Windows Support Forum

Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error"

Q: Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error"

I recently 2016 send Office mapi email, failure error" "unspecified to upgraded to Win also installed Office Pro Plus My Brother all in one printer scanned to email easily on Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error" Win no longer does Brother could not figure it out I tried sending to email from Word get quot mapi failure unspecified error quot Hoping that if I can solve this scan to email will also work I have researched this issue for many hours can find no solutions that are not old ones referring to files and directories that do not exist Tried renaming mapi dll after installing the quot take ownership quot app to no avail It never gets reinstalled Tried copying it from a newer laptop still no joy Using Windows Live mail client set as default in Windows Most of the posts I can find on the internet regarding the mapi failure are for older systems this is very new Windows and new Office Very disappointed in Microsoft issuing new software that will not work together

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/59070-office-2016-send-email-mapi-failure-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2016 send to email, mapi failure "unspecified error"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 101.68%

Gmail is my only eMail program.
When I have Word document I do following
File > Save&Send > Send using email > Send as attachment
I get error
Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure:"Unspecified error".
This error can occur if you attempt to send a Word document as an e-mail attachment in Word and the MAPI session was closed and Word is no longer able to connect to that MAPI session.
It can also occur if there is a problem with the fax configuration.
To correct a MAPI related error: restart the MAPI e-mail program (for example,Outlook) or save and close the document, and then restart Word after restarting your MAPI e-mail application.
Word will establish a new MAPI session, allowing the document to be sent.
I tried having gmail open in the background, but got same result
How do I fix this ?

A:Word couldn't send mail because of MAPI failure Unspecified error

Gmail using webmail? You must have an MAPI compliant mail client on pc to be able to send mail from within ms office.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/290763-word-couldnt-send-mail-because-mapi-failure-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Desktop PC was previously my W computer Jan error for Update died Critical W10 2016 during 18 "unspecified" I had backed up all my data as at Dec in preparation to upgrade to W I had separate TB hard drives in this PC with W10 died during Critical Update 18 Jan 2016 for "unspecified" error backups to internal second and third drives All three hard drives were partitioned into two TB partitions All three TB hard drives are Samsung HD UI W10 died during Critical Update 18 Jan 2016 for "unspecified" error TB models now all out of warranty period This Deshtop PC was then updated to W on Jan W10 died during Critical Update 18 Jan 2016 for "unspecified" error after creating a new restore date in W Luckily I also backed up to separate external hard drives Now a W Desktop PC it died during Critical Update Jan for quot unspecified quot error W desktop PC just stopped during this update with following problems no BSoD - just totally blank dark screen unable to switch off or reset or power off via PC had to turn off power supply after hours of hoping something will happen unable to restart PC - BIOS loads - then W logo appears Flashes on - then PC just hangs At least it now resets to restart unable to start into safe mode or any other variations of safe mode After some restarts attempts - now get option to restore to an earlier date - my last W restore date was Jan Restore failed for Jan due to quot unspecified error quot Tried again times with same result Restore failed for same reason on several earlier restore dates I make a new one each fortnight Nothing in Microsoft's Windows helpsite helped Took it to my local long term quot Microsoft Most Valuable Professional MVP quot repairer who found the following problems A Master Hard Drive TB previously TB partitions - only C drive TB able to be accessed Drive has been corrupted - he is still working to recover my Windows old files for me the other TB quot D quot drive is now not there ie shows as only total of TB available B Second hard drive previously TB partitions - quot E quot drive one TB partition is now quot not accessible - access is denied quot the other TB quot F quot drive is now not there ie shows as only TB available C Third hard drive previously TB partitions - quot G quot drive one TB partition is now quot not accessible - access is denied quot the other TB quot H quot drive is now not there ie shows as only TB available Has anyone had similar problem with W recent upgrades or updates Why would hard drives reduce from TB down to total of TB Why would update effect other internal hard drives other that C drive Help Yes I am now using old W Home Premium desktop PC My W quot Backup quot PC System Profile as at Jan Computer type PC DesktopSystem Manufacturer custom Model Number custom OS W Home Premium System Type Bit O S CPU Intel Pentium D GHz GHz Motherboard GIGABYTE I PLGE-RH Memory GB GB Windows Experience Index

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38445-w10-died-during-critical-update-18-jan-2016-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 81.22%

As I use Googlemail now how do I set up Open Office to use it to "send Documents as Email" please.
(I'm sure this is basic stuff but I'm at a loss with it)

A:Authorize Open Office to "Send document as email"

I pretty sure you may need third party software to do what you want if you are using gmail. Why not just send as an attachment.
Anyway look here and see if this will suit your needs. Affixa There is a free basic version for personal use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/287458-authorize-open-office-send-document-email.html
Relevancy 106.64%

I installed a MSI MS- WLAN b g n T R BT EDR Combo Slim Module on my Intel DX SO running Win Pro x and MS Office Pro Desktop Boards amp mdash Wireless LAN WiFi and Bluetooth module The software drivers for the module added Office Outlook "Send Bluetooth" to 2007 Error Bluetooth features to the Office applications Every time I reply to an email for the first time I get the following pop-up error box Custom UI Runtime Error in Send to Bluetooth Quote Error found in Custom UI XML of quot Send to Bluetooth quot Line Column Error Code x Failed to Office 2007 Outlook "Send to Bluetooth" Error find Office control by ID ID FileSendMenu Two buttons OK amp OK to All I can disable the pop-up error box by unchecking quot Show add-in user interface errors quot under quot In all Microsoft Office Programs quot in Tools Options Office 2007 Outlook "Send to Bluetooth" Error quot Other quot Tab quot Advanced Options quot button I'd like to know if there is a solution for this issue other than turning off the Office 2007 Outlook "Send to Bluetooth" Error notification of the add-in user interface error How do I troubleshoot this issue I have the latest drivers installed The drivers for the Bluetooth side of the module are from Motorola and the drivers for the WLAN bgn side of the module are from Ralink Bluetooth Devices Bluetooth EDR USB Device Driver Provider Motorola Inc Driver Date -Nov- Driver Version Network adapters bgn T R Wireless Adapter Driver Provider Ralink Driver Date -Jul- Driver Version Bluetooth Network Adapter Driver Provider Motorola Inc Driver Date -Jul- Driver Version Ports COM amp LPT Bluetooth Serial Port COM Driver Provider Motorola Inc Driver Date -Jul- Driver Version Thank you in advance for your assistance Regards

A:Office 2007 Outlook "Send to Bluetooth" Error

This issue is resolve for now. The problem is a Bluetooth driver that causes issues with MS Office as well. See the link below for more details:

Word 2007 Copy and Paste Issue

In addition to disabling the "Show Add-In user interface errors" option as described in post 1, you can disable the "Send to Bluetooth" feature under Tools/Trust Center/Add-Ins/Manage: COM Add-ins (drop down menu and click "Go")/uncheck "Send to Bluetooth."

With Win 7, you need to right click the application exe file, select "Properties"/Compatibility and check the box to run the program as an administrator to be able to uncheck the "Send to Bluetooth" options in all the Office applications.

Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/303984-office-2007-outlook-send-bluetooth-error.html
Relevancy 103.2%

So I had prepared a document with graphics in MS Office Word, saved it, and then set about to send it via email. I clicked onto the email symbol, and got this error message instead;

"Logon failed. You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book.
Error Code "Unspecified Error".

Questions;

Where is the Microsoft Exchange, and how do I go about accessing it so that I can logon?Is there a link to MS Exchange in MS Office Word?It's nice of them to hold my address [contacts??] book, but I need to logon to use it too. How?Does anyone know how I get around this hiccup, or is this feature [email from MS Office Word 2007] limited to different versions of Vista/Office?

A:Failure - error trying to send email from MS Office Word 2007

Tony I'm curious,
Are you using Win Mail or Outlook as your default email client?
I note your question in this link
http://www.vistax64.com/windows-live...ame-email.html

If indeed it's Win Mail try this -
Control Panel. - Programs - Default Programs -set your default programs - wait for the list to populate - Windows Mail - set this program as default.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree you will no doubt tell me.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244589-failure-error-trying-send-email-ms-office-word-2007-a.html
Relevancy 102.34%

One of our users has Windows 7 Installed. When she emails out attachments, she right clicks it and chooses to "Sent To" and then selects "Mail Recipient". It opens and creates a new email fine. Upon pressing SEND it gives a "FIXMAPI 1.0 MAPI Repair Tool has stopped working" It does successfully email.

I attached a screenshot.

A:Receiving a "FIXMAPI 1.0 MAPI Repair Tool has stopped working" error

Created a new Outlook profile. Worked fine after that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/183807-receiving-fixmapi-1-0-mapi-repair-tool-has-stopped-working-error.html
Relevancy 101.05%

Visiting my folks this weekend mom has a Gateway Pent running WinXP She faithfully "IEXPLORE" error" "unspecified every Saturday night am has MS run auto downloads so all is up-to-date on that end She "IEXPLORE" "unspecified error" has a dial-up connection that runs at Kbps and is pretty smooth and reliable over the past year or so Problem is when trying to go to certain web pages a series of smaller window boxes open "IEXPLORE" "unspecified error" up very very fast starting in the upper middle of the screen and then cascading down to the bottom right all saying the same message quot IEXPLORE quot in the title section and quot unspecified error quot in the text section of each box until the very last bottom-right has some code in it that due to it disappearing very fast is hard to find The IExplorer browser and all of these little boxes then disappear from the screen However the internet connection is still alive and connected Seems to mainly happen when visiting sites such as google mail world and a few others And to add further frustrations when trying to go to some sites be they in her favorites or even new sites such as www pbs org cnn com etc will get the quot page not found quot crap Don t know but could there be a whoops in her IE exe code Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:"IEXPLORE" "unspecified error"

Please go to this site and download HiJackThis:

***NOTE***Do not FIX anything without a log analyzer's guidance. MOST of what's listed is necessary for your computer to operate normally.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

Under "Official Downloads" HiJackThis. It's the 2nd one down.

Download and unzip to a permanent folder of your own creation.

Open HiJackThis. Click "Scan". Then,in the lower left corner, click "Save Log".

Save it to your permanent HiJackThis folder (or floppy disk if necessary).

The log will open in Notepad. Click "Edit" then "Select All".

Copy and paste the log back to this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iexplore-unspecified-error.234048/
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 98.9%

CHKDSK run either by scheduled during restart occurred..." multiple reports drives CHKDSK unspecified for "An error or in Safe Mode Command Line or from a separate USB boot CHKDSK for multiple drives reports "An unspecified error occurred..." disk all show the exact same allegedly quot fixed quot errors over and over again They never actually get fixed Also on out of different disk drives -- including two Samsung SSDs which quot SSD Life Pro quot says are in excellent condition and will last at least more years -- keep reporting an error I've never seen before Code An unspecified error occurred f c d e Fortunately the -bit Windows Pro boot disk never shows an error but I get these repeated and allegedly quot fixed quot CHKDSK errors for example when I'm trying to clone my system partition to any of a few different disk drives and before the cloning can complete I get one or more CHKDSK errors - even though there are no CHKDSK errors from the source disk partition I've checked and re-checked for rootkits and other CHKDSK for multiple drives reports "An unspecified error occurred..." malware using MBAM and Avira Pro and no problems are ever reported I've exhaustively checked the RAM using MemTest v for passes each over two days and again no problems are reported These inexplicable errors are driving me nuts And it's seems extremely unlikely that these are any sort of common problems so I need some creative thinking please I thought maybe a PSU problem but it's a - year old Corsair and I'm not using anywhere near watts Also the mobo and disk temps are typical and even on the low side a bit I don't believe there's anything wrong with the disks themselves but how likely is it that some chip on the ASUS Z -A mobo -- say a SATA chip -- is flawed If it's likely how can I test this I'm desperate here folks Please help

A:CHKDSK for multiple drives reports "An unspecified error occurred..."

A reasonably cheap & easy fix might be to replace the SATA cables. Sometimes these can cause unexplained problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/401453-chkdsk-multiple-drives-reports-unspecified-error-occurred.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Ok so suddenly for no reason my computers starts acting unresponsive with numerous applications. Now I do what every good little Vista user does and tries to do a system restore. Now unfortunately system restore doesn't want to work ! I've tried this about 3 times so far with the same message, "An unspecified error occurred during system restore."

Help?

A:"An unspecified error occurred during system restore"... several times in fact...

Hello PaC,

Try putting the applications to run as 'Computer Administrator'. Hope this helps!

Regards,
alienware

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/236741-unspecified-error-occurred-during-system-restore-several-times-fact.html
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi all my plextor drive keeps giving me an unspecified recorder error when i try to burn something anything and i updated firmware and all but it dont work Windows XP IA WinAspi - ahead WinASPI File C Program Files Nero Nero Core Wnaspi dll Ver size bytes created PM NT-SPTI used Nero Version Internal Version Recorder lt PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A gt Version - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Drive buffer kB Bus Type default - gt ATAPI detected CD-ROM lt SONY DVD-ROM DDU gt Version YS - HA TA - Adapter driver lt IDE gt HA Scsi-Device-Map CdRomPeripheral PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral SONY DVD-ROM DDU atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral WDC WD GD- FNA atapi Port ID DMA On DiskPeripheral Maxtor Y M atapi Port ID DMA On CdRomPeripheral DO J RSY L dtscsi Port ID DMA Off CdRomPeripheral SCSIVAX DVD CD-ROM a vaxscsi Port ID DMA Off CDRom-Device-Map 712A 1.07 PLEXTOR Firmware error" "Unspecified recorder SCSIVAX DVD CD-ROM E CDRom DO J RSY L F CDRom PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A J CDRom SONY DVD-ROM DDU K CDRom AutoRun Excluded drive IDs WriteBufferSize Byte ShowDrvBufStat BUFE Physical memory MB kB Free physical memory MB kB Memory in use Uncached PFiles x Use Inquiry Global Bus Type PLEXTOR 712A Firmware 1.07 "Unspecified recorder error" default Check supported media Disabled Burn DVD Image PM Text File ThreadedTransfer cpp Line ReadBuffer-Pipe got KB of Memory PM Text File Reader cpp Line Reader running PM Text File Writer cpp Line Writer J PLEXTOR 712A Firmware 1.07 "Unspecified recorder error" PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A running PM IMAGEGEN - File ImageGen cpp Line Image was written as DAO DAOI MediaCatalogNumber TocType x Finalized First Last Track ISRC Blocksize TrackMode TRM DATA MODE TrackConfig x First Last Index Index FilePos Index FilePos NextTrackFilePos CUES Ctrl x Trk x Index Start RecDep x Ctrl x Trk x Index Start RecDep x Ctrl x Trk x Index Start RecDep x Ctrl x Trk xAA Index Start RecDep x MTYP Mediumtype DVD old format x C Image file name lt D MORROWINDOBLIVIONDVDNRG MORROWINDOblivionDvd nrg gt PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Turn on Disc-At-Once using DVD media PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Last possible write address on media MB Last address to be written MB PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Write in overburning mode NO enabled CD PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line Recorder PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A Media type DVD-R Disc Manufacturer TTH - Disc Application Code Disc Physical Code PM Text File DlgWaitCD cpp Line gt gt gt Protocol of DlgWaitCD activities lt lt lt PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Setup items after recorder preparation TRM DATA MODE - DVD-ROM indices index not provided original disc pos not relocatable disc pos for caching writing not required not required no patch infos - gt TRM DATA MODE config wanted index blocks length blocks J PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A -------------------------------------------------------------- PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Prepare recorder J PLEXTOR DVDR PX- A for write in CUE-sheet-DAO DAO infos MCN quot quot TOCType x Session Closed disc fixated Tracks to TRM DATA MODE x FilePos ISRC quot quot DAO layout Start Track Idx CtrlAdr RecDep lead-in x x x x x x lead-out x x PM Text File SCSIPassThrough cpp Line SPTILockVolume - completed successfully for FCTL LOCK VOLUME PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files started PM Text File Burncd cpp Line Cache writing successful PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Caching of files completed PM Phase File dlgbrnst cpp Line Burn process started at x KB s PM Text File ThreadedTransferInterface cpp Line Verifying disc position of item not relocatable no disc pos no patch infos orig at write at PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Recording mode Sequential Recording Mode PM Text File MMC cpp Line Set BUFE BURN-Proof - gt ON PM Text File DVDR cpp Line Start write address at LBA DVD high compatibility mode Yes PM Text File Cdrdrv cpp Line ---- DVD Structure Physical Format Information h ---- Layer Address h ... Read more

A:PLEXTOR 712A Firmware 1.07 "Unspecified recorder error"

I do not see any System Aspi files in your error message.
Check InfoToll in Nero .
If it is corrupt , Download 'Force ASPi 1.7 'Google it. use ' dumpaspi ' and then 'installaspi' from CMD/Command
Try with DMA turned off , and if you have the jumpers on your drive set to Cable select > Change them to their actual position ie. Master/Slave
Let us know if you have any luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plextor-712a-firmware-1-07-unspecified-recorder-error.47121/
Relevancy 98.9%

Everyone when i press personalize when i right click on the desktop it will show explorer.exe unspecified error.. and in control panel/appearance and personalization the icon "Themes" is gone.HELP!!!

A:When I press personalize it will show "explorer.exe unspecified error"

I would first run an sfc scan to check any problem with system files
Start>type cmd>right click then run as administrator>type sfc /scannow>enter

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Would also run some virus scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270529-when-i-press-personalize-will-show-explorer-exe-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hallo everyone,

Since yesterday, I get an error in Word: "there are too many edits in the document. This operation will be incomplete. Save your work."

I've read on the internet something about the cache with temporary files but the cache is as good as empty. I also have 773 GB of free disk space (C-drive). It is a new laptop.

I am currently working on my final project for highschool. The error appears when I try to past an image from internet.

Can you guys help me with this? It's very frustrating.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52048-errorin-office-2016-there-too-many-edits-document.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I started a chkdsk on a Win7 64bit computer that got stuck at startup repair. Before that though, I was looking around, the damage seems to be the windows files got messed up after an update. My computer data was intact when I looked around booted through a recovery cd and I checked again via a ubuntu live cd. My question is that the chkdsk d: /f apparently stopped in the middle and gave the following message:

An unspecified error occurred <6672732e637878>
Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50

What does that mean? Is it terrible? I just restarted the chkdsk anyway and as of now, it is finding less unreadable segments, but is there a risk of data loss?

A:chkdsk - "An unspecified error occurred <6672732e637878>"

Also before this, I attempted to sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=d:\windows and sfc /scannow when the first command didn't work. I also tried following the instructions here (Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery) but the numbers were off in SAM and one other one, Default I think.

If the chkdsk doesn't work, would the only option be a clean sweep? and is there a way that I can get a list of programs that I have saved on my computer (like how I could retrieve documents from Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console

Edit: Looking some more in the forums, my list of actions most closely resemble the advice of this thread SFC error - Windows Resource Protection could not perform...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/225944-chkdsk-unspecified-error-occurred-6672732e637878.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi
When I right click on the desktop and click Personalize, I get an "Unspecified error" from explorer.exe.

I think am having the same problem as
explorer.exe unspecified error ?????!!!!
I tried the sfc but it found no errors. And no, Personalize is not showing in the Control Panel.

There was an article on the Micorsoft site that said you get this error if you have disabled Personalize from Control Panel. I haven't done that. Just to be sure I went to gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel and disabled "Show only specified Control Panel items"
Still the problem persists.

I think the problem might have started due to CCleaner, as mentioned in the linked thread. Can't be sure though, just guessing.

Any help will be appreciated.

A:"Unspecified Error" from Explorer.exe when I click Personalize

I would try to do a repair install from a Win 7 DVD, do you have one?
My post here may be of some help (different issue I know) # 4
WINDOWS EXPLORER not responding. Whole PC unresponsive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291763-unspecified-error-explorer-exe-when-i-click-personalize.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi

I had Vista home premium installed on a PC, it got infected with Malware so I had to do a clean install, I did this following a format.

I installed SP1 then went to install SP2 but the install did not run, instead I got an error box saying "Unspecified Error" there was no error number.

I went thorough the whole process again including downloading the SP2 install file again but I got the same error.

This PC has only one hard drive and is not yet connected to the internet.

Hopefully I can get some help with this.

Reagrds

Daniel

A:Vista SP2 Install failed "Unspecified Error"

Hi

Problem solved, I found a 20G partition on my hard drive that must have had recovery software on it, I formatted that partition and SP2 is now installing.

Cheers

Daniel

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292758-vista-sp2-install-failed-unspecified-error.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I have never used windows movie maker on my "XP" computer before but recently had an interest to check it out. I clicked on the icon and an error box pops up with the message "Unspecified Error" and will not open. Is there anyway I can fix it so that I can use this program?

A:Windows Movie Maker (XP) "Unspecified Error"

Windows Movie Maker is part of the Windows Live Essentials program. Try downloading Windows Live Essentials again and reinstall it.:
Windows Essentials - Download Windows Live Essentials

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-movie-maker-xp-unspecified-error-673270.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am getting an Unspecified error message when Iolo Personal Firewall searches for installed promgs to add to program policies. I have tried uninstaling downloading a replacement copy and install it and the same problem occurs. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iolo-personal-firewall-unspecified-error.811275/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi - chkdsk "unspecified chkdsk error" windows xp always checks the disk on startup - tries to repair something on c deleting file record segment - at step from crashes with the messsage quot an unspecified error has occured quot - i tried to boot with the original xp cd and run chkdsk from console but i still receive the same error - i tried Norton Disk Doctor but the only thing it can do it to make chkdsk run at the next startup - i checked the disk with a maxtor utility thorough check no bad sectors - i tried quot less vigorous check quot with chkdsk chkdsk f i c - same unspecified error but this time at step from - there is an chkdsk "unspecified error" windows xp identical bug in win k but chkdsk "unspecified error" windows xp no solution for winxp When you run chkdsk "unspecified error" windows xp the Chkdsk utility on a volume that is formatted with the NTFS file system if a security descriptor stream is greater than gigabytes GB you may receive the following error message CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of An unspecified error occurred http support microsoft com default aspx kbid extra clues - a lost clusters folder found from my hdd cannot be deleted the file or directory is corrupt and unreadable THANKS if someone can help i would really appreciate nbsp

Relevancy 96.75%

quot an unspecified error occurred during system restore x ffff quot I made a restore disk on my bit win desktop for my bit win laptop because windows stopped loading Now when I try different restore points I get the same problem Should I make a new disk What else could during unspecified restore. Error system.." occurred "An error during I try Post about original problem Quote I have a normal stock dell Error during restore. "An unspecified error occurred during system.." desktop with windows I borrowed my grandmothers laptop It is an Acer Aspire Z- w an Intel Processor Last night after trying to install some files to make some cheat programs I use Error during restore. "An unspecified error occurred during system.." for an online game I have loaded same programs x on other computers so I doubt its related to the programs themselves One thing I did do was try to delete Error during restore. "An unspecified error occurred during system.." a winhttp dll file in system or the WOW one for bit computers Forget the folders name and replace it with another one Directions for the cheats said to make sure that winhttp dll was in sys and while trying to do that windows would not let me so I read somewere that there is a program that lets you quot take ownership of a file quot so you can override permissions I then took ownership of sys and maybe the bit folder as well It still did not let me replace any files in sys so I then restarted and when windows opened again desktop loaded then an error message came up then it restarted itself and repeated but after the second time it restarted itself windows would not load After the Acer manufacture screen just the blank black screen with the blinking line I have tried everything cant seem to figure out how to even get it to open in safe mode Only thing I can think of would be to use the restore disk which I dont have Is there a way to legally make a restore disk on another PC to be used on the broken laptop And does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong from the info I provided

A:Error during restore. "An unspecified error occurred during system.."

Lost &

You have started three theads.
You talk about three PC's.
Are you trying repair all three?

Boot into safemode from the command Prompt? Possible?
Making a recovery disk for another computer? & File Ownership of Sys32
Error during restore. "An unspecified error occurred during system.."

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/204161-error-during-restore-unspecified-error-occurred-during-system.html
Relevancy 95.46%

When I press the key "E" (whilst holding down the "Window" key on my keyboard) -Windows Explorer should appear with a "C:drive" icon.
A few weeks ago - instead of the C:drive icon - I started getting a little screen with "Explorer.EXE" wording at the top L/H corner and the "Unspecified error" message in the middle.
Of course I can reach the C:drive icon by going to "Start" - "Computer"...
But the sudden appearance of this error message is irritating.
Any suggestion of remedy ???

A:Explorer.EXE ("Unspecified error" ??)

Any feedback on this one - I've just started suffering it, too

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/explorer-exe-unspecified-error-457740.html
Relevancy 95.46%

With my continuing efforts to assist my brother in tailoring his new ThinkPad X Yoga laptop I've recently Office "Fighting 2016 Post-Installed 2010 Office Pre-Installed With" discovered an unexpected problem relating to Microsoft Office and specifically at this point with Word As indicated in this post's title his laptop came with Office pre-installed Subsequently Office was installed by his I T staff to eliminate the extra expense of leasing via Office or purchasing activating the resident Office code But Windows seems determined to make using Office unnecessarily difficult Specifically regarding Word with docx associated with this version whenever one clicks on a docx document Windows pops up a message stating something like this is a rough paraphrase I can't recall the exact wording quot This application cannot run on your Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 PC Please go to the Microsoft store to find an application that will work with this file quot However docx files open easily from within Word Being curious I'm all for understanding the how's why's and wherefor's of this seeming impediment but I don't want to unduly burden any readers respondents with an explanation I'd be happy just to learn how to Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 correct this situation i e to be able to click on a docx file and have it open within Word Perhaps it's necessary to uninstall Office It might be Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 preferable to find another solution in the event my brother may at some point want to go ahead and start using Office Is there a way to accomplish this without doing a total Office uninstall I appreciate whatever ideas you could send my way Thanks Thri From looking at my brother's system it appears that Outlook is no longer necessarily included in the Office suite of products Is that correct Perhaps same with OneNote I recently downloaded for free OneNote onto my brother's computer Upon searching for the executables exe files I found them within a Microsoft Office folder Hmm kind of wonder why it's not called Microsoft Office

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62545-pre-installed-office-2016-fighting-post-installed-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Every time I exit Overlord I get Send/Don't Send error with modname "ntdll.dll". A mate of mine has the same error.
ps: is is normal that Windows XP has so many errors?

A:WHen exiting Overlord I get Send/Don't Send error with modname "ntdll.dll"

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, what is Overlord? Am I right in thinking its a game?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-exiting-overlord-i-get-send-dont-send-error-with-modname-ntdll-dll.843087/
Relevancy 94.6%

when I try to email a page I get "operation failed". This happens whenever I try to send a web page or file of any kind. I just get an "operation failed" error. Was working but now it its not.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-to-funtion-not-working-in-office-oulook-2003.769360/
Relevancy 93.31%

Folks I did a Panda Scan recommended by one of the experts on this forum and it reported that it found some infected containing malicious code computer? worm one's automatically send Can email "Exploit-ByteVerify" from Java applets files on my system I then did a Google search for this worm quot Exploit-ByteVerify quot and found the following article http vil nai com vil content v htm which seems to suggest that this vulnerability Can "Exploit-ByteVerify" worm automatically send email from one's computer? can cause malicious code to run on one s machine and that it affects Outlook Express this is the Can "Exploit-ByteVerify" worm automatically send email from one's computer? mail agent from which all of my returned junk mail is apparently coming from I then took the following actions i Went to the following Microsoft page to read up on this and updated my Microsoft VM build to I had installed http www Can "Exploit-ByteVerify" worm automatically send email from one's computer? microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin MS - asp This is supposed to plug the vulnerability ii I did not install Microsofts Extended Email Security Patch for Outlook in Win K described below http office microsoft com Downloads Out ksec aspx because it seems to prevent one from getting all sorts of normal extension files and is an irreversible process The questions I now have are the following i I assume one would still have to delete fix the files Panda found I hadn t selected automatic fix in the first round ii Does anyone know how to check if infected email is going out of one s system I certainly don t have any emails in the Sent folder of my Outlook Express but then the description of the problem pointed out that the worm may create it s own process to do so The reason I suspect this may not be an email hijack is because it seems to be taking addresses from emails in my Outlook folder rather than my Address book because some emails are to outdated addresses that aren t in my Addressbook any longer but there are emails with those addresses in my folders iii Has anyone installed the Extended Outlook security patch What is your experience with it iv Apparently Norton AV does not have this virus on its list of viruses found within their software nor is there any info about it on their web site Anyone know what that is I m getting increasingly disillusioned with Norton AV do others have a similar experience Not sure I m getting my money s worth purchasing the upgrated Norton AV Professional edition that I just bought Any help will be greatly appreciated -Vishal PS The log from Panda is attached Log from a Panda Scan Incident Status Location Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file BlackBox class- ffce- dd b class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file VerifierBug class- b f - c a class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file VerifierBug class- cf - d a class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file VerifierBug class- d e - e ff class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file BlackBox class- b - d f class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file Dummy class- e e e- d e b c class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file VerifierBug class- c - a bff class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file BlackBox class- c - c class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file Dummy class-d fefdc- ea f class Exploit ByteVerify No disinfected C Documents and Settings vsharma METANOIA jpi cache file VerifierBug class- dcb - d class Exploit ByteVerify No disinf... Read more

A:Can "Exploit-ByteVerify" worm automatically send email from one's computer?

Hi Folks,

Wondering if any of the experts has a thought on this
note?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-exploit-byteverify-worm-automatically-send-email-from-ones-computer.157887/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey everybody,
Thank you for the help in advance. I have my computer set to hotmail as my server when I want to send an email link to a page I am on. My address book does not automatically fill in when I address the sendee. How do I do this, and/or how do I change it to gmail, where I believe, (whether correctly or not,) that the address book will populate when I type the first few letters of the sendee's address? Thanks again for your expertise. Nike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-do-i-change-my-email-server-on-the-drop-down-menu-for-send-link-274345.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Does anyone know why quot send page by email quot is greyed out in Internet Explorer This add-on is installed and enabled in IE but it still will not work I normally use Firefox and even though I read a few bad reviews about it's Email the Web add-on I went ahead and installed it because there is no alternative now for the newest update for Firefox because the quot Send Page by Email quot is why out "send by 8? page Internet in greyed email" Explorer Firefox add-on isn't yet compatible with the newest Firefox update it appears that I'll have to install Safari to use the built-in send page by email feature Though Internet Explorer comes with a quot send page by email quot add-on pre-installed it does not seem work anymore even though it s quot send page by email quot add-on is enabled the option is still grayed-out and inaccessible under file The Email the Web add-on for Firefox installs and has a nice interface button as well as the file menu choice but that s where the good things end and the problems start The initial interface is a bit cumbersome then it takes me to a webpage to log-in to a Google account and if I don t already have a Google account I have to jump through all the hoops to create one then I must be logged in to that anytime I want to send a webpage by why is "send page by email" greyed out in Internet Explorer 8? email then instead of working with my default email app I need to enter email addresses manually unless I have a gmail account to import addresses from then after the minutes that it takes to get through all that why is "send page by email" greyed out in Internet Explorer 8? mess the topper is that it tells me that it sent the webpage with minimal formatting then the page shows up on an email all jacked up even if I sent a YouTube page it is messed up and sometimes doesn t even show the screen where a video is supposed to play ironic since the Email the Web add-on for Firefox is driven by Google who owns YouTube I like Google but this is a poor effort at trying to advertise one more way that just interferes with and destroys what used to be a simple built-in feature in Firefox and Internet Explorer I guess just to send a webpage by email I ll need to install Safari on this PC I like Firefox why is "send page by email" greyed out in Internet Explorer 8? and how it has all the features that one can add but for this simple common feature it looks like Safari is the only way to go since Firefox has left it out and the feature doesn t seem to work at all in Internet Explorer Does anyone know what the problem might be with IE 's send page by email feature Thanks digiday

A:why is "send page by email" greyed out in Internet Explorer 8?

digiday,
See if either of these help you -

*In IE / TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/ADVANCED and Hit the RESET button.
This returns IE to it's original state!

*Go to TOOLS /INTERNET OPTIONS /PROGRAMS Tab /INTERNET PROGRAMS /SET PROGRAMS /SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND COMPUTER DEFAULTS / CUSTOM /CHOOSE A DEFAULT EMAIL PROGRAM / and select your email program there. Make sure "Enable access to this program" is checked.

Let us know how you go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/125123-why-send-page-email-greyed-out-internet-explorer-8-a.html
Relevancy 92.88%

IE8 "Send Link (and Pictures) by Email" Function No Longer Works.

I have had this issue using other Operating Systems as well. I've had this issue using Firefox as well as different versions of Outlook (Express, Mail and now 2007)

I believe the IE/Outlook link gets broken after I ran ASC (Advanced System Care).

Is this an Internet Explorer issue or an issue with Outlook ?

How do I fix this issue ?

A:IE8 "Send Link by Email" Function No Longer Works...

Since you mentioned that you used advanced system care, I think that is causing the problem, turn it off. I would not use it in the future.

The only protection that you need, and toavoid many problems, is Microsoft Security Essentials. and Malwarebytes.You do not need anything else.

Just use the protection I have named and do the routine, easy maintenace.

If you need help just ask.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/61582-ie8-send-link-email-function-no-longer-works.html
Relevancy 92.88%

When I try to send a link or page by email in internet explorer, it does nothing. I have check to see if outlook is default, it is. I have change to Windows Mail to check if it is a problem with Outlook and Windows Mail does not work either. Any ideas how to fix this??

A:Internet Explorer " Send Link by Email problem"

Hello and welcome to TSF

Do you have these problems in any other browsers? Please try one of the below (both are free):

Firefox
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/
Opera
http://www.opera.com/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-send-link-by-email-problem-233358.html
Relevancy 92.88%

IE6 upgraded to IE8
XP SP2

When attempting to "send link" or "send page" via email, IE6 and IE8 (upgraded to 8 in an attempt to resolve problem) produce error message stating that I need to set Outlook or Outlook Express as the default mail client. I use Thunderbird and have set IE to Thunderbird in Tools/Options as the mail client. Still, IE will not open Thunderbird when attempting to send a URL. Had this problem with IE6 and IE8 after upgrade.

Ideas?

A:IE6 & IE8: Will not open Thunderbird when attempting to "send link" via email

Ideas...anyone?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie6-and-ie8-will-not-open-thunderbird-when-attempting-to-send-link-via-email-391946.html
Relevancy 92.88%

In my IE8, the "Send Link by Email" Function No Longer Works.

What do I need to do to fix it ?

TIA

Easy Fix... Do the following:

1. Click the start (orb) bottom left of your computer screen
2. Click "Default Programs"
3. Click "Associate a file type or protocol with a program"
4. Scroll down until you see "MAILTO" on the left side of your screen
5. Highlight or click "MAIL TO" (near the bottom of the list in all caps)
6. Click "Change Program" (upper right of same box)
7. Now you will see your choices of email programs, select the one you want to use and you are now all set.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/267510-ie8-send-link-email-function-no-longer-works.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hello Thanks in Advance for anyone who can shed light on this for me I have had a few emails recently that have quot bounced quot back as undeliverable that I didn t write send I think I read that this could be a worm virus that is sending out emails using my email address I typically that didn't back "undeliverable" I that email bounced send do not download attachments and never download them from an unknown source or without scanning for a "undeliverable" email that bounced back that I didn't send virus All of my software for viruses is up to date I am copy pasting the email below Can someone let me know if you can tell which virus worm whatever I may have and let me know what to do to remove Stacey The original message was received at Mon May - from kpt-c- "undeliverable" email that bounced back that I didn't send - - - chartertn net ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- lt email protected gt expanded from lt "undeliverable" email that bounced back that I didn't send email protected gt ----- Transcript of session follows ----- mail local unknown name jdfin lt email protected gt User unknown Message delivery-status Reporting-MTA dns mx chartertn net Received-From-MTA DNS kpt-c- - - - chartertn net Arrival-Date Mon May - Final-Recipient RFC lt email protected gt X-Actual-Recipient RFC email protected Action failed Status Last-Attempt-Date Mon May - Forwarded Message Save to my Yahoo Briefcase Download File From email protected To email protected Subject Yep Date Sun May - Plain Text Attachment Download File Save to my Yahoo Briefcase do not give up Attachment portmoney txt scr scr file Scan and Download Attachment Scan and Save to my Yahoo Briefcase nbsp

A:"undeliverable" email that bounced back that I didn't send

Hello Sda, You may well have no problem. Returned mail that you haven't sent is common, just delete. However, if your machine shows any other strange behavior ---post a Hijackthis log and help will be there. I have had this happen before and , my machine is clean. If you have a doubt--machine running slow--or other problems--there are folks here to help.Hope this is of help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/undeliverable-email-that-bounced-back-that-i-didnt-send.226240/
Relevancy 92.88%

TIA

Quote: Originally Posted by Katmandu

TIA

Hi Katmandu, Welcome to SF,

First we need some info. What E-mail program are you using Outlook or Windows Mail ?? Which Domain are you using like Yahoo, G-mail etc.

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/58067-ie8-send-link-email-function-no-longer-works.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I'm having a major problem with excel sending an attachment as and email.
I go to send email and it opens up a new message with the worksheet attached. Above the send button it says "this message has not been sent."
Next I select the person it is going to...and hit send.
The email box never closes and the message still says, "this message has not been sent."
But the email goes through to the person. The issue is that you really don't know if it sent because the box does not close or say it has sent.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-send-email-message-has-not-been-sent.749286/
Relevancy 92.45%

Excel 2007 Send email "message has not been Sent"
I'm having a major problem with excel sending an attachment as and email.
I go to send email and it opens up a new message with the worksheet attached. Above the send button it says "this message has not been sent."
Next I select the person it is going to...and hit send.
The email box never closes and the message still says, "this message has not been sent."
But the email goes through to the person. The issue is that you really don't know if it sent because the box does not close or say it has sent.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2007-send-email-message-has-not-been-sent.767981/
Relevancy 92.45%

Dell Q6600, 2.4GHZ, 3.00GB RAM, Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad, ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Hauppage WinTV-HVR 1800, Office Enterprise, Dell SP2208WFP. Actual example. Open ESPN. Try to select "Page/Send Link by Email". IE7.0 freezes...nothing but ping ping ping when you try to X out....and Outlook will not open. Have to do a hardboot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie7-0-page-send-link-by-email-freezes-316541.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a W7 32bit laptop and I do not have MS Office installed. I have been using Hotmail until a couple weeks ago when I was "converted" to outlook.com email - which I like OK. When I'm using a browser - IE9 in this case - and when I click on "send link as" or "send page as", it launches Windows Live Mail and puts me in a WLM output email. I would instead like it to launch me into outlook.com and an outlook.com output email. How can I do this - or can't it be done at all?

If I've posted to the wrong board plz let me know which board to post it to.
Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Outlook.com vs. WLM when "send link as" or "send page as" is clicked

How to Make Windows Live Hotmail Your Default Email Program - About Email

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/253383-outlook-com-vs-wlm-when-send-link-send-page-clicked.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Hi,

Bought an Acer Aspire a few weeks ago, haven't used it much.
I installed the operating system that was supplied with the notepad (XP home edition) which I think was really more of a recovery disc than a XP disc.
I installed a few programmes like Office, MusicMatch, and a few other well-known ones. Nothing dodgy!

But now when I leave it for a few minutes, multiple windows start popping up with "unspecifed error" (and that's about all it says) and you can only get rid of it by pressing ok until all the "ok" buttons in all the windows have been pressed. (You have to be pretty quick too!)

I saw another post (unanswered) in another forum, where the guy had the same problem, and had an Acer Travelmate. Is it an Acer thing?

Any ideas?

Peter

A:"unspecified error"

Try booting into Safe Mode and see if the problem occurs. To access it power on the PC or reboot and depress F8 after the hardware is listed.

If the problem does not occur within Safe Mode a Startup application or service may be causing the problem. You can disable them by running MSCONFIG and selecting the Startup tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unspecified-error.376718/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello and yes another one of this Although I know absolutely nothing of VBA this "Send Please script date" email fix when due :( me help I ve read about a dozen topics on the subject on techguy and other communities in an attempt to figure out something a way to do it I found the script that was the most likely to work in my case analyzed it switched the Please help me fix this "Send email when due date" script :( references cells and so on I think I am getting close to something functional alas I fear it is as far as my knowledge and Trials amp Errors goes I ll be forever grateful if someone can fix this for me I ll even donate to Tech Support Guy with a mention of your glorious name I am using Excel in English Windows and Outlook Attached is the fruit of all my efforts I am looking to make a task tracker that will email me should a task approach its due date yes I know that sheet will have to remain opened it isn t an issue Many thanks and best regards LordAzuRa nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-fix-this-send-email-when-due-date-script.1164897/
Relevancy 90.3%

"Patch Tuesday" broke our install of Outlook 365. It was working fine on Monday and on Tuesday it was hanging on "Processing." So I restored back to the last restore point before the update and it worked great after that. Yesterday it re-installed the updates, and again Outlook didn't load. Restoring again today "fixed" it. Now it wants to update again, so I will disable updates until the problem is fixed. I don't know which particular "patch" is causing the problem; there were about 22 of them that installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/391363-outlook-2016-hangs-processing-after-windows-7-update-feb-9-2016-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Email Hacked I Keep Getting Return Titled quot Mail Delivery Failure quot I suspect that someone has hijacked my Email and used it to deliver spam Failure" Hacked? Email Return "Mail Keep Titled Delivery Getting I get the return titled quot Mail Delivery System-Mail Delivery Failure quot so I have to assume that someone is using me to send out MANY spam messages I just get back the undeliverable ones but I'm getting - of these daily Does anyone have any advice as to how I can kill this program I use Malwarebytes Superantispyware Advanced System Care I have Email Hacked? Keep Getting Return Titled "Mail Delivery Failure" Avira and Zone Alarm This is an example of what I get I've removed my Email addy and the spam that is always included at the bottom work at home-type Email Hacked? Keep Getting Return Titled "Mail Delivery Failure" spam Thanks for any thoughts This message was created automatically by the mail system ecelerity A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients This is a permanent error The following address es failed gt gt gt bcm aol com after RCPT TO lt bcm aol com gt Recipient address rejected aol com ------ This is a copy of the original message including all headers ------ Return-Path lt My Email Addy gt Authentication-Results cdptpa-omtalb mail rr com smtp user lazarus gt rr com auth pass LOGIN X-Authority-Analysis v cv Dp UCRD c sm a ChyHeVI A a IkcTkHD fZMA a ayC rCoAAAA a P Iio AAAAA a k -Bwsufyp jObzRllAA a QEXdDO ut YA a ykPp CsecA a IawXvI lP MA a I Y B siD m xiaUEvqGA X-Cloudmark-Score Received from helo cdptpa-web -z by cdptpa-oedge mail rr com envelope-from lt lazarus gt rr com gt ecelerity r with ESMTPA id F - - CFF Tue Jul Message-ID lt AWJU root cdptpa-web -z gt Date Tue Jul From lt my email addy gt To bcm aol com Subject Make cash from your computer MIME-Version Content-Type text plain charset utf- Content-Transfer-Encoding bit X-Priority Normal Sensitivity Normal X-Originating-IP spam message quot Work At Home quot

A:Email Hacked? Keep Getting Return Titled "Mail Delivery Failure"

Just as an update. The "fix" turned out to be simple......I just changed my Email password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/email-hacked-keep-getting-return-titled-mail-delivery-failure-654840.html
Relevancy 89.87%

When I'm composing a new email I click on TO and the select contact box appears. It only has two columns; Name and Email Address. Is there a way to add an additional column? I'd love to view my contacts by the Company / Work option. I can easily find my contacts by the company they work for but have a much harder time trying to locate them by their name given I have over 1000 contacts.

Thanks, Airpix

A:Add columns to "Send an Email"

Quote: Originally Posted by airpix

When I'm composing a new email I click on TO and the select contact box appears. It only has two columns; Name and Email Address. Is there a way to add an additional column? I'd love to view my contacts by the Company / Work option. I can easily find my contacts by the company they work for but have a much harder time trying to locate them by their name given I have over 1000 contacts.

Thanks, Airpix

What e-mail client you are using ?

Windows Live Mail ( which year version ), Microsoft Outlook , etc etc.......

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/172216-add-columns-send-email.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I can't open any messages, opened or unopened. I have tried "repairing" Office 2013--both the quick and full repair--to no avail. 
I can send email I can open my email on my phone. And I can use Outlook Web Access to access a Microsoft account.

But I can't open it on my computer. Using Windows 8.1 HELP!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1d977d8d-7f40-4ca1-9f64-50337e5fa56c/microsoft-office-2013-pro-email-in-outlook-is-quotfrozenquot?forum=itprovistaapps
Relevancy 89.44%

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I will be out of my office for several weeks and although I will be able to leave Outlook running most of the time, I won't be able to access email, so I want to use an out of office message. However, I have never tried this using pop3 email and I can't figure out how to do this. I have looked at help inside of Outlook, but I can't seem to save my message as an Outlook template.

If anyone could set me up with some instructions I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Delta

Relevancy 87.72%

Can anyone help me with this ? i got a picture ... i cant sendto desktop as shortcut the icon is missing .. help !!

A:"Desktop As Shortcut" Command Is Missing from the "Send To" Menu

Maybe this info will help:
Send To Context Menu - Remove or Restore Default Items

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/382253-desktop-shortcut-command-missing-send-menu.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey folks My first post on here but I problem card failure a sound "meddling"... boot just "beep" tone. after Desktop m in serious trouble Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone. I got a quot new quot to me anyway desktop running XP today and found the audio hardware wasn t working So I pillaged an old machine for its sound card and inserted that onto the motherboard Also connected the Aux and CD lines to the top of the daughterboard Since then to my horror the machine has failed to boot All plugged in keyboard working screen on and being used on another box for this very post All I get now is the usual chirps from the internal soundcard followed by a few very low notes definitely depressing so I guess they re suggesting something s failed There s no further action from the CPU the fan still works but there is no screen output whatever Have I fried the motherboard without realising Also ironically the last failure tone was delivered by my speakers through the originally non-responsive audio hardware I d love a bit of help on this one because my knowledge of computers insidey bits is pretty poor Many thanks Joe nbsp

A:Desktop boot problem after sound card "meddling"... just a "beep" failure tone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-boot-problem-after-sound-card-meddling-just-a-beep-failure-tone.666097/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have a work issued laptop with my work email set up through Windows Live send ("Socket Windows Error: mail won't recieves but 10060") Mail It works fine in the office but for some reason when I work from home messages won't send over my wireless connection The quot errors Windows mail recieves but won't send ("Socket Error: 10060") quot I get are quot Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC E quot and quot Socket Error quot It's a standard Toshiba black laptop The email is a Squirrel Mail account And in properties I have the quot My server requires authentication quot option checked Forgive me but I'm not well-versed with the lingo I do more with design and editing software Again it works fine with my internet connection at work but not at home So I wonder if it maybe has something to do with my home internet Both are wireless Home is DSL through AT amp T Hopefully I can get this fixed today or I'll be forwarding emails through my personal account Fun stuff Let me know if more details are needed Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Windows mail recieves but won't send ("Socket Error: 10060")

Hi hgarcia, try sending wih your firewall disconnected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191766-windows-mail-recieves-but-wont-send-socket-error-10060-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

(Michael: If you read this by slight chance, it was a pleasure meeting you and Heather this week at the Search Engine Strategies Conference in New York. Here goes my first post

Question: How does one disable this message in XP when an application crashes?

Thank you in advance to those who reply with the solution!

Avi Wilensky

A:Disabling "Send Error Report" message in XP when applicatons crash

By default, WindowsXP will request to report application errors to Microsoft.
To turn this off:

Right click on the My Computer icon on the desktop
Select Properties / Advanced
Click on the Error Reporting tab
Check Disable error reporting

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-send-error-report-message-in-xp-when-applicatons-crash.337770/
Relevancy 86.86%

Man it's so annoying ! After about 2 minutes on internet explore a message comes up and it says somethin about sending and error report and i can click "Send error report" or "Don't Send". At first I just kept hitting don't send, but it kept coming back. I also tried sending the error report but it doesn't help! It's been hapening for about a month now. Please if anyone knows how to fix this it would help me a lot! Thanks!

Relevancy 86.86%

I am currently using eM Client (v 6.0.24928.0) with IE11 in Windows 10 Home. The File>Send>Link by Email and Page by Email are grayed out (do not function). Any idea on how to get these features to work?
eM Client is set as the default in the "Action Center" and also via the Control Panel>Default Programs>Set your default programs>"This program has all the defaults".

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19684102
Relevancy 86.86%

From the Start key, I used to be able to go to Document and then a specific file, right click and 'Send To' my default email, which is AOL. I must have changed a setting in reloading some software recently, because now it only offers me 'Mail recipient using Microsoft Outlook'. Can someone tell me how to get mail via AOL back as an option please.

A:"Send to..." email

Hi,

Just a shot in the dark, try if you've not already done so: Open Internet Explorer -> Click Tools -> Then Internet Options -> Programs -> In the E-mail box select AOL if in the drop down menu. Thats all I can think of.
Wizzkid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-to-email.199043/
Relevancy 86.86%

this is a new one it just started happening today security gives, has "This my documents risk." unspecified potential opening an page when i go to open quot my documents quot on my desktop i get the following warning message quot this page has an unspecified potential security risk would you opening my documents gives, "This page has an unspecified potential security risk." like to continue quot again i only noticed this today quot my docs quot are opening my documents gives, "This page has an unspecified potential security risk." folder redirected but that was never a problem for some months now this is why i'm not sure the folder redirection is to blame i did run windows update but i don't know if some update caused the problem any any all help will be greatly appreciated i came across this on google http www annoyances org exec m winvista t since this isn't a problem with an executable i don't see how it'll help another find http www developerfood com t b a article aspx ------------ gt Open Regedit and navigate to gt HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows Curre ntVersion Internet gt Settings Zones D gt The value for this key should be set to zero by default --------- the setting is already set to i also came across this http libinfo uark edu systems problemviewall asp someone had something similar and was told not to worry about it - that it was some certificate issue ---------------- gt Whenever I click on the shortcut to My Documents I get the message gt quot This page has an unspecified potential security risk Would you like gt to continue quot this message started coming up right after my computer gt was migrated I have tried moving all the files out of the my doc gt folder to see if that was the problem but the message keeps coming up gt TG Don't worry about it CS has an expired security certificate they gt need to fix It's nothing to be concerned with --------------------

A:opening my documents gives, "This page has an unspecified potential security risk."

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Your links were no good so I cannot tell what you have tried yet.
Have you looked over these?
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX112996
http://blogx.co.uk/ViewItem.asp?Entry=598

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/opening-my-documents-gives-this-page-has-an-unspecified-potential-security-risk-169565.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey guys, I have Windows 8, and I get this error when I try to send a message:
"We can't send a message at the moment."

Screenshot of it: http://thetechrishab.com/scap/0013930.png

Please help me. When I try to click the "New Message" button (screenshot: http://thetechrishab.com/scap/0014331.png) I see no friends, this is the screenshot: (http://thetechrishab.com/scap/0012533.png)

I know that I have connected all my friends from Facebook. But why does this happen? Why can't I send message, or see friends who are online?

Please help me.

-TheTechRishab
Welcome! | The Tech Rishab

A:Messaging Error ("We can't send a message at the moment")

Are you behind a firewall that might be blocking messages? Such as a work or school computer?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/17953-messaging-error-we-cant-send-message-moment.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I m trying to help someone with their Windows machine They 1018 and under in listed Laserjet stopped "Unspecified" working; Printers HP Devices told me that there were a lot of updates that were recently applied and I m wondering if one of them was an optional driver update provided from Microsoft for his printer When you go into Devices and Printers the HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers printer is shown but it isn t considered a printer with the icon for it falling under quot Unspecified quot see HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers attached screenshot I ve seen BSOD s HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers result from drivers for wireless adapters and video cards that were delivered via Windows update before so the first thing I tried was to go to HP s website and download the basic driver from their website a very small download Installation appeared to be successful and for a moment appeared to fix the problem because a queued print job started to print But when we tried to print something else the system said there were no printers installed to use again Also for a brief moment the printer as well as a couple of other soft printers like the Fax option and Microsoft s PDF maker knockoff can t remember what it s called did appear for a minute with the green check mark over the correct printer icon It looked like it was fixed for about a minute but then reverted back to what you see in the screenshot without any interaction from us So it seems sort of like a driver issue but perhaps there s some service crashing in the background I don t know Any ideas nbsp

A:HP Laserjet 1018 stopped working; listed under "Unspecified" in Devices and Printers

I don't have any trouble shooting ideas on this. Might be best to just delete it and then install it from scratch--using the latest installation package from HP's site if there is one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laserjet-1018-stopped-working-listed-under-unspecified-in-devices-and-printers.1014762/
Relevancy 86.43%

Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!!

Thanks for help!

A:Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

Hello Newuser015,

This may be able to help with that.

Pin to Start Menu - Add or Remove from Context Menu in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Send to - Add or Remove from Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/37177-cant-remove-send-pin-start-context-menu.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a Sony Vaio Notebook running a Windows XP (Pro) operating system.
The Notebook cotains 2 drives. A "C" drive and a "D" drive.
I would like to add the "D" drive letter to the drop down menu of the "Send To" button.
Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you very much.

A:add a "drive letter" to the "send to" drop down list

Place a shortcut to the drive (or folder) you want to be the target in c:\Documents and Settings\"Your User Name"\SendTo folder. That is the directory from which the Send To menu is loaded. I'm looking at a win2000 system and the XP location may be slightly different but it's somewhere in there. If you put the shortcut in the "Default User" folder then whenever you create a new user, that user will have the same option.

Welcome to TSG -- stay a while.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-a-drive-letter-to-the-send-to-drop-down-list.224669/
Relevancy 86.43%

How can I add "send to" menu in "Windows Photo Viewer"

A:How can I add "send to" menu in "Windows Photo Viewer"

If you close Windows Photo Viewer, and right click the photo, you can choose Send To... but not from within WPV

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-can-i-add-send-to-menu-in-windows-photo-viewer-702892.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I was copying cut and paste data from one external hard drive a GB IDE Maxtor in a Adaptec USB enclosure to another external a GB IDE Samsung in a Roswill USB enclosure During the move During this move my Thinkpad T p encountered a NMI Parity error to which I m still unsure what caused it though I think it may have been my Dock II screwing stuff up I did memtest times over and my memory passed so I am assuming its my Dock II ANYWAYS So the NMI Parity error "Hard Catastrophic is dawn" Failure" or Drive before night darkest "The was a blue screen and I restarted the computer After the restart I noticed the Maxtor external hard drive was missing from my drive list and in disk management it show as an uninitialized disk Okay no biggie I ve dealt with this before I tried using GetDataBack for NTFS that failed to recover Also failed were Active Partition recovery Data Doctor Recovery File Recovery Restorer TestDisk and ZAR I m guessing my Master File Table is trashed and I can t recover it Does anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:"Hard Drive Catastrophic Failure" or "The night is darkest before dawn"

Zar should have recovered it (if the data is recoverable)
Also (you may already realize this now) in future Copy and paste

More recovery tools here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-catastrophic-failure-or-the-night-is-darkest-before-dawn.113336/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello TSG Just yesterday I was using the computer normally until I got a Blue Screen Getting a blue screen is usually something normal that occurs to my every so often so I didn t mind it and rebooted the computer normally Disk not 1 Solved: found" and problem "Drive "Floppy Failure" However I got two more blue screens within the next hour The rd time rebooting my computer starts to act strange as if it had a virus Upon powering up the monitor would just display a black screen with two lines about something --- which I don t remember sorry --- and stayed like that unless I plugged out the power cord or held on the power button to shut down Then when after a few tries it boots and displays a message quot Floppy Disk Failure quot and quot Drive not found Serial ATA SATA- quot and the same message for Drives and show up Also it asks me to continue loading by pressing the F Key When Windows loads the first time it displays a message saying a bunch of hardware has just been installed and ready for use Also Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem my internal clock resetted itself back to Monday November Which if I recall is the date when I got the computer and my speakers do not work TL Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem DR Version Solved: "Floppy Disk Failure" and "Drive 1 not found" problem blue screens within a short time Floppy disk fail Drivers - not found Serial ATA SATA- - Anyway I browsed through Google but I haven t seen anyone with both problems I disabled my Floppy Disk Drive and that message doesn t show up anymore but the others do and my computer still isn t fixed I ran a virus scan over night but I woke up to a black screen I use avast Antivirus with COMODO Firewall Is this a virus Is this because my hardware is old Here are the Specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon X X X Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc X CN G WL Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

I have recently developed this annoyance concerning restoring zip files from VSS on my Vista x64 SP1 Box. When I right-click on any zip file within a VSS share I get the message "This page has an unspecified potential security Would you like to continue?". It only does this with zips. What caused this and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance

A:"This page has an unspecified potential security risk"

You can try this, good luck!

Windows Fixes: Windows XP Problem: "Your current security settings do not allow this action"

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/167554-page-has-unspecified-potential-security-risk.html
Relevancy 86%

My system crashed recently and I have had to restore everything. I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and was able to restore my PST file from a backup I had using the genie backup product. All my files and folders are now restored.

When I click on the send/receive button, I get this message "The operation failed. An object could not be found"

I deleted my email setup account (I'm downloading from my att account) and re set it up using the instructions on the att site. I also ran the 'repair' function off the Office CD and did the Office diagnostics.

Any suggestions?

A:Solved: Outlook 2007 wont send/receive - error message "operation failed"

Can you give us the exact message.
Are you saying you did a clean install where you formatted and partitioned the drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-2007-wont-send-receive-error-message-operation-failed.781581/
Relevancy 86%

This has happened after I upgraded to Windows The help I = cannot failure Excel MS email Word MAPI or from 2010 section tells me to associate Word amp Excel with a mail program but doesn't tell me how to do that I am using Windows I cannot email from MS Word or Excel 2010 = MAPI failure mail app I know I can go into settings to associate files with programs but I don't know what files to associate with what program I can't find another free email program that works well with Windows Their own mail app has a lot of problems Can anyone help me out TOSHIBA LAPTOP SPECS SYSTEM MODEL Toshiba Satellite L D PSK OU-OOGOOP System Serial B R OPERATING SYSTEM Windows Home x Version Build IE Version CO Chrome Version m Boot Mode Legacy BIOS in UEFI Secure boot not supported MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD Board Pegatron Corporation TKBSS Bus Clock MHz UEFI American Megatrends Inc PROCESSOR Gigahertz AMD A - OOM APU with Radeon HD graphics Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon TM HD G primary memory cache secondary memory cache bit ready BIOS Version BIOS Part Number BR bin BIOS Date DRIVES GB Capacity hard drive GB hard drive free HGST HARD DRIVE - K - - TB S N P B D F RPM P N H T S SATA G S TYPE TSTSAF P N W J MLCA HL-DT STBDDVDRW CT F Optical Drive PCI to USBhost controller x Standard open HCD USB host Controller x MEMORY MODULES GB RAM LOCAL DRIVE VOLUMES C NTSF on drive GB CONTROLLERS ATA Channel ATA Channel Standard dual channel PCI IDE Controller Standard SATA AHCI Controller BUS ADAPTERS MS Storage spaces controller Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host DISPLAY AMD Radeon HD G Display Adapter Generic PnP monitor vis MULTIMEDIA AMD HD Audio Device Realtek HD Audio Microphone Realtek HD Audio Speakers Realtek HD Audio Toshiba Web Camera MP OTHER DEVICES MS AC Adapter MS ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device x HID-Compliant Wireless Radio Controls Toshiba Hotkey Driver Standard PS Keyboard Synaptics PS Port Touchpad Mouse Send to OneNote MS Device Association Root Enumerator MS GS Wavetable Synth MS IPv IPv Transition Adapter Bus MS Radio Device Enumeration Bus MS RRAS Root Enumerator USB Composite Device USB Root Hub x Generic Volume Shadow Copy WIRELESS NETWORKCONNECTION Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Teredo Tunneling Psuedo-Interface PRINTERS HP Envy All-in-One D Series HP Officejet Pro All-in-One ANTI-VIRIS PROTECTION Norton Norton Anti Virus Version

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45732-i-cannot-email-ms-word-excel-2010-mapi-failure.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have been getting the BSOD since a few weeks and found out by trial and error that a USB-hub is causing the problem. Whenever I disconnect the hub before I shut off the computer I do not get the blue screen.
Yesterday I also got a BSOD that mentioned driver power state failure. After I had de-installed Ubuntu 10.04 (I wanted to see what people are talking about but did not really like it) that problem did not show up again, although I do not know if that is just coincidence.

I have enclosed the dump files as per your instructions and hope that somebody will be able to help me.
Thank you.

A:BSOD with "usbhub.sys" and "driver power state failure"

Welcome!

It does look as if your USB drivers are causing the issue.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16539.x86fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Wed Apr 28 03:41:32.255 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:47.502
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9482319c, ad39bb40, ad39b720}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for libusb0.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Probably caused by : libusb0.sys ( libusb0+428c )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 03:46:15.009 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.272
BugCheck 124, {0, 8752f544, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon May 10 05:22:31.146 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:23.393
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9444b19c, adb53b40, adb53720}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for libusb0.sys
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:04:28.103 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:08.365
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 863e9798, 83943b24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sun May 9 16:35:12.200 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:06.447
BugCheck 9F, {4, 258, 86403020, 8396ab24}
Probably caused by : WUDFRd.sys ( WUDFRd!RdDevice::MarkForDelete+15 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
Debug session time: Sat May 8 08:41:03.887 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:47:33.010
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467919c, b3f10b40, b3f10720}
Debug session time: Sat May 1 18:44:19.351 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 14:50:58.598
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9443619c, adf69b40, adf69720}
Debug session time: Thu Apr 29 04:59:54.140 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:25:46.402
BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 9467f19c, ad7d9b40, ad7d9720}
Debug session time: Tue Apr 27 18:42:43.646 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:02:53.908
BugCheck 7E, {c0000005, 9442a19c, afaf7b40, afaf7720}
Probably cau... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83880-bsod-usbhub-sys-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 85.14%

IE9 is set as default. ( I also have Firefox, but rarely used and not set as default.)
Windows Live Mail is set as default.
Start > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a pogram > MailTo ... Current Default is Windows Live Mail

In IE9, the " Send page by e-mail " and the " Send link by e-mail " are grayed out.
Same situation under Page.

Just did the virus scan with Malwarebytes..... clean.
Sfc /scannow ... no integrety violations.
Removed temp files etc etc with CCleaner.

Any solutions ?

A:" Send page by e-mail " and the " Send link by e-mail " are grayed out

Quote: Originally Posted by t-4-2

IE9 is set as default. ( I also have Firefox, but rarely used and not set as default.)
Windows Live Mail is set as default.
Start > Default Programs > Associate a file type or protocol with a pogram > MailTo ... Current Default is Windows Live Mail

In IE9, the " Send page by e-mail " and the " Send link by e-mail " are grayed out.
Same situation under Page.

Just did the virus scan with Malwarebytes..... clean.
Sfc /scannow ... no integrety violations.
Removed temp files etc etc with CCleaner.

Any solutions ?

Forgot to mention this....

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/181013-send-page-e-mail-send-link-e-mail-grayed-out.html
Relevancy 84.71%

In Word and Excel, when you type "2000", the program automatically changes it to "2001". I have tried changing the regional date system to .../yyyy, with no avail. I have many workstations, and this is the only one with the problem. I also tried re-installing the program, but nothing seems to work.

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello,
I recently encountered a sudden blue screened error message with the following error that was suggested to research: "Power_Driver_State_Failure". I have only seen the error once thus far, but I fear that I may see it again at some point. It forced a restart, and the rebooting process was rather slow.
My operating system is Windows 8.1, and I have a Lenovo Y510p ideapad (nearly 9 months old).
Is this a significant error? Is there any way to prevent it from returning again?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
~Trav.~

Relevancy 84.28%

Hey guys Recently my computer's been having an infinite reboot issue so I looked on various websites on how to fix said problem Each website I went to directed me towards the alt F method but whenever I try to use this method it says quot Please wait a moment quot for about - minutes then gives me an error report saying quot ERROR failed to copy napp exe to ram quot So far I've Tried to reset my CMOS to "ERROR: Alt+F10 Failure Aspire Acer copy to ram" napp7.exe failed to - default did not work Tried to go to Advanced Boot Options laptop just kept restarting Tried to see if my D D recovery was enabled in BIOS it was Tried to use alt F did not work I really don't Acer Aspire Alt+F10 Failure - "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram" have the time or money at the moment to buy a recovery disk hopefully it can be voided so I Acer Aspire Alt+F10 Failure - "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram" was wondering if a Anyone had another troubleshooting tip or b If anyone knew how to fix the alt f method I tried Thanks in advance

A:Acer Aspire Alt+F10 Failure - "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram"

Quote: Originally Posted by isohix

Hey guys. Recently my computer's been having an infinite reboot issue, so I looked on various websites on how to fix said problem. Each website I went to directed me towards the alt + F10 method, but whenever I try to use this method it says "Please wait a moment..." for about 10 - 20 minutes then gives me an error report saying "ERROR: failed to copy napp7.exe to ram."

So far I've...
Tried to reset my CMOS to default, did not work.
Tried to go to Advanced Boot Options, laptop just kept restarting.
Tried to see if my D2D recovery was enabled in BIOS, it was.
Tried to use alt+F10, did not work.

I really don't have the time or money at the moment to buy a recovery disk (hopefully it can be voided), so I was wondering if
a.) Anyone had another troubleshooting tip.
or
b.) If anyone knew how to fix the alt+f10 method I tried.

Thanks in advance.

It looks like your recovery partition is corrupted. You never want to rely on the recovery partition, because if your hard drive fails, the recovery partition goes down with it. The erecovery manager should've prompted you to make the recovery discs when you first started up the computer. It doesn't cost any money to make them. Since you don't havbe erecovery discs, it looks like you are going to have to clean install Windows 7 (which I prefer because it doesn't have all of the bloatware that you would have if you ran erecovery) To clean install Windows 7 on your computer, please follow this tutorial and post back with any questions: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/234032-acer-aspire-alt-f10-failure-error-failed-copy-napp7-exe-ram.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi.
I sometimes get the "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press Enter" error message when booting, but if I unplug my Logitech PS2 keyboard it boots up as if nothing was ever wrong. I can then usually plug the keyboard in as I reboot the PC and it works fine.
But there is obviously something wrong here! It's as if the fact that the keyboard is attached to the PC makes the PC think that there is no hard disk in the PC.
There are no flags in Device Manager and everything is identified correctly, as far as I can tell.
Anyone have any idea what the cause of this strange error message is?

I'm running XP SP2, and it's a Seagate 320 gig HD.

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks for reading this, and if you need more info, just ask.

Relevancy 84.28%

I have Win 7 ultimate. For the past few months my computer tries to download the updates and install them automatically, but it does not complete them. I get the error message as above and informs "Reverting the changes". What does this mean and how to fix this problem ?
Thanks for the help.

A:Error Message "Failure configuring Windows update"

Hi there, Welcome to Seven Forums!

Please try downloading and installing the KB2647753 update: Download

Once install you may have to reboot once rebooted try checking for Windows updates.

Let us know how you get on,

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/272393-error-message-failure-configuring-windows-update.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My laptop isn t starting I get the blue screen with the following error message Stop c Registry File Failure The registry cannot load the hive file SystemRoot System Config SOFTWARE or its log or alternate its is corrupt absent non writable I ve had a look through some related posts here and tried -starting using the last working configuration settings - No Effect -starting in safe mode - No Effect -booting from the original Windows XP CD and in the recovery console running the chkdsk r command - currently hrs in and at complete Hopefully this will work however if not I am going to try the manual steps guide written by poolboynatur http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -stop-c -registry-file-failure html My questions are I don t know if my Windows XP Home edition is OEM (Reg File C0000218 Message "STOP: Error Failure)....." Installed if it is will this stop me being able to perform the manual steps in the guide Will following the manual steps to recover route delete any Error Message "STOP: C0000218 (Reg File Failure)....." of my personal files Error Message "STOP: C0000218 (Reg File Failure)....." folders pics I m concerned about all my personal files folders pics etc being deleted or overwritten obviously I can t start my laptop to access them now to perform a backup to external hard drive is there a way of performing a back up before I do any of the manual steps to recover Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Error Message "STOP: C0000218 (Reg File Failure)....."

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php
0xC0000218: UNKNOWN_HARD_ERROR
A necessary Registry hive file couldn’t be loaded. The file may be corrupt or missing (requiring either an Emergency Repair Disk or a Windows reinstallation). The Registry files may have been corrupted because of hard disk corruption or some other hardware problem. A driver may have corrupted the Registry data while loading into memory, or the memory where the Registry is loading may have a parity error (turn off the external cache and check the physical RAM).

0xC0000218: UNKNOWN_HARD_ERROR {KB 156640} Win NT, Win 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=156640&sd=RMVP

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from Starting {KB 307545} Win XP (includes error messages that \WINDOWS \ SYSTEM32 \ CONFIG \ SYSTEM or \WINDOWS \ SYSTEM32 \ CONFIG \ SOFTWARE is missing)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307545&sd=RMVP
How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues {KB 822705} WinNT 4.0, Win 2000, Win XP Pro, Server 2003 (computer will not restart due to corrupt Registry hive)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822705&sd=RMVP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-stop-c0000218-reg-file-failure.721301/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I am trying to help fix my parents computer which is getting different error messages once the computer starts up In addition to these error messages the computer will not allow me to view any photos First off the error Windows loading XP Error" "Applicationn failure's Multiple EXE upon of messages When the computer starts up the following error messages come up Quickcam exe - Application Error The application failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application This same exact error message appears for two other EXEs - msmsgs exe - KEM exe I read the following thread that sounds like a very similar problem but the ways that the person had to fix is beyond my scope of knowledge so I m hoping someone can help me out in a Multiple "Applicationn Error" EXE failure's upon loading of Windows XP similar fashion The other separate possibly related issue is that they can t view any pictures When trying to run the windows picture and Multiple "Applicationn Error" EXE failure's upon loading of Windows XP fax viewer the following error shows up Error Loading C windows system shimgvw dll The reference assembly is not installed on your system I ll start with fixing the application error EXE issues first on here and keep researching the picture issue in the meantime Multiple "Applicationn Error" EXE failure's upon loading of Windows XP If I find a resolution to that on my own I ll post back the response here for reference If anyone knows what this issue is right off the bat that would be helpful too I downloaded and ran HiJack This to analyze the EXE issue and here is the resulting log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Lexmark Series lxccmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MI AA wcescomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files NETGEAR WG v wlancfg exe C Program Files ACT SideACT exe C WINDOWS system lxcccoms exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C DOCUME NANACU LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for startuplist zip StartupList exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Exp... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-applicationn-error-exe-failures-upon-loading-of-windows-xp.703335/
Relevancy 84.28%

So here's failure:" in Trying access "Logon to workgroup, getting error computer my problem I just set up some new Windows Professional bit machines in this office Currently the network type is set to Work and all computers are a member of the same Workgroup and Password Protected Sharing on the computer being used as a server is set to quot Off quot I've run into a situation now where I need to change that to On I've got Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:" another computer that's set up as somewhat Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:" of a workstation and a Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:" secondary server print server It has password protected sharing turned on and I'm not receiving the same error on this machine even though the settings if I remember correctly are all the same The error is Logon Failure The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer I have already created identical user accounts and passwords on the machines And as I said one computer works fine and the other does not One of the things I thought of tonight as I was sitting around is that maybe I need to change the setting under HomeGroup connections to quot User user accounts and passwords quot rather than quot Allow Windows to manage quot but I just don't know if that has anything to do with it at all I'm even fairly positive that the second server that isn't having this issue has the quot Allow Windows quot option checked Either way I'm extremely confused by this and any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Trying to access computer in workgroup, getting error "Logon failure:"

Hello,

Click on Start and type secpol.msc press enter.

Go to Local Policies=> User Rights Assignment
Double-click on "Log on as batch job" on the right
Click the "Add User or Group..." button and add the Users.

If that didn't help, please choose 'Log on Locally' then add the Users

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189361-trying-access-computer-workgroup-getting-error-logon-failure.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Does anyone know how to disable this really irritating dialog box that comes up sometimes when you have an error: The box says:
Yoiu chose to end this non-responsive program------Please tell Microsoft about this problem. bla bla bla Send Error report / Dont send Error report

This box is irritating and definitely an invasive privacy issue. thank you.

Relevancy 84.28%

I am trying to obtain connectivity on my toshiba laptop but everytime i try and connect i get the send error report and the page does not open up. I Have recently tried to go to the control panel and have noticed that I am getting the same error when I go there. Any ideas lemme know if ya need any info. I forgot to mention this dunno if it will help but when i tried to update my AVG(even though i know im having conneciton issues) this message came up. "The server name cannot be converted to the IP address" Dunno if itll solve this any quicker but i figure i would throw it in there too.

Jared

A:FUN!! With the "Send Error Report"

23 views and no suggestions? Anyone have any idea yet? Take in mind I am not getting a wired or wireless connection. I must have gone through a zillion and one forums and no luck yet.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/fun-with-the-send-error-report-201751.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a Micron Client-Pro that is getting Specifically a "Media test failure, check cable" error but I booted one time out of several and saw a CMOS battery low error.

The machine is booting into DOS but no further. When I try and hit F1 to get into the BIOS it only takes me in a circle and brings up the "Media test..." page again untill it comes to some page asking for my "Current Password:" That of course dosn't work when I type it in.

So tell me is there any hope for this poor old machine? If I can't even check the BIOS settings I don't have a clue what I could do. I want to try and re-load it but if the battery is low enough that it won't boot properly then I don't even know if that will work. Any advice?

A:Micron Client-Pro getting "Media test failure, check cable" error

I think that if you replace the battery (be careful not to break any legs off) it would boot up again. You will have to re-setup your BIOS if you made any changes before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/micron-client-pro-getting-media-test-failure-check-cable-error.11458/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello im unsure where to place this thread. " Disc boot failure, insert system disc and press enter " Is the error i get after i took out an IDE 80GB HDD. The primary boot drive is a OCZ vertex 2 120GB. Somehow my pc will not boot unless the 80GB HDD is in. Im unsure how they are related so could anyone help me out so that i dont need the 80GB HDD to boot up anymore.

A:Taking out IDE harddrive error "Disc boot failure, insert system..."

When you installed the OCZ drive, it sound like you had the 80gb HD connected. So the boot up files got written to the 80 gb HD. Do you have a Win7 install DVD ? If so run startup repair 3 times in a row with the 80gb disconnected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295714-taking-out-ide-harddrive-error-disc-boot-failure-insert-system.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I recently received a blue screen error stating "driver state power failure" 0x09f. ntoskrnl.exe error
This is the first time i've seen this screen although my memory dump files seem to tell another story.

Computer was a barebone comp from tigerdirect
Win 7 x64
8gb ram

not sure what else you need. Here is the link to the minidump files....

Thanks for any help I can get.

*edit* sorry for the single file zip. There should be two i will try n upload the second

A:BSOD error 0x09f "driver state power failure" Win7

second dump file..had to zip in order to not exceed size limit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-0x09f-driver-state-power-failure-win7.172240/
Relevancy 84.28%

Please forgive my computer ignorance i m on my last leg here I have a laptop Compaq Armada M Microsoft XP Professional is the OS and it just wont boot AT ALL When I start I get the COMPAQ screen and it looks as if it s going to boot but then I get this PXE-E Media Test Failure Check Cable I have tried Boot Disk Restore Disk Failure, Check Cable" Test [SOLVED] Error Message "PXE-E61 Media the system just doesn t seem to want to read from the disk drive either When I do that it gives me the quot Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready quot message After I do that it just flashes the laptop screen repeatedly and pops back up the SAME MESSAGE Keep in mind there [SOLVED] "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable" Error Message are no disk installed at this time and the [SOLVED] "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable" Error Message only thing connected to the laptop is the AC Power Cord What can I do to get it to boot I ll even WIPE the HardDrive and reload the XP Software if need be I just need to get around this quot PXE-E Media Test Failure Check Cable quot message Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:[SOLVED] "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable" Error Message

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable-error-message.104472/
Relevancy 84.28%

Good morning to all those who are reading my post,

I am trying to help a friend with their computer problem. This laptop has only been used about 4 times in the last year. It is only used for a church youth presentation.

What I have is a Compaq Presario R4000, AMD Athlon 64, ATI Radeon Express, running Windows XP.

After pressing the power button to boot the computer the Compaq logo appears for a few seconds with the option at bottom F10 to enter setup. Then the following appears on screen and continually loops or repeats:

"Intel UNPI, PXE-2.0 (Build 082)
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corp.

For Realtek RTL8139(x)/8130/810x PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V2.13(020326)
PXE-E61:Media Test Failure, Check Cable
PXE-MOF:Exiting PXE ROM"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Elizbeth

A:Compaq laptop not booting up, "media test failure" error message, I need help PLEASE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-not-booting-up-media-test-failure-error-message-i-need-help-please.523610/
Relevancy 83.85%

I was using a software called "PC Security" which is used to lock folders on my PC. Now I installed "GREATIS Software UnhackMe" which detects and remove invisible Trojans (Rootkits). UnhackMe detected PC Security as a Trojan and deleted some files .. maybe a dll.. Now PC Security doesn't open and I keep on getting this error (see the pic below) from the point I start my PC till I shut it down.

When I send the error, this error again comes, when I click on Don't send, again the error appears.. There is no escape !! I m unable to uninstall PC Security from add/remove programs coz its asking me to open d software and click on uninstall option from admin control panel of the software (due to password restrictions).

Please help me, what should I do? I want to get rid of this error and PC Security!

Relevancy 83.85%

I was using a software called "PC Security" which is used to lock folders on my PC. Now I installed "GREATIS Aoftware UnhackMe" which detects and remove invisible Trojans (Rootkits). UnhackMe detected PC Security as a Trojan and deleted some files .. maybe a dll.. Now PC Security doesn't open and I keep on getting this error (see the pic below) from the point I start my PC till I shut it down.

When I send the error, this error again comes, when I click on Don't send, again the error appears.. There is no escape !! I m unable to uninstall PC Security from add/remove programs coz its asking me to open d software and click on uninstall option from admin control panel of the software (due to password restrictions).

Please help me, what should I do? I want to get rid of this error and PC Security!

A:"Send Error Report" error keeps on coming! Please help!!

Hello hulk

The error message concerns "PC Security" which has become corrupted.

First of all turn off "Error Reporting" till we get the problem fixed
http://www.theeldergeek.com/windows_..._reporting.htm

Now you will not get that box popping up

If you cannot uninstall "PC Security" from Add/Remove Ptrgrams in the Control Panel try uninstalling it with Revo Uninstaller which is a free program. Be careful not to uninstall any other program.

When the problem is fixed if you wish you can turn Error Reporting back on again

Maybe you should get rid of "GREATIS Aoftware UnhackMe" too

Edit
An afterthought. If you have locked folders with "PC Security" you will probably need it to unlock them again or they might not be accessible. You might have to reinstall it to unlock these folders before finally getting rid of it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/send-error-report-error-keeps-on-coming-please-help-436406.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello, my bsod was solved after updating the nvdia few months ago but then it started again, there wasn't any blue screen when i use AutoDesk maya 2 months ago but now it keep having blue screen when i use maya for like 1 - 2 minutes. Thanks for the help.

DESKTOP-2HINSK4-Sun_11_09_2016_160240_97.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63293-bsod-when-open-autodesk-maya-error-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've had this problem once already, on my fairly new laptop.

I made a thread here not too long ago, trying to fix it, but got so fed up that I just reboot it back to its factory settings, thinking this would fix the problem.
Unfortunately, the irritating problem has come back today.
It started right when I tried installing World of Warcraft and it froze its installation at 87%... then the old symptoms came right back!
The ones I thought I had gotten rid of for good!
I've been browing the internet, trying to see if anyone had an answer for this, and so far, I just find more like me, just as infuriated as I am!

Does anyone have an answer for this mess???

Edit: It only does this old symptoms thing, if I try to install WOW. Otherwise, it works as normal...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/235070-vista-freezes-gives-failure-security-error.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello,
I would like to send IT broadcast messages to all desktops on the network (NOT pop up messages). I want scrolling tickers/banners/marquee's to be displayed on each users screen.

Please I need help, Thanks. .....Also, Does windows have any feature for this functionality, as I am trying to avoid installing 3rd party software on all computers.

Thank you as you reply. (Urgent)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cfa078e7-d113-4d10-b4e4-d024d66eaa09/send-quotbreaking-news-or-quotit-broadcastquot-scrolling-tickers-to-all-computers-on-he?forum=messageanalyzer
Relevancy 83.42%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two Drive #83" "1720-SMART imminent Attribute failure Hard failed: HDD error detects years HDD error "1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed: #83" with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially i e C D E amp F The problem started with partition F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed: #83"

You can't "fix" bad sectors.

You can however, decide if it's worth spending anymore time on an old 80GB hard drive with bad sectors that can fail at any moment.
Whatever your time is worth to you, only you can decide.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83.1090859/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello I keep getting the quot Please wait while Windows configures Ms Office Windows "Please 2003" configures while wait Office ERROR Ms MESSAGE Professional Edition quot popup whenever I "Please wait while Windows configures Ms Office 2003" ERROR MESSAGE open a Ms Office Document or the System Restore or even when I open a conversation in Yahoo Messenger I have to cancel it times before it dissapears I mention i have no incomplete instalations cuz i have the habit of goint into quot Program Files quot and deleting any folders of software i uninstalled long ago My system OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD U- Ver FFFFFFFF Antivirus Avast Free I ve been researching this issue for a loooong time and no solution worked for me Please Any help will be hugely apreciated THX nbsp

Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Dell Precision M60 workstation, and currently use XP Pro SP2.

I replaced my hardrive earlier this year. After reinstalling all the software and updating everything, my computer ran very slow, and would freeze without an error message when using any office program.

I have contacted dell about this. They checked out my computer remotely and said everything was OK. Then they tried to run "detect and repair" for Office 2003. It took about 15 minutes to configure, then we got an error. The tech told me all he could recommend is to reinstall office. So I did. Same problem happening, and same error when I try to run detect and repair.

I don't know what to do next! Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Error when running "detect & repair" in Microsoft Office 2003

Welcome to TSF....

Go thru add/remove programs in control panel and find Microsoft office 2003 and click the change button then when asked run the repair option that is on the screen.

THe office 2003 disks are they original install disks from Microsoft?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-running-detect-and-repair-in-microsoft-office-2003-a-281296.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I've been banging my head on this one for a couple of days and need some help! Recently I tried to open Word and for the first time since installation,the Wind.installer pops up for a sec or two followed by the error message,"Error 1606" Could not access network location. Not a new error I've learned. I did the usual trouble shooting searches through my favorite resources and confirmed it was going to involve a trip to the registry.Seems simple enough...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549

Everything matched up except REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Recent ,so I created it and added it in. No joy!! All following keys were fine in the "Machine" area so.. I would very much appreciate any help on this one. Funny thing,my printer went offline at the same time .Couldn't reinstall that either.Then I remembered their interdependence.Just Realized Where I posted this.Sorry!

A:Microsoft Office Home/Student 2007 "Error 1606"

Quote:

APPLIES TO
Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9
Microsoft Excel 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft MapPoint 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Money 2005 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Access 2003
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003
Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
Microsoft Office XP Professional Edition
Microsoft Office XP Small Business Edition
Microsoft Office XP Standard Edition
Microsoft Office XP Developer Edition
Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft PowerPoint 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Streets & Trips 2003 Standard Edition
Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Premium Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Professional Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition
Microsoft Office 2000 Developer Edition
Microsoft Word 2002
Microsoft Access 2002 Standard Edition
Microsoft Excel 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft PowerPoint 2000 Standard Edition
Microsoft Word 2000

Your version does not follow these guidelines.
You may have to download the latest .NET Framework or Visual Basic runtime environments.
There is a chance you may need to reinstall Windows.

-Edit: Try installing Service Pack 3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-office-home-student-2007-error-1606-a-385251.html