Next step, you can call, to Support and Assistance Center, of HP, more, near your home, from ... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Android/Phone-Assistance-in-the-world/td-p/5038024

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-i-know-if-my-base-warranty-covers-a-replacement-of/td-p/5629208
Relevancy 62.35%

I guess this isn't a Yoga-specific question but wasn't sure where to put it. I'm ordering a replacement AC adapter for my Yoga 3 Pro on the lenovo.encompass.com site. But there's nowhere to enter the serial number so I can order it under warranty. I get to the purchase screen and it's going to charge me full price. I've entered my warranty info on the main support site, but when I get to the parts site it doesn't recognize that. Basically, how do I order the part under warranty without having to pay for it?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Trying-to-order-replacement-part-under-warranty/td-p/3333294
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I want to know the warrant policy regarding the following issues:
I have a Lenovo Flex 2-14 laptop.
Will my warranty be void, if:
1. I upgrade my RAM to 12GB by making use of the two provided slots. 4 Gb Ram the implicit one and adding another 8 Gb Ram.
2. If I dual boot my laptop with Ubuntu Os.
Kindly let me know the warranty status in both the cases.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Flex 2-14 - Warranty: Replacement policy

Hi wavare_ajinkya ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

As a general rule, CRU (customer replaceable parts ) will not void the warranty as listed from the hardware manual . However most upgrades on this model shows that such are considered FRU (field replaceable unit) , meaning you would have to open up additional parts and might require skill and specific tools thus CRU ID is N. (item6 page 72 ).

1. Upgrading your RAM however would not void any warranty.
We had same issue discussed on this thread . 
On quotes: " Similar to this query is this case  for the Z500 replacement of optical drive which is also a CRU Id - N and this thread. 

Warranty agreement :

What this Warranty Does not Cover 
- failure or damage resulting from misuse, abuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment, natural disasters, power surges, improper maintenance, or use not in accordance with product information materials 
-damage caused by a non-authorized service provider
-failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that Lenovo may provide or integrate into the Lenovo product at your request

Warranty is not covered if during the process of modification , damage or accidents may incur both on the replaced parts and the original devices ." 

The answer would be no , upgrading  the harddrive ,RAM will not void your warranty not unless that original parts gets damage because of or during the process of upgrade. 

For best measure , you may give Lenovo Tech a call so that they would be able to note it on your account for the pc that you have plan for upgrades .

2. Changing the original operating system would not void the hardware warranty , but support for the software such as the new or original Operating System (example to restore it back/ drivers issue etc.) would be users responsibility and functionality thereof. 

Hope this answered your query .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-2-14-Warranty-Replacement-policy/td-p/3314808
Relevancy 62.35%

I receive a Smart Drive error of "Immanent Failure, back-up immediately"... and of course its been telling me this for close to 2yrs now. my Question is this, "Is my Hard Drive covered under its manufacturers warranty or HP's warranty?". My Laptop is no longer warranted by HP but the manufacturer has a 5yr. warranty on its internal hard drives and my hard drive isn't 5yrs old yet. The HHD I'm referring to came installed within my laptop at the time I purchased it. Anything else you need to know? Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Drive-Replacement-Warranty/td-p/5757710
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello.
Does hdd replacement in my S75-B7316 mean warranty lose? There is no separate cover for hdd so have to remove whole back cover to do this.

Regards

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94975-Satellite-S75-B7316-HDD-replacement-vs-warranty
Relevancy 59.77%

I just had my toshiba satellite pentium xp-sp mobile processor RAM gigs into the authorize warranty depot for a replacement of the mouse pad as the warranty was almost up It is now over this was May I had called a week and a half earlier however they said toshiba notebook? can't bios after warranty password replace mouse pad replacement of the parts were delayed and did not arrive until the day before my warranty was up I can't replace bios password after warranty replacement of mouse pad toshiba notebook? had to go in for medical surgery directly after and did not use the computer until this past week and noticed when I took can't replace bios password after warranty replacement of mouse pad toshiba notebook? the notebook down to my software techie who was removing Norton Systemworks for me as I don t how to do it cleanly that my BIOS password was not in place He tried to replace it however it would not set I phoned the warranty depot and I am not a tech oriented person and know little about BIOS and I should say that my software techie called them as can't replace bios password after warranty replacement of mouse pad toshiba notebook? well I should say that I have used this software techie since I have owned the computer and he knew that I had a BIOS password and so he discussed the issue with the warranty depot tech who replaced my mouse pad The tech replied that he did not touch my main board and thus it was not his fault and he told my software techie to have me call him which I did I told him that I noticed that he did not boot my computer in front of me when he had me test the mousepad that he brought out my notebook from the back room repair station and had me check out the mouse pads which worked fine and then he also mentioned that he had looked at my PCMCIA slot pins visually and used the air duster on it but could see no issues I mention this as I advised him via phone before I went to have the mouse pads replaced that I had just recently had a problem with the PC card not recognizing my hardware and so I asked him to check it as the warranty was nearing its end I should also comment that the PC card was working when I took it into the shop and so we discussed the fact that I may not have seated the card in the slot so that there was a good contact and that was the end of the discussion Since I did not use my notebook due to my health until last week I had no realization that the BIOS password was not working On the phone he said I must have possibly had the computer near moisture which I definitely did not He admitted that he had not seen a notebook so free of dust in the openings and in overall such good shape as he indicated he sees so many with food etc on them and my computer was in excellent condition as he put it I told him I am an accountant and don t eat around my computer etc and I also use the air duster compressed air on it weekly into all the openings and have for the past years that I have owned it Now the warranty depot says that my main board likely has an issue with the BIOS chip and that they charge hr and that the board will cost - I had to pull teeth to get documentation on the work that was done under warranty and noted that the mouse pad part was quot Used quot and the area where quot Condition quot was categorized was quot blank quot But that was after I got the computer back to work as I was in a hurry when I left I never thought that I should have had him boot the computer when I was there He says there is no quot jumper quot on this notebook whatever that is and that he did not disconnect anything that my main board coincidentally must have given out right after I left his shop He claims that there was no BIOS password on the unit and I told him it was working when I booted my notebook an hour before I brought it to this Toshiba authorized depot There are no updates for the BIOS on this notebook as my software techie checked for this on Toshiba s Support site and he tried again to put in m... Read more

A:can't replace bios password after warranty replacement of mouse pad toshiba notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-replace-bios-password-after-warranty-replacement-of-mouse-pad-toshiba-notebook.474988/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I have a new laptop, Acer Aspire V5-591G-56GL, I want to upgrade ram from 4gb to 8 or more, but I don't know if upgrading ram affect the warranty. Can you help me ?Thank, Tyburius.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-591G-56GL-RAM-upgrade-affect-warranty/td-p/448256
Relevancy 54.18%

I ve had this machine about stuck Inspiron or 11 pad--warranty parts on touch button (touch) week old 3558 3000 broken replacement? New about a week so far I really like it nbsp Can t say yet that I love it yet but it does what I need it to and the price is better than a tablet with the same functions and already has a keyboard nbsp This New week old Inspiron 11 3000 3558 (touch) stuck or broken button on touch pad--warranty parts replacement? machine is kept in a padded case when not used in my desk drawer it does not bounce around in my briefcase etc nbsp This morning the New week old Inspiron 11 3000 3558 (touch) stuck or broken button on touch pad--warranty parts replacement? left button on the touch pad does not work nbsp At first glance it sort of looks like it is caught on something or stuck the right button New week old Inspiron 11 3000 3558 (touch) stuck or broken button on touch pad--warranty parts replacement? works great a broken switch under the button is also possible but this thing doesn t move at all I d think a switch would still move just not contact properly inside nbsp I need my machine and I ve made a couple of upgrades like a SSD for the stock hard drive and a gig ram chip I am not thrilled about pulling those components in order to return for warranty replacement etc as I m pretty sure you won t be returning the same machine I sent in nbsp I m considering pulling it apart to see if it is indeed stuck so it can be pushed back out from the inside but if this is a common issue with this machine I d like to know that nbsp Can I be sent a new touch pad component I believe I saw this is a separate board that attaches to the motherboard with a ribbon cable nbsp I m not afraid of this procedure myself as I ve been building desktops since the s and this is a really simple hardware to work on from the looks of it nbsp Only thing I fervently wish this motherboard had is a second wireless socket for a cellular internet card it s currently wifi only nbsp Sigh I guess you can t have everything for the price level of this machine nbsp Looks like I have to settle for a stick or one of those wifi router things that connect to the cell data network and your computer accesses that router with wifi If dell can please send me a replacement touchpad board please do I am afraid to try to pry the button loose from the outside because there is such a tiny amount of space there and I d probably damage the plastic around the touchpad trying to pry it free nbsp I don t think anything got into the touch panel again because there s such a tiny amount of clearance here nbsp Thank heavens this is a touch screen don t need the touch pad for a lot of things and I can add a mouse but that just makes for more stuff to carry around would like this fixed nbsp I guess your chat is never open I ve tried a few times and it s always closed nbsp I imagine you d want the service tag on the machine I d prefer to supply that in a private communication as there is no telling what someone may try with that information nbsp

A:New week old Inspiron 11 3000 3558 (touch) stuck or broken button on touch pad--warranty parts replacement?

This is an fyi about the final resolution of this issue.  After a lot of arguing dell sent me what was supposed to be the touchpad but what I got was only the plastic palmrest no touchpad. Then because it's a "daughter card" I got more argument about the touchpad.  I got hot enough that I opened up the back, lifted out the battery, took out the two funky looking screws and the whole pad just fell right out of the machine.  The buttons seemed fine so I screwed it back down, put the battery back in and closed it up.  It's now great, the button was indeed hung up on the edge of the plastic palmrest.  This is a very well designed inside machine, it all screws down and all connections are with plugs or ribbon cables.  I wrote back to dell and told them they need to fire their tech manual writers because they're idiots, a monkey could have done this.  Apparently it is not easy to find only the mouse pad it's generally sold with the palmrest from what I can tell.  This whole machine is so well designed I scratch my head why the cpu isn't socketed unless they decided there was no room for a socket etc, which I can see that argument.  So if your mouse pad quits try popping it out first it may just be hung up.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682498
Relevancy 53.75%

Can I replace the battery in my Aspire R5-471T?

A:replacement battery for aspire r5

Hello, Yes it's possible:Spoiler (Highlight to read)Remove 12 screws from bottom cover.Use a plastic pry slice to insert to the gap near the IO connectors,pry all edges of the topcase to release all hocks.Lift the upper edge of top case to remove bottom cover.Disconnect the battery cable from main board.Disconnect the touch pad FFC from main board.Tear off the mylar from battery cable.Remove 2 screws from battery.Lift to remove the battery from top caseRemove 12 screws from bottom cover.Use a plastic pry slice to insert to the gap near the IO connectors,pry all edges of the topcase to release all hocks.Lift the upper edge of top case to remove bottom cover.Disconnect the battery cable from main board.Disconnect the touch pad FFC from main board.Tear off the mylar from battery cable.Remove 2 screws from battery.Lift to remove the battery from top caseHere is the part number of the battery:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KT.0040G.004 - BATTERY.POL.4C.3220MAHKT.0040G.004 - BATTERY.POL.4C.3220MAHYou can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone. --- Don't forget to recycle the old battery - Protecting our planet ---

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/replacement-battery-for-aspire-r5/td-p/416819/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all, Got a broken screen on my S7 and have a screen here to replace it. I've done many screen replacements on various laptops, ipads, iphones etc but not done one of these yet. There isn't much in the service manual on it (only explains how to detatch the LCD assembly) and there's no info on the internets anywhere on removing the LCD. I can't see any screw holes or anything on the new LCD i have here so i'm assuming the LCD is attached using an adhesive. My guess is that its similar to a macbook pro where you have to hit it with a heat gun then detach the screen with an opening tool. That said, that is just my guess. Can anyone on here tell me how its done before i have a sort of stab in the dark attempt myself? Cheers!

A:Aspire S7-391 screen replacement

Try This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38aodCpYZFo

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-S7-391-screen-replacement/td-p/302100
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all, Got a broken screen on my S7 and have a screen here to replace it. I've done many screen replacements on various laptops, ipads, iphones etc but not done one of these yet. There isn't much in the service manual on it (only explains how to detatch the LCD assembly) and there's no info on the internets anywhere on removing the LCD. I can't see any screw holes or anything on the new LCD i have here so i'm assuming the LCD is attached using an adhesive. My guess is that its similar to a macbook pro where you have to hit it with a heat gun then detach the screen with an opening tool. That said, that is just my guess. Can anyone on here tell me how its done before i have a sort of stab in the dark attempt myself? Cheers!

A:Aspire S7-391 screen replacement

Try This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38aodCpYZFo

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-S7-391-screen-replacement/td-p/302100/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

So i purchased a Aspire E E - G from newegg because i Aspire replacement E... battery regarding Question in needed a new laptop and didnt want to spend a Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E... lot of money What never occured to me untill after i paid for it was if the battery was replaceable from further research after newegg shipped it to me I found out that it may not be I am wondering if someone could tell me that if the battery goes bad can i send the computer to acer and have the battery fixed or am i basically going to have to purchase a new laptop when it Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E... dies I need a reliable laptop with a battery that is replaceable because i will charge my machine a lot If the battery is truly non replaceable then I was wondering if I should ship the computer back to newegg get a refund and look for a acer laptop with a battery that i can replace nbsp Thanks for any assistance nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E...

First thing you need to check, the laptop you have purchased from Newegg is under warranty or not. To help you check this, please find the link given below and enter the laptop Product Serial number on the warranty status box:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/sg-check-product-warranty-expiry If it is under warranty, you can claim the replacement for battery, please find the link below to contact Acer Support Center:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ If the laptop is not under warranty, it is recommended to approach Newegg for replacing the laptop. If you are planning to buy a new laptop, it is suggested to buy from HP or Lenovo or any higher configuration of laptop from Acer brand according to your choice. Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Question-regarding-battery-replacement-in-Aspire-E15-E5-574G/td-p/430003/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

Good evening everyone nbsp Going back a few months ago I was donated an Acer V - ms screen aspire v5-571 replacement cable laptop that was compleatly dead nbsp I was told the motherboard was believed to be fried and after searching for spare motherboards purchased a brand new Husk - m figured if the original motherboard was toast might as well fit one with more grunt than the original nbsp In my haste to see it working I fudged the original screen cable which resulted in the orignal cable melting and needing yet another replacement cable nbsp A few weeks later the second replacement board turned up same husk board of the previous one and after diagnosing a faulty ram stick the machine booted up but only via external monitor nbsp Trying to find a compatible replacement led cable has been a nightmare though So far have purchased about different screen cables with of them provides the monitor with power but not aspire v5-571 replacement screen cable the needed data connection nbsp So nbsp far all of aspire v5-571 replacement screen cable the replacements have been purchased from ebay I have noticed others available on other wesbites including acer spares but they seem rarely to post the cable serial number which makes it harder to say the aspire v5-571 replacement screen cable least nbsp I did manage to salvidge the orignal cable id sticker before binning it which is vm VA REV b however since I folded the cable into the chassis resulting in the cable melting I am not sure if this cable would be compatible with both the original petra motherboard as well as the replacement May seem easier to simply bin the laptop and invest into a new one which would be the logical choice but getting the machine this close back into working order and the fact its a lot more modern than what I am currently using with the added advantage being half the size and about lighter too I would appreciate any guidance or help that anyone could provide fixing laptops is still something very new and different to me

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-571-replacement-screen-cable/td-p/453388
Relevancy 52.89%

Friend cleaned his heatsink and now fan is failing, intermittent. Initial search from google is it's 90mm CPU fan so wondering if he can order stock and then swap it out, or if he needs a parts number to reorder. He doesn't want to open it again so I'd like to have the part there when I arrive next week to swap in for him, if possible.

quiet fan for slimline desktop

It's sounded like a Hoover since he got it so does it need the more expensive quiet model suggested above or will the stock ones here suffice? https://www.google.com/search?q=92mm...w=1067&bih=533

A:Need CPU fan replacement on Acer Aspire X1300

I'd normally suggest eBay, but it shows only one seller:

New Genuine Acer Aspire X1200 X1300 X1301 X1420 X1420G X1700 X1800 X3812 CPU Fan | eBay

and it's $35 (free shipping). Whether the OEM one has enough proprietary features to justify the expense over a generic, I have no idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268143-need-cpu-fan-replacement-acer-aspire-x1300.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop's keyboard stopped working (only the "a" and "1" keys will work). I believe this to be a hardware problem and would like to know what the exact model for a replacement keyboard is and where I could purchase one. After some researching some opinions said to change the entire top plate of the laptop, if that is a better solution I would need the model for it as well. Thank you

A:Need replacement keyboard for Acer Aspire E5 571 5...

Hello, Have you performed a power reset?Have you tried this using an external keyboard?Press Windows key + [X]  to open the device manager.In Device Manager, expand keyboard and right click and then click Uninstall.When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.Restart the computer.After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Need-replacement-keyboard-for-Acer-Aspire-E5-571-509R/td-p/439278/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

So i purchased a Aspire E E - G from newegg because i needed a new laptop and didnt want to spend a lot of money What never occured to me untill after i paid for it was if the battery was replaceable from further research after newegg shipped it to me I found out that it may not be I am wondering if someone could tell me that if the battery goes bad can i send the computer to acer and have the battery fixed or am i basically going to have to purchase a new laptop when it dies I need a reliable laptop with a battery that is replaceable because i will charge my machine a lot If the battery is truly non replaceable then I was replacement in E... regarding Question Aspire battery wondering if I should ship the computer back to newegg get a refund and look for a acer laptop with a battery that i can replace nbsp Thanks for any assistance nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E...

First thing you need to check, the laptop you have purchased from Newegg is under warranty or not. To help you check this, please find the link given below and enter the laptop Product Serial number on the warranty status box:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/sg-check-product-warranty-expiry If it is under warranty, you can claim the replacement for battery, please find the link below to contact Acer Support Center:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ If the laptop is not under warranty, it is recommended to approach Newegg for replacing the laptop. If you are planning to buy a new laptop, it is suggested to buy from HP or Lenovo or any higher configuration of laptop from Acer brand according to your choice. Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Question-regarding-battery-replacement-in-Aspire-E15-E5-574G/m-p/430003
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I need to replace the cooling fan in my Z5101 All in One - I ordered one on Amazon but they sent me a laptop fan.  I have googled for  hours and cannot find any links that direct on me on what model Cooler Master fan to buy or where I can get it.  Thanks for any assistance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-Z5101-Desktop-Replacement-Fan-Where-to-buy/td-p/449343
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Acer Aspire VN7-591G. Red bull gor accidentally poured over its keyboard, which made some of the keys stop working. I know that I can't just replace the keyboard, I need to replace the whole upper case. So my question is: where can I get the upper case? Which online stores sell the genuine, certified parts for Acer Aspire Laptops, specifically the Aspire VN7-591G.Thenk you in advance

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-vn7-591g-Keyboard-replacement/td-p/460065
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi there TechSpot Long time since I last posted but I had a very specific question I m not sure I could get answered elsewhere So my lady friend has been doing all her computing on her Droid RAZR (possible V5 -- replacement GPU y/n?) Acer Aspire Laptop which is kind of sad for me - as a long time system builder and power user - to watch With Christmas coming up her parents and I were going to buy her a laptop Now I work at an electronics retailer and on Black Friday we Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) started selling the Acer Aspire Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) V for I impulse bought it figuring with a GHz Core i and gigs of RAM it was no weakling for a beginner I ve always fantasized about playing games with an SO cooperatively and I thought maybe just maybe this rig could manage FPS in simple games like Magicka or even ambitiously Left Dead But no such luck despite the age of those games My question given that it s got Intel HD integrated graphics it s doubtful the machine even has a PCIe port on the motherboard But before I tear it apart to find out I thought I might Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) ask the wise minds of TechSpot So anybody have any idea if I can upgrade this sucker TL DR Bought a budget laptop for my girlfriend Want to know if I can upgrade from integrated video on this particular model an Acer V - nbsp

A:Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?)

There's no way to upgrade a video card in a laptop unless it's something from ASUS, MSI, Alienware, (If you're lucky)

But even if you could, the upgrade would probably be anywhere from $200-$600+ maybe even more. Old 7900GTX Go cards are still fetching roughly $100 on Ebay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gpu-replacement-acer-aspire-v5-possible-y-n.187518/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey Guys,After an unfortunate fall my Aspire V5-473P-6459 has a damaged LCD screen. The digitizer seems to work fine so I ordered the replacement LCD screen only. (http://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=ASPIRE%20V5-473P-6459&brand=Acer) When I tried to remove the old screen, I expected to find four screws holding the screen in, but instead there are plastic covers overtop of the metal tabs on the LCD screen. I have removed all the wiring, but I cant figure out how to get the screen out of this plastic casing. Does anyone have any experience with this, how hard is it to replace the LCD but keep the digitizer, are they always glued together, is it more work than its worth to try save it? I cant find much info online for the V5-473P so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-473P-6459-LCD-replacement-without-changing-the/td-p/465965
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I am in need to change my Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop's battery. There are 10.8V, 4400mAh / 48Wh parameters on original battery and I want to replace with battery having 11.1V, 4400mAh / 49Wh parameters. Will I have any issues with new battery? Is it safe for my laptop? Will it do any damage to my laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-battery-replacement/td-p/440064/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

I am looking for a replacement battery for my ACER Aspire 3634WLMi laptop and have noticed one available in Australia which is listed as a replacement for the Aspire 3630 and wondered if anyone could advise if this would be a suitable replacement for me.

Part number for the existing battery is:
Sanyo 4UR18650Y-QC219 Rating 14.8v at 2000mAh.

The replacement however is quoted at 11.10V at 6600mAh.

Anyone have any idea if the voltage difference will cause any problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacement-battery-acer-aspire-3634wlmi.867084/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everybody first time posting here but I've been a regular guest for a long time This forum has been of great help I have searched through the forum for an answer but the information became conflicting and confusing so I thought I would ask here The screen on my replacement ASPIRE screen touch ? V5-571P ASPIRE V - P- is cracked There's a straight inch diagonal gash on it just as if someone sliced it with a knife I'm still able to see everything on the screen but the touch function is lost so I need to ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ? replace it I've looked online but I don't know exactly which parts I need There are advertisements for the screen and then the digitizer and then the bezel and then possibly other stuff Can someone please tell me what exactly do I need to purchase to replace that screen so that the crack is gone and the touch function is restored Again everything else on the laptop is functional and intact except the crack on the screen glass and the resulting loss of the touch functionality ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ? Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

A:ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ?

You may only need to replace the Touch digitizer if the screen is undamaged. It is glass in front of the display.See the third item down herehttp://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=ASPIRE%20V5-571P-6604&brand=AcerThe manual doesn't show how to do that though.It might be a lot easier to just buy the complete ass'y.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-V5-571P-touch-screen-replacement/m-p/429207
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello nbsp I recently bought a faulty Acer S - that I wanted to fix The problem was with the iSSD board as soon as you turned the PC on the board started overheating one of the chips was faulty from measuring the heat I guess it was either power regulating chip or the ssd controller chip the device turned off after about - seconds after that nbsp Since the price of this board is aproximatelly as high as an entire functional Aspire replacement board iSSD Acer S3-391 laptop I dediced not to buy this one but the similiar one that had a mSATA slot and integrated wifi otherwise it looked the same connectors were also the same and it fitted the notebook nicely everything went smooth but Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement I encountered a problem when I turned on the laptop the battery wasnt charging nbsp I measured the voltages on the battery Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement and of the three cells each had V which means about V together missing V for total V as the battery specs say Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement so I left it recharge over hours but nothing happened any ideas nbsp Thanks

A:Acer Aspire S3-391 iSSD board replacement

Was it charging before you replaced the "iSSD board"? If it was, then the board is the problem.Maybe the "wrong" board is causing something to get crossed or shorted.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S3-391-iSSD-board-replacement/td-p/422382/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

I need to replace the keyboard on my acer laptop. My cat pulled a bunch of keys off and broke them. I have the replacement keyboard. How do you remove the old keyboard and install a new one?

HELP please

A:Acer Aspire 4720z keyboard replacement

Welcome to TSG forums.
Go here and download the manual for your computer. This should have guidelines for you.
http://us.acer.com/acer/service.do?...tx1g.c2att92=453&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=2054404012
VIcks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4720z-keyboard-replacement.909664/
Relevancy 52.46%

i got this acer t180 and im replacing the motherboard with a asus but in the same case. i got all the wires pluged in but the led the power and reset ect wires now how can i tell what wires are what. I got a green and white together and a orange and green together and a blue and white together and a red and white together all on the same plug. how can i tell what wires are for what...

A:Aser Aspire t180 motherboard replacement

If you bought an asus board there is a section in the book to tell you what goes where. I own 3 Asus boards, its always in the book.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aser-aspire-t180-motherboard-replacement.121329/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everybody first time posting here but I've been a regular guest for a long time This forum has been of great help I have searched through the ? screen replacement touch ASPIRE V5-571P forum for an answer but the information became conflicting and confusing so I thought I would ask here The screen on my ASPIRE V - ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ? P- is cracked There's a straight inch diagonal gash on it just as if someone sliced it with a knife I'm still able to see everything on the screen but the touch function is lost so I need to replace it I've looked ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ? online but I don't know exactly which parts I need There are advertisements for the screen and then the digitizer and then the bezel and then possibly other stuff Can someone please tell me what exactly do I need to purchase to replace that screen so that the crack is gone and the touch function is restored Again everything else on the laptop is functional and intact except the crack on the screen glass and the resulting loss of the touch functionality Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

A:ASPIRE V5-571P touch screen replacement ?

You may only need to replace the Touch digitizer if the screen is undamaged. It is glass in front of the display.See the third item down herehttp://www.screencountry.com/index.php?section=products&model=ASPIRE%20V5-571P-6604&brand=AcerThe manual doesn't show how to do that though.It might be a lot easier to just buy the complete ass'y.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-V5-571P-touch-screen-replacement/td-p/429207/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

How do I find the correct hard drive replacement for my Acer Aspire 5004WLMi without paying Acer? When I call they want me to talk to a pay to fix guy and all I want is to buy a replacement 100G drive.

Relevancy 52.03%

I Acer 15.4" Aspire screen 5000 replacement was a bit too harsh on my acer aspire I haven t been good about using it at a desk and the finishing blow to the screen was when it slid off my lap onto a tile floor after the screen had Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement already been flickering for about a month and I ended up damaging the screen to the point where the backlight will turn on but the LCD part of the screen will not function I started asking around and took the cover off of the screen to see if it was simply a broken connection or something simple to fix I noticed that the only electrical connections are two that are at the base of the screen After talking to a person from geeksquad even though they Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement don t sell Acers it sounds like if I could manage to find a quot screen that is compatible with my acer I should be able to replace it myself However I m nervous that I may have not seen a connection that would require some soldering a technique I have not yet mastered Has anyone tried anything like this with an acer before or could the problem possibly be something else that I may have overlooked nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5000 15.4" screen replacement

Hello, toret5, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it would be easier for you to just buy a whole new monitor, plus, as you say, a connection could have broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5000-15-4-screen-replacement.95322/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone!

I recently bought a new keyboard for my Aspire 7741G. I wanted to replace the old kb with the new one, but i`m having problems removing the old keyboard. I`ve unscrewed all screws, but the top "plate" (the one that holds the keyboard) is still holding somewhere in the middle. Any advice on how to remove the keyboard? Or if someone knows where to find a service guide/manual for this laptop. Any answer is appreciated. Many thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 7741G keyboard replacement

I don't know about Aspires, but while replacing a HDD in a Sony Vaio, the final screw holding the top plate was underneath the keyboard. All around the keyboard edges, there were "almost invisible" brackets holding the keyboard down. Had to use a very small screwdriver to carefully pop them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-7741g-keyboard-replacement.975568/
Relevancy 49.88%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 49.02%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

A:Can I extend the warranty after its manufacture warranty has...

Hello, If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty. if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-I-extend-the-warranty-after-its-manufacture-warranty-has/td-p/5628410
Relevancy 45.58%

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello nbsp I own a vn g for a few months now and i must say that i'm dissapointed by the experiences i have with it nbsp Beside low quality build and high price i'm really dissapointed by the touchpad 592g VN7 So I came to this forum as the last resort and driven by desperation nbsp VN7 592g nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Touchpad nbsp The touchpad moves by itself sometimes nbsp The touchpad is not accurate at all - advanced or basic mode in bios doesn't matter nbsp Tried to install and reinstall all the drivers possible that I could find online Still does not work and shows that has a life by itself nbsp Fresh windows install No change nbsp When the laptop gets a little warm and not only - Touchpad gets alive by itself nbsp Used a mouse - when the wi-fi or lan download or upload nbsp gets to maximul limit the mouse stops working or gets gets laggy and unusable - works fine without network traffic nbsp With touchpad in Basic mode bios even when i push the touchpad to do a click sometimes does not work not mentioning that tap to click works only when the stars align nbsp I will post a video showing the mouse behavior nbsp nbsp Battery nbsp nbsp nbsp even when it was new the battery did not last more than hours other market laptops have battery life span with two numbers but that's another story for another time nbsp Card Reader nbsp nbsp Tried to use the card reader a couple of times and got the blue screed on death every time I hoped it was a problem regardint the card and forgot that i have a card reader nbsp Bios nbsp I set a supervisior passord and i forgot it Need help nbsp nbsp I mention that i had to set up a supervisor password to be able to change nbsp the boot mode or smth wanted to test another operating sistem hoping that i might get a smooth experience nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ACER nbsp Do something nbsp nbsp PS buyback moneyback nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592g/td-p/455961
Relevancy 41.71%

I have just bought new acer aspire vn7-592g-74en model. I have installed windows 10 professional on it and out of sudden I got bsod related with wifi drivers. I have no idea who manufactured my wifi card, probably qualcom, but still if i install newest drivers from website I am getting randomly this windows restarting error, and when i get into dump files i can see it says something about Qcamain10x64.sys  driver. I have no idea how to fix it and it is so random that I have no idea how to protect myself from it.. Moreover acer hardware vendor identification tool says my laptop is not supported.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Bsod-VN7-592G/td-p/441806
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All, Well I have bought a VN7-592G-767Q and want to upgrade, I'm thinking of installing a M.2 SSD and was wondering if what type of M.2 drive is compatible with the mother board. Is it SATA III or PCIe.  I also want to upgrade the RAM as well I was thinking of getting the Kingston HyperX 32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM kit. Will this be compatible and give me the performance, if not can any one recommend the RAM's that will be compatible with this laptop. Also if you guys have can I get the a link to download the exact detailed technical manual of the laptop. Thanks for the help in advance much appreciated. Thanks Deepal 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-767Q/td-p/441935/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

I've recently bought a vn7 592g and I noticed that during game the heat goes to 80-90°celcius, and I was wondering if it was only my Pc or it's "normal" ? Because I read about heat problems on the 591g (old gen) but never on this new gen.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Vn7-592g-Overheat/td-p/455845
Relevancy 41.71%

As VN7 and SSD Upgrade 592G Ram there are few people who have reported about this laptop I decided to share my experience nbsp with you the exact model is nbsp ACER Aspire V nbsp Nitro VN - G- FHSo I bought this laptop a couple of days ago and I upgraded to a Samsung SSD EVO nbsp myself This part was fairly easy but when it came to the ram upgrade I went to the shop and they did the upgrade for me because it seemed quite complicated to me I highly recommend you VN7 592G Upgrade Ram and SSD leave this part to those nbsp with experience because getting the motherboard out is difficult and the mobo itself is very slim and it can easily break in half it seemed rather cheap for such an expensive laptop After the complete upgrade the laptop performs VN7 592G Upgrade Ram and SSD nbsp way faster it boots in seconds I also made a video here for you Check it out nbsp https youtu be NXyasCjXUT The Ram I installed is compatible also mentioned as such on the Kingston website nbsp This is how you cand dettach the keyboard - motherboard connectors nbsp https youtu be coCgUFU Xc nbsp I did this on a different laptop but the process is the same nbsp nbsp To install windows using uefi bios on the vn g download rufus and create a bootable usb

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Upgrade-Ram-and-SSD/td-p/435601/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys Just wondering if anyone has TB3 devices attached to their laptops (I do not have any TB3 devices to test) and can see if egpu support is possible using the following steps: Right-click on the Thunderbolt icon in your taskbar. When a Thunderbolt device is connected, this icon will appear automatically. If not, select the Start button and sroll through the program list to locate and open the Thunderbolt? Software first.In the context menu, select Settings and then go to Details....Look for "External GPUs supported" to see if the AKiTiO Node will work on your system (Yes) or not (No). https://www.akitio.com/information-center/node-gpu-compatibility Help would be greatly appreciated 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V15-VN7-592G-egpu/td-p/464852
Relevancy 41.71%

This laptop is only a few months old. Recently, in most cases when the battery goes down to exactly 24%, it switches off. It does not go into energy saving or hibernation, it simply switches off, losing all unsaved user data. Destroying the user's data is about the worst crime in the computer world, so this needs some reaction, apart from the fact that battery run time is shorter than promised. I have run through the battery recalibration exercise (charge fully while off, boot, go into safe mode, let the battery run empty) to no avail. Is there any better method for battery recalibration on this computer? The first information I need to localise the fault is whether the electronics responsible for shutting down are in the battery or in the computer. Please let me know, if anyone knows.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-always-switches-off-at-exactly-24/td-p/454908
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi. I have VN7-592G-71ZL. The right speaker work very good, but the left speaker is bad. Sounds from headphones is good both left and right. What is the part number of speakers? Could you advise analogs?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Bad-speaker-592G/td-p/462891
Relevancy 41.71%

I have just bought new acer aspire vn7-592g-74en model. I have installed windows 10 professional on it and out of sudden I got bsod related with wifi drivers. I have no idea who manufactured my wifi card, probably qualcom, but still if i install newest drivers from website I am getting randomly this windows restarting error, and when i get into dump files i can see it says something about Qcamain10x64.sys  driver. I have no idea how to fix it and it is so random that I have no idea how to protect myself from it.. Moreover acer hardware vendor identification tool says my laptop is not supported.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Bsod-VN7-592G/td-p/441806/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi All, Well I have bought a VN7-592G-767Q and want to upgrade, I'm thinking of installing a M.2 SSD and was wondering if what type of M.2 drive is compatible with the mother board. Is it SATA III or PCIe.  I also want to upgrade the RAM as well I was thinking of getting the Kingston HyperX 32GB (2x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM kit. Will this be compatible and give me the performance, if not can any one recommend the RAM's that will be compatible with this laptop. Also if you guys have can I get the a link to download the exact detailed technical manual of the laptop. Thanks for the help in advance much appreciated. Thanks Deepal 

A:VN7-592G-767Q

Hello, SSDHere are the original SSDs:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KN.2560A.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.256GB (Toshiba M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.2560B.021FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.256GB (Samsung M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.5120B.029FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Samsung M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.5120B.030FLASH.DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Samsung M.2 2280 PCIE Gen3x4)KN.5120L.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Lite-on M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.2560A.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.256GB (Toshiba M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.2560B.021FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.256GB (Samsung M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.5120B.029FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Samsung M.2 2280 SATA III)KN.5120B.030FLASH.DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Samsung M.2 2280 PCIE Gen3x4)KN.5120L.005FLASH DISK.SSD.NAND.512GB (Lite-on M.2 2280 SATA III)From chipset to M.2 connector: SATA III + PCIe X4Compatible memory modulesKingston

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-767Q/td-p/441935
Relevancy 41.71%

Has anyone investigated connecting an external GPU over the USB-C/Thunderbolt port of this model? It sounds possible, assuming the Acer bios supports it? Acer? If so, what hardware have you used? Many thanks Tom

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-external-GPU/td-p/449394
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Acer VN7 592G laptop with full HD monitor.If anyone out there has the same model and you calibrated the display, can you please share the ICC calibrated profile here ? Thank you in advance. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-monitor-profile/td-p/439272/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

My brand new Aspire V 15 Nitro continuously restarts when not connected to power. The battery is fully charged, but still it restarts, stays on for about 30 seconds and then restarts again (and again). I have the newest BIOS version, and have updated most of the other drivers as well. Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I spent a lot of money on this laptop and I will need the battery for school. Thanks

A:VN7-592G Restarts when on Battery

HI, Please use HW monitor and check the current capacity of the battery and the wear level. If you have extremely high wear level this can be the issue. Also did you update the AMT driver from intel? AMTIntelIntel AMT Driver11.0.0.116663.0 MB2016/04/08Download

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Restarts-when-on-Battery/td-p/444992/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

So I was just about to purchase the VN7-592G-788W from amazon (the 4K model with the i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, GTX 960M 4GB and 512GB SSD) and it suddenly disappeared. Amazon stopped selling it, along with Adorama camera, and it disappeared off Acer's website. What the heck? And also, when will the Skylake V Nitros come with Intel RealSense cameras? Its already August it was supposed to be out ages ago....

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/What-happened-to-the-VN7-592G-788W-The-only-4K-model-of-the-VN7/td-p/447042
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Acer VN7 592G laptop with full HD monitor.If anyone out there has the same model and you calibrated the display, can you please share the ICC calibrated profile here ? Thank you in advance. 

A:VN7 592G monitor profile

bump!

Owner of an Aspire Black Edition VN7 592G 79FH

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-monitor-profile/td-p/439272
Relevancy 41.28%

Anyone out there who did a bios update on the VN7 592G can confirm if ram speed is the same after bios update?? (2133mhz)Thanks in advance. PS: I asked this question because I did a bios update on a toshiba laptop and ram speed decreased from 1600 to 1333mhz after update and there was no way to access ram speed in bios on that laptop. I hope things don't go the same way with acer.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/vn7-592g-bios-update/td-p/444279/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

nbsp Hello Acer forum nbsp I bought the VN - G black with skylake i amp GTX just before Christmas nbsp I have fitted a SSD and GB DDR ram and on the whole I am impressed with the performance of the laptop nbsp nbsp However nbsp I get GPU throttling almost immediately after starting a game e g fallout nbsp The CPU temps are stable at but the GPU reaches C almost straight away and throttles nbsp Most throttling complaints I have seen regarding this laptop series are to do with the CPU which makes me wonder if the high GPU temps I have are normal nbsp Can anyone advise nbsp I have the laptop propped up on a hard surface to get air in from underneath nbsp I also have the ACER cool boost on permanently nbsp Here is a screen shot from an MSI afterburner log nbsp You can see the GPU temp limit is reached and the laptop throttles the GPU to keep it below C nbsp Is there anything I can do nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-GPU-temp-throttling/td-p/431580/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

Is the V15 Nitro Black Edition's Thunderbolt 3 port active or passive? And will Acer release a BIOS update for this model to support eGFX? I want to get an external graphics dock to pair with this laptop when they're released! From Anandtech:"Not just any laptop/desktop with Thunderbolt 3 can support an external GPU, as there are specific hardware and software requirements, which is why the Blade Stealth is the first qualified laptop. In particular, laptops need to support what is being called the Thunderbolt 3 external graphics standard, or eGFX for short. The eGFX standard in turn requires that vendors implement the necessary extensions for external graphics into their BIOS, including functionality necessary to support plug ?n play operation. Also required is v.16 (or later) of the Thunderbolt firmware, Windows 10, and an active (not passive) Thunderbolt cable for bandwidth reasons."

A:Acer VN-592G and Thunderbolt 3

I reas, forgot where, that the Acer Thunderbolt port can not be used for charging and that was all, except Here acer say you can charge the V Nitro with it.http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/series/aspirevnitro The active/ passive concerns the cable to connect to ? with.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN-592G-and-Thunderbolt-3/td-p/426170
Relevancy 41.28%

nbsp Hello temp/throttling GPU VN7-592G Acer forum nbsp I bought the VN7-592G GPU temp/throttling VN - G black VN7-592G GPU temp/throttling with skylake i amp GTX just before Christmas nbsp I have fitted a SSD and GB DDR ram and on the whole I am impressed with the performance of the laptop nbsp nbsp However nbsp I get GPU throttling almost immediately after starting a game e g fallout nbsp The CPU temps are stable at but the GPU reaches C almost straight away and throttles nbsp Most throttling complaints I have seen regarding this laptop series are to do with the CPU which makes me wonder if the high GPU temps I have are normal nbsp Can anyone advise nbsp I have the laptop propped up on a hard surface to get air in from underneath nbsp I also have the ACER cool boost on permanently nbsp Here is a screen shot from an MSI afterburner log nbsp You can see the GPU temp limit is reached and the laptop throttles the GPU to keep it below C nbsp Is there anything I can do nbsp

A:VN7-592G GPU temp/throttling

Hi, Most probably most of the people don't check carefully what causes the throttle, so they assume the CPU. They just see the frame drop. Your game is quite GPU intensive as it is written on steam. You should also post an image to see how much your cpu usage is compared to the GPU. And I notice something odd as well. Your GPU frequency is at 540 MHZ which is well below the maximum speed which is 1097+boost (I assume you have a GTX 960M). And it never reaches that speed, even at the beggining when your temperature is well below the throttling point. The only suggestion from my side, is to change the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU, and it will help a lot. I did this on my 591G and it helped a lot, however I cannot tell you in games, since I don't use it for gaming, but in stress tests is quite clear that it improved the temperatures.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-GPU-temp-throttling/td-p/431580
Relevancy 41.28%

Is the V15 Nitro Black Edition's Thunderbolt 3 port active or passive? And will Acer release a BIOS update for this model to support eGFX? I want to get an external graphics dock to pair with this laptop when they're released! From Anandtech:"Not just any laptop/desktop with Thunderbolt 3 can support an external GPU, as there are specific hardware and software requirements, which is why the Blade Stealth is the first qualified laptop. In particular, laptops need to support what is being called the Thunderbolt 3 external graphics standard, or eGFX for short. The eGFX standard in turn requires that vendors implement the necessary extensions for external graphics into their BIOS, including functionality necessary to support plug ?n play operation. Also required is v.16 (or later) of the Thunderbolt firmware, Windows 10, and an active (not passive) Thunderbolt cable for bandwidth reasons."

A:Acer VN-592G and Thunderbolt 3

I reas, forgot where, that the Acer Thunderbolt port can not be used for charging and that was all, except Here acer say you can charge the V Nitro with it.http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/series/aspirevnitro The active/ passive concerns the cable to connect to ? with.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN-592G-and-Thunderbolt-3/td-p/426170/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,I have one of the earlier revisions of the VN7-592G that came WITHOUT the intel realsense webcam that was introduced in this model from January this year. I'm trying to download the drivers for the older webcam but they appear to have been removed from the Acers drivers webpage. Anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the correct driver? Also, the Acer hardware detection software is showing as 'Not supported on this Computer', so I can't determine the precise make and model of the camera. Anyone else faced this issue?Regards,Mike 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Camera-Driver-VN7-592G/td-p/436495/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

I just bought the VN7-592G. It comes with one Thunderbolt 3 USB C port. Has anyone bought or can recommend any multiport adapters that have an one HDMI other USB ports? Have any useful devices that use this port?  Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Thunderbolt-3-devices-for-VN7-592G/td-p/461959
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,I have one of the earlier revisions of the VN7-592G that came WITHOUT the intel realsense webcam that was introduced in this model from January this year. I'm trying to download the drivers for the older webcam but they appear to have been removed from the Acers drivers webpage. Anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the correct driver? Also, the Acer hardware detection software is showing as 'Not supported on this Computer', so I can't determine the precise make and model of the camera. Anyone else faced this issue?Regards,Mike 

A:Camera Driver VN7-592G

Hi Mike Download & run Speccy. This program will tell you the Vendor of your webcam (plus other components of your laptop). Then go to the vendors website - they should have a support page with all available drivers. Download & install it, and it should then work. Just create a system restore point in case things go wrong.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Camera-Driver-VN7-592G/td-p/436495
Relevancy 41.28%

I plan to put very fast SSD into VN-592G, like 512GB Samsung 950 Pro SSD PCIe Gen.3 x4. Is there a compatibility list about such a devices?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Very-fast-m-2-PCIe-x4-SSD-into-VN7-592G/td-p/431047/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

Anyone out there who did a bios update on the VN7 592G can confirm if ram speed is the same after bios update?? (2133mhz)Thanks in advance. PS: I asked this question because I did a bios update on a toshiba laptop and ram speed decreased from 1600 to 1333mhz after update and there was no way to access ram speed in bios on that laptop. I hope things don't go the same way with acer.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/vn7-592g-bios-update/td-p/444279
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey, I have problem with my VN7-592G, it's easily reach 90 degree celcius when gaming. Moreover, I am playing with low graphic on Diablo 3.Anyone have this issue with high temperature? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-High-Temperature/td-p/450447
Relevancy 41.28%

My brand new Aspire V 15 Nitro continuously restarts when not connected to power. The battery is fully charged, but still it restarts, stays on for about 30 seconds and then restarts again (and again). I have the newest BIOS version, and have updated most of the other drivers as well. Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated, as I spent a lot of money on this laptop and I will need the battery for school. Thanks

A:VN7-592G Restarts when on Battery

HI, Please use HW monitor and check the current capacity of the battery and the wear level. If you have extremely high wear level this can be the issue. Also did you update the AMT driver from intel? AMTIntelIntel AMT Driver11.0.0.116663.0 MB2016/04/08Download

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Restarts-when-on-Battery/td-p/444992
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a problem with my 2 months old VN7 592g. Everytime i use it on battery, the notebook works few minutes (around 20-30), then restarts and keeps on restarting until i plug the adapter again. The restarts intervals are shorter every time to the point, when the notebook only boots and restarts after few seconds. Battery is in good condition (barely used), drivers and bios were updated several times. I believe this is software issue, as after few restarts i see some window repair screen, which will last there long time if i dont choose any of the options. And battery voltage is cca 12,5 volts when plugged, but falls down slowly to 11,5 - can that cause the issue?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592g-restarting-when-on-battery/td-p/449499
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I sometimes plug my V15 Nitro Black Edition via HDMI into the HDTV in my living room. Unfortunately the TV has no overscan option that I can find in the settings, and I'm also unable to find it in the Intel graphics properties or Nvidia Control Panel. Anyone have any idea what I can do? I've tried setting up custom resolutions through the Intel properties which does have an option for underscan, but after setting a custom resolution, it makes no changes at all. 

A:Overscan Option for VN7-592G

I found two things which possibly won't help you. "In order to get the picture to fit they could change the overscan setting on the TV (if it's there). A universal alternative for an Nvidia card is to use the Nvidia Control Panel ? first change the resolution to one appropriate for the TV (720p or 1080p) then look for the 'adjust size and position' settings and shrink the image to fit the screen."and"After playing around with the TV I found the setting to fix it. For those using Hannspree there is a setting under screen size which is by default set to Auto. This sets the LCD to think the input signal is TV." I looked at my Samsungs settings and under Picture Options there is two settings set to Auto.Maybe there is something on yours that you overlooked."if its a monitor, and not a TV, why would it have the Overscan feature at all?"

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Overscan-Option-for-VN7-592G/td-p/425629/jump-to/first-unread-message