Windows Support Forum

z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

Q: z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

Maybe somebody here knows what to do After I changed the setting of the PCIe-slots to compute the z no longer starts at all and won't give me a chance to change this setting back to the way it was nbsp I understand that the compute setting is workstation red z400 6 & changing bi... gives light after beeps reserved for special video cards like the Nvidia Tesla card and I also know by now that it is completely wrong for my needs nbsp nbsp When I now press the power button I see the red light flasing along with the beeps indicating a graphics error nbsp I already tried to reset the cmos by taking the battery out pushing the cmos z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi... button but no luck The way I see it the z no longer expects a regular graphics card in the PCIe slots and z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi... therefore signals that z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi... no card is installed same error code without any graphics card installed nbsp nbsp So does anyone know how I can change this back to normal nbsp There must be a way I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help because I'm in the middle of a production and this workstation plays a crucial role Thanks Vinne nbsp PS I don't think it matters but the OS is Windows GB RAMPPS Would the recovery jumper help - and if so how

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: z400 workstation gives 6 beeps & red light after changing bi...

Hi! To make sure that you reset the CMOS settings correctly, please verify that you followed (exactly) these steps:-Power off the machine;-Disconnect the power cable from the PSU; -Disconnect the rest of the cables as well (all of them);-Remove access pannel;-Locate, press, and hold the CMOS button for (at least) five seconds (do not remove the battery);-Replace the access panel;-Reconnect external devices;-Plug in and power on the workstation;-Reset the workstation passwords and configuration information, such as the system date and time The workstation powers up for three to five seconds, then powers down; Please try it and let me know of the results.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z400-workstation-gives-6-beeps-amp-red-light-after-changing/td-p/5081336
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Recently had a computer 7 Z400 HP workstation Windows - get a blank screen on HP Z400 workstation - Windows 7 reboot it would loop in the Windows Professional bit startup repair utility I was unable to repair from an image so I had ordered the Reinstall Repair disks from HP While waiting I googled the error and found symptoms similar to others who had a rootkit virus and they mentioned getting to the desktop by choosing the boot option of not verifying signatures and then cleaned the virus with TDSSKiller from Kaspersky Those suggestions worked in our case and TDSSKiller found the infection in MBR Program said it was removed and I did an additional scan with MSSE MS security essentials and everything looked good Her computer shut down over the weekend for windows updates and on reboot the virus was back I followed the same procedures but I believe the malware virus is still residing in the master boot record I need some guidance on additional steps to clean it up thank you Gabe

A:HP Z400 workstation - Windows 7

Hi Gutz, and welcome. You could try to remove the infection as you already did before and then clean temp files with Temp File Cleaner:Double click on TFC.exe to run the programClick on Start button to begin cleaning processTFC will close all running programs, and if ask you to restart computer allow it scan your pc with ESET Online Scanner following this steps:Disable your Antivirus and other security softwareHold down Control and click on the above link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new windowClick the buttonFor alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer and Save it to your desktopDouble click on the icon on your desktopCheck Click Accept any security warnings from your browserUnder scan settings, check and Uncheck Remove found threatsClick Advanced settings and select:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will download updates and install itself, then begin the scan. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Click , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScanClick Click and then use Security Check, saving it to your Desktop and:Double-click SecurityCheck.exeFollow the on screen instructions inside of the black boxsave checkup.txt to your desktopRember to re enable all the protections that you have disabled and include the contents of the reports in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406780/hp-z400-workstation-windows-7/
Relevancy 76.54%

After installing Widows 10 my workstation does not work... I would like to reinstall Windows 7... I don't know what keys to click to start the clean install process... HP does not have phone support, nor can I get into chat... I am desperate as I don't like using my laptop... TY, Lynne

A:Clean install on my HP Z400 workstation

Lynne_29 To reinstall Win7 on your workstation, you need genuine HP OEM Recovery Media, not a USB or DVD that was made from an ISO download, or purchased from Microsoft. Saying that because the HP Recovery Media is a set of DVDs and a CD, and the DVD set is bootable. To use that, all you do is insert the first DVD into the optical drive, close the door, and boot the PC. If you are using different media, we can not help with that.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Clean-install-on-my-HP-Z400-workstation/td-p/5714017
Relevancy 76.54%

I have searched through the HP site and this forum for information on compatible processors for the Z400 workstation. I have found lists and posts of compatible Xeon processors for the 6 DIMM motherboard: W3520, W3550, W3565, W3580, W3670, W3680 and W3690. But the W3530 is not mentioned. I am confused why the W3530 is not listed as a compatible processor when a search of the Z400 results in hundreds of results of Z400 workstation configured with this processor. it's even listed on this link:http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/psg_111510ws1/index.asp?psn=desktops_workstations/workstation. So can anybody confirm whether the Xeon W3530 2.8 Ghz Quad Core processor will work with my Z400, 6 DIMM motherboard as I have one available but do want to risk damage to the motherboard and/or processor. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/z400-Workstation-and-compatible-processors/td-p/5637233
Relevancy 76.54%

I have read online about some BIOS offer quick boot instead of test everything during boot up. Does the Z400 offer such a thing as that would speed up boot time alot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Does-Z400-Workstation-have-quick-boot/td-p/5667848
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 63.64%

My P70 beeps 3 times when booting from my 40A50230US workstation dock unless it's in hybrid mode or I leave the lid up. I normally run my p70 in discrete mode but I'm wondering if my dock or system board is failing. Initially I didn't have this issue but I was out of the office for six weeks and when I returned updated the firmware on the dock. There were also several bios changes during that time period. There are 3 options in bios thinkpad lcd, display port, display on dock. It doesn't matter which I choose same problem. Also if I choose 512 or 256 same issue. If I leave the lid up I don't get the beeps in discrete mode. In hybrid mode it seems to work fine. Any ideas? Thanks. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-beeps-3-times-when-booting-on-workstation-dock/td-p/3397351
Relevancy 60.63%

when i power up, it beeps 3x quickly, there's nothing on the screen, and then it beeps 1x and the HD light goes off.
i've checked and rechecked all cables and cards.
the gateway people suck

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Desktop. it was working fine the previous day. But the next day when I was switching it on it was not working. The green light of the CPU is getting on. I can hear the smps working. There is no cable loosely connected. The CPU is making beeps for some time and then it is getting switched off. Please help.

A:CPU NOT GETTING ON. LIGHT ON MAKING BEEPS

A description of that desktop(brand name, model name, model number) or its motherboard(brand name, model number) and the number of long or short beeps will be helpful.

Certain beep codes are associated with specific problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-not-getting-on-light-on-making-beeps.1158268/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a refurbished HP desktop computer with windows 10 went to turn it on and it was beeping along with a flashing red light, why is this doing that?

A:red light and beeps on HP desktop why?

What is the model number of the computer?How many beeps, continuous short ones, sets of three, or whatever?Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/red-light-and-beeps-on-hp-desktop-why/593.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Today my computer decided to not work I light beeps but shows; no Computer am the thread maker of this thread Virus Is it gone or what Reading that may give some other extra and or some useless information Anyways I Computer light shows; but no beeps will give a longish summary Within this past months or so I've been getting a problem that most of the time whenever I start my computer get the screen where it says there is some problems with startup after my computer re-starts The black screen where the options are start computer normally and the repair thingy - and I've tried the repair thing but it says it didn't show any problems it could fix Then if you haven't read the thread above my computer did not start until the computer got the black screen like times after I kept pressing 'start normally' The reason I thought it was a virus was because on my other computer my e-mail got mail saying my Battle net a game Starcraft Warcraft Diablo etc company account was closed because of some problems On some days my computer works fine without seeing that screen others I get like ONLY once at most twice besides that day where I got Then about a week or two back my computer did not start The power button was on but the monitor was on standby and my keyboard and mouse had no lights On the days that it happened I force shutdown - held it for seconds I know it is bad but it was the only was around it and it worked Obviously the black screen problem was still there Today I tried shutting down the power and turning it on like times and I had no luck Here is the stuff I have tried -Force shut down -Turn off power waiting turn on the computer -Making the monitor go to my integrated graphics card - I'm really not so sure about this one - I searched it up tried lots of variations of this but it still did not work Holding down the power for - seconds I tried it with everything plugged in with everything but the power cord plugging in only the power cord plugged in and without any power at all After I tried that I went searching some more and it some people say to find the source of the problem I am not a computer expert AT ALL just mainly someone who plays games but still knows a little about computers So to find any obvious I looked for these leaky 'can type things' on my motherboard and there doesn't seem to be anything that is very obvious Also my computer doesn't really smell any different than before any problems happened Doesn't need to be any unplugged wires that I can see without moving or touching anything - could be some hidden Then to see if my RAM was faulty I can across another problem I took out one of the two ram cards started my computer worked fine Then put it back in and I tried to take the second one out but it was stuck because of the hard drive I turned it on with the card PARTLY out and I heard a REALLY long and loud beep It wasn't soft it was really loud I force shutted it down as always and took the hard drive out and took the second ram out and left the first in and put the hard drive back I still got a beep Then I took it out so there is no ram left still there was a beep Because I am not an expert I don't know what to infer from that I hope to ask you guys out there before I do my next move to ask a computer repair shop or to buy a new computer

A:Computer light shows; but no beeps

Bump
EDIT: My computer suprisingly started today, and I'm backing up all my information to an external drive, and I am going to do system restore and chkdsk and see if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164780-computer-light-shows-but-no-beeps.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi... I have HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT with Core 2 Duo processor, 8 GB RAM and 250 GB SATA HDD. I'm facing a problem in my desktop. Today I shutdown my PC in morning and everything was alright. After 2 hours when I reboot it, it startes giving 5 short beeps and after a pause of 1 to 2 seconds and then 5 beeps. I searched on internet via my smartphone and I came to know that it could be a memory error. So, I removed both of my RAM sticks, clean the RAM slots as well as RAM sticks and reinsert. After that my PC rebooted successfully and I used it for an hour. In evening, when I again power on my computer it again started giving same problem of 5 beeps with red blinking light. Can someone help me to fix that issue ??Thankyou

A:Desktop PC Giving 5 Short Beeps With Red Light

Hi, I think one of two RAM sticks is about to fail. Please run one of them for few hours each to work out which one and replace it. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Desktop-PC-Giving-5-Short-Beeps-With-Red-Light/td-p/5690446
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey folks
A few weeks back, I had the four beeps and amber light on my 8300. Following forum advice, I reset my memory into their slots and trying booting again. This time, no four beeps, but amber light and the screen still blank.
I had to go away for a while, and when I tried again on my return, I was getting the four beeps again. Reset memory once more, but this time it remains along with the amber light.
Help me Dell forums, you're my only hope.

A:XPS 8300 four beeps plus solid amber light

The four beeps is a memory failure like you've read before. If you have more than one memory stick, try isolating it down to a certain stick. Like having one stick in and turning on, then swapping for the other stick.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682532
Relevancy 58.48%

Hoping to get some sympathy there seems like there are lots folks who know what they are talkin about so any help is well appreciated Story is Dell dimension from was ran off a generator which would abruptly kill power to the computer a lot Think this needs to be mentioned Started having problems gettting the computer to turn on resolved it by shaking and beating the hell out of it Actually it was more of an opening and closing of the housing It actually worked about fifty times Finally it is no more there it sits I opened it up cleaned with compressed air checked all connections multuple times took out all PC cards disconnected all drives keyboard mouse moniter and nothing but a green light on my mobo no fans no beeps SHOW ME THE WAY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - could it be that stupid little watchlike battery that has been in there for six years now - a bad switch that turns on the computer not the one on the back of the PSU is there a way to override this switch loop the right wires together - what else nbsp

A:nothing but a green light on my mobo, no fans, no beeps...SHOW ME THE WAY!!!!

An Honorable death, Then Computer Heaven

If the fans don't start the 12 volt rail of the power supply could be bad.
And I suppose it could be that stupid little battery which, incidentally, HOLDS ALL THE INFORMATION in the BIOS. This is all I know. Sorry about the Caps.
Sure, just take the 2 wires off the on/off switch and splice them together, like stealing a car.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nothing-but-a-green-light-on-my-mobo-no-fans-no-beeps-show-me-the-way.73183/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I am dealing with 2 beeps of Compaq 6000 desktop tower.  I tried to remove every components step by step and the beeps are still there. I removed one and the two memories, then I removed the hard disk and DVD connections and nothing. Also I've tested the power supply with a multimeter and the wirtes give the expected tension (V) (12V and 5V), I did a bridge and the power supply works. I uploaded this video: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1zf6ly%3E&s=9#.Vvj11OKLRrY Please any other idea to repair this unit?

A:Compaq 6000, 2 beeps with red light [video inside]

I see in the official manual that this two beeps could be about heating problems. http://www.manualguru.com/hp/compaq-6000-pro-small-form-factor-pc/troubleshooting/page-58 Red Power LED flashes twotimes, once every second,followed by a two secondpause. Beeps stop after fifthiteration but LEDs continueuntil problem is solved => Processor thermal protection activated: A fan may be blocked or not turning. OR The heatsink/fan assembly is not properly attached to the processor. => 1. Ensure that the computer air vents are not blocked and the processor cooling fan is running. 2. Open hood, press power button, and see if the processor fan spins. If the processor fan is not spinning, make sure the fan's cable is plugged onto the system board header. 3. If fan is plugged in, but is not spinning, then replace heatsink/fan assembly. 4. Contact an authorized reseller or service provider. Then FAN works if I plug to external power supply, on the computer it tries to work, it move a little but then stops. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Compaq-6000-2-beeps-with-red-light-video-inside/td-p/5561411
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Maxtor One Touch gb external hard drive I am running windows xp I on, but power drive is just connected, not Maxtor it beeps. light Ext was copying Ext Maxtor drive not connected, power light is on, but it just beeps. files over to it from my pc when it suddenly showed that the maxtor wasnt connected Yet just prior to this I notcied an error message pop up saying that Ext Maxtor drive not connected, power light is on, but it just beeps. windows couldnt write to the f drive Almost as if it was doing something in the background and it failed It was plugged in to the power it was still connected via usb and the whitle light was on on the front of the drive But it was making a low volume beeping noise at regular intervals but after a while this stopped I have tried to reconnect it turn it off and on again and I still get the same issue The unit makes a gentle whirring noise for a few minutes whilst beeping at regular intervals then it goes quiet Yet the power light is still on I also get the same results on another pc I have seen posts from people with similar problems but nothing that matches what mine is doing If anyone can help I d appreciate it nbsp

A:Ext Maxtor drive not connected, power light is on, but it just beeps.

Either the USB enclosure or the drive has failed. If its under warranty you can sent it back for replacement. If its not under warranty you could disassemble it to remove the drive and connect it internally in the computer to see if it still works or if its the drive itself that has failed. If its the drive you could put a new drive into the enclosure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ext-maxtor-drive-not-connected-power-light-is-on-but-it-just-beeps.904770/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ever wonder what the differences are between Microsoft workstation OSes and their server OSes are? Apparently nothing but a few registry entries...

A new little program currently circulating on the web called NTswitch allows you to change Windows 2000 Pro into Windows 2000 Server (Windows XP Pro into Windows.NET Server) and vice versa by backing up your registry, making some changes, and then restoring it.

[Read More]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntswitch-changing-a-workstation-to-a-server.74396/
Relevancy 58.05%

i have a home built computer that is about yrs old now but never given me any problems i just recently bought a gig of ram and after i installed it i tried to turn on the pc and nothing happened i took out the new gig to see if that was it but it wasnt still nothing the mobo light is on and ive checked all cables and tried swapping out the power supply or wont light any on, no other but power PC beeps, fans, activity mobo up, and still nothing i have no idea what to do and complettely stumped i did smell smoke but i thott it might have just been dust lol its been a few weeks since it happened but i work a lot and havent had the time PC wont power up, mobo light on, but no fans, beeps, or any other activity im running a socket soyo MoBo an OC d intel p processor a watt PS gigs of ddr ram stick pc and the other pc a geforce gt or gs forgot and windows HDD s a normal and a slave and another external nbsp

A:PC wont power up, mobo light on, but no fans, beeps, or any other activity

what brand of psu? on a 5 year old computer that is always a question, and because the mobo light is on does not mean the power is good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-power-up-mobo-light-on-but-no-fans-beeps-or-any-other-activity.113389/
Relevancy 58.05%

When the power is plugged in, the white light above the power socket comes on, and the fan spins up.  There are no beeps.  There is no other activity.  The screen remains black. I have followed the steps outlined athttp://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03561545-4(hard reset, resetting BIOS,  turning off SATA power management, checking for loose internal components)to no avail.   I have bought a replacement HP power supply.  I have replaced batteries in the keyboard and mouse.  i have subsituted a manual USB keyboard.  I have taken off the back of the PC and checked for loose items or signs of damage.  I see none. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Envy-23-TouchSmart-d010a-power-light-on-no-beeps-nothing/td-p/5786154
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello Spec MB - ASUS P B LGA Intel P Express ATX Intel CPU - Intel e Dual Core Computer been running rock solid for years I didn t do any changes One morning I boot it front green light flashing together with red Removed everything and I realized issue is between the MB and CPU When I remove the CPU cover the PC has no green light solid red but when I put the cover on the green light flashes insteed of being solid green This is beeps, flashing Boot problem. display, green case no No light very sensitive area it seems I managed to put some weight on the cpu with a screwdriver tring to get a solid green but this lasted only for few almost a min then resets and trys to reboot again What could be causing this flashing green light rather than solid on front case It s not the PSU since I tested it with another one Also If I put the GPU I can hear unstable fan noise Its like its struggling Other things to add Thermal paste could ve damaged the CPU or the Boot problem. No beeps, no display, flashing green case light pressure from the cpu cooler that I tightened maeby way too strong months ago I am I can t do anything to fix this I know Il have ro replace one piece Problem is Im not certain which one and no way I can find out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-problem-no-beeps-no-display-flashing-green-case-light.905981/
Relevancy 52.89%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am having power up issues with the following system Gateway GR System Intel Pentium GHz Intel Augsburg G Motherboard Northbridge Intel i P i G rev B Southbridge Intel FB ICH rev Stock Cooler Master fan and post, light no speaker on system won't System beeps, power heatsink Stock watt power supply I recently decided to upgrade my desktop I purchased an EVGA i SLI FTW motherboard so I could use my old cpu for now I installed the new motherboard P cpu with the stock Gateway Sooler Master fan amp heatsink and the stock watt power supply After getting the system up and running I tried to move over everything from the old Gateway GR operating system After much frustration trying to easily get all software moved over without reinstalling everything I decided to just buy a Core Duo processor and watt power supply for System won't post, no system speaker beeps, power light on the system and just keep both systems going I System won't post, no system speaker beeps, power light on reinstalled everything back to the Gateway system making the same as it was stock except the memory Now the Gateway will not power up When the power switch is turned on the power LED comes on but absolutely nothing else happens no beeps no case fan power up nothing I have tried the following System won't post, no system speaker beeps, power light on to try to diagnose the problem Rechecked in the new system and or other system o Power Supply Good o CPU Good o Fan Acts funny comes on at power up but then doesn t run after that not sure if this could be related to not enough power from the PSU or not o Ram Good o Power switch Good Bread boarded GR components but still no luck Disconnected everything except the cpu fan and power switch not working Removed system battery to reset CMOS no help Disconnected Auxiliary -V ATX Connector Standby power LED on Power LED lights up when power switch pressed Disconnected ATX power supply connector and plugged in power No power indicators working No sounds coming from system speaker at any time even when removing RAM sticks There are things that happened in the disassembly reassembly of the stock GR system process that I am wondering if they could be causing the problem Removing the stock heatsink and fan from Gateway motherboard required considerable effort as the bracket mounted on the backside of the Augsburg mobo was glued When first reconnecting the power switch to I had the header connectors upside down not in the wrong place just with the Power SW lettering down when it should have been up I think I may have had a little too much thermal paste on the heatsink when reinstalling none seems to have gotten on the mobo anywhere but it was a bit thick I do not think that I zapped statically but that is always a possibility Nothing looks fried and no capacitors look blown I am wondering if the board is fixable and if the problem will likely require a trained technician would the repair likely be under which is the limit of what I would be willing to pay to not have to reinstall everything Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ronnie nbsp

A:System won't post, no system speaker beeps, power light on

Hi Ronnie,
The Gateway motherboard will beep if no memory is installed at all. If you hear no beeps, the motherboard may be toast. Motherboards sometime fail for little or no reason. Did you reinstall the CPU properly? Too much thermal compound will act as an insulator and not as a heat conductor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-wont-post-no-system-speaker-beeps-power-light-on.143428/
Relevancy 50.31%

After changing password users receiving "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship" but are still able to log in after hitting okay and using their new password they just created.
Wondering what has caused this since we have not made any changes to our AD in quite a while. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f1a957c6-6b44-4d1b-9fcc-42a3a485ab0a/after-changing-password-users-receiving-ampquotthe-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi SEQUENCE of BEEP is first and then As i mention in the subject my Dell Inspiron is not Inspiron Make first 6 BEEPS. Turning Not then by BEEPS 1564 Please followed HELP!!! and Dell ON. 5 turning on When i push the power button it makes beep sound and no display means dark screen First it makes BEEPS and after - seconds it make another BEEPS sound and their is nothing display on screen I tried various methods to turn the display on but no one results i did the following steps to check or to make it turn on Here i mentioned Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!! all Firstly i nbsp disconnect all the PERIPHERALS and take off the battery and then press and hold the power button for few seconds Then i run the LCD test to make sure that the LCD is working fine Yeah it s working fine because i saw the color bars Then run the nbsp Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!! DIAGNOSTICS to check the other hardware but everything is working fine nbsp I tried these different ways but nothing happens Still my INSPIRON is off and making annoying beep sounds Please HELP ME

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 Not Turning ON. Make 6 BEEPS first and then followed by 5 BEEPS. Please HELP!!!

Hello Gitesh23,
6 beeps on an Inspiron 1564 indicate video card failure. However, 5 beeps on the system indicate CMOS battery failure. Hence in order to isolate the cause of failure, I would request you to try connecting an external monitor to the computer and check if that works.
You may also try re-seating the CMOS battery and check if the issue persists. Before performing the steps, read and follow the safety instructions in Dell Knowledge Base Article: "Precautionary Measures for Personal Safety". Remove all power sources including AC Adapter and Battery before you remove or re-install an item in your computer. Please see the service manual for instructions on how to re-seat the CMOS Battery: http://bit.ly/14fkggq
Please try the steps and write back with your findings.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19517741
Relevancy 46.01%

After upgrading to win10 from win7- problems with boot up. Right now- the pc beeps 5 times/long. I tried a boot disk from win7 is/prior to upgrade- at that point I got a boot up screen. When I selected state Windows- I got a black screen- and the PC started beeping. Also- I have to unplug the !!$&!PC to stop beeping /shut off power.Any ideas - hardware; bios, power issue, OS ISSUE??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Possible-power-issues-pc-pavilion-beeps-5-short-beeps-fails/td-p/5615127
Relevancy 45.58%

When I start up my 23-q059na All-In-One, I get 3 long beeps then 4 short beeps, several times. It then appears to start up fine. I've tried looking at the diagnostics help but there doesn't appear to be any information on this error. I've tried to find the memory diagnostics option in the BIOS but there is no option for this. It is still under warranty - should I just take it back to the store?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/23-q059na-All-In-One-3-long-beeps-4-short-beeps-on-startup/td-p/5672294
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi beeps beeps Laptop followed 5 6 Flash, Screen by i was recently playing games on my laptop and accidentally pressed the windows button and the computer got stuck and failed I then emergency restarted my laptop and started watching youtube on it laptop was a bit hot when i checked under and it failed again this time so Laptop Screen Flash, 6 beeps followed by 5 beeps i restarted my laptop and tried the diagnostic test and was shown black and white lines of sort When the diagnostic ran and the screen went black my caps lock key kept beeping for some reason I then restarted my laptop and then my laptop would not start and would beep times then times video card failure rct power failure I then proceeded to hold the d button and turn on my laptop before that i disconnected everything and held the power button for seconds to drain static power and the color bars were showing I am completely lost on what happened to my laptop and urgently need it for the next days repair shops here are horrible and charge a lot Any advice i was thinking of reseating my lcd cable after googling a bit is that perhaps a good idea Using studio xps Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391195-laptop-screen-flash-6-beeps-followed-5-beeps.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Lenovo K450e, that beeps 2 times, then 10 short beeps during POST.. It trashed my windows 10, couldnt access my hard drive, had to reinstall win 7 then upgrade back to 10.. it still beeps, but now I can log in.. Anyone have an any clue as to what those beeps mean during POST?  Memory checks out ok.  Video checks out ok, everything checks out, but it still beeps..

A:Lenovo K450e, 2 beeps 10 short beeps.. what does i...

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht062270 This might help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-K450e-2-beeps-10-short-beeps-what-does-it-mean/td-p/3390577
Relevancy 44.29%
Q: Z400 PC

I have a HP Z400 PC with an error meesage: Driver stopped v 275.89. I thought it was my monitor. I replaced the monitor. Same error. What could be my problem? The error message continues: Nivida windows kernel mode..driver 275.89.

A:Z400 PC

I have a HP Z400 PC with an error meesage: Driver stopped v 275.89. I thought it was my monitor. I replaced the monitor. Same error. What could be my problem? The error message continues: Nivida windows kernel mode..driver 275.89.That appears to be an HP workstation and the driver dates from November 2011 (assuming Win 7 Pro 32-bit). See here for other OS and drivers: HP Z400 operating systems and driversIt could be an indication that the drivers are corrupt in which case you would need to uninstall/reinstall the graphics drivers again. You can download them from the same site after selecting your OS. But I had a similar message on a Sony Vaio notebook not so long ago and without doing anything, the system recovered of its own accord. I'd suggest monitoring the situation for the time being at least.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446362/z400-pc/
Relevancy 43.86%

hello every one my i have a problem with my z400 that suddenly froze while i was working at it when i restarted it it made 5 beebs when i checked the ram memory it was just fine (tested it on another pc ) i tried to replace the Ram and re install it but just no thing happen it keep sounds 5 beebs then after a while it beebs one long beeb i don't know what the problem is so please help me fast 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/z400-Ram-issue/td-p/5608161
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear viewers,As stated in the title, i would like to replace the cpu fan with a custom one. Only problem i have is the 5 pin header on the mb and all pwm fans have 4 pins. So my question is, how can i fit a custom 4 pin fan to the 5 pin header?Thnx in advance and greetz from the Netherlands.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Z400-custom-cpu-fan/td-p/5705539
Relevancy 43.86%

Can anyone please confirm if the Z400 (2nd gen) can use Non-ECC memory? The official HP specs only list unbuffered ECC memory as being approved - but I can't find anywhere where it specifically states that Non-ECC memory is NOT approved.

A:Z400 with Non-ECC memory?

Tiebreaker wrote:Can anyone please confirm if the Z400 (2nd gen) can use Non-ECC memory? The official HP specs only list unbuffered ECC memory as being approved - but I can't find anywhere where it specifically states that Non-ECC memory is NOT approved.Hi, That's the answer Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z400-with-Non-ECC-memory/td-p/5448342
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Z400 i need to upgrade PSU to around 850W. I tried installing 2 graphics cards worked great for 10 mins then slowed down to a crawl. I read that the 2 GPU's in crossfire use 450W on there own the stock PSU is 475W I belive the unit has to be able to power a server MOBO.... not sure....Ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Upgrade-PSU-on-my-Z400/td-p/5656892
Relevancy 43.86%

hi i have an old z that was literally given to me for free I want to upgrade it but I don't know if the parts z400 help upgrade i want would be compatible After looking around I found out that only certain psu's cpu's and gpu's are compatible here are some quick specs CPUIntel Xeon W GHz CBloomfield nm TechnologyRAM GB Dual-Channel DDR z400 upgrade help MHzMotherboardHewlett-Packard B Ch CPU PROCESSOR CGraphics W x Hz MB NVIDIA Quadro HP Cignore the temperatures i directly copied and z400 upgrade help pasted from speccy So i'm assuming i still have the stock psu which is w i want to upgrade z400 upgrade help the graphics card and the cpu which means i may have to upgrade the psu as well maybe even the motherboard ive been looking for decent gpu and cpus and i want to upgrade to an i and a ti i dont know if they are compatible but im sure hoping they are also ive been looking at this power supply called Delta nbsp TDPS- BB because someone said it could be compatible idk should i also get a new fan nbsp C sounds like a lot for the motherboard im very new at this so any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z400-upgrade-help/td-p/5757489
Relevancy 43.86%

Maybe somebody here knows what to do After I changed the setting of the PCIe-slots to compute the z no longer starts at all and won't give Beebe 6 Z400 me a chance to change this setting back to the way it was I understand that the compute setting is reserved Z400 6 Beebe for special video cards like the Nvidia Tesla card and I also know by now that it is completely wrong Z400 6 Beebe for my needs When I now press the power button I Z400 6 Beebe see the red light flasing along with the beeps indicating a graphics error I already tried to reset the cmos by taking the battery out pushing the cmos button but no luck The way I see it the z no longer expects a regular graphics card in the PCIe slots and therefore signals that no card is installed same error code without any graphics card installed So does anyone know how I can change this back to normal There must be a way I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help because I'm in the middle of a production and this workstation plays a crucial role

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z400-6-Beebe/td-p/5807959
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear viewers,I would like to know how i can fit a normal 4 pin pwm heatsink fan on the 5 pin of the z400 mb. I have heard things about using the original 5 pin and rewire the fan from 4 to 5 pin, but how?Thank you in advance,Grtz, foxsailor

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z400-heatsink-fan-4-pin-to-5-pin/td-p/5707547
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I have HP Z400 workstation. It came with 2 x 2GB = 4GB Ram
I just added 2 x 4GB Ram in it.
The following document says I can add 4GB 4GB 2GB 2GB = 12GB Ram in my system.
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13276_div/13276_div.PDF

But the problem is the confusion on memory slots.

The CPU box says memory slots are in order

1 4 2 5 3 6

and when I open the HP Support Assistant it says
1 2 3 4 5 6

You will better understand from the image given below
http://postimage.org/image/wlacv1xdn/

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, my Z400 desktop PC won't boot from the DVD-drive or from any USB port. I am using Hirens boot cd, working fine on other PC's we have.  My system is in RAID+AHCI mode. In the BIOS, i set the bootorder to 1. diskettedrive, then next in row is the DVD-drive, then the USB and last but not least the harddrive. All drives are in SATA-mode.I also  enabled the ability to boot from removable media in the "storage options"-section.Now when i start the PC, it ignores these settings and starts only from the harddrive. When using the F9 key at boot, the only option i get is starting from harddrive. Can it be that the RAID+AHCI mode prevents the system from booting from DVD? Any suggestions?    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z400-won-t-boot-from-DVD-or-USB/td-p/5688894
Relevancy 43.86%

Is z400 suitable for home computing e.g. photos, uploading/downloading, surfing Email etc

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-z400-suitability/td-p/5812058
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to upgrade the graphics card on my HP Z400.  For now I'm using a GTX 750ti with no issues but I'd like to upgrade to a GTX 1080.  I purchased a SilverStone 600W PSU but after connecting it to the mother board I just get 4 red beeps coming from the case.  After some digging it seems like I don't really have any options as the z400 does not support 3rd party PSU's.  What are my options?  I need to upgrade my GPU, I need at least a 500w PSU with 2 8pin connections.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z400-Upgrading-PSU/td-p/5726067
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello! i have a Lenovo Ideapad z400 touch. I tried to make a new partition, the sistem crashed. I tried to install windows again, it said something about gtp style. I tried gparted no success, untill I deleted everything with gparted. Now when I open my laptop, there is only the lenovo logo and then a - clicking. What can i do??? I read i must reinstall bios. Where do I get it from, I have no idea what motherbord i have and in the drivers section on lenovo site there is only an update for the bios. Please help me, I need this laptop very much!

A:Z400 NO Bios where can i get it from

Hi Gabipen,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to hear that the computer is not booting to Windows after trying to partition the Hard Drive within Windows, this might have corrupted the operating System installed in the computer. I suggest you to perform the Flee-Power and BIOS reset. Below are the steps to check and resolve the issue:

Remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer.
Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect only the AC Adapter and try to turn ON the computer.
If the issue persists even after performing Flee Power then resetting BIOS to its defaults should resolve the issue
To access BIOS menu turn OFF the computer and press NOVO button which is located at the left hand side of the computer.
Then to reset the BIOS to its defaults click on ?F9? Key and select YES.
Now Click on ?F10? Key to safe the changes that are done in BIOS, restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps!!!

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z400-NO-Bios-where-can-i-get-it-from/td-p/1303891
Relevancy 43.86%

hello every one   i had a proplem with my z400 at first it was sounding 6 beebs then i knew it's the graphics card i tested it and it was working fine then i told to reset the cmos i did it right the  i tried to clean the mother board with akai cleaner when i but it back there was no beebs at all i tried to remove the ram memory and the same no beebs at all so what happend to the mother board 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/proplem-with-my-hp-z400/td-p/5595456
Relevancy 43.43%

hello how is it that nbsp a z motherboard that I have can use an unsupported cpu and ram config without any problems The hardware support list says that with HP CPU works How? and Z400 Ram. unsupported I cant use a ghz Xeon and it says I cant use gb of HP Z400 works with unsupported CPU and Ram. How? ram in a x gb config only a x gb I have a z system running with HP Z400 works with unsupported CPU and Ram. How? these specs just fine for months now How is this possible I made a thread containing everything I did to use this board in a standard atx mid tower nbsp nbsp http www overclockers com forums showthread php -HP-Z -Workstation-to-Gaming-PC nbsp I got the board for and the Xeon x for off of ebay nbsp nbsp So basically my question is could I do it again A friend of mine wants to play modern and semi modern games A Xeon is nearly the same as an I k which is still powerful today A wont bottleneck even the lastest gfx cards so I want to try this option if possible I can find loads of Z workstations and their boards on ebay fairly cheap Thanks

A:HP Z400 works with unsupported CPU and Ram. How?

@RageIncoming?, welcome to the forum. It is possible because HP's specs are telling you the components that have been thoroughly tested to assure that they will work with the motherboard without problems.  There is always a chance that other components will work, but they are not supported by HP.  You install them at your own risk. Will this work again, I can't say for certain because not all motherboards are created equal.  I have seen two of exactly the same motherboards not overclock the same.  One will overclock way better and faster.  This is just one example. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z400-works-with-unsupported-CPU-and-Ram-How/td-p/5721273
Relevancy 43.43%

hi .I've installed an operating system SCO in HP Z400 and network cards ZyXEL model  FN312 with Chipset RTL8139D  put it on .network card installed but do not display network card with command ifconfig -a in list and just show loopback.please Help me .tanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-Z400-Server-amp-SCO-Unix/td-p/5826643
Relevancy 43.43%

I just picked up a motherboard and processor from an hp z400. Im putting it into a new case(Thermaltake element T). I've been googling for hours on a motherboard diagram or atleast a pin diagram of the front panel connector and have failed miserably. It would be much appreciated if someone can help me out. im just trying to connect the power switch so i can power it up.

Relevancy 43.43%

Is it hardware or software problem? 

A:z400 TOUCHSCREEN PROBLEM?

hi lisheng,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

First Try doing a Power Drain.

Then Open Device Manager and open the Human Interface Devices
  Uninstall all that starts with HID- then restart the system See if the problem will go away

If still the same I would consider this as a hardware Issue

You can contact Lenovo Technical Support here
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/feedback/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-76613

Best Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/z400-TOUCHSCREEN-PROBLEM/td-p/1307179
Relevancy 43.43%

will a intell Xeon x5670 work in a z400

A:X5670 work in a hp z400

I think you have a shot at this, and please do post back on your experimentation. Read up in here on the two different versions of the Z400/Z600/Z800, and how to look at their boot block date in BIOS to tell if you have version 1 or version 2 (which is officially known as revision 1). Then, read up on the processor limitations depending on whether you have the earlier or later version.  If you have the original version then you are out of luck due to a chipset limitation. Then, there is info on whether a processor is listed in your workstation's QuickSpecs.  Generally if it is not listed it it will not work due to it not being present in the "microcode" part of BIOS.  Just because it theoretically should work does not mean that it will.  This rule has a very few exceptions, and this may be one of them. Long and short of it is.... if you have the revision 1 motherboard (the later version) and you load the latest BIOS you might just get lucky and have it work.  You'll need to learn about "Performance" heatsinks, too.  If the motherboard does not see a high performance heatsink it will refuse to proceed.  You can spoof the motherboard on this, however, but it is best to use a true higher performance HP heatsink in this situation rather than the wiring spoof. If you have free access to one of those processors and a Performance heatsink I'd recommend trying it.  You won't hurt the processor or the workstation.  There are some hints that this will work, despite it not being supposed to in the Z400 revision 1.  Everything above must line up correctly..... Let us know.......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/X5670-work-in-a-hp-z400/td-p/5477002
Relevancy 43.43%

I own Hp Z400 Intel xeon w3550, from the very first day i am getting error 517 a low powered heatsink detected on high power cpu. Kindly help me to solve out that issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Hp-Z400-heatsink-problem/td-p/5678105
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello All nbsp I have a Z rescued from being decommissioned nonetheless that works just fine Installed Win and voila New PC nbsp Thanks to the Info here confirmed I have the Rev version with RAM slots nbsp Current Config nbsp Xeon W Dual Core not even Hyper Threading GB Mhz RAM gb x running at Mhz thanx to CPU x Quadro FX cardsPCI-e LSI SAS E Raid Card x gb SAS drives connected to Upgrades Z400 Aftermarket LSI cardPCI-e NIC card w PSU nbsp The SAS HDDs are slow at k RPM and loud First thing I did was Z400 Aftermarket Upgrades buy a Samsung gb Evo SSD on Prime day at Amazon with discount I checked and with the new BiOS installed I confirmed I have AHCI support so I'm hoping the new SSD will bring me a big change even if only running Z400 Aftermarket Upgrades at sata instead of sata speeds When the drive gets here I plan on removing the raid Z400 Aftermarket Upgrades card and sas drives and install an extra TB sata drive for storage instead Also thinking of getting a sata pci-e card Do you think it's worth it over just going straight to motherboard I also read that booting from a pci-e card slows up startup vs just runnig drive straight nbsp to the mobo sata port even if running speed is slower What do you guys think nbsp nbsp Next thing I'm looking at is the processor Thinking of on either the w or w Depending on price to get the ram running at Mhz Any other CPU suggestions Perhaps other supported that are not specified in the quick sheet the current cpu cooler is rated for w cpu so I think I should be fine unless you guys have a suggestion for a better option nbsp I worry about the cpu power draw Even though I will eliminate loud and power hungry sas drives I wonder if the current PSU will be enough for this and possibly a new graphics card Perhaps the new RX from AMD nbsp What do you think of it Solved View Solution

A:Z400 Aftermarket Upgrades

Your W3505 is already a 130W processor, so you have the Performance fan.  Shift over to either the W3680 (search eBay for SLBV2, and you'll find some now at 93.50 USD).  Or, if you want to go from 3.33 to 3.46 GHz speed spend the extra and get the W3690 for about 145.00 off eBay.  That is a psychological thing.... you won't be able to tell the difference in the real world, and all the other main features are identical. The ultimate would be the X5690, which has a single sSpec code of SLBVX, and on eBay used is going now for about 245.00 USD.  I got mine recently with careful shopping for 220.00, but the Revision 1 Z400 cost me only 100.00 plus shipping.  I needed to do this test..... I have posted in here on adding a USB3.0 HP Texas Instruments card.... make sure it goes into a PCIe Gen II slot so bus speed will let it get to USB3.0 max speed.  My post includes info on the HP 5.25 to 3.5 adapter that will let you place my favorite Akasa front interface into that and mount it below your optical drive in the spare bay up top.  I included into on the correct Molex brand 4-wire peripheral to SATA power adapter that I get from Mouser.com to fit that card perfectly.  You end up with 4 USB3 slots, 2 rear/2 front. Here are some links on that process: Herehttp://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z600-z620-Front-Panel-USB-3-0-Upgrade/m-p/5545549/highlight/true#M11730 Herehttp://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/USB-3-0-for-Z800/m-p/5066733/highlight/true#M4777 and Herehttp://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Adding-a-USB-3-0-slots-ports-card-to-a-Z400/m-p/5086734   You have the SSD..... Gen II vs Gen III is not really an issue..... stick with plugging that straight into the SATA port 0 on the motherboard.  Dump all SAS.   I've posted here on how to drop your boot times dramatically.... read up on that.  Use the forum's search box above to find these things.   I added a 40x40x20mm Northbridge fan, 4-wire HP version, from a xw6600 motherboard.  Mine is screwed atop the normal silver Northbridge heatsink fins, and there would be several ways to attach that.  The fan blows up away from the motherboard pulling cooler air in through the heatsink from below.  The same fan is used on the Z600 Northbridge.  There is a spare motherboard standard PWM white header near there, and I added an in-line Noctua 4-wire LNA to drop its speed (which I do for all the HP Northbridge fans).  That adds to the length overall and lets the fan plug reach the motherboard header.  The RPM speeds now show up in the temp/rpm section of the Z400 BIOS as a memory cooling fan.  So, the original header appears to have been intended for a memory cooler, but it is perfect for the Northbridge cooling.  The speeds of either of those 2 processors would boost the heat at the Northbridge, and that was my solution (but probably that is not really needed).  I don't know if HP ever did a similar things for some high end Z400s, but seeing that fan used on the xw6600 and Z600 inspired me to add that to this Z400.  You can get those fans with the proper HP wiring by searching eBay, and from China where they were all made.  That specifically is the Delta EFB0412HD -7R49, and that modifier at the end designates the HP 4-wire PWM controlled version.   You want all 6 memory slots filled by identical 2 or 4 GB sticks, with 1333 memory speeds to take best advantage of the HP memory engineering and the fact that they'll be able to run at that speed with those processors. The HP PCIe supplemental power 6-wire cable provides significantly more power than the ATX 75W max standard..... I don't see an issue there for your video card needs, within reason.  Your net pow... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z400-Aftermarket-Upgrades/td-p/5691838
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello nbsp I have an old Z Gen with Dimms and was wondering what upgrades I could do to max out the system to its highest point nbsp In other words I'd assume as far as CPU's go End Highest Build Z400 that either the Xeon w or x would be the highest end CPU I could buy for the system nbsp But what about RAM can I assume that Gigs is the highest capacity x Gigabytes of DDR nbsp Also would it be possible to boot off of an M like Highest End Z400 Build the Samsung using a PCIe adaptor nbsp As far as SSD's go would I need to purchase another PCIe adaptor to push SATA III Gbps if I purchased something like a Samsung Pro nbsp As far as aftermarket coolers go would a Noctua DH- fit in the chasis I assume that I'd have to remove the plastic shroud over the RAM slots nbsp Lastly has anyone tried overclocking something like a x If so how high were you able to push it while remaining stable x nbsp Thank you Nelson

A:Highest End Z400 Build

Hi, I don't know where do your get its specs but the following document for the whole series;             http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01709671 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Highest-End-Z400-Build/td-p/5807342
Relevancy 43.43%

I mistakingly set all my pvi slots to compute! and now will not start and I get 6 beeps with red light flashes. tried: pulling battery, reset cmos button. changed video cards, no video card.  I need help      

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Z400-HOW-TO-JUMP-CMOS/td-p/5611433
Relevancy 43.43%
Relevancy 43.43%

I own hp z400 intel xeon w3550, from the very first day i am getting error 517 a low powered heatsink detected on high power cpu. Kindly help me to solve out that issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Hp-Z400-heatsink-problem/td-p/5678111
Relevancy 43.43%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-xps-m2010-wont-start-up-blue-power-light-and-bluetooth-light-stay-on.167944/
Relevancy 43.43%

I will Light stay light HardDisk in shuts own(Power on/Fine down administrator on PC and turn it on and after a minute or two the monitor goes to power save mode and the hard disk light goes from off blinking to solid on and the power light stays on I have reinstalled the operating system and i thought that fixed it I had SP i installed all of my updates and SP and it starting to do it again it will do it in SP but not nearly as often or when i run a flash heavy program PSP Video or PC shuts down on own(Power light and HardDisk Light stay on/Fine in administrator even the Scion website It will not do it at all in BIOS as i did every test on the diagnostics page for my hard drive all pass though if it turns off it usually turns on and runs dskchk and it wont stay on for that In safe mode it is also fine it will not turn off once I dont know what i did last as it was fine then i was gone for a month and I had it unplugged etc came back hooked it up and it started doing it after a little while I have taken a can of air to every inch switched the Flat cord going to the HDD from the Motherboard All fans run fine Thats all i can think of right now ask me anything else you need to know I ll give this forum a couple of days a week maybe then i ll take it to a local shop to diagnose it Much thanks to anyone who has any idea s nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-shuts-down-on-own-power-light-and-harddisk-light-stay-on-fine-in-administrator.683890/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I've had the Dell XPS 8700 for over a year now and it's an excellent Desktop.
I've recently moved my tower to a new location and notice there is a solid orange light on all the time inside the PC, I believe it's on the motherboard... should I be worried this is on all the time? It's just I've never noticed it before.
Also on the back of the PC there is a solid green light, I'm guessing this is to just tell me the PC has Power.
I tried a google search but everyone with the orange light seems to have PC issues, my pc is working fine as far as I can tell.

A:Dell XPS 8700 Orange Light inside and Green Light on Back

LED on the motherboard will be on as long as the PC is plugged into a working outlet. It's perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
If you unplug the PC from the wall and press/hold the power button for ~15 sec, that LED will go off. Again, perfectly normal...
Green LED says there's power to the PSU.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993526
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Tonight I had a problem with my laptop It was in sleeping mode and when I open the lid there were no mouse function and no touch screen function So the only thing I could do was to press the power button for seconds to turn it off but it didn't completely because light drive blinking, laptop light button hard and power doe... the screen turn off but the power button light is blinking just like when it is on sleep mode and I'm not sure if the hard drive light was on off or blinking before this hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... but hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... now is blinking I press the power button and nothing happen I press it for seconds and nothing happen I even did the HDMI connection to another monitor but both monitors don't show hard drive light and power button light blinking, laptop doe... anything not even recognize that something is connected to the HDMI port in the new monitor There is no sound nothing just the blinking lights What should I do Thanks nbsp PS I'm not sure if it's Windows -bit or -bit It was upgraded from Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-light-and-power-button-light-blinking-laptop/td-p/5593178
Relevancy 43%

My laptop is HP 650 and the problem is capslock light blinking,wireless light is orange and the charging light is automatically ON without putting charger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-650-caps-lock-light-blink-and-wireless-light-orange-is-on/td-p/5707900
Relevancy 43%

i had tried to turn on my dell optiplex 380 to power on but failed.when im on my pc that had sound like shock "ted"inside the desktop.how to fix this?are my power supply was dead?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19683047
Relevancy 43%

I am given this when I start up - the computer still works, but I can't get into bios without losing video... it goes like this:
1 long beep - post has passed all tests
a couple of seconds later 2 beeps - some hardware has failed
then 4 beeps

Specs are in drop down. thanks

Update: I cannot press tab to show post messages either... it just skips them and carries on like normal. I don't get beeps anymore but still cannot get into the bios.

A:1 beep - 2 beeps - 4 beeps? AMI bios

The complete BIOS beep guide
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

Switch your ram modules around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-beep-2-beeps-4-beeps-ami-bios.114647/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have recently built my own PC but for some reason I keep getting 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps, but it doesnt happen all the time, sometimes it will turn on fine and other times I get the beeps, it is really annoying me because I cant find any problems, I have read that these beeps can be the Graphics card or the RAM but I find it strange that it does it sometimes and not all the time, can anyone please help with this problem, Thanks.

My system specs are as followed:
Asus P5K Premium Motherboard
Intel Quad Core Q6600 CPU
8GB Reaper RAM
BFG NVIDIA GTX280 OC Graphics Card
CoolerMaster 1000W PSU

A:1 Long Beeps, Followed by 3 Short Beeps (sometimes)

hi 1bellb

make sure that all of your RAM chips are firmly placed into their slots and that they aren't susceptible to movement in and out of the slots. You could also run Memtest on your chips from here - www.memtest.org. You've heard right about the beeping sounds probably being caused by RAM issues. Good luck

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-long-beeps-followed-by-3-short-beeps-sometimes.125213/
Relevancy 43%

I just bought a machine hp z400 yesterday.It is good and fast .But i m facing a problem with it. I have a gpu Gigabyte gtx 760 Sc.i m facing a problem of no display with this card. I want to confirm that is this card is compatible with hpz400??I also update the Bios to cheq if it start working. But failed....card works well in others machines but only giving a problem of no display in this machine.please i need help!!!! any solution for this problem.????????

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-z400-Display-issue-with-gpu-Gigabyte-gtx-760-Sc/td-p/5692389
Relevancy 43%

I have Leno Z400 touch. There was a network issue so i ran sfc/scanow,
but during the process there was a action flag asking for my product key.
Could you please let me know where i can find my product key.
I tried restartng the system.

Thanks
Kashyap

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z400-Touch-Where-can-I-obtain-a-product-key-for-the-Windows-8/td-p/3480620
Relevancy 43%

hello anybody pls help me..pls tell me a software tht helps me to install french language to a samsung z400 mobile....pls its very urgent....thnxxxxx in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-z400-language-installer.524765/
Relevancy 43%

Hello. I have z400 workstation and i want upgrade my graphic card. My old card is Quadro FX580 but it very slow with new 3ds max and maya and not support direct X 11 and OpenGL 4.3 and because of this i have problem with many graphic programs. I read about recommended cards but they are very expensive to me. I decide to buy Gigabyte Geforce 950 and need order it from internet shops. Could you please give advice this card can work on my PC with nice performance? if this card not work please write another card model. Thank you. Sorry for my English

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z400-graphic-card-upgrade/td-p/5620764
Relevancy 43%

Hi nbsp My touchscreen randomly stopped working the other week nbsp and I have no idea if it's some sort of z400 random... Ideapad PLEASE Touchscreen HELP!!! My keyboard shortcut I accidentally hit or what I tried to calibrate it under the Pen and Touch section of the Control Panel and nothing worked it didn't recognize my touch at allk to even TRY and calibrate it nbsp Then I tried Right-clicking the HID-compliant touch screen section of the Human Interface Devices drop-down tab of my Device Manager and nothing worked-- I even tried to Disable the touch screen and then re-Enable it but that didn't work nbsp I also ran a check for an updated driver I may have needed but didn't get when my computer automatically upgraded to Windows but it said that PLEASE HELP!!! My Ideapad z400 Touchscreen random... my touch screen driver was up to date which I had a feeling would be the result since my PLEASE HELP!!! My Ideapad z400 Touchscreen random... Windows upgrade was months ago and my touchscreen worked fine until just last week unless my anti-spyware programs Spybot Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes somehow disabled it nbsp I even tried turning on Tablet mode to see if that would work but nada nbsp Finally I figured maybe I accidentally hit some sort of setting that would disable touchscreen while my wireless mouse was on but touch STILL didn't work when I turned off my mouse nbsp gt PLEASE HELP ME nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/PLEASE-HELP-My-Ideapad-z400-Touchscreen-randomly-stopped-working/td-p/3320874
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I have a Lenovo z400 ideapad and my screen  has stopped working a few months ago.    I'm needing to format my computer and it just switch between monitors in the windows log in screen.So i'm trying to see the boot screen on the external monitor . I have already tried this :  1- Pressing the key to change beetween displays from the notebook keyboard. 2- Turning on the laptop and instantly closing it. 3- Use Vga and hdmi entries.4- I've disconected the broken screen from the computer and it doesn't use the external monitor as primary yet.psorry for the bad english or for wrong post place, i'm brazilian.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z400-Boot-on-external-monitor/td-p/3373091
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a HP Envy m6-k022dx - p/n E0L06UA#ABA s/n [Personal Information Removed] When I charge it up and press the power button:The power light comes on, the wifi light is orangeAnd Nothing else works - No Fan - NO HD spin - blank screen.Num Lock and Caps do not light up. I took the back off and did not see any loose connectors, I disconnected the Battery, removed RAM and even the wifi card.Put the battery connector back on and same thing. (FWIIW: This is a Laptop with an internal battery)  Would a bad fan cause this? (If not, my swag is -the motherboard is toast )

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6-k022dx Power Light and wifi light come on NOTHING...

Hello @W8WCA?, Thank you for the quick reply! You may consider contacting HP Phone Support for additional options.  Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html I hope this helps. Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-m6-k022dx-Power-Light-and-wifi-light-come-on-NOTHING/td-p/5345254
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello.... My HP 14-ac150 after update windows 10 , the ac adapter LIGHT won't light anymore.Before update the windows, everything is fine. Now i don't know if charging the battery is full because the light won't on.  Any help ???? Thanks ....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/The-ac-adapter-battery-light-not-light-on-after-update/td-p/5617564
Relevancy 42.57%

alright I just got this inspiron from my sister that didnt work she said nothing would black power Windows light, for 1 hdd screen light XP, sec, happen at all well it turned out the power light Windows XP, power light, hdd light for 1 sec, black screen would go on caps lock light blink for a few seconds and it would turn off somehow the memory wasnt in the slot very well bam got it working dumped all her pics and crap to a external hdd and wanted to wipe it all out and start over she is sending me a xp disc but for now I just figured Id go back to k cuz I have that disc and when I get the disc go back to xp anyways I couldnt figure out how to format the drive because obviously xp was running off of it anyways I kept trying all the del - f - f - f to get a dos prompt before windos would load but I couldnt so I figured Id just put the k disc in because I thought I remember that it formats it right before it installs but it asked me where to install and the disk was partitioned and I wanted one drive letter so I cancelled the install before it was actually installing though said f to quit and I hit f now when I try to power it up the power light comes on the hdd light comes on for maybe - seconds max then the cd drive light comes on and it spins up then stops and the screen just stays black never did anything either just black the whole time I cant use a floppy to try anything because no floppy drive I tried starting up with the win k disc in but doesnt work I searched on my desktop running win k and it showed a tutorial for making a usb flashdrive recovery tool wanted me to copy boot ini ntldr and ntdetect com I found the last w and found somethign boot but didnt have ini behind it plus I was supposed to remove the read-only tag and edit it in the notebook but when I opened it all it said was C gt MS-DOS dont remember exact signs inbetween exactly but C MS DOS was all since there was no s to change to s I just tried it leaving it as is but the laptop wont boot from that I know when I was in the bios there was an option of what to boot from and usb was one of em but I honestly cant tell you what it was set at got the ultimatebootcd off the web burnt the iso to a cd and even then it doesnt work but it doesnt do what it says it will do on my desktop either so maybe its the disc in that particular case Ive fotrmatted a lot of drives and installed and se on other computers k on mine every couple years for a fresh start never messed with xp though so my few s are if the laptop was set not to boot from the cd drive at all would the drive still spin up when I get the xp disc will it load right up from that and let me reinstall the OS is there any button to press RIGHT as it is loading that will just take it straight to a dos prompt or is anyone here cool enough to email me a file I can throw on my usb stick drop it in the laptop and see what happens thanks nbsp

A:Windows XP, power light, hdd light for 1 sec, black screen

oh, also, i did try and search and most I found were a black screen after the self test or the windows logo, not right away.

also, dont think it matters, but when the lights go out, it is at the point where hitting the power button again, the computer instantly turns off.

also, just checked, and its nothing to do with the lcd. I just hooked up my monitor, and my monitor tells me when there is no signal, and it just stayed black, then when it was unplugged from the laptop that is when it said no signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-power-light-hdd-light-for-1-sec-black-screen.108502/
Relevancy 42.57%

Dear Support, I've clean installed Windows 10 Home 64bit to my HP 350 G1 notebook. Updated all drivers from the support site. But keyboard mute light not working, however the function is okay. The touchpad and gestures are working. But the light isn't and I can't turn off with double tap.  Is there a registry hack or something to make it working?

A:HP 350 G1 Windows 10 keyboard mute light, touchpad light

I too am having the same problem.  Was wondering if changing the touchpad will correct it but it works fine.  Desperately seeking answer.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-350-G1-Windows-10-keyboard-mute-light-touchpad-light/td-p/5435824
Relevancy 42.57%

Does anyone what aftermarket Motherboards would replace my stock unit (ob4ch) ?

A:New mothboard upgrade, Z400 0b4ch MOBO

If you're going to install a new (or used) motherboard make sure you get one with six memory slots, not 4.  The newer version ("Revision 1") motherboards can run the older processors, and the newer ones that can only run on the updated 6-slot motherboard. You can see the two version's HP Parts number if you google "Z400 spare parts".... this is the one you want, with the later part number: System board (motherboard) - Intel Tylersburg-C2 1S/DDR3, 1333 MHz front side bus, six DIMM memory slots, and one IEEE-1394a (Firewire) port586968-001 Key info is that each HP part has two numbers.... the above is one of the two for that exact same motherboard, and you can search for that" on eBay to find the second.  Or, just look and make sure you have a 6-sloter.  It is quite easy to do a motherboard transplant.   There is a new BIOS for that as of 4/16, by the way.  Make sure to install that too. You can read up in this forum about "Z400 boot block date" to see more about the differences.  That revision 1 Z400 is still excellent......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/New-mothboard-upgrade-Z400-0b4ch-MOBO/td-p/5629176
Relevancy 42.57%

I am using a HP Z400 Workstation Xeon Quad-Core W3565 3.2GHz, 12GB (3x4GB), 1TB, DVDRW, Windows 7 Pro.This the the model with 6 memory slots, so there was a possiblity for 24GB of RAM.  When I populate the remaining slots 4, 5 & 6 with 4GB DIMM, I get errors on boot up for the newly populated slots.  I am unable to configure for 24GB.I did discovered that the DDR3's that I am using are non-ECC.  The system has been running fine with the (3x4GB) setup.  Is the non-ECC preventing the 24GB configuration from working?Thanks for any help you can offer. 

A:z400 - 6 slot memory configut=ration

Yes it is. It is not possible to install standard PC and server memory, I've never seen a system of any brand which supports such a configuration. Officially, the Z400 supports only ECC unbuffered memory modules.However, it will also run with standard DDR3 RAMs, unsupported only means that HP Customer Service won't help you.There are some reports that even 8 GB Modules work, but that's another story, 24 GB runs fine. Mixing different types of memory is generally a bad idea.Use either ECC unbuffered (which is recommended) or non-ECC, preferably six identical modules.DDR3 are relatively cheap, even those with error checking and correction. Good luck  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z400-6-slot-memory-configut-ration/td-p/5571112
Relevancy 42.57%

I am in the process of upgrading the graphics card on my HP z400 works station.  The computer original had a Nivdia Quadro 4000 graphic card, 2GB, however, this is presently proving to be a bottle neck when carrying out renderings.  In view of this I am considering purchasing an Nvidia GTX 1080 8 GB graphics card.  However, I am not sure that this is compatable with my mother board.  I have read that PCI 3 cards are compatible with PCI 2 mounts, given that this is a costly upgrade I do not want to get it wrong. Can anyone tell me whether the HP z400 workstation can run a Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB graphics card with no loss in performance. Many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrading-graphic-card-in-HP-Z400-worksation/td-p/5747783
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm working on a project to soup up the Z and have some results nbsp Mine came with a W quad core processor and I read in our forum here that this revision motherboard with the later boot block date from BIOS X5690 W3690 Z400 Processors Fastest and the memory slots can support running a X processor despite the fact that was never listed in any of the HP QuickSpecs for this workstation nbsp That processor is equipped for running in a two-processor workstation it has QPI links rather than just nbsp It also is said to be the fastest processor that will run in a Z outfitted with two processors and it also was never listed in the Z400 X5690 W3690 Fastest Processors HP QuickSpecs for the Z revision later generation motherboards nbsp It was listed by HP for the revision Z nbsp I can confirm that the X runs just fine in my revision Z Z400 X5690 W3690 Fastest Processors and have some advice on a less expensive eBay used processor that should give the exact same performance nbsp nbsp Some Z generalizations nbsp Most of them came with the higher capacity Performance - heatsink fans that can handle the W max TDP processors nbsp These are larger have x x mm fans and have instead of heat tubes built in nbsp Because the Z is a single processor workstation it is optimal to use a hexacore cores processor nbsp You want the fastest available processor clock speed that will run in that workstation GHz and you want the highest transport speed GT s QPI nbsp You want the largest cache MB SmartCache nbsp You want the FSB of the processor to be the highest possible so that if you have fast memory it will be allowed to run at its fastest speed and not held back by a slower FSB processor you want FSB for this nbsp You also would prefer a Xeon with only one sSpec code so you don't have to figure out what version is the latest there will be only version if there is only production sSpec code nbsp Never buy one that has a sSpec code that starts with a Q it will be a Qualification pre-release processor nbsp Prefer to buy from a US rather than China source unless there is a great deal from a proven good source and you don't mind waiting - weeks nbsp nbsp Update to the latest BIOS which is and came out nbsp The X with sSpec code SLBVX sells used on eBay right now about USD nbsp The equivalent single QPI link processor that is in the latest HP QuickSpecs document v is the W with sSpec code SLBW and it sells used on eBay now for about USD nbsp So buying that will save you about over the X for the same performance but you won't be able to shift that over to a two-processor Z setup later nbsp Here's some stats for the three processors discussed above nbsp W Xeon GHz SLBEV W max TDP cores GT s QPI MB SmartCache FSB eBayX Xeon GHz SLBVX W max TDP cores GT s QPI MB SmartCache FSB eBayW Xeon GHz SLBW W max TDP cores GT s QPI MB SmartCache FSB eBay nbsp The W performance scores below are from the same Z before and after the processor upgrade this morning and the video card scores shown will rise when I put in a faster GTX or Quadro card nbsp I tend to stick with the Intel series SSDs off eBay because they are SATA generation II SSDs and have been rock solid for me nbsp I like the GB version best which often will give me a drive score nbsp The maximum score for any subcategory shown is nbsp Here's a W Pro Windows Experience Index probe for my original processor nbsp nbsp nbsp Here's the same for the X and the W will produce the same scores nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z400-X5690-W3690-Fastest-Processors/td-p/5683601
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

In days of yore it was recommended to create a boot disk...just in case. I don't know whether this is still in practice with Windows XP. From what I can see online...it is. I am trying to help out a small law office who is planning to upgrade to xp. I'd planned to write instructions for them for creating their start-up disks. One question I was asked (and couldn't answer) was whether each workstation needed it's own, or if they could just create one boot disk on one workstation and keep it in the safe for all to use.

Does anyone know? Thanks!

Goldilocks

A:Should An Xp Boot Disk Be Created? And Can Workstation A's Boot Workstation B?

if its the same win xp pro cd (same serial) then it should work with all of them. but it also wouldnt hurt to make discs for all of them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67030/should-an-xp-boot-disk-be-created-and-can-workstation-as-boot-workstation-b/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello there nbsp I've already put a post up with Microsoft and with NVIDIDA so I am now going to try my luck with guys I'll try to explain nbsp what Desktop Z400 BSOD after Graphics 10 Win Card NVIDIA - has happened so far nbsp I have an HP Z Desktop PC equipped with a NVDIDA Quadro FX GPU Recently I did a clean install of Z400 Desktop - NVIDIA Graphics Card BSOD after Win 10 Windows before the free upgrade Z400 Desktop - NVIDIA Graphics Card BSOD after Win 10 offer was over It has been working great except for when I play The Sims I used to play the Sims on Windows with the same set up and never had an issues or bluescreens nbsp I have tried to update the driver with the latest release I have also rolled back After - minutes of running the Sims it crashes with a VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm sys and nbsp sometimes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED nbsp nvlddmkm sys The game runs excellent until the blue screen No stalls weird colours etc nbsp I had no issue running it with Windows My PC works great until I open the game All other applications run smoothly web word processing Microsoft forums suggested updating the BIOS chipset and any other major drivers I would like to have someone's opinion from here before I proceed nbsp Thanks for any insight you can provide

A:Z400 Desktop - NVIDIA Graphics Card BSOD after Win 10

@Samantha24?, welcome to the forum. I have had symptoms very similar to those you are experiencing when gaming.  The solution to my problems was installing all of the patches that I found for the games.  Also, games place a lot of stress on the video card. The fact that you were able to play the games without any problems with Win 7 and are having problems with Win 10 is not surprising.  Win 10 is a complete different operating system.  It is not even close to Win 7.  Remember, Win 8 and 8.1 have been released since Win 7.  You should run HP and Windows Updates to assure the software and drivers are up to date.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z400-Desktop-NVIDIA-Graphics-Card-BSOD-after-Win-10/td-p/5716562
Relevancy 42.14%
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I have an Ideapad z400 touch with windows10 installed.Three weeks ago the fan stopped working. I guess it happened after windows atualization, but i'm not sure.When i use lenovo energy management software and use dust removal tool, the fan works.I managed to open the notebook and i've seen that the faz stars when the note turns on, but it stops right after and doesnt return tu function even when the computer gets very hot.I've searched a lot to see if anybody had the same problem, but i didn't find anything.PS: I took my notebook to an assistance recently, becouse it stopped working. The technician said some chips were burned, and he replaced them. The computer was working well after that. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/lenovo-z400-fan-works-only-on-dust-removal-software/td-p/3477255
Relevancy 42.14%

I followed instruction of OKO and started to callibrate my batttery. Now my battery is 0%, charging, but never get more than 0%, does not work if unplugged. Tried bios reset, acpi cleaned up.nothing help. Lenovo official service insitis to replace the battery. I feel that this is a programming bug rather than hardware issue. Please advise what shoudl i do?

A:Ideapad Z400, Z500, Z510 battery will not charge -...

Hi CuriousFox , 

Greetings.

To isolate fastest is to have another battery to use or charging the original battery on a known working compatible laptop.
The power checkout guide of the hardware machine manual provides steps to check battery charging integrity (example form Z510 manual page 21) .

You can also try plugging the laptop but not turning it on for 1-2 hours checking if there would be changes with the battery indicator LED.

Would it be the same using similar energy manager and operating system that came originally with the machine?
How is the battery health and battery report?

Update us how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z400-Z500-Z510-battery-will-not-charge-plugged-in-not/td-p/3435856
Relevancy 42.14%

I have just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and when I booted it up the brightness on my screen was very dim. I tried to adjust the brightess as I normally would (Fn + F11 (or F12)) but it doesn't change the brightness even though it recongnizes me wanted to change it.  I had this problem when upgraded to Windows 8.1, but the fix I had for that doesn't work on Windows 10. Any help?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Z400 touch Brightness Problem in Windows 10

Hi, I have the same issue with my z 500 touch. The problem was fixed with an intel driver's update for win 8.1. I hope we can get an update for windows 10.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z400-touch-Brightness-Problem-in-Windows-10/td-p/2131774
Relevancy 42.14%

good everning guys, I'm having a problem with my laptop after upgrade the cpu, cpu current i5 3210m and the new i7 is 3612qm,the laptop turn on but nothing appears on the display, when I return the old standard works which may be? I thank.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/monitor-turn-off-lenovo-z400-touch-after-changed-cpu/td-p/3452553
Relevancy 42.14%

I followed instruction of OKO and started to callibrate my batttery. Now my battery is 0%, charging, but never get more than 0%, does not work if unplugged. Tried bios reset, acpi cleaned up.nothing help. Lenovo official service insitis to replace the battery. I feel that this is a programming bug rather than hardware issue. Please advise what shoudl i do?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-Z400-Z500-Z510-battery-will-not-charge-plugged-in-not/td-p/3435856
Relevancy 42.14%

I am going to buy a PC. Please help me to choose.

From my PC shop I got 2 choices

HPZ200 - with core i3 @ Rs 75000
and HPZ400 - with xeon @ Rs 92000

I will do the following tasks on my machince:
1. Software + Web Development in C# Java etc
2. Video Tutorial creation for computer software and programming
3. Working with multiple os via Virtualization (USing Virtual Box, Virtual PC)
4. Some Graphics and 3D Work. [Photoshop, Flash, Silverlight, 3dmax]
My machine will be used for about 16 hrs per day.

Will Z400 be sufficient for my job or it will be too much?

Also please suggest a good monitor for graphical work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/z200-or-z400-core-ix-or-xeon-need-buying-advice.926469/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have two Lenovo Y - computers that I purchased within a couple weeks of each other nbsp They came with Windows but I upgraded to Windows nbsp A few months ago I noticed that my computer battery meter was reading for an hour nbsp I continued to work unplugged until the battery died while still reading nbsp I recharged and the battery again read for more than a couple hours then died nbsp So the battery lifetime is as good as always but the reading is not right nbsp When I Ideapad charge not Z500, Z510 Z400, -... will battery reboot it still reads nbsp Strangely the second system whcih I had not used for a while was OK but a few days later it started doing the same thing though it was reading the Ideapad Z400, Z500, Z510 battery will not charge -... charge when the computer last worked right nbsp I suscpect that this happened after a critical update which the second system went through later nbsp Recently I downloaded from the Lenovo website the newer power management software on both computers and Ideapad Z400, Z500, Z510 battery will not charge -... it did not help nbsp Then I noticed the Battery recall so downloaded the Lenovo Battery Utility to see if my system was afffected by the problem nbsp When I run the utility I get the mssage No Battery Detect nbsp So it would Ideapad Z400, Z500, Z510 battery will not charge -... appear that there may be an issue with the software detecting the batter nbsp Since I can't know the state of the battery it appears to not want to recharge until it's empty I gues because it thinks it's charged I cannot count on this computer when it's not plugged in nbsp Now I am in a bind nbsp I bought two comptures so that I would have one as a backup am leaving for a business trip in a week where I need to give a talk at a conference so need to approach the podium with the system unplugged and I have no working computer that I can count on nbsp I would buy a battery with expedited shipping if I thought this would work but I beleive it may be an issue with the OS nbsp What should I do nbsp I have two top-of-the-line systems GB SSD GB ram for whcih I paid a pretty penny and now I might have to make a quick laptop purchase for this important trip nbsp Not the stress I need at this tiem nbsp Is there a untility that I can run to isolate the problem nbsp Help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Z400-Z500-Z510-battery-will-not-charge-plugged-in-not/td-p/3328496
Relevancy 41.71%

hey, for the past couple of weeks i have had a really annoying problem with my laptop (dv6000 special edition) the small blue light which enables the wireless internet always stays red, despite the slide bar being pushed to enable it :/ I have done a system restore and have also tried updating windows and my driver have looked at previous posts and carried out thier suggestions (running system.msc checking WLAN is automatic and Wired is automatic) little stuck, would appreciate a quick reply and solution   Message Edited by Dayle on 12-07-2008 08:36 AM

A:Wirless problems, red light blue light!

Hello, it sounds like i am having the same problem as you with the wirelss not working. I am having my laptop shipped into hp and having them find out what is wrong with mine. If I find anything out, I will let you know! Good Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wirless-problems-red-light-blue-light/td-p/6218