Windows Support Forum

Moving columns data into new row

Q: Moving columns data into new row

Hi,i found this question and seems near to my problem, but I totally dont know how to revise the code."Excel: Moving Column Data Into New Rows??"I have this data:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1Email 2FullName 2Designation 2CountryCode 2Phone 2EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves +65 90221111 [email protected] R234567 Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor +65 9851234 [email protected] Samboy Lim Account +65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department +65 67672345 [email protected] and I need the above data to be like this:UniqueID Company 1FullName 1Designation 1CountryCode 1Phone 1EmailR123456 Company1 Chris Reeves 65 90221111 [email protected] Company2 Sam Lim Sole Proprietor 65 9851234 [email protected] Company2 Samboy Lim Account 65 94890987 [email protected] Company3 Jose Accounts Department 65 67672345 [email protected] help.Thanksedited by moderator: Mask email addresses

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Moving columns data into new row

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Moving columns data into new row

I have edited your post to mask anything that looks like an valid email address. We do not want this forum to become a place where email addresses can be harvested. Once the bad guys start hanging around it's really hard to get rid of them.I can not determine the layout of your input or output data.Please click on the following line and read the instructions on how to post example data in this forum.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/moving-columns-data-into-new-row/20216.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey,

I have imported sales data in excel. The information lists in along two rows with mutliple columns. I need the information to be in one row under various headings. I have attached a link to a sample to explain this properly. I think I need to use a macro but I don't understand enough about them to make it work.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av0-qDbMrH0rdHJWaWlReXd4RXptWlpwME50UTBsclE

Relevancy 83.85%

I have data organised in paris of columns with differing amounts of data in each column pair.
I need to move all data to columns A&B:

- If there is data in columns C & D, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Then, if there is data in columns E & F, move it to the foot of columns A&B.
- Etc. til the end of the ActiveRange.

I've managed to do this using hard-coded column references, but it involves a lot of reptetition.
Presumably the code can be substantially compacted, and work to the end of the ActiveRange rather than to arbitrary end columns (in this case, cols AC and AD).

A:Solved: Excel VBA moving all data to columns A+B

Hi
This will work on the active sheet.... If you need this for multiple sheets we would need to alter the macro slightly. Test this on a copy of your xl file.

Code:

Sub appAB()

Dim i As Integer
Dim lRow As Integer
Dim lRowA As Integer

For i = 3 To 30 Step 2
lRow = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
lRowA = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
Range(Cells(1, i), Cells(lRow, i + 1)).Cut Destination:=Range("A" & lRowA)
Next

End Sub

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-vba-moving-all-data-to-columns-a-b.1128060/
Relevancy 81.27%

quot Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way quot Hello all Hopefully somebody can help me with the following problem please see the attached document Presently I have an Excel document containing variables - per country in rows for label through label x However I need the table to contain the country level information as Columns Way Data Request Rows Moving for in from Macro Non-Conventional Creation a to columns Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way for each label so that there is only one row per label For example instead of row containing label argentina variables - then row containing label arab emirates variables - I need the table to contain row label columns argentina variable argentina variable etc then arab emirates variables arab emirates variable etc Also the countries in the table that do not have information for a given label fall at the end of the list for each label instead of in alphabetical order Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way but they need to be placed in Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way alphabetical order when quot columnized quot I have provided the arab emirates as an example Alphabetically it comes before Argentina but in the list it comes after because it did not contain information for those given labels Since information per country will vary from label to label the countries must remain in alphabetical order in the columns regardless of whether information is provided or not per label Is there a macro that may be written for this Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read my post Happy day nbsp

A:Macro Creation Request for Moving Data from Rows to Columns in a Non-Conventional Way

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-creation-request-for-moving-data-from-rows-to-columns-in-a-non-conventional-way.1120209/
Relevancy 66.65%

I started out with the two previous posts about macros (post 1, post 2) that move rows into columns, but I'm having a little trouble getting it to work for what I need. First, I'm trying to do a data merge into Word, but in order to get the data merge to work/look the way I want it to, I need the XLS data to be in columns.

I'm attaching an example file that has one worksheet of the sample data (though my "real" data has about 300 rows) and the other worksheet is an example of the outcome I need.

Is there anyway I can do what I need? Exporting into another file or another worksheet within this file would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

A:XLS Macro to move data to columns, delete empty rows, delete duplicate columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xls-macro-to-move-data-to-columns-delete-empty-rows-delete-duplicate-columns.1014294/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have data that repeats hundreds of times. I am trying to put each string of data on 1 line.

f-name(A2) initial(B2) l-name(C2) ID#(D2) DOB(E2) Street(F2) company(G2)
City(F3) company#(G3)
State,Zip(F4)
Home Phone(F5)
Work Phone(F6)
Email(F7)

After the data is moved to one line I would like to delete the lines that previously housed the information. The company# can be deleted. I have never worked with macros. I would appreciate any help given.

A:Solved: move data from rows and columns to other rows and columns

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-move-data-from-rows-and-columns-to-other-rows-and-columns.932353/
Relevancy 63.21%

if I click on the column at the very top it will highlight the column, then I can drag and drop it somewhere, but it overwrites the column where I dropped it. how do I keep it from doing that?

its a CSV file im working with. I have another CSV viewer where I can easily drag and drop columns. but the problem with that one is the first line is not comma seperated, so I have to open it with notepad and remove the first line before I can view it errr...

A:moving columns in excel?

Create a blank column into which you can drag/drop the target column

letchworth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-columns-in-excel.555855/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all. First post so be kind! Bit of a novice at VBA, but i am sure this is possible..
basically, I have a contact list in Excel that I need to format 'correctly'. It is currently formatted with the address on multiple rows, with phone number and email address in another column ( i have attached a dummy file). I would like to 'move' data so it is in correct columns...
Name Address1 Address2 Address3 Address4 Address5 Phone Email

To make matters a bit trickier, the number of address rows varies, so it might be 5 rows or sometimes 3; and not all contacts have an email address (although they would always be in row "2" of a contact address.

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Finspa

Relevancy 58.05%

Alright so I have 2 workbooks lets say "workbooka" and "workbookb" they both contain the same column header "asset #". Workbooka has a list with no duplicates and is listed as column D. While Workbookb has a couple duplicates and is in column F. I wanted to be able to pull the information from workbookb into workbooka for only the "asset #" that match. Because of the duplicates however I have been running into a problem. Looking for input that does not involve a macros or add-in.

Thank you
AJ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/match-columns-and-data.1169717/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I m hoping someone can lead me in the right direction here I have a sql query that was written data Extract SQL to specific columns for me some time ago I need to have the data placed in specific columns and rows within the csv file Is it possible for me Extract SQL data to specific columns to do this Here is what I have below Lets say I need to place quot ASSRREAL Street quot in column D row of the csv file Any help or ideas would be great Thanks SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Unique id quot AS Uniqueid quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Taxpayer quot AS Name quot quot As Name quot RTRIM ASSRREAL In Care Of quot AS Careof quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Street quot AS Address quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Street Mailing Addr quot AS Address quot RTRIM ASSRREAL City quot AS City quot RTRIM ASSRREAL State quot AS State quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Zip ASSRREAL Zip quot AS Zipcode ASSRREAL Acreage AS Acres quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Map Block Lot Xtr Mbl quot AS MBL quot CONVERT varchar ASSRREAL Volume quot AS Volume quot CONVERT varchar ASSRREAL Page quot AS Page quot RTRIM LTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc St No quot AS Street Number quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc St Name quot AS Street Name quot RTRIM ASSRREAL Prop Loc Unit quot AS Street Unit FROM ASSRREAL WHERE ASSRREAL Delete Flag N AND ASSRREAL GSequence AND ASSRREAL Record Year ORDER BY ASSRREAL Prop Loc St Name ASSRREAL Prop Loc St No ASSRREAL Prop Loc Unit nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm trying to find a way to delete some data from a column, say column A. The numbers to be deleted are in another column, column B. Is there a way to have excel remove from column A, those numbers that appear in column B? It would require some way to compare, but I can't figure out if excel has this capability. If the columns were small, we could do this manually, but the data set is huge, with several thousand numbers.

Thanks for any help.
-wayne

Relevancy 57.62%

I ve been at this for what seems forever so any help would be greatly appreciated I want to compare data from one sheet to another and for any exceptions non matches I want it to copy and paste the entire row into a rd sheet I ve searched and found various codes about comparing columns but my need seems to be a little more columns VBA Compare data Solved: complex I want it to compare columns on sheet columns A amp B against columns on sheet columns C amp D and it does not what row they are in I also would like the sheet name to be included in the results I ve Solved: VBA Compare data columns attached a sample book with the data Sheet shows what data should generate from this code These would be the results because the names both first and last Solved: VBA Compare data columns do not appear on both sheets I dont have a lot of experience with code so any help would be great Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I have a really big problem in excel that I don t know how to do it In my workbook I have imported columns from txt files They are located in Z AA AB and AC Z amp AA contain the first and last name This can t contain any numbers AB amp AC contain the arrival departure hours This can data search same get two and columns VBA time t contain any words The list of names is made as the folowing the unique names always start from the top the dupplicated names always start after the unique list There can t be more than two instances of the same name and the list is contiguous Based on that I need to find only the dupplicated names that have one arrival and one departure hour in cells AB and AC So the first matched name should have AC blank and the dupplicate will have AB blank I will concatenate the names if it s easier to do the macro but I d rather not because the workbook itself is packed with loads of formulas and it s really making it difficult to calculate An example has been attached containg the VBA search two columns same time and get data expected result The workbook has sheets and they all use the same reference Z AA AB and AC from row and down Thank you for reading and for your intent to help I appreaciated Alex nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Is it possible to fetch some lines of data from a group of web pages and paste in to Excel?Pls view the image for required excel columns.

urls are,
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price dlf ltd | Get Quote dlf | BSE
Stock Share Price jaiprakash associates ltd | Get Quote jaipra | BSE
------------
-----------
up to 100 urls in a text file.

A:Web site data to excel columns

When you right click on the webpage and select "View source" from the context menu - do you see the info of interest; I don't. If the info were there, you could use InetGet. They know the value of the info being presented and they probably want to discourage automated data mining.

See if there is a mobile version of the webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/295491-web-site-data-excel-columns.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Here is a sample of the table that I am working with:

Year Warehouse Item# Period1 Period2 Period3 Period4 etc....

There are many more columns but my issue is that if there is a 0 or blanks for all columns from period 1 to period 12 then don't show that row. How do I get this to happen with a query?

A:Access - hide row if many columns contain same data

In the first Criteria row for each period column enter
>0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-hide-row-if-many-columns-contain-same-data.986072/
Relevancy 56.76%

Good Day Everyone I am using Excel Mac As I hope the example below shows I am trying to data without data moving previous overwriting forward take data numbers from cells such as A G and then moving that row of data to another location lets say A G this process may occur to times a day and I don t want to overwrite the previous cells of data rather I want to move new data to the next row as in A G to A G to A G and so on Ultimately at the end of a day I could potentially view rows of data - to be analyzed without overwriting any of the previous rows of data If possible I do not want to work in VB if possible is there a way to work within the basic options of Excel itself I can move the data from A G to A G and to A G but I keep overwriting previous rows of data I have tried advancing the data from one cell A let s say to A by using A which does not work I moving data forward without overwriting previous data have tried moving data forward without overwriting previous data using if statements such that if if A lt gt A A and similar but I keep getting circular errors I have tried using if statements to reference cell A from as an example from A but that does not work I don t know how to tell excel that if there is data in a cell such as A then to place the data into the next cell - which would be A OR better yet how to tell excel that if there is data in A or A or A - then place that data into the NEXT cell Sorry to be so stupid but I m really new to anything related to programming but I am learning If anyone could help I would be appreciative Thanks everyone J please see below lt - Data input on these cells original data input here A G lt - copy data to another set of cells to view for another application A G lt - set I do not want to overwrite the numbers A G lt - set A G lt - set A G lt - Perhaps there could be lt - to sets and so on down the page lt - of numbers It s possible that there could be rows lines of data which I need to be able to view nbsp

A:moving data forward without overwriting previous data

This would not be possible without using vba.
The reason for this is that if you used a formula, the formula stays there rather than the value it shows, and as soon as the inputs to the formula change, so does its output value.
That is, as soon as you change A1, A11, A12, etc would all change to the same thing.

The VBA you'd need looks like this.

Code:

Rem First, we need to find an empty row. This variable will hold the index of the row we want to check next.
Dim rowCounter
Rem Start just before the first row we want to check. I'm starting with row 7, so I'm using 6 here.
rowCounter = 6
Rem From here to Loop will be repeated until we find what we're after.
Do
Rem try the next row
rowCounter = rowCounter + 1
Rem check whether the first cell in this row is empty.
Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(rowCounter, 1))
Rem rowCounter now holds the index of the first empty row.

Rem copy the values from the first three cells of the first row to the third row.
Range("A1:G1").Copy Cells(rowCounter, 1)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-forward-without-overwriting-previous-data.1140601/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a very large spreadsheet (i.e. too big for pivoting and transposing wouldn't work) which looks something like this:
Col. ACol. BCol. CCol. DCol. ECol. FCol. GEntry1Info124562131654632435435Entry2Info150256874654242454654Entry3Info2221333333336546548463
I want it to look like this (i.e. flip Col.C through Col. G and line it up with Entry1, then do the same for Entry2, etc.):

Col. ACol. BCol. CEntry1Info12Entry1Info456Entry1Info2131Entry1Info6546Entry1Info32435435Entry2Info150Entry2Info25Entry2Info6874654Entry2Info242Entry2Info454654Entry3Info222Entry3Info133333Entry3Info333Entry3Info654654Entry3Info8463

Please help!

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have Worksheets I would like to compare the columns and add missing employees to Different Worksheets Columns Add Data on and Missing Compare the main worksheet and highlight any employees that no longer on the nd sheet Sample - Sheet Plant - PA's Column A Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Row Employee VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet VLOOKUP Formula to Sheet Sample - Sheet Employee List Query Column Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data A Column B Column C Row Employee Name Employee ID Start Date Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee Row Employee In the above example I would like to be able to add Employee from the Employee List Query to the bottom of the Plant - PA's sheet along with the VLOOKUP formulas in Columns B C I would also like to highlight Employee on the Plant - PA's as it has been removed form the Employee List Query sheet Hopefully this makes sense and is possible Thank you Sandi

A:Compare Columns on Different Worksheets and Add Missing Data

Hi,Here is an example of how i would do it, usually others will have a much cleaner and probably better way of coding the solution, however this is my way of doing it.Hopefully DerbyDad can provide a solution too.There are two method which you will need to call1) CopyMissingEmployeeThis will call IsOnOtherList and check if the employee exists on the other list, if not then the entire row is copied to sheet 12) HiglightRemovedThis will call IsMissing and will highlight any employees on sheet 1 where they do not appear on sheet 2.Hope this helpsPrivate Sub CopyMissingEmployee()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsOnOtherList(BCell.Value) = False Then

BCell.EntireRow.Copy

NextRow = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Sheet1.Paste Sheet1.Range("A" & NextRow + 1)

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsOnOtherList(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value = EmpID Then
IsOnOtherList = True
Exit For
Else
IsOnOtherList = False
End If

Next BCell

End Function

Private Sub HiglightRemoved()

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range
Dim NextRow

Set URange = Sheet1.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet1.Range(URange, LRange)

If IsMissing(BCell.Value) = True Then

'BCell.EntireColumn.Interior.Color = vbYellow
BCell.EntireRow.Interior.Color = vbYellow

End If

Next BCell

End Sub

Private Function IsMissing(EmpID As String) As Boolean

Dim URange, LRange
Dim BCell As Range

Set URange = Sheet2.Range("A2")
Set LRange = Sheet2.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)

For Each BCell In Sheet2.Range(URange, LRange)

If BCell.Value <> EmpID Then
IsMissing = True
Else
IsMissing = False
Exit For
End If

Next BCell

End Function

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/compare-columns-on-different-worksheets-and-add-missing-data/19897.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I m hoping there 2 3 columns compare EXCEL files data in is a formula within EXCEL that will allow me to complete this comparison I ve been working on it all day manually and realize it will take a long time to complete this way My computer is running on Windows Home Premium and my EXCEL is I have two different files and within each are three columns of data that I need to compare They re labeled NC NCI and SECNCI To be considered a match I need all three fields within a row to match exactly to a row within the other file The first file called REQUEST NET FILE has over rows of data so naturally there will be many repeats of these same three fields in that file but each row where the three fields match any row of data on the second file called DEPLOYED TABLE FILE needs to be the same to be considered a match If it doesn t match if possible I d also like to know why This could fall into two different scenarios NC CODE IS NOT ON DEPLOYED TABLE FILE or NCI SECNCI combo not on deployed table for this NC Once complete I ll run the same process in reverse so both files will end up with a match or no match next to each row If I need to run two separate compares one to EXCEL 2 files compare data in 3 columns get the match and then one on just the no match results to find the second bit of info I can do that Or if the second criteria can t be found via excel formula just the match no match result will be acceptable as that will save me so much time I was thinking a vlookup could do the compare for me but I m not good with vlookup formulas and after struggling a few hours with it I started searching and came across your site I ve found a few similar topics but nothing that I can translate into something for my specific need I ve attached portions of the two files and you can see on the REQUEST NET FILE where I ve managed to get to with doing it manually It s quite a tedious process so I m really hoping you can help Thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have data in columns - starting A Data columns Formulas Creating from in in rows - P and another set of data from A -P I have various formulae using that data starting in A -A I wish to include the second row of data the A -P into a second set of formulas from B -B Filling right doesn t work because if the formula in the A column is something as simple as quot A C D quot when I fill right the formula in the B column is quot B D E quot - when I NEED it to read quot A C D quot I realize there is probably a simple workaround for this - in fact I COULD just rekey the formula the reasons I don t are the formulas are more elaborate than I listed there will be many more rows of data at least more - Creating Formulas in rows from Data in columns so rekeying the formula for EACH row of data would be time-consuming and it will eventually move the formulas off the same visible area as the data I m currently combatting that by having the panes frozen Is there any way to accomplish what I m trying to get done Chris nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,
I have an excel sheet with 3 columns. What I want to do is, I need to be able to find value in column 3, that corresponds to a value in column 2. The value in column2 should match the value in col 1.

Example

Input Data
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------2------A
2------7------B
7------1------C
5------9------D

The result should be
Col1 Col2 Col3
1------1------C
2------2------A
7------7------B
5------9------D
Please help me.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi all,

I am using the below formula (that I found on this forum) to calculate the age based on a DOB. I now want to create a formula for the next column to have either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ if the age is above a certain value.

If this is possible, is it then possible if I have two ages in separate columns to generate a ‘Yes’ if either of the age’s are above the specified Value?

Formula for Age Calculation;
=DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"y") & "y,"&DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"ym") & "m,"& DATEDIF($C24,NOW(),"md") & "d"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks.

A:Data in columns formula to generate a new column

try this

=IF (Cell you do the calculation in > age you want to test , "Yes" , "No" )
if you want to test two columns , then

=IF ( OR(column1 > age, column2 > age ), "Yes", "No")

can you load a dummy spreadsheet and we can check the above works OK

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-in-columns-formula-to-generate-a-new-column.1075657/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a large excel file (3k= rows) of name/addr info. I want to transpose the date so information appears in its own column for sorting, etc. The problem is the data is not consistant. (sometimes there is two address enteries, sometimes three. In another record there may be two phone numbers. So each company may have six or seven rows of info. The only consistancy is that the company name is in bold. I've tried to attach a sample file so you can see what my task is. I'm not real good with Excel, so treat me like a dumy; it's OK.
I really appreciate the help.

Bill

A:Transposing column data into multiple columns

Bill, that was an awkward one, but I think this does what you want.
Just click on the "CommandButton1" and watch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/transposing-column-data-into-multiple-columns.722519/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie here, so hoping someone can help me!!
I have Names and Mobile Number in Column A. I need to find a way of moving Mobile Numbers into Column B - please tell me there is a simple way in which this can be done.....HELP!

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi - I m semi-proficient with excel and I m actually working on creating some dashboard reports at this time One problem I m having is separating some of the data from a specific column Let me give you an example This column has over lines in Excel columns? separation Data Solved: this is just a sample What I need to do is break this column out by month and show how many dates are from the last month the last - months and the Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? ones that are months in the past Of course I want the sheet to show this info automatically so it has to know the current date which I can do by placing the formula quot TODAY Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? quot So what I m asking for is what formula and format would I use to count how many cells in this column fall into each of date ranges I mentioned Also I did manage to use the DAYS A C for example where A quot Today quot and C quot quot above This information is in cells next to the above data as follows - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - So I figured out how to list how many days I have since the date Solved: Data separation in Excel columns? in the first column but not how to break them apart within the column Hopefully this is enough information to request some help but if you need more info please let me know I ll watch the thread closely Thank you -Drake nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

On the attached spreadsheet, I need a total count of baselined desktops (minus the ones that have been deleted)...my problem is how do I get it to look at one record, mark that that agent had been a baselined one, but is now deleted, so don't count it. I can't just remove the deleted ones, cause I want my customer to know which agents have disappeared. Take a look at the formula in B2 for a general idea. That formula doesn't work cause it just adds everything together. I need it to be smart enough to Total the Baselined Agents and then Subtract the agents that are baselined and deleted per field. Any questions let me know. Look at B2 to get an idea and see if I'm on the right track.

A:Solved: Excel - Trying to count 2 columns (almost as one) to get data for a 3rd.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-trying-to-count-2-columns-almost-as-one-to-get-data-for-a-3rd.737946/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a column that contains the full name of a client, eg. Mr B Cooney and I want to divide this into three columns (Title, Firstname and Surname). Can anyone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

All,

First, thank you all for you time and knowledge in advance.

Here's my situation. I'm working with file that is sent to me with populated information, in this example Col A
What I would like to do is enter information in Col B and then do a comparison of both A and B, letting me know if something in Col B is not in Col A and also is something in Col A not in Col B.

I need to know if what was sent to my in the spread sheet match what I physically inventoried.

I have provided an example.

Hopefully I did not over complicate my request.

Thank you,

miketx

A:Solved: comparing data in two columns in Excel

does this help
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213367
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/excel-help/use-excel-to-compare-two-lists-of-data-HA001103915.aspx

or this may ble closer to what you need
http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/174998-excel-compare-2-lists-highlight.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-comparing-data-in-two-columns-in-excel.989078/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi A does anyone know how to search for the text content Searching Rows/Columns EXCEL Data in of a cell through a column and then return the value content of the cell of a certain other column of the same row where the text content was found e g A B C D T XY TP YZ TP ZY P YX TP YY FORMULA TP ZZ gt gt FORMULA EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns quot Look for string TP in column A other than in EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns row and return the value of that row in column C C YZ quot NOTE There might be more than row with the string TP in column A - I would need the sum of all results in column C where the FORMULA finds this string B I also have a similar problem with another worksheet It would require a formula which searches through a whole column for certain names e g quot Donna quot and then returns the value of another column in the same row where it found quot Donna quot the value again is not in a column directly EXCEL Searching Data in Rows/Columns adjacent to the column where quot Donna quot would be found This is fairly identical to problem A except that the search string would be unique only result and it doesn t have to take into account and disregard if the string was found in the same row of the FORMULA the search column would be in a different worksheet from the FORMULA worksheet Thanks for any suggestions Cheers from New Zealand Andreas nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I am having two column with current month profit & last month profit respectively Column A & Column B. I would like to compare both column & set the ICON (down Arrow & up Arrow ) based on result if A1 value greater than B1 set upper arrow else down arrow

A:How to set ICON in Excel by comparing data in 2 Columns

You didn't say where you wanted the arrows to appear, so I'll use C1 for this explanation.1 - In C1, enter this formula: =IF(A1>B1,2,IF(A1=B1,1,0))2 - Under the Conditional Formatting drop down, choose Icon Sets and then choose the Up arrow.3 - Go back into Conditional Formatting and choose Manage Rules4 - Edit the Rule for C1 as follows:----- Click the Show Icon Only box to place checkmark in box----- Change Type to be Number in both dropdowns----- Up Arrow: when value is >=2----- Sideways Arrow: when <2 and >0----- Down Arrow: when <=0 (should be default)5 - Click OKLet me know how that works for you.Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-set-icon-in-excel-by-comparing-data-in-2-columns/20422.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Helloooo
I have two columns of data. In column A, I need to identify every cell that is identical to any value in column B.

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a database which has about 60000 rows and 3 columns.
Here I have made a picture to show what exactly I want, this picture represent a general view of my data structure and also represent what I want.

I have 3 first columns (from left) and I want to create a new column like the last one which named New Text.
As you see I want to create a column which duplicate the Text of every row for X times. And X is the frequency of repeated number in Number ID 2.

For example: In Number ID 2, 8 repeated four times. So New Text should have four H. (H represent the text)

Please consider this to be done by Microsoft Access software, which I have no experience of working with.

A:How to create a new column using data of other columns in Microsoft Access

will take TWO updates.

1) a transaction to ADD Column "New Text"; commit

2) another to UPDATE "New Text" where "Number ID 2" equals "Number ID 1" value is TEXT;

(or something close to that - - it's be a while since I last used SQL grammar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-new-column-using-data-of-other-columns-in-microsoft-access.163720/
Relevancy 56.33%

Anybody ever encountered this situation or have any ideas?

One of our users has a multi-tab Excel (vers. 2002, SP3) workbook with several columns containing pricing and taxes on products we handle. When she prepares to print the worksheet, she hides some of the middle columns so that only the data in the first and last columns will print out. The issue is, as soon as she unhides the hidden columns, certain data fields get wiped out... deleted. Then, she has to retype them. There are no macros or VBA scripts programmed in this workbook, and no wierd formulas I've seen that would potentially do this. Is this possibly an Excel bug???

A:Hiding Columns Appear to delete data in hidden fields (?????)

Sounds like a user bug. I won't believe it's exactly as you describe without seeing the file.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hiding-columns-appear-to-delete-data-in-hidden-fields.628509/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi This is a fab site just spent a good few hours reading through without realising the time ANyway I am stuck on an Excel problem I have two columns of which there are lots of duplicates in column A and various values in column B Like this A B Book Title Song One Book Title Song Two Book Title Song THree Book Title Song One Book TItle Song Two Book Title Song Three Book TItle Song Four and so on for rows Merge two Solved: a Data Columns from row Sort Excel and into What I would like to do is have all of the relevant info from column B in just one cell in one row rather than a separate row for each song title So what I ideally need is A B Book Title One Song One Song Two Song Three Book Title Two Song One Song Two Song Three Song Four and so Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row on Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row I have no idea where to begin with this I have read several similar Solved: Excel Sort and Merge Data from two Columns into a row things that might help but the problem is that each Book Title has a different number of songs in it Can any one advise a complete beginner on how I might accomplish this Many thanks for any guidance nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

What would be the best way to find a specific Column Header, and copy the data found in the column until the column header is found again?

Relevancy 56.33%

We have a survey package which is great, but it out puts the questions numbers over the columns and each new row is a response, however our calculations are setup for the question numbers to be the rows and the responses are the columns. Is there any way to swap these values around in this fashion? Thanks for any help

A:Excel: swapping columns and rows layout of data?

Howdy. You can copy the data, then Paste Special > Transpose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-swapping-columns-and-rows-layout-of-data.456591/
Relevancy 56.33%

As an example, The Itunes directory is in My Music. My Music is in a Music library, so the file details in explorer include album, #, etc. Within Itunes is the Apps directory and other data where "album name" doesn't make sense. I want it to display as a non-music directory. There doesn't seem to be any way to set the default columns displayed in a directory within a Music Library without changing how all the directories are displayed. Nor does there seem to be a way to remove a Music Library sub-directory from being considered as a Music Library member.

A:Can I set explorer columns for data directory within music library

Hello EasilyConfused, and welcome to Seven Forums.

From within the Music library, you can change, add, and remove any columns you like.Windows Explorer Columns - Add or Remove
The tutorial below can help show you how to remove folders that you no longer want to be included in the say Music library.Library - Remove a Included Folder
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209911-can-i-set-explorer-columns-data-directory-within-music-library.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I've been using my GB Data Data to Boot Drive Moving ssd as my windows boot drive and i have a TB hdd as my data drive Recently the my computer has begun to freeze up with errors like quot explorer exe quot has stopped responding or quot windows quot has stopped responding and half of the time when Moving Boot Data to Data Drive i try to boot it says it cant find windows This has lead me to believe that my ssd is dying despite being only a year old I need to Moving Boot Data to Data Drive RMA my ssd but to do that i would be losing my boot drive for weeks So I thought id try to create a system image so that i can simply put my boot drive on my hdd but when i try to create the image it says that the image would be GB because its including all of my hdd which contains all my user libraries and downloads My question is how do I make windows stop thinking that my hdd is a system drive so that I can create a reasonably sized image or more generally how can i easily move my boot drive to my hdd Also I've read some posts about using quot easyBCD quot to accomplish the latter but I'm not sure that's exactly what i need in this situation If someone can clarify that that would be great too Thanks

A:Moving Boot Data to Data Drive

Hello Astronomicat, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Could you post a screenshot of your Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc) screen show the full layout of all HDDs? This may be able to help determine why it is including more than your 64GB Windows 7 SSD in the system image. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
Did you move your page file, user profile folder, or user folders to another HDD/partition location other than the default C: ? If so, then those locations would be included in a system image as well, and cannot be unselected until they are moved back to the default location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/247376-moving-boot-data-data-drive.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to build a spreadsheet that allows me to enter data (steel angle) by individual leg sizes and thicknesses that automatically references the correct weight per foot so I no longer have to look it up in a book. I have loaded the data and built the template, but I cannot get a formula to work that will search my array of data that has repeating data in all the columns, but where all the data in one row has a unique weight. I have tried several commands, and I feel like I need a nested command, but I do not have the knowledge to get it done properly. I have attached the file: Angle Database. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

brian

A:Solved: Repeating Data in multiple columns for unique result

I used Concatenate and Vlookup to solve the problem. I just needed a week to let my head clear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repeating-data-in-multiple-columns-for-unique-result.746951/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have a spreadsheet that holds sports results based on age groups The age groups are in one column stored as U B U G U B U G U B U G which is the age B or G boy girl The results are in another column stored as whole numbers I am trying to find a formula that will allow me to sort on the first column in the order shown above and then on the second column in descending order and then bring back the other data like the name example Child A U B Child B U G Child C U B Child D U G Child E U G would be returned as U B Child C U G Child D U G Child B U G Child E U B Child A I know I can use a manual sort but I was hoping to automatically put the results in a separate sheet in the correct order Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Excel - function to sort multiple columns of alphanumeric data

You could easily enter in this formula:
=IF(LEN(B1)=3,LEFT(B1,1)&"0"&RIGHT(B1,2),B1)
(where the three data columns are just A, B, and C) so that you get - instead of U6B, for instance - U06B. This allows you to sort correctly by age.
If you want it copied and sorted to another page like that, you really need a macro/VBA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-function-to-sort-multiple-columns-of-alphanumeric-data.933917/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I amp m trying to work out how I can look at one column in a spreadsheet and display the text in another field but without a load of blank cells in the results column Let me give you an example On Sheet In column A are road names In column B the number of building on that to from multiple one data column 2010 Excel columns separating road In column C the last date and work was doneon the road In Column D is an IF formula thatbasically gives a result of Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns or On another sheet I want four lists Sheet In column A is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column B is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column C is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D In column D is a list of road names thathave a value of in Sheet column D I can do this with a simple IF statement in columns A B C amp D on sheet and drag it down but there are a couple of problems with this method If the value in sheet doesn amp t match I get a blank cell on sheet as there should be but this leaves a large number of cells with no value I need a list in each column A B C amp D onsheet without any blank cells I amp m going to be pasting different data into columns A B amp D on sheet a number of times and the number of rows in will be different each time I remember seeing something before thatinvolved using the IF and COUNTIF function in a formula but not sure how Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Excel 2010 separating data from one column to multiple columns

should be able to use an array formula - so use control + shift + enter key and the formula gets { } brackets

Code:

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14,SMALL(IF(Sheet1!$D$2:$D$14[COLOR="Red"]=1[/COLOR],ROW(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$14)-ROW(Sheet1!$A$2)+1),ROWS(F$4:F4)))
where you change the red =1
to =2, 3, 4 for different columns

does that work out

see attached

if it works we can extend the range and cleanup the errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-2010-separating-data-from-one-column-to-multiple-columns.1090901/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

I have an excel sheet attached as an example. What I want to do is
take the data in each column and put them together into one
column.

In my attached excel sheet I would like to have the data in each
column look like this in one separate column each line for example 1-72-bk-1803

any help is appreciated....thanks

A:Excel question: how would you connect data in defferent columns into one column?

In E1 enter
=A1&"-"&b1&"-"&c1&"-"&d1
copy down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-question-how-would-you-connect-data-in-defferent-columns-into-one-column.934495/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys I ve been going through this thread and its been a lot of help I Solved: data Checking seperate finding mismatches in columns and ve now come across a problem that i cant find the solution to and im hoping someone can help me out I have a file that contains two columns of data in MS Excel and one value in the first column corresponds to a value in the second column For example - Column Column A X A X B Y A X B Y What I have to do is find if there are any mismatches in the data for example an X corresponding to B instead of A or vice versa Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches or any other value instead of X and Y in the second column for that matter I would need a message saying there are a particular number of errors and the rows in error should be highlighted I DONT need the corrections just need to see where the mismatches are Im pretty new to Macros and VB so please bear with me but i do understand the basics and ive done some programming before Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Checking data in seperate columns and finding mismatches

oops.. the X's and Y's are supposed to be in column 2.
That didnt quite show up how i expected it to..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-checking-data-in-seperate-columns-and-finding-mismatches.782032/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm a novice excel VBA macro user. I've manipulated already created macros, but I'm not sure how to create one from scratch. Can someone please help me create a macro.

I'd like to move the values highlighted in yellow to the cells highlighted in green...and then delete any rows that are empty.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Relevancy 55.47%

..... and I want to convert the lot to 2 decimal place numbers.

Excel has several methods, but none seem to work for conversion in bulk. Working on futher cells from a suitably formatted one does not work.

Is the only way to solve my problem to manually enter the numbers elsewhere, clear the original cells, and then cut and paste back to the original cells?

Help please!

A:Number data in 10 columns and 25 rows pasted from other source is text

Need more info about the source text file. When opened in Word and Show All (the paragraph mark) is enabled, what does the text file look like?

See this thread from a couple years ago and see if it gives you any ideas:

Please Help - Data in Text File to be arranged in Excel in a specific

Regards,
GEWB

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/298996-number-data-10-columns-25-rows-pasted-other-source-text.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I was hoping somone could please help me out.

I have an excel spread sheet with a lot of data in columns which i need to convert into rows. The problem is one column contains over 10,000 rows of data... thus making it too hard to transpose manually.

I have attached a copy of the spreadsheet (condensed version) and was hoping someone had some suggestions on how i can achieve my desired outcome.

Thanks very much,

Ray

A:Move alot of Data from Columns Excel 2010 - too big to transpose

I'm sorry to say that this is pretty much impossible as far as I can tell because there simply isn't enough consistency in your layout. If all rows were there and in order it would be easy enough.
As they aren't, one would need to inspect the titles to put them in the right place, but your titles don't always match either. For example your second "Telephone" entry is actually titled "Clinic Mobile", which the computer justly sees as very different indeed.
I'll try to help if I can, but you'll need some point of consistency if you want computers to automate a process. If it helps, here's a copy of my spreadsheet that inspects the titles (on sheet 2). If there are only a few problematic titles it might be easier to correct them manually (or use search and replace).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/move-alot-of-data-from-columns-excel-2010-too-big-to-transpose.981919/
Relevancy 55.04%

I do a weekly report that I base on results that I get with search done in Internet Explorer I can then cut and paste these results into an Excel spreadsheet moving unwanted Rows, Question: rows Solved: Excel to new Removing columns some but I need to delete most of the information whole rows and reorganize the remaining rows by taking the even numbered rows and putting them into the B column then delete that Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns Row as well I have included some images that should help Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns A few more items The information that I paste into the excel spredsheet may contain up to but no more than lines from the original copying source in Explorer I m not sure how many lines that translates into Excel After every records in Explorer there is a quot top quot link that gets copied which needs to be taken into consideration when deleting the extra rows entirely Another way to look at this is that I ONLY want to keep the rows that have the digit number a space then more digits as well as the rows that contain the price with the For instance the first record in my example I ONLY kept amp The price will ALWAYS have a and the first set of number will ALWAYS have digits first no letters Attached is a jpg that shows the various steps the last screen shot has a few of the cells highlighted in the upper left hand side Those highlighted cells is all of the information I need and how I need it presented from the first search records the MLS number and the price Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Excel Question: Removing unwanted Rows, moving some rows to new columns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-question-removing-unwanted-rows-moving-some-rows-to-new-columns.814184/
Relevancy 53.75%

I need a visual basic macro for excel that will do the following From sheet ColumnA Select rows until sheet columnA value does not start with REC as the no of rows is unbalanced sometimes rows sometimes rows sometimes rows etc copy selected rows and transpose to sheet columnA to however many rows were selected Repeat until end for 2002 to in new Visual columns Excel data unbalanced Basic rows sheet using Macro last row My real table has rows and the rows are unbalanced I am attaching a test file Please help me and thank you for your support and time Tech Support Guy System Info Utility Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD G M -L V MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Visual Basic Macro for Excel 2002 columns to rows in new sheet using unbalanced data

Can you also attach a second workbook showing how the data should appear after the macro is run?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/visual-basic-macro-for-excel-2002-columns-to-rows-in-new-sheet-using-unbalanced-data.1080037/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi! I was wondering if someone could help me...I just got a new pc which is a flat screened Compaq,and I want to transfer all my data from my old pc which is a compaq also....how do I do this?

A:moving data

By "data", do you mean your operating system, all your programs and documents, too? If so, you will need to copy your entire drive over with the operating system in order to maintain the integrity of the registry entries that refer to program components.

The best way to do this is to make an image of your drive and then impose the image on the new drive. Do a repair installation of XP to detect and configure the new hardware and install Windows updates.

If you are thinking a bit less full in terms of backup, take a look at the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Programs > Accessories to see if that fills your needs.

If you were a bit more explicit on what you want to transfer over, we could be more specific with advice.

Also, it woild help to know what resources are available to you for transfers. Do both computers have network cards? Are both bootable? Do they already connect to the same network? Could they? Do you have a CD-RW drive on the old PC? Well, you get the idea.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data.252667/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have loads of files on my C: drive which I need to move on to an external drive, while I sort them out. Because Is there a program that will give me a tree view, the same as a backup program, but instead of backing up, searching for the files and deleting them, will allow me to move them all at once on to my external drive. I don't want to waste time doing it bit by bit. I want to perform one operation. Thanx.

A:Moving Data

Try this free utility, I like it because I can view folder structures and their size at the same time. It helps when managing user folders on a server.

http://www.explorerxp.com/

Hope this helps. Let the forum know if it works for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data.600293/
Relevancy 51.17%

I m Moving data a librarian and my predecessor set up a spreadsheet Excel with a list of all books in the library including about entries for each title author s first name author s last name date purchased etc To my horror Moving data the data has started moving I thought some entries were odd mistakes quot The Elephant s Child quot is by Rudyard Kipling not James Patterson Then one day I was scrolling down and as I scrolled all the author entries were showing up as the one of the subsequesnt authors Now I know trivia can be important in diagnosing computers so I ll mention I m also having trouble with the clock I keep correcting the time and it keeps running fast I know that my indicate a battery problem Also I didn t notice this problem until I started making changes to the database I m not familiar with Excel so for several weeks I just looked at it and read quot Help quot and quot Contents quot It was fine then When I started adding titles added a column for status and entering info Discard for example the problems started Any suggestions nbsp

A:Moving data

If you add or delete cells, the info in the spreadsheet will move up or down or left or right, putting it out of alignment with the rest.

Sounds like this has been the root cause.

Without knowing the actual structure of the data its hard to be more precise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data.394747/
Relevancy 51.17%

hello guys i have 60 GB of files in an old harddisk. how can i move all the files with a better program thean windows explorer

A:moving data

Explorer is well suited to this task. Why do you want to use something else for this simple, commonplace job?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data.880778/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,
let's say all your usb ports are dead, you have a few gigs of data to move to your other computer and your internet speed is terrible, so uploading it all to cloud is your last option.
What are some things to do in situations like this?

EDIT: CD/DVD also not possible.

A:Moving data without USB

Can you copy it to a CD or DVD?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69794-moving-data-without-usb.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am planning on getting a 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD, but I have some questions first. I plan on using it for my OS and my programs and games. How would I move that to the SSD? Is there anything else that would see a speed increase if moved to the drive? What would my libraries (videos, pictures, music) be like if my media was stored on my HDD? Is there anything else I should know before I buy one? Thanks in advance.

A:Moving data to a new SSD

Quote: Originally Posted by ROBO731

I am planning on getting a 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD, but I have some questions first. I plan on using it for my OS and my programs and games. How would I move that to the SSD? Is there anything else that would see a speed increase if moved to the drive? What would my libraries (videos, pictures, music) be like if my media was stored on my HDD? Is there anything else I should know before I buy one? Thanks in advance.

Getting an SSD is a very good move. It speeds things up so much. As you said, you want to put your OS and programs on the SSD. Pictures, music, etc and such can be put on a HDD. Here is your tutorial for the switch to the SSD SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System You will see two methods in the tutorial of moving files. One is the Geeky method which requires a lot of steps. The other is the easy way which requires you spending $19.95 If you can spare the $20, do it that way. If at all possible do a Clean Install Windows 7 and reinstall your programs. It is always best to start with a Clean Install when possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264639-moving-data-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 51.17%

What is the best way to transfer OS and data to a new hd without losing registry, etc? THanks

A:Moving OS and Data to a new HD

Norton Ghost or PowerQuest Drive Image. They both allow you to make "images", like a cd's .iso file to backup your HDDs. Both are equally easy to use, effective, etc. It's only a matter of personal choice I'd say...

That's the best way...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-os-and-data-to-a-new-hd.2708/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have 2 internal hard drives of 300GB. The C:\ drive is up to 240GB and the D:\ is largely empty so I proposed to shift all the data stuff in the "User" folder on the C:\ drive (about 100GB) on to the D:\ drive. I tried initially by copying the data into a new "Users" folder on the D:\ drive but the data is unusable in that destination and I've deleted the copy. It must be possible to do this. How do I do it?

A:Moving data

Check out the following tutorial and I think you'll learn what you need to know (it must be done a special way and, as you discovered, copy/paste isn't that way): Personal User Shell Folders - Move Location.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285009-moving-data.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey

Pretty simple question it's just I wanted some input on methods before I did it.

Currently my PC has 2x 250gb HDD. What I want to do is replace the OS hdd with a 1tb hdd I just bought on ebay. Out of the 2 hdd's one is IDE and that is the secondary :O. Atm I have no spare SATA power cables :/. How would I move all the content from my OS HDD to the new 1tb with no spare SATA Power Cables???

Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to do a simple 2 column merge in an Excel file. The idea is to put both first and last names (currently in 2 separate columns) into one column. There is more data in the worksheet, address, telelphone etc - in other columns.

When the name columns are selected, then FORMAT CELLS, then ALIGNMENT, MERGE CELLS, it comes back with -

"The selection contains multiple data values. Merging into one cell will keep the upper-left most data only"

There's text only in all the cells in both columns.

When I click on OK - like yea, do it anyway - both first and last name columns are blank - and there is no merged column.

I have also tried to use the CONCATENATE function and it works great for 1 cell at a time, but does not do entire columns...

Is there another step I've missed in this ?

Thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-error-merging-columns-multiple-data-values.1018600/
Relevancy 50.74%

For home use I have a PC with Win Professional and a Laptop with Win Home Premium I installed the same MS Office on each unit and hoped to be able to move data from one computer to the other as needed The PC is my primary unit and I want to keep some of the Office data documents from Word amp Exel current on the laptop for those times when I travel and need some of that new and current information with me Question When I plug my flash drive GB into the PC and transfer MS Word quot documents quot into that flash drive everything seems to work Moving Laptop to from data PC as planned I'm able to see the data present on the flash drive and open it accordingly before I unplug it and move to the Laptop However when get to the laptop and open the contents of the flash drive no data is present When going to the Laptop's Start Computer Drive E I notice highlighted data present in the flash drive but I'm unable to open it for viewing Moving data from PC to Laptop or for transferring into the laptop's Office program Note I recently transferred Moving data from PC to Laptop a single Excel worksheet from my PC to my Laptop using the same above process in order to import and update my Laptop's address Moving data from PC to Laptop book and everything worked fine Moving data via an Office quot folder quot hasn't been as successful Thanks

A:Moving data from PC to Laptop

Hello,

Are you getting any errors at all?

Make sure that folders/files are not hid.
How to Unhide Folders in Windows 7: 8 Steps (with Pictures)

I'd suggest for you to use one of the Cloud storage such as Skydrive, Dropbox, etc... This comes quite handy for me.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/301258-moving-data-pc-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there any problem moving data from courrupted drive to external storage and reformat and reload windows onto it and then go after lost data on external drive. I am using a borrowed computer to acess the my drive and with my experience it's gonna take a while.

I would like to do this so if I miss something I can go back and dig through it. So is there any reason the data would not transfer or a way to verify same.

thank you,

Mindnova

A:Moving All Data From Bad Drive

Hello mindnova,

If you can access the damaged hard drive and transfer the filed to the other computer. you can then format the damaged drive and reinstall windows, then transfer user files back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157055/moving-all-data-from-bad-drive/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a report that outputs raw data on each line a different billing code and a column for each categoy for example tech-number date account- address billing-code-a tech-number with Data Moving macro date account- address billing-code-b tech-number date account- address billing-code-c tech-number Date account- address billing-code-a tech-number Date account- address billing-code-d tech-number Date account- address billing-code-a tech-number Date account- Moving Data with macro address billing-code-c tech-number Date account- address billing-code-e tech-number Date account- address billing-code-f I need to Moving Data with macro move this data to a new sheet that is a Moving Data with macro weekly monday is from a a empty column q tues is r ag empty column ah ect the layout of the sheet is as follows a date b account number f address k code l code m code n code o code p code k code l code m code n code o code p code k code l code m code n code o code p code row is blank for a break b account number ect on the spreadsheet I am moving the data to starting with sheet is the first tech number tech number is sheet and so on I would also need to have the tech number in c is it possible to create a macro to move such data in this particular way i ve attached a report and a single sheet the whole file is to big of what it needs to be moved to thanks in advance to anyone who can help crack this problem for me nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I will try to explain the best I can for this one I have five stages in my sales planning each stage is the probablity I will close the deal st stage is as this is the name of the client as a warm lead data Solved: moving nd stage is I have spoke with them and they agree to meet rd stage is I have met them and gathered the Solved: moving data data th stage is as there is a quote in the works th stage is because I have a contract with them and a cheque What I would like to be able to do is demonstrate this on an excel spreadsheet I am currently doing them manually in seperate tabs but there is a program called the pipeline and I am sure there must be a way to do this without the cost of buying the program and I do not need all the bells and whistles that come with the purchased product either Thank you Jeanni nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I have two new PC's to set-up in my office.

How do I move (or copy) data from the old PC (ancient Intergraph Workstation) to the new PC (new HP dc5100)? I don't need all the data just some of it.

The Intergraph PC is running Windows 2000 and the HP is running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks so much

Relevancy 50.74%

This is my setup:

- PC1 runs Win 7 and Outlook 2010. It has my personal Inbox called Jon Local.

- PC2 runs Win XP and Outlook 2003. It holds my company data and is Server.

I want to change this setup so that I only have all my Outlook data on PC1, running under Outlook 2010. So, I need to migrate the data from PC2 to PC1.

Questions:

1. How do I do this?!

2. Do I need to convert the format of the data on PC1 to a new Outlook format?

3. Can I export the account settings? No idea what all the pop settings are and the passwords, so would be nice if I can export that and import into Outlook 2010.

4. I need to have the company data from PC2 seperate from PC1. Will it give me two Inboxes?

Thanks,

Jon

Relevancy 50.74%

Question:

I wanna know if I can get a program that will copy my entire PC should something bad happen to it, and be able to just pop in a disc(s) to another newer PC and have it all ready for me. I like how I've worked my machine right now, and if something should happen, would hate to have to re-install, tweak, and customize it all over again. Any suggestions? Oh, I made a boot disc set, but wasn't sure if that's all I needed.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello there!
I am working on a database for work two of the tables are of customers and distributors contact details which are are excell spreadsheets that have been exported from sage.
These spreadsheets are all over the place ie I need to list the postcodes in a form in access but they are not all in one column in the excell sheet!
does anyone know a way, using a macro perhaps, to sort through the excell sheets and putting all postcodes into a certain column???
thanks for the help!
iain

Relevancy 50.74%

HI.
I have bought a new win7 pc and put my old XP pc out to grass, I have removed the old Xp Hdd and mounted it into a usb Caddy. What I want to do is either use this as a duel boot win7/xp or transfer all my xp data over onto my new pc. Some advice please.
regards.

A:Moving data from old XP hdd onto New win7 pc

Can Windows7 read the HDD - if yes, just copy the data. If you want to dual boot with XP, you may need a new XP license for the new PC - unless you have an XP retail license. There are tutorials on this forum how to dual boot Win7/XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262511-moving-data-old-xp-hdd-onto-new-win7-pc.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm not sure what exactly I need so I will explain my scenario:

I have a 3 PCs that only has one account (Admin). I want to create a user account (standard). When the standard account logs in I want them to have everything that was available in the Admin account available to them (all data, browser configurations, etc..).

Basically I want to make it where the user logs in and they see no difference other than they no longer have Admin rights.

I hope this makes since to someone. Ask any questions you may have. Just not sure how to accomplish this.

I have Windows 7 on one PC, 8.1 on another, and 10 on another.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/401536-moving-user-data.html
Relevancy 50.74%

To relieve my overcrowed C Drive, I want to move the 36gb of App Data (folder) that is now on my C drive to my External HD. But I am afraid I will disturb many Applications that point to files within my App Data folder in its current location. Is there some safe way to do this? Any help is appreciated? Jerry (Vista 32-bit)

A:Moving App Data files to HD

Doesn't matter which drive the programs are installed on, they will still use the AppData folder in the Users profile. That is where user specific data is stored.

I'd be investigating why the folder is so large. Could just be the Temp folder hasn't been emptied in a while.
Have you empted the Temp folder recently?
Click Start, type %temp% in the search bpox and press Enter.
Delete everything in that folder (some files/folders might not delete, that's normal, just skip them).

If that's not it, use one of these to see what is using all the space in the AppData folder
Hard Drive space usage
WinDIRStat
TreeSize Free
Space Sniffer
Disk Detective
JDiskReport

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-app-data-files-to-hd.982579/
Relevancy 50.74%

Read a lot about having partition second data to Moving programs and os on one partition and all user data files etc in another partition In Moving data to second partition my windows Home Premium am I correct that all the non-program os data that I want to place in the other partition will be contained in users directory In my case there is only one user quot John quot so do I need to move quot John quot or quot Users quot to the new location Any other files How do I make the change as described above Do I just create a new directory called quot Users quot in the root of the new partition then cut and paste the quot John quot folder to that directory If I am using Microsoft Office do I need to make any changes there Finally how do I handle it if my computer is an iMac and I have Windows running in a partition created by bootcamp Does running VMWare Fusion affect the above in any manner that I should be aware of now

A:Moving data to second partition

You can easily move any user folder that has a Location tab in Properties. That assures that the system recognizes the new location. User Folders - Change Default Location

Another way is to create new folders in the new partition and move whatever user data you want to move. Then you right click on those folders and Include them into the corresponding library. That gives you an extra set and you retain your original folders.

Advantage of the second method is that your folders do not get "polluted" with all kinds of folders that are created automatically by the system or programs (mostly in Documents). I use the second method, but see all the folders that appeared in my default documents folder in the picture below.

System files I would not move although the folders in Appdata have a location tab - but not Appdata itself.

The complications you might have because of iMac I cannot answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/151166-moving-data-second-partition.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,I am currently trying to create a excel spreadsheet using excel 2010.I have created an summary page that holds a number of different sets of data, that i would like to separate out on to different sheets based on a session code.At present I look after a number of different client groups and need to show what activity i have done with each.what i am looking to achieve is, if a session code is EDB I want to copy the whole row and paste it into a new sheet. I would like to do this automatically or have an update button.I am using column A as the session and I have the following codes EDB, EDBx, BESN, EC.Can anyone help?

A:Moving data on excel

Adding custom code to a spreadsheet can be very tricky. To be honest, I would use Microsoft Access for something like this. It's a bit more involved than Excel is, but it has more options on manipulating data than Excel does. I apologize this does not directly answer your question, but this is the route I would take. Jonas "Jackal" Learhttp://www.sbccrew.comServing the South Bay Since 1999

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/moving-data-on-excel/20081.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello All This topic could fit any of several places but since it's quite specific to MS-Outlook I thought I'd post it here I have a potential client who is transitioning from -year-old HP laptops to the Macbook Pro As far as getting data generically over from one platform to another I think I'm good However my past experiences with trying to direct port Outlook data and the last one is some years ago have been problematic at best and never crossed platforms If anyone has tips amp tricks advice or step-by-step instructions for doing an MS-Outlook data port from PC to Mac such that one can then fire up Outlook on the Mac and have all prior information simply appear in a plug-n-play manner I'd love to hear it Since all Outlook data is located in the pst file for a given user if memory serves getting that copied over should be easy It's from Data MS-Outlook Moving Mac to PC then a matter of getting Outlook to use that file with all the e-mail messages accounts contacts etc that I'm not quite sure about Thanks in advance for any assistance you have to offer

A:Moving MS-Outlook Data from PC to Mac

Are you going into Outlook for Mac? It looks as if Microsoft claims there should be a direct import for .pst. This should bring over contacts, calendar, and emails.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-a-pst-file-from-Outlook-for-Windows-1bebc2d6-3683-4d93-aad6-385ff06de1e8

As for account settings, you need to manually pull that. I recommend MailPassView if you don't have their password.

If you are going to something like Entourage or Mail, then it becomes much more complicated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601109/moving-ms-outlook-data-from-pc-to-mac/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've just purchased a pc which has 111GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. I've been advised to put programmes onto the SSD and use the HDD for data. Can you help plse. Which tutorial do I use? Thanks David

A:help with moving data and programs to SSD and HDD

Hello David, and welcome to Seven Forums.

For data (ex: music, pictures, documents, etc...), I would recommend to create a new folder on your 1TB HDD for each of them, include those folders to the appropriate library, then change the library's default "save to" location to be the folder on the 1TB HDD. This way anything you get to see all of the included folders of a library on one easy to use location, and anything you save into the library will actually be saved to the folder on the 1TB HDD.

As for programs, some will give you the option to do a custom install of them to be able to select where (ex: 1TB HDD) you would like to install them to.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/199394-help-moving-data-programs-ssd-hdd.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have about 3GB of data sitting on my BDC that needs to come back onto my PDC shared area. The operating system is Windows NT 4.0. Can anyone tell me a painless way to move this data back?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-between-servers.729682/
Relevancy 50.31%

Ok I am trying to print a spreadsheet format list. I have about 30000
title-artist entries in 2 columns. I am basically trying to print pages 1 & 2, 3-4, 5-6 and so on the same page without shrinking them way down. I want it to be just like I printed 2 columns but with 4 instead. I want to use the left side of the page for page 1 and the left side for page 2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

A:Solved: Printing 4 Columns from 2 columns in excel

Welcome to the board.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/asap-utilities-excel-tools-tip.php?tip=124&utilities=Format ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-printing-4-columns-from-2-columns-in-excel.773525/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey, I have two hard drives, and when I move files that are large, or defrag, or just basically access any data on the secondary HD, the sound gets choppy and laggy. I am running Windows XP Multimedia Center Edition with Service Pack 2 installed. I have a Dell XPS400, and am using the built in sound card. The sound card is SigmaTel Audio Card. Any Ideas?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I'm finalizing my move from an old Windows 7 computer to a new 8.1 one. Unfortunately Windows Easy Transfer no longer transfers settings - which worked flawlessly when moving from XP to 7 - only user files. As recommended by Microsoft I used PCMover (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/transfer-your-data),
but the offered edition doesn't allow for choosing which user settings are to be transfered - it chooses by itself and omits a lot (confirmed with a log and with Laplink's customer service).
Hence I'd like to archive all the application data/settings in order to use it in case I will need it when (re-)installing a piece of software on my new computer (and I use a lot of programs). Could you enlighten me on all locations where application data
is stored? It's not only AppData for sure (cf. here, for example: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840657).
Thanks in advance,
Antoni.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/acc6dd8c-c84c-4ad1-b68f-fce7e8c93985/moving-from-7-to-81-application-data-locations?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 49.88%

This is my setup:

- PC1 runs Win 7 and Outlook 2010. It has my personal Inbox called Jon Local.

- PC2 runs Win XP and Outlook 2003. It holds my company data and is Server.

I want to change this setup so that I only have all my Outlook data on PC1, running under Outlook 2010. So, I need to migrate the data from PC2 to PC1.

Questions:

1. How do I do this?!

2. Do I need to convert the format of the data on PC1 to a new Outlook format?

3. Can I export the account settings? No idea what all the pop settings are and the passwords, so would be nice if I can export that and import into Outlook 2010.

4. I need to have the company data from PC2 seperate from PC1. Will it give me two Inboxes?

Thanks,

Jon

A:Moving Outlook data from one PC to anoher

Look for *.pst file in 2003. It is probably under your user name, microsoft. outlook. Copy it or get it to the same computer holding 2010. Start 2010 and click file. Click open and select import. Answer the questions and navigate to the pst file.

Yes you can have more mail boxes in 2010. You may have to add an email box after the import. It is file --> Account settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/208756-moving-outlook-data-one-pc-anoher.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Acer Aspire Desktop with Vista and gigs of RAM The hard drive gigabytes is dividede Data D:\ Document Moving to folder into C gigabytes and D Data gigabytes I do not know much about computers I used the C drive until it filled up and discovered that I should Moving Document folder to D:\ Data have been putting data into the D Data drive but prevously I had no idea what the D Data was nor what it was for Now my C drive is so full I cannot even defrag it I was told by a friend that I should to move all the Data Documents Pictures Music over to the D Data drive and I have no idea how to do this I have searched the forums and come up with some methods but there is some information that I do not understand and would like clarified I have a documents folder under Desktop Edward Documents and then I find a documents folder under Computer C users Edward Documents and they both have the same files under each Are these really separate Document folders If they are the same and I drag one to D Data disk will the other still remain on the C disk If so can I safely delete it my C disk is too full there is only gigs of space left on it and it will not defrag I have to get rid of half the stuff on it What can I move to the D Data disk besides Documents Pictures and Music Someone wrote The Documents folder is situated at C users yourname documents In the default setting dialog box you will see the current position of the documents file i e c users username Documents below the location dialog box you will see three buttons Restore DefaultMoveFind TargetI cannot find these buttons When I select Start a pop up appears that has a black column on the right side and in that column appears a Documents button a Pictures button and a Music button when you run your mouse over these titles Can I just drag and copy these into the D Data disk and after that when I select Start again and select any of these buttons will it take me to the D Data disk and to the data that I just selected Sluggo

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261433-moving-document-folder-d-data.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Strange problem with moving data from Onenote on my old laptop to new.
I have two folders - one called Onenote Notebooks, and the other called Onenote. I have taken them off my old Windows 7 laptop and put them on my new Windows 8 laptop.

They are in a file on the desktop.

I have moved these two folders into 'documents'. I can click on a file in the folder and it will open in Onenote. But when I shut Onenote and reopen, the note have gone.

I have been told to try file/open and select a file. Strangely, there are now no files visible in the folder in documents. I can see them directly, but not from file/open within Onenote.

I have tried 'make hidden files visible'. And it has no effect. Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey, my C:/ Drive has <20MB of space, which is understandable considering it's only a 26gb hard disk. Can anyone explain what I need to do in order to move my Application Data folder to clear up some space? (Appdata is 6gb).

Also, can anyone suggest what else might be eating up the hard disk? I install all my software onto the D:/ Drive so...

A:Moving the Application Data folder

Obviously check your recycle bin is empty, that can take up a fair bit of space. But here are some ways I have found to save space
- check your windows restore points, if you need space you can clear out them, just keep in mind that you wont be able to restore windows if you make a mistake until another restore point is made.
- turn of hibernation mode, windows usually preserves a 500mb chunk for this
- disable east Asian languages if you don't use them, this uses ~200mb of space
- de frag your drive
- windows updates, NET frameworks, and things related often take up a fair bit of space. I disabled updates to save space.

I'm no expert or anything, but those are a few things I have done inthe past to save space with no adverse side effects, but if you do these things, yourtaking the risk ( not that I think there is any, but just to be safe). As for moving the app data folder, wouldn't have a clue sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/moving-the-application-data-folder-541724.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm working in Excel 2002 and I have a spreadsheet with dates in column A, rates in column B, column C is empty, dates in D, rates in E, F empty, etc. I need to write a macro to move move the data in column D, E, G, H, etc to A and B so that all of the dates are in A and all of the rates are in B. The problem is that there are not always the same number of rows of data. How can I tell Excel to take all of the data from column D (however many rows that might be) and transfer it to column A starting with the first empty row (wherever that might be)? Hope this is clear. Thanks for the help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-to-empty-cell.326700/
Relevancy 49.88%

I want to copy my Downloads and Documents to the thumb drive, but clicking on copy and paste isn't doing it. Nor did dragging the folder. I just can't drag or copy the individual files - I have over a hundred downloads, for example. There must be an easy way to do this. Help!

A:Moving Data to My 16 GB Thumb Drive

Put your thumb drive into the USB socket on your PC and let it load. Go to the file you want to transfer and right click on it and highlight the "Send To" option and in the menu that appears left click on the thumb drive option which will usually be designated by the make of drive eg "Kingston" and a Letter eg "F". Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449228/moving-data-to-my-16-gb-thumb-drive/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello!
I'm new to this forum and new to what I'm trying to do. I need to know how to copy
a program from one xp computer to another. The program has customer info in it.
How do I transfer all the data from one computer to another without losing any
information? I'm a beginner, so please explain in "English" (LOL).

Many thanks,
rockinrick

Relevancy 49.88%

Right now my C:\drive is 99.9% full. Is there a way I can move/redirect the Appdata and Program Data folder to my E:\Drive? I made an mklink years ago for something else, but I honestly forgot how I did it.

Thanks

A:Moving App/Program Data via MKlink

Is this the command your looking for

mklink /d C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local D:\AppData\Local

Move all the hidden files and folders and sub folders from C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Local to

D:\AppData\Local directory

Test it and if all is good ``Move`` the one on C: for safe keeping.

Here`s a full guide Complete Guide to Symbolic Links (symlinks) on Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398201-moving-app-program-data-via-mklink.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello
Can anyone tell me how to transfer data between hard drives.
At the moment I have a 10g hard drive and I would like to install a 80g drive,
I would like to keep my operating system and programs on the 10g drive and all other data onto the new 80g drive.
Thanks for any help

A:moving data between hard drives?

Drag and drop, or copy/cut and paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-between-hard-drives.371506/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was wondering how safe Drive. Moving to Files F: Data is it to Moving Files to Data F: Drive. move the entire quot Documents quot folder to Data F Drive Moving Files to Data F: Drive. I want my downloads to go directly to my other partition rather than to C Drive Everytime I want to install anything to my partition drive the downloads still create a file that goes right to my documents folder on C Drive I don't want this I want the download to just go to one place Can anyone tell me if this can be done safely I did notice that when I right click on quot Documents quot in the start panel it says quot properties quot and it has a quot locations quot tab and the option to move the whole file but I am nervous of trying it out Is it safe to do And can I put the folder back to C Drive if I need to And will sending quot Documents quot to F drive direct my downloads to go to F Drive

A:Moving Files to Data F: Drive.

I take it the F Drive is you recovery drive?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255891-moving-files-data-f-drive.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i configured a local area network and it has 14 clients

initially these clients where on a workgroup and some where not . so in the end i made a server running on server2003 and the clients are all running win XP. since they never had a domain the people using them used local computer accounts ..

1. i want to disble all the local accounts such that no one logs in locally
2. i want to move all the documents that the users where using so that the are available on the lan as well as the programs installed on them since at the present moment they can only access them if they log in locally
how can i do that?

A:server 2003 moving data

Setup a GPO with - Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Log on locally - set. An easy is to make sure you only Allow X group and Admins to log on locally and have all the users setup as part of X group.

Part 2 is a bit more difficult but not too hard. Up until now they have used local accounts well local accounts don't magically become domain accounts.

You can try and use something like http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...8C-691B-4B36-B7AD-6C604BE4C595&displaylang=en - USMT - here is a link for the documentation - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722032(WS.10).aspx this however can work well but if it hits a snag it can really hose up. I would sugest testing it in your environment. Also this just will copy the information from a local profile to a domain profile on the same machine. This does not MOVE the data off the machine to a file share.

In order to get it onto a share and off the PC with the users domain account) to the file share you can then setup Folder Redirection in a GPO for the users.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc782799(WS.10).aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775853(WS.10).aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc784630(WS.10).aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/server-2003-moving-data.826817/
Relevancy 49.88%

The external hard drive that I have now is starting to malfunction. Is it possible to move the data on it to another external hard drive and do you need a computer to do it? The older hard drive has a capacity of 120 gb.

A:Moving Data from one external Harddrive to Another

Since it is external, yes you need to connect it to a computer [which in any case would be the easiest method]
If they were both internal drives, you could use a disk duplicator like this;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=hard_drive_duplicator-_-17-707-370-_-Product

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-from-one-external-harddrive-to-another.1155123/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a problem with how i can tranfer a message or notes from a web page to my floppy disket, is there any way this can be done.Example is a toubleshooting notes from microsoft.com to the floppy has bugged me for the past one week.The problem is a familiar one but never solved

A:moving data from my web page to floppy

Left click on the upper left of the text you want, Hold and highlight what you want this can be a bit tricky at first.

When it is all highlighted right click the mouse and select copy.

Open wordpad right click in the window and select paste, Then give it a name and save as text...;)

Then send it to your floppy..:D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/moving-data-from-my-web-page-to-floppy-783.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Forum I have an old bg external hard drive The thing works great but over the last years between my massive music collection and photo hobby it s almost maxed out So I bought a TB external hard drive What I plan on doing Move the files from from external 500GB Moving data my HDD PC to the old HD to my PC which has TB of space Moving data from 500GB external HDD to my PC available then using backup software to keep those files backed up on the shiny new TB external My question how do I safely move that data from the old External HD to my PC In the past when I first moved GB s from my then-PC to the External HD it not only took FOREVER but I ran into some file corruption some files didn t open and I lost some music somehow Now that I have close to gb s I m scared that I ll run into trouble with just doing simple copy paste Any advice Thx in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:Moving data from 500GB external HDD to my PC

Maybe you should try Teracopy.

TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed. It verifies files were copied correctly with a checksum. TeraCopy uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times. Asynchronous copy speeds up file transfer between two physical hard drives. You can pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.Click to expand...

I haven't tried the program myself, but it's free, and if it does what it says it should be just what you're looking for.

There are also other alternative file copiers.

BTW, the speed depends on how you connect your hdd's, and how many/how big files you have. Many small files take a lot more time to copy than few big files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/moving-data-from-500gb-external-hdd-to-my-pc.168257/