Windows Support Forum

z240 - add SATA card (no working)

Q: z240 - add SATA card (no working)

HiI have bought a z240 tower which runs really well with win 7 pro. Recently, I wanted to add an SATA extension card, but without any success. I am looking for a simple SATA controller without RAID functionality (which unnecessary slows down the boot procedure). Unfortunately, HP does not offer any SATA boards as accessories - Is there any recommendation for such a card from your side? I've bought a LogiLink PC0059A card, unfortunately, the system does no longer startup when connecting drives to it. The hp BIOS screen appears as usual, then the card shows the attached drives, after that the hp bios screen appears again and reamains without any reaction (reboot required). Thanks for any hints Tom

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z240-add-SATA-card-no-working/td-p/5725275
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: z240 - add SATA card (no working)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.35%

When I download graphics card driver 15.20.1045 (sp73511.exe) from the HP site and install this, the properties display 15.200.1045.So I'm now not sure if the corect driver is installed, because I'm still getting graphics card errors. Our software supplier PTC recommends the certified 15.20.1045-version so how do I get this right?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Graphics-Card-driver-Z240/td-p/5847833
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I?d like to install a media card reader (e.g. HP 468494-005) into the shared internal/external 3.5" drive bay of my HP Z240 SFF workstation but it doesn't fit. It probably needs a carrier of some kind, because the casing is just a bit too wide and there are no holes for the standard screws. I couldn't find any instructions on the HP website. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z240-SFF-installing-a-card-reader-into-the-shared-internal/td-p/5739086
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello right heres my problem I built my own computer got a raid array around HDD SSD's and since i have so many drives i needed to buy a sata controller to get extra sata ports at GBPS so i brought StarTech com Port PCI Card and working Sata detected not not PCI-E Express SATA III Port PCI Express SATA III Gbps Controller Card w eSATA - PCIe x PEXSAT NEW StarTech com Port PCI Express SATA III Gbps Controller Card w eSATA - PCI-E Sata Card not detected and not working PCI Express SATA Gbps Card - -Port PCIe x SATA Card StarTech com Global NEW StarTech com Port PCI Express SATA III Gbps Controller Card w eSATA - eBay my motherboard Gigabyte GA- GPA-UD H may be irrelevant but heres the rest AMD Phenom II X t Black Edition Bit Spire Thermax Eclipse II SP B -V Heatsink Corsair DOMINATOR GT GB DDR SDRAM Memory Module x Gb Thermaltake Toughpower Wattage Seagate Barracuda Terabyte x TB Sapphire Ati Amd Radeon HD Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio so anyway my current drive connections this is the numbering as it would appear logically in information on the pc --------------- --------------- ---------------------------------- INFORMATION OF MY MOTHERBOARDS SATA PORTS - are blue ports that are SATA Gbps which are controlled by ICH R southbridge and support RAID - are white ones that are GSATA Gbps which are controlled by two JMicron storage processors and support RAID JBOD sata port drive model letter and name assinged OCZ Vertex Max IOPS Edition SATA III SSD GB first brought one on for RAID c programs d programs system reserved OCZ Vertex Max IOPS Edition SATA III SSD GB brought another one on for RAID Seagate Barracuda Terabyte Seagate Barracuda Terabyte Seagate Barracuda Terabyte Seagate Barracuda ST DL Green -inch TB SATA Gb s Drive Seagate Barracuda gb DVD RW Drive a Floppy Disk Drive e documents USED TO BE CALLED quot programs backup quot Seagate Barracuda gb rpm from external hdd i found in uni k documents gb from mums old pc old programs hdd with bad sectors Seagate Barracuda Terabyte atm disconnected drives Seagate TB inch RPM MB Cache SATA Hard Drive and a few more so thats that so i brought the sata controller connected it to the bottom blue x slot but its states its fine its backwards compatible to x but from this point on i never got the new drives connected to the sata ports to appear only like once did they appear in the bios hdd boot order but even the boot order wasnt manageble once i connected the sata card alot of things went wrong but all fixeable back to the initial point before sata card connected by resetting CMOS and resetting up the bios for my old RAID setup so heres all the notes i made on the things that went wrong and everything i have tried ALL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS AFTER THE SATA CONTROLLER CARD IS CONNECTED cant access hdd boot order when all my hdd drives are connected to motherboard sata ports everything is fine all settings and options are there however when i connect a pci sata controller with hdds plugged into it into the pci motherboard slot and boot up the pc and go into the bios many options are missing for example quot advaced bios features gt hard disk boot priority quot if i disconnect the hard disk drives from the sata controller windows boots up from the motherboard sata ports and the bios is normal with all the options including hard disk boot priority works fine in the top blue pci-e port where the graphics card was so ill swap the gpu slot nope it only booted up into os because the sata controller card wasnt detected for some reason bios gt del gt advanced bios features gt full screen logo show gt disabled bios gt del gt CTRL F it showed hidden option like advanced chipset features still no boot priority thought the fourth screen at my pc boot up shows marvel adapter se xx pass thru ahci which im assuming is the sata cards raid controller or ide controller or its bios itself since this sata card is supposed to have a bios in it and theres a fifth that says marvel as well which im assum... Read more

A:PCI-E Sata Card not detected and not working

I would be curious to know what are you doing with so much HDDs.

Let's see if we can sort this out. First and foremost, a link
Your sata card manuals, drivers and utilities Download the manual and read it, it's pretty short. Now, page 4 says how to check if the drivers were installed correctly (they say win7 has already the drivers and doesn't need installation, but let's check anyway), do it and report back.

There is also an utility in the page above, which you can try installing to see if you can get a bit more control over the card.

Another possible issue is power, although with a 1500 watt PSU... anyway, fill your specs in this calculator so we are sure that is not the issue.

Quote:
old programs hdd with bad sectors, Seagate Barracuda 1.5 Terabyte 7200.11 ?43.00

This is failing at worst or unreliable at best, suggest to move away data and put it to rest. Don't use it atm to troubleshoot the card.

Quote:
the fourth screen at my pc boot up shows:
marvel adapter 88se91xx
pass thru ahci
which im assuming is the sata cards raid controller, or ide controller, or its bios itself? since this sata card is supposed to have a bios in it
and theres a fifth that says marvel as well which im assuming is another controller of that sata card

Those names identify that card's chipset, so it's the card talking to you.
Look if it states a key to press to open a bios-like window where adjust the card's settings.
Theoretically it should, or at least a few I had did (different model different brand, but hey, it's a sata card, not a spaceship). Mine worked with pressing Tab, but I had to take a camera and take pics of the screen during boot as it was too damn fast to be readable.

Quote:
maybe raid isnt enabled on the card

Yes, that card is just a sata card, has no RAID functions.

Quote:
so since i cannot access boot order, when i try to let windows boot up, it gets stuck on the windows welcome screen, most likely because its running one of the broken operating systems on one of the harddrives that i dont want the OS booting off

What about formatting those drives before trying again? It's one less thing interfering. just disconnect some of the drives you have already (or the DVD drive) and connect them in their place. leave the card out of the slot as you want to be sure your mobo's bios is booting from the right drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263297-pci-e-sata-card-not-detected-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I Can't Install a sata hard disk with a PCI sata controller card.?
My mb is MSI KT4V with AMD athlon 1800.My bios is AMI.
There is no option in my mb for a sata hard disk so i brought the sata pci cotroller card.
In post it shows the raid in my pci slot but cant detect my hard disk. It is a Segate 7200 rpm 160 gb hard disk.My sata pci controller card come with a driver cd but i cant install its driver in dos mode. and i think its for the windows version.
How can i install the single sata drive in my comp.
please help me...

A:Can't Install Sata Hard disk With PCI SATA controller card

Probably some fakeraid BS..
You have to enter the RAID BIOS and configure the drive as a RAID0 array or something similar. If it doesn't detect the drive in the RAID BIOS either, look over all your cables. Make sure you have power to the hard drive and suchlike.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-sata-hard-disk-with-pci-sata-controller-card.81239/
Relevancy 52.89%

This call for help is apply to any one could provide help about the jmb363 jumpers setting combination to make the 2 internal sata and 2 external e-sata work at the same time , THANK YOU
AND HERE IS THE LINK FOR MY JUMPER : http://sam-2014.weebly.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jmb363-jumpers-setting-pci-express-sata-e-sata-ide-card.206627/
Relevancy 52.46%

Yesterday I had a PC technician around to see why my PC was not booting-up properly and also to change my SSD to a larger SSD. As I am visually challenged I cannot do hardware upgrades etc, so I got a Techie guy in.

We used Zinstall HDD by-the-way and I would highly recommend this application for such a job plus, it is extremely fast.

Anyway, while he was diagnosing my boot-up issue he discovered I had a malfunctioning network card; while removing this, he noticed all the SATA settings were set to SATA 2.

When he reset these to SATA 3, the PC would not start-up! When he set them again to SATA 2 there was no problem and it worked fine?

Can anyone illuminate me on this please?

Thanks for any/all imput

A:SATA 3 not working on Asus P6X58D-E motherboard with SATA III support

Many people have had issues with the Marvell controller on that MB.
You may want to live with SATA 3g/s. Easiest path, no real difference except for benchmarks, and no chance of data loss.
But in case you're not satisfied with that, here's something to look at.

AHCI-mode on Marvell 9128 controller in Windows 7 Ultimate x64

and

[Solved] ASUS P6x58D-E, Win 7 (64) Marvell AT 91xx - Asus - Motherboards-Memory
A fellow name Jaquith seems to know what's up.

Bottom line is you need the right drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/237306-sata-3-not-working-asus-p6x58d-e-motherboard-sata-iii-support.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Got II Card or via Controller SATA PCIe SATA II a question and I do not know the answer nor can I find SATA II or SATA II via PCIe Controller Card it The mainboard on my setup is a BIOSTAR TA GX M I currently have GB DDR PC memory sets of X GB Matched Sets that I am upgrading to GB of DDR PC memory sets of X GB Matched Sets as I am getting ready to install Win Pro bit and I wanted the extra memory This board has SATA II slots limited to Gb s As I have an external drive that I use for storage TB and it SATA II or SATA II via PCIe Controller Card is almost full with my wav music files from my digitized LP s I got a Speed Dragon PCI Express Combo Card so that I can use eSATA function on the drive instead of USB to connect to the computer eSATA being faster than USB V The card says the PCIe is limited to Gb s but I have read where the SATA II ports even though listed as Gb s operate at a much lesser speed I know I need to upgrade my mainboard cpu memory to current standards but I can t do that right now It will be about a year before I can upgrade the MB CPU Mem This controller card is in the PCIe slot one of - PCI Express Gen X and not only does it have the eSATA port but there is also a SATA II port on it as well I am getting a SSD that is SATA III Samsung EVO for the new OS and am wondering if I should hook it up to the SATA II port on the PCIe controller card to use the PCIe slot instead of hooking the SSD to one of the SATA II ports on the mainboard Four of the ports are already in use TB HDD TB HHD GB HHD and my Pioneer BD-R BDXL Blu Ray Read Write I know that I will never be able to take full advantage of the EVO unless I upgrade but that will come in time So the question is will I get better performance putting the EVO SSD on the controller card or one of the mainboard SATA II ports Either way I realize that I will be limited to SATA II speeds but what would be the best option to use I guess that I can try both ways to see what will give me the fastest R W speeds but if I do this what is a good freeware program that I can use to measure the capabilities of the SATA II ports vs the SATA II port on the PCIe card Motherboard BIOSTAR TA GX M Rev CPU AMD Phenom II X Processor Ghz Memory X GB Corsair XMS will be upgraded to GB GSK F - CL D- GBPQ X X GB HDD Seagate Barracuda TB SATA SATA slot Seagate Barracuda TB SATA SATA slot Seagate Barracuda GB SATA SATA slot SAMSUNG MZ- TE BW EVO GB SATA slot FDD can you believe it Graphics NVIDIA Foxconn GeForce GT CD ROM Pioneer BD-R Blu Ray SATA slot Light Scribe DVD IDE Primary Other E-SATA to SATA controller card for an external Hitachi FD TB HDD M Audio Audiophile Rev A currently removed for installation of Win BIOS DEAB BST nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello!!

Wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm Trying to boot off a SATA HDD thats plugged into ALi SATA PCI add-on card. When i first installed the card and the HDD an option to view the SCSI Raid bios setup appeared after the POST. Once I copied the old IDE HDD onto the new drive using MaxBlast 4, this option dissapeared.

Now in windows XP when botted off the old IDE disk I can see the new hard drive as a second drive and it is an exact copy of the old drive.

But how once you have romoved the IDE disk from the system do you get the system to Boot off the new Drive.

Help!!!!

Thanks.

A:Booting from a SATA HDD on a ALI SATA PCI card

if u have jumpers on the harddrives check those to make sure they are set up correctly, but first i would check ur boot order in ur system settings (tap f8 while the computer is booting, and find the boot order in the menus) if u are not comfortable playing with ur system settings, u may want to ask someone to do this for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-from-a-sata-hdd-on-a-ali-sata-pci-card.42556/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys I need to find a PCI-Express to SATA III Card 2Port card but my mobo a Z77MX-D3H has only 1 PCIEX1 slot which is covered by my GPU, so I have only a PCIEX4 & 8 slot free. Does anyone know whether a sata expansion card is made for the GPU slots?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/73438-pci-express-sata-iii-card-2port-card.html
Relevancy 45.58%
Q: Z240

Hi Team, We are trying to install win7 on Z240 but due to some issue the SSD does not gets detected we have also tried installing Win7 via CD/USB but still no luck can someone help me regarding this issue.

A:Z240

If secure boot is enabled in BIOS, try disabling it and enable legacy boot.Also in case you are using NVME SSD, then you may need to inject the corresponding driver

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Z240/td-p/5529208
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a brand new HP Z240. I have installed the SSD in the M2 slot on the board and updated the BIOS 1.27. The board or the BIOS will still not see the SSD. it is a Crucial 500GB SSD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z240-can-not-see-my-M2-SSD/td-p/5769871
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello We are going to be purchasing a lot of HP Z Tower Workstations from our supplier in the future and I have been given one to QA in our environment nbsp We currently use HP BCU to make available and enable the TPM on our current HP systems We are using version of HPBCU Today Workstation HP TPM PPI Z240 I have downloaded version of the HPBCU to begin creating a configuration file for the new Z workstations nbsp The problem I have is that the TPM PPI physical presence settings are nowhere to be found in the UEFI BIOS firmware user interface What we want to do is suppress the prompt that would allow users to deny HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI modifications This is was possible in previous incarnations of HPBCU on different models of workstation in the form of the following setting nbsp Embedded Security Activation Policy nbsp nbsp F to Boot nbsp nbsp Allow user to reject nbsp nbsp No prompts nbsp Unfortunately this is not in the file created using on the Z and as I said nothing appears in the user interface I have checked under Security gt TPM Embedded Security but the only options I see there are TPM Device and TPM State nbsp Is it possible to configure the physical presence settings on this model of workstation using HPBCU If not then I will need to reccommend an appropriate alternative make HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI model where it is possible nbsp We deploy scripts that run HPBCU through configmgr SCCM and can't have this prompt annoying our users and potentially allowing them to deny the change nbsp We also can't have technicians HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI visit every Z to configure this manually Our I T estate is fairly large at computers so automatic management is crucial to us nbsp Any help would be massively appreciated nbsp Many ThanksC Solved View Solution

A:HP Z240 Workstation TPM PPI

Updating the System BIOS/Firmware seemed to solve this issue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-Workstation-TPM-PPI/td-p/5597459
Relevancy 45.15%

Bios ver. N51 1.27 Does anyone know where the option is to turn on Num Lock for the HP Z240? I have looked throguh the service manual and there was no listing for turning on num lock like other models.Example: the  z210 Bios does offer this.  z240 https://cdn.cnetcontent.com/87/f7/87f7c232-7b8b-4ce0-b452-5de5da0d9e9b.pdfz210 http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02787107  Note: I am not interested in setting the forInitialKeyboardIndicators option in the Windows registy.    I'm looking for an option  similar to was is shown here.  http://support.hp.com/doc-images/512/c02683746.jpg  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-Num-lock/td-p/5738846
Relevancy 45.15%

I need to upgrade from a Z220 to a Z240 using the same drives and o/s and software.  Will those drives run on the 240 without crashing?  If not, what drivers would I have to supply to use a program like Acronis Snap Deploy (set to restore to different hardware)?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z240-z220/td-p/5590254
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, i just bought an hp z240 workstation (tower format).I'm trying to configure a transcend m.2 30GB drive. After installing it on the dedicate m.2 slot on the motherboard i can't see it in the bios and even in windows 7.the first drive is connected on sata0 (original 1tb hdd with win 7 installed on it)On bios settings the m.2 slot is enabled. any suggestion? Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/m-2-ssd-on-hp-z240-tower/td-p/5639374
Relevancy 45.15%

Dear Support Team,I want to procure HP Z240 workstation for  one of my project. The online datasheet shows that it comes up with only Windows 7 or Windows 10. But my system requirement is with Windows 8.1. Can HP Z240 haedware allows me to use it with Windows 8.1, if I purchase windows seperatley.RegardsWaqas Khalid

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Windows-8-1-for-HP-Z240/td-p/5767910
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,I would like to know the MTBF of Z240 workstations.In one site I found MTBF as 2 million hours with SSD. Is it correct?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/MTBF-z240/td-p/5744704
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to setup my new HP Z240 workstation, but cannot get the graphics card to operate at any resolution above 1024 X 768. The graphics card is an NVIDIA QUADRO K620. It is connected to the monitor with a DVI-D Dual link cable. The monitor is an HP w2408. The monitor has two inputs (DVI and VGA). I have the VGA input connected to another HP computer with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 card (this computer/card/monitor displays at 1920 x1200). When I checked the adapter modes (using the list modes option), the best mode listed is 1024 x 768. The NVIDIA spec sheet lists the max resolution with DVI-I as 2560 x 1600 or 1920 x 1200. What can I do to get the max resolution from my monitor (1920 x 1200)?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Graphics resolution on Z240

Update.  Problem solved. When I realized that the monitor in DVI mode was not being recognized as PNP, it pointed to the monitor as the problem. Installed new monitor, everythng works as it should. Evidently the VGA input to the old monitor functioned properly while the DVI portion was defective (card or cable connection). Dave6666

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-resolution-on-Z240/td-p/5601923
Relevancy 44.72%
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I have some problem to open a ticket in warranty for an HP Z240. I'm registered on HP Support and also HP Enterprise Support, but when I try to open a ticket after the serial number check the site platform give me an error: this is not the right site for this serial number. I get this error on HP Support and also HP Enterprise support. What is the procedure to open a warranty ticket for this workstation?????If I call the telephone support number is always busy......it is crazy  Thanks,Alessandro

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Warranty-HP-workstation-Z240/td-p/5840120
Relevancy 44.72%

Have a new Z240 Workstation with a Samsung 950 Pro 256GB M.2 nVMe SSD.Windows 10 will install to the SSD from USB no problem but the machine fails to find the OS post install.The Samsung 950 Pro SSD does not show up in the UEFI section of the BIOS, but it does show up under Legacy devices.Secure Boot is not enabled. If I add a SATA HDD,  Windows Boot Manager gets installed on the SATA device and the machine will then boot Windows 10 from SSD. How do I get the machine to boot from SSD without having to have a SATA HDD installed? I've updated the BIOS from 01.11 to 01.21 with no change in the above.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-wont-boot-from-M-2/td-p/5587319
Relevancy 44.72%

nbsp HP Z Tower WorkstationProduct number L T AVTo update the Firmware I was provided this link by customer support http h www hp com hpsc swd public detail sp ts oid amp swItemId wk amp swEnvOid Using the link I was able Updating Firmware for Z240 to download and run sp exe nbsp Then Updating Firmware for Z240 a set of instructions appear as follows nbsp Another FWUpdLcl exe utility in the ME Flash Local-Win directory is designed to update the ME firmware within a -bit or -bit Windows environment from the Run box or a command prompt The ME can be updated by executing the following command FWUpdLcl exe -f BIN -generic Alternatively when running a -bit Windows environment use the command FWUpdLcl exe -f BIN nbsp nbsp -generic The ME Flash folder contains the binary update image to be used with the utility nbsp The update binary image and the Local-Win folder contents can be copied to any storage volume available within the Windows operating system nbsp nbsp Since I am using -bit Windows I assume I need to run the command nbsp FWUpdLcl exe -f BIN nbsp nbsp -generic nbsp My question is how do I complete this command i e how do I tell it which folder to look in to find the files nbsp Much thanks for any guidance nbsp nbsp

A:Updating Firmware for Z240

When you run HP service packs, they will expand and place their contents under an own directory within C:\swsetup.Specifically in your case, if you run sp74202.exe, you should see a new directory C:\swsetup\SP74202 has been created with the contents of the service pack within. Alternatively you can use 7-zip to peek inside the service pack exe without running it since the exe is a self extracting zip file that runs the installer once decompressed  In any case, a newer ME update exists here but i'd first apply the latest system firmware update available here. When looking at the HP service pack links above, it's good practice to selectively click each "Description", "Enhancements", "Installation Instructions" "Release Notes" "Fixes" and "Revision History" tabs and read the information (some of it is repetative but you'll soon learn where to focus your attension). The contents of these tabs contain important and relevant information on what has been improved, fixed, which system it's for, how to install the update, etc. And if a previously installed SP is not listed in the "revision history" tab, that release may have been pulled by HP due to some fauly behaviour or other issue! Pay particular attension to the prerequisits as in some instances firmware updates have to be stepped (that is you can't always simply apply the latest). And if you read such boaring stuff, the system firmware (BIOS) Installation Instructions tab would have given you a clue where the sp files are expanded to  Have you tried simply enter the command (as specified) via a command prompt window but changing directories to where the FWUpdLcl.exe file is located? Just keep in mind that sp74202 is the initial ME firmware release so nothing sould update  So best to apply the latest system firmware (BIOS), then the ME firmware, then maybe the latest ME software (under chipset drivers). Best to bookmark this page which lists all the downloads for your z240 Windows 10 64bit tower system so check it out periodically.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Updating-Firmware-for-Z240/td-p/5575077
Relevancy 44.72%

HP sent a 16gb 2Rx4 PC$-2133P-Ra0-10 seperately with the new PC (HP Z240 SZh3). It came with 8gb RAM. I replaced the 8gb RAM with 16gb RAM but it wont boot. Blinking RED power light which turns to white blinking light. HELP!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-cannot-boot-with-16gb-RAM/td-p/5621704
Relevancy 44.72%

HP sent a 16gb 2Rx4 PC$-2133P-Ra0-10 seperately with the new PC (HP Z240 SZh3). It came with 8gb RAM. I replaced the 8gb RAM with 16gb RAM but it wont boot. Blinking RED power light which turns to white blinking light. HELP!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Z240-cannot-boot-with-16gb-RAM/td-p/5621704
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I'm wanting to install 2 x 3.5" HDDs in my new Z240 SFF Workstation. There is a bay that already came with an insert and one of the new drives slots into that just fine. However it looks like some sort of insert/caddy is needed for the "External/internal shared 3.5" bay", as it is too big for the drive itselt to slot in. It looks like this bay is sized for some sort of optical disk. I've called HP and their spare parts people here in Australia, but no one can find the part needed. Can some one please help? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-SFF-caddy-insert-for-3-5-quot-HDD-in/td-p/5778715
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a z with a i - CPU on my desk that refuses to recognize the attached monitor properly nbsp In the Xorg log file there is no mention of EDID data nbsp The result is that the HD display connected is set to x rather than x nbsp I'm running Debian and have updated the system BIOS to the latest N EDID Linux and z240, Ver nbsp I've also built the latest driver available from Intel for linux nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp z240, Linux and EDID nbsp nbsp LoadModule intel nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Loading usr lib xorg modules drivers intel drv so nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Module intel vendor X Org Foundation nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp compiled for module version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Module class X Org Video Driver nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ABI class X Org Video Driver version nbsp Using an old PCIe x video card I have let me connect all of the ports on the monitors HDMI DVI and VGA and Debian correctly set the resolution each time and Xorg log showed all of the expected EDID data nbsp A different z system here is working fine using the onboard video nbsp Since I need to have up to RAID adapters in the system at once I can't just add a different video card nbsp I have not tried Windows to see if it works there though I am going to try to do that on Friday nbsp Is there a video BIOS update that might fix this problem nbsp or is the hardware broken nbsp thanksedc

A:z240, Linux and EDID

I would guess you would have better driver support through windows vs linux for drivers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/z240-Linux-and-EDID/td-p/5697112
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, I am working on installing windows 7 enterprise 64, on a z240 SFF. I am missing the USB drivers for it. I have the driver disk that came with it and I have installed every driver that is on there, along with going to HP support software and drivers web link and downloading everyone from there. There has not been one driver that has solved this problem, so I was looking for some sort of help on finidning one.l I tried a few other drivers for different model of towers but no luck. please help

A:z240 sff USB driver missing

Hi: Please post the hardware ID for the USB controller that needs the driver. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the device needing the driver. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the device window. Now you will see a Property drop down list, and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list, and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/z240-sff-USB-driver-missing/td-p/5746056
Relevancy 44.72%

My system came with a Nvidia PCIe card. I would like to remove this card and use the integrated graphics. Whenever I remove the PCIe the system will just beep, and the integrated wouldn't work. I went in the bios but cannot find anything to enable the integrated. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Z240-Integrted-graphics/td-p/5628346
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings nbsp We've purchased Dells for years but recently started (Graphics) 3.3 Beep Z240 SFF Code giving HP a look The first unit I received just stopped working during deployment testing and gives me long beeps red LED with short beeps white LED According to the manual this translates to The embedded controller has timed out waiting for BIOS to return from nbsp graphics initialization I couldn't Z240 SFF Beep Code 3.3 (Graphics) find any specific troubleshooting steps for this error so I did the following based on the testing I was doing nbsp - Cleared CMOSThe system wouldn't boot after applying BIOS settings using the HP BIOS Configuration Utility so maybe something went wrong there That said I applied settings with this tool multiple times before on the same system without issue nbsp but thought it was worth a start Here's my config file nbsp BIOSConfig Legacy Boot Options Disable Enable Legacy Boot Order HDD USB CDROM SATA HDD SATA NETWORK EMBEDDED UEFI Boot Options Disable Enable Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Enable Legacy Support Disable and Secure Boot Disable- Swapped video cards Nvidia Quado K with a known good card We bought two units for testing so I had an identical system to swap from - Swapped memory - Reseated all cables nbsp Any ideas on what else I should try before sending it back

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z240-SFF-Beep-Code-3-3-Graphics/td-p/5716527
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello, My company recently purchased some Z240 SFF workstations and put in aftermarket multi-media card readers in the 3.5" slot. The card reader uses the internal USB 3.0 header, so I had to unplug the USB 3.0 cable for the for the front usb ports in order to get it to work. The media card reader works just fine in Windows, however, I get a POST error message on startup: "Cable detection Error 41A- Front USB2 Not Connected. Front USB cable has been detached or unseatted from the motherboard. Press Enter to continue." Is there anyway to disable POST messages? I can't seem to find anything in the UEFI/BIOS to do this.

A:Z240 POST Message disable?

One of the HP engineers who has been very helpful to us here has recently posted on a related question, and he has access to the schematics and the internal design details of these workstations.  His post is on this thread,  HERE : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z420-USB3-0-Head... Dan tells how to jumper the header to make it believe the cable is still connected, and it would not matter whether you jumpered at the motherboard end or the far plug end, as long as you got the correct pins/plug holes jumpered. Note his caution.... that seems to suggest that the pins on the motherboard are not as stout as the ones we are used to seeing.  A proper sized insulated wire jumper with a short segment of wire exposed at each end can be used as a jumper at the far plug end of a cable, rather than the little plastic jumpers we use at the motherboard pin end of thins.  If you carefully figure out the wire colors this should work. The wiring of such headers/cables within a HP workstation family are usually the same, and things can stay the same from one generation to another, in my experience.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-POST-Message-disable/td-p/5761989
Relevancy 43.86%

Does anyone have the Silicon Images Serial ATA PCI Card? I just bought mine from NewEgg and my system will not stop trying to boot from the SATA drive. I want to boot to my IDE drive and use the SATA drive as a secondary drive. I have checked the BIOS and nothing shows for the SATA card. HELP!

Thanks!

Relevancy 43.86%

im curently running windows xp with 4 gigs ram and all sata on mobo.
i have a promise ultra100 pci ide card that i have installed and hooked up a 160 gig ide hd to, the 160 drive was orginally in an external case but i think (correct me if im wrong plz) wil run faster internal then through the usb.
i hook all up and when i boot it reads the card .. find the hd hooked to the card and then goes blank. my os is on the sata and i want to use the 160 as storage only.

i unhook the hd from the card and all works perfect and i know hd is good casue works 100% find through external case

thanks in advance

A:Sata with a PCI IDE card

As quoted by TonyH in the CNET Forum this should help you out in your installation. BTW, if the hdd isn't a Western Digital go here http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/sup...on_assistance/ for Seagate and Maxtor

I have XP booting from my SATA controller
by TONI H - 12/5/05 4:46 PM
In reply to: IDE Cable... by cgarrity

You have options....the first of which is to see if the one drive you are having difficulty getting seen is the Western Digital...because if it is, then it takes NO jumper to be seen as a 'stand alone' on the cable by itself with NO slave...otherwise it would be jumpered as either Master or CS.

Now...first go to Device Mgr and make sure that the PCI IDE card is being seen properly there. If you used the installation disk that came with it, it should be fine.

Hook the end of the cable closest to the center connector to the back of the drive itself and the 'motherboard' end into the PRIMARY IDE1 or PRIMARY IDE0 port (they are numbered IDE1 and Secondary IDE2 or IDE0 and Secondary IDE1) on the PCI IDE card.

Boot up the computer and see if the drive is seen. If it's not, then disconnect the motherboard end of your cdrom devices and hook the spare harddrive up to the motherboard with the cable you still have hooked to the drive. Since you are trying to get data off the drive and not installing programs, you won't need the cdrom devices for a little bit so eliminate them from the picture for now. Make sure that the harddrive has a MOLEX power connector attached to it (not trying to insult you, but I did this myself and lost about an hour pulling my hair out because I didn't have it seated tightly enough and bumped it right out without realizing it just recently).

Reboot again...the drive should be seen now in Windows Explorer.

TONI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sata-with-a-pci-ide-card-290251.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a HP P6310y and both my SATA drives, more often than not, are not recognized. I have removed the DVD and hard drive and tested in another machine and they work fine. Someone told me the mother board might be the problem. Everything else seems to work fine and when both drives are recognized, the computer is fine too. My question is.....Can i install a SATA PCI card and plug my hard drive and dvd drive into it and disable the onboard SATA? Would I be able to then Install my HP recovery disks and reload everything on my hard drive which would also be plugged into the SATA PCI card? I am not familiar with this and just was not sure if my hard drive with windows 7 plugged into SATA PCI would be able to boot or does the machine give you the option in bios to point the boot towards the PCI card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sata-pci-card-642801.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello everyone...

I am having problems with my SATA card...

I have a VIA SATA card and would like to install it in my computer. However, everytime i plug it into my motherboad, My computer won't start... It won't even turn on.

I thought it was my PSU not giving enough power to my computer, but now i don't think that's it. Could it be that my computer is too old??? My computer is 5 years old.

Thanks in advance, please help I really want to get this SATA card up and running.

If you need any more info I would be happy to give it to you.

A:SATA card help

Well, you need to tell us detailed information about your hardwares and psu too..

so if you can give us, we will be gladly to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-card-help.103997/
Relevancy 43.86%

I bought a SATA card in advance of buying a SSD. I wanted to make sure the card and the port worked OK. I figured a $20 loss would be preferable to buying a SSD and finding out the port wouldn't work. == Anyway, I put the card in and hooked my present OS HD drive to it. Things worked OK. I did notice one thing that I found very unusual. When booting an additional screen shows up saying something like "PCI card found and is using so and so HD". Since we have an extra screen here it seems to me this would slow down the booting of the SSD. Do any of you have this extra screen also?

A:SATA 3 PCI Card

Hello Jim,

Yeah, this is normal for RAID and SSD/HDD controller type cards to have a boot screen for them to be able to set settings and/or format/setup the drives with.

The PCI-E SSD card I have has one for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219824-sata-3-pci-card.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My original motherboard was replaced with a MSI X58 Pro-E. This motherboard does not support SATA-3 as are my hard drives.

Is there a SATA-3 card that would work in one of the below slots at the SATA-3 6GB/sec?

Slots
? 3 PCI Express gen2 x16 slots
- two dark Blue PCIE x16 slots (PCI_E2 &PCI_E4) support up to PCIE x16 speed, one Blue PCIE x16 slot(PCI_ E5) supports up to PCIE x4 speed
- supports ATI? Crossfire?
? 2 PCI Express gen1 x1 slots
? 2 PCI slot, support 3.3V/ 5V PCI bus Interface
Would like to get back to being able to get the SATA-3 speed and is there any cards that you may recommend?

A:Need SATA-3 Card

What type of Hard Drive setup do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/282880-need-sata-3-card.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was given a new dvd burner for Christmas, I went to fit it and found that it is a sata connection.
I have A sata connection on my motherboard (Asus CUSL2-C) but as this is quite an old board it will only connect hard drives.
Can anyone recomend a sata card that will connect my new dvd burner

Relevancy 43.86%

I recently bought two serial ata drives for a A7n8x deluxe.I have tried every suggestion from net but cannot run as a single HD.Can someone please tell me if i buy a serial ata card if windows Xp pro will be able to read the drives .Does the card have a protocol to assist in xp recognizing the drives. I would appreciate it if someone can point me to a good card if this is the solution for this problem.
Thank You
Donald Glo ver

A:Sata card

Many people are reporting running multiple drives in non raid on that board.

http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&q=A7n8x+deluxe+non+raid
What problems are you having?

What brand of drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-card.659132/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I had a look inside and the Z Turbo drive appears to be connected to the motherboard (location 23 on the motherboard map in the manual) and not using a SATA port or any of the four main PCIe3 slots. Only one of the PCIe3 slots is being used and that is for the NVIDIA graphics card, and only one of the SATA ports is being used and that is for the Slim BluRay drive (connected to SATA3). That means there are 3 x SATA ports available, and 2 x 3.5" and 1 x 2.5" bays available, by the looks of it. My question is, is it possible to put 3 x HDD/SSD drives in it, i.e. 2 x 3.5" and 1 x 2.5"?

A:Adding drives to HP Z240 SFF with a Z Turbo drive

@jeffparker? Yes I believe you can add them. Check the quickspecs below:http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04762288.pdf The following are supported.500GB SATA 7200 rpm 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD LQ036AA1TB SATA 7200 rpm 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD - LQ037AA2TB SATA 7200 rpm 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD - QB576AA3TB SATA 7200 rpm 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD - QF298AA500GB SATA 7.2K SED SFF HDD1TB SATA 7200 rpm 8GB 3.5" SSHD (hybrid) - M7S54AA And the following SSD'sA3D25AA 128 Gb sata 3A3D26AA 256 GB sata3D8F30AA 512Gb Sata3F3C96AA 1Tb Sata3G7U67AA 256 Gb Sata3 SED OPALT3U07AA 240 Gb Ent class 2T3U08AA 480 Gb Ent class 2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Adding-drives-to-HP-Z240-SFF-with-a-Z-Turbo-drive/td-p/5710925
Relevancy 43.86%
Relevancy 43.86%

I am trying to install Windows 7 on a HP Z240 SFF workstation but when I boot from the Windows 7 USB media, it does not show the HDD even though it is connected.  it would be great if someone could help me out with this issue. Thanks in advance.

A:Unable to Install windows 7 on HP Z240 SFF Workstation

Hello matt_william,  If you are using a retail version of Windows 7 Operating System. You may have to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver while installing the OS. On the HDD partition windows, you will get LOAD DRIVER option, you have to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver.   Please find below link to download Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=8323799&swItemId=wk_156996_1&swEnvOid=405... NOTE: THIS ACTIVITY NEED TO BE PERFORMED ON ANOTHER UNIT.   TO USE THE INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY DRIVER DURING A NEW OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLATION: 1. Download the file by clicking the "Download" or "Obtain Software" button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved). 2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions. 3. Navigate to C:\SWSETUP\SP73487 and unzip "f6flpy-x64.zip" to a USB key for a 64-bit installation. 4. Use the newly created driver installation media during operating system setup to install the drivers.  Once you copy the driver on another USB media, connect it with unit on which you are trying to install OS.  Click on Load Driver and navigate to USB and install the driver. Once the installation is complete, You will be able to access HDD and will be able to install OS.  I hope that answers your question.  I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP. Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem. ***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to acknowledge the post ***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-Install-windows-7-on-HP-Z240-SFF-Workstation/td-p/5648294
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello  Does anyone know how to enable legacy support on Z240 Workstation? Under "secure boot configuration" in BIOS I choose "Legacy Support enable and Secure boot disable" but I save and reboot, it reverses back to "Legacy Support disable and Secure Boot Enable" Any suggestion please? Many thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-enable-Legacy-Support-on-Z240-Workstation/td-p/5678692
Relevancy 43.86%

Brand New HP Z240 Tower Workstation with HP Solid State Drive will not BOOTHP diagnosticsHard Drive SMART Check: WARNING (1: NOT AVAILABLE)Hard Drive Short DST Check: NOT AVAILABLE (1: NOT AVAILABLE)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/No-Boot-Device-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation/td-p/5592736
Relevancy 43.86%

I just got a HP Z240 Tower with a 400W power supply, 32 GB of RAM and 512 GB M.2 SSD.  Is the GeForce GTX 970 Graphics card compatible?  My PCIe v3 x16 slot is available.

A:HP Z240 Tower Compatible with GeForce GTX970

Greetings, The 400 power supply could be an issue. A stock GTX 970 lists a recommended 500 watt power supply. You have to verify the 10.1 inch to 10.5 inch card will fit in your chassis. You should have the required UEFI BIOS if the system is brand new and you have a PCIe x16 3.0 slot available on the system board. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z240-Tower-Compatible-with-GeForce-GTX970/td-p/5676932
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear all, I am going to buy a HP Z240 tower workstation. Do anyone know that the decibel of this computer? Is it louder? Do you know which HP workstation works quietly? Many thanks! Celia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Does-HP-Z240-Tower-Workstation-work-noisily/td-p/5854515
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. I am trying to run the intel onboard graphics and an nvidia quaddro on the same machine simultaneously. HP says it is possible to do so but I cannot find the option in the BIOS to enable the onboard graphics as a primary driver. Right now, the onboard graphics cards becomes automatically disabled as soon as I plug the Nvidia in.  Thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z240-Running-multiple-graphics-cards/td-p/5854467
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello  Does anyone know how to enable legacy support on Z240 Workstation? Under "secure boot configuration" in BIOS I choose "Legacy Support enable and Secure boot disable" but I save and reboot, it reverses back to "Legacy Support disable and Secure Boot Enable" Any suggestion please? Many thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-to-enable-Legacy-Support-on-Z240-Workstation/td-p/5678692
Relevancy 43.43%

picked up a sata host card a while back just now needing to use it looking to us a ssd for a boot drive and move another drive from the board to the card. With the card in the pci slot everything works normal when I connect a hdd to it it causes the entire system to become very slow (can't even get it to open the start menu slow)???
Card is sil3512 and the drive was just going to be used for storage nothing on it works fine connected to the motherboard.
Thanks
Paul

A:SATA host card

Dose anyone think I may have a bad card?? I have looked all over the net to see if I missed a setup/ installation step and I have found nothing..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/125870-sata-host-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Have an issue with my Syba SD-VIA-1A2S sata controller card that occassionally cause bsod. Updating the driver reduced the frequency but did not eliminate the issue. I would like to replace the card but after extensive research, I have not found a pci sata controller card that I feel confident that would function with windows 7. Can find plenty of pci-x or express that are for windows 7 but pci appears to be fairly rare.

A:Pci Sata Control Card

Canadian site but may help you. At least the reviews should be helpful.There are some
PCI cards there with Win 7 support.
Canada Serial ATA Controllers, SATA Controller, SATA RAID Controllers at TigerDirect.ca

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/118382-pci-sata-control-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am using a PCI interface SWEEX FD000050 card with the SIL3112ACT144 chipset.
This card is discontinued.
Need working SWEEX FD000050 cards against cash.
Please advise of other SATA controller cards with this chipset.

Thanks,
MA

A:SATA Controller Card

Instead of doing that, just get a mainstream card like a promise or highpoint card. You can install the card and driver; once installed you can move your existing install to the promise/highpoint card. No need for a reinstall.

At least you will always be able to get one of these cards. I have been using both promise and highpoint cards in builds for years without ever seeing one fail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-controller-card.688054/
Relevancy 43.43%

I had a question about these controller cards. I wish to purchase one of the newest burners and it is only available with a SATA interface now currently until I can afford a better one my computer doesn't have SATA on it.

Is it possible to use one of these cards to attach the burner to it or is it only for hard drives?

This may seem like an odd question but I ahve been out of the loop on the computing world for a bit.

Thanks in advance for any help

A:SATA Controller Card

SATA is SATA... no difference between hard drives or optical drives, or any other SATA devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-controller-card.118940/
Relevancy 43.43%

installed the sata pci epansion card but did not get the pop up to say installing new hard ware looked in the device manager and only new thing there is in the storage controller section and that is a via raid controller 3249 the card im trying to get working is the via vt6421a chipset i have had this same card working before but not this time any ideas to get windows to detect this card i have tryed evertthing i could think of before i ask for help thanks for any help i get i have two new cards and nieither one gets found

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sata-pci-expansion-card-358419.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I want to install a SATA drive and Card
Do I Install the Card and reboot the pc? or can I install both the card and Drive then boot the system to the Drive, I'm leaving XP Home on one of my other drives till i get the O/S set up on the SATA. Thanks

ABS Awesome 3300
AMD Barton 2600
1280 mgs Ram
XP Home sp-1
W.D. 200g HD
W.D. 80g HD
- Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce2 Ultra400 Dual Channel DDR
- Albatron GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR DVI/TV-out
- Leadtek "EXPERT" PCI TV/FM Tuner Card with Remote
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 24-bit Plat.Pro. &
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Surround Speaker Set

A:SATA Card Install

Just install the card and the drive. then reboot. Your system will refer to the card as a SCSI drive, so don't be suprised.

If youn plan on installing XP on the SATA drive:
Once you have the new drive in and checked out, disconnect the old drive and do a clean install of XP on the SATA drive. Once XP is up you can reconnet the old drive. Then in BIOS tell the system to boot from the "SCSI" drive. This will label the SATA drive as Disk C. If you dont need the space you can leave your old XP on the old drive. Then,by changing the boot order in BIOS, you can boot from the old OS if something happens to your primary system.

If you do a clean install be sure to have a floppy with the drivers. In the beginning of the XP install it will ask you to hit F6 iy you have 3rd party drivers. you will probably need to do this.

Steve L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-card-install.219314/
Relevancy 43.43%

im trying to install the sata pci controller card but i dont get vista pop up for found new hardware when i look in device manager all i see new is via raid controller 3249 anyone got any good ideas on how to fix this i have removed it and reinstalled a few times hoping something woul happen no good thanks for any help

A:via vt6421a sata pci card

Originally Posted by jimbojimjay

im trying to install the sata pci controller card but i dont get vista pop up for found new hardware when i look in device manager all i see new is via raid controller 3249 anyone got any good ideas on how to fix this i have removed it and reinstalled a few times hoping something woul happen no good thanks for any help

I did have the same problem..... I found out that did not plugged it in properly.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/217284-via-vt6421a-sata-pci-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Looking for a Pcie x4 Sata 3 with usb 3.0 card.
I want to add Sata 3 support to add a ssd. Also I want to add usb 3.0 support. I want to stay below $100. Any ideas?

A:Looking for a Pcie x4 Sata 3 with usb 3.0 card

I don't recall seing a card that will do both. You may try looking for 2 cards. I'm pretty sute you can find an X1 USB 3.0, then look for a sata3 card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174490-looking-pcie-x4-sata-3-usb-3-0-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I purchased this add-on card for my older AMD mhz gb ram box This is the computer with Win on the gb Pata IDE hard Drive I wanted to add a TB Sata drive since the MB does not have sata The card has sata connections USB ports amp IDE connection It add-on PCI Sata I/O Controller Card just plugs into an empty PCI slot For some reason Win does not detect the card amp when I try to install the drivers Win says cannot detect any hardware The card has VIA VT A chipsets Description Power by VIA Chip - SATA Sata PCI I/O Controller add-on Card RAID ATA USB Internal Interface x Serial ATA x ATA External Interface X SATA External Interface X Sata PCI I/O Controller add-on Card USB Port Ports SATA supports RAID and PIO mode Support bit hard disk mode gt MB Please check with Microsoft website for enable bit Mode Support IDE bus Ultra DMA at ATA Mbytes sec PCI burst rate Support maximum PCI bus master data transfer rate of MB sec PCI interrupt sharing and coexists with main board IDE controller Plug and Play Brand New Requirement Support Windows SE ME NT and XP Here is the item on eBay PCI in Card X SATA RAID X IDE ATA X USB - eBay item end time Jan- - PST

A:Sata PCI I/O Controller add-on Card

Quote: Originally Posted by McBlzr

I purchased this add-on card for my older AMD 2400mhz 1gb ram box. This is the computer with Win7 on the 500gb Pata IDE hard Drive. I wanted to add a 1TB Sata drive since the MB does not have sata. The card has 2 sata connections, 4 USB ports, & 1 IDE connection. It just plugs into an empty PCI slot. For some reason Win7 does not detect the card & when I try to install the drivers Win7 says cannot detect any hardware. The card has VIA VT6421A chipsets.
Description:

Power by VIA Chip - SATA RAID + ATA133/100 + USB
Internal Interface 1 x Serial ATA 150 + 1 x ATA 133
External Interface 1 X SATA 150
External Interface 4 X USB 2.0 Port
2 Ports SATA supports RAID 1/0 0+1, and PIO mode 4/3/2/1/0
Support 24 bit hard disk mode >147MB (Please check with Microsoft website for enable 24 bit Mode)
Support IDE bus Ultra DMA at ATA 133/100Mbytes/sec PCI burst rate
Support maximum PCI bus master data transfer rate of 266MB/sec.
PCI interrupt sharing and coexists with main board IDE controller
100% Plug and Play
100% Brand New
Requirement Support Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT4.0, 2000 and XP
Here is the item on eBay

PCI 3 in 1 Card 2X SATA RAID + 1X IDE ATA 133 + 4X USB - eBay (item 160309427900 end time Jan-14-09 10:01:13 PST)

This card works with Vista x86 and x64. Usually you do not need to install drivers, although the drivers are on the CD or here :-
http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDow...oad-14255.html
However Vista will not "see" the unformatted hard drive. Maybe this is your problem? Maybe you need to plug in the hard drive?
Norm

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/1772-sata-pci-i-o-controller-add-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

OK folks it s been a long long time since I ve been here so Solved: add-on card SATA I ll start with a big HELLO and thanks for replying I recently bought a Seagate Barracuda GB hdd I thought I had the SATA connector on my mobo but I don t I ll look at my internal set-up Solved: SATA add-on card a little more closely tomorrow I m headed to bed as soon as I post this but I do believe I Solved: SATA add-on card have an extra PCI slot for a SATA add-on card I need some extra eyes over at Newegg it s the only Solved: SATA add-on card place I order from to help me select a cheap as possible add-on card I don t want to make a mistake that ll cost me extra cash so some shopping expertise would be very much appreciated It s an internal hdd I ll use it for storage and eventually move it up to my number one drive when I have a day to transfer everything to the monster so I m not looking for ultra-fast and expensive under would be ideal Thanks to anyone who helps nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Can anyone tell me how to get my PC to boot to a new sata hard drive. My Motherboard is about 2 years old it's an P4VP-MX.The board does not have on board sata input slots. So I have installed an CreativeI/O SATA controller card. I hooked my hard drive to the motherboard as per the card instruction. The Bios does not see the I/O card for me to boot to the new sata hard drive. Will updating the BIOS fix this or what do I need to do? any help will be wonderful.

Thanks, Papajoeelder

A:BIOS will not see my SATA card

Add-in cards should look like SCSI to the system BIOS, so that's what you should set in the boot order.

A booting add-in card should also display its own BIOS messages during POST. If you don't see anything from the Creative card, then maybe that adapter can't boot from hard drives at all?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-will-not-see-my-sata-card.51142/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello out there

just wanted to ask a few things about installing a sata pci card

i was thinking of using sata harddisk and my p4vmm2 is 5 years old i think...

no problems with the ecs board just wanted to improve my drives

so what do i need except for the pci sata card ??

can i boot from the sata drive?

i was thinking of ghosting my ide drives to the sata drive..

any suggestions is very much welcome

thnx!!!

A:SATA controller PCI card

Well, getting a sata controller is not a problem. It will usually have its own BIOS that will load when it is plugged in. Just make sure that if you do have any IDE drives plugged in while using the sata controller, turn them off as direct boot devices in the regular bios. This way the sata pci card will pick the new drives. Also make sure that when you install windows to the sata drive, have a floppy disk with the SATA controller drivers on it, and tell windows setup that you want to install additional drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-controller-pci-card.118540/
Relevancy 43.43%

I Have just installed a sata III pci-e card on my Gigabyte p35ds3l motherboard, which only supports SATAII. I had been running an Intel SSD as my C:\ system drive with Windows 7. I booted into windows and installed the drivers for this card: Asmedia 1061.

Now when I plug in a normal sata drive to the card it shows up in windows, no problem. However it refuses to boot from the SSD drive, which is my "C" drive, when plugged in to the sata III card. In fact, when plugged in to the sata3 card, it is not recognised on the start-up screens or in the BIOS. I went into the bios and changed boot order to add on cards, but this did not change the situation. Can anyone offer advice? Using AHCI.

thanks

Relevancy 43.43%

I bought this SATA controller card to connect my two SATA DVD burners. Problem is that when I put a bootable CD into either of the drives, the system bypasses the bootable CD.

Did I buy the wrong card? Or, is there something else I'm doing wrong?

If I bought the wrong card, what specification/feature should I look for in the next card?

A:SATA card won't allow boot from CD

This is the type card you would want. I am sure it is not the only bootable Sata Controller out there, but it is one that I have used and it has worked, at least on an XP system. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816102062

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-card-wont-allow-boot-from-cd.786516/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all
Please assist where possible. I am new to the forum and I don't have as much experience as others here so please be patient.

I have added a PCI caed to my Asrock motherboard so that I can use my ESATA external HDD. The problem is that it is not always picked up, freezes my PC, or make it extremely slow and when it picks it up it changes the names of my other HDD's. I am only talking about the PCI card now.

Even if it is seen by W7, I can still not see my external???

Please assist.

A:E-SATA PCI card issues

Welcome to the Se7enforums! Daran

When first installing the eSata controller card did that come with a software/driver cd? With any or most addon devices a device driver of some type will often be needed in order it to work unless Windows has it's own generic version or limited number of original drivers included.

The problems you are seeing there suggest that you already did install drivers that may either be hanging up on you or were the wrong ones for that particular card. Usually a few system restarts will eventually see new drivers fully install and be configured by Windows when they are good and the correct ones.

A bad install or the incorrect drivers on the other hand can cause a list of problems until they are removed or the correct ones see a good install on the next attempt once removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25194-e-sata-pci-card-issues.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have this MoBo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E and I m in need Card..?? PCI-E Info Need 2 on SATA some a of some more SATA ports for some more HDD s in my PC since i already have all of the MoBo s ones in use so im thinking of getting this PCI-E card to do give me some more ports http www newegg com Product Need some Info on a SATA 2 PCI-E Card..?? Product aspx Item N E But i was wondering about a few things that im not sure on before i go ahead an buy it will this card essentially give me extra sata ports internal amp external eSATA ports or Do I have to connect of my MoBo s SATA ports to this cards internal SATA ports to only get to use the external eSATA ports or can i use all ports at the same time occupied each with a GB HDD internal amp in e-SATA cases like this http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Need some Info on a SATA 2 PCI-E Card..??

I have that drive and would say it can be installed any way u want. It comes with an adapter that will fit in a pci slot and then plug to the SATA slot in the computer or it can be just plugged into a USB2 slot and used as an external hard drive, now I am not saying u can use more ports than the MB has as I have not found a way to do this other than using a USB2 port and just setting an external hard drive. which for backing up is what I wanted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-info-on-a-sata-2-pci-e-card.85194/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok I gave up on my other pci sata card as I found out is more generic than that word itself Here we go I bought a new card To SATA XP card pci with installation make it quick and to the point the installation instructions say to connect the HDD LED connector from the computer case to the -pin header on the Serial ATA host controller card but beware of the polarity of the LED Do I need to do that for this thing to work My pc is an older Dell Dimension This this is anything but what it was when I bought it If I do need to hook them little wires where SATA pci card installation with XP on earth would I find where to hook them up in my computer A little info on the card Model SD-SATA- E is has the Silcon Image SIL Serial ATA SATA host controller chip set I think the card is made by SYBA I know where the pins are on the card if that offers anything Also why would I need an LED connector attached to this thing

A:SATA pci card installation with XP

Do I need to do that for this thing to work?No. It won't matter if an indicator LED isn't connected. It just gives a visual indication of drive activity.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329857/sata-pci-card-installation-with-xp/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi these are my specs Compaq Presario SR UK http h www hp Installing card? SATA a com Installing a SATA card? ewfrf wc document docname c amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc uk amp product amp en Some Motherboard details http h www hp com ewfrf wc document docname c amp lc en amp dlc en amp cc uk amp product amp en Okay so basically i need access to a SATA port I dont know if i have the correct type installed in my pc so im thinking of buying one http cgi ebay co uk SATA-PCI-VT -For-HITACHI-SAMSUNG-BENQ-Hard-Xbox- W QQitemZ QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK Computing ComputerComponents InterfaceCards hash item cee b amp trksid p c m amp trkparms A A A A A A A A Ive been reading around but im still rather clueless Does my motherboard have to support this SATA card Do I already have this SATA card Will I just have to buy the one shown in the above link and just install it into the computer Im quite a noob with hardware so bear with me Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello My machine has both older and newer hardware running win with plenty of ram and processor power What I want to do is add a large gig SATA- hard drive to the mix using a controller card I will want to put winXP on this SATA card II controller drive and use it as a mutlimedia storage drive--mainly storing music files in wave file format I m new to SATA and I understand that SATA II controller card now there is SATA II which if I understand correctly provides an even greater data transfer rate My question is this Will a SATA II controller card accept a SATA hard drive or are we talking about incompatible interfaces I might guess that this would work but would like to know for sure You might be wondering why I wouldn t just get a SATA controller card Well given that computer technology is always being improved upon with new standards on the horizon I just wouldn t want a gig SATA drive to become obsolete too quickly Comparabley-sized SATA II drives are a little pricey so I won t be going there right now At least I d have the appropriate controller card when SATA II becomes the norm Any input about SATA compatibility and any other info on this that you can give me would really be appreciated Thanks Tim nbsp

A:SATA II controller card

SATA150 and SATA300 devices are interchangeable no problem.

Mind you, there is virtually no speed difference between SATA150 and SATA300. The interface speed is meaningless, it is the hard drive itself that dictates the data rates. Plus, there are no desktop drives that can do sustained transfers over 100MB/s, so it will be many years before SATA150 actually becomes a bottleneck (perhaps when we get hybrid hard drives with huge solid state caches).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-ii-controller-card.40204/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys, first timer on here. Normally I can figure this stuff out on my own but am too busy and a little stumped. I built my own pc a few years back. Specs: Asus P5Ne Intel Duo Core2 3.0 and 4gb OCZ Platinum RAM with an Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS OC PCIe. Now, I have 4 hdds, 2 which are IDE and the other two are SATA along with my DVD/CD-Rom. I recently upgraded my video card to a Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB PCIe and when I booted up my system none of my hard drives other than the IDE's showed up. I checked my wiring to ensure that all cables were correctly plugged in, and they were. My next thought was my PSU? After going over a few "calculator" websites to determine how much wattage I required, 3 separate sites stated between 413w-430w. My PSU is 650w....so I'm lost. Any help guys/girls?

A:New video card -- no SATA

Take the GTX660 back out/put the 7900 back in and see if the drives show back up again. If they do you either have a motherboard BIOS issue or a videocard BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-no-sata.189015/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have done extensive searching & found very limited info on this subject.

One of my PC's has an ASUS A7V8X-X mobo & all IDE channels are at full capacity. I'm considering getting a SATA PCI card so I can add a SATA drive to this board.

I would like to hear from anyone that is using a SATA card in a PCI slot in their mobo & if you had any problems. Info from anyone that has an A7V8X-X with this setup would be great!

A:SATA PCI card recommendations

I recently purchased a SATA contoller card based off an Initio chip from Ebay for $13.00 and it had conflicts with my old SIS 735 chipset based motherboard and has zero support from the chip manufacturer. Eventually I went with a Vantec UGT-ST200 SATA PCI host card from Tiger Direct for $20.00. It's built on a Silicon Image 3512A chip and has so far worked flawlessly. If you are so inclined you can update the cards BIOS with the most recent BIOS from Silicon Image. I saw both Basic and RAID BIOSs for the chip on the SiI site leaving me to believe that you can have an extra RAID array if you want to experiment with a different BIOS. The card allows you to hot swap a drive, and it can see all the space on a drive larger than 137GB. It can also be used as the controller for your computer's primary boot drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-pci-card-recommendations.99856/
Relevancy 43.43%

In our SBS we have a SATA controller card to manage 6 hard drives. The 2 SATA connectors on the motherboard are open. I recently bought a external drive dock that came with an internal/external connection to be plugged into the motherboard. When doing this and connecting the dock to the computer it would not recognize it. With the drivers not being an issue, is it possible that the motherboard SATA connections are void after adding in the controller card? I haven't been able to restart to check if they are disabled in BIOS, but wouldn't think they would have been.

A:SATA controller card

1. what make and model of Sata controller is it? What model Server is it?

2. Most Sata controllers are not hot pluggable, you must shut down the server, turn on the external drive then start the server, a pain I know, but most consumer Sata controller cards do not support hot plug or hot swap.

3, Consult the user manual for the card.

4. There will be a bios utility during post for the Sata card, this is what you will use to configure an additional drive.

5. It will be a layered bios, in other words there may be more than one bios that posts, the motherboard bios will post first, then any add in cards that have a bios will post, depending on what slot the card is in the order of the add in card post sequence, each bios post will should show you what keystrokes to use to enter them.

5. If you are not experienced with this advanced hardware, I suggest you get a consult before doing anything, you could destroy the raid array experimenting with settings and lose all your data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-controller-card.775641/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hiya I have a sata 1 motherboard on a windows 7 system Im trying to fit a pci e sata II card the question is do I need to install drivers first.ive gave it a try and the pc wont boot when i connect a ssd boot drive to the card, I thought it would just plug and play
regards..............

A:pcie sata II card

Before connecting a drive to the card, install the drivers from the disc or the manufacturer's website. If you just installed the card and then hooked up a drive to the card, more than likely, Windows will not be able to see the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116406-pcie-sata-ii-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Since my current computers are older and do not have any Sata ports on them I was looking to get a good cheap (and perferably non-raid) controller card, PCI only.

So I was wondering if any of you out there had an suggestions for some. Money is somewhat of a factor as well...

Any help is always greatly appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-controller-card.121243/
Relevancy 43.43%

My external hard drives are SATA III, but they connect via a SATA II controller card, to my SATA II motherboard. I'm wondering if the hard drives would perform much better if they were connected via a SATA III controller card to the same SATA II motherboard? A card such as this one"

http://www.cwol.com/serial-ata/esata...es3pcie212.htm

A:SATA III Controller Card

I have an ASUS U3S6 that my C300 ran off (past tense because flashing the BIOS made it un-bootable) Read speeds were def higher on the card but I gotta say, overall, I can't tell any difference now I'm running it off a SATA 2 port.
EDIT: I posted some benches here (SATA 2) Show us your SSD performance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140230-sata-iii-controller-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I just got a W.D. Raptor 10.000 rpm sata drive to install my O/S on, and then found out I didn't have a sata plug on my board so i sent for a SATA card and wire, Is there a way to set up my PC to boot from the Raptor Drive? I have Awards bio's The board does support SATA drives.

ABS Awesome 3300
AMD Barton 2600
1280 mgs Ram
XP Home sp-1
- Gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce2 Ultra400 Dual Channel DDR
- Albatron GeForce FX 5200 128MB DDR DVI/TV-out
- Leadtek "EXPERT" PCI TV/FM Tuner Card with Remote
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 24-bit Plat.Pro. &
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Surround Speaker Set

Thank You

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there techspot people. I have a question in regards a sata raid controller card. Currently am searching for a decent card to allow me to build a RAID 5 array, with atleast 3 disks, expandable on the next few months to more than 4-5. I've noticed that adaptec has a reasonable choice for a sata raid controller with 6 ports, however i would like to know what the experts thing about these cards and this manufacturer. Also is there any alternative to this card? I have no pci-x slot on my mobo, its a common old MSI K8N Neo Platinum with an althon 64 3.4Ghz.
Any recommendations much appreciated, or maybe an ebay listing of the card to check the price too. The one i mentioned goes for 50-70GBP new.

Anyhow.
Thanks

A:SATA PCI card for RAID

Which exact model are you talking about?

Do not buy an Adaptec HostRAID device - those are rebranded fakeraid cards, not real Adaptec products.

Actually, don't buy any fakeraid device - RAID5 on these is slow, 1990s desktop computer kind of slow. Excellent information on SATA RAID cards here: http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-pci-card-for-raid.66656/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an HP Workstation XW plenty of RAM plenty of speed etc running XP Pro I installed a second hard SATA hard drive and now both the SATA plugs on the mother board are filled The computer already has a DVD player but I d like a player and a burner- no reason to throw the first one out- so I install it only SATA player and card Help with DVD to find out n b dummy that I am that there s Help with DVD player and SATA card no free SATA plugs I go out and buy a Serial ATA card- this one in fact http www ppa-usa com products sata htm I install Help with DVD player and SATA card the card no problems I plug in the DVD burner reboot it and try to install the drivers for the card For some reason the computer tries to install drivers for a RAID card the quot readme quot file starts out like this VIA VT S R R Plus A VT VT VT and CX VX V-RAID Software Package Installation Guide Updated - - Of course my DVD player isn t working and Device Manager only shows one DVD drive the DVD player The DVD burner might be showing up when I look at quot Hidden Devices quot but I m not sure it s the same Even if it is it has quot Code quot or quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer quot The DVD powers up it accepts disks etc - it has power But obviously the whole SATA thing isn t working out Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-dvd-player-and-sata-card.725485/
Relevancy 43.43%

It says to " Copy all files from Serial-ATA\SATA2000 directory into the diskette" Theres about 20 files on the cd and there numbered and they all have a XP section, so what do i copy to put on the Install Diskette?

HELP lol

A:SATA Card question

Whatever OS you are running, you will use the files from that OS's folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-card-question.219783/
Relevancy 43.43%

Have just got a PCI to 4-port SATA I Raid Controller - will this allow me more SATA ports or is it purely for a RAID set up - I have looked but I am not savvy enough to work it out.

A:SATA adaptor card

You can add as any Sata HD Drives as there are ports. If you use one of HD drives for a full OS image backup, you may need to load drivers in Recovery Options.
SATA Drivers - Load in Windows Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180464-sata-adaptor-card.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'll give a detailed description of what's going on...

I have an Elite Group G31T-M Motherboard. And i'm using the IDE ribbon to connect two of my drives. One having my OS and the other just a storage hardrive. I'm trying to connect my IDE CD ROM using a IDE to SATA cable and i'm not getting the BIOS to read the device...i have tried a few different configurations of the drives, putting the SATA converter on one of my other devices and i've tried to tweak, but now its displaying a floppy dirve and there's not one on the unit...if anyone call please help with this, i'd greatly appreciate it.

A:IDE to SATA not working

Hi, first is you SATA enabled and does it support it fully?
First check that in the bios to see if its enabled.
The other thing would be to tell up or show us the type of converter u used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-to-sata-not-working.127258/
Relevancy 43.43%

my computer wont detect my new HDD so i did alot of investiagiting and i see thata my normal HDD which is SATA has the same connections as my new one except my new HDD doesnt have a blue cable that my old one does my old one has a blue cable that connects to the mother board and where the cable SATA not working HDD connects to the mother board theres other swicthes so it looks like i can put SATA HDD s sweet problem is i didnt SATA HDD not working know i needed that cable and now im at loss as to what cable do i need btw the HDD i bought is this one http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E i looked on newegg for SATA cable but i get alot of different kinds anyone know which kind i should get as always your help is greatly appreciated EDIT just realized that if its OEM it doesn t come with a cable wish i knew that before but my question remains nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there nbsp My work machine is a HP Z SFF PC Last month the machine began randomly hanging and displaying blue screen errors There isn't much in the way of discernible patterns but it tends Z240 SFF blue crashes and HP screens random hangs, to happen when the machine is in use rather than idling and I can consistently reproduce it when using the Prime stress testing utility When I set it to maximise CPU heat as soon HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes as I stop the test the machine blue screens indicating a cooling issue The machine's fan is very quiet although on occasion it gets very loud after a restart and then quietens down I would expect the fan to get louder as the CPU gets hotter during the HP Z240 SFF random hangs, blue screens and crashes stress test but this doesn't happen so I wonder if the fan is malfunctioning and if this is a known issue with these machines or if there is any possible resolution nbsp Please see below for the output of BlueScreeView which displays the error codes produced by recent blue screen errors nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-SFF-random-hangs-blue-screens-and-crashes/td-p/5658407
Relevancy 43.43%

Issue: Whever the system is booted/rebooted after POST, while transfering control to OS, the system goes into a pause/halt (keyboard and mouse doesn't responds)Workaround: As soon as one of the monitors is turned off, seems control passes to Windows 7 ("Loading windows" on black screen shows up) and boots normally, now the monitor can be turned on and dual display works as usualAdditional info: While the system is paused, if the NUM/CAPS/SCROLL lock is pressed in a particular sequence (even though the lights actually don't respond), it looks like the key-press sequence gets stored in buffer. This is verfied once one of the monitor is turned off, the same keypress pattern lights up on the keyboardSetup: z240 with 2x23" monitor connected to Display-ports, HP smartcard keyboard and mouse connected to rear USB. BIOS version 1.11 (SP74759)Has anyone experianced similar issue or anyone has a fix for this?

A:z240 boot issue with dual monitor setup

Same here.New Z240 workstation with Xeon E3-1245 v5 and two monitors HP Z24n, both attached on the motherboard's DisplayPorts.OS: Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Sp1 with latest patches and drivers (including monitors' one), BIOS (01.27 Rev.A)  I found two workarounds: power down and restart, or briefly attach another DVI monitor. I will try your trick to power off a monitor.  P.S. Initially I had the same problem using two Samsung DVI monitors and HP DisplayPort->DVI adapters. I thought it was a problem with the signal conversion and changed monitors. Probably this post is an instance of the same problem:http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z-240-Video/m-p/546...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z240-boot-issue-with-dual-monitor-setup/td-p/5531610
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I got a Z240 SFF workstation with a 512G HP Z Turbo Drive G2 intalled on M.2 slot as a boot drive. I recently add a 1.2T Intel 750 PCIe SSD on PCIe slot 4 for additional storage. However after the Intel 750 SSD was intalled, the computer began to shutdown automaticly after couple of minutes running. The issue will be fixed after remove the Intel 750 SSD. The system is running 64bit Win10, with Samsung NVMe Driver. The Intel 750 SSD can also be read and write when installed and Intel Data Center Tool shows that the SSD is healthy. I think the auto shutdown issue is related to overheating on 750 SSD. I am wondering if the motherboard of Z240 SFF is compatible with Intel 750 SSD. Does anyone have Intel 750 PCIe SSD installed on their Z240 SFF or any other Z Workstation? Thanks! NOS_ATX

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Auto-shutdown-issue-of-Z240-SFF-workstation-when-Intel-750/td-p/5696977
Relevancy 43.43%

This should be easy but I can't find the PCI Serial Port Driver for HP Z240 VEN_8086 DEV_A13D. I think that's the AMT driver  for this puppy.... I think its called sunrisepoint or skylake chipset? Things that make you go hmmmmm  

A:PCI Serial Port Driver for HP Z240 VEN_8086 DEV_A13D

Hi: You need this driver...the AMT SOL driver is included. This package contains the latest Intel Management Engine Software for the supported Workstation models and operating systems, as well as utilities for updating and checking status. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp76501-77000/sp76975.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/PCI-Serial-Port-Driver-for-HP-Z240-VEN-8086-DEV-A13D/td-p/5745582
Relevancy 43.43%

Guys, I just erceived a new z240 workstation and cannot find where to disable DEP in the BIOS.  we have 3 z230's and I found it in that bios.  Can anyone help.  Have legacy software that will not install correctly with DEP enabled. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Z240-DEP-Data-execution-Prevention-disable-Can-t-find-in/td-p/5775621
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello. I am currently working on getting a fresh installation of Windows 7 on our HP Z240's in order to create our standard business image. I was able to install Windows 7 Enterprise but am having one issue. Whenever the workstation goes into sleep mode it will do a hard shutdown. I've installed the latest drivers found here for the chipset, graphics, NIC and sound. The issue still occurs. I've done the same on three different workstations and have experienced the same issue between all three. The OEM Windows 7 installation has no issues on the same exact workstation. Can anyone assist me with this? Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z240-with-Windows-7-Hard-shutdown-before-sleep-mode/td-p/5673196
Relevancy 43.43%

It appears that newly shipping Z240 Tower workstations DO NOT have an internal USB header anymore?  The System Board Overview graphic in the Maintenance & Service Guide (Oct 2015) shows #7 as a USB 2.0 internal header.  However, the location where the header should be on the system board is actually a 1x6 pin header (P150) listed as "MEDIA".  The other USB 2.0 Header, #5, is taken up as the front USB cable. So is there an updated manual that shows what is actually on the system board?  The Z240 Tower QuickSpec is dated March 2016, so I'm hoping there is a newer manual out there somewhere.   Any idea what the P150 MEDIA header is for?  Is this for the old media card readers?  I have the optional SD card reader, but that is attached to #8 which is the internal USB 3.0 header. Any way to attach deveices that need an internal USB 2.0 header?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z240-internal-usb-header-and-updated-Maintenance-amp-Service/td-p/5598284
Relevancy 43%

Hello I am expansion Sata 3 for card Solved: a newbie and need some help I have purchased one Samsung PRO SSD GB solid state drive and plan to install a brand new retail version of Windows on it plus no more than probably to favorite applications such as Google Internet Explorer Microsoft Office etc I have around a year computer that has SATA ports on the motherboard with all expansion slots unused My computer is a HP a f pavilion desktop http support hp com us-en document c http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId c It has the following unused expansion slots PCI Express x slot PCI Express x slots PCI slot I have also purchased two separate but identical WD TB hard disk drives WD Black My one SSD and two HDD s have the Sata III interface but my motherboard has only Sata II From much research I have decided that to get the full or Solved: expansion card for Sata 3 close to GB s provided by Sata I would purchase a Sata expansion card I also determined that to get a Sata expansion card that has a X interface would put Solved: expansion card for Sata 3 me close to GB s and thus get the full potential out of my new sata drives I have chosen the HighPoint Rocket L -Port SATA Gbps PCIe x Host Bus Adapter http www bhphotovideo com c product -REG HighPoint R L ROCKET L INT PRT html as it has a X interface It don t think my motherboard is configured for RAID as I don t see the needed controller or anything in BIOS that mentions RAID and that s OK with me So hopefully I could use the JBOD mode as I don t have to have raid anyway and use the X card to get the maximum potential of my three Sata drives I am not a gamer and don t plan to use the X slot for anything Solved: expansion card for Sata 3 else Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am not experienced enough to make these decisions on my own Aprilair nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Ok probably been asked 100 times but I did search and can't find my answer. I have a few good quality old school P4 boards that don't have SATA SERIAL ports, but I have a lot of sata drives and I am trying to build another system for my boy. What is a good SATA SERIAL card? I went to my Mom and Pop PC store today and they have 10 different ones to choose from with 10 different prices, I just need a simple good quality card that will be fine just so I can utilize some of my SATA drives and the performance will be just like the regular on board SERIAL port so I don't have to go buy an IDE drive, or they all good even the cheap ones and or some just more because of more features and more ports on the card?
Thanks
Mr. Bill

A:What is a good SATA SERIAL card?

If you want drives larger than 137GB, then i suggest getting a SATA PCI card that supports ATA/133 atleast, however if the size is relatively small you could pretty much just get any - the only differences will be speed the drive interacts with the card, size limitations and the amount of drives the card supports.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-a-good-sata-serial-card.659114/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I have a TX sata gbs port raid or regular drives PCI card My mother DVD Sata drives TX4 Card for Promise 300 board Gigabyte Ads p has SATA gps and I use a Rocket PCIe for of the six drives in the machine What I would like to do is to put the hard drives all on the system board and use the Promise TX to use with a DVD and Blu Ray burner drives I can use the Rocket Raid in another machine with a bad SATA port Both of those are sata or lower Does this work anyone tried it I would have thought it would work and the TX card would not even have to break a sweat and install a bios or anything since they are just ATAPI drives which should be a standard device Can't just slap it in as I am waiting for a more powerful PSU as the Enermax watt is doing funny things on power on and boot up When I calculate what is in there it needs an Watt PSU I have a w arriving Saturday Amazon com Enermax Revolution Watts Gold Promise Sata TX4 300 Card for DVD drives Certified Power Supply ERV EWT-G Computers amp Accessories

A:Promise Sata TX4 300 Card for DVD drives

Sorry I can't answer your questions. I have a rocket raid card but have never had occasion to use it. But, in reading reviews of it, others have used it just for DVD drives and say it works well. Assuming they are both the same type, I would assume it would work. It seems to be worth a try at least.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309538-promise-sata-tx4-300-card-dvd-drives.html