Windows Support Forum

hi i bought the hp au006tx version of the laptop.can i upgra...

Q: hi i bought the hp au006tx version of the laptop.can i upgra...

hi i bought the hp au006tx laptop.i want to upgrade my internal hdd to ssd.is my latop upgradable?i have Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD.is this compatible with my laptop.kindly reply me.my laptop model is hp au006tx.it has 8gb ram,1tb hdd,4gb nvidia 940mx graphics.i want to replace that 1 tb hdd with 500gb samsung model ssd as mentioned above.tell me whether my laptop is compatible with that samsung 850 evo 2.5inch sata III internal ssd 500gb.kindly reply me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hi-i-bought-the-hp-au006tx-version-of-the-laptop-can-i/td-p/5729090
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: hi i bought the hp au006tx version of the laptop.can i upgra...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.91%

i have been using the free version of superantispyware for a while now and have really liked it. it has recently come to my attention that i need a real time AV program as i have been getting crazy stuff lately and don't like it. i will admit that i don't know my stuff here so any recommendations would be great. to me it seems like SAS is the best deal but i don't even know the first thing about these things, and i know now that i should, so research it is.

PS to be honest i don't even know if SAS is an antivirus or if an antispyware is the same thing, cuz i know malware is different..... so if i am getting things wrong here i apologize.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi

Would some kind soul please give me an idiots guide to completely removing bought version of AVG please (including what happens if?) and where to go and how to download free AVAST or other AV that doesn?t take a degree in using (would have to include a Firewall as I need it) please as I need a new AV and no idea how to do this myself. Usually pay people to do it for me but I thought I?d have a go myself this time.

I would really appreciate your help especially as I know very little about how to do techy things on the computer. Thank you so much

dd

---------------------------------------------------------
Win XP V. 2002 SP 3 HP Pavilion Pentium R 4 CPU 280 GHz 280 GHz 960 Mb RAM

A:AVG bought version removal

The correct way to remove AVG 2011 is through its program folder via Start > All Programs or by using Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7.An alternative way is to download and run the latest AVG installation file. When the AVG Installer windows appears choose the option to Remove and click Continue to allow the AVG 2011 uninstaller to run. Restart the computer when done.If the above does not work, you can download and use AVG's uninstall/cleanup utility (AVG Remover) provided in the AVG 2011+9.0+8.x Uninstall/Re-Install Instructions. After restarting and removing the folders, stop where instructed to Stop here if not re-installing.AVG Remover eliminates all the parts of your AVG installation from your computer, including registry items, installation files, user files, etc. AVG Remover is the last option to be used in case the AVG uninstall / repair installation process has failed repeatedly.AVG RemoverIf you still have difficulty uninstalling AVG, download and use Opswat AppRemover.IMPORTANT NOTE: Before removing your existing anti-virus, you should download and save the setup file for the anti-virus you are going to replace it with. You should the same if you are going to reinstall AVG. After doing that, disconnect from the Internet, uninstall your anti-virus, reboot and then install the replacement. Reboot again to ensure it is working properly before reconnecting to the Internet.avast! Free Antivirusavast! Free Antivirus featuresavast! Documentation & User Manuals

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/405398/avg-bought-version-removal/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just paid a **** load of money for Studio Version 10 and can download but i cant see anything after that. How do I check to see what version of video card that i have? It requires directX9. i am using a Dell GX260. All other requirments are met and video is the only thing that I can think of. HELP....

DDMKN

A:Bought studio 500 PCI Version 10

Just type your laptop name into google you'll find the specs on there somewhere. Also what is the exact error that comes. up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-studio-500-pci-version-10.57646/
Relevancy 55.9%

I BROUGHT HP 15-AU006TX LAPTOP 1 WEEK AGO. IT GETTING HOT WITHOUT USING (BY KEEPING LAPTOP ON). THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WITH LAPTOP HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE. OR IT IS COMMOM FOR LAPTOP. THE LAPTOP GETTING HOT ON RIGHT SIDE OF THE TOUCHPAD.PLEASE REPLAY ME, WHAT IS THE SOULUTION.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/15-AU006TX-GETTING-HOT/td-p/5803114
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello guys, I am planning to buy the HP Pavilion 15-au006tx. Wanted to know whether this has an M.2 Slot to add a Boot SSD? -Jenson

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavilion 15-au006tx M.2 SSD upgrade possible?

We get this question a lot and right now I cannot advise anyone to buy an HP laptop with the idea of adding an M.2 drive to it when it did not ship with one. There are a couple long-running threads here, one of which seems to have concluded that on certain models the M.2 port is disabled in the BIOS, and another has shown that a model which shows an M.2 slot in the Service manual in fact has no such slot. See p. 34 of the Service Manual: Manual It appears from this Manual that you can have either an M.2 mSSD or a hard drive since it refers to an SSD board and cable. It's also clear that if you can use an M.2 mSSD you are limited to the SATA variety, which has no speed advantage over a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. I would buy it, since the specs are very good and swap the 1 TB 5400 rpm HDD for a 1 TB SATA-III SSD and if 1 TB is not enough storage for you consider putting the 1 TB HDD in an optical caddy. Who uses a DVD drive these days, anyway? If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-15-au006tx-M-2-SSD-upgrade-possible/td-p/5726637
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought a fujitsu s6231 notebook computer. It had a non-valid copy of windows vista. I want to install a copy of Windows XP Pro, so it is back to its RTM state. But when I boot from the disk, it says it cant read the disc or the disc is not a genuine Windows disc. I can assure you it is valid. so I researched and came to the conclusion that i need to wipe the hard drive and boot from the disc again. Am I correct? i also downloaded all the drivers I need, but how will i install these drivers on the notebook? unfortunately, I cannot get my money back for the notebook. I would appreciate any advice on this, I think Im going to use Darik's Noot and Nuke to wipe the hard drive and start over, is this a good idea?

A:Bought a notebook computer online and it came with a pirated version of windows vista home basic

use a flash drive and install the drivers and i dont think boot and nuke is necesary you can if you want but when you reinstall windows it will format it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/308972/bought-a-notebook-computer-online-and-it-came-with-a-pirated-version-of-windows-vista-home-basic/
Relevancy 53.75%

Volume of my laptop automatically decreases... Cant hear anything from speaker... Very very low sound is coming.. Pls give me a solution.. Sometimes it worls good.. But again the same problem.. The volume decreases very very low.. No hearable...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-pavilion-15-au006tx-Volume-automatically-decreses-after/td-p/5786116
Relevancy 52.46%

i recently bought a used toshiba sattelite laptop while out of town - got it back home and found that its password protected, o.s. is windows xp home, how do i get around this ?

A:i recently bought a used toshiba sattelite laptop - help... password protected laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-recently-bought-a-used-toshiba-sattelite-laptop-help-password-protected-laptop.529235/
Relevancy 51.6%

two week ago my father bought this old acer laptop from someone who needed money I just found out that clearing need my father help the bought laptop, an Acer laptop old the PC perfomer installed inside says it has errors and its the at the my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop ''Mauvais'' stage in french Yes my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop my laptop is in french The laptop is an Acer laptop who has these stickers on it saying quot Intel Atom Inside quot quot Designated for Microsoft Windows XP quot quot energy star quot On two of the corners of the laptop is imprinted Aspire one What Im looking for is for the laptop to be just as if I just bought it from the store erasing most of the stuff without actually deleting some of the important stuff like Google Chrome Microsoft Word Paint and similar programs I don't own any usb drives except a really small one that is about two gigs or any disc drive thing I dont have much experience in computers nor can have contact with a tech savvy at the moment so please explain to me deeply what to do Also I did not browse the site So I do not know if a topic like this was already made Or if this is a the right place but yea help anyone

A:my father bought an old Acer laptop, need help clearing the laptop

The older Aspire Ones are unlikely to have drivers to let them run on Win 7 and XP's end of life is 04/08/2014. I had two Acer Aspire Ones and both were garbage (as were the Acer desktop, keyboard and mouse I had). Personally, I don't feel it's worth messing with. Hopefully, your father can get his money back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269179-my-father-bought-old-acer-laptop-need-help-clearing-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

the label on the dvd: application and driver recovery dvd. contains software and drivers already installed. for software reinstallation and repair only. is it to be inserted in the tray to recover all the programs,files,data,music,videos,documents,etc. after running a system recovery prompted up by the computer,by hp?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/what-is-the-dvd-which-comes-with-the-hp-laptop-when-i-bought/td-p/5657420
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok so today I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-NS J from Abt Electronics It has great specs i thought for a laptop it has a GHZ processor Gigs of Ram and blue ray and all It runs vista which I hate but my wife likes it So i started it up and noticed it takes like to startup at least as where my Dell E which i just restored to XP takes about seconds Also I have noticed the internet is kinda slow and choppy to I have tried to uninstall alot of the crapware and think I got it all laptop.... just I this bought but still a lil slow I bought this for my wife to be able to Multi-task as she plays a game called Second Life and this computer cant even seem to Rez the graphics which makes no sense because my year old laptop can rez them I was just wanting to know do you guys think a fresh copy of Vista not the Sony version would make this run better OR is their a way to fix these problems Thanks you guys Toby Mac

A:I just bought this laptop....

Hi -

No difference between the "Sony version" of Vista and Vista. I don't see a re-install of Vista helping on a system < 24 hours old.

Did the system come with an Internet Security package like Norton or Mcafee? This is the most likely culprit. If existence of such, it must be taken out w/ removal tool. Program un-install won't do it.

Let me take quick look at sys info - run msinfo32 and save as NFO file -
START | msinfo32 | save as default NFO file

Zip it up and attach to next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-just-bought-this-laptop-344425.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just bought this new MSI gaming laptop https www pccasegear com products rd-pro- in-core-i -gaming-notebook- qf- au I got it with an extra GB of RAM fitted for free total GB and they also knocked off the price and they also gave me a laptop bag for free too The bag is fairly crappy but it is well padded and will be OK for my old Dell laptop I tried to get Win Bought Just A New Laptop Msi Pro but they wouldn t chuck that in for free so I will see how Win Home goes before I upgrade The company I work for usually buys Toshiba but the biggest screen I could get was only quot and I wanted bigger plus I wanted a lot more performance at a reasonable price We have also had a couple of MSI laptops in our interstate office and they have been problem free Based on our prior good experience with MSI and also the year warranty is much better than the ASUS and Gigabyte offering with only a month return to base warranty I am still setting things up but first impressions are it is much faster than my old Dell Inspiron R SE Special Edition Turbo Series I will let you know how it is Just Bought A New Msi Laptop after a few days use My old Dell http www notebookcheck net Review-Dell-Inspiron- R-SE- -Notebook html is a few years old now and has done a lot of work and in the last two months has started Just Bought A New Msi Laptop to have serious intermittent overheating problems even after a good clean out with the compressor and then cleaning and replacing the thermal paste it still has the intermittent problem so now it sits on a notebook cooler base with fans to keep it cool I swapped over the battery with a new one but still the overheating problem occurs so I put the old battery back and conclude that there is an intermittent mobo problem Also there are several keys on the keyboard that have stopped working namely the the right the left and the down arrow keys as well as the right side Alt key and the right side shift key I use the numeric keypad for arrows now but the Alt and Shift keys are still a nuisance and because it is the Special Edition it has a different backlit keyboard that I can t find a direct replacement that is for sale in Australia I will hang on to the Dell for a while as an emerency standby but its days are numbered One other good thing I have already noticed about the MSI is that it is nearly kg lighter nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/just-bought-a-new-msi-laptop.311062/
Relevancy 49.88%

LOL well I bought it / Bad I A Bought Have Laptop... Egg new its not so much have I bought a bad laptop in the I bought it second hand off E-Bay and now that bargain is coming back to haunt me sense its more along the lines of everything seems to be going wrong with it Now admittedly it is my first laptop but I m a veteran of the desktop PC and in all honesty I can t see why there would be too great a difference between them so let me fill you in on the detail and why I think its a Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop... bad egg I ve had the laptop for under days bought as a Christmas present The laptop is listed as having MB of shared Video Memory expandable to MB which I ve still not figured out how to Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop... do yet when it Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop... came to running a game which required MB of Video Memory as a pre-install condition I was told I wasn t able to install the game as I only had MB of video memory Running AIDA my two RAM sticks are recognised as MB each yet when it comes to the overview screen which totals the RAM it tallys to MB instead of MB I ve been unable to play Counter-Strike from it it runs I might enjoy one game then I m cut down by the now infamous WSAEINTR error its commonly attributed to some defect in the Winsock area but the speculative remedies I ve tried have failed to rectify the problem As of today my HD appears to be failing it was a very sudden thing had no troubles up to this point but earlier today I was watching an avi stored on my HD and at a couple points the sound became rather bitty I ran a game afterwards which had previously ran fine and the system seemed to be struggling to cope with its requirements exited to see if I had inadvertantly left something in place which was zapping my RAM I found nothing then I was hit with one of those Blue screens which reported a Critical Error and forced me to unclip my battery to get a restart now ever since restarting XP takes FOREVER to load up from the boot screen and when it gets to the Welcome screen and the wav plays it is all broken up as if its unable to be read from the HD if I run games then things like the sounds on them experience the same break ups and the game is unable to run smoothly now I can hear that faint clicking noise that I ve had when previous desktop HDs have failed on me and that falls in line with the super-extended boot up time I m experiencing Burning DVDs off from the laptop struggles its an speed Dual Layer drive and when it comes to burning off a DVD which is stored as an img on my HD the quoted time will be something like min but it then manages to go on burning for minutes or so could that have been an early sign of my HDs demise As a last point the laptop was a customer return but for the reason that they realised it wouldn t meet their demands for a gaming machine very shortly after buying it I know they re all minor points but culmulatively and given whats happened they ve been given a little more significance Should I be taking this back to the store and asking for a replacement given that it was purchased on rd December or am I resigned to dealing with Gateway who manufacture the laptop Also do any of the problems listed above really indicate where a specific problem lies Responses are much appreciated nbsp

A:Have I Bought A Bad Egg / Laptop...

I'd take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-i-bought-a-bad-egg-laptop.432535/
Relevancy 49.88%

Finally got a laptop but now what? What else do I need to purchase to get internet at home? Help me! Do I really need a docking station?

Relevancy 49.88%

i believe it has a bug if i buy new windows software reboot and reload will the bug go away?

Relevancy 49.88%

it has a athlon dual core QL-60 i dont know the exact speed of these i believe they are a 1.3 or 1.6 gigHrz is this fast enough to run windows 7

it is currently running vista

A:just bought a laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by bigbobbarker

it has a athlon dual core QL-60 i dont know the exact speed of these i believe they are a 1.3 or 1.6 gigHrz is this fast enough to run windows 7

yes its fast enough but,how much ram do you have? sorry should have read your lappy's specs

welcome to the worlg of win 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/63734-just-bought-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Well, just bought a new laptop from the trading post. Met the guy and everything worked perfectly. Got home, tried to open up my email, and I am blocked by "k9 web protection".

I have tried calling the guy and I get no answer. No idea where he lives. Is there any way to get past this program until I can get it fixed someway?

I don't want to spend alot of money getting it taken off by a computer store unless that is the last resort.

Someone please help. I use my laptop alot for business purposes and this is putting a stranglehold on my progress as of late.

Thanks,

Bill.

A:Just bought a new laptop..

Hi Bill, welcome to TSF

If you've got the guy's phone number, keep trying to contact him for the password, as this is needed to uninstall K9.

The forum rules don't allow us to help with bypassing security settings.

Quote:

From the rules: "You may not ask for assistance to circumvent restrictions or security on any computer system or network.

You could try contacting K9's Support team at http://www1.k9webprotection.com/support/index.php. Obviously, the whole point of security software is to keep unauthorised people out of the system, so they might not be able to help you without proof of ownership.

EDIT: If it's only blocking your ability to read your email, you could go onto another computer, set up a webmail account (google, yahoo, etc), then redirect your regular email to the webmail account which you can view in your browser on the new laptop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/just-bought-a-new-laptop-403188.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i bought a laptop today from office depot. the box was opened to show me what it looked like b/c it was on clearance & there was no display.

it has a few dings on it, which is fine by me b/c i only paid $400 for an $800 machine. well, i was cleaning it off b/c i hate a lot of the programs that come w/ a new one & i noticed there are things installed @ different dates. for example, there are programs that were installed in november 2011 & then again on april 2012.

is that normal? i've got 14 days to return this.

thanks!

Relevancy 49.88%

Came installed with vista basic, the owner must have done hd wipe before shipping it out. What are my option right now? I've tried doing a vista recovery, but it doesn't recognize that there's a hd. It's a Toshiba satellite L355-S7915 I'd appreciate any help, about ready to start pulling my hair out.

A:Bought new laptop...

rule #1 NEVER buy a laptop used.

now saying that, it seems like you will be out another 100-200$ depending on what operating system you wish to go purchase. amazon has xp for around 75$.

i recommend you buy a new os disk and just format and install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399786/bought-new-laptop/
Relevancy 49.02%

I hope I am allowed to post this I bought a laptop on Ebay and I think I may have a problem with a virus but I am not sure Here is my HJT log I am new at this so if you can help Bought on Please This Help! Ebay! Laptop I would greatly appreciate it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT Bought This Laptop on Ebay! Please Help! system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT System Ati evxx exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exeC Program Files America Online aoltray exeC Program Files America Online waol exeC Program Files America Online shellmon exeC Program Files Common Files Aol aoltpspd exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC FFDownloadshere HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page C Program Files AOL Toolbar welcome htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by America OnlineO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo Common YIeTagBm dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dllO - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dllO - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exeO - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exeO - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection quot C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk disabledO - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exeO - Global Startup AOL Companion lnk disabledO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk disabledO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTMLO - Extra c... Read more

A:Bought This Laptop on Ebay! Please Help!

Your log doesn't look badIf you could do thisPlease run these two online scans. Make sure they are set to clean automatically:TrendMicro's HouseCallActiveScanYou should try to delete any files that these scanners are unable to clean. Then let us know if its working better and what the scans found.Then scan again with HijackThis and post another log. along with the av logs if it could not clean somethingLobos

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21175/bought-this-laptop-on-ebay-please-help/
Relevancy 49.02%

About months ago i purchased a Toshiba Satellite U Laptop How Back How I Bought To Get It? To My Laptop Gig Ram Intel Core Duo Processer Vista Business It started out fine but months down the track it started How To Get My Laptop Back To How I Bought It? to play up Windows Media Player would take too long to load parts of a movie when i click along the bar while watching it Then movies often weren't being able to be played on WMP When I'm gaming i used to experience no lag at all it was perfect But suddenly it all changed an i lag so bad I also wanna remove all traces and thing of previously uninstalled software im quite OCD A few other things play up as well which is why i would like to find a way to go back to how i bought the laptop I bought it brand new with Vista Business Pre Installed onto it I just want to get back to how i bought it I think theres something like recovery discs or something I'm good at computer but just not into this much detail can anyone help me PLEASE Thanks

A:How To Get My Laptop Back To How I Bought It?

Hello iSmokeJesus, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You can do this to format your hard drive and restore it back to factory settings like the day you first got it.

1. Insert the Recovery disc for Vista into the drive.
2. Restart the laptop and press F12 key when you see the Toshiba logo on the screen.
3. Select CD/DVD drive from the boot menu.
4. Press OK and wait until the laptop boots from the DVD.
5. Select "Recovery to factory defaults" and press OK. It will take some time to reimage the hard dive.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/223978-how-get-my-laptop-back-how-i-bought.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I just bought an ACER laptop running windows 7 home premium--it has what I need. I haven't turned it on or started it up. Any suggestions on what do before I start? I have a blank DVD ready to burn. I have heard about "decrapfier" and am quite tech savy. On other computers, I have immediately run a deleted file recovery program that showed what folder/files were removed on brand-new startup. Thank You--Dennis

A:Bought new laptop--what is next step?

Hi Dennis. . .

Boot the system, follow the screens. Once you reach Desktop, allow all Windows Updates to install -

www.update.microsoft.com

If there are OEM pre-installed apps you want to remove, use Revo Free - Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

If the system came with a trial Internet Security Suite - get rid of it using app manufacturer's removal tool -

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Reboot upon completion. Install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Enjoy Windows 7!

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bought-new-laptop-what-is-next-step-545895.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently bought this laptop and have been able to install all drivers except for the graphics  driver. As it said the system doesn't meet minimum requirements. I am attaching the minimum requirement and also the error that is showing . please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-bought-a-new-laptop-quot-HP-BE-005tu-quot-and-I-am-not/td-p/5798605
Relevancy 49.02%

Just bought a Maxnote 8120 can anyone give me some information on it. IE like what kinda ram it takes and how to change the video settings from 8meg to 32meg. Also know of compatibitity? I need a battery for it I think that is what the light is tellin me.

Relevancy 49.02%

Installing win 7 pro 64 bit, on laptop i just bought, it came with win 8.1 installed, and now i have formatted the drive but cant install win 7 because it says: Load Driver: a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver ... insert it now
- u cant see my harddisk, but when you browse u can se c drcie and x drive, please help

A:Installing win 7 pro 64 bit, on laptop i just bought

and there is no dvd or cd drive in my laptop, cant install with usb or extarnel dvd drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/362126-installing-win-7-pro-64-bit-laptop-i-just-bought.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Bought a new Sony laptop with Vista Business loaded, I was not given the backup CD with the sale.
The salesperson told me that all new systems sold now do not include the O/S CD, is this true?
I do have the product key, would I need to go to the MS downloads site to burn a copy?

A:Bought New Laptop, Was Not Given Vista Cd

Your computer might have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive instead of a recovery CD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88213/bought-new-laptop-was-not-given-vista-cd/
Relevancy 49.02%
A:So upset! Bought a new laptop and,...

If you want to try again without swearing and in paragraphs then please feel free, if not then please don't.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298807-so-upset-bought-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop has windows 7 starter and I need help installing programs.I already installed an antivirus program (avira free).I installed malwarebytes,superantispyware,and it came with windows defender.is windows defender good or should i uninstall it? also I want to know,is windows firewall good enough? if not, i might install zonealarm. also is there any website for programs from security to games that's available for a windows 7 starter laptop? thanks

A:I just bought an ASUS eee PC laptop.Need help!

I would suggest MSE for complete coverage -

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Supplement with on-line scanners if need be. I would not advise installation of Zone Alarm.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-just-bought-an-asus-eee-pc-laptop-need-help-481058.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi ill upload the minidump but really please help since i got this laptop its like getting bsods everyday heres the spec

i7-4700mq 2.40ghz

gtx 780m

32gb ram

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

and the bsods mainly was about IRQL not less or equal sometimes service expection its like every time of bsods i experinced :( so please help XD

A:i keep getting BSODS per day since i bought this laptop

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)bug check.

This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

We have barely any info from the dump itself, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier. Before doing so however, ensure you have the latest video card drivers via the manufacturers website. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.
Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

If your OS became corrupt or you cannot boot into Windows after disabling verifier via Safe Mode:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifie... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/i-keep-getting-bsods-per-day-since-i-bought-this-laptop-777898.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I had been trying to use a borrowed one (from my brother), but gave it back, per your instructions.
This one seems fine, but I think there's some stuff that shouldn't be there. I appreciate your help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 520 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 2038 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152524 MB, Free - 123280 MB; E: Total - 1907695 MB, Free - 1080332 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30C6
Antivirus: Ad-Aware Antivirus, Disabled

Relevancy 49.02%

I bought a new ssd for my laptop since my old hard drive died.

There is no os on it.

If I can get an oem windows 7 cd, can I use the window 7 oa key on the bottom of my laptop to activate windows 7?

If not, what are my options?

Relevancy 49.02%

sony vaio. i did create a recovery disk but i would like to have a stright windows 7 cd. if i ever have to reinstall i dont want all the junk software. can i buy one from microsoft? im not trying to steal something. i already have a product key under my new laptop.

also. any good sites i can check out to learn 7? i skipped vista so its all new to me.

any tips will also be helpful too
edit:
its windows 7 home premium 64 bit

A:bought a laptop with windows 7. no OS cd came with it

Hello jmichael99, welcome to Seven Forums!

Seven Forums is "The Best Windows Site 2009" there's no need for another.

As you have a key, do you have a friend that will let you use their install disk if need be?

Start by having a look through our extensive tutorials section at the link below.

Tutorials - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/67445-bought-laptop-windows-7-no-os-cd-came.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Just got a new HP laptop, and there's ton of programs that are probably useless. Any hints on what to remove. In paticular, is any of the MediaSmat stuff required, or should I purge it all?

A:Just bought HP Laptop - what to uninstall?

I would not suggest removing everything, here is a program that targets the crapware http://www.pcdecrapifier.com/features

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Just-bought-HP-Laptop-what-to-uninstall/td-p/315803
Relevancy 49.02%

Instead of sending the activation code to my sign-in email it was sent to my reserve email which no longer exists on the system I sent the new telephone number this has been changed but I am still Live bought Office but were I out bought of my and 365, computer, telephone my both logged account, into date. the email not able to open any of my Office applications Yet I will be charged the renewal from the date I put in the product key When one has a product key and then signs in to Live why does this then not activate Why when you have changed to my new telephone number have you not sent me an activation code With my reserve email dead you do not allow me to change it The only other email I use is Gmail they are much better than Windows Live I only use Windows Live to allow me to put new programmes I bought my computer, bought Office 365, logged into my Live account, but both the email and telephone were out of date. onto my computer and as usual ten days later I have no use of the programme I bought So typically Windows I have used you since the day you began what went wrong You used to function once These last years have been hell I wish I had bought an Apple computer and changed everything to Apple Each time I buy a new laptop these same issues come up Please give me access to the Windows Office I bought and put on my computer Jeffery Frederick Harold Windsor-Sezibwan-Rurikovich-Schiewe

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8bfadd1-e7c9-4f99-bb63-1be5a56c8d8e/i-bought-my-computer-bought-office-365-logged-into-my-live-account-but-both-the-email-and?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 48.59%

Re Most hassle free non-geek-friendly anti-virus with built in firewall One which once acquired will work without intruding on me ever again Here s the story Just bought a used laptop Win-XP Prior to purchase I d asked seller if there s a anti-virus downloaded I should have asked if there s an updated one downloaded Now I see the last AVG update was Feb Oh great so i m vulnerable again Besides the laptop I have another tiny inch thinkpad that s in its death throes and quot antiquated quot Dell desktop that became frozen read on Some background re frozen desktop the last time I posted here I d had problems with probable virus or Trojan on my desktop that happened while Avast shoved a new version in my face causing me to UnInstall the old Avast since it was quite unclear to me if I could keep the current Avast while downloading the update Avast s auto-prompts 2007 used laptop it - Solved: bought AVG only on see had seemed to assume everyone s a wiz and knows this anyway since then my desktop kept getting slower amp slower and now it s frozen I d posted my issue on Techguy and was advised to F to Boot so as to avoid a complete Reinstallation I went thru that whole process but stuff wasn t working So approx weeks ago I tried restoring the desktop to approx the June restore point months ago but far from helping it got worse For example the Avast Icon developed a Red-X as well as Firefox becoming frozen Explorer-browser had been frozen from the start of the F boot process Maybe the Red-X and the FF freeze happened because Avast amp FF were running while I did the Restore I also had ZA on it so it could be that ZA and Avast and the Restore process were all at odds with each other Anyway I got fed up and bought this refurb I m terrified of being vulnerable and going thru that hell for the zillionth Solved: bought used laptop - see only AVG 2007 on it time I m tired of Avast interfering with ZA or vice versa or with restore process Is there anything that someone with slow dialup can acquire which will be hassle free for at least several years without me knowing about it with self-updating when necessary but not intrusively For example Avast was constantly slowing me down and not letting me get on with Net browsing until the ridiculous Solved: bought used laptop - see only AVG 2007 on it voice would announce it was thru and first then I was back to the quot normal quot slowness of dialup At this point the AVG is definitely not slowing me down but it may be like a useless quot dummy quot nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Experts Last Saturday, I bought this laptop and having issues with the driver  I am unable to use a camera and getting this error "(You do not have the compatible VGA Hardware or Driver to run YouCam)" when I click on it. Please suggest me the driver for the same. Screen brightness also not working, please suggest driver for also. Whenever I start my computer, widows suggest me to download these drivers, I am completely new with the laptop so not taking any risk. Should I Download This? Downloading suggestion getting from the window 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Last-Saturday-I-bought-this-laptop-and-having-issues-with/td-p/5637157
Relevancy 48.59%

I did system recovery twice on my laptop since i bought it

is it supposed to be slow? its 3GB RAM and its really slow

its got the original software that came with it but i noticed that when i uninstall some of the useless software, the harddrive memory gets used up

is this normal?

its only been a few months since i bought it so its still fairly new.

doesnt system recovery get rid of everything and restore it to its original condition?

have you any idea whats wrong?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I have just bought this laptop nd hand and it is full of viruses and malware infections according to malware-bytes scan The delete option Newly infected laptop bought on Malwabytes seems bugged and after deleting or quarantining they re-appear in next scan Can someone walk me through the best way to remove this Thanks Rob OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Newly bought infected laptop Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SOPHIE-TOSH System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Newly bought infected laptop Model SATELLITE L - D System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Insyde Corp SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C windows System Directory C windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Sophie-TOSH Sophie Time Zone GMT Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newly-bought-infected-laptop.1167740/
Relevancy 48.59%

Bought a refurb'd Lenova Thinkpad 730 on the website "www.propertyroom.com".  Used the laptop and was quite satisfied until the
HDD0 failed - so I replaced it with an SDD.  However, the version of Windows 7 was "Windows 7 Pro" for Refurb PCs.  I had upgraded it to Windows 10.  However, I was quite satisfied with Windows 7.  the Product Key was "P33X3-TDKYX-YQT68-XMQD9-
T86DY".  When I tried to download Win 7, it refused to download it.  Any idea why?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b8c863f6-8546-4848-86a4-246f2d7da130/bought-a-refurbished-laptop-on-wwwpropertyroomcom?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 48.59%

hi i need to know where windows live mail in windows 8 stores its mail so i can access the old hard drive and get the mail from it if anyone can help id greatly appreciate it thanks forum

A:bought new laptop after few issues with heat

hi, not 100% sure but I don't think it is a win8 apps .cant find any reference to it being an win8 app
it comes with windows live essentials
Windows Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/13415-bought-new-laptop-after-few-issues-heat.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All,

I bought a laptop in dec 2013 and its recently stolen. I have order number ,but donot know how can i find the serial number ,sothat police can find it easily.
its a gift and i do not want to loose it. Help me please 

Thanks,

A:my laptop stollen bought in 2013

The service tag number is the serial number -- it's on your invoice, and on the box the system came in.  It it can also be obtained by calling Dell support with the order information.  You can also report it stolen in case anyone attempts to contact Dell.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682724
Relevancy 48.59%

I can't start my computer as the power button doesn't work when I plug it on charge it shows the red button what can I do to start my computer 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-bought-hp-touchscreen-laptop-about-13-months-ago-now-the/td-p/5690032
Relevancy 48.59%

I just bought a bought laptop already having problems! Solved: a sony vaio second hand with a licensed copy of win installed Between me and my missus we already seem to have some unwanted visitors I think we have problems Derbiz Constant pop ups for viagra and the Solved: bought a laptop already having problems! like Every now and again we get a warning that the system will shut down and then a timer starts counting down from mins generally slow performance allround and also unstable performance when using firefox - though I m not sure if that is just due to the spec of the laptop not sure what the spec is can anyone advise on any of these and how to fix Here s my log if this helps Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINNT system internat exe C Program Files SpeedTouch Dr SpeedTouch drst exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http community derbiz com O - BHO no name - ED D F- - -AB E-E C C AE - no file O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot icon O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update quot C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run etbrun C winnt system elitekbu exe O - HKLM Run ASDPLUGIN C WINNT system uk nm exe -N O - HKCU Run internat exe internat exe O - HKCU Run STManager quot C Program Files SpeedTouch Dr SpeedTouch drst exe quot -b O - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm Pro lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zapro exe O - DPF ED DDF - - BBE- - A EDB D A McAfee com Operating System Class - http download mcafee com molbin shared mcinsctl en-us mcinsctl cab O - DPF B C F -F AB- EE- D-A EDA F Anonymizer Anti-Spyware Scanner - http download zonelabs com bin promotions spywaredetector WebAAS cab O - DPF BCC FF - D - -A E-C E ADA DwnldGroupMgr Class - http download mcafee com molbin shared mcgdmgr en-us mcgdmgr cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip FBCA C- E - E - E -B AE NameServer O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT Sys... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I bought a used laptop via craigslist about months ago Its a Dell Latitude E Anyways the guy I bought it from had clean installed Windows Ultimate on it however he gave me a selfburnt DVD and a hand written product key This looked suspicious to me but he explained that he lost the Windows box while moving He showed me that the windows was activated and all and is my a 7 Windows used laptop, Bought Genuine? it being Bought a used laptop, is my Windows 7 Genuine? a good deal I took it I have been using it for the past months and no problems yet Now I want to give this Laptop to my parents who live in another city and are not at all tech savvy so I don't want that one day they call me up to tell me the Windows showing that it is not genuine So can you guys tell if this is a genuine copy If not I have the OEM Vista that came with it and a Vista product key sticker behind the battery and I can install that But I don't want the hassle if Windows is genuine Also what does the quot Remaining Windows rearm count quot mean Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -X GV-V DCV-P K Windows Product Key Hash aU z fnhnLHmhBm qYZT E s Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID F - C - BC- -EBA CC A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser D Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt F - C - BC- -EBA CC A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -P K lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Latitude E lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F A F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt M lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID cfd - a - af -af -ff d b b c Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Ext... Read more

A:Bought a used laptop, is my Windows 7 Genuine?

First the rearm count in the registry shows if the 7 installation wasn't already activated you could extend the trial period. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...-120-days.html

If you have checked for Windows updates during the last two months and they installed witout any program or prompting for the WGA the original disk the previous owner had was the genuine while the other... is considered "casual copying".(not the best situation for you) You may want to consider buying your own disk as far as that is concerned.

To save on price you can opt for an upgrade disk of the same edition since you are planning to pass the pc along. Refer to Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/229972-bought-used-laptop-my-windows-7-genuine.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm not a tech guru, but managed to set up my router which is working fine on my current laptop. Both desktop, router and old laptop all run XP.

Now I bought a shiny new laptop with Windows 7, and I can't connect. I've tried auto connect, manual connect...entering the Key each time...and it won'd go. I called the store and they said maybe my router won't work with Windows 7. Can this be?

When I set up router, I secured it (don't ask me how...followed some instructions I got from the Internet which I've since discarded), but here's the specs:

Key Provided Automatically: (802.1x): 0
Network Authentication Type: open
Data Encryption Type: WEP
Connection Type: ESS

Can someone help?

A:Bought new laptop w/W7; can't connect to router

Hi there, only a few can be called true tech gurus.

With your issue, have you tried switching to WPA ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/53476-bought-new-laptop-w-w7-cant-connect-router.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Ok so for christmas I bought a new should bought do?... Laptop a Broken I what Acer Hi I laptop the Aspire E Touch Aspire E - T and Ever since first boot It was broken I mean there is always a pop up that says server busy on startup that doesn't want to go away but this is not the real problem nbsp The real problem is when ever my acer goes to sleep mode SLEEP MODE DEADif Hi I bought a Broken Acer Laptop what should I do?... i press fn F or I press sleep mode the keyboard stays lit and the fan keeps running but the screen gets closed and its over nbsp nbsp You can't do anything you have to press power button for sec and reload nbsp now it's been months since I bought it and there was recently a new windows update update and I though that would be the ultimate fix BUt no it's still the same story nbsp I did try all the solutions already like power cfg -h off and none works and I want to use the sleep mode so ACER im mad nbsp Last year I bought an Acer touch nbsp E - P-P BA and I lost it sadly BUT It WAS WAY BETTER BATTERY WAS LASTING HOURS AND I COULD GO TO SLEEP MODE LIKE EVERY TIME NO PROBLEMS IM SO SAD nbsp What should I do

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-bought-a-Broken-Acer-Laptop-what-should-I-do-New-From/td-p/449423
Relevancy 48.59%

hi i ordered a new keyboard for my hp g7 laptop when i got the new keyboard i installed it and now can't type on the new keyboard please help me the laptop is 4 yrs old 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bought-a-new-keyboard-for-a-hp-g7-laptop-and-for-some-reason/td-p/5716618
Relevancy 48.59%

im on a ac adapter. it has a amd xp2200, rated at 1.8 ghz. but when i go to system info it shows it's running at 1.08 ghz.

??????????

A:i bought a laptop but it's not running at its right speed

Is this to do with the powernow settings you are using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-bought-a-laptop-but-its-not-running-at-its-right-speed.149320/
Relevancy 48.59%

This is a separate issue from the thread I created recently I bought my current Laptop have no Idea Since Slow Why... Very Bought, laptop back near the end of August Since the first day itself it has been very slow at times Performing as if it were already years old Especially when using applications like Firefox or Adobe Reader XI Typing especially seems to lag behind moreso immedietly after I start the application Other things that lag include page loading and scroll lag At first I thought maybe it was just a Laptop Very Slow Since Bought, have no Idea Why... lot of crapware But I've uninstalled all of it including the metro apps I don't need I've always ran Disk Defrag Disk Cleanup CCleaner Removed unnessesary programs from startup Add remove programs ran SFC scans installed all important Windows Updates ran virus scans But it still lags I have no idea why it does this and what to do to fix this The system specs are HP laptop with Windows GB RAM Intel Pentium CPU N GHz Any help would be much appreciated I will try my best to add more information if needed Thanks

A:Laptop Very Slow Since Bought, have no Idea Why...

This probably isnt' the "best" solution but do you feel like doing a "clean" install and starting over? Also have a SSD Hard drive..

anytime my computer feels slow or crappy.. i totally wipe it (all my stuff is on external harddrives anyway, i just have to transfer my bookmarks in firefox etc.. )

I had a Lenovo totally pre-installed with all kinds of crap.. and I just downloaded the windows 8 core dvd and installed it through USB..

I also am about to totally wipe it again in a few days as I just downloaded the new build of windows 8.1 core with updates (November version)

i know this solution sucks to keep reinstalling windows but in my experience, thats all i've ever seen really get rid of anything that could be causing issues.. (old drivers, junk. etc..)

then after you do a totally clean fresh install just do a system image through windows itself or Acronis, other image programs..

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/57652-laptop-very-slow-since-bought-have-no-idea-why.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I have a sony viao bought in UK. Currently I am in India and I purchased a mobile 3G internet which is working on my indian laptop (also a sony viao) but not working on my UK laptop.The internet fails to start altogether on the UK laptop. The internet comany was not able to help much either. I am unable to find any information on what might be different in the UK hardware or software to make it work and was under the impression that all the sony viao laptops in the world are the same. Any help on this one please on what I might be missing?

Kind Regards,

Genie.

A:3G mobile internet not working on UK bought laptop

What does "The internet fails to start" mean?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3g-mobile-internet-not-working-on-uk-bought-laptop.1059412/
Relevancy 48.16%

I would like to do a clean install of Win 7 on it and am wondering if I have any options. The sticker itself is attached, but the key is unreadable. It is a Toshiba about 4 years old. The seller may or may not have the recovery discs and paperwork/box that came with it and will get back to me in a few days. My guess is that the key is only printed on the laptop itself. Is there anything I can do in this situation? Would it be best to inquire through Microsoft or Toshiba?

Thanks

...by the way this is a wonderful forum

A:Bought used laptop - Win 7 key has rubbed off of sticker - options?

Toshiba used to ship those discs for free - then they started charging 30 US dollars.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/333648-bought-used-laptop-win-7-key-has-rubbed-off-sticker-options.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I purchased a used Sony Vaio want scan used laptop, a spyware full Bought Win XP which Bought used laptop, want a full spyware scan was corporate-owned and find the machine to boot up and run slow I ran Hijack to see if any spyware may be present on this Below is the log in quotes BTW this machine is now used on the Runescape game site Thank you quot Bought used laptop, want a full spyware scan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings cjg Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Ad-Watch C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Watch exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe quot O - Global Startup IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Utility lnk C Program Files IEEE g USB Wireless LAN Wireless LAN WlanUtil exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service iPod Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe file missing quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-used-laptop-want-a-full-spyware-scan.650420/
Relevancy 48.16%

Please, get me with the Serial number. Thanks, Ilia.

A:I bought a mini laptop HP, which was stolen in 2014. I need ...

You gotta be kidding. Seriously?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-bought-a-mini-laptop-HP-which-was-stolen-in-2014-I-need/td-p/5702908
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m looking for some help figuring out what is wrong with a laptop I bought It is a Cybercom MD it had Windows XP installed but it wouldn t boot I would get the BSOD I booted up from the what's bought Let's with figure out I wrong a laptop. dodgy it Windows XP disc I get to the part where I am to create a partition I previously deleted the old one in Acronis Disk Director when I press C to do so the computer reboots If I boot into Acronis Disk Director and manually create an NTFS partition set it active then boot from the Windows I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it XP disc I press enter to install onto that partition and it gets stuck almost immediately after that at the part where it says quot examining disk id lt numbers gt bus lt numbers gt MBR Sometimes it will reboot instead of freezing I have also tried installing several Linux distros they all freeze early on and I can t tell what part it is that it freezes at I have scanned the entire HD thoroughly with HDD Regenerator and it says there are no errors My thought is maybe the HD is dodgy But HDD Regenerator said the thing is squeaky clean Maybe it s an MBR problem What I plan on trying tomorrow it s bed time now is creating a FAT partition and installing windows I also plan on deleting I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it the MBR to see if that makes any difference does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or any suggestions for me to try I d appreciate any help I can get nbsp

A:I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it

Have you got any spare RAM to try in it? Any amount will prove the point--even 512MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-dodgy-laptop-lets-figure-out-whats-wrong-with-it.161282/
Relevancy 48.16%

i bought a lenovo laptop a few days before from a local shop(carrefour)
they said it have 2 years guarantee but when ichecked up the lenovo websites
it shows only 100 days left from the guarantee(265 day passed)
what does it means?
does it means that someone else were using my laptop before i buy it?

A:Why the new laptop i bought have only 100 days gurantee left?

If it is only a few days old, I'd contact Carrefour and ask them. I wouldn't want any confusion on the warranty.

It may mean that the warranty started the day the laptop was shipped from Lenovo to Carrefour, but that would seem unusual to me. I'd expect a warranty to start on the day of the retail sale to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260310-why-new-laptop-i-bought-have-only-100-days-gurantee-left.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This is the perfect forum to ask this critical question because I know that there are some people here that have a lot better understanding of computer hardware than I do Note that I have not yet booted up this laptop and I am mistake? a bought I laptop an - just it was $2500 expensive not a gamer Moving on The base price for this laptop is I paid for it because I m a speed freak I customized it for speed I customized it for work and school projects to stuff I m a little schizo Between to I m a I just bought an expensive laptop - was it a $2500 mistake? madman Or maybe thanks to genetics and coffee I have a type A personality between to I m all business between - The words quot lighten up - take it easy quot aren t in my vocabulary between - All I know is that when I use the computer to work on a school or work project and I experience a slowdown or blockage I go mad I go nuts I I just bought an expensive laptop - was it a $2500 mistake? scream I act like a racehorse who s stuck in quicksand I have a little meltdown is what I m saying So that s why when I ordered this computer I told myself to emphasize speed speed and more speed So I built it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor That is the main reason why it went from being a laptop to a laptop no desktop thank you - I bought a laptop so I just bought an expensive laptop - was it a $2500 mistake? I could get out of the house and work away from home or days a week So did I make a mistake in ramping up a laptop to the tune of Before you answer that you need to know what I ll be using it for I m going to build websites with Wordpress and Dreamweaver I might be using several programs at once Programs like Photoshop Dreamweaver and Flash I might even have a web based video tutorial open when I m using Photoshop or Dreamweaver In a nutshell I ll be using a lot of Adobe software So now that you know all there is to know don t hold back with your answer If I made a mistake just say so Or maybe I bought the perfect laptop one that has the type of speed that a busy body like me can utilize A laptop that ll handle anything a worker bee can throw at it years down the road Either way tell me what you think because I want THE TRUTH and unlike Tom I can handle the truth Jack nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help. My mother brought me this laptop which I asked her to buy me from Miami Beach, USA. I live in South America, so I cannot go back to the store, I bought it in Bestbuy. The computer I its an Assus I think its model 4415800 It runs on windows 10 home on the system it says model G501JW intel core I7 4750HQ CPU 2.00 ghz 8gb ram non tactile I just run trow the basic procedures that windows 10 guided me to do. Please help

A:I bought a new open box assus laptop and there is no sound

#6 again makes it look like a hardware fault. If you are seeing an indicator that moves with sound then a driver issue is unlikely but try by all means.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/i-bought-a-new-open-box-assus-laptop-and-there-is-no-sound/555.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there.... So I spent an hour this morning and ironically used up 30mins of Skype time to call Acer about my free $10 Skype voucher! I bought this laptop about a month ago and did what many people here seemed to also do - I followed the steps outlined in the leaflet included with my purchase....I registered my product with Acer and waited for an email with the voucher number for Skype....and surprise, suprise it never arrived.  I spoke with *6* different people this morning and wasted not only my time but my own Skype minutes calling them.  If anyone from Acer can help me with this I would very much appreciate it - as thus far I'm extremely unimpressed with how this has been handled.  Thank you!

A:Bought an Acer Aspire E-15 Laptop and NEVER RECEIV...

Check the date when the promotion is valid

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor.Acer Aspire 5733 - 6668 Core I3 4GB 1066 2X2,HD 500 , Windows 10 Pro Insider 19393.5

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Bought-an-Acer-Aspire-E-15-Laptop-and-NEVER-RECEIVED-MY-SKYPE/td-p/444864
Relevancy 48.16%

I just purchased an Acer Ferrari 4000 and as I was trying to connect to the internet, my LAN line says 'A network cable is unplugged. Now, I tried two different working LAN connections, and I know they are working because I confirmed it with another computer. Also, I am positive my newtork card is working because I pinged my offline IP and had 4 packages sent and 4 recieved. No matter what LAN connection I plug in, my laptop doesnt seem to detect it and it still says 'A newtork cable is unplugged'. My TC/IP is all set to automatically detect IP addresses. All my little pins are lined up and the connection seems to be there.... my computer just doesnt seem to detect it.... any ideas?

Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought that laptop. It came with 256 MB memory. It's a DELL Inspiron 5150 Laptop.

What I want to do is to purchase more memory for this laptop and install it. I know it has extra slots as I am told. Now I want to purchase an additional 512 MB.

I found a few on NewEgg.com for about 40ish dollars with great reviews. How do I found out if it is compaitble?

Ones that I was looking at were:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Category=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Please Help!

Thanks in advance!!!

A:Just bought a Inspiron 5150 Laptop (DELL)

That should work with your inspiron.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought-a-inspiron-5150-laptop-dell.420390/
Relevancy 48.16%

How do I transfer all my ipod files to the new computer without saving to a cd first? My old computer is awful, and cannot use it to save files. I have Itunes CD, so can I just plug ipod in and transfer from ipod to new computer??

A:just bought new laptop-how do u transfer ipod files to a new pc

w2k or xp http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/29657

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought-new-laptop-how-do-u-transfer-ipod-files-to-a-new-pc.533588/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there.... So I spent an hour this morning and ironically used up 30mins of Skype time to call Acer about my free $10 Skype voucher! I bought this laptop about a month ago and did what many people here seemed to also do - I followed the steps outlined in the leaflet included with my purchase....I registered my product with Acer and waited for an email with the voucher number for Skype....and surprise, suprise it never arrived.  I spoke with *6* different people this morning and wasted not only my time but my own Skype minutes calling them.  If anyone from Acer can help me with this I would very much appreciate it - as thus far I'm extremely unimpressed with how this has been handled.  Thank you!

A:Bought an Acer Aspire E-15 Laptop and NEVER RECEIV...

Check the date when the promotion is valid

Se eu fosse útil, um Kudos é apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como Solução se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Bought-an-Acer-Aspire-E-15-Laptop-and-NEVER-RECEIVED-MY-SKYPE/td-p/444864/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

I bought a used How - Laptop info I for Used rid get Bought previous can of owner Dell Inspiron Laptop has Windows XP Home which I upgraded to Pro and MS Bought Used Laptop - How can I get rid of info for previous owner Office on it and not much more I have full versions of this software so don t care what happens to them but I do not have any of the disks from Dell that would have come with the laptop and I don t seem to have a partition on the hard drive that contains that info either Never had a laptop before what would you suggest I do My desire Bought Used Laptop - How can I get rid of info for previous owner is to get rid of the name of the other guy on my computer - Bought Used Laptop - How can I get rid of info for previous owner he is listed as the primary user of the computer all the software is registered in his name including Windows I don t really want to re-format the hard drive as I think that would cause more problems since I don t have the install disks from Dell Should I have just installed Windows XP PRO over the top of XP Home instead of upgrading nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I just bought a Sony laptop Model Number VGN-AW Sony VAIO Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz Microsoft and having bought connection? am a Just problems laptop keeping Windows Vista Home Just bought a laptop and am having problems keeping connection? Premium -bit GB DDR -SDRAM DDR - GBx GB SATA Hard Disk Drive rpm WLAN a b g n with integrated Bluetooth technology I have a cable modem and a wireless router from Linksys Wireless-G Linux Broadband Router WRT GL I am wondering if my problem is related to the cable modem wireless router or something on my laptop The reason why I am thinking it is something on my laptop is that my girlfriend has a laptop that is wireless also and she is able to stay connected to the net and mine drops Now sometimes both of the connections from my laptop and hers both drop Lately though mine is the only one dropping Here are some things that I have on my laptop Norton System Works Spybot Seek and Destroy Windows Defender turned off UAC turned off I am just trying to see if others have had any problems and what might be the problem Any idea Thanks so much for any help nbsp

A:Just bought a laptop and am having problems keeping connection?

Since sometimes both connections drop, here are some things you can try here.
Change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
Try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-bought-a-laptop-and-am-having-problems-keeping-connection.797770/
Relevancy 48.16%

Even though my computer is new,there are all of these updates that only go back 6 days ago. There are a lot. Do I have to download all of them to update the notebook???

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91213-Bought-new-Satellite-Pro-C-laptop-need-info-on-updates
Relevancy 48.16%

Laptop crashed after 18 months so took back to shop. They say can't repair it as hard drive has gone. Has anyone else experienced this and how much will Acer charge me to repair?

A:Hi bought an Acer laptop from Curry's PC world 18 ...

Hi Alex6,

If you could provide a little more information about your computer - model number and operating system - I can move your question to a better forum for it to get more exposure.

Thanks!

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-bought-an-Acer-laptop-from-Curry-s-PC-world-18-months-ago/td-p/445442
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
I am Albert Onkoba. I am a business man. I was planning to buy Dell laptop. Actually, i was looking for an easy to handle option. So, how about a notebook. Is it will be good as per my requirements.
Albert Onkoba

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19716720
Relevancy 48.16%

Laptop crashed after 18 months so took back to shop. They say can't repair it as hard drive has gone. Has anyone else experienced this and how much will Acer charge me to repair?

A:Hi bought an Acer laptop from Curry's PC world 18 ...

Hi Alex6,

If you could provide a little more information about your computer - model number and operating system - I can move your question to a better forum for it to get more exposure.

Thanks!

Remember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.  Use the  Give Kudos button to offer a thumbs-up for good post content and a pat on the back to the author.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-bought-an-Acer-laptop-from-Curry-s-PC-world-18-months-ago/td-p/445442/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.16%

This is an easy question about windows 7

I bought a used win 7 pro laptop lenovo think pad.

I set up windows chose no password BUT when i resume from sleep or start up the first screen would need a password IF I HAD CHOSEN password protect

Instead i have to click on a small square to open desktop....where is the setting to start directly to desktop,??????

Its soooo easy when i found the setting last time i wondered why i had not found the setting myself....since then i had a crash which wiped out all my scrapebook notes

I KNOW ITS NOT A WIN 8 Question but i just cannot find anywhere else where someone might remember how to do it and it is sooo simple

A:Bought used laptop fogoten how to get direct to desktop wi

There is Windows 7 Help Forums, our sister site that's in case I'm wrong

I seem to remember that this option for login without a password when one exists was part of the users control panel option and also there was an option to require a password after sleep in the power options and one for after screen saver in the screen savers selection screens

Oh look what I just found at Windows 7 Help Forums ....

Log On Automatically at Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74247-bought-used-laptop-fogoten-how-get-direct-desktop-wi.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I have a sony viao bought in UK. Currently I am in India and I purchased a mobile 3G internet which is working on my indian laptop (also a sony viao) but not working on my UK laptop.The internet fails to start altogether on the UK laptop. The internet comany was not able to help much either. I am unable to find any information on what might be different in the UK hardware or software to make it work and was under the impression that all the sony viao laptops in the world are the same. Any help on this one please on what I might be missing?

Kind Regards,

Genie.

A:3G mobile internet not working on UK bought laptop

please do not duplicate
you already have a post here
http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1059374-3g-mobile-internet-not-working.html
the best thingto do is to
1) reply with bump in the reply after 24hrs if no replies to bring back to the top of the forum
2) hit the report button to ask to be moved- to a different forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3g-mobile-internet-not-working-on-uk-bought-laptop.1059374/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys i bought my new gaming laptop $1600
CPU I7 3610QM
Graphics Radeon 7970m
Screen 15.6 inchi 1920/1080
Ram 8192mb
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Its Korean brand though, does it look like a good one with $1600

A:Bought my New gaming laptop $1600 good price?

Quote: Originally Posted by red0595

Its Korean brand though, does it look like a good one with $1600

Not given that you are already having considerable problems according to your other post!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250479-bought-my-new-gaming-laptop-1600-good-price.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, we just bought this new HP Pavilion. I just downloaded the most current SuperAntiVirus software edition. Does anyone recommend anything else to do? AVG? also?

Thanks for any help...

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all, I just bought my HP Omen from Best Buy today, and after getting it set up, I installed Steam and Farcry 4.  I started it up, and it all ran smoothly, even on ultra graphics settings.  However, when anything big happens in the game (explosions, lots of enemies on screen, etc.), the game seems to skip and lag.  Is this something wrong on the laptop's end or is it something related to the game itself?  My desktop is able to run the game somewhat well.  Thanks!Jesse Bell

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Just-bought-an-HP-Omen-laptop-today-games-very-laggy/td-p/5735906
Relevancy 47.73%

The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error? during installation of windows

A:I just bought this laptop:Inspiron 7568 2-in-1 windows 10 until this happened,please help

Sounds like an Operating System issue. If you have a system with Windows 10 preinstalled try this I've not got a new system yet so I've not had the chance to try this new service:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/OSISO

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19665767
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Let me 8 bought laptop boot on No newly Windows device explain this frustrating and silly problem I bought an Acer laptop running windows maybe few months ago Everything were fine Absolutely no problem at all but then I left my laptop running for the night forgot to close it but when i No boot device on newly bought Windows 8 laptop woke up he show me a ''no boot device detected please insert a boot device and restart'' screen My first question was why You were working fine So i try to look up for the problem but i did not find any answer or even someone else who experienced the same problem I try using the recovery back i've made went into the screen where you can load the driver add partition format partition etc But the hard disk is not showing Like if the laptop No boot device on newly bought Windows 8 laptop never had a hard drive I did not make any internal or external change at all since i have it Its like if the hard disk can randomly kill himself without any reason I have some experience in computer but i'm not a mastermind So i need help please If you need any extra information i'll add them As i said according to my search it seems i'm the first one experiencing this so i don't know exactly which information need to be known

A:No boot device on newly bought Windows 8 laptop

I have a little update on my situation.

After messing around on internet and the internal command prompt, i found something... odd.
The main hard drive where the windows were initially installed (C doesn't exist anymore... I generated a list of list of basic and dynamics volumes which are installed using command prompt but nothing... The only one appeared was my USB key, which contained the backup installation i'm running on. And that same USB key took the letter C:
So, to make it short: Hard drive randomly died and he erased every bit of existence in my computer.

Its getting worse... :S

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65608-no-boot-device-newly-bought-windows-8-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi few weeks ago I bought a laptop with AMD A - APU with AMD Radeon R GraphicsIt's supposed to have GB graphic memory and today I just found out it has like MB of it Let me show you a screenshot of it to make it more simple for you guys to with graphic a 2GB today laptop memory ... and I found a Bought understand I'm sorry in advance as the screenshot is in Korean not English nbsp I looked my laptop model name in google and nbsp searched this up Bought a laptop with a 2GB graphic memory and today I found ... nbsp So this is supposed to be nbsp the spec of my laptop the model is correct I checked the model name under my laptop it is -af AX And the part where I highlighted says that its GB However in my computer it says MB It says Graphic Memory MB right above the thing that says Aero Am I missing something Is it supposed to be like this I'm not that good with computers and I'm really flustered right now I ordered my laptop online did they temper with something Is this a type of fraud nbsp Thank you very much for your time nbsp Hope somebody can come up with an explanation or nbsp solutions nbsp Oh and I installed the latest drivers that were uploaded in HP website the drivers in AMD website had problems it kept freezing my laptop every sec for like second even though I was in my desktop which was unbearable

A:Bought a laptop with a 2GB graphic memory and today I found ...

I'm sorry for uploading two of this... I don't know how it happened. Can't find the delete button either :0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Bought-a-laptop-with-a-2GB-graphic-memory-and-today-I-found/td-p/5636430
Relevancy 47.73%

I purchased a hp pavilion laptop au 003 tx ON THE 26TH OF JUNE......since the second day the screen has been flickering......i called up the customer care and was told to update certain drivers which i did through the link i received from Hp......though after the updates the problem still persists.....i hv to call customer care atleast 20 times to connect.....kindly guide me on how to resolve my problem....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-BOUGHT-A-LAPTOP-12-DAYS-BACK-AND-MY-SCREEN-HAS-BEEN/td-p/5683657
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,I am noticing a strange issue with my recently bought laptop . Attaching some pictures for more details. To me it seems some kind of gap or break in the LCD display.I hope this can be worked out as it is still under a month when I bought it. Please suggest.?  ?  ThanksAD

A:Thin vertical line on my newly bought laptop

It could possibly be due to a faulty data cable and at worst the screen itself. Only solution would be to have it serviced by a Lenovo technician as it is most likely hardware related. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thin-vertical-line-on-my-newly-bought-laptop/td-p/3389487
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello, 7 years ago I bought HP G 62 laptpp  came with windows 7 home premium, yesterday the HDD gone faulty and I had to replace it.
I nstalled window 7 and I need to activate it and I haven"t the windows key because the laptop supplied without windows key. I don"t know what I have to do. I lost my old HDD and lost everything encluded the old windows 7 home premium .
I need help.somebody guid me what I should do to solve this problem.
THe information for this laptop:
Type:                HP G62
Number:  WM954EA# AB4
[personal information removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-hp-g62-i-bought-it-with-windows-7-home-premium-7/td-p/5668058
Relevancy 47.73%

I ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 IN IT.IT WAS DOS WHEN DELIVERED.NOW CAN I DO SOMETHING SO THAT MY WARRANTY STarts FROM TODAY?

A:i bought new laptop today from flipkart,but my warranty star...

vinaydesai wrote:I ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 IN IT.IT WAS DOS WHEN DELIVERED.NOW CAN I DO SOMETHING SO THAT MY WARRANTY STarts FROM TODAY?Hi, If you live within US and if you bought the computer from US you can call HP Support numberHP SUPPORT: 1800 474 6836 Let them know that you want to adjust the date of the warranty. You will be given a case number and they will send you a POP email or Proof of purchase email. All you need to do is to make a screenshot or scan of the official reciept then send it to the email they are going to provide. You will then be contacted by POP department tru call or email and the status will be updated. Cheers!   

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-bought-new-laptop-today-from-flipkart-but-my-warranty/td-p/5828194
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone I recently bought a new Dell laptop last month It's model is the Inspiron and it's running on Windows The problem I have with it is that I can't turn on the Wi-Fi this issue has been here since I bought the laptop The only Wi-Fi bought to Unable driver recently on install laptop. way I am able to access the internet is via cable but this makes having a laptop really inconvenient as I intend to use it for reporting purposes The laptop had Ubuntu installed but I got it replaced with Windows I tried downloading the proper drivers for it and the was only one that failed to install which would be the Dell Unable to install Wi-Fi driver on recently bought laptop. Wireless b Unable to install Wi-Fi driver on recently bought laptop. g n BT HS Driver as shown below Driver won't install No Wi-Fi Driver Can't detect any wireless networks whatsoever I tried installing it but when I do it runs and in the middle of installing it it just exits The manual states that the Wi-Fi could be turned on if you Unable to install Wi-Fi driver on recently bought laptop. press the Fn Key F at the same time but this does nothing as I don't have a driver yet but what can I do I can't seem to install the proper driver for this laptop I already sought help from Dell's support community but I haven't received a single answer for weeks Please help me find a solution for this problem Any help would be appreciated I forgot to post the log after the failure of the installation of the driver Here it is it's quite long so please bare with me Code Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users rajan Downloads Network Driver DGWJM WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DGWJMX - Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Unknown Local System OS Language Unknown Language Compatible with this Package Unknown Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A DUPF A tmp Translated Command Line Setup MUP exe LOG quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A DUPF A tmp quot Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A Identified Behavior attended Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A DUPF A tmp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- ASCII payload log file detected - - Setup start up - - CommandLine is LOG quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A DUPF A tmp quot --- End of Vendor Software Log --- Vendor Software Return Code logo png Name of Exit Code ERROR Exit Code set to x Result FAILURE Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Network Driver DGWJM WN A txt Name of Exit Code ERROR Execution terminated at date-time Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users rajan Downloads Network Driver DGWJM WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DGWJMX - Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Unknown Local System OS Language Unknown Language Compatible with this Package Unknown Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A DUP F B tmp Translated Command Line Setup MUP exe LOG quot C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A DUP F B tmp quot Path C ProgramData dell drivers Network Driver DGWJM WN A Identified Behavior attended Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot C Users rajan Downloads Network Driver DGWJM WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DGWJMX - Intializing framework logo png logo png logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System ... Read more

A:Unable to install Wi-Fi driver on recently bought laptop.

According to that error log the 1st install has not been completed because a reboot is required,
have you actually rebooted??, the other errors state cannot install due to previous install waiting to complete.

Roy

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/52268-unable-install-wi-fi-driver-recently-bought-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My son uses his HP15 laptop at home at his desk, rarely transporting it.  He has never dropped it and is a gentle user.The left hinge appears to be broken / defective, and the display case is separating.  For now, we're just leaving the screen open all the time, but it's a little inconvenient and the problem is certainly concerning for a laptop less than 2 years old.Looking at the forum, it seems like a common issue.We are HP fans in general, so I hope this issue can be resolved.Please help.- Steve   

A:HP 15 laptop bought under 2 years ago. Broken Hinge, displa...

@Steve_Hinge

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-laptop-bought-under-2-years-ago-Broken-Hinge-display/td-p/5694915
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop hp 15-r204ne allready have 4gb hundayi ramBut i am trying to upgrade it to 8gb by adding 4 gb kingston ramPlease telll me wether it supports this ram in other slot and tell me wether it will work nicelyKingston Technology 4GB 1600MHz PC3-12800 1.35V SODIMM Memory for Select HP/Compaq Notebooks KTH-X3CL/4GFRhttps://www.amazon.in/dp/B00IOC7NHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yYArxbBF6Z3ENThis link is the product detailsIf anyother rams you know that supports my laptop pls inform me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ram-upgra-dation/td-p/5634731
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok I just bought a used Dell laptop with win7 Home 64 & from my understanding the boot disk is actually now on a partition?

How do I access this partition in order to completely format the computer & reinstall a nice clean setup?

Thanks.

A:Bought used Dell laptop, how to re-install windows for a clean setup?

Sounds like you want to do this,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248355-bought-used-dell-laptop-how-re-install-windows-clean-setup.html
Relevancy 47.3%

i have just bought a new laptop (hp 250 g4) with windows 10 intel core i5. when i plug my old labtec speakers which work fine on the olde snow leopard mac a liyd buzzing noise is to be heard and i quickly unplug for fear of waking my children. can i avoid buying new speakers?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435518-i-have-just-bought-new-laptop-hp-250-g4-old-labtec-speakers-dont-work-when-plugged.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've ran have it's new and a issue screen been of blue recently the bought death laptop I some programs in compatibility mode and it seems to have fixed most of my blue screen issues but I still get the blue screen of death maybe once every two days I'm new here so I'm not really sure where to begin Also I recently bought a new laptop and it's been have the blue screen of death issue as I I have another account on my laptop named John and it keeps coming back after I delete it This isn't really a big problem I guess but it's odd I feel like there's something wrong with my I recently bought a new laptop and it's been have the blue screen of death issue laptop and hopefully I can fix it here For the most part my laptop works It's just annoying to get the blue screen of death when my laptop should be perfectly fine I bought it only a few weeks ago It was refurbished however Some errors I've received Kernel Security Check Failure Bad Pool Header Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Attempted Execute of noexecute memory system thread exception not handled dxgmms sys windows There are a handful of others but I've only got them once or twice Screen Size inches Screen Resolution I recently bought a new laptop and it's been have the blue screen of death issue x Max Screen Resolution x pixels Processor GHz Intel Core i - MQ RAM GB DDR Memory Speed MHz Hard Drive GB SATA Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA Geforce GTX M Graphics Card Ram Size MB Wireless Type bgn Number of USB Ports Number of USB Ports Brand Name MSI Series GT OC Item model number GT OC- US Hardware Platform PC Operating System Windows Item Weight pounds Item Dimensions L x W x H x x inches Color Black Processor Brand Intel Processor Count Computer Memory Type DDR SDRAM Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA- Hard Drive Rotational Speed RPM Optical Drive Type DVD SuperMulti Audio-out Ports Battery Type Lithium-Ion Li-Ion Batteries Lithium ion batteries required included http www amazon com gp product B CU GLUM ref oh details o s i ie UTF amp psc

A:I recently bought a new laptop and it's been have the blue screen of death issue

Any sort of warranty?  If so, I'd take the thing back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519214/i-recently-bought-a-new-laptop-and-its-been-have-the-blue-screen-of-death-issue/
Relevancy 47.3%

1. I set my LCD brightness to the highest, but sometimes when Im just using the computer, it will darken for some reason and drop to half of its brightness. I have to then do it again manual to the setting I wish. Has happened about 4 times in 4 days. Whats up with that?

2. Im typing, and sometimes the cursor or point to where im typing will jump back a few words. I have to manually click back and fix the errors - very annoying! Has happened about 5 times in 4 days. Whats up with that?

3. I dont know if Toshiba gipped me a bit on this machine, but I know the specs are suppose to be 40gig HD and 512 DDR ram, but when I went into my hardware profiles, it says its only 37.2GIG HD, and 448 DDR ram. Whats up with that? I know sometimes its not on the exact number, but cmon thats quite the difference.

A:Please help - bought new Toshiba Satellite laptop and have noticed a couple things

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-bought-new-toshiba-satellite-laptop-and-have-noticed-a-couple-things.270917/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I bought another refurbished HP laptop from Colorado Computer Outlet back on May 17th and am having a problem with one of the memory modules but when I checked on the HP site, it shows that the warranty started on March 17th and has already expired. I should have until August 17th or thereabouts. What should I do to get this fixed? Thanks,John

A:Bought Refurbed Envy Laptop on May 17th but warranty shows e...

@govtdog

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bought-Refurbed-Envy-Laptop-on-May-17th-but-warranty-shows/td-p/5712565
Relevancy 46.87%

Im having lots of issues with Windows 8.1 so I have to reinstall. Store/Settings arent opening. 5 minutes or so of a black screen and cursor on Start up.

I attempted to go here: Upgrade Windows with only a product key - Microsoft Windows Help

and use that for reinstalling, but it isnt excepting my product key.

How can I reinstall Windows 8.1? Am I really going to have to re-install Windows 8 from scratch and then Update again to Win 8.1?!

A:How to re-install Win 8.1 (original OS was Win 8 Pro Upgra

Didn't you d/l the 8.1 files for iso?

There is a thread about how to do that. You only need the first post.

How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/34193-how-re-install-win-8-1-original-os-win-8-pro-upgra.html