Windows Support Forum

DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up

Q: DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up

Hi Greetings I would like to ask for your assistance because I m already out of ideas how to resolve this issue Right after I powered up the laptop E5450 screen dell Latitude start logo after up blank DELL it will get past the DELL logo screen then it will be completely just black screen I wouldn t even hear any activity from the CPU fan HDD and pressing DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up the Caps Lock doesn t lit up the LED The LED indicators on the side are only displaying the power indicator but none for HDD Battery and Wireless Here are the steps that I have done so far Removed the HDD and Battery then press amp hold the power button for at least - seconds to disperse the internal voltage Then attach the Battery but not the HDD Press and hold Fn and then the Power button hoping to boot me up to the ePSA Diagnostic Utility Press F or F while booting up Re-seat the memory and also clean with a dry tissue These are the procedures that I have done but nothing has changed It still displays blank screen right after the DELL logo I do hope that you could assist me on this Thank you so much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988623
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: DELL Latitude E5450 blank screen after dell logo start up

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.24%

Hi, my dell laptop won't boot. no beep codes, and I have 2 different LED POST codesWhen charger is plugged in the code is
ON-FLASH-ON or SOLID-BLINKING-SOLID
When charger is unplugged, battery only:
ON-FLASH-FLASH or SOLID-BLINKING-BLINKING (the blinks are not the same time, they alternate)

And after some time of trying, the laptop will boot but error will be shown which is this
if I run the diagnostics, result will show that memory is okay, but it will fail the test when it is testing the hard drive.

Is this a motherboard problem? I tried re-seating the RAM but same problem with occur.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994441
Relevancy 94.24%

Hello I have just purchased a Dell Latitude E quot and I am having some problems with its screen It is a matte IPS full hd screen and after using it just for a few hours i had enormous eye strain- happened for the first time in my life my eye sight is just fine btw I did calibration and tests Problem Latitude with screen E5450 Dell 14" and adjustments and updated dell drivers Still I have enormous eye strain back home i also own viewsonic matte ips quot monitor and never had problem with looking at it for hours The only thing I can definitely say is that I think the screen has sharpness issues based on www lagom nl sharpness php it Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen fails this test miserably and according Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen to this test the sharpness is too low Could this be causing my eye strain and if yes is there any way to improve that I am surprised that my year old Dell Inspiron quot almost passed this test perfectly Also I find the colors on Latitude screen too saturated And I have the feeling there is too much Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen magenta or even blue Did anyone have same or similar problems I really like my new Latitude but I don t see the point in keeping it if I cannot use it more then hours per day Any help is really appreciated

A:Problem with Dell Latitude E5450 14" screen

I forgot to mention that I have an integrated graphic card - Intel HD Graphics 5500
Upon reading Intel forums, I found out that one user was complaining about the same thing, but after apparently updating his drivers (on Lenovo ThinkPad). When he reinstalled the old drivers, the eye strain was gone.
So I disabled my Intel Graphics drivers - e voila, no more eye strain!
Still though, that sharpness test is failing....
Any thoughts?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19680755
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello!
I have problem with unable video from buil-in screen. I used external monitor with last driver video adapter (10.18.14.4432 ,A17) - it works, used earlier drivers - it works, buil-in screen - not works.
Used drivers from site dell and with utility Intel Driver Update Utility (Version: 2.6.1.4)
BIOS version A13
P.S. Called to Dell. Service engineer dell to replacement motherboard and said to find another drivers.
But where I can to found another drives like not from Dell and Intel?
Please help. Thank you for any help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990846
Relevancy 84.32%

Config Latitude e release with Dell Latitude hard second drive e5450 th generation i - U GB Mem GB HDD P I would like to Dell Latitude e5450 second hard drive add a second hard drive SSD to my laptop - I only see a quot hard drive slot that s pre-occupied with GB K HDD Many will tell me to upgrade my current disk to a SSD and but that s not what I want - I need to add another disk that is SSD into the system vs upgrade the existing Per manual I do not see this guy has mSATA slot it can have mSATA SSD with conversion kit on the same quot SATA slot and since this guy doesn t have a DVD ROM I won t be able to convert that as another option either I do see it has WWAN slot nbsp that s empty and can easily fit mm size SSD but I m reading at forums that the WWAN slot is NOT SATA based but rather PCIe based and it must be M standard Can this be confirmed Also can the wifi card be confirmed as being sata based or pcie based If the WWAN port is SATA based I see a lot of options for SSDs from MyDigital Transcend and other guys but if this is PCIe based the only thing I find is mm from Samsung SM That size will not work as I need at max Any other options Also I see options of SATA based devices in BIOS named quot SATA- quot quot SATA- quot quot SATA- quot amp quot SATA- quot I have them all enabled What are each of these for One for certain is quot HDD no idea what rest is for Thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude e5450 second hard drive

This system supports only 2.5" SSDs - and just one of those.  There is no mSATA or m.2/NGFF support.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19654353
Relevancy 83.7%

Dell N W wont start Dell logo gt black screen How to restore Hello friends Please could you advise me My friend has asked me to help with her Dell N Inspiron laptop She has had it for about just over a year now Dual-core Pentium GB RAM W bit She is not computer savvy and I dont know how shes managed to do this but heres the problem You press the power button The Dell logo appears along with the F amp F options for Setup amp Boot Options This is followed by a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left Thats it All this happens in the space of seconds power-up to black screen Nothing else happens no Windows logo screen start. N5030:W7 logo black Dell reset Dell wont how? screen. + Factory no Microsoft logo nothing Screen stays black with the cursor and the laptop instantly turns off when I press the power button My friend was desperate because she had over family photos and some important documents she didnt want to lose I was able to recover all of those using a Linux Mint live CD so at least shes all smiles for that Using Mint made me realize that the hardware was working perfectly The hard drive was good no mem faults and of course the optical drive was fine Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? So its something with Windows Also while using Mint I could clearly see the Dell Recovery Partition The problem is I dont know how to get the Inspiron to fire it up - because I cannot even get into Safe Mode where the quot Repair Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how? your computer quot option is When I pressed F all that comes up is an option to tweak the boot order and a diagnostics option I ran the latter and it found no hardware faults at all I wasnt surprised I tried the usual tricks for trying to get it to begin the factory reset Stuff like CTRL F hold F down and then press power button keep pressed and then press power button All of these do the same thing - they just start the Diagnostic Tests My friend says Dell did not provide a Restore DVD because they told her quot it was all on the hard drive quot But they assumed that the user would be able to get to the Advanced Boot Options screen - which is not happening Pressing F results in the Insipiron once again running its diagnostics Safe Mode is not working How do I get this laptop to begin the factory reset Thanks very much for any help you can give

A:Dell N5030:W7 wont start. Dell logo + black screen. Factory reset how?

Dell states that the Factory Restore option should be visible on the F8 screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/216121-dell-n5030-w7-wont-start-dell-logo-black-screen-factory-reset-how.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Bought this computer yesterday and fingerprint reader doesn't work. I've installed Dell Data Protection (Recovery, Update, Endpoint Recovery, Security Tools... etc) and I still can't get the fingerprint reader working. I don't understand why it's not installed there in the first place.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993351
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello,
I have a curious Problem with a Fresh windows 10 Install (restore from Dell Media) and he Fingerprint Reader.
I installed all drivers inkl. Dell Security Tools. 2 Fingers are recognized in Software.
But after Restart from Windows, Login is only possible with PW or secure Question. When i then lock the laptop, login with finger print is available and possible ?!
Also when I then shutdown the Computer and re-power on, fingerprint login is also possible.
But when i press Reboot in Windows, the reader is again not available.
Also when the Computer hits standby and then is power on again, fingerprint is not available.

What can I do to get this reader always available ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983165
Relevancy 108.36%

hey ! I have dell studio 1555 windows 7.
Today I activated my windows after formating. It asked for rebooting i pressed yes and it got forced shut downed. Since den wenever i m pressing power switch i get dell logo and after dat a blank screen is coming with a cursor blinking at the top. What is wrong with my lappy please help!!

A:getting blank screen with a cursor after dell logo

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Can you boot to Safe Mode?

Put your Windows installation CD into the PC and see if you can launch startup repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-blank-screen-with-a-cursor-after-dell-logo-906890.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hi
When I try to boot the laptop(dellE7240 win 8.1) it shows fell logo and windows logo but after that just a blank screen with cursor. Advance boot option doesn't show any safe mode option. Interesting enough when last night I shut it down. The power, wifi and the system light were on for quite a while. I did shut it down by clicking shut down and not pressing the power button. Can any help on how to boot the laptop? Or what could the problem be?

A:Blank screen after dell and windows logo

several things to try - the led's are a telling sign of a problem.. the black screen with flashing cursor is the OS was not found..

remove any CD/DVD's from drive slots
F2 into your Bios setting a reset the system defaults and verify HDD by bios
verify System Memory is seen and correct in bios

lastly remove and reseat memory sticks and HDD in PC

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64535-blank-screen-after-dell-windows-logo.html
Relevancy 107.5%

my dell latitude e6420 screen goes blank and stays blank when it has to boot from the internal hhd or usb or even cd, i can not even run diagnostic test. all my laptop can do now is go to Bios settings. it turns and stays blank when not at bois. plz help me...very urgent.

A:my dell latitude e6420 screen goes blank when it has to boot

Hi notyme,
Welcome to the Community.
Unplug the adapter and the battery. Press and hold power button for 20 seconds. Plugin the adapter. Press and hold “Fn” key while turning on the system. Hold it down until the diagnostic starts. For more information click the link mentioned below:
http://dell.to/RO1v0p
Please refer to the link mentioned below for information on error codes:
http://dell.to/12IFoz8
Thanks & RegardsManshu S#iworkfordell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19516175
Relevancy 103.2%

Hello, im new to the forum.

i currently own an older dell latitude cpx laptop, its fairly outdated, i know but im currently running it off of my wireless router, i have a d-link wireless-g adapter in my pcmcia slot, but when i boot my laptop with it, i get blue screen errors, but if unplug it and boot it up then plug in my adapter, it works perfect, i know its not a big deal to just plug it n after i boot up but i was wondering if i could fix this?? the laptop has xp pro sp 2

thanks in advance

A:Dell Latitude cpx, blue screen at start-up

Look for type of error on the blue screen and write it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-cpx-blue-screen-at-start-up.615366/
Relevancy 103.2%

I have a 3 year old dell latitude d830 and everytime i turn it on the screen goes pink with a variety of thin colourful vertical lines through it. This is as far as it goes, i cannot get it to go to the regular start up screen or any other.
I know the battery is currently fried so i have to keep it plugged in for it to work, could that have anything to do with this? or is it another matter?
Thank you.

A:Dell Latitude D830 does not go further than the start up screen

Maybe u should try remove the whole battery and then plug the charger directly, if your pc turns on with the same issue, then it's not the battery.

Try to plug your laptop to an external monitor. if the display is normal on the external display then your screen is bad.
Check to see that there is no other sign of abnormality, such as after-POST beep or the activity LEDs.
I hope it should be this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d830-does-not-go-further-than-the-start-up-screen.137729/
Relevancy 100.19%

Inspiron 15R SE 7520
When I attempt to start my laptop it goes to the Dell logo screen and will not boot Windows 8. Any suggestions?
I've had the computer less than a month and if I have to restore the system completely it will not cause much of a problem.

Thanks for the help in advance!

A:Dell Laptop w/ Windows 8 won't boot past dell logo screen

Hello Univers789,
Re-installing windows is the last resort. So before doing that, you can try the steps mentioned below which might fix the issue. 1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS. 2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu. 3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI. 4. Press F10 to save changes and exit. 5. Reboot the system. 6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response. 7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key. 8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows. In case the above steps don’t fix the issue, run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. Please write back with results. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19480504
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello,

I have a problem with my new laptop and it happens only sometimes. It is around 1 month old and it had this problem from the beginning . The laptop is a DELL INSPIRON 3552
1. DELL LOGO appears
2. Screen backlight is ok
3. Windows won't start ( window's logo doesn't appear ) and if i plug an external mouse the cursor is on the black screen.
If I shut down the laptop from the power button and the start it again it works. It's very random. Once I had to restart the laptop for 3 times before the windows started.
Any ideas ? 

A:DELL Inspiron Windows screen black after DELL logo

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
As we understand that the system doesnt not boot and just goes up to the Dell logo and after multiple restarts the system works fine.
In that case ,Can you boot the system into " Safe mode " and check if the same happens..You can also perform a system restore and also check for updates pending .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993389
Relevancy 98.9%

Hello.

My old Dell Dimension 8400 P4 starts to boot but the screen goes black after the Dell Logo. The power was accidentally shut off on the power strip that the computer is connected to and after I turned the computer back on, this problem occured. I ran a computer diagnostic, I have tried to get to the screen to allow me to boot in safe mode by pushing F8 but when I do that I get a message that the keyboard has an error.

Please help if you can.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-dim-8400-screen-goes-black-after-dell-logo.1001291/
Relevancy 98.47%

My laptop does is not even till dell - boot latitude not does e6230 logo My not booting now all of a sudden after it went for a reset with My latitude e6230 does not boot - not even till dell logo some igdmk sys error failure When I press the power button the HDD LED just blinks once briefly and there is no further activity I presume it is not even loading the bios as I My latitude e6230 does not boot - not even till dell logo dont see anything on the screen I tried the static discharge step remove battery amp power adapter hold power for - sec put back adapter and try power button wt fn key to enter diagnostics OR put battery amp adapter and try poer button to see led etc - but no success When I put the battery amp power adapter and press the power on button the HDD LED blinks for a moment and goes off permanently and the Power LED stays on forever nbsp There is no further action of any sort nbsp The LED status is as follows after that initial HDD LED flash HDD LED OFFPower LED ON SOLIDWireless LED OFFWhat is the way forward to make this lappie boot up now Pl suggest the approach steps Cheers

A:My latitude e6230 does not boot - not even till dell logo

Unplug the system, remove or disconnect the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove and reinstall both memory modules and the hard drive.
Try powering up on AC only  - if it will but won't with the battery, the battery is bad.
If it still won't power up, remove the hard drive and see if you can get to a POST screen.  If you can, the hard drive has failed.
If you still get nothing, the mainboard has failed.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986917
Relevancy 98.47%

I power the laptop on and the Dell logo is there with a blue bar at the bottom of the screen slowly moving left to right. When it has filled up the block, the screen flashes to a black screen with small white writing at the top and very quickly back to the Dell logo and thereafter flashes between the 2 screens.
If I power off and restart, the flashing continues.  If I wait an hour or so,  it starts again with the Dell logo and bar beneath slowly filling up and then continues with the flashing alternating screens.
I have tried removing and replacing the battery.
I have hit F12 and gone through all the diagnostics but there are no error codes.
I am running Windows 7 and do hope this is not caused by my inadvertently clicking on a Windows 10 popup! 
Any advice gratefully received.

A:LATITUDE E 6500 will not boot up - cannot pass Dell logo. Please can anyone help?

Hi ANGDAV,
Does this happen with or without the adapter connected?
Download the service manual - http://dell.to/1U2LukH - and remove and reseat the memory modules and test each module in each slot and check.
Remove the HDD and check if the system goes past the Dell logo and gives any error message.
Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Run an extended test on the memory modules and the HDD.

If possible, update the BIOS and check:
Create a bootable USB - http://bit.ly/1mmhOE1
Copy the BIOS and update the BIOS - http://dell.to/1NyXDjK 

If the system is under warranty, write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982606
Relevancy 98.47%

I tried already removing the battery and press the power button. Then connect the plug. Start the computer. Nothing happened.
Pressing f8,f2 and other f. But nothing happened.
I don't know how to fix it.
Can you please help me with this. Thank you so much

A:Inspiron 17 5000 series after dell logo loading the windows 10 didn't open. It stays at blank screen with only the cursor moving.

Great News! I'm glad your computer is working again. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19658039
Relevancy 96.75%

As the title says - the Latitude 7350 I have will not upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading and installing the Windows 10 upgrade, it boots to the Dell Logo and stays stuck there.
I have tried to disable secure boot and enable legacy ROMs, but this has not solved the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Latitude 7350 will not upgrade to Windows 10 - stuck on Dell Logo after reboot

Addendum - the only way I have been able to get out of the situation has been by doing a factory refresh. Windows 8 successfully rolled back only once out of my 5 attempts to install Win10.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992467
Relevancy 92.02%

Yes Latitude D630 Drive will blank recognise dvd's RW Dell DVD not this old problems still around I have seen one possible work DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's round and have passed it onto my DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's companies I T as I m not allowed to do my own DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's fixes Only recently I tried to burn a DVD and straight away the DVD Writer couldn t recognise a blank dvd but would recognise a pre-recorded or one thats been burnt to When placing a blank dvd in the tray it would come up as a cd All CD read write functions work fine the machine has the Dell installed Roxio drag and drop installed and that says no DVD in the drive so it does not recognise it either However I did find a thread fishing around with a possible solution so I m now waiting I T with baited breath I ll let every one know how they get one it seems this isn t an isolated issue however at risk of jinxing myself its never happened at home nbsp

A:DVD RW Drive Dell Latitude D630 will not recognise blank dvd's

Most likely unrecognized media. Two choices: 1) update the drive firmware (if there is a newer version) 2) different brand/type of media. And use a quality media. For SL DVD, Verbatim or Taio Yuden, for DL DVD, Verbatim.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-drive-dell-latitude-d630-will-not-recognise-blank-dvds.1008418/
Relevancy 92.02%

My DELL 8600 Laptop goes blank after booting Windows XP logo.

I'm able to boot using VGA mode. So it appears that the LCD screen is working properly.

Currently - I'm using a projector to view the screen in regular boot mode this is the only way to view the screen at regular size at this time.

The settings on the display are the default settings 1024X768 32bit RADEON 9000 (ATI Graphic card).

I'm wondering if its possible that the Video card has just crap out or corruption has occured in the XP OS?

Appreciate your opinion!

A:Windows XP goes blank after logo on DELL 8600 Laptop

Useful link- http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18760.html (see Buradori)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-goes-blank-after-logo-on-dell-8600-laptop.42068/
Relevancy 89.44%

I am new to this site and joined because I have a technical problem with my 3 year old Dell Latitude 600. When I press the start button to start it, the little lights light for about 2-3 seconds and then shut off. Nothing even comes to the screen. Any ideas?

A:Dell Latitude won't start

Hi

Sorry to be so long answering, ive been a bit busy, usual cause is faulty memory chips or ones that have just worked loose, if you have 2 chips try either in DImm1 socket and see if it works, failing that the board is going bad, do an Ebay search on the board and see what it costs to replace it.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-wont-start.74059/
Relevancy 89.01%

Please please please someone help me!!!

I reset my laptop using F8 but during the reset my laptop died! I tried turning it back on annnnndddd now it won't go past Dell screen??? It loads the dell sign, I can press f2 for setup and f12 for boot options. Then the screen goes black after the dell thing has loaded (like it would when it turns on) then it stays black and reboots again. Like a reboot cycle almost.
I tried pressing f8 to get up the recovery settings but even that's not loading or coming up.
Somebody please help me, I need my laptop to do work and I don't have enough money to get it fixed professionally or buy a new one.

I aren't amazing with laptops so please give me like a dummies guide. I won't understand technical words but please help !

Thank you

A:Dell windows 10 won't boot past start up dell screen

Please put the service tag of your laptop in your next reply so we can tell exactly which model you have, click on this link for details :- http://www.dell.com/support/content...ort-Knowledgebase/locate-service-tag/Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-windows-10-wont-boot-past-start-up-dell-screen.1160070/
Relevancy 89.01%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/387845-dell-latitude-e6430-dell-latitude-e6420.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a dell latitude e6510 that won't start up. When I push the power button, the cooling fan starts up, several of the lights on the case come on for about five seconds (hdd and power) and then the whole thing powers down.
Anyone have any ideas?
Any help greatly appreciated!

A:Dell Latitude E6510 will not start up

Have you tried a hard start. Disconnect the battery and power cord. Then hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then try reconnecting the battery or the power plug and see if it will start. If this dose not work you might what to post your computer or laptops Model and make plus your systems specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6510-will-not-start-up.183347/
Relevancy 88.58%

This Dell laptop starts (I hear the disc turning) and in about 15 sec shuts down. Screen is dark all the time and pressing the "setup" key (F1) doesn't do anything...
Anybody's guess?

A:Laptop Dell Latitude CPx does not start

Could be a failed backlight on the display, can you connect it to a VDU or TV see if they display anything ?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-dell-latitude-cpx-does-not-start-4607327/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi All, I have a Dell Latitude D531 that stopped booting last week. When you press the power button, the lights/indicators turn on and you can hear the HDD spin up but only for a couple seconds and then it shuts off. No error beeps, the screen never turns on I think because it happens so fast.

I have tried starting it with and with out the battery with the same results. I am thinking maybe it is a dead fan?? and the system doesn't start to keep it from over heating?

Please let me know if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas. Thanks, Dan

A:Dell Latitude D531 won't start

dude i have the same thing. did u take it apart and then reassembled per any chance?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d531-wont-start.161507/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a stupid Dell Latitude C600 laptop and when I try to turn it on the power light blinks repeatedly and all the other lights stay on a steady green. I can hear the fan on but nothing else comes on. I even plugged it into a monitor in case it was the LCD but I still get nothing. I took out the battery and plugged it in just from the power supply and still nothing. Could it be a dead hard drive? I looked at other threads and there was talk of Motherboard issues but non of my lights are blinking so I didn't think it could be that.
Thank you in advanced for any help

A:Dell Latitude C600 Won't Start

post in the correct forum next time. (mobile computing). if your mobo does not even post, then it is NOT the hard drive. you have a power issue. Either your battery is dead, the power adapter is faulty, or there is something else wrong. You should at least get a POST.

read the NO POST guide in the guides forum and the bios beep guide appropriate to your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-c600-wont-start.95424/
Relevancy 88.58%

I got an older laptop from my aunt. I finally found a working AC adapter for it and plugged the laptop in and wait a few minutes, then I tried to turn it on, it caused a light in the shape of a battery to turn on. Pressing the button on the battery reveals that all 5 lights come on, so I assume the battery is charged. What happened?

A:Dell Latitude D600 won't start

Is the laptop working? You do not describe a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d600-wont-start.1009525/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I have researched extensively to see if I can find an answer to my problem but have had no luck My Dell Latitude has suddenly stopped working I turned it on and Windows seemed to start but it hangs right before the login screen All I got was a black screen with the arrow cursor in the middle and the laptop did nothing after that The HDD light was on solid I restarted several times but I get the same thing I assumed the hard 13 Dell Problems Start-up Latitude drive Dell Latitude 13 Start-up Problems was bad so I replaced it and installed Windows Professional and the installation went fine After it finished the PC restarted and I get the quot Setup is preparing Windows for first use quot and it freezes just like it did before with the HDD light on solid I have changed the BIOS settings back to default No luck I performed Dell diagnostics and no problems were found Does anybody have any ideas what the problem might be Thanks in advance George nbsp

Relevancy 88.15%

Hello I have a dell 2305 all in one computer and it won't get passed the dell logo i tired F2,F12. Taking out all the wire holding the power for 15 seconds, the install cd didnt work. I opened it up took out the 2 ram sticks and it beeps. Tried 1 ram stick at a time still didnt work. Please help

A:Dell won't get passed it start up logo

closed duplicate
please stick with your original posthttp://forums.techguy.org/all-other-software/1104020-dell-wont-get-passed-its.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wont-get-passed-it-start-up-logo.1104058/
Relevancy 88.15%

My Insprion 5521 was originally purchased with Win 8. Later i upgraded to Win 10 Home. For a while, startup seemed normal. Lately however, startup at the Dell logo before Windows is extremely slow! ( 60 to 90 seconds sometimes longer ).  This is not Win updates! Has anyone any ideas?

A:Very slow start at Dell logo

I'd suggest you run Dell Preboot diagnostic tool on your computer. The tool will scan for any possible hardware issue that might be causing the slow boot time.
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously. You should be in the diagnostic screen. After you run the quick tests, run a 'Thorough' test on the hard drive. Please report back any error code.
https://youtu.be/WDpvQ3qwy1c

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995757
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi, my 2 month old pc wont go past the Dell logo screen when you switch it on and none of the F keys work.  I have looked at the troubleshooting on the website and it seems I may need to download a BIOS update but how can I run that update on my Dell pc?  Does anyone have any other solutions to my problem, I will give Dell tech support a ring on Monday but just wondered if there was anything else I could try in the meatime? Many thanks

A:PC freezes on Dell logo on start up

Hello. You can try to release the static. In order to do that you just have to power off the computer and then remove the adapter and the battery.
Then push and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds and then power on the computer on just the adapter.
Try this and if it didnot work then please let me know.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19248697
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello I have a dell 2305 all in one computer and it won't get passed the dell logo i tired F2,F12. Taking out all the wire holding the power for 15 seconds, the install cd didnt work. I opened it up took out the 2 ram sticks and it beeps. Tried 1 ram stick at a time still didnt work. Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-wont-get-passed-its-start-up-logo.1104020/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,
When I press the power button on my XPS 13 9333, the backlight and power lights come on, but nothing on the screen. No Dell logo, can't get into BIOS etc. Holding D plus power does the LCD test so I don't think the display is the problem. Before this started happening I updated the BIOS, it worked fine straight after I restarted but won't turn on since the last time I restarted.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

A:XPS 13 9333 won't start, no Dell logo

Hi ,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum .
Kindly confirm if you do hear any beeps as they are also type of diagnostic indicators.
Awaiting your reply .
Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19650258
Relevancy 87.72%

Ok so recently the computer has been working fine until yesterday First when it logged me on no desktop shows up so i ran taskmanager and start d600 Dell up. latitude wont closed explorer exe and ran it again and it worked fine But today while i was using it it crashed with a blue screen I couldnt read what the whole thing said because my screen is cracked on the top middle section But it mentioned somthing with physical memory being dumped Recently i added a gb usb as virtual ram to speed up my computer a bit too I couldn't read it so i figured if i turned the laptop off and rebooted it up it will be ok So i realized that the usb got bent and maybe came off the computer So i turned on the computer and it started up It showed the dell logo and the bios being booted But it just pauses when it starts Nothing happens it doent load It's just stuck there and all i can do is turn it off Windows Xp sp mhz processor gb ram about gb harddrive

A:Dell latitude d600 wont start up.

Have you tried Safe Mode boot?

Do you have your Dell XP install disk?

Have you unplugged that bent USB device?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d600-wont-start-up-650735.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi
I have a dell Latitude e6230 and ive recently been struck with a start up problem.
Recently i kept getting notifications to update my windows 10 when powering off the system. I had upgraded the windows from 7-10 in the past.
When i turned off it said updating 1 out of * steps. And now when i turn it on it just turns to a black screen with a white flashing indicator on the top left of the screen.
Please Help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/i-have-start-issue-my-dell-latitude-e623-4605147/
Relevancy 87.72%

my dell latitude d420 havent start working since its last current use. before some function keys of the keyboard did'nt work such as letter m, l, and arrow keys. until when i turn it on yesterday there's no lcd display, when i press power switch the power light indicator just light up for a short while but turn off after 3 seconds. i've been using windows xp sp3 as my OS. i have tried removing hdd and even its memory but still it doesn't start up, just a 3 seconds light on the power indicator and then it automatically shut down. i dont hear any beep/beeps when i turn on the switch.

A:dell latitude d420 unable to start up

Remove the battery and just run on the Power Adapter. See if that works, if not, then remove the HDD, start and press F2 and see if you can get into Setup (Bios). If so, then restart and press F12 and do the Dell Diagnostics. You also can remove all but one stick of RAM and download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature, burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD tests on Each stick of RAM separately. if you get any errors, Red, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced. if the computer shuts down, then this is probably a motherboard issue, probably not worth fixing due to the age of the computer since it was first released in 2007.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d420-unable-to-start-up-919234.html
Relevancy 87.29%

What do you do if your Dell Latitude w/ 233 processor won't offer you a set up screen? The laptop works fine..but at start up....pressing fn +F1 or F2 doesn't put you into set up mode? Thanks! Bill

Relevancy 86.86%

I cannot run any diagnostics at this time.

I replaced CMOS coin battery. Perhaps damaging contacts to connector while prying them off the old battery. I flattened them out and secured with electrical tape, securely attaching the jumper style connector to the motherboard. I added 4GB RAM (kingston ddr2) per spec. I made sure the memory was securely snugged in the slot and clips working.

When I power on (with or without battery) all I see ar flashing CAPS LOCK and LOCK indicatgors. the NUM LOCK indicator is solid for about d30-40 seconds then POWERS OFF.

I get no screen and the computer does not boot.
It has Win7 Pro installed.
I am not sure how to proceed. Any help appreciated.

Relevancy 86.86%

whenever i switch on my dell studio 1737 laptop it wont go past the dell logo stage.
any help out there on how to fix the problem?
at the moment i am running a diagnostics test and seems like most devices are passing the test.
Michael

A:dell studio 1737 laptop wont boot past dell logo

It could be any number of things but my first 2 guesses are possibly the hard drive or motherboard.you might want to take it somewhere so that you will get a correct diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-studio-1737-laptop-wont-boot-past-dell-logo.1107624/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi, my dell xps 9333 won't turn on. LED and keyword backlight switch on for a moment (less than a second) and then everything turns off. I tried to press Fn key while pressing switch on button, but same thing happens. I do not get any acoustic signal. Can you help me?
thanks, Damiano

A:Dell XPS 9333 won't turn on, LED and keyboard light only switches on for a moment, no dell logo

Hi Dagen
Thanks for writing to us.
When did the issue start? Was there any hardware or software changes done recently?
Most of the components are complicated to remove and re-seat in this model.
If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private
conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If
there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call -
http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996021
Relevancy 86.43%

Dell Vostro 5470 Not getting Dell Logo after bios upgrade in Windows 10.
Notebook rebooted:
1.Fireed power led,
2.Powered up hdd led for 2sec. Turn it off.
3.Stops ...
No Dell Logo, no beeps, can't go into Bios.
LCD test works OK.
Remove Ram module, powered up and listen beep's
Pressing END key and power Notebook does nothing.
Any idea?

A:Dell Vostro 5470 Not getting Dell Logo after bios upgrade in Windows 10

Yes. I did it.
Laptop have Phoenix bios.
Phoenix Bios have has restored procedure from USB Flash.
This steps to restore BIOS:
1.Get USB flash below 4Gb.
2.Format it to FAT.
3.Get your flash update from Dell Store - xxxx.exe
4.Run cmd.exe and in command prompt run xxxx.exe /writehdrfile
5.Copy extracted Bios.cap to flash drive.
6.Turn off laptop.
Next step 7,8 may be not needed but I did it.
7.Disconnected all perihpericals including battery and charger.
8.Disconnect HDD
9.Plugged the usb drive on the laptop at the right side.
10.Hold END key
11,Pluged the powercord and relase the END key 1 second after the power cord is in.
12.USB led on stick blinked fast and we see Bios Recovery Process on screen.
13.After finish notebook reboots and worked fine.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19654297
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi recently my Dell 2330 wont boot up properly. I press the power button and the light comes on the button and i hear the fan. The screen is a brighter black then after a few seconds the screen seems to go off but still power and fan running. Ive spoken to Dell and done all what they asked. Then today out the blue it came on as normal. I went to run a diagnostics test from a link Dell sent me and it asked me to restart the computer. I did and then it  did what it did before and has not come back on since. They have said it could be the motherboard. Any other suggestions ? Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19666162
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys.
Pretty much what the title says - Dell's new, recently-released ControlVault driver (version A19) does not successfully install on a Dell Latitude E6330.  I followed the driver installation order from the "Dell Business Client Re-Image 'How-To' Guide" and installed the Dell ControlVault driver last.  It did not work.
Attached is a screenshot of what I got, and the Windows Installer log.

20160315_Security_Driver_WDRHG_WN64_3.3.14.68_A19.txt

A:Dell ControlVault A19 installation fails on Dell Latitude E6330 with a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Nothing?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19678872
Relevancy 86.43%

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6400. I cannot seem to find any way to install Dell Control Point. I got the Driver Pack to install. I found one download of Security Manager that worked, but I would like the Power Manager one.

I've looked on this forum a few times and any links I click on just redirect me to the Drivers and Downloads page. I get errors saying that my service pack is not supported.....I'm on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. I also got some 32-bit errors, but that's my fault for downloading the 32-bit version.

Does anybody have a link to the full Dell Control Point package (Power Manager, Connection Manager, Security Manager) that will work on 64-bit Windows 7?

Thanks
-Ryan

A:(Dell Latitude E6400) Dell Control Point on Windows 7 64-bit

parrotrpg1
Here is a good article on reimaging the Latitude E6400
downloads.dell.com/.../Latitude%20E-Family%20%20Mobile%20Precision%20Re-Image%20How-To%20Guide%20-%20A03%20Rev%203%200.pdf
The Win 7  Control Point System Manager files are a bit tricky to find, but they can be downloaded from the following link.
www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats
This should help if you have installed the correct drivers in the correct order.
TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19459137
Relevancy 86.43%

have dell cut the laptop off from loading as it will only load half way then stops and wont carry on loading to the end

A:my dell inspiron 5160 only loads half way the dell logo come

I doubt Dell have done anything - your computer has developed a fault,Tap F8 key during startup and see if you can see a menu with Safe Mode mentioned. If it is there go for it and let us know if it then boots up. Note that in Safe Mode things will look rather different (large icons etc). If this fault came on recently and you can get into Safe Mode then you could do system restore to a time before the problem came along - type System Restore in search.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/my-dell-inspiron-5160-only-loads-half-way-the-dell-logo-come/203416.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Prior to this, I was gaming and my screen froze with many blue and white vertical lines across. I held down the power button to restart, but it only loads till the Dell logo with the dots circling then the screen will flicker with some random lines across (see attached image) and then it goes completely black after.

I tried many times to start and in 1 out of 5 tries, sometimes the Dell logo appears with "Please Wait" at the bottom and there are options to Troubleshoot, I am able to enter the Safe Mode with Networking. 
I tried doing a system recovery to an earlier date in Safe Mode and it ran till the part when it had to restart with the Dell logo, the same screen with lines appear again or sometimes just a black screen after the logo.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983245
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

I have a dell latitude d630 running windows 7. The screen has a horizontal line running through the middle and the same screen shows at the top and bottom. Any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-screen-issue.1083209/
Relevancy 86.43%

Dell Latitude CPi, Win 98 se, Screen displays wide black curvy lines, looks like static, sometimes very bad, sometimes a little . Can run for hours ok, then starts to show, or can start at boot up. I was told that if battery was not up to par this could happen, ran on ac only, battery only, combo still same results. Any suggestions will be appreciated Thanks Paul

Relevancy 86.43%

i recently purchased a second hand dell cheep and now the display has kinda blue lines through it i have a dell inspiron they are both model PP L is the actual display the same will the mobo interchange from one to the other it seems a waste to forfeit both computers when one is a two ghz system i would rather put the mobo in the inspiron it Latitude Dell issues screen looks cooler but form follows function i know that there are enough dells out there saturating the market somebody has replaced or noticed its similarities such as the connector from the display or mounting socket or it s if it is the display maybe Dell Latitude screen issues i can swap them out im thinking its the actual piece of tape or ribbon connector but the inspiron has a smaller board that connects to the mobo i dont know as of yet whether they will interchange on the outside there s not much difference Dell Latitude screen issues what do you think as always thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude screen issues

eyemfedup2 said:

but the inspiron has a smaller board that connects to the moboClick to expand...

The latitude should also have this "Inverter" board, if they are different then its likely they are not interchangeable
By the way, I suspect the orange flat ribbon cable only

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-screen-issues.139601/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a couple of problems with my new college laptop, a latitude D810. Every time I startup my computer, windows seems to be shuffling through the resolutions, starting in 800x600 to the standard 1680x1050. This wasn't a problem until recently, when after I updated the drivers (from the dell website), windows keeps getting stuck in 800x600 coming out of hibernation.

(On a side note, I also think this is making my welcome screen and everything on it ENORMOUS. When I was setting up Windows the first time I fired up the laptop, I couldn't even see the next and finish buttons!)

Another problem is that the display properties requires that I reboot after every resolution resize I try to apply the settings. Now, I clearly remember I didn't have to do that before.

Thanks

PS-Keep the explanation simple for now, I have no idea how advanced this might get.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d810-screen.393645/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi There
is there anyone out there that can solve me Dell D 600 screen problem as it doesnt seem to power up, all the base powers up ok but not the screen, any ideas or is it an expensive repair or exchange.

A:Dell D 600 Latitude Screen Problem

I don't know about laptops, but my desktop LCD monitor acted the same way - only black screen with power light blinking, but the computer was booting up properly. The monitor is still under warranty, (3-year warranty) so I sent it in for repair (at a shipment cost to me of $30). From what I could learn on the web, LCD monitors often suffer from capacitors going bad among other things. I don't know how much repairs cost, however several sites indicate it is fairly expensive just to work on them - from $115 up. See link for one price list of repair.

http://www.moniserv.com/doc/pricelist.html

I hope yours is still under warranty. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-d-600-latitude-screen-problem.693851/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,

My Dell Latitude LS screen has a vertical single pixel width line where the pixels only show the color neon green or some flashy green shad only. Is there a way to fix those pixel. In the strict sense these are not dead pixels because they do light up but they do not show anything. I have found websites suggesting, I squeeze, or massage that particular area of the screen while the LCD is on and off and then on. But that does squat for my laptop. Does anyone have any suggestions or may have come across a similar problem. Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Latitude LS LCD Screen Probs

Hi and welcome to Techspot. Is the laptop within warranty? this sounds like something Dell would replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-ls-lcd-screen-probs.65910/
Relevancy 86%

Hey all nbsp I ve got a Dell Latitude E where the driver installer for the Dell Wireless wireless card fails nbsp I m running Windows -bit the computer boots in UEFI mode and I ve installed all of the drivers according to the Latitude E-Family Re-Image Guide I ve got a log as well it says this nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp fails on on mode) Dell Windows E6320 installation 1530 7 driver Latitude Wireless (UEFI 64-bit Dell nbsp Original command line E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp s nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) Value x FFFFF nbsp Dell Wireless 1530 driver installation fails on Dell Latitude E6320 on Windows 7 64-bit (UEFI mode) nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe s v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUP B tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior unattended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Execution terminated at date-time nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Update Package Execution Start nbsp nbsp nbsp Original command line quot C Users Administrator Desktop Drivers - Dell Latitude E E -NIC DRVR WIN A R EXE quot nbsp nbsp nbsp DUPFramework version nbsp nbsp nbsp User Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version A nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language EN nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line setup exe v quot LOGFILE quot C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R DUPB tmp quot quot nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C Users Administrator AppData Local dell drivers E -NIC DRVR WIN A R nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append File C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Payload log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code ERROR nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C Users Administrator AppData Local Dell UpdatePackage Log E -NIC DRVR WIN A R txt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991738
Relevancy 86%

I have a HP Touchsmart 310 PC.  I have never had trouble with it before.  I was editing pictures on it and walked outside for a moment.  When I came back in the screen was blank.  Touched buttons and  it would not show anything.  I rebooted the computer and the logo shows for about a second and then the screen goes blank.  I can not get anything to come on the monitor.  THe computer still makes noises that it is running but nothing is on the screen.  I tried a few things in the support group I found as in unplugging the power cord and pushing buttons.  I have had no luck.  Can somebody please help me?

A:Start up Logo flashes on screen then goes blank

Hello Help__needed, You are stating when you turn your touchsmart on the logo flashes and the screen goes blank, is that correct? I will be happy to help you. Try another hard reset first: Remove all cables and including the power cord from the computerPress and hold the power button for 30 secondsInsert only the mouse, keyboard and power cord When you turn the computer back on immediately start tapping the F10 key, and that should lead you into a BIOS setup screen. Please respond back at your earliest convenience.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Start-up-Logo-flashes-on-screen-then-goes-blank/td-p/2684169
Relevancy 86%

So yeah my Dell M laptop that I ve had for not quite a year is a paper weight right now Basically it locked up on several noresponsive programs and I lost both my taskbar start menu and all of the items of my desktop Now this has happened before when a folder or something becomes unresponsive but it usually came back after a second This time however it didn t so I was forced to Dell logo Black screen after improprerly shut the system down by holding down the quot Off quot button because the default function for single pressing that button is quot Sleep quot for Vista Black screen after Dell logo and waiting for it to switch off Now this is where I ran into problems I booted the system back up but instead of speedily loading through the big DELL logo and the beginning of the process like it normally does it chugged through it very slowly Once it got to the end I got a completely unresponsive black screen I hit the power button and noted that it shut off with a single press Click I ve tried going into the Boot menu and the Setup menu but neither one actually appear once the DELL logo finishes loading the BIOS It just stops on a blank black screen with no way for me to even reinstall the operating system Am I screwed nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hi!, So i recently bought a Dell XPS 15, 2 days ago, and that day it turned on fine, but the next day it is stuck on the Dell logo screen, I have tried pressing the F2,F12 and it doesnt work, I cant get the BIOS to show up.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19986609
Relevancy 86%

Hey my PC dell inspiron 11 3148 is frozen at logo screen.
I tried restarting it
It restarts when I long press power button for 10 sec. But again stuck at dell logo.
It was working till last nyt very without any problem.
But today this happened
But nothing worked for me
Also f2 & f12 keys are not working here.
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989616
Relevancy 86%

So yeah my Dell M laptop that I logo Dell after Black screen ve had for not quite a year is a Black screen after Dell logo paper weight right now Basically it locked up on several noresponsive programs and I lost both my taskbar start menu and all of the items of my desktop Now this has happened before when a folder or something becomes unresponsive but it usually came back after a second This time however it didn t so I was forced to improprerly shut the system down by holding down the quot Off quot button because the default function for single pressing that button is quot Sleep quot for Vista and waiting for it to switch off Now this is where I ran into problems I booted the system back up but instead of speedily loading through the big DELL logo and the beginning of the process like it normally does it chugged through it very slowly Once it got to the end I got a completely unresponsive black screen I hit the power button and noted that it shut off with a single press Click I ve tried going into the Boot menu and the Setup menu but neither one actually appear once the DELL logo finishes loading the BIOS It just stops on a blank black screen with no way for me to even reinstall the operating system Am I screwed Edit Resposting this in the quot Windows Vista quot board so feel free to delete nbsp

A:Black screen after Dell logo

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/576133-black-screen-after-dell-logo.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-dell-logo.576131/
Relevancy 86%

Dell precision m2400
Originally,  Windows screen went to the plain green background without files etc so I quickly turned it off.
Now there is a blank screen after the Dell logo.
So far I have tried only running each of the drives individually without success. I have run a Bios scan which after running resulted in this message "No diagnostic utility partition identified". I have taken out the battery and adapter and restarted.
The f8 key does not bring up any options.
Help! Thanks

A:Black screen after dell logo

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would suggest you check if the Harddrive is detected in BIOS .
Use the link to run online diagnostics on the system and the user manual should help .
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/precision-M2400/manuals
Is there a blinking cursor on the top left had corner of the screen . This could be a hard drive or a hardware failure .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984276
Relevancy 85.57%

for the basics and schoolwork
and which is newer 

A:which is better dell latitude e5440 or dell latiude e6430

The E6430 has a metal case and is more robust, but uses an older CPU and chipset.
The E5440 is a plainer chassis with a newer generation CPU and chipset.
The E6440 is the concurrent update to the E5440.
There are too many possible configurations to definitively say which is better -- it depends on the CPU, GPU, etc. in the specific model (or that you choose when you order one, but since the E6430 isn't a current model,  you may be looking at used systems).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986761
Relevancy 85.57%

My virus protection had expired; therefore I installed the free McAfee one. As soon as I did that my laptop immediately started to act funny. I realized that it wasn?t my laptop; it had to be the software so I uninstalled it. Since I did that, my laptop will not load and it says windows? loading then it crashes. There is an immediate blue screen and then it disappears very fast. Then it restarts again and then a screen comes up saying to use start up repair or normal start up. I try that but it still doesn't work. I have ran the diagnostic test and nothing happened. Can you please help me save my laptop, I?ve very hard to get it and its all I have .

A:My Dell Inspriron E 1505 laptop keeps crashing when the start up logo comes up!

Hi and welcome to TSF try starting in safe mode tapping F8 on boot and see if it will boot you could then try system restore to a point prior to installing McAfee

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-dell-inspriron-e-1505-laptop-keeps-crashing-when-the-start-up-logo-comes-up-661358.html
Relevancy 85.57%

two days ago, i turned my copmuter on and left the room for a few mins. i came back, woke it up from sleep mode, and then 2 mins later it just turned off by it self.. i turned it back on and now all i get is the blinking underscore at topleft corner.. i did nothing to my computer to make it do this.. what can i do to fix?

A:Blinking underscore at topleft corner after DELL logo on start up

Which operating system?
If you have a current backup I would suggest booting with the OS disc and going to the recovery console. If you have XP, run chkdsk and see if that fixes it. If you have something newer there should be some options for recovery when you boot from the CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blinking-underscore-at-topleft-corner-after-dell-logo-on-start-up.158370/
Relevancy 85.57%

I own a Dell Latitude E6430.   I am looking for a Dell Companion 12000mAh or 18000mAh type of device to power and charge my Dell Lattitude E6430 when I am traveling (no outlet available).   When I view the compatibility list for both the Dell Companion 12000mAh and the 18000mAh I don't see the Dell Latitude E6430 in either list.  I went and purchased the 12000mAh and I am attempting to use this to charge and power my Dell Latitude E6430.  It powers my Dell Laptop for about a minute and then quits.   Is there a solution for this problem?   And/or is there another Dell Companion type device that I can purchase that is listed as 100% compatible with the Dell Latitude E6430?   I would like to either get this solution working or purchase the product that is listed as 100% compatible.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990270
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello,

My laptop: Dell Latitude E5550 - 15.6" FHD - Core i5 5300U - Intel HD Graphics 5500 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB HDD.

Does anybody know what drivers/software is responsible for displaying On Screen Volume and Screen Brightness Indicator (while pressing Fn+F2,F3,...) ?

What I've found so far that the Dell QuickSet may does the work (link to this solution: No Level Indicator When Using Keyboard Audio Volume Controls), but I couldn't find a compatible version of this soft with Dell Latitude E5550.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/387210-dell-latitude-e5550-screen-volume-screen-brightness-indicator.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Recently i started getting a green screen and a dual screen on my monitor The system works fine but dual screen and the green makes it hard to read Sometimes it works fine when i run diagnostics for couple of hours but Screen Screen BSOD - Dual Green 630 Monittor Dell Latitude and now even that is not working when everything works fine the system automatically shuts down giving a blue screen BSOD when i checked the problem and solution i got the below message that thr are problems Please suggest Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630 me something Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630 the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of ... Read more

A:Green Screen - BSOD and Dual Screen Monittor Dell Latitude 630

Uninstall the video driver from safe mode either from add or remove programs or device manager.

reboot back to normal and install the update display adpater.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/green-screen-bsod-and-dual-screen-monittor-dell-latitude-630.829972/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi. I have a dell xps 13. I purchased it in nov 2012 and it is running windows 8. It has been working perfectly until yesterday. When I turn it on the dell logo flashes up then it stops. I can see the f12 option in the bottom right and have managed to run diagnostics. It says there are no errors. It's like the laptop is running but I can't see anything on the screen. So frustrating. I tried to log a call but the dell site can't recofnise my service tag.

Please help. Kaisha

A:Dell xps 13 won't boot. Stuck after dell logo flashes up

Hi Kaisha,
It would be upsetting when the system is struck at the Dell logo. Please follow the steps provided below that can resolve the issue:
?Restart the computer and tap on Dell logo .Disable ISRT in the BIOS setup menu by selecting SATA mode and changing it to AHCI. .Save the changes and reboot windows.?Reboot from windows and enter BIOS setup menu again to set SATA mode back to RAID.?Restart Windows again and follow the steps below to Enable Intel Smart Response technology?Launch Intel RST UI from system TrayStep?Click Accelerate icon on top of page then click "Disassociate”?Click on “Select Device” under “Accelerated device” as none.?Select HDD and Acceleration mode to "Enhanced mode"?HDD will now accelerate again.
Also, Install the Microsoft update from the below mentioned link:http://bit.ly/TM4KqW
On the above link click on “Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2756872)”
Please let me know about the status of the issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19487684
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all,
I have just acquired a dell Inspiron 5547 laptop. I believe it originally shipped with Windows 8 but the previous owner has upgraded it to Windows 10. I went into the control panel of Windows 10 and chose the option to remove the previous users data and reset the pc. However mid-way into the reset I received an error saying "there was a problem while resetting your pc" and then gave me a few options I selected "continue, exit and continue to Windows 10" however after this the laptop will not boot. It sits on the dell logo and then goes black then returns to the dell logo. I am unsure of what to do, and when I press F8 I cannot access recovery. Do I need to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB? If I do so how will I activate it as the original Windows 8 product key is not on the back. Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984759
Relevancy 85.14%

A new Dell Latitude, Win 7 ( seems diff version from my older inspiron.) Anyhow, capturing audio, via Audicity, from youtube album track 'videos'. Every once in awhile, ?random? , the screen will flash, like the flash on a camera! I have postit notes over the camera and mic's. ANY clues what causes it ( and how to prevent it ) Thanks any and all.

A:New Dell Latitude screen flash - because you'se guys know all

I would be contacting Dell. That sounds more like a hardware problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398222-new-dell-latitude-screen-flash-because-youse-guys-know-all.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I just reloaded windows 98 back on computer, after formating and partitioning hard drive. now my screen resolution wont go higher than640x480. I have windows xp on seperate partition and the resolution while in xp is fine. when i check the properties of the adapters/drivers, they are different. setup says my display is for a ati radeon mobility but i cant find a adapter/driver that will work in 98.

A:dell latitude c610 screen resolution

You have to install your video card drivers. go to www.ati.com and select the "Drivers and Downloads". You should be able to find a copy there. If not, go to www.driverguide.com and sign up. It is free and offers thousands of drivers. You will find it there if nothing else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-c610-screen-resolution.79305/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello!,
Is there any hope to recover data from this laptop? It is a Dell Latitude D620. I get a blue screen even if I try to reinstall Windows XP . The blue windows appears as soon as the laptop tries to install the CD on the hard drive. I ran the diagnostic test and get three error codes: 0F00:1A44, 0F00:0244, and 0F00:075D. Is this a dead hard drive?.....or, is this just something that can be fixed or classified as "software related"? Thanks for your help!

A:Blue Screen on Dell Latitude D620

What test generates the codes?
Have you run the HD test?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-on-dell-latitude-d620.933715/
Relevancy 85.14%

I am trying to fix a friends Dell D600 Latitude Laptop.

They are not very good with computers, and they thought it had a virus so gave it to me to look at.

But when i try to turn it on all the lights light up and it makes a sound like it is going to boot, but doesnt actually boot up. The screen is completely blank. I have taken out the memory and put it back in, tried pressing every F button and using Fn which some people suggested online.

But nothing works, i have also tried putting in the XP disc and also connecting it to another monitor and pressing Fn +F8 but still nothing.

I don't want to give up on it. :(

I am not a computer expert but it makes a noise when i press it on, so to me it still has life

Is there anything i can do??

Thanks.

J

A:Dell Latitude D600 black screen.

Hi and welcome to TSF can you get to the bios by tapping the del key or enter key when booting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-latitude-d600-black-screen-661665.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hya
i have had my dell latitude for about 2-3 years now and over the last 3 weeks the screen (if not put in one certain place) turns white from the top left corner on words . i believe that the LCD screen has be dislodge from the bottom but people have said that it may be the graphics card. i need help please. also, i have heard that if i atatch a moniter to the laptop and the problem continues it is quite possibley the LCD screen. i dont know what to do. i can not tell my mother becuase i will be shouted at for " breaking" it but it is not my fault.
if you could tell me how this has happend and how to fix it i will be forever greatful
thanks
Technoob2011
sorry if this is in the wrong section

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-d630-screen-goes-white.990948/
Relevancy 85.14%

Windows 7 64 bit pro installed. Actually the computer often suddenly restarts without a reason. Today got a blue screen. I followed your instructions and collected the attached files. It would be highly appreciated if you can help in any way.

A:Got blue screen in my Dell Latitude laptop

Hi -

The 3 BSODs are USB related.

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or BSOD.

Upon BSOD, re-run the jcgriff2 BSOD app - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Also, run Speccy - http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Wed Oct 17 14:45:49.546 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\101712-16489-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.17017.amd64fre.win7_gdr.120503-2030
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:30.888
BugCheck D1, {fffffa000bad0018, 2, 0, fffff8800427a075}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbehci.sys
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+6075 )
Bugcheck code 000000d1
Arguments fffffa00`0bad0018, memory referenced 00000000`00000002, IRQL 00000000`00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation fffff880`0427a075, address which referenced memory
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_usbehci+6075
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Oct 15 05:35:49.701 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\101512-15834-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:59.669
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbhub.sys
BugCheck FE, {8, 6, 6, fffffa8006b4a000}
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys ( usbhub+129ec )
Bugcheck code 000000fE
Arguments 00000000`00000008, USBBUGCODE_RESERVED_USBHUB 00000000`00000006, USBHUB_TRAP_FATAL_TIMEOUT 00000000`00000006, TimeoutCode: Timeout_PCE_Disable_Action - PortData->PortChangeListDone - Timeout trying to set Disable bit fffffa80`06b4a000, TimeoutContext - PortData
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xFE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_usbhub+129ec
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Oct 5 01:09:36.821 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100412-22682-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:39.179
BugCheck FE, {5, fffffa8005bb01a0, 80861c26, fffffa800689dc48}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbehci.sys
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+5fac )
Bugcheck code 000000fE
Arguments 00000000`00000005, USBBUGCODE_INVALID_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS The host controller is a physical memory address that was not allocated by SBport driver. fffffa80`05bb01a0, Device extension pointer of the host controller 00000000`80861c26, PCI Vendor,Product id for the controller fffffa80`0689dc48, Pointer to Endpoint data structure
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xFE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xFE_usbehci+5fac

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP (jcgriff2)

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

jcgriff2 - Sysnative Forums

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/got-blue-screen-in-my-dell-latitude-laptop-671185.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Dell Latitude D that I dropped while in its carrying bag so even backlight Dell screen Latitude replacement no after it wasn t a real hard landing Now the backlight won t come on I swapped an entire screen assembly from an identical D and it still won t turn the backlight on I swapped the screens again and the borrowed D still works fine and mine won Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement t work I didn t bother to test my screen in the borrowed D I can run an external CRT with mine and I can see the LCD display if I shine a light on it so I know the display is working and not cracked The laptop won t drive the CRT Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement unless it thinks the lid is down so to use the keyboard I removed the sense magnet from the lid and taped it to the place where it would be with the lid closed I ve noticed in the past that this D often stayed fully on including the display it seemed when I closed the lid and walked away for hours Note When I tested the borrowed screen I had the sense magnet removed When the magnet is taped in place simulating lid down both the backlight and the display are off I can t see the display even when a light is shined on it but when the magnet is removed simulating lid up I get the display with no backlight It seems like the display knows whether the lid is up or down but the backlight seems to act like the lid is always down Is this possible What should I look for nbsp

A:Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

Did you replace the backlight inverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-no-backlight-even-after-screen-replacement.198916/
Relevancy 85.14%

My friend has a dell inspiron laptop which came with windows 8 in it. he has recently updated it to Windows 8.1 and  after restarting it , then onwards problem started where in only black screen appears. Cursor shows up after waiting a long long time,
but waiting even for hours for windows logo it never showed up. Please tell me some solution

He does not have any recovery discs, no windows os file. Now tell me a solution without these things needed.
Model: inspiron 15R7520

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ba4a5ff-304a-482e-9374-ead326a38448/display-just-shows-black-screen-after-showing-the-dell-logo-screen?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 85.14%

my dell desktop has been booting to the xp logo with the green bars cycling throgh then when xp should start booting up it turns black and has the mouse in the middle of the screen this problem occured a while back but needed less power cycles to get the computer to start up to windows XP now it practically will not start and i can only use this computer on safemode when after power cycles yesterday i got it to start up correctly but then suddenly a screen with a weird language took over the screen I hit CTRL ALT Delete but boots logo XP dell then screen to and LOG: black the screen took over again I kept hitting CRL ALT DELETE several times until i could end the proccess called IEXPLORER which seemed to take that screen away and the computer seemed normal and operational LOG: dell boots to XP logo and then black screen here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer Iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PDF Registry Controller quot C Program Files ScanSoft PDF Professional RegistryController exe quot O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ScanSoft PDF Professional -reminder quot C Program Files ScanSoft PDF Professional Ereg ereg exe quot -r quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ScanSoft PDF Professional Ereg ereg ini quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - Extra context menu item Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - res C WINDOWS system GPhotos scr O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -B - D - B- A D Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control - http www maricopa gov assessor gis plugin mgaxctrl cab O - Protocol linkscanner - F C- F - D -A D -FBDDE F D - C Program Files AVG AVG avgpp dll O - Winlogon Notify avgrsstarter - C WINDOWS SYSTEM avgrsstx dll O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service AVG Free E-mail Scanner avg emc - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe O - Service AVG Free WatchDog avg wd - AVG Technologies CZ s r o - C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe O - Service Bonjour Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe O - Service Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service WUSB GSCSVC - GEMTEKS - C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB... Read more

Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Dell Inspirion 3520. When I try to boot up the screen shows the Dell logo in 4 mini screens then it goes to a grey screen.
PLEASE HELP!

A:can't get past the dell logo except a grey screen

howdy and welcome. What is on the gray screen?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-the-dell-logo-except-a-grey-screen.1145361/
Relevancy 85.14%

and now is stuck there Hi I'm Mewty One day i was doing regular computer things and my screen flickered and went to the dell logo The load bar does not move Ofcourse my first instinct was to restart but upon restarting my pc it remained the same I unplugged my computer and then plugged it back in but the screen wouldnt go away so the next day i took it to bestbuy and had geeksquad take a look at it They hooked the tower up and it worked perfectly fine so they told me it wasnt the pc I also have a dell monitor so i assumed the monitor had broken and i borrowed some money and bought a new monitor of a different brand but when i hooked it up it still said dell on the screen I took the pc and both monitors back to geeksquad and had them test both logo(long) the pc My flickered went screen dell and to in the store and both worked fine so again they sent me away When i got home i replaced all my power cables and the cable that connects the pc to the monitor but that didnt work either so i bought a new battery backup Still the dell screen I tried plugging the pc into a different outlet and then two different rooms Right now my pc is hooked up on the diningroom table and i had someone else check how im hooking it up to make sure i did it right but its still My pc screen flickered and went to the dell logo(long) broken Geeksquad wants just to come to the house and look at it and im on disability and cant afford that kind of cash but the problem only seems to be in my home My dad is getting something to test the outlets and is checking the breakers to see if its some kind of wattage problem but his pc is in the next room and is working just fine he has a dell xps Both my hardware and software warrenties with dell have expired If you have any clue whats going on with my pc please let me know its been broken for months and doing all my bleep on my cellphone is annoying

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613345/my-pc-screen-flickered-and-went-to-the-dell-logolong/
Relevancy 84.71%

PC Specs: [According to DXDIAG]

Processor i7-5600U CPU @ 2.60 GHz (4 CPUs), ~ 2.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM
Direct X: 11

Display:

Intel HD Graphics 5500
Render:

NVIDIA GeForce 840M

Do you need sound and input?

Running off battery, fine. As soon as I plug it in, all hell breaks loose inside. Games are so laggy to the point that they are unplayable.

I do not have admin access but I have UniExtract (You'd be surprised at what it can do) and Access to C: Drive.

Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/69896-dell-latitute-e5450-game-lags-when-plugged-into-charge.html
Relevancy 84.28%

The screen panel hinges on a Dell Latitude C610 I have are EXTREMELY loose. Everything else about the system is perfectly fine, it was my main computer for about ten months. But if the screen is not propped against a wall or something, it will fall open or fall shut every single time. Balance the screen in a perfectly vertical position, sure, but if someone walks by or closes a door it will fall open or fall shut. Really annoying. People have actually told me to use duct tape or super glue. Is there an easy, step-by-step guide to (ideally) fixing, or (if not) replacing these hinges? Thanks in advance

A:dell latitude c610 really loose screen hinges

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc610/sm_en/index.htm

Or, more specifically:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc610/sm_en/display.htm#1001090

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-latitude-c610-really-loose-screen-hinges.587059/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hey all A few months ago I got an old mhz dell latitude model PMP just to be able to program pi micro-controllers at school So I didn t need much power or a cd or floppy drive or any thing special so I just got this little striped down one on ebay I got all the gray total Latitude screen Dell to boots software and drivers I needed to program and It was working great but since it was old the battery would only hold a charge for an hour or so and shut it self off One day me and my friend decided to just turn it back on impatiently after it shut off and it came on and stayed on for an hour or so Dell Latitude boots to total gray screen I thought this was great and I could just do this all the time but of course after a hour or so it just died from loss of power Any way when I plugged it back in and turned it on it booted up to a completely grey screen and thats what it has done ever since Now when you turn it on it makes one short little click and brings up a grey screen no bios screen or password prompter once so ever and if you wait about a minute or so it beeps times and restarts and does the same thing over I tried cntl alt del cntl alt enter hitting the button that brings up the bios and even taking it apart and unplugging the cmos battery and nothing helps I realize that this thing is just a old piece of junk and I did something really stupid but I would still like to get it working again mostly out of curiosity Like resetting the bios or something Any help is Much Appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Dell Latitude boots to total gray screen

This is a laptop right? Have you tried connecting and external monitor to see if it displays properly? Maybe the system RAM has died

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-boots-to-total-gray-screen.111433/
Relevancy 84.28%

Today, I was (trying) to upload files on a Micro SD card. I went to "My Computer" and clicked the storage device. It stopped responding, so I ended the program. All the icons disappeared, so I shut down the laptop. When I booted it back up, it did the little windows thing with the logo and blue bars. It then asked me "Start Windows Normally, Last Known Settings, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Safe Mode with Networking, and Safe Mode." I selected "Safe Mode" and it flashed a Blue Screen error and went back to the Windows logo with blue bars scrolling. I then tried selecting all the other options. It still would flash the blue screen error. I need help!

A:Blue Screen Error - Dell Latitude D800

If it won't boot into Safe Mode, some of the XP core files are corrupt or there is a hardware issue. Try booting from your XP CD and perform a repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-error-dell-latitude-d800-383623.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Woke up the computer and all I got was a black screen and a white arrow (mouse cursor). Safe Mode all Version Give the Same. Can only use the computer from bootable media and the repair option under F8. Not sure what programs I need to download / run. Typing this on a different computer. Ran Superantivirus from a Hirens Boot USB and it found things on drive "X" ( likely false positives) and the cookies. Last working did not change anything. Awaiting your answer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632031/black-screen-of-death-win-7-dell-latitude-d620/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,

When I start my Pc, the splash screen appears and the the bar at the bottom of the screen fills up as normal, then it starts again and continues in this cycle.

Any ideas!

A:Dell Latitude D830 splash screen keeps reappearing

Failed hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-d830-splash-screen-keeps-reappearing.159193/
Relevancy 84.28%

I'm trying to help a friend with his Dell Latitude D Win xp pro I'm a rank amateur but know enough to get myself in trouble This notebook has no cd dvd drive or floppy drive just usb When you power it on goes past the DELL splash screen then comes up to 'windows did not start successfully blah blah blah death Dell - d410 of screen blue Latitude and gives me the choices of safe mode with networking with command prompt last known good config or start windows normally tried them all and it keeps coming up to the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH x B xF xc x x I even swapped in a known Dell Latitude d410 - blue screen of death good hard drive and came up to the same BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH I removed the D original hard drive and tried hooking it into my main Dell Studio XPS wind computer to try to access the file system it did not see the drive I then hook it into a good running Dell D Win xp laptop it took a good number of minutes for the Dell Latitude d410 - blue screen of death drive to show up but I couldn't access it I did double-check the known good hard drive by cabling it to other computers and was able to access with no problem and then returned it to it's rightful place in it's properly running laptop I did a search for Create bootable USB drives the easy way and downloaded RUFUS http rufus akeo ie but when I plugged in the RUFUS loaded usb hit F to boot menu chose USB invalid or damaged bootable partition came up Any ideas

A:Dell Latitude d410 - blue screen of death

Do you have all the updates? 
Some BSOD can also be caused by malware/virus infections. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520596/dell-latitude-d410-blue-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 83.85%

this older dell computer had a fake windows security virus on dell after screen logo death of black splash it I managed to get MBAM to work and it cleared it off i thought the next day the display color was all wrong my wife was playing solitaire and said some cards where missing then it froze the only way to shut it down was a hard boot when it came back up after the dell logo it was just a black screen I tried to go into safe mode and all i got was a black screen with a little white cursor line in the top left corner none of the other options worked at all for instance if i tried to go back to the last good configuration nothing just black screen after spending the day reading I got the computer to boot from a disc and load a version of puppy linux and got it back online now I am black screen of death after dell logo splash turning to you guys and your vast knowledge I imagine that that virus corrupted a file somewhere and now windows will not boot I saw several posts that claimed that the file can be repaired and windows will work again however there was not much information on the steps for the repair While I can deal with using linux this computer is used mostly by my kids and they are used to windows Thanks in advance for your help p s I don t think this came with a restore disk when we bought it from Dell

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364299/black-screen-of-death-after-dell-logo-splash/
Relevancy 83.85%

Opened my Inspiron ultrabook today and as it booted up it has been stuck on the black screen with a dell logo. Worked fine the other day and I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help please?

A:Inspiron ultrabook stuck at dell logo screen

Hi Minelson,
To assist you further with this issue, I would request you to help me with the system model and the Operating system installed on the computer. In case you have windows 8 installed, you can try the following steps. 1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS. 2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu. 3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI. 4. Press F10 to save changes and exit. 5. Reboot the system. 6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response. 7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key. 8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows. In case the above steps don’t fix the issue, run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. Please write back, would be glad to assist you further.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19481127
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi.
I've set "uefi ipv4 boot" in first boot sequence on my bios. Since this modification, my computer can't start. I got a black screen before the Dell logo. I've tried to do a bios reset by removing the CMOS battery but nothing changes. I've tried to unplug the HDD, the ram and the CD player but nothing works. When I try to start the computer without ram, it make some bip noises. The BIOS is up to date and I've made a diagnostic from the bios menu one day before the bug, and the diagnostic was OK. Ive tried to press all the functions keys at startup (f1, f2, etc...). I've started to press escape, control, delete, but nothing worked. I've tried to plug a bootable USB key but nothing... Can you help me ?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19716065