Windows Support Forum

Lumia 950 xl with AU out of the box?

Q: Lumia 950 xl with AU out of the box?

Is there any chance of getting Lumia 950 XL with anniversary update out of the box in coming months? Don't know whether Microsoft still producing Lumia 950xl or its just the old stock left. If anyone can confirm I can wait and buy.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436867-lumia-950-xl-au-out-box.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lumia 950 xl with AU out of the box?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 31.82%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 32.25%

What sort of smartphone can you buy for just $70? Well you're about to find out, as Microsoft just launched the Lumia 430, their latest budget handset that features surprisingly okay specifications for a very low price tag.

Read more

A:The Microsoft Lumia 430 is a $70 Windows Phone

For 70 bucks I'm sure you could do worse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-microsoft-lumia-430-is-a-70-windows-phone.210398/
Relevancy 30.1%

Microsoft is reportedly planning to host a massive hardware-focused media event this fall in which it'll introduce two new Lumia-branded smartphones, the Microsoft Band 2 wearable and the Surface Pro 4.

Read more

A:Microsoft expected to unveil a pair of Lumia smartphones, Surface Pro 4 and Band 2 at October event

I hope they release a updated Type Cover keyboard. That is literally the only gripe I have with the SP3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-expected-to-unveil-a-pair-of-lumia-smartphones-surface-pro-4-and-band-2-at-october-event.218410/
Relevancy 30.96%

lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left vpn, trying my 635, major but use internet as leakage. private vpn to access(pia) windows lumia on dns have px box-sizing border-box vpn on windows lumia 635, trying to use private internet access(pia) as my vpn, but have major dns leakage. border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt Someone suggested i move over from windows phone and windows preview categories to technet for my question regarding proper installation of vpn on lumia i am on the w insider preview not w sequental steps seem to be missing after entering vpn type and logging in w password and user name on the insider w preview lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom vpn on windows lumia 635, trying to use private internet access(pia) as my vpn, but have major dns leakage. px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt lt p gt lt vpn on windows lumia 635, trying to use private internet access(pia) as my vpn, but have major dns leakage. p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt these are the instructions pia provided which i've done multiple times i can connect to any of their servers but always get leakage back to my isp lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt i have no indication of a secure vpn connection not ever i am on their servers though just not secure lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt NOTE i am using the windows insider preview lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt pia gives me instuctions based on W not the preview the preview seems to be missing all the sequential steps after selecting amp nbsp lt span style quot box-sizing border-box border px margin px padding px vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased quot gt amp nbsp L TP with IPSec for instance there is no amp nbsp lt span gt lt span style quot box-sizing border-box border px margin px padding px vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased quot gt quot Username Password preshared key quot option amp nbsp lt span gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt lt span style quot box-sizing border-box border px margin px padding px vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased quot gt here are the steps from pia the phone is giving no obvious option to edit the dns server either lt span gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36b99169-1208-4a5e-b279-6c01fea2d5bc/vpn-on-windows-lumia-635-trying-to-use-private-internet-accesspia-as-my-vpn-but-have-major-dns?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 30.96%

lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt Someone suggested i move over from windows phone and windows preview categories to technet for my question regarding proper installation of vpn on lumia i am on the w insider preview not w sequental leakage. access(pia) 635, vpn private my on major windows to lumia as but dns vpn, trying have internet use steps seem to be missing after entering vpn type and logging in w password and user name on the insider w preview lt p gt vpn on windows lumia 635, trying to use private internet access(pia) as my vpn, but have major dns leakage. lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased vpn on windows lumia 635, trying to use private internet access(pia) as my vpn, but have major dns leakage. min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt these are the instructions pia provided which i've done multiple times i can connect to any of their servers but always get leakage back to my isp lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt i have no indication of a secure vpn connection not ever i am on their servers though just not secure lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt NOTE i am using the windows insider preview lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt pia gives me instuctions based on W not the preview the preview seems to be missing all the sequential steps after selecting amp nbsp lt span style quot box-sizing border-box border px margin px padding px vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased quot gt amp nbsp L TP with IPSec for instance there is no amp nbsp lt span gt lt span style quot box-sizing border-box border px margin px padding px vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased quot gt quot Username Password preshared key quot option amp nbsp lt span gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px quot gt lt span style quot box-sizing border-box border px margin px padding px vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased quot gt here are the steps from pia the phone is giving no obvious option to edit the dns server either lt span gt lt p gt lt p style quot margin-bottom px padding-right px padding-left px box-sizing border-box border px font-family 'Segoe UI' Arial sans-serif vertical-align top -webkit-font-smoothing antialiased min-height px color font-size px line-height px ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ee69c79a-350b-4320-828d-dc6f1b97b735/vpn-on-windows-lumia-635-trying-to-use-private-internet-accesspia-as-my-vpn-but-have-major-dns?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 32.25%

I was trying to roll back to windows phone 8.1 from windows 10 and my phone screen show nokia with red background ...!!!
Any Solutions???

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/07ee09d3-53f4-4f11-b45a-e6134241fa55/can-i-repair-bricked-lumia-525?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 32.68%

When I try to make a purchase in app or in store it says "Purchase couldn't be completed try again later"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab41ac1d-b527-4fac-8e91-a1fdad7311b7/nokia-lumia-635-help?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 31.39%

I keep getting an error code when I try to download apps or games. Error message is 805a8011 & when I try to pop download a game or a free app the error message pops up & nothing happens

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f101f96-aafc-4226-99ef-7006bb270a31/nokia-lumia-635-cyan-windows-81-live-tile?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 30.96%

I currently have an 8GB,Micro SDHC, Class 4, Non-branded Memory Card in my phone, but it's full up. I have bought & tried a Kingston 64GB, Micro SDXC, Class 10; a SanDisk, 64GB, micro SDXC, Class 10; & a Samsung 64GB, micro SDXC, Class 4. None of them is recognized by my phone, although they work fine in my laptop. Do I need to reduce the size down to a 32GB, SDHC, or what can anybody recommend for me to try next. I have read that somebody has installed a 128GB in the same model phone & got it to work, but I don't want to go to the expense for that size. Thanks for any suggestions!

A:Memory card for Nokia Lumia 1520 smart phone.

It's not something I've experienced, so maybe someone who's experienced the problem first hand will come along shortly. However, when you say they aren't recognised, I assume it shows the SD Card in Storage Sense as 'not found'? Just out of interest, if you install the 'Files App' (a Microsoft App), does if show the card then?

Another thing to check is whether the cards are formatted to the right file system? Taken from HERE:

What file systems do my Lumia phone support?

Your phone supports FAT32 for SDHC cards, exFAT for SDXC cards, with a single Master Boot Record (MBR) partition table.

- Up to 32-GB SDHC cards using the FAT file system.
- 64-GB SDXC cards using the exFAT file system.

Instructions for formatting the card here:
FAQ - My memory card is not working properly in Lumia phone - Microsoft - UK

If that doesn't work, a quick Google search shows that some people have needed to completely reset the phone before it would recognise their SD card. Obviously, this would be a bit of a sledge hammer solution and not particularly ideal as it would entail backing up your entire phone, completely wiping it and starting again from scratch by going to Settings > About > Reset Your Phone.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72391-memory-card-nokia-lumia-1520-smart-phone.html
Relevancy 32.25%

The problem with my Lumia is that for some reason it won't connect 1520 Lumia WiFi to the private network in the hostel where I currently am Previously every month in order to use the WiFi you were given a new username and password and then the Salvation Army menu would appear in IE and fill out the details there and there was no problem Every time I try to connect in WiFi it would automatically take WiFi Lumia 1520 me to the menu in IE mentioned previously Now it goes to secure password page and enter the password without the username and keeps saying renter password without even to try the password I have connected to other free WiFi hot spots with no problem it just appears to be the Salvation Army one and yes I have asked other residents with Lumia phones and other manufacturers and have not come across this problem I also tried using a random password but only characters long and it looks as if it is trying to use it nut then reverts back to the re-enter password Unfortunately I have also tried the Hard Reset with no joy and used several usernames and passwords given to me all resulting in the same problem Any suggestions would be much appreciated

A:WiFi Lumia 1520

Talk to the folks that run the Hostel. Maybe they can help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/71871-wifi-lumia-1520-a.html
Relevancy 27.95%

As surfaces ?Software update 10? Lumia Update page with for Windows the Windows Mobile release inches closer and closer Microsoft has now updated its software update page for Windows Phone to include Windows The page which typically helped Lumia users to know the status of their updates and previously whether it was in testing waiting for dispatch etc has now been updated to include instructions for Lumia devices running Windows Mobile In ?Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10? update page surfaces addition to that Microsoft s Windows Phone help page is now full of FAQs about Windows we re going with Microsoft s branding here from now on for the casual user As the roll out rumoured to be starting next week and currently being shipped out to carriers for staging inches ever ?Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10? update page surfaces closer Windows Phone users should be excited about the new functionality enabled by Microsoft To reiterate the first few devices that Microsoft has confirmed will get Windows are the Lumia Lumia Lumia Lumia Lumia Lumia GB RAM Lumia Lumia XL Lumia Lumia and Lumia From Software Update for Lumia with Windows update page surfaces as Microsoft answers all your Windows FAQs nbsp

A:“Software Update for Lumia with Windows 10” update page surfaces

No Lumia 730?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/%E2%80%9Csoftware-update-for-lumia-with-windows-10%E2%80%9D-update-page-surfaces.52976/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi there, Nokia Lumia 635 doesn't have a feature to save the Contacts list in a Micro SD card. In the Microsoft Store, I was able to see a few Apps (free) and one of them (sorry, forgot the name) came directly from a Microsoft site but it was not to be
seen in the list of installed apps. Another one found could compile all the contacts in Excel and email out. But I would like to know about one that can save it in a Micro SD, restore it to the Phone when a need arises and much more, if any. So, please advise
if there is a paid/free App that would do this. Mine is W10 upgraded.Thanks.

Konnan Ramu

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e4b21cd7-7eca-4999-8b50-42d8ef67bfea/lumia-635-amp-contacts?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey guys,
has anyone tested the insider version of windows 10 on lumia 730 ?
how was the experience ?
can it be used on a daily phone?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c189f8b-6e88-40d3-8c70-db6a8356aa18/is-windows-10-coming-to-lumia-730-as-well?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm using a Lumia 640 Dual SIM running Windows 10 Mobile (10586.164), but am unable to choose which SIM card to call someone from within the People App now. You used to be able to press the down arrow and select which SIM card to call from, but now it doesn't matter where you press, it just dials the phone number without giving you any choice. As you can tell by the 'History' tab in the below screenshot, this is with the latest version of the People app.

Anyone else using a Lumia Dual SIM finding the same thing?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/44728-lumia-dual-sim-cant-choose-sim-people-app.html
Relevancy 32.25%

My Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual Sim mobile when connected to my ProBook via a USB 2 port (also USB 3) is not seen by Windows 10 as a device. My Windows has all known updates. My Lumia 532 runs Windows Phone 8.1 Update. I urgently need to back up the contacts on my mobile (possibly using PhoneCopy) . Could this be caused by a USB driver for the ProBook not being up to date? If so where do I go to, to download the latest driver? Or are there special settings either on the Lumia or in Windows which enable USB commincation? Ideas desperately needed please! Many thanks...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-ProBook-4520s-does-not-see-M-S-Lumia-532-on-USB/td-p/5645535
Relevancy 31.82%

my lumia has been running on windows phone 8.1 for more than 8 months. About 3 weeks back it reboots itself and to my shock was welcomed with this mwssage;
ERROR:Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shutdown.

I want to know if there's any chance that am going to use my Lumia 520 again. 

by the way am in Zimbabwe.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fbec76fe-7a6b-4d19-b42c-8c05df1452fd/lumia-520-unable-to-find-bootable-option?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,

I cant install the driver for this phone, I get the following message:

MTP USB Device
dependency service or group failed to start.

Using Windows 7 Home 64
It works fine when I try to install it on my Windows 7 starter 32 bit laptop.

Device manager recognizes the phone, but no driver installation possible.

Any ideas how to fix this? Tnx in advance!

A:cant install driver for Windows Lumia 640 XL

Well, after installing the latest Windows Update it all works fine now, so solved

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/374279-cant-install-driver-windows-lumia-640-xl.html
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi Ever since the latest (Lumia 8.1 doesn't Windows detect Windows 1020) Phone WP update currently on Windows 8.1 doesn't detect Windows Phone (Lumia 1020) WP Update firmware my Windows PC doesn't detect my Lumia I get quot The latest device malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it There is also Unknown USB device Device descriptor request failed listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device manager Nothing under Portable devices section What I have tried - replacing usb cable using original one - gt no luck - soft reset phone - gt no luck - turning the phone off and plug it in - gt no go - manually uninstalling the device from device manager restarting the PC and try again - gt nope - plugged brother's lumia - gt works like a charm I'm slowly losing my mind I have no idea what else can I try Any help is appreciated Edit Ok so I've got access to laptop plugging my phone there and the same problem happens at first - the device can't be recognized but a few moments later somehow it gets recognized and connected The problem seems to be on my PC can anyone help me out completely removing all the Phone drivers including registry entries so I can install them fresh Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 doesn't detect Windows Phone (Lumia 1020)

Welcome to the forum sukle.

Can't really help with your problem but a few ideas while you wait for one of the experts to come along and help.

Is your phone completely up to date ? Do you have the 8.1 update on your phone ?

I only have the Lumia 520, I have no problems with this on my 8.1 Update 1 Asus Notebook, I've just plugged it in so of course it's charging, usually charge through the mains adapter so very rarely plug it into the computer as everything can be done from the phone.

Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you out.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52744-windows-8-1-doesnt-detect-windows-phone-lumia-1020-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Would you make Surface the 'stylish' tablet/laptop brand, and Lumia the 'colorful' branding?

Would you make Lumia for phones and laptops only, and have Suface be the hybrid laptop/tablets?

Would you create the much rumored 'Surface Phone'?

Or how about that old 'Xbox Surface' rumor for XBLA only gaming?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38505-ms-how-would-you-use-lumia-surface-xbox-brands.html
Relevancy 31.39%

After experiencing no problem before connecting to Wi-Fi services with this smart phone, I suddenly now have the problem. I did a search to no avail. Any help appreciated.
I don't know why I didn't do this before, but I turned the phone completely off & then back on again. I now have my Wi-Fi service back again.

A:Nokia Lumia 1520, lost Wi-Fi connection to all services.

Yea they need to reboot every now and the too.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67502-nokia-lumia-1520-lost-wi-fi-connection-all-services.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I made a hotspot on an Acer laptop with Windows 8.1 and manage to use the internet on a tablet Nexus 7 with Android. My issue is that I fail to connect a phone Nokia Lumia 520 with Windows Phone 8.1.The hotspot tells me that he has no internet access. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thankyou.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58423-nokia-lumia-520-wi-fi-hotpot.html
Relevancy 31.82%

The light sensor on my phone is broken so whenever I get a call the screen just goes black while I am talking and I can't put it on speaker or anything. How can I fix this??

A:Nokia Lumia 800 light sensor broken

Hello Kirby,

When you're at a place where you can see your phone's screen, you could use the method in the tutorial below to turn off automatic adjust brightness level, and manually set it to brightness level you would like instead. I like medium.

Windows Phone 8 Brightness Level - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47511-nokia-lumia-800-light-sensor-broken.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Phone recently updated to 8.1, now i can't download apps. Been through the Account.Live procedure which tries to send a code to an e-mail address which no longer exists and doesn't appear editable. Been through the "I have no code" procedure and got emailed a 7 digit code. Problem is the phone is expecting a 5 digit code so rejects it. Have tried Microsoft support but, as I expect you have all dicovered personally, they are less than supporting. Any ideas? Got about 15 apps which need updating but Computer Says No

A:Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8.1 Account Verification

Do you have a local phone store? My local store is very good at handling issues like these and I've used them a few times. In Nov, I am dumping AT&T (poor coverage) and going to Verizon, and I hope to be able to take my Lumia 920 with me.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/54701-nokia-lumia-920-windows-8-1-account-verification.html
Relevancy 30.53%

When I click on the links in my gmails at google it only highlights them, it doesn't take me to the website.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/42032-nokia-lumia-520-running-windows-8-gmail-links-wont-work.html
Relevancy 31.39%

As the title says, the People app is still displaying old photographs for contacts that have been deleted along with the original photograph!
Is there a way to clear the cache or whatever so I no longer have to see photographs of someone I don't really want to look at?

many thanks, Lol.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53434-people-app-displaying-deleted-photographs-lumia-640-win10.html
Relevancy 32.25%

My phone randomly switched off and started restarting the phone constantly. It vibrates then shows the word Microsoft with the logo next to it and then switches off and does the same again. I have tried taking the SIM card and battery out and putting
them back in but it doesn't work. There seems to be no problems like this on the internet.
HELP ME!!!!!!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/935b2ecf-cb43-48b8-9509-beb984236f75/keeps-crashing-on-my-windows-phone-lumia-435?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 30.96%

After a hard reset I wanted to sync my google contacts and mail to my Lumia 950 again (it worked fine before), but whenever I try to connect the account I get to a page where it sais, that the browser I'm using is not supported and that I should download a different one (I did everything through the settings-menu btw).
Did anybody else expirience something alike or does anybody know a work-around? I really need my google contacts on my phone!
P.S. I made screenshots, if anybody knows how you can post pictures here I'm happy to provide them.

A:Can't connect my google account (contacts/gmail/...) to my Lumia 950 anymore.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question After a hard reset I wanted to sync my google contacts and mail to my Lumia 950 again (it worked fine before), but whenever I try to connect the account I get to a page where it sais, that the browser I'm using is not supported and that I should download a different one (I did everything through the settings-menu btw).
Did anybody else expirience something alike or does anybody know a work-around? I really need my google contacts on my phone!
P.S. I made screenshots, if anybody knows how you can post pictures here I'm happy to provide them. before adding any account, make sure that you've updated the mail app
You're using the mail app, right?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434048-cant-connect-my-google-account-contacts-gmail-my-lumia-950-anymore.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I have a few issues with Windows Mobile on my Issues Lumia 640 Windows 10 Mobile, Lumia For the most part it works very well but there are some problems I could use assistance with Please forgive me if these have already been addressed I am unable to update due to storage space even though I have a large sd card too none of the remaining apps that are on the phone can be moved to the card due to them being MS apps or error messages also I see no way to have outlook or edge save emails or documents to the sd card Some Windows 10 Mobile, Lumia 640 Issues text message threads either crash on being opened or have what looks like html displaying in their place then usually closing Numerous live tiles are inconsistent All of the websites have the edge logo and not the page like before Some of the games apps don't show all the time as anything other than blank Outlook often does not have anything beyond the date I have gmail accounts three install fine one was installed and now refuses to be added Black screen amp lockscreen counts differ at times with actual counts I can add more details if need be Sorry for the length of this and thank you for any help or guidance

A:Windows 10 Mobile, Lumia 640 Issues

To update a phone you must have enough space,probably 2GB free on internal memory..
The other issues I think hard reset will fix
Windows 10 Mobile

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434319-windows-10-mobile-lumia-640-issues.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Not sure how to reply!

A:i am using Lumia 950 running Win10

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434313-i-am-using-lumia-950-running-win10.html
Relevancy 31.82%
A:camera is not open after update window 10 in lumia 540

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question camera is not open Go to Store and check pending core apps list. Wait till all of them are updated and synched (all apps need to be updated to win10 version)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434285-camera-not-open-after-update-window-10-lumia-540-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Throughout a day, my phone restarts for about 6-7 times. Most of the time it happens when my mobile data connection is on.

A:Why does my Lumia 950 XL suddenly restarts so often nowadays?

Are you running multiple apps in the background? Does it freeze and then restart? If so it could be the lack of ram space or an OS glitch also if you recently installed a new app uninstall it to see if your restarts stop.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434163-why-does-my-lumia-950-xl-suddenly-restarts-so-often-nowadays.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,
I have been running Windows 10 Mobile on the latest Production Release, non-Insider, and my Mobile Hotspot won't work over WiFi. I can still use it over Bluetooth but it is slow compared to WiFi.
I am using AT&T with 5 GB of data with my Lumia 950 XL. I was able to use the Mobile Hotspot with my Lumia 1520 and 830 without any problems.
I did try changing the APN as recommended by a user here who spoke with AT&T customer service but that didn't work at all.
I appreciate the help and input.
Thank you.

A:Lumia 950 XL - Mobile Hotspot not transmitting via WiFi

I'm on AT&T with a 950 XL so I can say it does work. I did have some issues with some Production Release versions. I think it was because of the options to enable the PC to enable the hotspot. Turn that off and it should work.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433850-lumia-950-xl-mobile-hotspot-not-transmitting-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,
I've a Lumia 630 and I'm enrolled in Windows Insider program... Wanted to check which is the latest build that I'll be getting in insider preview... To be precise shall I get anniversary update on my Lumia 630 (through insider program).
Thanks!

A:Which is the latest build for insider for Lumia 630

Originally Posted by Viru116 Hi,
I've a Lumia 630 and I'm enrolled in Windows Insider program... Wanted to check which is the latest build that I'll be getting in insider preview... To be precise shall I get anniversary update on my Lumia 630 (through insider program).
Thanks! is your phone the 1GB version? If yes, then the latest version via insider app is 14393.5
If your phone is the 512MB RAM version, then it is 10586.494 - you won't get any more updates after this

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434054-latest-build-insider-lumia-630-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have used the phone for one year. I am given to know that the battery usually drains out in about two to three years. I want to secure the battery such that I can use the phone for beyond three years.

A:Anywhere I can buy a Lumia 535 battery in Hong Kong ?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have used the phone for one year. I am given to know that the battery usually drains out in about two to three years. I want to secure the battery such that I can use the phone for beyond three years. check with your local ms store or nokia service centres -they usually have them.
Also check the battery type and see if any local shops have them

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434222-anywhere-i-can-buy-lumia-535-battery-hong-kong.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Dear all... i have been using the Microsoft lumia 650 since 3 months now. i do not get any sms/text notification or sound alert. i have tried all setting and even hard reset but no result.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

A:Windows Lumia 650 SMS. No Sound or Notification

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Dear all... i have been using the Microsoft lumia 650 since 3 months now. i do not get any sms/text notification or sound alert. i have tried all setting and even hard reset but no result.
Any help will be highly appreciated. change sound from anything but "default" and don't keep them private

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434200-windows-lumia-650-sms-no-sound-notification.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, thanks in advance , i was using windows insider for getting windows and was using windows 10 for a while on my Lumia 1020, after that i switched back to windows 8.10.14234.375 using recovery tool found in windows official site. Now I'm unable to put windows 10 . I tried windows insider, still when i check in phone updates its shown as there are no updates available.

A:Unable to upgrade my lumia 1020 to windows 10

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hi, thanks in advance , i was using windows insider for getting windows and was using windows 10 for a while on my Lumia 1020, after that i switched back to windows 8.10.14234.375 using recovery tool found in windows official site. Now I'm unable to put windows 10 . I tried windows insider, still when i check in phone updates its shown as there are no updates available. i have got some bad news for you, i read in an article that microsoft has shut their doors to unsupported windows 8.1 devices which means new windows 8.1 phone devices enrolling into insiders and opting for builds for windows 10 wont get it anymore, and those who are currently in threshold build will be left alone there as threshold development is over, also if an insider rolls back to 8.1 and then tries to upgrade to windows 10 through insiders on an unsupported phone wont get the update. i will try to get a link for you , to the original article.
here: You can no longer get Windows 10 Mobile on unsupported devices - MSPoweruser
*all credits to the original article editor.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433209-unable-upgrade-my-lumia-1020-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 30.96%

When i closed WhatsApp hike messenger fb then my phone not notify any msg.'s

A:why my lumia 640xl not notify any massage from WhatsApp fb messenger hike etc

Try going to settings and then notifications, see if the notifications there are off or on for each of those apps.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434081-why-my-lumia-640xl-not-notify-any-massage-whatsapp-fb-messenger-hike-etc.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm not getting any notifications from whatsapp and its telling me to reboot my phone how do I do that

A:how do i rwboot my nokia Lumia 735

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I'm not getting any notifications from whatsapp and its telling me to reboot my phone how do I do that hold vol down + power 15 secs

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434087-how-do-i-rwboot-my-nokia-lumia-735-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%
A:does anyone know if lumia 925 will be included in later preview builds?

The 925 along with its WP8 compatriots are done. Fin. Microsoft has washed its hands of it. So no.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434139-does-anyone-know-if-lumia-925-will-included-later-preview-builds.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Cricket Wireless' unlimited plan doesn't technically allow mobile hotspot, but I know it's possible to work around it because I'm able to use it on my Moto X Pure with Cyanogenmod ROM installed.
I'd like to buy a 640 as a backup phone, but only if I can use the mobile hotspot with the unlimited plan.
Can anybody confirm whether it's possible to use mobile hotspot on Cricket's $70 unlimited plan with the Lumia 640? I'm thinking it might be possible with an install of W10M insider preview...

A:Mobile Hotspot on Lumia 640 with Cricket $70 unlimited plan?

Insider Preview doesn't do anything to unlock the restricted tethering option. W10M/WP check with the carrier to see if your IMEI is authorized to use tethering. I've been poking in the registry to see if I can disable this, but I've had no luck thus far.
I'm on: L640, W10M Fast, Cricket.
If you want to tether without anyone bothering you, FireFoxOS.
Found it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...aring-t3024128
Relevant key change: Originally Posted by RustyGrom [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services\ICSSVC\Settings]
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"EntitlementRequired"=dword:00000000

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/430914-mobile-hotspot-lumia-640-cricket-%2470-unlimited-plan.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello. Im a very happy user of Lumia 950 DS. Well not exactly.
And that's because my phone don't work as i want to.
Im using RS1 version 393 at last. And always updates all apps.
Ok. let's stick to the point. After record slow motion, when i try to edit
example cut and change speed this is when my issue comes.
Video is centered with black theme around.
Please for help.

A:Lumia 950 DS slow motion edition don't work properly.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hello. Im a very happy user of Lumia 950 DS. Well not exactly.
And that's because my phone don't work as i want to.
Im using RS1 version 393 at last. And always updates all apps.
Ok. let's stick to the point. After record slow motion, when i try to edit
example cut and change speed this is when my issue comes.
Video is centered with black theme around.
Please for help. before editing, can you export to pc and see if the black line is there? I remember a few months back where a similar issue happened and it was actually the way the phone was displaying videos that was the issue

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/432688-lumia-950-ds-slow-motion-edition-dont-work-properly.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I am an extreme user of windows phone..i have used so many lumia..such as..720, 920,925,730,430,530,535,830,950xl, &now 640 LTE...but till 8.1 update it worked perfectly...but after windows 10 update i face some problems....why is that..? is Microsoft not interested anymore to serve their Lumia client?
Problems:
#Ringtone function is not responding on Lumia 640 LTE
#Maps compass doesn't work
# Sometimes display becomes irresponsive.
# & much more...
pls let me know those solutions...
email: DATA EXPUNGED
Mod's note: Posting emails publicly is not recommended.

A:Maps Compass Doesn't work on Lumia 640 LTE

perhaps you need to do a factory reset to get all things working properly

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/432874-maps-compass-doesnt-work-lumia-640-lte.html
Relevancy 32.25%

is there any way to install windows 10 on lumia 1320 without Windows insider . Or let me know which firmware can use windows 10 for lumia 1320. Please tell me is there any hacking method to install windows 10 on lumia 1320.

A:Will again release Windows 10 for Lumia 1320?

Originally Posted by gyoganandhan is there any way to install windows 10 on lumia 1320 without Windows insider . Or let me know which firmware can use windows 10 for lumia 1320. Please tell me is there any hacking method to install windows 10 on lumia 1320. Go in forum Hack and develop for info about phone registry hack. Use it at your risk

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434021-will-again-release-windows-10-lumia-1320-a.html
Relevancy 30.96%

in a big problem my phone was first proper after hard reset my phone shows dip;ay covered with white horizontal lines need help,,,,,thanx in advance

A:need help .......my lumia 520 display is fully covered with white horizontal lines need help

dumb question, but have you restarted the phone first?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433881-need-help-my-lumia-520-display-fully-covered-white-horizontal-lines-need-help.html
Relevancy 27.95%
A:if i upgrade lumia 640 xl via upgrade advisor app which build are download?

Hi, 10586.494 will be downloaded (although it will probably come in 2 parts, .007 first and then .494)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434030-if-i-upgrade-lumia-640-xl-via-upgrade-advisor-app-build-download.html
Relevancy 31.82%
A:if i upgrade lumia 640 xl please tell me which builds are received from microsoft

Hi, builds are pretty stable now and both are from Microsoft.
If you have any further info or questions please join the Windows Central forums, so that you can reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434028-if-i-upgrade-lumia-640-xl-please-tell-me-builds-received-microsoft.html
Relevancy 28.38%

i am using lumia 640 xl dual sim model. my phone running windows phone 8.1 so
which os is best on lumia 640 xl . windows 10 mobile battery life can improve on lumia 640 xl

A:windows 10 mobile build 10586.494 vs windows phone 8.1 which is faster on my lumia 640 xl ?

I also have a 640 xl and in performance 8.1 beats 10 but in features, 10 had an upper hand. My 640 xl is rocking on windows 10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434018-windows-10-mobile-build-10586-494-vs-windows-phone-8-1-faster-my-lumia-640-xl.html
Relevancy 44.29%

please tell me windows 10 mobile on lumia 640 xl battery life can improve than windows phone 8.1

A:lumia 640 xl windows phone 8.1 vs lumia 640 xl windows 10 mobile which os give great battery life?

On the current Redstone build, it's virtually a tie. I was getting two days between charges on my 640 XL running 8.1. 14393.5 will give you two days charge as well.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434025-lumia-640-xl-windows-phone-8-1-vs-lumia-640-xl-windows-10-mobile-os-give-great-battery-life.html
Relevancy 31.82%

couldn't activate phone 0*fffffe70 what does it mean...
erorr 80070057
can not create ms account ?????? plz help

A:Couldn't activate phone 0*fffffe70 what does it mean (Lumia 535)?

Please Set the Time and Date Correct before Login

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/331296-couldnt-activate-phone-0%2Afffffe70-what-does-mean-lumia-535-a.html
Relevancy 31.82%
A:Can I get Pokemon Go on my Nokia Lumia 635? (windows phone) if not, when?

You can not. The developer, Niantic Labs, has not written it for windows 10 or 8.1, and they have locked it down so 3rd party apps don't work. You may never be able too it just depends if the developer decides to put it on Windows.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434345-can-i-get-pokemon-go-my-nokia-lumia-635-windows-phone-if-not-when.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Since upgrading my Microsoft Lumia 735 to Windows 10, last Saturday, quite a few things are working poorly. I can't get my Gmail account set up, for example. However, the worst is that I cannot access my OneDrive at all (it hangs and then ultimately takes me back to the Start screen), and my photos are no longer uploading to the Skydrive Camera Roll folder on the OneDrive.
Anybody else experiencing issues with Win10 on Lumia 730/735?

A:Windows 10 on Lumia 735

These are common issues until you factory reset your phone. To do this make sure your phone has backed up first then open settings, go to system, about, then tap reset your phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434347-windows-10-lumia-735-a.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello,
I have a Lumia Phone, with Windows 8 in it.
software is up to date.
I want to remove the Game button from the Application list ( Not asking about removing a game ; but Game button itself ), so there is no game gets installed by any chance.
Hope you helps
thanking you
Aliasgar

A:How do I remove the GAME BUTTON from my Windows 8 Lumia Phone?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hello,
I have a Lumia Phone, with Windows 8 in it.
software is up to date.
I want to remove the Game button from the Application list ( Not asking about removing a game ; but Game button itself ), so there is no game gets installed by any chance.
Hope you helps
thanking you
Aliasgar If you mean remove the live tile, just long press and unpin. If you want to uninstall, sorry you can't do that.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/378351-how-do-i-remove-game-button-my-windows-8-lumia-phone.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello everyone. I?m unable to adjust brightness on my Lumia 930. The brightness is very high and when a try to adjust it nothing happens. I set it to high, premium or low but nothing happens. I also tried automatic brightness and it didnt work. I tried even brightess profile but still nothing. Any ideas what could cause this problem and how to fix it ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434421-why-brightness-display-lumia-930-so-high.html
Relevancy 32.25%

So i was on internet explore watching youtube videos becuase the youtube app takes me to the internet explore and i tried both soft and hard boots but the power, camrea, volume and the buttons at bottom of screens dont work at all everytime i try to check to see if the battey has drained i have to plug it as if i was charging it and the screen turnes on not on the nokia sign but still on internet explorer my question is does anyone know any other ways to fix this or to reset the phone if this happens again and thanks for taking you time to read and possible reply with a answer

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434413-my-nokia-lumia-930-froze-while-i-internet.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am looking for some sensible advice I am currently running a lumia which Lumia replacement 820 I have had since the st week available in the UK The lumia never interested me and I specifically went for the over the as at the time it was slightly smaller cheaper and did everything I wanted When the was released I thought great a return Lumia 820 replacement to the high end market but was put Lumia 820 replacement off by the Lumia 820 replacement size of it and that I didn't need anything that fancy but I was looking forward to the until it was cancelled My still works still takes better photos than the wife's iphone s although it takes a lot longer to take the picture Battery life is starting to fail and it doesn't look like it will be getting w m hence the reason I am here Should I keep it running as long as I can maybe get a new battery for it or should I replace it Was thinking with a for the short term till hopefully things pickup Can anybody give me any idea what the camera on the is like compared with the Thanks

A:Lumia 820 replacement

Originally Posted by Simmo_2000 I am looking for some sensible advice. I am currently running a lumia 820, which I have had since the 1st week available in the UK. The lumia 830 never interested me, and I specifically went for the 820 over the 920 as at the time it was slightly smaller, cheaper and did everything I wanted.
When the 950 was released I thought great a return to the high end market, but was put off by the size of it, and that I didn't need anything that fancy, but I was looking forward to the 850 (until it was cancelled).
My 820 still works, still takes better photos than the wife's iphone 6s(although it takes a lot longer to take the picture). Battery life is starting to fail, and it doesn't look like it will be getting w10m, hence the reason I am here.
Should I keep it running as long as I can (maybe get a new battery for it), or should I replace it? Was thinking with a 650, for the short term till hopefully things pickup.
Can anybody give me any idea what the camera on the 650 is like compared with the 820.
Thanks. I own a 650, and with latest firmware, o.s. build and photo app updates it's one of best 8 MPX camera in the market.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/426873-lumia-820-replacement.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I believe there is a new firmware for the 950XL which resolves the battery drain issue.
Can someone confirm to me this is true, and where and how i can get this firmware updated to my 950XL.
Also what is the latest firmware for the 950XL?
My current version is 1511
Firmware revision no.01078.00038.16025.39013
Hardware Revision no.4.0.1.1
OS Build 10.0.10586.494
Any advice would be much appreciated. Apart from the battery drain & sometimes gets warm, the phone is ok.
I also have a 640XL which i personally think is flawless, loved this phone until i unfortuntunatey dropped a cup on the screen and shattered it pretty bad.
Hence why i have a 950XL now.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434436-lumia-950xl-battery-drain-too-quick.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Cant find site to download app onto my phone

A:can I download pokemon go on a lumia 610

No. Not available.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434451-can-i-download-pokemon-go-lumia-610-a.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am looking for some sensible advice I am currently running a lumia which I have had since the st week available in the UK The lumia never interested me and I specifically went for the over the as at the time it was slightly smaller cheaper and did everything I wanted When the was released I thought great a return to the high end market but was put off by the size of it and that I didn't need anything that fancy but I was looking forward to the until it was cancelled My still works still takes better photos than the wife's iphone s although it takes a lot longer to take the picture Battery life is starting to fail and it doesn't look like it will be getting w m hence the reason I am here Should I keep it running as long as I can maybe get a new battery for it or should I replace it Was thinking with a for the short term till hopefully things pickup Can anybody give me any 820 Lumia replacement idea what the camera on the is like compared with the Thanks

A:Lumia 820 replacement

Originally Posted by Simmo_2000 I am looking for some sensible advice. I am currently running a lumia 820, which I have had since the 1st week available in the UK. The lumia 830 never interested me, and I specifically went for the 820 over the 920 as at the time it was slightly smaller, cheaper and did everything I wanted.
When the 950 was released I thought great a return to the high end market, but was put off by the size of it, and that I didn't need anything that fancy, but I was looking forward to the 850 (until it was cancelled).
My 820 still works, still takes better photos than the wife's iphone 6s(although it takes a lot longer to take the picture). Battery life is starting to fail, and it doesn't look like it will be getting w10m, hence the reason I am here.
Should I keep it running as long as I can (maybe get a new battery for it), or should I replace it? Was thinking with a 650, for the short term till hopefully things pickup.
Can anybody give me any idea what the camera on the 650 is like compared with the 820.
Thanks. I own a 650, and with latest firmware, o.s. build and photo app updates it's one of best 8 MPX camera in the market.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-windows-phone-discussion-lounge/426873-lumia-820-replacement.html
Relevancy 31.39%

So I've updated my Lumia Icon to Win10 a couple weeks ago and it worked quite fine.
Today I've found my phone at 17% battery charge. Plugged it in and forgot about it for a while. Couple hours after - 12%! Went to the battery saver setting and saw (plugged in, not charging) message next to the battery charge percentage.
Replaced the battery - same problem. Computer sees the data from phone as usual. Tried a different USB cable - same story. Tried to charge it with a wireless charger that worked just fine for me recently - same issue. Did a regular restart, and a couple of soft resets - nothing changed. Not sure what else I can do now. Don't want to do hard reset until it's the absolutely last chance.
Any ideas guys?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434491-lumia-icon-windows-10-mobile-plugged-not-charging.html
Relevancy 32.25%

My nokia lumia 625's screen has become non responsive. The buttons on the side work but nothing else. I can not turn it off or take the battery out because it is impossible to take out the small screws. Please could someone help?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434488-nokia-lumia-625-screen-non-responsive.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have lumia 820 of windows 10 mobile-downgrade to wp8.1-now upgrade to wp10 but dont-windows advisor error not suppurted-i have developer account-please help me-i want lumia 820 of wp10

A:lumia 820 not upgrade to wp 10

Are you saying that you wish to return to 8.1? Or to upgrade to 10?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434501-lumia-820-not-upgrade-wp-10-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I can send but cant recieve texts. I erased allthe old texts.

A:[Help] Can't recieve text messages on my Lumia?

Try factory resetting your phone (Settings, About, Reset Your Phone)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434497-%5Bhelp%5D-cant-recieve-text-messages-my-lumia.html
Relevancy 32.25%

screen toggle was turned on and the directions to turn it back off I goofed up. now what to do? on the apps page settings has been removed.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434516-how-do-you-unlock-locked-screen-lumia-640-xl.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi,
With the update from 10586.494 to 14393.5 the Lumia 635 became useless. Completely useless.
The nav bar is constalntly on and hiding the menu items on ALL apps, including built-in ones, like camera, calculator, phone dialer... all.
The phone became useless instantly.
Previously, the nav bar was outside of the system screen, now it became the part of it.
I cannot switch it off or hide it
WHY?????
Please fix it or it will be in the bin in a week (and I think I will not be the only one).
Thanks
J

A:Lumia 635 vs. 14393.5 - constant nav bar makes the phone useless

This is not present on the 640, only on the 635.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434518-lumia-635-vs-14393-5-constant-nav-bar-makes-phone-useless.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So i am from India using the legendary L on Insider build I loved that my phone lasted for like years but I feel that from last few builds i was compromising my needs for the performance Now that my phone is outdated and anniversary update is scheduled next week i am willing to switch to a new windows phone and I have short listed my choices to Lumia which i can get around in my area on Amazon and L XL current price at at amazon Positive point And i'm seeking suggestions for vs Lumia XL Lumia Cant 640 between Decide 650 choosing Cant Decide between Lumia 650 vs Lumia 640 XL between L vs L XL My daily use goes like I use Adidas miCoach for running for hour every morning I google a lot I mean a Lot I have Gigs of music in my SD card and love to listen music for hours everyday I watch videos on youtube for mins I often use Navigation during my travel or local commute OneNote for mins Would like to do good photography and videography MP vs MP Little or No game Compromising till today as L has MB ram My critical concerns for choosing the phone would be Battery life I wish i would never run out of the juice doing all above everyday like a superhero as XL has whooping mAh vs 's Future update compatibility XL has newer chip compared to 's SD lacks compass will it affect my Adidas miCoach runs and everyday Navigation Size is not an issue But would consider over XL if it has no issues mentioned above I am looking for pure performance Please help Also Users of L please share your view on above from your experience

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434529-cant-decide-between-lumia-650-vs-lumia-640-xl.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi.
My Nokia Lumia 625's battery drained the other day during afternoon. I put it on charge at night but the phone didn't turn on. The phone vibrates, the nokia logo appears and then it disappears (as if the phone has shut down) and the whole process repeats. I didn't even get to the point where the empty battery sign appears. When I remove the charged and try to turn on the phone, the phone doesn't turn on as if its battery is zero.
What seems to be the issue?

A:Nokia LUMIA 625 won't turn on

try holding the volume down button, the power button and camera button at the same time, thats what i did , it did go to home screen for a while before shutting down again. let me know if you find a solution thanks :) dont think i will be getting another windows phone if im honest :P

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/312761-nokia-lumia-625-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi
I'm using lumia 925. i am using viber ,But i cant take video calls......!!!
Do i have to update viber?? or isn't there video call facility for Lumia 925????
I am really worrying about this. Pls help me to solve this matter.
Thanks

A:Viber Video calls - Lumia 925

have you checked in store for updates?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434525-viber-video-calls-lumia-925-a.html
Relevancy 30.1%

hi !! about 2 months ago my lumia was having some glitches problem so i gave it to Microsoft service center. they updated my software but after updation everytime i use internet explorer to search anything and opens any site suddenly a RED page opens up named ""viral mobi store" and telling me the website i am trying to open is unsafe and continuation not recommended. If i choose to continue and open it some bad sites like trafficking and sites with *** (bad) advertisements opens up automatically.
This is happening even if i am opening a fully safe and secure govt sites !!! its happening in almost every site i open. i am able to open only youtube videos !! what is the problem !!! even my friend having same limia 1320 is having the same problem after software updation. HOW TO REMOVE IT !!!!! can someone help me !!

A:after software updation of my lumia 1320 in microsoft service center, everytime i open any site

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question hi !! about 2 months ago my lumia was having some glitches problem so i gave it to Microsoft service center. they updated my software but after updation everytime i use internet explorer to search anything and opens any site suddenly a RED page opens up named ""viral mobi store" and telling me the website i am trying to open is unsafe and continuation not recommended. If i choose to continue and open it some bad sites like trafficking and sites with *** (bad) advertisements opens up automatically.
This is happening even if i am opening a fully safe and secure govt sites !!! its happening in almost every site i open. i am able to open only youtube videos !! what is the problem !!! even my friend having same limia 1320 is having the same problem after software updation. HOW TO REMOVE IT !!!!! can someone help me !! go to your browser, clear all history and cookies - just do a clean wipe and then check

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434562-after-software-updation-my-lumia-1320-microsoft-service-center-everytime-i-open-any-site.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi
I'm using lumia 925. i am using Messenger,But i cant take video calls......!!!
Do i have to update messenger?? or isn't there video call facility for Lumia 925????
I am really worrying about this. Pls help me to solve this matter.
Thanks

A:Messenger Video Calls Lumia 925

Video calling is not on any version of Windows Phone/Windows 10 Mobile's Messenger app at this time.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434524-messenger-video-calls-lumia-925-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

can I get face time on my Lumia 520 to make video calls to family

A:can I get face time on lumia 520

Face time is an Apple product and is exclusive to iPhones and iPads. You can use Skype, which is owned by Microsoft and is cross-platform on Android, iOS, and Windows devices.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/331570-can-i-get-face-time-lumia-520-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

what is use of cortona ??

A:what is use of cortona ?? im lumia 730 user

what is use of cortona ??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/cortana/434545-what-use-cortona.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So i am from India using the legendary L on Insider build I loved that my phone lasted for like years but I feel that from last few builds i was compromising my needs for the performance Now that my phone is outdated and anniversary update is scheduled next week i am willing to switch to a new windows phone and I have short listed my choices to Lumia which i can get around in my area on Amazon and L XL current price at at amazon Positive point And i'm seeking suggestions for choosing between L vs L XL My daily use goes like I use Adidas miCoach for running for hour every morning I google a lot I mean a Lot I have Gigs of music in my SD card and love to listen music for hours everyday I watch videos on youtube for mins I often use Navigation during my travel or local commute OneNote for mins Would like to do good photography and videography MP vs MP Little or No game Compromising till today as L has MB ram My critical concerns for choosing the Decide 650 between 640 vs Lumia Cant XL Lumia phone would be Battery life I wish i would never run out of the juice doing all above everyday like a superhero as XL has whooping mAh vs 's Future update compatibility XL has newer chip compared to 's SD lacks compass will it affect my Adidas miCoach runs and everyday Navigation Size is not an issue But would consider over XL if it has no issues mentioned above I am looking for pure performance Please help Also Users of L please share your view on above from your experience

A:Cant Decide between Lumia 650 vs Lumia 640 XL

I have the non xl Lumia 640 and the battery is a beast. If you can do without Zeiss optics I'd give you this 3rd option. Also to my knowledge the 650 cannot capture 1080p video cause of the snapdragon 2** series but I think that the performance deference of the 650 and 640(xl) is not noticeable. Edit: The 650 has an oled screen while the 640xl has ips, judging from my phone if you want a screen visible under the sun the 640 is a no go.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-windows-phone-discussion-lounge/434529-cant-decide-between-lumia-650-vs-lumia-640-xl.html
Relevancy 27.95%

How to check the call duration of any voice call make by me on my lumia 950 xl?
Or is there monitoring app available that keeps my all call duration?
Plz help me.

A:how to check call duration of any call in lumia 950xl?

Hold on the call entry in Phone > History and a popup menu opens. Tap "details."

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434602-how-check-call-duration-any-call-lumia-950xl.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I have read many reviews and people said that even with a small battery, the phone lasts more than a day easily. I received my new Lumia today and charged it to 65% at 3PM and by 10 PM today, it dropped to 5%. There was no heavy usage, texting and calling and data was on but still only one app was used. I am getting jittery and don't really want to return my new phone. Help please

A:My new Lumia 535 Dual Sim has been gulping down my battery

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question There was no heavy usage, texting and calling and data was on but still only one app was used. I am getting jittery and don't really want to return my new phone. Help please Your phone is likely updating a LOT of Apps from the store...
Give it about 3 days to "settle in."

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434604-my-new-lumia-535-dual-sim-has-been-gulping-down-my-battery.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I cant find the way to set customized ringtone to my lumia 950 xl?
Please help me to do so.

A:how to set favourite song as a ring tone on lumia 950 xl

Settings, Personalization-sounds, and choose your ringtone at the top. I believe you have to have a default tone in notifications for being able to use custom time for different things. Settings, System-notifications, find the phone notification and change it to default.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434603-how-set-favourite-song-ring-tone-lumia-950-xl.html
Relevancy 31.39%

With windows 8, a microphone icon appeared in the text message box and I could dictate my message. The microphone icon is gone now.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434613-does-windows-10-lumia-735-have-voice-recognition-text-messaging.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Window App store is open when connected to mobile network but cant open when connected to wifi. I restore my phone to factory setting many times but it doesnt work same problem again. I have lumia 535

A:Window App store is not working in lumia 535

have you tried a different wifi? The wifi might be the issue

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434636-window-app-store-not-working-lumia-535-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm trying to install imo chat and video in my nokia lumia 920 but I couldn't. I need help please

A:How do I install IMO in my Nokia Lumia 920?

If you can not find it in the STORE it's not available for Windows Phones.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/332890-how-do-i-install-imo-my-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

My lumia 635 doesn't have a phone icon to make calls from Facebook messenger,is there a way ?

A:Can't make a call from messenger on my lumia 635

No. The only way is to wait and hope for the best. (or get a different phone)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434675-cant-make-call-messenger-my-lumia-635-a.html
Relevancy 33.11%

One of my friend is thinking of buying lumia 550 4G,so anyone using this phone plz tell me how it is working?Also plz tell its pros and cons!!

A:How is Lumia 550?

device comes second, first let him know what are the cons and pros of joining windows phone family. i am sure he will definitely thank you after learnign about the app gap etc etc, ;D

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-550/434692-how-lumia-550-a.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Trying to connect to the internet and get the error code 80020006

Relevancy 32.25%

acording to my budget i only can go for one of these..thanks

A:Which phone should I get between those iphone 5c, lumia 640 and asus 2e

Moved to "Phone Wars"
The 640 is probably the best deal among the three.
I wouldn't recommend the AT&T ASUS 2e at all it's a very weak phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/phone-wars/434702-wich-phone-should-i-get-between-those-iphone-5c-lumia-640-asus-2e.html
Relevancy 32.25%

acording to my budget i only can go for one of these..thanks

A:Which phone should I get between those iphone 5c, lumia 640 and asus 2e

Moved to "Phone Wars"
The 640 is probably the best deal among the three.
I wouldn't recommend the AT&T ASUS 2e at all it's a very weak phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/phone-wars/434702-phone-should-i-get-between-those-iphone-5c-lumia-640-asus-2e.html
Relevancy 32.25%

hi im reset my phone setting its delete all file is there any way to recover my photo plz help i need thats photo i don had a online or ofline back up
plz help me

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434743-how-i-can-recover-photo-rom-nokia-lumia-920-a.html