Windows Support Forum

z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

Q: z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

Maybe somebody here knows what to do After I changed the setting of the PCIe-slots to compute the z no longer starts at all and won't give me a chance to change this setting back to the way it was nbsp I understand that the compute setting is workstation red z400 6 & changing bi... gives light after beeps reserved for special video cards like the Nvidia Tesla card and I also know by now that it is completely wrong for my needs nbsp nbsp When I now press the power button I see the red light flasing along with the beeps indicating a graphics error nbsp I already tried to reset the cmos by taking the battery out pushing the cmos z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi... button but no luck The way I see it the z no longer expects a regular graphics card in the PCIe slots and z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi... therefore signals that z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi... no card is installed same error code without any graphics card installed nbsp nbsp So does anyone know how I can change this back to normal nbsp There must be a way I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help because I'm in the middle of a production and this workstation plays a crucial role Thanks Vinne nbsp PS I don't think it matters but the OS is Windows GB RAMPPS Would the recovery jumper help - and if so how

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

Hi! To make sure that you reset the CMOS settings correctly, please verify that you followed (exactly) these steps:-Power off the machine;-Disconnect the power cable from the PSU; -Disconnect the rest of the cables as well (all of them);-Remove access pannel;-Locate, press, and hold the CMOS button for (at least) five seconds (do not remove the battery);-Replace the access panel;-Reconnect external devices;-Plug in and power on the workstation;-Reset the workstation passwords and configuration information, such as the system date and time The workstation powers up for three to five seconds, then powers down; Please try it and let me know of the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z400-workstation-gives-6-beeps-amp-red-light-after-changing/td-p/5081336
Relevancy 24.51%

Okay so my computer is manly for playing games but I ve been having a problem for quite some time that I & self it Bios GPU Usage Drops Changing & CPU can t seem to be able to fix During gameplay at some points totally randomly I start to have huge freezes both CPU and GPU usage drop insanely and following same do the fans this usually GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self happens for or minutes sometimes even longer a simple relog from the game fixes it This also happens if let s say I go AFK from my game about minutes or so when I come back it s freezing ALOT I looked further into trying to fix this problem I tried almost everything until I had the idea to check my bios since I had previously overclocked my CPU not overclocked atm and surprise for me when I did a bios reset for default settings this is what I saw http postimg org image eoejxdyv That is changed by itself every boot And that is what is causing my GPU and CPU usage drops I have no idea why that is changing by itself at first I though it was AI Suite software from Asus that I had used before to overclock my CPU but even with that uninstalled it is happening I also thought about reinstalling my windows but I would rather wait GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self for Windows to go public My Specs - Windows Pro - Bit - Evga Supernova Nex G Gold - Asus Z -Pro Socket - Intel Core i k ghz Ghz Turbo - Corsair Hydro H - Gigabyte Windforce R X GB GDDR - GB G Skill Ripjaw-X Mhz DDR Dual PS All drivers and software are always updated nbsp

A:GPU & CPU Usage Drops & Bios Changing it self

Have you tried changing the cmos battery? The bios will not hold settings if the battery is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-cpu-usage-drops-bios-changing-it-self.216095/
Relevancy 24.51%

I changed my microphone jack to an inline jack for a recording project, how do I change it back?

A:Changing my jack back to a microphone

You may want to post your computers specs. Such as what os you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-jack-back-to-a-microphone.213539/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello First I want to say that my native language is not English If I have made any grammatical errors ask to be excused Recently I decided to improve my computer s video card and bought a GTX DirectCU Once I put it in my computer he began to beep and the card does not start at all I went to the computer service and asked what could be my problem There I was xw4600 and HP DirectCU GTX Workstation 660 told that most likely my power is insufficient So before I invest in new power want to ask - is it possible that the problem lies elsewhere In the end it was pretty old computer and there may be some incompatibility On the GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation net I found this The HP XW workstation motherboard and power supply are Proprietary GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation the power supply can t be upgraded with a standard ATX power supply Sorry The power supply is specific to that hp board Click to expand Spoiler My pc Power Supply watts wide-ranging active Power Factor Correction Efficient Computer Computer Type ACPI GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP xw Workstation Motherboard Chipset Intel Beachwood X System Memory MB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Compaq Display Video Adapter NVIDIA Quadro FX MB Storage Disk Drive ST AS GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WDC WD EZEX- BN A GB RPM SATA-III Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H Q BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Hewlett-Packard Version F v Release Date Size MB System BIOS Version Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot Network Service Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI ACPI PnP Expansion Capabilities PCI USB Virtual Machine No From my research so far my power supply should be enough for this video card nbsp

A:GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation

My best opinion as to why you are having problems is incompatibility. Looking at the chipset for your motherboard (Intel Beachwood X38), it is linked for a PCI Express slot version 1.1. The Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU is a PCI Express 3.0 card. Not all PCI Express 3.0 cards will work in a PCI Express 1.1 slot. Multiple people have had problems with said issue. If you are looking for better compatibility, I would suggest getting a PCI Express 2.1 (or 2.0) video card. You will have less issues getting it to work properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660-directcu-and-hp-xw4600-workstation.210847/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi forum I have changed my power supply because my ex power supply involved in the problem specs was Watt Watt Real model GP B Green with that before it crash down my system was boot up correctly after I hit the Power On button on top of my chassis since a few days ago that I ve bought a new PSU with this spec Green Watt Real OC edition model GP B GOLD plus Gold now the problem is every time I want to turn on my PC first it doesn t boot up but it s powered on and all hardware are in correct position and nothing s weird just actually do nothing until I push or times Reset button or Power button from chassis and then after a while when it re-started again everything goes well and system will boot up perfectly note - new results and experience I decided to have had some tests so I told by myself let s check the computer when it s powered off recently and I did uninterrupted turn it back ON again so it worked I tried several times to power On and power Off shutting down from windows and it worked so I get that when my machine is powered off for half an hour or maybe several hours then it should be handle after my problem PSU changing Weird this problem Weird problem after changing my PSU which I mention and This test was a huge leap in my opinion pluralization - I m thinking maybe it refers to my new and fresh PSU maybe it has a new system delay interrupt or maybe optional Weird problem after changing my PSU setting that can help through this - maybe the problem is related to the cables I m not sure because I double checked the cables and all connections before - if problem is related to the Capacitors so in this case Capacitors are usually swollen but there is no sign of this condition I also double checked Capacitors for assurance - especially this PSU is the best kind of high power supplies and it s new no sign of ripple noise or any suspicious signs of its internal hardware - so we can say no MOBO suspicious no PSU suspicious no Graphics suspicious anything but only RAM at this point we can say maybe problem is refers to the RAM modules because I haven t test it yet and I hope it is nothing to worry - according to recent test we can assuming there should be a common setting or case that helping us through this because if there was a problem with any kind of hardware then why when I test it repeatedly ON OFF uninterrupted there was no sign of a problem and one more thing remember not to there is no sign or overheating of any kind of my hardware too I m always aware about this any help will appreciate in advance Thanks System Specs OS - Win Enterprise x CPU - i Video - GTX Mobo - Asus P X D Premium x chip RAM - GB Corsair XMP x GB MHz nbsp

A:Weird problem after changing my PSU

Any suggestion ? HELLOOOO?anybody's home?game time..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-after-changing-my-psu.208889/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, everyone - I have a dell e4300 - actually I have three. On one, when it is plugged in to charge, the blue light that indicates that it is plugged in and charging, which normally would be blue continuously, is blinking, or oscillatiing, off and on.

I bent the pin on the inside of the cord slightly in order to maybe get a better contact, and bent the barrel slightly for same reason - the blinking is the same.

So, it does not quite seem like this is a weak, variable connection. Also, I get the same thing with another charger cable. Does this mean something?

A:Dell e4300 blue light charge indicator blinking

Well ,the more I look at this, the less regular it seems, but it does come on momentarily every several seconds. It sure is not charged up, despite being plugged in for over 24 hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e4300-blue-light-charge-indicator-blinking.208530/
Relevancy 32.68%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 21.07%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey,

I am looking to get a laptop for school (Microsoft office, emails, etc...) but also to have some gaming capabilities, most importantly to run Dota 2 1080p @60 FPS (the only game I really care about on this laptop).

The budget is about 700?-900?, but it is quite variable, as I can go higher if it is really worth it.

Thanks in advance,

~Atham

EDIT: www.heureka.sk is what you can search with, but you can just tell me which product and I will search it.

A:Need a laptop for school with some light gaming capabilities

1080p? On your laptop screen, or on an external screen? And wow 60fps is gonna be pushing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-laptop-for-school-with-some-light-gaming-capabilities.204675/
Relevancy 30.1%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/three-long-beeps-on-intel-desktop-board-d850mv-d850emv2.191367/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I have just finished putting together a new computer first time, everything works fine boots up no problems at all,the only thing I don't understand is there is a red light next to the reset button that is a light that never comes on is it meant to its connected next to the reset and power cable on the motherboard.regards Martin

A:Red light

It might be the hard drive (HDD) led activity light. Most motherboards have HDD led header pins so is there a HDD led cable from the front panel of your case that isn't connected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/red-light.204232/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!
Thanks

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as 127.0.0.1:nnn are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-flashing-with-nearly-no-processes-running.202265/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone, I need your help urgently!

I have sony Vaio laptop which has been working well. Recently its charger had a minor explosion and broke (it happened when I plug it in to the outlet as usual). So I replaced it with a new one. However, the light on the new charger was blinking whenever I plug it into the laptop and turned solid again when I unplug it.

Could you please help me fix this? All my assignments and works are in this laptop and I need it very soon.

Thank you

Ps. I have tried removing the battery and it still doesn't work. Also I won't be able to try another charger.

A:Sony Vaio Charger light blinking, won't turn on

I'm sorry to say but sounds to me like something got fried and that it might never start again. Even tho I can't say for sure without seeing the machine. Anyways, I would recommend to wait and see if some one else would have something smart to come up with on what and how to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-charger-light-blinking-wont-turn-on.201589/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm using windows 7 I'm connected to my Verizon router with a Netgear stick. I have it set up for WEP because that was the easiest to figure out. But neighbors are stealing my signal, and slowing me down.
How do I change from WEP to WPA? Simple instructions please Thanks

A:Changing from WEP to WPA

Do you have both, a device and a wireless access point that supports WPA? WPA2 is what you want for the best protection. Before you can setup WEP/WPA/WPA2, you must have both reciever and transmitter that supports the encryption.
Setup the encryption from within your wireless access point. It could be an independent access point or a combo unit such as a wireless router.
Connect the device that support the encryption of the wireless network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-wep-to-wpa.200956/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I installed a second Hard drive this weekend. And I want to create a new partition on the new hard drive, which will hold my boot files. So I want a partition of my second hard drive to be my main boot device. (Like 20gb)

Then I?m going to combine my first hard drive, and the remaining space left into 1 partition.

My Local disk has my Boot, Page file, and Crash dump. I want to move this to my new partition. (Second HD)

I tried moving the entire windows file in my local disk to the second hard drive, half way through it wouldn?t allow me to move all of the files.

How do I do this without re-installing windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-boot-drives.200248/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have an msi 4 beeps, short long 2 motherboard which I think uses AMI BIOS code and I accidently changed a setting on the BIOS menu and then it restarted and gave me short beeps along with a message that flashed kinda fast saying something along the lines of quot please insert usb flash disk with bios file quot CHECKING FOR USB DEVICE quot DEVICE NOT Found quot Afterwards I removed anything in the USB slots and tried but still got the same message I then read that some people solved the issue 4 short beeps, 2 long by removing the power cord and waiting before removing the CMOS I waited minutes to insure that the extra charge dissipated then 4 short beeps, 2 long removed it I waiting for about minutes before reinstalling it and now I got short beeps a pause and then long beeps I also have no image on the monitor I tried looking into the beeps but I couldn t find a description of this code I could find info for short and info for long but I m not sure what this means either I am not over clocking either It WAS running windows Motherboard gm E - fx GPU MSI Radeon HD CPU AMD FX A single TB Western Digital black HDD Any help would be much appreciated to solving this nbsp

A:4 short beeps, 2 long

Try to used your onboard video card.. pull out your external video card...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-short-beeps-2-long.199083/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello I have been given an HP s Computer so I don t know the history The PSU was dead so I hooked up a good Antec Power button light and Asus M2N68-la no dead? MoBo means beeps cooling fans work but that s all Have systematically removed all hardware connections to the board including the ram keyboard amp mouse leaving just the PSU connectors there is no sign of life no post or video signal it has never beeped at all Having read countless posts I have come to the conclusion that since there are no beeps the Motherboard needs replacing As the original power supply was dead perhaps it took something else with it Before changing the mobo I thought I d see if anyone has an alternative suggestion I did read that there is a known fault with this mobo Plenty of Asus M2N68-la MoBo no beeps means dead? folks have video problems but it should beep Asus M2N68-la MoBo no beeps means dead? or spin up the HDD The specs are standard for this HP off the shelf The asus M N -la MoBo is rev Dual core Athlon x GB Samsung DDR Hope someone has a suggestion thanks Tony nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n68-la-mobo-no-beeps-means-dead.197199/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys Excuse my lack of proper harddrive Problem WD with external case changing terminology I am new to these things Recently my gb WD external hard drive had the USB port connection on the hard drives circuit board break off So Problem with changing WD external harddrive case I went and bought a new case from my local computer shop I had originally taken my HD to see if they could solder the usb port thing back on to the circuit board but they said they don t do repairs So he looked at my HD and told me which case would be best for it I come home and follow his instructions and remove the circuit board from which the usb port fell off from which also supplied the power and connected to the SATA power port on the HD and put it in to the new housing When I connect it to my laptop it does not show up under My Computer However in my icon tray it shows a USB device has connected and it gives me the option of removing it safely I can hear the HD starting up when it gets plugged in but nothing else happens When I removed the HD from its new case and put the old circuit board bit back on and manually held the usb with the usb port connection on to the circuit board from where it came off from I am able to get it recognized by the computer and the WD software for the password prompt starts up So I know my HD is functioning I just cant get it to function in its new case Any help would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Problem with changing WD external harddrive case

Is the new case powered in the same way as the old case? If yes, I would return the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-changing-wd-external-harddrive-case.196556/
Relevancy 24.94%

The Z5771 does have a pcie slot for an external graphics card - how you get he case open I have not investigated but I was planning on buying a decent card for it. The only proviso seems to be it neds to be a low profile card.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

You will have to look the case over carefully to figure out how to open it. There are plenty of low-profile PCIe cards out there to choose from

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.196242/
Relevancy 28.38%

My mom gave me a Dell Dimension 4700 computer that was acting up. She said it would turn it's self off randomly and she thought it was a virus. When I brought the computer to my place, it powered on once, then I went to turn it on again and nothing. No lights, no power what so ever. So after doing some research I bought a new power supply for it. I just replaced the power supply and plugged the computer in and now there is a blinking amber light in the front and a solid green light on the motherboard but it won't turn on. I have checked all of the connections and they are properly seated. Any ideas what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changed-power-supply-now-getting-a-blinking-amber-light.195953/
Relevancy 21.07%

Greetings I have posted repeatedly over in the BSOD area on an issue I am having That s not why I am here I am thinking on going from a cached drive that I have now to a cached and a platter to drive SSD Changing a drive from an separate SSD and a platter drive Let me explain I currently have a gig SSD and Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive a Terrabyte Corsair HDD I Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive use the gig as a cache drive using Intels SRT I have no proof but I am leaning towards my little ssd as the cause of why I am having issues With that said bear with with me I wanted to get a new SSD and install Windows on it and or of my games on it and use the Terrabyte obviously for storage and non essential programs I currently have Win Pro on my Terrabyte drive Can I pull both drives out After decelerating it of course And put in a new Corsair Force SSD say gigs install windows my games and than reconnect the HDD which has windows on it All that text just for a simple question Also can I remove the Windows Folder or uninstall Windows on the Terrabyte drive or should I just leave it Thanks much nbsp

A:Changing from a cached drive to an SSD and a platter drive

Best way - pull the data from the drives, then format them. Put data back on.

But, yeah, your suggestion should work too. Just watch out for the duplicate MBR entries upon boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-from-a-cached-drive-to-an-ssd-and-a-platter-drive.195477/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

I have several Dell desktops (745, 755, GX260, T5500, Etc) all Win7 and Server 2008, that have factory hard drives; I want to make them removable drives. In the past

I have special ordered desktops with T-7 units from Dell.

Now, I need to make about 20 desktops removable drive desktops, any ideas, Dell says I can't really add a Dell sponsored caddy / cage.

My other issue is I have to add whole disk encryption to it, TrueCrypt is perfect.

I also have to add USB tape backup unit. Q: does anyone have an USB portable tape backup unit and encrypting the hard drive and tape?

Thanks

Mn19~

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-dell-desktops-to-removable-drives.195340/
Relevancy 34.4%

So hey people I m new here so I want to know what I need to buy so first things firs I workstation buy Want for 3d a and video to have dls second I almost use all the time adobe premiere after effects cinema d and some times zbrush Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d and maya in video I work from full hd to k and k so some times I do rendering for architecture also So thats what I have and the programs I use so I wanted to go and muy a workstation for this so some said BUY A INTEL and others BUY AMD and some said MAKE A NVIDIA MAXIMUS and I was like I LIKE THE FIREPRO W SO WHATS BETTER I was configuring this computer the other day the http www titanuscomputers com Titanus-A -Dual-AMD-Opteron-Seoul- -Series-p a htm With gb ram a w OPTERON cores or maybe cores thats on the main thing the other things are just accesories but is it really the best option or should I go for intel please I really need to know a real answer because I just want the render and transcoding video fast enough to make a good workflow so would like some help from you guys on this I have been reading a lot for this but hell Im not a computer genious I just want to render faster nbsp

A:Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d

I would not go for an Opteron processor as they are meant more for servers than desktops. For a build like this, you would either be looking at the AMD 8350 flagship or an Intel I7 4xxx.. The main difference is that Intel is faster on single-threaded tasks (that is the major difference), but AMD is ever so slightly faster on some multi-threaded tasks...

Would you be willing to build the computer yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-a-workstation-for-video-and-3d.195237/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bro ,
just seen your suggestion , really very help full.. also need your advise in building graphics workstation. we are advertising company.. I want to build a perfect graphics workstation for our our designers..
we use the following applications .

3d Software- 3d studio Max 2013
Render resolution- HD 1920
Adobe Master Collection 6
Adobe Design Collection 6 (illustrator-photoshop-indesign) ME
Maya
After Effect Package Plugin
Cinema 4D ?vision 14

all the above application we use to make exhibition stall designs..ect.
at present we are using intel xeon quad core - 3.2 Ghz with 6GB RAM .. ATI RADEON HD4780 1GB., we are using single monitor.. may be required Dual screen..

I was looking for HD Z820 and Z640 series... dual xeon with 8 core processor with 32GB RAM , Nvidia Quadro 4000 is costing huge amount...$ 10,000/- each

I know build customized will reduce the cost...I want about 5 workstations..

so please advise me best suitable computer spec... relable spec and recomanded graphics card.. my budged is $ 5000/-

A:Building graphics workstation

Is the $5000 per computer, or for all the computers put together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-graphics-workstation.194369/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a Gateway, model ID49C. I bought it new about 3 years ago but replaced its battery less than a year ago.

This phenomenon has been happening for more than a year: When I plug in my computer to charge, sometimes the front power light (orange when charging) and the light for the power button start flashing in unison and the computer stops receiving charge. It immediately stops when I unplug the computer. This only seems to happen when the computer is open -- I can still fully charge it overnight. Lately it's started to happen so often that my computer can barely charge at all from the number of times I have to unplug it.

Does anyone know what's going on, or where I could look to find more info? Thanks for your help!

A:Gateway: Power light flashes when charging

Try another AC adapter...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-power-light-flashes-when-charging.193876/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello everyone I m a new member but has been a longtime viewer of these forums and website I am posting to ask for your help w an extremely annoying problem I ve been having over the last days My Steelseries g keyboard locks beeps Steelseries 7g up keyboard and locks up and beeps at random times When it does so it seems as if the Ctrl key is being held down Otherwise there will simply be no input at all The keyboard is connected via PS If this is the problem would connecting the PS to USB adapter help I am currently scanning my computer with anti-malware programs and anti-virus Nothing found so far Below is a Hijackthis log if that would help My motherboard is the ASUS Sabertooth P Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v CHROME FIREFOX en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exe G DOCUMENTS MSI MSI Afterburner MSIAfterburner exe G PROGRAMS FRAPS fraps exe G PROGRAMS STEAM Steam exe G PROGRAMS VCAST Verizon V CAST Media Manager V CAST Backup Scheduler exe G DOCUMENTS MSI MSI Afterburner Bundle OSDServer RTSS exe G PROGRAMS Origin Origin exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCtrlCntr exe C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe G PROGRAMS OpenOffice program soffice exe G PROGRAMS OpenOffice program soffice bin C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcUxSys exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe Steelseries 7g keyboard locks up and beeps C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Steelseries 7g keyboard locks up and beeps Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe G PROGRAMS SWTOR Star Wars-The Old Republic swtor RetailClient swtor exe G PROGRAMS SWTOR Star Wars-The Old Republic swtor RetailClient swtor exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe G DOWNLOADS HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentV... Read more

A:Steelseries 7g keyboard locks up and beeps

Try seeing if the PS/2 to USB connector helps at all. I think it is a sticky key problem. Beeping usually occurs when a key is being overly held down. Try it with any key if you want to see what I am talking about (make sure no text boxes are selected). When the beeping begins, press the key again to make the key come up. How long ago did you purchase the keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steelseries-7g-keyboard-locks-up-and-beeps.192854/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm going to start classes soon to become a multimedia student and I need to get a laptop to use in class. Basically I will be doing things with animation and video editing, but I also would like to be able to run some games on it.

I don't need anything crazy powerful, just to get the job done and play some lower end graphic games like dota and some MMORPGs around medium settings.

What do you guys recommend I get, and how much should I spend? Right now I don't really feel like spending more than $500 on the laptop because also need to buy a nice camera as well, but that is a different thing.

Let me know what you guys think.

A:Need new laptop for Multimedia/light gaming

I think your best bet is to wait for the new Intel CPUs in early June. Your budget doesnt allow for much flexibility. I think you should look into this laptop if you cant wait: http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...A55DD593B265&menu-id=products&ref-id=products. I will play Dota at really low, but that is all you can get for $500.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-laptop-for-multimedia-light-gaming.192434/
Relevancy 31.82%

Initially when the problem started cpu gave no beep..however after a few attempts it booted well but after an hour monitor went blank with fans spinning..
After a day it sometimes gave no beep and if it did, monitor again went blank on xp loading screen..I somehow reinstalled win xp but problem continues..sometimes no beeps... sometimes boots up well but on opening the very first web page on any browser computer freezes and sometimes works fine...
specs:
p4 3.06 ghz
ram 1 gb
ati radeon xpress 200 integrated graphics

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-beeps-sometimes.192231/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All I am trying to Best Workstation Graphic buy a brand new Dell Workstation but I want to know what specifications are needed enough amp best for Best Graphic Workstation graphic please I need workstation for graphic designer who works on Adobe CS collection After Effect Maya Premier D Max for designing the promos and animations I have the following specifications of workstation amp want to know whether is it ok for graphic or not Processor Two Intel Xeon Processors E Best Graphic Workstation - Six Core GHz M GT s Turbo Operating System Windows Professional SP No Media -bit English Productivity Software Microsoft Office Trial MUI Energy Efficiency Option No Energy Star Memory GB DDR RDIMM Memory MHz ECC x GB DIMMs Graphics Dual NVIDIA Quadro NVS GB MON mDP GPU Computing None Multi Select Video Adapters Display Port to VGA Adapter Hard Drive Configuration C SATA Inch - Hard Drives Hard Drive RAID RAID PCIe Hard Drive Controller None Hard Drive Controller Integrated Intel Controller SATA Gb s RAID ports Boot Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive nd Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive I am waiting for a proper solution BR Fahim nbsp

A:Best Graphic Workstation

Well, having 2 Xeon E5s with a weak GPU and little RAM means the PC is aimed at computing tasks, not graphic design. Would you mind building your own machine? It allows for more customization is cheaper, and has a much wider range of options. I am also more familiar with building custom workstations rather than prebuilt (Dell, HP, etc.) workstations. Would you like to build your own or stick with Dell or HP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphic-workstation.191969/
Relevancy 33.97%

Good day to all!

Can a ZOTAC GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?
If so, can 2 VC run 4 52" LCDs?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Can a Zotac GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?

Well may I ask why you want a 650ti to be paired with a $2500 dual Xeon monster? Since you have a workstation, I am guessing you do Photoshop or Autocad. Plus what do you mean "VC"? Also, I dont think your TV has DVI inputs nor display ports, only HDMI. Unfortunately the 650Ti only has 1 HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-zotac-gtx-650-ti-run-on-hp-z820-workstation.191237/
Relevancy 25.37%

Brighthouse "insists" there is no way to change IP address! lol
There must be!! I go to "start" , Run....."command"
Type in "IPCONFIG/ALL
Brighthouse tells me, you have to wait 24 hrs until "lease expires".
Anyone know of a way to change IP on the fly??
Thanks

A:Changing IP address

turn the modem off and on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-ip-address.158964/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know how (if possible) to make it so that my laptop does not automatically change screen brightness when plugging in or unplugging.

You see, there is a brightness setting that is saved for plugged in and unplugged, and when you change between plugged in and unplugged it reverts the screen brightness to that saved level.

For example if you have it unplugged and you set the screen brightness to 100% then plug it in, it saves the unplugged screen brightness to 100%. Now when you're plugged in you change it to minimal brightness. Later when you unplug and leave the screen brightness will revert back to 100%.

I'd like to disable this automatic screen brightness change.
Thanks for reading.

A:Stop laptop from changing screen brightness when plugging in

Which OS are you on? Say you were on Windows 7 there is a setting to change the brightness, but some laptops don't work with these settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stop-laptop-from-changing-screen-brightness-when-plugging-in.190506/
Relevancy 29.67%

On my USB flashdrives, they have what I'm guessing is a LED that lights up when its plugged in. On my W7 when I click the safe to remove icon the light don't go out like it does on my XP. Is there a NON registry involved way to change it or am I stuck with it? TIA
Size & name brand don't matter.

A:USB flashdrive light on

Does the light stay solid on when it's plugged in? And it flashes when you're copying/reading stuff to it?

If yes, this is a 'power' and 'indicator' light in one. You can't turn the LED off unless you take apart the stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flashdrive-light-on.190143/
Relevancy 28.81%

It s been installed on my main desktop since I had it assembled - months ago no probs whatsoever The only quot issue quot is that the refill light remains flickering even though the level is constant and there are next to no air bubbles in the lines Also I ve consistently checked up on the system thoroughly to see if anything leaks and there are none So no leaks and no bubbles yet the refill light still blinks Any ways to turn the light off FYI I ve also topped off the level of coolant once the system had been running for awhile and some initial air bubbles had formed after the first time coolant was put into the system It s a nuisance really but there doesn t appear to be Thermaltake light 760 Bigwater refill any overt threat to the system or anything like that I have to wonder why the sensor keeps blinking if it shouldn t have any reason to Any input on this nbsp

A:Thermaltake Bigwater 760 refill light

Well your not the only one having this problem.

http://forum.thermaltake.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9013

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thermaltake-bigwater-760-refill-light.186659/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

As the title says, I wanna change my motherboard processor, and insert an SSD aswell while keeping the old harddrive.

Was wondering if I need to perfom a new reinstall on windows or if I can just transfer windows itself to the SSD and then just keep going. I was also wondering if my windows install will messup if I insert my new motherboard due to new BIOS.

Thanks

A:Changing motherboard and processor

Its always a good idea to fresh install when changing motherboards. A fresh install will minimize any issues that could arise from different hardware configurations. I've also heard that Windows setup detects an SSD and optimizes Windows for use with the SSD.

You should also keep in mind, an OEM license for Windows is not be transferable to a new motherboard. The motherboard is the one component that constitutes a new machine. OEM installs are bound to the motherboard they are activated on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-motherboard-and-processor.186545/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my graphics card, in my all in one pc Acer Aspire Z5771, the specs is exactly the same as this http://www.acer.com.au/ac/en/AU/content/model/PW.SHM02.008

Would you guys recommend which graphics card are suitable for my pc, one suitable for gaming.

A:Changing graphics card on an all-in-one PC

It's pretty much impossible to change graphics cards on AIO PC's, you can't just plug in a normal PCI-E desktop GPU. Unfortunately that's one of the downsides of buying them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-pc.184351/
Relevancy 24.94%

hey , I just bought an athlon proccesor with am3 socket, and a 4gb ddr3 ram. I installed them but the screen is blank when I power the computer. If I install the old 2gb ddr2 it works. What could be the problem?

A:Blank screen after changing CPU and RAM

Your motherboard is not compatible with ddr3 memory.? Did you check your motherboards specs before purchasing the memory and CPU? Post the make and model of your motherboard. This way someone help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-changing-cpu-and-ram.184081/
Relevancy 24.51%

But not sure my other hardware support the P S and G C that im going to change So this is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - Changing my supply graphics and card power DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Changing my graphics card and power supply Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Changing my graphics card and power supply Device DiskDriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II OpticalDriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK Then im about to change the power supply Changing my graphics card and power supply and G C SeaSonic S II Bronze W ATX V V EPS V V PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply SAPPHIRE - - G Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card OC Edition Im using these to play quot Diablo SC WoW Skyrim and etc and I need to set everything to the lowest to make the game run smoothly before But im getting tire of the graphic lol So im trying to find a graphic card which can perform really well quot Hopefully can play it with everything high XD but I think tats too much for the g c which im about to get nbsp

A:Changing my graphics card and power supply

Hey, so I took a quick look at your list. Your Motherboard does support one PCIe card, so you should be able to install the 6950 just fine.
my chief concern however, is that the 6950 is a very long card, and I'm worried it may not fit in your small dell case. So I'd take some measurements to see if it fits, before buying anything.
the installation of the PSU and GPU should be fine, I myself have done the exact same thing in my brother's dell (installed new PSU and GPU), and it has been working fine ever since.
Also If you have a few extra dollars, Id look into getting at least a 600W power supply, just to be safe, because the 6950 OC edition will suck quite a bit of power, and I'd rather have a bit more breathing room whereas 520W is cutting it a bit close. thats' up to you though, it should still run fine with your chosen PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-my-graphics-card-and-power-supply.183401/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am hoping you guys have some suggestions here, I have been looking at a pc which seems to be changing its resolution at random, it will work fine for a while and then the screen will go black for a few seconds and then come back with a changed resolution, it will then go black again and then revert back to the original resolution.
Its a Gigabyte AM3 mobo with AMD onboard graphics.
Thinking it might be a graphics issue I installed a Geforce 8400 GS PCI card which worked fine for a few weeks but now we have the graphics issues again. I am assuming that as it had the problen with 2 different graphics chips, one onboard and one on the PCI card that its unlikely to be a graphics issue.
Could it be an issue with the monitor which is a 17" Dell TFT?

A:Video issues with changing resolution

What have you done regarding graphics drivers? Have you tried to install the latest that is appropriate for each card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issues-with-changing-resolution.170717/
Relevancy 25.37%

Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792 w/ XP & P4 has greenpower chord is lit and yellow battery light is flashing when power chord is plugged in. After I press the power button, the power chord light changes to yellow, begins flashing and the battery light goes out. Removing the battery gives the same results. Pressing and holding power button down for 20 seconds w/ battery out yields same result as well. Suggestions?

A:A25-S2792 doesn't power up yellow light flashes after pressing power button

The motherboard is bad. Have you tried reseating the memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a25-s2792-doesnt-power-up-yellow-light-flashes-after-pressing-power-button.158750/
Relevancy 29.24%

hi all got advent 7204 I was told it has faulty screen but also its got no harddrive or ram in it I put ram in it but still only the green power light comes on for a second or 2 I head I think its the disc drive like its loading then nothing no fan on nothing. also the battery light flashes orange but could that be coz im not using the right made charger for it at moment as I dont have that. is motherboard dead or what else can I try (thanks)

A:ADVENT7204 power light on but nothing

hi can anyone help pleaseeee

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advent7204-power-light-on-but-nothing.181779/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

A:CPU upgrade for workstation

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-for-workstation.180338/
Relevancy 30.1%

Following instructions I opened and cleaned the interior electronics after it developed overheating problems that would result in it powering down. Following reassembly the computer will eventually restart but only after failing bootup at leastg two times. At initial startup or boot from hibernation the computer does not appear to reach boot source but emits a series of beeps, first 1 beep, then 3 beeps, another three beeps, and finally 1 beep. These are all about 1 second long and seperated by 1 second. Pressing and holding the start button again sometimes resuls in a full repeat of the above or the computer emits the series of 1single beats, 4 beats, one second long and one second seperation. Eventually pressing and holding he power button will evenually result in hearing the computer attempt to boot from the CD ROM (which is second on the list after the Internal HDD). Any help would be appreciated.

A:Satellite M105 bootup problem -- series of 1 second beeps

There is a very good explanation of "Beep Codes" here:-
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html
Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/satellite-m105-bootup-problem-series-of-1-second-beeps.179467/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, my friend is looking for a 14" - 15" sized notebook, but as light as possible, with decent battery life.

She's basically going to just use it for office work and browsing/email etc..., so nothing hardware intensive is required, however, a stronger processor would really help her out for picture viewing and minor editing. If it's not too much of a compromise, a strong processor would be preferable.

Also, an SSD would also be preferable, though I think she may also need some space for pictures and files. So, SSD if possible. Maybe a Seagate momentus could be a nice choice.

Other than that, the video card requirements are basically nil. Lightness is a key factor; throw me whatever you've got regardless of price since budget is not fixed, but will most likely stay at or under $1000.

Thanks everyone!

A:Light, affordable budget laptop

Most ultrabooks out there tick the boxes, although your friend may need to get an external hard drive as 128GB SSDs fill up real fast.

A few suggestions:
- Asus UX31E
- Acer Aspire S3
- Samsung Series 5
- Toshiba Portege Z835

Lightness comes at a pretty hefty premium, you can get much better specs for lower prices if you're willing to accept normal thickness laptops.

p.s. as Ivy Bridge is just a few months away I would wait for IB ultrabooks to hit the market, maybe that will kickstart the ultrabook movement and reduce prices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-affordable-budget-laptop.178928/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi everyone,
I need some help. I went to use my acer laptop yesterday after not using it for about 4-6 months and it won't turn on. I charged it and the indicator light says its fully charged but it still doesnt come on even if it is plugged in. I honestly don't think it is fully charged because the light turned blue after being plugged in only 1 hour. Do you have any suggestions that could help me?

A:My laptop won't turn on even though the light indicates its fully charged

Remove the battery and try turning on the laptop using only the AC adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-even-though-the-light-indicates-its-fully-charged.177176/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, my gateway laptop has recently starting to get 8 beeps. The pattern for these beeps are 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps. Some googling points to a possible hardware or bios issue. The problem is i cannot find a solution and i cannot send my laptop to gateway because i need this laptop for school. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

A:Gateway 8 beeps BIOS/hardware problem?

Beep Codes
As you suspect, not good news to have a beep notice of failure? but you have to talk to Gateway tech support, if you can find them. Often it is a partial system board failure caused by overheating or curling of the board. This may or may not be helpful here. We have well over 277 beep codes in the our tech lab database.

As you probably know, every time a computer is switched on it performs a short diagnostic routine known as the POST, or Power On Self Test. The POST is a small program contained in the BIOS. It checks that basic hardware is present and performs a rudimentary memory test. The POST announces the results of its routine both audibly (a series of beeps on the PC speaker) and visually (displaying a brief summary or codes on the screen).

The audible method is essential since a fault may exist with the graphics card or monitor. If all is well, the computer typically emits a single beep and carries on booting. The number and duration of the beeps is intended as a coded message and understanding them will allow you to diagnose any problems the computer may have.

The codes vary according to the manufacturer of the BIOS and the build year of the computer.. Here are some of the more common codes for two beeps we have on our list. Unfortunately, not of them are specifically listed for a Gateway laptop.: To save space they are grouped together. Remember it all depends on the BIOS and the build. Each line is a separate code, and may be from any manufacturer... I give them here as examples.

two short Parity circuit failure
two short Any non-fatal error
two short = Configuration Error (displayed on screen)
repeating two short Power Supply or System Board failure
continuous twos Supply or System Board / Keyboard stuck
one long, one short System Board failure that is preventing full normal operation
one, two, two DMA Initialization failure
one, two, three DMA Page Register Read/Write failure
two (followed by various combinations)
(First 64K RAM Chip/Data Line failure (combinations
indicate which bit)
two or four Unexpected Interrupt in Protected Mode
(tone) one, one or two System Board

For even more beep codes, take a look HERE.

Good luck.

You might want to have a first class tech take a look...

If it is a Gateway M6750 model, it could mean the motherboard is going, and it will go soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-8-beeps-bios-hardware-problem.175957/
Relevancy 24.94%

I own a ACER Aspire model 5552-3680, but its time to replace the battery on it. I was simply wondering if replacing a battery on a computer removes my files saved on it as well? Just confirming, because I really doubt it. Usually files are saved on RAM, and I'm only replacing the battery. Thanks ahead of time!

A:Worries about changing batteries

Not sure whether you're replacing the rechargeable or the coin battery, either way, save your files then shutdown your computer properly and proceed w/ the change-out. You won't lose anything.

If you're replacing the coin battery, BIOS setting might revert back to the default factory setting. So you'll want to check on that. It's been a while since I've had to replace the coin battery, don't recall what happened at the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worries-about-changing-batteries.174513/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-no-lights-but-green-light-on-power-supply-blinks-rapidly.174252/
Relevancy 24.08%

There was a previous thread on this, but none which I found pertaining to Windows 7.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to do this?

Possibly without having to use the Win7 installation CD...

A:Changing hard drives from IDE to SATA With a RAID configuration in Windows 7

Can you supply us with the full scenario please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-hard-drives-from-ide-to-sata-with-a-raid-configuration-in-windows-7.172531/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi
I just moved my system (Asus M2N sli deluxe) to a new Antec computer case, and installed a large Noctua heat sink. Still using the same video card (Asus en7200gs). when I tried to boot up I got the error code. Makes sense b/c I don't get any video. I tried re-seating the video card and tried a different slot. No luck.

I just ordered a new video card to try out (I could use the HDMI upgrade anyways), but I have doubts that will fix it based on other inconclusive threads I have read.

What else could the problem be? Could it be the new CPU heatsink? Maybe the motherboard is bowed? Anything else I can try?

A:Award BIOS - 1 long, 2 short beeps - video error

Just try the new video card when it comes in. The beeping may mean that the motherboard is okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/award-bios-1-long-2-short-beeps-video-error.172328/
Relevancy 29.24%

I mean the small light which is on where your HDD is being used on laptops, how this can happen on desktop computers?? Need to buy something special to show it? Also when I replace my laptop HDD to an SSD will that light work with the SSD?
Thanks

A:HDD usage light on desktop?

Yes most desktops will have the hdd indicator light. It usually has a small icon of a disc next to it. If the light is there but does not light than more than likely the connector has come off of the main board. There is also software to do this (free).. Just google it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-usage-light-on-desktop.171482/
Relevancy 28.81%

My Dell A940 is printing really light and patchy. Tried re-positioning the encoder strip and turning it upside down but to no avail... Have not found anything useful at dell.com. Anyone got a suggestion? Thanks

A:Dell A490 printer printing too light

Have you checked your cartridge ink levels?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-a490-printer-printing-too-light.170987/
Relevancy 24.51%

I just recently had to upgrade to a 880gm-ud2h motherboard after my old one died (an older model, also updated the RAM and Processor, but not the hard drives or video card) but now that I've done all this, something has messed up with Windows.
Whenever I start the computer, windows will seem to start normally, then a BSOD will flash for less than a second before the computer reboots and demands that I run the System Repair thing for Windows. After running this three times without effect, I decided that I was better off installing a new OS (I lost my repair disk), and created a USB bootable for Ubuntu.
However, with this USB boot drive plugged in, hitting F12 during boot up brings up the BIOS boot order as normal, but no matter which option I choose nothing changes.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

A:Boot order of BIOS isn't changing

Well for some reason it finally decided to work, but now the computer won't go past a black screen that says "Loading Operating System..." and it sat there for about fifteen, twenty minutes,.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-order-of-bios-isnt-changing.170680/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a 2009 windows vista, I am having a problem getting my cd-rom to work, my light does not come on at start up

A:CD-ROM door does not light up and will not open

Desktop computer I presume? Take the side off and make sure the power cable is seated properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-door-does-not-light-up-and-will-not-open.170370/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all Thanks changing HDD Unable to after start in advance for everyone s help My computer have been plague with various problems in the last week No suddenly my main HDD was fried when computer starts POST can detect all my other HDDs Unable to start after changing HDD but not my main one I got this replaced with a new one both SATAs Unable to start after changing HDD After replacing the HDD i powered on my computer only to see that all of my HDDs are detected but the POST msg shows that my BIOS Clock is resetted and i need to either re configure or reset to default i chose to reconfigure went in BIOS before i can change anything computer hang i power off and on and then is unable to get the computer started Now when i press on my power switch the fans moves for a second and stops if i hold on to the power button the fans moves in intervals just like you are rev-ing a car vroom pause vroom pause vroom pause Things i tired removing all of my cards including Gfx card sound card and on same problem removing all ram and reseat them same problem removing CPU and on same problem reseat all cables and remove all sata cables same problem starting the computer using jumping the system using the pins instead of power button same problem Green light is still on when the PSU is plugged in to the board My guess is that not only my HDD was fried maybe the PSU or the Motherboard also died Anyone have any suggestions on what other steps i can take before taking it to a repair shop for diagnostic test Specs AMD Gigabyte board PSU watt true power x gb kingston ram nbsp

A:Unable to start after changing HDD

Nothing shows on the monitor at all? If so, try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-start-after-changing-hdd.169768/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi guys, i need help with my External Hard Disk. i plug it into the computer and it light up, and then the safely remove icon also show up, but it not popping up anything and when i put it close to my ear, the fan inside does not seem to spin. what can i do?

A:WD have light, but fan inside not spinning

Unless it is a really large enclosure, it probably doesn't have a fan. What you thought was a fan is probably just the disk itself spinning. Although that doesn't really solve your problem, it does point that its not getting powered properly.

Something in the circuit board taking power from the wall/computer to the drive may be messed up. Is this a physically big drive that gets its own power from the wall? Or is it a small drive that just plugs into USB?

If its a big drive, you could open it up and put the drive in your computer (if your computer is a desktop). If its a small, you can still probably get the drive out, but it won't work without adapters in your desktop. If you have a laptop.. Then you have fewer options.

tl;dr - sounds like your enclosure's board might have died.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-have-light-but-fan-inside-not-spinning.169346/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hy there.

I have jack headphones and sometimes when I wanna listen to the computer when i'm connecting headphones the sound is a surrounding one. Can I change the properties of it?
I mention I inserted them in the keyboard slot, but if I insert them to the PC the sound is good.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Changing jack headset properties

You mentioned you plugged the headphones into your keyboard. Could you provide the details of your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-jack-headset-properties.169190/
Relevancy 33.11%

SIGGRAPH -the geeks Christmas.
Engadget's short but very sweet video of an HP Z800 workstation equipped with a couple of Fusion-io drives, and an Nvidia QuadroPlex 7000 GPU system.

Four monitors, twelve simultaneous uncompressed 1080p video streams...read 'em and weep Eyefinity and 3D Surround junkies

Engadget article and video >>here<<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12-simultaneous-1080p-video-streams-from-one-workstation.169097/
Relevancy 24.94%

So right now I got the geforce 7950 GX2 on my temp system. Its a dell desktop forgot the model number. After I bild my new rig I'm going to sell the temp comp for maybe 200 to 300 bucks. The video card in it is dying and I need to change it. Don't want to spend a fortune on it since I'm getting rid of it soon.

Any suggestions on a decent video cards so I can play a few games on it till build my new system??

A:Changing video card

ATI 5570/5670 maybe? What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-video-card.168975/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am an Animation Graphics Student I am working on my first build Programs I use Maya DS Max Adobe Suite Corel Painter etc I also game a bit and used to play WoW hardcore when I still had a computer I was burglarized So I need build workstation hybrid Gaming/graphics a build that will be awesome for d graphics but won t sacrifice game play I am already over my budget and I need some advice I ve got builds One is a Combo deal and the other I spliced together The motherboard in the combo deal is quite better as far as I can tell I m going to post Build first then Build It won t let me post a link to my build yet unfortunately Newegg com - Computers Computer Parts and Electronics My Wish List Details Build Qty Image Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build A-D H-B Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Model GA-Z A-D H-B Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit - OEM Model GFC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return Policy In Stock Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor - Retail Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor Model ET VG HP A Item N E Return Policy Monitor Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB - OEM Model SH- AB Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Model Lanboy air Blue Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate - - - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Model -P - -KR Item N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Model CMPSU- TX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - - Instant Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Model BX I K Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model OCZSSD - AGTE G Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock - Instant G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL Model F - CL D- GBRL Item N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return Policy In Stock Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Model WD FAEX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Model RR-B - P-G Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Subtotal nbsp

A:Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build

Looks OK, but I'd change the case to a Coolermaster HAF912 (if you don't want full tower, or HAF X, or a HAF932, all of which are cheaper than your current Antec LanBoy, so will save money. The HAF912 is only $49.99 after the mail in rebate (or $10 more without) which is frankly a huge saving on that Antec.

I'd also change your hard disk to a 1TB samsung Spinpoint F3, or if purely for storage needs, upgrade to a 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4. You could actually run 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3's (in RAID) for the same money as your single 1.5TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-graphics-workstation-hybrid-build.168889/
Relevancy 27.95%

So i decided to build a new computer and i got everything connected, hit the power button and the computer wont power up. I have made sure all the power cables are connected well but nothing.

using a intel dp55wg mobo
intel i5 processor
coolermaster gx-750w power supply
xion axp 100 series case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-on-motherboard-and-front-panel-of-case-but-doesnt-turn-on.168774/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a an HP laptop DV cl laptop I upgraded the processor from the factory ghz processor Intel L to a ghz processor Intel T I believe I did the installation correctly and without damaging any of the hardware I could HP Two laptop after beeps upgrade be wrong but would appreciate comments about other possible problems read not jumping to the conclusion that I am screwed I am almost positive that BIOS is pheonix Two beeps after HP laptop upgrade and I upgraded it to the most recent version before installing the new hardware Two beeps after HP laptop upgrade After the installation the computer will not boot I can still access the bios and it recognizes that it has the new cpu it correctly identifies it When I start the computer it beeps times and then goes to a screen that says press F to resume F to setup The LED on the computer s bottom left for power also Two beeps after HP laptop upgrade beeps continuously at a regular interval It will not start without power despite the battery being new days old Pressing F leads to the computer to try to start windows where it comes to a blue screen that says something about hardware at the top It restarts before I have a chance to read it Pressin F takes me to the bios options One last note I have tried to have it boot from a USB drive but when the windows screen comes up it says loads the software then freezes on the windows screen I d appreciate any help Thanks Jack nbsp

A:Two beeps after HP laptop upgrade

The first question I have to ask is how do you know the CPU is supported by that laptop BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-beeps-after-hp-laptop-upgrade.168471/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVDRW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 33.97%

I need to build a PC for this upcoming fall semester We have been given guidelines to follow by the school but they are very open-ended and could use some assistance The pc will be running programs such as Rhinoceros Autocad DS Max Adobe CS etc I was hoping to keep the price range of this computer between - Students entering th year Architecture will begin rendering and using other 3D new Building workstation a modeling resource intensive applications The college requires the purchase of a high-end desktop computer Many students choose to have these systems custom built to better fit their needs Example minimum specs for Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive DVD RW Drive Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least - GB memory Wireless Network Adapter Windows Home Premium -bit www kent edu CAED about computing archcomputer cfm Click to expand I need assistance in the bold areas There just seem to be so many things to choose from I don t know where to begin Thank you in advance Hayden nbsp

A:Building a new 3D modeling workstation

haha

check out my post today

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic168043.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-3d-modeling-workstation.168044/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have just tried to update the Bios on aa Acer aspire one zg5 after several attempts all I get now is a brief orange flicker from the charge led previously the unit worked fine on the mains adaptor. Have I damaged the internal power card by turning it of and on to much during this proccess? If so is it possible to get a replacement card?

A:Acer One ZG5 dead, only brief flicker on charge light when main adapter plugged in

Hi Gmeorge :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-one-zg5-dead-only-brief-flicker-on-charge-light-when-main-adapter-plugged-in.168083/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 43.43%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 30.96%

I get constant long (about 8 seconds) loud beeping noise one out of 2 times i turn on my comp.. and i would be really thankful if someone would point me in the right direction.. one out of 2 times i turn on my comp.. it starts beeping.. after i restart it a couple of times, windows starts up and works normally without any problem.I checked the Complete Bios BEEP guide but i didnt really find anything for my situation.. I have a custom built comp.. XFX nForce 790i ultra sli motherboard with Core2Duo Processor (3.16ghz), 6 gb of ram, (3x 2gb, there r 4 slots for ram.. so 3 out of 4 are filled) , 750w power supply, GTX470 vid card..

A:Constant long, loud beeps?

When did this problem start? had you changed anything before it started to happen? What is the age of the system?

Check all external and internal connections, remove all cards including the Memory and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser (up and down the contacts not from side to side) and reseat the cards. Test.

You could also try a start up with just one memory stick installed, then swap so you test with one stick at a time. Also try with just one memory stick per channel.

What is the make of your bios? you will see the name at the top of the screen during post. Please also state your OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-long-loud-beeps.163958/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi So I m helping my friend build his PC and we ve got everything assembled correctly at least we think we do Only thing that is missing is a dvd-drive which will arrive this week but we figured that it wouldn t be needed to only boot the system into BIOS When we pressed the power button for the first time the system did not boot and the motherboard Asrock p pro gave us a handy quot Dr Debug quot message We had no clue what it meant so we googled it We found a huge thread somewhere with someone saying that if you left only one stick of RAM in in the farthest most slot from the CPU it would boot just fine Only it didn t and instead gave us the debug code and still without visual input We only got error if we put in one or both sticks in the WHITE slots and the white slots only beeps, fans of visual, long no series Continuous triple spinning If we put any ram in any blue slot Continuous series of triple long beeps, no visual, fans spinning We just got the error again We tried removing the ram but that just gave us the missing ram POST triple beep code In short Dual-channeled RAM in the blue slots Dr Debug code Single stick of RAM in any blue slot Same story Single or both sticks in any or both white slots Dr Debug code No RAM Regular no RAM triple error beeps We have no idea what to do next and would appreciate some help Marty nbsp

A:Continuous series of triple long beeps, no visual, fans spinning

How certain are you that the RAM is compatible with the motherboard? What brand and model RAM are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/continuous-series-of-triple-long-beeps-no-visual-fans-spinning.167045/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am upgrading my computer which I use for Video editing Music production gaming and extreme multi-tasking After thorough research here is my shortlist CPU Intel Core i k GHz Socket MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor RAM Corsair Vengeance GB upgrade for your Shortlist thoughts? - PC workstation x Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GB DDDR Mhz Memory Module CL V MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Socket onboard Channel Audio ATX Motherboard SSD DRIVE Crucial GB quot M SSD SATA-III Gb s - Read MB s Write MB s I am upgrading from Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GA-EP -DS R Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case I will continue to use with the new build Do you have any suggestions for improvement I hope to order this week I am happy to buy from any reliable Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? website including ebay sellers my preferred websites are ebuyer and amazon Thank you in advance for any suggestions they will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts?

It's not necessary to start two threads.
4.5 ghz should be fine.
You might need a new mounting brace for your fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shortlist-for-workstation-pc-upgrade-your-thoughts.166759/
Relevancy 33.11%

Budget Range while being workstation 1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin 1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V 32.99 x4 - 131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V 151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS 209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am in a very bad situation here, my USB which has all my work in for University seems to be faulty. When I connect my SanDisk USB, it shows the orange light for one second then that is it. It's suppose to show all the time... I tried different computers but problem persists

I am extremely worried.. can this be rectified at all?

A:Does my USB have life? Light shows only for a second

The Sandisk is most likely bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-my-usb-have-life-light-shows-only-for-a-second.165903/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use my TI-82 grapics calculator quite a lot (usually for programming), and I'm aving a problem with the variables, primarily the "Y" variable. When I put a store command for a real variable in a program, the calculator stores "0" to it no matter what. The problem usually occurs during the first 30 seconds of program execution. I try entering the command several times, and it still doesn't work right. What I'm mainly worried about is the fact that it hasn't done this when I first bought it.

Will it get worse?
Can I do anything to fix it?
Does this indicate a serious problem elsewhere?

A:Variables not changing in program on TI-82

i doubt that this is the right section for this but anyway... try contacting the manufacturer and see if they can help you or google

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/variables-not-changing-in-program-on-ti-82.165778/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys I m planning on purchasing a workstation soon but i need advice from experts on how many memory ram should i be looking at I will be buying from OEM such as DELL or HP according to their workstation series there are models which can be upgraded to GB GB GB GB Running on Windows Pro -bit OS Programs that i will be using consist of DS Solidworks Autocad Autodesk Ds Max Inventor Adobe Creative Suite perhaps Bunkspeed or other rendering programs not to forget MS Office As this is the first time i will memory Workstation's be buying a workstation i need feedback or advice from people who s doing the same task and perhaps running Workstation's memory programs of such I m looking to optimize the performance of my workflow in reality do i need GB of rams The task i will be doing is designing Products interior space D modeling Rendering Please advice Workstation's memory me Thank you very much for your help nbsp

A:Workstation's memory

16-24 GB will probably be enough, but it really comes down to the size of your models and how much multitasking with these apps you will be doing. Take a look at your current memory usage on your current rig by watching Taskman to get an idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstations-memory.165970/
Relevancy 28.81%

The HP Deskjet 5150 printer will not turn off.
The status display is always on.
I have removed the ink cartridges (one is new) and problem is still there.
I have recycled power on the printer and the laptop.
I have tried to use HPPDU to check it but that wont connect either.
Any ideas?

A:HP 5150 printer will not turn off. Status light is also on

The internal logic or power supply may have gone bad. Time for a new printer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-5150-printer-will-not-turn-off-status-light-is-also-on.162719/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have been fighting with these stupid HP dv amp and v fixed HP/Compaq I orange problem light wireless Compaq model laptops for some time now I ve figured out how to I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem bring the board back to life but I have just not had much luck with the wireless orange light issue until now I m not sure if this fix is for everyone obviously However if your wireless issue is hardware related and you know your I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem wifi card is good I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem I suggest you try this method at least once and maybe save yourself a motherboard order What you need -Everest Ultimate or any software that can stress your cpu -That s it this fix is all software controlled What I did -Opened Everest -Choose to stress CPU only with stability test in tools -Covered vent in front of heatsink to inhibit heat transfer -Waited till the CPU hit C Wireless Works and the Orange Light is now Blue again I hope this works for others I know I have had about enough of these HP Compaq Laptop MoBo problems ---------------------------------- Update ---------------------------------- -THIS ACTION IS NOT RECOMMENDED EXCEPT FOR A LAST RESORT DO NOT ATTEMPT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO POTENTIALLY CAUSE ADDITIONAL DAMAGE -TechSpot is not responsible for any damage caused -This fix has worked for DV amp V laptops -Wireless may go back out after one or more system restarts or never again go back out If so just repeat these steps at your own risk -Length of stress test may be short and it may be to minutes or more -Recommend GPU Heat Sink fix to the motherboard prior to this method nbsp

A:I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem

This sounds more like an internal power problem, from an ageing motherboard. Your findings and your "cure" may just be a coincidence. If you can bring the WiFi back to life even for a short time... this IS a good thing indeed .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-fixed-orange-light-hp-compaq-wireless-problem.130484/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all Just bought my new HIS and received it today However i have decovered a small problem with it If i turn the computer off and leave it off for awhile then turn it back on I get nothing on the screen There is a red light on the video card just underneath the cooler that lights up red and the fan spins at However if i turn the computer off then back on again the card works without a problem and runs games perfectly light red on on speed power HIS fan and - 100% 5770 Why would the card be doing this Is their an issue with these cards that i dont know about I tried searching google and got nothing My specs Gigabyte GA- GPA-UD H motherboard Phenom II x HIS 5770 - red light and 100% fan speed on power on CPU Corsair HX W Power Supply Kingston HyperX gb ddr ram Any help would be very greatly appreciated Thanks Nathan Edit There are no artefacts no discolouration no strange things on the screen or anything After the second power up the card works exactly the way it should nbsp

A:HIS 5770 - red light and 100% fan speed on power on

Ok guys. I think i may have fixed the problem. All i did was push power connections on the card and power supply in a little harder, wiggled them around and wiggled the card around in the slot.

I have done multiple shutdowns since i did that and everytime i power te system up, it comes on first time. I will post again if the problem reappears though.

In the meantime though, i have one more question. In about 2 weeks, i plan to get another 5770 and run them in crossfire. My question is, do i have to reinstall the video card drivers when i install the second card? (i have the latest 11.2 now), Or can i just pop the second card in, connect the crossfire bridge, enable crossfire in the CCC and itll work fine?

Sorry for the dumb question, its just this is my first time using a multi GPU setup.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/his-5770-red-light-and-100-fan-speed-on-power-on.163058/
Relevancy 28.81%

I currently have this monitor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk wb It doesn t say what the backlight is is light for looking replacement Monitor dark, too but I m pretty sure it is a CCFL My monitor is too dark I replaced a quot monitor with a cd m that was brighter than this and it is listed as cd m When I got the monitor I needed a replacement and didn t bother sending it back Now it is too late for that I would like to know if I can replace the back light If so where can I get one I ve done a fair bit of googling and have not found anything I don t really know how to search for this kind of thing I would like to note that I very much enjoy this monitor and the pros out weight the cons by an order of magnitude I Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light would Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light buy this monitor again even if it really is dark It has NO DITHERING even with very close shades over a large area The ms response time isn t noticeable I think that this is measured in a full black-to-white instead of the more popular gtg anyway any help is much appreciated even if the answer is quot no that s not possible quot nbsp

A:Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light

Although it's not something I've ever attempted myself it looks as though it can be done. Found this link as a possible source for the lamp itself and it appears there is a link for instructions. Didn't track it to your specific monitor and don't know if these guys are reliable but maybe it's a good place to start.

http://www.lcdparts.net/adword/nettCCFL.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-is-too-dark-looking-for-replacement-light.162844/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi i went to my pc this morning and the monitor light just keeps flashing blue ive turned the power all off and restarted several times but still no display and still blue flashing light i did clean the dust out of my pc a week ago all worked fine after im really at a loss of wat to try anyone there that might be able to suggest wat i do i was thinking of sending my pc monitor to be repaired but i worried they will say all sorts of things are wrong when it might be something simple its not under warranty anymore many My monitor flashing blue display light, a LG no has thanks helen just tried turning pc after disconnecting my monitor lead and my pc is now making a rather loud whirling noise i My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display plugged the lead back in and isstill flashing blue and pc isstill now making the whirlinf sound its my monitor not pc ive tried a different monitor and my pc works fine on it any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed nbsp My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

A:My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

lg monitor

helen36 said:

any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed?Click to expand...

Assuming that the monitor in question is a LCD ?
You could hold a torch up close to the screen and if you can see the normal screen (the one that's there normally there when your computer boots) then the problem is the back-light for the screen -may be repairable.

helen36 said:

the monitor light just keeps flashing blueClick to expand...

However you might also find on the monitor manufacturers site a list of "Blink-codes" which will be interpretative in much the same way as Morse Code. And this may have implications to what is actually wrong internally with the unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-lg-monitor-has-a-flashing-blue-light-no-display.162725/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i m choosing between what kind types of Solid State Drive to be configure in my new mobile workstation The problem is i m not so familiar with SSDs and computer s hardware So i hope mobile between workstation types SSDs for Choosing of that i could get some help out of this thread on Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation the differences and the ideal choice of Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation SSDs for my mobile workstation Or should i just go for a normal HDD I will basically run Autodesk program ranging from Autocad Inventor Ds Max then Solidworks Bunkspeed amp Adobe programs These are the options provided by Dell Precision M and i wonder what brand do they uses for SSDs i feel safer to go with Intel but i really don t know GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Included in Price GB RPM SATA Hard Drive add cheapest GB Full Minicard Solid State Drive add cheap GB Mobility Solid State Drive add moderate GB Solid State Hard Drive add super high price HP Elitebook w GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB Solid State Hard Drive GB RPM SED SATA HARD DRIVE Thank you nbsp

A:Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation

it looks like they use Samsung FlashSSD drives.
http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...mobile_hdd&~lt=popup&~series=precn&~tab=other

they are not to bad actually and far better then i would have expected from Dell.
the Samsung FlashSSD on the website has pretty decent specs but i am not sure if that is the exact same drive with same specs.
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/...Brand_Flash+Drive+-+General_Samsung+flash+ssd

edit: in any case you probably would fair better with an aftermarket drive like the ocz vertex 2 or the corsair force but then you would probably not have dell's recovery partition on it etc. unless you clone it.

if you would do that you could either save by not getting a hdd altogether from dell or use the 7200rpm that it comes with as storage drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-between-types-of-ssds-for-mobile-workstation.160491/
Relevancy 24.51%

How do I change the shortcut key (Ctrl+Alt+S) for HPSysInfo.exe or even disable it As when I am in curtain program and use that shortcut the HP Support Information dialog box comes up.

David Lambie

A:Disabling or changing shortcut to annoying HPSysInfo.exe

Go to add/remove programs in the control panel and delete all HP related stuff except the HP device driver itself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-or-changing-shortcut-to-annoying-hpsysinfo-exe.160251/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my first post and I want to begin by saying that I am not very tech savvy although I am the default computer quot expert quot yikes causes working stop IP to changing on its address printer own in our house as my husband has never used a computer The problem I am having is that IP addresses within our wireless network are changing on their own quite frequently This causes the network printer to stop working Interestingly sometimes the IP addresses switch ie the IP address for my laptop changes to the IP address that the printer had last week etc I know this to be true because I have a quot cheat sheet quot of steps I follow from Brother our printer IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working manufacturer which includes the steps of obtaining the IP address for the computers and the printer on the network and then pinging the printer I have recorded the IP address on that sheet for each computer and printer IP address and I am constantly having to cross them out and change them Is this frequent IP address change normal Is there a way to establish permanent IP addresses If not or if that isn t desirable is there some way to stop the constant effects it has on the network printer Thank you for your help with this issue nbsp

A:IP address changing on its own causes printer to stop working

Yes this can be resolved two ways
Address reservation and Static IP address assignment.

The former is much easier but I need the make/model number of your router to give HOW-TO details - - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-address-changing-on-its-own-causes-printer-to-stop-working.159437/
Relevancy 28.81%

I just finished putting together a new computer, and after trying for several hours, I can not get a display. I've confirmed it's not the graphic card (had it tested it another PC). All the LEDs on the case light up and all the fans spin when I turn it on, but no display. Interestingly enough, a red light comes on instead of a green light on the front of the case.

Computer Specs:
NZXT Apollo Case
i7-860 Quad Core @ 2.8Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB) Video Card
OCZ StealthXStream 700W Power Supply
G.Skillz Ripjaws Memory (Dual 2GB x 2)
Asus P7P55-M Motherboard
1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive (7200RPM)

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Red light on NXZT Apollo - no display

Make sure everything is properly seated. Pay close attention to the memory and verify that is set in the proper slots for your configuration and make sure it's seated properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/red-light-on-nxzt-apollo-no-display.150003/
Relevancy 27.95%

How does the hard drive communicate with the red led light? I think i just have a bad bulb because there are no indications that the hard drive is failing. chdsk found no problems Don't' tell me to flash my bios or any other nonsense. Only reply if you know what ur taking about. So don't waste my time

A:Hard drive light solid red. There are no indications of a hardware malfunction

have you tried turning the hdd led connector plug around on the motherboard its proberbly got the plus and minus on the wrong pins which is making the LED solid and not flash

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-solid-red-there-are-no-indications-of-a-hardware-malfunction.153327/
Relevancy 27.95%

hp media center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in. will not go on. anyone know what this means?

A:HP Media Center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me.

Have you tried removing the battery completely, and then running it off of the mains lead only?

EDIT: I see google lists this as a PC, so the above doesn't apply.

Usually on a PC the blinking light is an indication that the computer is in sleep mode. If it won't power up, try removing the power cable, and then hit the power button (to discharge electrics) and then reconnect, and try powering it up then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-media-center-m1000-steady-blinking-light-when-plugged-in.158782/
Relevancy 29.67%

Okay I ve beckoned for some help once again Okay this time I m not looking for a computer for myself I m actually building one for my litter sister she s She plays mostly Light gaming rig a game called Wolf Team http wolfteam aeriagames com overview sysreq System Requirements for Wolf Team Now Light gaming rig as of right now she uses my current computer but it doesn t run it all too well and since I plan to build a new one for myself at Christmas I d like to salvage as much as possible out of this one and build her a computer that would run wolf team and any other low-mid level games Now my dad will be funding this project and I want to keep it under Light gaming rig or really close to this as far as the graphics go my computer has a NVIDIA GeForce which I will be giving to her not the best graphics card I know but its better than nothing I m going to post the specs of my computer and I m really looking to just switch out the motherboard and CPU for at least a dual core or higher As far as ram goes O honestly don t think she will be needing too much of it I have gb of ram she is going to use My case is pretty fat one of the bigger ones I ve seen Not the best cooling tho I have a watt power supply Not sure if thats usable or not So I m mainly looking for a mobo cpu The hard drive I have is an old gb drive I believe Not really sure what make or model or how to find thus info out My old computer has windows xp not really sure what part of the comp carries that though because the OP is hers to have haha if this is a hopeless situation let me know I just thought I could throw a half decent computer together for her Any help would be appreciated If you need more info just hit me up nbsp

A:Light gaming rig

Now my dad will be funding this project, and I want to keep it under 300 or really close to this.Click to expand...

IMO at that price range, it might be better to just purchase a store PC, as they come with windows for much cheaper than you will get it (unless you've got a student discount) and building one at that price is going to yield low performance components anyway.

Building one at this price is sort of tricky, it might not be a good idea.
Ok, let me get this straight, so you have a powersupply, graphics card, harddrive and case?
You'll have to reformat, if you have a retail edition of XP, I'm pretty sure you can wipe it and transfer to the new build.
Basically, you're looking at these:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-2GBNQ
ASRock 880GM-LE AM3 AMD 880G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/light-gaming-rig.157103/
Relevancy 24.08%

hello again
i need a little advice
i changed the keys on the keypad and now touch pad doesn't work at all
tried old one and it doesn't work either
made sure ribbon cables where connected and the pull tab up
am i missing something?
not the first time this has happened on a 1525
thanks
any help would be much appreciated

A:Trackpad not working on Dell 1525 after changing the keys

Are you refering to the tab (that swings up to release) on the connector the ribbon sits in?

If so, the tab needs to be up in order for the ribbon cable to be inserted fully, and its then pushed down so its flush with the ribbon.

I've also renamed the title of your thread to something more suitable, as this will help you get better assistance from others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trackpad-not-working-on-dell-1525-after-changing-the-keys.156930/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello

i know theres millions of threads about this but they dont seem to help anything (this may be wrong spot to post but i didnt find any other)

So the problem is when i installed ATI Catalyst Center i went to my monitors Hz aka Refresh Rate, i didnt accutaly know what it does so i went to change it (Not Good idea) and my monitor just went black and the message came up: 'Out of range!'....

and yes ive tried to start in safemode but same message comes :/

so yes i need help!

A:Black screen after changing refresh rate

Hi Pot
Welcome to Techspot.

Is there an auto button on your monito? Try turning the monitor off then back on and also try hitting the auto button. Sometimes this resets the monitor.

Do you have integrated graphics on your mobo? If you do unplug the graphics card plug your monitor onto you mobo and try rebooting.

You should be able to uninstall the graphics drivers and ATI Catalyst Center.

This should re-set the monitor for you and correct the refresh rate. Once uninstalled plug the graphics card back in re-install the software and see if that corrects the problems.

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-changing-refresh-rate.155782/
Relevancy 21.93%

I installed a new motherboard and it does not seem to new mobo new PSU, No mobo light, be getting power The green light is off When I first installed the motherboard it was connected to the old power supply When I would plug No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo it in I got a clicking noise but nothing else I figured since it was only a w psu and motherboard manual states w I put in a w power supply Now I get nothing Not even clicking noises The whole thing wont even run POST Literally nothing happens when I plug it in or click the power button Yes I tried the switch on the back of the No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo power supply It s active PFC I just installed a P G -M LX motherboard I installed a w OCZ stealthxstream power supply I already connected the pin and the pin power cables Can anyone please give me some advice to at least get the green light on I would try a new processor or new ram if this showed any signs of power going to the motherboard at all nbsp

A:No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo

Well, I don't know about a motherboard that requires "400 Watts". I think that the CPU, and even more importantly, the graphics card combine to set the tone of how much power is likely to be drawn.

Moving along, the "clicking" you heard could be the PSU cutting out due to a short circuit. Check the board to case standoffs, and make certain every one you have in place, has solder lands under the screws. (These are intended to be grounded). If there is no solder land under a screw, remove that particular standoff. BTW did you hook up the ATX (4 pin) connector, the plug near the CPU, and did you connect the PCIE- 6 pin connector to the video card? (This assumes the card you're using needs one)

That bad news is that you may have damaged the board, if indeed it was a short.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mobo-light-new-psu-new-mobo.155806/
Relevancy 32.68%

This will be a video editing workstation running premiere pro maybe elements Looking to spend up some need parts on editing feedback workstation video Building to Prices are from Newegg Just looking to make sure everything is compatible and that there aren t any bottlenecks and not sure if the PSU will have enough juice with just W Also thinking about adding an aftermarket cpu fan cooler EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi SuperClocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Mail-in Rebate Card AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT ZFBGRBOX CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Mail-in Rebate Card SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA Gb s Corsair Nova Series CSSD-V GB -BRKT quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD ASUS VH H Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor ASUS M A TD USB AM AMD SATA Gb s USB AMD Motherboard SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Black EIDE ATAPI Model SH-S A Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Subtotal Thanks for the help in advance nbsp

A:Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts

I really would go with a larger Power supply, maybe something in a 650 + Range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-video-editing-workstation-need-some-feedback-on-parts.155285/