Windows Support Forum

Case Number for missing computer

Q: Case Number for missing computer

I was on the phone with HP customer service going around and around for 2 hours. I have a case number for a missing computer, but no one could help me. They could help me buy a computer or fix a computer. No one recognized my Case number but I got the Case number from HP. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Case-Number-for-missing-computer/td-p/5720120
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Case Number for missing computer

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,I just repalaced my motherboard on a Compaq Presario CQ-62 laptop.Unlike my old motherboard (a 592808-001), this one has a HDMI port & a card reader - it is a 592809-001 part number motherboard.I need a bottom for the case now that has cut-outs on the side of the case-bottom for these 2 extra items.Does anyone know that part number?Thanks,Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Case-bottom-part-number-for-Compaq-CQ-62-motherboard-with/td-p/5629987
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Few days ago i uninstalled the IE after the restart the task bar didn't load and i got a message quot iertutil dll not found quot i downloaded the file and paste it in C WINDOWS System I tried to paste it also in C WINDOWS System dllcache but it doesn't exist After that the task bar still doesn't load but i get a different message iertutil.dll explorer.exe e.t.c 681 missing, the number ordinal could not... missing, quot the ordinal could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil dll quot explorer.exe missing, iertutil.dll missing, the ordinal number 681 could not... e.t.c Now i can basically work only from the task manager So far i tried the following and didn't succeed Re-install IE I downloaded the setup file explorer.exe missing, iertutil.dll missing, the ordinal number 681 could not... e.t.c from more than defferent sources and in the explorer.exe missing, iertutil.dll missing, the ordinal number 681 could not... e.t.c prosses to install i get this message quot setup was unable to initialize Please look at the logs C WINDOWS for more info quot Uninstall SP I tried different ways i keep getting a message quot windows could not load the installer for keyboard Please contact your hardware vendor quot Restore to previous point I tried with ways open new task systemroot System restore rstrui exe and safe mode with command prompt C Windows system restore rstrui exe i always get this message quot the ordinal could not be loc quot System File Checker task manager open new task sfc scannow the application opens but it doesn't run i left it there for hours nothing I will appreciate any help GeoX

A:explorer.exe missing, iertutil.dll missing, the ordinal number 681 could not... e.t.c

I have the same problem, I'm going to try the old fashioned way to repair XP with the Windows XP install disk, I'll let you know if it works within a day or two, send me info back if you already know how to fix it please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-exe-missing-iertutil-dll-missing-the-ordinal-number-681-could-not-e-t-c-522093.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Dell Optiplex GX270. When I press the power button, the power button light turns amber, I hear some fans spinning, and the CD drive spinning. However, it never gets to the boot screen (or any screen). If I open the case and press the power button, however, the power button turns green and the computer works fine (loads all the way up and functions like normal). If I close the case after it has started, it continues to run fine. I'm guessing / hoping it's not the mother board or power supply that has directly gone bad... but maybe there is a connection or something? that changes from when it's closed to when it's open. I've heard of something like... the motherboard is shorting out by touching the case... but I'm not really sure where to look for that / how. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

A:Solved: Computer boots fine when case is open, but won't boot when case is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-boots-fine-when-case-is-open-but-wont-boot-when-case-is-closed.832037/
Relevancy 52.89%

hi all ,

i have a desktop

i changed my broken case to a new case like

i removed the HDD and the motherboard and the CD-rom ..etc and installed them to a new case

but when i press the switch button it works normally , and the screen display normally and there are no beeps , but after like 20 second my computer turns off automatically ! ,

what may cause this issue ?

A:i replaced all of my computer components from my broken case to other case

could be overheating CPU. Did you apply fresh Thermal paste to the HSF after reinstalling the motherboard? Is it tight and secure? Did you blow out all the dirt, dust and debris from the fans' fins?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-replaced-all-of-my-computer-components-from-my-broken-case-to-other-case.1104273/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all - first time poster on this forum I have a bust up fairly old Intel Celeron mhz laptop which could do with a new case shell not a bag it needs the equivalent of a new desktop tower but I don t case/processor (Laptop) Model - needed laptop AJP 6133 new number know where to find one I believe this is just a clone of similar laptops made around the same time and the model number is I was wondering if anybody knew somewhere I could purchase replacement shells cases and if they stocked a case for this computer Everything on the laptop works fine except for a dodgy monitor cable which would be fixed by moving everything into the new shell so I (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed don t intend to sell it for parts I m also quite experienced in fiddling with computers my dad s a PC engineer (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed so I ve picked up quite a bit from him and he is willing to help me get this laptop into tip top condition again I was also wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the motherboard and processor At the moment it s (Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed a mhz intel celeron but I d rather go with an AMD athlon of some sort as I believe them to be generally better If anybody knows where I can purchase laptop motherboards to fit certain needs any help there would be gladly appreciated am looking for a socket A motherboard If the upgrade to Athlon is not possible I would like to know what the upgradability of my current motherboard is - I shall be looking inside the laptop within the next few days and can probably provide a number for it I think that with a few adjustments new case new processor more ram and a bigger hard disk I can get this baby up to a high standard rather than forking out a grand on a new PC Thanks for the help Matt nbsp

A:(Laptop) Model number 6133 AJP laptop - new case/processor needed

Howdy and welcome to the Forum.

Have you contacted the Manufacturer regarding replacement parts? That's where I would start.

BUT to be honest, although you do not give all the specs of the PC, I'd be willing to bet that you could replace the whole thing with a new laptop cheaper than replacing parts like case, MOBO, Processor, RAM, and HD !!!

So unless there is some "sentimental value", like the case broke stopping a bullet shot at you by terrorists...I'd shop for a new unit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-model-number-6133-ajp-laptop-new-case-processor-needed.370636/
Relevancy 49.45%

This happens when I try to install the windows vista software
After the recovery disc boots up,
I'm sent to the product key number verification screen
there's one major problem!
Since a windows vista recovery disc was bougth from amazon.com
I can't type the product key number in the box.....
because It wasn't included...
so .,I can't install the windows vista software on my laptop
What can I do?

A:Missing product key number

Hello Ande,

If it was a retail copy of Vista that you bought from the company on Amazon, then it should have a COA sticker or paper in the packaging with the key number on it. If not, I would recommend to contact the company that you bought it from for a replacement that has one. It's real shady if it didn't have a key with it though.

Product Key Number

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295456-missing-product-key-number.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I recently installed a new hard drive onto a comuter with windows xp and now it says that neither of the HD's are there! I set up my c drive (old HD) as my master but nothing has changed. Please help me!!!!!

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello! My laptop is an HP touchscreen and lately I've been getting a weird message whenever I restart my computer that says this:  I know it's a bit blurry and kind of hard to read but that's what it says. I've googled this and this doesn't seem to be a common problem, but it still worries me because I'm not sure whether I should take it in to the store or if I should just leave it alone. It doesn't seem to be affecting my laptop in general, but it's only been happening for like a week so maybe I shouldn't get too hopeful.Anyway my questions are: What is this? Why is this appearing on my laptop? Did I do something wrong or is this something that just kind of happened on its own? And should I take it in to the store or just ignore it? Help me please! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Board-CT-number-missing/td-p/5701289
Relevancy 49.02%

My desktop Bios have Lost serial number(removed content) and model number (A6610T)also lost , I read at internet i get DMI tools and snzero.exe ,
But nothing work for my desktop, One of error show "I2C eeprom not support(Atmel chip)".I also try F10 and ctrl+A also not work on my model.How can i do?,Last time one of my laptop change new motherboard it can use DMI tools .Now i can't use Hp support assistant and update.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Motherboard-serial-number-missing/td-p/5630165
Relevancy 49.02%

May I request you any one to guide me for the following problem.

I have the serial no. from 1 to 60,000 without missing number in one Microsoft excel file . And in other file I have serial no. 1 to 60,000 but it is missing number. How can i merge both the file so that automatically missing number will come out. For find out missing number will MS Access will be used. I don't have any idea on MS Access. Please guide me in detail step by step soon. it is very urgent for me.

Regards,

Nihar Patra

A:Missing number in excel sheet

Do you just want to find out which number is missing or is it something that should happen automatically many times?

For a one-time job, paste the two columns together in a worksheet and for the third column, tell it to calculate A-B. Now scroll down C. The point where the result is no longer a zero is where the A and B columns differ.

(Yes, I know that there are functions that let you compare values etc, but I CBA to look them up)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-number-in-excel-sheet.75160/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello here is my story About two weeks ago Windows Defender notified me about ' Backdoor WinNT Rustock gen ' intrusion on my win XP system I ran a mcafee scan which found five serious errors three were cleaned one couldn't be cleaned at the time and one would be cleaned after restart I restarted several times and now can't access my start button and bottom tool bar figure this is due to no explorer exe option on task manager using ctrl-alt-delete explorer.exe the missing the of case A couple of days later I ran a Malwarebytes scan which removed a bunch of stuff virus malware I bought this computer a few years ago so no disks are available Data pictures word music files looks the case of the missing explorer.exe to be intact here are the requested logs let me know if anything else is needed Thank you in advance for your help DS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gary at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system the case of the missing explorer.exe LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE svchost exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA MOVIEL MOVIEL MOVIEL EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost the case of the missing explorer.exe exe -k imgsvc c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Gary Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE VABIKKI dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www msn com mSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO b c b- cf- c -a c - b a ab - c windows system ddcYpoOI dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO fdd b - d - ffb- - b ad acc - c program files microsoft money system mnyviewer dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB MoneySide d- da- b -a ee- ea f ec b - c program files microsoft money system mnyviewer dll uRun MsnMsgr quot c program files msn messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background uRun DelayShred c progra mcafee mshr shrcl exe p q c docume gary locals tempor content ie ib aj trace sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie ib aj trace sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie y qnqdgt site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie oxi d site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie ncnirw trace sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie qzubk y webres sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie qzubk y site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie yzwbidov site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie oxi d site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie glub site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie yzwbidov site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie vabikki site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie y qnqdgt site l sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie oxi d tpp sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie anylyx t cag fcx sh c docume gary locals tempor content ie vabikki type s sh c docume gary locals tempor content ... Read more

A:the case of the missing explorer.exe

Hi mrsnappy, welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

To make cleaning this machine easierPlease do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
Please do not run any scans other than those requested
Please follow all instructions in the order posted
All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/the-case-of-the-missing-explorer-exe-386167.html
Relevancy 48.59%

It's gone!

But only on my account. Any ideas on how to get it back?

A:The Case of the Missing Taskbar

Click on Start
Settings
Taskbar & Start Menu
Always On Top

See if this works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-case-of-the-missing-taskbar.367617/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum to write in, but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question..

A while back I bought a computer case, and now the side panel is gone, I would like to know if anyone knows where I can get a replacement panel. I don't really want my computer collecting cakes of dust the model number is "606LUNA" and the link from newegg is:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-132-001&depa=0

could anyone help me with this?
btw it is the panel with the fan, I don't really need the fan. I just need the panel. w/ or w/o the fan :]

Thank you,

Jon-Jon

A:Missing Case Panel

Cool case there, anyway did a search in Yahoo!. This is what i got in return.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/partners/microsite.asp?id=C0

Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-case-panel.12311/
Relevancy 48.59%

About a year ago, I installed Vista Ultimate. In retrospect, not a great idea. After installing, I discovered that my CD drive no longer recognized the fact that there were discs in it. I could hear it rotating, I see green lights flashing on the computer casing, but nothing actually happens. And of course, my computer is out of warranty. Has anybody else had this problem? or better yet, does anybody know how to FIX this problem? Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-case-of-the-missing-cd-drive-258364.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Im running XP sp2... and when i go into my pictures the folders show the preview thumbnails on the folders and when i go to properties it says there are "28 files" or however many... but when i open the folders there is nothing in there.... ive tried changing view settings... but no luck... and this is only on about half of the folders in my pictures... some of them still work fine
any help would be great...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-case-of-the-missing-pictures.337913/
Relevancy 48.59%

using windows vista premium for near two years now, and for some unknown reason my D and E drives (dvd player and dvd burner)
have suddenly disappeared from the computer. can't play a cd or anything from either one. newest software intsalled has been
napster.ca for music file stuff. done the usual re-boot but nothing changed. sorry i am not much for troubleshooting but at least
i know when i am in trouble...like now. also just did security scan and nothing.
please help
geoff

A:case of the missing drives

Does the drive show up in My Computer? If not you need to delete the upper and lower filters:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200483/case-of-the-missing-drives/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys I was organzing my mp of music The case missing the s into folders I did it by band name then album name The case of the missing music I have a folder named Industrial Music A-M which is where The case of the missing music I put all the A-M bands So I got them all organized and I cut the folders and pasted them in there Some of them were duplicates so I said no to not overwrite them Everything seems dandy I go to check on them and only some The case of the missing music showed up A s B s and C s AHHHH Then I look further down the list every folder that I had in there previously from letters D-M including all the ones I have just pasteD have also dissapeared I don t know where they went they didn t go into another folder or anything My harddrive hasn t lost space so they haven t been deleted Now when I go into the folder my computer lags and sometimes freezes up So the solution to freezing is just simply restart my computer but once I restart it it gets to the screen with Windows displayed on it and it has the or squares running across and then my computer restarts itself and this can go in for sometimes times before it actually starts up SOMEONE PLEASE HELP Any required information that could help just please let me know if I have forgotten it Specs CPU ghz GC Radeon PCI SC Onboard intel crap HD g internal g external this is where the files are stored on the g one Memory mb nbsp

A:The case of the missing music

Sounds like your HDD is on the brink of collapse!

Once you finally boot into Windows (Safe mode even), have you tried searching your HDD for *.mp3 or *.wma or whatever?
If your HDD is still showing the original disk size then chances are they are somewhere. Possibly written to bad sectors though.

You haven't enable System Restore have you? If so, roll back to a day you know everything was fine. If not ... remember it when you re-build next time!

Good luck! :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-case-of-the-missing-music.56866/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All Thank you for your time in reading I ve spent hours and hours this morning trying to resolve BIOS number - Corrupt? Serial missing this myself but I m getting nowhere BIOS Corrupt? - Serial number missing I turned on my Compaq HP Presario BIOS Corrupt? - Serial number missing CQ this morning to be faced with a messaged telling me my Windows software isn t genuine I tried to activate online but it failed giving me an error message and asked me to contact HP They won t help me unless I purchase extended warranty I spoke with a representative for Microsoft activations and they have told me I need to contact HP as it s a hardware related fault I ve discovered that the serial number and product part number is invalid in BIOS Instead of it displaying my serial number and product number it shows only as zero s When I power on the laptop I m displayed with a message at POST stating Invalid Serial Number I ve tried to flash the BIOS with the latest version although this hasn t helped It flashed successfully but the numbers are still zero s I believe the software used to edit these strings is known as DMI editors They are all DOS programs though that I can t get to run within my bit version of Windows and I don t even know if I ve downloaded the right one Any support or advice would be much appreciated Thanks again nbsp

A:BIOS Corrupt? - Serial number missing

that will need to go to a HP/compaq repair center for that one ( or at least a local computer shop that is used to dealing with laptops in this situation)

They are the only people that have the equpment to deal with that and it doesn't sound like a simple software problem

however it might be as simple as the bios battery is flat and therefore the bios cannot read the serial numbers from the bios chip

Warning: most laptop bios batteries are soldered in and any wrong or careless soldering can ( will ) render the laptop totallly useless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-corrupt-serial-number-missing.1073764/
Relevancy 48.16%

The set came with a Gateway I purchased in Dec. of 1999. Recently I noticed I am missing disk 1. I sent an email to Gateway seeing if I could get a replacement cd, but have not heard back from them yet. Would Microsoft be able to send a replacement if Gateway doesent have any to send? I have the certificate of authenticity and the cd key.
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks
docfl

A:Missing Works 2000 disk number 1.

Getting replacement media from Microsoft for a program that is 6 years old would be a challenge I suspect.

Also if it was bundled with the Gateway as you say, it's "Original Equipment Manufacture" (OEM) provided which means all support comes from the seller (Gateway). I would hold out about the same (little) hope for such an old replacement disk from them though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-works-2000-disk-number-1.481810/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone I'm having a problem finding driver [SOLVED] the of Case missing HP a driver for [SOLVED] Case of the missing HP driver an HP desktop PC of mine that I've recently reloaded from XP Media Center over to XP Proffesional The model is quot HP Media Center PC m n quot I've managed to find every driver except unknown device I even found the onboard Realtek HD audio after many hours of searching google because HP for whatever reason makes these Media Center PC's ridiculously hard to find [SOLVED] Case of the missing HP driver drivers for [SOLVED] Case of the missing HP driver if you aren't using the recovery partition Ive gutted most of the insides out of this box parts including the media drive bay along with the modem wireless card and TV tuner card simply because I didn't need any of those devices The device comes up under the device manager in other devices as an quot Unknown Device quot I've tried just about everything I can think of to get that driver loaded with no success I even tried getting most of the drivers straight from the OEM websites like intel realtek etc I just can't find out what that device is as everything on my machine seems to be working fine If any more info on the machine is needed I can post that no problem Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated thanks

A:[SOLVED] Case of the missing HP driver

HP appears to have all of the drivers for that machine on their website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3230688

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-case-of-the-missing-hp-driver-417976.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all at TSG I come to you with a problem that is beyond my modest computer skills and lurking abilities my NTLDR has seemed to disappear Everything was fine last night when i was on my computer but when i woke up this morning and booted her up i recieved the quot NTLDR NTLDR case missing sudden of A is missing quot error message with instructions to use A sudden case of missing NTLDR control alt delete to restart and try again I have not recently installed any new hardware or changed configurations and the only new software is Diablo and its expansion which has been on my computer for a week now its run fine in the past and never caused any problems I ve been reading through the forums for most of the day and tried several different suggestions to fix my problem but to no avail I ve tried using a boot disk i made off of a friend s computer rebuilding the boot record using the recovery console and i even tried that NTLDR quot fixer quot disk that i downloaded from a link i frequently see posted Nothing has worked The only interesting thing is that when i use that fixer program the one that gives you boot options and you have to go through every one to find one that works is that instead of getting a missing NTLDR message i get a hal dll error instead So i go back into my XP cd and expand the hal dll into the system folder on my drive and try again but now i m back to the NTLDR error I really dont know what to do here and any help is appreciated Also i m not tp sure how vital this is but my drive is labeled D although it is the only HDD in my computer when i try to use the recovery console i only have one option for an OS to explore and it is labeled C I m not sure if how this happened is important to my current situation but i can explain it if necessary Again any suggestions here would be a big help and hope to hear from you soon Oh formating is also out of the quesion as i have no backups of my current papers projects and other data Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I m stumped While I am on IE I keep getting messages from resident shield stating that it has detected threats The notification pops up Cookie Folder the Case of Missing The in lower right corner of The Case of the Missing Cookie Folder my screen then disappears after a few seconds I can clearly see the file path I then go to my computer and follow that path and there is no cookie folder or anything else resembling a cookie to be found I used Malware to clean up files and check for threats it found nothing and am now running AVG free version after updating it I also ran CCleaner I can guarantee you that when I open IE again I will again get those messages The last time the notifications popped up one right after another about seven of them in the short time I was on the net It ticks me off that I can t figure out where they are parking the cookies Webtrends was the name of one of them but there were plenty of others less recognizeable Suggestions Thanks in advance UPDATE I typed in the path name and that worked There they all were The AVG The Case of the Missing Cookie Folder full scan also found a ton of cookies on the c drive in a folder named recycler

A:The Case of the Missing Cookie Folder

Can you provide a screenshot of said error message?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315515/the-case-of-the-missing-cookie-folder/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi seven forums I am having a problem with my pc today It started when I was playing Mass Effect and all of a sudden my computer froze I rebooted and during reboot I noticed the BOOT DEVICE LED was lit up solid red during the reboot Surely enough my screen read SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE AND REBOOT After an hour on Google ive preformed a few troubleshooting steps but noting has working I inserted a windows install disk which recognizes both of my drives but not my OS because it isn't appering in the System Recovery Options So I ran DISKPART Missing.. Case Unusual BootMGR selected disk where my OS is installed selected partition and marked it as active then rebooted Upon reboot I have a new error BOOTMGR is missing Once again I BootMGR Missing.. Unusual Case booted to the disk and tried to open the Recovery Tools again but it gives me an error saying the version of system recovery is not compatible with my version of windows So that is where I am at now any help would be appreciated because I am stumped and I would prefer not having to clean install thanks I will post pictures of the errors if needed

A:BootMGR Missing.. Unusual Case

Hardware: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 motherboard
AMD FX8350 processor
2x 1TB WD Blues &
4x 4GB DDR3 RAM sticks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359129-bootmgr-missing-unusual-case.html
Relevancy 48.16%

HI all,
I have a interesting problem. The OS buttons have gone missing. They are still there and you can click on them if you know the location but they are not displayed. For example if you bring up display properties all the tabs at the top, and all buttons on the screen are not drawn, nor are the text labels. And it is not only display properties, anything that uses the same draw tecniques no longer draw. And even stranger, it is this way even in safemode. Any ideas? This is with windows XP, not sure what service pack though.

-Game

Relevancy 47.73%

have issue with ct number missing , minecraft stutters and sound screams when iv been able to play without issues before , notified HP they told me my warranty was voided because i used the plastic panel to scroll my mouse on and its worn the paint off , how can i fix this issue myself as £400 is a lot of money to throw down the drain , thanks for any help you guys can give .
CSO Number: BHRR5033-01
Model Number: N7J42EA
Model Description: HP 15-ac107na
Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]
HP HAVE THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD :@

A:ct number missing , minecraft stutters and sound screams

[email protected] Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have looked into your issue about your HP 15-ac107na Notebook and issues playing Minecraft.  Here is the forum for Minecraft as they would be best suited to answer your concerns and correct it if it is not suitable for your system. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ct-number-missing-minecraft-stutters-and-sound-screams/td-p/5594882
Relevancy 47.73%

I canít get slide number and date to show on my slides. I am using Power Point 2002 with WinXP. I click on View/Header and Footer and select the Slide tab. There I check Date and Time/Update Automatically and I check Slide Number. I even put something in the Footer box. I then click on Apply to All. Nothing shows upon the slide anywhere. Iíve tried this on another presentation and it doesnít work there either.

What can I do to get this stuff to show up on the slides?

Thanks,

Don

A:Solved: Missing slide number in Power Point

What probably has happened is that you have deleted the place holders for the object from the master accidentally. Go to "View">>"Master">>"Slide Master" and click on the "Master Layout" button on the "Slide Master View" toolbar. Check off the boxes that are missing and that should work. If it does not then feel free to e-mail the file at duluvian at verizon dot net and post here that you mailed me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-missing-slide-number-in-power-point.609398/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello guys

I have a report contain about 70 pages, pare number 43 not showing the numver as other pages,
I copied the file, I copied the text and pasted into another new document.. page 43 still always missing the number..
what to do to dispply the number?
many thanks and I will appreciate if a quick feedback .. waiting to print out the repot,
Regrds

Relevancy 47.73%

My new build works outside the case but I still can t get it to even power up inside I m convinced something is causing a short but I can t determine the cause Stats because this is my first post Case Cooler Master HAF Fans CM Megaflow mm x front amp top CM mm rear PSU CM eXtreme Power Plus RS W Mobo ASRock Extreme Gen Z CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge won't I boot New am case: in missing? what build Solved: GHz LGA CPU Cooler CM V GT RAM Team Xtreem Dark Series GB x DDR GPU ZOTAC ZT- - Solved: New build won't boot in case: what am I missing? L GeForce GB Solved: New build won't boot in case: what am I missing? SSD Corsair Force Series GB SATA III SSD Optical Samsung x DVD Burner SH- BB BEBE Wireless Linksys WMP GS Wireless-G Adapter OS Windows Home -bit All the internal parts aside from the wireless card are brand new and work completely fine outside of the case The only thing I can think of is that the motherboard isn t screwed into all the standoffs only the outer four Does this actually matter nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

i get errors portable media serial number service module missing.
where and how can i download this missing module or service?
i am winxp home edition sp3; hp pavilion 775e. i bought with the os already installed and no cd.
thanks for any info

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/portable-media-serial-number-service-module-missing.951529/
Relevancy 47.3%

So my laptop is a good few years old, has a few issues but generally it still runs ok for what I need. However today, after logging off fine last night I am getting the error 'user profile service service failed to log on'. I'm usually quite happy to have a tinker about with stuff if I have instructions. So I found out about logging into safe mode and ResEdit and looking for the SID key but mine is missing the long string of digits I'm guessing this is not normal, is there a way to fix this and get back in again?I have tried system restore but I only have yesterday evening and that fails.
I apologise for shortness of message I'm on my new iPad and I'm not really use to it, much prefer my laptop ATM!
Thanks in advance

A:User profile service failed to log on: SID key missing number string?!

Hi.

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

Method 1 usually works.

If as you say, the sid key is missing, then try methods 2 - 3

Hope this helps

Rob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-service-failed-to-log-on-sid-key-missing-number-string.1114102/
Relevancy 47.3%

So i started my Saturday thinking i would upgrade my plex media server Blue Iris security camera software server from windows to windows It Installed and everything looks like it was running fine my Plex server was running like nothing ever happened I go to fire up Blue iris to see if that went smooth as well and i was greeted by an error saying there is missing wmvcore dll So i do my searching on google and 10, .DLL Windows missing the and the and of Iris Blue case 0xC00007b 4 some say to get the windows media pack https www microsoft com en-us down aspx id So i do that and still jack diddly Then i go to my second computer and grab Windows 10, Blue Iris 4 and 0xC00007b and the case of the missing .DLL the missing DLL file and add it to the windows system file Go to fire up blue iris Now i am greeted by an error saying i have a missing wmasf dll So i grab that from my good running windows computer and add that to the system folder Go to fire up Blue Iris now i am greeted with this an xC b error http i imgur com ln sG png I have installed the latest net framework Visual C and Direct X I am using the latest installer from http blueirissoftware Windows 10, Blue Iris 4 and 0xC00007b and the case of the missing .DLL com So now I'm really stumped Back to google were i find all kinds of worthless garbage I read i should use dependency walker to find what is going on with the executable http www dependencywalker com dependency walker log file here BlueIris txt Windows 10, Blue Iris 4 and 0xC00007b and the case of the missing .DLL http m uploadedit com ba u txt so now i can see what dlls are loading and which are not From my arm chair ninja knowledge it looks like its loading and then unloading wmasf dll and then crashing To be honest this is way above my knowledge level and have spent to many hours trying to fix this I even went back and did a fresh install of windows screwing my whole plex server up and just making a freaking mess of my weekend So this is a plea for help i'm not sure where to ask i'm pretty sure Microsoft will tell me to go my self system specs OS Name Microsoft Windows Pro N Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Type x -based PC System SKU SKU Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Embedded Controller Version BIOS Mode Legacy BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Desktop Windows Directory C WINDOWS System Directory C WINDOWS system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

A:Windows 10, Blue Iris 4 and 0xC00007b and the case of the missing .DLL

Check the Blue Iris forums and send the error info to Blue Iris.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/46111-windows-10-blue-iris-4-0xc00007b-case-missing-dll.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have two computers still running Windows XP. A few months ago the e-mail icon for AOL as the default program on the Start Menu went missing on both(!) only to be replaced by Windows' generic icon.

This is strictly an aesthetic problem as the link still works as it should. It just baffles me and it has defied every effort to correct it. I have scanned most of the suggested fixes for missing icons in the forum but none seems to resolve the issue..

I have also tried temporarily switching the default e-mail program, to Outlook Express for example and then switching back with no luck. I have even tried reinstalling AOL.

Perhaps some Microsoft expert might guide me to the registry file that should link the default e-mail program on the start menu to the AOL Software? There are no problems with AOL icons elsewhere on the computer ( desktop, quicklink folder etc.)

Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Solved: Case of the Missing E-Mail Icon in Start Menu

Updates and Upgrades to software that are in the start menu can cause that. I would right click the entity with the missing icon, find the item in programs (in the start menu,) right click it and (hopefully its there) click pin to start menu.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-case-of-the-missing-e-mail-icon-in-start-menu.969855/
Relevancy 43.86%

I am looking to write a batch file script that can read a computer's serial number, and then set the computer's name to be this serial number. I feel like I should be able to set the serial number as a variable or something, but nothing that I have tried
works. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c47a8e63-431d-41ae-bec0-86741590dd29/setting-computer-serial-number-as-computer-name?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 43.43%

Basically each morning I import data from an internet database to excel.
I need to divide the number of rows, that i receive daily in this excel document, to 4 worksheets designated to 4 staff members.
Each staff member needs to receive an equal amount of rows.

For e.g. if today i received 124 rows of data then each staff member should get 31 rows each.
Except the number of rows will vary on each day. I could get 200 plus rows of data.

Can someone please assist with writing a macro to divide up the rows in to the 4 worksheets? I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance

I have attached the sample file for viewing....the data starts from row 3...thanks

A:Solved: Excel Macro to divide any number of rows equally onto certain number of works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-to-divide-any-number-of-rows-equally-onto-certain-number-of-works.732437/
Relevancy 43%

AVG Security solution one of the best antivirus software solutions with advanced features The security solution is known for its capability of Support Avg Free Number Tool 1-800-723-4210 Number Technical removing viruses at greater extent We at avgsupporthelp provide support for this advanced Avg Technical Support Number 1-800-723-4210 Tool Free Number and well known security solution Our toll free number - - - is toll free and you can get the technical support for x hours If your device including laptops PCs mobile phone or tablets are infected by the viruses we at avgsupporthelp is just a call away AVG Antivirus - - - Help Desk Customer service number - - - for online tech support Help Desk And Care on Toll free phone number Contributors Poojajaanu Date created - - PM Last Updated - - PM Category Project Description AVG security USA - - - - AVG customer service phone number AVG antivirus customer service phone number AVG - - - AVG Tech Support Phone number AVG customer support phone number AVG customer care phone number AVG USA - - - AVG Antivirus tech Support Phone Number AVG Antivirus Technical Support Phone Number AVG Antivirus Customer Support phone Number AVG Antivirus help desk number AVG telephone number AVG Support Phone Number - - - USA AVG Antivirus Support Phone Number AVG Technical Support Phone Number AVG Customer Support Number AVG Support Phone Number - - - USA AVG Antivirus Support Phone Number AVG Technical Support Phone Number AVG Customer Support Number AVG phone number - - - AVG Antivirus phone number AVG security phone number AVG phone number - - - AVG support phone number AVG symantec phone number AVG phone number customer service - - - AVG customer service phone number AVG tech support phone number AVG technical support phone number - - - AVG phone numbers AVG help phone number AVG Antivirus support phone number - - - AVG phone support AVG contact phone number - - - AVG internet security phone number AVG support phone number AVG phone AVG phone number - - - phone number for AVG phone numbers AVG Antivirus customer service phone number - - - AVG customer support phone number find a phone number AVG uk phone number usa phone nuhttp avgsupporthelp com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626192/avg-technical-support-number-1-800-723-4210-tool-free-number/
Relevancy 43%

My computer which is running Windows XP got infected with the Google redirect virus In the Task Manager there is an unknown process exe which I cannot stop I am using with exe", colon number virus, name process Google unknown of format Malwarebytes scan quits redirect dot "number the McAfee anti-virus program Google redirect virus, unknown process with name format of "number colon number dot exe", Malwarebytes scan quits When I turn on real-time scanning it immediately turns off again When I try a quick scan I get a message saying quot An Error Has Occurred quot When I try running a quick scan in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware it runs for Google redirect virus, unknown process with name format of "number colon number dot exe", Malwarebytes scan quits a few seconds then quits I tried other options including running it under a different name Recently I have been unable to access the Internet although my wireless connection still seems to be working I have been using another computer and a flash drive to transfer files Google redirect virus, unknown process with name format of "number colon number dot exe", Malwarebytes scan quits The GMER program ran for a couple of minutes then quit The dds txt file contains the following DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by David Kingsley at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated By default we load generic code php css sql and xml html load others here if desired FW McAfee Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS exe svchost exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU AlertService exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe C Program Files McAfee Online Backup MOBK backup exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Constant Guard Protection Suite IDVaultSvc exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel Media Server Media Server bin ISSM exe C Program Files Intel IntelDH Intel Media Server Shells MCLServiceATL exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings David Kingsley Application Data dwm exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings David Kingsley Application Data Microsoft conhost exe C DOCUME DAVIDK LOCALS Temp csrss exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Gateway GWCares GWCares exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C ... Read more

A:Google redirect virus, unknown process with name format of "number colon number dot exe", Malwarebytes scan quits

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Please download DummyCreator.zip and unzip it.Run the tool.Copy and paste the following into the edit box:

path to the numbered file
Press Create button and post the content of the Result.txt.

Important: Restart the computer.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422098/google-redirect-virus-unknown-process-with-name-format-of-number-colon-number-dot-exe-malwarebytes-scan-quits/
Relevancy 43%

I have been trying to encrypt a folder using PGP and Cryptainer Secure It http Number Unable To Attempt. Missing Files Files Encrypt After Of & A Are www cypherix com http www symantec com business theme jsp themeid pgp What s weird is that the folder and the files within it will not encrypt and I don t know why Unable To Encrypt Files & A Number Of Files Are Missing After Attempt. Further more the folder will actually be missing files Can anybody explain to me No I am not setting the applications to erase files after completion PGP Conventional Unable To Encrypt Files & A Number Of Files Are Missing After Attempt. Encryption has worked finally I tried all the obvious stuff first like closing all non-essential volumes virtual disk that are created and encrypted by PGP transferring the files to another drive etc On a slightly separate issue I did Unable To Encrypt Files & A Number Of Files Are Missing After Attempt. have some data corruption involving an older and separate group of files However I deemed that to a hardware failure or a OS Software failure Figured it might provide valid insight Update Now my PGP conventional encryption non exe file generation worked I don t understand why it wouldn t work Going to rename the source folder and try again MY encrypted exe file generation with PGP should work I tried again PGP conventional encryption and PGP Zip both encrypted fine I tried creating a PGP exe file and again it failed and files are missing why I ve done a full virus scan and spyware scan No known threats detected that would cause this I ve done two system wipes in the past months I ve also removed reinstalled and or repaired the installation of both applications as is procedure nbsp

A:Unable To Encrypt Files & A Number Of Files Are Missing After Attempt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-encrypt-files-a-number-of-files-are-missing-after-attempt.1012051/
Relevancy 42.57%

Ok so as fas as I know at least this all started this morning I was surfing around the web on my usual sites facebook myspace with of computer a Having problems number my gmail etc Decided to take a diversion and check out a streaming video site Well I got there and the site displayed a message saying that Having a number of problems with my computer my computer was running a DOS attack and therefore could not be on their site Well I thought this was strange so I ran the Microsoft Onelive or whatever its called scan of my computer I then left for work I got home and this is when things got really bad When I arrived home the scan results stated that it found conditions critical conditions and fixed of them It said the rest could not be fixed I said quot ok well that sucks quot and then proceeded to try to get online to see what the problems were and what to do about them I then realized that I could not connect to the internet at all I tried a number of URLs and a couple other internet applications and no connection across the board I then decided to run spybot to see if it could get rid of more than the microsoft program did Spybot won t even open I double click the icon you hear the hard drive start to spin up and then nothing Its the same problem with any other anti-virus software too What do I do Help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241352/having-a-number-of-problems-with-my-computer/
Relevancy 42.57%

I am having a dilemma My computer suffered for the blue screen of death hence i need to reformat vista When i first got vista i put the license sticker on my PC but the sticker was defective and didnt stick very well It eventually fell off and was never to be seen It didnt occur to me that this was the only copy of my product key i had and now that i am trying to reinstall vista its become a huge problem I was relieved to find the page with the SIW exe method and since i havent formatted yet i can still perform this trick The only problem is my computer cannot perform a successful boot up It hangs on the Microsoft corp screen with he green loading tube and never ends and if it does end it hangs on a black screen for too long that i just give up and turn the machine off I have tried using safe mode but it also hangs after it loads all the necessary files and i have tried turning power off for one minute but still no luck I really do not want to purchase another copy of vista just because of a stupid sticker and especially since windows is on the horizon Does anyone know how to get my computer working Also if i call Microsoft can they issue me with my product key Surely there must be some way

A:Help, I can't boot my computer to get the key number.

Yeah sure. Call the manufacturer of your PC or call Microsoft and they might help you to fix your problem

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229833-help-i-cant-boot-my-computer-get-key-number.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to know  how old my computer is  by using its serial number. 

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Small Form Factor PC
 Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed] 
I hope a  representative can tell me when my model was in production, and sometimes pinpoint the date your machine was finished.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Renata

A:How do I know how old my computer is by its serial number

Rena. All we need is the 4th, 5th and 6th numbers of your serial number. XXX???XXXX REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-know-how-old-my-computer-is-by-its-serial-number/td-p/5633707
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey everyone! It's jsut a quick post, but I recently finished a brand new computer build, but I am worried my case doesn't supply enough cooling, but also don't like the nosie it produces during gaming, so I am wondering if anyone knows of any good cases under £50/$60. I have looked at the powercool dominator and am wondering if it will be enough (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powercool-D...9?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1362519059&sr=1-109).

My build is as follows:
- AMD 8350 CPU with stock heat sink/fan
- Gigabyte 7950 triple fan graphics card
- 16GB RAM
- SSD & Hard Drive (not performance, but more energy saving)
- CIT basic case modded with an additional fan on the side
- ASUS M5A99X Motherboard
- 880w PSU

Thank you for any advice! It will need to have high cooling abilities, but also quite quiet!

A:Computer case for $60?

- Noise from case is 95% the fault of the fans. More expensive cases provide quieter fans, but you're paying a lot more to start with anyway. Plus, you'll have to provide your own additional fans in most cases (pun not intended) anyway.
- PSU fan could be loud..?
- Cooling performance is a combination of how neat your build is (cables etc), the amount of components, the type of cooling on your devices, fans used, and airflow provided by case. This is a lot of variables, so it can be hard.
- The case you linked is a budget case. Don't expect miracles.

- My suggestion - stick with what you have, tweak the fan speeds a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-case-for-60.190450/
Relevancy 42.57%

Please tell me if I waste you peoples time. Im a fan of building computer cases.
Now I was wondering what you people would think of a cylindric case? You know, that look like a bin (or a very large coffee tin) or something. Then you put the mobo near the bottom but not too close to it, put air intakes near it and one BIG extractor fan on top of the case. No corners for heat to gather
Posted via Mobile Device

A:Computer case?

For home-made... if you know how to work with tools, metal, plastics, etc...

You could make one... doesn't mean it'll work any better at cooling.

There are round computers out there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-case.861909/
Relevancy 42.57%

I want to run a computer out of a plastic bin. If I lay the MoBo and powersupply on the bottom, then duct tape all of the peripherals to the side... will it run? Would it do better out of a cardboard box?

A:No computer case?

It should work. Depending on the type of plastic you may have static electricity so be careful. It would probably run equally as well in a cardboard box. Honestly though, why not just buy an inexpensive case? Even the cheapest case would be better than a plastic bin or a cardboard box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-computer-case.160834/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi guysI have a computer case when i tried to open it . The power supply turn off after 5 minutes immediately. So what is the solution for this issue . Please help Regards 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/computer-case/td-p/5816591
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I have the following components in my PC:

GT 520 gpu
Intel i5 661 CPU
Gigabyte H55m-D2H motherboard (this is a small one, I believe it's micro ATX)
Two sticks of 4GB of RAM
ESI [email protected] audio card

I'm gonna stick with this build for a while (in fact, I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon - it runs great).

My case is big and makes a lot of noise (the fan is old...). I need a new one, and I wonder what compact cases are available for my setup. As you can see above, I do not use a gaming GPU, so I can probably make do with a thin case. The audio card isn't exactly tiny, though.

I'd appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks.

A:Need help getting my next computer case

This would be my pick, Excellent case IMO
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139021

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-getting-my-next-computer-case.1121006/
Relevancy 42.57%

Looking for suggestions for a cheap case (cheaper the better).

Must have:
front and back 120mm fan spots (doesn't need to come with fan)
at least 5x 5.25" external bays
at least 1x 3.5" external bay
Fits ATX spec

On a budget, so the cheaper the better. I'm just replacing the case, so it doesn't need to have anything in it (PSU, fans, etc), but must be able to put them there obviously. I don't have brand preferences. Name as many as you can, since it might be a problem getting them where I am...

A:Looking for a computer case

I found this as the cheapest with all the features you want, except it has an 80mm front fan and a 120mm rear fan. If you really need that 120mm front fan, this has it for about $7 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-computer-case.106641/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a computer case where the on/off switch doesn't work when plugged into the motherboard. The computer is fine, I can jump the board but I need to resolve the issue with the on/off switch. it's just a PII case, no real thrills. The pins to the motherboard consist of (2) wires to the on/off switch, but the pin is (3) prong with a dummy in the middle. If you have any suggestions or need more info I'm online and watching? Thanks

A:Computer Case

Hi bturner
If you have the right tools you can sometimes get the pins to release from the connector and move them next to each other. If you can't get that to work you could use an exacto knife ( or sharp raser blade) and split the connector down the dummy pin. Then connect each pin separately to the motherboard connector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-case.61676/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello everyone, I'm looking to buy a new computer case tomorrow for my PC because I'm getting worried by all the clutter. Everything is too close for comfort. Lol. Now I've heard that the most "scary", or worrisome, thing is taking out the mobo itself because of the static and all. Um, I'm in need of some Windows 7 Jedi guidance from you guys. Tell me what you guys need so I can post my specs so you can help me out further. Thanks.

A:Computer Case help?

If you are worried about the static when you buy/order your new case pick up a 2-5 dollar static wristband. they connect to your wrist then ground to the pc

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/122747-computer-case-help.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently changed my computer case and after some struggles successfully moved all the hardware from my old case to the new one. It's a P4-1.7, DVD, CD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5600, Sound Blaster Audigy 2. The thing is, when I power the computer up I get no picture on my screen, so I'm wondering if it just has to do with the screen or the computer is just powering up and not actually turning on. Could someone please help me, I think it might have to do with how I connected the wiring to do with the hard drive, CD, and DVD.

A:Computer Case-NEED HELP

Disconnect everything except the processor, video card, memory, and floppy. Try and boot it and see if it posts with video. If it does just start adding one device at a time back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-case-need-help.190322/
Relevancy 42.57%

hi computer case guys nbsp I have a problem with another Computer computer case case The monitor hp type W a and the computer case type hp pro MT The problem is message appear to me like this no DVI signal amp no VGA signal every time when i tried to open my computer i show this message One from your comunity say to me i should to discharge nbsp the electrical charges from the computer and I thanks him a lot about this informationbut i have another computer case the same issue won't to resolveThis computer case i opened last week and it's work successfully but this days i don't know what's the problem maybe some dust won't to remove this is why i want to ask your comunity to get fast solution and this why i prefer this site to get fast information without i lost my time searching nbsp So nbsp please help me nbsp I appreciate your nbsp efforts to help nbsp nbsp and i'm one of our fans nbsp Regards nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/computer-case/td-p/5816562
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a A7N8XE-Deluxe Mobo, and I would like to get a new case for it with more fans and better airflow since I overclocked the CPU in it. I have found several ATX cases, but the back doesn't match what mine does currently. How do I get the right case with access to all the ports in the back, like my four USB and two Ethernet ports. The cases I have looked at don't have spaces for those. Do I just rip out the whole back part of the case or is there a way to find the case I need that will provide access to all my ports on the back? Thanks for help in advance.

Relevancy 42.57%

The Antec Nine Hundred or the GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 case? I am planning to upgrade my cheap Raidmax case once I'm done with the vid cards and such.

Relevancy 42.57%

I am looking at now changing my computer case, preferably to either a standard ATX desktop or a HTPC Media Centre Case, however I have a slight problem in the fact that I have a Xigmatek hdt-s1283 CPU cooler, which stands rather proud at about 20cm or so.... what I was wondering is if any of you techspot frequenters know of any desktop style cases that would cater for my cooler, or if as far as it goes I am fighting a loosing battle?

Heres Hoping

GThomp

A:New Computer Case

The Cooler Master Elite RC-330 is a decent, inexpensive case that will easily have room for that cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-case.119300/
Relevancy 42.57%

zipzoomfly sent me this.Does anyone know if this case is any good? It's a good pricehttp://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=371295 Thermaltake Mambo

Relevancy 42.57%

I am about to build a new computer using an Asus motherboard appr 10 x 12 inches.
Since I am reluctant to install the motherboard in a vertical position I wonder if
there are cases into which I could install my motherboard horizontally.
So far I found none.

Any suggestions

Thanks

AntonABC

Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Acer Aspire X Details It s about years old now Came with Windows Vista I upgraded it to Windows Also has a newer video card than what came with it Anyway The PSU fan is getting really obnoxious it gets really loud more or less like a lawn mower I have taken the thing apart and have tried every suggestion given to quiet it down which it does for a whole week or two This is a small form factor PC so to even take the power supply out you have to new / Form Solved: Replacing case Case bigger Small with PSU Factor basically take out everything else just to get to it I have looked for replacements but they are very obsolete It s only W anyway so i d like something a little more powerful What I want to do is get a larger case that I can use the same hardware is motherboard drives etc and purchase a larger power supply for that case W really limits the PC The small case holds a lot of heat even with all fans cleaned and working properly Even just taking a CD DVD out that was in it is very hot I want a case with better airflow than this one I really am not sure what kind of case to get that will meet my needs I don t want anything really fancy If possible I d like to get Solved: Replacing Small Form Factor Case with bigger case / new PSU it off newegg com Any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Solved: Replacing Small Form Factor Case with bigger case / new PSU

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacing-small-form-factor-case-with-bigger-case-new-psu.954674/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello there!

Im new here so im sorry if im in the wrong place!

But, whenever i press the number 9 XP goes to standby and number 6 doesnt work, this only happens with the caluclator style buttons on the right not those above the letters. It happens whether num lock is on or off.

Also when the far left control button is pressed it has the same effect as pressing the start button????

Anyone any ideas??

Relevancy 42.14%

I am new at this hijackthis thing so be calm My problem is I have windows XP All of my problems seem to be limited to my administrator account and not on my guest account with my computer things wrong of number My computer sometimes freezes the moment I get to the desktop so I have to turn off and on my computer to number of things wrong with my computer start again Sometimes the computer will get to the desktop but will not allow me on the internet or defrag When the computer will get on the internet explorer I try to google search something and when I click a link a get up popup with an email of gogoogle com with strange letters and symbols added on to that Then it will redirect to something not related to the search like ebay On youtube when a video is downloading instead of the red line increasing as it is downloading the red line will aready be there and you will have to click somewhere on the redline for it to start showing the video All of these things happened within a couple of days of when I downloaded norton I have updated and ran norton spybot adware ccleaner deleted all my temp files nut still get all these errors number of things wrong with my computer Help me out please Also how do I give you all the hijackthis code I see on other threads to help you to help me out

A:number of things wrong with my computer

Hello, piccolo
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .

We need to create an OTViewIt ReportPlease download OTViewIt by OldTimer.
Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
Push the button.
Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTViewIt.txt <-- Will be opened
Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:OTViewIt.txt
Extra.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/number-of-things-wrong-with-my-computer-291995.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I would have as no Number three bad protection years not 2, Computer as kept working on the other one but the guy left locked the door and went to his girlfriend s house What can I say I don t blame him Backstory Dell Dimension WinXP Lots cleaner Adaware came up with like viruses WinFixer Computer Number 2, not as bad as three years no protection present Avast installed Don t remember if I ran S amp D on it or not Here s the log Logfile of Computer Number 2, not as bad as three years no protection HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running Computer Number 2, not as bad as three years no protection processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster Live -bit Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbxmon exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS msdpy exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system dlbxcoms exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C WINDOWS system PdeSrv exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mmjb exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mm director exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MM TDM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C hjthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http as starware com dp search x guel JoncMEDOPfZpjOQHMNI hL m wiYnoG XPJ A R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll O - BHO RXResultTracker Class - FA - - c-A CC- EC DE CA - C Program Files RXToolBar sfcont dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll file missing O - BHO Starware - CA D - B- b c- E - AF F C - C Program Files Starware bin Starware dll O - BHO MSEvents Object - FC - E - D -AC - DCAA A D - C WINDOWS system ssqro dll O - Toolbar Starware - D E D - C- c a- D - D FF - C Program Files Starware bin Sta... Read more

Relevancy 42.14%

I just bought a new Sony Vaio notebook and it came with AOL and a lot of other unnecessary applications pre-installed Circuit City offered to remove these things for me but I remembered cleaning out my old PC with the help of techguy org So at the moment I m running with processes and I d like to cut it down New to computer; the limit need of number I processes. as much as possible Anything involving AOL or most anything that is completely useless needs to be gone and I need your help Here is my HijackThis log and thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System New computer; I need to limit the number of processes. smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Trend Micro Tmas Tmas exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C WINDOWS system drwtsn exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Documents and Settings general beeswax Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www livejournal com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run AzMixerSel C Program Files Realtek InstallShield AzMixerSel exe O - HKLM Run VAIO Recovery C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery PartSeal exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Son... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-computer-i-need-to-limit-the-number-of-processes.500034/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need to find the srial number for my HO Pavilion desk top computer, HP will not help me with a problem without itPjohn10

A:Re: How do I find out the serial number of my HP computer?

There are a couple of ways. First, the serial number is printed on a sticker on the case.  It will look something like this: Second, you can run HP Support Assistant and there is an option there to show detailed information about your PC, including the serial number.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Re-How-do-I-find-out-the-serial-number-of-my-HP-computer/td-p/5804055
Relevancy 42.14%

a relative of mine has brought his computer to me with a number of problems.

first the network connections folder shows nothing and gives me and error saying "the network connections folder was unable to retrieve the list of network adapters on your machine. please make sure that the network connections service is enabled and running"

second system restore doesnt work saying "system restore is not able to protect your computer. please restart your computer and then run system restore again"

the last thing i can find is that the taskbar doesnt work. when i minimize windows they just disapear.

help would be apreciated.

A:number of problems with a relative's computer

Click Start>Control Panel>Administrive services>Services. (now maximise the screen) Look down the list for System restore , if disabled double click on it and select enable.OK.
Repeat for Network connections.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/number-of-problems-with-a-relatives-computer-371390.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I was poking around on my computer and I tried to launch a video game I played and it wouldn't open I went into task manager to end the task and try again this did not work either So then I decided to restart my computer and that is when the trouble started When I restart my computer now it gets to the be number Computer a of issues...could things. quot Windows XP quot loading screen the screen flashes blue much like a ram dump or a quot blue screen of death quot and then restarts After it restarted the first time the prompt came up that Windows had not shut down in a proper manner and asked me how I wanted to restart Safe mode safe mode with networking etc but the issue is that I can't use Computer issues...could be a number of things. the arrow keys on my keyboard In fact I can't use my keyboard usb at all except to go into bios Once bios passes the keyboard will no Computer issues...could be a number of things. longer work until the computer hits the blue screen and restarts and I am back to square one I was able to use a version of puppy linux to get into the computer but I was never fully explained on how to use puppy linux My question is am I dealing with corrupt windows files bad hardware some sort of malware virus or all of the above This is the first time I've ever had to really ask for outside help but this has got me stumped edit I enabled use keyboard and mouse in bios and tried to boot in every mode Safemode Safemode with networking Safemode with command prompt Last known working configuration Start windows normally they all in the computer restarting

A:Computer issues...could be a number of things.

If you have a Windows XP installation CD, insert that and boot up into the installer. When it asks what you want to do, press "R" to open the recovery console. Once you are there, type in the following commands:

Code:
C:\>chkdsk /f
C:\>sfc /scannow
Hopefully this will enable you to boot into Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-issues-could-be-a-number-of-things-523923.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I need to install a software and need to register using the serial number of my HP Pavillion P6655A PC. How do I find out the serial number of my HP computer? Thanks!

A:How do I find out the serial number of my HP computer?

Hi, Are you looking for the serial number of the machine OR you looking for serial number of the Operating system (Product key) ? Please try this:    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120224064715AANoi8W Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-find-out-the-serial-number-of-my-HP-computer/td-p/1566565
Relevancy 42.14%

I created a list of companies & phone #'s etc. in access 2000. The letters are upper case. How do I change upper case listings to lower case?

Relevancy 42.14%

Ok, now I have a new build that has All new parts, brand new case and everything, it works fine when it's partially screwwed in or outside the case, but once I put everything else in (pci devices) it doesn't turn on? What could be the problem?

A:HELP!! The new build that worked fine out the case doesn't work in the case!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-the-new-build-that-worked-fine-out-the-case-doesnt-work-in-the-case.126539/
Relevancy 41.71%

So, I'm replacing my computer case (because my old one has no fans in it cept the one I mounted myself, and I believe i am having problems with overheating.)

So, any suggestions on a max $150 case that has decent airflow and cooling, and can fit a 9800 GTX+ card (I had problems with one case where the hard drive bay on the bottom of the front blocked it from going in cause its really long.)

If no suggestion on an actual case what are some good quality brands for cases with good cooling?

Specs on Comp:

ASUS M3A78-CM Mobo
Windows XP SP 3
Nvidia 9800 GTX +
AMD Althlon X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3.0 GHZ
4 GB of Ram (shows as 3.25)
Onboard Sound

Relevancy 41.71%

Can both side covers ff a computer case be removed? I can remove one of the covers dead easy just by removing the two screw at the back. But When I come to remove the other side, i cant get it off with just removing the two back screws. The reason I want to get it off is beacuse there is a screw with the bottom pointing up into the case. I think the head of the screw is underneath the case cover i cant get off. Any help would be nice and I would be grateful. Thanx

A:Opening Computer Case

Can you not see the screw that is underneath the cover through the side that you have already removed???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opening-computer-case.14607/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have been searching for a tower case to either build or have built, a new computer.

So far, it looks like a Chemming tower would be a good choice but in the reviews, I see people saying that you need very long SATA and IDE cables. They mention 36" cables. It seems like that is a pretty long cable to be using so I thought it might be good to ask for some opinions on these cases and that cable length.

Thanks

A:Anyone here using a Chemming computer case?

I think 36 inch cables would be for server towers, if you are buying an ATX case then stardard length cables should be ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/anyone-here-using-a-chemming-computer-case.454358/
Relevancy 41.71%

Today I found I have a filter on the front of my case that sits in front of a 120mm fan ... and it was clogged with dust ! so I took it out and cleaned it, and now my temps are down by a lot !, I'm still finding out things about this Computer

Filter

Temps

A:Computer Case Filter

Hi Ciara...Yeah...I have to clean my PC at least once a month as it does p/u quite a bit of dust. A few puffs of canned air into my PC\Laptops does wonders. I do the same to all my computers\Laptops. I think I'm going to give my hardware a cleaning...that's for the reminder...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/124368-computer-case-filter.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Im looking for one big computer case that can hold at least 7+ 5" drive bays and 3 floppy drives. Id like it to be wide enough to accomodate lots an dlots of wires and pipes and fit my dual processing system If i chose to go down that road. This needs to be bigger than the average PC case for many reasons 1 being i dont like heat to get bunched up, I dont like working in small areas, I need room for massive modding, and heck i want it to look like how much I payed for the monster when im done. If anyone can help me a find a large sleek case preferably with a swinging door with window and handle (optional I can always add my own). Thanks in advance guys

Relevancy 41.71%

i just built my own computer, but when i ordered it i ordered the wrong size case fans, would it be alright if i took off the sides of my computer and just used it with no case fans until i got some?

specs:
Intel C2Q
EVGA 9800 GTX SuperClocked
2GB ram
Sigma Shark PSU

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys This is my computer case with Problem first post so I will try to make this as good as possible I just built my own computer which consists of a Gigabyte P C-DS R motherboard Intel Core Duo Conroe Ghz FSB Problem with computer case watt UltraXfinity power supply dual V rails Ballistix ram sticks for GB ddr Seagate GB Sata and Foxconn Nvidia GTX card Both me and my friend built this computer he is more knowledgeable so he did most of the work while I learned We assembled everything properly and attached it to the case plugged in every wire nescessary and it didn t boot We double and triple checked to make sure that all the basic wires were attached properly trust me we really checked stuff and it still didn t boot so he decided to unhook everything except for the motherboard and its power supply cable and he tried to jump the Power button leads with a screwdriver to hot wire it and it didn t turn on At this point we figured we had a motherboard failure but we took it out of the case and plugged it in and it fired up right away In fact I am typing this message right now and it is all assembled outside of the case and it is working great I played some games with it and it also ran fine and Power supply unit is giving enough voltage current wattage for everything so that isn t the problem Problem with computer case We are stumped and nobody else knows what is going on because many of my friends are studying to be computer engineers and they have built their own systems and have never seen this happen before By the way my case is a brand new Cooler Master Mystique Any thoughts Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I decided today to change my PC case, which I have done previously witout a hitch. However, today I bought a evil looking Demon ATX Computer Case and I can't figure out where to put the front panel wires. They are all marked oddly with "Data +1, Data -1, Gnd 1, VCC 1, etc. How do I know where they go? My motherboard book (GA-8IPE1000) does not make it very clear what I have to do to get anything to work. Any help would be appreciated. I have gone to Gigabytes homepage but really gleaned nothing there. I can't find a home page or manufacturer for the case. Thanks very much
Noiro

A:Demon ATX Computer Case

If you saved the receipt, you can take it back and get an easier one. Or you might be able to ask the store where you bought it for help....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/demon-atx-computer-case.237508/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey there. I've recently got an upgraded Lenovo H50 from Best Buy two weeks ago and it's worked great, but I've noticed an upside down L indent on the right side of the case, closer to the power button one day. I know that I haven't done anything to it, so could any of you possibly know about this?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:H50 - Odd L Mark on my computer case

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Posting a picture of the mark would be most helpful for those who may respond.  You probably won't be able to add an image to your post in the forums due to being a first time visitor, but you can upload a photo to one of those photo sharing websites and copy and paste the link here. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-Odd-L-Mark-on-my-computer-case/td-p/3358538
Relevancy 41.71%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system Having Case In A Just Just Check Computer Up winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Just Having A Computer Check Up Just In Case system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C WINDOWS ehome RMSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C WINDOWS ehome RMSysTry exe C Program Files NETGEAR WG T wlan t exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NBKeyScan quot C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBKeyScan exe quot O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe quot -autorun O - HKCU Run IndxStoreSvr E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe quot ASO- B - DAE- -A F- A E O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Gl... Read more

A:Just Having A Computer Check Up Just In Case

Hi,

The only problem that I see here is that you don't have an Antivirus and Firewall running and that your Windows is not up to date.
Any reason why you don't secure your computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/163110/just-having-a-computer-check-up-just-in-case/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey there. I've recently got an upgraded Lenovo H50 from Best Buy two weeks ago and it's worked great, but I've noticed an upside down L indent on the right side of the case, closer to the power button one day. I know that I haven't done anything to it, so could any of you possibly know about this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Odd-L-Mark-on-my-computer-case/td-p/3358538
Relevancy 41.71%

i want to paint my computer green but i have no idea what kind of paint to use. it's an off-white metal case. do i need to use spray paint or hand paint? what can i do to make the surface smooth and soft? thanks!

Relevancy 41.71%

hello everyone. im looking into buying a new case for my computer. i currently have the stock case that came with my sony vaio pcv rx860. I was looking to get one of the more custom cases ive seen on the web. my main concerns are if the vaio components will be easily transferable to whichever custom case i end up choosing. as well , are there certain types of cases i need to stay away from or that i should look at specifically ? ive never changed the case on a computer before and the vaio i have has a very interesting way of opening up. is there a site or set of specifications i should follow before choosing my custom case ? thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%

PICS IN PAGE Okay I have decided that my next computer is going to be a mini-ITX Ever since PC makers decided to embed a LAN card and sound card onto a motherboard and put in a graphics card slot into a wee lil motherboard I don t really need anything bigger Anyway I set out looking to BUY a computer case a Building mini-ITX case but kinda came up short They are really REALLY small Most of them don t even use ATX spec components Slim optical drives slim heatsinks flex-ATX PSU So I decided to build my own mini-ITX case Gonna be an Aluminum frame and aluminum fibreglass cover and front Fibreglass because its much easier to work with IMO and doesn t cost a Building a computer case bomb like carbon fibre My list of spec Fit a mini-ITX board Fit a full tower size CPU cooler For overclocking and quiet operation which is why I started the Venomous X thread Fit full ATX sized PSU I ve set the length of this PSU to cm which is the length of my current W Antec PSU Fit my current graphics card GTX From my proposed layout and calculations I should be able to fit something a few cms longer Fit x quot HDDs Fit x quot Optical drive Fit a mm exhaust fan or bigger I did some calculations designed a layout by researching what works and what doesn t and came up with this sized box excluding the front bezel x x mm That seems to be the smallest I can make it to fit everything in It is bigger than any mini-ITX box out there that I could find but I m basically getting an ATX box with a mini-ITX mobo And it will still be much smaller than mATX boxes out there For comparison Lian Li has a PC-Q case mm x mm x mm which doesn t have space for a massive heatsink no space for dual slot graphics card only x quot HDD and the overclockers nightmare no exhaust fans In fact no case fans at all And another comparison case would be the Lian Li PC-V which is a mATX case measuring a whopping x x mm And even then I have doubts about that massive heatsink I ve started the planning stage by building cardboard replicas of every internal component in the PC and seeing if it will fit with enough margin for assembly space as well as holding structure itself And I ll also be building a box to those dimensions and seeing if everything will fit as planned Thank god most stuff in the computer are box-shaped Anyways since I have other things to do around the house as well as given the number of items I m gonna take a few days to put this together Now I would like some feedback about this little project of mine Assuming I ve figured out how to put it together does anyone foresee any issues with the size I can see huge glaring issue here I m hoping someone will be able to point that out And at the same time point out some other issues I haven t seen Or maybe have I missed out some important component nbsp

A:Building a computer case

I do not see any issues in size. In fact, I have seen a shuttle system with a Core i7, 3 HDD's, and an HD5970 in it:
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af75/uniquepower/IMG_3256-1.jpg

If you are building an aluminum frame, I recommend using right angle pieces. They are very easy to work with, and very strong and light when you are done. Also, remember when you are making the cardboard replicas to leave space for the cables. In a cramped environment, they take up a lot more space than you might think.

Here is the worklog for an ITX HTPC I am building right now. It does not meet your specifications, but it does use a full ATX PSU, and it might be helpful for ideas, and for working with the aluminum.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=274546

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-case.142471/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've been shopping for a case to build my system around. This one is found at CompUSA and has a 300w PS though not a name brand. I did some digging on the web and actually found a review of this case. I was wondering what some of you guys think of its specs

Case Review

Maybe some of you who have built systems would know if this type of case would make a decent build or not. I want to go with an Athlon XP1500 m/b in it. I don't know if I should buy my own PS to put in it or use the one it comes with, its a brand called Power-Win.

Relevancy 41.71%

Aloha,
What is the difference between a OEM and Retail case? TIA

Mahalo,
doogdoog

A:Computer Case Question

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. They are produced for a middleman to use building his machines to seel to the public.

Anything OEM generally has a shorter warranty, no documentation and few extras. For example, an OEM harddrive does not come with cables or install software. You get a drive, thats it. For an OEM case, you may or may not get a powersupply for example.
Retail on the other hand, gives you the full manf warranty, documentation and any extras there may be.
Unless OEM is significantly cheaper, I usually get the Retail version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-case-question.207739/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Antec 300 u 3 case which needs cleaning inside and vents on side and front of the case.

Due to my disability I can not pick the case up and clean it.

Is there another way which I can clean the case with out opening it please

thanks

werewolf

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello. This may sound like a very stupid question, but I just got this computer for a great deal but the guy forgot to give me the key so I can't open it to upgrade it. Is there a simple way to pick the lock or perhaps a universal tool I can buy? From what I know, only the really old computers required keys, but I guess I was wrong. I tried to look this up on google, but once I typed in the word "key" into any sentence, all I got was threads about how to crack programs and stuff.

Relevancy 41.71%

I have a G9657MA-8EKRS2H motherboard that I would like to place in a case to build
a PC. I have several old computers & cases that I have collected in the past. For example could
I use a Dell 3000 case for this board? I have several simular Dell computers with celron processors
in them. Maybe I could salvage a case/power supply from them?
How do I choose a computer case for this mother board. What factors do I use to choose a
computer case? I guess I need to look at fan placement and venting. Form factors etc.
What do need to consider here?

Thank you,

A:Choosing a computer case?

Dell cases are proprietary ie they fit dell mb. Choosing a case is a VERY subjective endeavor; ie what I like may not be what you like. Here is a decent atx type case that will do the job for you.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042
This is a basic case without windows, lights, etc.

Here is a more high end case with lighted fans, etc.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...p=Cat_Computer_Cases-_-Spotlight-_-11-119-213

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choosing-a-computer-case.1029488/
Relevancy 41.71%

I've about decided to upgrade to Conroe and will give my old computer to my son. Thinking I am going with the Conroe E6600 processor where I can install a good video card. I want at least 500 watts of power. Would prefer a case that already has a good power supply installed, although I will buy them separately and put them together if that is needed to get the quality I want. Quality is my primary concern. Also, I tend to stay away from the mini-ATX motherboards, preferring the standard ATX MB's. Anyone have a good experience with prebuilt case/power supply combos? Thanks for your assistance.

Relevancy 41.71%

My computer keeps shutting down when playing games or converting movies. I changed RAM (then putting old modules back because they weren't causing the problem), bought a new PSU and installed 2 aditional fans. It didn't work. So, my "diagnosis" is that dust is causing the problem. I need some advice about cleaning the case, removing the CPU heatsink and stuff like that.

A:Cleaning the computer case

Quote: Originally Posted by 4eyed

My computer keeps shutting down when playing games or converting movies. I changed RAM (then putting old modules back because they weren't causing the problem), bought a new PSU and installed 2 aditional fans. It didn't work. So, my "diagnosis" is that dust is causing the problem. I need some advice about cleaning the case, removing the CPU heatsink and stuff like that.

Dust can build up on the CPU fan and prevent proper cooling. This can be cleaned without removing the heat sink by using those cans of portable air blast. Take the case outside and being careful to not loosen any of the internal connections. blast the inside of the case and especially around the cpu with the air and that should help. Carpets/cats/dogs/people create dust and it tends to build up on the fins for the cpu cooler and prevent proper cooling.

Give this a shot and see if this helps.

Rich

PS: I do not recommend removing the heat sink as you will need heatsink grease when you reseat it. Also you take the chance of unplugging the cpu and they are dog to replace properly without bending pins which will ruin your whole day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/179739-cleaning-computer-case.html
Relevancy 41.71%

my friend was working today and the chick who house he was workin on got a new pc and gave him her old one so he had no use for it and gave it to me...i need to get in it to see how everything is and what not...
it says Planet systems on front case...i dunno how to open it...my last old pc u just unscrew 4 screws and case poped off....this 1 has many screws and there directly on back...i dunno if the holding the fan and stuff in place or what....any1 every dealt with one of those be4?

A:How do I open this computer case ?

If it's an old PC, is it a vertical or horizontal position one? I've got an old horizontal one that you had to unscew 5 or 6 screws on the back and the top and sides came off very carefully. Just make sure you don't unscrew the Power Supply screws!!!!

And since it's an old one that you just want to tinker with, at least you don't have to worry about messing anything up too bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-open-this-computer-case.25004/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have recently bought the following items for my new computer.

Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Procesor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4GHz San Diego

Memory:1 GB (2 pcs 512MB) DDR (400) PC-3200 Corsair w/LED Display (TWINX1024-3200XLPRO)

Video Card: eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX KO 256MB

Hard Disk :Western Digital 74 GB SATA 10K Raptor (WD740GD)

Now I need a good place to put this bad boy into. What is a good computer case/tower for cooling? What should I buy to keep this bad boy cool? CPU fan? other fans?

thanks!

A:Computer Case/Tower

ZIP!! WHOOSH!!!

That is a nice system. Damn!

How about this for a case?
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...ial=RC-730&other_title=+RC-730+Praetorian 730

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-case-tower.31005/