Windows Support Forum

"Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message

Q: "Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message

I just began getting this error yesterday. What is the likelihood that another issue besides a failing hard drive is causing error? Secondly, I've already purchased a new hard drive as a precaution. What is the fastest/easiest way to backup/clone this drive?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: "Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: "Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message

Hello,

Please open an elevated command prompt.
When you have the command promt open please enter the following command:
sfc /scannow and press enter.
After the scan is 100% and the scan did repair files please restart your computer.

Please re-open an elevated command prompt and enter the following command:
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

The cbs.log file will be posted on the Desktop as the current user, named sfcdetails.txt. Please attach this file in your next post.

Note: You can also copy/paste the commands to make it easier.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61030-windows-detected-hard-disk-problem-error-message.html
Relevancy 106.02%

Hi,

Recently, an error message "Windows detected a hard disk problem" always pop ups in my monitor.

I have done "Error Checking" also " Defragmentation"...but that error message doesn't disappear.

What should I do?

Thanks a Lot.

A:Error message " Widows detected a hard disk problem"

That is not a most welcome message.

I would immediately backup the most important personal data and run the DOS version of Manufacturer's Diagnostic Utility. If it passes without any event reported, fine. But if it finds bad sectors and even if it repairs it, be wary. Not to be taken aback by any catastrophic failure that may occur unannounced, always backup all your personal data and also image your system regularly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372671-error-message-widows-detected-hard-disk-problem.html
Relevancy 90.21%

hello i have bought a new computer recently and today i got this error message i think the error is hard i fixing help disk with has detected a need "windows problem". quite famous i will i need help with fixing "windows has detected a hard disk problem". provide a photo if needed and i have been trying to fix with no luck here is the situation so far i got the error after updating it poped up after restarting the computer the driver for my nvidia graphics card not sure if this is important i've searched around and i couldn't tell if this is a legitimate error or just maleware i ran check disk and no bad sectors were found i ran malwarebytes and it didn't find anything i ran superantispyware and it found and cleaned some threats i ran seaTools and the drive passed the fix all function i have done a complete back up just in case how do i fix this problem please inform me if any information is needed and i will provide it ASAP i apologize for the long post Thank You

A:i need help with fixing "windows has detected a hard disk problem".

If you have made a backup image of your drive - you have done the best thing, just in case.

Are you still getting the message?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/247311-i-need-help-fixing-windows-has-detected-hard-disk-problem.html
Relevancy 88.97%

My laptop is getting really slow and i cant use browser as it gets slower and hangs a lot. What do i do ?

Relevancy 82.46%

Hello I am receiving this message when turning on my laptop It just started appearing today I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E i - U -inch GB GB SSD AMD Radeon R M Full HD Windows Pro Business Laptop Computer I bought it new months ago but just started message "Windows error problem" detected disk hard a using it months ago It was very expensive so this error message I'm receiving is troubling I google'd and read people saying this is not an actual error message from Windows but its a virus I ran both Malwarebytes and ESET virus scan and both programs did not find anything I also tried running Malwarebytes in safe mode with networking I've also "Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message right clicked both C and Q hard drives clicked Properties gt Tools and checked for errors on both It did not find any errors I have backed up all my files onto an external hard drive So I really need help I don't know if the hard drive actually has a problem and needs replaced or if a virus malware is causing this popup Somebody please help me thank you EDIT I also just downloaded hdtune because I read about it on another site when I google'd this problem When I click the Health tab within the problem this is what shows And when I click the red part listed this is what shows I don't know if that helps or not I will now not attempt anything else until I receive some help here thank you

A:"Windows detected a hard disk problem" error message

The computer is under warranty...right?  So, that is where you need to go for help...the manufacturer Lenovo.
I think the Windows message is legit. Scam messages would ask you to contact the scammer by phone, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600556/windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem-error-message/
Relevancy 82.46%

Yesterday when I switch on my computer it automatic diskcheck on my E disk I have HDD which is C My main partition installed Windows on this HDD D is for all my game files Installed games and E is for all my music movies unreadable" Hard failing? is segment disk Error record is message"File game installer software etc So back to the point when I switch on my computer and get to the quot Windows is Starting Hard disk is failing? Error message"File record segment is unreadable" quot and it stuck right there for about - minutes Firstly I have no patient so I restated the computer and second or third time also have the same problem So I choose to wait patiently after - minutes it have a black screen for about to a few minutes then it started the disk check on my E drive Once the process started I have total file record as shown on the disk check and continue to file record it started to give me message stated quot File record segment is unreadable Hard disk is failing? Error message"File record segment is unreadable" File record segment is unreadable quot and so on and sometimes it continue to go smoothly without the message but not long or sooner it will appear again Almost the whole process I get these message which worried me and I wonder if my hard disk is failing badly and unable to recover It continues to finish the process and attempt to fix the bad sector And after that it successfully log onto Windows so I can use it normally again But I notice my E HDD cannot access and the quot My Computer quot screen is loading very slow and sometimes goes unrespond One thing very weird is that after I few hours I log on to Windows it pop up a message saying quot Do you want to scan and fix Removable Drive quot Then I choose to scan and fix it and it goes the same process which scanning the file record and everything and it fixes some bad sector I done two things with the statement I said on top Red colour word first I did not run the scanning and fixing and continue to use my Windows the second attempt was I do the scanning and fixing When everything is done I can see that quot My Computer quot runs is a little bit faster when I double click on quot My Computer quot but it doesn't remains long After I few test or trying to access to the E HDD everything back to the same problem again I cannot access the HDD again So what should I do about it I haven't restarted my PC for now when I posted this post because I still want to use my computer so I'm waiting for reply I hope you guys can help me out Here is my computer spec Code Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Motherboard Asus P H -M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX If I miss out any information please inform me and sorry for the long story take your time to understand my situation Thank you

A:Hard disk is failing? Error message"File record segment is unreadable"

The "File record segment xxx is unreadable" error is an indication of failing hard drive. You should backup the data from this drive before it's too late.

Next, run some diagnostic testing on the failing hard drive; most HDD manufacturers have the diagnostic software available from their website. Software from Seagate will work with most brand.

If this drive would be mine, I'd just get a new one, the drive certainly will not get better...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/256331-hard-disk-failing-error-message-file-record-segment-unreadable.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 108.79%

quot A problem caused name of program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available quot But no solution shows I have been using the same HP Pavilion tx for a year and a half with no software or compatibility issues Program} working" ... Message of stopped "A Windows Problem caused "{Name Error has I run Vista Home Premium Service Pack - bit Slowly this message began Windows Error Message "{Name of Program} has stopped working" "A Problem caused ... to appear with every microsoft program I opened and then started to spread to non microsoft programs I tried reinstalling the programs doing a system restore to the oldest restore point I could I also tried uninstalling any window updates that were installed right before my problems I have read some strings that indicate it may be a compatibility issue between the service pack and vista but the service pack came with the computer and it has been working fine until recently I am at loss what to try next Has anyone using Vista Home Home Premium experience anything like this nbsp

A:Windows Error Message "{Name of Program} has stopped working" "A Problem caused ...

hi and welcome the first thing to do is run your anti virus and malware progs this will check for issues there and hopefully rule it out the next thing to try is sfc/scnw http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html its a how to and also try this http://searchenterprisedesktop.techtarget.com/generic/0,295582,sid192_gci1276029,00.html this will check for other problems in both your files and your hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-error-message-name-of-program-has-stopped-working-a-problem-caused.804756/
Relevancy 107.93%

Hi,

I've been having this problem for a few days now. Every time I start up I get this error message Windows - no disk Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9. Also when I open up task manager the window looks funny i.e. all the tabs disappear and I cannot close it. This thing seems to be slowing down my system.

Please advise. Thanks!

Raphael

A:Solved: "Windows - No Disk" error message [moved from XP; further malware help may be

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-no-disk-error-message-moved-from-xp-further-malware-help-may-be.729191/
Relevancy 107.07%

First of all i Please Error disk" message help Solved: me! "windows-no just want to let everyone know that i am not very good with computers so please bare with me Here is my problem my wife was trying to download pics from her memory card of her camera sd card to my computer so that she could burn the pics to a cd Solved: Error message "windows-no disk" Please help me! My computer Gateway GT H has a slot to insert the memory card into the tower of the computer She inserted the card retrieved the pics and proceeded to burn them to a cd When she was done she shut down the computer Now evertime i start the compuer i get an error message pop up quot windows-no disk quot quot there is no disk in drive Please insert disk into drive quot I also must click cancel multiple time to get rid of the error message Gateway tech s could not help resolve the problem and told me to contact the manufacture of the sd card because they believe there is a compatability issue I have windows XP if you need to know Can anyone help me nbsp

Relevancy 107.07%

I recently burned a couple of CDS (filled with videos and mp3s) and MADE SURE that they worked properly and were burned correctly BEFORE I deleted the videos and mp3s from my computer. Well, I burned about 5 cds. I was checking over some of the CDs and 2 of the burned CDs dont want to work. I get the following error:

"Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows"
Why am I gettin this? Im POSITIVE that the disk was burned correctly but now all of a sudden Im gettin this error. I got Windows XP SP2, Gateway Computer.

A:Error Message: "Windows Cannot Read From This Disk."

Are they in perfect condition?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-windows-cannot-read-from-this-disk.367042/
Relevancy 107.07%

I get this error message whenever I try to run iTunes or load a music CD. I cannot get it to disappear, and end up having to reboot. I have run A-Spyware & A-V software, and have cleaned my register.

I saw a solution to this in forum threads, which referred to using "Hijack This". But the solution required someone else to look at my log file, and then suggest specific actions.

Can anyone help me through this please?

Many thanks.

Relevancy 106.21%

I've tried frequently documented solution regarding FsDepends where
changing the start reg key from a value of 3 to 0.... doesn't work as this is a common symptom to a different problem.

When using partdisk or the disk management gui I get the error message: "A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found"
eg partdisk select vdisk file=c:\my.vdh
There are some statements that some Intel Management Control Software might be knobbing this feature... does anybody know what this installation is doing so that the process can be reversed?
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81768fc4-bddf-48bb-b65e-f2fd95194605/windows-7-fails-to-mount-vhd-error-message-quot-a-virtual-disk-support-provider-for-the-specified?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 106.21%

im not completely sure if this has to do with windows but i keep having an error message pop up randomly and i have no idea what it is talking about it says:

"Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x75EF92A0 0x00000004 0x75EF92A0 0x75EF92A0"

and it only lets me cancel, try again, or continue, but whatever i do it usually pops up a few more times. can some1 please tell me what the hell it means or just how to fix it?

A:"Windows- No Disk" error message???

hi and welcome maybe this will be useful http://forums.techguy.org/business-a...essing-10.html a lot of options

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-no-disk-error-message-363646.html
Relevancy 106.21%

has anyone ever received this message??

"windows no disk"

how did you fix it??

A:"windows no disk" error message.

Hard drive error.,more than likely. Go to hdds makers website,
download the diagnostic utility and run it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-no-disk-error-message-208052.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I can not open my photoshop program in Windows XP professional, it says No Disk and the exact error message is Parameters 75b6bfc 4 75b6b7c 75b6b7c ? Anyone know how to fix this ? Thank you

A:Windows "No Disk " error message

Hi do you have any p2p software on the machine,what av do you have

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-no-disk-error-message-507470.html
Relevancy 106.21%

For whatever reason I have been getting the message quot Windows - No Disk quot when I log on to my No message Disk" error - "Windows user name This is really annoying and would like to stop it If anyone has any suggestion s for solving this problem it would be greatly appreciated I have run quot hijackthis quot and posted the log for review Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at "Windows - No Disk" error message AM on Platform Windows XP "Windows - No Disk" error message SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS "Windows - No Disk" error message System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe D Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe D Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe D Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanel exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe D Program Files Adobe Adobe Version Cue ControlPanel VersionCueTray exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi DVDAudio CTDVDDET EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security TMAS OE TMAS OEMon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe D Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files BUFFALO HDBackup HDBackup exe C Program Files BUFFALO HDManage HDManage exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE D Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Bill Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE UD EXMX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sandiego cox net cci home R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO HelperObject Class - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - D Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - D Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - D Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - D Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtr... Read more

A:"Windows - No Disk" error message

has to do with hp media zone

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/11/29/497983.aspx

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...oduct=1118243&lang=en&cc=us&docname=c00575445

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-error-message.453148/
Relevancy 106.21%

I can not open my photoshop prom in Windows XP professional, it says No Disk and the exact error message is Parameters 75b6bfc 4 75b6b7c 75b6b7c ? Anyone know how to fix this ? Thank you

A:Windows "No Disk " error message

No need to Post twice, we heard you.
In Photoshop go to File\Preferences\Memory & Image Cache, and set the value of used by Photoshop to 50%. Restart Photoshop. Or if you have another drive, set the Scratch Disk to be on another drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-no-disk-error-message-507469.html
Relevancy 105.35%

I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS and I flashed the Bios using my A1 Suite in Asus to upgrade it and everything went fine but as can sometimes happen I got the message upon reboot that " No Hard Disk Detected ".

Everything is working fine from bootup to shutdown and I know that there is a fix for this...I think in the Bios...but I forgot what it is. Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanking you all in advance!

My specs are as follows: Mobo is Asus P5Q3 Deluxe WiFi-AP @n LGA 775 ATX Mobo, Intel P45 Chipset, Supports Intel Core 2 Quad CPU's, Dual DDR3 2000, Sata 3Gb/s RAID, CrossFire Ready, PCI-E 2.0

A:" No Hard Disk Detected After Flashing Bios "

Tried rolling back to previous bios?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-disk-detected-after-flashing-bios.807496/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi I am trying to install Windows Ultimate bit on to a dell from boot Windows hard-disk error" Install "Can't 7 xps and having a lot of problems The Computer has harddisks C - Vista Came preloaded With the Pc when i bought it D Vista Recovery GB thing Came preloaded With the Pc when i bought it F Empty drive i want to install windows on J Harddrive for everything else The problem is when i boot from the disk i can start the installer but when it allows me to choose where to install to the harddrive Install Windows 7 "Can't boot from hard-disk error" always comes up as quot Can not install blah blah Windows can NOT boot from this Disk quot I have tried all sorts of ways to get around this like unplugging everything apart Install Windows 7 "Can't boot from hard-disk error" from the cd drive and harddrive i want to install it on im getting really fed up with this Is the problem that im trying to do a dual boot I also read somewhere about getting sata drivers for my motherboard but after hours of searching the web gave up All i can tell that my motherboard is is a FOXCONN LS but i Install Windows 7 "Can't boot from hard-disk error" can t find sata drivers for this anywhere On the dell website i tried all of the Sata downloads but if i locate the downloaded file whilst in win setup it doesn t like the file Am i doing some majorly wrong and stupid here Please help me Spud nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-windows-7-cant-boot-from-hard-disk-error.961235/
Relevancy 104.49%

I just replaced "No on disk up detected" hard boot the stock xtremegear psu my computer came with because one day the computer just shut "No hard disk detected" on boot up off and wouldn t turn on again I replaced it with a corsair gs I m pretty sure I plugged everything in the and pins into the motherboard and the pci-e into the graphics card as well as the fans and the cd drive When I turn it on it goes through MSI s start screen but then it tells me something about No hard disk detected Then it goes to the MSI screen again and gives me a choice to boot with but there s only one choice cd dvd atapi drive I choose that and it doesn t work I double checked the connections I have plugged in and those are secure there are lights flashing on the motherboard so that s getting power That s the pin one right I also checked the one in the corner the pin one seems to be secure They both clicked in Could someone please tell me what I might have done wrong Oh and here s the computer information that came with my invoice Ignore the PSU it now has what I said KB- - BLACK XTREME GEAR MULTIMEDIA INTERNET USB KEYBOARD MO- - BLACK XTREME GEAR OPTICAL USB GAMING MOUSE CU- - INTEL i - GHZ M RETAIL HD- - TB SATA III RPM quot HARD DRIVE RM- - KINSTON HYPER X DDR MHz GB MEMORY FA-WATER- ASETEK LC MM WATERCOOLER FA- - CASE FAN MM CS- - BLACK AZZA HURRICANE FULL TOWER GAMING CASE NO P OWER CD- - BLACK LITE-ON X DVDRW MR- - -IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER MB- - MSI X A-GD USB SLI CROSSFIRE USB SATA LGA PS- - XTREMEGEAR WATT POWER SUPPLY VC- - AMD RADEON HD GB DDR PICE SW- - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM LICENSE SW- - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM COA SW- - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM SP -BIT Some more info I go into the bios and I honestly have no idea what s going on SATA has the cd dvd drive listed SATA on are all disabled there s nothing there but the system specs show every component in the machine so it s obviously picking them up nbsp

A:"No hard disk detected" on boot up

try to replace the cable of your Hard disk drive......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-hard-disk-detected-on-boot-up.1065398/
Relevancy 104.06%

Ok I built a PC a month ago and everything seemed find no problems of any sort The other night I defragmented my hard drive and shut it down and turned it on today to a memory test and the message quot Disk Boot Failure Boot on Insert system Error press first message Disk "Disk and enter" build Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter quot The computer has Error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter" on first build access to the XP pro w sp disk only as a boot device but it will not recognize it now I have set Cd-rom as st for boot sequence then hard drive I have no floppy drive and the bios has been configured to know that I am not sure if this means anything but in the bios the IDE Channel Master says none and when I try to turn on auto detection it wont detect a hard drive The HDD is fully connected and has not been touched since I installed it a month ago I have this awful feeling that I fried the HDD when I defragmented it last night Any help would be very much appreciated But please be simple this is my first build and my knowledge at this sort of thing is very very sketchy at best nbsp

A:Error message "Disk Boot Failure, Insert system Disk and press enter" on first build

The first thing to do would be to get a new data cable for the herd drive and see if that fixes it, they are nice and cheap nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-on-first-build.94705/
Relevancy 103.2%

I keep seeing this error.. "Windows is having a hard disk problem." And it basically prompts me to backup my data, like I am about to see an impending hard drive issue. I found some threads on other forums, but found nothing conclusive. Any ideas. This is a pretty new hard drive, and it is a new install of windows 7. There is also another older drive connected to the system, that contains all the older files, which I have moved over to the new..

Need to confirm which drive is having the issues, if it is indeed having issues, or if there is something I can look into to resolve some sort of software related issue that is causing the problem.

A:"Windows is having a hard disk problem".. pops up..

Will add.. The OS seems to be running very smooth, and does not seem to be having any problems..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/30206-windows-having-hard-disk-problem-pops-up.html
Relevancy 103.2%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 102.77%

hi
som times my os stope and show this message
a problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown
and when i restart os it work correctly
i dont have any problem whit this pc befor this

ram 2*2gig
cpu core i3-2100

A:help to fix error a" problem has been detected and windows"

This stop error means that your ntfs file system is corrupt (damage in the file system, bad hard drive data, corrupt SCSI or IDE drivers or a corrupt ntfs.sys file).

1, If you still can access Windows, try to disable any backup programs, virus scanning programs or disk defragmenter tools. Try also to run a hardware diagnostics tool to detect any errors your hard drive might have. Also I would advise to run the chkdsk command in command prompt "chkdsk C: /r/f

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269504-help-fix-error-problem-has-been-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I am getting the following error message.  It doesn't sound good.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Windows detected a hard disk problem.

Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss, and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk.

- start backup process
- ask me again later
- don't ask me about this problem again

A:getting message saying "Windows detected a hard disk problem"

Do you have a backup to an external drive ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598621/getting-message-saying-windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem/
Relevancy 101.48%

i need help whenever i open ie a page that says quot warning spyware detected quot appears which directs me to something like an quot internet-options quot website there is also this annoying popup about quot american green card quot i already used spybot and adaware problem "warning! message spyware detected" here is "warning! spyware detected" message problem my hijackthis log thank you very much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C WINDOWS System khooker exe C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files NetPumper NetPumperIEProxy exe C WINDOWS yvdhmlvh exe C WINDOWS system ntnut exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C PROGRA NETPUM NETPUM EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search cgi b R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search cgi a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res C WINDOWS system shdocpe dll security htm subID BSW R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com cus my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search cgi b R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search cgi a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search cgi a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res shdocpe dll asst htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - ACB E - - C -A - B A A CB - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft System Checkup netlogin exe O - HKLM Run NT Logging Service syslog exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-spyware-detected-message-problem.308628/
Relevancy 101.48%

i need help whenever i open ie a page that says quot warning spyware detected quot message problem spyware detected" "warning! appears which directs me to something like an quot internet-options quot website there is also this annoying popup about quot american green card quot i already used spybot and adaware here is my hijackthis log thank you very much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system "warning! spyware detected" message problem lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System RunDll exe "warning! spyware detected" message problem C WINDOWS System khooker exe C WINDOWS System carpserv exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech "warning! spyware detected" message problem hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files NetPumper NetPumperIEProxy exe C WINDOWS yvdhmlvh exe C WINDOWS system ntnut exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C PROGRA NETPUM NETPUM EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files ISTsvc istsvc exe C Program Files HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search cgi b R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search cgi a R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res C WINDOWS system shdocpe dll security htm subID BSW R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search cgi b R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search cgi a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search cgi a R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant res shdocpe dll asst htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - ACB E - - C -A - B A A CB - no file O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA YAHOO COMPAN INSTALLS cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exe O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard B B-DCAB- - EE - F hphupd exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warning-spyware-detected-message-problem.308352/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hello!

I have been getting a really annoying error lately every time I reboot.

The error message "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" appears a few minutes after start-up.

I click "To see what data this error report contains, click here." and it shows this:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.3156 ModName: ws2_32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0000664d

I have run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware Professional and Trend Micro OfficeScan but i still get the problem whenever I restart my computer.

Although my windows seems to be working properly after I click "don't send report" (due to restore settings?), the error message annoys me every time i restart my computer.

What shall I do to repair the problem? Please let me know if you need my HJT log. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Kaye

A:Start-up error message: "windows has encountered a problem & needs to close"

The next time the error dialog opens, use [Details] to get the exact Error Code and description.

Now see: Windows System Error Codes

You should bookmark the above site AND Microsoft Stop (BSoD) Codes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-up-error-message-windows-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close-304201.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Occurs at start up Ran S amp D Adaware and AVG Ran HiJackThis in safe mode What do I do next Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS with C:\WINDOWS FireDaemon.exe"... up and pops Error message:"Problem system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS pops up and Error message:"Problem with FireDaemon.exe"... system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com R - HKLM C:\WINDOWS pops up and Error message:"Problem with FireDaemon.exe"... Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard C:\WINDOWS pops up and Error message:"Problem with FireDaemon.exe"... ShellNext http www alias com cgi-bin activat nlimited O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PBlockHelper Class - B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - C PROGRA NETSCA NETSCA pbhelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run Gateway Extended Warranty quot C Program Files Gateway GWCares GWCares exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run ShowWnd ShowWnd exe O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp sttray exe O - HKLM Run IntelAudioStudio quot C Program Files Intel Audio Studio IntelAudioStudio exe quot BOOT O - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair C Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoTray C Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run Microsoft Update C WINDOWS O - HKCU Run LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot C Program Files Logitech Video ManifestEngine exe quot boot O - Global Startup Logitech Desktop Messenger lnk C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LDMConf exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup TabUserW exe lnk C WINDOWS system Wtablet TabUserW exe O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra con... Read more

A:C:\WINDOWS pops up and Error message:"Problem with FireDaemon.exe"...

I also disabled the three FireDaemon processes in the Services window per advice I read in another thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/c-windows-pops-up-and-error-message-problem-with-firedaemon-exe-75123.html
Relevancy 100.19%

My Dell laptop is displaying this message upon booting up I have no idea how to start fixing it or figuring out "Internal detected" Error Drive not HDD - Hard whether it is fixable My dell charger is worn out and the computer has not recognized it -- it still gets power to the computer but the computer does not recognize it as a dell charger and therefor I can run the computer on AC power but it cannot charge I haven t needed to use my HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected" laptop out of my house in HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected" awhile so I haven t really worried HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected" about it but can the fact that the battery has been totally drained for awhile about a week I think -- and totally drained if I unplug the charger it turns off immediately have something to do with it I have it on a working charger right now trying to revive the battery but the battery light is not on so I don t think it s even charging If trying to charge it doesn t help what do I do I can still run setup and the boot menu but I have no idea what to do when running these nbsp

A:HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected"

"My dell charger is worn out, and the computer has not recognized it"...

Your post is confusing. Are you talking about the AC adapter (charger) here? If the charger isn't being recognized by the laptop, how is the charger able to power the laptop?

The laptops internal battery is probably dead. They don't last forever. What about this " HDD Error - "Internal Hard Drive not detected"...?"

This means that there is something seriously wrong with the hard drive. This hard drive stores all your data, pictures, email and Operating System

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-internal-hard-drive-not-detected.82332/
Relevancy 100.19%

Greetings everyone Last Tuesday when I turned my computer on I got the message Error XP difficulty Problem, in Read "Disk resolving... Windows Occurred" A disk read error occurred press crtrl alt delete to restart Since then I have been searching online for a way to get my computer back up amp running The specs of my computer Dell Inspiron Notebook Windows XP Pro SP P Ghz w Hyper Threading gb Memory gb Western Digital PATA IDE HD Replaced original gb Windows XP "Disk Read Error Occurred" Problem, difficulty in resolving... HD in May b c too small Removable internal DVD CD-RW drive amp a removable internal floppy disk Purchased in Oct When I installed the new HD back in May I used Apricorn EZ Gig II amp the included HD enclosure to copy the contents of the old HD onto the new one I first ran the onboard Dell diagnostics it did a full system scan from the processor to the memory to the HD it told Windows XP "Disk Read Error Occurred" Problem, difficulty in resolving... me everything was fine I then ran the WD hard drive utility from a floppy disk I ran both the Windows XP "Disk Read Error Occurred" Problem, difficulty in resolving... quick amp full tests and it told me there were no problems Since the HD seems to be alright I ve been wondering if something has corrupted the Master Boot Record I do my best to keep my system in check security-wise I run Norton amp Ad-Aware there s more I can do though I know I don t think it could be malware but who knows Anyways I ve tried booting from my Windows CD to get to the Recovery Console or do a repair installation but things hit a snag The drive spins up amp I get a message telling me setup is preparing files but then the screen goes black amp nothing else happens other what sounds like the optical drive spinning down This happens regardless of whether I go into bios amp change the boot order or if I press F to go to the one-time boot menu I have also tried using a knoppix LiveCD something I read about on several forum threads but all I get is a message telling me there is not bootable media I tried using my external DVD Burner drive but to no avail It does not matter if I remove the internal optical drive amp adjust bios to both the CD drive amp or USB it won t work The drive spins up but nothing happens I know the Windows CD works as I ve tested it in another computer I then downloaded the XP floppy disk boot set amp tried to get Windows set-up started with them It works fine until I am asked to insert the th disk Once I do that I get the blue screen of death with the following error message A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer etc etc Technical Information STOP x B Xf a xC x x At this point I m out of ideas I can t figure out why the CD drive is acting as it is amp why the BSOD is appearing with the floppy disks It may be due to search fatigue but in all the forums I ve read I have yet to find out an explanation for my drive issues or solution to getting Windows running The vast majority of my data is backed up on a second work personal notebook however there is some information that I did not have recently backed up O I know stupidity amp a bit of procrastination to blame Among this is the information for my personal finances program last backup was as of Dec th amp as I play The Sims in my spare time some houses projects I was working on If would prefer to get Windows working properly again but at this point if I could get it running stably long enough so I could get into the programs files I need to back up I would accept that I d rather not have to write zeroes to the drive amp reinstall Windows although I have occasionally thought about it just to get rid of all the accumulated system detrus that gums up the os overtime I have some programs that I no longer have the disks for amp again I would rather not lose the information I don t have backed up My other concern is if I do that my ... Read more

A:Windows XP "Disk Read Error Occurred" Problem, difficulty in resolving...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-disk-read-error-occurred-problem-difficulty-in-resolving.793664/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi

I keep getting the above error message everytime I start Windows or try to use Ad-Aware or Spybot - Search & Destroy. It also states "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive."

I used to insert a DVD into the drive and sometimes it used to work but not anymore.

Hope you can help!

Relevancy 99.33%

I'm a computer lab assistant at Missouri State, and I always work on one of the two computers behind the desk. Both of the lab assistant computers have the same problem, but none of the others in the lab do.

I am on a computer running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with SP3 installed. I only get the "no disk" Error Processing message when I start Firefox. Any suggestions?

(note: I have also attached a copy of this error message, if it will help)

Relevancy 99.33%

When I go to the Winows XP Media Center I get the error message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR3.".

When I first set up Media Player about 8 months ago I got this error message and doing a search I was able to find a fix. Then I had a problem about a month ago and reformatted my hard drive and did the same thing and found a fix.

Well, just had to reformat again and now I can't remember where I found the fix. Can someone help me?

Thanks! Oh - and BTW can someone tell me how I can find where the programs that I recored are stored.

GarysMom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disk-in-drive-error-message-in-media-center.490654/
Relevancy 98.9%

I receive daily a quot Low message Fake Space" Disk error "Low Disk Space quot error message which is incorrect Fake "Low Disk Space" error message and in my estimation fradulent It goes on to give an alternative to rectify this situation by offering to quot Speed up your computer and remove all viruses that are on your computer quot Of course all of this is for a price If you opt in and then change your mind before you totally commit they offer the same package for half price I refuse to be quot sucked in quot by this fraudulent company I have gone to the Fake "Low Disk Space" error message internet to try and find out how I may get rid of this enemy I have used Malwarebytes Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsofts Security fix program Fake "Low Disk Space" error message all to no avail I am at my wits end trying to rid my computer of this plague This is the url that the message comes through as I cannot find out any source that will identify its origin http static salesresourcepartners com g z amp ilmernzkvtaztu B EDC amp pu cGlja VwaG ja V LmNvbQ amp s iexplore amp nm ilmernzkvtaztu amp t aHR cDovL d dy waWNrdXBob NrZXkuY tL ZvcnVtL RvcGljLmFzcD UT BJQ JRD yODIzNw amp r I need help Thanks Doug Bell nbsp

Relevancy 98.9%

After formatting I keep getting error message "Invalid system disk
Replace the disk, and then press any key"

I use this drive for an old PC that was running Xubuntu but now want to reinstall Win 7 after I went complete Linux on my main machine. I know it works. Every article online says the drive is either dead, infected, or whatever. I'm also booting from a flash drive, another thing I read is it's trying to boot from CD instead of USB and change boot order to fix, obviously that's what I'm already doing.

It's formatted fat32 with MBR. Any ideas what to do?

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-invalid-system-disk.1166613/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi I m having some trouble in the GIMP especially when opening or saving files Going to the C drive goes fine but when I go to a following directory I get the quot No Disk quot error message telling me to insert a disk into quot the quot drive Whichever that may be If that were all it wouldn t have been a great deal But whichever button I press in the error message it just pops up again And again and again and again This is seriously bad for one s nerves Disk" GIMP Solved: message in "No error Of course I tried to click very rapidly and eventually it does stop if you re lucky enough not to click once too many Because chances are you click on the save or load dialog then the message pops up and you can start all over again I tell you it s only a matter of time before I have a mental breakdown I was actually uncertain as of in which forum to post as I suspect this could be a Windows problem as well You see whenever I stick a USB stick into my computer the drive letter assigned to it isn t the next one unused Instead it skips one So perhaps my computer thinks there s one more drive - one without a disk in it - while there really isn t That s just an idea though I m using Windows XP SP GIMP and GTK Both are the latest version and there is no Solved: "No Disk" error message in GIMP mention of a quot No Disk quot message in GIMP s Bugzilla Any help would be greatly appreciated of course nbsp

A:Solved: "No Disk" error message in GIMP

bump..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-disk-error-message-in-gimp.441033/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello At boot up my computer will prompt with the quot Windows Windows boot IE and at with 6 error "No error Disk" "hungapp" - No Disk quot error message I try to cancel each time and usually by the the third cancel it finally goes away Internet Explorer will freeze with the quot hungapp quot error message I have to do Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6 a CTRL ALT DEL to close This happens quite frequently and just about makes IE unusable Any ideas as to what can be causing this Below is my HijackThis Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6 log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6 exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Belkin Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Belkin Bulldog Plus upsd exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS Dit exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files mobile PhoneTools WatchDog exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files Yahoo Antivirus CAVRID exe C PROGRA Yahoo YOP yop exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI HYDRAVISION HydraDM exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS DitExp exe C Program Files Belkin Bulldog Plus MUPS exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopOE exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin s... Read more

A:Windows "No Disk" error at boot and "hungapp" error with IE 6

Click Run, type in msconfig, click OK, click Startup tab find dit.exe and uncheck it, click apply and reboot system. This worked for me with "No Disk" problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-error-at-boot-and-hungapp-error-with-ie-6.537014/
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 97.61%

My computer persistantly displays this error message saying quot Windows - No Disk disk no error saying "There in getting Keep message the drive" is There is no disk in the drive Please insert a disk into drive quot When I look at the My Computer screen It shows my floppy drive my C drive the unknown Removable Disk Drive D CD drives E and F my other internal drive G my external H the second partition on my internal drive I a DVD drive J and then finally the second unknown Removable Keep getting error message saying "There is no disk in the drive" Disk Keep getting error message saying "There is no disk in the drive" Drive K I have no idea what these Removable disk drives are or how they got here but I think they are causing the problem Windows thinks there is a disk mounted but there isnt If it helps the applications I was using at the time of when the incident first began was Azureus my DVD drive Divx Player iTunes and maybe some more random stuff This error message pops up whenever I open multiple programs such as iTunes and Azureus I could REALLY use some help with this as it is starting to become very annoying

A:Keep getting error message saying "There is no disk in the drive"

right click on my computer then manage. click on disk management and see what it specifies K:\ as. you can right click and goto properties to get a list of drives attached and maybe it'll give you more specs on this removable drive.

is is possible you installed some software from a removable disk (like a usb key) and the software you are running is looking for the source media? it's possible this new drive has nothing to do with the windows error

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keep-getting-error-message-saying-there-is-no-disk-in-the-drive-108808.html
Relevancy 97.18%

On one system I am getting this error message once every day or two. The hard drive has over 300GB available. The verbatim error message shows nothing in Google.

It reads:
"The space on the hard drive is running low. Currently only xMB is free. Please free space by deleting unused files."

Now it shows 71MB free. Any thoughts?

A:Error Message "The space on the hard drive is running low" isn't true

so do you have 300 gb? or only 71 mb? because if its 71 mb, u have got some major cleaning to do. I doubt that though, some viruses clutter the hard drive. If you have plenty of room, and your still getting the message then you can follow these instructions to remove the annoying message.

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista - Vista Forums

1. open regedit
2. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
3. Right click explorer and then select new then DWORD (32 bit value)
4. name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
5. right click it and press modify
6. change its value to 1 in hexadecimal form then press ok
7. log out and back in and message should be gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248067-error-message-space-hard-drive-running-low-isnt-true.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Brand new Vista user on a brand new Dell Inspiron Migrated Disk Message: "Windows - Error No yesterday using Laplink s PCMover great Error Message: "Windows - No Disk experience but have been getting a pop-up WIndows - No Disk error message I google for help and found a similiar problem here on your forums The guy was asked to post a HiJack This log Mine is below I would so appreciate any help you can give me to get rid of this nuisance window and an explanation of what it is if possible Do you need the Parameters given on the error message I ll try to attach a quot snag quot of it Thank you Janene Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files InkSaver InkSaver exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils OneTouch exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files SlickRun sr exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files MMTaskbar MultiMon exe C Program Files CaptureWiz Pro CaptureWiz exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Taskbar Activate TaskbarActivate exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CaptureWiz Pro CaptureWiz exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files AvaFind AvaFind exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE EXCEL EXE C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Downloaded New HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www worldnetdaily com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www worldnetdaily com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Sy... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-windows-no-disk.671502/
Relevancy 96.75%

I've tried system restore and got this message Windows detected file system corruption on OS C You must check disk corruption You system "Windows disk (C:). e on Error: OS file check must detected for for Error: "Windows detected file system corruption on OS (C:). You must check disk for e errors before it can be restored Error: "Windows detected file system corruption on OS (C:). You must check disk for e So down below of that message there's a link which says ''Check the disk for errors'' So I clicked Error: "Windows detected file system corruption on OS (C:). You must check disk for e on it and then it says ''Windows can't check disk while in use do you want to check for hard disk errors the next time you start your computer '' So I agree to it by clicking ''Schedule disk check'' So then I restart my computer amp and it does nothing at all I wanted to try system retore because theres this pop-up that keeps accuring on my Internet screen Google Crome Internet Explore that says ''Please Install Flash Player Pro To Continue'' and saying that It's outdated But when I did try to install it It wouldn't let me Comes to find out I THINK Idk it's like some type of virus But I was just wondering on why my computer wont allow me to restore now What should I do My computer Desk Top Windows Hp S I'm super slow when it comes to computers so please bear with me

A:Error: "Windows detected file system corruption on OS (C:). You must check disk for e

Hi, go to start search and type, cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the command prompt copy paste the following:-

reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" > 0 & notepad 0

press enter, please post the notepad outcome here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-windows-detected-file-system-corruption-on-os-c-you-must-check-disk-for-e-859513.html
Relevancy 96.75%

My hard drive not showing in "my computer" or "Disk Management" but is showing under device manager. I got the hard drive from a friend and his dad had put a Password encryption on it. Any Ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60253-hard-drive-not-showing-my-computer-disk-managment-help.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi guys I'm new here EXTERNAL WD HARD suddenly "not "unallocated" initialized" 1TB DISK and I've tried to read all the discussion about how to fix the unallocated hard drive but I just can't understand it as the cases were pretty much different than I'm WD EXTERNAL HARD DISK 1TB suddenly "unallocated" and "not initialized" facing of Here's my problem WD EXTERNAL HARD DISK 1TB suddenly "unallocated" and "not initialized" Yesterday my external hard drive seems normal everything is fine until there's a blackout and I have to put quot sleep quot to my laptop After the power got back the hard drive suddenly gone and when I check the list of drives under quot Disk Management quot it showed up as quot Disk - Unallocated quot I've attached screenshots here for your viewing My external hard drive is WD My Passport TB It contains a lot of valuable data I cannot afford to lose I really hope there's a way to fix this and once I get back all of those precious data I will buy another HD to transfer them ASAP because I cant let this happen to me again Your help is so very much appreciated Any questions regarding my problem let me know I'll provide all of the details you guys need NOTE I've tried TestDisk but on the quot Analyse quot process it says quot read error quot I've changed cable but the situation remains the same I've tried Recuva but it doesnt recognize my external drive

A:WD EXTERNAL HARD DISK 1TB suddenly "unallocated" and "not initialized"

Hi!

First don't mess up with the WD drive settings.. download partition wizard 7 (its free)..then .. open it ..click wizard(menu) .. select partition recovery wizard.. and it will find the partitions on it i think.. that way you can recover your partition that has been lost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334178-wd-external-hard-disk-1tb-suddenly-unallocated-not-initialized.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I have a new Gateway laptop and all last week I was using Error" "Disk Read SATA Laptop Drive Hard it to connect to my home pc using Remote Desktop I noticed a few times that after shutting the lid to the laptop SATA Laptop Hard Drive "Disk Read Error" and walking away when I would come back and open the lid the laptop would be froozen I wonder if it was becuase I was leaving the remote desktop connection open and then the laptop would go into sleep mode and it woudnlt wake up properly Either way the only way I could unfreeze it was by restarting the lapt by forcing it to power down Well the last time it happened after I held the power button and forced a shut down when I powered it back on it said quot Disk Read Error quot I have yanked the drive and connected it via usb to my dekstop pc The drive shows up in disk management but has a red circle in the top left hand corner of the partition and doesnt show up in my computer I put the drive back in the laptop and booted of an XP CD and choose the quot repair quot option I tried to do a quot MIXMBR quot but got a return message that NO partition could be found Does anyone have any ideas how I can recover from this I have Acronis disk director suite installed on my desktop pc and I can reconnect my laptop hard drive to the desktop pc but I don t know if it can do the job Does anyone have any ideas I really can t afford to loose my data Please Help nbsp

A:SATA Laptop Hard Drive "Disk Read Error"

This thread can be closed as #1 the issues has been resolved and #2 it doesn't look like anyone will be repying anyways.

Now, in the case that someone does stumble onto this thread here is an update....
Turns out the hard drive was physically damaged (or so I'm told). Since there was sensitive data on the drive I was being extra cautious and after removing the drive and connecting to another pc and seeing the drive but not the partitions or data I didn't even try FixMBR or anythinhg else becuase I didn't want to take the chance of further damage. I took the drive to a data recovery specialst who was able (for a small fee ofcourse) to recover the data. Since the laptop is still under warranty I took it into the store I bought it and told them the sit. Tehy gave me a new hard drive on the spot and I have now restored it back to normal. Thank You all and goodnight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-laptop-hard-drive-disk-read-error.637884/
Relevancy 96.75%

Yet from the same partition i'm able to boot into a quot dual boot type Startup cause and error" "hard reports repair fails as disk with install quot of LUbuntu which im Startup repair fails and reports with "hard disk error" as cause using just fine right now On my other hard drive with a windows install check disk reports NO errors Trying to boot from the windows install dual boot begins booting but almost instantly kicks to an old style loading bar then goes to startup repair and it fails with the problem being quot bad hard drive quot but somehow it LUbuntu has no problem booting when i select to boot from it instead of windows all of my data MUST be intact because otherwise i wouldn't be able to boot at all and i can see all the files on my drive just fine When I tried to boot in safe mode it stopped after a few system files were loaded then went to startup repair I dont remember the file it stopped at I have no idea how to solve this Is there some way to do a full repair of windows not just the silly startup repair This is a very urgent frustrating and serious problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/389405-startup-repair-fails-reports-hard-disk-error-cause.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hey guys I need Getting on data Error" drive "Hard SATA Disk second one of you hardware geeks to help me here I finally bought the Maxtor DiamondMax hard drive Its SATA Gig with a Meg Cache and NCQ I already Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive have a SATA WD Raptor as my main drive and Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive trying to install this one has a data drive I have an Asus PW D Premium Board When I boot up it takes a long time about a minute to do anything than I eventually get a quot Hard disc error quot and I have to hit F to continue The BIOS recognizes the drive but Windows does not I ve swapped out the cable and tried a different controller same result While I have like hard drives laying around they are all PATA--no SATAs to try I think the drive is damaged I downloaded Maxtor s PowerMax but its worthless--goes through some tests and the inital ones pass and later ones fail but its the same thing on the other drive the Raptor and that one works fine Tells me eventually to contact Maxtor Tech Support on both drives Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 96.32%

This is kinda long and I've fixed it but could use your input So after waking up my parents informed me that the computer was shutting down randomly I turned it on and quot a "a press " restart disk ctrl+alt+del to Drive, error occurred Hard disk error occurred press ctrl alt del to restart quot appeared It's a Sata hard drive so I checked the cables to make sure they were plugged in correctly and they were and then I tried connecting it to another computer with that computers cables and that didn't work either My parents not wanting to buy one online decided to just go to bestbuy and buy one there since we already had the Windows Disk at home I formatted it partitioned it and installed Windows Home Premium on Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " it and everything worked I decided to connect the Hard drive that didn't work while the computer was still on and it immediately started downloading the drivers it needed and up popped all the hard drive I'm going to start transferring all the important things like music videos and games and after Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " all I can see are the following things after getting all the data we want off it should I reinstall Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart " windows to see if my other computer will recognize it Even though it couldn't before format it and just use it as extra data though since it already couldn't boot up the ability to keep data on it may fail in a couple of days weeks or just put it away and not use it at all What would you guys reccomend I do

A:Hard Drive, "a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart "

First get the data you need off it.

Then go to the mfr and get their HD testing utility and run it.

If it were me I wouldnt trust it. I have been burned before.

You certainly could use it for storage of, say one set of backups, for the chances of losing your OS HD, and that backup at the same time are nil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/224382-hard-drive-disk-error-occurred-press-ctrl-alt-del-restart.html
Relevancy 96.32%

My Windows configuration is relatively bullet proof ha ha nervous laughter My OS and programs are on C which I image using RDriveImage every month after Patch Tuesday My data is on software-mirrored D F drives So as long as I don't have a catastrophic event affecting my computer a routine quot drive failure quot should be recoverable with the worst-case being I'd be out a month of updates but with a good recent image of the OS drive Anyway I was recently looking at my event viewer and I have quot Disk errors quot that occur whenever I run a full image of C to when event invisible "Disk error" viewer, hard except drive imaging The complete error text is Quote Log Name System Source Disk Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer xxxxxx Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Event Xml lt Event xmlns "Disk error" invisible except to event viewer, when imaging hard drive quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Disk quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt xxxxx lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device Harddisk DR lt Data gt lt Binary gt E B C D D C FFFFFFFF C E A FAFFFF A FAFFFF lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt There were two errors in February none before that three in March four each in May and July In April and June I did incremental images so the quot bad quot area wasn't imaged so no error With all the above as background what's the safest way for me to isolate and or repair the area s of the disk with the errors The errors are always logged within - seconds of each other so I suspect it's just one bad area And I have never ever seen signs of a disk error No BSOD no clicking noises no impaired performance even for a moment

A:"Disk error" invisible except to event viewer, when imaging hard drive

Try going into your BIOS to see what it has to say about the drive. Some BIOS's can read the drive's SMART status and can run tests on it. You could also download the disk manufacturer's drive diagnostics to check it out. Or see what Seatools (from Seagate) has to say about it:

SeaTools | Seagate

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/240332-disk-error-invisible-except-event-viewer-when-imaging-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

"pri master hard disk: s.m.a.r.t. command failed
Press f1 to continue"

I get the above error when I turn on my computer, but when I load windows after pressing f1 everything seems to be fine, do I need to worry about this? It started occuring after I installed my q6600 cpu last night.

A:"pri master hard disk: s.m.a.r.t. cmd failed" error

If your drive or PC is still under warranty, I would have the drive replaced. The SMART diagnostics are used to tell you if the drive is running outside of the specs designed by the manufacturer. If the drive goes outside the specs, then there is usually a 72-hour timeframe before the drive fails completely.

But with the error you are getting, it sounds like it's an error with the SMART diags themselves - which should be replaced anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pri-master-hard-disk-s-m-a-r-t-cmd-failed-error.639921/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 95.46%

Been receiving the following error all the time. I am using Windows XP Home SP3. "Windows - No Disk 'Exception Processing Message c0000013Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c'"

I have viewed multiple forum histories and there seem to as many "fixes" as google ads.

I trust this group most. Any ideas how to get rid of this problem?

Thank you!

A:Windows - No Disk "Exception processing message c0000013"

Try this: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...rs-160996.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-no-disk-exception-processing-message-c0000013-417579.html
Relevancy 95.03%

This message comes up on starting Windows XP and has to be clicked on times to go away Using HijackThis I did a scan and received this report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Communicator xcommsvr exe C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server message "Windows No start up Solved: on - Disk" bdss exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files AdwareDelete adwaredelete Solved: "Windows - No Disk" message on start up exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files B Software Windows Registry Repair Pro RegistryRepairPro exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files AdwareDelete adwaredelete exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe C Palm HOTSYNC EXE C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Brad LOCALS Solved: "Windows - No Disk" message on start up Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page G Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Stationery Blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer Provided by Cox High Speed Internet O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AdwareDelete C Program Files AdwareDelete adwaredelete exe h O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C Program Files IncrediMail bin IncMail exe c O - HKCU Run Windows Registry Repair Pro C Program Files B Software Windows Registry Repair Pro RegistryRepairPro exe O - Startup HotSync Manager lnk C Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup eFax DllCmd lnk C Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exe O - Global Startup eFax Tray Menu lnk C Program Files eFax Messenger J GTray exe O - Global Startup PowerReg Scheduler exe O - Extra context menu item amp Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C PROGRA INCRED bin resources WebMenuImg htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINDOWS web related htm file missing O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF -B - D - B- A D Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control - http www dot pima gov gis mapguide viewer ver mgaxctrl cab O - Service BitDefender Scan Server bdss - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Softwin BitDefender Scan Server bdss exe O - Service Pml Driver HPZ - HP - C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe O - Service BitDefender Virus Shield VSSERV - Unknown owner - C Program Files Softwin BitDefender vsserv exe O - Service WLTRYSVC - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-no-disk-message-on-start-up.452151/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello I'm trying to install Windows bit to HP dc Ultra slim desktop PC from USB flash drive since PC hasn't got CD DVD drive At the partition selection step I get message quot Windows cannot copy files to this disk quot I've already googled a lot and read this forum topics but still can't overcome this issue I've tried the following format files "Windows Yet this to cannot copy message another disk" HDD and create partition table with DISKPART via win disk command promt format HDD and create partition table with GParted creating to primary patition GB NTFS ' quot WIN quot and GB NTFS quot DATA quot wipe all data from HDD writing random data create bootable USB flash with different tools Windows USB DVD Download tool Novicorp WinToFlash memtest both Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message operating memory modules x GB for passes leave only one module connected to motherboard with each reset CMOS setting in ways via BIOS removing power cable and CMOS battery pushing CLR CMOS button on Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message motherboard set HDD as the first boot device but nothing helped I've searched in BIOS for different HDD emulation modes AHCI IDE but the only present setting present Storage - gt Device Configuration - gt Hard Disk SATA Emulation type Hard Disk None Multisector Transfers Disabled Translation Mode Off Automatic Bit Shift LBA Assisted User What can I do Your help is appreciated UPD Tried removing USB flash key and refresh Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message the partition list in partition selection menu Didn't help Checked HDD with built in HP DPS selft test tool in BIOS

A:Yet another "Windows cannot copy files to this disk" message

Work through these steps for Overcoming Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/327638-yet-another-windows-cannot-copy-files-disk-message.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, i've came here before to know how to do a clean install of windows 7 but now i have an issue, when i booted my computer up and logged on i got a message saying "Disk faliure back up immadiatley" why is this? I dont know if i posted this on the right thread but someone please help me. Thanks

A:Reinstalled windows 7, now i've gotten a "disk faliure" message.

Quote: Originally Posted by LaurenTrumpe

Hi, i've came here before to know how to do a clean install of windows 7 but now i have an issue, when i booted my computer up and logged on i got a message saying "Disk faliure back up immadiatley" why is this? I dont know if i posted this on the right thread but someone please help me. Thanks

You would do well to follow the instructions for it sounds like you have a HD on the verge of failing.

Probably just co-incidental that you just did a clean install.

After you back up run a chkdsk to check the HD status.

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Quote:
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205732-reinstalled-windows-7-now-ive-gotten-disk-faliure-message.html
Relevancy 95.03%

A:Reinstalled windows 7, now i've gotten a "disk faliure" message.

why did you do the same post twice but in different sections o_O???? This isn't going to get your problem resolved any faster......

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205731-reinstalled-windows-7-now-ive-gotten-disk-faliure-message.html
Relevancy 95.03%

I keep getting the quot Windows - No disk quot message when running Spybot when running - "Windows No message disk" Spybot or Adaware I went to HijackThis and did a system scan and got a log file but I need someone knowledgeable to look at it and tell me what to check and fix after I run a quot system scan only quot I ran Spybot in Safe Mode and didn t get the pop-up Any help will be much appreciated Here is the logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes H WINDOWS System smss exe H WINDOWS system winlogon exe H WINDOWS system services exe H WINDOWS system lsass exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H WINDOWS system spoolsv exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe H WINDOWS Explorer EXE H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe H Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe H Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe H Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe H Program Files "Windows - No disk" message when running Spybot QuickTime qttask "Windows - No disk" message when running Spybot exe H WINDOWS system RunDll exe H Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe H Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe H Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BIN H Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe H Documents and Settings Charles Eldredge Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp adbe defaults sp http www yahoo com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - H Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - H Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - H Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - H Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched H Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot H Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot H Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot H Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - Startup OpenOffice org lnk H Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk H Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup AutoCAD Startup Accelerator lnk H Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared acstart exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - H Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - H Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - H PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - H Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - H Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E A BF-FD - A- C- EB E AE Housecall ActiveX - http housecall trendmicro com housecall applet html native x win activex hcImpl cab O - Service Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk Inc - H Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - Service In... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-message-when-running-spybot.450732/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi A quot external hard drive connected to my Windows XP machine via USB has a quot disappearing quot and quot reappearing quot partition problem After the external drive is turned on partitions disk "reappearing" "disappearing" Hard and all four partitions on it will be displayed Very soon they will all disappear in Windows Explorer After a brief moment they will reappear along with a USB-symbol icon in the taskbar which brings up a quot Hi-speed USB Device Attached to non-Hi-speed Hub quot warning suggesting that I use free Hi-speed USB ports indicated in bold My computer s USB ports are all USB and I ve tried attaching the external drive to different ports on Hard disk partitions "disappearing" and "reappearing" the machine all with the same result Would anyone hazard a guess as to the likely cause of this problem Failed or failing USB controller on the external enclosure Failing power supply to the xeternal enclosure Corrupted partition table on the drive Failed or failing USB controller on the mobo Any other cause The enclosure also has an eSATA port When connected via eSATA or USB to another computer no such problem appears Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Hard disk partitions "disappearing" and "reappearing"

xp will loose drives when its having problems accessing them probably due to the usb 2.0 , a pci adapter would be better for you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-partitions-disappearing-and-reappearing.949039/
Relevancy 95.03%

I had a fresh install of 7 and everything was working fine.
All of a sudden it starts randomly freezing and programs start responding.
I got KERNAL_PAGING_ERROR BSODs etc. and got a new disk, thinking it was that.
After cloning the new disk which didn't work, and produced loads of errors on chkdsk, I decided to do a clean install of 7.

I still keep getting "Disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter", and when it does boot, it freezes all the time and every time I click the start button, it basically crashed and is messed up.

Tried new SATA cable and ports. Any ideas?

A:Windows 7 freezing, "Disk boot error, insert system disk and press enter"

BIOS settings or Motherboard issues?

Have you checked with the manufacturer website for the Motherboard that you have the Windows 7 drivers?

Is your Windows 7 DVD a retail copy...or the pre release BETA....or dodgy(in which case problems might lie there)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-freezing-disk-boot-error-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.907367/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, when i boot up my other computer it is a black screen and says "Primary hard disk Drive 0 cannot be found, strike F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup utility." When i strike F1 it says something like "boot up failed press F1 to try again" what do i do? When i press F2 it takes me to a screen and Undery Hard disk drive 0 it says unkown and under hard disk drive 1 it says off.

PS. My computer also makes alot of beeping sounds all of a sudden. Plz help me What is going on? Thankyou

Relevancy 94.17%

At startup "Windows - disk" No message at startup continually suffer from Windows-No Disk window Takes cancels to get past How can I fix this Read other posts on this and it looked like this may be helpful to see Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes F WINDOWS System smss exe F WINDOWS system winlogon exe F WINDOWS system services exe F WINDOWS system lsass exe F WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe F WINDOWS system svchost exe F "Windows - No disk" message at startup WINDOWS System svchost exe F WINDOWS system spoolsv exe F WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe F WINDOWS Explorer EXE F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe F WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE F Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe F Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe F Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe F Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe F Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE F Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet k series Bin hpoorn exe F PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe F WINDOWS system hpoipm exe F Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe F PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe F Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe F Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE F WINDOWS System svchost exe F Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe F Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe F Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - F Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run Subst subst C F O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot F Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG CC F PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX F WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run LogitechVideoRepair F Program Files Logitech Video ISStart exe O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup F PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot F Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot F Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot F Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ViewMgr F Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKCU Run LDM F Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exe O - HKCU Run LogitechSoftwareUpdate quot F Program Files Logitech Video ManifestEngine exe quot boot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe F WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot F Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk F Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Cisco Systems VPN Client lnk F Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exe O - Global Startup HPAiODevice hp officejet k series - lnk F Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet k series Bin hpoorn exe O - Global Startup SysTray lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - F Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - F Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - F Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - F PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - F Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - F Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF W... Read more

A:"Windows - No disk" message at startup

This doesn't look copacetic since no file is listed, I'd check and "fix" it:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Subst] subst C: F:\

Other than that the scanlog is ok.

When did this problem begin? If recent, you might just want to try a System Restore.

The problem is occasionally due to the system trying to access some removable media which has no disk in the drive, such as a zip drive.

It can also be due to drive letters being assigned to drives that no longer exist. What exactly is on your "c:" drive?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330137

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-message-at-startup.431401/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi I am using Windows XP SP I just uninstalled Norton AntiVirus The uninstall would not complete so I downloaded and ran the SymNRT program from Symantec to remove the program All went well The program advised that all Norton products had message startup - disk" at no "Windows been successfully removed Upon reboot after I click my icon on the XP quot Welcome quot screen "Windows - no disk" message at startup and type in my password windows loads the desktop as normal A few seconds later howeverm I get the following message quot Windows - no disk Please insert disk in drive quot Clicking cancel removes the message and everything appears to be fine I did a bit of research and have already tried the following to no avail Clearing recent files list from QuickTime Starting the PC in Safe Mode to see if the error comes up it does Disabling SpySweeper from running at startup Disabling ZoneAlarm from running at startup I still get the error I since have re-enabled ZoneAlarm and SpySweeper I have also installed NOD AntiVirus The error remains constant It happens each time I reboot I notice that the log file below refers to L Adobe Photoshop Elements in a couple of spots I recently did something that caused drive letters to change I used Drive Mapper in Partition Magic to help fix any problems and all appears to be well My old quot L quot is now quot G quot I m not sure if this is relevant because this happened a few weeks ago and the error I m posting about only started today I did figure I d mention it just in case I m not sure what to do about the entries that still show quot L quot in the log file I could probably use help with that as well Below is my current HiJack This log file Can anyone help This is driving me crazy --------begin Hijack This log file-------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe G NERO INCD INCDSRV EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe H Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe G NERO INCD INCD EXE H Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe H Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe G PowerDesk PDExplo exe G HiJack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs... Read more

Relevancy 94.17%

My problem was answered for someone previously and consists of an annoying pop-up every time I load Windows XP I have cleaned the registry using a commercial program but this message is still there Does anyone know how to get rid Startup Disk" "No Message Windows of it The problem does not occur when I boot to Safe Mode I have Windows Startup "No Disk" Message downloaded HiJack This and here is my log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe C WINDOWS system RTDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files TweakMASTER TMTray exe C WINDOWS System hplampc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS Download HiJack This HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http att yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System panels blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page d WINDOWS pchealth helpctr System panels blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exe quot - AudioDrvEmulator quot C Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader Audio Emulator AudDrvEm dll quot O - HKLM Run RTDCPL RTDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run NVRaidService C WINDOWS system nvraidservice exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP EXE O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run TweakMASTER quot C Program Files TweakMASTER TMTray exe quot O - HKLM Run hplampc C WINDOWS System hplampc exe O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run ... Read more

A:Windows Startup "No Disk" Message

I don't see the "usual suspects" there, but I would suspect IPOD or Itunes, or perhaps "disk keeper"

Anyway, try doing a "clean boot" to see if it happens:

Run msconfig and select the "Services" tab. Check "Hide Microsoft Services" and then disable the rest. Also uncheck "load startup group" on the general page.

See this link for detailed information:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310353

Now restart and test the issue at hand

If no problems, run msconfig and recheck half the disabled items on the Services tab. Test again. If the problem recurs, UNcheck half the items you just checked to narrow down the culprit.

If the problem didn't occur, check the other half, so all the Services are enabled -- proceed to do this on the startup tab as well.

Get the idea? You want to isolate the problem to a specific startup if possible.

Note: if you already have items unchecked under msconfig > startups and are in “selective” startup mode – you should note what these are before beginning. They will need to be de-selected again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-startup-no-disk-message.547546/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

I'm having problems with starting my pc.

Every time I try to boot it I keep getting the error "wuauctl.exe - No disk" that states:
"There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr3"

And when I try to close the error message the computer reboots itself.

Any ideas?

A:"No Disk" Message on Windows XP [can't boot]

Does Windows start at all? Or is the message during the startup process and you can't get any further?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-disk-message-on-windows-xp-cant-boot.518728/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys I've had this Sony Vaio VGN-CS for almost months now and I've recently decided to upgrade it's quot Vista Home Premium quot setup to the new Windows RC I've installed and had the most basic features already supported I finally decided to attempt to get the quot fn quot keys and the top quot volume media quot control sliders to work Touch Sensitive After downloading the drivers and Shared Library and installing each restarting install restart etc I only have the volume part of the the quot fn quot keys to work The top sliders light up but have to no effect on the computer The brightness quot fn Windows RC 7 "Battery Vaio w/ Error SONY Detected" - quot SONY Vaio - "Battery Detected" Error w/ Windows 7 RC keys and top volume slider are the only real things I need as I do not use the volume network and monitor quot fn quot keys I've talked to Sony tech support and they've said to wait for October for the Windows drivers to be released and that there are generic drivers released by Microsoft They wouldn't tell me where these drivers are located and was hoping that a Support Wiz could help me out on this one I'm considered a nerd so I know my way around the computer and can do advanced operations I just need to know how to fix this problem Thank -Artur

A:SONY Vaio - "Battery Detected" Error w/ Windows 7 RC

Hello and welcome to TSF, playful_cyanide!

I snooped around Google and found this link, as it seems useful.

Also, you can use this program to give detailed analysis of your battery for reference.

I noticed you're in Sacramento, that's like right by me, I'm in Paradise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sony-vaio-battery-detected-error-w-windows-7-rc-404568.html
Relevancy 93.74%

as described in the title when i boot my laptop http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E R i get the quot disk read error - gt press cntrl alt del to restart quot message I then tried to access the backup partition through f only to run into this error quot status xc e Info an unexpected I O error has occurred quot it seems that it I/O read f10 occured"at "a in startup error" and "unexpected disk error cant communicate with my hard drive I read a few other forum posts but didnt see anyone have the xc e error also Bios boot priorities are in order if that matters Is there a fix without having to "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 replace the entire HD and buy a new vista installation preinstalled w no disc in the box Im very reluctant to take it to a service center as i can very likely fix it myself with the help of the friendly people here of course only problem is im having a "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 little trouble finding my HD in this damn notebook heh ill figure that part out new to notebook repair Thanks in advance Danny edit found the HD doesnt look like it even uses a cable just plugs right into what i assume is the mb dont know if that helps just supplying what i can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occured-at-startup-and-unexpected-i-o-error-in-f10.773506/
Relevancy 93.31%

I am having the same problems, but am getting another error: Error 5: Access Denied. Do you know how to fix this issue? Please help if so Also my computer keeps popping up ' windows detected a hard disk problem'... so I don't know what is going on...if these issues are tied together or not?  ​Thanks in advance!

A:Error 5: Access Denied & Windows Detected Hard Disk Problem

I am having the same problems, but am getting another error: Error 5: Access Denied. Do you know how to fix this issue? Please help if so Also my computer keeps popping up ' windows detected a hard disk problem'... so I don't know what is going on...if these issues are tied together or not?

​Thanks in advance!
Does the error message same as the below image.

If above message has been displayed then, you should know the fact that your hard drive failure is imminent and may die sooner or later. This means you could lose all of your data i suggest you backup your personal files to external drive. If the computer is in warranty, you can contact your computer manufacturer for assistance in replacing your hard disk with a new one when the Windows has detected a hard disk problem. You can check health SMART report of the hard disk drive and repair surface errors that are not mechanic errors with your hard disk drive manufacturer diagnostic tool. Follow the instructions at below url address link.

Bootable Hard Drive Diagnostics
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618220/error-5-access-denied-windows-detected-hard-disk-problem/
Relevancy 93.31%

I a disk hard virus Windows error: problem this legit or Is detected have Is this virus or legit error: Windows detected a hard disk problem researched the Virus Removal area of this site to determine if the following error is a legitmate Windows message or a symptom of a virus But I haven't found this exact error There is also a BIOS Is this virus or legit error: Windows detected a hard disk problem message at boot but it is in japanese so I can't be sure what it says but I think it is also suggesting a disk error So perhaps it is legitimate The thing is this message has been coming up on the Is this virus or legit error: Windows detected a hard disk problem computer for months according to my niece her computer The disk never actually fails I ran disk check No sign of any errors Nothing in the event log either Show details simply tells you to do a backup of the disk and displays the disk name I read a description on another forum which I cannot find now that suggests this is not a legitimate Windows message the red circle being a clue but there is no other malware dialog coercing the purchase of a program I've run every anti-virus anti-malware program that is recommended else where in this forum MalwareBytes Kapersky Malicious Tool Remover adwcleaner MS Essentials Not combofix or anything like that Before I try a restore or go searching for a new hard drive I just want to confirm that this is a legitimate Win Home Premium error message Thank you

A:Is this virus or legit error: Windows detected a hard disk problem

Download GSmartControl for Windows and save it to your desktopUnzip the folder to your desktopDouble click gsmartcontrol.exeAllow the program to search for and list your hard drive(s)Double click your driveGo to the PERFORM TESTS tabMake sure that the TEST TYPE is set to SHORT SELF-TESTClick the EXECUTE buttonAfter the test completes, click the VIEW OUTPUT button and copy and paste the contents in your reply 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542806/is-this-virus-or-legit-error-windows-detected-a-hard-disk-problem/
Relevancy 93.31%

I'm trying to update the software for a golf GPS and every time I get half way through the installation my computer crashes and I get the error message "Windows driver framework has detected an error."

I contacted the GPS company and they told me it's a problem occurring either in the Windows Operating system or the USB ports on the computer are intermittently failing.

How can I check/fix the problem???

A:"Windows driver framework has detected an error"...Help..

Hi Cmcaro70,

When your computer crashes do you get a Blue Screen?

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/227433-windows-driver-framework-has-detected-error-help.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello TSG Just yesterday I was using the computer normally until I got a Blue Screen Getting a blue screen is usually something normal that occurs to my every so often so I didn t mind it and rebooted the computer normally Disk not 1 Solved: found" and problem "Drive "Floppy Failure" However I got two more blue screens within the next hour The rd time rebooting my computer starts to act strange as if it had a virus Upon powering up the monitor would just display a black screen with two lines about something --- which I don t remember sorry --- and stayed like that unless I plugged out the power cord or held on the power button to shut down Then when after a few tries it boots and displays a message quot Floppy Disk Failure quot and quot Drive not found Serial ATA SATA- quot and the same message for Drives and show up Also it asks me to continue loading by pressing the F Key When Windows loads the first time it displays a message saying a bunch of hardware has just been installed and ready for use Also Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem my internal clock resetted itself back to Monday November Which if I recall is the date when I got the computer and my speakers do not work TL Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem DR Version Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem blue screens within a short time Floppy disk fail Drivers - not found Serial ATA SATA- - Anyway I browsed through Google but I haven t seen anyone with both problems I disabled my Floppy Disk Drive and that message doesn t show up anymore but the others do and my computer still isn t fixed I ran a virus scan over night but I woke up to a black screen I use avast Antivirus with COMODO Firewall Is this a virus Is this because my hardware is old Here are the Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X X X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc X CN G WL Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 92.88%

Microsoft Updater says I have a critical update (KB2286198) to install but it fails and gives the message: "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

I've tried a couple of things that MS Support suggests but they don't work and don't seem to really apply to this particular error message. Searching for the error code 80246007 hasn't yielded anything yet that works.

Any ideas?

Gateway GT5622
x86 based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Operating System Name: Windows Vista
Operating System Platform: NT/2000/XP/Vista
Operating System Major Version: 6
Operating System Minor Version: 0
Operating System Build Number: 6002
Service Pack Description: Service Pack 2

A:Update Error Message "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-error-message-windowsupdate_80246007-windowsupdate_dt000.941849/
Relevancy 92.45%

I will try to keep this as brief as possible and yet give you wise and wonderful tech persons all the information you need to help me Disk Broken Thread similar disk" Hard "Help! Hard Solved: to issue out I am intelligent but NOT a super-user I have an e-machines desktop computer It is old A Cyrix MII processor with upgraded memory I have a gb Maxtor hard drive which is the issue at hand I am running Win My home computer the e-machine desktop is networked through a router with my printer and my business laptop The problem Win loads and boots It LOOKS like it s functioning properly However it cannot read any of the files on the disk When I try it tells me C is inaccessible I can t search explore etc The files are quot non-existent quot I Solved: Hard Disk issue similar to "Help! Broken Hard disk" Thread managed to get Windows to create a backup of it and saved that file to my Laptop Solved: Hard Disk issue similar to "Help! Broken Hard disk" Thread I can only quot assume quot that it actually backed up ALL the files on the drive so they are safe One really ODD thing you should know is Solved: Hard Disk issue similar to "Help! Broken Hard disk" Thread that I cannot get into the BIOS When it boots and usually gives you that second or two to hit F and enter setup doesn t do that any more I sit and hold the F key Nope I ve second-guessed myself and tried the ESC key and the F key I ve tried it with and without the CTRL key Nothing So I can t even tell the silly thing to boot from the CD instead load onto my D backup drive and then kill the C drive It s like it s possessed Things I ve already tried not necessarily in this order I got a paging error while booting so I followed the directions to increase my virtual memory it says there are zero MB of data available on my C drive -- maxed out or non-existent I can t tell -- but it wouldn t allow the change Not enough space Disk Management it says there are no appropriate partitions however it still boots I don t get that After frustration set in and finally getting what I hope will be a good backup I tried to re-format the disk so I could reload Win from the CD It would not re-format Sometimes it said C was inaccessible and sometimes it said the volume was already in use No reformatting I booted into safe mode in Command version It wouldn t read C Inaccessible I tried to boot from the CD and reload Win over the existing The volume is in use I tried to boot from the CD and completely wipe out the disk and re-install Wouldn t do it I tried to simply delete all the data Inaccessible I ve plugged and replugged the cables and swapped them around to make sure it isn t them Still a problem In Safe Mode with Command screen it defaults to c documents and settings administrator I can change the directory to c documents and settings but no lower than that When I try to get a directory list it is inaccessible I tried to repartition it Inaccessible How can it boot and run Win with networking and have zero disk space I would like to retrieve all the data on there and quot fix quot the drive and go on with life However I am willing to trust the backup I made for the miscellaneous files I don t back up regularly quicken amp some others are backed up regularly on my extra drive so they re okay Is that backup going to be worthless all things considered I think that covers it I ll amend this post if I think of anything else you might need to know Thank you in advance I have not been out here for some time but in the past you have been really helpful Thank you Greg nbsp

A:Solved: Hard Disk issue similar to "Help! Broken Hard disk" Thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hard-disk-issue-similar-to-help-broken-hard-disk-thread.384330/
Relevancy 92.45%

My nextdoor neighbor tried to slave his Win98 disk into his WinXP Home computer. Although the Device Manager seems to say that it recognizes the slave disk, when My Computer window is displayed, there is no recognition of the slave disk? We went through a device manager uninstall and reboot with the same result.

My neighbor did not make any changes to the BIOS to indicate a slave disk - I assume all are IDE on his HP machine.

Can anyone point me to a good online tutorial dealing with "How to Slave a Hard Disk" for Windows?

Tia,

-- Tom

A:Need Tutorial on "How to Slave a Hard Disk" for Windows

I am sure his current drive is set up and jumpered as Cable Select. If it is the drive you are adding as a slave also needs to be set to cable select and plugged into the second connector on the ribbon cable. The BIOS also needs to recognize the drive in order for the OS to be able to use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-tutorial-on-how-to-slave-a-hard-disk-for-windows.433975/
Relevancy 92.45%

When turning on the screen will display the windows startup animation and once finished a blank screen After about seconds to a minute a black screen pops up and asks if i would like to start up normally or run startup recovery The Normal start up fails and ends up returning to the first black screen When i run startup not Windows open Disk" will sign "Bad in Hard repair it says it cannot find a solution I sent error message and the log said All tests performed Windows sign in will not open "Bad Hard Disk" were successful Root cause found boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully Root cause found bad hard disk Bugcheck a Parameters xfffff a efeb xffffffffc x e c xfffff c Each session reported a single root cause which ended up being one of those two After that i went under additional options and signed into system recovery using one of the users and selected Windows sign in will not open "Bad Hard Disk" startup repair again and went under problem details Problem signiture Problem event name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signiture Problem Signiture Problem Signiture unknown Problem Signiture Problem Signiture AutoFailover Problem Signiture Problem Signiture BadDisk OS Version Locale ID I tried looking up aolutions online but couldnnt find one that was identicle I then tried diskcheck using command prompt under C F and R Sometimes the processes would complete with no errors or solutions and sometimes the processes would get stuck on a certain file and would not move even after to mins alone Although when the processes do complete at the bottom they would say something along the lines of quot log could not be saved status quot or something The computer runs Windows -bit and is an Asus A S series Time is of the essense as i need this laptop for school Thankyou

A:Windows sign in will not open "Bad Hard Disk"

What you need is a new disk. This one seems to be broken. Bugcheck 7a means that an essential Kernel module cannot be loaded. If chkdsk could not repair it, you do not have a lot of options.

Try to save your files (e.g. with Lucid Puppy) and make a clean reinstall on the new disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250343-windows-sign-will-not-open-bad-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 92.45%

My printer was not printing at all I have changed all cartridges and the printer still does not print The RESUME CANCEL button is flashing orange continuously and when I attempt to print anything "Operator IP4200 message - Problem Canon Pixma Error" I get the following error message quot Operator Error Press the printer s RESUME button If this doesn t clear the error cancel printing and turn the printer off and then on again quot I followed these instructions multiple times with no success From the printer s Maintenance I tried the following i Deep Cleaning - Black PGBK resulted with the same error as above ii Deep Cleaning - All colours same result as above iii Cleaning - same Canon Pixma IP4200 Problem - "Operator Error" message result as above iv Print Head Alignment - same result as above v Nozzle Check - same resuilt as above Turned the printer off and on again flashing orange light Shutdown the computer and restarted it with no improvement Lastly noted how many orange flashes - five So I consulted the Service Manual Section - Operator Call Errors by Alarm LED Blinking in Orange times Solution suggested Install the print head properly All the Ink Cartridges show solid red light installed correctly Can anyone please offer a suggestion as Canon Pixma IP4200 Problem - "Operator Error" message how to correct this problem thank you nbsp

A:Canon Pixma IP4200 Problem - "Operator Error" message

have a read here
http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/posts/27843
see if that helps at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/canon-pixma-ip4200-problem-operator-error-message.1171547/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello All,

I am experiencing a very debilitating issue with my laptop. The error indicated on the title of this thread appears every time I try to open multiple programs on my machine; the error is present in at least the following applications: Windows explorer, HP SimplePass, HP CSI Shell, HP Support Assistant, HP Installer, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Synaptics TouchPad V7.5... and perhaps more.

I include with this message a zip file with some recent logs (CBS. log, Errors Event Viewer, Last Scan.txt, Malware log.txt, Check Disk Event Viewer log) for your review so that both of us can save some valuable time.

Note: I am not by any means an expert on either computer software or hardware so, I would really appreciate if you help me out to sort this issue having that in mind.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Error message: "A problem caused the program to stop working..."

Hi,

Can you remember when this problem started to happen, if so had you made any changes to the computer such as software installations?

If so, you can try a system restore or use a backup if you have one to roll the os back to a time when all was working well and see if this solves your problem

I can almost guarantee that this is either a damaged or corrupt shell or a conflict with some software, as the fact that you can load the operating system up and get past post shows that it's not hardware related in anyway

Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340094-error-message-problem-caused-program-stop-working.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm experiencing real difficulty in trying to delete a sub-Folder from Pictures. No matter what I've done, including taking ownership of it, I am continually getting an error message that says "Item not found" as below;

It continues to show as part of my Admin/Pictures sub-Folder tree, and hasn't budged even after a couple of reboots.

I've also tried to delete it from the thread shown in the panel above, but again without success, and with the same error message.

I just want to be rid of it as it no longer performs has any useful purpose or storage value in Pictures.

A:Folder Problem - Cannot delete: Error Message "Item not found"

either system restore or just ignore it for a while and try deleting it later. i had the same problem before, but it seemed to disappear on its own after a bit of time =S

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281910-folder-problem-cannot-delete-error-message-item-not-found.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I Hp All one C7280 message "Photo in printer Problem" error Tray have an Hp C All in one printer that I ve owned for about years For about the last year or so I have gotten this error message quot Photo Tray Problem quot It won t let me do anything with the printer when this happens The tray is pushed all the way in and actually Hp C7280 All in one printer "Photo Tray Problem" error message I never even use it Ever So I m not sure why it randomly pops up In the past I would reset the Hp C7280 All in one printer "Photo Tray Problem" error message printer by unplugging the power and letting it set for a couple of hours Then it would work until now I have had this problem for over a week and have tried everything I can think of I have Opened and closed the Hp C7280 All in one printer "Photo Tray Problem" error message tray to make sure it s as far in as it can go Cleaned it out with compressed air made for printers Unplugged the power and let it sit for over hours Checked to see if anything is stuck inside or missing It runs through it s cycles fine although it s a little noisier than it usually is not much just a little But it might just be louder because my face is shoved inside the printer to see what s wrong Tried to reset it using a sequence code to get to the quot System Configuration Menu quot I cleared out the Hardware failure status Nothing is working Any and all help is greatly appreciated I am desperate will try about anything nbsp

A:Hp C7280 All in one printer "Photo Tray Problem" error message

Hi,

Welcome to TSG..
Hope this helps. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&product=3204785&tmp_track_link=ot_search

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-c7280-all-in-one-printer-photo-tray-problem-error-message.1085904/
Relevancy 92.45%

Just re-installed a new hard drive After reloading windows and my printer HP PSC xi photosmart I began getting a pop up that reads Windows No Disk There is no disk in the drive Please insert disk Cancel Try Again Continue I searched your Up No Disk" "Windows Pop Message forum and saw to download Hijack This and run a system scan Here are my scan results please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes G WINDOWS System smss exe G WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe G WINDOWS system services exe G WINDOWS system lsass exe G WINDOWS system svchost exe G WINDOWS System svchost exe G WINDOWS system spoolsv exe G WINDOWS "Windows No Disk" Pop Up Message System CTsvcCDA exe g program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe g PROGRA mcafee "Windows No Disk" Pop Up Message com vso mcshield exe g PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe G Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe G WINDOWS system nvsvc exe G WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe G WINDOWS System snmp exe G WINDOWS System svchost exe G WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe G WINDOWS Explorer EXE G WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe G Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe G Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe G PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe G Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe G Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe G Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe G Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe G Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe G Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe G Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe g progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe G Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe G PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE G Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exe G WINDOWS system ctfmon exe G WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE G Program Files Creative Home Hallmark Card Studio Planner PLNRnote exe G Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe G Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe G Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe G WINDOWS System HPZipm exe G Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe G Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe G Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe G Documents and Settings Theresa Jakubowski Desktop hijackthis Hijack This HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www refdesk com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - G Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - G Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - G Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - g progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run UpdReg G WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run tgcmd quot G Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe quot server startmonitor deaf O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot G PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online G Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run OASClnt G Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe g PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe g PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run diagent quot G Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot G Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE G WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run HostManager G Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot G Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task... Read more

A:"Windows No Disk" Pop Up Message

Please don't post duplicate threads.

Continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/security/463939-help-windows-no-disk-pop.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-pop-up-message.463900/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi I have started receiving this message every time WinXP tries to install updates quot Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message c Parameters b bf c b bf c b bf c quot I believe it may have to do with my recently removing a hard drive "Windows Disk" Message - No to use in another system without having disabled it in Device Manager first but I don t know how to get rid of it It is interrupting the update installation and not allowing it to complete Any advice will be gratefully appreciated Thanks Sam PS - Here s a HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe "Windows - No Disk" Message C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g svc exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g comm exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaantmon exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g pre exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMyPC g tray exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files OPTI-SAFE UPSMON Service Exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files OPTI-SAFE UPSMON exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Telstra Telstra Turbo Modem Bin Demon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BlueSoleil exe C Program Files palmOne Hotsync exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagIt exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt TSCHelp exe C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagPriv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Documents and Settings Sam Reich Start Menu Programs Xcalc xcalc exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www abc net au news R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink L... Read more

A:"Windows - No Disk" Message

Hi, might work, scroll down to the auto fix.

http://wiki.castlecops.com/Windows_Update_Fix

Bill

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-no-disk-message.768112/
Relevancy 92.45%

I keep getting the error message "Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file D:\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

I'm not sure if the error is D:\$Mft or C:\$Mft I'll post once the error appears again. The message appears at random times, usually when the comp's idle. The computer acts totally normal after the error message occurs. I've recently jumped from 1 GB of RAM to 2 GB of RAM and I've also upgraded my boot drive from a 250GB IDE hard drive to a 250 Western Digital SATA Drive.

What is this and what can I do to stop it?

Any tips or suggestions are much appreciated,

Capnbob

Relevancy 92.45%

Hi all..

Every time I put a cd in my cd-rom I get this error :

"mmjb MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I do not even know what this program is, but I am quite tired of seeing this message. Can you tell me how to get rid of it?

Thanks in advance.

A:Error message "mmjb MFC Application has encountered a problem..." when I put in a cd.

Bump...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-mmjb-mfc-application-has-encountered-a-problem-when-i-put-in-a-cd.263922/
Relevancy 92.45%

Ok, So i put disk #1 in, and autorun goes fine.
I choose the language click ok,
then about 10 seconds later I get this poping up - - -

Why is it doing this ?

How do I fix it ?

A:problem installing Sims 2, error message "win32" (not in common section)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-sims-2-error-message-win32-not-in-common-section.632512/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi there

for some reason I started getting an error message (tss.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.") and I've got no idea what this means and what's causing it.

I've run my spyware programs and did a virus search but nothing was found. I also tried a system restore but it won't even do that. Can anyone help please please pretty please cause it's driving me nuts!!! Thanks!

Oh, and I am using windows XP!

Tan

A:Error Message "tss.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" - please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-tss-exe-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close-please-help.277788/
Relevancy 92.02%

How can I work around the following rror message "cannot copy file. cannot read source file or disk". I'm using Windows XP on a Gateway GT 4016

A:error message "cannot copy file. cannot read source file or disk"

Get a new disk or provide a whole lot more details about what you're trying to do and what program(s) you are trying to do "it" with.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-cannot-copy-file-cannot-read-source-file-or-disk-265761.html
Relevancy 91.59%

hi i m new here nice to meet all of you just like a lot of folks i m sure i ve come here because there are some weird things running on and "winsilly" disk" "win956temp" "windows no my pc that shouldnt be in there please help heres the hijack log thanks in advance i don t know much about this computer virus stuff eric Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" OB realsched exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online ConnMgr cmisrv exe C Program Files Windows Media Components Encoder Wmencagt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online AppMgr vzOpenUIServer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files MotiveBrowser MotiveBrowser exe C Documents and Settings Wave Computer Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http lvboard arcynic net index php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - B F FDF- - BF-B D- F C FE - C WINDOWS system admparsek dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO no name - A F C C- A - DB - AF -B E D - C WINDOWS compstuih dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run A Verizon App C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run googletalk quot C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe quot autostart O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Pro... Read more

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi I got a new PC tonight custom-built from eBay and error" - problem read Installation "disk x64 I ve been attempting to install Vista Home Premium x for the last hours It supposedly had Vista pre-installed and was quot ready to run quot but the seller was obviously a liar Because when I turn it on this is what happens - a x64 Installation problem - "disk read error" Biostar T-series visual appears on the screen for a second I don t know what that is - it then goes to a command screen with Hardware Monitor and lots of CPU details it then says Verifying DMI Pool Data Boot from CD Press any key to boot from CD or DVD A disk read error occurred Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart If I do press a key before the disk read error message appears it does bring me to the Vista installation screen It then does install Vista but when it gets to the point where the system needs to reboot it just brings me back to the same command screen again I ve tried to format the hard drive and even attempted the system repair method it found no problems with the system startup apparently After I do the system repair process instead of quot A disk read error occurred quot I get quot BOOTMGR missing quot instead whatever that means At present the computer is unusable and I m kinda pissed off cause I ve wasted a whole night on this and will probably do the same tomorrow Any help would seriously be appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:x64 Installation problem - "disk read error"

Remove the DVD so the machine boots from the hard drive on the first reboot during installation. Or set the BIOS to boot from CD first and hard drive second.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/x64-installation-problem-disk-read-error.685786/