Windows Support Forum

More memory and why? Windows 7, Pro 64 bit

Q: More memory and why? Windows 7, Pro 64 bit

Greetings Tech memory 64 Pro 7, bit Windows More why? and Folks I have More memory and why? Windows 7, Pro 64 bit since found out that one of my memory modules is bad I am a gamer and built my system Currently my system spec is as follows Intel I K overclocked to ghz I used the default OC settings on Motherboard Asrok Z Extreme motherboard gigs of Gskill Ripsaws DDR PC module died now running on gigs Corsair Gold PS EVGA Geforce GTX w gigs onboard Win Pro Seagate Barracuda Terrabyte Drive rpm OCZ gig SSD This is used as a cache drive using Intels SRT technology set to maximized I play raid EQ high to very high settings Distant worlds all expacs Civ The Secret World X Gal Civ Heroes III and IV and I spend hours up every night correcting people on the internet ok not really I also occasionally watch HD movies I have downloaded via HDMI too my TV I also use my computer for work I typically have spreadsheets open along with a browser with or tabs open in addition to using Open office for documents Oh and lets not forget using Pandora streaming my music while I am working Now I am going to replace my module and get back UP to gigs of ram My question is do we REALLY need more than gigs for ram Also in Win is there anything I should set or reset to optimize its performance such as the page file or anything else I used to set the page file when I had Win XP but since we have so much ram nowadays I thought we no longer have to bother Any advice is most welcome nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: More memory and why? Windows 7, Pro 64 bit

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: More memory and why? Windows 7, Pro 64 bit

This question is a Windows OS question, why was this moved to hardware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/more-memory-and-why-windows-7-pro-64-bit.196287/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have just bought some new memory, 2 x 1 gig, inserted it and ran the test. I get one error in the Stride38 test. Address expected is different to the one returned.

I know which chip it is, should I send it back, or is this 1 error acceptable for the system?

Thanks for your response

A:MEMORY UPGRADE - Windows Memory Diagnostics Flags 1 Stride38 Error

please read the sticky about upgrading memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-windows-memory-diagnostics-flags-1-stride38-error.49174/
Relevancy 39.13%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device DVD drive or USB key and then gives up motherboard in stuck Windows Memory problem? memory or Diagnostic: Maybe memtest isn't compatible stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During Windows installation the UEFI boot stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

After my new build froze up during boot up into Windows I tried to run Windows 's built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic extended setting but it got stuck at of st pass overall after running it overnight at least hours I had x GB memory modules and re-ran this test with only one stick in different slots all with the same result it would quickly get to overall complete then apparently get stuck there However I noted that I could still access F options when it got to complete so it wasn't frozen but the system became extremely slow with the screen displaying text one word at a time Some ideas on how to isolate the problem I wish I could just return both the motherboard and the memory to the store but there may be or motherboard Windows Memory Diagnostic: problem? stuck in memory a restocking fee involved with the motherboard unless it's defective My parts are Intel Core i - K MSI Z A-GD Corsair Vengeance x GB DDR PC model CMZ GX M A C Other information symptoms - I can not run memtest at bootup either by using a DVD CD or USB key The motherboard's boot code stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? indicate that it keeps trying to detect the device stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? DVD drive or USB key and then gives up Maybe memtest isn't compatible with this hardware or I am not configuring it properly or there are some hardware problems here - The keyboard sometimes did not work during boot up such as when attempting to select the USB key to boot into memtest attaching a USB keyboard worked but I still couldn't get memtest to run - I am using Secure Boot During stuck in Windows Memory Diagnostic: motherboard or memory problem? Windows installation the UEFI boot menu could not detect the DVD drive if it was connected to the last SATA ports which was probably due to a different chipset being used

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/12407-stuck-windows-memory-diagnostic-motherboard-memory-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

To 7 running total min. memory "memory leak?" few a Windows after at explorer.exe start I have Windows on Sony Vaio laptop I have been working on the issues with the malware removal team but now machine looks clean I am still having issues When starting the computer and going to the task manager I can watch explorer exe start at about K memory usage and then grow constantly until it is running with almost all of the computer s physical memory after about seven min I cannot get the context menu to show up after a few min by right clicking on anything I had been experiencing quot freezing quot while playing Eden Eternal an online role playing game before that which made me consider malware and seek help here at BleepingComputer The freezing has ended last time I played on that Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" machine at least but now there seems to be some issue with the explorer exe taking all of the memory I haven t been using the machine since I don t trust that there s not something running in the background that shouldn Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?" t be In resource monitor there were quot connections quot that had quot - quot for both the name and the PID but I don t know if that was the malware of if that s normal somehow Issue with explorer exe seems to be limited to only one user account and not the other one That is to say that if I log on one of the other accounts explorer exe behaves normally as far as memory usage Previous topic linked here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html Topic before linked here as well http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html

A:Windows 7 explorer.exe running at total memory after a few min. "memory leak?"

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473377/windows-7-explorerexe-running-at-total-memory-after-a-few-min-memory-leak/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have windows 8 on a Lenovo desktop PC with an AMD A4 5000 APU 1.5 GHZ., 4 GB ram. 
I downloaded a game called Rohan Blood feud a month ago and every so often this common error comes up after clicking my character after I log in. memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read. the error itself is hit and miss, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. I have narrowed it down to three possibilities. Game guard the hacking prevention system built into the game is not compatible,not having enough ram to process the game request at the time i try to run the game or There might be an issue with AMD catalyst control system being out of date and is interfering with my game. Is there anything I can do besides uninstalling and re-installing the game? I have done this 3 times and it is only a temporary fix since the error is back after 2 game plays. 

A:memory 0x77 at referenced memory cannot be read error in windows 8

if it helps i downloaded the game from the Gamepron mirror, which i believe is a mirror in Australia even though it is English.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521176/memory-0x77-at-referenced-memory-cannot-be-read-error-in-windows-8/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm posting in the XP forum because I was under the impression that I had/have windows XP. The complete message is

"Windows NT has found only 495K of low memory. 512K of low memory is required to run Windows NT. You may need to upgrade your computer or run a configuration program provided by the manufacturer"

The computer is a 2001 or 2002 Dell Rev. A03, It won't load windows and I can't seem to access any boot menu. I have not made any changes to the computer's hardware.

A:Windows NT has found only 495K of low memory. 512K of low memory is required to run..

Windows XP is of the Window NT File System (NTFS) family. Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests with ONE stick of RAM in at a time. testing individually. If you get any errors, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-nt-has-found-only-495k-of-low-memory-512k-of-low-memory-is-required-to-run-630264.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostics multiple times (1GB Ram = 2X512), sometimes it reposrts errors, and sometimes not!

I'm running two OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64Bit, where I'm encountering bad performance, and Windows 7 32Bit which runs smoothly.

I'm not sure if it's really a memory damage or something else. I upgraded lately my CPU from Intel Pentium 4 506 to Intel Core 2 Duo 7500 (compatible with my mobo), when the BSOD appeared again and again.

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Memory Diagnostic Reports Memory Problems

Hello TheHero2012, welcome to SF!

For better mem testing use:
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.
Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-memtest86
-------

Sorry, should have read better. W7 64B will not run on just 1Gb of RAM.
If it runs ok on the 32B then there is prob nothing wrong with the ram itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184142-windows-memory-diagnostic-reports-memory-problems.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, i recently bought a 1GB VERBATIM usb memory key like the one shown in the photo below. The problem is that when i plug it in windows recognizes it as being a 600mb memory. I don't know why is that, i went to manage on my pc to see the partitions but it doesn't let me erase or create anything. Any help i would really appreciate it, thanks!
http://www.verbatim-latinoamerica.com/products/detail.cfm?product_id=D9980BFF-1143-3415-5F12699E2053ED48&cat_id=D88B5691-1143-3415-5FFC09D6D568E073

A:Windows shows 1Gb memory as a 600mb memory

Check to make sure it's not Write-protected.There should be a switch somewhere on it.
You should then be able to reformat /repartition it. If not then it could be a defective product. I'd return it and try another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-shows-1gb-memory-as-a-600mb-memory.621109/
Relevancy 37.84%

I've noticed my memory is sky rocketing up to the 90%s when gaming or idle. I checked my specs and have realized only 6.6gb is usable. I was wondering if anyone had a fix to this? Thanks.

A:Windows 10 6.6gb memory usable out of 16gb memory.

Moire info needed.

Make/model of system board/computer.

What does your BIOS show? At first glance it appears you have shared memory, typically this is a laptop setup and if memory allocated to video less available to the system.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/48237-windows-10-6-6gb-memory-usable-out-16gb-memory.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi It didn t usually do this but probably after some windows update Windows Solved: memory leak going? memory is 8.1 all my where it started happening of gb ram Solved: Windows 8.1 where is all my memory going? memory leak used when idle Task manager and resource monitor doesn t show what is using the memory When I add up all the services it doesn t even add up to More like - of total ram Does anyone have a fix I ve looked and already tried disabling the ndu sys via the regedit changing value of start to It didn t work If you don t have a fix perhaps you can guide me in trying to identify the problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD SAMSUNG NP Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Don t know why it says windows defender is disabled It is not Also the system info utility did not detect my AMD Radeon HD m mb Windows was upgraded from to a few months and and didn t display said problem until recently Windows is legit and registered etc nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 8.1 where is all my memory going? memory leak

Ok, I had hyper-v enabled. Although it wasn't running, it seems as though windows was still reserving some resources for it. Once I disabled it via "turn windows features on or off" and restarted my memory usage immediately returned to the way it was.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-8-1-where-is-all-my-memory-going-memory-leak.1148843/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Toshiba laptop three years old. Its Windows (C memory used currently 148 GB out of 149 GB available. However the Windows (C memory of other computers for example in the library and in the college used only between 40GB and 60 GB even though they are bigger than my laptop. As a consequence I have problem because I have little memory left in my laptop. My laptop has some applications like all the computers but I think that each application uses approximately 1 GB. Hence I would like to know why my laptop used so much memory and how can I free memory.

A:The Windows (C:) memory of my laptop uses too much memory

Hi and welcome to Seven Forums reading from your post its hard drive space you need to free up ....... How much ram do you have ? The link below will help you clean up your hard drive.

Disk Cleanup - Open and Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288898-windows-c-memory-my-laptop-uses-too-much-memory.html
Relevancy 36.12%

hello madame and sirs,

Ihave got 128 mb ram on my pc. when i start my pc it shows 32mb shared memory. windows shows 96mb ram. i am not able to install some applications which require min.128mb ram.(windows 2000 pro)&(windows98se)

i once used KNOPPIX LIVE CD and then created some swap file as prompted..... which i deleted later on. i dint notice the ram showed my windows then. incidently i have even formatted my c: drive lateron .... but windows shows 96 mb ram

I want my ram to be fully utilised.. pls help

A:RAM (Random Access Memory) - "Shared Memory" , Windows shows less RAM.

128 - 32 = 96

Shared memory means that a part of your system memory is used by the video card and is not available for programs. You should be able to adjust the amount of shared memory in BIOS setup. Note that you will never be able to get the full 128MB unless you get a proper video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-random-access-memory-shared-memory-windows-shows-less-ram.34496/
Relevancy 35.26%

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 laptop from 4GB of physical memory to 8 GB. The Bios immediately recognized the added memory but it appears the Task Manager physical memory has not changed and only recognizes ~3.5 GB of available memory. Is there a way
to have Task Manager recognize the added memory? Is the fact that the Task Manager does not recognize the added memory mean other functions are not recognizing the added memory?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42a23dae-6a29-4635-9ec3-5d3ba7a0ef7f/windows-7-physical-memory-upgrade-and-task-manager-physical-memory?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 34.83%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows memory Windows gets zero In blocked mode Windows is Update virtual normal 7: reset and to Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Windows 7: In normal mode virtual memory gets reset to zero and Windows Update is blocked Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I have a Dell Inspiron - laptop that I bought in Italy in December which is running Windows in Italian The computer is old short of memory and Windows 7: In normal mode virtual memory gets reset to zero and Windows Update is blocked is running hotter and hotter so I have been meaning to replace it with a newer laptop But I am a professional Japanese-English translator so on the new computer I will need Windows in English and or Japanese as well as MS Office in English and Japanese And for the last few months I have been in Montenegro where the language is Serbian and it might be hard to find even Windows in English and Albania don t even think about it At the end of Windows 7: In normal mode virtual memory gets reset to zero and Windows Update is blocked next week I should be flying to Tokyo and there I should be able to buy a new laptop to meet my requirements though I intend to keep my present laptop around for some time In the meantime today the laptop suddenly started acting up I have had Windows Update turned off since mid-May because after weeks of reading around and various attempts I could find no other way to keep Windows Update from sucking up all available system memory and slowing my CPU almost to a stop every minutes I had read that Microsoft intended to fix the problem by the end of Q so I have been meaning to turn Windows Update back on again on some day when I would not need to use my computer at all for - hours so that Windows Update could download and install all the updates it wanted while having complete freedom to lock up my system every minutes along the way This morning I turned on my laptop and when it had booted up I received for the first time ever an error message in the system tray regarding memory When I clicked on it there popped up a window which I later tracked down to the legitimate Windows process SystemPropertiesAdvanced exe and looking around inside it I found that my virtual memory had suddenly been set to zero Yesterday I had logged in for the first time in several days to QQ an enormous Chinese virtual world used by half a billion people essentially the Chinese equivalent of Facebook YouTube iTunes blogs games and everything else all in one place I had received a prompt that my QQ software was outdated and I had clicked on the option to update When prompted I had deselected all of the ancillary things that QQ wanted to install as well and went ahead with the installation Later in the day I started receiving messages from Windows asking if I wanted to permit QQ Protect to make changes to my system and I clicked on No So although I had turned down the option to install QQ Protect during the update to QQ apparently QQ installed it anyway on the sly This morning I ignored the popup window from SystemPropertiesAdvanced exe and went ahead with my work but after I had opened Google Chrome and one other program I received for the first time ever a popup message from Windows I thought it was from QQ Protect but I later discovered it was from a legitimate Windows process SystemPropertiesPerformance exe telling me that I had insufficient memory and that I should close some programs I ignored it and opened another window of Google Chrome but when I clicked on it in the task bar Google Chrome closed and disappeared the first time that had ever happened to me In the meantime I received another prompt from Windows asking if I wanted to permit QQ Protect to make... Read more

A:Windows 7: In normal mode virtual memory gets reset to zero and Windows Update is blocked

There are three other things, but I do not know if they are significant.

1. On my first bootup yesterday (the first bootup after the installation of the QQ upgrade) the computer stopped during bootup and I got a black-and-white screen telling me that the power source was not recognized, and to press F1 to continue, F2 to ..., etc. I pressed F1 to continue, and when I arrived in normal mode I saw that the computer was recognizing the battery just fine. Since then, however, I get this same problem every time I reboot the computer, unless I first remove the battery, hold the power button down for 5 seconds, and then reinsert the battery. I have had this problem a few times in the past, perhaps one or two times per year, and that is how I have always resolved the problem, apparently a problem of residual charge. But until yesterday I had never had the problem repeatedly. So it might be that instead of malware I simply have a bunch of corruptions to Windows that occurred during the upgrade of QQ. (But due to the aggressive way QQ hides itself and protects itself, I still suspect the presence of malware.)

2. When I booted up this morning into safe mode I received a popup message -- one that I received 1-2 times yesterday after I had tried inserting values for virtual memory -- telling me that duplicate paging files had been created, which might cause a problem. I checked how much virtual memory was allocated, and it was back to "no virtual memory". I specified once again a minimum of 2000 MB and a maximum of 3012 MB and clicked "Apply", but in safe mode I didn't receive any message telling me that I needed to reboot for the changes to take effect. I checked, and the values were correctly 2000 MB and 3012 MB as I had input them. Also, I noticed in normal mode that if I click the box to let the system decide how much virtual memory to dedicate I do not receive a prompt telling me I have to reboot (but in any case the choice does not stay in effect in normal mode, instead it immediately reverts to "no virtual memory").

3. Rebooting one time this morning I tried going into the "Administrator" account, an account that I never use, just to see if all of the same problems were occurring there. (I don't use it because my normal account has full administrator privileges anyway.) While there, I received a popup message from my firewall, "Windows7Firewall" (not a Microsoft program), that some connection attempts had been blocked. (Maybe the same sort of attempts had been taking place in my normal account, but there I have the program set to not give me popup notices of such events.) I attach here a screenshot of the blocked events, showing the IP addresses that the computer was attempting to reach. The program involved was "Interfaccia utente di consenso per applicazioni amministrative" (i.e., "User interface consented for administrative applications"), so I suspect this may have been a legitimate request by Windows.

Once again, I would be very grateful for any help anyone might be able to provide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-in-normal-mode-virtual-memory-gets-reset-to-zero-and-windows-update-is-blocked.1154156/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hiya

The NNTP (Network News Transport Protocol) service in Windows NT 4.0
and Windows 2000 contains a memory leak in a routine that processes
news postings. Each time such a posting is processed that contains a
particular construction, the memory leak causes a small amount of
memory to no longer be available for use. If an attacker sent a large
number of posts, the server memory could be depleted to the point at
which normal service would be disrupted. An affected server could be
restored to normal service by rebooting

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms01-043.asp
Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nntp-service-in-windows-nt-4-0-and-windows-2000-contains-memory-leak-aug-14.50754/
Relevancy 32.25%

Tried to fit what I could in my topic so someone can help me or move me to the right forum 7 BSOD windows Laptop. failure, Windows now Memory & to wont go lol Okay here Windows 7 Laptop. Memory failure, BSOD & now wont go to windows is what happened My husband got me a brand new laptop windows Sony Viao VPCEH if that last part Windows 7 Laptop. Memory failure, BSOD & now wont go to windows means anything lol all was well for the first few weeks or so Then it started BSOD on me I have bull guard Windows 7 Laptop. Memory failure, BSOD & now wont go to windows antivirus amp it said all was well amp updated Few days later it would BSOD again no biggie restart amp it worked fine NOW a few days ago it started with this million screen error message thing saying something about not being able to store things on the hard drive amp something about system sorry I dont have the actual message this is a different computer BTW My laptop is running on it not not sure what those are but my husband said he thinks Quick time which I was trying to install at the time tried to change things to or something amp that is why it is all going nuts now My icons disappear from the desktop besides the recycle bin and my start menu is empty as well I was following directions from another thread on here who had similar problems installed amp ran that unhide program ran MB amp told it to fix the items found restarted amp all was well for a few days Now today it is back doing the same thing Only now I can not restore it repair it or start it in safemode at all Just gives me the BSOD I have pictures on there that I REALLY want to save if possible Tried to throw them on a disc when it would let me but it said I had way too many which I didnt so I couldnt save to disc or usb drive that was the last time I even SAW my files I am leaning towards this being a virus but at the same time I am not sure since it says memory issues oh amp I get a quot system fix quot type scanner thing that pops up amp claims I Have all these errors but yet to fix them I have to buy the program I can not exit out of the program just have to slide it away It usually pops up and then I get the million error quot rectangle quot type messages Any help for me lol TYIA for guiding me in the right direction lol Oh amp I do not have any discs for the PC except for the Repair one they had me make when I first got the laptop They told me to write quot Repair Disc Windows -bit quot on it so I did lol But that is all I have

A:Windows 7 Laptop. Memory failure, BSOD & now wont go to windows

Any ideas on saving my files at least?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428897/windows-7-laptop-memory-failure-bsod-now-wont-go-to-windows/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have the following problems Keep getting quot Windows Running Low on Virtual Memory Message Install Running XP Low Windows Memory on Windows After Virtual quot This is NOT a problem with Virtual memory as I ve tried changing the setting to quot system managed quot the size of my RAM etc I have just re-installed Windows Windows Running Low on Virtual Memory After Windows XP Install XP and I deleted the old partition and created new Windows Running Low on Virtual Memory After Windows XP Install one I did complete formatting with NTFS After my first boot into Windows I started getting the above message after a couple of hours of being up There are no services in the background that are causing this nothing loads at start up that would cause this it is some kind of setting driver hardware issue I have tried all of the typical solutions and none of them worked Once again the problem starts happening at the first boot up after install of Windows XP I ve had Windows XP before and never received this message with the same hardware originally this laptop came with Vista but installed XP by completely wiping everything and had XP working for a couple of years without any problems Recently I ve had to re-install recently and now keep getting the above message after a couple of hours of being up Shut-down takes - minutes Everything else works perfectly This must be some kind of issue with the install of Windows XP Any help would be appreciated please don t suggest doing the standard chckdisk running defragger increasing virtual memory size or getting more RAM I ve tried all that and again the problem starts occuring during the st boot after windows xp install I ve tried complete partitoning formatting and windows install twice with the exact same behavior Any advice would be appreciated Thanks

A:Windows Running Low on Virtual Memory After Windows XP Install

Please perform the following: Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330248/windows-running-low-on-virtual-memory-after-windows-xp-install/
Relevancy 32.25%

When I run the application of windows media player wihtout playing any video files, I test the memory usage in the following aspects: working set, pages files, virtual memory.

When I play the mp3 in the background and connect the internet in the foreground in the windows media player, the working set, pages files, virtual memory all increase.

Who can tell me why the virtual memroy increase?
why the page files increase?
why the working set increase?

Relevancy 31.39%

I have this problem:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)

The driver could not be loaded because a previous version of the driver is still in memory.

and now I am not able to connect any usb device to my laptop making it virtually impossible to use windows 10.
How do I downgrade to windows 7,have enough of the beta testing.
I even have a purchased version of windows 10 pro which I really regret buying, worst investment ever.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6070b9bf-bb9a-4579-80aa-b64b1241a77c/windows-cannot-load-the-device-driver-for-this-hardware-because-a-previous-instance-of-the-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 30.96%

Windows suddenly is goig to 90%+ even with little programs running.
I have 4 G of RAM, so I'm used to run Firefox, Chrome, Photoshop, Illustrator and many others at once.
I guess there's a memory leak somewhere, what can I do?

Edit: I forgot the screenshot.
ImageShack? - Online Photo and Video Hosting

A:Windows out of memory too soon

Post a screenshot of all the processes in Task Manager(Ctrl+Shift+Esc)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/152407-windows-out-memory-too-soon.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I am running a Gateway 1.1 gig with windows XP sp1 and 256 megs of ram with only 42 megs free. What is using SO much ram and is there a way I can safely turn off certain programs that auto-start on boot that I don't really need and if so, what are they and how can I tell which is which? Oh, I also am running Norton 2004 AV and ZoneAlarm Firewall and I have a slave drive partitioned into several different drives and one of them has Windows ME on it. Can that in any way be causing my problem ? I don't use the ME for anything, I just put it there when I upgraded to XP... just in case Thank's for any help y'all can give me. Chuck

A:Windows XP memory hog !

This may help http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_content.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-memory-hog.293088/
Relevancy 30.96%

ok silly question here. I just installed windows 7 64 bit (the real deal) and love it. I have a pentium quad q6 series, my current memory is G skill 1033, I have 4 gigs. My question is now that I am running 64 bit, would I loose performance if I added 4 more gigs of memory for a total of 8 gigs? IF the other 4 gigs are only running at 800 Mhz?
In other words eventhough I am adding 4 gigs, will that make up for the loss of FSB? thanx all

Relevancy 30.96%

My wife's computer is a Dell, OptiFlex GX60, with Windows XP. For awhile now, it's got a big "memory hog".

I've run all kinds of anti-viruses (AVG), Spybot, and AdAware, and none have found what's doing it.

It has expanded memory: 2046mb memory (DIMM A 1024mb, DIMM B 1024MB). It's possibly the slowest computer out there. Everything works fine, it's just terribly slow.

What would a good, logical approach be to finding out the identity of the "memory hog" is? Once I know what is going on, then I can probably get a fix for it.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys, so here is kind of the opposite of what usually people are asking for help to do..

but I bought 16 gigs or DDR3L Ram (which still isn't even that much in today's standard from what i've seen on some crazy hardcore machines..)
I can't get windows to use my memory more..

What are things I can do to make windows use memory??

-things like turning on AERO or all options in the personalize Visual (advanced settings) "adjust for best visuals"

A:Use my Memory Windows!! Use it!

Use more programs that are RAM hungry!

There's only so much RAM the OS itself needs, after that, extra RAM lets you multi-task more programs or use programs that require a hefty amount of RAM.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/69905-use-my-memory-windows-use.html
Relevancy 30.96%

So when my computer was made, it had 2 drives. My C: drive and my D: drive. My C: drive is an old drive with 55.7 GB of memory, while my D: drive has 1 TB. Now ofcourse thats plenty of memory. However, I don't know much about hardware and Im unsure how I can make is so my D: drive is where programs like Windows 10 are stored since I dont have room in C:. I understand it involves getting a screwdriver and swapping some wires to and from drives however I am concerned that if I make D: primary it wont work due to the fact D: doesnt have windows on it. Ofcourse I may be completely stupid and not understand a thing, but thats why Im here asking for help.

NOTE - I know this isnt really about Windows 10 but I have no idea where to put the thread.

A:Help me get memory for Windows 10

If its not windows 10 - what version of windows is it
If you change the IDs so that C: is the 1TB drive - you would need to re-install windows
it maybe possible to use a clone/image software - but other members would need to assist there

you could move all your USER ID folders onto the D: drive
and then just use the C: Drive for programs and windows - it maybe big enough

I would ONLY move the folders and NOT the user , as I know in Windows 8/8.1 that caused issues
But I suspect the majority of the space is used up in

Desktop
Documents
Music
Picture
Videos

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1964-users-folder-move-location-windows-10-a.html
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1964-users-folder-move-location-windows-10-a.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-get-memory-for-windows-10.1154198/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, i am using windows XP, can anyone help me to get rid of any unwanted programs and files to increase my PC speed??????

A:Windows XP I NEED MORE MEMORY!!!

Can you explain a bit more what issues you are experiencing and how much ram you have installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-i-need-more-memory.700972/
Relevancy 30.96%

What is the maximum memory that Windows 8 64-bit will recognize?

Clint

A:Windows 8 memory

512 GB of physical RAM for Pro, Enterprise.
128 GB for basic Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20253-windows-8-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have Win7 x64 installed and like it very much. I have a question. I have 5 gigs of RAM in my machine, but Windows reports 4 gigs as usable. Is this normal? is that meaning the OP system is taking a 1 gig for itself? I included a screenshot to help.

A:Windows 7 Memory

Welcome to SF.
Do you have a onboard video card? Cause if you do you might have 1gig shared video this option would be found inside your BIOS.
And can you fill out your Systems Specs in your UserCP with will help us answer your question.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/12966-windows-7-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, I have a problem at hand. Use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on a pc with quad-core 2.4, 4gb ram, until so good, but when I go in the properties panel, my windows says I have 4gb but I can only use 3.24 gb why does not he is using it?
thanks in advance!

A:windows 7 does not use any memory ram ... help!

Where are you seeing that you have a 64 bit machine and OS and are using only 3.24 gb of RAM?

Post a screen shot if you can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-does-not-use-any-memory-ram-help.1041940/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,

Below is a screenshot of my task manager. I have no idea why my machine does not use all of its RAM even though it knows the full 12GB are there, nor how long it has been doing this, but I think since I purchased the laptop.

It is running windows 8 and I have not updated to 8.1, could an update make any difference? I assume there may just be a setting somewhere but have no idea where

Any help is appreciated, and sorry if I missed any details.

A:Windows 8: Never uses all of my memory

I don't think one wants ALL the memory being used.
That might lead to a freeze up.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/57775-windows-8-never-uses-all-my-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I am trying to understand how to make windows 7 to read my 4 gig of memory I have installed. It tells me that 4 gig is installed but only using 2 gig. I don't understand why it says that 2.00 GB usable? Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks so much for any responces....

A:Windows 7 memory

I believe your operating system is 32-bits which supports up to 3.25 GB of memory. If you want to use all of 4 GB, you will have to do a clean install of 64-bits version of Windows 7 =)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/76149-windows-7-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello,

I just put in another 256MB of memory on my computer, it now has 320. My motherboard says it can take up tp 512MB.

My neighbour told me that windows 98 only recognizes 128MB even though in my system information it now says 320MB. Is he way off the mark or should have I bought less and saved some money? thank you.

A:memory for windows 98

Win 98 can handle 512 meg. When you get above that you need to change the vcache setting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-for-windows-98.51070/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have 3.5GB ram and with hard i can maintain 1.5gb free. If i play a game or do something that process a little the pc i get just 400mb free ram and that slow my pc the graphic of a game start to mess up.

Is there a way to have a good memory on x32 or i must upgrade it to x64?

CPU E8600
3.5GB RAM

A:Windows's 7 memory

There are a couple of things that you can do... Open up msconfig from a command prompt and check the startup tab .... disable everything that you dont need...I only run my antivirus and firewall ... Open up your task manager and check what process are running...some of these can also be ended, and free up more memory... Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69133-windowss-7-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

So I have a Laptop with 4gb of DDR2-800 SDRAM

I have done the winsat mem test and get a result of 3700 mb/s on average.

I also notice that my memory is never above 2gb used.

So whats the deal? is my system running the way it should be memory wise? Do allot of people use only half their memory? is 3700mb/s what is to be expected from my memory? Because I see ALLOT faster times from the memory assessment sticky post (I know that some of them are from monster systems and you cant compare...but 3700 seems slow compared to others.

A:Windows 7 and Memory

are you using 32-bit or 64-bit editions of Windows 7? For 4 GB of RAM then you need to be using 64-bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/16119-windows-7-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

How much memory dose Windows 7 allow for a program?
Can I get 3GB or more?
How is it different from XP Pro?

I am trying to resolve a high end CAD / CAM program running out of memory.
I have tried getting the 3GB Switch working on Windows XP pro but it will NOT work for this system. *See post below for info in interested.

I am willing and ready to upgrade to Windows 7 if this will help resolve the "out of memory wall"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ml#post2599313

A:Windows 7 & Memory

Win 7 32 bit will have the same limit, the 64 bit version will give you up to 4Gig per process> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-and-memory-462285.html
Relevancy 30.96%

What is the max amount of memory that Windows XP SP3 will use well? Like in some programs its said that only about 2 Gigs to 3 Gigs are properly used, is there any point to getting 4 Gigs?

A:Windows XP max Ram memory

Yes and no - well, actually it's maybe

Seriously, it all depends on how much RAM your system is using. If you're not maxing out the use of your RAM now, you won't be likely to see significant performance increases by adding more.

Each program has a 4 gB virtual address space assigned to it - this doesn't mean that it takes up 4 gB of RAM. It means that programs can only use 4 gB of virtual address space (and they don't have to use all of it). The Windows Memory Manager manages the Virtual Memory and swaps it in and out of physical memory according to it's own rules.

For example, in most computers with XP there are 40 or 50 processes running at any given time. Each of them has a virtual address space of 4 gB - and this is a whopping 1600 - 2000 gB of virtual address space. But they use much less than this, so the Windows Memory Manager can work quite well with only 1 or 2 gB of RAM and a windows managed pagefile of about 1.5 to 3 gB.

Another example is my system. I went from 32 bit Vista with 4 gB of RAM to 64 bit Vista with 4 gB of RAM and didn't notice any difference in performance. Then I went to 8 gB of RAM and still no performance increase. What I did get was the ability to play games while having 18 icons in my System Tray, 8 programs open in my Task Bar (to include Firefox with 22 tabs open, IE7 with 8 tabs open, 3 separate Virtual Machines (in Virtual PC 2007)). I've also got 70 processes showing in Task Manager - and I can still play games with acceptable performance.

If you've got 2 gB now that's the sweet spot for XP right now - but in the future, who knows what it'll be.
If your system specs allow you to upgrade to 4 gB it'd be a good hedge against the future - but don't expect any dramatic perfromance gains.

FWIW - most systems seem to be going to DDR3 now - so your investment in DDR2/DDR will likely only be good for this system's lifespan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188836/windows-xp-max-ram-memory/
Relevancy 30.96%

Ok on many forums it says for gaming it is better to use or gigs of ram but 7 bit memory 64 with Windows that is not what i am here to debate i need help finding exact memory sticks that Windows 7 64 bit with memory are compatible with my motherboard my motherboar manufacture answered a question of mine saying that my motherboard has slots ofmemory and the design is for each to work with the other so gig sticks would not run as smooth as all slots filled Therefore destroying my idea for gigs considering people say is not as good for gaming however i dont entirely believe that MOTHERBOARD EVGA NFORCE i sli mb rev d I currently have gig sticks of elpida ddr pc- - UDIMM mhz cl JEDEC STD Rev w i dont really understand what all that stuff means on memory except for its ddr mhz what does the rest of that mean CAn someone please help me find a link to memory that is compatible i don't know what to look for

A:Windows 7 64 bit with memory

Basically your motherboard can run DDR2 RAM of the following clock speeds:

DDR2 533/667/800/1200MHz

You are limited to DDR2 only, so if you plan on upgrading the RAM in your Motherboard, make sure that you get DDR2, not DDR3 or it will not work.

For example the Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5 2GB DDR2 RAM will run on your motherboard.

Hopefully that shed some light on what to look for, if not let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/154864-windows-7-64-bit-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a old Compaq NC8000 laptop (Intel Celeron, 1.6 Ghz) running Windows XP Pro with SP3. I upgraded the memory from 512M to 2G (two 1G cards). The BIOS recognizes the 2G of memory but Windows reports that only 512M is available. The computer accepts 2G of RAM max and Windows XP Pro is able to recognizes up to 4G of RAM.

How do I get Windows to recognize all the memory available??

Many thanks in advance!!

Relevancy 30.96%

hi my windows bit system is only seeing gb of the gb installed memory checking the Resource Monitor it says gb has been allocated to Hardware Reserved any idea how i can use all the memory i have already tried unchecking Maximum memory under msconfig boot advanced options without success below is my system properties i have flashed my system with the latest bios OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name SOLO-PC System Manufacturer System Manufacturer System Model IL Pro System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American of Windows memory 7 only 2.87 seeing 64 bit 4gb Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows Windows 7 64 bit seeing only 2.87 of 4gb memory system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Windows 7 64 bit seeing only 2.87 of 4gb memory United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name solo-PC solo Time Zone Pacific Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

When playing games on my laptop, i've been getting warnings that the game (Chivalry and Red Orchestra 2) Use to much memory and should be shut down. I have a Intel HD 4000 graphics and a Nvidia 720m cards in my laptop. Also with 8 GB's of RAM.

i've read alot of these problems on the internet and can't be able to find the fix anywhere. Does anyone know what's causing this issue because it's becoming pretty annoying?

A:Windows 8.1 Low Memory

Hello BesottedOrb, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Are you getting real low on hard drive space?

In addition, double check your page file settings to make sure that it is turned on and not set to low. It's best to allow the page file to be managed by the system instead of setting a size of your own though.

If the page file is turned off or set to low, this could give you low memory errors.

Virtual Memory Paging File - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/38082-windows-8-1-low-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a computer here that my sister's friend gave me. It's a Compaq Presario 4712 running Windows 95. Nothing with it... no recovery CD's, nothing.....I'm not sure how much memory it has (RAM) or even the processor speed.

When I boot it up I automatically get the option to start it in Safe Mode, etc. with a message that says "Windows has detected a registry/Configuration error - Choose Safe Mode to start Windows with a minimal set of drives...."

When I choose Safe Mode and press Enter, I get a message that says there is not enough memory to start Windows then it shuts down.

Is there anything I can do to wipe it clean and start over? ... or is it hopeless?

I've never done this before, but am learning.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello guys, i got a problem. I few days ago reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit into my pc becouse old one was ~2 years so it was full of trash and started to lag so i reinstalled windows, installed most imported for me programs like skype, chrome, player and that all for now, but in run werry slow, i checked a task manager ant see that from 4000mb i got only ~300MB free, while i runing chrome and player. So if you guys have some ideas how to fix it i will be werry thankfull!

I add photo of pc, and task manager. If need some more tell pls

Untitled - Paveiksl?lio per?i?ra.
Untitled1 - Paveiksl?lio per?i?ra.
Untitled2 - Paveiksl?lio per?i?ra.

I add it with image insert but it don't show so here is links for it.

A:Windows 7 using all available memory

Welcome to the forum.

A low value for "Free" memory is a good thing, zero being the optimum. The value you need to look at is "Available" and that is 1421 MB. While 64% usage on a 4 GB system may be somewhat high there are numerous legitimate reasons why this may be so. 64% usage on a 4 GB system is not going to be causing performance problems. It does not seem likely that your problem is memory related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375079-windows-7-using-all-available-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

"windows is low on memory please close the blank application to avoid file loss or windows needs to close this blank application"

quick question,i always get this message when multi taskin 6-8 application and playing 2 games while heroes of newerth is open,can i disable that system message?thanks in advance.

A:windows is low on memory

First, fill in your system specs, and what version and platform of Windows 7 you are using. We'll need that before we can even begin taking guesses.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/161372-windows-low-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I just bought a new Dell laptop with XP installed, and also a USB Flash Memory Key, hoping thereby to exchange files with my Dell Dimension desktop with Windows 98 (2nd edition) installed. The laptop recognises the MK, but the desktop tells me no driver is installed, and I can't seem to find or download a driver that will make it work. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks, Pablomar.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hello!
I have Windows 7 Professional x64 with 16GB of memory and 16GB more in cache, but when my memory usage reaches 10-11GB, then my applications display popups that I don't have any more memory and windows auto-disable aero. I have gtx 670 graphic card. Here's some screenshots:

Any idea???

A:Windows don't use all my memory

I see your cpu is 2% - so there is no big activity. 63% RAM usage in idle is too big , I think. Of course , it depends on how many background processes goes on. I have different machines with 2 , 4 and 8 Gb of RAM and Windows (7 ultimate) uses about 30% in idle. So check your services and see which are using more memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/251444-windows-dont-use-all-my-memory.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I was wondering how much RAM Windows XP home 32-bit supports?
At the moment I've got 1 GB, but I was thinking about increasing it to 2 or 3 GB.

A:Memory on Windows XP

the OS will keep reading the memory as you add it but the main thing you need to check is how much memory you motherboard takes and what the bios support some times you need to flash the bios but is far as i know the OS will take what ever you give it the highest i've seen is 16GB of 800 Mhz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-on-windows-xp.107110/
Relevancy 30.96%

I've had my laptop for over a year now and it's always been fine however, recently it's using 50% Ram of it's 4GB capacity. I've scanned for Virus' and also done a system restore to a point i knew it was definately knew it was working. Still no closer to fixing the problem myself. Any help will be appreciated. 64 Bit operating system.

A:Windows 7 using 50% Memory.

As you install more and more software, more crap runs in the background on startup.

The simplest way to reduce your RAM consumption off the bat of booting, is to toy around and disable useless software in MSConfig (hold windows key and tap "r", then type "msconfig").

Don't disable anything that looks important... or post what's in there back here, and we will help you decide.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-using-50-memory-640658.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have been getting this quot svchost exe - application error the instruction at quot x c quot referenced memory - svchost.exe at referenced instruction "0x00000000". memory error The at "0x7c923845" c... memory the application at quot x quot The memory could not be quot read quot quot quot error for a week now and it disables my system My browser firefox will becomes very unstable and takes me to vague websites when clicked on the google search links My system then pops the SVChost messages and when clicked to send those message to microsoft it will disable my system DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by krish at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise Disabled Updated A B B- C - -A svchost.exe - application error the instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory c... AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k eapsvcs svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k dot svc C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C PROGRAM FILES CARNIVAL VPN cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system enstart exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Rational ClearCase bin lockmgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise engineserver exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS system mfevtps exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system cccredmgr exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-AwareAdmin exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings krish Desktop dds scr C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att net uSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html mStart Page hxxp www att net uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp intranet uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll mRun HKCUSettings c sourch ql qlinstall exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun McAfeeUpdaterUI quot c program files mcafee common framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey mRun ShStatEXE quot c pr... Read more

A:svchost.exe - application error the instruction at "0x7c923845" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory c...

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________ One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwords where applicable.It would also be wise to contact those same financial institutions to appraise them of your situation.I highly suggest you take a look at the two links provided below:1. How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?2. When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.NEXT:Running TDSSKillerPlease read carefully and follow these steps. Download TDSSKiller and save it to yo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394746/svchostexe-application-error-the-instruction-at-0x7c923845-referenced-memory-at-0x00000000-the-memory-could-not-be-read/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi , just wondering , I have a 4GB laptop (dell inspiron n5010) with i3 350 processor and 500 GB HD ... lately I wanted to play the most recent GTA and what happened ? well the game booted but barely have i gone out of the first corner the whole background disappeared ... I went to my graphics settings and it says Generic PnP Monitor and Intel(R) HD Graphics
-Chip type Intel HD
-Dac type Internal
-Bios info : Intel Video BIOS
-Total Available graphics memory 1696 MB
-Dedicated Video Memory 64MB
-System Video memory 0MB
-shared system memory 1632MB

Is there any way to increase the Video memory on my laptop ?
I will add to it that in the Bios itself there are no options available for me to even lower it they are all kind of @locked@
I have been trying everything even updates from intel etc but not helping...

A:How to increase video memory in a shared memory system (Dell Inspiron n5010)

All you can do is max out your system memory, if it isn't maxed already. There might be an option in the laptops bios to increase the shared video memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-video-memory-in-a-shared-memory-system-dell-inspiron-n5010.166711/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi Everyone from Bleepingcomputer.com,

I am facing some issues with my laptop.

I always noticed my CPU, Memory, Physical Memory usage are running quite high.

Wonder is it normal for my computer?

I always feel the temperature is quite high and my fan keep running fast all the time even with just running some lite program. Sometimes my computer also turned to Blue Screen.

Please find the attachments to see my Task Manager. 

A:High CPU, Memory, Physical Memory Usage turn Bluescreen Problems

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603084/high-cpu-memory-physical-memory-usage-turn-bluescreen-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Is there a way to swap these values? default windows 8 drivers has 256 shared system memory but 0 dedicated video memory but after installing sis mirage 3+ drivers dedicated video memory has gone up to 256mb and shared system memory has gone low to 64mb. Editing sis drivers maybe? but how?

A:Swap Shared System Memory and Dedicated Video Memory values possible?

Shared memory is changed in the bios. Find the button to go into the bios and go under advanced or graphics, then look for video memory.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/8253-swap-shared-system-memory-dedicated-video-memory-values-possible.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I know the question is awkward. So hopefully, I can explain it.

Say that I have a 500 GB external hard drive. But as it turns out, there's only 465 GB according to it and my computer. Why isn't there 500 Gb, but rather only 465? This also applies to mp3 players like iPods.

Why is this?

Can I do something to get back the "hidden" memory?

A:Solved: Why is there never the full memory on external/flash memory hard drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-is-there-never-the-full-memory-on-external-flash-memory-hard-drives.794103/
Relevancy 30.53%

My windows xp 64 bit runs super slow after windows loading sign and it takes me 2 hrs to open up the desktop and transfer 6 images. I use 2 RAM's of 2gb (kingston DDR2). When I opened up BIOS, it showed 640k as base memory and 126m as extended memory.
There are no details under the computer title if I try to check the properties of computer or maybe it is just taking too much time to display. the desktop is fine, my computer still works but takes hours to do a simple task. it all started all of a sudden. Also I would like to know if 'unganged mode' is fine as it is displayed when the system boots. I tried to check another different RAM on the computer, but still no change, so I am confused regarding the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-shows-640k-base-memory-and-126m-extended-memory.183199/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I am helping my parents troubleshoot their trojan extreme causing slowness leak usage. or system Memory high memory and computers My feeling Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. is that they are both infected with the same virus trojan but I can find it or figure out what is going on The each have identical laptops and both are experience identical problems Both are running Avast and both systems are not turning up any discovered viruses or trojans during scans I am on the verge of completely refronting both of their laptops and am really hoping I can avoid having to do that I suspected that maybe they were both infected with poweliks but the below FRST shows at least Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. I think so that neither are infected with that trojan I am now thinking its a memory leak on some recent driver app update - but either trojan or memory leak I am not finding it Symptoms After a clean reboot within to hours both systems begin to get very sluggish both audio and video starts to skip and lag both mice bounce around like crazy when trying to move the pointer After about hours the laptops simply freeze to the point that they have to pull the Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. batteries to get them to shut off I had my Dad run FRST on his computer below are the results FRST Scan results FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Preston administrator on PRESTON-HP on - - Running from C Users Preston Favorites Downloads Loaded Profiles Preston Available profiles Preston Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved C Windows agent x exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkManager exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUserAgent exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Carbonite Inc www carbonite com C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x HP Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System LogonUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe Team Corporation C Program Files x Team Corporation Sync Sync exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewle... Read more

A:Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 - (No Name) - {D8278076-BC68-4484-9233-6E7F1628B56C} - No File
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {5B9BE58A-18FA-42E0-AE99-3A195251151F} URL = http://asksearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&src=kw&tb=WBV6&itbv=11.8.1.739&o=APN10787&locale=en_US&apn_uid=8A1A7B7D-8047-4141-B4B5-C82410EDB840&apn_ptnrs=^AVT&apn_dtid=^YYYYYY^YY^US&apn_dbr=ff_21.0&doi=2013-06-07&q={searchTerms}&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL = http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576055/memory-leak-or-trojan-causing-extreme-system-slowness-and-high-memory-usage/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi everyone I ve been having troubles with my MSi ge laptop from Memory in 8 leak (?) Windows time to time My processor is an Intel i - M GHz and I have GB RAM Here is a screenshot of the processes and performance tabs on my task manager The IMG-command is not working for Memory leak (?) in Windows 8 me Here is a link for my two screenshots http imgur com UsYAaOj FxbsPBt I m not experiencing this problem all the time - that s what I find weird I ve googled a lot and I see people having the same problems I m under the impression that this is not a Win problem Memory leak (?) in Windows 8 but rather an Intel or memory management problem In various threads on forums people are disabling a memory management tool called intellmem exe but I can t find anything similar in my services Here are some of the threads I ve been scowering http superuser com questions windows- -out-of-memory http www boards ie vbulletin showthread php t This obviously helps Samsung-users but how do I solve Memory leak (?) in Windows 8 this problem Be kind and request any other screenshots you d think to be helpful My memory uses from programs i e Skype Chrome Spotify Steam doesn t even add up to a fraction of the used memory Please help nbsp

A:Memory leak (?) in Windows 8

Can I bump this? After using poolmon and disabling ndu.sys, my computer started working fine again. Now it's back again. You guys have any tips?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-leak-in-windows-8.1095622/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello everyone!

Google Chrome browser, along with their extensions, are responsible for excessive memory consumption on Windows OS.

As the Chrome closing in management tasks, be observed a significant reduction in the use of memory (seen but not captured).

Using Windows Kit, Poolmon.exe, with open or closed Chrome the value of CM31 tag leak is pretty much the same, just over 80 million bytes.

CM31 relates to what?

Remembering my English is not the official language.

attachments:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579489/memory-leak-windows-8/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am having some issues getting my computer to operate. I came home to find the computer frozen with the Gateway Logo on. After several attempts to restart it finally got going then I got a blue screen which flashed and went away. Now I am getting a message that says "Windows Virtual Memory Too Low" Your system is low in virtual memory.....

The computer is very sluggish. Where do I need to start to figure out what is going on? We purchased a memory card a couple months ago and have not installed any additional software other than a Yahoo Trivial Pursuit game last night.

A:Windows Virtual Memory Too Low

The best solution is to get more memory. This way you don't need to be using the page file so much. That really slows down the performace as you are experiencing.

Can you give the basic hardware and software specs: Processor, Memory, Hard Drive, Operating System.

Another option is to let Windows manage the virtual memory. But again, the performance won't be as good as having more memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-virtual-memory-too-low.575254/
Relevancy 30.53%

The title about sums it up, but to avoid answers that don't answer the question, let me offer a few specifics.

I have 4gb installed but only 2.75 is usable.

I have a total of 1gb of video ram on my two video cards.

I am running 64bit Windows.

My board recognizes up to 8gb of ram (though i wonder if they ever sold 2gb strips of ddr that weren't buffered . . . they don't now at any rate)

The Max Memory button on msconfig is not clicked.

My motherboard doesn't seem to have any memory options available.

I know similar posts have been made, but nothing i've read seemed to match my specific problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:64bit Windows won't use all my memory

check to see if your board has the latest bios flash update available. you may also want to use Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic to make sure your ram is okay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64758-64bit-windows-wont-use-all-my-memory.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello, I have recently discovered that Windows 7 has no memory release function, which is why a lot of users still prefer Windows XP over Windows 7.

I have just experienced a couple BSoD while running a program that I found out eats up a lot of memory. With no memory release function, I acknowledge that I cannot keep this program on overnight.

My question, is there any reliable program (Microsoft certified or not) that you would open up and would clean up memory at the single click of the mouse? Or a program set up to automatically free up memory after certain time intervals?

Thank you in advance to whoever responds.

A:Windows 7 Memory Release

Try logging off, then log in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/156015-windows-7-memory-release.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Okay, so recently I had a problem with Windows 7 x64 only using 5Gb out of my 6Gb or RAM. I figured it out, and I'll show you what to do if you're having problems.

The first screenshot is what it looked like initially.

How to fix:

1) Go to start menu and search for "msconfig" and hit enter.

2) Go to the "Boot" tab and click on "Advanced Options".

3) Another menu should pop up. From there, you want to uncheck the box that says "Maximum memory"

4) It will ask you to restart your system. Restart it, and when it boots back up, it will use all your memory.

Look at the attachments for more help!

A:How to make Windows 7 x64 use ALL your Memory!

It would be interesting to understand the significance of both options. I'm very fuzzy on what the ramifications of either option are. Maybe somebody else has some insight?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/15751-how-make-windows-7-x64-use-all-your-memory.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello : I ran the windows memory diagnostic program and it found not errors but now the windows memory diagnostic icon is always displayed in the hidden icon area .. I can click on it but it will not do anything .. Ideas ??

Thnaks

A:windows memory diagnostic

Hello Total,

You might see if resetting the notification icons may help get rid of it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61719-windows-memory-diagnostic.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I pretty much only use my pc for gaming world of warcraft fps games and my question is how should I handle the virtual memory & Windows Memory 7 Virtual aspect for better gaming Currently the virtual memory is set to quot Automatically manage paging file for all drives quot Now is there a better or more precise setup to handle that for better performance for my gaming rig My setup Intel Core Quad Q GHZ Asus P KC Mobo Patriot PC - mhz gigs Windows 7 & Virtual Memory Western Digital SATA mb rpm GeForce GT MB Windows Ultimate bit Also on my hdd I have partitions solely for the os and for games movies mp etc My partition Windows 7 & Virtual Memory is gigs and has gigs free and my gaming partition has about gigs free For the paging file option should I leave that to automatic with what I have or is there a better option for optimal performance for gaming Or what about setting for both partitions Sorry Windows 7 & Virtual Memory for the noobieness just seeking some info and insight

A:Windows 7 & Virtual Memory

You should set paging file to twice your ram you have installed so you have 4gbs you should set it to min 8gb and max 10-12gb

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40900-windows-7-virtual-memory.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi everyone,

When I go to system propertise in Windows 7, I see 4.00 GB (3.87 GB usable). But when I go to task manager I see, Total 3966.

1st Question: Why is there a difference in size? Is this something to be conern about? If so, How do I fix it.

Second Problem: In system config under advance boot options, I set my cpu to 2 and i check the box for maximum memory and it shows up as 4096. However upon restart as requested, when I come back, the box is set to 0 again. Unless, I set it for to the total that is in task manager 3966. Then after restart, 3966 remains.

2nd Question: Why is this? And how can I fix it?

A:Windows 7 Memory Concern

1. Have a look into Resource Monitor > Memory tab. It will tell you what the few MBs that are not useable are actually used for - it is the first gray area on the left of the color bar.
2. There is nothing to be gained playing around with the boot option in msconfig. The CPU setting is for hardware testing only and buys you absolutely nothing. Same for the other settings - you cannot fool the system. RAM cannot be used twice (e.g. by the BIOS and by the OS).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/76198-windows-7-memory-concern.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello about two weeks ago I started to have a memory leak unfortunately right around the time wildstar came out Just leaving my computer idle the memory just keeps piling on to the point that if I leave it on over night and wake up the next morning it's idling at about usage 7 bad leak 64 Very windows bit memory and a constant ish on the cpu I figured it was a virus although I haven't gotten one in years so I ran malwarebytes and a couple of different antiviruses and nothing came up So I thought it was bad memory bought two new gb sticks and through them in and exact same thing happened even on gb it's now taking up gb of ram just idling and resource monitor shows that barely gb are actually being used The only odd thing I noticed is that svchost seemed to be taking up a ton but nowhere near that much Really unsure of what to do aside from system restoring but I would rather know Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit what this issue is and get it fixed then do that Any help at all would Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit be fantastic Below Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit is a link to pictures of my task manager and resource monitor imgur the simple image sharer imgur the simple image sharer

A:Very bad memory leak windows 7 64 bit

This may tell you where to look but I don't see a remedy. You may have to uninstall.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...en-since-beta/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335277-very-bad-memory-leak-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I ran a couple of memory diagnostics last night (Memtest86 & Windows), but the Windows test said that it would display the results after logging in...it didn't...at least nowhere that I can find. I assume that it should have created a log file...where would I find it?

A:Windows Memory Diagnostic

Memory Diagnostics Tool - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/155633-windows-memory-diagnostic.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi!

I have win7 x64 and 6 gb ram.
After windows starts I run everest and it says only 4,5 gb is free of the 6 gb memory.

My question is will windows free up memory if needed for applications or basically it uses only 4,5 out of 6

Thanks for your answers

A:Windows 7 64 bit memory question

4.5 free means that RAM is not being used right now - at least that is how I read it.

Go to Resource Monitor > Memory tab and snip the colored chart. Attach the picture with the paper clip to your post. Then we know what you have and can give you a better answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/131167-windows-7-64-bit-memory-question.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Just found out that my desktop that I've owned since '07 is x64 compatible (E6600 Intel Core 2 Duo...compatible right?). My question is that since it is 64bit, does that automatically mean that my computer (or BIOS) will accept up to 8 gigs of memory as well?

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 x64 + Memory

Quote:

does that automatically mean that my computer (or BIOS) will accept up to 8 gigs of memory as well?

No, it does not. The amount of memory that you can install dependent on your motherboard. Do you know what your motherboard model is?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-x64-memory-498295.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi there,

This is maybe the wrong section, but I did not know which one to pick:

I experience issues when I open directories with big HD movies in it (around 4-10GB). The media player loads fast (VLC, KMP, WMP) but the video never starts.
After 5-10 secs, my computer starts to run very slowly, I figured out that it was caused by page faults. Indeed, my memory usage goes from 10% to 97% (I have 4Gb, x64 WIN7) in 10secs.

Even though none of the process in the task manager shows a usage of 3.5Gb, I figured out that killing Explorer.exe releases the memory instantly.

This problem avoid me to play HD movies without killing explorer which is very anoying...

Does any one knows how can I deal with this issue?

Thank you!

Windows 7 x64
4GB Ram - Intel i5 3Ghz/core

A:Windows 7 memory leak?

What video codecs have you installed? That would be your problem most likely.
That or antivirus software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/106989-windows-7-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys!

I have been doing some research on google and some other sites still no luck. I have a Mac Pro computer with Windows 7 installed on it. I just installed Win 7 on it using the bootcamp option with Mac. It is only showing 1.99 GB of Ram useable out of 6GB. I am not aware of how I could get to the BIOS on the Mac, if there is one. I am a windows user but have tried the Mac world for a while so I'm blinded. Any help to fix this?

A:Windows 7 (On Mac Pro) Memory Unusable

32bit or 64bit Windows 7? What version of Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/93756-windows-7-mac-pro-memory-unusable.html
Relevancy 30.53%

A friend had an hp computer It is windows xp sp XP Memory?? on Windows SP1-Question I looked Windows XP SP1-Question on Memory?? it up on the HP site it is the HP Pavillion w It will hold a total of ram It comes with My two question actually are Can she put in just one stick of so it runs faster or does it have to be two sticks of each There is only Windows XP SP1-Question on Memory?? one slot filled with a now there are two slots total So can she put in one or does it have to be two s Second question is it is a SDRAM PC The ones I was looking at are costing per stick for Do you know Windows XP SP1-Question on Memory?? a place to get it cheaper than that and also does it have to be PC Could she have PC or I guess what is the best way to get the fastest speed with what she has to work with and where is a cheap but good place to buy it Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Hi I am running Windows nag 7 [SOLVED] memory low Windows bit Home Premium I have a whopping GB of RAM When my memory usage reaches Windows complains I am low on RAM and suggests closing programs I am clearly not low on RAM I still have a whole GB left bcause of GB is GB That's the same amount of RAM my old computer has in total This only happens if I leave Firefox running while playing a game such as Portal I know I could close the browser but I don't want to My page [SOLVED] Windows 7 low memory nag file is at least GB in size so it's not like [SOLVED] Windows 7 low memory nag there is no virtual memory for it to fall back on So my question is can I get Windows to stop nagging me about being quot [SOLVED] Windows 7 low memory nag low quot on memory when I am not or at least change the threshold to or something Windows needs to stop nagging me and take advantage of the virtual memory from time to time

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 low memory nag

Hi nice to see you 4gb is not huge in todays terms and not a 64bit system if your motherboard can handle more I would upgrade to 8gb

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-low-memory-nag-645701.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello there For a week or so now I have had to deal with my memory problem I have GB of memory and the process shows as quot System quot was taking nearly over GB or sometimes GB for an unknown reason but Leak) (Memory Windows 10 this only happened when I was on it for extensive periods I have now fixed that problem however there Windows 10 (Memory Leak) is still one more memory leak This memory leak however is not cause by a program i checked my process list and I saw Chrome taking the highest amount of memory being MB However when I go on my performance list I saw - GB leaving around MB - MB free but it is not a process taking the memory Can you please help me with this Images Processes Highest to lowest memory order Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Performance The graph showing memory usage Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet Also I have performed a scan with both Avira and Malwarebytes to see if they can detect and Viruses Trojans Cookies etc It had shown some viruses which has been Quarantined and cleared yet this problem is still occurring The following is what i have already used to fix my memory leak Disabling Superfetch exe via regeedit Setting the quot Start quot file in Systems to have a value of rather than via regedit

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-memory-leak-1056986.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi A friend has just landed me with their Sony Vaio laptop Running Window Home PremiumProcessor - Intel Core i CPU M GHZ GHZInstalled memory - GB Usable Bit operating system on startup it s running GB of physical memory so is painfully slow doing anything it s constantly freezing and Windows memory of using 2.6GB 7 problem needs a reboot Windows 7 using 2.6GB of memory problem I have a hijack this logfile if it s any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files x SONY PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exeC Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Program Files x SONY Marketing Tools MarketingTools exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x SONY ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exeG HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllF - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dllO - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - HKLM Run PMBVolumeWatcher C Program Files x Sony PMB PMBVolumeWatcher exeO - HKLM Run MarketingTools C Program Files x Sony Marketing Tools MarketingTools exeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ISBMgr exe quot C Program Files x Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exeO - HKLM Run Conime windir system conime exeO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run Qu... Read more

A:Windows 7 using 2.6GB of memory problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.AndPlease download Sophos Anti-rootkit & save it to your desktop.alternate download linkNote: If using the vendor's download site you will be asked to register with MySophos so an email containing an activation link can be sent to your email address.Be sure to print out and read the Sophos Anti-Rookit User Manual and Release Notes.Double-click sar_15_sfx.exe to begin the installation, read the license agreement and click Accept.Allow the default location of C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos Anti-Rootkit and click Install.A message will appear "Sophos Anti-Rootkit was successfully installed. Click 'yes' to start it now".Click Yes and allow the driver and its randomly named .tmp file (i.e. F.tmp) to load if asked.If the scan did not start automatically, make sure the following are checked:Running processesWindows RegistryLocal Hard DrivesClick Start scan.Sophos Anti-Rootkit will scan the selected areas and display any suspicious files in the upper panel.When the scan is complete, a pop-up screen will appear with "Rootkit Scan Results". Click OK to continue.Click on the suspicious file to display more information about it in the lower panel which also includes whether the item is recommended for removal.Files tagged as Removable: No are not marked for removal and cannot be removed.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (clean up recommended) are marked for removal by default.Files tagged as Removable: Yes (but clean up not recommended) are not marked for removal because Sophos did not recognize them. These files will require further investigation.Select only items recommended for removal, then click "Clean up checked items". You will be asked to confirm, click Yes.A pop up window will appear advising the cleanup will finish when you restart your computer. Click Restart Now.After reboot, a dialog box displays the files you selected for removal and the action taken.Click Empty list and then click Continue to re-scan your computer a second time to ensure everything was cleaned.When done, go to Start > Run and type or copy/paste: %temp%\sarscan.logThis should open the log from the rootkit scan. Please post this log ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/343939/windows-7-using-26gb-of-memory-problem/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have HP -D video memory windows and TU pcwhen windows was launced i upgraded windows to This all was working fine but one day i decided to play some games i used to play before I saw a message in every game about insufficient video memoryThen I checked display adapter properties it was saying nbsp Total available graphics windows and video memory memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp mbDedicated Video memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp mbSystem video memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp mbShared system memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp mbShould rolling back to windows will solve the problem PLS PLS PLS Reply meI know only you guys can help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/windows-and-video-memory/td-p/5798881
Relevancy 30.53%

I partitioned my hard drive on my macbook using bootcamp giving windows about 120 gb and mac 20gb. I now have decided to use mac more and would like to take some memory off windows and give it back to mac. Is this possible or do I need to format everything?? Thanks

A:How to get rid of some memory from windows and put it on my mac partition.?

1. Convert your Windows partition to NTFS, if it isn't already 2. Clone the partition (with Winclone) to an external drive 3. Using Boot Camp Assistant, delete the old Windows partition 4. Relaunch it and create a new, smaller partition (just make sure it isnt too small ) 5. Cancel the install when prompted (choose Quit and Install Later) 6. Restore the clone you made earlier to the new, smaller partition

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183296/how-to-get-rid-of-some-memory-from-windows-and-put-it-on-my-mac-partition/
Relevancy 30.53%

Long story short I tried to install Windows onto my new SSD drive but for some reason the installation CD told me I couldn t I Windows 7 BSOD- Memory? then tried to quot repair quot the startup of Windows Windows 7 BSOD- Memory? so that I can boot back into my old Windows on my older HD drive I put the CD in boot from disc wait for the installation to load and it goes to BSOD Here s the screen It mentions memory and video First I attempted to start the installation CD with each stick of RAM I have GB and none of them worked I can t try a different video card as I only have one and my motherboard has no onboard video I looked up this specific stop error at the end of the BSOD and found this thread on this site Similar Problem The error is a quot bsod stop x f quot In that thread they discovered it was malware So perhaps this all has nothing to do with my original SSD problem The way they diagnosed the problem being malware was they checked his quot C Windows Minidump for files with a DMP extension quot files I am not sure how to provide this to you I am unable to boot into windows because it either runs into a BSOD with the installation disc or it will restart continuously now that my startup has been erased when I attempted to install onto my SSD I am currently using a different computer I suppose I could hook up my HD to this computer and search Windows 7 BSOD- Memory? through it but if it s malware should I really be connecting it to other computers nbsp

Relevancy 30.53%

Recently a Pop up has been appearing daily on my Windows XP P.C. saying " Virtual Memory minimum too low. Your system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory page file, etc.

Due to this appearing I have carried out both a Clean-up and Defrag on my p.c. hoping this would solve the problem. However, this pop up is still appearing daily.

Does this mean I require to purchase a "larger memory". Apologies if this is the incorrect term but my p.c. knowledge is rather limited. I can get around and carry out very basics but that is all. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

A:Windows Virtual Memory

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436807/windows-virtual-memory/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all There have been quot Low on Memory quot error messages from Windows since about if I remember correctly However here we are in mid- and Windows is still 'Low on Memory' I know the difference between physical memory page file swap file commit paged non-paged etc Here lately I've had the 'Low on Memory' dialog box pop up several times with that message screenshot below It says Firefox is the culprit When I open Task Manager expecting to see that a memory leak has caused the message by Firefox not releasing memory all I see is that there is no indication whatsoever that there is a memory problem of any kind For example after this latest pop-up what I see is that I have GB of my GB of physical memory in use of GB total of physical page file s committed MB paged pool MB non-paged pool screenshot below Firefox is indeed the memory hog at MB with about tabs open but nowhere remotely near anything to cause a low memory alert Is anyone else having this problem or have a solution for the problem The standard advice was always the same in earlier years quot Buy more memory quot but that's hardly the case these days with GB standard and GB common Here is technical info if that helps anyone Windows on - Memory Low Firefox 10 see the problem -Windows Version Build -Firefox -EVGA Z FTW motherboard - GB x GB G Skill Ripjaws memory -Intel G Pentium OC to MHz - MB Windows recommended page file on C - MB Windows controlled swap file on C - MB page file on E Total of GB page file Thanks in advance for your help

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/60868-windows-10-low-memory-firefox.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I learned a long time back that for general business and internet applications, Windows XP ran well on 512 RAM. It ran even better on 768 and I could see almost no difference between 768 and 1 Gig.

So, here's the question. With all other things being equal, where is the spot (amount of RAM) in Windows 7 where it runs as well as XP did with 768?

I hope this question makes sense.

Relevancy 30.53%

We have a performance critical application a windows service that required accessing around GB of data frequently As a result we decided to put the GB data in the shared memory for fast performance consideration We Windows on Usage Memory 7 are using the createFileMapping and mapViewofFile APIs from Microsoft to do the job The system is running under windows nbsp We found that when the system is about to running out of memory our data file will be paged to the virtual memory and subsequent performance degrades We would like to know if there exists a way for our user application to acquire non-paging memory That mean we would like to acquire memory that will NOT page to the virtual memory And always keep at the physical memory Please provide the function call names and related sample source code nbsp In case our shared memory are paged out from the physical memory to virtual memory what is the appropriate way to detect Memory Usage on Windows 7 this because we would like to alert customer that memory paging occurred Please provide the function call names and related sample source code nbsp What kind of tools can we see the memory usage at shared memory For example how much shared memory is consumed by our application Is there any shared memory viewer available nbsp How should we interpret the standby and free memory diagram below We found that when free memory approach to zero our application performance will become slow While the available is MB standby free Why can t we acquire that standby memory What is the relationship between standby free memory and shared memory How can we check the available shared memory for acquire

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/46e46177-a567-43c4-afec-555932a4d62a/memory-usage-on-windows-7?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi all my computer motherboard has a max memory of 8gb. i install 12gb when i boot into windows 7 64bit it says 12gb. will the computer used all 12gb or only 8gb

A:memory showing in windows

If the motherboard only has a max of 8gb, then it will only use 8gb.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/244429-memory-showing-windows.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Memory limits; Windows 10 64 bit home vs windows 10 64 bit pro?

A:Windows 10 memory limits

Memory Limits for Windows and Windows Server Releases (Windows)

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39713-windows-10-memory-limits.html
Relevancy 30.53%

It's a 2GB flash drive. When I plugit in my laptop, says "Installing drivers" then installation succesfull then nothing, not showin it in computer no autoplay no nothin. Only way to locate it is to turn off hidden files and folders. Can't start any check for errors neither formatting, it says "Windows cannot access the disk" Here's a picture so if someone have any idea about the problem please hepl me.

A:USB memory won't open i windows

Try different USB ports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/106245-usb-memory-wont-open-i-windows.html
Relevancy 30.53%

is there a fix for this? i think i have to many programs but they must be spyware or adware any free removal tools u guys reccomend or any help with this if its not due to many programs running at once? i have always like 63 processes running and it always says my cpu usage is 69-100% it spikes every second or 2 but there is NOTHING running on my desktop so thiers hidden programs i think ill do a scan with the hijackthis software then post it to show you whats running in the background again thanks in advance sorry for asking so many questions im pretty much computer illiterate.

A:Windows Virtual Memory to Low

yeah, post the HJT log here. but i also recommend these 2 programs: "spybot S&D" and "adaware". if you google them you'll get the download links.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-virtual-memory-to-low.771391/