Windows Support Forum

Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi

Q: Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.04%

Hello again!

My mother is having issues connecting to the internet on her new Toshiba Satellite C55-B5202 windows 8 laptop.

It keeps refusing to connect or disconnecting and dropping regularly from our local wifi network, I originally assumed this was tied to issues we were having with out internet, but those have sense been fixed and 3 of our other computers can all connect reliably to the network,

There appears to be greater issues with Google Chrome then with Firefox but cannot say for certain, I have run an avira virus scan which has detected and removed a piece of malicious software.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as this computer is needed for business purposes .

A:Windows 8 won't connect/ Disconnects from WiFi

I see this has been moved to Am I Infected. I don't know that this is virus related or not as it could be a hardware/software issue. but ya'all know best i guess.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569636/windows-8-wont-connect-disconnects-from-wifi/
Relevancy 86.86%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 86%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 85.14%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 85.14%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 85.14%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 83.85%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello! Lately my WiFi disconnects after using the computer for a while and can not reconnect to any other wireless networks unless I restart my computer. I didn't find anything on the Lenovo website that helped me and I already have the Wireless network adapter driver upgraded.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-disconnects-after-a-while-on-G50-80/td-p/3482144
Relevancy 79.12%

From new I've always had issues with wifi disconnecting randomly on Chromebook N21.
It just seems to lose the network it's connected to. Wifi remains on, it searches for networks and seems to see all other available networks except for the one it was connected to. Eventually after a minute or 2 it reconnects and all is fine for a while. It's not specific to one particular router or network, same behaviour in different locations and networks.

Anyone had similar problems, any workaround or fixes?

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

A:N21 - WiFi Disconnects

Having the exact same issue here.  Have you resolved this?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Chromebooks-N20-N20p-N21/N21-WiFi-Disconnects/td-p/2173313
Relevancy 78.26%

My sister has a laptop with windows 8 installed (up to date with all the latest Windows and drivers), a Cisco E4200 router, and Comcast cable.
Using the laptop the WiFi frequently loses connection. Going to Control Panel will allow you to select the network and reconnect each time. This happens much too often and she says has become a real pain. I installed a wireless printer yesterday for her and witnessed the problem first hand, twice within about 30 minutes. I downloaded and installed a firmware update to 1.0.0.5 for the router. I also ran a speedtest and the speed test shows 30mbps/5mbps which is exactly where it should be for her Comcast connection.
Is there anything that I should be looking for in the router specs/setup? Something to alter or change? I'm guessing that the problem is likely the router or it's setup.

Relevancy 78.26%

I ve had this problem for months but it was only every hour or two so it was fairly tolerable It would start working as soon as I disconnected reconnected I usually used a button on my laptop At the moment my laptop doesn t stay connected for more than a minute it seems There might be some physical damage from a long time ago but I m not sure This laptop also crashes a lot so there might be some corrupted stuff or something Wifi periodically disconnects I looked for updated drivers but going through device manager says it s up to date and checking the acer website says that the network drivers are included in and so doesn t have them available for download Here s ipconfig all logs Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ippikiryu Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -E - - D-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f a b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Wifi disconnects periodically Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May- - PM Lease Expires May- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - -C - A-A - D- -AC DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- - -B - -F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c c e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained May- - PM Lease Expires May- - AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- - -C - A-A - D- -AC DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap BBD F AE- - E -A AD-D AB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap domain invalid Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address b f b f Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd bb aa f f f Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe bb aa f f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnects-periodically.1053425/
Relevancy 78.26%

I need some serious help. I wasn't to use my computer again, but here's the issue. I'm using a Dell Inspiron One 2020 all in one PC, a computer strong enough to run League of Legends at 60fps, but that's about it. Considering the title, I'm sure you can guess my issue. Windows 10 has a horrible time keeping me on my WiFi. I know I should be using ether net, but I don't have that luxury quite yet. Downgrading to windows 8.1 or lower isn't an option because of the amount of stuff I have, and I don't want to lose it all. Even with a recovery option, Microsoft has screwed me over, so I'm not taking the chance.

Here are my specs in case it helps

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G2020T @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

RAM: 4.00GB (3.89 usable)

System Type: 64-Bit OS, x64 based processor

Pen and Touch: Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

Please help...

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65404-windows-10-wifi-disconnects.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I recently bought a Lenovo V570 and a Dell Inspiron N5110 from Best Buy but I am having an issue with both of them. Both have Intel i5 processors so it has to be something to do with it. My Wifi randomly disconnects and sometimes it automatically reconnects and sometimes it doesn't connect back. I am using a Netgear router connected to Charter high speed internet. The weird thing is I can connect an iPhone 4, Motorola Xoom, and an older Dell laptop with no problem. Someone please help. This is driving me crazy!!

A:Wifi Randomly Disconnects

If your using 802.1x Authentication please disable it by going into network and sharing center-then to your wireless adapter and click properties and disable it by unchecking it. If you not using that protocol your probably getting a weak signal from the router Netgear routers are known for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179660-wifi-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 78.26%

my laptop's wifi randomly disconnects and sometime after that don't show any network....when i try to troubleshoot it shows blue screen page error and laptop restarts. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/5712195
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello, I have been having trouble with the WiFi connection on my laptop for quite a while now. It used to be that it would simply disconnect from wifi for now apparent reason, but I changed a few settings and now that seems to be resolved for the most part. I have a new problem though. The wifi tends to disconnect for just a couple of seconds occasionally, and then fix itself. It wouldn't be a problem, but the interupt is usually enough to kill my Skype calls (which I do a lot of) or any VPN connections I am on (which I also do a lot of). I have never been sure if it is just my college's network or not. It seems to mostly happen while I am here, but yet I don't know of anyone else who has this kind of trouble with the network. Any idea what would cause a momentary interuption in wifi? Thanks!

A:Wifi disconnects momentarily

I would need for you to do the following. Open a command window, and without the quotes, enter the following "netsh wlan show all". It will show A/P strength, driver info of your wlan adapter.

Now if it is at a college, it could just be that there is not enough coverage, along with the A/P's are too saturated, so people are getting kicked off.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/42205-wifi-disconnects-momentarily.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have an old laptop years that I use as a workstation and nbsp WiFi of my laptop dell Inspiron keeps disconnecting frequently I tried many forums and solutions but still this problem is not resolved solution i tried nbsp Posted byDELL-Nikhil D on nbsp Apr PM Verified Answer Verified by nbsp rajeevlochan moderate Hi rajeevlochan Please try the below mentioned steps Click ldquo Start rdquo type ldquo Power options rdquo and then click ldquo Settings rdquo on the right hand side Click ldquo Power options rdquo from the search results On the Select a power plan page click Change plan settings for the plan that you want to change On the Change settings for the plan page click ldquo Change advanced power settings rdquo frequently WiFi disconnects On the ldquo Advance settings rdquo tab expand ldquo Wireless adapter settings rdquo expand ldquo Power saving mode rdquo and change the settings to ldquo Maximum Performance rdquo Click Apply and then Ok to save changes and exit Restart the computer and check for the strength of wireless networks If the above options do not work please try changing the settings WiFi disconnects frequently for wireless card in Device manager Please follow the below mentioned steps Click ldquo start rdquo Type ldquo Device Manager rdquo in the search box Select ldquo Device Manager ldquo in the list Double click ldquo Network Adapters rdquo Right click the wireless card Select ldquo Properties rdquo and set quot Transmit Power quot to maximum and quot Roaming Aggressiveness quot to lowest setting Restart the computer to save changes and check the wireless signal strength Please post the results this did not work for me please help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19979959
Relevancy 78.26%

i have a bufflo router whr-G300N that i bought atleast 2 yrs ago maybe longer. it was working fine until i had a dns error a couple of weeks ago. I dont have that error anymore but now im geting disconted from my ps3,3ds an other systems how can i fix this problem. also how can i get the WEP setting back right now im on the WPA-PSK setting which is not working to well. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-connection-disconnects.1006821/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hey guys I have had a recent problem with a new xfinity router I just got where my Inspiron computer running Windows is connected to the router but says no internet access This happens often when I am browsing the web or watching a video but not so much when I am not using the internet Wifi Disconnects Random The problem fixes itself usually in Random Wifi Disconnects about minute or so or I can disconnect and reconnect to the router to fix it I also have a problem where my laptop disconnects from the router every time I shut the case I open the laptop again and a little popup shows up in the bottom left saying that no network adapter can be found and the network thing on the task bar says no network connections can be found This goes away after maybe seconds or so but the laptop does not connect to the wifi again until i tell it to Neither of these seem to happen on other devices connected to the router Thanks for all comments nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

I'm using a Hawking High-Game Wireless-G USB Dish Adapter to use the WiFi from my router.
The internet works fine with web browsing and downloading, yet when I try to play a game, it seems to just disconnect on me after playing for a few minutes.
I've tried this with a few games now, and just bought Guild Wars for my brother, but it's logging me out, telling me I lost connection with the server.
Is there a reason for this to happen in all the online games I play?

A:WiFi Disconnects During Games

Could be the router, the adapter, or the drivers.

I'd start by upgrading the drivers for the adapter to the latest available. Next, I'd upgrade the firmware on the router to the latest available and also reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnects-during-games.785435/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there, this is my first question on TSF and I hope this will be solved soon by the awesome experts :)

So, I own a TP-link Usb WiFi adapter (TL-WN321G) and I want to use my win 7 as a virtual WiFi. I've tried Connectify, Virtual router etc. And even TP- link's utility for a virtual hotspot on my win 7.

In all these, WiFi connects, I can browse on my phone but after sometime the connection drops, WiFi disconnects and then connects again, making the WiFi useless.

I then tested virtual WiFi on my old win xp, using Tp- link's utility and its working flawlessly. I tested with all security types (WPA, WPA2, WEP) and also tested encryptions (Tkip, aes) as I can change these in tp-link's utility program in win xp unlike in win 7.

I'm facing problem only in my win 7.

Any help please?

A:Virtual WiFi disconnects after sometime

I see your Adapter shows as discontinued, it just may not be fully compatible with Win7. Have you contacted TP-Link support?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/virtual-wifi-disconnects-after-sometime-656558.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My friend's Win 7 laptop seems to drop the wifi connection when it goes to sleep, although she also says it sometimes drops it even if it has not slept. She is able to fix the issue by disconnecting from the wifi network, and reconnecting.

She bought an external USB wifi adapter, disabled the old one, but it did not fix the problem.

I went into Device Manager and the wifi adapter was not set to sleep to conserve power.

I also went into Power Options and set it to High Performance (still sleeping after an hour) and it is still the same.

She thinks, but is not sure, that the issue may have started when she got a new router/modem from Comcast. But other Win 7 computers in the house have no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Wifi disconnects after sleep

If she has to disconnect and reconnect are you sure that she's disconnected?Is it signal icon with yellow triangle with exclamation mark?Limited access?

Also,
Try updating/downgrading driver.
Maybe in driver adapter settings it's set to sleep and it overrides Windows settings.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/387391-wifi-disconnects-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 78.26%

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
Troubleshooting But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi carddisabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about hereEverything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

A:Wifi continuously disconnects

Windows 10 Forums - Search Results
Many are having issues. The above link contains previous discussions.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38603-wifi-continuously-disconnects.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi all, I recently bought my first laptop (HP Streambook) and it's fine except for it constantly disconnecting from my wifi?
It only does this in my room (note that every other device I own can still pick up and keep a consistent connection in here), and when it picks up the connection, it only has 2-3 bars. It'll then go to 5 bars for about 30 secs, then disconnect completely. When I attempt to reconnect it may not work at all, or appear there with 2-3 bars again. I have reset the network card more times than I care to mention and any amount of troubleshooting won't help. I'm at my wit's end, any ideas?

A:WiFi constantly disconnects?

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly, not the top of the line when it comes to notebooks/laptops. Can't rule out that it simply has a weak wifi adapter and antenna. What adapter does it have? May need to update the drivers. How far are you from the router and are there walls in between?

Also be sure the adapter is not allowed to sleep and power saving mode is not enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62902-wifi-constantly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there, I've just purchased a gaming PC, which I wish to play online games with. However, despite connecting to the internet, the PC disconnects randomly after a few minutes at most - the signal strength goes to zero. Then, even without doing anything, it reconnects and goes to being good signal again, after a minute or so. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any help!

P.S. I have several other computers and games consoles connected to the same wifi and I have never had any similar problems with those.

A:Wifi Disconnects Every Few Minutes

I perhaps should add that I am using a TP-Link Network Adapter (USB) to connect to wifi, as my PC came with no network card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wifi-disconnects-every-few-minutes-701015.html
Relevancy 78.26%

My laptop has suddenly developed a problem. It will randomly disconnect from the stable wifi connection I have. I have observed the router when this happens and it is not the router as the signal is always there. It will disconnect and then about a minute later auto reconnect. A week ago I came back to my laptop and it wanted me to choose if LOV53 ( my wifi connect name) was a home or public connection. I didn't understand why it asked this again but I choose home. Another thing that has changed, My network use to say connected to LOV53 now it says LOV53 2. Maybee the channel changed I dont know. If anyone can figure out why this has happened and help me repair it I will worship you. I have all my drivers up to date also ... Thnk YOu in Advance for the halp

Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

I'm using a SAGEM X762N wifi adapter on my laptop running windows 8.1. The wifi randomly disconnects and the only way to fix it is to disconnect the adapter from the usb port and then plug it in again.(Sometimes this doesn't work as well, i have to repeat this step until it works). When it does disconnect, I can't connect back unless I do that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wifi-adapter-randomly-disconnects.1166775/
Relevancy 77.4%

How do I stop this from happening?
My GTalk calls end and the Online XM Radio stops streaming when I close my lid on my laptop.

Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Linksys WRT160N conencted to a pc, Windows Vista
I can connect it to my ipod but after a few hours or so, it disconnects and I can get to reconnect again.
"Unable to connect to network "........"

It works after I unplug it and replug it.

Relevancy 77.4%

The main problem I am having is my internet connection disconnects randomly whenever I am online It occurs more frequently when I am using a lot of bandwidth such as YouTube streaming downloading files etc It averages a disconnect about every minutes So far I have used my PC on different networks and it disconnects at the same intervals on all of them I have changed OS from Windows to I have changed WiFi adapters twice and it still happens to each one I have tweaked some settings on Windows but not all of them When I look at the adapter when the disconnect occurs the light that normally blinks when connected shuts off as if it lost power Then it turns back on when it is connected My gut feeling is the motherboard may be too old to support newer network technology but I am open to suggestions Any help is greatly appreciated at this time Thank you Here are my stats Intel E Wolfdale Dual-Core GHz CPU GIGABYTE GA-G MT-S PT Motherboard APEVIA ATX-AS W-BL W Powersupply G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR EVGA GeForce GT Video card ASUS XONAR D - Channel PCI Audio Card Cooler Master Hyper Plus CPU Cooler Panda Wireless PAU USB Adapter ASUS VW H quot Monitor Rosewill Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Windows -bit OS nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi guys,

My university has wireless in the dorms, which is great but it randomly disconnects me from the network. I don't have such problems on any of my mobile devices, so I'm convinced there's a Windows tweak that could help with this problem. Does anybody have any ideas?

A:Frequent disconnects from university wifi

Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling Wireless adapter will fix, have you tried that? Or upgrading it's drivers? Also, perhaps your wireless adapter is failing, or a setting is wrong? Do you have access to a USB based wireless adapter to test this theory?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/185847-frequent-disconnects-university-wifi.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My laptop constantly disconnects from wifi at home. Other devices at home work fine. The laptop does not disconnect when I take it to another location once a week.  I have tried turning off the power saving option under the device manager but that does not help. The adapter is a Gigabit Ethernet Broadcom Network. According to Windows, it is up to date.  This is my first Acer and it may well be my last. 

A:Aspire E1-571G disconnects from wifi

If it doesn't disconnect from other locations, it may be a conflict between the router and the computer or something with the environment the computer is in. Have you updated the wireless LAN driver for the product? What operating system are you running? You may try the suggestions on http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32747 to see if they help, especially resetting the modem/router.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-E1-571G-disconnects-from-wifi/td-p/427559/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 77.4%

Every time i plug anything into a USB on my computer it will disconnect from my WiFi for 30 second to a minute, also my mouse will sometimes freeze until i disconnect and reconnect it, which causes me to trigger this issue. The mouse i am using is the Razer Naga Epic. my wireless adapter is ASUS PCE-AC68 PCI Express Dual-band Wireless-AC1900 Adapter, and i am using windows 7 64 bit. not sure if any other info is needed.

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Everyone,

I got a small problem I wanted to share..
Sometimes when I am working on my laptop doing whatever it just disconnects me out of the blue.
It shows this stupid icon and says that there are no connections possible:
At first, I did not know what to do so I just began doing some random things on the network center. Then I figured out how to solve it:

First open network center
Then, Open adapter settings
Disable your Wifi network card
Next, Enable it again
And then your internet connection is back again

Now this works fine on short term, it takes like less then one minute, but its starting to drive me crazy now so does any one knows why it does this and how I can solve it once and for all?

A:Wifi randomly disconnects me from network :(

Right off the bat I'm thinking it is related to your marginal signal strength as shown in the last image. My advice is to test it when you get 4 or 5 solid bars and see if it happens. I guess that means you will have to move closer to the router; yes? Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28582-wifi-randomly-disconnects-me-network.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all, my Acer aspire is now knocking on about 5-6 year old but is working well. However recently there has been a big problem, which is whenever I turn my laptop power on the Wifi Internet goes off. Any other time the Internet is absolutely fine but this only happens when said laptop is turned on. I have rebooted the laptop and nothing has changed. Can anyone please help?

Relevancy 77.4%

This Chromebook is quite possibly the most frustrating thing I've ever bought Throwing aside the fact that the trackpad stopped working after a few days which I assume is tied to a disconnection within the case the internet continuously disconnects and more frustratingly won't reconnect without a restart nbsp I notice it when I try to save a project or load a website The bottom restart.... reconnect Wifi without Won't disconnects. icon will show that wifi is not connected I click the icon and reselect the Wifi disconnects. Won't reconnect without restart.... network The wifi icon will then change to show as connected but nothing will load Interestingly if I try to load a page such as CNN com the status in the lower right-hand corner of the window suggests to me that it's loading some data e g it will tell me it's loading I don't know cookies I don't know anything about this stuff but it will show something along the lines of loading cdn text com nbsp Anyway it will eventually pause on the of the updates nbsp regardless of the website When I open my network settings it still shows as connected It's only when I enter settings nbsp that it shows it's not Wifi disconnects. Won't reconnect without restart.... connected and only after this point does my wifi icon go blank zero bars as opposed to showing an 'x' No matter what I do I cannot get nbsp connectivity without restarting and losing my work nbsp Chromebook CB - - Months OldProblem exists on home and public networks

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Wifi-disconnects-Won-t-reconnect-without-restart-Chromebook-14/td-p/455540
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello!
I have problem with my Lenovo G50-80 Laptop. I have wireless network drivers updated (removed and reinstalled also), but problem is not gone and I am going nuts because of this.
I can connect to wifi - no problem with that. Problem starts when it automatically disconnects for like 7-10 seconds and then connects again. So if I am browsing internet, working etc, it shows errors and I cant work.. it is not with one particular network, but many. I have tried like 5 different spots.
Please help!
What am I doing wrong?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-problem-disconnects-after-5-10-minutes-4602898/
Relevancy 77.4%

My hp laptop that is a couple years old has recently connected to the wifi right when I log in w no problems but after about 10mins it slows down and disconnects and eventually I need to restart and usually the same thing will happen again. When it disconnects the wifi disappears completely and no connections are available.Any idea?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connects-then-shortly-after-disconnects-then-all-all/td-p/5782254
Relevancy 77.4%

A month back the windows 10 on my laptop updated  on its own and since then I have been having Wifi problems.The Wifi connections sometimes are avilable and sometimes they don't show up or  they show a reduced signal strength even when I rest my Laptop very close to the router.Wifi adapter is : Ralink RT3290 802. 11bgnI have tried various solutions but but none seem to have worked in the longterm. 1)Tried updating the Wifi Driver but it says that driver is the latest. 2) Command Prompt : netsh int ip reset 3)Command Prompt :      reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f    netcfg -v -u dni_dne   It says  "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value."Please help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-disconnects-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5807824
Relevancy 76.54%

for a while now ive had problems with Wifi suddenly dropping and unable to come back on without restart of laptop - im not 100% sure how it happens but im always using Firefox (obviously) when it happens and thought it may be related to flash plugin - after its happened the mouse pointer freezes/sticks a little when moving it about the screen... no matter what I try in windows it will not come back on until I restart the laptop....

im using Windows 7 x86

any takers?

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-disconnects-and-wont-come-back-on-until-restart.928097/
Relevancy 76.54%

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

A:Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Hi, please try the solution found here:
Solved WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41634-laptop-disconnects-wifi-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I've entered in the password on the hotels website, so I have access. It stays up for a couple of minutes, and then drops completely. There is more than one open, so it's not that it goes out of range. After a few minutes, my computer just stops searching.
The only way I can get it to work(for about 30 seconds) is when I disable the drivers.

A:At a hotel, wifi connects for a few minutes and then disconnects.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

Usually at a Hotel there are several Wi-Fi Users, if the Hotel has several Access Points it will help a lot. The higher the bandwidth they have the better connection you'll have and favorable for the Hotel guests. Any particular time that you get disconnect more? How's your connection late at night?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/330462-hotel-wifi-connects-few-minutes-then-disconnects.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi there I need help The wireless internet access of my laptop disconnects after every few hours of use and does not reconnect for a good hour or so During the hour it constantly connects to the router fails breaks the connection and tries over and over again After an hour or so it just disconnects fails prolonged and use to Wifi reconnect after succeeds and internet connection is back and works fine again for some hours - wifi signal Wifi disconnects and fails to reconnect after prolonged use is excellent full bars sitting right next to the router does not make a difference - other devices have no trouble connecting to the router smartphone other laptop etc and they do not experience such hiccups - restarting the router does not help - restarting the laptop also does not help - The router actually registers my laptop connecting every minute and then it disappears for the list of connected devices - I cannot ping the router or anything else from my laptop during this time - device manager says drivers are up to date I am guessing its either my wifi card dieing or I have some odd signal interference Or maybe something else Any ideas asus laptop win intel centrino wireless n- card bt broadband service bt home hub router

A:Wifi disconnects and fails to reconnect after prolonged use

Open Device Management and go into wifi properties, power management and uncheck turning it off etc.

Also download Linux Mint MATE and make bootable DVD/USB. Boot with it (no need to install) and see if it will work alright.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376006-wifi-disconnects-fails-reconnect-after-prolonged-use.html
Relevancy 76.54%

All was working fine until i accidently let drive booster update my drivers. It update a whole host of drivers including the Intel Centrino 2200 wireless card driver. Ive tried installing differente version, uninstalling and rollling back, but nothing seems to be working. What is the best driver for this machine and wifi card? Also has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Thanks all in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Wifi-disconnects-intermittently-on-T430-running-windows-10/td-p/3438350
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys been experiencing an issue where my acer laptop disconnects from the router, a AZTECH wireless extender, when another device connects to the same extender.

otherwise the main modem is CISCO.

my laptop runs on windows 7 professional x64

i also attached a screenshot of the xirrus program

disconnection mainly happens when im playing online games which sucks so i hope someone knows whats up and can help!

A:Wifi disconnects when another device connects to the router

Does router DHCP has enough IPs to assign?

Try another channel in wireless options in router interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376726-wifi-disconnects-when-another-device-connects-router.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Well first of all I suspect that it s my laptop which is a bleeping POS However since I seem to have the problem on both Sprint G and using an external usb wifi adaptor I think there could be something else going on boradband disconnects Random wifi or sprint using I have an HP TX series which has a known issue with the built in wifi card overheating and failing Well my card has failed Random disconnects using wifi or sprint boradband completely so I bought an external wifi b g card Now back to my Sprint I was only using that for a while since I bought this wretched POS laptop and have been having random disconnects mainly when I m downloading on P P sites I m using the most current software I am forcing the DNS which I m told helps to get faster internet could be the problem and I know this thing is spyware and virus free as I keep Random disconnects using wifi or sprint boradband on top of that Any ideas But now that I think of it I didn t have the connect auto on the wifi so that might fix that issue though I still shouldn t be getting knocked off the network i am runnung what i believe is a geniune copy of vista ultimate nbsp

A:Random disconnects using wifi or sprint boradband

well, the broadband companies may be knocking you off p2p - they arent to kind to that. i use a sprint usb cel card on my laptop (running right next to me now), and i would ask you to look at the sprint symbol when you are online. there should be green bars on the top of the yellow box that has a pic of the antenna. the green bars are your signal. is it possible the signal is swinging in and out, or, that you are in between 2 (or more) cel towers? (the modem cel card will switch between towers, hence resetting the connection). forcing dns will change how your machine is found on the internet, so if you dont NEED to do so, i wouldnt. the sprint card or your router should do so just fine. hopefully, this helps you a bit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-disconnects-using-wifi-or-sprint-boradband.880104/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello! I'm having a problem with my wifi. I have an asus laptop my OS is windows 8 pro. So im connecting to the internet fine just for like 4 or 5 hours maybe the whole day sometimes. Then my wifi just disconnects and the networks dissappear one by one and then there is no network. Tried turning off and on the wifi. No change, only solution is to restart my pc and hope it wont happen again. I tried troubleshooting. It fixed the problem 2 times and connected back. And it won't fix anymote. It said it had some probelm with access point. Pls help me! The problem keeps repeating. Fine for hours then keeps disconnecting

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I am creating Wifi Hotspot in Windows 8.1 using the following command:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyHotspot key=mywifikey

Then I start the hosted network. After starting the hostednetwork, I enable Internet Connection Sharing on my Huawei E397bu-502 device (4G LTE USB Dongle) in Network Connections. I can successfully connected my Android KitKat device to the hotspot and have internet connectivity on my Android.

But the problem is that the Android Phone disconnects randomly. Then I need to run

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

After this I can again connect my Android to hotspot. But the process of disconnection continues.

Same happens if I share my Huawei-E397 internet connection via USB to my Android. There are no logs available so i have no idea where is the problem.

A:Win 8.1 Wifi Hotspot Disconnects Connected Devices

Welcome to the forum!

I thought you deserved some kind of reply by now although it is no help. These hotspot setups are so unique to what each person is trying to do I pretty much have given up trying to help online. So many variables. I hope someone can jump in and give you some guidance.

Would say to check all adapters and computer settings to make sure nothing is set to sleep or power save.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65507-win-8-1-wifi-hotspot-disconnects-connected-devices.html
Relevancy 76.54%

hi to everyone. my asus laptop model is N53S and its been disconnecting the wifi connection about 3 month. i dont think the problem is from router because all other devices like android phones and laptops are connected and working properly. my laptop used to disconnect every time that it was hit or i moved it.but now it is disconnected randomly about 5 or 6 times a day even if i dont move it. when its disconnected sometimes the red cross or a yellow triangle appears on the wifi connection and windows functions so slowly and noises starts everytime i try to hear anything. i have tried re installing the wireless adapter in the device manager but it havent been fixed. do you think the wireless adapter should be replaced? what is its problem?

Relevancy 76.54%

I have a windows 7 machine that disconnects from the Internet intermittedly. The problem occurs with an Ethernet connection or a wifi connection. I've run a number of anti-malware programs and nothing helped.

A:Internet Disconnects and reconnects both Ethernet or wifi

Does this happen on only your Computer or do you have others connected with same issue ?
If you are the only one connected try another Pc or Laptop and see if error reproduces.
I would think it would be a Modem Router issue , also check lines and filters etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575795/internet-disconnects-and-reconnects-both-ethernet-or-wifi/
Relevancy 76.54%

My laptop is randomly disconnecting from my new router. Sometimes it's every few minutes, sometimes it can be an hour or two in between disconnections. This only seems to effect wireless devices and I notice it most often on my laptop. The router is a Fritz!Box 7490 and is connected to 2degrees Internet. The message in the WLAN event log is :

Wireless LAN device deregistered itself (5 GHz). MAC address: 64:BC:0C:6A:79:62

The weird thing is that if I disconnect from wifi and reconnect it re-establishes the connection near instantly. Sometimes it just shows as connected to wifi but not to the internet.

I have tried factory resetting the router (As suggested by 2degrees Internet) and I've tried setting my laptop DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have also tried to change the wifi channels in case of interference.

Any suggestions or advice is welcome and I'm happy to provide extra info on request. Thank you for your attention.

A:Laptop disconnects from Wifi at random intervals

Hi, please try the solution found here:
Solved WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41634-laptop-disconnects-wifi-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I bought this HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab516TX few months back. Since the beginnning I am facing the problem of network connectivity in wifi. The wifi keeps on disconnecitng and it's very frustrating. I have tried everything given on the internet to fix the issue but nothing helped. it seems there is a problem in the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi adapter. I have now installed the Windows 10 1607 update but still the issue persists. I contacted HP support center, after multiple calls and even the engineer visiting my place, the problem persists. They have asked to revert to Windows 8 which is stupid, as no one would  want to degrade to a lower version. Anyone who has faced similar problem and have got it fixed? 

A:Wifi disconnects continuously with HP Pavilion Notebook 15-a...

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try a newer driver than the one on your notebook's support page. The W10 driver on your notebook's support page is from Oct 20, 2015. However, several updated drivers have been released since then.  This is the latest one I could find... 2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A (9 Sep 2016) This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-disconnects-continuously-with-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5789179
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello,My laptop is running on Windows 10 BUILD 10240.My laptop's Wireless Card is from Broadcom. It is BCM43142.The problem is that the WiFi sometimes drop and causes the whole OS to freeze. I can't literally do anything except Force Shut Down by pressing the power key to restart it.It just completely freezes the whole system.FYI, I have installed the latest version of drivers already.I hope that someone else having this problem can help raise the voice.

A:HP Pavillion p077tx Freezes when WiFi Disconnects

Hi @gautamhans1?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15-p077tx Notebook and issues with the Wireless adapter. I would check the Device Manager and uninstall anything you see there in the Network adapters Wireless. Restart the Notebook.Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating for Windows 10. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavillion-p077tx-Freezes-when-WiFi-Disconnects/td-p/5168510
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm in an apartment that has cable internet and i use the wifi The first months i rarely had any issues besides a few random disconnects where i connect back and its working perfectly Wifi Doesn't Internet Work/Disconnects Few days ago the electricity Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects went out for close to days Then once electricity came back internet worked as well but the thing is the wifi seems to have lot of issues Some times it would work but then many hours it wouldn't so i have to connect to Internet Wifi Doesn't Work/Disconnects the internet using my iphone by tethering it as a hot spot Im also out of the usa at the moment so data here is very expensive so i dont watch youtube or anything like that when tethering the internet Is there a way to find out why my internet wifi is behaving like this The thing is i'm wondering could it be something with my laptop itself because i have had issues with it last few days I also seen the so called blue screen i had never seen that before with this laptop ever Had this happen multiple times as well Each time it does i let it load then i restart it to safe mode then restart it to regular mode The thing is i connect to the router by wired internet at the moment so i only use the wifi However right now im not sure percent if this is an internet problem or it could possibly be my laptop but i lean heavily for it to my cable internet Is there a way to find out Also i can connect to the wifi and it will show the bars even when i can't visit sites etc

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi I am having a weird problem Once i login into my system and it connects to my wife router and works fine for - mins some time - mins and all of sudden it gets disconnect restarting after and system Wifi enables only disconnects from Wife network and it shows LAN connection with yellow triangle even I am not connected to any LAN wire I have tried ipconfig commands and other utilities Wifi disconnects and enables only after restarting system like NetAdapterRepair but still the wifi adapter will not be Wifi disconnects and enables only after restarting system available to select and it is weird in network connection will also not visible in controlannel gt network adapter network connection Though the wifi network Wifi disconnects and enables only after restarting system and router is working fine as I am able to connect using my iphone and other laptop at the same time I have to restart the system then only again I can connect to wifi netwrok My system config Windows Professional Lenovo Edge Wifi Network adapter b g n Wireless LAN Mini-PCI Express Adapter II Manufacture Realtek Semiconductor Corp Please help me on this issue Thanks in Advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586945/wifi-disconnects-and-enables-only-after-restarting-system/
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm going to start from the very beginning and use as much detail as possible because this is my final hope I have seriously tried everything I'm not the most tech smart person but I am willing to try whatever else I am suggested I have comcast and a d modem I have a linksys router EA running firmware version I have a Asus G sx laptop running windows ultimate bit I have a Intel Centrilo Wireless N Wireless adapter Never had a single problem ever I play WoW use ventrillo have steam open and constantly browse reddit and youtube For years no problems Two weeks ago i started getting strong interruptions they would last for about Randomly Disconnects doing Wifi many vid when streaming things, mainly ten minutes It was primarily when I was in a game of League of legends or streaming a youtube video I just thought it was me putting to much on Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid my internet as my wife also uses her ipad to watch netflix However now it is frustrating me so bad When I am just browsing sites it will only kick me off occasionally however if Im connected to ventrillo or streaming a youtube video its pretty Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid much a sure thing to Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid knock me off I first made sure all other devices were working fine and they are Ipad stays connected our phones stay online I reset my modem and router and called comcast to make sure they didnt see any interuptions on their side and they did not I have the router about three feet from the modem the cables are connected fine and my laptop is only about feet from the router with no walls in between or any other devices around I completely wiped my hard drive i have Kaspersky installed i manually downloaded the drivers from intel to make sure they were up to date I have WPA -psk security on my wifi There are literally no other programs or files on my computer except steam wow and ventrillo and google chrome I have tried changing the power management on my network adapter to not let it go to sleep I tried running the admin command prompt with netsh winsock reset catalog and netsh ipv reset reset log and restarting my laptop I have tried changing the channel on my wifi to I took my to a friends house and his wifi worked perfect on my laptop I took replaced my wifi card bucks on amazon not bad and still the problem persists My comcast plan allows me Mbps although soon ill be switching providers I seriously have no idea what the problem is I took it to a local computer store good reviews nice older couple and they kept it for a few days and didnt charge me anything but said they could not find a single thing wrong with the laptop Lastly when it disconnects the wifi goes from bars down to and then a little yellow hazard sign comes up I run troubleshooting and it tells me different things sometimes its something along the lines or quot Reseting Wireless Adapter quot or quot The Default gateway is not available quot or quot A connection is broken between your modem router or wireless adapter quot I am so frustrated and confused I really have no clue what to do I have seen a few people attaching ipconfigs to their files so i thought i would do that but seriously anything anyone can help me with would be amazing and i would name my first born child after them probably Edit Just another note forgot that occasionally the troubleshooting will tell me something along the lines of The Device is not set up microsoft com to receive access to The World Wide Web

A:Wifi Randomly Disconnects when doing many things, mainly streaming vid

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It sounds like the laptops has worked just fine on two other networks (friend & service shop). You might try putting the Linksys AC/N router in the N mode only. You might also take your router to your friend's home and test things there. If your router/laptop works while in another home, then perhaps some type of interference has shown up at your place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/327170-wifi-randomly-disconnects-when-doing-many-things-mainly-streaming-vid.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone, i have a Hp Pavilion dv9030us laptop,I have been using the laptop for almost 2 years now but recently I've been having problem with the wireless connection. It seems as if the wireless capability of my laptop has suddenly decreased, i find it hard to stay connected to my home wireless router, it just disconnects at will, it's fraustrating and am fed up.

I will appreciated it if anyone can help me out fixing this problem, am using windows vista ultimate, and i've updated my drivers already and the problem still persists, please help me .

Relevancy 76.54%

I have had a problem for the past couple days. I have looked over many places on the internet and have not found a solution.

The problem is my computer ASUS ul 30-a up until a few days ago was running fine on wireless until a couple of days ago when the wireless constantly was cutting out every minute or so and reconecting 10-15 seconds later. I have reformatted my computer and installed multiple new driver from the Asus website. When wired into the router the internet works perfectly. But wireless even directly next to it does not work. Their are 2 other laptops in the house neither which have had any problem dropping connections. Another thing I fine odd is that my computer is perfectly fine on my wireless at school. I have tried resetting the router and multiple router setting but still nothing. Renew release Ip, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello fine men and women of sevenforums What you are seeing here today is a man's steady progression signal, Desktop wifi if poor Random getting very any. disconnects. from sanity to complete unadulterated madness All was good and well in my Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. PC until the fateful day someone decided to unplug my house's modem for a mere seconds Now this is usually if anything a FIX to people's internet problems therefore your guesses are as good as mine as to why it completely obliterated every shred of Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. hope I have I Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects. believe my adapter is called the quot RangeMax tm NEXT Wireless Adapter WN B quot I have tried just about every fix I can think of yet the problem persists My computer is incapable of holding a steady connection with my home's wifi network At some points in the day it is impossible to even connect to the network Other times it just BARELY seems to connect and fittingly it can BARELY complete any basic task For the most part it says it's connected yet shows no actual signs of being so as in it can't load ANYTHING Beyond that when it is connected and functional it sporadically will disconnect completely from the network only to rejoin say ten seconds later As I'm sure you all understand this is incredibly frustrating As I said I have tried several things to get it all back in tip-top shape I have started of course with a simple reboot I have completely reset my router's settings as well as changing the radio channel it operates on Nothing changes From that point on I knew that the problem was solely with my computer and that the rest of the computers on the network were able to use the wifi connection perfectly normally From there I uninstalled my wireless adapter and deleted the drivers then re-installed the hardware and drivers Then I became both lost and enraged like a feral ape who just escaped his exhibit at the zoo I daintily removed all the wires connected to my PC and threw it overhead at the wall But alas still not fixed In conclusion I'm really losing it here folks

A:Desktop getting very poor wifi signal, if any. Random disconnects.

Hi Hawk,

Can you provide the information thats requested in the link below? It will help while we troubleshoot your problem.

Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373393-desktop-getting-very-poor-wifi-signal-if-any-random-disconnects.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys.

Since installing the recent updates for Windows 10, every now and then my Wifi will just disconnect... Turning it back on is as simple as clicking on the Internet icon and clicking "connect" again, though I'm a gamer and when the connection drops out during games it becomes a real problem. My Wifi is set to connect automatically, but that tool seems to be ignored as it disconnects and stays disconnected until I manually click "connect".

A:Wifi disconnects randomly since windows 10 update 2 days ago.

Hi Earless, just want to let you know that, although I don't have a solution to your problem, I've had my wifi icon change to show I'm always in "airplane mode" even thought I'm not. In other words, others are having similar problems, and the solution must go beyond simply "turning system icons on and off" and "restarting the system." Those don't work. For any and all reading this thread, this is an issue of consequence, for indeed we all know that at times our wifi does go out and it'd be nice to simply verify that at a glance at a functioning icon rather than to have to run several test web pages to see if, indeed, I am still connected to the internet. Does anyone have a solution? My experience also came immediately after the recent (Dec 19th, 2015) update to Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34441-wifi-disconnects-randomly-since-windows-10-update-2-days-ago.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello All,
I'm using an Inspiron 1012 to connect to a WiFi source which is located in the same building on one floor below.  I often have very slow network response and/or frequent network disconnects.  I'm not exactly sure, but could an outdated NIC be the problem.  Is someone able to diagnose with more certainty, what my problem is and how I can fix it?
Please contact me if you require any further information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19836838
Relevancy 75.68%

At times I can get brief internet. Maybe for a few seconds, WiFi will work. After that, it will disconnect, saying "connections are available". Then I have to reconnect, and the same thing happens. I installed the proper drivers. I am using a built-in Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter.

A:Reinstalled Windows 8.1 on Laptop - WiFi disconnects upon connecting

any help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360853-reinstalled-windows-8-1-laptop-wifi-disconnects-upon-connecting.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,

I just got a new Lenovo E545 laptop in the mail today with Windows 7 Professional.

I get randomly disconnected from my Wifi.  This happens anywhere from 5 minutes apart to 30 minutes apart.  I can't seem to find any common reason. 

I have Verizon Fios Quantum and am almost positive it is not an issue with the router.  All of my other devices including another laptop have no connectivity issues.

I have looked around online but can't seem to fix the issue.  I just checked and my drivers are up to date.  Once I troubleshoot the connection it has said several different things, from something related to my ip address to something to do with the wireless card.  It always is connected again within 30 seconds. 

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538899/new-lenovo-e545-w-windows-prof-wifi-randomly-disconnects/
Relevancy 73.96%

Older laptop disconnects from hotel wifi at regular intervals about every 45 seconds?

It is a dell d600. it supports wpa2 but i think there maybe a problem with tkip/aes or something. This is the second time I have stayed at a hotel with it. And it connects but then disconnects after 45 seconds or so, kind of like it is on a timer or something...

I have a newer laptop and it stays connected.

So anything I can do about this problem? Or I need a new wifi card? Thanks

A:Solved: Older laptop disconnects from hotel wifi at regular intervals about every 45

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-older-laptop-disconnects-from-hotel-wifi-at-regular-intervals-about-every-45.1098695/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi all browser + Update unreachable not disconnects + downloadable redirects WiFI & Windows I have a Dell Vostro laptop XP with SP Started acting strange a few weeks back I dont recall installing any software or other changes prior to WiFI disconnects + browser redirects + Windows Update unreachable & not downloadable this time While connected to WiFi and surfing after a few minutes the WiFi config window would open and state that Windows could not config the WiFi and to start Windows ZeroConfig Along with this problem Firefox would get re-directed to all sorts WiFI disconnects + browser redirects + Windows Update unreachable & not downloadable of odd places WiFI disconnects + browser redirects + Windows Update unreachable & not downloadable even if no button was being clicked Disable Re-enable the radio had to be done via System Manager and rarely got things working A reboot is usually required to get the WiFi working again Sometimes the reboot does not complete and all I get on my screen is my wallpaper with no icons The laptop is running Spybot SpywareBlaster Ad-Aware AVG and Symantec Endpoint Protection I updated all these to the latest rev and ran full scans one at a time A few trojans were found by Spybot AVG found nothing during the scan but reported another trojan while Ad-Aware was running Ad-Aware found cookies and one trojan Tools each reported that what they found was successfully removed quarantined I tried to update Windows by going to the Windows Update Site using the link in IE Tools- gt Windows Update The link gives the error quot The page cannot be displayed quot with quot Cannot find server quot in the window title bar I can get to the Microsoft main page www microsoft com I went to Security amp Updates link to Windows Update From there I can quot Try Windows Update Today quot and quot Review License Agreement quot After this the web page says quot The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view quot I dug around and found the link to download the Window Update Installer exe file When I select the link and click quot Save As quot I get the quot The page cannot be displayed quot with quot Cannot find server quot in the window title bar problem again I m not sure if I have a bunch of separate problems or one infection with fingers in many pies Looking forward to any assistannce you can provide

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368662/wifi-disconnects-browser-redirects-windows-update-unreachable-not-downloadable/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi I purchased a Dell Inspiron 15 (5558) series Inspiron WiFi laptop automatically disconnects 5000 in my series laptop in October from the Dell store in Amazon It was shipped with Windows pre-installed I didn t have to upgrade The laptop is generally functioning very well and I don t see any hardware issues The one issue I m facing since the time I bought my laptop is that the WiFi disconnects automatically after a while There s no specific time period at which this happens but it happens nonetheless if I leave it alone for a significant period of time anywhere b w minutes WiFi disconnects automatically in my Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop (5558) to a few hours I mostly leave the laptop on throughout the day Each time the only option I m left with is to restart the laptop which fixes the issue Another thing that I observed whenever this issue happens is that all options regarding WiFi don t work For eg I tried disabling and enabling the WiFi driver I clicked on the disable option multiple time and it doesn t do anything However when I restart the system the driver is disabled and I have to manually enable it for WiFi to connect Other Devices I used to have a Dell XPS before and it used to work fine and my office laptop is a Dell Latitude and it doesn t have this issue either I also connect my phone Samsung S and tablet Nexus to the same network and no issues Details Laptop Dell Inspiron Series OS Windows shipped with laptop in Oct Internet Comcast Mbps Initially it was fine but now this continuous restart now and then is getting on my nerves I ve tried googling for this issue a lot and played around with most settings including setting the power setting to maximum performance so please don t quote that solution Any help here would be appreciated Thanks in advance Thanks Sriraj

A:WiFi disconnects automatically in my Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop (5558)

Can anybody help with this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19662734
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I have found a few people with similar problems after extensive searching but nothing I have tried has worked so far I recently built a new PC from scratch and installed Vista which I am still getting to grips with Everything works fine except the wireless connection drops seemingly at random (other Vista unaffected disconnects with Asus Wifi + randomly computers Wireless Solo about - times a day When it disconnects there are no wireless networks availible to connect to there are usually different networks in the list and I have to disable and enable wireless networking on the network connections screen When Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected I initially set up the computer i had a lot of trouble getting the wireless to work at all due to interference between the asus wifi software and vista In order to get it to work I manually installed the drivers from the realtek website Other computers connected to the Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected network are unaffected by the drop outs including my XP laptop which I have right next to the computer Connection strength and internet speed is fine when it actually works All the software I am running is pretty much the same as on Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected my XP laptop so I can t think of any problems there I have tried numerous wireless channels changing from b g to g only resetting the router and reinstalling the wifi drivers several times powersaving has been disabled for the wifi card also One thing that is a little perculiar is that even though the wireless adapter is part of the motherboard it appears as a usb device in the quot safely remove hardware quot list but i have been unable to find alternative drivers This is all the information I can think to provide other details are listed below PC intel Q vista ultimate bit Asus PK -E motherboard with Asus Wifi Solo Realtek RTL L Drivers installed version Wireless Be Broadband UK SpeedTouch b g Channel Selection Manual Channel Allow multicast from Broadband Network Yes Broadcast Network Name No Allow New Devices New stations are allowed automatically Security Mode WEP bit here is what i get from trying ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users teaeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name teaeff-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List config Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc cd b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A B D-C DE- A-BB - FC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a d eba Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a a... Read more

A:Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-randomly-disconnects-with-vista-asus-wifi-solo-other-computers-unaffected.691204/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello. I have a problem with my Sony Vaio E-series laptop. It disconnects from my WiFi every time when I am in the middle of an online game. It does it sometimes while I am web browsing. I had Windows 7 at first when I had the problem. I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 to solve the problem, but the problem still comes along! I have the evaluation copy of Windows 10 and it runs pretty well. This problem has started in the beginning of the month of July 2015. Can anyone help me solve this? I tried reinstalling the drivers and disabling and re-enabling the adapter but nothing works. I also tried resetting the adapter by using the wireless toggle switch on the lip of the laptop and it turns back on. But I still need to know why it disconnects when I play games or searching the web. Thank you!

A:Solved: My Sony Vaio E-series disconnects from WiFi Network while playing online game

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-sony-vaio-e-series-disconnects-from-wifi-network-while-playing-online-game.1151760/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.52%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 70.52%

The Intel AC3165 wifi adapter on my Inspiron 7559 periodically will disconnect every couple of minutes and most the time I have to go through the Disable/Enable route to get it to work.  But then, magically, it will start to work properly and will do so for several days until the problems start again.
I have the latest driver installed (18.33.0.1) and I have turned off the "allow operating system to turn off wifi" switch.  And I have played with other settings until I am blue in the face.
Furthermore, even when the adapter doesn't continually disconnect, it is totally unreliable when switching from one wifi source to another.  Sometimes the change is easy, but many times I have to reboot the computer to make it happen.  Very frustrating.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682987
Relevancy 70.09%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 68.8%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/