Windows Support Forum

RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

Q: RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

First post hope my title was clear enough I was conflicted wither to post this in the gaming CRASH reset DOT RED to of 5-10 gameplay - hard minuets have After section or here since I originally got RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset bsod errors with ths problem I'll post them here PC Specs CPU -Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GH GPU - GTX Ti Motherboard - H M-DGS OS - windows - The game I was playing was injustice gods among us I have uni stalled and reinstalled the game times lowered the settings still get crash - minuets - I tried other games the same problem still occurs with the - minuet mar approx - this is on my second clean install - so I don't think it is a hardware problem Long story short I use to get driver has failed error massages when I play a game for - minuets I Use a Dual monitor set up VGA and HDMI threw the graphics card changed the cable of the monitors same problem persists when i installed drivers i used clean install download drivers from NVIDIA website I tried using geforce experience to latest drivers still get same crash So first I used the DDU method threw safe mode of uninstall and reinstalling the latest drivers then windows update for other drivers Next I Clean installed a previous driver same massage appeared again some times the PC would freeze up with red like patterns on screen did ddu method again but this time updated graphics drivers threw windows update and use them same problem happened At these phase I did these two steps interchangeable around about - times if i recall now I seemingly don't get drivers failed just a flash of red dots around the - minuet mark aprox if am lucky only the game will stop and I can exit threw pressing start tab and using task manger to close game If am not PC freeze up - then it is a hard rest for me - At this point threw countless forum prowling I found that maybe its the temps so I used msi afterburner fan control and under clocked my card then played the game same crash happens did this quite abit to see if it was wrong settings even put the fan to max while playing same crash happens within that specific - minuet mark I uninstalled msi after burner And use Speed-fan to grab Pc temps I given examples of temps before and after I play game Attachment Attachment Example of pc specs on BiOS PC Voltage I change the fan settings from full On to automatic and back again still get crashing Hope I can get some insight into this problem

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61097-red-dot-crash-after-5-10-minuets-gameplay-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: RED DOT CRASH After 5-10 minuets of gameplay - have to hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.79%

so, for a while now ive been experiencing often crashing, followed by a hard reset... and i cant locate the problem, though it only seems to happen when playing video on winamp, any ideas?

A:crash and hard reset for no aparant reason

hmmm just happened in firefox...:(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crash-and-hard-reset-for-no-aparant-reason-169974.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have had this problem for over months but I just let it go and reboot my computer and just replay But it has gotten so about Crash gameplay minutes 30 after of ! annoying that I have to Crash after about 30 minutes of gameplay ! constantly reboot my computer every minutes What happens during the crash is pretty much the entire computer starts to glitch up mouse starts to hang and freeze The screen becomes cracked and pixelated The sound starts to become distorted and static-y to the point where it hurts my ears When trying to start up a new application it just hangs and never opens anything Only after I do a full reboot will the computer act normal again If I'm using the computer for normal usage and not playing any sort of games then it never crashes I have been trying to play SC HoS but have had a horrible time since my computer keeps crashing every minutes Any ideas I'm currently running a AMD Phenom II X Black Edition with an nVidia GeForce GTX Ti

A:Crash after about 30 minutes of gameplay !

Hi try reinstalling or updating your video driver and go to the motherboard makers support site and do the same for your sound driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-after-about-30-minutes-of-gameplay-690092.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi there Sorry its my first time on a forum website normally i troubleshoot all of my issues myself but so far nothing has helped to sort this issue and it has been going on now for approx - months Ok where to begin basically the issue is revolved around gaming gameplay down/crash PC random during shut but i have had it every now and then during casual browsing on the internet Basically I used to play league of legends and have started to play world of warcraft again now the issue is while in gameplay the computer would just shut down other times it would crash and have multiple lines going accross PC random shut down/crash during gameplay the screen but recently now it has just been pure shutoffs They dont appear to happen after a specific time sometimes the pc is fine for hour and then crashes other times its good for hours and others minutes and BAM crashed I have tried to clean install the OS to no result i have uninstalled and reinstalled the device drivers i have checked the temperatures during the issues cpu peaks at about mobo at approx nothing is overclocked on the system i have used event viewer but to no avail of the issue only one which was a disabled windows service which has since been re-enabled edit just to quickly add i have also tried replacing the ram into different slots i have gb to see if they were the issue and cleaned out the tower etc using compressed air Is there any chance you would be able to help me I am running Windows apologies if i have omitted important information as i said this is my first time doing something like this Many thanks Joshua Ad

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628062/pc-random-shut-downcrash-during-gameplay/
Relevancy 60.2%

whenever I try to play the game crashes during the loading screen before the game or during the game before the coin toss. or when iam right in the middle of a game in superstar mode
always happens in gameplay plz help thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2012 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 7 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 292885 MB, Free - 112966 MB; F: Total - 12317 MB, Free - 5260 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 018D1Y
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:madden 07 crash in gameplay every time

Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 7 Mb

Is this right?

In any rate it looks like your computer is old and has Windows 7.... You may need Windows XP compatibility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/madden-07-crash-in-gameplay-every-time.1076342/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

I have recently put together a custom computer for the first time. While I play any game, the GPU will randomly crash. turning the screen black. I can end the process through task manager, but at that point I must then restart the computer or the next time I launch something that uses the GPU, I will get a BSOD. I also have the very latest drivers for my R9 200 radeon.

Ive tryed multiple things to fix the issue and I am getting desperate. I am pretty sure that it is a driver issue and not a "bad card" issue and I do not wish to waste time RMAing a working card just to have the same problem again.

Thank you so much.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384957-crash-bsod-after-several-minutes-gameplay-any-game.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

2-3 minutes into gamplay my pc will show a black screen, the pc appears to still be on, but non functional,

I cannot access the desktop or task manager,

I have run the dxdiag,

I have posted this to the games manufacturer, but they have insisted its computer problem, and nothing to do with their game,

The game is World Of Tanks, and they have advised me to run a DxDiag, which I uploaded to them -

Is their any settings i can change on my computer to stop this from happening ?

Many Thanks

Stuart

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/399598-2-3-minutes-into-gameplay-pc-will-crash-not-turn-off-just-black-scr.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys So I've (Illegible) BSOD * Gameplay Crash Distorted During been at it troubleshooting this problem for about months now It all started with my i mobo frying literally smoke came off the SB and I got an RMA I Crash * Distorted (Illegible) BSOD During Gameplay swapped it out with a i FTW they sent me and was able to OC pretty significantly on it which i was happy with I even OC'd my GPU gtx by and everything was stable Ran Prime for hours with no errors and also ran MemTest for gt hrs for coverage with no errors Everything runs great except that consistently while I'm playing Starcraft I'm an aspiring esports competitor it crashes in the middle of games Screen freezes blacks out sounds goes into infinite stutter - until I hard reboot I then started down the Rabbit's hole to fix it -Temps CPU IDLE LOAD C GPU C Sustained Load SPP MCP C Sustained Load - Great temps considering OC I have great case airflow amp heatsinks no problems there - Remove all OC - Reset Stock Clock Volt Settings on all components - Decreased Graphics settings to low everything in Starcraft - PCIe to mhz - Decreased Increased NB amp SB Voltage - Added fans pointing directly at the NB amp SB heatsinks - these have dropped in temp by C with fans - Changed timings amp voltage on RAM to manually match factory specs - Changed BIOS settings entirely to a full list of settings posted on a forum that some people were having success with - Swapped out the x GB G Skill Ripjaw for x GB Crucial Ballistix - Reseated all cables - Unplugged mini-card reader this was suggested in another thread and actually seemed to help some people oddly - not me tho - Flashed BIOS to most recent version SZ - updated to most recent graphics audio and chipset drivers Nothing worked It kept crashing My instincts really do tell me its a graphics issue considering the screen turns off for most freezes The only other correlation that I could note was that it started crashing right after I installed SP I then continued to try - Tried doing a system restore before SP but apparently the system restore file got corrupted so I couldn't do that Instead I 'uninstalled' SP amp all windows updates from that day via control panel - gt programs and features - gt view installed updates top left corner of window - gt r-click desired update to uninstall it - turning off background CPU GPU Samplers and all other bg progs some people were saying that evga precision or coretemp had some stability issues with Windows SP - Disabled hardware flash acceleration - repair install of SC - disk check - update all drivers multiple times both installing directly over current and also using Driver Cleaner AND Driver Sweeper - Video Audio Chipset - reverted to older editions of drivers - all in-game settings to low - uninstall and reinstall AVG Nothing worked so I went out and bought a new GPU - ti IT CRASHED AGAIN I reinstalled video amp audio drivers Still crashed Final step Reinstall Chipset drivers directly over current SUCCESS No more crashes Thank God That ran for like weeks without crashes and I avoided reinstalling SP too just in case there were some driver incompatibilities for whatever reason Just recently installed SP again No crashes for days even during long - hour gaming sessions Then last night it crashed twice again There never were logs in the Event Viewer I checked after every reboot but this time there was a feint distorted image of a BSOD still no eventviewer log tho thus I decided to come here to hopefully get some more eyes on it Current System Specs Windows Ultimate x OEM but I installed it - age yo Mobo EVGA i FTW RMA for an old i this board is less than mo old RAM GB G Skill DDR x GB running GB Crucial Ballistix DDR x GB running lt mo old CPU Q GHz gt years old w TRUE GPU nVidia ti stock lt mo old HDD Intel GB SSD boot and starcraft install lt mo old Thanks in advance sorry this was so long but I figure the more info the better in troubleshooting this thing I just want it run smoothly

A:Crash * Distorted (Illegible) BSOD During Gameplay

Hello surfsk8snow.

I did not find any dump file in your CrashDocs.zip attachment. To make sure you have it enabled check this tutorial (Link)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
FredeGail

Quote:
We want to be able to help you, but we need more information about your computer, and some .dmp files that'll allow us to troubleshoot and debug your problem. Your tutorial is given below.

Blue Screen of Death - Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182107-crash-distorted-illegible-bsod-during-gameplay.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am posting for a friend of mine who has barely a clue about computers He just knows basic things and can follow basic instructions that come with most products Anyways he has just recently bought a terabyte SATA drive He replaced his gigabyte one with it and then to SATA Second drive crash during gameplay causes computer re-hooked up the gig along with the second one So now both are running He says his computer quot senses quot both drives though he did not go into detail about them being in device manager or if he reformatted them or even if he used Second SATA drive causes computer to crash during gameplay the instructions that came with it but the only complication is that when he goes to play a quot stressful quot non-online video game his computer crashes And when he tries to move a folder or file from one to the other the computer slows down and then the bar I m guessing he means the bar that shows the percentage of the file folder that is being moved towards it s completion will slow as well and then abruptly stop towards the end Here s where he would just turn the computer off It also seems that whenever he unplugs the gig his computer works just fine I do not have many details as it was a brief discussion on the phone If you will need more information I will be happy to try to retrieve as much as I can from him as that is quite understandable He runs windows and both drives are SATA s I do not have anymore information on his specs other than that But again it was a brief discussion on the phone I can reach him via his email to retrieve anymore information if needed I have recently switched my schedule so I do not have any physical social interactions with him but I do keep in touch electronically Thank you for your time consideration and above all your patience -SATAfriend nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-sata-drive-causes-computer-to-crash-during-gameplay.868958/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am at a complete loss here and will take on any advice anyone baffling lose crash gameplay - during Monitors signal gives as i really don t know what to do Sorry if this turns out to be a wall of text but there s a lot to say as my problem is a bit of an ongoing saga About a year and a bit ago my old computer started having troubles when playing some games the monitors would lose signal and i would have to restart to get it to respond Not only this but sometimes when just browsing the internet it would lock up and i would have to restart I tried all Monitors lose signal during gameplay - baffling crash sorts Monitors lose signal during gameplay - baffling crash of things but nothing fixed it and i thought it was high time for new system so i bought one This new computer arrived i installed my wireless card and went about installing some games and putting my Monitors lose signal during gameplay - baffling crash backed up data music work etc onto its hard disk However some games not all would cause the monitors to go blank and i would have to restart I spent quite a lot of time on the phone to the manufacturers and after reformatting and having more problems i eventually returned the system and was refunded I then bought a new system my current one a Packard Bell iXtreme I decided not to install my wireless card this time and bought a USB wireless adapter to save tinkering around with the computer s insides After a couple of months i installed Command and Conquer and the crashes started happening again They had only happened on this game thus far so i tired updating drivers and version etc but decided to cut my losses and leave it Since then the crashes started occuring on Eve Online Shattered Horizons Men of War and very rarely on CoD and Mass Effect They never happened on any Half Life games including TF nor did they occur when playing Empire Total War The system would crash without fail when playing C amp C and thus i used this to test whether any solutions i tried to put in place worked Eve Online would go through phases sometimes the crash would not occur for days sometimes over and over until i had to get a friend to change my location just to stop it happening so frequently In this case it was as if something being displayed graphically was causing the problem - i remember loading the game minimising for a few minutes then as soon as i would maximise it would crash Anywho i took this computer to the tech desk where i bought it and they ran all their lil hardware checks even saw the crash when i told them to run C amp C but said all the hardware was fine and it must be a software problem Therefore i updated to windows which did not fix the problem so then reformatted The first thing i did after the reformat was install C amp C and low and behold it crashed I then contacted the support again who sent a man to replace the GFX card which also did not solve the problem I also upgraded the PSU which didnt fix it either A month or so ago the computer locked up when browsing the internet and on reboot failed to POST I took it back to the shop they said it was the motherboard i replaced the motherboard and the computer would not boot I then bought a new hard disk and everything was working again But the monitors still lose signal at random times when playing some games Just as another lil bit of info that might help sometimes when the computer was just about to crash there would be a big blacky orangey multicoloured horizontal line about an inches think flash up on the screen a split second before the screens go blank i run dual monitors Things i have tried Monitoring temperature of both CPU and GPU - neither go above average at time of crash i run my PC with the case open just in case The crash would happen after hours of the system running or straight from cold both extremes and everywhere in between Updated rolled back deep-cleaned with driver cleaner and reinstalled GFX drivers Reformatted Updated to Windows Run countless an... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

A hard freeze occours during gameplay accompanied by a buzzing sound if sound was present during the freeze The computer becomes non-responsive and the only option available is to crash it This started last week and has so far effected all games I ve attempted to run all games worked perfectly before Laptop ASUS G SW-A O S Windows Home Premium CPU Intel I - QM GHz GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX M GB DriectX Version RAM GB HDD GB I ve combed through error reports but this issue doesn t seem to generate any and the only events relating to this is for the hard shutdown All my drivers are up to date and have been for ages before this occoured I ve had this laptop for a few mouths now with no problems this just started last week The only abnormal thing that happened prior to this is a windows update Concidering a botched update I precceeded to download and install all current updates but it didn t fix the issue So far Hard During Freeze Gameplay I ve tried two games both suffering the same error I have concidered trying other games but have been reluctant to do so Games Black and White Sims I ve googled this issue in an attempt to find a solution but all Hard Freeze During Gameplay problems matching this in almost every detail seem to be occouring with new installations of windows on desktop computers I really don t know what is causing this but I want it fixed What s the good of a new gaming laptop if I won t play games Please someone help me nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My computer is having trouble playing the Lego Hard During Gameplay Computer Needs Reboot Up Locks Star Wars game Computer Locks Up During Gameplay Needs Hard Reboot after being patched as is the Fantastic game I have upgraded drivers lowered graphics setting and done most everything a sub-expert user can do at a time like this I am including my latest hijackthis log to see if anyone can help Like I said i have tried just about everything and my games still crash my machine They go into a loop and don't go out to the desktop They just hang while you are playing the game and ctrl-alt-del doesn't get you out I downloaded new drivers form nvidia last night and I am trying the ones from major geeks today Also my computer generally runs slow so maybe someone can find out why Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYSC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UAService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC Program Files Common Files Motive MotiveBrowser exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC WINDOWS CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia MAIN ATISched EXEC Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIRW exeC Program Files ATI Multimedia main ATIDtct EXEC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn YTBSDK exeC PROGRA WinZip winzip exeC unzipped hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D... Read more

A:Computer Locks Up During Gameplay Needs Hard Reboot

I moved hijackthis to program files and ran a new scan. here are teh results.Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 4:37:26 PM, on 2/20/2007Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\New Boundary\PrismXL\PRISMXL.SYSC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService7.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\Shared Files\Module Loader\DLLML.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\MotiveBrowser.exeC:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\Program Files\Digital Media Reader\shwiconem.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exeC:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exeC:\Program Files\HP\hpcoretech\hpcmpmgr.exeC:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exeC:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\Surround Mixer\CTSysVol.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy4\DVDAudio\CTDVDDET.EXEC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exeC:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.0\Apps\apdproxy.exeC:\WINDOWS\CTHELPER.EXEC:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exeC:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MAIN\ATISched.EXEC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\RemCtrl\ATIRW.exeC:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIDtct.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exeC:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exeC:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkCalRem.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exeC:\unzipped\RootkitRevealer[1]\RootkitRevealer.exeC:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\RZFAT.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeC:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn1\YTBSDK.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exeC:\WINDOWS\explorer.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exeC:\Program Files\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81998/computer-locks-up-during-gameplay-needs-hard-reboot/
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been beating this computer up for about a week now and while I've amassed enormous reference material about solving various problems and inconsistencies within Vista Vista gameplay, reboot hard during Freezes needs 64 none have yet actually solved my problem The problem is thus Moments after starting or loading a game WoW Spore BF Etc the entire system just freezes and can only be restarted after a hard boot If I don't load a game it is basically stable My first thought was a video issue but I purchased a new GeForce GT and installed the guru d drivers the problem persisted with stock nvidia drivers so I've ruled out video drivers Vista 64 Freezes during gameplay, needs hard reboot having used sets of video drivers with video cards I upgraded to a W power supply since for some reason Gateway still uses W PSU but the problem persists I've updated all drivers from manufacturer's website and reinstalled the OS I've run full integrity checks on the HDD and RAM and I can't find a BIOS update for the foxconn RS motherboard I've tweaked BIOS settings and reset them to optimal defaults I've swapped out the RAM and tried using different channels I've scoured over the event viewer but since it 'freezes' I don't get a crash report only the usual error after reboot that 'recovered from an unexpected shutdown' I guess my question is does anyone know of a BIOS update solution for this motherboard or how can i 'record' the activities of my PC so that I can see exactly what causes the freeze to occur Any help is greatly appreciated thanks Computer Model GT Computer Manufacturer Gateway OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate C Windows Device Harddisk Partition OS Version System Type x -based PC Total Vista 64 Freezes during gameplay, needs hard reboot Physical Memory MB Windows Directory C Windows BIOS Version Default System BIOS CPU AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Resolution x x colors

A:Vista 64 Freezes during gameplay, needs hard reboot

If i'm suspectings its a PSU problem, is there a way to test how much it needs before purchasing one?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180772-vista-64-freezes-during-gameplay-needs-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.89%

A little backdrop for my situation. Built this computer 3 days ago, everything went smooth and fine, booted up, installed windows, life was good. I installed and updated drivers and bios to the best of my ability, and started to install steam/ventrilo. Then the problems happened. Homefront and Fear3 kept BSOD'ing while it was loading. Now the problem happens every 15 minuets or so. I'm suspecting GPU because although everything else is relatively new, the card is not (GTX 260).

Memtest86, prime95, sfc /scannow, driver verifier, chkdsk, all checked out fine.

Attached are the dumps.

Thanks for the help and your time.

A:BSOD every 15 minuets or so 0x116, 3b, 101

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216512-bsod-every-15-minuets-so-0x116-3b-101-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am going to need help I dont have much time before this laptop freezes again like the description says my laptop freezes after startup so 10 startup windows after freezes minuets it doesnt give me time to run a virus scan defragment or anything I really need help on this one Thank you alright for more quick information as for admin controls my hands are tied on that one I am using a lease laptop from the college so I cant go to safe mode without windows freezes 10 minuets after startup the password to the laptop itself I have to log in to the college domain from this laptop the laptop is a windows xp professional and this had never happened before it was working fine like it has for the past months until out of nowhere this freezing started I cant figure it out because of the time I have on before it freezes again ok another thing I figured out I ended a bunch of random processes on task manager which increased my time on the laptop to - minuets before freezing well I had disables all the processes but I still have the same problem now it has gotten worse it went back down to minuets before freezing Please I have exhausted all of my options

A:windows freezes 10 minuets after startup

d/load and run the h/drive makers diagnostic utility on the h/drive

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

use the hatachi one

if it comes up clear run

chkdsk /r

run memtest on the ram 1 stick at a time

http://www.memtest.org/

check your temps and check the vents are clear of dust

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-freezes-10-minuets-after-startup-461677.html
Relevancy 52.46%

my problem started when to every minuets hour 20 1 system ceashes I downloaded a trial of corel paint shop pro XI since then my computer crashes all the time every minuets to hour System restore does not work it fails each and every time I try it I purchased error doctor it cleans the errors but the crashing still occurs On start up system ceashes every 20 minuets to 1 hour I get the error reporting window one is taskmgr exe winlog exe and one that says windows system ceashes every 20 minuets to 1 hour cannot open this file scvhost exe although the latter did not appear on my last startup and finally one that says windows is recovering from a serious error Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Joe amp Ilda Arruda on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Data Lifeguard Tools - - UTC - RP - Restore Operation - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system CTSVCCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files SPAMfighter SFAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Documents and Settings Joe amp Ilda Arruda Desktop dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com fix homepage R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore R - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home microsoft com access autosearch asp p s O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBHO dll O - BHO no name - FA - - c-A CC- EC DE CA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run ccApp C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run SPAMfighter Agent quot C Program Files SPAMfighter SFAgent exe quot update delay O - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Sym... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-ceashes-every-20-minuets-to-1-hour-171480.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

I don t minuets. and Unexplained spike CPU 3 from every lagging Solved: know exactly when Solved: Unexplained lagging and spike from CPU every 3 minuets. this started it might have been from the beginning but I finished building my PC about a month ago so it amp s pretty new Whenever running ANY video audio or game file there is a quarter of a second lag every minutes it amp s generally Solved: Unexplained lagging and spike from CPU every 3 minuets. - seconds off being exact This can get really annoying especially with movies or music Using a CPU meter I noticed this also causes a sudden jump in usage on the st core of my processor - This is a jump just as short as the lag and happens consistently with the lag I get this lag every minutes all the time even when I amp m just on the desktop What is causing my CPU to act like that and how do I stop it Here is a list of reasons I thought might cause it and what I did to try and diagnose fix it however the problem is still on my computer Background process service using system configuration I disabled every process and service apart from the OS itself and still got the spike and lag despite all four CPU cores being on the rest of the time GPU fault downloaded the latest drivers for GPU overheating CPU opened case with a full size living room fan pointed at the processor with a live CPU heat monitor temp was C still get spike and lag Hard drive error scanned HDD for errors using the hour scan in the properties virus torgen malware scanned with bit defender and malware bytes Will appreciate any advice ideas and methods of testing A solution would be awesome This is my first question on this site so please tell me if I have forgotten something when posting these questions Thank you for your time effort and expertise From what i understand you can t see my specs cuz i m a new member plz say if i am wrong so here they are OS Windows bit AMD phenom II black edition Ghz GB ddr Ram watt psu from cooler master this is a fairly expensive psu and the psu Calculator said i only need Wts for this system RADEON HD GB DDR Gigabyte GA-MA GPMT-UD H motherboard nbsp

A:Solved: Unexplained lagging and spike from CPU every 3 minuets.

HA HA!!!! I solved it!!!!
After 2 weeks of frustration, and flinching every 3 minuets, it turns out it was the wireless card i plugged in.

For those who have simialr problems:
After building my computer, i tried moving my old WG311 wireless card to the new one, to get my internet fix. However, for some reason, the card didn't work.
Being lazy, i left it there, and used a usb wireless adpater instead, with great success. However, i'm not sure if it was a dogy driver, or just the fact that i have 2 network adapter from the same company, but diabeling the card from device manager worked like a charm.

Verry happy, anyone care to comment as to why this may have happened? I'm just happy it's fixed now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unexplained-lagging-and-spike-from-cpu-every-3-minuets.897228/
Relevancy 51.17%

My friend has BFME from EA 2004

when a game is started it works fine for a short period then all units die/are destroyed unexpectidly

He is running Win7 Home Premium, 'upgraded from vista' on a dell studio with:
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8Ghz
3GB RAM
ATI Radion HD4300 512MB

He had it on an XP machine and it worked ok.

any help is appreciated

c..

Relevancy 49.45%

Now that I have been able to regain access (following disabled code; thank you Terminator); I have a problem with the Windows 10 OS. I was trying to reset and re-install Windows 10 when my HP crashed partway through with error message saying 'encountered a difficulty and couldn't finish installation'. Now - booting up gives me the HP logo on the screen and nothing else

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/system-crash-during-reset/td-p/5710716
Relevancy 49.45%

I was downloading a keygen and maybe with it I downloaded a virus, now the laptop restarts as soon as I log in, before I can delete or uninstall the file the laptop restarts. Can I reset Windows without deleting any data other than on c:/ ?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440235-system-crash-need-reset.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi Support Team,I was trying to factory reset my hard disc to re-install fresh copy of OS. I have back up discs and I had accidentally deleted recovery partition on my hard disc.So I'm trying to install from recovery disc, during the installation I was asked to insert disc#3. It was failing at this step and my laptop was hanging up. I had to shut down my laptop and re-iterate the same process but no luck still failing at disc#3. I had done this for three times. Now my laptop is with no OS and no way to troubleshoot it.Now I had to install the OS which is not genuine which I dont like.I think my recovery discs are totally crashed.Please help me how I can restore my genuine recovery files? Is there any way to get back my genuine OS.Please let me know if you need any additional details from me!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-factory-reset-crash/td-p/5668253
Relevancy 49.45%

How do i completely reset wipe a gateway MA7

A:Factory reset, crash.... whatever

is this running vista ?
you may have some recovery CDs that came with the PC - or you should have made from the PC recovery partition
its also possible if it has a recovery partition to factory reset from that - but i would always have or make the CDs if you can and the factory reset from the partition fails

here are details on uing the gateway recovery
http://support.gateway.com/s/Manuals...ps/9532287.pdf

heres how to order replacement recovery CDs
Gateway Store: Recovery Media Purchase Program

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/factory-reset-crash-whatever-671776.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So two days ago there was a thunderstorm. SO my brother shut it down. Today I turned and signed onto my computer. And it went all crazy. Everything was liked ransacked. It said that my personal settings dissappeared and starting to make a new one.So when I went to "My Computer" and looked at "Documents and Settings" and figured out something new. The Original Folder I used was not being used. A new folder called "temp" is now being used.Heres a picture to help you understand.I want to know how to change it back to my Original Folder instead of the temp.I think it just switched but I don't know how it did.

A:User Reset/crash

Sorry for the Double Post.

The only thing I actually need to know is how to convert folder usage so I get all my orig. settings cause I don't remember them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86861/user-resetcrash/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So through a series of mistakes a brutally bleeped all the files and programs on my computer. I tried to personally do a factory reset but its not built into my model and i needed a 30 dollar disk. I asked my friend who works on hospital computers if he could do it for me, when he did he upgraded me to windows 7 ultimate. Along with that in the computer page of my file explorer it still said all that file space was still being used even though the files were all gone(until i used CCleaner that is). but for some reason games i could run before that wipe just fine, lag out and even crash. I cleaned my fan, used Driver Booster, and verified the cache for the steam games and nothing has helped.

A:did a factory reset and now all my games lag and crash

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600045/did-a-factory-reset-and-now-all-my-games-lag-and-crash/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi. So I just started my computer up this morning and noticed that I couldn't open file explorer at all. I click the button on my taskbar, but when the window pops up, it's blank and then it crashes. My whole screen turns the color of my tile screen (Orange) and then it takes me back to my desktop. I've tried opening file explorer other ways, but nothing works. I created a .dmp file using process explorer, but I need help reading and understanding it. I uploaded it to my SkyDrive. Here is the link: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...A7C024BB%21984 I just put it in the minidumps folder. It's called explorer.dmp

I would greatly appreciate it if any of you guys could help me. This is a big problem.

Thanks.
-Justin

A:File explorer crash and reset

explorer.dmp contains references to windows file errors (no 3rd party files mentioned).
We'll need this stuff (even though you're not mentioning BSOD's): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

While waiting, try:
1) DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption in Windows 8
2) then try SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt
3) then try this free tool: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows Use it to disable all 3rd party (non-Microsoft) shell extensions. Then reboot and see if that fixes things.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41829-file-explorer-crash-reset.html
Relevancy 49.02%

recently got an AMD Athlon 3000+ 64 with 1G RAM and an ATI 9800 Pro running Windows XP with Service Pack II. every MMOG (massively multiplayer online game) I try to play crashes within a few minutes of booting the software up. It usually goes to a blank blue screen and the the computer resets.

while waiting for my new LCD in the mail, i've got an ancient monitor hooked up to hold me over. It's a small CRT (maybe 15") and it's in less-than-perfect condition... could this be the cause?

A:crash/reset problem with every game.

i had a friend who had a similar problem when he got a new system , the problem was that it was overheating , or reseting before it overheated . there a plenty of tools about to check the temperature, if it seems too high add an extra couple of case fans,
sorry if its not too much help .

Regards graeme

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-reset-problem-with-every-game.401844/
Relevancy 48.16%

EDIT ark txt uploaded and attached dds scr would not work for me I am unaware of any script blocking services I have But the program would flash a command prompt like window then immediately close EDIT I sincerely apologize I failed crash/reset/screen REGEDIT flash CMD, cause to read CMD, REGEDIT cause crash/reset/screen flash the NEW INSTRUCTIONS I will update this with the correct diagnostic tools tomorrow When I attempt to run the command prompt or regedit from either the CMD, REGEDIT cause crash/reset/screen flash Run command or by selecting the exe from Start-All Programs-Accessories my screen will crash reset flash as if the computer was just started The computer does not actually restart but it looks like you just started the computer and it runs through the startup items in msconfig etc All of the tray icons will disappear and restart and CMD will never appear Task manager will not reload in the tray however So to simplify it the computer restarts without actually restarting and all of the programs I have open remain open or restart I have found that if I go to the actual command prompt and rename it to quot cm exe quot it will run fine The same with regedit Subtracting a letter will allow it to run adding them will cause the same problem HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c cachesys bin cservice exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe c cachesys bin cache exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c cachesys bin cache exe c cachesys bin cache exe c cachesys bin cache exe c cachesys bin cache exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe c cachesys bin cache exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe c cachesys BIN ctelnetd exe c cachesys bin cache exe c cachesys bin cache exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery ADM IUService exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Logger logmon exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkIcon exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Dropbox Dropbox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http emcemergency com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link He... Read more

A:CMD, REGEDIT cause crash/reset/screen flash

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the late response.

If you still require assistance, and still unable to run DDS, try the following tool:
Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of log.txt here.
Please attach info.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\rsit\info.txt

Click Upload.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cmd-regedit-cause-crash-reset-screen-flash-371369.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I've been running windows ultimate since the retail version came out and I've almost never had a freeze or specific crash that I can remember About a week ago I had a random total windows freeze while I to RaidPort1 Causing Reset Crash/Freeze?(Esata?) was in gmail and I had to a a hard reboot Then tonight I Reset to RaidPort1 Causing Crash/Freeze?(Esata?) was playing a avi video file just dvd resolution not even HD Reset to RaidPort1 Causing Crash/Freeze?(Esata?) on my LCDTV that I have connected via HDMI to my PC like I Reset to RaidPort1 Causing Crash/Freeze?(Esata?) have been for like months and my PC randomly rebooted after it was playing for minutes And then about every minutes after that initial crash the movie would freeze with the sound looping About of the times of this happening I could unmaximize the video and close it and reopen it no problem after like seconds of it being frozen but the other times the PC seemed to totally freeze up and needed to be rebooted After all this happened I checked the windows system logs and I saw a warning about every minutes from the source NVSTOR saying quot Reset to device Device RaidPort was issued quot http img imageshack us img oreventlog jpg Event log had about occurrences of this from like am to am which was the time frame all the freezing was occurring in Whats really weird is I then went back into the event log to get a screen shot like a few hours later and write this post and most of the time entries are somehow missing from around that time even thought I clearly saw them just a few hours ago and now there is only instance of the nvstor Warning maybe event log combined all or so into this one or something At anyrate I am wondering if this RaidPort is one of the ports on my PCI-E Esata Card which does support raid I did have a esata HD connected to one of the ports during all of this although the Esata HD's power was physically switched off the entire time the esata cable was physically connected I am really trying to get to the bottom of this and figure out what the heck is happening here because I've played like 's of movies in p all the time with no problems and now seemly out of no where I'm getting freezeing crashing that is maybe related to a SATA drive it doesn't make much sense to me Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this or has ideas I can use to troubleshoot check things on this gt Update So while I was finishing editing this post windows just completely froze again I rebooted using regular reset button on my CPU Then it hanged at this first bios screen gt http img imageshack us img stbios jpg for about minute before loading the second screen then it hanged at this nd bios screen gt http img imageshack us img ndbios jpg with Boot from CD at the bottom for more than minutes and I then held in the power button to fully turn it off No optical media had been in the optical drive for weeks Then it booted up fine and I checked the windows system logs and they only just a critical error from like a minute ago saying that the previous shutdown was not improper The esata was unplugged this whole time and I dont see the nvstor in the event log so now I am really not sure what is going on

A:Reset to RaidPort1 Causing Crash/Freeze?(Esata?)

Hi endoftheline2 and welcome,

Some thoughts:
- Have there been any changes to the system such as driver updates, RAID/IDE/SATA software installs, or any configuration changes to these?
- Do you have the latest drivers installed for your RAID, GRAPHICS and CHIPSET from the manufacturer websites, not from Microsoft update?
- Is the PC overheating?
- Is the CPU or RAM overclocked?
- If you only use the card for SATA and don't use it in a RAID, then see if you can turn off RAID in the settings (e.g. put it into IDE mode) and/or uninstall or disable the RAID portion while still using the card for SATA. I reason that this has something to do with the card thinking that it is in RAID and there is more than one drive plugged into the card.
- Disable AHCI if it is an option for the card as well.

-Timo

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90689-reset-raidport1-causing-crash-freeze-esata.html
Relevancy 47.73%

okay i didnt really know where to put this as its a backup and reset fault but also an installation error reset Windows' 'Install Factory error crash and again a crashing error so i formatted my hardrive and computer completely ran it back as a factory reset it was originally okay but the internet explorer refused to work no internet browser would but my internet was working as i was able to play a disk installed game online reccomended by a friend he said the file could be damaged To let the computer go to factory settings and re install things again this time the factory reset crashed when it says ''setup is starting services'' and now i get an error everytime i load the computer saying ''Install windows - the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error Windows installation cannot proceed To install windows click ''OK'' to restart the computer and then restart the installation'' I cant run a reset or anything repair windows is no longer a F option and i cannot run the installation while in safe mode Any helps much appreciated

A:Factory reset crash error 'Install Windows'

Have you tried a repair install with the installation disc?

Repair Install

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251919-factory-reset-crash-error-install-windows.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok first was running a old machine with windows mobo died sata controller packed it in got a new machine only thing transfered over from old machine was HD's tb primary gb machine is ga lmt usb fx processor gb x ram NVidia ga ti gc since the switch over the new machine will restart itself or crash programs with no warning tried upgrading to same results checking event viewer will or no warning blue crash screen Programs reset mostly say usb driver crash but also getting memory errors and hd Programs crash or blue screen reset no warning errors never at the same time blue screens will mention memory management and system thread problems When I Programs crash or blue screen reset no warning do the msdiag it finds nothing wrong with the memory sticks when I do defrag it finds nothing wrong with the hd's crashes will mostly happen when running a graphic intensive program tried running one stick of ram at a time running on board graphics running hd still same results I am baffled by this problem any help would be appreciated

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436873-programs-crash-blue-screen-reset-no-warning.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Before few weeks my Dell Laptop N4050 is working fine but late started to get multiple BSOD.

Tried to uninstall old drivers and installed new AMD Drivers but failed.

Now my laptop has become total mess. Please find the attachment containing all the details collected by DM Log Collector.

Please help. A reply will be highly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386018-bsod-attempt-reset-display-driver-sudden-crash.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,I have recently smashed my screen so i am using a tv screen with a HDMI cable. I was doing a PowerPoint presentation and then it froze so I restarted my NoteBook but when I went to turn it back on the screen remained blank but it does turn on. I have tried hard reset on the notebook but I can't see it in the HDMI tv screen. And was wondering if there is a way to get everything back up and running again? Thank You.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HDMI Hard Reset.

Hello,Sorry just got everything sorted thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HDMI-Hard-Reset/td-p/5823200
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 43.86%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there any way to disable a hard reset of a laptop (i.e. holding the power button down for five seconds)? Could one use C sharp or something like this to achieve this goal? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Disable Hard Reset

There's usually a setting in the BIOS to control this behavior. In XP and Vista you can adjust the settings for the Power button in the Control Panel...Power Options applet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157338/disable-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.86%

My -month-old laptop was running poorly so I backed up my data to an external drive and used the Settings menu to reset the computer to its original state including deleting all data files nbsp The reset hung up at for many minutes without change so I tried a hard reset per the instructions on hard to reset Unable the HP Support website nbsp I removed the battery held down the Power button for seconds to discharge the capacitors reinstalled the battery and hit the Power button nbsp I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner for a few seconds then the HP logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes dark nbsp This repeats endlessly nbsp No startup menu ever appears Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and repeating the hard reset instructions has no effect nbsp The startup seems to get caught in a never-ending loop nbsp I just want to reset the laptop to its original configuration Any suggestions nbsp nbsp

A:Unable to hard reset

There are other ways you could run Reset/Recovery:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unable-to-hard-reset/td-p/5826966
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I am frustrated I wanted to dual-boot Windows on my Windows Home Premium laptop and shrinked my Drive Hard Reset disk by about GB I went on to create a new volume as you can see in the screenshot below I actually re-installed Reset Hard Drive Windows and succesfully managed to do so but now when I boot the Windows installer I get to the quot select volume quot part and the only option I can choose is my Windows volume Windows II in the screenshot For every other volume all the options like formatting deleting and creating a new one are greyed out Trying to install on unallocated space also does not work Now I have almost given up I have got almost no space left on my active volume and can not increase it nor can I install a new operating system because it doesn't work any of the virtual volumes What I would like to do now is to either be able to extend my active volume or to reset the whole harddrive and to re-install Windows all over again Please help me sevenforums

A:Reset Hard Drive

Well, for starters your disk is dynamic - no good. If you want that many primary partitions, initialize it in GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367494-reset-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I've a great problem. I've activated HP Drive Encryption with no fingerprint access and my tablet dowsn't recognize my password. I can't login and I don't know how to enter in the BIOS. How can I do a hard reset?Thanks!

A:Hard Reset on HP Elite X2

Hard reset documenthttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  You will need to contact HP directly for your issue. See the following web document for contact options.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Hard-Reset-on-HP-Elite-X2/td-p/5540680
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down my laptop today and went shopping. When I came home, it wouldn't turn on. This has happened a couple of times before and I've tried giving it a hard reset. I tried turning it on without the battery and just the power cord and nothing. The light where the power cord goes in is on when it is plugged in. I tried everything and still won't start. My warranty for this laptop is gone and don't know what else to try. Please help!

A:Won't start. Tried hard reset and everything

Hi @krakaholyknight, Thank you for your query. I am happy to lend a helping hand. To confirm that I have the correct product, yours is a HP Stream Notebook-11-d007na? I understand that your notebook was working when you shut it down. When you tried turning it on again it would not start. This has occurred a couple of times before and a hard reset  resolved the issue. You tried removing the battery but that did not help. You do see a light on the power port when connected to AC power.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please let me know the outcome. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-start-Tried-hard-reset-and-everything/td-p/5760886
Relevancy 43.86%

After spending after boot reset. only hard will PC many hours perusing various threads on numerous sites I find myself no PC will only boot after hard reset. further on troubleshooting the following boot problem The PC will not boot from cold but will work perfectly after a hard reset Apologies in advance for this massive post but it will prevent exploring places I have explored already I built the following system for my son for Christmas ABIT NF V mb AMD PC will only boot after hard reset. Sempron Boxed with fan single stick mb Kingston DDR Memory ATI Radeon mb video card Sony DVD drive Single Western Digital WD JD rpm SATA gb HDD Zoom G-Wireless USB mbs card TV XP global TV tuner card PCI LG S TFT monitor W PSU with V on the V rail Windows XP home On first assembly everything booted up and worked fine The following day on a cold boot the system hung before during POST No single normal beep and fans were turning and both HDD and DVD drive lights came on The reset button did not have any effect A couple of hard power-offs did the trick - system booted into windows fine Again the following day on a cold start the system hung but I had a couple of different POST codes at different times Two tone siren short beeps repeating longer beep about sec long but did not self shut down just continued with the beeping until I switched the power off reset had no effect On investigating various web sites threads I decided on replacing the PSU two tone beeps out of limit voltage detection and on looking on ABIT TEQ the V rail was a bit unstable about - I also increased AGP and Vcore voltages by small amounts as recommended on the Abit Forum threads but no improvement I replaced the PSU with a Jeantech W unit Bet you can guess though New PSU did not help I have since done three clean installs of windows and formatted the HDD to try to eliminate virus driver snags Incidentally on the windows install the soft reboots initiated by windows setup resulted in single repeated beeps and system hangs Hard power off and reboot again enabled a normal boot back into windows Other threads suggest that the single repeating beep is not a terminal main board problem and I suspected the CMOS battery not enough juice to store the configuration hence the hanging on cold boot but changing it has not helped either I have also swapped RAM and graphics card ATI radeon XT from my other PC to eliminate those components as suspect Also tried running the RAM as rather than - Symptoms remained each time I then noticed that the DVD rom was not always recognised in the BIOS and so suspected an IDE channel failure After discussion with tech support people at ABIT I then RMAed the motherboard and replaced it for an ASUS K V X SE Since fitting the ASUS board the only remaining problem is that the PC will still not boot first time from cold You have to do a hard reset and then it boots fine and runs very well into windows I have now been investigating threads about the WD JD hard drive and its compatibility with the VT R chipset I have jumpered the HDD to lock at mb s Have also swapped in a different DVD drive but no change I am left with thinking that this is a BIOS setting issue or a SATA IDE conflict or BOOT issue I have tried play with boot order and the RAID screen but there appears to be nothing to change there I have also flashed the BIOS to from the ASUS web site I have checked for motherboard shorts seems clear I am also thinking of getting an EIDE HDD just to see if this is the problem but can t see why SATA shouldn t run with IDE on the same board So far I have Changed PSU twice Changed the mainboard Swapped in RAM Swapped in Graphics Card Changed GPU fan supply source Changed CMOS battery Changed voltages in the bios at the advice of the tech support man in UK Run various software based hardware checks eg PC Check and memtest which have all passed Sorry bout the war and peace but having read many threads it seems to pay to be thorough I really am starting struggle... Read more

A:PC will only boot after hard reset.

Wow, sounds like you've essentially swapped in a brand new computer.

You didn't put jumpers on the hard drive, did you? I've heard of that messing up SATA drives. Poke around the BIOS and mess with the drive settings, including raid configs that might not exist. it definately sounds like a BIOS problem related to your hard drive.

That does seem like a royal pain though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-only-boot-after-hard-reset.68670/
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

If I make a hard reset to my phone, will be deleted also the content of the memory card?

A:Hard reset WM10

If you initiate from the settings menu you will be asked whether or not to erase the SD card. If you initiate using the key combination from a phone that will not start, I don't know what the default behavior is. I suggest you remove the card before using the key combination just to be safe.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438052-hard-reset-wm10.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing! I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps! So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-reset-on-a-14-d004au/td-p/5714711
Relevancy 43.43%

How do you reset it? I bought it one day at FRYS and I put a password and now I forgot that password. Is there anyway to reset it?
Please share.
I know I'm an idiot and fail at like for forgetting it. ;_;
It's a MAXTOR by the way

A:external hard drive reset plz

Hi pride and Welcome to Vista Forums.
Did you right click the Hard drive and then format it?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/229790-external-hard-drive-reset-plz.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been experiencing problems with my PC locking up and needing to hold down the power button to shut it off It seems to be more of an issue during the summer months leading me to believe it is a heat issue I downloaded Core Temp to see if I could get a temperature reading when it locks up I started the program left it running on the desktop and let the computer sit idle When it locked up the last reported temperature for Core was C and Core was C which did not seem very extreme Is there anything else I can do to try and see if a specific component is failing due to heat I have tried using compressed air to clean out my case made sure all case fans are working and reapplied Arctic Silver Silver thermal compound on the CPU PC Details Antec Performance Plus AMG Asus P Q SE Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GB Kingston HyperX DDR RAM MB GeForce GTX Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Windows XP Pro SP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-locking-up-need-to-do-a-hard-reset-701746.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This happened EVERY DAY. I have my PC set to turn off automatically at 1 AM. If I leave it on all day then the next morning I'll come to it and it'll just have the desktop there and none of the icons or ctrl alt del or even pressing the power button will work. I have to hard reset. It's screwing up my drives!

Now, I have a lot of money riding on the stuff on my storage drives and this is really messing me up. I am thinking I need to build a whole new system because the stuff on my drives is not anything to mess around with. I have them all backed up on several clouds and NASes just in case. I don't have a crash report or BSOD to report.

I did have problems with blue screening a few months ago but that since stopped. Should I just build a new system?

A:After 6 hours, the PC just hangs and I have to hard reset

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363581-after-6-hours-pc-just-hangs-i-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer used to have the "blue screen." Then my computer completely crashed (when I hit the power button, the light on the desktop blinks a little and shuts off)...It does not turn on the screen either...

I think it might be the hard drive. Is there a way to reset the hard drive without having to turn on? (Is there a button you can push to reset it somewhere? etc.)

Even if it is not the hard drive I would still like to completely reset it...

Thanks for any advice

A:Reset Hard Drive Manually

No. There isn't a reset for the HDD.

If the PC won't even power up properly, there is likely a hardware failure or at a minimum, something inside the PC is not properly connected/installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-hard-drive-manually.1014065/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, i am tarequl, i was wondering, is it necessary to hard reset my phone after a update? And how much would be the size of the upcoming anniversary update? Thaks.

A:Should i hard reset my phone after a update?

There's no real need to hard reset after an update unless you have a problem that needs a hard reset.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/434786-should-i-hard-reset-my-phone-after-update.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a pocket pc that I have had for about 7 years now worked great up until about a month ago glitches out everytime I turn it on and use I have taken the battery out and let it set for a few days I have pressed the small pencil tip reset button nothing works I am hoping someone knows how to do like a hard reset I realize I could lose all my stored info thats ok I just need to put in new information with the programs it came with basically I need to set it back to factory default thanks for your help!!

A:Hp iPAQ pocket pc hard reset

To hard-reset your Pocket PC, hold down the power button and press the reset button at the same time. You will loose any data, backup before attempting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-ipaq-pocket-pc-hard-reset-588516.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My mother has Computer sometimes hard boot reset without won't an HP that runs Windows Vista Premium Home Its about - yrs old Two weeks ago the power went off for a few minutes when it was on Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset or in sleep mode When she tried to turn it back on she could see the quot cd light quot blink once or twice the fans came on but no power I found the directions to unplug all the cords and hold the power button down to reset it Well it worked I then ran Malwarebytes and it did find one or two things but they were removed Today she called me to tell me the same thing happened But the power never went out She had it on and it must have gone into a sleep mode and Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset nothing worked to bring it out She had to reset it again Does anyone know what would be causing this to happen I m wondering if its something I could easily fix myself or if we need to bring it to someone to be repaired

A:Computer won't boot sometimes without hard reset

Hello kat91119,Some people have been able to awaken the monitor when the computer is in "sleep" mode by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL (not holding them) and then clicking cancel. You could try going through this troubleshooting guide: How to Troubleshoot a Vista or Windows 7 Sleep Mode Problem.You will note that they recommend updating the display drivers and the system bios, first. I wouldn't worry about the bios at this point but would check the computer manufacturer's web site to see if they have an "updated" display driver. How to determine the dispaly adapter name and version then go to manufacturer's website:First, click "Start" (the globe) and right mouse click on "Computer" and click "Properties."Select "Device Manager" then click on the (+) next to "Display Adapters." Write down the make and model number.Next, right mouse click on the Display Adapter and click "Properties," "Driver" tab, and write down driver date and driver version.Now you can go the computer manufacturer's web site (i.e. Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), look for "Download Drivers and Software" (may have to click on Support, first). Enter either "Tag number" or exact "make and model number." Select the computer operating system (Vista 32 or Vista 64).Look for your exact display adapter, note date and driver version. If newer, download and install.Finally, proceed with the troubleshooting guide.I hope it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433786/computer-wont-boot-sometimes-without-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.43%

Somebody can tell how can i make a hard reset to my lenovo flex 2 15" i dont have the one key restore key i need help my laptops always is loading

A:Lenovo flex 2 hard reset!!

You might not have to totally reset your computer. Try these options first 1) Check to see if you have any memory cards, usb flash drives, or disks connected to the computer. ANYTHING. No wireless mouses. No USB headsets. No CDs in the optical drive. NOTHING that is not the power cable should be pluged into or in your pc. 2) Boot up in Safe ModeHold down F8 on your keyboard before you turn the computer on and hold it. You should be able to use the advanced recovery options. More info on this here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode. Uninstall all of your recent programs or ones that should not be there (i.e, you dont remeber downloading it, or its not nessesary for you). 3) Recovery PartitionHolding F11 on start up supposedly gives the option of a recovery partition, yet I've never used it before, or know if it'll fix everything. Might be worth a shot. 4) An actual reset.To answer your origional question, here's all the possible ways at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Hope this helps!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-2-hard-reset/td-p/3442142
Relevancy 43.43%

This has been occurring for months now hard crashing, PC reset. requiring It is EXTREMELY PC crashing, requiring hard reset. annoying especially if I am in the middle of something very important The mouse cursor will lock everything will freeze and this will usually be followed by any sound repeating buzzing freezing From here it is a complete freeze The only way to get out of this is to restart my computer Now another surprising thing is that usually I need to push my reset button in PC crashing, requiring hard reset. all the way for my PC to reset I suppose this is so you don't bump the button When the crash occurs I only have to slightly touch the reset button for my PC to completely shut down Strange Upon first glance I suspected this to be my power supply however now I am not sure it could really be any other component I am fairly confident that this is hardware related but not sure what is causing these crashes Nothing seems to quot trigger quot the crashes It can happen whilst watching videos playing games browsing the web or simply idling Any help would be appreciated thanks

A:PC crashing, requiring hard reset.

Please provide full specs of your PC including PSU make/model/wattage so we know what we're looking at. Could quite possibly be a PSU problem, but we need all your other hardware info too (CPU, Motherboard, RAM etc).

Is the PC pre-built or custom built?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-crashing-requiring-hard-reset-614768.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Sometimes after a power failure, the computer wont reboot from the hard disk. Instead we get a statement which says, and I loosely quote: Boot hardware not found. Insert disc and press F1 or press F2 for setup.

Last night the disc wouldnt let it boot up either. I went to F2 and tried to change the boot from the CDROM to the hard disk, the problem was HARD DISK was not in the window as a selection. Finally after doing some things that now I cant remember, I went back to the same window and low and behold Hard disk is now a part of the selection. The computer then booted from the hard disk, and is now operating fine.

Can someone explain to me what I did to get it working so that when this happens again I have the method of repair at hand. Thanks so much.

Mike

A:How To Reset Boot From Hard Disk

You probably clicked on Automatically detect hard drive in the Bios. You should purchase a UPS device to stop your computer corruption from power failures. In time your hardware will be damaged.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81082/how-to-reset-boot-from-hard-disk/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had a problem, for the last two months or so, that consists of my laptop freezing and requiring a hard shutdown to fix it. I have a Dell XPS15, 6gb ram, i5-2450M dual core, and a 1gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m graphics card with the newest drivers.

Basically, I will play any game, from the original Mass Effect to WoW to Kerbal Space Program, and my computer will freeze, and occasionally make static noise until I hold down the power button for a hard shutdown. I've done stress tests and monitored the heat, and I don't ever seem to reach the heat threshold. Additionally, I've dusted out the fans and such. One or two times I have been able to alt-tab to fix the problem, and it pops up with an error stating that the display driver has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 43.43%

i have an On-Q router, model# P/N 364772-01.

I'm trying to re-establish the home network, but I cant get anything to connect to the router. IP config shows no gateway, and I cant ping the router. I dont think I've ever had to do a hard reset on this router, but nothing blinks or flashes to indicate a reset took. This is a wired network, nothing is wi-fi.

Is there anything I can do??? Or is the router a brick now?

Edit: Im googling like mad, but it doesnt help when i have such an obscure router model. Would i be able to access anything if i connected my computer to the WAN port?

Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Acer XC- C desktop that is one month old I upgraded it to Win and two nights ago it went to a blue screen It shows the error for a MacAfee error and I have done the reset. hard after XC-704C won't Any... allow Acer fix following trying to get it back to Win so I can get rid of MacAfee nbsp I've done the reset that allows me to keep files Acer XC-704C won't allow fix after hard reset. Any... nbsp I've done the reset that wipes everything Following this it comes up with one account defaultuser nbsp and asking for a password I've tried every password connected to Acer and Windows and none work So I can't get to the command prompt and I can't get to the advanced repairs to complete anything nbsp After times of running the second reset it finally said it was loading Then I get the Hi and we're setting up things for you and then it goes right back to the blue screen nbsp This desktop came with no manual no repair disc and I have tried everything I know to get it to boot back up into Windows nbsp I've also tried Safe Boot Safe Boot with Networking and everything else I can get into without having that defaultuser pop up and ask me for a password nbsp nbsp Anyone have any ideas how I can get around that and get it back up and running short of sending it back to Acer I'm not afraid to go into the BIOS but I don't know what is safe to change in there and what is not nbsp

A:Acer XC-704C won't allow fix after hard reset. Any...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/... i would try a clean windows 10 install (wiping completly any partition on the HDD/SSD), most of Acer software and drivers can be downloaded from their support website:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6067;-;Aspire%20XC-704G

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-XC-704C-won-t-allow-fix-after-hard-reset-Any-ideas-Shows/td-p/422110/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.43%

New HP envy x360 Model No. 15-x107ne has a problem of black screen.  As I understand this problem can be solve by hard  reset. So can anybody tell me the button combinatin to be pressed to get the screen back

A:hard reset for black screen

Hard reset instructions: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-reset-for-black-screen/td-p/5577888
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on Random to hard have freezing / reset. me I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me I've tried switching HDD's reinstalling Windows Tested my ram with Memtest for hours no issues Tested HDD's no bad sectors found I've Random freezing / have to hard reset. used HWinfo to check the voltages and Random freezing / have to hard reset. temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime torture tests spiking around to degrees Celsius under full burn My setup ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Intel Core i - k not overclocked GB DDR RAM - x GB CMX GX M A C ASUS DRW- F ST drive TB SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SEAGATE ST DM - ER MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX Creative Soundblaster Z PSU OCZ MXSP Watercooling Corsair H i LCD Fan-controller BitFenix CoolerMaster HAFX case I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS are overwhelming Tons of options and features which are all set to quot auto quot No idea if this contributes to the freezing It's not something that was present before Random freezing / have to hard reset. It started happening about weeks ago Nothing has changed in my setup I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail Thanks in advance for helping me

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54703-random-freezing-have-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I've tried the hard reset 3 tines, I've replaced the battery with a new one, and still my laptop will not turn on. The white led light starts out white while plugged in, then turns amber, then turns white after a few minutes and starts blinking. If I attempt to power on the laptop while it's plugged in, the led light turns off and does not turn back on until I take the battery out, put it back in and plug the ac adapter in again. Nothing turns on, no fans and no keyboard lights. The only sign of power is the led light. Help please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Even-after-a-hard-reset-my-hp-laptop-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5655805
Relevancy 43.43%

The issue started a few weeks ago when it seemed my HDD failed sent it to a shop to be tested and repaired Went through HDDs before the rd actually worked that's the HDD i'm currently using ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Drive It hard reset only locks from and a up responds Pc worked fine up until a few days ago when random screen freezes started to occur mainly when playing online games such as World of Warcraft Each day the game would freeze to the point that the entire system locked up and only a hard reset would work it went from a couple of freezes a day to - a day Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset The HDD itself showed no signs of failing Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset or struggling and all drivers are up to date I then ran Memtest on both Rams then each while in the primary slot a combined total of tests all of which passed Then booted up the PC with Ram at a time and it worked fine my next step was to run HDDScan but for some reason it would not allow me to hit the S M A R T button even though it recognised my HDD I must also say that at times the boot up has been extremely slow to the point I thought it froze it seems hit and miss whether it reaches the desktop screen With both RAM in it struggles to fully boot up too Linked the DXDiag file which gives a run down of everything EDIT Finally on the pc with only Ram installed running HDDScan right now and will post a screenshot of the outcome shortly It's just strange that it's able to boot up with each RAM but when both are installed it struggles thing to add is that I contacted World of Warcraft Tech Support as the crashes happened more frequent when playing the game they stated that my network drives were out of date from and my BIOS drivers from yet when I tried to update both I got a quot not compatible quot pop up that was from the manufacturers website Hope this helps

A:Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

This is the outcome of my HDDScan, I really can't tell whether there's issues or not. Some help appreciated. I'm really starting to think my PSU may be at fault, Atrix 650t 12v but I'm finding very little on reviews or complaints about the product.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313881-pc-locks-up-only-responds-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I've been having this problem with my computer since I had it built a while back When I'm doing anything on my computer it will sometimes completely freeze up and I will have to do a hard reset to fix it After I do a hard reset my mouse and wireless network adapter It's a USB one will have to be replugged for them to work again I've tried getting a new HDD and graphics card both of those replacements failed in remedying the problem I'm completely unsure of what could be causing the problem now I'm not sure if this is related or not but I originally had another motherboard of the same type in it but it failed then later I had to remove one RAM stick I originally had GB of RAM in the computer but now I've had to remove all of the sticks except the one Also Speccy shows that my RAM is at MHz while I have it set to MHz in the BIOS Here's my Needed Reset Crashing Hard & specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz RAM GB Single-Channel DDR Motherboard ASRock X Extreme Graphics AMD Radeon HD Series HDD GB Western Digital Any help would be really appreciated thanks so much in advance

A:Crashing & Hard Reset Needed

Thank you for supplying your specs, but you forgot the most important one, the Power Supply Unit.
Freezing is usually caused by overheating or an underpowered or failing PSU. Remove the side clean out all dust, blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label and post the Make, Model # and Wattage of the PSU. If it is under 500Watts it is underpowered for your setup Get a PSU of 550Watts or better. .
Boot into Setup (Bios) and set it to Failsafe Defaults (F5). This should set the proper speed for your RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crashing-and-hard-reset-needed-691834.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My USB port is disabled in BIOS. How do I hard reset the BIOS with no keyboard access? Thanks in advance.

A:Hard reset BIOS on Stick 300

I have this problem too. I've sent a message to Lenovo to see if they have a procedure. I know that for other devices it is possible to reset using just a power button menu. catzi67: did you manage to solve the issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Hard-reset-BIOS-on-Stick-300/td-p/2267136
Relevancy 43.43%

hi everyone.

after a hard reset,i cannot boot windows.trademark appears,bar is moving an then,blue screen and PUFF! computer restarts!

i tried every choise such as safe mode etc but no result.i tried to fix it from Windows Recover Console but my laptop has sata hdd which are not recognisable in console..

i'm running out of ideas.....

A:blue screen after hard reset

I had this exact same problem with our family computer... however we used windows system recovery... if you still have the windows xp CD that would be the best option to reinstall... Does it go on a cycle? Startup, restart, startup, restart?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-after-hard-reset-171325.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, i am tarequl, i was wondering, is it necessary to hard reset my phone after a update? And how much would be the size of the upcoming anniversary update? Thaks.

A:Should i hard reset my phone after a update?

There's no real need to hard reset after an update unless you have a problem that needs a hard reset.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434786-should-i-hard-reset-my-phone-after-update.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Greetings on hard reset Accidental router- Help! we recently got a new desktop and Accidental hard reset on router- Help! my nephew configured the wireless DLink router for the desktop and two laptops It was all working fine with our home network connecting with all the computers Then my laptop stopped being connected to the home network I tried rebooting didn t help I read online that I should reset the router- so I pushed on the reset button and reset it Then I learned that was the worst thing I could Accidental hard reset on router- Help! have done-my home network disappeared I think it deleted all the configurations on the router My question now is- can I get it all back Accidental hard reset on router- Help! I am very computer illiterate I do have the CD that came with the router- can I just reinstall it with the CD I see that the home network is still on the computer but it will not show up on the internet access The only way I can connect to the internet is using the DLink internet access but I understand that is not safe So- is there any way to recover all the configurations my nephew put in or must I start from scratch Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Accidental hard reset on router- Help!

ask your nephew if he saved the settings for you, or try searching your computer for a file named something like this

network settings.conf

not sure if DLink save as .conf files but worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidental-hard-reset-on-router-help.1086000/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all nbsp Just reset laptop, deleted OS Hard yesterday I tried using my laptop at which point it froze and I had to force it to shut down After several failed attempts at switching it on again it gave me the error message that it found no bootable device nbsp Looking on the HP website I saw that Hard reset laptop, OS deleted they recommended a hard reset which I performed However now when I switch the laptop on it asks me to install an OS nbsp I do have a repair disc however I have no system image for my own laptop which I can use to resotre it I do have my files backed up I've tried using my brother's laptop's system image we have the same model but my laptop would not recognise it on the external hard drive on which it is saved nbsp Does anyone know how I could get my OS back without purchasing a new install disc nbsp Thank you nbsp in advance for the help nbsp Extra info in case it is relevant nbsp Laptop was purchased in Summer Upgraded to Windows from in Summer Have had no problem with Windows until now nbsp

A:Hard reset laptop, OS deleted

Hi, As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from 7, you can just create your own Windows 10 installation media and perform a clean installation as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset-laptop-OS-deleted/td-p/5679362
Relevancy 43.43%

My laptop won't start.  I have read through this blog, and did a hard reset (twice) and it still won't start.  I've had this issue in the past and have been able to solve it with a hard reset, but not this time.   What else can I do? The battery still had some "juice" in it as recently as last week, as I was able to use it without power for a few hours with no problems.   Thanks.  

A:Laptop still won't turn on after hard reset

Hi there @PaulaEmde,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your notebook is not powering up. I am happy to help with this. When it is plugged in do you see a charging LED lit?When you try to power it on, is there any sound of the unit starting, like the fans spinning or the sound of the hard drive spinning up?Do you have another power adapter available that you can try?Have you tried a different electrical outlet?Do you have a direct power connection, or are you using a power bar, or UPS? For now give these a try, and let me know the results and the answers to my questions. Hopefully one of these will resolve the issue, but if not, the answers may help to localize the cause.Using and Testing the AC Power AdapterHP Notebook PCs - Computer does not start (Windows 8)Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-still-won-t-turn-on-after-hard-reset/td-p/4982739
Relevancy 43.43%

After working fine (well mostly) for the last couple of years, my network has been crashing for the last week or so. While connected to the internet, minding their own business, suddenly all 3 of my computers will lose internet access. I've tried everything, including following the instructions received on the D-Link help line (model DI-624), and I can get the system back up for a while, but inevitably it will crash again almost immediately. The only thing that has worked so far is doing a a hard reset (is that what it's called?) where you stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold for 20 or so seconds.

Question 1: Does this mean my router must be replaced?

Question 2: Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients? Would that cause the whole shebang to crash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am so frustrated!

A:D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

'Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients?'

Possibly.

The obvious test is to run only 1, and if it happens, keep alternating one out and another in. If all 3 get the router failure 1 at a time, then the router is toast. If single comp causes the fail, then the comp NIC is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-needs-hard-reset.109730/
Relevancy 43.43%

Stuck on blue restarting screen after update. Tried to perform a hard reset by holding down the power button, was unsussecful.  Also tried power button + mute...that too didnt not work. It doesnt seem to be reponding to anything. Its been "restarting" for 3 hours.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Hard-reset-wont-work/td-p/5706370
Relevancy 43.43%

What is the problem actually? I thought this is virus but when i scan with my AV nothing wrong...

A:pc black suddenly got to hard reset

Hi Gradeabra,

Based on no other information on your computer and your problem, I would say that reset is very likely due to overheat. May be a maintenance cleaning up would help.

Good luck and post back.

Bruce

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283253-pc-black-suddenly-got-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

New laptop May 2016, with Win 10 x 64  installed.  Ran all upgrades.  Since purchase, every time I restart, shut down etc, it 'resets' all of the personalized settings, especially annoying is the mouse/touch pad.  I have to open settings every single time and select the disable touch pad, and also select the have touchpad icon on task bar.  While I'm in this session, all is fine, but a soon as I shut down/restart it goes back to squre one, starting point ever time.  It's very annoying.  Especially that the icon won't stay on the task bar-I have to go to settings, advanced/more settings...etc.  I've updated everything, I've run 'fixes' have tried everything I can think of.  Thanks much!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Every-restart-is-basically-a-hard-reset-and-I-m-NOT-doing-a/td-p/5658118
Relevancy 43%

Running Win7x86, and it started getting extremely slow, within 2 days of this it started refusing to load at all.

The system is brand new (ready built from ebuyer), and the only alterations have been a sysfan, spare hdd, spare dvdrw.

When trying to load the boot screens take AGES, often sitting blank black for 2/3 mins. Then it sticks on the windows 7 flag for a few minutes and restarts. Upon restart it defaults to the repair centre, where the "windows is loading files..." bar slllooooowwwwlllyyy drags itself to full over 10 or so minutes.

I've managed a few successful start-up repairs, but to no improvement.

I would rather get this fixed myself than resort to the arduous process of ebuyer returns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

R3BORN

A:Slow boot, followed by crash and reset. Very slow repair center load

Repair centre load quickly from disk. Currently running memory diagnostic - starting to suspect hdd issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247189-slow-boot-followed-crash-reset-very-slow-repair-center-load.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently did a hard reset on my Lumia 640 running 8.1 update 2 due to issues in sync (805a8011 & 8500201D) errors. Right after the reset I noticed usual drop in charge in the battery.. Even when in charging, the battery drops by 1 or 2% which I noticed a few times. I checked the background apps and killed then and did everything possible to keep the usage minimum. But even then the unusual behaviour persists. Could it be some system error during reset? Do I need to perform another reset or what else can I do? Please help with your valuable advice guys.

A:unusual battery behaviour after hard reset

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I recently did a hard reset on my Lumia 640 running 8.1 update 2 due to issues in sync (805a8011 & 8500201D) errors. Right after the reset I noticed usual drop in charge in the battery.. Even when in charging, the battery drops by 1 or 2% which I noticed a few times. I checked the background apps and killed then and did everything possible to keep the usage minimum. But even then the unusual behaviour persists. Could it be some system error during reset? Do I need to perform another reset or what else can I do? Please help with your valuable advice guys. Your system is updating, downloading and syncing all core and 3rd party apps, and it needs time, usually a couple of days, after a hard reset.
Keep it plugged and wifi connected, then receck all system settings like video uploading e.g., they are all set to on by default

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438919-unusual-battery-behaviour-after-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43%

My keyboard and trackpad don't work for some reason. I read on the internet that I have to do a hard reset (taking out the battery and disconnecting the AC cable, than holding the power button for 30 seconds) to make it work again. So my question is how to perform a hard reset if the battery is INBUILT. I looked into the user manual of the laptop but I couldn't find anything. My laptop works with a USB mouse and keyboard, and the laptop keyboard works in BIOS. I also tried to find an option to disable the battery in BIOS but couldn't find anything.Thanks for your help!

A:How to hard reset Lenovo Ideapad 100 15IBY

Try this solution posted in previous forum post Shut down your laptopConnecting the ChargerHold the power button down for about 15 seconds or so until it beepsStart up Windows. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/How-to-hard-reset-Lenovo-Ideapad-100-15IBY/td-p/3344049
Relevancy 43%

The thing is that a guy came to me forgotting his BIOS Password and Hard disk Password on his Toshiba!! I managed to remove the hard disk and installing it on my computer unfortunately it didn't read it since a password is locking the hard disk any ideas?? Thank you!

A:How to reset a Laptop Hard disk password

SORRY, you'll have to read the tech guy forum rules on this one. No one here can supply Information on unlocking passwords etc. We cannot verify your reasons for doing so!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-a-laptop-hard-disk-password.773789/
Relevancy 43%

Afternoon hoping to get some assistance i have tried calling tech support times they keep telling me they are shipping me a box to send it back after many fustrating hours and days Tried Nothing 9 Hard Still HP On, Turn ... System Is Reset Wont of follow up i have decided to reach out to see if there is something someone can help me with so nbsp System was running great then next morning about months ago the computer just turned off when i go to re start it i get no respone so i did some research the other night about a HARD RESET i completed this now HP Wont Turn On, Tried Hard Reset Still Nothing System Is 9 ... when nbsp i HP Wont Turn On, Tried Hard Reset Still Nothing System Is 9 ... press the power button system boots up and then shows HP screen and shuts right down no luck besides now it turns on please note that when this happens the led goes off even when the charger is still plugged in nbsp If i unplug the charger and plug it back in i will get the led on showing we have power charging with a stead orange any help would be great i need this for my school i have projects due and i spend alot of money nbsp on this computer and the fact that phone tech support keeps giving me run around even gave me tracking code for it shows waiting for pickup and HP still months now i just need this working agian nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Wont-Turn-On-Tried-Hard-Reset-Still-Nothing-System-Is-9/td-p/5821306
Relevancy 43%

my speakers and microphone had stopped working...everything else was fine so i followed the steps to resolve issue on hp support.when it asked to do a hard reset i followed the instructions but my laptop will not now restart...am just getting a very quick flash fron on button then nothing...need help to resolve this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-wont-restart-after-hard-reset/td-p/5611725
Relevancy 43%

Bought two of these devices from ebay - no reason to suspect they are faulty in any way - help Intel Express for Netport reset 10/100 hard lights etc perform as others we already have problem is they were previously used and have already been assigned a TCP IP address and help hard reset for Intel Netport Express 10/100 name by a previous user which I can see on the self-test print page But I cannot see these devices in the netport manager software I have manuals for them and the hard reset to factory status is to hold down print-test button while powering on but this does not seem to work Other problem probably the reason they cannot be seen in manager is I cannot even ping them on my network I have a netgear -port switch off a Novell server and have an idea that either the server or the switch is not permitting communication due to IP segment rules I am not a network guru and am at a loss as to what to do next Any suggestions gratefully received nbsp

A:help hard reset for Intel Netport Express 10/100

I found this
Windows* 2000 and Windows* NT 4.0 using the Intel® NetportExpress? print server Add Printer Wizard or LPR printing.
what OS are you using
may need additional softwares
and ya I guess if they did not give you the ip address it's going to be tuff getting in
even got a password I bet
not lucky nough to have a reset hole to hard reset
may ned to oper'r up and see if there's a factory jumper inside

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-hard-reset-for-intel-netport-express-10-100.48801/
Relevancy 43%

Yesterday my laptop suddenly stopped responding. I followed the tutorial and removed the battery and tried booting up the laptop using the charger. It doesn't work. I can see the charger port going from white to orange and then blank in quick succession. Then I tried keeping the battery and the charger plugged in for a long time without turning on the laptop. The charger remains orange for more than an hour before turning white.   I tried running the laptop after couple of hours and it boots up fine. But on the other hand, charger starts to act up again cycling through nothing, orange and white. So when the battery charge falls below 15%, it goes through low battery and then showing a bit of charge then again warning.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-boot-up-even-with-hard-reset/td-p/5701676