Windows Support Forum

Question about installing memory modules

Q: Question about installing memory modules

My motherboard is a Z77 Asrok Extreme 6.

It has four dimm slots. I have One kit of 8 gigabyte memory from Gskill that is DDR3. 'dual channel' (11-11-11-28) PC 2133.

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?

Here is another better question. What if I buy the exact same memory from Gskill and drop them in as well? So I have two kits of dual channel 8 gig ram for a total of 16 gigs. Both kits would be same type/speed and latency. Will this work or do I need to use 'quad channel'?

Edited for spelling.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Question about installing memory modules

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Question about installing memory modules

Larsenex said:

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?Click to expand...

I'm thinking that different timings will cause issues with Dual Channel functionality. I'm also thinking that Dual Channel only functions if all modules can operate in dual mode. If you are not planning on operating in Dual Channel mode, I don't think it matters. However the modules should operate with the same timing, if they are to be linked together.

Anyway without actually knowing for sure, those are my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-installing-memory-modules.196451/
Relevancy 78.69%

I've got a Gigabyte 81845GVM-RZ mobo with a 256 MB Hynix DDR266. I just bought a Kingston 512MB DDR333 module (because it costs the same as the 256MB). Which one should I insert into the first or slot 0 to obtain the best performance and/or stability ? I guess I will be getting only a 266MHZ speed but my ram will increase to 768 MB ?

A:Installing DDR266 & DDR333 memory modules

ok so why didnt you buy the same ram as your original again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-ddr266-ddr333-memory-modules.77746/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am in the market to purchase new memory for my computer. I hear Corsair is the best, but I wanted some expert opinion. What has the best reputation and is one model of memory faster than another? I have 2 slots available. Is there a memory stick made that is larger than 1Gb?

Relevancy 60.63%

I have a P4 Titan series motherboard and actual memory modules are 2 X 512 DDR 333/266/200 DIMM slots (2). I want to upgrade to 2 X 1gb. which is the max. I am looking at 1gb DDR400 ECC. Would this be compatible ?
Thanks

A:memory modules

Go here and allow the Crucial System Scanner to load and run.

After the scan is finished and a report is displayed, copy-and-paste the webpage address to that report here so we can go there and view it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

If the motherboard is designed for DDR333/266 modules, it'll probably accept and run with DDR400 modules, but they'll run at the slower speed that the motherboard supports.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The larger the number, the faster the speed.

DDR400 is DDR PC3200(400 MHz)

DDR333 is DDR PC2700(333 MHz)

DDR266 is DDR PC2100(266 MHz)

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-modules.1055882/
Relevancy 60.63%

is it compatible if i connect a pc800 memory module with a pc533 memory module?

will my computer still run or there will be some technical issue's?

thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-modules.768717/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have just bought a load of MB RAM and MB RAM modules to upgrade a number of PCs ranging from MHz P to MHz P The modules were specified as MHz SDRAM DIMMS and although most of the PCs were non-branded I was able to check the motherboard details and according to all the specs there was no reason why these memory modules should not have been OK However with the exception of one MHz P none of the other PCs accepted Memory modules the memory correctly - they all registered exactly half of the actual memory on the module I have Memory modules heard of problems where double-sided modules would only register half their memory but in this case all the modules were single sided I did not order them as single sided they just came like that even though the spec was x for the MB and x for the MB which suggests double-sided to me Where is the problem and how can I make sure I get memory that works properly Thanks nbsp

A:Memory modules

Many new memory modules cause that problem. The issue is the addressability of the individual chips. The fewer number of actual physical memory chips the module has, the newer the memory support chipset on the MB needs to be to properly address all the memory. The address lines from the individual chips come directly to the module interface connection, and the MB has to be designed to use them. Some omit the high-order address lines to save money, and as a result they only address half the memory. I've personally traded several people older modules for new ones to solve this issue for them, it's quite common.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-modules.129717/
Relevancy 60.63%

Looking for some help here! I ordered some RAM modules and my PC has 6 RAM slots. I have 4 x 2GIG Memory Modules coming in the post so is it ok to mix them on the same motherboard? So the total will be like this: 4 x 2GIG Memory Modules 2 x 1GIG Memory Modules So 10 GIG in total - is that cool to mix them? The RAM is all the same type - i.e. 240 Pin DDR3 RAM Thanks guys

A:Is it OK to mix RAM - so 1 GIG Memory Modules with 2 GIG's?

As long as they're the same speed too.

Example: PC3-3600

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276876-ok-mix-ram-so-1-gig-memory-modules-2-gigs.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello, I was referred here from another forum topic by Computer Masochist ?garmanma? Link http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255906/infected-memory-modules/My problem is that I think I have a Memory Module Infection I can?t get Windows update to finish successfully, Windows Security Alert will not turn on, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40 will only run in safe mode, and I get a report that reads as follows,Memory Modules Infected:\\?\globalroot\systemroot\System32\UACsvbmmnsnpn.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.It states that it will finish removing the infection on a reboot, but the infection returns. Can anyone help me remove this infection for good? Thanks to everyone I hope I included all the Reports that will be helpfull'

A:Possible Memory Modules Infected:

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257239/possible-memory-modules-infected/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello there

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
I have a Satellite Pro M40 Part Number : PSM46E-00H002EN

I really want to upgrade the memory but I dont know what to get.
I know I want two 1GB ones but I don't know what type.

I have looked and there seems to be so many.

Could someone tell me exactly what I want or give me a link to one to buy.
I would be rerally grateful.

A:Re: Satellite Pro M40: What memory modules can I use

Hi

I think you should check this Satellite Pro M40 memory page:

Memory for Toshiba Satellite Pro M40
http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=26119&ft=m&st=3

It says that you could use the DDR2 533MHz (PC2-4200) 200-PIN SODIMM memory modules and you could upgrade the memory up to 2GB RAM

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?36317-Re-Satellite-Pro-M40-What-memory-modules-can-I-use
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I recently added some extra memory to my PC. My local superstore advised me that the unit they sold me was the same as the one already installed. This seems to be not so.

I ran SiSoftware Sandra and noticed the following differences in
'Speed' and in 'Set Timings'

Memory Module 1 >
Model: 64MX64U-40C
Serial Number: 050805C3
Type: 512MB DDR-SDRAM
Technology: 16x(32Mx8)
Speed: PC3200U 2.5-3-3-8
Date of Manufacture: 25 December 1999
Set Timing @ 200MHz: 3.0-3-3-8
Set Timing @ 200MHz: 2.5-3-3-8

< Memory Module 2 >
Manufacturer: Dialog
Type: 512MB DDR-SDRAM
Technology: 16x(32Mx8)
Speed: PC3200U 2.5-4-4-8
Version: 1.0
Date of Manufacture: 25 December 1999
Set Timing @ 200MHz: 2.5-4-4-8

Can you please advise me if the differences damage performance and if so is there any way of rectifying the problem or do I need a new chip. If so which one of the above is the better performer

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 60.2%

I was given an IBM PC GL Model with a monitor on the weekend I upgraded the HD Thoughts? Modules-Any Memory from a mb to mb out of a similar machine The upgraded drive has Win SE Also added a DLink NIC Both installed ok The issue with this is the memory It hade mb dimm NP in it and gave a parity error for the get go In researching the IBM web site I found all the specs Memory Modules-Any Thoughts? and the Mem chart is under the cover as well I have - mb modules at mHZ - mb PC I also tried - mb PC dimms with no luck as well At one Memory Modules-Any Thoughts? point the - mb modules worked and I was able to install all of the hardware it found After setting up Memory Modules-Any Thoughts? the video and having to reboot the parity error came back I have tried all of the appropriate combinations of memory and all I get now is an a beep parity error and then System Halted There is a BIOS upgrade available that I have downloaded but not yet tried Is that worth a try Any suggestions are welcome nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have an PC with 4 memory slots. Two slots are currently occupied with 500MB SDRAM modules. I would like to add another gig. Can I just add a 1 gig SDRAM module or do I need to add two more 500MB SDRAM modules?

Relevancy 60.2%

My ZBook came with 2x4 GB memory modules and I want to upgrade with additional 2x8 GB. It is the same manufacturer and specifications, only the size is different. There are four memory module slots, how do I put the memory modules for best performance? Maybe: 8 GB in slot 1 and 3, 4 GB in slot 2 and 4  

A:Mix memory modules of different sizes

I have the Zbook 15 G3...very similar if not the same motherboard. I have 2 x 8 gig in slots 1 and 3 and it runs in dual channel so I would say put the 4 gig pair in slots 2 and 4. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mix-memory-modules-of-different-sizes/td-p/5832550
Relevancy 60.2%

A few memory module questions:

1) Given a memory module with timing of 5-5-5, is that otherwise known as Cas Latency 5? Is 6-6-6 Cas Latency 6?

2) Which of the two is more performance oriented?

3) Some mobos I am looking at on newegg.com bear the requirement "Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operating with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets." In this instance, "Intel Desktop Boards" are those from Abit or Asus that accommodate Intel CPUs.

Is it sufficient to find DDR2-800 5-5-5 modules running 1.8V or is the JEDEC seal of approval also mandatory?

4) Is 1.8V synonymous with JEDEC?

Thanks.

A:1.8V JEDEC Memory Modules

Assuming you have a working system, you should try 4AllMemory and use their [Check My System] applet.

The applet will return a list with the exact specs for the DIMMs you need to match your system/motherboard.

Note I am not saying you need to buy from them, but their applet is really neat.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-8v-jedec-memory-modules.595935/
Relevancy 60.2%

When I run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware I get a report that reads as follows I states that it will finish removing the infection on a reboot but the infection returns Can anyone help me remove this infection for good Thanks to everyone Memory Modules Infected globalroot systemroot System UACsvbmmnsnpn dll Trojan Agent - gt Delete on reboot Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Database version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode AM mbam-log- - - - - txt Modules Memory Infected Scan type Full Scan C D Objects scanned Time elapsed Infected Memory Modules minute Infected Memory Modules s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected globalroot Infected Memory Modules systemroot System UACsvbmmnsnpn dll Trojan Agent - gt Delete on reboot Registry Keys Infected HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE UAC Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected No malicious items detected Files Infected globalroot systemroot System UACsvbmmnsnpn dll Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows system uacinit dll Trojan Agent - gt Delete on reboot

A:Infected Memory Modules

Welcome to BCWe can try a few thingsPlease download Dr.Web CureIt, the free version & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current versionRead the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.The Express scan will automatically begin.
(This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
(This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255906/infected-memory-modules/
Relevancy 60.2%

I know that many good computer repair shops have a device that can test memory modules. Are there software programs that can be installed on the computer with the memory modules you want to test that can also do this? If so, are they pretty reliable? If so, any software names/products that you have tried and can recommend.

A:Testing memory modules?

Download

Download MemTest86 here:
http://www.memtest86.com/
You want the Free Download => ISO image (zip)

Unzip the downloaded file. You will get an .iso image file. This file is burned to create a boot CD. To burn an image file you can't just copy the file to a CD. You have to use an image burning utility. Windows doesn't inculde one natively. If you don't have a third-party image burning program you can use this one:
http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

It will put a right-click context menu option to burn an .iso file, or start the program and navigate to the .iso file you extracted above.

Instructions

You would be running one stick of RAM at a time. If you have more than one, remove to leave just one, then run the test.
On the screen, you will see your CPU type and your chipset type on the top left.
The program run a series of 9 tests on the stick of RAM. A complete run of the 9 tests is one Pass.
The progress is shown at the top right: total Pass progress, and the progress of the currently running test. Some tests take longer than others. I ran a test on a single stick of 1 GB of RAM and one Pass of 9 tests took about an hour. Different hardware will take more or less time.
After a Pass is completed, the program starts all over again automatically. For a thorough test it can be left running for several Pases. Some folks let it 2 or 3 hours or even overnight.
You're looking for Errors. They are reported in the bottom horizontal line, next to Pass.
Errors indicate failures/faults the RAM card.

Alternative if you can boot into Windows

If you can boot into Windows, you can get an alternative MemTest here:
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html
Unzip the downloaded file, read the included manual, and run memtest.exe.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/testing-memory-modules.762334/
Relevancy 60.2%

ok so what's the difference between CL5 and CL7?

and also - which one of these four is better for gaming:

1- CORSAIR TwinX 4096Mb DDR2 1066Mhz CL7 KIT
2- KINGSTON HyperX 4096Mb DDR2 1066MHz CL5 tall HS KIT
3- GEIL Black Dragon 4096Mb DDR2 1066Mhz KIT CL5
4- CORSAIR Dominator 4096Mb DDR2 1066Mhz FAN KIT CL5

A:questions about DDR 2 memory modules

Cas Latency explained:
http://www.cluboverclocker.com/reviews/memory/micron/cas_guide/cas.htm
As for which is better of the 4, well the one that the configurator on their sites state is compatible with the board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/questions-about-ddr-2-memory-modules.812998/
Relevancy 59.77%

I recently bought 215MB of PC133 SD RAM to add onto my 128MB and 32MB Sticks. With all three installed, my system is only picking up the 256 and the 32 (288 Total). I have tried moved the RAM into different slots a few times now, and am coming up with the same result.

Does anyone know what could be causing this to happen? I know all of the slots are good, and the 128MB Stick worked fine before.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

A:Question about installing memory

actually, whats probably happening is that its picking up the 128 and the 64 correctly but only registering half the 256.

verify this by booting with only the 256 installed.
This happens because either your MB doesnt support a stick of ram that big or it doesnt support high density ram.

Post the make/model of your motherboard and we can find out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-installing-memory.110156/
Relevancy 59.77%

My moms work is doing some remodeling and they are tossing an old compaq desktop.
It has a stick of ram in it and I was just wondering if I could use it in my HP Desktop for more ram.
I know there are certain types that work best with certain computers and that is why I came here because I don't want to mess anything up.
It has a sticker that reads

Samsung
KR
PC3200U-30331-Z
M368L3223FTN-CCC
256MB DDR PC3200 CL3

My computer info: Windows XP home edition with SP3. HP Pavilion Intel? Celeron? CPUGHz 2.69 GHz 504 MB RAM
Currently I have a 512 DDR PC2700

I ran a scan on Crucial and it says that for my computer "Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700, DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 512MB per slot.*
*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory."

A:Question about installing RAM/Memory

It's the proper type of ram but mixing different speeds and sizes can cause problems on some systems. You can still find cheap DDR ram if you buy used or new for about $17.00 for another 512MB.

Do you currently have just a single stick of memory in the system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-installing-ram-memory-642620.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a dead Presario CQ50-209WM with 2 2GB memory modules. I'm taking over my granddaughters Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop that only has 2 1GB modules.

Presario CQ50-209WM has (2 GB RAM PC2-6400, 667-MHz, DDR2)

All I can find on the Dell is the following: DDR2 SDRAM Your computer has two user-accessible SODIMM sockets

Can anyone tell me if I can replace the modules in the Dell with the ones from the Compaq?

Thank you for any help.
Peggy

A:Memory modules Compaq to Dell

The Dell specs say it can handle 2GB memory sticks per slot running at 667Mhz: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1526/en/om/specs.htm

The memory should work but memory compatible is never a sure thing unless you buy exact sticks tested for a specific system, but chances are that they'll work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-modules-compaq-to-dell.1047998/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have an ECS K S A motherboard w a SIS chipset AMD Athlon XP chip I was running k memory modules in my system Accubyte brand One went bad so I m now down to one k module Modules Working! Not New Memory Solved: I ve tried installing two different Solved: New Memory Modules Not Working! GB modules in my board and neither worked One generic industry standard and one Samsung module Both times the system went thru the bootup routine fine checked memory and hd s etc but then when it got to the point it should boot into Windows it just sits there The memory module specs PC x C Mhz DDR Pin DIMM The k module the one that works in my machine is made by Accubyte but I can t find that anywhere on the internet The manual for the mb says it will take GB of memory so that s not the problem Any suggestions would be much appreciated I am sick of running on only k Thanks Harold nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I m really hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to solve the problem I m having trying to upgrade the memory in my wife s computer I ve ordered and received a matching pair of MB memory modules from Crucial to replace the existing single MB memory module The problem is that the PC freezes when both the memory modules are installed at the same time the Intel logo of the motherboard does not appear so I don t get change to visit the BIOS configuration screen and there are no beep codes Both of the new memory modules work fine when installed in isolation Interestingly the PC does boot OK with GB if I have the old memory module and either two modules Hangs PC memory installed with of the new memory modules installed but only in single channel mode The PC eMachines e PC Hangs with two memory modules installed is based on an Intel D GGC motherboard which should support double data rate The m b has been updated to the latest BIOS version and I ve tried using a higher power PSU the original was only rated at W and installing a dedicated graphics card previously relying on the shared-memory ATI graphics on the motherboard Neither of these helped I d really appreciate any ideas on what I should try doing next - etmh nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Upon opening up a Dell Dimension for non-bootup problems I realize this animal memory modules 184-pin RIMM 800 MHz RDRAM has these memory modules with heat spreaders When checking on pricing on these modules one online memory shop indicates that these particular modules MR R AFO-CK - memory modules have been discontinued Other sites seem to be selling them as normal inventory These modules are the -pin RDRAM modules not the -pin modules Are these modules prone to keeping a 184-pin RDRAM RIMM memory modules 800 MHz Dell from booting up When troubleshooting this Dell computer I unplugged everything from the mobo up to and including swapping power supplies with no luck in the computer even powering up the CPU fan doesn t come on at all I even swapped out the Pentium CPU with another and still no boot up While searching the internet for an answer I found this one Google item from another forum indicating this exact memory module failing and not being able to boot up the computer Are these memory modules that tempermental I read that these modules must be installed in matched pairs For this particular job I m thinking either the memory module s may have gone bad the mobo went south or the BIOS is dead replaced the battery with no change Before I end up ordering another mobo I d like to know if the problem could be the memory modules going bad Thanks Craig nbsp

A:184-pin RDRAM RIMM memory modules 800 MHz

RD RAM = complete nightmare. I'd suggest it would be cheaper to get an entire new AMD system (MOBO, memory and processor) rather than trying to get more RD RAM, especially as you'll have to buy a pair of RD modules as they don't work singly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/184-pin-rdram-rimm-memory-modules-800-mhz.44701/
Relevancy 59.34%

My ZBook came with 2x4 GB memory modules and I want to upgrade with additional 2x8 GB. It is the same manufacturer and specifications, only the size is different. There are four memory module slots, how do I put the memory modules for best performance? Maybe: 8 GB in slot 1 and 3, 4 GB in slot 2 and 4  

A:ZBook 17 G3 - Mix memory modules of different sizes

I have the Zbook 15 G3...very similar if not the same motherboard. I have 2 x 8 gig in slots 1 and 3 and it runs in dual channel so I would say put the 4 gig pair in slots 2 and 4. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/ZBook-17-G3-Mix-memory-modules-of-different-sizes/td-p/5832550
Relevancy 59.34%

I am thinking of upgrading memory in my 64 bit computer running vista 32bit OS and want to make sure it will work or not.
This is the memory...
240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM ECC DDR2 533 KVR533D2E4/1G
Will it work on my AMD Athlon 64?
I only have one gig now and would like to have four.
Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello,

can anyone tell me why my Windowx XP sees only 1024 MB memory while I've increased the original memory of 512 MB by 2x 512 MB ?

My motherboard has three DDR-slots. It had from the beginning a Kingston K 512MB PC2700 module in slot #1. This week I've added two Kingston K512 UDIMM 512MB PC2700 modules in the slots #2 and #3.
All three modules has the type name KVR333X64C25/512, so I thought they would be compatible.

What have I done wrong ? And what can I do to let Windows XP know that it has 3x 512 MB at his disposal ?

Please help me...

Relevancy 59.34%

Appreciate some assistance.

Anyone own this type of PC who can tell which memory bank is Bank 1 (or 0) and Bank 2 (or 1)?

To access the memory modules the right side panel needs removed, but need to know if Bank 1 (or 0) is the one towards the front of the pc, or the one towards the back of the pc.

Trying to help someone by phone.

Thanks for the help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-modules-on-compaq-ez-2605.76291/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I'm currently shopping for a laptop that has an active digitizer as well 16 Laptops modules GB memory that support as GB memory support There was only one model I found that supported this the Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga Turns out now the model with the active digitizer won't be produced for a while and instead we have the Thinkpad Yoga which supports it This laptop however only has space for one memory module and Lenovo lists the memory support as up to GB I want to know if that is simply because GB modules are simply not yet on the market or if the motherboard has some kind of limitation When I ask vendors I also asked Dell since the Inspiron has switchable memory are very cryptic about it since they don't want to answer what third party components they would or wouldn't support My fear is that when I buy the Thinkpad Yoga and one day GB Laptops that support 16 GB memory modules modules hit the market I switch the GB module for a GB module and the motherboard won't POST I understand this question invites speculation rather than fact but would it actually make sense to have a motherboard limit on how much memory it can read from one slot If by any chance I've missed a laptop with two GB slots that actually has an active digitzer I'd love to know Thanks

http://www.techist.com/forums/f84/laptops-support-16-gb-memory-modules-275809/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi,

I have two RAM modules
# 512 DDR1 400 Mhz (Hynix semiconductors)
# 256 DDR1 333 Mhz or less frequency I believe. (Simtronics semiconductos)
My motherboard make is Intel 865 GFB a quite older model.
I would like to know is it possible to make the computer to work properly by installing both of these RAM modules which are with different frequency or will it harm my computer hardware!

Replies and suggestions are much appreciated!

Relevancy 58.91%

I am trying to install more memory on a machine running Win XP. It has 3 slots with a total of 128 mb installed. Each slot can handle 256 mb, so I removed the modules from all 3slots and replaced the 1 and 2 slots with 256 each. When I turn on the machine and go to system (on control panel), it only shows 256 mb. Why? Is there something else that I need to do? I removed the module from the 1st slot, thinking that it was really the 3rd slot and put it in the empty slot and the machine only showed 128 mb, so it seems that either only 128 mb from each slot is recognized or only the first slot is recognized. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob

A:Solved: Installing more memory question

What type of RAM did you put in, what type does the Mobo take?

I have seen it where someone put in PC 133 in a PC100 board and had the exact problem, so lets start there.

Are all the sticks identical is my next question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-more-memory-question.417418/
Relevancy 58.91%

As far as I can see I have currently dual channel DDR3 RAM memory modules.
Assume it would not be written on a label sticker on the ram modules:
How can I find out if a ram modules support dual channel or not?

As I learned I have to put dual channel mondules into different channel slots to get full speed.

My motherboard has current 4 slots:
Channel A: slot 1 + slot 2
Channel B: slot 1 + slot 2

Assume I put the 2 modules into the 2 slots of channel A.
How much performance/speed loss do I get approximately?

What happens when I have two single channel ram modules:
Does it matter where (in which slots) I put them?

Peter

A:Mis-insert Dual Channel RAM memory modules?

Quote: Originally Posted by pstein

As far as I can see I have currently dual channel DDR3 RAM memory modules.
Assume it would not be written on a label sticker on the ram modules:
How can I find out if a ram modules support dual channel or not?

You can buy sets of RAM that work together,
If you have more RAM modules that are the same you can try them out in your PC It will work or it won't
Dual Channel is selected in the BIOS (this can happen automatically on some boards)

Quote: Originally Posted by pstein

As I learned I have to put dual channel mondules into different channel slots to get full speed.

My motherboard has current 4 slots:
Channel A: slot 1 + slot 2
Channel B: slot 1 + slot 2

Assume I put the 2 modules into the 2 slots of channel A.
How much performance/speed loss do I get approximately?

What happens when I have two single channel ram modules:
Does it matter where (in which slots) I put them?

Peter

Refer to your motherboard manual or have a look here as a guide only; RAM issues Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/156516-mis-insert-dual-channel-ram-memory-modules.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I keep getting a 0x00000050 BSOD when the two dd3 sodimms are installed in my HP dv7-6157cl, however if I only install one (either of them) I don't get any errors at all.

A:0x00000050 BSOD only when 2 memory modules installed

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328434-0x00000050-bsod-only-when-2-memory-modules-installed.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

This is a really rubbish and simple question, but I cant seem to find an answer.

I have a Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 rev.1 MOBO - as you may have guessed from the title.

I have a strip of 512MB RAM - PC3200 DDR.

Now, my question:

Is the reason I put PC3200 in there because it only takes 3200, or can I put in anything I like...? or even different types togther?

ie 512 PC3200 and 512 PC2700

or does it all have to be the same..... and more importantly - what can this motherboard take?

There are 4 DIMM slots.

please dont reply and tell me to look in the manual - i dont have it and the manual section on the Gigabyte website says "Coming Soon" which is obviously never gonna happen as this mobo is old and has since been forgotten about.

either that, or im stuck in a time paradox

someone PLEASE help me

A:Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 rev.1 - MEMORY MODULES

Here are the downloads, including the manual:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/Manual_Model.aspx?ProductID=1682

See this page on RAM: http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/RAM.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-7n400-pro2-rev-1-memory-modules.46697/
Relevancy 58.91%

The Notebook has two memory modules with 512 MB each module. I have received a used 1 GB module.

Can I remove one of the 512 MB modules and install the 1 GB module to get total 1,5 GB RAM or need both modules the same memory size?

A:Changing memory modules in Satellite M30X-165

According notebook specification you can upgrade your machine up to 2GB of RAM so you can use one 1GB RAM and one module with 512MB. Important is that you use 100% compatible memory modules.
Just for your info: compatible PC2700 1GB memory module has part number PA3313U-1M1G.

Make upgrade, test it and post some feedback.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75806-Changing-memory-modules-in-Satellite-M30X-165
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

I don't know if anyone ever experienced this:

after installing an extra 512mb RAM on my HP Pavillion zd7000 series (1gb total) everything works fine... until I work with very large files (200-400mb) in Photoshop CS. This happens mostly doing the same operations (burning, dodging, brushing, etc). The only other time this happened was while converting CD's to MP3 in iTunes.
This happened already with 3 different RAM modules, and only happens with the extra RAM installed. With the original 512mb everything works fine (even if slower).

The RAM specs for this unit are: DDR PC2700 CL 2.5

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Josť

A:Pavillion zd7000 shuts down after installing 3 different ram modules

I have seen this problem occur on certain mb's only i would advice you to check out your mb model and go one to do a research on the net to see if your mb has a bug or a patch you have to download. or maybe flash in new bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pavillion-zd7000-shuts-down-after-installing-3-different-ram-modules.286915/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys, today I just found my 2 ram modules hidden in my drawers, since these 2 are the same as the 2 I am using along with 2 other modules, I decided to install the 4 identical ram modules(GEIL 1D DDR2 800mhz). Initially, I had 2 ramaxel 1g 667mhz and 2 GEIL 1G DDR2 800mhz. When I did this, there were several beeps, I couldn't define how many because the beeps sounded weird and not in sequence. Some pauses were longer than the other. When I hear it longer, I think it's 2 or 3 beeps. I have never seen anyone have problems with installing identical rams as its the optimal thing to do and most users do it. Here's my computer manual, ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-produ...nual_en-us.pdf
Please help

A:Installing 4 identical Ram modules will not work, but beep

I don't know why but some systems, particularly OEM, will have problems when all 4 RAM slots are used. The only solution I know is don't do it.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26089-installing-4-identical-ram-modules-will-not-work-but-beep.html
Relevancy 58.05%

This concerns an older computer(Compaq Presario 5030) that uses 66 MHz, 168-pin, non-parity SDRAM modules. Is there any problem with installing the same type of SDRAM in 100 MHz speed? The computer shops in the area no longer carry modules in 66 MHz speed. I realize that the 100 MHz modules would only run at the 66 MHz speed, but can they be used?

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a GA-EX -UD motherboard with memory slots i - OC to Currently installed are CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model 6x2GB Modules Memory 2133MHz 4x4GB 1600MHz vs HX 6x2GB 1600MHz vs 4x4GB 2133MHz Memory Modules X G C G My motherboard can handle faster memory so to try and 6x2GB 1600MHz vs 4x4GB 2133MHz Memory Modules give me a boost I bought G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL I've read so many different views on this and just need a definitive answer and this forum has always provided me with a wealth of knowledge so thanks With what I am working with what is my best option Should I stick with the x GB modules at MHz or switch to the x GB modules at MHz OR if you have other options I'm more than willing to listen I know I should have posted here before purchasing the new ram but I'm here now I can always send it back If you need more info on my system feel free to ask Thanks for any and all help

A:6x2GB 1600MHz vs 4x4GB 2133MHz Memory Modules

well in my experience ram clock past some limit doesnt have much visible benefit (well benchmarks may say othervise) but real experiencie is not noticeable. I dont do extreme oc so i dont know if that helps in ocing cpu.
in my opinion main reason for upgade would be you use less of your ram slots

i think 4x4 is better than 6x2..

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219582-6x2gb-1600mhz-vs-4x4gb-2133mhz-memory-modules.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Anybody knows which DDR4 memory modules work with this model? I tried 2x16gb 2400Mhz modules and they didn't work. Any experience?

A:RAM memory DDR4 compatible modules for pavilion 17- ab000nv

Hi, No, they won't physically fit. Even if fitted, they won't run that speed. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-memory-DDR4-compatible-modules-for-pavilion-17-ab000nv/td-p/5767547
Relevancy 58.05%

I can't seem to get Message Analyzer to capture network data After clicking on nbsp quot Start Local Trace quot nbsp I just get a bunch of quot Windows Kernel Trace quot And I get an error at the top that says quot Modules Loaded Errors or warnings were found when loading modules quot I'm not sure nbsp what the cause is and what I need to do to fix this nbsp loading were found warnings Loaded: Modules or when Errors Error: modules And this is what I get when I click on the show log button I couldn't paste everything because it's too long and this website won't take it all PM Information Cannot generate enum for map TCPIP SLOW PATH REASON ValueMap because it have different fields with same name PM Information Cannot generate enum for map TCPIP SLOW PATH REASON ValueMap because it have different fields with same name PM Progress Loaded cached module 'Windows Kernel Trace ProcessTracking cc d b c ef fb e mdb' PM Information Module cache file doesn't exist C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer CompilationCache ExtendTCPIP ecf d b eac c c f b mdb PM Information Module cache file doesn't exist C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer CompilationCache ExtendTCPIP ecf d b eac c c f b mdb PM Error C Users Error: Modules Loaded: Errors or warnings were found when loading modules N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error: Modules Loaded: Errors or warnings were found when loading modules Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error Error: Modules Loaded: Errors or warnings were found when loading modules C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPComponentExt opn - nbsp undeclared 'EventTemplate ' PM Error C Users N AppData Local Microsoft MessageAnalyzer OPNAndConfiguration OpnForEtw OpnForEtwProcess TCPIPCo... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bdf8c18e-54a6-42df-9681-c11f0089f61d/error-modules-loaded-errors-or-warnings-were-found-when-loading-modules?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 57.62%

Problems installing ram in vista premium bit I just bought new ram modules OCZ pc DDR And when i shutdown my computer and installs the ram x gb modules The system Bsod i dont even get the possibility of starting up modules Problems ocz ram vista premium in installing 2x2gb 32 bit. in safe mode cause the system hangs to at the Bsod screen it says try push F to get start up menu and start up in safe mode Problems installing 2x2gb ocz ram modules in vista premium 32 bit. but since the sys hangs i cant i had x gb before also Problems installing 2x2gb ocz ram modules in vista premium 32 bit. but they are only at mhz wich are the reason that i want to change the modules the system runs fine with the old x gb modules why cant i change to these new ones I found a patch that was made by microsoft wich was made because gb ram and Bsod was a common problem i guess but when i try to install that patch it says that the update isent relevant for my system Any one having any ideas what i might do

A:Problems installing 2x2gb ocz ram modules in vista premium 32 bit.

Did you look up the maximum frequency that the mainboard will run the RAM before you installed them? It really shouldnt make a difference but if you did happen to exceed the limits of the board...it may cause system hangs.

I looked up that type of RAM...do you know that its frequency is 1150 MHz? You are attempting to use RAM twice as high of frequency of your existing. You may be not able to use this RAM because its frequency is too high.

Just to check, in your BIOS...does it show that you have 4 GB RAM installed? If it doesnt...reconnect them and try again. If that works...I dont think the RAM would work.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232391-problems-installing-2x2gb-ocz-ram-modules-vista-premium-32-bit.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone, I just have one simple question about this type of memory RAM modules, is it posible to pair together 2 modules of RAM , same brand and speed one with parity capabilties and the other one without? this while parity checking being enabled on the motherboard thanks for your replies in advance

A:Question about parity RAM modules

To the best of my knowledge they must both be parity or non parity. Ram is very tempermental, does not like mix and match.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/111098-question-about-parity-ram-modules.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hallo I tried to upgrade the memory in my P currently there is MB module installed in the slot beneath the keyboard I purchased x MB SO-DIMM PC ram modules but both lead to errors lead modules - 3500 memory error to Portege 512MB BIOS-beeps I tried different combinations keyboard-slot bottom-slot empty -- gt long short keyboard-slot empty bottom-slot -- gt long short short keyboard-slot bottom-slot -- gt long short keyboard-slot bottom-slot -- gt long short short keyboard-slot bottom-slot -- gt long short pause long short short This sounds as if the bios refuses the mb modules I guess the beeps mean long short - keyboard-slot ram refusal long short short - bottom-slot ram refusal but according to the manual it should be possible to install or mb modules What am I doing wrong Do I need a BIOS update currently installed quot ACPI BIOS quot Portege 3500 - 512MB memory modules lead to error If only a new BIOS supports mb modules - is there a possbility to upgrade the bios from unix the only BIOS download I found on the Toshiba support pages unfortunately just works for windows Help would be much appreciated

A:Portege 3500 - 512MB memory modules lead to error

Yes, you can upgrade your 3500 up to 1024 mb memory ( 2 x 512 mb ) but only with the right modules
You need *16 x 32 ( 16 chip architecture )* PC133 , 3,3v sdram modules ( 144 pins so-dimm )

I fear that your 512 mb modules are not compatible :-( you can count the chips on the module, there should be 8 chips on both sides of the module

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?49137-Portege-3500-512MB-memory-modules-lead-to-error
Relevancy 56.76%

Anyone know of modestly priced external module that can connect to external case spdif connectors that then can be connected to existing Creative 4 speaker system?

Have Gigabyte motherboard with external conection bracket where Realtek onboard six channel sound is available.

Thanks in advance.

A:SPDIF on Motherboard and modules question.

your question is poorly worded, all I can make about it is you want to use the digital connection to your speakers. They must be digital for there to be any real gain in sound quality, which means to need a digital sound system. reword the question a little better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/spdif-on-motherboard-and-modules-question.10889/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a computer I built and used since 2010 running well. It has two matched 4GB sticks of DDR3 for a total of 8GB. I have two remaining slots (empty) for ram on the motherboard to add more ram. Do I need to find the exact same memory as the ram I am currently using or does it matter?

A:Question regarding Dual Channel Memory- Mix or Match Memory

If you can get the same kit again it would be best but if you can get a kit with the same timings, speed, and voltage you should be okay. You should use cpu-z to find out your kit model and timings it supports. CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID At the moment your two current sticks should in the white slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/377014-question-regarding-dual-channel-memory-mix-match-memory.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Memory Riser Question XW8600 Is the HP 449416-001 MEMORY RISER compatible with the XW8600? I am about to recieve 4 of these risers (free from my friend) and would like to know if anyone could tell me if they are compatible with the xw8600 (part# RV726AV)? xw8600 (part# RV726AV) -->URL: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?sp4ts.oid=3432827 Thanks in advance--- J4.52

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-Riser-Question-XW8600-Is-the-HP-449416-001-MEMORY/td-p/5633346
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello.

I have a MSI K9A2 CF V2.

It supports Up DDR2 1066 and up to 8GB.

I have 2 2GB sticks right now which I will be moving to another computer. I wish to buy 2 sets of 2 2GB 10666. The board support 4 sticks of ram. If I buy 2 separate of the same memory will I have an issue meaning 4 total sticks of the same ram. Meaning will the sticks do there little duel channel thing??

Thanks,
Kyle

Relevancy 41.71%

I hope that I m explaining this correctly I apologize if its not correct I have a Dell Xps desktop computer that had x gig Installing New Memory sticks of memory at MHz Kingston I just added an additional x gig sticks of memory at MHz Crucial When checking to see if all is okay and its showing in my system I find that in my BIOS its reading as MHz and not MHz Would this be because I m not using the same brand of memory I did run a CPUID scan to find that there is a slight difference in the specs the voltage remains the same at v The frequency does vary In the Crucial memory the frequency is MHz MHz and MHz The Kingston s frequency is MHz MHz and MHz Is this enough to cause my computer not to Installing New Memory read the memory properly because they re not exactly identical Thank you for any help in this area for I am truly lost nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I have an HP Pavilion u401cl it has four Memory Slots. Two of the four slots have 256 ddr400 184 pin memory in them. I took them out and put a 1gig 184 pin ddr400 in but the computer doesnt start. Is one stick of 1gig ram compatable or do I need to put in two sticks of 512.

A:Installing Memory

thats interesting because it states that u have 2 available memory slots with a 1gb max (2x512's)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&cc=us&dlc=pt&product=396647&printable=no

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.561188/
Relevancy 41.71%

When installing memory chips, there are a couple of details I would like to see in writing.

If two chips are of different size, does it matter which order they are installed in the slots?

Is it better to use one big chip, say 512, or two smaller chips, like two 256es?

This would help others as well.

A:Installing memory

Doesn't make any difference, the CPU will address the memory in the same manner at the same addresses regardless of the slot it is in or whether or not you split it up. The biggest difference is the type and speed of the memory you are installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.84567/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Dell computer running Windows XP Home SP2. The documentation I have says to install memory in equals pairs. My machine currently has 2 256Mb memory cards installed in DIMM connectors 1 and 2. I just received a 512 Mb card from a friend but wondered what will happen if I install it in DIMM connector 3 leaving DIMM 4 empty. Will I get the full benefit of an additional 512Mb of memory or will windows XP even recognize it?

A:Installing memory with Win XP

Quote:

The documentation I have says to install memory in equals pairs.

= you need another 512 dimm but I would put the 512 modules in 1 + 2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-memory-with-win-xp-78540.html
Relevancy 41.71%

When I built my PC the memory I chose was 2.1V but the motherboard is 1.8V. I increased the voltage but have occasional memory errors so I have purchased a 1.8V set. My question is should I decrease the voltage before installing the new memory or just wait for the first boot and then enter the BIOS.

A:Installing new memory

This totally depends on the memory type. You haven't mentioned the memory make, speed or type at all, have you. Most motherboards will detect the memory type and set the speed/voltage automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-memory.130222/
Relevancy 41.71%

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. Thanks

A:Installing more memory

circusboy01 said:

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. ThanksClick to expand...

Don't know if this will help, but hopefully it will http://www.wikihow.com/Install-RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-more-memory.193227/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone.

I wanted to install more memory to one of my older computers, because the memory is only 128mb.

I have installed PCI cards in the past, and I am not a total newbie to computers.

My question is: How hard is it to install memory? Could someone tell me how to do it or where I can find instruction on how?

And if I already have 128mb memory and I add more memory, will I have to remove the 128 or do I add on to it? (Like if I buy 128 I will have 256)

Relevancy 41.71%

I'll be installing two new memory cards plus an extra parallel port in my Compaq Presario 5461.

What I need to know is:

Once I install the memory cards, then do I have to do something about "Hi Mem" ??? If so, what do I do?

If not, then will the OS (Win 98 v2) just recognize the new memory and accommodate it with no initial commands on my part?

When I install the second parallel port, do I need to give the system any commands in order for it to recognize the new port?? If so, then what do I do?

Thanx.

A:Installing memory

The memory chips will be detected automatically. Make sure that you have discharge any possible static you may have built up by touching the metal frame of the computer or better yet use a static wrist strap. Tiny amounts of static,less than you could feel, can destroy mem chips. The chips should be installed next to the ones already there, no open socket between.
The port may or may not be found automatically. If not, you may need to go into cmos setup program to turn on the port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.36624/
Relevancy 41.71%

I want to upgrade my memory, but I thought I'd better ask for some advice first before I do this since it will be my first time. I already have 32 MB of Sdram and I have one more slot open for another stick of memory. Is it possible to put a 64MB stick of memory in that slot or will I have to forget about 64MB and go with another stick of 32MB? I've read some about memory banking but I have forgotten. I will appreciate any comments, thanks----Dale

[This message has been edited by Dale_S (edited 05-12-2000).]

A:installing memory

You should be able to put any size stick in the free slot. Guess I should expand a little on this. Some motherboards are touchy about size and slot location but in general you should not have a problem adding a 64 along side the 32, worse that could happen is you would need to put the 32 in the open slot and the new stick where the 32 is now, but probably not. Newer motherboards will darn near accept anything, using a 128 with a 32 in the other machine.

[This message has been edited by brianF (edited 05-12-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.32899/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi, i bought a memory upgrade today, and am clueless as to how to install it lol.

i have a compaq presario 5000 series- i dont even know if waht i bought is appropriate for my computer

it is a kingston technology value ram memory upgrade module kvr-pc 2100 ddr/256.

please let me know what i should do. thanks soooo much!!

A:help- installing memory?? thanks so much!!

Turn off the power, open the case and install it in the appropriate memory slot. If you used their online memory configurator it should work just fine. All the memory is keyed so it will only go in one way and should snap into it's slot and lock in with the retaining clips.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-memory-thanks-so-much.183242/
Relevancy 41.71%

I currently have a memory stick from an older Compaq Presario and I m trying to put it in a Dell I must be a complete moron because I can t get the stick in Yes I m a noob at this I flipped the white buckles and slid the stick in but I could not get it go all the way in It keeps quot see-sawing quot I installing memory feel stupid Someone who knows about memory please read this thread laugh at me and then tell me what stupid thing I m doing wrong For now I feel shot down and I don t have enough balls to try anything else without assurances possible theories occured to me I put it in upside down How do you know Do you just try both ways Something is already in the slot installing memory and I have to remove it first The memory doesn t fit because it s uncompatible I don t installing memory know if it will even work when I put it in help I m stupid Maybe you can save me the trouble altogether and tell me some bad news like the memory is incompatible Will the memory even work on my machine The specs are below ---The Dell years old currently has ONE stick of memory and one slot free The stick in the dell is MB DDR SDRAM ---The memory from the Compaq years old is MB MHz CL The sticker also says Hyundai Korea PC U- - Hym v At -H AA The specs receipt for the Dell is here if it helps http www geocities com changayhouston junk dell html -inane nbsp

The memory you are trying to put in is incompatable, both physically and electrically.

There is a locating slot that doesnt line up, to stop you trying to do the very thing you are doing (and it works!)

DDR RAM and SD RAM dont mix, the PC would die horribly if you could fit the 133 SD stick in (the DDR is probably 266 or 333 MHz, the older stuff only 133 MHz)

Its possible that permanent damage could even occur if you managed to get it to fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.188407/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey TG,
Just curious, is there a particular type of memory I should install on a particular computer? I have 128, but my resources are low and instead of having 'puter crash, I was thinking installing memory would do the trick. I'm seeing all sorts of different memory sticks for sale but not sure which is right........can you give me a clue?
Also, to install......is there an old post that would give me the how-to's?

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows 98
OS Service Pack None
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 (IE 6.0 SP1)
Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium II, 400 MHz (4 x 100)
Motherboard Name Dell Computer Corp. OptiPlex GX1 400MTbr+
Motherboard Chipset Intel 82440BX/ZX
System Memory 28 MB (PC100 ECC SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (08/01/01)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Thanks in advance.

go curcial to look up the correct memory for your system. Being you have 100mhz ECC installed now I would get the same type as not to mix and match.

Low resources however are not a symptom of insufficent memory installed thought, but more of two many programs running at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.152176/
Relevancy 41.71%

Need to install more RAM. Told I have to install in pairs; if I have 96MB then have to add 96MB more and so on. I have a Compaq Presario, an old one. I think this is the model # (3D95CLX4W183). This was also on back of computer:
Series CMO900
Input
Hz 50-60
A 6/3
V 100-120V
200-240

Can you tell me exactly what kind of RAM to ask for when I go to the parts store. I trust you guys more than I would a salesman. They just want a bigger commission.
Thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

i have a 512 MB DDR PC 400 ram and i wanna buy another one ..my question is would any one work with this one or it should be exactly like it or what? thanx in advance

Relevancy 41.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC IVY Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Purchased pny gb ddr pc - memory stick on advice from staple for this computer Noticed this computer has memory slots can I remove one and add the new memory installing to increase memory or do i need to replace both slots If I can use this memory stick which slot do i remove old memory from Just trying to ressurect my sons older computer which is slow and low on memory just for them to use This computer is only capable of adding the gb i believe Any advice on how to save this computer would be appreciated Tanks tam nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Assistance please, Techies!!
I just bought 2 128mb PC-100 Samsung chips for my Gateway Performance 700, and thought instructions came with to install...WRONG! Can anyone assist, either here or e-mailing me instructions?
Thanks so much, Steve

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everybody :

I have a Gigabyte DS3H Motherboard. And I want to install new memory chips. According to the manual, I SHOULD install two chips (in two slots) to be able to activate the "Dual Channel " function.
NOTE : I'm running Window 7 32-bit.
With 32-bit Windows, the OS will only recognize 3 Gb maximum.
My question is.....can I use just one 4Gb Memory module instead of two 2Gb Modules ? The reason I ask is that most of the memory modules sold now start at 4Gb.

Thanks,
garystan

Relevancy 41.28%

I am attempting to re-install the memory on my Dell Optiplex GX110 after removing it to see what kind it was and which DIMM and which amount to consider the possibility of an upgrade. It came out quite easily; simply opening the tabs pushed it out.

I can't, however, get it back in. I can fit it into the slot, but it won't go down, even when I push the tabs down while pressing on the memory. At first I discovered this was because I had it in reversed, but now the notches match up and it doesn't go any further. What am I missing here? What is the proper procedure for installing memory on an Optiplex GX110?

Thanks,
Jacob

A:Installing Memory on a GX110

I found my solution elsewhere...

I had to push each end of the DIMM in separately and it went right in with no problems. I'm writing from the machine right now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-on-a-gx110.616123/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I took my Dell Latitude D in for repair Win XP Pro SP OS just updated before RAM burned out amp it wouldn t boot Repair tech replaced the fan and the memory chip next to it then added another GB of memory Since I ve had it home I ve experienced IE and Chrome crashing repeatedly I ve rebooted amp used F to try to get into setup and it continues to boot without letting me in First Boot Received a ckdsk Bad after new startups memory installing warning and ran scan Received following error during stage step Deleted Bad startups after installing new memory corrupt attribute list entry with type code ini file Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record segment msconfig exe up automatically Checked all selections amp looked good Closed it Bad startups after installing new memory after selecting not to see it again IE and Chrome crashing Silverlight crashing cannot load websites windows audio services and driver support not running in services they are automatic rebooted again Second boot used Shut Down then started fresh No error during startup but still would not let me in using F key Repeated crashes and failure to load websites after repeated tries Donwloaded hijackthis and installed but failure when attempting to use it led to blue screen error Stop x E XC - XBF BD XA DC x WIN K SYS Address BF BD base at BF Used power button to shut down and start up again No errors and I am so far able to use IE Ran HijackThis exe successfully and have a log if anyone has time to look at it Please Thanks Kaymee

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336324/bad-startups-after-installing-new-memory/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have 2 1024MB sticks that I wish to install.

Here's some info on my system:

Free space 118 GB
Used space 25.7 GB
Dell Dimension DV051 E310
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz 504 MB RAM

Running XP SP3
The instruction tell me to select a empty memory socket. Don't I have to remove the sticks that I'm replacing first?

A:Installing memory sticks

titleman said:

I have 2 1024MB sticks that I wish to install.

Here's some info on my system:

Free space 118 GB
Used space 25.7 GB
Dell Dimension DV051 E310
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz 504 MB RAM

Running XP SP3
The instruction tell me to select a empty memory socket. Don't I have to remove the sticks that I'm replacing first?Click to expand...

Ground your hands to the metal case then push on the locking tabs at either end of your existing RAM and move them outwards away from the RAM.

Pull out the existing sticks then make sure you align the notch in your new memory with the proper place in the socket.

Now firmly and evenly push the memory stick down and if you push far enough the locking tabs will come up and lock again.

Don't touch the contact part of your memory with your hands.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-sticks.816310/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Emachine 120 with 64mb of memory in it. I have tried to go onto Broadband but it said I needed 124mb free memory so I have bought 128mb of memory and placed it inside the pc but now when i try and run the Broadband install disk ( or any other disc) it either hangs the pc or reboots it. It is the same when I try and use the internet to (still on my old dial up connection) If I remove the memory everything works again. Any ideas please?

A:Installing extra memory

I hope the memory you paid for is PC100 SDRAM and the computer will only hold 128 MB max per stick X2 sticks,for your info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-extra-memory.491798/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi. Recently I got a Toshiba NB305 from an Uncle of mine, and it came with Windows 7 starter. I decided to upgrade it to Ultimate, seeing as I have the CD. I copied the contents of the CD to a flash and transferred it to the Toshiba. When I opened the setup.exe, a small window popped out and gave a prompt for a split second. I had to take a screenshot to get what the prompt was. It was 'Program too big to fit in memory'. I've tried stopping some processes that weren't necessary in order to free up computer memory usage but it didn't work.
I really want to get this OS up to Ultimate, any help please? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 41.28%

Hewlett Packard
Compaq Presario SR 1000 SR1639UK
Product EK350AA-ABU
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello, I wish to upgrade my PC with more RAM. Understand that upgrading RAM is easy.
Can any one guide me on how to carry this out.
Is it worth it considering the make and model??

A:Advise regarding installing more memory

Windows XP Home SP3 on a single core 2.2Ghz processor should run fine on 1GB of memory. Considering the cost of "DDR400 PC3200" I wouldn't upgrade, unless you absolutely needed more memory for a specific reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-regarding-installing-more-memory.183301/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have a hp pavilion t uk that came with gb of Dimm memory The motherboard has four memory slots two of these slots have two mb memory modules in them The pavilion is capable of taking up to gb of memory I purchased single gb memory module and tried to plug that into the rd memory slot closest to the two installed memory modules as per the manual installing memory PC Crashes after When I booted the pc it got past PC Crashes after installing memory the login screen started loading then crashed After a lot of playing around it seems the module I just purchased works fine on its own in the first slot I then added one of the mb module to the second slot and system remained stable no problem So the system is stable and working with gbs of memory the new gb in the first slot and one of the original mb modules PC Crashes after installing memory in the second PC Crashes after installing memory Whatever way I configure the memory as soon as I put a module in the rd or th slot the pc crashes after the windows login process Any ideas Thanks Michael nbsp

A:PC Crashes after installing memory

It would be wiser to test the memory rather then booting Windows as you can seriously corrupt your Windows installation. I'd recommend using Memtest86+: http://www.memtest.org/

The new stick may not be compatible, did you check on any Memory manufacturer's site's to see if they recommend it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashes-after-installing-memory.532540/
Relevancy 41.28%

My neighbor wants me to install mb memory in her compaq WV compaq computer I believe it has mhz processor and Compaq Memory Installing on this is what i found on compaq site what ones would you recommend and does it seem ok Installing Memory on Compaq to add that amount She s got mb now and winxp running on dsl it is very sluggish Use our powerful Memory Configurator to get the right upgrade the first time for your computer Manufacturer Compaq Model Presario Series Model WV Maximum Memory MB Standard Memory MB removable Number of Slots banks of Notes Module Size Module Type Manufacturer Price More Info MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq Due to timing issues please verify the price that appears in the shopping cart If any discrepancies occur the price that appears in the shopping cart will be the valid price Thanks in advance Bob nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I cant install the module

Any hints?

the mobo is bending if i push too hard.

Relevancy 41.28%

Here's one for you...
I originally had 2x 256M ram installed on my system and decided I'd like to bump it up to 1G so I purchased a Kingston 512M stick to install in the 3rd slot- it's an AD77 mobo so it only has the 3 slots. The 3 sticks are all PC3200 400DDR. However, now the cpu freezes on the windows xp welcome screen. So I took one of the 256M sticks out and it loads up fine. It also reads there is 768M ram on the system. I've tried putting the sticks in different combinations using the 3 slots but it only ever works if there are 2 sticks installed- adding the 3rd causes it to freeze. The system should support up to 2G ram so I don't know whats going on! Hope someone can help!!!

A:trouble installing memory

Check in your bios the memory timing for your ram. The new ram may not run with the same cas settings as the old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-memory.42223/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an AMD athlon MP 1800 PC2100(133MHZ), socket A (462) chipset set is SIS 762main board is manufactured by ECS MODEL M830LR I have 2 sticks of 256 DDR memory, I purchased 2 512 sticks of DDR memory, manufactured by kingston, I installed them but the monitor would not come on it would only stay in the standby mode, but the computer powered up normally, what is the procedure for installing new memory, do you have to do anything to the bios, the maximum memory I can install is 1 GIG, any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I have an HP Pavllion Media Center PC. It has 3072 RAM 640GB Hard Drive, Also AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor and OS is Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to install more memory but really dont know anything about it. I have heard you should install 2 equal memory when installing, With a Quad core processor would that mean 4? Any recommendations on type, size, brand etc.? Thankyou

A:Advice On Installing Memory Please

that is bullcrap about the matching processor amount...all you need to do is research what type of memory your motherboard can take, and how much...for example:
-My mobo can handle up to 2gb of SDRAM pc133 168 pin memory
-First start out with how much you want....I can use 1GB, easily because I know whaqt program I have running at all times, and always disable extra crap like kodak phto center and stuff like that....if you arn't really concious about how much memory you are using, I would go for 2GB, maybe 3....
-Then you have to make sure your motherboard supports this kind....(there are a few ways you can go about finding the product name of your mobo...eitehr take off the cover of your case, and look for a big printed on the board code, mine is D845HV...you can google what comes stock in a certain kind of computer...or you could search for a motherboard information program that will tell you everything that you need to know about specifying it....)
-One you know how much you want, and how much you can support, you can go about finding what kind you support...you can usually find this with how much you can support, as it will probably be in the form that I gave you in my example....
-Once you know how much, and what kind, shop around for the overall lowest price....
-High density ram is cheaper, but is very dense on the load that it carries, making it run a bit slower sometimes...also motherboards cannot always handle high density ram so check...
-Low density Ram is going to take up more room (slots), which can be vital if you have only 3 slots like me...Alot have 4+
-Vista also supports using a flash drive as Ram, although it is usually significantly slower, it can still work towards keeping a program stable (keeping your system from freezing up)
-To use a flash drive as Ram, plug it into a 2.0 usb port, wait for auto play, and at the bottom there will be an option called Readyboost, click on it, and select how much of the drive you would like to use as *Virtual ram*...This is then unaccessable for file use, but can be very helpful when running large programs all at once, or keeping those quick launch icons (the kodak and other crap) running without using up valuable system RAM
Hope this helps

BTW, if you are running 3 GB of ram, and still slow, think about going to start=>and in search type msconfig...it will bring up a utility manager, and you should go to the bootup tab, and disable all of the useless programs automatically started at startup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162593/advice-on-installing-memory-please/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm looking to add a memory card to my father's laptop and need a little help. I've got a lot of desktop experience but NO laptop hardware experience. Where the hell does it go?? I can't figure it out.

He has a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop. Is there anything I should know before I add it?? I know it's a piece of cake on desktops but how about laptops? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all i recently bought some OCZ DDR to upgrade my machine a bit i had a BSOD installing new memory after SAITEC MB DDR and bought MB OCZ DDR all CL to add to it the first new stick i got i put in and when i booted BSOD after installing new memory up i got a IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD with an ati file listed so i reinstalled my gfx driver which seemed to solve the BSOD after installing new memory problem so my other stick arrives a few days later put that in and the computer wont boot at all i solved that by lowering the memory FSB to my motherboards cpu FSB is and i have a FSB athlon xp cpu however if i try to launch system mechanic it just gives a BSOD which it never with the SAITEC and the first OCZ stick also i tried defragging last night and when i looked this morning defragger had closed itself so i checked the date of the latest dmp and it was am so i think it BSOD ed in the night and rebooted if i put the OCZ sticks in it seems ok if i put OCZ and SAITEC it seems ok but if i put in that third memory bank it doesnt seem to like it which makes me think i can only use DDR in the first slots before having to lower the speed on the BIOS so the obvious answer would be to either use gig or gig at however now im getting a BSOD with system mechanic with either combo iv searched up and down looking for a solution any got any ideas iv attached the last dmps and my system spec is this MSI KT V motherboard x OCZ DR CL MB RAM x SAITEC DDR CL MB RAM Athlon XP CPU Radeon SE MB SB Audigy Platinum eX Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD after installing new memory

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Don`t mix speeds/brands/sizes of ram. It causes lots of problems.

See Tedsters ram sticky HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.s I forgot to add. Your minidumps are crashing due to ram problems, but I guess you already know that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-installing-new-memory.47565/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am replacing an old Dell system with a new one in a few days. I want to add my 64 RAM card from the old machine to the new machine and install the old machine's DVD Rom drive as well. Is there a website where I can get information on doing this myself?

I know just enough to be very dangerous and want to make sure it's done properly.

Cheers....

A:Installing memory and DVD Rom Drive

The RAM may not be compatible with your new system.. I DO NOT recommend that you do this your self, once you open your new system up that will void any warranty.... also the RAM in a computer is very easy to kill, the slightest bit of static elecrity can kill off the RAM. Once again, if you don't know what you are doing DO NOT do it, get a professional to do it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-and-dvd-rom-drive.45545/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have Windows XP Pro. I have 2 PCI slots, one containing 120 mb and the other containing 256 mb giving me a total of 394 mb of memory. I bought 3 different sticks of 256 mb (due to I thought ram was bad, but its not.). I looked in Bios and it shows 2 sticks of 256 ram giving a total of 512 mb, BUT I had to take the new ram out due to when I would turn pc on a black screen would come up and I would select "start windows normally" and all that did was just keep rebooting. I have tried doing a bios update but unable due to when I put in the command on the command prompt it came back saying bad command.
Is there something in the bios that might need to be checked or unchecked? I just don't know what to do. Please help and any and all help is deeply appreciated.

Relevancy 41.28%

Working on dell dimension 4400,reinstalling xp.Computer only had 128 meg of Nanya DDR PC 2100 CL2.Put in a stick of kingston 256 pc 3200 CL3 I had on hand and It runs fine with that.Debating on if i should try to install original stick of memory along side with the new kingston or just call it good.Smoked a MB one time installing wrong memory so I am a little gunshy.I feel worse case is that it wont run properely but wanted some feedback.

Relevancy 41.28%

So I originally had an older GPU forgot the model but it installing since memory and new ever Problems GPU was NVIDIA everything worked fine After installing it my PC starts most of the time however sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore I have a Samsung GB SSD as well as a HDD I keep wondering if it Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU may be because of my PowerSupply its a ThermalTake Tr w What information should I supply The overall problem when I boot my PC it sits at the Asus press f to enter bios etc however before I installed my new GPU and new Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU Memory it was never giving me these problems I've had so many weird problems since this installation At first the computer would power on then power off and then Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU back on again before it loaded windows now that doesn't happen and now my PC just sits at the BIOS for a long time before loading into windows Othertimes only happened about times now it will load up to windows and show a blinking underscore and it will do nothing but sit there with that underscore Anyone know anything about this Am I posting in the right section

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47789-problems-ever-since-installing-new-memory-gpu.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So I originally had an older GPU forgot the model but it was NVIDIA everything worked fine After installing it my PC starts since Problems GPU ever installing memory new and most of the time however sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore I have a Samsung GB Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU SSD as well as a HDD I keep wondering if it may be because of my PowerSupply its a ThermalTake Tr w What information should I supply The overall problem when I boot my PC it sits at the Asus press f to enter bios etc however before I installed my new GPU and new Memory it was never giving me these problems I've had so many weird problems since this installation At first the computer would power on then Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU power off and then back on again before it loaded windows now that doesn't happen and now my PC just sits at the BIOS for a long time before loading into windows Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU Othertimes only happened about times now it will load up to windows and show a blinking underscore and it will do nothing but sit there with that underscore Anyone know anything about this Am I posting in the right section

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47789-problems-ever-since-installing-new-memory-gpu.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I used to have DDR cards installed in the computer today I bought a new GB card So I tought that I could use the of Computer memory.:S more beeps installing when them and have GB BUT whenever I put any of those cards in the middle slot for RAM the computer doesnt start up and it beeps continuosly Ive tried all combinations possible using the cards like putting the gb card in the last slot and a card in the middle one two in Computer beeps when installing more memory.:S the first two slots and the gb one in the last one but it doesnt work in anyway if i place any card in the middle slot Ive searched in the internet and some people say that it is a K RAM problem or something like that but they dont give a solution for the problem Anyone that could help me with this problem please Thanks in advance PS Ive switched around the cards and im currently using the computer with the gb card and one of the cards and all of them work fine the problem only happens if I place one of them in the slot on the middle nbsp

A:Computer beeps when installing more memory.:S

Can anyone help me please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-when-installing-more-memory-s.77803/
Relevancy 40.85%

hi people,i have just installed a 512mb memory card on my mums pc with is a packard bell imedia 1328.the memory stick i purchased was a ddr2 533 mhz (pc2-4200)but now i realise it may have been a ddr pc3200 stick i should have got,but the one i got fits in the holder ok though.would this cause the computer not to send a signal to the monitor and is there any type of difference in the two memory sticks i have mentioned?thanks for your help

A:cannot get display on screen after installing new memory

Memory types PC2-3200 and PC2-4200 are both 240pin memory cards. They have the same pinout. You can use one for the other, but using the faster one may not actually run faster if the motherboard can not utilize the extra speed OR IF you are concurrently using the mix of slower memory with the faster memory.

As far as I can tell (looking at PB's website), it looks like your computer can use just a single or both (there appear to be only two memory slots) at the time.

Besides, if you had the "other" PC3200" memory, a 184 pin memory card, it just should not fit. So, I am pretty sure that your memory appears to be the correct pinout.

As for your question: "would this cause the computer not to send a signal to the monitor"
Perhaps, if the memory card is bad.

Put your old memory card back in, all by itself. If it works, whereas just having the new memory card in, by itself, does not work; I would then guess the new memory card is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-display-on-screen-after-installing-new-memory.609579/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I ve recently purchased a kit of Corsair Vengeance GB initially an upgrade to replace my old Kingston HyperX GB Now i m thinking that maybe I can use them all on my motherboard but I don t know how to properly configure them My of memory. & 2 Condiguring Installing types motherboard X- A-UD R rev New GB Kit Corsair Vengeance GB Old GB Kit Kingston HyperX GB When I bought my new RAM i tried to find something that was working with XMP Intel s Extreme Memory Profile so both of those Installing & Condiguring 2 types of memory. memory types have XMP but when I plug them in both and check the voltages and timings they don t match to the spec sheets The timings are - - - and the voltages are v and v the channel and rank interleave are and What do you recommend EDIT If Installing & Condiguring 2 types of memory. I plug them in separatly then the timings change to the lowest - - - I know that if you plug in different types of RAM the timings stay at the lowest of all but I m concerned about the voltages and wether its better to just run the corsair at - - - or all of them at - - - nbsp

A:Installing & Condiguring 2 types of memory.

both brands need to be rated rated to run at the same voltage

these are not

just run the corsair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-condiguring-2-types-of-memory.1078941/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

This problem has been driving me crazy for some time now and I can't find any solutions anywhere.

It is a new build and it runs fine with 2Gb of memory installed, but as soon as i insert a second memory stick it goes through BIOS and 2-5 seconds of the Windows Logo before a bluescreen flashes by and the screen goes black.
It will reboot and perform a Windows repair but with the same result.

Same thing happens if I install my graphics card.

Any help would be highly appreciated, since running on 2Gb of memory and on-board graphics isn't my plan

Regards,
Lamox

A:New build, BSOD when installing more than 2Gb of memory

Welcome
Your post, itself, hints at the problem as do your reports

Run for 8 passes.
Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes.
If you have dual channel, the results may be incorrect, if shows pass.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248469-new-build-bsod-when-installing-more-than-2gb-memory.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Can I put a PC-133 memory card in my computer that takes
DDR2 240-PIN DIMM 64x64
Speed Description
PC2-5300 / 667 MHz Non-ECC, Unbuffered Units
?

A:Installing older memory card

No, not unless you use a large hammer and have no expectation of the PC running again.

They are different pin format and vastly different speeds. The RAM would not actually fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-older-memory-card.624747/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all, desperate for some help here (my idea of technical is my sewing machine so please go easy on me) I have a dell studio laptop 1555-7380 and want to boost the memory which i think can go up to 8GB. I believe i need a DDR3 (didn't he used to be in star wars?) Could you please tell me if my laptop has one or two slots for this and more importantly how i put one in. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.85%

i SURE AM A SLOW LEARNER- (ALOS DYSLEXIC-DOESNT HELP!)
HAVE COMPAQ 12XL125 LAPTOP AND NEED MORE MEMORY TO RUN MY EXTRAS LIKE CD-WRITER AND PROGRAMS-
BOUGHT 128MB (HIGHEST) MEMORY BOARD DIRECT FROM COMPAQ-
WARNING CAME IN PACKAGE SAYING TO DOWNLOAD ALL DATA BEFORE INSTALL JUST INCASE- WELL, IS IT 'JUST INCASE'?
OR, DO i HAVE TO- THERE IS TOO MUCH AND iM HAVING TROUBLE W/ A DRIVE-FLOPPIES, AND CD-WRITER NEEDS THAT MEMORY- CAN I JUST STICK THAT BOARD IN SLOT AND GO? WILL I DEFINATELY LOSE DATA? AND IF SO ALL, OR MOSTLY WHAT?
i KNOW I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND BE CAREFUL OF SHOCK- BUT HOPEFULLY THAT'S IT-
THE SOONER THE BETTER SO I CAN GET ONTO MAKING BACK-UPS AS i HAVE ALREADY HAD ONE PREVIOUS FAILURE LOSING ALL MY WRITINGS AND PICTURES- VERY SAD!

THANKS SO MUCH!
-RAVAGEDSUMMER

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, so recently I upgraded my ram from 8 gb to 16. I've been getting some crashes after this and it only happens when im browsing never when im gaming.

My specs are:

Motherboard: P8P67 DELUXE ASusTEk
CPU: Intel (r) Core(TM) i5-2500k cpu @ 3.30 ghz
Memory: DDR 3 Vengenance LP
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580
Sound: Nvdia High Def Audio * 2
Realtek High def Audi *1
Storage Devices: OCZ-Vertex 3 120gb SSD

If anyone needs additional details such as reports please tell me what to do, I'll be gladly to do it.

Thanks!

Regards,
Victor

A:BSOD Memory Mismanagement after installing of new ram

Welcome

Did you have problems before adding the ram?

Without the dump files we won't be able to say what's causing your system to BSOD. Follow instructions on the link below and post them.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251462-bsod-memory-mismanagement-after-installing-new-ram.html