Windows Support Forum

Lenovo T410 - Battery Plugged in and Not Charging

Q: Lenovo T410 - Battery Plugged in and Not Charging

The thinkpad hasn't been used for nearly a year and two months since i purchased it from my friend. Lenovo Power Manager recongnized the battery for a few seconds then says: Could not detect battery, please reinsert battery or recharge the battery. I applied double sided tape to the thinkpad battery so it wouldn't wobble. Still the same problem. Battery was purchased 2014-06-04.It is an aftermarket battery.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3413116
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo T410 - Battery Plugged in and Not Charging

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 108.5%

Recently my T410 laptop has had issues with charging the battery, the battery is plugged in and not charging.I have attempted updating the firmware for the battery, it failes half way through as the battery cannot be not identified.The lenovo power mannager does not resolve the issue either as it cannot detect the battery. Any advice on diagnostics or resolutions would be greatly appreciated, as after contacting lenovo support, they simply told me to replace the battery. Which I am happy to do but only as a last resort. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Lenovo-T410-Battery-Plugged-in-and-Not-Charging/td-p/3355260
Relevancy 108.36%

Okay so my keyboard dock works fine I restarted it once paperclip method after dying on me but afterwards nothing was really wrong with it Now the tablet's battery is acting funny At first I thought it but... Helix - plugged charging... Battery in, Lenovo was just my keyboard dock not charging my tablet so I detatched the keyboard and the tablet completely shut off I plugged the AC adapter into the tablet and Lenovo Helix - Battery plugged in, charging... but... it came back to life but it would not charge at all The keyboard dock would be at but the tablet itself would only be at I have installed the Lenovo Dependency Package thing and the firmware update but it didn't change anything Now even though it says plugged in charging on my tablet it's not really charging So whenever I unplug the tablet or detatch the tablet from the keyboard dock the system completely turns off because it's only at Please help me Thank you nbsp nbsp EDIT Okay so I unplugged the AC adapter while the keyboard dock was on and then Battery the tablet battery drained down to and its status is now Plugged in not charging while Battery is plugged in charging I also got a pop up notification saying there's an error in battery see replacement options I clicked it but it was a dead browser link Also when I go to the Support app it says under messages that my battery is not valid but I don't know how that happened nbsp I've only had my Helix for about months now

A:Lenovo Helix - Battery plugged in, charging... but...

Imaginary,

Welcome to the forum.   First, have you already updated to latest BIOS and installed this dock firmware update?

Also, could you check the battery health setting as per this tip?

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=HT078267

I also assume you read this thread... 
http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Tablet-ThinkPad-Laptops/Helix-Battery-Plugged-in-not-charging/m...

Best regards,

Mark

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Lenovo-Helix-Battery-plugged-in-charging-but-not-really/td-p/1210182
Relevancy 107.07%

Hi,I have a Lenovo Z50-70 running Windows 8.1. The laptop is relatively new, bought in Jan. 2015.Some time ago, the original battery suddenly started to have a problem where it would say 45% available, plugged in, not charging. No matter what fixes I tried (after looking through a lot of articles, posts, comments, etc.), nothing made the battery start charging again. It always stays at 45%. Also the battery light/indicator on the front of the laptop is always blinking white.So I got a new battery, put it in hoping that it would work and charge up to 100%, but the new battery is having exactly the same problem as the original old one! It will only charge up to 45%, then it says plugged in not charging. The battery light is again always blinking white.What do I do? How can this be fixed? What's going on?Appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

A:Lenovo Z50-70 battery plugged in not charging, won't charge no matter what I do

Sounds like it may be either the charger or the charging port at fault here.  However, I have a couple of questions...1. Does the battery charge increase at all if you leave the machine turned off and plugged in, or does it still report 45%?2. Does it power on when only on battery power?3. Was the new battery a new, genuine Lenovo part?There seem to be a lot of people reporting similar issues with this model unfortunately.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156537.0.html
Relevancy 107.07%

Hello I have problem with my battery. When i unplug AC power laptop is not started. It's running only when the AC is plugged in. Mabe it's a problem  with windows 8.1. Did anyone has this probelem before?Please help.

Solved!

Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Z710 Battery Plugged in Not Charging Proble...

hi MlodyDziura,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Can you Verify that when the Computer is Plugged in and Turned on the battery icon on the lower right states that it is Plugged in not Charging.
      And how many Percent it says on the status.

Thanks
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z710-Battery-Plugged-in-Not-Charging-Problem/td-p/1550978
Relevancy 97.61%

Good afternoon all nbsp While I have researched the heck out of this issue I have not been able to come up with anything useful I have been having this ongoing problem with my Lenovo 10) Above T410 Battery - (Windows 74% Not Charging T laptop and the battery charging above Sometimes the charging light will turn amber sometimes it will stay green with a random quick flash here and there I'm trying T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% to determine for a fact if the battery I have is not functioning or if it's something else T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% causing it Below are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot nbsp Completely discharged battery and recharged with laptop off Reseated battery and attempted to remove dust from battery connection port Checked Windows registry for settings regarding charging actions at certain percentages This was initially upgraded to Win - Fully remove Lenovo Power Manager from machine Verify using HWInfo that it appears the battery health is good can provide image if requested Completely reformatted and fresh installed Windows There may be a step or two I have forgotten but if someone asks I'll let you know if I did it or not I would love to get this fixed as the laptop serves my purposes other than having a fully charged battery If there's a surefire way to know factually if it's the battery then I'll go ahead and replace it Thanks all

A:T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74%

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Open Lenovo Power Manager -> switch to advanced -> Battery -> Battery Maintenance -> Perform Reset. It will take a lot of time to complete, don't remove AC power while this is running. Let it run while you are sleeping or something similar so that you won't have to interrupt the process.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Battery-Not-Charging-Above-74/td-p/3373420
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi,
I have a dell xps 12, bought in 2012. Recently the battery stopped charging. The battery shows 0%, so I have to be plugged in to turn the laptop on. When it is on, the battery icon on the task bar says "plugged in, charging" but after a day it is still 0%.
Since then I bought a new battery. Just fitted it, but now the battery icon on the task bar says "plugged in, not charging". Furthermore, when I Fn+F3 to show the battery meter, it says "battery charging diabled". There is no option here to turn battery charging on. Nor is there an option to enable battery charging in BIOS. 
BIOS does show battery performing normally, so does the battery meter (Fn+F3). BIOS also shows AC adapter as 45W, which is the original adapter.
Any help is appreciated!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990070
Relevancy 89.44%

Good afternoon all,

I have been in the process of making my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, a much better device to use. While I've been having HDD issues, my main issue right now is the battery that I had purchased. With the IBM Power Manager software, the battery is listed as a Sanyo 42T4710. It is a 9 cell battery and I will provide any other information you need.

When I had first purchased the device, after charging for awhile the battery icon on the laptop would begin to flash amber. It will not charge to 100%, and usually stops at 96%. With the battery manager, the charge threshold is set to "Always Full Charge (Start when below 96% and end at 100%). I tried to run the battery gauge reset option, however the laptop permanently stayed at 96% and never discharged lower than that.

Are there any recommendations that you can make for what I should do with the battery?

Thanks!

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410: Bought a different battery, issues reporting %

Does it charge to 100 when laptop is shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372204-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bought-different-battery-issues-reporting.html
Relevancy 86.43%

For a few months now at some point my battery would indicate nn plugged in Battery not plugged in, unaccessable battery charging AND not charging and would maintain that charge as long as it was plugged in Running on the battery the charge would eventually diminish and in order to get the battery to charge again I have gone through to process of uninstalling the ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery in Device Manager Usually within Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable hours things would revert back to plugged in not charging However that is no longer remedying the problem When this was Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable an issue the indicator light next to where the AC Adaptor plugs in would flash blue Also I upgraded from Win to a few weeks ago but this issue has been occurring for a few months now nbsp Now the battery reads plugged in not charging and when I use the HP Support Assistant to check the battery I get the message HP Battery Check was unable to access the battery I have performed a hard reset reset Battery plugged in, not charging AND battery unaccessable the BIOS and updated the BIOS all nbsp to no avail If I unplug the adaptor the computer shuts off nbsp Any suggestions for additional fixes I have seen one additional suggestion to do a system recovery but I have not yet made a recovery disk for win I do have one for the win and would it make any difference anyway since the plugged in not charging problem was occurring under win

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging-AND-battery-unaccessable/td-p/5718067
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi nbsp I have read many people have similar issues for other models other than my Thinkpad x AL but battery - battery not x240 plugged - charging removing the battery won't solve my x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging problem nbsp It is plugged in it says plugged in but battery is not charging none of the two batteries this laptop has nbsp I have gone to Driver Manager and uninstalled the Microsoft drivers under battery section After restarting or scanning for new hardware these drivers appear again and the problem is not solved nbsp I have restarted de computer Problem not solved nbsp I have removed the batter and put it back Problem not solved nbsp x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging After one night I switched on the laptop and one of the battery has charged Right now it says plugged in charging and x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging it shows already although it keeps charging The other battery still shows not charging nbsp I believe this must be a software issue some power management that prevents the laptop from charging the battery But where is that software and how to configure it or remove it nbsp I have looked for Lenovo Power Management and similar and it is not installed on my laptop nbsp Anybody knows what I am talking about

A:x240 - battery - plugged battery not charging

I have a very similar problem, how was yours fixed in the end?Someone please help, very frustrating!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x240-battery-plugged-battery-not-charging/td-p/1484738
Relevancy 86.43%

Need Help The problem started from June about AM UTC Philippine Help!!Battery:Plugged charging) In,Charging(but really not Manila I open my Notebook that morning to check Help!!Battery:Plugged In,Charging(but not really charging) on my e-mails and bills at gmail but it's not powering up At first I thought that the battery was slightly drained because I saw my sister still using it Help!!Battery:Plugged In,Charging(but not really charging) at midnight I asked her if she did not plugged in the charger when it is nearly drained but she said she plugged it and it is still full when she shut it down It is Li-ion Battery I tried plugging in the charger to check whether it still has remaining battery It powered up On the taskbar notifications running apps it says Available Plugged In Charging So to check out the problem I left it turned off charging for about two hours Then after two hours it still says Available Plugged In Charging What the hell is this I asked my self I installed an app to check the status of the battery Battery Bar Battery Bar says something like this Capacity K of K mWh not sure about this Charging mW Running on AC Available Something like that Summary Notes Does not power up without Charger It detects the Battery saying Available Plugged In Charging Though Plugged In Charging it does not charge at all because of mW charge rate It turns off when the Charger is plugged out It still run even without the Battery when the Charger was plugged in of course then a red x mark shows in the notification taskbar battery icon Thus The problem is somewhere in the Laptop or in the Battery It is not the battery ports connectors nor in the charger connector because the OS still can detect it

A:Help!!Battery:Plugged In,Charging(but not really charging)

How old is it? Most likely the battery if you use it a lot on battery power, not plugged in.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66798-help-battery-plugged-charging-but-not-really-charging.html
Relevancy 86.43%

HelloHP EliteBook 840 G2The indicator shows: Battery plugged in, chargingbut really the battery not charging - bar doesn't movePlease help, what to do?

A:Battery plugged in, charging - but really not charging

Dear Customer,Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support ForumIt looks like your Notebook is not charging the Battery, We will surely assist you with this issuePlease perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:Step 01. Click on the Start ButtonStep 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device ManagerStep 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the leftStep 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstallNote: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook againStep 05. Please Shutdown the NotebookStep 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power AdapterStep 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 MinuteStep 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power AdapterStep 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery iconAfter performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different NotebookNote: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system boardHow to improve the life of a Battery:1. It is not advisable to use the Notebook when the Power Adapter is connected2. It is not advisable to keep the Power Adapter plugged in even after the Battery is fully charged3. You need to let the battery drain completely before charging again4. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life5. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level6. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use7. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in useTesting and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.Thank You,K N R KAlthough I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-charging-but-really-not-charging/td-p/5110317
Relevancy 85.57%

i bought lenovo g50-80 from amazon . problem of not charging started on first day itself. It charged well upto 60% ,but after 60%  it is continuously showing 'plugged in not charging' .It is frustrating to have a technical issue on a new laptop.please provide a solution .P.S.- I am using window 10

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-g50-80-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3371769
Relevancy 85.57%

The title is the message I ve been getting for about the past month and a half I noticed my battery draining even while plugged in until it finally got to With the power adapter plugged in the laptop still runs but I just recently had an experience where the laptop was suddenly cutting off even while plugged in I ve done as much troubleshooting as possible but I haven t been able to figure out the problem I managed to switch the laptop over into power saver mode and it s been letting Battery: in, charging) (Plugged 0% Available me use it without dying immediately on me I Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging) have an internal battery so the option to Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging) remove and power it on separately isn t an option for me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Battery: 0% Available (Plugged in, charging) version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA VG S Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled This is my final call for help before I go through the long and tedious process of sending my only working computer to the repair center for several weeks time Help Edited to add Troubleshooting steps taken Tried a Hard reset using the pin-hole reset button for the internal battery while completely unplugged Tried uninstalling reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

The last 2 days I have had this problem with a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, and have been using it with the power adapter/charger plugged in. Yet this morning I have started up the laptop with the power plugged in, and now it shows that the battery is plugged in & charging !!
Checking the battery yesterday it showed " battery life- moderate." As everything works fine with the power adapter plugged in, I assume that the adapter is fine.
If the problem arises again, can I use a power adapter from a Dell Inspiron 630M laptop which runs Windows 7 ? This Inspiron 1545 laptop runs Windows Vista.
Hopefully someone can advise re the use of the 630M adapter with the 1545. Will it be safe ? I do not want to cause damage to the Vista machine.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304743-battery-plugged-not-charging.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have a lenovo b40, which isn't charging. Yesterday it showed "plugged in, not charging". Now, even with the charger plugged in, it doesn't display anything. Also, the power light is blinking. I pressed down the power switch with the battery attached, it simply blinked faster. When I tried the same thing without the battery, nothing happened.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B40-plugged-in-not-Charging-with-the-battery-light-blinking/td-p/3468564
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello - My laptop is not charging. It displays "plugged in, not charging". I've tried uninstalling the battery driver from the the device manager and reinstalling with no luck. I've even tried switching batteries. The computer does run only on AC power if I remove the battery. Anyone have ideas on what else I can try? Thanks

A:Battery plugged in, not charging

Did you follow these steps when uninstalling?https://youtu.be/Lx62t6qZ34U

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5800015
Relevancy 85.57%

My battery does not charge when plugged in (says plugged in, not charging).  Can't figure out how to fix it. Please help!

A:Battery not charging and plugged in

Shayna226 wrote:My battery does not charge when plugged in (says plugged in, not charging).  Can't figure out how to fix it. Please help! Hi, Kindly follow the steps here http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-update-prevents-batt... Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-charging-and-plugged-in/td-p/5767728
Relevancy 85.57%

My dell inspirion says plugged In not charging I have replaced the motherboard,battery,and charger please help

A:Battery says plugged I not charging

Munchlax as obvious as it may sound you have got the right battery mate? and do the voltages match for the battery and the adaptor?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306766-battery-says-plugged-i-not-charging.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I bought a new battery for my laptop because the original one had lost endurance, it would last only about 45 minutes, anyway. So I put the new battery in and the computer sometimes doesn't recognize it, sometimes it does but most of the time it says : Plugged in but not charging.

I'm not too sure what to do, I made sure to buy the exact same battery with the same model #, etc.

A:NEW battery plugged in but not charging

1. Shut Down the laptop.
2. Press the power button then tap the F2 key until a blue screen appears.
3.On the left sided menu arrow down to Battery Info.
What does it show ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging.894146/
Relevancy 85.57%

My battery now shows 0% available. I have run the diagnostic from hp assist, and got the message to recalibrate. I cant. My battery wont charge, and my computer wont turn on when it is unplugged. I ran the system extensive test and got , in red; FAILURE ID : U4XCXV-75F83H-MFPV7G-C0B303. Can somebody please help me?

A:plugged in, battery not charging

Was the failure ID associated with some specific component of the hardware test? What is your exact model number, please and how old is the laptop and the battery?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/plugged-in-battery-not-charging/td-p/5595161
Relevancy 85.57%

My new HP worked well for two months and now the battery is at 0% and wont charge. Im using windows 10 and its a new gaming laptop. Not sure what to do. Cheers Matt

A:Battery at 0% not charging when plugged in

Its under warranty, I would think. Start a Support case. Where are you located (country)?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-at-0-not-charging-when-plugged-in/td-p/5594405
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Once my laptop was working fine then all of a sudden it shut down automatically and then  I tried to start i was not able to start it without adapter.The battery says it is plugged in charging but actually it is not charging at all.It is stuck at 0%.And sometime it doed not even detect the battery.I hope you can help me. My Laptop name : Hp envy 15t-j100 select editionProduct number:F0D26AV And I purchased this laptop from US and I am using this in India.I contacted the customer care of India and they says that this model is not available in India.So they cannot do about it.

A:Battery plugged in not charging

Hi there @Jogi43?,  Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I understand that your battery is saying that it is plugged in and charging, but it does not actually charge.  I did some research and found some documents for you based on the issue you had described.  HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge - If your notebook computer battery does not power the notebook or will not hold a charge, troubleshoot the battery to see if it needs to be replacedHP Notebook PCs - Improving Battery Performance (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista). HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) - To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this article to test your battery and calibrate it if necessaryPlease follow these provided troubleshooting steps, re-post and let me know the results. Thank you! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5218578
Relevancy 85.57%

My laptop was working fine yesterday, but when I booted it up this morning, I got the dreaded "Plugged in, not charging". I've tried the fix that's everywhere on the internet
>Disconnect AC
>Shutdown
>Remove battery
>Connect AC
>Startup
>In Device Manager, Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall
>Shutdown
>Disconnect AC
>Insert battery
>Connect AC
>Startup

but when I finished, it still said "Plugged in, not charging" I'm a poor college kid, so I don't know If I can afford a new battery. help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384109-battery-plugged-not-charging.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Acer laptop
2 months old

I did the followings but did not fix it :

Unplugged the machine
Removed the battery
Plugged everything back in ( except the battery ) and loaded the machine
Turned off the machine
Put the battery back in.

This is the 2nd time. Fisrt time I fixed that by performing the above steps. Not this time.
Google search suggests faulty adaptor, as well as contacting Acer while still in warranty.

After googling, I came across this suggestion :
Device Manager > expand Battery > Right click at Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > uninstall > Action button > Scan for hardware changes

That did not solve the issue either.

Is there anything else I can do without calling Acer ?

A:96% Battery plugged in but not charging

Call Acer. You have a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/177730-96-battery-plugged-but-not-charging.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello, I only bought this laptop a few weeks ago and it does not seem to charge propery (or so it says). As the title suggests when plugged in and I hover over the batter it says "plugged in not charging" It has been like this for a couple weeks now and still has not gone flat as long as it is plugged in, so some sort of charging must be taking place right?  Just want to know if I can fix this just so I am able to see when it's charging and use it without leaving it plugged in. Currently I keep it plugged in at all times in fear of it dying. Thanks for any help in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-says-quot-Plugged-in-not-charging-quot/td-p/5807109
Relevancy 85.57%

My laptop shut down automatically although there is remaining 30% battery. And the laptop is not charging  ( Plugged in, not charging ) after 90-94% battery is charged.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5806513
Relevancy 85.57%

My battery is at 0% and says "plugged in not charging". Whenever I unplug my charger my computer dies so all the solutions that require me to take out my battery dont work. How can I fix this problem so i can use my computer when it is unplugged. Thanks!

A:Plugged in, not charging battery

Hi,there coudl be several reason for this... such as.1) if the battery is charged for around 90%(depends on model to model it may be 80% also) its normal to avoid anty unwanted charge cycle. this will help improve battery life.2) if the machine is not charging because to used in too hot ambient temprature or its heating up for some reason. option is to let the machine cool down and it will start charging. this is again technology limitation and safety measure.3) if above are not true: Try this:.Disconnect ACShutdownRemove batteryConnect ACStartupOpen Device ManagerClick the plus (+) sign next to Batteries category, right-click All of the "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" listings, and select Uninstall In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK. (it?s ok if you only have 1 of these listings).Click the plus (+) sign next to System Devices.Right-click the ?ACPI Fixed Features Button" and select Uninstall. In the "Confirm Device Uninstall" dialog box, click OK.ShutdownDisconnect ACInsert batteryConnect ACStartuphope it helps, Good Luck !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Plugged-in-not-charging-battery/td-p/5695205
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,I am having a strange issue. I was running windows 8.1 and then I downgraded to windows 7 and since I have downgraded to windows 7 I am having this problem battery 0% plugged, not charging. As soon as I remove the power, laptop shuts down. My laptop is less than one year old.I tried all the options on internet such as uninstalling battery driver through Device Manager.Main question I would like to ask, is this a software issue or hardware.I gave my laptop to a friend to downgrade windows and once laptop came back to me after a week, battery is not working. Before that everything was fine.Help Please....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Battery-0-Plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5849380
Relevancy 85.57%

My notebook is 3 years old, but the battery has charged with no problem until yesterday. Now it suddenly won't charge; it says "25% - plugged in, not charging." I ran the battery test, result: "weak (30) The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new." So it seems the battery isn't defective, even though it's getting old. I hesitate to run the battery calibration because appaently that will fully discharge the battery, and maybe it will never re-charge. I upgraded to Win10 a few days before this happened; don't know whether that might have contributed to this problem. What's going on here and how can I fix it?

JohnCC wrote:My notebook is 3 years old, but the battery has charged with no problem until yesterday. Now it suddenly won't charge; it says "25% - plugged in, not charging." I ran the battery test, result: "weak (30) The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new." So it seems the battery isn't defective, even though it's getting old. I hesitate to run the battery calibration because appaently that will fully discharge the battery, and maybe it will never re-charge. I upgraded to Win10 a few days before this happened; don't know whether that might have contributed to this problem. What's going on here and how can I fix it?" I ran the battery test, result: "weak (30) The battery is functioning correctly, but due to normal aging of the battery, the battery life between charges is now significantly shorter than when it was new." So it seems the battery isn't defective, even though it's getting old"   Your logic in regard to battery life is flawed. If the battery life between charges is shorter, that means that it is no longer functioning as it did when newer. The result of the test already told you that it is wearing out. You can remove the battery and use the noteboook temporarily without it. Performing a calibration at this point will not help. All it does is actualize the 100% in terms of remaining battery capacity. You can resolve the issue by purchasing a guaranteed compatible battery with a one year warranty from a reputable online vendor.  There is no requirement for the battery to be an HP OEM unit.   Perform a Google search  to find a candidate battery. Make certain that the vendor provides a guarantee of compatiblity with your notebook and a one year warranty. At three years of serviceable use, your battery has performed well. That pretty much the norm in service life for notebook batteries.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5709824
Relevancy 85.57%

I read the  previous threads.  I tried uninstalling microsoft acpi compliant control method battery and searching for hardware changes.  It didn't work.  I tried with shutting down and with out.  I tried it with the battery in and without.  I tried with turning of windows explorer and turning it back on.  Nothing works.  Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/plugged-in-battery-not-charging/td-p/5710040
Relevancy 85.57%

I'm here to ask about my laptop problem This afternoon at 3pm, my laptop works fine and when i turn it on at 8pm, it won't charging anymore the battery show 0 percentage, and i'm charging it but it won't increase at all i've added the battery report too my laptop is Lenovo G40-45 please help me

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-45-Battery-Plugged-in-charging-not-but-the-power-not/td-p/3481118
Relevancy 85.57%

I apologize in advance if in, battery not plugged charging this has already been addressed here I do not see a way to search this forum I have an Inspiron series laptop running Windows nbsp It worked using AC power but not battery nbsp The toolbar battery icon message says quot available plugged in not charging nbsp I have tried several variations of online recommendations to remove the battery and either disable reinstall or uninstall drivers nbsp All were unsuccessful nbsp I did notice that if I remove the battery the battery icon says quot no battery detected quot nbsp When I plug it back in the text changes for about minute to quot plugged in charging and the icon shows battery plugged in, not charging charging but then it reverts to the normal quot not charging quot status Based on this info how do i determine if this is a hardware problem requiring a new battery if it is a software problem other then the driver problem that tried earlier or some other charger problem Thanks Michael

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981885
Relevancy 85.57%

I did some HP Battery but plugged 57% max not charging, in recommended updates including a bios update and now I am Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57% getting Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57% some issues with battery charging I've not Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57% tied the upgrades to the battery issue so I would prefer to keep an open mind to it being something else I'm now getting the message whenever I click on the battery icon that says Battery plugged in but not charging and it will not charge above - I am also unable to get my HP Toolbox FX to work properly so that limits my choices to doing battery status checks I switched charging cables and bought a new battery and the issue remains HP support is lacking when it comes to the remedies offered I looked through the forums for this and keep seeing the HP affiliated members continue to put out links to non-functioning or unrelated links This is becoming nbsp a very time consuming issue that should have a fix and not get run around by HP support nbsp I tried a system restore to a known point of no issues and I still am unable to get resolution on this problem nbsp Does anyone know of a real fix for this issue once and for all

A:Battery plugged in but not charging, max 57%

Can we possibly know the full model number of the laptop? DV7s cover many years and many models with different hardware platforms. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging-max-57/td-p/5638581
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I recently updated my laptop and now I have got a battery problem. The charger is plugged in but it says not charging. However, the laptop continues to work perfectly fine even though the battery indicator shows 8% remaining. But as soon as I remove the charger, low battery alert pops up. Does not charge even when shut down.Please help. Here is the screenshot.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5620022
Relevancy 85.57%

Notebook HP Envy DV6 T he batteri is fully discharged (0%), the battery status is "battery plugged but not charging).I cannot charge the battery.I've removed the battery, restarted and used the laptop without it, restarted again the lapot with the battery but I've not solved the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-not-charging/td-p/5835315
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi @all,i need help, my laptop when it is switched on it plugged in but not charging. If i switch the laptop off it is loading normally! For me it looks like a safety for the battery, that if you have conected with charger that it is not always charging?Can you please help me out here?The type is a HP Envy TS 15 NotebookWIndows 8 installedthanks and regards

A:Battery plugged in but not charging

Hi Letast, Thank you for your query, I will do my utmost to help. I understand that when the laptop is plugged in, it is not showing charging but you are able to use it normally when disconnected from power. Have you done all the Windows updates? Here is a link to a document on Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8) to assist you.If you would like further assistance would you provide the exact model of Envy ts 15 you have. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-but-not-charging/td-p/3634994
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, My battery is plugged in and is not charging (staying at 2%). I've tried many troubleshooting techniques but have not been able to resolve the problem.  I tried a battery test, it failed and got the following message: Battery Test: Primary - Replace(42)  FAILURE ID: PLMUQ0-72084H-MFPV6J-C09403  Primary Battery Battery Test: FAILED I'd like to make sure and exhaust the resources, can I get help on this please? Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/battery-plugged-2-but-not-charging/td-p/5633964
Relevancy 85.57%

I am facing some problem in my laptop since last three days, battery is not getting charged and showing message as "0% available (plugged in, charging)" but the level is not increasing from zero and PC is not turning on without plugging in the cord. I think this has happened due to the last windows update three days ago as this problem occuring after that event. I tried resetting the windows but problem not solved. Please help me with the solution.

A:Battery - 0% available (plugged in, charging)

Rahul1726 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!This could be a combination of a failed battery and a failing charger. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00363266?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0006http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217 Please report back here what you find ...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-0-available-plugged-in-charging/td-p/5796942
Relevancy 85.57%

Just bought a new Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G-76Z8 a  couple of days ago.  I've kept the laptop plugged in but the battery level has been dropping by about 1% per day.  The power charging light is always blue and it says "plugged in, not charging".  I'm running Windows 10 and have installed the Power Management update from the Acer Care Center app.  What's wrong and how do I fix it. Thanks

Hello, Have you tried a battery reset? Disconnect the AC adapter.Gently insert a paperclip in the battery reset hole on the bottom side of your laptop.Reconnect the AC adapter, and resume normal use.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/411922
Relevancy 85.57%

The battery indicator says "0% available (plugged in, not charging)" I have run the battery diagnostic and it says that battery is fine. I have run the ac adaptor diagnostic and it says that is fine as well. I have updated the bios. I have uninstalled "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" and rebooted. I have also uninstalled it and updated immediately. The battery is non-removable. Anything else I can try?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Plugged-in-Battery-not-charging/td-p/5722797
Relevancy 85.57%

nbsp nbsp I'm having this issue where the battery is not charging and or the laptop is - Charging) in, Not (Plugged 0% Battery available not recognizing the battery properly nbsp I will Battery - 0% available (Plugged in, Not Charging) just outline the problem and what I have done Battery - 0% available (Plugged in, Not Charging) nbsp nbsp A Received a brand new assumingly aftermarket replacement battery nbsp - It went through a charge cycle without much problem - It stopped charging randomly to which by experimentation the fix was simply restarting the computer and removing the battery while the computer was shut down and replacing it before restarting It would begin to charge again after - Sometimes on battery power the monitor screen would simply turn illuminated black or flicker During this time all computer functions still worked and I was able to shut the computer down using my memory and the proper keystrokes Starting it back up was the temporary cure even without introducing AC Power nbsp - This continued regularly having to reset the computer and the battery to keep it charging A few days later while showing some nominal amount of charge the computer just shut off instantaneously nbsp nbsp With this I assumed there must be something wrong with the battery so I contacted the people who sent it and they agreed although I was also asking if it could be anything other than the battery because to me it didn't feel like the problem was the battery as once I got the battery charged fully it worked great as far as holding the charge nbsp nbsp B I received a second brand new battery from the same place nbsp - All steps above repeated This time the battery charged only to before starting with the Plugged In Not Charging bit and has now been at Not Charging since this time - I searched the web and found that oh I don't know at least people have had this exact problem and while it is by far most popular in the hp dv series it is not limited to this series or even to hp Many of them simply remove the battery and put it back in and it works Obviously it didnt for me so I tried some other suggestions Including shutting down removing battery and AC Power and holding down the power button a while This actually worked briefly once this may have been when I got the charge up to in the one battery before it quit - I ran Windows Updated which installed Updates to the computer No Result - I checked for drivers then after seeing they were up to date uninstalled microsoft acpi-compliant control method control battery then scanned hardware to reinstall it automatically No Result - I thought I had it when I found a BIOS update that specifically said it would solve this problem F I Installed this and still No Result nbsp nbsp So now what is the next thing to try nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

A:Battery - 0% available (Plugged in, Not Charging)

I gather this is not a genuine HP battery? Until you try a known good Genuine Battery it is hard to know what the problem would be. You should not have to try driver reinstalls and such. A good battery on a good system just works. Possibilites are bad battery and bad motherboard. Period.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-0-available-Plugged-in-Not-Charging/td-p/107274
Relevancy 85.57%

Issue is why is battery holding at plugged in yet not charging Is there anything I can do to remedy this What may cause this etc As of the morning of Indicates Battery at Not Charging I plugged in last night during the pm hour Not in 11% Plugged Battery Charging mountain time nbsp After plugging in I was running Utorrent overnight downloading some files A driver installation occurred yesterday for NVIDIA GEForce Game Ready Driver Release date - seemd very flawless and without incident I have two charging cables Both were working fine yesterday Battery 11% Plugged in Not Charging nbsp Both are plugged in different location on a diferent circuit Surge protected by Belkin Thank you and below are my system details OS Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows HomeVersion nbsp nbsp nbsp Build Other OS Description nbsp nbsp nbsp Not AvailableOS Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft CorporationSystem Name nbsp nbsp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxSystem Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-PackardSystem Model nbsp nbsp nbsp HP ENVY Notebook PCSystem Type nbsp nbsp nbsp x -based PCSystem SKU nbsp nbsp nbsp xxxxxxxxxxProcessor nbsp nbsp nbsp Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date nbsp nbsp nbsp Insyde F SMBIOS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Embedded Controller Version nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS Mode nbsp nbsp nbsp UEFIBaseBoard Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Hewlett-PackardBaseBoard Model nbsp nbsp nbsp Not AvailableBaseBoard Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Base BoardPlatform Role nbsp nbsp nbsp MobileSecure Boot State nbsp nbsp nbsp OnPCR Configuration nbsp nbsp nbsp Binding Not PossibleWindows Directory nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWSSystem Directory nbsp nbsp nbsp C WINDOWS system Boot Device nbsp nbsp nbsp Device HarddiskVolume Locale nbsp nbsp nbsp United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer nbsp nbsp nbsp Version User Name nbsp nbsp nbsp xxxxxxxxxxxxxxTime Zone nbsp nbsp nbsp Mountain Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory RAM nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Physical Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBAvailable Physical Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Virtual Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBAvailable Virtual Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp GBPage File Space nbsp nbsp nbsp GBPage File nbsp nbsp nbsp C pagefile sysHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions nbsp nbsp nbsp YesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions nbsp nbsp nbsp YesHyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware nbsp nbsp nbsp NoHyper-V - Data Execution Protection nbsp nbsp nbsp Yes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-11-Plugged-in-Not-Charging/td-p/5795849
Relevancy 85.57%

HP Community I am having an issue with the not charging Battery in, plugged laptop battery When Battery plugged in, not charging it is plugged in the battery does not charge The start bar icon says Plugged in not charging I just replaced the AC Adapter this week nbsp I ran the startup diagnostic test and it said that there was a battery failure but when I run the HP Battery Check throug HP Support Assistant it says the battery is functioning properly nbsp If I calibrate the battery will this fix the issue nbsp Does the battery actually need replaced Getting one diagnostic saying yes and another saying no is confusing and frustrating nbsp If calibration does not fix the issue is there steps I can try to take to resolve the issue before buying a new battery nbsp If I do need to buy a new battery can I get a product number for the battery I would need to purchase I have been trying to find a listing with the battery type on it but I cannot find a list with HP Pavilion x listed I looked here http store hp com webapp wcs stores servlet ContentView storeId amp eSpotName BatteryFinder amp cata and that includes looking at the list under the Laptop Not Listed button nbsp Thanks A concerned HP user looking for some juice for my battery

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5833461
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, every time I turn my 1 and half year old laptop on it warns me that the battery capacity is low and my laptop will not work unless it is plugged in. Because of this I need to purchase a new battery but do not know which model I need. Any help is much appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-Plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5660831
Relevancy 85.57%

i have been on forums and followed the steps given ( removing battery and ac power and holding down power button for 1 minute etc) and the problem persists. my laptop is just out of warranty and my battery cannot need replacing after only just over a year. ive also seen on forums that this is a common problem with HP, have updated bios and drivers, is there anything else i can do? please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-battery-is-not-charging-when-plugged-in/td-p/5793038
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello! I have an ACER Aspire M laptop which is about 3 years old. The battery cannot be taken off, it's under the back cover. I have Windows 10, 64 bit. I didn't use my laptop for a few months and once I turned it on again, I got the message that the bettery is not charging. So I cannot unplug my laptop. Battery seemed to work fine before.. - I read that updating BIOS could solve the problem, but I can't do it because the system requires battery to be at  at least 30%. - I can't take off the battery, so the solution with holding power button down doesn't work as well.- I also can't unplug my laptop to reinstall the drivers. Someone help please!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-0-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/449120
Relevancy 85.57%

Running Windows 10. When PC is plugged in the battery is not charging. When I remove the power cord the PC turns off.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/battery-not-charging-when-plugged-in/td-p/447383
Relevancy 85.57%

Yesterday, my computer stopped charging. It was fine the day before, but when I got up yesterday, I noticed I was losing juice. My battery icon says "battery plugged in, not charging." It doesn't charge when it's off, either.  This computer has an internal battery that I cannot remove. I have already tried uninstalling Microsoft ACPI and that didn't help. I have looked at the pin inside the power adapter and it seems to be properly aligned, though it's so small it's hard to tell for sure. It does seem like the adapter isn't plugging in all the way beacuse it's a bit wiggly, but that could be because of the dumb placement of the battery port.Please help! I'm a writer and I can't work with a dead computer!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5829296
Relevancy 85.57%

New computer with very minimal usage.  Basically sat in the box for one year, now, error message states that battery is plugged in not charging.  I've tried testing, and diagnostics reports "unknown."  I've tried a few youtube fixes such as removing the battery drivers and allowing them to reinstall, and tried updating bios.  There is no way that this battery should have died.  Has there been a recall that anyone is aware of? Also, noticed that the case is cracked at the hinge on left side.  I'm super careful and I don't even know how this could happen.  This was not an inexpensive computer!!! Although this sat in box, the warranty is now expired.   Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

A:Battery plugged in not charging

Have you tried removing the battery and starting up with only power cord- then shut down and reinstall battery?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5635399
Relevancy 85.57%

I recently received a HP Stream Notebook - 13-c055na (ENERGY STAR) from a freind and they told me that battery did not work and needed replacing. I began using the computer and everytime it started the computer came up saying: Primary (internal) battery 601 needs to be replaced since it is detecting the storge capacity to be low. So i got a new battery and its doing the exact same thing and will just shut off whenever the ac adapter is not plugged in. I have changed the power plan settings and this made no difference.

A:Won't run on battery at all and says plugged in not charging

Press Esc at power up and then F2 to run the diagnostics menu and there should be a component test for the battery that you can run.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Won-t-run-on-battery-at-all-and-says-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5838079
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello,Hope you are doing well. My battery icon says '2%  available (plugged in, not charging)'.  I have done a battery check on Hp Support assistant and it says:The battery is reporting a failure and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. Based on the age of your PC and battery, it appears it is no longer covered by your HP Warranty. REOOW I'm not sure about replacing the batterry. Please inform me if there is anything easier and or cheaper to do.Thanks,              Yousif

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-Says-2-available-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5722857
Relevancy 85.57%

This is my last post about this issue https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y70-battery-is-plugged-in-not-charging/m-p/2258...and with the step 2 in that I fixed my issue, but this time, all these steps do not work. Also I can not find new Energy Manager software in the Y70-70 support software download list.Can you guys help me this time?This Y70 really annoy me a lot, the screen blinking, and battery not charging......Thank you 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y70-the-battery-is-plugged-in-but-not-charging-again/td-p/3328614
Relevancy 85.57%

Please what do I do my laptop keeps showing me 'plugged in, not charging' and I've tried different chargers to no avail

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-plugged-but-not-charging/td-p/5845080
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, I found a lot of answers on the topic but unfortunately none resolved it. So it's simple - the charger is not charging beyond 44% and recently it increased to 48%, and it says "not charging". Battery health is good, I updated the bios, reinstalled both battery drivers multiple times in multiple ways. I am using windows 10, desktop and longevity options for battery are disabled. Only thing I didn't try yet is turning off computer, battery out for 2-3h, etc. due to not having clear steps on how to perform it + would like to know if it's needed.
Appreciate the help! Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988627
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm new here, so please go easy on me.  As the topic says, it is all self-explanatory already. I would gladly appreciate any help that anyone could provide (Or maybe even a link to a solution to this problem, if there is already one.) For now, I am still in hesitation whether it is the battery's fault or my charger's. Many thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G40-Plugged-in-Charging-but-stuck-at-0/td-p/3346476
Relevancy 84.71%

Could anyone please advise a solution: my Lenovo Flex 2-14 (Windows 8) is suddenly showing "plugged in, not charging" message. It is completely impossible to use it if it is not plugged in, as soon as you unplug it just goes dead. I have already tried the uninstall Microsoft AC Adapter way and it didn't help. Has anyone else had this exact issue? Thank you!

A:plugged in, not charging - Lenovo Flex 2-14

Hey, have you tried this -
1) Shut down the laptop and unplug the power supply
2) Press the power button for 40 seconds
3) Reconnect and start the laptop

Have you tried doing the "Battery Guage Reset" functionality?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/plugged-in-not-charging-Lenovo-Flex-2-14/td-p/2061510
Relevancy 84.71%

My Lenovo G700, which is a week old, is saying that it is "plugged in, not charging". It was working fine until last night when I closed the lid to put it into sleep mode for the first time. I have checked that it is set to maximum battery life and it is still not working. It's stuck on 98%. I am severely disappointed that something like this has happened a week into having my first Lenovo. I hope someone can help me rectify this problem.

A:Lenovo G700 Plugged In Not Charging

hi Zadeth,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try to:
1. Turn off the machine and remove the AC adapter and battery
2. Hold the power button for 10secs then plug the AC adapter back in.
3. Turn the computer ON and when it gets to Windows, slide the battery back in place and observe the charge.

Alternatively, try to use the battery charge until it asks you to plug the AC adapter and observe if the charge goes all the way to 100%.

Let me know your findings

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G700-Plugged-In-Not-Charging/td-p/1260219
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello ,     My window is Win-7 pro . I found this problem that my battery show "Plugged in not charging" . I already tried the follwing instructions . It is not ok for me. Please help me . It is just only 2 days ago that I bought it.>Disconnect AC>Shutdown>Remove battery>Connect AC>Startup>In Device Manager, Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it?s ok if you only have 1).>Shutdown>Disconnect AC>Insert battery>Connect AC>Startup

A:Lenovo E560 , plugged in not charging

Also have this problem, unacceptable for the brand new laptop!!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-E560-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3288425
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, My laptop charging is weird at times, sometime it works fine, sometimes it says "Plugged in, not charging". I have tried to install the Power Management. However i could never install any power managment or ACPI driver in Windows 10. Any help would be really appeciated Thank you- Azarudeen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-Plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3343915
Relevancy 84.71%

Just bought the 80M8 laptop two days ago.  I'm getting the plugged in, not charging message. It's down to 59%. What do I do to fix please?

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo G51-35 80M8 - plugged in, not charging

Hi, Did you get a response on this?dd050293 wrote:Just bought the 80M8 laptop two days ago.  I'm getting the plugged in, not charging message. It's down to 59%. What do I do to fix please?  Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G51-35-80M8-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/2224684
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello! I am having HP 15 notebook  pc 15-r062tu with window 8 (64-bit) installed. when i plug in the charger, it says  0% available (PLugged in, not Charging). i have tried running HP Battery Check .It shows the following result.  Can you tell what is the problem with my Battery  

A:Charger Plugged in, But Battery not Charging

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Charger-Plugged-in-But-Battery-...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Charger-Plugged-in-But-Battery-not-Charging/td-p/5825664
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an Acer Aspire V5-473P laptop. Originally it was Windows 8 then upgraded to Windows 10. Couple of days ago the hard-drive suddenly died. We put in another hard drive and did a clean installation of windows 10. Now it works fine, except that battery shows as plugged in, not charging. So it can only run with adapter and can't use battery at all. We tried reset the battery (use the reset battery pinhole and disconnect/reconnect battery). Also tried delete the battery's driver. After reboot the driver installed by itself. But neither of these methods work. Any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/434693/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.71%

Basically my laptop s probably about years old now and as expected the battery that came with the laptop reduced itself to a state of in battery charging not is detected/Plugged No no charging No battery is detected/Plugged in not charging As a result I bought myself a new battery because the laptop itself works perfectly fine The first day I got the battery I had the issue of the battery being not detected but I fixed it through going into Device Manager uninstalling the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and then scanning for hardware changes and it worked an absolute dream percentage and time remaining were spot on I then didn t use the laptop for about a month and when I turned it on it will either give me quot Plugged in and not charging quot or quot No battery is detected quot and there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which one appears I thought it might just be a simple fix again my doing the uninstalling and scanning for changes but it doesn t seem to be doing anything at all It s an Advent W that I m running with all the specs below Thanks in advance goodwin Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB S Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation SANTA ROSA QTFDOD Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:No battery is detected/Plugged in not charging

You may want to dust the connection between the comp and battery. The same process you did before may just might work again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-battery-is-detected-plugged-in-not-charging.1009612/
Relevancy 84.71%

My Battery is not charging for last few days. My laptop is showing as plugged-in, not charging. It is showing as not charged and not working until you plugin the charger. My laptop model is HP envy- 15t touch. Its less than 3 months old. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks.Pratik

A:Plugged in, not charging--Battery 0% charged

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum It looks like your Notebook is not charging the Battery, We will surely assist you with this issue Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:Step 01. Click on the Start ButtonStep 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device ManagerStep 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the leftStep 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstallStep 05. Please Shutdown the NotebookStep 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power AdapterStep 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 MinuteStep 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power AdapterStep 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps: 1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace 2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site 3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board How to improve the life of a Battery:1. It is not advisable to use the Notebook when the Power Adapter is connected2. It is not advisable to keep the Power Adapter plugged in even after the Battery is fully charged3. You need to let the battery drain completely before charging again4. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life5. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level6. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use7. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217 Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536 Calibrating the Notebook Battery (Windows Vista)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00817650  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again **Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R KI work on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Plugged-in-not-charging-Battery-0-charged/td-p/4592968
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Battery charging problem: in, Plugged not there I have a Samsung NP uc that seems to have a dead battery The machine is about years old or thereabouts Just want to see if anybody has any tips for me before directly trying to replace the battery Basically it was working fine and then suddenly I got a message saying quot The battery is not operating under normal condition Replacing Battery problem: Plugged in, not charging the battery pack is highly recommended If the adapter is removed in current state You may lose your data Please save your data immediately The battery pack is consumerable device This pack is not working correctly or life is ended Please stop using the battery or replace it for your safety quot Now naturally that error seem pretty damning However I had battery bar installed and also downloaded batteryinfo tool and it indicates that the battery wear level is only and further the 'rate of charge' under battery bar indicates mw - perhaps leading me to think it is a problem with the charger itself I did some searching and a few suggested solutions were unplug and clean everything which I did to no avail I also uninstalled the batteries under 'device manager - batteries' and scanned for new devices however this did not solve the problem Windows itself doesn't give the 'considering replacing your battery' warning either but just says 'plugged in not charging' stuck at If I unplug the power cord the machine dies completely And I can't start it without the cable in either The battery light itself is ominously flashing orange blue I guess tomorrow I might try find a different charger in case that is the problem and then if that fails I guess I'll have to try a new battery Would anyone have any suggestions prior to that Unfortunately it's not covered under any warranty anymore Thanks in advance

A:Battery problem: Plugged in, not charging

well if it runs with the charger plugged in and dies when unplugged I think it would be the battery causing the issue, seems to be a common issue for all laptops.

Dauntae

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/battery-problem-plugged-not-charging-273778/
Relevancy 84.71%

Got my Lenove Yoga 900  week ago. Today it had the message on the battery icon in the task bar *plugged in, not charging." Please help before the battery drains out! Thanks.

A:Yoga 900 - Battery *Plugged in, not charging*

You need to have a look at the battery settings in the Lenovo utilities.  If you have the power setting set to maximise battery life (or similar), you may get that message when the battery is approximately halfway discharged.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Battery-Plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/2217923
Relevancy 84.71%

My thinkpad x1 sometimes does not charge at all. It shuts down if I remove the power cable. Normally it does this every two or three charges, but now is stuck at 14% and it will not charge.  I have tried everything, reinstall, install drivers. Reseted from the back. Nothing! If I remove the power, it will shut down. I cannot also access the support site for any drivers, it redirects me to my country  and of course it does not have anything for a population of 3 milion (maybe 100 Lenovos for the total population). Those supporters at Thinkpad must be very stupid to even think about using the location for redirection.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-1st-Gen-battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3384435
Relevancy 84.71%

I have an ASUS laptop and for some reason there is an orange flashing light where the light is usually not flashing. I bought a new charger for it because I thought that was it, but still not charging and light is still flashing. This has been going on
for well over a week. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d065ad4-dc06-45a2-b190-ccecca125f40/adapter-plugged-in-battery-not-charging?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I bought a new laptop Lenovo last week but I have a problem.The laptop works fine except the battery will not charge.Windows shows me : "Battery plugged in, not charging"I tested several solutions but until now none of them work.Could you send me ideas?Thank youLaurentPs: sorry for my English!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:[G580] Battery plugged in, not charging!

hi Laurent,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

The Lenovo Energy Management is probably limiting / protecting the battery from overcharging.

Can you try the following:

1. Apply this Plugged in not charging message fix (Windows 7 only)

2. In Windows 8, uninstall Lenovo Energy Management and test. If battery stays charging, reinstall Lenovo Energy Management and observe:

Lenovo Energy Management      Lenovo Energy Management
Windows 7 32bit / 64bit                Windows 8 32bit / 64bit
cagt26ww.exe                                 em8.0.2.5.exe21.2MB                                             45.4MB

3. If you still get the same error, try to:
a. turn off the computer and remove the battery and AC adapter.
b. press and hold the power button for 30 secs and reconnect the AC adapter
c. turn ON the computer and continuously tap F2 to boot into the BIOS, when you're in, press F9 to load defaults and press F10 to save and exit.
d. boot into Windows (while still having just the AC adapter plugged-in) then reinsert the battery.

Edit: added links

Let me know your findings.

Cheers

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G580-Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/1042233
Relevancy 84.71%

I don't know If I'm posting to the right thread but whatever nbsp As you can tell by the subject my laptop is plugged in to a wall outlet but it isn't charging nor is the battery depleting when I use it This problem only appeared some days ago Below is a list of everything I have tried battery in, Laptop but is charging, the plugged isn't not de... doing to fix this problem as well as other information nbsp nbsp The wall outlet works fine I plugged my phone into it and it started charging nbsp The computer doesn't recharge to a certain percentage Laptop is plugged in, not charging, but the battery isn't de... it just sustains the battery percentage it has while it's plugged in nbsp Uninstalling and Reinstalling Micorsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and Microsoft AC Adapter via the Device Manager did nothing nor did installing new drivers for them nbsp Resetting the BIOS didn't help nbsp I checked to see if the battery was secure so I removed it and made sure it was completely plugged in to the computer It didn't help nbsp Shutting down the computer unplugging everything and holding down the power button for seconds didn't work nbsp I can't and have never been able to turn on the computer without the battery even if it's plugged in The LED next to the charging port does blink three times when I try to turn on the computer without the battery while its plugged in and it doesn't blink when it isn't plugged in so it can't be a problem with the cord nbsp I checked if the physical connection between the charging port and the rest of the computer was secure and it is nbsp I tried using another AC adapter to charge the computer and nothing changed nbsp My laptop is not under warranty It became void when I upgraded my RAM and even if I didn't upgrade the warranty would still be expired nbsp nbsp Any help would be much appreciated nbsp UPDATE After charging my computer in a completely different location it started charging but the computer didn't recognise it and it has only gone up over eight hours

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-is-plugged-in-not-charging-but-the-battery-isn-t/td-p/5732517
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello! I am having HP 15 notebook  pc 15-r062tu with window 8 (64-bit) installed. when i plug in the charger, it says  0% available (PLugged in, not Charging). i have tried running HP Battery Check .It shows the following result.  Can you tell what is the problem with my Battery?Thank you  

A:Charger Plugged in, But Battery not Charging

If the software that is trying to communicate with the smart chip inside the battery can't specify the problem nether can we. However, the end result is pretty easy to figure out. The battery needs to be replaced. The question is who is going to pay for it and if you are under warranty HP wil, but if not, you will have to buy it. We are happy to help with purchase suggestions and links if you tell us what country you live in.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Charger-Plugged-in-But-Battery-not-Charging/td-p/5825666
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello nbsp I seem to be having an intermittent Not Charging issue on my Lenovo Yoga nbsp It usually happens when it's fully charged and I unplug it for plugged Yoga charging. in, Battery 900 not - a few minutes and then plug it back in If I let it drop below - it will usually Yoga 900 - Battery plugged in, not charging. say Plugged in charging again nbsp Is this some sort of glitch or a feature I tried looking to Yoga 900 - Battery plugged in, not charging. see if I had the conservation setting on and I do not nbsp I have a few days to take it back to the store if I need to I'd really rather not send it in because we have problems with couriers dropping off packages that end up getting stolen because we live in an apartment with multiple locked doors so they usually pitch it beside the door and run off and then someone else takes off with our stuff Had it happen a couple of times with Amazon orders grr nbsp Thanks to anyone who can answer this nbsp nbsp Moderator comment Model added to subject for clarity

A:Yoga 900 - Battery plugged in, not charging.

Good day and welcome to the community.This is my experience with my Yoga 900 and Yoga 900S. This way the system isn't trying to constantly top off 1 or 2%, which is not good for the battery. By contrast, Conservation Mode will charge to ~60% and then stop. That has some benefits, also. Personally, I'm not using Conservation Mode, and so far I've not seen any negative effects on my batteries.

Hoipe this helps.Regards.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/3425219
Relevancy 84.71%

Have an R61.  My battery isn't one of the affected in the battery tips sticky. I upgraded to Windows 7 a few weeks ago from Vista, and upgraded my bios at the same time.  I couldn't get audio to work on the laptop, so haven't used it until I fixed audio today.   Since I hadn't used my laptop since I just noticed, but the battery is at 0% and I have the plugged in not charging error.  I doubt this is a hardware issue since it happened right after a Windows 7 and bios upgrade.  Any idea what I should do?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Plugged in, not charging battery after Windows 7/b...

have you installed the Thinkvantage power manager?

Also, if you left the laptop off, and charge the battery when it is off, does it work?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Plugged-in-not-charging-battery-after-Windows-7-bios-upgrade/td-p/218278
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm from the US but am currently studying in the UK. I purchased a power adapter and had been using it to charge my laptop for about a week before I noticed a few days ago that it was no longer charging, but rather had the message "plugged in, not charging". I did a battery check through HP Support Assistant, which determined that the laptop's battery has to be replaced. I've only had this computer for a little over a year, so I'm not sure if I've been using a faulty adapter or what to have caused the battery to need replacement.  Is there a different fix known for my predicament? If not, what're the steps in obtaining a new battery with an expired warranty, and will the same thing just happen given that I'll be in the UK for another few months and need to be using an adapter? Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-Replacement-quot-Plugged-in-not-charging-quot/td-p/5787061
Relevancy 84.71%

I have used my T450s for serveral months, it originally has windows8.1 and I upgraded it to windows 10. Everything went well at first. Then recently "battery 2 notdetected/ installed but not supported" kinda thing keep pop-up. And today when I tried to power on my T450s, this showd before booting into windows: The battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge.Please replace the battery with the correct Lenovo battery for this system.Press the ESC key to continue. Then my 2nd battery is always 0%-5% and not charging My second battery is model 68 which is the right one for my T450s and it is the original one with my Thinkpad. What should I do? (Edited: from "used my T450s  for several years" to "used my T450s  for several months"  )

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Battery 2 (0%) plugged in not charging in Windows1...

I'm having an extremely similar situation--in a T440p (which I've used for >a year so far), a day or two ago it simply stopped charging when plugged in (in windows 10 it said "plugged in, not charging"); I tried all the standard fixes but eventually because I had to use the battery, it went down to 0% and is now showing the issues that TenkiGu is describing. Edit:To provide more information on my situation:I do not know for sure when I first started having issues, but my computer has logs of the battery charge and it shows it getting fully charged; I believe I then took it out and ran it on battery for a bit, plugged it in again, and the battery never started charging; it just sat at ~80%. Since then I've run the battery down the rest of the way between trying to get it to work and because I needed to use the computer on battery power for a couple of hours. I never did anything particularly odd before it started having issues (eg, I didn't happen to update drivers and then suddenly have it stop working).The battery itself seemed to be fine (it did last for ~4 hours), but when plugged in it simply didn't charge, even when the computer was shut down fully (which is the really odd part--if it were a driver issue I would've expected it to charge when shut down). I tried doing all the various solutions you find suggested online and in various forums. Now that the battery is fully drained, it simply thinks it is a bad battery (and it still won't charge when fully shut down). I'm starting to worry that even if the battery wasn't bad when the issues started, it may be going bad now.I had similar (but not identical) issues a while back and fiddling with the energy manger settings in windows worked, but when I had those issues it still charged when fully shut down; now it doesn't.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Battery-2-0-plugged-in-not-charging-in-Windows10/td-p/2265461
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello sir,my HP pavilon g4 250 series does not come on until I use the AC adapter before it comes on when it comes on the battery writes plugged in but not charging.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-g7-battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5794787
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Over the last two months my laptop's ability to charge it's battery has degraded It went from being able to charge battery but not My plugged is is charging laptop in, a battery fully to not being able to charge beyond then then and now finally it says quot availability plugged in charging quot but it never increases in charge Thus the laptop works when plugged into the charger but will not switch on when attached My laptop is plugged in, but battery is not charging only to the My laptop is plugged in, but battery is not charging battery I have restarted the computer multiple times - first shutting the machine down then unplugging it removing the battery holding the start button down for one minute then reattaching the battery plugging the charger back in and restarting the machine I have installed updates for quot Batteries quot ie Microsoft AC Adapter Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method My laptop is plugged in, but battery is not charging Battery and Microsoft Composite Battery in Device Manager I have also uninstalled the Microsoft ACPI Complaint Control Method Battery and shutdown and restarted the laptop repeatedly Just now I called Toshiba support and updated BIOS from to then restarted the computer but again the battery will not charge I bought a new battery which showed that it was fully charged when when I attached it to my laptop but when the charge depleted to I got the same message as with the other battery quot availability plugged in charging quot I am really stumped How else can I attempt to increase the battery charging capability of my laptop

A:My laptop is plugged in, but battery is not charging

In my opinion old battery was definitely defective.
Is your new battery original Toshiba battery or some third part product?

When you start notebook without battery and put it in place when Windows is loaded does the problem persists?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?76584-My-laptop-is-plugged-in-but-battery-is-not-charging
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi sorry for my bad english I it in, Battery not broken? charging, is plugged speak french My problem is One month ago my battery was working good h and the day after I decided to change room so I unplugged the laptop The battery was still in it and Everything shuts down The laptop wasn't working anymore if it was unplugged even if in windows it Battery plugged in, not charging, is it broken? was telling me the battery was charged The message was Battery plugged in, not charging, is it broken? something like available plugged in not charging After one month the message is now available plugged in not charging Even if I use linux linux on a flash drive windows windows or simply chilling in the bios if I unplug it it shuts down That might be a hardware problem but why would my battery die quot instantly quot it was working really well one day ago I could replace it but how can I know if the problem is the battery or the connector that are on my laptop If I'm not clear just tell me what you want to know Thanks

A:Battery plugged in, not charging, is it broken?

What laptop model?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42106-battery-plugged-not-charging-broken.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My battery light is flashing red and the battery icon says that my charger is plugged in but not charging. So when I unplug my laptop it automatically dies. It's been like this for a couple of days and i've tried to just see if it'll go away but nothings happening.
I've only had this laptop for about 2 months.
Is there anything I can do w/o having to buy a new battery?

A:Inspiron 14z Battery Plugged In but not Charging

Hi nessar12 ,
Welcome to the Community.
i would like to inform you that this issue can be resolved by downloading the latest BIOS. In case that doesn't solve the issue there might be a problem with the motherboard. Please download and flash the latest BIOS.
http://tinyurl.com/cas8sy3
Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.
Glad to help!
Abhishek Banerjee
Social Outreach Professional

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19453551
Relevancy 84.71%

Since a few days I am having a problem with the nbsp battery of my notebook I have my notebook plugged in but it won't charge When pointing the battery icon in the system tray it says available plugged in not charging nbsp It started of a few weeks ago when the notifications for low battery stopped appearing where it normally did so at and This was not plugged HP Pavilion G7 battery not charging in, - a major issue for me however I looked around at the forums and I couldn't fix it with the advice here This also goes HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging for this newer issue I tried uninstalling the drivers for the battery removing the battery from my laptop restarting Windows nbsp and nbsp reinstalling the battery in different orders none of which nbsp do the job nbsp There's HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging no damage to the battery When I remove it from the laptop I can work using the power cord nbsp I did a battery check with the HP support assistance and it says I need to purchase a HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging new battery But I can't really accept that it can't be that it stops working so suddenly The battery had an outstandinlgy good lifetime up until a few days ago I don't want to pay for something that still has a lot of potential to be functioning well nbsp My serial number is Moderator edited Serial Number My product number is E R E ABH The model code is G - ED nbsp Please help me on this one

A:HP Pavilion G7 - battery plugged in, not charging

Hi @Lewistrick  Thank you for your query.  I grasp that until a few days ago your battery was working well but now it will not charge. You followed some suggestion in the forum but they did not help. You ran the battery test and were informed you need to replace this one.  You are concerned that the test may be faulty and that you do not need to replace it. Here are two documents to help you understand battery life and provides an alternative method to test the battery to ensure the first test was correct. HP Notebook PCs - Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology Battery information center.  If I have helped, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below.? and if your issue is resolved please click solution provide to help other people find this information .  Best of Luck and have a terrific weekend! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-G7-battery-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/4998674
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, basically the problem in the title. Laptop does work without battery in but when it is in, it says Plugged in, not charging and the battery is at 0%. Ive tried several different outlets

A:Laptop plugged in, not charging. Battery at 0%

Your battery has died, you need to buy a new one.  Same thing happened to me a couple of times over the over the years.

Have a great day!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544972/laptop-plugged-in-not-charging-battery-at-0/
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm having this problem where my battery is plugged in but it is not charging. I tried a few solutions but it doesn't work. I just bought this laptop Lenovo G400s almost a month ago. So yea, now i need help on how to fix this problem. http://prntscr.com/2ai7cy

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:G400s Battery Plugged in, not charging

I have the same problem befire and this method works for me: You should have Lenovo Energy Management installed. Open it. Under Battery, click Settings (the wrench icon). Then click batter gauge reset, complete the process. You will see in an instant that the battery icon is charging.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G400s-Battery-Plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/1351321
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, my Hp Envy 15 x360 says "plugged in not charging" anytime i connect the adapter and the charge indicator blinks. i allowed the battery to drain completely and connected the adapter and it was charging. but when it got to 100% charge, it still showed "plugged in charging" and the charging indicator was still red even though the battery was full. it has now gone back to the blinking white indicator light again and says "plugged in not charging"Hp Forums must help find a solution to this problem ASAP. Thanks Acapella_Kafs

A:Battery "plugged in not charging" issue

could you could try what mkush wrote in a previous post.Disconnect ACShutdownRemove batteryConnect ACStartupUnder the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it?s ok if you only have 1).ShutdownDisconnect ACInsert batteryConnect ACStartupor it could be a problem with the charger or port

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-quot-plugged-in-not-charging-quot-issue/td-p/5601180
Relevancy 84.71%

I have similar issue. I have hp split x2 model 13-r010dx running Windows 8.1. The tablet portion is not taking a charge. When plugged into the tablet no light comes on. When I attach the tablet to the keyboard dock and plug the indicator light flashes white on back of keyboard. When I take the tablet off the dock and leave the dock plugged in the indicator light is white and doesn't flash. Seems like tablet battery is drained I had it off the charger overnight and won't take a charge. My keyboard battery is charged so but the computer won't turn on at all.

A:Re: HP Split X2 - Battery 2 plugged in but not charging

Hello @Jcochran49?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I have read your post on how your notebook computer indicates that Battery 2 is plugged in, but not charging or detected, and I would be happy to help you! To further diagnose this issue, I recommend following the steps below to successfully enable your computer to charge the battery: To test and synchronize the battery to your computer, I recommend following this document onTesting and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8). This should help maintain a charge on your notebook's battery. Additionally, I also suggest following the steps below re-install the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery: Step 1. Go to Device ManagerStep 2. Select BatteriesStep 3. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed thereStep 4. Click UninstallStep 5. At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driverStep 6. Shutdown the computerStep 7: Remove the battery for minute and then put it back in When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver. Step 8. Go to Device ManagerStep 9. Select BatteriesStep 10. Right click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed thereStep 11. Click "Search automatically for updated driver software" If the issue persists, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.htmlI hope this helps!Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Re-HP-Split-X2-Battery-2-plugged-in-but-not-charging/td-p/5142491
Relevancy 84.71%

can someone help me solve this problem. the battery was working fine until about 2-3hrs ago and now it give this error. the operating system is windows 7