Windows Support Forum

Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

Q: Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

I usually lower the laptop lid when i want to put it into sleep mode; after the windows 10 update, this stopped working. I tried putting it into sleep mode from the start menue. This causes the screen to become black, but power to remain on ( I can see this from a steady light from the power button whereas sleep would have a flashing power button). The laptop's fan also increases in speed. When I try to wake the laptop, nothing happenes; I have tried to use ctrl+alt+delete, however this also does not work. I am ususally forced to resort to a manual shut down via holding the power button for a few second and restarting the laptop. I have tried updating the display adapters, restarted the laptop, and still no result. Does anyone know why this is happenning and how I can fix it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop doesn't wake after sleep mode after Windows 10 update

I was having the Exact Same Issue. The reason I decided to go back to windows 8 was because since upgrading to Windows 10, when my computer goes into sleep mode, I cannot wake it up. I have to press and hold the power button to shut it done and restart. Even if I close my laptop, and reopen the lid, it wont start back up and I have to press and hold the power button and shut it down and restart. After trying to restore my HP Envy Laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 8, it got stuck in a Repair PC Loop and I could not even access the desktop, I tried the restore option to an earlier date and that failed and all the repair options also failed. The last option I had was to do a full PC Refresh, and that one worked. It took about an hour but no data was lost, and only a few of my downloaded apps were removed. An html url was left on the desktop that showed a list of all the apps that were removed. So all I did was download those back and now im back up and running Windows 8.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-doesn-t-wake-after-sleep-mode-after-Windows-10-update/td-p/5184176
Relevancy 102.77%

Upgraded to Windows from Windows When laptop lid is closed after about an hour or more nbsp the power light is steady on Laptop will not wake from Sleep Mode nbsp Keypad or any other key does not wake this up Hard shutdown reboot via holding power key does force a nbsp reboot and system works after that Have put this manually into Sleep Mode and power light blinks and wakes up on keyboard select nbsp Long term sleep causes problem to recur when manually placed into sleep mode nbsp I have updated all drivers including the MEI driver I have checked power options and all are correct re Sleep Envy up update doesn't wake from after 10 Windows HP M... Sleep Mode Hibernate Mode is not selected for any Power Profile nbsp I see some reference to installing a backlevel MEI driver version xxxxxxx nbsp I don't understand how to do that or if that HP Envy after Windows 10 update doesn't wake up from Sleep M... is compatible with my laptop nbsp I have downloaded in from the Intel website but have not unzipped it nbsp Also have seen suggestions to turn off the MEI driver nbsp Any guidance on how to proceed next would be appreciated nbsp If install of the driver is required what specifically must I do to accomplish that nbsp nbsp

A:HP Envy after Windows 10 update doesn't wake up from Sleep M...

[email protected], Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More I understand that after upgrading to Windows 10 you are experiencing an issue with the sleep  / hibernation. Here is a link that should help. HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please let me know the outcome. To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find. Please consider clicking the"Thumbs Up Icon"below to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-after-Windows-10-update-doesn-t-wake-up-from-Sleep/td-p/5762260
Relevancy 99.33%

Hi I am new here Hoping someone can help me out with this issue I work in IT so am not a complete computer bonehead and am at my wits end with this My laptop is about years old it's a toshiba For whatever reason it Laptop wake extremely wake up sleep minutes to mode, slow from 5+ to started taking minutes to wake up from sleeping If it sleeps for an hour it's OK but if you leave it sleep all night and try to wake it up in the morning it's quite cranky After the minute wake up it performs as normal It was running Windows Home bit Troubleshooting steps that I have taken are as follows Reinstalled windows Issue was resolved but after about - weeks issue came back I thought maybe it was some type of windows update so I reinstalled windows again and paid closer attention to the updates Issue presented itself again after Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake - weeks and there were no updates immediately done prior to it starting I started to think maybe it was something related to my hard drive so i performed laptop surgery and swapped out my original hard drive with a solid slate drive and installed windows Ultimate bit this laptop can support bit so I figured why not upgrade Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake issue again was resolved for a few weeks and now it's back to taking minutes to wake up again If you're turning the laptop on from scratch it takes - seconds tops if you're restarting it's - seconds tops man I love SSD if you're waking itup within the hour its - seconds But anything longer then that minutes It barely has any software installed all I use this laptop for is the internet and office type stuff I've checked event viewer to see if it's having driver issues or this or that and haven't been able to pinpoint this One of my coworkers suggested defragging the registry but that hasn't sped it up either Any thoughts My current work around is just to always power down the laptop

A:Laptop extremely slow to wake up from sleep mode, 5+ minutes to wake

Hi there, have you ran any malware/anti virus scans?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/321107-laptop-extremely-slow-wake-up-sleep-mode-5-minutes-wake.html
Relevancy 98.47%

A Dell Dimension E521 is set to go to sleep after a while, but when I try to use it the only way to wake-up the PC is to press and hold the POWER switch on the front to reboot.

Any ideas? I know that others had this problem. The PC is running Vista 32-bit.

Relevancy 97.18%

Came across my first major problem When I try to go into sleep mode either through the Start menu or pressing the power button the hard drive light blinks for a second then the screen goes black BUT my power light stays on should be blinking and pressing it again the mouse button nor any key press on the keyboard will wake it up I had to hard shutdown holding it does Sleep doesn't nor right work wake up. Mode the power key down for like seconds for the light go off and had to keep rebooting from scratch That's a major pain since waking up out of sleep mode is normally much faster and convenient To make things worse it seems like Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up. takes longer to boot up from scratch than did I've yet to see if SHUTDOWN works properly or not Not a happy camper on the sleep mode issue It worked under just fine Anybody else EDIT Shutdown goes through a longer process but ends the same as sleep does The power light stays on I'm using an HP Envy w i - u CPU GB RAM GB Nvidia GTX M TB drive EDIT Now SLEEP and SHUTDOWN appear to be working properly and Windows 's boot up times are as fast or faster than now It's like a car and trying to clear out the lines of bad fuel before it runs right Just some weird hiccups EDIT Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up. Now it's doing it again

A:Sleep Mode doesn't work right nor does it wake up.

Identical issues here. Also an HP Envy. Also sleep/hibernate works sometimes and not others.

This will be a deal breaker for me if I can't turn off my computer and turn it back on with my status still intact. I'll (gulp) be forced to return to 8.1

Will post here if I figure out a solution

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/9443-sleep-mode-doesnt-work-right-nor-does-wake-up.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi nbsp I recently purchased a Thinkpad X Yoga shipped on May nbsp nbsp I have an issue nbsp nbsp nbsp When I use the left side USB port the one on the side of the power charging port to charge my old Ipod and the laptop goes to sleep The laptop does not wake up when opening the lid or pressing on the power button However as soon as I disconnect my Ipod from the USB port The laptop immediately wakes up but unable to login using the fingerprint reader wake USB... up when Yoga sleep from mode X1 - Doesn't nbsp Specific steps to reproduce nbsp Plug x yoga power cord to the laptop nbsp Plug Ipod to the left side X1 Yoga - Doesn't wake up from sleep mode when USB... USB port Make sure Ipod has no earphones plugged in nbsp Put the laptop in sleep mode nbsp Close the lid of the laptop nbsp Wait until iPod is no longer being charged by the laptop a few seconds after the laptop goes to sleep nbsp Wait until iPod automically turns off on its own it takes to mins not sure exactly how much time nbsp Open the laptop lid and notice that the laptop is not waking up nbsp Press on the power button on the right side of the X Yoga Notice that the laptop does not wake up nbsp Remove the iPod from the USB port on the left side of the X Yoga nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Notice that the laptop is now able to wake up nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Also notice that the finger print reader is not responding Cannot login using the fingerprint reader nbsp Seems like a driver issue nbsp Lenovo please confirm nbsp ThanksWilly

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-when-USB-device-is/td-p/3341424
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi all,

When I click the sleep button my computer seems to go into sleep mode successfully however when I hit a keyboard key or wiggle the mouse to wake it the tower fans & motherboard lights switch on but there is no picture or sound from my monitor. I have to hit the reset button which does a dirty reboot before I can get back to the desktop.

I'm fed up of having to do a full shutdown/restart of my computer everytime I go away to do something!

Please find my computer details here: removed due to sensitive info.

If you need any other information, please ask.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

A:Sleep Mode Doesn't Wake Up Properly...

Hi please do 2 things first remove the dropbox link (I will do that)as you have posted sensitive info ie serial number you can repost with that removed,the other is check your power settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-mode-doesnt-wake-up-properly-774874.html
Relevancy 97.18%

I have tried to update/remove/modify the video graphics driver and that didn't work nor changing the energy plans did any good. So is there a fix that someone knows it definitely works?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/43475-my-windows-10-laptop-after-suspend-mode-doesnt-wake-up.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi,

On a 8 month old machine if I let machine go into hibernate/ sleep mode with power settings it will not wake up .

I can get it going again by removing and replacing the battery .

I have done a restore to a few days ago when this problem did not exist ..same result

Any offers ? Thanks

A:After hibernate/ sleep mode Tecra M11 doesn't wake up

Hello

Can you please tell us at first which notebook model do you have and which operating system do you use?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?66455-After-hibernate-sleep-mode-Tecra-M11-doesn-t-wake-up
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello all Hopefully I've posted this in the right place I have sleep Asus my doesn't from wake G51V mode. Lalptop Sometimes up an Asus G VX gaming PC I'm using bit Windows Vista I had my hard drive replaced a few months ago and am now just using it a lot Over the past week I seem to have been having this issue but now it's really coming now It's happened twice yesterday When I close the lid it goes into sleep mode then when I open it the lights on the center part of the outside of the lid Republic of Gaming logo come on as do a couple of lights near the power button but the screen remains black and I have to hold down the power button to restart it I don't like doing this because I was told it fries the motherboard and harddrive After it reboots Windows Error Recovery comes up and prompts me to go to safe Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. mode or start windows normally I'm pretty sure my drivers are updated although I'm not sure about BIOS I've tried enabling disabling hibernate but according to the command prompt I don't have permission I'm all out of ideas Also when I took my PC in to get the hard drive upgraded the guy said there was Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. a bug in some Asus models that cause a black screen whenever you restart them Has anyone heard of this or did he mess something up and just told me this Thanks EDIT Actually according to System Information it's a G VX

A:Sometimes my Asus G51V Lalptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode.

Bump
Any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584842/sometimes-my-asus-g51v-lalptop-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 94.17%

Most of the time when I try to print a document from my laptop (or my wife's - both Dells) I go to the printer room to find that the printer didn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to wake it up and then print everything again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-v313w-printer-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-to-print.959008/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi, I'm having problems when my laptop goes to sleep, I'm not sure what happens but when my battery is low, it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up even if I plug the charger in. The only way I can get this fix is to restart it by shutting it down through the power button.

Relevancy 91.59%

Obviously the keyboard keypress and or mouse click can wake it up but what other things Mouse movement definitely doesn't wake it up I prefer to make it sleep rather than hibernate hibernation is disabled mode What my can out sleep of laptop ? wake to save having a GB file saved each time After choosing Win Start menu then quot Sleep quot it will happily go into sleep mode But then sometimes not all the time after finally getting to sleep and the fans go off and the illuminated keyboard goes off it'll wait a second and then wake straight back up and show the windows fast login menu I have to hold the power button for a second to put it back to sleep Then it's whether it'll wake itself up again Sometimes I have go through this procedure times to make it go to sleep On other occasions it'll work first time I tried disabling the LAN adaptor's quot wake on LAN quot but that didn't make any difference

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390167-what-can-wake-my-laptop-out-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Laptop does not wake up from sleep when either power button, keyboard buttons or mouse touchpad are pressed. A forced reboot is always required. HDD light off, monitor stays black and battery light and fan still on.

Have had this problem for over a week since downloading and using Advanced SystemCare and Driver Booster. Once the problem occured I uninstalled them but nothing changed. Also there was a few recent windows updates at beginning of March but haven't read anywhere that they are causing similar problems. Have tried the obvious fixes but nothing seems to work. ASSISTANCE MUCH APPRECIATED

SPECS
Asus X555LA
Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
BIOS version date 14/08/14

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/laptop-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-1102418.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi i have toshiba satellite p200, and this problem has just started occuring recently. Whether i shut the cover of my laptop or manually go to start and put it to sleep i can not get it to wake. After it puts itself to sleep "successfuly" i can hit every key on the key board or tap on the mouse pad and all it will do is start up to a black screen and stay there.... nothing else happens. its not a major problem just an annoying one it would just be nice to be able to shut my laptop when i leave for class and open when i return and have it wake up.

if any one can help please do ... microsofts help page didnt help and toshibas didnt either

A:Cant wake laptop from sleep mode

You mean STAND BY mode? It cannot wake up from STAND BY? Can you recall when this started?

If this is my case, I would definitely start with updating the chipset and video drivers (from Toshiba website) if this does not help, I will test my RAM and hard drive for any hardware errors. If hardware checks out OK, then I will surely consider fresh install of Vista. But then again, this is just my two cents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-wake-laptop-from-sleep-mode-282352.html
Relevancy 90.73%

i have to press the power button every time instead. all the laptop i've owned before were never like that, opening the lid would've sufficed. i checked power options settings, i don't see "lid open action", only "lid close action" which is set to "sleep" mode. any idea?

A:My HP laptop won't wake from sleep mode upon opening the lid

That's a default action either pressing Enter key or Power button to wake up from sleep or hibernate depending on the computer brand. Travel to the power option settings for any other available options.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423099/my-hp-laptop-wont-wake-from-sleep-mode-upon-opening-the-lid/
Relevancy 90.73%

When my Compaq laptop (Presario 755US; runs Vista Home) puts itself to sleep, it won't wake up doing the usual things--touch pad; power key; etc. I must do a hard shutoff and reboot. Any solutions out there?

A:Compaq Laptop won't wake up from sleep mode

When your computer left the CPQ / HP factory, was it running Vista, or did you upgrade?

How do you wake up your computer if the techniques you described fail?

When did the problem begin?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.687072/
Relevancy 90.73%

My laptop wont wake up when it went into sleep mode. I have to press the power button to turn on the laptop everytime it went into sleep mode. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-80-Laptop-went-into-sleep-mode-and-wont-wake-up/td-p/3482658
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all I have an hp 15N-230us Laptop windows 10 64 bit with 4 gigs memory. I had to do a total clean install. Well every since doing the install my computer now when I close the lid wont wake up. I have never had that issue until the clean install. Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Thanks ahead of time.

A:Hp Laptop Wont Wake Up From Sleep Mode

Check your power settings in Control Panel. You can choose what action the machine takes when you close the lid and it sounds like yours is set to shut down rather than sleep.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hp-laptop-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.306442/
Relevancy 89.87%

I am using Acer Travelmate 8204WLMi laptop running the latest RC build of Windows 7. The internet connection is lost on both LAN adapter and WLAN (3945ABG) adapter when laptop is restored from a 'sleep' mode. I have disabled 'Power Management' of each adapter via the Device Manager. I have updated to the latest set of updates.

Disabling and re-enabling LAN or WLAN adapter to restore connectivity does not work (as it does in Win-XP). I have tried to 'log off' and log back in but this does not work either. I have discovered that the only way to restore connectivity is to re-boot the laptop.

It would appear that there is an issue of the Windows 7 code to correctly manage the LAN/ WLAN adapters. Has anyone else come across this problem?

A:laptop sleep mode: internet lost upon wake-up

Yes, exactly the same problem on a dell studio 15 (1555). I tried disabling the adaptor before sleep then re-enabling after waking but it did not help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/9011-laptop-sleep-mode-internet-lost-upon-wake-up.html
Relevancy 84.71%

sometimes the computer wakes up just fine - sometimes not. is this a windows 7 issue or is the computer at fault. cutting it off, then back on always works (so far)
Flounder410

A:sleep mode in windows 7 wont wake up

Sleep/hibernate/standby problems are usually caused by corrupt video drivers
I would start by replacing that

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287889/sleep-mode-in-windows-7-wont-wake-up/
Relevancy 84.71%

Howdy mode up 8.1 wake wont sleep from Windows all I seem to have the worst luck with my PCs either not sleep or they wont wake up lol my current issue is not waking up every night I put my pc to sleep and the next morning when I click the mouse or push a key either nothing happens or the tower lights up and fans kick on but Windows 8.1 wont wake up from sleep mode the screen stays black and I must power down and restart I have all new video drivers I have a feeling it may be my keyboard because sometimes the keyboard doesn't shut down when the Windows 8.1 wont wake up from sleep mode pc is put to sleep It still has all its lights on It is a Merc steel series gaming keyboard The only other weird errors I get in my event viewer are these and they have to do with windows search Eventid The Windows Search Service has failed to create the new search index Internal error lt x Failed to add project C ProgramData Microsoft Search Data Applications Windows Projects gt The Windows Search service terminated with the following error The system cannot find the file specified Eventid event id The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s Any help would be great

A:Windows 8.1 wont wake up from sleep mode

Hello jdude,

I has this issue once as well. I added AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM to my Power Options. Setting it to HIPM+DIPM stopped this for me. You might give it a try to see if it may for you as well.

AHCI Link Power Management - Enable HIPM and DIPM - Windows 7 Help Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37228-windows-8-1-wont-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 84.71%

After I put the pc into the sleep mode and then try to open with on and off switch, I can't get in windows 8.1. I get no video signal (image), but the pc stays on. I've been using since 2 days a new video card and I installed the drivers from installation cd. With my previous video card, I'd not suchlike problems.

A:Windows 8.1 wont wake up from sleep mode!!!

Maybe it's just really sleepy? *hears drum being hit in background*

sorry...erm..yeah was too tempting.

To my knowledge there is no real clear reason as to why this happens. You would think in so many OS systems with the wake/sleep function that they would had perfect it by now huh? You may get some people suggestion checking your drivers, energy/wattage issue/etc. I personally don't believe any of that though myself. If it can operate while you are on it just fine but you turn it off and it won't come back on it sounds more like an OS issue than anything else.

I used to have the same issue with an old old Acer Aspire 5720z. I never found a real solution to it either.I truly think the only "cheaphax" here would be for you to just disable sleep mode.

You could see if this helps you any but I highly doubt it will.

Sleep States - Available on Your Windows 8 PC[1]=Power%20Management

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50712-windows-8-1-wont-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 83.85%

After a short time,my computer goes into sleep mode and when I move my mouse around or click on the screen, I can't get it to wake up. The screen is dark and I can barely see where the restart button is. I have to restart it to get my lit up screen back. How can I remedy this problem?

A:My Windows 10 is going into sleep mode and I can't get it to wake up. How can I remedy this problem?

Hi Welcome to Windows Central! Give this a try! Join the Windows Central Community!
Click on Start > Run > Type "devmgmt.msc".
Scroll to the Mouse section and select your device.
Right-Click > Properties > Power Management tab.
Check "Allow this device to wake the computer".

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444160-my-windows-10-going-into-sleep-mode-i-cant-get-wake-up-how-can-i-remedy-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a Laptop (Lenovo G40-70), OS was Windows 8.1 and then I upgrade it on Windows 10 and now I cannot wake up my computer from sleep mode.

I read on internet I just need to update my Intel graphic card adapter. Then it fixed the problem it able to wake up after setting in sleep mode. Intel graphics adapter is now visible in system tray means it?s running.
But once I shutdown or restart the computer, the Intel graphic adapter is unable to load or run. I check in system tray and services. The occurred. Which is unable to awake after setting in sleep mode.

Hoping on positive response.
Darling

A:Upgraded OS to Windows 10 Unable to wake Up from sleep mode.

Hello,
As I understand it you have upgraded you driver, which solves the sleep problem, until you restart.

Windows 10 maintains your basic system drivers. If you install a version not approved by Uncle MS it will be quickly replaced.
If you wish to keep your driver and stop MS changing it, you have to take special action.
Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/44002-upgraded-os-windows-10-unable-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everyone I ve been having a problem with Windows recently on my new computer that I just got a couple weeks ago The problem is that my computer will have a blue screen error when waking from sleep mode I don t see the blue screen at all instead when waking from sleep mode I see the BIOS screen and then it goes through the typical startup process as if the computer had been powered OFF instead of put into sleep mode however I know it was properly in sleep mode as the power light on my tower flashes continually rather than shutting off during this mode I get the message that Windows did not shut down properly and have the option to boot into safe mode etc When I boot back into normal mode I receive a message in Windows saying windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down I follow the prompt Blue Mode Screen Windows Up on 7 Wake Sleep to check for a solution but get no solution Here is the Problem Signature generated at the time If you need the dmp or xml files that further describe the problem please tell me how to make these available to you Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF F DB A BCP FFFFF EA BCP FFFFF E AE OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - Windows 7 Blue Screen on Sleep Mode Wake Up sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt My computer only has one hard drive C and it is a TB SATA drive I have read about the following hotfix regarding large sized SATA drives causing this same issue in Windows http support microsoft com kb However when I tried to install the hotfix I was given the message quot This update does not apply to your system quot which I have read may be an indicator that the update has already been installed I have run Chkdsk on drive C successfully and I have installed every available windows update as of today Apr Please let me know what I can do to fix this and let me know if you need any more info Thank you so much nbsp

Relevancy 83.85%

SO my labtop was working fine I changed the setting to sleep when on plugged in for an hour. It did but now wont wake up. The screen stays bacl but the lights turn on and you can hear the fans spinning. I have tryed holding the power button un plugged, plugged in and with out the battery in. I have a toshiba satellite l455 running windows 7 what can I do?

A:windows 7 labtop stuck in sleep mode how to wake up?

So have you gotten it to boot back up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319344/windows-7-labtop-stuck-in-sleep-mode-how-to-wake-up/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an Acer Emachines E Laptop I have Windows Ultimate bit OS installed Recently I reformatted my system installing Windows on it Since then I am having problem with sleep mode I cannot recover from sleep mode even after pressing boot button Pressing enter taping or moving fingers on mouse When I press enter in the sleep mode the system starts and blue light also starts blinking But there is no display whatsoever Every time I have to hard boot my system by holding boot button for a while and then rebooting I can set it to not go into from doesn't sleep mode! Laptop recover sleep or hibernation but thats not a solution just a temporary remedy I googled this problem but none of the solutions worked Searched through windows seven forums but didn t found Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! anything Any help on this issue would be appreciated Thanks a lot I searched this forum and have already gone through this related post and changed power settings accordingly but it did not fix the issue http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! html Here is my Microsoft Diagnostic Tool generated report Diagnostic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GJY -VJBQ -HYRR Windows Product Key Hash W nm F UPXrCkY xUhXb g Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HYRR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt eMachines E lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FDBB E lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt India Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt S... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363328/laptop-doesnt-recover-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 82.56%

My DV7 laptop either won't come up after sleep mode or sometimes takes 3 or 4 minutes to wake up from sleep mode.  Also the bootup has become very slow - acts like it pauses during bootup and then resumes.  Am running windows 10 and all updates are current.  I have read in some forum posts that there could be a small magnetic switch by the power button that could get stuck and cause the problem.  Have also read that heat from video card could be softening or melting the solder on the system board.  Not sure what I should do to fix this problem.  Have tried all solutions offered on http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935 Any other suggestions / solutions out there? Thank you. 

A:dv7 Laptop either slow to come up after sleep mode or doesn'...

Hi, Here is the list of the things that you should try to make the computer fast. ?Make sure the Bios is updated?Turn off Startup ProgramsWhen you install a program in Windows, it may add a small program that runs when Windows starts. After installing a lot of software, your boot up process could become slow. If there are programs you don?t use much, they probably don?t need to start every time Windows does.?Disable the Indexing Service in WindowsThe Search Indexing service in Windows scans through the files and folders on your system and records information about them in an index file to speed up the search process. However, this also consumes resources on your system and can slow it down. If you don?t do a lot of searching through files and folders, you can turn off the indexing service to free up some resources and speed up your computer.Open the Start menu and enter ?services.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the services.msc link when it displays.? In the right pane on the Services dialog box, scroll down until you find the Windows Search service. Right-click on it and select Properties from the popup menu.? The Windows Search Properties dialog box displays. Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down list. Click OK to accept the change and close the dialog box.You are returned to the Services dialog box. Select Exit from the File menu to close it. Reboot your computer to finalize the change. ? Reduce the Delay of the Start Menu DisplayBy default, there is a delay before the Start menu and its submenus display. If you want to make the Start menu open faster, you can change a key in the registry to accomplish this.Open the Start menu and enter ?regedit.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the regedit.msc link when it displays.If the User Account Control dialog box displays, click Yes to continue.NOTE: You may not see this dialog box, depending on your User Account Control settings.In the tree in the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop key. In the right pane, scroll down until you find the MenuShowDelay data value. Right-click on the name and select Modify from the popup menu.? In the Value data edit box on the Edit String dialog box, enter a new value between 0 and 4000. This indicates how many milliseconds it takes for the Start menu and any submenus to display. We don?t recommend you use 0 as the value. It might make it hard to navigate through the menus. Click OK to accept your change.Select Exit from the File menu to close the Registry Editor. Reboot your computer to apply the change. ? Change the Number of Recent Items Shown on the Windows 7 Start MenuIf you have a lot of recent documents displaying in the Recent Items menu on the Start menu, it can slow down access to the menu. It is a quick and easy task to change the number of items that display on the Recent Items menu.Delete Unnecessary Items from the Send To MenuSome programs may add items to the Send To menu when you install them. If so, your Send To menu may become slow to access. However, you can easily customize the Send To menu in Windows and remove items you don?t use or even disable the Send To menu completely.? Limit the Number of Items in Each FolderIf you have lots of files in a single folder, it can slow down Explorer. It?s best to create multiple folders and spread out the files among the folders.Hope it helps..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/dv7-Laptop-either-slow-to-come-up-after-sleep-mode-or-doesn/td-p/5691552
Relevancy 79.12%

G'day All,

First post here - been having this problem for a few months now - developed a work around, but it's starting to get under my skin now.. Mainly because the system does it's updates at night, which means that my PC stays on (after BSOD) and usually keeps the screen on as well, which wakes me up eventually, or keeps the house hot (who cares, anyway.)

I've been reading the forums & trying to work it out myself, except the error code changes depending on what I'm doing..

I've attached the current BSOD grab, hopefully it gives enough information, and I've run the FurMark - and the display driver crashed (as usual - I'm starting to think it might be a faulty Graphics card..)

Enough of my chatter - let me know if it's something simple

A:Constant BSOD on Windows update, or System Restart (Or wake from sleep

1, One of the BSODs are caused by OC, stop overlocking the CPU or at least lower the frequency until the system becomes stable

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800c55a028, be000000, 800400}

Error : Internal timer (Proc 1 Bank 5)

[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 4217
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
Update Signature = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,11,0,0,0
Update Status = REG_DWORD 0
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ GenuineIntel
MSR8B = REG_QWORD 1100000000

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 3200
Actual Frequency: 4217
Overclock Ratio: 1.31

2, Uninstall Daemon Tools and make sure you get rid off the SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD) driver.

3, Uninstall or upgrade Hamachi

4, Update the following drivers:

Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller
fffff880`01000000 fffff880`0108c000 mv91xx Fri Dec 25 07:45:39 2009 (4B345F93)

Marvell RAID Console
fffff880`0112c000 fffff880`0114c000 jraid Thu Oct 29 09:14:20 2009 (4AE94EDC)

Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
fffff880`01287000 fffff880`013a3000 iaStor Tue Feb 09 01:11:06 2010 (4B70A81A)

ASUS Xonar Essence STX Audio Device
fffff880`07830000 fffff880`079f5000 cmudaxp Thu Oct 28 10:27:22 2010 (4CC933EA)

Saitek Magic Bus driver
fffff880`07d01000 fffff880`07d0b980 SaiBus Thu Jul 29 13:17:53 2010 (4C516361)

Logitech WingMan Translation Driver
fffff880`07d3c000 fffff880`07d4d480 WmXlCore Tue Apr 27 22:09:26 2010 (4BD74476)

NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller
fffff880`07d60000 fffff880`07d78000 nusb3hub Fri Jan 22 04:22:18 2010 (4B5919EA)

Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Controller
fffff880`08474000 fffff880`084ac000 FLxHCIc Sun Jun 27 17:20:39 2010 (4C276C47)

Intel(R) 82567V-2 Gigabit Network Connection
fffff880`08faa000 fffff880`08ff4000 e1y62x64 Thu Apr 08 00:58:49 2010 (4BBD0E29)

Realtek High Definition Audio
fffff880`0a00d000 fffff880`0a25d600 RTKVHD64 Tue Jul 20 11:03:23 2010 (4C45665B)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273158-constant-bsod-windows-update-system-restart-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have an Asus EeePC H from Sleep after Windows My wake can't Laptop installing Vista which comes with Windows XP installed on one of the two partitions on its hard drive It has always worked fine Recently I installed Windows Vista Business on the other partition and updated the drivers Everything works fine I even get a Windows Experience Index of P except that now when I sleep the computer it never wakes up if I do it in Vista and sometimes doesn't My Laptop can't wake from Sleep after installing Windows Vista wake My Laptop can't wake from Sleep after installing Windows Vista up if I do it in XP as I can choose which operating system to run Another problem I have is that I turn the laptop on either after reboot from failed sleep or just normal use and it won't boot up In both cases it looks the same - that is the lights all turn on but the monitor doesn't and it emits less noise than normal I don't know if it's having trouble starting up a piece of hardware But I don't know it's odd it happened when I installed Vista Any help will be appreciated

Relevancy 78.26%

Running a self built system that was working nicely for over a year,now when I put it in sleep mode it won't wake up without pushing the power button and then sometimes I have to switch the power off on the back of the system and let it sit for a minute before it will restart. Running Windows 7 Ultimate

A:Sleep doesn't wake up like it used to

Did you install SP1? Have you checked for driver updates for chipset and video? What else is supposed to wake the computer? Mouse? Keyboard? Check Power Management settings for those devices in Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-doesnt-wake-up-like-it-used-to.1046080/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have been using this new machine for last months from doesn't P50 wake up sleep and am experiencing this issue from time to time When I don't work on the laptop I just close the lid After some time I see that the red led light on the lid goes blinking P50 doesn't wake up from sleep on slow pace - that tells me the machine has gone into sleep mode Now when I come back to the machine later usually I see either the red led is still blinking or completely gone off I open the lid the machine wakes up and I can start working on nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp However at times when I come back I see that the red led on the lid is constantly on In those occasions when I open the lid the machine doesn't wake up I see that the greed led on the power button is constantly on - so that kind of indicates that the machine IS probably awake But the screen is black empty as if its still sleeping In these situations I normally end up with force restarting the machine - making me to reopen all the nbsp applications once again if not loosing some work data nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Is there anywya I can tweak any setting or follow any best practice - that can prevent this issue from re-ocurring nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/3375282
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I've recently been running into a problem -- I put my computer into sleep Computer from wake doesn't often sleep mode and then when I press the power button to wake the computer either the screen stays black and I have to do a forced reboot holding down the power button or it simply does a forced reboot automatically This doesn't happen all the time but I'd say probably of the time that I want to Computer often doesn't wake from sleep wake my computer from sleep and I haven't noticed a certain pattern of when it does and doesn't work It has only been happening the last month or so and has happened more often recently I got Computer often doesn't wake from sleep a new battery for my laptop about a month ago so that may have corresponded to when this problem started I can't remember I have an HP Compaq w laptop with Windows Professional -bit I have updated all the drivers already literally went through every device in Device Manager and tried finding updates for each and the issue is still happening What's the next step I should take Thanks in advance

A:Computer often doesn't wake from sleep

Is this your system?

Software & Driver Downloads HP Compaq 8710w Mobile Workstation - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

I only see Windows 2000 as a supported OS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-often-doesnt-wake-from-sleep-552188.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Ok First of, I have Hp pavilion, Windows vista Ultimate, the problem that i have is at random times my monitor goes to sleep mode and never does wake up, I get frustrated over this because I have to end up pressing and holding the power button down which is unsafe for my computer. Please help!! Thank you

A:Monitor goes to sleep and doesn't wake up

Usually if the monitor goes to sleep in means that there is not a video signal.  However, if holding the power button down on the monitor? will wake it then the issue is the monitor.  If you are holding down the power button on the PC then you have another issue.  Which power button are you holding down? What model PC and operating system are you using?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-doesn-t-wake-up/td-p/298770
Relevancy 77.4%

I've been having this problem for awhille -- approximately 30-50% of the time, when I put my computer in sleep mode and try waking it up, it simply doesn't wake up. I hear it turn on (fan starts running, etc.) but the screen is black (forced to hold down power button to reboot)...or it goes to the startup screen (but won't finish starting up -- have to hold down power button to reboot).

I have an HP Compaq 8710w laptop with Windows 7 Professional (32-bit).

Here is what I have done already to try to fix it:

-Updated drivers
-Tried turning off wireless before putting to sleep
-Changed power plan from "High Performance" to "Balanced".

No dice. Any other ideas?

A:Computer often doesn't wake from sleep

You can try to go to A computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 stops responding when you put the computer in sleep mode (S3) or resume the computer from the S3 mode and download hotfix to your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-often-doesnt-wake-from-sleep-567483.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I've enabled AHCI within Vista properly and it works fine but it's just not restoring from an S3 sleep anymore, whereas it was before in IDE mode.

Are there any solutions about to this?

I'm running 32-bit vista home premium SP1 on a Gigabyte 965P-DS3 (rev 3.3)

Relevancy 76.97%

I have an HP Pavilion p - I literally did a complete reformat yesterday and did not have this problem prior to reformatting Since then every time my computer goes to sleep I cannot wake it up Moving the mouse pressing a key or even a short press on the power button I have to manually power it down unplug it let the reserve light drain and then turn it Sleep Mode Won't up from Wake PC back on I tried to Google but I can t find anything that isn t a bunch of blind leading the blind I am PC Won't Wake up from Sleep Mode fairly proficient with computers SysInfo file Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft PC Won't Wake up from Sleep Mode Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD D Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION ACD Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

The PC will go into sleep mode and sometimes I cant wake the thing up by moving the mouse which is a logitech Wave mouse and keyboard.

Can someone tell me what settings I should have so that it doesnt go into sleep mode

Thanks

Kwack

A:PC into Sleep mode and cant wake up

Does hitting a key or clicking the mouse also not work?

If you want to change the settings, try Control Panel, power options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/51488-pc-into-sleep-mode-cant-wake-up.html
Relevancy 76.97%

ive been having this for a while now. Whenever i put my laptop to sleep i can't get it back up and running, and have to shut it down and boot it up again. I usually simply never put it to sleep for this reason but really want to solve it and know what the problem is. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 112971 MB, Free - 6061 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, IAKAA, 1.00, 0123456789AB
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

A:can't wake up from sleep mode

Im pretty sure if you press the windows key it should wake it back up for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.954321/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all I have a problem with my pc as I sleep my computer via the sleep button on keyboard or under start menu it sleeps normally But when From Sleep Cannot PC Mode Wake Up i attempt to 'wake it up' by pressing the power button the pc failed to resume to windows while the fans n power are function by the sound of it and i'll have to force shut down my comp by holding onto my power button as the reset button and other things doesnt work This has happen occassionally often sometimes it can wake up and sometimes it cant I'm not sure what is causing it I do PC Cannot Wake Up From Sleep Mode notice that PC Cannot Wake Up From Sleep Mode the num-lock light on my keyboard which is always on when in windows switches on in the case that the computer can wake up and stays off after sleep mode if it cannot b wake up after i press the power button Its been a problem for a while but I've jst been far too busy to seek solutions to this If anyone could lead PC Cannot Wake Up From Sleep Mode guide me in the right direction in solving this problem it will be greatly appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:PC Cannot Wake Up From Sleep Mode

oh and i forgot to say, my windows version is windows xp service pack 3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-cannot-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-647380.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all,

I really hope someone can help me out. I am not savvy in this kind of stuff. My husband has a home built computer that runs our tv system with windows media center. He had to leave on a military deployment and right before he left he had to reinstall the OS. Since then the computer refuses to wake from sleep mode. I have to scram it to get it to come back up. Since we run the media center it ought to wake up to record automatically, but it isn't doing that either. I've checked all the power options but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Although, at this point, I really have no clue. Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Won't wake from sleep mode

Try this, and let me know if it works: Windows Does Not Start After Sleep

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112805-wont-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.97%

System goes into Sleep Mode, but when I try to wake, it freezes with Black Screen, so I have to restart system, and when I do, it gives me a "Resuming Windows" screen and takes me back to where the I was when Sleep Mode entered.

By process of elimination, I know the problem is being caused by some newly installed software, namely HTC Sync Manager, but I don't know where/how/why the conflict is occurring...and here's the rub-I really want to keep HTC Hot Sync.

I've tested the HTC software on two different PCs running Win 7, with same result, but HTC says I'm the only one reporting this problem, so...no help from that end.

I'm hoping that someone here can give me some suggestions of things to try that might at least localize the problem or ideally be a workaround.

Thanks

A:Can't Wake From Sleep Mode

start the pc in safe mode change power settings to get the pc out of sleep mode.

make the changes to HTC in msconfig and reboot..

click start/run msconfig click menu "startup" un-check HTC from loading at startup

http://dl4.htc.com/web_materials/Man...User_Guide.pdf

check the manual for settings you may change..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322249-cant-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,

It has recently started that while i am playing games like Mass Effect 2 and League of Legends after 15 or so minutes of playing the screen goes black, displays that it is going to sleep, and then stops responding. To fix this i have to restart my computer completely.I am running windows seven. I have run malware and virus scans of my computer and nothing has come up, so i'm not sure where to go from here.
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/while-playing-games-pc-goes-to-sleep-and-doesnt-wake-up.1156753/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello nbsp I'm the owner of computer Keyboard sleep wake from up doesn't an EliteBook p running under Windows Professional bits Edition nbsp I started the installation from scratch with a driver-empty Windows I've downloaded the drivers separately on the HP Support Website nbsp Everything is running fine but when I put my computer Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep to sleep normal stand-by Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep mode I am unable to wake it up from the keyboard keys or trackpad buttons The only way I can wake it up is by pressing the Power Button Then it wakes up normally and I go back to the Windows login screen nbsp Is it possible to wake up this computer by pressing a key instead of the power button I don't want to press it too often For example on my old Acer Aspire pressing a key wakes up the computer instantly Also I have no Allow this device to wake up computer option in my Device Manager I can't find this option in the BIOS neither Can you wake your HP Notebook computer by pressing the keyboard Is there a way to do that on EliteBooks nbsp Thanks and sorry for my mistakes English is not my mother language

A:Keyboard doesn't wake up computer from sleep

If you have an external display, it will stop the computer from waking. Disconnect display port cable and try again.Also, check your drivers so that Power Mgmt. allows mouse or keyboard to wake system. I have found these issues effect my HP 8460P as well as HP 2540P. Also, make sure that the BIOS allows USB to wake system.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-doesn-t-wake-up-computer-from-sleep/td-p/1742779
Relevancy 76.54%

My Yoga 500 ISK would sometimes not wake up from sleep.I mean, I can see the computer is working, I can hear it, but the screen is black and unresponsive. What happens is that I either leave it on and it goes to sleep on its own within 15 mins, or put it to sleep via start>power>sleep - it doesn't matter. Sometimes I press the power button and it wakes up fine, but sometime I get the black screen. My computer is up to date on the latest BIOS update (from today), Both Intel and nVidia graphics drivers are up to date, and in my power settings, my hard drive is set to not turn off ever. Does anyone know a solution to this problem??

A:Yoga 500 ISK Doesn't wake up from sleep properly -...

Hi there, I own the same model and I believe I have the same issue. Also I find booting up to be painfully slow. It gives me so much Apple Mac envy. I am almost certain the issue is with regard to the HDD itself, the WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB. It is used in many of the new-ish lenovo laptops including the Y50 touchscreen gaming computer. Many customers have complained about the SSHD, google that long model and you'll see loads of complaints on forums. I intend to open up my Yoga 500 ISK and replace the SSHD with what should be in there - an SSD. I shall let you know how I get on! Harry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-500-ISK-Doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep-properly-HELP/td-p/3303865
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi SevenForums This is Can't Do Mode Sleep Comp. Wake from Since Anything my first post here so forgive me if I'm breaking any etiquette My Since Wake from Sleep Mode Comp. Can't Do Anything problem is that if I just close my laptop and let it do it's thing when I re-open it and it goes to boot up it takes a very long time up to fifteen minutes And even after that everything is basically unresponsive Opening the start menu Since Wake from Sleep Mode Comp. Can't Do Anything takes several minutes running the Task Manager takes no less than five That's to say nothing for larger programs This happened several times all in situations where I closed my laptop without shutting down or logging off I'm not sure what the default action is for that sleep or hibernate but whichever it is seems to cause my laptop to simply cease being able to perform Prior to now this was easy enough to fix by just restarting the laptop sometimes a couple of times Now however unless I boot in safe mode such as I am now with networking I can barely get past the log-in screen Anyone have any solutions I don't know about tech stuff really but I can take directions well enough If there's any other information I can provide let me know I'll be diligently checking this post all night Thanks in advance guys

A:Since Wake from Sleep Mode Comp. Can't Do Anything

Quote:
it takes a very long time, up to fifteen minutes.

What antivirus do you use?

Quote:
I can barely get past the log-in screen

Run a scan of Malwarebytes and repair corrupted system files with SFC

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125297-since-wake-sleep-mode-comp-cant-do-anything.html
Relevancy 76.11%

New to this forum posted my specs while registering so I assume whoever wants to help me can access my profile and view them I recently built my PC without to much problem only little bug I have is the sata HDD connected with a gbs transfer sata cable in a sata port is only a gbs transfer speed Although my real concern is that twice after awaking from sleep mode my PC just freezes and enters BSOD I haven't used the PC much since sleep mode BSOD on wake-up I built it mainly because I live in different homes and currently not at the home with my new comp but I believe that if it happened twice out of a possible - sleep mode wake ups its going to keep happening until I find a fix I read this could revolve around driver issues for vista so just for additional info I updated the graphics driver and all the asus drivers using the cd that comes with the MOBO looking forward for ideas thank you

A:BSOD on sleep mode wake-up

Hi,

Please follow these instructions: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103687-bsod-sleep-mode-wake-up.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,

Here is my desktop config :
- Windows Vista x64 Service Pack 2
- NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS
- Intel Quad Core 2 Q8200 2.33Ghz

I started recently receiving BSOD, so I reformated the PC and installed a fresh and clean Vista x64 SP 2, but nothing has stopped the BSOD from appearng everytime when I wake up to PC from sleep mode.

Attached you will find all the minidump files.

Thank you for your help, greatly appreciated
iboumiza

A:BSOD After Wake up from Sleep Mode

The problem will then be your Drivers or your Hardware do you Have the Latest Drivers for your Hardware?

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281958-bsod-after-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When Mode Wake Sleep in from Battery running on battery this computer rarely nbsp Wake from Sleep in Battery Mode wakes from sleep nbsp I noticed that if I try to wake from Wake from Sleep in Battery Mode manually entering sleep within about seconds it will come back on rare occasion Wake from Sleep in Battery Mode typically only once after a reboot nbsp Any longer than seconds and it won't happen nbsp If the charger is connected nbsp the device nbsp is x more likely to return from sleep after a few seconds nbsp Additionally the manual says you can wake from sleep by opening the lid pressing the power key pressing a keyboard key or tapping the touch pad nbsp My HP only wakes from the power bottun when on battery and the power button and sometimes when opening the lid when connected to the charger nbsp The keyboard and touchpad have no effect nbsp nbsp I've updated all the drivers bios nbsp from the support assistant nbsp While updating drivers in attempt to fix this issue nbsp the display driver said nbsp a power state could not be changed nbsp I verified Windows has completed all updates nbsp I uninstalled and reinstalled the Display driver nbsp No errors the second time nbsp I went to the device manager and made sure the keyboard power management setting was set to wake from sleep nbsp I did mess with the power settings a bit I reset them to default levels of the HP recommended settings nbsp Nothing seems to help the situation nbsp I've followed the steps on this site http support hp com us-en document c nbsp Any recommendations nbsp It would be nice to buy a computer and have it work correctly out of the box

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Wake-from-Sleep-in-Battery-Mode/td-p/5635539
Relevancy 76.11%

hi i woke up this morning to find my computer in sleep mode as usual however when i move my mouse to wake it up as normal nothing happens my mouse which is a razer naga will wake mode from not sleep up computer wakes up and lights up but my computer and keyboard show no change i tried pressing the power button and reset button but nothing happened Eventually i resorted to turning off the power to the tower until the blue power light stopped blinking and then managed to boot the pc up when it did boot up it had everything open from last time as if i had just woken it up as normal i shut down the computer normally to see if that may fix the problem but to no avail I am able to reproduce the problem by manually selecting go to sleep on the shut down screen Recently i have been having some problems which playing guild computer will not wake up from sleep mode wars with the bsod which i posted here a week ago Bluescreen during GW I updated my graphics card driver to computer will not wake up from sleep mode the latest beta drivers the day i posted that thread and since then only had the game crash once and i suspect that was due to overheating as i have my pc in a very small stuffy room and i remember it being uncomfortably hot that evening since then i keep the windows open and had the side plate fo the case removed to give it more circulation for a while Im really not sure what causeing this problem the pc runs fine when its up and running and it boot up from full shut down no sweat its just this odd sleep mode problem thank you for your time

A:computer will not wake up from sleep mode

recently try system restore and that seemed to fix the problem for the day but the problem poped up again this morning can anyone offer any incite?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-will-not-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-664835.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey working on A Dell Inspiron S Desktop with Vista Home Premium SP just did a reinstall all seemed to be well until i try to put it in sleep mode When i do it goes to somewhat sleep by way of somewhat I mean the monitor goes off yet the fans still whistle and the drives keep going Sleep not properly of out up mode Wake Will Then finally they cease and the Will not Wake up out of Sleep mode properly power Will not Wake up out of Sleep mode properly button blinks to notify me i m in sleep mode I then try to click mouse or push key on keyboard to wake it up absolutely no response Will not Wake up out of Sleep mode properly I then have to power it down by way of holding power button in when it finally goes off I turn back on and it seems like it s waking from hibernation mode not sleep What I mean is the task bar slowly appears then some Desktop icons all very slowly it takes full minute to get entire desktop back and minutes overall for it to function properly Says drivers are all up to date but I don t really trust that I reset all power options to balanced thats what they were anyway And didn t seem to be any BIOS setting to change reset them too could there be a driver or program confliction somewhere This is Weird thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

It does this every once in a while. It happened twice in the past 2 days. I'm not sure if it's something I left open before going into sleep mode or something else.

So the computer's been in sleep mode, usually for at least an hour. I do the usual thing to wake it up, move the mouse. After a simple movement fails, I try again, moving vigorously and clicking all the mouse buttons. I have also tried pressing all the keys on my keyboard.

None of this works and I have to restart the computer. Any idea why this could be happening?

A:Computer won't wake from Sleep Mode

Generally it's the result of a driver power management problem. Most commonly occurring when you have been forced to use a vista driver in place of a proper win 7 driver, as power states have changed a bit between the two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/183201-computer-wont-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

my yoga 900 would not power up.  research found that the issue is a conflict between malware and windows 10.  The recommended fix was to hold the unit horizontally and press on the power button.  it worked! Question is - has this happened to you, and if so, how often?   

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-won-t-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/td-p/3377233
Relevancy 76.11%

hi .i am having a problem with my sleep mode .
i move here on the 31 last month .
now at my old place i never had a problem .all i had to do is move my mouse or click any key to wake my pc .
but since am here at my new place when i click on the sleep mode button on my key it turn my pc off .but not my monitor .my go to sleep perfect
so i have to restart my pc with the off and on button .
i did try all the setting avalable .but nothing work .
i did a restore back to the date before i move .but nothing help .
is there a way to set it back like i had it before .
thank you

Relevancy 76.11%

i read through the first 5 pages lookin for this thread but was unable to find one. i got a new HD hannspree monitor a little while back and noticed a while later that if i ever need to reboot, the power light goes orange like its in power saving mode, but it wont wake up when the computer does, i have to physically turn it off and back on. ive tried swapping the drivers out for it but didnt seem to have any effect, im not entirely sure the video driver has anything to do with the monitor shutting off.

thanks for the help.

adam

A:goes into sleep mode but wont wake

Quote: Originally Posted by adamlh

i read through the first 5 pages lookin for this thread but was unable to find one. i got a new HD hannspree monitor a little while back and noticed a while later that if i ever need to reboot, the power light goes orange like its in power saving mode, but it wont wake up when the computer does, i have to physically turn it off and back on. ive tried swapping the drivers out for it but didnt seem to have any effect, im not entirely sure the video driver has anything to do with the monitor shutting off.

thanks for the help.

adam

Adam

The video driver provides the signal to keep the monitor out of standby so if it is corrupted somehow it might not be able to come out.

check the driver in device manager

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/86755-goes-into-sleep-mode-but-wont-wake.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have my computer set to sleep after mins of idle so that it won t stay on all night But lately when I wake it in the mode overheating on wake sleep CPU from morning I have noticed the cpu temperature steadily rises over - mins until it gets so hot the computer shuts itself off without even performing a crash dump first I started using Coretemp to monitor CPU overheating on wake from sleep mode it to CPU overheating on wake from sleep mode discover this when the shutdowns started and WhoCrashed to try to figure out the crashes CPU overheating on wake from sleep mode but since its not creating a report that doesn t work I normally run below for idle and below at load but after waking from sleep it starts in the s and just keeps climbing without the fan ever becoming more audible or seeming to react Its not a false reading either - you can SMELL it getting hot thats why I got Coretemp involved in trying to figure it out It is now doing this every single time it sleeps whereas before it was more random After it shuts off or I shut it off to protect it and cools off for a few mins I turn it back on and can hear the cpu fan kick on in high gear for a while then gradually slow down - interestingly it it does not kick in like that during the overheating after wake So what would cause the cpu fan to fail to compensate for overheating ONLY after waking from sleep mode Computer Specs AMD Phenom II X GHz GB RAM Windows bit with SP ATI Radeon HD

A:CPU overheating on wake from sleep mode

Hi

Before replacing the fan, look at the manual for your motherboard and see if it has special BIOS settings for the CPU fan. If it does, then you might find a solution there. For example, some motherboards have a feature for setting the CPU fan to quiet mode and I could see this causing a problem with a fan that is sticking slightly and gets a bigger kick of voltage when booting than it does when waking from sleep.

If you are uncomfortable with looking at your BIOS settings, I can tell you how to proceed safely.

Have you looked at the fan? If it has a wire or cable rubbing against it or has a lot of dust on it, that may cause it to be harder to start spinning when waking than when normally booting (the initial surge of voltage can be different).

If you open it up to look at the fan, be sure to turn it off, unplug it from the wall, push the power button to make sure any residual power is drained, touch the metal casing first (in case you have static electricity built up in your body) and use a pen or pencil to see how easily the fan spins.

James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438733/cpu-overheating-on-wake-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

I just finished building my first computer yesterday. Everything seems to be working just great, except when I put my computer in sleep mode and try to wake it up.

Here is my issue: When I put my computer to sleep, it works fine. When I try to wake it up (by pressing power button or hitting key on keyboard), it powers on for a brief second and then shuts down. The only way to get it back on is by pressing the power button again, resetting the pc. I just want to know how to set it up so when i hit a key on my keyboard it will wake up with no issues. Side notes: I have disabled hybrid sleep mode and clicked the box to allow keyboard to wake computer.

Please help. Thank you.

Relevancy 76.11%

Since I bought a new keyboard, I cannot wake my <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="25" id="25">pc</g> up from sleep mode.  I have to shut
it down and start again.  I read on the forum that I may need to change/modify the device driver, but to do this I need expert advice.  I am not computer friendly!!  Please help in simple answers.  Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd4be967-84b4-4e50-8a22-ba53204f55e0/cannot-wake-up-my-computer-from-sleep-mode?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 76.11%

I just bought a brand new system and everything was working fine.
I put into sleep mode and the computer went to sleep/died.
I can not wake up computer no matter what I have tried.
I have tried disconecting all the power over and over
Off on buttons don't work, mouse or keyboard don't work, monitor doesn't work.
It's like it went into a black hole of hybirnation and nothing I try will get the computer to power on now so I can get it out of sleep mode.
Everythings dead.
I pluged in my old system and started using it again because my new system I just paid $ 2500 for is useless.
Any suggestions out there?

A:Can't wake system up from sleep mode?

Hello Garbob, and welcome to Vista Forums.

It sounds like your BIOS has the wrong sleep state set in it. You can look at STEP THREE in the tutorial below to help change it, or resetting the BIOS back to default settings may help.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/209129-cant-wake-system-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I had BSOD thrice in a week after waking up from sleep mode.

This happens when i open my lid (have set it to sleep on closing lid). Doesnt seem to happen when i use the normal sleep button.

All 3 minidumps attached in my latest post below. Please help .

A:BSOD on wake-up from sleep mode

How did you activate your copy of windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364892-bsod-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

This used to never happen, then it happened rarely, and now it's happening at least twice a day. When I leave my computer (a vista, I wasn't sure where to put this) alone for to long, it often goes into sleep mode, or something like it, and won't wake up. The monitor light will blink blue as it does when it's asleep, or sometimes not be there at all and refuse to be turned on. Needless to say, the computer does not respond to any commands (that I know of) in this state and I have to wait for it to wake up randomly. This also often happens when I boot up the computer-the screen stays black throughout the startup process, and finally comes on around twenty minutes after starting the computer up.

What's going on? The tower appears to be working just fine but there's nothing on the screen. The whole thing has become very capricious.

A:Computer can't wake up from sleep mode

Hi Loading

It rather sounds like your computer is going into hibernation, rather than just standby or a sleep state. At those times when it won't wake to mouse or keyboard actions, try pushing the physical power button on your desktop's case once (just a quick, brief push should do --- don't hold it down long). If the system is in hibernation, it should then produce your desktop as it was when it went into hibernation [although you first might have to enter your password, if you have it set to prompt for a password on resumption from a standby, sleep, or hibernation state].

You can change your power-savings plan by using the Power applet in the Control Panel. A quick way to get there is simply to type powercfg.cpl into the Vista Search Box that is at the bottom of the Vista Start Menu - and then press your Enter key. Lots of choices there for you on how you want your system to behave for power-saving modes.

Here's a fairly decent troubleshooter for standby/sleep/hibernation problems --- Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Vista Sleep and Hibernate

The twenty minute lag before showing a screen is downright scary. You shouldn't have to wait much more than perhaps 90 seconds on a reasonably tuned system (though Vista has been known to take as long as three minutes on system that have less than 2gb of system memory, and have a larger than average number of processes running at startup).

If you want to give your PC a thorough once-over & tuneup:
To ensure that your main system hardware is fine - run diagnostics on the hard drive & memory. Check in Event Viewer and view the "Administrative Events" log -- concentrating on the Errors (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Event Viewer) . Run full system antivirus scans with the setting set to as thorough as possible. Check what is running at system startup - have a look at System Information's Software Environment "Startup" section (in Accessories/System Tools on the Start Menu).

As far as system settings go, if the PC was running perfectly well, and going into sleep fine, as recently as a month or so ago, you can consider trying using System Restore - use a restore point from before the trouble started. Try to run a good antivirus scan before you try this, though: because viruses can infect restore points, too.

Best of luck! Feel free to ask for more help
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-cant-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-553180.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I've been getting this bsod when I wake pc out of sleep mode mostly. It seems to have something to do with my graphics card. I've installed the latest drivers for it and it stops for awhile, but then it comes back. I've ran a stress test on it ( 3 or 4 passes) and it didn't find anything wrong. I need some clues as to what to do next please. I've include the dump files.

A:BSOD when I wake pc from sleep mode

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800609865a, fffff880037bd818, fffff880037bd070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vidsflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vidsflt.sys
Probably caused by : AtihdW76.sys ( AtihdW76+165a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Please uninstall Acronis, at least as a test.

Also Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361928-bsod-when-i-wake-pc-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I was just playing a game and accidentally i clicked the Sleep mode button in my keyboard, and after that my computer doesn't want to wake up.

It turns on but it doesn't even show anything in the screen, so i can't change any settings because i can't see anything in the screen.

I tried to disconnect the power supply for a while to drain the power from the computer then i turn it on again, and it Still in Sleeping Mode.

Also I never want my system to go in the sleep mode.

I have Windows xp.

A:How to Wake Up my Computer from Sleep Mode?

hit the power button once (don't hold it down), and it should wake the computer up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-wake-up-my-computer-from-sleep-mode-513114.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have tried several different settings and cannot get my monitor to wake up after sleeping for several hours. I have tried hybrid on and off. I have changed various settings in BIOS. I have made sure USB never turns off. I have changed the settings related to PCIe in sleep mode... Nothing works. I have a ABIT IP35Pro Board with an Sapphire 3850 Video card.

Any help would be appreciated.

RA

A:Monitor won't wake from Sleep Mode

Have you tried moving the mouse.
Have you tried turning the monitor off then on.
Is it on the same bit of software.
List your total spec and what software you are running.
Try running in safe mode to see if that changes the problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/118834-monitor-wont-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I have this Gateway P mhz and it will not wake up after it has been in sleep mode for awhile I just did a complete reinstall of WinXP home the other day which makes it more frustrating So I am very cautious in any solution I did disable the sleep mode features as while Gateway sleep not P4 in wake up will mode 2.6 a workaround in the meantime I did some chatting with Gateway and the tech chat guy recommend using WinXP home CD that came with the computer to do a repair but he said I would have to remove SP in order to do the repair as the WinXP home CD is sp I really hate to Gateway P4 2.6 will not wake up while in sleep mode do that I was wondering if slip streaming WinXP home sp with SP could achieve the same thing Is a slip stream CD capable of repairing How reliable are slip streamed version Amazing how long it takes to reinstall when all is said and done And of course if you have any other suggestions to get it to wake up in sleep mode Thanks Note I did do a slip stream version using AutoStreamer which is a no brainer nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Dell Studio XPS435 MT running Windows 7. For the past six months I noticed that when waking the computer from sleep mode, occasionally the monitor would not wake up and I would have to reboot. It got worse and worse until now it will never wake up without rebooting. I also noticed when I reboot, if I don't wait a few seconds for the computer noises to stop and immediately press the power button; the computer starts beeping loudly and nothing works. I have to manually shut it down and wait about 30-40 seconds to reboot. I have tried every one of the suggestions on these posts but nothing helped.

A:Monitor will not wake up from sleep mode

Regards the monitor not sure what to suggest

The series of beeps you are hearing maybe a mobo error code

Often mobo will put out a series/combination of long/short beeps identifying an error, listen to the beeps next time you hear them and check your manufacturers www for an error code list

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/235474-monitor-will-not-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys, my BSOD happens usually about 2 - 5 mins after i wake my computer from sleep mode. Usually happens while im using google chrome. I have updated my graphics drivers (i usually keep them up to date) and that has not fixed the problem. The BSOD tells me that a display driver has failed or is not responding. Also had a BSOD today after windows startup, which is the first time ive had this issue. I have uploaded the files needed.

BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8005BA64E0
BCP2: FFFFF880048D9DAC
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Thanks,

Steve.

A:BSOD mostly on wake from sleep mode

Hi Stevros.

Yes, you are right ... a stop 0x116 is a display/graphics related issue. But this part of your post caught my attention:

Quote: Originally Posted by Stevros

The BSOD tells me that a display driver has failed or is not responding.

Are you having any popup balloon like this?

Let us know.

You are overclocking.

Code:
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 2800
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. See how it goes with stock hardware settings.

I see that the problem occurred with multiple versions of the display driver, latter 13.9 WHQL. Let us see how it works with this version.

Uninstall your installed latest version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install version 13.9 WHQL only.
Previous AMD Catalyst? Display Drivers
When the driver is applied, stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8005ba64e0, fffff880048d9dac, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bdac )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8005ba64e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880048d9dac, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+bdac
fffff880`048d9dac 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`060a79c8 fffff880`02c65140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`05ba64e0 fffff880`048d9dac 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`060a79d0 fffff880`02c64e4a : fffff880`048d9dac fffffa80`05ba64e0 fffffa80`053dc2e0 fffffa80`07e52410 : dxgkrnl!Td... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333462-bsod-mostly-wake-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Win 7 64 bit, Gigabyte MB
With a USB 3.0 hub connected to a rear USB 3.0 port on MB.
When the PC goes to sleep it cannot be awaken or be started. The start button is lit. Normally when the PC is asleep the start button is not lit.
To start the PC I have to disconnect USB 3.0 hub, and do a forced shut down by pressing the start button for 5 sec.
I start anew the PC, get the screen with the different startup options, and select start windows normally. The PC will start w/o a problem.
If I do not disconnect the USB 3.0 hub the PC will not start.
This did not happen with a USB 2.0 hub to the same USB 3.0 port
Note that the USB 3.0 hub is new.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
YannisG

A:Pc does not wake after sleep mode with usb 3.0 hub connected

Hi yannisg, welcome to the Forum.

It seems the new USB 3.0 hub is either faulty or is causing problems.

Is this hub self powered or does it rely on the the USB port for power. If it is relying on the USB port for power, then how may devices do you have plugged into the hub itself?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/394117-pc-does-not-wake-after-sleep-mode-usb-3-0-hub-connected.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a External Seagate 2 Tb hard drive that after a while, will disconnect and I can't wake it by trying to access the drive in Explorer. I tried rebooting my computer but it doesn't show up anymore. The only solution it seems is to disconnect the drive and plug it back in.

Any advices?

I am on Windows 10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-goes-to-sleep-and-doesnt-wake-up.1170878/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi! I have a brand new X1 Carbon Gen3 i7 running on Windows 10 64 bit, the issue is that when it goes into deep sleep mode I am not able to wake up the unit by any mean, neither by pressing a key nor by pressing the power button. I am forced to reboot the unit by holding the power button.  I saw some similar issue in a T440 thread, but no solution was foundhttps://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440-Doesn-t-Wake-from-Deep-Sleep/td-p/1... Your help is highly apreciated! Cheers Enzo 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen3-Doesn-t-Wake-from-Deep-Sleep/td-p/3368069
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I would like to ask a question about my desktop here After upgrading to Windows I noticed that there has been a problem with my display It doesn't happen everytime but randomly when the computer is idle for minutes and the screen is automatically turned off it won't turn back on anymore Normally I will doesn't Display from automatic wake up turn sleep just move the mouse and the display will turn back on again However when the problem happens no matter what I do moving the mouse typing in the keyboard it won't turn back on I even tried to press the shutdown button thinking that the computer is just sleeping and it will wake up again however it doesn't do anything The only thing that works is the restart button I've tried every way to try and Display doesn't wake up from automatic turn sleep stop the problem uninstalling the graphic drivers and reinstall the latest beta drivers uninstall the drivers again and install the WHQL drivers installing monitor drivers checking out the power options and making sure that the computer isn't set to sleep after a timeout period Nothing works the problem will still randomly happen again after the desktop turns off the display monitor My graphic card is Sapphire Radeon R does anyone have any solution to this problem of mine Help is greatly appreciated I'm very tired of this happening suddenly I do not want to lose my data from restarting the computer

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/44310-display-doesnt-wake-up-automatic-turn-sleep.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey everyone I've got a self-built PC that has been running great since without issue However I recently found that the sleep function no longer performs as expected The computer sleeps on command but wakes just - seconds later Worse the system is totally unresponsive after waking with no video to the monitor I own a backlit USB keyboard Corsair K doesn't wake after but after Sleep(S3), respond Wakes immediately PC and the keys weirdly flicker when I try to type in this state The only way to exit the state is by a hard shutdown I can't seem to pinpoint the issue since quot powercfg lastwake quot returns an empty wake history by next boot I also haven't installed any new hardware since having the problem I found a troubleshooting guide for sleep issues and followed that and the only device that is able to wake my computer is the keyboard according to windows I'm wondering what to do since I'd love to have my computer always available but leaving it on wastes a PC Wakes immediately after Sleep(S3), but doesn't respond after wake ton of power Thanks for reading my question PS I think this could be related to RAM Under normal operation after a fresh boot the ram status led's are all green meaning that there are no issues However when in the above unresponsive state I fond that the same status led's are orange a warning indicator I am using S sleep so the session is always saved to RAM Just what I know hopefully it's a clue to the solution Thanks again

A:PC Wakes immediately after Sleep(S3), but doesn't respond after wake

Have you tried system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247028-pc-wakes-immediately-after-sleep-s3-but-doesnt-respond-after-wake.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I have a lenovo y on Windows and when I put my laptop to sleep I am able to turn it back on But sometimes the screen stays black and the keyboard lights are on Such that the computer did start up but the sleep doesn't Lenovo wake screen y700 up from screen doesn't want to The only way I am able to fix this is buy putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work The solution fool-proof is to hold the Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep power button to shut it down and then start it up again I bought this laptop a week ago and yes I updated all my drivers including NVIDA Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep GPU and windows updates I also don't have that many background apps running Here are my specs Lenovo Ideapad Y - Laptop - NV FUS Processor - th Generation Intel Core i - HQ GHz MHz MB Operating System - Windows Home Memory - GB PC - DDR MHzGraphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GBHard Drive - TB RPM GB SSDThanks for your time cheersBouga Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep

Hi bouga ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Checking on the support site for   Notebook IP Y700-15ISK I7 , seems no BIOS update needed for this model. 
Typically even on Win Vista and Windows 7 that issue with sleep has been related to hybrid features. 

Method 1 : You may try to disable it using the cmd elevated for the command  powercfg -h off . 
Check on this video link for the guide steps 

Method 2 : Setting Power option to High Performance instead of conservation mode . then manualy setting sleep on the start icon 

Continue to apply neccessary updates that may correct this issue but for the time being , you can use Method 2 as alternate solution if method 1 fail to correct it. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-screen-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/2259317
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I have a lenovo y on Windows and when I put my laptop to sleep I am able to turn it back on But sometimes the screen stays Lenovo sleep y700 wake from doesn't up screen black and the keyboard lights are on Such that the Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep computer did start up but the screen doesn t want to The only way I am able to fix this is buy Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work The solution fool-proof is to hold the power button to shut it down and then start it up again I bought this laptop a week ago and yes I updated all my drivers including NVIDA GPU and windows updates I also don t have that many background apps running Here are my specs Lenovo Ideapad Y - Laptop - NV FUS Processor - th Generation Intel Core i - HQ GHz MHz MB Operating System - Windows Home Memory - GB PC - DDR MHz Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB Hard Drive - TB RPM GB SSD Thanks for your time cheers Bouga nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-y700-screen-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep.1165235/
Relevancy 75.25%

Windows 8.1 64-bit running on a Samsung 830 series SSD in a home built system.  I have the start menu pared down to just 3 items and it takes just 30 seconds from a cold boot to the desktop (that includes a lock screen picture and typing in a password). Disabling the lock screen picture and password would probably get me to the desktop in about 15 seconds.  However, waking the computer from sleep mode takes 30-40 seconds to reach operational status with no password required.  I have 16GB of Crucial ram installed and the whole system runs normally,  I have another computer also running Windows 8.1 that will wake from sleep mode to desktop in about 4 seconds.  Any thoughts or ideas on what might be causing the delay or suggestions on speeding it up?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/543652/long-delay-to-wake-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 75.25%

It had this problem with windows vista, and I have decided to upgrade to Win7, but it still has the same problem.
It goes to sleep, but then will not wake no matter what i click.

Can you help fix it?
Thank you

A:Ssatellite U300-13K does not wake from sleep mode

How do you switch to stand-by mode?
Does power LED blinks when notebook is in stand-by mode?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?76619-Ssatellite-U300-13K-does-not-wake-from-sleep-mode
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,

My Satellite L50D-B fails to wake up from sleep mode, quite annoying.
The only way out is a hard reset.

This seems to be a common but unresolved problem for many. Any fixes that do work?

Thanks - Paul

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92128-Satellite-L50D-B-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep-mode
Relevancy 75.25%

HiAfter doing all updates (windows/lenovo) and ensuring latest lenovo power managers are installed, my Helix 20CG will still not wake from sleep mode. This problem has been persistant since the second day I had the computer. If the Helix is in sleep mode for more than 2 hours and you press the power button, the screen will not turn on. However if the tablet is docked on the ultrabook keyboard the green light on the Fn key will briefly flicker. Also if you press the power button and then immediately hit the windows button on the bottom of the tablet it will vibrate a bit, but in both cases the screen does not turn on. After continuously hitting the power button for ~5-10 minutes the screen will eventually turn on. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks,Brandon 

A:Helix 20CG won't wake from sleep mode

For the past week, I've been using the Helix and just shutting it down every time I walk away from it. This morning I put it in sleep mode walked away for an hour or so and when I went to wake it up, by pressing the power button, the green light on the Fn key flashed but it would not wake up. I held the power button down for 4 seconds to do a hard reboot. I checked the system log, and when the computer was "asleep" the following warnings were recorded: Level    Date and Time    Source    Event ID    Task CategoryWarning    12/13/2014 11:08:12 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client    1014    (1014)    Name resolution for the name imap.gmail.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.Warning    12/13/2014 10:06:28 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    123    None    The DSM service was delayed by 289 seconds for a driver query/download/install on device 'HID\VID_17EF&PID_6067&MI_02\8&111A4E3A&0&0000'Warning    12/13/2014 10:01:38 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    123    None    The DSM service was delayed by 205 seconds for a driver query/download/install on device 'HID\VID_17EF&PID_6067&MI_01&COL03\8&12BCEF88&0&0002' Upon start up, the following was recorded: Level    Date and Time    Source    Event ID    Task CategoryWarning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    201    None    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    201    None    A connection to the Windows Metadata and Internet Services (WMIS) could not be established.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    202    None    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    202    None    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    200    None    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    202    None    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    200    None    A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established.Warning    12/13/2014 11:36:39 AM    Microsoft-Windows-DeviceSetupManager    202    None    The Network List Manager reports no connectivity to the internet.Error    12/13/2014 11:36:34 AM    DPTF    256    GENERAL    Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : ESIF(8.0.10002.14) TYPE: ERROR FUNC: rsrc_file_extract_resource_file FILE: rsrc_file.c LINE: 368Error: Unable to create resource file.Error    12/13/2014 11:36:34 AM    DPTF   &nb... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-20CG-won-t-wake-from-sleep-mode/td-p/1816119
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Desktop HP A6500f which I purchased brand new in Aug. 2008 and a year later went to SLEEP. I TRIED different MONITOR and nothing. I don't have a recovery disk for that. This PC is running WINDOWS VISTA. Please HELP ME to WAKE this computer up. It won't turn on at all. WHAT CAN I DO?, PLEASE.... TELL ME!!!!
Will a RECOVERY DISK will solve this problem? If so, how can I make a RECOVERY DISK from my other computer?
THANKS!!!!

A:Hp desktop went to sleep mode... Help me to wake'r up, pleaseeee!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-desktop-went-to-sleep-mode-help-me-to-waker-up-pleaseeee.956975/
Relevancy 75.25%

hi there guys it s my first time after mouse sleep wake mode from freezes up here i ll make it simple and quick thanks in advance so i got a new USB mouse couple days ago and i noticed that when the laptop goes to sleep and then wake up the cursor freezes and mouse freezes after wake up from sleep mode the only way to make it move again is to unplug and replug the mouse freezes after wake up from sleep mode mouse again some notes i can put here this problem only happens when the laptop is not plugged to power source when the problem occurs the mouse disappear from the device manager and again the only way to get it back is mouse freezes after wake up from sleep mode to unplug it and replug it again i did try to switch between the ports of the keyboard and the mouse and the problem stopped so the problem is with the port not the mouse the laptop is dell inspiron R working with windows x i tried most basic tweaks that i can recall and i guess my drivers are up to date or maybe not any help or a simple hint is so appreciated thanks again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezes-after-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.1165635/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Toshiba A200 laptop with windows vista OS.

I am facing the following problems with my system now.

1) If I put the system in sleep/ hibernate mode, it doesn't wake up, even if I press the power switch. Then I have to remove battery to make the system off
2) whenever I shutdown the system (with power supply on), it restarts by own, after shutdown.

this started one week ago

please help me to resolve these issues.

benoy.ad

A:I Cant Shut Down Or Wake The System From Sleep Mode

Do you have SP1 installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173032/i-cant-shut-down-or-wake-the-system-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 75.25%

When I restart from sleep mode power saving mode computer not running at all the cursor freezes up I then have to restart the computer with the keyboard Then I get this BSOD After the restart widows boot again and I'm asked whether to start in safe mode or not I start windows in normal mode then everything is working normal again until I wake up the computer again System Information Windows Professional Version build System On up freeze cursor from up wake mode, sleep Manufacturer Gigabyte System Model X A-UD BIOS Version Date Award software International Inc F Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz SMBios version Virtual Memory GB Installed Memory GB -Bit Operating system Problem signature On wake up from sleep mode, cursor freeze up Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF EF A BCP BCP E OS Version Service Pack Product Additional Info I reinstalled the original OS version after having BSOD's The last software that was loaded onto the system was the updated driver for USB this work well for a while then the problem started again

A:On wake up from sleep mode, cursor freeze up

This latest crash was caused by AppleCharger.sys. It is a driver so the motherboard can charge Apple hardware such as iPhones or iPods.

Update it from your manufacturer's website

Code:
Probably caused by : AppleCharger.sys ( AppleCharger+26c0 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129893-wake-up-sleep-mode-cursor-freeze-up.html
Relevancy 75.25%

So I have the X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card and I've never had any problems with my sound Nothing has ever acted up or anything I've recently tore my system down and put it back together and now for some reason my sound is Sleep Wake Mode X-Fi From Sound Up After with Problem acting up It still works but not all the time Also my Internet is acting up the same way also so everything was all good and after rebuild Now when I put the system to sleep when I wake it up I get a Windows message saying something about Windows something didn't respond and my volume symbol in system tray is X'd Out I have no sound but if I wait about - seconds it just turns on all of a sudden like the X-Fi is waking up slower than the computer is But this has never happened Problem with X-Fi Sound After Wake Up From Sleep Mode in the past So it works but it's delayed Problem with X-Fi Sound After Wake Up From Sleep Mode Same thing Problem with X-Fi Sound After Wake Up From Sleep Mode with my Internet it's never had a problem but now when I wake system up from sleep mode the net doesn't work and I hoped it would turn on like the sound does but it doesn't So I have to either Restart PC or I can unplug and replug in the Ethernet cable then it works fine I'm not sure why both of these items are acting up but they have never done this is the past Does anyone know why either of these things would be happening Thanks

A:Problem with X-Fi Sound After Wake Up From Sleep Mode

Quite bizzare, I suffer from very similar issues to you after waking from sleep.

I also have an X-Fi card and I also recently rebuilt my machine. Now when I wake from sleep the Audio comes on straight away but it sounds fuzzy. The network connection then takes an age to re-establish, it's actually quicker for me to reboot.

The audio sorts itself out if I changed through the Entertainement, Game and Audio creation modes.

I haven't got anywhere in resolving this, apart from disabling my PC from going to sleep

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/212662-problem-x-fi-sound-after-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My brand new T450S laptop won't wake up from sleep mode at times.  When I close the lid and reopen it, it will show a black screen.  I notice that the red light on the ThinkPad sign on the outside cover remains solid and not blinking on those occasions when I can't wake it up.  When the red light blinks slowly back and forth, then I know I can open it and resume my work.  So what do I do when it is in that solid state and I can't wake it up at all??

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Brand new T450S won't wake up from sleep mode

Hi Taytay,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing.

Can you try turning ON or OFF the Hybrid Sleep. Open your Lenovo Energy management and turn off the Hard Drive power Saver option.

Other things that you can try:

Check this Recommended Settings for Sleep
Turn off Fast Startup

Regards,
Shashi Kumar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Brand-new-T450S-won-t-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/td-p/2258193
Relevancy 75.25%

Why will my desktop pc not fully wake up from sleep mode? When I goto wake my pc from sleep mode it acts like it starts to wake up then stops and the screen does not come on.

A:My desktop pc will not fully wake up from sleep mode

There is no "will not fully wake up", either wakes up or it doesn't. Did you try rebooting?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/my-desktop-pc-will-not-fully-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/13393.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My *Equium P300-16T* will not wake from sleep.

If I use Fn F3 I get the message to enter sleep and according to what I have read pressing the power button will wake the machine up but not in my case.

I've also tried the Power Options to automatically enter sleep mode after a specific time but again I can't wake the machine up and have to do a hard reboot.

My OS Is Vista Home Basic.

Anyone offer any advice on how to correct this please?

Thanks

A:Can't wake up my Equium P300 from sleep mode

> but again I can't wake the machine up and have to do a hard reboot.

Is your BIOS up to date?
If not, update the BIOS?

Furthermore from my experience such sleep mode issues might be caused by corrupted system?therefore new installation might help to solve this too.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?67671-Can-t-wake-up-my-Equium-P300-from-sleep-mode
Relevancy 74.39%

No - "Sleep Mode" is not set to activate on my pc

No - My computer is not set to automatically shut down

I do not have any viruses on my pc, I never visit malicious websites. I have AVG and Malwarebytes on my pc.

The issue started about a hour ago, it has happened twice since. I have not experienced any issues with my pc since I built it over a year ago.

Edit: This isn't a BSOD. It just shuts off no blue screen. The computer is still on, but it's almost as if it's in sleep mode.

A:Computer Randomly Shuts Down Into Sleep Mode but Can't Wake Up

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8011a544e0, fffff88005e1bf38, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7a3f38 )

---------
Jarrod,

Please reinstall the video drivers, but follow these steps exactly:

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366075-computer-randomly-shuts-down-into-sleep-mode-but-cant-wake-up.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all, I bought my lenovo Edge 2-1580 in December, but recently, the display won't turn on after I wake it up from sleep mode. The rest of the notebook still turns on and the power button is lit, but the screen will stay black even if I move the mouse or press any keys. I have to do a manual shutdown and then turn it on again, which works but then the problem occurs again when it goes to sleep mode. I've updated the drivers and disabled the notebook from going to sleep, but if I manually put it into sleep mode the problem continues. I've seen this as a common issue regarding Windows 10 as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Edge 2-1580 won't wake up after sleep mode

I just resolved this issue recently with my Flex 3 1580, so hopefully my solution works for you.  First, update the video/graphics driver (intel or nvidia) from the Drivers & Software page on support.lenovo.com.  Test sleep mode again.  If the screen is still not turning back on, then update your BIOS.  Back on the Drivers & Software page, look for the latest BIOS update and run it.  In both cases, but especially for the BIOS update, make sure your laptop is plugged in.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Edge-2-1580-won-t-wake-up-after-sleep-mode/td-p/3304239
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello all,

I've scheduled my PC to wake up at a certain time with vista's task scheduler, and when it wakes up, I always see black screen on my monitor instead of desktop.

If I move my mouse or type any key during a black screen, it turns back to desktop.

I've searched around the net, but I couldn't find a solution...so I've decided to ask.
I really need help on this one.

Does anyone have any solution for this?

Thank you.

A:My PC gets BLACK SCREEN after unattended wake up from sleep mode

have you looked in your power settings to see if you have the display set to turn off.

that could cause it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232831-my-pc-gets-black-screen-after-unattended-wake-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey,

After an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7, my laptop has been intermittently been waking up from sleep mode.
It doesn't fully boot or display anything on the screen and after 10-15 seconds will return to sleep mode.
All network devices have been set not to wake the laptop up on activity.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

A:Satellite Pro P300-276: Win 7 intermittently wake up from sleep mode

Hi

Have you disabled wake up from LAN in BIOS? Furthermore you should also disable USB Sleep & Charge and Wake up from Keyboard.

Check your BIOS for these options and disable them. For me it has worked! :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?50125-Satellite-Pro-P300-276-Win-7-intermittently-wake-up-from-sleep-mode