Windows Support Forum

Motherboard cought a spark

Q: Motherboard cought a spark

Hi guys,

Just tried installing 2nd hand components and when I first started up the fans of my CPU/Graphics card/Coolers didn't work and I noticed a little spark on the MB near the VGA card. I blew it out and pulled the power immediately... I was scared for the damage to say the least...

But after some time I noticed that on one side there was contact with the lower side of my MB on the case it was mounted on. So I demounted a bit, tried again and everything worked, CPU/VGA/Coolers, even heard the good old 'BEEP'. I have no screen to test it on so I can only see the result tonight. Could I just have been the most lucky person a live or is there no way that everything is still intact? :-/

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Motherboard cought a spark

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Motherboard cought a spark

Well I would say theres still a chance that there was minimal-no damage, however you cant be sure till you actually hook up the machine to a monitor we cant be sure.

Ive seen computers leak water from liquid cooling units all over componenets while on and function just fine, computers dropped on the sidewalk, and many more things that should have ended a computers life yet it kept on running, so anything is possible!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-cought-a-spark.196405/
Relevancy 67.94%

So a friend of mine got a new 120mm case fan for his PC the other day and he installed it to the wrong part of the motherboard and when he turned it on he said he saw the wires for the fan spark and catch on fire. He said he unplugged the PC before anything else could happen. He said that the PC turns on and functions normally but he is concerned if there could be future hardware failures because of what happened. And if there could, how would we find out?

A:Plugged case fan in wrong part of motherboard, saw spark and a little fire...

If it still works ok chances are it will carry on working.

You'll know something got damaged if it starts to show strange symptoms.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugged-case-fan-in-wrong-part-of-motherboard-saw-spark-and-a-little-fire.1049109/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a VISTA Home Premium pc Has a registered copy of NORTONS running as well as the freeloading if any microsoft downloaded virus defender one once TODAY at around am picked up Vista Home Security nasty bug IT also installedJVI EXE the odd letter character exe programOn another web site i was reading their temporary killer notice to look in APPDATA etc and deletethe odd aharacter letter exe amp the other files next to the program I DIDN t and just slightly renamed them instead JVI EXE to JVI EXE--- so it couldn t run nasty MY flu... a PC cought after i used task manager to kill the process I m glad i didn t delete because after i TEMP killed the MY PC cought a nasty flu... entire bug process i couldn t run any programs any of my browsers included THUS i had to go back to the directories amp just let it keep running a little longer so i could run programs IT loves to mess up my IE Browser alot and can t connect to many virus ANYTHING to do with a SEARCH ENGINE gets redirected to BLANK PAGE The only reason why i can still use a BROWSER is because i have several Browsers that some use portions of IEinstalled browser components amp some use some components of FIREFOX amp OR CHROME Maxthon V Green Browser Crazy Browser QTWEB Browser Flash Peak Slim Browser Advant Browser ACE ExplorerBrowser The World Browser Slepnir Browser Sundance Browser and some little el-quickie types Fastweb browser Akoware Web View Browser Portable Browser THUS so far i can at least get out on some browser that isn t microsoft YES i m getting pop up virus warnings but i noticed that leaving at least one pop up STAY POPPED UP amp OPEN keeps this thing from popping up alot more in a hurry amp allows me to keep going somewhat Since i got the BUGGER i tried my NORTONS and it refuses to update LuCallBackProxy exe Did a search and found that is Nortons updater file BUT needing all of them running is a little much AND one LuComServer exe also another Nortons updater program TRIED to download and run from the download dialog box PC TOOLS Spyware Dr but that frooze up upon partial install and don t wanna do anything I Was able to download the operating files for F-SECURE and run that in a JAVA BOX to do a el-quick scan and all that found was browser cookie files WHEN i tried to do a full scan it complained it didn t have enough rights i m the only one on the computer and have all the rights BUT ANYWAYS it did run but found no virus bug or the JVI added virus installed SINCE I ve had the bug i didn t tun off the computer THUS anything waiting to use the boot-up ONE ONCE is gonna be waiting a little longerAny help you can provide will be greatly appriciated Ohhh Since i have never used the SAFE MODE YET on in this computer you might need to take my hand and help me do that if it s needed THIS bug keeps telling me my FIREWALL IS TURNED OFF and every time i click to re-start it it wants me to register the program Which i don t do WHAT i might have to do is to go back in and just RENAME some files to keep the thing from operating for awhile BUT Then i can t run any programs NOT even the games I m not heavy gammer and thus have the simple games LIKE SOL DOS Emulators - DOSBOX to play some games vista hates etc or anything else YES i do have mp amp movies i have downloaded on the system I also have MUSIC BROADCASTING software as well Internet Broadcaster Yes i have Activeworlds registry entries D Virtual OnLine Reality program much like SIMS But that isn t actually installed on the main hard drives C amp D are main drives amp N is a external add on amp that is a TB drive using a USB DOCK The others are all gb flash drives or one gb that houses Active Worlds Please HELP I haven t tried any other virus cleaners or the one that need professional help to use yet AT least i haven t gotten any more pop up warning windos since i left this one up for the past several hours SEEMS not to like me tooo well The other ones keep popping up SYSTEM ALERT stays on top of everything and s... Read more

A:MY PC cought a nasty flu...

Hello and to BleepingComputer.Let's see what we're dealing with here.Please download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.Link 1Link 2Link 3Link 4Before we begin, you should disable any anti-malware software you have installed so it does not interfere with RKill running. This is because some anti-malware software mistakenly detects RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how to disable your security software.Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed. If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply***************************************************Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2IMPORTANT!!! - when you save the file, rename it to something random, such as bubbles.exe This must be done before beginning the download!MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:Malwarebytes Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/383029/my-pc-cought-a-nasty-flu/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I ve not been here in a good while I posted this problem in the windows area and thought this might be a better area to put it I hope thats ok My computors been corupted think I cought something Solved: I I can still get on the net and I can log on here When I try to get to the log on page at ebay I get quot this page is not here quot or something Solved: I think I cought something like that When I go to anouther favorite site I get a popup message between every page The mesage is quot Java script error Description filters Alpha is not an object Source http www rcuniverse com forum fh Line It worked fine yesterday and I did a lot of surfing last night while waiting on an auction on ebay to end This morning my toolbar was differant in that the icons no longer had there names printed above them I went into safe mode Programs acceseries system tools IE repair and it tryed to reload IE I still run IE since it works fine Then I did a scanreg restore to two days ago and the toolbar was back to normal But the above problems were still there I ran spybot and it found an Alexa related tracker and I had spybot fix it Adaware found nothing and AGV found nothing Also my room mate admited to ordering something from the Gap clothing store this morning before I got up She said she had to join to do it but doesn t remember any unuseual popups or windows I tryed another computer and got on ebay just fine but still can t on this one It s a win SE P mhz gig hard drive The spell check won t work here either Thanks for any help Dave nbsp

A:Solved: I think I cought something

Problem solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-think-i-cought-something.432447/
Relevancy 52.46%

i got geebx dll on this box some how and teatimer blocked it for the most part but its still on the act cought geebx in Solved: here and is a problem i see u have a threed on this http Solved: geebx cought in the act forums techguy org t html and is helping to a point when i get to hijackthis i dont know what to check and if there anything eles i need to take care of could someone look though my hijackthis log and tell me what to get rid of and more this rqropnl dll and F C A -FF E- B- B -D D B B Solved: geebx cought in the act was cought at the same time as geebx the other this is sxbwkskp dll is missing when i restarted Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TGTSoft StyleXP StyleXPService exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Solved: geebx cought in the act VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sony Shared Plug-Ins Media Manager MSSQL SONY MEDIAMGR Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files SoltekHM soltekHM exe C Program Files Teamspeak RC TeamSpeak exe C Program Files TSO tso exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings Knots Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http cgi verizon net bookmarks bmredir asp region all amp bw dsl amp cd amp bm ho search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http my juno com s search r minisearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online O - Toolbar ZeroBar - F F ECBE-D - B -B - A E F A - C Program Files NetZero Toolbar dll O - Toolbar JunoBar - FAC - BF - DD-B A -A EA CFF CF - C Program Files Juno toolbar dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - FE DB - EC - e- DD - C B C - C Program Files AskTBar bar bin ASKTBAR DLL O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime Alternative qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SoundService rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system sxbwkskp dll quot setvm O - HKLM Run XoftSpy C Program Files XoftSpy XoftSpy exe -s O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run spc w quot C Program Files JUSearch juspc exe quot -w O - HKCU Run SFP C Program F... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

every time I Pretty cought log cold HJT PC a bad turn on my messenger to check my PC cought a Pretty bad cold HJT log mail it pops me to a webstie and gives me error messages on how my computer got a virus hre s the HJT log any other things to remove to clean this guy up would be helpful thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Aqua Dock Aqua Dock exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe D HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe explorer exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C Program Files Stardock WinCustomize BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKLM Run LogonStudio quot C Program Files WinCustomize LogonStudio logonstudio exe quot RANDOM O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Openwares LiveUpdate C Program Files LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe O - HKLM Run Aqua Dock C Program Files Aqua Dock Aqua Dock exe O - HKLM Run c rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system fxcmyxfa dll quot b O - HKLM Run BM fb c Rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system bbgfpyxb dll quot s O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Rainlendar C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Startup OneNote Screen Clipper and Launcher lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup Picture Package Menu lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files bonjour mdnsnsp dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF EE -A F - E- AD- E D A Infotl Control - http site ebrary com tarcez tarc edu my lib tarc support plugins ebraryRdr cab O - DPF D - B- D -A E- B CoGSManager Class - http gamingzone ubisoft com dev packages GSManager cab O - DPF C -EFAC- D- A- FADAC E EGamesPlugin Class - https www e-games com my com EGames... Read more

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey Probably pretty basic stuff for you guys but because of Workstation PC I cannot just low level format and reinstall without paying for contract IT setup amp networking Here are the logs from tutorial for your viewing pleasure Thanks for hosting a great website -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B & cought Employee Virtumonde Trojan - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost Employee cought Virtumonde & Trojan -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr Employee cought Virtumonde & Trojan exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec pcAnywhere awhost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Administrator MTPORDMN My Documents dds scrC Documents and Settings Administrator MTPORDMN Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp msisolutions com uDefault Page URL hxxp lenovo live commDefault Page URL hxxp lenovo live commWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exeBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dllBHO b e - e - d -b ed- bd bd fb d - c windows system ruwiraje dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun Mouse Suite Daemon ICO EXEmRun atchk mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exemRun SoundMAX quot c program files analog devices soundmax Smax exe quot traymRun ISUSPM Startup c progra common instal update ISUSPM exe -startupmRun ISUSScheduler quot c program files common files installshield updateservice issch exe quot -startmRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exemRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exemRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exemRun ccApp quot c program files common files symantec shared ccApp exe quot mRun vptray c progra symant VPTray exemRun CC Protect c program files multi-systems ccdirect CCProtectShutDn exemRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kmRun wizebopesi Rundll exe quot c windows system yihazuso dll quot smRun MSConfig c windows pchealth helpctr binaries MSConfig exe autoStartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup shortc lnk - d purrrint Purrrint exeIE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exeIE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exeIE B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBC - c program files java jre bin ssv dllDPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download b d bd - - d -a -f adaa f LegitCheckControl cabDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabTCP FE DBAB- AF- FAD- E D- E E E AE Notify igfxcui - igfxdev dllNotify NavLogon - c windows system NavLogon dll

A:Employee cought Virtumonde & Trojan

Another symptom is .exe programs running that consist of a random string of 6 numbers (720832.exe.. etc.) and desktop changing to threatening spyware message. A scanning 'defender' program also runs on the desktop. Hope this is something already solved though i'm unsuccessful so far. I'll keep looking. Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242629/employee-cought-virtumonde-trojan/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey. Im getting sparks when i try plug my printer in via the usb. this only happens when the printer is on and at the back of my pc any ideas?

Its not a large spark. You can only just see it. Its also a blue colour if this adds any difference. I also tryed plugging in all my other devices to see if it happens to them and there are still no sparks. Also this only happens when plugging into the back of my pc when plugging in my printer.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello guys Ok I ve got a slight problem A spark came from my computer and now when I press the power button nothing happens The green LED light on the motherboard is on and its lit which is telling me though I could be wrong that my power supply unit is Computer!! in Spark still working The spark looked as if it went from one of my HDs I have HDs IDEs and SATAs and directly onto either my Graphics Card or my Motherboard more precisely a silver metallic cube almost like a grill that is on my motherboard The spark also made a TAC noise as it happened This is what I did before the spark killed my PC Using computer like normal nothing new there Blue screen suddenly appears saying I have a hardware problem or virus on my PC please restart something like that I restart and after the windows XP logo the same screen appears I am forced to restart hard boot I insert an Avira virus boot disk in the CD Rom to scan my PC for any viruses thus I basically booted from that CD After the scan is complete I restart the PC not hard boot and suddenly my HD Spark in Computer!! is no longer detectable something about there are no Master HDD detected I switch off the computer entirely and unplug my HDs and plugs them back in ensuring all is plugged in tightly I switch on my PC again and suddenly there s a spark and my PC dies I re-check my HD connection and its still sealed tightly The motherboard LED green light is still illuminating I switch on again but nothing happens So I decided to send the PC to the same guy who built Spark in Computer!! this PC for me In a space of year I ve had countless problems with this PC Two of my father s PCs which the guy also built also had there motherboards recently blown up Now the guy is telling me that my motherboard is gone and quite possibly that my power supply unit as well as my graphics card is also gone I already told the guy the steps I did before my computer died My questions are as follows Can my power unit be dead even if the green LED is illuminating on my motherboard Can my motherboard be dead even if the green LED is illuminating on my motherboard Could it be that its only my processor that is gone and everything else is fine In my current situation what would be the most probable cause to my PC not switching on What kind of tests should I perform to determine the problem I thank you all kindly for reading my post and hope that someone out there is able to help me out in some way or another so please do not hesitate to reply or ask me more questions Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

whne i plugged in the power cord in the back i saw a spark from the power supply where the fan is. does that mean my whole computer is fried because i tried hooking it back up and it wont power on

Relevancy 48.16%

I am looking to upgrade my graphics card for a decent price and i was wondering what is better between the geforce 7600gt and the radeon x1600xt the reviews give it to the 7600gt but i would like to hear from the customers so hopefully some of you have had experience with either of the two and i would also like to know if i put them in either crossfire or SLI (depending on the card obviosly) which is better thankyou for your opinion

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-should-spark-some-heated-debates.46665/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all I was upgrading my PC yesterday with an Nvidia It was all plugged in aside from one power supply connection It was then that I realised I needed to change Power Spark Supply my power supply A bit silly I know I know Let s not go into it here Anyway I went around the back of the PC and completely forgot that the power was still plugged in It was then that I saw a small red switch which said V but it was half on which I thought was a bit odd I thought it might be dangerous to have it on halfway and so flipped it thinking it would be okay The next thing I knew there was a spark inside the power supply and now it won t switch on at all I believe the power supply has been fried but I m worried about the other components like Power Supply Spark the Nvidia which cost me Do you think everything has been fried or is it just the power supply If the components have been fried would Nvidia replace the brand new graphics card nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I plug my keyboard/piano into the line in port to record my horrible playing. So after i toil around with that for a while i decide to take out the cord that connected my keyboard to the line in. Everything was working fine up until this point. As i take it out, i see a spark come out of my line in port. Crap. That can't be good. So after that point none of my sound ports work. I know my way around computers decently enough. I've just never dealt with sparks before so i have no clue what to do. I'm thinking of just buying another sound card but want to know if this can be solved another way if possible.

Any ideas?

A:Spark In My Line In Port?

I plug my keyboard/piano into the line in port to record my horrible playing. So after i toil around with that for a while i decide to take out the cord that connected my keyboard to the line in. Everything was working fine up until this point. As i take it out, i see a spark come out of my line in port. Crap. That can't be good. So after that point none of my sound ports work. I know my way around computers decently enough. I've just never dealt with sparks before so i have no clue what to do. I'm thinking of just buying another sound card but want to know if this can be solved another way if possible.Any ideas?Buy a new sound card, as you fried your sound card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/171704/spark-in-my-line-in-port/
Relevancy 48.16%

I took out my pc to clean the dust inside, and when I put them together and plugged in, I heard/saw a small spark and the led light on the mobo is not on any more; i tried a different power cord and same thing.

My question is what could have caused that?

And when that happens, what parts of my pc is toasted? mobo, cpu, psu? hopefully not everything sad.gif

I have never experienced this ever before in the years of tinkering with computers sad.gif
Thank you

A:please help!, my pc had a small spark when plugged in

u :
Nothing good!

Presumably you understand electrostatic precautions.

Perform the following, with the computer OFF & unplugged.
Disconnect all peripherals except mouse, monitor & keyboard.
If the motherboard has an onboard / integrated video chip, use it instead of an add in card.
If the computer has > 1 stick of ram, remove all but the ram stick in slot #1. You will need to check your motherboard manual.
Disconnect all data and power cables to your drives [ HDD [ hard disk drives ], optical drives [ CD, DVD ] and FDD [ floppy disk drive ].
If you have any USB or other port cable that run from your motherboard to the case, or to an add in card, disconnect those cables from your motherboard.

Plug in the power.
Turn on the computer.

If it fails to turn on, try a different stick of ram in the #1 ram slot.

Depending upon your area's available resources, consider replacing the power supply, firstly.

Check with your vendor to ask about return policies & charges / fees for re-stocking.

If you have to replace the motherboard, & if said motherboard has a different chipset from your current motherboard, be prepared for a BSOD.

If you supply the brand, model model # of your CPU, motherboard, ram & video card, someone might be able to provide more specific assistance.

Best of success.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-my-pc-had-a-small-spark-when-plugged-in.861517/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
Help me please, feeling puke:
I have just put together my upgrades to my PC (new MOBO Graphics card, memory, cpu.
Whilst trying to get around sorting out XP, turned on my PC / PSU supply button on the back, all of a sudden it sparked and went bang, with smoke.:dead:

I have no power, its set for 230, which is correct - i'm in UK.
My real concern, has this damaged my new upgrades? (MOBO etc)

It was a CASECOM PSU 500W

thanks for help, chris

A:PSU - Spark and Bang, ohhh no

It is possible that your psu has indeed damaged your other hardware.

However, untill you try a new psu, you won`t know for sure.

If you`ve been lucky then a new psu will be all you need.

Regards and good luck Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-spark-and-bang-ohhh-no.39263/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I was woken by my father today telling me Spark Solved: ahoy! that he was having CD Writer troubles The computer wasn t recognizing it so he unplugged it and tried putting them back in but for some reason he didn t have the computer powered down He said that he had the IDE plugged in and just as he was putting the molex power connection in it sparked The spark was like size of the width of a can of pop Solved: Spark ahoy! pretty decent size and was yellow It flashed only once and the power on the whole computer went out When we try to turn on the computer now it s obvious that power flow is still running through the tower ie the HDD is humming normally The computer normally requiers you to hit the power button after flicking the switch on from the power bar but now that it immediately tries to start up The only problem is that nothing is showing through onto the monitor Something got fried I m thinking but it s just a matter of playing PC Columbo I popped open the power supply and it doesn t appear that anything is visually fried nothing s melted or anything And the same goes for what I can see on the motherboard But with power still obviously being given to the tower when it s turned on I m leaning away from it being any bit of a PSU problem Any ideas on where to start and how to check things up without having to bring it in to some shop nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

will the dream spark and the retail version be the same.

Relevancy 47.3%

will a dream spark version of windows 7 work with 8 upgrade.

A:dream spark and window 8 upgrade

It should, since the Dreamspark downloads are regular copies of Microsoft software. However, I personally think a clean install is better than an upgrade.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/9344-dream-spark-window-8-upgrade.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, occasionally, when I plug in my computer, a little spark is made. Is this something I should worry about? Or is it just because the plug is being plugged in upside down as the Schuko plug variant used in Korea allow you to plug in the line pin into neutral and the neutral pin into line? I assume that modern computers have protection against this but just in case, I am asking this as usually sparks in electronics can damage them. Thanks.

A:Spark made when plugging in computer

What happens if you turn the switch on the power supply to off first? Most power supplies, if the power supply switch is left on or ones that do not have a switch, when plugged in can draw a small arc. Its nothing to be concerned about, as many electronic/electric items will do that - it starts to draw current as soon as its plugged in.

On a PC, if the power supply power switch is on, the power supply is working to some degree.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350499-spark-made-when-plugging-computer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I got my G910 and it worked awesome. But after some time the mute button, The volume scroll and all the play/pause,stop,next stopped working. I tried hooking the keyboard up to another pc. It worked there. I Tried reinstalling the drivers to the keyboard. Please help me

A:Solved: G910 orion spark problems

Windows can use the standard multimedia keys with the standard Windows drivers. The hardware specific drivers/software are not needed. So I can only guess that some software has changed the key mapping.

There are tools available to test a keyboard and verify each key is functional.

There are also numerous guides available on how to remap keys, such as this one: http://www.technorms.com/31627/how-to-remap-your-keyboard

And although you aren't trying to remap, will show if "mute", for example, is actually still mapped to "mute".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-g910-orion-spark-problems.1146840/
Relevancy 46.87%

I saw this cleaner on this site, I'm thinking it must be reliable for the advertisement to be listed on Bleeping Computers. Before I send my credit card number, I'd really be grateful for any comments on the cleaner. Thanks!

A:Installing Spark Trust System PC Cleaner PLUS

Sparktrust PCCleaner is not trustable. Advertisements on BleepingComputer.com are running by Google Ads and we're not review the content of them.

See these links: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/SparkTrust-PC-Cleaner-Plus-18757-program.aspx
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130826213416AA5PMzG

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517948/installing-spark-trust-system-pc-cleaner-plus/
Relevancy 46.87%

I m just trying to keep my old computer running pretty good until I get another one in the not too distant future I ran across a De-Frag program that I was told was better than the one on my computer amp it s free or u can get a premium version u pay for I ve used free I had the better one on my system for a while but it got deleted somewhere along the line quite some time ago When I went to download it again - it came Plus Should Trust I - Spark the Cleaner PC Button?! Click up with this Spark Trust PC Cleaner plus that it looked like they wanted me to Spark Trust PC Cleaner Plus - Should I Click the Button?! run on my computer b I used their defrag I have a Norton Symantec security amp anti-virus program on my computer that I pay them a bit of dough for each year amp I know they don t like folks using other stuff - but I ve done it in the past Anyway - I ran the program on my computer amp it says I have system issues related to the registry It says I have issues with Privacy Items amp says protect your privacy by deleting sensitive amp confidential info Then it says I have Issues with Junk Files - says GB detected - then says free up space by removing these Then it says I have Malware issue - I don t want to type more about that - only Finally it says I have software issues - and to optimize performance by stopping unwanted processes TOTAL ISSUES AND THEN IT HAS A GREEN FIX ALL BUTTON TO CLICK ON SINCE MY COMPUTER SEEMS TO RUN OK FOR ITS AGE NOW - DO I WANT TO RISK DOING THIS - COULD IT MESS UP MY COMPUTER WHERE I COULDN T USE IT ANYMORE THEN I D BE OUT OF LUCK UNTIL I GET THE NEXT ONE amp THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE BECAUSE OF ALL THE THINGS I NOW DO WITH IT I M STILL A LONG WAY FROM BECOMING REAL COMPUTER SAVVY WHAT SHOULD I DO PLAY IT SAFE OR DO IT AND MAYBE BE EXCRUCIATINGLY SORRY FINALLY THERE IS AN EDIT SIGN BY EACH ITEM I WOULD HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DO THAT IT IS FIX ALL OR JUST LEAVE IT BE OOPS I MEANT FOR ONLY ONE LINE TO BE IN CAPS nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Dear support pleaaaaase help ,Today is the first time I open my new laptop , I plugged the power wire plug to the wall socket and the power wire to the adaptor and did not connect the adaptor wire correctly to the laptop , when I switched on the wall socket , a spark came out small blue spark ,Please will this damage my laptop or the battery thankyou

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spark-in-power-wire-plug-and-wall-socket/td-p/5797438
Relevancy 46.44%

for people that haven't heard of Project Spark, it's a "game" that allows you to build games without having to know any programming. So in the sizzle reel they showed for Project Spark, you can create a game like Geometry Wars or Marble Madness or Space Invaders or a tower defense game or a platform game... etc. etc.

there's a beta signup now...

https://joinprojectspark.com/

A:beta signup for Project Spark for Windows 8, Xbox One, 360

they demo'ed Project Spark at Build 2013!

You can design games on either Windows 8, Xbox 360, or Xbox One and then play on any of the other platforms. You can even start designing on one platform, switch to another platform, and then continue designing.

You can even make touchscreen games! Now I'm curious if you can make Kinect games. That would be very cool.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/27298-beta-signup-project-spark-windows-8-xbox-one-360-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,I have a rather odd set of questions:One of my power adapter's end plugs (the area around the prong) sparked when I plugged it into a public outlet.It's been a few weeks and the adapter is still working. However, I noticed the prongs were blackened, or had black residue on them.Do you think it's still safe to use the adapter? What do you think the black residue, or blacked prongs mean? Thanks for your input

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158408.0.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi (a post after a long time)
I've a F90M motherboard (with intel 915G chipset - i gues chipset doesn't have to do anything with front panel connections, but ... ). It came out of Acer 3700GX PC (i think its a bit old ).
Ok, now i'm trying to put it in a standard larger ATX casing. I've fitted it in and everything works fine except the front panel connections. I cannot identify the front panel connections and could only manage to identify the power switch pins on the motherboard.

I've searched over internet and couldn't find a manual of the motherboard (found manual for the PC on www.nodevice.com but it doesn't tell how to connect front panel)

so can you guys please suggest me the connections for front panel LEDs, Audio and USB.

and i really believe that you TSG guys are up to it

Thanks in advance

A:Identify motherboard's front panel connections | PC Acer 3700GX | Motherboard F90M

no replies????

is it such a hard/stupid question??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/identify-motherboards-front-panel-connections-pc-acer-3700gx-motherboard-f90m.840211/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 33.97%

I've been looking for the front panel pin layout on the Dell Dual Xeon Motherboard with Dell P/N: 0WN7Y6 (it is a # zero, W, N, #7, Y, #6). 
The front panel connector is 27-pin...28 spots with one pin left blank. The pin layout isn't included in the manual and I'm trying to boot two of these motherboards without the 27-pin connector. I just need to know which pins need to be jumpered in order to test for boot to BIOS.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell Motherboard- P/N 0WN7Y6 Dual Xeon Motherboard Front Panel Pin Layout

Dell doesn't make the front panel connector pin-outs public. So unless you map them yourself or somebody else has done it...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996055
Relevancy 33.97%

I could use some creative customer service here. My M3800 shipped with the known power-on motherboard defect. It was replaced at no charge, which was very nice. However, the replacement (2nd motherboard!) is now having the same intermittent dead / no power problem.
To get the computer running, I have to remove the case (12 screws) and un-plug the internal battery to 're-set' the electrical fault. After I put it back together, the computer starts normally. This is not very convenient, especially when meeting with new clients.
The problem is that I am being told I am outside the 3-month repair warranty. I think this stinks! It's a known issue and I would like someone at Dell to step up make my expensive computer work normally all of he time.
Yes, I have run every diagnostic known to man and the internet.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986464
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay, so as the topic title implies, for the life of me, I cannot figure out which motherboard model I'm supposed to get for this Dell Inspiron 1300 here. Only info I have is that it has the Centrino sticker on the palm rest of the case, and I also have the service tag, but that doesn't seem to give me much information from what I've found.

I've taken the motherboard out of the thing and looked it over, but no luck, as I don't see the model number on it.

Will someone please tell me how I'm supposed to figure out the motherboard model number so I can get a new one?

A:Dell Inspiron 1300: Bad motherboard, but which motherboard do I order?

You can search by the service tag number

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1300-bad-motherboard-but-which-motherboard-do-i-order.135108/
Relevancy 33.54%

Well I Just Bought A Broken Emachines I Thought The Capacitors Where Blown But They Look Fine The Problem Is It Wont Post It Has A Via Chipset Thats Probly The Problem I Dont Want To Get The Emachines Replacement Because It Costs 2 Much The Emachine Is A T2200 If Any Body Could Help Me Find A Great Fit Motherboard That You Can Hook Up The Front Usb Port To The Motherboard That Would Be Great It Has A Amd Processor And I Would Like It To Have Onboard Video It Dosent Matter What Ram It Takes

A:Emachines Bad Motherboard Whats A Good Replacement Motherboard

Need a motherboard here too

for the same model that is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-bad-motherboard-whats-a-good-replacement-motherboard.29980/
Relevancy 33.54%

hey guys, does anyone if there are any other drivers for this board? i'm looking at this page after selecting 'driver' and 'win7 64 bit'. http://gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3166&dl=1#dl i only see 'audio', 'chipset' 'LAN' and 'RAID'. on the other boards i've seen, the driver software was much more comprehensive and contained several different pieces of software.

what's the main driver i need to install after installing win7 for the motherboard? just wondering if i'm missing something and need to install something else for the 'main features'? or are there main features found in the BIOS before win7 boots up? how does win7 recognise the board btw? does the board have drivers built in already? how can winxp recognise mboards that have been made very recently?

thanks guys

A:Gigabyte motherboard: P55M-UD4 some questions on motherboard software

Those are all the drivers you need, and really all any motherboard needs to work. You also have some Utilities under the drop down menu of "Download Type" but these are optional tweaking and similar utilities not required for proper operation of the system. Any version of Windows will have limited driver support, enough to install and run until the correct drivers are installed, or for a SATA or RAID controller under Windows XP drivers are loaded via the F6 prompt during the initial stages of the XP install to allow it to detect the hard drive. There are no drivers built into the hardware itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-p55m-ud4-some-questions-on-motherboard-software.937530/
Relevancy 33.11%

The motherboard on my envy 17t-k200 needs to be replaced.  The part number installed on the refurbished machine is 793272-501.  I have found a motherboard, part number 794984-001.  Is 794984-001 compatible with my envy 17t-k200? 

A:can i replace motherboard 793272-501 with motherboard 794984...

Hi, Yes as you can see on the list:      http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=794984-001 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-i-replace-motherboard-793272-501-with-motherboard-794984/td-p/5681529
Relevancy 33.11%

I just started running Replacing Solved: motherboard with motherboard? identical a Solved: Replacing motherboard with identical motherboard? home business for PC Repair and Tutoring My first customer has a malfunctioning motherboard I believe She has an old Gateway with Win ME I believe that it is the mother board because nothing works on bootup during the gateway splash screen It says that it has detected the keyboard and mouse but also to consult the user manual if a further problem exists The keyboard and mouse won t work with it anyway It goes on to say that there is no hard drive detected and there is no CD-ROM drive detected I am left with a blank black screen with a flashing cursor at the top left hand corner The whole time that it is booting there is a continuous ticking noise I thought that it might be the hard drive for that but it is fine I suspect a bad capasitor My question is this If I find an identical motherboard will a swap go seemlessly or not I am also inviting any other advice on this The only drive that does work is the A drive but when I put a disk in it I get a message saying to take it out and strike any key Well you can t strike any key if the keyboard doesn t work Plus I can t find the any key Just kidding I m not that dumb I knew it was going to be an adventure getting into this business but didn t know how hard it would be to troubleshoot something that was originally a simple issue When I first looked at her PC the Goback utility wouldn t let her onto her desktop because that clock was set for a time that hadn t yet come to pass The ticking noise was present at that time and her original usb keyboard and mouse wouldn t work with the computer either I opened the computer just to see what she had inside it and I changed out the clock battery thinking that this may have had something to do with it I closed it again and the next thing I knew it wouldn t even boot far enough to get to the GoBack screen that was poping up just before the windows startup I doubt that changing out the clock battery would have caused the motherboard to crash That is why I m hear I guess Anyone want to take a stab at it Many Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

I'm trying to be a bit cost effective for college by replacing parts of an old computer in order to get it to run CAD (specifically making it possible to run Solidworks 2016) better, but I am new to modifying computers. I currently have a Dell 15r 5520 with no modifications. I have found a 15R 7520 motherboard on eBay to replace it but it says with no video. Does this mean I would have to buy a separate graphics card? If so, any recommendations? Would I be correct in assuming that it comes with the i7 processor? Also any input on upgrading to a SSD?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985609
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys I just joined this forum because I need a little help with my motherboard I am not that technology savvy so I m sorry for any errors A few days ago my monitor stopped working At first I thought it was my video card so I kept fiddling around with it to see if I could fix it It worked a little so Wondering I if fix fried my motherboard motherboard) fan my how to (and I thought I fixed it Then every once in a while it would freeze I opened it up and switched out the video card but still it had the same problem of freezing That s when I noticed one of Wondering how to fix my motherboard fan (and if I fried my motherboard) the fans on my motherboard wasn t turning on It would rotate once or twice and not start but now it doesn t even rotate I m wondering if I can fix the fan its plugged in correctly and if I have to buy a new motherboard I can t tell what motherboard I have Wondering how to fix my motherboard fan (and if I fried my motherboard) so sorry So in short my motherboard fan is not working Any way Wondering how to fix my motherboard fan (and if I fried my motherboard) to fix or do I need a new motherboard nbsp

A:Wondering how to fix my motherboard fan (and if I fried my motherboard)

I would start by checking your power supply with a good tester tool and multimeter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-how-to-fix-my-motherboard-fan-and-if-i-fried-my-motherboard.170326/
Relevancy 31.82%

I am installing Motherboard Monitor. Wizard wants to know what motherboard I have. Don't know where to find it. Related question, MBM list of supported models does not list mine (Dell Inspiron 6000), however, last MBM update was late 2004, (before i6000) and i 5100 is on the list, so I am assuming i6000 is supported. Where do I find motherboard ID? Thanks for prompt response --> wizard is waiting.

A:Need Motherboard Id To Install Motherboard Monitor

In the BIOS.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46160/need-motherboard-id-to-install-motherboard-monitor/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi , 

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out.  I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8  and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8.   With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,
Sathish.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679535
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I have some Toshiba Tecra M series but for some reason the laptop no longer works with a battery attached and just get flashing light on the laptop It works fine with power but won't swatch on at all with a fully charge battery I have tried many and it's not the battery I have taken the laptop apart but can t find anything that is wrong So it must be the battery motherboard M10 Toshiba same Tecra the series series A10 asTecra motherboard? and or charge circuit resisters gone on the M Anyway Toshiba Tecra A10 series motherboard the same asTecra M10 series motherboard? I was looking at a motherboard replacement On looking about it appears that Toshiba released a M and a A series They both look about the same to me with the same Toshiba Tecra A10 series motherboard the same asTecra M10 series motherboard? fittings but to be sure can anyone tell me if a A motherboard is the same as the M motherboard Maybe someone who works with these day in day out hopefully will know Just don t want to buy and A if it s not compatible with M case and fittings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90946-Toshiba-Tecra-A10-series-motherboard-the-same-asTecra-M10-series-motherboard
Relevancy 29.24%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey,

I'm having to get a replacement motherboard as i have a fault on this one. It will be a like for like replacement (exactly the same) Will i have to reinstall Windows 8.1, or can i just plop it in and it will boot/load the drivers that are needed?

I wanted to ask, as people often changed it for a different motherboard (chipset/make)

Any help would be great!

A:Replacing motherboard for the same motherboard. Win 8.1

There's usually no need to reinstall Win8 even with different MBs.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/43813-replacing-motherboard-same-motherboard-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello.
I have read the forum on sysprep, however I see that there are some procedures which must be completed before the old HHD is removed and input into the new motherboard.

Problem is.....My old motherboard crashed and I cannot implement sysprep on the old system, how would I get along doing this if the hdd is not botting up on my new motherboard?

A:motherboard died and need new hdd on a new motherboard

For what it is worth, Windows 7 seems to be pretty tolerant of new motherboards. Quite a few people have reported here that they swapped boards, reconnected the old hard drive, and booted OK. Without using Sysprep.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/210374-motherboard-died-need-new-hdd-new-motherboard.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey to all the people seeing this! First of all thanks for viewing this thread ^^

Right, You may have seen my posts about a faulty motherboard not giving video, If not then it doesn't matter to much because this is the story:
I needed to replace a motherboard as the old one was bad.
The New motherboard came, Still no Video, Dead motherboard
Sending the faulty one back for a refund

NOW heres the dilemma:
I can't find the motherboard again so I'm going to replace it with another ones (make/model not yet decided) But how do I go about installing the drivers for the new one? I've searched Google yet the only thing I could find is being able to boot up the computer to un=install the old ones? Is there anyway to do this without booting it up prior to installing the new MOBO? Many thanks, Mark ^^

Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys

i just finished my build and i have no idea why i went for a motherboard with 2 slots for ram it can hold up to 16gb but luckly ebuyer sent me out an extra 4gb of kingston hyperx ram so i have 8gb all together but theres a problem theres 4 sticks !

obviously i wouldnt want to send it back so what do ya think either upgrade my motherboard and smash the extra 4 gb in there or keep to my original one i dont have money to blow atall im really struggling if its something that will really make a difference ill go with it if not then ill just keep to my original and when i come to buy a graphics card i will get a 2gb graphics card to help with gaming all i really do is gaming i dont really do anything else

thankyou for your time

A:Motherboard 4gb Max or change motherboard for 8gb ?

I'd go with 4 gigs until you had a major reason to believe it wasn't enough. If that ever happens, consider your next move. Most people do just fine with 4 gigs.

I considered 8 gigs on my 4 slot board but decided against it and don't regret it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/148979-motherboard-4gb-max-change-motherboard-8gb.html
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I was wondering what type of motherboard I have, I'm thinking about switching from the midsize case it came in to something a little bit bigger and flashier, but I'm not sure what my motherboard is to see if it's compatable with cases.( http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-desktop-amd-a10-series-12gb-memory-2tb-hard-drive-black/4362103.p...   My desktop)

Moderator comment: Model, based on item in link, added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-My-Motherboard/td-p/3313826
Relevancy 23.65%

Here s what happened I plugged in a USB-powered HDD enclosure into the front port of my case PSU gone? Motherboard or The add hardware wizard came up then the Motherboard or PSU gone? mouse and keyboard froze I turned the computer off and now when I turn it on everything is powered but nothing comes up Motherboard or PSU gone? on the screen not even the BIOS I can hear the computer powering up but it doesn t get the point after a few seconds where the power decreases and the motherboard beeps It just stays at Motherboard or PSU gone? what sounds like full power hope that makes sense Anyway I don t have a spare power supply to test and my friend says the PSU might be the problem I believe it s the motherboard though as the BIOS doesn t come up anymore but I couldn t smell any burning and there s no visible damage to it I want to replace the board but I don t want to go and find out it s not the problem Can anyone help and tell me that it s most likely the board from these symptoms I ve got a W Zalman PSU and an Asus M N Delux motherboard Thanks nbsp

A:Motherboard or PSU gone?

Have you unplugged the mouse/ keyboard and new HD and tried to boot again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-or-psu-gone.898019/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm buying a new computer, but it feels like I'm going cheap on the mobo. Am I? Should I get a better one or just stick with this one?

CPU: Intel i2500 CPU
Mobo: Asus P8P67 LE Motherboard
RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM
HDD: Seagate 500GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
Video: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX560 Ti 1GB
DVD: Asus DVD-RW SATA Drive
Case: Antec Three Hundred Case
PSU: Corsair 700W Power Supply

A:How is this motherboard?

There is not a thing wrong that I can see with that motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-is-this-motherboard.1028062/
Relevancy 23.65%

I need a new motherboard. Right now im running a 702GE Gateway, I need something similar with a little more pep to its step. I've never replaced a motherboard before, what problems should i look out for

Relevancy 23.65%

im not sure if this is the right forum for this.

i need to know what motherboard my pc has, a Packard Bell Club 77 (very old, about 200/2001). i cant find anything to tell me what motherboard it is, so is there a program that can tell me or does anyone happen to know?

thanks
gazza_d

EDIT - i am aware of a website than can detect the specs for your PC, does anyone know what the URL is?

A:Motherboard

A couple of suggestions

You can download Everest and see what info it gives you.

The Packard Bell UK site has a forum Packard Bell that might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard.336515/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I am planning on changing my MB and Chip when I do that would my HARD DISK, actually my OS will work with the new MB and chip, or I would have to reformat and reinstall? I am changing from Intel to AMD

A:Getting a new MotherBoard

What OS are you using?

If XP, all you need do is try to boot with the new configuration. If it won't boot, you'll need to do a repair installation. That will preserve all your programs and settings but build a new hardware configuration for your new hardware.

To do a repair installation:

All you do is boot from the CD. When it asks if you want to repair and to press "R", don't. Continue with the installation just like you were installing for the first time.

You will then get a license agreement and it will ask you to press F8 to agree. Right after that screen, you will see a list of Windows installations that setup found. It will ask if you want to repair it. Read the directions on that page!!!

Then, you will actually press "R" this time and XP will re-install. Easy as pie.

When done, you will be back to your familiar desktop with everything looking just like it did before. But all your Windows Updates are gone and you will need to get those again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-new-motherboard.247494/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi I am new and you might find that I am a bit computer stupid, I know some but not alot about them. I had reformatted my hard drive, but couldn't get windows installed, so my brother took my computer and installed windows ME on it, but he did not install the drivers for my motherboard ( all I know is it's a gigabyte mainboard with sound and video on it) he said I had the disk, but I cannot find it, he put this motherboard in it about 5 yrs ago so even if I did have it I am almost positive I wouldn't have it anymore, I have searched for the disk to no avail. I would like to know where I might be able to search online to find the drivers I need. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 23.65%

If you set up a motherboard with no CPU, ram or g-card and just some case fans and turn it on would it start e.g. Fan spin, world it beep or just stay silent

A:Motherboard with no CPU

if i understand what you're saying .... You put a working motherboard into a case with fans ... yes, the power supply should turn on, and the fans should spin, as long as you wired the case correctly to the motherboard. If your speaker is connected, you should hear beeping as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-with-no-cpu.551922/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I have a computer I was curious about updating a bit (specs - 640MB RAM, AMD Athlon 1.13 GHz, motherboard is MSI MS-6378).

My question is, how easy would it be to buy a new proccessor to replace the 1.13 GHz. I'd go for something like an AMD Ahtlon XP2500+ if I could, BUT I don't know how to work out what CPUs my mainboard supports.

I found this web page (http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=22&kind=1) showing the CPUs it supports, but in that chart how do I know what my PCB version is?

I'm really confused about all this stuff, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Relevancy 23.65%

I did something stupid and need your help My P computer won t turn on Here s what happened I had taken out the cd burner to use in another computer and was putting it back in this one When everything was hooked up I plugged in the power cord and reached around the back to turn on the power switch I hit the switch by accident and moved that over to I thought I had moved it back but I didn t check I pushed the rocker switch on the PSU to the on my Motherboard? I Did fry position and went downstairs I never powered up the computer I went downstairs and shortly after heard a noise and went upstairs to see what happened The power supply was smoking so I unplugged the power cord from the computer I fried the PSU I didn t know why until later but thought the computer should be ok since I never turned it on I got a new PSU and tested it so I know it s good but the computer does Did I fry my Motherboard? nothing when I push the on button in front Did I fry the motherboard too What are the chances other components are damaged Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Did I fry my Motherboard?

The chances of damaging your mobo is low IF you did NOT power on the PC when the PSU decided to die. I would check and dbl check your connections to the mobo, make sure you have the 4pin molex plugged in next to the CPU.

Do any fans come on? Does the PSU fan come on? Any Beeps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/did-i-fry-my-motherboard.48698/
Relevancy 23.65%

can any1 help ive got a new motherboard,the bios string is `MA-AV363B VER 1.1H 12/29/2000` i cant anywhere that does my board cause i need drivers etc,the board has a via kt133 chipset if that helps,,cheers..

A:motherboard

check here for chipset drivers, if you need a different driver please state which one, you motherboard supposedly is made by JAMA but I had no luck finding there site.
http://www.viatech.com/jsp/en/dr/driver.jsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard.48508/
Relevancy 23.65%

Do I have to buy Windows XP again? Somebody told me this is true? Please tell me it isnt. Thats rediculous. I dont want to pay $180 fee just to upgrade, I been waiting for this upgrade for years. I own Windows XP, why the hell cant I have it on my comp? It cant be true?

Relevancy 23.65%

I plan on building a new computer and I don't want to buy anything too expensive...but I want something that is pretty cheap but is a good gaming motherboard and it needs to be compatible with AMD. Can anyone help me?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-need-help.79242/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi, i was told my motherboard is broken by the computer shop, it is an ASRock Alive NF7G - HDready... all i know it is a sata hard drive on my pc , so i was wondering where to get a new one but cant find anywhere, so im looking for an alternative, could anyone advise me on which would be compatible with the above NF7G motherboard as im unsure and dont want to waste money .....or does it realy matter what motherboard i get from ASRock....

A:Help with motherboard

Where do you live? And what do you do with your pc?(play games, work...etc) And is your motherboard really broken? What are the symptoms?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-motherboard.133242/
Relevancy 23.65%

My Specs Motherboard ASUS P P Deluxe Video Card ATI All-In-Wonder Pro Ram GB Kingston I Bad motherboard RAM? or am having major problems with my computer Something is causing my hard disks to develop bad sectors I replaced the power supply to an Antec NeoHE watt and I bought a new surge protector Now I am getting video display problems to point that I cannot do anything on my computer The display is bad even on the startup screens and in BIOS My registry started having problems and I received an error in Event Viewer that something was corrupt and to do LODCTR r filename I tried a different hard disk video card and monitor I put in all new psu and SATA cables I Bad motherboard or RAM? plugged the SATA cable into the second SATA port I updated all drivers and the Intel chipset I updated the BIOS and reset CMOS and set BIOS to defaults I swapped the RAM to different slots and I checked all the connections on my motherboard My motherboard is still under warranty and ASUS has advised me to run MemTest- to Pass which I am doing right now The display is a mess black and Bad motherboard or RAM? blue vertical lines with some red boxes as well the letter V is in the blue lines but it looks like after Pass it has no errors So what do you guys think is wrong with my computer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Bad motherboard or RAM?

Gwen said:

My Specs:
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
Video Card: ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro
Ram: 1 GB, Kingston

I am having major problems with my computer. Something is causing my hard disks to develop bad sectors. I replaced the power supply to an Antec NeoHE 500 watt and I bought a new surge protector. Now I am getting video display problems to point that I cannot do anything on my computer. The display is bad even on the startup screens and in BIOS. My registry started having problems and I received an error in Event Viewer that something was corrupt and to do LODCTR /r:filename.

I tried a different hard disk, video card, and monitor. I put in all new psu and SATA cables. I plugged the SATA cable into the second SATA port. I updated all drivers and the Intel chipset. I updated the BIOS, and reset CMOS and set BIOS to defaults. I swapped the RAM to different slots and I checked all the connections on my motherboard.

My motherboard is still under warranty and ASUS has advised me to run MemTest-86 to Pass 7, which I am doing right now. The display is a mess (black and blue vertical lines with some red boxes as well; the letter V is in the blue lines), but it looks like after Pass 6, it has no errors.

So what do you guys think is wrong with my computer?

Thanks in advance!Click to expand...

A surge protector will not help in this case

Have you tried to reseat the graphic card?

Have you tried just the minamal things to start the compter/?

Motherboard, Harddrive, one stick of RAM, Graphic Card?

Have you tried removing the motherboard and putting it on a none-condutive material?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-motherboard-or-ram.47761/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am upgrading to a new Pentium PC and I need it for HD encoding I have bought an Intensity Blackmagic HDMI capture card and it needs a PCIe x or above card to run properly and fully I have found a motherboard that says it has xPCIe slots are these just for SLI though or can I run both my VGA PCIe card and the Capture card Below are links to the stats for both units To cut a long story short I just want to know if the motherboard will run the Intensity at full HD levels thanks Even though it says the slots are x PCIe I read somewhere this ? Will be motherboard ok that says if using both they become x PCIe which confuses me a bit Does this mean if I install the Intensity it will reduce my main Geforce card by half it is x or is this only if they were running in SLI mode Motherboard Abit FATALITY FP-IN SLI Socket NF i DDR ATX info http www ebuyer com customer prod hvd wcm Will this motherboard be ok ? kdWN X ZXJ aWV amp product uid Blackmagic Intensity info http www blackmagic-design com Will this motherboard be ok ? products intensity techspecs nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-this-motherboard-be-ok.558991/
Relevancy 23.65%

My motherboard Asus a7m266 is getting very hot and would like some suggestions as to cooling it. My CPU doesn't get hot, just my motherboard. I have two case fans, one positioned in the lower front and one positioned in the upper back...Airflow is going in from the front and out to the back - but it is just not cool enough for my motherboard. Any suggestions??

A:Hot Motherboard

Depends on what type of case you have now. Small cases tend to run hotter, if you have a midtower or bigger that shouldn't be an issue.
You can look around at this site http://www.3dcool.com for cooling alternatives.
Check out their cases and the way the side fans are installed.
I would think adding two fans to the side of your case and then a twin turbo bay fan pulling air out would take care of the problem.

Install the two new fans with grills and dust covers blowing in on the motherboard to keep the dirty out.

Or you could buy a case already modded out, there are some nice ones out there but I don't have any links at the moment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hot-motherboard.46371/
Relevancy 23.65%

I went to turn on my computer one day and I got three messages all saying the computer could not read all three of my drives then I got a message saying could not load OS. So I put my hard drive into my other Computer and it worked fine I even tried to put a different hard drive in the one that did not work and I got the same messages. I checked all connections and changed all the wires nothing seems to work am I missing something or is my motherboard bad? Help please

A:Is my motherboard bad?

Can you give a little bit more info. Such as how old your MOBO is, and how long has it worked since this happend?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-motherboard-bad.79686/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys,

I wonder if you could help?

I'm trying to find out if I can get a new motherboard for my PC. My current one has an Intel Socket 775 and my processor is a Pentium 4 3.2GHZ. I don't mind at all if different new RAM is required because of the new board.

I can work out for myself if the board I'm looking at has the right internal connections for all my drives etc. I just wondered if there was anything I was missing? Given that the install of new RAM isn't a problem, is all I need to know to get the right board that it must have an Intel Socket 775? I know that new boards that have the right Socket can work even if they have different chipsets.

Thanks very much indeed,

Dan.

Relevancy 23.65%

I need some help installing a motherboard. The problem is my computer won't turn on. I think its the power switch from my case power botton to the mobo connectors. So I need some help installing those. Along with installing the front USB. E-mail if u want to see the problem ( i send pic) thank you.
Email- [email protected]
Mobo- PC Chips Model- M960G

A:Motherboard Help

Disconnect all the wires from the front panel and replace them carefully. If you look in your mobo manual it will show you which wires go where.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-help.25261/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hola As some of you may remember, I had a couple of motherboards blow up a few months ago. I haven't replaced my personal one yet (replaced the other one with an ACORP 4PM266AM as it was a rush job), but would like some recommendations for mine I need to use the same cpu for now as the board I had, an ECS P4VXASD2+

I tried to order one of those today, but they were out of stock, so I guess I could google around and find another one, it was about $50 which included about $10 shipping charge.

I have noticed that some of the newer boards will accept the 2.4 cpu and even higher, up to 3. something, which may or may not be a bad idea. Thoughts?

BTW, I have 2 DDR 512 PC2100 ram chips that I have to use too

Relevancy 23.65%

How do I find out the model on my motherboard. I'd prefer to do it without having to open up my computer.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 23.65%

Are you able to upgrade JUST the motherboard on a desktop. (say go from pentium 2 to pentium 4?) without having to upgrade anything else? And please don't give me just a yes or no answer.....

Relevancy 23.65%

My friends Acer Aspire x was getting various errors in Windows I did Bad Motherboard? not write them down but they indicated hdd problem bad media I did a system restore from hdd partition factory default About through the restore I get BSOD about invalid media I ordered system recovery discs from Acer Again halfway through the restore from disc I got BSOD this time the error codes were different either memory or motherboard I moved the memory sticks around and now the computer does nothing even when I put them back to orginal use Bad Motherboard? one stick only use different memory When I plug in the power cord the fans come on then stop come on again and stop this goes on non-stop Pressing the power button does nothing I cannot get to setup or boot menu F keys or the BIOS At first it looked like a bad hdd and now it looks like a bad motherboard What can I do nbsp

Relevancy 23.65%

Hey all, I'm looking to get a new motherboard for my computer to get rid of a DFI with a VIA chipset (eww). I would like to know everyone's favorite motherboard. The motherboard must be P4 3GHz Socket 478 compatible and an Intel Chipset.

Or maybe even if not an intel chipset, just a really, really really good motherboard. I'm having trouble deciding on a good one. I hear Asus is really good, anyone have any special Asus models they know of????

Thanks

Relevancy 23.65%

Hi everyone I had just replaced my old mobo processor and system memory the old one was having the same problem I have right now Well the system both? CPU or Motherboard or worked fine for about a week installed OS windows XP Pro updated completely the CPU is a P FSB then two days ago turned it on and the keyboard didn t respond though the computer booted up i got to the windows log-in screen Well I remove the case from the cabinet opened it up to check connections closed back and Motherboard or CPU or both? reconnect when I try to turn it on it didn t Now I replaced the case with a bigger power supply and all i got now is the fan from the power supply the fan from the Motherboard or CPU or both? CPU and the chasis fan working when I plug in the power The computer s power hasn t been pushed yet I havent yet Motherboard or CPU or both? push it to turn the computer on And when i do nothing happens though So I suspect I kind of wish that the probelm resides in the mobo Any suggestions what the problem might be Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Motherboard or CPU or both?

After changing the PSU, did you connect that square 4-pin cable from PSU to motherboard again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-or-cpu-or-both.25861/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just purchased a PX865PE7/PRO Motherboard an Intel Pentium 4 2.66 LGA775 processor 506+ and 2 PNY 512 PC3200 memory sticks (Part# D512MPC320PT).

when I tried to boot up the system there is power to the motherboard but the IDE drives do not power up when the IDE cables are connected. The CPU fan turns on so I know there is power.

If I unplug the IDE cables (ALL OF THEM) then the drives power up.

Do you have any suggestions on why the drives are not powering up?

Thanks,
Marc

Relevancy 23.65%

So my computer is self built and has worked fine for the better part of a year Yesterday I noticed something really bad my games were running like they were in Slow Motion at first I thought it was the video card nope card is fine the VC tech pointed me to a possible memory problem I ran a memory test and they Bad Motherboard? seemed to be working fine I decided to maybe try to re-seat the memory I popped each one out carefully and re-seated them Now my computer will not boot at all I turn it on and the fans spin up the lights come on but my monitor stay blank I tried pulling all the memory out and booting it one stick at a time with the same results blank monitor Like I Bad Motherboard? said it was running fine till yesterday I have a Intel i quad core ghz gigs Super Talent DDR Triple channel ram watt Power supply Gigabyte x -usb mother board Nvidia GTX graphics card Again it was workign fine till I popped the memory and re-seated them now it s dead One last bit as it was acting up yesterday I popped my Graphics card and re-seated it and it APPEARED to fix the problem only to have it happen again today games moving in slo-motion I m really torn between it being my memory or my mother board I know there is an outside chance of it being my Power supply but everything else is getting power nbsp

A:Bad Motherboard?

So funny thing.... I took the memory from my wife's computer and placed it in mine... my computer booted up without a problem..... I figured... GOT IT MY MEMORY IS BAD!!!! Still to double check I placed my Memory into my wife's computer one at a time............ ALL THREE WORK FINE..... WTF!!!!! LOL anyways.... I'm going to let my wife keep my 6 gigs worth and take he 4 gigs for now.. I'm going to get 2 more sticks next week to bump me up to 8 gigs which is more then what I need right now. anyways... if anyone has any ideas of WTF is going on Let me know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-motherboard.1014807/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

I'm looking for a ATX motherboard that fits in U4 server rack http://www.chieftec.com/unc-410s-b.html , so what motherboard you guys suggest me,

needed specs:
2 1gb on board LAN
integrated video
few pc-x slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-new-motherboard.912431/
Relevancy 23.65%

I keep hearing people about upgrading drivers for your motherboard, how do I find out what kind of motherboard I have and where I can find drivers ?

Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys so I ran into a little issue My little brother was drunk and tried to plug in his old hard drive into my computer while it was still on Needless to say as he was plugging the power cable in the computer just shut off So I tried to turn it back on no power whatsoever then I went out and got a new power supply it turned on but no display on the monitor no beeps nothing So Motherboard? then I took my ram out and put different ram in still nothing then I took the ram out completely still nothing then I ran just the board and the necessities no drives at all still nothing Also when I plus my hard drive into other computers they won t boot I run the windows boot repair dealy says it can t repair it Also I m certain my ram is destroyed Motherboard? when I put my ram into my other computer it suddenly has the same exact symptoms no beep no display nothing then I simply put the old ram back in it and it went straight back to normal So my question is should I just go ahead and accept the fact it s the board or could something else be at play here P S I ve looked at the board a billion times can t see any signs of burning leaking or anything like that still looks brand new Thanks Jonny P S S The board is a Gigabyte GA-MA LM-S H the ram is Kingston HyperX DDR nbsp

Relevancy 23.65%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127017

This mobo says that both DDR and DDR2 can be used. Does anyone know if they can be used at the same time?

Relevancy 23.65%

What is the fastest processor that this Matsonic MS8137C motherboard can handle? I have searched and searched and searched but have nto been able to find maxium CPU speed.

A:Which CPU would be best for this motherboard?

You Bet

Product Type Mainboard
Form Factor ATX
Width 30.4 cm
Depth 24 cm
Compatible Processors Athlon, Duron, Athlon XP<<<<<<<<<<<
Processor Socket Socket A
Chipset Type VIA Apollo KT266A
Max Bus Speed 266 MHz<<<<<<<<<<<
BIOS Type Award
Storage Controller ATA-100
Click Here
It appears a 2600+ x 266fsb is the max

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-cpu-would-be-best-for-this-motherboard.28809/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an Epox EP-5BVPXB motherboard with a Pentium II processor which EPOX says is obsolete. They recommended a Socket A or Pentium 4 motherboard as a replacement. Could anyone explain what these are and what do I look for when purchasing a new MB? Does the processor come with the MB? In this area MBs, I am not very literate. Thanks to all.

Relevancy 23.65%

So I installed Bad CPU Motherboard? and/or an after market heatsink on my one month motherboard system EVGA I I tried to start windows but it would shut down before fully starting windows I restarted my computer about five times before it dawned on me that my processor was overheating duh I removed my side Bad CPU and/or Motherboard? panel and saw that one of the four clips Bad CPU and/or Motherboard? for my heatsink was loose I removed the new heatsink reapplied my Arctic Silver and correctly mounted and installed the heatsink When I went to start the system up it would Bad CPU and/or Motherboard? not even post I again removed the heatsink and processor to check for problems Upon examination I found a very small amount of AS on the bottom of my processor I gently cleaned my processor and motherboard pins but to no avail It looks like my CPU is toast but what are the chances that I fried the mobo too Could the AS have shorted my mobo because it does have silver in it which is able to conduct electricity I would like to know a chance if possible for frying my mobo processor and both Thanks for you time everyone nbsp

Relevancy 23.65%

Is it okay to purchase a DF motherboard and put it into my laptop presario 2535qv it is a replacement for the other one but still will not boot up.

A:DF motherboard

Are you an experienced computer tech? There is a lot to consider when you attempt to replace a laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/df-motherboard.123521/
Relevancy 23.65%

To Whom it may Concern I am having problems with my SY- EMA V motherboard I have had a PC entirely built for about year now using this motherboard All of Motherboard help! a sudden yesterday as I was taking a Motherboard help! break from my PC which was still running I came back only to find that my monitor was no longer displaying anything When I opened up the PC everything seemed to be connected properly A weird symptom was that the hard drive and CD-ROM which are both connected to IDE were not receiving any power After removing the data cable to IDE on the motherboard they received power again This led me to believe that there was something wrong with the motherboard and not any peripherals I don t hear any beeps and I assume that the motherboard is properly grounded so what else could it be My CPU is not overclocked and it is an AMD Mhz Please help Thank You nbsp

A:Motherboard help!

Has the problem happened again? Are your advanced power settings set to turn off hard disks, and moniter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-help.40060/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi Guys I am having a bit of a nightmare I bought a gigabyte motherboard NForce Ultra as I wanted to make the transition to a Bit Athlon and a PCI Express Graphics Card GT However nothing has gone right I have a raid Sata Raid set up on My presnt system which works fine I done the change of m board got everything nice and neat and then the probs started I created a new Raid started the Motherboard?? XP installation got as far as copying files and the pc blue screened on me Ok started again and while copying the installation files an error came up saying it could not copy a file needed and set up wil now end Started again got to a different percentage this time and an error came up again and set up ended Started again copying files and the PC blue screened on me Took the raid off in case it had some thing to do with that same problem Ok totally removed the satas and plugged in an IDE drive Motherboard?? in case it was a faulty sata exactly the same problem XP will just not install I tried and tried and tried I am desparate for the Motherboard?? PC as I am in Uni I took all the new mobo out put the other back in created a new raid set up bang the whole thing was up and running in - min am typing to you on it now Is it the m board or mebbe the Athlon I am just lost As I said XP would just not install any way I tried with the Gigabyte Mobo so I want to know whether to send it back Totally gutted Cheers Gus nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard.434964/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay i have been intrested in buying a new motherboard, I had an asus a7n8x delux for awhile but just decided i wanted a new board the two main boards im am looking at are the GIGABYTE "GA-7NNXP" or the MSI "K7N2 Delta2 Platinum" i've heard alot of good things about the msi but not much good about the gigabyte and the gigabyte is almost 2 the price and doesn't have much more and also doesn't have very good reviews so i thought i would post on here to get some real opinions on the boards i will be running a athlon xp 3000 on it. Any help and opinions would be gladly appreciated.

A:Which Motherboard?

Don't know who you been talking to but the last four Gigabyte boards I've built with are still running and one of them is six years old. MSI are also good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-motherboard.265211/
Relevancy 23.65%

Its been awhile since I built my last rig. My specs are above. Now I feel its time for me to upgrade.

I want a faster cpu and therefore I need a new motherboard . I would also like to keep as much of my current equipment as possible to hold down costs

I need a New Motherboard that uses DDR1 RAM, IDE and SATA outlets and PCI and AGP slots?

How much of this is possible on a dual core cpu?

A:Can You help me with a new Motherboard?

Maybe you should start from scratch and build a totally new computer. For stuff like GTA4 etc etc etc I would rather go for the new mobo's(pci-e slot). You can go for AMD Phenom II cpu's and Radeon HD 5770,5850,5870 series GPU's. You talk about upgrade, so in that line I would bounce away from the older stuff(like agp cards) and build new from scratch

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-help-me-with-a-new-motherboard.912425/
Relevancy 23.65%

which one of these is a better one and what would be a good cpu to go with it for under 100.00
ASUS "A7V600-X" KT600 Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU or PENTIUM 4 S478 MOTHERBOARD LAN SOUND FIREWIRE ATA/133 P

Relevancy 23.65%

ok im building my first pc and i have looked on the internet and have found 3 motherboards but i dont know which one to choose and im hoping someone can help me, the motherboards are - Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe, Gigabyte GA7vm400M-RZ and MSI KM4M-V SKT A 8xAGP Onboard VGA/Sound.

A:which motherboard is best

Howdy!

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe,
I'm running Amd 2700+ atholon
And luv it!
Lots of features...
G'Luck deciding!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-motherboard-is-best.29512/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi everyone, im looking for a motherboard for the pc im building that will accept an amd athlon 64 3000+ S939 OEM can anyone help me out. please

A:looking for motherboard

Can we assume your case takes an ATX motherboard?

Budget, or performance? What is the priority here? Will this be a gaming computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-motherboard.29459/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys, I've got a ASRock P4S61.
After much looking about I'd like to upgrade my graphics and memory.
So I downloaded AIDA32 to find out my memory and my graphics card is onboard.

So basically I'm wondering if this motherboard will allow me to use a good graphics card on it?
I've been thinking of buying a high end graphics card but I don't know if my motherboard would cope with it.

Thanks guys,
-B

A:Motherboard

That's a fairly old board.
It has a 8X AGP video card slot.
It won't run as well as todays PCI Express 2.0 cards but you
can use a 8x AGP video card.
Still much better than onboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard.915817/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have the xfx 750a sli mother board right now but the overclocking abilitiys arent that good so im thinkin about returning it but i want another one but dont know whats the best one for the price. Im looking for one under 200 possible under 150 and its for Amd phenom x3 and might upgrade to phenom 2 And right now i have a gtx285 and plan on sli'ing it in future. What would u recommend for me?

A:New Motherboard Help

this for sli - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131343
this best amd board right now - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131339 but its crossfire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-help.120668/
Relevancy 23.65%

I hope this is one some one can answer soon. What is the cause A continues screech from when the MB speaker when booting the first time on this MB?
OK I answered my own question, when I open the case and looked, I had missed plugging in the video card. Just a note for anyone else looking for the same question or answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/p5q-motherboard.120745/