Windows Support Forum

Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

Q: Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah . I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:

Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager. Look for any yellow bubbles next to the devices. If you see any, right click on it and click install driver. Select the option to find the drivers yourself, the next screen should allow you to browse and navigate to that folder. If the drivers still don't install then go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in IE and get any hardware updates you can get. The MS bus driver might be an update you need to get.Click to expand...

I installed WinXP once more, installed SP2 and then the Sound Driver.
Again it didnt work.
(DAMMIT!)

Then I remembered that i actually had changed a sound card setting in the bios. (No i did not diasble the soundcard )

The case i have installed this Mboard in has a front pannel.
And the Mboard has a front panel connector.

To connect the front pannel I had turned to the manual to get the rigtht pins set up.
The manual states on page 2-31 that:
"The default setting for this connector is legacy AC'97 audio, if you want to use the High Definition (Azalia) audio features, set the AC97 & Azalia Link A in the BIOS to Azalia."

Well this case does not use a high-definition audio front panel, so of course i had diasbled the Azalia Link i Bios.
(It was enabled in the Bios even when the manual said that the default setting was AC'97, ow well ... )

For "fun" i just tried to put it back to the setting it was when i installed the Mboard (Azalia), and then, bingo, the sound card worked in windows.Click to expand...

seems like a very rare problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-bus-should-be-loaded-into-your-system-error.50870/
Relevancy 95.46%

im getting serious crashing issues with winxp home. my computer will lock up completey, and my moniter blinks off, the power to the cable will still be available, but theres no picture. if i press the reset button, instead of the power button, the computer will reboot still frozen. i have to completely shut the power off and turn it back on again. when i got the microsoft error screen asking if i should send error report or dont send, i clicked on the "see what data this error report contains" button. i got the following:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : EA0819FA BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : B961DC1B
BCP4 : 00000002 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

A:Microsoft Windows "The system has recovered from a serious error."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-windows-the-system-has-recovered-from-a-serious-error.387284/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 92.45%

help computer running slow ran windows care and didn't detect my Internets loading really slowly error running slow!!! internet help.computer cannot be of "page get loaded." the and websites that usually load in couple of seconds now taking a couple of help.computer running slow!!! internet get the error of "page cannot be loaded." minites or sometimes it doesn't even load get the error of quot page cannot be help.computer running slow!!! internet get the error of "page cannot be loaded." loaded alps pointing-device has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility c touchpad temp cannot install this hardware welcome to network diagnostics for windows xp Firefox can't find the server alps pointing-device has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp tell me why this testing is important comtiniuing your instatliation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future microsft strongly recomends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed windows logo testing c touchpad temp cannot install this hardware there was a problem installing this hardware an error occurred during the instation of the device the driver cannot because it is either not digitally signed in the appropriate manner contact your hardware vendor click finish to close the wizard Server not found welcome to network diagnostics for windows xp this tool helps you identify and fix connection problems with your home network for computers connected to the internet using a broadband modem cable or dsl view last diagnostic log Firefox can't find the server Check the address for typing errors such as ww example com instead of www example com If you are unable to load any pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web

A:help.computer running slow!!! internet get the error of "page cannot be loaded."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-computer-running-slow-internet-get-the-error-of-page-cannot-be-loaded-429871.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello there Recently I have encountered a number of rather disturbing problems with my Computer Windows XP With a number of programs such as CCleaner SuperAntiSpyware WinDS Pro MyDefrag etc etc I got Downloading Not Support Error: and Loaded" Floating "Runtime Severe Issues Point an Error R - floating point support not loaded Usually The Error either appeared when I start the program or when I do Severe Downloading Issues and "Runtime Error: Floating Point Support Not Loaded" something with the program For example CCleaner only got this Error after ending a system cleaning thus closing MyDefrag gets the problem all the time but it can Severe Downloading Issues and "Runtime Error: Floating Point Support Not Loaded" be ignored - the program works completely fine I tried several things to get rid of the error - checking my registry with different programs using a multitute of antivirus programs deinstalling and or reinstalling Microsoft Visual C reinstalling all the affected programs To no avail - nothing has helped in the least bit But while trying to figure this problem out I encountered another rather disturbing problem Some of my downloads just won t finish For example if I try to download CCleaner from ANY site no matter which the download will either always stop at the last missing bytes dropping to kbps and doing nothing or the download has kbps from the start I tried a number of things like restarting the computer cancelling the download and restarting it to no Severe Downloading Issues and "Runtime Error: Floating Point Support Not Loaded" avail once again The only thing that worked is Downloading a downloader for the program like it is always the case on softonic or the likes By downloading a downloader first it sometimes works and sometimes the downloader will seemingly get the same error I have encountered before already Well after quite some time of internet search I found absolutely nothing trying all the solutions I have found I have even deleted my hard drives and reinstalled windows - both errors persist I thought to myself a possible way may be to download a downloader through which I can run all of my downloads - this could solve a small part of the problem After reinstalling windows I also tried to download a certain game League of Legends Problem there is that I am unable to download the installer - so I used a different installer which I was able to download Then the patcher starts up however it also never gets finished Presumably at the step where it is trying to apply Adobe Air The problematic files are npswf dll webkit dll adobecp dll and AdobeAir dll So I tried to seperately download Adobe Air - and it did of course not work the download froze So far I have a few assumptions The downloads that freeze are not site-specefic but rather download-specefic If I try to download CCleaner it will freeze at the end no matter which site Same with a number of other programs like SuperAntiSpyware which I am also unable to download from virtually any site Only indirect downloads through download manager or the like work out Also as it seems that freezing-downloads problem also affects installers League of Legends patcher froze at the end the normal league of legends installer froze at the end a number of downloaders like softonic freeze at the end if I try to download one of these quot problematic quot programs Additionally it seems like the programs which are problematic to download or install are programs I have had errors with CCleaner MyDefrag SuperAntiSpyware etc etc All programs I had some problems with before I reinstalled windows - and I still have problems with them if I manage to download and install them They still give me the Floating Point Support Not Loaded-Error League of Legends too had some problems at around the time the Floating Point Support Not Loaded-Error appeared So as it seems the programs that are problematic to download are the ones which give me this ... Read more

A:Severe Downloading Issues and "Runtime Error: Floating Point Support Not Loaded"

The file npswf32.dll is for Flash, but my copy is named npswf32_11_6_602_180.dll & dated 3-12-2013

errors like "floating point support not loaded" are created in two ways:
1) the floating point library can not be found
2) the program attempting to load it is not the correct version for your hardware platform.

Your system integrity is questionable (ie likely to be infected), but I would first investigate the Eventlog using Eventvwr.msc and look for errors in the System Log.

Highly recommend you run SFC /SCANNOW (but you will need your install CD or to borrow one from a friend - - it must match your currently installed system).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/severe-downloading-issues-and-runtime-error-floating-point-support-not-loaded.191968/
Relevancy 91.16%

For about a week now, I haven't been able to open/run any programs on my Windows 7 laptop. Here is the timeline to the best of my memory:

- 6/11 (about): downloaded driver to fix scroll/touchpad that wasn't scrolling
- 6/20 (about): successfully replaced cpu fan
- "Bad Image - ...Loader.dll file missing" began appearing over and over
- All files/programs/shortcuts don't open. Just get same dll error
- 6/28: noticed "Windows 7 Build 7600, This copy of Windows is not genuine"
- Found 6-8 highly suspicious programs in Uninstall Programs (crossbrowser, cinestudio, speedsearch are the only ones I remember). We're most likely downloaded with touchpad driver. When I noticed the programs, I clicked Uninstall on all, but they were not uninstalled, but only removed from the list in Uninstall Programs.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

A:Repeating Error: "Bad Image.... Loaded.dll file contains an error"

(Also, I tried sfc /scannow. That found and fixed two problems. But the problem persists. I then tried a system restore. Only one previous restore date was shown as an option. When I tried to restore it, it was unsuccessful)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397908-repeating-error-bad-image-loaded-dll-file-contains-error.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi guys first off I haven t been here for help in years literally this was the first place I thought of because a few years ago many generous people helped me solve my problem this place is awesome Please pardon me as I am only decently literate with computers but try my best Ok I am trying to solve an annoying problem for my parent s computer My dad was typing a normal document in Microsoft Word OS is XP with System Pack and it is Word and he said that just yesterday for the first time after typing for maybe a half hour a window would pop up with a quot runtime error quot and it would freeze untill he clicked ok on it and it would then shut down loosing all his work that he didn t save So I got on the computer and opened Microsoft Word and was able to duplicate the problem time after time but not every single time When I simply open word then click to close Word the box appears and he verified it is the same box he saw It says exactly as follows no more no less and every time reads the same - Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE abnormal program termination So I tried to research it and came across a fix on Microsoft s support site saying remove something called COM Add-ins I did so by following each step removing the one COM add in i found and it did not resolve the problem at all It still errors out SO I grabbed the master disk and uninstalled Microsoft Word NOT the whole Office set just Word and re-installed it figuring that would definitely fix it for him nope Today I got a phone call at work that it is doing it again So when I checked his computer it is erroring again for me just as it did last night Arghh I hope I provided enough information Please let me know if any more is needed I almost forgot to add that I updated and ran Full System scans of Norton and Spybot and found nothing Thanks a ton ahead of time for your help guys Mike nbsp

A:Solved: Microsoft Word keeps throwing up "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" Error, Arghh!

First, welcome back!!! (although, vaguely, it's like seeing your cousin after many years at a funeral...nice to see you, sorry about the circumstances....)
Well, this isn't fun - the more I looked, the more "answers" and causes I found...
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Microsoft-Word-1058/Microsoft-Word-29.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835404
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555220
(I think you probably did what the above is about - COM add-ins)
and two that seem similar, but aren't the same (good ol' MS!)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259413/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us

Good luck and let us know if you get this fixed - and what did it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-word-keeps-throwing-up-microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-arghh.685900/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 86.43%

The subject message pops up any time I attempt to open my IE8 browser using Windows XP and set to my home page "ATT.Yahoo". When I click "OK" in the message, IE closes and tries to recover, but with the same results each time. I know
there is a method to reset IE9, but can't tell if it also pertains to IE8 since it can't be opened.

A:"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" "Runtime Error! Program: C:Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

Hi,
the first step in troubleshooting IE issues is to test in noAddons Mode.
toolbars.google.com - download and install the latest IE compatible version of the Google Toolbar.
for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the prompts for your windows and IE versions. thx.Rob^_^

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/809daad7-a7a3-4520-9af0-959d69ac8cb8/quotmicrosoft-visual-c-runtime-libraryquot-quotruntime-error-program-cprogram?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 86.43%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Anyone know what this means? It shows up twice at startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-bot-already-loaded.232554/
Relevancy 86%

I have Windows Ultimate x The other day I was afk while listening to loud music from my computer boot and freeze "LOADED at "Starting Windows" Windows ...\disk.sys" on Suddenly the speakers began screaming in a high pitch and when I got to my computer it had frozen I tried to reboot it but it simply froze at the Windows loading screen with the floating balls of light and the text quot Starting Windows quot I have also tried booting from the Windows Installation DVD but it freezes at the loading screen once again I then tried to use the Startup Repair Tool only to find Windows freezing at the loading screen again When trying to reboot in safe mode it freezes again just after having loaded quot disk sys quot These are the things I have tried so far - I have run memory tests using Memtest - I have run hard disk drive tests using SeaTools - No errors were found - I removed the sound card from the MB with same boot result EDIT - I have reset the BIOS - I booted with Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys" GB of RAM instead of my standard GB Anyone who can think of other things I should try

A:Windows freeze on boot at "Starting Windows" and "LOADED ...\disk.sys"

Suggest you run SFC. {Option 2}
You may need to run it at least 3 times.
Let us know the report at the end please.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210142-windows-freeze-boot-starting-windows-loaded-disk-sys.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I am hoping that someone can help me with what may be a complex question I have a spreadsheet similar Microsoft Solved: Values On Excel 2007 Spots Cell "Hot" Creating And "Cold" In Based to the demonstration file I have attached In it there are a range of columns One set of columns A - Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 D shows a list of numbers that are references to items in a store and it also shows their location in the store so it acts as a floor-plan The next column E lists those items again to show the dollar amount that those items have produced in total sales F So what I d like to do is to add a conditional formatting to show me the quot cold quot and quot hot quot spots on the floor-plan so I can see where sales are most concentrated I would assume that this would be done with a colour scale using the range of values in column F to work itself out Either way the figures in column F would change Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 weekly so the relevant cells in columns A - D would need to automatically change when Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007 they re matching cells in column E - F change I hope this makes sense as it s difficult to explain but any help that someone could provide would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Creating Cell "Cold" And "Hot" Spots Based On Values In Microsoft Excel 2007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-creating-cell-cold-and-hot-spots-based-on-values-in-microsoft-excel-2007.929647/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello

how can I delete "saved password" and "form data" of microsoft
edge manually ?!

after too much search in google ....

I trid to delete some value of the following registry address
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wek yb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\

also I tried to delete some files in the following folder
%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\

and finally I could not find the way ...!!!

please help !

A:delete "saved password" and "form data" from microsoft edge manually

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, go to settings (... dots from top right), click view Advanced settings and "Manage Saved Passwords".
HTH.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35630-delete-saved-password-form-data-microsoft-edge-manually.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I am getting problem whenever I?m trying to send Email using Microsoft outlook express 2007. I am getting this error message ?Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Error Number: 0x800CCC0F? please help me in resolving this error.

A:Why is this error coming "Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" in Microsoft Outlook Express continuously?

Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. I assume that you?ve ruled these out.

The problem may also occur if you have an antivirus e-mail protection utility enabled, which checks the mail as it comes in from your Post Office Protocol (POP) server. To test this, disable the antivirus e-mail protection utility as well as the Windows Firewall.

Another likely cause is that there is a message that is either too large or corrupt in some manner. Logon to your servers Webmail site and delete the offending message there.

For more advice, look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-this-error-coming-error-number-0x800ccc0f-in-microsoft-outlook-express-continuously.198792/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi i am new to this I am having this problem with a IE popup this few days What happen is whenever I restart my cpu before I can click on anything else these IE popups will appear A * *** Help popup Warning! IE Internet System Explorer" "* Microsoft needed! * popup appear Window title is quot System Warning Microsoft Internet Explorer quot and quot Warning Help needed! IE popup "* * * *** System Warning! Microsoft Internet Explorer" PC Update - Microsoft Internet Explorer quot I can leave my cpu on and it will keep popping up Can get over of the same windows though I am not browsing in fact not working with my cpu at all Don t know if this is created by the same problem that is when I am bhrowsing with IE I get redirected to http www yupsearch com search php very often I have got Ad-aware installed on my cpu but this time round it is not working to remove my problems completely Tried fixing with Spybot too But still problem of pop up exists Tried installing MSN toolbar hoping this will block popup but it will not work after cpu restarts Attached HijackThis log Hopes this helps you guys to advise me Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files AnalogX NetStat Live nsl exe C WINDOWS system UMonit K exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-us msnappau exe C Program Files POP Peeper POPPeeper exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE CalCheck exe C Program Files Network Wireless USB Adapter WlanMonitor exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE D My Installer spyware HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http searchmiracle com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sg yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchmiracle com sp php R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO no name - CAEFF - F - -B - D BD ABC - C WINDOWS EliteToolBar EliteToolBar version dll O - HKLM Run NetStat Live C Program Files AnalogX NetStat Live nsl exe O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run MSPY C WINDOWS System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNC O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Gene USB Monitor C WINDOWS system UMonit K exe O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files ... Read more

A:Help needed! IE popup "* * * *** System Warning! Microsoft Internet Explorer"

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?t=286363

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-needed-ie-popup-system-warning-microsoft-internet-explorer.286390/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have been running the software entitled WebResearch by Macropool on my Windows machine Home Premium -bit for quite a while with no problems Then about weeks ago it failed to start up and presented me with the following error message quot Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system quot In the days preceding this problem I had run the following on my computer BitDefender Antivirus TuneUpUtilities and SpeedUpMyPC I don't believe this last one made any changes as it was just the trial that demonstrates what the program could do if you purchase it I really would prefer not to do a System Restore because I spent hours hassling with installing a Roku box and messing with my router present Database "Microsoft Jet on broken your system" Module not or is over Christmas I don't want to go through all that again I'm hoping perhaps there may be an easier way to fix this problem "Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system" Everything else seems to be working just fine Just that one program won't start I would be most grateful for any recommendations on how to address this issue Gingerthreads

A:"Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system"

I've never seen the error message "Microsoft Jet Database Module is broken or not present on your system" before.

It appears that some others have not either -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic369681.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/...ur-system.html

Many Windows Updates came in ~ 2 weeks ago. See if Macropool has an updated version of WebResearch 3 available -

http://www.macropool.com/en/download..._features.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/microsoft-jet-database-module-is-broken-or-not-present-on-your-system-539287.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi i System Microsoft IE * Warning! needed! *** Explorer" [solved]Help popup Internet * "* am new to this I am having this problem with a IE popup this few days What happen is whenever I restart my cpu before I can click on anything else these IE popups will appear A popup appear Window title is quot System Warning Microsoft Internet Explorer quot and quot Warning PC Update - Microsoft Internet Explorer quot I can leave my cpu on and it will keep popping up Can get over of the same windows though I am not browsing in fact not working with my cpu at all Don t know if this is created by the same problem that is when I am bhrowsing with IE I get redirected to http www yupsearch com search php very often I have got Ad-aware installed on my cpu but this time round it is [solved]Help needed! IE popup "* * * *** System Warning! Microsoft Internet Explorer" not working to remove my problems completely Tried installing MSN toolbar hoping this will block popup but it will not work after cpu restarts Please advise on how I can remove the popups and the redirection problem Thanks and regards nbsp

A:[solved]Help needed! IE popup "* * * *** System Warning! Microsoft Internet Explorer"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-needed-ie-popup-system-warning-microsoft-internet-explorer.286363/
Relevancy 82.99%

In Word and Excel, when you type "2000", the program automatically changes it to "2001". I have tried changing the regional date system to .../yyyy, with no avail. I have many workstations, and this is the only one with the problem. I also tried re-installing the program, but nothing seems to work.

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi all,

Installed a DVDRW drive but comp crashed when installing some software and it stopped detecting my Primary Master and Slave drives. I've fiddled about with the Master and Slave configs and have managed to get it to detect my HD and DVDROM.

I've unplugged my DVDRW and my small HDD and am trying to get windows to load up.

After using FDISK /MBR an rebooting, I get "Missing Operating System".

Tried installing Windows XP after formatting, it seems to have installed but it's not loading.

Current config:

Slave: Pioneer DVDROM (not the DVDRW)
Master: Seagate 80GB (C: = 15GB) & (D: = 61GB).

D: has files on there that I'd like to recover. Too big to put on floppy.

I've run a search for similar problems and tried some of the solutions but no good. Any ideas? Thanks

Relevancy 82.56%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 81.7%

this problem. i run software on .Net. it can't access into database access. and have error. I reinstallded. but unsuccessful. please for i ask. what this error? what did it loss file of system?

A:i want ask error: "The microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0 provider is not registered on the local manchine"

What software are you running in .Net, and what version of Access are you suing ?

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/i-want-ask-error-the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-manchine.4063819/
Relevancy 81.7%

I just joined this forum today I found it while searching for help to fix the following error as displayed in the Event Log When I boot up I do get my desktop but the mouse is frozen OOBE" stopped error: 0xC000000D "Microsoft Client due Security to I turn the power off and back on and my system is functional However I get the following error messages in the event log each time Session quot Microsoft Security Client "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to error: 0xC000000D OOBE quot stopped due to the following error xC D The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Session quot "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to error: 0xC000000D Microsoft Security Client OOBE quot stopped due to the following error xC D Audit events have been dropped by the transport This has been going on for a while now In an attempt to fix using suggestions I found by Googling I have uninstalled Security Essentials run a registry cleanup re-started my system and reinstalled Security Essentials Removed the EppOobe etl file and rebooted Neither of these worked Attached is a zip file created by running the SF Diagnostic Tool exe Prior to creating this file I followed the instructions from this page Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD in order to be able to create a complete dump file I have also entered as much information as possible about my system configuration into my profile I can do some basic fixes but this issue has me totally stumped Please let me know if I did anything incorrectly so far and if you need additional information I would be most appreciative if a forum guru could help me fix this problem Thank heaps in advance

A:"Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to error: 0xC000000D

After I formatted my machine I constantly had this problem and error. For a while removing the EppOobe.etl file prior to shutdown and/or rebooting was the only fix. This morning my system BSOD'd mid-game due to this bloody file/program. Not to mention MSE has been the sole cause of every issue with my machine. I've since un-installed it and installed another virus scanner all together. So far so good!

Sorry I don't have a fix for you. But I suggest downloading something else entirely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275753-microsoft-security-client-oobe-stopped-due-error-0xc000000d.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Pictures taken with a digital camera and carrying the "name" of "IMG_####.JPG" can not be opened by nor inserted into MS Photo Editor. "Error Reading File" comes up.

Is there a way around this problem?

{redoak}

Relevancy 81.7%

I've been banging my head on this one for a couple of days and need some help! Recently I tried to open Word and for the first time since installation,the Wind.installer pops up for a sec or two followed by the error message,"Error 1606" Could not access network location. Not a new error I've learned. I did the usual trouble shooting searches through my favorite resources and confirmed it was going to involve a trip to the registry.Seems simple enough...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

Everything matched up except REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Recent ,so I created it and added it in. No joy!! All following keys were fine in the "Machine" area so.. I would very much appreciate any help on this one. Funny thing,my printer went offline at the same time .Couldn't reinstall that either.Then I remembered their interdependence.Just Realized Where I posted this.Sorry!

A:Microsoft Office Home/Student 2007 "Error 1606"

Quote:

APPLIES TO
Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9
Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft MapPoint 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Money 2005 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Access 2003
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2003 Standard Edition
Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Word 2000

Your version does not follow these guidelines.
You may have to download the latest .NET Framework or Visual Basic runtime environments.
There is a chance you may need to reinstall Windows.

-Edit: Try installing Service Pack 3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-office-home-student-2007-error-1606-a-385251.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I am unable to install windows 7 onto my computer. When going to custom in the installation menu and selecting the partition and then pressing ok/install the following error message comes up:

"setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. See the setup log files for more information."

I have tried deleting the partitions and formatting them and not formating them and many other things.
I have tried the microsoft solution which is to delete the partitions and to just install on that "unallocated space"

What can I do?

Many Thanks

A:Cannot install windows 7 "partition error" microsoft solution not work

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. (If an EFI BIOS you'll need to decide if you want UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS: if UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with, or enable Legacy BIOS or Compatibility Support Module to proceed with normal install.) Set DVD drive first to boot, HD second, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into Windows 7 installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10, or enter System Recovery Options to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target HD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt.You are creating the partition here for the purpose of marking it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/291266-cannot-install-windows-7-partition-error-microsoft-solution-not-work.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a Dell Precision M60 workstation, and currently use XP Pro SP2.

I replaced my hardrive earlier this year. After reinstalling all the software and updating everything, my computer ran very slow, and would freeze without an error message when using any office program.

I have contacted dell about this. They checked out my computer remotely and said everything was OK. Then they tried to run "detect and repair" for Office 2003. It took about 15 minutes to configure, then we got an error. The tech told me all he could recommend is to reinstall office. So I did. Same problem happening, and same error when I try to run detect and repair.

I don't know what to do next! Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Error when running "detect & repair" in Microsoft Office 2003

Welcome to TSF....

Go thru add/remove programs in control panel and find Microsoft office 2003 and click the change button then when asked run the repair option that is on the screen.

THe office 2003 disks are they original install disks from Microsoft?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-running-detect-and-repair-in-microsoft-office-2003-a-281296.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Windows crashes on startup -- a freeze in the "Starting Windows" screen. The Event Viewer shows this recurring error:

Administrative Event Viewer Error - Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

Searches give me this thread as the only one with something that might be a solution; however, the solution in that thread seems to be temporary, and the folder and file specified don't exist in my current install of Windows 7 and MSE.

Recommendations?

A:"Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped (...) error 0xC000000D

Hello PantsMasterson

Is this of any help to you - MSE OOBE Event Error - Fixed

If not maybe a reinstall of MSE is in order.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198185-microsoft-security-essentials-oobe-stopped-error-0xc000000d.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone, I'm new on here so I apologize if someone has brought this up, but does Microsoft have any plans to update Edge to where it can "Save as" or simply "Open" a file rather than just downloading everything to the Downloads folder? I wonder why they left it out; seems like a basic function to input. Thanks!

A:Microsoft Edge: "Save as" or "Open" features

It'll come as many have requested this. Wait for updates.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/377253-microsoft-edge-save-open-features.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

I get this error message all I Visual "Microsoft AOL message Library" use C++ when Runtime error the time including tonight quot Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library quot quot Runtime Error quot Program C Program Files America Online waol exe quot R quot quot - pure virtual function call quot The message pops up out of nowhere It has a red X in the corner I always get it when I'm using AOL I get the error message AOL freezes as well as magnifier which I usually have open When I click OK AOL closes and "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when I use AOL magnifier stays frozen I click control alt delete go to processes and end the task of waol exe Then magnifier usually goes back to normal I always lose everything that's open in AOL This is very frustrating I tried increasing the virtual memory but that obviously hasn't helped This actually happened a little while ago and I don't want to click OK because I would be losing some very important information that would be a huge hassle to redo Please can anyone help me I don't want this to happen anymore Thanks

A:"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" error message when I use AOL

welcome
first check for malware/virus infections
your internet access could be broken
i would also reinstall aol--
uninstall all versions from your add/remove software in the control panel first.
your account, screen names, and mail will still be there when your done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-visual-c-runtime-library-error-message-when-i-use-aol-102465.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Just re-discovered this forum Can anyone help I ve just bought the newest basic error: c++ runtime Keep "Microsoft visual library" getting Nero and Blu-ray HD-DVD Plug-in but when it tries to transcode videos I get an error below I ve searched the net and plenty of people get it in all sorts of different programmes on the PC There s even a MS hotfix for it but it only works for XP they sent me the link to do it Anyone know Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library" what I can do to prevent it as the software is currently useless and their tech support haven t responded for weeks the error that pops up Microsoft visual basic c runtime library Runtime Error program C location of the programmes exe file This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information any help would be greatly appreciated I m using Windows Vista Ultimate bit with all updates and Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library" my system spec is well above the minimum for the software on another forum I was told that uninstalling rebooting and then reinstalling my ATI drivers amp software will do it as that installs the Visual C stuff but it hasn t worked Last night I re-installed net framework with sp and I also downloaded amp installed C Runtime Keep getting error: "Microsoft visual basic c++ runtime library" Libraries from the MS site but it still doesn t work I m now completely stumped and getting desperate but really don t want to have to re-install Vista if I don t need to nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keep-getting-error-microsoft-visual-basic-c-runtime-library.669847/
Relevancy 81.7%

Feel free to move the thread if it's on the wrong section.

So, now when I start my computer, after some minutes I always get this error message:

I don't know where it's coming from. I checked my control panel and I didn't find anything related to bing installed there.

I'd like to know a way to make this message stop appearing. Can someone help me?

A:"Microsoft Bing Service has stopped working" (error)

Look in Programs and Features.

Uninstall items with Bing in the name.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/372571-microsoft-bing-service-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Vista SP Update quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e With Help from Microsoft Windows Vista SP Update quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e With Help from Microsoft is now availble effective There has been many outdated post on Error Code x e e and many tech forumns have attempted to apply those fixes for this undefined error code in relation to Windows Update SP and those outdated fixes DO NOT apply and several issues can cause this error code for many Windows Updates however the quot HOT FIX quot is in for Error Code x e e and is posted as below with other related task Vista from "Hot Update Microsoft Fix" With Code for 0x8e5e0147 7/06/09 Help Error SP2 as well that may also show the othere issues in Vista SP2 Update "Hot Fix" for Error Code 0x8e5e0147 With Help from Microsoft 7/06/09 relation to this Error Code in Windows Update for Future Update Error Code issues on Code x e e Tips and Tricks quot Hot Fix quot for Error Code x e e Posted in Techguy org First SAVE ALL FILES AND DOWNLOADS TO YOUR DESKTOP SO THEY CAN BE EASILY FOUND AND WHEN YOU COMPLETE THIS PROCESS CREATE A NEW FOLDER NAMED quot ERROR CODE X E E HOT FIX quot WITHOUT QUOTES SO YOU WILL HAVE A DEFINED TROUBLESHOOTING FIX IN THE FUTURE FOR THIS ERROR CODE The Following fix can also be done from the Microsoft site below automatically under Other related fixes to Error Code x e e BUT usually this has to be done Manually with a created batch file so lets begin Open Notepad and Create a New File Copy and Paste the following text as it appears into your Notepad net stop cryptsvc net stop wuauserv ren windir system catroot catroot old ren windir SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution old regsvr comcat dll s Regsvr Msxml dll s Regsvr Msxml dll s proxycfg -u Regsvr Msxml dll s regsvr shdoc dll s regsvr cdm dll s regsvr softpub dll s regsvr wintrust dll s regsvr initpki dll s regsvr dssenh dll s regsvr rsaenh dll s regsvr gpkcsp dll s regsvr sccbase dll s regsvr slbcsp dll s regsvr mssip dll s regsvr cryptdlg dll s regsvr wucltui dll s regsvr shdoc dll i s regsvr dssenh dll s regsvr rsaenh dll s regsvr gpkcsp dll s regsvr sccbase dll s regsvr slbcsp dll s regsvr asctrls ocx s regsvr wintrust dll s regsvr initpki dll s regsvr softpub dll s regsvr oleaut dll s regsvr shdocvw dll I s regsvr shdocvw dll s regsvr browseui dll s regsvr browseui dll I s regsvr msrating dll s regsvr mlang dll s regsvr hlink dll s regsvr mshtmled dll s regsvr urlmon dll s regsvr plugin ocx s regsvr sendmail dll s regsvr scrobj dll s regsvr mmefxe ocx s regsvr corpol dll s regsvr jscript dll s regsvr msxml dll s regsvr imgutil dll s regsvr thumbvw dll s regsvr cryptext dll s regsvr rsabase dll s regsvr inseng dll s regsvr iesetup dll i s regsvr cryptdlg dll s regsvr actxprxy dll s regsvr dispex dll s regsvr occache dll s regsvr occache dll i s regsvr iepeers dll s regsvr urlmon dll i s regsvr cdfview dll s regsvr webcheck dll s regsvr mobsync dll s regsvr pngfilt dll s regsvr licmgr dll s regsvr icmfilter dll s regsvr hhctrl ocx s regsvr inetcfg dll s regsvr tdc ocx s regsvr MSR C DLL s regsvr msident dll s regsvr msieftp dll s regsvr xmsconf ocx s regsvr ils dll s regsvr msoeacct dll s regsvr inetcomm dll s regsvr msdxm ocx s regsvr dxmasf dll s regsvr l codecx ax s regsvr acelpdec ax s regsvr mpg ds ax s regsvr voxmsdec ax s regsvr danim dll s regsvr Daxctle ocx s regsvr lmrt dll s regsvr datime dll s regsvr dxtrans dll s regsvr dxtmsft dll s regsvr WEBPOST DLL s regsvr WPWIZDLL DLL s regsvr POSTWPP DLL s regsvr CRSWPP DLL s regsvr FTPWPP DLL s regsvr FPWPP DLL s regsvr WUAPI DLL s regsvr wups dll S regsvr WUAUENG DLL s regsvr ATL DLL s regsvr WUCLTUI DLL s regsvr WUPS DLL s regsvr WUWEB DLL s regsvr wshom ocx s regsvr wshext dll s regsvr vbscript dll s regsvr scrrun dll mstinit exe setup s regsvr msnsspc dll SspcCreateSspiReg s regsvr msapsspc dll SspcCreateSspiReg s proxycfg amp d sc sdset wuauserv DA CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC SY A CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO BA A CCLCSWLOC... Read more

A:Vista SP2 Update "Hot Fix" for Error Code 0x8e5e0147 With Help from Microsoft 7/06/09

Impressive, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-sp2-update-hot-fix-for-error-code-0x8e5e0147-with-help-from-microsoft-7-06-09.841007/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I hope I'm not asking this for the millionth time here as I tried a search but am afraid it all just confused me more I believe my problem is related to the Dell all-in-one printer I 2.0 continue." Error to is .NET required "Microsoft Framework Version want to work with my Dell laptop Recently Windows updated and I now get this message again upon start up REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED Microsoft NET Framework Version is required to continue This software is available for free download at Microsoft Download Center I cannot remember how I fixed it before or if a "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue." Error general windows update fixed it but it's doing it again now I searched online and found this Microsoft "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue." Error Net Framework error message - Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads and I followed "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue." Error the instructions only as far as opening up the Windows Features window as I'm unsure what quot Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation quot and the other quot non-HTTP quot things are and what will happen or not happen if I successfully turn either or both on in an attempt to get that above error message to go away So basically I wanted to ask if there was an easy to understand answer somewhere as to how to fix the issue of that error message upon start up I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled but I continue to get that message I remember trying to look for the drivers online and only becoming more confused Just incredibly paranoid I'll change something on the computer and it won't start up because I depend on this computer for my masters thesis work at the moment Thanks and apologies if this has been answered before gt gt

A:"Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue." Error

Hiya pal and welcome to the forums

Did you install the .NET framework package from microsoft ?

You can get it here Download: Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Standalone Installer) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Download: .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220362-microsoft-net-framework-version-2-0-required-continue-error.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Windows XP would not boot in my wife's old computer off of her hard drive so I booted it off of my installation disk. I then instructed it to repair the windows already installed. When prompted I entered her key and it appeared to be completing the installation. I am presently trying to activate windows XP on my wife's computer by clicking Start > All Programs > Activate Windows but the activation window does not open and shortly there after I get the error message:"Microsoft Feeds Synchronization has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience" presumably preventing Windows XP activation. Even entering "oobe/msoobe /a" in the Run window does not launch the activation window which I once again presume is blocked by the error message.

A:Solved: "Microsoft Feeds Synchronization" error message prevents Windows XP activatio

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-feeds-synchronization-error-message-prevents-windows-xp-activatio.849828/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all,

I have a SONY VGN-SZ740N and I installed windows 7 32-bit.
When I want install VAIO? Launcher Software, says "This update can only run on Microsoft windows vista".
But I downloaded VAIO? Launcher Software for windows 7 32-bit.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks & best regards,
Nima

A:"This update can only run on Microsoft windows vista" error

try rightclicking on the program >> properties >> compatibility tab >> try running it in one of the vista modes

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/98108-update-can-only-run-microsoft-windows-vista-error.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Microsoft Word 2007 states "Microsoft Office Word Has Stopped Working" whenever i tried to open the  word file with following error:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Application Timestamp: 45428028
Fault Module Name: WINWORD.EXE
Fault Module Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Fault Module Timestamp: 45428028
Exception Code: 80000003
Exception Offset: 00057e87
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 761b
Additional Information 2: 761bb02383f0f05ad225973b43ea9f9d
Additional Information 3: c1cf
Additional Information 4: c1cf2a3aa0b029d3ecc0cf69286c1007

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1881505c-dcad-4e3b-8b49-8f8994359a41/error-quot-microsoft-word-has-stopped-workingquot?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 81.27%

I m trying to help my sister clean up her computer She s really not kept it up as Some has detected pop lot ups. and error" "Microsoft Trojans a of an found far as malware protection goes so I m wondering if anyone can take a look at this HijackThis log to at least START this process She can go to some websites but others just have to shut down due to an quot error quot She said when she s run scans they find quot trojan viruses quot and she deletes them but the problems still occur Anyway here s the HijackThis log Thank you to anyone who can check it out and give me pointers Logfile of Some Trojans found and a lot of "Microsoft has detected an error" pop ups. Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files KODAK KODAK Picture Transfer Software PTSsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C WINDOWS MMKeybd exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Netropa OSD exe C Program Files iConcepts Music Express MEAutoDetect exe C DOCUME Erica LOCALS Temp SPUVolumeWatcher exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System ImapiRox exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files AOL Companion companion exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Erica Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hotmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - D A E - A - f- A- B BF D - no file F - REG win ini load F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS System Userinit exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - A - B - -AC D-E F - C windows zavsmob dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar PowerSearch - E BD F- B D- E-D FF-ED A AD D - C PROGRA POWERS Toolbar pwrstraf dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll file missing O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll file missing O - To... Read more

A:Some Trojans found and a lot of "Microsoft has detected an error" pop ups.

I also ran the MBAM scan and here is the log after cleaning 747 infected files! (God bless whoever looks at this)

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.31
Database version: 1485
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

12/10/2008 6:57:17 PM
mbam-log-2008-12-10 (18-57-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 57131
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 65
Files Infected: 679

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{94072a85-0b58-4155-ac8d-e8599270179f} (Trojan.BHO.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{94072a85-0b58-4155-ac8d-e8599270179f} (Trojan.BHO.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\StartMenuLogOff (Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnSunday-July-24-2005-23-01-56 (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnSunday-July-24-2005-23-01-56\Cookies (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnSunday-July-24-2005-23-01-56\MRU (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnSunday-July-24-2005-23-12-30 (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09 (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\Cookies (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\MRU (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder10 (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder10\limewire (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder10\limewire\.NetworkShare (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder10\limewire\root (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder10\limewire\root\magnet10 (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder13 (Rogue.PCHealthPlan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC Health Plan\AntiSpyWare\History\RestoreHFixedOnTuesday-March-28-2006-22-26-09\SpyFolder13\conflict.1 (Rog... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-trojans-found-and-a-lot-of-microsoft-has-detected-an-error-pop-ups.778331/
Relevancy 81.27%

Got my computer back today "Your Security + Infected" "Internet 2010" problem System Is virus/malware Background Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can t open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem AM on Platform Windows XP "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem.889124/
Relevancy 81.27%

Got my computer back today Windows XP and my background is now all green with a black box in the middle saying quot Your System Is Infected etc quot Also a red circle with a white X in the task bar I can't open the task manager Can Anyone Help Downloaded HiJackThis My log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan "Internet Security System virus/malware "Your Infected" problem Background 2010" + Is saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe "Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system dlcqcoms exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Controls TFncKy exe C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C WINDOWS system dla DLACTRLW exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C WINDOWS system TPSBattM exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSServ exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system winupdate exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Corel Corel Photo Album MediaDetect exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files MP Player mp Player exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files InternetSecurity IS exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Intern... Read more

A:"Your System Is Infected" Background + "Internet Security 2010" virus/malware problem

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I'm afraid HijackThis no longer provides the information we require.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, as far as they possibly can, before posting for assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

If you have problems with any of the steps, simply move on to the next one and make a note of the problem in your reply.

Please note that the Security Forum is always busy, so I would ask for your patience while waiting for a reply - it may take a few days.

This thread will now be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/your-system-is-infected-background-internet-security-2010-virus-malware-problem-445923.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 80.84%

Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D    using win 7 64bit over and over BSOD
My event viewer has been coughing the error line above. It has lead to the feeling of a Carotid Artery leak of memory where my whole
system slowly stops working till BSOD. Windows Explorer just stops working then Death.
I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN MORE AND MORE, AND IT APPEARS TO BE A PROGRAM PROBLEM, ANYBODY ELSE HAVE THIS.
IT HAS COST ME 2 DAYS WORK NOW.
MIKE

A:Session "Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D using win 7 64bit over and over BSOD

Hi,

When does the issue begin to occur?

Since Windows system uses separated user mode and kernel mode memory space, stop errors are usually caused by kernel portion components, such as a hardware device,
third-party drivers, backup software or anti-virus services (buggy services).

Please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Boot the computer in
Clean Boot for a test.

2. Temporarily disable all unnecessary hardware devices in Device Manager, such as Modem, sound card or external device.

For detail steps, we can refer to the link below:

Device Clean Boot

3. Upgrade the virus definition, run antivirus program and perform a full scanning.

If the issue persists, please upload the minidump file (%systemroot%\minidump) to SkyDrive (
www.skydrive.live.com ), then share the link to me. I will be glad to assist you to analysis the data.

Thanks,
Novak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ce8f9d22-b5cc-4378-8e97-92d615030b5c/session-quotmicrosoft-security-essentials-oobequot-stopped-due-to-the-following-error?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 80.84%

Good Morning I would like to introduce "Incomplete" NO DESKTOP Files ? up & RESTORE Temp after "Strange" & SYSTEM booting ? myself I am new to the forum Should I address an issue inappropriately kindly alert me Most recently I have experienced multiple PC issues Recently I performed a System Recovery and encountered the following Cannot perform a SYSTEM RESTORE The message is Restoration Incomplete Your computer cannot be restored quot When I booted up this morning and DID NOT HAVE A DESKTOP The screen was blank no Icons The items below are APPEARING IN MY TEMP FOLDER and are located at C DOCUME COMPAQ LOCALS Temp a tmp plus similar numbers b IswTmp c msohtmlclip d msohtmlclip I delete the above items through safe mode but they re-appear I am MOST CONCERNED ABOUT Items amp SYSTEM SPECIFICATION DESKTOP PC Windows XP SP HP Compaq Presario - Media Center Edition AMD Athlon m Processor X -Based PC - -bit package MOTHERBOARD Chipset - ATI RADEON XPRESS CHIPSET Version Build Processor If someone would give me some feedback I would appreciate it tremendously THANKS IN ADVANCE Kind regards AJ

A:NO DESKTOP after booting up & SYSTEM RESTORE "Incomplete" & "Strange" Temp Files

Usually when the machine has a "blank" desktop, the boot/startup process has been interupted or is frozen to before Explorer is launched.

You can launch Explorer manually be navigating C:\Windows and double-clicking "Explorer".

If successful, do the following:

Start>Run>(type) "msconfig" and turn off all non-MS services and all startups.

Then, Start>Run>(type) "cmd", and at the command prompt type "chkdsk /f" and schedule a chkdsk to run on next reboot.

Reboot system and report results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-desktop-after-booting-up-and-system-restore-incomplete-and-strange-temp-files-516065.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

The light weight gateway is being installed on windows Microsoft error light ATA with 0x80070643" with install fails gateway failed weight code "installation server R sp domain controller Verbose logging started nbsp nbsp Build type Microsoft ATA light weight gateway install fails with "installation failed with error code 0x80070643" SHIP UNICODE nbsp Calling process C Users adintg AppData Local Temp D F BE- D - AB -A - DA AA be Microsoft ATA Gateway Setup exe MSI s B Executing op ProductPublishClient MSI s B Executing op SourceListRegisterLastUsed SourceProduct A E -B - D A- F- B B A LastUsedSource C ProgramData Package Cache A E -B - D A- F- B B A v MSI s B Entering CMsiConfigurationManager SetLastUsedSource MSI s B Specifed source is already in a list MSI s B User policy value 'SearchOrder' is 'nmu' MSI s B Adding new sources is allowed MSI s B Set LastUsedSource to C ProgramData Package Cache A E -B - D A- F- B B A v MSI s B Set LastUsedType to n MSI s B Set LastUsedIndex to MSI s B Executing op End Checksum ProgressTotalHDWord ProgressTotalLDWord MSI s B Doing action RemoveExistingProducts MSI s B Note nbsp ActionText nbsp Action ended InstallExecute Return value MSI s B Note nbsp Error nbsp MSI s B Note nbsp Error SELECT Message FROM Error WHERE Error nbsp Action start RemoveExistingProducts MSI s B Note nbsp Error nbsp MSI s B Note nbsp Error SELECT Message FROM Error WHERE Error nbsp MSI s B Note nbsp Error nbsp MSI s B Note nbsp Error SELECT Message FROM Error WHERE Error nbsp MSI s B Note nbsp Error nbsp MSI s B Note nbsp Error SELECT Message FROM Error WHERE Error nbsp MSI s B Doing action InstallFinalize MSI s B Note nbsp ActionText nbsp Action ended RemoveExistingProducts Return value MSI s B User policy value 'DisableRollback' is MSI s B Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is Action start InstallFinalize MSI s B Note nbsp MSI s B No System Restore sequence number for this installation MSI s B Unlocking Server MSI s B PROPERTY CHANGE Deleting UpdateStarted property Its current value is ' ' MSI s B Doing action InstallFinalizeCustomAction MSI s B Note nbsp ActionText nbsp Action ended InstallFinalize Return value MSI s C Invoking remote custom action DLL C Windows Installer MSI CDD tmp Entrypoint InstallFinalize Action start InstallFinalizeCustomAction SFXCA Extracting custom action to temporary directory C Windows Installer MSI CDD tmp- SFXCA Binding to CLR version v Calling custom action Microsoft Tri Gateway Deployment Package Actions Microsoft Tri Gateway Deployment Package Actions CustomActions InstallFinalize - - nbsp Debug CustomActions InstallFinalize started - - nbsp Debug DataCollectorSetActions DataCollectorSetActions Uninstall failed exception System IO DirectoryNotFoundException The system cannot find the path specified Exception from HRESULT x nbsp nbsp at PlaLibrary IDataCollectorSet Query String name String Server nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils DataCollectorSet IsExists String name nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Tri Deployment Package Actions DataCollectorSetActions Uninstall String name Exception thrown by custom action System Reflection TargetInvocationException Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation --- gt System IO DirectoryNotFoundException The system cannot find the path specified Exception from HRESULT x nbsp nbsp at PlaLibrary IDataCollectorSet Commit String name String Server CommitMode mode nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Tri Infrastructure Utils DataCollectorSet Create String name String configurationFilePath nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Tri Deployment Package Actions DataCollectorSetActions Install String installationPath String name IReadOnlyCollection performanceCounterCategoryNames IReadOnlyCollection processNames nbsp nbsp at Microsoft Tri Gateway Deployment Package Actions CustomActions InstallFinalize Session session nbsp nbsp --- End of inner exception stack trace --- nbsp nbsp at System RuntimeMethodHandle InvokeMethod Object target Object argum... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fe37ea9-c749-4b8a-b7ef-4a65b6209f8f/microsoft-ata-light-weight-gateway-install-fails-with-quotinstallation-failed-with-error-code?forum=mata
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I am using Windows Vista.
Office 2010 purchased.
I can not recall my emails. The message I'm getting is "The attempted operation failed. An object could not be found".

Hosting Exchange and I checked with the hosting co. who says they support the functionality. Quote: This function is a default feature from Microsoft. All features that Microsoft has enabled by default are enabled by us, the default settings aren't changed
by us."

How to fix it?

Thank you in advance for any information :)

Regards,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0669ff45-afa7-45cd-89cb-612c60260359/recall-feature-in-microsoft-outlook-2010-error-quotthe-attempted-operation-failed-an-object-could?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello!

When I open a .mpp file on Project, the program opens but no project appears...

You'll understand better on this printscreen:

It seems that MS Project thinks it's opened... but I can't see it

Any help ??

A:Microsoft Project Opening "error"

Have you tried clicking into the message to check/change the task mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/262550-microsoft-project-opening-error.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Dear Experts,

I have created windows image on Drive F: but delete it after some time manually due to some space prob.
But while backup shows about 40 GB only few GB space got free after deletion. When i try to again take the the backup using windows 7 backup & restore option, its still shows 35 Gb of System Image in drive F: when i brows the Manage Disc Space option but i cant find it on the same drive. (Plz see attached pic)
Plz help me to locate this and delete the same.

Thanks

A:Cant find "System Image" of 36 GB but its shows on "Manage Disc Space"

Hello sattyaji, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It may still be showing if the system image was created as part of a Windows backup. Using the tutorial below to reset Windows Backup should clear it for you, but you will need to set up your backup again afterwards.

Backup User and System Files - Reset to Default Configuration

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/284067-cant-find-system-image-36-gb-but-its-shows-manage-disc-space.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been getting these quot Bad Pool Header quot and quot System Service Exception quot BSODs for about a day now the quot Bad Pool Header quot one tends to pop up more often then the other btw I ran a registry cleaner which didn't work and ran memtest this morning and it showed that my memory was fine The BSODs tend to occur more often when I am playing a game or running some program that uses a bit more memory but it also happens when I am just on the internet On the other hand last night I did nothing but surf YouTube for hours and didn't get a BSOD at all However since then I haven't been able to do anything for more than minutes without being in safe mode without it crashing and this morning it completely froze until I turned it off My OS is Windows Random Service Exception" "Bad Pool BSODs "System and Header" Home Premium bit It came preinstalled from the manufacturer and unfortunately I do not have the install disc The entire laptop is less than years old and there have been no major hardware changes and I have never reinstalled the OS

A:Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs

UPDATE: Another BSOD just happened after I left the computer idle for a couple of hours except this one said something about Asdsm.sys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bad-pool-header-and-system-service-exception-bsods-640978.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been getting these quot Bad Pool Header quot and quot System Service Exception quot BSODs for about a day now the quot Bad Pool BSODs Service Pool Random "System and Exception" Header" "Bad Header quot one tends to pop up more often then the other btw I ran a registry cleaner which didn't work and ran memtest this morning and it showed that my memory was fine The BSODs tend to occur more often when I am Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs playing a game or running some program that uses a bit more memory but it also happens when I am just on the internet On the other hand last night I did nothing but surf YouTube for hours and didn't get a BSOD at all However since then I haven't been able to do anything for more than minutes without being Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs in safe mode without it crashing and this morning it completely froze until I turned it off My OS is Windows Home Premium bit It came preinstalled from the manufacturer and unfortunately I do not have the install disc The entire laptop is less than years old and there have been no major hardware changes and I have never reinstalled the OS

A:Random "Bad Pool Header" and "System Service Exception" BSODs

UPDATE: Another BSOD just happened after I left the computer idle for a couple of hours except this one said something about Asdsm.sys.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224813-random-bad-pool-header-system-service-exception-bsods.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Using "System Performance" DCS reports some events are lost. To fix it, I need to increase buffer size but I can't do it because all parameters are disabled. 
When I create custom DCS with same trace (based on "Windows Kernel Trace" provider) I increase num of buffers and everything works fine.
How can I change it for "System Performance"?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4fefd1b3-0229-4374-8691-6a3d594dc3ea/increase-buffer-size-for-quotnt-kernelquot-trace-in-quotsystem-performancequot-dcs?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 80.41%

hi every body
My PC has lots of files called "Thumbs.db" & "System volume information" in all its drives.I cant delete these files and I think the cause of shutting my pc down automatically and showing blue screen is these files.the operating system is win xp/sp2.
I don't know what to do with these and what anti virus will delete them.please help me.
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-that-has-files-called-thumbs-db-system-volum-information.970177/
Relevancy 80.41%

First off thank you for any assistance in advance Problem quot System Alert quot balloon in tray icon that will not go away and redirects me in IE to hxxp www virprotect com aff Using SpyBot Search amp Destroy and Ad-Aware SE I seem to have gotten rid of the problem of the Directs Trying Alert" That Balloon To "virprotect.com" Remove [SOLVED] To "System redirection of my home page as well as removed the trojan that caused all of this in the first place I think The pesky balloon however remains All pre-steps your forum recommeded have been completed Below are the logs your forum requests in advance please note that my DSS quot extra quot log file is attached PANDA ACTIVESCAN Incident Status Location Potentially unwanted tool application myglobalsearch Not disinfected c program files MyGlobalSearch Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected [SOLVED] Trying To Remove "System Alert" Balloon That Directs To "virprotect.com" C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Cookies compaq owner atdmt txt Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Cookies compaq owner tribalfusion txt Hacktool HackTool KillProcWin A Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Local Settings Application Data Wildtangent Cdacache E dat simple killw exe Potentially unwanted tool Application KillApp B Not disinfected C hp bin KillIt exe Spyware Spyware PeoplePC Not disinfected C Program Files Online Services PeoplePC ISP Dll RAS DLL DSS MAIN Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Compaq Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Configured easy Internet sign-up - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system hpzipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Apache Tomcat webapps Toolbox StatusClient StatusClient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox Javasoft JRE bin javaw exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Co... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Trying To Remove "System Alert" Balloon That Directs To "virprotect.com"

Download SDFix from here and save it to your desktop.

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer

After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.

In Safe Mode, right click the SDFix.zip folder and choose Extract All,
Open the extracted folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
Type Y to begin the script.

It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
Press any Key and it will restart the PC.

Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.
When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).

Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum.

=========================================

This will help to identify malware on your system.
Please download Combofix from any of these locations:

Here
or
Here

Save ComboFix to the desktop and please ensure that you disable realtime security/virus programs that monitors your PC while CF is running.

1. Double click on combo.exe & follow the prompts.
2. When finished, it will produce a logfile located at C:\ComboFix.txt.
3. Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply with a new hijackthis log. Do not use Code or html unless asked for.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to stall/hang.

Caution...Never run and remove files using ComboFix without being supervised by a security analyst.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-trying-to-remove-system-alert-balloon-that-directs-to-virprotect-com-207199.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Which one should I do? I originally wanted to just do "Return computer to factory condition" but Theog just suggested "Use A System Image Created Earlier." I have no idea what to do. So confusing!

A:"Return computer to factory condition" or "Use A System Image Crea..."

Hello M4TE and welcome to Seven Forums. Sorry for the delay in responding but I just came across your question.

Most newer manufactured computers have a hidden recovery partition on the hard drive. The manufacturer provides specific instructions on how to access that partition in case you want to restore your machine to the exact condition it was in when it left the factory. That means you'd have to go through the time consuming process of cleaning out factory bloatware (like free trials of programs you'll never need), installing programs you do need, updating everything, creating your personal settings, etc. Here is a general idea of how to access the hidden recovery partition.

HP Recovery From Partition

Let's say it took you a day or two to set up your machine to your liking using the hidden recovery partition. A System Image is like a snapshot of your entire hard drive. It will include everything from the operating system to all your programs, files, photos, music, all updates ... everything. Most folks keep it on a separate external hard drive. Let's say a week later you get a virus or your machine crashes for some reason. You can use that System Image to return your machine to the exact condition it was in when you made the image. Usually takes about 30 minutes or so and you're back in business. It's a lot faster and more convenient to only worry about a week of updates compared to probably months with the hidden recovery partition. The newer a System Image is the less you have to worry about.

But one caution: since a System Image is, for all purposes, an exact duplicate of the hard drive, it will also include any malware that may be on the machine. So if in doubt, it might be best to use the hidden recovery partition to start off with a clean slate and then make a System Image immediately following all customizing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/185899-return-computer-factory-condition-use-system-image-crea.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Whenever I insert my Windows 7 setup disk, and boot from it, and I choose Repair your Windows, the following error message appears, and of course I can't use the recovery tools: "The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI Entry" What's the cause of this? I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows xp pro @ Dual Boot, but that has nothing to do with it, because when I try this on a virtual machine, the same message appears, and recovery tools are not working. I'm looking forward to a solution if there is one.

A:"The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI Entry"

If you make yourself a System Repair Disc and BOOT from same, does the problem still occur?

Startup Repair

System Recovery Options

Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/104410-resource-loader-cache-doesnt-have-loaded-mui-entry.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Last night my laptop started doing an automatic Windows 7 update. This morning I cannot log on -- when I type in my password, I get an error message that says "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Any ideas?

A:"User profile cannot be loaded" message after automatic update

For both Vista and 7

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/111625-user-profile-cannot-loaded-message-after-automatic-update.html
Relevancy 80.41%

quot The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry quot I get this error every time I try to install or loaded resource "The cache loader doesn't have entry" MUI update just about anything I had this same problem a while back and couldn't find any answers so I called DELL and paid for them to fix it because this is my business computer and I needed to install something right away I just chalked it up to the price I have to pay for my LACK of computer skills It worked fine for several months but now it's happening again and I don't want to pay for it again I would like to try the quoted fix but I have no idea what quot that user control THINGY quot is or how to turn it off BTW my OS is Vista bit and I have McAfee Security Center installed Originally Posted by John Doty Steve I turned off that user program control thingy rebooted with it off then turned it on again and "The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry" the error went away Apparently windows "The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry" rebuilt some file and fixed itself Of course this was AFTER I had removed norton and bought zonealarm Anyway no more error Thanks so much for replying to this Your response gave me some good ideas John Any help would be appreciated Thanks J

A:"The resource loader cache doesn't have loaded MUI entry"

Hello XPRESS,
Is this what you are looking for ?.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

User Account Control (UAC)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262251-resource-loader-cache-doesnt-have-loaded-mui-entry.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 80.41%

im not sure why windows vista is doing this error how can i fix it The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" the memory could not be written'

there shouldnt be any reason it has happening on several applications from games to ie fire fox has done it as well if u can help i would be ever so gratefull

A:vista The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" error

Hi, let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-the-application-error-0x7c919af2-referenced-memory-ae-0x00000010-error.1113925/
Relevancy 79.98%

Many people have posted about Event 2 - Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035.  I have not seen any posts where someone from Microsoft explained why this event occurs, why it occurs
in groups of 20 in about 10 seconds, how to prevent it, or whether it is something to be lived with.
Can anyone, especially someone from the NTdebugging team, a/k/a Global Escalation Services (GES), address this?
Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c28d02c-184b-40f8-9f3f-b6bc50159000/microsoft-explanation-of-event-2-session-quotcircular-kernel-context-loggerquot-failed-to?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello First let me tell you about my system nbsp nbsp This is an Inspiron E laptop with the T Core Duo processor running at GHZ nbsp nbsp It has GB of RAM and a brand new GB Hitachi Travelstar hard drive RPM nbsp nbsp It also has the GeForce Go GS video card nbsp nbsp nbsp It previously had Windows XP Professional bit and worked fine nbsp nbsp But I have three computers in my home and home office with E1705/9400 Inspiron Windows with entries exclamation "Base Device" my under point two Devices" "Other on - Installation New System Minor for Problem yellow 7 and would like them all to work better together on my wired home network so I am upgrading all three to Windows nbsp nbsp My two desktops one is Dimension XPS and the other is Dimension XPS seem like they will be no problem to upgrade to Windows nbsp nbsp But this laptop was not listed on Dell s Windows Compatibility List nbsp nbsp However the Windows Upgrade Advisor that I downloaded and ran seemed to say that Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point it was OK to do a clean install of bit Windows and it only Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point had a few minor concerns where it said to check for updated drivers from the manufacturer nbsp nbsp The laptop originally came with a GB hard drive nbsp nbsp For my use that is getting very small so I decided to get the same exact RPM drive in the GB size nbsp nbsp This will allow me to do a clean install of the bit Windows OS on the new hard drive and not have to wipe the old drive to do it nbsp nbsp I can just hold onto the old HD and stick it back in whenever I might need to get something off of it So here is my minor problem nbsp nbsp After transferring a few needed items off the old hard drive I installed the new GB drive and did a clean install of the bit version of Windows nbsp nbsp nbsp I m happy to report that I had virtually no problems with the installation and everything appears to be working fine nbsp nbsp It seems a little bit more zippy than it was before and I haven t run into anything so far that doesn t seem to be working nbsp nbsp I have gone through most of the features and most everything looks great nbsp nbsp But there is one minor problem showing in the Device Manager nbsp nbsp At least I think it s a minor problem but maybe someone else can give me some input as to whether it is or not In the Device Manager List there is a category now called quot Other Devices quot and the icon shows a little white circle with a question mark in it nbsp nbsp nbsp When you expand this category you see two identical entries that say nbsp nbsp quot Base System Device quot nbsp and the icon has a yellow circle with an exclamation point in it nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I know from previous experience that it s not a good thing to see items in the Device Manager that have a yellow circle with an exclamation point nbsp nbsp I have clicked on both of these and neither one really tells you what the device is or who made it or who s website you would go to for a driver nbsp nbsp nbsp Under the general tab it has the following information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Device Type nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp Other Devices nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Manufacturer nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Location nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI Bus nbsp Device nbsp Function nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Under De... Read more

A:Minor Problem with New Windows 7 Installation on my Inspiron E1705/9400 - two entries for "Base System Device" under "Other Devices" with yellow exclamation point

BTW, I just downloaded and installed the driver pack from that ftp location and it worked, even for Windows 8.1 - 64 bit.
Thanks Steve!

Roger

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19313275
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi,

Running Windows XP Home, all SPs and automatic updates. Today, when I restarted, I began getting a new message ... before it loads it reads "Override Enabled - Defaults loaded" and it waits for me to strike the F1 key before it proceeds to load. I don't think I consciously reset anything, but I can no longer automatically reboot.

Does anyone have a clue why it's doing that?

Thanks in advance for any/all help,
Iris

A:Solved: XP "Override Enabled - Defaults Loaded"

As quickly as it started happening, that's how quickly it stopped ... so I guess, SOLVED, but without any specific steps taken.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-override-enabled-defaults-loaded.923432/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a 200mhz system running windows 95, system resources are 78%, Each time I try to open a game to play: an error message appears that tells me "A required Dll file is missing" no other info is supplied. This occurs with all my games now. Command & Conquer, Commando's, Quake, etc.... I am aware that it may be my video driver, but need to find out where I might download it from, as I do not have a disk to reboot or load it from. please any suggestions that don't require the reloading from my startup disk, this pc came without one.

A:"Required Dll file missing" when games are loaded

Have you tried reloading the game?

We will need to know the brand and model of your video card to help you find the driver for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/required-dll-file-missing-when-games-are-loaded.35880/
Relevancy 79.98%

I get a "movie not loaded" in Chrome. It doesn't work in Firefox or IE either. It just doesn't display the player at all.

Youtube works and I can see the flash animation here Adobe - Flash Player but it's not working on certain websites. I uninstalled Flash using Revo and reinstalled it and ran CCleaner and it did not help.

Any ideas?

A:Flash Player "movie not loaded" problems.

Is it a specific flick? If so, post here because it might be a one item problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f120/flash-player-movie-not-loaded-problems-691433.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi just bought a machine with Vista Business and Office 2007 pre-installed. But there is a problem, then I activate text to speech in the control panel I get the following error "The referenced assembly is not installed on your system"

Anybody here knows this error? if yes then why Vista gives me it only then I try to activate text to speech?

Best Regards
Fred

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194345-error-referenced-assembly-not-installed-your-system-vista-speech-error.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, I'm having BSODs on my new custom PC build running Windows 10. I am sure this is probably just a driver issue but I'm unaware of how to figure out which driver.

I've uploaded the debug report. Please let me know if you have any ideas or help.

AJ-DESKTOP-Sun_06_19_2016_200102_65.zip

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53843-random-system-thread-system-service-exceptions.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I ve run SuperAntiSpyware Wizard" "Sys Pop-ups "Security & Integrity System Scan Warning" Ad-Aware SpyBot and Norton which removed some trojan files and registry items but I m still getting pop-ups quot Security System Warning quot and quot System Integrity Scan Wizard quot Below is my HiJackThis log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system cryptainersrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data kfsnolql ynynormr exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C WINDOWS system clghcnev exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid amp mid MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AOL AOL Search Enhancement AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO ... Read more

A:"Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sys-integrity-scan-wizard-security-system-warning-pop-ups.699730/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello All I started a few weeks ago on the PowerShell programing and I got my answer from here only So am putting up the error that I am getting now to issue "System.Int32") PowerShell value convert "and" type ('Cannot to get some help again Scenario I wrote a script that checks a Folder on a server and counts the number of files in it Then when it finds the resulting number to be more then a specific value threshold it sends up a mail to the required alias To break it all along the portion to PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32") send a mail is generated through DBmail using another PS file In the PS file containing the main checking of number of files I am trying to pass parameters Folder path on the server the Threshold value of number of files Now when I created a job to run this powershell script as amp quot C PowerShell Power PS quot XXXX c Documents and Settings ABC Local Settings Temp IT fails with the error A job step received an error at line in a PowerShell script The corresponding line is ' amp quot C PowerShell Power ps quot XXXX c Documents and Settings ABC Local Settings Temp ' Correct the script and reschedule the job The error information returned by PowerShell is 'Cannot convert value quot and quot to type quot System Int quot Error quot Input string was not in a correct format PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32") quot ' Process Exit Code - The step failed I really can not move forward on this Please help

A:PowerShell issue ('Cannot convert value "and" to type "System.Int32")

Just to add for reference Below is the code for the Power.Ps1 file that I have used :

param
(

[string] $directory_string,
[int] $benchmark

)

$date=get-date
[int]$directory_file_count = 0

# check that the directory exists.
$does_directory_exist = (Test-Path $directory_string)

# if it does, then continue
if ($does_directory_exist)
{

# Check for the number of files on the directory
$directory_file_count = (get-childitem $directory_string -name -recurse).count

# If number of files exceeds the limit, send mail to notify

if($directory_file_count -gt $benchmark)
{
& "C:\Powershell\DB_mail.ps1"
$subject= "XXXX"
$body= "XXXX"

}

else

{
$subject= "XXXX"
$body= "XXXX "
}

}
else
{
$subject = "XXXX"
$body = " XXXX"
}

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/286369-powershell-issue-cannot-convert-value-type-system-int32.html
Relevancy 79.55%

With EaseUS Backup Tool, I've cloned these two partitions ("System Reserved" and "C") to same-sized partitions on a external HDD ("X" and "Y"). Picture tells it concisely:
How to make drives "X" and "Y" boot-able?

In "Disk Management", I've noticed these partition labels missing:"X" (or "System Reserved") is missing System label,
"Y" (or "OS") is missing Boot, Page File and Crash Dump labels

Thank you!

A:Both "System reserved" and "C" partition cloned to external HDD: boot?

You cannot boot Win7 on external HD, unless it is connected via eSATA.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/220584-both-system-reserved-c-partition-cloned-external-hdd-boot.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi

New installation of windows 7 ultimate 32bit and on trying to copy a 38gb folder from c drive to d drive, pc gives bsod.
Lately playing world of tanks is resulting in system lock ups,please can anyone help

Frosty

A:bsod copying files from "c" to "d" drive and system lock ups

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309096-bsod-copying-files-c-d-drive-system-lock-ups.html
Relevancy 79.55%

There are 2 devices in the "Device Manager" that do not have drivers installed.

I just did a clean install of Window 7 SP1 32-bit to a Dell Latitude E6500. I have uploaded all the Windows updates and all seems to be performing well. However, there are two devices in the "device manager" that do not have drivers installed, and I can't determine what the devices are nor how/where to find the drivers for them online or elsewhere. The driverless devices are "Base System Device" and "Broadcom USH". When I look at the properties page of both devices, it says that the Base System Devices location is "PCI bus 3, device 1, function 3", and the Boradcom USH's location as "0000.001a.0002.001.000.000.000.000.000".

The laptop did NOT come with a drivers installation disk.

QUESTION: How can I identify what these devices actually are and, more importantly, how can I obtain the driver for them?

A:Can't ID driverless devices "Base System Device" and "Broadcom USH"

Well, as for the second part of your question......... have you tried using windows own driver update utility? Right click on the yellow exclamation point in Device Manager, choose update.

I'm thinking your "boradcom ush" is this, drivers for it are here too, :Broadcom USH - USB\VID_0A5C&PID_5800 - awdit - The driver, software, & hardware database

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/273074-cant-id-driverless-devices-base-system-device-broadcom-ush.html
Relevancy 79.55%

When trying to install Windows XP Pro I get the following error message "Setupdd.sys cannot be loaded error 14. Setup can not continue. Press any key to exit."

Anybody have any ideas how to solve this?

Relevancy 79.12%

Golly I m at my wits end here I just had to reformat my hard drive - OK no problem So then I Loaded XP file boot.ini" and now HELP! "invalid had to reload Windows XP Pro - now every time I start my computer up it just says quot invalid HELP! Loaded XP and now "invalid boot.ini" file boot ini file quot and forces me to start up from the XP Disk - no Windows I have rebuilt the boot ini file from Microsoft support http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en-us and still don t have any luck - it just keeps telling me that the boot ini file is invalid again at startup I ve also copied the boot ini file from my other computer and copied the file using the Recovery console I m now re-formatting the drive for the rd time today to make sure it s all a clean install but keep getting that same darn error upon start and can t load Windows Here are the specs of the computer Dimension GHz GB Western Digital Hard Drive months old New copy of Microsoft Windows XP Professional w SP MB RAM Thanks in advance for your help on this I m really at the end here nbsp

A:HELP! Loaded XP and now "invalid boot.ini" file

After rebuilding boot.ini, run the "Fixboot" command in the Recovery Console. It will install a new boot sector to your system partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-loaded-xp-and-now-invalid-boot-ini-file.488308/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there

I thought I could understand a reasonable amount of I.T stuff -- but reading up on some of the FAQS about Windows 8.1 Enterprise version there's a lot of mention of "Side Loaded" apps.

What on earth does this mean -- to me it seems that these applications aren't loaded fully and only work in "Half-assed mode" only but I'm sure Ms doesn't mean that so could someone enlighten me on what this actually means in plain English.

Thanks

Cheers
jimbo

A:To any Developer -- What does "Side loaded apps" mean

hi Jimbo,

well me neither, but my best shot is the Charms Bar. Most logic to me.

Jeff

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/29034-any-developer-what-does-side-loaded-apps-mean.html
Relevancy 79.12%

hi just got my new computer and got an error quot user profile can not be loaded quot and it just keep on doing a loop and restarts but it's not going to the log in screen where i could put process not during Profile "User set the loaded" up Be Can my username and password to completely log in to my computer i did factory reset in the laptop using the pre installed OS on it and still i was able to set "User Profile Can not Be loaded" during the set up process the language and the username and did even try using microsoft account and local account but still not working keep on getting the error upon finishing the set up and just waiting for the set up to be finalized i saw some recommendations online that a corrupted CID in the Registry is the one needed to be configured however can't even do that since it can't even finished the boot process cause it always get stuck at the finalization of the set up i created can someone help me on this i'm using lenovo yoga pro you can check the specs of my pc here Lenovo Yoga Pro Multimode Ultrabook Multimode Laptops amp Ultrabooks Lenovo US thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49387-user-profile-can-not-loaded-during-set-up-process.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I don't know if this is a common internet issue or not but I'd like to know how I would be able to fix this I'm going to provide very thorough details For a couple months I've been experiencing this quot www microsoft com not responding quot error It occurs every Sunday I have an excellent connection I am able go on Google and Twitter but Error "www.microsoft.com responding" not not Facebook YouTube or any other website I am also able to search for websites and images on Google but I cannot view them directly On Steam I cannot connect to the "www.microsoft.com not responding" Error Community nor can I view the Store but I can still chat with friends Not only do I have this issue on my laptop but I am also unable to surf the Xbox LIVE Marketplace the internet on my Motorola Cliq nor can I use the web browser on my Playstation Portable Now my mother had tweaked some settings on the router allowing me to stay up to PM I'm only years old I still have to listen to parents After that the error occurs every day of the week The error message on my computer is this quot Your computer seems to be correctly configured but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot Please I would highly appreciate any help from anybody

A:"www.microsoft.com not responding" Error

I recommend checking to see if the website in question is even accessable at the time you are trying to connect to it. You can do this easily be using Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up?

If the site is up and running open notepad and copy and past the following into it.

Quote:
@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save the file as Flush.bat to your desktop. Right click the bat file and select Run as Administrator. That will reset some of your connection settings, hopefully solving the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/233894-www-microsoft-com-not-responding-error.html
Relevancy 79.12%

To tell you the truth I m not really messages from "error" Can't of Microsoft get rid sure what happened to Can't get rid of "error" messages from Microsoft my computer I was in the middle of backing it up on my external hard drive and I left my computer running and when I woke up I m not even sure what kind of problems it had I restarted my computer and it was running slowly but now I keep getting these pop-ups from Microsoft Windows that say quot The system has recovered from a serious error A long of this error has been created Please tell Microsoft about this problem etc quot If I click on quot Send Error Report quot I get connected to this webpage http oca microsoft com en response aspx SGD f b-fb c- d e-ad - d a amp SID and it explains error caused by a video device driver But to tell you the truth I have no idea what it is talking about The problem I m having now is that the window of quot The systems has recovered from a serious error quot keeps popping up on my screen and I can t get rid of it I really don t know what to do at all Any help advice would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hope this query is in the right section -tried to use my LDS 1881 England Census CDs last night - but having problems with the Viewer.

I have V4 which up to now has worked perfectly - tried to re-install it
and I keep getting "Failed to extract file "Dll_ini" from binary table"
error message.

BUT no problems on my laptap which has the Viewer installed from the
same CD.

Have had a few problems with computer of late - it was in the workshop
3 weeks ago because of some corrupt Windows files - could that be the
problem?

Grateful for any advice, suggestions as to what to do!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-error-failed-to-extract-file-dll_ini-from-binary-table.354576/
Relevancy 79.12%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I've been having some problems with my computer and I've always somehow managed to work my way around the issues spyware malware etc have created but lately it's been getting out of hand Some time ago I got a virus or something that made the entire tab under quot Processes quot dissapear So I could not see process-names in the task-manager I have re-installed XP but this problem persists I have been using a different application to monitor and handle processes The problem now is the constant pop-ups generated from this fake anti-virus program calling itself quot Anti Virus Pro quot or something It pops up with fake commercials and even attach itself into other explorer-windows while I view other pages As popups and messageboxes keep popping up I close them but after a while windows will open a messagebox telling me quot Buffer overrun detected in e Windows system explorer exe quot or windows explorer exe I don't remember really but you get the idea and explorer exe will be terminated sometimes taking some internet explorer windows along with it other times explorer exe just starts up again and all my windows remain I used to have Norton but was forced to remove it as it was sucking up all my CPU It rendered my computer and something++ fake a "Buffer Infected "Win overrun Spyware" - dialer or Anti error" useless as I mainly use it for gaming I've also experienced having the connection between me and my modem broken while beeing on the internet and I don't know if my computer actually is offline or if -I'm- just offline The LAN-connection won't detect my modem and I can't even find it by pinging it I have been trough Step without finding anything I could remove in control-panel The panda online search take hours if not days to finish as it slows down severly after a certain time I have tried acouple of times but before it finish a popup or an error will close the browser window EDIT I forgot to mention I have tried to follow acouple of solutions I saw you guys giving people Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ with similiar problems Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ as I had and searching for malware and stuff it did find some infected dll-files in my system folder and other windows-folders I deleted afew but something called nnommmll dll or something was attached to winlogon exe and therefore I couldn't delete it The other files came back after my computer crashed anyway though x x I'll now paste the logfile generated by dss exe ---------------------------------------------------- Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Per Killer on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++ Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system - - UTC - RP - Kontrollpunkt for system Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive E has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Per Killer exe ------------------------------------------ Unable to find log file not found running clone -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Running processes E WINDOWS system smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS system CTSVCCDA EXE E WINDOWS system nvsvc exe E WINDOWS system PnkBstrA e... Read more

A:Infected - "Win Anti Spyware" "Buffer overrun error" and a fake dialer or something++

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please download ComboFix

Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop.

Close all browsers. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.

You are using an older version of HijackThis. Please do the following to download and install the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2:

CLICK HERE to download the HijackThis Installer:Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Double-click on HJTInstall.exe to run the program.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on "Edit -> Select All" then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and paste the log in your next reply.
Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

You may delete the older version once you have successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of HijackThis v2.0.2.

Expected logs:

Combofix.txt
HijackThis log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/infected-win-anti-spyware-buffer-overrun-error-and-a-fake-dialer-or-something-185695.html
Relevancy 78.69%

as described in the title when i boot my laptop http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E R i get the quot disk read error - gt press cntrl alt del to restart quot message I then tried to access the backup partition through f only to run into this error quot status xc e Info an unexpected I O error has occurred quot it seems that it I/O read f10 occured"at "a in startup error" and "unexpected disk error cant communicate with my hard drive I read a few other forum posts but didnt see anyone have the xc e error also Bios boot priorities are in order if that matters Is there a fix without having to "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 replace the entire HD and buy a new vista installation preinstalled w no disc in the box Im very reluctant to take it to a service center as i can very likely fix it myself with the help of the friendly people here of course only problem is im having a "a disk read error occured"at startup and "unexpected I/O error" in f10 little trouble finding my HD in this damn notebook heh ill figure that part out new to notebook repair Thanks in advance Danny edit found the HD doesnt look like it even uses a cable just plugs right into what i assume is the mb dont know if that helps just supplying what i can nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-disk-read-error-occured-at-startup-and-unexpected-i-o-error-in-f10.773506/
Relevancy 78.26%

I just resolved an issue I had with the wireless connectivity of my Acer notebook computer and now I am getting strange error messages. When I try (not every instance) to open device manager I will get the message "Failed to open empty document." From there I will occasionally get "Parser" messages that say "Value creation failed at line 843" or "line 422." I read what I could find about these messages and it points to MMC as the cause. How do I go about fixing this annoying problem if anyone knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/failed-to-open-empty-document-parser-error-messages.653756/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi Everyone,

i am using CRichEditCtrl::GetLine() function to read the text from a dialog.
If my text contains any space character then it is throwing improper argument error and the application getting closed in vista only.....
What is the actual problem ????? why it is happening with vista only...?

Please suggest

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266580-space-character-making-improper-argument-error-vista.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Anyone tried deleting a registry key in Windows nbsp Got quot access denied quot or quot Error while deleting key quot The usual response is key" deleting ADMIN! or Permissions -"Access AS while Denied" "Error EVEN Regedit quot You need to run regedit as an administrator quot nbsp but I AM logged in as Administrator and running regedit as administrator trying to assign administrator full permissions on that registry key in order to delete it nbsp Am I mistaken or isn't Regedit Permissions -"Access Denied" or "Error while deleting key" EVEN AS ADMIN! Administrator supposed to be able to administer and control all the settings on the computer in order to set it up for the quot Average Joe quot user So under the permissions menu of that key go to advanced change the owner from System to Administrator and try again nbsp It's no longer saying quot access denied quot but quot Cannot delete xxxxxx Error while deleting key quot The scenario Basically the wireless has stopped working on a laptop The device does not show up in Device Manager but is in the registry so the normal procedure is to delete the registry entry for the device in HKLM System CurrentControlSet and ControlSet Enum PCI nbsp nbsp then attach the device or restart the computer it finds the quot new quot hardware and reinstalls it Easy Not with permission restrictions on the administrator account it's not nbsp So I need to give myself permission to give myself permission to do a simple task like delete a single registry key nbsp Why Microsoft why nbsp Please just make the Administrator account a hidden quot God mode quot account that can do anything and make the lives of us techies much easier in the process nbsp RANT Now where did I put that XP disc

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/56fed319-a532-46a4-a384-fd795998c4a3/regedit-permissions-quotaccess-deniedquot-or-quoterror-while-deleting-keyquot-even-as?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 78.26%

hi can u help me about instruction at "0x7c9100c8" referenced memory at "0x666f7260" it always appear every 4 hours and then my computer start counting for shutdown or restart. help please . . .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/instruction-at-0x7c9100c8-referenced-memory-at-0x666f7260-service-exe-error-519291.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Windows XP SP2

Ok, I tried some things in other threads but to no avail. But some threads are having my same problems. First this about:blank crap is always my home page even if I change it, as well as these porn links in my favorites list. I've run scans with 5 different virus/ adware scan programs but it doesn't fix it. However, it got even worse-- I can no longer open things like My Computer, My Documents or even Control Panel to try and uninstall software. When I try to open any folder my computer freezes temp. and I get the following message: "DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

PLEASE Somebody help me. I have hijack this, if that helps. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

A:Solved: I can't open anything "Dr. wtsn error" & I can't remove "blank: about" adware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-anything-dr-wtsn-error-i-cant-remove-blank-about-adware.340831/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a big problem here,
I have used my hard disk for 9month,
Yesterday when I watched movie on the half way,
My hard disk suddenly disfuntion,
And I thought my laptop problem due to always lagging so I restart my computer.
But after that I can't read my hard disk (WD)in my computer.
It can read in computer management there.

Ways I try:
1)I try to uninstall and reinstalled again,BUT it doesn't work.
2)I try to unchecked the hide folder and device at view.
3)I try to update the software BUT it still disfunction.
4)I try to use disk management and initialized it BUT there appeared CANNOT INITIALIZED Due to I/O device error.

Any solution for me ?

A:Hard Disk can't read in "my computer ", "initialized",I/O device error

The most usual cause is that the Hard Drive is beginning to fail. Back up your stuff. Go to the website of the manufacturer and test the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335190-hard-disk-cant-read-my-computer-initialized-i-o-device-error.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I only get the BSOD when playing games not any specific game but any sometime i can go a whole week of playing games and have no BSOD at all and somedays minutes after a game is running it will BSOD everytime all day long When I try to Run any game like GW Or Inquisition my pc turns into Bluescreen with an error CRITICAL PROCESS DIED or KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR I ve already Updated all my drivers and reinstalled all my games also run chkdsk f and memtest with no problems This is the screen Also this is my dump config note that i have windows not Still it doesn t create any File or Folder and when the BSOD happens the blue screen say that its collecting info but it doesn t get off It s the same with the Inpage & Data "Critical Process Error" Died" "Kernel critical process died it just goes to the "Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error" blue screen saying its collecting info but it also doesn t get off I m completely baffled with what to do as the blue screen view hasn t picked up anything and i cant find the dump files nbsp

A:"Critical Process Died" & "Kernel Data Inpage Error"

Hi BTW, welcome to the TSG Forums....

You may find this from the MS Community helpful. If Greek is easier to understand than this article then come back to this Forum and someone will help you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/windows-81-bsod-kernel-data-inpage-error-and/b67ae41a-9228-4462-9c53-d1f5d115f784

T.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-process-died-kernel-data-inpage-error.1142685/