Windows Support Forum

Browser in loop-opening while playing games

Q: Browser in loop-opening while playing games

First of all I in playing while Browser loop-opening games have to say sorry for my bad english If there s something you don t understand please tell me and I ll try to explain better Hello I come here because quot Dr Web quot wasn t able to solve my huge problem Let me explain just over a week ago while I was playing with AION my default browser opened windows at random without me to do anything different from playing So I said to myself quot all right quot because just closing both was enough to continue playing normally After that I played another game TERA and since then the situation has worsened While playing the browser keeps opening Browser in loop-opening while playing games causing lag blocking my vision and sometimes causing a crash I thought it was a situation caused by TERA but my brother said he had the same problem with other games I tried to install any type of game thinking it was a problem only for those of Gameforge but nothing the default browser in this case Chrome continues to open windows I also tought quot maybe it s Chrome my problem quot but nothing any other browser give me the same problem I was wondering if the issue of my mad-browser was something dedicated only to online games so I installed a local game and set off my connection but the problem persists and the windows still opens I did all kinds of possible scans with my antivirus AGV but did not find anything I tried with CCleaner but nothing I do not know what to do and I sincerly hope you can help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Browser in loop-opening while playing games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Browser in loop-opening while playing games

Here is my txt file of FRST.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/browser-in-loop-opening-while-playing-games.62097/
Relevancy 86%

I've had a lot of bsod's in the past but this set has come at the same time that I'm having issues with powering my usb peripherals. I'm suspecting there might be a hardware issue I wouldn't be able to diagnose alone. Bsod's start 10-20 minutes into playing games or an hour or two into internet browsing. Any point in the right direction is appreciated.

A:BSOD when playing games/opening many browser tabs

it looks like your graphics is the issue, try someone else's card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377856-bsod-when-playing-games-opening-many-browser-tabs.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi I am currently running my system using a Leadtek NVIDIA Quadro XGL Graphics Card which had been working fine for games and CAD until recently when i tried to run a game The symptoms are very similar in every game i try to run HALO CS S HL DOOM FEAR A few mintues after opening a level it will begin to freeze playing Games Driver when Loop for seconds or more and then continue working for a few mintues and then freeze for another minute or so and then polygons and maps within the d world go absoloutley crazy charcters will suddenly start to glow stair cases Driver Loop when playing Games will grow infinitely and then shrink to the size of matchboxes If i look in a certain direction the screen will fill with strange d boxes My gun will suddenly become exactly the same colour and texture as a nearby cliff and the cliff will suddenly grow a scope and start shooting people This coupled with the freezing makes for a very confusing and unpleasant experience The computer will then freeze permanently before the blue screen of death appears it reads as follows quot A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer The problem seems to be caused by the following file nv disp If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop This usually indicates problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly Please check with your hardware vendor for any driver updates Technical Information STOP x EA x x c B xF BE CBC x nv disp Beginning dump of physical memory quot If anybody would like to help it would be much appreciated CAD and other programs still seem to work fine and i have installed the latest driver for my graphics card My Theory is that it may be attempting to run two video card drivers at the same time under the NVIDIA folder where the driver s are there is a folder called Win KXP and inside that folder there are two folders one is called and the other is called i think these may be the two different driver versions the computer is trying to run simultaneously I don t want to go and randomly delete or move any system folders right now without a garuntee that it won t affect the work i have stored on my pc Its a nice challenging problem for all you people who think you know it all to figure out Any theories or rough guesstimates would be helpful Though i feel like i ve tried everything nbsp

A:Driver Loop when playing Games

Hi and welcome. Please do not duplicate post.

Reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/469484-driver-loop.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/driver-loop-when-playing-games.469483/
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm getting blue screen of death when playing World of Tanks. Sometimes the sound gets really choppy before it crashes. Every time it does, the sound loops before BSOD. I had an xonar d1 that I removed. When I tried to uninstall the device the computer immediately BSOD. Currently I am running off on the onboard audio, but I am still getting BSOD. Drivers are all current. This is a pretty high end system that is not overclocked. MemTest Ran for 12+ hours with no errors. Any help will be appreciated.

Specs

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
New install, not an upgrade.
OS installed January
Computer was built in Jan 2010, upgraded CPU, SSDs and Video Card Jan 2012

A:BSOD + sound loop when playing games

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230967-bsod-sound-loop-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one games loop crash playing and sound Black screen while or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache I just checked my voltage with HW Monitor and my v is kinda low Is this really a psu problem nbsp

A:Black screen crash and sound loop while playing games

If that +12v rail voltage is accurate then that would definately be a problem. Check the voltage in the BIOS as it could be a simple case of HWMonitor not reading the sensor output correctly.

Can you give us a DXDiag report.

Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box.

When the dxdiag window opens click the Save All Information button and save the text file to your desktop or another location so you know where it is.

Then copy and paste the entire content of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-and-sound-loop-while-playing-games.1066738/
Relevancy 67.94%

Everything was all good before 4-5 days ago. I changed the broken keyboard and it went bad. (Before replacement keyboard, my friend punched my bag that I was carrying by thinking there is nothing in it but there was my laptop Some plastic fragments came out from screw places, etc.) I got different BSODs randomly, especially when opening & playing games. I have blank screen or getting awry displays if something goes wrong.

Here are the last 4 dumps.

And these are the some BSOD reasons before this 4 dumps: APC INDEX MISMATCH, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED, ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62023-bsods-mostly-after-opening-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, i hope someone could help me. I'm using windows 7 ultimate 32bit version and I've been having a lot of pc crashes lately and its getting a blue screen and an error related to irql_not_less_or_equal. this happens when i try to open a new tab from my Chrome browser and play games. my system just halts and crash entering into a blue screen.

i really dont know what causing it but i manage to get a minidump file. i dont know how to read this error report and i think it needs some kind of debugging tool that i don't have. but from what i heard it tracks down the cause of the problem. i'm hoping to find the answer and fix it. the minidump files are attached, 3 reports in all. i hope someone can help me. thank you very much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-occurs-while-opening-browsers-and-playing-games.1047878/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. Over the last 6 months I get an unreal amount of BDOD'S. I used to get one once a week, but it has gotten to the point where I am getting around 3-4 daily. A Sure way to produce one would be to open a game I play (Guild Wars 2) and open a youtube video as well.

Sometimes I will be playing a game (League of Legends) and I will get another one if I am clicking too rapidly.

I also have skype open all the time if that helps with anything. Thank you for the help in advance, I really need help solving this!

A:BSOD While playing Games and opening youtube at the same time

I have gotten 4 blue screens since posting this! :/

I think it's worth to note that it isn't only youtube. If I have a game open, and open my browser and the webpage I load has ANY video on it (even a small ad) I will BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367081-bsod-while-playing-games-opening-youtube-same-time.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi, i hope someone could help about my problem. I'm using windows 7 32bit version and I've been having a lot of pc crashes lately and its getting a blue screen and an error related to irql_not_less_or_equal. i really dont know what it is but i manage to get a minidump file. i dont know how to read this error report but from what i read it tracks down the cause of the problem. i'm hoping to find the answer and fix it. the minidump files are attached, 3 reports all in all. i hope someone can help me. thank you very much

A:BSOD occurs while opening browsers and playing games.

anybody care to help?
i just had another crash, it happened when i opened a new tab on my browser.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222595-bsod-occurs-while-opening-browsers-playing-games.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My HDD died so I opted for a fresh install of Windows Professional on the new HDD I reinstalled all my programs other playing, opening, connected issues not Microsoft not video Games and drivers and such But I've had the same problem ever since Sometimes randomly when I start my computer these things happen all at once Microsoft Games solitaire minesweeper majong etc will not open I double-click on them and then nothing No error nothing to indicate the computer is trying to open them If I go directly to the application and try to open them there same thing Video does Microsoft Games not opening, video not playing, other connected issues not play correctly In WMP it just plays the audio and displays a small screenshot of the video as if it were album art Divx player won't play anything at all VLC player would open a separate screen called YUV SDL Output But the latest update for VLC fixed that If I try to Microsoft Games not opening, video not playing, other connected issues play a DVD I get this error Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video You might need to adjust your Windows display settings Open display settings in Control Panel and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings Changing the settings does nothing In Radeon Catalyst Control Center when I'm adjusting the video settings I will get an error stating the sample video cannot load If I were to play a game like Portal or Fallout New Vegas Microsoft Games not opening, video not playing, other connected issues nothing happens I put in the disc and nothing happens I double-click on the disc and nothing happens - just as with the Windows Games All of these happen at once randomly when I start my computer - sometimes everything works fine sometimes it all stops working Restarting my laptop usually fixes the problem I went through and updated all my drivers including the graphics drivers and updated Radeon Catalyst Control Center I've looked online for solutions but found no problems like mine Any help would be much appreciated -EDIT- Another issue that I just remembered When on youtube or other streaming media sites doesn't matter which player is being used if I try to go fullscreen it turns the screen black and opens a new tab called Adobe Flash Player But this quot tab quot is just transparent and nothing displays The sound still displays fine though I also can't do anything Everywhere I click it just stops plays the sound as if it was in fullscreen I have to hit Windows tab or ctrl alt delete to get back to regular view -EDIT - Found another thing affected I went to check my Windows Experience Index score and it said there is no information available you haven't run the test yet But I have multiple times So I go to run it and nothing happened I tried several times but had no response

A:Microsoft Games not opening, video not playing, other connected issues

I would run the System File Checker 1st. You may have a corrupted install of windows, which will require a reinstall, or at least a repair install.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Repair Install

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/225727-microsoft-games-not-opening-video-not-playing-other-connected-issues.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Sometimes i get bsod while running games. i don't know whats causing this, i pretty much don't know about bsods.
I just suspect the reason is there is secondary/primary graphic card on my computer, its called apu.
Device manager shows two display adapters, one of them "AMD HD 7660G" (my processor is AMD A-10 4600 APU with Radeon HD Graphics).
Other one "AMD Radeon HD 7700 series" says the device manager. (HD 7730M Chelsea Pro says the sticker on laptop)

I had this issue both before the format, and after the format. .dmp file is the first bsod after format.
I will try provide information if you ask anything else than posted.
I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks!
Note: User Account Control disabled on my computer. If this info helps anything.

A:BSOD playing games, or opening high graphic related programs

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
A stop ox116 is a display/graphics related BSOD. And your display driver seems to be out of date.

Code:
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 23 07:42:25 2012 (4F6BDC09)
Update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Let us know the results.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c10d4e0, fffff8800409c9f0, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+79f0 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c10d4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800409c9f0, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+79f0
fffff880`0409c9f0 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`093bd888 fffff880`04147140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0c10d4e0 fffff880`0409c9f0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`093bd890 fffff880`04146e4a : fffff880`0409c9f0 fffffa80`0c10d4e0 fffffa80`09e43910 fffffa80`0a3cd410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`093bd8d0 fffff880`0537bf13 : fffffa80`0c10d4e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09e43910 fffffa80`0a3cd410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309606-bsod-playing-games-opening-high-graphic-related-programs.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I've gotten the BSOD about 5 times in the last week, 4 out of 5 times while playing browser games. No recent hardware changes. I'm not terribly computer savvy, so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

See the attached .zip.

Model: HP Pavillion g6 notebook PC
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.61.01F.37
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4GB

Not sure what other information I need to provide...please advise.

Thanks!

A:BSOD Playing Browser games

Hi There,

It looks like it's your video driver,

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
igdkmd64+0xb5cda
It's a few years old,

Code:
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 15 11:08:20 2011 (4DA88994)
CheckSum: 00BA97E5
ImageSize: 00BA9620
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You can let HP detect your computer here,

HP Drivers and Downloads for Printers, Scanners and More | HP ? Support

And see if it finds a newer driver, or if you can give me the rest of your model number after the G6 I can try and find you the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334980-bsod-playing-browser-games.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am writing on behalf of my friend, who has the following problem: her Internet browser crashes and an error message appears soon after she starts playing flash-based games. This keeps happening in Internet Explorer, in Firefox and in Google Chrome. She sent me the error code, posted below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Application Timestamp: 4d76255d
Fault Module Name: Flash10v.ocx
Fault Module Version: 10.3.183.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e3b7034
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 003aa4f1
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

She also sent me a recording made with Problem Steps Recorder, it's here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1647588...ing_at_end.zip

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Browser crashes when playing flash games

The browser crashed because I think your are multi tasking and the memory cannot carry all the load you had been open that's why the browser crash.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-crashes-when-playing-flash-games.1015039/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello there I have been experiencing an issue with my default browser opening new windows or tabs when I am playing videogames. suspect Browser Default keeps while I a playing virus. opening video games Ill try to describe how this came to happen as Default Browser keeps opening while playing videogames. I suspect a virus. best I can Yesterday on the th a patch was released for a game called League of Legends After downloading the patch I tried to play a game during this game my League of Legends window would minimize and my computer opened a new window of Google Chrome my default browser at that time I exited the window and just went back to the game only to have this happen over and over making the game pretty much unplayable Better description of characteristics below I assumed it was a virus so I left the game and did a virus scan with Avast I found nothing I then tried to play the game again to no avail From here you can assume that I did a playtest after each of the following attempts I made to solve this issue and also restarted my computer many many times ofcourse failing after each attempt I uninstalled Google chrome entirely I repaired my game client I forced a repatch of my game client I checked my firewall settings I disabled my firewall I did a MalwareBytes Scan I did a Sophos Virus Removal Tool Scan which I found from looking at this forum post Couldn t find the relevant BleepingComputer Forum post apologies I did as TDSS Killer scan which I found at this post http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html I completely uninstalled my favorite game restarted my comp re installed the game restarted my comp changed fire wall settings to accept it and repatched No luck I have a laptop that uses adaptable graphics and it was when I tried to play a different game that I suspected that my graphics card may have been the root of the issue So I tried switching my graphics settings in my BIOs to quot fixed quot instead of quot Dynamic quot No luck That is it A couple notes on the issue itself It happens only when a graphic intensive thing is open So If I am not viewing the game then my default browser doesn t open more windows tabs It seems to happen in bursts Meaning I may have say secs of uninterrupted play but then about another of seemingly random bursts of quot alt tabbing quot to new browser windows tabs As far as I know that is all the info I can provide I hope some of it is of use I would greatly appreciate any help this problem prevents me from enjoying my computer Here are my logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Deemetry Treto at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files IDT WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system Hpservice exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Windows... Read more

A:Default Browser keeps opening while playing videogames. I suspect a virus.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Nothing suspicious was found on your log.Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixLink 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopIMPORTANT....1. Close any open browsers.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDouble click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt Note:Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlNote: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Search.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).Please post the logs for my review.p.s.I would also check my mouse and make sure it's not going bad.The driver may have been corrupted. Reinstall the mouse.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477548/default-browser-keeps-opening-while-playing-videogames-i-suspect-a-virus/
Relevancy 63.21%

Just like the title says

heres the SF diagnostic folder attachment

i'm not sure if this is the right way to find help

A:Black screen while playing any game (even browser games)

Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303152-black-screen-while-playing-any-game-even-browser-games.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys,

I have very good brand re-installed machine but too often when it is in idle or I have opened 2-3 browser windows or installing or removing some program there is BSOD.
Even when i play not so heavy games like Diablo 3 there is BSOD. I had this issue before reinstalling the Windows.

I am using Windows Pro 64 bit with 16 GB of RAM and brand new Video card.

Could you please tell me what is causing this issue. I am attaching all minidump files.

Thank you!

A:BSOD when started 2 or 3 browser windows or playing games

Welcome
Potentially a memoryproblem, lets find out for sure
Run for 8 passes.
Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes.
If you have dual channel, the results may be incorrect, if shows pass.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248523-bsod-when-started-2-3-browser-windows-playing-games.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'v been getting frequent BSOD almost everyday that is when everytime I had my firefox or internet explorer webrowser on atikmpag sys shows up in bsod screen everytime which i'm browser web playing games at settin BSOD full using not while but when assuming there may be a problem with the ATI graphic driver I've tried nearly everything including hardware maintenence updating gpu driver reinstalling memory test virus scan tweaking gpu setting and even formatting and reinstalling my OS but it still happens I'm not sure if its coincidence but after I removed the afterburner gpu monitoring software for msi radeon the BSOD now happens less frequent Here is my Spec OS Windows bit x Own built desktop with OEM OS Software Age of OS years Age of Hardware years old CPU PSU Motherboard Soundcard and Hard drive couple months old ram sticks and gpu CPU AMD Athlone II Quadcore GH PSU Seasonic AX- Motherboard ASUS M N TO EVO GPU MSI Twin Frozer III Radeon gb HDD Western Digital TB Blue Label BSOD while using web browser but not when playing games at full settin I'd really appreciate for solution and support because its been going on for more than a month I've attached the required information file as BSOD post instruction says

A:BSOD while using web browser but not when playing games at full settin

Problem Devices:
Code:
AODDriver4.1 ROOT\LEGACY_AODDRIVER4.1\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Use the following sites to help with the AODDriver4.1 issue. Rage3D Discussion Area - View Single Post - The AODDriver4.1 service failed .... Cat 12.2 megaproblems

Device Manager : Hidden Devices may help supplement the steps in that link.
Problematic Software:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\EPU Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\EPU Public
ASUS Power saving may put the system in an unnatural power state. Consider removing it at least to test whether it improves stability.
Make sure all Windows updates are installed. I note you do not have Service Pack 1 installed yet:Update to Service Pack 1 (SP1)Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [August 2011]

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [August 2011]

Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center

Service Pack 1 Download site

BugCheck 0x116

All of your crashes were DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.
Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For AMD:Uninstall AMD Catalyst Install Manager if it is listed (this should remove all AMD graphics software and drivers)
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers (this applies to onboard graphics, as well):Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Remember to try multiple versions of the graphics drivers, download them fresh, and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!
Your crashes were all 0x116 Video TDR Error cra... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236636-bsod-while-using-web-browser-but-not-when-playing-games-full-settin.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I've playing while browser DOMO and simple BSOD 124) even (Error games had this computer for a year and a half now It's been running fine until December I got a virus because of my younger sibling but I was able to solve that issue Even bought a new AV and everything was running smoothly But some weeks later maybe a month I had wifi issues My computer would have BSOD while playing DOMO and even simple browser games (Error 124) an X over the wifi icon on the start bar and said that there were no connections When in fact there were plenty of connections as my phone and my mom's netbook connected fine I just restarted the comp and it would solve the issue occasionally but then restarting my computer stopped working completely I took it to Office Depot had no other choice and they said my computer had many issues with it but to solve that one I just need to reinstall the driver If I allowed them to fix everything it would have cost something I can't pull out at the moment So I took their advice and did my best Honestly I think I downloaded the correct driver but now I'm having doubts It worked afterwards and stopped working a few times until it worked completely I cleaned my comp out researched errors etc Then last month I had another issue While playing Dream of Mirrors Online my whole computer froze and a high buzzing sound was heard But this only happened if the volume was on My laptop isn't overheating I think I checked the temps with Coretemp as recommended by another and it was C while idle and C was the highest it got while playing DOMO I have played heavier games in the past without any issues So back to the wifi problem When it froze it came back for a few seconds I was able to exit out of my game The wifi stopped working like it did before and then it completely froze again and then the BSOD came up saying there was uncorrectable hardware error I dunno what's the problem but I'm hoping it's something I can fix on my own as I don't have the money to make someone else do it Does anyone know what might be wrong Here's my question on another forum so that you can get the Error Viewer and other information I have on there including the photo of the blue screen I had a blue screen a long time ago too and may still have the photo Asus Laptop BSOD and Screen Freezing With High Pitched Sound - Microsoft Community

A:BSOD while playing DOMO and even simple browser games (Error 124)

Please complete this tutorial by Brink as per thread posting instructions.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367226-bsod-while-playing-domo-even-simple-browser-games-error-124-a.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all,

I experience for quite a while BSODs (10 so far) when playing Assassin's Creed Revelations or a browser game. I can sometimes play it for hours but often it just crashes after 5 minutes, giving me errors like
Unknown DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
or
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

(just two examples out of 10 crash dumps)

A:10 times BSOD while playing Assassin's Creed or browser games

Most of them are showing system files, with one pointing towards your video drivers.

Start by updating to the latest driver version

AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Step 1 > Notebook
Step 2 > Auto detect and install.

You're looking for support for the 6480G.

Do you recall updating any drivers/Windows update around the time this issue started?

Atm, I'd be leaning towards a software issue rather than hardware (ie faulty memory)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245470-10-times-bsod-while-playing-assassins-creed-browser-games.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have been getting the BSODs for days now started on They happened more or less at random times First time right after boot I launched a browser flash game and that killed it Then I was changing settings of Steam and it died again One more time happened while I was waiting for it to boot was not touching anything even browser games BSOD after boot/idle/playing flash (ntoskrnl.exe) Next time I did not launch any games was just doing browsing It was fine for minutes then I risked starting a flash game again played for minutes - bsod again I don't think all of these got logged but should be around - by now Used the BlueScreenView tool to see that the BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games problem was caused by ntoskrnl exe Tried uninstalling the latest windows update critical update installed on BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games but that did not solve the problem Reinstalling Windows is NOT an option for me since my Windows came on some restore CD thing that formats everything P S Sorry my Windows is in Russian so some of the log files ended up having a lot of Russian in it as well as some weird symbols caused most probably by some encoding errors

A:BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000096, fffff800032c5e47, fffff88008eea5e0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+a7 )

Code:
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, memory
Update:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`04832000 fffff880`05298000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Nov 10 02:52:46 2011 (4EBB3C7E)
CheckSum: 00A1B01E
ImageSize: 00A66000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Your graphics card driver seems to be possible cause, and rather outdated, please update here - AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below : Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% both use a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove these programs, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298176-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-after-boot-idle-playing-browser-flash-games.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I got Asus A42JA notebook, and after a few hours about 2 hours playing browser games and surfing the internet
my Laptop got crashed, I don't know what's wrong with it and it got a different kind of BSOD. here is the dmp files and the other files that i get when i use SF diagnostic tool, i have run SFC/SCANNOW a few times no error. Memtest 86+ about 8 hours no errors, sometimes i play games like Devil May Cry 2013 and TERA about 2 hours and no crash. the errors come in unpredictable time. sometime it got a lot of BSOD in one day, sometime it doesnt

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all,

I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm using a blue tooth mouse and have noticed the BSOD will usually happened if I'm using it. I've also noticed that my laptop screen with black out for a split second on games that are quite graphics intensive for my system.

Its been frustrating me a lot so I reinstalled and fully updated windows 7. The GPU drivers are all up to date also.

I've attached the SF file that is required and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time

A:BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games

Welcome to the Forum.

Just to make a note, you are having lot of different codes:

Code:
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e11993}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033db5b0, fffff8800b079f40, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e78993}
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800144b039, fffff880037473d8, fffff88003746c30}
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8011ca7f40, fffffa8011ca7fb0, fffffa8011ca7f40}
Free up the start up:
Startup Programs - Change
Your antivirus is the only thing that's really needed there.

Run a system file check and disk check on your Hard drives:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check

Trend Micro can be a cause of BSOD's. Uninstall for testing purpose.
Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver - 2007 version has BSOD issues in Win7
Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver [br] 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows

Uninstall the above software using the free version of Revo Uninstaller. While uninstalling a software, opt for advance uninstall. This allows you to remove and delete registry left over of a stubborn program. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make a full scan separately:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes Free
Do not start the free trial, un-tick that option.

Make scans with:
Kaspersky TDSSKiller - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
ESET online scanner - Online Virus Scanner Eset

Test RAM with memtest86+:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Bugcheck

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 05:52:07.477 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:01:59.710
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+31 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_9a
PROCESS_NAME: dxhr.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 04:49:27.394 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:15.627
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+4e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 03:59:20.770 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:01:07.613
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObDereferenceSecurityDescriptor+20 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 01:49:52.769 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:15.002
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Fri Jul 12 17:07:27.471 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:09.705
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Etw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297156-bsod-whilst-playing-various-games-also-happens-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 52.89%

So I recently opened my CPU because it was lagging and I thought maybe a little clean up might do the trick. So I softly brushed the drivers inside the CPU to get some dust off. However, when I turned on my PC, it seems that whenever I watch videos or play games, a loud crackling sound comes out from my speakers. I don't know what is causing this.

I have tried disabling my drivers (sound and display) but to no avail. However, if I mute the volume on my sound driver, the sound disappears. Which lead me to the conclusion that it might be a conflict of sound and display.

Since the problem only occured when I opened my CPU and cleaned it, it might also be a wiring problem or something.

Can someone help me on this?

A:Crackling sound in speakers when video playing/playing games/anything with graphics

Have you tried a different set of speakers? Make sure the speakers are all the way plugged into the jack.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crackling-sound-in-speakers-when-video-playing-playing-games-anything-with-graphics-665996.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello sevenforums Community since about month im getting Bluescreens which never happened before in years It usually get the when i watch streams on twitch while games : or 0x00007A (LoL) videos STOP BSOD playing playing Error which didnt happen since BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A week on my account though or currently while playing League of Legends But they dont come every game so i can for example play games in a row and nothing happens or i get one them in one game Also they can come at any game time It is kind of random to me how they appear The last two days I got about so i really need help from u guys In the last two weeks i always got this message STOP x A xFFFF FC xFFFFFFFFC E x A xFFFFF A B BE without a sound and the pc didnt instantly reboot But the last days the Blackscreen stayed like second so i couldnt see the error message on it so i dont know if the error changed but there was this buzzing sound I really appreciate help and sorry for my english skills

A:BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A

Code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
BugCheck D1, {44, 2, 0, fffff8800406a8c1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+5c8c1 )
Do you have the Atheros Network Adapter installed on your PC? If so, please update it and let us know.
The other dmp file wasn't too helpful - not sure if it was my windbg or if it was just corrupted.

Also can you run chkdsk?
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362096-bsod-while-playing-videos-playing-games-lol-error-stop-0x00007a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The autostart function is not working properly. When introduced a CD Rom into the drive, it has all the autostart functions for movies, pics, documents, but instead of starting the games directly, It allways ask me to open the file, movies or pics, but the game never starts automatically as It used to do in the past Windows versions, and in Windows 7 BEFORE SP1. It's imposible to play games that require the insertion of the disc into the CD Rom Drive, for the same reason. Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks. Im running Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and have a LG Super Multi Rw\DVD +R DL Light scribe multirecorder.

A:CD Rom Autostart games function not opening the games directly

AutoPlay - Turn On or Off

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187501-cd-rom-autostart-games-function-not-opening-games-directly.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World

Welcome.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Debug session time: Wed Jun 25 18:40:06.502 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:09.767
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007fe08f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jun 22 03:33:23.804 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.240
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007be55d8, 0, 0}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Jun 18 15:45:19.162 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.333
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007b727c8, 0, 0}

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335792-bsod-playing-some-games-recently-playing-fifa-world.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just updated and rebuilt my PC and have reinstalled Win bit and am constantly getting a BSOD while using the PC Specifically while downloading installing playing games I have also had the error occur just while surfing the internet From the program Blue Screen Viewer it seems to be caused by ntoskrnl exe f c BSOD 0x00000007F games/playing downloading internet games/using and or ntoskrnl exe e I can BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F not find any solution to fix this issue I have updated drivers I have ran the Microsoft memory checker I have changed out my memory tried other video cards tried two different wireless network cards now on wired connection I even changed motherboards got the errors on both SSD and HDD The only things I haven't changed out is the PS and CPU since I am using the PC to write this I am ruling out the CPU as the issue I have used Memtest and prime to test the memory BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F and CPU nothing is coming back with errors or issues I did run driver verifier and got two dmp files for some specific files but not sure what to do with those now They are included in the attachement It seems to be software driver issue but I can not figure it out Any help would be great thanks

A:BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F

Welcome
Your reports are not definitive and educated guess says that this is the cause of your problem
What is the asushwio.sys file?
Make a system restore point and then uninstall the associated software or update driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243293-bsod-downloading-games-playing-games-using-internet-0x00000007f.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of playing when videos YouTube some PC not playing and games, but crashes others looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/pc-freezes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Guys,

I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get the bsdod.

can you please help?

Win 7 32 bit
oem original
hardware about two years old.
I have a new installed os.The old one started giving trouble after 2 years.

A:BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have an 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Win7 doesn't like these devices. They will rapidly spit out BSOD's if using Vista-era drivers. Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

STOP 0x7A specifically refers to a problem with a missing Service Pack ( BSOD Index )
The c000009d parameter means DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
And the memory dump suggests that there might be a hardware problem with the hard drive.
Just to be sure, please run this free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Microsoft Security Essentials dynamic driver showed up in the memory dump. I'd suggest:
- downloading a fresh copy
- uninstalling the current copy
- installing the freshly downloaded copy and IMMEDIATELY updating it
- perform a full system scan.

The following info is just F... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233458-bsod-randomly-after-playing-games-playing-movies.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system playing games, but when some others crashes PC and videos not YouTube playing will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello guys So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help I have been getting BSOD for a flash playing When BSOD player. playing games and while now and it's getting to the point BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. i cant do a single thing on the computer I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file with all the info i assume I mostly get the bluescreen when i try to watch anime etc on googlechrome It never BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. works it's a matter of seconds before the BSOD comes But when watching it on other browsers like opera it works just fine quot mostly quot even there it bluescreens from time to time And then there is when it's most fatal Playing onlinegames Whenever I play online games like World of warcraft League BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. of Legends Heroes of Neweart etc etc etc i risk getting bluescreens It differs very much from game to game how often the bluescreens appear and it seems to not be preformance related since sometimes i play constantly for hours when maxing out games and pushing the computer to it's limits when it comes to frames And still the bluescreen lies in dorment waiting for a more suitable interrupt for me From the looks of it the bluescreen is related mostly to my operatingsystem more then commponents after i looked at the dumpfiles via quot Bluescreenviewer quot I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this and i hope you guys can help me with this also this is my first post so I maybe did this typical quot bad thread quot Still i hope this will get me atleast closer to the solution of this current hell of bluescreens

A:BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.

Hello Simon, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by afterwards to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317362-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-flash-player.html
Relevancy 52.03%

A friend of mine is having bsod issues when playing certain games, example:

Rainbox six siege,
Battlefield One (BETA)
and a few others.

Wondering if anyone can give us a clue as to the cause.

Windows Format is done, but to no avail, memtest has been run, and disk checked.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62517-bsod-when-playing-games-intensive-games-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, first time poster looking for help as I can't diagnose my issue after trying numerous things. Currently when I play a game the BSOD happens randomly, I can go a whole day without it, or it can happen frequently. It happens the most when I close or exit a game, then it'll kick to a blue screen.

I really appreciate what you guys do and I hope I followed all the instructions right on how to post my logs and stuff, here's the attachment and some basic system specs:

I have reinstalled to this computer numerous times.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad q9550 @ 2.83 ghz

GPU: Radeon HD 5770

Mem: 4 Gigs of Memory

Motherboard: p5n32-e sli nforce 680i chipset

A:BSOD Playing various games, closing games, no overheating.

Before we can even begin to find the underlying cause you need to update the following drivers. Especially asacpi.sys. Yours is from 2005

Code:
ASACPI.sys 3/27/2005 10:30:36 PM
Lycosa.sys 1/18/2008 4:51:42 AM
nvm62x64.sys 10/17/2008 5:01:06 PM
netr28x.sys 2/25/2009 11:02:09 PM
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
Driver Reference Table

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227012-bsod-playing-various-games-closing-games-no-overheating.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I am facing problem while opening games through games explorer ,
when i right click on any games it is showing SAVED GAMES and if i click on any game it is navigating to saved games folder

Please Suggest .

Regards,
Asheema

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221639-problem-while-opening-pc-games-games-explorer.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi my computer freezes when I play some video games and also when I play AVI files (if I play mpeg files they work just fine, no freezing at all) But the thing is when I play games or AVI files my computer will freeze randomly (5 minutes, 30 minutes, just randomly sometimes it won't freeze at all) I don't know if it's the memory or not, here are my pc specs:

Windows XP SP2
AMD Athlon 1750 Mhz
1.00 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

So if you guys can help me, it would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello guys, my new PC had BSOD when playing games or playing music with window media player,
can somebody help me out? Thanks a lot

System Specs has been updated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3076

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007C307C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

debug-meteor5210-xxxx.zip

A:BSOD when playing games or playing music

Hello and welcome meteor mate I know I can dig them out of the debug stuff but some system specs are needed mate for starters
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337434-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-music.html
Relevancy 51.17%

WHEN I TRY TO PLAY CERTAIN GAMES IN POGO GAMES IT TELLS ME " GOOGLE CHROME BROWSER 42 & ALL FUTURE VERSIONS OF CHROME WILL NO LONGER SUPPORT JAVA GAMES" AND I NEED TO DOWNLOAD INTERNET EXPLORER 11 TO PLAY POGO GAMES.  THIS LAPTOP ALREAY CAME WITH  INTERNET EXPLORER 11, AND STILL WON'T ALLOW ME TO PLAY  CERTAIN GAMES IN POGO. WHY NOT?  WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? AND WHAT CAN I DO TO CORRECT IT?   HELP!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/problem-playing-certain-games-in-Pogo-Games/td-p/5685477
Relevancy 50.31%

Been crippled for a week by what appears to be a redirect, browser - browser itself crashes, infected opening Badly series of incredibly malignant viruses Search sites redirecting and TDSSKiller not opening even when renamed multiple crashes when using browser slow processing speed and incredibly inconsistent CPU usage jumping - percent at all times I ve also had internet explorer open without request seems to be an additional adware Pretty well boned here and I would tremendously love some help As an additional note to the infection s severity it took me almost a week in order to successfully run a GMER scan Every other time regardless of if I was in safe or normal operating mode GMER would cause a critical system crash Ugh Thanks for all possible help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Panda Antivirus Pro Enabled Updated EEE D Badly infected - redirect, browser crashes, browser opening itself A-D C - A-AB C- CE FE A Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro TPSrv exe svchost exe C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA ANTIVIRUS PRO WebProxy exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k Panda C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro PsImSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro PskSvc exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro AVENGINE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro APVXDWIN EXE C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntispy exe C Program Files TomTom HOME TomTomHOMERunner exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpyService exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM taskmgr exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Antivirus Pro psimreal exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net comcast html uSearch Page hxxp www google com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb verizon http www yahoo com search ie html uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Download Manager Browser Helper Object c e b- b - cb-bffc- b e f - c progra common fluxdvd downlo XEBDLH DLL BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Comcast Toolbar ceea e-c - - e b- b a f b - c program files comcasttb comcastdx dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common f... Read more

A:Badly infected - redirect, browser crashes, browser opening itself

Hi,Please do the following:Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:Link 1 Link 2 VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop * IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Notes:1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392640/badly-infected-redirect-browser-crashes-browser-opening-itself/
Relevancy 49.88%

When I click on the arrow at the end of the address bar to get to recent browsing history it freezes the browser At this point the only recourse is a hard shutdown by holding the power button down CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn t bring up the Task Manager and doing it twice doesn t force a restart Using the History Solved: browser browser history Opening freezes button works just fine It s just the arrow I ve checked with MBAM SAS Avira Antivirus Avira rootkit scanner Spybot and HJT Also ran Norton Windoctor because I don Solved: Opening browser history freezes browser t know any other Windows checker Other than some cookies and temp files I didn t find anything About the same time I started having a strange problem with Solved: Opening browser history freezes browser pages saved from this site When I try to open a saved page from this site only I get the Windows notice that it has encountered a problem and must close The error shown in the details section has to do with MSHTL dll Thanks for the time and help I m usually able to fix most problems by searching this site and following instructions but these have me baffled nbsp

A:Solved: Opening browser history freezes browser

If you have Google Desktop, try disabling the Web History checkbox in Google Desktop indexing options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-opening-browser-history-freezes-browser.839758/
Relevancy 49.45%

a while ago my mom's laptop was stolen because of that she's been using my computer well a little while after she did i think some kind of virus got onto the computer the warning bells sounded when i began hearing these advertisements playing for different products when a browser wasn't even open i tried shutting off the computer when this happened and the advertisements kept playing even at the shut down screen so i had to force quit after that i installed zonealarm apparently hotshows org was trying to [SOLVED] blocked, except playing virus browser all browser being firefox ads when no connect to the computer but zonealarm blocked it another ip was also attempting to establish [SOLVED] all browser except firefox being blocked, virus playing ads when no browser a connection to the pc which zonealarm also blocked ran an antivirus scan with zonealarm but it turned up nothing so i uninstalled it and went through [SOLVED] all browser except firefox being blocked, virus playing ads when no browser a number of other scanners including kaspersky and bitdefender which [SOLVED] all browser except firefox being blocked, virus playing ads when no browser also turned up nothing at this point we tried repairing windows with an old xp cd with service pack unfortunately it did both nothing made the software on the computer outdated and since the activation key we had no longer worked we had a trial going fortunately we managed to get it installed and activated again but that wasn't the least of my worries apparently this virus or whatever it is is actually blocking the internet connection google chrome opera and internet explorer all DO NOT work opera for example says it quot cannot connect to proxy server quot and quot access is denied quot ie is especially a problem because i can't use microsoft update without it and if ie can't connect to the internet well you see the problem many security vulnerabilities firefox is the only browser that works and i think it's because it's heavily protected and not connected to the os like the other browsers which is quite fortunate however even with firefox i can't upload photos to photobucket or do a number of other things i'm at my wit's end and now i'm here hoping you guys can help out any and all help is respectfully appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Aria at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Documents and Settings Aria Desktop dds pif Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mWinlogon Taskman c recycler s- - - - - - - rundll exe BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - No File TB FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - No File TB C B - - D - B - A CD F - No File TB D F B - - AF- -B FA D E - No File TB FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - No File mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exe dRun AVG Run c progra grisoft avg avgw exe RUNONCE IE c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - SystemRoot web related htm IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE C - CB - a-A C -D FCDDC D - F B - A - F - DB-E F AEC DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB DPF D - - - - AA B - hxxp download microsoft com download D D D DD DA- F- - B -AF E D ED C wm... Read more

A:[SOLVED] all browser except firefox being blocked, virus playing ads when no browser

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

========

Please follow all instructions and in which order they come, if you have any questions, please ask before proceeding. Its important that you follow this through until i give you the all clear.

Please DO NOT Attach logs to your posts unless you are advised to do so.

=========

Quote:

internet connection. google chrome, opera and internet explorer all DO NOT work. opera, for example, says it "cannot connect to proxy server" and "access is denied"

Your browser setting may have been change to use a proxy, and the proxy is being block by the browser. For example open IE

*Click on Tools
*Internet Options
*Connections Tab
*LAN Settings
*Is the box Use a proxy server for your LAN checked(Ticked). If so, remove the IP address and port that is being used and uncheck(Tick) that box.
*Click ok>ok

=========

Your logs suggest the possibility that your computer was attacked by a backdoor trojan. This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

==========

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving it. Save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Place combofix.exe on your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.

Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.

Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

The Windows recovery console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode that allows us to help you in the case that your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement.

ComboFix will now automatically install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console onto your computer, which will show up as a new option when booting up your computer. Do not select the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console option when you start your computer unless requested to by a helper.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see a message that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-all-browser-except-firefox-being-blocked-virus-playing-ads-when-no-browser-391706.html
Relevancy 49.02%

When my mother tries to download pictures from hotmail that people have sent her using internet explorer and windows XP An error from pictures opening strange MSOFFICE14 hotmail loop message usually pops up and when she clicks on quot don t Send quot a strange screen appears displaying a variety of pictures some commercial some pornographic some are adversitings I tries using malware bytes which found viruses but even after correcting this The problem remains Here is my log file from using HiJack This does anything appear suspicious Thank you all in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe MSOFFICE14 opening pictures from hotmail strange loop C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe MSOFFICE14 opening pictures from hotmail strange loop C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca msn com defaultf aspx O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - HKLM Run IntelWireless C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Envoyer OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Envoyer OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra Tools menuitem OneNote Lin amp ked Notes - FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIELinkedNotes dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - Filter hijack text xml - E - - D -A - B D E - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OFFICE MSOXMLMF DLL O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WINDOWS system browseui dll O - SharedTaskScheduler Component Categories ... Read more

A:MSOFFICE14 opening pictures from hotmail strange loop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/425894 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425894/msoffice14-opening-pictures-from-hotmail-strange-loop/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am occasionally trying to play older DOS games (such as Terminal Velocity, One Must Fall 2097, etc.) and the audio seems to go into a "changing loop" (which sounds rather annoying). It almost sounds like my buffer is not the right size or something. What is the deal?

A:Why do my DOS games make an audio loop?

well iam sure you dont use these games with linux. but sometime xp has some bugs . like yours for instance . the game could be too old and could confuse your cpu. it happened to me once.

if you dont want that anoying noise put speekers off.

iam sure you want the sound of the game but you would have to see what audio card you have. if it is new it might not have the right buffer like you said. and xp is faily new so iam sure you dont have an old card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-do-my-dos-games-make-an-audio-loop-3605.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone I ve been having problems with my comp for the last weeks After a Bios flash failed I bought myself a new PCI-E motherboard and a graphic card to go with it Since then I had nothing but trouble I reinstalled Windows XP Pro a few times and each time had problems with very long loading times and such which I finally found was because of the nforce IDE drivers Now I can load XP correctly and it s pretty stable as long as I don t run a game or a benchmark But when I launch Guild Wars for instance the game crashes after in games,... with (Win XP) Freezes sound loop between seconds and a minute or It even crashes if I leave the game idle in the Freezes with sound loop in games,... (Win XP) menu just after launching the game It crashes wether the game is in background or the active window Full screen or in a window doesn t change anything I was able to play Prince of Persia - The Two Thrones tho it only crashes every hour or so same type of crash image Freezes with sound loop in games,... (Win XP) freezes and sound loops or screeches Need for Speed Most Wanted didn t seem to crash at all tho I only tried for about hours DMark seems to crash mostly during Game Test Troll s Lair or any CPU tests DMark crashes during CPU tests too DMark crashes during Game Test not always tho or CPU Tests always I also crashed once during a HD video playback Quicktime trailer p but that was the only time Sometimes rarely tho after I had such crashes when I reset I hear short beeps and then a few seconds later a normal beep but no video I can reset as many times as I can after that it beeps normally but no video The only way to boot normally is to turn off my computer completely and turn it back on Ok now here s what I ve done so far I ve trying removing my IDE disks and DVDs I have windows and games on my SATA my Sound Blaster Audigy drivers and my network card disabled everything I could on the motherboard and it still crashes Increasing the memory voltage to v or graphic card voltages doesn t seem to change anything I already exchanged my X XL but that wasn t the problem Memtest didn t find any problems after running for hours Prime and different burn in tests didn t crash at all I tried installing video drivers from to nforce drivers and only SM Bus and ethernet without the firewall I tried a few different drivers for my Audigy but since it still crashes when I remove it and remove all drivers I doubt that s the problem My memory timings are now - - - very conservative I didn t overclock anything from the start disabled PEG Link mode and PEG Root in Bios tried with them on as well The voltages on my PSU are good the CPU is about to during load GPU goes to around - during load seems pretty normal Of course this is a fresh Windows install reinstalled about times to find out the different problems I m thinking of trying with Windows XP but I don t want to run into compatibility problems afterwards I hope I m not forgetting anything if I am I ll post it Thanks in advance for your help I m running out of ideas Here are my specs AMD Athlon Newcastle Asus K N -E Deluxe Nforce - x socket PCI Express HIS ATI Radeon X XL Mb Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Gb Corsair XMS Mhz PSU Antec TruePower TrueControl W Maxtor Gb SATA Diamondmax Western Digital Gb Western Digital Gb If you need anymore info please tell me so Mithrandir nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezes-with-sound-loop-in-games-win-xp.39477/
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently some random black screens are occurring with sound loop and the PC is frozen loop Black playing screen while sound with none of the inputs work the only option is to hard restart the PC It only happens Black screen while playing with sound loop when gaming I've tried reinstalling the drivers installing older versions of them installing the first released version but still the problem is here I've tested the PC and the results are kinda weird CPU is fine tested with Prime RAM is fine tested with Memtest but the HDD has problems and it has been tested with MHDD I've included a screenshot in the Black screen while playing with sound loop attachments AMNF error The GPU heats up A LOT I tested it with FurMark and when it reached C the system crashed black screen like described above I've opened the case removed the card and cleaned it even tho it wasn't very dusty and placed in again I've ran the test again and it reached C but the system didn't crashed I was thinking of replacing the paste and run the test again The PC specs are the following CPU Intel R Core TM Black screen while playing with sound loop i - K CPU GHz RAM GB DDR Graphic card NVIDIA GTS GB DDR Motherboard Foxconn P A-S OS Windows x HDD WesternDigital Green TB PSU W V

A:Black screen while playing with sound loop

Well, i don't have anything to say. If i were you i would have replaced my graphics card. That's the best i can come up with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366687-black-screen-while-playing-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I need help from u guys. Since i got blackscreen and soundloop when i play CS:GO everytime.

I have re-install driver again and again, re-install and validate the game also, but the problem still persist.

Please help

A2AZE1-PC-Wed_01_21_2015__30209_44.zip

A:Black screen and sound loop while playing CS:GO

Hi a2aze1 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I am extremely sorry for the late response. There are not enough analysts. Do you still need help with your problem? If you still need help with this, kindly reply back to this topic and I would reply within 48 hours and will be notified by email.
-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60355-black-screen-sound-loop-while-playing-cs-go.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright I was told by a friend that I should come here with my problem as nobody else can seem to help me with this so I m hoping you guys know what you re doing Now down to my problem I get this EVERY time I play ANY game whatsoever Whether it be Duke Nukem D or Half-Life I ll be playing anywhere from seconds to half an hour when all of a sudden my screen goes totally black I hear a sound looping usually the last sound I heard and then my monitor reads quot Sound games... all on Restart Loop/Force Power Save quot which usually means my computer is off but in this case it isn t My computer becomes totally unresponsive Sound Loop/Force Restart on all games... and I have to force reboot the damn thing Now sometimes before my Sound Loop/Force Restart on all games... computer goes unresponsive the game I was playing tabs itself and I see an error that reads something along the lines of quot VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator because it was no longer responding to driver commands quot Then it will ask to send an error report blah blah blah Sometimes if I m quick enough I can hit send or don t send and then it will go right back to my game and I can play for another couple minutes or so before it finally totally locks up and everything goes black I have no idea what is causing this problem and of course no idea what to do about it Can anyone here help me or has anyone encountered a similar problem Thanks for any help in advance By the way here are my comp specs AMD Athlon GHz Processor mb of RAM Integrated mb ATI Graphics nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I've had a strange recurring issue for the past few months It only has happened three times and I can't reproduce it Nothing appears in the event log after this occurs other than the usual kernel power error from the computer turning off This doesn't happen black - tray CD ROM opening/closing reboot screen loop - Sporadic during intensive activities just regular browsing What happens is I lose display and the empty disc tray Sporadic black screen - CD ROM tray opening/closing - reboot loop begins to open and close while the computer attempts to reboot repeatedly I then turn off the power supply and my motherboard produces code -- memory not installed I bring the computer into the kitchen to work on it and the moment I plug it in and try turning it on in there it's fine I bring it back into my room and use it as normal until this happens again like a month later I've run an overnight memtest and it comes up clean Same for chkdsk I'm not getting any regular bluescreens-- while I know that they've occurred in my -year-old machine's lifespan they were unreemarkable one-offs Things connectors mem sticks graphics card are re-seated occasionally while dusting but nothing seems to be connected improperly especially since the computer functions as intended of the time I really have no idea what is happening I don't have Sporadic black screen - CD ROM tray opening/closing - reboot loop any spare equipment available to swap in and out Is there any way I can figure out what's going on here Specs Stock Intel i - k GHz Nvidia Geforce GTX GB EVGA factory OC GB Ram TB HDD GB free ASRock z Extreme Antec Basiq W PSU

A:Sporadic black screen - CD ROM tray opening/closing - reboot loop

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579490/sporadic-black-screen-cd-rom-tray-openingclosing-reboot-loop/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My problem is as in the titile PC specs Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM x GB Kingston MHz x GB Kingston MHz DDR Dual Channel Hard Drive GB Total GB Samsung GB Seagate Barracuda Video Card Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT GB GDDR MHz MHz MHz Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy bit kHz Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Voice long loop pc uptime in crash, games, after Build win gdr - Motherboard Asus P Q SE R BIOS Rev Power supply is Corsair HX Watt CPU and Motherboard are year old and the GB's Mems are the GB's are and the GPU is like year old Detailed info screens http img imageshack us i specsu jpg http img imageshack us i mems jpg Temperatures IDLE GPU CPU AUX Voice loop crash, in games, after long pc uptime CORE CORE CORE CORE In game GPU UP TO AUX CORE CORE CORE CORE The highest temp is always on GPU manufacturer said that this temperature is normal and can be even C and card will work fine Things I've tried so far -reinstaling system -doing memtest no problems found -installing new fan -downgrading Nvidia drivers -messing with EAX options changing audio quality etc -downclocking GPU to the lowest possible value via nvProfile -updating BIOS from rev to -defragmenting HDD's -disabling page file Well it started month ago when my graphic card overheated in Splinter Cell Double Agent standard 'snow' on screen it was working fine for a few days after that And the first error was BSOD with Memory Managment I'va made memtest after that no problems were found And last day Ive found out thet crash occurs very often when PC's uptime is big like - hours if I restart the PC before starting the game I can play like hours without crash Also I was thinking about the new Sound Card I bought it on - - and it was working fine drivers issue Newest Creative drivers doesn't install because of driver signature error Please help Regards

A:Voice loop crash, in games, after long pc uptime

It sounds clearly like a hardware malfunction. I think when the "memory management" error came up, it was graphics memory. Graphics cards have their own integrated memory which they use for processing. Please follow the instructions here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

EDIT: Also, your PSU may be underpowered for your system. We'll look into that later if we need to.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/voice-loop-crash-in-games-after-long-pc-uptime-496162.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It doesn't happen often but sometimes it freezes for a second while loading a certain game which works fine on another day and gives BSOD. Sometimes it happens after I've loaded the game and am in the moment of playing. My hardware is more than enough for the games I run and I even run them on low-mid even though I can manage high settings. The games I usually run are CS:GO, League of Legends and Modern Warfare 3 [rarely play; received 1 BSOD while loading it]

I've uploaded my dump files.

Thank you.

A:BSOD playing video games / loading video games [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT]

Hi miqballin.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff6800001aca8, 8080000019905825, fffffa8003e5ded0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+136f2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel

So what you are to do here is

► Enable Driver Verifier.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

► Test the RAM modules.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run it for at least eight passes. Preferably overnight.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260492-bsod-playing-video-games-loading-video-games-memory_management.html
Relevancy 47.3%

System specs TL DR Below Hi first specific sound-loop during freeze Random games. and screen post here week ago my laptop started Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. to freeze Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. on some games osu and Hearthstone I can barely play - minutes before my screen freezes while having a buzzing Sound-loop I have to force restart to make my laptop work again This always scares me to death when it happens randomly Meanwhile I can play games like League of Legends for hours without any problems Since I stopped playing Hearthstone I'm just playing osu This is a game where you have to click circles while music runs in the background - yes you heard it right Nothing more Not even complex graphics FPS is also over The only thing I can do is to press the power button I Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. did everything I could do but my problem seems so unique I tried to play the game in all resolutions Played it in Windowed Renderless Fullscreen mode I also tried all FPS caps from to unlimited I also cleaned all the dust in my laptop no change So I tried something new I wiped my laptop it was like the first day I bought and the first thing I did is installing the game osu I didn't install any AntiVirus browser or anything else No luck Same thing My laptop runs without any background programs on C - C About F - F and while playing I have C - C About F - F I guess that's really normal maybe even lower than average laptops I also uninstalled installed older grapic drivers I hope that's enough information Since this laptop is months old it would be really sad to buy a new one I hope anyone can help me Ask me if you need further informations TL DR System specs Sound-loop and screen freeze every - min on games like osu and Hearthstone League of Legends and Terraria are working perfect without any problems can't do anything except pressing the power button temperature is normal actually C without any programs C while playing games tried all solutions on google wiped laptop - same problem FPS is normal Never had any problems before I didn't install anything when this happened installed uninstalled older graphic drivers Ask for informations if you need I need your help Sorry if this post is in the wrong section gt gt And sorry if I have any grammar mistakes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68317-random-screen-freeze-sound-loop-during-specific-games.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So far this only seems to be happening with Steam-based games TF HL etc Though I bought Bioshock through Steam it too crashes but these are normal game crashes where the screen goes black you crash to desktop and Windows properly reports that the game crashed and you're back at a responsive desktop With the Steam games after a random amount of time the game's audio will loop and the frames will lock then the hard loop, and HDD sound games cause crash click Steam-based drives will begin to click once per second constantly If I'm quick you can CTRL ALT DEL and Steam-based games cause sound loop, crash and HDD click click LOGOFF to get to the desktop and Steam-based games cause sound loop, crash and HDD click start again but if the HDDs begin clicking you have to do a shutdown in time or the whole PC becomes unresponsive After a forced shutdown the BIOS will sometimes reports issues before being able to boot up normally Through the troubleshooting process Valve requested a dump which at that time I performed however that was a time when the HDD never clicked because I had time to ALT TAB out of the game and do the dump write With the HDD click errors you simply don't have the time to write a dump But I've hosted the dump file for review here Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Steam-based games cause sound loop, crash and HDD click

Quote: Originally Posted by Aegis

So far this only seems to be happening with Steam-based games. (TF2, HL2, etc.) Though I bought Bioshock 2 through Steam, it too crashes, but these are normal game crashes where the screen goes black, you crash to desktop and Windows properly reports that the game crashed, and you're back at a responsive desktop.

With the Steam games, after a random amount of time, the game's audio will loop and the frames will lock, then the hard drives will begin to click once per second constantly.

If I'm quick, you can CTRL+ALT+DEL and click LOGOFF to get to the desktop and start again, but if the HDDs begin clicking, you have to do a shutdown in time or the whole PC becomes unresponsive. After a forced shutdown, the BIOS will sometimes reports issues before being able to boot up normally.

Through the troubleshooting process, Valve requested a dump, which at that time, I performed, however that was a time when the HDD never clicked (because I had time to ALT+TAB out of the game and do the dump write) With the HDD click errors, you simply don't have the time to write a dump.

But I've hosted the dump file for review here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Aegis

This crash was caused by shaderapidx9.dll There are several fixes listed on this page. shaderapidx9.dll - Google Search

Let us know if you need help
Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\8827-PDKV-2806.mdmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Thu Jan 28 22:36:20.000 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 2:12:58.000
eax=0018dddc ebx=00000000 ecx=11c3e638 edx=00000000 esi=11c3e638 edi=0018dd38
eip=11ae8c35 esp=0018dc94 ebp=00000000 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac pe nc
cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000216
Unable to load image d:\Games\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\aegiskleais\team fortress 2\bin\shaderapidx9.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for shaderapidx9.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for shaderapidx9.dll
shaderapidx9+0x8c35:
11ae8c35 8bf1 mov esi,ecx
0:000> !analyze -v
* Exception Analysis *

Unable to load image C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ieframe.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ieframe.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Steam.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Steam.dll
Unable to load image d:\Games\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\aegiskleais\team fortress 2\bin\vstdlib.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vstdlib.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vstdlib.dll
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tier0.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tier0.dll
Unable to load image D:\Games\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for steamclient.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loade... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65430-steam-based-games-cause-sound-loop-crash-hdd-click.html
Relevancy 47.3%

GreetingsI am trying loop IE Vanishing browser to repair a friends ailing computer After establishing a connection with dial-up the IE browser will appear for seconds then disappear followed by error messages This will continue to repeat itself until I disconnect from the web They were getting error messages in what I believe was German but I fixed that Earlier today I installed Ad-Aware and Spybot Ad-Aware showed over errors Vanishing IE browser loop Spybot would not finish it's scan Any assistance would be great Thank you JonThe HijackThis log is as follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Avsynmgr exeC WINDOWS VGVkIFMA command exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsStat exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Vshwin exeC Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield Mcshield exeC Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Avconsol exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC WINDOWS System carpserv exeC WINDOWS System qttask exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch exeC Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exeC Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exeC WINDOWS System PSof exeC WINDOWS System exp exeC WINDOWS System wintask exeC WINDOWS etb pokapoka exeC DOCUME TEDS LOCALS Temp sysnet exeC WINDOWS Vanishing IE browser loop System bf on exeC WINDOWS System Vanishing IE browser loop exp exeC WINDOWS System newsvinn exeC WINDOWS dinst exeC WINDOWS System medgs exeC WINDOWS System gms exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC WINDOWS System opr exeC DOCUME TEDS LOCALS Temp InSearch exeC WINDOWS system scqgdt exec windows system putsdr exeC Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files LCC Statewide Dialup Platform dialer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeJ Window First Aid HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www eza netsearch com sp phpR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www lcc edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dllF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exeO - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files Corel WordPerfect Office Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run CARPService carpserv exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C WINDOWS System qttask exeO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch exeO - HKLM Run ConMgr exe quot C Program Files EarthLink ConMgr exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYERO - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Vanishing IE browser loop

Hi jphil0744, welcome to BC BEFORE BEGINNING, Please read completely through the instructions below and download the files from the links provided. You may want to save or print out these instructions for easier reference.First, download Ewido Security Suite.Next, download Lavasoft's Ad-Aware and the VX2 Cleaner Plug-in. Install Ad-Aware using the default options, then install vx2cleaner_inst.exe, taking all the defaults there as well.Run Ad-Aware, update to the latest definitions, then click on Add-ons in the lefthand column. Select VX2 Cleaner V2.0 and click Run Tool. Click "OK", then, if something is found, click "Clean" as in the directions given. Click "Close", and exit Ad-Aware.Reboot your PC and run Ad-Aware again. This time, click on the Start button in Ad-Aware, select "Perform smart system scan" and click Next. Once the scan finishes, click "Next" again. Select all objects found (right click anywhere in the list of found objects and click "Select All Objects"). Click "Next" one more time, then "OK" to confirm the removal.You will be prompted to set Ad-Aware to run on reboot, click "OK". Exit Ad-Aware and restart your PC once again.When Ad-Aware starts up, click on "Start", then "Next". Follow the steps above if anything is found, or click "Finish", then exit Ad-Aware.For a final cleanup, please install and run Ewido. When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.From the main ewido screen, click on update in the left menu, then click the Start update button.After the update finishes (the status bar at the bottom will display "Update successful")
Close EwidoNext, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:Restart your computerAfter hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appearSelect the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.When you are in safemode load up EwidoClick on the Scanner button in the left menu, then click on Complete System Scan. This scan can take quite a while to run.If ewido finds anything, it will pop up a notification. We have been finding some cases of false positives with the new version of Ewido, so we need to step through the fixes one-by-one. If Ewido finds something that you KNOW is legitimate (for example, parts of AVG Antivirus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk" have been flagged), select "none" as the action. DO NOT check "Perform action with all infections". If you are unsure of an entry, select "none" for the time being. I'll see that in the log you will post later and let you know if ewido needs to be run again.When the scan finishes, click on "Save Report". This will create a text file. Make sure you know where to find this file again.Please finish up by rebooting your system back into normal mode, and posting a new HijackThis log and the log from the Ewido scan.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/32368/vanishing-ie-browser-loop/
Relevancy 47.3%

New fresh install of windows 8 updated to 8.1 with all my motherboard drivers etc up to date. Display drivers are the newest Omega drivers from AMD.

I installed steam and decided to install csgo to my ssd/C: drive since it's my most played game. Now I can play the game fine but after a short amount of time the game and display drivers will crash giving me a black screen and sound loop. I let it sit there for a while so I could get a bsod and crash dump to happen.

Since then I also updated my ssd to the latest firmware and reinstalled my AMD drivers and the problem still persists. I have no other games installed at the moment so if you wan't me to check if the crash happens with other games let me know.

Here is my debug info
Attachment 56190

A:BSOD playing CSGO Black screen/sound loop crash

Remove Asus bloatware from your PC and try another version of GPU drivers.

Code:
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

ndisrd.sys Thu Feb 21 03:40:15 2013 (5125890F)

ndisrd.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

cmudaxp.sys Mon Jul 22 03:24:04 2013 (51EC89B4)
C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media [br] ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface driver [br] HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cmudaxp.sys

Rt630x64.sys Fri Jul 26 09:01:35 2013 (51F21ECF)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

asmtxhci.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:42 2013 (520E7D6A)
Asmedia USB 3.0 driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys

asmthub3.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:54 2013 (520E7D76)
ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

asstor64.sys Mon Jan 27 10:30:34 2014 (52E6273A)
Asmedia ASM-106x Sata 6G controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asstor64.sys

mwac.sys Wed Jun 18 04:07:00 2014 (53A0F444)
Malwarebytes Web Access Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwac.sys

AMDACPKSL.SYS Sun Jun 22 04:31:43 2014 (53A6400F)
included in the AMD/ATI Catalyst WDM drivers package
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMDACPKSL.SYS

AtihdWB6.sys Sun Jun 22 04:32:00 2014 (53A64020)
AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdWB6.sys

mbam.sys Wed Sep 3 19:50:25 2014 (540754E1)
MBAMProtector
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys

MBAMSwissArmy.sys Sat Sep 20 00:14:07 2014 (541CAAAF)
Malwarebytes Anti-malware
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys

atikmpag.sys Fri Nov 21 03:08:54 2014 (546E9EB6)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 21 03:30:27 2014 (546EA3C3)
ATI Video driver (remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys

Debug session time: Mon Jan 5 03:45:39.905 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\010515-11375-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17476.amd64fre.winblue_r5.141029-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:25.638
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )
BugCheck 116, {ffffe0006be22010, fffff801eb04d848, ffffffffc00000b5, a}
BugCheck Info: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe0006be22010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff801eb04d848, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc00000b5, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 000000000000000a, Optional internal context dependent data.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59564-bsod-playing-csgo-black-screen-sound-loop-crash.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello TenForums I was hoping someone could address an issue I was having today The issues cropped up a month ago or so with a few BSOD detailing a Security Kernel Error Then it went silent for awhile However just last night while playing Overwatch BSOD Now fail boot playing stuck with loop Overwatch; in WDF01000.sys I got a BSOD or orange screen of death rather that said quot WHEA UNCONTROLLABLE ERROR quot Ever since my computer was stuck in a never ending restart loop each ending in a BSOD saying quot BAD POOL CALLER quot quot What failed Wdf sys quot until I BSOD playing Overwatch; Now stuck in boot loop with WDF01000.sys fail entered safe mode and now it is usable but only during safe mode Hopefully the attached logs can help you find whats wrong with my computer as it is very stressful Thank you very much for further feedback PCAUDIOLABSDAW-Fri zip EDIT I looked through the logs and saw Ilok driver as one of the last drivers loaded so I uninstalled it and took it out of my usb slot for now and am still getting crashes but now it says quot SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION quot quot Driver Verifier Detected Violation quot and quot BAD POOL CALLER quot on the BSOD I will attach my new logs here PCAUDIOLABSDAW-Fri zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70126-bsod-playing-overwatch-now-stuck-boot-loop-wdf01000-sys-fail.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Client has SharePoint 2010 project server.
When the user clicks on a Excel file, the file open in the browser and when the user click on "open in Excel" we receive the below message 
"To open this workbook, your computer must have a version of Microsoft Excel installed and your Web browser must support opening files directly from Excel in the browser."
Below is the browser version 

However when the same is tried/accessed through a browser deployed on a dev machine, it works normally. Below is the version of the IE on the DEV server

What is causing this to happen?
Is there any tool to check the difference between the IE settings on my Desktop and the dev box.

Satyam....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c33d8f51-6a02-49cc-8264-a1e8f91b5b0d/to-open-this-workbook-your-computer-must-have-a-version-of-microsoft-excel-installed-and-your-web?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 46.87%

My friends have been playing Gunbound for a few weeks now without me and I ve been trying to get it to not Games opening work to no avail When I log in at the NyxLauncher the Games not opening Launcher window closes and the mouse shows the quot busy quot animation but Gunbound does not open My friends and dorm roommates are able to play just fine Two have Windows XP one has Vista and two have Windows None of us can Games not opening figure out why Gunbound doesn t open on my laptop I ve downloaded the installer about a dozen times both from Softnyx s download server and another one of the servers they listed on their page http gunbound softnyx net Material Download L aspx I ve installed a couple dozen times with each download in various combinations of quot as-is quot quot Run as administrator quot and both XP and Vista compatibility modes I ve tried both quot allowing quot the launcher through Windows Firewall and turning off the firewall as a whole I ve heard of compatibility issues between GameGuard and Avast so I also tried turning off Avast I tried disabling UAC too No visible difference I ve searched online and heard it was probably a Windows issue Games not opening with GameGuard and I ve heard that people quot fixed quot their problem by downloading replacement GameGuard des files I ve tried about a dozen different files with no improvement I also heard that someone installed CrossFire and copied over the GameGuard des file to Gunbound to make it work so I tried that too That didn t work either The only quot data quot I ve managed to collect from the problem so far are task manager screenshots The two screenshots are only a few seconds apart one before and one after the mouse played its quot busy quot animation I have Dell Studio Intel Core Duo CPU T GHz GB RAM Windows Home Premium -bit Build DirectX Display adapter Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family Recently my older brother started playing CounterStrike I decided to give it a spin too but it s not opening either It just stalls at a quot busy quot mouse animation for a few seconds then nothing Any help would be greatly appreciated My last resort measure would be to back-up all my files and reset my laptop to factory settings and do everything from scratch but before I did that I d need to clean off my portable hard drive first nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-not-opening.912821/
Relevancy 46.87%

Using Windows XP - when my husband first goes into "Games" program that came with the computer, a pop-up comes on the display and it says "Windows has encountered a problem and it has to close, do you want to send a report" This happens at least once a day.

What is causing this - how can I resolve it?
Cheryl

Relevancy 46.87%

So my 64bit windows 8 computer has a problem. I know I have a virus. But here is the problem. I can't get rid of it because I can't open anything except games like sims or Garry's mod. Any help? Thx in advance!Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582162/nothing-opening-except-games/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello you've helped me out alot in the past so i'm hoping you can figure this one out for me because i really don't know what to do Basically a select amount of my games just don't start up when i try opeing them and i get this really annoying error message when Opening Certain Games i try to open them The Application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application It only happens on like FIFA EURO and some others most probably but i haven't found anymore yet Now for the really strange thing i can start Call Of Duty up and then when i close it and try to start them games that wouldn't work before then now they do But then restarting my computer and trying to open the troubled games will give me the error message again until opening up COD again Really strange I really haven't any ideas only thing i can think of is maybe it could be something to do with because i have both a standard quot lcd monitor and a quot lcd tv hooked up to my computer on Clone view in nvidia settings

A:Opening Certain Games

welp u can check ur error logs and see what exactly is going wrong, sounds like a memory error.

the game wasnt on an external drive or anything right?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/opening-certain-games-274357.html
Relevancy 46.01%

When I have a few webpage tabs open and open a link into a new tab I often now get the message loading and the browser hangs - so I have to exit all tabs and restart the browser This started a few weeks ago and I have just looked into - I remember downloading some drivers to support a forum poster and as with a lot of sites - the download link was for a download manager which I usually avoid In the past having or sessions of google chrome open each with tabs and Internet explorer open with tabs was not an issue and the PC worked really well I have removed all unwanted programs and also tabs and browser "loading" hangs a few opening browser shows all unwanted startups Cleared Internet Explorer and Chrome temp files etc restarted the PC and posted the logs here Looking at HJT this I seem opening a few browser tabs and browser shows "loading" hangs to have a download manager of O - DPF A A-BFDD- - -FFDE BAC DLM Control - http dlm tools akamai com dlmanager versions activex dlm-activex- cabClick to expand I have run malwarebytes full scan Superantipyware full scan MSE Full Scan House call online scan following log files as required Tech Support Guy System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FUJITSU FJNBB F Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Click to expand HijackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Real RealUpgrade RealUpgrade exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x Fujitsu Fujitsu Hotkey Utility IndicatorUty exe C Fujitsu Programs DeskUpdate DeskUpdateNotifier exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Users wayne Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ts fujitsu com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ts fujitsu com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealNetworks Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData RealNetworks RealDownloader BrowserPlugins IE rndlbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O ... Read more

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all.

In order to play a multiplayer game I need to open ports on both my firewall and router, and hey presto, it works and I can even create servers.

However, is this a security risk? I read on this forum that all ports should be "stealthed", but when I open them on the router+firewall a few ports come up on the GRC port scan as "closed" as expected instead of stealthed.

Can I just leave these settings in place or do I just have to change the settings everytime before and after I play, which would just be plain annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
jibber.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-ports-for-games.533278/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with a laptop I ve been asked to fix The laptop Windows GB RAM GHZ AMD Quad-Core A - M APU has no malware and everything hardware and software seems fine except that when you first try to open load a game you have to do it twice or the game does not open I e The laptop is turned on boots goes to the Windows desktop everything is fine To start say Unreal Tournament I double click on the game s icon Nothing happens If I then double click on the icon again then the game loads and plays as it should Experimentation to need opening please start, twice help Games shows that the first time you double click on the icon two new processes appear in the Task Manager rundll exe UT exe but the game does not load nor Games need opening twice to start, please help do I get any error messages until I again double click on the icon It does the same for other games such as if I try to start Morrowind then exactly the same thing occurs nothing at all visibly happens no error message no system warning beep and the game does not Games need opening twice to start, please help load But if I look in Task Manager then two new processes have been added rundll exe Morrowind Launcher exe and the game only loads if I then double click again on the icon It does this with many of the games on the machine but even so I uninstalled Unreal Tournament and installed my copy original plus the patch and extra levels and yet it still needs opening twice before it starts up though of course it works fine on my laptop and desktop When a game does load then it works fine and I can t find any other problems at all But this is a new one at least to me and any help or advice would be appreciated Thanks for reading and for any advice nbsp

A:Games need opening twice to start, please help

It turns out that this isn't a 'problem', Oh no, it's a 'feature'...

Apparently it's down to Game Explorer, a 'feature' of Windows Vista onwards that, when you click on a recognised game, then Game Explorer loads in the background, counts how often you've loaded the game, and does other things, including going online to check with some database if there's a patch for the game. Oh, and if the PC is offline (which this laptop is) then the process just, er, hangs. Apparently this problem has been known about for years, Microsoft has been bombarded with requests to fix it, and have done nothing.
To quote from the first thread I list below:

As we all know, Vista introduced the Game Explorer (GameUX.dll) which incorporates update checking and game information.

What most on't know, is that the instant a game is launched, Rundll.exe is spawned with the GameUX.dll,gameshim parametre and constantly polls the dns, network and domain functions in the OS.

The problem here, lies in the fact that if this process does not receive a response, the Game's process will sit frozen until a response is recieved.

Now the Rundll process actually acts as a mask for the games executable until the response from the servers is received, that said closing the rundll.exe prior to the handover being made will also close the Games executable.

You can work around this in a way by killing the actual game executable, which will keep the rundll open, and then opening the game executable again. However as it is polling the net api's (Wininet), Rundll will consume a full core (13% for my i7), until you close it. which can cause a number of issues in single core games, and the like.Click to expand...
Various user found fixes are listed on the 'net, but (again from the first thread I link to):

Just wanted to necropost to update the record on how much of a failure this is
==OVER A YEAR LATER AND ITS STILL BROKEN==
best part is, with updates it re-enables itself every so often
absolutely glorious

actually it's even worse than that now, it's been updated so that none of the above solutions work anymore
if you unregister the dll as per qwadrwr then rundll32.exe will get stuck in limbo trying to load, same if you deny read permissions to the files (albeit it doesn't consume 100% of the core it's running on, it just sits there)... only solution is for those that need it:

run one instance of the software, it will get stuck
run a second instance of the software, gameux is busy doing it's thing so this will launch
taskkill rundll32 responsible for the first instance
enjoyClick to expand...

So I'm not confident that any easy fix will work. Thanks, Microsoft.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ith-game/efd39c74-cfab-4c2c-b6c5-834b8849a1b3

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-100-cpu/2b15ee2f-b56b-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ps-using/797b227c-3dca-439b-995f-b179bac7e347

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=16883636

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-need-opening-twice-to-start-please-help.1131581/
Relevancy 46.01%

can anyone please help me as i was playing game for several minutes and the com suddenly crashes. the results come out was the C: windows/memory.dmp problem. This causes all my working games previously to crash. Please help me as i had done the attachment and the screen gets abit freezy before restarting.

A:Com Crashes after opening games

The memory dumps all seem to point to your video drivers. Please:
- download a fresh set of the latest, Win8 compatible video drivers
- un-install the current video drivers from your system
- install the freshly downloaded drivers
- monitor for further BSOD's

Please be sure that the system is not overheating, that the system is being used on a hard, flat surface (preferably with a cooling pad), and that the system has been cleaned/blown out with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum or air compressor - as they can cause damage to the system).

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

MAKE SURE THAT THESE ARE UPDATED TO THE LATEST WINDOWS 8 COMPATIBLE DRIVERS!!!
VKbms.sys Thu Sep 30 12:16:33 2010 (4CA4B7E1)
HID mini driver for USB Fx2 Device (Razer driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VKbms.sys

DABlack.sys Mon Nov 29 05:22:14 2010 (4CF37ED6)
Razer DeathAdder USB Optical Mouse Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=DABlack.sys

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 08:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

If the BSOD's don't stop after doing the above, then please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings
Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Mar 27 23:00:26.579 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\032813-24125-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16496.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130108-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:07:22.274
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+df64f )
BugCheck 50, {fffff888062acff8, 1, fffff8800478064f, 2}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff888062acff8, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8800478064f, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nvlddmkm+df64f
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3392
BIOS Version A08
BIOS Release Date 08/16/2012
Manufacturer Alienware
Product Name Alienware X51
**************************Wed Mar 27 22:52:34.616 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\032813-14156-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16496.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130108-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:26.311
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+df64f )
BugCheck 50, {fffff88803ff6ff8, 1, fffff8800490b64f, 2}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88803ff6ff8, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8800490b64f, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nvlddmkm+df64f
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz&q... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/22892-com-crashes-after-opening-games.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with a laptop I've been asked to fix The laptop Windows GB RAM GHZ AMD Quad-Core A - M APU has no malware and everything hardware and software seems fine except that when twice start, to help need Games please opening you first try to open load a game you have to do it twice or the game does Games need opening twice to start, please help not open I e The laptop is turned on boots goes to the Windows desktop everything is fine To start say Unreal Tournament I double click on the game's icon Nothing happens If I Games need opening twice to start, please help then double click on the icon again then the game loads and plays as it should Experimentation shows that the first time you double click on the icon two new processes appear in the Task Manager rundll exe UT exe but the game does not load nor do I get any error messages until I again double click on the icon It does the same for other games Games need opening twice to start, please help such as if I try to start Morrowind then exactly the same thing occurs nothing at all visibly happens no error message no system warning beep and the game does not load But if I look in Task Manager then two new processes have been added rundll exe Morrowind Launcher exe and the game only loads if I then double click again on the icon It does this with many of the games on the machine but even so I uninstalled Unreal Tournament and installed my copy original plus the patch and extra levels and yet it still needs opening twice before it starts up though of course it works fine on my laptop and desktop When a game does load then it works fine and I can't find any other problems at all But this is a new one at least to me and any help or advice would be appreciated Thanks for reading and for any advice

Please follow this guide here to perform a System File Check of Windows:

How to run SFC /scannow from Command Prompt | Tech Support Forum

Also you say this happens with many games. Are these games in Steam or a standalone game?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/games-need-opening-twice-to-start-please-help-879417.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Running Windows Me, recently reinstalled Windows Me and now Yahoo games will not open..

A:yahoo games not opening

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]
make sure you do not have the yahoo games site listed in your hosts file

do a search for hosts in your local drive, and when you find them (should be about 3 of them) you want to open the one without an extension. Not the .bak or .sam ones.
In there, see if rd.yahoo.com is listed, and if so, then remove it from the listing

Also check to see if games.yahoo is listed.

If neither, and nothing in the hosts file, then please let us know what is happening when you try to connect to it. any error messages, etc!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yahoo-games-not-opening.104927/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a problem with a laptop I've been asked to fix The laptop Windows GB RAM GHZ AMD Quad-Core A - M APU has no malware and everything hardware and software seems fine except that when you first try to open load a game you have to do it twice or the game does not open I e The laptop is turned on boots goes to the Windows desktop everything is fine To start say Unreal Tournament I double click on the game's icon Nothing happens If I then double click on the icon again then the game loads and plays as it should Experimentation shows that the first time you double click on the icon two new processes appear in the twice start, need Games help to please opening Task Manager rundll exe UT exe but the game does not load nor do I get any error messages until I again double click on the icon It does the same for other games such as if I try to start Morrowind Games need opening twice to start, please help then exactly the same thing occurs nothing at all visibly happens no error message no system warning beep and the game does not load But if I look in Task Manager then two new processes have been added rundll exe Morrowind Launcher exe and Games need opening twice to start, please help the game only loads if I then double click Games need opening twice to start, please help again on the icon It does this with many of the games on the machine but even so I uninstalled Unreal Tournament and installed my copy original plus the patch and extra levels and yet it still needs opening twice before it starts up though of course it works fine on my laptop and desktop When a game does load then it works fine and I can't find any other problems at all But this is a new one at least to me and any help or advice would be appreciated Thanks for reading and for any advice

Just a thought, but have you tried running the executable the shortcut on your desktop points to directly? Is the result the same?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544404/games-need-opening-twice-to-start-please-help/
Relevancy 46.01%

When I click on a video on a web page WMP opens and the video plays in it. How do I STOP WMP from doing this. I just want to watch the video in its own web page player.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61998-windows-media-playing-opening-url.html
Relevancy 45.58%

UPDATE when running GMER infection apparently detected it and blocked it Then blocked internet access am attaching forwarded files from a temp computer and connection Could not complete gmer but stopped it scanning before the block and saved - attached I have not heard of this before why block net access Thanks for this forum and service Using Windows XP Flash, loop; Hijack Reboot Browser BSOD Pro SP - behind Trendnet router - home network - no one else using it at the time Problem Beginning Noticed sloooowdown while loading pages BSOD Flash, Reboot loop; Browser Hijack only at Android Nook forums and XDA forums several other tabs open and none were sluggish loading Decided to close Explorer wasn t responding Don t recall order of the next two events - -- An unrequested popup security warning appeared asking whether I wanted to dl a file from IEFrame dll Hitting quot cancel quot or quot x quot wouldn t close it -- Desktop icons disappeared along with taskbar access and Start Ctrl-Alt-Del Symptoms Won t boot to Windows Gets to initial Windows mostly black screen with loading bar BSOD Flash, Reboot loop; Browser Hijack followed by a very rapid blue screen flashing by and then reboots - rinse and repeat Safe Mode - same result except when loading files and asked whether to skip SPTD SYS and I do Safe Mode will load I later renamed SPTD sys Windows still doesn t load normally but Safe Mode will Attempted to run MalwareBytes HiJack This Blacklight Superantispyware Avast - all fail in various ways quot no rights to runs this quot quot won t run in software mode quot quot windows cannot find file quot or for Avast iirc scan instantly quot finishes quot claiming zero problems I now have a very bad feeling Ran System Restore to point at previous day At reboot failed the same way however in Safe Mode message said quot Success quot for System Restore In Safe Mode Googled for these problems but found that quot SPTD sys quot links were always redirected to starfeedsmixer in various configurations of the name search-system com appeared often also Other browser destinations - like this one - aren t hijacked Sometimes a link that is hijacked will go to a presumably fake quot page not found quot site quot The Click Check quot which says quot Please assist us in improving our service by confirming which service referred you here quot and requiring a security code of letters to be entered as legit sites often do Occasionaly a security popup will appear randomly asking about quot navcard HTML doc from ieframe dll quot and won t close Another one was quot dnserrordiagoff webOC from ieframe dll quot Other Steps taken before posting here Ran Kaspersky s TDSS sp Killer found two files - one was identified only as quot process - cd quot and a code I don t have the other quot process - system quot Quarantined but no change in behavior Ran Kaspersky Rescue disk with medium level scan and set security to quot High quot Ran overnight Identified a number of threats as quot high quot most were in system restore Two were the items in TDSS Killer quarantine I could not find a way to quarantine in the Rescue Disk only Disinfect Delete or Skip So I too recommended actions including deleting the two quarantined Rebooted - no change Same reboot loop with flash of BSOD Looked in Registry for entries identifying search-system com msadblock exe but found none Have lost desktop items and Start key now after message quot Explorer has encountered a problem and must shut down quot although it didn t Processes show only one unfamiliar one running exe - User is quot System quot I have never seen that or anything resembling it Can t kill it DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by user at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k nets... Read more

A:BSOD Flash, Reboot loop; Browser Hijack

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 31. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423569/bsod-flash-reboot-loop;-browser-hijack/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey there,

I can't remember the command line in the Properites section of a game icon. It would allow you to redirect the game to a different directory, rather than using from the CD-ROM. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanx!!!

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys,
I'm planning to make an order on simpleshoppinglink.com buy I'm still thinking: I want to buy a powerful machine for playing new big games and decided to ask someone's thoughts about it. So what would you buy for playing games: PC or Laptop?
If you choose PC: i7 4790k or i7 4930k? or another proposes?
If you choose laptop: which one?

A:What would you buy for playing games?

An i5 with a good video card. Games are GPU intensive so you'll need a video card to handle the latest games with 8 gigs of memory.

I personally play on a PC. There are those who play on a laptop. It boils down to a personal preference. if you need the mobility you go laptop. However, I can build a PC significantly cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-buy-for-playing-games.215861/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there,
I have a problem with browsing web pages. If i go to a search engine and do a search, a list of sites come up and i choose a link that may interest me. My problem is that when i click on a link, it takes me to another site that i didn't want. I then click back, click on the original link, and then i go to that link. I suspect it could be a Virus/Malware/Trojan problem but thought i would post here 1st thinking it could be something in my advanced settings for IE 7. I have IE7 on because i had problems with IE8 (not related to this problem).
Have been into IE tools and reset all default options, have also run scans with AVG, SpyBot, MalwareBytes, and CCleaner, as well as Reg cleaner. All say everything is fine, thus why i have posted here first.
All help appreciated and thx in advance.
Stoo

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-playing-games-480337.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Jane's "WWII Fighters" does not function properly in WinME. Electronic Arts tells me that many of their games will not detect WIN2000 as an optimized operating system and therefore may not install properly. Anybody got a solution? Thank You.

A:Playing games in ME or ME playing games?

I installed Combat Flight Simulator 2 on windows ME and works just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-games-in-me-or-me-playing-games.39985/
Relevancy 45.58%

Insurgency for me... I'm kinda addicted.

A:What Games are you playing right now?

Mad Max and GTA V/Online mostly.

Waiting for the Hearts of Stone DLC to drop for Witcher 3 before I jump into that game. Might try some Batman Arkham Knight soon now that it's been patched up a bit.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/25787-what-games-you-playing-right-now.html
Relevancy 45.58%

What games are you all playing at the moment Thought I'd ask so if someone saw a game they were having a Games What playing are you now? right hard time with they could ask for some advice perhaps I myself am playing a few games Freelancer - old but What Games are you playing right now? awesome co-op playing with my house mates Oblivion - completely finished it FlatOut - so much fun Counter-Strike Source - been playing CS for or so years now don't play it too much anymore but still takes up a fair amount of my times at LAN's NFS Most Wanted - What Games are you playing right now? completely finished it Prey - i love this game only have the demo as it's not released here in Aus yet F E A R - playing it again such an intense FPS Dawn of War Winter Assault - always playing this so enjoyable Titan Quest - Got it days ago bored of it after playing oblivion nothing can compare nothing There's a heap of others that i have installed and can't remember I have a gb partition dedicated to games and my computer is a gaming computer i'm a gamer if you hadn't realised

A:What Games are you playing right now?

BF2....when I get time

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/8564-what-games-you-playing-right-now.html
Relevancy 45.58%

The computer in question has XP home edition on it. It used to play games "Battlefield 1942, Age of Empire and Myst to name a few. Now the game freeze shortly after the games starts. Done 2 installs in 4 days of Xp one with direct x 8.1 which game require and one with 9 both installs with latest drivers to the best of my knowledge, and the pc locks up when games are played the rest of the time everything seems to work fine. These games used to play but will not run right at the moment. this problem has existed for several months now so I don't think it's related to sp2 release. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

Relevancy 45.58%

I am trying to install a disk with super nes and nes games on it, but when I try to play snes games it says incorrect command line parameters. It does allow me to play nes games with my wingman game pad but not snes ones. Can anyone help me out

A:Playing games on PC

I'm assuming your using an emulator to run the games? What emulator are you using? The problem might be specific to the emulator, and its a bit hard to help unless we know more details. Try to post as much information about the problem as possible, and we will try to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-games-on-pc.129468/
Relevancy 45.58%

Have been given a number of old games ie

grim fandango
alone in the dark 2 and 3
LBA 1 and 2
time commando
full throttle
and a number of lucas arts classics

I have looked at dosbox and after i download it I get lost trying to figure it out. So I thought I would buy a PC from ebay to play them.
Unfortunately most dont seem to know if the above games will play on the systems they have for sale ????.

One fellow said he would make one for me for $100.00 if I gave him the specs. So can somebody give the the best specs to play the above games

I think to start off win 95 or win 98 / pentium 4 / 32 MB video card and about 2 GB ram I dont know what else I need. Can anybody help out.

thanks

A:pc for playing old games

If I were you, I would build a basic home system with Windows Pro. You have the advantage of playing older games and a more advanced system. Though it may cost more, you may find Windows 95, 98 even ME, to be way too ancient. Unless you have grown up with those operating systems all of your life I'd understand.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-for-playing-old-games.1043349/
Relevancy 45.58%

I tried the forums but was unable to find anything help full in this issue so posting it now.
My secondary 80GB SG Barracuda is gone crazy. the problem is that the HDD gets undetected when its being written. If I copies anything from it or in it (any partition) it vanishes from windows and even from bios. After a couple of minutes I can re-detect it from the device manager. and its fine till I try to access it. After trying so many things I was able to copy data from 1 partition with old DOS based ghost.exe, by making image of the partition.
I'll salvage the data by using ghost but can my hard drive get repaired?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-playing-games.104319/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ever since I had windows a game that I often play on windows has stopped working so I am unable to use this game games playing on windows playing games I can understand Microsoft wanting to get people to move over to windows but it is really unnecessary to stop things working on windows just to get people to give up windows We have paid good money to get windows in the first place and support doesn't end until I even had to reinstall win a couple of times to get it to work but to no avail The most recent reinstall playing games of windows enabled me to play the game I wanted to play The last time I was able to play this game was this morning Then this afternoon I got round to catching up with all the updates for win - guess what happened the game stopped working So it's obvious one of the updates stops the program from working I'd appreciate having this update withdrawn and a replacement put in place so we can continue to use win Either that or post some instructions on how we can restore the program to work Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/05278ffe-9b87-4f50-a066-c43666588f95/playing-games?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello What I need is a little advice I noticed that the computer was running slow so I clicked on my computer and went into performance and saw that only resources were free I called Dell and they made me go into msconfig and had me UNCHECK many many items so that all the icons that were in the system tray are now playing games not gone No big deaL but we have noticed that some of the games that I downloaded from the web no games not playing longer work Like a game called Snood I downloaded it again but to no avail It says you have games not playing to have Direct X version to play the game but upon searching my files I have version Do I download their version and overwrite the newer version with the older one Will this screw anything up What to do I can tell you that now when I right click on my computer and look into the performance tab there is now resources FREE Wow But what do I do with the games that no longer work What could be the reason that they no longer work I even RECHECKED all the boxes that they had me recheck just to see if they would work and they still do not work What could have happened I even did a system restore to the day before the unchecking of the startup items and still they did not work Once again what do you suggest I do and how do I correct it thanks Once again everything seems OK and even faster but these few games like quot HOUSE of THE DEAD quot and SNOOD which were downloaded from the web no longer work Everything else is fine The items they had me uncheck were Msft Works items and Dell SC solution center and Delss Creative mixer and WATCH and Save No w etc etc The tech was very knowledgeable I thought and asked me to read what was checked and had me uncheck as we went So that was that it was not until hours later that I realized that certain games did not work What could be wrong I am running Windows ME and the computer is a Dell series GHZ with a Gb hard drive Thanks nbsp

A:games not playing

hmm, tried downloaded latest version of DX? Just let it overwrite anything that may be there. Just a thought....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-not-playing.76136/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Playing Old Dos Games

With DOSBox things are rather basic since I can easily run some old 8bit dos games on the 64bit Windows 10 as well as previously seen on the 64bit Windows 7. With a basic entry to mount the game's program folder on a virtual drive you then simply type the name of the main executable to see it run.

One classic title was the 8bit Duke Nukem where the first entry was "mount c: c:\duke nukem 1" where the custom folder had to be created for the old game since that didn't have any installer. Once mounted I simply typed in "dn1" being the "dn1.exe" file for starting the game up. The game loads right up!

A PC World article on DOSBos makes for a good read along with the Wiki and other sources since this is an easy one to learn how to use. The PC World article can be looked over at: How to Use DOSBox to Play Classic Games | PCWorld

The dosbox.com wiki is seen at: Basic Setup and Installation of DosBox

And then there's the How-To-Geek site for another guide. How To Use DOSBox To Run DOS Games and Old Apps

With a newer game that is more involved like the Duke 3D sequel with a Dos/9x capable installer you would need a different type of emulator since DOXBox is intended mainly for the stand alone type games that simply unpacked into a folder from a cd collection if not bought back then on a floppy disk. A lot of those old titles are now if found totally free to download since they were long ago discontinued since at this late date who would still be seeing a 98SE machine still going let alone an dos museum piece? Not many unless an old pc was inherited?!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/36500-playing-old-dos-games.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all,

Can somebody help me please, i have downloaded a game, and was wondering how i can play it on my ps2. It is a ps2 game out run coast to coast. I tried burning it with nero burner on to a dvd and that didnt work?? do i have to do something with my ps2??

Can some body please please please help as i am a out run die hard fan............
many thanx......

A:Playing ps2 games

We do not help with pirated games.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-ps2-games.488393/
Relevancy 45.58%

games not playing Hello What I need is a little advice I noticed that the computer was running slow so I clicked on my computer and went into performance and saw that only resources were free I called Dell and they made me go into msconfig and had me UNCHECK many many items so that all the not playing games icons games not playing that were in the system tray are now gone No big deaL but we have noticed that some of the games that I downloaded from the web no longer work Like a game called Snood I downloaded it again but to no avail It says you have to have Direct X version to play the game but upon searching my files I have version Do I download their version and overwrite the newer version with the older one Will this screw anything up What to do I can tell you that now when I right click on my computer and look into the performance tab there is now resources FREE Wow But what do I do with the games that no longer work What could be the reason that they no longer work I even RECHECKED all the boxes that they had me recheck just to see if they would work and they still do not work What could have happened I even did a system restore to the day before the unchecking of the startup items and still they did not work Once again what do you suggest I do and how do I correct it thanks Once again everything seems OK and even faster but these few games like quot HOUSE of THE DEAD quot and SNOOD which were downloaded from the web no longer work Everything else is fine The items they had me uncheck were Msft Works items and Dell SC solution center and Delss Creative mixer and WATCH and Save No w etc etc The tech was very knowledgeable I thought and asked me to read what was checked and had me uncheck as we went So that was that it was not until hours later that I realized that certain games did not work What could be wrong I am running Windows ME and the computer is a Dell series GHZ with a Gb hard drive Thanks nbsp

A:games not playing

Hiya

Is this the version that you have of SNOOD:

http://www.snood.org/

It looks like a Demo, so maybe the timer has run out. Did it have a 30 day expire date?

Do you have anything left in the startup? Lets have a look:

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Also, go here and download AddAware http://tomcoyote.com/lsindex.html

Download and run, ensuring that Deep Registry scan is enabled. Remove all except any references to Web3000 or new.net. If you're unsure, copy/paste the list here.

Also, whilst you're there, download and install RefUpdate to get the latest updates. Just click Connect.

Installing Direct7 over 8 won't do any good. In fact, not sure if it'll let you.

Also, where did you get HOUSE of THE DEAD from?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-not-playing.76197/
Relevancy 45.58%

when i play neopets games and win it will not let me send score init says shockwave movie has errors that cause this problem is there anything i can do it plays alright on internet explorer thank you for the help
Rose

A:playing games

Hello, Rose. I searched for your problem, and found a topic with a user having almost exactly the same problem, even for the same game. Here is a link to that topic

http://forums.techguy.org/games/1364...en-trying.html

The user claims they uninstalled then reinstalled Shockwave, and it fixed the problem. But...

You may wish to check this link FIRST http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ to see if your Shockwave player is working and or up to date. IF yours is working, you will see the animation on the page, if not, it will ask you to install the Shockwave plugin. I clicked it myself, and it says that I need to install the missing plugin (Shockwave).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/playing-games-425023.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I am having some problems games at the yahoo site Under ctrl panel i see that I have Java installed these games were playing ok but not I can only access games the not playing... is here HJT log Games Here is the HJT Games not playing... here is the HJT log log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Games not playing... here is the HJT log System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRshutA exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C Program Files Common Files Motive BellSouthBrowser exe C Program Files BellSouth Alert Manager BellSouthAlertManager exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hometab bellsouth net O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run USRpdA C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe RunServices Device cpipe-USRpdA O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run MotiveReportAgent quot C Program Files Common Files Motive McciBootStrapper exe quot url quot -url file C Program Files Common Files Motive ReportAgent html quot browsertype CustomMSIE browserpath quot C Program Files Common Files Motive BellSouthBrowser exe quot hidden O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run tgcmd quot C Program Files Support com BellSouth hcenter exe quot starthidden tgcmdwrapper O - HKLM Run BellSouthAlertManager exe C Program Files BellSouth Alert Manager BellSouthAlertManager exe O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Global Startup Adobe Reader ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-not-playing-here-is-the-hjt-log.448540/
Relevancy 45.58%

when i play rise of nations first the games starts getting slower then theres black and green colors fluttering in the background then it freezes and i have no other choice but to restart and when i play battle field 2 theres just fluttering colors in the background and its pretty slow i don't know how to fix this i hope some one can help me

My SPEC ARE:
AMD athlon x2 4600
1x 512 mb of ram
GeForce 7900 gs with the latest drivers
1x 500 gb hard drive
msi k9n4 sli motherboard
500 wat thermaltake power supply

p.s.
also when starting the computer up the screens aren't aligned

A:Help In Playing Games

that sounds like an obvious graphics card issue, could possibly be defective or theres a driver conflict or some other conflict with your monitor, quickly try re-installing your video drivers. If that doesn't solve anything try contacting the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-in-playing-games.78642/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Playing Old Dos Games

With DOSBox things are rather basic since I can easily run some old 8bit dos games on the 64bit Windows 10 as well as previously seen on the 64bit Windows 7. With a basic entry to mount the game's program folder on a virtual drive you then simply type the name of the main executable to see it run.

One classic title was the 8bit Duke Nukem where the first entry was "mount c: c:\duke nukem 1" where the custom folder had to be created for the old game since that didn't have any installer. Once mounted I simply typed in "dn1" being the "dn1.exe" file for starting the game up. The game loads right up!

A PC World article on DOSBos makes for a good read along with the Wiki and other sources since this is an easy one to learn how to use. The PC World article can be looked over at: How to Use DOSBox to Play Classic Games | PCWorld

The dosbox.com wiki is seen at: Basic Setup and Installation of DosBox

And then there's the How-To-Geek site for another guide. How To Use DOSBox To Run DOS Games and Old Apps

With a newer game that is more involved like the Duke 3D sequel with a Dos/9x capable installer you would need a different type of emulator since DOXBox is intended mainly for the stand alone type games that simply unpacked into a folder from a cd collection if not bought back then on a floppy disk. A lot of those old titles are now if found totally free to download since they were long ago discontinued since at this late date who would still be seeing a 98SE machine still going let alone an dos museum piece? Not many unless an old pc was inherited?!

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/36500-playing-old-dos-games.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there any way to play a 95/98 compatable game on XP? (Balders Gate 2 specifically)

Relevancy 45.58%

First off I am new to all this I have win xp home and would like to play old games such as Full Throttle I have tried the win xp compatability mode with no success games help old would playing appreciate Have downloaded scummvm and dos box but I simply dont understand how to use them I looked at vm ware which allows multiple systems such as and but I dont see how that works because of the more powerfull system I have which I assume would be too powerfull for the old games ie gig ram vid card athlon I tried to buy a win PC but it seems harder than I imagined One person was reluctant to sell me a reconditioned xp when I asked him to uninstall xp and put in win I am rather puzzled I thought it would be simple to play old games would appreciate help playing old games but apparently not so I would appreciate any help to enable me to play these old classics Such as what system I would need Or help re VMSCUMM or DOS BOX Thank You for your advice Jean Bloom nbsp would appreciate help playing old games

Relevancy 45.58%

Thanks guys for your cooperation in advance, for it's highly appreciated.
To start things off let me give you guys some specifications of my laptop:

Manufacturer- Hewlett Packard
Model: HP Pavilion dv6700 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60 Ghz: 2.00
Ram: 2.00 GB
32 bit operating system

Vista home Premium

Now the problem:

Everytime I open a game the game freezes for about 10-30 seconds, and then begins to load.. This also happens when closing takes about ten to thirty seconds, and then finally closes...
This happens with every single game I had.. This didn't happen in the beginning but started about three to four months ago.. I searched for other threads in different forums, but I couldn't find anything similar to my problem...

Please, don't hesitate to reply

Yours Truly,
Andrew

A:Freezing when opening and closing games

Hello Andrew.

Are these high performance games or smaller ones? You don't have a ton of RAM, and your CPU is not extremely powerful. Does this happen with movies? Anything else?

You could also try a defrag and registry defrag.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/218781-freezing-when-opening-closing-games.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My friend has a problem.
He has recently upgraded his computer.
Whenever he opens a video/game, 5-10 minutes into it he gets a BSOD.
I can get any information that you need because I'm talking to him now via Skype.
He is running Windows 7 x64

Thanks in advance,
-James

A:BSOD When opening Games/Movies?

Quote: Originally Posted by JimiB95

My friend has a problem.
He has recently upgraded his computer.
Whenever he opens a video/game, 5-10 minutes into it he gets a BSOD.
I can get any information that you need because I'm talking to him now via Skype.
He is running Windows 7 x64

Thanks in advance,
-James

Give me a sec, I'll read the BSOD posting instructions

Just in case James
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133881-bsod-when-opening-games-movies.html