Windows Support Forum

Where can I get Lumia Phone Test Application Lumia 930

Q: Where can I get Lumia Phone Test Application Lumia 930

I have a Lumia 930 and want to check if I have the mic issue with W10 - but every link I find for Lumia Phone Test Application does not have it?
Where can I get it please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Where can I get Lumia Phone Test Application Lumia 930

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Where can I get Lumia Phone Test Application Lumia 930

I use Rescue Test for WP8.1. But I don't know whether it is available for W10.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/427741-where-can-i-get-lumia-phone-test-application-lumia-930-a.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I have 4 ESD mats at the computer workshop I work. The ESD mats are interconnected and one of them is connected to ground through a resistive socket (or whatever it's called) which must be several Megaohms because my Ohmeter cannot read it (it reads up to 2MOhm). Yesterday I did this test: I used a voltmeter set to AC voltage, negative probe touching the ground in a socket, the other one between my fingers. I measured 2 volts. Then I put on the ESD wrist-band and I was surprised to find that not only did the voltage go down, it rose to 2.2volts!. It looks like this mat isn't working, am I right?

A:How should I test my ESD mats?

to ground through a resistive socket (or whatever it's called) which must be several Megaohms because my Ohmeter cannot read it (it reads up to 2MOhm).Click to expand...

Never heard of a 'resistive socket' but the concept sounds correct.
The object is to absorb the energy to avoid the immediate discharge. However, we use capacitors for that and may be the reason for the ohm meter test results.

I would expect a resistor->capacitor->earth.ground type of circuit. The capacitor absorbs the energy and slowly drains it back to the ground. The resistor slows the charging of the capacitor to avoid the immediate ESD.

Your 2v DC test is not correct either. ESD is high voltage of a very short duration and the mat+socket would not respond to low voltable, long duration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-should-i-test-my-esd-mats.214705/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 23.65%

Memtest and other memory test software don't tell you which of the modules is the faulty one. Is there any way to tell which is the bad stick besides testing one-by-one?

Thank you

A:Does any memory test tell you which of the memory sticks is bad?

Not really. but you can test each stick one by one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-any-memory-test-tell-you-which-of-the-memory-sticks-is-bad.213800/
Relevancy 27.95%

Angry!!!Last week I bought a mobile phone named HTM ?and the model of the phone is XH292W.

But when I receive this phone, it seems the quality is not good, although phone?s functions are complete,it has 5MP camera?1GHZ dual core? but it always delay to running.

I searched some info about it on the Internet. Someone said that the phone is producted by a OEM named Wingtech?But I never heard about this OEM . Do you know?

Now, I wanna returned goods.And buy other one.

Who can help me to recommend a mobilephone? Thanks a lot???

PS.Never buy HTM's mobilephone .

A:The HTM phone is really weak burst

What's HTM? Is that GrayHandset copy HTC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-htm-phone-is-really-weak-burst.200803/
Relevancy 28.38%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've tried multiple smartphones over the past few months, but the more I use them, the more I hate them.

Phone: they have buttons on the side and front, so unless I hold the phone like some delicate photograph, the phone goes crazy with unwanted buttons pressed. Useless.

Web browsing: the screen is too small to read, even with reading glasses on. Useless.

Music: the battery dies after a few minutes of music. Useless.

Texting or email: the tiny keyboard is constantly hitting the wrong keys. Or sometimes, the autocorrect will change words I typed correctly. Nobody can figure out how to turn off autocorrect, including phone salesmen. Useless.

Battery life: the phones often die after being unplugged for an hour. Useless.

Glass surface: despite daily wiping, the glass looks greasy, encrusted with slime. It makes me hate looking at it or touching it.

Camera: the unwanted camera takes several unwanted pictures a day while I am trying to do other things.

So what should I do? If I get a non-smart phone, then people call me a geezer.

A:What phone should I get?

I'd call you a geezer after reading this post tbh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-phone-should-i-get.206577/
Relevancy 27.09%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 27.52%

Quick Facts:
Seattle has at least 10 cell phone theft cases daily, authorities say.
Prosecutors say thieves using cell phone buy-back kiosks.
Police say to write down IMEI number before your phone is stolen.
Phones with IMEI numbers reported stolen are useless to thieves.
READ MORE
My question is what if it don't have an IMEI number but a MEID number? Are they one in the same?

A:Cell phone thefts: How you can protect yourself

Found my answer http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-IMEI-or-MEID-Number-on-a-Mobile-Phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-thefts-how-you-can-protect-yourself.206623/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 27.95%

Have to choose a new work phone but I have a hard time deciding ... Friend's Galaxy S5 and 8200 mah battery seems awesome so Apple and Microsoft are not up to my mind. Since the new phone is supposed to live with me for like 2 years, so..what's the average life span of Samsung phone?
Anyone have opinions? Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S5?

A:Need a phone to live with me for like 2 years

A smartphone can last for numerous years as long as you don't abuse it. It isn't a matter of lifespan since most phone hardware gets dated after 2-4 years and you are going to want an upgrade. It will still work even after the cell service is ended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-phone-to-live-with-me-for-like-2-years.205036/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, totally noob to phone networks. I am going to have a US version of Galaxy S5 and order an extra battery for it on mpj. Can I use both of them on overseas carriers? Thank you for any kindly help.

A:Can I use my phone on overseas network?

The specs shown here declare

Also known as Samsung GS 5
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
​General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

So yes, it is compatible with EU providers. Caution however; your current provider will bill you for roaming charges. When in Europe, I always buy a local SIM card and fund it with enough credit to last the trip - - that will also give you a local phone number. If you book theater events or need to call for reservations, they will be more likely to answer the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-on-overseas-network.201690/
Relevancy 27.95%

Good day mates! Quick question, what smart phone are you using for gaming? I use a Samsung S Duos and it seems fine to me. Getting rare delays and hangs but works good in my gaming. I play Kingdom of Legend and it runs smoothly in my phone. I can also play other games but I really liked this one because I don't get lags or any internet connections problems. Suggest me any phones and the price so I can budget things out lol.

Thanks in advance!

A:Games for smartphones? What is your phone?

Samsung GalaxyNote3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-for-smartphones-what-is-your-phone.201443/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I m relatively new to this new choosing phone Dilemma forums but chose to join to ask your thoughts and opinions regarding my situation My iphone s has come time for an upgrade and I absolutely refuse to get one of the new iphones to me they are bland boring and have no appeal other than the build quality So after some browsing and shopping I came to the conclusion on a few smartphones that I would like After constant research on each phone I couldn t come across Dilemma choosing new phone an actual decision so here I ask what you think I should do Do not limit choices due to price because that doesnt matter at the moment So here are my choices HTC one - I love the look of Dilemma choosing new phone the phone the feel of the phone Its sleek yet simple The thing stopping me from getting this is the fact that the new one is a few months away so the hardware is SOMEWHAT outdated I d be getting a phone for a year contract so I m stuck with whatever choice for two years Galaxy Note - I love the look the features and the S pen The S pen is sweet in my eyes I could see myself using that feature for so many things What I don t like is the size I feel as though people will see the phone and comment mock at the size calling it a tablet I also hear that samsung phones are slow or have bloatware Which I truly don t know what that is so if somebody may inform me that d be cool too Would I be able to fit this thing in my pocket would it be cumbersome On the plus side though I can go get this thing right now and not have to wait a few months Wait for HTC one two or one - I could wait for the sequel or the next HTC flagship The problem with this is nobody knows what the things supposed to look like and the quot RUMORED quot specifications aren t exactly too great The specifications are rumored to be about what the Galaxy Note s are Some speculate a new processor I m not sure Another downside is I d have to wait a couple months for it Wait for Samsung galaxy S - I could wait for the sequel or the next Samsung flagship type phone These are speculated to have a metal case etc etc However it wont have an S pen which I really would enjoy blah blah blah Well those are my choices and I ask you which you think would could be a best bet to last me Please don t offer any other phones I m definitely NOT getting a god forsaken iPhone Thanks nbsp

A:Dilemma choosing new phone

I'll add my 2cents

1) Seems there's always something nicer, better, faster on the horizon... my take: Unless you really know something is out in the next 30days or so I go for what I know instead of stressing on the "next thing"

2) I know several people who LOVE their Galaxy Note 3 - but their all women and have a purse to keep them in. I can't make your decision but you really need to weigh how much you really need/want the pen vs. convenience of a phone that slips into a shirt or pants pocket

p.s. that's why I went with the S4 instead of the Galaxy when I recently upgraded my own phone
p.p.s. I'm very happy with the S4 but will add I also bought and like the flip cover. I also know someone without the "S cover" - and their phone sometimes thinks the have the S cover and "blacks out" into the S cover phone screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dilemma-choosing-new-phone.199108/
Relevancy 27.09%

I need a smartphone that I can put a document with addresses and phone numbers on and the smartphone will hyperlink the number straight from the document.

I currently use iPhone 3gs and a app (Documents by Savy Soda) and it works: wifi doc to phone; open app; open doc; touch phone number and WaLa! it calls the number

I tried Windows phone thinking with Word and Excel on it, the phone would call from the document. NOT! I sent a file to a friend who has and Android phone and it won't do it either.

I'm not fond of Apple, so my question is:

IS THERE ANY PHONE OUT THERE THAT WILL HYPERLINK PHONE NUMBERS FROM A DOCUMENT?

Moderator note: drgerry, no need to shout.

A:Smartphone that will hyperlink phone numbers from document?

Stick with the iPhone then. But I know with Gmail if you open a doc with cell number on it will launch Android phone apk. I haven't tried that with Window smartphone with Gmail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-that-will-hyperlink-phone-numbers-from-document.200204/
Relevancy 63.64%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 27.52%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 27.52%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 28.38%

lt lt RESOLVED gt gt For some reason whenever I try to run the file benchmark on my WD Blue TB or WD Black TB on HDTune Pro it always immediately returns a screen saying quot I O Error Test aborted quot Normally I would understand if this was happening if these drives were HDTune on gives drives I/O very test and new aborts Error old or had any indication that they are dying in some way However both drives have been purchased within the last months and the Blue drive was purchased only four HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives months ago They are each filled to approximately - capacity at the moment with this being the highest capacity the Blue has ever reached while the Black drive at one point hit before I reshuffled some files I haven t noticed any other issues with the drives at all except that HDTune s regular benchmark seems to say that the Blue drive is slightly faster than the Black which clearly shouldn t be the case HDTune s own drive status program shows no SMART issues in any of my drives either Does anyone know what could be causing this or how I could fix it Also I m not sure if this is relevant but my motherboard is currently set to run its SATA ports in quot RAID Mode quot instead of AHCI mode I HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives m not sure if that would matter but I don t currently have a RAID array this setting is just from a previous array that I used to have and now I m afraid that if I change the setting my drives might not boot anymore nbsp

A:HDTune gives I/O Error and aborts test on very new drives

Never mind, I figured it out. Problem was being caused by my drives being assigned as the A: drive and B: drive (Windows 8 allows this, and my slight OCD has always tormented me at not being able to use them for hard drives previous to this, so naturally I jumped on the opportunity to assign those letters). Anyway I reassigned to J: and K: drives just for the purpose of testing and all is now well!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdtune-gives-i-o-error-and-aborts-test-on-very-new-drives.196324/
Relevancy 28.38%

Would anyone know if there's help on techspot for cell phones?

A:Cell Phone

Ask away. The worst that can happen is no one knows the answer but someone might. Not me necessarily but someone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone.196173/
Relevancy 28.38%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 28.81%

I recently built a computer with the asus OCII GTX 770 gpu and ran a quick stress test with msi kombustor. I set the setting to no anti-aliasing and 720p resolution (not full screen) and ran the furry and tessy (gl4) stress test. At about 7 minutes my gpu got up to about 83 degrees C with fan speed at 100 percent. I stopped the test as I still don't know too much about stress testing and how hot I should really let my GPU get. I know the NVidia website says the max this card can take is about 98 C but I was wondering if at 7 minutes, 83 degrees C was normal or if that is too hot even for this stress test. Thank you.

A:Question about my stress test results for GTX 770

For a stress test, that's pretty normal on an GPU like that, stress testing pushes the GPU to it limits which most of the time is more than games will even push it. As long as your temp stays below the threshold NVidia says (Which in your case is 98) then your fine. I would however, if you want to improve the temp, see if you can improve the airflow around the GPU area, the Asus Cooling system is pulling in air and pushing it down on the GPU which means you have to move the air once its been pushed over the card. I would try adding a fan around the GPU exhausting if your worried.

But honestly, your fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-my-stress-test-results-for-gtx-770.195951/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have an intel core i7 4770k and I'm not overclocking it at the moment. My idle temps are around 28 degrees Celsius. Is it still necessary to run a program like prime95 and stress test my cpu even though I am not overclocking?

A:Do I need to stress test if I'm not overclocking?

It's not necessary, but you can still check the stability of your system, regardless of whether you are over-clocking. I've heard many times, servers are done so to prepare them for future task. Running the test will allow them to potentially catch any issues before they are brought on-line.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-need-to-stress-test-if-im-not-overclocking.195749/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I got my graphics card, memory and cpu heatsink attached to my asus sabertooth z87 mobo and test with an external test. I get 1 long beep followed by 5 short beeps, although there is a small pause before the final (5th) beep. Now I only have the speaker in and do not have anything connected to a monitor. The manual says 1 continuous beep followed by 4 short ones is hardware failure but it doesn't say anything about a 5th beep that comes after a small pause. Could any of this have to do with the fact that I do not have a monitor plugged in anywhere? Other components:
GTX 770
Corsiar vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz
Hyper 212 EVO

A:First time external test with mobo

Okay so now I put it in a monitor and an error message came up saying cpu fan error and im in the bios screen now. anyone ever have this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-external-test-with-mobo.194977/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've got a SanDisk memory stick and I've used it for a couple of years and have had no trouble but recently 2 files (autorun and starter) have come up and I've tried to delete them and it wouldn't work, so I tried to open starter application but nothing happened.

Does anyone know how remove them?

A:Starter application and autorun file won't go away

You can always format the SD

another choice is to disable AUTORUN on you system

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starter-application-and-autorun-file-wont-go-away.194684/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am using iphone5 currently what phone you are using.

Relevancy 28.81%

Hello all members,
I was searching for dedicated server for one of my clients and whenever I find a new host, I try to test dedicated server speed by downloading sample files. Recently, I have tested atlantic.net dedicated server speed, but how can I be sure that this speed will remain the same for my client's after buying?

FYI, here is the link from where I have tested dedicated server speed:

atlantic.net/dedicated-servers/dedicated-server-speed-test.htmlClick to expand...

A:Dedicated server speed test

Hmm; would appear that you are referring to a network bandwidth test.
However, as I write this Atlantic.net is DOWN - - ping just gets 110% timeouts.

This link has some reviews you might like to see.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dedicated-server-speed-test.192319/
Relevancy 24.51%

Greetings guys, hope you are doing fine.

I'm using ExpatShield to play SCII ( long story ). Anyway, I tried today to download an arcade map from within SC ( 3 MB ) but it was extremly slow. I alt-tab and opened Resource Monitor and here is what I found >> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/expatbug.jpg/
As you can see ExpatShield is downloading at near 70 KB/sec but is not passing data to the original application ( SC in this case ). It actually downloaded more than 70 MB and the map was still at 2%. Moreover, when I exited SCII, Expat kept downloading.
It usually works fine except for this case.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/expatshield-not-passing-data-to-application.190865/
Relevancy 28.38%

What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP C AIO won HP many not self errors diagnostic; test printing printer t print a correct Self Test Diagnostic from control panel It printed it one won t print another because of multiple errors was missing ALL data from boxes amp sections of pg report - except color print test boxes looked fine Just printed report sections headers amp data boxes Gone through usual printer reset steps power reset HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors clearing hardware error codes via quot secret menu quot then unplugging amp waiting sec That clears or more errors but they re-appear The errors just rotate clear another pops Carriage or paper jam neither true carriage moves easily HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors by hand - isn t quot jammed quot when reports it Hitting OK starts carriage moving again No paper or bits Took lid amp top cover off No paper bits that are visible - front back inside paper tray area w o dismantling entire unit Ink system failure printed perfect text lines amp color boxes on the partial HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors self test after that error appeared amp was cleared - several times Pump Motor Stalled DON T think ink motor is stalled or not working Printed perfect lines headings amp color boxes on the one self test lacking data With top cover off can see all pump gears belt turning normally in warm up Pump sounds normal during printer prep Paper pick up rollers NOT turning - that s true except for ONE self test w o the data They turn easily by hand not dirty - just don t engage Is it just fried With so many errors - most seem false AND unable to print accurate self test diagnostic not sure this is just a quot reset quot issue Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector UPS w voltage control - ALONG w modem router VOIP ATA PC monitor None were damaged Tried plugging printer into wall outlet - no change DC voltage of printer adapter checks OK w meter IS it a POSSIBILITY though AC adapter voltage is OK it s not delivering correct mA Not sure how to check DC mA of AC adapter - any advice there It cost after tax - yrs ago at steep discount Light use If it s toast not sure I d buy an HP not just because of this - more for HP s apparent declining reputation For avg home use - All In One types wondering which brand now has best satisfaction reliability AND least trouble using generic ink Maybe they re all junk now As in now yrs of light use may be avg life DON T want one w colors combined in or cartridges Thanks nbsp

A:HP printer not printing self test diagnostic; many errors

Seems toast to me. You've been pretty thorough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-printer-not-printing-self-test-diagnostic-many-errors.190628/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 65.79%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 28.38%

My zte n290 phone wont turn on. As the power button is pressed the loading bar comes up(loads up by % 1-100) and then the phone turns off.I think it had to do with the Uart 2 settings in the engineer menu when it was set to uart 2.

A:Phone won't turn on

Can you 'reset the device'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phone-wont-turn-on.185291/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there.

So, I'm buying a phone. Details aside, I've found these two for ?30 at a local retailer:

Vodafone 858 Smart
ZTE Xiang
These are each one's specs shown in a comparison:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3955&idPhone2=3112#results

and another one:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id1=588&id2=1993&id3=2874&del_id=588

From what I understand here, it's tough really. For a start, I really like the keyboard aspect of the Xiang, on the other hand everyone is buying phones like the Vodafone, and Android is another bonus. I'm asking for your help. I'm just that average young guy who communicates and uses the Internet a lot, and games as well, but because of school I'd like to be able to work as well. Can your recommend me the best one in your opinion?

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-new-phone.183704/
Relevancy 29.24%

Beside of Ping and tracert cmd, IS that any tool which i can use to test network latency?

A:Network latency test

on windows pathping
let it run to completion and you get a better picture ot the path to your destination.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-latency-test.168744/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with putting together a desktop pc from scratch test Compatibility I haven t done this before and I was wondering if someone could help me in determining if these parts will go together I looking to build a gaming pc These are the parts I m hoping can go together If there is a better deal or Compatibility test better performance Compatibility test system for the same budget I would be glad to know CPU AMD - FD FRGUBOX Motherboard Gigabyte - GA- FXA-UD Memory Compatibility test Corsair - CMV GX M A C SSD Corsair - CSSD-F GBGT-BK HDD Western Digital - WD EZRX Case Antec - LANBOYAIR-RED Video Card EVGA - G-P - -KR Sound Card ASUS - Xonar-DX PSU Antec - EA- -GREEN Moniter Acer - S HL Blu-Ray Burner Panasonic - UJ- Wireless Card D-Link - DWA- Moniter Acer - S HL Mouse Logitech - - Keyboard CoolerMaster - SGK- -GKCC Network Card - Wired INTELLINET - OS Either Windows Professional or Windows Release Preview Webcam Microsoft - PD- nbsp

A:Compatibility test

Hi Dillon, there's a few things that you could tell us to help us help you.
1. Do you have a budget?
2. Are you willing to buy online?
3. What is your intended usage for this PC? Anything other than gaming?
4. Do you require any specific parts?

as for your current list, It looks OK, but I would make some changes.

firstly, switch the AMD FX-4170 out for an intel i5. I run an FX-6100 in my rig, and it performs nicely, but it's not so great for intense gaming (BF3, Metro 2033, Crysis, etc.) I'd go with the intel i5 3570K or the 2500K. A nice Motherboard to go along with that CPU would be the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H, which is around $175.
Also, I'd suggest you look into getting an aftermarket Heatsink for your CPU. the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is insanely good for the price of around $35, so I highly recommend that.
Next, the EVGA GTX560Ti is a great choice for gaming, but at around $330 (AUD) it's a bit pricey, and you'd be happier with a HD7870 or a GTX570. here are four cards I'd recommend:

AMD: Sapphire Radeon HD7870 2GB GHz - $320
or if you're willing to spend a little extra: MSI R7950 - $369
both these cards would outperform a 560Ti, plus they're PCI3.0

NVIDIA: ASUS GTX570 - $309
or if you're willing to spend a little extra: Gigabyte GTX670 - $399
these cards would absolutely demolish any game when paired up with a 3570K or a 2500K.

my personal recommendation would be:
CPU: intel i5 3570K
GPU: MSI R7950
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - $175
HSF: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO - $35

this list is just my opinion, so feel free to disregard :3

Anyway, moving on, the rest of the parts seem good, it's just those few things I wanted to point out. I'm sure other techspotters will help soon enough too.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatibility-test.183000/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all, here is my question I'm recently building my first PC and and unfortunately I am only able to order part by part. Currently I have my processor, motherboard, power supply and will be ordering my memory next. my processor is a i5 3570k with the Integrated HD4000 Graphics and mobo is a MSI Z77A-GD65, so I planned on using the on-board graphics till I can afford an aftermarket one.

So basically my question is with the processor, mobo, power supply and memory in hand will I be able to run a test boot on the system so I can make sure I don't have any defected or broken parts. If not can you list any extra parts ill need before I can try a test boot. thank you very much.

A:Quick question on test boot

You'll need RAM to seal that deal. The bare components you'll need for a boot/POST are CPU, PSU, board and RAM...a monitor and keyboard wouldn't go amiss either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-question-on-test-boot.182253/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys,

I got an old Samsung M580 Replenish but I set a password on it. My new phone broke and I need to unlock this phone to use it again but I forgot the password. Does anyone know of a software or any way I can hack back into my old phone?

Thanks guys!

A:Hacking an Andriod Phone

There is no hacking needed. Just put the phone through a hard reset. I have added a link on how to do it with a Samsung M580 Replenish.
Hard Reset Samsung Replenish

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hacking-an-andriod-phone.181376/
Relevancy 27.95%

My cellphone is experiencing something I don't know about.

When it is open, sooner or later it lights up again. I check whether it is a message, but no. It is just turning on.

A:My cell phone problem

I'd say Google using your phone's make and model and problem you're experiencing as the keywords. Depends on the popularity of your phone, you might be able to find forums dedicated to it.

Have you tried resetting your phone or update the firmware to see if the problem goes away? Or taking the battery out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cell-phone-problem.179363/
Relevancy 27.52%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 27.09%

Please i don t know wat s wrong with my windows ultimate i have been enjoying it peacefully sorry if i opened this thread in the wrong section the board is so wide so i just felt if i might get some help cause i got this wonderful site on google so i normally use my nokia n to connect to the internet via external bluetooth but some few days ago a friend gave me a usb mouse nd i installed it in the same port where the usb bluetooth was installed but surprisingly after using it nd inserting my usb bluetooth back The problem started nd dis have happened to me once when i was using win basic nd i formatted Problem with USB the Bluetooth of connecting my use external phone n70 my pc but i don t wanna do dat anymore i want to find the solution to the problem surprisingly my nokiapc suite no longer Problem connecting my n70 phone with the use of external USB Bluetooth see my modem i now have to remove the modem from the pc Uninstall the bluetooth from device manager nd even deleted the pairing with my fone then inserted back the bluetooth During installation of the bluetooth the blueetooth peripheral device wasn t installed successfully But it s normal nd my modem worked like that before then after installation i now tried to add my n device via the bluetooth But my modem isn t detected after the adding Please i really need some help cos am messed up ryt nw Pls if u need money to help me out Indicate Thanx sobs nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-my-n70-phone-with-the-use-of-external-usb-bluetooth.170161/
Relevancy 27.09%

Tyring to figure out for friend (for real, a friend):

He runs no landlines nor DSL/Cable Modems only connects through this Tmobile personal Hotspot through his MyTouch 4G.

Just purchased new Blu-Ray with all the bells and whistles requiring internet connectivity, either Cat5 or Wi-Fi (with additional Adapator, yet acquired).

Wants to create access however for Blu-Ray (and possibly printer) utlizing Hotspot and Cat 5 connectivity. Which type of equipment, least cost, known ease of use under this type of access/provider)

Thanks for any insights. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t-mobile-phone-hotspot-blu-ray-wireless-connectivity.169012/
Relevancy 27.95%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 27.09%

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places. didn't do a heavy duty job, I just want it to stay in place till I can get my hands on the right stuff. Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?

Also, when I replaced my digitizer sometimes the screen is unresponsive. It works about 95% of the time but I would like it to work 100% of the time.

I have the LG quantum C900 if anyone needs to know.

A:Replaced my digitizer in my smart phone, need special glue

yRaz said:

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places.Click to expand...

Do you know what happens to Styrofoam when you put a drop of Super-Glue on it ?

yRaz said:

Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?Click to expand...

I don't know what they use on mobile phones however the electrician whom I took my *shower proof* battery powered shaver to, for a replacement battery. Said that stuff was just 'nothing more than hot melt glue' see HMA wiki-link here

If you don't have a *Hot Melt Glue Gun* you don't know what your life is missing :haha:_

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-my-digitizer-in-my-smart-phone-need-special-glue.164531/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.

A:Can I use my phone to make my Internet even faster?

treetops said:

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.Click to expand...

???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-to-make-my-internet-even-faster.164630/
Relevancy 27.52%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 28.38%

so i am going to buy a phone pretty soon . and i was thinking for

samsung galaxy 3 or samsung galaxy pop .

so as galaxy pop is much cheaper and almost has the same features as galaxy 3 .

but for most of the review i read on the net it says that galaxy pop has horrible battery life . so is the battery really so bad . ?

so which phone should i buy ? galaxy 3 or galaxy pop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-phone-should-i-buy.163679/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I had been away from here for a while. I'm back with a problem. I would like to know how can I unlock GSM phone by myself??

The model: HAUWEI G2010
IME: 354093041304731

Hope I can get your help soon,

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-gsm-phone.163542/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, (First Post)

While it is often true that when you get no post after startup, that it is often the powersupply - it would be nice to know if the motherboard is functioning properly.
I use power supply testers, a great time saver, but does anyone know of a reasonalby inexpensive motherboard tester on the market?

A:Board test equipment

Well, I have seen a few mobo/ram testers on Ebay but have no idea how good they are. Just do a search on there for motherboard tester and several will come up, they are about Ģ20.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/board-test-equipment.162741/
Relevancy 24.94%

Have a "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error on a toshiba satelitte L455-S5975, Windows 7

Had to replace hard drive because orginal failed. Changed BIOS to boot CD/DVD drive first, then hard drive second, to load Windows. When I started laptop I received "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error. I changed BIOS to load the hard drive 1st, CD/DVD 2nd. same issue.
- BIOS does identify both HDD & CD/DVD drives.
- CD/DVD drive was working correctly right before the old HDD failed.

What else can I do?

Thanks.

A:"Pxe-e61: media test failure" error help

Go into your Bios and see if Network is in the boot order and disable it. Then try to boot again and post back what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-error-help.162394/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I'm connected to the internet via wireless modem. My PC is connected to the modem via Ethernet and the modem connects me witlessly to the nearest Base Station. The modem has no interface or options to modify.
I play WoW and use Ventrillo ( Voice Chat ). Is there a way to give WoW more priority than Ventrillo ? Because sometimes i have over 600ms latency.

Bandwidth is 512Kbps Up and 128Kbps Down.

Thanks in advance.....

A:How to give bandwidth priority to application over another?

I don't think theres an easy way to do that, without using third party software, but what I would suggest is perhaps lowering the quality of ventrillos call? that would lower the bandwidth required. (Thats if there isn't already an option to lower bandwidth within ventrillo options)

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-give-bandwidth-priority-to-application-over-another.159851/
Relevancy 29.24%

Haf X Asus Rampage III Formula Core I - stock Cooler Master V CPU Cooler kits GB of G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL running in triple channel x Palit GB GTX in SLI Corsair TX watt PSU Windows Pro bit Well first off I m on my second build and I intend to OC My first build was nothing but making sure the Ram was clocked and timed according to specs and unlocking my BE s extra cores On this build all I ve been running is basic tasks and not much gaming on stock settings for several New rig: test stability errors Pre-OC'ing weeks I want to get a moderate overclock ghz on New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors my i - would be nice for starters The overclocking guide I found said to make sure my system was stable at stock I m actually a little bit surprised I hadn t ran prime already When I realized I hadn t even downloaded prime I decided to do so and run it And to my surprise I get an error not mins into the blend test quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than Hardware failure detected consult stress txt file quot I ve never actually gotten an error from prime because my first build wasn t built for OC ing and pushing the hardware to its limits I m not actually quite sure where to go from here Any advice The blend test of prime says it tests the CPU and some Ram should I start to prepare myself mentally for RMA ing at least one component nbsp

A:New rig: Pre-OC'ing stability test errors

this could be a problem with your ram why you need 24GB is crazy to much of a chance of one of the sticks being bad i would try them all separate and see if you still get the error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-rig-pre-ocing-stability-test-errors.159769/
Relevancy 27.95%

Okay here goes I have no sound on a system I ve built It has a biostar mobo with an onboard Realtek for VIA Audio Controller The OS is Windows XP SP with everything updated I have installed all the proper drivers shows Windows, hardware and No despite what dxdiag, test sound... directly from either Biostar or No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows Realtek Whether I use simple headphones or simple stereo amplified computer speakers I have no sound No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows The Windows hardware test the one where you read into the microphone and it shows both the record and playback levels shows great level in each but I have no sound despite what Windows says I ve installed all Chipset No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows drivers as well directly from Biostar I ve run a dxdiag and this is the error code it is showing - quot DirectSound test results Failure at step User verification of software HRESULT x error code dxdiag also noted that the the ALCXWDM SYS is not digitally signed by WHQL the Windows Hardware Quality Lab but I have never had that be an issue Many drivers are not signed Anybody have any idea I ve built dozens of systems over the years repaired many more and I have never dealt with this nbsp

A:No sound... despite what Windows, dxdiag, and hardware test shows

Based on all you say, my best guess is it's a hardware issue as all the drivers/software/Windows seems to think everything is fine. (maybe the audio jacks are broken or not connecting to mobo? idk... just guesses)

I've run a dxdiag and this is the error code it is showing - "DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)Click to expand...

That result happens when you ran the DirectSound test and you told Dxdiag you couldn't hear anything (i.e. user verification is what failed)

dxdiag also noted that the the ALCXWDM.SYS is not digitally signed by WHQL (the Windows Hardware Quality Lab), but I have never had that be an issue. Many drivers are not signed.Click to expand...

Agree, that's not the issue

The Windows hardware test (the one where you read into the microphone and it shows both the record and playback levels shows great level in each, but I have no sound, despite what Windows says.Click to expand...

As far as windows is concerned, it thinks your sound is fine (again, makes me think is purely hardware is my guess)

/* EDIT */
One other thought (tho don't know if applies) but under Ctl Panel->Sound, i think under Audio tab(?), check that the default playback device is set correctly (in case it lists more then one playback device)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-despite-what-windows-dxdiag-and-hardware-test-shows.159815/
Relevancy 27.95%

so heres my network setup...one modem/router (provided by my ISP) , it does not have wifi so i have another wifi router ....an ethernet cable from the isp modem is connected to the WAN port of the wifi router...both DHCPs enabled and all my network clients are connected to the wifi router...everything works flawlessly but my phone, (Sony Ericsson W960)....youtube doesnt work when i use this network setup...but if i make the wifi router act simply as a switch, then youtube works on my phone...any idea why this is happening? i want to use the setup that i have because it gives me greater control over the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-not-working-on-phone.159413/
Relevancy 28.38%

ok i have agreat pc the only problem is that i want to send faxes to the pc and my pc doesnt have a phone jack noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! bumer. well that sucks so i thought were or better what could i do to solve this problem. i vr tried looking at efax but im not sure i could send the fax from the fax itself to the email adress, so what should i do i have a dsl modem is there a way i could use this to solve my problem??

A:Fax to pc without phone jack

...my pc doesnt have a phone jack...Click to expand...

That just means it doesn't have a modem card. Have you considered getting one? They're very inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fax-to-pc-without-phone-jack.159357/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi, can anyone tell me how i can test my ram please ?
I have 12gig of DDR 3 and memtest cant allocate it for some reason, the OS see's all the ram as does the bios, so how can i test its integrity ?

Thanks.

A:RAM test?

Hi vale
You try Mem scope which you can download here
http://www.micro2000uk.co.uk/products/microscope/MemScope_Free_Memory_Tester.htm

Download the iso and burn to cd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-test.158744/
Relevancy 24.08%

my laptop was stuck or hang suddenly during i played the music or open any application....

A:Laptop's hang while running the application and sometimes sticky

English is not your first language? Do you have a friend that speaks English that can explain this a little clearer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptops-hang-while-running-the-application-and-sometimes-sticky.156471/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi,
My PC recently started to freeze so I did a PSU test with a tester & it showed no -5v LED when testing the 24pin connection. I bought a new PSU and had the same problem with the PC. I tested the new PSU and again it showed no light for -5v. What is going on?? Is it coincidence both PSUs failed on -5v or is my set damaging the PSU? The old PSU was an enermax 650x and the new one is a coolermaster 600w. I don't really need the wattage but it was always in case of an upgrade.

Please help!!

thanks

A:PSU test results - what does it mean?

Either your tester's dodgy or you've got a case of really bad luck and two faulty PSUs. If the -5v rail test light isn't on, I can only assume that there's no current going through it. If it's the type of tester I think it is;

Green = in range (close enough to the correct voltage - think tolerance is about 5%)
Red or Orange = out of range (too high or too low; faulty)
No LED = Immediate fail or the pin isn't conducting properly with the tester

Check out the pic below (hope it works) and see if that pin is connecting with the corresponding pin on the tester. If it is, then yeah. Broken tester or broken PSUs.

Most testers are fine, but just like all other electronic items it could be faulty... I'd be tempted to try another tester or confirm with a 3rd power supply - preferably one that IS already tested to be okay. It's highly unlikely your tester is breaking the supplies.

If it's starting to freeze, give your machine a RAM test and Hard Drive test. If they both pass it's likely (likely! not definitely!) software - nothing a format/reload can't fix

Hope that helps mate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-test-results-what-does-it-mean.155271/
Relevancy 27.95%

With proliferation of internet phones, does anybody have any idea how HyperTerminal used via dial-up through a traditional land line can be done with these new internet phone?

A:Using HyperTerminal over Internet phone

hmm; I think there's a problem with the concept.

Hyper Terminal is like Telnet; it accesses a shell account at the remote site.

*IF* a remote site would still have modems AND allow dial-in access, then one might
be able to make this work and your question then gets solved on the smartphone with the right App.

I think the premise is not very probable any longer - - who allows dial-in when 99.9% of the world is not DSL or Cable connected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-hyperterminal-over-internet-phone.156163/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

i have recovered some of my deleted videos with a recovery software but most of the filles can't oppen with any of the palyers that i have down load even down load the codec pack but still not working.. need a help on this as these videos are very important !!!!!!!!

A:Some videos I have recovered from my phone is not working!

A file doesn't get permanently destroyed and eradicated from your memory by simply deleting it from the directory structure. Instead, it is kept safe in a free memory area, stored in case you change your mind and need your file back. What gets deleted is the link pointing towards the file, so if you would compare a file to a book page, deleting the file does not tear the page out of the book, but rather deletes the page's index from the table of contents, represented by the file system here.

Still, your hard disk space is not infinite, so eventually the space your deleted files gets crammed into will fill up and no more "closet" space will be available. What the operating system does in such a case is overwrite the old deleted files with newer deleted files, so there's a certain time limit in which you could recover your lost data. For example, if you deleted a file from your hard drive a year ago, the chances are slim that you'll find it intact

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-videos-i-have-recovered-from-my-phone-is-not-working.155936/
Relevancy 28.81%

I was given an old desktop from a place I work because it no longer worked and it was time for them to upgrade anyways It was easy to determine that the only problem was the HDD was corrupted I have a new HDD I am going to install but I results... Memtest86+ test advice? wanted to check the RAM since that may have caused the corruption With all modules installed x gb x mb I ran Memtest There was an error on the first pass zero errors on the second pass I ran Memtest on each module individually to determine the faulty stick but all passed on at least two passes I was hoping the faulty stick would show up I reinstalled ALL sticks and have Memtest86+ test results... advice? been running Memtest for the last hours no errors on passes Stupid me for not writing down the first error I received I d like to figure out if something is wrong before I go forward and start using the computer What would you guys do in this case If I knew what module initially caused the error I d automatically replace it but I only know it was one of the four nbsp

A:Memtest86+ test results... advice?

I reinstalled ALL sticks and have been running Memtest for the last 24 hours...no errors on 14 passes.Click to expand...

In that case, I find it likely that there is nothing wrong despite the previous error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memtest86-test-results-advice.153732/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I play alot of fps games. I was thinking of using my phone to connect to the internet on my laptop when im on the move. But my data plan is only 500mb. How much bandwidth do games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 use typically. I'm talking just unmodded vanilla servers. Will the 500mb be sufficient to play games on the odd occasion? Please note I rarely if ever use any of it on my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-phone-for-online-games.153514/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well, i have 5.1 creativ speakers got about 2 years back. they worked fine with wxp but when i upgraded to wvista and w7 all hell broke loose. at a point in time in vista i got the rear speakers to work. when i upgraded to w7, i also got the rear speakers to work eventually. i now have a new motherboard with shitty drivers and can't get the rear speakers to work. in the tests they work but when i play music, watch movies anything nothing comes out of the front centre or rear speakers. any help guiz?
TY
p.s. the drivers my mobo uses are VIA HD Audio deck. i've tried uninstall all sound drivers and reinstalling but to no aveil
p.s. also at one point in time few days ago everything was working but the next day the rears just stopped...

A:5.1 Speakers rear and mid sound not playing any sound apart from test

did all the speakers sound when test in via hd audio deck or windows 7 audio control panel?

if yes, most likely you will need to enable the 'upmix' feature of VIA. I'm not sure what is it called, but in Realtek it is called Realtek Speaker Fill or Dolby ProLogic IIx. If there isn't any, you may want to try Channel Mixer for foobar2000.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-speakers-rear-and-mid-sound-not-playing-any-sound-apart-from-test.152976/
Relevancy 29.24%

hey gang,
i am d-sub. i have an acer aspire one zg5 netbook. I've owned it for several months. i turned it on recently and got this message while it was booting.
pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable
pxe-mof: exiting pxe rom
then it shows the aspire one logo screen for a second and goes blank. the mouse is setting in the center of the blank screen. i am able to control the mouse. can u help?

A:Media test failure

First, can you see anything... that allows you to remove and reinstall the driver as a first step... Looks as if you have a part to replace, if the configuration allows it... otherwise, is it under warrnty still?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-test-failure.152447/
Relevancy 29.67%

Does anyone know any good RAM test freeware that works for XP?

A:RAM test

Memtest is highly recommended.

It doesn't need to be compatible with XP, the best versions run from CD/bootable media and run without the OS functioning.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-test.151894/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey, I've got O2 Home Broadband and it comes through my phone line via a DSL cable which plugs into my router which is downstairs in the kitchen.I also have a phone line in my bedroom where I am now, and I was thinking if I brought the router upstairs in my bedroom and plugged the DSL cable into the phone line and into the router up here would I still have an internet connection? both phone plugs are on the same phone line with the same phone number, I'm hoping to have a wired connection to my PS3 as I've been having some connectivity issues lately.

If I've confused you

-I've got a router downstairs, internet comes through DSL (Phone line to router)
-Bring router upstairs, plug it into phone line up here
-Still get a connection?

A:I get O2 broadband through DSL (phone line)

As long as the phone line in the bedroom is an extension of the phone line downstairs, or the other way around your fine.

Remember you need a DSL filter in each phone line (which should already be fitted). So if your moving the modem/router upstairs, but leaving the phone line plugged in downstairs, you must connect the phone via the DSL filter.

So:

Downstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > Telephone plug

Upstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > modem/router (and phone if your connecting one too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-o2-broadband-through-dsl-phone-line.151341/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi guys

I wanted to check my PC,apparently there's sth wrong with it since it doesn't turn on the monitor whenever it restarts, based on the archive of this great site I checked the Graphic card and RAM. but I don't know how to check the CPU or mobo, could you tell me what I should do?

PS: I think I should buy new ones!!!

thank you guys

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-test-cpu-or-mb.151052/
Relevancy 24.51%

It says " Application Error" for "Svhost couldn't load properly"

what does this means??
This paralyzes my internet connection in Mozilla..it's bit slow!
What are your suggestions?

A:Application Error! This is annoying every 5-10 minutes.

Sorry i forget to add something...

Failed to initialized 00000x4 Sv host

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/application-error-this-is-annoying-every-5-10-minutes.149590/
Relevancy 27.09%

Using Windows XP Home and a Motorola RAZR phone camera I have an older RAZR and a new one I just bought With the older phone Sending pictures to my desktop as an attachment to an email Each picture shows up in the email with it s own number name under the picture e g - - I Problem sending to pictures from desktop phone download the pic to My Documents then I use Open With gt Photoimprission and all is well With the new phone In the phone each pic has a number name When the pics show up in the email there is no number instead under every pic it says Preview If I change the name I can download multiple pics to My Documents When I use Open With gt Photoimpression Photoimpression opens but the pic does not show up The problem is with the new RAZR I removed the battery amp sim from the new phone put them in the old phone and it works fine nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-sending-pictures-from-phone-to-desktop.149391/
Relevancy 27.09%

Okay, so my friend has a prepaid cellphone from Virgin Mobile.

Sometimes we'll be having a conversation, and then something happens with the phone service or whatever, and I get the same text message maybe 20 times over the course of 5 hours or so, and during that time she can't receive any texts from me.

Then after a while, it goes back to normal, and her phone gets a flood of texts that I sent over the past few hours.
What the heck is going on?
Why does this happen?
Can we do anything to fix it?

I'm not so sure how cellphone SMS messages work exactly, so I would love some more information.
Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

A:Virgin Mobile phone sends same text message over and over again

Did you check with Virgin Mobile?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help-support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-mobile-phone-sends-same-text-message-over-and-over-again.145345/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, I just got a pc from a friend. To my knowledge it has a Pentium 4 2.8GHz and 2 gb of ram with a 500watt power supply. Not sure if it works though, whenever I turn it on it makes this strange sound and the cpu fan barely spins at all (its obvious the sound is the fan) All I want to do is make sure this computer works, and will post before I go out and buy a cpu fan for it. Is there any way of going about this without damaging the computer? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

A:Needing to test out computer

first thing i would do is connect a monitor to see if the motherboard POSTS; look for any errors on startup. there is the possibility that the power supply needs to be replaced but if you can verify the processor needs a new cooler i would look into swapping that as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/needing-to-test-out-computer.145359/
Relevancy 29.24%

hi hoping to get some help here my desktop manchine would not boot today it is a xfx 680i LT sli motherbored with a intel Q6600 in it, a xfx 8800gts graphics card and 3gb of memory.

when i try to boot it, it get as far as saying "main processor" and then just stops.

anyone got any ideas?

glen

A:Freezes on the post test?

Failed hard drive...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-on-the-post-test.143951/
Relevancy 27.95%

So I just moved Cell phone repeaters? into a new apartment It s a really nice place even has it s own fitness center for the community a car wash and free coffee will explain later with pictures I shall post but not in this thread Anyways the building s structure here totally messes Cell phone repeaters? up any signals inside the apartment except for right by the window of my room I get a bar of G signal And I mean RIGHT there like press the cellphone against the glass So I went online looking for a cellphone repeater to buy but there are so many models many of them ridiculously expensive or they seem to be I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to buy I just want to use my cellphone indoors not out on the porch I use voice texting and data services thus I really would like to make it so that G signal from AT amp T s tower gets there The apartment is square feet Yes it s huge but there are people living here though I want to hopefully be able to use the cellphone relatively anywhere in the apartment If I can t have that I ll settle for the back bedrooms mine and my mother sister s bedrooms Any information on these things would be useful I don t want to spend the - and find out that it doesn t do what I want it to nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-repeaters.143447/
Relevancy 27.95%

kk so i got this new phone LG Neon TE365

at first i thought this phone was gonna be amazing and all but it ended up being a real bugger

first off... the phone did not come with any usb cables installation cd what so ever

luckily i have bluetooth on my computer and i am able to transfer files to the phone

secondly, i can't set anything as a ring tone which is pissing me off

it gives me this "DRM FIle Only"

so basically i was wondering if anyone ever gets DRM File Only when setting ring tunes on LG Phones or any other phones

i found out unlocking the phone has nothing to do with it so please help =]

thank you
-friendly noob nosebleedXD

A:Need help with phone LG Neon te365

First, get the USB cable then download Bitpim and read the instructions for connecting your phone. Make sure your phone is supported first. The software is free and the USB cables are less than $10 US

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-phone-lg-neon-te365.128418/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all I think I have a problem with my nVidia GeForce GTX I was watching a dvd to motherboard? 8800GTX test Diagnostics and on my computer when suddenly strange artifacts started to appear and then the whole computer froze up but the sound kept playing I switched my computer off Now when I start up my computer strange lines and dots appear on the XP loading screen and when the desktop should appear I get white black blue bands across the screen and I can t see the desktop at all I can start up in safe mode with no problems I tried to install updated drivers but I get an error message saying quot The nVidia control panel could not be installed the most recent driver will be restored quot It has now rolled me back to driver version dated February I have also tried cleaning and resetting the card I am certain it is not a heat issue Diagnostics to test 8800GTX and motherboard? as the hottest it gets is degrees only on very hot days and when I m playing the latest games and the Diagnostics to test 8800GTX and motherboard? original crash occured while I wasn t playing a game but watching a dvd I have not overclocked my card I Diagnostics to test 8800GTX and motherboard? m assuming the issue is most likely a hardware problem and is either my graphics card or my motherboard Can anyone recommend diagnostic utilities tests that I can run to isolate exactly where the problem is occuring The computer was bought from Dell just over years ago and I have not installed or removed any hardware since getting the computer Here are my specs Dell Dimension Intel Core Quad Processor Q GHz Windows XP SP GB RAM mb PCIe x nVidia GeForce GTX ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED Thanks Simon nbsp

A:Diagnostics to test 8800GTX and motherboard?

sounds like it might be time to replace the video card... could be faulty vram. artifacts typically mean two things... overheating or faulty video memory. anything above 70c is pretty hot, even for a 8800GT but i wouldn't be surprised if it was the onboard ram. uninstall the drivers from the add/remove programs menu and then run Driver Sweeper to clean up the files. restart the computer and try to install the latest WHQL drivers from www.nvida.com and restart again. if you still experience strange artifacts or other performance issues, replace the card.

i don't think you would get any video at all if the motherboard was the culprit, so start with the video card. as far as diagnostics tools go... you can't really isolate and hardware related issues through software. best thing to do is just trial and error.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diagnostics-to-test-8800gtx-and-motherboard.141860/
Relevancy 29.24%

I m having a problem with my Toshiba Satellite L regarding the quot PXE-E Media test failure check cable quot message I ve tried every remedy every website has given I ve tried resetting the boot sequence using the HDD as its first choice But I ve also realized that under BIOS it doesn t seem to be reading the HDD I ve tried taking it out and putting it back PXE-E61 error test media in That didn t seem to work either The screen has been cracked for about a month but you could still see aout of everything But since the PXE-E61 media test error error message the laptop screen has gone completely blank Now I have it hooked up to my desktop s monitor Anyways what PXE-E61 media test error I m trying to ask is that could the problem have PXE-E61 media test error something to do with the monitor or video card I ve been on about different sites and I do remember one suggestion was to replace the video card Do laptops even have video cards lol anyways help is much appreciated nbsp

A:PXE-E61 media test error

PXE is an option to boot across the network! Check you BIOS settings and ensure you
have the HD as the first choice

see description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-error.141714/
Relevancy 24.51%

I've been getting the above mentioned error everytime i power on my compaq presario f700 laptop. i ran sfc/scannow and i was informed that some files were unable to be repaired.

Anybody got any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ref-mfc-application-has-stopped-running.141730/
Relevancy 27.52%

i have only put this thread here because i couldnt find anywere else to post it i do appologise if it is in wrong place.
does anyone know why i can t send texts , everytime i go to send text message it comes up with a message saying service not available i can receive text messages & and use phone to make calls on .
i would be greatful if anyone knows what might be the problem.thankyou

A:Samsung sgh-v200 mobile phone

You will need to have a texting option opened by your cell provider...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-sgh-v200-mobile-phone.134145/
Relevancy 28.38%

I just built this new pc and I am having such a issue with it I have a OS installed and cannot load many programs on it always getting errors sometimes I get errors loading windows I called Wester Digital and Error! Sector Wright Test:: Cable they sent me new HD s I ran a test Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostic as they advised me to do with the old HD s and gives me this error The error was showing up on my other HD s Cable Test:: Wright Sector Error! now on the new HD s I just got I am running a MSI -C AM AMD ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Callisto GHz Cable Test:: Wright Sector Error! Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor Model HDZ WFGIBOX G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNQ With Western digital HD s GB GB Can it be that my motherboard is bad or more possible to be more bad HD s nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cable-test-wright-sector-error.140735/
Relevancy 27.95%

i am getting a pxe-e61:media test failure check cable fault on my hp nx9005 laptop.
i have removed the hdd from the laptop and installed it in my pc as slave using a 2.5 - 3.5 adaptor with psu. it registers in the bios but not in windows. if i then disconnect the main pc hard drive and set the laptop hdd as master and try and install windows xp using the xp cd it states no hdd present

from this i would take it as the hard drive is damaged/dead

any advice welcome, thanks

A:HP nx9005 pxe-e61: Media test failure check cable fault

So you have placed the laptop Hard Drive in place of your Desktop CD/DVD Drive? (as is what I usually do)
And your Windows version cannot see it in My Computer?

With the 2,5" Drive in place of the removed CD/DVD Drive (on its own IDE Cable)
And with the current Desktop system drive still connected (also on its own IDE Cable)

Go to start > Run > diskmgmt.msc > ok
Can you now see your drive?

If so, confirm the Volume type is Healthy and running NTFS (just like your main drive?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-nx9005-pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable-fault.138216/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum, was looking here a few days ago - my broadband connection became really slow for no apparent reason and I wanted to test my speed - I was told about this new one on one of the forums called Streetstats, which not only gives you your broadband speed but also tells you what speeds your neighbours are getting - genius!

It really worked for me (found out I could be getting a much better deal with a different provider, so I'm now switching!) - would be interesting to see if it's just a one off or if it really is the most accurate speedtest around...

A:Broadband speed test

You can find them with a Gurgle search... I would download three to try... You
may be very surprised to see the variance in results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broadband-speed-test.138684/
Relevancy 28.38%

So my phone is messed up it s battery dies all the time it shuts off for no reason etc I need a new phone but I don t know which phone to get and I thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction I use AT amp T as my carrier and unfortunately can t change that right now I currently have a Samsung A The following things the phone must have Bluetooth G and able to be linked to my laptop with Bluetooth so that I can what a Need phone... get clueless about new to use it as a modem and dial out to get internet access on the Need a new phone... clueless about what to get go Currently my phone has an unlimited data plan on it so I just dial out using the number that the phone uses to get it s internet and I don t get charged extra for tethering Play MP s Micro SD slot Decent camera Preferably have a POP email client Preferably have voice dialing I really REALLY would like it if the phone had a full qwerty keyboard I was thinking about the Samsung BlackJack II but wasn t sure if it was worth it I was also looking at the Samsung Impression A but it s a bit pricey Does anyone know if the Samsung BlackJack II s GPS navigation requires an additional service from AT amp T Or does it simply work like my car s navigation system purely off the satellites and a map database nbsp

A:Need a new phone... clueless about what to get

I don't use ATT so can't give you the exact answer you're looking for.. but can provide a couple comments

1. When you use your phone as a modem do u use BT to your computer?
> BT 2.0 (as i recall) is only 3 megabits/sec vs.
> USB cable is like 480 Mbits
So BT is fine for contacts and synchronization, etc. but you might find USB far better if you need a serious computer data session (vs. just a quick connect where speed is offset by convenience of no USB cable)

2. If your phone is Nav capable, then it also just works off of GPS satellites and a map database. It's only a matter of whether Nav is a feature included in your ATT plan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-new-phone-clueless-about-what-to-get.137343/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just picked up a used computer for free and I m thinking I got what I paid for it is a Dell Dimension The previous owner said the computer worked fine when he last used it no idea how long ago that was Anyway when I first tried to boot it it made it to the Dell intro screen BIOS boot and then halted with the status bar stuck of the way The I RDRAM Boot to Won't think test Used Computer need - I second time I tried to boot it a different error appeared on the screen - a text-based error which I can t exactly remember The third time I got beeping from the motherboard and no video The diagnostic lights on the rear of the machine are YYGG - quot Memory failed to be sized or enabled quot After some research I determined that the beep code I was getting - - - is not documented for the motherboard - lucky me I read somewhere that the and used the same Used Computer Won't Boot - I think I need to test RDRAM beep codes - so I cross-referenced and found that the beep code likely meant a failure in one of the memory modules I think the beep code was - - - I just wanted to get a sanity check on my troubleshooting so far I realize that I probably need to track down a good RDRAM set of memory modules OR a set of RDRAM continuity modules My other question is are the continuity modules just jumpers or is there actual circuitry on Used Computer Won't Boot - I think I need to test RDRAM them I honestly don t want to spend any money on this computer especially since Used Computer Won't Boot - I think I need to test RDRAM it could be a goner Wish I could figure out a way to test the memory without doling out some money nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-computer-wont-boot-i-think-i-need-to-test-rdram.136556/
Relevancy 28.81%

MY COMPUTER STATS

MOTHERBOARD : GIGABYTE EP45 EXTREME
RAM: (2x) 2GB Ballistix (part number:BL25664AA80A )
VIDEO CARD : GIGABYTE 9800GTX+ 1GB GDDR3
CPU: INTEL Q8200 2.33GHZ CORE 2 QUAD

PROBLEM:

When i boot up my comp, it proceeds to POST and does a failed memory test.
instead of Memory test: ST********** ), it becomes : (Mem or Memory te) and then the computer restarts. You can not access bios page,safe mode or access anything. If im lucky and i am able to get the computer running it will work for like 10-20 minutes and restart, even if im youtubing or just surfing the net.

NOTE: i am using an Award bios

A:Post memory test failed

It fails POST? Are there any beeps when you turn your PC on?

Try removing one stick of RAM and run the PC. See if the problem persists. If you're getting a memory error then run memtest86+ on each module separately.

However, first I'd recommend that you clean the inside of the PC and reset every component on your motherboard after cleaning.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/post-memory-test-failed.136537/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi friends
i m using windows server 2003 and i hv intall ad on it now i want that particular user logon through terminal services and i want that user hv a right only for a particular application i.e when he logs on through terminal services particular application gets start and when he quits that application user get automatically logoff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-logoff-when-application-is-quit.135974/
Relevancy 27.09%

Its plain and simple. How do i disable ALL java security exeptions on my motorolla k1 cell phone?

Im trying to use BTdiscover to hack my girlfriends phone and download all her sms into my cell phone but the java security exeption will not let me wrote on my phones MMC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/java-settings-bothering-me-on-my-cell-phone.134856/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey I have an old Inspiron B130. Seems the battery is bad, or maybe it's just not charging, or maybe it's just not working in some other way? My question is how can I test?
I don't want to just rush out and buy a new battery without knowing if the laptop battery subsystem is working. The laptop came from a person who "claims" that the battery is actually a new one. I can't verify, so I want to see if I can test the laptop itself.
I wonder if there are wiring diagrams or something where I can just test a few of the pins. Or I wonder if the pins are testable at all without a battery plugged in?

How can I make sure the battery subsystem works before I buy a new battery?

A:Test battery and test output from laptop?

If you can't find any diagrams, just get a multitester, and with power off and pc unplugged, take out the battery and find pos / neg terminals on the computer against the chassis (unless they are labelled on the battery by chance?). Once you know which terminal is which, put the battery in the computer, let it charge (does the charge light come on? I should have asked that before). for a couple hours, unplug it and check the power. You may not see the full 11 volts (at least that's what I think the battery is on that model), but if it's charging, you should always have at least some residual power...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/test-battery-and-test-output-from-laptop.133963/
Relevancy 28.81%

What's the best freeware to test Pentium 4 temperature and other CPU stability?

A:Freeware to test Pentium 4 temperature?

Everest Home... Here is the download:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeware-to-test-pentium-4-temperature.127710/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all i need some major help before i end up throwing my PC ouy of the window i have a audable female voiced message as i switch on CPU test System failed my PC System failed CPU test saying quot system faled cpu test quot i have no idea how to stop it i have taken my PC to many different people and no one seems to know what the problem is i have been told to System failed CPU test clean the dust on the fans which i have done several times over the last years and i have reset the whole PC wiped everything off and rebutted all the software i have been told that the cpu means there is a fault with the processor surley if the processor isnt working then i wont be able to switch on my PC and use the internet word excel etc which i can ive very much baffelled with the technicalities of computers and with my own PC the message really gets on my nerves hence i want to throw it out of the window i need your help assistance as no technical expert seems to know why im getting this message or how to stop it and fix it Thanks nbsp

A:System failed CPU test

Ok, now tell us what your PC's make and model is... Have you tried resetting the motherboards bios to the default settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-failed-cpu-test.124895/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am still using dial-up as my main source of Internet access I use a PCI SoftV Modem hooked up to a home phone line This is the only line into my house I have a slitter plugged into the line with two ports one has a line plugged in that is is Activated Phone Disconnects When PC Modem Line connected to the modem on my PC the other PC Modem Disconnects When Phone Line is Activated has a line that connects my telephone The telephone is a dual-system it has a cordless phone and a base phone not cordless My modem worked normal with my phone ever since I had my PC Normally when the modem was connected and one would lift the phone off the hook you would hear the various noises of the Remote computer on the other end If someone called while the Modem connection was active they would hear a busy signal Recently I had to reformat my HD So of course I had to reinstall windows So of course I had to reinstall the drivers for my modem This was about days ago Ever since if someone lifts the phone of the hook the modem will automatically disconnect This is true with both the cordless phone and the base phone If someone calls they still get the busy signal and the modem does not disconnect but if someone lifts the phone of the hook or turns the cordless phone on like one would do to get a dial tone noises can still be heard from the phone but the modem disconnects I have searched through the various settings on Internet Properties modem options connection settings and stuff like that on my PC The phone does not seem to be doing thing out of the ordinary and the only thing that has changed recently is the reinstallation of the OS and drivers I am guessing it is some sort of setting that I haven t been able to detect yet So to be clear Internet worked fine beforehand now when phone is picked up modem disconnects if someone from outside calls they get busy signal and modem does not disconnect any advice would be great thanks nbsp

A:PC Modem Disconnects When Phone Line is Activated

Disconnect all splitters and phone lines except one for your computer. Make sure you disable call waiting and see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-modem-disconnects-when-phone-line-is-activated.129876/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello members i posted a question about days Lan the failed media adapter test ago about my acer travelmate showing a blank screen after changing the hard drive but powers up the same fault develoded on different acer travelmate a month before after removing hard drive i tried the hard drive in my packard bell easynote and this also developed a problem where the screen is ok lights up and lets me go into F SETTINGS after trying different Lan adapter failed the media test settings and even loading default settins now all that happens after coming out of F is a flashing - minus sign in the top left corner of the screen on the packard bell A friend has just brought a IBM THINKPAD and Lan adapter failed the media test tried the hard drive in the acer but still the blank screen after putting back the hard drive back in the IBM it shows this message LAN ADAPTER FAILED THE MEDIA TEST PLEASE CHECK THE CABLE AND REBOOT THE SYSTEM why am i Lan adapter failed the media test getting this message on the IBM THINKPAD and it also appeared on the PACKARD BELL a few days ago after swapping the hard drive as on both occasions the only cable plugged in is the power cable on each laptop why would changing the hard drives develop these faults on three laptops where as before they all worked ok sorry this post is very long but i need to explain as clearly as i could as i am a Novice with computers please help me as i am desperate to get them all working again much appreciative for any help or advice and please feel free to E-MAIL ME to ask me anything regarding these problems THANKS BARRY nbsp

A:Lan adapter failed the media test

pick one system and work on it -- then begin on the other

which one is most important to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-adapter-failed-the-media-test.128161/