Windows Support Forum

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times.

Q: Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times.

Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times. I look at updates history and it show the same update already installed several times. Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I don't see update for Service
Pack 2 though. Can someone advice please, I am not sure what to do. I'd appreciate an advice. Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/13040f9f-69e6-472f-82c0-6a04955a1674/windows-vista-sp1-kb936330-update-keeps-coming-back-as-important-update-after-installing-it?forum=itprovistasp
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Vista SP1 (KB936330) update keeps coming back as important update after installing it several times.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 104.49%

I cannot download this particular Windows update-Windows Vista Service Pack KB I didn t figure that out until today when I went to reset Windows updates from auto to manual When I looked at the log this file shows failed over and over from way back in until now So is this file important Should it be downloaded Pack Vista Service 8007002-Windows Solved: (KB936330) 1 Windows Update Error to my PC If the answer is no then disregard the rest of this post But if the answer is yes any help would be appreciated If yes then I need some help I am using the directions at http windows microsoft com en-US windows-vista Windows-Update-error- to fix Solved: Windows Update Error 8007002-Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) error But I get Solved: Windows Update Error 8007002-Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) stuck at the double click on DataStore folder I cannot gain access I am using administrator Adobe can t read it The message I get is- quot Adobe Reader could not open DataStore edb because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged quot When I ran Filecure it indicated quot no problems quot So I am at a loss as to how to access the files so I can delete them per directions at link provided nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Update Error 8007002-Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)

Ok, a lot of you have looked at this question, but nobody has responded. Is it because it's not an important update? Or is it too old a problem (going back to 4/09)? Or some other reason? I can't believe no one knows the answer to my question since I've asked much more obscure questions in the past and gotten answers. So PLEASE, if someone could clarify what I'm dealing with I would offer techie sainthood upon you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-error-8007002-windows-vista-service-pack-1-kb936330.988917/
Relevancy 100.19%

A while ago I had to reinstall windows Vista Business on an Acer Aspire AX -U A GB install went well But I now have trouble getting to some websites and when I do it says my browser is out of date update to IE but that won't work From the research I've done online it seems I need SP and or SP in order to business cannot win 1 (KB936330) to 0x8024402c SP error update vista update IE When I check windows updates it tells me SP is ready to update KB so I install says installed successfully look at update history it's there but when I look at installed updates it's not there and windows update has it as needing to be installed Today I tried to troubleshoot the problem using the free power shell from Microsoft It fixed many things but could not fix Windows Update error x c - - -T- A and Problems installing recent updates I have tried turning off Avast Free VP and the firewall cannot update win vista business to SP 1 (KB936330) error 0x8024402c as well as trying to remove invalid characters from the proxy exception list except there weren't any Please advise Thanks

A:cannot update win vista business to SP 1 (KB936330) error 0x8024402c

Try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...?wa=wsignin1.0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-update-win-vista-business-to-sp-1-kb936330-error-0x8024402c-1016866.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Here's will 800B0100 not Code details: update. Important Error Update Vista another tricky one This important security update will not update It is only Kb Microsoft says it is caused by a virus problem I have Norton installed Norton say it is Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 not a Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 virus Microsoft say pay us to fix it I say I can't afford to pay that for something when I have no way of knowing exactly what the problem really is This has been going on since November All the other updates are installed immediately but not this one Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Vista SP and Windows Server SP x KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code B Update type Important A security issue has Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100 been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for the NET Framework Service Pack for Windows Vista Service Pack and Windows Server Service Pack October Just noticed this more recent one failed to update - Security Update for Windows Vista KB Installation date PM Installation status Failed Error details Code F Update type Important A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article After you install this update you may have to restart your system More information MS - Description of the security update for USB drivers October Help and Support Microsoft Support Any ideas please

A:Vista Important Update will not update. Error details: Code 800B0100

That error is not caused by a virus, it is caused by a file corruption
The readiness tool can correct the problem in many situations
What is the System Update Readiness Tool? - Windows Help

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/303686-vista-important-update-will-not-update-error-details-code-800b0100.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Im using windows 7 ultimate 64bit Ive been having this problem for about a week and have plenty protection. I use Malwarebytes jrt and adwcleaner. Ive used them multiple times to delete virus but comes back. Once i reset my router then it was gone for a while. Then there was a "security update" and started all over again. Also i only use internet on weekends so i wont get back for a while and when im not connected to the internet works fine. Pls help

A:Adwear keeps coming over and over and came back in windows update

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/611399/adwear-keeps-coming-over-and-over-and-came-back-in-windows-update/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hey guys,

Tonight i built and set up the aforementioned Nuc pc and installed windows 7. However some of the drivers arent installing like the integrated hd 5500 graphics driver and the engine management one. These 2 pop up in my windows update as "important updates" but i get failed messages when i try and install them.

Thank you,

A:Intel NUC5i3RYH, Windows 7 Update not installing important updates

I regard Windows Update as a last resort for installing drivers, and suggest installing the drivers supplied by Intel for the board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83257/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i3RYH

If you have had driver installs fail, it may be necessary to boot into Safe Mode and delete failed installations from Device Manager and install again if you continue to have installs fail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/622423/intel-nuc5i3ryh-windows-7-update-not-installing-important-updates/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello all

When executing Windows Update, I experienced that one important update is not automatically selected to download and install.

I like to understand why this is?

Also I like to understand if I should always install all important updates, even the ones not by default selected?

In this example, the not selected update refers to MS09-054 security update. Is this a manual installed security update?
Does it not apply to me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

zx81

A:Windows Update, important update not selected

Not all users experience the issue that this update resolves. MS is providing you the oportunity to use the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" logic.

I applied the update even though I have no evidence that I need it. Yet.

Some updates will adversely affect some users. Not applying updates may adversely affect you.

What can you do? My advice - apply all updates. Unless you have a good reason not to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35094-windows-update-important-update-not-selected.html
Relevancy 87.29%

A windows update called "Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package" keeps coming back after installing it on windows update. I've installed it several times and the update history shows that is was successful seven times already but it's there again after reboot. Can someone give me some advice on what I should do?

A:Update keep coming back.

Microsoft Support addresses this issue in this article.

When the site opens you will see the option to use the Fix it tool, you can click on this and it will attempt to resolve the problem.  Of you can close the Fix it window and use the instructions below to manually resolve the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510006/update-keep-coming-back/
Relevancy 87.29%

Ok, this has been going on actually for a few weeks now and I'm kinda at my wit's end. With my Vista, I keep getting urged by Windows Update to install Windows malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830). I install it and it says that it was a success. I do the recommended restart and then about 20 minutes later, the update is back!!!

Can anyone help me out on this? It's really getting annoying.

Thanks!
ITgirl45

Relevancy 86.43%

Hi there,

Saw some windows updates today..downloaded and installed them all but this update keeps coming back up as a new update. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - February 2011 (KB890830). I retarded my pc but it still comes up as a new update. What to do? Just hide it?

Stuff that i tried and didn't work..
-restarted windows
-started windows installer from service.msc

Thanks.

A:update KB890830 keeps coming back up

Try a couple of things.

1) Rename the folder C:\windows\softwaredistribution and rename it to something like soft.old.

2) If 1) doesnt help try resetting windows update.

Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/143514-update-kb890830-keeps-coming-back-up.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi,
This is on a Vista Home Premium 32bit machine.
Updates are setup to go automatically, but this update isn't happening by itself. Is this because it's a service pack, and is fairly large? Thanks.

A:Solved: Update Question KB936330

Hi this is service pack 1 you really should have this and then you will get a lot more to prepare you for sp2 here is the info from ms on sp1
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936330

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-update-question-kb936330.878354/
Relevancy 86.43%

Windows -bit all Windows Updates up-to-date as of two days ago before I installed Windows This problem really has me at my wits end I ve spent hours on various forums trying to find a solution but have had no luck Yesterday I installed the free Windows The day before Windows W10 and after missing back W7 to then rolling Update installing that I created a backup image in case I didn t like W and wanted Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7 to roll back to W Well I didn t like W so I re-imaged to my W backup image I immediately noticed that Windows Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7 Update wouldn t run After doing Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7 some research I found that Backround Intelligent Transfer Service BITS was no longer in my services even though it was there in the backup image since Windows Update worked until I installed W I ran sfc scannow and Disk Check with the feature to repair any problems found checked but nothing was found with either tool I then re-imaged to backup that was five weeks old BITS was still not in my Services I did find a tool to reinstall Windows Update and after running it BITS did show up in my services although it s not there now because I did the second re-image after running the tool But Windows Update still wouldn t run It s set to automatic and it is running Also the dependencies are running too but Windows Update still won t run When I try to download the MS fixit tool for Windows Update I can t download it or run it even though I tried to get it from several different websites If I click on Run Save or Run and Save nothing happens My system is now re-imaged to the last image the day before I installed W Windows Update is not in Services but I saved a link to the tool that did get it back to Services although it didn t run even then I ve read many threads about fixing this but nothing has worked This all started when I installed W and then rolled it back to W BTW I should mention that I checked to make sure Windows is activated It is I would greatly appreciate any help with this as I really don t know what else to try nbsp

A:Windows Update missing after installing W10 and then rolling back to W7

What software did you use to make and restore the Windows 7 image ?

Did the image you made include the small System Reserved partition at the start of the hard drive ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-missing-after-installing-w10-and-then-rolling-back-to-w7.1153213/
Relevancy 83.42%

ive had my laptop for 2 weeks now and with the dell instruction guide, it told me to update all the drivers, sound,audio etc etc but i never done it...so is it important and is their a way of checking if its auto updated by itself cause with a new machine you would have thought everything would be up to date.

thanks all...

A:How important is it to update vista drivers with a new laptop?

depends what your using your laptop for , if its just general surfing , watching movies etc then i wouldnt bother unless you have any issue's theres no point , just keep on top of windows update

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/232335-how-important-update-vista-drivers-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 83.42%

A while back I downloaded a hotfix recomended by my computer to fix an issue with corel paint. Since then Vista wont allow me to run an important update which sayes it is available but then sayes update failed. The update is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB959209) x86Download size: 1.4 MBYou may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.Update type: ImportantThis update is applicable to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2. The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update provides compatibility roll-up updates for customer reported issues found after the release of Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. This update is provided to you and licensed under the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 License Terms.More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=133330Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.comAny ideas how to fix it?

A:vista wont download and important update

In order to fix this failed update, we must first clean up your .NET framework installation. Download and run this file. It will remove the .NET framework from your computer so that we can reinstall it later (and solve the non-installing update). My sister's laptop did the same, as well as our home desktop (failed update). But don't worry, it is very easy to fix.After running this cleanup tool, it will ask you to reboot. Please do so.Next, download and install this file. This will reinstall the .NET framework onto your computer.After another reboot, download and install this file. This will update the .NET framework to what it should be (what the automatic update was failing to do).Now, check Windows Update again, and see if anything shows up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305316/vista-wont-download-and-important-update/
Relevancy 83.42%

This one has me really stumped I installed free Windows yesterday and after using it for a while decided that I don't like it Windows and rolling Update Lost back then W7 Windows after to installing 10 so I rolled back to Windows by re-imaging to an image I saved just before installing W I immediately noticed that Windows Update would no longer work After a lot of searching I found that Background Intelligent Transfer Service was missing It was not in my services I tried everything I could find in various forums with no luck Windows Update worked right up until the I installed W I finally found a MS article on how to put BITS back and it worked I then checked it's dependencies and made sure they were there and working but Windows Update still wouldn't work I then re-imaged back to an image weeks old and BITS doesn't show up there either even though it definitely worked back then That was a mystery since my PC should Lost Windows Update after installing Windows 10 and then rolling back to W7 have been re-imaged to exactly how it looked back in June Lost Windows Update after installing Windows 10 and then rolling back to W7 Thinking I might Lost Windows Update after installing Windows 10 and then rolling back to W7 have a bad sector on my drive I ran Disk Check with the option chosen to repair anything it finds that is wrong I also ran sfc scannow No luck I'm at loss to explain this let alone fix it I found lots of threads where other people lost BITS but not when they had just installed W and then rolled back to W Nothing I found has worked and I'm at my wits end at this point This all started with the W install but I don't know how my old images could be affected I can usually fix any PC problem - sometimes with a little help - but this one really has me stumped I may reinstall W to see if Windows Update works then but I really don't like W I would like to get my W fixed

A:Lost Windows Update after installing Windows 10 and then rolling back to W7

REupdate to 10, then update 10 (there's a new one this week). Now try reverting again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-windows-update-after-installing-windows-10-and-then-rolling-back-to-w7-1029505.html
Relevancy 81.7%

be truthful to the public. I have been reading a lot about people ditching windows and going to Linux. I wonder why. wow I used to love and trust windows. now I don't know anymore. you all have become something other than wonderful like I used to think.
too bad. maybe I should learn Linux too. windows is probably a habit lots of people will learn to break. scary. Be honest about your updates. ty.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adfd864d-cfe8-4d34-8f4e-166e72a3a04a/why-cant-i-uninstall-an-update-todays-update-is-making-my-computer-act-unruly-i-hate-that-if?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 79.55%

When I try to install KB3182373, a "Security Update for Microsoft Silverlight", Windows Update reports failure with the message "Code 643 Windows Update encountered an unknown error".
I ran WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab. It reported that "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".
What can I do to fix this? I'm running Windows 7 Professional.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab3e30fe-b420-45f1-b3b0-9fd7f93fbe5a/windows-update-fails-when-installing-kb3182373-code-643-windows-update-encountered-an-unknown?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi everybody

I get windows update error code 2 on installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB2978128)
I have also some other errors installing Internet Explorer 11.

I have used "sfc /scannow" command but it didn't find any integrity violations. the CBS log is attached.

I have also used SUR and the log file can be found attached to this post.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Windows update error code 2 on installing security update .NETF 4.52

Not as bad as I thought from the file size of the CheckSUR log...

Code:
Summary:
Seconds executed: 626
Found 40 errors
CSI Manifest All Zeros Total count: 40
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae6c710c2475d6dd.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ieshims_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c5578c400ab73d40.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ab08cdc647ee4ac0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a38eed1960d6da24.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..ersandsecurityzones_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_32ad7426474825c0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_455c9a9ecd397534.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ieinstal_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_66663569022097ee.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-extcompat_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ba7a084d47184087.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_b8c293a66f3311dc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ae82eb7016c1044d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_0f2b73186e1db6ad.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_e9bf29ad81612b17.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_a5b33267944d950c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_82715ae744395a3d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..tocolimplementation_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_7fb34fc812514c53.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-sysprep_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_995c761b2a7ac0a0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-htmlrendering_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_910d6ee692a7b589.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-runtimeutilities_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c56e06a3fd026ab0.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-lowreg_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_26168e4c545f1d10.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_1680b8a41e440241.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-js-debuggeride_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_a1d7787288f1ab79.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_439b116ecef783db.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-gc-registeriepkeys_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_8ec81733ae0c2ea9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-versioninfo_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_6605203fbf36f2d9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-ratings_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2e717f6ae6f80ed1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-scripting-jscript9_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_c1f3e8fa2e2fb123.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_b72e2fb5a0a8f7b3.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-vgx_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_6b016db5593931ef.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-setup-support_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_2caff63ae8b61d78.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ie-pdm-configuration_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.16798_none_ce194ae986ea5e16.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_10.2.9200.20916_none_ff959d7038029bde.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd6... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365236-windows-update-error-code-2-installing-security-update-netf-4-52-a.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I recently reformatted my hard drive and on one of the ventures to update (from WinXP sp2), I installed the microsoft updater. Now it loops the update and doesn't read any of the updates I've done so far (sp3).

Is there a way to disengage the update cookie or whatever so I can use the former update service? I tried restore points, but they all either remove more than what I think I can wait to update (like sp3) with a intermittent internet connection.

I'm on an Intel board, Duo-core 1.87 ghz, 3g ram with WinXP sp3 (well if it really didn't leave me that is...sigh)

A:Back to Windows update from Microsoft Update

does it give you a warning saying that some updates could not be installed or does it say that they are all installed and then just tries to update again?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/back-to-windows-update-from-microsoft-update-272288.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all really hoping for some help I have been trying to set up my older laptop with a clean install of windows ultimate bit The reason to do this is because I was given a SSD drive and wanted to set up a fresh system This laptop was before running just fine on the breaks update after update Windows installing agent 7.6.7600.320 same windows version but from a HDD My problem is this I run a new setup for windows no problems I run windows update and it starts with updating to a new update agent Version No problems I receive some updates including SP After installing SP I get the mandatory update to update to Update Agent and windows update just breaks When I start it just searches for updates forever but never finds any after hours Now my PC is running the same windows version and updates just fine Also I have tried to do clean installs on several systems and they ALL have the exact same problem I even did installs on all these systems with different W versions Home and PRO and still the exact same problem as soon as Update Agent gets installed it all grinds to a halt I have tried all kinds of solutions I found on the internet including a repair tool from tweaking com Tweaking com Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 - Windows Repair Free Pro which combines most solutions suggested like disk and Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 file system checks Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320 I also changed DNS settings to the Google DNS and of course tried the MS Fix it tool and also ran CCCleaner I have tried so many things I don't even remember them all So because the installation on my laptop HDD was running fine before I made an image of that disk and imaged it onto the SSD but still the same problem If I now run W from my old HDD it also doesn't work anymore It all seems so unlogical because my PC is on the same internet connection and has no problems which suggests it's not a router issue It is also not a WIFI issue because if I use the cable from my pc in the laptop it still does not update Hoping for some guidance for which I thank you in advance Edit included my update log if that helps Note in this case I did a clean setup but never connected to the internet I had downloaded the standalone SP and the latest update agent and all installed them offline hoping it would change something Result is exactly the same as when I just did these updates via Windows Update

A:Windows update breaks after installing update agent 7.6.7600.320

Hi Jo123 & welcome to the forum.
Please follow Windows Update Posting Instructions.
Don't think issue is with windows os, it's windows update.
Windows updates are taking an extremely long time.
Some have stated 24-48 hours.
Set your computer to sleep NEVER
Start windows update and be patient.
Patience is a virtue!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384576-windows-update-breaks-after-installing-update-agent-7-6-7600-320-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello,
I'am downloading very important files but I'm afraid that my computer might switch off because windows update gave me a notice that the computer will switch off after an update and the maximum amount of time you can postpone the computer to switch off is 4 hours (That's what I done). I will not be able to use the computer for more than 4 hours.
So this is what I did>> I think I turned windows update off by choosing the option of 'Never check for update (not recommended).

Now the question is> Will my computer switch off within 4 hours after I leave it?
If it will, then how can I make it not switch off.

PLEASE NOTE: The download is NOT resumable.
EDIT: I'm using Windows 7.

Thank you for reading.

A:[IMPORTANT] Windows Update

In my experience if you are still using the computer at the end of that 4 hours it will give you another warning and you will be able to postpone it again for another 4 hours. Then repeat process until the download is done. I am not sure if turning updates off will have stopped the countdown.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-windows-update-503478.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Windows Update has often put my system in some interesting situations and I truly never want to update ever again I recently reinstalled my system and the last time I did updates my system prompted me to restart and was instead left hanging on the quot shutting down quot message for an important? Windows Update Is hour forcing me to shut it down improperly Truth is I don't use any Microsoft apps except Windows Explorer and I only browse sites that I know are generally safe Instead of using Internet Explorer I use Firefox with NoScript Ghostery WOT Adblock Plus and I've even updated the main plugins Java etc I also have Malwarebytes and Norton as well I've also never Is Windows Update important? understood the importance of Is Windows Update important? driver updates either my system seems to run the same with or without them I'm even beginning to think that updating is causing my system to work harder in the background rather than when it was in factory condition but is this true So many questions

A:Is Windows Update important?

You have some good anti-malware software and keep Java updated, yet you fail to see the significance of keeping the operating system updated........??????

Fact : your system is more secure and runs better if the OS is updated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/272922-windows-update-important.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,

I have a Win2K SP4 (all Critical Updates) laptop that has a weird quirk I noticed recently. I have installed the Security Update KB819696 (Unchecked Buffer in DirectX Could Enable System Compromise) a few times, but it never asks to reboot when finished and will always show up as a critical update even when I have manually rebooted the laptop.

Any idea on what could be causing this and how to solve it? Recently there has been some problems with malware/spyware/adware (which is cleaned) and perhaps something in the registry was corrupted or deleted as a result. Other than that, everything seems to work fine. Thanks for your help.

A:Security Update KB819696 in Windows Update even after installing it.

I've had that happen on more than one occasion. MS eventually fixed the problem but your case may be due to other factors.

Here's what Doug Knox offers:

Usage: Download xp_hotfix_prompt.vbs and save it to your hard drive. Double click the VBS file you downloaded and you'll be prompted to enter the KBxxxxxx or Qxxxxxx number of the Hotfix. No checking is done to see if the Hotfix is actually installed on your system, so its your responsibility to ensure that it is.

Note: I cannot guarantee that this will work for ALL HOTFIXES. Using the tools at my disposal, I have determined how the majority of checking is done for the presence of a particular hotfix. This mechanism may not be the same for all Hotfixes and could change at any time.

This page last updated 09/07/2003 11:29
All material Doug Knox

Download.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/security-update-kb819696-in-windows-update-even-after-installing-it.194899/
Relevancy 77.83%

When Windows 8.1 pro starts up a message saying Windows Update. Important updates are available Go to PC, it stays very briefly.

Checking Windows updates it says no updates so I checked for updates and it found none, I have Windows update to Install update automatically.

Has any one else had this message or know what the cause is?

Walter

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69587-windows-update-important-updates-available-go-pc.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Win 8/64 bit ... how necessary is this update? i get notices but choose what i install - thanks in advance"
KB3095108 Updated APN database entry for Transatel (France, Worldwide) network for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/73473-windows-update-kb3095108-important.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Yesterday my laptop had an update for me so I attempted to install it However when it was done I was told that the installation failed I restarted the computer and attempted to install it again but it still failed I looked into more detail on what I was installing which was Microsoft NET Framework KB and went to the site it was based on and attempted to install it from there When the setup came up however I recieved this message quot KB v does not apply or is blocked by another condition on your computer quot I'm not entirely sure what this means and since this keeps Windows 7 for Important failing Update is apparently an important update for my laptop I ask if there is a way I can solve the problem also it's Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing getting irritating to have my laptop keep on reminding me to update something that Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing fails to update Thank you P S I don't know if this helps but my laptop has Norton

A:Important Update for Windows 7 keeps failing

Norton may be blocking it, especially seeing this "KB2468871v2 does not apply, or is blocked by another condition on your computer."

Read this KB2468871 System Update Install Error! (error 643) - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208499-important-update-windows-7-keeps-failing.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My PC has told me that there's an important Windows 7 update to install, but whenever I try, I'm told that the installation has failed.

Attached is the pop up I get with the details of the failure.

Any ideas how I can remedy the error? Thanks.

A:Can't install Important Windows Update

Hi try running sfc /scannow How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-important-windows-update-586406.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello Forum,

One of my Windows updates (one of nine) failed earlier, but when I opened up my Update window again to see if I could retry, it doesn't give you the option to do it (first time in five years with this computer it has happened - ALL my updates have been successful). It shows the failed update in the Update History, but does not give you the option to install it again. How can I try to install that update again even though I can't locate the option to do it? Thank you.

A:One Important Windows Update Failed

There is usually a download from Microsoft's website.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300079-one-important-windows-update-failed.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently did some Vista updates On both of my PCs On the laptop Vista Home Premium pings have went really high Pinging google com with bytes of update. High Vista times ping since data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply High ping times since Vista update. from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms On my desktop same internet connection I get - ms times The laptop is wireless but another laptop wireless gets the same - ms pings If I plug directly into the router I still get these high ping times I have tried several DNS servers including -My ISP's -OpenDNS - X servers Any suggestions EDIT Ping to my router Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms This was max ms before the updates

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194860/high-ping-times-since-vista-update/
Relevancy 76.97%

DO NOT let windows update dl and instal drivers for hardware devices such as video cards, sound cards automatically. If it detects an update for a device, go download it from the manufacturers website directly, (nvidea users, nvidea has a nice little auto-detect feature on their site so you cant get the wrong driver). only let windows update dl and install updates for microsoft products only.

A:IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR WINDOWS 7 UPDATE USERS:

No problems here with NVIDIA, Realtek or IDT drivers installing via Windows Updates.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-notice-for-windows-7-update-users-566695.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but when I click for more details, it just takes me to a page that's an advertisement to buy Windows 10. [https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows] I don't want Windows 10 because I'm still using media center and one piece of hardware I don't want to buy again.

Does anyone know more about this update? When I check MSE, it says it's up to date.

A:Windows calls KB3193414 update important, but...

Can you take a screenshot of your windows update? That doesn't seem like a valid update number. Haven't seen that one on any of my systems. Google search doesn't bring up anything for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401125-windows-calls-kb3193414-update-important-but.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My HD on my Toshiba Satellite M -S went bad so Windows showing update available No important updates I reinstalled a new one and used the Toshiba System recovery DVDs to restore my laptop back to the factory condition Windows Windows update showing No important updates available Home Premium bit Initially Windows Update showed important updates to which I was able to download and install without any problems But now Windows Update refuses to show any additional important updates IE SP Windows update showing No important updates available etc and states quot No important updates available quot I came across the following thread on Toshiba's forum but the recommendations there did not help either - After Restoring to New Hard Disk No Windows Updat - TOSHIBA FORUMS I tried the following Made sure the Windows install was genuine and activated Installed the Intel Rapid Storage Tech driver dated from toshibas website Installed Hot Fix as recommended on Toshiba's forum Ran the SURT Ran a SFC Scan no errors found I've uploaded a few screenshots as well as the CBS folder I had to split up files in the CBS folder across multiples ZIP files as it exceeded the file size for posting in the forum I'm at a total loss and have no clue on how to update my machine and any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Windows update showing No important updates available

Please post the C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file
I can see no problems in either the CBS or CheckSUR logs (haven't looked through the history yet, though)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289297-windows-update-showing-no-important-updates-available.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I have a problem with updates that try to install every time PC restart.
They give me everytime error code 80070490 and if I try to press Try again then give me error code 8024AFFF.
I try to solve the problem with Microsoft FixIt, then update was installed succesfully, but after restart they try to install it again (everytime the same update) and give the same error.

I found some solution on the net that not work for me:
1. Windows Update error 80070490
2. Error code 0x80070490 when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
3. Code Error 80070490 checking for Windows Updates - Microsoft Community

I not use first option becouse I not have original DVD, I have a PC with preinstalled system Windows 7 Home Premium.

Anyone have any ideo how to solve this problem?

A:Windows Important Security Update Error

Since it's 18 hours since you posted this with no response, I'd say it may be because you didn't provide the info that this forum requires. Run the SURT program, the sfc scan, and post the logs that are requested in the instructions found here:
Windows Update Posting Instructions
Hopefully then you get a better response. I'm new here too and just learning the ropes, BTW.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300059-windows-important-security-update-error.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I'm new to this site, but am struggling with a windows update.  I have followed others' suggestions, and installed other Windows Updates from the same period one at a time, but this one always fails.  Someone suggested using malwarebytes and then trying again, but that didn't work either.  Anyone else found a solution to this problem?  

A:Windows Important Update KB2800095 will not instal

Maddylondon

What is your operating system, antivirus? What kind of error shows? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542389/windows-important-update-kb2800095-will-not-instal/
Relevancy 76.54%

Windows 7 showed a notification that there was a problem in the Action Center. It said that there was a driver update and prompted me to download "15.49_nforce_winvista_win7_64bit_international_whql

Now immediately after installing Windows Update wants to update my display driver and four other NVidia drivers.... Any idea what's going on?

How do I tell if 15.49 is the latest and greatest update for my chipset?

My INfo:

Win 7 Home Premium SP1
64 bit version

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide...

A:Windows Update wants to update after installing 15.49_nforce_winvista_

You can check with HP site for your make/model and see what's the latest driver that they have listed. You can go to Nvidia site and use the auto detect or search manually for the latest driver.

HP Pavilion Elite m9517c Desktop PC | HP? Support
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289839-windows-update-wants-update-after-installing-15-49_nforce_winvista_.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi everyone I'm trying to help Windows Issues and Update SP1 update installing my Aunt with an issue with her computer but have ended up at a dead end The initial problem was that she was having problems getting updates including SP to install I have read through Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update various threads on this board to find tips on this Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update and most seemed to suggest that I run the System Upgrade Readiness tool But I can't seem to run this either Every time it runs I get a message asking me to install a hotfix KB KB just appears to be the SUR tool but when the install process starts it just hangs up and never finishes Everything I've tried including running the Microsoft diagnostics tool can't fix this I've seen other threads that suggest resetting windows update using a bat file So I tried that as well Now when I run Windows update it says that I need to quot install an update for Windows Update quot But when I try this I get an error message saying an error occurred and quoting error code B I've attached what I think is the CheckSUR log file I seem now to have run out of ideas Any help anyone can give would be most appreciated

A:Issues installing SP1 and Windows Update update

Sometimes you can have better luck by downloading the Service Pack and installing it directly, rather than using Windows Update.

Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

For 32 bit Windows, you need the last file listed. 537 MB

For 64 bit Windows, you need the next to last file listed. 903 MB.

Might help, might not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/248959-issues-installing-sp1-windows-update-update.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Windows Update launched when I shut my computer down last night and was still at same screen after running all night. I shut computer off and on and still at same screen after 2 hours. Now what?

A:Windows Update hung at installing update 1 of 1

post the file called "windowsupdate.log" which is located in C:\Windows

Also run microsoft fixit tool http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/229224-windows-update-hung-installing-update-1-1-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have W7 Professional and 'Windows Update' shows 2 important updates.I click on update but it fails with error error code 800B0100. Clicking on 'get help' does not provide a solution. Can anyone help please?

A:Windows update shows 2 important but download fails

What are the 2 updates ?

Did you google the error code.

You could have newer versions of them, if it keeps up, just hide the updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/358208-windows-update-shows-2-important-but-download-fails.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Im not able to find any windows important windows updates it gives me this code 0x80190194 and system cannot determine vulome of drive just before the welcome screen for my password please help.

A:Windows Update not able to find important updates 0x80190194

Are you saying that you are unable to actually load Windows to your profile?
What happens if you attempt to boot to either Safe Mode, or Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/337502-windows-update-not-able-find-important-updates-0x80190194.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I don't use Skype. I uninstalled it. Windows Update keeps sending updates and marking them as 'important.' If I run the update I find I need to uninstall the program again.

I'd like reassurance that I can safely ignore these updates.

It makes sense to me, but software has gotten complex enough that I want to be sure that this update only updates Skype for Windows and that failure to implement it does not leave a gaping hole in Windows 7.

thanks

baumgrenze

A:Skype For Windows - Program Not Installed - Important Update?

If you change windows update settings as shown below then in theory you will not be offered skype. If you prevoiusly had skype installed and are still offered updates then I guess that skype wasn't fully removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402722-skype-windows-program-not-installed-important-update.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I times up keeps iexplorer.exe NUMEROUS and back! coming pops am on a Windows XP computer When I open my task manager I see iexplorer exe processes running One is from the username that I log in on for use on my computer meaning that that's the REAL Internet Explorer The other appears as being processed by SYSTEM I don't even see a iexplorer exe listed in any other folder My PC runs slow at awkward times as well Even when I minimize everything my desktop icons pop up slow and I have about GB free Can someone please tell me what to do Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running iexplorer.exe pops up NUMEROUS times and keeps coming back! processes C WINDOWS System smss iexplorer.exe pops up NUMEROUS times and keeps coming back! exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C WINDOWS LOGI MWX EXE C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Creative SBLive -Bit External Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C Program Files Creative USB SBAudigy NX DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C PROGRA McAfee SPAMKI MskAgent exe C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HighCriteria TotalRecorder TotRecSched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RcMan exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLHostManager exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C PROGRA HEWLET Toolbox STATUS STATUS EXE C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM RAMASST exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe c program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Toolbox jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Seagate Basics Service SyncServicesBasics exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C WINDOWS system hpzipm exe C Program Files Pure Networks Router Service pnroutsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C WINDOWS system rM A E exe C Documents and Settings DrTBC My Documents My Mu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/iexplorer-exe-pops-up-numerous-times-and-keeps-coming-back-282904.html
Relevancy 76.11%

the failure responded with code 800703EE. Anyone can help?

A:Window Vista (Ultimate) update SP1 - download failed over 20 times, help help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-vista-ultimate-update-sp1-download-failed-over-20-times-help-help.756242/
Relevancy 75.68%

Kia ora from New Zealand,

My laptop was taken back to factory condition almost four weeks ago, and all the Windows updates downloaded - which took hours!

The problem I am having is Windows Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330 wants to download yet again.
My Windows Update History shows this Service Pack was first downloaded successfully on 28 June, successfully again on 29 June, Canceled on 29 June, Successful on 29 June, Canceled on 9 July, Failed on 9 July, Canceled on 10 July. Should I let the Service Pack 1 Instal qagain, and perhaps delete the earlier versions - or what?

Another problem:
My laptop beeps then freezes. This has happend about five times since 28 June. Could this be related to the Service Pack problem? Or could it be a memory problem. My laptop is an HP Pavilion entertainment dv2000 series. I bought it in 2007 so it's a little oldie but a goodie.

Thank you for reading my post.
Regards
Aku

A:Windows Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330

The HP Pavilion dv2000 series laptop has several models, so we need to confirm which one you have.

Advise us what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) is that's on one of the stickers.

---------------------------------------------------------

Does the factory restore install Windows Vista(original version) or Windows Vista SP1?

Depending on which one it does, you need to download and save the full SP1 and/or SP2 upgrades and then burn them to CD's or a DVD.

Once the factory restore is complete and the computer is restarted, you need to install the SP1 and/or SP2 upgrades.

Once the upgrade(s) is installed and the computer is restarted, you need to go to Windows Update, then download and install the important/recommended updates.

The goal is to get Windows Vista up-to-date before you start installing programs and extras in that computer.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-service-pack-1-kb936330.1103830/
Relevancy 75.25%

http://www.techsupportforum.com/atta...1&d=1286676697

Is there a reason why i cant download this update.

A:cant download update for Security Update for Windows Vista (KB978601)?

check the update history and tell which update it is :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-download-update-for-security-update-for-windows-vista-kb978601-520607.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys,

I'm wondering why this security patch for a zero day flaw in IE 11 is not checked by default? Surely it should be.

A:KB2964358 Important update (but not that important)

Don't know why.
I usually manually check one or right click on one & hide it.
I hide all bing desktop updates.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45596-kb2964358-important-update-but-not-important.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi when running windows update all the updates fail and give the error code 800706F7. I have retried 3 times all to the same result. i have searched for this error code and the only results i found was about removing a previous 2014 update but this was not on my computer. i have ran the System Update Readiness Tool which installed 1 update however i can still not download the other updates

A:windows update error code 800706F7 54 important updates failed

Tried again and am now also getting error codes 80246007 and 8007002

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/371496-windows-update-error-code-800706f7-54-important-updates-failed.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I've been having this same issue for over a year now and I can NOT find a solution. I registered today because I don't know what else to do.
I keep getting this notification "solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings" almost daily. The message says it's a security thing and even though I check the box everytime, I still get that message.

A:solve pc issues 1 important message Change windows update settings

For that message to go away you must have Windows Update set to automatically download and install updates.
What WU setting do you have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/343471-solve-pc-issues-1-important-message-change-windows-update-settings.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I'M GETTING THIS MESSAGE WHEN I GO TO ONLY ONE WEBSITE....

An   issue prevented Internet Explorer from displaying the web page.    Click the button above to launch HP Network Check to automatically   diagnose and repair the issue.<o:p></o:p><u1:p></u1:p>
About HP Network Check

Can automatically detect, diagnose and repair   many common network issues

Integrated with Windows Network Diagnostics   Framework, so it runs both simultaneusly

Provides clear instructions to resolve issues   that cannot be fixed automatically

Shows key system and network information for   easier troubleshooting

WHEN I ALLOW DIAGNOSIS...NO ISSUE IS DETERMINED....INDICATES 'NO ISSUE FOUND WITH  CONNECTION.  HOW ONE OR TWO ISSUES WITH INTERNET WEBSITE (?)...
IT'S JUST AN EMPLOYMENT WEBSITE.....NOT COMPUTER SAAVY....NOT OFFENDED FOR A DUMBDOWN....THANK YOU

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfb3377-04d7-4bcb-a868-522eda8a4a40/previous-computer-crashdue-to-windows-updaterecovery-donenow-important-website?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 73.1%

Microsoft preps monster security update for next week - Computerworld

A:A big windows update is coming Febuary 12.

Cool. That's one reason I like the MS ecosystem, they stay on top of such things.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/19900-big-windows-update-coming-febuary-12-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

OS Windows Vista Home Premium bit Japanese Hi Usually when there is an update for windows I click on it and click install and after re-start I do confirm the installation and close But on September I got an update alert I did as usual but after few seconds I got another I did it again and after the fourth update I took the screen shot to confirm if the update is same or new and it was same update which I had already showing vista again and update again Windows why? update, same done and even showed in the confirmation quot Successfully installed quot Now it is am September th and so far several times the same update has been appeared Some part is copied below also screen shots for reference Office Excel KB Option Microsoft Office suites KB Microsoft Office suites Windows vista update, showing same update again and again why? KB lt ------YOU CAN SEE CONFIRMATION SORRY TEXT IS IN JAPANESE I wonder why it is appearing again and again and is there any way to get rid of this update Any advice or suggestion will be helpful Additional I ran virus soft and did not find any on computer I cleared cookies history Also restarted computer but problem remain there I have also tired to right click on the update Icon in the task tray to make it disappear but I did not Thank you

A:Windows vista update, showing same update again and again why?

This will give you needed information
Yesterday's updates proving to be a problem
You have to right cliick on the actual update, before it installs again

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301190-windows-vista-update-showing-same-update-again-again-why.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Everyone,

Recently, the same Windows Update for .Net Framework keeps popping up. It says it installed successfully but then reappears a few minutes later. I ran sfc /scannow as suggested on the Microsoft support website. After running, it said it could not fix all problems and to check the CBS.log file... attached below. I don't quite know what to do with this. I've done some successful troubleshooting over the years, but looking at that file for a few minutes and my eyes began to glaze over. The first part is attached below, but it's much longer and exceeds the limit for an attachment. I'll certainly post the rest of the CBS.log if necessary. The System Update Readiness Tool was also unsuccessful.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Tom

A:Windows Update for Vista 32-bit - Update reappears

Try to apply this registry :
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/win-services/vista/msiserver.reg

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538925/windows-update-for-vista-32-bit-update-reappears/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey Everyone,

I think Windows 7 is awesome but still think it needs alot of fixes with issues. Anyways I don't know about you but when I installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bit (full clean install) it gave me numerous windows updates and such, but over the past month or so I haven't gotta anymore. Is this just Microsoft being lazy or are they waiting to release a big update like SP1 for Windows 7. I have windows updates set as "download updates but let me choose when to install them" and I have choosen "only download important updates" as well. So is Microsoft updating weekly or is my windows updates just broken?

A:Windows 7 Update Times

There hasn't been any since early-mid Dec. but there are some coming tomorrow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/54569-windows-7-update-times.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My desktop was running smoothly prior to last night's Windows 8.1 Update 1, now unable to come out of sleep mode. It initializes, but then quickly dies. Powering up manually is then successful, no immediate error messages after.

Have searched the issue with no returns and attempted to update the driver for my ATI Radeon HD 4850, but was unsuccessful (?) The AMD Catalyst software installed, but the driver install itself failed. Current driver is 'ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)'
Any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated!
AH

A:After Windows 8.1 Update 1, crashing coming out of sleep

Restore it back to one day before the update that should do it, hopefully you do have restore points.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530517/after-windows-81-update-1-crashing-coming-out-of-sleep/
Relevancy 72.67%

My Dell XPS 9000 desktop was running smoothly prior to last night's Windows 8.1 Update 1, now unable to come out of sleep mode. It initializes, but then quickly dies. Powering up manually is successful, no error messages after.

Have searched the issue with no returns and attempted to update the driver for my ATI Radeon HD 4850, but was unsuccessful (?) The AMD Catalyst software installed, but the driver install itself failed. Current driver is 'ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)'

Any help diagnosing would be greatly appreciated!

AH

A:After Windows 8.1 Update 1, crashing coming out of sleep

I was just about to ask a very similar question. My laptop won't come out of sleep mode either. I close the lid or put it into sleep mode manually and it won't wake up. I have to hold down the power button to restart. I've mostly messed with the power setting to no avail. It seems like there is something preventing it from waking up, rather than the "won't go to sleep" problem that earlier versions of Win8 were having.

I have a suspicion that it has something to do with how 8.1 recognizes my Intel graphics chipset and Nvidia card. But really, thats just a suspicion.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44147-after-windows-8-1-update-1-crashing-coming-out-sleep.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Is there a way todo a fresh install of windows without having to running windows update a number of times?

I've just got a new laptop and have allmy software installed and all the bloat removed, but i have to keep running windows update.

I think i'm on my 5th or 6th update. Is there a way to get all the updates in one process?

thanks

A:new install without having to run windows update 100 times?

It's been my experience that no there isn't a short cut here. I know it's a long process but unless you had a prefect image of the original hard drive backed up and restored that image to a formatted drive your only option that I know and use is the clean install with updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/203816-new-install-without-having-run-windows-update-100-times.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Does anyone know which KB number did an update to the Times New Roman font??  We had a bunch of updates last Thursday (they are controlled by our sys admin) and this has negatively affected our dental program (Axium) here at UNLV School of Dental
Medicine.    

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dbbb33eb-8e7b-4a61-b6bc-ea03c4cfc154/times-new-roman-in-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello this is a strange problem to even describe. I have windows 7 and was updating it, but there seems to have been a problem in the update. Windows will start but even when I enter safe mode the problem remains. The problem is many fold, first writing from the "windows" parts, icons and letters in general don't show. In addition things like the "start menu" don't work. When you right click on something to bring up a menu it warps it into a long rectangle going from the top to the bottom of the screen and shows nothing in it. System restore through the normal means just isn't possible even in safe mode where the problems are the same. Is there some way to restore the system from the bios in windows 7 or some other option?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389652-bad-update-error-prevents-roll-back-update.html
Relevancy 71.81%

So I can see there are updates for Vista, I see the icon on my task bar... but I can't actually update it. When it opens the Windows Update window there's no text at all... I can still obviously see the "get updates" or w/e it's called button, but even if I click it it just doesn't update, it just constantly shows it updating (I doubt the update will take me 5+ hours on a cable connection, considering in the past the longest it's ever taken has been like 5 minutes...)

Relevancy 71.81%

Greetings My pc caught the Vista Antivirus the other day and today internet. Back! Keeps Security Center Removed 2012 Coming Virus Windows and Vista The first time it disabled the internet and removed windows security system and firewall as well as Vista 2012 Virus Keeps Coming Back! Removed Windows Security Center and internet. made it unsucessful to system restore I followed directions from http www bleepingcomputer com virus-removal remove-win- -antispyware- but I still Vista 2012 Virus Keeps Coming Back! Removed Windows Security Center and internet. can t turn on windows firewall or security I also can t start IPSEC policy agent under the dhcp dependencies I Vista 2012 Virus Keeps Coming Back! Removed Windows Security Center and internet. get the message Due to an identified problem Windows cannot display Windows Firewall Settings My computer caught the virus again today as I was browsing with another antivirus which didn t stop the virus from attacking again I want to make sure my computer is completely clean of this virus without disabling the internet and restoring windows security center without installing the OS I d also like a recomendation for an antivirus that is powerful enough against this virus Thank you in advance My HJ log is below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMYPRT EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system notepad exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system notepad exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows system notepad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Windows system FirewallControlPanel exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c am... Read more

A:Vista 2012 Virus Keeps Coming Back! Removed Windows Security Center and internet.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433537 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433537/vista-2012-virus-keeps-coming-back-removed-windows-security-center-and-internet/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys all of a sudden Windows Technical Preview is coming up in Windows Update and everytime I try and hide it, it keeps coming back up when I check for updates I don't want to install this because I am nervous about messing up my computer and if I don't like it I know I have recovery media now to get my computer to "out-of-the-box" state, but when I re-connect to one of my networks I will have lots of hassles getting it to work and connect how can I stop the Windows Technical Preview from coming up and keep it hidden

A:Technical Preview all of a sudden coming up in Windows Update

Delete the latest installed Windows Update (KB299xxxxx??) - that should stop it. Note that doing so will delete your Update History, and reset the SoftwareDistribution folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/347726-technical-preview-all-sudden-coming-up-windows-update.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Windows continually fails to update this module:
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2952664) -I have retried over and over, it continues to fail.
Error in windows update is:
Error: "WindowsUpdate_00003701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
So far there has been no solution provided.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b49b8eaa-3101-4ce8-815a-1f1ebf05bce5/windows-update-fails-installing-update-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems-kb2952664-with-error?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,

Recently I installed the latest update for Vista, and when I turned the computer on the next day, Vista booted, and it went to a screen telling me that it was configuring the updates I had installed last night.

The little swirly dough nut thing that replaced the hourglass (you know what I'm talking about) swirls while the updates are being prepared, but then it suddenly freezes. Safe Mode boots alright and when I scan with AVG, it says the boot sector of the disk has reading errors.

My specs are:

Windows Vista Premium 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ @ 2.21 GHz
1 Gig RAM
nVidia GeForce 7500 LE

A:Vista Update Installing Problems

Configure your BIOS to boot from CD/DVD drive first and then try to do a repair using your Restoration Disk. Also, I have found that DEP interferes with a lot of installs and programs operating correctly. Turn it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-update-installing-problems.651635/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,
I am trying to install security update for windows vista (KB2419640) and I haven't been able to install it for several weeks now. I have done a sfc /scannow and rebooted, and also I renamed the software distribution folder to software distribution.old, to clear the updates. I have also tried to download and install the system update readiness tool through windows update and through the microsoft website where it offers to download it.
This is really frustrating.
Do I really need this update because it keeps on popping up when windows update wants to install updates, and each time I download and installs, it fails.
Please advise
Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Vista update not installing

The KB was issued in 2011 and was for Vulnerabilities in Microsoft Data Access Components Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Go back to that period in looking at installed updates and delete it. Now attempt to redownload and install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-vista-update-not-installing-912498.html
Relevancy 71.81%

The last time I shutdown Vista it installed updates from Microsoft before shutting down When I turned on my computer the loading bar displayed and it did not go to the login screen so I turned off the computer Now when I try to boot into Windows I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen stating that Windows failed to start Selecting quot Start Windows Normally quot or quot Last boot won't installing -64 Vista after update bit Known Good Configuration quot both result in the loading bar displaying forever If I try any of the quot Safe Mode quot options the files load until it displays quot Loaded windows system drivers crcdisk sys quot and then it hangs Vista won't boot after installing update -64 bit up If I try to boot from the Vista bit DVD it says quot Windows is loading files quot and the progress bar completes the loading bar then displays with the copyright Microsoft below it the loading bar fades out and then it hangs on a black screen Any help would Vista won't boot after installing update -64 bit be much appreciated I know I can boot from an Ubuntu CD to save my personal files before doing a reinstall of Vista but it would be much simpler for me if I could just get Vista to fully boot again Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-wont-boot-after-installing-update-64-bit-312298.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am updating my computer and I thought it was finish but my computer restarts and I encountered the death blue screen. I can't switch into safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with Command Prompt and Last Known good configuration. I don't know how to solve this problem because I can't get into any of the modes and even I inserted the installation disc I can't still see any repair computer or what. It will just turn to blank screen with space at the upper left after if i will insert the installation disc. Please help me. I really need your help.

A:Windows Vista Crashes after I install update from windows update

Hello none21,
Go in to the Bios, and make the first boot device the DVD/CD drive, insert the Vista DVD/CD and reboot, it should now boot from the Vista disk, from there you will be able to carry out a repair, or set it back to the point before you installed the update with system restore.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/271028-windows-vista-crashes-after-i-install-update-windows-update.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My computer beeps once and freezes.  This can happen once and stop or it could continuously beep freezing my computer.  My computer also has problems updating windows.  More specifically any security update for microsoft .net Framework 4.  Manual installation or repair gives me the fatal error during installation message.

A:Computer freezes at times and cannot update Windows

Hi Kimaran,

Look here : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Troubleshoot-problems-with-installing-updates

However you may have more serious problems of hardware failure.Most generally the continuous beeping is indicative of a BIOS code being issued from the motherboard.

You can find more information here: http://www.pctechbytes.com/hardware/computer-beeps-continuously/

There are also other possibilities; CPU, RAM and Motherboard: http://www.memtest86.com/

You can always post back for further assistance.

Good Luck

Regards.....................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500996/computer-freezes-at-times-and-cannot-update-windows/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have been having problems installing Service Pack 2 on Vista. I have downloaded SP2 Update from Microsoft Windows Update Site. I have been getting an error saying that I should download and run the "Check for System Update Readiness" tool at Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008.

So, I opened the link, downloaded and ran the program. I have downloaded and installed all windows updates available but still I'm getting the same error. Is there a solution available?

A:Error installing Vista SP2 Update - 0x8007000D

Well, looking at the fact that your are wanting to install SP2 which is in beta I'd say you probably have more Beta software installed. Henceforth Vista is having trouble as it is all untested beta rubbish. No use installing it unless you are a developer or just have too much time at hand to resolve and report bugs.

Sounds though like the download corrupted. Try downloading on another PC, chuck it on a stick or CD, and install from there.
Other possible reasons could be corrupted windows OS files (Not unusual with beta's) bad HDD (Run a check disk, and please do not use reg fixes) or bad lan connection if installing from network share.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/209401-error-installing-vista-sp2-update-0x8007000d.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello

I'm not an expert about computer hardware but I have recently performed a clean installation of windows 7 to my laptop then I had install about 100 updates + drivers to use the software which required me to restart about 10 times, I read online that this can stress the hard drive or some hardware component which has got me concerned about it.

My question: Is it okay if I do about 10 restarts due to windows/drivers asking me to perform the restart action?

A:Is it safe to restart a few times when windows update requires you to?

There are always good reasons for Windows Updates to request a restart - and it allows WU to recheck and update the list of required updates.

A clean install of Windows 7 (RTM) currently requires about 99 updates - and then there's SP1 to install, and a number of other items, to get it fully up-to-date.

Short answer - restart as and when requested, or it can actually cause problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/315691-safe-restart-few-times-when-windows-update-requires-you.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Been the same update for the past week or so,I don't use defender but it's annoying me because it keeps asking me to update but always fails.My hunch is the update is corrupted when it downloaded.Tried sfc /scannow it fixed some files,installed the latest Microsoft hotfix and still fails. Is there a way to delete the update and make it re-download because i think its corrupted and that's why it wont install or maybe it's another problem,unsure.Any suggestions and help is much appreciated.

A:Update fails multiple times Windows defender

Hello Miguel,

You might see if using OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to reset Windows Update may help.

Windows Update - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/233310-update-fails-multiple-times-windows-defender.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Okay this is the third time I'm typing this this is not my computer When I tried to backspace out some text by highlighting and using backspace the full posting went -poof- and gone Twice Bummer So this will be short This update: kb3046269 many times Windows installs successfully computer is a Windows Home Premier Edition -bit The update kb installs over and over again and is quot successful quot each time I've tried various things including sfc scannow which noticed that kb was damaged but didn't offer any help repairing Net etc and have researched this problem on the internet Nothing helpful to me there I should note that otherwise Windows Update on this computer is operating Windows update: kb3046269 installs successfully many times just fine as far as I can tell Updates are found and really installed successfully except for kb that just says that its successful It's a mystery to me why this one Windows update: kb3046269 installs successfully many times update should be such a problem child I think that I've also uploaded and attached the requested CBS zip archive with the surt output I'd be grateful for any suggestions or help with getting this update installed Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389693-windows-update-kb3046269-installs-successfully-many-times.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

So I upgraded to the GTX 750 ti a while back, and had some trouble with bsod crashes caused by the ntoskrnl.exe file. So I reinstalled windows, but still got bsods, but caused by a different file, so I made a topic about it here: Random BSOD xNrKrnl.exe IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Now, after getting the gpu tested, I put it back in and I reinstalled windows again, a legit version this time. But I still get BSOD at random times, and I get it every time I try Windows Update, either while downloading or installing. The file causing the crash is the same as the first time, ntoskrnl.exe

What is causing this problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389638-bsod-during-windows-update-random-times-after-gpu-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi all,

Just thought I would pass on this valuable info if you are having windows update speed issues in Windows 7 32bit and 64bit.

Below is a link to the answer from German blogger Dalai via Woody Leonard; this sorted my windows update..with patch links to respective versions.
now takes within 2 mins to check and display updates.

2 easy steps to speed up Windows 7 Update scans | InfoWorld

A:Having Windows Update issues, slow, endless check times; Try this!

For what it is worth, I just followed the procedures outlined in the link and then ran 'check for updates.' It has been checking for over an hour.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399469-having-windows-update-issues-slow-endless-check-times-try.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Experts,

After MS Office 2007 update KB2596787 failed I found some HD problems with chkdsk. I believe there are some corrupted system files. I wonder if some kind soul could advise how to repair i.e. which specific files and where to get them from?

Logs/screenshots attached.

Many thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/381324-win-7-update-error-80070663-when-installing-update-kb2596787.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Microsoft is reportedly putting the finishing touches on the Windows Anniversary Update which is build Windows next Update week reportedly finalizing 10 Anniversary RTM - Microsoft coming slated to arrive on August The report comes from Windows Central saying that build should be the first RTM release to manufacturing build The company has begun the sign-off process for the build which means that it will put a variety of builds through internal tests and then it will pick the best one for a public release According to the report Insiders can expect Microsoft reportedly finalizing Windows 10 Anniversary Update - RTM build coming next week to see a final build by the end of next week The timeline isn t surprising With the Anniversary Update less than a month away we should certainly be in the polishing phase The fate ofWindows phones that are ineligible for the Anniversary Update is still undetermined Such unsupported devices have had a sort of quot upgrade at your own risk quot option through the Release Preview ring These users will be unable to install the Anniversary Update but it s not clear if build will remain available for them The report also states that the Redstone Rs builds that Microsoft is compiling are in the xx range and should begin shipping to Insiders in mid-to-late August The Redstone update isn t slatedto arrive for the public until April nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-reportedly-finalizing-windows-10-anniversary-update-rtm-build-coming-next-week.61192/
Relevancy 69.23%

I've tried to install this multiple times: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586

Here's what I've done so far to try and fix:

Code:
sfc /scannow
multiple times as admin. No errors reported.

Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow
I've checked the Windows logs but didn't find anything.

When Windows restarts I get the Windows logo, but it then goes to a blue screen and asks me if I want to restart, or reset my PC. I restart and then I get a message saying the update install failed.

A:Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586 update fails multiple times

Try this if you have not tried it (you do not say)

Download iso, click on it and run setup.exe.

Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36754-windows-10-pro-version-1511-10586-update-fails-multiple-times.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone I have an problem with my Windows Professional bit system My problem is similar to this thread but since it's old and one poster mentioned quot do not necro-post quot I decided to make a new thread OK so I have a problem When prompt to install an important update I want to know what I am installing So I click onto details This image pops up This problem occurs on other system also but I have rule out the Internet as an issue I have tried with mobile broadband direct connection to the modem tethering with my iPhone I got it when I worked for Apple sex months and my Android sorry important details update Can see not about no Windows phone yet they are too expensive considering my Can not see details about important update needs I am running a Windows Professional bit operating system on a home-built system that has this specification Motherboard ASRock G M-GS CPU Intel Core Duo E MB Cache MHz X FSB MHz RAM GB DDR GPU AMD Radeon HD or the box says and the AMD update says Any thoughts on troubleshooting Kind regards Winky

A:Can not see details about important update

It's seems my picture did not work that well from SkyDrive. Here is a link from my Dropbox instead.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rva168sqfk...dowsUpdate.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/276717-can-not-see-details-about-important-update.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey

Sorry if this sounds like a really amateur question, but on some websites I see links to update your drivers via a download, and since you're not installing any new hardware, what's the significance of downloading something onto one of your drivers? How does your computer run better after updating? When do you know to replace the driver you have with a new one?

Sophie

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone, I have been having problems installing the kb976932 update for weeks now. I feel like I tried everything. Im about ready to take a sledge hammer to this thing!

My main question, is this really that important?

I am mainly trying to install a printer to my computer which is unsuccessful and one of the troubleshooting suggestion by the printer manufacturer is to make sure the Windows updates are installed. Idk if this could be the problem or not.

A:Is the kb976932 update really that important?

This is Service Pack 1, so it very well could be the answer. I'm not saying that it is because I can't know.

Here's an official Microsoft website for Service Pack 1:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Source: Information about Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2

The official Microsoft website for Service Pack 1 has a link to download Service Pack 1 from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

You'll see a big list of files to download. Here's some text that explains what each one is for:

Information
7601.17514.101119-1850_Update_Sp_Wave1-GRMSP1.1_DVD.iso - This DVD image contains standalone update for all architectures.
windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe - This application installs Sp1 to a 32-bit machine running Windows 7.
windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe - This application installs Sp1 to a 64-bit machine running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
windows6.1-KB976932-IA64.exe - This application installs Sp1 to an Itanium 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 32-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.X86CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 32-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for 64-bit machines. This contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.AMD64CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for 64-bit machines. This contains debugging symbols for both Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.IA64FRE.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (free) for Itanium 64-bit machines.
Windows_Win7SP1.7601.17514.101119-1850.IA64CHK.Symbols.msi - Standalone debugging symbols (checked) for Itanium 64-bit machines.
You will want either windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe (32-bit) or windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe (64-bit) depending on whether you have 32-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit. Be cautious because there's one named windows6.1-KB976932-IA64.exe. That is for Itanium 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/282768-kb976932-update-really-important.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hi
today i did check for new update
and the windows 8.1 updater found an important update
western digital techologies-other hardware-wd ses device

but i haven't western digital hard drivers ..it'a laptop with a ssd installed

did you notice such upate?

thanks

A:wd ses device in the important update

I didn't get one. Did you install the SSD or did it come with your PC? If you installed it, it could be that the drivers from your old(possibly a WD?) and any registry keys are picked up by Windows update. I've noticed with Ccleaner, it shows a program that is already uninstalled sometimes in Cleaner Applications tab. I then have to go into the registry and do a recursive search for left over keys so it will stop showing up.
Or are you using an USB HDD?

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60941-wd-ses-device-important-update.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have Secunia on my Acer Windows 8 laptop. According to latest scan today it's telling me I need an update for Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) 4.x That I don't understand since I've updated the laptop every time updates have been offered unless Microsoft failed to send it. (However, I haven't undated to Windows 8.1 yet -- I always hang back on that kind of major update to see what happens with everybody else.) I might be savy about a heck of a lot of things to do with computers but I don't know anything about that particular program. I started to read some stuff on it on the net, however, there's so much disagreement on it I gave up trying to figure out what to do. I hope I can get some good advice on that issue here. HELP!

A:Might Be Missing An Update That Could Be Important

Microsoft only publishes new updates for Windows on Tuesdays at 3am but unless if you don't install those updates those updates will be offered to you later if you choose to do so manually. Windows by default installs security important updates by automatically. To see if that update was installed go to the control panel select "Windows Update" then select "View Update History" Windows is great at managing updates on it's own you can also select not to automatically install Windows updates, and choose which ones to update and install. There is no need for 3rd party software to do this for you.

How To Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 8 & 8.1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/might-be-missing-an-update-that-could-be-important-792322.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows updates keeps installing/reinstalling the same update over and over again. I looked in my update history and it shows that they are installed successfully every time. What should I do and is this using space on my laptop by re-installing over and over again?

A:Solved: Windows updates keeps installing/re-installing the same update over and over

It is not using any space. Right-click the ones you already have and hide them so they don't come back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-updates-keeps-installing-re-installing-the-same-update-over-and-over.1022585/
Relevancy 68.8%

I downloaded the latest critical updates from (everyone's favorite company) microsoft's page. When I (attempted) to restart my PC, "Windows could not start b/c the following file is missing/corrupted" \WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM My XP Pro startup CD does nothing (CD-ROM issue maybe... it's a picky one) -- So there's no repairing. When I tried to start in safe mode, I got the same message with the following list before it: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT\system32 \ntoskrnl.exe " \hal.dll " \KDCOM.DLL " \BOOTVID.dll " \config\system " \config\system.log Any attempt at starting in safe mode or doing anything else, failed and sent me right back to the error message screen containing the message in quotes at the begining.
Jamie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-back-d-led-windows-xp-update-but-m.73911/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have just done a reinstall of the OEM Windows Any WGA hidden to updates" banner Update? important way in hide "you have nag Windows XP installation and it kindly offered to install WGA for me I declined as I don't want that spyware Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? on my computer but when I unchecked it from the update and checked the quot don't offer this update anymore quot option I now get a big yellow banner at the top of my Windows Update screen saying quot IMPORTANT You've Hidden Important Updates You've asked us not to show you one or more high-priority updates Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update? but your computer might be at risk until they are installed quot Is there any way to get this quot reminder quot hidden First of all it's kind of shady of them to call this an quot important update quot and claim that WGA has anything to do with my computer being at risk but secondly if I've asked to not be shown it anymore why do they think it's any better to show me a big banner-ad reminding me that I've asked not to be shown it anymore Jeez Thanks for any assistance

A:Any way to hide "you have hidden important updates" WGA nag banner in Windows Update?

Description of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA)

It's pretty basic. The core of it is, they are a company that sells computer Operating System software and don't want to be ripped off. And to prevent rip-offs from updating beneficial security and other support they provide FREE, they require you run the WGA.

That isn't unreasonable.

Don't like it? Get Linux or whatever.

:)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-way-to-hide-you-have-hidden-important-updates-wga-nag-banner-in-windows-update-543518.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi I have a Windows x machine that is permanently stuck trying to install the same update I have followed various posts loops to install with important Windows Update updates" computer your a "Restart off of MS websites to rename SoftareDistribution etc but none have helped HAve tried Boot intoClean Boot Mode and try updating again Run the Microsoft Fixit and see how it works nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp How do I reset Windows Update components Try System Update Readiness tool by referring toWhat is the System Update Readiness Tool Run System File Checker tool and see how it works The WindowsUpdateClient log posts the error x bc CBS log has the following - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates" nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Session initialized by client WindowsUpdateAgent - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd Parent Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd Disposition Detect VersionComp EQ ServiceComp GE BuildComp GE DistributionComp GE RevisionComp GE Exist present - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Superseded - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detectParent package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd parent found Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package bf ad e amd state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl detect Parent Package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd disposition state from detectParent Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Appl Evaluating package applicability for package WUClient-SelfUpdate-ActiveX bf ad e amd applicable state Installed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp e CSI Transaction x fa initialized for deployment engine d d c- d - d - d- c b with flags and client id quot TI quot - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp f Pending transaction content must be resolved cannot begin another transaction yet - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get transaction analysis because of pending operations Disposition from Analyze x HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI nbsp nbsp nbsp CSI Transaction x fa destroyed - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to get inventory HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to load current component state HRESULT x bc - ERROR FAIL REBOOT REQUIRED - - Info nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp CBS nbsp nbsp nbsp Failed to find or add t... Read more

A:Windows Update loops with a "Restart your computer to install important updates"

Thanks Alex
I had already tried the steps in the post you linked.
In the end I have had to reinstall Windows 7 over the top (keeping all settings) and this has fixed the issue with Windows Updates.
It is frustrating that I could not find a solution as I do not like glossing over the issues without first finding a solution but unfortunately it was not my pc and time was against me.
Thanks for all the replies.
Simon

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0f374ba3-b5fc-4374-be3c-6ed5462c0903/windows-update-loops-with-a-quotrestart-your-computer-to-install-important-updatesquot?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I was not installing changing or doing any maintenance of any kind on my PC The only recent change was that Firefox updated to a new version There was a notice that updates were so win 12, stuck far. 2 6 update installing hours is of update still ready and I was turning my PC off anyway - went quickly but I saw it stick on That was two hours ago I am unwilling to proceed without advice I have also been struggling with a similair issue with a relatives PC with almost no luck These machines are in the same house and run win but are not shared or networked win update is still stuck installing update 6 of 12, 2 hours so far. and have seperate ISPs Is windows just having a bad week Some kind of attack I have no idea The relative's PC is older and wasn't performing well even before it got stuck in update In fact I ran update on that one in hopes of solving those issues I believe there are several issues in play there At the moment I'm more concerned with how to safely interrupt update on my PC and fix the cause It has been running flawlessly until now Thanks

A:win update is still stuck installing update 6 of 12, 2 hours so far.

What common software is installed? Anti-virus? Registry Destroyers Cleaners?
what users are common to both machines?
What are the KB numbers of the affected updates?

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MBcompressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file isbelow the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (theforum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/352164-win-update-still-stuck-installing-update-6-12-2-hours-so-far.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hello friend..

I cannot update windows 10 to anniversary update. Every time I check for update, this came out

"We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet."

I am connected to internet, Mozilla firefox is ok, utorrent is ok, everything is fine except windows update.
I have try disable the firewall, turn off windows defender, disable antivirus, none of it work.
I downloaded windows10 update assistant, did not work.
I don't know what is blocking windows update form connecting to internet.

Any suggestion? or perhaps solution.

Thank You.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62813-unable-update-windows-update-cannot-connect-update-service.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Anyone else receive this as an important update and had problems with it as well? I just hid it for now. KB3000850 Thanks!

A:KB3000850 important update failed?

It is known to have problems so I have still not installed it yet.
Some had no problems but others did.
I am going to save an image of my laptop then try, when I have the time.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66179-kb3000850-important-update-failed.html
Relevancy 68.37%

What about make it possible to when fans are opened one can have undelying have great update question IE. important of I an in a fans too for each fans if one like I find it very usefull if one is trying to study lets say wikipedia where you need to find underlying facts about the fact you are reading about Let me give an example Atom ----- Proton and fan next to it maybe could be neutron and so on lt --under here is the underlying fan of the first top fan Or a fan under a fan under a fan I have an important question of a great update in IE. and so on Would make it much easier if one is searching and reading the undelying things about the top thing you are studying Reason for underlying fans is to make it easier and not confusing when going back and forth in what you read And on the next fan you can have other underlying fans I have an important question of a great update in IE. for the next topic of choosing that also ofc Is it possible to get this update Thx in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/i-have-an-important-question-of-a-great-update-in-ie-274824.html
Relevancy 68.37%
Relevancy 68.37%

Good morning,

Several weeks ago I received an update for Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5. Unfortunately when WinPatrol asked permission to accept these new updates, I mistakenly clicked no.

I have looked for ways to undo my mistake: I checked my list of installed updates and found 2 Hotfixes for .Net Framework 3.5, KB953595 and KB958484. Also the Firefox addons window shows a new addition: .Net Framework Assistant 1.0. I have searched for the appropriate updates on the Microsoft Update website, but only became lost and confused.

I believe these .Net Framework updates are important for my computer and should be reinstalled correctly. However, I do not know which updates to uninstall nor the correct .Net update to reinstall.

Will someone please advise?

Thank you,

Vaesther

A:Need to Find and Reinstall An Important Update

Check this out and see if it offers what you meed.
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/netframework.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-find-and-reinstall-an-important-update.799359/