Windows Support Forum

Windows Update fails installing: Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) with Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Q: Windows Update fails installing: Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) with Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Update fails installing: Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) with Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 161.51%

To anyone that can help me out I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error update windows "WindowsUpdate_80073712" code home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot To bring you up to speed windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box To see the updates that did not install refer to the image titled quot update quot Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped I'm also attaching my checksur log I don't understand it now and it looks like a foreign language to me but as I progress through my information systems degree I hope one day I can become a techsupport forum partner Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent HERE IS MY CHECKSUR LOG Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c af b ed d f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ad cd de f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none aba dfa bcab f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none db a bc d e f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none ae aecb bfcc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb b f f f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none bb cfaa e b e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b fc fc f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c b e bab e f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll amd microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none b ae cf b c f CSI Payload File Missing x schannel dll wow microsoft-windows-security-schannel bf ad e none a ef a a f CSI Payload File Missing x webio dll wow microsoft-windows-webio bf ad e none c f ef c c e Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Hi have you tried running a start up repair An update is not installed successfully when you try to install the update in Windows Vista and Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt000-632721.html
Relevancy 158.72%

windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
I am using windows 7 64 bit
I cannot install any important updates and haven't been since 8/2010

A:windows update error "WindowsUpdate_80070BC9" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

These links from Microsoft Support will help you up....
Link 1
Link 2

PLZ go through these support links and do reply if the problem is solved......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-error-windowsupdate_80070bc9-windowsupdate_dt000.983122/
Relevancy 148.49%

I don't understand why, but this particular update is being a bit cantankerous. I seem to have installed it seven times. Windows keeps saying "Download and install this new update," so I do it, shut down my computer, and restart, but it still wants me to update more. I didn't realize it was actually installing successfully until I checked the list of updates I installed, and KB937287 was on there seven times. Anyone have any ideas about this?

A:Problem with "Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB937287)"

Originally Posted by Vash Aurion

I don't understand why, but this particular update is being a bit cantankerous. I seem to have installed it seven times. Windows keeps saying "Download and install this new update," so I do it, shut down my computer, and restart, but it still wants me to update more. I didn't realize it was actually installing successfully until I checked the list of updates I installed, and KB937287 was on there seven times. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Hey Vash,

I would uninstall all seven of the previous installations and d/l KB937287 and manually (meaning don't use windows update) install it. Here is a link:

Download details: Update for Windows Vista for x64-based Systems (KB937287)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/130949-problem-update-windows-vista-x64-based-systems-kb937287.html
Relevancy 147.56%

Microsoft Updater says I have a critical update (KB2286198) to install but it fails and gives the message: "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".

I've tried a couple of things that MS Support suggests but they don't work and don't seem to really apply to this particular error message. Searching for the error code 80246007 hasn't yielded anything yet that works.

Any ideas?

Gateway GT5622
x86 based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz, 1800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Operating System Name: Windows Vista
Operating System Platform: NT/2000/XP/Vista
Operating System Major Version: 6
Operating System Minor Version: 0
Operating System Build Number: 6002
Service Pack Description: Service Pack 2

A:Update Error Message "WindowsUpdate_80246007" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/update-error-message-windowsupdate_80246007-windowsupdate_dt000.941849/
Relevancy 146.94%

Can anyone help me out here I have pc s running windows and both of them wont update windows not Windows "WindowsUpdate_80200053" will update "WindowsUpdate_dt000" I am also having a few problems instaling other things Like avg malwarebytes microsoft windows malicious software removal virus When i Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" download them it always comes back as the file is corrupt I have managed to download HijackThis exe and here are the results below Any help would be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Obrien Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO Norton Identity Protection - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Norton Vulnerability Protection - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPS IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - E Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA SEARCH Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll file missing O - HKLM Run BCU quot C Program Files x DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe quot O - HKLM Run JMB X IDE Setup C Windows RaidTool xInsIDE exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Appl... Read more

A:Windows will not update "WindowsUpdate_80200053" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-update-windowsupdate_80200053-windowsupdate_dt000.1073271/
Relevancy 135.16%

I'm trying under "Windows Update" to click on "check for updates" however when I do that I get message
"windows update cannot currently check for updates, because updates on this computer are controlled by your system administrator"
I am the admin on the PC however this PC points to a In-office "WSUS server" to normally get its update
Is there a work around to this that I could add to my local group policy or registry?
I have been under Group Policy Object Editor -->Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates -->
Windows Components --> Windows Update
but seen nothing that would allow to override this error
Any suggestion(s) would be most appreciated
JMurphNE

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bc0d13f2-e9cb-4001-a8e6-cfc5d80efd59/windows-update-issue-quotwindows-7quot-error-quotbecause-updates-on-this-computer-are?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 130.51%

I was doing a prep for installing Windows 10, now, I got message that I could not go any further because of

Windows 7 update failed on "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3102429), the error code is 80200011.
Please help me resolve this problem, so I can upgrade to Windows 10

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/57594b76-a037-46f9-b294-cd6d3fdd5f1f/windows-7-update-failed-on-quot-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb3102429?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 129.89%

When trying to update with Windows update i get a spontaneous reboot or a bluescreen-crash The filename quot lzx sys quot is mentioned The updates i'm trying to install are the following roughly translated from norwegian quot Update for Windows Media Format SDK for Windows XP KB quot quot Windows Tool for removal of dangerous software - march KB quot Other than that i believe i have all other "Exploit/ByteVerify" reboots/bluescreens - spontaneous Update Windows - "lzx32.sys" windows-updates I do however recall there beeing a third update on Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify" the list Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify" when i started the installation for the first time After the third or forth spontanous restart Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify" bluscreen when i figured something was wrong it has disappeared from the list I do not know if it actually got installed or not I've been following the -steps-before-posting as good as possible From my normal startup programs msn-messenger and daemon-tools were shutted down before the dss-scan Here are the three logs panda-activescan dss-main and dss-extra attached PS note that the quot extra txt quot is from the first scan which was done abit earlier than my last scan where the pasted quot main txt quot is from This is because i was unable to get a fresh quot extra txt quot from the last scan no minimized window at all OK here we go now Incident Status Location Adware adware abox Not disinfected Windows Registry Dialer dialer asl Not disinfected HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats D A -E C - E F-A - D AC A Adware adware azesearch Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware adshooter Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware fastvideoplayer Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware wupd Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware ist sidefind Not disinfected Windows Registry Dialer dialer dk Not disinfected HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats D - F - C-B E -DEBDD C Adware adware ist istbar Not disinfected Windows Registry Adware adware dyfuca Not disinfected Windows Registry Potentially unwanted tool Application ServUBased A Not disinfected C Burn-Backup kl - Burn Stuff Progz - Inet Serv-U fo-su zip fo-su exe SERVUDAEMON EXE Spyware Cookie BurstNet Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Mozilla Firefox Profiles hfevyay default cookies txt burstnet com Spyware Cookie Xiti Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Mozilla Firefox Profiles hfevyay default cookies txt xiti com Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Mozilla Firefox Profiles hfevyay default cookies txt ad yieldmanager com Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar java jar- f c - ee e f zip NewSecurityClassLoader class Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar java jar- f c - ee e f zip NewURLClassLoader class Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar loaderadv jar- b- efe zip Matrix class Hacktool Exploit ByteVerify Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Claw Programdata Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar loaderadv jar- b- efe zip Dummy class Adware Adware Give free Not disinfected C Programfiler Give Free Plugin ibho dll Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Claw on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Claw exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at... Read more

A:Windows Update - spontaneous reboots/bluescreens "lzx32.sys" - "Exploit/ByteVerify"

BUMP

In addition I've done some work myself (Rustbfix.exe, SpywareGuard, SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition, AVG Anti-Spyware), and it seems to be cleaner than it was (i.e. Windows Update works).

It would be nice anyways to get the facts straight, so here's a fresh log from Deckards System Scanner:

Deckard's System Scanner v20070318.32
Run by Claw_ on 2007-03-22 at 14:16:44
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- HijackThis (run as Claw_.exe) -----------------------------------------------

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 14:17:16, on 22.03.2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Programfiler\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Programfiler\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Programfiler\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Programfiler\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Programfiler\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Programfiler\WZCBDL Service\WZCBDLS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Programfiler\BillP Studios\WinPatrol\winpatrol.exe
C:\Programfiler\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Programfiler\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Programfiler\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Programfiler\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Programfiler\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
C:\Programfiler\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Programfiler\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Programfiler\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Programfiler\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Programfiler\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Programfiler\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Programfiler\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Claw_\Skrivebord\Security-stuff\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\HIJACK~1\Claw_.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.no/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1A0AADCD-3A72-4b5f-900F-E3BB5A838E2A} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {208E7E77-507A-4649-B0C9-D39E9049C7A2} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Programfiler\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Programfiler\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Programfiler\Fellesfiler\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-spontaneous-reboots-bluescreens-lzx32-sys-exploit-byteverify-145850.html
Relevancy 129.27%

So I have this weird thing happening in my relatively fresh install of Windows 10.
Whenever I search for "Check for Updates" or "Windows Update settings" on the search box of the start menu, I get the results that I want but if I press enter or try to click on those results nothing happens.. As far as I know I can click all others search results but those, and maybe others related to windows update.

I can still get updates by going to Settings>Update & Security though.

In my other computers this works fine, and as far as I can tell all the updates are done.
From what I've searched around other people seemed to have a similar issue where they couldn't acess the settings at all which isn't my case. Still I tried the sfc/ scannow that a lot of users seemed to recommend but no results.

A:Can't click on "Check for Updates" "Windows Update settings" on Start

Spanker,
.............. Still I tried the sfc/ scannow that a lot of users seemed to recommend but no results. .....................

Please clarify what did you mean by "no results".

When sfc /scannow is completed, it will give you one of the following 3 reports....................(paraphrasing)

1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupted files and repair is successful.
3. Found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them.

Which one of the above is applicable to you ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47108-cant-click-check-updates-windows-update-settings-start.html
Relevancy 128.65%

windows update error code quot WindowsUpdate quot quot WindowsUpdate dt quot To anyone that can help me out "WindowsUpdate_dt00 update windows code error "WindowsUpdate_80073712" I purchased a windows anytime upgrade key and upgraded my system from windows home premiuim to windows ultimate now when my windows tries to update I get this See image titled quot message quot windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 To bring you up to speed as to what I've windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 done so far I ran sfc scannow and no errors were found I downloaded the hotfixes and apllied them and still could not update I tried to do a system restore to the point before I upgraded but I could not perform one because windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00 all of my previous attempts to update windows automatically creates a system restore and all the restore points were within a hour period I installed a system update readiness tool as per quot windows help and support quot dialogue box Really I feel like I've done my homework and I've exhausted my efforts as to how to fix this problem I'm currently going to school for computers and so I really like to apply what I learn in real world situations but this one has got me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Techstudent

A:windows update error code "WindowsUpdate_80073712" "WindowsUpdate_dt00

Read this instructions carefully and proceed:

Quote:
If the System File Check tool found corruption and could not fix them, then we will do a repair install to correct this. First check if the second set of instructions (Resetting Windows Update Components) is successful.

Repair Installation:
You may reinstall your copy of Windows 7 while keeping your files, settings, and programs by performing a repair installation or an upgrade installation.
1. Insert the Windows installation disc into your computer's DVD or CD drive. You must start Windows installation while running your existing version of Windows.
2. On the Install Windows page, click Install now.
3. On the Get important updates for installation page, we recommend getting the latest updates to help ensure a successful installation and to help protect your computer against security threats. You will need an Internet connection to get installation updates.
4. On the Type your product key for activation page, we strongly recommend that you type your 25-character product key to help avoid problems during activation.
5. On the Please read the license terms page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms.
6. On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Upgrade to begin the upgrade. You might see a compatibility report.
7. Follow the instructions.
Note: If your installation disk does not include SP1, and you are updated to it, then you will have to uninstall it before performing an upgrade install. Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> View installed updates, then select Service Pack for Microsoft Windows and click Uninstall.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is always advisable to backup any and all important data before proceeding with any major changes to your system. Please see: Methods for backing up your files.
Always make sure you have the means to reinstall your programs, either through an install disk or having access to the installation files.

Source: "WindowsUpdate_80070570" "WindowsUpdate_80073712" - Microsoft Answers

I would prefer you try an upgrade installation and input your newly purchased product key which will install Windows 7 Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/212914-windows-update-error-code-windowsupdate_80073712-windowsupdate_dt00.html
Relevancy 128.65%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 127.72%

Hello guys,

I don't know what I did, but nothing happens when I click on those two things in the search bar:

View image: wtf

I reinstalled Windows a few hours ago, and IIRC pressing those with the mouse lead somewhere. Now when I click on them, it does nothing. I have to type in "Settings", so I can click on the actual Windows App. Then I can navigate to those settings. IIRC those results were "clickable".

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance!

A:Can't open "Windows Update Settings" or "Check for Updates"

Hello iamnewhere,

If you like, here's a Windows Update shortcut to use for now until hopefully an update will sort it for you.

Windows Update Shortcut - Create in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44735-cant-open-windows-update-settings-check-updates.html
Relevancy 127.72%

I'm not sure what this is in Windows Update [and this seems to be greyed out itself too], but how is it possible to have no results in Google on this KB that's in Windows Update?

I also clicked on the "more information" for the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but nothing came up there either.

A:A "non-existent" Windows update ("KB3024777") even Google can't find

Also note that it can't be unchecked/deselected.

Edit: It seems this update removes kb3004394 and vanish without a trace (except in History).
Neither seems to be available in the uninstall list afterwards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355004-non-existent-windows-update-kb3024777-even-google-cant-find.html
Relevancy 127.1%

Laptop ASUS with Windows 7 Ultimate - 32bits.
I manually did a windows update search and found 4 new updates available.
Downloaded and installed the 4 new windows update. After completion, only 3 installed correctly.
Only 1 new update failed to install and I got a message error: "WindowsUpdate_800F020B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000".
Tried searching for it's meaning through Microsoft, Windows Help and other Forums to no avail.
Does anyone know what it's meaning?

A:"WindowsUpdate_800F020B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" - Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Hi,
I would like to confirm which update you are trying to install? To see which device is causing the problem, you can review available updates before trying to install them. The device name or manufacturer will be displayed in the list of available updates.
The error code 800F020B can occur if an update that you're trying to install applies to a device that is not connected to the computer. Make sure that all of your devices are connected and turned on, and then try installing updates again.
Best regards,
Della Li

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/111d43ec-b5d6-48cd-977e-7a173a076a43/quotwindowsupdate800f020bquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-windows-7-ultimate-32-bit?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 127.1%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 125.86%

Hi can someone please help! I have 2 important updates that keep failing, I have spent hours trying to sort it and now hours trying to register on here and follow all the instructions to try fixing and logging my actions etc, and Im getting nowhere!

Ive done everything it said to do but I cant get the cbs.zip file to load on here???

These are the updates:
Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2667402) - Error details: Code 8024200D
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932) - Error details: Code 80070490

HELP!!!!!

A:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB976932) "FAILED"

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/324632-windows-7-service-pack-1-x64-based-systems-kb976932-failed.html
Relevancy 125.86%

I'm using a MBP mid 2012 15-inch non-retina running Windows 7 through BootCamp.
I decided to update my installation to the SP1 and hence installed a few Windows essential updates. After the update, I realized that my WiFi failed to connect to any hotspot, although all were present in the connection selection dialogue in the system tray. On clicking connect on any SSID, it takes around 30 seconds and then says "Connection unsuccessful , Limited connectivity to **** "
Also, neither connecting an ethernet cable nor USB tethering from my Android phone seem to work. Any help?
I've tried installing the latest BootCamp Support software, tried uninstalling and deleting existing ethernet and wireless adapter drivers

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, Running OS X 10.8.3 and BootCamp 5

EDIT: I have manually update both the ethernet and WLAN drivers, to no avail

A:Windows 7 SP1 WiFi Fails "Limited Access/Not Connected" after update

Please complete so our BSOD Team can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/378743-windows-7-sp1-wifi-fails-limited-access-not-connected-after-update.html
Relevancy 125.86%

To be honest, I just downloaded Windows Update Readiness Tool because my "Turn Windows Feature On or Off" shows up blank every time I open it just like the picture attached.

So, I researched that the way to fix it is by installing Windows Update Readiness Tool, and so, I did. But, when I try to install, it LITERALLY "fails" to do so (as seen on the other pic) . Can anyone help me resolve this problem? I want a concrete answer with steps for me to follow. I don't care however complicated those steps may be, as long as they definitely fix the issue.

Thanks to all who help

A:Windows Update Readiness Tool Literally "Fails" to install

Run sfc /scan now using option 2 in this tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329799-windows-update-readiness-tool-literally-fails-install.html
Relevancy 125.86%

HELP PLEASE

i was installing an update and it keeps saying "WindowsUpdate_8024200D" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" and it fails everytime, how can i correct this problem?
please email me back

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c04ee04-2d20-4e9b-96e9-f9d4a6b0a4ed/quotwindowsupdate8024200dquot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-fails?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 125.24%

Hey guys so I during Devices" Windows "Setting Fails 8.1 up Update have been trying to update my custom built PC from Windows to Windows nbsp I been trying and failing for over years now I haven t tried updating my PC to Windows for more than a year The old thread I started is here I recently decided to give it a go again and the Windows update downloads Windows 8.1 Update Fails during "Setting up Devices" installs and gets up to the quot Getting Windows 8.1 Update Fails during "Setting up Devices" Devices Ready quot part and fails when it reaches around - with a BSOD The hardware specs of my PC is located here My PC had originally Windows but I upgraded it to Windows This time around these were the steps I followed to update to Windows Used the Windows Update Guide from Microsoft as my referenceRan Windows Update to make sure I had the latest updates Ran PatchMyPC to update all my apps and install and Windows updates that I missed Ran DriverPackSolution to update all of my drivers Ran Windows Upgrade Assistant and removed and incompatible programs or hardwareRan both CCleaner and Defraggler to free up disc spaceDisabled my Antivirus softwareBooted Windows in quot Clean Boot quot modeDisconnected all peripheral devices except mouse keyboard and used only of three monitors connected to PC Attempted to update to Windows After doing all of this installing the Windows update still failed at the quot Setting Up Devices quot stage I am at my wits end should I just do a clean installation reformat of my drive with Windows I have the Windows ISO disc available for free from my University s DreamSpark Partnership with Microsoft or will I run into the same issue Any help is appreciated

A:Windows 8.1 Update Fails during "Setting up Devices"

Hard to say. I have installed Windows 8.1 several times on three Dell computers I have. Bu I always did the most basic install with no extras.Here is a method you may want to try.Get another HDD, even an old old. Format it.Next, put that spare HDD into your PC. Remove anything not needed for a very basic install.  install Windows 8.1 right off the DVD.Do not use any third party tools. But allow Windows 8.1 to use  your Ethernet to get into the Internet. It will find what drivers it needs. My guess is that a simple clean install will work. Please let me know.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,149242.0.html
Relevancy 125.24%

I finally managed to get my laptop running on Windows All was fine But then the Windows Upgrade assistant informed me message... 10 no no clue to FAILS... update Windows "10.1" that I'm on an outdated version of Windows and that I should Windows 10 to "10.1" update FAILS... no message... no clue update Apparently it is pretty massive so it's treated like an quot upgrade quot Well after minutes of all this quot progress quot and work the process simply FAILED Windows was successful at quot restoring the previous version quot OK but after this NO INDICATION of what went wrong Launching the Windows Assistant for updating is all enthusiastic about helping me quot update to the latest and most secure version of Windows quot with nary a clue that the previous attempt failed I'm AGHAST at how incompetent Microsoft has become This is the absolutely most terrible O S upgrade experience I've ever had going from to and now It's atrocious to see so many quot hoops quot that need to be leaped through without Microsoft taking the initiative to make this process an efficient and productive one I absolutely CANNOT IMAGINE how anyone who is a novice or with quot general quot Windows experience could manage this without resorting to hundreds of dollars in support fees It's disgusting Nevertheless painful as it is I'm on Windows and would like to be quot more secure quot with the latest Any clue as to what I can do to find out what CHOKED Microsoft on this and how to get over it Going to Windows Events for quot Setup quot showed nothing but quot System quot showed a plethora of DistributedCOM error messages quot The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application quot Failure to register with DCOM And other Service Control Manager errors timeouts Apparently there is some explicit quot Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter quot available that Microsoft doesn't proactively tell you about You figure they'd at least point you in that direction after an update failure I ran this which fixed some kind of quot Service registration is missing or corrupt quot Now wouldn't Microsoft Windows run some kind of diagnostic like this FIRST before attempting a lengthy update As part of the quot CHECKING TO SEE IF YOUR PC IS READY TO BE UPDATED quot or some other such sensible action instead of wasting people's time

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62922-windows-10-10-1-update-fails-no-message-no-clue.html
Relevancy 124%

I am getting this error message: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" can any one help me with this? Thanks

A: "WindowsUpdate_8024400E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error message

twmom, Windows Update error 8024400E indicates that you're running into temporary connection errors in trying to check for updates. Please refer to this Microsoft KB article, which contains a lengthy list of troubleshooting steps.-Alex

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/28fb50ae-b648-4063-bb65-46ac182db489/quotwindowsupdate8024400equot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-error-message?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 121.83%

Hello All,

This is yet another issue with Windows Update on 7; I recently (a couple of weeks or so ago) upgraded my father's computer to Windows 7 and he loves it.

However, whenever either of us try and use Windows Update, it sits there for hours and hours on "Installing Updates 1 of 2."

Does anybody have any ideas where I could look as to why this is happening?

I will post more information on this when I can find more detailed account of what's going on with 7.
Thanks,
- Robert

A:Windows Update on 7 stalls while "Installing Updates (2/3)" on AMD64 m

you could try :-

go to services (click start and type SER

stop windows update service

go to c:/windows/software distribution/data store

empty this folder

restart/start windows update service

open windows update and it should be red indicating never searched for updates
then try again

also check installed programs and make sure what your trying to install hasn't already automatically installed when you first installed Windows 7

just an idea

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/136552-windows-update-7-stalls-while-installing-updates-2-3-amd64-m.html
Relevancy 121.52%

Hi
I have windows 7 unstalled on a hp laptop , when I try to install windows update I get error  WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000
Regards

John

A:windows 7 error WindowsUpdate_80070005" "WindowsUpdate_dt000

Hi John,

I would like to suggest you run System Update Readiness Tool to resolve certain conditions that could cause installing updates and other software not to work.

If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you perform the following steps to reset the permission settings.

Run the subinacl.msi file
=====================
1. Please download the subinacl.msi file from the following link and save the installation patch on the Desktop:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en#AffinityDownloads

2. Please go to the Desktop and double click the downloaded file.
3. Please select the C:\Windows\System32 folder as the Destination Folder during the installation. Later we will use this tool to reset the permission settings on the current machine.

Note: If UAC (User Account Control) window is prompted for permission to continue, please click "Continue".

4. Click "Start". In the Start Search bar, type: "notepad" (without quotes) and press Enter.
5. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window:

@echo off

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

@Echo =========================
@Echo Finished.
@Echo =========================
@pause

6. After pasting the above commands, please close the Notepad window. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. Type "reset.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the save location.
7. Refer to the Desktop and right click the reset.bat file, then choose "Run as administrator."
8. You will see a DOS-like window processing.

NOTE: It may take several minutes. When it is finished, you will be prompted with the message: "Finished, press any key to continue".

If the issue persists, would you please send me more information for analyzing. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you.  You can upload the information files to the following link.  (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft")

Workspace URL: https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=6a38f62d-7232-491d-9b5a-4c89ce009bf5
Password: [email protected]_

Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken.  Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding.

Run Process Monitor
=====================
1. Please download "Process Monitor" from the following link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

2. Right click on the downloaded file and click "Extract All…".
3. Follow the instructions on the screen to extract all the files to a folder, such as "ProcessMonitor".

4. Open the "ProcessMonitor" folder and double click on the "Procmon.exe" file to launch the program.

Note: Please click Yes when we receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

5. Click "Filter" -> "Reset Filter" to reset the filter.
6. Click the "Capture" (Reading glass) button on the toolbar to stop the current capture and click the "Clea... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3f9d6891-2d32-44b9-8134-f315d4a008a6/windows-7-error-windowsupdate80070005quot-quotwindowsupdatedt000?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 121.21%

Windows 7 Home Premium

I have run Windows Update and selected an update to install. It errors. However, when I shut down or restart, I get a blue screen with a message
"Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing Update 1 of 1" and nothing happens.

Is there a way I can identify the particular update being run and have it ignored at next shutdown/startup?

Can this be done in Safe Mode with Networking?

T

A:Windows 7 Update "Installing" forever At Startup

If you choose not to download and install an update, it’s available for you the next time you visit Windows Update…and the next time, and the time after that as well. You might have a good reason for not accepting a particular update—perhaps it makes improvements to a Windows feature you never use—and there’s no reason it should clutter your list of available updates. To remove an item from the list without installing it, you hide it. This is a pretty easy trick, but the option for hiding updates in the list is itself somewhat hidden and often goes overlooked.

In the list of available updates, right-click any update that you don’t want to see again, and choose Hide Update. If you later change your mind—or if you just want to see a list of the updates you’ve chosen to hide—on the main Windows Update page, click Restore Hidden Updates.
From Technet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-installing-forever-at-startup-1027530.html
Relevancy 120.28%

I just installed a new 60gb hard drive as a back up to put my movie files on,it installed fine and it works fine but i get "windows milenium emergancy boot" when i boot the system up .I don"t know if this error is serious but I do know that the system seems less stable in this boot mode..can someone please help? thanx

A:after installing new "hard drive" it starts with "windows emergency boot"

closing duplicate, view this thread
http://forums.techguy.org/t76279/s5b1a29d68c715c9a36d25291025adddb.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-installing-new-hard-drive-it-starts-with-windows-emergency-boot.76282/
Relevancy 120.28%

after successful windows 10 update installation two days ago both my laptop and desktop underwent another (repeat?) attempt at a windows 10 update installation, which went on- stuck- until i powered off 8 hours later. after re-booting i got a message saying the update install didn't finish...?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442626-windows-10-update-not-able-finish-installing.html
Relevancy 119.04%
Relevancy 119.04%

"WindowsUpdate_80070002" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
I have followed all information provided by your team-
deleted temp files, restarted service (it was running already)
stopped service and restarted computer.

All troubleshooting I have tried and I click on start, windows update, check for updates, AND "WindowsUpdate_80070002" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" error Keeps popping up..
I've been running my computer now with no known updates for over a year now and I can't seem to find the fault!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4213aa17-178b-4a2f-922a-1f828b049303/quotwindowsupdate80070002quot-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-error?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 118.42%

Hello everyone how are you!

I have a question, actually I'm development a application for sharing internet connection. I'm using "Wireless Hosted Network and Internet Connection Sharing" that it's in https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd815252%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

I want change default IP Address range and I have read that these settings it's in next address:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters.

My question is, How I can restart or update the "Internet Connection Shraring" or "Wireless Hosted Network" after I change the IP Address range for that assign IP Address different to default.

Thank you!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9cad8769-ac99-4437-8b52-752a0cf85da9/restart-or-update-the-quotinternet-connection-shraringquot-or-quotwireless-hosted?forum=netmon
Relevancy 118.42%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 118.42%

I have a Gigabyte BA-B85N Phoenix Wifi rev 1.1 motherboard, so when I try to install the WLAN driver off of Gigabyte's website, I get to the install screen and get "error update.cpp 1185". I have tried letting windows install the driver through device manager and opening the local folder, but to no avail. I get the same error.

I have also tried running it as administrator, redownloading the driver, and all that. I still get the same error. Any ideas? I just need to get wifi working.

I am running Windows 8 Pro 64bit. Thanks!

edit: I am assuming WLAN is the correct driver to install in order to get Wifi working, if I am wrong please correct me.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/59778-error-update-cpp-1185-when-installing-wlan-driver.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Whenever I click "Check for Updates" in the Windows 7 update dialog, the scanning bar moves and moves, but it never passes this step. In eventvwr, there's an error with description:

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service."

Windows updates never install. This is my laptop in my signature, so system resources shouldn't be a problem, what with 3 GB ram available, core2duo, etc. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

A:windows 7 update hangs, "insufficient system resources" error

Hi -

How much HDD space is available?

Have you cleaned out temp file storage areas?
START | cleanmgr

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-hangs-insufficient-system-resources-error-510212.html
Relevancy 117.8%

This problem started when I accidentally agreed to upgrade to Windows which put that update in my queue I subsequently cancelled the update but the upgrade remained This was a problem for me because Windows could not update itself while the Windows update is in the queue and I have important third party software that won't let itself be installed on an un-updated computer Loop Windows - in Error Stuck computer" Update "restart So I am stuck I called Microsoft and they were able to after much time get rid of the Windows update However they left me in a never-ending loop of quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot and my software still won't install I spent another days on the phone with Microsoft techs and they exhausted their tools and told me reinstalling Windows was my only choice - trying to avoid that I do have a restore point but it's back in May which is doable I guess Windows Update Error - Stuck in "restart computer" Loop but I've had bad luck with restore and am looking to solve this another way More details Restarting from the prompt in Windows Update does nothing Clicking on check for updates tells me I have to restart first I have the original Windows disc that came with the computer but it is a recovery DVD only and did not give me the option of repairing Windows Update I ran scannow and SURT Didn't work I have not got any windows error codes The only update in my history is the KB Windows Update Error - Stuck in "restart computer" Loop hotfix Something the Microsoft techs did removed the other history I uploaded the SFC details file The CBS file is MB zipped so too big to send I also uploaded the batch file the microsoft techs used which didn't work

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388972-windows-update-error-stuck-restart-computer-loop.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Windows Update error code appeared on September and message quot Windows can't check for updates quot I use Windows Vista Home basic bit Service Pack I tried almost all suggestions in Internet including these on Microsoft Web-page about this how to fix this message Windows Update 80070490 and can't for code updates" "Windows error check problem including Microsoft Fix It System Update Readiness Tool Windows Update Diagnostics DIAGCAB file and etc but the message Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" continue to appear The last successful update was on All updates made before and on September are written as quot successful Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates" quot in quot Update history quot folder but when I open quot Installed Updates quot folder I don't see nothing and there is written quot No updates are installed on this computer quot which is strange because by this moment Windows Update was made automatically without any problems Please help me to fix the problem with this error code ps On of September I reinstalled Windows Update Software from Microsoft Web Page Microsoft Update and the notification message quot Windows can't check for updates quot from my taskbar dissapeared and never appeared again so i thought the problem is solved but yesterday evening October when i opened Widnows Update in my Control Panel and pressed quot Check for updates quot it started to seek for updates but after some time again showed me the same error code and the same message quot Windows could not search for new updates quot So it seems Windows still doesn't update no matter that i don't receive the error message on my taskbar anymore I asked for help also on Microsoft Community forum but didn't receive help Now I am really out of ideas what to do Today I used again the System Update Readiness Tool and the CheckSur file showed this Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store Summary Seconds executed Found errors CBS Registry Error Total count ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So it seems these registry errors are the reason why my pc can't check for updates Does anybody know how to fix these errors

A:Windows Update error code 80070490 and message "Windows can't check for updates"

Have you run a full scan with Malwarebytes and your anti-virus to make sure that's not an issue?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301403-windows-update-error-code-80070490-message-windows-cant-check-updates.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi this is my Installation update error could registry not "Windows data" first Installation error "Windows could not update registry data" post but I have found tons of help on this forum before My problem is that while installing windows the error quot windows could not update registry data in the installation quot keeps poping up during the quot Installing updates quot step right after the quot Installing feature quot is completed I downloaded Installation error "Windows could not update registry data" the several iso from this and this webpages Also tried USB and DVD at X speed Found great help on the SSD HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation and Clean Install Windows guides I follow them every time I try an installation But doesn't matter what I do the error quot windows could not update registry data in the Installation error "Windows could not update registry data" installation quot keeps poping up Since I have to keep using the laptop for work I installed Ubuntu to finish some projects worked fine for over a month no problems but now I have some days off and I want to fix this Other things I have tried that didn't worked Using only Ram slot Make sure that the HDD is first in boot priority Install Win XP Iso without ei cfg I'm running a Dell XPS Studio L x laptop so no RAID Thank in advance to anyone that can help me PD I apologies for any misspell or error of any kind English is not my first language D

A:Installation error "Windows could not update registry data"

If you haven't wiped the HD yet then run your Dell Diagnostics to check hardware condition: Dell Diagnostics Utility - How to Run the

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup to enable Legacy BIOS if present. Next check BIOS Boot order for an EFI Boot Disk and if present remove it, set DVD drive first to boot, HD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/270390-installation-error-windows-could-not-update-registry-data.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hello Recently many computers on our network are unable to search for new updates We keep getting error code F and it says quot Windows Update encountered an unknown error quot We use Trend Micro Antivirus SP and do not have the Firewall enabled I've already tried disabling it as well as adding the Windows Update URL's an 8024402F encountered Update "Windows error." unknown to the "Windows Update encountered an unknown error." 8024402F URL Filter but no change I sent a ping to update microsoft com and they all timed out so I'm sure that has something to do with it I am not quite sure how to handle this and they were all working just a few weeks ago I've already tried the FixIt solution and resetting the Windows Update components Here is a part from the WindowsUpdate log file - - c AU Triggering AU detection through DetectNow API - - c AU Triggering Online detection interactive - - d c AU - - d c AU START AU Search for updates - - d c AU - - d c AU lt lt SUBMITTED AU Search for updates CallId B F - FA - B - EBC-CEEAFEFEB - - af Agent - - af Agent START Agent Finding updates CallerId AutomaticUpdates - - af Agent - - af Agent Online Yes Ignore download priority No - - af Agent Criteria quot IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' or IsPresent and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Installation' and RebootRequired or IsInstalled and DeploymentAction 'Uninstallation' and RebootRequired quot - - af Agent ServiceID F B -E - B -B - A BC C Windows Update - - af Agent Search Scope Machine - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v v wuredir cab error x - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Agent Downloading new auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d at http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp SendRequestToServerForFileInformation failed with x - - af Misc WARNING WinHttp ShouldFileBeDownloaded failed with x - - af Misc WARNING DownloadFileInternal failed for http download windowsupdate com v ir muauth cab error x - - af Agent WARNING Failed to download auth cab for service f -a - - - a d efe d from http download windowsupdate com v dir muauth cab hr X - - af Agent FATAL Caller Default Service Recovery failed to opt in to service f -a - - - a d efe d hr X - - af Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate - - af Setup Client version Core Aux - - af Misc Validating signature for C Windows SoftwareDistribution WuRedir F B -E - B -B - A BC C muv wuredir cab - - af Misc Microsoft signed Yes - - af Misc WA... Read more

A:"Windows Update encountered an unknown error." 8024402F

I note the date on this report is from a while ago - or your clock is off.
Check that the time/date/region on the affected machines is correct before doing anything else

(All MS server have PING response turned off by default - ignore that)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/218140-windows-update-encountered-unknown-error-8024402f.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hello can someone here please kindly help me with my problems re Windows Update --- I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message Attachment I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows from quot Windows Update Error running" not Windows "Service is Win7 Update - Cannot Check For Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running" Updates quot error message when you try to install updates and got this as a result Attachment showing that quot Problems installing recent updates quot is quot Not fixed quot and quot Check for missing or corrupt files quot is quot Detected quot while all the other problems are quot Fixed quot I have downloaded and tried to run the System Update Rediness Tool for quot All supported x -based versions of Windows quot and got the error message quot Installer encountered an error xc quot Attachment I have followed your posting instructions and performed and completed SFC scan Attachment and below is the CBS file from my computer Attachment It seems that my computer is missing Windows Service Pack but when I go to Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows it reccommends automatic installation of SP with Windows Update - which I can't seem to get running on my computer It seems that you can also download from Microsoft site and manually install onto your computer but I am not sure if I should proceed to do that Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running"

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place file into your desktop

Place a check mark next to the following options
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296477-win7-windows-update-error-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 117.8%

I have Win 7 ultimate. For the past few months my computer tries to download the updates and install them automatically, but it does not complete them. I get the error message as above and informs "Reverting the changes". What does this mean and how to fix this problem ?
Thanks for the help.

A:Error Message "Failure configuring Windows update"

Hi there, Welcome to Seven Forums!

Please try downloading and installing the KB2647753 update: Download

Once install you may have to reboot once rebooted try checking for Windows updates.

Let us know how you get on,

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/272393-error-message-failure-configuring-windows-update.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi --

I just migrated to a new hard drive and did a clean install of Win7 (did not have SP1 on the DVD).

During the Updating process, windows stopped working and I received an error, something about running Update again, etc. So I rebooted and finished the Upgrading process...no further problems noted.

However, I view the "Installed Updates" and see that KB2604114 and about 20 other updates "FAILED." But when I view the "Update History," it lists KB2604114 and the others as "installed."

I'm confused. Are the updates I'm referring to "FAILED" or are they properly installed?

Thanks!

A:Win7 - "View Update History" vs. "Installed Update"

In your description, you might have switched the observations.

"History" is a log that tracks attempts at installing specific updates. One user might have multiple failed attempts for a particular update; or multiple successful attempts if one was looking for a source of a problem.

"Installed updates" records the last successful installation of a specific update; no timestamp, just the date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247462-win7-view-update-history-vs-installed-update.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Dear rescue error working. Windows options update not 7 80070002, "usual" Forum the windows update service on my laptop only returns error It seems to be a common problem for a lot of people however most of the standard steps to take do not seem to work for my machine CHKDSK is ok sfc scannow however refuses to work Even with admin privileges Windows 7 update error 80070002, "usual" rescue options not working. it says that quot resource protection quot wont allow it to run If started from windows recovery mode sfc claims that there is another operation pending and a reboot is needed first Needless to say this other operation is stuck in limbo All other methods of manually deleting reseting the update logs including the bat from this website have failed Even returning to a Windows 7 update error 80070002, "usual" rescue options not working. system restore point brought no change The last known update to work was for net framework I'm not sure where to go from here since i figure my attempts might have already made the situation worse Had to use a third party filesharing provider Logs zip

A:Windows 7 update error 80070002, "usual" rescue options not working.

Please post the requested files anyhow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372132-windows-7-update-error-80070002-usual-rescue-options-not-working.html
Relevancy 117.8%

Hi,
for half a year Windows Update doesn't find any updates on my system, I had to install them manually. I set up the system new, same problem. I installed about 170 updates manually (silent batch installation). Automatic Windows Update still searches for a
day and more, doesn't find anything and the Windows Update Service is blocking the system with constant processor usage of 50%. Now there is a rollup that shall fix this problem but it cannot be installed. I tried to install it manually. Error 2149842967 "This
update is not compatible with your computer" (translated from German). It is the correct msu-file for my system Windows 7 SP1 Professional 64 bit.
What may be the problem and what can I do to resolve it?
Thank you in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/71e58b4b-9409-47cf-a210-016b83739f5a/windows-update-rollup-kb3161608-error-2149842967-quotnot-compatible-with-your-computerquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 117.18%

Hello I had Windows Update automatic checking for updates Windows are date" available up Update ..." "There updates - "Windows to no is disabled with the necessary services for Windows update enabled The last update was Windows Update "Windows is up to date" - "There are no updates available ..." sometime back in February of After manually activating Windows Update Windows Windows Update "Windows is up to date" - "There are no updates available ..." Update was still running after minutes I then quit Windows Update and was going to wait till a later time to activate again However after running some system cleaners I tried to activate Windows Update which produced an error message IIRC the error message indicated a program and parameter was required to run Windows Update Current Windows Vista WindowsUpdateagent Version is Vista x Quite a while back I manually fixed Windows Update after it stopped working and has been working correctly up to now This time instead of a manual fix I tried to use MS fix-it program However MS's current link to download the Fix-it program is not an exe file but a cab file uncertain why MS currently has a link to a cab file instead of an exe file Anyway instead of attempting a manual fix I found a MS windows update agent installation for Vista -Bit After re-installation using the Windows Vista x windowsupdate exe file version xxx Windows Update now displays a window with options stating that quot Windows is up to date quot quot There are no updates available for your computer quot If I select quot Check for Updates quot Windows Update continually runs for over mins without any results I was thinking of allowing Windows Update to run for up to several hours to see if there are any results At this point I'm not certain if Windows Update is working as it should or if something is messed up with it's installation There is another windowsupdate agent available online with a different filename for Windows Vista x quot WindowsUpdateAgent -x exe quot Which is version whereas the one I used has a different filename WindowsUpdateAgent- -x exe which should be version MS Fix-it link downloads a non-executable file quot WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab quot so there's not diagnostic exe file to run So is my Windows Vista x installation up to date Windows Update message of quot Windows is up to date quot - quot There are no updates available for your computer quot is correct

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/304614-windows-update-windows-up-date-there-no-updates-available.html
Relevancy 117.18%

Long story short Ive been attempting to install Games for Windows Live however everything I have encountered so far has led me here to ask for the help of others You see I am running windows home premium bit and when I attempt to update windows its states that quot Windows update service is not running please restart quot I have restarted and the Error" Not Windows Running update "Service 7 problem has persisted and I am nearly at witts end I have checked service to see if the problem lies there Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error" but it doesn't even show up Trust me I have tried everything I could find and even followed the instructions posted here in the guidelines Windows Update Posting Instructions As I proceeded to run the readiness tool the program stopped and gave me this error from the Windows Update Standalone Installer quot Installer encounteered and error x The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot Which was to be expected seeing as it is not running under the services and several other things I tried gave me this error

A:Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error"

try the following link; hopefully it will help ya out. If it doesnt then post here again and i will see what else i can do.
Error 0x80070424 ocurs when you use Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Firewall

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319215-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

I went to try to run some updates since I have not done so in a little while, and I kept getting an error saying "Service not running". I tried the microsoft fit program, but that did not work. Upon further investigation I found that most of the update files (the .dll) were no longer on my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Update "Service Not Running" Error

Got the same error this morning on my netbook.
Do these: Cannot Run Windows Update on a Windows 7 PC? - Help Desk Geek

And tell if it helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289541-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

Hi all,

I have a SONY VGN-SZ740N and I installed windows 7 32-bit.
When I want install VAIO? Launcher Software, says "This update can only run on Microsoft windows vista".
But I downloaded VAIO? Launcher Software for windows 7 32-bit.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks & best regards,
Nima

A:"This update can only run on Microsoft windows vista" error

try rightclicking on the program >> properties >> compatibility tab >> try running it in one of the vista modes

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/98108-update-can-only-run-microsoft-windows-vista-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

Windows Update trying to install KB2976627, continually receiving error that I do not have enough disk space remaining to install the update. My OS Drive has 75 GB Remaining. Does anybody have any idea what causes this problem and how to remedy it?

A:Windows Update error, "not enough disk space..."

Time to do a Cleanup of your system:
Windows Update Cleanup in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52642-windows-update-error-not-enough-disk-space.html
Relevancy 117.18%

I am running windows 7 home premium. Windows update says the service is not running, please restart. I have restarted and the problem has persisted for over a few weeks. I have checked sevices to see if it is stopped. The windows update service doesent even show up.... Is there a way the files could have been deleted? if so how do i recover them? any help would be greatly apreciated!

A:Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error"

Click on the start orb and enter services.msc

Attachesd is a snapshot of what the service should look like when it's running:

And here's a link to an MS KB Article that has a Fix-It:

Error: Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates, Because The Service Is Not Running

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/262768-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

Hi group I tried so many things already and followed loads of advice from around the net But no solution so far The problem is that Windows update won't install updates it gives error Code The updates it errors on are KB KB KB One other update keeps reinstalling on every reboot number KB I tried so far standalone installation of failing updates sfc scannowsystem update readiness toolMicrosoftFixit msiMicrosoftFixit msiantivirus and malware software find nothing amiss tried installing updates and fixes with firewall off update windows "loop" and 80070490 error antivirus off etc I am getting to the end of what i can do here how to preceed windows update error 80070490 and "loop" I will attach the checksur hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction thanks in advance Moosey Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist f windows update error 80070490 and "loop" CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Package for KB bf ad e x Package for KB client bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Package for KB bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Package Missing x Package for KB bf ad e x Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist Checking Component Watchlist f CBS Watchlist Component Missing x x microsoft-windows-wab-core bf ad e none fd f Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist f CBS Watchlist Component Missing x x microsoft-windows-wab-core bf ad e none fd f Package for KB bf ad e x Package registry presence failed possibly an orphaned package on package watchlist Checking Packages f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB client bf ad e x failed to get CurrentState f CBS Registry Error x Package for KB client bf ad e x failed to get Visibility Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x mshtml tlb x microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering bf ad e none f e c ffb c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count CBS Registry Error Total count CBS Watchlist Package Missing Total count CBS Watchlist Component Missing Total count

A:windows update error 80070490 and "loop"

Hello, check this out : Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/294645-windows-update-error-80070490-loop.html
Relevancy 117.18%

Hi, I have seen searching for a long time to resolve my issue regarding windows update. Recently i formatted my hard drive. Upon installation of some software my windows update stopped working. Getting an error message "Service Not Running". I tried to fix using microsoft's "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic" software. It detected some errors and said resolved after fixing(except missing files).
I am unable to upload the log report as per posting instructions. Says "access denied" when i try to copy CBS folder.

Help will be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Update "Service Not Running" Error

OK, this isn't a fix, but it's the next steps I would take because I see no one's replied to your post or mine yet. Maybe one noob can help another.

Click Start, right-click Computer, click Manage, Services and Applications, then click Services.
Scroll down to find Windows Update and double-click it.

I presume the "Service Status" is "stopped"? What's the Startup Type set at? I think it should be Automatic (Delayed Start).
If you click the Start button for the service, what happens?
That might (hopefully!) shed a little more light on your problem.
Greg

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300140-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

Hi there!
I've been getting this message every time I tried to do an updates;

"Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer. on Windows 7 when checking for updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I've "cleaned" up for some malware or viruses beforehand. So..I don't know why it's still not working.

Thank you in advance

Relevancy 117.18%

Hi all,

I have visited the Windows/Microsoft Updates site and i was prompeted to download a "critical" update for IE7 (KB947864). However i have tried installing this update 5 times and each time i get the same error message (0x8007F0F1). Windows keeps trying to install it everytime i shutdown my computer but it fails every time.

Is anyone aware of this issue, I have the latest release of XP SP3 v5512

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Aaron

A:[SOLVED] Windows Update error "0x8007F0F1"

Hello and welcome to TSF

That error message means : Files from the package are incompatible with files on your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/solved-windows-update-error-and-quot-0x8007f0f1-and-quot-244951.html
Relevancy 117.18%

My problem is identical to kpk13's posted 1 week ago, but the solution that worked for him doesn't work for me. I'm trying to run Windows update on a Windows 7 laptop I haven't used in a while, and get the message "Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running." However, both "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" and "Windows Update" services are running, as detailed in "Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates" error message when you try to install updates". The app in .../971058 claims to have fixed the problem but I still have it. Any suggestions?

A:Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355206-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

I am running windows home premium When I click quot Check for updates quot on Windows Update I get this error quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot However the services are running well started not sure if Not Running" Update Error Windows "Service that's different see attached I've tried restarting my computer several times and running the fix here quot Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates quot error message when you try to install updates I've tried manually Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error starting the service but get this error Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt net start bits Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error The requested service has Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt net start wuauserv The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt It looks like there was a solution here Windows update quot Service Not Running Error quot but it's been removed by the poster Any suggestions PLEASE

A:Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error

Found my answer here:Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running"

Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on in type CMD . Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

Input the commands one at a time and press [ENTER] after each command

Net stop wuauserv press [ENTER]
cd %systemroot% press [ENTER]
Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old press [ENTER]
Net start wuauserv press [ENTER]

Try to run Windows Update again

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/353973-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 117.18%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 116.25%

Hi there,
Can someone please help to shed some light on this, or possibly fix this issue?
I've been trying for ages to get my parents computer to download and install updates.
It's running 7 Home Premium 64 bit with SP1.
The Windows Update page shows that Windows could not search for updates, which resulted in the error 8007370B
The link on that page to get help for this error has no results.
The system update readiness tool failed to fix the issue
sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt results in the error message
Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
I also tried to force WSUS offline updates, but ended up having to remove the temp admin account and cancel the updates when that failed.

log files attached:
Attachment 362134

A:Failed updates "WindowsUpdate_8007370B" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

Your first run of CheckSUR found a fair number of errors, and managed to fix them, mostly - but to remain until now...

Code:
Checking Component Store
(f) CSI Payload File Missing 0x00000000 _isdel.exe wow64_microsoft-windows-i..llshield-wow64-main_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_ca61f601a4548b8e
(f) CSI Corrupt Identity 0xC0150017 c64c420f5864b56f41d74a09d3a4941a, Culture=neutral, Version=6.1.7601.18283, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=amd64, versyo~Scope=NonSxS c64c420f586..a09d3a4941a_31bf3856ad364e35_6>1.7601.18283_b5294749e54eed83 Bad identity

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372395-failed-updates-windowsupdate_8007370b-windowsupdate_dt000.html
Relevancy 116.25%

I am hoping that someone can help me with what may be a complex question I have a spreadsheet similar Microsoft Solved: Values On Excel 2007 Spots Cell "Hot" Creating And "Cold" In Based to the demonstration file I have attached In it there are a range of columns One set of columns A - Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 D shows a list of numbers that are references to items in a store and it also shows their location in the store so it acts as a floor-plan The next column E lists those items again to show the dollar amount that those items have produced in total sales F So what I d like to do is to add a conditional formatting to show me the quot cold quot and quot hot quot spots on the floor-plan so I can see where sales are most concentrated I would assume that this would be done with a colour scale using the range of values in column F to work itself out Either way the figures in column F would change Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 weekly so the relevant cells in columns A - D would need to automatically change when Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 they re matching cells in column E - F change I hope this makes sense as it s difficult to explain but any help that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-cell-cold-and-hot-spots-based-on-values-in-microsoft-excel-2007.929647/
Relevancy 116.25%

Hi there!
I've been getting this message every time I tried to do an updates;

"Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.? on Windows 7 when checking for updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, I've "cleaned" up for some malware or viruses beforehand. So..I don't know why it's still not working.

Thank you in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-update-cannot-connect-error.203116/
Relevancy 116.25%

"WindowsUpdate_80244019" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
While attempting to update its showing this error in build 7000...What should I do to solve this...
Thanx in Advance

A:Windows 7 Update error "WindowsUpdate_80244019"

The update 80244019 error is:
The 404 or Not Found error message is a HTTP standard response code indicating that the client was able to communicate with the server but the server could not find what was requested. 404 errors should not be confused with "server not found" or similar errors, in which a connection to the destination server could not be made at all.

It says that Windows Update was able to communicate with the Windows Update server - but it could not find what it was looking for.

My first suggestion would be to try again. If that doesn't work, then we'll have to try some of the Windows Update fixes that are floating around the web.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11754-windows-7-update-error-windowsupdate_80244019-a.html
Relevancy 116.25%

I keep getting the Windows 7 "failure configuring windows updates Reverting Changes"

and error code in updates Windows 7 (KB976932) Update SP1 error "80070005"

I thought I tried all the fixes, but see it may be a fix I haven't done properly.

Any help is appreciated.

I've run Microsoft fix it, ckdsk, disabled firewall and antivirus, clean boot,

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz
Motherboard: Gateway
BIOS Version 89.22
Memory: 3.00 GB
HDD: (1) WDC WD5000BPVT-00HXZT3 ATA Device (2) Generic- Multi-Card USB Device
Sound Card: High Definition Audio Device
Graphics Card: (1) Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (2) Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 7600 Multiprocessor Free

A:Windows 7 Update SP1 error "80070005"

See if this helps any. "Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when you try to install Windows updates

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/347870-windows-7-update-sp1-error-80070005-a.html
Relevancy 116.25%

Hi was installing aHP deskjet380 all in one, and windows update popped up with an update. which failed."WindowsUpdate_800F020B""WindowsUpdate_dt000" did some searching with no results.Let me say this is the second time installing the software but the first time I never got an update notice.did check Compatability for vista 64bit, it does work just not all FunctionsRunning Windows 7 RC 64BitDell 670Intel Xeon CPU 3.00GHz 2.99GHz 2 ProcessorsRam 3.00GBATI 1650 Pro PCIe 512Mb4 Hard Drives

A:Windows update error "WindowsUpdate_800F020B"

Johnny,This just happened to me on the 64bit also, but I just hit the 'Try again' link and it worked the second time... Can you try that and let us know?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1f3a70f4-dfea-45a6-8373-faf560e6cf8c/windows-update-error-quotwindowsupdate800f020bquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 116.25%

Hi I have this error 800706A and I am wondering how to fix it.
The update keeps failing :/

I have tried googling this error and I can't find any solutions, it would be nice if you could help!

thankies!

pockypanda

A:Windows update "error 800706A"

Originally Posted by pockypanda

Hi I have this error 800706A and I am wondering how to fix it.
The update keeps failing :/

I have tried googling this error and I can't find any solutions, it would be nice if you could help!

thankies!

pockypanda

Hi,

You're right, it isn't showing anything on google. You sure this is the complete error code? Any more details would help us.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/257397-windows-update-error-800706a.html
Relevancy 115.63%

Okay I have an ATI Radeon on my Windows XP system and one day after my dad had used the computer the D video driver stoppeed working He can t recall doing anything So it goes I think quot whatever quot downloaded the latest Catalyst drivers and try to install it only to get the message quot INF Error Video Driver Not Found quot and then quot Try to set up your adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot I tried googling for info apparently it s a common-ish issue but I never found anything that worked ATI Drivers Error", VGA Installing Driver Catalyst "INF "Missing" I tried uninstalling anything ATI and then installing to no avail I tried uninstalling the error-listed VGA adapter from the Device Manager and then running install which didn t work Rebooting after that also didn t work it popped up with quot New hardware found quot after the "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers reboot but it couldn t find the proper drivers After an unedifying series of adventures I got to http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind which has several drivers for my mobo I first downloaded obviously the VGA "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers driver and tried to run setup Unfortunately after preparing the install an Error message pops up saying quot The system "INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers cannot detect the device please confirm that the device is configured properly and restart the setup program quot I then tried downloading the AGP upgrade installed it but nothing changed I also downloaded the BIOS update since it mentioned a VGA upgrade but I m uncomfortable with upgrading the BIOS if it s possible that that s not the main issue I ve tried using add remove programs to remove any ATI from my computer I ve tried using older drivers I ve tried reinstalling Windows XP on a different Hard Drive Nothing seems to work If this could be solved ASAP that would be lovely as I m going through video game withdrawl here also scrolling in Firefox is all jerky and some videos are jerky when playing Robbie B P s A nearly identical problem came up here http www techspot com vb topic html and no one sorted it out for that guy I hope this goes better nbsp

A:"INF Error", VGA Driver "Missing" Installing ATI Catalyst Drivers

the radeon is not integrated with your motherboard, and the onboard video has probably been disabled in the BIOS. to install the appropriate drivers for an ATI radeon 8500 card you need to download and install the drivers from ati's website. from there you can download the latest version of catalyst and install that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inf-error-vga-driver-missing-installing-ati-catalyst-drivers.55154/
Relevancy 115.63%

Hello Hope someone can assist me with the issue I am having in windows Pro A few days ago my system Automatically updated to Windows Pro v OS Build all went well and seemed to be OK Now to my Problem When I now go to check for updates it does its checking for updates thing then installs any available update but once it has completed this and I click on quot Advanced Options View Update History quot in that all I get is a blank page and all it says is no updates have been installed yet But I know that it has installed windows defender updates because I have seen it download Update Update History" Options/View "Advanced Windows Problem - them and complete the updates I have tried the reset windows update bat file floating around on the forum but all that Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem does is clear everything and still no updates are showing in the list when I go to quot Advanced Options View Update History quot Can anyone please help Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem me get that all back to normal This has only been an issue since this update to Windows Pro v OS Build How do I know that the updates in Defender or anything Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem else for that matter are actually installing seeing that they are not being listed in the quot View Update History quot list Is anyone else having this issue and if so any assistance on how to fix this will be appreciated cheers

A:Windows Update - "Advanced Options/View Update History" Problem

Hello kokakola,

You might see if resetting Windows Update may show the history of what you install afterwards.

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31974-windows-update-advanced-options-view-update-history-problem.html
Relevancy 115.32%

Hi I have a Toshiba r - PT E work laptop It is running Windows x Enterprise It has one GB stick of ram which is PC Windows Windows" getting Laptop "Error or hangs at "Starting 0xC0000225" works fine with this I have obtained a GB stick of ram which is PC With just this one in Windows works fine However if I have BOTH sticks put in the BIOS recognises that there is GB installed but Windows fails to boot It gets stuck at the quot Starting Windows quot screen If I restart it asks me if I want to start windows normally or to run the Windows repair If I try that I get the message quot Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225" Error xc The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible quot I tried using a Windows System Restore disc but that doesnt work If I try either of the sticks in the laptop one at a time then Windows boots up fine Is this just down to the laptop not being compatible with the mixture of speeds I thought that if they were mixed it would just use the lower speed by default So confused

A:Laptop hangs at "Starting Windows" or getting "Error 0xC0000225"

Hello borito, Welcome to SevenForums!

Is this a laptop provided by a company you work for by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331694-laptop-hangs-starting-windows-getting-error-0xc0000225.html
Relevancy 115.01%

Quote Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Download size MB - MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect Update type Recommended Install this update to resolve issues in Windows For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article for more information After you (KB2952664) for for 7 Systems Windows Update x64-based install this item you may have to restart your computer More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com Quote Compatibility update for keeping Windows up-to-date in Windows Introduction Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) This update performs diagnostics on the Windows systems that participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program The diagnostics evaluate compatibility on the Windows ecosystem and help Microsoft to ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows There is no GWX or upgrade functionality contained in this update Is this optional update good to install I hid this update when it had the GWX feature Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401540-update-windows-7-x64-based-systems-kb2952664.html
Relevancy 115.01%

Anyone have this?

Just received this, this morning. Checked my installed updates and it shows successful install on 2/10/15. Haven't run updates cleanup since early January.

Should I install or hide it?

A:Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664)?

It's an updated version of the Compatibility module - it'll reappear next time it's updated (like Bing used to) if you hide it now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365230-update-windows-7-x64-based-systems-kb2952664.html
Relevancy 115.01%

Recently my computer is giving error messages for exe tasks I counted over twenty upon start ups and after The exact messages read quot Google Update exe or other task names - Bad Image quot quot The application or DLL quot C PROGRA Google GOOGLE GOEC DLL is not a valid Windows image Please check "not & image" a "Google Update.exe Bad Windows Image" valid - this against your installation diskette quot My Operating System is Windows XP I did a HijackThis scan as follows and thank you for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device "Google Update.exe - Bad Image" & "not a valid Windows image" Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files RegCure RegCure exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmgr exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware Pareto AS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Sierra Imaging Image Expert IXApplet exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbmbmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http home peoplepc com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - C -B C - - D-B AD E D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - FBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec In... Read more

A:"Google Update.exe - Bad Image" & "not a valid Windows image"

Bump.

I see on the HijackThis log, line 020 is the line that I'm getting on the error messages regarding bad image. So now, my husband uninstalled the Google download he did before and also uninstalled the folders with Google in them. The result is that the "Bad Image" pop-up messages have ceased, but I don't know if that's all we need to do.

I did another HijackThis log, which follows:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:10:56 PM, on 10/3/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\RegCure\RegCure.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1195317500\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.0.0.136\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\PSIService.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Engine\17.0.0.136\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\TFEngine\TFService.exe
C:\WINDOWS2\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\Update.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://home.peoplepc.com/search
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: IAOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\aoltb.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - 731C719-B8C5-4282-993D-B5AD0E77531D} - (no file)
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - FBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/google-update-exe-bad-image-not-a-valid-windows-image.864567/
Relevancy 114.7%

Rebooted after a security update get the st white windows screen with the blue line going across go to the next blue screen and stays there it will boot in safe mode only Can t do a windows update "security down after update" 3 Win2k systems in safe mode get quot files damaged quot or something Tech support said to try running scannow 3 Win2k systems down after "security update" it didn t work I booted to the nd partition ran Ok 3 Win2k systems down after "security update" then got quot downloading security update quot Didn t unplug the cable in time It went south on reboot Security updates in add remove programs didn t show any new additions in safe mode The standby computer did the samething all have win k professional Tried deleating the last updates and using the last good configuration Seems all the bases were covered on this one Using Kaspersky antivirus I reinstalled of the systems so far and they took all the updates OK I set the programs to save data to another drive so I mainly lost time Only good thing is the system is running a lot faster with all the crap cleared out I still have one system unrepaired if anyone has any ideas Microsoft update support denies hearing of any viruses like this They quit answering my emails THREE SYSTEMS DOWN IN ONE DAY Stange Anyone else nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-win2k-systems-down-after-security-update.766993/
Relevancy 114.39%

The message "Working on updates 12%" has been hanging on the screen for the last 12 hours on my desktop pc.

I had the same problem, though at a different point in the update process, with my laptop.

I had to abandon the update on my laptop and reinstall.

Do I have to go through all that a gain with my Desktop?

I'm very frustrated and thinking of reverting to Windows 7.

Does anyone have some suggestions to correct the stalled update procedure.

Many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64766-windows-10-update-update-screen-message-working-updates-12-a.html
Relevancy 114.39%

Hi everyone....

the latest Windows update "2014 time zone update for Russia "....KB2998527 was released 9/23/2014.

It it necessary for those of us who live in the US to install this update?
I have become very cautious about installing Windows updates since the problems the the early August Windows updates have caused.

thank you...

Joe

A:Windows update "2014 time zone update for Russia "

I hope it isn't necessary since I hid it because of the problems the last Russian update caused (I hid that one, too).

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/346869-windows-update-2014-time-zone-update-russia.html
Relevancy 114.39%

Can anybody help me with this. I thought I solved the problem switching to a local account after first occurrence of this after a lone update a few days ago. It has done it again with local account. Please help me fix!

TIA Mark

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45374-laptop-starting-limited-account-after-last-update-windows-update.html
Relevancy 112.53%

Hello I've scanned my laptop with SFC four times in this past week and each scan ended with the same failure to repair specific files files SFC member "mstscax.mof" fails to "mstsc.mof" repair and corrupt I'm uncertain how to proceed with these corrupted files I followed the instructions in the SFC SCANNOW tutorial I installed the System Update Readiness Tool CheckSUR in attachments after running SFC three times and it managed to find and fix some sort of error However the results seem to be the same in the new SFC scan logs I also tried obtaining a iso of Windows home premium from Microsoft's website Access Denied to run a repair install but it will not accept my product key due to it being a pre-installation provided by Samsung I do SFC fails to repair corrupt member files "mstsc.mof" and "mstscax.mof" not have a Windows installation disc so I cannot manually replace them like the tutorial suggests Also I don't know if this is relevant or not but I ran the WindowsUpdateDiagnostic diagcab SFC fails to repair corrupt member files "mstsc.mof" and "mstscax.mof" troubleshooter several times as well dism txt is in attachments Every single time it says that two problems were found Problems installing recent updates Not fixed SFC fails to repair corrupt member files "mstsc.mof" and "mstscax.mof" Service registration is missing or corrupt Fixed Additionally I've recently noticed that my free hard drive space has been decreasing rapidly In the past two days it has decreased by or GB despite not downloading or installing anything Is this related to my current problem with the corrupted files or something else I don't know how to find what's eating up my storage space Any advice is appreciated Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401317-sfc-fails-repair-corrupt-member-files-mstsc-mof-mstscax-mof.html
Relevancy 112.53%

quot dependency chain quot quot windows quot internet quot windows explorer quot At the time of this writing this search in Google will produce one result at best Am I searching the wrong things I have tried a couple handfuls of variants and "dependency 7" chain" internet "windows explorer" "windows I am coming up with zilch Though I am fairly well versed in Windows from working on other people's machines I decided to stick with good old XP because of one issue above "dependency chain" "windows 7" internet "windows explorer" all else When I instructed my firewall to block Windows Explorer from accessing the Internet it completely cut me off from the Internet no ifs ands or buts My understanding of why this is happened leads me to believe the dependency chain for Internet access goes through Windows Explorer I have long had a habit of blocking my File Manager of choice access to the Internet because well it's a file manager Admittedly my one experience with Windows on my own machine was a retired student version of Server R but as soon as I found out that was the case I decided not to make the move to Windows and went back to my XP installation I believe I was using Sunbelt Personal Firewall at the time I now use PCTools Free Firewall Is this still the case with Windows Is there a workaround if it is I haven't tried to recreate this on another person's machine KronKyrios

A:"dependency chain" "windows 7" internet "windows explorer"

Hi KronKyrios, welcome to 7F!

I did find some very old information that may shed some light:
http://www.pctools.com/forum/showthread.php?17198-explorer.exe-(W98)&p=58079#post58079

"Launch Browser Windows in a Separate Process" Setting Is Not Available in Internet Explorer 5.01 or Internet Explorer 5.5

You can go into Services and check:
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Network Connections
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Windows Management Instrumentation

R-click on each one, then Properties, then the Dependencies Tab.
You would have to cross check each one that is listed.

Here is a good list to help you: Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Service Configurations

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/206824-dependency-chain-windows-7-internet-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 111.6%

Another question/puzzle. Windows 8.1 Enterprise.

I clean installed W8.1 three days ago, and the first thing I did was bring it up to date with all the offered updates. All installed successfully and I thought no more of it. At some point after this I made a system image backup, which today I have restored to. When I now look at the "classic" windows update screen it says I have never checked for updates and none are installed. Forcing a check for updates brings only two up as can be seen in the pictures. If I go to "view installed updates" then there is a lot of stuff in there, whih I assume could be the previously installed original batch.
I'm guessing this is normal behaviour but it seems slightly odd (the on screen messages at least)

A:No update history says "never checked" & "never installed"

Not odd... Considering that is a "clean install"(albeit with integrated updates) - thus no update history (file) exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47960-no-update-history-says-never-checked-never-installed.html
Relevancy 111.6%

I recently updated my PC to windows 10. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then it stopped booting. I started it regularly, and it showed the HP logo with the spinning circle, but then it just loaded into a flashing grey and black screen. Booting it in safe mode only got me a blue screen error, with the 0xc000021a error. I've looked pretty much everywhere, and I can't find a fix that works. Sfc scans stop at 100% verification and say "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation." I tried "CHKDSK C: /R, but it found no errors. Any other fixes seemed to require launching windows for downloads / file access, and I can't appear to do that. Any help would be much appreciated, so thank you to anyone who replies!

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/windows-10-fails-boot-quot0xc000021aquot-error-4604550/
Relevancy 111.29%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 111.29%

hi i m new here nice to meet all of you just like a lot of folks i m sure i ve come here because there are some weird things running on and "winsilly" disk" "win956temp" "windows no my pc that shouldnt be in there please help heres the hijack log thanks in advance i don t know much about this computer virus stuff eric Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Dantz Retrospect retrorun exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update "windows no disk" and "winsilly" "win956temp" OB realsched exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online ConnMgr cmisrv exe C Program Files Windows Media Components Encoder Wmencagt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C Program Files Common Files Verizon Online AppMgr vzOpenUIServer exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files MotiveBrowser MotiveBrowser exe C Documents and Settings Wave Computer Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com SEENUS SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http lvboard arcynic net index php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO no name - B F FDF- - BF-B D- F C FE - C WINDOWS system admparsek dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO no name - A F C C- A - DB - AF -B E D - C WINDOWS compstuih dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run A Verizon App C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU VERIZO EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO HELPSU SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run SsAAD exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run googletalk quot C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe quot autostart O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Pro... Read more

Relevancy 110.98%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 110.67%

I've tried frequently documented solution regarding FsDepends where
changing the start reg key from a value of 3 to 0.... doesn't work as this is a common symptom to a different problem.

When using partdisk or the disk management gui I get the error message: "A virtual disk support provider for the specified file was not found"
eg partdisk select vdisk file=c:\my.vdh
There are some statements that some Intel Management Control Software might be knobbing this feature... does anybody know what this installation is doing so that the process can be reversed?
Any other suggestions?
Cheers
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/81768fc4-bddf-48bb-b65e-f2fd95194605/windows-7-fails-to-mount-vhd-error-message-quot-a-virtual-disk-support-provider-for-the-specified?forum=w7itprovirt
Relevancy 110.67%

Of late, the windows update fails repeatedly and this is the recent message. What is the solution.

A:WindowsUpdate_80072EE2 "WindowsUpdate_dt000" for Windows 7

Hi,

I suggest you check this:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80072ee2
Also follow the instruction in the below listed KB link.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/24d9f178-878e-42ee-913d-17ad8ece2ca6/windowsupdate80072ee2-quotwindowsupdatedt000quot-for-windows-7?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 109.74%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 109.74%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 109.74%

My computer that had been running the Microsoft Windows Vista in Become Windows Unusable 2016, January Gradually Home - "Windows During Has Microsoft Premium... Period August Update" the Vista Home Premium since early had become an appliance nbsp It worked every time it was turned on and it handled every network transaction that came through my DSL line nbsp I had set the quot Windows Update quot program to check for updates periodically every month "Windows Update" Has Become Unusable Gradually During the Period January - August 2016, in Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium... or so and then to inform me when ever any update was available nbsp I could tell when the quot Windows Update quot program had been checking for updates as the CPU usage went up to percent with the used memory amount quot sawtoothed quot up and down for about to minutes nbsp nbsp The quot Windows Update quot then would tell me about the available updates and it would ask whether it should load any of those nbsp This nbsp worked until about January nbsp At that time the quot Windows Update quot CPU usage would stay at percent for more than an hour nbsp After that it gradually got worse nbsp Around June it held the CPU at percent usage for about hours nbsp In August the CPU is held at percent usage by the quot Windows Update quot for more than hours with no end in sight nbsp "Windows Update" Has Become Unusable Gradually During the Period January - August 2016, in Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium... It did find some updates to load but it would not load them as the CPU had no time to do that nbsp quot Windows Update quot is currently holding the CPU at percent load nbsp this every time the machine is booted up until all of the updates are loaded and it can not do this as the CPU load prevents the updates from loading in and from installing nbsp It is in an essentially quot infinite loop quot doing probably utterly nothing other than holding the CPU up at percent usage nbsp I have noted that it starts to hold the CPU up in about to minutes after a reboot The only quot quick quot solution to the problem at this time is to tell the quot Windows Update quot never to check for updates and reboot the machine nbsp nbsp That freed the CPU from the burden nbsp I am looking into the cause of this as time permits and I will post what I have found out -- Yekta

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c81d5d50-6998-410a-9251-110bcd47d312/quotwindows-updatequot-has-become-unusable-gradually-during-the-period-january-august-2016-in?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 109.74%

My Windows Update history is filled with failed Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro entries. They seem to date to each time I start up my computer. Here is an example.

Quote:

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Installation date: ‎8/‎22/‎2015 7:44 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80240020

Update type: Important

Install the next version of Windows.

More information:
Help with upgrading to Windows 10 - Windows Help

Help and Support:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=507417

I am stalling on upgrading until Windows 10 for a couple more months, so how do I get Windows to stop doing this?

A:Windows Update history is filled with tons of failed "Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro" entr

Open Windows Update and let it Check for updates. Right click the Windows 10 Update and Hide it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-update-history-is-filled-with-tons-of-failed-upgrade-to-windows-10-pro-entr-1036713.html
Relevancy 109.74%

First actual "system" update i seen on Windows update!

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB974332)
Download size: 1.7 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Recommended
Install this update to resolve issues with non-compatible applications for Windows 7. For complete details of this update, see Knowledge Base Article KB974332. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information:
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Application Compatibility Update
Help and Support:
Microsoft Help and Support

Yay

Not that i see the need for updates, the OS runs fine for me

A:First actual "system" update i seen on Windows update

Quote: Originally Posted by ussj4brolli

First actual "system" update i seen on Windows update!

Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB974332)
Download size: 1.7 MB
You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
Update type: Recommended
Install this update to resolve issues with non-compatible applications for Windows 7. For complete details of this update, see Knowledge Base Article KB974332. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.
More information:
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Application Compatibility Update
Help and Support:
Microsoft Help and Support

Yay

Not that i see the need for updates, the OS runs fine for me

Thanks for the info, anyone notice any problems with this update before I install? Thanks
I have build 7600 Ultimate 64 bit installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/25995-first-actual-system-update-i-seen-windows-update.html
Relevancy 109.43%

I've done everything I was supposed to do except I Multiple and calls or eTriust win32/clspring.FH" "!update.exe" pop-ups virus can't make hijack this it's own folder in C P I Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH" don't know why Anyway here is my log I appreciate your time and look forward to your advice Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH" spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH" ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBPoll exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON GHOSTS EXE C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall SymProxySvc exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISSERV EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall IAMAPP EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Browser Mouse mouse a exe C Program Files Netopia C kWEPn exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Muiltmedia keyboard utility KbdAp A exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA SKS rundll exe C Documents and Settings Joel Mixon My Documents s stem l exe C Program Files Roxio GoBack GBTray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Bookshelf Bookshelf qshelf exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Documents and Settings Joel Mixon My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www neopets com portal index phtml R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www neopets com portal index phtml R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - D FA - ED - -F D - A B - C WINDOWS System cknn dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - AA ED ... Read more

A:Multiple pop-ups and virus eTriust calls "!update.exe" or win32/clspring.FH"

You are using an outdated version of HiJackThis. Please click on the link below to download the latest version:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/file...ckthis_sfx.exe

1. Delete your current HiJackThis.exe file
2. Double-click on the file you just downloaded.
3. Click on the "Unzip" button to install the newer version.
4. It will by default install to the directory - C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\

I require your next HJT log to be from this newer version

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/multiple-pop-ups-and-virus-etriust-calls-update-exe-or-win32-clspring-fh-115914.html