Windows Support Forum

Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Q: Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? you're on windows 10, right?
Use the store app to get the netflix app
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/431229-netflix-stuck-windows-8-build.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Attached is the SF Diagnostic Files.

The BS has come up a few times now. Built the PC last weekend.

I have re-seated all memory, processor, and video card. I also found no bent pins in the CPU slot. (Have had that issue with a "New" mobo in past builds).

I have run memtest86 for a few (3) passes and reported no errors. I have not had the chance to run it overnight yet for an extensive test.

I'm just trying to get an idea of where to look. I'll be running more passes with memtest tonight, and will update this post with any results.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

A:New Build - BSOD -0x0A, 0x7f. Has occured during Netflix and BF4.

Quick Update. Happened again while in BF4. This time is was an 0x50 - Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Can't post the dump right now. Currently running memtest again. Two passes thus far. No errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322655-new-build-bsod-0x0a-0x7f-has-occured-during-netflix-bf4.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

A:Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all, I have a dell xps 13 2015 touch screen. It started an insider build update on Windows 10 a week or two back and is still stuck on 80%, howner can i fix this? Please send help.

A:Windows 10 insider build update stuck on 80%

The Insider Previews aren't stable releases they are test builds... you shouldn't use them on a primary machine. If you need to recover files follow this guide:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/ 
You can download Windows 10 and clean install:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 
If you want to remain on the Insider Preview. Use the Insider Preview .iso:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995927
Relevancy 57.62%

Although its small and trivial, it bothers me a lot and it ruins the mood any wall paper puts out for me. How do i remove it?
http://i.imgur.com/d6d2kXA.png?1
(its at the bottom right)

A:Windows 8.1 Build XXXX stuck on desktop

That happens when your OS is not activated. You can confirm this by pressing Windows key+S and typing "PC Info". Select it. At the bottom of the information it will tell you something like "Windows is not Activated" or "Windows is Activated"

if it's not activated Microsoft wants you to provide the key to activate your OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58560-windows-8-1-build-xxxx-stuck-desktop.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'll cut right to the chase; I built my new computer and I'm installing Windows 7 for the first time. Its stuck on "Preparing your computer for first use".

Methods I've tried:
Startup Repair via Disk
Unplugging my disk driver
Resetting BIOS

Specs:
GTX 960
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
16 GB Ram DDR4 Hyperx Fury

This is very frustrating and I really wanna get this up before Spring Break ends ;~;
Thanks in advance!

(P.S - I'm a new scrubbo to these kind of stuffs so sorry for any inconvenience :-( )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393770-new-custom-build-windows-7-stuck-setup-preparing-you-computer.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Version Build is the one I am running I don't know what happened but it is just stuck there at I tried several solutions that I found on this forum and googling around but no success so far The main two that I tried several times were ---- ---- stopping the wuauserv by going into CMD as an administrator and running net stop wuauserv then deleting all the files in C Windows SoftwareDistribution then restarting the service and requesting the update again but still at even after leaving my computer on for a couple of days ----- ------- the second one was using the quot Update troubleshooter quot from windows which is linked both here and in the Microsoft Forums but that didn't do anything I tried to do both by doing slight variations during the process such 14372 update STUCK Build Version 10.0.14372 Windows AT 0% as stopping restarting the bits service after stopping restarting the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 wuauserv first method or restarting the computer before running the commands But no success yet I don't feel reinstalling windows and installing all my programs again since I am crunching hours trying to finish a project and the only reasons why I am desperate to fix this problem is because I am getting a warning saying that my PC will restart every few hours If I don't solve this issue You can see the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 screenshots below first image is the stuck at screenshot - second image is the warning from windows saying that my pc will restart every few hours

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64527-windows-update-stuck-0-version-10-0-14372-build-14372-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all Stuck build new with problem I Stuck with new build problem am trying to build my st system and seem to have gotten in Stuck with new build problem over my head Here is what I am putting together PCChips P G v Via Socket MicroATX Motherboard Audio AGP x Ethernet LAN USB Serial ATA RAID CNR Intel Celeron D GHz K Cache MHz FSB OEM Socket Processor Masscool W B M G Socket Intel Prescott Aluminum CPU Cooling Fan PNY Verto GeForce FX MB DDR PCI Dual VGA TV Out Video Card Seagate GB MB ATA- Retail Hard Drive Ultra MB PC DDR MHz CL Memory NEC Super-Multi AD- A x DVD R Burn x DVD R Read x DVD RW x DVD-R DL x DVD-RAM x x CD-R RW Black DVD Burner - OEM I had a case and power supply already from a system I had built earlier Anyway I assembled everything and tried to start the system to install Windows XP and couldn t get any power at all After reading through the forums I found that the MoBo was grounding to the case and of the connectors had to have a wire moved because this board only had pins So now I get power to the system but I can t get the system to turn on my monitor or to boot up from the floppy drive or the DVD drive Not sure where to go from here Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I have not been able to get any updated insider builds since 10565.

Keep checking Check For Update but it says "your device is up to date"

Any suggestions?

A:Stuck at 10565 build

Manually update to 10586 by downloading iso from ms, double clicking on it and running setup.exe. Then make sure you rejoin the Insider Program in update menus, and leave pc on for up to 48 hours

Note - do not clean install if you did not install windows 10 upgrading from a valid 7/8 licence, as it will not activate.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/38651-stuck-10565-build.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I was wondering if someone can walk me through the wiring A tad confusing for me I mean it s not like those - pins things which are impossible to mess up Its those wires that can fit either way I m a bit lost First this is the build What s been done so far Hardware wise everything is in the case Applying the thermal was easy The psu is plug in right video card is set the power supply for the processor is set it s everything else I m trying to go with a dual drive first one being a hdvd and the other a reg dvdrw I have several of the ribbon cables now sure how to connect them I mean it tells you how for one but for two drives The fans I m not sure how to connect same with the HDD What really annoying is the cables from the case they are purple black red not sure which way they go This is way the MSI manual has this is the mobo Now the stuck first Please on build. help. on wiring pc heatsink fan is kind of interesting Where do I plug it in to the motherboard It have three slots routed through a control knob stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help. I m keeping it on max which part of the mobo should I put the heatsink plug in to thanks nbsp

A:stuck on wiring on first pc build. Please help.

Sounds like the optical drives are IDE, so the one on the end will be master, the one in the middle slave and the other end of the ribbon goes to the mobo.

The case lights/ switches should be labeled with things like HD+, HD- PW-, PW+

It takes a little translating, but HD+ would be the positive lead for the HD activity lights on the case so pins 1 and 3 in figure JFP1. Power switch are pins 6 and 8... just make sure to get the + and - right on each set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-wiring-on-first-pc-build-please-help.929823/
Relevancy 48.59%

Title says it all, have not had issues with any previous builds; anyone else run into this or have a fix?

A:Build 10162 download stuck at 0%

Restart the WU service...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/7760-build-10162-download-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

A:Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62473-stuck-build-14393-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I've been using seven bit version for quite a while now 7077 Build login stuck @ screen! on my laptop MSI GX PX - amd turion x ati hd MB GB gigs of ram The first installation did the problem mentioned in the title of the topic after i installed Kerio personal firewall - i didn't know what to do so i just reinstalled windows But now it happened again The comp was running for days i turned it off around am then turned it on at am - for the first time i could login and i even see the taskbar and the background but the icons never showed i couldn't click anything on the taskbar either ctrl alt del did nothing so i had to restart it manually The login screen showed up i entered my password but it never made it to the desktop it just got stuck like that the HDD wasn't spinning or anything Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! - restart - in safe mode it boots up normally so i uninstalled a few recently installed Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! programs mkvtoolnix and alike but after restarting it got stuck at Build 7077 stuck @ login screen! the login screen again Now normally i would just reinstall windows but after two months it has too many programs - lot of time to install them again So i thought i'll ask here for help The notebook has XP as it's main OS seven is installed on a virtual harddrive gigs Thank's for any kind of help in advance

A:Build 7077 stuck @ login screen!

Hi there
I can't give you a reason as to the error but this might work.

Try starting Windows in SAFE MODE as you've done but disable Networking and then shutting down. This should clear out any "Stuck" services. Switch off Firewall and uninstall any AV software whilst in SAFE MODE.

Incidentally while you are logged on in save mode see what starts automatically and stop those you don't need -- there are posts around suggesting what you can stop running automatically.

When you try again in "Normal mode" start DISCONNECTED from any network and switch your wireless card off.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7559-build-7077-stuck-login-screen.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I downloaded the build 14965. When it download was finoshed then it says that error(in installation) but the downloaded file remains in my mobile in the Temporary File option. What can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445635-build-installation-stuck-downloading-start.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm a Insider member since Oct get all the builds till the official launch of Windows last July A few days before the official launch my Windows TP build had a boot problem and gave me a UEFI boot error since the Insider Program was locked and I can't get any Insider Preview build to work I had format my PC and install my Don't stuck 10240 Insider get Builds, build on Windows Pro and follow the upgrade path to Windows Reserve a copy wait for the update and install the Windows Pro and activate with my valid Windows Key no hassles there After success upgrade I went Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 to Security and Updates gt Windows Update gt Advanced Options and hit the Get Insider builds gt Get Started button restart my PC and check if Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240 Fast Ring was selected and it was Last month it came out Build and later on Build and I didn't receive any of those I tried to force the download by hitting constantly the Check update button on Windows Update but the only thing my Windows Update download is Windows Defender definitions So I tried the following in Advanced Option I hit the Stop receive preview builds restart PC and go there again I hit the button Get Preview Builds restart again and wait a few days no luck Since I don't had any luck there I post some questions in Microsoft Answers and report the problem a few days later receive some answers but none of the those answers worked out and one of them seems to me a bit stupid so the suggestions was - Uninstall any anti-virus don't have any so it really doesn't apply to me - Safe Boot with Network did that produce no effect what so ever - Selective Startup with all services stopped except Microsoft services same as above produced no effect still didn't get any update via Windows Update - Create a new Administrator account and run the Windows Update from the new account although might work I found this solution a bit awkward I mean I have to create a new account with Administrator privileges and then subscribe to Insider Preview Program with that account and then make all the process I did it no effects also bit I thought that was the dumbest solution ever - Drivers update - All my drivers are up to date some from the manufactures others from Microsoft no hardware problems so can't anything about that - Reset IP Address - Did that nothing happened - Windows Update as Trusted Sites - Did that nothing happened - Change DNS to and - Did that nothing happened So in total despair I contact Microsoft Answer Desk by Phone and after a few minutes trying to explain what is my problem I'm a portuguese from Portugal and ours Answer Desk is provided by Brazilians which don't quietly understand us - Brazilian Portuguese is quite different from European Portuguese the woman gave me this solution Re-install my Windows Pro and from there wait that Windows Update give me the Insider Preview update and if Windows Update tries to install regular Windows upgrade she said to stop the upgrade and differ that update and wait for the Insider Update I didn't make this yet because I'm hard to believe that will work I mean in Windows I will get the Windows Insider Preview as an update Last I checked I had to install Windows TP with an ISO and boot from that ISO to get started and the new Insider Preview program state that I only have to set Windows Update to Get the Preview Builds which I did from a Windows activated install which I have By the way my Windows is set to USA as location and has the display language set to US English I had also set a Portuguese keyboard setup set my region to Portugal and Proofing tools are setup to US English and Portuguese Portugal I'm stating this since if my display language is not supported by Insider Preview I don't receive any builds Portuguese currently not supported So please help me understand why I'm not getting the Insider builds and I'm still stuck in build Here is a screenshot of my Settings and my Insider Hu... Read more

A:Don't get Insider Builds, stuck on build 10240

Welcome to Ten Forums Ed
When I changed from slow to fast it took 4 days to update for me. Have you waited the four days?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/22803-dont-get-insider-builds-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, guys and gals!

I've been stuck with the bugs of this build for some time and it was annoying at first, but still bearable. Now I've been getting the expiration warning and that's a big problem for me. I don't know if there's a newer build for the slow ring or not, and my system can't find any newer build to update to. I can't change to the fast ring because that's one of the bugs of this build.... I don't want to wake up on the 1'st of October not being able use my PC.

Any idea on how I can solve this or any info on the new build for the slow ring?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64756-stuck-build-14905-slow-ring-expiration-soon.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few weeks ago MS Released build As I'm on the fast ring got and installed the build Then it released But installations would always fail It would show me the installation process and then restart as it usually would roll on cannot build update, back stuck 14901: cannot However after logging in I would see that I'm still on build A minute stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back later there would be a popup message saying that quot some updates were not installed select this message for more details quot None were given when I did I thought I'd just wait for the next build stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back that it was a problem with But now that the next build is out I still keep running into the same problem Unfortunately I cannot uninstall updates update history is empty nor can I roll back to the previous build through advanced startup quot there was a problem rolling back to your previous build try resetting this PC first quot I currently cannot afford to reset this PC is there another way

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62259-stuck-build-14901-cannot-update-cannot-roll-back.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi All,

I seem to be stuck on fast ring build 14352. Have checked a few things in the Registry and retried several times, but as yet, have seen nothing.

Any ideas?

The latest Insider Preview ISO that you can download seems to the build 14342 (via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced), and I don't really want to download the ESD from a russian site, but can't seem to find the correct MS site.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54091-stuck-14352-no-offer-new-iast-ring-build.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

A:Build 14332 upgrade stuck 'Preparing to install updates 100%'

I believe you are going to need more room.

Kill the current update attempt, reboot and try it again only skip the Updates part. See if that works.

Filling out your System Specs would be a help.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Also, how big is the SSD?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I am trying to get my PC to upgrade to insider build 14332. At the moment I am on build 14316.

I have sometimes seen build 14332 available in Settings/Update, but after trying to get this, the PC is now stuck with 'Preparing to install updates 100%' There is no $windows directory, though this may of got deleted when I cleaned up system files. There is about 6GB of free space on the SSD partition.

What can I do to get the upgrade to run?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49191-build-14332-upgrade-stuck-preparing-install-updates-100-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

it seem to have a problem with netflix app on Windows 8 I have 2 adapter Video Cards and AMD Radeon HD 7730M and onboard intel HD Graphics 4000 ..

When I update the Intel HD graphics netflix app Netflix Apps works in windows 8 but it disables my AMD Graphics HD I have called Netflix and in turn told me to Call MS.

So MS have escalated the call to tech support tier 3 ... Netflix works when I go via Browser no problem with both Graphics cards enabled, So MS is looking into the problem with compatibly issue with the graphics card and will call me 2morrow and see what they can do

A:Netflix App on Windows 8

are you saying that updating your Intel graphics driver causes the Netflix app to not work on your AMD graphics?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23015-netflix-app-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

When I try to watch Netflix in my browser it tells me to use the Windows 8 app. I can browse Netflix just fine but can't watch anything. I really hate the app and just want to use it online. Anyone else having this issue or know a way around it?

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey so im trying to watch the netflix app on my laptop, and it says that im getting an administrative error, I uninstalled netflix app, and re installed it and I still get the same error

error = W8156-80040154

anyone have an idea of how i can fix this?

A:Windows 8 - Netflix error?!?

Does it work just using your browser?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44905-windows-8-netflix-error.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Warning... Slightly technologically challenged here! Hahaha. Purchased a Lenovo Ideapad 100s recently for my daughter. Was told by the salesperson it was perfect for all she does on it- watch netflix. First day it worked perfectly. Streamed videos no problems. Now, whenever she tries to watch anything on Netflix either through the ap or browser the video seems to show a few scenes in like a flash sequence. It then either pauses on a scene or a black screen for a few seconds then resumes playing. Otherwise the playing is okay, a little jumpy but still watchable. The problem is when streaming on netflix this issue is happening at least every few minutes. The audio continues perfectly, even whilst the screen is either frozen or black. Watching videos, even ones in HD elsewhere i.e youtube work perfectly fine. Any ideas, hopefully relatively simple, that might help? Have tried uninstalling the netflix app. Thanks in advance 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614561/netflix-not-working-on-windows-10/
Relevancy 46.44%

How can I pin Netflix to Start (metro) in Windows 8 please. I thank you for your help.

A:How can I pin Netflix to Start in Windows 8 pls.

Hello Titi,

If you mean the website, then:

Internet Explorer 10 - Pin Website to Start in Windows 8

OR

Internet Explorer 11 - Pin Website to Start in Windows 8.1

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37861-how-can-i-pin-netflix-start-windows-8-pls.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Four long years ago I remember sitting in bed with an old non-touch laptop that I'd installed Windows on playing a game on the right half of the screen while watching something with the Netflix app on the left half of the screen Of course it was in tablet mode - Windows was ALL tablet mode Fast forward to today and I'm still the same guy wanting the same bedtime routine but now I have better You On know. WINDOWS. Netflix a in Window. stuff That old laptop is now a K Microsoft machine a Surface Pro built Netflix in a Window. You know. On WINDOWS. to run Windows better than anything before it Netflix in a Window. You know. On WINDOWS. It has touch a camera that recognizes my face and like times the screen resolution of that old laptop Windows has moved up three generations from to to to AU Even the Netflix app must have been updated a few times over the years not sure if it's a native W app yet or not though And yet I can't do what I did years ago In the time my son grew from not being able to walk to going to kindergarten I've lost basic functionality to have windows in Windows I loved the Windows tablet experience and I love having a convertible so of course I want tablet Netflix in a Window. You know. On WINDOWS. mode to be enabled seamlessly when I remove my keyboard or flip it around to the back But if I'm in tablet mode Netflix Won't Window Why not Am I the only one Obviously the resolution is there I can snap it to a half screen in desktop mode I can snap it to a QUARTER screen in desktop mode Is there a fix I'm missing that will make my rant look foolish I hope so In the last four years iOS and Android have both brought windowing to the table and it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the Netflix app windows on their PHONES for crying out loud much less their tablets and laptops PS - As if sensing dissension in the ranks I began typing this rant in Chrome on my SP moments after installing the latest fast track insider preview with no other apps running About halfway through typing it BSODed and booted to the UEFI screen Fantastic Retyped on the outdated-yet-more-reliable Thinkpad monolith issued by my work

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436822-netflix-window-you-know-windows.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, for the past 2 days the Netflix App for windows 8 has been acting up.
It started when the Store app kept crashing and suggested that I refresh my PC, Take note that netflix worked like a charm before this. So I refreshed my PC, set everything up and such, then I try to launch netflix. All is fine in the start, it starts to load, the dots spin in the circle, then they stop spinning for a few seconds staying in place, then they dissapear for a 1-8 seconds, then netflix will minimize, bringing me to my start menu, not even showing a error. I have tried re-installing it, seeing if windows was activated, Syncing it, checking for updates, updating all my other apps to see if it had something to do with that, downloading the most recent version of Silverlight, but it didnt work. Its getting really frustrating because I just want to watch my movies.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/30099-windows-8-netflix-app-problems.html
Relevancy 46.44%

OK for the last couple of days when I try to stream anything on netflix thriugh wmc I get an error saying authorization failure any ideas

A:netflix windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

Have you just been trying to use it in the last few days? Or was it working just previous, say earlier in the week?
I ask because I heard about two months or so ago that Netflix was no longer allowing it to be used through WMC because of DRM issues. Browser only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netflix-windows-7-ultimate-32-bit.1005124/
Relevancy 46.44%

Anyone else having issues with the Netflix app in Windows 10 Home? I upgraded my main desk top PC with Win 10 at the weekend and all went well. Today I installed the Netflix app from Windows Store and it won't load. It starts to open, then simply shuts down.

I tried downloading the app to my wifes laptop (which was upgraded earlier today) with exactly the same result, so presumably it's an app issue or more general Windows 10 issue. Any thoughts?

Cliff

A:Netflix App Won't run in Windows 10 Home

Same problem here. A window with the Netflix logo and loading animation shows up for a couple of seconds before it simply disappears. I've tried uninstalling the app and rebooting several times, but nothing seems to help. I want the Netflix app to work in order to get surround sound, so hopefully this will be fixed soon.

This thread seems to discuss a similar problem: Windows 10 - release version: Some apps won't launch - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/12748-netflix-app-wont-run-windows-10-home.html
Relevancy 46.01%

EDIT Should be aswRVRT sys Computer worked fine in the morning Then I turned it off later had windows update then when I came home in the afternoon to open my PC it just didnt work When I try to go to safe mode it just gets stuck at aswRVRT sys If it helps I already ran FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-FK MU P on - - Running from K Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run GamecomSound - C Program Files screen/ "starting stuck Boot menu on at Windows Windows" aswRVRT.exe stuck Plantronics GameCom Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe GameCom exe - - HKLM Run AdobeAAMUpdater- - C Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA updaterstartuputility exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run MSC - C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run MsmqIntCert - regsvr s mqrt dll HKLM Run Nvtmru - C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core NvTmru exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run UMonit - C Windows SysWOW UMonit exe - - HKLM Run RTHDVCPL - C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM Run ShadowPlay - C windows system rundll exe C windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run IAStorIcon - C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run jmekey - C Program Files x jmesoft hotkey exe - - JME HKLM-x Run ModeSwitch - C Program Files Lenovo Power Dial LitModeSwitch exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run CLMLServer - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go CLMLSvc exe - - CyberLink HKLM-x Run UpdateP GoShortCut - C Program Files x Lenovo Power Go MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run IdeaNotesUser - C Program Files x DDNI Lenovo Idea Notes DDNIMSGUser exe - - Digital Delivery Networks Inc HKLM-x Run SetDefaultSCR - C Program Files x Lenovo Lenovo Screensaver SetDefaultSCR exe - - Lenovo HKLM-x Run avast - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKLM-x Run APSDaemon - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run iTunesHelper - C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe - - Apple Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run KeePass PreLoad - C Program Files x KeePass Password Safe KeePass exe - - Dominik Reichl HKLM-x Run Aeria Ignite - C Program Files x Aeria Games Ignite aeriaignite exe - - Aeria Games amp Entertainment HKLM-x Run ROCCAT Savu Gaming Mouse - C Program Files x ROCCAT Savu Mouse Savu Monitor exe - - ROCCAT GmbH HKLM-x Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui - C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe - - LogMeIn Inc HKLM-x Run BCSSync - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office BCSSync exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKLM-x Run kxesc - c program files x kingsoft kingsoft antiviruskxetray exe -autorun HKU Default RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Default User RunOnce WLStart - C Program Files x Windows Live Installer wlstart exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKU Krystal Run GoogleDriveSync - C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe - - Google HKU Krystal Run S... Read more

A:Windows stuck on "starting Windows" screen/ Boot menu stuck at aswRVRT.exe

Anyone please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512763/windows-stuck-on-starting-windows-screen-boot-menu-stuck-at-aswrvrtexe/
Relevancy 45.58%

I discovered today 10/1/2015 that after updating the Netflix app via the Windows Store the Stream Manager function now crashed the app. When viewing a Netflix video, and opening the Steam Manager (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+S), when you attempt to set a manual stream rate of any value the app immediately crashes. I reported this to Netflix and they have confirmed the issue. It is a bug in the latest Netflix app update. Note that the browser Stream Manager does not crash, but the browser does not provide the Dolby Digital 5.1 sound that the app does. So recommend not updating the app since it is buggy.

And of course Netflix only says "check for an update to the app to get a fix." Typical.

A:Windows Store Netflix App New Issue

Same problem to me. Have u solved it?

Many thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/24792-windows-store-netflix-app-new-issue.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I have been trying to access my Netflix account from Windows Media Center and I know that the Netflix tile is supposed to appear to the left of the quot Recorded Video quot tile however it does not show up and I have been unsuccessful in all of my attempts See below Note that all other features of Windows Media Center work fine Before I begin let me tell you all about my system - Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate x Service Pack Completely up to date with Windows Update- - Intel Celeron processor Ghz w Gb RAM - Mainboard Asus P S -VM- Graphics ATI Radeon SeriesWhat I have tried so far The Netflix tile not appearing in Windows Media Center is actually a common problem according to this Microsoft Support page In which I tried all of the possible options it listed to fix all unsuccessful I have also attempted everything listed here in a Microsoft Support forum Note This is only for Netflix in Windows Netflix Center Windows in Media Media Center I am able to watch Netflix using a web browser just fine so I know Silverlight is working right After waiting a few Netflix in Windows Media Center days numerous reboots and attempts at the above I am at wits end with this Does anyone have any advice Thanks in advance --Chris

A:Netflix in Windows Media Center

@ hamluis:

I considered placing this topic in the Audio Video forum, however according to Microsoft(the first link in my post) this is a known problem with Windows Vista ONLY. So I found it necessary to add the topic to the Windows Vista forum.
Anyway, thanks for the correction.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385445/netflix-in-windows-media-center/
Relevancy 45.58%

It seems a little silly to come here for help on this but I'm having an issue watching movies on Netflix since I got Netflix Windows screens.... and lock a new Windows PC I can watch them no problem but after an hour or so I've not actually timed it yet it goes to the lockscreen because of quot inactivity quot I've scoured the web and done the 'fixes' to disable the lockscreen and to edit the Netflix and Windows lock screens.... delay for it to kick in but neither option has helped According to the sites I've been on disabling the lock is only for the timeout period to turn off the display when you have Netflix and Windows lock screens.... already locked the computer and that is not the issue for me What I have done is to enable the option to display the console lock and I have set it to minutes hoping that would mean never since quot never quot is not an option didn't work I set it to minutes hoping for a time frame just for giggles and it still cut off after the hour or so into a movie Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am disabled and spend a great deal of time watching movies from my bed Thanks in advance for any help Apologies if this is in the wrong section BB

A:Netflix and Windows lock screens....

Hello and welcome!

I believe I've heard of this issue before with the Netflix app. Nothing else in Windows will cause it to go the lock screen?

If I remember correctly, I think this could be a bug with the app itself...

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16978-netflix-windows-lock-screens.html
Relevancy 45.58%

first of all Hello and I must tell you that i'm not writing english very well.

Processor intel I7 4790
Motherboard Guaard -pro 97M
windows prof 8.1 N
ethernet connection 60-12
Movie theator Cambridg 751 R2

My problem: I downloaded the Netflix app from the windows store. wow it's beautiful but don't work correctly.

I try by example tp watch House of Cards in dolby 5.1 because it's available . Result: no sound and a 1 to 2 frame slowly motion

If I watch the same item in stereo, it works very well. I don't have this problem running a movie on XBMC -Kodi.

Someone could tell me what is the problem and find a solution

thank very much
Pierre

A:Windows 8.1 Netflix app plays only in stereo

I don't use any app just log in using browser and watch. Don't know if it's any help but why use an app?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/64100-windows-8-1-netflix-app-plays-only-stereo.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I can login ok, I can browse the films available but can not read any of them. I tried with Firefox and Chrome with the same result. Netflix referred me to microsoft and wash their hand of this. I have the same prob. on my laptop also running on build 9926, but it is working fine on my old Vista desktop. Every thing has been working fine till 17:00 approx. today. If any body has a suggestion or fix I would appreciate.

A:Does anybody has prob. with Netflix with Windows 10 since this afternoon. ?

It looks like it's a known issue. http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...y-youtube.html http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...flix-ie11.html

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/339185-does-anybody-has-prob-netflix-windows-10-since-afternoon.html
Relevancy 45.58%

When ever I am trying to watch a movie on my computer I have have to turn the volume down on my bass speaker as the Volume mixer nor the application volume work.

All help appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/69631-windows-8-netflix-app-cant-change-volume.html
Relevancy 45.58%

It seems a little silly to come here for help on this but I'm having an issue watching movies on Netflix since I got a new Windows PC I can watch them no problem but after an hour or so I've not actually timed it yet it goes to the lockscreen because of quot inactivity quot I've scoured screens.... Windows Netflix and lock the web and done the 'fixes' to disable the lockscreen and to edit the delay for it to Netflix and Windows lock screens.... kick in but neither option has helped According to the sites I've been on disabling the lock is only for the timeout period to turn off the display when you have already locked the computer and that is not the issue for me What Netflix and Windows lock screens.... I have done is to enable the option to display the Netflix and Windows lock screens.... console lock and I have set it to minutes hoping that would mean never since quot never quot is not an option didn't work I set it to minutes hoping for a time frame just for giggles and it still cut off after the hour or so into a movie Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am disabled and spend a great deal of time watching movies from my bed Thanks in advance for any help Apologies if this is in the wrong section BB

A:Netflix and Windows lock screens....

Hello and welcome!

I believe I've heard of this issue before with the Netflix app. Nothing else in Windows will cause it to go the lock screen?

If I remember correctly, I think this could be a bug with the app itself...

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16978-netflix-windows-lock-screens.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My Windows Surface Pro 3 will not connect to Netflix through the browser and it will not open through the apps. I am not sure what is wrong with it. I used to be able to without any problems.. but now I can't. It is very frustrating!!

A:Windows Surface Pro 3 will not connect to Netflix

Thanks for letting us know. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/windows-surface-pro-3-will-not-connect-to-netflix-/720.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I've got another PC problem I am running Win Utlimate bit on my Shuttle xPC The specs are below Shuttle XPC Barebone GB DDR Ram Randomly Restarts Netflix Windows When 7 Using Nvidia GeForce GT Video Card has an S-video port so I can plug it into the TV GB Seagate HDD AMD Athlon X Originally I had Windows 7 Restarts Randomly When Using Netflix Windows Ultimate bit on the computer but I kept getting BSOD's random restarts when trying to watch Netflix I diagnosed the BSOD's and found that they were caused by my TV tuner driver When I removed the driver I didn't get another BSOD but the random restarts continued Since the drivers are mainly for bit systems I decided to reinstall Windows bit to see if that would fix the issue Alas no The TV tuner driver works and I don't get any blue screens but when I try to watch Netflix the computer still restarts randomly I checked event viewer for anything but no errors were present or none were related to the crash The issue seems to only happen with Netflix because I tried watching videos from other websites for hours and nothing happened The restarts are erratic Sometimes they happen only minutes into watching or something Sometimes it takes a few hours No mini dump files are made after the PC restarts It just goes black and boots through the POST again Side note I don't know why but there's something wrong with the boot animation on the computer For some reason when windows is booting up the vista loading bar is there instead of the win glowing logo Reinstalling windows didn't change it back to normal it was still the vista bar even when booting from the CD I don't know what changed it to the vista boot because it used to be the windows version and I've never put vista on this computer Solved this It was because of the pc being plugged into the tv Boot resolution was below x I'm at a bit of a loss here Any help or info would be deeply appreciated Please let me know if I need to give more details

A:Windows 7 Restarts Randomly When Using Netflix

It may still be a driver issue. If you are willing to try to create some minidump files for me to debug you can use this method
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
(Please read all instructions for driver verifier before using as it's possible it will make the machine behave badly and you need to know how to undo it.)

Or you could look there now, if there is anything in c:\windows\minidump please zip and upload them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175912-windows-7-restarts-randomly-when-using-netflix.html
Relevancy 45.58%

tl dr I am using the Netflix app from Windows store The app works fine on my laptop however when i connect the laptop to the TV via HDMI and play want to watch a video on the TV i get black screen on the video with the menu audio and subtitle still working fine But when i drag netflix app back to the laptop the video is back again No error code either Any idea on how to fix or troubleshoot this further Im running out of idea now More details I tried this these things so far which did not work - Re-installed Netflix from Windows store - A new k HDMI cable to make Windows wth from Netflix App Problem store sure HDCP handshake is okay Problem wth Netflix App from Windows store - Installed newest and old nvidia video driver - Connected laptop to another TV - Microsoft Edge browser The only way i can watch Netflix now on my TV using the laptop is using Chrome or Firefox which has horrible quality MS Edge doesn't work either I updated windows just couple days so i also suspect that may a reason but i used to get black screen sometimes before that too but it used to work again after restarting the pc another day But now nothing seems to work Only thing i can think of now is too reinstall windows or roll back on windows updates which i dont really want to do

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65997-problem-wth-netflix-app-windows-store.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Anybody know anything about this? I installed the app and it simply won't launch. I keep getting this error with the text "can't communicate with Netflix, try again later."

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app to no avail.

Notes: I originally tried to install the app with using a global Windows login. Have since changed from a local account. Still same problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/38321-windows-store-app-netflix-error-h1-wi.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Since upping to Windows 8, can't log into Netflix account in Firefox, IE, Chrome, or Opera. Get totally red screen. Add-on bar (in FF, for example) shows connection activity and then "Done." Checked firewall, HOSTS file, and AV for blocked sites, but this one apparently not blocked. Everything works in Windows 7.

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Thanks,
Steve

A:Netflix login problem, all browsers, windows 8

This has nothing to do with NetFlix player app. I don't do streaming.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/15444-netflix-login-problem-all-browsers-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everyone I installed Windows -bit on my old computer and hooked it up to my TV to use as a media center PC Everything has been going great drivers wireless etc except whenever I try to watch Netflix Watch Instantly content the main purpose of having the computer Instant... I Netflix watch BSOD'ing 64-bit whenever Windows 7 after about - minutes the computer BSOD's I've tried monitoring temps with SpeedFan running Windows 7 64-bit BSOD'ing whenever I watch Netflix Instant... MemTest running hard disk checks reinstalling some drivers and using different browsers but none of that has helped I uploaded the many many crash report Minidump files here https skydrive live com redir aspx A BC EA Would someone who knows how to do analyze them mind taking a bit of time to try to diagnose the problem I really like Windows but if I can't get it to run stable for Netflix W I the computer would be rendered essentially useless and I'd have to try installing Ubuntu or some other linuxy OS which I really don't want to do Any and all help would be greatly appreciated Thank you -Matt PS - I know there are a couple of other diagnostics that are suggested in the 'forum rules' and I will try to run them ASAP when I have access to the computer Thanks

A:Windows 7 64-bit BSOD'ing whenever I watch Netflix Instant...

Quote: Originally Posted by likearock111

Hi everyone,

I installed Windows 7 64-bit on my old computer and hooked it up to my TV to use as a media center PC. Everything has been going great (drivers, wireless, etc.), except whenever I try to watch Netflix Watch Instantly content (the main purpose of having the computer), after about 10-20 minutes, the computer BSOD's. I've tried monitoring temps with SpeedFan, running MemTest, running hard disk checks, reinstalling some drivers, and using different browsers, but none of that has helped.

I uploaded the many many crash report Minidump files here:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=5af9485a2bc6ea21&resid=5AF9485A2BC6EA21!103

Would someone who knows how to do analyze them mind taking a bit of time to try to diagnose the problem? I really like Windows 7, but if I can't get it to run stable for Netflix W.I., the computer would be rendered essentially useless, and I'd have to try installing Ubuntu or some other linuxy OS, which I really don't want to do...

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

-Matt

PS - I know there are a couple of other diagnostics that are suggested in the 'forum rules', and I will try to run them ASAP when I have access to the computer. Thanks!

The majority of these are Related to netr28ux.sys 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver from Ralink Technology Corp. Yours is 2+ years old.

I would re-install using the newest available version.

There are other causes but lets deal with the most frequent first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179881-windows-7-64-bit-bsoding-whenever-i-watch-netflix-instant.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 8 makes a three tone sound and netflix pauses.

I suspect it also crashes my games when it says it.

I have tried replacing my RAM, but it still does it.

I have never had BSOD and windows does not stall or crash in any way.

I reinstalled from windows 7 to windows 8 about a week ago. Windows 7 worked fine.

Hope you can help! Tell me if you need more info.

A:Windows 8 makes a sound and pauses netflix.

hi, i would make sure i have the latest video device drivers for win8 installed ,check you computer manufactures web site support and drivers section for latest drivers for win8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/22446-windows-8-makes-sound-pauses-netflix.html
Relevancy 45.15%

iI searched first on install problems with Netflix on Windows but all the threads were old and I was told suggested to open a new thread I purchased a Lenovo Yoga recently and have been enjoying it Still getting to get over the hump learning Windows I have two Windows machines which I am comfortable with but still honestly being a programmer I still LOVED Windows XP When I try to install the Netflix APP got the latest from Windows App site the first popup asks me for my Windows email account I do not have one I use Outlook gmail yahoo But even so there are no options on that pop up except to close Then the Netflix app install windows says working That goes on and on I have left it like that over night and it still never does the install Is there any trick to 10 Windows Yoga on with a Netflix 900 Installing Lenovo installing the Netflix app on Windows Right now the only way I can use Netflix is to bring up my browser and starting it that way

A:Installing Netflix on a Lenovo Yoga 900 with Windows 10

How about install Netflix online ?

Open your browser, search for Netflix > enter your email address and password etc etc.

That was what I did..... install Netflix on line instead of Windows Store.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/44292-installing-netflix-lenovo-yoga-900-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Microsoft does not host the required plugin installer for Netflix I had to go offsite for it SUPPOSEDLY installing the plugin magically makes the Netflix tile appear in some unspecified visible portion of WMC I could find no Netflix tile ANYWHERE either before or after installing the plugin I posted this question before but for some unexplained reason my content was virtually instantly deleted My ISP is experiencing broadband service interference Netflix Center Windows Impossible Media In 7 age-related equipment failures have been plaguing the service area for the last two months that prevents streaming Netflix in a browser but allows it in other applications My quot real quot computer is in the shop for warranty service and Windows Media Center does not appear to be able to do what experts SAY it can do Frankly I've found the application totally useless This is the only thing I've been interested in utilizing WMC for having been singularly unimpressed with it since it was first rolled out years ago the earliest version froze the operating system every time it was launched

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a338e83-fc83-4114-ae2f-186a2ddcfab9/netflix-impossible-in-windows-media-center-7?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 45.15%

Having a problem with netflix This is happening with computers running windows different specs with fresh install I go to netflix on regular computer through media center and it lets me in no problem I select my movie and when I try to play the movie it goes to a screen that says quot this program could not display the webpage quot and it looks like an explorer window When I try it on the second computer i log in and it lets me select the movie but when I hit play it tells me that I need to log in and I enter my user name and password then it goes all black like if its about to stream but then I get the same error message I have included a screen shot of what it looks like I talked to netflix customer support and they pointed the finger at microsoft They were no help at all If anyone has any insight on this please let me know Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future

A:why my windows mobile 10 build has transformed to an insider preview build

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Yesterday i updated my phone to wat supposed to be anniversary update .i was surprised that my windows build had vecome an insider preview build which in the past i downgraded my phone to version 8.1 then updated to windows 10 original to get away from the insider version..my question is why ot came back and how to prevent it from coming back in the future Go to settings - Info and check build version.
Annyversary Update is nothing else than Redstone that became official and replacing old Threshold, read the news ;)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436478-why-my-windows-mobile-10-build-has-transformed-insider-preview-build.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My current system was upgraded to windows 7 32bit from vista 32bit (I bought the windows 7 home premium upgrade disc when it was first released). I am going to build a complete new system. Can I install windows 7 64bit from the same windows 7 disc? Or do I have to buy a new windows 7 disc? Is there a way around buying a whole new disc?

A:Solved: New computer build work with old build's Windows 7 Disc?

It won't activate and you will end up in Safe Mode permanently. One machne = one license. You need to buy another full version. But you can do it if you don't use 7 on the old machine. You will just have to activate by phone and explain. Then if you go online with both, one will deactivate and go to Safe Mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-computer-build-work-with-old-builds-windows-7-disc.1005746/
Relevancy 44.72%

Symptom:
Netflix movie thumbnails (including their links) don't show up. There's one "dash" per row in their place that turns into finger on mouseover but doesn't do anything.
However you still see the arrow navigation controls with "page indicator".
Works on Chrome.

Failed attempts to solve problem:
Uninstalled and reinstalled IE 11 and Silverlight (does it still use this?)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/402698-netflix-doesnt-work-windows-7-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have windows media center running as my HTPC and have installed the WMC netflix app. However the app runs with limited functionality. It only loads a small number of my instant queue, wont give me options to add movies to my queue when I select a movie, it doesn't display episodes in a series, plus a few other things.

I have two other windows 8 machines with WMC+netflix installed and they both work just fine with all the normal abilities. I have uninstalled the wmc netflix app and re-installed but it didn't help. This is especially annoying as the bug is occurring on my main HTPC.

Any help is appreciated!

A:windows media center 8 netflix app function limited

did you try reinstalling WMC and reconfiguring its settings? are your security settings and software different between the machines?

also, did you try out the Modern Netflix app? it has a lot of functionality that the WMC version or the web browser version don't have.

AnandTech | Getting the Best out of an Ivy Bridge HTPC: Windows 8, madVR and More..

However, the aspect which stands out immediately is the fact that the video playback bitrate can go as high as 3.85 Mbps. Audio still remains at a lowly 64 kbps. Hopefully, a future update to the Netflix app can provide us with the soundtracks available on specialized media streamers.

The graph presents some very interesting results. With Windows 8, the system consumes much less power and the stream is also of higher quality. GPU acceleration in the app makes the streaming more than 30% efficient when compared to the Silverlight version. Compared to Windows 7 Silverlight, the Netflix app is efficient by approximately 35%. Windows 8, by itself, seems to consume less power too. Considering these results, if Netflix forms any part of your HTPC usage scenario, it is a no-brainer to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8.

with the Modern app, you get subtitles and alternate audio on select titles or 5.1 Surround Sound if the title has it as well as up to 1080P video. Also, the Modern version supports the highest bitrates that Netflix offers and offers the new Super HD streaming (in a limited number of markets though).

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23327-windows-media-center-8-netflix-app-function-limited.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have the released version of Windows 7 I received for attending a Windows 7 developer conference this week. I installed it on my laptop and like what I see so far. The one exception is that the Netflix plugin does not show up in media center as it does with Vista. I have read all the posts in this forum having to do with Netflix and what I gather is that it is coming soon. Any idea of when it will be available? Also, like others, I would love to see a Hulu plugin integrated into Windows 7 media center.Thanks,bweiler

A:Windows 7 Media Center Netflix and Hulu plugins

I don't think the Netflix plugging is going to be available till around the offical release date for Win7 which is October 22nd.  As for Hulu you might want to try Hulu desktop and using Media Center Studio http://www.adventmediacenter.com/ to intergrate it into you MC's start page.  It's not a perfect solution as it minimize's MC and puts Hulu desktop to full screen, but its better then nothing.Von Roch

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0bfe7ef7-4ec4-42c2-ab98-83a8d94c95bd/windows-7-media-center-netflix-and-hulu-plugins?forum=w7itpromedia
Relevancy 44.72%

No matter what I do,i can't seem to get the Netflix app to install from the windows store.

I am using a new pendo pad and I have tried factory resetting,running the Microsoft windows store troubleshooter can anyone help me?

A:Error 0x80070057 installing netflix app windows 8.1 tablet

Have you Tried Clearing the Cache of windows store?

Do this : Search for "Wsreset" , Right click the result and run as administrator.

Also try and change your Network. I mean if you are using LAN connection then get connected to your friend's wifi and see if this solves the issue..

More Info on how to solve the issue can be found here > Error Code 0x80070057 - Causes and Methods to fix it | Fix Errors

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69762-error-0x80070057-installing-netflix-app-windows-8-1-tablet.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am trying to install Windows Build from Windows Build I Install Windows 10586 10 Build Build 10240 From have just received the Windows Update Assistant popup telling me I'm not running the latest version of Windows I have it downloaded but it will not install The computer check Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 said my computer is good to go Asus AllInOne Model ET I've tried several times and each time it reaches the computer restarts and then it goes into quot reinstalling your previous version quot and I'm back to Build I know there are other people with the same problem but no solution One website said to delete quot Windows old folder as that may be a problem using Disk Cleanup but it doesn't show up on my Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 computer under quot Clean Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240 up system files Previous Windows installations There is a quot Windows old quot folder on my C drive but it is full of empty folders I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and delete it There is also a new folder called Windows Upgrade with files in it Hope someone can help thank you

A:Install Windows 10 Build 10586 From Build 10240

Do you have the Razer Synapse software installed? That seems to have been what's caused it for me. Unfortunately I seem no longer to be able to trigger the update, darn it, as Windows now feels it has updated and all's fine (it hasn't).
uninstall the Razer software and try again. Hopefully it hasn't messed you up completely.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/433934-install-windows-10-build-10586-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 44.29%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 44.29%

As the title I just can't seem to get rid of them and they move from side to side ever so slightly. I don't have the problem on my Windows 7 machine. I've a AMD R7 video card if that is any help.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/46139-videos-have-black-bars-windows-10-flash-netflix-side.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y P and I use Microsoft Windows Professional with Media Hulu, Windows Center Media Next Issue Netflix, and fail Center Update bit Recently I've been having problems with the Netflix Hulu and Next Issue modern UI apps that I downloaded from the Windows Store I can launch the apps but it won't allow me to log into my accounts Netflix, Hulu, Next Issue and Windows Media Center fail so that I can view my content I pay for these subscriptions along with others Windows Media Center won't allow me to install the Netflix app and it crashes every time I try to install it I am very computer savvy but I have to admit that I need help on these issues When I launch the Netflix app it keeps spinning the circle and I never get to view my content When I launch the Hulu app it exits with a DJ error code When I try to log into my Next Issue app it says invalid login credentials I have contacted Netflix and Next Issue for technical support but they can't help me Official technical support seems worthless right now I've synchronized my licenses uninstalled and re-installed the apps and I've used the official Microsoft App troubleshooter If you need more information from me then tell me what you need and I'll be able to furnish the technical information Also the nVidia Geforce Experience software application keeps crashing on me Several days ago everything was working just fine The most recent system change I did was to try to install the MB optional Microsoft update KB which failed I'm not sure if this caused my problems but it's the last thing that I remember doing on a system level Can you guys help me to get my apps to work Thank you

A:Netflix, Hulu, Next Issue and Windows Media Center fail

I've done a SFC /scannow and DISM check, scan, and restore health and it made some repairs and I restarted my PC. It did not solve my problems. I also ran the Microsoft app checker and it said that my Windows Store is corrupted and my graphics driver needs to be updated, but I need more technical support in order to figure out how to fix these issues.

I'm at a loss right now in terms of available options. Please help if you can. I don't want to have to perform a full system recovery back to the factory default configuration if it can be avoided. However, I will consider doing so as a last ditch option.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57993-netflix-hulu-next-issue-windows-media-center-fail.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have 2 questions:
1. Why Microsoft's Netflix App for Windows 10, DOES NOT accept basic commands from their own Microsoft Media Center Remote Control like for example PLAY, PAUSE, FF, etc..?
2. Why Microsoft's Netflix App for Windows 10, DOES NOT support 4K streaming.
I have a super fast computer with a 4K monitor and an Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU.
I could watch Netflix 4K content on my 30" 4K PC Monitor....
Could someone tell Microsoft that they are super outdated....? What the heck are these guys doing. I regret I did not buy an iMac.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437567-netflix-windows-10-application-does-not-support-microsoft-media-center-remote.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Netflix logo appeared in Windows Media Center probably after Vista Ultimate SP update Netflix Center Film Media Windows to Atempting Play When Crashes a Windows Media Center Crashes When Atempting to Play Netflix Film while ago Was able to watch films from Netflix via WMC and remote contol on computer Then it just stopped playing via WMC Netflix is still there my login film queue etc When I choose a film to stream to WMC click PLAY Media Center crashes and sometimes restarts or I get a solution from Microsoft that is not relevant Microsoft attempted a fix remotely for days but made things worse which I Windows Media Center Crashes When Atempting to Play Netflix Film had to remedy with little experience Experts No problem playing via Silverlight online I know this may be an issue between Netflix and Microsoft or an Autoupdate Also heard about a registry string having too many characters relating to WMC Not proficient to go into registry and have a look even if I back up first Don t really know what to look for in registry If anyone here can help would really appreciate it Thanks in advance Prof TC ret USA nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-center-crashes-when-atempting-to-play-netflix-film.880384/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,
After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file

Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.

A:Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
Installation will begin.
No product key is required.
Activation will be automatic.

Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/46396-windows-10-build-insider-build-14295-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Windows 7 has reached RTM builds
and there will be several candidate builds in RTM.

first candidate build of RTM is build 7260.

6.1.7260.0.win7_rtm.090612-2110 - RTM branch build

compiled on 12 june.

You may ask why the first assembly win7_rtm has already been collected on 12 June not 15 June. There are several working groups involved in the process of assembling win 7 RTM build and will be assessing the quality of assemblies. Once the assembly is collected and its quality is confirmed, only then they put to the vote.

you may take time to understand all of these steps and procedures, so only the assembly from June 12 and June 15, attained the status of the real candidates for the final RTM release.

Edit :Link Removed.
but im not sure in news thread we quote links but not allowed in discussion threads
any reason for that!!!

A:Windows 7 Build 7260 (first candidate build of RTM)

Airbot pls do your job

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/13378-windows-7-build-7260-first-candidate-build-rtm.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Microsoft released Windows for PCs build today the first Insider Preview build since the Anniversary Update was launched last Tuesday The company noted that it might take a few hours for the build to show for everyone As promised earlier this week there s not a the Here's for new Redstone first in PCs 14901, Windows 10 build build 2 what's lot that s new There are just two known issues Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build and one new feature Here s what s new Improving Product Education As part of an effort to explore new ways of educating our customers on features in Windows we are testing out new notifications within File Explorer They re designed to help customers by providing quick easy information about things they can do or new features they can try to have a better experience with Windows If you want to opt out of these notifications you can do so by unchecking Show sync provider notifications from the Options menu in the File Explorer View tab Dona Sarkar head of the Windows Insider Program took the time to mention Windows Mobile which was the one version of Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Windows that didn t get an Anniversary Here's what's new in Windows 10 for PCs build 14901, the first Redstone 2 build Update last week She said that the team is quot laser-focused quot on getting the AU to Mobile and she thinks that they re almost ready According to Dona you can help by installing build on your phone and submitting feedback nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/heres-whats-new-in-windows-10-for-pcs-build-14901-the-first-redstone-2-build.62327/
Relevancy 43%

hey guys im not sure if this is actually a problem with vista or my pc so if im wrong feel free to move this thread so im having lately problems with my pc vista i donu i leave my pc alone for a few minutes and when i get back its Frozen i see whatever was on the screen the moment it gut stuck and i cant move the mouse and the LED at the Front of the PC the one thats on when the computer is quot thinking quot is Switched ON and stays that Stuck, Stuck windows Gets 7 install and Vista on way this started happening a few weeks ago i dont think i installed anything new that might have caused this and one other thing im almost sure its related i tried installing the beta version of windows and in middle of installation it gets stuck the same way i described before i tried different versions of the Windows and a few times each and it gets stuck every time and each time in different progress of the installation please help me thanks MeydanB

A:Vista Gets Stuck, and Stuck on windows 7 install

I'd suggest starting with running a memory test ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial146.html ); then following that with a bootable hard drive diagnostic:

Here's a description from my blog:

Code:
What you'll need:
- a blank CD
- a computer with an internet connection where you can download a file, install a small program, and burn a CD (doesn't have to be the computer that you'll be testing).

1. Determine the make and model of your hard drive

- In Windows XP - Go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there)

- In Windows VISTA - Go to Start...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Click on the + sign next to Disk Drives and use Google to search the information listed there

- From outside of Windows: Unplug the system from the wall, remove the battery (if it's a laptop) and crack the case open. Look inside to locate the hard drive and write down the make and model number (although the model number isn't required for the test, it will help you to identify what sort of drive to replace if the test says that the drive is bad).

If you're unable to see the hard drive info, follow the steps below for the Hitachi DFT. At the screen where it asks you if the list is correct, the model number of your drive will be there. Use Google to search for the model and that will let you know the manufacturer.

NOTE: It's strongly recommended that you use the test from the manufacturer of your hard drive. Most manufacturers build in tests that are only for their drives (in addition to the standard S.M.A.R.T. tests) - so using their test will give more accurate results.

2. Locate the support website of the hard drive manufacturer from the following list and download the appropriate file to your computer. FWIW - the first link for each drive usually contains more information/instructions about running the test.

Hitachi - http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#DFT Download this image for CD's: http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/downloads/dft32_v415_b01.iso

Western Digital - http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?level1=6&lang=en Download the Diag504fCD.iso file on this page: http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=601&sid=30&lang=en

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools Download the Seatools for DOS ISO CD-ROM Image from this link: http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads/seatools/seatooldreg (English version here: http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOS213bEURO.ISO )

Maxtor - Seagate SeaTools has replaced the Maxtor diagnostics. Use the Seagate SeaTools links above.

Toshiba - I'm unable to locate any tools for Toshiba. I'd suggest the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Fujitsu - http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/storage/hdd/support/utilities.html Download the DOS Diagnostic Tool Ver. 7.0 (For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives from this link: http://www.fujitsu.com/downloads/COMP/fcpa/hdd/utilities/fjdt_700.zip You'll have to copy the file to a DOS boot CD and manually execute the FJDT.exe file once you've booted to DOS. If this is too difficult, use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) from above.

Samsung - http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html Download the Hutil 210 ISO (for CD-ROM drive).zip from here: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/Hutil210_iso_for_CDROM_drive.zip You must unzip the file before you can burn (NOT copy) the ISO image to a CD.

IBM - IBM has merged with Hitachi. Use the Hitachi DFT (Drive Fitness Test) listed above.

3. If you do not have a disk burning program that's capable of burning ISO images to your CD drive, I suggest this free tool: http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm Select the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-gets-stuck-and-stuck-on-windows-7-install-371589.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 42.57%

hi guys,
im on build 14926 on fast ring on the SP3, I know there is a new build to download but my pc doesn't download it even though it says "downloading"
UPDATE: I fixed it somehow

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441159-fast-ring-build-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I am watching Netflix on my PS on my LG HDTV not sure the model but it was purchased brand new in it was like PS3 Netflix bucks and everyone once in a while It flickers or flashes black for a quick second and then goes back Netflix PS3 to normal It almost sounds like a power surge but it s not because nothing else is affected and it s only happening during Netflix or at least it hasn t happened during anything else like playing games and what not Also it never happened when watching Netflix on my PS on a SDTV It only started happening on the HDTV Netflix PS3 Also I am running on wireless and when I had it on my SDTV it was running through Ethernet Netflix PS3 Too I am just in the next room over and get excellent signal on my PS it showed or MBPS Download and mbps upload and when I was wired it was like mbps DL and maybe mbps upload so it still has good speed connection So why does it flicker every once in a while for just a second and then go back to normal so what could be making it flicker flash like this Thanks nbsp

A:Netflix PS3

I assume you are watching HD streams on the HD TV AND you are now using wireless. In which case, your bandwidth has increased, and your capacity/reliability has decreased. I'd suspect you are simply seeing an issue with your wireless.

With the PS3 on the HDTV, use a wired connection and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netflix-ps3.1045820/
Relevancy 37.41%

I got a new samsung k tv recently this year with Netflix? builtin netflix And I have a sony dvd player with builtin netflix So its not a must And I don't travel much But I am on the th to visit my sister I have a SAMSUNG NPRV- -A US I got in for plus tax Still great after years Netflix? But I noticed netflix was Netflix? very choppy Its only dual core x and AMD RADEON HD Plus gb ram Came with gb and I added more It is an AMD-E If I lower the netflix settings watching from browser to p it is fine and no issues But not sure if I can live with p or versus p it makes a huge difference And I have no builtin bluetooth in this laptop So no good I mean there are dongles but I keep loosing those as they are so small E 's cam out ish and are really old now Dell Inspiron quot Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i - GB Memory - TB Hard Drive Black I - BLK - Best Buy Would upgrading to like this for example help Its only gb ram But is enough But its quadcore and i Even if its a older generation i not sure how to tell its still probably loads better than my e Or since its the same x it is probably not making much difference And video card not sure what it has either Or is it more cpu and ram Having quad core versus dual core and I versus E Where is the bottle neck Otherwise web and email this is fine If not much else maybe I will stick with this and wait few years Only bluethooth is builtin and I don't care for touch screen

A:Netflix?

It won't be PC for 4k you need a minimum speed of 25meg have you got that?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129128-netflix.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi My computer s been hijacked for a while but I did not know it I use firefox and have been unable to talk my fianc e into using it as well So the other day on No Netflix a whim I tried to access Netflix via IE and was redirected to this url http www netflix com entryTrap html why cookieless My fianc e told me it s been like that for a while On the page there are instructions on how to set IE s security features for optimal performance I almost choked AVG found and removed a Trojan downloader Please help --Meta Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at No Netflix PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system No Netflix lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C hijacking sgmain exe C hijacking sgbhp exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C hijacking hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cust www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C hijacking dlprotect dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C hijacking sgmain exe O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YPager exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windo... Read more

A:No Netflix

That page is merely letting you know that cookies need to be turned on to use Netflix in IE. If you follow the instructions on the page and make sure that cookies are enabled then Netflix should work just fine.

There is nothing suspicious in your log. If you want we can do some scans and see if they come up with anything, but I don't really see a problem here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/no-netflix-99174.html
Relevancy 37.41%
Q: Netflix

Hello everyone, newbie here.

XP, Office 2003, Norton Systemworks complete re-install of everything, with new harddrive.

Problem is: Can pull up everyother web page but cannot pull up Netflix.com. Have closed firewalls, disabled Norton, emptied DNS, as well as all temp files. Lowered security to minimum, still no go. Using router for two machines, identical. Neither machine can pull up this webpage. HOWEVER, when I connect laptop to router in empty slot, it can pull up webpage. Very strange to me. When site pinged, it is getting to their server and sending back, computer is just blocking return. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Saw at another site that someone suggested checking the date, another, using capitol letters in the address, nothing has worked. Thank you very much. Dagreg

A:Netflix

have you tried to enter the webpage as https://www.netflix.com or https://netflix.com? This will try and open it as a secure location.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21727/netflix/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey, I recently bought a windows 8 pc and did all the windows update, yesterday night. Now the Netflix app gives me this error when I try to play a show:

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11794-netflix-help.html
Relevancy 37.41%

The Netflix App for Windows 8 is now available but it doesn't work on either of my W8 installs. When I launch it the ping pong balls go in circles forever, has it actually worked for anyone? Some of the reviews have complained about the same issues but it seems to work for most people, has 4 out of 5 stars at the moment.

A:Netflix App

Works for me on my Samsung Series 7 Slate. I tested it with the beginning of a movie just to verify it. Off to work now. Will test more later. But did want to verify its proper operation...

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/10071-netflix-app.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Tech Support Guy System Info lag?? fix a got for Netflix Anyone Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Xeon TM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count this means I have TWO ghz processors RAM Mb and my bit OS recognizes all of it Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B h Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled In addition to the above I have a Cisco DCP modem and D-Link DIR- Router Cox came to the house and replaced their splitter then ran the same speed tests I had already done Anyone got a fix for Netflix lag?? I have COX internet Premium mbs - with the new splitter Cox clocked mbs download speeds I have a system that FAR exceeds anything that Netflix can screw with So why am I experiencing lag with Netflix I have no explanation for this and have read all the other replies Has anyone out there got an honest fix for this Please advise Knightsix nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

I have been having an issue only with Firefox and Netflix it works with Explorer but ideally I d rather use Firefox MOST though not all of the time when I try to play a video on Netflix I get a black screen and nothing happens I ve tried every single step on the Firefox Netflix + Netflix troublshooting suggestions for this problem and none of it works When I Firefox + Netflix called Netflix after talking to me for a while the tech told me that quot Silverlight is not hitting Firefox proplerly quot whatever that means The guy gave me another phone number to call regarding Silverlilght -- so it was Microsoft as it turned out and Firefox + Netflix assured me that all I had to do was call those people and my problem would be magically fixed Microsoft told me that they couldn t help me because the issue was with Firefox not Explorer Does Firefox + Netflix anyone know about this issue or can help or give me additional suggestions of what to try BTW here s what Netflix has about this issue https help netflix com article en ack screen without player controls on windows nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

So I've been using Netflix for about three months now and haven't had any trouble with it but all of a sudden yesterday I couldn't get onto the website anymore At first I thought the servers were just busy but it's been two days and I still can't get on I try to navigate to Netflix com but it just sits there loading for three or four minutes until it finally gives me the problem loading page page I tried it on three other browsers but it does the same thing on all of them I even tried switching to the other user account on this laptop and the same thing happened there too I tried it on the family desktop though and it seems to work just fine on that computer I tried deleting the Netflix cookies re-installing Java updating my Firefox and turning off the firewall but nothing has worked Netflix is the only website I'm having this problem with Every other site I use is working fine For a breif moment while trying it on Opera I was able to get to the log in page and sign in but after that nothing I can also get to help netflix com but as get Netflix laptop all on at Can't from my you can see it Can't get on Netflix at all from my laptop hasn't been very helpful Anyone know what the problem is edit when the problem loading page thing comes up it tells me the connection to the server was reset scratch that on help netflix com I can't get on there now either

A:Can't get on Netflix at all from my laptop

Have you tried the laptop at another location (i.e. take it to a Starbucks or Wendy's, etc) to see if it changes anything?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530783/cant-get-on-netflix-at-all-from-my-laptop/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have the version of Windows 8.1 that does not include Remote Desktop. I want to be able to control my HTPC which is running Windows 8.1 from my other Windows 8.1 PCs. In particular, I want to be able to use one of these other PCs to launch and control the Netflix and Hulu apps.

I tried TeamViewer, but it seems to change the screen resolution when I login with it to something that is not supported by the Netflix or Hulu apps. Something like Xbox Smartglass, except instead of controlling an Xbox, I want to control another Windows 8.1 PC.

Thanks!

A:Can I control Netflix on one Win 8.1 PC from another PC?

If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Droid phone or tablet, you can download Mobile Mouse Pro - It's 5 bucks - to control your mouse from the potatocouch.

It's the best wifi based remote there is, it works best on iOS devices, but I have it on my droid tablet as well and it works almost as good.

The only way you would be able to use Windows 8 to control a Windows 8 machine, would be to have a Windows 8 phone and I believe you can download Mobile Mouse Pro for that too.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37369-can-i-control-netflix-one-win-8-1-pc-another-pc.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I do have Netflix however it is not registered in my name
I received this mail today. Hmmm deleted it
I have no registered account with them

Be careful peeps

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/netflix-phishing.4067032/
Relevancy 36.98%

hi guys!

been having connection probs but only w/netflix.com. internet is dropped. ie diagnoses problem and i have to get update ip settings. that brings conx back. but can NEVER access netflix. this is not a computer problem b'c same thing happens w/android phone on wireless network. called time warner and netflix, of course no help from either.

any help would be greatly appreciated

<3 helplessbabe

Relevancy 36.98%

As usual a person gets questions from friends that are beyond the person expertise. Often the questions offer only sparse detail but I will try to ask an at least listenable question.

Basically the user subscribes to NETFLIX for movies which he can watch on his monitor, save to memory / disc or receive a CD later. He wants to use a wireless transmission from his computer to a TV some distance from the computer. Does this make any sense? Is it possible and how?

By the way, if one had a monitor and TV that both use a computer how is it cabled and controlled. By switch?

Pardon my ignorance, but I said I would ask for him.

Thanks,
Rbuck

A:Using a computer for netflix?

He wants to use a wireless transmission from his computer to a TV some distance from the computer.Click to expand...

I dont think he will do that very easily

By the way, if one had a monitor and TV that both use a computer how is it cabled and controlled. By switch?Click to expand...

Depending on the Monitor and PC and TV
If only have a VGA out - then yes a switch
the VGA cable to the switch and then two VGA cables - 1 cable ---> TV if it has a PC input 2 cable ---> Monitor
BUT
if the PC has a HDMI output and a VGA you may be able to connect both up

I would find out make and model of the TV
What inputs it has, PC input
then if it has a LAN connection - as you may be able to connect to a network

Make and model of the PC
what outputs on the graphic card
HDMI, VGA, DVI

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-computer-for-netflix.968949/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just did a fresh install of vista and updated all my drivers last thursday and since then I've been running everything fine I play L D half-life and Silverlight netflix perfect and for hours on end Then today Silverlight and netflix I got a free trial with netflix and I had to install microsoft silverlight to view the instant videos online After about minutes into the program my computer shuts off No BSOD no restart just shuts completely off I had no idea what happened So I go ahead and start up the video again and watch it for another minutes and my computer shuts off completely So I'm stuck in between hardware and software issue especially since it hasn't ever occurred before I'm also using firefox to stream netflix if that makes any difference Here are my specs Rosewill W It's new and I've been using it since thursday Asus M N -SLi Deluxe Wireless Edition mobo XFX GT XXX vga sticks of GB OCZ DDR GB Desktar RPM HDD I have yet to make absolute sure if my computer is overheating or not so I'm going to test it again with netflix and use speedfan to check the temps I'll update in a second EDIT I had the speedfan window up while watching the video Every temperature was under C and it was even worse this time it only lasted a minute and then it shut down completely without reboot or warning

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/silverlight-and-netflix-367741.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I have Win7 and Flash Player and Microsoft SilverLight.

And FireFox wont play NetFlix but it wont tell me why.

What di I have to do that will not mass up my other Profile that people use iE on?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531346/netflix-and-firefox/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey everyone,

I was curious of how Netflix makes there money and how they avoid any legal issues. Essentially it seems they use other companies/people's media and content to make money for themselves. Wouldn't they need to pay some kind of royaltie fees to the people who own the media?

Also, what kind of servers would they need to use to handle the kind of stress they get from the thousands of people who are streaming content at once? How would they handle those issues?

I only ask because I was thinking of hosting some videos (not copyrighted material) on my own virtual server so some of my facebook friends can have exclusive access to it. It's for a video game clan. Thanks again!

A:Not Sure Where to put this> Netflix question?

If you want to share videos with your friends, I would suggest using YouTube. You should be able to set up a private channel that only the people you want to view have access to.

Netflix negotiates with movie studios and production companies to be able to stream the content that do. That's why not all movies and television shows are available. Not all companies give Netflix the right to do it. But this doesn't have anything to do with your videos if you're the one who made them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-where-to-put-this-netflix-question.1090819/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just got netflix and i have it working on my computer but it wont allow me to connect to my wii . I have a retail plus router but dont know how to find the password ( key code) and staples doesnt sell this router anymore so they cant help me...

Relevancy 36.98%

I want to hook up my big screen TV to my Vista-run computer to watch streaming movies.
What hardware do I need to look for?

A:viewing Netflix

Are you wanting to do this with existing hardware or do you intend to get a new media center PC for the job? If existing hardware, tell us what you have, already.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-netflix.885110/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm about to get a cable broadband connection into my house and don't know how to hook up my old Sony trinitron tv up so I can watch Netflix. Also need a wifi router.

A:Watching Netflix on old crt tv

I'm about to get a cable broadband connection into my house and don't know how to hook up my old Sony trinitron tv up so I can watch Netflix. Also need a wifi router.Are you looking to hook up a computer? Or are you looking to use ANY device to hook to the TV to watch Netflix?If you are talking about the latter, then there are number of devices that will hook to an old CRT TV by way of a standard composite (i.e. yellow "RCA" jack) or maybe even an S-Video jack since your CRT Trinitron TV likely does not have HDMI or component (red-green-blue RCA jacks). If nothing else, Wii can hook up to CRT TVs and you can watch Netflix through your Wii. Also, older Roku devices (but not the Roku 3 it appears) can hook up to older analog connectors and they offer a Netflix "channel".If you are talking about a computer, then you will either need a graphics card that support output to a composite video connection or you will need a converter that will go from VGA to composite (or S-Video) or even DVI/HDMI to composite (or S-Video).If you clarify what you specifically want to do, then I might be able to provide more specific guidance. Also, it would help if you listed what specific input connections you have on the TV and if you want to use a computer, what specific output options you have on the computer (i.e. brand/model of computer).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497122/watching-netflix-on-old-crt-tv/
Relevancy 36.98%

I use Win7. Every time I turn on my PC, check the Internet or whatever I get a Netflix add. How do I stop it from loading?
thanks, eddie460

Relevancy 36.98%

My Windows Surface Pro 3 will not connect to Netflix through the browser and it will not open through the apps. I am not sure what is wrong with it. I used to be able to without any problems.. but now I can't. It is very frustrating!!

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/i-cant-connect-to-netflix/720.html