Windows Support Forum

after software updation of my lumia 1320 in microsoft service center, everytime i open any site

Q: after software updation of my lumia 1320 in microsoft service center, everytime i open any site

hi !! about 2 months ago my lumia was having some glitches problem so i gave it to Microsoft service center. they updated my software but after updation everytime i use internet explorer to search anything and opens any site suddenly a RED page opens up named ""viral mobi store" and telling me the website i am trying to open is unsafe and continuation not recommended. If i choose to continue and open it some bad sites like trafficking and sites with *** (bad) advertisements opens up automatically.
This is happening even if i am opening a fully safe and secure govt sites !!! its happening in almost every site i open. i am able to open only youtube videos !! what is the problem !!! even my friend having same limia 1320 is having the same problem after software updation. HOW TO REMOVE IT !!!!! can someone help me !!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: after software updation of my lumia 1320 in microsoft service center, everytime i open any site

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: after software updation of my lumia 1320 in microsoft service center, everytime i open any site

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question hi !! about 2 months ago my lumia was having some glitches problem so i gave it to Microsoft service center. they updated my software but after updation everytime i use internet explorer to search anything and opens any site suddenly a RED page opens up named ""viral mobi store" and telling me the website i am trying to open is unsafe and continuation not recommended. If i choose to continue and open it some bad sites like trafficking and sites with *** (bad) advertisements opens up automatically.
This is happening even if i am opening a fully safe and secure govt sites !!! its happening in almost every site i open. i am able to open only youtube videos !! what is the problem !!! even my friend having same limia 1320 is having the same problem after software updation. HOW TO REMOVE IT !!!!! can someone help me !! go to your browser, clear all history and cookies - just do a clean wipe and then check
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434562-after-software-updation-my-lumia-1320-microsoft-service-center-everytime-i-open-any-site.html
Relevancy 19.35%

After months of build-up, AMD has finally unveiled its true next generation graphics card. The Radeon R9 Fury X broke cover at E3 last week and the review embargo lifted just days ago. While it's not the Titan killer some...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: AMD or Nvidia?

And it starts!
Started with amd 7970
Then went nvidia 770sli now 980ti.
I just really like the physx and 3d nvision

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-amd-or-nvidia.215859/
Relevancy 21.93%

Does anyone know of a way or download I can use to remove an existing service tag on a Dell system board? Working on a Dell Latitude E7250.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

A:Dell Service Tag removal on a Latitude E7250/7250 (Late 2014)

WHY? The tag is fundamental to getting parts for that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-service-tag-removal-on-a-latitude-e7250-7250-late-2014.215604/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys,

I have been trying to access a website for the last few days, and each time I do, I recieve this error message.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

The server at [...] can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chromefrom accessing the network.

I tried changing my browser, but the website still didn't open.
Then I switched devices to my mobile, and the browser wouldn't open.
I turned the wifi off my mobile, and the page DID load with mobile internet, so it has to be a problem with my home internet.
My friend has the same provider as us, but the page works perfectly for her.
I'm not the most technologically advanced, so I was wondering what the next step would be to fix this problem?

A:DNS lookup fail - specific site.

Three test techniques other than a lousy browser:

get a command prompt and enter PING 8.8.8.8
follow that with PING google.com
this tests your tcp routing and name resolution

then try
get a command prompt and enter NSLOOKUP whatever_domain_name
download http://www.gena01.com/win32whois/ and enter the whatever_domain_name there
and this tests if your ISP dns is worth $0.02.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-fail-specific-site.213593/
Relevancy 18.92%

Anyone that spends a considerable amount of time in front of a monitor can attest that finding the right mouse is a must. While there are plenty of boxes to tick when searching for a suitable pointer, for me, it...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What kind of mouse do you use?

Roccat Kone XTD (laser). It's the best mouse I've had so far. My Death Adder has been demoted to closet duty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-kind-of-mouse-do-you-use.212356/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 18.92%

With Broadwell and Skylake desktop CPUs expected to launch next quarter, the urge to upgrade my computer has never been stronger.

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What CPU powers your computer?

Got an i5-2500k in my gaming computer, and a C2Q Q8200 in my home server. Because of the small enclosures they are in I have not overclocked them, with the watercooled 2500k being in a Prodigy case stuffed to the gills, and the Q8200 is in a 2U rack case.

Not sure about the server, but I know with Star Citizen in the distant horizon, I'm very compelled to upgrade around the end of the year. This is driven less by my CPU and more by my graphics card (watercooled GTX 570) and memory, which I only have 8GB.

edit: oh yeah, and my XPS 12 has an i5-4210.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-cpu-powers-your-computer.208477/
Relevancy 18.49%

A factory AMD or Intel heatsink is something I simply won't consider when building a computer. I acquired my first aftermarket cooler 15 years ago to assist in overclocking an AMD Athlon 500 (it reached 800MHz with help from a...

Read more

A:Weekend Open Forum: What heatsink / water kit cools your computer?

Mine is water cooled. Except instead of liquid its solid. And instead of water its aluminum. And instead of a pump its got a fan. Its actually a laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weekend-open-forum-what-heatsink-water-kit-cools-your-computer.209240/
Relevancy 22.79%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 19.35%

My Asus DRW 24B1ST CD/DVD-Rom device works in Dos (bootCD works no problems), and is recognized by my WinXP Device Manager and listed as working properly. But when I try to run or view a disk from My Computer, all I get is a blank window. The window has the correct partition/drive identity, so I know it's pointing to the device, but it just won't interact with the disk.

The same device was working fine in a previous WinXP installation on the same computer, but when I installed another WinXP sp2 (I had lost access to the original installation) I had a few glitches and this is the remaining one that needs to be fixed.

BTW, I can bootup from a bootCD and run a miniXP and have no problem with the CD/DVD-ROM device, so the issue must be with the current WinXP installation.

Any suggestions for repairing this problem?

A:CD-ROM device won't open or run disk

Wow very interesting. Yo had mentioned it will boot to disc, have you tried while in safe mode. So if you restart computer and utilize the function f8 button go to safe mode with networking check to see if it works in there. If it does then I assume it is driver related issue. Of course in safe mode it loads minimum drivers to have a functioning safe environment. Even though windows recognizes it in device manager does not mean it has a working driver. I would even go as far as uninstalling the driver and reinstalling one from the manufactures website. You could first try uninstalling the driver then rebooting the computer then letting windows reinstalling the driver upon boot up to see if that fixes it first. Hope this helps let me know what you find.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-device-wont-open-or-run-disk.206972/
Relevancy 30.53%

My brother's laptop is a Packard Bell EasyNote TK87, Like mine, it runs w/ 7 32-bit.

More Detail of problem:
When I click the power button it has the logo and option 'Click F2 for startup menu' I don't click the key and it says 'loading...' and I'll just rebooting the laptop. How to resolve this problem

A:Everytime My Brother Starts His Laptop The Shortcut Key For The BIOS Menu Automatically is pressed.

Go here and make sure u don't have a key stuck. http://www.keyboardtester.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-my-brother-starts-his-laptop-the-shortcut-key-for-the-bios-menu-automatically-is-pressed.206924/
Relevancy 21.93%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and the motherboard died, It's out of warrenty so I bought a Motherboard on ebay. The Bios Service Tag does not match the number on the bottom so I would like to chage it to the correct one. How can I do this?

I read about a DST CD = Dell Service Technician CD that has this option but I can't find one.

It's not a real important thing but when I use the Dell System ID application it reads the Bios Service tag and not the real system tag that Is registered to me.

A:How to change the Service Tag in a Dell Latitude D630 BIOS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19258463/19430485.aspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-service-tag-in-a-dell-latitude-d630-bios.165117/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just to be and Nvidia AMD: Features vs. Software clear I want NO ARGUMENTS This is a reasonable discussion The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software and releases the two generally leapfrog each other with every release I want to discuss what in terms of software support features and game coding each has over the other Lets start with what almost everybody knows Nvidia release drivers every time there s an actual update not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do and while this probably results in better Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software updates it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed waiting for small fixes because a Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software big bug takes a long time to patch Nvidia have also developed the G-Sync for monitors which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread a can anyone shed light on how this performs I ll update this top post as others provide feedback AMD s Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases especially as AMD make more deals with game developers While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well Again can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games Cheers guys nbsp

A:Nvidia vs. AMD: Features and Software

ETF Soldier said:

Just to be clear, I want NO ARGUMENTS. This is a reasonable discussion.

The conflict between the two major GPU developers is as old as I remember, and while the obvious answer in which is better depends on how much you want to spend and various subtleties in manufacturing and releases, the two generally leapfrog each other with every release, I want to discuss what, in terms of software support, features and game coding, each has over the other.

Lets start with what almost everybody knows:

Nvidia release drivers every time there's an actual update, not the regular monthly update that AMD tend to do, and while this probably results in better updates, it can mean a long time between problems getting fixed (waiting for small fixes because a big bug takes a long time to patch).
Nvidia have also developed the V-sync for monitors, which I barely know anything about - kind of the point of this thread, a can anyone shed light on how this performs? (I'll update this top post as others provide feedback)
AMD's Mantle technology is becoming more and more widespread in new releases, especially as AMD make more deals with game developers. While my AMD GPU is too old to benefit from the Mantle updates, it is doing well in trying to convince me to get AMD as my next card as well. Again, can anyone provide feedback on how the newer AMD cards perform on the Mantle-enabled games?
Cheers guys.Click to expand...

Firstly I think both companies release drivers at pretty regular intervals at this point, every major game release at least entitles a beta driver minimum.

Your speaking about G-Sync I believe. It works very well for what it is which makes the monitor and GPU communicate together to change the refresh of the monitor live to match the output FPS in order to keep the game seeming as smooth as possible with no lag, frame tears, etc. Its an excellent piece of technology but you pay a 250+ dollar premium for a monitor with it minimum. Right now DisplayPort 1.2a added this to the VESA standard so now it can be done on monitors without the specific G-SYNC module however AMD is the only one to support this in the future when they start appearing but its still going to require some work from the monitor companies. G-Sync is awesome for high resolution and high refresh setups where stability is a bit harder to achieve.

BF4 with Mantle and surround going (Ill have my Asus UHD monitor today to try) is able to maintain easy 60 FPS ultra and thief is the same way. Those are the only two mantle games I have tried as I have not gotten around to getting one other game that supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-vs-amd-features-and-software.203796/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to help with a problem. I am connected to my internet network on my PC through an Ethernet cable, but cannot access the internet through a browser or anything else. This is the second time this week this has happened. I had a separate PC issue early this week which caused me to reinstall windows. I have had the issue with connecting to the internet occur twice now since reinstalling windows, both times after installing windows updates. I resolved the first occur acne by having my ISP come out. I do not know what they did to fix the problem, only that the router was not the source, and he changed something while logged into the modem settings. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Cannot open web page, connected to router

First get a command prompt and then issue these to commands
ping 8.8.8.8
nslookup www.google.com

both should give some answers, neither should timeout or show errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-web-page-connected-to-router.202181/
Relevancy 18.92%

We have a new Dell Precision laptop but cannot get two of our USB flash drives (both Lexar Jumpdrive SecureII Plus) to work. They work on our other computers. We can connect other USB devices to the new laptop, including an older flash drive. Strangely, if the problem drives are plugged in before the computer starts they will open properly - but I cannot remove them and plug them in again later.

They do beep every so often. USB Mass Storage shows up in Device Manager, with the warning exclamation. Disk Management will briefly show a disk (1 or 2) with "no media"; sometimes it will disappear then reappear for a second or so.

I have checked for USB driver updates, uninstalled and reinstalled USB hubs shown in Device Manager (though I'm plugging directly into the side of the laptop). I do not understand what would cause these drives only to not work with this computer only.

A:Some usbs drive fail to open on newest computer only

I forgot to mention: the laptop is running Windows 7 Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-usbs-drive-fail-to-open-on-newest-computer-only.199812/
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.

A:Temperature control software

andy06shake said:

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.Click to expand...

My recommendation is to use MSI afterburner for your temperature controlling needs and overclocking. It is non-biased and will work with any video card no matter the type, whether its amd of nvidia, and who made it.

Link here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temperature-control-software.199318/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am currently trying to open my laptop so I can clean the processor/graphic card due to over heating. Though I took off all the screws off and no part seems to open... I tried looking on youtube but the models are different. Can someone please help me out?

A:How to open an asus laptop - a75v model?

Similar Asus models might help you even though they are slightly different. You probably have missed a screw hidden in the hard drive or memory/wifi bays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-an-asus-laptop-a75v-model.198868/
Relevancy 22.79%

I use google drive as my primary online backup, can anyone suggest a second good online backup service which is both
SECURE and FREE?

that way if google loses my data it's still on a second server and my harddrive.
thanks

A:Any recommendations for secure online backup service?

None are secure and free. You can pay, but then your 'security' is still not 100% guarantee'd.

But, be assured, Dropbox/Google/Microsoft aren't going to lose your data ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-secure-online-backup-service.198239/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Everyone - I occasionally have to share a large file between one person and another for work I was using yousendit which worked site large closed Reliable Yousendit needed... file-sharing fine they have changed to be hightail and they have a blog - at their blog there are many comments circa oct about it now not working and being buggy So I don t want to go with that I am looking for current suggestions of a site for file sharing I am willing to pay a modest fee month like to know it will work well and Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed not junk up anyone s computer with any trashy downloader and is very simple to use - I cannot spend a lot of time teaching people with various levels of web savvy and computer savvy how to make an acct log in work some elaborate quot unique quot interface and so on I would prefer a service where an email goes to the recipient s email address they click on the link and from that easily select an option to download I am not sharing burned CDs or DVDs - I just need to share work-related audio recordings from the person recording to a transcriber When I look at reviews on the web it seems that services change a lot over time so I don t want to go for what had great reviews a year ago Please help with suggestions -Thanks nbsp

A:Reliable large file-sharing site needed... Yousendit closed

Look at shutterfly.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reliable-large-file-sharing-site-needed-yousendit-closed.197694/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

I have Windows XP SP3 installed on my desktop and suddenly my LAN/NIC is not receiving and sending packets from my network. The DHCP Client Services and TcpIP services wont start it gives error from the above.

From the device manager of non-plug and play drivers, the tcpip protocol driver, ip network address translator and netbios over tcpip has exclamation point. When I uninstall the drivers and start the services the connection is established but when I shutdown/restart the PC it will came back again the issue.

AFD is running

Below drivers are present in system32\drivers folder.

afd.sys
tcpip.sys
netbt.sys
Any ideas?

A:DHCP Client Service Won't Start - Error 1068

Hello,

I update the system and the LAN driver but still the issue exist.

I copy the netbt.sys from a working machine and paste that to the non-working machine. Same problem.

Is there other way resolving this issue aside from repairing or fresh install of the OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dhcp-client-service-wont-start-error-1068.197233/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi!

I remember when I first lost my Motorolas original CD, I couldn't find the software anywhere to be downloaded and no one that i knew had a motorola rzr mobile phone...

I found my old cd here a few days ago so I made an .iso file of it and uploaded it (as 13 .rar files, the file max size is 50Mb).

Here it is

Tel me if the link doesn't work or something.

http://cid-e198cc24bf261f09.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Motorola Razr?permissionsChanged=1&1

A:Motorola Razr v3 drivers and software

Yep that works for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-razr-v3-drivers-and-software.159146/
Relevancy 19.78%

Well my cpu usage goes up to anything CPU whenever 100% open I usage or run whenever I open anything explorer or fire fox or when I try to install a program that s my pc Processor Inter R Pentium R CPU GHz GHz Installed memory GB Display adapter Nvidia Geforce GS I 100% CPU usage whenever I open or run anything tried the next but didn t succeed 100% CPU usage whenever I open or run anything to solve the problem - performed an virus scan using kaspersky and Avira - performed spyware scan using spyware doctor - performed malware scan using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - reinstalled the OS several times tried windows seven ultimate and bit and windows xp sp bit - formatted my hard disk then installed a fresh copy of windows - checked the CPU temperature and made sure it s fine - tried removing one of my rams - tried working with the build-in VGA card instead of the nvidia one - tried restoring the BIOS default setting - even tried changing the processor itself but with an older one - and of course tried to see which progress sucks up the cpu usage and the result is that every program I open gets to of the cpu usage and yet I couldn t solve this problem wonder if any of u can help me thanks in advance nbsp

A:100% CPU usage whenever I open or run anything

Rick said:

In the Task Manager, if you were to click "Performance" and then enable "Show Kernel Times" under the "View" menu, what do you see? There should be a red line which indicates kernel times. If the line is abnormally high, then that's a good clue this could be driver related or hardware related.Click to expand...

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know if that's abnormal or not, but you can check that photo and see

sorry I couldn't post it as an image.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/100-cpu-usage-whenever-i-open-or-run-anything.163635/
Relevancy 19.78%

Good evening fellas The Problem This is an issue I have never run into before on numerous builds My computer wont reset from pressing the reset button or through software reset I was able Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) to get through windows installation by pressing the power button and powering back up This is when I noticed a second issue My computer wont boot to windows with the USB mouse and key board plugged Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) in Front panel or back panel its just a black screen It will post with the USB mouse and keyboard plugged in as I am able to press F to get into bios I tried rearranging the front panel connectors on the mobo running with only the power button hooked up running with the front pannel usb hooked up and looking around bios for any relevant settings cant find anything there related to boot Once in windows I test my hardware by playing about hours straight of AC and doing burn in tests with no errors I am at a loss The Background I recently bought Computer wont reset (Hard or Software) a replacement mobo and power supply to replace a pair that fried due to moisture I bought a new case because I fell out of favor with my old case that had a window pane and led lights and I upgraded my ram to gb x gb modules Essentially I only kept my TB HD DVD-RW Video Card and CPU I tested all of the hard ware I kept in a friends system he let me use for the purpose and those components all burned in well after about hours of benching and burn in testing with no errors The Hardware Mobo Asrock N C-GS http www asrock com mb NVIDIA N C-GS FX CPU Phenom X BE GPU Pallet GT Sonic Edition http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E RAM GB PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E PSU Raidmax Hybrid W Modular http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Computer wont reset (Hard or Software)

A strange problem indeed.

Triple check your wiring is correct using your motherboard manual. Be sure the motherboard is mounted correctly on the standoffs and no grounds are occurring.

Faulty buttons on the case itself?

Reset bios to optimal defaults, clear cmos.

After that I would return the mobo.

Sorry I cant be more specific, Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-reset-hard-or-software.196539/
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer battery was replaced by a family member and when I boot up my PC which took about 10 minutes instead of 30 seconds. I noticed that the 2 harddrives were displayed in the bios as raid drives. The 2 harddrives are SATA. However in Windows when I right click on My Computer and select Manage then Device Manager they appear as NTFS format.

I sure that this configuration has something to do with response.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to restore my raid drive back to 2 harddrives under NTFS without loosing my data. I would prefer a software tool or a step by step solution since I am not comfortable with manually making changes to computer settings.
Thank you for your advice in advance to this frustrating problem
Regards
Ntracs (Joe)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/converting-raid-harddrives-back-to-ntfs-with-software-tools.196141/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi I m trying to play warcraft with my friend and we just got a problem which can be solved through portforwading And so I did it But still my PFPortChecker keeps telling me the messege quot Your port is not open or not reachable quot So I don t know what I did wrong I have only one router I checked it with some program which can tell me if there is a router covering my router I ve opened the settings of my router got into Virtual Servers created new chosen ports in range - applied to all tcp and udp confirmed It looks like its working but its not I ve got my firewall turned off and even so I added rules there for those ports I even turned off my antivirus Still its not working - just saying that its not open or not reachable Any ideas I ll appreciate any help and sorry for my grammar I m not from english speaking country so there might be a lot of mistakes nbsp

A:"Your port is not open or not reachable."

Okay what are we working with here?

OS?
Router?
System Specs?
System OC?
System Tweaked to the Max?
System Ports Changed or on defaults? Meaning you haven't changed anything only on the Router.
Under Services.msc did you set the UPnP to auto/start/enable

In the Router make sure you have the system set to the Port you want open and IP address should be Reserved by mac address of the NIC.

Are we using any other layered firewall software?
Are you using a Proxy?
Are you using Private Browsing?

What firewall are you using on PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-port-is-not-open-or-not-reachable.195947/
Relevancy 19.35%

When I connect my external hard drive to my computer it is recognized and shows up and everything but for some reason it can't be opened. This problem started after my brother put some wii games in there and connected it to the Wii...

I clicked on properties and it reads 0 bytes so nothing is detected when I scan it for viruses. (finishes after 5 seconds)

Even though it shows 0 bytes it still has all the data cause after this, I connected it on my wii and it has the games and on blu ray and it shows every video and photo I put in there, it's just a problem with windows...

I don't want to format it because I have like 5000 photos from trips with my family and also some pretty important documents from my dad's work.

A:Maxell HDD shows up but won't open

I found the answer! The Boot sector was damaged and Windows before looking for the information on the hard drive it looks for this sector. So all I had to do was to get a Linux computer and it was able to open it, it would have also worked with a Mac. Didn't lose any file I had in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maxell-hdd-shows-up-but-wont-open.195674/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 19.78%

Alright, so I've had this devilish little netbook for like two years, and so far the OS and the charging port have been shot. Replacing the OS is easy, it's just I cannot, for the life of me, open the casing up. I've tried for like 1 year, taking out every single screw I see that's in the frame, but nooooo it still doesn't want to come off. I've jammed screwdrivers inside and tryed prying open which was probably a bad idea but I know I didn't break anything from doing that, just scuff marks on the outside. Gateway calls this son of a b**** the LT2016u netbook. I've tried looking for a disassembly guide but gave up like 6 months ago. If you help me, I will love you forever.

A:How to open up my netbook

After reading the title I couldn't help but think of a smart_ss comment for a reply. I will spare you the pathetic attempt at humor. I know you wouldn't be amused. lol

This video should answer your question, allot easier than any words I could type.
How To Replace The Screen In A Netbook Laptop - Gateway LT2016U

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-open-up-my-netbook.194098/
Relevancy 22.79%

I live in India. I have 12 computers in two workgroup (9 and 3), also I have two different broadband plans of 2mbps on both workgroup.

Now I want to join two networks which I can do with a switch (I think). the main issue is that if I joined the two workgroup in a single network how I can run internet on different workgroup separately. in other words I want different internet broadband lines to two workgroup and also want them in a single network.

I run a shop have 9 computers as a cyber and 3 computers for working on a government website. and I don't want that cyber system use bandwidth of those three computers and also want these 3 computers to be on network so that I can monitor them from 1 place.

Thanks....

A:Two diffrent Interet service on two workgroup in a network

The key to your issue is where the 9 systems vs the 3 get DHCP replies.
If the 3 systems go to one router, they will get a gateway address of that router AND each system will also get a DEFAULT route pointing to that gateway address.

Here's my IPCONFIG, showing the gateway

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : socal.rr.com
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

and the routing table that gets created with that connection; notice the line beginning with 0.0.0.0 - - that's the default.

Code:
IPv4 Route Table
===================================================================
Active Routes:
Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.5 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
127.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
192.168.0.5 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
192.168.0.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 127.0.0.1 306
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 On-link 192.168.0.5 276
You must make sure that the two routers have different addresses!!!

Then the 9 systems will have their own gateway and route tables.

Assuming the three systems have a router address of 192.168.3.1 and the 9 systems use 192.168.9.1 [the third digit is the number of systems just to make this discussion clear]

then your problem becomes to connect the two networks inside the routing tables of all systems.

MANUALLY, you add a route using
on the 9.system side
route ADD 192.168.3.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.9.x METRIC 1​on the 3.system side
route ADD 192.168.9.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.y METRIC 1​​That makes TCP see both sides but only resources specifically requested cross from one side to the other - - USING IP ADDRESSES. If you need print/file shares using names, you will need
to add them to the drivers\etc\hosts file everywhere and the shared systems need fixed addresses :sigh:

I am reluctant to lead you down this path UNLESS you are very experienced as this is considerable customization and will need to be well documented.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-diffrent-interet-service-on-two-workgroup-in-a-network.193922/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys
I have a 500G WD usb3 hard drive, I unmount it without safely remove, when I mounted it again can't open it and windwos need to be format it for useable, but I do some fix on it & now windows can search in files & find all data, I can see drive properties used/free space, anti virus can scan it with all data too.... but I cant open or explore it & don't open file/folders when I use windows search!!
Error :
N:\ is not accessible​Access is denied​ ​what I must do!!!?​

A:"WD hard" can't be open and explore

Which OS are you on for Windows XP, 7, 8? Also make sure there isn't any USB connections other than the mouse and keyboard. Also you might want to look for a program called USBDVIEW run that as the admin. What that does is searches your PC for multi-USB connections that are dead (disconnected) Those disconnections need to be removed off your PC. So you would select the red X to fix your issue.

Another way is to go into the System Device Manager then under USB Controllers and remove all of them. DO NOT DELETE driver. Then reboot the system. Windows will re-build the Controllers drivers.

If the WD 500GB passport gives you errors or you hear a clunk noise, then you need to place that drive into a ziplock freezer bag and stick a folded paper towel inside there (for moisture) Zip it up and place the drive into the freezer for 8 to 10 hrs. Take it out let it thaw then try using it again. Only do this if you have issues with the unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-cant-be-open-and-explore.193162/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 20.21%

See the description in full on the Cisco.com/security site

A:Multiple vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA software

I read about this yesterday. This is a big exploit and needs to be fixed. Too bad there are too many newbies that wont know how to update the firmware or arent even aware of this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-vulnerabilities-in-cisco-asa-software.191502/
Relevancy 19.78%

I want to buy a laptop to run professional recording software. The minimum requirement is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.67GHz. Can I use a quad core with less speed. What are my options?

Thanks

A:Help understanding minimum processor requirements for recording software

Is there a trial version of the software for you to test on your current system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-understanding-minimum-processor-requirements-for-recording-software.191471/
Relevancy 19.35%

We have a Seagate 9SEAN3-500E that connects to the computer but wont open when we click on the drive. We can see it connects but nothing opens. Also when we plug it in, the computer freezes. How can we fix this please?

A:Seagate external HDD does not open

Is it a new drive? Also if it is a older drive have you tried another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hdd-does-not-open.189298/
Relevancy 19.35%

My problem is I cant open the drive. But in My Computer window, it did display the drive but I cant do anything. Windows prompt me to format the disk which I already did but I got this popup "cannot open volume for direct access".

These are the solutions that I tried but failed:-

Use TestDisk but it doesnt even detect the drive.
Disk Management also didnt detect the drive.
Already used Command Prompt to repair the disk. It display this "Cannot open volume for direct access" which I run it as admin.

Here I provide a screenshot for reference.

A:Cannot open volume for direct access

Hmm; that's the primary partition with Windows on it - - can never format or partition the C:\ while booted from it

WHY are you attempting this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access.189735/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have been driving myself crazy with this issue My main computer out of quot quot cannot bring up the Home Group password to view or leave it nor change the password I have been researching this problem for about a month and know one seems to know how to go about fixing it I tried Microsoft Fix-it with no success and it keeps sending me back to the fix-it download page So I m bring this problem to you guys Now the Peer Networking Grouping controls the features in home group that allow you to see the other systems on your network and also depends on two other services to start the problem is is that I can t and windows can t seem to start them all at the same time or however they are suppose to start it seems to be a catch situation one can t start with out the other and vice-versa Is there anyone who has ever heard of this and tell me how Peer service restarting Networking not Grouping to repair this issue all help would be completely appreciated Page of Windows Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting Network Diagnostics Issues Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting found Either the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service PNRPsvc Enable the services needed for Peer-to-Peer Grouping Not fixed Failed Issues found Either the Peer Name Resolution Protocol service Not fixed PNRPsvc or the Peer Networking Identity Manager service p pimsvc is not running The Peer Networking Grouping service p psvc depends on both these services in order to function properly Enable the services needed for Peer-to-Peer Grouping Failed Network Diagnostics Log File Name ABE - A - A- BED- F Repair Admin etl Detection details Network Diagnostics Log File Name ABE - A - A- BED- F Diagnose Admin etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiquration cab Collection information Computer Name Windows Version Architecture Time PAULWADE-PC x Wednesday May AM Publisher details Windows Network Diagnostics Detects problems with network connectivity Package Version Publisher Microsoft Windows file IIIC lUserslPaul Wade AppDataiLocallElevatedDiagnostics This is the results from Microsoft Fix-it My Specs are MSI-MS- AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor GHz Gb Kingston HyperX DDR- ram a GB TB HHD Galaxy GeForce GT DDR MB video card Corsair TX PSU nbsp

A:Peer Networking Grouping service not restarting

So I did some more research and found out to repair Peer Networking Grouping svc and how to also restart my HomeGroup that I also had problems with!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/peer-networking-grouping-service-not-restarting.181081/
Relevancy 19.35%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 18.92%

I'm trying to open the right speaker because I think there's something wrong with the power/volume switch. Does anyone know how to open it?

A:I can't open my Altec Lansing ATP3 speaker

If you can't find any screws (they may be hidden), you might have to gently pry the enclosure apart. Sometimes the enclosures are glued

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-open-my-altec-lansing-atp3-speaker.154678/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
wanting to get a media center PC, any suggestion?I have been looking at shuttle, ARCTIC and Apple...Macmini is a bit too expensive. Wondering if anyone know about the AMD APU Trinity A10 processor? Coz it seem to to the latest, which the MC101 from ARCTIC has it?
thanks,

A:Want to buy media center PC or HTPC

You already said you are getting the ARCTIC MC101 in this thread: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-with-amd-apu-trinity-a10-4600m.181427/#post-1183102. I suppose you've changed your mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-media-center-pc-or-htpc.181431/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello I m having issues with my latency and I think I know the cause Today while trying things to fix the problem I stumbled upon this page in my router telling how many open sessions each connected device currently has On my network there are connected devices both are pc s One mine has a wired connection while the other roommate has a wireless connection My amount of open sessions ranges from to with peaks to while my roommate has to with peaks to I read up on the internet and came to the conclusion that this is not good I also read that these issues are often spyware virus related There is only one problem in fully determining roof through the Sessions" latency, High "Open the cause I don t have any access to my roommates computer If I m sure of the cause I can alert him about it but otherwise there s nothing I can do about his end One last thing I read about it was that the router may High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof also be doing something wrong with the sessions but I don t quite understand what that was Something about keeping old sessions or something maybe someone else knows more about this Any help would be massively appreciated Marty P S I ran quot CurrPorts quot on my computer when about sessions were running and it came up with a list of around unkown processes system processes and chrome processes nbsp

A:High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof

The unknown processes are sockets which have been closed and awaiting to be cleared - - not to worry, BUT
which CurrPorts column heading are you seeing this in?

btw: Your OS and the version of CurrPorts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-latency-open-sessions-through-the-roof.186940/
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 20.21%

So about once every 30 minutes, my keyboard, disconnects, and reconnects. Like it's being unplugged, and re-plugged back in. It is not the keyboard, or the USB port I am using. I have tested it in several different USB slots, but the same problem happens. It is software related. And is bugging the living hell out of me. I have reformatted and the same exact problem happens. And my friend has the EXACT problem but with his mouse.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have googled the problem and searched, but nobody has a real solution.

Thanks!

A:Keyboard software issues?

Some relevant system specs-

-Running LEGIT version of Win7 64bit
-8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
-ASUS P8Z77-V LK Intel Z77 Chipset
-Intel Core i7 2600k
-1tb 6.0gb/s 7200rpm Western Digital HDD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-software-issues.183811/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 19.35%
A:GTX 670, Radeon HD 7950 (open to suggestions)

MOBO: Your Motherboard has 1x PCIE 2.0 slot. So you are good for upgrading.
PSU: A quality PSU of about 550W or greater will power a single GTX 670 or HD 7950.

Is your new PSU included in the budget of $500?

Can anyone explain the difference between the same GPU but different manufacturer (Asus card costing more than the MSI one)?Click to expand...

Usually the difference between cards are small. Some will have better cooling or one may be OC'd while the other isn't. Or some may have dual bios capabilities. I remember my old HD 6950's from sapphire had the ability to be unlocked to 6970's. All in all, it really just depends on what you want. The cards are all going to perform generally the same. If it was me, id go for the cheaper one.

Here is a article about the diffirent HD 7950's available. Maybe it will add a little more clarity to what I was explaining.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-14.html

If I remember correctly, the GTX 670 out performed the 7950 in most cases. But, then again. The 7950 can OC quite a deal to make it perform much like a 7970. See what others have to say, I hope I was able to help a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-670-radeon-hd-7950-open-to-suggestions.182053/
Relevancy 18.92%

My I drive is reading: not accessible incorrect function. Please help

A:SD memory card not reading, usually open I drive to view

See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sd-memory-card-not-reading-usually-open-i-drive-to-view.180903/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey guys, I'm new here
I'm having a problem. My hard drive has like 6 folders. Each one containing different stuff like Word documents for school and such and movies and music. Non of the folders are opening except for the music folder. When I click on the folder for movies it says---> "Windows cannot find 'F:RECYCLER\e621ca05.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
-_______________- Seriously? What name? I didn't type anything.
My hard drive's name is "My Passport (F)". This is so frustrating!!! Please help.
Thanks a million <3
Buttercupsx
xXx

P.S: Those random questions at the end are annoying. I failed a bunch of em. Hehehe don't judge.

A:Hard drive won't open folders help!

Sounds like the folder you are trying to open is referencing a path that does not exist. Try the drive in another computer, try the drive in a different Operating system - see if the issue is still there. The drive might be failing or the data on it is corrupt. try downloading the WD diag utility for windows & test the drive. http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=218&sid=171&lang=en Post back!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-wont-open-folders-help.179647/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, I'm building a new system because trying to work on an athlon x2 240 involves too much self harm.

I have been reading around, and it seems that the 2500K is generally better in all regards despite having 2 less cores.

My main priority is rendering time in 3ds max, so regarding that, which cpu would be the better buy?

Thanks
Astralogic

A:Which of these CPUs is best for 3D software redndering? 2500K or 1100T?

It turns out that the 100T is better for 3ds max. I was afraid the 1100T would come out on top, I spent ages researching the right motherboard to get with the 2500K now I gotta start again

You wouldn't happen to know an AMD board that is the equivilent to the GA-Z77X-UD3H do you? Or the G1-Sniper M3?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-cpus-is-best-for-3d-software-redndering-2500k-or-1100t.180409/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello dear brothers,
iam very sad and unhappy also iam in tention plz help me '
suddenly have formated my partion .
And there was alot of my editing and recovery and other alot of softwares was in it now my partition is empty and i want to recover my all softwares i tried alot but softwares not recovering plz brothers help me plz help me iam very worry because i want to recover my all softwares
plz urgent help me plz how to recover that all softwares help me hope u will help me.

A:Formatted partition and want to recover software

Take a look at this:
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/recover-formatted-partition.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-partition-and-want-to-recover-software.178895/
Relevancy 22.36%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.235034100/categoryId.54297600

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...d-20&ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322381006&sr=8-3

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...FCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331256805&sr=8-1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-onza-or-microsoft-controller-for-windows.178459/
Relevancy 19.35%

I previously could open my flash drive; it appeared when I went to my computer.
Now I can't open my flash drive; it doesn't appear when I go to my computer. I went to disk management and the flash drive does not appear so I can't rename the drive.
I went to device manager and uninstalled the 3 usb root hubs and rebooted. The disk drive still did not appear when I went to my computer.
Does anybody have any additional suggestions?
Thanks

A:Can't open flash drive

This is a common problem with some brands and models when they have been dropped 18 inches or more, and there are great histories of defective ones. You acn pay to get the data off a defective drive... but the technicians and companies who do it are extremely expensive.

We see as many as 12 to 15 failed flash drives brought in to our shop every week.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-open-flash-drive.178293/
Relevancy 19.35%

On my usb, there is no problem with the slots themselves but the usbs keep talking about opening as an administrator, i tried that and still nothing.

A:USBs won't let me open files

Are you using Win 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usbs-wont-let-me-open-files.176841/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello guys Can you help me My friend has this Lexar USB Flash Disk She asks me to delete some folders and even the Secure II folder We thought that it is nothing because Lexar not II Windows 7 the software recognizable Secure after removing in usually if it s the application of the USB it should have been the name of the USB like for example in Western Digital I have this external Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software USB WD it also has an application inside it but the name of the folder is WD Anyway since the folder got deleted once we put the USB to any ports of our laptop PC and even in the television it s not recognizable The drive is not detected at all Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software even though there s a drive G for removable drive With this I searched for a solution and I found some solution but it did Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software not work for me - In disk management you have to changed the drive rebooted the PC even having the Secure II downloaded application that was deleted Unfortunately I cannot copy it inside the Lexar USB because it s not recognizable And in the device manager there s no exclamation point All drivers are okay Any resolution Thank you nbsp

A:Lexar not recognizable in Windows 7 after removing the Secure II software

"Any resolution?"

Yes, replace the Lexar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lexar-not-recognizable-in-windows-7-after-removing-the-secure-ii-software.176681/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys, bought a new PC recently and got everything set up fine, except the GPU.

Its all installed correctly but when I go to install the drivers from either Windows Update or the given CD and restart to save changes, I lose video signal.

I see the boot screen and Windows 7 loading bar, afterwards my screen says "Mode not supported".

I'm using the Nvidia 560 Ti and my screen is a Samsung LE19R86BD.

Is the installation possibly switching to 1080 while my monitor isn't supporting it?

A:No video signal after installing GPU software/drivers

I've read that there are times when the driver can't properly read the EDID data from the TV, and causes display problem. Can you boot into safe mode, change the display setting to 1440x900, then reboot into normal mode? Looks like your nVidia card has both HDMI & DVI connection, maybe try changing connection from one type to the other?

The driver I found on nVidia's site is version 285.62. Is that what you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-after-installing-gpu-software-drivers.173192/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I have a bit of a problem wondering if someone could help, I am running windows7 64 bit It's just coming up to a year old, I had this same problem when i uninstalled Norton but I called someone and they help me remove the key that was stopping the dvd rom from working, I Now am having the same problem scince I uninstalled avg and reinstalled it. I would do what I was told to before but I cannot remember what i have to do again :/ I know it is in regedit some where but not sure on where to go after, Any help or advice would be great thank you. It will play cds but not dvds :/
thanx in advance

A:DVD will not read DVDs or DVD software but will play CDs

Do you have a Windows Vista or 7 install disk? Or even a restore disk if its a branded PC. All of those should be DVDs, so see if you can boot the computer from that disk (you won't actually go through any of the install process, just see if it boots from the disk). This will ensure that your dvd laser didn't die. The laser for cd and dvd reading are different, so it is possible that one could die while the other is still good.

You may be exactly right with it being a registry thing, but if you have a bootable disk that is a dvd we can easily rule out a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-will-not-read-dvds-or-dvd-software-but-will-play-cds.174835/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi would be grate if anyone can help, looking for a software that overclocks the cpu, if their is any. Looking for something like rivatuner. Just want to add that i know i can change it in the bios just want to know if their is a windows prog like rivatuner.

Regards.

A:Overclocking software

Hi foxalot and welcome to Techspot If you happen to be on an AMD platform there is always AMD Overdrive. Motherboard manufacturers also offer assorted OC tools that would be specific to your hardware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-software.171804/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hi,

Not sure if this the right forum, but here goes. This has just started happening. Whichever window I have open, once I close the window I have the imprint of the window on the next window I open or on the desktop if no window is open. There are also vertical lines down the screen like you get on a TV set that are very pronounced. I have an ATI Radeon 4800HD series card running the lates drivers on a WINXP Pro system. I've tried going through all the setting but still can't get this to disappear. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Verity25

A:Background shadows from previous open window

its either the graphics card or monitor that is slowly dieing, but from the windows staying open issue i would put my money on the GPU being the issue, do you have onboard graphics on your motherboard? if so take out the graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/background-shadows-from-previous-open-window.172107/
Relevancy 19.35%

i recently plunged in my flash drive, no auto play comes up, in my computer it gice the drive name but the name of the flash drive itself isn't there, it's just saying removable drive yet it is named.

It works fine in other pc's but not this one....any help?

A:My flash drive won't open

See if this might help How to Cleanup and Remove old USB Storage Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-flash-drive-wont-open.171146/
Relevancy 24.94%

So when I start up my laptop, it tells me that windows did not start successfully.

As soon as I pick a command, it blue screen.
Can I do anything to fix this?

A:Windows XP Media Center Edition problem

What are Blue Screen error codes and do they list any drivers? Have you been infected lately? Installed any new hardware? How old is this system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-media-center-edition-problem.171035/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a 2009 windows vista, I am having a problem getting my cd-rom to work, my light does not come on at start up

A:CD-ROM door does not light up and will not open

Desktop computer I presume? Take the side off and make sure the power cable is seated properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-door-does-not-light-up-and-will-not-open.170370/
Relevancy 18.06%

Alright I have a whole bunch of my music and videos on my external hard drive and I got a new Dell XPS yesterday I had been using my external hard drive just fine for the past - yeas now with different laptops working fine I plugged it yesterday to transfer all my music to my new computer and it seemed to be working fine There was an error as the copy rate External Local -- won't open Disk as only working, shows drive hard stopped up slowwed so I decided to delete and try again I did that about times and then decided to just copy the music album by album Eventually I don External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open t know how it ended up happening instead of the Hard Drive coming up as Seagate on the My Computer Tab it started showing up as Local Disk J on my Dell and Local Disk E on my laptop now It doesn t matter where I plug it in Not only that it won t open when I try to open it It will get loaded and then just pause and stop responding I m completely lost My hard drive is Seagate GB nbsp

A:External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open

Hi, first I would run the Seagate diagnostics to check the hard drive is still healthy following this guide.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

It sounds likely that the circuitry in the drive enclosure is failing (or the drive), if the test won't run then remove the drive from the enclosure and purchase a USB Hard Drive adapter, or use the internal connections in a desktop PC to connect the drive. This should allow you to run the test and/or extract all the files.

If the test runs ok with the drive connected to another PC internally, or with a USB adapter then you will know for sure that it is the enclosure that has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-stopped-working-only-shows-up-as-local-disk-wont-open.169973/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a Klipsch CS-700 and the DVD/cd door won't open. There is a DVD in it. I have tried opening it with the the remote control and on the console. I have looked for a small manual override button hole, like on some computer cd-rom drives, but I can't find one. Any thoughts?

A:My DVD/CD door doesn't open

There is a hole in front of the DVD drive. insert a pin and push.

Here is a sample image

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-cd-door-doesnt-open.169679/
Relevancy 20.64%

have a WD hard drive WD 2500Me passport HDD , some reasons its not been recognized on any of the pcs in the house.
Please could one help with softwares as lost the manufacturer disc and WD website not helping at all. or any advice got most of my works on it
thanks

A:WD HDD software/advice

Just in case, you could try to reboot your computer with the hdd plugged in, to see if it makes any difference.
Is the hdd recognized by Disk Management (Start-Run "diskmgmt.msc")?
If you boot your computer with the hdd plugged in, is it recognized by your BIOS?
Another option is that it's not getting enough power from your USB port, some external hdds come with two USB cables, one for power and one for data transfer.

There is also a chance that your hdd is dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hdd-software-advice.169494/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi guys I m new here so hi all So anyhow here s my problem - I have a Dell Inspiron that has been giving me some problems of late where the laptop dies off a hard it dies everytime off disk up laptop but still installed boots New few seconds after booting up I first tried System Restore and it died New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up on me so I just booted into Safe Mode and changed some settings New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up in msconfig It came back to normal temporarily but everytime I scheduled a disk check or attempt to System Restore again it will just black out So I did a PC check and diagnostics and it said that my HDD had failed So in all fairness I bought a new HDD and put it in With the new HDD in it gives me the message quot No boot sector on internal hard drive quot Now thats not actually New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up an error so I put my Vista installation DVD As the files load my laptop blacks out -- yet again Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up

Remove the battery and only use the AC adapter. Does the laptop still shut down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-disk-installed-but-laptop-still-dies-off-everytime-it-boots-up.168441/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello,

Yesterday I bought Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 and I have the CM6501 Sound Card (with the lastest driver version.)

The Subwoofer, Left and- Right-front speakers produce sound.
But I found out my Rear/Center Speakers doesnt produce any sound. But they can produce sound!

When I do the 'sound test' there isn't any sound coming from it expept the fronts speakers.

I installed everything correctly, I have put all cables in the right port.
(I got the wrong cable dilivred in my package I got two Sound-Card cables and no Audo IN cable but that shouldn't be the problem because I did heard sound from rear speakers but the doesnt anymore.)

What am I about to do?

A:Rear and center speakers doesn't produce sound

Did you switch 5.1 sound on?
On your speaker icon in the taskbar, right-click and choose 'playback devices'.
In the new dialogue that appears, right-click on your speaker icon, and choose 'Configure speakers', then select the option that is nearest to your set-up.
Click on the 'Test' button to check all speakers are working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rear-and-center-speakers-doesnt-produce-sound.167288/
Relevancy 18.92%

A few years back I got an external hard drive (Nomad) as I was working on a book and studying photography and wanted to be able to back up all my work in case of a computer crash. Well, it turned out that I did have a crash, and everything was fine until I went to open up a file that contained a bunch of Microsoft Word files for my book.

When I click on the file in attempts to open it, after a long period of not responding, an error comes up that says exactly this:

"Location is not available
H:\Scotia\Writing\Stories & Novels is not accessible.
Incorrect functon."

Is there any way that I can fix this so that I can have the files back? I'm desperate, and without these files I lose a year of work toward a novel. Any help is deeply appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-on-nomad-external-hard-drive-will-not-open.167092/
Relevancy 22.79%

my internet connection keeps going off and I have phoned my service provider to trouble shoot but it keeps on happening intermittantly. I have restarted my computer and then it goes back online.

A:My internet connection keeps going off and I have phoned my service provider

We need a bit more information.

Is it wireless or do you connect with a cable to your router.

What version of windows are you using.

Is this a laptop or desktop with a built in wireless card or are you using a dongle.

Please provide the make and model of the PC.

Apart from that you have started this thread in the section for introducing yourself, it should be in Storage and Networking.

You may get moved but help will continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-connection-keeps-going-off-and-i-have-phoned-my-service-provider.166632/
Relevancy 20.21%

Can anyone who has hands on experience with PC diagnostics software and/or hardware recommend any particular software or hardware testers.

How good is AIDA64, a review I read on this looks quite impressive.

There are many motherboard and general hardware testers on ebay, are there any that stand out as being particularly reliable that will also work on laptops..

I am also interested in finding good data retrieval software for recovering data from faulty and/or corrupt hard drives. Are there any that perform better than Stella Phoenix.

I repair a few PC's a month and it would be very useful to have some equipment that can confirm the health of mobo's and CPU's without having to diagnose by a process of elimination.

I don't have the finance to experiment with the various testers that are available.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

A:PC diagnostics software/hardware

This type of Computer testing hardware and software is not really necessary or even useful to an experienced computer tech. The motherboard testers are only as good as the tech is. A shorted data bus will give false results at best. The useful tools include a spare power supply, an inexpensive power supply tester, spare memory, a spare IDE and SATA Desktop hard drive (and notebook drives) and a good true RMS multimeter... and that's it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-diagnostics-software-hardware.165470/
Relevancy 17.63%

recently I have wanted to get into video editing and I decided to try out a few different video editing software tools I tried windows movie maker first and it kept skipping when I would preview clips and freezing The same thing is happening with the trial version of adobe s premiere elements trial version For adobe it told me to download the latest video driver that was compatible so i did and it allowed me to see my videos and use it a little bit but it would not be able to keep up and would freeze occasionally Does this have to do with my graphics card This is what I could find of my computers information i typed dxdiag in run System Operating system Windows Home Premium bit Build System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System if I card editing upgrade video for software should Wondering video model Satellite A BIOS InsydeH Version Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX And I guess this is my graphics card Name NVIDIA GeForce M Chip Type Geforce M DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Approx Total Memory MB Current Display mode x bit Hz If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated thank you P s I m not very computer savvy so keep that in mind - nbsp

A:Wondering if I should upgrade video card for video editing software

yes the graphics card seems to be the weak link in your setup, you could try searching for msi afterburner to try to overclock your graphics card but failing that i would upgrade your graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-i-should-upgrade-video-card-for-video-editing-software.159073/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi.. I need to know the authorized service centers for Corsair Memory in India(Mainly in Coimbatore/Chennai).

A:Corsair Service Centre locations in India?

If this is to return a faulty product under warranty, go to here: http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport

Fill it out, and they will be in touch with where to send your product for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-service-centre-locations-in-india.165122/
Relevancy 19.35%

I'm upgrading a packard bell easy note s4's memory. It has one easy access ram port (empty) and the ram its using is internal. I want to upgrade both slots. The easy access is, well easy.

However opening the laptop turned out to be problematic. I removed every screw I could find (carefully placing same on a paper diagram of the rear.) However the back still will not open, its comes away slightly from the front (opposite side to the screens connection to the laptop.) But something is definitely still holding it in place.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

Packard Bell EasyNote S4
MS-Model: ASD30 IN0009

A:How do you open a Packard Bell Easynote s4?

Have you removed the keyboard, there is probably a screw or two under it. I don't know this model but the RAM may be there as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-you-open-a-packard-bell-easynote-s4.164587/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi fellow service unknown status start failed or the Connection to dependency group computer junkies I can see a multitude of difficulties have been overcome by your group effort I hope you ve got another fix up your sleeves My laptop is years old HP COMPAQ C Notebook PC Vista Home Premium purchased with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T Ghz GB RAM bit OS My internet connection is normally T-Mobile USB Internet card Also connect WiFi with built in card Local Disk C NTFS GB Free GB Presario RP Disk D GB Free GB Pc tools spyware doctor w Antivirus Malwarebytes The first indication of a problem began with announcement that new Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start hardware had been found Knowing that I had installed nothing I blocked the new hardware attempt to connect Next day I found I could not reach the internet using T-mobile Among other things Windows Defender and Firewall were not operating I got a message quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to System Event Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start Notification Service This problem prevents limited users from logon on to the system As an administrator user you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Of course upon investigating I found I could not open Event Notification log Normally at a time like this I would reach for System Restore But I was informed no restore points were available With help from Brother-in-law Larry and using desktop with the T-mobile connection I was able to get online to find the fix to the problem I started in Safe Mode Clicked start search cmd right click ran as administrator typed quot netsh winsock reset quot enter and restarted Also ran sfc scannow That got rid of that problem Was then able to see Event Notification log But now new error quot Connection status unknown The dependency group failed to start quot I right clicked on that message got option to Diagnose and Repair Got message Network Diagnostics cannot run because Diagnostics Policy service is not running Clicked to open Service Control Manager SCM is in Management Console This opened Local Services which shows full pages of application descriptions status startup type and log on as I found Diagnostic Policy Service Properties set to startup automatic but service status is stopped I clicked start result was Error Access is denied Many other items are in same state When start attempted on some other applications Error was received also Some applications gave Error quot The dependency service or group failed to start I don t know if this is important but After being allowed to view Event Notification Log I looked at Security log which had as earliest date that was days ago Today the earliest date is I noticed several entries throughout from oldest to newest dates the entries were quot Special Logon quot with Special Privileges assigned to new logon On the oldest one it seemed to be given privileges which included among others I can t remember assign Primary token privilege Security Privilege Audit Privilege take ownership privilege TCB privilege load driver privilege backup privilege restore privilege debug privilege system environment privilege and Impersonate Privilege That s it for now bout all I know Send help please Bill Ellison nbsp

A:Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start

Shot in the Dark

Have you tried running MalwareBytes in safe mode? Do you have an antivirus on your computer? Sometimes Virus' know MBAM so you may want to change the name of the program before you run it.

My Computer Lady

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.164058/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, I have a few servers on a 192.168.150.x subnet. I need to move all my network equipment to a different site and I need to use a different subnet such as 192.168.151.x. I will be using a VPN site to site at the beginning until my point to point is insatalled. so I'm wondering if I change my DC and file server IP to a .151 subnet would I be asking for trouble? are there any records or dns records that will get screw up or anything that you can think of?

please let me know if this is something you would recommend or if I really have to do it in a different way.

thanks
Mm

A:Moving my server to a different site... need some help

hmm; Leave the existing entries for the DC as-is.
Then create the shadow entries which mirror the real site and use a prefix or suffix in the names;

if the true DNS is name foo.dns.domainName; then the shadow might be s_foo.dns.domainName
if the primary DB server is DB1.domainName, then use s_DB1.domainName
migrate from DB1 to s_DB1 & run regression testing here

when done and all regression testing is final;
SWAP:
DB1.domainName -> x_DB1.domainName
s_DB1.domainName -> DB1.domainName​and leave x_DB1.domainName for historical backup

The entire world is controlled by what is in your DNS;
today it's the existing system,
some day soon, it's the migrated version​and no one will ever know the difference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-my-server-to-a-different-site-need-some-help.163842/
Relevancy 25.8%

My computer will not all ow me to connect to "www.vchss.org" web site. I can get to other sites without problems.
Below are the gmer and dds log files.
Any information that can help solve this problem wuld be appreciated. Wayne

A:Problem with accessing vchss.org web site

Problem with accessing vchss.org website

i did not see leekys response before it was removed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-accessing-vchss-org-web-site.163344/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi i want to block certain sites from my computer and the others on the network through one computer using the admin privileges i have how can i do this.

A:Block a site on my computer network

Using ICS:
Code:
modem==[B]Primary[/B] computer===router---other PCs
the firewall on the Primary will control access of other devices, but it's a pain to configure AND the Primary must be running for anything else to have Internet Service (including even simple email).

the more typical layout
Code:
modem===router --- All devices
is far more practical but only the common router is available for access controls and
with the average home-router, it is limited in the number of keywords or urls that can be managed.

Each PC could have its own system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and block access with
a line per site (meaning everything at a given domain) like

Code:
127.0.0.1 blocked_domain_name
but then you need to update all PCs with every change and recycle the DNS on each machine usingipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"​while effective, this technique is all-or-nothing, ie all users are denied uniformily

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/block-a-site-on-my-computer-network.162625/
Relevancy 23.22%

please help me, i'm from vietnam, so my english so bad, i'm very need dell service tag utilities version 5.1, please send for me, thank you very much, i need for my job, if not my boss fired me, thanks again for read here

A:Need Dell Service Tag Utilities version 5.1

Call Dell support.
I think you will find that the utility is available ONLY to Dell service providers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-dell-service-tag-utilities-version-5-1.162126/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello!
I have Asus M50Sv with Realtek HD Audio and Vista 32bit SP2.

Once a day after rebooting the sound dissapeared because of Windows Audio service not started.
In events log I see Windows Audio service starting error with code 13 (OxD).
If I try to start this service manually - it also fails to stard whth error code 13.

I read all found threads about Audio service problem whth Vista and didn't found a solution.

All services Windows Audio service depends from are running properly.
I have reinstalled audio device using lates version of Realtek audio drivers.
I have updated all other drivers and installed latest Windows updates.
I don't have rollback points.

Can someone give me more ideas how I could be fixed?
(reinstalling windows is not an option so far)

What it means then service fails to start with code 13?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

A:Windows Audio Service not starting

I'm assuming the sound card is integrated? Try reinstalling the driver completely. Uninstall the current one and then reinstall it (or the most current one).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-audio-service-not-starting.161648/
Relevancy 20.21%

do anyone know how to repair this? on my both pcs is it same but on another it is ok

youtube.com/watch?v=rcL27vmrqYQ

A:Unsynchronized buttons and images in software

You need to give more details, your OS and what the programs are.

The Utube link does not work, you cannot post links until you have made five posts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsynchronized-buttons-and-images-in-software.161471/
Relevancy 20.21%

use a dell c600 latitude, when i try to open windows xp pro. service pack 1 i get the message windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \windows\system 32\config\system.. you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup cd-rom select r at the first screnn to start repair. I have tried to reinstall and i keep getting the same message, any key i hit restarts the computer? has anyone had a problem like this and if so please tell me how to slove this step by step. how do you wipe out the harddrive and start all over? I can get to f2 setup and f8 but nothing works....need help, thanks

A:Dell c600 software

I've followed these steps anytime i've had this error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-c600-software.160637/
Relevancy 24.94%

It appears that during a storm, my tower was damaged, affected, whatever. The tower will not turn on. However, the green light on the back below the electrical plug flashes when plugged up. I have tried making sure that the on off swich is making contact, and I plan to unplug all the electrical plugs that could have been affected and then seeing if it works, and plugging them back in one by one to see if one of them were damaged. I have been told that there is a fuse that could have been blown but I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?

I have also made sure that the surge protector has been reset, the outlet is fine, etc.

A:Storm surge on my HP mn1160 media center tower

I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?Click to expand...

internal to the PSU and nothing you would recognize if you saw it.
A good friend had this very same experience and we had to replace the PSU and all was just fine. Having suffered once, the user quickly added a UPS to the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storm-surge-on-my-hp-mn1160-media-center-tower.160003/
Relevancy 18.92%

i have dell studio 1558(with 1 GB graphic card) and i am using windows 7 just installed some days before and the problem is whenever i try to open any high graphic game then an windows pop up saying your something 36.dll file is missing.so, i downloaded .dll file from internet and copied it to the program file but no-ting's changes.please help me guys

A:Can’t open high graphic games

What is the make of your graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can%E2%80%99t-open-high-graphic-games.160171/
Relevancy 20.21%

The card (Geforce 9600 GSO) has been fine for a year or so since i bought it, but a few days ago while ALT-TABBING between screens it locked up and crashed the PC.
I get the following message when i use the device manager "find a solution"

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 43.

I have tried reinstalling the card and drivers but it seems to make no difference.

any help appreciated

A:Graphics card driver software won't run

You can try using system restore to a point before this crash.

If that doesn't work:

try using driver sweeper to clean it out.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

Then go the NVIDIA web site and install the drivers.

What sort of problems are you experiencing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-driver-software-wont-run.159338/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi All,

Hope you can help me!!!
I have had my wd 500gb External Hard Drive some months now, which was re formatted to fat 32 by a friend, so I could download movies off friends.
Anyways it had just stopped letting me download saying: "Error: former volume not mounted".
I checked my hard drive and it says it has "no driver installed".
I did notice some of my last movies I download didnt have sound when watched on a friends computer using my hard drive? I am not great with computers in case you didnt know so if you can help..easy enough even a blonde could understand.lol. Still getting the hang of all the technic side...
Hope you can help I am lost with hard drive not working properly..
In case you need to know...I used a little Samsung N220 Laptop with
Windows *7 Starter..
Hope to hear from you soon
Renee

A:New to site - WD 500GB external hard drive issues

Take a look at this:
Recovering Data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-site-wd-500gb-external-hard-drive-issues.158736/
Relevancy 24.51%

hp media center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in. will not go on. anyone know what this means?

A:HP Media Center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me.

Have you tried removing the battery completely, and then running it off of the mains lead only?

EDIT: I see google lists this as a PC, so the above doesn't apply.

Usually on a PC the blinking light is an indication that the computer is in sleep mode. If it won't power up, try removing the power cable, and then hit the power button (to discharge electrics) and then reconnect, and try powering it up then.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-media-center-m1000-steady-blinking-light-when-plugged-in.158782/