Windows Support Forum

Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

Q: Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've had audio problems. At first the audio quality was terrible (hissing, crackling) so I uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers. This fixed the problem but now I find that the audio quality gets worse over time. Once I reboot it goes back to pristine quality and that lasts a day or two but slowly the quality gets worse with more crackling. It's very annoying.

Any idea what's going on? Is it somehow tied to my RAM or some kind of cache that builds up over time?

I'm a noob so bear with me!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60018-progressively-worse-audio-quality-crackling.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi all Earlier today my system began freezing whilst browsing on firefox mouse or keyboard was unresponsive and I could only hard-reset the PC Thinking this was a one off I tried to resume but PC worse? progressively getting minutes later it happened again After another restart I attempted the 'repair system files option' on boot and after this supposedly complete although how successful it was wasnt immediately apparent it tried to boot back into windows but froze PC getting progressively worse? again on the loading screen So I restarted again and things seem to be getting progressively worse The system is now incredibly slow with hard drive operations such as opening folders deleting installing etc But the CPU usage is low according to task manager Things I've tried I have run Hijack This and could find no evidence of anything suspicous further to this I have NOD installed and it's upto date and I havent taken any risky behavior websites downloads etc scan came out clean I have also run Prime to eliminate hardware causes and I havent found any problems nor have I got it to produce a crash I have run windows built in boot diagnostic memory scanner to no avail Right now it's running the bsod program by J Griffiths an admin here and it's been running for well over half an hour now at the 'this may take - minutes point system is still responding though Sadly I didnt have a restore point saved Please advise Vastly appreciated Windows bit upto date Running PC getting progressively worse? trouble free since Gigabyte AM US mobo firmware F Phenom II temps c idle load GB DDR Geforce GT Samsung spinpoint F gb Samsung CDRW DVDRW ' FDD

A:PC getting progressively worse?

Quote: Originally Posted by Lizzy123

Hi all,

Earlier today my system began freezing whilst browsing on firefox 7, mouse or keyboard was unresponsive and I could only hard-reset the PC. Thinking this was a one off, I tried to resume but 45 minutes later it happened again. After another restart I attempted the 'repair system files option' on boot, and after this supposedly complete although how successful it was wasnt immediately apparent, it tried to boot back into windows but froze again on the loading screen.

So I restarted again, and things seem to be getting progressively worse. The system is now incredibly slow with hard drive operations, such as opening folders, deleting installing etc. But the CPU usage is low according to task manager.

Things I've tried....

I have run Hijack This! and could find now evidence of anything suspicous, further to this I have NOD32 installed and it's upto date and I havent taken any risky behavior (websites, downloads etc) scan came out clean.

I have also run Prime 95 to eliminate hardware causes and I havent found any problems nor have I got it to produce a crash.

I have run windows built in boot diagnostic memory scanner, to no avail.

Right now it's running the bsod program by J. Griffiths (an admin here) and it's been running for well over half an hour now at the 'this may take 1-2 minutes point) system is still responding though.

Sadly I didnt have a restore point saved.

Please advise,
Vastly appreciated.

Windows 7 64bit (upto date) Running trouble free since 04/2010
Gigabyte AM2+ US3 mobo firmware F6
Phenom II 945 (temps 52c idle 59 load)
4 GB DDR 2 6400
Geforce 9600 GT
Samsung spinpoint F3 500gb
Samsung CDRW/DVDRW
3.5' FDD

Griff isnt an admin here and his app shouldn't take that long. Did you run it as admin?

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Event viewer (local) and look for the critical errors listed in the last day, week, etc. Then go to the windows log>application tab. Finally the windows Logs>system tabs.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190555-pc-getting-progressively-worse.html
Relevancy 81.27%

It started off with opening any sort of media application like a video or a game and after having it go for - minutes the screen would hard-lock a various assortment and array of Computer worse... progressively is getting colored pixels would sprawl across the screen jumbling it and making it completely unreadable and if any sound was occuring at the time of Computer is getting progressively worse... the freeze it would loop continuously in a most annoying fashion I shut down the computer and restarted It then progressed into a much worse state where upon start-up the black screen the computer is a Dell XPS by the way Graphics card being a Nvidia GT with Intel Quad Core Q processors at GHz The PC is two years old with the big blue DELL logo would have flickering pixels scattered across the screen being much more prominent than before making the screen THAT MUCH more unreadable There were also various colored smiley-face icons at various spots across the screen these appeared most-prominently when I attempted to open my BIOS menu to find some means of fixing this The screen was riddled with them I wondered if this was a hardware malfunction at this point or some sort of virus I wasn t sure why hardware malfunctioning would cause a large portion of the screwed-up pixelated garbage to be taunting smiley-face emotes The pixelation of the screen was so bad I could not even SEE the Microsoft-icon button to press and enter my password for login OS is Windows Vista -bit I had to shut-down again and I decided to leave it until the day after to try again Upon restarting the computer the day after I found that while the computer WOULD turn on have all the sights-and-sounds the fans whirring and what-not the monitor itself would not detect the PC being on an would stay in its passive quot power-save mode and not display the start-up screen and process I thought it might have been a faulty monitor but upon re-attaching my PC to two other monitors which were working perfectly fine with other PC s around the household found the same pixelated garbage Which means it s likely some hardware in my PC The possibilites I ve researched but have not confirmed have been that either the GPU is overheating or dieing or that the motherboard pci-express slot is dieing There is no visible damage of any sort on either part of my PC and I have done a thorough cleaning on my PC fans and what-not to rule out any sort of dust build-up I have no clue what exactly is wrong and am concerned my PC is doomed It seems like a hardware issue but the weird smiley-face pixelation has seriously got me to believing that it COULD be a virus that is messing with some of my hardware Does anyone know what could be the problem and if so how to remedy it Thanks for you re help in advance P S The LED troubleshooting thing inside of the tower has the code quot C quot toggled onto it which I had been led to believe means quot Clear extended memory locations quot or clear memory above MB quot or something like that Also please note that I CANNOT at ALL get my PC to operate It will turn on but only in a power-sense and does not actually fully function nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

A few days ago I noticed some odd things with my computer it would start off with thing like me loading a Myspace page and the music player not loading etc then progressively over the past few days its been getting worse and worse to the point where I can only view my hotmail page just as I turn the comp on but about progressively worse My computer getting is mins after its been turned on the page refuses to load many links on websites wont load MSN disconnects itself and wont reconnect and now my most recent issue of the internet disconnecting itself at times Usualy if a problems cropped up Spybot or Adaware My computer is getting progressively worse usually My computer is getting progressively worse flushes it out but neither of those programs when run normally or in safe mode have done the job Ive tried all I can think of and even my brother doesnt know whats wrong and thats usually quite rare So I did some further research and have seen that some problems have been resolved via a Hijackthis log which I will post a log for my computer in the hope that my problem can be resolved as my life is becoming much more difficult with me living through this machine nearly all of the time hehe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C PROGRA NVIDIA NETWOR Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C PROGRA NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcIp exe C PROGRA NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcLog exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA NVIDIA NETWOR bin nSvcAppFlt exe C PROGRA NVIDIA NETWOR Apache Group Apache bin apache exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings Will CRISISMKII Desktop HiJackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run rare C Program Files Video Access ActiveX Object pmsnrr exe O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUNONCE User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O... Read more

A:My computer is getting progressively worse

Hi and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for any delay in replying, but we have been rather busy lately, and, of course, all our helpers are volunteers.

Since it has been a few days since you first posted, please follow these instructions if you still need assistance.

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop . Note: You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.Close all applications and windows.
Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
When the scan is complete, two text files will open - minimised > extra.txt and maximised > main.txt.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of main.txt back in this thread (do not attach it).
Please attach extra.txt to your post.

To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\Deckard\System Scanner\extra.txt

Click Upload.

I will monitor this thread for your reply.

Thank you for your patience.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-computer-is-getting-progressively-worse-195111.html
Relevancy 80.41%

My system has worse progressively Random problems getting experienced several different problems - unsure if they are related but they have all occurred in very close proximity of each other POST CONTENTS SYSTEM INFORMATION PROBLEM SUMMARY SEE ATTACHMENTS REQUESTED LOGS SYSTEM INFORMATIONIBM Lenovo W Machine Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack OS version Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz Processor MB Memory G Hard disk capacity PROBLEM SUMMARY WiFi Function Removed Attachment Problems began on when my system lost all WiFi capabilities My event log showed that at AM while I was sleeping several components or drivers were removed including Random problems getting progressively worse Intel ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - and Intel Wireless WiFi Link gt Workaround Uninstall Reinstall in Device Manager returned WiFi functionality to system Locked Desktop background screen only Problems returned several days later when my Windows Log-on brought me to a blank desktop screen with NO GUI access to system Drives Taskbar Programs Start Menu Note I was able to bring up Task Manager via ctrl-alt-del then from there open up Task Manager s quot Help Topics quot found a text file that I could quot open with quot Microsoft OneNote which then allowed me to use quot contact us quot link to get me online But this was the extent of my systems functionality gt Workaround IBM ThinkVantage Button similar to the F - Safe Mode option brought me to an IBM ThinkVantage Rescue Recovery program that restored my system to an earlier date Problem with Internet Explorer and Internet Options Attachment The following day or so I ran into my most recent problem When trying to run Internet Explorer it s window would flash open and then immediately flash closed Investigating this problem led me to a secondary and possibly related problem The Internet Options Icon in my Control Pane is altered in appearance and a dud when double-clicked gt Workaround Installed via start-run Mozilla Firefox - giving me internet access and allowing me to navigate to your site create log-on download required log stuff and get you this post REQUESTED LOGS HiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system AtService exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe c program files common files protexis license service psiservice exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe c Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS System ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-problems-getting-progressively-worse.960729/
Relevancy 80.41%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Popups Worse Spontaneous Progressively MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System SCardSvr exeC Program Progressively Worse Spontaneous Popups Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor SDTrayApp exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Progressively Worse Spontaneous Popups WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exeC Program Progressively Worse Spontaneous Popups Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Magicantispy Magicantispy exeC Program Files M PSNLite PsnLite exeC PROGRA M PSNLite PSNGive exec program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exeC WINDOWS system bwctrwgx exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS TEMP win CA tmp exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME Ramo LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run DLA C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgentO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher q... Read more

A:Progressively Worse Spontaneous Popups

Hi,Please uninstall Magicantispy again and don't let it install the next time.Then, * Download Combofix to your desktop.Doubleclick combofix.exeFollow the prompts.Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), combofix will open again to gather the necessary information for the log. This may take a bit. When done, Combofix will close and a log should open, combofix.txt. Post the contents of this log in your next reply together with a new hijackthislog.Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt - unless I ask you to.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/101362/progressively-worse-spontaneous-popups/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi everyone I run progressively Slow Been Computer! worse. getting WinXP sp with G ram Lately my computer has been getting progressively slower It lags when switching between windows or closing windows or opening new programs and programs just Slow Computer! Been getting progressively worse. randomly freeze up mostly firefox MSN and photoshop It does this quite frequently and it never has before It's also been idling at a higher CPU usage than normal At first I thought it may have been my webcam since lately having it on will shoot my CPU usage to - or even sometimes when it wouldn't normally go over in the past I would reinstall the driver but I can't find the CD and can't locate it anywhere on the internet I've come to notice though that even without webcam on my computer is so much slower and more easily overwhelmed than it has been in the past I tried many of the things in your quot slow computer quot forum to see if I could fix it which included defragmenting getting rid of old programs etc etc Anyhow while those things showed temporary improvement it didn't help overall I've been quite hesitant to post on this forum because I'm very afraid of there actually being nothing wrong with my machine and me having wasted your time Though I really can't deal with this lag so I'll bring myself to post anyway Here's my hijackthis log I'm not sure if you require any other logs but if you do let me know D Oh something random My friend once told me I was supposed to have or svchost exe processes running is it bad that i have like seven Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C Program Files CMS Products BounceBack Express BBLauncher exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Nexon Mabinogi npkcmsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C WINDOWS system wisptis exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - MRI DISABLED - no file O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - Toolbar no name - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - no file O - HKLM Run Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX quot C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP quot C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe quot O - HKLM Run PicasaNet quot C Program Files Hello Hello exe quot -b O - H... Read more

A:Slow Computer! Been getting progressively worse.

Hello, Shinerai
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .
We need to run a Scan with DDSPlease download DDS, and save it to your desktop, from one of the following mirrors:This is a mirror
This is another mirror

Disable any type of "Script Blockers" or "Script Protection" installed on your system.
Double click on your desktop.
If prompted by any script blocking tools, please allow any actions taken by DDS.
When prompted to preform an Optional Scan, please select
Two reports will open. Please reply with the generated reports:DDS.txt <-- Copy and paste into your next post
Attach.txt <-- Attach to your next post
We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:DDS.txt
Attach.txt
GMER's Log
Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/slow-computer-been-getting-progressively-worse-310302.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Dear friends The other day I stupidly clicked on this link which purported to show a video of the LHC startup how much of a nerd does THAT make me Link removedI was prompted for a Flash update which I stupidly assented to all the while thinking quot something's not quite right quot Soon after I noticed that google search result links in Firefox were being worse Redirect progressively Trojan---geting redirected to various commercial sites I switched to Chrome which didn't have a problem at first but soon developed the same problem If I requested that the link open in a new tab there was initially no redirect but now it opens multiple empty tabs as well as the link and sometimes crashes Chrome I was running AVG internet security the pay version at the time of the initial infection Adaware Malwarebytes etc failed to find anything I now have Kaspersky internet security installed and it has found nothing on the scan My Hijack This log is below and also attached Any help will be greatly appreciated NickLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system brsvc a exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Redirect Trojan---geting progressively worse Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system brss a exeC Program Files Elantech ktp exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG Redirect Trojan---geting progressively worse exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Redirect Trojan---geting progressively worse Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system tsnp std exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - URLSearchHook no name - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtbbho dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run tsnp std C WINDOWS system tsnp std exeO - HKLM Run KTPWare C Program Files Elantech ktp exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Add to Anti-Banner - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Sec... Read more

A:Redirect Trojan---geting progressively worse

Have since been working on this a lot, following various advice. In case something's changed I've attached a new combofix log and SD report. Thanks for any help. The redirects continue to happen on almost all google links.

Nick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274406/redirect-trojan-geting-progressively-worse/
Relevancy 78.69%

Thanks upfront for your responses and volunteering to help Operating System is Windows worse Google Started gotten Infected Redirecting, - with progressively XP Pro Infected - Started with Google Redirecting, progressively gotten worse V Infected - Started with Google Redirecting, progressively gotten worse SP My computer Dell Optiplex GX is infected with a virus that I first noticed when it started causing my Google searches to be redirected This happens in IE Firefox and Chrome My IE does not launch anymore and also the main program that I need Autocad Civil D has been disabled When I try to launch the program I get the following error quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file quot acad exe Also I cannot log into my exchange outlook email I have been using the web browser version to access my email Normally when I launch Outlook it opens a login in window for me to enter my password this does not happen now Outlook just opens and I cannot send receive new messages I could not run the DDS log when I tried it gave me an error quot This program cannot be run in DOS Mode quot and brought up a txt file with lots of what seems to be random characters writing Also malware bytes will not run I start a quick scan and then it terminates after seconds Mcafee will not run also The GMER log is attached

A:Infected - Started with Google Redirecting, progressively gotten worse

Welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
msconfig
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
%systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.sys /90
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\*.exe /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%PROGRAMFILES%\*
%USERPROFILE%\..|smtmp;true;true;true /FP
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
CREATERESTOREPOINT
Click the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425790/infected-started-with-google-redirecting-progressively-gotten-worse/
Relevancy 70.52%

It s well established that Tim Sweeney co-founder of Epic Games and co-creator of the Unreal Engine is not a fan 10 Sweeney "progressively with worse" Steam Windows make Tim patches thinks will Microsoft of where Microsoft is headed with Windows He s criticised the Universal Windows Platform twice this year claiming that it s an attempt by Microsoft to monopolise what has traditionally been a happily open platform Now in an interview with Edge Magazine Sweeney has become even more direct in his criticisms claiming Tim Sweeney thinks Microsoft will make Steam "progressively worse" with Windows 10 patches that future updates to Windows could serve to erode the usefulness of third-party applications and storefronts like Steam quot There are two programming interfaces for Windows and every app has to choose one of them quot he said quot Every Steam app every PC game for the past few decades has used Tim Sweeney thinks Microsoft will make Steam "progressively worse" with Windows 10 patches Win It s been both responsible for the vibrant software market we have now but also for malware Any program can be a virus Universal Windows Platform is seen as an antidote to that It s sandboxed much more locked down quot quot The risk here is that if Microsoft convinces everybody to use UWP then they phase out Win apps If they can succeed in doing that then it s a small leap to forcing all apps and games to be distributed through the Windows Store Once we reach that point the PC has become a closed platform It won t be that one day they flip a switch that will break your Steam library what they re trying to do is a series of sneaky manoeuvres They make it more and more inconvenient to use the old apps and simultaneously they try to become the only source for the new ones quot While that could technically be true how could Microsoft ever hope to bring down something as gargantuan as Steam either intentionally or inadvertently Sweeney believes they have a plan for that quot Slowly over the next five years they will force-patch Windows to make Steam progressively worse and more broken They ll never completely break it but will continue to break it until in five years people are so fed up that Steam is buggy that the Windows Store seems like an ideal alternative That s exactly what they did to their previous competitors in other areas Now they re doing it to Steam It s only just starting to become visible Microsoft might not be competent enough to succeed with their plan but they re certainly trying quot Sweeney has previously said that the PC has remained at the vanguard of graphics innovation because it s an open platform Microsoft s supposed attempts to turn Windows into a closed platform risks neutering new breakthroughs such as VR before they ve had a chance to flourish Click to expand http www pcgamer com tim-sweeney- gressively-worse-with-windows- -patches nnn Well personally I ve only ever used the Windows store a handful of times once most recently for Forza Apex and I can t see win apps going anywhere tbh nbsp

A:Tim Sweeney thinks Microsoft will make Steam "progressively worse" with Windows 10 patches

I remember reading that original article in The Guardian a few months back - I see he hasn't changed his tune! Seems unlikely that Microsoft could force an end to Steam in favour of their Windows Store... Shame they can't focus on making a top resource that people actually want to use rather than being forced to

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/tim-sweeney-thinks-microsoft-will-make-steam-progressively-worse-with-windows-10-patches.4070864/
Relevancy 61.49%

After having my motherboard graphics card and RAM replaced due to a power surge I have been experiencing high audio latency along with very poor sound quality which includes static noise crackling The sound is similar to that of an untuned radio http puu sh c qgz e d d c png The sound quality is decent when I high (Static and issues audio Audio crackling) latency + am running limited audio programs but when I run multiple Such as Skype Youtube the sound quality starts to become poor The sound quality also becomes poor quite frequently when I am only running one audio program I've already tried going into Device manager and disabling reenabling drivers to see if they were the cause of the problem I've also tried updating the drivers to the latest version Not really sure what to do now help is appreciated gratefully System specs Windows Intel i - GHz GB Kingston HyperX DDR Sapphire HD OC GB GDDR ASRock B M Pro New Version EDIT Searched online pretty much have dedication to fix Audio issues (Static + crackling) and high audio latency this myself and decided it was time for a fresh windows So I reinstalled windows

A:Audio issues (Static + crackling) and high audio latency

FWIW, the DPC Latency Checker is not fully Win 8 compatible (there is notice on their web site) and it can give you false latency hits.

The Resplendence Latency monitor is Win 8 compatible.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/55160-audio-issues-static-crackling-high-audio-latency.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there the newer smart phones have nice powerful processors in them so I was wondering if the DAC Digital Analog converters in these are as good as the ones in a typical LAPTOP computer set up -- bog standard on board sound from a laptop computer -- not high end specialized studio stuff etc My Galaxy audio audio PC vs phone Quality Smart LAPTOP standard of III S phone can play FLAC files and plugging the output into Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio a DECENT set of speakers appears to me to be just as good if not better than the same sound played from the computer - a relatively decent laptop computer Sony VAIO VPCEH with Intel I processor I tested this by connecting the phone DIRECTLY to the pre-amp with the music Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio on the phone's micro sdhc card Had I done it via the USB then that might Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio have needed another DAC conversion so the test cases wouldn't have been the same I use a phone app WINAMP PRO just like the PC version so I can use Folders directories to play the music and it can play FLAC too -- a lot of music phone apps lack this facility which is a shame I like also the quot play by folders quot too -- as I have a lot of Audio books -- saves endless tagging and creating playlists albums --Just point winamp to the directory or file and play it I find also streaming music from the phone to the receiver device seems to work better than messing around with pc software too -- especially on a laptop Another app here -- OrangeSqueeze in conjunction with SQUEEZEPLAYER -does the job of the logitech squeeze server on the laptop The phone will stream music from a Network or any acessible drive to the player device s -- no prob but use the Wifi on the phone --not the DATA content from the phone company otherwise your Bank balance will diminish faster than Spain's Economy Anybody else finding these sorts of apps are replacing similar laptop stuff note high end gear and computers are a different ballgame I used to be very sceptical of smartphones --even have some posts on the forum saying I'd never buy them -- however I have to eat my own words -- the latest crop with the latest Android version are incredibly useful now and possibilities seem quite exciting with what you can do with them Seems to me that we don't need to do much Multi-media streaming from W in the future as your phone will handle it Perhaps Ms is getting this right by gradually withdrawing a lot of multimedia in the standard version of W cheers jimbo

A:Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio

I have a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and a new iPad3, but I would never consider them my "primary" audio playback devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235293-quality-smart-phone-audio-vs-standard-laptop-pc-audio.html
Relevancy 57.62%

My motherboard is a PCCHIPS M848LU V1.2 http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-m848lu.asp and the onboard sound is a C-Media AC97 (I don't know the exacts of it, but I think I can find out) It has up-to-date drivers

I just bought this comp from maincomp.com, its an AMD Athlon XP2600+, maxtor 30gig 7200rpm hd, 128mb ddr pc2100 ram (512 PC2700, whenever it gets here...) nvidia 128mb geforce4mx440, Windows XP Professional SP1a, 52x24x52x cd-rw..onboard NIC, onboard sound.

Anyway, whenever I play *most* (I say most because a few mp3s either from winamp radiostations or mp3s on my harddrive dont crack, but the sound quality is still alittle bad) it cracks some-what badly, some worse than others.. I've tried reinstalling the drivers and messing around with the settings, no help...everythings brand-new, so think it might be defective, or an hardware conflict? Thanks in advance.

A:Sound crackling, bad quality (onbored sound)

Well you could visit the PCCHIPS website and see if they have any updates for the Sound.

Also try another pair of speakers, could be bad speakers or a damaged cable/plug.

Thats a fairly nice machine, however you shouldn't have skimped on the motherboard - its one of the lowest end manufacturers of mobo's.

You may be better off by simple buying a PCI soundcard - I recommend a Creative Soundblaster - and disable the onboard sound. You'll get better quality sound and better performance in games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-crackling-bad-quality-onbored-sound.163522/
Relevancy 57.62%

Recently my speakers started crackling whenever I had the sound on. It's slowly getting worse.

I've tested the problem on a second set of speakers and a pair of headphones. It exists on any set of speakers I use. I ran the sound diagnostics that come with windows and they claim the sound card is working fine. I don't know whether I need to replace the sound card or am suffering from interference from some outside electronics.

Any suggestions?

A:Crackling Audio

Is it onboard sound? A lot of those don't seem to be very good, and if it is I would recomend getting a good sound card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69308/crackling-audio/
Relevancy 57.62%

Greetings one and all I ve recently been helping my housemate with her computer Its a Dell desktop - not the most up to date system but certainly the spec should be sufficient so as not to run into the problem we ve been having When playing music through i-tunes every now Audio Crackling and then there s a skip or crackle in Crackling Audio the music almost like a cd with a scratch on the disc Its the kind of thing you would expect to happen if you were multi tasking in a big way and the processir or RAM was over worked Anyway i ve pretty much shut down all other programs other than i-tunes and or windows media player Crackling Audio and have been keeping watch on the performance in the taskmanager and its not coming near hitting peak for processor activity or ram usage Is there anything else that would effect eh playback of audio in this way I ve made sure both programs are up to date with the latest updates and all downloaded codecs etc I ve also checked the physical hardware and all connections seem to be sound i ve even tried a seperate set of active speakers but this is not helping the situation either Just to give you an over view of the system its a Celeron with megs of RAM Im sure this should have been ample to run these audio management programs without causing any trouble The sound card on board is a SoundMAx integrated digital audio - not sure how much help this offers Any advice you might be able to offer is appreciated as always

It sounds like your hardware buffer is simply set to low. Push up the hardware buffer until the skipping/popping stops.

There is a trade off though, the higher your buffer is set the more latency you will get so find a happy median with no skipping/popping noises and as little latency as possible, but when simply playing music latency should not be an issue.

Hope that this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/112974/crackling-audio/
Relevancy 57.62%

To start off just let me say IM GOING CRAZY Now let me start from the beginning For Crackling Audio the past years I have been using the same G HD without problems but lately it has just been getting full and staying full so i purchased a new Samsung G drive Since i only have sata cable i took my old drive out didnt format it then put the new one in and installed windows vista bit same as old drive Got it running and started installing drivers including sound card and video card After finishing this I transferred files off my my external drive over to this new drive then once finished started playing a video game world of warcraft and noticed stuttering in audio and visual I spent several hours trying to fix this and came to the conclusion it had to be the HDD since my old one this problem wasnt accuring So Audio Crackling I took this drive out put my old one back in and of course no problems No audio or video issues so i figured id just reformat and just Audio Crackling start from scatch with the old drive So once finished i went through my norm and started installing drivers then boom its doing it again so now its not a HDD issue and I once again have the new Samsung drive in Through trial and error I have come to the conclusion that the issue does not begin until I install my graphics drivers Geforce GT I have tried the newest and oldest drivers to no prevail but again I had these drivers working on the old HDD before reformatting that drive At this point I have installed all drivers and have done almost all windows updates as well I am just at a lose I have been searching google for the past days almost all day long posting on forums and getting basicly zero reponses I NEED HELP This happens with sound card installed audigy zs or even if its not installedd and i run my sound through my usb fatality headset which of course has its own sound drivers So at this point everthing is up to date as far as drivers go but once i go into device manager and disable my graphics display drivers the problem disappears How could this be fine before a reformat and doing this after

A:Audio Crackling

Hello Stylez21,
I would start by going over, and checking, what you did when you replaced the HDD's, check all cabling, both power and data, not just to the HDD, but check all MB connections too.
Try a new Sata data lead.
Did you partition the new HDD before installing the OS ?.
Are you using the MB drivers that came with it, or are you Downloading new ones from the makers site ?.
Can you list some system specs too, thanks.
Let us know, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/269230-audio-crackling.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I just recently got a laptop from Dell, and whenever I try to play games (atleast the BF2 Demo and the Ghost Recon Advanced Warrior Demo) the audio makes crackling noises. I do not encounter this problem when playing any Steam games (CS Source or DoD Source)

I tried installing the latest drivers, but that did nothing.

My audio drivers are made by SigmaTel; there was no option for upgrading the sound card when I got my laptop, so I got stuck with that company.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

never heard of sigma audio driver.

But when you play bf2, what setting is your audio set to? your allowed, low, medium, high, and ultra high. Maybe your audio card aint that powerful so you might wanna try lowering audio setting and if you have eax enable, disable it.
Also, i notice both games your having problem with support xfi sound card by creative, so something is going on there. And counter strike which does not support it runs fine for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crackling-audio.470032/
Relevancy 57.62%

Eversince i've had my computer there's been a problem with the audio of cd's and cd roms. A constant crackling that beats in time with the led light on the cd drive no matter what program i use, real player, windows media and others. But if i play a cd without using a program (just press play on the cd drive) then it's ok. Music I've downloaded from the internet or recorded from the cd drive also plays fine. There's no conflicts.

A:crackling audio

I suspect you have the classic VIA chipset audio issue. I have a machine that does the same thing, and there never was a total fix for it. You might try the latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers.

Ignore this advice if you don't have a VIA chipset board, the one thing you didn't specify was the motherboard make or model.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crackling-audio.161319/
Relevancy 57.62%

could this be a problem with my audio driver or I need a new codec I just upgraded my Laptop s operating audio crackling system ASUS X SL from Vista to Windows which went fine but then sound crackles like a popping sound So I went to the ASUS website to check for an update but there wasn crackling audio t one for my model of laptop in Windows I tried the ones for the similar models but they didn t appear to be compatible because they came up with quot No Driver was supported in this driver package quot and then installer closes driver details below Then I went to the Realtek website and downloaded something called Vista Win R exe which was a quot Realtek HD Audio Manager quot and I installed it and it made my sound much worse with very loud crackling So I uninstalled it and everything went back to it was before with small amount of crackling audio crackling This audio manager didn t change the driver at all but did effect the sound so should I my driver is crackling audio called High Definition Audio Device and it is win rtm - When I click the quot update quot button it says there are no updates now I wonder if it is not the Driver could it be the codec THANKS FOR ANY HELP HERE I am waiting to watch Battle Star Galactica without crackling nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crackling-audio.994243/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone. Got an interesting problem as of late. Anytime I am listening to something (Music, watching a video on youtube or from my computer etc. etc.) (especially music from Zune Software) the audio crackles as i do something like change web pages or open up a folder or just do any sort of task that brings up a window or changes one etc. etc.

I've got the SigaMaTel high def Audio CODEC and it's working fine

My graphics card blew up months ago so im running off the onboard thingy but i've never had this problem before!

*vista 32 sp1 home premium dell dimension C521

A:Crackling Audio?

So how long has it been happening? It didnt start when you were running off the Onboard right?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170606/crackling-audio/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have an old HP dv with Crackling CDs from Audio a GCC- N disc Audio Crackling from CDs drive pretty standard from my understanding It has been fine up until lately when audio being played from the CD crackles I tried an audio CD using iTunes and then using WMP and the crackling is on both However after I rip the files to the hard drive and play them back they sound great This eliminates a sound Audio Crackling from CDs card problem It sounds like a pretty consistent crackle like a pop every second or so that makes it sound like it is skipping An interesting note I also played a video from a burnt data CD and Audio Crackling from CDs the crackling exists there too That was played in iTunes WMP and VLC all with the same crackling I ve pretty much narrowed down to either a bogged down processor or something wrong with the drive that makes the transfer slow Maybe a buffer problem Other than audio playback nothing not even file transfers seem hindered Copying from CD to Hard Drive drag and drop style works just fine Anyone have any idea what could be going on or what I could try to fix it Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-crackling-from-cds.821634/
Relevancy 56.76%

My brand new acer laptop s audio slows an crackles when loading pages even under light CPU usage Ive updated all drivers and still no fix its very annoying especially since I m huge internet radio buff and have a klipsch system that makes almost every imperfection noticeable The sound is prevalent on the crappy laptop speakers as well Im using a Belkin N router and the connection is always strong this happens when its plug into my mbs fiber-optic broadband too W7 in audio Crackling and Slowing please help The sound card is quot Slowing and Crackling audio in W7 Realtek Hd Audio quot AMD Athlon single-core processor TF- with -bit platform MHz system bus with Cool n Quiet and HyperTransport technologies and Enhanced Virus Protection for Windows AMD technology Provides simultaneous support for -bit and -bit computing including today s -bit applications and tomorrow s -bit software GB DDR memory For multitasking power expandable to GB Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW drive with double-layer support ATI Radeon HD graphics Features up to MB of HyperMemory for lush images Multi-in- media reader Supports Secure Digital MultiMediaCard Memory Stick Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats high-speed USB ports For fast digital video audio and data transfer Built-in InviLink high-speed wireless LAN b g Draft-N Connect to the Internet without wires Built-in fast Ethernet LAN With RJ- connector for quick and easy wired Web connection Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition -bit operating system preinstalled Provides a stable operating platform

A:Slowing and Crackling audio in W7

I wonder if your problem is the onboard sound device, or software? Perhaps you could uninstall the sound and then reinstall. But first I would be raising heck with ACer support. A whole lot of their products are 'refurb' so there's no way to verify good/new/used when the purchase is made.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282727/slowing-and-crackling-audio-in-w7/
Relevancy 56.76%

Whenever I play any audio, regardless of the source, the audio has a crackling noise that can either simply be annoying or at times make the sound indecipherable. I have tried to see if it would go away by restarting my computer and using a headset instead of the speakers and still it remains there.

My computer is a Windows 7 64 bit desktop with an Intel I7 processor and 4 gb of RAM. It is 2 years old.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Bradley

A:Computer audio crackling

I would uninstall the audio drivers...reboot, then reinstall same.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440709/computer-audio-crackling/
Relevancy 56.76%

HI! I have a new HP HDX16t Notebook. Awesome PC however I noticed that when I listen to audio like in iTunes and Winamp or the Windows Media Player it will occasionally hiss or crack or pop for like a half of second. Doesn't do it that often but it's doing it enough where something isn't right. I noticed it really does it when a web page is loading. Now keep in mind I have a pretty good computer and am not overloading anything so it shouldn't have a problem. Browsing a site should not cause the audio to crack or pop. Anyway click my profile for my system specs.

IDT HD Audio Codec that I have reinstalled with the latest drivers twice now.
Did a Factory Restore of my system and the problem still persists.

Any help is appreciated, thanks

A:Crackling & Hissed AUDIO

Try this
Tips for fixing common sound problems

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/244811-crackling-hissed-audio.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an audio problem then before upgrading to Windows or the anniversary update the audio working properly after updating I noticed right away that the sound is cracklingthis problem it is tied to the bass itfor example it happens when I'm watching a video on youtube and step to another video without pausing the video the other videos that I will see will have this problem of crackling and the only way to solve this problem is to stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation audiodg exe But after the problem recurs happens very often and it is very annoying my sound system is IDT DTS Sound I tried to reinstall the drivers with the latest version and I also formatted the pc but no dice the problem persists I only noticed that the problem is more feel when the bass setting is higher or when I change the audio setting to my likingespecially the problem plaguing the Hz and hz channelsI kindly ask for help has also Crackling + IDT audio DTS SOUND become really annoying Crackling audio IDT DTS SOUND + because without my custom settings is really horrible Also here are not the only one with the same problem since it's full of people who complain please push the update to sp driver to a solution Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Crackling-audio-IDT-DTS-SOUND/td-p/5817689
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a HP Pavilion dv4 1120us, ever since I got it the sound has been making a popping noise. I've already gotten it replaced once and still does the same thing. I think it might be the motherboard but I'm not too sure. Help please.

A:Crackling Sound - Audio

P

does it make the sound all the time? can you boot into safe mode by hitting F8 repeatedly while booting. does the sound stio?
ken

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/255584-crackling-sound-audio.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys I'm new to the Seven Forums and are very pleased with the detailed answers that everyone gives They are very Audio! Crackling/Static well informed and most give very simplistic instructions Just thought I'd put that out there So anyways to my problem To get to the point I'll put this in point-to-point format About two days ago I bought a - audio jack to connect my guitar to computer A couple of failed attempts at connecting and I finally got it to work I downloaded Asio all to reduce latency when recording Mixcraft was the recording software After I was done recording my problems arose Here I'll go into a little more detail I got on World of Warcraft to play with some friends and I noticed that my audio was make crackling noises I had WMP playing Crackling/Static Audio! in the background and all the sound get distorted After I closed WoW everything sounded fine no noise whatsoever When I reopened WoW the crackling noises started to arise again I then went online and checked to see if my video was the same I went to Youtube Megavideo and both still had the crackling noises It was even worse in full screen as the video lagged as well Now here's everything I did to try and solve the problem -Reinstalled and updated my audio drivers I use realtek HD -Tried Vista and manufacturer drivers as well -Checked my latency with DPC latency checker-all green -Searched seven and other forums for an answer-nothing -Tried a system restore-nothing -Tried both speakers and headphones same crackling static noise -Updated from both Realtek and Microsoft for the drivers-nothing -Tried different web browsers-same static noise I use Firefox So yeah I've tried many solutions Crackling/Static Audio! yet no luck My sure fire thought is that I somehow damaged my sound card It was only after I successfully was able to hear my guitar when connected did the problems arise Now I'm not a computer tech who knows things such as BIOS or that sort but I'm fairly decent with solving an issue on Windows that is if I can see a taskbar and mouse So what are you guy's take on this Anything else that might be the problem I could try ANY answers would be a great help Thank you all in advance --Also below I posted my system specs and any other info you might need O My regards scooter

A:Crackling/Static Audio!

scooter11, welcome to the forums.

Unless ouy missed listing it, in all of that the one thing I don't see id uninstalling Asio4allto see if that is the cause of the problem.

Also the Audio tab from your dxdiag screen shot is not for the onboard Realtek, but a USB Logitech headset which won't use anything from the onboard audio as it uses a different driver and is essentially a sound card unto itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/96287-crackling-static-audio.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Alright so this problem has been annoying me for about a week now It s soundcard crackling, audio usb using begun to get on my nerves I have my laptop set up to play music on my hi-fi through a USB audio interface I hear audio crackling, using usb soundcard crackle The kind that you hear on vinyl Let me describe my set up I m using foobar to output sound to a USB audio interface audio crackling, using usb soundcard Creative Sound Blaster Digital Music SX via ASIO The sound card sends audio to my pre-amp over optical cable The pre-amp then sends analog audio to the amp and so on The media is all flac It is stored on a NAS and is being access over a wifi connection There is no crackle at all if I play a CD The CD player is connected directly to my pre-amp Things I ve tried ASIO Crackle is still there I have checked and double checked that foobar is using ASIO for output VLC WMP other software No improvement Storing and accessing the media locally No improvement Using MP instead no improvement Buffer entire file to RAM before playing no improvement Drivers all latest versions Changing cables no improvement Now I know the problem is with my audio crackling, using usb soundcard laptop because If I use my brother s or any other computer laptop the sound is perfectly smooth The question is how do I isolate and then fix it Also My laptop is quite old years Although changing it is on the cards it is currently out of the question due to budgetary issues I can budget upto on any other hardware to fix this problem though Thanks in advance nbsp

A:audio crackling, using usb soundcard

Just a shot in the dark...

I've encountered Static and Crackles if anything besides Master and Wave are not muted in the Windows Volume Control Panel (specificly Mic).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-crackling-using-usb-soundcard.975542/
Relevancy 56.76%

My brand new acer laptop s audio slows an crackles when loading pages even under light CPU usage its very annoying especially since I m huge internet radio buff and have a klipsch system that makes almost every imperfection noticeable The sound is prevalent on the crappy laptop speakers as well Im using a Belkin N router and the connection is always strong this happens when its plug into my mbs fiber-optic broadband too please help AMD Athlon single-core processor TF- with -bit platform MHz system audio help! Crackling and Slowing - bus with Cool n Quiet and HyperTransport technologies and Enhanced Virus Protection for Windows AMD technology Provides simultaneous support for -bit and -bit computing including today s -bit applications and tomorrow s -bit software GB DDR memory For multitasking power expandable to GB Multiformat DVD RW CD-RW drive with double-layer support With x resolution showcases your movies and games in stunning clarity GB Serial ATA hard drive rpm For fast read write times ATI Radeon HD graphics Features up to MB of HyperMemory Slowing and Crackling audio - help! for lush images Multi-in- media reader Supports Secure Digital MultiMediaCard Memory Stick Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats high-speed USB ports For fast digital video audio and data transfer Built-in InviLink high-speed wireless LAN b g Draft-N Connect to the Internet without wires Built-in fast Ethernet LAN With RJ- connector for quick and easy wired Web connection Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition -bit operating system preinstalled Provides a stable operating platform

A:Slowing and Crackling audio - help!

Laptop speakers are hardly the greatest speakers
You'd probably be better off with a pair of external speakers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/278182/slowing-and-crackling-audio-help/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just bought windows 7 for the first time and after installation and installing all drivers I realized I only had one issue. For some reason when audio starts or ends there is popping/crackling noise. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm using a Sennheiser PC 350 headset and on board audio from this Gigabyte Motherboard.

A:Audio Popping/Crackling

Do you get the same pops/cracks if you use speakers instaed of the headset?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/94931-audio-popping-crackling.html
Relevancy 56.76%

thanks for taking the time to read this and help me with my problem ok the problem is i started to install Crysis Warhead and i started playing it and there was no audio so i unplugged my headphones and plugged em back in nothing still so i saved my game and quit then all i was hearing noise Audio Crackling was crackling so i unplugged my headphones and plugged them into my Audio Crackling noise laptop and it was fine so i was like wtf so i explored the interwebs and found someone who said updating thier bios fixed their problem so i updated from P -A to P -A and i still heard it so right Audio Crackling noise now im updating my realtech HD audio codec although many people said it didnt work for them so i was going to go ahead and post this thread while i do this and look into other methods edit updating the audio driver did not work edit i updated my system specs so that should help more

A:Audio Crackling noise

Welcome to SF.

Your first attempts were what I would have done. If the audio driver doesn't help, try rolling back your computer to a date prior to the installation of Crysis Warhead.

**EDIT**

And we have an excellent forum for Vista support at:

http://www.vistax64.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/132049-audio-crackling-noise.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've been getting audio crackling a lot, makes gaming not enjoyable at all. Tried re-installing realtek drivers, didn't work. Removed realtek audio and used generic audio drivers, still didn't work. I've tried both the i/o and the motherboard, I've tried disabling audio enhancements but that doesn't help either. The crackling gets worse when the CPU is working, not as bad when it is idle so it might be a latency issue. Any ideas?

A:Severe audio crackling

Hi, I got the same problem but not quite as bad as you, had this many times before on different systems and there is a tonne of factors to take into consideration (currently I'm working through my own to solve the yet again, post reinstall)... but to keep it simple to start with do you have FFDshow installed ? some games do not like that and you can disable it for that game if that is the case... Do you have any Codec pack's installed ? for example I think my current problem is related to Klite Codec pack, well more specifically the LAV Audio... Sorry maybe not much help to you so far but I think we do need to know if you have any of these, Codec packs, FFDshow or whatever before troubleshooting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/334917-severe-audio-crackling.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Heya Sorry if I ve posted this in the wrong place - it s my first time here This is a problem that s become increasingly apparent in the last few weeks to the point where it s become a genuine issue rather than a nuisance If I m playing any sort of audio - streaming Youtube videos windows sounds music through Media Internet crackling used whenever Audio Player etc - at the same time that information is being downloaded through my internet connection even opening a webpage the audio crackles and pops until the download is complete Although opening a page doesn t cause a huge Audio crackling whenever Internet used issue as the audio only crackles and stutters for a second or two downloading a larger file makes the audio unusable This happens when Audio crackling whenever Internet used using both Firefox and Internet Explorer and only through wireless since I haven t got the opportunity to try out a cabled connection It happens regardless of power scheme and is unaffected by whether or not the laptop is plugged in It Audio crackling whenever Internet used isn t a question of slow internet either since multiple other computers in the house access the internet without any stuttering audio at all This is happening on a two-month old laptop with the following specs Acer Aspire G Intel Core Duo T at Ghz Mhz FSB and MB L Cache GB DDR RAM a b g Wireless support via an Intel Pro Wireless ABG adapter GB HDD with the following model number WDC WD BEVS- UST The audio device is simply as listed as Realtek High Definition Audio Windows Vista Home Premium fully updated - if it makes a difference the crackling only started after using Windows update a few times The only yellow exclamation mark I have in my Device Manager is next to the to Adapter under Network Adapters but from what I can tell removing it or trying to update the driver doesn t really achieve anything since I don t believe my laptop is using to anyway There are no additional devices plugged into the laptop To be honest I d have though a relatively high-powered laptop like this would be capable of running a browser and a media player at the same time Any help would be massively appreciated and if I have omitted anything important please tell me Thanks a bunch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-crackling-whenever-internet-used.789612/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all;

Question about the audio on my laptop. Have any of you ever experienced "popping" during audio playback? It says the drivers are working ok. It never threw a code or anything. Any suggestions, ideas as to goings on?

A:Crackling and popping audio.

This is a fairly common complaint, although there haven't been many lately. If you search through the postings here you will find a lot of them. Unfortunately there is no "one fix" for this problem. Drivers are one issue, make sure you have the latest (and correct) driver for your sound device. Video card drivers is another known cause. Wi-Fi is another known cause.

Just have to start, one at a time, updating drivers and trying to isolate what the problem is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/328514-crackling-popping-audio.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've recently noticed that the sound coming through my speakers is heavily distorted and crackly. It's not the speakers themselves; they have been tested. I thought that the port might be loose, but it happens with anything plugged into the front jack as well. The Audio Troubleshooter from Microsoft claims no issues; I have attempted to uninstall and then reinstall the latest Realtek HD Audio drivers, and seen no improvements. I'm at a loss as to what else it could be.

A .txt file of my Speccy output is attached.

Thanks!

A:Distorted and crackling audio

This can be a frustrating problem to find a solution. I once had the problem with an old Creative sound card and a driver update resolved it. That was the easy solution. The harder diagnosis is with interference. You may have interference coming into your system from elsewhere, or it may be internal or coming from the motherboard itself. You can look at the problems others have had at this link to see how some found it frustrating to diagnose and solve.

I would first try removing possible sources of interference. What other devices do you have connected to the power strip the computer is plugged into? If you have a phone, printer, or scanner plugged into the same power strip, plug them into another strip or a different circuit altogether in your home. You also may try shutting down the system and making certain all internal cards and wires are firmly connected. Over time some things can work themselves loose somewhat especially if you've recently moved the system for any reason.

Hope this helps lead you to an idea that will resolve the problem. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/329967-distorted-crackling-audio.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I've been getting this sound problem for a few days now, and it's really getting on my nerves. Whenever I try to play a game or do something that requires my computer to work a little, I get this very annoying crackling/popping sound coming from my speakers/headphones. I have 8GB of RAM, and I never see my CPU usage or my memory usage reach 100%, so it's not like my computer can't handle a game or two. This only started happening randomly one day. I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with my headphones, speakers, or the games I play, because I've tried re-installing, using different headphones, etc. The audio has also crackled a few times randomly, even when I'm not doing much on the computer. Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482622/audio-poppingcrackling/
Relevancy 56.76%

Yeah pretty much the title for some backstory about two weeks back I downloaded some new songs I bought some new in-ear earbuds to use so that night i issue Audio crackling tried Audio crackling issue to test them out with the new songs I downloaded on my iPod I converted the songs from flac format to wav so they could be played on my iPod and that night I tried the new earbuds and everything was fine About days or so after that I noticed some crackling in the songs I added which wasn t there Audio crackling issue at the beginning I thought the earbuds were just faulty so I tried some other ones I had that worked fine in the past They never crackled or anything so I tried with them The crackle was still there So I thought hey maybe the song is messed up I re-converted added and played the song again but the crackle remained Tried both sets of earbuds and some recording headphones Crackled in all three of them So I figured the song was just screwed and started listening to some other music that never crackled or anything before The other songs now crackle At this point I m getting pretty pissed off So i plugged in my headphones to my pc and played the raw flac files for the songs I downloaded and first noticed the crackle in I figured maybe something was up with my iPod but the crackle still happened I asked some friends who also downloaded the same songs and they said they never heard any crackle or anything The crackle even comes through my speakers fast-forward to now most of my songs have some degree of crackling and popping on my iPod and it s getting on my nerves The crackling is still there on my PC too so I m assuming theres some sort of issue with iTunes and quicktime or something The only other thing I installed before the crackling happened was AVG free but I don t really see how that could muck it up The only thing that leads me astray from the idea that iTunes and Quicktime are the culprit is that I used MPC-HC to play the raw flac files and there was still crackling EDIT I built this computer about months ago and never had this problem before just sayin Random system info just because Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A TD-V EVO Rev X x MT BK Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled yeah I assume I m going to have to reinstall a bunch of random crap If it comes to reformatting oh god I am going to be so angry nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey,
I've got a relatively new PC and have been encountering occasional problems. Sometimes if I open a new tab on my browser, or when I'm watching a film, or playing games, my PC lags (sort of stalls) slightly and the audio crackles this occurs for around 1 seconds.

This is quite a difficult one to troubleshoot and it could be from a variety of sources.

I should mention I've blue screened multiple times over the last couple of months and if I remember correctly it's was something to do with physical memory crash dump.

My hardware is up to date, so I have no clue what would be causing this.

Would appreciate your help

Thanks,
Jay.

Specs:
Windows 7 64bit
i7 2600k 3.4GHz (Stock)
1st HD - 60GB SSD (Windows is running on this)
2nd HD - 2TB
GPU - GTX 570
RAM - 8GB 1600MHz
Sound - Realtek HD audio (But I use a USB headset for sound)
PSU - 750w

A:Windows 7 Lag/Audio Crackling

Hi and Welcome to TSF

little more info about your system
RAM in which config (2x4) (4GB x2) ?
WHat make and model of power supply
SSD was the firmware updated after the installation of OS ?

Drivers, did you update your drivers for your motherboard from their website or used the cd that came along with it? or did not install drivers at all cuz windows installed them for you?

Follow this and post the files
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-lag-audio-crackling-640314.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys, as the title suggests i often get distorted/crackling audio through my headset/speakers, and have had this problem for a very long time. I have tried numerous suggestions to fix this issue, but it seems they have all had no effect This distortion/carackling is becoming a real nusance, and appears to hit the performance of my computer fairly drasticly at times. I'd appreciate any suggestions that may finally deal with this stubborn issue at last. I have attatched some of the results from the DPC latency scanner to hopefully help find the root of this problem.

thanks in advance- Kevin fitz

Relevancy 56.33%

Dear HP Support Team nbsp There are many discussions on this issue Of course some of them are solved BUT I'm sure that a lot of people are experiencing the same problem as me namely each time the GPU throttles observed with nbsp GPU-Z and or nbsp EVEREST and or GPU Observer Sidebar Gadget it causes a DPC latency spike k as in my case measured with DPC Latency Checker which causes sound glitches audio crackling popping stuttering when I listen to a music browsing the Internet for example nbsp You can be sure I'm not alone nbsp So my question is why there is still no solution to this problem excepting the disable powermizer for those who use nVidia graphic card or disabling Windows Aero I have this problem more than two years since I bought my HP Compaq p GC EA CRACKLING, POPPING, STUTTERING AUDIO with Windows Vista preinstalled and now with Windows Ultimate nbsp AUDIO CRACKLING, POPPING, STUTTERING Please reply Thx nbsp P S Here're some discussions to this subject dv - ca sound crackling once every minutesCrackling Noisedv cl Crackling sound playing mutimedia with speakers or headphonesSound distorts pops while surfing internet on dv usDV - ei - popping and crackling sound while playing any musicYou can find more by searching to the forums Notebook PC Sound and Audio nbsp and using the AUDIO CRACKLING, POPPING, STUTTERING tags CRACKLING POPPING STUTTERING

A:AUDIO CRACKLING, POPPING, STUTTERING

I have the same problem, only mine only does it on start-up and shutdown.  Brand new dv7 3174 right out of the box and it's got deffects.  Does HP not turn these on and test them before putting them on shelves???  This is ridiculous it's gone on this long and HP has offered no solution.  Also i spoke to HP on the phone today and they state that there is no record of this being an issue.......... yet all one has to do is google the issue to find out that most if not all of there customers are experiencing these same issues.  I personally would not buy HP again after this, the sales guy tried to talk me into buying a different name brand at the store and I didn't listen cause I liked the DV7, so maybe I brought this on myself.  SHAME ON HP FOR THERE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT ALONG WITH RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/AUDIO-CRACKLING-POPPING-STUTTERING/td-p/258460
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed win7 64-bit in my pc 2 weeks ago and found a crackling sound while playing audio.I checked that all drivers are up to date and working properly.I later installed xp in D drive and found audio working fine.I dont want to uninstall win 7.Please somebody help.
thanks in advice.........

A:crackling sound while playing audio

Check that either in the bios or in a program that start with Windows, that no cpu throttling is happening.

(Commonly called Speedstep, Cool n Quiet or things like that in the bios.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41171-crackling-sound-while-playing-audio.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently started hearing crackles in youtube videos and notice that on the task manager when watching them system interrupts were using 1-5% of the cpu. When nothing is open on the computer it hoovers around 0-0.3%. I get sound crackling only when using html5 as the video player. I am using chrome and it also happens with IE. And now I started to notice that my mouse pointer background process ring starts popping up every minute or two sometimes more frequently than that. I do not know if theese are all connected but I do know I can't whatch a video without the crackling driving me crazy. Please help!

A:Audio crackling and system interrupts

Download and run the free Resplendece Latency Mon. It may help you isolate what the problem is.

Resplendence Software - Advanced System Tools and Developer Components

There is also a "DPC Latency Checker" program but it is invalid for Windows 8/8.1 so don't use that.
Popping and crackling are often reported audio problems. There is no "one fix" for the problem. Each one has to be handled individually. One instance may be the sound driver, another may be a video driver, another could be wi-fi, etc.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/65613-audio-crackling-system-interrupts.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an Advent 7111 Laptop. Was running at super speed, one day i turned it on, it took 7 minutes to load of to my desktop, audio is crackled and its running ridiculously slow.

I have run and AVG and a Spybot and neither came up with any major problems?!
help!

A:Crackling Audio and a 7 minute startup

Assuming you are running XP, check the Device Mnager to see if anything hardware wise is out of whack. RIGHT click My Computer and choose Properties, the choose the Hardware Tab. Click on the Device Manager button. The list should show normal if there are all + marks by each device catagory. If something is wrong, you will see a YELLOW mark by it denoting what is not working properly. Post back with what you find there. There are over 1000 things that will make your computer run slow, so this is a start.
Also post back any changes you recently made like loading software or uninstalling software, even updates if any.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crackling-audio-and-a-7-minute-startup.613509/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am using a microsoft headset, and when i listen to music on youtube it skips and crackles, is there any way to fix this?

A:Audio is skipping and crackling (Windows 7 64 bit)

Have you looked over the multitude of posts on here about popping and crackling? and tried some of the suggestions?

However, "skipping" can just be a busy youtube and it's really "buffering". I have a high speed cable connection (20 plus Mbsec) and occasionally I get youtube buffering.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/121350-audio-skipping-crackling-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Audio is crackling when internet is connected wired or wifi tried numorous fixes but nothing works Here is my mon latency test result seems like NDIS driver might be the culprit but what to do i can't find it anywhere on the laptop Maybe someone can suss out this test result Thanks in crackling connected is when Audio internet advance CONCLUSION Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs clicks or pops One or more Audio crackling when internet is connected DPC routines that belong to a driver running in Audio crackling when internet is connected your system appear to be executing for too long At least one detected problem appears to be network related In case you are using a WLAN adapter try disabling it to get better results One problem may be related to power management disable CPU throttling settings in Audio crackling when internet is connected Control Panel and BIOS setup Check for BIOS updates LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for h mm ss on all processors SYSTEM INFORMATION Computer name NEIL-PC OS version Windows Service Pack build x Hardware E A E A E A EA EA SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Logical processors Processor groups RAM MB total CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHz Measured CPU speed MHz approx Note reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event Highest measured interrupt to process latency s Average measured interrupt to process latency s Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency s Average measured interrupt to DPC latency s MEASURED SMI IPI AND CPU STALLS The SMI IPI and CPU stalls value represents the highest measured interval that a CPU did not respond while having its maskable interrupts disabled Highest measured SMI or CPU stall s REPORTED ISRs Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal Highest ISR routine execution time s Driver with highest ISR routine execution time ACPI sys - ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total ISR routine time Driver with highest ISR total time hal dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation Total time spent in ISRs ISR count execution time lt s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time - s ISR count execution time gt s REPORTED DPCs DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution Highest DPC routine execution time s Driver with highest DPC routine execution time ndis sys - NDIS driver Microsoft Corporation Highest reported total DPC routine time Driver with highest DPC total execution time rspLLL sys - Resplendence Latency Monitoring and Auxiliary Kernel Library Resplendence Software Projects Sp Total time spent in DPCs DPC count execution time lt s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time - s DPC count execution time gt s REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory... Read more

A:Audio crackling when internet is connected

Just came across this VIA VT6132 network drivers for Microsoft Windows 7 64bit
Is it worth a go?Is it safe?
PS It says - Fix the SV feedback RTL8370 Gigabit switch issue for VT6130

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/284890-audio-crackling-when-internet-connected.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,Recently the sound from my speakers has started to crackle when I am in a game and also when a UAC window pops up. I have used DPC Latency Checker and seen that when the audio crackles, the latency is very high. This screenshot shows the results of a UAC window popping up and being closed at the point when the bars are red.I was hoping it would resolve when I re-installed windows 7 and updated my drivers but the crackling still persists. By checking DPC latency when some devices were disabled in Device Manager one by one, I noticed that without my graphics card (nVidia GeForce GTS 250 512MB) driver installed, the audio crackling and latency was gone. (Screenshot)Obviously this can't be a permanent solution. Any ideas?Cheers.

A:Audio crackling in game (DPC latency)

Well...I would not draw a correlation between video drivers...and sound...but stranger things happen daily.

In any case, have you tried reinstalling same drivers anew?

Or uninstalling your audio drivers and then reinstalling same?

Of course...your speakers could be the problem.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458683/audio-crackling-in-game-dpc-latency/
Relevancy 56.33%

In the last week, all sound on my laptop has started to crackle slightly. I changed headphones, but realized that thats not the problem. If i increase volume, the crackling gets worse, and distortion really sets in. Strange....only started happening last week. I have tried reinstalling my sound card driver, but no change there. Have looked around all my audio settings but cant find any clues. music etc is still listenable, but there is just a faint crackle constantly annoying me. and distortion if i turn the volume up louder.

Does this mean my sound card is wearing out?? or is it a physical prob inside?

my sound card is : Conexant AC link audio
i have windows xp home edition on a HP compaq nx4800

any help would be much appreciated!!

alex

A:Crackling Audio/slight Distortion!

I have a similar problem, I'm thinking its a power problem. Maybe its a virus out there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102129/crackling-audioslight-distortion/
Relevancy 56.33%

My audio will not stop crackling, popping, and skipping. I've seen this on the boards before and it seems to be a running problem with no fix. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the devices, updating the drivers, and everything else, but nothing seems to work.

A:HP 2000 Audio Crackling and Popping

Hi @weskara, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP 2000-2d68NR Notebook and the Audio crackling. Try-1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.2. Click Playback Devices.3. Click Speakers.4. Click properties.5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.7. Apply the properties.8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook and try the sound. If that does not help, here is a document that shows you how to restore BIOS factory default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook. Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-2000-Audio-Crackling-and-Popping/td-p/5592665
Relevancy 56.33%

I need help with Sony Vegas 8.0, because for some odd reason after not changing or messing with any settings, audio started to crackle and sound terrible even though nothing was changed and I was only reviewing my current project.

I also tried messing around with my threshold and dB settings and everything I tried rendered the same effects. I even tried turning alot of things to default. I also read somewhere that a cellphone or home phone could do this and I tried unplugging my phone next to the computer and that didn't help ( eh it was something to try ).

So hopefully someone can help me here!
Edit: I apologize for this post I no longer need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vegas-8-audio-crackling.721737/
Relevancy 55.47%

so i got this laptop yesterday and everything works fine, but when i start up a video game like overwatch or guild wars 2 some intermittent popping or crackling noises start happening and it's kind of disconcerting this happens with both the onboard speakers and headphones it's only when playing games though, with youtube and general use it's fine i contacted the chat support today and did a clean reinstall of my display drivers, one person suggested it was a problem with the computer's keyboard (?) and i've been trying to disable it and just use a usb connected one to see if that held any water but i don't know how to do that without the keyboard just reinstalling itself immediately any ideas? 

A:Lenovo Z70-80 80FG, crackling/popping audio

posted this kinda preemptively, updating BIOS seems to have fixed it for now

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z70-80-80FG-crackling-popping-audio/td-p/3452589
Relevancy 55.47%

so i got this laptop yesterday and everything works fine, but when i start up a video game like overwatch or guild wars 2 some intermittent popping or crackling noises start happening and it's kind of disconcerting this happens with both the onboard speakers and headphones it's only when playing games though, with youtube and general use it's fine i contacted the chat support today and did a clean reinstall of my display drivers, one person suggested it was a problem with the computer's keyboard (?) and i've been trying to disable it and just use a usb connected one to see if that held any water but i don't know how to do that without the keyboard just reinstalling itself immediately any ideas? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Z70-80-80FG-crackling-popping-audio/td-p/3452589
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

For the past few days I've been trying to fix the sound stuttering when I'm listening to music, and after monitoring the dpc latency it seems to be caused by a bad driver. I've updated all my drivers and tried finding which one is causing the latency spikes but no luck so far.

DPC latency when i'm not getting stutters:
Yfrog - dpc1

Stuttering:
Yfrog - dpc2
Yfrog - dpc3

Also, I don't know if this means anything but when I open up hwinfo32 and the hardware summary is shown, i get this pattern:
Yfrog - hwinfodpc (big screenshot)

When I close the summary it's back to normal. Does this mean it's related to one of the parts shown in the hwinfo32 summary?
I've tried disabling wlan, vga, sound, and modem in device manager, uninstalled daemon tools and it's driver etc, but that didn't change anything.

Any advice?
I'm using an Acer Aspire 5715Z laptop, Realtek HD audio

A:DPC Latency causing audio stuttering, crackling

Uninstall the Realtek in the Device Manager then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect it and reinstall. Sometimes the reinstall will put it on a different IRQ and fix the problem. No guarantee but worth a try.

FWIW I have an Acer 7720 laptop with Realtek and Win 7 32 bit and it doesn't do it on mine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/48379-dpc-latency-causing-audio-stuttering-crackling.html
Relevancy 55.47%

It started 2 months ago... If my laptop is making instant internet-activities (like multiplayer-games, YouTube, or downloads), the sound is crackling. And it's because of the Beats Audio driver.I found out, because, when i'm using microsoft standard sound-drivers or realtek drivers without HP Beats modification, the crackling disappears. Where can I get an older Beats Audio-driver for my laptop? Or how can I fix it but still use Beats Audio? Others have the same problem: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-on-Pavilion-X360/td-p/3849598 HP Pavilion 17Windows 10 (clean installed + necessary drivers) Best regards,Angela Merkel :3 :* <3

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-makes-sound-crackling/td-p/5746061
Relevancy 55.47%

So yeah, my audio has a tendency to crackle lately, and sometimes Windows Media Player stutters, slows and glitches up, particularly when running something like Windows Live Messenger. I'm assuming its something to do with my sound driver/audio device, since I only just formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows. Is there anything I can do to improve it?

My driver is the ALi Audio Accelerator WDM driver, if that helps.

A:Improving my sound driver/audio crackling

Other than checking your soundcard manufacturers website for an updated driver, I'd check your volume levels. just DOUBLE-Click the little speaker icon down by the clock to bring up windows volume controls and click Options then properties and make sure all boxes are checked on that window then click Ok. now all available volume levels for your card will be displayed on the volume control window for you to adjust. also if you click the options menu again and click Advanced Controls then click the Advanced button that will appear under some of the volumes you can adjust bass and treble and other things. just mess around with them a little.

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/improving-my-sound-driver-audio-crackling.624231/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm having a problem with a static-like crackling noise coming from the speakers on an E5550 whenever I play audio. I don't hear any crackling if I plug in a headset to the headphone jack.
I'm using the A06 audio driver (Audio_Driver_0VFFR_WN32_6.0.1.6075_A06).
Any suggestions?

A:Lattitude E5550 crackling audio from speakers

FYI for anyone else with this problem, it's fixed (for me, at least) with the A13 revision audio driver:
Audio_Driver_8HVVV_WN32_6.0.1.6105_A13

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670748
Relevancy 55.47%

Brand new P50 Win 10 Pro. Audio playback from videos are crackling and popping intermittently regardless of internal speakers or through the headphone jack.Thought it might be this problem: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-P70-sound-issue-quot-pop-crack-quot-...I tried the solution in that thread  (updated the Audio driver) and it did not work for me.I also tried disabling the sound enhancements and dolby digital which seem to help but not stop it.Also updated to all the latest drivers I could find and the bios.Any suggestions? Could it be a hardware issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P50-Audio-crackling-popping-in-internal-speakers-and-through/td-p/3383240
Relevancy 55.47%

Lately I've been having a problem where my audio snaps and pops It's not constant but it can get pretty noticeable Especially on more calm music It occurs while any audio is playing Skype calls Youtube videos songs video games Anything At first I had thought it was simply Seemingly audio crackling/popping random because my headphones were getting old worn out but when I switched to Seemingly random audio crackling/popping new Seemingly random audio crackling/popping headphones the crackling and popping still occured Looking at some old forum posts here from I Seemingly random audio crackling/popping downloaded a tool called DPC Latency Checker Ran it and then started disabling and enabling devices one by one in device manager Running normally there's an alternating pattern Where it will be down towards then suddenly spike to and back down again Back and forth After nothing having any real logical affect on this I noticed something weird when I disabled a program I use called Virtual Audio Cable for streaming purposes Suddenly the latency jumped to the high 's and stayed there Then after re-enabling VAC the latency continued to stay in the high 's I can't seem to replicate whatever happened there My BIOS is up to date my sound card drivers are up to date and really I hadn't changed anything prior to this problem starting in order to cause it If anyone has any idea on how to help please This is driving me nuts

A:Seemingly random audio crackling/popping

Please fill in the My System Specs - we can only guess and talk in generalities without it.

If you look over the many posts on this forum (and other forums) about the popping and crackling you will see its an often reported problem.

There is no "one fix" for this, however there are some things that are known to cause it (and high latency). Wireless controllers (wi-fi) are one known cause. A user on the Sonar (recording software) forum reported getting spikes and high latency as shown with the DPC Latency checker. His problem turned out to the the wireless adapter (controller) and as soon as he disabled it his problem went away.

Video drivers and sound drivers are another issue.

That Virtual Audio Cable sets up virtual audio devices and that can be a prime issue. You should have a "System Mixer" (could also be called Stereo Mix and what SoundBlaster calls "What You Hear") and these functions will allow you to record streaming audio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/233981-seemingly-random-audio-crackling-popping.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

since a few days I'm experiencing a crackling sound (glitch) when playing videos (youtube, mp4, ...) and audio (mp3).
I didn't install any new software but I guess it occured after a windows update. Unfortunately i cannot recover my pc to before the update.

I already looked up for solutions, but I'm not finding it.
I tried to find it within thee latency issues, but I was not able to find it as told in following topic:
http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-7-|-windows-vista-tutorials/5721-how-diagnose-fix-high-dpc-latency-issues-wpa-windows-windows-vista-7-8-a.html

I don't know which graph I need to check because they have other names than the one given in the diagnose topic.
Which one of these do I need?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hke5o8vtps8s3pq/graphs%20DPC.JPG?dl=0

thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566914/crackling-glitch-when-playing-video-and-audio/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey peoples, wondering if you can give me a hand with this?

The audio on my Surface 3 is making an annoying af crackling sound but only when my WiFi adaptor is enabled. When it's disabled audio is chill but I can't stream without WiFi (obvi)

Anyone know what to do?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69424-crackling-audio-when-wifi-adaptor-enabled.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was messing around with some audio configurations the other night, basically trying to get things to sound 'louder'. Anyway, whatever I did I guess has made audio just about unlistenable. I don't want to fully restore my computer but is there a way I could just restore the audio settings? I think I've restored most settings for the audio but maybe I'm missing something.

I have a Lenovo laptop with "Realtek High Definition Audio" for the playback.

**edit: Seems to only be happening through iTunes! Just blasted some music through Youtube and the audio was fine.

A:Crackling, skipping, stuttering, lagging audio

Well, I searched around and it seems to be an issue with making sure the sound playback is at the same sampling rate as iTunes. So far so good. If anybody has the same issue I recommend making sure your iTunes sampling rate is at the same rate as the playback device settings.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/555314/crackling-skipping-stuttering-lagging-audio/
Relevancy 55.47%

Okay.
Basically after about 20-30 minutes roughly my audio just craps out and starts making popping and crackling noises that get progressivly worse until I go into the Cmedia control panel and click S/PDIF and it fixes it for another 30 minutes and then it starts again, so I have to click the same button, And so forth.

This is such a pain. I've tried re-installing the drivers and all other common solutions. I had no problem with the previous drivers, but they didnt support mic so I had to install the newest ones, which have been giving me this problem for the past year or so.

If anyone can help me, it'd be the biggest help.

Thanks.

A:Asus M2N-E SLI Audio Problem - Popping/Crackling

i got the same problem only it happens when i use my xbox 360 controller. i ended up ripping the sound card out of an old dell and sticking in finding some modded drivers compatible with vista for it and now im fine. NEVER EVER get a cmedia product. they have NO TECH SUPPORT whatsoever, other than the comunity support forums which noone from CMEDIA themselves uses.

i whish i could help but i cant. until there is a fix, i suggest sound blaster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m2n-e-sli-audio-problem-popping-crackling.109907/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey guys. When i run flight simulator and itunes in the background, the audio cracks, stutters, makes pops, all sorts of weird things. Is there an easy fix to this?
Thanks

Info:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2812 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 466650 MB, Free - 169674 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 6148 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0YU822, A00, ..CN137407AF00GF.
Antivirus: None

A:Flight Simulator/Itunes Audio Crackling

don't use iTunes in the background. It's most likely that using two programs to use the sound card may conflict with each other, or try turning off the MUSIC part of the game (if there is an option, there should be) and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flight-simulator-itunes-audio-crackling.972191/
Relevancy 55.47%

the audio on my laptop is CONSTANTLY clicking and popping. it happens with or without headphones. ive tried the troubleshooter, reinstalling drivers, tried looking into all the settings, nothing seems to help, what can i do to fix this? its driving me mad.

A:Bang and olufson audio popping and crackling

Dear Customer, Please try installing the IDT Audio drivers and see if that helps:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151294_1  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Bang-and-olufson-audio-popping-and-crackling/td-p/5844363
Relevancy 55.47%

This has been happening for 2 years, but as of earlier this month, my audio has been acting up MUCH more than it used to. Now, whenever I listen to any sound (music, watch videos, etc.) my speakers make this crackling/buzzing/stutter/lag sound every few seconds which makes me never want to use my audio because it is so annoying. I looked up this problem and many people mentioned that by using earphones the buzzing stops, but not for me. Also, I installed and uninstalled a bunch of the drivers that Dell told me to update (IDT Audio, Quickset64, and the BIOS) but this hasn't made any difference. I feel like this is a software problem but I wanted to hear professional opinions to see if it actually is.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

A:Crackling noise in audio on both speakers and headphones

Hi dmang24,
I appreciate for the drivers update. I suggest that you run diagnostics on hardware components, since both speaker and headphones are having crackling noise even after drivers update.
To run diagnostics restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F12 key every two seconds. This will start the One-time boot menu. Using arrow keys select ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. This will run diagnostics on the hardware components of the system which may take around 5 minutes. Please reply to this post in case of any error message.
You may also go through this link for assistance.
http://dell.to/OUGnqT
Please reply with the status to assist you further.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19493950
Relevancy 55.47%

the distorsion seems to be worst during hard disk activity

the computer worked fine until a few days ago - i dont know whats up really!

i have a fujitsu siemens scaleo P with 1024 mb ram and one itnernal HD and one external USB HD.

i dont think its a driver issue since the sound worked completelly ok untill just recently. the soundcard is a built in chip on the motherboard - a soundmax (its version 4 and latest drivers)

i got all windows updates etc isntalled.

hope toget help - since i really use winamp a lot while working

peace all

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I am facing a crackling audio issue since installation of Win 8 CP. I have a Creative 5.1 VX Card and have updated also latest Win 7 driver as available from Creative 's Website. I also disabled on-board audio from BIOS. but still there is no luck with crackling of audio. Creative SoundBlaster control works but any audio that I play runs with some lag. I tried different players including VLC ..Please help Guys.

A:I am facing a crackling audio issue since installation of Win 8 CP

Try to see if you can find a Win 8 driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4646-i-am-facing-crackling-audio-issue-since-installation-win-8-cp.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have had problem with audio misbehaving crackling or even lagging muting for few seconds for some time now The longer the computer runs the more often this gets I used to have way less problems before maybe before clean reinstall from bit to bit I used to be able to run computer for over days now it acts up after a week or even earlier My system Lenovo R - TG bought in early running almost all the time since OS Win Pro bit legally low crackling/lagging on load system Audio from DreamSpark CPU Intel Core Duo T RAM GB that's why I switched to bit system plus I reckoned incompatibility issues would be worked out by now Integrated graphics Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Integrated sound card Conexant SmartAudio HD The problem is noticeable in every program using sound including VLC player Winamp Flash in Chrome or games like GTA San Andreas That's why I think it's a hardware or system issue In attached screenshot the crackling occurred at the second CPU peak under CPU Audio crackling/lagging on low system load utilization with Winamp playing MP Audio crackling/lagging on low system load s from drive D C is SSD D is regular SATA quot HDD in expansion bay - instead of optical drive - and Disk is USB-connected external quot HDD and no other program actively running On background there's Audio crackling/lagging on low system load Sticky Notes Total Commander Google Drive Dropbox and Avast Internet Security with only anti-virus and firewall running Nor Google Drive neither Dropbox were actively working at the moment Note it says the system's uptime is only days at the moment The problem gets significantly worse when using Chrome especially when opening new tab or loading a page On the other hand games don't tend to worsen it Drivers are up-to-date from Windows Update and the system is fully updated Note the laptop is almost six years old released even before the first release of Windows came with Vista Business bit pre-installed so Lenovo doesn't update drivers anymore and Microsoft ones are mostly used instead Is there a way to maybe prioritize the audio driver so when system is under load it doesn't affect it first Or do you have any other ideas how to get rid of this audio lagging It's especially bothering when listening to music or watching a movie on loud speakers - the crackling sound is quite nasty it does't fade just cuts off the audio signal Audio driver for integrated Conexant SmartAudio HD Provider Conexant Date Version Digital Signer Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/59384-audio-crackling-lagging-low-system-load.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi im new to this forum, but been searching online for some advice to try and fix my laptop. Im a dj and use a program called serato scratchlive, jus use my laptop for djin nothing else, my laptop was working fine up until yesterday, i turned it on then realised a poppin crackling sound and the performance of my laptop lagging, can someone plez help me, dont know much about computers.
Oh and if it helps i have a Acer 4064 Travelmate laptop Intel pentium M Processor upgraded to 250gb hdd 2gb of ram runnin windows xp service pack 3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-performance-lagging-and-audio-crackling-292410.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Problem description Something is seriously going wrong with my computer I ve been using and Two Different Audio on Crackling Stuttering Sound Cards Ableton Live A digital audio workstation for creating music and usually I have absolutely no problems whatsoever However I decided to look through some old songs that had VST plugins I uninstalled and when I started doing this the audio start to slow down intensely Audio Stuttering and Crackling on Two Different Sound Cards I m running all audio on the DAW through a Line UX So I decide to restart my computer However it wouldn t turn on at all After about an hour of poking around inside the computer airing it out and cleaning the dust it finally miraculously turns on However now the audio problem has spread to my other soundcard an HTO Striker Omega Whenever I watch a video or listen to something if I do a task that requires a remote amount of processing power everything slows down and gets extremely choppy starts crackling or popping or the sound stutters This happens on Winamp VLC and any other program that uses sound Seriously since today I can t listen to a song in Winamp without hearing stuttering if I change tabs in Firefox It especially happens when I m listening to something and I Audio Stuttering and Crackling on Two Different Sound Cards click on things in the control panel Also Ableton has become completely unusable I can t listen to anything without hearing about seconds worth of noise for every second of music It s absolutely frustrating and I need to fix this soon because I have some incredibly urgent projects I need to do on Ableton by Wednesday and I can t do them in the state my computer is currently in Attempted fixes I have tried toying around with buffer sizes latency bit rates installing new sound drivers unplugging sound cards and plugging them back in restarting the computer trying different programs to see if the problem persists and getting new ASIO drivers and none of these have worked I also tried a clean boot as well as going into safe mode and scanning for any kind of malware using malwarebyte s Anti-Malware and ComboFix I suspect this issue lies deeper than I d like to think but I have no clue as to what steps to take to fix this nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-stuttering-and-crackling-on-two-different-sound-cards.985561/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok guys, sorry for just joining to ask a question but i am really stuck, basically what is happening is I am getting a crackling noise from my speakers and headphones on windows 7, it is not my sound card as i use a separate usb card for the headphones meaning this cant be a problem with the drivers as they are both using different ones right? windows 7 was basically my version of vista, vista worked perfectly for me, i just don't know what is going on and it has me annoyed as i invest a lot in my audio just to have the os crap on it, anyone have any ideas?, just drop any questions below and i will give you a detailed response, thanks.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hey well my audio suddenly started crackling a few days ago I reformatted around the same day it started crackling so it SEEMS that's what caused it This has drivers.. reinstalling after Crackling even Sound audio happened to me before and I remember fixing it but I don't remember what I did I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers to the latest Crackling Sound even after reinstalling audio drivers.. from my computer manufacturers website Acer and Realtek's website too Both without success Though after reinstalling from the Realtek's site it worked for the whole uptime of that session Then this morning it started crackling again It's very ironic that as I'm writing this the sound has miraculously improved i'm sure my computer likes making me think i'm crazy XD but it's still crackling I'm just stumped with what to do next I've disabled all enhancements via the quot Sound quot place on Windows and adjusted settings in Quicktime Though I don't know if their correct now any way of knowing what Hz my speakers best support and what Bit Thanks alot So any solutions would be very very helpful My system is also up to date with all updates from Microsoft Service Pack as well That took a few days alone to download them all P Here are my specs if needed OS Microsoft Windows Vista SP Bit Processor Intel Core Duo T GHz C Yonah nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz Motherboard Acer Grapevine U Graphics Generic PnP Monitor x MB GeForce Go Acer Incorporated ALI C Audio Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Thanks alot Also what temperature are these supposed to be running at Thanks

A:Crackling Sound even after reinstalling audio drivers..

First - that temperature looks fine to me - slightly high but still fine.

Second - that crackling you hear is probably hardware related.

Have you tried listening via headphones? Do you get the same noise?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crackling-sound-even-after-reinstalling-audio-drivers-510019.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The Issue Audio crackles pops and clicks on occassion usually when sound begins or stops Examples When I recieve a message on STEAM there is a quot bloop quot sound that is there to notify me that someone sent me a message At the very end of the bloop there is a noticeable quot click quot sound When playing some games where there is audio that loops at the end of each loop in the cycle there is a clicking noise When pausing and unpausing YouTube videos the Issue Crackling/Clicking/Popping/ Audio audio of the video is accompanied by clicking noises If I exit YouTube in the middle of the video a few seconds after closing out a noise can be heard which resembles a split second segment of audio from the video When using Crtl f to search for words and it doesn't come up a ding is played followed by the clicking noise This is most notable when I force the dings Crackling/Clicking/Popping/ Audio Issue to occur in rapid succession by typing random letters It occurs less often if it is only a single ding Specifications Logitech G Headphones but the issue was also present on my Logitech G s Crackling/Clicking/Popping/ Audio Issue Both are USB devices Crackling/Clicking/Popping/ Audio Issue I'm new to this website so I don't exactly know what other specifications would come in handy if there are tell me how to find them and I will post them Thank you so much for replies I've been looking for a solution for a month now on the web to no avail

A:Crackling/Clicking/Popping/ Audio Issue

USB devices do not use the PC's sound card, they take digital and convert it to analog audio. Does sound do the same thing with regular PC audio?

Popping/crackling, etc is an often posted problem. Unfortunately there is no "one fix" for the problem. Some known potential items are Wi-Fi, sound drivers, video drivers, power supply noise, etc. With USB headphones drivers for the headphones could be an issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/382766-crackling-clicking-popping-audio-issue.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Several months ago my computer started to have audio problems Or at least that's Audio problems latency crackling/stuttering on 7, Windows when I started to notice it Rebooting was a temporary fix but it would gradually get worse and worse the Audio crackling/stuttering on Windows 7, latency problems longer my computer stayed on starting with minor popping and crackling before eventually getting all the way up to stuttering For a while I thought it was a problem with the laptop itself rather than software or driver problems but yesterday I started to think outside the box and have made some progress but not enough to solve the problem LatencyMon's gone a long way in helping me isolate the problem but I just don't know where to go from there Running LM always will show ndis sys and tcip sys at the top of the list and but I'm not quite sure what to do now I even went on the Acer website my laptop's an Acer V - and downloaded and re-installed all the drivers there but all that's seemed to fix is reduce ndis sys to -ish ms Tcpip is still over ms Be forewarned although I use my computer a lot for writing and playing games I don't really consider myself tech-savvy so if advice could be explained in as simple of rudimentary steps as possible meaning where to go to find pretty much anything or how to get certain information or reports from my computer posted up here I would greatly appreciate it

A:Audio crackling/stuttering on Windows 7, latency problems

The Audio Crackling and stuttering can have many causes. Unfortunately there is no "one fix" for the problem. Latency Mon can help, if you can understand what it is telling your. I use my main PC for my recording studio and I tried Latency Mon on my recording PC, that had no problems, just to look at the program and it flagged several problems so I'm leery of what it reports.

There is an other program, DPC Latency checker which may also help but it doesn't go deep into the PC like Latency mon.

Some general items that have been known to cause the crackling/popping/stuttering are sound and video drivers. Wi-Fi is another known cause. As you have a laptop, temporarily disable Wi-Fi and see if changes anything.

Stuttering can also be caused by the higher priority device that is sharing the same IRQ (Interrupt) as the Sound. Windows treats Sound as a "low priority" device and is on the same (shared) IRQ with a higher priority device. The higher priority device can "interrupt" the sound device and thus cause stuttering.

Look through the many posts, here, on the subject. Maybe something will pop out that will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/332535-audio-crackling-stuttering-windows-7-latency-problems.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi 
I have just recently being having problems with the audio when playing videos - e.g . Youtube video- 
Have looked at a few posts but cannot find a solution to my problem - 
Also have tried system restore to no avail -
Would really appreciate somebodies help -

Google chrome - Vista 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588353/audio-crackling-when-i-play-videos-google-chrome/
Relevancy 55.04%

I really need some help to resolve this issue. I'll try to describe my issue as best as I can.

Background
A few days ago my computer started to produce a crackling sound when playing any audio

Symptoms
The crackling sound is present online and when playing local files
The crackling sound is present in both stereo and headphones

Cause
I'm not sure, I use a virtual machine to browse the internet and I haven't downloaded anything when it started to happen. I think my computer had a windows update before it happened.

Solutions failed
I used my asus audio troubleshooting application and it said all drivers were present and up to date

System details
Asus X54C notebook Win7

If you need any other information please ask, I'm not good with troubleshooting computer problems and would really appreciate some help

A:My computer keeps making a crackling sound whenever audio is played.

Anyone got any ideas at all?

this is becoming a big problem for me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-keeps-making-a-crackling-sound-whenever-audio-is-played.1101126/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Everyone:

I have a Sony Vaio VPCL23CFX All-in-one desktop computer (See my SPECS).

I have an odd problem that I cannot seem to resolve. When I play a song, any song, or any MUSIC, for that matter, I get a popping/crackling noise every once in a while. Sometimes it won't happen for a minute, then it will happen every 5 or 10 seconds and then it will stop, then it will start back up again with the every 10 seconds and then not for a minute thing.

It NEVER happens when no music is playing, for example, during a movie when there is no soundtrack playing or if I am watching a Youtube video that has no music. I get the same popping/crackling noise whether it is though the computer speakers or through the headphones.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this to happen or how I might get it to stop?

Thanks,

T

A:Intermittent popping/crackling noise during audio playback

Popping and crackling, if you look over the old posts here, is a frequent issue. Unfortunately there is no "one fix" for the problem.

Among many potential issues, sound drivers (make sure you have the correct sound driver from Sony), video drivers, Wi-Fi, power supply, external source such as a wireless phone or cell phone close by.

On the audio, if you only have the generic Windows installed "HD Audio Codec" that is the first place to start. Get the correct sound driver. What you list for the Sound Card is not really what it is, correct designation is "RealTek", according to the Sony site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/316105-intermittent-popping-crackling-noise-during-audio-playback.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi all i made a post similar to this one before in the hardware section but im skipping/stuttering/crackling/popping audio problems starting to doubt its a hardware problem i have a creative audigy platinum ex sound card audio skipping/stuttering/crackling/popping problems that started to crackle and pop when i played sound in winamp it wasnt too big a deal at first but it became louder and more invasive after a while so i figured my sound card was the problem so i got an m-audio audiophile card and the problem was still there this is terrible for me as i use a lot of audio editing multitracking software and these programs would also stutter and crackle whether i was recording audio or just playing back so i figured whatever ill use the onboard soundcard for a while but even that one is doing the same thing with winamp the crackling wasnt as often as with the creative m-audio cards when i use any audio editing software however it would crackle a little then the whole comuter started to slow down i made a habit of keeping task manager open while using the software to check what was eating up the cpu and it was the audio program but i noticed if i closed the audio program quick enough the cpu load would transfer to another program and if i closed that program it would transfer to another program for a few seconds usually my antivirus another problem i have is with youtube about a minute into any video the sound stutters so it sounds almost like an echo and the video along with it in task manager it shows iexplorer exe using cpu ive tried everything i updated all my drivers made sure my hdds are in ultra dma mode switched out various pci devices video card sound cards network cards i read all over the internet and tried almost everything i thought it might be irq interrupts because both my sound and video cards were on with my creative card but with m-audio they were on seperate irqs plus even my onboard soundcard stutters please i know this is a long and boring post but the last thing i want to do is to have to reinstall windows and all my software if anyone has any ideas id be more than grateful thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi HP,I m using Windows 10 (64 bit operating system) While playing any song or any video , it produce some crackling sound heavily. Please make my problem solved as early as possible.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-audio-speakers-creating-crackling-sound-while/td-p/5723954
Relevancy 55.04%

Im desperate here as I simply cannot figure out the solution is and this thing is driving me nuts.

I have major latency issues and from DPC checker have figured out that its my network adapters (or at least I think).
When I disable both of them, I get nearly perfect sound.
Ive re installed them/dloaded new drivers multiple times and no difference.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have a DELL E6400, Windows 7/64bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:6 months now and still no solution to audio Crackling/Popping/Dropouts

I know its no help but I have exactly the same problem with home built asus based PC, with tenda 802.11n W322P network card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/282449-6-months-now-still-no-solution-audio-crackling-popping-dropouts.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I've got a Dell Inspiron 15r SE 7520

3rd Gen i7 3612QM
6gb RAM
Windows 8

Brand new laptop, was expecting it to be able to handle iTunes and Chrome running together without any issues, considering my older laptop which was i3 had no problems.

When I'm listening to music the audio begins to crackle and stutter as if my laptop is having trouble running the program. It only ever really happens when I run Chrome.

Thanks,
Jason.

A:Solved: iTunes crackling audio when using Chrome simultaneously

What was the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-itunes-crackling-audio-when-using-chrome-simultaneously.1080591/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys and gals.
I am new to the forum here but I am having a bit of a problem with my laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 1535 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. The problem I am currently having is that when listening to music (mp3s, YouTube, iTunes, WMP, anything) there's a hesitation and a lag in the computer (much like someone skipping a record). I have done a bit of research on my own and tried many of the proposed solutions such as: disabling enhancements, virus scans, malware scans and so forth. If there's anything else you guys can think of that could help me I would greatly appreciate it, or if there is any other information I can provide that would help you help me I would be happy to do that. As an avid music listener this is a truly annoying problem that I hope I can solve.

Thank you

A:Windows Audio Lag Seemingly Getting Worse

How old is this computer? Is the computer slower in generally booting up - of is it just the audio? I might tell you to running the dell diagnostics - specifically I'm interested in the health of the hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483144/windows-audio-lag-seemingly-getting-worse/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,
So I just got this new laptop for my birthday and only really have one issue with it, the audio. At first, there was 0 bass at all whenever audio left the speakers, which I found out is a common issue for Toshiba Satellite models because of Toshiba's sound mixer. I deleted the program and got the bass working properly and now I noticed that the audio crackles whenever I'm trying to listen to music or watch Netflix. I've read this is a common issue but I have yet to find a fix for me. Please help.

A:Toshiba Satellite Click 2 L35w-B3204 crackling audio

The "crackles" is an often reported problem. Sound problems such as this can be hard to pin down. There are several potential causes, one is Wi-Fi (and that could account for the Netflix problem). Others are drivers, both sound and video.

I don't know what the Toshiba Sound Mixer is, but did you have the problem before you deleted that? I would make sure the PC was like it was originally and start from that. Also, check for updated sound drivers from Toshiba (or if it has Realtek audio get the latest drivers direct from Realtek) and video drivers.

Try the sound locally, with wi-fi disabled and see if you still get the crackling.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/67538-toshiba-satellite-click-2-l35w-b3204-crackling-audio.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi please forgive me if I don't explain much very well I'm not a very tech savvy person but this Laptop (Distorted/Crackling) Audio Windows Issue ASUS Please 7 Help problem has driven me mad I have tried to search around for help but I can't get the right answers it's always for a different model of ASUS or some different sound device for Windows - I just don't know how to solve this issue About a month or so ago my laptop started producing these very annoying screeching sounds in one side of my headphones I thought nothing of it but then later when I would play a song or a video whether it was internet based or from my computer I would hear crackling popping sounds from my headphones while it played increasing in intensity as I put the volume up Even if the volume was done the popping would be very loud ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help and wouldn't go away unless I muted the speakers The problem is NOT my headphones because I tried ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help listening with different sets and all had the same problem It's not just the jack either I think because when I take the headphones out the problem persists and the audio is laggy and distorted Sometimes the audio will lag so badly I can't make it out and pop so much and sometime it even just goes berserk sounds like a bad television hum but much louder and like an annoying buzz until it goes back to popping and crackling The nasty problem occurs with both speakers and headphones and it's just very annoying I can't listen to music without hearing this annoying popping crackling screeching buzz noises And it's not just when I play music either It's when I do -anything- ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help on my computer Eventually the noise will stop if I don't do ANYTHING But as soon as I click something say I run my internet application the sounds will reappear I don't know why this is As I've mentioned I've tried looking for help but I don't understand anything or the problem does not apply to me my model of laptop I have an ASUS running Microsoft Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model K IJ System Type x -based PC I don't know how to check the sound card name or anything like that but under system information it says the sound device is named VIA High Definition Audio The last time I tried to do a driver update for my audio drivers it said everything was up to date and did not do anything Disabling uninstalling re-enabling reinstalling drivers did not do anything to help But what do I know I would love any help I can get from someone who can explain this stuff to me so I'm sorry if I test your patience with my limited knowledge of technology I'm just really sick and tired of this problem Thank you to anyone who can help me

A:ASUS Laptop Windows 7 Audio Issue (Distorted/Crackling) Please Help

Try downloading and installing the latest sound driver.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks - ASUS K50IJ

Click on link, go to download tab and enter OS info. Then select Audio driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146650-asus-laptop-windows-7-audio-issue-distorted-crackling-please-help.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey everybody. I've been experiencing an issue recently, where, whenever I select my computer to operate in either "Balanced" or "High performance" mode via power options the audio will become very crackly and the video will freeze every minute or so for a few seconds. If I set the computer to "Power saver" the problem goes away, but naturally, my computer starts to run much slower as a result. Is my computer not getting enough power, or something? I'm on an Acer Aspire TC-120 (ES21) running Windows 8.1 64 bit. Any help is much appreciated.

DPC Latency: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72856-windows-power-options-crackling-audio-freezing-video.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So I had some problems with using speakers and plugging in headphones. I did find out that my front panel audio jack just doesnt work, so I plug my headphones into the back panel. The sound of the left speaker is strong and sounds good, but the right doesnt sound good. I made them both the same volume level, but it seems that the right side of the headphones crackle and the sound falls flat. I am using audio-technica m50s, (which sound just fine in any other device). When I use a usb transmitter for wireless gaming headset, the audio is fine. But I would like to use my m50s and buy an attachable mic for them so the sound quality is superb.

A:Solved: Audio has slight crackling and sound falls flat

Sounds like the back panel audio port is dirty or failing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-audio-has-slight-crackling-and-sound-falls-flat.1151960/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I saw plenty of helpful replies here so I was hoping you could all help me with my issue System Specs Processor Intel i k o c to GHz Mobo Asus P Z Game buzz Audio Constant crashing) (and Crackling Static - M-Pro Graphics Card ASUS GTX superclocked edition Soundcard Asus xonar DSX PSU OCZ Game Audio Crackling (and crashing) - Constant Static buzz ModXStream W certified OS Windows Keyboard Game Audio Crackling (and crashing) - Constant Static buzz Corsair k RGB Mouse Razer Mamaba Edition Headset Razer Tiamat Background information I've noticed recently that there is plenty of audio buzz crackling in my headphones when I'm doing nothing intense It's not super intense so I Game Audio Crackling (and crashing) - Constant Static buzz thought it may just be because of my headphones Razer But it seems to always be occurring I did some research and I noticed that the USB used to power the headphones should be plugged into an external USB power supply No luck there I left it for a while but more recently I've been having even weirder audio issues A long time ago I bought hitman Absolution IIRC I was on windows at the time It was playing fine at the time with no issues Recently there was a humble bundle for Hitman Absloution and that peeked my interest to go and play the game again only this time when I went in all of the audio in the cutscenes was lost and the main menu audio was messed up Hovering over a menu button caused a popping sound This is the first instance of weird audio game bugs However once i get past the main menu and cutscenes the ingame audio is fine So I thought this may be due to the games integrity but steam said the files were fine The next strange and more annoying bug I've recently encountered is regarding terraria First I should say that about month ago I was able to play Terraria fine Now I should mention between the last time and this time the only things that changed on my system were Graphics card driver update and Corsair K RGB keyboard from Razer blackwidow Yesterday I went to play terraria with my friend and I would get about FPS in the menu if I was lucky Sometimes the fps would go up to about FPS for like seconds and then the game would lockup for a minute or so before allowing me to move the in game cursor again I was never even able to make it past the main menu Hovering over a menu item it would cause the audio to sound quot Laggy quot and by that I mean as if the sound was playing over a couple of seconds being chopped up and popping in and out hopefully that makes sense Finally the last and weirdest issue My new keyboard has the option to change the LED colors of the keys I noticed when I change the colour of all the keys from blue to red lets say that the static noise in my headphones changes it either gets louder or quieter and crackles more or less What I've tried I use the unofficial unified ASUS Xonar drivers UNi Xonar Drivers official page - MaxedTech I've been using these drivers for the longest of time without any issue so I do not believe they are the source of the issue I ran a CCleaner registry clean and system clean After that I ran the quot sfc scannow quot command and it did not find any issues I've tried disabling Nvidia Shadow play I tried uninstalling and re-installing Terraria along with all of it's components net and XNA What I plan to try Try a different keyboard Roll back video card driver Is this even possible Remove the sound card and revert to onboard sound just to see if that is the issue Solution - Reformatted PC and it works again Thanks in advanced Let me know if more info is required

A:Game Audio Crackling (and crashing) - Constant Static buzz

Fixed it by reformatting -- Guess the time was due

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/62561-game-audio-crackling-crashing-constant-static-buzz.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello people while playing Arma I noticed latency to driver nvlddmkm.sys issue Nvidia Audio due crackling strange crackling popping noises in the menu and in-game when there were a lot of background sounds I found a video of someone else on YouTube who had the same issue Arma - Crackling and Popping Audio - YouTube The crackling was also brought to Audio crackling due to nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia driver latency issue my attention during video playback on YouTube at Audio crackling due to nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia driver latency issue some occasions Sometimes videos froze or turned black I did not think much of it when I first noticed it A few days ago I remember having a quot nvlddmkm sys stopped working and recovered quot warning when the pc came back from sleep mode that I now recognize as another symptom of the issue I also experienced multiple BSODs caused by nvlddmkm sys a month or so ago that I suspected to be caused by faulty drivers However no BSOD or quot stopped working warning quot has happened to me ever since When I googled the sound crackles today I read that there might be a connection to a latency issue with my drivers I installed LatencyMon Dpc Latency checker doesn't work with Windows I let it run in the background while I continued playing Arma and it confirmed my suspicion According to Latency Mon the Nvidia Windows Kernel Mode driver my old friend Nvlddmkm sys is causing the quot buffer underruns quot I attached screenshots of the LatencyMon results to this post When I found out that the problem lay with my graphics driver I did a complete clean install of Windows I turned off automatic driver updates and reinstalled all drivers manually from scratch But the issue persisted I even plugged in a different pair of speakers to see if my subwoofers were failing but still no avail The new speakers had even worse sound disruptions strange low tone background noise eve though there was no sound input I also updated my BIOS I am getting the idea that this is in fact a problem with my GPU a factory overclocked GTX ti I hope there are a few experts who can give their opinion on this Thank you very much for taking your time to help me with this

A:Audio crackling due to nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia driver latency issue

Have integrated sound card and Lan card ? Happen to add new hardware recently ? So you upgraded originally from another OS and did clean install of Win 10 ? Using HDMI to monitor try disabling HDMI Audio in sound properties or NVIDIA control panel. Updated all other system and hardware devices,like sound, Lan, etc.. ? Try reseating Graphics card and you said you uninstalled the drivers for Video cleanly, try this then reinstall them again http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
What i am not sure of is this issue happened with only the new NVIDIA drivers, new hardware (possible video card or other), assumed happened only now in Windows 10. Could be conflict with another hard or it's drivers or settings on either.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/26861-audio-crackling-due-nvlddmkm-sys-nvidia-driver-latency-issue.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello forums I'm having an Popping/Crackling/Static on 7 Series Windows Asus x64 Audio f50 issue with my audio that is driving me up a wall I'm having that apparently common issue of crackling popping static-y audio on a Realtek chip I've tried multiple drivers from Realtek official to Generic to Vista ones My latency graph has little to no spiking too A problem most people identified in the previous megathread I know this Audio Popping/Crackling/Static Windows 7 x64 on Asus f50 Series is a solvable issue because previously I've had it under control It was just so long ago and I've forgotten Anyways does anyone know how I can fix this It's making me so sad Stats as follows Asus f sf Nvidia GT m gb RAM Win Pro x Core Duo ghz Realtek HD Audio Driver Hardware ID for Soundcard HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS D amp REV HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS D Bios video card and OS are up to date If you need any other information I can get it Also even if you are unsure of a solution post it I will try anything at this point

A:Audio Popping/Crackling/Static Windows 7 x64 on Asus f50 Series

I'm having the same issue, I believe so at least. Quite randomly, at about 5 to 10 second intervals, the sound will cut out with a pop which lasts for 1/4 of a second and carries on.

I 'fixed' it briefly last night by reverting all of my Realtek Sound drivers to Windows drivers, but when I turned on the computer this morning, the problem was back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/185752-audio-popping-crackling-static-windows-7-x64-asus-f50-series.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows 7 64-bit I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor My audio is working, but I'm getting "popping" noises every 15-30 seconds and it's really bothering me. I updated to the latest driver for Realtek AC'97 and I insalled the Realtek HD Audio drivers, but only the AC'97 shows up in the device manager. When I got to add/remove programs, it shows that HD Audio can be uninstalled, but I don't know if that means it's working. From reading around on the internet, some people said the HD Audio driver solved their problem, but I'm not sure if mine is actually working or not. I don't know much about computers, so please spell things out explicitly for me so I can just follow directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-and-popping-sounds-unable-to-find-realtek-hd-audio-driver.890498/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello my name is Mike I own a music studio and also do a lot of work with graphic design and other media jobs This computer is my main computer for audio video production and it has a lot of money into it with hardware and software Without this computer my business is at a sudden. the clicking/crackling Studio infected! computer audio really slow and very Possibly all standstill as I Studio computer very slow and audio clicking/crackling all the sudden. Possibly really infected! do almost everything on it The problems I am having are mostly in the audio area This problem just came on about a week ago The audio crackles and skips when I am using audio programs I also have a problem with my internet connection When I am using audio programs I normally disable the internet connection When I try to do it now all of the sudden it does not let me and it says quot It is not possible to disable this connection at this time This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support plug-and-play or it may be initiated by another user or system account quot The O S is Windows XP Home I tried to run that DDS script and it just opens notepad with a bunch of weird scrambled characters I did however run a Hijackthis scan and here is the log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes D WINDOWS System smss exeD WINDOWS system winlogon exeD WINDOWS system services exeD WINDOWS system lsass exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD WINDOWS System svchost exeD WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXED WINDOWS system spoolsv exeD WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXED Program Files Common Files Autodata Limited Shared Service ADCDLicSvc exeD PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeD Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exeD PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeD PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeG digidesign Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exeD Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeD Program Files M-Audio M-Audio Series II MIDI MA CMIDI Inst exeD Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeD Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exeD WINDOWS system nvsvc exeD WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exeD WINDOWS system svchost exeD Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeD PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeD Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeD WINDOWS Explorer EXED WINDOWS System svchost exeD Program Files Microsoft Xbox Accessories XboxStat exeD WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXED WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exeD Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeD WINDOWS system rundll exeD Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXED Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeD Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exeD Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exeD Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exeD Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - D Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO IDMIEHlprObj Class - C - - B-A BF- B C A A - D Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - D Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - G Downloads adobe ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - D Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Google Update Helper - D E - C - - D-A A AB - D Program Files Google Update GoopdateBho dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - D Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live Wind... Read more

A:Studio computer very slow and audio clicking/crackling all the sudden. Possibly really infected!

Hello Absurdny,I see you're here now. Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239653/studio-computer-very-slow-and-audio-clickingcrackling-all-the-sudden-possibly-really-infected/