Windows Support Forum

ALPS Touchpad Not Scrolling Properly on MS Edge

Q: ALPS Touchpad Not Scrolling Properly on MS Edge

It seems that Alps Touchpad isn't fully compatible with Windows 10 given that it couldn't scroll properly on MS Edge. The mouse can scroll, but it scrolls like a snail, like I'm scrolling a backgound application. Indeed, it seems that the touchpad sees MS Edge a background app even though it is in the foreground because if I put Edge as actually a background app and another program (e.g. video player) in the foreground, MS Edge scrolls well without any issue. It seems that Alps sees MS applications as this: foreground app is background app; background app is a foreground app. I hope HP or Alps will provide an updated driver.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ALPS Touchpad Not Scrolling Properly on MS Edge

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: ALPS Touchpad Not Scrolling Properly on MS Edge

Hi, Please use the following link to download and install to your computer. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_140673_1 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/ALPS-Touchpad-Not-Scrolling-Properly-on-MS-Edge/td-p/5722875
Relevancy 101.05%

I have a new hp mini 311 that uses an alps touchpad in windows 7 with the latest hp drivers installed. The touchpad works great for normal mouse movements, but edge vertical scrolling is almost unusably bad. It scrolls a few lines here and there inconsistently, not really matching up to how my finger is moving along the scroll area. It's very inconsistent. It's almost like the alps drivers are doing their own processing to scroll the windows instead of having the scroll area emulate a mouse wheel (like in every other laptop I've used). There are sensitivity and scroll area controls in the drivers I'm using, but they don't help much.

Are there any different alps touchpad drivers out there that have better scrolling performance that I could try out? Or, are there ways to get the default windows touchpad drivers (which only work with mouse movement) to work with edge scrolling? Thanks.

A:Solved: bad vertical scrolling with alps touchpad

All right, I managed to find a solution to this problem. Install the toshiba alps 7.5.303.117 drivers. It doesn't let you customize any of the options, but it definitely fixes scrolling and works pretty well. The drivers are kind of tricky to find, but you might be able to find them on a toshiba sight and they fixed everything for me. Hope this helps anyone with similar problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-bad-vertical-scrolling-with-alps-touchpad.925353/
Relevancy 100.19%

I have my new laptop since 1 week and 1 thing keeps bothering me:
It's only possible to do inverted 2-finger scrolling wich feels very unnatural to me; I want to be able to scroll normaly: down for down and vice versa

I tried replacing the driver with the newest one and also some other drivers but either not working or same result.
pls advice as this is a deal breaker to me!

A:Satellite ALPS touchpad no normal scrolling only inverted

Originally Posted by born_now

I have my new laptop since 1 week and 1 thing keeps bothering me:
It's only possible to do inverted 2-finger scrolling wich feels very unnatural to me; I want to be able to scroll normaly: down for down and vice versa

I tried replacing the driver with the newest one and also some other drivers but either not working or same result.
pls advice as this is a deal breaker to me!

HI everybody,

I face the same problem as the friend here; Personally I have spent hours to figure out how Toshiba could be mad enough to make this simple setting impossible.

I have tried :
- replace the driver by newer Alps, Synaptics
- ask the Toshiba technical support, that has been unable to find a solution, but I do have doubts about responder skills that seemed to discover the Z30 for the first time
- tried ton modify values in HKEYCURRENT and LOCAL

God damn it ! NOTHING WORKS !!!!!!
I cant understand that a brand like Toshiba leave consumers in that mess because of a so simple setting.

Thank to anyone able to solve the problem

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82943-Satellite-ALPS-touchpad-no-normal-scrolling-only-inverted
Relevancy 84.28%

I recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and have noticed some issues:

Whenever I stop moving the mouse, the little blue loading circle keeps blinking. Now I don't exactly if it's causing any problems but I'm sure it wasn't doing that before I upgraded and I think it may be related to this second issue:

My touchpad no longer scrolls with two fingers. Now it only scrolls via touching the right side of the pad and dragging my finger up or down. No two finger gestures work anymore.
There seems to be a new driver called Elantech and I've found a settings menu for it but the gesture controls say they're turned on even though they don't work.

Has anyone had a problem like this?

I have an MSI GT 60
i7 Windows 10

A:Blinking Loading Circle and Touchpad Not Scrolling Properly

MSI GS70 2OD here. Same issue.
Windows 10.0.10586

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/38415-blinking-loading-circle-touchpad-not-scrolling-properly.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a Studio 1535 that originally came with Vista and the IT guys at my university upgraded to Windows 7. I really want to be able to deactiviate the Alps Alps TouchPad, v.7.2.101.104, A01 as I use a wireless mouse and the touch pad highly annoys me. I tried to d/l the driver for the TouchPad but it wasn't compatible. I was hoping on of you fine people could direct me to a compatible driver.

A:win 7 and Alps Alps TouchPad, v.7.2.101.104, A01

have you checked to see if the touchpad drivers are in device manager.
also if you type mouse in the start search then click the result, there may be a device settings tab that allows you to disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/293716-win-7-alps-alps-touchpad-v-7-2-101-104-a01.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I am currently running Windows 7 Pro on my Vostro 2510 Laptop. It's the best deal I ever got, but the touchpad is simply wretched cause its an Alps Touchpad. The drivers are simply abominations. The only gesture my touchpad driver has is Scroll.

So I looked around, and found this newer driver. It had some decent and most basic gestures, and it sufficed for my needs. However, it causes my Aero cursor to freeze up and no longer animate. This usually forces my mind to think my computer has frozen when it has not, very discontenting.

Then I had another Idea, what if there was a way to force Synaptics driver to think my Alps touchpad is a synaptics one so I can get synaptics features?

If anyone get help me fix the error with the new Alps driver or synaptics idea or anything else, I'd appreciate it very much.

A:Alps Touchpad

Does the Vista driver from your models support page not work correctly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/71467-alps-touchpad.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I dunno if it's a touchpad or a trackpad I have but there was a program along with it called like Apoint or something that would run and allowed me to change the settings on the touchpad I have looked and can find no other way of accessing the touchpad settings Well the last time I remember it working was before I updated Windows Vista well now the program no longer runs I had it set to disable the touchpad when an external mouse was detected and it no longer does that I went into its folder located at C Program Files DellTpad Apoint exe and double clicked it and nothing happened It use to run at startup but no longer does and I checked and it is still set to run at startup but does not any clues as to what is going on Alps Touchpad/trackpad I believe I am using Windows Vista Home Premium I managed to fix it by going to Device Manager in the control panel uninstalling Dell Touchpad and rebooting

A:Alps Touchpad/trackpad

Congratulations!

And thanks for letting us know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/141212/alps-touchpadtrackpad/
Relevancy 71.38%

compaq C700 notebook...

the touchpad works for a bit, then stops working (driver must not load, I don't see it with the other icons on the bottom right, it's there when its working). Ive reinstalled the driver. in fact, I've reinstalled everything from the emergency partition.... but still get this problem.

any idea how I can fix this and keep the touchpad working?

thanks for any help you can offer.

sorry for all the posts... having a few issues with this laptop that I can't seem to fix myself.

A:alps touchpad. works sometimes, sometimes not

Hello. as you have reinstalled , is there a chance it is a hard ware issue ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295704-alps-touchpad-works-sometimes-sometimes-not.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey there guys,
I installed Windows 8 on my Dell Inspiron 1440 (previously running Windows 7) and had to uninstall and reinstall my Alps Touchpad driver to make sure everything worked. In the past week or two though I've been battling the FBI Malaware virus and, though I've finally removed all the remnants of it, my Alps Touchpad just won't work. I've attempted to uninstall the driver through Device Manager, delete driver folders and reinstall, and use compatibility settings to install drivers. Nothing's working and the virus must have somehow corrupted the driver. Is there anyway to fix this situation? I can temporarily scroll using Apoint.exe from the Alps folder but that is a little clunky and temporary. Thanks guys and I hope to resolve a really annoying issue soon.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi again, I recently upgraded to 64bit Vista and 4 gigs of ram on my G2S-B1 and now I can't disable the annoying touchpad via that key with a icon of the touchpad with a slash threw it right above the print screen button...

Apparently drivers are not compatible with Vista 64 bit,.. what a surprise..

I've manage to uninstall it via device manager but would love to get any drivers that will give me the disable/enable button functionality back so please DO TELL!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ultimate-64bit-and-alps-touchpad.702975/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have good news for laptop users with built in ALPS Touchpads Acer Gateway same company have been generous to create a new driver for Windows -bit users To make sure that your ALPS Touchpad may be compatible with this new driver for Windows make sure that before upgrading to Windows in Windows open Device Manager check the quot Mice and other pointing devices quot category and your Touchpad should be listed as quot ALPS Pointing-device quot If it 8 ALPS Driver TouchPad Windows is then you are a candidate to install the newly released drivers Click the link for a direct download from Gateway The link below is for driver verison Windows -bit http global-download gateway com G TEWAY amp SC PA G The link below is for driver verison Windows -bit http global-download acer com GDFi Instructions Unzip the file Double-click on setup icon and install Reboot After installation this new driver adds Windows gestures that Windows 8 ALPS TouchPad Driver are found Windows 8 ALPS TouchPad Driver on Microsoft Surface and other tablets for the TouchPad There are other features Windows 8 ALPS TouchPad Driver there but those are up to you to experiment with You can access the TouchPad settings by either clicking the TouchPad icon in the taskbar or by going to Mouse Properties in Control Panel For users that have tried this driver and the swipe gestures do not work it might be that your ALPS TouchPad uses a slightly different driver Here are some alternative Windows ALPS TouchPad drivers available I have not tested these but users from other forums say these drivers have worked for them Proceed with caution Dell ALPS TouchPad Driver for Windows Dell ALPS TouchPad Driver Dell United States Fujitsu ALPS TouchPad Driver for Windows -bit http www fujitsu com downloads COM W - exe Double-click on a file called quot DPInst exe quot to install the driver

A:Windows 8 ALPS TouchPad Driver

Just upgraded my Dell laptop to Windows 8 and could not deactivate touchpad when using Bluetooth or USB mouse. I downloaded the ZIP file using the link above, unzipped it, and installed it. I works on my Dell Inspiron 1545. The ZIP file contains both 32 and 64 bit versions. Many thanks for guidance and explanation.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/10569-windows-8-alps-touchpad-driver.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi there nbsp I recently purchased a Yoga and a Yoga and the laptops are pretty great - everything works pretty well apart from the ALPS touchpad which frankly is the worst touchpad I've ever used on a laptop there's about a chance that any click or movement you touchpad ALPS Yoga 300/500 problems. input into the thing is not registered nbsp The ALPS is a mistake why not stick with a symantec pad just visiting the ALPS site should set off alarm bells Broken graphics garbled english and a disclaimer that they Yoga 300/500 ALPS touchpad problems. refuse to supply end users with drivers - and that's the entirety of the site nbsp Honestly the trackpad on the yoga cripples the device so badly I'm debating just returning it and shelling out for a surface or something nbsp --- nbsp What bothers me most is that the lenovo driver supplied with the yoga laptops has multi-touch scrolling but the scroll direction is reversed to literally every other device on the market The settings menu for the thing has an option to reverse the scroll direction for horizontal scrolling but not for vertical scrolling Yoga 300/500 ALPS touchpad problems. What gives To include the feature but hard-force it to run backwards and not even offer the option to reverse it What kind of person does that nbsp Does anyone have an ALPS driver that would let me set the scrolling direction to the sane direction It's driving me Yoga 300/500 ALPS touchpad problems. nuts and I've spent three days looking for a driver that will work and do what lenovo should have done to start with

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-300-500-ALPS-touchpad-problems/td-p/3337689
Relevancy 70.52%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - Solved: Alps touchpad driver MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Inspiron For some reason my Alps touchpad was enabled I had disabled it awhile ago Now trying to disable my Inspiron touchpad Touchpad button not shown in device manager for mouse Tried to download following ALPS touchpad drivers but cant run them they say they have compatability issues and Microsoft Solved: Alps touchpad driver has no soulition R R I have disabled touchpad before by downloading a driver not sure what driver i used only know it was for Win as Win had no driver at that time Think driver I used was R Any help greatly appreciated Ellis nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop and my mouse used to work fine then randomly the mouse started working slowly and the scrolling settings had to be re-enabled every time I restarted my computer. I have Alps version: 7.1.102.7 and have gone to the Dell website and uninstalled my mouse program and reinstalled it and it still won't work. If there is another website for a more updated version of Alps or if there is something internally wrong with my computer any help would be appreciated!! THANKS!

Relevancy 70.52%

I need a quot good Alps touch pad driver Something with similar options such as synaptics preferably swipe and coast scrolling All of the Alp drivers I have tried have jumpy scrolling jumping a few lines at a time rather than matching actual finger movement Since Alps touchpads Solved: driver touchpad Alps seem to be gaining popularity with the manufacturers I am hoping a good driver now exists I have found one that didnt jump a few lines precision scrolling at the dell site but it didnt have continued scrolling meaning when your finger reached the Solved: Alps touchpad driver bottom corner scrolling stopped rather than continued until lifted or moved back up I would settle for continued scrolling without the jumping of lines precision scrolling but opt for the coasting feature So in a nutshell I need precision scrolling with continued and or coasting scroll options If anyone has a good alps driver on their laptop or knows of a good Alps touchpad driver I need the model number for the unit or the version number of the driver nbsp

Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I have Lenovo U31-70 running Windows 10 64-bit and I have few problems with the touchpad.1. Touchpad gestures and scrolling doesn't work at all.2. "Alps pointing device" (v.8.201.1611.250) driver is not working. (even though it's installed) 3. All driver settings are inaccessible (very frustrating...) Screenshot from mouse settings in control panel: Link  I have tried to install and uninstall the driver itself several times and I have also tried to install previous versions with no success. Did anyone encounter any of these problems and can help me?Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-U31-70-Alps-touchpad-problems/td-p/3331999
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a client who wants their tapping feature of their laptop touchpad to be turned off. Scoured all over the internet and although it says to go to device properties, then hardware then advanced, the option for touchpad is not even an option. Not sure where to go from here. I have seen in Ubuntu u can work with the config file, but I really feel more comfortable doing something within windows not by messing with config files. Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 70.52%

i don't find this on the i'net after a month on google so i'll post here it seems the alps drivers do not fully support v x doesn't have the disable button anywhere today vaio help tier supposedly finally told me the above which i told there tier a week ago i guess he didn't read the notes said i would have to live with it they wouldn't help w registry hack probably means they didn't know it bad bad bad sony anyway to the chase i saw where linux people could use synaptics drivers tried the same trick w v x there was the button under start gt control panel gt mousec gt device settings gt disable those penguins aren't so bad i have a severe neurological disease and that touchpad rendered a computer unuseable sony's response was quot live with it quot to quote my favorite tech authorities the three stooges quot chowderheads quot let me reiterate quot bad sony bad sony quot Drivers Synaptics v worked for me on win vista home premium x sp vaio vgn-fw j

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/218439-disable-alps-touchpad-vista-x64.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a Lenovo G530 4446-25u. Recently my Windows XP partition became corrupted after a system recovery which forced me to initiate a recovery install. This wiped out the touchpad driver I had installed. So I re-downloaded the package from the Lenovo website which installs the Synaptics Pointing Device software and ALPs Touchpad Driver automatically. The thing is the ALPs Touchpad Driver always fails to install with no indication why. The reason this is annoying is because my touchpad is extremely sensitive and it is always clicking when typing. Without this driver in XP I cannot disable tapping. This has turning into a major issue believe it or not as I use my laptop generally to type papers and take notes during lecture. I've also tried installing the driver in safe mode but I get the same results.

Thanks in Advanced,
Dobster936

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-alps-touchpad-driver.866192/
Relevancy 70.52%

Just thought I'd share this here since I had no luck setting this up with the built in GUI for the Alps touchpad settings on my new Y50-70. Here are some registry settings I found that worked for adding right and middle click functionality to the 2 and 3 finger taps. I'm just posting since I had to dig around for awhile to find something that works, and I hope this helps save other people some time.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Alps >Apoint > Guesture

"2TapSupport"=dword:00000003"Enable2Tap"=dword:00000001"2TapFunc"=dword:0000000d"2TapSetting"=dword:000000ff"2TapShow"=dword:00000009

Same for 3 tap except
3TapFunc uses 0d

As always, be careful with your registry.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Y50-70 - Alps Touchpad - Add 2 and 3 finger taps f...

Hey can you show me how exactly you typed this in your registry?

I am trying to enable 3 finger tap to perform a middle click for my alps touchpad.

Here are the registry settings that I have added so far:

Click here to view image

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Photos are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.                     Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Alps-Touchpad-Add-2-and-3-finger-taps-for-right-and/td-p/2055133
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a Lenovo Z laptop with came with Alps touchpad Ever since Windows and now Windows I have been c... buggy getting touchpad and Alps keep Z510 driver having issues with the drivers In the last - years Lenovo has never addressed this Z510 Alps touchpad driver buggy and keep getting c... issue nor have they pushed any updates to the drivers Lenovo finally published drivers after Windows release and it still has issues I have tried two versions of the drivers and both of them have this issue ALPS v Published by Lenovo ALPS v Publish by Microsoft through Windows update I am on Windows x bit edition Since Windows I have the updated BIOS installed http support lenovo com us en products laptops-and-netbooks ideapad-z-series-laptops ideapad-z - I have installed the latest drivers from Lenovo's websiteThe bug When using an external mouse USB Bluetooth I always disable the touchpad using the Fn F key However after a shutdown restart the touchpad doesn't get re-enabled Thus in a situation where I shutdown my PC with the touchpad disabled followed by starting the PC again but without an external mouse the touchpad is non-functional and I can't move the nbsp cursor after logging into Windows Even after pressing the Fn F key mulptiple times the touchpad doesn't get enabled I have to connect the external mouse again to actually use the PC In Windows restarting the PC by holding down the power button would re-enable the touchpad in a situation where I don't have access to an external mouse However in Windows the the drivers completely break down and there is no way to fix the touchpad until after multiple iteration of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers Steps to replicate issueIn Windows this issue is very serious because the drivers stop working completely It requires me to uninstall reinstall the drivers I know the exact steps to replicate the issue and break the drivers Make sure PC is connected to charger Have external mouse connected and touchpad enable Disable touchpad using Fn F Shutdown the PC while using your external mouse Disconnect the external mouse Disconnect the charger Reconnect the charger Start PC again At login screen touchpad won't work you must press Enter to login with your password At desktop screen touchpad won't work even despite pressing the Fn F key multiple times Your drivers are broken or corrupted Connect external mouse Go to Control Panel gt gt Mouse and it wont work Restart computer and you will get error message that says Apoint exe Alps SetMouseMonitor Error a If you're lucky you will be able to uninstall and reinstall drivers on the first go b If you're unlucky which was my case you will have to try to troubleshoot uninstall reinstall multiple times because Alps device won't show in the Device manager nbsp nbsp UpdateI just noticed that when on the lock screen of Windows you can't enable or disable the touchpad using the Fn F key You must be logged into WIndows to enable or disable For example Imaging you lock your PC by pressing Win L while having your external mouse connected Now you remove the external mouse and want to use your touchpad You can't press Fn F to enable the touchpad You need to press Enter to log into Windows using your keyboard then press Fn F to enable the touchpad

A:Z510 Alps touchpad driver buggy and keep getting c...

Dear Sir Hope my message finds you well. i see you made big effort & many steps, but BIOS update may caused that last serious problem. so i believe you should deliver your device to the nearest service Center to Check your machine. Best Of Luck  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z510-Alps-touchpad-driver-buggy-and-keep-getting-corrupted/td-p/3290784
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone, I just bought a Thinkpad Yoga 14 S3 and I have an issue with the ALPS touchpad.Whenever I click the touchpad (physical click not tap) with a finger on it, it opens the right click menu...This is very annoying as I always use two finger, one for moving the cursor around and one for clicking.I have the lastest touchpad driver (8.216.1616.137) and I am on windows 10. I tried any possible solution I could think of with no luck:- Went through the touchpad option thousand times.- Tried changing entries in Regedit (change Enable2Click to 0), and what it did was that is now does not recognize it as a right click, but not as a left click either. When I click with the finger on the touchpad, the cursor now jumps but does not register any click. Any ideas on how to solve the issue?Thanks in advancePierre

A:Problem with left click on ALPS Touchpad

I have exactly the same problem on my Thinkpad E460! This almost makes my laptop unusable. Please update this driver asap Lenovo. P.S. If you uninstall the ALPS driver and use the standard Windows PS2/Mouse driver, this problem does not occur. However there is no setting (at least I did not find one) which allows you to disable 2 click. Also scrolling and gestures do not work with the Windows PS2/Mouse driver. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Problem-with-left-click-on-ALPS-Touchpad/td-p/3299473
Relevancy 69.66%

Inspiron 17R N7110, Windows7 Home Premium
I am trying to install the current Alps touchpad driver R307442.exe as listed under my service tag. Of course I am doing this to have some control over the touchpad, which I have none now.  The installation fails every time (install wizard).
I have looked at the other driver updates, and there are 2 bios updates, but it doesn't appear they would affect the Alps install (bios#1 for Windows8 upgrade, bios#2 to revert to old bios) and I don't want to install them anyway.
Any help in installing this Alps driver is much appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997333
Relevancy 69.66%

Just finished to the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The upgrade went surprisingly seamless and except for the long download and installation was a breeze. I am still learning to get around on my laptop. I upgraded on a Dell XPS m1530. The only thing I was required to uninstall was my Alps touchpad. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find a Dell (or Alps) Windows 8 driver. I am running a 64 bit processor.

If I can't find a Winows 8 touchpad driver, is it possible to locate a Windows 7 driver and use it. Has anyone been successful doing this. If so, what is the process to install the driver (8 or 7) in Windows 8.

I am fascinated with the process to setup Windows 8 and just as amazed at how it works. It does work much better with my laptop then I thought it would!!!

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

A:Dell Touchpad Alps! Can't find driver. Help[

Just finished to the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8. The upgrade went surprisingly seamless and except for the long download and installation was a breeze. I am still learning to get around on my laptop. I upgraded on a Dell XPS m1530. The only thing I was required to uninstall was my Alps touchpad. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find a Dell (or Alps) Windows 8 driver. I am running a 64 bit processor.If I can't find a Winows 8 touchpad driver, is it possible to locate a Windows 7 driver and use it. Has anyone been successful doing this. If so, what is the process to install the driver (8 or 7) in Windows 8.I am fascinated with the process to setup Windows 8 and just as amazed at how it works. It does work much better with my laptop then I thought it would!!!Thanks for any and all suggestions.I was finally successful with my Asus laptop using Windows 7 64 bit drivers off the Asus website. There are no Windows 8 drivers for my laptop.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473306/dell-touchpad-alps-cant-find-driver-help/
Relevancy 69.66%
Relevancy 69.66%

Any suggestions as to where to find XP compatible software for the Alps touchpad on a Toshiba Satellite 35DVD laptop.
Nothing at the toshiba site,the 2000 drivers wont work.
the recovery/utilities discs only contain ME drivers.
Nothing at Alps that I could find.
Problem is that when typing (in word for example)the cursor jumps erratically,there was a setting in the old alps touchpad utility which ran on millenium that stopped this happening.
Since reformatting and installing XP-pro the problem has re-occurred.
Any suggestions welcome thanks!

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 14. 2Gb Memory Core2Duo.

I can;t scroll Sideways but I can going up and down.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell Touchpad not scrolling Sideways. But scrolling Up & Down

On both my Acer aspire one netbook (synaptics) and my Lenovo notebook (alps) I need to tab twice on the lower edge of the touchpad (to gain its attention?!?) and then it will scroll. Beyond that I believe you need to take a walk on the Dell support web site. There are number of 14xx models so you need to follow the steps there to find the freshest driver for your particular model. On both of mine the newest drivers have given scrolling as well as "pinching" to re-size pages, photos etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/108845-dell-touchpad-not-scrolling-sideways-but-scrolling-up-down.html
Relevancy 69.23%

We just got a Dell XPS-15z, and, we have questions about scrolling on the Cypress touchpad using the Cypress drivers.

When scrolling down (either one finger or 2 fingers), when you hit the bottom of the touchpad, is there any way for the scrolling to continue without your having to lift your finger(s) back to the top of the touchpad? On other Dell laptops, I have Chiral motion, or the scrolling continues so long as your finger is at the bottom of the touchpad? I tried enabling the "Continued Motion" option just in case that was what did it, but that did not seem to work.

Which brings up another question re what "Continued Motion" does.

Also, is there any manual/help document for this driver either on the internet, or in the software itself?

I looked on the forum and on the internet, and couldn't find any answers.

TIA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scrolling-using-cypress-touchpad-when-fingers-reach-bottom-of-touchpad.1009078/
Relevancy 69.23%

My laptop is running ALPS Touchpad driver 7.105.2015.1105 which is the latest driver for Windows 7 64 bit. I upgraded it to Windows 10. After the upgrade I noticed that the ALPS driver was no longer there and I had a Synaptics PS/2 driver with no gesture capability.  I reverted to Windows 7 until I figure out what my options are. I saw some ALPS touchpad drivers for Windows 10 on the ACER site.  Are they compatible with the Gateway ALPS touchpads?  Can I go back to Windows 10 and then replace the Synaptics driver with the ACER ALPS driver? Thanks in adcvance for any help offered. HowardRedmond, WA

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Touchpad (ALPS) drivers for Gateway NV59 Laptop

Belarc advisor. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Touchpad-ALPS-drivers-for-Gateway-NV59-Laptop/td-p/389267
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, I would like to ask how to change a function assigned to a gesture (e.g. to a 3-finger flick navigation). After the recent APLS driver update it has changed from "back/forward" to "task switch" and I'd like to change it back (w/o reverting the driver, of course). Also applies to other gestures, like e.g. 2-finger tap would be nice to perform a middle button click for me.

I don't see a way to change this from the (IMO bad) driver advanced settings UI, unless purely experimenting with registry settings. I'm not against a registry manual edit, some details on what and where to change would however be appreciated.

Thanks.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?89343-Change-touchpad-gesture-functions-of-the-ALPS-driver
Relevancy 69.23%

Today I upgraded my Vaio VGN-FZ140 laptop from Vista Home Premium 32-Bit to Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit and everything is working great (motioneye camera, physical media controls buttons like vol up/down, etc.) except the Alps touchpad does not work at all. It is not listed in the Device Manager under Mice/Pointing Devices and I tried installing the Vista driver from the Sony website and nothing. I use an external USB mouse as-well and that works fine. Any way I can get this touchpad working?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FZ140 Alps touchpad not working on Win 7

Have you tried installing the vista driver under Vista comp.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38914-sony-vaio-vgn-fz140-alps-touchpad-not-working-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello nbsp the EliteBook Folio G allows the choice between MS Precision and GlidePoint The problem described below occurs on both driver versions Please also note that I have configured all settings on all locations where mouse settings can be configured and I did so EliteBook GlidePoin... Touchpad G1: and Precision Folio HP ALPs in a way that rules out that the problem is a result of misconfiguration Bios Windows and Touchpad drivers are up-to-date nbsp Problem nbsp When I nbsp try to move the cursor just a little bit which is a very nbsp frequent action in everyday computer usage in general e g cursor positiong checkboxes and with certain applications imaging in particular there is no response until I have moved my HP EliteBook Folio G1: Precision Touchpad and ALPs GlidePoin... finger HP EliteBook Folio G1: Precision Touchpad and ALPs GlidePoin... over the touchoad a few millimeters This is very annoyng -- it is impossible to do precise operations In particular no such issues exist on my other notebooks I guess it's some kind of protection so no movements are done when nbsp accidental touching the touchpad However unlike the prevent-movement after typing - option there is no user-visible setting that would allow the user to disable this annoyance I am actually considering sending the computer back It is ironic because this is anything but Precision All the other features and behavior of the touchpad are quite good btw nbsp nbsp Request Please forward this problem to your developlemt software team so they can check whether this can be changed and then please provide new drivers etc They should check whether this can be improved software-side ASAP nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-EliteBook-Folio-G1-Precision-Touchpad-and-ALPs-GlidePoint/td-p/5625691
Relevancy 69.23%

My laptop is running ALPS Touchpad driver 7.105.2015.1105 which is the latest driver for Windows 7 64 bit. I upgraded it to Windows 10. After the upgrade I noticed that the ALPS driver was no longer there and I had a Synaptics PS/2 driver with no gesture capability.  I reverted to Windows 7 until I figure out what my options are. I saw some ALPS touchpad drivers for Windows 10 on the ACER site.  Are they compatible with the Gateway ALPS touchpads?  Can I go back to Windows 10 and then replace the Synaptics driver with the ACER ALPS driver? Thanks in adcvance for any help offered. HowardRedmond, WA

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Touchpad (ALPS) drivers for Gateway NV59 Laptop

Belarc advisor. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Touchpad-ALPS-drivers-for-Gateway-NV59-Laptop/td-p/389267/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

For about two months now the touchpad on my Dell Inspiron has not worked properly The touchpad does not respond to touch at all nor do the buttons work Additionally the touchpad driver does not show up in Device Manager at all The files do still exist under Dell Drivers though and the application can be found under programs So far I have -uninstalled and re-installed the touchpad driver many times If I remove all files and re-install the drivers and reboot as instructed by the prompts the touchpad will 1420 stopped Inspiron Dell Alps touchpad working usually work until I put the computer to sleep or restart it Then once again Dell Inspiron 1420 Alps touchpad stopped working no response at all The icon in the bottom right of the desktop also disappears as does the driver in device manager The files still exist though in dell drivers and under programs -started the computer in safe mode The Dell Inspiron 1420 Alps touchpad stopped working touchpad works fine anytime I am in safe mode -disabled all programs programs that had that option that run on start up I did this thinking that a start up program was controlling the touchpad since it starts fine in safe mode The Alps driver for the touchpad that should appear under start up programs does not and I have never disabled it when it did show up Stopping all programs that run at start up did nothing to fix the touchpad -I run AVG anti-virus software every day and have run Ad-Aware antispyware multiple times but this seems to have no effect on the touchpad problem At this point I am not sure what to do I don t know if it is a Dell Inspiron 1420 Alps touchpad stopped working virus malware corrupt program or just a program that is controlling the touchpad for some reason Any help on this very frustrating problem would be greatly appreciated Any suggestions Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1420 Alps touchpad stopped working

Hi,
I am thinking that maybe that is a 64bit, if so then you are having a driver conflict, i suggest that you make sure you have the right drivers from the Dell website for your Laptop, or check you Even viewer logs to see what could be the cause of that problem.
If that isn't the problem, then lets us know...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1420-alps-touchpad-stopped-working.161024/
Relevancy 68.37%

I blew away the Vista that came with this laptop, and installed W7 Pro. Got everything to work except the touchpad. I tried several different drivers from Lenovo and elsewhere, compatibility mode, but no help. What Lenovo lists as W7 are actually the old Vista drivers.

I even tried Lenovo's suggestion of pullling the battery and holding down start for 20 seconds (?). Again, no help.

Relevancy 68.37%

Dell Latitude E6430 upgraded to Windows 10 recently, all recent updates. Not sure when, after one of the driver updates, it gives an error at startup after login in:
File Access Denied
You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file
ApInfo.dll
Company: Alps Electric Co., Ltd.
If I press continue, it gives error that file is in use. Same error for all files in TouchPad driver. If I skip, touchpad works fine, the touchpad setting utilities work fine. But for some reason it wants to delete itself everytime system starts up.
Tried uninstalling the Dell TouchPad driver and reinstalling, several times, but always get the same error after login.
Any idea what could be the problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19995470
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi!
I got my Precision M4800 and I'm really about it.
But! I dislike the touchpad for one reason : No option to enable one-finger scroll. I'm kinda "old school" with touchpad and I don't like using my the two-fingers scroll and all the "fancy " features and the touchpad software don't have this specific feature.I tried the old driver version (7.0), but it's not compatible with Windows 8.1.
I can see a lot of values in the regedit ( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alps and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alps ) but I don't know which one it can be,
Do you know if a generic ALPS drivers exist? Do you have a solution for this issue?
Thanks!

A:Enable one-finger scroll on Precision M4800 (ALPS touchpad)

Run the DellTPad.exe file in C:\Program Files\DellTPad.  This will give you an older interface which includes the one-finger scroll. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19602012
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, I have an MSi laptop with an elan touchpad and recently the edge scrolling stopped working. I've upgraded the driver through windows and also installed it myself, I've rolled back the driver, I've tried to get into the options but no matter what I've tried they're greyed out and inaccessible. I even went into regedit to try and find some sort of settings, to no avail. I've recently upgraded to Windows 10, but for about a week I had no touchpad problems at all. I even went in and told windows not to upgrade drivers anymore. I've been trying to fix this for seven hours today and I'm so tired. I just want this fixed. Please anyone, help me.

A:Edge scrolling stopped working?

I can neither confirm nor deny this: I've read posts by people who say as Win 10 updates, MS removes your "do not update drivers" selection.
Do you know the date and version of the old working driver? If not, see if you can find it from the MSi site.
Look at the current driver you are using. Does it match or has it again been updated against your wishes?
If so, see if you can rollback.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/edge-scrolling-stopped-working.1153708/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have been using Chrome for a number of years now, but on a whim I decided to load up Edge, and wow, what a difference as far as scrolling and swiping. I didn't even realize, but the scrolling on Chrome is quite labored in comparison. It's much slower, requires more movement at slow speeds, and is much less intuitive.

Also, the two-finger swipe to do browser back-forward works really well in Edge, and not at all in Chrome.

I notice the difference also in scrolling with the touchscreen, though it's far less significant.

I'm wondering if this is a Windows thing, a Dell drivers thing, or a Chrome/Edge thing. I don't want to move over to Edge, but I might if I can't bring them both more in line. Any ideas on the cause? I've started here assuming it's a Windows 10 thing (or even Edge, since it's baked in to the OS).

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/65946-scrolling-chrome-vs-edge-using-dell-xps-15-a.html
Relevancy 61.92%

This is an old problem and I haven't seen any recent posts about it.

I get scrolling problems randomly in some sites. I suspect compatibility problems between Edge and the sites but I don't see any "compatibility" options like there are in Internet Explorer. The problem, when scrolling through pages on a site, such as Musician's Friend: Musical Instruments Store I will be looking at items and scrolling will slow down and then get to a point it will no longer scroll through the page(s). Reloading the site and starting over will sometimes fix it and sometimes it will go back to the no scroll. I've also noticed this in the Cakewalk Sonar forum, http://forum.cakewalk.com/default.aspx There are also others. If I switch over to Internet Explorer (or Firefox) I don't have the problem.

I'm on the latest version of Win 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/36867-random-scrolling-problem-edge.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey there :) i have installed the touchpad drivers from dell website but still i am not able to find the option of touchpad or gesture controls in the mouse/pointer settings or when i search for main.cpl in the search box i get only 4 options no other than that. please help me out i have dell vostro 3558 win8.1 4gb ram i3. i searched and found that it supports multitouch touchpad so hope to get a reply soon. Thanks in advance :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993451
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, The touchpad scrolling feature in my elitebook notebook sttoped working. I reinstalled the Synaptic Poiting Devide, however I do not see the scrooling option in the mouse settings, as it can be seen in the image. Any ideas? 

A:Touchpad scrolling

Hi, Try booting in to bios by pressing F10 at the HP Splash screen and Restore Bios Defaults, then yes on load defaults.  Then reboot the system and test. Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Touchpad-scrolling/td-p/5577481
Relevancy 61.06%

My touchpad has lost its scrolling functions since I upgraded to Windows 10, a year ago, and nothing I try can fix that.    I understand Windows comes with built-in drivers for mouse and touchpad, with the basic functions for the cursor. But that Synaptics drivers, with other functions like scrolling, are quickly downloaded and installed.   Well, in my case, it seems that these Synaptics drivers never take over, never get to actually control the touchpad: they seem correctly installed and activated, and I do check the scrolling functions all right; but the touchpad continues to behave as if it were still driven by the basic built-in drivers in Windows.   In fact sometimes I uninstall and totally delete the Synaptics drivers and make do with the basic Windows software; until the next automatic downloading of the useless Synaptics.   Thanks for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touchpad-not-scrolling/td-p/5727876
Relevancy 60.63%

I'm encountering a number of random scrolling Scrolling Other Issues with Universal Apps and Random Edge issues within Edge and other Universal Modern Store apps When scrolling a web page the page Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps gets quot stuck quot and won't move within the browser window Edge itself remains responsive - I can reload the page or close its tab And other tabs remain unaffected Also links on the page itself still work I can actually interact with the portion of the page that's visible just not scroll it in any direction Reloading the page doesn't fix it but if I close the tab and reopen it then load the page again it works happened just this morning on quot Dilbert com quot when viewing one of Scott Adams' blog entries I've noticed this behavior in at least one other app Readiy an RSS reader app In the main quot All Items quot view the list of articles will often become quot stuck quot much like a web page in Edge I've also noticed the behavior occurs more often when using the touchpad in the Type Cover of my Surface Note I'm running the Insider Preview build on a Surface not Pro w GB RAM Anyone encountering anything similar RCK

A:Random Scrolling Issues with Edge and Other Universal Apps

Yep, me too.

I've given up on Edge for now, I've switched to Opera, works fine.
I'll try it again after the next update.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/22547-random-scrolling-issues-edge-other-universal-apps.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys

There is one thing that has annoyed me for a long time in XP.
Lets say I have a folder with 277 files and I want to remove the first 95 files. My window shows only 57 files.I start by marking the files with left or right mouse button. Everything is ok until I come to the edge of the window. Suddenly the scrolling speed to mark the files is very high. This make it almost impossible to mark only the files I want to remove. Whats normaly happens is that I suddenly end up with over 150 files marked before I manage to stop the scrolling.

I hope there is a solution to this annoying problem. I will be gratefull for any help.

Tore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/marking-scrolling-speed-at-edge-of-window-problem.923516/
Relevancy 60.2%

I've got a Dell D630 and when I had XP, I downloaded the Dell Touchpad Driver to gain touchpad scrolling functionality. Now that I've upgraded to Windows 7, the driver page opens as usual, but I can no longer select the "Touchpad Settings" or "Scrolling Settings" options ("External Mouse" and "Device Select" open just fine). Is there another driver out there I should be using? Thanks!
HD

A:Solved: Touchpad scrolling?

There isn't a Windows 7 driver on Dells site but you can try the Vista driver.......look under Input Devices Drivers in the link below

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...abIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-touchpad-scrolling.915119/
Relevancy 60.2%

This seems like a simple problem that can be easily fixed by maybe turning on some sort of setting. On my laptop, for some reason, the scroll function just stopped working. The mouse still works fine, by i can't scroll with it. I don't know if maybe it got turned off somehow?? I am running windows Vista and went into control panel>hardware and sound>mouse, but didn't see anything in there that could fix this. Anyone know why my scroll just stopped working, and how i can fix it? thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-mouse-not-scrolling.712584/
Relevancy 60.2%

After I installed Windows 7 (couldn't upgrade, had to do a custom install), the scrolling on the right side of my touchpad stopped working. I downloaded a new driver, but it still doesn't work.

When I go into the Synaptics device settings, it says that I have a "Standard Pointing Device" and when I look at the settings it only gives me options for two buttons (no scrolling options). I attached a picture of the options window I'm talking about.

Can anybody help?

My computer is an hp pavilion dv2000.

A:Touchpad Scrolling Problem

I too have the exact same issue. I have reinstalled my driver, and it still only ever shows that my touchpad is a "Standard Pointing Device", and I can no longer use my scroll function on my toughpad, super annoying. I am running an HP dv2915nr

Any suggestions anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/33500-touchpad-scrolling-problem.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, i recently purchased a re-furbished 1040 G2 running W7 64 bit and am having a peculiar problem with the touchpad. Sometimes when I am 2 finger scrolling an icon is left behind on the screen and if I mouse over it I get the spinning blue symbol showing activity. The icon is the same as you would normally see while scrolling. I did try uninstalling and re-installing the driver, the driver is Synaptics version 190.0.17.1.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touchpad-scrolling-problem/td-p/5615028
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a DELL XPS M1530 laptop that I just installed a full version of Windows 7. It had Windows Vista on it before. It is a replacement computer for my old DELL (same model) that was having issues.

I usually hook up a bluetooth mouse when I use my computer, but I just noticed last night when I was using the touchpad instead, is that it does not scroll up and down, or left to right. The mouse part of the touchpad works fine, as does the left and right buttons.

I am assuming the scrolling is just turned off on this computer (thinking simply first ... hoping it is not a serious issue). But I cannot find where to check to see if it needs to be turned back on.

Any suggestions?

A:Touchpad scrolling does not work

There are only drivers for Vista and not Win 7. This may be an issue.
You could try the Vista driver under input devices.
Drivers & Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110336-touchpad-scrolling-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 60.2%

After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 the Synaptics PS/2 touchpad no longer has scolling ability. I have tried vertical and horizontal, as well as 1 and 2 finger. The touch pad is enabled and scolling is enabled. The current driver is 19.0.12.98 which was updated by windows update. I have downloaded and installed 19.0.19.1 from the Synaptics website and it didn't work. I have tried the Windows 8 driver from Synaptics as well and had no luck (failed to install even in compatibility mode). The original Compaq Windows 7 driver wouldn't work either. Unable to find any solution by searching or reading the forums. Any help is appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Synaptics-Touchpad-No-Scrolling/td-p/5641465
Relevancy 60.2%

Purchased a HP ze us notebook scrolling with problems using touchpad when last week Have been having minor problems with the scrolling option on the touchpad the thing on the right side of the touchpad that lets you easily scroll up and down web pages and other things Sometimes it doesn t work Under one scenario I will have to click on the webpage somewhere to get it to work But the webpage is already selected even before I do this because I am able to scroll the manual way using the up and down arrows or the page up and page down arrows Why do I have to click somewhere on the webpage when it is already selected Under another scenario the scrolling option won t even problems with scrolling when using touchpad work even when I do click somewhere on the webpage I am able to do everything else though like scroll by using the arrows or page up problems with scrolling when using touchpad and down arrows The only way I can get the touchpad scrolling to work on the page is to either minimize the page I want to use the scrolling and then maximize it again or open or make another window prominent window and then go back to the window that I want to do the scrolling This works as well Usually though I do not have any problems with the scrolling on the touchpad nbsp

A:problems with scrolling when using touchpad

I have a new ZV5000 and the scroll, while not as bad as you describe IS less sensitive than the one on my older ZT1170.

I'm not sure if it is because of the ridges on the new one or not? There are some adjustments under the Control Panel/Mouse screens that may help you?

Under "Tapping" I set the touch sensitivity to HIGH and that has helped me.

Other things I have noticed is that if there is a Window WITHIN a window, such as on the Forum's POST section, the scrolling function is specific to where the cursor is positioned....NOT the Pointer.

The same is true for Websites that use "Frames".

But the thing that STILL drives me nuts is the autoscrolling at the top and bottom of the scroll line on the touchpad!!! I always hit the spot and scroll PAST where I want to be. I have been training myself to lift my finger off the pad at the end of a scroll stroke.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-scrolling-when-using-touchpad.332398/
Relevancy 60.2%

fter I installed Windows 7 (couldn't upgrade, had to do a custom install), the scrolling on the right side of my touchpad stopped working. I downloaded a new driver, but it still doesn't work.

When I go into the Synaptics device settings, it says that I have a "Standard Pointing Device" and when I look at the settings it only gives me options for two buttons (no scrolling options). I attached a picture of the options window I'm talking about.

Can anybody help?

A:Touchpad scrolling problem

Quote: Originally Posted by b2hill

fter I installed Windows 7 (couldn't upgrade, had to do a custom install), the scrolling on the right side of my touchpad stopped working. I downloaded a new driver, but it still doesn't work.

Can anybody help?

B2

can you type device manager in search. go to mouse/pointing device tab. is there a yellow triangle on the secive? if right clicked>properties do the device say installed and working properly?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/33702-touchpad-scrolling-problem.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Gateway NV58 Series with Windows Vista, but I upgraded to Windows 7 Pro. After that I am unable to scroll horizontally or vertically which I was able to do before.

I have downloaded the Synaptics driver, after uninstalling the original driver from Microsoft but still no luck. It says it is working properly under device manager. Also, under Device settings for Synaptic it gives no info for vertical or horizontal scroll. Only Overview, Right/ Left Click,

Any help would be appreciated

A:Gateway Touchpad Scrolling

I have a Gateway MT6730 Pentium dual core 1.60 GHz that came with Vista. Put in 2 gigs of RAM and installed Windows7 Ultimate. The scroll bar on the touchpad doesn't work. Can't seem to find a way to make it work.

I have been to the support site and down loaded
D20247-001-001.exe
but that didn't do any good as there was no change. Besides, that driver was for Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/35218-gateway-touchpad-scrolling.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Latitude 12 E7240 (I assume the touchpad is the same on all versions) and I would prefer to have the older style single finger edge scrolling style rather than two finger scrolling.  I've seen under Windows 7 that the 109 version of the drive shows an extra section at the bottom of the touchpad settings which allows edge scrolling however I've tried that version and the other two available on the Dell site for this laptop but I don't get that section.
Are there any other drivers I can load that would get the edge scrolling option?  I don't mind losing any multitouch features of the touchpad.
Thanks,
John

A:Single finger edge scrolling on Latitude E7240 with Windows 8.1 Pro?

See if you have this file. This executable allows you to enable single finger edge scrolling, but, as I just found out, it goes away and needs to be reapplied after a windows update. Store it somewhere where you will find it next time! ;)
1) Go into c:\program files\DellTPad\
2) In this dir I have
 a)  DellTouchpad.exe: this is the app called from control panel whose picture you posted.
 b)  DellTPad.exe alternate utility to set touchpad setting. When launching this I have this option (translating into english) "one finger actions/multi-finger actions", and then it allows you to set single finger vertical/horizontal scrolling.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19622893
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all, I just got a new computer with windows 10 on it. It is a... HP N5Y05UA#ABA and I cannot get the scrolling option for the touchpad to stay enabled, every time the computer is rebooted or shut down, I must go back into the settings and re-enable it. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Removing the driver/trying to update it does not fix it either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/scrolling-wont-stay-enabled-on-touchpad-1057586.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell D620 Laptop, and I'm looking for a vertical scrolling driver. I have a synaptics driver now, but under settings it does not allow me to turn on vertical scrolling (nor is it even a visible as an option).

I've tried installing another synaptics driver a few times, but so far I've had no success.

This is my first time to the forum so I appreciate all and any help you can offer me.

Thanks!
-Dan

A:Vertical Scrolling on Laptop Touchpad?

Quote: Originally Posted by danstheman7

I have a Dell D620 Laptop, and I'm looking for a vertical scrolling driver. I have a synaptics driver now, but under settings it does not allow me to turn on vertical scrolling (nor is it even a visible as an option).

I've tried installing another synaptics driver a few times, but so far I've had no success.

This is my first time to the forum so I appreciate all and any help you can offer me.

Thanks!
-Dan

Dan whats the date on the driver you are using? synaptecs (dell 1405) drivers do support it for 32 bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/134445-vertical-scrolling-laptop-touchpad.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Dear Dell,
I recently installed Windows 8.1 x64 on my Dell Latitude E6430 with all the Dell drivers from the Dell webpage. After installation everything is fine, but the scroll does not work on my touchpad. My driver version is 8.1200.101.134 but in the touchpad settings the "Scroll & Zoom" section is missing as you can see below:

Every other gestures are working, like pinch zoom, except the vertical and horizontal scroll. But the strangest thing is on the task bar the touch pad icon seems to be right, it shows that I'm touching the side of the touch pad: .
What can I do to get back my good old scrolling?

A:Touchpad scrolling on E6430 with Windows 8.1

1. Go to Program Files -> DellTpad -> DellTPad.exe
2. Then Select Single Finger Gestures.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19532150
Relevancy 59.77%

So I recently got my T s as a work machine and I love the device except for the touchpad experience Compared to nbsp my personal device a nbsp Surface Pro I am left very disappointed in this T460s scrolling/touchpad issues regard nbsp Using two fingers to scroll is a nightmare It often freezes mid-scroll and immediately after scrolling the cursor would reappear jump somewhere and a click would be performed Sometimes this click would highlight text on the webpage other times this click would click on a favorite in the favorites bar and force me into another site It just isnt a smooth scrolling experience Something is definitely wrong here and I just hope its not a hardware issue nbsp I am running Windows and I have all my drivers up-to-date including the Synaptics driver I tried going into the Synaptics settings and disabling the touchpoint like some have suggested didnt work I tried rebooting didnt work I tried disabling two-finger scrolling rebooting then re-enabling it didnt work I tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing it didnt work I dont know what else do to nbsp Has anyone had any luck with this nbsp UPDATE I've isolated the issue to it T460s scrolling/touchpad issues happening only in Windows Modern UI apps including the Microsoft Edge browser The mouse cursor disappears in these apps when scrolling and jumps around after scrolling has stopped But this isnt the case in say File Explorer Google Chrome or Microsoft Word ThinkPad T s Intel Core i - U GeForce M GB RAM GB SSD Windows -bit

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-scrolling-touchpad-issues/td-p/3354314
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone I just received my spectre x model - dx After spending months researching laptops I settled on the spectre and had it shipped all the way from the US to little Bangladesh here Needless to say issues popped up as soon as I turned on the thing nbsp so here goes TOUCHPAD This is the big one I am used to having the page move down with my fingers while two-finger scrolling but the scrolling direction is reversed by default with nbsp coasting enabled However when turned nbsp off reverse heat Touchpad scrolling and issues scrolling and coasting in the synaptics settings it seems to work on some applications and not anothers I tried resetting the computer and reinstalling the driver software AND I also Touchpad scrolling and heat issues tried installing the latest drivers from the synaptics website Nothing's working so farHEAT The bottom tends to run very hot even with normal web browsing so much so that I can't place the thing on my nbsp lap for very long I setup the fan to run always from the BIOS but its still the same At this temperatures I'm not sure how long the hardware is going to hold out nbsp Sorry for the long post I'm really hoping you guys can help me figure things out

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-scrolling-and-heat-issues/td-p/5646153
Relevancy 59.77%

I tied all solution posted in thread: "Elan touchpad not working in Windows 10" But without any sucess. I am very disapointed, I have been trying whole day to solve this and get it running but without any sucess.

A:E1-571 Elan touchpad not scrolling after windows 1...

I have the very same problem after Windows 10 update. I rolled back the driver to a generic PS-2 with no results. I then downloaded a new Elan driver and still no scroll. My wife is **bleep** as she will not use the computer w/out the scroll. I guess my options are go back to windows 8.1 or buy her a new computer

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/E1-571-Elan-touchpad-not-scrolling-after-windows-10/td-p/385615/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 59.77%

I tried installing the touchpad(Synaptics) drivers(from  lenovo website) numerous times and tried to reset the device two times and still there are no results only selecting,double click,drag and drop seems to work and gestures do not work at all.Please Suggest.Thank you. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-touchpad-gestures-and-scrolling-not-working/td-p/3325522
Relevancy 59.77%

since i've gotten my x201 i've been pretty happy with it. the only problem i've had with it is scrolling. on some applications such as itunes and AIM the program doesn't scroll. i've read a few entries saying that i have to modify the tp4table.dat file and it does work.my question is why is this necessary when other laptops don't need to do this. is this because synaptics drivers do not support scrolling in those applications yet? also how often does lenovo release new drivers to update support for more programs

A:scrolling problem with touchpad/trackpoint

Hello keviinf,modify the tp4table.dat file is the one way, updating the ultra nav drivers could help also.Please reboot your system after editing the tp4table.dat file.Otherwise it won´t work.I did some tweaks on my both systems too. Like enabling horizontal scrolling in Firefox.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Ultranav-does-not-scroll-horizontally-in-fi...

Edit: link inserted

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/scrolling-problem-with-touchpad-trackpoint/td-p/254925
Relevancy 59.77%

When I go to the Control Panel > Mouse, I get an error message that says that my laptop is not recognizing my touchpad.

It still lets me open the configure window if I hit "no," and when I go to Device Settings > Scrolling > One-Finger Scrolling, it does not let me check the "Enable Vertical Scrolling" box. When I click the box, nothing happens.

My Synaptics driver is enabled to turn on at start up, so I don't know why this problem is happening.

I think I must have disabled something in msconfig without realizing it, because one day when I turned on my laptop I just wasn't able to use vertical scrolling. Any ideas? Advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

A:How do I enable touchpad vertical scrolling?

Hello moonlightxmania and welcome to Seven Forums.

If this issue just recently started you may be able to roll back your computer to a date/time prior to when it first began. See if you have a restore point that goes back that far.

System Restore

Another possibility is to see if you can update the Synaptics driver. Just as an example, my computer uses the Alps pointing device. When I go to control panel > mouse I get this:

When I click the Hardware tab and then double click on Alps pointing device I get this:

Click on the Driver tab and see if the "Update Driver" button can be clicked. (Mine is grayed out because I have the newest available driver.) If you can update the driver, do so. Please post back if your problem gets resolved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367584-how-do-i-enable-touchpad-vertical-scrolling.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi there!

I upgraded my above Notebook to Windows 10 early April this year.
So far no problem. Everything worked fine. Everything.
Early last week Microsoft installed automatically some updates. I hate them for this way of "support".
From that minute no scolling either with the touchpad nor with the original Toshiba mouse possible.
Microsoft is not able to resolve the problem.
Any idea?

Thanks,
Zaro.

PS: Pls apologize my poor english but I didn't use it so much for some years.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91964-No-Scrolling-with-Touchpad-and-Mouse-Satellite-Pro-R50-B-10L
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm using Vista Home Basic on a Compaq Presario laptop (refurbished) which I bought in Jan '08 (roughly). I have installed all updates (except Siverlight, whatever that is) provided by the automatic update facility.

Here's my problem: periodically the scroll function stops working. I think it happens most often after going to media-rich sites like MSNBC and watching a video.

It's not a "help me now or I'll shoot the computer" kind of thing, but it's very annoying. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

I'm NOT very technically savy (more the intellectual type, which is to say dumb about computers) and otherwise, Vista is working quite well (after installing an additional 1.5 gigs of RAM). I'm very, very reluctant to do anything which might crash Vista, and we intellectual types have a very hard time figuring out that stuff.

A:Synaptic Touchpad Scrolling Problem

go to hp.com - support and drivers - do a search for your specific model, then download the latest synaptic drivers and installed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/synaptic-touchpad-scrolling-problem-317454.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Wow, I've not seen any laptop whatsoever in the last 10-20 years that lacked this crucial feature.  This is my first Lenova product and I can't help but wonder what other functionality they don't understand, do they even use their own products?  How is a scrolling feature optional to them?  What other corners did they cut that I'll only discover later?  This thing is going right back to the store. (bonus facepalms when they mark their threads on here "solved!" when the solution is "no, we didn't bother adding this very basic functionality that every other laptop on the planet has")

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Worthless-Ideapad-100-has-no-touchpad-scrolling-whatsoever/td-p/3371533
Relevancy 59.77%

Vertical scrolling on touch pad not working."Scrolling" on the mouse settings from Synaptics is enabled.I can zoom in/out using two fingers on the pad, but the scrolling doesn't work.I remember reading about a guy uninstalling Synaptics and installing other drivers and he made it work, but I can't remember which drivers.Any ideas?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Vertical scrolling (touchpad) not working

I found the problem, apparently "one finger edge scrolling" wasnt enabled, but  "two finger..." was, I still don't know how to scroll using two fingers but whatever

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Vertical-scrolling-touchpad-not-working/td-p/5604763
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello, I have Lenovo U31-70 running Windows 10 64-bit and I have few problems with the touchpad.1. Touchpad gestures and scrolling doesn't work at all.2. "Alps pointing device" (v.8.201.1611.250) driver is not working. (official driver for my laptop, downloaded from Lenovo support site) 3. All of the touchpad nor driver settings are inaccessible (very frustrating...) Screenshot from mouse settings in control panel: Link  I have tried to install and uninstall the driver itself several times and I have also tried to install previous versions with no success.I couldn't find any other drivers from any other source other than Lenovo. Can anybody help me?Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-U31-70-touchpad-scrolling-gestures-and-lenovo-driver/td-p/3331999
Relevancy 59.77%

Toshiba Satellite P305-S8842, how do I renable touchpad scrolling?

A:Solved: How to renable touchpad scrolling?

I'm not sure if there is specific software on it regarding the touchpad, but I'd assume the setting would be available in Mouse in the Control Panel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-renable-touchpad-scrolling.929434/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi When our office laptops were upgraded our company sold us our old laptops at depreciated cost Mine was acting perfectly fine until a few weeks ago when out IT removed my down itself by touchpad/scrollbar scrolling Laptop user Laptop touchpad/scrollbar scrolling down by itself profile and changed me over to admin It now starts up with a BIOS lock Laptop touchpad/scrollbar scrolling down by itself asks for a password but that s fine since IT gave it to me though I could Laptop touchpad/scrollbar scrolling down by itself do without the shrill beeping sound every time I open the laptop Anyway the laptop works fine for a while after startup but once I start running more programs and open a few tabs in IE or Forefox simultaneously the cursor and trackpad start acting up When I open a new page in IE for example the cursor automatically scrolls down to the bottom of the page and refuses to scroll back up when I try to do so it sort of quot snaps quot back into place a the bottom of the page The screen also starts to flicker like crazy when this happens I also have difficulty selecting icons in the control panel because of the same issue If the icon is arranged in the top array I can select it but then a few sconds later the cursor moves down to the icon located at the bottom of the same column so I end up opening the wrong folder etc I have tried uninstalling the touchpad drivers and reinstalling but the problem persists The same problem exhibits even if I plug in a USB mouse I am running Windows XP Professional version SP The laptop is a Toshiba Portege M with Intel Core CPU T GHz GB RAM I have Malwarebytes and Avira Antivir installed and updated Both programs come out with clean scans so I don t think this is a malware issue Can someone help me solve this problem

A:Laptop touchpad/scrollbar scrolling down by itself

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/MiniToolBox.exe

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.
Download Autoruns and Autorunsc
http://download.sysinternals.com/files/Autoruns.zip
Unzip it to your desktop and then double click autoruns.exe After the scan is finished then click on File>>>>>>>>>>>Save The default name will be autoruns.arn make sure to save it as Autoruns.txt under the file type option. in other words make sure it is a .txt file instead of .arn Attach the text in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483262/laptop-touchpadscrollbar-scrolling-down-by-itself/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello nbsp I have a weird issue with my touchpad on Windows nbsp On startup the scrolling with the touchpad partially works I mean half of the time it scrolls properly the other half it will zoom unzoom or put the mouse pointer at a random place on the screen nbsp I partially found a solution to this problem as soon as Windows has finished to start I close my laptop to put it in sleep mode and after that the scrolling works perfectly again but everytime I reboot I have to do that so (scrolling) touchpad Weird issue it becomes a little bit boring nbsp Note that on a previous installation of Windows on this computer which was my second installation I had the same issue but Weird touchpad issue (scrolling) the next day an update has fixed it or at least I think it was the update I rebooted as the update asked me and the problem was gone so I don't know if it was the update the reboot or the magic And Weird touchpad issue (scrolling) on my first installation still on this computer I never had this problem nbsp So is this problem known here I've read so many thing things about touchpad issues but that was always about touchpad not working at all in my case it works almost perfectly just the scrolling will not perfectly works until I put Weird touchpad issue (scrolling) the computer in sleep mode

A:Weird touchpad issue (scrolling)

Update : When I created this thread I was on a triple boot Mac OS X Yosemite / Windows 10 / Linux Mint 17.3. After a few months, I had a problem with Linux that forced me to reinstall all my operating systems, and as I had a problem with the instalation of OS X, I skipped it and only reinstalled Windows and Linux. From this moment, the problem was gone. But yesterday, I took the time to reinstall OS X (and Windows and Linux because the HDD has to be empty to install OS X so I had to erase everything), then I reinstalled Windows and the problem was back. So I guess the problem is related to OS X, I don't see how and why but that's my only explanation... And I still haven't been able to really solve it so if you have any idea...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Weird-touchpad-issue-scrolling/td-p/5574988
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I'm having problem with my touch pad's scrolling feature. Whenever I open my folders, I cannot scroll through, however, it works fine when I'm surfing internet or scrolling through other stuffs like Word and start up menu. It just stops working when I'm accessing my folders. I'm using ELAN touch pad and the device is up to date. I can't seem to find the problem with this. I hope that someone can help me with this problem. Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385288-touchpad-scrolling-feature-not-working.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I tied all solution posted in thread: "Elan touchpad not working in Windows 10" But without any sucess. I am very disapointed, I have been trying whole day to solve this and get it running but without any sucess.

A:E1-571 Elan touchpad not scrolling after windows 1...

I have the very same problem after Windows 10 update. I rolled back the driver to a generic PS-2 with no results. I then downloaded a new Elan driver and still no scroll. My wife is **bleep** as she will not use the computer w/out the scroll. I guess my options are go back to windows 8.1 or buy her a new computer

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/E1-571-Elan-touchpad-not-scrolling-after-windows-10/td-p/385615
Relevancy 59.77%

Satellite ls7008. I have a laggy mouse when moving it with the touch-pad only. Every 4-6 seconds it stops then goes again. This is also happening when using the arrow keys on the keyboard when scrolling in a long web page. Now I am noticing input lag while typing. It does not do this when using a USB mouse(the mouse lag only). I have tried to restore, uninstall drivers, install new drivers(synoptics and Toshiba ones) and it still does it. I tried with and without a battery. I Turned off virus protection. Nothing has changed the input lag yet. Wondering if I need to reinstall windows 7 64bit as this really annoys me.

A:Laggy touchpad pointer and scrolling

Hi . Have, or do you do any maintainence to Windows? With a problem like this, I would do some work on the registry, I use the Freeware program called 'Winmend registry defrag 1.3.4'. You can download it from www.winmend.com. It is a 'light' program, and unlikely to do harm (as some can). Do a backup of your current registry as a safety precaution, before the scan. Also try 'CCleaner', as a general scan of your system to clear up any further 'problems'. I use these programs often, along with 'Auslogics Disc defrag 3.1.'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laggy-touchpad-pointer-and-scrolling.155372/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a ThinkPad Yoga S with a clean and up-to-date installation of Windows Pro Synaptics driver version is installed Two-finger touchpad scrolling rarely works in several UWP Metro apps such as Calendar and Groove Music When I attempt to scroll a little crosshair appears on the screen and moves up and down instead of moving the page Every once in a while it actually does scroll but only at random and immediatey stops scrolling doe... on ThinkPad touchpad Yoga Two-finger working again Strangely enough if the UWP window is in the background behind another window and isn't currently in focus two-finger scrolling works fine Non-UWP Metro applications do not seem to be affected by this problem Any help would be greatly appreciated -gyokuroEDIT I found a temporary workaround right after I posted this that doesn't fix the issue but at least makes it less of an annoyance until this is fixed If you click on the taskbar and then try to scroll in a UWP app it works fine and the tiny crosshair doesn't appear Two-finger scrolling on ThinkPad Yoga touchpad doe... either

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Two-finger-scrolling-on-ThinkPad-Yoga-touchpad-doesn-t-work-in/td-p/3349091
Relevancy 58.91%

I just got an IdeaPad 100S 11IBY and the touchpad won't let me scroll down in web pages or documents. If I drag two fingers down or up to scroll like I can on other laptops, nothing happens. Is there a way to turn scrolling on or does the laptop not support it?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:IdeaPad 100S 11IBY touchpad scrolling?

there is no setting to enable. as of right now, there is no way to get 2 finger scroll. I've been checking frequently to see if there are updated drivers for the trackpad but it's not even certain that this touchpad supports multitouch anyway. It's very disappointing that a new laptop does not have this basic feature, too difficult to use unless you have a mouse. Unfortunately I cannot  return mine so I'm stuck fiddling with scroll bars and arrow keys.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-100S-11IBY-touchpad-scrolling/td-p/2193061
Relevancy 58.91%

I had a problem with choosing the right category for my topic because I don't really know whether is something wrong with my touchpad or is the driver broken or maybe something else entirely Let me start by saying that I updated the driver for my touchpad using the newest one from Synaptics old one on the support page for my laptop I didn't really notice when it started happening but now it is really annoying The thing is when I scroll something weird things happen e g when I scroll a page in Opera menu bar and top of the window - scrolling weird Touchpad happen things changes to transparent and it simply falls apart when I scroll a document in Notepad it doesn't recognize changes in files and I cannot save them even when I quot practice quot scrolling in quot Device properties quot I get an error quot an invalid argument was encountered quot Seems that bad value is sent when I scroll but I didn't find anything solid about that Did anyone of You ever came across something similar EDIT What is more problem doesn't occur when I scroll with USB mouse

A:Touchpad scrolling - weird things happen

Hi kiziu, welcome to 7F

This link may offer some insight:
Firefox 4 touchpad scrolling iissues
It references to a problem with the registry settings with the Synaptic driver, but unfortunately does not explain in detail how the values need modified.

Do you have other browsers that you can check to see if it happens in them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/201289-touchpad-scrolling-weird-things-happen.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently bought a new PORTEGE Z30T-A PT24CE-01600EN5
OS Version Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 6.3.9600

In touch-pad settings I cannot find reverse scroll option.
I had TOSHIBA Z930 before and I'm used to scrolling down and page down.

Anyway to change scrolling direction for touch pad?

A:Touchpad reverse scrolling not available on Portege Z30T-A

Hi

I don't have this notebook model but on mine machine with Win8.1 in touchpad properties there is scrolling option under ?Multi-Finger?. Scrolling options can be changed. Under several options there is also option ?Reverse? that can be enabled or disabled.

Please open touchpad properties and check all options there.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?80189-Touchpad-reverse-scrolling-not-available-on-Portege-Z30T-A
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, hope there's someone who can help me with this.
I'm using an acer aspire laptop, and my touchpad stopped working suddenly for a while - and after some time - until now - I can't scroll using two fingers (I have synaptics installed and it was working fine). Also the UP key in the keyboard isn't working. When I restart the system, tapping on the touchpad doesn't make a click unless I press ENTER first. This happened suddenly out of nowhere. Any help will be much appreciated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627113/touchpad-scrolling-with-two-fingers-stopped-suddenly-and-the-up-key-too/
Relevancy 58.91%

I've encountered [Spectre Any reverse touchpad to way x360] scrolling? a problem with the touchpad After using a the regular scrolling option on a chromebook having to [Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling? break the habit by scrolling down by swiping up is no small annoyance I [Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling? also use a regular mouse often too so simply reversing all scrolling would be hard to get used to nbsp I've looked online and found that other notebooks have a feature called precision touchpad that allows them to reverse scrolling Naturally I decided to test the method myself by going to nbsp [Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling? Mouse and Touchpad under nbsp PC Settings Sadly there was nothing there to change scrolling nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Obviously that wouldn't do so I kept up the search I then stumbled upon another way to change scrolling direction through nbsp Mouse Properties Going to the nbsp ClickPad Settings and enabling the scrolling option yielded no results nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Normally I'd love to fix things by myself but this time I need some help If anyone has any solutions that would be amazing nbsp

A:[Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling?

Hello @kuznecof?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about reversing the TouchPad, and wanted to help! There is a way to do this, however it is located in the Two-Finger Scrolling settings window.  In that window, you can click the check mark to enable the reverse scrolling direction.  Please review the following resources to assist you if needed:HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8)[Solved]Invert/Reverse 2 Two finger Touchpad scrolling direction Reverse Reversed Scroll Synaptics (Not a HP supported Web site). Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the "thumbs up" below.Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-Any-way-to-reverse-touchpad-scrolling/td-p/5131267
Relevancy 58.91%

OS Windows Build BIOS Synaptics scrolling - wor... stops VN7-591G Touchpad two-finger Driver I restart the sytem At this point the touchpad is working without issue I then close the lid on the laptop to initiate S sleep I notice on of the LEDs VN7-591G - Touchpad two-finger scrolling stops wor... on the right side starts blinking I open the lid and press the power button to resume from S sleep out of times two-finger scrolling stops working at this point Is there VN7-591G - Touchpad two-finger scrolling stops wor... a new driver that fixes this issue Is there a way I can VN7-591G - Touchpad two-finger scrolling stops wor... submit a ticket directly to Acer without going through chat or phone Reason I am avoiding customer support Chat representative wanted me to disable driver verificication with full assurance that this will fix my issue Disabling driver verification is only useful when the device is not working at all I tried it and it failed to fix the issue The other reason I am avoiding customer support is that the end result is very likely an RMA which will not fix the issue

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-591G-Touchpad-two-finger-scrolling-stops-working/td-p/434209/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey, I'm having an issue with activating scrolling on my Lenovo laptop. I am fairly certain it is a T450 model. I have gone to Control Panel > Mouse > Settings (under Trackpad) and enabled scrolling as well as horizontal and vertical for both two and one finger, but it still will not scroll! Any solutions?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Touchpad-scrolling-not-working-with-Thinkpad-T450/td-p/3355036
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Dell Inspirion 17R with a Dell Touchpad that auto updated to Windows 10. Now I can't two finger scroll in Internet Explorer 11. I get the hand icon but no scrolling. I can scroll in other programs like File Explorer. All Touchpad settings alow
two finger scrolling.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81fe11b8-b8d8-42df-8f61-c9a86ce6e929/scrolling-problem-with-dell-touchpad-with-windows-10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 58.91%

Since updating to Windows 10 My INspiron 15R touchpad doesn't always respond and move the pointer and the scroll doesn't work at all. Checked the driver but it says it's up to date.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989364
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I intended to post this one in Tablets amp Touch section at first but since this issue only occurs while using IE -- I thought this may be due to some conflicts or settings change in IE that is causing the issue I am using latest WIN -bit OS Just bought this scrolling IE11 Synaptics touchpad [email protected]#! - lap months back I had updated all the drivers softwares and security patches from manufacturer's site amp MS Windows too This problem is there right from the beginning I had also updated my BIOS to the latest given in the HP product site No drivers or softwares other than those given in product site are installed The issue is whenever I start using IE I have IE the touchpad scrolling function freeze for sometime then again revert to normal and it goes on amp on while browsing though different webpages irrespective of which one I open When it start suddenly the touchpad cursor stuck up n immediately gets control of cursor but scroll function still remains inactive I have not seen this issue otherwise while doing normal windows operations when IE is closed But issue remains on other operations specifically scrolling through Windows modern apps while IE is open I may not be able to reproduce this issue at a time specified by you it just comes amp goes intermittently I had done troubleshooting for touchpad and everything went normal I had looked for any driver issues IE11 - Synaptics touchpad scrolling [email protected]#! but could not see any in the device manager Had unistalled amp reinstalled latest version of Synaptics touchpad from product site amp from device manager on two separate occasions Since getting this weird problem I had looked for the settings option of Synaptics touchpad And I can see that two-point scrolling scrolling smooth scrolling everything is enabled the mouse pointer speed has also been maxed out by me Vertical amp horizontal scrolling speed has been increased by me to from All these steps taken by me still has not resolved my issue Hope someone would help me out p s this issue remains while using USB wireless mouse too Thanks Visruth

A:IE11 - Synaptics touchpad scrolling [email protected]#!

Go for Opera browser - the glitch is gone
Thanks to David Bailey -see thread here.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/48517-ie11-synaptics-touchpad-scrolling-conflicts.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an odd little problem. I have issues scrolling via the touchpad when using the screenwriting software Final Draft 9.  This has occurred with two different Acer Aspire E 11 models. When using both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The text jumps and stutters and generally goes crazy. Scolling in any other situation is perfect.  And scrolling is fine in Final Draft when I attach a USB mouse. I've contacted the people at Final Draft.  So far they've found no cause.  So I'm wondering if someone here might be able to provide assistance. Again, scrolling is fine in every other situation.  Drivers are up to date.  Windows 10 is up to date.  And the model number is: E3111P60S.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E-11-Touchpad-scrolling-issue-with-Final-Draft/td-p/426663/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I recently bought a Lenovo Y700 running W10. I am trying to get it set up the way I like and cannot find an option to use one-finger scrolling with my touchpad (two-finger scrolling is an option and works just fine).

I am updated to driver 19.0.19.1, but for some reason when I go to Mouse Properties it lists the driver version as 19.0.17.26. I'm not sure if this is related. Here are some screen caps of the driver discrepancy as well as the UI for the mouse, which has no option for one-finger scrolling. How do I enable this?

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57160-synaptics-touchpad-v1-2-no-option-one-finger-scrolling.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey I recently got a Toshiba - Scrolling on Touch + Touchpad P30 Launch, & Toshiba P Notebook Installed Norton Internet Security on it and kept getting an error message saying that it can t be reinstalled during startup so as an attempt to fix that I looked through the startup options in the registry and while i was at it got rid of a few other startup options that I thought I wouldn t need but some adverse affects occurred the touch pad s touch and launch feature hold down a corner of the touch pad and you get shortcuts to stuff doesn t work on it and I can no longer scroll with the side and bottom of my touch pad and being stupid i didn t backup the keys I deleted so I don t know what I need to restore I tried re-enabling everything in msconfig using system restore and using quot last known good configuration quot at windows startup i called Toshiba tech support and they told me to use system restore I also tried reinstalling a bunch of mouse related drivers but to no avail according to the touch and launch program touch and launch is enabled and I can t find the settings for scrolling with the touch pad the touch Touchpad - Touch & Launch, + Scrolling on Toshiba P30 pad does work someone please help me this is getting quite annoying nbsp

A:Touchpad - Touch & Launch, + Scrolling on Toshiba P30

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=304494

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-touch-launch-scrolling-on-toshiba-p30.304473/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have an odd little problem. I have issues scrolling via the touchpad when using the screenwriting software Final Draft 9.  This has occurred with two different Acer Aspire E 11 models. When using both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. The text jumps and stutters and generally goes crazy. Scolling in any other situation is perfect.  And scrolling is fine in Final Draft when I attach a USB mouse. I've contacted the people at Final Draft.  So far they've found no cause.  So I'm wondering if someone here might be able to provide assistance. Again, scrolling is fine in every other situation.  Drivers are up to date.  Windows 10 is up to date.  And the model number is: E3111P60S.

A:E 11 Touchpad scrolling issue with Final Draft

I have the exact same super annoying issue with my acer touchpad.  I'm glad to hear it works correctly with the mouse, i'll have to do that for now.  Ever find another solution?  Really stupid that it scrolls fine in Word and othe places but not in Final Draft...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E-11-Touchpad-scrolling-issue-with-Final-Draft/td-p/426663
Relevancy 58.91%

Does the mouse have up/down page scrolling? I bought the laptop for my son but i cannot get the page to scroll up or down regardless whether i use 1/2 fingers?? If it just doesn't have scrolling can someone let me know please.Thanks

A:IdeaPad 100S 11IBY touchpad scrolling?

Even though it doesn't have two -finger scrolling, the 11by Lenovo has page up / page down controls and the up / down arrow keys on the lower right of the keyboard which will scroll the page if you are not inside a typing box. If inside a typing box the up /down arrows scroll within the text. Move the cursor outside the box then click to get the extra features on those keys

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/IdeaPad-100S-11IBY-touchpad-scrolling/td-p/2236550