Windows Support Forum

Why has my DirectX reverted back to 9Ex after Win10 upgrade

Q: Why has my DirectX reverted back to 9Ex after Win10 upgrade

I had Windows 7 earlier which came with DirectX 11. After upgrading to Windows 10, my DirectX has gone back down to DirectX 9Ex. How did that happen? I cannot find the update anywhere, I tried Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime Web Installed and it still remains the same. The following is from my DxDiag if it helps:------------------System Information------------------ Time of this report: 8/13/2015, 07:13:11 Machine name: WICKEDMIND-PC Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 32-bit (10.0, Build 10240) (10240.th1_st1.150717-1719) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard System Model: HP Compaq nx6310 (ES471EA#ABU) BIOS: EPP runtime BIOS - Version 1.1 Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz Memory: 2048MB RAM Available OS Memory: 2040MB RAM Page File: 1875MB used, 2212MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: 9Ex DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled Miracast: Not AvailableMicrosoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported DxDiag Version: 10.00.10240.16384 32bit Unicode

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why has my DirectX reverted back to 9Ex after Win10 upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why has my DirectX reverted back to 9Ex after Win10 upgrade

My guess is it's because you have an older laptop with Intel GMA 950 graphics. It only support up to DX9.http://www.intel.com/products/chips...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-has-my-directx-reverted-back-to-9ex-after-win10-upgrade/93.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have an HP Pavilion laptop that came with Win 8.1 installed. Last year, I upgraded it to Win 10, and the upgrade went smoothly, but the HDMI out didn't work any more. Since I use that a lot, and I couldn't find an easy solution for it, I used the recover feature to revert back to Win 8.1.

I plan to try Win10 again when the new edition comes out in August, but I'm aware of the July 29 deadline to upgrade to Win 10 in order for the upgrade to be free.

Am I correct in assuming that when I upgraded to Win 10 last year, that I'm now permanently registered with Microsoft, and I can wait until August to upgrade to the new version? Or do I have to be running Win10 before July 29 in order for the new version to be free? I don't want to install the thing twice in two weeks if I don't have to.

Thanks for any help.

A:Upgraded to win10, then reverted back. Am I still registered?

You "should" be fine. Can't say 100% now, but your PC should have gotten a digital entitlement for Windows 10, via the free upgrade. Assuming you upgraded and activated. You don't lose the digital entitlement when you do the rollback.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57058-upgraded-win10-then-reverted-back-am-i-still-registered.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I upgraded to win10 from win7 and started having a problem so I reverted back to win7. The problems from the upgrade followed me back with the revert to win7. The problems have to do with files and folders. I cannot create a file (doc) and save it to my documents file folder. I get a message "you don't have permission to save to this location" contact administrator. Incidentally, I'm the only user of this computer and always have been. I also get a message when trying to open an existing file " document file is locked for editing by (me or unknown user)
I'm totally confused not knowing how to get by this "file locked for editing" and "administrator privilege" needed.
Please tell me how to get around this.
Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
Hamp:

A:Windows 7 (reverted from upgrade to win10

Take Ownership of the save file location and of the file that is Locked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-reverted-from-upgrade-to-win10-1034001.html
Relevancy 73.96%

This is a new Dell Inspiron N5050 Computer and came with a discount coupon for the windows 8 upgrade. When I thought it was finished downloading - the screen went blank. I waited and waited and then rebooted. When it came back on it stated that the download failed and reloaded Windows 7. When it reverted back to Windows 7, the desktop time/temp icon is gone as well as the scrolling screen icons. I DO NOT WANT THE WINDOWS 8 NOW but I do want my computer to function as it did before. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET IT BACK TO WHAT IT WAS BEFORE? ( also, I do not understand much about computers) PLEASE HELP!!!!

A:Please Help - Windows 8 upgrade failed-reverted back to Windows 7

Try doing a restore.
System Restore

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

How to use Dell Recovery Partition,make Recovery Disks & how to order Recovery Disks.
Documentation
Dell - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273927-please-help-windows-8-upgrade-failed-reverted-back-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I upgraded an installation to Win and I didn't like it too much so I did the revert back to feature you have days to change back When I went back to a pop up malware started happening this.... 10 now and from back Reverted to Win 8.1, I had it about a year ago and thought it was gone Voicefive survey browser pop up Seems kind of weird how it returned out of the blue Anyhow I've tried a bunch of tools to attempt Reverted from Win 10 back to 8.1, and now this.... ridding this thing from the PC but it keeps coming back Also read online for hours and there does not seem to be a way to kill this thing short of resetting the browser I really don't want to do that Passwords settings favs plugins I use firefox as main browser but I remember this bug going across all browsers What's even Reverted from Win 10 back to 8.1, and now this.... more strange is that I have a dual boot to Win also and the same infection appeared on that one as well Just seeing if anyone Reverted from Win 10 back to 8.1, and now this.... knows about a program that can get rid of the voicefive popup It appears as a pop-under ad in a small window Still no combofix for Win Frank

A:Reverted from Win 10 back to 8.1, and now this....

Hey you need to clean boot of your PC or trys ome purchase antimalware product which gives you gurantee to use and help to remove your all malware or trojans in PC. After that clean boot is necessary to remove parmanently

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585037/reverted-from-win-10-back-to-81-and-now-this/
Relevancy 66.65%

Seems like a windows 10 features is still in windows 8.1 afer i went back to 8.1 as in mainly in the taskbar stuff.

I tried to completely reset the PC, but its still there. Its kind of annoying.

I didnt like windows 10 very much.

How do i fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reverted-back-to-8-1-after-trying-10.1153777/
Relevancy 66.65%

Anybody had this happen, downloaded fine, seemed to install ok, but during the reboot and install screen (dos like screen) it went to 100% stage 3 and then it stated could not install service pack 2 and is reverting back to service pack 1. What would cause this any ideas???

A:SP2 reverted back to SP1

Originally Posted by rcnut360

Anybody had this happen, downloaded fine, seemed to install ok, but during the reboot and install screen (dos like screen) it went to 100% stage 3 and then it stated could not install service pack 2 and is reverting back to service pack 1. What would cause this any ideas???

It didn't "revert back to SP1", it just didn't install. Thus the could not install notification.

As for why this happened, there are various reasons, one of which could be a patch or two missing. Make sure you have "all" important and reccommended updates, then try again.

Look through this link for some suggestions...Vista SP2 is out

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/230034-sp2-reverted-back-sp1.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I was working on my Uncle's office PC installing Optional Updates including NetFramework which had queued for restart During the interim Malwarebytes found what appeared to be serious infection Rogue multiple it said it Quarantined but isn't in that file which when googled said needed ComboFix Where those - Reverted go? Updates back did I ran Combofix which found a jumble of Reverted back - Where did those Updates go? what appears to be spyware but which could be more serious - I'll upload it to Security for analysis But this post concerns the Updates which had been forgotten so after Combofix reboot started to install and then Reverted back for minutes then a restart then Windows started very sluggishly to the desktop I Checked for Updates and it had minor Optionals but none of the other ones it reverted I brought the PC home and now there are Important and Optional Updates which seemed to install but again at reboot Reverted Back quickly shutting down then at startup said Configuring got up to and changed to Welcome Do I need to reset Updates Your informed advice is greatly appreciated as I'm getting ready to travel and need to have this fixed

A:Reverted back - Where did those Updates go?

I don't see anything particularly nasty in the Combofix log - there are a couple of PUPs there, but nothing really bad.
I'd do a reset of WU and see if that makes any difference.
Post your C:\Windows\windowsupdate.log file before and after, and I'll see what I can see. (but it may not be in time for you)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368607-reverted-back-where-did-those-updates-go.html
Relevancy 65.79%

as the topic says, i tried installing the newest ie, but instead it got reverted back to ie6 for some strange reason. already had an earlier build of ie8 installed with no problems at all, but this one really doesnt want to be installed.

i read a couple of ppl stating that sp3 is some sort of a problem. should i try removing sp3, then install ie8, and then install sp3 again perhaps?

A:cant install ie8, reverted back to ie6

I don't have an answer for you. However I must post this caution for members who may download IE8 to try and help you.Please note that this program is a pre-release beta version of a product and not completely tested to ensure its stability or reliability.What is beta software?After an initial round of in-house testing, software publishers often release new programs to be tested by the public. These pre-release versions are called beta software, usually denoted by a "b" in the version number, e.g., Netscape Navigator 2.0b5. Since the publisher couldn't possibly test the software under all possible conditions, it is reasonable to expect that wider use of the software may uncover problems that were not discovered during in-house testing. The publisher expects to be notified when users find such problems so that the program can be fixed before its official release.In general, you should expect to run into bugs whenever using any piece of beta software. These bugs may range in severity from minor features that don't work to problems that cause your computer to crash. You should decide whether the benefit of new features in a beta program outweighs the risk of program instability before choosing to use a piece of beta software. You should also be aware that UITS will not have thoroughly tested beta software, nor will the software be guaranteed by its maker, so you should not expect the same level of support as you would receive for an official release version of the program.The goal of a beta program is to collect information regarding the performance, quality, stability, and functionality of new products in order to iron out the bugs before they are released to the general public. If you choose to use a beta program, you use it at your own risk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199365/cant-install-ie8-reverted-back-to-ie6/
Relevancy 65.79%

Okay, it was a stupid thing to do but I tried Windows 10 last night. It installed successfully but I didn't like it. It had the option to revert back to Windows 7 so I did. Now it won't open. I used Windows Recovery Environment to repair the boot problems I thought it might have. (MBR, BCD) That didn't work. It will open fine in safe mode but not in normal mode. It goes straight to the Windows Recovery Page. Any help would be appreciated.

My pc is a Dell Optiplex 760 desktop,
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit,
Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 gigs RAM

A:Win 7 won't boot after I reverted back to it from Win 10

Gazzer mate I don't know quite what you want to do but if you have all your data saved then you could try a factory restore because if it was a factory installed 7 then there would be a factory recovery partition that when used will take the machine back to as it came out of the manufacturers site - as new . Now this will lose the data and programs of course which is why I asked if you have your data backed up.

Now what you do is to hit the restore key while booting in most cases but beign a Dell I am not sure but this may give you a few options
How to restore your Windows 7 computer to factory settings | Dell US

Let us know how you go.

Just as a by the by mate what didn't you like about 10 as I resisted for some time and there are ways of setting it up to look like 7 and personalise it to your particular tastes. Myself I have it set to just show me the Control Panel This PC (Computer) ans System Configuration plus the weather and photos at hitting Start I got rid of all those ridiculous apps like crushed candy games News and suchlike.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398629-win-7-wont-boot-after-i-reverted-back-win-10-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a windows vista laptop. My 81 yr old mother was playing games on it last night. When I turned it on this morning my desktop was in 2008 although the date was correct. When I went to system restore it said the last restore point was feb 2 2008. I need help undoing whatever she did last night so my computer programs and files are as they were yesterday.She does not know what she did.Please help!

Relevancy 65.36%

hi,

my father used combofix on his laptop. i have it now and it appears clean compared to "very messed up" as he says it was before. the problem is it appears to have reverted back to vista service pack 1 and service pack 2 keeps failing to install from windows update. i have no idea what this implies or what to do? (the windows disk that came with his computer is vista sp1)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:vista reverted back to sp1 after combofix

Hello having run ComboFix we need to see that and a DDS log.Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.Skip the GMER step and instead post the ComboFix log you have.Let me know if that went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382019/vista-reverted-back-to-sp1-after-combofix/
Relevancy 65.36%

My computer recently reverted to an old login setup/profile without any prompting. The only thing I did was remove the PC from its power source, installed a wireless NIC (netgear G) and powered back up to find old login info from a previous user and password. How do I go back to the one I setup?

I'm sure I'm not including enough key info, please, ask for more and I'll respond asap. Thanks.

A:XP reverted to old login info....how do I go back?

You should start up your computer, and then hit f8 or whichever f key it is for your computer. Then you should start up into safe mode with out networking. Once your computer is all set up you should go to start > control panel > User accounts. Then you can change things in there to the users that were on there.

I believe that is how it works.
Cheers!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-reverted-to-old-login-info-how-do-i-go-back-276910.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Pasting in info from another post OBhi my father used combofix on his laptop i have it now and it appears clean compared to quot very messed up quot as he says it was before combofix reverted after to sp1 vista back the problem is it appears to have reverted back to vista service pack and service pack keeps failing to install from windows update i have no idea what this implies or what to do the windows disk that came with his computer is vista sp any help would be greatly appreciated ComboFix - - - Michael - x Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - Running from E ComboFix exeAV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions C Install exec programdata aMpFbCm c programdata aMpFbCm aMpFbCm c programdata aMpFbCm aMpFbCm exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- C R FWJFW - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition vista reverted back to sp1 after combofix Updates C CF - BC - E -AC - D CA D mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Skype - - - - ----a-w- c windows system ntoskrnl exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system atmfd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow vista reverted back to sp1 after combofix atmfd dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system atmlib dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow atmlib dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Common Files Software Update Utility - - - - -------- d-----w- C Intel - - - - ----a-w- c program files x Internet Explorer Plugins nppdf dll - - - - ------w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates FA BD -A A - FE- -DDD FC E A gapaengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Security Client - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Updates mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Microsoft Security Client Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Backup mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system odbc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows SysWow odbc dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system sdclt exe - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft eHome Packages MCESpotlight MCESpotlight SpotlightResources dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Sidebar quot quot c program files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe quot - - quot ehTray exe quot quot c windows ehome ehTray exe quot - - quot SightSpeed quot quot c program files x Dell Video Chat DellVideoChat exe quot - - quot swg quot quot c program files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - - quot Weather quot quot c program files x AWS WeatherBug Weather exe quot - - quot Aim quot quot c program files x AIM aim exe quot - - quot Skype quot quot c program files x Skype Phone Skype exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot FATrayAlert quot quot c program files x Sensible Vision Fast Access FATrayMon exe quot - - quot Dell Webcam Central quot quot c program files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe quot - - quot PCMService quot quot c program files x Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe quot - - quot HP Software Update quot quot c program files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot - - quot QuickTime Task quot quot c program files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot - - quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot c program files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Adobe ARM quot quot c program files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot - - quot BCSSync quot quot c program files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe quot - - quot iTunesHelper quot quot c program files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - c programdata Microsoft Windows Start Men... Read more

A:vista reverted back to sp1 after combofix

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/382046/vista-reverted-back-to-sp1-after-combofix/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok so my laptop s on classic windows XP to back reverted Interface interface for some reason has been changed somehow to the windows classic interface and I m not able to change it back There s not even an option for it when I right click on the desktop go to properties and such Also I m not able to pick up a signal to connect to the internet Interface reverted back to windows classic on XP Things are slow loading as well I had installed the Firefox plug in for Windows Media Player recently but even after that I wasn t having problems After doing that I restarted like it told me I don t know if that might have any sort of impact or not It just happened randomly and abruptly Maybe it has something to do with a change in the registry or something I dunno Either way I included a DDS Log below Thanks in advance guys ------------------------------------------DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by ndibenedetto at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Disaster Recovery SaibSVC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files CinemaNow CinemaNow Media Manager CinemanowSvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Roxio CPMonitor exeC Program Files Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system VxBlockServer exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings ndibenedetto Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp en wikipedia org wiki Main PageuInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uInternet Settings ProxyServer http BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLLBHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dllBHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun AlcoholAutomount quot c program files alcohol soft alcohol axcmd exe quot automountmRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exemRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exemRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exemRun SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exemRun Broadcom Wireless Manager UI c windows system WLTRAY exemRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exemRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottimemRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun RoxWatchTray quot c program files common files roxio shared shared... Read more

A:Interface reverted back to windows classic on XP

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319035/interface-reverted-back-to-windows-classic-on-xp/
Relevancy 64.5%

Ok so my laptop's interface for some reason has been changed somehow to the windows classic interface and I'm not able to change it back. There's not even an option for it when I right click on the desktop, go to properties and such. Also, I'm not able to pick up a signal to connect to the internet. Things are slow loading as well. I don't think it's a virus or anything so I didn't bother including a HJT log. I had installed the Firefox plug in for Windows Media Player recently, but even after that I wasn't having problems. After doing that I restarted like it told me. I don't know if that might have any sort of impact or not. It just happened randomly and abruptly. I would really appreciate any sort of help on this issue. Thanks guys.

A:Interface reverted back to windows classic on XP

Only one idea right off, try system restore to a time when things were right.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318496/interface-reverted-back-to-windows-classic-on-xp/
Relevancy 64.5%

I loaded windows 10, could not get on with it, so ended up reverting back to windows 7.  Then realised it had corrupted my recovery partition.  Used my Original Windows 7, to re-install. However, I could not find the correct way to install the drivers that were listed on HP Support pages. There was no list of which driver to install first, and I still have Other Devices on control panel, showing a problem with yellow flag.  Is there somewhere that I can find what I want.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/installed-win-10-didn-t-like-it-reverted-back-to-win7-this/td-p/5804327
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi well first of all the reason I changed it was because I tried to optimize my mistake by reducing it My router is set to MTU manually after a support tech from Linksys asked me to change it for a previous problem I used the quot netsh interface ipv set subinterface quot Wireless Network connection quot mtu nnnn store persistent quot size, lag back Changed noticable default, to reverted MTU now command to change it around to find what MTU Windows uses automatically It was set at for both LAN Changed MTU size, reverted back to default, noticable lag now and WLAN I set the WLAN to to see how it would perform didn't see a noticable change I believe so I switched back Now I see a slight lag when loading sites I also compared the time against another pc that I did not tamper with which by default was set to Changed MTU size, reverted back to default, noticable lag now and that one worked normally I fear I may have overridden Windows defaults Changed MTU size, reverted back to default, noticable lag now for handling MTU since after manually setting it to was originally when it was untouched it lags a little For the time being I set it to to get the performance that I normally got with default settings My question is if it's possible to get the original performance back with the MTU set back to what it was originally Also I learned my lesson and won't be trying to change settings without first making sure they are completely reversible Also I'd like to do this without using System Restore Thanks in advance

A:Changed MTU size, reverted back to default, noticable lag now

What browser do you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272703-changed-mtu-size-reverted-back-default-noticable-lag-now.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am fixing someones PC now, I keep getting an issue that the changes that are being made to the PC get reverted back once the PC is rebooted. It reminds me of something that happens when you log in in school (or library), and once you log out the PC goes back to default settings. What can cause this? Or what software can cause this?

No bookmarks, no downloaded pictures, no preferences, nothing...

A:Computer settings are being reverted after a restart back to default

You're not giving us much to work with!

I keep getting an issue that the changes that are being made to the PC get reverted back once the PC is rebooted.Click to expand...

What type of changes?
What operating system?
Are you getting any error messages? What?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-settings-are-being-reverted-after-a-restart-back-to-default.135010/
Relevancy 63.21%

Up until a few days ago I could view thumbnails/icons of actual PDF files while in Windows Explorer. Now I only get the Adobe logo icon. Other file thumbnails are working.

I tried a system restore back to before this started but it didn't correct the problem. Prior to that I tried changing the file association to another program and back again but that didn't work either. Any other ideas?

Windows 7 spoiled me-- I really liked being able to see what the file looked like before I had to go opening several to find the one I want. (When I'm creating document graphic designs I usually make three or four different trial versions which can get confusing when I am away from my work for a day or two!)

I tried Googling the problem and found some discussions on other forums but still haven't found a satisfactory solution.

Thanks,
Lisa in The Lowcountry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-pdf-thumbnails-icons-reverted-back-to-adobe-logo-515567.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Just last week I d gotten my iPhone amp updated the iTunes to the new iTunes But just a few days ago I turned on the computer and it had a blank screen for a while so it iTunes when reverted & won't was to old open back updated last week version i turned it off then on again It told me it didn t shut iTunes reverted back to old version when it was updated last week & won't open down properly so instead of starting it normally I chose iTunes reverted back to old version when it was updated last week & won't open the other option of well I don t even remember Then it asked if I wanted to reboot or something like that amp make the laptop go back to the previous condition in which it was better which unfortunately was before I d updated the iTunes So now whenever i iTunes reverted back to old version when it was updated last week & won't open try to open it the message quot The file quot iTunes Library itl quot cannot be read because it was created by a new version of iTunes quot I even tried downloading the new iTunes hoping it could pick up all my hopefully-not-lost music but in the process of installing it it quot could not access network location APPDATA quot and it requires QuickTime which it looks like i have My parents have no idea about this amp they will kill me if I ve ruined my iTunes and i may know my iPhone but I sure cannot figure out my own laptop P S when it had asked me if I wanted to do the reboot restart thing it had told me it cannot be undone So this shows what kind of comprehension skills I have nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-reverted-back-to-old-version-when-it-was-updated-last-week-wont-open.960566/
Relevancy 63.21%

I purchased a Dell Inspiron 2330 from a pawn shop - previous owner installed win 7 Ultimate 64-bit (replacing win 8). I got the activation code and downloaded a good copy of win 7 Ult 64-bit (from MS site) to do a fresh install to delete all his stuff !! Big mistake Cannot connect to internet. Multiple drivers out. Found a LAN driver to correct Ethernet driver but still unable to connect. Not very good at OS level diags (more of a "know just enough to be dangerous" type) Any help is appreciated. Have a laptop connected so can download and load via stick. I entered as much info as I could garner in the "System Specs" page of my profile. Thanks.

A:Dell Inspiron 2330 reverted back to win 7 - missing drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Go to the Device Manager click on Networking select the missing Driver device .. Right click select Property's/Details Tab .. There will be a Hardware ID there search google for the ID that will tell you which Driver you need .. A list of Drivers for your Computer is in the Link below ...

Product Support | Dell US

You should then run Windows Updates it should find most of your Drivers ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/337817-dell-inspiron-2330-reverted-back-win-7-missing-drivers.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello all who having issues i found a cool way and simple way how to fix this issue with out reformatting your PC... here a few things you might like about this

1st your need find the regedit in your windows xp click on start button and then run type in regedit wait till it loads

look for a thread like this one

Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX

Change the value of version from ?4.010.00.0904? to ?4.09.00.0904?.

Now run the DirectX installer.?

then your done and oh ya before i forget

goto your C:/Windows/System 32 and delete the D3DX10_43.dll files if u have any

then you can reboot plus you can check after wards if u have 9.0c installed go find in your C:/Windows/System 32 a program named dxdiag.exe i hope i help solve your problem

A:How to roll back to DirectX 9.0c from DirectX 10 for Windows XP

You chose this for your first post. Did you follow the guides for new members?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-roll-back-to-directx-9-0c-from-directx-10-for-windows-xp.152901/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am using a HP Compaq dx with Windows XP installed I have ran scans with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and AVG Scans since the start of the problem and within the first few days caught several Viruses Badthings with both Now tho they dont pick up anything and report everything to be clear The Problem Cannot aquire IP address however when i connect ethernet cable to xbox or this second laptop then it works fine so it must be something to do with the computer Cannot activate firewall when i try to i follow instructions to control panel and activate there it cannot do and suggest to run windows fireall ICS service i click yes and it cannot connect Taskbar and documents and password input at start of loadup and task manager ect has resorted back Reverted IP Cannot Not working, to adress, Firewall Aquire classic back style.... to classic grey and when i try and turn back it doesnt Itunes has detected a problem with my audio configuration and no sound will play on iTunes or anything When connected to sound system and i do something non compatible and it makes the beepy noise it comes out computer Like pressing shift times really fast Has been like this for about months now in which i have not turned on except for a few times just to shout at it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-aquire-ip-adress-firewall-not-working-reverted-back-to-classic-style-506778.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have repeatedly encountered Win10 Envy 860-1... to 10240 14393 Win10 Failed Upgrade From on a failures in trying to upgrade Win from version to the current version I used Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... the Windows Upgrade exe program - failed I used the MediaCreationTool to download the iso and create a bootable DVD for upgrade - failed Created virtual drive for the iso to upgrade - failed The normal Windows Update function appears to work properly - I get windows and other updates on the usual time basis The relevant files for diagnosing what went wrong seem to be A The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact logB The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setuperr logC There are also small files with these same names in the WINDOWS WS Sources Panther folder i e another setupact log and setuperr log Here is the file WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact log - - Info SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Setup log starts - - Info SP Host system information VM NOFirmware type UEFIManufacturer HPModel - stBIOS name A BIOS version A BIOS release date Total memory Number of physical CPUs Number of logical CPUs Processor manufacturer GenuineIntelProcessor name Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHzProcessor caption Intel Family Model Stepping Processor architecture x Processor Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... clock - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Basic - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources reagent admx - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Basic incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Servicing x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Servicing - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources compatprovider dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Servicing incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint ICB x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint ICB - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint ICB incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Migration x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Migration - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Migration incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info Initializing diagnostics helper data file NULL - - Info No existing diagnostics data - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Warning SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Failed to initialize tracing - - Info There is already a running setup user mode etw session - - Info VDS available - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Info SP Attempting to resurrect a new system from C Windows BT Sources - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL tring enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBC... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-From-Win10-10240-to-Win10-14393-Failed-on-Envy-860/td-p/5749396
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I received the free win 10 upgrade from an invitation to reserve the upgrade. The other day, a Ransomware hit me, and though I believe I may have immediately tracked & deleted all affected files I could find, I hardly believe I could be so skilled as to be successful.

I had this happen last year, and ended up formatting the unit, and reloading Win 7. I don't want to have to go back to 7, but how do I get another Win 10? Is there a key I need to find & save? A free site that I can get a copy on a flash drive to load from? Any help would be appreciated. I have no clue how to proceed since it's an online download, and once formatted, the unit won't be able to get online without the OS

Thanks

A:I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

you can download the newest build of windows 10 > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

boot from the setup media - remove every partition (wipe) the HDD

and clean install widows 10

since you already had win7 and windows 10 on that PC - if asked for product key - just skip that screen

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32366-i-have-win10-upgrade-must-reformat-pc-how-do-i-get-win10-again.html
Relevancy 57.62%

After converting back to Windows 7 Pro, my Norton security provided by my Comcast account, thinks I am running Windows 10 and will only let me try to load a version for Windows 10.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/811cd91b-7f22-40e0-8ba6-716a18fe8056/reverted-back-to-windows-7-norton-antivirus-thinks-i-am-running-windows-10?forum=W8ITProWTG
Relevancy 57.19%

I Had Win8.1, tried Win10, had huge problems (Win10 problems and Saitek Drivers non-existent for Win10), went back to Win8.1, Now want to go back 2 Win10 , now that Saitek has newer Win10 drivers for peripherals. (Saitek, was all screwed up refused to make Win10 drivers for a very long time.

Will Win10 install over my Win 8.1 and keep my applications, or will I have to re-load al my applications and programs?

Thanx

I have DCS, IL-2 and also, Steam with Flight Simulators. Also Flight Sticks, etc. Drivers, Software, etc.
All in the Win8.1 install.

A:Had Win8.1, tried Win10, huge problems, back Win8.1, bak 2 Win10

If you use the Media Creation tool to do an upgrade, and as long as you chose "Upgrade this PC now" , you should be fine. The only problems you may encounter are incompatible drivers. You can also create a bootable media, but upgrading it directly is better IMO.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32613-had-win8-1-tried-win10-huge-problems-back-win8-1-bak-2-win10.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I am not sure if I have win 8.1 pro or win 8.1Says 8.1 pro in mscinfo but doesnt allow me to install win 8.1 pro features. Anyway that is not the issue I am writing about. Issue is , I had my laptop crashed 1 month after I installed Win 10. it required HD replacement by HP, at which stage I was told not to ugrade to win 10 as my laptop will not handle it. My Question is:free upgrade to wn 10 ends soon.what happens when my OS will no longer be supported by MSWhat is actually the problem that causes HP notebooks to crash? Is there a feature in win 10 that can be turned off to avoid causing the crash?Atleast we can keep up with the updates!! Need some help to understand what the actual issue is and if there has been some workaround found by now.SD

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Win10-upgrade-deadline-arrived-cannot-upgrade-what-next/td-p/5688369
Relevancy 53.75%

When i navigate to settings>Recovery>Go back to Win 7, I click the "Get Started" button but nothing opens or occurs at all. I am the only account on the PC with full admin rights. Attached is a screenshot of my user list

A:Cannot Go back to Win7 from Win10

Hi there

Oh Dear

Why don't some people EVER LISTEN to sensible advice on these Forums

Why on earth didn't you IMAGE you W7 system before doing any upgrades etc --things like MACRIUM are FREE.

90% of problems could be solved if people only too regular backpps.

\this advice must have been given AD NAUSEAM by loads of people on the forums.

If only you had an image -- ouldtake you around 30 mins max to restore back to W7.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57537-cannot-go-back-win7-win10.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have updated my Pavilion from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (BIG mistake!!).Now I would to revert back to Windows 8. I have a set of recovery disks fromHP that I think can be used to accomplish this? But I want your input.What I want is a complete fresh install of Windows 8 with no remnants ofWindows left on my hard drive.Can this be done, and how do I do it? HP has never let me down in the pastfifteen or so years, so please don't start now. 8-)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Win10-back-to-Win8/td-p/5727416
Relevancy 53.75%

I looked in the search engine to see if this topic had been covered but didn't find anything. And, to be honest, I don't know if I should be here in the Win10section or the 8.1 area.

Anyway, I upgraded to Win10 some time ago and there's just too many problems with it, so I want to go back to 8.1 How do I do that, please and thank you?

You'll find all the info about my PCs to the left at My System.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/have-win10-want-to-revert-back-to-8-1-a-1152537.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a problem where an upgrade to Windows 10 has happenend and had to rollback to windows 7.  I use RDP and the printer redirection quite a lot and since the upgrade & rollback this no longer works.  I can still use RDP without a problem
its just the printer redirection which won't work. Has anybody had this and managed to sort or any ideas.  Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3ec5c377-37da-4e82-afb7-7110e260d113/windows-10-reverted-back-to-windows-7?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 52.89%

As per title.

I've upgraded my Win7Pro to Win10 Professional a few months ago. I want to install Win7 back for testing purposes. I still have my Win7 activation key.

What's going to happen after the testing when I'll install Win10 again? Will it be activated or will I have to pay?

A:What happens with my Win10 license if I go back to Win7 for a day?

Hi, your PC should automatically activate if you reinstall Win 10. Once activated, your right to Win 10 is held on MS's activation servers against your hardware.

I suggest you do the following to save a lot of time:
a. Create a disk image using e.g. Macrium reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage (Use 'Windows Backup'). You can then restore your PC exactly as was with Win10 in under an hour. (Everyone should use disk imaging routinely anyway- strongly recommended here).
b. Reinstall Win 7 and do what you need to
c. Create an image of that so you can restore Win 7 any time you wish in under an hour.
d. Restore your image of Win 10.

Note: you will need to be careful about partitions on your disk - best to delete the Win 10 ones then install Win 7, then delete Win 7 ones and restore Win 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61878-what-happens-my-win10-license-if-i-go-back-win7-day.html
Relevancy 52.89%

directx 12 is one thing...
the spy business is another thing....
going back to windows 7 is that a bad thing? will my computer run a little faster? what are the pro/cons of going back to windows 7?

https://hardforum.com/threads/do-you-loose-anything-by-going-from-win10-back-to-win7.1910222/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I've come here from a post on the windows 10 forums, as directed by user fireberd (that thread - "Speakers" Sound device disappeared - Windows 10 Forums)

As described there, I have no audio on my laptop anymore (an ASUS x53z) Following his advice I have uninstalled the chipset drivers using the installer from the ASUS website. Nothing has changed. I have two devices listed under System devices called High Definition Audio Controller, one has an error "This device was unable to start (code 10)" which i understand to be bad drivers, but these are now the generic windows drivers, surely?

I'm very confused and frustrated!

A:After going to Win10 and coming back, no Audio :(

After deleting both devices and doing a Scan for Hardware Changes (which should reinstall generic drivers) i get this, screenshot attached.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/378008-after-going-win10-coming-back-no-audio.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i just bought a 2nd hand HP 8200 series pc.
they originally shipped them win7 pro license.
the guy i bought it from upgraded it to win10 pro (activated).

there is a few reasons i want to go back.
anyway i noticed that win10 had this option to Roll Back from Win10 to Win7.
i'm not sure how he updated it, because there is no
back up image anywhere on the hard drive.(the win 10 app explained)
i tried some 3rd party software, same result.

so if i cant do it without a clean install of a win 7 image,
my question is then ,can i somehow extract the license/activation/serial
from the harddrive & then activate a win7 image i downloaded from the net?

A:i want to Roll Back from Win10 to Win7

Unfortunately, on a computer upgraded to Windows 10 you only have 30 days to revert. If the computer is an OEM then you cannot legally download an iso from the web. If you do find one then you would need to activate via phone. HP does provide Recovery Disks at a nominal cost. You would need to contact HP.

If the Recovery Partition is intact, you may be able to revert to a WIndows 7 factory state by tapping a key during boot to bring up the Recovery Wizard. When you open Disk Management do you see a Recovery Partition approx 15GB in size. Edit: I noticed you posted you could not see a recovery image. Nothing in Disk Management? For HP tap F11 at boot. This will bring up the Recovery Manager. Any personal data currently on the computer needs to be backed up first.

Edit: Unfortunately, your key is gone but you should be able to use the key on the COA sticker but as I said, there is no legal place to download a Windows 7 iso file if it OEM.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597136/i-want-to-roll-back-from-win10-to-win7/
Relevancy 52.89%

My Grandson can't get Windows 7 back & hates Windows 10. He is into gaming & says none of his games work right on Win 10. His games won't play really at all the have problems with FPS and lots of errors when the game starts up.

I hope that somebody can help me with this.
Many thanks,
MamaWolf

A:Can I go back to Win7 after the first month of Win10

If it's within 30 days, you can go back to your Win 7 license. If it's over 30 days, I think you're stuck with Win 10.

What is the problem that you're having going back to Win 7? In as much detail as possible, please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386547-can-i-go-back-win7-after-first-month-win10.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi First time poster here Fairly proficient but no expert by far My question is what did going back to Win from Win do to cause me to have to reactivate The history Win7 0XC004E003 Error from Win10 to going back trying after is it was bought used with Vista as the original op system He upgraded to Win with what appears was an OEM SLP I was able to install Service Pack and all the updates never having any issues No need to activate or validation ever came up for years Error 0XC004E003 after going back to Win7 from trying Win10 After I tried Win and went back to Win two days later everything was fine until days went by Only THEN did the message start to appear Your Windows is not genuine Doing the MGA Diagnostics tool shows it is genuine Microsoft says the key number is blocked now causing the error If I had never tried Win I believe this issue would not have happened at all All these months I never had a activation or validation issue I've read where some others have this issue also after days have gone by after reverting back to Win I'm probably out of luck getting the key unblocked as they say they never do that What happened that caused me to have to re activate What caused Windows to now see it as not genuine And only AFTER days expired Here is the report Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- WGA Data-- gt Validation Status Genuine Validation Code Cached Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -X GV-V DCV-P K Windows Product Key Hash aU z fnhnLHmhBm qYZT E s Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID F E CF- D Error 0XC004E003 after going back to Win7 from trying Win10 - DF- Error 0XC004E003 after going back to Win7 from trying Win10 CE - CFAACE B Is Admin Yes TestCab x WGA Version N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x WGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt F E CF- D - DF- CE - CFAACE B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -P K lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP Pavilion dv RV UA ABA lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt ACF D FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396007-error-0xc004e003-after-going-back-win7-trying-win10.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I need some assistance with this used to do this type of stuff years ago but the mind is not what it used to be I upgraded my laptop Toshiba L to win using the free windows upgrade it upgrade fine no warning or anything about weeks after the upgrade started having problem it wouldn't after to win10 back 30days from Reverting win7 update an windows products couldn't use Edge so I called Microsoft and they did a few Reverting back to win7 from win10 after 30days tests and came back with the conclusion that laptop was not compatible with and I need to contact Toshiba for the new drivers did this and was told they were working on it but that they had so many models that it could Reverting back to win7 from win10 after 30days take to years if ever to get to my model I gave them a mouthful know I was wasting my breath Sorry for the long story but I am still a little peeved about the whole thing I have a windows disk from my old PC can I use these to reinstall windows on my LPtop If yes what do I need to do Do I need to uninstall windows and what information will I need to save Help will be much appreciated

A:Reverting back to win7 from win10 after 30days

You will need to save all of your data as it will be removed.

If your system has a recovery partition, then you can choose to launch the Toshiba recovery mode and restore to Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/reverting-back-to-win7-from-win10-after-30days-1068506.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all i'm a new member to the forum My dads computer did have Win bit installed Unfortunately it now has installed win automatically and we have tried to roll back to the previous os The computer is now stuck back with Win10 to from Win7 problem rolling in a startup repair loop and is unable to repair it I cannot log in to windows at all There are no system restore points to revert to I have inserted the os install disk and tried to repair it this way but i see the same loop I cant run the sfc command because of the infinite loop I did manage one time to problem with rolling back to Win7 from Win10 get safemode minimal to work and i could problem with rolling back to Win7 from Win10 see his desktop but the mouse and keyboard didnt work and i havent got a usb to ps adapter it had a bsod about mins after i got into safemode anyway I have read the the tutorial on here on how to recover from a repair loop but it does not work for this problem i am seeing Can anyone point me in the right direction please Regards Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396709-problem-rolling-back-win7-win10.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello! Thanks to Win 10 preview (last build). So, when I decided to roll back to win 7, after installing it  my troubles came out. Shortly, could not read my backup devices, could not make backups and disc images, all restore points vanished. At this point, no one could tell a solution, even if I think re-installing win 7 from OEM disc, would be the better idea. Please, give me a last chance before I collapse...Many thanks in advance, yours greysmouth BO IT.
 vssadmin_list_writers.JPG   90.27KB
  0 downloads
 Task_scheduler_Err_2.JPG   88.73KB
  0 downloads
 Task_scheduler_Err_1.JPG   81.74KB
  0 downloads
 Error_task_image.JPG   79.21KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577851/error-0x80042306-after-rolling-back-from-win10-to-win7/
Relevancy 51.17%

My language bar is missing and cannot switch keyboard from Eng to Chinese after downgrade from Win10 back to Win7.

I've tried the help in the below webpage but no use:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b07bd3fc-0968-445a-be33-bd0075a2a7af/after-going-back-to-windows-7-the-language-bar-is-missing-in-the-taskbar-even-if-my-keyboard-setup

Actually I have completely no idea with the below passage,
which program to click, how to input and how to run:

For your issue, it can be caused by missing user configuration or corrupted system files, you can try commands below to repair:

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
SFC /scannow

Please write in a step-by-step language that non-computer scientist can follow to do. Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f71219b9-6316-40e5-8ab4-54b68075e850/language-bar-function-missing-when-downgrade-from-win10-back-to-win7?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 51.17%

When Win10 was released, I was offline.
Now I can't upgrade! I've reserved an upgrade, but it won't ask me to upgrade!

A:Can't upgrade to Win10

Welcome to the forum,

It hasn't asked me yet either, but that doesn't mean you can't upgrade.

You can do it manually, starting at step three here,

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377550-cant-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

my pc is   HP TouchSmart tm2-2150ca Notebook PC       with win7.   tried to upgrade to win 10  but failed.   ideas?   Thanks!

A:win10 upgrade

Hi, Do you know what is the error message ? No error message we or Microsoft won't be able to help. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/win10-upgrade/td-p/5610594
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Folks,

I just found this on my Laptop.

Windows 10 Specifications.pdf

A:Win10 upgrade is not possible.

Hi,
Not sure why you wouldn't just use this to fill in your system spec's page instead of posting a pdf :/
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375534-win10-upgrade-not-possible.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 on the hp 110-414 have you got any problems or bugs with it and is it running well on it and do you think I should upgrade

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp 110-414 Win10 Upgrade

Because you may find that you need to install the Windows 10 driver for it after upgrading. With most notebooks there are two or three different adapters that could be installed. It helps to what is installed in yours.  Use the search functiion in the forum and search for windows 10 wifi driver. You will notice that many members did not take the time to either locate the driver or know what is installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hp-110-414-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/5579588
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an older laptop (probably 6-7 years old, Dell Inspiron running Windows 7) and its been running fairly slow lately. I saw a notice that today is the last day to upgrade to Win10 for free. Just looking for some good advice on whether or not I should even consider upgrading.

My first thought is that, with an older machine, I probably have a lot of junk on my hard drive causing the slowness so I need to clean it up (which means I'll miss the "today is the last day" bit...but do I really care?). I also think maybe my processor won't be able to handle the new version, but not sure if that's really a concern or not.

Can I ask for some advice? Thanks

A:Should I upgrade to Win10?

I saw a notice that today is the last day to upgrade to Win10 for free.Click to expand...

it not - July 2016 is
whats the exact model and also the service tag number
make sure there are windows 10 drivers available for the PC

you could always make a recovery set of DVDs (if you havent already , and i would advise you make them anyway) and do a windows 7 clean install

you may have a lot of startups or even malware on the PC slowing it down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-upgrade-to-win10.1163500/
Relevancy 51.17%

My wife's computer could not upgrade to win 10 cause it had an old video card. I upgrade motherboard and video card. Win 7 is registered, but can not upgrade. The free upgrade tool still shows the other video card. Tried the media creation tool and still goes back to the upgrade box with the old card. Is there anyway to erase that upgrade box and redue it?

A:Help with win10 upgrade

Check for any left over files or drivers from your old video card. Windows is still finding it somewhere. Check your device manager 1st just to see if its listing 2 video cards, then check your program folders for any left overs. Also just for backup reasons, download a program on this forum called Showkey which will give you the information on your currant Windows Key, incase you need it to upgrade to Windows 10.
Showkey

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/35032-help-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

At the moment there is a promotion up to 29 July to upgrade to win10 from win7 home premium 64bit ok
So I downloaded the Microsoft upgrade assistant to win 10 and all ok. But it get stuck at 99% and stop there ok
Then the worst is it is a hell of a job to get win7 back cause it comes up with a black screen ok
Contacted Microsoft and told me to contact you to help me solve this issue
Already contacted you through twitter few days ago but no reply
Thanks if you try to solve this problem before expires tnx
mind you get stuck 99% during installing ok
contacted Microsoft and told me to get in touch with you maybe you already came through such a problem
please thanks for trying to solve before promotion expires
regards
John Mifsud
product serial # [personal information removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-to-win10/td-p/5690815
Relevancy 51.17%

When I upgrade my 32 bit win 7 computer to win 10 can I choose to upgrade to 64 bit win 10?

A:Upgrade from 32 bit win 7 to 64 bit win10

You cannot do an in place upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. Going from 32-bit to 64-bit requires a clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56098-upgrade-32-bit-win-7-64-bit-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I could certainly use some knowledge! I have Windows ME and am trying to upgrade from 9.0b to 9.0c. I've shut down all programs using ctrl + alt + delete and then tried, upgraded my drivers and tried and tried uninstalling video card and reinstalling that. It's given me problems in the past and just because I couldn't think of anything else, I tried it. Would you have any other suggestions?

Relevancy 51.17%

i need to have the new directX c apparently to be able to play Eve Online which is pretty much useless at the Can't Upgrade DirectX moment as its crashing freezing yes both depending on what mood my PC s Can't Upgrade DirectX in every few minutes it seems that although windows tells me that directX is up to date the dxdiag shows that the files are all from and im told that there is a much newer version when trying to install the version my computer tells me that it either has an equivalent or newer version already or if i download the entire Mb file it says that it installs successfully but for some reason doesnt overwrite the older version ive tried to remove directX using a few programs found on the internet including happy DirectX uninstaller and the eradicator one but they dont work ive even tried to remove the files with the regedit but all that achieved was a system restore since windows refused to install any version of directX after that saying that there was an internal system error and that i should look at the DXError log and DirectX log to determine problem doesnt anyone have a clue how to fix this Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I am running XP professional SP3.

I have run dxdiag, and it shows I have directx 8.1
I went to Microsoft and rant the installer for 9.0c
It says it installed and is ready to go. But dxdiag still says I have 8.1

I am frustrated, and am wondering about upgrading to Windows 7 (but really don't want to). This machine is only 3-4 years old, and runs fine otherwise.

I have also tried to install 9.0c from the Lego Harry Potter CD. Again, no joy.

So what do I need to do to get this running????

A:cannot upgrade from directx 8.1 to 9.0c

What type of system do you have?
Make model
video
etc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-upgrade-from-directx-8-1-to-9-0c-496111.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I attempted to upgrade from directX v8.1 to the latest from Microsoft web site but the install program finishes immediately and DXDIAG still shows old version. Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-upgrade-directx-8-1-to-9-0-on-xp.36410/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a very weird problem even tho I am a computer engineer and software developers upgrade DirectX Cannot with years experience this exceed my understanding I have PC in LAN all of them have DirextX updated to latest version June One of them lately Cannot upgrade DirectX started to give some error while playing games usually that PC is not used to play games I soon enough discovered that DirectX according to DXDIAG had all files from the original installation I Cannot upgrade DirectX ran again DirectX SDK update june result no update I browsed all possible topics in Microsoft forums about updated failing to install and follow all instructions No result I thought the only solution left was a reformat so I did It was with GREAT surprise I discovered the newly installed Windows had the same problem No driver or software were installed Only the pure Windows All my PCs use the same version of Windows So I reformatted again changing Windows version but the problem still persist only for that PC There are files in the system directory that ARE indeed those of June but DXDIAG doesn t show them and keep presenting the DirectX configuration PC in question is pretty simple PIV G G DDR Sound and lAN on board on MB ASUS P VD -X GPU ASUS GeForce M DVD ROM Somebody could think is a DXDIAG problem but there is the fact that some game go to error and that could be caused by old version of DirectX even tho I don t exclude the possibility of a DXDIAG problem Why only that PC The other ran the same update from the same file and there was nothing wrong I did try some drastic method as Directx Unistallers but the result was a disaster more errors than good Windows version installed is with SP built in I did try to install a version with DirectX built in and I got the Directx installed but can t update further same problem It s like the machine keeps holding to the first version installed whatever that is Anyone have any advanced idea about this problem Pratically no matter what I do I can t get this PC back on track I have been tempted of smashing it but first I am asking you guys Thanks in advanced for all help you can give me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-upgrade-directx.725416/
Relevancy 50.74%

On the first day of each month, Windows Action Centre sent me a reminder to back up my Win7 PC.
Is that procedure now unnecessary on my Win10? I no longer get that reminder.

PS I've always backed-up my files etc monthly in addition to the WAC back-up (it was impossible to find individual files etc on that WAC back-up) so the idea that I no longer need to back up regularly fills me with horror!

A:Win7 Windows Action Centre monthly reminder to back-up/Not so in Win10

One option many prefer to use would be seeing a full system image back up rather then scheduling partial backups. You can easily use the backup option that comes in Windows or opt for a 3rd party program with many pointing to the free Macrium Reflect. Personally since long before 7 arrived even I never scheduled backups but continually saw manual backups of each individual or group of individual files.

With 10 playing slightly by a new rule book being three versions newer then 7 you have to anticipate that there were a few changes made! The backup options look much the same as to be expected when in the Control Panel while other superficial things may have simply been either eliminated or have a newer approach to get at.

The new Start menu for example lacks the CP link while that is concealed in the right click on Start button dropdown menu there as well as the Command prompt, Command prompt(admin), Run command line previously in the Start menu with 7 now in that right click menu brought in by 8. And at some point some bloggers suggest that MS will be doing away with the Control Panel itself since the emphasis has been on touchscreen for both desktop as well as mobile.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/40221-win7-windows-action-centre-monthly-reminder-back-up-not-so-win10.html
Relevancy 50.31%

How long generally does it take to upgrade to Win10 from Win7. Does it depend on HD & Processor?
I have an SSD and AMD Triple core 3.10GHz.
Win7 is pretty new clean install about 1&1/2 weeks old.

A:Time: Upgrade to Win10

Roughly 1 hour maybe 1.5.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/40961-time-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 50.31%

l had an issue with windows update which required me resetting components.. afterwards l made sure to check for the updates l dont want, not one of the get windows 10 ones was present (granted l didnt look at each support article as l was behind by a few on the laptop which l havent started in a little).

however l do have a list of the updates l dont want to install.. yet the win 10 upgrade is back l removed the program dir manually because l couldnt find an associated update.

just wondered if anyone knew if there was a newly labelled one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396053-there-new-win10-upgrade-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have now decided to bite the bullet and go for the Win10 upgrade. Before I do I would like to know more about the procedure, Can anyone direct me to a good source of information on the subject.

A:Info on Win10 upgrade with ISO.

What version of windows are you currently running

Make a back up of all your data

Download the ISO file and upgrade from this site
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/info-on-win10-upgrade-with-iso.1166347/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all trying to upgrade my desktop self-built from Win to Win but it keeps getting stuck at configuring settings Since at that point there is no task manager or anything and my system has Win10 at upgrade keeps stuck 86% getting no hdd activity light it's hard to tell if anything is still happening The system has an ssd so should not be slow I've updated several laptops also crappy Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86% ones with slow hdd and it worked for all of them never taking longer than couple of hours Now the upgrade on my desktop has been running for hrs mostly stuck at that point I tried to upgrade it once already last fall and then I did not have this issue But system was very unstable and hence unusable with win and hence reverted back to So what are my options to troubleshoot I only have keyboard and mouse attached both USB and no other USB devices There are lots of applications installed and configured dev environment for my personal projects so I would really really like to avoid a clean install If it matters it it win professional and there is enough free space on c drive Should I unplug mouse and keyboard or even display dvi-d

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57202-win10-upgrade-keeps-getting-stuck-86-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

who and why is anyone going for the free Win10 upgrade ? I do online stuff and gaming.... I do not have a tablet.... at current our computer run Win 8.1. I signed up a while back for the free Win10 upgrade.... is there a thread for this discussion already?

A:who and why is anyone going for the free Win10 upgrade ?

Lots of Windows 10 news here ... Windows 10 News - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68757-who-why-anyone-going-free-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

The WIN10 free upgrade deadline is here, and I cannot seem to upgrade my Split X2 easily... at least by using SETUP.  Is there a known way to do so?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-would-like-to-upgrade-my-HP-Split-X2-to-win10-but-cannot/td-p/5703508
Relevancy 50.31%

My current computer has a retail copy of Win8. I'm building a new PC this weekend and I want to utilize the free upgrade to Win10 from my current retail version of 8, but I understand the free upgrade is tied to hardware.

Would my best option be to migrate Win8 to the new PC and upgrade from there? Alternatively, would I be better to just upgrade to 10 now and then migrate to the new PC afterwards? I imagine I can just discover the product key using something like Belarc Advisor, but then I don't know if the key will be accepted for activation on the new hardware... Thoughts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win10-upgrade-and-migration-to-new-pc-1082401.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, i have a Precision M4700 with windows 7 SP1 OEM, i'm confused, can i install windows 10 pro for free or do i have to purchase an upgrade license (if i do it now, before the 29th July) ?
Consider i work in an Enterprise environment but the license applied to my PC is the OEM, not the one under Corporate agreement.
Thanks for a clarification/confirmation.

A:Win7PRO OEM upgrade to Win10

HIRYU79,
Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You will also need to update the drivers to Windows 10 as well. Click the link below to download the drivers for your M4700.
Dell Precision M4700 Drivers and Downloads

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19985747
Relevancy 50.31%

You have Win10 Upgrade questions?  THIS has Win10 Upgrade answers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583598/win10-upgrade-answers/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello i have a L50-B-1P1 laptop and i`m experiencing a few problems after windows 10 upgrade
1 R7 video driver missing so no catalyst present therefore i have low frames and frezess in games
2 Microphone producing garbeld voice when recording

I know that the series is discontinued but there should be some kind of fix for the problems i`m experiencing atm.

I don`t want to downgrade to wind 8.1/7

A:Sattelite L50-B-1P1 after win10 upgrade

What are your exact spec, Processor, RAM and OS type 32 bit / 64 bit

Depending on what it is you may be able to use the new AMD Crimson drivers instead. I have a L50D-C-13G and I abandoned the catalyst drivers for Crimson drivers and my machine is running great. I have an A10-8700P Carrizo R6 with windows 8.1 and it works great for me. The driver lists compatible hardware, read through it and see if your machine is supported.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...tion_16.2.aspx

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90722-Sattelite-L50-B-1P1-after-win10-upgrade
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I am having issues with USB devices dropping since I upgraded to windows 10. I have tried updating device and use drivers, reinstalling devices and changing power settings for devices. This is a pain as I need to regularly make skype business calls and can't now via headset. Any help greatly appreciated.
Later
Anthony

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/usb-dropping-win10-upgrade-4598526/
Relevancy 50.31%

After installing the Win10 Home Premium Upgrade to my HP G60-549DX Notebook, It tells me it did not activate and I get error code 0x803F7001. Can/Will someone tell me what do do PLEASE. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Win10-Upgrade-not-activating/td-p/5705607
Relevancy 50.31%

Been a long time 5+ years since I reloaded windows. Is it better to reload it and go to Win10 or
Just go to Win 10 and hope for the best.... Only problem is the browsers are running a little slow
and have to be restarted

Gary

A:Win 7 from scratch before Win10 upgrade?

Going straight to Windows 7 and using Windows 7 key to activate it is generally more reliable than upgrading.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45754-win-7-scratch-before-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everyone!
i am runing a toshiba satelite using windows 7. the laptop originally came with windows 8, i couldnt bear the change so i switched back to 7 and today i want to get a legit copy of windows 10 -- that will last for over 1 year -- installed after reinstalling windows 8 (my win 7 isn't licensed). after running "ProduKey" i found a "windows BIOS OEM key" that apparently belongs to the OEM win 8.

can i install 8.1 with my win 8 OEM product key?
can i upgrade directly from windows 8 to 10 or do i need to update from 8 to 8.1 and from there upgrade to 10?
can i use the retail win 8 istallation files with an OEM product key or do i need the toshiba OEM installation files?
thank you very much for any help!
Udi Perets

A:in need of help with OEM win 8 istall and upgrade to win10

No need to install windows 8 - just install windows 8.1 via ISO and then upgrade to windows 10 via ISO
windows 10 just needs to see the activation of windows 7 or windows 8.1 to activate itself..

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/69802-need-help-oem-win-8-istall-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone, this is my first visit and post and I hope you can assist
where others have failed. I have tried to install Win 10
on two machines and neither of them would work, both telling me that the CPU was not
good enough or words to that effect.

PC1 has Intel Pent G3220 3.00 GHz Haswell chip.

PC2 has Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz.

Both of these are way over the required
minimum spec so I cannot understand why Win10 will not install.

A:Unable to upgrade to Win10 or even try it out.

Welcome to the forum. Its likely either your cpu cant handle PAE, NX and SSE2 or its not set in the bios

To test for PAE, NX, and SSE2, download a program called "CPU-Z" and run it. On the main window, look under the "Instructions" heading for SSE2, EM64T (which also indicates the processor supports PAE) and either VT-d or VT-x, which is required for NX support. If you have all 3, then you are good to go.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127011-unable-upgrade-win10-even-try-out.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I know someone with a Vista (Business) PC and he received a free upgrade notice to Win10. Is this correct and if so does it just mean that the OS will be installed without saving apps and files?

A:Free Win10 upgrade

I know someone with a Vista (Business) PC and he received a free upgrade notice to Win10. Is this correct and if so does it just mean that the OS will be installed without saving apps and files?Click to expand...

The free upgrade applies to qualified computers that are running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1.

It does NOT apply to computers that are running Windows Vista.

-----------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-win10-upgrade.1152502/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone.

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone could help out.

My video display properties say I'm running Directx 8.1, but when I attempt to upgrade to 9.0x, the installation appears to have worked, but display properties still say 8.1

I tried updating my drivers to 77.77, but this did not help either. Far Cry is running all screwed up (not as a result of the driver upgrade) where textures appear as bright white and there are no signs of shaddows. Low quality mode is the only way it looks ok, but looks ****ty becasue it's low quality. I don't think it's a vcard problem because Doom3 runs great.

Any help would be appriciated.

A:Directx 9.0x upgrade problems

Nevermind, I upgraded to Far Cry 1.3 and that solved the problem. I don't know what's up with this DirectX nonsense, but the game is running great. I've got the resolution set to 1600 x 1200 and all the adv video settings as high as they can go (except AA and AF) and the game runs smooth as hell. I didn't realize what a bargan this video card is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-9-0x-upgrade-problems.31212/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey Y`aLL ! I currently have DirectX8.1 from Microsoft installed on my puter+would like to upgrade.Wondering+heard rumors of the upgraded version 8.2 or 8.b the newer version of not being able to uninstall it or remove it ! If there are any other perils to this newer version please tell me ? Thought i`d touch base with you pro`s first. Any hints on this would be great ! Thanx Dean

A:DirectX 8.b or 8.2 upgrade-Perils ?

You can get it here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx81.asp

Yes it is uninstallable but I have seen little or no problems with people who have upgraded to it.

I did for some fool demo, runs fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directx-8-b-or-8-2-upgrade-perils.103565/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, everybody. I use Windows XP Pro SP2 with DX9.0c and I have an GTX280 running on it. With this setup, i obtain the max performance of the videoboard or I have to install Windows Vista with DX10.1 to have it? Thanks.

A:Solved: DirectX upgrade

I'm not understanding your question. The software, or applications, should dictate your need for Vista/DX10. That video card will support DX10. If you use an application that requires DX10, I would consider upgrading to Vista. Otherwise I would stick with XP. The short answer is if all your drivers and settings are set, you're getting the 'max' performance from the video card.

But again, I don't fully understand your question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-directx-upgrade.729627/
Relevancy 50.31%

There is a new upgrade to directX as well as the ATI catalyst drivers.

The catalyst version is 6.12 and who knows what they did to directX? My benchs are higher after installing both and this set of ATI drivers work very well with my crossfire rig. It has been hit and miss with them lately for me. This one is a hit.

Directx download http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx

Catalyst http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directx-upgrade-catalyst-6-12.526821/
Relevancy 50.31%

I installed an upgrade to DirectX about a month ago on advice disaster upgrade 9 DirectX of Support from a new game I DirectX 9 upgrade disaster had problems with I have a HP Pavilion C Win SE Since then I have had major problems No games work None I don t play online games so I don t think I needed DirectX to begin with I ve installed DirectX four times from the online version and twice from the Redistributable version I did a recovery of my original sound driver on advice from DirectX 9 upgrade disaster HP No help I upgraded my sound and video drivers to Crystal WDM Audio Codec and Intel i and reinstalled DirectX after that No good After the first couple of installs I could access DXDIAG It showed DirectX as DirectX 9 upgrade disaster my version but when I checked the files most seemed to have earlier version extensions I ran into major problems with the Sound and Show diagnostics Illegal Ops Attached is the full DXDIAG printout from early February note this was done before upgrading sound and video drivers Currently after reinstalling with the Redistributable version I can t even run DXDIAG Reinstalling the online version afterward didn t help Now when I try to run DXDIAG I get an Illegal Operation message and the following details DXDIAG executed an invalid instruction in module DSOUND DLL at beb a e Registers EAX CS EIP beb a e EFLGS EBX e SS f ESP f EBP f c ECX DS f ESI d d FS ff EDX ES f EDI d GS Bytes at CS EIP f f e d f b f b f Stack dump d bd d c f beb d c d bc a f c beb c d c d Is there anything I can do other than a complete Recovery nbsp

A:DirectX 9 upgrade disaster

digbklyn,

I am NOT an expert in these matters but I have seen other threads about uninstalling or 'rolling back' versions of DirectX.

The official MS advice seems to be that DirectX is so integrated with your OS that only a complete reinstall of the OS will cure any problems. However, I'm sure I have also seen references to a downloadable tool, not official MS, which can sometimes remove a later version of DirectX.

Try a search on this forum on something like 'uninstalling DirectX' and see what comes up.

Here is an example of what I was talking about;
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92994&highlight=uninstall+DirectX
Note that some people think you could have more problems by using the unofficial removal tool(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/directx-9-upgrade-disaster.122691/
Relevancy 50.31%

A game that I play requires the April or newer issue? upgrade DirectX drop of D DX When I download dxwebsetup from Microsoft's download center for the most recent drop June I believe DirectX upgrade issue? I get an error when trying to install After downloading dxwebsetup exe http www microsoft com downloads d displaylang en in both Mozilla and Internet Explorer I get the same error DirectX upgrade issue? quot DirectX Setup An internal system error occurred Please refer to DXError log and DirectX log in your Windows folder to determine problem quot DirectX log shows this DXWSetup DirectX upgrade issue? DXWSETUP DXWSetup WinMain DXWSetup IsIA not IA DXWSetup ExecuteInf SetupInstallFromInfSection failed error DXWSetup ExecuteInf Unable to proceed C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp IXP TMP dxwsetup inf DirectX WinNT The file may be damaged DXError log shows this -------------------- module DXWSetup May file utils cpp line function ExecuteInf Failed API SetupInstallFromInfSection Error - The I O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request Unable to proceed C DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp IXP TMP dxwsetup inf DirectX WinNT The file may be damaged In the temp folder that it refers to there is no file folder with the name of IXP TMP nor dxwebsetup inf I have tried installing the file in safe mode redownloading the file in different browsers thinking it may have been Mozilla's download interface All games Titan Quest Warcraft III TFT AC without Decal work perfectly fine I'm not sure where to begin If anyone could help me either via PM or this thread it would be very appreciated Thanks

A:DirectX upgrade issue?

I don't know if you have already tried this particular download from microsoft or not, but this is the link I followed http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56513 and it may ask for validation go ahead I did on my husbands computer and it worked like a charm! He is back on his game with no problems.
A wizard will come up and walk you through installation and you do not have to delete old version or anything.
It may look the same as some of microsofts updates for that, but trust me we tried several and this was the only one that worked.
Hope it works for you as well!
Good Luck,
Myst

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/directx-upgrade-issue-108019.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,
I'm a support guy for seniors who have problems with computers/windows.
A "client" has a problem with WLM 2012 after upgrade/roll back to Win10 - W7.
Here the existing pop account can receive mails but no mails are sent via smtp.
Also creation of a new/other e-mail (Gmail or pop) account is not possible.
Reinstallation of WLM 2012 did was not successful.
Installation and configration of Mozilla Thunderbird, everything work very well.
My "client" was satisfied with this solution.
I have a collegue helper, who has a simular problem (W7); no send/reply;
did WLM recovery function, deleted "Mail.MSMessageStore"; uninstalled WLM2012 cleaned up
revo uninstaller also registry; reinstalled WLM2012; but no success.
Thunderbird worked perfect, but his client likes to use WLM.

What can be done to get WLM working again?
Sigi

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/390430-wlm-does-not-work-after-upgrade-win10-rollback-w7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

My laptop was victim of a virus that destroyed some register files and even System Restore could not fix it. My only choice is to format the hdd and reset to the OS in the chip which is Win 8, but I had already upgraded to Win 10. How can I recover my Win 10 Key so I can reinstall and activate Win 10?

Thanks / Arturo

A:How to recover Win10 Key (free upgrade from 8.1) ?

There is no free key. If your computer came with Windows 8.x, the key is in the bios. If you wish to install from the iso, do the install without activation, then once you get into the GUI, then do the activation and it will go through.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62231-how-recover-win10-key-free-upgrade-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10, now I can't turn windows firewall, Tried fixing permissions, still no good. What do I do first?
Hp ProBook Core i5 8 gigs ram

A:firewall won't turn on after upgrade to win10

Press the "Windows Button" and "R" simultaneously.
Typ in cmd

A new window will open.
Typ in netsh advfirewall show allprofiles state

You'll see the status of the Firewall for Domain, Private and Public profile.
Which ones are ON and which ones are OFF?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606086/firewall-wont-turn-on-after-upgrade-to-win10/
Relevancy 49.88%

Like in the topic. Please help; after upgrading to Win 10 there is no keys-backlight after using the FN + Z combination. in bios (after upgrading) everything is fine; so when I turn backlight ON or OFF backlight runs out, but there is problem with Toshiba Funcktion Key driver I think.
I did the reinstalation of this driver, have others toshiba drivers for Win 10 installed (Eco, system driver etc.). Toshiba Funckction key runs for several seconds after system bots up, and is blocked (?) by something after jus several seconds. Weird and very annoying. The fun is that combination for screen brightness (FN + F6 or F7) and for volume up/down (FN + 3 / 4) runs perfectly vell. Backlight
I think the problem is connected with Toshiba Funcktion Key program.

Please help ! Portege is the top class of Toshiba laptops.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92519-Portege-Z30-A-189-No-key-backlight-after-upgrade-to-Win10
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all,

You were all so helpful in getting me through my last Win10 experience that I decided to give it another go

I just finished upgrading my kids' PC from Win7 to Win10, and since the upgrade the system has been hard-freezing -- no responsiveness from mouse or keyboard, screen frozen in place.

I'd heard that there may be issues with USB drivers (since the motherboard is fairly old), so I reinstalled the latest from Gigabyte earlier today, but no dice.

Any advice would as always be appreciated! Thanks in advance,

--Gem

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52213-hard-freeze-after-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I upgraded a few days ago on my ACER Aspire 605G from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I lost wifi capability.  After upgrading numerous drivers, The Qualcomm Atheros Wireless LA Driver gave a message that said, "The device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system.  Insert or reinsert now."  Is that the root of the problem. How do I fix the wifi access?  Thanks for your help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Lost-Wifi-after-Win10-upgrade-from-Win-7/td-p/431312/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I have been trying every fix possible or either the fixes I find are not compatible w/ my system. My burner is a Toshiba CDDVDW TS-L633N,

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/36776-my-dvd-rom-does-has-not-worked-since-win8-1-upgrade-i-now-have-win10.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Upgraded Edge 15 from Win8.1 to Win10 today. Everything was fine, then an installation file got stuck so I held power button for a forced shutdown. When I power up again, I get nothing, just a blank screen. (I didn't even see Lenovo logo) After another power cycles I saw a "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen, then it went away and I am still stuck at a blank screen, from the sound of hard drive it's not reading.I also tried booting to "Windows boot manager" and hard-drive, both got blank screen.  Any help?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Edge-15-won-t-boot-in-Win10-after-upgrade/td-p/3357992
Relevancy 49.88%

The machine nbsp HP Compaq Elite SFF PC nbsp nbsp Serial number CZC BRProduct number XL AVIntel R Core TM i - CPU GHzWindows Professional -bit Service Pack nbsp Fully updated nbsp The problem nbsp I have the icon in the notification area urging me to upgrade to Win When I click it I get Processor not supported Win7 from Win10: supported" Trying upgrade to to not "CPU with no other details Thanks MS Trying to upgrade from Win7 to Win10: "CPU not supported" nbsp Theory There was a bug in the upgrade nootification nbsp According to nbsp http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -win upgrade cpu-not-supported fa d - nbsp The initial release of the Microsoft tool that checks system upgrade compatibility had some issues and was replaced on A fix was released that will show under optional updates that you need to download and install from Windows Update if not installed automatically nbsp Microsoft is currently moving the fix to recommended in WU nbsp This fix was kb I have checked and this fix is installed nbsp Theory Some CPU features required by Win are turned off in the BIOS nbsp According tohttp www techienews co uk fix-cpu-not-compatible-with-windows- -error nbsp you need to ensure that your CPU supports PAE NX and SSE instruction sets nbsp According to nbsp http www cpu-world com CPUs Core i Intel-Core i - CM html nbsp all of these CPU requirements are supported by the CPU nbsp So I ran CPU-Z and it shows that - SSE is supported- no mention of PAE or NX nbsp I have looked in the BIOS and can find no mention of any processor features I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest version nbsp J v nbsp I have also activated Intel Management Engine BIOS extension v and ME v nbsp These appear to permit the BIOS settings to be managed remotely but I have no idea how nbsp Despite several hours of Googling I can find no way to access or change the BIOS options for the CPU nbsp I am now totally stuck

A:Trying to upgrade from Win7 to Win10: "CPU not supported"

Hi: I have the 8200 Elite CMT (i7-2600, BIOS J01, v2.28) and had no issues upgrading to W10. I would suggest you upgrade from the link below and see if it bypasses the hardware check. You can try the upgrade now, or make an installation disk or flash drive via the media creation tool. The disk/flash drive does not check compatibility. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Trying-to-upgrade-from-Win7-to-Win10-quot-CPU-not-supported/td-p/5632325
Relevancy 49.88%

I bought this in Nov, 2012, Win7 SP1. I would like to update to Win10, but I'm not sure the Broadcom WLAN driver will work in Win10. The adapter version is 5.60.350.6 (3/22/2010), BCMWL664.SYS. I don't want to update only to find I have no internet or network access.

A:Can I upgrade h8-1230 from Win7 to Win10?

Greetings, Win 7 upgrades to Win 10 can be problematic with no easy way back to Win 7 unless you have a good image and bootable rescue media. The safest way to upgrade is to clone your existing Win 7 install to a second HDD or SSD. Connect only the cloned HDD to your PC to do the upgrade. Carefully read this entire article by Ed Bott to learn what needs to be done, and the time invested, if you have to rebuild Windows 7.  Win 10 may have the correct WLAN driver as well as all other drivers needed to run correctly or the upgrade could choke. You still have the original Win 7 install on the first HDD and can move on with your computing life. Cheers!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-h8-1230-from-Win7-to-Win10/td-p/5596437
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya peoples, I've been tasked with testing a Win10 upgrade on this 20C0 Yoga and am trying to either find driver or what I need to turn off in the Bios. Thanks in advance for your help  ACPI\BCM2F10\0 Thank you,Jonathan

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Bang-in-DevMan-with-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/3392198