Windows Support Forum

Lenovo Yoga 900 - Ethernet speed same as wifi

Q: Lenovo Yoga 900 - Ethernet speed same as wifi

I bought a third-party USB-C to ethernet adapter to test my internet speed and found that it is not much faster than if I use the wifi. I always thought that LAN speed is faster than Wifi? Or is there something wrong with my cheap (US$20) USB-C to ethernet adapter? Hope to gain some insights at this forum for this first-time Lenovo user.Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-Ethernet-speed-same-as-wifi/td-p/3399319
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo Yoga 900 - Ethernet speed same as wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello Community, I have a new Yoga 260 with Win7 Enterprise x64.The issue I am having is the ethernet is not being recognized while the Onelink+ dock is plugged in. I have tried another dock and same results. I also have a separate ethernet adapter which I can use but plugs into the same port as the dock. When the ethernet adapter is plugged in I am able to use ethernet. So, the problem only exists when plugged into the dock. I looked through the BIOS but didn't see too much in the way of USB configuration changes. Also, in device manager the Onelink+ dock has a yeild sign and says cannot find the driver. I have tried to install the driver from OEM and it says the driver is already up to date. If anyone needs more info please let me know. Any help would earn you 1000 internets?

device manageer plus driver install.PNG ?110 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-260-and-OneLink-dock-ethernet-not-working/td-p/3375956
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello Community, I have a new Yoga 260 with Win7 Enterprise x64.The issue I am having is the ethernet is not being recognized while the Onelink+ dock is plugged in. I have tried another dock and same results. I also have a separate ethernet adapter which I can use but plugs into the same port as the dock. When the ethernet adapter is plugged in I am able to use ethernet. So, the problem only exists when plugged into the dock. I looked through the BIOS but didn't see too much in the way of USB configuration changes. Also, in device manager the Onelink+ dock has a yeild sign and says cannot find the driver. I have tried to install the driver from OEM and it says the driver is already up to date. If anyone needs more info please let me know. Any help would earn you 1000 internets?

device manageer plus driver install.PNG ?110 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Yoga-260-and-OneLink-dock-ethernet-not-working/td-p/3375956
Relevancy 76.11%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 76.11%

I just bought a new Lenovo YOGA 500 Intel® HD Core? i5 Processor, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb Storage, 15.6 inch Full HD Touchscreen 2-in-1 Laptop. I'm yet to take it out of the packaging (thank heavens) before I noticed on the website I bought it from under Features of the Laptop it states:  Wifi Enabled: NDoes this mean there's no WiFi capabilities on the laptop? Secondly, after perusing this forum, I've discovered the laptop seems to have a WiFi issue, the question thus is would any of you with the same laptop advise I keep it? Thanks 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-YOGA-500-WiFi-Issue/td-p/3332973
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, I posted here awhile ago and no one has been able to help with the issue. I have a problem with my Yoga 700 where I have to constaltly disconnect/reconnect to my wifi network--typically when I am using multiple tabs or browsing while streaming. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling my WIFI driver and have had no success. How can I fix this?! thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-WIFI-Issue/td-p/3329421
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey yall, so I just downloaded Windows 8.1 and suddenly I cannot connect to my university's wifi anymore. It isnt an internet problem per say, because i can still connect with an ethernet cable, but it just is not picking up any wifi! And i dont think the wifi is the issue because I can still get it on my phone. PLEASE HELP I HAVE FINALS coming up and need to be able to Use Wifi!!!! Thanks in advance!!!

A:Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Wifi Problem

Hi Rower,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Open Device Manager and uninstall the WLAN 802.11 driver "Place a check on the Delete driver software for this device ". The hit on scan for Hardware Changes.
Delete the driver again until it does not show you a check box for deleting driver software then Restart the computer.

Now install this
Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 8.1
Then try reconnecting again. 

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-Problem/td-p/3308996
Relevancy 75.25%

Recently there was a Wifi Driver issue, which got resolved when the service guy came and replaced it, 6-8 weeks ago. After that my Wifi works fine but has a bit of a performance issue - It takes some time to identify Wifi Networks. If I switch on my bluetooth, the wifi performance degrades more, i.e. more time to identify network and the speeds of download/upload deteriorates a lot (A video in Youtube 720p quality is brought down to 144p).In addition it seems to take a lot of time for my bluetooth to identify a device. Does the Wifi and Bluetooth share the antennas? If so does this mean the antenna have a problem now?Is there a way to troubleshoot this? maybe by checking speed on Wifi and bluetooth.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-Yoga-460-Bluetooth-and-Wifi-low-preformance/td-p/3383340
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi My laptop is just 3 months old, has been working fine up till  now. All of a sudden it won't connect to wifi, or it will for a second then go off again. Yesterday all options for wifi went completely missing, in the toolbar on the bottom right hand side, the icon for wifi had dissappearEd and when I went into settings,wifi settings had gone from there too. The icons are back now and I could connect to my wifi, but it says there is no Internet connection. There is Internet through the wifi though because I'm using my phone on the wifi!! I tried to disconnect from the wifi and economy again but it has been trying to connect to the wifi for the last 10 mins! Help!!!! Thankso Jamie 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo yoga 500 14isk not connecting to wifi

Hi Jamie,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Please update the WLAN Drivers & reboot the system. 

Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) 
WLAN Driver (Liteon, Realtek, Broadcom) for Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-500-14isk-not-connecting-to-wifi/td-p/3296875
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Lenovo Yoga pro running Window build This is a fresh install less than one week nbsp old I conducted a fresh install in an effort to solve a problem I have been having for over amonth now With the WiFi network adapter nbsp enabled I am unable to move the laptop nor move the screen as this causes the entire system to freeze requiring a full reboot Disabling the card through device manager allows me to move the laptop as normal This happens irrespective of what applications are open at the time The only error message that shows in the event nbsp logs is the following nbsp The system watchdog timer was triggered nbsp nbsp - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-HAL Guid D E - CC- - -AF D A EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer ZOOEY-III - Security UserID S- - - EventData The WIFI nbsp network adapter nbsp is a Broadcom ac The currently installed drivers are bcmihvsrv dll v bcmihvui dll v bcmwl a sys v vxifibus sys v th release - nbsp The data provider for the first three ena... Wifi Lenovo Yoga adapter Freezes is when the 3 nbsp files nbsp is nbsp Broadcom The last one is Lenovo Yoga 3 Freezes when the Wifi adapter is ena... supplied by Microsoft These are the latest released editions available nbsp All other drivers are reported a up to date nbsp It is imperative that this issue is resolved as this is my primary development device If you need any more information please let me know

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-3-Freezes-when-the-Wifi-adapter-is-enabled/td-p/3319772
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I experience differences in the scrolling speed across software programs e.g. windows pathfinder as compared to Spotify or Stata in Windows 10. In fact, it goes anoyingly fast when working with .do-files in Stata or when I scroll my songs in Spotify. I have to use the arrow keys or PgUp/PgDn which requires a click on the right window to be activated. So, could you please help to solve this issue? Indeed, I find that changing the two-finger scrolling on the touchpad trough Elan Smart-Pad works in google chrome but just not very well in say Spotify, hence this new thread. BestJohan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-touchpad-scroll-speed-varies-across-software/td-p/3384805
Relevancy 74.39%

HiI want change my wifi card. From manufacturer i have installed Inetl AC 3160. But i want change on AC 7260 or AC 7265 or AC 8260. My question is. Is this notebook has implement whitelist ? I know that Lenovo use whitelist in your computer.I dont know that this card which i want use will be working...?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-300-11IBR-change-wifi-card/td-p/3467372
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello, i noticed that when i'm turned on laptop to tablet mode (physically) wifi stops working or wifi signal becoming very low.  I'm using Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14. Maybe you have a solution for this problem?

A:Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14, wifi problem on tablet mo...

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of your Thinkpad Yoga 14?
Are you using Windows 10?

I may suggest you first to try to update the Wifi drivers and maybe some other of the system driver of you Yoga.
Here are my general tips:

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches
2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.
3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"
4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

After that we can try a little bit more. For example I also like to test it on some other Wifi networks just to be sure it is not a compatibility issue with the Wifi Router.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Lenovo-thinkpad-yoga-14-wifi-problem-on-tablet-mode/td-p/3426981
Relevancy 72.67%

So i was working (not Z50-70 Ethernet Wifi Lenovo not detected). given a laptop to repair a Lenovo Z - to be precise So the guy said his Wifi and Ethernet weren't working Error Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 in device manager seems to suggest they arent connected which i don't understand considering its a laptop later it quot died quot temporarily as in wouldn't boot or anything It's decided to work again I did a OS rollback to see if perhaps it was OS side The problem is still occurring I can use a phone to tether so i don't believe it's software related I'm yet to Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 pull it apart to see if anythings been spilt for example When i do attempt to reinstall drivers it states the devices cant be found the devices were actually hidden in device manager any ideas as to what could be the issue before i say mobo it seems the bios thinks it's days ago too if that's relevant Specs i - U gb DDR Nvidia m TB HDD As far as im aware it Ethernet Wifi not working (not detected). Lenovo Z50-70 is stock from the shop It's just out of it's month warranty as per usual So I did a bios update and reset to defaults no change I'm doing the OS reset I'll check if it's there If not I'm gunna try upgrading to Windows to see if that fixes the issue I tried disabling the wifi card in the bios thinking maybe disable reenable might do it possibly No change Honestly this has me stumped haha Like the driver installations can't find the hardware I can tether with a phone But the lan and wifi don't work So strange i upgraded to windows also and the problem still persists Cheers guys

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57667-ethernet-wifi-not-working-not-detected-lenovo-z50-70-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi, I've just purchase a Lenovo Y700. I'd prefer to connect via ethernet to the business centre lan than via wifi. Unfortunately, when I switch the Y700 on, the ethernet connection lights flash for a few seconds, then a small red light below and to the left of the ethernet connector starts flashing and I seem to get forced over to wifi. If I go into network settings and disable the wifi, I still can't get the system to recognise the ethernet cable's plugged in. I've tested the cable and the lan socket on another PC. Both work. What do I need to do to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-Y700-Ethernet-connection-overriden-by-wifi/td-p/3347690
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys This issue is most puzzling to me Since yesterday the internet began to act unsoundly through WiFi As in I never had this problem before There were periods where it was fast enough to play some online games watch Youtube no problem and then it would shut off randomly So since yesterday I have been restarting the modem with only very short term resolutions to the issue I accessed the modem through my web browser and it says the connection is always working fine Despite that I called my ISP and they claimed there was an issue and forwarded it to Deutsche Telekom Since then I did some experimenting and plugged my computer into the modem with the ethernet cable Boom No problem whatsoever It's been top speed and reliable So I'm assuming this is an issue with Windows hopefully you guys can help me out If it helps I downloaded and installed updates for Windows today There are optional ones that I did not download yet but I did is Wifi unstable, top is ethernet speed? cable yet download and install the important ones Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed? no problem I checked the network adapters and they all state quot The best driver for your software is already installed quot Thanks in advance

A:Wifi is unstable, yet ethernet cable is top speed?

You may want to go to the website of the laptop's manufacturer and download the latest driver, and install it. Using the OEM driver, sometimes eliminates the problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39958-wifi-unstable-yet-ethernet-cable-top-speed.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have wi fi in my home that is running fine My phone etc is getting about mbps for downloading and for uploading which is normal for me My desktop however had a virus issue and I had to take it to be way wifi suddenly is slower than Speed Ethernet repaired It is repaired and I brought it home and hooked it up EXACTLY as it was before I took it to be repaired It is hardwired directly to modem but it is only getting about mbps downloading and uploading I called my internet provider and they tried to help but said everything looks good on their end and that it was a computer issue The shop that repaired it is closed today and I am in Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi the middle of a deadline and I NEED this fixed it is Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi an ACER computer so I called their Ethernet Speed is suddenly way slower than wifi helpline but because it is out of warranty they wanted me to pay for them to tell me how to fix it He suggested it was a setting on the computer that needed changed but I have been looking for HOURS and can not find the solution PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

problem as above - every couple of weeks or so my internet slows to a snails pace, it usually lasts for 3 or 4 days then its back on full speed again, really cant figure this one out!

Ive released ip and flushed dns!

my ping is always around 10ms and my upload is always around 4mb which are both quite stable, but its my download speed what bothers me 0.1mbs at its slowest and 60mbs when its running good

what should I do next?

A:recurring loss of internet wifi and ethernet speed

Just tried safemode with networking - still crap!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342171-recurring-loss-internet-wifi-ethernet-speed.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I just purchased the Lenovo Flex - yesterday nbsp So far so good in my initial observation of this in laptop Except for the wifi We have the AT amp T gigapower speed with the Pace router with amp ghz wifi dual modes nbsp I checked with AT amp T and they advised that different devices can have different speeds if the hardware or drivers are old or not up-to-date nbsp AT amp T has stated that everyone won't get ghz speeds disclaimer says up to ghz nbsp So I have another Lenovo w laptop that I use for work and it is getting mbps download speeds for the ghz wireless and mbps download when connected with the ethernet cable to the router I connected the Flex directly to the router with the ethernet cable and tested at speedtest net and received mbps download speed I went to speedtest net and ran a test on the wireless and the best I could get is mpbs download speed nbsp I and 3-1480 speed connectivity wifi pro... Flex Lenovo noticed that the flex would only connect to ghz nbsp When I tried to connect with ghz I received and error that it would not connect nbsp So I searched on the Lenovo website for updated wifi drivers and found newer drivers nbsp My current driver was for Intel AC- dual band wireless adapter version date nbsp I dowloaded and installed version date rebooted and saw some improvement I was finally able to connect to ghz Lenovo Flex 3-1480 wifi connectivity and speed pro... mode and the latest speed test was mbps download speed nbsp nbsp So I started checking the wireless advanced settings under Control Panel- gt Network and Internet- gt Network and Sharing Center- gt click on Wifi lt name gt Then click on Properties- gt Configure- gt Advanced- gt Throughput Booster nbsp Mine was Disabled and I changed it to Enabled and saved the settings I ran the speedtest again and much better improvement mbps download mbps upload speeds nbsp So I will continue to research and tweak these settings until I can improve the speed as much as possible nbsp Lenovo should optimize these wifi adapter settings before shipping these laptops and continue improving the wifi software from Intel nbsp If I was not in Lenovo Flex 3-1480 wifi connectivity and speed pro... the IT biz and computer savy I Lenovo Flex 3-1480 wifi connectivity and speed pro... probably would not have figured this out as a novice user and would have returned this laptop I would advise to check your device drivers on the Lenovo support site and ensure you have the latest drivers and bios updates for your laptop I hope this helps others fix their wifi issues

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Flex-3-1480-wifi-connectivity-and-speed-problems/td-p/3450500
Relevancy 69.66%

Debating on going wireless or not Have an Asus M A TD EVO that has RTL E PCIe Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET So Gigabit Im thinking at least I am wire into my router which puts out high speed and low ping to wireless Standard Ethernet cables supply the data pipeline not sure what the transfer speed is on them If anyone can let me know cable ethernet card wifi speed questions question with and Network that would be great I have been eyeballing the super speed ethernet cables but not sure if it would solve the ping issues I have with desktop being too high and the cost for a ' line Tried finding a wireless card that handles N network and Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question Ghz for my dual band What is the standard ethernet cable speed Can the standard ethernet cable from router to computer be causing high ping have second computer with ' cable same issue Would it be better to go wireless and forego the wired ethernet cable What wireless card would you recommend

A:Network speed and ethernet cable questions with wifi card question

UGH

1- what kind of cable? cat 5, cat5 E, cat 6?

2-Yes if cheap, old, or not shielded.

3-Not if you are transfering large amounts of data on your internal LAN

4-An 802.11 "N" card

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/218711-network-speed-ethernet-cable-questions-wifi-card-question.html
Relevancy 69.66%

i have Lenovo thinkpad e531 x64 win 8

I just got new speed internet and when I connect my computer using ethernet it's signifiantly slower than wireless on the same laptop.

On my other laptop the wired produces very fast results (faster than wifi) so the problem is my laptopr's ethernet connection.

what can i do?

My ISP provider came with his working laptop, pluging in my ethernet cable in his laptop and the internet speed it was 300mb/s.
and on my laptop is 17 mb/s....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383335-wired-internet-speed-much-slower-then-wifi-lenovo-thinkpad.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys, I'm a PreMed student who's life revolves around his laptop. I'm always on social media, watching some show, listening to music, doing an essay, taking notes, updating some website, or emailing some person on campus. Of course, my old laptop broke. It was a Dell Inspiron. Now, I have a campus job and have been saving money(so money is not factor necessarily). After researching my options, I've narrowed my choices down to the three previously listed laptops. I just want to know which do you guys suggest and why?

A:Surface Book vs Lenovo Yoga 900 vs ThinkPad X1 Yoga

By looking at your requirement, you prefer on-the-go PC that lets you do all that on a decent budget, SP4 is better than SB(if you want lightweight device and decent battery life), Lenovo's are pretty good too. X1 w/o OLED seems to be a better buy in terms of ultraportability and battery life. You could wait for others to chime in.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/412029-surface-book-vs-lenovo-yoga-900-vs-thinkpad-x1-yoga.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello, My Lenovo yoga 3 pro 1370 is barly 5 months old, this morning when i tried to switch it on. it is stuck at the lennovo screen.I treid accssing the BIOS screen but even if the press the button it still wont go past the lenovo logo screen.Please help  Thank you,Shyam Jampala

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-08 at 18.08.07.jpg ?80 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-1370-wont-boot-past-Lenovo-logo-screen/td-p/3476216
Relevancy 61.92%

My son accidentally got his leg caught in the cord of his laptop when he got up and the laptop  fell approximately 2 feet to the tile floor.  It boots up but stays on the Lenovo splash screen.  If I go into the BIOS and select System Recovery it goes through the "Loading files..." process, the Lenovo splash screen appears with the dots going in a circle but, then after about 2 minutes of that the screen just goes black.  If I tilt the screen forward or back I can tell it is still backlit just with nothing to display.  Anything we can try?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-doesn-t-get-past-Lenovo-splash-screen/td-p/3443745
Relevancy 61.92%

New Yoga 700-141SK: Ran the Lenovo Support Center Hardware Scan and the Video Card Mathematical Operations Test has failed rendering the Report: WVC007002-UL7BPL. Is there a tried and proven solution out there? I have had a look at the solutions on the forum and am not satisfied that the solutions offered prove that the problem has been resolved. It is reasonable to expect Lenovo to make available a solution as a matter of course instead of end-users of "afflicted" Lenovo devices having to request/search for a solution(s).

Lenovo Support Center Hardware Scan - Video Card Mathematical Operations Test Result Code; WHD00V000-UL7BPL.JPG ?98 KB

A:Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 700-141SK Lenovo Support Cente...

Hi there, Wistert -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

A service tip has been released concerning the WVC007002 Mathematical Operations Test error message.  This is a false negative and can be ignored; it does not affect the system's functionality or performance.

Link to Service Tip;
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT105222

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Ideapad-Yoga-700-141SK-Lenovo-Support-Center-Hardware/td-p/3373920
Relevancy 58.48%

I have rcently bought a - nbsp yoga- - isk GB Ram and Ghz processor Running windows Pro Edition nbsp Bit operating system nbsp The CPU speed is stuck between and Ghz - the unit is so slow it is unuseable nbsp The BIOS is up to date according to the lasest BIOS I updated 900: speed Speed clock stuck at CPU Yoga low at Lenovo - c cn ww exe and I have turned off all the power management I have run a hardware scan and all that is good too The unit is not running hot or overheating nbsp There seems to be lots of comments on the forums and net in general about people having this same issue with the Lenovo Yogas - what else can I try before this brand new laptop gets sent back for a refund nbsp Any ideas would be appreciated Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed I'm a develop working in Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed nbsp large microsoft environment running visual studio Enterprise and SQL server and am the person Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed in this office having the problem nbsp Lots of other developers running Lenovo Thinkpads without an issue - it is just this brand new Yoga that is having the problems nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-CPU-Speed-stuck-at-low-clock-speed/td-p/3438634
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 55.47%

I love 900? Lenovo Yoga or 710 Yoga the Lenovo Yoga series notebook nbsp and is considering getting either Yoga or Yoga Lenovo Yoga 710 or Yoga 900? nbsp My question is What is the new features or updates on Yoga from the previous Yoga From the specifications and price stated below which one is more worthy and which is better in terms of what nbsp Pros and Cons would be nice I have Lenovo Yoga 710 or Yoga 900? seen some extreme reviews on both Yoga and Yoga regarding user's problem nbsp Is there anything else I should know about these two models before consider buying it I am especially concern about the graphic quality nbsp In terms of specifications Yoga should be better from its QHD feature However I have seen reviews saying the Yoga graphic is better than Yoga What's the verdict on this If I buy the model from Lenovo will I be able to customize the specifications by myself- upgrades nbsp Thank you in advance for your replies nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lenovo YOGA Convertible Laptop Intel Core i GB RAM GB SSD Full HD BlackPrice nbsp nbsp Battery lifeUp to hours nbsp Bluetooth Enabled nbsp Yes Lenovo Yoga 710 or Yoga 900? - Brand Lenovo nbsp Camera front-facing nbsp p webcam nbsp DimensionsH x W x D cm nbsp Graphics card nbsp Intel HD Graphics nbsp Graphics card typeShared nbsp Hard drive GB NGFF nbsp Hard DriveModel SSD or Flash Storage nbsp KeyboardBacklit Accutype keyboard nbsp Manufacturer Part Number MPN nbsp Memory RAM nbsp GB Memory Card Slots -in- Card Reader SD SDHC SDXC MMC nbsp Model name number TY UK nbsp NFC enabledNo nbsp Operating systemWindows bit nbsp Ports x USB x always-on Micro HDMI DisplayPort combo with HDMI Audio Combo Jack nbsp Processor nbsp Dual-Core Intel Core i - U nbsp Processor speed nbsp GHz to GHz with Turbo Boost nbsp Screen finishGloss nbsp Screen Resolution x pixels nbsp Screen size Screen Type Full HD In-Plane Switching Multi-Touch nbsp SoundJBL speakers with Dolby Audio nbsp Touch ScreenYes nbsp Voice RecognitionMicrosoft Cortana Voice Assistant nbsp Weight kg nbsp nbsp Wireless DisplayIntel WiDi nbsp Wireless networkingWi-Fi- a c nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ nbsp nbsp YOGA -in- - Champagne GoldPart nbsp No MK XUKPrice nbsp Weight lbs kgs Operating system Windows Home Pointing device ClickPadHeight in mm Battery Cell Li-PolymerSystem Graphics Intel HD Graphics Warranty Details Depot or Carry-inProcessor Intel Core i - U Processor GHz MHz MB RAM SolderedWidth in mm Depth in mm Total memory GB LPDDR - LPDDR MHzPorts USB Type C Combo of Stereo Headphone Output USB side -in- Media Card Reader SD MMC SDHC SDXC USB DC inBluetooth Bluetooth Version Network card Intel Wireless-AC Warranty One yearOperating system EN EnglishHard drive device GB SSD SATA III

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-or-Yoga-900/td-p/3398995
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 54.61%

I would like to use a monitor with a VGA port with my Yoga Pro 2.  Is there an adapater I can buy that would connect the VGA cable to the thin micro HDMI port on my Yoga Pro 2?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-VGA-and-Ethernet-Adapters/td-p/3451228
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys I need to buy a new laptop for college stuff and I am debating which to get I only offered those because other than them there is only yoga 900 vs Lenovo 710 asus which offers basically the same laptop without the touch for the same price Here is a summery for the specs of the models I am looking at Yoga QHD display either the newer model with PCIE SSD intel GPU with GB of ram upgradable to and an I UOr the older model with intel hd normal ssd I U and GB Lenovo yoga 900 vs 710 soldered Yoga FHD display I I and ssd with the new MX and GB of ddr ram I am still not sure which model I will pick as I can afford any considering it is cheaper than the yoga I like that the Yoga has a bigger display though I am not sure how noticeable it will be considering it's inches also it has a much lower resolution I don't plan on gaming or doing any heavy work on it other than surfing watching movies and studying so I am not sure where the MX and drr will come into play The yoga brings ddr and intel graphics but a better screen a PCIE SSD and an updated I My main debates are having a PCIE SSD and whether I should go for a higher res screen or a screen with a little bit more juice also the has more usb ports and a usb C which is a nice plus I would love to hear your opinions thanks BTW the price difference for me is about when considering the I variants

A:Lenovo yoga 900 vs 710

GallCohen wrote:
Yoga 900:QHD+ 13.3 " display, either the newer model with 256 PCIE SSD, 540 intel GPU with 8GB of ram, upgradable to 16, and an I5 6260UOr the older model with 520 intel hd, normal 256 ssd, I7 6500U and 8GB soldered.

Hi,

I'm only able to find Yoga 900 models with soldered RAM.  Do you have a link?

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-900-vs-710/td-p/3343156
Relevancy 54.18%

I have purchased a new yoga 13, and i have had for about a month and since start the laptop gets really hot to put on your lap... what is the problem? PLZZZ Help!!

A:THE LENOVO YOGA 13 is getting really hot after a w...

Are you doing anything cpu intensive? Are you blocking the vent? There could be many explanations, so you need to give us a bit more information.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/THE-LENOVO-YOGA-13-is-getting-really-hot-after-a-while/td-p/1015929
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I have a problem with my Lenovo YOGA 500. The Touch Screen doesn't work.I have tried all the solutions mentioned on the other post off this problem, but they don't work for me.I don't have the option of the touch screen in the HID interface on the device manager, so i cannot enable it.I've already downloaded all the drives of lenovos site for windows 10 (my OS). It just doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me to get this problem fixed? Is there any specific driver for HID Touch Screen that i can download?Is there any other way to fix this problem? Thanks for all the help you can give me. Regards Carlos

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500/td-p/3432142
Relevancy 54.18%

Having problems with my Yoga 2 pro. When asked to automatically find my laptop the message says "cannot identify". So I manually put in the mod and serial number then click on support and this message comes up "Error Code : 4fbfcb2595d54b9d3c9b368d0d93af5f"I am trying to put my computer back to factory standards and work from there but I am unable to figure out how to do it. Got to a place where it says if having trouble upgrading to win 10 click here. Upgrades are available but when I click on an upgrade it says my laptop is not qualified to be upgraded. One other thing, is my laptop capable of having a graphics card installed? If so which card would someone recommend.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-2-pro/td-p/3359010
Relevancy 54.18%

hallo, ich würde gerne wissen wie man zusätzlich zum win 8 64 ein win 7 32 installiert? ich habe im bios alles auf legacy umgestellt, vom usb stick gebootet, einen usb treiber geladen und dann konnte ich auf keiner partition win 7 installieren, weil ein gpt modus blockt. muß ich jetzt alle 7 originalen partitionen löschen und alle windows versionen neu instalieren oder geht das auch anders? win 7 32 brauche ich beruflich. danke 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-3-pro/td-p/3333526
Relevancy 54.18%

Bought my son a Lenovo yoga 3 on 15/7/2015 from PC World £800, by 5/8/2015 it stopped working. Took it back on 5/8/2015 and PC World exchanged it no problem. After one year and three week the replacement has stopped working. Sent it back to Lenova who are now demanding £250 to repair it saying it needs a new main board and power supply - what after just a year old - clearly not fit for purpose - they accept it has not been damaged through misuse. I am waiting for a manager call back but I am absolutely appalled at the stance being taken by lenova and unless we get it repaired free of charge I will be taking the matter further. Any one else experienced such problems ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-3/td-p/3440011
Relevancy 54.18%

Help...I have a Lenova Yoga 3 tablet, and none of my USB ports are working.  Tried Google, and various sites with various troubleshooting steps, all unsuccessful.  Updated the BIOS, and tried system restore.  Nothing works.  Anyone else have this issue or have a solution??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-3-HELP/td-p/3358568
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,I'm interested to buy Lenovo YOGA 510 display 14", when is it available in Italy and what is the price. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-YOGA-510-14-quot/td-p/3386388
Relevancy 54.18%

I bought Lenovo Yoga about a month ago from a CompUSA store for my personal use following my early retirement Before Lenovo I had Dell which 700 Yoga Lenovo the company provided and upgraded every years nbsp I nbsp never had any issue with Dell nada As I start using nbsp my new nbsp Lenovo laptop I started having problem and nbsp nightmares nbsp Minutes from nbsp booting up and starting my laptop the screen would go crazy as if some external nbsp force take nbsp control over my computer I could not Lenovo Yoga 700 do anything literally nothng to stop it other than turning it off I took back the laptop to CompUSA to return it for refund but they refused becasue I did not buy insurance They reffered me to their Geek to nbsp check it for me nbsp It took the Geek four days and nbsp to say that a virus found home in my laptop but don't worry nbsp we fixed it for you Well believe Lenovo Yoga 700 it or not I took it home turned it on and guess what boom same thing same genie that nbsp I encountered before came back to hunt me again Ofcourse I took nbsp back the laptop to the Geek nbsp and ask for refund becasue they have not fixed the problem Well guess what they refused but I guess they felt sorry for me and told me that nbsp they beleive it is the touch screen that causing nbsp this problem and they turned it off and nbsp yes it was becasue nbsp the probelm was solved nbsp nbsp nbsp So if the IBM gurus know that there is a problem with Lenovo's touch screen why don't they recall all the laptops and fix the problem once and for all Let me tell you somthing else I really beleive that there are other probelms with this laptop beside the touch screen First and formost is the Internent connection I loose connection all the time Also have anyone an issue with black screen Have you heard of this probelm before The screen turns black and the only way to bring life back to the screen is to turn the laptop off Beleive or not nbsp Dont' you love this laptop

A:Lenovo Yoga 700

Hi moonshine1, welcome to the forums.

Can you please share the full model number of your Thinkpad Yoga ?

What I recommend is to update the drivers of the machine, specially if you upgraded to Windows 10. That can solve some issues with power and video. There is the System Update utility that can help, but it is also look manually for updated drivers on the support site, because sometimes the utility misses the newer ones.

About the touch screen, there had been some reports of "ghost touches" on the Yoga-3 with LG touchscreen. There is a firmware update for it. But if you have a non LG touch screen and you are having that ghost touches the best way to deal with it will be to open a ticket with Lenovo. If you bought it a month ago it should still be on warranty.

CompUSA is still open somewhere? I didn't know that. I thought it was bought by TigerDirect.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700/td-p/3302750
Relevancy 54.18%

i am having trouble with my wifi and bluetooth not working, it is (off) and is greyed out in the metro interface, so i can not turn it back on, i checked networking centre and it is enabled, i have tried to reformat the computer using lenovo "one key" and the problem is still there, i tried updating the driver but no joy, and i can find one by searching, please help i dont want to have to send this back as faulty to "john lewis" also the trouble shooter says the HW switch is not anabled, i have tried the airplane button, but it does not make any diference, there are no other buttons or switches to turn on bluetooth or wifi so i'm stumped. please help.....

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:wifi greyed out "wifi (off) in windows 8 on lenovo...

Uninstall Lenovo Energy Managment 8 and install Version 7 Here is the link : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cagt25ww.exeAfter you install version 7, press Fn+F5 to access wireless setting, and turn your WiFi and Bluetooth onIt solved the problem for me.P.S: I've checked out the keyboard of U410 on net, you don't need to press Fn key. Just press the f7 key [this key must be having a ((laptop)) symbol]. Also you will get a compability issue warning. Just ignore it and run the software.Cheers . Hope it helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/wifi-greyed-out-quot-wifi-off-in-windows-8-on-lenovo-u410-i5-1tb/td-p/950637
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently bought a Lenovo yoga 300 and so far I love it , I normally use it for studying and reading but today after being charged it started playing up first nothing came up at all then I pressed the power button and turned it off then on again and it doesn't go past the main Lenovo screen , I turned it off again and this time I was able to write in my password but would not go past that just came up a black screen, I waited a while to see if anything would happen but nothing did , the caps lock and power button lights come on but I have no idea what is going on can someone please help me out ??? Thankyou 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/My-Lenovo-yoga-300-is-playing-up/td-p/3389912
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all, I am looking for some help.  I just bought each of my kids a Lenovo Yoga 710 11 inch model.  We just got them turned on and connected to the Internet via our Wifi and they each downloaded Roblox.  When they go to play Roblox the games will not load or they take a good 5 minutes to load or the game will just leave the screen as it is trying to load?  Is this a common problem?  Is this not a good notebook for having a couple of games on?  I only wanted a notebook for them for schoolwork and gaming should I have went with something different?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-11-quot-very-slow/td-p/3389199
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently got the Yoga 13, and I love nearly everything about it. The only problem is that I like to hit the right side of the space bar, instead of the center. Though whenever I do that, it doesn't think I hit the spacebar, so I get something like this:This is whathappenswhenIhitthespacebar.Itis reallyannoying. Is there any way I can fix that? I can press it in the center and it's pefectly fine, but I normally hit the right side of the space bar, instead.Thanks

A:Lenovo Yoga 13 Space Bar?

I checked mine and mine doesn't have this issue. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-13-Space-Bar/td-p/949225
Relevancy 53.75%

Have some questions about this adapter: 1) what if i plug ac adapter in nearby usb-c port by accident? can it harm my notebook?2) can i use my lenovo ac adapter to charge my phone?3) can i use my phone adapter to charge my notebook?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-910-ac-adapter/td-p/3483276
Relevancy 53.75%

I was standing when my laptop fell out of the laptop case and landed on the corner. There's a small crack/hole along with a dent on that corner, and the inside parts are getting exposed to the surrounding. The screen isn't cracked and the laptop works just fine for now. I was wondering: 1) Will my laptop continue working normally?2) Should I get it repaired, or get a new laptop ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/I-dropped-my-lenovo-yoga-3/td-p/3329854
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi! I recently bought a lenovo Yoga 500 15isk. i have an extra samsung 850 evo SSD and i'm thinking of using it for my laptop. Not sure though if this model accomodates an SSD in addittion to my existing HDD. I can't seem to find information regarding additional HDD on the unit's manual.   Preferrably i do not want to open my laptop on my own, in order to avoid unwanted warranty voiding. Thanks You!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-15-isk-addition-SSD-to-go-along-with-existing/td-p/3392053
Relevancy 53.75%

I keep getting this at least once to twice a day After trying to run PERFMON REPORT several times in both local administrator and my account I keep receiving the following error An error occured while attempting to generate the report The operator or administrator has refused the request OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system Windows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail BSOD 13 Lenovo - Yoga version YOU purchased it from retailer Full retail version I purchased year Re-install OS CPU - Quad core i - U CPU ghz Video Card - Intel HD Graphics MotherBoard Power Supply - brand amp wattage if laptop skip this one Lenovo Yoga Laptop Event EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv A TCG Command has returned an error Desc AuthenticateSession Param x Param x C Param x Param x Status x BSOD Event Log - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event Lenovo Yoga 13 - BSOD quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-HAL quot Guid quot D E - CC- - -AF D A quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt Lenovo Yoga 13 - BSOD lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt

A:Lenovo Yoga 13 - BSOD

You have a Realtek RTL8723AU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win8/8.1 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest Win8/8.1 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

Lot's of Windows Updates failures in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report. If the problems continue, please post over in the http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/ for further expert assistance with this issue.

Both of the memory dumps point to networking issues, one to the wireless and one to a USB device - so it's most likely an issue with the wireless USB adapter. Please remove the adapter and it's software -then test the system to see if that stops the BSOD's. (connect to the internet with a wire, or with a wireless PCI/PCIe card that plugs into a slot on the motherboard).

Please uninstall the Magic Control program as it's driver dates from 2011 and it may not be compatible w/Win8.1

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
Lenovo HD Disk Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LhdX64.sys

mctkmdldr64.sys Fri Apr 8 04:35:33 2011 (4D9EC8D5)
Kernel Mode Driver for Magic Control Technology
mctkmdldr64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web. Removing some drivers may make the system unstable - so if you're unable to find updates, post back for info on the one's that can/cannot be safely removed.

The drivers that are struckout don't have updates available (AFAIK).
DO NOT delete them, just leave them be.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri Nov 14 00:10:34.312 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111314-7796-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17328.amd64fre.winblue_r3.140827-1500
System Uptime:0 days 10:17:16.119
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nwifi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbccgp.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :usbccgp.sys
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, ffffe000c62e6040, fffff8026147c980}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: ffffe000c62e6040, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff8026147c980, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7 and higher
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4_rtwlanu_IMAGE_usbccgp.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 1800
CurrentSpeed: 1796
BIOS Version 66CN55WW
BIOS Release Date 02/28/2013
Manuf... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57886-lenovo-yoga-13-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I was standing when my laptop fell out of the laptop case and landed on the corner. There's a small crack/hole along with a dent on that corner, and the inside parts are getting exposed to the surrounding. The screen isn't cracked and the laptop works just fine for now. I was wondering: 1) Will my laptop continue working normally?2) Should I get it repaired, or get a new laptop ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/I-dropped-my-lenovo-yoga-3/td-p/3329854
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi! I recently bought a lenovo Yoga 500 15isk. i have an extra samsung 850 evo SSD and i'm thinking of using it for my laptop. Not sure though if this model accomodates an SSD in addittion to my existing HDD. I can't seem to find information regarding additional HDD on the unit's manual.   Preferrably i do not want to open my laptop on my own, in order to avoid unwanted warranty voiding. Thanks You!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Yoga-500-15-isk-addition-SSD-to-go-along-with-existing/td-p/3392053
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,So its difficult for me to pin down the problem here but I know that its not my Wi-Fi as i've had this issue at college and at various homes, cafes. I'll be browsing the internet when suddenly my thinkpad will disconnnect from the internet. Note, usually it will say that it is connected to the router but it isn't getting any connection. I will use another device at the same time that experiences no issues. When using Skype I lose calls frequently. It's dissapointing considering I dropped 1 grand on this laptop only to use my 100 dollar smartphone in many situations. Thoughts?

A:Lenovo Yoga 700 Wi-Fi Issues

Hi jreder007 ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To start with I would suggest you try to check on the wifi adapter properties .

On Device manager , choose the wifi card and right click for Properties , Power management to uncheck on Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power .
Advance tab would also show Roaming tendency / aggressiveness that you can move to highest.
See if that would would , else you may proceed with uninstall and reinstallling your WIFI driver downloadable from the support site .
Update us how it works for you .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-Wi-Fi-Issues/td-p/2237356
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everybody , I have seen on the Internet that Lenovo Yoga 3 14 German version have the Graphics Card ( NVIDIA Gefore 940M ) , may other version upgrade the Graphics Card ? Thanks all .Here is the link : http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-3-14-GT-940M-Convertible-Review.147276.0.html

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Can-Lenovo-Yoga-3-14-upgrade-VGA/td-p/3314290
Relevancy 53.75%

Please clarify if the above model has a digitizer and supports a pen? If yes which model of Lenovo pens is compatible with this hybrid?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-15-6-quot-supports-pen/td-p/3388053
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, When I turn on my computer, the logo Lenovo appears then disappears continuously. I have ever tried to press on F11, F12 or on the Lenovo button but that doesn't work. It doesn't want to boot on another device as well. What can I do ?Thanks, 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-bootloop/td-p/3367558
Relevancy 53.75%

I downloaded the Lenovo Utility from the Yoga 910 drivers page, but it doesn't do anything after install. I've navigated to the Program Files/Lenovo/Lenovo Utility folder and clicked on LenovoUtility.exe but nothing happens. I was under the impression this app controlled the hotkeys. What am I missing? Also, is there an app that I can install that will keep the Lenovo drivers updated?

A:Lenovo Utility? Yoga 910

Surprised no one from Lenovo has replied to this yet.  Anyway, also noticed on the product support pages for Drivers & Software, when I click on the big System Update button to automatically scan my system for updates, I get an error message that says "Your system is not supported for System Update.". 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Utility-Yoga-910/td-p/3467731
Relevancy 53.75%

Just buyed yoga 500 ideapad 15 which pen can you suggest me to buy for photo retouching with photoshop ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/which-pen-for-lenovo-yoga-500-ideapad/td-p/3366032
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello, I just got a Yoga 900 and noticed when I put pressure under and above the base there is an audible lcikcing noise around the track pad. Is this  normal behavior? By this i mean my fingers pinch the base beside the track pad and give a clicking noise like the trackpad itself though nothign registers. Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-clickings/td-p/3365193
Relevancy 53.75%

I don't unederstand why there hasn't been one driver update in 2016. My brother own a thinkpad yoga 11, i was curious and looked at the driver update for the yoga 11  Just in 2016 there is 40 new software or drivers update.   Thinkpad yoga 11 software update Look like no on is listening to yoga 2 pro custumer feedback......  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-pro-has-Lenovo-forget-about-it/td-p/3351741
Relevancy 53.75%

I just bought my lenovo yoga 900, like a month ago, so i was very scared when i open the notebook and notice that the key "P" was in a funny position, so i clicked it and for my horror the key just pop out, an today something similar happened to the right shift key, so now i am very afraid of using my new laptop in tablet mode, and for all i know now, i can lose key by key!, lenovo cover this with the warranty?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-900-key-quot-P-quot-from-the-keyboard-just-pop-out/td-p/3351574
Relevancy 53.75%

i was just using my laptop in the car the other day and the screen went black. i tried pressing the power button and the button would lite up but nothing else would happen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-700-won-t-turn-on/td-p/3474030
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an ongoing problem with my Lenovo Yoga 700 14isk. When using Windows 10 edge it heats up and gives a high pitched noise. When using Adobe it gets worse!! for most of the time that the fan is spinning, it makes loud grinding noise as if the blade is off balnace hitting the housing of the fan. Laptop is only few months old. The Bios is 22 with no new update on Lenovo site.

A:Lenovo Yoga 700 Fan heating

Hi MoJo2016 , 

Would there also be some noise in the BIOS?
To access BIOS , shut down the pc and use the novo button to turn on (item 3 page 11).
If same noise is head then fans hardware integrity needs to be check and attended to .
Since you have BIOS ver 22 updated , call in tech support for the necessary service for your laptop.

English  9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday0333-777-3991 (National Rate)

Seems when additional load triggers fan activity as normal but if noise is apparent when this happens , there may be some cables touching it or simply mispositioned fan.

Update us how things go. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-Fan-heating/td-p/3321010
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, so i update the software of my lenovo but when it restarted the computer the touch pad was gone, i put my computer on tablet mode or presentation mode and the touch pad does not work anyway, any help or tip you can give me ? i already restarted the laptop twice so i would be really happy if you help me 

A:Lenovo yoga pro 3 touch pad

did you get your touch screen problem solved? I am now having the same issue!  I wish I could return this product! What a lemon!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-pro-3-touch-pad/td-p/2057585
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi My Lenovo Yoga 13 has stopped taking a charge. It happened about two days ago and has not charged since. I even took it to a local Best Buy and attempted to charge it with a different charger but no dice.I'm pretty sure I need to set up an RMA to send it in but I have been stuck on hold with Lenovo for 1 hour and 15 minutes now without any kind of response. I'm hoping someone on here can offer some assistance. It's difficult to post to this forum from my smartphone.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Ideapad-Yoga-13/td-p/3368934
Relevancy 53.75%

Greetings nbsp nbsp So I bought a Lenovo Yoga about two days ago and since the second day with hours of use Yoga Lenovo DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAIL... - 15.6" 710 BN it began having issues with the BN Lenovo Yoga 710 15.6" - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAIL... wireless connection which will randomly drops BN Lenovo Yoga 710 15.6" - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAIL... and won't let me re-enable giving me no more options than restarting it After I do so the same takes a very long time to restart or if the case was to shutdown it will also have the same pattern The last time it did it and I restarted the laptop a blue screen appeared saying nbsp Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you complete If you'd like to know more you can search online later for this error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE nbsp I updated the Network adapter driver but it still keeps randomly dropping the wireless connection Also everytime I shutdown or restart a blue screen appears for a few seconds without giving me a chance to read what it says Any help will be appreciated thanks nbsp nbsp

A:BN Lenovo Yoga 710 15.6" - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAIL...

I was experiencing some similar issues after a recent Windows update- Upon startup I would briefly see nearby networks, but as soon as I tried to load my browser, the WiFi would disengage and the Wireless adapter would dissapear from my Device Manager. I uninstalled the most recent Windows update (not recomended, but I was troubleshooting potential software issues), turned off as many start-up programs as possible and also began recieving the Power State Failure error.I would recomend that you update your BIOS and then make sure that you've updated all Network Drivers (there may be a couple).Hopefully that fixes the issue for you. Best of luck!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/BN-Lenovo-Yoga-710-15-6-quot-DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE/td-p/3374507
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey, I am starting my first year in the University next year, and I need a laptop.
Most of my time I am watching Netflix and surfing the web, so I am searching for a hybrid laptop, 2 in 1.
I checked laptops for a while and found 2 that are in my budjet and they are looking good:
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 128 GB Intel i5
Lenovo Yoga 500 500 GB Intel i7
I dont know what to choose, I prefer the surface (because of the pen) but lenovo is cheaper.
Other recomendations are welcome as well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for the help!

A:Lenovo Yoga 500 vs Surface pro 4

What is your planned area of study? That's an important factor in choosing the right device as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/lenovo-yoga-500-vs-surface-pro-4-a-278015/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello there ! just a quick message for those who would like to add a SSD HD to their Lenovo Yoga. I read some topics about this upgrade and was afraid if it was not working (because I read that some HD was not working...). FYI, I bought a Samsung SSD 850 EVO and it works perfectly (btw, opening the laptop is easy!). I installed Windows 10 Ent and the speed is awesome. I was not sure of the perf but now I can confirm it's the best upgrade I did on this laptop (increasing the RAM to 8 Go was not sufficient as the hard disk was the bottleneck). HTH Thierry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-500-and-SSD-Great/td-p/3383880
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently downgraded from Windows to a Windows operating system When I downgraded I needed to disable secure boot and disable OS Optimized settings in the BIOS in order to boot from the USB drive to install Windows nbsp When I reinstalled Windows I did a clean install put in my Windows Key and installed all the necessary drivers However it seems that my USB ports are not working On the flip 3.0 Yoga working Lenovo FY) 14 USB not (20 side when I plug in my phone or a thumb drive into the USB ports these devices are recognized in the BIOS Also I looked in the device drivers and it seems that my USB drivers are installed nbsp There is however an unknown device which in the details tab reads IUSB ROOT HUB amp VID amp PID D F amp REV amp SID C AAIUSB ROOT HUB amp VID amp PID D F amp REV IUSB ROOT HUB amp VID amp Lenovo Yoga 14 (20 FY) USB 3.0 not working PID D F nbsp Attempted solutions I tried to reset all BIOS settings back to factory settings Lenovo Yoga 14 (20 FY) USB 3.0 not working but when I did that my OS would not start until I turned secure boot and OS Optimized Settings back off Also I tried looking for drivers on the website but nbsp could not find any to do with the USB ports nbsp Looking forward to any advice anyone can provide in me fixing this issues

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Yoga-14-20-FY-USB-3-0-not-working/td-p/3327848
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently downgraded from Windows to a Windows operating system When I downgraded I needed to disable secure boot and disable OS Optimized settings in the BIOS in order to (20 working not 3.0 14 Yoga USB Lenovo FY) boot from the USB drive to install Windows nbsp When I reinstalled Windows I did a clean install put in my Windows Key and installed all the necessary drivers However it seems that my USB ports are not working On the flip side when I plug in my phone or a thumb drive into the USB ports these devices are recognized in the BIOS Also I looked in Lenovo Yoga 14 (20 FY) USB 3.0 not working the device drivers and it seems that my USB drivers are installed nbsp There is however an unknown device which in the details tab reads IUSB ROOT HUB amp VID amp PID D F amp REV Lenovo Yoga 14 (20 FY) USB 3.0 not working amp SID C AAIUSB ROOT HUB amp VID amp PID D F amp REV IUSB ROOT HUB amp VID amp PID D F nbsp Attempted solutions I tried to reset all BIOS settings back to factory settings but when I did that my OS would not start until I turned secure boot and OS Optimized Settings back off Also I tried looking for drivers on the website but nbsp could not find any Lenovo Yoga 14 (20 FY) USB 3.0 not working to do with the USB ports nbsp Looking forward to any advice anyone can provide in me fixing this issues Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo Yoga 14 (20 FY) USB 3.0 not working

USB 3.0 wasn't supported back then. Doesn't work with Win 7. You have to stick to the 2.0 ports. Return to the original installed OS or Windows 10 for it to work.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Windows 7 Home Prem - 64bit w/8GBZ70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Window 8.1 64bit FHD 17.3 inch Display, Nvidia G840 w/2GB memory

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Yoga-14-20-FY-USB-3-0-not-working/td-p/3327849
Relevancy 53.75%

Hii want to buy the Lenovo yoga 3 pro but I want to remove its fan since the core m doesn't really require a fan but I was wondering how the progress goes, can I remove the fan directly after opening the back cover or there is more work that should be done ?thanks 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-3-pro-fan-removal/td-p/3378402
Relevancy 53.75%

My Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro switched off itself while connected to the AC and now it doesn't turn on.It's 2 years old and out of warranty. Does anyone had a similar issue and how did you fix it? Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-does-not-turn-on/td-p/3377231
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi. I am an owner of Lenove yoga home 500.I have to admit that I disapointed from the first day as concern its performance. Apps stoped working instantly without a reason, onscreen keyboard is not responding sometimes, touch screen also(just for a minute) etc....The reason i enter the forum is because now wireless mouse and keyboard stopped working for a third time during two months. I replaced the batteries but didn't solve the problem. Last time I faced the same issue it recovered after 2 or 3 restarts.It is unacceptable for a machine that cost 1.500euros

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-yoga-home-500/td-p/3373028
Relevancy 53.75%

I need to change my SSD from my Kenobi Yoga 3 Pro 13.3 so I wonder if the Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB - M.2 SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-N5E250BW) it is compatible with my computer.. thanks 

Screenshot_20160715-100827.png ?1055 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-3-Pro-SSD-Compatibility/td-p/3372229
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi.I have kenovo Yoga 2 11".The hard drive just stop working.I change disk but I was unable to clone partition from oryginal HDD.How I can get any recovery disc or what I should do now?The funny thing is tha I'm able to run one button recovery from oryginal HDD and all process do fine.But after restart my yoga won't boot to windows. I was trying to fix the odl HDD but 3 diferent software fail to fix the proble,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-recovery/td-p/3375246
Relevancy 53.75%

Worked fine. Powered off. Can't turn on. Power button is lit up but no response. Obviously no battety to take out with this model. What is the PHONE# to directly contact tech service/help? The website will not recognize any of my identifying info, serial #, etc so that is useless - saw others complain of this also..HELP!

Relevancy 53.75%

My Lenovo yoga 900 suddenly stopped charging. I tried using the chargeur of a friend and it still wasn't charging, thus i believe the problem comes from the battery. I've been trying to reach the Lenovo support center in Belgium to make use of the warranty but no one answers the phone nor emails. Does anyone knows a phone number or an email adress I could use to  reach the support in Belgium? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-won-t-charge/td-p/3400439
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey Guys nbsp I picked up a Yoga just before xmas and its turn sometimes won't Lenovo on 3 Yoga been running well until just recently I have noticed that if I shut the machine down and then return to it later it will often not turn back on Pressing the power Lenovo Yoga 3 sometimes won't turn on button will cause the keyboard to light up but nothing else After a random amount of time and attempts it will turn on Whilst trying the light on the power button will remain on nbsp I have contacted online support and they want me to post the laptop to Germany for them to take a look but this wil leave me without my work computer for some time nbsp This problem is also random in that it doesnt always happen I worry they will try a few times and not be able to reproduce the issue and post it back nbsp Any one any idea of what it might be I searced the forum and found similar stories but no real advice as to what it might be or a fix nbsp I have updated the BIOS which didnt seem to help nbsp nbsp Thanks guys

A:Lenovo Yoga 3 sometimes won't turn on

I routinely have the same issue.  What I have done is hold the power button ON for about 30 seconds. Then try to restart.  It succeeds sometimes, but boy, is this a frustrating problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-3-sometimes-won-t-turn-on/td-p/3293455
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I turned on my Yoga 3 after a long time briefly. It showed battery as discharging and shut down after 5 minutes.  The charger is connected and I've tried various adapters but it is not even showing a charging signal light now. What can I do or get checked?

A:Help! Lenovo Yoga 3 not charging

I had an issue with mine, where the plug end on the charger wasnt making contact so the charger wasn't getting power.

This was on the US one however, so not sure how the plug differs on other models.

You say you were using other adapters. What do you mean by this, as the yoga 3 has extra pins in the charging port that deliver the 20V needed for charging.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Help-Lenovo-Yoga-3-not-charging/td-p/3429288
Relevancy 53.75%

I don't even know where to start but Lenovo are very good at making it First - Yoga Pro product!!!!! 3 LAST Lenovo and almost impossible to speak to any kind of human being who can assist with their Yoga 3 Pro - First and LAST Lenovo product!!!!! faulty products so i'm starting here nbsp I bought my Lenovo Yoga Pro in August with a one year warranty however it would seem Lenovo's warranty start date is when they ship it to retailers and not when you actually buy it but this was the least of my worries and one issue that I was able to rectify nbsp Within a couple of weeks 'BOOT DRIVE MISSING FAILED' started popping up nbsp every now and then and I would have to turn the power off and on again and everything would be fine At the start of September this message came up again permanently and dispite numerous attempts at factory resets restores boots etc which were suggested by the Medion crew on the tech support helpline the laptop failed to work At this point I was working abroad and had the added hassle of returning it to the UK to then have it shipped off to Germany for repairs Dispite the fact that the laptop was only a month old Lenovo said they could not replace it only repair it nbsp even though it was clearly a faulty product The retailer I purchased it from also refused to assist laying blame with the manufacturer nbsp The laptop finally made its way back to me in October apparently repaired although you wouldn't know it as there was no information on what work had been done just the laptop in an otherwise empty box Within minutes of turning it on I had the same issue the laptop was basically a very expensive brick again nbsp AGAIN Lenovo said send it back we can't replace it but we will repair it Being abroad still this would have caused more hassle yet again so I instead found a Lenovo warranty shop who replaced the boot drive and a number of other things the laptop was in for repairs between November and January as certain parts had to be shipped it nbsp I had the pleasure of being able to use my laptop between February and the end of March fault free Until Start of April turn laptop on and all it does is continuously cycle through the very first 'Lenovo' logo you can't even get onto the boot menu because it is rebooting itself every - seconds At this point I was back in the UK and had nothing to lose LENOVO still saying their was nothing they could do but keep attempting to repair it I sent it back to them After recieving a nice email asking for money as they believed I had caused some damage to it and part of the repair would therefore not be under warranty nbsp catagorically untrue nbsp - I dont think I was in possession of it long enough I paid them and heard nothing back until today - 'SORRY WE CAN'T FIND THE PARTS WE WILL SEND YOU YOUR MONEY BACK ALONG WITH YOUR BROKEN LAPTOP THANKS' Ok that isn't the actual quote but it was along those lines nbsp This is the first time I bought a Lenovo product and the product and subsequent support and customer service has been atrocious I'm not sure how they can even get away with refusing to replace a product that has been faulty from nearly day one nbsp As I said there isn't even a complaints process to go through so this is what I resorted to I'm writing a similar letter to BBC's watchdog to see if they can assist nbsp Cheers J

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-3-Pro-First-and-LAST-Lenovo-product/td-p/3332248
Relevancy 53.75%

I just got a brand new Yoga 710 with 7th gen i7 (Yoga 710-14IKB 80V4). I've been using it for a couple of days only and already it has several times frozen to a state where nothing else than pressing power button for a long time helps. The issue can be repeated if I e.g. leave the laptop viewing youtube it will freeze. It varies how it takes but it seems to always happen sooner or later. Is there any other fix to this but refund? I was planning to have this laptop for several years and the start is not very promising. So I'll be pretty easily executing my right to return within 30 days. Thanks for any advice!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-freezes/td-p/3441448
Relevancy 53.75%

First error was Detection error on SSD M which came right from the beginning Lenovo Support UK tried reinstall of Windows several times April my still and 1, p... on is X1 Lenovo got I yoga and in the end they admitted faulty SSD drive after a long battle I got my X1 yoga on April 1, and Lenovo is still p... with them They claimed Detection error on I got my X1 yoga on April 1, and Lenovo is still p... SSD M was software related and not hardware related even though university IT dept said from beginning it was faulty SSD drive The university IT dept knew this because they had many Lenovo s with Detection error on SSD M nbsp In august mousepad stopped working Lenovo Support Denmark installed new mouse pad but that didn t solve problems Mouse icon is wandering through screen even though I don t touch mouse pad Mouse pad is also marking text by itself and sending emails even though I haven t pressed send buttom Right click menu for mouse is also popping up all the time without any touches from me on right click nbsp Lenovo Support Denmark also installed new bottom cover of machine due to a bump in the cabinet After this repair screen is gapping mm when laptop is closed So even though Lenovo Support Denmark could see from pictures that bump required new cabinet they tried with cheap solution only changing bottom plastic cover nbsp Windows is also freezing app - times per day It can be solved by pressing ctrl-alt-del and then cancel but still disappointing Lenovo Support is refusing to do support on this nbsp I have logged more than lost working hours due to nightmare bad quality of X yoga and also shocking bad quality from Lenovo Support I understand why several universities has changed away from Lenovo to Dell amp HP From what I heard main reason is Lenovo Support not on a professional level nbsp LenovoSucks LenovoGate lenovo

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/I-got-my-X1-yoga-on-April-1-and-Lenovo-is-still-playing-April/td-p/3416154
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a new yoga ideapad 3 pro (intel core m 5y71) and I'm very dissapointed with his performance. if I play a youtube video I'm getting lagging when the video quality is above 480p (720p and up) with google chrome. I'ts sopposed to be a premium laptop but I can't even plug an external screen dou to serious performance reduction.

A:lenovo yoga 3 pro very slow

Hi ranbuch1. Try to run extended diagnosic with Lenovo Solution Center and share results with us (it may be screen save). Also try to update all drivers from http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-3-pro-1370-laptop-len...If nothing helps try to reinstall OS. Sincerely,Dominik.

"If only people use their CPU 50% more."If I make any mistake, please let me know that I could improve my knowledge.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-3-pro-very-slow/td-p/2126681
Relevancy 53.75%

Last night I was working on 2 boot won't Lenovo 11 Yoga my laptop and it suddenly came up with the BIOS screen and said No Boot Device Found nbsp I restarted Lenovo Yoga 2 11 won't boot it and the Lenovo logo comes up it shows as if it's loading then the screen goes black with a cursor and that's as far as it will go nbsp I was able to get it into safe mode without Network but it wouldn't let me run any virus software nbsp I have tried today to get back into safe mode with networking no go nbsp Now it won't even come up in safe mode without networking nbsp I'm getting very frustrated nbsp I have my Windows USB that I used to install the upgrade so I tried that nbsp No go nbsp I made a bootable USB with AVG on it nbsp No go nbsp Has anyone got any other ideas other than trash it Please let me know nbsp I appreciate any help you can offer

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-won-t-boot/td-p/3445333
Relevancy 53.75%

Does anyone know of a "smart Pen" or "active pen" that works with the yoga 700? I need to use this computer for college classes next year and a pen would be most helpful! Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-quot-smart-Pen-quot/td-p/3337983
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I have a few questions about Laptop Lenovo Yoga 900.The first is that the a laptop with a resolution of 3200x1800 takes more battery than as if he was in 1920x1080?The second question is that I am looking browser that consumes the least energy, from what I read that Edge does best but Opera claims of doing better, so I do not know which is better.The third question is how I set the screen resolution to 1920x1080 then the text on the screen is blurry

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Yoga 900 Few Questions

Hi Hisayuki , 

Higher resolution is not a significant threat to power as compared to lower resolution on normal usage as full LCD panel is still lit . Higher pixelated displays type needs higher power (HD vs. FHD vs. QHD). In gaming setting higher video setting would requuire more power to be used by the video card . Dimming the brightness would lessen power draw. 

About the browsers , features offered by Edge would lead most test and others may claim otherwise but may also depend fairly on the user and the websites visited. Limiting number of open browsers sure would lessen processes therefore less power consumption. 

Adjusting to lower resolution manually to what suits your vision can help as other simply use applications to automatically do it . 

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-900-Few-Questions/td-p/3441141
Relevancy 53.75%

So, I have been searching all over the internet for this issue where the Yoga keyboard flashes and then nothing.  I have seen lots of YouTube videos of the problem, lots of forum posts describing it.  Sometimes, someone is able to do some sequence of hitting the reset button and holding the power button for over a minute that gets it up and running again, but the majority of the time, the problem still seems to be unresolved. Has anyone had this fix performed?  How much did it cost and where did you take your machine to have it done.  Mine is just out of warranty (figures!).  Thanks for your help.(Sent from a 12-year old Toshiba laptop that just keeps on running, sitting next to an 18 year old Lenovo that is useless.)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-will-not-boot-is-there-a-fix-yet/td-p/3427825