Windows Support Forum

ASPIRE E14 E5-471G-57N5 Black Screen of Death

Q: ASPIRE E14 E5-471G-57N5 Black Screen of Death

Hi Everyone I have encountered an issue with my ACER Aspire E E - G- N It is suffering from the dreaded Black Screen of Death There is no display in the screen it only shows a black screen The Power Indicator is lighting in blue The fan powers up after a couple of seconds The hard drive indicates that it is being accessed as it generated a weak sound I have already tested an external monitor to test whether the screen has the issue but to no avail Cleaned the memory and then tested it again in both memory slots but still to no E14 Death E5-471G-57N5 ASPIRE of Screen Black avail Could you please help me in flashing the BIOS I don't know how to flash it using the flash drive I've already downloaded the BIOS in ASPIRE E14 E5-471G-57N5 Black Screen of Death the ACER website but it is in exe file I am unable to find a FD File of the said BIOS Hoping that you would be able to help me in my predicament Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-E14-E5-471G-57N5-Black-Screen-of-Death/td-p/449673
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ASPIRE E14 E5-471G-57N5 Black Screen of Death

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.72%

Hello nbsp I own an Aspire One and it suffers from the Black Screen Of Death syndrome I left it a very - very very - long time switched of as I didn't need it the battery drained off and now it won't boot nbsp I tried to get the latest bios from the website but I can't find anything that the will accept every bios I download has nbsp fd files Screen "Black Of 756 One Aspire Death" and whichever nbsp one I take nbsp and nbsp put on a FAT-formatted USB stick renamed nbsp to nbsp BIOS fd when I boot with FN ESC pressed I can see that the USB key is accessed little light blinking on the stick and after a few Aspire One 756 "Black Screen Of Death" second I get long beeps and the nbsp restarts and still won't boot nbsp My guess is I don't have the right file to put on the USB stick but even after hours of searching the internet I haven't found it nbsp Does anyone have a BIOS fd compatible with the Or a link to said file on the internet nbsp Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-One-756-quot-Black-Screen-Of-Death-quot/td-p/435036/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 86.86%

Acer Aspire 4551
AMD Athlon II X2 processor P320 (2.1 GHz)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
1 GB Memory
320 GB HD
Windows 7 Ultimate

But there are no bios appear....

A:Aspire 4551 Black Screen of Death?

- You system does not boot up?
- Is there any POST beep?
- Does the monitor turn on?
- Do you hear the fans/drives start?
- Does this always happen or just sometimes?
- How old are the parts in this system?

You may want to:

- Re-seat and reconnect everything in system except the CPU.
- Check the motherboard or video card for bad capacitors. This shows some examples.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/aspire-4551-black-screen-of-death-611794.html
Relevancy 86%

Sometimes it says automatic repair on the loading screen then goes black, or after the loading screen it goes black, tried most key controls and they havn't worked, can someone tell me which Bios to download and how to do it because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing left to do before i throw it at the wall.

A:My Acer Aspire V5-571P has Black Screen of Death. ...

Hello wnepi2,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571
You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:
1- Download the bios file on the acer support website
2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip
    file with 7-zip
3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32
4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)
5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/My-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-has-Black-Screen-of-Death-HELP/td-p/334407/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 86%

Sometimes it says automatic repair on the loading screen then goes black, or after the loading screen it goes black, tried most key controls and they havn't worked, can someone tell me which Bios to download and how to do it because I'm pretty sure thats the only thing left to do before i throw it at the wall.

A:My Acer Aspire V5-571P has Black Screen of Death. ...

Hello wnepi2,

You should read this topic (Chigers): black screen - flash bios V5-571
You have the same setup bios utility (V5-531 or V5-571): Phoenix SecureCore Tiano BIOS

To summarize:
1- Download the bios file on the acer support website
2- If it's necessary (Windows version), extract the self-extratible file (*.exe) contained in the zip
    file with 7-zip
3- Format an USB flash drive to FAT or FAT32
4- Copy all files on this one (contained in the Dos or Windows(#2) folder)
5- Follow the instructions of Chigers to recorver the bios

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/My-Acer-Aspire-V5-571P-has-Black-Screen-of-Death-HELP/td-p/334407
Relevancy 86%

Hopefully this is in the right subforum Hello all I ve been having problems trying to fix this problem and so far I have had no luck My computer won t on 4730Z of Black my aspire death screen acer even Black screen of death on my acer aspire 4730Z load up the starting screen my laptop makes a few starting up noises when I turn it on then after a second or it stops and I cant do anything Because of that im limited to the amount of techniques used to fix BSODs like going to explorer or whatever people do to fix it Before my laptop used to do the problem I just listed above but after turning it off and on a few times it ll start up but now it s gotten to the point Black screen of death on my acer aspire 4730Z where it won t startup at all no matter how many times I tried Sorry if that s not much details I can t really think of much if I can add more Any ideas how to fix my laptop nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death-on-my-acer-aspire-4730z.986988/
Relevancy 86%

Hello all I have an Acer Aspire - with gb pc s sodimm ram gb Hard drive windows home prem this all started when I tried to Acer aspire with death screen Black of 9410 upgrade Ram with a GB PC Sodimm in slot I have been running windows on gb for a year with no Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death issues When trying to boot the power light turns on and a light on the left of the keyboard that looks like a square above the Numlock and capslock lights comes on The DVD drive cycles and looks for a disk to boot the everything halts no screen just black I removed the GB stick from slot and traid again to same problem I hooked up an external monitor to make sure the Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death LCD Inverter or cable didn't coincidentally crap out I moved the Gb to slot Same results I removed all ram Hard drive wireless card same result not even a no ram warning beep I believe my bios crapped out while trying to update to the extra gb ram stick Is there a way to flash the bios without it being able to boot any help is appriciated

A:Acer aspire 9410 with Black screen of death

You can try removing the cmos battery and that should reset it for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/271028-acer-aspire-9410-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi All I m a newbie and have just joined this great site right here goes my daughters Acer Aspire One AOD on Windows XP has the black screen of death it Of Black AOD260 Acer Death Screen Aspire One does on occasion boot up but has not done Acer Aspire One AOD260 Black Screen Of Death so in the last hours The power light stays on and the fan starts and you can hear it working but the screen is black i have read about flashing the BIOS but can only find articles on doing this to other models and not this one and have also downloaded the updated BIOS files from the Acer website i have a USB stick with the files on but not sure what to do with them any help with this would be most appreciated as i have spent days trying to find a solution with no avail have even contacted Acer who were not helpful in the slightest anyway many thanks in advance for any help Kind regards mini nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

One morning, laptop powers-on (Blue led on power button and on front bezel), no display, fans spin up and down, CD drive makes the usual seek sound. Attached external screen from my desktop, no display either, no POST!!. Removed HD, RAM, NIC, no change. No beeping what so ever, really looks like the notorious Acer BSOD i've read about. What I need is the EXACT name I should rename the BIOS file (JE70D118.ROM) to be able to use the Phoenix BIOS recovery function (FN+ESC+PWR) with the BIOS file on a USB key or SD card. Seems to be a national secret or something... Acer does not seem to have this documented anywhere.... including the actual BIOS recovery procedure.... so I'm hoping someone has access to said information... Yes, I've tried the PhoenixTool, it doesn't give me the file name..... Freddy....  

A:Aspire 7551-2575 (MS2310) Black Screen of Death - ...

Try the following link: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/ "The instructions below specify using arbitrary names (like bios.fd) for the recovery information. In most cases you can determine the correct file recovery name for your machine by using Andy P?s SLIC tool from My Digital Life. This will help you determine the correct recovery name for your BIOS when you load it into the tool and will also help you make sure you correctly identify your BIOS type (Award, AMI, Phoenix, Insyde, etc.)"

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-7551-2575-MS2310-Black-Screen-of-Death-Recovery-BIOS-file/td-p/314254/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.71%

One morning, laptop powers-on (Blue led on power button and on front bezel), no display, fans spin up and down, CD drive makes the usual seek sound. Attached external screen from my desktop, no display either, no POST!!. Removed HD, RAM, NIC, no change. No beeping what so ever, really looks like the notorious Acer BSOD i've read about. What I need is the EXACT name I should rename the BIOS file (JE70D118.ROM) to be able to use the Phoenix BIOS recovery function (FN+ESC+PWR) with the BIOS file on a USB key or SD card. Seems to be a national secret or something... Acer does not seem to have this documented anywhere.... including the actual BIOS recovery procedure.... so I'm hoping someone has access to said information... Yes, I've tried the PhoenixTool, it doesn't give me the file name..... Freddy....  

A:Aspire 7551-2575 (MS2310) Black Screen of Death - ...

Try the following link: https://www.bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/ "The instructions below specify using arbitrary names (like bios.fd) for the recovery information. In most cases you can determine the correct file recovery name for your machine by using Andy P?s SLIC tool from My Digital Life. This will help you determine the correct recovery name for your BIOS when you load it into the tool and will also help you make sure you correctly identify your BIOS type (Award, AMI, Phoenix, Insyde, etc.)"

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-7551-2575-MS2310-Black-Screen-of-Death-Recovery-BIOS-file/td-p/314254
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all

My mother in law has an acer aspire 5732Z, yesterday she was fiddling with the touch pad sensitivity and suddenly her screen went black. Each time she tries restarting, she gets the windows 7 startup screen, but just before getting to the log in screen, the screen goes black. The mouse pointer is still on the screen and she can hear that the computer is still on. But besides that, nothing can make it start up properly.

I have tried talking her through safe mode startup, but that didn't do anything. She has pulled out the battery and restarted, which does nothing either. What else can we try? This is less than 1 year old.

Thanks for any help

A:Black screen of death with mouse pointer - acer aspire 5732Z

Oh another note. This does not seem anything like the blue screen of death, which I experienced about a year ago with my own Dell laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217444-black-screen-death-mouse-pointer-acer-aspire-5732z.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everyone, I thought I may be able to help at least one person with an ''ASPIRE ONE LAPTOP'' with the so called ''black screen of death problem. Follow this link http://techniciansguides.blogs.....-user.html
After following the simple steps provided my ASPIRE ONE was somehow incredibly working again. If you give it a try, you must follow the instructions very carefully or it just won't work. Bye from Brinna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-aspire-one-black-screen-of-death-fixed-by-pressing-a-few-buttons.924067/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello My acer aspire has the black screen of death It happened after using the erecovery Anyway I ve been trying to find specific instructions for my model to flash the bios Screen 5515 Acer Death.* Black for using Flashing USB W/ BIOS of Aspire using a USB The only tutorials that I ve found are mostly for acer aspire one notebooks I have another laptop that I ve been using to download the bios from the acer website I tried to flash using the instructions from the manual for my but it s apparent that I m doing something wrong since my notebook never boots and still has a black screen Here are the instructions for my Flashing BIOS using USB for Acer Aspire 5515 W/ Black Screen of Death.* notebook Steps for BIOS Recovery from USB Storage Before doing this prepare the Crisis USB key The Crisis USB key could be made by executing the Crisis Disk program in another system with Windows XP OS Follow the steps below Save ROM file file name JAL x fd to the root directory of USB storage Plug USB storage into USB port Press Fn ESC button then plug in AC The Power button flashes once Press Power button to initiate system CRISIS mode When CRISIS is complete the system auto restarts with a workable BIOS Update the latest version BIOS for this machine by regular BIOS flashing process Also I m confused about how to make my USB gb bootable is there anything special that i have to do to it first Do I need to rename the ROM file or keep it as is Which bios files do I need to copy to my USB Is there some sort of download such as Unetbootin that I need to use As you can see I m lost There s so much information and methods of flashing that I don t know specifically whats best for my model Id really appreciate any advice that can bring my notebook back to life nbsp

A:Flashing BIOS using USB for Acer Aspire 5515 W/ Black Screen of Death.*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flashing-bios-using-usb-for-acer-aspire-5515-w-black-screen-of-death.1039008/
Relevancy 77.4%

About a month ago I was having troubles with my laptop "black Acer death" one Aspire screen AO751h of where the battery percentage would always say or or just die right after I unplug my laptop I was told that it wasn t my battery just needed to update my bios SOOOOO one day I finally decided to update my bios and made the worst Acer Aspire one AO751h "black screen of death" mistake possible I was running the update when I thought my laptop had frozen and I pretty much panic d and forced my laptop to shut off I did read on the update when I launched quot do not shut off computer quot and that s exactly what I did it was an automatic reaction simply because I did not know the update started the moment I opened the exe file since it didn t say that in the quot readme txt quot file SO of course now my laptop is gone black screen when I cut it on I ve read tutorials all online about this issue with an acer aspire one netbook on how to fix this but the tutorial seems to be for that ONE SPECIFIC NETBOOK which is the acer aspire one aa I tried following that tutorial with the bios files from the acer website for my laptop but they don t have the files for my netbook that the tutorial goes off of I came here for help to see if anyone could help me because I pretty much figured since it s an problem that was fixable on that model there has to be some sort of way I can fix this with my laptop Like the title it s an Acer Aspire One ZA AO h and has Windows Vista Bit Yes I do understand my laptop is pretty much done and useless if this isn t fixable Thanks is advance nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all, I am david. I urgently need your help. I have been using Acer Aspire E5-471G laptop for about a year. My wireless network is OK until today as I cant connect to my home wifi. I can see all the wireless connections there but when I try to connect it, I cant describing cannot connect to that network.So, I used my phone to open wifi hotspot and let my laptop connect it, but my laptop still cant connect my phone wifi.The problem might be in my laptop, not in the wifi router, I thinkThen, I checked my network adapter in device manager to make sure it is working properly and it also shows the driver software is up to date as well.Could you please help me solve my problem?Really appreciate it!!!  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-471G-wifi-problems/td-p/457156
Relevancy 71.81%

Ive installed BIOS 1.29 on my Aspire V3-471G and after the shut down screen the screen just went black but the laptop is still on. i cant manually shut it down as well. its still running but with a black screen. Please help asap!

A:BIOS 1.29 problem for Acer Aspire V3-471G

Disconect the AC adapter.Press and hold the power button till the computer and all indicator lights turn's off.    Click the Kudos to say ?Thanks? for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/BIOS-1-29-problem-for-Acer-Aspire-V3-471G/td-p/359076
Relevancy 71.81%

I Got Driver Issue on my v5-471g ive got everthing up and running with windows 8.1 driver except the  audio driverhelp me!! btw my laptop was upgraded from windows 7 and if you can link me to a full windows 10 driver page for the Acer Aspire V5-471G since the driver on the product page only goes up to windows 8.1 btw my laptop was upgraded from windows 7

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-471G-Just-Updated-Windows-10-Aniversary-Edition-Need/td-p/450800
Relevancy 71.81%

Ive installed BIOS 1.29 on my Aspire V3-471G and after the shut down screen the screen just went black but the laptop is still on. i cant manually shut it down as well. its still running but with a black screen. Please help asap!

A:BIOS 1.29 problem for Acer Aspire V3-471G

Disconect the AC adapter.Press and hold the power button till the computer and all indicator lights turn's off.    Click the Kudos to say ?Thanks? for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/BIOS-1-29-problem-for-Acer-Aspire-V3-471G/td-p/359076/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

I just updated my Windows via Windows Update, and my audio sounded weaker. Apparently, Dolby wasn't working anymore, and here's the message:I tried reinstalling the latest Realtek driver for my laptop. I'm using Aspire V3-471G.Also, I'm using Windows7 What do I do?  

A:Acer Aspire V3-471G Dolby Problem

Dolby digital plus audio driver is 7.6.3.1 and the software application expects driver 7.3.2.2. Please install a valid driver and software combo. I have the same issue. Furthermore acer support is so **bleep**. I have to log in like 10 times or if I call the callcentre they give me the run around 10 times. Looked on dolby website and they refer you  back to acer. God Acer support system is crap.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Acer-Aspire-V3-471G-Dolby-Problem/td-p/352741
Relevancy 71.81%

Does Acer Aspre V3-471G have keyboard backlit? 

A:Does Acer Aspire V3-471G have keyboard backlit?

Hello, No backlit keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Does-Acer-Aspire-V3-471G-have-keyboard-backlit/td-p/463285
Relevancy 71.81%

I just updated my Windows via Windows Update, and my audio sounded weaker. Apparently, Dolby wasn't working anymore, and here's the message:I tried reinstalling the latest Realtek driver for my laptop. I'm using Aspire V3-471G.Also, I'm using Windows7 What do I do?  

A:Acer Aspire V3-471G Dolby Problem

Dolby digital plus audio driver is 7.6.3.1 and the software application expects driver 7.3.2.2. Please install a valid driver and software combo. I have the same issue. Furthermore acer support is so **bleep**. I have to log in like 10 times or if I call the callcentre they give me the run around 10 times. Looked on dolby website and they refer you  back to acer. God Acer support system is crap.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Acer-Aspire-V3-471G-Dolby-Problem/td-p/352741/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 70.95%
Relevancy 70.95%
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an aspire v5-471g, the windows is not booting and i cannot get into bios either. It shows acer logo then restarts and keep on doing the same thing. I've tried everything, every key even i removed the motherboard battery also but it doesnt help. The problem occured after upgrading it to windows 10, it did not support it and started showing blue screen and shortly after that it gave me this problem. When i press the power button it shows acer logo and keeps on restarting and doesnt starts the windows or goes to boot menu. Appreciate if someone could help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-471g-flashing-the-acer-logo-and-not-going-into-bios-or/td-p/443370
Relevancy 70.95%

I have an aspire v5-471g, the windows is not booting and i cannot get into bios either. It shows acer logo then restarts and keep on doing the same thing. I've tried everything, every key even i removed the motherboard battery also but it doesnt help. The problem occured after upgrading it to windows 10, it did not support it and started showing blue screen and shortly after that it gave me this problem. When i press the power button it shows acer logo and keeps on restarting and doesnt starts the windows or goes to boot menu. Appreciate if someone could help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-v5-471g-flashing-the-acer-logo-and-not-going-into-bios-or/td-p/443370/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi been tying to solve BlackSOD for awhile now can be very in frequent problem then at other times I will get a Death Screen Gaming of of Screen or Black Black Death lots of Blacksod all at once PC will fail most of the day for days on end Then Balcksod stops for while like right NOW Today PC booted no problems able to post Last night PC would not work at all for hours PC was going into a BlackSOD when staring Windows or Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death soon after Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death desktop appears Here are my specs All compents where bought in at PC Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death D I Y store PC D I Y then built the PC not me OS win bit Home premium purchased at PC D I Y install by PC D I Y on the or thereabouts reading off invoice AGE OF SYSTEM HARDWARE All components where new when built on the or thereabouts AGE of OS OS has not been re-installed since it was first installed but have re-installed from a backup approx ONCE to try and stop BlackSOD which started sometime in FEB March CPU Intel Hz GTs QPI M CACHE LGA GPU ATI using ATI version using older driver as driver Blacksod still happened Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth-X LGA DDR SATA UBS RAID RMGS- GBRM PSU PWCO-HX- Corsair HX- ATX Modular PSU mmFAn Plus sliver CASE Antec Two Black ATX Tower Case lots of fans System manufacturer Exact mode number

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

There could be a possible problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltage, or a bad CPU.

Download and install Prime95 (if you don't already have it installed) and perform the test
-Open Prime95 and choose Just stress testing
-Run each test (Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend) for a few hours each to see if there are any errors produced or critical temps reached.

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8008925038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce475c64645785
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/2/2013 17:42:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80089250b8
Section @ fffffa8008925190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925100
Section @ fffffa8008925250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8008925250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925148
Section @ fffffa80089252d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x00003880068fac3b
Misc. : 0x0000000000007fff

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Thu May 2 13:42:27.610 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.687
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-or-black-gaming-screen-of-death-694542.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi My first time I had this Gaming or of Death Black Screen Death of Screen Black BlackSOD problem was while playing BF a few months ago one day all good next BlackSOD the only way out was a reboot as keyboard and mouse where non- responsive The only thing I had done was install an ATI beta driver I got rid of it and went for the normal one ATI driver Since then I have come to suspect the drivers for ATI now using non Beta tried ATI ones still got the BlackSOD amp Razer deathadder when I was using the Synapse version I'm now using the legacy DeathAdder driver v Eng instead Still getting BlackSOD But since I'm Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death here posting I would like know how to stop the BlackSOD as would half the planet At this time my PC has been Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death running for hours Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death will out any problems using the ATI but last week when I was using the ATI drivers it took attempts of trying to get the PC to stay ON As of the PC boots up with out any problems Until of course I run anything like a GAME Then I can be certain a BlackSOD will happen at some point like a few nights ago while playing BF for a few hours BlackSOD in the middle of a game The BF gamers nightmare I tried to do an Up-grade using my Win home that is keep all my stuff and let window re-install itself but the Windows Compatibility Report comes but BLANK only saying quot An error prevented a required compliance check from completing Cancel the installation and try upgrading again quot A clean install is something I don't want to do as yet but that seem to be the path unless there a FIX Things I have noticed Black screen lol Synapse after using their update button my mouse had a bar not a pointer Got rid of Synapse long beep followed by short one Only heard it once yep it's the graphics card but here I'm posting so it may not be this only happens sometimes when tying to re-install the ATI driver software NEVER when the PC starts amp then goes into a BlackSOD I get one beep saying ok then BlackSOD after I have logged in and start moving my mouse around and doing stuff OR BlackSOD within seconds before I get to log in Plugging in my Razer usb headphones only sometimes the PC beeps soon after BlackSOD USB confilcts maybe Update have move USB stuff around to different ports Strange Audio garble sometimes after the BSOD happens Using the sabertooth On board RealTek Have not installed the ATI HDMI audio Fixes so far After the BF BSOD a few months back I used a back up Paragon Software Backup and Recovery Free to re-install System was stable for a while but updating ATI dirvers and Razer brought the BlackSOD back The Paragon backup is oldish so saving the important data now using Genie Time line pro Now using Atiman Uninstaller to remove and then re-install ATI Before I followed net directions deleting all by hand Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean and do what it does Plus CC cleaner run SFC scannow only got to can't fix errors which I suspect is the reason for the Compatibility Report amp upgrade won't work stuff that's missing is jpegs from window screensaver I guess given what in the CBS log plus desktop ini post here Ps I don't suspect malware as i have all the goodies to keep me safe plus I don't go near weird sites unless Gaming and Nasa is weird Any help would be good cheers Update Have install Afterburner to controls fans and last night after two hours of planetside system had another BlackSOD inside the zip are files from system events logs from last night This is the first time that the system has recorded anything to events expect to say quot system was shutdown unexpectedly quot which is me doing a hard reboot So progress Have all the tools and have set the dump files ran Driver Verifier didn't get a BlueSOD dump file no idea why Here are the two Error codes generated by Driver Verifier copied form the BlueSOD x c x e xfffff af c x Driver Verifier set... Read more

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

First things first update your BIOS it is very old:

Code:
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1304 , 2/08/2011
Next uninstall the following it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Care 365
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Disk Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wrye Bash
Next run some hardware tests the errors you are getting indicate possible hardware failure / defects:
Furmark will stress test your GPU
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature" (BurnIn test in newer versions).
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Also report the temperatures of your GPU at idle, and when it maxes out during the stress test
Next run prime95 this will stress test your ram/CPU:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Again report your temperatures at idle and under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288642-black-screen-death-black-gaming-screen-death.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite L D- X computer for the kids and for the Death/Blue of Screen Death Black Screen of price it's a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death good laptop Have had no issues with it until two weeks ago when the screen froze for the boys whilst playing a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death game and downloading a program from the net Had to do a force shutdown and since then we have a BSoD on every boot-up This is what we have tried On 'Starting Windows' we are given an option of either 'Launch Startup Repair' which ends up as BSoD or 'Start Windows Normally' which reverts back to the 'Starting Windows' option list Any attempt to enter 'Safe Mode' results in BSoD Attempting to boot an ISO of the Windows Recovery Disk on a USB key we did highlight it and promote it to the top results in BSoD Borrowing a proper Window installation DVD and highlighting this as an option results in BSoD In fact the only option we used that threw up something different was using advanced boot options On one of these options we got the Blue Screen of Death with the following information Unmountable Boot Volume Disable Bios Memory Options such as caching shadowing Tech info Stop x ED xFFFFFA C CDO xFFFFFFFFC x x I don't mind erasing the hard drive and starting again there's nothing on it that's critical I'd very very much appreciate a steer on this Checked the web for stuff and nothing seems to assist in any other options I am not particularly tech literate but can follow instructions Thanks in advance PS I have not been able to access any option that allows me to either format the drive access DOS or any other options that allows me to try any of the rational things you've set up in your sticky I'm in Dublin Ireland in case you're wondering about the timeline

A:Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hi, malbekh; and welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118570-black-screen-death-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Acer aspire one zg you know the little mini laptops Well my problem is that it wont turn on This is what happened Last night i finished my homework decided to play a game im not sure if your familiar with the game worms well i like alot so i decided to try to find a site to download it from I found one and downloaded the game now i have mcafee installed so im feeling pretty confident that nothing bad will happen And the copy i was downloading was not Help screen one Acer of death. aspire please!! blue illegal it was only a demo since Acer aspire one blue screen of death. Help please!! you have to purchase the whole game But anyways it came in a winrar archive so i extracted the files and clicked on the setup a notice popped up that said quot mcafee has blocked and removed a trojan something quot So i deleted the files cuz i dont want a virus on my pc Then i try anothe site now this one is probably questionable to say the least i decided to download the application instead of the files seeing as how a second ago mcafee had protected my pc i felt like nothing would happen So i do and my computer goes to the blue error screen and then shuts off It restarts and everything looks okay so i decide to give up on the game and im about to start a scan to remove anything that might have come in with the application and my pc just turns to the blue screen again and restarts i cant read what error it is because it only stays there for about second and restarts And thats where it is now i turn it on it goes to the blue screen it restarts it goes to the blue scree restarts over and over Thats all it does it doenst get to the desktop or even the welcome page Im decent with computers and can figure out how to fix some problem but mostly problem that occur while the computer is on such as the famous quot personal antivirus quot trojan i can get rid of it easily but now that my computer wont even start i have no clue what to do If you have any ideas please let me know i would truly appreciate it one thing to keep in mind is that my laptop does not have a cd dvd drive or a floppy drive Please help if you can thank you nbsp

A:Acer aspire one blue screen of death. Help please!!

Can you start it in safe mode?
vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-blue-screen-of-death-help-please.874177/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 64.5%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 64.07%

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

A:Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Problem When booting the then black Motherboard - =( screen death screen splash of computer after the motherboard splash screen the screen turns black and nothing happens Everything is still on and the fans are running PC Spec's Motherboard Asus M A -E SAM ATX Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz MB W AM RAM Corsair GB DDR MHz Cl XMS - Graphics x Crossfired XFX PCIe HD MB Power supply Corsair VX W HDD Windows installed HD GB Samsung SP SATA- RPM Spinpoint F HDD GB storage DVD DVD RW Samsung X DL This PC has been in use for approximately a year Facts When I turn the power on all fans start running like they normally do Using the ASUS Express Gate splashtop that launches before the motherboard splash screen I'm able to browse all my files on both harddrives Pressing DELETE at the motherboard splash screen takes me to the Bios Setup Utility which I can navigate At the Bios Setup Utility it says that the Primary IDE Master and Primary IDE Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =( Slave are quot Not Detected quot Not sure if this is significant According to the Bios Setup Utility it should attempt to boot from the correct HDD Trying to boot from the second HDD yields the same results Pressing TAB at the motherboard splash screen to view BIOS POST Message only leads to the same black screen Switching the monitor made no difference The monitor can't find a signal from any other ports I'm at my wit's end I do not understand what's causing this I've recently bought a new monitor but switching back to the old one made no difference I've installed a bunch of Steam games and updated Sims but other than that I've done no major changes to the system in the past few days I've been able to shut down and start the computer without issues until this morning when this happened I really don't know what to do Can anyone help me I'd be eternally grateful for any and all help I can get

A:Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =(

I went into the Bios Setup Utility and reset to factory defaults. I then changed the boot order so that I would boot from DVD before HDD. For some reason this did it. It now works. Maybe it just needed time to rest? Because this hardly sounds like the solution to my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/motherboard-splash-screen-then-black-screen-of-death-539407.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 64.07%

I have an ACer Aspire one D - At varying amounts of time of computer being on the computer goes to the Blue Screen Of Death BSOD I have seen different reasons given for possible problems One problem is that the Blue Screen only stays on screen for a couple of seconds not enough time to read the screen It is on for a couple of seconds and at the bottom of screen it mentions dumping which only takes a couple of seconds then computer blanks out and reboots I was able to take one picture with camera of one of the blue screen appearances But like I said earlier the reasons given are not always the same just don t have the time to read it I have done a Blue ACER Death Screen Aspire Of one D255-2256 complete recovery to factory settings and default settings Still ACER Aspire one D255-2256 Blue Screen Of Death gets the blue screen I am not really computer savvy I usually can muddle my way through problems even if it is complete rebooting recovery Usually settles things But not this time Still having problems with BSOD nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Just quickly typing this in safe mode. I updated my malwarebytes and I was told to restart pc (because it had found 18 pup's) which I did. Now after the wellcome screen it fades to black so only the white cursor is seen. This is a real pain and I don't know if the driver has gone again. My next reply will be on my tablet, can anyone offer any suggesstions on what do to please? Am running windows 7.

A:Black screen of death

Hi,
If available, I'd start with the install disk and do a startup repair. The next step will depend on the results of this first step
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529888/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi AAAAAAAAAArgh running windows xp professional, on boot up pc seems to load ok right upto logo screen , no strange beeps or noises but the screen turns black , can still see the arrow cursor and can move it but cannot see anything else on screen . Tried F8 works ok to get safe mode screen up can move up and down the headings with arrow keys to select any heading , tried various but the same happens just a black screen . tried loading recovery cd that came with the Mesh Matrix PC nothing happens . The actuall pc sounds fine but its about to go through the window can any body guide me through this , PLEASE . Martin

Just a thought but, canu get into bios and check the vid to see if is being regonized at all or if thier are additional setting, kinda sound like my issue
refer to my post!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.837203/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi after my computer boots it gets stuck on a black screen with a mouse cursor in the middle. I have been researching and reading for a solution but have not found one that works for me. I can't boot into safe mode or even safe mode with command prompt so i cant do any registry fixes which some people suggest. Iv also tried last known good configuration but that didnt work either. ctrl + alt + delete doesn't work either. iv tried doing a clean install and using the windows diagnostics and recovery toolset version 6. but they havnt worked either after the loading files bar the KSOD comes back again, it is like the computer cannot read the discs or it wont boot from them. Please does anyone have any solutions that i may try? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

If your motherboard has integrated graphics, enable them in BIOS. Also check if the gpu is properly positioned. If not, buy a cheap 9400GT and exchange it for the card you currently have to test out the motherboard.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/242767-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello I have spent a considerable amount Black Death screen of of time googling for a resolution to the Windows black screen of death Sadly I have not been able to find a solution on my own I would appreicate any help with this I ve seen this before on Vista but none of the fixes have resolved my issue I am not exactly sure what was done to cause this I last used my pc on Sunday to google a few things No updates were installed no drivers updated Just minutes or so of googling Today I turn on my pc and I get the black screen with the white mouse cursor I have been able to bring up sticky keys and than from there open explorer At this point I have ran Malwarebytes and NOD scans All of which have come up clean I was not surprised as these scans are ran on regular intervals The only solution I have found that regularly poppped up in google searches was the registry change to add NT Authority as the data value for one of Black screen of Death the reg keys However this was already set on my pc and did not need changed I have also tried the solution Here but I think it was just the same thing as the registry change I did manually I have also tried to restore the pc to an earlier time This also did not work -Thanks

A:Black screen of Death

Try here: http://www.troublefixers.com/black-screen-...ter+troubles%29

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296398/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 63.64%

Im having trouble with this computer pretty much at every step it went from a simple Screen Death... Of Black upgrade of the motherboard and processor to upgrading processor mb memory and case Heres Black Screen Of Death... some details i purchased a mb cpu and memory of ebay off ebay it guarenteed the mb worked fine it got here and the processor was shot it still booted but once windows started loading it froze then i checked bios and it was running at degrees so i tossed the processor and the fan I got a upgrade of the processor from AMD XP to and a new fan Put it in and black screen of death nothing at all I removed the SCSI cables and removed the memory to see if i got any beeping from the internal speaker but nothing at all the motherboard doesnt have on board video so im using a AGP expansion card for that any suggestions Ive also took out the new processor and put the old one back in and i still get nothing I also realized that BIOS needed to be flashed to use the new processor but i havent done that yet nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.694137/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I bought this computer at a garage sale. Seemed to work fine after I installed Win XP, Office XP and a couple other softwares. Then I installed my Printer Driver (Canon Multipass C555 for XP). It prompted to restart the computer when I clicked OK. It did seem to restart - could hear the drives spinning, the lights on and maybe the fan on but no signal to the keyboard. When I connect or disconnect the Monitor cable, it flickers for a second but nothing on the screen. Tried changing the Monitor - This one powers up with a blue screen all by itself but as soon as I connect it to the computer, it blacks out.

I am kinda not very familiar with Hardware (Have only been as far as installing a RAM or a CD Drive).
The computer is a Pentium II with only 64 MB of RAM.
PLEASE HELP!!!

A:Black Screen of Death?

Not sure but I think it's against the law to put XP on a pentium II with 64 megs of ram

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.392263/
Relevancy 63.64%

I went to turn on my laptop this morning to print out my project before class started. Unfortunately for me, i recieved the black screen of death. This means that i got a black screen with a little white cursor in the upper left blinking. I waited and waited thinking that maybe the operating system would loan eventually; that was not the case. I restarted it and once again i got nothing. Is this a serious problem? and if so how can i fix it?

A:Black Screen of Death!

Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the recovery or restore software for this computer?

Also some system specs along with make, model, OS, and service packs installed would be good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.627061/
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok so my friend of Black death? screen gave me his laptop so i could fix it but I cant seem to be able to so i need sum help from the community Laptop Toshiba Satellite L - s OS Vista Home On boot it loads the BIOS then goes onto loading vista NO splash screen just a black screen with a cursor active i can move the cursor around UNABLE TO Ctrl Alt Delete nothing happens absolutely nothing pop up no task manager or login nothing Booting into safe mode command prompt nothing pops up not even the CMD just the black screen with cursor agian Booting from vista disc again nothing happens it loads vista then black screen nothing shows up and yes i changed boot order to CD first I even attempted to do a clean install with windows loaded windows no splash screen just a black screen BIOS Detects Black screen of death? hard drive ram cpu so i do not believe Black screen of death? it is a hard ware issue but i could be wrong possibly a corrupt bios never delt with this before so if it is could some one give me step by step instructions on how to fix it plz so i need your Black screen of death? guys help with potential fix can not do a reformat as i can not boot from the discs no CMD or safe mode or task manager nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.961709/
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm having issues with random freezes (crashes) with my laptop that I upgraded from pre-loaded Vista to Windows 7 Enterprise.

I'm not exactly sure where to begin, and searching the internet brought me to this forum. Any and all help would be appreciated.

A:Black Screen of Death??

I get something like this also. It is a black screen with a blue square in the middle. It says something like dumping memory to somewhere, then shuts off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114439-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hopefully I am in the right forum here Sorry if I am not I ran into a problem the other day I was playing everquest when i got the infamous blue screen of death When windows finished dumping the memory the computer rebooted itself went through all its bios stuff with out any errors showing that I can see When it came time for windows to load nothing came up I got the black screen of death with the cursor in the upper left corner which blinked a few times then it dropped down two lines where it sits and blinks for as long screen death black of as I let it When I went to open up the computer case the area on the top back of the case was extremely hot area of the power supply I open everything up the usual dust is settled on everything So I blow and vaccuum everything out reseat the ram video card and cpu Try it again and same thing black screen of death My keyboard is a logitech which is bluetooth and it won t allow me to get into bios so my next step there is to get a ps keyboard But until then I figured I would post here and see what you guys thought might be the culprit Hard drives spool up no unusual beeps from the mobo Thank you System MSI K A Platinum AM AM AMD FX ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz x MB L Cache Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor CORSAIR XMS GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit black screen of death Desktop Memory MSI RX -T D E OC Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Western Digital Caviar SE WD AAJS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive x in standard non raid mode ZPower w power supply about yrs old SAMSUNG BW Black quot ms GTG DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support cd m DC Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP -bit English pk DSP OEI DVD for System Builders - OEM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.724023/
Relevancy 63.64%

my dell xps 420 was on and the power went on and now when i turn my computer on all i get is my cursor and a black screen. I can get to the BIOS though. Has anyone got this before and fixed it without replacing any hardware?

Relevancy 63.64%

st time here so please bare with me Upon start up recently my computer Window Asus NoteBook Model S L -the desktop is black No Icons no task bar and nothing at the side Only mouse is available For now Screen Death Black of what im doing to overcome this is open Task manager end task for the window explorer and then click new task explorer Black Screen of Death exe and then my desktop task bar and everything will show up again This is ok but its pretty annoying to have to keep doing it again every time i turn on my computer so is there a way i can make them standard again like i turn on my com Black Screen of Death and the Black Screen of Death desktop and all just show up normally Is there any easy way to like reset this without losing all my files Prior to all of that the st few signs of my computer having some issues is that whenever I would login there would be a light blue covering over my whole computer screen All features worked fined except that it required some loading before any of the things I clicked opened which only after awhile the blue screen would lift and then computer speed were back to normal Extra info would be i ve asked answer microsoft Did a Clean Boot SFC scan details of the SFCdetail txt - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI b SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI SR Cannot repair member file l quot Amd CNBJ DPB quot of prncacla inf Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE AMD Culture neutral VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type l quot driverUpdate quot TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Windows Vista SP -bit with GB RAM and ATi Radeon s CrossFireX Anyways I have a program called System Mechanics you ve all probably heard of it before it s a great program for cleaning up your hard drive and defragging your memory However I ran it last night and told the program Screen of Black Death to automatically restart the computer when it was finished after it finished and restarted Black Screen of Death I was greeted with the atrocious Black Screen of Death with a Cursor though it isn t blinking and I can move it freely however there s nothing I can do with Black Screen of Death it considering the bottom task-bar is nonexistent and the Black Screen of Death entire screen is black I ve tried some of the solutions I can t even do the CTRL ALT DELETE to get into the Task Manager and manually start explorer exe Help me please The only sort of reaction I can get from the system is to get Stick Keys to pop-up when I hit the shift-key five times I am very confused I have no external Hard Drives hooked up to it and there are no thumb-drives connected via USB either I m a thoroughly stumped here Please help me nbsp

A:Black Screen of Death

Hi and welcome,
Can you at least boot in to Safe Mode as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode ? Someone may then be able to try to help you further.

Unfortunately it's too late for now to tell you that reg cleaners/boosters are not well thought of here at TSG, but for the future here's why: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Registry_Cleaners

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1042371/
Relevancy 63.64%

Just had my first Black of death. screen black screen of death Windows bit intel quad Q Nvidia geforce gts running at deg Celsius which Black screen of death. is a bit on the high side I guess gig SSD Computer has been running all day The temperature here is not high but I see the card may be a little high I was working and the screen turned black without a mouse pointer I have been running windows for a while so it isnt a new update The BlackSOD seems to occur rarely if google is to believed I updated the nvidia drivers about weeks ago so that seems an unlikely culprit About months ago I got the new Black screen of death. SSD put in and plus a bigger new fan for the cooling Seems to be running fine fan There have been no major changes to the computer of late I haven't been able to do a system restore with because I keep getting an error that a file cant be over written I probably can if I destroy my restore points The system will not restore even with the virus protection avast off Like I said I didn't find much on the web so I am hoping someone here has some ideas Thanks in advance Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70710-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Please help i have a Toshiba laptop Satellite series L -S Problem- Once i death screen Black of hit the power button nothing boots only power and charging status lights come on number lock flashs for a second no beeps its just Black screen of death completly dead Trouble shoot- checked battery power drained removed both RAM cards Tried using multiple Boot from CD disk for BIOS i reset the battery CMOS on the laptop to no avail after taking it apart to the motherboard and resaldering the battery hoping it would reset it still does the same thing still thinking Im thinking either the graphics card is dead but not so sure since the computer just has no response to anything im doing please any help would be appreciated ill try anything im thinking i might need a new CMOS battery but come advise would be nice before i go buy one i bought a soldering tip and you can see how that didn t help much nbsp

"Problem- Once i hit the power button nothing boots, only power and charging status lights come on, number lock flashs for a second, no beeps,its just completly dead"...

The motherboard is probably bad, and it will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-of-death.177031/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello, was wondering if I could get some help as I am at the end of my knowledge database. I'm running windows 7 pro, pretty suse my husband clicred something he wasn't supposed to and now comp won't boot. Get a black screen with a movable mouse cursor. No safe mode, no task manager, I've tried running start up repair bother from f8 and windown disk and it says it cannot auto repair. Sys restore says no restore points even though I know there are some. Tried sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:windows says it found corruption but couldn't fix it. Do not want to do a wipe as I have pictures and such that are irreplaceable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:black screen of death

For the SFC scan you ran, did you try /offbootdir=*which ever drive letter is system reserved*? To find this out, open command prompt when you are start up repair or boot from a windows CD, and type diskpart. This will load Disk Management. Then type list volume. It will give you a list of all drives and drive letters. If you boot from a CD you can try doing the drive letter for the CD Rom and see if it can do an SFC scan from the CD. Worth a shot, and a method that has worked for me on occasion.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559205/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 63.64%

First of all I hope this is the correct section to put this in For the past days I have been trying to fix my computer but I am stumped My computer is running Windows Professical bit On Black of Death Screen Sunday night Black Screen of Death I turn on my computer It starts up like normal until screen where it asks if I want to boot into Startup Repair Recommended or Start Windows Normally I think nothing of it and just start it normally After I select that it reboots and goes back to that boot screen Naturally I just Black Screen of Death let it run Startup Repair I let it run overnight and in the morning I find my computer with a black screen and movable cursor I didn't think much of it so I rebooted and the black screen persists I look up possible solutions for this I later found out this problem is called the a Black Screen of Death or KSOD but have failed to discover a solution The following are all the solutions I have attempted CTRL ALT DEL nothing CTRL SHIFT ESC nothing SHIFT nothing Above key combinations with all safe modes nothing Safe Mode black screen with cursor Safe Mode w Networking black screen with cursor Safe Mode w Command Prompt black screen with cursor Last Known Good Configuration black screen with cursor Low resolution boot black screen with larger cursor Startup Repair Could not fix problem automatically System Restore Could not find restore point System Image Recover Could not find image Windows Memory Disgnostics nothing SRC Scan Unable to scan and says I must restart to scan Unplug external devices nothing Mashing random keys nothing Letting the black screen sit overnight nothing I have also tried other commands in command prompt but have forgotten what they are I am completely stumped This black screen was completely unprovoked Nothing out of the ordinary has occured The only thing I have noticed new is a new intel splash screen at startup but that can't mean anything I can't afford to do a complete system restore as I have important files on that computer needed for school If anybody has any other methods I'd greatly appreciate it If any other info is needed I'll willingly provide it

Some more trouble shooting here: How to Fix a PC Which Won't Boot: 7 steps - wikiHow

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276343-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey everyone!

hoping that you guys can help me.

When I turn on my DELL LATITUDE D600 laptop the dell screen comes up and the white bar loads... perfect.

Then the XP screen comes up and the little blue squares run accross the screen about 10 times... good to go.

This is where it messes up, the screen goes BLACK, but I can still hear XP running. I formatted my computer and re-installed XP twice. It runs XP during the innitial install, but once I turn off or restart the machine, I get the black screen again.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it, Id really appreciate it. You can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks everyone!

Relevancy 63.64%

Everytime I turn on my laptop I get a black screen after the Dell logo pops up. This has been happening for atleast a month now. The last time I got it to completely boot up I ran virus scans, malware scans, and tried doing a restore with all no such luck. The last thing I did on my laptop was create a PowerPoint presentation with no new hardware or software configuration. I took my laptop to my schools IT department and couldn't get it to boot up as well. any suggestions?

The laptop is Dell Studio 1558 with Windows 7 and an Intel Core i3.

Does it boot fine sometimes? Can it boot from bootable DVD for example a win7 install DVD?

do you have a win7 install DVD or win7 system repair disk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272917-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

quot MainBoard K VMM Bios AMIBIOS Version a Chipset VIA KM amp VT I have a black screen - and its death I have built a new system arround a K VMM main board But when I turn on the computer I get a blank screen I have tried to reset Death Screen of Black the bios using the jumper JP and doing so after removing the batery I have also tried holding down the Page Up key before I switch the machine on and also the Insert key I Black Screen of Death am using an Athlon processor but have also tried a and processor I am using MB of PC RAM I can not boot up or go into the BIOS There is nothing on the screen at all The power works fine to other devices fan turns power to the Hard Drive and the entire system works with a different main board ie all components work except the main board The monitor and keyboard are also working I think there is a problem with the BIOS Is there some way to reset Black Screen of Death to the default settings that I have missed I have tried everything that I can think of without any succcess Any bright ideas welcome quot nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my main hard drive, with XP Home SP3 on my second hard drive as a backup. A couple of days ago I had to use system restore in Windows 7, which seemed to go okay until it rebooted and I got the normal welcome screen and then the Black Screen of Death. I have tried all the Advanced Options, Repair your computer Safe Modes etc but every time I end up back at the BSOD. I cannot do a Repair Install as I cannot get into Windows 7.
Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks for you help.

A:Black Screen Of Death

Quote: Originally Posted by johnp

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my main hard drive, with XP Home SP3 on my second hard drive as a backup. A couple of days ago I had to use system restore in Windows 7, which seemed to go okay until it rebooted and I got the normal welcome screen and then the Black Screen of Death. I have tried all the Advanced Options, Repair your computer Safe Modes etc but every time I end up back at the BSOD. I cannot do a Repair Install as I cannot get into Windows 7.
Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks for you help.

Boot from the dvd and do a repair install from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65587-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'm having an interesting situation with a computer I built for a friend It happens randomly but if you touch the computer no noticeable electrical discharge occurs the screen goes into a reset type black screen all the fans rev up and that's it It stays like this until you either hit the reset switch or power off completely Once you reset you get the Windows did not shut down properly screen At first we thought it might be a faulty CD drive because it was happening when he pushed the CD drive eject button or when he closed the drive I switched out the CD drive for a new one and when I went to put the side panel back on I Screen Black death of NOT touched the body of the case with the panel and it did it This doesn't happen regularly I can't recreate the problem I tried moving wires the case button pin connectors and moving the case around opening and closing the CD drive and nothing I put his case on his plastic floor mat and told him to try and avoid touching it until I figure this out We haven't tried a windows reinstall or anything software related He's running AVG free scan showed nothing I'm going to get him on Norton internet security and run a registry check with Registry Mechanic Any thoughts -ZALMAN CPU Cooler -LG X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH LS -COOLER MASTER Centurion CAC-T -WW Computer Case -Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD HJ Black Screen NOT of death GB RPM SATA - SAMSUNG TB RPM -CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V -EVGA -P - -TR GeForce GTS MB -bit DDR -ASUS M A TD PRO USB AM AMD FX -ASUS PCE-N PCI Express Wireless Adapter -G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC -AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM

A:Black Screen NOT of death

That kind of "screams" Hardware. No need to change any drivers. I would check each and every cable for damages (including checking everything between case and outlet for proper grounding) even anything coming from the PSU that isn't connected.

What I can't say from here is, if you guys are charged up statically by an unfortunate combination of carpet/footwear and lack of humidity or if you simply provide a better ground than the cables.
whatever the case...electrical current seems to run ways it's not supposed to and that pulls down your comp.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119902-black-screen-not-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

What's Up,

I was doing some homework on my desktop when all of a sudden the screen went black. I tried holding the power button down to see if that would shut it down but it didn't work. I unplugged it from the wall for 5mins and that didn't work either. The system is only 1 year and 1/2 old. I called and talked with the geek squad and they are wanting to charge me $100 just to look at it. A buddy of mine told me that my video card may need replacing. I have a Gateway GT4010; 1G RAM. Hawaii is very expensive, Help?

Relevancy 63.64%

Yesterday I was watching a movie on VLC media player when my whole laptop started freezing randomly and I had to wait minute until it unfroze and after that it was slow as sh t and I couldn t even restart it it would stay stuck on my desktop wallpaper Then I just got impatient and removed my laptop battery and unplugged the AC cord Then I restarted my laptop and I couldn t get passed the BIOS it just showed a black screen with no cursor or anything I tried pressing F to enter safe of How I screen death? black fix do a mode but the safe mode screen doesn t appear I also tried doing a system restore from my How do I fix a black screen of death? BIOS but it would just give me an error saying that the restore point was corrupted Also I did drop my laptop about mins before this happened but it wasn t even a foot drop and it was on carpet but I m guessing by this that something inside the laptop got dislocated or something And yes it was the only time I ve dropped it Also when you let the black screen on for How do I fix a black screen of death? about mins it goes into System Repair but How do I fix a black screen of death? that doesn t do anything at all I wouldn t mind just taking it to the shop and completely reinstalling Windows but I have about gb of music and I seriously don t want to lose it Yes I know I should have backed it up but I ve never had a problem before so I didn t expect this I have an HP G if that matters at all Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I was using my PC last week turned it off and when I turned it on Black of death screen on next day it kept the black screen with cursor only befor showing the welcome message from Windows Ctrl Alt Del don't work Ctrl Shift Esc don't Black screen of death work so I forced turn off I started my PC again in safe Black screen of death mode and it worked with internet after a few days the internet stoped working I tryed restoring my Windows my PC restart with the black screen again I went to safe mode and it gives me a error saying the Windows can't restore After a few days I tried going to Windows log and I've found a strange error And now I tryed to run the system log and it sayed quot Event Log is unavailable Verify that the service is running quot I guess this is the end of the line I don't want to reformat my PC but I guess I can't do anything else

I've been working with Windows in large scale environments since WinNT and when it a Windows install repeats problems just 'nuke & pave'.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-590098.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Sorry about the title just saw alot of BSOD threads and I guess it was just my attempt at a bad pun Anyways jokes aside the problem is pretty serious I'll try to explain it to the best of my abilities although it's a pretty weird one It all started yesterday while I was watching some videos on my computer when I started to feel a little sleepy Deciding I was too sleepy to concentrate I decided to put BLACK of screen death!!! the computer in sleep-mode so I could BLACK screen of death!!! pick up where I left off before going to sleep myself hours later I woke up and tried to turn it on by pressing BLACK screen of death!!! a key on my keyboard no response tried shaking and clicking my mouse no response checked the VGA and tried again no response power button no response So I gave up and hard reset the computer but when I tried to turn it on again now here is the weird part it would turn on put it wouldn't do anything The fans the lights cd-drive graphics card-fan all worked or were at least getting electricity yet no bios or loading screen or anything for that matter Long story short I've tried pretty much everything and I know that's a cliched statement-- but I've literally disassembled everything till it was just the Motherboard Graphics card and PSU And I've tried hooking it BLACK screen of death!!! up to a different monitor and I'm sure it's not the monitors since both work when hooked up to a different computer I've even tried reseting the BIOS manually no avail Looking through the net there aren't many other problems like it The closest I was able to find was this one Link Although even after reading it and trying everything The problem still persists I just hope it's nothing unrepairable When I was using it yesterday everything worked perfectly hell I even ran and played Crysis on med settings albeit without any lag fps drop So yea any help would be much appreciated Thank You

A:BLACK screen of death!!!

If you can't see the POST, it's probably a hardware problem.
Check the coolers (both CPU and video) to see if they are adequately powered, that their fans are working, and that there's nothing clogging the coolers.

The most likely component causing this type of problem is the video card - so try another video card. DON'T buy one unless you can return it for a full refund. We're just throwing parts at the problem until we can figure out what it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177064-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi guys, ive posted here before about my issue, thought it was resolved but apparently not.

I use after effects alot, and just recently it causes my PC to restart, no BSOD, no crash report, nothing, all it does is makes my PC screen go black, and restarts - asks me to run in safe mode incase of recovery etc - i cant for the life of me figure out why its doing this...

i did GPU, CPU, RAM stress tests and it didnt reoccur, did memtest with 11 passes and 0 errors...only seems to happen in after effects...

Event viewer shows that kernel lost power - nothing else...

help plz

A:Black screen of death.

anyone have any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135881-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hello new to here ok sorry for the confusion i had good old internet explorer just close every window on me while writing this problem so i am trying to install windows everything goes fine i get to the last check mark and it is of screen 64 death? bit Win Black 7 completing installation then my screen goes Win 7 64 bit Black screen of death? black Just BLACK it's the computer problem of my life i can't even begin to know what the real problem is windows support says it's probably a hardware device i am unfortunately running vista right now and i have ran Ubuntu on this desktop without any problems it is a custom build so i know enought to put it together just not enough to know the fine details of the drivers world so i am stumped i have let the Black screen sit for hours and nothing happend to make sure it was or was not installing i have to reset if i do and let it boot normally i get a windows logo and then black screen again if i go into safe mode it will tell me windows cannot complete installation and needs restart thus looping over and over i am going to try using another copy of win to see if my disc is corrupted otherwise i really have no idea any help would be great oh and my specs are intel core duo wolfdale ghz gigs DDR ram currently as i was told to take some out might help GIGABYTE GTX graphics SLI i have used drivers from CD and from internet no joy WD GB hard drive EVGA i SLI Mobo

A:Win 7 64 bit Black screen of death?

I have no idea whether or not your problem is similar, but someone on the forums recently solved a black screen problem of their own:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ws-screen.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/79335-win-7-64-bit-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I've been fighting over weeks now with this problem and after hours and hours Screen of Death Black of struggle I decided to look for a help I will be detail as possible and hope there is someone Black Screen of Death who can help me through this to fix the problem I Black Screen of Death have First here are my specs Intel i M GHz GB RAM Windows Ultimate bit GeForce GT M x My problem is rather deadly and I have no idea where it's coming form I'm getting a random black screen of death where the screen goes black and the computer completely freezes I know the computer has frozen because my friends on messengers like MSN or on Steam client Black Screen of Death displays me as offline It's not frequent but it seems it appears randomly WHILE I'm using Photoshop CS or RIGHT AFTER my video player KMPlayer plays a video file The video shows for a second and my computer goes into the black screen of death Since it's quite random and it doesn't happen for the most of the time so I cannot reproduce them to try new things such as playing a song to see if it stops immediately However I realized a similar issue occurs when I try to play a few PC games I own about Steam games and I've tried about games and here are the few games that suffers from the similar issue Audiosurf - ONLY HAPPENS on pro modes When the level loads and the camera view moves to the player there is a shutdown blink and the computer stops No sound Worms Reloaded - HAPPENS ON RANDOM Black Screen of Death Alien Breed - ALWAYS HAPPENS when the game loads shows the copyright notice at the beginning and right after that Black Screen of Death Since it always happens I tried running a music on the background and the music playback speed goes beyond slow as it kind of sounds like a bzzzz noise and stops eventually after about sec to min Lead and Gold Gands of the Wild West - ALWAYS HAPPENS when the game loads Same as Alien Breed right after the copyright notice appears there goes the Black Screen of Death Heroes of Newerth - HAPPENED ONCE out of hundreds of games each game lasts about - mins Random Black Screen of Death First thing you would think it's a graphic driver issue so I've uninstalled driver completely and reinstalled with various versions factory driver from the manufacturer latest from nVidia unofficial ones from LaptopVideo Go and NONE of them fixed the issue Of course I used applications like Driver Sweeper to make sure I go through a clean driver installation process So I figured graphic driver wasn't the problem but seeing the problem occurring while using a Photoshop questions this evaluation Now I really feel hopeless and am left with only frustration Please I would provide as many details as possible so help me solve this issue Thank you so much in advance

Relevancy 63.64%

I have an older dell latitude D610 laptop and recently went to turn it on and just as soon as the loading screen goes off it turns black with a cursor in the left hand top of the screen. That's all it does. On other computers i' ve had you could press F8 on the load screen and load windows from an earlier point but this one only has F2 and F12. I need help please

The Dell Latitude D610 is a 2005-era laptop that came with Windows XP.

When was Windows 7 installed in it?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1129619/
Relevancy 63.64%

Can someone help me with the steps to alliviate this black screen thanks.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hello On my desktop computer that's running Vista I've been getting a Black Screen of Death meaning when I start my computer it gives me a black screen with just a mouse cursor I can't use control alt delete of Screen Black Death to open task manager I can't do anything Starting Black Screen of Death windows in any of the safe modes gives me the same result I burned a recovery disc and am able to run startup repair but it doesn't find anything wrong my computer I can also run Black Screen of Death command prompt from that menu Here's a pretty detailed account of exactly what happened Hopefully some of it will be of use If not ignore it It started when one of my usb ports stopped working My mouse was plugged in to it so I had to move my mouse to a usb in the back of my computer The mouse still wouldn't work however and since this issue has been resolved in the past with restarting my computer I did just that When my computer started up my mouse worked but I would get a Blue screen of death at log-on It said service system exception I don't remember what else it said because it flashed by so quickly At this time I could still run in safe mode I assumed it was a driver issue as I recently downloaded a update for my graphics driver and it didn't seem to work very well with my system But then I read about this startup repair option using google So I found my recovery disc and run it at startup Here is where I think my problem started Apparently the repair tools were not on that disc and it was only for reinstalling windows I kept pressing next hoping to find the repair option This was really stupid of me as it started installing windows I quickly canceled but it wasn't fast enough because the next time I booted I got the boot manager is missing message at startup So then I burned myself a recovery disc and managed to get to startup repair using that Running that fixed the boot manager is missing at startup but still gave me the blue screen at startup So using safe mode I used system restore Unfortunately I didn't go to the restore point that was updating my graphics drivers but instead the restore point that was a couple days later which was a windows update I thought that if that restore point didn't work I would do the graphics one next Well I got another blue screen after doing the restore but the next time it rebooted it gave me the Black screen So now I can't even do another system restore as safe mode doesn't work any more I have googled the problem but none of the fixes worked so far for me The problem seems to be fairly old so that's why I'm hoping that you guys can give me a new solution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-594222.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, Im running Win 7 Home Premium

I have the black screen of death.

I restarted, it went to Startup Repair and for the past few hours haven't been doing much except searching for problems and fixing problems.

I tried to cancel it but it would hang, resulting in a forced restart.

I tried loading from the Recovery Disc, but every time I select the OS and to view the recovery options, it goes straightaway to Startup Repair. I would wish to choose System Restore.

Not too sure if this is linked, but the only downloads I did yesterday were the Windows Updates for June.

Anybody can offer some help? I can't get to the login screen. Just Startup Repair and restarts and Startup Repairs.

In the meantime I'm downloading another Repair Disc ISO to try. But i appreciate any help given!

Thanks

A:black screen of death

Can you boot into safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/90878-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok not sure what up but having of Black death screen tryed two hardrives makes me think its not a software issue And im stuck as the machine wont boot Hee is the story so far It had been months since id been on the internet so yesterday I updated and i ran S amp D AVG AdAware and updated Zone alarm from to and all was well I left my machine running over night it was still running in the morning but soon after turned itself off Now when i turn it on it give me the same error message box twice after booting Black screen of death into windows quot Validation failed for C WINDOWS SYSTEM VSINIT dll Your probably missing nessassary root certificate quot I didnt go any further and fist tryed rebooting it a couple of times Black screen of death sometimes the menue apears transparent and sometimes it Black screen of death seems ok and lauches programms no prob but each time the same message comes up twice i also tryed system restore to an earler time same message also tryed doing a repair from the Windows XP Pro cd then i get this message quot file i vgaoem fon could not be loaded The error code is set up cant continue quot Now this gets me worried and after a search i get different solusions some alien to me and some conflicting the only one i tried is at RUN typing sfc scannow but windows cant find it Now im lost and concerned any help much apreachated thanks in advance The commnad is sfc scannow notice the space after c and before if i can get the thing to boot ive tryed - times and it just hangs on a black screen no post I ve changed the power supply the same thing the hard drive tryes to start and sounds like it stops How can i tell if the hardrive has gone if i cant boot and i have no other hardrive have failed on me in the past year and a bit so i wouldnt be suprised if its happend again but this time i have no spare ps ill give it another go tommorow after it and me have cooled down Still no joy Have found and replaced the hardrive but still it doesnt post or beep or even give the monitor the green light Just a black screen The the harddrive bigins to whirl then stops i reset the cmos batery still nothing I did this as i remember it saying at boot something about the cmos being reset then something being updated then i noticed when it did boot the clock was But as ive now tried two harddrives im lost Has this now become a hardware problem and should i post it to the hard ware section Any ideas nbsp

Oops just noticed a similer post

http://forums.techguy.org/t403989.html

but have changed the power supply, so this means its got to be the mother board, as the caps lock does not light up?

and if i have to buy a new mother board what do you recomend as this one has only lasted a year and the one previous 2 years.

im using an
asus a7n8x delux
2400 amd

the asus board go good reviews but what is the best and most reliable board out there that will take an amd 2400?

The strange thing is it happend soon after the zone alarm update also. and the error message i got suggests that others have had trouble with it but found no answer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.405955/
Relevancy 63.64%

Was working on the laptop when all of a sudden it blue screened. I was unable to copy down the code before it reset, but once it turned back on, the desktop is black. This happens right after I login. The taskbar is still there but there is no start button. I can boot into safe mode and its works ok. I've checked the event viewer and the main thing seems to be saying: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.

Specs:
HP dv4t-1400
Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen of Death?

If this is recent, you might want to try the System Restore option through the Windows safe mode.That should restore any changes that is causing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435750/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi I recently Screen Death Black of started up my Black Screen of Death desktop and suddenly it was a black screen with only the Black Screen of Death cursor There was nothing I can do can't get into task manager or anything I tried going into repairs Black Screen of Death during the startup and tried system restore and the others but no go Safemode does not work either same black screen issue We tried putting in a Vista upgrade disk in but after you click on install vista I receive a message stating quot A required CD DVD drive device is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB please insert it now quot I tried downloading the driver file from the hp site and also extracted the setup file which I then put in the usb But when I plugged in the usb and tried going to that file I still get the message no driver Any help is much appreciated Computer HP Pavilion Elite m f Windows Vista home premium x GB AMD Phenom x Processor GB Hard drive

Hi why are you using a vista disc you could do better with a win 7 disc and run a start up repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-705509.html
Relevancy 63.64%

First Specs Acer Laptop Aspire - Windows Vista Home ---- I m getting the Black screen of death and I did a lot of googling trying to pin down Death Black of Screen what was wrong Let me explain what is happening and what I ve done so far Problem -When the laptop starts it ll load pass the Windows Vista scrolling bar then stops with the black screen and a cursor Tried so far -I am able to get Black Screen of Death into the laptop with all the different types of safe modes -I ve cleaned the system with anti-viruses checked the regedit to make sure the windows nt policy was correct -Turned off and uninstalled all newly installed software -Used chkdsk sfc scannow -Uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers -On the black screen pressing ctrl alt del won t bring up the task menu or the shift five times trick does nothing either -Nothing in the usb ports -No disc in the cd dvd drive I am willing to do a system recovery but I am unable to access the recovery partition on the hard drive -there is no recovery disc it s pre-loaded There is no option to reinstall and there is no option for repair or no option for boot logging I m sure it s a driver somewhere but I have no way to figure out which one Anyone got any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Why are you unable to access the recovery partition?

What display drivers are they? Have you ininstalled the display drivers and then rebooted?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death.1021242/
Relevancy 63.64%

This may seem wierd but in my case it is urgent Recently I was notified by Windows that I need to run Of death Black Screen a CheckDisk for C drive I dont knw y but this happened Scanning and repairing C drive and got stuck there So i did a force restart and this came quot Preparing Automatic Repair quot and Black Screen Of death then quot Repairing disk errors This may take over an hour quot but after around mins nothing happened and the HDD light was dead So force restarted it And the scanning and repairing came again But this time it finished to Black Screen Of death booted up and mouse pointer came up But if I move it it stays for sometimes and then disappears And if do this again the same thing happens If i press Caps Lock or Num Lock it stays on for sometime and then turns off HDD light blinks But a black screen I tried to boot into Advanced Repair and correct it But unfortunately no system restore points or anything I tried restarting the ChkDsk but it corrected some parameters but no use Booting into Safe Mode also failed because of the mouse pointer automatically hiding Please help me ASUS X LD GB RAM TB HDD Windows enterprise N Intel corei

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35080-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello Last Saturday my wife turns on Death now? what Tried Everything, Black of - Screen the computer and says that when she tried to log in it would just display a plain black screen As I investigated sure enough when I Black Screen of Death - Tried Everything, what now? log in I only get a black screen I can move the mouse freely but nothing is visible I have tried the following The Prevx fixshell exe program Ran malware bytes antimalware in safe mode CTRL ALT Delete amp Ran new task quot explorer exe quot and I also tried quot C Windows explorer exe quot I also tried copying a new 'explorer exe' file from a fresh install of my exact OS from my laptop I verified my registry at HKEY Local Machine Software Microsot Windows NT Current Version Winlogon to make sure 'shell explorer exe' but still nothing Nothing seems to be working I can boot into Safe Mode just fine and see everything But I can't boot into my computer user normal anymore I really can't do an OS reinstall right now Please help

A:Black Screen of Death - Tried Everything, what now?

Do the following steps in safe mode.Click Start Menu
Right click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Right click each display adapter in that list and click Uninstall (do not hit OK when the dialog pops up after clicking Uninstall)
Put a tick to delete driver software for the device and click OK
Restart Windows in normal mode

If you continue to have the same problem or other problems, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207433-black-screen-death-tried-everything-what-now.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This is not on my pc directly but it is on my uncle's laptop. He starts the computer and windows loads but right as soon as the window loading screen goes away the screen is all black its as if there is no video card enabled. we have also tried plugging in his monitor from his desktop since he has a laptop connector that allows you to hook a monitor up and display whatever is on the labtop. You can't navigate anything or anything liek that. Any Suggestions?

Relevancy 63.64%

Not a blue screen of death but rather black Here's my issue Shut computer off during vacation I have a surge protector Came back boot up no go Boots until windows logo appears then it just goes black with only the mouse cursor up Nothing will exit from this screen CTL-ALT-Del no go Rebooted in safe mode and same deal and same black screen before login prompt Enabled low resolution to verify its not video card nothing Entered BIOS and switched to boot from dvd drive with install disc Went to Start up repair said it could not fix here is the readout on the bottom Root cause found --------------------------- Boot manager is missing or corrupt cannot of Black Screen Death?????? repair automatically Repair action File repair Result Failed Error code x Time taken ms Black Screen of Death?????? Went to system restore Cannot restore no points Went to system last known image No images created my fault just installed windows like months prior with no issues Went to command prompt and did a Bootrec bootfix and Bootrec rebuildbcd Nothing still black screen Some background info in case it relates to the dillema I have windows installed on my E drive and seperate from my data HD C so I can run a bit faster But I still have some old data on the E drive that I absolutely need and subsequently never moved to the C drive The E drive is from my old computer so I have some important photos and documents I do not wish to lose So I'm contemplating reistalling windows completely but do not want to lose anything I know I should have backed up my data on all drives but I havn't yet Plus I don't know how to do this effectively without windows running Anyway some fixes short a complete wipe and re-install would be grand Thanks ahead of time all and look forward to any suggestions My system specs are under my user profile if need be I'm not a pro at fixes but I am an engineer and understand some terminology and basic commands but not all so bear with me if I ask what an achronym is or how to do a particular corrective action I didn't build the computer myself I had a friend help whose done this plenty of times and for a living with no issues with other clients However he is out of the country right now Anyway thanks

A:Black Screen of Death??????

have u booted without restart after system failure from 'F8' to get a bluescreen error code?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153988-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello everyone,
Just recently i got a problem with my pc running windows 7. what happens is, everything works fine to the point where i reach the login screen, i click on my user icn, enter my password and then it loads and i get a blank black screen with only the cursor showing.
what's weird is when i switch my user account and use guest or administrator (i have 3 accounts), i can successfully login and see my desktop and task bar and icons. it's only when i log into my user account that i get this problem.
i have searched everywhere for a solution but with no luck.
someone please help me!

thank you!

Hi realnsleo and welcome to SF.
It's just a hunch but it looks like explorer.exe isn't started/crashed due to a possibly corrupted profile.
press CTRL-ALT-Del and check the task list, if explorer exe runs.
If not, in Task manager go to File/New Tasl(Run) and start explorer.exe from there.
If that works, we'll figure out how to fix your probably corrupted user profile.

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155766-black-screen-death.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have tried so many ways to fix my computer. The most common method to fixing the black screen of death seems to restarting from a recovery point but my comp doesn't have any :(. can you help?

Restart the computer and press F8. In the Advanced Boot menu (Safe Mode etc) choose Repair Your Computer. If you have a Windows DVD you can also boot from the DVD and choose Repair Your Computer.
You also can download the ISO image of Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn. Also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and Long tests on the HDD. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-693496.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Problem my brother did not have the genuine windows After fixing it up I updated all his windows updates Usually it would stop him at sp because it did not recognize his windows as genuine But after fixing it up it let me download sp I installed it restarted then the comp made a peeping noise and displayed nothing on the monitor I know its not even going into windows because his little screen on his keyboard shows nothing I have more then a few windows disc from old computer and from work So it would be no problem installing windows if I needed too So my guess is maybe I can put a flash drive into the comp upon start up and perhaps reroll to where it was at yesterday before the sp installation I have no clue if something like this can be done I tried unplugging the power to reset the video card resolution with no avail I also attemped tapping f with no results nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Computer has problems screen of death Black after log-in nothing loads except for a taskbar without a start button Using Black screen of death ctrl-alt-del can access the options given and attempt to turn off or Black screen of death restart but just hangs at the screen saying quot shutting down quot The hijackthis log is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Black screen of death at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Windows SysWOW rundll exeC Users Albert AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO IDM Helper - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run UCam Menu quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam quot update quot Software Hewlett-Packard Media Webcam quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe StartO - HKLM Run WirelessAssistant C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeO - HKLM Run SwitchBoard C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exeO - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbyloginO - HKLM Run WD Spindown Utility quot C Program Files x Western Digital Technologies Spindown ExSpinDn exe quot O - HKLM Run AmazonGSDownloaderTray C Program Files x Amazon Amazon Games amp Software Downloader AmazonGSDownloaderTray exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quo... Read more

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435759/black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys This is my first post and I really need help I just purchased a brand new HD for my comp and reinstalled a fresh copy of windows XP home on it Everything quot seemed quot to be working fine but now the system hangs for literally minutes when I boot All I get is this black screen and then after minutes windows pops up The same thing happens during game play If I exit the game I get a black screen the system hangs and after minutes it comes Need of help! screen DEATH! The BLACK back on I have a Radeon and I tried the newest drivers and it started I tried older drivers catalyst and it continued I updated the BIOS and edited the settings for AGP and it The BLACK screen of DEATH! Need help! worked for one reboot but the problem came back once I played a game I have the right monitor installed and everything but the problem persists I could really use the help here ANy suggestions will be throughly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

Hey I have a Compaq Presario CQG and am using Windows Vista Two of Screen Black Death days ago I deleted a couple of files for games I used to have installed on my laptop but have uninstalled these files were in the program files folder I mention this because I initially worried this might have been the cause When I turned off the computer windows updates were automatically installed the windows updates that occasionally come up on vista The next morning when I started up my laptop I had a black screen rather than the log on screen I restarted it and used system restore which did the restore where it starts it up in the last known working condition or whatever It then started up properly and quickly I had to reinstall the updates but afterwards it started up fine again so I thought it was sorted However whenever I turn on my laptop now it Black Screen of Death goes to the black screen and I have to restart it or wait for ages I also got a malware virus but my security software noticed it and got rid of it and I am currently running a whole computer scan to see Black Screen of Death if I have any others The last time I turned my laptop on I had to restart it twice before the log on screen popped up in normal time Does anyone know what may have caused this and how I can fix it I will take it to a local computer shop if I don t find a fix but it would be nice to sort it myself if I can nbsp

Relevancy 63.64%

I have had my new Dell Studio 15 Laptop for under a week. Earlier today, after it updated, it took a while to log in, so I restarted and it was fine. Then, about 20 mins ago, I start, log on and get the Black Screen of Death. I safe moded and did a system restore. It is on now, but I am afraid to shut it off. Any advice?

Btw, I am not tech savvy, so...bare with me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by degausser_

I have had my new Dell Studio 15 Laptop for under a week. Earlier today, after it updated, it took a while to log in, so I restarted and it was fine. Then, about 20 mins ago, I start, log on and get the Black Screen of Death. I safe moded and did a system restore. It is on now, but I am afraid to shut it off. Any advice?

Btw, I am not tech savvy, so...bare with me.

OKAY, so Windows checked and said that:
Problem Event Name: Blue Screen
OS Version: bunch of numbers
etc
etc
Files that contributed to it:
a minidump TODAY...wth?
and 2: users/my name/appdata/local/temp/wer-515729-0.sysdata.xml
.../local/temp/wer8777.tmpversion.text

Please translate that into English.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-of-death-408692.html