Windows Support Forum

Aspire M3400 desktop won't recognize newly install...

Q: Aspire M3400 desktop won't recognize newly install...

An old functional computer Aspire M with upgrades AMD phatom II X Gb RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT Worked like a charm for a long time Recently bought a new SSD thought to make a clone of and replace aging HDD but it could not be found in the system nbsp the new SSD is Micron M recognize Aspire M3400 install... newly desktop won't Gb with SATA III It was recognized in BIOS but once the OS is loaded from the old HDD the new SSD did not show up anywhere including the disk management The Disk drives under Device Manager showed only the HDD the new SSD Aspire M3400 desktop won't recognize newly install... was not listed nbsp nbsp I have tried to link the SSD with the original SATA cable found no luck I acutally put the SSD in another desktop that also runs windows and the other computer was able to automatically detect and install the SSD without problems I formated the SSD under windows on the other computer and then re-put it back to Acer Aspire M Again there is the same issue the desktop does not recognize the formatted SSD nbsp What could have gone wrong Is it possible Acer Aspire M is incompatible with SSD nbsp Any input would be really appreicated

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-M3400-desktop-won-t-recognize-newly-installed-SSD/td-p/450575
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Aspire M3400 desktop won't recognize newly install...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 69.66%

It is model number AM -EB P I bought it earlier today from Best Buy and here is the link to it Acer Desktop Computer does Aspire Acer any My not new keyboard. PC brand Desktop recognize featuring rd Gen Intel Core i - Processor AM -EB P Performance amp Gaming Computers - Best Buy Canada My problem is that after turning on the power for the very first time it will not recognize my keyboard I have several different keyboards and I tried them all- including the Acer keyboard that came with the PC Before turning on the power I plugged in both an HDMI connection to my TV as well as a DVI connection to an Acer quot monitor It took me a while to figure out that it defaulted to the HDMI connection I started out by looking at my monitor and couldn't figure out why there was no activity on the monitor But once I switched the TV input to quot HDMI quot I saw the output was displayed on my TV Unfortunately it doesn't seem to recognize any keyboard although My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC does not recognize any keyboard. it does make a quot clicking quot sound when I press keys on the keyboard I tried to press WIN P to change the HDMI output to duplicate both the TV and the monitor but it seems to default to quot side by side quot and the only thing that I can think to do now is to pull out the power cord plug and try to re-boot with just the monitor connected and without the HDMI connection Any other ideas or suggestions

A:My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC does not recognize any keyboard.

Hello.

It seems the sensible thing to do is take it back to the seller and let them sort it while it's under warranty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248197-my-brand-new-acer-aspire-desktop-pc-does-not-recognize-any-keyboard.html
Relevancy 68.8%

It is model number AM -EB P I bought it earlier today from Best Buy and here is the link to it www bestbuy ca en-CA product acer-acer-desktop-computer-featuring- rd-gen-intel-core-i - -processor-am -eb p-am -eb p aspx path c d cb b e b cdd c en My problem is that after turning on the power for the Solved: My Desktop keyboard. my recognize new PC Acer not will brand Aspire very first time it Solved: My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC will not recognize my keyboard. will not recognize my Solved: My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC will not recognize my keyboard. keyboard I have several different keyboards and I tried them all- including the Acer keyboard that came with the PC I think my mistake was that before turning on the power I had plugged in both an HDMI connection to my TV as well as a DVI connection to an Acer quot monitor Then when I powered up the PC it defaulted to the HDMI output but I didn t realize that and was expecting it to displa on the monitor It took me a while to figure out that it defaulted to the HDMI connection I started out by looking at my monitor and couldn t figure out why there was no activity on the monitor But once I switched the TV input to quot HDMI quot I saw the output was displayed on my TV Unfortunately it doesn t seem to recognize any keyboard now although it does make a quot clicking quot sound when I press keys on the keyboard I tried to press WIN P to change the HDMI output to show the same output on both the TV and the monitor but it seems to default to quot side by side quot and the only thing that I can think to do now is to pull out the power cord plug and try to re-boot with just the monitor connected and without the HDMI connection When I hit the quot power off quot button it has no effect Should I pull out the power cord from the outlet Or is there some other way to get it to reboot Any other ideas or suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: My brand new Acer Aspire Desktop PC will not recognize my keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-brand-new-acer-aspire-desktop-pc-will-not-recognize-my-keyboard.1066051/
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm using Win 7 32 bits which should recognize up to 3.5 GB. I recently installed 1x 2GB of RAM to my already existent 2x 1GB RAM but for some reason in System Information it says 4.00 GB (2.00 GB usable). I checked BIOS and it says that my total memory is 4 GB. Shouldn't it say something like 4.00 GB (3.50 GB usable)? How do I solve this problem so that I can use that 1.5 GB of RAM? Thanks!

PS: I'm new here

A:Why won't my computer recognize my newly installed RAM?

Quote: Originally Posted by DarkShade

I'm using Win 7 32 bits which should recognize up to 3.5 GB. I recently installed 1x 2GB of RAM to my already existent 2x 1GB RAM but for some reason in System Information it says 4.00 GB (2.00 GB usable). I checked BIOS and it says that my total memory is 4 GB. Shouldn't it say something like 4.00 GB (3.50 GB usable)? How do I solve this problem so that I can use that 1.5 GB of RAM? Thanks!
PS: I'm new here

Hi and welcome

if it is seeing it in bios yoou are fine. I suspect win 7 itself is taking almost 1 gig to speed up whenever you launch something. It is bot good and the way it is supposed to be. then you probably have an integrated video card that is using something like 512. there you go and you will be fine
Again

Welcome

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/50785-why-wont-my-computer-recognize-my-newly-installed-ram.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I am having a problem with my NEC 1300A DVDR drive. For some reason it isn't updating the TOC of discs that I put into the drive. I will have to open and close the drive door numerous times before it will update the table of contents inside of Windows Explorer. In the meantime it will display the TOC of a disc that I took out a long time ago and will still allow me to open up files from a disc that isn't even in the drive. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

Hunter

A:Windows will not recognize newly inserted disc

what version of windows are you running? when is the last ttime you ran a scan disk or defrag? do you have more then one cdrom drive on your system? does the 2nd drive have the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-will-not-recognize-newly-inserted-disc.12527/
Relevancy 60.2%

I just recently bought and installed x GB sticks of RAM into my laptop gb capacity to replace the x that was already there I have a shared memory Nvidia video card at mb Before I switched the RAM the amount displayed in windows would only vary if I switched the video recognize newly Vista installed Ram. won't Does? Bios 2GB card ram in the bios or After I have installed the new RAM the Bios Vista won't recognize newly installed 2GB Ram. Bios Does? says I have GB installed as does crucial com which offers a ram testing software BUT Windows and the run command msinfo both display only mb of ram Not only does this not agree with my bios but it doesnt make sense with the video card this would mean either I have an impossible GB video card or Windows is recognizing somewhere around mb Either way my most important question HP has advised me to basically destroy everything and start from scratch BUT if the bios recognizes the ram does that mean its being used or is dirty windows in control of that Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi can anyone help ive been trying for month to solve this issue I purchased two acer desktop computers for my kids printer and monitor included when i tried to install acer printer aspire will not any install desktop the acer aspire desktop will not install any printer epson printer that came with it an error message appeared could not install driver for which i had a cd then i tried downloading the drivers still no go this happened with my brand new hp c all in one as well I have uninstalled and installed so many times that I just want to take these two brand new acer aspire and throw them in the street I have emailed there websites both hp and acer and epson and followed all of ther instructions but still i can t figue it out when i update the drivers from the web msg driver download complete when i check the device manager and click on the printer properties to update drivers msg drivers are already installed and that this devise is working properly but its not can anyone help if so thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Synopsis If anyone knows how to make Virtual PC recognize my current won't Solved: RAM. physical PC Virtual recognize newly increased RAM available I sure would be appreciative Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Solved: Virtual PC won't recognize newly increased physical RAM. Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Hi I ve got A virtual PC set up running Win XP which allows me to continue using an older version of QuickBooks Pro and works very well Recently I upgraded the memory on my physical machine from GB to GB Shortly after I tried to allocate more memory to the Virtual PC running Win XP and I noticed it indicates only MB is available When I typed in into the selection box I got a warning If you allocate more than MB of RAM to this virtual machine the computer might experience performance issues When I typed in into the selection box I got a warning You cannot allocate more than MB of RAM to the virtual machine So my guess is that when I installed Windows Virtual PC it did a check to see how much RAM my physical computer had and now works with that static value when Ideally it should dynamically check the physical machine s RAM count whenever a virtual PC settings dialog is opened I wonder what if the opposite thing happened to my computer somehow Suppose I downgraded my computer from the original GB to GB Would the virtual PC settings dialog still allow me to allocate up to MB Anyway if anyone knows how to make Virtual PC recognize my current RAM available I sure would be appreciative Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Virtual PC won't recognize newly increased physical RAM.

Virtual PC cannot use any more than 4 GB of RAM, this is because VPC only supports 32 bit guests. If you need to use more ram, then you need to switch to a 64 bit virtual environment such as Hyper-V.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-virtual-pc-wont-recognize-newly-increased-physical-ram.1050244/
Relevancy 59.34%

Just built a computer. Intel D915PBL mother board- sata drive 160 gigs, memory 1 gig [email protected] 533-processor pent4 3.2 800 FB. I powered up the computer and went to the bios. The bios recognizes all of the above but it does not recognize my optical drive. Hence I am not able to load winXP operating system. Have tried the jumper settings at cable select and master. I know the optical drive is good because I just removed it from my old system. It is an EIDE DVD/CD Rom player. The new motherboard provides for IDE-ATAPI-Ultra DMA 33-ATA 66/100 older PIO devices.I did not set up a bios password and do not know if that will give me more options.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Tom

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-system-will-not-recognize-optical-drive.20042/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I Installed 4GB RAM into my gateway T1625 Notebook. I can see the new RAM by going into boot menu when windows starts. But if I got to Properties in My computer it shows only 2430MB ( See Attached). I dont understand why is that happening.
Thanks

Relevancy 58.05%

Recently if two years is recently I removed a piece installed Solved: built-in recognize Newly won't WinXP stuff. Home of software from my laptop that was required for it Solved: Newly installed WinXP Home won't recognize built-in stuff. to use the internet don t ask what it was Long story short I had to get a new thing for Windows I just re-installed it but Windows isn t recognizing my laptops built-in speakers as well as the scrolling function that the touch-pad used to have The scrolling button in the middle of the mouse-tabs doesn t work either I m pretty sure it s just me being inexperienced with computers and that I just didn t do something with Windows to allow it to recognize my speakers Just to elaborate on the speaker thing my computer has all the codecs and drivers it just doesn t see the actual speakers The scroll-bar stuff is pretty moot but I m used to having them and it s just annoying my main problem is the speakers I ve tried everything I could short of shoving out for someone to answer what s probably a really simple problem If you d could help me out I d greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:Solved: Newly installed WinXP Home won't recognize built-in stuff.

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Not entirely sure what you mean by 'I had to get a new thing for Windows'?

Have you formatted and reinstalled windows from scratch using a new Windows CD or have you just reinstalled a set of drivers?

What make and model is your laptop?

Are you sure all the drivers are installed correctly? You may still have devices that do not have drivers which are linked to the sound.

assuming your using Windows XP
1. Right Click My Computer and select Properties
2. On the System Properties Window select the Hardware tab
3. Click the Device Manager button
4. In the window that comes up look for anything that has a yellow circle with an exclamation mark in it. It will automatically expand any areas that have these in so there is no need to click the + to look in all the areas.

If there is anything like that the you are likely missing some drivers. If you need help finding them let us know your laptops make and model and we can help you find the correct ones.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-newly-installed-winxp-home-wont-recognize-built-in-stuff.818802/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All,

I bought a new Acer laptop (Aspire E5 - 573) just 20 days ago and it takes much time to get started (almost 8 to 10 minutes) although it works fine once it is started.

Can anyone please help me in understanding that is there any problem with my laptop or it is just like it functions.

I am not a very techy kind of guy and using laptop (personal) first time.

Please help

Warm Regards
Ashish

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Can any1 help me why my newly bought Aspire e5-573...

from windows 8 and up, there is a built in antivirus called Windows defender, it's enought.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Can-any1-help-me-why-my-newly-bought-Aspire-e5-573-takes-much/td-p/385578/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.61%

So, I've recently purchased this new desktop computer, and, let it be no secret that I am no techy. My internet is slow, speedtest shows 1.6MB download speed, however that is proven to be a lie, as my downloading speed is being overhauled by a crippled snail.

Any help, advice, or so forth would be much appreciated. All I know is that I disabled IPv6, did the command prompt line that was suggested (Yes, my speedtest result got better, other than that, nothing happened)

I'm using the wireless card that is inside the case; 802.11n Wirelss LAN Card.
All drivers are up to date.

Disabled MacAffee firewall and installed a different one (AvG) nothing changed.

A:Newly bought Acer Aspire M3970 has slow wireless (Download/Browsing)

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Please try the following:

Disable McAfee completely, click on Start and type msconfig, in Services Tab uncheck or disable any McAfee Services, test your connection after.

Also, see if it makes any difference if you are logged on in Safe Mode in Networking. Restart your computer, tap F8 and select this option.

An update will be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/203872-newly-bought-acer-aspire-m3970-has-slow-wireless-download-browsing.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I want to replace the original 160 Gb HDD with a 120 Gb Samsung ssd 750 evo but the bios and Win 10 does not recognize the ssd as a connected external drive via a usb connection, so I could not create an image from my internal hdd.  Is there a way to clone my hdd to the ssd so I can swap the drive afterwards?  Do I need to update bios, install a missing driver, etc.?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-One-d255-does-not-recognize-usb-connected-external-ssd/td-p/449888
Relevancy 52.46%

VN7-591GI have this headset http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g230-stereo-gaming-headset | It has two jacks, one for the microphone and one for the headphones.My acer laptop only has a combo jack, so I purchased a 3.5mm splitter http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-dual-3-5mm-mini-headphone-jack-adapter-black/4561008.p?id=12190...Now when I plug in my splitter, and select HEADSET in the audio options, the headphones will work fine, however it will not pick up my microphone. *If I plug in JUST the microphone without the splitter the microphone is picked up and works as expected. (same works for JUST plugging in the headset.)All my drivers are up to date as I've searched through countless forum posts trying to find a solution to this problem.Please help, I really don't want to be forced to be a seperate USB mic when this headset is perfectly fine and functions normally. :/ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-ASPIRE-V5-561-doesn-t-recognize-my-external-microphone-from/td-p/447421
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm trying to record some stuff using Audacity so i'm using an adapter to convert my guitar cord into a 3.5mm male end. I plug it in to what looks like a "two-in-one headphone/microphone" jack because it is the only audio-in jack on this laptop. Nothing happens when I plug it in and when I go to sound and look through recording devices, nothing shows up. Any solutions?  Thanks!

A:My Aspire E 15 Touch won't recognize I'm plugging ...

In Recording devices it doesn't show a microphone without anything plugged in? Right click in the body and click show disabled/disconnected devices. Does your sound work OK? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-Aspire-E-15-Touch-won-t-recognize-I-m-plugging-my-guitar-in/td-p/433240
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm trying to record some stuff using Audacity so i'm using an adapter to convert my guitar cord into a 3.5mm male end. I plug it in to what looks like a "two-in-one headphone/microphone" jack because it is the only audio-in jack on this laptop. Nothing happens when I plug it in and when I go to sound and look through recording devices, nothing shows up. Any solutions?  Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-Aspire-E-15-Touch-won-t-recognize-I-m-plugging-my-guitar-in/td-p/433240/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello there First i would like to inform you to all those who wish to help , that there is only one jack in my laptop , so i bought an adapter like a spliter so i can connect my microphone banana (jack) and for the headspeakers in two seperate jacks , and the one that goes in that one jack in the laptop... again nothing... my external mic its not recognized and it's only working with the internal one.. that is inside the laptop... how to switch to my EXTERNAL MICROPHONE FROM MY HEADSET (i have the stupid adapter).... Using Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit) Updated to the current audio driver (realtek)...The 3.5mm jack from the adapter (spliter) (with 3 black lines) (which means something like ,headset speakes, stereo and microphone).RED - Usualy for the MICROPHONEGREEN/BLACK - Usualy for the headset (headspeakers)...  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:My ASPIRE V5-561 doesn't recognize my external mic...

Hey there i would like to inform you all , all those who have the same problem that i actually fix the problem.IT'S IMPORTANT THAT YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE AUDIO DRIVER (HD AUDIO REALTEK) TO THE LAST DRIVER IN ORDER TO WORK  (I PARTLY FIXED MY PROBLEM WITH INSTALLING THE REALTEK HD AUDIO DRIVER)...(After installation restart must be preformed)...1. Now first insert the 3.5mm jack from the adapter cable into the jack of the laptop and you will be prompted to choose one of the selected options.. (because you pluged something)(JUST EXACTLY AS THE PIC,  NOTE: I USE WINDOWS 8.1 PRO (other OS may be different) ). So my first mistake was selecting the "Headhpone" option which is actually "mistake"  You must select the "Headset" option, in order the laptop recognize the "3.5mm cable adapter as a headset (headphones)" and after all this you done, then you put the MICROPHONE cable from your headphones to the red jack of the adapter cable, and you put the other jack for the headspeakers in the other green/black jack.This fixed my problem...NOTE: NEVER CHOOSE "REMEMBER MY SELECTION" IN ORDER TO CHANGE YOUR MIND AND CHANGE BETWEEN THE OPTIONS EVERYTIME YOU PUT ON THE 3.5MM ADAPTER CABLE OR SOMETHING ELSE...NOTE: USERS THAT ARE NOT PROMPTED TO CHOOSE SOME OF THIS OPTIONS (IF THE OPTION BOX DOESNT SHOW UP AFTER YOU PLUG IN SOMETHING) NEED TO RESET THE SETTINGS , WHICH I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT , YOU YOU'LL HAVE TO SEARCH ABOUT THAT ISSUE ...THANKS, I HOPE SOMEHOW HELPED YOU ALL THAT HAVE THE EXACT OR SIMILAR PROBLEM.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/My-ASPIRE-V5-561-doesn-t-recognize-my-external-microphone-from/td-p/428443/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.03%

So for example, I download the file ''File.rar'', download completes, but its not on the desktop.

To make it appear, I have to refresh (Right click > Refresh).
Does anyone know how to make it so that they just appear on my desktop without having to refresh?

A:Newly downloaded programs don't appear on desktop.

I assume your other shortcuts show. Maybe you should switch "Show desktop Icons" (under "View") off and then on again. Sometimes that helps - no guarantee though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/105222-newly-downloaded-programs-dont-appear-desktop.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey all hope someone can help me out with this I just built a new desktop parts listed below and installed a licensed copy of Windows XP Pro but after the install completes and it reboots Windows won t load I repeatedly get the quot We re sorry Windows newly-built on a desktop issue Boot failed to start peviously quot error and have to choose how Boot issue on a newly-built desktop to start up If I choose to start normally the machine reboots and comes back to the same place If I choose Safe Mode I m able to get into Windows in safe mode I tried reinstalling from scratch and the nd time Windows completed the install rebooted and went straight to quot Restarting install process quot and reinstalled all over again After that install I got quot bad or missing command interpreter errors quot I changed the boot order to hard drive st CD drive second and I was actually able to get into Windows Windows was showing the right processor RAM drives etc aside from some unknown devices in Device Manager - to be expected before putting in all of the drivers I tried to install the drivers for my motherboard and my DVD burner and got errors about missing or corrupt files with both CDs At this point I was thinking there must be some wierd issue with the CD drive Installs seeming to fail booting not working properly if it was looking at the CD drive first missing files etc So I took a working drive out of another machine put it in the new one and reinstalled from scratch formatting the drive Now I m back to where I was before - I can only get into Windows in safe mode If I try running a CD to install more drivers I get a quot Can t execute kernel mode driver service quot error Ok now the hardware Processor - AMD X Dual-core MoBo - Asus M N-E RAM - Buffalo GB DDR PC- x HD - Western Digital GB SATA RPM Optical Drive - Pioneer x double layer DVD CD writer Any ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-issue-on-a-newly-built-desktop.564630/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Have an Acer Aspire which periodically much more as of late will not boot and going to the bios to look at stuff the Hard drive and the dvd drive are not even mentioned other times it will just boot normally have windows on this one already tried many things re-install windows install another windows change HD flash bios re-seat processor etc lately out of desperation I found out recognize hard bios Acer or not Aspire dvd drive does by sheer coincident that if I bend the laptop a little thous bending the mobo it will recognize all and start just fine as long as I hold Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd it this way it will work as soon as I release it it will freeze and die on me already opened all panels and looked if there were any cracks on the mobo but none were discovered BTW for some reason the bios says this is an aspire and the body and sticker says it is a I also looked Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd up to sell it on e-bay and see at least of them sell as is for the same exact reason any one has any idea Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd s anyone can help before i get rid of it Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd

Look for a bios update for your model on the Acer support site, and update the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-bios-does-not-recognize-hard-drive-or-dvd.139593/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I recently built my own PC (I5-4670K) and installed Win 8.1 64 Bit OEM Builder.
Installation went fast and easy.
Updated all my drivers/win updates in the past 2 hours.
Windows 8.1 is activated.

When I go to Taskbar and Navigation properties -> navigation menu -> "Show my desktop background on Start " and "Search everywhere instead of just my apps when I search from the Apps view" are BOTH GRAYED OUT.

When I go to Personalization to choose images for my background nothing happens. Not even windows desktop backgrounds or anything in my picture library gets recognized.

So confused.

A:Newly built PC--- Can't change desktop background image

So is the desktop back ground your trying to set at least setting on the traditional desktop or will it not set on both? Have you tried going to the picture image file and "right click" and then "open with" and select "Windows image viewer" and from there "right click" on the image and finally click on "set as default wallpaper"?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42249-newly-built-pc-cant-change-desktop-background-image.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Sorry to give you trouble with my long e-mail I have some problem with a P PC I am trying to put up stuck with the same problem Can't In Newly System Install Os A Assembled Win P4 for the last months Could you please tell Can't Install Win Os In A Newly Assembled P4 System me what kind of memory is compatible with P Gig pin motherboard I have tried with two different ECS Group P IBMS micro atx MB and a p Atx Sapphire MB When I tried to boot from win bootup disk after partitioning on a new Maxtor New HD when formating it freezes after the format completed and when writing file allocation table at zero percent Another Gig maxtor drive also was tried but same problem Also tried booting from win win and win XP CDs In all cases it freezes after loading all the windows files and when it goes to copying to the windows folder it freezes But then it goes thru the formating ok I tried FAT and NTFS formating Tried the setup several times It must be the problem with the processor or Memory most probably it is the memory How can I be sure Could you tell me what memory is tested on p so that I can buy the right memory I have memory chips tested in this P all MB PC They all worked on systems with AMD K processors Is there any way to isolate it a memory or processor problem In this P both memory and processsor being registed by the system properly Thank you for your time and cooperation bbst nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all, I recently built a new PC consisting of an Asus A7N8X-E mobo and an AMD 2600 CPU, 512mb ram, a radeon 9600 vid card and a HDD i had lying around. I started to onstall XP Pro but got about 30% through the file copying process and got an NTFS problem. I tried a FAT32 partition but got the same problem. Any suggestions?

A:Newly assembled PC refuses to install XP Pro...

fill in your "User Profile", top left an any page.
Also, what size is the HD and what size the partition(s)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-assembled-pc-refuses-to-install-xp-pro.18673/
Relevancy 49.88%

Thank you all again for being here to help those in need I m back for some more myself I recently upgraded my computer to the specs found in my signature and have a question about the associated storage using both PATA and SATA drives moving clean installing the OS to a different partition etc Currently the partitions are configured as C System XP Home GB GB Free Drive PATA D Storage GB GB Free Drive PATA E Programs GB GB OS Box Solved: Rebuilt Install Newly Free Drive PATA F Backup GB GB Free Drive PATA I NEW SATA GB GB Free Drive SATA J NEW SATA GB GB Free Drive SATA K NEW SATA GB GB Free Drive SATA I want and need to reinstall the OS to the I drive which gives me much more room to allow the OS to do its thing For what it s worth the OS that has been on the C is the OS installed before the hardware upgrade Eventually I m going to move all programs and backed up files to the SATA drive in their appropriate partitions and keep the bigger PATA Drive - GB drive as a dedicated backup drive Then I will take out the other PATA Drive GB as it will not be needed My questions are Can I simply reinstall the OS to the I drive while the system boot files exist on the C drive Then I would just reformat the C either in the process or afterward Or would copying and pasting the OS from the C to the I in Computer Management work I Solved: Newly Rebuilt Box OS Install doubt it How will the drive letter designations affect where the OS should be Do Solved: Newly Rebuilt Box OS Install the system files always have to be located on the C drive ANY other suggestions would be appreciated If you need more Solved: Newly Rebuilt Box OS Install information that I forgot to mention please let me know Thanks guys Regards Brett nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all I have an ASUS G drive? SSD on a Install newly OS a installed second laptop and have installed an OCZ GB SSD drive The laptop currently has Windows Home premium on it on the original drive I would like Install a second OS on a newly installed SSD drive? to install a new Windows Professional version on the new drive and be able to dual boot I have formatted the new drive and it is recognized in My Computer and I can save files on it When i tried to install Pro it would not show the new drive as an option to install on I tried this by inserting the disc in the DVD drive and by rebooting with the DVD in the drive I also took the original drive out of it's bay and tried to reboot and could not get it to install I then moved the new drive to the original drive's bay and rebooted and could not get it to install When you all finish giggling about all the stuff I went through could you post a guide on what I can do to get it to install

A:Install a second OS on a newly installed SSD drive?

Check your bios settings first.. make sure the SSD is visible in BIOS and is enabled as a boot device and that AHCI mode is enabled. If that doesn't solve you problems download and extract the drivers for your SSD, copy them to a flash drive and select load drivers before you try to install. I would have added more information and specific links, but you weren't specific on the model of your laptop or the SSD you're trying to install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/118425-install-second-os-newly-installed-ssd-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all Iv'e just bought a new motherboard gigabyte ga-n sli-ds l rev new processor intel Q GHz and a new GB sata hdd with a Zalman heatpipe and W PSU and i am using my GT from my older system Originally i tried to boot up with the old IDE HDD which had XP Home OEM installed and it would not boot up past the XP splash screen just system on upgraded a newly install Cant XP after the BIOS - Cant install XP on a newly upgraded system kept on rebooting I thought this would be because i'd changed major components in the machine so i fired in the new SATA drive Now when installing XP with the same CD on a pretty much split new system i boot up via CD and run through the drivers copying accross etc etc but when windows then reboots to load up the installation it restarts the PC Sometimes i get further and it gets to the Cant install XP on a newly upgraded system point where i can enter dates and times etc but it still restarts Iv'e tried diffrent copied of XP so i doubt its the CD Ive taken it to my local PC shop to make sure ive not missed anything silly like the motherboard contacting the case but its all ok from that angle - have tried Cant install XP on a newly upgraded system all the ram chips in all slots tried booting with only one chip etc but still the same issue Also put most of the old stuff on the new motherboard and the same problem Have also updated the BIOS incase thats the problem but im thinking iv'e been sent a duff motherboard Any suggestions would be much appreciated

A:Cant install XP on a newly upgraded system

Please do not Double Post, as this tends to confuse the Technicians when you are getting different advices.

You are being assisted here....
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...em-246801.html

This thread is now CLOSED!.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-xp-on-a-newly-upgraded-system-246800.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello!
Some when we're installing applications they're requesting for "Restart PC before use that Software" (You must restart PC before use this software). So are there any way to run that newly installed application without restart PC or longing-off PC.

A:Run Newly install Applications without Restart PC?

Try to run it...?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117576-run-newly-install-applications-without-restart-pc.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just built a second PC using a z -a board I had a spare windows pro key so I installed that and used it Seemed to run fine Got the drivers installed and all the asus drivers installed Then I tried upgrading to windows I got error code error x - newly Can't built install on PC windows x constantly so I Can't install windows on newly built PC used media creation tool on my main PC The x build in my sig to create a windows usb for the new PC Plugged it in and tried to upgrade and it asked for a windows key Contacted Microsoft support since I obviously didn't have a windows key to use Can't install windows on newly built PC just the windows and while I was chatting the computer blue screened It has not booted since It won't go into safe mode It tries to start automatic repair and then blue screens during it I even tried to stick a USB flash drive and it won't boot from it It tries to start windows setup and then immediately blue screens I can literally only get into the bios Nothing else works Can't install windows on newly built PC without blue screening I can't reinstall the OS or anything It just blue screens before it gets to any windows installation screens Just used a known working stick of ram the one from my x build and it still blue screened So so far I've reset the CMOSI've switched the ram sticks around different slots different positions and used one known stick of ram from my x buildI've tried booting with one hard drive one ssd both and none plugged inI've plugged my SSD into my x build and completely wiped it and all its partitions I've tried installing windows and windows from a USB stick and later an external optical drive With nothing plugged into the SATA ports and just the optical drive or USB plugged in I get a blue screenWith either of the two drives plugged into a sata port and the optical drive or usb plugged in I get a blue screen I really don't know where to go from here Is the board bad The only thing I've been able to do is boot into the biosWhen I load from the CDs or USB sticks it says something along the lines of Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt I've used known Windows install CDs that I've used before and have worked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613132/cant-install-windows-on-newly-built-pc/
Relevancy 49.88%

Not able to install OS on hp250g4 g4 which i bought newly with free DOS.I tried installing UBUNTU, it is not booting up and displays error "The system is running in low graphics mode".I tried installing Windows but the PC is struck in the startup page and does not proceed further. Could anyone please help here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Not-able-to-install-OS-on-hp250g4-g4-which-i-bought-newly/td-p/5614440
Relevancy 49.45%

My system's information is as follows:-

System Manufacturer - Intel
System Model - D945GCR

I have installed Chipset and VGA drivers.
I went to Intel site and downloaded drivers (I am not sure whether they were the correct ones, though), but audio is not working. It shows Realtek Audio Drivers in Add/Remove programs but everything in Sounds is grayed out.

LAN drivers are not installing.
I am really confused on how to get my system up & running properly after getting drivers downloaded and installed.

The Intel website does not have a separate download section for my system model.

Please help

A:How to get/install drivers for my newly-installed Windows XP?

infinite_scale,
is your computer DELL, HP or self assembled?

Regards,
www.azandz.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-install-drivers-for-my-newly-installed-windows-xp.996218/
Relevancy 49.45%

I've just built a PC and when i try to install windows using an external CD/DVD drive an error message comes up telling me that there was no CD/DVD drive device drivers found. I am using brand new HDD (WD blue 1TB and samsung 850 EVO 120GB) both of the drives are detected by the motherboard and both drives were formatted to NTFS using the windows installation command prompt. The error message comes up just after i click install and after it says "setting up", this is at stage 1 collectin information. It's not a corrupter file as i have put the disk in a different computer and it works just fine.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/newly-built-pc-unable-install-windows-4606135/
Relevancy 49.45%

is it OK to install DX feb 2010 redist over my newly installed Win 7 (directx 11 based on dxdiag)?

and also, how can i know what net framework version i have? and can you give me a link where i can download the latest one..

thanks in advance, i hope that i'm welcome here

A:is it OK to install DX feb 2010 redist over my newly installed Win 7

Persona, welcome to the forums.

Yes it is, as it will add all the DirectX 9 and 10 files (as well as update any existing DirectX 11 files, whether you can use them or not) that older games will need to function properly.

Also if you install it use the new one that just came out this week,

Download details: DirectX Redist (June 2010)

instead of the one from February.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90382-ok-install-dx-feb-2010-redist-over-my-newly-installed-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My friend's hard drive failed on his Win 8 laptop. He never made any recovery media or images. Once I replace the hard drive, if i install Win 8 from a downloaded iso, will the Windows product key (it's not on a sticker that I can find, from what I've read it is stored in the mobo) be able to activate that version of Win 8? I seem to remember reading conflicting reports about whether or not this will work. Thanks

A:Install Win 8.0 on newly replaced hard drive

Activate retail Windows 8.1 with Windows 8 Product key.

YES.

BIOS-embedded Windows 8 product keys - reinstall troubles?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54257-install-win-8-0-newly-replaced-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello My female friend is building a new computer and trying to save every pound possible We got to the point where everything is ordered and we just need the OS So we found this Windows Pro Student - Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store I was very excited to save about pounds PC? I this built of Can newly edition my install Win8 on on the OS Except Can I install this edition of Win8 on my newly built PC? for this Important Windows full version is for Windows users only I asked people and someone told me about the double install trick which led me to your forum after some googling The reason I'm posting this is that I want to make sure I'm not doing a mistake buying this version I intend to install it on an empty hard drive a totally clean system I want a fully working and activated Windows Is this going to work Do I need to download a Windows ISO and install trial version to use this upgrade In case of something going wrong do I have a guarantee that I can install something with this at least a non-activated windows until I find a new solution Thanks for your time this is quite urgent for us as we need to order really soon

A:Can I install this edition of Win8 on my newly built PC?

Windows 8.1 Pro Student - Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store

Originally Posted by Microsoft

This student-only discount requires verification of student status prior to purchase. Limit five (5) copies of this item per 12-month period.*

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/37300-can-i-install-edition-win8-my-newly-built-pc.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i cannot install or start newly installed programs i need help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpAgent exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar install cannot or newly programs installed start sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet cannot install or start newly installed programs Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows cannot install or start newly installed programs Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system DllHost exe C cannot install or start newly installed programs Windows system DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale nb no amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google no R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO P loggingshjelp for Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - no file O - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot auto O - HKLM Run NvSvc RUNDLL EXE C Windows system nvsvc dll nvsvcStart O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOKAL TJENESTE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOKAL TJENESTE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User NETTVERKSTJENESTE O - Startup LimeWire On Startup lnk C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe O - Extra co... Read more

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys I just built a PC and tried to install windows 7 ultimate.
Specs:
-i5-3570k
-gigabyte ga-z68-ud3h b3
-8gb ram
-sandisk extreme 120GB ssd
-coolermaster 525W extreme PSU
Seagate 500GB storage drive

I first tried the DVD and got this error:

I assumed it was a corrupt DVD. I then downloaded the ISO from Microsoft and installed on a USB. I got the same Error. Re downloaded and reinstalled, same error. I looked online and found out it could be a ram error. Tried one stick, tried different slots, tried completely different brand of brand new ram, all to no avail. It always goes to 9% then gives the error. Any ideas?

A:Cannot install Windows 7 on newly built PC (Error 0x80070570)

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS: if UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with, or enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module. Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt.You are creating the partition here for the purpose of marking it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/290004-cannot-install-windows-7-newly-built-pc-error-0x80070570.html
Relevancy 49.02%

ok so i just ordered a bunch of computer parts system install Operating built on ANY computer. a cannot newly from newegg and when i had it all up and running and cannot install ANY Operating system on a newly built computer. i tried to install windows bit but it says this cd dvd device driver missing but it installs on my really old computer just fine and when i try to install windows vista it does the same thing so i thought i would just go ahead and install windows xp and when i poped the install disk in and rebooted it seemed to be installing fine and after it rebooted the computer which cannot install ANY Operating system on a newly built computer. is normal and was supposed to continue the installation cannot install ANY Operating system on a newly built computer. after it reboots it just starts the WHOLE install process over again and the computer doesn t even tell me quot press any key to boot from disk quot it just automatically does it itself how do i install ANY of these operation systems so i can get my computer working ive tried installing windows bit windows vista bit windows xp bit and none work i havnt tried windows vista bit yet though and im using an old ide gb hard drive and an old ide dvd burner mabey thats why thanks nbsp

A:cannot install ANY Operating system on a newly built computer.

most likely your hardrive or cd/dvd drive is not connected properly to the mobo...

You should really go all sata in this day and age...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-install-any-operating-system-on-a-newly-built-computer.852320/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I am having issues installing Windows Professional SP bit OEM on a Can't PC: 64bit(OEM) 7 on Windows Pro SP1 Newly Missing Driver Built Install newly built PC The error message that I am receiving after clicking to install windows is this I understand that this is a common issue that people face when trying to install Windows as evidenced by the plethora of threads scattered across various forums on the web related to this very issue Thus based on my research through these threads I've tried to solve this issue but to no avail I understand that the particular fix to this problem varies depending on what motherboard the computer has These are the components in my computer Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H N Links for motherboard http www gigabyte Can't Install Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit(OEM) on Newly Built PC: Driver Missing us products product-page aspx pid amp kw GA-H N ov http amzn to REidx CPU Intel Core i - M Skylake Quad-Core GHzhttp amzn to T k k RAM Kingston HyperX FURY Black GB Kit x GB MHz DDR http amzn to P GXK SSD Samsung EVO M GBhttp amzn to P PKY PSU EVGA W Year Warranty http amzn to REfi OS Windows Professional SP bit OEM http amzn to Os pA For more information on my build you can watch this video https www youtube com watch v vn Lw e yFk My build is the same as the one in that video For this build I decided to not install an internal optical drive so I opted for making a bootable flash drive for windows Keep in mind that I actually have the physical DVD I didn't torrent the ISO or anything like that I've used multiple methods only two out of the five methods seemed to work just to make sure this wasn't the cause of the drive issue The first method I tried can be found in this video iframe This video demonstrates the command prompt method for making a bootable flash drive for windows which involves these commands disKpart list disk select disk clean create partition primary select partition aCTIVE format fs ntfs quick assign exit d cd boot cd boot bootsect exe nt e It seems that this method was a success I receive the driver is missing error message when using the bootable flash drive created from this method The second method I tried was the one recommended my Mircrosoft which was to use their Windows USB DVD download tool I created the ISO file from my windows DVD with imgburn The tool did not accept this file Thus I used this fix for that particular issue http www intowindows com fix-the-selected-file-is-not-a-valid-iso-file-error-in-windows- -usbdvd-download-tool After applying that fix to the ISO file the tool accepted it but it failed at After that I tried the fix in this article https ardamis com windows- -usbdvd-download-tool-unable-to-copy-files However it still failed at after applying this fix So I created the ISO file once again with imgburn but at the slowest speed slow burn to see if this would make a difference This failed as well even after applying all the necessary fixes I tried this process on a different computer to see if the other computer was causing the issue and it still failed I also tried it on different flash drives to which it failed for that as well Thus I was unable to make a bootable windows flash drive with this method The third method I tried was with Rufus but this failed as well I received this error message Write error x - retrying Write error x - retrying Write error x Error writing file x The device is not ready The fourth method I tried was with WinsetupfromUSB This program didn't even accept the ISO I created from my Windows DVD so I used this iso http downloads jmay us Downloads Windows Prox aspx It accepted this iso but it didn't seem to succeed The program indicated that it completed the process but I encountered a black screen when trying to use the bootable windows flash drive created with this program The fifth method I tried seemed to work I used the program wintoflash With the bootable flash drive I created with this method I receive the same error message that ... Read more

A:Can't Install Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit(OEM) on Newly Built PC: Driver Missing

You are very thorough!  I will be learning quite a bit from you!  Question:  where from is this OEM Windows?  If it's never been installed elsewhere before, if it's being installed for the first time ever, then I'm perplexed that it doesn't install.  I'll be watching this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619533/cant-install-windows-7-pro-sp1-64bitoem-on-newly-built-pc-driver-missing/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I recently used Darik's Boot and Nuke to wipe my hard drive, and whenever I attempt to install Windows 7 the installation goes through till it reads finishing installation, then after a few minutes gives me blue screen and crashes. My laptop is a dell inspiron and has 3 gb of memory on it. I was told it was possible that when I used DBAN it erased instructions built into my hard drive that allow an operating system to be installed to it. Not sure if there is anything I can do to diagnose the blue screen or if there's any common cause for this.

Thanks!

A:Blue screen at the end of Windows install on newly wiped hard drive

Hi

Why did you re-installed Windows ?. How the system worked before formatting ?

Windows can be installed in a fully erased hard drive without any problem. In fact that is the recommended method in case of a serious rootkit infection. I suspect a hardware issue as the cause. Sometimes a defective installation DVD can also produce BSOD when installing. Let us first check your hardware health condition using built in diagnostics. Follow the below steps.

1 ) Keep pressing F12 while powering on until you see a boot selection menu.

2 )Select Diagnostics from the menu to run built in self test.

3 )If there are no errors detected during the short test, you will be asked for permission to run an extensive test. Choose OK and run the test. 

Post the result in next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497998/blue-screen-at-the-end-of-windows-install-on-newly-wiped-hard-drive/
Relevancy 47.73%

First time posting after lurking for solutions for awhile great site CPU Intel Core i - GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard ASRock H M Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Crucial GB x GB DDR - Memory Memory Crucial GB Fresh Audio 7 windows newly install on machine, built no onboard 64 x GB DDR - Memory Storage Transcend GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Gigabyte Radeon R GB Video Card Case Corsair Carbide Series R Fresh install windows 7 64 on newly built machine, no onboard Audio MicroATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Cooler Master VSM W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Built the machine above Haven't built a Fresh install windows 7 64 on newly built machine, no onboard Audio machine in over years had the urge and the money built it and felt great Have had a lot of software Windows driver issues but eventually resolved all of them except this one Sound is not working at all Here is the link to imgur gallery of cellphone screenshots Troubleshooting sound - Album on Imgur In bottom right task bar there is a red x over the speaker icon when hovering above it it says quot no speakers or headphones are connected quot Fresh install windows 7 64 on newly built machine, no onboard Audio they are of course Picture in Gallery Along with this problem Realtek is not coming up anywhere in the device manager I only have quot AMD High Definition Audio Device quot and quot High Definition Audio Device quot Picture in Gallery When I look for driver updates on the quot AMD quot one it says it is up to date When I do it for quot High Definition Audio Device quot it gives me an error that the extended attributes are inconsistent Picture followed by a Driver Installation Module error message Picture My playback devices are certainly wrong Picture it doesn't list headphones or speaker or anything I am used to Although Realtek doesn't show up in device manager it is there to be uninstalled Picture In regards to installing drivers Ive downloaded and installed in varying orders back and forth both the audio drivers for my mobo top link here ASRock gt H M and the drivers from the realtek website Anytime I re-install just be clicking the setup exe again the drivers I downloaded from ASRock mobo site they quot work quot i e no errors Occasionally - let's say when I try and install the drivers I downloaded from Realtek I get this error message Picture Error code x FF This doesn't happen every time which seems very strange to me Throughout all my troubleshooting I've installed and reinstalled the drivers over and over again I have tried a wide variety of solutions to no avail Of the ones I've tried off the top of my head -in BIOS onboard audio was set to quot auto quot and I set it to quot enabled quot -as written above installed and reinstalled both sets of drivers - Picture some solutions indicated disabling something like quot Microsoft UUB quot because it interferes but I don't even have that -windows is up to date barring a few optional ones Picture Post relevant photos of build parts here Link to gallery again Troubleshooting sound - Album on Imgur My leading hypothesis is the video card capable of handling sound is somehow superseding the onboard audio My monitor is not plugged into the HDMI port One of the main reasons I think this is because embarrassingly stupid on my part I first installed windows bit on my machine Obviously had a bunch of issues mainly being that my graphics card was never recognized However the sound worked out of the gate with current speaker plug in arrangement Realized my mistake reinstalled windows got the graphics card up and running but couldn't get sound to work played a few steam games last night on high settings ran smooth just no sound Sorry for the long winded post just trying to be thorough At work right now so can't troubleshoot until tonight around PM EST but wanted to see if there are any ideas yet Will be able to answer questions if I can with... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/392422-fresh-install-windows-7-64-newly-built-machine-no-onboard-audio.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys I just built my first pc and whenever I switch it on everything is working and all the fans are spinning and stuff so I think everything is plugged in properly but when I plug it into my monitor with a hdmi cable there is "no signal".

A:Can't access bios on.newly newly built pc

I also tried spamming f10 or delete and other buttons on my keyboard when it switches on to access bios but I have a mechanical keyboard and nothing seems to happen

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/cant-access-bios-newly-newly-built-pc-4609433/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I have a laptop that I have Linux on that I am trying to reload Windows XP on. Its an acer aspire and for some reason when I start the installation processes from the boot cd., the second it starts going to to recognize the hardware it just has a black screen and the hard drive and dvd rom drives spin down, and it does not proceed to go into the installation.

This problem starts very quickly right at the very beginning of the installation process. I haven't seen anything on acers website like a bios upgrade or anything to fix this issue. Anyone else seen this issue and have any way around it? BTW, Linux installed just fine. Just not windows. The Windows CD works fine too.

Thanks in advance!!

A:Trying to install Windows XP on Acer Aspire 3000 install fails

Hi,

I just had the same problem on an Acer Veriton Desktop. I had installed Linux on the machine and then wanted to revert to XP Pro.

I managed to get XP reinstalled eventually but took a while to figure out what was causing it. Turns out it was because the hard drive was formatted into 'ext3' by Linux. I am not sure yet why this caused a problem so early in the XP setup but it did. I took the drive out of the machine and put it in another I had, formatted it back to NTFS and created a Primary partition on it. Put it back in the Acer and ran XP setup and it worked straight away.

Hope this helps others who have the same problem in the future.

Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-install-windows-xp-on-acer-aspire-3000-install-fails-221109.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I can't get my computer to recognize a wireless keyboard/mouse nor my blackberry when I plug it in to a USB port. The desktop antenna searches, but does not connect.
When I try 'add new hardware' from the Control Panel, I get a message that there is an installation in progress and I have to wait. There is nothing being installed and I don't know how to clear the error message.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-recognize-wireless-desktop-nor-blackberry-319771.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My desktop is an HP ENVY Video my does Desktop new not recognize Card!! h - nbsp I recently purchased an AMD Radeon HD and a new PSU Watt Desktop does not recognize my new Video Card!! to install into my desktop I installed both with no power or shorting issues and installed the drivers that came with the Video Card My desktop does not seem to want to recognize the video card and when i go into Hardware settings to see if the desktop even sees the new card it sees it but does not recognize it and encounters an error when trying to install the drivers directly from AMD com nbsp Any and all adivce on this issue would be very welcome I would like to find out why this is happening and why my computer doesnt want to recognize this video card I also think there are onboard graphics but I have been into BIOS settings to see if I could disable those I am unfortunately having issues finding even that and I doubt that this Desktop has that kind of option There was another card in the exact same slot an AMD Radeon HD and any attempts to upgrade the drivers on that card have failed as well I tried the auto-detect tool on AMD's website but it doesnt recognize what I have even though this is clearly an AMD product nbsp Nathan

A:Desktop does not recognize my new Video Card!!

NWallo, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.  What is the full make/model of the video card, also?  A link to it would be helpful. The Integrated Video is disabled automatically when a dedicated video card is installed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Desktop-does-not-recognize-my-new-Video-Card/td-p/4773088
Relevancy 46.01%

My Dell destop with Windows 7 all of a sudden doesn't seem to recognize my router, yet my laptop works fine (which I'm using now). After reading other posts, I reset the router with no results, used a new cable from the Belkin to the computer, changed ports, checked connections, restarted; nothing. When I do an ipconfig, a small window pops open and goes off before I can make anything out. I undestand Belkin's IP address is 192.168.2.1 and I'm showing that my IPv4DHCP Server is that, as is my DNS server. The IPv4WINS server shows nothing. It's driving me nuts! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have recognize router Vista Linksys not desktop will a laptop with Windows XP which connects stand alone wired and wirelessly to my Linksys router Linksys WRT G Vista desktop will not recognize Linksys router V The Linksys website says it is compatible with Vista and I have friends who have connected with the same router and same version of Vista just fine New desktop Vista Premium Home bit connects to the internet fine stand alone to the modem cable internet so cable is good modem is good router is good but when I plug the computer into the router NO WIRELESS CARD IN DESKTOP - wired connection ONLY it recognizes and registers nothing Go to view Network connections and there is nothing there Connect it to the modem and there is the network connection and internet loads no problem Please help I am assuming there is something I am missing some little step of some sort I try to access the router config page and obviously as computer doesn't register the router when connected it won't display

A:Vista desktop will not recognize Linksys router

I have the same router and version and had the exact same problem with my new Dell XPS 630i running Vista Home Premium. After many hours of self help and an hour on the phone with Dell Tech Support we finally found a solution/workaround.

It seems that the Linksys doesn't like the Autonegotiate setting on the XPS (using an NVIDIA nForce Neworking Controller).

Here's my fix: >Control Panel, >Device Manager, >Network Adapaters, Expand then right click on adapter and Select Properties, >Advanced Tab, >Speed and duplex settings. I tried some different settings and the fastest that worked was 'Autonegotiate for 10FD' (10 Mbs Full Duplex). None of the 100Mbs options worked at all.

Good Luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/185114-vista-desktop-will-not-recognize-linksys-router.html
Relevancy 46.01%

After 5 years of no problems, I am locked out of my desktop because the computer will not recognize my password.  Please help.

A:My desktop computer will not recognize my password after 5 years.

Forum rules state: 'No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.'
If you do not have a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk that you have previously created you will need to seek assistance elsewhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519171/my-desktop-computer-will-not-recognize-my-password-after-5-years/
Relevancy 46.01%

I purchased this computer 3 months ago and just got it up and running. I put a DVD into the drive and nothing happened. It is not recognized under file explorer. I can hear it spinning and "trying to work". I popped out the disk and tried another disk and sometimes, after several minutes, it will see the disk and will be noted in file explorer. Most of the time it doesn't recognize the DVD. I called HP and I am out of warranty and they want to charge me $100 to fix the problem. I explained I just was able to set up this new computer 3 days ago. So they sent me directions to do it myself. I successfully followed the directions and it still doesn't work. Why isn't it recognizing the drive in explorer and why is it only very intermittently working? Thank you very very much for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/new-HP-ENVY-desktop-doesn-t-recognize-DVD-CD-drive/td-p/5829566
Relevancy 46.01%

A friend of mine just had their PC at the advise please Desktop wireless recognize card PC won't - store due to the hdd failing So they get it back with a new hdd all good yet the teenage son who does know Desktop PC won't recognize wireless card - please advise quite a bit about computers decides to install some Linux stuff he downloaed in order to get some info off the old hdd He did not realize to simply boot the Linux from a disk To make this story short it did not work and wiped out XP and so he had to start from scratch After formatting and creating a partition on the new hdd XP was put back on and then he put in the D-link disk for the drivers for the wireless card However the PC does not recognize the wireless card or network there is not even the option to create a wireless network yet after it came back from the store there was a wireless network The card is installed and the green light is on He then thought that he may need to get SP and so I told him to plug it in and I guess he did He left me a msg that the wireless card is still not found What is missing It s a Pentium with windows XP a D-link wireless card not sure of the router There are a number of PC s Mac s and laptops within that wireless network which is connected to high speed internet Any ideas are appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Good Morning everyone Connection problems here that I thought were wireless router related but not thinking that at this point Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD V Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Base Board Version None Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled My Desktop however is the problem and I can t download all that inforamtion But it is running Vista bit OS I ve had a Netgear wireless router for about six months with no problems My Desktop PC is hardwired won't suddently PC recognize Solved: Desktop router and the laptops in the house use the Wireless Until Thursday that is Desktop is Vista bit OS Laptop is Windows bit Suddenly no internet connection only local connection The desktop PC is for some reason seeing itself as connected to the wireless system like all the other laptops and is not connecting via its hard-wiring Here s Solved: Desktop PC suddently won't recognize router what I ve done to try to correct the problem Power cycled the modem and re-boot Power cycled the Router and re-boot Power-cycled both at same time and re-booted reset my winsock entries reset my TCP IP Stack I ve removed the wireless router altogether from the system and have the computer hard-wired directly to the modem now I have re-booted the computer after doing this Connections via Windows shows quot Broadband Connection PPPoE connection quot as the only connection on the computer so it appears I ve successfully deleted the wireless It attempts to connect through WAN miniport PPPOE but then fails to connect Running the diagnostics is not helpful as quot windows cannot find any problems with this computer s network connections quot BTW- this is the same ethernet cord and same modem I m connected with now via laptop so I do not think the problem lies in the cord or modem The Desktop while wired to the modem gives me the following information when I run an ipconfig all as an administrator Windows IP Configuration Host Name SRADesktop Primary One Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Broadband HSI Connection-specific DNS suffix Description Intel R U- Network Connection Physical Address - - B- -CB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv address Preferred Subniet Mask Default Gateway NetBios over Tcpip enabled Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D - - E-B BC- E A F Physical Address - - - - - - -DE DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration enabled Yes Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel Adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media Disconnected Connection Specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes On the Desktop The little icon in the left hand lower corner shows quot Currently connected to quot Unidentified Network quot Access Local Only quot I m not connected to any network The only event I am aware of that happened is an automatic Norton upgrade I did however totally disable the firewall and re-booted but still no connection I amp m afraid to mess around any further without more experienced assistance Any and all help very much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Running Windows 8.0 64 bit but get msg "cannot install on your unsupported OS" but my Dell is running Windows 8 which is supported. Semi-PCliterte user seeking resolution.Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:AVG will not install, does not recognize my W8 OS

to Bleeping Computer.Prepare your computer for installing AVG...follow these six quick steps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597536/avg-will-not-install-does-not-recognize-my-w8-os/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello this is my first time posting so please bare with me lol. So I just got a new gateway dx4860-ub32p tower. The problem I am having is that when trying to use a second monitor for extended desktop the hdmi is not recognized. When I start the computer both monitors have the boot screen and starting windows screen. Past that only my monitor plugged in by vga cable is recognized. When I go to graphics options there is only one screen option shown. I am using windows seven the second monitor is a flat screen tv. Im not sure if anymore info is needed but hopefully some one may have some idea whats going on THANKS

A:New Gateway Desktop. Will not recognize second Monitor after boot scre

First try using the second monitor as the main monitor using the HDMI cable. Then when that is all set up, you can add the VGA monitor as your secondary monitor and extend.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/225937-new-gateway-desktop-will-not-recognize-second-monitor-after-boot-scre.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This is quite an interesting problem I just re-installed Win on a new SSD and some of my USB sticks are not recognized When I stick them in I hear the sound that Windows makes that says I have inserted a USB device However there is no USB W7-64 devices does install recognize New all not sign of the device in either Win Explorer or Disk Manager I have some USB sticks that work just fine In addition I have a second SSD that has my old Win installation That is I have two SSD drives - the old install and the brand new install When I boot into the old one all my USB sticks work just fine They also work just fine in my wife's laptop I have re-installed the USB drivers but no change I looked at New W7-64 install does not recognize all USB devices device manager and there are or lines with a yellow They are under the heading Other Devices and each line says quot Base System Device quot I uninstalled each one rebooted and they all came back I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but I assume that it does - I'm just not sure how to fix this Any ideas

A:New W7-64 install does not recognize all USB devices

The only thing i can think of at the moment that comes to mind is checking to make sure all of the cables are firmly connected and pushed in. One thing you could try is going to your motherboard or computer manufacturers support site and checking for and downloading the chipset drivers. Doing that hopefully will get them to detect properly. Even if some work but some dont; trying to reinstall the chipset drivers might fix the issue so i would give that a shot. If there is still a issue post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/355289-new-w7-64-install-does-not-recognize-all-usb-devices.html
Relevancy 45.15%

XP INSTALL NOT RECOGNIZE SATA WD SATA ALSO NOT RECOGNIZED IF ATA MAXTOR IS INSERTED amp BOOTED BUT BUT BUT IF JUST SATA SATA CRASHES DURING SAFE amp KEEPS REBOOTING IDEAS DESPERATELY NEEDED YEA I TRIED and TRIED and TRIED F amp F amp F GOAL Have SR install recognize SATA Then install or repair SATA at SR HARDWARE Shuttle SB G Bios flashed to FT S D Not Xp Sata Install Recognize BIN comes with MB FT V two sticks mb mhz P C mhz gb SATA Raptor Liteon S CD ROM Maxtor HDD Maxtor only used cause Raptor not xp install recognized Many attempts with Maxtor not installed SOFTWARE XP SR from different system on Raptor XP SR slipstreamed Norton super utils Nothing absolutely nothing finds Xp Install Not Recognize Sata the SATA musical chairs tried rotated and removed SATA cd amp Maxtor HD amp makes no difference To drive me mad take the Maxtor out Xp Install Not Recognize Sata and the SATA attempts to boot Xp Install Not Recognize Sata and crashes BIOS ADVANCED BIOS FEATURES HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY BOOTABLE ADD IN CARDS If no other HD the SATA boots first and crashes If Maxtor set first to boot Maxtor boots but doesn t see SATA With Maxtor removed SATA still crashes during boot Bios does not report any exceptions on boot As expected the on-chip Sil SATA ONBOARD CHIP ON BOOT Recognizes SATA Raid WDC etc looks ok MUSICAL CHAIRS DON T WORK Tried with HD without HD XP don t install SATA on SATA on XP don t install CD Rom primary secondary on or XP don t intall JUST SATA Safe crashes at mus every timel CD amp Maxtor HD No problem SR UPDATED Maxtor SATA amp CD F F or F Tired million time to install drivers from usbdd or on CD or whatever that stupid window informs me NO MASS MEDIA DEVICE YES YES YES I TRIED TO INSTALL DRIVERS F F F F NAH NO MASS MEDIA FOUND DRIVERS It tried those from Shuttle those from WDC those from Sil USB FD didn t ask me a thing Window just reports no mass storage device found Not even my Maxtor HELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELP ELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPH LPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHE PHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHELPHEL TIA Ps I EVEN USED THESE DRIVERS http www siliconimage com support amp sataraid amp TIA

A:Xp Install Not Recognize Sata

Just installed Windows XP Home edition w/SP2 W/WD400JD SDATA HD. No problems encountered. After inserting CD in drive, recognized the HD, allowed me to partition (4 partitions) and format the partitions, then continued to install XP. New system is a ASUS P4P800S-x MB, Intel P4 3.0E GB Prescott CPU w/512MB DDR400 RAM. Sorry, wish I could help you, but I can't.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-install-not-recognize-sata-45488.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought a will cd cd install my the recognize player only disk called windows extreme at a computer show it was supposed to upgrade my Window basic to extreme after it was installed it acted fluky so after playing with it for a few hours I disided to to reinstall my cd player will only recognize the install cd the Basic windows Then I found out that the only was to boot was from the C drive or the extreme cd also my cd player will not recognize anything but the extreme DVD I my cd player will only recognize the install cd have the bios set to boot from CD when I start the computer it gose right past boot from CD and boots windows If the windows extreme cd is in the player it will recognize it and start to reinstall extreme I do not know of anyway to reformat the C my cd player will only recognize the install cd drive unless I can bootup out of extreme I would just like to reformat or fdisk C drive the system disk I have tried the setup and install program from Western digital and maxtor The extreme disk has files on it called EFI Upgrade BootMGR spdtd X exe and afile called boot and source nbsp

A:my cd player will only recognize the install cd

You have marked this thread solved. If this was intentional and is correct, please post the solution that you found so that others can benefit. If incorrect, please Click the Mark Unsolved button at the top of the thread until a real solution is found. This means that other helpers are more likely to notice this question and find a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-player-will-only-recognize-the-install-cd.959415/
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear good night, I have a laptop Lenovo Z50-75, it was full of viruses. At the time format from the DVD drive, I always get this message. and install updated amd and still will not recognize the unit driver. If anyone knows how help would greatly appreciate it. regards

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62453-help-does-not-recognize-dvd-drive-install.html
Relevancy 45.15%

a tad bit perplexed here I have the L701x that was given to me and tried to install both a crucial m4 ssd and a regular 7200 rpm hd.  I tried each one one at a time.  Both were recognized in bios however when installing win 7 64 bit when it got to the point to select the drive to be installed on nothing shows up.  Have tried numerous things and am about ready to run up the white flag!  Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

A:xps 17 L701x does not recognize hd on win 7 install

Is the system set for RAID mode?  If so, you'll need to put the Intel RAID driver on a flash drive, pause the install with F6 when indicated, and load that driver. 
Note: the driver requires 7 SP1 -- it will blue screen with the original 7 disc, so be sure yours has SP1 already on it.
The driver you need is here:
downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983289
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I'm having trouble trying to enabled my Windows XP Pro to read FAT filesystems.

I had to do a reinstall, and everything blew up =(

I have data in other drives but they are in FAT32.

Currently my windows can only recognize ntfs ... I can't even format in FAT...

I never had this problem before...please help; I don't know where else to look.

Thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

The files name is "Music Place", which is an application from Toshiba.
I can not find it in the desktop folder and all the programs that i have used are not able to recognize this file as existing in the desktop.
Ive tried to delete it in safe mode but it didnt work.
Ive also tried to delete it deleting icon cache.
When i make richt click on it just shows "open" and "create shortcut".
It can not be dropped in the bin or change its location.
I cant find it in the folder "namespace".

The icon after i delete the icon cache changed from a "unrecognized icon" ( this little white windows) to a folder icon.

It has no extension.

Thank you very much in advance.

A:A file in Desktop cant be deleted. Command prompt doesnt recognize it.

Long shot... Turn off "Hide protected operating system files" under "Organize"->"Folder and Search Options"->"View" and then open "desktop.ini" in the desktop folder and see if there is some kind of bogus entry for it in there. If so you can delete the entry and save the file. (You may have to change permissions on it to save)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237334-file-desktop-cant-deleted-command-prompt-doesnt-recognize.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Gigabyte G7v-rxp
XP 2200+
CoolerMaster HCC-001
2xMaxtor ATA 133 40Gig
Gforce ti 4200
256 DDR

I installed win ME w/no problem. that is what i am runnin now RAID is working but when i go to install XP it halts on blue screen and says please check for viruses or remove recently installed hard drives Ive tried everything and i cant fix it HELP PLZ

Relevancy 44.29%

Hard drive is a WD 1T. Roommate just built brand new computer and is trying to install XP. Won't recognize hard drive. When he puts the XP cd in it says "none recognized" when it goes to look for hard drive.

A:Trying to install XP won't recognize hard drive

Make sure of these things first: My Computer Won't Recognize My New Hard Drive | eHow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trying-to-install-xp-wont-recognize-hard-drive-700944.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to do a clean install of Windows XP Pro on a Dell Optiplex 740. My problem is that once I'm in the install program, I am stuck. The installation/setup program will not recognize the keyboard. I can't hit Enter, F3, R or anything.

Yes, I have tried different ports and different keyboards. I ran diagnostics and they came up clean with no problems.

These machines do not have PS/2 ports.

Any suggestions? Is there a setting that should be changed in the BIOS?

Also, the PCs do not have floppy drives so I can't boot from a Windows XP, 98 or anything else floppy either.

Relevancy 44.29%

I'm trying to install microsoft office 2003, but when i put the install disc into my D drive it won't read. There are no notifications at all, and when i try to exlpore the disc it gives me a blank screen. My D drive is playing cds and dvds as normal but it won't read this. I also know there is no problem with the disc because it reads on my friend's computer. Please help!!!

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi all,

My sister has an HP G62. I bought a Crucial M4 256gb ssd for christmas for her to help speed it up. I used the HP factory recovery disks to install the HP factory version of Windows 7 64 bit to the SSD.

But on booting up, the computer does not recognize the SSD as boot-worthy. I went into BIOS and ran a diagnostic on the SSD and that worked fine. Any idea why this might be happening? Do I have to enable some setting in BIOS to get it to recognize the SSD?

Or should I do a clean, non-HP-recovery install of Windows 7?

Thanks a million for your help.

A:Why won't my computer recognize my clean install of Win 7 on SSD?

Personally i would Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
Get rid of all the crapware and get windows the way its supposed to be

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273415-why-wont-my-computer-recognize-my-clean-install-win-7-ssd.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have win xp home sp First I installed Visual Basic enterprise edition Then I installed vb sp But I did not see any display of the quot SP quot on the VB splash screen Also help about did not indicate I had vb sp So I uninstalled it Then I installed visual studio visual basic Then I installed vb sp Then ran VB Still no quot SP quot 6 not 6 VB service pack does recognize install on the splash screen or help about like I used to have before re-installing windows and upgrading to XP home SP What do I need to do to get VB SP installed properly I ran the VB 6 does not recognize service pack 6 install vb sp from a folder on the desktop where it extracted itself and left an additional exe to run The directions from microsoft were to create a new folder and download the VB SP file and then extract it in that folder and then run the extracted file for further extraction and installation But no new files appeared in the folder only the downloaded vb sp file and the file extracted from it But it appeared to have run nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb-6-does-not-recognize-service-pack-6-install.521471/
Relevancy 44.29%

A friend gave me his old Compaq Presario computer 5700N which had a bad internal modem. I put in a new modem Agere 56k Software Modem HP156L5 with built in hardware V.92 but the computer won't recognize the modem or install it and it won't ever recognize the cd disc that comes with the modem. I tried the modem card in another slot with the same results. Please help somebody. I put this thread on yesterday, but for some reason it disappeared as did my user name and password and I had to re-register. That's strange!

A:PC won't install or recognize modem drivers

Does it or did it ever come up with a New Hardware Found wizard?

I assume the modem is not listed correctly in Device Manager?
Are there any errors or unknown or PCI Communication devices listed in Device Manager?

Maybe you should try a different modem, one with a different chipset like a U.S. Robotics modem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-install-or-recognize-modem-drivers.390934/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm a senior, not too good at this PC stuffs. – Trying to learn something new at my old age.

My HDD die on me a few weeks back. I replace it with a new HDD and did a clean install following the instructions I found at “theeldergeek.com” site. Everything went well.

But when the XP come back to life, it does not recognize it have a Samsung LCD plug into it (the same one I was using when the HDD die). I double check the BIOS it is setup correctly. I check the device manger there are no PnP monitor, b/c it does not recognize it has a LCD plug it's VAG connector it will not accept the Samsung’s driver CD no matter what I do.
What did I did wrong?

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-not-recognize-monitor-after-clean-install.739106/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I am trying to get dual boot with xp amp win se with a single segate gb parallel ata drive I reformated the drive to get win on first but now when I try to install xp it does not recognize win install will recognize win98 xp partition not partition All it sees is up to gb unknown then it wants me to format the srive I have tried gb xp will not recognize win98 partition install fat for then rest fat ntfs even unpartitioned with no luck Then using partition magic resized fat partition to gb then the rest fat ntfs even unpartitioned with no luck Tried with and without the Segate Ontrack I have done this years ago but I am having a xp will not recognize win98 partition install brain fart Also when I installed I can not install it with the boot disk or even dos disk using fdisk amp format comands It just reboots when it says checking system or something like that I have to use the segate disc to format it in fat not fat then it asks for the win floopy disc then I can install win Then I have to use partition magic to convert from fat to fat Any ideas how to get the xp amp dual boot Thanks Michael nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

i am trying to do install of Windows XP Pro on a on a new hard drve. My problem is that once I'm in the install program, I am stuck. The installation/setup program will not recognize the keyboard. I can't hit Enter, F3, R or anything.

Yes, I have tried different ports and different keyboards.

Can you Please Help????

Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I have an Aspire A10 all in one desktop just out of the box. I cannot connect to the Internet.When I click on Edge and do a search, I keep getting a message: "Can't rech this page"

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Hello-I-have-an-Aspire-A10-all-in-one-Desktop-just-out-of-the/td-p/444218
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, I have an Aspire A10 all in one desktop just out of the box. I cannot connect to the Internet.When I click on Edge and do a search, I keep getting a message: "Can't rech this page"

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Hello-I-have-an-Aspire-A10-all-in-one-Desktop-just-out-of-the/td-p/444218/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.86%

This problem has existed for YEARS, and it NEVER gets fixed. So, I see the Java Update icon appear in my Sys Tray, and proceed to install the latest ver. 1.7.67 I believe, although, I know I saw a ver. 8.xx somewhere. At any rate, it says it installed successfully REALLY? But as usual, when I try to vfy the install it's not there. Can't JAVA EVER get their act straight so it just installs seamlessly. And please don't say it works by downloading it first. I just want it to work.

A:Chromium Doesn't Recognize Java Install

See, now I just went to the Chrome help, and clicked on the "Verify Java Install" or whatever it is, and it ends up telling me to download the latest version WHICH I JUST INSTALLED, AND ALREADY HAVE!!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/340438-chromium-doesnt-recognize-java-install.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Please help! I am going out of my mind with this problem. I have three hard drives (internal), all formatted NTFS (I have also tried other files systems). The BIOS recognizes all the drives, but, when I try to install Vista (or XP), it tells me there are no drives. What am I doing wrong? What can I do?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,

I have been attempting to install my HP P2015DN USB printer (connected locally, not to a network), and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1) does not recognize the printer. There is an additional printer that I use for my PC, but this is the primary one.

I have checked various posts on these forums regarding this, but practically all of them relate to networked printers, not a single, stand alone printer. I have the correct drivers, and normally, this should not be an issue.

I would also like to add that this occurred after installing Win 7 clean, with the exception of monitor/video card drivers. I was in the process of installing all my hardware before starting with any other software.

Any assistance regarding this matter would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike T.

A:Windows 7 64-bit does not recognize HP P2015DN USB printer on install

Hi,

Have you double-checked to see that you are attempting to use the x64 driver?

HP LaserJet P2015 Printer series*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Does Windows Update attempt to install a driver automatically when you connect and turn on the printer?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/278871-windows-7-64-bit-does-not-recognize-hp-p2015dn-usb-printer-install.html
Relevancy 43.86%

New member here with XP install issue - I hope someone can help Built a new system yesterday - ASUS P C -E Deluxe flashed the latest bios version from ASUS XP Win recognize Pro RAID doesn't SATA on install website - P Ghz Mhz FSB - ASUS AGP V Video Card Win XP Pro doesn't recognize SATA RAID on install - GB Kingston Ram x - GB Seagate SATA Barracuda drives I installed the two SATA drives on the Promise Fastrack as RAID performance BIOS sees these drives Seagate's hard drive utility sees them but XP cannot Here is what I did - Booted from CD - Held F down to specifiy additional third party RAID SCSI devices - When prompted pressed 'S' and loaded latest drivers from quot floppy from ASUS web site - Setup loaded the WinXP drivers from floppy - Pressed enter to continue setup - Setup then continued to load a plethora of addtional drivers from CD including other SCSI drivers - Once I got to the screen to hit enter to continue setup I received the quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer quot and it gave me the F option to quit setup I'm a bit baffled as to why the XP setup process won't utilize the driver I specified earlier Any ideas Thanks

A:Win XP Pro doesn't recognize SATA RAID on install

Solution found! You must use the motherboard utilities CD that comes with the board to create the FastTrack 378 RAID device driver diskette. This will correctly be read by XP and let you continue the installation.

The drivers from the ASUS site will not work, you must use the CD.
Simply run the makedisk utility from the 378 RAID folder and you'll be set! :cheers:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-pro-doesnt-recognize-sata-raid-on-install-7609.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So a few months ago I was infected with spyware that appeared on my taskbar as a notice that quot your computer is infected download windows antispyware quot and it wouldn't go away originally it wouldn't even let me use hijack this or spybot following instructions on a different site i managed to rid myself cannot anything, ipod, slow. recognize and install extremely won't of the pesky popups and was able to use my programs again however something leads me to believe there's still something lurking in my computer My windows installer doesn't seem to be working and i can't install anything Also my computer no longer recognizes my ipod when i plug it in furthermore my computer is running extremely slow All of this began around the same time the icon in the taskbar did so i'm wondering if there's a connection and if there's anything i can do about it thanks for all your help here's my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode cannot install anything, won't recognize ipod, and extremely slow. Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss cannot install anything, won't recognize ipod, and extremely slow. exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrUI exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files iolo System Mechanic SMSystemAnalyzer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files The Weather Channel FW Desktop DesktopWeather exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Documents and Settings JACKIY O'MALLEY Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitdm exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C PROGRA Webshots webshots scr C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www shtcc net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Octh Class - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AVG Safe Search - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLL file missing O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files googl... Read more

A:cannot install anything, won't recognize ipod, and extremely slow.

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/cannot-install-anything-wont-recognize-ipod-and-extremely-slow-325554.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am having several problems with Vista install program Vista recognize discs not does the most annoying being that it will not recognize if I put an installation disc in the DVD DCRom drive I have restored my original configuration removed recommended registry settings and still no luck My example is when I installed my MS Office no problem But when I try to install Turbo Tax Trend Micro AntiVirus or Webroot SpySweeper it doesn t register that there is even a disc in the drive If I use Explorer to search the E drive I get the prompt window to insert a Vista does not recognize program install discs disc in the E drive There is Vista does not recognize program install discs a disc already there The drive does work if I put in a movie DVD or my MS Office Enterprise disc It Vista does not recognize program install discs always boots in protected mode even after recovery I get the blue HP screen with the options to use the Boot Menu f or f Recover I believe I have to let it sit there for about minutes literally and then it will boot fine The start up has been an issue for a couple months I am not sure how long the install problem has been there I know that we can play movies on the DVD drive nbsp

A:Vista does not recognize program install discs

What other software do you have that installs CD/DVD drivers? Some examples are Daemon Tools, Alcohol, UltraIso, MagicIso, DVDInfo Pro, burning programs, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-does-not-recognize-program-install-discs.671566/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently upgraded to a new motherboard and have completed repair installs in the past without problems. I have backed up my c: drive in several places. I have a new drive that booted windows with the old board.

Once I have the new board in place when I try to do the repair install WIndows does not recognize a previous installation. It sees the windows directory and that is it. How do I troubleshoot this? I redid the reapir install....same results.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp3-repair-install-wont-recognize-windows-installation.899163/
Relevancy 43.86%

Please Help! I have just redone my computer and I am stumped! My USB ports will not recognize my palm/camcorder/camera only my printer (HP970CSE) it doesn't even beep when I plug them in. I installed the drivers from the cd's of the devices. They worked on my old comp. Here is what I have:
Win XP Pro
2 80G maxtor HD
CD+-/DVD+- Burner Lite-On
Biostar TForce 6100 Motherboard Socket 754
AMD Sempron 64 2800
SYBA Firewire Card
I have 4 USB's on the back and 2 on the front
Palm Tungsten T5
Canon Powershot S110
Canon Optura 60

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-only-recognize-printer-and-no-other-devices-w-new-install.42020/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just completed building my own PC from scratch. I am trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate OS 64 bit. The Bios is recognizing my western digital Hard drive, but once Windows 7 tries to install it is not recognizing my Hard drive. It is asking me to install the driver for the hard drive. Is there some other setting I should be changing in the Bios to have the OS recognize my hard drive. What exactly is Raid and AHCI Sata Mode and should this be set to default. The Motherboard comes with a driver CD, but it says to install and OS 1st. Help ASAP would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A:Windows 7 Install won't recognize my hard drive.

One option Im sure some one will frown upon but it worked for me on my Lenovo T500 was to turn AHCI to Compatibility Mode and then try it. Otherwise you will need the raid/SATA drivers from your computer manufacturer on a flash drive to install Windows 7 (Press F6 during Setup start).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296047/windows-7-install-wont-recognize-my-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just purchased a brand new dell dimensions computer with windows xp pre-installed and I am having trouble with the install wizard It won t allow me to burn any cd s or recognize that I media removeable recognize Install wizard won't have removeable media i e cd-rom drives I ve tried running my files and Install wizard won't recognize removeable media settings transfer wizard but cannot complete it b c I can t burn a cd of the program for my old computer it doesn t allow me that option I also tried installing new hardware a usb to serial cable When asked to insert the hardware cd into the drive nothing is being registered Also I ran into the same problem when trying to network my computers it asks me to burn a cd to run on the old computer but won t allow me the option b c it doesn t recognize my cd drive I ve used the cd drives not only to watch dvd s and listen to music but burn cds as well so I know that the drives work Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-wizard-wont-recognize-removeable-media.434634/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok, i've been doing some searching and it seems like my problem is a little unique. I was running Vista 32 bit last year with 2 gigs of ram. I upgraded to 7 pro 64 bit because i knew i was going to be upgrading to 4 gigs eventually. I bought the 4 gigs and installed them. I restarted my computer and the system picked them up. I don't think there was any issues as much as i can remember. Everything was up to date.

I recently had to do a clean install on my system. When i did this, my computer seems to only recognize 2 gigs of ram again, like i never upgraded before. I still have them in there, took them out, swapped them, and it still is showing 2 gigs in my computer as well as the BIOS. The Bios is updated, so i don't know what to do. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

A:Clean Install doesn't recognize Upgraded Ram

Try one stick at a time, trying one slot at a time. Then do the same with the other stick. If the result is that one or the other sticks does not work in one or neither slot, you could have a bad slot or a bad stick, depending on result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clean-install-doesnt-recognize-upgraded-ram.987313/
Relevancy 43.86%

I know that this has been beaten like a dead horse but specific instructions would help me greatly!

I am trying to install XP on a Gateway NX570X laptop with a Western Digital (WD800BEVS-22LAT0) 80GB Scorpio hard drive. Drive currently has Vista on it and my boss (owner of laptop) finds it unacceptable. I've tried downloading the XP hard drive controller from Gateway, I've tried downloading a generic xp controller driver from WD. I can't find a Scorpio driver on WD's site. The BIOS (PhoenixBios v. 77.12) recognizes the SATA drive. This is just about to drive me crazy.

I have tried to use the WD drivers with the F6 but the install still doesn't see the drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sp-install-doesnt-recognize-hard-drive.617814/
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently bought a new printer because the old one would not print. Now the new one will not either it has to be the machine. Possible malware issues. Should I run a HTJ and a Combo Fix then try reinstalling.?

A:Newly installed lexmark printer wont print. I think we have a malware issue that wont let it install.

Before you installed the second printer, did you totally uninstall the first?If this is a USB printer, did you install the software first before plugging in and turning the printer on?We can run a quick scan to double check---------------The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221314/newly-installed-lexmark-printer-wont-print-i-think-we-have-a-malware-issue-that-wont-let-it-install/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just purchased an ACER ASpire R13 at costco and am looking to use it as my desktop also.  I wanted to know what equipment is recommended to do this, docking station, additional external hard drive, etc. and any tips/advice on setting it up.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:ACER Aspire R13 set up as desktop

I'd start with a Mediasonic docking station, external keyboard, mouse/trackball. USB DVD BluRay burner, external GB drive for backup, two 24" monitors, and a wired gigabit line. That is what I have.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/ACER-Aspire-R13-set-up-as-desktop/td-p/425546/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone, Iam joe607 and i have a aspire z1620 desktop and when i tried to do a restore with a valid date the whole system crashed.now it wont reboot at all. shows error corupt files. Have no reboot disk because of all in oneshow can i reboot the operating system?  Error status just occured 0xc000014c and also says failed because of system registry files missing or corrupt?  wow news update found a web site which needed a SNID code,entered it and found trouble shooting tips.. push alt and f10 during start up did a complete recovery and it started windows all over again with total software installation.seems to be installing as we speek. thanks for reading and hope to chat some more

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/aspire-z1620-desktop/td-p/434259
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I have upgrated  my desktop to Win10 and now when rebooted after the upgrade it directly goes to my kids account and I am not able to get in to the Windows. There is no option to log in. There is a message: "you can't log in at the moment because of the timelimitation on your account. Try later once again". The only option I have is to click "ok".I tried to swich off and on again, same issue. Please help. I am not able to get into the main account at all.  

A:Aser Aspire desktop

Try hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose either Switch User or Sign Out from the menu. That should get you to the welcome screen where you can select a different user at lower left. If that doesn't work you probably have the main user account disabled. You might be able to reenable that account by using User Accounts, you'll need an administrator password to bypass the restrictions on the kids account.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aser-Aspire-desktop/td-p/437975
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to install a wireless Lan in my desktop. Which card is compatible with my PCIe slot? Also where is my slot? If someone has an image, could you please post. Any help would be greatfully accepted.

A:I have an Acer Aspire xc 603 G desktop.

these are the official Wlan model from Acer:WLAN AR5B22 2T2R COMBOMPCIE LP EXTERNAL DA.10211.00XLite-On Lite-On WCBN611AH WLAN 2T2R Combo+mPCIe with Low Profile+External Antenna  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-xc-603-G-desktop/td-p/445041/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.86%

I want to install a wireless Lan in my desktop. Which card is compatible with my PCIe slot? Also where is my slot? If someone has an image, could you please post. Any help would be greatfully accepted.

A:I have an Acer Aspire xc 603 G desktop.

these are the official Wlan model from Acer:WLAN AR5B22 2T2R COMBOMPCIE LP EXTERNAL DA.10211.00XLite-On Lite-On WCBN611AH WLAN 2T2R Combo+mPCIe with Low Profile+External Antenna  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-xc-603-G-desktop/td-p/445041
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I have upgrated  my desktop to Win10 and now when rebooted after the upgrade it directly goes to my kids account and I am not able to get in to the Windows. There is no option to log in. There is a message: "you can't log in at the moment because of the timelimitation on your account. Try later once again". The only option I have is to click "ok".I tried to swich off and on again, same issue. Please help. I am not able to get into the main account at all.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aser-Aspire-desktop/td-p/437975/jump-to/first-unread-message