Windows Support Forum

Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Q: Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm a Insider member since Oct get all the builds till the official launch of Windows last July A few days before the official launch my Windows TP build had a boot problem and gave me a UEFI boot error since the Insider Program was locked and I can't get any Insider Preview build to work I had format my PC and install my Don't stuck 10240 Insider get Builds, build on Windows Pro and follow the upgrade path to Windows Reserve a copy wait for the update and install the Windows Pro and activate with my valid Windows Key no hassles there After success upgrade I went Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 to Security and Updates gt Windows Update gt Advanced Options and hit the Get Insider builds gt Get Started button restart my PC and check if Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 Fast Ring was selected and it was Last month it came out Build and later on Build and I didn't receive any of those I tried to force the download by hitting constantly the Check update button on Windows Update but the only thing my Windows Update download is Windows Defender definitions So I tried the following in Advanced Option I hit the Stop receive preview builds restart PC and go there again I hit the button Get Preview Builds restart again and wait a few days no luck Since I don't had any luck there I post some questions in Microsoft Answers and report the problem a few days later receive some answers but none of the those answers worked out and one of them seems to me a bit stupid so the suggestions was - Uninstall any anti-virus don't have any so it really doesn't apply to me - Safe Boot with Network did that produce no effect what so ever - Selective Startup with all services stopped except Microsoft services same as above produced no effect still didn't get any update via Windows Update - Create a new Administrator account and run the Windows Update from the new account although might work I found this solution a bit awkward I mean I have to create a new account with Administrator privileges and then subscribe to Insider Preview Program with that account and then make all the process I did it no effects also bit I thought that was the dumbest solution ever - Drivers update - All my drivers are up to date some from the manufactures others from Microsoft no hardware problems so can't anything about that - Reset IP Address - Did that nothing happened - Windows Update as Trusted Sites - Did that nothing happened - Change DNS to and - Did that nothing happened So in total despair I contact Microsoft Answer Desk by Phone and after a few minutes trying to explain what is my problem I'm a portuguese from Portugal and ours Answer Desk is provided by Brazilians which don't quietly understand us - Brazilian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese the woman gave me this solution Re-install my Windows Pro and from there wait that Windows Update give me the Insider Preview update and if Windows Update tries to install regular Windows upgrade she said to stop the upgrade and differ that update and wait for the Insider Update I didn't make this yet because I'm hard to believe that will work I mean in Windows I will get the Windows Insider Preview as an update Last I checked I had to install Windows TP with an ISO and boot from that ISO to get started and the new Insider Preview program state that I only have to set Windows Update to Get the Preview Builds which I did from a Windows activated install which I have By the way my Windows is set to USA as location and has the display language set to US English I had also set a Portuguese keyboard setup set my region to Portugal and Proofing tools are setup to US English and Portuguese Portugal I'm stating this since if my display language is not supported by Insider Preview I don't receive any builds Portuguese currently not supported So please help me understand why I'm not getting the Insider builds and I'm still stuck in build Here is a screenshot of my Settings and my Insider Hu... Read more

A:Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Welcome to Ten Forums Ed
When I changed from slow to fast it took 4 days to update for me. Have you waited the four days?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/22803-dont-get-insider-builds-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 79.98%

Build 10240 now available for Windows Insiders in Fast and Slow rings | Blogging Windows

A:Windows 10 build 10240 now available

The chaos that has surrounded the update to 10240 bodes ill for the 29th.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-build-10240-now-available-1018954.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Microsoft has reportedly finalized Windows 10 ahead of its July 29 release date. The company has selected build 10240 as the final release to manufacturing (RTM) copy according to sources familiar with the matter as reported by The Verge.

Read more

A:Windows 10 has been finalized, goes RTM on build 10240

Installing in my VM now 30% done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-10-has-been-finalized-goes-rtm-on-build-10240.216560/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello,
So I have seen that Windows 10 build 10240 came out,should I install it or should i wait till July 29th

A:[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Build 10240

If you are an active user to test the builds then go ahead, nothing should happen any wrongful situation. But if not then better secure your reservation to receive the most stable version as possible of Windows 10 valid to be lifetime.

Just feel your guts which you prefer to be comfortable.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/discussion-windows-10-build-10240.48445/
Relevancy 78.26%

I can't install Docker for Windows, as my Windows 10 Education version says it is still build 10240, and not the November update (build 10586).
The Windows Update utility says my system is up-to-date. I can't install an update manually either using the Windows media creation tool, as the software download page (click here won't display. I've checked on viruses, but no harmful items found. What to do next?

A:Can't move from Windows 10 build 10240 to 10586

I've just been trying to get MCT too but getting blank white MS pages. No idea what is happening.
Majorgeeks has a copy though.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cant-move-windows-10-build-10240-10586-4596245/
Relevancy 77.4%

Since the beginning of I have been unable to upgrade ending with constant requests to restart and the failure data as per attachment is the latest I did defer this upgrade but recently it has been ignored and the upgrade has been installing and failing again on a regular basis I have tried the ISO's and other links to this upgrade and they all finish with a simple statement quot Failed 10 to Unable build to upgrade 10586 from Windows 10240 quot Funnily in Security amp Maintenance it shows a failure almost as soon as it starts to download and then about an Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 hour later it says it was a successful update I expect to see a Windows old in 'C' drive but there isn't any Last night a notification suddenly announced quot We are working on it quot - what Today it did another upgrade download and installation and guess what - failed I am under the impression that Microsoft want to get this upgrade Unable to upgrade Windows 10 from build 10240 to 10586 going in preparation for the Windows anniversary end July I notice in Tiribos's post the instructions for downloading the ISO and mounting etc but mine downloads as zip file but I suppose it all amounts to the same performance What to do This forum seems to be the best place to post as there is so much useless crap elsewhere on the internet mostly from a year or more ago

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/51965-unable-upgrade-windows-10-build-10240-10586-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240
Cant see this is correct

A:windows tells me my Laptop is up to date build 10240

Did you receive the update for th2 10586 back in November or have you been receiving Windows updates ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33960-windows-tells-me-my-laptop-up-date-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I am trying to update my windows 10 x86 build 10240 to 14393 by windows 10 upgrade assistant and also by Insider build but fail.
I can download update by insider but updates could not install....how can I update my build to 14393? thanks

A:Why my pc win 10 x86 build 10240 not going to update by windows 10 upgrade assistant?

Two things to try:
- Download the windows 10 update diagnosis tool
- Refresh (settings) the build you have and try to update again
Welcome to the forums :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/437365-why-my-pc-win-10-x86-build-10240-not-going-update-windows-10-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm on Windows 10 Pro(build 10240). What I want to know is do I have to be on the newest win 10 build or just stick with what I have? Also on Microsoft's website with the list of updates for the "initial release" I don't have all the updates listed. Should I manually download them and apply to my PC? Thanks

A:Build 10240

Hi, you are now 2 major builds behind, as you have just the first release of Win 10. 10.0.10586 came out in Nov 2015 and 10.0.14393 in August this year, still being delivered to customers.

That suggest you have Windows update disabled, or are not connected to the internet, or Windows update is not working.

So you can either fix those problems, if any, or manually download the current iso and burn a DVD or USB disk manually, or directly create a bootable medium using MS's media creation tool, or just mount the iso and proceed from there.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62729-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been an Insider since the beginning and have received all the updates during the past few months.  I'm currently stuck in build 10166 and Windows Update informs me that my device is current.  Checking for updates yields nothing new except that Defender is updated daily, sometimes more than once.  On the next page I see a "Fix Me" button, but when I click on that up comes a dialog asking if I want to discontinue future builds.  Nothing else happens.

I ran the update troubleshooter, which reports: "Problems found: Service registration is missing or corrupt.  Not fixed".  I don't know if this is the cause of my problem, nor do I know how to repair the service registration.  I'd appreciate any help as I suspect this will impair my upgrade to the final Windows 10 build on Wednesday.  Thanks.

A:Can't Get Update To Build 10240

What is the latest build you have, which has a full iso?  Sounds like you need to reinstall it, but I don't know if that will work now.  My latest full iso is 10162, and when I installed it, then came 10166 as download, and on the day of the 10240 release, I got it in Updates.

Do you have any important files on it, or was this just a tester?  Obviously you'd need to backup first, else.

If all else fails, use one of your eligible licenses to download and get Win10.  It should self-activate when you do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584176/cant-get-update-to-build-10240/
Relevancy 69.23%

I installed the Tech Preview and registered as an Insider early on and largely rode the updates releases when published until build I sat on this build for a while disabled the Windows Update service and didn't do much with this preview install for a while Now I'm wanting to work with it more and would like to update upgrade to the latest build I enabled started the Windows Update service but it won't update If I go to Windows Update in Settings besides the title bar all I see is a blank page pane with activity dots indefinitely flying across the top Same deal if I open Settings and Can't / from 10240 update build upgrade search for 'Advanced' and click on Advanced Windows Update options Troubleshooting steps taken Reboot numerous timesLeave it sit for many hoursBoot into safe mode with networkingStop bits wuauserv and cryptsvc services rename C Windows SoftwareDistribution and C Windows System catroot and start the previously stopped servicesRan the Windows Update TroubleshooterRan sfc scannow no problems found Ran dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth no problems found Clean Can't update / upgrade from build 10240 BootedReset Windows The process appears to complete I see something like before the system reboots not sure if it actually gets to or if it fails before but after restarting I see a message like boot device inaccessible I've tried the reset process or so times it successfully reverts to the pre-reset environment after rebooting or times Earlier after update attempts I would open the WindowsUpdateClient Operational log and review logged errors but now when I try to access that log I see an error message quot MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it quot I can either report the error to Microsoft and shut down MMC or unload the snap-in and continue running MMC If I open Windows Store I see there are app updates detected but the download update attempts fail with quot Something went wrong The error code is x in case you need it quot Is there a way to download and clean-install the latest Insider build without wiping out my Windows Insider activation registration Any other ideas for getting Windows Updates working Thanks in advance

A:Can't update / upgrade from build 10240

The easiest way to get to the current build is to use the media creation tool use the upgrade this computer and keep all apps and files. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/33455-cant-update-upgrade-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 69.23%
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello, I have been trying to use custom themes on my laptop for the past 2 months, but none of them work fully, and just end up changing the desktop wallpaper, cursor and some colours on the windows, etc.

example of the theme I'm currently trying (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looks like on my computer
(ignore the start button, it's from classic shell :x)

I've tried lots of tools like UxStyle, UltraUXThemePatcher, programs to replace explorerframe.dll, etc. but none of them work.

I've had this problem even back when I was still using windows 8.1

Win 8.1 theme (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looked like on my computer
This is my laptop, though I don't know if the laptop itself is related to the problem...

Would be grateful if anyone knows what's the problem. Been wasting too much time trying to get this working.....

A:Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240)

Hi

Are the first screens under windows 10 ? if so , I wonder how you managed to get a custom picture as explorer background

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/33995-help-using-3rd-party-themes-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever.

I want to revert back to the previous Windows 10 build 10240. (I think that was the build number). Do I just use recovery to 'go back to an earlier build' ? Is there anything else I need to do first?
I understand that after the recovery I have to run the tool that hides updates for Windows 10. Do I have that right?
If all else fails, I did a full system back up just a few days before the update to the new Build happened.

A:Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

It's not the November 11th Threshold 2 update or otherwise referred to the 10586.93 version 1511 build pushed by way of the Windows updates but a flimsy upgrade to the newer build as the actual problem! When seeing the 10565 and 10576 builds each upgraded to the 10586 not one problem was seen while the distance between the 10240 and 10586 being greater as well as the 10240 not being so good as an upgrade build to start with you are much better simply going for the 10586's clean install.

That can be done by first downloading the updated Media Creation tool if you have an 8gb usb flash drive available as a 4gb will be too small since the TH2 release is actually a roll up of both the Home and Pro editions as well as seeing both the 32bit and 64bit options! Since 10 is already on and had been activated the clean install will not only see the 10586.39 go on fresh for the actual best end results but upgrade the build you are running as well.

As for the existing recovery options found in the F8 menu's Advanced recovery options the Reset option will likely see the 10240 build restored as long as nothing on the drive has changed since the TH2 upgrade took place like running the DiskCleanup tool or removing the Windows.old if created.

You might have to boot live from 10 media to get there however if you are unable to get into the F8 boot options directly! And that would bring you right back to the need to download 10 directly either by the MC Tool or going to the Tech Bench site for the Home dual 32/64bit iso download from there. You might want to consider going that route to begin with and save yourself extra efforts at a later time! First read over the guide for that. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36850-need-revert-build-1511-10586-36-10240-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The 1511 build installed yesterday and since then I have been having trouble booting up computer in AM. It gets stuck with an arrow on a black screen. I have to turn off PC and turn back on for it to boot up into windows. Even then, it takes forvever.

I want to revert back to the previous Windows 10 build 10240. (I think that was the build number). Do I just use recovery to 'go back to an earlier build' ? Is there anything else I need to do first?
I understand that after the recovery I have to run the tool that hides updates for Windows 10. Do I have that right?
If all else fails, I did a full system back up just a few days before the update to the new Build happened.

A:Need to revert from Build 1511 (10586.36) to 10240

It's not the November 11th Threshold 2 update or otherwise referred to the 10586.93 version 1511 build pushed by way of the Windows updates but a flimsy upgrade to the newer build as the actual problem! When seeing the 10565 and 10576 builds each upgraded to the 10586 not one problem was seen while the distance between the 10240 and 10586 being greater as well as the 10240 not being so good as an upgrade build to start with you are much better simply going for the 10586's clean install.

That can be done by first downloading the updated Media Creation tool if you have an 8gb usb flash drive available as a 4gb will be too small since the TH2 release is actually a roll up of both the Home and Pro editions as well as seeing both the 32bit and 64bit options! Since 10 is already on and had been activated the clean install will not only see the 10586.39 go on fresh for the actual best end results but upgrade the build you are running as well.

As for the existing recovery options found in the F8 menu's Advanced recovery options the Reset option will likely see the 10240 build restored as long as nothing on the drive has changed since the TH2 upgrade took place like running the DiskCleanup tool or removing the Windows.old if created.

You might have to boot live from 10 media to get there however if you are unable to get into the F8 boot options directly! And that would bring you right back to the need to download 10 directly either by the MC Tool or going to the Tech Bench site for the Home dual 32/64bit iso download from there. You might want to consider going that route to begin with and save yourself extra efforts at a later time! First read over the guide for that. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36850-need-revert-build-1511-10586-36-10240-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Guys,

Would you please give me a hand in this one. I use Windows 10 32-bit, build 10240, which came after I upgraded from Windows 7, having no problems at all, keeping my apps and files.

Now, I had option in WU to update to 1511 10586 recently, couple of weeks ago, it failed at 32% and 6% on Installing drivers. Then, I downloaded MCT and made and DVD with the installation and repeated everything. It failed again at same point. I read about problems with SD Card, I have none of it. Then I checked files setupact and setaperr, where I found that my Gamepad has error, I pulled USB Dongle out of computer. Another error was WLAN, but I do not have it, only cable modem router, connected directly to computer by cable.

I use PS2 mouse, there is no USB Peripherals connected and desperately want to upgrade do 10586 build. Everytime it failed at 32% point, and restored my previous version.

Could you help please.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34152-stuck-10240-upgrade-fails-32-did-everything-written-here.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My Parents figured it was time to upgrade to ten so I made up a disc and upgraded both their computers to build successfully I had already had I got new parts so I upgraded via a disk my dad made when first came around build 10240 Cannot ? to build Upgrade 0x20017) (0xC1900101 X 10586 Win I want to play Forza but unfortunately it isn't supported on my build of Win and security is better on yada yada Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 ? 0x20017) yada I insert the same disk upgrade begins it goes through the whole process on the purple screen and when it goes for the first reboot it boots back up into startup repair asking me to choose keyboard language I choose a shut down and when the computer boots back up it tells me quot Installation Failed in Safe OS Phase With an Error During BOOT Operation xC x quot I have tried many of the suggested fixes I have Tried installing with all USB ports vacant Removed my wireless adapter Installed using a clean boot Removed IIS and its associated user Completely uninstalled my antivirus There may be more but I dont remember Fresh Install is not an option so please dont suggest it theres got to be a way around this issue I have attached the error log of my latest attempt at upgrading I've also heard that downloading the ISO and then modifying some intel file could be a possible fix but Id rather try something that doesn't include modifying the OS that might bring up a quot not genuine quot error later as I have heard happens Thanks in advance for your help tenforums I hope this first post of mine can be successful for me and others

A:Cannot Upgrade Win X build 10240 to 10586 (0xC1900101 0x20017)

Download iso using this link, double click on it and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56547-cannot-upgrade-win-x-build-10240-10586-0xc1900101-0x20017.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello I have been a Windows Insider since the beginning My main quot test quot machine for the builds is on my 10240 Camp Boot from Build (Parallels) Win10 Insider Moving to Mac but in Parallels Desktop I'm considering moving to Boot Camp instead and just Moving from Win10 Insider Build 10240 (Parallels) to Boot Camp use Parallels to boot from the Boot Camp partition if I need OSX and Windows side by side for specific tasks My question is this Will I still be considered an Insider or rather still activated if I install a fresh new insider build on Boot Camp and just sign in to my MS account I'm planning to use the ESD file that updated my build to Once that is done I'll just delete my current VM Just to be clear I am not trying to migrate the Win VM itself to a Boot Camp partition Since that in itself is quite a hassle to do and considering a boatload of hurdles to overcome Oh and please tell me if I posted this question on the correct category thread and move it accordingly if needed Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/14937-moving-win10-insider-build-10240-parallels-boot-camp.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

A:Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? you're on windows 10, right?
Use the store app to get the netflix app
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/431229-netflix-stuck-windows-8-build.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Although its small and trivial, it bothers me a lot and it ruins the mood any wall paper puts out for me. How do i remove it?
http://i.imgur.com/d6d2kXA.png?1
(its at the bottom right)

A:Windows 8.1 Build XXXX stuck on desktop

That happens when your OS is not activated. You can confirm this by pressing Windows key+S and typing "PC Info". Select it. At the bottom of the information it will tell you something like "Windows is not Activated" or "Windows is Activated"

if it's not activated Microsoft wants you to provide the key to activate your OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58560-windows-8-1-build-xxxx-stuck-desktop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all, I have a dell xps 13 2015 touch screen. It started an insider build update on Windows 10 a week or two back and is still stuck on 80%, howner can i fix this? Please send help.

A:Windows 10 insider build update stuck on 80%

The Insider Previews aren't stable releases they are test builds... you shouldn't use them on a primary machine. If you need to recover files follow this guide:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/ 
You can download Windows 10 and clean install:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 
If you want to remain on the Insider Preview. Use the Insider Preview .iso:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995927
Relevancy 55.9%

I'll cut right to the chase; I built my new computer and I'm installing Windows 7 for the first time. Its stuck on "Preparing your computer for first use".

Methods I've tried:
Startup Repair via Disk
Unplugging my disk driver
Resetting BIOS

Specs:
GTX 960
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
16 GB Ram DDR4 Hyperx Fury

This is very frustrating and I really wanna get this up before Spring Break ends ;~;
Thanks in advance!

(P.S - I'm a new scrubbo to these kind of stuffs so sorry for any inconvenience :-( )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393770-new-custom-build-windows-7-stuck-setup-preparing-you-computer.html
Relevancy 54.61%

How can I do this? Thanks. Does it need to be a fresh install?

A:Can I upgrade Windows 10 1511 from 10240?

Originally Posted by pectin232

How can I do this? Thanks. Does it need to be a fresh install?

Click the upgrade now button here:
Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49442-can-i-upgrade-windows-10-1511-10240-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I still have an old install of the initial version 10240. I would like to confirm that the CU actually has updated it. 'winver' only reveals Version 10.0 (Build 10240).
Where can I find the 'long' version like in 10240.17113 ?

In the registry I found that string here:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5FDD51E2-A9D0-44CE-8C8D-162BA0C591A0}\

and many in this sub string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\ComponentDetect

A:Windows 10240: how to confirm update version?

Settings, System, About should show that.

&
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...erating-system
from a websearch
view Windows operating system version

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63603-windows-10240-how-confirm-update-version.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys Overkill here I'm pretty tech savvy work at an MSP providing tech support all day Can't solve this issue on a laptop at home though When updating my laptop from build to I get the following behavior depending on the method Windows Update - reboots but does not attempt to install update TechBench ISO updating 10586 fails Windows from to 10240 MCT Upgrade Install - Generates the following setuperr log Code - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error MOUPG CDlpActionImpl lt class CDlpErrorImpl Windows fails updating from 10240 to 10586 lt class CDlpObjectInternalImpl lt class CUnknownImpl lt class IMoSetupDlpAction gt gt gt gt Suspend Result xC - - Error MOUPG CSetupManager ExecuteInstallMode Result x BB - - Error MOUPG CSetupManager ExecuteDownlevelMode Result x BB - - Error MOUPG CSetupManager Execute Result x BB - - Error MOUPG CSetupHost Execute Result x BB - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetDeferredSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a deferred SQM datapoint in an invalid SQM session gle x b - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetDeferredSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a deferred SQM datapoint in an invalid SQM session gle x b - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetDeferredSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a deferred SQM datapoint in an invalid SQM session gle x b - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session gle x b - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetDeferredSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a deferred SQM datapoint in an invalid SQM session gle x b - - Error CDiagnosticsHelper SetSQMDatapoint Attempting to set a datapoint in an invalid SQM session - - Error CONX Failed to open inf key SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Network d e -e - ce-bfc - be - f- -cfe -aba f - - Error CONX Failed to add net component - - Error CONX Failed to open inf key SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Network bdd fc - f- d -bec - be f ecb- - aa -a fc-d a bf d - - Error CONX Failed to add net component - - Error SP pSPRemoveUpgradeRegTree failed to delete reg tree HKLM SYSTEM Setup Upgrade gle x - - Error x MIG CSIAgent Invalid xml format FormatException quot id quot attribute is mandatory void cdecl Mig CMXEMigrationXml LoadSupportedComponent class UnBCL XmlNode int class Mig CMXEMigrationXml class Mig CMXEXmlComponent - - Error x MIG CSIAgent Invalid xml format FormatException Component with display name Plugin CC F -AF - C - D- F CE already loaded cdecl Mig CMXEMigrationXml CMXEMigrationXml class Mig CPlatform class UnBCL String class UnBCL XmlDocument class UnBCL String class UnBCL String - - Error x fe MIG Plugin cbf b- d - cac- - acd ced a CreateProcess s failed GLE d - - Error x fe MIG Plugin D C- A- b -AD -DCE D CD C shmig Failed to get preferred homegroup with hr x - - Error x fe MIG Plugin ee dc -f b - d d-bb - dd c BRIDGEMIG CBrgUnattend CollectBridgeSettings failed x - - Error CSetupAutomation Resurrect File not found C WINDOWS BT Sources Panther automation dat gle x - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectAutomation Failed to resurrect automation x gle x... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/53963-windows-fails-updating-10240-10586-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just installed the latest build and as I have a rather small drive c: I wanted to delete the Windows.old files. I, had two of them. Disk Cleanup deleted Windows.old but left Windows.old(1). Not much left inside that Windows.old(1) folder but I can't delete it. Any suggestions other than a clean install?

A:Windows 10240 Disk Cleanup Won't Delete Windows.old

What file is in it?

I have an Asus motherboard and with every update, the Asus AMD00 device is pointing to the device driver in windows.old, so I can't delete it. I have to uninstall the device, set the owner and permissions on windows.old so I can delete it, then after I have deleted it, use the device manager to search for an update of the device,

It is probably something like that.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/8313-windows-10240-disk-cleanup-wont-delete-windows-old.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

In a surprise move to me at least Microsoft has issued a Cumulative Update to holdouts who turned 10240.17113 Windows 1, Update non-Insider) Official/Production: Cumulative 10 (Threshold down the November Update or those who were unable to Update due to technical issues This Update offers Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 10240.17113 (Threshold 1, non-Insider) a whole package of fixes and improvements Microsoft pushes out batch of cumulative updates for Windows Windows Central Issues Bugs Solutions For all things Build of Windows Discuss it here Basic tip If you're having any issues with your device try a reset Settings gt Update amp security gt Recovery gt Reset this PC gt This provides you with two options keep my files and remove everything Keep my files Does just as its name describes If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows without having Windows 10 Official/Production: Cumulative Update 10240.17113 (Threshold 1, non-Insider) to back up any of the pictures videos music and documents that you have stored on it You absolutely should back up these things just in case but you shouldn t need to use that back up Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device As such it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option You could also delete any files that you aren t using on your device and try the option again This option will take longer than the other options Remove Everything Deletes every file every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows to work with You ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again Here's a Changelog Improved reliability of Internet Explorer NET Framework and Windows Kernel Addressed issue causing print jobs to not complete when printing multiple documents in succession Addressed issue where recovery of encryption certificates for a virtual smartcard doesn't work Addressed issue preventing many built-in groups such as Hyper-V administrators from being created during setup of new devices using Windows Enterprise Improved support for the Group Policy setting for signing in using a PIN Addressed issue causing links to webpages to display blank pages when Enhanced Protected Mode is enabled in Internet Explorer Addressed issue causing quot Print all linked documents quot to not work in Internet Explorer Improved support for networks by adding new entries to the Access Point Name APN database Removed the Copy Protection option when ripping CDs in Windows Media Audio WMA format from Windows Media Player Addressed additional issues with Internet Explorer Windows Installer Shell Windows Media Player revised daylight saving time and Windows Update for Business Security updates to Microsoft Edge Internet Explorer Windows kernel OLE automation Windows lock screen Windows Secure Kernel Mode Windows SMB Server v Microsoft Graphics Component and PDF

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439312-windows-10-official-production-cumulative-update-10240-17113-threshold-1-non-insider.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Version Build is the one I am running I don't know what happened but it is just stuck there at I tried several solutions that I found on this forum and googling around but no success so far The main two that I tried several times were ---- ---- stopping the wuauserv by going into CMD as an administrator and running net stop wuauserv then deleting all the files in C Windows SoftwareDistribution then restarting the service and requesting the update again but still at even after leaving my computer on for a couple of days ----- ------- the second one was using the quot Update troubleshooter quot from windows which is linked both here and in the Microsoft Forums but that didn't do anything I tried to do both by doing slight variations during the process such 14372 update STUCK Build Version 10.0.14372 Windows AT 0% as stopping restarting the bits service after stopping restarting the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 wuauserv first method or restarting the computer before running the commands But no success yet I don't feel reinstalling windows and installing all my programs again since I am crunching hours trying to finish a project and the only reasons why I am desperate to fix this problem is because I am getting a warning saying that my PC will restart every few hours If I don't solve this issue You can see the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 screenshots below first image is the stuck at screenshot - second image is the warning from windows saying that my pc will restart every few hours

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64527-windows-update-stuck-0-version-10-0-14372-build-14372-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have not been able to get any updated insider builds since 10565.

Keep checking Check For Update but it says "your device is up to date"

Any suggestions?

A:Stuck at 10565 build

Manually update to 10586 by downloading iso from ms, double clicking on it and running setup.exe. Then make sure you rejoin the Insider Program in update menus, and leave pc on for up to 48 hours

Note - do not clean install if you did not install windows 10 upgrading from a valid 7/8 licence, as it will not activate.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/38651-stuck-10565-build.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was wondering if someone can walk me through the wiring A tad confusing for me I mean it s not like those - pins things which are impossible to mess up Its those wires that can fit either way I m a bit lost First this is the build What s been done so far Hardware wise everything is in the case Applying the thermal was easy The psu is plug in right video card is set the power supply for the processor is set it s everything else I m trying to go with a dual drive first one being a hdvd and the other a reg dvdrw I have several of the ribbon cables now sure how to connect them I mean it tells you how for one but for two drives The fans I m not sure how to connect same with the HDD What really annoying is the cables from the case they are purple black red not sure which way they go This is way the MSI manual has this is the mobo Now the stuck first Please on build. help. on wiring pc heatsink fan is kind of interesting Where do I plug it in to the motherboard It have three slots routed through a control knob stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help. I m keeping it on max which part of the mobo should I put the heatsink plug in to thanks nbsp

A:stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

Sounds like the optical drives are IDE, so the one on the end will be master, the one in the middle slave and the other end of the ribbon goes to the mobo.

The case lights/ switches should be labeled with things like HD+, HD- PW-, PW+

It takes a little translating, but HD+ would be the positive lead for the HD activity lights on the case so pins 1 and 3 in figure JFP1. Power switch are pins 6 and 8... just make sure to get the + and - right on each set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-wiring-on-first-pc-build-please-help.929823/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all Stuck build new with problem I Stuck with new build problem am trying to build my st system and seem to have gotten in Stuck with new build problem over my head Here is what I am putting together PCChips P G v Via Socket MicroATX Motherboard Audio AGP x Ethernet LAN USB Serial ATA RAID CNR Intel Celeron D GHz K Cache MHz FSB OEM Socket Processor Masscool W B M G Socket Intel Prescott Aluminum CPU Cooling Fan PNY Verto GeForce FX MB DDR PCI Dual VGA TV Out Video Card Seagate GB MB ATA- Retail Hard Drive Ultra MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory NEC Super-Multi AD- A x DVD R Burn x DVD R Read x DVD RW x DVD-R DL x DVD-RAM x x CD-R RW Black DVD Burner - OEM I had a case and power supply already from a system I had built earlier Anyway I assembled everything and tried to start the system to install Windows XP and couldn t get any power at all After reading through the forums I found that the MoBo was grounding to the case and of the connectors had to have a wire moved because this board only had pins So now I get power to the system but I can t get the system to turn on my monitor or to boot up from the floppy drive or the DVD drive Not sure where to go from here Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Title says it all, have not had issues with any previous builds; anyone else run into this or have a fix?

A:Build 10162 download stuck at 0%

Restart the WU service...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/7760-build-10162-download-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

A:Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62473-stuck-build-14393-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few weeks ago MS Released build As I'm on the fast ring got and installed the build Then it released But installations would always fail It would show me the installation process and then restart as it usually would roll on cannot build update, back stuck 14901: cannot However after logging in I would see that I'm still on build A minute stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back later there would be a popup message saying that quot some updates were not installed select this message for more details quot None were given when I did I thought I'd just wait for the next build stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back that it was a problem with But now that the next build is out I still keep running into the same problem Unfortunately I cannot uninstall updates update history is empty nor can I roll back to the previous build through advanced startup quot there was a problem rolling back to your previous build try resetting this PC first quot I currently cannot afford to reset this PC is there another way

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62259-stuck-build-14901-cannot-update-cannot-roll-back.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, guys and gals!

I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been getting the expiration warning and that's a big problem for me. I don't know if there's a newer build for the slow ring or not, and my system can't find any newer build to update to. I can't change to the fast ring because that's one of the bugs of this build.... I don't want to wake up on the 1'st of October not being able use my PC.

Any idea on how I can solve this or any info on the new build for the slow ring?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64756-stuck-build-14905-slow-ring-expiration-soon.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I seem to be stuck on fast ring build 14352. Have checked a few things in the Registry and retried several times, but as yet, have seen nothing.

Any ideas?

The latest Insider Preview ISO that you can download seems to the build 14342 (via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced), and I don't really want to download the ESD from a russian site, but can't seem to find the correct MS site.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54091-stuck-14352-no-offer-new-iast-ring-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

A:Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

I believe you are going to need more room.

Kill the current update attempt, reboot and try it again only skip the Updates part. See if that works.

Filling out your System Specs would be a help.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, how big is the SSD?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 46.01%

Where to get the ISO file of the last build? Not the upgrade.

A:Where is 10240 ISO file?

Originally Posted by MikeMecanic

Where to get the ISO file of the last build? Not the upgrade.

Even if you got it, it wouldn't help you. Activation servers are currently offline for clean installs. You can only do upgrades until July 29th.

Unless you're planning to upgrade via ISO (not clean install), which hopefully will work...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/8309-where-10240-iso-file.html
Relevancy 46.01%

RTM (10240) is supposed to be current branch for business....does it get updates??? i always heard about cumulative updates for 1511 (10586) but never for 10240....

A:is 10240 still supported?

As you can see, updates are still made available for windows 10 10240.
If updates are for November update then it is specifically mentioned update for windows 10 Version 1511
And I expect updates would continue in future too.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38530-10240-still-supported.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I currently have a version of Windows 10-bit version 64 10 240 ... in what way through a USB can upgrade to Windows 10 1511 Build 10586 ???
I ask this because I did the upgrade from windows update but unfortunately at logon not enter in windows
Thank you
Hispa

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39525-update-10240-10586-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Dear all this error has been confirmed on out of systems We take an activated win pro and upgrade it to using the ISO offline but cannot activate it Error the activation servers are unreachable If we use instead we can activate it and then upgrade with the same version and it stays activated again systems Pretty much a bug it seems Microsoft support was not helpful they said since these are non-enterprise licenses their support is quot best-effort quot which I can understand and 1511 to to activate, while is is 10240 able Upgrading 8.1 from not then they did absolutely nothing with the logfiles I sent them which I don't understand So I investigated myself and in error state wireshark shows Upgrading from 8.1 to 1511 is not able to activate, while 10240 is the servers are not even tried no network traffic going out I wonder why there's no big uproar around since upgrading offline is not too unusual since it can be done scripted and many companies will use it Can anyone confirm that Version here is retail but it is the same with OEM The ISO was created using the current media creation tool

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34263-upgrading-8-1-1511-not-able-activate-while-10240-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Team,
I am using windows 10 Enterprise edition with product id 00329-00000-00003-AA066.
My current Edge browser version is 20.10240 and I want to update it to 28.14257.
Can you please help me How to do that?

Thanks,
Raja Dey

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/acf118d7-1ac2-4012-883f-4642de3ce92f/want-to-update-edge-browser-version-2010240-to-2814257?forum=ieitpropriorver
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm not making any headway on answers Microsoft com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as to Photos (10240). replace app Unable Photo with default Viewer as the default image viewer in build From all outward appearances it seems Windows Photo Viewer is unavailable The saga is Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240). explained in detailed words and colorful pictures here http answers microsoft com en-us i - ece ddfb If that's too tl dr for you here are the bullet points Windows Photo Viewer is never listed as an option when using quot Open with quot quot Open with quot lets you browse the disk and manually select the desired program I navigated to quot Program Files Windows Photo Viewer quot but it contains no program there other than quot Imaging Devices quot wrong Choosing quot PhotoViewer dll quot produces an error message In Control Panel's quot Default Program Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240). quot Windows Photo Viewer is shown to be associated with TIF files and nothing else Attempts to set JPG to use Windows Photo Viewer fail because again its program folder only contains quot Imaging Devices quot and the dll In an attempt to fix this problem I used the quot nuclear option quot and Reset the PC After Windows TH reinstalled itself I still couldn't select Windows Photo Viewer to be the default image viewer Suggestions to fix this

A:Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

use faststone imageviewer, it is way better than anything microsoft offers

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8550-unable-replace-photos-app-photo-viewer-default-10240-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I had Windows build running Win 10 from v10586 10240 to system fails GRUB-based on Upgrade on my older computer but the upgrade to build failed This is an older system - non-UEFI - with a MBR boot volume The boot volume has partitions Windows Pro NTFS Data NTFS Linux ext and Linux swap Upgrade to Win 10 v10586 from 10240 on GRUB-based system fails There are none of the extra 'normal' special partitions like the small EFI and MSR one usually finds on more modern systems The system boots from grub to either windows or Linux This has worked on Windows and the upgrade to Windows build But when I install the newest Windows build the new version of Windows destroys the grub loader and I get an MBR load error The volumes seem to be OK but the boot info gets trashed I've restored back to Windows and tried on a different hard disk and I got the same results I tried restoring the MBR and also tried using 'bootrec fixmbr' but nothing seems to work I am restoring a third time back to Windows build and I will try something else Perhap I should try to remove grub before Upgrade to Win 10 v10586 from 10240 on GRUB-based system fails the next upgrade attempt Has anyone else encountered this issue and have any ideas

A:Upgrade to Win 10 v10586 from 10240 on GRUB-based system fails

See this Multiple OS Installation - and also this MultiOSBoot - Community Help Wiki

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36553-upgrade-win-10-v10586-10240-grub-based-system-fails.html
Relevancy 43%

hey guys im not sure if this is actually a problem with vista or my pc so if im wrong feel free to move this thread so im having lately problems with my pc vista i donu i leave my pc alone for a few minutes and when i get back its Frozen i see whatever was on the screen the moment it gut stuck and i cant move the mouse and the LED at the Front of the PC the one thats on when the computer is quot thinking quot is Switched ON and stays that Stuck, Stuck windows Gets 7 install and Vista on way this started happening a few weeks ago i dont think i installed anything new that might have caused this and one other thing im almost sure its related i tried installing the beta version of windows and in middle of installation it gets stuck the same way i described before i tried different versions of the Windows and a few times each and it gets stuck every time and each time in different progress of the installation please help me thanks MeydanB

A:Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

I'd suggest starting with running a memory test ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial146.html ); then following that with a bootable hard drive diagnostic:

Here's a description from my blog:

Code:
What you'll need:
- a blank CD
- a computer with an internet connection where you can download a file, install a small program, and burn a CD (doesn't have to be the computer that you'll be testing).

1. Determine the make and model of your hard drive

- In Windows XP - Go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there)

- In Windows VISTA - Go to Start...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there

- From outside of Windows: Unplug the system from the wall, remove the battery (if it's a laptop) and crack the case open. Look inside to locate the hard drive and write down the make and model number (although the model number isn't required for the test, it will help you to identify what sort of drive to replace if the test says that the drive is bad).

If you're unable to see the hard drive info, follow the steps below for the Hitachi DFT. At the screen where it asks you if the list is correct, the model number of your drive will be there. Use Google to search for the model and that will let you know the manufacturer.

NOTE: It's strongly recommended that you use the test from the manufacturer of your hard drive. Most manufacturers build in tests that are only for their drives (in addition to the standard S.M.A.R.T. tests) - so using their test will give more accurate results.

2. Locate the support website of the hard drive manufacturer from the following list and download the appropriate file to your computer. FWIW - the first link for each drive usually contains more information/instructions about running the test.

Hitachi - http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT Download this image for CD's: http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v415_b01.iso

Western Digital - http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=6&lang=en Download the Diag504fCD.iso file on this page: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=601&sid=30&lang=en

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools Download the Seatools for DOS ISO CD-ROM Image from this link: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/seatooldreg (English version here: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOS213bEURO.ISO )

Maxtor - Seagate SeaTools has replaced the Maxtor diagnostics. Use the Seagate SeaTools links above.

Toshiba - I'm unable to locate any tools for Toshiba. I'd suggest the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Fujitsu - http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/storage/hdd/support/utilities.html Download the DOS Diagnostic Tool Ver. 7.0 (For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives from this link: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/utilities/fjdt_700.zip You'll have to copy the file to a DOS boot CD and manually execute the FJDT.exe file once you've booted to DOS. If this is too difficult, use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Samsung - http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html Download the Hutil 210 ISO (for CD-ROM drive).zip from here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/Hutil210_iso_for_CDROM_drive.zip You must unzip the file before you can burn (NOT copy) the ISO image to a CD.

IBM - IBM has merged with Hitachi. Use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) listed above.

3. If you do not have a disk burning program that's capable of burning ISO images to your CD drive, I suggest this free tool: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm Select the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-gets-stuck-and-stuck-on-windows-7-install-371589.html
Relevancy 42.57%

hi guys,
im on build 14926 on fast ring on the SP3, I know there is a new build to download but my pc doesn't download it even though it says "downloading"
UPDATE: I fixed it somehow

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441159-fast-ring-build-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have repeatedly encountered Win10 Envy 860-1... to 10240 14393 Win10 Failed Upgrade From on a failures in trying to upgrade Win from version to the current version I used Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... the Windows Upgrade exe program - failed I used the MediaCreationTool to download the iso and create a bootable DVD for upgrade - failed Created virtual drive for the iso to upgrade - failed The normal Windows Update function appears to work properly - I get windows and other updates on the usual time basis The relevant files for diagnosing what went wrong seem to be A The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact logB The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setuperr logC There are also small files with these same names in the WINDOWS WS Sources Panther folder i e another setupact log and setuperr log Here is the file WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact log - - Info SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Setup log starts - - Info SP Host system information VM NOFirmware type UEFIManufacturer HPModel - stBIOS name A BIOS version A BIOS release date Total memory Number of physical CPUs Number of logical CPUs Processor manufacturer GenuineIntelProcessor name Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHzProcessor caption Intel Family Model Stepping Processor architecture x Processor Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... clock - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Basic - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources reagent admx - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Basic incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Servicing x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Servicing - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources compatprovider dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Servicing incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint ICB x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint ICB - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint ICB incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Migration x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Migration - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Migration incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info Initializing diagnostics helper data file NULL - - Info No existing diagnostics data - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Warning SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Failed to initialize tracing - - Info There is already a running setup user mode etw session - - Info VDS available - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Info SP Attempting to resurrect a new system from C Windows BT Sources - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL tring enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBC... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-From-Win10-10240-to-Win10-14393-Failed-on-Envy-860/td-p/5749396
Relevancy 36.55%

I have a Lenovo Y410P, I want to downgrade from Windows 8 and I whipped my hard drive. I also set all of the correct setting such as:Converting HDD from GBT to MBR
Deleting Volumes
Formatting HDD
Setting Legacy Boot
Changing Boot Priorites
Removing Secure Boot
Making OS setting for other OS
I have looked up my issue and followed various guides

Link to my laptop: Amazon.com : Lenovo IdeaPad Y410p 59399853 Laptop Computer (2.40GHz 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ processor, 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM, 1TB 5400 RPM 24GB SSD, Windows 8.1 64-bit) : Computers & Accessories

Link to guides I have followed:https://social.technet.microsoft.com...g-installation
Windows 7 stalls at

I am using a disc of Windows 7 x64 Bit.

Anything else I should add let me know? This is my first post.

A:Windows 8 Downgrade to Windows 7 Lenovo Y410p. Windows install stuck.

What does "whipped hard drive" mean ?

Why are you following guides about an installation error - have you had that happen?

Not sure what the question is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/357873-windows-8-downgrade-windows-7-lenovo-y410p-windows-install-stuck.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 to Build 7601?

An Icon Pack was saying install on to 7600 only and after I checked my regedit, I learned that I have 7601 (Probably SP1, I don't know).

Would I have any problems if I install the icon pack?

Thanks.

A:Can I install Icon Packs designed for Build 7600 on to Build 7601?

You can normally install icons anywhere you like, on any machine or system which uses them, they are merely small graphics of various types. Unless the "Icon-pack" is using software to install something else, ( in which case be careful what it does), you can install it anywhere.

Some "Icon-packs" make extensive changes to system files, are dependent on the system to which they are installed, and best avoided.

Regards....Mike Connor

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/155091-can-i-install-icon-packs-designed-build-7600-build-7601-a.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

So recently after the November build release I woke the next morning to find that my computer underwent a rather major update After which it seemed my home network was thrown out of newest build. to previous back rolling after find build Cant wack I immediately rolled reverted recovered to previous build But now everything is out of wack Most of the time I have to restart my computer just so it'll communicate with my printer to start printing And restarting the computer is twice as long if it restarts at all Most of the time It gets stuck in the quot restart quot progress animates the rotating circles and I have to press the restart button on the computer tower with great regret and dread Transferring files from one windows device to another is a hit or miss I'm pissed I'm not literate when it comes to networking and was super happy how everything was But now not only is my wifi home network out of wack but my computer itself is wonky I figure I might as well reinstall the newest build in hopes that it'll at least fix a fe of the problems But anytime I check for updates the newest build no longer shows up Can someone please help

A:Cant find newest build after rolling back to previous build.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Mount the ISO file, run setup.exe from the fake DVD drive created by mounting the ISO file.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39036-cant-find-newest-build-after-rolling-back-previous-build.html
Relevancy 36.55%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello Guys probably another victim here's the diagnostic report Could you please help restore Windows Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Another 7 of Windows copy is This Windows 7 windows 7601 - " build no Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - Windows 7 - Another Windows 7 build 7601 " This copy of windows is no -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Windows 7 - Another Windows 7 build 7601 " This copy of windows is no Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID E-B D- -B -D DBD B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x baidu BaiduBrowser BaiduBrowser exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E-B D- -B -D DBD B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron N lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Malay Peninsula Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt WN lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Error product key not found Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline xC C A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current LgAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAABAAAAAwABAAEA GFwt CzqFXMLfxc J Dsq mdplcXQ OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes Windows marker version x OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent yes BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC DELL WN FACP DELL WN HPET DELL WN MCFG DELL WN SSDT AMICPU PROC SLIC DELL WN OSFR DELL M Many Thanks Asjad

A:Windows 7 - Another Windows 7 build 7601 " This copy of windows is no

Licensing Data-->
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514
Error: product key not found.

Please run the following commands in an Elevated Command Prompt window, and post the results

DIR C:\Windows\System32 /AR /S
DIR C:\Windows\System32\7b*.* /ah
ICACLS C:\Windows\System32\7b*.*

Here are some instructions to make life easier
1) To open an Elevated Command Prompt Window (the CP window), click on Start, All Programs, Accessories – then right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as Administrator. Accept the UAC prompt.
2) To run the commands easier, highlight the block of commands, and right-click on the highlight – select Copy. In the CP Window, click on the black/white icon at top left – select Paste. The commands will run but may not complete the last command, so hit the Enter Key once.
3) To copy the results... click on the Black/White icon in the top left, and select Edit... 'Select All', and hit the Enter key - then use Ctrl+V or r-click+Paste to paste it into your response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/261538-windows-7-another-windows-7-build-7601-copy-windows-no.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am living in India and slow download speed and I want to install Insider preview on my 2 desktop and 2 laptop

so I need direct link to download Windows Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14376

can anyone here give me link to download it directly on MS website or on 3rd party website
I already have genuine MS 10 PRO licenses no piracy brothers

thanks in advanced

A:direct link to download Windows Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14376

You can save the bandwidth and let only one of your computers to download the upgrade through Windows Update, then make your own ISO and upgrade the other computers with it.

ISO making instructions: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54781-direct-link-download-windows-windows-10-insider-preview-build-14376-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I've been stuck on build 11102.rs1_release.160113-1800.
Going to Settings. Update & Security, Check for updates says "your device is up to date".
Checked for updates at least 10 times and always get the same response "Your device is up to date".

I don't want to download an ISO and clean install - I'd like to get the insider updates through
the standard update process.

Any suggestion or solutions?

Thanks

A:build 11102 will not download latest build 14271

Try this - worked for me in a similar situation.

I deleted all folders in the software distribution folder, selected to leave Insider Program from updates menu, rebooted, rejoined Program and then it found the updates. Try just deleting folders first and checking for updates. That works for some but did not for me (it was the leaving and rejoining that seemed to do the trick).

If you try rejoining and leaving, make an image backup of 11102 first, just in case leaving and rejoining should cause it not to activate (especially if you never started from a valid 7/8 licence). Good idea to make the backup anyway in case the upgrade fails (you would then have to go back to 10586 and start afresh)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/41994-build-11102-will-not-download-latest-build-14271-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My current system specs are below is getting a bit dated and frankly I m just itching to build a new computer Since the days of pentium hyperthreading socket and AGP video cards are long gone I m looking for some advice and or guides on where to look for ideas I like to play games although I wouldn t consider myself a gaming geek in that I need the latest card and processor But I do like quality I guess what I m looking for is a decent mid range system that ll make look FSX and Vista look good without breaking my bank I new Want any you'd guides recommend? good system, to build 'build' a m partial to Intel ASUS and ATI but I d really be willing to try anything as I know the market changes like the winds I m not real keen on the latest in technology for instance all I know a RAID to be is something we d Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? do in the middle of the night to the sorority houses looking for panties Any Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend? ideas or general directions you can point me in would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Want to build a new system, any good 'build' guides you'd recommend?

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-build-a-new-system-any-good-build-guides-youd-recommend.70046/
Relevancy 36.12%

If I get an .iso of Windows 10 RTM (14393) , I can install over the Preview Build (14931) I'm using without losing my personal files, Win32 programs and applications?

A:Install RTM Build (14393) over Preview Build (14931)

Yes. Mount the ISO file as virtual DVD by double clicking it and launch the Setup.exe to start upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/65102-install-rtm-build-14393-over-preview-build-14931-a.html
Relevancy 36.12%

windows build this copy of windows is not copy error this windows code windows of not genuine, 7601, 7 build is genuine error code x I have this error and tried to add product key and manually activate windows bought the software from microcenter about a year ago when i built this computer I have not had this problem before Yesterday Yesterday i purchased office through the windows 7 build 7601, this copy of windows is not genuine, error code hup program and since I have had the error above I ran the diagnostics would windows 7 build 7601, this copy of windows is not genuine, error code appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -JVYHK- XG- WQBJ Windows Product Key Hash ojuIDwl u O fFxDHlkKk B Ig Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID AF D B- CC- - E-B B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser N A hr x Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AF D B- CC- - E-B B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - WQBJ lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Z X-UD H-B lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Award Software International Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt D FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt C Windows system slmgr vbs Microsoft VBScript runtime error Permission denied Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline x HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash Current NAAAAAEAAwABAAMAAAACAAAAAQABAAEAHKLMIsIWwoaILJRl HvOcORlDp QtFDU i ucw OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC GBT GBTUACPI FACP GBT GBTUACPI HPET GBT GBTUACPI MCFG GBT GBTUACP... Read more

A:windows 7 build 7601, this copy of windows is not genuine, error code

Code:
C:\Windows\system32\slmgr.vbs(1333, 5) Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Permission denied
1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type smlgr.vbs and hit enter.

Report the output from the command window once it finishes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/306089-windows-7-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine-error-code.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Dear all

I've just rebuilt a machine using an SSD drive and did a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Four updates are continually failing, and the update failures seem to cause windows to hang.
The KBs and error codes are:

kb2979570 - 80073712
kb2991963 - 80073712
kb3001554 - 80073712
kb3014406 - 80073712

sfc /scannow found no errors.

Here is the CBS log folder. Note that I've deleted all but the most recent cab as the compressed folder was over 45MB otherwise.

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can give.

A:Windows Update failures code 80073712 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 new build

CheckSUR show the following errors - I'll post a fix protocol later.

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-directshow-dvdsupport_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18611_none_56267efd321d772a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-directshow-dvdsupport_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18611_none_b2451a80ea7ae860.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.deployment.resources_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22794_en-us_ba28e63924b5c141.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-dfdll_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22794_none_fe39bfb4165583e2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-dfdll_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22794_none_45e6f68b2ad1ace8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..s-ime-japanese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22764_none_cde4db2fbd8dac97.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..s-ime-japanese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18556_none_cd680cfea4662663.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..andlinepropertytool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18556_none_6939fe739798a6f2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-d..andlinepropertytool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18556_none_0d1b62efdf3b35bc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.deployment_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18586_none_771abc1253f3a275.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-tdi-over-tcpip_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22865_none_48b848380bfa8bbd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..japanese-propertyui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18556_none_f0bdd06280ea0057.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-d..japanese-propertyui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18556_none_949f34dec88c8f21.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.deployment_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22794_none_1d91c5f60734bace.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.deployment_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18586_none_345e3effed8e7462.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-d..s-ime-japanese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22764_none_d8398581f1ee6e92.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_netfx-dfdll_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18586_none_5cb36f95112b667c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-dfdll_dll_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18586_none_150638bdfcaf3d76.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-directshow-dvdsupport_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22819_none_b2d6bb8203915009.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-directshow-dvdsupport_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22819_none_56b81ffe4b33ded3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-d..s-ime-japanese-core_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18556_none_d7bcb750d8c6e85e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..andlinepropertytool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22764_none_69b6cca4b0c02d26.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-d..andlinepropertytool_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22764_none_0d983120f862bbf0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\msil_system.deployment.resources_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.18586_en-us_d0f55f430b0f7ad5.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-tdi-over-tcpip_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18658_none_483c7a50f2d21ee0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_netfx-system.deployment_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_6.1.7601.22794_none_604e43086d99e8e1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-d..japanese-propertyui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22764_none_f13a9e939a11868b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-d..japanese-propertyui_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22764_none_951c030fe1b41555.manifest

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360672-windows-update-failures-code-80073712-windows-7-ultimate-x64-new-build.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I'm working on helping my cousin out with his laptop that has Windows Home Premium bit He got the laptop from a Home copy 7601 7 Build not of is Premium genuine This windows Windows friend and wanted to do a clean install of Windows so he used my copy of Windows He had the same OS before wiping the hard drive and installing a new copy It's been fine for about a month after installing it Now it's saying quot Build This copy of windows is not genuine quot on the bottom right corner on the screen with a black background Here is the MGADiag report Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -BJJ C- GD -TFK X Windows Product Key Hash gpeaD kkgbOLAFUtOOEYIhTOzcc Windows Product ID -OEM- Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID E DE- F- E - EBF- FE Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -d E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system systemcpl dll Hr x b File Mismatch C Windows system user dll Hr x b Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt E DE- F- E - EBF- FE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -TFK X lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gateway lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt NV A lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Gateway lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - F- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Home and Student lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt B A CA F C lt Val gt lt Hash gt G GiYMEebDTl CeAALpNYchuA I lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Res... Read more

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7601 This copy of windows is not genuine

He needs to change the Product Key to the one on HIS COA sticker on the machine's case.
The Key currently in use is System Builder one, rather than an OEM_COA one - which means that it's probably yours.

You then need to uninstall and reinstall the WAT update -

Close all open windows.
Open an Elevated Command Prompt window, and type the following command

wusa /uninstall /kb:971033

and hit the Enter key
Accept the warnings/confirmations, and wait for it to complete

copy and paste the output (if any) from the command prompt window to a reply here,
Reboot

reinstall the update from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971033
Reboot

run another MGADiag report, and post it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/264836-windows-7-home-premium-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Windows participants build...Windo Windows RTM to 10: upgrade Program Windows can the Insider Windows Insider Program participants can upgrade to the RTM build next year Quote Offering the latest build of Windows Microsoft's upcoming operating system that is set to launch in via a special Windows Insider Program to eager beta testers is a new move on Microsoft's part in the hopes of obtaining as much feedback as possible With a simple click of a button you can check for a newer build and download install it for evaluation purposes This allows you to be on top of the developmental process and give testers the chance to tinker with the latest improvements and features Microsoft has already outlined a roadmap for Windows 's release which is set to happen sometime between late summer or early fall of next year But one question has come up regarding these preview builds Will Microsoft allow testers the ability to upgrade a preview build to the RTM final version of Windows once it becomes available The answer is yes Windows Windows Insider Program participants can upgrade Windows 10: Windows Insider Program participants can upgrade to the RTM build...Windo to the RTM build next year

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-windows-insider-program-participants-can-upgrade-to-the-rtm-build-windo-928298.html
Relevancy 36.12%

i am using lumia 640 xl dual sim model. my phone running windows phone 8.1 so
which os is best on lumia 640 xl . windows 10 mobile battery life can improve on lumia 640 xl

A:windows 10 mobile build 10586.494 vs windows phone 8.1 which is faster on my lumia 640 xl ?

I also have a 640 xl and in performance 8.1 beats 10 but in features, 10 had an upper hand. My 640 xl is rocking on windows 10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434018-windows-10-mobile-build-10586-494-vs-windows-phone-8-1-faster-my-lumia-640-xl.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Newbie here I managed to read a few threads and apply the excellent directions in an attempt to solve the quot Windows is not genuine quot issue Windows copy Premium 7 Build 7600 not Windows This Genuine Home of is on a Toshiba Satellite C laptop computer I have successfully used SLMGR to instal the product key which was confirmed by Windows Script Host dialogue box I Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not Genuine still have the dreaded quot Windows not genuine quot message in the lower right corner of the display I have run the Diagnostic tool and pasted the results below I hope i have complied with posting requirements Thanks Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code x FE Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - -HWYW - D Q- P FD Windows Product Key Hash yHNVz gKHrscMEqWqTBICH aHX Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID -B - D -A - A F D BD F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error T - Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLORE exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt -B - D -A - A F D BD F lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - P FD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Satellite C lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt B FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt C lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt W Australia Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt TOSCPL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TOSCPL lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content U BMRwEAAAAAAQAACAAAADc AAAAAAAAYWECAAAAAADypwLGwyjPAWbXGpOihAOpMHzDmWxsjuox VzmMSscf fJIpWAptp rIKC PE gDb V qFDKBwZDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WN aAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy Ou rH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAx dZsx s sxaQSZh DCEuBH fN Cybv XOINRicCK TK AvEm C eeFG XOSFLwDozkNYn bLc sfsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAwzkNYn bLc s fsN jWgMM DWJ vWy OurH DdY oDDOQ ifb stzrqx w WNaAw... Read more

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not Genuine

You've had a Trusted Store Tamper - often the result of malware (or conflicting AV's)

What Anti-Virus programs have ever been installed?

Please download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free version) from http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/ - UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM PRO' at the end of the installation - and update it, then run a full scan in your main account, and Quick scans in any other user accounts.

Delete everything it finds

post back with a new MGADiag report, and we'll see if anything has changed

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/327221-windows-7-home-premium-build-7600-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Currently getting the error xC F - Windows Build This copy of Windows is not genuine A couple of months ago I upgraded to a SSD and cloned the previous HDD using Acronis I didn't have any activation issues at that time although I can't remember if I did activate st time I have done this I Build 7601 error Windows is 0xC004F057 not genuine - Windows 7 followed this by upgrading to Windows The upgrade worked but the system was error 0xC004F057 - Windows 7 Build 7601 Windows is not genuine slow so I reverted back to Windows Everything was fine until a couple of days ago I have since tried typing in the product key from the sticker but it says it is not a valid The other thing I note is that the sticker is saying I error 0xC004F057 - Windows 7 Build 7601 Windows is not genuine have Windows Home Premium but the report below is saying I have Windows Professional Appreciate any guidance to fix Cheers Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - W -H G- P GT Windows Product Key Hash yr OHoeXhbT dc MxGYjdAStSPY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID D CE F- - EF -AFCC- C EAE E Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt D CE F- - EF -AFCC- C EAE E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - P GT lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID e f -a fa- b - fd-f e da Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go micr... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381029-error-0xc004f057-windows-7-build-7601-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have owned my laptop for and a half years now and all of a sudden I'm getting this error I brought the laptop in to the shop weeks ago after it started smoking from the power input plug area and it works fine up not Windows genuine Windows Build this is error: of copy 7 7601, until today's error The scenario was kind of weird My battery was plugged in and the blue light on the Windows 7 error: Build 7601, this copy of Windows is not genuine battery was on but my laptop was indicating that it wasn't plugged in I shut down and tried the plug again The battery light lit up on the front of the laptop so I powered back on Upon loading up I get the Windows Build This copy of Windows is not genuine error Not sure if these events are related I updated all my windows updates and restarted Then I am now getting a prompt for an invalid activation key I ran a windows activation validation and it says quot Windows has not yet been activated with a genuine product key Not to worry we can help with that quot And then lists a bunch of prices for windows Windows 7 error: Build 7601, this copy of Windows is not genuine Laptop Asus K S I'm not very good with computers I had a sticker on my laptop that was peeling off so I removed it and apparently my activation key along with it not realizing I might need it again I have the box it came in but I don't see an activation key on that Help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:Windows 7 error: Build 7601, this copy of Windows is not genuine

Oh geez... I called up Asus and the guy informed me that my key was on the back of the laptop. Putting that in fixed my issues, hahaha.

FAIL

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276814-windows-7-error-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I downloaded the Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 Debug/Checked Build from the MSDNAA, and I want to go to the regular version of Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1. Would I be able to download the normal Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 from, say, Digital River, and use the same key that I got with the Debug/Checked Build?

Thanks in advance

A:Will Windows 7 Debug/Checked Build key work with normal Windows 7

Hi,

What key type & subscription do you have?

Product Keys and Activation -- MSDN Subscriptions

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/256646-will-windows-7-debug-checked-build-key-work-normal-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,
Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine

I have a Lenovo desktop that I installed Windows 7 Ultimate on last fall. I obtained my legal copy of Windows 7 from Tiger Direct as a promotion that was giving away copies of Windows 7. I still have the envelope and installation cd, the installation cd looks just like another copy of Windows 7 I got from Microsoft. I have been installing updates since the installation last fall. The message appears in the lower right hand side of my desktop screen.

According to a thread that I read a couple weeks ago, I checked my Updates and found that I have two Windows Updates that do not have Publishers. The updates are kb958488 and update kb 971033.

Any ideas on how I can correct this?
Thanks,
Peter

A:Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine

You can call the toll-free number Microsoft provides when activating Windows online fails. You basically talk to a computer for about 4 minutes, but once it's done, your copy of Windows should be re-activated and as such be validated as genuine since you said you got it from Tiger Direct. Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/117239-windows-7-ultimate-build-7600-copy-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hey guys I was checking for new updates and this turns up...

anyone got the same thing?

A:Windows 7 Build 7264 Windows Live Essensials update?

Yeah I spotted that on a 7100 install yesterday

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/16735-windows-7-build-7264-windows-live-essensials-update.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi After installing recent updates got quot This copy of Windows is not a genuine quot error Have been running this version for over two years in Samsung laptop - of 7601 build Windows genuine, CODE:50 7 not is copy Windows This Any ideas Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code xc c a Windows Product Key - -KHGCQ- DDY -TF CD Windows Product Key Hash YTcSHmTpekJgEHsEqFbudB IfdE Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID A C A- C C- D- A-D B A EE Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Windows 7 build 7601 - This copy of Windows is not genuine, CODE:50 Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt A C A- C C- D- A-D B A EE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -TF CD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt N N N lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt JI M JIP lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt FLE Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt SECCSD lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt LH STAR lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID cfd - a - af -af -ff d b b c Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key TF CD License Status Notification Notification Reason xC F non-genuine Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time Windows Activation Technologies-- gt H... Read more

A:Windows 7 build 7601 - This copy of Windows is not genuine, CODE:50

Please install teh WAT update - KB971033 and post a new MGADiag report.
The Key is showing as being blocked - but it is reporting the wrong error code for this type of Key.

install the update from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971033
Reboot

run another MGADiag report, and post it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/257952-windows-7-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine-code-50-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, but I have a few questions about setting up the bios and installing windows.

This is the computer that I am building for video production:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Corsair Core i7 XMS3 12GB
5 Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
NVIDIA FX 1800

Now I want to use 1 of the Hard drives as my boot drive. And I want to set the other 4 hd's to raid 0.

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you,

kyle

A:Windows 7 Ult 64 Custom build: bios and windows install questions

Quote: Originally Posted by brotherkyle

Hey everyone,

I'm sorry if I post this in the wrong forum, but I have a few questions about setting up the bios and installing windows.

This is the computer that I am building for video production:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Corsair Core i7 XMS3 12GB
5 Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM
Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
NVIDIA FX 1800

Now I want to use 1 of the Hard drives as my boot drive. And I want to set the other 4 hd's to raid 0.

How do I go about doing this?

Thank you,

kyle

Well, there are several ways to do this, although initially, you should just consider building up your system with the 1 disk first,getting it stable and functional before we worry about throwing the other 4 HDs into the system and RAID 0 them in.

I would also take into consideration the following with regards to the RAID you have in mind... Given you are planning on doing video production and having 4 disks in a RAID 0 configuration, is your case designed to have a removable Hard drive cages.

If not, I would recommend getting it because of the simple fact that if and when one of those drives fail for your RAID 0 array, the time it takes to pull the machine out, open it up, discover the bad disk in the group, replace it, close it up and rebuild the array to be functional again will be about 10 times longer than having a case where you have a 4 disk removable drive bay array in front where you can pull the obviously bad disk from the drive array, replace it within the cage, put it back in and rebuild the array. Less hassle of trying to figure out the drives and also less hassle pulling the system out to replace one bad drive from the array.

Now, assuming you have done this and setup the system drive, you can then tack on the 4 drives, assuming the board supports RAID and you properly identified those drives for the RAID array and built it, you should be able to get windows to see the RAID array. You should also make sure you have the Windows 7 Drivers for the motherboard ready, just in case if the system seems sluggish with regards to array system.

Another thing to consider - I believe Windows 7 has a native ability to do RAID 0, 1 and 5 if you want to have Windows handle the RAID. Again, make sure you do the Windows 7 setup first with just the one disk you want the OS, then mount the 4 drives and have the Disk Management setup the RAID array for those disks.

I am not so sure the BIOS will be 'better' than the Software RAID implementation of RAID 0, so you may have to do some testing and benchmarking first, the slow point being the building and formatting of the RAID array.

One Word of caution with Regards to RAID 0... Remember - If ONE of those disks fails, your data is fubared. If you want Redundancy, you will want RAID 1+0, which is Striping and Mirroring. This will allow you to lose up to 2 disks, provided the second disk isn't the mirror of the first disk that failed. The drawback is that you will have only half the effective throughput and half the disks you would have had in a RAID 0 Configuration.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/117993-windows-7-ult-64-custom-build-bios-windows-install-questions.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I bought this laptop a couple years ago Nothing has been changed modified All I really use it for is Minecraft and youtube tutorials Then the destop disappeared and the Windows suddenly wasn't genuine Hoping someone anyone can help here Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Build of This is Windows genuine not appeared?! 7601 Windows Copy 7 Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy of Windows is not genuine appeared?! Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -QCPVQ-KHRB -RMV Windows Product Key Hash Rj N NLM JqoBO OzgzTZXgbY Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID BA AC - - B - - E FE Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Microsoft Office Home and Student - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics F FE- - E FEE - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - B D AA B- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt BA AC - - B - - E FE lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -RMV lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Inspiron lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt AADD B FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - F- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Home and Student lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot B quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot A quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go mic... Read more

A:Windows 7 Build 7601 This Copy of Windows is not genuine appeared?!

The SLIC table appears to have gone missing - possibly because of a BIOS update?
You need to change the Product Key to the one on your COA sticker (probably inside the Battery compartment of your machine), and activate that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260818-windows-7-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine-appeared.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Sorry about posting my request elsewhere Here's my dilemma I had a desktop system where I virtually replaced all components except my Intel SSD I only have Win amp quot programs quot installed on this drive My old OS was Win bit Since I is Windows Windows 7, Genuine Build Issue: of not This copy 7601, got a nice bit motherboard CPU I purchased Win bit When I got my new system started I had all kinds of problems so many I can't remember all the details When I finally got the bit version of Windows to install it never did ask me to enter the Product Key It registered kept the product key from the bit version After several weeks of trouble-free operation I now have the quot black desktop quot with quot Windows Build This copy of Windows is not genuine quot Every-time I restart windows it want me to enter a new product key and quot I know quot that Issue: Windows 7, Build 7601, This copy of Windows is not Genuine I'm entering the correct characters The following quoted info seemed like a good place to start so I followed this information nbsp nbsp Issue: Windows 7, Build 7601, This copy of Windows is not Genuine Quote Originally Posted by NoelDP Please download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware free version - UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM PRO' at the end of the installation - from www malwarebytes org and update it then run a full scan in your main account and Quick scans in any other user accounts Delete everything it finds Please run a full CHKDSK and SFC scan Click on Start gt All Programs gt Accessories Right-click on the Command Prompt entry Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up At the Command prompt type CHKDSK C R and hit the Enter key You will be told that the drive is locked and the CHKDSK will run at he next boot - hit the Y key and then reboot The chkdsk will take a few hours depending on the size of the drive so be patient After the CHKDSK has run Windows should boot normally possibly after a second auto-reboot - then run the SFC SFC -System File Checker - Instructions Click on Start gt All Programs gt Accessories Right-click on the Command Prompt entry Select Run as Administrator and accept the UAC prompt - the Elevated Command Prompt window should pop up At the Command prompt type SFC SCANNOW and hit the Enter key Wait for the scan to finish - make a note of any error messages - and then reboot Post a new MGADiag report with details of any error messages encountered Here's the result of the SFC Checker C Windows system gt SFC SCANNOW Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Here's the MGADiag Report after performing the tasks stated above Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -VMPFJ-WXWVB- TBKJ Windows Product Key Hash Nu db nHrJ Hasa bHQD dog Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID C F- E - F - A B-B FF Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Edition - Genuine OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Wi... Read more

A:Issue: Windows 7, Build 7601, This copy of Windows is not Genuine

You say that you purchased Windows 7 - where from?
The installed License Type is COA_SLP, which is not available to the general public, and can only be sold pre-installed by a major manufacturer. If you did indeed purchase this retail, then it's a counterfeit.

Does the Product Key in the report agree with the one from your purchase?
If not, use the option to change the product Key to the proper one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300429-issue-windows-7-build-7601-copy-windows-not-genuine.html